- Thank you!
- Thanks! Rajar have released the latest listening figures and it's fantastic news for Nick as the new breakfast show is only down 40,000 on Moyles' audience!
- N16 That is Great News!!! I am so happy for him!!
- That's good to hear, N16. Well done, Team Grimmy!
- Brilliant news! Knew the breakfast team could do it!
- According to this twitter (Derry, where R1BW is going to be held) the team got sent to Derby instead? woops
- oops forgot the link
- Apparently Ed confirmed on a radio station today that Harry does have two "posh houses" but still stayed over at Ed's a month or two ago.
- Sweet story about Harry told by Ed:
- Lot's of people talking on twitter posting old tweets from April suggesting Harry's flat he has on top of the Hampstead place is in Stoke Newington so further north than Hoxton and maybe where these recent pictures were taken.
- So glad the ratings were good. They are up 250,000 in the 15 - 24 year olds which is what they were aiming for.
Another tweet; not sure if he has any actual knowledge, but thorough. (The link on the reply is just spam).
- nick looks AMAZING today, that's all.
- Harry just said in 1D latest interview that Wouldn't it be nice by Beach Boys is the theme song of his life. Now I am more than convinced Harry and Nick discused about mariage and being comitted to each other. I am sure they are in a very serious relationship.
- Doesn't he R15?! ah if I was single and he was straight... Can't wait to listen back to today's show I've been stuck in meetings since 7 (bad enough) and it looked like loads of fun from everyone's tweets!
- Glad I'm not the only one with a small crush on him then.
The press haven't been kind re the audience figures (with the exception of the Guardian)
I suppose it makes for a better story though.
- LG - Yes, there certainly are some bad ones, the Daily Mail should have just written "we hate Nick Grimshaw", it would have been quicker!
The Mirror seem in favour though, and have actually written a balanced article (well for them anyway). Nice photographs at the bottom too....
- It's ridiculous though, they lost 500k viewers in a year and 40k in the three months that nick has been running the show, it's pretty obvious that the majority of the losses were moyles' own fault not nick? Plus they were expecting much greater losses naturally from the switch and refocusing on a younger demographic and they managed to bring in almost 250k more listeners in the target demographic!?? I don't get how people are viewing this negatively - for radio 1 overall compared to other stations sure, but nick and the team have been fantastic.
- C, the Daily Mail seem to hate everyone (as do their readers) so I guess we shouldn't really be surprised.The Metro put a more positive spin on it.
I was pleasantly surprised by the figures. Personally, I like his character/presenting style but always thought him quite niche and therefore a surprise choice for the role. I'm glad I was wrong.
- R16 Yes I read about that too. Very interesting indeed.
- Harry also said that would be the one song he would listen to if he could only listen to for the rest of his life earlier last year...during the American tour I think? So it's had significance to him for a while, and I do think it's a bit note-worthy. Not indicative of anything specific, but for a kid in a boyband constantly struggling under pressure and fitting to a certain image, you do have to sympathize a bit.
- A good examination of the listening figures
- That is interesting about the song and I agree and sympathize as you suggested.
- A great, positive article on the breakfast show from NME! Which is quite a big deal as they hate everything and anything mainstream
- Nice! Thanks, R26.
- Tangentially, Cara Delevigne has come out and said that her and Harry are just friends.
- That song is a love song tho. That tells me he is thinking at a particular person (Nick), is not just about his struggles in the band lets be serious.
- Found myself watching 'This Morning' this morning, and 1D were doing an interview on there, now, I haven't watched many 1D interviews but the ones that I have when Harry in particular is asked questions like 'what he likes in a girl' or 'how would you get a girl?' I always focus on the other boys reactions, and every time they smirk or laugh or look uncomfortable, and this morning was no different! Just an observation.
- Just read the nme article. Good piece but I especially liked the last comment about David Attenborough. It was fantastic to hear him on the show and definitely brought prestige to it. Go Grimmy.
- You could be right, R29, it's interesting to me either way.
- R30 yes, I love to see the other boys' reactions. I've also noticed that they often smirk or laugh.
- R29 No no I agree, I'm just wary of jumping into the logic that because he likes a song or considers it his theme song, etc. he automatically relates 100% to it and it must be about him and Nick. It completely makes sense in the context of them being in a relationship, but it doesn't "prove" it, is the point I was making. However, given that Harry's life is under a lot of pressure and restriction, it makes sense that a song like that IS something he could personally relate to, and could very well relate to his relationship with N.
- R32 / R29 - I've liked the song, in a sing-along sort of way, for years, but I hadn't actually read the lyrics properly before (I have linked below in case anyone else doesn't know them either). It really is directed at a single person, and actually rather appropriate for anyone in a closeted relationship; a strange choice for an 18 year old boy, unless it is particularly personal for them though.
- It is a song about growing old with somebody and being maried. Pretty sugestive imo.
- I had to check the lyrics too, C. I agree that it does suit his situation or the situation we think he's in anyway. It's an intriguing choice I agree.
- I have just seen another clothes sharing comparison on tumblr. The white tshirt warn by Nick today looks just like the one worn by Harry in Ghana. White with blue or grey edging. I'm not sure of exact colour because I'm just looking on my phone.
- I do think that the song choice it quite telling for Harry's situation, but I have to laugh a bit that it is coming up again. The Larry shippers really saw the first time it was mentioned as a huge Harry/Louis sign (and maybe still do?). I do think the general hints towards Nick are much stronger, but that the song has a more general message if you combine the pressure of his life in the spotlight from such as young age and the assumed closetness (is this a word?).
- But he could easily just be playing off the "wouldn't it be nice if we were older" line - because they can't drink in the states and are teased for being so young whereas he likes the company of older people.
Yes the song has more weighted meanings about love and not being able to express it, but he wasn't necessarily thinking that much.
- This is the clothes sharing post, it definitely seems like the same tshirt. The boys flew to Ghana the same day nick posted the Instagram picture in bed with the other person with only their hand visible - and then later that day harry was wearing his shirt. Seems more likely it could have been him after all.
- Also - the Mirror seems to be the go-to tabloid for Hackford Jones nowadays - lots of Haylor scoops, 1D's comic relief quotes (unless those were taken off Daybreak, I didn't watch it), and positive things about the breakfast show ratings.
- Interesting post, but I'm still not convinced that it's harry in the ring picture but the shirt looks like a match! The Larry defenders are the most amusing past of that post.
- Yes, those are my thoughts too, R43. I think the shirt looks very similar but I'm not sure the person in the photo with Nick is Harry.
- I do think it's Harry in the Thurston photo on the couch though.
- R45 Me too, and it was the arm that made me think so.. why would you lift you arm out of the picture like that which looks like an uncomfortable position? Unless you're trying to hide your arm tattoos..?
- R46, I was really convinced by the photo Niall tweeted with Harry sitting on the couch in black jeans...his thighs really looked similar to those in Nick's photo. I agree on the arm point too though.
- Out of curiousity, why do you think it's not Harry? I'm not saying this is proof by any means but if we look at it:
- the person could be Theo because the ring is similar, however Nick was at a concert the night before with three other friends who were not Theo, there's nothing to suggest he was over afterward. If it isn't one of his other friends it would likely be Aimee (if she was still living there) or a significant other who came over after.
- harry is wearing a shirt that is likely nick's later that day. They've worn each other's clothing before and admitted to it, it's a bit far fetched to suggest that on this occasion they simply each bought identical t-shirts. Harry seems to grab Nick's clothes when leaving his house, and that would make sense in this case. Definitely possible he left Nick's that morning, therefore could have been the person in the picture.
To me the shirt is a lot more of a weight than comparing the phone to pictures of Harry's phone from months ago. Again, similar to the couch photo, which more people seem to believe was H, the picture carefully doesn't show anywhere that H has tattoos.
- Please, could you leave Larry outside the thread? I don't know why you feel the need to always comment on this topic and later complain that Larry shippers invaded you.
- Perhaps I should have been more precise, R48. I am not convinced YET that it is Harry, but I am not saying it's definitely not him either. It could be.
I do think the shirt is likely Nick's regardless of whether it was Harry in the photo or not.
- According to various tweets, Grimmy is/was out with H and James Corden (and likely Dave Gardner and Gabe Turner as well) tonight.
- So do we think this blind is about Harry?
- So Nick and Harry together on Harry's birthday: dinner and Groucho party and all. Nice.
- R53 - Yes, looking at time stamps on photographs, they both left Groucho's at the same time, just before 2.30am (although oddly they are not in the same photographs then); Nick sounds fine so far though.
He just mentioned speaking to someone at 2am so that sounds about right.
- So Harry is taken according to Russell Brand in his interview with Grimmy
- I didn't know that Grimmy smokes!
I don't think we can take that sort of thing too seriously though. Nick's ex producer had apparently just been joking about going out with Harry herself, if their relationship was such common knowledge Russell is making jokes about it, it would seem a bit of an odd thing to say.
- Looks as though Nick is in the same outfit as last night!
- To be fair the full comment from Russell Brand was something along the lines of
Harry Styles, from One Direction, he's taken. He's one of the one hundred people doing yoga in my house. That boy is twisted up in all types of knots.
(Going from memory so that may not be exact, but it's the general guist, and refers to their previous comments about the Sun article). There did seem to be a slight delay after the "he's taken" and you could hear vague laughter but Russell Brand could have just been taking a breath and they were laughing at most of what he was saying anyway.
- It is so lovely to see that they spent so much of last night together and we got new photos again!
- Saw some photo's of Flack wearing H's hoodie (months after they supposedly 'split') That clinches it for me that they were In a relationship and probably still are.
Anyway, not here to try and convince anyone as I know your all sold on H&N so I'm going to leave you all to it an officially sign off.
Take care everyone.
- R56 - Forgot to mention in my post above, I am pretty sure the producer changed her answer to Harry at the last moment as she was being made to give a name on air, as it had been asked if the person in question worked for Radio 1 and Russell would have known Harry didn't! If anything at all I think it was more likely that Russell was covering rather than outing.
- Please don't hurt yourself, LG
- Caroline was out with Harry and Nick last night for his birthday.
Guess they were together all along. Oh dear, there are going to be some devastated Larry and Gryles people today.
- Unlikely, R65 since, as you pointed out, Caroline was out with Harry and NICK.
And Nick was with Harry at the dinner (along with James Cordon), whereas Caroline was only at the Groucho party.
- Exactly, R66.
- I quite like Caroline. I don't know why everyone hates her so much.
In fact I think she is too good for him.
- R68 I like her too I just dont think her and Harry are dating.
- I personally have nothing against her, R68. I just don't think she and Harry have been dating secretly...or at all.
- I don't hate Caroline at all.
- Any more news?
- Just that apparently all of Radio1 love him...there are some amusing tweets by the Radio1 twitter and Sara Cox had a photo and read out 19 reasons to love Harry Styles or something like that, haha. Scott Mills also tweeted him. I'm enjoying this. I think it shows they love Harry, but also that they love Nick!
- Didn't nick say this morning he hadn't been to sleep?
- He's also wearing the same clothes from last night
- I really like Caroline too - I started to after watching this year's Xtra Factor - her and Olly come across as warm and genuine. I think it's good she is still friends with Harry. I really do not think it's more than that. I have really good friends that I hooked up with briefly in the past. It's not crazy to think that's the case here. Harry's birthday dinner was just Ben Winston, James Cordon (who seems v protective of H in pap shots which I find v sweet) and Nick. Best showbiz pal, best work pal aside from the boys and boyfriend.
That's I how see it anyway. Sam was there with Caroline too, and they left together, there's a pic of her trying to protect Caroline from the paps. This is a tight knit bunch and no one's ever going to know the real truth until N and H do the cover of OK! haha
- That's exactly how I see that group too, N16. It definitely makes it seem like Nick was there as Harry's date/boyfriend.
- Yes, even the Mirror and the Daily Mail are mentioning she is an ex, so if she was meant to be misdirection it's not worked. Cara Delevingne was at Groucho's too. The Mirror have captioned one of the photographs
"Harry and Grimmy are starting to look stupidly alike"
as well and they're really not. Is it wrong that as a "Nick" fan I feel vaguely affronted by this...?
R74 - Yes from what I remember he said he hadn't been to bed, but I am sure he mentioned having a shower at some point; appear to be same clothes though.
- A bloke who only tweets from time to time has just tweeted 4 times in a row about Harry and Nick to them.
- Since that guy's tweets two more people have tweeted, one a london financial adviser and a lady who works in fashion marketing and promotion. She says shes just been told this
- The rumours have certainly spread now. I'm glad they're spending time together in public despite that!
- R80, do you mind linking to the lady's tweet?
The London financial advisor's tweet is here.
- The financial advisor and the guy who tweeted them four times both tweeted about meeting Jessica ennis at a conference on jan 24, I'm guessing that could be a connection or a link for the rumor
- requested tweet
- That's an interesting theory, R83, but I don't really know why she would say something like that. It's possible though.
- *you're *and *photos
One last thing. Brand's hair/makeup artist is very good friends with Flack. That may well explain the "Harry is taken" comment.
- R85 oh I'm not necessarily saying she would have said something, just that the rumor might have been going around there or they may have talked to the same people. Gives a link for the guy who tweeted four times since I don't believe there's anything known about what he does
- Steve Wright on BBC radio 2 has something special for Harry's birthday apparently. They are currently playing 1D records.
- The first guy and the financial advisor were at the same conference and I guess heard it from the same person. The gossip is clearly beginning to seep to mainstream (two more random twitter posts in last 30 minutes, which means any info will be less reliable (more likely to be friend of a friend of a friend stuff probably orgiinating from here or blind item guessing than London media whispers)
For what its worth I was chatting to some TV peeps 3 weeks ago who are certain (whatever that means)*they* are sleeping together but uncertain whether H is just doing some "pop star experimenting with life thing" or actually into guys fulltime.
I don't know the supposed sources well and can't vouch for their reliability but they appeared fairly knowledgable about some other things.
- I get what you're saying now, R87. That could be.
- Thank you for the information, R89. The fact that they don't know how serious they are etc... makes sense and actually makes them sound more reliable since they're not just adding their interpretation.
You're right though, overall it's getting difficult to judge how reliable these tweets are now.
- R91 - I would consider tweets by people who work in professional jobs or in employment like, Djs, fashion, music, tv in which H and N are involved to be possibly true ahead of 1D fans.
- R92, yeah, there are definitely degrees of reliability.
- R89 that's definitely interesting. As much as the rumors are going around, I would imagine that H and N are still keeping the private details o their relationship very private so it makes sense that people would be unsure of just how involved they are. Do you have links to the other tweets you mentioned? I know tweets don't necessarily mean anything when the rumors are just being passed along so much but I like to see them, and sometimes a person might tweet again later.
- Is he with Caroline or Nick?
Will we ever know, I think the fans will accept Caroline more, at least she's female.
- R95 As much as I am quite convinced that H and N are in some kind of relationship, I agree sadly that I think overall the reception to H/C would be better than H/N. The comments about age gap would still be there with N after all, and with C he can be cheered by some for getting with an older woman. Thinking realistically about if H and N ever came out honestly terrifies me just imagining all the shit that would get thrown at Nick
- It would actually be very interesting to see how the One Direction fans would react - most of them profess their love for Nick because he gets them fun Harry moments and because they don't view him as a threat to their own future relationship with Harry. So if Harry and Nick were to come out together I'm sure there'd be a big backlash in some sections but it would be very hypocritical for the ones who "love nick grimshaw" to suddenly start hating him.
- R97, It's definitely a minority of them who "profess their love for Nick", I would say. He's pretty polarizing when it comes to fans online, and then fans who don't engage online but simply read the magazines, buy CDs, go to concerts, dream about marrying one of the boys, etc. mostly wouldn't have heard of Nick at all, especially non-UK fans. It would come out of nowhere for non-UK media (even for some UK media, probably, and all would certainly be acting like it) and for a sizeable chunk of the fans, and I feel like most teen girls finding out that their idol/obsession/etc is gay and dating someone and then looking up Nick would probably only have rubbish to say - he gets enough shit already and it would be pretty easy to latch onto that if you hadn't heard about him.
- There are loads on twitter who ship the boys in various combinations together and listen to Nick, but I think it would be very different if it ever did turn out that Harry and Nick are anything more than friends.
- I doubt we'll ever know the truth of what's gone on. The situation isn't like many celebrity hookups/relationships which people benefit from dishing about in the future.
Harry is part of a group in which everyone involved in all this speculation, directly or in the inner circle seem so tight knit and protective that I don't think they'll ever tell. And I really can't imagine that would change as Harry seems the type to stay on good terms with people.
If I accept that Harry and Nick are in a relationship and imagine them staying together for a while (or specifically after 1D's star has faded), I think we'll pretty much see what we see now (spotted out and about, cryptic pictures, attending events together etc).
Discretion protects both of them and I'm guessing Harry is desperate for lack of scrutiny. If his friends and family know what's going on I think he'd probably be quite happy leading a quiet life with no announcements or confirmations and the same for Nick.
- R100, I agree. Unfortunate as it is, there would be a lot at stake for a lot of people if they did make their relationship public, besides the fact that it would only be inviting unimaginable more scrutiny into their lives, and Harry especially gets enough of that as it is. He's been content to not confirm/deny rumors before and just live his life, and if he and Nick are happy conducting a relationship out of public eye, I don't see why they would change that.
Honestly, I think a lot will have to do with how One Direction ends up going, how long they hold on the spotlight, however the members want to proceed with their lives, etc. I find it unlikely to imagine them disappearing from the spotlight anytime soon, and I don't see any blow-up feuds happening either. It will be interesting to see how the world tour goes this year, just because it's going to be for so long - how will they cope with it, how rundown will they get, how with the attention around them change, etc. It must be a pretty big issue for Harry and Nick too - regardless of how committed they may or may not be, the fact that Harry's going to be away for the majority of this year is huge. I'm curious to see what will happen there, how often Harry will make trips back to London, what shows Nick might go to (I think we'll definitely see him going to at least one show of the UK tour, Niall even seemed to suggest that). Can't imagine what that's gonna be like for them though.
- What happened in the Larry threads, I used to see them but never looked at any.
Did they just end after the bullshit business. What was the consensus at the end. I am just curious.
