- Brain and brain!!! What is brain?!?
- Green-blooded hobgoblin.
- Fight me, Jimmy!
- Five thousand quatloos that the newcomers will have to be destroyed.
- (seductively) "I hear that, intellectually, Vulcans are as highly evolved as
Stratos city dwellers."
- I want an android body!
- What makes you think you're a man? You're an overgrown jackrabbit! An elf, with a hyperactive thyroid!
- Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD. Are you sure your circuits are registering correctly? Your ears are green.
- Hail, hail, fire and snow
Call the angel, we will go
Far away for to see
Friendly angel, come to me!
- I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
- "Crack my knuckles and jump for joy, got a clean bill of health from Doctor McCoy."
The Way to Eden (Worst ST Episode Ever)
- “In this galaxy there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all that, and perhaps more, only one of each of us.”
Dr. Leonard McCoy
- Having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting, it may not be logical but it is often true.
Spock to Stonn
- "I'm a doctor, not an escalator."
Dr. McCoy "Friday's Child"
- "Curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want"
- Risk is our business.
- "Just before they went into warp, I beamed the whole kit and kaboodle into their engine room, where they'll be no tribble at all."
- KIRK: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely looks like Satan?"
SPOCK: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
KIRK: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"
- I signed aboard this ship to practice medicine, not to have my atoms scattered back and forth across space by this gadget.
McCoy (& his transporter paranoia)
- I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic circuit using stone knives and bearskins.
- Vulcans never bluff.
- They say there's no devil, Jim, but there is, right out of Hell. I saw it!
Commodore Matt Decker (Doomsday Machine)
- Spock: Random chance seems to have operated in our favor.
Dr. McCoy: In plain non-Vulcan English, we've been lucky.
Spock: I believe I said that, Doctor.
- "I'm an illogical woman who's beginning to feel like part of this communications console. Why don't you tell me I'm an attractive young lady, or ask me if I've ever been in love? Tell me how planet Vulcan looks when the moon is full."
"Vulcan has no moon, Miss Uhura."
"I'm not surprised, Mr. Spock."
The Voice of the Night
- I am Kirok! I have come! I am Kirok!
The Voice of the Night
- On Beta Antares IV, they play a real game. It's a man's game, but, of course, probably a little beyond you. It requires intelligence.
Captain James T. Kirk
- Then you have one other choice, kill Mitchell while you still can.
- R26, Miramaneeeeeeeeee!
Capt. Kirk (Kirok)
- "May I point out that I have gotten a chance to examine your counterparts closely. They are brutal, savage, uncivilized and illogical. They are in every way examples of homo-sapians, the very flower of humanity."
The Spock Market
- Mr. Spock - 'Captain, I recommend you abandon the attempt. Do not risk the ship further on my behalf.'
Dr. McCoy - 'Shut up, Spock, we're rescuing you!'
Mr. Spock - 'Why, thank you, "Captain" McCoy.'
The Immunity Syndrome
- The Enterprise takes no orders, except those of Captain Kirk. And if you make any attempt to board or commandeer the Enterprise, it will be blown to bits along with as many of you as we can take with us!
- Shall I prepare a mild sedative, Doctor?
- Vulcan, like Earth, had its aggressive, colonizing period--savage, even by Earth standards--and if the Romulans retain this martial philosophy then weakness is something we dare not show.
The Voice of the Night
- Damn it, Spock, I'm a doctor, not a butt-plug!
- Captain Kirk: Mr. Spock, you would find me a formidable enemy.
Mirror Spock: I'm aware of that, Captain. I trust that you are aware of the reverse.
- Mr. Spock: Indeed, gentlemen. May I point out that I had an opportunity to observe your counterparts here quite closely. They were brutal, savage, unprincipled, uncivilized, treacherous - in every way splendid examples of homo sapiens, the very flower of humanity. I found them quite refreshing.
Captain James T. Kirk: [to McCoy] I'm not sure, but I think we've been insulted.
Dr. McCoy: I'm sure.
- What am I, a doctor or a moon shuttle conductor?
- No, I won't kill him - do you hear? You'll have to get your entertainment someplace else!
Captain Kirk to the Metrons
- "Captain Kirrrrkkkkk, Captain Kirrrrkkkk."
The Catspaw Witches
- May I introduce you to... She-Who-Is-My-Wife.
- Now this is marvelous. The most horrible conglomeration of antique architecture I've ever seen.
Dr. McCoy (in interior decorator mode)
- Dr. McCoy: You deliberately stopped me, Jim. I could have saved her. Do you know what you just did?
Spock: He knows, Doctor. He knows.
- I will eject you. Into SPACE!
- The air is the air.
- I can't! But to question Spock, of all people... Me, yes. I could run off half-cocked given a good reason, so could you, but not Spock. It's impossible.
- Captain, since we have seen that death is the one reality in this situation, I seriously suggest you reseat yourself immediately, without moving a muscle of either hand. If I remember correctly, that would involve you in what was called the fast draw. It initiated unfortunate events.
Spock in "Spectre of the Gun"
- T'PAU: Live long and prosper, Spock.
