mostly because i hate the tanlines that longer trunks leave and, if i'm going to hike them up anyway, i might as well wear a speedo.
- And keep a body like this to myself?
- Yes, depending on the location. Much easier at US "gay" beaches or overseas.
- Why not? I'm not a supermodel but I'm 33 and I love the speedo tanline. If people have a problem with my beach attire then they can fuck off.
- About 75% of guys at the gay beaches in the US wear them.
- I-O Classic
- Square cut trunks look so much better on my aging frame.
- Here we go again, just in time, OP!
- Never. I am a dude and value my reputation.
- No, but I'm female.
- r8, like Bond wore in Casino Royale?
- As a prisspot, R10?
- A little looser, R13. Square cuts don't make my thighs look as wide. Plus, they sit a little higher up so I'm not tugging up my suit all the time.
BTW, everyone charges a premium for blue trunks ever since 'Casino Royale' came out.
- I love to wear my very revealing tiny bikini.
- I like guys that wear them, especially if they have a nice bouncy ass.
- After the great Maui snorkeling disaster, no. Now I wear a swim burqua.
I thought, who is going to see me in a speedo on a snorkeling excursion? I don't know any of these people, and my friends have seen me naked at the gym. How was I to know that the excursion company would not only film the event, but from underneath me. Or that they would show on the return trip.
There I am, the majestic manatee lazily paddling about, recorded forever.
- Square-cut Speedos look good. Would you tell these guys that they need to cover up?
- Of course. I work out everyday and have a lot of body confidence. The smaller the better.
- I wear trunks just about like in the link posted by R13. I spent most of my life swimming naked in the Red River in a private area where all the men folk around here would swim naked. But nowadays you would probably be arrested, and women are everywhere.
- Speedo duo
- ewwww...veiny legs @R22's link... we all know what that means.
- Speedo at the beach house
- Ocean swimmer
- No, R23. What exactly does it mean?
- if I had a great body like most of the ones in these pics, then yes.
If I had an okay body, I'd wear shorts.
If I had a horrible body, I'd stay home.
- I like to rum on hte beach so I preref aussiebums. htey hold my junk better. no boumcing around.
- There is somebody on DL that keeps implying that vascularity means steroid use. It doesn't. It means low body fat.
- BTR's Carlos Pena at the beach:
- [quote]There is somebody on DL that keeps implying that vascularity means steroid use.
He makes a perfect companion for the moronic facial wasting troll.
- So nice the resident alien egomaniac had to misspell his way through another post designed simply to highlight his self-referenced genitalia.
- Jayzuz, I was so drunk last night. But I do love R33. He's like a tenacious little bull dog worrying a bone and growling at anyone who would dare to challenge his ownership. Silly me though, for mentioning the reason for preferring ABums in a Speedo thread. How perfectly inappropriate of me and my self-referenced genitalia.
- Agree big time (32)!!
- Kid, if you'd stuck with the Lesbian from Vermont persona I assigned you early on, you wouldn't have to deal with R33.
You should know we're not allowed to discuss our junk. After the snapping turtle incident of 94, R33 cannot tolerate talk of penises.
You should also know we're not allowed to discuss revealing clothing because of that grease fire R33 suffered in 2001, 2004, and 2008.
Finally, you should know we're not allowed to discuss exercise due to syphilitic lesions that make R33's movements so painful.
- I just wear a jockstrap, and sometimes nothing at all...you're all such dweebs in the US
- [quote]I just wear a jockstrap, and sometimes nothing at all...
What country are you in? I wear a Speedo when running on the beach which is just a few blocks away. The nude beach is 40 miles away, so I just go with a speedo tan.
- No. I wear Speedos at the mall.
- Til the end of time
- This is how to wear a speedo
- You who wear speedos in the US do realize people perceive you as perverts and creeps when you do so? Just saying....
- I'm hot for the idea of guys you wouldn't think of as speedo-wearers (nerdy guys, blue collar ones who AREN'T necessarily models, etc.) going for it!
- R42 = Sex-negative priss-pot who thinks her "Young Lions" social group of office drones define American taste
- R42 is ready for the beach. Just saying....