- R102, I think it's just moved back to tumblr, probably, there's still a lot of people there who believe that's true and have their own "theories" about Christmas and Harry's birthday and so on. Really doubt that's ever going to go away until these girls just grow up and get over it - a lot of them refuse to believe the bullshit tweet even came from Louis, and some of them even think Louis and Harry are married. Harry and Nick could come out in a full page magazine spread tomorrow morning and they would insist it was part of a grand cover-up. (I realize I'm generalizing here, but there are quite a lot who do think like this. It's just not really worth bothering with at this point.) Harry's clearly spending a lot of time with Nick and prioritizing that relationship in his life right now, and Louis has his girlfriend. I'm sure everyone is happy.
- Rather unrelated, to Harry's birthday at least, but Nick is one of the presenters of Comic Relief Red Nose Day (March 15th) this year. He was involved in the last one in 2011 but only as part of David Walliams 24 hour panel show as far as I remember, so definitely a more prominent role this time; which is good.
I agree, it would certainly be detrimental to both of their current careers to be seen to be dating publicly, however wrong I think that is. Having said that, they seem happy when they are together so it may just not be an issue for them. Can't imagine the Taylor interlude was pleasant though.
- The Larry threads ended a death when two obsessive posters began replying to every post in vitriolic anti-Larry fashion. By the end like 60% of the posts were negative or posts asking the obsessive anti-Larry trolls to leave.
There never was a consensus, more a love for the possibility of impossible love and a meet-cute story. They were great until they were invaded by several people who thought they would do everyone a favour by telling the "truth." A truth which has gone on for nearly twice as long as the Ass of Louis threads and is simply not as cute.
- Oh, that's exciting, c! I'm not super familiar with Red Nose Day, and I just visited the website but I'm a bit confused as to what actually happens, is this on television or an event happening somewhere? What sort of acts do they usually have? Do we know how involved One Direction might be, with the single they recorded?
- Just to say R102 that not everyone on here believes that Nick and Harry are together. Just that they have a nice friendship. A few here have more interest in Nick in general than Nick in relation to Harry.
- Is Lazer Quest something Harry would be into? Aimiee and Nick are off there.
- Harry and the 1D boys have talked about enjoying laser quest and celebrating stuff playing laser quest together before, but I have no idea if he's going there now? Saw some suggestions he might be going to Holmes Chapel or seeing family tonight/this weekend, which could explain why he was out with Nick last night. It is a bit odd that they'd go out on a Thursday night when Nick has to work early morning, and Harry's actual bday is a Friday night anyway.
- R106 - Red Nose Day is the actual day of the fundraising telefon (for want of a better word) for Comic Relief across the BBC (radio as well as television). The main programme is generally from 7pm onwards past midnight on BBC1 (this year, 15th March) and in a way is very similar to Children in Need although with less singing and more comedy (sketches and quizzes etc) in between films, such as the one which was no doubt recorded when 1D were in Ghana, showing where the money raised will be spent (half of this goes to UK charities, half to global ones (mainly African)). Unlike CIN, Comic Relief is independent of the BBC so there are a lot of other events across other broadcasters too, and from now onwards really there are various public events. There are also "red noses" sold across most supermarkets and T shirts, and this year mugs too. It's in alternative years and in 2011 they raised over £75 million (UK population is approx 60 millions), so it's very successful too.
R109 - It's difficult to know as both Aimee and Nick have tweeted about being "locked in and ready in the car" so they could really be going anywhere. It didn't seem as Aimee was with Harry yesterday so it is possible that they are both off to family celebrations as well.
- Oh Nick is actually one of the presenters for comic relief night? Excellent! I love that he's getting more TV work.
- Made me appreciate Mr Styles a little more.
- R112 Yeah I thought that was really sweet! I think it's telling that it wasn't in the papers, and that Harry didn't tweet about it or anything. He seems to just let people write whatever they want about them and never bothers to correct them or stand up for himself or even just acknowledge that he's done great stuff like this. It's sad that everyone is so dead set on such a particular image of him, despite the fact that so many people in his life have denied it and claimed what a decent guy he can be.
- I agree, R113. He seems like a generally good guy...compassionate.
- I posted audio of Ed telling that story btw in R12 if anyone wants to hear it.
- Yeah, r113, you just know that so many other celebs would have made sure they were "accidentally" discovered by paps while doing their good deed.
- Happy birthday from Nick! looks like harry's having a party!
- he also just tweeted this for people without iphones
- Apparently all of 1D (and Grimmy etc.) are at Birthdays in Dalston for a private party! Saw on twitter - @CrushedBeaks
So close to my work, damn I should have stayed out hah
- About the Larry stuff, sorry I won't mention it again after this.
I really don't like that they played up the gay stuff, then got angry when people actually thought they were.
To me that really goes against the nice guy image.
- Pixie Geldof, her boyfriend George Barnett and Aimee Phillips are there too. (The attached was taken a minute after the above one of Nick also by Pixie).
- Gorgeous pic of Aimee. She is so striking. Thanks R121
- Just for reference, someone found the tweets from January 2012 about Shoreditch House; and then continued with an absurdly thorough chronology...
- Ian acting as though as if he doesn't already know who's boobs are in the picture....
- Is Caroline there?
- Omg. Is anyone watching graham norton? He just had a joke about Harry Styles and I swear he said quietly at the end ''he's gay' or 'gay' ... please someone listen on iplayer!
- H - YES; I've just watched it back. If you are watching the iPlayer live it lets you restart the programme. I thought I had heard it so went back and rewatched (very loudly on earphones). He certainly says "he's gay". But he is seriously muttering.
- R125, I don't believe so. People have tweeted that Harry, Nick, Pixie, George Barnett, Aimee, Chris Leonard, Niall, and two of the guys from McFly. Pixie posted a pic of Nick and George, Nick posted a pic of Aimee, Niall apparently showed up later with the McFly guys, and Chris tweeted earlier today about seeing Harry later, so that seems to make sense.
- He is muttering but he clearly says it! and I don't think he's joking! Want to get this online somehow ....
- just listened back too and it does sound like he said so.
- Just watched it, he definitely says "he's gay" very subtly! Nick was only talking to graham a few days ago at the awards!
- Amazing. I want to watch this.
- What was the joke?
- Just watched it on iPlayer. It's not even subtle.
- "For women it can be very hard hitting their 40's, they are worrying about their looks and if they can find a man that fancies them.... (picture of harry appears on screen) oh yes they can... (laughter) ... awww he's gay"
- Thanks, r135. I'll have to watch later.
- I'm going to reply to the Louis threads question because it annoys me seeing people slamming them and those who used to post there. I'd like to explain what happened, but don't freak out at the mere mention of Louis, this is a one off post.
It's true that the threads laterally devolved into arguments, but they didn't die due to a fatal clash between Larry believers vs. non Larry believers or some such crap which seems to be what people believe. For one thing, it's a misconception that they were solely Larry threads when for most they were Louis-centric 1D threads with broad discussion.
What happened then is actually what keeps happening now on the Nick threads, but in reverse - some people didn't want to talk about Nick on a Louis-centric/1D thread just as people here don't want to talk about Louis on a Nick thread. Also, the majority on both sides did not particularly want to talk about Harry/Caroline.
Instead of just tolerating each other, people got riled up, abused each other and in defending themselves the arguments became pointlessly repetitive and circular which ultimately killed the thread. Which is why it's sad to see more of the same fighting, frustration and censorship on here that led to upset and the loss of those threads.
It's a shame the Louis threads are gone as in a way there was quite free discussion. I and several others did not believe Harry and Louis were together and enjoyed discussing their friendship and the dynamics between all the guys in the group. It was just fun. There were different topics all running at the same time, with Larry discussion as just one of them. When L Girl initially brought Nick to the threads several of us engaged her as it was something new to discuss.
Several of the old Louis thread posters have contributed to the Nick threads. I've very occasionally commented, (that was me at R100!). I do sometimes think it's a pity that there is an almost reflexive hostility to even mentioning the Louis Ass threads (lol) or Louis' name, because sometimes a reaction or snarky comment on Louis' part could support the idea of Harry/Nick..
Yes, I'm too invested before anyone says it. I think I have a lot of pent up annoyance. And I can't believe it's been 7 months of reading all these threads!
I hope this long post doesn't generate a nasty response (you have to be so careful on here). It is NOT intended as an attempt to derail the Nick discussion and I won't be engaging others or expanding on this topic further so I think it'll be fine.
Saying that, if there's interest in reviving the old discussion threads, from oldies and new alike perhaps someone could kindly create a thread and we could go off and do that :).
Also, I've been writing this on and off for a while and the discussion has probably massively moved on so sorry if it's weirdly placed in the conversation, but damnit I'm posting this essay!
- I would welcome a The Ass Louis reprise. Lovely essay, RM.
- RM if you check I think one or two of the old threads may still be active. There was a general One Direction thread started which had very few posts on it I believe which could be revived too.
- I watched and as someone elsewhere suggested it seems like Graham actually said "he's game" not "he's gay." It would have been a bit strange for him to say that really. I'm not sure of course, but that is what I hear.
Has anyone read the comment from 'Mary from London' at the bottom of the Daily Mail's latest H story? She claims that N is in a relationship and has seen him with said bf around Camden for the last 6 months. Apparently it's "no secret" and they openly walk around holding hands and kissing. She saw them dining at Automat just a week ago. Just wondered if anyone had heard this? She seems to support the notion H&L are together but her story sounds too detailed to be made up and Camden makes sense.
Someone else claims that N dated a friend of his a few years back and that H is not masculine enough to be his type?
Graham N said "he's game" by the way.
(Sorry, harder to completely leave this thread than I imagined)
- If Nick was openly dating someone and walking around holding hands with them then where is he? He's not at most of Nick's outings with friends and he'd have to be okay with Nick spending so much time with Harry.
And there wouldn't be as many tweets about Nick and Harry because surely these people who work in the media in London would know if Nick was openly dating someone.
And Nick likely dated Nicolo from xfactor who isn't masculine plus most of the rumors suggest he likes them young and twinky.
- LG I agree her original comment sounded quite plausible but then she goes on to reply to someone about Harry being 'in a relationship with the one he played football with earlier' ie Louis... for the past 2 years. So I'd pretty much discount her entirely!
- N16, the Louis comment was a red flag for me too. However, she sounded so normal/convincing apart from that.
I'm not sure what to think.
- The Perez Hilton article about Harry, Nick, James Corden and Caroline flack partying thursday night ends with "Wonder who he went home with… ???" which seems to suggest that there is a choice other than Caroline for Harry. Unless thats just my interpretation.
- Well, Perez did retweet that tweet that said Harry was gay...
- They probably just meant Mckenzie from that one picture of them in the park in Camden with Harry - not from any actual inside or local information. Larry shippers are nothing if not thorough and devoted to finding any scrap to support their idea.
Which we've mentioned Mckenzie is certainly an option it seems more likely there's nothing going on there.
- Also this comment on the Perez article and it did imply that he maybe went home with Nick or James since that's what the who did he go home with comment was after.
"Who he went home with?" According to a lot of people, he has been going home with Nick Grimshaw for like a year now…"
- Harry and Grimmy have now left the party, according to this guy:
- don't suppose they'd go home at 1am? probably off to another club!
- [quote]Harry isn't and has never been in a romantic relationship with either Caroline Flack or Nick Grimshaw. The former was a promotional "relationship" to garner attention for the Xtra Factor. There were articles almost every single day in the press over those two based on very little evidence. Caroline even said a couple months later that 95% of the stuff written about her and Harry was made up, and that they were only friends. And this whole supposed "relationship" between Harry and Grimshaw is also for promotional purposes. Of course they're also friends but all those pap shots and collaborations One Direction and BBC had during the summer was all to bring a younger audience to Grimshaw's BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show.That's why he basically can't go an entire show without somehow mentioning 1D. However Harry has been in a relationship with someone for the last two years but you'll never hear about that in the mainstream press.
There is also this from the Mail comments
- Yay, R149!
- Here is a tweet from about 30 mins ago
- Just seen tweet about them being at Efes in Dalston
- I could get down with the comment at r151, if only because it brings even more mystery to the plot.
- R151 - That's most likely a Larry shipper.
- R151 Not too sure how seriously one should take someone posting from Vancouver! I love the idea of a PR company intentionally implying a gay relationship between Nick and Harry for promotional reasons though. Can you imagine? Pretty sure they are a Larry "fan" from their final comment.
- c - Agreed.
I do have concerns for him though, the temptation for both to promote the other could have a couple of bad outcomes.
1) It draws attention to the relationship (whatever the nature of it is) which will undermine the PR work going on (clearly trying to keep it all on the quiet external to UK at least)
2) The relationship comes to light and the public and fans feel exploited by a) the misleading image and b) the constant mutual promotion.
- LMC was there tonight as well.
- A photo from today:
- That is one ugly shirt!
- They're at Alibi, a really grotty but trendy club - there's a pic but I can't find it now. I'm finding it all really funny! It's the worst club in Dalston... and Efes is a Turkish pool hall! Slumming it with us normals tonight for sure.
Lots of people I follow are tweeting about meeting him, all seem excited haha we haven't been this cool since Keira Knightley used to live in Shoreditch
Oh and Flack was somewhere else at a launch party tonight.
- Thanks, N16!
- TY N16
Harry doesn't do thing by halves, does he? I was originally a 1D fan (lol) but I appreciate his friendship with Grimshaw because there always seems to be something going on.
I get the feeling that Nick is polarising, though. Some people like him and some people seem not to like him at all.
What's your take on that, from being around the area?
Harry's lucky to have connections to designers. The shirt is nice.
- Thanks, N16. That's great actually, haha! They seem to be having a great time!
- Harry talking to Nick and some other guy while getting a lap dance... lols... Do we know who the guy in the green shirt is because I have seen him in every pic I have seen of Harry and Nick?
- My take as a U.S. Datalounge reader is that if 1D weren't owed, heart and soul, by SC and his massive entertainment/public relations complex - the supposed relationship between H&N would possibly eventually explode onto the worldwide news. SC and all are not about to let that happen with the soon to be kicked off lengthy $100 million profit tour. That's why we get PR women stories, etc...
Since I have gay relatives, friends and co-workers I have been reading Datalounge for grins and information off and on for a few years. I did not see it in a search for Grimmy & Harry. The average non-UK pre-teen or young person is not reading the UK papers or tabloids and if the story in England remains muddied then all might be OK until the end of the rein of 1D. Simon and his dollars seem to have that power with co-entertainment people and news staff.
My main interest is in Nick's job(s) (long-term, hopefully) and his life in London.
I still think his career trajectory at BBC and elsewhere would be flattened if it was admitted that his boyfriend is ten years his junior and is part of a boyband (admittedly gigantic). And that it has been going on and hidden for the length of time that we surmise. I agree with [R158].
Therefore, this year's lengthy separations between H&N might help in Simon's team's job of keeping their relationship off the world radar. And I do think they are in a relationship that will have to rely on charged iPhone batteries, skype and texting.
- (I know I'm the only one who cares about this question, but anyway...)
Harry got a personalized yarmulke as a birthday gift from Ben Winston. A joke gift, of course - but one you're more likely to give to someone with a Jewish background than to a gentile, isn't it?
- To be fair he looks more interested in this one .
- Getting a lapdance is always awkward, unless you're one of those strip club regulars.
- I think Harry really likes the Daddies. Am I the only one to notice that Harry seems to be quite fond of Ben Winston? Who's gonna start a Barry thread??? Ha ha...
- R171 Not to mention Cal Aurand and Tom Atkin (who Lou teasdale has joked about Harry trying to steal away from her).
What does everyone think about the stripper thing? Just a joke? Nick and Harry took a picture with her which seems kind of "all in good fun" to me.
- Yeah, I think strippers at parties tend to just be a good time thing
- Love this pic of Nick and Harry!!!
- Lot's of awful tweets from people saying things like:
"harry passed out his unconcious corps is probably being butt fucked right now by nick grimshaw"
- Looking pretty close there, guys.
- People on tumblr are saying that these pictures are from last night and Harry kept trying to go back to the car where Nick and Aimee were in my the guard wouldn't let him, either that or he is very drunk and cannot stand!
- Also loving the daily mail article, there were other celebrities there but they chose to have Nick in the headline!
Caption under one of the pictures "Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw was of course by Harry's side as they marked his latest birthday"
- Theo hutchcraft had a gold sovereign ring on last night which is quite clearly visible when he got hold of drunk Harry. It actually looks different to the gold ring Nick posted pic of himself wearing the other week. Some thought it was his, still could be if he has more than one.
- R168, apparently his father is Jewish and he was raised with both Jewish and Catholic traditions. That's what I remember reading, anyway.
- This picture is adorable!
- It is, R181! Thanks.
- I love this one:
- You can't deny how good they look together! Nick doesn't seem to care that they're out in public and he has his arms wrapped around him! I hope Harry had a good night anyway, even if he was terribly embarrassed about the stripper!
- Yes so many lovely pictures from last night. I still don't believe they're a couple myself but it's really cute regardless.
- The hugging/holding photos are adorable!
- They are a couple it is obvious. They are non stop with each other (when they don't work) and in most important days (Valentine , Christmas, their birthdays etc). Even the papers are starting to view them as such and are making inuendos practically in every article now.
- I don't think so R187. Russell Brand let it slip that H was "taken" and he obviously wasn't referring to N (sadly)
- I agree, R187! It's not 100% certain, but really, it's what I think is the most obvious conclusion from all we have seen.
Nick is also the only person that was at all of Harry's celebrations so far!
- Oh, LG.
- R190, I'd love H&N to be a couple as much as the next person. It's silly to ignore everything that suggests they're not though (as tempting as that may be)
- I think I've got to a point where I no longer doubt they are together. What is this everything?
- The full Russell Brand quote makes it obvious he was joking - he talks about 100 people doing yoga at his house and H being one of them. Those hugging pics are adorable! Plus... Harry isn't acting like that with anyone else despite being hammered and there being a thousand pics floating about. He's just politely smiling or trying to find his feet in all the others.
Those hugging pics have kind of sealed the deal for me, even more so that the only pics to hit the press are the stripper ones! The DM even tried to link H to Sam'a friend Eve calling her 'scantily clad' and implying they left together. News flash she has a boyfriend!
- LG since you are now absolutely certain that HS is with CF much to your utter delight why sre you even discussing H being with Nick. It is just not possible!
