Number one today in 1976!
Miss Ross stars in 'Mahogany' and knows where she's going to!
- I saw Mahogany at the Crosstown Theater in Memphis, now a Jehovah's Witness temple.
The theater was packed, and people were singing along with the theme!
- Now the bitch can't even get a seat in a restaurant.
I am THOROUGHLY SCANDALIZED!
- I'm a WINNAH! A WINNAH!
And YOU... you're a LOSER!
- I love this song, and it always struck me as so sad...
- People LOVE MEEEE!
- Kisses to you op.
- R5, me too. It has a real melancholy feel to it and it always makes me sad even after all these years - I was in Jr. High when it was a hit.
- It wasn't as bad as they said in 1976. I'd look at it if they showed it on TV.
- One of the first 45s I ever bought!
- I also love the theme to Mahogany. It's such a melancholy song.
- "Diana Ross herself designed her character's fashions, which seem inspired by Chinese restaurant decor."
- [quote]One of the first 45s I ever bought!
DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery.
Talking to DataLounge servers.
Please wait a moment...