Sounds like a lineup in HELL.
- Well, that just killed ANY interest I had in seeing it.
- I guess that Nicki Minaj wasn't available?
- I was thinking of the word "DOPE" as well, but not in the same sense.
- They are just getting around to scoring now? It was supposed to be released by now. Can't wait to hear the mess Jay-Z provides. Maybe a a rap version of "What'll I Do?"
- Which is a worse prospect, having to see DiCaprio's fat face on screen for two plus hours or having to listen to the soundtrack?
- Who run the world? Girls.
Who run the world? Girls.
Who run the world? Girls.
Who run the world? Girls.
Who run this mutha??
Who run this mutha??
Daisy Buchanan channeling Beyonce
- Daisy has been changed to DAY-Z.
"Rich gurlz don 't murry po' boyz"
- This movie is so misguided.
- That is my dog. That is my home boy.
- I hate anachronistic music on a period piece. Yuck. The 1980s power ballad popera dreck in Les Miz is so ridiculous, I can't believe it doesn't reduce everyone to giggles (then boredom) they way it does to me.
- Me thinks Camel face will soon be replaced over 'creative differences'. It happens all the time. The great Jerry Goldsmith replaced Phillip Lambro on "Chinatown" - with only 10 days to put a score together. Imagine that film without the lazy horns that evoke the period, and play all through the film. Jack White was just replaced on "Lone Ranger".Jay- Frickin Z won't be able to handle it , and / or it will end up being a disaster.Sounds like it already is.
- A movie about The Jazz Age and they aren't going to use any jazz?
One of the things I love about Boardwalk Empire is their use of music from the time.
- Jay Z has no musical knowledge other than selecting beats that are sent to him by producers. I doubt that he has the ability to read music, play an instrument, compose melodies, make a "beat," etc. Please hire a real composer to score this movie.
- Dat gone be epic i gone be first in line fo dat shit
- Some of you are really stupid.
- Show him those FS Fitzgerald drag pictures and then tell him to write some music.
- What a list of oh-so-dull individuals.
- Hasn't this film been in the can awhile? I can't believe they are just deciding NOW to lock in a score for the film. This just reeks of being a disater.
- I hope this is the biggest flop. Why wouldn't these marginally talented people think they rule the world? People keep paying them boat loads of money to do these projects. How much do you think HBO paid Beyonce to do that "documentary" about her life? I'm not going to watch it but I helped pay for it with my subscription to the pay channel. Am I one of a few who can't stand Carey Mulligan's sad sack face and acting? And I am bored to death by DiCaprio. He's lazy and his complete lack of physical attractiveness is always a distraction. As for Jay Z, his appeal to anyone who likes Hip Hop escapes me. Biggie, Tupac, Nas, Dr. Dre and even Snoop are more talented, interesting and edgy. Like I said, I hope this flops and big.
- It's probably going to be a disaster, too, r20:)
- You mean the names involved in this movie or posters on this thread,?
- Yeah, for some reason (or a hundred) this movie feels like it will be a complete failure.
I had no real interest in seeing it and now with this bit of news convinces me to skip it altogether.
- r11, are you SERIOUSLY going to compare the score to Les Mis to Jay-Z? REALLY? Are you that damned superfluous?
- What part of "anachronistic music" aren't you getting, R25?
- At first I thought "Baz Luhrman" - oh, fuck. Then "3D why?" - then I heard Leo, and I thought "um, okay"...
Then I heard Jay-Z - and thought "out of their fucking mind"
This has STINKER written all over it. Have they got a role for Madonna?
- Jay-Z? WTF? He's such a fucking no talent.This film might make Showgirls look like Lawrence of Arabia OR Liz and Dick look like an Award winning tour de force for LA Lohan! They need French actress ,Marion Cotillard, to repeat her death scene from TDKR and they've got a bonafide camp classic on their hands!
- Can't wait for next year's Oscar nominations for Best Song are annopunced and Gatsby's love song "Daisy Da Ho Bitch" is snubbed.
