- Are you forgetting Linda Hunt?
- My goodness. You're asking a group of gay men whether they want to fuck Tilda Swinton?
She's an insanely great actress, and you're unworthy of licking the soles of her Prada pumps.
Now go play with your Justin Bieber dolls and let the adults talk.
- She can certainly be plain to a fault. I just stumbled upon "The Island" and at various points she looks something between a boiled potato and a smacked ass.
She can also be quite attractive and arresting, elegant and beautiful even.
Chameleons are always more interesting than beauty pageant winners.
- I don't think they sell Prada at Chico's.
- [quote] My goodness. You're asking a group of gay men whether they want to fuck Tilda Swinton?
I'm asking people who can read and comprehend a question if they think Tilda is the ugliest film actress today. You're the one making an asinine jump. Or maybe you're just displaying your inability to read which then excludes you from the question anyway.
- Aww poor plain jane OP needs to feel better today?
- I am feeling a little down today, R6, but this linked picture will help me feel better about myself. Thanks for the concern though!
- tilda is gorgeous. and Im not being kind in saying so. she has perfect bone structure, huge, doe-shaped eyes, and amazing skin. Of course if your notions of beauty were shaped by the too tan, overly made up and hair-extentioned girls you see on pageants and dancing with the stars, then of course you will not appreciate her beauty. The people who would consider her ugly are of the type who tease girls in high school who later go on to be supermodels.
- if this is ugly than let me be it
- R8/R9 has done his or her good deed for the day. That was kind of you. I hope you kept a straight face when you posted that picture you liked to in R9.
- Sometimes she is ugly, sometimes gorgeous. She is androgynous and weirdly asexual looking. The picture @R9 is beautiful. I think she would look much more feminine if she wore her hair longer.
- please post a picture illustrating your notion of an attractive woman, OP ,so that we can better understand where Tilda falls short, in your regard.
- Only because Tori Spelling doesn't make movies.
- Any other shallow musings you'd like to share today, OP?
- Well whaddya know. Gay men CAN get PMS!
- Well since you asked, R12, I might role play heterosexual for one night if this walked into my room.
- To be fair, you should post a picture of Natalie Wood without makeup.
- Or post Natalie Wood in her current state.
- Not as long as Christina Ricci is alive.
- I'd still take Natalie in her current state over Tilda!
- Meryl Streep could give TS a run for her money. But yea Tilda is a dog.
- I thought she was gorgeous in Edward II (see photo with knife at link).
- Bark Bark. Why do ugly women have to be seen?
- Eldergays will never be able to recognize beauty unless it is covered by two inches of max factor and key lit by George Hurrell himself
- I love her as an actress, but I do not find her even remotely attractive. Frances McDormand is also one of my favorite actresses, and she is also on the homely side. Don't even get me started on Ruth Gordon, who I adored.
But beautiful or even pretty? No.
- ...compared to whom? She has that British, ethereal beauty that doesn't really suit our modern sensibilities.
As far as ugly, I think DL's favorite, Julia Roberts, has the largest hat in that ring.
- r24, at 48, I guess I qualify as an eldergay. You're talking out of your ass, hunty!
- She was best friends with Derek Jarman and is a fantastic actress.
OP is a cunt.
- She looks like a homely man. And a BRITISH man at that!
- R5/OP demands ONLY the answer he wants to hear.
OP - you're a fucking moron. She's not classically beautiful, but she's certainly still gorgeous - but you probably only like Causasians.
- She's une jolie-laide, and a fierce bitch at that. Handsome boyfriend/lover AND husband, couture wardrobe, lauded actress.
- R32 sums it up perfectly. You can think she's ugly as sin but she's laughing all the way to the bank. I think she's tremendous.
- Not ugly ugly, just...unusual looking.
- She's beautiful, but non in a conventional way. In some ways I think that's what makes her a great actress because she looks the part. Could you ever see Angeline Jolie as a suburban mom in "We Need to Talk About Kevin"? She looked like frazzled mom character, but she can also look completely glamous.
- OP you're fucked. Have you seen 'I Am Love'?! Gorgeous in Jil Sander.
- Image from I Am Love
- She awful looking. Simply awful.
