- Once a month I go to McDonald's and pig out. I love the chicken nuggets and the fries, even though they used to be a lot better when they used hydrogenated oil.
- I dunno, all McDonald's food tastes vaguely the same to me. The fries taste like the chicken which tastes like the burger. It doesn't help that most McDonalds where I live have staff that does not speak English. This makes the temptation to go in far less because I know chances are excellent they will screw up my order or give me the price.
- Really...do you also eat shit out of toilets OP?
- I love their breakfast stuff.
Thank god I'm not a morning person... I'm rarely "around" while they're still selling it.
- The only thing I enjoy there are the egg mcmuffins off the breakfast menu. In general I don't get the Mcdonalds obsession, even as far as fastfood crap goes Wendy's is better.
I agree with R2 that their food has this weird sameness of taste. And it taste like a product and not like an actual burger should taste.
- Some of you just think you're all that and just too good to eat at McDonalds.
- If I am going to poison my body I rather do a couple of lines of coke.
- [quote]McChicken burgers
No wonder you like the place: You're stupid.
- [quote] Some of you just think you're all that and just too good to eat at McDonalds.
Oh, piss off. This isn't about snobbery.
I would no sooner eat McDonald's food than I would eat dog feces. It's unhealthy. God only knows where they got their meat/chicken from.
I enjoy a juicy burger once in a while, but I'd much rather go to Five Guys, where they make it from fresh meat and post where they get their meat and potatoes from.
- Wendy's used to be better. I honestly can't stand it now. They ruined their chicken sandwiches (they just don't taste good any more, and they're like half the size they used to be), AND their burgers (changed the pickles, and now they just don't taste like "Wendy's" any more). Also, I prefer the old fries.
I used to eat there all the time. Now I rarely eat there.
- I like and have always liked the fries. That's it. The smell of most McDonald's "food" makes me want to retch.
- I love the egg and sausage mcmuffins. Delicious.
- Not really. There is ALWAYS a better alternative.
- r10, agree on Wendy's, especially about the chicken sandwiches. I thought it was just me who noticed they are smaller and taste different, glad it was not my imagination.
The only decent chicken sandwich out there is Chik-fil-A, but I will never eat there anymore. I think fast food becoming crappier/homophobic is probably the best thing for our bodies anyway, less reason to be tempted.
- What the hell is a McChicken burger?
- [quote]I would no sooner eat McDonald's food than I would eat dog feces. It's unhealthy. God only knows where they got their meat/chicken from.
Once a month isn't unhealthy you moron. It's if you eat it every day it's unhealthy. I eat at McDonalds maybe once a month, or once every other month. I like the food, but I try to not eat it too often. I don't see the big deal. If you don't like McDonalds.. fine. Just don't look down on those who do.
- I'm a pretty well known foodie, and lucky enough not to be so insecure that I can't say what I truly like. I feel that a little bit of McDonald's food is good once in awhile. The fries, as someone already said, are not as good as they used to be...but still good. Wendy's has some decent stuff, and I love the 5 Guys burger, but not the fries. So, my friends, enjoy what tastes good to you and allow the haters to wallow in their pathetic insecurity.
- there are SO many great greasy spoons and places to get something like this in my city, OP. I pity you that McDonald's is your only recourse.
- R16 I do indeed look down on people who do. And putting poison into your body in any amount is not "okay."
You're not getting that I'm not saying this to be a snob, or because I am "better" than anyone, or for any dietary reasons. The food they make is, beyond not being a healthy diet, loaded with chemicals and carcinogens.
A sporadic indulgence? Is wonderful. But treat yourself better than McDonald's.
- I'm not drawn to McDonald's ever...well, maybe in airports and train stations. But that's about it.
If I'm going to eat junk food, it's going to be ice cream or chips and salsa. If I want fast food, pizza trumps burgers every time.
- I also don't mind the coffee. I'm in Canada, and I have to say it's a hell of a lot better than the undrinkable swill they serve at Tim Horton's.
- I take my niece & nephew to the Playland about once a month and they LOVE it. They love the Happy Meals and the toys. So I do eat there once a month and usually get a Big Mac or the Southern Chicken Sandwich.
Like I said, I can see why kids love it and I used to go there as a teen. But it always surprises me how many adults eat there too, to be honest I only eat there because of my nephew & niece. If I had a choice I would rather go someplace else.
- Whatever, R19. Just avoid it if you bothers you that much, but don't you dare say what I can and can't eat. You have no control over others. I'd start with those eating at mcdonalds every day, once in a while doesn't matter at all!
- r17, why no love for 5 Guys Fries? McDonalds fries don't even close, nor do Elevation Burger, Burger King, etc... I don't live on West Coast so maybe you prefer the In and Out variety?
- R22 why inflict that on little kids?
Do you hate them?
Do you want them to learn to love the poison you are encouraging them to ingest?
- R22, Five Guys Fries are my favorite (though the only other fast-food fries I've eaten are McDonald's). However, I only go there when I'm with someone I can split the fries with. Their small portion is too much for me to eat, and I hate having to throw food away.
- You would be so proud of me. As a rapidly-aging, soon-to-be-obese gay, I cut off fast food chains for New Year's.
If I want greasy food, I must cook it myself or visit my local dives.
My go-to food is now Gyros. It's fatty mystery meat wrapped in feta and yogurt with a few tasteless tomatoes thrown in for nutrition.
- R23, you're a sensitive little snowflake.
And I don't care.
- R28, good. I don't care about what you have to say either, so I guess that means we're even.
- [quote]I do indeed look down on people who do. And putting poison into your body in any amount is not "okay."
Oranges contain arsenic. The finest fish filet contains mercury.
You're an idiot. An arrogant, elitist idiot.
- I love In-n-Out burgers, but their fries suck.
I don't care much for 5-guys fries either. Mostly because there are too damn many of them. They need a size about HALF what their small size is.
I think Red Robin has the best fries (especially if you order them 'crispy'). They also have good burgers.
- When I was a kid in the 70s, my parents only let us eat there occasionally. It was considered a treat. By the late 80s, I was astounded by the parents who brought their kids there practically every day for lunch and dinner. "It's all they will eat," is what they would say. Funny but my parents told us where we would eat when we were kids.
Today I avoid it. I don't like their greasy food. About once a year, though, I treat myself to a large order of fries and ask that they only give them to me if freshly made.
- I ate McDonald's food recently, after several years of not doing so.
It tasted much worse than what I remembered.
And it was much more expensive, I thought, than what it was worth.
I have no future plans to ever visit a McDonald's again.
- The stuff is garbage, and the defenders of the trash are just poisoned rats.
- You can eat without teeth, so most dataloungers better get used to it.
- You know what the only meat is in a McRibb?
"Scalded pig stomach"
- R23 - flyover, right?
- Fries are still pretty good.
- It's still shit.
- Of course it's bad for you -- it's junk food.
That said, when (and only when) the fries and fresh and hot, I still love them.
- The best thing they have, for the price, is there coffee. Recently they offered it for free, so I was motivated to try a few of their other offerings. The oatmeal cookies at 3 for $1 were the best choice.
