- Her interview is one for the books. She told investigators if she had killed him, how'd she do it, and that all her ex-boyfriends are still alive, so she can't be a murderer. She said a whole bunch of other hokey shit as well. They had tape of her dolling herself up before heading into the courtroom, making jokes. You'd think she was going to a premiere. She killed this dude the hard way too. She'll be on "Deadly Women" in a few months time. She's trying to say that he sexually abused her or something, even though friends say it wasn't true, and that there were no police reports. They're trying to use their sex life as evidence that he was sexually abusive. The jury better not fall for this crap.
- "If I had killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty."
Her own words.
- Dumb bitch deleted the pics they just took of each other, then threw the camera into the washing machine with a load of laundry. If not for the police being able to recover the deleted pics, she might have gotten away with the murder.
Why not take the camera with her when she left town? She could have ditched it later on.
Also, I don't understand how there was at least one other roommate living in the house at the time who didn't investigate the smell of a decomposing body. When the one chick (Mimi Hall) was testifying to getting into the house to find out if Travis was dead, she said the house reeked and one of the roommates was home at the time. That part is pretty weird.
- Dexter? Season 6.
- r4, see, I know nothing about all that. Did she take photos of the body, then try to destroy the camera, or... what the significance of the photos, photos that she felt she had to destroy? Why?
- I think the photos were the only proof that she had been there, even the only proof that she had been Arizona at all.
Apparently she drove from CA, arrived at something like 4 am, they went to bed until 1ish, then woke up, fucked around, took naked pics in bed. He started to take a shower and she took more pics of him in the shower. Then she stabbed him and took some more pictures of his bleeding and probably dead body. Why? Who knows.
She deleted all of those photos, threw the camera into the laundry and drove to her boyfriend's place in Utah. Nobody but Travis would have even known she was in Arizona at all apparently. I guess she didn't use any credit cards while she was there or something.
She must have thought that deleting the pics was good enough to remove the evidence that she was there, but for good measure she thought the washing machine would make anything on the hard drive unrecoverable. But she was wrong and they not only pulled out all those photos of both her and travis, but recovered all the time stamps. they said the time stamps are the only way they know a time of death for Travis too.
- [quote] Her interview is one for the books. She told investigators if she had killed him, how'd she do it, and that all her ex-boyfriends are still alive, so she can't be a murderer. She said a whole bunch of other hokey shit as well. They had tape of her dolling herself up before heading into the courtroom, making jokes. You'd think she was going to a premiere.
This woman reminds me of that other sociopath casey anthony
- [quote] I think the photos were the only proof that she had been there, even the only proof that she had been Arizona at all.
There was actually a bloody handprint of hers on a wall. It was his blood the print was in
- r8, this woman is worse than her. It doesn't take much to psychically kill a kid. This is a grown-ass man!
- In terms of the full frontal nude pics, there is a pic of his dead lying in the shower. Nude.
It is too gross to post here, but it is on the internet.
If you search long enough, you will find it.
- I think she left and he thought she was gone when he was in the shower. For most of the shower photos he didn't know she was there. I think he sees her at the 5:27 photo and then she pulls a knife or gun on him and makes him sit down in the shower. He was dead by the 5:32 photo.
And yes, I have been paying way too much attention to this case lately.
- Has his roommate testified in the trial, r12? The one that was home when Mimi Hall finally got the security pass code and got into the house to discover the body?
It's sort of a side-story (the roommate isn't a suspect at all), but I found it really interesting (and creepy) that someone was in the house with the smell of that mutilated and decomposing body, and they didn't investigate it themselves. I was expecting to hear that the roommates (was there more than one) were out of town for the week, or something along those lines.
- When will the violence against men stop? Man I hate cunts. Toast her.
- Crime scene photos.
WARNING: yikes! NSFW!
- Jodi had locked the door of the master suite when she left, and the master suite was the only area on the second floor of a 4500 sq. foot house. The roommates only used the downstairs of the house and evidently there is some big loft area. The roommate said he started to smell something the day that the body was discovered but thought nothing of it...when they finally opened the door to the suite, the stink was immediately noticeable and prominent.
- "3-Hole Wonder"
I've heard that term several times today in the coverage of the trial. Thanks Nancy Grace.
- He took at least one nude photo with his cock pointed upright on the bed. They had been having sex all day, and taking pictures.. They have it covered in the photos released. Where is it uncensored?
- Why was she taking photos when she wasn't going to take the camera with her anyway? Was this some sort of set up? She definitely had a plan when you hear her interview from a few years ago. She was trying to set it up that she wasn't at the scene. Then when they revealed that they had her shit all over the house from that day, she came up with another story. You could figure out though that she had another story all ready to go when questioned.
She is a fucking nutcase. Apparently, she listed herself as practicing Wicca. They don't do black magic sacrificing shit I don't think.
- Documenting Reality has all the photos. My god. This bitch did all this?!
He was completely shaved btw. (sick fucker, I know, but)
- I lived in the Phoenix area when this murder happened. Jodi was suspected since the beginning when Travis' body was found. She will probably end up on death row. A lot of Travis' friends and family talked to the local media quite a bit in the beginning. He was a Mormon and quite popular in the Mormon community in Mesa. I feel sorry for his friends and relatives, but they were annoying as fuck in a lot of their media interviews in 2008 and 2009. They often portrayed Travis as the "perfect Mormon man". Most of Travis' friends and families believed he was a virgin and many were shocked when details about him and Jodi were released by the police.
I remember an interview that Travis' brother gave and he said he knew Travis had been sleeping with Jodi, but the brother kept saying that Jodi stole his brother's virginity. He acted as if the "it takes two to tango" concept didn't apply to his brother.
Information about Jodi came out in the media right away. She met Travis through the MLM company they both worked for. She had a history of stalking Travis after they broke up and when they were dating she was very possessive. The theory many people have is Travis kept in contact with Jodi for sexual reasons. He was interested in dating another Mormon girl and he was probably lying to that girl about being a virgin.
I also thought it was weird that his roommates never smelled decomposition in the house. There is a Facebook memorial group for Travis and some of his friends and relatives gave away a lot of info before the trial. Travis owned the house and had two or three roommates/tenants. He had a very strict policy that the roommates were ever to enter his bedroom and bathroom.
- *never to enter his bedroom and bathroom
- Dateline (I think) did a whole episode on this case last week. It's online. They're previous interview with her from a few years ago ended up in court.
Any theories as to what's wrong with this chick? Honestly. That body was fucking huge. She moved it? Was she jealous? Who does this shit? The girl is just off. Was it a sacrifice? Her interview where she explained how she would have done it, if she had done it, which she didn't, was off the wall.
- "Who does this shit?" is what pulls us into the case, r23. She's remarkably calm in those first interviews before she confessed. She talks about being comforted that she'll see Travis again in heaven; she still thinks she's going, apparently. Not one bit of remorse.
She converted to Mormon so the victim would consider her wife material. This did not work. She had come so close, living in his master suite for a few weeks. She then had to go back to the shitty hellhole kid's room at her grandparents', at the age of 27. This was no accomplished, well-to-do professional woman here; she was a loser and hanger-on drifting between waitress jobs, likely another reason T distanced himself from anything serious.
His mistake was thinking he had the situation under control, like a lot of domestic violence victims do. He thought that being blunt with her would send a clear message; but he was still using her as a cum rag, hoping she'd just go away eventually while they both dated others.
The pictures are pretty damn astonishing. If she walks, the jury system in the US is beyond fucked.
As to how she moved him, that floor had so much blood on it there likely wasn't much dragging she had to do. She opened up his throat over carpeting, but pulled him back down the tile hallway to the shower, where she shot him (coup de gras?). He had no blood left in his body by the time she shot him. The theory is that she made the first cut to his heart in the shower. He tried to run and slumped over the sink, where she took the opportunity to stab his back multiple times. He crawled to the end of the hallway, where she picked up his head and cut his throat over the carpet before dragging him back to the shower, then shooting him. Everybody wants to know what went on between the fucking and the killing. How could any human being do this to someone they just got finished having sex with? If they can't convict her with this much evidence, what does it say about our justice system?
- It was actually on 48 Hours, R23 and it was really good. She has a very weird affect when she's speaking and dead dull brown eyes. Travis was a total cutie.
- Did anyone see the video of her singing in the jail house, winning competitions?
- I think they're probably equally bad, but comparing the two murders, I think it's worse to kill a 2 year year old just to keep grandma from "winning" one over on you by getting custody, than it is to murder a grown man who's about to leave your ass, and has already been dating a new woman.
- I'm kind of hoping they play the phone sex conversation that Jodi recorded (why would she still have that saved so many years later?)
When the computer forensics guy started his testimony yesterday and they were having him read off the websites that Travis has visited on his laptop, I assumed the defense was immediately going to list all the porn sites that he looked at. (even if they did, would a jury really think that's unusual for a dude to be looking at porn online?)
But no, they didn't start off that way. The first hits they asked him about were YouTube pages. I suppose they specifically had him read off page names because they sounded potentially kinky to the jury, but the titles he was naming are the title of a Daft Punk song - "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger." So if the jury doesn't know that it's a song, they might think it's porn-related.
I'll be interested to hear what more he has to testify to next week. (I can't believe I've been watching the livestream online)
- I think she got him on a bedsheet and then pulled his body back to the shower via that. When your adrenalin is pumping and you're cray cray, you can drag lots of weight. This photo allegedly was accidentally taken as she was dragging the sheet down the hallway.
Oh, and I think she meant to take the camera, but in her haste to leave she gathered it up with the bedsheets and threw it in the washer.
- Guys love crazy women (not to marry or respect) because of good sex.
Sometimes they seem to not realize crazy really is well, crazy.
- Sociopaths (or psychopaths or people with antisocial personality disorder or whatever they're called in the new American Psychological Association diagnostic manual) are very impulsive and prone to do incredibly stupid or cruel things on the spur of the moment without thinking of the consequences. Casey Anthony is a good comparison.
- [quote]Sociopaths (or psychopaths or people with antisocial personality disorder or whatever they're called in the new American Psychological Association diagnostic manual)
Sociopath is a very controversial term. Psychiatrists can't agree on the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath.
- 48 Hours documentary.
- Brand new gruesome photos just leaked which include full up-close view of his slit throat where you can see her vocal cords, the others.. my god.
This bitch actually now admitted that she did it.
- Jodi Arias Won 'American Idol' Style Caroling Contest In Prison
- I just wanted to add, Jody drove from CA to SLC with a gas can that she borrowed from the new man so she didn't have to stop and purchase gas. She didn't want any video or a purchase of her stopping for gas along the way. The guy testified to how insistent she was about borrowing the gas cans. That, to me, shows premeditation on her part.
I saw the video of her winning the signing competition in prison. Nancy was on GMA saying the women on Jody's block believe Travis abused her, of course they believe Jody.
- People think Travis was a "perfect Mormon man"? The dude certainly didn't deserve what happened to him, but a perfect Mormon man would never have had premarital sex with a woman!
- Here is a clip of an interview conducted while Jodi was still trying to sell the Ninja story. She has such a strange affect.
- In one of the crime scene photos, it shows off his pot belly
- While he was a bit chubby I think the pot belly in the crime scene photos may be more of a result of decomposition and icky stuff settling in that area.
- [quote]but a perfect Mormon man would never have had premarital sex with a woman!
Amen, Manti! You wouldn't believe how many time I have to keep reminding my 'girlfriends' of that.
- JA's attorneys don't come across as a very dynamic team or they had no idea what they were really getting into. Given all the drama that keeps happening daily and the number of sidebars, I'm starting to wonder if she'll get off over something overlooked, not checked, etc.
Travis was definitely no choir boy as we're finding out but not an abuser.
- Her attorneys don't think they will win, I think they have asked for a mistrial a few times, just like Casey's did.
- This is the scenario I envision. She probably fell in love with this guy who was ostensibly wholesome and more than likely head and shoulders above the other guys she'd dated before. Judging from her past, I pretty sure the type she dated before were losers, not too savory, going nowhere, drug/alcohol issues, you name it. She meets a guy at this MLM company (Mormon central) and starts dating. While she probably doesn't have the mindset down well enough to "walk the walk" she converts in hopes of becoming marriageable material, but she doesn't quite get the purity part. Her past identity may be wrapped up in a large part in the satisfaction she can provide to her men.
So here she finds this nice Mormon boy with whom she can have a new start. She converts and thinks she's pleasing him by providing the most satisfying if not the first sex he's ever had. She doesn't quite get it. He can't marry someone who puts out like that so he rebuffs her as relationship material but continues to use her as his sexual outlet while dating the nice virginal types.
She starts to grasp all of this and becomes enraged at having been used by someone who never loved her or had any mutual feelings. So she decides to go on a mission. She can't be detected just in case it doesn't turn out as she hopes, hence the gas cans, etc. She shows up at his place in hopes of changing his mind, first through mindblowing sex and if that doesn't work pleading and ultimately threats. She'd hoped against hope that the rejection wasn't true, but it was. She becomes enraged at yet another rejection and snaps, following through on Plan B.
- I love how the girl who calls the police immediately drops Jodi's name. The 911 operator asks if anyone had been threatening him lately and she doesn't hesitate to say Jodi. Jodi is a dumb delusional bitch if she really thought she could pull this off, every one of his friends mentioned her right away. Good luck, dipshit.
- I'm glad the prosecution revisited the testimony the computer forensics guy gave last week about the YouTube visits that were recovered from Travis' computer.
And he called it out as being an attempt to deceive the jury by reading off a salacious sounding title without the context that it was just a homemade version of a music video.
Granted, it's so stupid that I probably wouldn't want to be associated as having watched it (and being mistaken for a fan), but it's not pornographic in any way. It's a couple of chicks in beach volleyball outfits and busted-ass robot heads doing a dance to the Daft Punk song. I attached it.
And yet that was the only website the defense team had their expert testify to him visiting. That's it?!?!?!?!?!?!?! No porn sites? What they hell are they hoping to prove with that?
- I guess there's something to be said for a desperate defense like that. Casey Anthony's attorneys did the same, they pretty much threw everything at the wall to see what would stick, they had called for several mistrials too, they didn't think it would work. It doesn't seem like a good way to run a defense strategy and because some dummies in Fl. bought it doesn't mean anyone else will. The real problem is that now they have to put Jodi on the stand (of course that's what they said about Casey and she never testified) to back up the DV claims and explain the overkill and why she even drove 1000 miles to be abused.
- [quote] It doesn't take much to psychically kill a kid.
- [quote]I just wanted to add, Jody drove from CA to SLC with a gas can that she borrowed from the new man so she didn't have to stop and purchase gas. She didn't want any video or a purchase of her stopping for gas along the way. The guy testified to how insistent she was about borrowing the gas cans. That, to me, shows premeditation on her part.
I don't know if the 'current' boyfriend (the Utah guy that she drove to immediately after the murder) had the same story, but the guy that I saw testify in court (they wouldn't show his face on the live stream) was her ex-boyfriend that she used to live with. He was a defense witness and said all good things about Jodi being a good (not jealous) girlfriend (they'd bought a house together) and being good to his son. He painted a pretty decent picture of her until the prosecution got him to testify that she had been repeatedly pestering him (even though they'd been broken up for a long time) to borrow a couple of gas cans in May (Travis was killed first week in June).
She may have borrowed some cans from the Utah boyfriend she had at the time of the murder too, but I don't think that guy has testified in the trial, at least not yet.
- Holy shit!
Jodi is just taking the stand right now! Bitch is gonna tell a story.
- Just before she took the stand she was excused from the courtroom for a short restroom break. I assume that was so she could stab herself in the leg (or something along those lines) so that she could work up some tears while on the stand.
- FUCK, how am I missing this?!?!
- You never EVER take the stand, especially when you're a murderer like this. Who the fuck is advising? Methinks the voices in her head.
She's blaming her parents, and her first boyfriend's suicide. And this explains away stabbing and busting a cap in someone's head and taking photos of it how?
- It's sad to be able to relate to Jodi. To know you're never going to be good enough for someone. No matter how much you try to change for that person. He used her as some sort of sex toy and she snapped. I wonder how many of us can admit that we have gotten that close to snapping and going off the deep end. You have to wonder what went thru her mind that she decided that since she wasnt good enough for him that maybe he was the one that wasnt good enough for her.
- R54 she CRAVES attention
- Has she been diagnosed beyond being an evil bitch? Seriously, this woman has more than a screw loose.
- Did someone advise her to look like she's taking her 4th grade school pictures today because they anticipated her taking the stand?
- r53, if you have access, you can watch it on various internet feeds. I'm using RadarOnline, but there are plenty of other sites where you can link up.
- I am watching TruTv and I am not seeing it. All they are showing is a computer expert and some of the crappy "Property of Travis Alexander" clothes that Jodi says he made her wear. I do know that Jane Velez and the insufferable Nancy Grace do highlights of the trial on their shows every night so if you missed anything you can catch it there. Of course Jane's show is better because the highly indignant Nancy isn't on it.
- Oh and I am almost positive that Jodi is the one that made those craptastic "property of" shirts and shorts. I don't know any guys that would personalize shit on Cafe Press or where ever they were made, not 24 year old guys anyway. I hope Martinez asks her about that, not that she would be forthcoming.
- When she was arrested she asked about make-up for her mug-shot
- r61, TruTV shows the trial up until noon Eastern each day, then coverage changes over to CNN Headline News for the afternoon. But Headline News keeps cutting in and out with other news and they play a lot more commercials than Tru does.
Tomorrow morning Tru will show much of what happened this afternoon. They start their coverage at 6am Eastern and that's several hours before court starts in Arizona, so they fill that time with what happened the previous day.
But you are right JVM and Nancy will recap it all later on their programs.
- Here is a link.
- The T-shirt said "Travis Alexander's" and then on the back it said "Being Better Blog". A bunch of his friends had it. It was pimping his blogsite, that's all.
- I wish one of these attorneys was hot. The last trial I watched chunks of was Conrad Murray/Michael Jackson and it was so much better because that DA guy was pretty fine.
- Her defense team is laughing and smiling in the courtroom. Horrible.
- Live Stream on Radar. The jury is out. Nothing's happening yet. Turn on HLN if you want to watch it on tv.