- I would love for LG to actually be a massive troll and have been wondering about this for a long time. I think she may be. :)
- The photos really are great, N16. There are lots of great ones from yesterday and it just looks like Nick has been constantly glued to Harry's side (in a good way obviously) over the past two days, which is very sweet.
Did you see this stripper one...hilarious:
- Honestly, I'd really like to be where you all are on this right now (I just don't see it anymore)
N16, are you referring to the top picture or the pics in R184? The latter won't open for me. Anyone able to link the pictures seperately?
- I thought the stripper thing kind of cleared up this Flack nonsense.
Getting a stripper for your "straight appearing" friend in front of his boyfriend who is sitting next to him during it and took a picture with the stripper and Harry = possible and hilarious.
Getting a stripper for your friend who has been dating the same girl for a year and a half and isn't at the party = less likely.
(Of course that said, getting a stripper for your straight and single friend is also funny)
- I don't believe for one moment that H and N are a couple. I think they are fun friends though. To me the pics with Nick's arms round Harry are pics of one mate holding his shitfaced friend up.
- Having read the thread quite regularly, I am quite familiar with the regular posters.
I can only conclude that English is not your first language LG, and that you constantly misunderstand or misinterpret people's quotes and tweets because the subtitles of the English language are escaping you.
The only other less polite options are a serious lack of intelligence and or immaturity.
RB's joke about being 'taken' doesn't even warrant an explanation, if you listen to it, there are no other agendas, just referring back to an earlier comment on yoga and masterfully bringing the topic background to himself and the topic he wanted to talk about without insulting anyone in the room.
- R194, I'm not 'absolutely certain' You're right. If I was, I wouldn't still be here discussing this. I'm 'pretty certain' but I guess I'm still holding out for something to convince me I'm wrong.
R195, I promise you I'm not (although tbh, I've never really understood what a troll is?!) I just change my mind depending on what comes up. I'm also a glass half empty person when it comes to things like this. I suppose I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.
I am with you, no proof of anything other that a friend holding up a friend.
Or a friends being protective, 'he's ours, you can't have him..' to the paps and fans waiting outside...
- I wish I'd never bloody mentioned I didn't think they were a couple now. For what it's worth, I think they are both single.
I just enjoy their cuteness.
- You have a right to your opinion, Pringle. I disagree completely but that doesn't matter. All that matters is not going around in circles of discussion and going back and forth from one extreme opinion to the other all the time, because that gets annoying to read and you didn't do that at all.
- Isis, wow, you're pleasant.
You're also wrong on all accounts.
I'm as English as they come. I'm just not going to interprete all information to fit a particular theory.
- I like your opinion Pringle, all relevant, related opinions based on the recent evidence we have before us is constructive and interesting to read. They help broaden our own thoughts on the matter, just not interested in old new regarding CF.
- LG, but interpret everything to fit your theory is exactly what you do, do. With all your posts it comes back to...'well in that case H&C must be together...'
There will never be any conclusive proof they are not together because they have left that fling long ago and moved on. You really need to do the same.
If it is not low English skills, lack of maturity or intelligence, the last option is screw loose...
- Plot twist: LG is actually Nick Grimshaw and is here to make sure we all run around in circles for the rest of forever.
- R204 Oh I know, I just meant that I hadn't realised my comment would spawn another one of those discussions like you mentioned. I am as sick of it as everyone else.
And thanks isis.
Anyway, Nick will have some good tales to tell on Monday's show. LMC was there last night too. I loved her tweet about her mum seeing her in the paper!
- I liked LMC's tweet about her Mum too, it made me think that Nick has added another girl to his gaggle of straight females he likes to keep him company!
Not entirely sure what I mean?
But it is meant in a positive way.
- Or a desperate and spurned CF hoping to keep the fling alive...
- Isis, I think someone mentioned a while back that LMC was not straight and had talked about an ex-girlfriend in an interview or something.
I love her friendship with Nick and with Harry recently...and that she is calling him Hazza, haha.
- R208 Probably not (would be funny though). However, I believe NG is a regular visitor of this thread. Wouldn't it be hilarious if he and Harry just sat and read through all the posts and laughed at how wrong some people are. Or that might be a bit awkward.
- Also I have to say it's nice to see them being so tactile in these pics. It shows they don't care what people think I suppose. I remember before when they didn't hang out together for a while I was worried all the speculation had made them less inclined to spend time together, but that really doesn't seem to be the case.
- LMC defs gay, she dated my female friend back in the day! I think she has a gf actually. Loved her tweet too, something my mum would also say...
- Calm down Nick... looking a bit creepy there...
- LMC is gay, I'm pretty sure she has a girlfriend now and she had a girlfriend before. On her old blog she was super open about it all the time and criticized the representation of lesbians in television.
- Love the photographs from R184 (am having a bit of a catch-up), so cute (for want of a better word); the photographer has posted the one of Harry coughing on his twitter account (and presumably sold the other)under the title of "Nick Grimshaw hugging Harry Styles" .
(He also gets into a conversation with a "Larry" fan further down his timeline; not a believer.)
MOC - It has been reported that she was a fan rather than a friend who was with them, hence Harry and Miquita's expressions' too.
- Well I learnt something about LMC today!
- Isis, stop being so bloody rude.
I work for a very large magazine publishing house in the London. My colleagues have written a number of articles suggesting H&C never split. Having worked with these people for years, their views are obviously going to impact mine. This is the reason I cannot drop the idea CF is still around.
Also, I recently spoke with a colleague regarding the H&N rumours. Not only had they heard nothing about this (& they would be in a position to hear) but they also implied that there was gossip regarding H & 'a female' They might be wrong, but I'd be foolish to ignore this.
- MOC, I interpreted that as, 'who the hell is this..' look being given to the woman hanging off Harry's arm and a protective N making sure H wasn't pulled off into the crowd ect.
- LMC's blog (which I've somehow lost the link to- weird) has a LESBIANS! tag where she complains about the representation of lesbians in popular culture. "WE'RE NOT ALL LIKE THAT" is a common frustration.
- N16 - Are you sure that blonde girl has a boyfriend? She seemed to be following Harry around the whole evening.
- This is the article where LMC talks about an ex-girlfriend
- LG please link the articles you refer to, then I will be happy to consider the idea that you have something to contribute here.
At present I can't help but to think you are making all of this up...
- R223 absolutely sure, his name is Jim and he's a music journo. Not going to post his full name/twitter as he's not a celeb or anything, but he's close with Tom Atkin so easy to find online so to speak.
Eve is part of the X Factor Style team and a digital branding agent, she's good friends with the twins.
- Guys I was just kidding re: creepy Nick, I'm a big Nick fan... I just thought the photo was funny.
L Girl, I'm sorry but your logic is completely flawed and you contradict yourself constantly. Please explain something to me... and yes, I'm going to bring up Louis here but only to illustrate my point.
Aren't you the one that denounces Larry based on the logic that they are RARELY seen together outside of work?
Yet you can believe that Haroline, who are also RARELY if at all seen together, could possibly be together?
Anyone who actually believes that Caroline & Harry had a genuine relationship is simply crazy. What could they possibly have in common? Sex? Ok, there's 5 minutes of their time together. What else would they do? Talk about? Especially if they never go out in public together? Does Caroline sit and file her nails while she watches Harry play Nintendo? It's ridiculous to think they ever were or are now a couple, end of story. At best, Caroline saw a young man struggling with his new fame and his sexuality and agreed to or took it upon herself to help him out while simultaneously making herself more visible in the public eye. I think they are friends and that is all there is to it.
Harry spends far more time with Nick/gang and also with Louis by default because they are constantly together for work, we have no idea what they all do behind closed doors. And he mentions Ben Winston a lot lately which is just kinda cute.
- The Larry shippers are so mad at management because the stans believe those 2 are getting punished for being so close in Japan..what they didn't realize is bromance/Yaoi is popular in the J-pop and K-pop boyband world...Harry and Louis being cutsey together again was intentional to sell their product.
As was Zayn's hilarious anime style haircut that lasted just the one outing!
- @ R228 Of course the Larry cutesy-ness was mandated by their label to sell their product. It couldn't be that they genuinely care for one another. Nope.
If the Japanese love bromance so much, couldn't they have gotten their fix from Zarry? Niam? Nouis?
Why put the spotlight on Larry if they are supposedly trying to stifle it?
- Well until I read this thread I had bought into H&C as a quick fling, but you are all of the consensus that it was all PR?
I was also of the opinion that H&TS was also a possibility, H enjoying the hunt and then she turned out to be not quite what he thought, fingers burned he returned to the UK and his security blanket of friends. But it was all just PR?
- R229,Hahaha you're right about Zayn's hair..also Harry and Louis have mostly kept their distance towards each other and then all of a sudden they're back as this dynamic duo from 2011 in Japan..I don't how those Larry stans didn't find that suspicious..
- I thought that H&L were more relaxed around each other out in public, in Japan, because a different record company, with different demands and specifications, hadn't requested they sit apart and limit their interactions.
They just seemed natural and like friends to me, nothing else.
- I personally believe both were PR, Isis.
- @ R233 Yes, exactly.
- Nick's at the footy with Ian
- Well we could explain everything as PR and give up now! Even N&H!:-)
- Isis, if I link the pieces, the mag titles will identify the publisher (my employer) I've already been far more open on here than most but I'm not prepared to do that. I mentioned those pieces simply to explain why i, personally, won't discount CF's involvement.
I have championed H&N for months and months. However, for the reasons outlined in my last post, CF's role in all this has always been in the back of my mind. It just so happens that recently, certain things have lead me to question my original views re H&N. I didn't realise that sharing that would result in such hostility.
I'm not dishonest. If I wanted to derail the thread I would simply post something more substantial than opinions, speculation and personal interpretation (I only shared the info on the 'female gossip' because i'm being forced to defend my views)
Please just stop being so bloody unpleasant.
- Haha, in theory we could, Isis...I'm more convinced that Haylor was PR because it went exactly as predicted even before it began. Haroline was before I got interested so I'm more flexible there but still think it was likely PR as well.
Harry and Nick being PR doesn't make a lot of sense...they might just be friends but not PR.
All my opinions of course, but you were asking for them, haha.
- MOC, the difference between Larry and Haroline is that only one of those was 'reported' as being real and confirmed (albeit retrospectively) by both parties.
Ergo, the same rules of logic do not apply.
You may think it crazy to believe Haroline was real. However, I think it equally crazy to disagree with colleagues who have reported the opposite and who are far more informed than us.
- Isis - From what I can tell not many people, particularly those who are not 1D fans, believe Taylor/Harry was real, both here and in general (tabloid article comments were largely negative), I do get the impression however that a lot of people did and still do believe Caroline/Harry had some form of fling. Personally, just going on what I have been told, I have no reason to believe that either, and there have been a fair few tweets in the last year or so which support the theory that either Caroline was paid, or was helping out a friend and a work colleague (she has known Nick well since 2005). I think the complete lack of any form of closeness between Harry and Caroline in the few photographs that were taken (in itself a little strange) makes it looks unbelievable to anyone who looks beyond the headlines.
I do think that Caroline's presence at the Groucho on Thursday was a little bit of hopeful misdirection though, although I am sure they are all friends, unfortunately the press just didn't go with it this time. I would imagine they are all PR'ed out at the moment after Haylor.
- Not sure if this has been mentioned before but Nick seems to be DJ'ing for Sink the Pink's charity night tonight.
- I don't think it's crazy to believe Haroline was real (I go back and forth about it but currently find the fact that it played out in the media almost exactly like Taylor did suspicious) and i get how it being real would make you think Harry and Nick aren't together.
But I see no way for it to still be real. It seems impossible. And your colleagues seem to be the only ones saying it could still be going on. I've heard no gossip and seen no gossip on twitter. They're not going to only be a couple in their own houses - that's a ridiculous and impossible way to have a relationship especially when Harry spends so much of his private time with Nick, the Teasdales, and Ben - so someone surely would have seen them out on their own at least once.
- So does everyone think the whole Larry thing was just them playing up for the fans.
Sorry to bring it up again but it is relevant regarding his interest in men.
- I agree, LG, you seem happy to believe Haroline from facts such as she was at his party and seen in a hoody Harry has. Yet you dismiss H & N who get photo'd or we know they are together everytime H is in the country and also share clothes. Same logic. Except there are so many rumours, tweets from people in the industry about H&N and none about H&C, bar your workplace. I'm not saying H&N are together but realistically he is not with Caroline. They would have been papped at some point. He doesn't always mean to be seen with Nick but we end up finding out. The same would have happened with Caroline.
ps. I do love that Nick was one of the only ones at both party nights for Harry :)
- @ L Girl R240
Are you kidding? Just because Haroline was confirmed by both parties we should believe it was real? By that logic, Haylor was the real deal too. And anyone who can't see that Haylor was PR... well, there is no hope for them. And I guess since Gryles has never been confirmed, they are just friends.
Also, do you really think that Larry's people would have confirmed a relationship??? Really???
- The other day I was hoping the party would be friday not Saturday because of the charity night. Little did I know that the partying would start thursday on nick's return from Ireland. I wonder where Harry is tonight?
- What i find very telling is the fact that out of the several (probably more than that) pictures of Harry and Nick together from last night, the DM didn't publish ONE
- About Larry, Harry and Louis were close 2 years ago and the fangirls don't seem to think people move on. These boys are just fan-servicing rigt now, all their friendship is played in front of cameras. Behind the scene they don't have anything: they are never doing anything together, they are having different friends. Come on, Louis didn't even go to Harry's birthday party, he preffered to go to Andy's instead. This is pretty telling, imo they are not even friends right now, they are pretending for the fans.
- Sounds like a jilted lover Louis does.
- R345, there is more meaning to clothes sharing between two different genders IMO. Given male clothes are not designed to suit females, there is 'more likely' to be an emotional motivation behind said clothes sharing. Also, as with the Larry comparison, the other difference here is the fact that there is a verifable romantic relationship history between H&C.
Re the many tweets and rumours from people in the industry, I agree, they are significant which is why I have supported the idea of H&N for so long. However, I too work in that industry. I work for a massive media organisation. The people who we are talking about have worked with some of my colleagues, know some personally even. They have even visited my office. Consquently, i would expect someone to know something but so far, have heard nothing bar some vague info about a 'girl'
Obviously that (inconjunction with other things) has made me question my original views. I don't think that is unreasonable.
(As for the lack of tweets/sitings re H&C? We found excuses for this when they dried up re H&N. The same excuses would apply here)
- L Girl.. Sometimes I wear shirts and sweatshirts that belong to my brother,my dad and male friends does that mean I am secretly dating all of them?
- L Girl @ R251 you can keep ignoring me but I'm not going away.
You said, " Also, as with the Larry comparison, the other difference here is the fact that there is a verifable romantic relationship history between H&C."
Verified because the papers said so? Exactly who verified that they were in fact in a romantic relationship? Harry never did.
And once again, do you really think that Larry would/could have ever been "verified"?
- MOC, I'm not getting into an argument about 'Larry'
R249 has basically outlined my views on that subject.
- About the H and N pics where they appear close linking arms, hugging etc. Have any been published anywhere?
As for clothes sharing I thought it was mostly people in relationships that do that. Girls at uni to show which bloke they are with etc.
- R252, I wrote the words 'more likely' for a reason.
MOC, H did by way of his 'dumping' tweet. He also referred to his "last relationship" as being "well documented by the media" (and I replied to you in R254 re your other post)
- I believe most people on this thread said that if Nick and Harry weren't spotted together again for awhile (or if the tweets from media people in London dried up) then they would start to believe the pair weren't actually in a relationship.
Obviously they've been spotted together dozens of times since.
There have been five or six known times that Harry has seen Caroline in the past ten months. And if they never dated there's no reason for them not to be friends and for her to go to one part of Harry's birthday. (Nick was at dinner on thursday then at groucho. Then friday at laserquest, dinner, clubs, and the afterparty)
- L Girl, any time you get called out, you conveniently hide behind "I'm not gonna discuss Larry". Some would call that not wanting to face reality, for whatever reason. Others would call it cowardly.
BTW my recent posts really have little to do with Larry and everything to do with trying to show you how contradictory and illogical you are.
Either it is going right over your head, or you are trolling HARD.
- R455 As far as I can tell nope, a few pics of nick by himsel or nick with other friends, maybe the odd pic of them leaving with the other people but the most affectionate ones and the ones where they're really all over each other have not been published and I did raise my eyebrows at this a bit, because really with anyone else you'd think it'd be a great spread of pics, oh look how drunk!
LG, I thought it was pointed out that the tweets about HN didn't dry up though? Several people were still tweeting about them while haylor was going on. I'm no denying that H and C may have had a fling but it's completely different to suggest that's PR than suggesting HN are PR - HC makes sense to cover something up but there's no PR angle to acting like HN are in some kind of relationship and they've clearly been close since way before the breakfast show, that was already discussed. There wasn't much to prove HC spending time together when they were dating, H was going out with N on more than one occasion during that time, and now there's tons to show that H is spending a huge amount of his time with N, staying over at his place, etc. The situations are completely different.
I understand you not wanting to show your colleagues' articles completely, but I can also say that as someone who followed the news coverage of HC avidly when it was happening last year (because I actualluy really liked the idea of them together!) the idea of them only pretending to break-up was definitely not a prevalent one, and these articles are definitely in the minority.
- I think it was young fans projecting and seeing what they wanted to see, R241
- Another stripper pic with Nick laughing his head off.
- MOC, I do get what you are saying in R246 but I have neither the energy nor inclination for a fight.
Yes, I believe in Haroline but not Haylor despite similar press coverage. Why?
Because I guess (if you're forcing me to analyse this) I am also taking into account other indicators: motivation for a fake relationship, Industry gossip, observable behaviour in said relationship, history, personal (albiet sub conscious) bias, and good old fashioned gut feel.
The press coverage might be the same. Some behavioural elements might be similar. However, I've obviously observed sufficient differences to arrive at different conclusions regarding the two 'relationships' And, at the end of the day, these are 'personal' conclusions. I'm not stating 'fact' and I'm well aware I might turn out to be totally wrong. This is not an exact science.
I've never believed in Larry or Haylor (for a multitude of reasons) I have believed in both Haroline and Gryles but my views on these fluctuate. I post on here simply to gage opinion that might help me make up my mind.
Anyway, i'm off out now so will be unable to respond if you reply.
