All Threads by Date
Outkast's Big Boi- I vote libertarian!
Just like Snoop Dogg...er, Lion, who supported Ron Paul, another major hip hop artist has embraced libertarianism!
In a recent interview on HuffPost Live, Georgia native and former member of the hip-hop duo OutKast, Antwan “Big Boi” Patton said he voted for the Libertarian Presidential candidate, former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson, breaking the many in the industry who supported President Barack Obama, the Democratic candidate.
Big Boi, who apparently marches to his own drummer, said he had nothing against Mr. Obama saying, “he’s a nice guy, but you know, the things that they’re standing on right now just didn’t agree with me”.
“I’m a Libertarian. I’m liberty, justice for all, liberty for all. I’m really pro-people, pro-freedom, and, you know, this is all about positivity”, Patton said.
During the interview, Big Boi recounted an encounter with a white lady the day after the election.
“Well, I was, you know, leaving to go out of town, and it was a lady — a Caucasian lady — and she was like, ‘Oh yeah, congratulations on y’all win last night,’ you know, with like an attitude,” Big Boi recalled. “And, you know, just to let her know I was on my P’s and Q’s, I was like, ‘I don’t know what you talkin’ bout, I voted for Gary Johnson.’ And she looked shocked to even know that I knew there were other candidates on the ballot, you know what I’m saying? So, you can’t judge a book by its cover.”
Gary Johnson garnered about 1.27 million votes on November 6, 2012.
Last January, Libertarian leaning Republican Presidential candidate, Dr. Ron Paul received a quasi-endorsement from rapper Snoop Dogg.
Snoop posted a photo of Paul on his Facebook page Sunday with the headline “Smoke Weed Everyday.” The caption of the photo reads a simple “Because I said so.”
His action was certainly due to Paul’s consistent stance on the decriminalization of marijuana he held throughout his career.
- Anyone who votes libertarian is a fucking idiot.
- Why, R1?
- Because they're craxy!
Glibness isn't helpful.
What, specifically, about freedom scares you so much? Do you think that you should be free to marry anyone you choose? That you should be able to ingest any substance? That you should never be forced to do anything you don't want to do? That murder, theft and fraud are wrong, even if committed by people that call themselves your "governors" or "leaders"? That stealing from the poor to give to the rich is wrong?
Which of these things bother you?
- Translation--I'm rich. I'd be a Republican if that would not cause me to be ostracized. It's so convenient to have an anti-tax party that's cool with weed.
The poor suffer more than the ultra rich under the current system.
Your inability (more likely unwillingness to discard your cherished beliefs) to see that is what makes it tragic.
- Yes--The poor would be so much better off left to fend for themselves.
- Oh, and R5-
I'm only rich because I recognized a decade ago that the government was raping the poor and giving it to the top.01% and used that knowledge to make money. I give more to charity in a week than you make.
I need to be less generous with my money, though, since the parasites are coming after more and more.
Fend for themselves? Is that what you think?
Do you have any concept of civil society, or what it would look like it not for the distortions and perversions created by a corrupt welfare warfare system?
- [quote]Glibness isn't helpful.
Dear heart, when you're dealing with a loon like you, nothing is helpful. Fortunately, we don't have to take you seriously and can just stand back and laugh at your silliness.
[quote]What, specifically, about freedom scares you so much?
- [quote]The poor suffer more than the ultra rich under the current system.
They would suffer more under a libertarian system, dear. And they did fine under this very system until a few decades ago when the nutcases took over.
[quote]Your inability (more likely unwillingness to discard your cherished beliefs) to see that is what makes it tragic.
ROFL.... Speaking of "unwillingness to discard your cherished beliefs," do let us know when that hyperinflation and economic meltdown take place, won't you?
- [quote]Do you have any concept of civil society, or what it would look like it not for the distortions and perversions created by a corrupt welfare warfare system?
Yup, and it would be a nightmare.
- I love R10,11,12-
Too stupid to see how stupid she is, but willing to lie, cheat and steal to protect her beloved democrats.
- [quote]Too stupid to see how stupid she is, but willing to lie, cheat and steal to protect her beloved democrats.
ROFL.... Love you too, snookums.
- [quote]I'm only rich because I recognized a decade ago that the government was raping the poor and giving it to the top.01% and used that knowledge to make money. I give more to charity in a week than you make.
That's rather presumptuous of you. Being concerned about the poor does not mean I am poor. You seem really ugly. A high income can't fix an empty soul.
- Libertarian is just shorthand for Republican. They are more right wing than progressive.
- Who cares, they turned out to be one-hit-wonders.
- Is Andre 3000 still as hot as ever?
- No, libertrians want to end the police state, restore civil liberties, end the bailouts of the banks and stop fascism.
- Well, sure, R19, in your own little fantasy world. Out here in the real world, things are a little different. You should join us here someday. You might even like it here.