- [quote]The best thing they have, for the price, is there coffee.
- [quote]The oatmeal cookies at 3 for $1 were the best choice
There chocolate chip cookies are amazingly good.
- R42, Yes, I should have proofread my statement and wrote "their coffee." Looks like I need a cup right now.
- If I eat at McDonalds, I will immediately get a stomach ache within an hour. Not worth it. I haven't eaten there in like 3 years, when I only got some french fries with a friend as a joke.
- Know why Midwesterners pursued and developed aviation? To avoid having to deal with @ssholes like R37.
- I have a strange and unexplained liking of the McRib.....
extra onions, no pickles.
- the 2 for $1 breakfast burritos are my favorite breakfast item.
- Wendy's burgers now taste like shit.
I don't know what they did to them, but they now taste like shit.
Also agree that their old fries were way better.
- I like the breakfast burritos, too.
Now and then I get a craving for the double cheeseburger from the dollar menu.
- r25 - I don't think letting them eat fast food once a month is going to "poison" them. They get milk and apples with their meal and they never seem to finish the french fries. They are mostly interested in running around the playland so they are probably burning off most of the calories there.
To be honest the frozen food their mother sometimes makes them is probably just as bad for them.
- r49 - Wendy's chicken sandwiches are crappy now too. It's a shame because 10 years ago their chicken sandwiches were really good.
Can't stand the new redhead in their commercials either
- Totally agree, R52. I gave them a few tries, at a few different stores, over a few months... but ever since they changed them, they suck. I can't put my finger on why, other than they just don't taste good.
They used to have the best chicken sandwiches.
I never really eat at Wendy's any more. It's gone so far downhill since Dave died, I hardly even recognize it as the same place any more.
- I like their fish sandwich and their fries still rank up there as some of the best though not as good since they quit frying them in beef fat.
- No self-respecting gay would be caught dead in a fast food joint, unless they needed cover from the rain or had to squeeze out a turd.
The only people who eat at Macdonald's are the mentally ill, ex-cons,, and poor Mexicans who think it is some sort of status symbol. That's it, period.
No one else eats there unless they have had a brain injury that is undiagnosed, dying of cancer and don't care anymore, or those who have given up on sex.
And for any gay person to walk around with a Macdonald's bag *gasp!* is a shame to the community and should be banished hereafter.
- Well! Ms. Prisspot R has spoken! THREAD CLOSED!
- I *heart* r56!
- Burger King has a better buffalo sauce.
- [quote]No self-respecting gay would be caught dead in a fast food joint, unless they needed cover from the rain or had to squeeze out a turd.
Ugh, how CRUDE!
- Thank you, R56.
I said as much the other day but some pearl clutchers in here weren't having of it.
[quote] No self-respecting gay would be caught dead in a fast food joint, unless they needed cover from the rain or had to squeeze out a turd.
- Or steal napkins
- All those of you who say "eating at McDonald's is beneath me" are going to die one day just like everyone else.
- Back in the day McDonalds straws were great.
- So you don't drink any alcohol then either, R19?
Spending more than a few minutes outside without sunscreen on a daily basis is probably more damaging to the body than eating at McDonald's once or twice a month. Get real.
- The point I keep trying to make - and people keep missing - is that I'm not being some sort of rigid prisspot.
But if I'm going to treat myself to a burger and fries, I don't want to do it at a chain that uses the cheapest materials it possibly can to feed people. McD's has a dollar menu. They are not featuring the finest USDA cuts of anything to make that happen. That shit is two parts meat and eight parts sawdust.
I'm all for treating oneself and enjoying a big ole fucking burger and fries. I just say if you treat yourself, do it with something that is much better made.
Going to McD's to treat oneself is like saying you're going to have a luxurious vacation and treat yourself to a deluxe hotel...and then book yourself into a Motel 6.
- R67? Who says it's "treating" ourselves? It's fast, cheap, and convenient. Sometimes we're in a rush.
- I used to suck the ketchup from those little packets as a kid.
The quarter pounder with cheese is a tasty burger, poison/MSG/LSD/C3PO be damned. Every once in a while won't hurt you.
- Miss R56 sure is in love with her inflated self.
- Black people would starve if McDonald's didn't exist.
Popeye's chicken don't count
- Fuck the cunt at R71.
- [quote]McChicken burgers
- Roses are red
Violets are blue
McDonald's is trash
And so are YOU
- I grew up on McDonald's and am proud to say that I'm a fairly regular customer. In my opinion, their food is just plain good. I like the taste of a lot of their breakfast sandwiches, especially the McGriddles, and think that Big Macs and their cheeseburgers are great. I also love the Hi-C orange drink, which you can only get there.
Obviously, everyone has different tastes and has their own opinion. I'm not saying McDonald's has the best food in the entire world but it's good enough for me.
- Roses are red
Violets are blue
McDonald's tastes good
So fuck you bitch
- I grew up just before MickeyDee's started working their propaganda on all the children. They were there in the big cities, but I hated everything except their fries. The fried their potatoes in mix of beef fat with vegetable oil, and they were fair. Then when they started serving breakfast, they do that mediocre. Mediocre is about as good as you get except in rare and expensive places. There is a fast food chain here in Texas that is consistently fair to mediocre, maybe a little better than mediocre. They are called Whataburger. A few years ago when McD's started claiming they would serve good coffee, I did not believe it, but I have to admit it is not very bad.
- All you queens who insist that McD's is "good enough" or tastes good must live in flyover country.
I can't imagine anyone having these impassioned defenses of this shit unless it was one of only three of four options you had.
- Give it a rest R79. You're the biggest queen on this thread.
- Once a week or so, I stop by for a Big Mac (sandwich only) and a large ice tea (free refills). Total 550 calories. A nutritionist once told me that this is an almost perfectly balanced lunch.
- Only if that ice tea is unsweet. If you are getting a normal tea there (with free refills no less) you are downing hundreds of extra calories of nutritionally void sugar.
- [quote] If I eat at McDonalds, I will immediately get a stomach ache within an hour.
- R81 I would ask to see the degree of any nutcase who told you that.
- Like so many other things, McDonald's food just isn't as good as it used to be. I no longer see employees grilling the burgers "live". i have no idea what they do now but it looks like they assemble the burgers to order, pulling the burgers out of trays of some kind. THey must be pre-cooked elsewhere and reheated or something. You used to see smoke rising from an actual grill.
- I still miss the old fries made with beef (lard?).
McD's used to be considered a quick snack or an occaisional lunch. When the public demanded it should be "food" and healthy(?) it was ruined.
- R23 and R80 type fat.
- Lunch on the road
- [quote]Lunch on the road
Roadkill for lunch...
- I lurves me the mclobster roll.
- I do love eating McDonalds, but am always aware that I will go into a sodium coma an hour later, or as I call it, "The Salties".
- The weird thing about McDonalds is that their food has to be absolutely hot and fresh for me to like it. If it sits for a while, it deteriorates much faster than most other fast food. I'm not sure why this is. The filet-o-fish is the best example.