- Loved the Aimee, Finchy and Ian tweets at the football match. It seems Nick may have spent half the weekend completely inebriated. Did someone on here say they thought Aimee may have something going on with Ian or did I dream that which is entirely possible?
- I've just has it on good authority that it's true and N and H are 100% an item. Impeccable source too. I've been around these threads a long time - this is not the source I mentioned before. Believe me or not, I choose to believe!
My source was out at the party last night as well as getting their info from someone who is very close to N.
I really hope they come out into the open while they are still together but if not, well it's a very cute coupling and I'll continue to listen to N and keep up with 1D gossip with a smirk on my face.
Oh, and CD is gay and in a relationship (not sure how casual) with RO also confirmed by a source I trust 100%
- Give us more and quick! N16 I could kiss you!
- Well that's exciting, N16! I love to think they'll eventually be open about it too but I just hope they're happy with however things are. (Also pretty stoked if that's true about CD and RO tbh, I like the two of them and I was definitely suspecting.)
- Wow, N16! Thank you for sharing the information!!!!
- Thanks for the info N16! And I may be acting dull, but who is CD and RO?
- oh wait never mind i just got it..
- N16 I love you!! You are one of the few people that I trust on here!!
- N16 - Good to have further confirmation; I agree they are very cute together. Do hope you will continue posting here though, I like your insights and knowledge of east London, even you don't touch on their relationship again.
Don't get CD or RO though. I can see I am now going to be going through every given name I can think of beginning with C and R until I can work that one out. If anyone can give me a clue without compromising anything it would most welcome.....
- What about Cara's supposed thing with Jake Bugg - bullshit, or possibly something on the side?
- N16, I 'd love to believe you but there is always someone in these type of threads who "has it on good authority" (usually that exact wording as well) that the gossip is true/false.
I thought CD was bi, anyway.
- Who are CD and RO?
Thanks for the info, love Harry and Nick, don't think they will ever come out though.
Still think something went on with Larry, hence the animosity with Louis now.
- Re R271 - Got it! Sorry for being so slow, and bizarrely have just read articles in separate magazines about both of them. Did wonder if they were hiding in plain sight, they're pretty cute too.
- R273 no problem, I certainly don't take it personally! I wouldn't trust an anonymous source on a gossip site either so I understand :)
R265 there's not much more to share! My source is a photographer and their source (who I also know) is one too. They have worked very closely within the 'clique' but may not be associated wit N. Both have shot CD. My friend source has heard strong rumblings about her and AB too but nothing confirmed to them.
Nothing else to add but I'll certainly stay on the boards R271 this is my guilty pleasure! Plus my immediate friends don't really like Nick's presenting style so I have nowhere else to 'fangirl' over him!
- Did your source know/say when they started dating?
- I guess the best question is how does the source know this?
- CD is Cara? Who is RO? ... or AB?
- The source is an ex partner of one of N's best friends. Also lived with him for a short time. My source is a work colleague of the other one, I know both but one is a good friend. No idea how long it's been going on or what the relationship status is, other than that it exists and is current.
Not prepared to say any more as I'm getting into tricky waters as is. I don't want to compromise myself as I may end up working with some of the people we discuss here in the future.
- Thanks for sharing N16. Needed to hear something positive re H&N.
H, RO sings 'R.I.P' and AB sings '212' (if that helps)
- I appreciate all you have been able to share, N16:).
- Ohhh, interesting. I didn't kno RO was gay/bi, wasn't she with a Kardashian recently? Thanks for the Harry/Nick info. I for one chose to believe you, given everything else that fits in with it being true!
- Looks like this will be in tomorrow's Mirror; is it accepted that Nick booked the "exotic dancer"? Given the amusing photograph of her, Harry, Theo, George and Nick, where no one is actually looking at her I got the impression it was more likely that Theo had arranged it from the way Harry is grimacing at him. Nick is too embarrassed to even look, which is funny.
They seem to be continuing the ever familiar "Harry Styles and a pretty blonde" storyline too...
- I think Theo makes sense, C, but I guess Nick is a possibility...poor Harry, haha, he was not looking amused.
- RO is a popstar who is pretty well known in the UK and I think starting to do stuf in the US too. She is friends with N and H and has partied with them in the summer. She was in the promo for the breakfast show.
That should give it away hopefully?
AB is a singer/rapper who's pretty risky, a lot of swearing, openly bisexual but caused drama but saying homophobic stuff on twitter recently.... Very good friends with CD, they tweet a lot
- RO is Rita Ora
AB is Azealia Banks
CD is Cara Delevigne
Datalounge is not the place for subtlety.
- Right? Funny how we speak openly of Nick and Harry theories on here but are too "polite" to say those names.
- It's not politeness, it's to stop it being searchable on Google. It would actually make more sense to do so with 'H' and 'N', if people want to keep their sources (if real yada yada) on the down-low. That's how blind item discussion threads usually work. Bit late now, though!
- R289 Actually that's a really good point; maybe some consideration should go into the Thread heading next time (although given the complications that has oddly caused in the past, maybe not too much).
- Well, if you can think of a title that excludes names, is recognisable to people who like to post regularly and also might entice some new people (never a bad thing), then I would say go for it - it also means you don't get some of the less-helpful Tumblr tweens (although I'm sure some Tumblr users would be both welcome and not obvious; you know the types I mean).
Referring to people by pseudonyms, just initials or standard epithets can also be helpful.
Not suggesting you go totally underground, but it's never a bad thing to err on the side of caution with rumours like this.
- So here's the thing.... I've been inclined to buy into the *something going on* theory since about October 12. The media buzz, some contacts of mine, this thread and some of the odd choice of newspaper phrasing and tabloid coverage combined with the ridiculous amount of time spent together and multitude of key occasions spent in each others company all pointed towards there being something worth hiding.
My theory was that something was there and what came with it was a temptation by all with a vested interest (including the protagonists) to also capitalise on the associated benefits (eg increased radio play, mutually beneficial spread of fanbase and listeners and tabloid curiosity)
However after this weekend I have major confusion.
1) the Sun appear to have been given direct access to H post-stripper and did not (from what I can see) give it front page but others did.
2) the risk of getting that drunk and forgetting about the paps and 1000's of camera phones would be insane. All it would take is the drunk one to make one tiny error and go for a kiss or similar and it would be everywhere in seconds. Given he hardly drinks (according to reports) , is 19 and was clearly wasted they'd be playing with fire.
So then, I got tithe point where I had reasonable doubt.
Then I saw the bizarre Ed Sheeran interview suggesting Harry is foreve staying over at friends rather than staying home. An odd thing to divulge but even odder given the quotes regarding trying to get him to go home.
Relationships are never straight forward, I was close friends with someone I flat shared with for 3 years, we did everything together snd i was deeply in unrequited love for 2 of this years. So it is possible. Sexuality at that age can be confusing (I was a late bloomer) but so can friendships.
So now I don't know what to think, is the Ed Sheeran article a plant? (after all the LA pizza one turned up around the same time as the 30p tip at Pizza Hut)
Whatever the story, unless the rumours are utterly without foundation in any way N is risking a lot.
I don't work in media myself so have little idea about plants, private deals and injunctions but if anyone knows more can you help me, or I might have to follow a different story!
- JJ From all of the pap pics I saw last night when Harry was white girl wasted he was kept completely away from Nick.. those are the pics of Harry bodyguard and Theo trying to get him into the car and he keeps trying to walk away.. you can also see Nick and Aimee in the background..
- The stripper story is on the front page of most of the tabloids.
For his straight, womaniser image it couldn't have been better.
It has definately given me doubts, I have come to the conclusion that things probably are just as they seem, no management cover ups or anything.
He is a straight guy hooking up with different girls and Nick and co are just friends.
Perhaps he wanted cooler friends and ditched Louis and the rest of 1D that's why they are a bit pissed off.
- To be fair, there are plenty of photos of him right by Nick, with Nick touching him, after the party while he's white girl wasted. A few are him being directed somewhere but there are just as many with Nick.
- JJ, I think their friends seem to get involved whenever they get a bit drunk, like these Theo photos suggest or whenever Harry and Nick leave events separately. Then again there are these random reports of them being "caught" making out at parties, so they are not really that careful it seems.
It does seem like quite a risk, but I'm sure they are in the best position to judge their situation.
- It is hard to tell from photos, but i don't think Nick got that drunk, he seems to almost be looking out for Harry.
- All interesting points. Whatever is going on, the PR team is earning their hours.
The additional challenge is that the papers are increasingly driven by clicks not sales and ANY story on 1d (and especially HS) is creating huge web traffic. Can't fathom why The Sun wouldn't lead with it though when everyone else did.
Check out google trends and compare their search history. It's fascinating reading. In recent months it appears N has been searched almost much with "hs" as with "radio 1".
If they are together and it's known I can't imagine any PR firm or management taking the risk of cellphones at the party, unless of course the lovely pair are managing to fool EVERYONE including their inner circle.
So now I'm down to
Not together - just complex relationship and mutual PR and possible 1 way infatuation, either way
Together - but no one at all knows
Together - people close to them know and PR solution is to throw so much press at the UK as is humanly possible that it just confuses everyone.
Together - and management, protagonists, PR consultants and everyone involved are utterly incompetent, behaving totally in a reactionary way and seduced into thinking all the column inches are worth it. They share a PR firm too but not sure they do the crisis stuff.
Stuff this, I've taken up way too much of my time and datalounge space on this. I only started speculating because I read some hot fanfiction and liked the idea of them as a couple. Having re-watched a couple of interviews and listened to some radio clips I'm coming down on the side of nothing much actually going on but a supremely flirty set of best mates who like winding the world up and occasionally think ...but what if..."
But then I am a lesbian who only worked out she liked girls at 28 though so they may well be rampantly in love/lust and I wouldn't know!!!
Can we do a quick show of hands - who thinks what, then I vow, I'll never waste all your time again!
- R298 I err on the good friends side of the debate but while yesterday was 100% certain it was just that I now have a small niggle in my head as to the possibility that maybe something is going on as N16 seems like an honest poster. I'm going to stick with just friends for the moment though.
- Looks like more clothes sharing (centre pic is from yesterday):
- Ugh, tumblr people. It's not the same sweater in the middle pic.
- JJ I don't think i'll ever be 100% set on the idea of a relationship but as of yesterday I'm the most set on the idea I have ever been. Probably from everything that has happened over the past few days, including N16's info as I believe they have no reason to lie. Plus, while yes Nick could be classed as just a GOOD friend I also see Tom and Lou as being incredibly good friends of harry's but they only went to the party celebrations whereas Nick attended both the meal/night out and the party.
- Two things
1) I believe Sam Teasdale was at both
2) Clothes sharing - N always maintained it was Harry's jumper so not really. It could be argued he is just wearing a jumper his mate borrowed once.
- [quote]Oh, and CD is gay and in a relationship (not sure how casual) with RO also confirmed by a source I trust 100%
Which might explain the Sun newspaper's insistence on pushing Cara at anything in pants.
I still find L Girl's Caroline fetish totally OTT and she gives it way too much gravity and importance imo.
Thanks N16 for your info. It would seem obvious to my eyes, just by the amount of contact Nick and Harry have, that they are very possible, moreso than any other combo.
It would also explain (as above) the tabloid insistence at throwing them together as 'best pals' and running stripper stories to the max, etc. They are both repped by Hackford Jones who are probably working in double shifts right now.
I guess they are just lucky half the fucking world is gullible at believing newspaper claims and the much of the rest are too immature to process the obvious. The rest of us end up here, mulling it over.
- I am on the side of a flirty friendship and they are both loving the attention and speculation. If it is a real relationship bonus, if not its just a cute to watch and talk about!
- Thanks, r301, I couldn't tell on my phone screen.
I like the idea of them together romantically but even if it's strictly platonic it's obviously a very close friendship which is lovely to see.
- Mary from London, on the DM, is a Larry shipper. Posted before, mad keen on Larry.
Another thought occured to me regarding an intial plugging of Caroline Flack as Harry's girlfriend if he was really seeing Nick.
His people might have thought that since Harry would come into contact with older 'scene' people through hanging with Nick, and that would draw attention, that hanging with Caroline Flack would kind of alternatively ease people into the idea of him dating an older woman (at the time) and also being seen with this raft of older bods, like Nick and others. Fans would just assume they were all connected to Caroline rather than Nick.
From the first birthday party pictures, tbh, Caroline looks as if she took the girl Sam(?) Teasdale, as her date. Would it surprise anyone if she has been seeing a girl and it's been kept hush hush?
Just saying, if we're going to throw possibilities around...
- Good points  though I think Sam Teasdale is probably not a Groucho member and therefore might need to arrive with someone- also they live near each other.
Also - we should probably remember married radio DJ prior to Flack. When did that come out?
I *heart* Mary. Chek out her posts about V Beckham. Maybe she could become our pin up!
- R307 Sam's definitely straight. Her and Flack are just besties! I do think that Harry and Flack had a legitimate fling, from what I saw on Facebook before (Sam's profile has gone super private now, I think since Lou found there were fake versions of her on there) their mutual friends thought it was sweet, surely they would have been in the know? I don't think this is mutually exclusive with the idea Harry and Nick are together (obviously as I think they are)
LG believes that one can't happen without the other, I think that's why she might be a bit fixed on Caroline.
Next time I see my friend I will try to dig around a bit for a timeline but that won't be for a while as they work abroad mainly.
For the sake of full disclosure, yes I have a bias towards Nick in that I'm a big fan and I like Harry a lot so I'm glad to believe they're together! Feel free to take what I say with a big pinch of salt.
However, I did only google the two of them and then join this thread because I was told they were together by others! I was pleased to see that industry rumours seemed to back that up.
- Sorry to be clearer LG thinks if Harry and Caroline were real then Harry and Nick can't be, which is where we disagree.
- [quote]For his straight, womaniser image it couldn't have been better. It has definately given me doubts, I have come to the conclusion that things probably are just as they seem, no management cover ups or anything.
Each to their own but to me he looked hotly embarrassed but took it in the spirit of fun. It's interesting that we don't see the picture of him with his head in his hand during it, looking as if he wanted to die.
Nick ridicules everyone mercilessly. When the dust settles, I'd hope he does something quiet and personal if Harry is so special to him. But those things we wouldn't expect to see anyway.
[quote]the Sun appear to have been given direct access to H post-stripper and did not (from what I can see) give it front page but others did.
Read on. In one of those articles, this paper also said it had been given 'exclusive' access to One Direction's rehearsals. Tabloids have always had inside access to golden handshakes within entertainment. That's how they get product out to consumer.
As for this Caroline Flack thing that keeps being flogged to death, whatever is going on, I would like some more solid evidence of even routine contact with Caroline Flack than the ghost of yesterday stuff.
For me, Nick and Harry pwn everything else here, on sheer weight of volume, time spent privately and circles they move in - basically what my eyes see. That they have maintained a friendship/relationship over a consistent course of over 12 or more months. I can't go against that to favour something that is not even tangible to anybody in the public domain for the past 12+ months. I am open to consider everything but that one seems more one DL person's default setting. And honestly, when is Harry NOT seen/talked/murmured about 'with a female'. He's surrounded by them nearly 24/7! He can't fail to be linked every day. He's linked to Lou Teasdale every time she changes her hair and the tabs are out of step!
I treat Larry the same. They are ridiculously cute in theory but practically? Larry spends no serious time together unless you count a quick shag every night that doesn't translate into actual 'doing things' together as a couple when they can. Not exactly indicative of building a bond/home/life together imo.
But I concede we don't see everything. Nick and Harry still get this call for me though. And pleasantly so, I like the idea of them together.
- R305, it's not a 'fetish' My colleagues (who are in the know) claim C&H never broke up. I simply choose to believe they might be right. Just as N16 quite rightly believes what her collegues have told her.
If my colleagues are wrong, great. Time will tell.
I view half the theories/ideas on here as utterly ridiculous. However, I don't respond to these posts by launching personal attacks on their authors (Isis) It doesn't say much for those who do.
- LG, by now, with the amount of indirect info you have given away about yourself, not only could I write a book on you I suspect many of your colleagues would be able to work out who you are by now.
I'll say no more than that.
- R313, I just have a different opinion than most on here based on what I have heard. What is so wrong with that?
- Nothing, but where you work might care.
They have to move product I assume, not cater to 'alternative' gossip.
- Great post, R311. I agree with pretty much all your points.
I personally do believe Harry and Nick are together based on what we've seen etc... and I am choosing to believe N16.
I mentioned before that I am flexible on the idea of Haroline. I don't think it was real, but it may have been and like N16 I don't think it affects the likelihood of Harry and Nick being together one way or another.
- LG I agree that you shouldn't be personally attacked for speculating on a subject that no one knows the full truth about. I hope I've always been respectful - I try to be to everyone!
However, I can understand the frustration Isis and others feel about the volume of posts relating to Flack you post, maybe just because it does *seem* baseless to us. I try to only post here when I have something solid to contribute. While I get that you wish to remain unidentifiable, is there nothing more tangible you could post that might give others more cause to believe you? Otherwise, it does get tiresome to hear about Flack on the Breakfast Show/NG threads as most here are not fans of her.
Have to say that compared to other forums I've read, these Nick and Harry threads have been pretty respectful and sensible for the most part!
- In the meantime, the only possible person for Harry to really be with is Louis. He is spending too much time with Nick in public. They are too often photographed together. 'Sources' tell that they can't keep their hands off each other but they are still going out together all the time.
Caroline is past tense. And the same thing happened with Caroline and Taylor. The boys started joking about it in interviews months before it actually happened. Caroline was already mentioned in August 2011 in interviews by Louis. Taylor, on the other hand, was already mentioned in March 2012 by Louis. They were both publicity stunts.
Louis and Harry were attached at the hip, until July 2012. Then, Louis started commenting on gay rumours, Eleanor visited Louis twice in two weeks time in the US, and an article about Harry and DJ Lucy Horobin came out in the newspapers. Before this moment, Eleanor was never with them. She only visited Louis in March 2012, a visit that was very overpublicized.
It's obvious that One Direction's management in America had two plans: Louis and Eleanor would be overpublicized in the media. And Harry would be linked to different girls. They tried Taylor Swift, but Taylor already had a deal with someone else at that point. In the end, the gay rumours about Louis and Harry reached their top. So they really separated the boys this time (something they should have done long before that moment) and made sure they didn't even look at each other in interviews anymore. Since July 2012, Louis and Harry are never spotted together anymore. Just never.