- Back on!
- R67 the only hot one associated with this trial or trial coverage is Vinnie Politan. Handsome man.
- Holy shit! I thought you were kidding about her taking the stand. I have it on CNN now but it's about the kidnapped boy being freed, also, I don't think Wolf Blitzer would cover this Arias thing. I can't believe the jury is out already. I used to live in PHX when this happened and have been waiting years for this trial, and now it's over and wasn't as great as I thought it would be.
- It's not CNN r72, it's CNN Headline News. Maybe HLN is how you know it.
- Testimony is not on CNN, she is testifying right now on HLN
- The jury was just out because I think there was a sidebar or something. Jodi is back testifying about some teenage boyfriend. She's going ALL the way back.
- Thank you, all upthread. It is on HLN.
- She is going to be on the stand for this whole week.
- Is she Spanish?
- When the defendant testifies, is that usually the last witness that the defense calls?
If that's the case, they really have presented the weakest defense I can think of. None of the others they called presented anything that even remotely indicates Travis beat her, and since that is the only excuse they have to support her self defense plea, you'd think they would have had someone besides this delusional chick to have backed it up.
So all they have is her telling her lies, I guess. At the rate this story is going (talking about her boyfriend from 1997 right now) they aren't going to get to 2008 until Thursday.
- [quote] is that usually the last witness that the defense calls?
- The devil is dancing tonight, friends. I believe he is dancing at the Blue Iguana.
- The defense is calling no one else. This is it, so I've heard.
- What does any of this shit they're talking about have to do with anything?
- Jodi mouthed to the court stenographer "If I am going too fast, just ask me to slow down." Unbelievable!
- Nancy Grace has to be beside herself right now...she has been salivating at the thought of JA taking the stand.
- HlN is playing it right now and trutv plays it during the day. This trial is as addictive as the OJ trial.
- They didn't have her former co-worker testify about the cat story, did they?
Some lady that worked with her at a restaurant (maybe Dennys?) told it to Nancy Grace last week, but I'd heard it before too.
Some other guy at the restaurant needed a cat sitter and Jody agreed to take care of his cat for a couple of weeks. But 2 weeks after she started taking care of it, she went to the coworker lady and asked her what she should do because she had shut the cat in a room alone for 2 weeks with what she said was enough food and water. But she didn't check on the cat until 2 weeks later and she told the coworker that the cat was behaving really bizarrely. The coworker says she remembered Jody saying that she knows she should feel bad about it, but she didn't.
- [quote]she knows she should feel bad about it, but she didn't.
The mark of the sociopath.
- So sorry to hear that you've dated some losers, Miss Arias, but frankly, we have our own problems and don't want to know about all of them today.
- God she's so boring and pathetic in her portrayal of the long-termed abused girl. Muster up some tears, Jodi. Also she remembers every detail of every day of her life but can't seem to recall if or when she was sexually active with her boyfriends.
- She's a terrible witness for herself--who advised this?
- I don't watch Nancy Grace. No one should watch that Right wing hillbilly wackjob.
- [quote]She's a terrible witness for herself--who advised this?
She's dead meat anyway -- they decided to let her have her 15 minutes before they lock her up.
- I think she was acting under advice from one of Phil Spector's wigs. Fuck, it, what do you have to lose?
- I wonder if she's already been writing her book while she's in jail. If she gets the death penalty, she won't have forever to get it published.
- She's worked in every crap restaurant in NorCal.
- [quote]She's worked in every crap restaurant in NorCal.
And at least one nice-ish one, R96. Her ex that she lived with (who gave her the gas cans) worked with her at some 4-Star restaurant in Big Sur (I think). At least that's what he testified to.
- Christ, it's over for today. At this rate it's going to be 2016 before she gets to what she did to Travis.
Oh and every altercation involves someone telling her they are going to hurt her family if she doesn't shape up, or do this, or do that. I think she's used that in three separate instances so far.
- I hate to think of what she put in people's food.
- In their continued efforts to present her as a helplessly innocent young waif, I suspect tomorrow she'll be wearing an oxford shirt with an argyle cardigan sweater.
Perhaps she'll have pig tails and braces on her teeth (if they can get them installed overnight).
I'd say she should be sucking a lollipop when she takes the stand, but that would be too suggestive.
Hopefully she is going to say that she killed these high school boyfriends too, otherwise I don't see how they can justify spending this much time on those stories from a decade ago.
- Nancy Grace's stupid head is going to explode parsing every dumb thing Jodi had to say. As much as I would enjoy seeing Nance blow up, I refuse to watch her because she just squawks over whoever she's interviewing.
- If she can't cry let her fry!
Jodi confessed to Inside Edition that no jury will ever convict her because she is "Innocent"...
Now she states her reason for saying no jury would convict her is because she had plans of suicide... ?? WTF??
- R50 You have it right, I confused her ex with the new man.
- When does the verdict come in
- r105, the trial is still going on. I was confused too when I read an earlier post that the jury was out but the poster just meant the jury was out of the room while they were having a sidebar or something. I think she is going to testify all week. She is only on 1998 or something now and has to go all the way up to 2008 so it will be awhile.
- Her testimony is the story of her life?
- God, it seems to be. It's a chronological detail of all the guys she has dated and how each of them have been at fault and threatened her, etc. It's actually pretty boring, I thought it would be better. I guess when she gets to Travis it will be better. Oh and her mom abused her and her dad called her mom a bitch, blah, blah.
- Just curious, I'm new to this case..she was arrested in 2008 and the trial just started a while ago? what took so long??/
- I wonder what took so long too, r109. He was killed in June of 2008 and she was arrested in July (I think) and has been in jail ever since.
4.5 years seems like a really long time to get a trial going.
- Her trial was supposed to start a few times and a few years ago. She kept firing her attorneys and at one point I think she was acting as her own attorney but she couldn't because it's a death penalty case and she isn't qualified.
- Nancy disGrace belongs on Fox Noise. I'm surprised her BFF, Glen Beck hasn't hired her yet. She lied about her fiance's death. She's been reprimanded by the bar so many times I'm surprised she still has her liscence. She is dumb as shit. She couldn't understand how her boy and girl weren't identical twins. She's dangerous. Look what she did to the Duke Lacrosse team. She's had people blow their brains out after talking to her. Go look at her interview with Elizabeth Smart. She's a dimwitted bully. It's shocking that anyone watches or praises her. She's a propagandist. Her relevance was over after Casey Anthony. It's horrifying that the likes of Nancy was able to prosecute on behalf of the American justice system.
- Nancy Grace has an admirable track record in the courtroom though
She has never lost a case.
- Ha, Joey Jackson is a defense attorney and even he is totally making fun of her. They are saying the cross will start on Thursday and Joey says she will probably claim "blackouts" about taking the gun and other key points. I bet she will too.
- The uncensored courtroom photos of the cock found on Travis Alexander's computer. Watch the video too!
- Geez her testimony is snooze material. I'm guessing the serene environment will change once the prosecution gets their turn.
- They're cutting the audio on tv because it's family hour and she's discussing Travis cumming in her mouth.
- OMG what?
- Jodie is testifying to the sexual encounters she had with Travis now. Penile.Vaginal.
- I know they had a lot of anal sex because I guess Mormons don't count that as "real" sex so they wouldn't really be sinning.
- [quote]I know they had a lot of anal sex because I guess Mormons don't count that as "real" sex so they wouldn't really be sinning.
- What was the real reason she killed him?
Wasn't she slashing his tires?
Was he seeing another woman?
What was the real cause, besides being an evil bitch?
- Does anyone want to see Travis' erect cock with him lying on the bed?
- This lying ass bitch...can't imagine what his family must feel listening to her. She basically said he raped her today.
- I haven't watched her today testimony yet but it doesn't surprise me. Oh and as far as r123 why she killed him, it's pretty much because he was done with her (maybe not as a fuck buddy but he was not going to marry her) and he was taking another girl to Cancun with him. She was going to try and get him to take her but when he made it clear he wasn't that into her it was tits for him.
- Let's be real, do you really think she's going to get the death penalty? She's definitely getting murder in the first degree, but it seems like everywhere, sans Texas, will give the death penalty only if the assailant is a serial killer. Being a woman makes the death penalty even more unlikely. She'll probably get 27 years to life with the possibility of the parole.
- I won't mind so much if the bitch fries just for this.
Yesterday in her testimonial walk down memory lane of every boyfriend she's ever had, she was talking about the one that studies Wicca and how she tracked down another girl that he was also interested in. Jodi was going to confront that other chick and in her story she was saying they had a mutual acquaintance, or something, that was a gay guy. She described him like this...
"He was....oh how do I say this? He's gay so kind of exaggerates and he's very emotional and very animated, so he made me laugh..."
Bitch, he may be those things, but it's not because he's gay. I'm gay and I'm not exaggerating or being very emotional or animated when I say I hope the hang you.
So it seems the cock pics that r115 linked to are the same ones she testified that she got from him on her phone. The computer expert tried to be slick by holding them up briefly when he was on the stand, but they got a fast objection and weren't allowed then. But today she could talk about them freely, apparently.
I'm wondering if they had them up on the overhead screen today while she was talking about them.
- r128, I saw that too, about how the gay guy was super emotional or something because he was gay, I was laughing thinking she should just shut it before she offended someone.
I do think she will get the death penalty and I think her attorneys know it and that is why this case has been put off so much and for so long. That Juan Martinez guy is a good prosecutor and he wouldn't ask for the dp if he didn't think it was merited or that he wouldn't get it. She is screwed.
- Okay, I want to ask something that I just saw on another site: that boyfriend she had when she was younger that she said was obsessed with her and committed suicide -- are we sure she didn't kill him? The media isn't asking this.
- The female Drew Peterson? Except he was better at it.
- Drew Peterson never admitted to doing it. This is a totally different situation. This woman is one for the books. None of it makes any sense. The crime was so fucking gruesome, I don't know how a girl her size could do so much damage. Why take pictures?! You would normally see a person with all sorts of former psychological issues, trouble with the law, violence, etc. None of that here.
BTW, she was stalking this guy too, slashing his tires repeatedly, and shit.
- I don't think she is "crazy" crazy but she is twisted for sure. I know she was stalking him and I think she was basically pissed that he didn't want her anymore. She went so far as to convert to Mormonism and get a job with him and he still didn't want her. It was like an "if I can't have you nobody can" thing. I think she was pissed and that's why she killed him like that. As for the pics, she was always taking pictures and it could have been like a souvenir of the last time she was with her dreamy Travis. She did have the wherewithal to make up that dumb ninja story so she knew what she did was wrong and she had also tried to do cash only stuff to not leave a trail. She thinks that she is way better looking and more charming than she is and that people are dumber than her and will believe her but I don't think so. It's also got to be offensive to real DV victims because she did have to drive 1000 miles to see him. She wasn't broke and stuck living with him and saddled with kids or anything. She won't get off.
- I can't wait for the prosecutor to have a go at her. This is so dull listening to her just get to talk all day long about how innocent and sexually naive and pure she is. All obviously bullcrap.
If he's really feeling like trying to get a rise out of Jodi, he might ask your question, r130. That'd be awesome.
For every instance where her attorney asked her if Travis ejaculated and where he shot his load (not relevant to ANYTHING relating to his murder) during cross I want the prosecutor to ask if she also had orgasms and where her pussy juices drained to.
I mean really...how is he not objecting to all of this nonsense and shortening up the proceedings? I'm hoping it's just some master plan to keep her talking so that he has more ammunition to come back and sting her with.
- r14, go wash your shitty ass
- R134 I think the prosecutor is giving her enough rope to hang herself, Can't wait till he drills her, her flow will be completely different.
- r134, I think he (Martinez the prosecutor) is just wanting her to keep talking. He is taking a shit load of notes so I'm sure he will have some fun cross questions for her. People like her that think they are smart and charming don't know when to shut up and they talk themselves into a lot of trouble thinking that people are fascinated with them and that is why they are letting them talk, really it's because no one can believe the level of narcissism and are waiting for them to hang themselves.
Watch Martines tomorrow, you will see he is writing a lot of stuff down. He must be happy that she is going on like this. I bet her lawyers aren't though. How do you stop a narcissistic bitch like her from talking about herself though?
- I was out done when she trying to explain grinding.
- Does anyone know who the guy is that sits between Travis' two sisters in the audience? (Or at least the past two days he's been between them.) I'm assuming he's married to one of them.
He's kind of cute, in a safe & boring way.
- Yeah r138...the Provo Push!
Worst testimony ever!
- The best part is that you just know this deluded twat thinks she has the jurors in her pocket. Beth or Jean said that she smiled at like 2 or 3 of the women in the jury and they smiled back at her. I can just hear her telling her lawyers how much they "connect" with her or some such bullshit.
She is in for a shock though. I am sure it's pretty easy to have a nicely flowing narrative and to be calm when no one is questioning you or antagonizing you. I don't think she will be so mellow when it's time for cross.
- Laughed My Ass Off Last Night, When Nancy Grace Kept Saying "Blow Job" & "Blow Jobs" Hysterical
- I think the prosecutor is making a big mistake,though I know what he's doing, letting this drag on & on. But it could backfire as he is letting the jury sort of bond with her,wherein they could never give her the death penalty.
She had to have done this in a rage (where would she get the strength to drag the body),when even her last ditch attempt to convince him to not go to cancun with the other woman failed. She is a controlling,convincing, lying piece of crap !!
- This is not even the normal behavior of a woman scorned. She shows absolutely no emotion, and at the same time doesn't seem totally out of it either. This is just one messed up disturbing case that should be studied years from now. Even she can't concoct a reason for actually doing the amount of carnage she created. All this is an afterthought. People who kill people over seeing other people don't act like this, even when they do kill their partner over it. There's no big lead up to this that we know of, and judging by her behavior, I doubt there was one to begin with. This is truly a sociopath. Did you guys see the uncensored crime scene photos, the photos of his sliced neck?
Did she slice him the way that she did to make the 'ninja story' seem credible -- even though the story was insane on so many levels? The entire thing is just so unfathomable, and she admits to doing it. Hell, this is the type of crime that someone could actually buy her having nothing to do with, if she went to trial pleading innocence. The crime scene is so brutal, so over-the-top, that when you look at her, you go, "How?" Jurors might have thought, 'Well, she could have had something to do with it, but maybe she had help, or got someone to do it for her.' She could have walked away a free woman. She actually admits to being able to pull all of this off all on her own. Not only is that shocking, it's just as shocking that someone in her situation would dare take the stand. That's insane!!
Her interrogation shows what kind of a nut she is: "I didn't kill any of my other ex-boyfriends, so I couldn't have killed him.' 'If I did kill Travis, I'd want the death penalty.'
Something is really messed up about this chick. The shit they said Casey Anthony's father did to her -- I'd expect stuff like that to come out in this case. That ain't happening.
- Nancy Grace is a lunatic. Never watching that bitch.
- [quote]If he's really feeling like trying to get a rise out of Jodi, he might ask your question, [R130]. That'd be awesome.
That would never happen. Not only would that help her, the prosecution would be reprimanded beyond belief.
I'd love for the media to do its job and back up all of these wild claims of hers.
- In case anyone didn't hear - no court Thursday or Friday this week.
Trial resumes on Monday.
- This was a ritual killing. Straight up Satanic shit.
- r148 are you serious? I heard she was Wiccan but it seems to me like she just flipped out.
- I'm not gonna be IGNORED, Travis!
Alex Forrest aka Jodi Arias
- Wicca isn't Satanic. I love that Jane Valez-Mitchell doesn't understand that.
- So she says that the day of her baptism, he took her home and had anal sex with her. I love my generation... everything non-vaginal is not biblical sex. She was asked if she said no. She replies, no. See, this is what sociopaths do. They make the jurors feel that a person who was lying would say, yes, because that would help her case. She's then asked if she enjoyed it. She said that it started off painful.
For Valentine's Day, he sent her little boys' underwear (Spider-Man)? WTF?
- Why no court today?
- The jury is off for the weekend but they are having court with just Jodi and her attorneys and the prosecution. I think I just heard on Tru that there was a robbery in Phoenix and the psych who did the eval on Jodi had his/her laptop stolen that had the eval on it. Am I crazy or did anyone hear this?
- Jodi is Alex Forrest. She is really showing her true colors today. She is telling about a convention they were at (she, Travy, and the pre-paid legal team) and how some chick was drunk and hanging on Trav and how she videod it on her phone just to "show the girl later how drunk she was" right..that chick is lucky Jodi didn't kill her too. She says how she cried and was sad about it. Let her keep talking, she comes off like a delusional weirdo.
- "With all this talk about blowjobs, the real question is, are they blowing the case."
Lawyer on "Jane Valez-Mitchell"
- Previous boyfriend said that Jodi took his dick up her ass.
- So basically, she knows she's going to get time because she admits to doing it, this is just to see how much time she gets right? She can't be let go. I understand that time served will play a part, but she's going no where in the end. This is almost like a plea.
- Not necessarily, she is copping to it but saying it is self-defense so she may have an idea she will just walk free. She did say no jury would convict her and we know she didn't say it because she was going to be dead, she may really think that. Vinnie is saying how it seems like a mistake she is on the stand but that she wouldn't be dissuaded because "she loves to talk and she especially loves to talk about Travis". Imagine being in the clink with her, she rhapsodizes about him constantly. She was saying how one time in a hotel lobby she was tired so he put a pillow on his lap and let her put her head down on it. You know she plays back shit like that constantly as she thinks about how much he loved her before the evil other women stepped in.
- Jodi is referring to Bill Clinton.
- Jodi is the most pathological lier ever! So well rehersed. Can't wait to see the prosecutor take her apart piece by piece despite her obvious belief she can handle his questions. Unbelievable egotist! Still incredible how she is going to try to show how he "attacked" her and she "defended" herself. Given his size versus hers, had he attacked her we wouldn't be here today since he could easily have taken her out if he had not been stabbed first and ultimately fatal by Jodi, unsuccessfully trying to get away from her frenzied attack that killed him in less than two minutes. She had the knife and gun in hand since she could never have gotten to it had he attacked her.
