Today is Chocolate Cake Day
How are you celebrating this holiest of holidays?
- Thanks for the tip, OP. Having dinner tonight with friends. Now I know what to choose for dessert.
3 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder (not
2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups well-shaken buttermilk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
For ganache frosting
1 pound fine-quality semisweet chocolate such as Callebaut
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- Buttermilk is the BEST when making chocolate cake! Thanks, R2!
- I love "real" chocolate cake. No one I know appreciates it as much as I do.
Luckily, I can never find them in the store, I refuse to spend $$ at a bakery, and I'm too lazy to bake.
- Why, I dashed out to Kroger and bought a prefab chocolate fudge cak, of course.
I'm a tool for these marketing dept. driven holidays, aren't I?
- It is also Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- Martha Stewart marble cake topped with chocolate sauce and Graetner vanilla ice cream.
- Nigella Lawson's divine Chocolate Guinness cake.
- I ate a big chunk of dark chocolate today. Dark chocholate is the best.
- OP knows many of us are dieting.
This is typical passive aggressive hate crime behavior!
- Isn't everyday chocolate cake day?!
DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery.
Talking to DataLounge servers.
Please wait a moment...