- Henry's face morphed with Chris Reeve, Tom Welling and Brandon Routh (no Dean Cain?)
- Cleaned up somewhat
- Never mind, Cain is there.
- They should have used Welling's lips. And eyes.
The used his cheekbones, right?
- Looks mainly like Brandon Routh to me.
- New still!
- Nobody ever heard of him.
- R7 lives under a rock
- Rumor is that Henry may be once again engaged to someone named Gina Carano (see link). This exchange was alleged to have been posted on her official site:
5 Jan 13, 13:01 Maya: Hi, guys, I've heard Gina is already engaged to Henry Cavill...is it true?
5 Jan 13, 19:14 Maya: a friend of mine told me Gina brought her fiance to Reno to meet her family
There's absolutely no verification that this is in any way accurate.
- R8 - Raci$t Le$bian Vegan Catholic Troll Alert!
- Bizarre, R9
- Isn't she dead?
Of an overdose?
- Brandon Routh was perfect - he took the fall for a lousy script and a -face it - boring premise.
- So why are they bringing back Superman so soon after the failure of the last one?
- Henry Cavill, Scoot McNairy And More Wanted For Lead Role In GODZILLA Remake
First we learned that two of Godzilla's producers have exited the reboot. Then it was revealed that the script was getting a rewrite from The Walking Dead's Frank Darabont. NOW, a short list of actors has been revealed that the studio wants and it includes some big CBM stars!
- The Matthew Broderick/Maria Bell 1998 reboot was unwatchable. Godzilla was a total pussy who hiked up his skirts and ran through Manhattan when chased by copters. Even Jean Reno couldn't save it.
- R14 the studios want a Marvel like franchise= Iron Man/Thor/The Avengers
- Well hopefully they won't get one, R17
- Well, apparently, Cavill is out for the role. Some dude name Aaron Johnson was offered it.
- I'm certainly disappointed that Henry Cavill appears to be bearding not just once but TWICE within the last year alone. But I guess in 2013 it is still unrealistic to expect an openly-gay Superman.
- It's no surprise that Cavill wants action roles. After all, action roles require the least amount of talent and charisma.
- And maybe the opportunity to get into action with a lot of hot stuntmen, R21 ?
- R22 Well, that could very well be too!
- Bigger version of the new still with very visible chest hairs peeping out.
Will have to wear a trenchcoat to this movie.
- Do you think Henry has ever sharted while he's working out?
- Go away, scat troll at R25
- I've read somewhere that Gina Carano might be a lesbian. Well, that would explain a lot.
- She's certainly very butch.
- Henry and Gina made their red carpet debut last night.
If he is bearding, then this is the most transgressive bearding I have ever seen. A lady wrestler?
And Ellen Whitaker? The reason they were never pictured together is because is would look like a photocall for "The Heiress."
He knows what he's doing.
I don't care what you are Henry, just find someone that makes you happy!
Some of these photos of him (alone) are breathtaking.
- This is why I love Amy Adams.
- R29/R30 = IMDB fangurl
- Henry looks dead behind the eyes, don't you think?
- [quote]Henry looks dead behind the eyes, don't you think?
Yep. That's what happens when you sell your soul to the Hollywood machine. Oh well, that's his problem.
His PR people keep fucking up. They knew that nobody fell for the whole "engagement" with the last beard since there were no pictures of them together, so now they're making sure that with the new beard to make sure there are plenty of photo ops with them together. The only problem is they've got him bearding with a butch female closet case.
You can bet this charade will be over a few months after the Superman promotion is done.
- Does Cavill know this woman? Do you think it's possible that he got to choose the beard and he chose her because they were already friends or something? Just a suggestion. I doubt any publicist would suggest such a butch woman to beard up with.
- The only reason I can think of why they chose Gina is because she is a fan favorite to play Wonder Woman in Justice League (admittedly a role she looks born to play).
I wonder if they twirl together.
- R36 Good point. If she indeed is talked to be the next Wonder Woman, it would explain why they are "dating". It would create a lot of buzz for sure.
- Haha I love all the Jillian Michaels mentions in the Dlisted comments lol!
- Isn't Henry turning 30 this Spring?
- Sad. Fame trumps honesty for some people. Bet you he has trouble sleeping at night...regardless of who's next to him.
- R39 Yep, in May. IMO he looks older.
- I bet Zack Snyder would've supported him him too if he was out or comes out after Man of Steel. I don't particularly care for all of Snyder's movies but he and his wife seem like good people.
- R42, isn't money the bottom line in Hollywood, though?
- He is again wearing shoes with a tall heel. Is his beard very tall or what?
- They'll support him after he comes out. [italic]After[/italic] Superman.
Seriously, Henry may or may not be gay, he may want to come out or he may not want to, but he will [italic]not[italic] come out, at least explicitly, as long as he is bound to his Superman 3-picture deal. The last two Nolan Batman pictures grossed over a billion each and expectations are high for Man of Steel to be a similarly prolific franchise. Everyone has $$$ tied up into Henry and r43 is right, that is the bottom line.
- Ugh. We have to go through THREE Superman movies? I hope the first one bombs and they don't make anymore.
- [/italic][/italic]End Italic.
- This thread is making my neck hurt.
- [quote]We have to go through THREE Superman movies? I hope the first one bombs and they don't make anymore.
Have you ever considered not seeing the movie if you don't like it?
- Yes, R49. That's exactly what I'm suggesting.
If we boycott these movies, perhaps they'll end and Henry will come out of the closet sooner.