- I feel really bad for Travis. i don't doubt that he was probably kind of a jerk to her and using her for sex, he was a 24 year old guy. But jesus, she is really flaming him. Painting him as a rapist and abuser, I can see why his sister is so pissed. Not to mention the less than flattering pictures of him naked and dead. I would be livid if I were a family member. I am glad that Jane and Drew (and maybe Nance, I don't watch her) are having his friends on their shows to refute the shit she is spewing. I don't even think she thinks she will get off, she just loves talking about this guy. What a freak.
- How did a fat guy like Travis land someone like Jodi?
- 24 years old? Wasn't he like 30?
- r164 you're right, he was 30, I don't know where I got 24 from.
- They verified that those photos found on his harddrive were his penis. They were allowed in. It was hilarious how they described that the photos were enlarged 50x.
- R166 See, that's what I am talking about! Will the shame and humiliation for this guy never end? Imagine your legacy is tiny meat and phone sex about twelve year old girls tied to trees or whatever the scenario was. I cringe for this guy and I am a girl.
- That wasn't tinymeat, princess.
- r168, no not the picture from the laptop, the dead body pic doesn't look very big. On the site with the body pics a lot of guys are slamming him, calling him fat with a little dick and wondering how he got Jodi to begin with. I feel bad for him posthumously.
- r169, they're showing the photos he sent her on the phone. Aren't they the ones just of the cock? I think I'm getting confused here. I saw the one of him on the bed. Wasn't that from the night before she killed him?
- r170, sorry, I don't know that they were on the laptop and not the phone, I just assumed. The pics from the bed are from the night before, including Jodi in pigtails, etc. I guess the erect cock pic was one he sent her. The dead body pics are the ones where he doesn't look slim or hung or good at all, because he had been brutally killed! But that doesn't stop some guys from ragging on his body and calling him names. I would think Jodi would want to protect her soulmate from this but I guess not. She's fucking ecstatic talking about the first time he called her and the dates they went on. This bitch will never shut up unless they reign her in. You can bet she will write a book about this because this is her life definer.
- Did you see him alive with his cock presented on the bed? He must have waxed his pubes.
- Yeah I saw that everyone was saying he shaved or waxed, to make his cock look bigger is why they think he did it.
- His bed pic made him uncut. He wasn't though, I don't think. There's weird vids of him on Youtube.
- I think Jodi made him cut. r174 did you see the death pics? I want to say they are on best gore, someone here linked them, you should check them out.
- Was she known to be such a liar before all of this happened? This case is addictive.
- I don't know if she was always a liar. She clearly enjoys fanciful stories if she was willing to convert to Mormonism right away for some guy. The case is fascinating because she seems to have no self-awareness. I know she comes off well on some levels but as far as the obsessive weird way she talks about Travis, I don't think she knows what a freak she sounds like.
- No previous history of violence. How? Not possible.
- r178 I believe it, everyone has to start somewhere. If you ever watch "Snapped" most of those women have no violence in their past either and if they weren't arrested and continued to act out, their killings would have been the first to establish a violent pattern.
- r179, I still think she had something to do in her previous boyfriend's so-called suicide.
- The girl was stalking him. She planned the entire murder. She didn't just snap.
- Do you know the name of the ex who killed himself? I am not seeing anything about it and all the testimony they are showing is stuff I have already seen. That would be interesting if she killed him too.
- I guess this all means Travis isn't getting his own planet.
- When is the cross starting? I can't take more of her ramblings at the hands of her indulgent lawyers. Even Juan looks bored and doesn't seem to be taking notes anymore.
The attached site has the uncensored pics of both Travis and Jodi on his bed shortly before the masked ninjas broke in...er...I mean before he randomly attacked her and she had no choice but to stab him, slit his throat, and shoot him in the head.
You can see her fake titties and her meat curtains....Not Safe For Work....or for people who get grossed out by seeing pussy lips.
- Thanks for the link r185. Did you read the comments? Ha, someone said her twat looks like Zoidberg's face, it's true. I don't think she is that cute to begin with but the vertical smile picture is pretty bad.
- I like the comparison to a pastrami sandwich.
- I can now see why Trav was more apt to want to do anal.
- Is all that extra protuding vajayjay and such the female equivalent of a man with a big peen?
Will the lesbians want to get their mouth all over that or maybe make it a screensaver on their computer or smartphone?
- Someone called into HLN, and said they thought he was being held at gunpoint in the shower. That seems right to me. He's not smiling, his arms are crossed over his chest. The one where he's looking straight into the camera looks sad. He seems scared. I'm a lesbian, and I dated some chick just like this. Psychotic. I was afraid to close my eyes at night. No shit. They even look alike. I can spot crazy a mile away, and this girl is nuts.
- r190 if that is true then it sucks. I was hoping he didn't suffer and wasn't too scared. How horrible. I know his sister talked about the case on fb around last year, I wonder if she still does and if she thinks he was held at gunpoint. I know she fucking hates Jodi and this was before the abuse accusations were thrown around. She must be so livid right now.
- Don't say cross. It's like saying bio mom. Stop being trash, and say the full term!
- [quote]Do you know the name of the ex who killed himself?
I'm not sure if this is right, r182, but I think she said that Bobby Juarez was the boy she was dating when she dropped out of high school and left her parents home. He's the one that didn't have a social security card for some reason (illegal alien?). She moved in with him and later on he slit his wrists, but I think he survived and was institutionalized.
He was before she met the Costa Rican boyfriend Victor Arias, but I think when she came back from Costa Rica, she hooked up with Bobby again, or something like that.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't remember hearing about an ex that actually killed himself, just the one that attempted it.
- So this girl stabbed, shot AND slit the guy's throat?
Was Travis some kind of Mormon Rasputin?
- I always get a kick out of a murderer's lawyers sticking a pair of fake eyeglasses on the murderer! Give me a break.
Do these smarmy lawyers honestly think a jury is stupid enough to believe that the eyeglasses somehow make the criminal appear innocent?!!! Same with putting a suit and eyeglasses on a murderous thug. Give the jury a little credit!
In the "48 Hours" interview clip, she looks a bit like Kate Beckinsdale. A movie role for Kate perhaps?
- Jodi's holes both look well used in R185's linked photos. Did the jury see these pictures? Jodi seems so innocent, and Mormon like in them.
It seemed like she wanted a relationship, and Travis wanted a fuck rag/doll/buddy.
I don't know why she didn't just move on and find someone else who wanted a "real" relationship, but for some reason Jodi was obsessed with this guy.
It's not cool to lead someone on, but Alexander didn't do that. Even if he did, he didn't deserve to be slaughtered!
- Has she mentioned the "attack" yet that caused her to defend herself? The time between she was shooting pics of him in the shower to the camera dropping and her dragging his body wasn't very long was it?? How did she get a knife and a gun during the supposed attack? The last I heard was about him bending her over and doing her up the butt..
- r197 I think she said he got mad at her because she dropped the camera, because it was his camera, and tried to grab it from her or something and possibly pulled her neck. Good call on where the knife came from, I don't know.
- Continuing to have sex with someone you're not interested in (especially when you know that person is interested in YOU) is likely to send mixed messages.
- So what r199? That doesn't justify getting shot in the head and nearly decapitated.
- I never said it did, r200. Of course his behavior doesn't justify murder, but I can see how it would set an unstable person off.
- r197, The defense has previously mentioned that during their fuck session Travis used some drapery cord-style rope to tie Jodi up. They purposely mentioned he used a knife to cut the proper length of rope which is how they introduced the idea that a knife would be available in the bedroom.
That must have been during their opening statements because nobody else that has been on the stand so far would have been able to testify to that. Anyway, Jodi will back that up when they get to that point in her story, obviously.
So far I haven't heard them even mention how there was a gun present though. Of course we know that her grandparents' home was broken into a few weeks before the murder and a handgun of the same caliber as the murder weapon was stolen from their gun cabinet. But that hasn't been told to the jury yet.
Since the photographs show him going from normal naked shower pic to stabbed and bloody in one minute, they will be challenged to explain how the knife went from the bedroom where they allegedly used it to cut rope to being handy in the bathroom for her to reach for it and stab him while his instant rage from her dropping the camera overtook him.
And then the further challenge will be to explain why she had a gun with her and why shooting him in the head was necessary after she'd already stabbed him over 20 times and slit his throat from ear to ear.
- Not to mention her changing stories.
- I always throw a gun and a knife in my bag before a hot date!
- I wonder if she could have gotten away with this if nor for the photos and the fact that his friends immediately told the cops it was her. I don't think she could have because she even called the cops to offer help and insinuate herself into the investigation. Don't you think that if they hadn't suspected her she would have made them suspicious with her constant talking about him? Just curious about how it could have played out.
- when does the prosecution get a crack at her?
- I can't wait for the prosecution to rip her a new asshole.
Jodi Arias will then be known as the 4-Hole-Wonder.
- She's CRAZY. And not the kind that could save her from these charges. Here's what she wrote on his obituary online:
June 14, 2008
Travis, what can I say to you that I haven't already said? I am so grateful for the endless hours of conversation and amazing experiences we've shared. Thank you for having the courage to share the Gospel with me. You've had one of the greatest impacts on my life, and have forever altered it's course for the better. I love you, my friend, and always will.
~ Jodi Arias, Yreka, California
And let's not forget her MySpace memorial to Travis.
- Wow, r208, I can't believe that shit is still online. I imagine the prosecution may want to use it for some reason but that has to be another thing that drives his family crazy. I wonder why she was so obsessed with him. He just looks like an average guy and according to her, and I think him in an e-mail, she wasn't that into sex.
- I hope that once the prosecutor has his turn at her we find out what really happened on the day of the murder. Did he think she left and was surprised in the shower? She is nuts and this guy had a horrible death. I would just like to know how it started and the true story. Is she crazy enough to keep her cool when the prosecutor has his go at her. she has that quiet demeanor and was used and abused her whole life to hear her tell it, When you see the interviews before the trial when she talks about the ninja killers and says that no jury will convict her it's a different person. This girl seems unable to tell the truth and is always a victim.
Are her lawyers court appointed? The male lawyer drives me nuts with the " okay " at the end of almost everything Arias says.
I would like to know what her mothers thoughts are on all this testimony.
- Her lawyers are private attorneys being paid for by the state. Kind of confusing.
Juan Martinez, the prosecutor,has prosecuted many death penalty cases over his 25 year career and works by himself.
Do you know the reputation of her lawyers? They are not very impressive but maybe they are better than they seem?
- R212 She's probably scraping the bottom of the barrel for lawyers now because she has fired at least 2, which is why the trial has been pushed back so much. I think at one point she was even representing herself but she was advised not to since it's a death penalty case. I can imagine many of the lawyers in Phoenix have heard of her or met her and know she's a fucking crazy pain in the ass.
- Shes definitely cray cray!
- [quote]The one where he's looking straight into the camera looks sad. He seems scared.
It's haunting. He looks sad and frightened. He seems to know what she will do. That shot disturbed me more than the gory ones.
- OP, watch Good Morning, America. They're covering the story in breathless detail.
- I posted a link to the shower sequence photos at r12. To me there is no way that Travis knew she was there until the end of the sequence, and yes, she had the gun and/or the knife on her to freak him out. He is sitting in the shower alive at 5:30:30 and then there is clearly something going on 44 seconds later as an accidental photo is taken. Then at 5:32:16 another accidental photo documents her slitting his throat. I can hardly wait to hear Jodi's explanation of how she felt her life was threatened by a guy sitting in a shower during the 44 second span.
[quote]Accused murderer Jodi Arias' effort to defend herself in the death of her ex-boyfriend will take a dramatic turn today: she is expected to testify that Travis Alexander was sexually aroused by pictures of young boys.
- r220, what a bitch! I don't think I believe that but even if I did, what the hell does it have to do with anything? Is that why she killed him, so he wouldn't molest a boy? Gimme a break. This chick is soemthing else with her defense. I can't wait till Martinez gets at her.
- Jane Velez is going to have Jodi's new "male friend" (he claims he's not a bf) on tonight. That should be worth watching. I guess she is going with the defense that she banged him to keep him off little boys. I really hope no jurors are buying this.
- I thought she was using the little boy angle to say he became abusive when she found this out. I hope the jury is not buying this bs.
- It's curious that Alexander was a 30 year old unmarried Mormon. I imagine it's quite uncommon.
- Her defense was weak as it is but this whole "looking at pics of young boys" angle is going to sink her. She's trying to buy as much time as possible taking the jury on an endless chase. Juan Martinez is going to rip her to shreds.
- Jodi is making a sad face and looking down a lot as she talks about how Travis cheated on her but I think what she is really doing is showing how obsessed and stalkery she was.
- Can't wait for the prosecution questioning, where she will only be able to answer yes & no & not be able to embellish every single answer, which is a sure sign of a liar. They always add & add to make their story more believable
- I watched the video someone posted earlier and she is goingon and on about the masked killers and her incredible escape. She then drove off and of course never called the policer. The interviewer seemed incredulous ( this was before she finally said that she killed him ) I hope she does not get a lesser sentence. Travis seems like a douche but she kept putting up with being used for sex. If he really happened to be abusive she is the one that decided to drive 5 hours to see him, took nude pics and never took the opportunity to escape his abuse while he was in the shower. Instead she corners him in the shower where it was probably impossible to fight back. I really hope that the jury sees through this. She should not be out on street. Unreal that she has a new man in jail.
- She is crying now as she recalls how he once told her to "move to fucking Antarctica and never call me again." Oh Jodi, did you not learn from Dr. Maya Angelou to believe people when they show you who they are?
- I like when they show Travis' family while this crazy bitch is spinning her tales on the stand.
That thin sister with the streaked hair, I think her name is Tanisha, has such an ice cold look about her. If looks could kill, she'd have Jodi spontaneously combust right there on the stand.
- r230 I know, I was just thinking that. Jodi, you in danger, gurl!
- That sister is scary! I hate that she is dragging him through the mud and his family has to hear this. I hope the prosecutor rips her apart.
- Wow Jodi is really going for it. Now Travis has broken her finger and she has a hideously mangled digit to show for it. Travis' family could kill her from their glares alone!
- She would never think of calling the cops on Travis and his abuse because he had issues from his horrible childhood, and it would be treachery. However she is OK with stabbing him 29 times and slitting his throat from ear to ear.
- It's hard for her to remember some things as she just made this shit up a month ago. Poor dear.
- She pretends to cry, but only has crocodile tears to show for it, this girl is making this all up on the fly. Hope she fries.
- I hope this girl has a very good memory. She'll need it for the cross examination.
- Travis' family reacting to the "little boy" testimony.
- So now he's a pedophile, whacking off to photos of little boys (remember, he wanted to do her up the ass all the time), and raped her in her sleep. Now you know why she ended last week with the little boys' underwear, something, as a viewer on JVM brought up, was done in the film, "Charlie's Angels." Jodi was wearing "Property of Travis Alexander" t-shirts and underwear. Proof that she was being held against her will. Travis' friend doesn't even believe he made the t-shirts.
This chick needs to be locked away and studied. There is still no reasonable explanation as to why she would do what she did. I've never seen anything like it. Maybe you would shoot someone in a fit of anger, but not hacking away like your a butcher, and then popping bullets, not to mention doing it while someone's in the shower, and taking photographs.
She has no history of violence, and there's still no evidence that anything had gone wrong in their relationship. There's no concrete proof that he was ever leaving her, or something dramatically shifted towards the end.
I'm telling you, that ex-boyfriend, if he existed, that committed suicide over her -- they should start looking into that case again. She probably killed him herself.
- Is the rest of his family Mormon?
- It's disgusting that a defense can make up any old shit they want as did Casey Anthony and her father molesting her. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty. It's Arizona, they love executions. Not as much as in Texas but they do kill em.
- I doubt she'll receive death.
- Anyone remember the end for Nicole Kidman's character in 'To Die For' ??
Ooooooohhhh, Jodi, girl .......
- r243, bet they've seen it too. I thought about that the other day. Somebody cue up "Season of the Witch"; Travis' sisters want to go ice skating out at the pond!
- Sex tape played in court.
- Did not get to see or hear coverage today. Anything significant happen after phone sex tape played?
- r246 I don't think anything happened after the sex tape. They were breaking in with Dorner stuff and then I think it was adjourned. Tomorrow is more closed hearings in the morning and then the jury is back in at 11.
- Travis didn't know about KY.
For a sex tape, it was pretty lame. He didn't even say 'cum.' He said 'orgasm.'
"I want to tie you to a tree and put it up your ass."
That statement doesn't even make sense. They said that he had said he wanted to put a tree branch up her ass. He didn't say that on the tape. Was he talking about his cock?
- R247 Thanks! (I also just found a play by play blog on HLN)
- Travis didn't sound exceptionally smart on the tapes and Jodi sounded like a total phony. Her cutesy laughing and use of the word "booty", gag. I loved reading the transcripts where they had everything wrong and not making sense. I also loved how the word "fuck" kept getting through and Ryan would apologize profusely only to have it happen again. Good times on HLN.
- Some strange stuff: On that nudie pic of Travis when he's on bed & has his right arm up giving the peace sign..if you look closely he has gray duct tape wrapped around his bicep/right arm! wth.
Then in the shower pic of him with his arms pulled in front of him you can vaguely see a red mark on his bicep where duct tape was...
- I still wonder how she overpowered him enough to inflict all of the damage. All I hear are cuts on her hands that detectives say happen when you stab someone. Is it possible that she drugged him.
- The sex tape.
How could you not laugh in court hearing this? Thank god I wasn't there. I would have been held in contempt.
- She probably had a gun pointed at him. I dunno though. She would have had to catch him by surprise.
- After the tape stopped playing (and that was the most boring 'phone sex' I can imagine), they lawyer basically had her summarize the specific incidents where Travis demonstrated violence. She retold about the choking incident and added a story about how he took a backhanded swipe at her head once while they were driving.
I'm not sure I believe the choking happened at all - unless it was them experimenting sexually. It's obvious that they enjoyed a healthy sex life.
And the backhanded swing at her head I could see him doing if she was bugging the shit out of him while he's driving - like poking at him or trying to get in his pants while he's driving.
She really seems like she's be an annoying girlfriend...but of course for the most part she makes herself sound like a subservient geisha girl who only did as she was told.