- This film must be in bad shape if this is what they've been reduced to.
- It's Jay-Z
He's got a kid on each knee
He's wearing clothes that he wants us to try
- I actually love Jay-Z. He's incredibly talented, well spoken, and innovative. But for Gatsby? I just don't get it.
- How so, r32? Give us an example of his innovation and talent.
- "I actually love Jay-Z. He's incredibly talented, well spoken, and innovative. "
You are now on my permanent Trolldar for opinions that are utterly stupid, uncultured, idiotic and arts events that I shall avoid at all costs.
- Hysterical, R33 and R34. Let me guess? In your 50s?
- r32, he was a great rapper back in the day. Yes, others had/have more talent(Rakim and K-os, eg), but he was probably one of the few who had lyric and flow at the same level.
To all the people bitching about musically illiterate people writing film scores, it depends on what the director wants.
If Luhrman is going for electronic anachronism specifically, it's not necessary to write music in order to effectively manipulate electronic instruments.
Brian Eno did not write music IIRC, when he did a lot of his scores.
- Despite my advanced age there is nothing wrong with my hearing, r35. Too bad the same can't be said about your taste in music:)
- "Hysterical, [R33] and [R34]. Let me guess? In your 50s?"
Hysterical queen; let me guess; hipster wigger who thinks he's 'cool' by memorizing the banal blatherings of hip hop lyrics, and counts his Black Facebook friends as proof that he's PC?
Fuck off, idiot.
- R35 bought Jay Z's rip-off "Occupy" T-shirts but never did a fucking thing to protest Wall Street corruption.
- Jay-Z is 43 now - who the hell cares about his old ass? Do younger people even care about him? I know I sure don't.
Same with Leo - he is so boring and overrated. He's got no personality and is so bland in all of his roles.
- R36 Oh yes he gives Mozart,Rodgers and Hart and Jerry Goldsmith a run for his money! It's moments like this that make me proud to a Mineshaft veteran and an eldergay! Jay-z is a musical gnat, a former hustler/drug dealer and cannot even play an instrument save skin flute!
I wonder if the theme song "I Be On The Downlow" will be about Jayson and Leonardo's downlow activities?
- [quote]Which is a worse prospect, having to see DiCaprio's fat face on screen for two plus hours or having to listen to the soundtrack?
That's a toss up.
Leo looks like a grimlin with the fat squished face. Never did understand his appeal.
- FF your racist ass r16...FUCK YOU
- Does Baz assume that this casting will broaden the appeal of Gatsby? I never saw Romeo+Juliet but I wonder if modernization worked for that film.
- How old are you [R35]? Jay-Z is tired as hell. Wish he and his corporate shill of a wife would go the fuck away. The commercials for her "documentary" are cringeworthy.
- [quote]The Great Gatsby” may be set in the 1920s, but the 2013 film adaption is getting a modern twist.
I could have predicted this quote would appear in some hackneyed form the moment this film was announced.
- Something for all crack dealers to aspire to.
- Baz always has skated a little too close to the thin ice. Artistic betrayal is not the same thing as contemporary relevance. And contemporary relevance isn't the same thing as having this creepy hack take on a difficult job.
- I just got back from movies and one of the trailers was for The Great Gatsby. If the music is or will be anything like that in the trailer, people will be fleeing the theater in the first five minutes. I can't even describe it, but too modern, too self-important, and yes, I'm an eldergay, too loud.
- R48, Then why would "they" give Baz so much power to express himself again?
- r50, after the previous Gatsby disaster, there were probably very few takers.
It's also considered a hard book to adapt, because the language and descriptions are hard to translate.
- When I saw the trailer, I thought the music was horrible. It really was anachronistic. I think they are going to ruin it with the music.
- [quote] I actually love Jay-Z. He's incredibly talented, well spoken, and innovative
you are so right. I saw him on Saturday Night Live. It's the only time I've ever seen him, but he was well spoken. The "song" he performed was music with him very clearly saying a few words. I remember him saying the word "check" in between a few sentences (very few). Each time was extremely clear. I am almost certain he said the word "check' at least four times. He's very innovative. How does he do it?