- She is fucking glamorous and gorgeous as hell in I am Love
- Most women/people who fall under the definition of jolie-laide I find myself very attracted to, much more attracted than I am to conventionally gorgeous people.
- I don't find her attractive but I think Ugly is an overused word for people who are plain or just not pretty.
- She is definitely a dog.
- R36/37, that picture did nothing to change my mind. She has hideously splotchy skin, terrible coloring, a huge nose with Grand Canyon-like nostrils, an enormous forehead that you could land a Boeing 747 on and her trademark premature balding hairline.
I'm so tired of this PC shit. The woman is ugly. And I truly believe that no one outside her family honestly finds her the tiniest bit attractive. Those who say she is attractive are star fuckers or simply nice people.
- Well, OP, she's definitely an acquired taste type of beauty.
I think her face is timeless. She's mesmerizing on the big screen. She can convincingly play frumpy and elegant, sometimes in the same film (We need to talk about Kevin).
And as R32 pointed out, cool as shit.
- bruce jenner is honey
- Despite my remarks about her looks, I actually think she's very cool, R44. She's definitely one of the best actors working today. I was thrilled when she won the Oscar for Michael Clayton.
- Meh, I've seen worse. I'll even admit I've fucked women who looked worse.
- she's like the model kristen mcmenamy - not conventionally beautiful. but absolutely fascinating to look at. beguiling even. that's what makes her so sexy.
- Have resented having TS shoved down my throat by the Global Hipster Industrial Internet Complex, as well as Charlotte Gainsbourg. But I recognize her as a strong actress with staying power -- the Jarman film and Michael Clayton drew on great depth and vulnerability.
- I don't find her attractive at all, much less beautiful. She looks odd, like an alien. In so many pictures I've seen of her she appears lashless, eyebrow-less and ghostly pale. Her hair seems unnatural somehow, like she's trying to disguise hair loss or something. She's very strange to look at, but obviously a lot of people like that. But she's definitely NOT beautiful or even pretty.
- I wish I were this ugly:
- Ewww. Gross, R51.
- Find a photo of Tilda and anyone, and I guarantee you Tilda's the one you'll be looking at.
- She is cold looking but can be incredibly sensuous as in I am Love. I love women who look like her. She could be beautiful in a more conventional sense but she is too cool for it. I think she is fantastic!
- [quote]And I truly believe that no one outside her family honestly finds her the tiniest bit attractive.
I think your own thread, OP, proves otherwise.
- She looks like she is from another era. People used to say the same about Carol Kane.
- She makes Shelley Duvall look like Miss Universe. And she has the same strange fan base who insist she's attractive.
She was well cast in "...Kevin" because her iciness created the nature/nurture question.
- I think she's amazing looking, beautiful but not pretty. She makes me think of medieval beauty. It helps that her skin is perfect.
In many of her roles, I haven't been able to take my eyes off her. That's beauty.
Natalie Wood was more pretty than beautiful.
- r 58 is correct, Tilda has the type of face that was considered ideal in medieval and renaissance times (see link)
Anyone with a provisional awareness of art history or comparative cultures would recognize that the standard of beauty varies widely from person to person, from time to time and from culture to culture, and would be able to appreciate beauty that came in versions other the that exhibited by Natalie Wood...
op is like an unsophisticated child who points at anything that doesn't fit into their narrow construct of what is acceptable, and calls it a monster.
- Tilda at home in Scotland with her dog.
- The woman is so not ugly, she is fascinating to look at.
- Another outtake from a photo shoot at her home:
- I thought TS was stunning as the androgynous archangel Gabriel in Constantine.
And I second Charlotte Gainsbourg as the ugliest. Just hideous. And that Lemon Incest song she did with her creepy dad!
- [quote]I think she's amazing looking, beautiful but not pretty. She makes me think of medieval beauty.
THIS. Perfect. I think she's very glamorous, interesting, and truly fierce. And a hell of an actress. Interesting that her fame came so late in the usual lifespan of an actress.
- She's like Cate Blanchett in that she isn't actually beautiful, but she can play beautiful women.
It's a combination of force of personality, acting skill, and just being photogenic. A person can be photogenic without being good-looking, the camera loves them and they capture your eyes when they're on the screen. Swinton is very photogenic, her face is always interesting even if she's in no makeup, or made to look wierd.
- She's gross looking.