- Hate to admit it but McDonald's cokes taste like good old fashioned fountain cokes. Really good.
- You mean Coca-Cola sends them a special batch that they withold from everyone else?
- well who knew gays could be so prissy. anyway, i love mcdonald's. the first one is still there in des plaines, il which i've been to. and to the commenter that mentioned about the straws, they still have those ol'-fashion wax covered paper ones and the big mac isn't served in that cardboard box either. kinda neat. for me it's the nostalgia. i remember going there with my father and him ordering me the big mac for the first time instead of the usual happy meal. i knew then that i was a big boy but still a boy.
- [quote] You mean Coca-Cola sends them a special batch that they withold from everyone else?
I don't know about that, but McDonald's straws are wider than everyone else's and it does have an effect on the taste of the soda.
- I've wondered the same thing about penis width and cum.
- Some of you guys are really mean and nasty. Is it fun to be that way? All the OP asked was if you like McD sometimes.
- [quote] well who knew gays could be so prissy.
- "uh..." r99, actual gay guys are not prissy. The gender defectives at who hang out at this forum are prissy. 95% of guys who like guys would think the prissy types here are freaks.
- [quote] The gender defectives at who hang out at this forum are prissy.
Wow, nice internalized homophobia there.
- as the commenter of #95 i would like to have the entire first sentence strikeout. it was just a flip comment. i apologize, i didn't want this to start.
- McDonalds is your kind of place
Hamburgers right in your face
McRibs between your toes
French fries right up your nose
- R94---in an earlier thread someone who worked for McDonald's posted that the coke dispensers are checked once a week by technicians from Coke.
- One reason I prefer Five Guys is those new Coke dispensers with all the various combinations. I love the multiple choices - they are one of a small handful of places that seem to have those machines.
- I fix my own work hours, but on those rare occasions when I have to get going by daybreak, I stop and get a McDonalds bacon, egg, & cheese biscuit and it is awesome. I hate to admit it but for $3 it's one of my favorite "road" breakfasts. Especially when they're hot & fresh. I go to the Mickey D's that has heavy traffic. Better, fresher product turnover.
- Why is ronal mcdonald being sued?
- The reason that McDonalds Coke tastes so good is turnover. They go through so much syrup that it is always fresh.
In n Out is my favorite fast food--double double animal style, extra toast. The shakes are also great. The fries are better if you order them well done.
- [quote] I can't help but like it.
Either "I can't but like it" or "I can't help like it." "I can't help but like it" is not English.
- R109, maybe English isn't your first language.
"I can't help but like it" is perfectly normal conversational English. The alternatives you've presented are not things I've ever heard real human beings say.
- It's still toxic crap, no matter what language.
- I'm partial to the McShit burger myself. I love all the additives and calories. And since its shit, no need to digest!
- Every once in awhile I get a "hankerin" for a McFish sandwich.
"Is the fish fresh? It's square. But is it
fresh? Yes it is."
- R109, gurl! now i'm not a winner of any golden apple award but you gave two options and neither one made any goddamn sense! you sure you don't like mickey d's because they have numbers by their menu options, you know. no need to read anything. and ronnie is forcing anybody to eat anything they don't want. so if you don't like it, the exit is through the golden arches bitches.
- I got a hankering for an egg mc muffin right about now.
- I have nothing against chain businesses. They employ a great deal of people. I don't care to judge you if you like to eat out at McDonald's. They're cheap and convenient. I just prefer to support local independent businesses.
- I pick my nose, R3.
- The Big Macs were better years ago when they had the cardboard collar around them and were wrapped in foil.
- I avoid McDonald's for the most part, although there was a three week period where I kind of got addicted to the snack wraps. If you're on the go they're the perfect little snack to fill your appetite, and fairly cheap. The chicken tender wrap is $1.75 and the angus beef wrap is $2.25. Neither is over 400 calories. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but I'm pretty health conscious and it was becoming a thing. I decided to make my own healthy versions of the snack wraps at home now.
My fast food poison is Taco Bell. I KNOW it's complete trash and yet I still love the taste. Only go there maybe once every few months though.
I think the point is that this is all not good food. It's loaded with everything that is making our country one of the fattest countries in the world. But even stuff that is bad for you can be used in moderation.
And I like how some of the prisspots in this thread are being all high and mighty about fast food, as if THAT'S one of the leading health problems in our community.
- Their coffee is strong but doesn't taste burnt like Starbucks.
- I would be too ashamed to be seen entering or exiting a fast food restaurant however, if I absolutely had to, I would pretend it was some kind of performance art piece and wear a pink beret.
- R121 = prissy, fussy, slave-to-what-others-think-of-him bore.
- R21's nickname at work is fusspot shitstirrer.
- I miss the McDLT. Hot side Hot. Cool side Cool.
- I like their grilled chicken snack-wraps with honey mustard.
- I smell something fat.
- R126? You type 'judgy'.
- Their chocolate chip cookies are devine!
- I top my big mac with four mcnuggets.
- On a morning show here in Sydneey, Aus. there was a story claiming that McDonald's would be starting table service and 'food' served on plates.....I'm talking cutlery and all!!!!!
- There was some blog or forum for McD workers spill secrets. One of them wrote that they left the bag of frozen McNuggets out and they melted.
- The Web-Deprived Study At McDonalds
In many rural areas, McDonalds is the only place to get Wi-Fi.
- R130, One fast-food place in LA advertised "table service." They even claimed that they would "personally refill your water." It was a very short-time experiment.
- I was not allowed to eat fast food growing up, and perhaps for that reason I find the smell of Burger Kings and MacDonalds repulsive. I generally find French Fries made from frozen to completely lack flavor.
I don't eat at any of the big chain's although I've tried Wendy's (ok) & Taco Bell (awful). I do like In N Out when I go to LA. I do get Chipotle every now and then.
- From this last Christmas, I received gift cards for McDonalds. I'll probably get a smoothie. It's not encouraging. When one gets away from any of the fast-food establishments long enough, he finds he doesn't miss the stuff. I found this especially the true the last time I bought a Quarter Pounder. I did it for the hell of it. And it was utterly bland.
- FISH McBITES!!!
- Burger King has better chicken tenders and a better buffalo dipping sauce. I fear McD's is slipping.
- R136, Have you actually tried the Fish McBites?
I saw them advertised when I popped in to get a cup of coffee; they sound fatty and nutrition-free.
- They were handing out free samples one day, so I tried them. They have tarter-sauce dipping sauce. They weren't bad at all. Assuming you like the Filet O'Fish.
- Every once in awhile there's nothing like a McD's burger, fries and chocolate shake. It reminds me of when I was a kid and MCD's was for a special occassion like a birthday.
Just the smell takes me back to happy,childhood days.
Actually, maybe it's strange that the food has the same unique smell it did in the '80's....although I heard there are plants where they manufacture odors for certain foods.
- Their chocolate chip cookies are good, especially when warm. And, 3 for a dollar. Who can whine about that?
Cookie place in the mall charges a buck a cookie, and they aren't very good.