She was doing more sexual talk/teasing on that phone call than he was. And I thought the point was to demonstrate how cruel he was to her, but there was nothing like that on the chat at all. He was even a good guy and kept listening to her babble on about dumb shit after he'd (apparently) shot his load. If he was just using her for sex, wouldn't he have immediately hung up and gone to sleep?
- He was taking a shower when she attacked him. Think the movie Psycho.
- r256, she took photos before. Not the same thing.
- They are playing the tapes again and it is obvious, even if you didn't hear him say it, that he just want to fuck Jodi and have a fuckfest with her. She had sex with him and yes, he wanted it but he couldn't then marry someone like that. It's pretty dickish but it's true and I am sure she knew that. She maybe thought she could bring him back around to liking her but she couldn't and she was pissed and killed him.
- I think Jodi kind of screwed herself with the phone sex tapes. It is clear that he is kind of half asleep, not really caring and she is egging him on. And again, she called him, not the other way around. If they were together and she was broke and had no options but to stay with him for lack of funds, then it would make more sense that he attacks and she kills him. But she has to go out of her way to even talk to him, he's not calling and visiting her. The tapes show that he wasn't totally gung ho about all this, just following her lead and going off of what she says.
- Is anyone watching today? Jodi's fat lawyer is asking for a mistrial, again. He is also asking that the death penalty be taken off the table.
- Is there an estimate for when the cross examination will begin?
- r261 I don't know. Before Beth Karras said by Thursday but this longwinded bitch is still only up to her and Travis' breakup and she's been on the stand for 6 days.
- Today on In Session they said that the couple of times she slashed his tires (and another girl's tires that Travis was dating?) isn't going to be allowed in testimony. I think they said it's because there was no police record filed for any of those incidents.
So I'm wondering why Travis never reported that to the cops, especially if it happened more than once. If he knew she was even a little crazy, and he was telling his friends that she was stalking him, why not take the opportunity to get a police record started when she slashes his tires?
- r263 I don't know why he didn't report her. I imagine he was like Dan Broderick and thought she was nutty but harmless.
Have you seen any of testimony today? Juan is starting to get pretty indignant with Nurmi (?) and the two are sniping at each other. I'm sure Juan is warming up for his shot at Jodi.
- Geez. They rehearse the shit out of this testimony ahead of time, so why can't they just mark the page she's looking for with a damn sticky note so the court doesn't wait 10 minutes for her to flip through pages?!?!?!?!
- R265, I'm starting to think that stalling is the entire point of her testimony. She's loving every minute of being the center of attention and once that's over... well. The next part won't be nearly so much fun.
- Can't the judge order the defense to be prepared rather than spending court time wandering through transcripts, etc?
- Agree with you r266.
I'm no trial expert, but I'm guessing defense attorneys think it plays better to the jury to make it look like she isn't expecting any of these questions and is coming up with responses on the fly.
So they can't come in with the pages all marked up with their notes because it takes away the spontaneous perception they want to give off and lets the jury clearly know that every question and answer has already been planned and calculated ahead of time.
That's just a guess. But I'm sure at least some jury members are sophisticated enough to be aware that it's all pretense and they rehearse ahead of time.
There was that brief couple of minutes when the prosecutor got to directly question her when about that one email and how it was directly sent to Travis while she was saying Travis was accidentally cc'd on it (or whatever the argument was). It seemed like she clearly wasn't prepared for him to be directly questioning her yet, and her eyes were wider than I've seen them any of these other days. I wish that could have gone on longer.
- Does anybody have to pay music royalties because of the songs that Travis and Jodi sang on their recorded phone call? Maybe the record companies can sue whoever is responsible for the live feed of the trial because their songs were used.
By the way, what was her explanation for having recorded their phone conversation in the first place? That doesn't just happen.
- She is quiet bright and articulate. She has a great voice, too.
and she's a murderess
- r270 I agree, she is definitely bright and definitely brighter than Travis, which will probably be her downfall. She could have outwitted and "escaped" his clutches but she kept going back to him.
- Let's not forget that she was hounded her exBF/friend for the gas cans and looking to purchase the gun when she recorded that phone call. I believe that phone call was recorded a week before the murder. It's funny that she didn't record any other phone calls.
And, Jane Velez Mitchel is scandalize so easy. I'm sure she's trying to be partial, but come on. Kinky sex is kinky sex. Have these people ever heard of role play? Jody was a fuck buddy to Travis and nothing more. Jody knew what the score was.
- I think another problem with her talking so much is that she is blaming Travis for EVERYTHING, even things that are not bad. She said he wanted her to record the phone calls, he wanted her to wear this outfit, etc. It comes off as total bullshit because clearly this girl can make decisions. Why would recording the phone call be a bad thing that had to be his fault? Her explaining everything away by saying it was his fault is really overkill, though overkill and her go hand in hand so it shouldn't be surprising.
- Where the fuck did these Jodi fans come from? Bright? The dumb bitch said that ninjas killed him. She then claims self defense, rape, and all of this other shit, and she contradicts herself on the stand. She didn't even finish high school. She's a dummy.
- [quote]Today on In Session they said that the couple of times she slashed his tires (and another girl's tires that Travis was dating?) isn't going to be allowed in testimony. I think they said it's because there was no police record filed for any of those incidents.
Neither was Travis' supposed pedophilia.
- The phone call was on May 10th and the murder was June 4.
Jodi claimed that Travis wanted her to record the phone sex. So how come he never says anything about it, if it was so important to him and she had screwed it up in the past? "Did you to check that the record button is on?"
From Headline News: At some point in May or June of 2008, Arias said she suggested again to Alexander he needed to get professional help for his attraction to children.
"I didn’t really want to bring it up anymore. But, after he made that comment about sodomzing a little girl on the phone. I was concerned that he wasn’t making any progress. So, I sent him another of a little stack of pamphlets that I had," said Arias.
He said she sounded like a 12 year old girl having her first orgasm. He didn't say he wanted to sodomize a 12 year old girl.
Here is the blog post she wrote on May 10th:
"I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment. It makes me want to wander this entire globe in search of this in-definitive "something," that I might suddenly experience it, discover it, or some other sort of quickening to quench this thirst I've had since childhood. I want to search it out in evergreen forests, fields of tall, golden grass, desert sands, moonlit nights, in the eyes of other children of God, in the eyes of every living creature. It is in all of these things, yet it is fleeting. It has the power and potential to move me to tears in a matter of seconds. It gives life a meaning often realized only in night time dreams; that elusive, intangible fulfillment that permeates the the images played out by one's subconscious right before it fades into oblivion, as full consciousness begins to settle in.
Yet somehow, I don't believe that all of the wandering in the world will lead me to its attainment. Somehow, I know it's right here inside of me. This yearning I have is perhaps the yearning for it to explode into expression. To be fully expressed would be would mean ultimate gratification."
- [quote]She could have outwitted and "escaped" his clutches
- [quote]Jodi claimed that Travis wanted her to record the phone sex.
She comes up with the most nonsensical bullshit. Has she been tested for retardation, because I truly believe she is slow. She shows all the signs.
- He seemed like a Mormon douche to me and a lousy lay. Bad and lazy at phone sex, too. He should not have led her on and just used her for sex--especially, if he had an indication she was off. It is not cool toy or play with a person's heart.
That being said, she is really, really crazy and had a lot of anger (and strength!) when she brutally murdered him.
Her manner is so controlled and she is getting off on being on the stand because she is so into herself. A highly sexed, insane murderer and a better actress than Eva Longoria.
She will be found guilty no doubt. No one is going to let a Casey Anthony happen.
- The prosecutor getting warmed up for cross examination. Jodi is skeered!
- [quote]And, Jane Velez Mitchel is scandalize so easy. I'm sure she's trying to be partial
I imagine she is trying to be impartial but her attempts to empathize with Jodi's "obsession" tonight were silly. She even quoted a Calvin Klein ad.
Jane Velez-Mitchell is sincere and well-intentioned but the dizzy dyke has promoted her "War on Women" theme for so long, at times it leads her astray.
Whatever one thinks of Grace, she has no gender bias.
- Someone on IN Session mentioned that some people believe Jodi already planned to murder him when the sex tape was made. Possibly using the tape against him as she is doing now ( although I think it's backfiring on her ) he seems like a jerk but she knew she was being used and hung around.
The lies just roll off her tongue
- The difference between Jodi Arias and Casey Anthony is that there was no physical evidence of Casey killing Caley. Obviously, not so here. I feel awful for Travis and Jodi's families having to hear all the details.
- Damn, damn, damn! The judge is out till Tuesday. This sucks, I really wanted Juan to have a crack at Jodi this week. I'm sure Jodi's voice is ringing in her ears and I can understand why she wants a break but she is kind of a shitty judge to begin with for letting that self-indulgent twat have so much time to talk.
- [quote]"I didn’t really want to bring it up anymore. But, after he made that comment about sodomzing a little girl on the phone. I was concerned that he wasn’t making any progress. So, I sent him another of a little stack of pamphlets that I had," said Arias.
So there is "You might be a pedophile" literature out there?
- Ha r285, I bet it was just those fucking Mormon church tracts. She seemed to get pretty into the LDS stuff and I'm sure he was wishing he had never introduced it.
- That sex call was a total setup. Out of ALL the supposed sex calls, only this very one was recorded, why you ask? The answer is in the way she turned it around on Travis, clearly giving him credit for all the sex fantasy shit, thus proving with the tape now, she only did this sick stuff for him
- God, Jodi is just so jealous. Her talking about Deanna and how she came over and locked herself in Travy's room, you know she was seething about that. She said she had heard bad things about her from Travis. Sure you did, hon. I am betting that Deanna heard some crazy shit about you too. What is the point of this? That Travis was using all these chicks for sex and driving them all crazy? She is losing it and I bet the jurors are really tired of her stories.
- And why didn't Juan object to the phrasing of her sloppy attorney asking if the shaking (in fear or whatever) began before or after the beatings started? Fuck that, I would be out of my seat like a shot if I were him. She didn't even say there were beatings, did she? I thought she just said he slapped her and twisted her finger once. I really hate her lawyer and hope everyone sees through him.
- Too bad that the fact she sliced his tires is inadmissible. She says she did not mindthatbhe dated other women. BS.
It was mentioned that when her parents spoke to the investigator they told him that Jodi was a problem child. Ran away from home etc.... I hope that is brought out. When she testified it was "poor me, I have been abused my entire life"
She chose to put up with his behavior ( and I don't think it was a bad as she says) and this sex tape was a setup.
- Who is this mentor guy and why should we take him seriously? Clearly he wants to fuck the girl. And who really cares that she was visibly shaking in front of the mentor? Like that couldn't be an act. I agree that the sex tape was a set-up, and a bad one at that since he didn't seem to be that into it and would barely even curse.
- Travis' two sisters and brother look like the Adams Family ... creepy. How could Jodi even be attracted to Travis in the first place? She's way smarter, more attractive and sophisticated than he. He seems like an uneducated frat boy douche.
- Are his parents alive? They were crystal meth addicts so he obviously had a very bad childhood. The siblings are in the courtroom but we never hear anything about the parents.
- Both of Travis' parents are dead, r293. I've heard that on the TV coverage, but I never heard how they died.
- You are so wrong for that R287...now that song with her name is stuck in my head.
- To follow the trial while I'm at work I actually follow the #jodiarias hashtag on Twitter (I know, I know...). I wasn't aware that the judge had called in sick - what the fuck, they seem to be in session for about 5 hours per day, two days per week. Anyhow, someone posted under that hashtag a photo of Travis' neck wound. And not from a distance, from directly below his chin, full on. Thanks a lot, mydeathspace.
For Jodi to have inflicted that kind of injury is very difficult to comprehend. And yet she did it. How fucked can you get.
- I wish we could bump the judge. She is out until Tuesday. I swear she is on Jodi's side. From letting her talk incessantly to giving her more practice time now. She sucks.
- How is Nancy Grace still on the air? What a fucking embarrassment, and disgrace to the legal system. She should have been disbarred. She's been in trouble with them so many frigging times. Southern white trash.
- She is pretty horrible. She has a show of the Jodi trial every Friday where she sums up all that has happened that week and I always record it but I just can't bear to watch it. Her voice and her indignant attitude and her rudeness to guests that she has on is too much to take.
- Nancy cracks me up. Love her!
- Maybe the judge let's Jodi go on and on so that she will hang herself ( so to speak ) when the prosecutor has a go at her. Let her keep talking. It will come back and her in the ass. This prosecutor will rip her apart and maybe he is biding his time. He is letting her bore us to death for a reason
- r292 I totally agree with you. Travis was average looking, had a not great body, was a horrible dresser (that yellow suit in the pics they keep showing) seemed like a lousy lay from the sex tape, and didn't seem very bright..which makes Jodi even more of a loser that she would be obsessed with this guy and halt a bright future for him. I don't get it either. I used to live in Palm Desert and would love to live there again. I don't know why she would foreclose on a house there to pursue him and move to Mesa. Odd.
- Can someone open a thread for the lunatic Nancy haters so the rest of us don't have to wade through these extremely repetitive, rabid posts?
She's no more a travesty of the judicial system than Judge Judy. It's all panem st circemses.
- r304, stfu!
- There are some NG threads if anyone wants to bump them but I don't think she merits it, we don't talk about her too much do we?
- Nancy cracks me up. She opened her show tonight comparing Jodi Arias ' testimony to David Copperfield " I was Born" love it. Looking forward to the prosecutor chewing her up and spitting her out
- [quote] Travis was average looking, had a not great body, was a horrible dresser (that yellow suit in the pics they keep showing) seemed like a lousy lay from the sex tape, and didn't seem very bright..
He seemed dumb as hell and he also sounded stoned. The only person I have ever heard whose voice sounded like that was a burned out stoner who smoked pot three a day for twenty years. But Travis didn't use drugs. That's just how dumb he sounded
She's awful looking. Her face is so ugly that I want her to get convicted just for that. And I want her to get executed just for the bullshit she is saying on the stand. I can't watch the trial because she's so hideous looking with that awful hair hanging in her face and her voice is so grating and monotonous.
This chick is so repulsive that she could actually convert casey anthony haters to casey anthony fans. I think Nancy grace hates Jodi Arias more than she hates tot mom. Nancy doesn't even say oral sex when referring to this trial. A few times I've caught Nancy just coming right out and saying 'blow job. And she mentions anal sex a few times every episode
- r308 i agree that Jodi is also not attractive. She isn't ugly but she just looks like any average squaw type girl. She kind of reminds me of that mono-tone voice Indian woman from 'Northern Exposure', she just has a really plain peasant face. And then she opens her mouth and becomes really ugly. I can't believe anyone would be at all turned on by her phony, shrill voice with her cutesy words..her booty gets a lot of attention? Ugh. I can see how she would turn us into Casey lovers.
- BTW, before someone corrects me, I know it's panem et circenses.
I'm typing from a phone.
- That's good stuff r280.
I love the deer-in-headlights look on Jodi's face. She was not prepared for that. She looks frightened and she's squirming in her seat.
The cross examination is going to be awesome. It will expose Jodi for the lying piece of shit that she is.
- [quote] which makes Jodi even more of a loser that she would be obsessed with this guy and halt a bright future for him.
She didn't have a bright future
- There was no reason for her to be fixated on such a loser. She was more attractive than Travis and surely she could have found a better guy than he.
- Are there any pictures of these two that aren't in court drag, or beef curtains flapping or throats sliced open? I'm scared to look but sort of sickly fascinated by this case.
- Jodi is fucked up. She has that look in her eyes of "nobody home" kind of like there is this dead person speaking to you but something is still keeping the body alive. I knew a girl who reminds me exactly of her, even looks like her. I girl I knew (Marta) was not a killer but she was definitely in her own reality and could not or would not deal with anything you presented to her that was outside of that reality she had created. Very weird Marta is so much like this Jodi chick. Even the way she talks and phrases things. Scary.
Travis was not a good guy. A good guy does not present themselves as cherishing celibacy while fucking a woman he calls a whore. He calls her a whore but what is he? He gets to walk away with his self respect in tact and people thinking he's a pure excellent soul. So he uses and uses this girl that really does want a life with him all the while making sure she knows that he doesn't not think her worthy of having a life with him. How do his friends still call him a good guy? People are a trip.
Just to clarify, I don't think Jodi or anyone has a right to brutally murder another human being. But when shit like this happens what falls through the cracks is the behavior on the slain persons part that might have contributed to the tragedy.
Travis should have been the stand up guy he pretended to be and this never would have come into his life. And the people in our lives need to take off rose colored glasses and tell us when we are acting fucked up.
- Here is a link to Jodi's myspace. Tons of photos of both of them (and of course her "In Loving Memory Of Travis Alexander" album).
I am a straight woman and don't find Travis to be any more dinky than any other guy in their early 20s. His biggest problem was that his religion prevented him from being the sex freak that he wanted to be. Even though he was 30 he was behaving like a 19 year old guy who had just discovered that sex can be kinky. Yeah, it was lame, but not unusual.
I really wish Jodi would come clean about how the killing went down, but I'm guessing we'll never know. The good thing is that with all of her stupid endless testimony, there is plenty of rope for the prosecutor to hang her with her own lies.
- Jody Arias reminds me of Stef Willen. Same desperate psycho stalker vibe.
- There's a bunch of Mormons on that jury. No doubt they're going to have sympathy for her since Travis was going against their church's teachings.
- But the women always get blamed, r318. Travis' sibs think he was the perfect virgin until the wanton woman greedily stole his purity. This is how the jury will see it also.
- He was just as fucked up as her, why in the world after she slashed his tires twice, would he ever talk to her again, yet take her back. This is where the Rihanna & Chris Brown story is going to end !!!
- Does anyone have a link for information about his family, specifically his parents who were addicts? Did they give him up for adoption upon birth or was he in the family or origin for a while? Did he and his sibs convert to Mormonism or were his parents Mormons who went astray? Very curious about that.
- [quote]He was just as fucked up as her, why in the world after she slashed his tires twice, would he ever talk to her again, yet take her back.
He didn't know it was her doing it, honey. Others knew what she was doing.
He also thought with his dick. I guess all men are fucked up.