Last week, there were rumours about them being in the cinema, watching Movie 43. A few days later, several articles claimed that Harry saw Movie 43 in a cinema in Glasgow with his best friend from Holmes Chapel. Harry, however, tweeted: 'The new @JuddApatow film is so good. @maudeapatow is absolutely hilarious!!'. Bit suspicious, because the newspapers were very sure about the fact he saw Movie 43, as if someone told them which movie it was. But maybe Harry just didn't remember anymore which movie he went to?
Even when Louis and Harry are in the same room, you'll never find them together anymore. Louis is always with Liam, Harry is always alone. Therefore, it's a bit funny when you see moments they don't know they're being filmed and they suddenly sit together or walk together backstage. If you never see pictures of them, you believe they are never together. Which is good, because it kills rumours.
Harry went to Louis' birthday party with his mum, sister and the boyfriend of his sister. Louis tweeted Harry a 'Happy birthday dude!' and didn't go to his birthday party. Bit weird? I'd say so. Who was with Harry the whole time? Nick. Because Nick is always where Harry is.
Many people never heard of the name Nick Grimshaw before he was the best friend of Harry Styles. Now, everybody who loves Harry knows Nick's name. Grimmy and Eleanor are like the sixth member of One Direction. Always there. Now, I do believe Harry and Nick are very good friends. But, I am not crazy. Everybody with brains can see that One Direction and BBC Radio 1 have an understanding with each other. BBC Radio 1 wants the fans of One Direction as listeners, while One Direction wants to be mentioned on the radio. Harry and Nick being part of the same PR-company makes it only more suspicious. If this was to kill stories about them in the papers, they are doing a very bad job. It's obvious that they want Harry and Nick to be linked with each other. It means more publicity for them both AND a way to kill the rumours about Louis and Harry. Because, obviously, Harry found a new best friend.
Harry and Louis during shows is another thing. During big shows, they barely look at each other. During smaller gigs, they stare at each other the whole time. During interviews, they barely look at each other. But when the interview is over, Louis is suddenly touchy-feely with Harry. You call that fanservice? A weird kind of fanservice, then. And the tattoos? Well, it could all be a coincidence...
- Oh god.....
- R318 Not going to respond to much of your post, for various reasons, BUT Nick Grimshaw was VERY well known to a certain generation of radio listeners and youth TV watchers in the UK long, long before Harry Styles emerged into the public eye. For example, I used to watch him on T4 around 7 years ago, if not before that.
Saying barely anyone had heard of him is ignorant. He's not known in the US - but he doesn't need to be.
Also, neither Nick nor Eleanor are like extra members of 1D. They see their respective friends/partners outside of 1D's work commitments; and in Eleanor's case, she travels to or with Louis so she can see him on his downtime during touring. Which is perfectly normal for a girlfriend of a band member. They have hardly been overexposed, bar a period earlier this year when, indeed, they wanted to clamp down on the fans obsessive fascination with the Larry phenomenon. Now that has died down, they are relatively private, much like Zayn and Perrie.
Nick has a completely separate life away from 1D and doesn't often interact with them; it's Harry (and the other night, Niall!) who leave the 1Dsphere and enter into his.
Your post is very irritating with its inaccuracies. What smaller gigs are 1D doing exactly? When do you see them off-camera doing all these cuddly things post-interview or post-show? Because if you're seeing it, newsflash, it is on camera and therefore they know it is being seen by fans. They're not ignorant to the fact that fans record everything at their shows or signings.
Anyway, I really just wanted to respond to your comments on Nick, because it's incredibly rude, not to mention incorrect, to say that he's used Harry to get the fame he didn't have before. If he wasn't well-known he wouldn't be doing Radio 1's flagship show.
- R320 I completely agree with you! Good post.
R318 I'm a 25 year old woman who has been watching Nick Grimshaw on tv for years and listening to his Radio 1 show since he was on Switch.
I saw the 2010 season of X Factor and yet managed to completely forget about the existence of One Direction until Harry played Call or Delete on Nick's night time show last year.
I had no clue how big they were then, and as they've got bigger I'm still only vaguely aware of them. The vast majority of my friends think as much about them as they might JLS or Britney Spears.
The world is not in love with 1D, just the teens and younger part of it. And before you think I'm being rude or dismissive of the boys, I think they make perfectly good pop music and Kiss You their new song is really catchy and fun! Still not going to accept your comments about Nick though.
- R320, I can even buy Bloem's post that Harry and Louis had a lovely thing when they first met, definitely, young crush/love, then split up/didn't work/moved on? Maybe things are complicated with them?
Only thing is, I think somewhere along the line Harry and Nick hit it off for real, no joke, and that was that.
I can't see how all the time he has invested in Harry both on air and personally/privately can be just glossed over by Larry fans. It's like saying Hary has been made to spend Christmas and birthdays and all his free time at Nick's with a gun to his head.
It's like the worst, most irritating form of denial there is by unruly tweeners.
I can accept any combo, any possibility, if there are facts or consistencies to back it up. So far, Nick and Harry have been the only consistently seen out together on a regular basis of any pairings and so logic tells me it is they, not Larry, that are the more believable pair at present.
I think the press/PR and all concerned are probably in a "safe" zone atm, Nick and Harry are portrayed as 'chums' in the press, even with all the innuendo there are enough strippergrams/mystery blondes hovering to give the papers enough to play with; Larry has died back mostly thanks to an extensive summer PR campaign of USA Eleanor and Whorebag! Harry. Nick himself just makes endless banter on the Breakfast Show and tweets ambiguous pics that keep buzz and interest/speculation going. It's kind of reached a plateau where all is well, ish, for now.
- [quote]all his free time at Nick's...
I'll clarify this for the sake of peace. All of the free time he keeps with Nick (which seems like a good chunk).
Of course, they all have other committments too.
- N16, you and most other posters have been respectful and that's all I ask for. I have no problem with people attacking my views. Personal attacks however are unnecessary and unjustified.
Like you have a bias for N&H, I have a bias against C&H (I thought their relationship totally inappropriate) Consequently, I no doubt overreact and place unwarranted importance on CF on some occasions. I have acknowledged this, apologised for this and tried to keep it in check (despite how it may appear)
However, the other reason I place importance on CF info is as a result of the rumours that C&H never split. As some of these originated from my colleagues, I'm obviously going to take them more seriously than the rest of you.
I don't believe it's 'likely' (although anything is 'possible') that H has been involved with both CF and NG as the rumours are the former was a cover for the latter. Moreover, the H&N rumours started at the same time as the C&H 'fling' I just don't buy erroneous rumours becoming reality later down the line. if I saw proof that C&H was PR. I'd drop the who CF thing instantly.
So it's one or the other for me. I believed it was H&N for months, but recent events have changed my mind. It would be nice to be able to have that opinion without the insults. That's all.
R313, there are plenty of publishers in the uk. I have not revealed enough to identify myself.
- Re: possibility for incriminating drunken photos possibly getting out.
They obviously aren't very careful as there seem to be continuous rumors about them getting spotted places, But Harry has had a chaperon both nights that might be the sober party (Ben the first night and Theo seemed to be the second night). Plus Nick is a seasoned hand at nights out on the town so surely wasn't as drunk as Harry.
- Just reading a tweet between Annie Mac and Nick. I love the thought of Nick having a great friendship with Annie Nightingale. She is a complete radio legend. Amazing that she is still broadcasting on Radio 1 aged 72. Love her. I imagine Nick looks up to her in a big way.
- Annie Nightingale is a radio goddess and the perfect example of aging without getting old, if that makes sense.
- So is the general assumption here that it's not the same sweater? I thought it might be - if you take in account lighting, wash wear that would loosen the bottom, the jacket over top which would reduce the volume of the sweater as well as the fact Harry is probably wearing one of his slim cut shirts under not the bulkier lads FM shirt.
Nick's worn it before and since that day he shared it with Harry so though he might say it's Harry's sweater (and maybe get away with it in the press) it's obviously his.
- Well for those of you actually interested in H/N as a believable entity with a tangible timeline, this is worth noting again. Little rundown of everything we mostly know. I especially like this one:
[quote]30. September 29, 2012 - Spotted at Waitrose together and then the following morning Nick regales his listeners with the tale of a Spinach pie he made for a ~friend~.
Again I struggle to find where Harry has time to fit other secret romances in but hey, that's just me.
If you genuinely worked in the industry you claim to work in, you would not have any need or interest in a inconsequential gossip thread such as this. It would be highly unprofessional for you to be here, and would be endangering your career significantly. In addition your opinion is so far behind current gossip trends they would be concerned about your effectiveness in your role if they did find out.
Your supposed sources have no actual basis, and the articles you so spectacularly failed to link to us, that 'friends in the industry' wrote have never been seen. If they were worth reading or existed, wouldn't one of the many readers of this thread have found them by now? They simply don't exist.
With all this in mind I believe you are in fact a wishful thinking teenager with an exciting fantasy life.
You are here merely to troll and redirect conversation for what ever personal reasons you have.
I choose to ignore your opinion and posts from now on and will warn others engaging you in the future.
- R329 - The whole Spinach pie weekend was terribly sweet, especially the comment from Harry of "can I just take you out to dinner" when they were into the second hour of preparation. They were still debating it's merits going to lunch with other friends the next day.
Attached is another tweet from a fashion PR; hopefully she normally edits a little better...
- I have been lurking around for a few months now. Since I heard on the grapevine that there was something going on between H and N and as I admire both I was curious to find out more. I have followed N’s career for a few years, always admired him and found him incredibly amusing, especially when doing interviews. And I have followed H’s career since seeing him on the x factor. I'm not really interested in the rest of 1D.
I still don’t know how I came to this thread, probably being the inquisitive person I am, but I am glad I found it. It’s become a kind of guilty pleasure for me. I am of the opinion that there is definitely some sort of relationship going on with H and N, before Christmas I thought it may be a casual friends with benefits kind of thing, but now I am more incline to believe that it’s full blown relationship; it seems to me that H is trying to spend as much time with N before he goes off on tour. I really like how they are out and about, and the way their friends seem to lookout for them. Especially H, if the party pictures are anything to go by. I liked the picture when N had both arms around H it looked natural. It’s such a shame that in this day and age they just can’t be open but I do however understand why this can’t be the case. There’s too much at stake in both their careers to take that step. Like someone already said, (Sorry can’t remember who) I just hope they can be open about their relationship one day. One last thing, I have always been of the opinion that the H and L relationship was always one sided.
- Thanks for the link, c, I thought the conversation between her and the girl who replied was interesting too, they're treating it very much like something everyone knows that they're surprised hasn't come out and think will have to come out soon.
- Haha, thanks, C.
It would be great if the person saying it would come out soon was right...I doubt it though but I'd love to be wrong.
- Isis, I've explained why I won't link the articles. As for your other accusations about why you think I am lying about my work, I cannot respond to them without revealing more personal details publicly. I will confirm however,the nature of my role means that there is nothing unprofessional about my participation here.
I have no reason to lie and If there is any way I can prove my credentials less publicly. I'll happily do it. I'm tired of being called a liar. However, if you'd rather believe i'm a fantasist, go right ahead.
This is supposed to be a light hearted forum. Not a hotbed for bullying.
- LG, I think you have to understand your role in the situation you now find youself.
You go on and on for months on end about Nick and Harry, basically champion them, then suddenly, in the exact same manner Links and that other poster, NW13, claimed their work colleagues were suddenly telling them the polar opposite. You don't even respond when people keep saying 'where are the sightings, meetups, etc'? Do share details if you know them.
Again, that would be fine if a single sole had seen these two out, or he'd taken her to dinner or spent a Christmas anywhere near her. Your colleagues suddenly and without warning now appear to be the ones telling YOU something not one other person has blogged, Tweeted or come to this forum to share? Gossip, being what it is, spreads like wildfire.
So yes, I think it's odd. I am also not about to forget how Links was convinced of Haylor, because workmates or whatnot told him so. Sudden about face. Fine, no problem. And his colleagues were reliable, etc, etc, same story with NW13 basically. And it's likely, after recent events, they totally had their chains yanked. And so convinced were they 'Haylor' was real one or both felt it was going on since early 2012. So we are saying that AND Caroline was happening. And the DJ? And Nick?
The whole thing is a mess and I suspect it's meant to be. There's actually more evidence for Lou and Harry than Caroline and Harry at this point and I struggle with that.
Not trying to sway you. If you are happy in your Haroline bubble so be it. Until Harry starts creeping about with her and people spot it (pictures, etc) then fine, but as of yet there's never anything solid to note.
- [quote][R329] - The whole Spinach pie weekend was terribly sweet...
If they are together, they won't see boundaries of age and whatnot, they'll just enjoy their time. It's potentially everyone else looking in commenting and judging that would do that.
On another note, after the recent spate of Grimbola press I don't even read any Daily Mail articles on him/them now because they are so skeevy about Grimmy at times and the reader comments can be just vile, about both Harry and Grimmy individually, and their circle. There's a constant theme over there that Harry doesn't deserve/isn't old enough to have anything nice, like cars (he pays his taxes, fuck you Daily Mail readers!). That's a good proportion of the mentality in the UK sadly.
On their moderated threads they let their readers say personal insults and hurl abuse. They still haven't forgiven Grimmy for saying 'fuck' or whatever on his personal Twitter page. Yet the same paper delights in printing pictures of Harry with a strippers bum and tits in his face (which kids can also find on mummy's laptop computer) and then it complains about morality...
- [quote]Harry with a strippers bum and tits in his face
Not of his own doing though, I should add that disclaimer.
Its not bullying, it is a statement of my opinion at the moment. If you share your opinions here, you have to be prepared for them to be challenged and or back them up with evidence.
You fail to do that.
If you drop in bits of personal information, that you use to bolster your ideas, you have to be prepared for that to be questioned too.
- R332 - I haven't really followed 1D over the last couple of years so asking, do you believe the one sided thing was from H's side?
Yes I believe it was from H's side.
- If there's something tangible to discuss about Caroline (as a friend of Nick's) then fair enough. Same for her and Harry.
It just seems to have been a void/vacuum of non-info about them since they 'split'/split (depending on your view). Of course if someone is sitting on tonnes of delicious info nobody is aware of and for whatever reason is being held back, feel free to share.
You had no problem linking us to names and faces about Nick and Harry. Is Caroline more worthy of hiding?
- LG I hope you don't think this is bullying but why do you still come here to discuss this if you know 100% that he is with Caroline.
From your posts you say that you work in the industry and people know they are together and always have been. Therefore there should be nothing to discuss.
- Nick's been very quiet on twitter since the party...
- He's been posting on Istagram re: Pizza.
- R336, I understand all that. I too was mildly miffed/confused when Links & NW3 changed their views. I understand why people may feel the same about me.
However, from day one, I've always maintained that I think H is seeing EITHER NG or CF. I've swayed between the two. I'm just currently swaying in the CF direction.
I could list multiple reasons for this view but will be criticised so I'll refrain. The pieces about C&H faking a split / still being 'on' are not new. I only mentioned them in response to a poster asking why i had a continuing interest in this angle. I also wanted to point out that as these were written by my colleagues i'm less likely to dismiss them as others might. These articles are out there if you want to search. (Please do not link them though) In terms of recent information from work, it was more of a case of 'no information' re H&N. I would have expected some given the level swirling about on twitter.
However, my issue is not with people critisising my view. I have no problem with that. I post my views to get feedback. It's up to you whether you believe this but I genuinely don't like the idea of H&C and welcome opposing views.
What I don't appreciate is personal attacks on my character. Any info I've revealed about myself has been true and I'd happily prove it if i could do so without incurring personal risk. Accusing someone of being a 'fantasist' and encouraging others to ignore them is out and out bullying.
There are no attacks on your character, we don't know you, how could we attack your character?
We are just responding to your posts. Your posts express an opinion none of us agree with. Even when it is politely explained that it is old news, you return with the same baseless comments, its boring.
Please someone distract me with N&G conversation...
- Perhaps someone could explain how to link a photo to her to me.
- Can we please leave the CF argument alone? It is not relevant to the thread. Please, please, please!!!
- Isis, just put the photo's Url in the Url box below the message box.
- So according to your colleagues H and C never split a year ago. They faked it and are still together.
Guess that's it then regarding the thread.
- L Girl I have always found you to be a fairly reasonable person in terms of views but really, you are giving me nothing to go on about Caroline (certainly nothing new).
[quote]The pieces about C&H faking a split / still being 'on' are not new.
Had all that with Haylor. Sounds familiar with press machine, no more no less, tbh.
[quote]In terms of recent information from work, it was more of a case of 'no information' re H&N. I would have expected some given the level swirling about on twitter.
No Nick and Harry info = Caroline in the picture? Are you expecting to hear info on Harry and Nick every day/week in order to keep Caroline at bay somehow? I don't get that.
I ask again, please can you post sightings, meetings, any facts that reference Harry and Caroline being together, going for a meal, anything that's been seen or heard.
It seems to me your view is no matter what Nick and Harry do it's not enough. Invisible Caroline Flack takes preference.
I can't really discuss this anymore. It's like going round in circles, chasing wisps. If there are physical sightings, great, post 'em, the more the merrier. Until then, each to their own but that line of enquiry is a non-starter for me until they bake a cake or are seen playing footsie at the movies.
- R343, the simple answer is I don't 'know' C&H are together. I just 'think' they might be based on what I have read/seen/heard. There is a world of difference between 'knowing' and 'thinking' the former infers 'fact' the latter 'opinion'
It is my current 'opinion' that there is a good chance CF is still around but I'm here, holding out for info (like N16's gossip from last night) that will change my opinion. I hope that answers your question.
Isis, my problem is you implied/stated that I was thick, incapable of grasping basic english and a fantasist/liar. That is not critisism of my views/opinions. It is a personal, unjustified attack on my character. Being accused of lying was particularly insulting. I will happily prove i have not if I can do so without sharing more personal info on here.
I like gossip. I just want to chat about my views on this particular piece of gossip without being attacked on such a personal level.
- R341 - Thanks
- I'll attempt it Isis, the more I look at Harry's birthday night pics the funnier they get each time. Good example below, I think that might be Miquita fumbling at him and he always pulls that trepidation face.