- "It's also considered a hard book to adapt, because the language and descriptions are hard to translate."
Ex-peshully in Ebonics.
- Some of you people are just haters. Jay-Z is one of the most successful singer/producers in the business. He has more talent in his pinky than almost anybody else today. It's just RACISM, plain and simple. If they said Michael Bolton or Rick Astley was gonna do the soundtrack you people would be cheering in the fucking streets. I can't wait to see what he'll do. I know it will be amazing. You will all have to eat crow for breakfast when you see how good it is. Down with hate and down with your racism. Haters gonna hate.
Pissed Off Jay Fan
- R38, relax. You don't have to like the same thing as I do. I can appreciate Jay-Z's place in the world of hip hop. He's a legend in that world. It's fine if you don't agree. My god. I clearly stated I thought he was all wrong for Gatsby. You guys are insane. Even for the DL.
- Jay Z = black = rap = bad
- Soundtrack aside for a moment, this entire movie project looks like it's going to suck herpetic cornholes. Just awful. I'm not excited about Jay Z scoring the movie, but it looks like his "music" is the best this piece of poo is going to deserve. The trailer made me want to run screaming out of the theater. Terrible.
- Jeez, what's next? Justin Bieber scoring a remake of "The Godfather"?
- Jay Z = black = rap = bad
Racis is no different thatn homophobia
- It's amazing how racist you eldergays get. Jesus Christ, I mean "Camel Face"? For real?
- R54 - You should be ashamed. That is not nice.
- I would love to be in a sex sandwich with Leonardo and Jay-Z. That would be hawt.
- my baby's daddy should do it
- r25 also has no idea what the word "superfluous" means, clearly.
- Sad to see so much blatant racism here on DL.
- Sad, but no surprise.
And don't minimize the freeper factor.
- It's my understanding that he was brought on to season the soundtrack, not to create an entire score. It's supposed to be like the way modern songs and sounds were used to perk up Moulin Rouge.
- A stroke of genius. The movie is going to be awesome and a smash. Jay-Z's soundtrack will sell millions. The Great Gatsy will be the movie event of 2013.
- Stoopid nigs who think just because we hate the no-talent Jay-Z and Beweave are racists themselves!
- Well, at least now my daughter will have something to relate to in this movie.
- See dears, s soon as you stat yelling "racist!" at people simplu because they oppose a tired hiop hop artist as the prerson scoring this film, you invite people to goad you. And they are obliging you. It's YOU who are the trolls, yelling racist at folks just because they think Jay Z is a bad choice.
- How long can it be until Taylor Swift writes a new original score to Sound of Music now?
- I hear that Bieber is scoring the remake of Citizen Kane!
- "If they said Michael Bolton or Rick Astley was gonna do the soundtrack you people would be cheering in the fucking streets"
Honey, you must be new here.
- Right R73 because these are well thought out responses without absolutely no bias, especially R71.
Get the fuck out of here.
- I was not happy with the score, when I watched the trailer. Why on earth would you have hip-hop to a 20's film?
- [quote]Hasn't this film been in the can awhile? I can't believe they are just deciding NOW to lock in a score for the film. This just reeks of being a disater.
It was supposed to be released last year, but was postponed again.
- [quote]I actually love Jay-Z. He's incredibly talented, well spoken, and innovative.
In what planet?
- Planet Claire!
- I wanted to see this, now? Forget it. I despise JayZ/Beweave-skinlightener/ChrisMartin/Goop
- R80, we get it. A large cross section of DLers don't like, understand, approve, or find value in Jay-Z or his music. This has been well established. If you don't think hip hop/rap has any value as an art form, I understand how you would also feel that Jay-Z has no value as an artist. I happen to disagree.
Either way, I think it's time to move on.