- R66, you are just repeating yourself, dear.
- She is stylish, very intelligent, and cool. She can look attractive, and in some films she can look bad for a role, and she goes for it and doesn't care! Very unique, I think she's great.
- [quote]You can think she's ugly as sin but she's laughing all the way to the bank.
A similar comment can be made about almost everybody shat upon on DL, yet that certainly doesn't stop any of you from doing so. I always laugh when you people get your y-fronts in a knot and make exceptions and protestations for the celebs you like, yet it's always no holds barred for those you dislike.
- Yes but she really is a dog R67.
- That would be a stretch, to say she is ugly. She is kind of odd looking but I don't think it's ugly.
- She's not as boring and repetitive as you, R23, 38, 66, 70.
- [quote]I just stumbled upon "The Island" and at various points she looks like something between a boiled potato and a smacked ass.
I clicked on this thread expecting to be pissed at the misogyny but this is fucking hilarious. Thanks, R3.
- I find her insanely interesting looking. I don't even think about beauty in her case because her face and style are just brilliant.
Now, Dale Dickey (Winter's Bone, True Blood) gets a lot of work and is not so nice looking but she is great actress. Plus, she looks chill in that meth-head chic kind of way. I'd hang out with her.
- [quote]She looks like she is from another era.
Change "era" to "species" and I'll agree with you.
- I agree with the OP. She is ugly and she can take the alien featured Lily Cole with her. Great bone structure, doe eyes, ugly as fuck.
I have never NEVER ever met any man gay or straight that mentions Tilda Swinton on the atrractive scale let alone beautiful. Good bone stucture does not mean attractive or beautiful.
Tori Spelling has great cheek bones and doe eyes and is natures monkey moose.
- Would have responded sooner but I was too busy gouging my eyeballs out with knitting needles after looking at so many TS pics. She IS a good actress however.
- Another vote for "I Am Love", in which she's pure beauty and sex and talent. She plays a Russian woman who's assimilated into bourgeois Milanese society. Not even DL's beloved Streep could do justice to this gorgeous film.
- If her face seems like it belongs to another era, that's largely because she's one of the few women in publiclife who ever appears without makeup. No other moder woman is willing to let the world see her naturally pale eyelashes and eyebrows, and her thin lips unpainted and unplumped.
The other reason her face looks so old-fashioned is because her eyes are so very large. Many old portraits show women with huge, pale-lashed eyes, it's how painters flattered their subjects in the pre-makeup eras.
- Hahaha this is fucked up, tilda looks almost human in a wig. im sorry i have to say without a doubt the ugliest actress ive seen in ages is noomi rapace. yuck, why has she gotten parts in america, send that shit back!
- I think Tilda is the female version of Benedict Cumberbatch. They are strange looking but somehow their looks draw you in. I find them both very attractive now but not when I first saw them.
- She looks like David Bowie. Sometimes her "acting" is just looking washed out and haggard with her mouth hanging open.
- Her new film Only Lovers Left Alive looks fascinating.
- I don't find her particularly ugly but rather pretentious to the point of annoying.
- I am a straight woman and I have found her fascinating and sexy ever since seeing her in Orlando. I also liked her in Michael Kelly with Clooney.
- OP is obviously a troll. Tilda Swinton is obviously one of the most striking women alive.
- It doesn't stop her making movies with a naked Ewan McGregor, or that Italian hunk she got frisky with in 'I Am Love'! - and hanging out with Bowie for his new video, and she sometimes looks stunning at red carpet events as she certainly knows how to wear clothes.
- No, she's not.
- I've seen her in persona and she was stunning and dressed fabulously.
- It's a man, baby!
- Another vote for absolutely gorgeous- and more so in person.
- I can't wait to see her with Tom Hiddleston in Only Lovers Left Alive.
- She looks like David Bowie.
- Her pointed nose and sharp, narrow features paired with her pitch black pupils makes her resemble a great white shark.
- OP let's see your pic ok??
- She's scary
- She needs her ass back in that glass box
- I walked right into her in a lobby and she is tall and gorgeous.
- I think she is attractive and unique
- If you had to be a woman in your next life, would choose Tilda Swinton's looks as your vehicle? The answer is no. She's at the back of the line, in any century.