SPOCK: I shall do neither. I have killed my captain and my friend.
- Saavik: You lied!
Spock: I exaggerated.
- Dr. Phillip Boyce: A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he... turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Christopher Pike: Now you're beginning to talk like a doctor, bartender.
Dr. Phillip Boyce: Take your choice. We both get the same two kinds of customers-- the living and the dying.
- No Kill I!
- Because of your Vulcan physique, I've prepared an extremely potent shot for you. However, I thought you might like to know that I've removed all the breakables from sickbay.
Bones - The Deadly Years
- Kirk: I am the Kirk, the creator?
Nomad: You are the creator.
Kirk: You're wrong. Jackson Roykirk, your creator, is dead. You have mistaken me for him. You are in error. You did not discover your mistake; you have made two errors. You are flawed and imperfect, and you have not corrected by sterilization; you have made three errors.
Nomad: (melting down and shooting sparks)Error? Error? Error? Examine.
- Kirk: I want his service record to end that way; he didn't ask for what happened to him.
Spock: I felt for him, too.
Kirk: I believe there's some hope for you after all, Mr. Spock.
- In every revolution there is one man with s vision. You can be that man.
- The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
- R55 Captain Kirk, I shall consider it.
Evil Spock to Kirk
- "Jim, I think I liked him with a beard better. It gave him character. Of course, almost any change would be a distinct improvement."
- All right. In the heart, in the head, I won't stay dead. Next time I'll do the same to you; I'll kill you. And it goes on and on - good old game of war, pawn against pawn - stopping the bad guys while, somewhere, some... THING sits back and laughs and starts it all over again!
Kirk to Kang - Day of the Dove
- Cossacks! Filthy Klingon murderers! You killed my brother Pyotr!
- I have little to say about it, Captain, except that for the first time in my life I was happy.
- I'm gonna ram her right down that thing's throat.
Commodore Matt Decker
- He's dead, Jim.
- Change is the essential process of all existence.
SPOCK Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
- There's only one kind of woman...or man, for that matter. You either believe in yourself or you don't.
KIRK Mudd's Women
- We've got to risk implosion. We may explode into the biggest fireball this part of the galaxy has seen, but we've got to take that one in a million chance.
- Hailing frequencies are open, Captain.
- Kevin Riley: "And now, crew, I will render 'Kathleen'... ONE MORE TIME!"
Captain Kirk: (murmuring to himself) "Please, not again."
The Naked Time
- "There are other forms of intelligence on Earth doctor. Only human arrogance would assume the message must be meant for man."
Star Trek, The Voyage Home
- Sulu: Hey, why don't you come down to the gym with me, Kevin, my lad.
Sulu: Why not? A light work-out will take the edge off.
- Sulu: I'll protect you, fair maiden.
Uhura: Sorry, neither!
The Voice of the Night
- His brain is gone!
- If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'. If I were human.
Spock in 'The Final Frontier'
- By golly, Jim, I'm beginning to think I can cure a rainy day!
Dr. McCoy - "The Devil in the Dark"
- Uhura to mirror universe Sulu: I'm afraid I changed my mind... again!
- You're the Captain's Woman until he says you're not.
- Warning. Warp core breach in 45 seconds.
- Damn it, Bones, you're a doctor. You know that pain and guilt can't be taken away with a wave of a magic wand. They're the things we carry with us, the things that make us who we are. If we lose them, we lose ourselves. I don't want my pain taken away! I need my pain!
James Tiberius Kirk - Stark Trek V-The Final Frontier
- "His brain is gone!"
Dr. Leonard McCoy, Chief Medical Officer
- I have been, and always shall be, your friend.
Spock to Kirk, STII: The Wrath of Khan
- Dr. McCoy: I said, please don't tell Spock I said he was the best first officer in the fleet.
Spock: Why thank you, Dr. McCoy.
Capt. Kirk: You've been so concerned about his Vulcan eyes, Doctor, you forgot about his Vulcan ears.
- McCoy: What do those supersensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
Spock: Wood... rubbing on some kind of leather.
Gay Banter from The Galileo Seven
- Khan Noonien Singh: But I caution you, such men dare take what they want.
- Mr. Spock: Being split in two halves is no theory with me, Doctor. I have a human half, you see, as well as an alien half, submerged, constantly at war with each other. Personal experience, Doctor. I survive it because my intelligence wins out over both, makes them live together.
- Lt. Uhura: Captain! My communicator is working again. I've just made contact with the Enterprise. They're asking if you want to beam up.
Captain Kirk: Yes! Let's get the hell out of here.
- "Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in the galaxy that can make that claim."
- I'm Captain Kirk! I'M CAPTAIN KIRK!
The Bad Half from 'The Enemy Within'
- "Now this is a drink for a man." -- Scott
"Scotch?" -- Checkov
"Aye." -- Scott
"It vas inwented by a little old lady in Lenningrad." -- Checkov
- "Double dumb-ass on you!"
Kirk adjusting to 1986
- No beach to walk on.
- R89 = 6:15
- "Everybody remember where we parked."