- I always get the oatmeal cookies, yum and the 99cent coffee. great deal.
- Back in my drinking days, McDonald's pancakes and sausage or a Big Mac was my hangover food of choice. Chicken lo mein was a distant third, and usually reserved for the worst hangovers where I had to have food delivered.
- "I can't help like (or liking) it," or "I can't but like it." "I can't help but..." Is meaningless.
- FISH MCBITES!!!
- I tried the Fish McBites and they are horrid. I though they were going to taste like the filet o fish sandwich. The McBites taste nothing like that. Bad choice McDonald's.
- Disagree, R145. They tasted almost exactly like filet-o-fish, and were pretty tasty with the tartar-sauce dipping sauce.
- No they weren't R147. It is not the same kind of breading and the tartar sauce is completely different. Sorry, but they must have ran out of McBites and served you a cut up filet o fish.
- Why does McD's believe that they need to sell deep-fried breading with manufactured fish pieces?
By the way cookie lovers, there's free coffee to go with it until early March.
- Sorry, R148... maybe your store got a cheap batch or something. They're good. You're experience dosen't match mine at all. And no, I didn't get a "cut up file-o-fish". Stop being an idiot.
And R149, it's "Lent", so they're giving yet another "fish" option for those that still follow those arcane old Catholic traditions.
- R150, Thanks, forgot about Lent. They're having $7 fish frys in Vegas to support the local Aids Charity.
- SHAMROCK SHAKES AND CHERRY PIES ARE BACK! *
* For a limited time only
- One of the local McDonald's has started serving a limited breakfast menu between midnight and 5am.
Interestingly, the Egg McMuffin & Sausage McMuffin are not options... only the McGriddles, a couple of biscuit sandwiches, and the breakfast burritos are available.
There must be something about the English Muffins that they can't do with everything else. Strange.
- They took the southern style chicken sandwich off the menu. That was their best chicken sandwich, it tasted kind of like Chickfila.
- It's still on the menu here...
- Did you know there were exactly four shapes of Chicken McNuggets?
- Consider this, boys. Do you really want to be old for decades? I have been. Ugh.
- The hamburgers and fish sandwich are complete garbage. They are not even food.
They are just processed junk, poison, and chemicals.
Very sickening to contemplate even having one bite.
- The chicken mcnuggets are made of ground up chicken remnants - the stuff that usually gets thrown away because it is garbage.
- R158 is a complete drama queen. Exaggerate much?
- In honor of this thread I went through the drive thru this morning, haven't done that in years. Got an Egg McMuffin and OJ. The egg mcmuffin seemed drier than it used to be, maybe they are cooking it with less oil trying to be healthy? They socked it to me with the price of the orange juice, then they only filled the cup up 3/4 full. I noticed for the combo meals that coffee is offered and not OJ as coffee is cheaper.
- You can subsitute any beverage you want for the combo meals. Obviously some beverages change the price of the combo meal (like, if you order an extra-large Coke)
- I had the Filet-o-Fish yesterday and I admit it was delicious...hope I don't get hooked on them now
- Their chocolate chip cookies really ARE damn good.
- R164, Hate to be fussy but what kind of fat do they use in their chocolate chip cookies? Butter or shortening?
- No idea. They taste buttery, but that doesn't mean anything. I just know they're almost as good as my mom's homemade cookies.
- Was very hungry and in a hurry, so there was no alternative to the very nearby McD's. Along with my small coffee, I ordered a McDouble. They wouldn't substitute the fake, imitation cheese with lettuce without an extra 30 cent charge, and for just a teaspoon of overly chopped iceberg. Then they said the phony mayonnaise justified another 30 cent charge. At least the tomato slice was big enough to justify a further 30 cent charge. The McDouble that wasn't the "daily value special," had the standard, preferred condiments with pickles and was almost $1 less.
- I thnik i need me an egg mc muffin right about now.
- [quote]I can't help but like it.
Yes, you can't help it. The added sugars, salts, and assorted chemicals - including artificial flavors - were developed in laboratories so that you will like it.
Several years ago there was a story in "The New Yorker" about fast food. The author visited a chemical lab in New Jersey where he was shown an array of test tubes which he could easily identify as smelling like McD's, BK's, Jack's, etc.
- I still can't believe people willingly go to McDonald's, or think it's a "special treat."
- Do NOT ever try their mocha frappe! It is ADDICTING!!
- I like their new egg-white delight McMuffin thingie. I wish they had a sausage version.
And their vanilla shakes are the best fast-food vanilla shakes out there. I have no idea why. They're just delicious, where others can be ... plain.
- R169, Please provide the healthiest choices, besides black coffee, from the common fast food places, for those of us on a budget, in a hurry and starving, or stuck without homemade food options for a high-protein meal.
- Who the fuck modifies a McDouble?
The "my body is a temple" queens on this thread are the same pass-around fisting circuit bottoms who take meth "recreationally",and take loads in their stretched pooters. But the idea of eating a McNugget is appalling and unhealthy.
The answer to a question NOBODY ASKED !
The hall monitors of life. Fucking each others boyfriends. Blouse wearing,poz-faced,plucked,shaved,tweezed and full of injectables. Who will vote republican as soon as gay marriage is legal . Gluten free stereotypes with the IQ,and emotional maturity of nine year old girls.
And. With the exception of the identical hens they have brunch with(sending food back to the kitchen,'cause it's fun),ALONE.
- R74, I do not fit any of your descriptive words. I so rarely eat at McD's that I didn't know a McDouble contains phony mayo sauce and a tsp of chopped iceberg, to justify it's higher price. That is all.
- It's two thin burgers,one slice of real American cheese,rehydrated onion specks, ketchup, mustard on a hamburger bun.
It costs one dollar.
It does not come with imitation mayonnaise, or sauce or lettuce or tomato!
A McDouble is a double cheeseburger with one slice of cheese,that costs a buck!
Now you know.
- R176, That's what I expected when I ordered the McDouble, and asked them to hold the fake cheese, when they told me substituting a teaspoon of chopped iceberg would cost an extra 30 cents. I was still charged $1.99 and the McDouble came with imitation mayo, no pickles, nor ketchup&mustard. I can't stand even real mayo on burgers. Yes they finally corrected my order. I'm just trying to warn others who rarely go to McD's. Think I'll stick to small coffee in the future.
- R174 bypasses a tasty Quarter Pounder to eat the feces of all the homeless people in town.
I agree. The straws were great.
I'd cut it down a bit, but they are the perfect circumference!
- What's with this constant "imitation mayonnaise" crap? It's mayo. Why the fuck do you think it's "imitation"? What does that even mean?
- R180, Whatever McD's uses, it's not "mayo" anymore than the "cheese" that they use is real 100% dairy cheese. They even called it "sauce," so I was fooled into thinking they were giving me their typical catsup/mustard blend. At least that's real and not a phony imitation.
- R32, same here.
I was only allowed to drink soda on special occasions. Like the last day of school
Nownits in sippy cups.
I also wasn't allowed to watch too much tv. Now it's in mini vans.