- dl is so boring. overwhelmed by old 50s AIDS infected faggots.
- Might as well ask Andrew Lippa
- What is Jay-Z going to do---Humm the music while someone more talented with a degree in music compositon writes down the notes?
- Let's flag #84 (ff) so the owner of DL can kick that guy out.
- [quote]He has more talent in his pinky than almost anybody else today.
More accurately, he has more talent in his whole body than most people have in their little finger.
- (R87, I agree with your plan, but please learn how to reference previous posters correctly...thanks!!)
- What's next? Justin Bieber scoring the next James Bond theme?
- I'ma get me some songwriting credits in mah boo's movie and get me that Oscar for Best Song, gurl!
- This thread is filled with racist, elderly dipshits.
- I have no opinion on Jay-z but I also can't think of any music he's made. And I listen to pop music since I have an 8 yr old daughter. We did buy one of his hats at the Barclay center after an ice show, though.
- (DIPSHIT R92: "Because you don't like rap, you are RACIST!!!")
US rapper Azealia Banks has defended calling the US entertainment blogger Perez Hilton a faggot during a Twitter argument.
The argument began after Hilton posted a criticism of Banks’s feuds with other artists. She then called him “dickbreath” and told him to “gobble a dick”.
Hilton told Banks, who last year said she was bisexual: “Some of your music is cute, but your attention-seeking ways are pathetic and hurtful. You drag while others choose to uplift!”
Banks responded: “Whatever bitch, you tried to sign me to ur little bum ass label in ’11 with them bullsshit ass artists…” She later tweeted: “omg u should just kill yourself… Like for real… lol what a messy faggot you are.”
- Y'all is raciss!
- I just don't understand why people who don't like Jay-Z just say: "I don't like rap/hip hop. It's nothing personal against him, he might be the best rapper ever, it's the whole genre I don't get."
That way, we can know it's not racism or idiocy or whatever, it's just an understandable ignorance in that particular world. I feel that way about show tunes. I loathe them. They do nothing for me. I would never deride people who do like them, but I know I don't have the requisite knowledge to comment on any show tune.
- Well, that's certainly a more sober analysis than the screeching twit who thinks he can force us to admire hip hop by alleging that anyone older than him is a racist old fart.
- I also voted r87 for F&F, and hope he gets kicked off the board permanently.
- R97, it seems both sides of this sort of odd argument were quick to attack. I was the first poster way upthread who said I like Jay-Z but felt he was wrong for Gatsby. I instantly was attacked for my lack of taste, which is just ridiculous and a total ad hominem attack.
I think hip hop fans were instantly put on the defensive and did the same in return. Oh, how I love thee DL.
- This is one of the first responses from the other thread. Pretty sure it came from R97:
[quote]That's the name of your band, right, cunty dipshit wigger who licks the anus of dismissive money-grubbing pop-fame whores like no-talent shitbag Jay-Z?
[quote]Why u butthurt, cuz yooz a dum wigga?
- Please, r96. Have you read the other posts in this thread? If anyone says they don't like HIp Hop or Jay Zzzzz they have been excoriated and accused of being "eldergays", "a million years old", "racists", and yes, "faggots". The race trolls are the problem here. I personally think he is over rated and not the least bit original. He only rules Hip Hop because there is no one else besides Nas and the equally innane Kanye West who sells records these days. Let us hope they represent the last gasp of this trite and boring musical abomination that has the nerve to compare itself with the originators of RAP.
- Really, r96?. You are playing the victim here? You are poster 35. You referred to me as hysterical and said I had to be over 50 because I asked you to give me an example of Jay Zzzz's innovation and talent. Go fuck yourself, you raging hypocrite.
- Here's a free tip for eldergays. Saying you hate hip hop shows just how close-minded and out of touch you are.
Some of you seem to have an extremely narrow view of the genre, and when you dismiss it as a whole because you don't like gangsta rap, it shows you really don't know what you are talking about.
Much of the music of the past three decades now has been influenced by hip hop in some manner. Kids starting bands today don't know a world without it.