- Oh, and you people remind me of the same people who went gaga over Susan Boyle. Makes you feel better about yourselves.
- Who cares? She's about the best actor there is just now. And I wasn't even a fan till I Am Love and Julia.
- I now want to see her in 'The Deep End' again, and 'I Am Love'. Two of her most stunning roles.
- People saying she's beautiful and shit are crazy. Charlize is beautiful dumbasses, tilda? well fuck..
- r105 there are people who find Pamela Anderson, Sofia Vergara or any of those overdone housewives beautiful. With AND without makeup, Tilda wins hands down. Just because people find TS beautiful doesn't mean she outshines other conventional beauties.
- I recently saw an old movie on TV starring Tilda Swinton when she was younger, and she was very lovely looking and very good looking.
She was a beautiful woman at that time.
The movie was filled with sex - cannot remember the title.
- It was on Sundance Channel or Independent Film Channel.
- It can't have been Young Adam, cause she's ugly in that one. Plenty of sex though. Stars Ewan McGregor's cock. Damn fine actress and I agree with the beautiful/ugly depending on a lot of things. She'll be the one you'll be looking at that's for sure. And much as I hated the Jarmush movie Broken Flowers, her I loved in that. As always. Can't think of a single movie where she bored me.
The interview she gives in the extra features from the I am Love dvd is excellent. Especially the part about being an actress. Haha.
- Tilda wasn't in Broken Flowers for more than 60 seconds. Did you love Ellen Burstyn in Mrs. Harris as well?
- [quote]Those who say she is attractive are star fuckers or simply nice people.
This sort of attitude mystifies me. Why is it that so many on DL can't accept that people find different sorts of looks and people attractive? It's what makes the world an interesting place. Too many people on here act like stupid little fascists.
Or maybe we've just got publicists from rival actresses working overtime..
- [quote]If you had to be a woman in your next life, would choose Tilda Swinton's looks as your vehicle?
- Her eyes are a stunning shade of deep green. Rare.
- Please. She's a female David Bowie. She's badass. She's perfect!
- [quote]If you had to be a woman in your next life, would choose Tilda Swinton's looks as your vehicle?
- It may have been "Female Perversions," R107.
- Dear R110, I hated the film Broken Flowers. Tilda Swinton had a very brief appearance, but sadly that was the only thing I enjoyed from the film.
That's how much I hated that film, what can I say?
- I've tried and tried since this thread was new to name someone homelier than Tilda, and it's still not coming...honestly.
- Jane Adams.
- R17 I liked seeing her in it too, even for a minute. I didn't hate the film, most of it sucked, but there were a few great parts. Sevigny and Lange as lesbian lovers, lol, they really nailed that shit, and the Frances Conroy segment was heartbreaking, if nothing else Broken Flowers is the only time Conroy got to do something special on film instead of tv imo
- She ain't no beauty queen but she's definitely not the ugliest actress working today. She's weird looking but not entirely unattractive and incredibly talented.
And I love her.... Julia is a masterpiece and she is wonderful in it.
- Perhaps, now that Shelly Duvall is "retired."
- Uglier: Precious that black fattie, Monique, Oprah
- And Gabourey gives Mo'nique some competition...
- She is now the face of Chanel according the full page adverts here in the English papers. Not bad for someone "ugly" !
- Interesting since she doesn't need the money r125 - she was born to a Lord with plenty of cash.
- here's the Chanel ads in the UK
- She has come a long way and paid her dues - I remember her in a terrific British tv series back in the 90s maybe, "Your Cheating Heart" where she looked so individual and had great music.
- Tilda doesn't need our approval - according to imdb she has several projects in pre and post-production.
- Tilda's out of the running for fugly since Amanda Plummer turned up once more, on off-Broadway stages. And Amanda's co-star give all of them a run for their money.
- I understand that Tilda is a communist, as she joined the communist party while in college.
Tilda kind of reminds me of Sinead O'Connor. I think Ms. O'Connor is a communist as well.
- I doubt it.
- OP, google "Joan Cusack" and then answer your own question.
- She is pale and fugly
- OP is right. You can use as many euphemisms as you want - "classical", "joile ladie", "British", "unconventional" - they're all codewords for what she really is: ugly.
