- Does anybody remember Jim Palmer and all those Jockey underwear ads he did?
- Matt Biondi. My sister's best friend had a magazine (People or something) that had a full-page ad featuring him shirtless, and I somehow convinced my sister to get her friend to clip it out for me.
- Pete Sampras, ca. 1994
- Mark Spitz and I spent a lot of time on those Jim Palmer underwear adds too :-)
- K E V I N E L S T E R
- More MLB athletes than I can name.
- Boris Becker. Those thighs....grrrrrrrrrr.
- In the summer of 1986, while the other gay boys were swooning over the pretty boys in Duran Duran and Wham! I was having a torrid and imaginary affair with Keith Hernandez.
- mmmmmmmm Kurt Thomas!
- Steve Garvey and his hairy, meaty forearms.
- Who was the short, tubby one?
- Greg Louganis with his tight body and little speedo.
Another Jim Palmer fan here, too.
- Bucky Dent was a hottie in his day
- Jan-Michael Gambill.
- Keith Hernandez is at least bi.
- The Bull of the Pampas: Guillermo Vilas
- R15 please, dont tease me like that.
- He is kind of before my time, but good god, he was gorgeous.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
- Cam Newton
- Steve Young
When I was a kid, before I knew I was gay, I knew I wanted to spend quality time with Steve Young. I later found out that he was something called "Mormon." Even later I learned that Mormons wear "magic underwear" and I immediately wanted to see Steve in his garments. I must have been 11 or so.
- When I was living in SF and Steve Young was with the Niners there were the requisite gay rumors. Of course that follows anyone in the public eye but with him it was particularly delicious because he was so beautiful and so Mormon.
- Casey Kahne
- Anders Järryd and Stefan Edberg.
- For R10:
Another of Steve Garvey.
- OJ Simpson (seriously)
- Mark Gastineau did it for me, specifically these photos. There was abandoned tennis court near our house with weeds growing through the cement, totally private. I used to fantasize that I would "accidentally" wonder upon him sunbathing in that private area, with one thing leading to another, til he fucked the brains out of me.
- R27 I remember him. Didnt he turn out to be a big jerk who got busted beating his wife or something?
- Yeah, r28, he was a pretty shady guy, but as a gay teen in the 1980s, he drove me insane with lust. His type really did it for me back then. Rick Rude was another one who drove me nuts with desire.
- Bobby Orr
and, heaven help me, Bubba Smith. I met him over a few days when my uncle was an entrepreneur in sports merchandising. He was friendly, charming, solicitous, even flirty with me the little gayling, and quite handsome in his younger days. And very tall. I presume he was straight, he had a lot of women around him.
Many years later he attended my uncle's funeral and was a different person. Riddled with health problems, heavy drinker, very overweight, aged badly. But not all the charm was gone. He and a bunch of us got really blotto in my cousin's hotel room. He had a woman with him but he sent her back to his room in the same hotel, saying it was "guys only."
She acquiesced easily, like she was used to it. She was pretty rough herself, a greasy little blonde on her 30s, the type who drinks Nyquil.
He and I only spoke one on one for a few minutes. He remembered me, said he knew then I was "gay boy." Made a few blowjob jokes, and kept drinking. Eventually a few of us had to bring him to his room, including my then partner. My partner's comment... "You were attracted to that!!!???"
- R29 LOL I remember Rick Rude, and yea, my teen dick responded to that. Hernandez, Rude, Gastineau. Sounds like we had the same taste in men.
- Ravishing Rick Rude. Also NFL Russ Francis. I also remember Jim Brown's dick shots in Playgirl. The golden age.
- Some Olympians were the earliest athlete crushes I remember having.
Speedskaters Eric Heiden & Dan Jansen
Gymnast Bart Conner
- Alex Corretja
- Dan Marino
I look at them now and they look like dumb lugs, plus I don't go for tall guys either.
- I like the girlies, but can appreciate male eye candy, and LOVED the Jim Palmer underwear ads. I saw him once on the street not long after he retired, and he was still amazingly handsome.
I was also a fan of Pam Shriver back in the day, and she's aged well, in a preppy way. (And no matter how many times she's married, including to that guy who played 007, she STILL pings to me.
- Johnny Bench
- Gabriela Sabatini!
The grace, the beauty, the topspin...
- Bucky Dent. End of thread (giggles).