- The idea that rap is music or art is the biggest con pulled by the recording industry ever. MAYBE some of Missy Elliot's songs come close, but its basically a money machine for white/Jewish execs to exploit blacks while throwing a handful of "rappers" millions to say "nigger" and "ho" and glorify drugs and violence. I like some of it, but dancing to something or laughing at some of Lil Kim's raunchy lyrics doesn't mean I think it has any artistic value.
- Actually, I like the genre and I get the distinction, but just like I posted way back, Jay-Z as well as DiCaprio and the rest are dull as fuck commercial tools.
- R105 is a perfect example of the extremely narrow view of the genre some of you have.
- They can run but they can't hide.
- I like Jay-Z, but this just seems like an ill fit.
- Unclench, R103. I was attacked first, then, admittedly, attacked back. I then realized how silly it was for anyone to be attacking anyone else for something as subjective as Jay-Z's artistic merit.
- R105, that sounds suspiciously similar to what my mom says her parents told her when, as a kid, she desperately wanted a Beatles album.
It also sounds like what my mom said to me when, as a preteen, I begged for a Nirvana record.
- Hey, twonk troll obsessed smug wigger.
NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK.
Your pedantic finger-wagging isn't convincing anyone.
Your blather about the infesting influence of this genre is supposed to do what? Convince us "eldergays" to start listening to this corporate shit?
You pretend to be some sort of smug musicologist who knows the history of pop music while at the same time whining about those more mature than you, who have a much more diverse range of music and life experiences.
You're an inane banal worm.
- [quote]You pretend to be some sort of smug musicologist who knows the history of pop music while at the same time whining about those more mature than you, who have a much more diverse range of music and life experiences.
You've proven you don't know shit about music from the last three decades (at least). You are old and useless.
- At least 60% of my co-workers who are 21 to 30 prefer listening to oldies tunes (70s, 80s and 90s). Which goes to show that today's tunes are sh*t, composed of auto-tune and corporate made synthetics...it's not talent anymore, but presentation.
- No one wants you listen to rap, R112, if you don't want to. I hope I don't come off as smug. If I do, I sincerely apologize. I know you DO come off as incredibly unhinged. I worry about you. Please, take a breath. Then take a xanax. No one will make you like hip hop. I promise. It's all going to be okay!
- r114, it's also a different world, especially in the music business.
There is good music out there, but looking for it is harder with all the corporate bullshit platforms on the internet.
There's a generation gap in hip hop now- a lot of people don't listen to hip hop as music, it's just background filler while they're on tumblr or twitter. That's what leads to a lot of this shit like Nicki Minaj and the autotune school. It's essentially pop music, and is produced as such.
- Wigger? For real?
I hope people like R112 are just stupid and not hateful enough to use a word like that.
- Oh, yes, what a disgusting term! Imagine the horror if someone used it as the title of a show or movies!
- And imagine the outrage if there was also a novel with that horrible offensive word used as the title!
Oh, wait; that happened, too, more than 15 years ago!
- I still have trouble with the image of Jay Z trying to conduct an orchestra.
- R118/R119, are you truly that stupid to realize how offensive that term is? Really?
- A racial slur that uses the word "nigger" isn't racist ?
- I don't know Jay-Z from Jay's Potato Chips, but I do know one can dislike rap/hip-hop and not be a bigot. Otoh, jingoistic country music offends me more then whatever the worst of rap has to offer.
Still, count me as another fan of the novel who, the more I read about this film project, the more I see a looming disaster.
- I have loved the novel ever since I read it in high school. I think it's one of the greatest American novels ever written. And I'm about as far from Jay Z's target demographic as I can get: too old, too white, too female. But I think the idea of him scoring this movie is pretty exciting. The 1970s version was a big snooze. It came nowhere near the excitement of the book, and Redford was a black hole of boredom. In a way (just MARY! me now), Jay Z *is* Gatsby.
