All Threads by Date
‘Flaming Homosexuals Wearing Stilettos’ Will Apply For Jobs In Christian Bookstores If ENDA Passes Says [AFA's Bryan] Fische
Bryan Fischer yesterday on his radio program threatened that “flaming homosexuals… wearing stilettos, a dress and dangly earrings” would apply for jobs in Christian bookstores if ENDA passes into law. Fischer, the public face of the certified anti-gay hate group, American Family Association, claimed “the homosexual lobby” would purposely target religious businesses, including “Christian bookstores,” if the Employment Non-Discrimination Act were passed by Congress and signed into law.
Claiming “ENDA would represent the return of Jim Crow laws” in a blog post accompanying his radio rant, Fischer ludicrously rips former GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan:
Ryan today reiterated his support for ENDA, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act.
This is a horrible bill for a social conservative to support since it would mean the absolute end of religious liberty and freedom of association in the marketplace. It would, in other words, gut the First Amendment. It’s shameful for Ryan, who also voted for this Constitution-shredding bill in 2007, to be so blissfully and blindly unaware of the consequences of this legislation.
These consequences would be unintended in Ryan’s case, who is simply being naive and thoughtless in his support, but such consequences are clearly intended by homosexual activists, who know that this law could and would be used relentlessly to punish and bankrupt one values-driven employer and business after another.
If ENDA goes into effect, no Christian employer could ever make a values-based personnel decision again. If a man wearing a dress, stilettos, and dangly earrings came into his Christian bookstore looking for a job and didn’t get one, the owner would be subject to a gigantic, business-ending discrimination lawsuit.
There is no reason to think that the homosexual lobby would not deliberately select values-driven businesses, and then send flamboyant homosexuals in to apply for advertised vacancies, just so they could use this law as a bludgeon to further pummel Christians into becoming the newest minority utterly deprived of their civil rights.
In fact, ENDA would represent the return of Jim Crow laws. Only now the people victimized would not be victimized based on the color of their skin but on the content of their character.
Remember when values were choices you made — like whether or not to lie, cheat, steal, support the needy, be polite — not who you love?
nd, Christians “becoming the newest minority utterly deprived of their civil rights,” is offensive on its face. It is not anyone’s civil right to have the right to deprive others of their civil rights. Fischer is angry he’s losing the “right” to be a hateful anti-gay bigot with control over others.
ENDA, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, has been introduced into every Congress but one since 1994.
“In 29 states, it remains legal to fire someone because they’re lesbian, gay, or bisexual; in 34 states it’s legal to fire someone solely for being transgender,” HRC notes.
- Wow, this thread title has me in the mood to see that clip of a group of male dancers dancing in heels. That was great. If someone knows the name of it, will you please post it so I can look it up on YouTube? I'd really enjoy seeing it again.
As for this Bryan Fische guy, I'd say he's a fine example of someone so blatantly willfully stupid that all he winds up accomplishing in the end is to turn way more minds against his viewpoint than he wins over to his side.
- He forgot out caftans! How could he forget our caftans?!
- Funny I just bought a new hat, some great lipstick and some black fingernail polish. My new Dior dress will be perfect for my job interview at The Holy Roller bookstore. Oh and I mustn't forget my fabulously flamboyant pink wig to go along with that ensemble!
Any tips to tuck in my cock just in case it pops out of the dress during the interview?
- It would be a tremendous improvement.
- Sory cunt - no bookseller will wear high-heels. They are MURDER on the ankles at work...
Tap, tap, tap.
- Do any WOMEN actually wear caftans? And I thought the proper footwear with them was something called "fuzzy slippers"?
- I prefer a sensible three-inch heel with arch support because stilletos are murder on my ankles.
- Why do they think any self respecting drag queen would lower herself to work in a Christian bookstore?
- File this user: MANY AMERICANS ARE SCARY PEOPLE
- [quote] There is no reason to think that the homosexual lobby would not deliberately select values-driven businesses, and then send flamboyant homosexuals in to apply for advertised vacancies, just so they could use this law as a bludgeon to further pummel Christians into becoming the newest minority utterly deprived of their civil rights.
Is that really part of the Homosexual Agenda? I keep missing the meetings, but if it is, that actually sounds like a damn fine plan. Sign me up.
- Caftans require fashionable mules....
Either the embroidered paisley or the fleurissa?
- Personally, I can't manage the ladders with anything over a cha-cha heel...in silver.
- Would there be an exception for religious businesses?
- For once I side with the wingnuts. You know they're right.
- [quote]Do any WOMEN actually wear caftans?
Women = mu-mus. (Think Shelley Winters in Wild in the Streets).
Straight men = hockey or football jerseys.
- Shit, it WAS a caftan Shelley Winters wore in that movie! I haven't seen it since the early '80s.
- They need to know the proper earring etiquette.
- Workplaces have dress codes, you can't wear whatever the hell you want. Some places even ban beards, for example.
- If only the gay agenda were so fabulous. I hope this idea can at least be parlayed into a reality show.
- I know I have my silver stilettos lined up so I can go hawk Bibles.
- What a maroon.
- [quote]Do any WOMEN actually wear caftans?
Only Lainie Kazan and Renée Taylor. And they may actually be drag queens.
- Interesting since at St. Mary's Catholic Church (not the washing machine one, the one that borders Chinatown in SF) nothing but queens work there.
- Shante, you stay!
HR manager, congratulating the new hire
- [quote] ‘Flaming Homosexuals Wearing Stilettos’ Will Apply For Jobs In Christian Bookstores If ENDA Passes
I know it has always been MY lifetime goal!
are they really this stupid?
- It's interesting that this Bryan Fischer person knows the term "flaming" .....It's not a term I would expect a staunchly conservative person to know.
- Christian bookstores are closing at an even faster rate than are secular ones. That's what the AFA should be worried about.
- Is this the same phenomenon that sees secular bricks and mortar stores closing, R27? Replaced by online sellers.
- This isn't a problem. They should just do the same thing to these flamers in dresses and stilletos as they do to black people who apply for jobs. Discriminate against them and not hire them
- Partially that r28, but Christian book publishing is also failing.
- A "flaming homosexual wearing stilettos" wouldn't want to work in some shitty Christian bookstore.
- Why the fuss? Don't they think even gays, flamin' or not, could believe in Jesus? I guess not.