- R180, Mayonnaise Dressing McD's
Water, Soybean Oil, Distilled Vinegar, Maltodextrin, Modified Food Starch, Enzyme Modified Egg Yolk, Salt, Sugar, Xanthan Gum, Mustard Flour, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Polysorbate 80, Natural Flavor (Animal Source), Calcium Disodium EDTA to Protect Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color).
Heinz Real Mayonnaise, 30 oz, from 99 Cent Store:
Soybean oil, white distilled vinegar, egg yolks, whole eggs, water, sugar, salt, lemon juice, calcium disodium EDTA.
- For McD's Chocolate Chip Cookie Lovers:
Allergens: WHEAT, MILK, EGG AND SOY LECITHIN
Semi-sweet chocolate chips [sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, milkfat, soy lecithin (emulsifier), artificial flavor, vanilla], enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), margarine [palm oil, water, soybean oil, salt, natural flavor, whey, mono- and diglycerides, sodium benzoate (preservative), soy lecithin, beta carotene (color), natural flavor (dairy source), artificial flavor, vitamin A palmitate], sugar, brown sugar, eggs, artificial flavor (vanillin, ethyl vanillin), caramel color, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), salt.
- So it's not "fake", R183, it's just got some additional ingredients. Big deal.
- For the Einstein who keeps posting the ingredients to McDonald's dishes, do you really believe that people who eat there think they're eating high quality, organic, gluten free, meals. McDonalds is meant as a quick hit, in and out. Eat it in moderation and you'll be fine. No one is under any illusion that this stuff is healthy and real.
- I worked at McDonald's 30 years ago. Back then, it was surprisingly real. Real butter, real eggs, etc., at breakfast. Real milk, eggs, sugar, & cream in the shakes and ice-cream.
Look, adding preservatives doesn't transform something from "real" to "fake". Real mayo has oil, eggs, and seasonings in it. McDonald's mayo is "real", they just also throw sugar and preservatives in it. No huge surprise there.
This queen going on about 'fake mayo' really has issues.
- Can I have a double diabetes, with a side of high blood pressure and some acid reflux?
Oh, and why not throw a hot chemical carcinogen pie in there for dessert???
- JUST DAMN, r177.
Try to get some enjoyment out of life, you miserable BITCH!
- The cherry pies are actually really good. I don't understand why they don't have them all the time.
- [quote] Try to get some enjoyment out of life
A good start is to never go to the shiteous hole that is McDonald's.
- Though I may go there two or three times a year, I read about Shamrock Shakes at DL last March and wanted to try one. I phoned the three nearest McD's on 3/17 and none had a Shamrock Shake.
- R187, I'm not a "Queen," and if you don't like my post, please skip it. I just am disappointed in the changes in McDonalds' quality. I posted the ingredient list for those who are likewise concerned.
- My choice for the best fast food item is the country ham biscuit at Hardee's. They remind me of the Virginia ham biscuits my grandma made on the farm from scratch. Unfortunately there is no Hardee's where I live.
- I love the McDonald's breakfast burritos.
- McD's is fun road food -- provided the trip doesn't last too long.
- I stand by my post.
- fake cheese fake cheese fake cheese
- = stretched meth/poz face with waxed crack,back and sack!
You're the shit-eater. You're a shitty little Anne.
- I always suspected Mayor McCheese of being a totally fake rethuglican.
- The daily double for $1.99 is tasty, but stay away from the new cheddar and onion burger because it's nasty.
- [quote]I so rarely eat at McD's that I didn't know a McDouble contains phony mayo sauce and a tsp of chopped iceberg, to justify it's higher price.
A McDouble contains no such things.
A Daily Double is Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo.
It's right on the menu. All you have to be able to do is perceive pictures and be able to read.
Clearly that's an issue for you.
- R202, Please take your dissing attitude elsewhere, especially if you don't know what you're talking about. The McD's I went to did not state what was in the Daily Double. There was nothing for me to read, nor were there any pictures. It was the cashier's first day, and he couldn't accurately answer any questions. Plus he had such a heavy accent I had trouble understanding him. The "mayo" on the Daily Double, is not mayo at all anyway, if you look it up online. Still it shouldn't be called just "sauce" be a cashier.
- It's fucking mayo you precious & pedantic little hot-house flower.
If anyone deserves dissing, it's you, prissy-pants
- I can't stand mayo. I thought the daily double was the double cheeseburger with pickle, ketchup, mustard and onion. Is the daily double something new?
- May I please shoot the big MARY at r203?
- Only the trashiest of the trashy like McDonald's: which is why it's so popular here.
- R207 typed that as he was devouring his second container of Mickey D's fries.
- [quote]I can't stand mayo. I thought the daily double was the double cheeseburger with pickle, ketchup, mustard and onion. Is the daily double something new?
The McDouble is the double cheeseburger.
The Daily Double is the double cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, & mayo instead of ketchup, mustard, & pickle.
- Now, I want McD's. Ugh. I want a cherry pie.
- R205, Thank you for your support. I don't like the mayo sauce either.
R204, R206, You're lucky that you're not allergic to the mayo sauce, so please don't put down and call "Mary," to others.
R209, Thanks for clarifying the difference. Please ad that The Daily Double costs almost a dollar more.
- [quote] Only the trashiest of the trashy like McDonald's: which is why it's so popular here.
Only the truly sad flyover ones seem to like it - the ones who are cheap and can't be bothered to spend $2 more for something less chemical laden.
These are the precious little petunias that posted upthread and said McD's was their "special treat."
If my life is ever so sad that McD's is my special treat for the week, I think I'd be too embarrassed to leave the house.
- McDonald's is gross but I'll gleefully eat the ass of some dude I just met on Grindr.
- Eww, R213, you need to get your priorities in check.
- No, R213. Not even close.
- I am surprised how popular it is globally.
I was surprised how crowded they were when I got the chance to eat at Istanbul, Budapest, and Morocco.
And yes - I luv McD, especially their ff, fish sandwhich ;)
And yes - I'm bragging that I've been to those countries :D
- You went overseas....and, with thousands upon thousands of chances to sample once-in-a-lifetime local cuisine....
you ate at a FUCKING MCDONALD'S?
- Duh... it goes without saying I've sampled local cuisines..
But what can I say, I luv me some McDs hah!
- [quote]You went overseas....and, with thousands upon thousands of chances to sample once-in-a-lifetime local cuisine... you ate at a FUCKING MCDONALD'S?
It boggles the mind that people do this on a regular basis while overseas. OTOH, it was a very hot afternoon in Istanbul so I went into McDs for a small ice cream cone -- and one hot night in Baden Baden I went in for a Coke. Otherwise it was always local cuisine for me.
- McDonald's in foreign lands have some interesting and tasty items that are never on the menu in the US.
- The fries used to be soo good as were the apple l pies back wen they were deep fried.
- [quote] McDonald's in foreign lands have some interesting and tasty items that are never on the menu in the US.
So do the local places!
- R220, So what does McD's abroad offer different from the local franchises?
Sometimes McD's is conveniently located, and one may not have the time for a more nutritious meal.