- "A racial slur that uses the word "nigger" isn't racist ? "
Ask your average hip hop "artist":
- The preponderance of the variations on the N-word in hip hop is easily found, except by the cement-headed OP who reduces any fact-filled critics with his Asberger's-esque repetitive insult: "You're old."
The reason I don't like the genre is the frequent use of the word. The cement-headed OP's refusal to acknowledge that fact makes arguing with him futile.
He has yet to show music in this genre which could change any minds. No doubt that's because he is too stupid to figure out how to post a link to a music video.
The fact that I linked a book and movie with the term "wigga," and you faux-sensitive PC nancys refuse to see the preponderance if the term in the subculture is your own problem.
- Wouldn't the definition of "cement-headed" be someone who can't understand why calling someone a white nigger is offensive?
- Jay-Zs music appeal to everbody. Anyone who does not like is a racist pure and simple. Remember denial aint a river in egyhpt.
- No. But your contrarian sarcasm is appreciated.
The term is the title of an acclaimed book and a film (which might suck; i didn't bother to look), previously linked.
It's a variation on the original offensive term, which, it seems, YOU need to be reminded, is rampant in the lyrics of the genre, not just 'gangsta rap.'
The genre, and its mainstream "artists," is/are also widely known to be mostly sexist, misogynist and homophobic.
And your additional ignorance/avoidance of that fact is obvious, as is the truth that the sub-genres of 'queer' hip hop (another term that many find offensive, while others use in the context of activism and academia) and even "crip"-hop (yes, disabled hip hop musicians! another "offensive" term reclaimed by a subculture) are also known and defy those stereotypes.
All that, and your ignorance of it and its multiple contexts, is beside the point that said "cement-headed" OP has only used the "You're old" argument to make no point at all.
He also has undoubtedly no knowledge of the referenced alternative subgenres.
The only point OP has made is to clearly reiterate how inappropriate Jay-Z is for a film based on an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel.
The OP is also a fool for using a single "You're old" insult about a project based on a novel that's almost a century old.
Now shut the fuck up, beyotch.
- I like r129. I don't like the OP. Or Jay Zzzzz. Get me! I'm a hip hopper!
- R129! You have stated your boundaries!! Bravo! You shall continue to be erstwhile and bold in your defiance of all things rap. I applaud you and your valor as you battle forth against the mighty urban tongue of a shadowy generation of crazy youths and their n-word spewing demigods. Like the head of Ozymandias, it is you, friend, that will be here, ruins from an antique land, for all eternity. And the vernacular and the testimony of the beat boxers, the bling wearers, the useless rhyming donkeys, braying in languages that only the underbelly can ascertain, will be forgotten like loose sands in a far away desert. Culture needs you, friend. You need to save it from itself. What would culture be without you, fair watchdog? Varied? Diverse? Speaking for people that YOU don't understand or don't want to understand? Oh. Could anything be worse than that? Alas...we trudge on.
(Move on. God. No one cares anymore. You've made your point. You hate hip hop. How daring.)
- R129, Trolldar shows me that you are obviously quite old and quite racist.
You also can't understand normal thinking.
- [quote]Jay-Zs music appeal to everbody. Anyone who does not like is a racist pure and simple.
What kind of stupid ass remark is that?
- "No one cares anymore."
And yet you fired your sarcasm pearls into overdrive just to not prove a point. Take your jungle red claws elsewhere.
And R132, you dumped your cookies and are still a cementhead with no taste in music whatsoever.
While I have shown a superior knowledge of tangents of the genre, none of you has shared any comparisons of uplifting hip hop that proves such music is in any way appropriate to the doomed film.
And now some entree-tain-munt fo yuz!
- Y'all needz yo Nigga pass!
- [quote]While I have shown a superior knowledge of tangents of the genre, none of you has shared any comparisons of uplifting hip hop that proves such music is in any way appropriate to the doomed film.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Look, you're the one who entered this discussion by calling others white niggers and making ebonics jokes.