-James Tiberius Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Thank you, r90; now I need to watch this :)
- They like you very much, but they are not the hell your whales.
- "Excuse me! I need to ask a question. What does God need with a starship?"
JTK taking on the Almighty
- Dr. McCoy -- "Well, what do you know? I finally got the last word!"
- KIRK: My friend... is obviously Chinese. I see you've noticed the ears. They're... actually easy to explain...
SPOCK: Perhaps the unfortunate accident I had as a child...
KIRK: ...the unfortunate accident he had as a child. He caught his head in a mechanical... rice picker... but, fortunately, there was an American missionary living close by who was actually a, uh, skilled, uh, plastic surgeon in civilian life...
- This is fantasy. You wanted adventure, how's this? The old adrenaline going, huh? Good boy. Now get in the closet.
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea is just as good as Star Trek. Let's quote some of its classic dialogue. Who's with me?
- Trelane: Oh, the remarkable treachery of the species!
Captain James T. Kirk: Go on, Trelane! Look at it! It's over. Your power is blanked out. You're finished!
Trelane: You've earned my wrath! Go back. Go back to your ship! All of you! And prepare: you're all dead men! You, especially, Captain!
Sulu: Ooh, get her!
- Dr. McCoy - "Spock, this 'child' is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth. Now, what do you suggest we do? Spank it?
- R99 - I loved that Uhura!
- "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
Mr. Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
- Scotty: Computer! Computer?
(He's handed a mouse, and he speaks into it)
Scotty: Hello, computer.
Dr. Nichols: Just use the keyboard.
Scotty: A keyboard. How quaint.
- Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?
- KHAAAANNNNN! KHAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!
- [quote]Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea is just as good as Star Trek. Let's quote some of its classic dialogue. Who's with me?
No one, apparently.
Pay the miserable $18 pittance and start your own fucking thread. It's incredible rude to try to hijack someone else's just because you're a cheapskate.
- Mr. Scott -- "Captain, thank heaven."
Spock -- "Mr. Scott, there was no deity involved. It was my cross-circuiting to B that recovered them."
Dr. McCoy -- "Well, then, thank pitchforks and pointed ears! As long as it worked, Jim."
- Dr. McCoy: The word was "smog".
Spock: Yes, I believe that was the term. I had no idea you were that much of a historian, Doctor.
Dr. McCoy: I am not, Mr. Spock. I was simply trying to stop you from giving us a whole lecture on the subject.
- Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID!
- Martia: They'll respect you now.
Kirk: That's a comfort. I was lucky that thing had knees.
Martia: That was not his knee. Not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place, Captain.
Kirk: Anything you want to tell me?
- "If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell."... If I were human"
- Dr. McCoy: Spock, I've found that evil usually triumphs... unless good is very, very careful.
- Kirk: Damn it, Bones, I need you. Badly!
Gay Banter from Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- "I would never take advantage of a sexually immature species. You can assure him that's the truth, can't you?"
- Captain Kirk: The best defense is a strong offense, and I intend to start offending right now.
- "I AM NOMAD!"
- "Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream"
- Dr. McCoy: Those filthy butchers. There are rules, even in war. You don't keep hacking at a man after he's down.
McCoy Describing DataLounge at Low-Tide
- Love is the most important thing on Earth. Especially to a man and a woman.
- McCoy: (to an unconscious Spock) I'm gonna tell you something that I... never thought I'd ever hear myself say. But it seems I've... missed you. And I don't know if I could stand to lose you again.
- (Witnessing the destruction of the Enterprise
Kirk: My God, Bones... what have I done?
McCoy: What you had to do. What you always do, turn death into a fighting chance to live.
Star Trek III: The Search For Spock
- I don't believe in the no-win scenario.
- “We have them just where they want us.”
James T. Kirk
- What does it mean, "exact change"?
- "You once asked me why I married your mother...I married her because I loved her." -- Sarek, "Star Trek" (2009)
- Spock: If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a starship is your first, best destiny; anything else is a waste of material.
Kirk: I would not presume to debate you.
Spock: That is wise. Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Kirk: Or the one.
Spock: You are my superior officer. You are also my friend. I have been and always shall be yours.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
- Beware Romulans bearing gifts.
- This thread made me watch The Voyage Home last night. I didn't want anything too heavy.
- Did you find the nuclear wessels, R130?
The Voice of the Night
- Yes VOTN. I love the part where he and Uhura are asking the cop where the nuclear wessels are and he's just staring at them. I always wondered if they were really wandering the streets in costume and approaching real people and not actors.
- "I always wondered if they were really wandering the streets in costume and approaching real people and not actors."
When "ST IV" was shot in San Francisco, they had a little problem. There were lots of hidden camera shots of the characters walking down the street in costume, director Nimoy wanted some shots of ordinary people gawking. But nobody gawked! By San Francisco standards, a Starfleet uniform isn't wierd enough to attract attention.
I love that movie
- I also love The Voyage Home, and I've also heard the story about how the actors in their Starfleet uniforms didn't even get a second glance from people on the street.
- If both survive the [italic]lirpa,[/italic] combat will continue with the [italic]ahn woon.[/italic]