- ditto on R321. I've seen his taint. The least I could know is how his parent's died.
- I swore I would stop watching HLN and Nancy Grace after the Casey Anthony fiasco, but I'm glued!
Love how HLN had Mike Brooks reading the dialog from the Jodi/Travis sex tape. Fucking hilarious.
If the trial was being held in Florida, this bitch would walk. But, seeing that it's not, I think she'll get a few years.
Glued as well. Mike Brooks is unintentionally funny. This is as good as the OJ trial.
Too bad Jodi did not hook up with the athlete in S Africa. What a great couple they would make. Who would come out the winner in that relationship and who would die in the bathroom.
- Travis' parents were drug addicts. They had both turned their lives around but died early - his father was killed in a motorcycle accident in 1997 and his mother died of a medical condition in 2005.
Here is the introduction to Travis' book that he posted on his blog - Jodi just happened to comment, no surprise.
- I am interested in the parents as well. The only thing I have heard is the parents were crystal meth addicts and the children moved in with there grandmother, Grandma was a Mormon and that is how Travis got involved in the church. Not sure if any of his 7 siblings are Mormon.
- Ugh, the link only went to the comments. If you click on "Show Original Post" you can read the posting. Apologies.
Jodi called Travis' voice mail at 11:48 PM, six hours after she slit his throat. At the link is the message she left.
- [R327]I posted in this thread before. I lived in Phoenix when the murder happened. From what I remember, all of Travis' siblings remained Mormon. His brother Steven talked to the media early on and he bragged about his family were all devout Mormons and he also whined about Jodie "stole his brother's virginity." Travis didn't deserve to be brutally murdered, but I wish one of his friends or relatives would come out and say that Travis was the perfect Mormon man.
I agree with other people who have said that Travis and Jodi weren't attractive people. I think both Travis and Jodi had inflated egos. Travis thought he was hot shit working for an MLM company. The company he worked for PrePaid Legal doesn't have the best reputation and his upline Chris Hughes was accused of shady practices years ago.
- What is MLM? And was he trying to be some sort of life coach? I know 2 fraus who have done this and they are crazed.jmk
- MLM stands for multi-level marketing sales company. Think Amway, Avon, Monavie, etc. Traivs worked for Pre-Paid Legal which is crappy company that sells "legal plans" to people in which they pay certain fees in case they need a lawyer or legal services later on. I believe customers can pick law firms in advance. Pre Paid Legal has crappy reputation like I mentioned before. There are tons of complaints online about the company.
Travis became a top seller and he did do motivational speeches at PPL events. One of his speeches is online somewhere. He wasn't a very bright person and some of PPL colleagues overpraised him. It seems that he later got to the point where he started trying to be a motivational speaker and self-help type guru. He did complete his book before his death and there was a rumor that his family was shopping it around for a publisher.
- [quote] Traivs worked for Pre-Paid Legal which is crappy company that sells "legal plans" to people in which they pay certain fees in case they need a lawyer or legal services later on.
I can only imagine their clientele.
- r329 r331 I agree that Travis' friends are going a bit over the top. I remember one of them saying that Travis was the best person he had ever knows. I thought he was laying it on a bit thick. I didn't know he had written a book. What was it about? How to be a top salesman? Wow. Yeah that prepaid legal is something that drug dealers and truckers do. I just remember that picture they keep showing of Travis in a mustard yellowish horrible suit..yikes. You can tell that the Mormons think it's a fashionable look and that Travis was a styling dude.
- [R333] Travis' book was motivational self-help type book. I think Travis was trying to be a Tony Robbins type motivational speaker. He did speeches at Pre Paid Legal events and I think he was hoping to branch out more. Let's say Jodi never murdered Travis, today Travis probably wouldn't be a successful author or a well known motivational speaker. He wasn't very bright and the main reason he was a favorite in the Pre Paid Legal community was because he was young enough to attract downlines for the uplines in the company.
Travis' friends and relatives have irritated me over the years. When I was in Phoenix back in 2008 and 2009, others were irritated with some of the shit Travis' friends and family were saying to the media. The Mormon community in Mesa is hated quite a bit by others around the Phoenix metro area. A few of Travis friends appeared on the 48 Hours episode in 2009. They all talked about Travis was such a good guy and they made a similar statements like Steven Alexander's about how Jodi took precious Travis' virginity. One of the friends had a blog which is easy to find if you google Travis Alexander Aaron Mortensen. The guy hasn't updated his blog since 2011 and he doesn't live in Arizona anymore.
The friend talks about Travis being nice to him and other friends. Travis was leading a double life in which he was the Mormon role model and in the other life he was fucking Jodi, but hid it. The LDS church is pretty controlling and LDS bishops snoop around quite a bit. There are several published stories about Mitt Romney snooping around on people during his LDS bishop days in the 80s and 90s.
Jodi could have ratted Travis out, but I suspect the LDS bishops would have blamed her or they wouldn't have believed her. Travis was probably the type of Mormon who wanted a secret temple wedding and if he wasn't in a good standing with bishops or higher ups, he would have been screwed.
- [quote]he was young enough to attract downlines for the uplines in the company.
Que? Is this Mormon lingo?
- In MLM companies, uplines are the sales people who have been established in the company for years and the dowlines are the newer people or recruits who work under the uplines. MLM companies like Pre-Paid Legal, Monavie, Amway tend to prey a bit on 20 something people who are having trouble in traditional jobs. Travis was brought into PPL in his early 20s. An older friend of his Chris Hughes recruited him into PPL.
- Travis needed to go into porn. " I want to tie you to a tree and fuck you in the ass"
He definitely did not deserve what happened but he was no saint.
- He said that he wanted to put the tree branch up her ass.
- Can you imagine being the nice virginal Mormon girl(s) Travis dated during this period? What is going through their minds.
More importantly, what does this say about the Mormon subculture that denies healthy adult sexuality? Does it create freaks with fetishes like Travis?
- The wanting to stick a tree branch up your ass sounds like a line from T 40 Year Old Virgin. Mormons buy more porn per capita than any other group. Don't let their pure act fool you.
- r334 Thank you and everyone here, I love you guys and am so happy to be on this site instead of facebook or trutv about this case. Clearly we talk about the real shit here. I hope Jodi is winding down today and that Juan goes at her soon.
- I thought Mormons didn't do sex or have premarital relations.
- r342 One thing I learned from 'Big Love' is oral is moral, so they do oral sex and apparently anal is okay too. Anal is banal?
- Some Mormons don't follow all of the rules regarding sex and premarital relations. Travis was putting up an act. I wouldn't be surprised if he had fucked other women besides Jodi. I also like discussing the case here. I was annoyed the other day on trutv or hln when Vinnie Politan said that he hated that Jodi was attacking Travis' character. Travis didn't deserve to be murdered and Jodi is batshit crazy. But that doesn't mean that in death Travis is immune from criticism or that everyone should just focus on his good qualities.
There is a true crime author writing a book about this case, I bet anything that Travis' family will try and cash in with her.
- r344 I agree that his character is up for assassination but not the way the she is doing it. If they want to say Travis was a dick and was stringing her along, cool, and I agree. But you have to admit that child porn thing is ridiculous, is that what Vinnie is talking about? But yeah, the whole romanticizing the dead thing is stupid. It's like they can't agree that Travis was a dick and Jodi was crazy. One thing doesn't cancel out the other. Someone can be a dick but not deserve to have their fucking throat slit.
- [quote]One thing I learned from 'Big Love' is oral is moral,
[quote]Some Mormons don't follow all of the rules regarding sex and premarital relations.
I'm interested in how different groups of Mormons rationalize what is acceptable sexual behavior. When I was in graduate school, one of our trainees saw a Mormon couple during marital/couples therapy practicum. The rest of us watched behind the glass. I can't remember what their main presenting problem was, but it came out during intake that their sex life was unsatisfying for both. It was an unbelievably squirmy intake session (couple was seen together and individually). Basically, missionary was the only thing they did. Questions about oral and mutual masturbation were met with an emphatic "no" because it was forbidden by the church. I only saw that particular session and can't remember what became of them.
- I remember Vinnie's comment was before the child porn thing came out. I do agree the child porn thing is ridiculous though. I also hope that the true crime author working on the book doesn't paint Travis as a saint in her book.
- When this chick started her testimony 2 weeks ago I was pretty riveted.
Now today I barely stand to listen to her ramble on and on about every mundane detail of the text messages they are choosing to loosely support their case. Maybe it's because I determined that I feel she's lying at least part of the time.
But she certainly seems to have used the 5 days off to work on her crocodile tears.
- r348 I know! I was so excited to hear that she would be testifying because it was unsure at the beginning. Now I just want her to shut up and go away.
She just gave her explanation for why she kept pestering her ex-boyfriend for those gas cans before she drove to AZ that day....although they didn't mention that she'd asked him for them multiple times. And she made it sound like it was just a convenient though since she decided to visit him that day be for the trip. Riiiiight. Just out of the blue you decide to visit your ex that day.
Anyway, she explained that gas was so expensive in CA at that time that she wanted to fill the cans with cheap gas from either NV or AZ to bring home with her.
Yup, totally believable. She never did that on any other drive she made between the states (and she'd made a lot of them), but suddenly it was a good idea to buy out-of-state gas on this special trip.
I buy everything. Set the bitch free!!!!
- Oh, and another thing she just said that I totally believe.
She conveniently had to turn her mobile phone off before she left Pasadena because she was worried about the battery dying. Yes, she'd previously testified that she had a car phone charger, but you know how those things disappear all the time, and Jodi couldn't find her charger before she left California. Of course.
So she turned off her cell in Cali and never turned it on again....probably until the next day in Utah, but she hasn't gotten that far yet. And it wasn't so that there couldn't be a record of her phone being picked up by a tower in Arizona at all. No no no. That's nonsense.
Anybody besides me buy all this? Eating it up...yum, yum, yum.
But at least the lying, scheming bitch is finally at the scene of the crime. Time to grab the popcorn!
- I like how they cut to Travis' sisters in the audience (brother isn't there today).
The thin one has her usual ice cold glare, and the other one seems to have a permanent "Bitch, Please" smirk on her face.
- This bitch is still not down yet??!
- Nurmi seems to be taking a somewhat confrontational approach with her today, probably preparing her for Juan Martinez' upcoming (hopefully brutal) cross.
Travis was an asshole, sure, but he was trying to get rid of her. It's happened between millions of people - one doesn't want the relationship to end, the other does, and then it becomes how do I get this person out of my life? Straight guys tend to think that if they act like a jerk, the woman will hate them and it will make them go away. They don't know any better.
Unfortunately for Travis, Jodi wasn't going, no way.
- They are finally at the killing. They'll probably fricking break for the day in 5 minutes.
- Obviously she's a crazy bitch bit she really photographed the whole thing? WHY?
- It's Ninja Time!
They took a break right at the point of her 2nd story (of the 3 or 4) that she told to the police about how the masked ninja intruders broke in and assaulted both of them and killed Travis.
It's not too late, she could still go back to that classic story when she starts up again tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
On a more serious note - sometimes she does say things that really must strain the credibility of her memory. The one that jumps out at me today is when she was talking about the gas cans and why she got them from her ex-boyfriend. In her justification she was able to say that the price of gas in her hometown was $4.70/gallon (or something like that) on that day. Who the hell remembers the price of gas from a day 5 years ago??? It's obvious that is one of many "facts" that are created along the way in order to bolster her story.
- Let's take breaks, what will the result of the trial be? Me: 1st degree, death off the table.
- I prefer to come here for the latest news on the trail for the various reasons stated about. Although, I have enjoyed Nancy Grace throughout this whole trail. I can't believe I just admitted that. BOMBSHELL TONIGHT!
- Amazing that she has all the text but she chose not to text anything about the child porn. She basically made it sound like he raped her on the day she killed him, he's also a pedophile yet she sleeps with him to keep him calm. I hope the jury is not buying this.
She is so flat and lacking in any charisma on the stand. Her arrest photo was just shown on tv. She looks scary in the picture. Who poses for a booking photo.
- Her days for cross examination by prosecutor are getting close. She won't do well. She has loved the attention up to now when she got to act like a guest on a talk show.JM will have none of that. The defense team sounds terribly inexperienced and everytime the camera shows the female defense attorney sitting at the table, she's looking at JM and looking fidgety and nervous.
I definitely don't think JA walk but am still on the fence if jury will give death penalty. I'm leaning towards 'yes' given JM record.
- I give up what is a 3 hole wonder?
- Mouth. Vagina. Anus.
- Where does the phrase "three hole wonder" figure into this trial. Also WHY THE FUCK DID SHE PHOTOGRAPH THE BODY!!!?
- r364 I don't think she did it on purpose, the bitch was always taking pictures. The 3 hole wonder is what Travis supposedly called her because he was such a prick and that's why she murdered him.
- Wow, she is so rehearsed. I guess she's having an easy time of it with her dude lobbing softballs at her but that shit is all gonna change when Juan gets at her. Of course Travis was jealous and guilted her into coming, blah, blah.
- Does anyone else laugh at Jodi's grandma glasses?
- Um no r367. Those glasses are not at all an affectation suggested by her fat fuck of an attorney. They are real and people who wear glasses don't murder people.
- I laugh more about her shitty fake crying which ends right away to talk about how it happened. Her attorney must feel like a bigger ass than usual right now because this was a major fail.
- Where is everyone from this thread today? Numi is driving me nuts. His whole, "Jodi, were you scared Travis was gonna hit ya?" thing is infuriating.
- Funny that she remembers every minute detail in her life but she remembers nothing about this day. Everyone lies about poor Jodi. She stayed with Ryan but they never made out like he said. Travis' friends say he neve owned a un. Jodi is the only person who knew Travis had a gun hidden in his closet.on and on with her bs. This prosecutor is going to latch on to her like a rotwiller. Jodi has a lot of rope to hang herself with. I doubt that she will be able to keep all of her lies straight.
- They have some attorney expert talking to Mike Galanos and he is saying that with all the ridiculous bullshit she is spewing, it's almost like the prosecutor wont have to do anything. I think he is right. I was wondering why Juan hasn't called her out on this stuff as an objection but she is so deluded and stupid she is doing his work for him. Oh and her saying Travis kept coming at her after she shot him? Um, yeah, never happened and Juan will have fun with that.
- Arizona can now get that cell on death row ready for Jodi! Her testimony about the murder has got to be one of the worst and most unbelievable stories I've ever heard.
- r373 It's pretty fucking bad and is why I called Numi an epic fail. When she does get the DP and files her appeals she can fault her shitty attorney for letting her engage in this farce.
- Her crying is the worst part about it. So calculated. She will be crying and then able to stop to talk about the finer points and then back to fake crying.
- I friggin' HATE this lying wench! There's a 'State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder' trial site on FB that's 14,000 strong and pretty sure she is now America's most hated woman.
- What would the Mormon church have done if a bishop had snooped around Travis' life and found out it was so sordid. Excommunication right away?
- So the defense has rested and Juan gets to go at the 3 Hole wonder tomorrow?
- No jury will convict me.
- r377 I am not a Mormon but read a lot. I am guessing Travis would have had his priesthood removed by his temple president. And yes r378, I can't wait!
- She says that she was taking the photos (bullshit, he doesn't know she's there until the last 4 photos or so, in my opinion); for some reason Travis is seated in the shower; she drops the camera, he lunges at her; she runs down the hall to his closet to grab his gun, and then somehow accidentally shoots him in the face. And this happens between 5:30:30, where he is seated in the shower seemingly uninjured; and 5:32:16, when she accidentally takes a photo of herself slitting his throat - so in 1 minute, 44 seconds,this all happens. OH, and she thought her life was threatened because he said a 5 year old could take better photos that she.
- She is obviously a liar but I worry that she will get a 2nd degree conviction because someone will buy her bs and feel sorry for her.
- It's too bad that she didnot get together with Oscar Pistauorius . Shoot out in the bathroom
- That made me laugh, r383.
What is the condition called that poor Jodi suffers from?
That condition that causes her to lose her memory (her otherwise unbelievably sharp memory based on the stories she tells) for a stretch of several hours at a time. But her affliction is unique because it's not a complete memory wipe seeing as she (conveniently some might say) has a couple of blips where she can recall certain things in that timespan that just so happen to explain some otherwise unexplainable points in the case.
I certainly hope that sweet and pure young lady can get help for that condition once she's eventually cleared of all wrongdoing in these proceedings.
I don't believe that Travis ever owned a gun. If he did, I don't believe he left it just sitting out on top of a shelf in his very organized looking (are we sure he wasn't a little gay?) walk-in closet without being in some sort of a box.
And I don't believe that he ever paid her to clean his house. I think she made that part up to explain why she found things (including the snooping on his computer that let her know he was seeing another girl) when actually she was just a nosy bitch. But the bullshit about her cleaning also helps support her lie about knowing where a loaded gun would be. She probably sees saying that she cleaned the house as explaining away several of the 'stalkerish' things she'd done previously.
The only time she cleaned was right after she slaughtered him, and apparently she did an almost perfect job. Not a spot of blood was found anywhere in the house outside of that bathroom and its hallway. But the only blip of recall was that she put a knife in the dishwasher.
She's so precious.
- Can't wait to see how Jodi fares under cross examination. Unfortunately I have to go to work! Will be keeping up via Twitter. Lame.
- I'm wondering if actual battered partners/spouses get pissed off about chicks making up a completely fabricated case and using it just for an advantage in court.
- Hey 385, if you have satellite radio the trial is on HLN
- Ha, did you notice she had to take her glasses off to read? Just in case anyone thought the glasses were real.
- Does Ms. Arias have attitude going on with the Juan? She's a sassy little slasher.
- r389 yeah she does! What a bitch, she won't be able to keep up this snotty attitude the whole time.
- Sounds like he had some serious leanings towards being a pedo. She probably saved a lot of heartache.
- r391 Are you serious? It sounds like that based on what? Her laughable stories? Wow, I hope no jurors think like you. I think she is full of shit and I don't believe anything she says.
- R392 - I'm dead serious. That man was no saint. There is absolutely no way she has made up even half of this stuff. He wanted her to wear boys underwear for anal sex. There were texts/photos that supported what she said. He wanted her to dress up as "little red riding hood" and be shackled to a tree. He was a sexual predator. She's no fucking saint, but I can't see her going to the chair for this.