- Kevin Von Erich (hottest of the three wrestling brothers). 6'2" and all lean muscle. SEX on a fucking stick. Woof!
- Another one of Kevin. Yummmmm!
- One more of porn star--
I mean wrestler Kevin.
- Stop this. What if one of those fine upstanding athletes were to read that some perverted children were doing immoral things while thinking about them.
They'd feel awful. Stop trying to justify your perversion by making fine upstanding people feel bad.
- Gene Washington
- R44 Do you need us to fetch you your smelling salts?
- r44, isn't there some scrapbooking you should be doing, or some candlelight vigil that needs to be organized? Run along now...
- Dave DeBusschere.
- Recognizing straightforward parody posts: always a challenge on DL.
- No kidding.
- R49 we actually have had a troll for sometime who has been pitching a fit because they fear some innocent party is going to wander in here and be offended, so its easy to make the mistake.
- The use of "fine, upstanding" should have given him away, R51.
- Does the Soloflex guy count as an athlete?
- "Speedskaters Eric Heiden & Dan Jansen"
Dan Jansen was hot
- speedskaters legs and ass oh fuck me
- Mark Grace
- Astylos of Croton
- Greg Louganis
- Mike Tomczak, former QB for the Ohio State University Buckeyes football team.
Damn that motherfucker was HOT.
- Steve Lundqvist
- Ron Darling
- Alberto "La Bomba" Tomba
- Something about those Lundqvists... check out Henrik Lundqvist of the Rangers. He looks like he stepped out of a Men At Play shoot.
- Boris Becker Went to the matches just to watch him serve and fall out of his jockstrap...then re adjust Mmmmmm
- Yes, R38! After all these years she still does it for me! Those drenched tops, those long tanned legs, that fine butt and smile.... :faints:
- I wanted arch rival decathletes Daley Thompson and Jurgen Hingsen to fuck me ten different ways.
- Does anyone remember Bubby Brister? He was hot
- Andre Agassi. He was so cute and sexy AND emotional, and I wanked thinking about him many times. I remember when he won the Wimbledon in 1992 after years of always losing in the Grand Slams. After the game I had to go to my room and cry in secret because the fight had been so huge. It was David winning Goliath, i.e. Goran Ivanisevic who was a machine. Agassi was human, a bundle of nerves and that game was an emotional rollercoaster the way only the greatest tennis games can be.
- How sweet, R69.
- Billy Kilmer (Redskins Quaterback) and Jimmy Conners. I kept scrapbooks of every article from the Washington Post. Not sure why Kilmer fascinated me. Maybe an Under Dog thing.
- I used to fantasize Mark Spitz would come and take me from my family and be my daddy/lover. I have never told anyone this...gah, how embarrassing.
- Dr. J
and most of all....
- Doug Flutie.
- Vladimir Yaschenko. I was a high-jumper.
- Agree with your post R69. Agassi also had to overcome the emotional abuse his dad/coach put him through when he was young. Dad was a former Olympian in Iran and expected perfection. Agassi's sister married young (to a retired tennis pro)to get away from dad. Agassi finally cut off most contact in his mid 20's.
Another favorite of mine: Todd Marinovich, QB of USC. Was a cute guy, before the heroin. Like Agassi, Todd had an over invested father that refused to let Todd do what he loved most (art).
- Lest you scoff at Yashchenko's straddle style, his 1978 record of 2.35 meters in the high j ump would have won silver at the London Olympics in 2012. The world record set in 1993 is only 2.45 meters. So the Fosbury flop, performance enhancing drugs, and 35 years of advancing sports knowledge have only moved the record up 0.1 meter, or 4 inches. Plus he was beautiful.
- Dwight Evans
Cal Ripken Jr
Laser and Turbo from American Gladiators
- Todd Marinovich? I guess there's a lid for every pot.
- I had a boy boner for Willie Gault.
- R80, he had a hot body
- Not really an athlete, but in was really drawn to George Willig, who climbed the World Trade Center in 1977. I think he was featured on ACB's Wide World of Sports, and he might have competed on ABC's The Superstars.
- Cris Collinsworth wide receiver for the Cincinnati Bengals.
- George Motherfucking Brett
And also Tim, Jeff, Brian, Jimmy, Nick, Devin, etc.
- Jim Thorpe. The cheekbones!
- Mark gastineau. Face wasn't much, but that body!
- You said it R86. Porneriffic.
- Dave Kopay and Joe Namath.
- Tom Daley. Squee!