- [quote]So what does McD's abroad offer different from the local franchises?
Coke. But it's not only McD's. It's anywhere in Germany. They have a different formula for Coke in Germany, much better than what we have.
- I LOVE , I wish we were friends! Funny bitch.
- Learn to reference previous replies. Here's a hint: you don't enclose a number in square brackets.
- [bold]10 Unusual Items from McDonald's International Menu[/bold]
- Really? Stop putting this crap into your body, and stop supporting the fast food lifestyle/industry. NASTY. But I feel that way about all "fast food" chains. The only thing I might buy there would be a coffee or a bottle of water, if they sell that. Not that I would ever walk into one. Where do you live where there are not better options?
- It's not always about better. Sometimes it's about speed or convenience or cost.
Or all three.
Really? Why don't you mind your own fucking business?
- McDonalds doesn't put mayo on their hamburgers. That's why I prefer Steak n Shake or Culver's for a fast food burger.
- They have mayo on their McChicken, on the Daily Double, and the Angus Deluxe.
- r232, do you mean the McDouble? No mayo on that. And the McChicken is not a hamburger.
- The only McDonald's burger I can think of that ever had mayo was the McDLT and that second version of the McDLT that was out not long ago.
- R230 types fat.
- R233, That's why I started talking about mayo sauce, that's on the Daily Double. It's more expensive and completely different than the McDouble, that has only catsup, mustard, pickle and onion.
- Has anyone ever tried McDonald's secret menu or the secret dipping sauces for the nuggets?
- The fries and nuggets are all I can stomach.
- The "real cheese" poster needs to understand that nothing called "American Cheese" is "real cheese".
- Nothing about McDonald's food is real. Might as well go into your garage and pour sawdust on a piece of cardboard, then eat it.
- You're an idiot, R240. Hyperbole discredits you.
- I wish I could recreate the batter on the McNuggets on my own fried chicken.
- I love their Sausage Gravy over Biscuits.
- R237, What secret menu and secret sauces?
R239, I know "American Cheese" is not "real cheese," and is 50% oil and chemicals rather than milk. I still HATE it.
- Taco Bell's Apple Empenada is like the good old fashione McD's fried pie
- R241 Sorry you can't handle the truth. By all means, please go get a double Diabetes with a side of acid reflux. Run! It's on special!
- "American Cheese" was invented by a Canadian.
- They call it processed cheese in Canada. A more accurate description.
- R247, Of all the accomplishments of Canadians, phony, processed, imitation cheese has got to be the worst. It even tastes horrible, so why use it?
- Are you kidding? There's little that's better than a grilled cheese sandwich made with American Cheese.
I've had them made with real cheddar, and frankly, they suck.
- Completely AGREE r250.
I also don't like cheddar in my omelets, because it overpowers everything.
- The Big Macs are two for $4 at my McDonalds, so my roommate and I get them once a week or so. It never fails that, when I ask for two Big Macs, they ask, 'two for $4?' What do they think I'm going to say? No thanks, I'd prefer to pay full price?
- [bold]The Wonderful World of Exotic McDonald’s Food[/bold]
The golden arches holds a special place in most American's hearts (or waistlines). The Big Mac, the Chicken Nuggets, the French Fries—they're all in your face delicious and define McDonald's better than Ronald ever could. But McDonald's overseas get to enjoy more than just the ordinary greatness, they have wonderful menu items like poutine and green tea McFlurrys and Spam and spaghetti too.
Most of the menu items at international McDonald's are no longer a secret. I've dreamt many a nights of eating McDonald's cheese katsu and Ebi Filet-O. McDonald's should just introduce these items every now and again like they do the McRib—I'm sure people who haven't eaten McDonald's for years would cross the golden arches for a taste of the McSpaghetti. Here are a few crazy menu items that McDonald's have served in one delicious infographic:
(see link for infographic and more)
- [quote] I've had them made with real cheddar, and frankly, they suck.
Oh my God. What planet do you people live on?
You must all weigh 300 pounds and wear stretch sweatpants wherever you go.
I just can't.
- R254, you're an idiot. I'm skinny and tall. And a grilled cheese made with real cheddar just plain sucks. It doesn't melt right, the texture is all wrong, and the flavor is WAY too strong.
Pull your head out of your sanctimonious ass, you judgmental little priss.
- R255 Authentically made cheese with natural ingredients is delicious. It's amazingly rich, and flavorful.
If you are saying you prefer a piece of chemical-laden shit that has no taste, then you, too, have no taste whatsoever.
- [quote]Authentically made cheese with natural ingredients is delicious. It's amazingly rich, and flavorful.
Yes. It is.
But not on a grilled cheese sandwich.
You're still an idiot.
- You're still cheap and tasteless.
- I'm neither, thanks, but you're still a judgmental idiot who doesn't really grasp what he's talking about.
- Well, if caring for one's body and what goes into it makes me an idiot, I guess I am.
- R260, thanks YET AGAIN for proving how you're utterly missing the point. You really truly are an idiot, and it has nothing to do with "caring for your body". Jesus.
- A few weeks ago, tried the (relatively) new CHeddar BUrger with onions. Delish!
- I LOVE cheddar cheese(the sharper, the better). I like to eat just a chunk of it by itself or with some crackers, BUT never EVER in a grilled cheese sandwich.
That's just some NASTY SHIT, r254!
- r258, you wear thin tight shirts and comport yourself oddly, don't you?
- Maybe we should do a poll on cheddar cheese fans (me) vs American processed cheese lovers.
Thanks to those who posted unusual items served at McD's around the world. A tasty vegetarian patty would be interesting to try.
- I never said I like American Cheese over Cheddar Cheese.
I just said taht American Cheese makes far better grilled cheese sandwiches. Mostly because it melts smoothly, and doesn't over-power.
In virtually every other context, I'll take real, natural cheddar.
WHich means I'm pretty much in agreement with R263.
- Cheddar also isn't good in grits. Better tasting and much creamier with American cheese.
- I love that they're doing Breakfasts after midnight now... but hate that you can't get a sausage mcmuffin or egg mcmuffin during those extended breakfast hours. Those are the iconic breakfast items! I guess they can't do the english muffins at the same time as doing the other stuff, for some logistical reason.
- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. -- Shilly McShillbot McWhorington Whorish Slut Intern McShillbot. Please do fuck off and die. --
- I love the crispy chicken club with bacon. I just scrape off most of the mayo.
- I get the sweet-chili grilled chicken... fewest calories, fewest grams of fat, least sodium.
- Just bumping to annoy the unhinged troll at R269
- And once again proving that you're an obese frau, psychotically obsessed with junk food, and a whore, a slimey, cunt-dripping WHORE, for corporate toxic junk food.
R261, 266, 268, etc.
enjoy dying of heart disease, and soon, you gunt-lapping hag!
- I'll join in F&F-ing the clearly unhinged foul-mouthed misogynist "anyone who likes something I don't is a shill" troll. Hey, this is fun!
- Your diet is making you mental, r273. Enjoy the looney bin.