- r393 I don't know, it's hard for me to believe anything she says. I think Travis was a dick, don't get me wrong, I don't believe all the "he was the best man I ever met" shit from his friends but I don't believe her. She plays the victim constantly and nothing is ever her fault.
- and r393 she said the sex with Travis was good. Now I know that bitch is a liar because we all heard the sex tape and I guarantee that dude was a lousy lay!
- r386 yeah, I imagine they do. I remember Betty Broderick's trial where she claimed battered women's syndrome and the prosecutor was highly inflamed by that because she had many real battered women as clients and she was not buying that shit from Bets. I could buy it from Betty before Jodi.
- From what I read, Dan went out of his way to batter Betty emotionally and psychologically. Seems like Travis also messed with Jodi's head, but I understand it's not an excuse for murder.
- Right r397 I think Dan did and he could, and that's the elephant in the room here. Betty had to deal with Dan because they had been together a long time and had kids together. Jodi and Travis had nothing to keep them together. I know she bought a car from him and I bet she did it to always keep in touch with him. It sounds stupid and implausible that she drove 1000 miles just to be abused by him. I do wonder what really happened. I think I believe her about him saying that a 5 year old could take better pictures. I bet he did say that and it pushed her over the edge because she fancies herself to be a good photographer and maybe she is, I don't know.
- Jodi is staying calm and on point under cross examination. The prosecutor is focusing on minutiae to try to trip her up. IMO, Jodi's kicking his ass.
- I disagree r399 this chick is wound tight and is going to snap. Also, she is taking this way too personally and being a bitch to Juan and it makes her look bad. She admitted she loved the sex just to be a contrary bitch. I think she looks bad (but that's just my opinion, your's could be different)
- I think she looks bad. I just think Juan looks worse.
- Agree that Juan looks bad too. He is flustered from this liar and it shows. I think her acting dumb will bite her in the ass though. It's only the first day.
- Jodi must be a pathological liar. Damn, Juan looks flustered and inept. So far, Jodi is pretty calm. The bitch might not get first degree.
- Jodi is very calculating. Juan needs to explore other tactics to break her.
- I agree [R403]. I'm also starting to think she won't get first degree.
- I want to smack Jodi Arias' smirky, ugly face with a frying pan.
- If Jodi is a true sociopath, it's likely that she is not capable of feeling anxiety as normal people do under such circumstances. Unless her memory is stellar, that's her greatest strength. It enables her to do the lying and the killing, and appear unflappable when testifying. She should show (or act it out) some anxiety or hesitation when Martinez is pressing her because even innocent people get flustered under pressure.
- But notice she is not breaking down. I highly doubt she backed down from Travis either.
I don't buy the pedophile story. There was nothing on his computer and why would he have a photo of a boy lying around. Don't pedos keep that type of thing on computers? That seems how most of them get caught. If he did this type of thing why would she go back to have sex with him. I can't think of most women going along with that. If she truly suspected this she would go through his computer stalker that she was. She is loathsome.
- Agreed, R407, that she should show some anxiety or hesitation. Even some of the experts were flustered under Martinez' questioning. At this point I can't imagine *any* scenario that would fluster her, possibly including immediately after the murder.
- I told you guys that this bitch would start slipping up. Comparing JM to the abusive prick Travis makes it sound like she doesn't know what abuse is and she is pretty hyper-sensitive.
- Oh and watching this bitch make up stuff about her finger and how her hand was beat up really sickens me considering Travis had horrible defensive wounds on his hands.
- [quote]Sounds like he had some serious leanings towards being a pedo.
There is literally zero evidence to support slandering the deceased by calling him a pedophile. There is also no evidence the he had a sexual interest in underaged males.
That only thing that comes close to either of those assertions is that he said she looked like a 12-year old girl during that phone sex call they played in court. Well frankly, hasn't she pretty much made every effort to look like a an innocent 12-year old girl every day up on the stand too?
Maybe she likes looking like a little girl. And maybe he tried to say it was a good look because he tried not to hurt her feelings. I mean that's almost what she's saying about him, but reversed, so why is it any less believable? The only thing is, she's alive to tell whatever story she wants, and he's not. Advantage to the admitted liar.
I'd also argue that making a statement during sexual chat (or role play or whatever people call it) doesn't always accurately indicate things that the individual would actually like to participate in.
For example, I have been involved in those types of sex chats (and would never want to talk about them in court or in front of my mama or even with my friends) and have said things that I would absolutely never, ever actually do in real life or even have any remote interest in. It's a created world of all fantasy where normal rules and mores don't have to apply - sort of like what I think is going on her head as she spins her tales.
There is no Spiderman underwear, there is no trace of underage porn (of boys or girls). There is no smoking gun (pardon the pun) for any of that except for what comes out of her mouth.
This is only based on the stories told by a known liar (there are, on the other hand, piles of evidence to support that fact) who is desperate to come up with a way to save her own life right now.
- It only takes one idiot on the jury to keep justice from being done - and there is usually at least one....
- It looks like Martinez finally hit his stride and stopped the petty going back and forth. She's coming across belligerent and like a liar with very little help from him. I think he finally realized that.
- Is it driving anyone else crazy the way Jean Casares says Juan Martinez? Fuck, she is out of control with the heavy Hispanic accent and rolling her r's when she says his name.
- She's a spicy Latina!
I'm missing her commentary because I'm watching the online live stream.
- Rebecca Romijn looks fabulously photoshopped - if that's her on the cover of that Photo Pro magazine.
Why would it be necessary to photoshop her? Must be just to show some photography filter, or something.
- r416 Lol, she is? I thought she was a Jewish chick that married someone with a Mexicanish sounding name. I take back what I said then, clearly she is using her god given Hispanic voice to give Juan praise.
- r417 Yeah that's what it is, Rebecca Romjin is hot.
- She looks like someone who has really, really stinky breath. Is the no makeup thing to make her look more believeable? She looks like a fucking 'tard!
- sorry r415, I guess I don't know. You might be completely right. I made the assumption because of her name and the way she pronounces Spanish names.
- OMG. I never thought that shitty and wrongly stereotypical thing she said about the gay guy 2 weeks ago would be brought back again. Awesome!
She absolutely said he was behaving the way he did because he's gay.
She described him as "well he's gay so he exaggerates and he's very animated...."
That pissed me off.
- Glad that pissed you off r423 because her being a fucking lying murderer wasn't enough, she also makes fun of gays.
- Why don't they ever have the jury in on Friday?
- R424, I can't remember things when you speak to me in that tone, Mr. Martinez. You are just like Travis, and you know what I did to him.
- lol at r426
Her smirk and attitude are the reason I don't believe she was a poor, shrinking little wallflower with Travis.
- What's really weird is that if he had just stayed with her they would be divorced and still alive today.
- Dr Drew has a woman on that is in the courtroom and reports back every night. She said that when Jodi said that Martinez was being abusive like Travis he got closeto hear and whispered " is this better" Shecsaidcseveral jury members laughed. I love that he is calling Jodi ma'am
- If I were on that jury, I probably would have been kicked off today, r430, because I would have laughed loud and long at that.
- I can't believe she said to the prosecutor that he was like Travis Alexander. She's got wit, I'll give her that. It showed what a nasty little cunt she is to the jury though.
- [quote]OMG. I never thought that shitty and wrongly stereotypical thing she said about the gay guy 2 weeks ago would be brought back again. Awesome!
Sorry, guys, I must have missed this. Who or what are you referring to now?
- Hey OP r433, see the post at r128 for a brief summary.
It was during her testimony about 2 weeks ago when she was talking about one of her ex-boyfriends. She found out he was possibly seeing another girl and she drove immediately to that camp to confront the new girl. When she was trying to find which cabin or room the girl was in, she asked their mutual acquaintance who was a gay guy. That's when she described him as I posted in my original post - and I made sure I was quoting her then because I didn't want to be bothered by it if it wasn't actually an offensive stereotype.
Anyway, it was brought back up again today (I believe to reinforce that she is territorial about her men, even after they are broken up). And she talked again about how the gay guy was 'frantic' when she was making him tell her where to find this other girl. She kind of softened the offensive part of what she said today though...now I wish I could remember exactly how that exchange went.
And actually in the way she told it today, I understood that the gay guy purposely told Jodi the wrong room to send her on a wild goose chase so that he could quickly go tell the other girl that Jodi was on the premises and was looking for her. Jodi said she finally figured out the correct room and got there in time to hear the gay guy hysterically talking to (warning) the new girl that trouble was coming looking for her.
I hope I explained that alright, OP.
- Nasty little cunt, indeed, r432.
The prosecutor did an excellent job of antagonizing Jodi. She came across as a smug, cocky, narcissistic bitch.
The jury saw Jodi's true colors. There is no way they will believe she was an abused woman.
Her lawyers looked nervous and worried. I bet they were furious with her confrontational smirking and giggling.
Well played, Mr. Prosecutor. I'm looking forward to Round 2!
- I don't know 435 she comes off as a bitch that would not be bullied by a man ( look what happened to Travis) and she was obviously totally opposite than the personality she showed previously. It seems that if her attorneys thought she needed to change they would coach her to be " softer" and obviously they are ok with it. Someone on Nancy Grace last night said they are objecting very often because her lawyersthink she is coming off well.
I doubt she will get death. There will be one person that believes her bs.
- Does anyone watch Dan Abrams on Good Morning America? He's her biggest fan. He thinks she great on the stand and thinks she won't be convicted. It's creepy.
- Then Dan Abrams should ask her out if she is freed. Let's see how that goes.
- I find it unnerving to see how calm see she was on stand. If she really is this vulnerable and battered woman she claims to be, it certainly was not coming off that way with how combative she was towards Juan. She even went as far as to compare him with Travis, and yet she reacted strongly towards him, not as the weak victim she claims to be when she was with Travis.
Juan did attack too strongly and came off as disorganized. It was difficult to follow at times, but I could understand why he came off that way. However, he needs to remain calm, but still be assertive and strong.
Jodi is sneaky, snarky, defiant, and has an answer for everything. Juan needs to not fall into her games and traps, it just makes him look bad. All he has to do is to present the facts, prove her lies, and take control of the court without showing Jodi his rage.
I'm still uncertain in regards to the verdict. Jodi came off way too strong which contradicted with the weak and frail image she has been playing. This could hurt her. But all she needs is one jury. Who knows what they believe and don't believe.
- I couldn't place who she reminded me of until today. It's Carol Beer from Little Britain
- That's hilarious r440 and I will remember and say her name to all the dummies that think she is hot.
- I think they should set her free and make her date one of the Pistorius brothers.
- [quote] Oh and watching this bitch make up stuff about her finger and how her hand was beat up really sickens me considering Travis had horrible defensive wounds on his hands.
Nancy Grace showed a bunch of video clips of jodi sitting next to her lawyers and moving her hands. Her finger was fine in those clips. It was only when she was on the stand that her finger seemed really messed up. She was faking that. I wish the prosecutor would show these clips in court
And her finger was NOT bent at all in the bloody handprint she left at the scene of the savage murder she committed. And it looks fine in this picture at the link
- I can't believe that she is up against a death sentence yet she smirks and laughs while being questioned. Wonder what the jury thinks of her attitude.
- r444 Who cares what they think? No jury will ever convict me.
- The attitude will definitely not work in her favor. Nor will her sneakiness. The items Juan Martinez presented on Thurs about the coded messages she attempted to send out in the two magazines was pretty damaging. And the Prosecution is just getting started.Tomorrow ought to be good.
I'm guessing there will be an even more dramatic ending to this story and I don't mean the death penalty. I think she'll have the last word by hanging herself with a prison bed sheet.
- Wait, what r446? I'm sorry I had to turn that bitch off and couldn't listen anymore to her on Thursday. What is the coded message thing?
- R447 although I watched it, I would be too wordy in explaining it. I just googled a link that best sums it up (and it looks like there's a clip of it when Juan Martinez lays it out)
- r448 Thank you, I was thinking it might be a big long thing to explain right after I posted that. I appreciate the clip and will check it out.
- r446 Ok, I checked out your link. Wow, that's kind of a big deal! I hope they continue to press it. That makes everything she says highly suspect, not that it isn't to people besides Dan Abrams anyhow. Thanks. I have had a 3 day break now and can take listening to her again tomorrow.
- R447 I went back to check another link and this one is much better! The clip is specifically about the codes and shows Juan Martinez having Jodi read them out loud. It was in the last minutes before the weekend recess.
- Wow, so that was really last minute stuff the other day. I am glad the defense was caught off guard but it's too bad they have 3 days to come up with some answers. This should be good first thing tomorrow.
- I liked how she wasn't really asked any questions about that secret message - nothing that would allow her to explain it away. She was only asked to confirm that she had the interview with whomever (Inside Edition?) and she explained the process of try to transfer her personal property to a jail visitor.
He never asked her whether she did it, whether she knew about it, or what her intentions were. Instead he just presented the notes in puzzle form and had her read aloud as the puzzle was unraveling into a message that eventually made perfect sense.
And that knowledge that she tried use a coded message to influence the story another potential witness would tell is all the jury was left with. Several days to ponder that until the redirect when her attorney will give her the chance to tell her lies about it. And who knows when that redirect will be? Juan may have his way with her for several more days.
- Good point, I was only thinking that Jodi would have more time to prepare but it's true that this 3 day recess also gives the jury some time to ponder her lying ways. I can't believe this was never leaked by Inside Edition or anyone. That's some ruinous shit for her.
- I had a feeling that cunt Jodi would "forget" all about the murder.
How strange she could remember drinking the Costco bottled water, but not slitting a man's throat from ear to ear.
- I'm surprised that she didn't say he was watching child porn when she showed up. She said he was watching "something silly on you-tube, I can't remember what" when she got there. She should have said it was more kiddie porn but our Jodi is subtle and doesn't want to lay it on too thick.
- bumpty wumpy
- Today was some crazy stuff. I think Jodi fucked up big. I assume she is being purposely obtuse to try and make Juan keep questioning and drilling her so she can come off as verbally battered by him but I think the jurors had to have been annoyed. I would be pissed if I had to sit through this self indulgent bitch who has already been talking way too long. Her trying to put a fine point on totally inconsequential stuff as if to prove how honest she is isn't doing it for me. I loved his talking about how much pain Travis must have been in and asking what fault means to her. Good job, JM. Keep it up. What do you guys think?
- Oh I also wanted to say that I had seen a few posts on here talking about how they didn't think Travis knew she was there at first (shower pics). A caller to Jane Velez and Jane herself think the same thing. They think she snuck up on him when she got there. So whoever wrote that, you aren't alone.
- Yesterday was great.He started on her right out of the gate on her lies. Loved when JM asked her a question and she said only God knew. ( or something along those lines ) and he told her they can't subpoena God. also loved when he called her on the suicide attempt when she tried to cut her wrist and it hurt and he said think how Travis felt when you plunged the knife in his chest. She looked shaky yesterday.
- Kirk Nurmi is really earning his twinkies with all the objections he is making. Tough shit, Kirk, even if it is sustained, the question is still out there. I am sure her first appeal will be based on her shoddy counsel even though the judge is being more than fair here.
- Anybody watching now? I agree that she is trying to make the prosecutor look like he's mistreating her but I also agree it is backfiring-jury surely sees her for what she is.
- Yes r462. She is being so dense and trying to nitpick every.fucking.thing! I don't think he looks bad at all and I would want to throttle her if I were there. The smirk is back and her whole thing this morning about how he (JM) made her not able to tell the truth, but not the truth, but not answer questions, but..what were we talking about? And his incredulity, like, what the fuck do you think we're talking about? It's a time waster and it must be infuriating the jury. I'm sure some of them have kids and recognize the stall tactics for what they are.
JM: Jodi, did you have a relationship with Bob?
JA: No, well we did but it was a friendship first.
JM:So you did have a relationship?
JA: Well yes but only after we were friends for awhile
JM: Maam, did you have a relationship, yes or no?
JA: Yes, but..
JM: So it's a yes then? Just answer the question.
JA: Well I am trying to but you are cutting me off.
No, he's not cutting you off, it's a simple question which you first said no too and then qualified and then said yes, after saying 20 other irrelevant things. And it happens on every question. It's a time waster and it's annoying.
- She's a clever little psycho. She may just make it to the electric chair or however Arizona offs their lying scumbag whore dog liars yet. She better hope she never is in the same room as TA's sisters. They would beat her ass.
- Ugh, they just had to recess and meet in chambers because poor widdle Jodi is experiencing health issues and migraines because 1)the sherriff's office is not provided lunchables for her and 2)court sometimes goes past 4:30 PM - like, to 4:33 PM. The judge excused the jury for the day. LAME!
- I wonder if she pissed off the lunch lady and that's why she didn't get served her tray today.
- When she gets snippy on the stand, she does thing thing with her face that makes her look like she's mentally retarded. Please tell me I'm not the only one who notices this. It's like a little kid, scrunching up their noses, and being cocky to their parents.
- Did they ever get this woman evaluated?
- They should toss her a Toblerone.
- I'm going to take a shot here (no pun intended)... but do you find Jodi Arias more despicable and scary than Casey Anthony? I happened to feel that way. Casey Anthony probably killed her own kid accidentally. She didn't chop the kid up or anything. Jodi Arias' actions, which she now admits to, are so much more disturbing and frightening, not to mention that she truly is a sociopath. She's a serious danger to society. What she was able to do to the body of an adult male is insane.
- Oh absolutely r471! The kicker for me (besides the fucking gruesome murder) was that coded note that she wrote that bitchily demanded the person "get their fucking story straight" (paraphrase) because they were directly contradicting what she had been saying for a year.
- Hey....Juan should ask her this:
Ma'am, you said you wanted your children to play with his children, is that what you said?
JodiAss: words words words words YES words words words words
Juan: You would want your children to be in the home of a man you have said is a pedophile?