You seem to be most angry that people have called you out for being old. But, really, you are old. Elderly. There's no way to deny it.
- Hey, twat 136. You don't know shit about me. So shut the fuck up, you braindead snot.
"You seem" - what a presumptuous smug little ass you are. what a sad toprid life you must lead.
You haven't typed a single thing to show that you know anything at all about this or any other topic. You're just another little ankle-biting trollina making age-ist accusations to some text on a screen. What a sad life you must lead.
Your pile-on hypocrisy is as useless and bland as you are.
Enjoy some more quality hip hop, cuntlette! Of course, you little hypocriticunts never listen to this shit, so let me showz it 2U:
"NIGGAZ IN PARIS BY YOUR VAUNTED 'ARTIST' JAY-Z, with the psychotic narcissist Kanye West!
How totally Fitzgerald-ish!
- Here it is with typed lyrics for you utterly hypocritical douche bags.
That title again: NIGGAZ IN PARIS.
- R138 is the worst person on Datalounge. And the oldest!
- I will not see it for this reason.
- THANK YOU Della at R123. Agree 100%.
- R139 is the author of this thread:
- [quote]Enjoy some more quality hip hop, cuntlette! Of course, you little hypocriticunts never listen to this shit, so let me showz it 2U:
What a sad piece of shit you are. A racist, old piece of shit.
- What an obsessive, deranged, boring, clueless, humorless drone you are, Asshole Asberger's.
You have yet to figure out how to post a link to any sample of hip hop music that isn't utter crap, you drug-addled ADD poster child for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
- I love how Angry Old Man keeps intimating that we don't know how to post links. As if it's some difficult riddle to figure out. You just know he finally went down to the learning annex in Boca to learn how to do it and now shows off his "computer know-how" to all his elderly friends at the Center in between canasta games.
Friend, we know how to post links. We just don't care to share our vast knowledge of great hip hop because it's now sort of fun to watch you implode.
- "We just don't care to share our vast knowledge of great hip hop"
Oh, Mary, you're a lousy liar. You wouldn't know good music if it raped your saggy STD-infected ass.
Do kill yourself, you sad sack of feces. You don't can't even fake sarcasm.
- Some more "quality" hiphop for you mincing priss-pots and faux-twonks, since you have absolutely no knowledge of basic HTML or music:
Great stuff, huh wiggaz?
- You know r6 unless someone kidnaps you and puts a gun to your head you don't have to buy a ticket for it at all. You could. Just. Not. Go.
- Jay will just go jack some beats from Nas like he usually does, so it will be all right.
- Da Great Gaxby
- R147, two questions for you.
How old are you?
What are some records released in the last 30 years you would recommend?
- The Great Gatsby was never meant to have rap music, what is wrong with the director??
- It's nice that this thread has provided a home for the various retards of DL.
- I hope R147 answers those questions.
- R147? Are you going to answer the questions?
- I would love to hear what R147 would recommend. I hope he responds.
- Hey, there ankle-biting twerps and twits!
Sorry to keep you lowlifes waiting.
I didn't realize I was a short order cook for music suggestions. Oh, right, I'm not!
A bit insistent, aren't you, beyotches? What sad little lives you lead.
Let's see. I've shared multi-syllabic pseudo-scholarly critiques of the genre which apparently befuddle your small minds so much you can't even respond to it with anything other than "You're old."
I've linked representative examples of the genre that use the offensive terminology which you simpletons use as a weapon.
And yet, the Asberger's drone has yet to share a single work of music by one of these alleged wonderful hip hop "Artistes"... perhaps because he can't.
Why don't you show me up, you insipid worms? Hmm?
Show me and others some wonderful examples of hip hop "artiste"-ery that will knock my socks off!
Perhaps some Nicki "Fright Wig" Minaj; you know, the talentless bitch who threatened to shoot Maria Carey with a gun?
Or maybe that other no-talent bitch who called Perez a "Faggot?"
SO MANY huge talents to choose from.