There's another good one out there where he lookes like a plank being propped up by security. So funny. They're steering him about and his hair is nearly going in a different direction to his body.
- New tweet, the guy has tweeted about them before and he is a showrunner.. he has a convo with girl girl who also works in TV.
- [quote]If there are physical sightings, great, post 'em, the more the merrier.
Obviously, sentiment-wise I mean this like I mean I'd like hot pins putting up my nose. But facts would be facts if that were to be the case.
- Thanks for the link, r356. That was the guy who got a pic of Niall at the rehearsals one week.
- Thanks, R356.
It's interesting that many of those who tweet about them do so in a very certain way.
- What are those symbols the girl tweeted? (I guess they only show up correctly on an iPhone?)
- R360 They are crying faces
- They are emojis (not sure of the spelling, little pictures that you can text, rather cute!
- Haha, R361, not really what I was expecting.
- R351, it is just my opinion that this is possibly true. You are welcome to dismiss it.
R352, there are countless reasons why I think what I do re CF but as my views on this do change and clearly cause discord on the thread, I'll do my best to keep them to myself from now on. I was only ever looking for other's opinions but it's not worth the aggravation. I will restrict my posts to N/H from now on.
But please please know I have never misrepresented myself on here. Think what you want about my views but If there is one thing i am, it's honest.
My organisation is huge. I know people at work who know people 'in the know' but my role means I'm not in the thick of it. That's why i'm here trying to work it out with the rest of you and also why it's not 'unprofessional' for me to be here.
- Instagram pic just now of Nick's friend Gillian with his trainer's kid...maybe mckenzie is dating gells??
- I think Nick is better with kids than he lets on, the amount of pictures I have seen with him and children/babies, adorable!
If you work anywhere near people in the know, it is most certainly unprofessional for you to be here.
You are abusing a position of trust, if you are in a paid position and then posting on a gossip thread.
As I keep saying you are extremely suspicious to me, either complete fantasist, or the least trustworthy publishing house worker around.
- What about all those PR and media workers on twitter we're quoting all the time, who post gossip under their real names, r367?
- Lovely photo of N&G with the trainer child, nick has certainly had a fun packed weekend!
- But they are not on a gossip thread, spreading rumours, most of those are passing on a Chinese whisper.
- Isis, no it isn't. You have no idea what I do and I suspect little knowledge of the publishing industry to hold the views you do. All I have shared on here are opinions on articles my colleagues have published (and therefore already in the public domain) and personal interpretation of one conversation I had with a colleague that resulted in no info at all. At no point have I breached any sort of confidentially. I'm also pretty you have not seen the details of my contract.
You said in your last post you have not attacked my character yet here you yet again calling me a 'complete fantasist' and 'untrustworthy'
You're both a bully and a troublemaker.
- Passing on chinese whispers IS spreading rumours.
Many of those tweets refer to 'definate fact' I have only ever talked in terms of 'opinions' and always stressed that.
Also, twitter is far more public and far reaching than this forum.
- Moving on...
Does anyone think it is more likely that the couch picture of Gimmy, is the other person is Harry? Seeing how close they are in his birthday pictures?
- R373 seeing how tactile they can be with each other, it is more than likely.. but we'll never know will we?
- I think it was Harry in that photo, yes, R373.
- You are right, I have no idea about the publishing industry, couldn't be further from my field. I'm not sure of the relevance of your contract in this issue, my point is more about decorum and professional judgement.
Bully and trouble maker are hardly fitting titles, more questioner and devils advocate.
Your defensiveness over outdated opinions a trivial thread confuse me even more. Surely a professional in the know, wouldn't be bother here?
I like the idea that maybe Gellz is seeing the trainer. So with Ian paired up with Aimee, are we match making all of N's friends?
- I also really like the idea that they are H's legs, but realistically could be anyones! N seems tactile with everyone.
No reason why no though.
- I think that is my point, Twitter is a more open forum than here. Anything Tweeted is in the public eye immediately so nothing is being hidden. People tweeting about N&G are doing so freely and intending for the world to hear them.
We are posting out of the public eye, but in a non-secure thread. It is hardly befitting of a professional working in the business. What would bosses in the business think of their employees gossiping on this thread?
Maybe I am completely wrong, as I said, I know nothing about publishing, I am a fan of Radio 1, NG and now inevitably HS.
- I don't understand why this thread is so stuck on the idea of Harry having to be with SOMEONE. Either it's Nick or it's Caroline or even Louis to some. I believed Haylor and I believed he quickly lost interest. I believe he's not interested in anything serious right now. He could be fucking around with everyone we've named and more. I just don't get why we're convinced a barely 19 year old boy must be in a relationship, and most of all with someone much older than himself.
- and yes I definitely also believe Haylor was largely used for PR, like all of her flings.
- Isis, I have stated, quite clearly, I am not in the thick of it and therefore not sufficiently in the know to have reached a conclusion. If I had, clearly I wouldn't be here.
I have not revealed anything other than a 'lack of gossip' and have not been unprofessional in any regard. You've admitted you know nothing about publishing. I do so stop accusing me of lying about a subject you know nothing about.
And name calling is not 'playing devil's advocate' It's just plain nasty.
I have said I'll drop the CF subject for the sake of thread harmony.
Why don't you have a go at being a decent person and drop the bullying and personal attacks.
- Please let CF go. I beg you. Isis for my enjoyment of the thread I'm asking you as a sensible person not to reply to the Flack posts. Argggghhhhh!!!!
This conversation descended into the childish long ago and I only continue because I am bored, but even this is boring me now.
I am probably only replying as you keep accusing me of bullying and name calling (all wonderful playground phrases suggestive of immaturity)
I would like to point out, I have not directly labelled you anything, merely suggested what your comments and snippets of information indicate to me.
To put it bluntly, I am entitled to my opinion and I don't believe you, I think you are a fraud and I have listed why. Goodnight.
- R382, I've stopped the CF posts. Isis just seem hellbent on insulting me for no discernible reason.
- I wont any more, I think I have ruined my own reading this evening, sorry!
I've decided that tonight I want those to be H's legs! Goodnight!
- then Harry's legs they shall be. :)
- Just to be clear, that 'I won't' was directed 382 not LG.
So tempted to reply to LG, but have decided LG doesn't exist...
Wonderfully childish, but in keeping with my mood...
Off to happily dream N&H dreams.
- Is the passive-agressive bickering over now? Sometimes one wishes this was a normal DL thread where people just call each other cunts.
- not impressed with either party involved here. just live and let live.
- Isis, read R330. You quite clearly labelled me directly.
I've offered to prove I'm not a fraud. I've said I'll refrain from any more CF posts. Yet despite that, you persist with your unpleasantness.
Bullying might be a playground phrase but it fits here. If you don't like the label, stop the behaviour.
Let's just ignore each other from now on. As your only line of argument seems to be 'you're lying' it's all a rather pointless anyway.
- For those who are able to listen to Nick's show, a link to the guests this week.
Tuesday: Nick's Mother!
- Rather harsh.
- @ R393 Yes, harsh, but rather accurate. I wondered how the stripper was going to go over with 1D fans. Obviously not well. I just don't know what Nick was thinking when he arranged that.
And if true, I find it very disappointing that Harry had to pay for his own birthday party. I was under the impression that the party had been thrown FOR him, not BY him. Hopefully the DM got that wrong.
I also see that Harry is on the cover of tabloids, along with the stripper, with titles like "Dirty Harry". I'm so sick of this kid being made into a spectacle, a tabloid joke, it just infuriates me. I feel for him, and I can't imagine what it must be like for his mother Anne.
-  - harsh indeed - but absolutely the DM playing to their audience.
They are vile. For some reason I particularly dislike their attention on their living arrangements. In my head I can hear the duel sneer of "look at these overpaid people with their 750k+ property" and at the same time - "only a studio flat", you aren't doing that well are you!"
My concern is that the coverage will turn (and it will) - journo's are fairly impatient and don't like being yanked around.
And when it does, NG may get thrown under a bus to save the far more lucrative client.
- 383 here. This is what I posted in [R167]. My concern about N's career...
And I agree about the nasty property discussion and totally agree with MOC in [R384] about probable heavy hearts of his family about this media frenzy.
- I meant 393 post - not 383.
It's bedtime for me at 12:08 PM
- Nick got asked what his favorite picture of 1D is. He said he "tries not to think about it" and Finchy said "The framed one up on your wall of you-know-who."
Nick finally answered that his favorite is from when Harry came into the Instagrim booth.
- I find absolutely disgusting the fact that Harry's friends were putting the photos of his party all over the internet. What about privacy? They treat him like a joke.
- Is Instagram really "all over the Internet?"
- Aimee's moved out of Nick's place. When he talked about his weekend, Sara Cox asked if it was safe to have the dog around and he said "he stayed at Aimee's house this weekend."
So Aimee doesn't live with him anymore, but the dog still does... sometimes?
- I don't like any of the people he hangs around with including Nick and Caroline.
They behave like teenagers not thirty year olds and have got fame just on their association with him.
- R402 You do realise Nick Grimshaw was famous long before Harry Styles was on the scene. He doesn't need HS. Harry has done nothing for his career. I would say if anything Harry likes to hang around with the cool crowd.
- Yawn, R402, Nick and Caroline are famous in their own right.
They behave 'like teenagers' because they're young and have the resources to do so.
Also, this is a NICK thread, not a Harry thread.
- OK back on the topic of Nick.
He definately has a face for radio.
- R405 Oh dear! If you want to pass remarks at least spell your comments properly. I think you meant definitely. I beg to differ with you but anyway.
- I agree Nick was famous before.
However anyone can see Caroline has become so well known through her fling with Harry.
She was presenting before but she has really become famous over the last year. Good on her, she might as well use it to her advantage.
- You're right, R405. He definitely has a face made for a highly publicized radio show that's broadcast via webcam with daily pictures uploaded to the internet via their social media accounts.
In other words, he's fucking hot.
- 405 - you can not like nick, his presenting style, his comedy, his humour, his radio show, his professional career (and i know plenty of people who don't, we all have different tastes) but please grow up and don't throw out 'he's ugly' insults. that worked at about age 13 when actually you had no other insults to make, and you resorted to just being cruel. I'm all for an open critique of someones work, but insulting them because of how they look is just nasty and pointless. go away.
- R408 - I am so with you...
R399 - I agree to a certain extent; however I think there is a fair chance of lot of the people who posted them to their twitter accounts weren't totally sober at the time and if Harry had been any other 19 year old what they did would have been completely normal. Maybe the answer would be to restrict the press's use of twitter and instagram in their articles.
They certainly are able to go out without media attention though, a couple of weeks ago (in fact the Sunday evening Harry returned from Japan it turns out) a friend of mine saw Nick with Rita, Cara, Harry and a few other friends out in North London (obviously he didn't tweet about it as he's, you know, an adult) but I haven't seen anything about that anywhere apart from a very blurry instagram on one of their friends accounts, so plenty of people are happy to let them live normal lives.
- Did anyone else hear Matt Fincham's 'Access All Areas'? He said some nice things about Nick, such as how he really doesn't have any ego and the Breakfast Show is a pleasure to work on etc. Was really lovely to hear!
- That's interesting, C. I'm glad some people leave them unmentioned...though I do love hearing about them spending time together, I won't lie:).
R411, that's great, I didn't watch/listen.
- I like how people who actually know and work with Nick only have good things to say about him, even when they're being pranked on Call or Delete and told he's been badmouthing them or that he's 'changed', they always sound really shocked and don't believe it. It speaks well of him :)
- Why are people shocked that Harry paid for the birthday? Where I come from, past a certain age, if you're throwing a party, you pay for the bar and food - or you just let everyone and yourself pay their own way, depending on your finances. I would never expect my friends to pay for it. Especially if I had more than the means to go all out, like he does!
- I agree, R414.
- Apparently Harry and some of his friends continue the birthday party Friday night at Nick's flat. Nick himself confirmed today on his show. So the sweater Harry wore Saturday at reheashals is without doubt Nick's.
- Attractiveness is clearly subjective but as someone else recently pointed out, it's pretty much a prerequisite for a T4 presenter.
- LG - Agreed
 or he had an overnight bag or he leaves clothes there or its someone elses or the car took him home first to shower
Lots of possibilities
Even within relationships of my close friends I don't always know what's going on or whether all is perfect.
For me the joy of this thread is an appreciation of N, some joyful speculation on a much loved out gay Radio DJ and his lovelife and a debate on the medias portrayal of said character.
I hope we can continue that :)
- well said LG!
- I like Nick but I think that his judgement re: the stripper was very poor. I understand it was in fun but you would think he would have considered how it might reflect on the fans (and their parents) of a teen idol.
And I agree re: plastering the photos on the web... some privacy would have been nice.
That whole party just doesn't sit well with me.... Nick and friends drinking and partying on Harry's dime when it was supposed to be a party FOR him and then embarrassing him with the stripper which Nick had to know would lead to degrading tabloid photos and write-ups about Harry. I dunno... I just don't like it.
- N16, haha, I'm pretty sure I nicked that from you! (thought it worth bringing back)
- He looked embarrassed, but I wouldn't call it degrading?! It's standard party fare; it's meant to cause a bit of embarrassment. It's not outright humiliation though. And if he hated it that much, I doubt he would have had his photo taken with her afterwards.
And Harry was hardly wilting away in the corner, they were all clearly looking out for him later in the night and many of them have known him some time. And some were friends of Nick, yes, but Niall was also there and Lou seems to be closer to Harry than she is to Nick. Some of the people there may have been friends through her and Sam.
It's ridiculous to lay the whole blame on Nick's doorstep - much like the DM have done.
He looked like he was having a good time and they didn't let him wander off or do anything stupid. If Nick wasn't there, Theo was.
It's unfortunate that they lifted some of the Instagram photos - I suspect that unlike Nick, they're not used to it happening because they're not in the public eye. Or don't realise quite how in-depth the journos will go to get their story. I'd hardly call it an exercise in humiliation and I think it's pretty rude to do so.
Re Harry paying, I really don't see who else you expected to. And in any case, it sounds like he paid for the food and drink at Rita's and then got some bottles to share elsewhere, but probably let people buy there own drinks as well.
It's his choice what he spends his money on and if he wants to spend it on that, let him. And don't imply that he's somehow been cheated out of cash by a load of lowlives. I'm sure they can all afford their own way plenty.
Sorry to rant, but I find it just as awful as the stripper story being sold out by the papers for people to be saying his birthday was a shitshow. People don't seem to be able to just let him have a good night and that be it.
Agreed! Nick and his friends (who are also clearly Harry's friends too) are familiar with the press and the kind of stuff they write - I imagine Pixie Geldof for example is VERY familiar with it. You could either live your whole life trying not to do anything they will disapprove of, or you can just get on with things and enjoy yourself. Nick didn't hire Harry a prostitute or give him drugs for goodness sake, and Harry gets bad press without Nick's involvement (see those silly hot tub pictures and the 'Dirty Harry' headlines that followed). I like Harry's attitude to the press, he seems to just ignore it, for the most part, and live his life.
- Nick should have sold his entry-level Merc if he had to. You pay for your friend (or even worse, possible boyfriend)'s party. Bad form letting H pick up the tab. What else does he make H buy, condoms? Lube? Double-headed dildos - which can get pricey?
The stripper was employed with a strong dose of irony that the reading public isn't privy to understand.
- R424 Sorry, I don't know where you're from but in my world people are expected to pay for their own birthday party. Friends will put together money for a great party or something extra (cake, strippers ;). Are is this just so in 'the mainland'..?
- R424 (in the 3rd line "present" of course, instead of "party")
- He should have sold his car to pay for a party that Harry could easily afford? I'm sure they talked about it and Harry insisted on paying for it. There's a different set of rules between celebrities and I don't think it's bad form at all for Harry to pick up the tab - he wanted his friends to have a good time and to not have to pay (or to have a much smaller bash just so he could make his friends pay). Plus it just said he covered their bar tab -he didn't necessarily pay for dinner and everything else.
Nick is well off but I don't think his salary covers the bar tab for 60 people.
- Harry wears 50k watches and owns multiple vintage cars, I'm pretty sure he can more than afford to pick up a tab, he's definitely a lot more well off than everyone else there.
- I'm pretty sure everyone has a few thousand to cover a once per year party. If you are saying that Nick does not even have a line of credit to suffice...well then you must be intimate with him.
I wouldn't be surprised to find that Nick paid and the reports are only saying H did to stop difficult questions coming up.
- R429 It's not whether or not he can afford it, it's more that friends don't pay for your parties. Maybe this is a cultural thing, but if anyone asked me to pay for their party I'd be shocked? Nick probably paid for the cake and the stripper and whatever he got Harry as an actual present, but I just cannot understand why he would pay for the tab. My friends all pay for their own - and even if I was better off than them, I wouldn't offer.
The only thing I can assume is that you think Nick organised and threw the party - but there's nothing to suggest he did that, just that he organised the things most friends, or even boyfriends, would.
Harry's financially independent, not some skint teenager earning pittance.
- Harry birthday pparty was good fun from what I saw but it was ott publicised. Everithing happening there was out in matter of minutes. It was like a very poor live streaming. What I didn't like was Nick hiring the stripper for his boyfriend embarassement. Yes, it was good fun but not so public, especially when Harry tried so hard in the last months (with the help of his bandmates) to evade the womanizing reputation. Why Nick permitted the stripper story to be so publicised I cannot understand.
- R429 - I'm sure he could cover it had he needed to but if I was Harry and I was much more well off then I would insist on paying.
- Does anyone think that it may have been a surprise party for Harry? On Friday Aimee tweeted that her and Nick were going to laserquest however on the show this morning nick had a caller on who said he worked at laserquest and nick replied with "I want to go I've never been" why would he say this if he'd been on Friday. Maybe they told Harry they were taking him to laserquest but surprised him with the party.
- Not sure why this is a thing since we have no idea who actually paid (tabloids are not reliable sources). Not to mention there was also Thursday's dinner and visit to Groucho's (which Nick, rather than Harry, is a member of, so he was plainly there as Nick's guest). I am quite sure many of the party-goers had the means to pay, but really it is a private matter for them to decide.
As to the stripper (who ironically didn't properly strip) given that Harry is being marketed as straight it's probably better that this was the focus. After all the alternative headlines of Harry choosing to celebrate his birthday all night for two nights in a row with Nick might be a little difficult to explain.