- R42, Missy, go take a long cold shower and get the fuck over your tight little ass!
- R42, I'm a dude, not a "missy"
- "I'm a dude, not a "missy."
You're an insufferable twat, gurlina. Get over your damn insecurities already.
- I was talking to this goodlooking dude who seemed very masculine and mainstream. He somehow let it slip that he wore speedos though he tried to backpedal. I lost all attraction and interest. It was too late. Wearing speedos speaks volumes about the kind of dude he is. He is not masculine and mainstream if he wears speedos. At least not in America. I just couldnt get over it and told him I was not interested. The kind of dude I am attracted to wears trunks to the pool/beach and boxers or boxer briefs as underwear.
- Wow, how very boring and judgmental of you. Congrats
- Who the fuck still says 'dude', anyway?
- [quote]Who the fuck still says 'dude', anyway?
A nelly queen trying to sound butch.
- That's funny R49, I wont date guys how wear boxers because that also peaks volumes about his sexual insecurity and hangups.
- The Golden Rule = Speedos only if you can pull it off. In other words, no pot belly.
- Nothing wrong with wearing a speedo, but just be aware that in America specifically, homophobia has labeled all men who wear speedos as gay.
So if you are in a redneck part of town (which is most of our country) chances are you might get some negative remarks.
This thinking is so phobic, in most other countries straight men wear speedos all the time.
Stick to the gay beaches and you are fine.
- This pic remains the golden speedo standard by which I judge all speedos.
You should have enough ass to FILL up the back, no saggy material! This guy gets extra points for letting his crack peek out the top.
- [quote]In other words, no pot belly.
I happen to find pot bellies attractive and agree with the poster who finds those with less conventional bodies who dare go for it hot. To each his own, even if most conventional society doesn't approve.
For instance, this guy would only be unappealing to me because of his stick legs and not because of the pot belly or age
- Americans don't just think that men who wear speedos are girly gays, they think they are perverted exhibitionists and weirdos who are a threat to public decency and morals. Women especially express disdain for guys that wear speedos. I have heard women blatantly say "ewww" out loud to the rare male wearing a speedo. It's like you are asking for public shaming if you wear speedos in the States. Of course, masculine bisexual and gay guys tend to join in the bashing of speedo-wearers. It seems to be a badge of American masculinity and identity to bash speedo-wearers.
- r51, about 90 percent of guys under 35; 50 percent of women under 35. Oh yeah, and a bunch of old guys say it a lot too! It's a pretty widespread word of usage.
- I wear exactly what I want to wear without giving any thought to whether any woman is going to say "ewww". I don't wear speedos, simply because I don't want to wear speedos. I wear ordinary swimming trunks that fit right, just as I have since childhood. There is no way that I would wear big flouncy board shorts that look like women's culottes. Whether trunks or blue jeans, or anything else that I wear, you can look at my crotch and know that I am an anatomically correct man.
- R49 would turn away from this speedo-wearing guy. It would be interesting to see a picture of r49 at the beach.
- "Women especially express disdain for guys that wear speedos."
You mean women who stuff their silicon injected, double D titties and their fat asses with cellulite ridden legs into a string bikini? And I'm supposed to take fashion advice from them?
- I am creeped out by guys wh wear speedos. They seem very girly and/or exhibitiionist. However, I do sort of admire them for being bold enough to wear something that they know will repulse and outrage so many people. You have to have thick skin to wear something like that.
- Tell us R63, is this guy "very girly" or "exhibitionist"?
Please share with us a photo of the type of clothing you wear to the beach.
- R63, if you are going to let other people dictate your clothing choices, you are not only very thin skinned, but also, dare I say, girly?
- I have worn Speedos in the past, but don't have the body for them anymore. Feel like I'm too old for them. I love the look, though, and if I had the body of the guy in R19's link... oh my! Thank you for that, R19!
- R63, does this guy creep you out just because he wears a Speedo? You have some serious problems, Missy.
- A gaggle of Speedo guys
- Not even college swimmers wear speedos when they are not officially competing. They often make fun of having to wear speedos themselves. They tend to hate having to wear them to participate in the sport.
- Making an adjustment.