- ^^ types the junk food-obsessed obese frau who types comments to herself.
- ^^types the know it all small dick who loves to hear himself talk.
- Wow; not only are so psychotically obsessive, but a sociopath, too!
- 278 posts and no has explained the original comment... what the hell is a McChicken Burger? I wonder of the OP was posting out of the US, not that there is anything wrong with that. When I was living in the England in the 90s I loved the veggie burgers at BK!
- Figure it out, dumbass!
- R273 you tell em gurl!!
- What can I say but the obvious? Women be nuts.
- Try the daily double cheeseburger. For $2.13, it's pretty damn good.
- R279 is a fucking moron
- One woman died and nine others were rushed to hospital after breathing in toxic fumes at a McDonald's restaurant.
Police believe cleaning chemicals in the bathroom of the Pooler, Georgia, fast food restaurant may have been to blame for the scare.
Anne Felton, 80, of Ponte Vedra, Florida, and another woman customer were found unconscious in the toilet and other people in the restaurant were struggling to breath.
Three fire fighters were among those needing hospital treatment after the incident yesterday. Five customers and one employee also fell sick.
Fire Chief Wade Simmons said there was a strong smell in the bathroom but the exact source had not yet been identified.
'There are a lot of theories, but there was nothing we could see, and we were unable to find the cause,' he added. 'Possibly during the autopsy there will be for sure answers, but as of now, there is no definitive answer.'
When the initial call was made, there was no indication that there were toxic fumes. The firefighters were sent for basic medical help and responded wearing their regular uniforms.
'I think it went really well. We don't like the fact they were hurt, but it started as a standard medical call not knowing what exactly was going on,' Chief Simmons told CBS.
'They did an excellent job, they got victims immediately out, continued until additional help arrived.'
The autopsy was being carried out today on Mrs Felton, who was having a McDonald's meal with her husband at the time of the tragedy.
20 people who could have breathed in the fumes were decontaminated by a hazardous materials team as a precaution, added the fire chief.
McDonald's issued a statement saying the restaurant reopened after authorities deemed it safe and wishing a speedy recovery for all involved.
The company is carrying out its own investigation and did not immediately have a comment following Felton's death.
- Let's try to drive that insane troll to suicide!
- Keep trying, Cunty McFeces.
More of your dullard bile slithers from your coozehole, proving what a shit stain to humanity you are.
- Last week at McDonald’s annual shareholder’s meeting, CEO Don Thompson got caught off-guard when a team of 15 advocates, led by Corporate Accountability International, descended upon corporate headquarters to question the fast food leader’s relentless exploitation of children and communities of color.
Leading the way was Tanya Fields, executive director of the BLK ProjeK and mother of four. In her dramatic statement, Fields described her neighborhood in the Bronx as a “food swamp filled with corner stores and fast food,” noting that with three outlets within walking distance of her home, “McDonald’s happens to be the biggest alligator in that swamp.” She concluded: “Sorry, but four apple slices in plastic packaging won’t cut it.”
McDonald’s CEO Don Thompson’s response was to ignore Fields altogether and instead give the usual cheerleading speech about all the great things his company was doing. Then he took questions, and the fun really began.
Here are the top 10 lies told by Don Thompson during the Q&A session:
In response to 9-year-old Hannah Robertson (read her statement):
1) “First off, we don’t sell junk food, Hannah.”
Where to even begin? A quick look at the menu belies that statement, while this “big breakfast” item packs more than 1,000 calories: half a day’s worth.
Thompson tried this spin more than once:
2) “We sell lots of fruits and veggies at McDonald’s and we sell side salads for a dollar on the dollar menu.”
In 2011, McDonald’s made a big deal about how it would automatically include apple slices in Happy Meals. Considering that McDonald’s is now the single largest purchaser of apples in the nation, that may qualify as “lots of fruit.” Then again, the company is also the single largest purchaser of both beef (a billion pounds a year) and potatoes. I suppose Thompson would count fries as a vegetable?
While it’s true McDonald’s sells a side salad on its dollar menu (one of 13 items), if you only have a one dollar to spend, what’s the likelihood you would choose a small salad over the 310-calorie “grilled onion cheddar burger”?
- 3) Claiming “chicken nugget Happy Meals and fat-free milk” are healthy.
According to the McDonald’s website, Chicken McNuggets contain roughly 30 ingredients, including: sodium phosphates, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate and calcium lactate.
The “fat-free milk” Thompson touted numerous times is actually chocolate milk, containing 10 grams of added sugar, which as registered dietitian Andy Bellatti told me, is more than 75 percent of a day's worth for children ages 4-8 (per the American Heart Association’s guidelines). He added: “As it is, American children are consuming an exorbitant amount of sugar; no one should be encouraging sugary beverages simply because they contain calcium and vitamin D.”
Next, in response to a question from Corporate Accountability International about how McDonald’s is getting kicked out of hospitals over obvious concerns about the conflicting messages, Thompson claimed:
4) “Many hospitals have asked us to come back in or to never leave.”
Thompson must be forgetting about how the CEO of Truman Medical Center in Kansas City kicked McDonald’s out just last year, citing an “inconsistent message.” Perhaps Thompson was also unaware of at least three other hospitals that had ended their contracts with McDonald’s prior to Truman: Lurie Children’s Hospital (formerly Chicago Memorial Hospital), Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Vanderbilt Medical Center and Parkland Health & Hospital System.
Also, Thompson must have missed this memo: more than 3,000 health professionals and institutions from around the world have signed a letter urging McDonald's to stop marketing junk food to children.
Continuing the healthcare theme was a powerful statement by pediatric endocrinologist Dr. Andrew Bremer, who called out the CEO for the company’s marketing to children: “Last year you said, and I quote: ‘Do me the honor… of not associating us with doing something that is damaging to children.’ Well with all due respect, Mr. Thompson, your corporation is doing just that.”
In his response, Thompson seemed to be getting a little desperate, sidestepping the issue of marketing to children altogether, claiming:
5) “We provide high-quality food, we always have. It’s real beef, it’s real chicken, it’s real tomatoes, real lettuce, real fruit, real smoothies, real dairy, real eggs.”
Really? The “real eggs” in an Egg McMuffin are “prepared with” the following:
Liquid Margarine: Liquid Soybean Oil and Hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oils, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene (Color).
Even the “real smoothies” contain unpronounceable additives. See for example, the “fruit base” of the McCafe Mango Pineapple Smoothie, which consists of:
Water, Clarified Demineralized Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Mango Puree Concentrate, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Orange Juice Concentrate, Pineapple Puree, Passion Fruit Juice, Apple Juice Concentrate, Natural (Botanical Source) and Artificial Flavors, Contains less than 1% of the following: Peach Puree, Cellulose Powder, Pear Juice Concentrate, Xanthan Gum, Peach Juice Concentrate, Pectin, Citric Acid, Colored with Fruit and Vegetable Juice and Turmeric Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Preservative).