- Sir at r473, I don't think I actually said that, what I said was blah, blah, blah I loved Travis and always will. I would love for my children to meet and have a relationship with a great guy like Travis. But I would make sure they were always supervised. Travis and I always talked about the children we would have one day and what we would name them..and on and on and off topic and then Juan would have to ask the question again. (more talking a lot and not saying anything)
- I'm getting pretty annoyed with the analysts saying that Juan needs to stop hammering on little things. I don't think he is. He is asking serious questions and Jodi is the one dissecting them to the nth degree and just answering small points of large questions. Her insistence on re-phrasing and putting things into her own words is all her and I think she is the one who is looking bad to the jurors for acting like she doesn't get it.
- Jodi really is an asshole. She said that Juan was "scrambling her brain" with all of his questions, but of course "It's not your fault."
- LOL 474
I can hear it now - just as you write it.
- She's more cunning then Casey ever was and just as evil
- Jesus, I can't believe I am about to do this..see what Jodi has driven me to? Casey honestly never did want to have a kid and was somewhat made to by Cindy. It's not surprising or shocking that she drugged the kid to get away from her and the kid ended up dying.
- I like how she texted to him that she wanted to suck him off and she needed him to cum on her face. That was classic courtroom testimony.
So apparently she doesn't swallow?
- I'm kinda getting bored of her on the stand.
- Tumblr has a lot of funny shit made based on this case including "Mortal Combat" with the prosecutor facing her on the stand with the caption: FINISH HER!
- Martinez is really pounding her on the stand today.
(Reuters) - A woman accused of murdering her Arizona lover broke down and wept on the witness stand on Thursday when presented with a photograph of his body, and admitted to lying about the killing.
Jodi Arias, 32, could face the death penalty if convicted of murdering 30-year-old Travis Alexander, whose body was found in the shower of his Phoenix valley home in June 2008. He was shot in the face, stabbed 27 times and had his throat slit.
Arias, who is from California, has admitted to killing him but said it was in self-defense after he attacked her when she dropped his camera while taking pictures of him in the shower. The prosecution has said she killed him in a jealous rage.
During combative cross-examination on Thursday about Arias' actions on the day of killing, prosecutor Juan Martinez suddenly produced a photograph of Alexander's lifeless body in the shower, asking her, "Where were you when this happened?" Arias broke down in tears.
"Were you crying when you were shooting him?" Martinez asked, to which she replied: "I can't remember."
"Were you crying when you were stabbing him?" he asked. "What about when you cut his throat? Were you crying then?"
"I don't know," Arias replied between sobs.
Martinez did not relent. "So take a look. ... You're the one who did this, right?" he asked. Arias answered affirmatively.
"And you are the same individual that lied about all this, right?" he asked. "So take a look at it."
In five days of often aggressive cross-examination, Martinez has poked holes in Arias' testimony, pointing out to the jury conflicting accounts she gave to friends, family and police of her relationship with Alexander and his death.
In questioning prior to Arias' breakdown on the stand on Thursday, Martinez had picked at differing accounts she gave of events in the hours immediately before she killed Alexander in June 2008.
Arias had previously said that her lover had not shaved on the day of the killing, but Martinez played an interview with a detective following her arrest in which she said she took pictures of Alexander shaving. He also produced a photograph Arias took of her clean shaven lover just prior to his death.
Arias had also previously testified that she took pictures of Alexander in the shower because he was proud of his body as he had been working out prior to a vacation in Cancun, Mexico.
But in the interview with the detective, Arias said she was inspired by a Calvin Klein photo shoot and persuaded Alexander to let her take pictures of him showering, although he was initially reluctant.
"On the one hand, you are telling us he wanted the photographs, and on the other hand you are telling us 'No, he didn't want the photographs.' Which one is it? Pick one," Martinez said.
Her attorney objected to the compound question.
Arias subsequently agreed that she had not told the detective Alexander wanted the pictures taken in the shower.
- Yes, Jodi had a rough final day of crossexamination, spending much of the time in fits of tears. Besides the cheery voice mail that she left several hours after the killing, she also sent him a text message a few days later and then an email, all to cover her tracks.Travis' family always looks like they want to climb over the barrier and throttle Jodi.
- His sister was crying too, I felt bad for her. Jodi is screwed. I loved when JM was asking incredulously about de-escalating a fight by going for a gun, that made me laugh out loud. She still thinks she will be ok, her new guy friend called in and said she predicted a mistrial and then next time getting manslaughter and being out in 6 years. What a wacky bitch.
- Any question as to why she took a photo of his dead body? Was this ever brought up?
Did he have his gun registered? Did he even havea gun? Can't they find this out already? Did they bring up the fact that the gun that was owned by her grandparents ended up missing, the same one that killed Travis Alexander?
Are they asking any of this shit to her yet?!
- This woman is not only not going to get the death penalty, she won't get life either. This prosecutor is useless. Honestly, they should have a woman prosecutor doing it.
- Monday will mark her one month on the stand.
- Why do you think he's useless, R488? (I'm only keeping up with this thread and an occasional article.)
- [quote]Any question as to why she took a photo of his dead body? Was this ever brought up?
She won't explain how any of the photos were taken after the attack started because she has conveniently blacked out through all of that. Of course it's particularly morbid that she would have snapped some of those shots, but we'll never know why she did it unless she decides to stop lying some day.
I frankly don't understand how the 'accidental' shots were snapped, like the one of the body being dragged. Why would she have the camera with her while that was happening, and how is the shutter accidentally hit?
[quote]Did he have his gun registered? Did he even havea gun? Can't they find this out already? Did they bring up the fact that the gun that was owned by her grandparents ended up missing, the same one that killed Travis Alexander?
He was not a registered gun owner and all of his friends and family state that they didn't know he owned one, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he didn't have a gun in his possession.
More than once the prosecutor did ask her directly if she brought her grandparent's stolen gun with her to his house. Of course she says she didn't, and there is no way to prove that she's lying. She even claims she didn't know that her grandparents had a handgun until after the murder when she heard about it being stolen.
- I'm surprised that she hasn't blabbed to jail mates. Or, rather, that a jail mate hasn't come forward and offered testimony in exchange for something. Jodi seems like the type who would want to brag about this to someone at some point or use it as threat ("don't you know what I'm capable of") and elaborate on the crime. She needs to bask in her own glory, it seems.
She is supposedly popular in prison so maybe she has talked but no one is talking. Rumourisshe has a girlfriend. This case is riveting. I think the prosecutor did a good job of playing all of the liesin her own words. Loved when she broke down he asked if she criedcwhen she shot him, did you cry when you stabbed him, did you cry when you slit his throat . I hope the jurors use common sense and give her at least a life sentence. She does not belong on the street.
- According to National Enquirer, Jodi has asked some dude to be a sperm donor for her and her jailmate lesbo lover so they can have a baby together once they both get out of the clink. The dude is some fan of hers that visits her all the time.
They don't name the girlfriend, but apparently she's scheduled for release soon, and of course the delusional Arias thinks she's going to be acquitted and also roaming the streets as a free citizen.
Nancy Grace had recently visited the prison and also reported that Arias has dyked out and taken another inmate as her lover. Her take is that Jodi is a master at morphing herself into whatever personality she needs to use in order for people to like her.
- I think JM did a thorough job. He ultimately proved her a pathological liar and laid out strong premeditation actions that she took (3 five gallon gas cans in trunk). Her other actions such as 27 stab wounds, shooting, deleting pics from a camera, disposing of a hand gun, etc. seem far outside the realm of self-defense.
Her testimony describing the actual event was logistically impossible. Travis in the shower, her distance from him, grabbing a gun at far end of closet (not to mention on the top of shelf) the linebacker charge towards her and how the bullet was found lodged in him...the list goes on.
She's not getting off. If she does, justice has not prevailed.
- "Lesbo Lover" ah, the Enquirer is such a klass act. Thanks for the link. That Bryan Carr is probably the guy who called in and said Jodi said she would get manslaughter and be out in six years.
I wonder what happened as far as why she and Travis did fight. I do believe that they had a verbal tiff and that he said she took pictures like a five year old because she seemed animated when she said that and I am sure there is one true part to her story. I think Juan is doing a great job and I hope she is off the stand soon. The jurors will really hate her on redirect, more dumb babbling.
- r487, did she take an intentional photo of his dead body? I thought they were all accidental after the one of him sitting in the shower.
On Dateline someone said that she flooded the bathroom so she could drag the body from the bedroom, where she slit his throat, back to the shower.
- Never heard the flooding theory . If it was flooded would the water seep through and go downstairs. He was not found for days. I thought she was smaller than she actually is but I still can't understand how she overwhelmed him andhadthe strength to drag his body. I think she was angry about the Cancun trip with another woman and that was the catalyst.
- The 'flooding' of the bathroom floor could also have been part of her hasty clean up efforts. We know there was water that spread from the bathroom because we saw a couple of cardboard file boxes that had soaked up bloody water and have dried marks from it.
But that wouldn't have had to be so much water that it would have done the kind of damage that would be visible on the ceiling of the room below that bathroom.
Frankly though, the roommates he had don't sound like the brightest bulbs so they might not have even noticed. I still can't fully absorb that they hadn't seen any sign of him coming or going for 4 days, his corpse was rotting in a bathroom in the house, and they never investigate the stench until other worried friends come over looking for him.
He also had a dog that was out in the main house all that time. Wouldn't a dog be acting weird and trying to get into that room where the stink was coming from?
So no next week we listen to the redirect of Jodi. That will probably take a couple of days again. Then I'll be curious to hear the questions the jury gives the judge to ask. They might be a good indicator to how much of her story they buy into.
But even when she's finally done on the stand, we'll have the 'experts' that will testify to how her actions and memory blackouts make perfect sense if she was suffering from abuse or PTSD or whatever they are going say. I hope they don't go on for days and days. I would hate to be the poor people on this jury.
- I wonder who paid for her fake tits. Of course it's not relevant to anything, but neither is every time she gave him a blow job or got fucked in her ass, and apparently all of that is fair game for discussion.
She was only a waitress and never kept a job at any restaurant for very long. So my guess is that she wasn't able to buy the new boobs on her own.
- I'm guessing Palm Desert guy helped finance her jiffy boobs. She got them while she was dating him because of his ex having them so I assume he kicked in for them.
- She needed to spend the money on teeth, not boobs.
- I'm re-watching the Dateline because I was only half paying attention last night. Did he really make a lot of money? They keep implying that she wanted a "rock star life" that he could give her. He sure didn't dress like an up and comer. How much can that PPL scheme make?
- r487 and r491 It is saying that she stepped on the camera and that is how the pictures were taken and that makes sense since the camera and his body were on the floor.
- R503 it probably would not be a rock star lifestyle by most standards but to her it would be. She was a high school dropout, met a charismatic guy who seemed to be well liked by those around him, drove a bmw, salesman, motivation speaker. His parents were drug addicts, but he managed to have some level success. While I also have wondered about that entire PPL scene, he comes across as not too sleazy and maybe tried to make the best of what it was without trying to steal your last dime.
- If she gets a light sentence for this, every defendant will gladly take the stand in future trials.
- Did they have a computer expert on yet? Aren't they going to say that no child porn was found on his computer?
- I thought they had already had the computer expert but I am so confused now by her talking for the last month. I can only think that the jurors hate and are tired of her at this point..I am and would be more so if I were there.
- [quote]She's not getting off. If she does, justice has not prevailed.
- I am sure they don't hate her. They'll feel sorry for her. She's giving the performance of a lifetime. A lot of them are Mormons, and they are going to see the victim as an unholy fuck who had it coming for not following god's law. He had anal sex after her baptism. That's going to offend them more than anything.
I don't know how this prosecutor can contain himself. She is such a ignorant, dirty little cunt, talking back to him on the stand. I would have jumped up and strangled her. How can the judge allow her to speak like that?
- I wonder that too r510, I think I also read that someone thinks the judge is a travesty of the Ito order and is way too easy on her. I hope her lawyer tells her to tone it down and keep it short this week.
- They have had the computer forensic expert on the stand already r507, and from his testimony of what was recovered from Travis' computers, there was no evidence of pornography of any sort - kiddie porn or adult.
But the lying wench knew there wouldn't be any so her story is that he had hard copies of the little boys. Well technically she says that she only saw a single pic of a young boy wearing underwear, but that he had several sheets of paper on his bed the day she walked in on him jerking off. That's to make people believe that he had a stash of photos/prints of little boys and he was wanking to all of them spread out on his bedtop.
As with most of the stuff she tells, there is no evidence of anything that would support her fantasy story. So he must be the only kiddie porn perv on the planet that doesn't search for the porn online. And furthermore, he must have known that he was about to be murdered and so he somehow disposed of all the hard copy photos in his possession before the cops could come in and investigate his murder.
- She acts like a little kid. I wonder what her IQ is. I bet you she's just above retardation. She's also smirking when she's crying.
- I am sure they don't hate her. They'll feel sorry for her. She's giving the performance of a lifetime. A lot of them are Mormons, and they are going to see the victim as an unholy fuck who had it coming for not following god's law. He had anal sex after her baptism. That's going to offend them more than anything.
On the other hand, r510, she was a Mormon too. Not a long-term one like Travis was, but in a way what she did can be viewed by church members as disrespectful to the religion as well. She only used her interest in the LDS church in order to have this man maintain his interest in her. And as much as she tries to sell the image that he was the dirty sex pervert masquerading as a holy boy, she comes across as just as sexual in all of the emails/texts that have been read in court.
It's not like Mormons aren't familiar with members of the church that don't successfully abide by all of the tenants of the faith. I'm not convinced that knowing this guy repeatedly had sex outside of marriage is something so shocking to any members of the jury who are LDS members that they would buy everything that she is trying to sell them. I know plenty of Mormons that have experience with that and their church dealing with it.
The most extreme religious zealots would likely have been eliminated in jury selection anyway. But also, I still see a good church member as looking far more harshly on an outside girl that used church membership to advance her own interests and ended up murdering one of their own. Him not being able to strictly follow the chastity rules seems far less grievous an offense by comparison.
- Damn it! I screwed up my post at R514. That first paragraph should have been in the gray box for quotations, but I forgot to format it. I copied that text from the r510 post.
- I am so curious about the text message exchange that they had on May 26, 2008. :
"I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope you read because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone else is just a part of your sick agenda...I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. but why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve your evilness. You couldn't get off your lazy butt to read it could you. That's the sociopath I know so well. It freakin figures. I don't want your apology. I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me."
I think this is the same day that he sent the "three-whole wonder" message to her Facebook. So what was the reason for this anger? Two days later was the break-in at her grandparents, where the gun was stolen, and five days after that Jodi was en route to Mesa.
- r516 Is the first part about evilness and whatnot to or from her? Where are you seeing these texts? Thank you.
- I can't imagine that anyone on the jury with any common sense would feel sorry for her. She is smirking at JM, lies about everything and butchered this guy. There is nothing that makes you feel bad for her.
Is the woman featured on Dateline her new girlfriend? Sheis now out of jail and the Enquirer said her lover was out soon. Jodi is the most self serving person.
- r518 I don't think 'Donavan' (sp) from Dateline was her girlfriend that the Enquirer is talking about but she looks like she would (and did) enjoy Jodi's company. She should be getting ready for Michfest instead of wasting her time and money on JA.
- Here are screenshots of the text exchange - if you scroll through you can see them.
- Sorry, forgot to mention - outgoing means Travis is sending the message, incoming means Jodi is.
- R509 I keep thinking the same way...the big difference is CA did not take the stand. And although some people may disagree, it sort of seemed that CA's parents were covering for her and diluted the prosecution's case. There seemed to be a lot of love for them during the investigation. I don't think they were directly involved with the death but knew more (or at least suspected) about Casey.
Jodi Arias has done the opposite and took the stand. Virtually everything she said during the investigation was a lie not to mention well documented. She has not been able to document an abusive Travis or a child porn loving Travis.
- Thanks for posting the texts r521. I went looking for other Jodi stuff and happened on the Jodiariasinnocent.com (sorry I don't know how to link) What a find this is! No fucking shock that the person who started (who I'm sure is a dude) also had a Casey Anthony is innocent site. This should keep me busy for awhile.
- THE WORLD IS A FAR BETTER PLACE WITHOUT TRAVIS ALEXANDER.
Really stuck out at me when I was just at Jodi's page. What a daft cunt whoever wrote that.
- So where are the uncensored nude pics? Every photo I see has a big black circle censoring the dick.
- Here r525 (NSFW, click through to see all)
- And here are 2 dick pics that were not allowed into evidence but somehow we see them! These were allegedly texted to Jodi from Travis.
- Jody Arias is eerily similar to Stef Willen. Lots of crazies out there.
- Are the 2 cocks in R527 even from the same person? One has a dark circumcision scar, one doesn't.
- Jodi has really big nipples, a sign of sociopathy.
- Those dick pics aren't even Travis' fingers. They look very similar to her (20-year older) ex-boyfriend Darryl Brewer that gave her the gas cans. Square thumbnails.
- Those fingers look like they belong to a black man.
- I don't think any of his participation on the day of his death was voluntary. I think she surprised him and all of those photos were taken with him at gunpoint. She's talked about setting the timer on the cameras, which could be how she took nude shots of herself.
Maybe that rope she kept going on about did exist, but was used to tie him up at some point, while she took her self-portraits.
I think he looks terrified in the shower photos.
- Someone else said that r533, it was a caller to Jane Velez and Jane thought so too (that JA surprised him) you aren't alone in thinking that.
- R78 Arias is part Mexican
R100 When you say Jody taking the stand sucking a lollipop would be "too suggestive" apparently you don't know the half of it. One of the kinky sex things she and Travis did was him inserting a Tootsie Pop lollipop into her vagina. Yes and Pop Rocks too if you believe it. Jodi told Martinez it was Travis' idea and Martinez kept trying to get Jodi to say she enjoyed it. Enjoyed isn't the right word she said. LOL. Jodi also says Travis used to drive little toy cars all over her body too, but I don't know if that's a lie and just part of her Travis was a pedo story.
R158 The outcome of this trial isn't really about how much time Jodi will do, but rather if she'll do time for it or get the death penalty. Martinez is trying to prove the killing was premeditated so she'll get the death penalty -- if the jurors agree. This is why he droned on about the gas cans etc. for so long apparently.