- I would venture to guess that a majority of the folks on here that have a problem with speedos, have a problem with themselves in speedos. Cool! We get it. You've got a shit body or a small dick. Thanks for hating.
I just wish so many overweight and old people didn't wear them so much.
- Men who looks good in them should wear them. That is all.
- Does r63 think this looks girly?
- r71, I have a nice fit muscular bod and 8 1/3" penis. While I like going shirtless or wearing a tank top at the beach/pool because I like showing off my upper body, I am not some pervert that goes around showing his genital area off in public environments. Most men are not trying to show off their genitals in public. In fact, having a large penis makes one even more skittish about wearing revealing shorts, pants, or swimwear than the average male, not less concerned. It is creepy to want to show off your genitals in public, not something to aspire for.
- Just had to mention that 1/3 didn't you? lol
- [quote]Not even college swimmers wear speedos when they are not officially competing. They often make fun of having to wear speedos themselves. They tend to hate having to wear them to participate in the sport.
You can clearly see how these guys hate wearing Speedos. Their agony is evident. My heart goes out!!!!
- r75, I believe in being precise, dude.
- Then as long as we're being precise, how exactly is wearing a Speedo showing your genitals?
Do you mean the kind with no front?
- Speedos at the beach
- They're not fashionable anymore. I wore them in the 70s though. Along with Dolphin shorts.
- I'd love to wear Speedos for the tanline but I can't for the same reason you can't pack a watermelon in gum wrapper.
- Please R74, the idea that it is somehow grotesque to wear something where you can see your bulge is like saying a woman is grotesque for wearing something where her cleavage is visible.
Guys have penises. There are some things you wear that especially well endowed men are going to be noticeable in them.
Everyone is free to wear what they feel comfortable in, same goes for women, but your blanket statements are absurd.
- I think that the type of guys who wear speedos in the States tend to be very exhibitionist. They are consciously trying to reveal their bodies in a socially risqué manner.
- [quote]I think that the type of guys who wear speedos in the States tend to be very exhibitionist. They are consciously trying to reveal their bodies in a socially risqué manner.
Exactly! You won't see women doing this. That's why they all wear muumuus when they go swimming. Men should be forced to cover up just like women at the beach.
- I'm glad guy guys wear Speedos more than gay men. I don't wear them but am always turned on by them.
- r84, men don't show off their lower bods. It's all about showing off the strong upper body that makes men distinct from women. For men, we show off biceps, abs, and pecs. That is why so many dudes wear muscle slut shirts, tank tops, and sleeveless shirts. Men want to show off their upper bods as a show of strength and masculinity. There is no such incentive to show off the lower bod in public.
- [quote]Men want to show off their upper bods as a show of strength and masculinity. There is no such incentive to show off the lower bod in public.
Is that why your legs look like toothpicks, R86, you have no incentive to make them look strong and masculine?
- Ocean front hottie
- [quote] I think that the type of guys who wear speedos in the States tend to be very exhibitionist.
True. Unless the guy is competing in a swimming competition, wearing speedos is taken as exhibitionist by the culture at large. It's also generally considered effete and a mark of vanity.
That's not to say they shouldn't be worn, just that like any wardrobe choice they create a certain impression.
- Exhibitionist or someone with no body shame?
- [quote] Exhibitionist or someone with no body shame?
It's taken as a "no body shame, he doesn't have a care about what people think and isn't self conscious about his body at all" thing only if the guy looks like someone who doesn't stress at all about the appearance of his body. You know, like a guy who doesn't worry about working out, eats what he feels like, has ungroomed body hair and doesn't spend time and money on trendy hairstyles. If the guy looks like he spends effort and worry on his body's appearance it's obvious he does care what people think and is self conscious about his body, and the speedo wearing is taken by american society as a vain peacock display rather than an indication of just not giving a fuck.
The first type of guy will draw some groans of "why must he subject us all to that?", but he won't be judged as much.
Within the gay community we understand that being a man seeking to attract other men means allowing for the fact 1) men are very visual and 2) gay men are a whole lot more eager to see evidence of unknown men's genitals than women are and don't usually find it overly aggressive or off putting like women can. It's not a major mystery why speedos are popular on gay beaches.