- A nobody. Next.
- Miss Yellow is a hoot!
- OP, the author of the Aaron Swartz suicide thread turned the entire thing into a Libertarian PR stunt. Sick fuck.
- He's a HUGE Bush supporter.
Kate Bush that is.
- [R17] how are they one-hit wonders when all their albums went multi-platinum? Big Boi might not be able to produce a hit on his own but as a group that is otherwise...
- This makes me love him even more!
- what next? "LINDSAY LOHAN, LIBERTARIAN!"
they get all the real talents.
- John Mayer is a Libertarian too.
- Oh, I'm so oppressed! I'm a libatard, and those nasty haters of liberty and haters of freedom make me feel so oppressed!
- [quote]Well, sure, [R19], in your own little fantasy world. Out here in the real world, things are a little different. You should join us here someday. You might even like it here.
We have no choice but to live in your police state with your imagined freedoms, limited rights, and unlimited government.
You do realize that in a libertarian state groups would be free to set up communities of any sort you want, don't you? You could establish a "communist" town where the citizens have no private property, everything would be owned by the community, and the work and revenues would be divided up in a "Marxist" fashion.
Sadly, the opposite is not true in the police state you love so much. You force others to live according to the way you think they should. What makes you think you know best how other people should live their lives?
There are a lot of gay libertarians and the Libertarian Party since it was founded in the early 1980s has advocated marriage freedom by getting government restrictions OUT of marriage altogether. The Democratic Party has been way behind the curve on this. It's pretending to lead the way when actually they've just jumped out in front of the parade. The Republican Party is, of course, clueless.
- He must be a racist.
No minority could ever support personal freedom.
Allowing people to live life free of government coercion and violence is wrong.
- Big Boi's great.
- Libertarian troll - stop bumping up all the threads.
- These guys like their money, they like guns, are probably pro-life (ironically), and do not like gay people. I can see them not liking Democrats because of their stance on gay rights. Republicans don't like blacks at all so I can see them staying away from them. Yep, Libertarians is a good choice.
Why do you love the government so ardently?
- R35 - You are proving the point that libertarians are petulant children who see the world in black and white terms and can't see any nuance.
Then explain your racist bullshit about how black people who vote libertarian are "uncle Tom" traitors.
- I would love to have a live experiment of ideology, like the Conservative utopia that Brownback is conducting in Kansas. We can argue back and forth, but unless we see it played out, we can never convince Libertarians that, like Communism, it's only in theory, but not so much in real life.
Wasn't there a Libertarian utopia that failed miserably?
- Just another stupid american who will vote for the wrong candidate!
- A black libertarian?
- Is voting for a failed candidate really "embracing" libertarianism? I'd like to know how he lives his life.
- Funny, because all the libertarians I've run across are serial racists.
Expand your social group.
Libertarian social gatherings are the most diverse I've ever encountered.
- I still adore Outkast, but not going to follow Big Boi down that particular rabbit hole.
Are you afraid you will discover that the government "saying it thrice" doesn't make it true?
That you might discover that your old beliefs are wrong, and fear rejection from your peers?
What scares you about liberty, about a system of belief that refuses to abjure you of the crimes the government commits in the name of "freedom and liberty"?
- Oh just shut the fuck up, Libertarian Idiot Troll(TM). Give it a fucking rest already.
Why are you so angry?
I post rational analysis, and you come screaming like a Frau.
- I see the insane Libertarian troll is back. Now he's trying his "I'm so reasonable" act.
Libertarians are just Republicans, only worse.
Name calling is so mature.
Debate one point. Pick it.
You can't because you know I will hand your ass to you on a plate, garnished with your tongue, eyebrows and testicles.
Try me. Pick one point, and since I assume you're too poor to start a thread, I'll start the thread with your post, and wait 24hrs to reply so you can gather your wits.
Try it. One point. Please?
- I don't debate Libertarians. You aren't worth the effort. You're all slime. I have never met a Libertarian who wasn't an awful person.
Ad Hominem. You can do better.
Refusing to debate someone just shows how weak your position really is.
Are you scared?
- Scared? No, Libertarianism is an utter failure as a political system and has absolutely no chance of ever being implemented. At most you morons are a social irritant, not something to be afraid of.
Then debate one point- any point, you choose. Pick the most pro-government socialist stance you can find, and let me destroy your "reasoning".
Are you too scared to debate?
If all those stupid rappers had their libertarian utopia they would all kill each other within 6 months.
- [quote]If all those stupid rappers had their libertarian utopia they would all kill each other within 6 months.
You mean BOTH rappers?
- Another thought: Why don't those super rich guys just make it happen. Get your own country and start your utopian libertarian nightmare. Every month I would love to look and see what unlimited greed, power, dominance and lawlessness will do to them.