- ONTD find her outstanding, but they also worship Britney Shit, Xtina and Tom Hiddleston so obviously they have shitty taste.
I wound't say she's ugly but too weird for me and certainly not appealing.
- Now that we know she's straight we're not saying it anymore, but lets get honest, she looks like a dyke.
- She would be an ugly dyke.
- She has no eyelashes.
- She reminds me of David Bowie.
- Poor Mathilda (pronounced Maah Thiil Duh). Naturally we all weren't blessed with the proper breeding, hereditary talent & world renown Blonde good looks but thanks to my newsletter EVERYONE can look, live & feel as beautiful as an Academy Award-Winning Hollywood Legend!
- Joan Cusack? You think our Joanie is ugly? Begone troll.
"What did they give me?"
"They had to go!"
- "She has no eyelashes."
Of course she does, but she's the only actress in the world who's willing to appear without heavy black mascara.
It's one of the things that gives her Period Film Face.
- Beauty is only skin deep.
But ugly goes straight to the bone.
- I was not able to find a picture, but Tilda was absolutely stunning as Isabella in Derek Jarman's "Edward II" from the early '90s.
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That is what bowsers always say, though.
- She's a great actress. Loved her in Julia.
I think she's interesting looking but not conventionally attractive.
- Not so long as there are daughters she isn't, OP.
- [quote]I think she's interesting looking but not conventionally attractive.
- Tilda's one nasty looking lady. She's a pretty good actress and she's a communist too! But damn she's one nasty looking lady.
- I always enjoy her turning up on the red carpet. She's other-worldly in an interesting way.
Does she tip the velvet, girls?
In "Constantine" her look was especially striking, unique, powerful, yet lovely. In "Burn After Reading," her look was classy, smart, polished, and powerful. All because of her ability to believe in each character's qualities.
Also a great (though controversial) actress.
Just wait, now that Cate has paved the way for such, next is Tilda's turn.
- the important thing is that Tilda's beautiful on the inside. She is a communist of which I admire greatly. Tilda is one of the greatest actresses ever. She is amazing and I know she will go down in cinema's history as one of the greatest! You go girl!!!!
- When did she says she's a communist?
- Yes beyond a shadow of a doubt! Ugly as fuck!
- She was fabulous in "Michael Clayton." She deserved the Oscar.
- I'd like to pretend that R155 and R156 are the same poster.
- She aint got nuttin on me!
- Agree with R26.
- I remember thinking that in Edward II she looked oddly like Millicent Fenwick.
- There's something regal about her.
- I'm not a Brit so people who know better might explain it but I've understood that in the 80's some gays in the UK were communists. I assume it was mostly about being a counterforce against Thatcher. I remember Jimmy Somerville being, at least vaguely, one. I'm sure in Tilda's art-y circles being a communist was pretty normal if you wanted to be against the government.
And OP, fuck off. Tilda is a treasure.
- She's not a conventional beauty at all, but she's certainly not "ugly".
R1 Does she still work?
- Like Anjelica Huston,she can be either gorgeous or frightening. But a superb actress,unlike Meryl who is ugly and cant act a lick.
- Sarah Jessica Parker. At least she's thin and rich.
- I thought tom cruise was the ugliest actress working in the industry right now?
- She was born into landed gentry, and grew up in a very old manor house. She went to exclusive schools and was basically like an aristocrat.
- Gee OP there are so many ugly actresses. But you hit the nail on the head with Tilda. What a dog!
- Swinton's one of a handful of chicks who can ACT beautiful and be utterly convincing, even though she ain't all that to look at.
Glenn Close and Meryl Streep could do this, too ... or at least could when they were younger.
- She is in the top five.
- Tilda rocks
- This woman is a goddess who can't do any wrong in my book.
- TBH I don't really get how anyone can say Tilda is ugly. I think she's got great bone structure and quite symmetrical face. Her beauty is more on the fashion model side of beauty. There's something androgynous, something alien, about her.
The whole premise of this thread boggles the mind.
- I think Ruth Wilson is ugly. She looks like a lower class mentally challenged person who sucks her thumb and smells like dirty hair.
- She is a classic " handsome woman".. Not pretty, not beautiful, but striking and memorable....love her
- Tilda Swinton was around (and appreciated by those in the know) way before "the hipsters" discovered her, R49.