- r91, you make a major point with 2. Most women think that men who wear clothing that show their genitals are creepy perverts or weird at best. That repulses women, not attracts them. Most men echo women with that sentiment. Some gay men are distinct in our culture in thinking it is ok or even attractive to see the outline of a man's genitals in public. Of course, many or most bisexual and gay men also think it is weird or creepy, but enough openly gay men think it is attractive for it to be perceived as something a certain type of gay man does or wants to see. At the same time, the association with a certain type of gay men reinforces the social stigma against men wearing lower body revealing clothing.
- if football players and rappers wore speedos, it would have a different image in the States. Right now, the type of guys that wear them here are not exactly the type of guys most males want to emulate.
- R86 has been posting his same lame-ass theory for years here.
As R87 correctly points out, he's only covering up his bird like legs and the fact that's he too damn lazy to do squats.
- The fact is that while guys spend a huge amount of time working out their upper bodies in the gym, most of these guys have undeveloped lower legs, even the buffest ones. That is not random behavior but behavior tied to some value placed on men's bodies. They are working out their upper bodies hard for no reason.
- No...just no.
- Speedo buddies
- pool party
- I prefer a speedo style suit, it is much more comfortable than those baggie board shorts.
- OK, let's be blunt.
Fabulous body + big package + terrific obliques = Speedo
Fabulous body + big package + good obliques = square cut
A good square cut suit can hide some lack of definition in the obliques.
Otherwise, you're just going to offend my eyes.
(And, yes...I have body issues and wear caftans to the beach.)
- Is this package big enough, r102?
- speedo group
- Speedos are for overweight elderly Swedish tourists on the beaches of Thailand.
- And if Speedos were suddenly in vogue, the sheeple at R105 would abandon his bloomers in a New York minute.
- I'm pretty sure you have to wear a speedo in France or you will be banned from using pools. They consider speedos more hygienic and safer than long trunks.
- r107, I read an article where that is changing because younger French (and European) men don't wear to speedos, and religious conservatives (Muslims) refuse to wear them on moral grounds. American sensibilities are influencing Europe.
- The pics at R97-100 were all pretty sexy! I really like the camaraderie in the pic at r100.
The post from r108 makes me a little sad. I hope the French wise up and lose the American sensibilities. As for the Muslims they are such hypocrites.
- [quote]American sensibilities
Now, that's an oxymoron!
- It's muslim WOMEN who face hypocrisy -- their men can prance around as exposed as they like while the ladies are forced to remain burqa-ed in 100(F) weather.
- Muslim women are rebelling. This is making the men angry.
- That's what I meant when I spoke about Muslims, r112.
- Muslim men are implored to be modest also, and wearing speedos is not modest.
- R74, I haven't heard anyone use a fraction to describe himself since I was 8.
- [quote]I think that the type of guys who wear speedos in the States tend to be very exhibitionist. They are consciously trying to reveal their bodies in a socially risqué manner.
R83 has been happily clutching her pearls since 1890.
- I think some people can separate nudity or semi-nudity from sex. I guess it all depends on how you were brought up.
- So few guys look good in them that they are usually not a good fashion choice.
- Swimwear time
- X Factor finalist Marcus Collins makes quite the splash as he parades on the beach in a tiny pair of swimming trunks
By Fehintola Betiku
PUBLISHED: 08:38 EST, 4 April 2013 | UPDATED: 10:31 EST, 4 April 2013
After placing second to Little Mix in The X Factor he has enjoyed some chart success. But Marcus Collins is sure to be a hit at the beach as the singer took some time out of his schedule to soak up the sun in Barbados.
Enjoying a day at the beach alongside his former boyfriend David Heath, the 24-year-old left very little to imagination as he made a splash in a pair of red swimming trunks.
- Not speedos per se, but a similar bathing suit, actally smaller. They are more comfortable, and practical for swimming.
I have been wearing versions of speedos all my life- cannot imagine wearing "shorts" in the water and then having them dry out over the next couple hours, although the material in modern bathing suits dry pretty quickly. I'm not completely out of it :)
- I think r123 is Charlie, posting anonymously, as he did in the "Gays and Tennis" thread recently!