- You had a crush on Tom Daley GROWING UP?!
- I have never crushed on an athlete. Most of them aren't that good-looking, and while I enjoy a toned body, I've never wanted a man who resembled overstuffed furniture.
- Yes, R90. He's BAE and adorbz.
- Bucky Dent
- Mickey Mantle
- Cal Ripken Jr. Those eyes...
- ...and that ass...
- [quote]I remember when he won the Wimbledon in 1992 after years of always losing in the Grand Slams. After the game I had to go to my room and cry in secret
And Andre went to his room and snorted some.
- I had a crush on Steve Garvey in the mid to late '70s even though I was/am a Giants fan.
What a mess his personal life was.
Garvey, known as "Mr. Clean," seemingly had a "clean" personal life during his early playing days. Manager Tommy Lasorda once commented, "If he ever came to date my daughter, I'd lock the door and not let him out." In the mid to late-1980s, however, Garvey engaged in a series of over-lapping relationships.
At the age of 22, Garvey married Cynthia Truhan." They married in 1971. They had two children, Krisha and Whitney. Cynthia left Garvey for famed composer Marvin Hamlisch. (Cyndy would later claim Garvey "gave me away" to Hamlisch after a private two-hour conversation.). Garvey was already romantically involved with his secretary. The couple divorced in 1983.
Garvey discovered in July 1988 that Cheryl Moulton was pregnant with his child, Ashleigh, a pregnancy Garvey subsequently claimed was intentional on Moulton's part, but without his "consent."
Although Moulton was pregnant with his child, Garvey proposed to Rebecka Mendenhall, who was unaware of Moulton, in November 1988. Garvey and Mendenhall had been in a relationship since August of 1986. He claimed to have asked her to become engaged because of what he termed her "ultimatum" to move on.
In January 1989, Garvey also became engaged to Candace Thomas, whom he met at a benefit for the Special Olympics. He broke the engagement with Mendenhall in a phone call the night of January 23rd, within hours after learning she was pregnant. Their only child, Slade, was born October 13, 1989.
Over the next few weeks, Garvey and Candace Thomas began a whirlwind courtship that included trips to the inauguration of President George H.W. Bush and the Super Bowl.
When these details became public, Garvey's post-baseball political ambitions were widely seen to have disappeared under the weight of two illegitimate children. Garvey, in the midst of what he later termed a "midlife disaster," sued Cyndy, his ex-wife, for access to his two children. His daughters testified in court they did not love their father and did not wish to see him. (Cyndy was handcuffed and jailed, based on 167 counts of contempt.) Under the shadow of multiple lawsuits and damage to his reputation, Garvey lost business opportunities, declared himself broke, and found himself paying half his monthly television earnings in child support, and millions in legal fees. He and Candace Thomas married in February 1989, and had three children, Ryan, Olivia, and Sean. The Garveys remain married almost 25 years and still reside in Southern California.
- Oh my gawd.
[quote]Gastineau has said he has become a changed person and put his turbulent past behind him. Shortly after his release from prison in 2001, he claimed to have a religious conversion to faith in Jesus Christ. Gastineau has appeared on programs such as The 700 Club to speak of his experience.
- Donny Anderson and Bart Starr.
- Miss Dick Buttkiss
- "Gastineau has said he has become a changed person and put his turbulent past behind him. Shortly after his release from prison in 2001, he claimed to have a religious conversion to faith in Jesus Christ. Gastineau has appeared on programs such as The 700 Club to speak of his experience"
So he turned into a fundie freeper. Blech.
- Yvon Lambert
- Jim Palmer, Steve Garvey and Steve Sax.
- The entire Duke basketball team the year they first won the NCAA championship. Boy do ever I miss those short shorts.
- When I was young it was Eric Heiden. It was also hero worship. I even stopped playing hockey for a season to train as a speed skater. My poor, devoted dad. We had lots of land so before the freeze me, him and some friends went out and made a speed skating track. Dug an oval trench and when it got cold filled it with water. For a whole winter me and my friends were out there for hours after school. That was a great winter.
- Bruce Jenner.
- John LeClair, Philadelphia Flyers
- I had a crush on Mark "The Bird" Fidrych. I loved his curly blonde hair. So cute!
- Oh fuck yeah on John Leclair. He just oozes lunkhead masculinity. One of the hottest guys ever.
- Gabe Kapler, Brady Anderson, Troy Aikman, every male gymnast
- r110, he's really handsome
- Roger Clemens.
- Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg
- I never realized how hot Bucky Dent was until I saw that pic at R93.
I think Roger Clemens is hotter now.
- It would be more like who I didn't have a crush on. But no. 1 is Rod Laver. His thighs brushed my bare arms. I didn't wash that area for a while.
Many skaters, esp. Alexander Fadeev and Terry Kibucka (sp?)
Dennis Eckersley. Really the whole Oakland A's team of the '90s.
Many swimmers and divers. Used to go to meets/Olympics trials.
Many Olympic gymnasts.
The Dodgers team that had Steve Garvey, Bill Russell, Ron Cey and Steve Yeager.
Jimmy Connors; Guillermo Vilas; Roscoe Tanner; Jim Courier; Ekberg; Becker and most of them.
Dave Cowens, Boston Celtics. Larry Bird.
- This gorgeous specimen. RIP.
- Another vote for Eric Heiden
- r108, I forgot about LeClair. He was a bit before my time, but loved Hextall, too.
He looks like a 70s porn star.
- Here he is today. Held up pretty well--good hair work and pretty eyes. Yeah, Mary!, I know.
- If you loved Hextall while he was a player than Leclair wasn't before your time.
- Dan O'Brein then and now. What an amazing body. And I've always loved is rather odd smile. He's a hot and handsome man. And at 48, he' hotter than ever,
- A recent photo of Dan. Wowwee
- Johnny Units.
- Someone had a crush on Larry Bird? I guess there's a lid for every pot.
- Frank Gifford oozed sex appeal in the 1950's and 1960's.
- r126, that was my first thought reading that.
I'm attracted to Michael Bay, and I thought that was the worst. Now I feel better.
r122, I don't remember seeing Hextall with the Flyers. LeClair I remember vaguely.
Oh and this guy, too. Ego douche & owners' lackey, but hot as fuck. Brendan Shanahan. He's now Maple Leafs President--god help us.
- When I first read R126, I though he had a crush on Lady Bird.
- If Brendan Shanahan had a dime for every marriage he broke up.
- I wanted Jackie Robinson in me very deeply
- r130, oh spill!
I know about his wife, whom he stole from an abusive team-mate. At least he's still with her, they have 3 kids.
I know he ran around a lot when he was young. Who else did he cuckold?
I heard that some of the guys are more meh about a teammate fucking their wife/gf than others.
- Could be worse, r130. It could be Doug Gilmour.
At least you never heard he never went after 13-15 year olds.
- *At least you never heard Shanahan went after 13-15 year olds.
Fixed that incoherent sentence. Jesus, I don't even drink.
- Shanahan fucked anything with a hole that stood still long enough. He was shoved out of St. Louis due to the constant distraction of it and some X rated photos the team had to buy up. He was a great player, had the looks, and a great personality to go with. For better or worse I guess he was probably a sex addict. Aging really well too.
- This picture sums up the type of personality Shanahan had. People, both male and female, just couldn't help but love the guy.
- Another recent Shanahan
- and it was his babysitter that Gilmour was fucking.
- r138, not just the babysitter. That was what forced one of his trades and became public. His then wife caught him and the girl's parents found out.
She was 13. The others were 15. Many people around the Leafs had stories about his latest girlfriends doing their high school math homework in the player's area below the ice.
r135, he was forced from St Louis because of the Craig Janney situation specifically. Nelson Emerson was fighting with him about something and said well I least I don't fuck my roommate's wife. The brawl was on-some rumours had the cops there. Janney found out (or was present). Allegedly, he beat her and Shanny stood up for her. They've been together 14 years, so I tend to believe it.
What I can't believe is that he doesn't still cat around. He's still hot as fuck.
BTW, I heard bi rumours about him, too, but only around 3 ways. Don't know if that's true.
- bump for surreptitious NHL gossip.
Is Toews still with the trashy gf who may or may not be a beard?
Oh and in keeping with the thread title-tragic haircut, but gorgeous eyes Marty Biron, journeyman netminder
- I've heard lots of rumors about Shanahan swinging both ways but I didn't think I would bring them up because you always get the accusations of bullshit and the thread loses all its fun. There were a ton of out and out gay rumors about Mike Modono when he was in Dallas and everyone knew about Eric Lindros. Some say his brother Brett Lindros too.
