All Threads by Date
Outkast's Big Boi- I vote libertarian!
Just like Snoop Dogg...er, Lion, who supported Ron Paul, another major hip hop artist has embraced libertarianism!
In a recent interview on HuffPost Live, Georgia native and former member of the hip-hop duo OutKast, Antwan “Big Boi” Patton said he voted for the Libertarian Presidential candidate, former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson, breaking the many in the industry who supported President Barack Obama, the Democratic candidate.
Big Boi, who apparently marches to his own drummer, said he had nothing against Mr. Obama saying, “he’s a nice guy, but you know, the things that they’re standing on right now just didn’t agree with me”.
“I’m a Libertarian. I’m liberty, justice for all, liberty for all. I’m really pro-people, pro-freedom, and, you know, this is all about positivity”, Patton said.
During the interview, Big Boi recounted an encounter with a white lady the day after the election.
“Well, I was, you know, leaving to go out of town, and it was a lady — a Caucasian lady — and she was like, ‘Oh yeah, congratulations on y’all win last night,’ you know, with like an attitude,” Big Boi recalled. “And, you know, just to let her know I was on my P’s and Q’s, I was like, ‘I don’t know what you talkin’ bout, I voted for Gary Johnson.’ And she looked shocked to even know that I knew there were other candidates on the ballot, you know what I’m saying? So, you can’t judge a book by its cover.”
Gary Johnson garnered about 1.27 million votes on November 6, 2012.
Last January, Libertarian leaning Republican Presidential candidate, Dr. Ron Paul received a quasi-endorsement from rapper Snoop Dogg.
Snoop posted a photo of Paul on his Facebook page Sunday with the headline “Smoke Weed Everyday.” The caption of the photo reads a simple “Because I said so.”
His action was certainly due to Paul’s consistent stance on the decriminalization of marijuana he held throughout his career.
- Anyone who votes libertarian is a fucking idiot.
- Why, R1?
- Because they're craxy!
Glibness isn't helpful.
What, specifically, about freedom scares you so much? Do you think that you should be free to marry anyone you choose? That you should be able to ingest any substance? That you should never be forced to do anything you don't want to do? That murder, theft and fraud are wrong, even if committed by people that call themselves your "governors" or "leaders"? That stealing from the poor to give to the rich is wrong?
Which of these things bother you?
- Translation--I'm rich. I'd be a Republican if that would not cause me to be ostracized. It's so convenient to have an anti-tax party that's cool with weed.
The poor suffer more than the ultra rich under the current system.
Your inability (more likely unwillingness to discard your cherished beliefs) to see that is what makes it tragic.
- Yes--The poor would be so much better off left to fend for themselves.
- Oh, and R5-
I'm only rich because I recognized a decade ago that the government was raping the poor and giving it to the top.01% and used that knowledge to make money. I give more to charity in a week than you make.
I need to be less generous with my money, though, since the parasites are coming after more and more.
Fend for themselves? Is that what you think?
Do you have any concept of civil society, or what it would look like it not for the distortions and perversions created by a corrupt welfare warfare system?
- [quote]Glibness isn't helpful.
Dear heart, when you're dealing with a loon like you, nothing is helpful. Fortunately, we don't have to take you seriously and can just stand back and laugh at your silliness.
[quote]What, specifically, about freedom scares you so much?
- [quote]The poor suffer more than the ultra rich under the current system.
They would suffer more under a libertarian system, dear. And they did fine under this very system until a few decades ago when the nutcases took over.
[quote]Your inability (more likely unwillingness to discard your cherished beliefs) to see that is what makes it tragic.
ROFL.... Speaking of "unwillingness to discard your cherished beliefs," do let us know when that hyperinflation and economic meltdown take place, won't you?
- [quote]Do you have any concept of civil society, or what it would look like it not for the distortions and perversions created by a corrupt welfare warfare system?
Yup, and it would be a nightmare.
- I love R10,11,12-
Too stupid to see how stupid she is, but willing to lie, cheat and steal to protect her beloved democrats.
- [quote]Too stupid to see how stupid she is, but willing to lie, cheat and steal to protect her beloved democrats.
ROFL.... Love you too, snookums.
- [quote]I'm only rich because I recognized a decade ago that the government was raping the poor and giving it to the top.01% and used that knowledge to make money. I give more to charity in a week than you make.
That's rather presumptuous of you. Being concerned about the poor does not mean I am poor. You seem really ugly. A high income can't fix an empty soul.
- Libertarian is just shorthand for Republican. They are more right wing than progressive.
- Who cares, they turned out to be one-hit-wonders.
- Is Andre 3000 still as hot as ever?
- No, libertrians want to end the police state, restore civil liberties, end the bailouts of the banks and stop fascism.
- Well, sure, R19, in your own little fantasy world. Out here in the real world, things are a little different. You should join us here someday. You might even like it here.
- A nobody. Next.
- Miss Yellow is a hoot!
- OP, the author of the Aaron Swartz suicide thread turned the entire thing into a Libertarian PR stunt. Sick fuck.
- He's a HUGE Bush supporter.
Kate Bush that is.
- [R17] how are they one-hit wonders when all their albums went multi-platinum? Big Boi might not be able to produce a hit on his own but as a group that is otherwise...