- I prefer this length for myself, but I've no problem with great-bodied guys in speedos.
- [quote]"Women especially express disdain for guys that wear speedos."
And, gay men care about this why, exactly?
- Surf's up!
- Phys. Ed.
- Would you turn him down?
- I prefer a sarong.
- No body shame in this group
- From vast experience observing in the USA, the hottest guy on the beach will be in board shorts. Your typical Speedo-wearer has his tiny man-bits protected by his belly.
Not to say that the hottest guy on the beach wouldn't be hotter in a Speedo.
- I would r130. He is not my type. Too stereotypical looking.
- [quote]Too stereotypical looking.
You have to wonder if he's gone his whole life with nobody saying, "Do you realize you're too stereotypical looking?" Maybe he doesn't know it, r135. Where could he go to get help? Does anyone specialize in assisting people to move away from Stereotypical looks?
- this is how you werk them hunties
- A bunch of hot men in speedos
- Speedo square-cut
- hot bod
- red hot
- No, they look really uncomfortable and I like my boys to be swinging free. Besides, the guys that do wear them are often kind of cheesy.
- [quote]Besides, the guys that do wear them are often kind of cheesy.
- kind of cheesy?
- R146. Thats exactly what I mean. Speedo + heavy fake gold chain = cheesy
- more cheese?
- corny and creepy
- have not seen any at the beach all season. board shorts still rule.
- I think that we know that there will be at least a certain group of gay guys in Ptown this Fourth of July week who most definitely will [bold]not[/bold] be wearing board shorts.
- You can't beat good old surf trunks
- perfect trunks, perfect fit
- I agree!
- Havent seen any yet this year.
- I saw three Speedos at the beach on Sunday afternoon.
- where do you live?
- I still haven't seen one dude in speedos this summer.
- I guess you're not going to the right beaches, R160
- what beach do you go to, r161?
- The "gay" beach in Chicago, Hollywood, is always full of speedo clad fellas. Alas, we have to wait six months to see them again.
- The key to wearing speedos is having the great legs needed to make the small coverage look balanced.
I have noticed guys with average to nice upper torsos and nicely shaped legs and calves are the most successful in pulling off a speedo without looking like a big self conscious mary.
- Only if a big, bouncy Latin bubble butt is hugged by the fabric, a speedo is acceptable attire.
- During a trip to Louisville, gay adult film star Jessie Colter visited the recently re-opened Kentucky Kingdom. Jessie, like myself, tends to opt for the shorter side of men's swimwear. Upon arrival at the park, Colter was allegedly informed that his briefs were acceptable for wear at the park.
However during his stay at the park, Jessie was allegedly approached by a LMPD officer asking that he leave the park or face arrest. According to this article, a "LMPD officer allegedly approached Jessie, called him ‘queer’ and threatened him with arrest, for wearing Speedo swimwear. 'He informed me that several Public Safety Officers from the park had warned [me], which is 100% false,' Colter added."
Colter did decide to leave the park, and no official complaints against the park have been filed. Kentucky Kingdom has been contacted for a statement, but at time of publication I have not received a reply. This story will be updated once I do receive word from their team.
Kentucky Kingdom does outline a dress code on their site, which in summation gives them the right to refuse anyone for a suit the do not deem to be fit their standards.
"Guests must wear shirts and shoes at all times while at Kentucky Kingdom, except when inside the Hurricane Bay water park. Proper swimming attire is required at Hurricane Bay. For their own safety, guests may not swim in cut-offs or other clothing with rivets, zippers, or buckles. Kentucky Kingdom is a family-friendly theme park and reserves the right to determine whether a guest’s attire is appropriate."
While there has been no response from Kentucky Kingdom a local twitter user does seem to corroborate Jessie's story.
- Where's Richard Armitage?
- R137 = Old Queen.
- Would Kentucky Kingdom allow this swimsuit in their water park?
- im 57 i have worn speedos all my life, i like them people stare. but im not wearing them for them. im not over weight but luv speedos
- I do, but 99% of DL'ers would scream "Mother make it STOP!" if they saw me.
- I used to when I was 30 lbs lighter. Now it wouldn't be pretty. I like sexy men in speedos, if you got it, flaunt it.