- r141, please do bring them up. I'm bi, so I'm used to being told I'm full of shit. ;)
I heard rumours about Modano, too, but always in the context of him being soft, so I didn't pay attention to them.
- Mike Henry -- who went on to play Tarzan.
https://www.google.com/search?q=dennis eckersley&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0OrWU4GBAZWryASpqYKACw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1093&bih=538#q=mike henry football&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=F6SO_rmxhmqngM:;79zc2ZLFYx3D3M;http://www
- Ryne Sandberg, Steve Sax, Ron Cey, Cal Ripkin Jr., many other baseball players. At the start of baseball season in my high school years, I would buy a number of those Baseball season preview magazines and they would be my jerk off material for the spring and summer..had them stashed away. I couldn't get porn, so that was my porn.
- Alexei Yagudin. He kind of looks rough now.
- This is embarrassing to admit, but Jeremy Roenick was goofy hot to me when I was younger.
He's a total attention whore douche, but I thought he was cute.
Another one who can x-post to the who's gay in sports. His lisp is explained away by his many facial injuries. Whatever.
He's married with kids, but so are a lot of closeted gay players. I think he's at least bi.
- Roenick wasn't bad looking. I saw him on television about a year or so ago and he was still considerably good looking.
- r148 He's had a lot of facial work done during his career-this is the pre-visor era.
I think he's had botox, too. I wouldn't put it past him. He had an odd body, though. Small legs, big torso.
Another beautiful big guy-Bob Probert. RIP
- Broadway Joe.
- Oh I forgot about Becker...pure, raw fuck appeal.
Didn't age well, though. Hard liver.
- oops fucked up the link from previous post
- Russian Olympic swimmer Alexander Popov. Mmm-mm.
- What was the name of the hot blond Russian gymnast from the 90s? He'd often take his shirt off for his free routines and the crowds would go crazy.
- Joe Pepitone. Oh, how good looking he was!
Michael Jack Schmidt.
The Boston Celtics team. Larry Bird.
- Bob Griese
- Bobby Knight, the college basketball manager.
Eli and Peyton Mannings dad, Archie Manning.
- R154, Alexei Nemov? Sadly, he no longer looks like how he looks in the picture linked below.
- Tony Conigliaro was the sex appeal of the Boston Red Sox in the late 1960's.
- Richard Todd, New York Jets
Shep Messing, New York Cosmos
- Big homosexual Brady Anderson
- "Eli and Peyton Mannings dad, Archie Manning."
What's weird is that Eli and Peyton look absolutely nothing like Archie
- Isaiah Thomas
- I am from Canada. I was a kid. The summer games were going on in Barcelona in 1996. I saw the Canadian Swimmer Curtis Myden swimming for our country and my heart just stopped literally. I was mesmerized, transfixed. I got into swimming
- r155, I hope you are aware of the marvelous nudes Joe Pepitone did for Foylady back in the 70's. Available on the web….
- John Stockton from the Utah Jazz.
- Holy god! This is Shanahan young. No wonder he had bi rumours. Fucking gorgeous.
- The positively gorgeous Greg Louganis.
- I loved Louganis' body, but hated the tard face.
I was mesmerized by this guy growing up. I used to be thrilled when they showed him out of the car, so I could see his face.
The one and only Ayrton Senna. RIP
- Joe Pepitone Foxy Lady LOL
- r170, NSFW that shit!
- Roberto Clemente.
- I forgot about Dave Cowens and Guillermo Vilas, r117! Yesss!
- Larry Csonka. There was a picture of him in some ad in the 70's. Cute face, gorgeous, thick arms crossed in front of him. That did so something for me.
- Mark Philippoussis, Grant Hill.
- Olympic skater Eric Heiden. Google him. Totally still hot today!
- alexandre Daigle. Top draft pick in the NHL. The press went gaga over him and he believed the hype. Went on the party/Hollywood circuit and wasted away. Probably the biggest NHL flop in History but he sure was as pretty as they come. He even dated Pam Anderson.
- Jose Theodore was beautiful also. Maybe even a little prettier than Daigle.
- r177, I felt sorry for him.
He was a classic case of parents who pushed him into the sport despite his reluctance. When he showed an aptitude for it, all hell broke loose.
I think the biggest NHL flop is Bryan Fogarty.
I always thought Yzerman was hot too. I always thought he was gay/bi. Any gossip?
- Steve Garvey, even though I think he's a total asshole as a human being.