- R433 - Yes, I thought that this morning when I heard Nick say that. The fact also that LMC appears to be the only member of the Breakfast team there as well would indicate that Nick might have organised the evening using her knowledge of the area.
- Im not sure how many on here are Brits so forgive me if you all already know this but throwing a party for your birthday and covering the tab is pretty standard in London. Long in the past I threw my own 18th and 21st and now throw a bash every year as did and do all my friends.
My biggest surprise was how low the total spend is.
Im a real middle earner, nothing fancy, and I spent 2k on my 30th.
H appears to be very sensible.
The whole party appears to have been a text book London teenager party and I wonder very much if that was the plan.
Meet at a cool bar, book a private space, drinks and snacks with all your mates, then those with the stomach for it move on to a bar and club crawl.
Maybe what he really wanted, and N helped provide was a normal standard 19 year olds night out.
- I agree, it is fairly standard to throw your own birthday party as an adult. Not sure what all the horror about picking up the tab is about, if I was in his earning bracket, I would have done the same!
- picking up the tab to harry is like losing coppers, it's fine!!
- R412 - Very belated reply as I have worked out how to post this. Taken the same evening, but not where my friend saw them (unless he had forgotten where he was!). Seriously wouldn't have been able to identify anyone for sure without having been told!
- We're not going to talk about the fact that there were only older people on his birthday party, except for Niall?
Why doesn't he have friends his own age in London? Why does he prefer to hang out with people who are so much older than him? You can argue that this is really cool for such a young lad, but it's not. In general, it's just weird if you only hang out with people older than 25. And I am 19. I actually think it's a bit sad. I think it would be good for him to hang out with other teenagers, instead of hanging out with Nick Grimshaw, Lou Teasdale and Ben Winston all the time. They are lovely people, obviously. But I just wonder what his problem is with people of his own age. Especially since Louis and him are never hanging out anymore. I've the feeling that the more he is hanging out with Grimshaw, the more he is distancing himself from a normal teenage life. Am I the only one?
- R439 - Harry was with Ben Winston in Golders Green that night wasn't he? And I don't see him in that instagram shot. Did your friend see them earlier?
R440 - He's not exactly a teenager any more (and hasn't had a normal life since he was 15). Who do you want him to be friends with? He's only got so many options his own age in the industry and there's always the chance people outside of it will just use him. (Most of the 1D boys have friends from back home but maybe Harry didn't have any that were that close) Some people like hanging out with older friends - he's had to grow up fast and probably has more in common with them. I always have been the youngest in most groups I've been friends with and I prefer it that way.
- I was amusing he is hanging out with 20's something people because there are not many teenagers living the kind of life he has.
Most teenagers are still dependant on parents to a certain degree, he had to be independent when he moved away to London.
20 somethings tend to have seen a bit more and lived a bit more of life, he probably has more in common with them than friends from home.
My alternative theory, is one about coming out which will make me sound a little tin hat. Nick pretty much created a new self image and circle of friends when he came to London, Harry could be doing the same...
More more articulately put than my self, I agree.
- It should say assuming!
- R441 - As far as I can tell he is the other side of Rita to Nick. Don't know timewise, my friend was in Kilburn, so maybe earlier? Just had a quick look at Harry's tweets from then, I think he and Ben Winston had flown back from Japan that day but can't see anything which indicates they were together that evening.
R440 - Well Cara is 20, and Rita Ora and Pixie Geldof are both 22 so at least part of their group of friends are near to Harry's age. Given how unusual his life is I don't think there is anything strange in it though.
- This T4 interview Nick did with Mcfly back in 2010, I haven't seen before and in it he asks dougie and harry if they are going out because they were flirting and playfighting and it reminded me of N/H playfighting on the last night show! And he goes on to say he's read blogs about dougie and harry that they are going out (i think this is code for fan fiction) so Nick reads A LOT more than we think, plus on the radio this morning he said that he checks tumblr 30-40 times in a day (god help him)
Plus, I can't deny that he looks so good in the video.
- I don't think age really matters to any of them, if you look at the rest of nicks friends, he's 28 but then you have pixie who is 22, Aimee around 30, Annie Mac is in her 30s, Sadie frost in her late 40s and his newest friend Annie nightingale in her 70s, I don't think harrys age is an issue to him as there are similar age gaps between him and the rest of his friends
- Also the time he went to an old school friend's uni, the pizza with his friend Ellis, going to the pub with his old bandmates ... And I'm sure he doesn't just hang around with just his mum whenever he's back in HC.
- Yeah he went out with a bunch of old friends and other teens on Christmas Eve in HC, he clearly has no issue partying or getting on with people his age? I think he's just sort of joined up with Nick's group, which is mixed ages like people were pointing out, and he clearly thinks they're cool and wanted to be part of that circle (or also it came about because he started dating N and therefore got to know his friends?) The difference is that N already had an established group of friends in London whereas Harry left his friends in HC and only really had the 1D boys and other new people he met in London, like Ed, or people who were close to the boys and families like Lou and Tom. Nick could have gotten to know the 1D boys better after getting together with Harry and he probably did but Harry's not likely to want to hang out 24/7 with them on breaks and he doesn't have an established friend group in London otherwise, so it's natural that he would be absorbed into Nick's group?
- R445- I believe Harry took pictures with fans and a fan said Ben was there. I remember because they were at a kosher restaurant and I found that interesting due to the speculation about Harry's religious background. The person in the picture I think you're talking about looks like they're wearing eye makeup.
- R450 yeah harry was definitely out with Ben that night. I also remember seeing pictures of nick and rita and cara that night from the club that were released and there was no sign of harry
- R450 - To be honest without knowing it was Nick (the photo is tagged) I wouldn't have recognised him either as it's almost blurred into two images. Really don't know the times involved so have no idea if it was pre or post dinner. Jake seemed pretty certain that Harry was with them; but he may well not be the person in the instagram.
- Long time lurker, way back from the original Harry/Grimmy threads, thought I might join in, though don't really have much to add beyond a lot of what's been said already :)
Basically here as a fan of Nick, I think he's fabulous and can do no wrong. Not into 1D at all but do quite like Harry as an individual. He's clearly more than his tabloid image and think he could feasibly have a decent career post-1D if he makes the right decisions.
At this point, it would take A LOT to convince me that N&H are not now or have ever been together, especially after what N16 revealed (thanks again for sharing!)I do hope they're together, they seem good to and for each other and whatever they have it clearly means a lot to them.
Re: H spending so much time with older people? He does seem to be older than his years and easily strikes up connections with random people. I watched the other day a thing where Louis and Zayn 'pranked' the other 3 on some Nickelodeon show into believing a woman was giving birth in front of them. Harry was the most taken in by it, and once it was all revealed as a hoax, I don't know, it was glaring how different he is to the others, in terms of maturity levels, imo.
- Just a quick point; agreeing with what most of the others have said - If I had been working since 16 and was worth millions I very much doubt I would spend my time with teenagers and students unless they were friends from home.
When Harry is home he hangs out with people his own age and in when in London he prefers the company of people like himself: earning good money, independent, working in entertainment in some way. I completely understand.
Niall's little Irish gang of mates (Niall Breslin, Laura Whitmore etc.) are all older than him, likewise Zayn's friendship with Leon Star and Alfredo Flores... I could go on. Liam hangs with people nearer to him in age but lets not forget that's because his childhood friends moved to London too. He is also dating Danielle who is in her mid twenties I think.
I have friends as young as 21 and as old as 38 and I don't think I'm usual in that either....
- Yeah, N16, I don't think it's unusual either.
- *Unusual that last sentence should say!
I think the lazer tag thing was a code word as he was writing publicly on Twitter. Also again have to agree with those saying they would pay for their own party - if you invite people you can hardly expect them to pay! I'm sure they all got him a present and a drink or two later on. If I was as well off as Harry I would pay for my friends regularly, don't see it as a big deal at all.
- Nick didn't tweet about laser tag though, aimee did? He only said he was stuck in the car with her and then she tweeted about being stuck in the car with him on the way to lazertag. Maybe it was a code though, yeah? Or nick is just throwing people off on the show or didn't want to talk about it idk?
- Both of them were tweeting Annie Mac so the "locked in" was probably in reference to listening to the start of her show; I wonder if the lazerquest was just a joke to Harry about what they were going to do though as Nick sounded genuine this morning about not having been.
R453 - Hi. I seem to have come to the thread for much the same reason; a love of Nick that also developed into an interest in Harry (not so interested in the rest of 1D although they seem charming when they are interviewed and my 5 (!) year old goddaughter is impressed with me because of my knowledge of "her" group; which is always nice). I do agree with your comments about Harry; he does seem different to the others, but I am only basing that on an interest in the last year, so maybe that's because he was the youngest and has had to grow up the most in what is a rather strange environment. Am pretty sure that he and Nick are still together as well.
- Don't any of you think Grimmy might have a thing going on with Rita? I kind of get that impression.
- R459 Except the fact that he's gay.
- Grimmy's gay, r459.
- Well, the UK "stripper" article was rewritten for US audiences and printed in my neck of the woods - in the LA Times. Complete with quoting him as saying ...focus on rehearsing "not chasing girls."
And as an added note - it mentioned how Taylor Swift was "never, ever getting back together with..." and that it "Looks as if Styles isn't torn up one bit about his recent breakup with pop star Taylor Swift."
SC/Modest/Hackford are doing their jobs in prep for the US leg of the tour.
- Although the source for this article [R482] was listed as the Associated Press (AP), which is a New York City-based WORLDWIDE wire news service. It's basically for American readership but the story is now fair game in many countries.
- Article about clothes swapping. Not sure if they are implying something or not we their 3 reasons to do do.
- So Nick talked about being stood up for a date last night on the show. I didn't get the impression he was talking about Harry either?
- he always has freidns over, so could have been a friend date.
- This is what he said... “I got stood up last night. Luckily I didn’t leave the house, just got a message ‘o can’t come sorry,’….so I went to bed and sulked.”
- He just brought it up again and then laughed and said he got a text from the stand up person, can't really imagine that it was some first date kinda thing if the other person is up listening to him before 9 and texting him right away idk seems more like a developed relationship that nick's just teasing. Also caller suggested they name and shame and nick laughed and said they couldn't do that, lol
- Yeah - I didn't get the impression it was necessarily a date thing. He's prone to exaggeration and last time he sounded like he meant a date it was with one of his girlfriends. And he usually only talks about relationships tat are long over.
If it was about Harry though - One Direction seemed to have to get up early today and Niall was listening so he could have relayed it to Harry.
- R469 yeah that too, it's definitely not like him to just chat casually about his ~dating life~ I would imagine he'd be pretty comfortable with whoever it is
- I don't think he was just joke about getting stood up, he doesn't actually talk about private stuff like that? I could see it more as teasing whoever it was
- I took it as a joke, like, someone (harry) canceled plans with him and he was sort of bummed about it but it wasn't that big of a deal so he just teased them about it over the radio.
- R472 Thought the same, if he was seriously upset about it he wouldn't have said anything.
- A tweet from someone who works in PR and has previously worked for ITVnews...
- R474 The reply is very interesting. Also from someone from ITV News and he claims a friend in Holmes Chapel told him. I've wondered if any Harry's friends from back home would know about Nick since he doesn't seem that close with them.
Didn't someone say awhile ago that one time when Nick visited his parents he stopped in Holmes Chapel for tea with Harry's mum?
- H's friend, Will, from his old band, once gave an interview where Nick was mentioned and Will said he wanted to meet him, so some of Harrys friends from home do know about them.
- In this Weeks heat magazine there's a tiny part on page 25 directly underneath an article about haylor, which says 'which TV star currently in a long term relationship, has been getting very close to a radio show host?' Could it be about Nick?
- that would fit the winner of the great british bake off who was spotted with grim the night he was teased about hooking up with someone. think he is normally based up north but has just started some sort of course in london?
- Thanks, R474.
I agree, R475, it is interesting to hear from someone (indirectly) living in HC. It's a bit different than just hearing London gossip...to me at least.
- I also agree that the whole standing up thing was a joke and most likely about Harry, since he couldn't say he who it was and said that with a smile in his voice, haha.
- R477 - Please tell me Heat aren't still pushing the ongoing "secret" Haylor relationship. They must know it's rubbish. After weeks of all of that I don't think I believe any printed gossip about anyone anymore!
R480 - Yes, it did sound like a joke; I was amused at how quickly Showbot (Ian, I presume today) say "No!" when Nick asked if he should say who it was. (Attached is the link from a tumblr account (I am very grateful for these if anyone here is involved) if anyone wants to hear the second part).
R474 - The reply is interesting; don't think he would have said that publicly, given his job, without his tweet being true (I mean in that he was told that etc).
- I agree, C. It does seem likely that he really was told that.
Yeah, Showbot/Ian's quick no was funny! I too am very grateful to those who put up the clips so quickly as I can't really listen live that often at the moment.
- What I can't understand is why they @ mention them. It seems a bit crass, like shouting gossip about someone at them across a room.
- The haylor article was just saying they secretly met in a VIP area at the NRJ awards, it sounded more like heat were trying to save themselves after they were so adamant last week that they were still together, when they're clearly not
- I wonder who the sources V and N are? Strange he is even saying initials of who told him. Unless that's incase he gets into trouble for tweeting.
- R485 - Well even former pressmen probably don't want to give up their sources...
What I find odd is that he actually hashtag'ed both Nick and Harry, there was no need to, so I wonder if it was some form of comment to them that it is being widely talked about now.
- That is possible, C.
- Anyone think the source may have been Vernon Kay, he knows Nick through the radio and has recently been working for ITV'S Splash, only person I can think of with a V in their name and linked to Nick.
- There was that other guy from Splash who tweeted as well, wasn't there, R488? It could be. Names with a V are not exactly common...
- The other guy from splash who tweeted did have a name starting with N
- R477 I think if Nick is part of that blind then the TV person might be Simon Amstell. They have been out together a couple of times but it seems relatively innocent.
- more likely to be the chef bloke. wasn't there serious twitter flirting a while back? Simon A wouldn't be described as a tv star these days. maybe the grim and harry rumours are out of date or they are just very very casual?
- R492 - John from Great British Bake Off is still with his boyfriend. They're very cute.
- Before we get too carried away, remember there are one hell of a lot of radio show hosts!
- Oh sorry missed the bit that the person is in a long term relationship.
Still if it is John and they hooked up after the awards show it would have been VERY crass for the breakfast show team to tease Nick about it. And I don't think they've seen each other other than that since John was at the show.
- R494 Exactly! Could me male and female. I'd say female and female, but I can't think of any out, lesbian radio hosts.
Doesn't even have to be Radio 1.
- This lady tweeted with a pic showing nick dropped by her store (?) with RJ King today, he's a model who's friends with nick and I think people were speculating before that they'd hooked up but he tweeted that he was straight and I'm not really sure why he'd feel the need to pretend, it's not like he's that famous or has a fan base or anything like that? Anyway I guess he could be the person who was supposed to come over last night maybe, or they're just hanging out today cause he got into London a day or two ago. No clue if its related or not. The twitter linked in the tweet isn't actually his though, it should be rjking3 if anyone is interested
- my god they would be a good looking couple!
- R497 - Possibly, they have known each other for a while but I don't know why Nick wouldn't have just said his name when he was talking this morning, there would be no reason not to; it's hardly a secret friendship.
- Pretty sure they've hooked up, or that's the vibe I get, but I've also been pretty convinced lately that nick and harry have something more serious going on so I'm skeptical to believe that that's what going on again, nick could just be out with a friend catching up while he's in town? They'd be super hot though oh man I agree. He's really cute
- R497/R500 - I meant just as friends too; I don't think there is anyone else but Harry at the moment either.
- C, yeah that's a good point, his behaviour was very much how the subject of harry usually gets treated. And again it was pretty jokey and he was in high spirits despite pretending to be sad about it (which I think a lot of people just accepted and felt bad about?) but I'd say either someone he's in a comfortable relationship with and can tease/joke about, or a friend. Can't imagine him making a joke of a hook-up that didn't happen
- Do we think there's any chance Harry might go to the premiere tonight?
- R503 I think it's probably unlikely, if he did it would look like a date wouldn't it? And i'm sure they don't want that. But they have surprised us before.
- When did RJ King tweet that he is straight?
- [quote]he was in high spirits despite pretending to be sad about it
After he mentions getting the text, he says "Sorry, I'm just kidding", which I think is adressed to the person who sent him the text, meaning "I was just kidding when I said that I was upset". (At least that's how I interpreted it.)
- what premiere?
- Not very long ago, R505. Around the last we discussed him regarding Nick.
- Have the texts between NG and Niall early this morning got anything to do with the stood up comments?
- OT, But a great day for the UK! Finally!
- From photos it looks like Aimee, Pixie, her boyfriend and trainer's son are there at the premiere, so probs trainer too.
- With all these conflicting rumours I'm seriously beginning to doubt anyone is in a 'relationship'. They're probably all just sleeping with each other.
Still, it was a refreshing change to see a different 1D lad owning the 'scandalous' cover line on today's celeb weeklies.
- R511 where are there pics already, sorry?
- R512 ive not heard any conflicting rumors in months other than the ones we make up on this thread whenever Nick spends time with a man.
- photos of Nick and Pixie on Getty. The others happen to be just visible in the background of a couple of photos
- R514. I've seen sufficient on twitter but not getting into a debate on it.
- LG - its unlikely people who have worked for ITN would risk tweeting about it if it isn't true?
- R516 Just link the tweets then. This is why people get frustrated with you sometimes LG because you make comments and then don't back them up.
The debate would then be on the validity of the tweeter not on you. You would just be the one linking to it. But you make everything a personal attack against you.
- I can't link but I was referring to the JRK rumours, the tweet from the guy who claims N is sleeping with both his mate and H (linked here previously) another tweet about N seeing a guy (linked here previously) the comments on a recent DM story (mentioned here the other day) the possible link with the blind mentioned today, the innuendos from N's own show etc etc..
To be honest, my post was simply a throw away comment about my own perception of the situation. Nothing more.
- R515 - I am beginning to wonder if Aimee is indeed dating their trainer McKenzi; he has tweeted her a lot in the last week and the lunch at the weekend seemed to be just him and his son, Aimee, Toddla T and Annie Mac, from the photographs and the tweet hashtags.