Travis didn't deserved to be murdered. But, I'm with those who think Travis' friends should stop trying to say he was a saint when no, this was a guy pretending to be a virginal Mormon who was anything but. He was a phony whether his friends, family and Nancy "Jodi is dragging Travis through the mud" Grace want to admit or not. But again, he didn't deserve to be murdered and Jodi is a nutcase.
- White bitches are cray cray.
- Tootsie Pops, Pop Rocks, and don't forget the Toblerone bar he threw at her after he jizzed on her face.
- Travis probably was a dick and not really a smart guy. I read that his favorite movie was "The Secret" and among his favorite books was "Atlas Shrugged" among with a bunch of how to be a millionaire type books. I doubt he could make it through an Ayn Rand book but that's just my opinion. He was like any other Scottsdale douche who fancied himself a ladies man, trying to get some pussy on the side while looking for a marriage type girl. He played this one really wrong though, and now he's dead. Too bad he didn't see the warning signs, or pay attention. He and Dan Broderick could commiserate about this in another world. Jodi will be convicted of murder, the Phoenix jury won't believe it wasn't premeditated. I just wish they would hurry up the trial. God another week or so of redirect should be aggravating.
- For anyone who has read through the texts and any other communication between Travis and Jodi, why did he call her a whore and other demeaning things? Was it simply because she was having sex with him or because the sex was kinky?
I've mentioned before that I knew a girl that reminds me a lot of Jodi and because of that watching Jodi makes me sad. Yeah, she is a killer. She premeditated that murder and by rule of law she deserves the death penalty. But I can't stop thinking about the girl I knew (Marta) and how fucked up she is and that while she is fully capable to understand what about her actions are right or wrong, there is a part of her that is just not here anymore. A part of her that checked out and makes her capable of some really heartless shit.
Something makes people like that check out from the reality of the rational and when you see it up close you realize that there is still a human being in there, a really fucked up human being that can't be helped unless they are willing to look at the world the way rational people are supposed to.
In Jodi world I'm sure she believes she did nothing wrong even though she knows and understands that committing murder is wrong. That girl has a lot of rage in her and it started long before she met Travis but he was the straw.
- r539 i'm sure there is something in there good about Jodi but I haven't seen it. Everything she does is disingenuous. Her persona is always phony. Even the "happy" phone calls with Travis. Clearly she has self-esteem issues and could benefit from getting to know herself some. It sounds like she has a girl in jail already and so will never spend any time alone doing introspection.
- Jodi seemed to be obsessed with men and penis. I thought that the three-some question was going to show she liked women, but no dice.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised she's fucking chicks behind bars, but I'm pretty sure she'll drop her like a hot potato if she goes free.
Jodi seems like a vapid human being. She is whatever she has to be in order to survive.
And for some odd reason, I think she has very bad breath.
- A message from Jodi on her support site:
First up, Jodi would like me to let you know that Bryan Carr is a loser. Everything he says is a lie and he is NOT a friend of Jodi’s. All the info he’s putting out in his TV interviews is BS.
So their you have it. She's touching on the really important things.
- Sorry 'there'.
- Does it creep anyone else out that r15s link to a gore site (which shows a banner image of a chick roasting on a spit) has flash ads to straight porn sites.
Heterosexuals are disgusting.
- She recorded their calls, too. I doubt Travis knew she was recording.
- r544 Yes, I am a straight chick and those ads are obnoxious. I sent my sister to that site last night to look at the Travis pics and had to warn her about the porn stuff. Dead bodies are ok but that frantic porn is headache making.
r545 I'm sure he didn't know she was recording or he wouldn't have sounded so lackluster and lame. Poor guy, on his death he is flamed for his bad body, being a pedo, his seeming lameness in bed..A horrible age to get murdered in. Nothing is sacred.
- Here is an email from the Jodi support site that was supposedly (yeah right, try definitely) sent to Lisa Andrews who was dating Travis at the time of the tire slashing:
“You are a shameful whore. Your Heavenly Father must be deeply ashamed of the whoredoms you’ve committed with that insidious man. If you let him stay in your bed one more time or even sleep under the same roof as him, you will be giving the appearance of evil. You are driving away the Holy Ghost, and you are wasting your time. You are also compromising your salvation and breaking your bapitismal covenants. Of all the commandments to break, committing acts of whoredom is one of the most displeasing in the eyes of the Lord. You cannot be ashamed enough of yourself. You are filthy, and you need to repent and come clean in the eyes of God. Think about your future husband, and how you disrespect not only yourself, but him, as well as the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Is that what you want for yourself? Your future, your salvation, and your posterity is resting on your choices and actions. You are a daughter of God, and you have been a shameful example. Be thou clean, sin no more. Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to make the right choices. I know you are strong enough to choose the right. Your Father in Heaven is pulling for you. Don’t ignore the promptings you receive, because they are vital to your spiritual well-being.”
- On the recorded phone sex tape, Travis says to Jodi something like "rejoice" in the fact that you're a whore who's sole purpose is to do whatever I want. He goes on to call her body that of the "ultimate slut." He never says it's beautiful or anything respectful. After he said that, Jodi should have ended things then and maybe things wouldn't have ended the way they did. It's obvious from him saying that right to her that he didn't respect her and wasn't going to marry her. That fact plus all Travis' friends not liking her should have kept her away.
Yes, she's crazy. One of the creepiest things she did was send Travis' grandmother 20 white irises after she killed him. She's said she chose irises because she and Travis had talked about having kids and he liked the name Iris for a girl, but I don't know whether I believe that.
- I don't believe it r548. More of Jodi's deluded thinking that she and Travis had a future together. I doubt even a marriage minded young guy is going to sit around and discuss hypothetical baby names but especially not a young playa like Travis. She will probably write a book with all of these shattered dreams in them, she loves to wax about all the "special" times they had. I think it was just sack time and I guarantee she's the one who bought the "1000 things to see before you die" book and it was her idea to take those trips.
- Could someone please provide a link to the Jodi support site?
Is it a lot of women or horny fat guys who post on there?
- Bryan Carr is the guy that is in court everyday supporting her.
It was so odd last week when it came out that Jodi called an old boyfriend because a customer she waited on told her the world was going to end and she had to let him know.
What do the people in Arizona think the verdict will be? I hope she gets the death penalty but who knows. It is hard to imagine anyone thinking this is anything other than premeditated and incredibly brutal. If she was really as smart as she thinks she is one gun shot would have done it and she could possibly get away with it but the overkill......
- Prosecutor never did ask her why she would want to have children with a man she said was a pedo.
- Do any of the queens on here support Jodi?
If she's found guilty I think I'll go to the support site and troll.
- r553 If? She will be. And you can mark my words on that. You should troll their site anyhow, they are crazy fanatics and say the most ridiculous shit. I can't wait till she is found guilty, then the site will be about how shitty her lawyer is and how we must write for an appeal. I know he is sucky but right now they love him. They will turn on him. Mark my words.
- I wonder what criteria the prosecution and defense wanted in a juror. Mormon or non-Mormon? Actively involved in any denomination? Type of work? How many sex partners? Gay or straight?
Given the nature of the evidence that would be used, they might of had to ask potential jurors more intimate questions than usual.
- 540 I only see some humanity in Jodi because of my dealings with Marta. I agree about how Jodi comes across. She has no idea who she is. She is really fucked up and disassociated. But like I said I had been around someone like that so I have seen how pitiful they are behind the front.
- I don't know, R555, but Jodi better hope there's no gay jurors after the insults she made earlier. I tried to accept Jodi's story about being a battered woman and that it was self defense and watched the trial every day (I work from home). But, although Travis was a phoney dick, her case hasn't been proven at all. I dislike Martinez and his style of badgering Jodi on the stand over the smallest thing. But, in terms of the gas cans and other stuff, it looks like Jody did plan this ahead and it also looks like she wasn't really battered. Even loser fake dicks don't deserve to die and she should have just moved on. She had another boyfriend in what? 5 minutes anyhow, so too bad she had to go back to Travis' to do him in.
The only thing I can "support" Jodi in, but that's not really the right word, is that Travis was not the saint everyone's making him out to be and she's not the slut Travis made her out to be as it seems like she only had one bf at a time. But, yes, I'm going to keep watching the trial to see if there's any way that she did not plan the road trip to kill him, but yeah, good luck with that, Jodi.
- According to a "poster" at the Jodi support site, the jury is white, and older.
- Link to Jodi site!
- Thanks R558. I suspected it might be a mostly (if not all) white jury. I know Jean Tyrannosaurus has also mentioned the number of m/f. Early on the trial she did say that there was a younger, 20-something male. She may have gotten her hand slapped for TMI because she has never been that specific again.
- Here is the link, She's anything but innocent. Only another sack job would believe that she is not guilty or innocent.
- Good grief, the Jodi support site is filled with people as crazy as she is. I love how they say that Martinez is the 7th of 8 children born to illiterate Mexicans. Even if that is true he seems to have overcome that obstacle. I have to go back to the site when Jodi is found guilty and see what they have to say.
- Why isn't In Session or any court shows on today? It's just random tv shows. What happened?
- I wondered the same 563. Maybe it will be on HLN.
- They are discussing the case on channel 116. That is HLN news on Sirius XM so I'm thinking they will show it on HLN
- Nothing is on TruTV nor HLN. Something is up. It's back tomorrow though. TruTV is like HSN. They just talk, and talk, and talk, when there's nothing really going on.
- The court has short hours, I thought it didn't start till 10:15? They are saying on HLN that live testimony begins soon so we'll see..
- It's on HLN right now, redirect with her fat lawyer.
- r562 I know, the Martinez son of an immigrant stuff is irrelevant. I mean if those dummies want to be snobby it should be pointed out that their golden girl is a fucking high school dropout AND an admitted killer..but really, who cares?
- Who is Martinez? And isn't she Mexican too?
- Geez. More talk about vaginal and anal sex again today. Hasn't that been done to death for the previous 3 weeks?
Even if she is telling the truth about the sex (and who can actually believe anything she says?) there is nothing so unusual about the sexual relationship that she describes. Speaking openly about it isn't always comfortable, but she doesn't even embellish the stories to the point that they sound all that sordid to my ears.
She never says any of the incidents were rape exactly - she says she never told Travis to stop any of the sex. The girl has already slandered his name, so I wonder why she stopped herself from adding that for some bonus points.
She can say he made her feel like a prostitute sometimes. Big deal! Kick rocks then, lady. Often times women like that 'role' (or at least act like they enjoy it) in a sexual relationship and she's one of them.
Her attorney just asked her if they'd had a discussion about STDs. Jodi with her loose, floppy meat curtains was far more likely to have given him an STD than the other way around. From her own testimony, she definitely makes it sound like she had a far more extensive sexual history than he did.
Based on her story, the reason she tried to maintain a relationship with him after they'd broken up is because she had determined that she was going to "cure" him of his sexual desire for young boys. This high school drop-out waitress was going to use her years of expertise in aiding people with mental disorders in order to fix him. She's such a saint.
I'm annoyed with every stinking thing she says. I'm annoyed with her monotonous voice. I'm annoyed with the way she looks at the jury to answer every question. I'm annoyed with the way she stands with her hands folded like she's a soloist in the church choir as the jury comes and goes from the courtroom. I'm annoyed with the way her attorney tries to use such a tender voice with her as he asks the questions that they've rehearsed to death before coming to court.
And I'm annoyed that based on how little they've actually talked about before the lunch break today, it looks like this will be another couple of days of her getting to lie about stuff that can't be disproven (that might not be a word).
- r571, that's basically her entire defense. They can't let the sex thing go. She's making it out that he was a pervert, a pedophile, who was raping her, and she snapped.
- Martinez is the prosecutor.
- [R538] Travis did fit the mold of a Scottsdale douche, but he lived in Mormon land suburb Mesa. He was a dumb guy who dreamed of being mega rich and living in the richest parts of Scottsdale. He just doesn't have the intelligence, resources, or skills to do all that. PPL the company he worked for is pretty much a joke. He was also carrying a lot of home related debt at the time of his death. He did seem like a nice guy with his Mormon friends. But he was probably a giant homophobe like Jodi. One of Travis' fellow Mormon buddies had a blog up where he talked about supporting Prop 102 in Arizona.
I have visited that Jodi support site and I think a lot of the people supporting Jodi are idiots, but they bring up a lot of good points about Travis' friends and relatives. They mentioned something that Travis was estranged from a few of this siblings and that is why only the two sisters and one brother have been attending the trial. They have also discussed how fucked up the LDS church can be. I watched the Dateline episode last Friday and I got annoyed with older Mormon guy who was interview. He talked about how Travis was going to be kicked out of the LDS single wards because he hadn't married before age 31. The LDS church has pretty shitty attitudes towards single members who are over the age 25. Mitt and Ann Romney have painted the LDS church as a wholesome nice community, when in reality the church is fucked up in many ways and people who have left the LDS church don't talk about certain things because of fear of reprisal.
- OP (or other who can start a thread) Please include the word "quacking" in the continuation thread. I always found JV and NG annoying but the word quacking is a much better fit.
It comes to mind every time I see a commercial or promo for their shows and pretty much drew my initial interest in this thread.
- Agreee r575. The quacking thing is hilarious. I told my sister to look up this thread and said it's the one that has "quacking" in it, in case there are other Jodi threads here. I hope it's continued over, quacking two, electric boogaloo.
- Jodi is so full of shit, she LOVED the sex and she most probably instigated all of it. Juan Martinez is a little spitfire today which is a great contrast to the lumbering Nurmi, who has all of the energy of a refrigerator light bulb.
- Does anyone from Arizona know what Nurmis rep as a lawyer is? I have heard that she went through several lawyers and wanted to defend herself. That would be something to see.
- I hope to God the jury isn't buying this bullshit. Her lawyer asked if she had planned to murder Travis, and she said no. Well, explain the gas cans, the upside down license plate, the turning off the cell phone through AZ. Explain the knife and the gun. She tried, and it all came off like bullshit to me.
Did they ever find pieces of this rope? there had to be fibers right? If he cut it with a knife. She was just jealous, and she killed him. And no way was he coming after her, after she shot him in the head. I swear, if this jury doesn't convict 1st degree, I will be stunned.
- I think Nurmi specializes in defending people charged with sex crimes. He was a public defender and then left to go to private practice but the state asked him to defend Arias as a private attorney and they are paying him 200 something an hour. After he left the public defender's office he filed a couple of petitions to withdraw from the case but was denied.
- What? He is getting 200 an hour for this travesty? Fuck, no wonder he has no problem with her going off on tangents for weeks. He's a shitty lawyer and when she is convicted and appeals it will be based on his crappy defense.
- Why did he want off of the case? I would love to know what bethinks about this whacko. There is nothing likable about her.
- By the way, playing the sex tape with ONLY Travis' voice seemed pretty fucking prejudicial to me. Jodi was just as into it as he was, and for the judge to allow that to be played was wrong.
Jodi has the mindset of a 13 year old girl. All Dear Diary and if I let Travis shoot his jizz on my face he'll love me.
- r582 From what I hear the lawyers who wanted off her case did so because it was a death penalty case, it probably won't look good on their record.
- r583 Agreed. The judge seems to make a lot of concessions for Jodi, I guess also because it's a DP case and she doesn't want misconduct to be part of the appeals reasons.
- I missed the trial today, but heard it was a rehash of the sex tapes on this redirect. It seems that's all the defense really has and so far it hasn't proved the murder as being justified. Maybe it's a good thing I missed it today as all of the details such as Travis saying how much he wanted to tie Jodi to a tree and stick a tree branch up her ass while he had a camera going. You know though, the only thing I like about that is that no one -- Travis' friends, family and any of the prosecutors or the "quackers" Nancy and Jane would have *ever* believed Mormon Saint Travis would have said or even thought anything like that. Is this why Jodi taped it or???? I don't know *when* she recorded this -- does anyone?
- I think Jodi taped the phone sex to blackmail Travis. I think she confronted him with it on or around May 26 and that's why he sent her the texts calling her a socipath, evil, etc.
- And then 2 days after he called her sociopath, worst thing to ever happen to him...her grandparent's gun goes missing. Then a week later Travis is dead.
That autopsy pic of his bloody, stabbed back?? OMG! It's on goregrish.com forum.
- Jesus, I didn't see all those pics before r588. I love the juxtaposition of Jodi's gaping twat and Travis' gaping throat wound. She's fucked.
- In Session is only on from 9 to 11 a.m. from now on probably showing tiny parts of previously recorded trials. They've switched this trial to HLN but they heavily censor the sexual parts and have commercials every 4 minutes. In Session/Court TV was my favorite.
- r590 I'll say TruTv wasn't censored. I almost spit out my smoothie when they had Jodi's phony blaring voice going on about titty fucking..you won't get that anywhere else. I will be sad too.
- You can watch the entire session each day through CNN website. At CNN, click on Live TV and the bottom right will show the live events that available to watch. It is COMPLETELY uncensored and there are no commercials, commentators, etc. Just a live feed. It usually hits the queue about 5-10 mins before they start.
- R592, I said HLN censors everything, not In Session which is practically non-existent.
- Sorry, I meant R591.
- There are lots of live streams, too. I've been using the one at the link but I switch to 4G when I'm at work - all this talk of anal is gonna get me fired.
- lol at r595
- Thank you 584 (582 )
BS on letting the sex tapes in with only Travis. Anyone that has ever had phone sex knows about discussing fantasies and it's possible there is no interest in doing certain things but the fun is in playing.
I was in an abusive marriage and I discussed with a few friends. It is unbelievably stressful and you need support until you can gather the courage to leave. No way do I believe she was ever abused. He used her for sex but she went right along with it.
Dr Drew had someone call in that wa in the courtroom today and the men don't seem to be falling for her bs. I would hate to see her out because let one man piss her off and who knows what she would do. Anyone that can do what she did to Travis deserves death.
- She seems to have the same nasty ass, snotty attitude with her own attorney as she did with the prosecutor. She is very unsympathetic character.
- Ok, who here has been threatening her family? On the Jodi is innocent site it had a message from her sister saying that Travis' family and supporters are mean and horrible! One of them called her two year old daughter a cunt.
- Dr. Drew had some guests on saying that the jurors appear over the whole thing at this point. I'm sure they are more than ready to deliberate.