- r178, fuck I never saw him without the mask. God, he was a flaky goalie though.
Tukka Rask looks like the mayor of Whoville, but I think he's oddly cute. Another missed chance for the Leafs.
- I had a thing for OJ Simpson in the late seventies.
- OJ was handsome as a young man (but ugly on the inside, obviously)
- Rick DiPietro is another NHL hottie who turned out to be a draft bust
- What set Daigle apart from other busts was the amount of money he got for his rookie season.
- Shanahan might have even gotten hotter as he ages. Holy hell.
- r184, maybe he got turned off by the, umm...intensity of the coaching staff.
- Daley Thompson, although that ended when he made some homophobic remarks in the press. But man, was he beautiful.
- r186, that's just perfect for my daddy issues.
I wonder if he's still playing the field, or if he settled down since he had a family.
I've heard of musicians who were sex addicts who ended up with someone, and did stay faithful. It's rare though.
- You're not kidding R189. Love those natural crinkles around the eyes.
This is Shanahan with Craig Janney, middle, and I think Emerson on the left.
- I was always kind of hoping that OJ would be forced to do porn to pay off his legal bills and the judgments against him. Now he's too old. Sigh.
- r191 Typical Shanahan, wearing the least amount of clothing amongst the three.
Another young crush. I always pictured him in assless chaps and a cowboy hat.
Wendel Clark-heart and soul of the Leafs.
- Bjorn Borg and Guillermo Vilas - glorious days for watching tennis, when they wore short shorts.
- Brian Griese
- Patrice Brisbois
Just left his Player Safety Dept post "for personal reasons". Don't know the story.
- Craig MacTavish
Edmonton Oiler forward, now their head coach (god help him).
- GM, not coach.
- Talking about hockey players, when I was younger, I had the biggest crush on Pelle Lindberg who was so young and cute. I was devastated when he died (at an early age of 26) and always felt bad whenever other teams' fans especially NY would show up at Flyers games with distasteful signs. I also crushed on John LeClair as well.
- r199, that was sad, but not a surprise.
He was just before my time. I don't think I ever saw him play, even in later years in old footage.
They were lucky to get Hextall.
I vaguely remember LeClair in a Habs jersey, but I preferred Carbonneau for some reason. He's lucky to be alive after his AIDS scare. (One of the Habs regular hookers died of AIDS. Female.)
- Steve Yzerman, very young
- bump for surreptitious hockey gossip.
- Jim Kiick and his '70s pornstache.
- No gossip, but Yzerman aged pretty well. This is Vancouver Olympics, so 2010.
- Mark Spitz
- Tug Mcgraw
Wayne Garret- One HOT ginger!
- The beauty that was Joe Sakic.
- Sakic was gorgeous
- He held up pretty well, too. This is him in 2013, with Patrick Roy.
Sakic was a legend in Colorado. He was one of the few people who never seemed to have a bad word against him (anyone with contradictory gossip, pls feel free to share).
He was treated with respect, even by Detroit-- their great rivals.
When Sean Avery broke in with Detroit, he would chirp anyone and was a fully formed pisshead. His team-mates included some A-level veterans like Brett Hull.
In his first game against Colorado, Avery was on the bench when Sakic skated by. He started to get up to mouth him. Before he could even get a 'fuck' out, Hull reached around another Red Wing, grabbed Avery's jersey, slamming him down on the bench, and said, "*YOU* do NOT get to talk to Mr. Sakic."
That was probably the only time the closeted, turtling little fuck ever shut up.
- Mike Piazza.
He was so incredibly gorgeous. That moustache drove me wild.
- I liked Piazza's body, but I thought he had a combination baby/tard face that turned me off.
The mustache that did it for me was Dennis Eckersley. Gorgeous guy-he also had some of the best face work I've seen after he became a broadcaster.
- How did Shanahan stay out of jail?
- For what, r214? The fight incident when the cops supposedly were called?
Or do you mean Gilmour and his penchant for 13-15 year old girls?
- for fucking underage girls. 13?
- American tennis player Tim Mayotte
- When the parents found out, via finding her diary, they confronted her, and she said they had an affair (Gilmour was married), but it was over. She was upset about it.
The parents went to a lawyer and a sex abuse counselor, not police, because they were afraid she would be treated badly because of Gilmour's status, even having her identity leaked.