- Haven't seen any rumours about RJ except on here, and he has no reason to deny being gay if he is, so that's a moot point imo.
The other rumour you reference was absolutely ages ago. And just implies that he wasn't committed to anyone, as H was mentioned as well.
"They're all sleeping with each other", though a joke, does seem to be peoples' default here. Just because someone else if of your persuasion, it doesn't mean that you MUST sleep with them (e.g. SA and N, who couldn't be less each others' types - going from what we know and what Simon is very honest about - if they tried).
You can access twitter on your phone browser btw, not just as an app.
- grim was there too. saw a pic somewhere of him, gelz and the kid. can't remember where though.
- c one of the posted a picture of Gillian with the trainers son on her knee. We were speculating if she with the trainer instead, at the time.
- R522 there was a picture of those 3 on someone's instagram but I thought that was a meal in a restaurant. The other gathering was a separate occasion I think.
- The trainer and his kid were with Gells and Nick in the evening but earlier in the day was with Aimee and co. Honestly, maybe he's just been sort of absorbed into that whole group, he doesn't necessarily have to be dating any of them.
- Harry is with Nick it is obvious. I am surprised LG ,one of the biggest Gryles supporters for months, changed her views suddenly. I don't understand what is the problem, because Nick and Harry don't even try to hide their relationship at this point. Even the tabloids, don't you see the increased number of innuendos in the press?
- I'm simply saying there is too much info out there muddying the waters for anyone to really know IMO.
My own personal conclusion is something casual is happening or has happened but amid other hookups by both parties. I doubt anything else is practical.
But as I've said, that's just my opinion.
- I might be inclined to believe that when Harry's on tour they have a different arangement (which could account for some of the rumors about other people), especially since the tour coming up is going to be so long, but everything between them when Harry's in London strikes me far more like a full relationship than just something casual.
- I agree with LG, I don't think Harry and Nick are together. But I don't think he is with Caroline either.
They could all be single, you don't have to be in a relationship all the time. They could just be friends.
- Harry just retweeted "Happy gay marriage", gay or not i'm glad he cares about it!!
- Oh that's lovely.
- Aw, me too R530! I was wondering if he or any of the other 1D boys might join in some of the other celebs tweeting about it, really glad Harry is showing support! I have to say, people can think what they want about him, but I have to say that regardless of his sexuality I find it really refreshing and awesome that even though he's more than aware that there's speculation about him, he doesn't care and still shows support and doesn't worry about if it'll make people "more certain" about him, idk if I'm making much sense but I think it's great.
- It makes perfect sense, R532, and I agree!
- What a good day for British politics. I teared up when Gavin Barwell spoke!
A lot of my friends seem to be talking about Grimmy and Harry these days, I think because he was 'slumming' it in East London with us ha. But have now been told by my friend's boyfriend he is convinced about them too. He's an art school graduate and very involved in the gay scene. He says there have been rumours a long time but now it's accepted as official. Just more affirmation as far as I'm concerned!
- I am so glad he's done that. Especially as a lot of the fans are so homophobic.
Look at how they reacted about 'Larry'. They have made some vile comments.
- Awwww, that's great, thanks, N16!
- Larry is trending!
Due to the gay marriage vote.
- They should trend Gryles, is more accurate. These girls will have a big surprise when Harry will oppenly date Nick!
- As a member of the Gryles fandom, I really don't want Gryles to trend on twitter, ever.
Unlike Larry shippers, who post things like the attached screencap, I'm not going to try to pressure a 19 year old to make any public declarations about his sexuality or relationships. (Because being queer can be hard to accept and a person's coming out journey is their own blah blah blah all my queermo feelings)
- Well said, R539!
- N16 - Slumming indeed! I really don't understand all of the fuss about his party; it sounded ideal for a 19 year old; and to me, a lot more fun than a night at the Funky Budda. (But then to me most things are...). Nice to hear further affirmation; from what you have said, and what I have heard I don't get the impression they are being especially secret, just not public.
F539 - !!! As if that is a decision for anyone other than Harry. Am beginning to like him a lot though.
- I like this boy with Nick today - who is he? he's very pretty!
- R542 He's an American model, 20 years old, friends with Nick, they've tweeted each other a few times for a while, and I think I might have seen tweets with some of Nick's other friends too but I'm not positive on that.
- H - RJ King. Nick's tweet attached.
- R538 And even then they'll say "it's only a cover for Larry".
- The 1D fans give you a good laugh at times.
Harry said he liked 'wouldnt it be nice' by the beach boys. So the beach boys youtube has been taken over by fans arguing about Larry.
The best bit is the serious music fans turning up and wondering what the hell is going on, they are all like 'who the hell is Larry'.
- Maybe it will all be the other way round. In the world of celebrities you never know what is really happening and what they want you to believe.
In the end, it's all speculation. You could be wrong, they could be wrong.
It would be really funny if Harry and Nick are in a relationship, Louis and Eleanor are in a relationship, and Harry and Louis are sleeping with each other during their tours. I seriously don't know how 'strong' Harry would be if Louis wanted to sleep with him. It could be a bit more complicated than we think.
- Is the 'I cant change' tattoo a reference to the song Same Love by Macklemore.
Just wondering as I have not seen it mentioned anywhere.
The song is fairly recent though so he could have had the tatoo before.
- "I Can't Change" is an Ed Sheeran lyric.
- H has 'Things I can't..' on one arm and 'Thing I can...' on the other. I always thought is was a reference to the serenity prayer.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
- Grimmy's getting a panel show on BBC 3.
- That's great news to me. His career is not in jeopardy at the moment. If it's true...two series ordered...
It will give him something else exciting to organize and work on when H takes off soon. I hope the morning show does not suffer.
- 1. Nick wore the shared jumper again yesterday.
- 2. Fiona asked Nick about his Valentine's Day plans. He was not forthcoming.
- 3. Another "friend" anecdote.
- 4. I can't count.
- He was talking about going to the movies with his trainer Mckenzi though, earlier that night and now I have this nagging feeling Nick has something going on with him and that the friend anecdote today was about his trainer?
- The trainer would definately be my guess.
- If he was sleeping with his trainer, why wouldn't his trainer have just come home with Nick after the movie? If they've got a thing going on, he would have assumed that he would end up in bed with Nick and planned accordingly (his son and all that).
- R559, no idea but that's 2 nights in the row they've gone to the cinema Isn't it? And that leg on the sofa looks very 'chunky'
Eitherway, there seems to have been a deliberate attempt to hint at N having some sort of partner on the show recently. The trainer seems the most obvious person to me (particularly after a DM commenter suggested 'masculine' is N's type)
- Though I would say it's not out of this realm that it could be the trainer, he doesn't make sense in relation to last night. If he went to see a film with N, but had to leave to see his son, I don't think he could have come back; he couldn't make arrangements that short notice to have him looked after. So the friend who stayed over would be something different.
Did he talk about seeing a film with the trainer yesterday? I heard nearly all of the show today and missed that. Unless it was right at the beginning?
I find it less likely that the trainer is gay, since he has a son, though not impossible. He's not very young. But again, not impossible.
Notably, when talking about how long he'd been training, Nick DID say, "how long have I been with McKenzie" and then stated it had been a year. Obviously he was talking about being with him as a trainer, but I thought it was an interesting turn of phrase. I don't think they've been seeing each other for a year, if they have.
Despite that, I don't see it being more than friends. But more than anyone else, he could be linked to the trainer right now I guess.
- Couldn't have been the trainer as he said he ate with him after the film (comments about the steak etc), and he then said later when the other guest came that he didn't give him anything to eat (as he had already eaten). Couldn't have been RJ King either as he is back in New York.
- R562 - The already eaten bit referred to Nick rather than the guest.
- Definitely agree they're hinting on the show at Nick being involved - and THAT doesn't make sense in relation to Harry.
- This Nick and the trainer story is an attempt to kill the rumours about Nick and Harry imo. Harry doesn't need a gay scandal right now just before the 1D world tour, will be carreer suicide.
- @565 Totally agree. I still think H and N are together.
- A new Harry and Taylor back together story today.
- R564 - Thinking back I'm pretty sure it's been Fiona who has made the comments every time (apart from Nick's stories of course); it will be interesting to see if it continues when Matt Fincham is back as they seem a little over-excitable without him.
- R565, possibly but I don't think the trainer would agree to get involved with a PR stunt given there is a young child involved. One that seems to have a relationship with N? They also looked very cosy in the PRH pictures over N's bd.
Howver, the 'hooking up teasing' after the NTA's would suggest if they are involved, it's casual (or new)
- I think it's really hard to tell what is going on in Nick's private life anyway because a lot of things we take as evidence of some more intimate relationship with someone, turn out to be something Nick regards as totally normal and does with a lot of his friends - eg. sharing clothes, staying over, introducing them to his parents, holidaying together, going out just the two of them, even talking about 'dates' with people. Unless Nick outright tells us on the radio or in an interview, I don't think we'll ever know :/ At the moment I am inclined to think things are what they seem, he has a ton of friends, is single but maybe hooks up casually with people.
(happy to speculate though, obviously)
- Really don't ge any relationship vibes from nick and the trainer, they just seem to spend time together as friends and he's friends from some of nick friends. During the story about going to the movies nick referred to him as his "laddie at friend" and when he was quoting him he kept saying "bruv" like that's how mckenzie addresses him and I just...I don't know it find it REALY unlikely. Like pointed out, there have definitely been more hints to nick being in a relationship lately, so if he's doing that why would he simultaneously be playing up what a laddy friendship he has with the trainer?
I agree, I don't get those vibes at all. I wouldn't be surprised if the jokes this week were about RJ King. Not suggesting they're in a secret relationship or anything, it could just be teasing because they know Nick fancies him or would like it to be more, or maybe they have something casual going on, who knows. It just seemed a bit convenient that he mentions a date, then says the person texted, then he spends the rest of the afternoon out with him. Normally I'd assume that was the person who stood him up, heard him talking about it, text to apologise and arrange something instead. Add to that Chris Stark's tweet about the footie/air hockey comment (also most likely about RJ King).
- Do not gay vibes from the trainer whatsoever, RJ King however I do, even if he did say he was straight? I thought it may have been him in bed with Nick but apparently he's already left the country... Harry was MIA last night so it's plausible it was him. Nick did say 'he' (well in his thick northen accent 'e' came over) sounded like sort of a domestic argument but whoever it was Nick said that they're over it and are fine.
- I feel like the sleepover would have to be with somone he is comfortable with. I don't picture someone asking thwir partner which is a new relationship to come over and then get cranky. It shows me that he has either been in this relationship a long time or it was just a friend.
I don't think anyone would stay the night either if the person who asked them to come over was being cranky unless they are somewhat used to it.
- I could see it being harry also cause it certainly sounds like two people trying to make the most of time they have together, probably busy, if this person is coming over literally just to end up sleeping in bed together and not even having dinner or watching the film or anything
- I agree, R574. I personally think it was Harry, but that's just a feeling really...
- I think it's futile to assume anything said on air is the full, unvarnished truth. It's an entertainment breakfast radio show, not an in-depth interview.
- R573 - Yes, RJ King was at a David Guetta gig in New York last night.
Listening again (thank you for the link R555) there is no way of knowing whether the friend was male or female, (although not his trainer obviously due to the contradicting comments about dinner) just someone he knows very well. Given that Harry has a history of going over late I would say it was likely to be him, but it could have just as easily been Aimee now they are not actually living together.
Harry famously told that newspaper that he was masculine. That's a pretty big hint they threw out.
- R579 She means a commenter on the article said that, not that the article itself used that phrase.
Taking someone on the DM comments section and using it as evidence is probably the stupidest thing yet. It's just as likely to be some homophobic dick in Kent who thinks Nick likes muscle men because he's skinny, as it is to be someone who actually knows who Nick sleeps with.
Could have been anyone last night; he wasn't even gender specific. He has more friends than just Harry and he doesn't name plenty of them.
- The DM claimed that N had dated a friend of his a while back and based on that, H would never be his type. No homophobia evident at all. The poster may be unreliable but no more than any of us on here? (unless you're implying comment's from that particular source might be skewed by inherent prejudices typical of DM readers? That I would undertand)
C, agree. It sounds unlikely it was the trainer assuming N's comment was true? (as I would also agree with R577)
- *DM poster
- Weirdly, Nick fancying Harry is the one thing I've never questioned in all this, even if I don't think they're together or that Nick's secretly pining for love for him or anything. He's made so many comments about finding him attractive/cute, although I accept that's not the same as wanting to sleep with someone.
- Not much to add really just that i find it unlikely something is up with Nick and the trainer,i think Mckenzie just added himself to this group of friends due to his association with Nick just like others like Harry,Ian,Fincham etc have done.He works and has a kid so i doubt he has much time to make friends.
I doubt Nick would be by Harry's side and holding him at his birthday and totally ignoring Mckenzie who was also present,if he was his boyfriend.
I also agree with a previous poster who mentioned a possible "thing" between Aimee and the trainer,but he really doesn't have to be dating anyone from the group.
He was married,a few posters in previous threads mentioned how they saw his wedding photos on facebook before he made it private,so i assume it was a happy marriage and he did love his ex wife,he is also old enough to know his sexuality so unless he had some grand epiphany i would assume he is straight or maybe bi.
- Well Nick is known for liking models,something confirmed by his friends on his last evening show and i definitely think they were being honest about it and well models aren't exactly "masculine"
Also i am pretty sure N16 mentioned knowing a couple of people who have slept with Nick and their looks were very similar to Harry
His big and long term celebrity crush is Zac Efron,also far from masculine.
- Was the trainer also at H's Friday BD celebrations?
- @586 Friday birthday celebrations yes, Thursday birthday celebrations no.
- Agree with R585, I mean who knows about the accuracy of DM commenters but his friends have teased him over hooking up with "young models" and henry tweeted a joke about pretty teenagers so I'm gonna say that's a more accurate indication of his "type"
- Mmmm... It's really looking like he could be with NG to me.
- LG, do you mean the trainer? Because he was at the party? He's clearly friends with Nick's other friends too, and like someone else said do you really think Nick is going to spend the whole evening hanging off Harry if he's there with a date?
- R585 yeah my mate has slept with 2 of Nick's previous conquests (so they say) and he described them to me as 'young looking, wavy hair and brunette' so ...
I did think he might be with the trainer back in the summer after those pics came out but after seeing pictures of him hugging Kate Moss, Pixie and Amy Winehouse similarly I think N is just tactile tbh. I mean I know he's gay but he was also frolicking in the sea with Aimee and Pixie when they were topless and Pixie was jumping into his arms! Don't think I'd be that comfortable around my mates even if they weren't potentially sexually interested!
Plus, wasn't there a picture of him holding hands with someone? (Kate Moss's husband I think??). He is clearly a very tactile guy so it's hard to read too much into that, even when it involves Harry.
- Definitely agree he's very tactile, I mean there's a picture of him kissing Chris Moyles (eugh)
- R592 yes there is and many pics of him doing "kissy faces" with Moyles and Aiden Grimshaw and Noel Fielding,i believe you can find them all on his instagram,also a photo of him kissing Kelly Osbourne full on the mouth.
Re; someone mentioned something about Nick and Simon A,Simon is in a long term relationship with a non famous guy named Arthur i believe,he talks about him during his shows.
- R592 Yeah it was Kate's husband Jamie from The Kills.
As far as Harry goes, you'd think there would be more tactile pics of the two of them, especially as Harry is constantly draped all over his bandmates so they are both touchy feely. I think it's telling that the only intimate looking pics of them are from Harry's birthday where they are both clearly drunk. I think they are both very careful in public, which rings alarm bells to me!
Anyway, I believe they are together so I am not really seriously considering the trainer any more!
- LG - I'm all for other sides to this argument but please please please for the love of god, stop believing or taking on board comments of the daily mail. its the mail. its readers are not known for being the brightest tools in the shed, generally very homophobic (I was actually appalled at the comments underneath the gay marriage stories) nor would i ever believe anyone on their 'knew' the famous people being talked about. Half of the post underneath Harry and Nick stories are young fans of 1D who either don't want Harry to be gay or don't want Harry to be with Nick. The other half like to think they know everything and are important. I'd even take tweets from randomers over the mail comments!
- I meant the trainer. Clearly I have no idea who Harry Styles is friendly with but whilst I've seen him socialising/tweeting the other friends of N's (present at his party) I couldn't say the same for the trainer? It would make more sense to me that he was there as N's partner.
The pics in the PRH struck me as intimate, not because of N's effectionate stance (as I agree, he seems like that with a lot of people) It was more the response of the trainer?
However, that conflict with the overnight guest mentioned (assuming that wasn't the trainer) so I really don't know.
- LG if he was Nick's date then Nick must be a rude boyfriend since Mckenzie wasnt sitting near him and Nick was stuck by Harry's side as we see in all photos,he also didnt leave with the group as we didnt see him in the car.
I think N16 mentioned their mate who confirmed to them H/N was at the party? If i understood that correctly then if Nick and the trainer were a couple he or she would have noticed?
Guests at the party were also Sam Teasdale's friends,the blonde girl with the black dress,Eva i think,and the one with the purple hair and another one in a pink jacket.We've never seen Harry interacting with them online or in reality yet they were at the party so i dont think Mckenzie's presence is meaningful
- I've just had a stalkerish flick through the trainers twitter and he seems to basically be friends with Grimmy's entire friendship group and he clearly has been for a little while. He also looks like he trains a lot of them. i'm guessing they all met through that connection at some point. I don't think him socialising with Nick often is anything new, its like Grimmy said once in an interview - he hangs out with his non famous friends all the time, its just the papers are not interested in talking about that. Mackenzie is a good example of this, he's just a bit more known to radio listeners now because Nick talks about him sometimes and we all analyse Grimmy's ever move in depth!
- R598 - To be fair though, whilst I don't agree with her on this at all, LG does, genuinely as far as I can tell, believe Harry is with Caroline Flack so she is not going to think Nick could possibly be with Harry. However since Nick does appear to be dating someone from his comments (Harry, from what I have heard) then it makes sense that she would chose someone that has spent time with him recently. I am not sure if I personally would have gone with someone straight for Nick's boyfriend myself though.
If anyone here at the moment is a member and could start a new thread it would be very kind and much appreciated.