Come one, pimples, er, people. Step it up.
- Answer the questions.
- Answer MY questions, quisling ankle-biter!
- You might as well put Nicki Minaj to score a 20s film, it's totally redundant.
- Fucking coward.
- I've turned. I now enjoy R129. She's like that drunk aunt at Thanksgiving. You want to hate her, you do hate everything she says, but you can't help but find her provincially charming as she wraps herself in a self made, moth attacked, winter shawl on the couch, sips her boxed White Zin, states loudly that she could have made much better mashed potatoes, and comments over and over how her cats are all secretly brilliant.
You just sit and watch her unravel, mildly melancholic, knowing that when she dies, which will be soon, no one will be at the funeral.
- Thanks, 131/162 etc., for once again showing off your community college creative writing 101 skills. B+ for you!
Now, back to the point: hip hop that doesn't suck?
Prove your point.
You too, cuntlette R161. YOU are the coward.
- The trailer is good, but the music is loud and awful.
- Of course, R163 can't even name any albums from the past 30 years.
Also, R163, there is clearly more than one person having this conversation with you.
- Of course, 165, the ankle-biting troll, can't name ANY good hip hop "artistes" because s/he don't know what the fuck it's talking about.
You're just a simpering cubiclite whose favorites are generic Lite FM that you're forced to listen to because the domineering frau in your nearby cubicle reminds you too much of your mother.
Name some hop hop "Artistes" that aren't shit, you little weasel.
- Thanks, r149. It is common knowlege that Jay Zzzz was only moderately interesting when he ran with Foxy Brown. He's been stealing from the best for years. The only reason he holds the "crown" is because the real greats of Hip Hop dropped out of the game or are dead.
- R166 isn't answering because he is completely ignorant to modern music.
- Oh, I'm sorry. Are you presuming that I'm some sort of servant to give you what you demand when you snap your fingers, like a...
...Hmm, what's the word?
R168, you slithering weasel. I already posted half a dozen music videos, you shit-licking little worm.
- Boys, boys...calm down now.
This is just about as far a thread can go about little darkie hipper-hoppers who couldn't tell you the difference between a C# and a B-Flat. So what is the point of it?
In time, they'll all end up shooting each other to death anyway leaving a pefect highway for the return of Disco.
- Bitch got a voice full of money shots
Who got the big rocks? She does...lots
- I'm thinking Baz wants Jay to put together some songs like this one that uses an old Etta James vocal.
- Or like this from Xtina's album.
- I've got a great idea. Why don't they find old music from that era and use it in the movie? Kind of like Paper Moon did. Why pollute a bad movie with even worse music?
- "I'm thinking Baz wants Jay to put together some songs like this one that uses an old Etta James vocal."
Yes, because thieving and appropriation are the only talents of such an "artist."
- Your all fucking RACIST!
- "Your all fucking RACIST!"
Your all fucking racist WHAT, you illiterate cunt?
- No r175 I was thinking more along the lines of the idea that perhaps Baz wants that blending of the old with the new for the soundtrack of the film. He used contemporary songs in Romeo and Juliet and Moulin Rouge so this won't be the first time he is using popular music in a period film.
- First, Will Smith as James West. Now Leo as Gatsby. Some directors come up with some very asinine choices. I won't be watching this crap fest so I could give a shit about the music.
- R178, thanks. Yes, I know that, and actually like Baz's other films you mentioned for their eclectic experimentation.
I don't mind the idea of a hip hop score, but hearing that Jay-Zzzz is probably just going to grave-rob Etta James or something like that only proves my oft-repeated point that many in this genre are just musical thieves and no-talents.
The irony is, of course, that the cement-headed "You're old" creep doesn't realize how fuckin' OLD Jay-Z is!
He's a mixer, then, not a composer. Nothing wrong with collage (see link). It's just not original.
As for Leo, yes, R179. I don't like his crabapple adult-baby face ('Family Guy's Stewie!) He's once again wrong for a role, and the movie will suffer for it.