Both advised against criminal charges, but the lawyer went to the Blues for a settlement. The owner said it was a shakedown, the lawyer claimed it was for counselling expenses because the family was devastated. Lawsuits flew after that, from all parties. I believe everything was settled out of court.
He had other 15 year olds after that. Gossip was that the front office kept an eye on it, and if the girls were considered 'mature' and not coerced, it was tolerated on the down low. IIRC, some of the parents were star struck, didn't have a problem with it,& fully accepted it.
- He wasn't known for having good looks, but Bruce Kimball, diver, was among the best in his day. I loved to see him dive.
Sadly, he drove drunk one night and accidentally killed at least one person. He served his time, and is now a solid citizen.
- Is it bad that the only two sports crushes were on my high school football team-- Chris Eichler and Michael Goos. Ahhh. Sigh. I went to bed many an evening dreaming I was cuddling with Michael.
- Eli and Peyton Manning's dad, Archie, was a contemporary of quarterbacks Jim Plunkett and Gary Beban. They were contenders for the Heisman Trophy.
Archie played for a Southern University. I think it was The University of Mississippi.
- Mitch Gaylord (US Olympic gymnast)
Christian Laettner (Duke basketball)
Sean Greene (NY Mets)
- Russian pairs figure skater Artur Dmitriev.
- Danny Ainge, The Boston Celtics.
- Laettner was gorgeous. Mad gay rumours about him, had a 'team-mate/housemate' thing going on for a while.
- I remember being 15 and clicking on tv to watch "Charles in Charge."
The episode opened with Scott Baio, towel around his waist (supposed to have just gotten out of the shower), shaving.
It was the first time I had thought of him as sexy, and I was particularly fond of his pecs. I remember being mesmerized by them....
- Athletes, not actors r226
- Artur Dmitriev now.
- "Laettner was gorgeous. Mad gay rumours about him, had a 'team-mate/housemate' thing going on for a while."
Christian really worked those rumors, making sure he was photographed on campus holding hands with his male roommate.
- To whoever is the Kevin Elster fan here-YES!!!!! I totally agree. He was so hot! Too bad he injured himself; it shortened his career thereby giving us less time to see him.
Another baseball player I loved was Yankee pitcher Tim Leary.He blew his arm out with the Mets and never came close to his potential.
- Grant Hill
Wow! Seems like only yesterday, he was in shape for competition. Thanks for the reality check!
- Gail Goodrich, UCLA/LA Lakers.
- body builder rob paris
- The Golden Bear, Jack Nicklaus, was a crush. So blond and so fit-fat and he made polyester pants look not so ridiculous.
Arnold Palmer was a late crush for me. I wasn't that impressed when he was young and full of cum and winning everything in sight, but then I saw a bio of him on HBO. He had a BFF who was killed in a car accident while they were in their early 20's and Arnie never got over losing him. He cried over him 50 years later while discussing it. Very touching.
- That Shanahan fellow had quite the nose job somewhere along the way.
- or reconstruction.
- Mike Shanihan?? Redskin coach? Now he's hot.
- Then there was that cheap whore Tanya Roberts. God she was ghastly.
- Many years ago, Art Schlister was the handsome, promising quarterback for Ohio State. He was drafted by the Colts and promptly threw his career away due to his compulsive gambling habit. He started to steal to support the habit. Lost the wife, the house, everything. He started a gambling awareness group but was convicted for fraud. He's in jail now.
This is what he looks like now.
- r236 I think he got it done at or near the end of his career, after he'd broken it once or twice.
Just found this bit. Apparently, he knocked up the Red Wing anthem singer--with twins (he has fraternal twins by his wife).
This is apparently well known in Detroit.
- r235, for some reason I was attracted to Nick Price. Looking back, WTF was I thinking?
Maybe it was his Southern African accent (before he lost it) and the eyes--otherwise...
- Vitas Gerulaitis died too soon.
- Hot daddy Howie Long.
- Roger Clemens
- There was just something about Joe Namath that said, "Yep, I might do ya, even if you are a guy." So sexy.
- r246 He was before my time, but I always found pics of him creepy, in a sleazy, roofie your drink kind of way.
Oddly, he was one of the only athletes my mother, who thinks everyone is straight, asked me about.
I thought he was outed as bi as part of his outrageous media presence.
- Namath always seemed like he'd be up for anything (part of the reason why he was so sexy!)
- A really BIG vote for Joe Namath!
- "Hot daddy Howie Long."
A friend of mine stole a life size display of him from a supermarket dairy department and keeps it in his bedroom.