But wait, there’s more. The Mango Pineapple Smoothie also contains “low fat smoothie yogurt,” consisting of: “Cultured Grade A Reduced Fat Milk, Sugar, Whey Protein Concentrate, Fructose, Corn Starch, Modified Food Starch, Gelatin, Active Yogurt Cultures.” And did I mention the 47 grams of sugar? But I am sure it’s “real sugar,” right Mr. Thompson?
Next, continuing to pound Thompson on marketing to kids was Kia Robertson (parent of Hannah; see Kia’s statement here). Then the CEO trotted out the tired industry defense on exploiting children:
6) Globally, we follow guidelines on responsible marketing to children.
Parents in Brazil would beg to differ. Just last month, McDonald’s was fined $1.6 million by the consumer protection agency in Sao Paolo for violating local laws on targeting children.
Here in the U.S., McDonald’s is far from responsible. A report from Yale University found that McDonald’s targets children as young as age 2 at Ronald.com. (This site now redirects to HappyMeal.com, where children are forewarned at the top of the page: “Hey kids, this is advertising!”)
The Yale report also found: “Although McDonald's pledged to improve food marketing to children, they increased their volume of TV advertising from 2007 to 2009.” Preschoolers saw 21 percent more McDonald's ads and older children viewed 26 percent more ads in 2009 compared to 2007. So much for guidelines.
Then Thompson actually said these words:
7) “And we are not marketing food to kids.”
Two words: Happy Meals.
8) To further this point, he claimed “We are not marketing in schools.”
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, see here, here, and here for Ronald McDonald visits to schools. Corporate Accountability International’s report contains more examples of school sightings of McDonald’s clown ambassador. The company likes to claim, as CEO Thompson did, that Ronald is “just a clown” and that he doesn’t actually hawk food per se, never mind the branding.
McDonald’s also promotes “McTeacher’s Nights” in which, as the company describes it: “Educators, students, parents, and friends are invited to their local McDonald’s to ‘work’ and raise money for a designated school related cause.” Free labor plus free PR for McDonald’s, how brilliant is that?
In more defensiveness, (you almost had to feel sorry for him) CEO Thompson next tried this line:
9) We are not the cause of obesity.
Did he not see Supersize Me?
OK, McDonald’s is obviously not the only cause of our nation’s health woes, but research has shown a connection between the location of fast-food outlets and adverse health outcomes in communities.
For example, one study found that nearly one-third of U.S. children ages 4 to 19 eat fast food, which increases the risk of obesity due to an increase in daily calories. Another study showed that students with fast-food outlets near their schools were more likely to be overweight, and to consume more soda and fewer fruits and vegetables. And this connection was stronger for African-American children, while a third study found a similar pattern among low-income African-American adults. Speaking of which…
In response to Michelle Dyer (see her statement here), who challenged Thompson on McDonald’s marketing to communities of color, the African-American CEO began by joking, “this hits kind of close to home, wonder why that is?” Then he got very defensive, claiming:
10) “We do not, have not, will not, try to target people of color… I’ve been here 23 years. I know we don’t do that and we wouldn’t do that. We don’t do that under my leadership.”
These three McDonald’s websites speak for themselves:
According to this Bloomberg article, in 2011 McDonald’s CEO’s salary topped $8.75 million. For that kind of money, Don Thompson should have far better talking points at the ready. Let’s see what happens next year.
- What could be better than an Egg McMuffin for Sunday brunch?
- R290, Thank you for your post. I used to comment that I like McD's coffee. Never knew what was actually in it, besides coffee beans.
- Apple pie at 89 cents. You can't go wrong.
- Actually, you can, 293.
McDonald’s happy image and its golden arches aren’t the gateway to bliss in Bolivia. This South American country isn’t falling for the barrage of advertising and fast food cooking methods that so easily engulf countries like the United States.
Bolivians simply don’t trust food prepared in such little time. The quick and easy, mass production method of fast food actually turns Bolivians off altogether. Sixty percent of Bolivians are an indigenous population who generally don’t find it worth their health or money to step foot in a McDonald’s. Despite its economically friendly fast food prices, McDonald’s couldn’t coax enough of the indigenous population of Bolivia to eat their BigMacs, McNuggets or McRibs.
One indigenous woman, Esther Choque, waiting for a bus to arrive outside a McDonald’s restaurant, said, “The closest I ever came was one day when a rain shower fell and I climbed the steps to keep dry by the door. Then they came out and shooed me away. They said I was dirtying the place. Why would I care if McDonald’s leaves [Bolivia]?”
Fast food chain remained for a decade, despite losses every year
The eight remaining McDonald’s fast food shops that stuck it out in the Bolivian city’s of La Paz, Cochabamba, and Santa Cruz de la Sierra, had reportedly operated on losses every year for a decade. The McDonald’s franchise had been persistent over that time, flexing its franchise’s deep pockets to continue business in Bolivia.
Any small business operating in the red for that long would have folded and left the area in less than half that time. Even as persistent as McDonald’s was in gaining influence there, it couldn’t continue operating in the red. After 14 years of presence in the country, their extensive network couldn’t hold up the Bolivian chain. Store after store shut down as Bolivia rejected the McDonald’s fast food agenda. Soon enough, they kissed the last McDonald’s goodbye.
Deep cultural rejection
The McDonald’s impact and its departure from Bolivia was so lasting and important, that marketing managers immediately filmed a documentary called, “Why McDonalds’s went broke in Bolivia.”
Featuring, cooks, nutritionist, historians, and educators, this documentary breaks down the disgusting reality of how McDonald’s food is prepared and why Bolivians reject the whole fast food philosophy of eating.
The rejection isn’t necessarily based on the taste or the type of food McDonald’s prepared. The rejection of the fast food system stemmed from Bolivian’s mindset of how meals are to be properly prepared. Bolivians more so respect their bodies, valuing the quality of what goes into their stomach. The time it takes for fast food to be prepared throws up a warning flag in their minds. Where other cultures see no risk, eating McDonald’s every week; Bolivians feel that it just isn’t worth the health risk. Bolivians seek well prepared, local meals, and want to know that their food was prepared the right way.
This self respect helps Bolivians avoid processed “restructured meat technology,” often used by fast food joints like McDonald’s.
The McRib: 70 ingredients all restructured into one
Did you know that the McRib is processed with 70 different ingredients which include azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in producing foamed plastics? McRib’s are basically “restructured meat technology” containing a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach. Proteins are extracted from this muscle mixture and they bind the pork trimmings together so they can be molded in a factory. The McRib is really just a molded blob of restructured meat, advertised and sold like fresh ribs. There’s nothing real about it, the preparation or the substance. In fact, McRibs really came about because of a chicken shortage. The restructured meat technology approach kept the McRib on the menu, despite the shortage, and the profits continued rolling in.
This is the very disgusting idea that the Bolivians have rejected in their country.
The Bolivian rejection of McDonald’s has set a proper example for the rest
- [quote]According to the McDonald’s website, Chicken McNuggets contain roughly 30 ingredients,
That's just amazing. 30 ingredients at such a low price. It must be one of the best bargains in town.
- Mcdonalds .....a reality check.
- Congrats, OP.
Very successful troll thread.
You did well.