- Another recent pic of Shanahan.
Not only has he done relatively nothing around the roster, I also haven't heard any hookup rumours.
Considering how good he looks (aside from the wonky hairline) this is shocking.
- He was an actor by the time I was a kid, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Russian (I know) swimmer Alexander Popov and gymnast Alexei Nemov. There are a lot more from minor sports that I can't remember now.
- Bruce Jenner had a poster of himself topless sitting on a motorcycle. I can't tell you how many times I,err, "admired" that poster.
Bruce Jenner was gorgeous back then. These days he's just pathetic.
- If he's truly transitioning, I wouldn't call it pathetic. Sad, but not pathetic.
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I always found Patrick Roy hot in a backwoods, alpha raw fuck way. He's heavier now, but he still has the same energy.
- George Brett: great big ass. The gay rumors provided several hot fantasies :)
- Roy as head coach of the NHL Avs.
- Lou Pinella was hot when he was playing ball.
Ron DuGay was and still is gorgeous.
- I was obsessed with Goran Ivanisevic and his ass in short shorts.
Peter Vidmar was a couple of years ahead of me when I was at UCLA and I would look twice or thrice at him on campus, saw him at Pauley on floor exercise (astounding) and once naked in the showers. If I'd known what a phobe he was, though, I'd have snuck into his locker and poured itching powder in his jock.
- r257 I saw a recent pic and Duguay still has the same hair, too. LOL
Re: the upthread poster who asked about Lucic-he's been spotted in gay bars around Boston and on the road.
- I had a thing for Patrick Roy's twisted nose, I imagined he had a matching cock.
- r260 You should see his sons--holy fuck!
This is Jonathan.
- This is Frederic Roy.
Rumour is one of them is light in the loafers. I'm thinking Frederic.
- They're cute
But he seemed like more of a stud
- r263. I agree. Hot, aggressive fuck.
He broke up with his LTR to take the Avs job. I bet he gets his share of the WAGs. He and Sakic could both get it if they wanted.
Ray Bourque was once asked about guys he'd played with and he went down the list, saying nice things about everyone. When asked about Roy, he said one word: winner.
- Yes winner, but not willing to budge. I remember when he was ousted from les Canadiens. The coach won, but everyone else lost. Roy was the star and should have been accommodated. Everyone knew it.
- R262, which one is Frederick?
Johnathan is gorgeous, R261.
- James Blake.
- r266, Frederic is in the middle. He pings to me. Both gorgeous.
r265, I'm surprised the Molsons allowed that. Tremblay was horribly petty to Roy, publicly mocking his language skills (in French, not even English) and not showing any respect. You don't do that with a franchise player.
I know Roy wasn't a saint. I heard he was a piss-level drunk earlier in his life. Then there was the domestic, which some said was swept under the rug. Still, none of that excused Tremblay.
- Wow, Roy's sons are good-looking. I've always had a thing for Roy. Supremely confident, sometimes too much. Even when he came across as a jerk, it was hot. Still feel that way about him today.
R268 I'd never heard rumors about him having a drinking problem, but I recently read that Roy pissed in his own yard during a party he and his then-wife held back in the 90s.
Martin Brodeur is another goalie that I had a crush on. Sort of the anti-Roy in that he didn't seem to be a jerk (although his ex-wife would undoubtedly disagree).
My biggest crush was Sergei Fedorov. I thought he was the most beautiful human being I had ever seen. Those were the days watching the Red Wings with him, Shanahan, Lidstrom, and Yzerman.
- Cam Neeley of the Boston Bruins.
- We should meet R222 - Gaylord, Laettner and Greene were my top 3. Gaylor and Greene are Jewish (I am too) so I could imagine my parents being cool with them.
Christian Laettner, on the other hand.. at least he went to Duke
- r270 Neely was a great example of ugly but sexy.
Trevor Linden was a another gawky, ugly guy but he really got hotter as he aged.
- Marat Safn
- There was an ad once, I am thinking for tighty whities, that featured Pete Rose shirtless. Very hairy chest. I liked it. I was mere feet away from Mike Piazza in a box right on first plate my company had for a game. Very close and touchy with the catcher, leaning over and on him, or is that how it's supposed to be?
- r269, during his career, he was a piss tank drunk, as my family says. I don't know about now.
The yard episode was probably when he was drunk. Or he was just being a Hab (French redneck). Or both.