- So his career is to be put in jeopardy by folks not going to see his movie in hopes he will then come out? That makes no sense and is childish. Sorry. Don't go to see it if it isn't a film you want to see, but don't use a lame excuse that it will then be easier for him to come out because his film flopped.
- R51, the longer that Henry is involved with the Superman franchise, the longer it will be before he can come out.
If it ends sooner and he goes back to being less high-profile, there's more of a chance he can be himself.
- Those of us that don't need celebrities to validate our lifestyle are simply happy and excited to see Henry portray Superman on screen, a role he looks like he was born to play.
If Henry is a great Superman, maybe the best Superman yet, and he chooses to come out after the films are done, then maybe he can change things, but I'm not going to - and don't expect to - look for leadership from Hollywood. I just want a good movie.
- I don't feel that way anymore, R53.
I don't normally care about these things that much, but engaging in such obvious bearding is insulting to my intelligence and turns me off.
- What r54 said. I don't need an actor to validate my life, and I am understanding of actors who choose to be glass closeted or who don't explicitly come out for whatever reason, whether it be family, career, or something else. .
But I have no time or patience for someone in the public eye who actively, knowingly beards. I'm certainly not going to give him my money, not even indirectly. So no, I don't wish him success, at least not until he comes out.
- But R52.. we don't have any proof he will for sure come out after the Superman movies are done either. He might as well do a great job as Superman and then if he comes out that will be great. But I think boycotting his movies so he can come out faster is a dumb decision.
- Is it pretty much agreed on this thread then that he is, in fact, gay?
- The consensus appears to be moving in that direction, R57.
- Count me in R54 & R55. I am SICK of this DISGUSTING bearding shit that goes on in Hollywood and I refuse to accept it anymore. It's 2013 and nothing's changed since the days of Rock Hudson. I will not spend any of my money on people who care more about fame and fortune than they do making a difference in their community. When they do shit like this, it makes it look like being gay is something shameful and awful that should be hidden and denied.
I also hope the movie flops. Same goes for the movies of any other closeted actor.
He's not even that great of an actor anyway.
- R53 = Neville Chamberlain
- Old photo of Henry with some more male friends:
- Work it, girl!
- It looks as if he took that pic himself at R62. How precious he looks.
- This photo of Henry looks like it may have been taken at East/West Lounge in West Hollywood. It's a gay bar that recently closed.
Can anyone here who knows West Hollywood well confirm?
- Girl, please!
- [quote]I will not spend any of my money on people who care more about fame and fortune than they do making a difference in their community.
But you WILL spend money on other entertainment product from the same studios and networks who refuse to cast out actors and who force gay actors to beard and hide their personal lives if they want any kind of success in the industry.
Try holding accountability where it really lies.
- R66 = Fangurl
- Actually R66 is right. Why punish only closeted and bearding actors, but not studios who are forcing them to do it?
And no, I don't condone lying and bearding. It's one thing to refuse to talk about your private life, which I respect, and it's a completely different thing to resort to bearding, which is disgusting and pathetic.
- This is such crap. If the man does not want to announce to the world if he is really gay, it is his business. It is his business, not the general public. Again, what is it? Do you think he is going to come out and then call you and pop your ass? Gossip about him, sure, no problem. But this anger that is getting stronger on this thread is of concern. This kind of anger is destructive to most gay people who do not spend their days being pissed at those who for whatever reason don't walk around with a sign saying "I am gay". Please, get over the anger.
- Just one thing to say about Miss Cavill:
- It is the eldergays who are angriest, because labels are the most important thing to them.
- You may be right, R71. And as an eldergay myself, that makes me sad. Screw labels. It is a new generation of young gay men out there. Let them now take the lead and move forward. The past is important as sacrifices were made and risks were taken to get to the various levels of inclusion today. However, if young men like Cavill choose to live their lives privately,or with girls on their arms, it is their decisions to make. It is hoped that as we continue to progress, the male celebrities who are indeed gay, will be able to come out if they choose so without the risk of career ruination.
- Almost all gay actors who have achieved some success in Hollywood have bearded in one way or another - and YES, the glass closet is a kind of beard, because it influences behavior - not taking a same sex partner to a premiere or posing for pictures with them, etc., things that straight actors do without second thought.
Henry did not make the rules. If he wants to take this lady wrestler to premieres, I say more power to him.
- I understand what you are saying, R73, and you make some good points. I just think it's insulting to watch TWO apparent bearding arrangements within the space of a year.
- Is shame hardwired into gay DNA?
- Look at the big IMDB thread the Henry fangirls are having about him and Gina!
[quote]I have never gotten the gay vibe from HC. That doesn't mean anything of course, but I just don't see it.
- So he wants to fool the heteros. So let the heteros be fooled. Look at all those stupid twats on ONTD when he announced his engagement to Ellen: "OMG IM DEVASTED!!! OH NOES NOW HE WON'T MARRY ME!" The cunts couldn't even be happy for him and his pretend bride.
It's like the joke on "Will & Grace" : Someone will buy it.
Henry was literally plucked from high school to be in the movies and then spent the past decade losing roles: Superman (back in 03), Edward Cullen (it was written FOR him!), Cedric Diggory, Batman, James Bond (2nd place) and who knows what else. Now he is give a role that will make him a great movie hero. What bigger movie hero is there than Superman? To really understand how much this means, go to the Comicbookmovie or Superherohype forums, where Superman is worshipped like God, and read what the fans say about Henry. They love him and want him to succeed! They believe he can do justice to the role. Nobody was like that with Brandon Routh.
Henry has the opportunity to definitively define a legendary hero on screen. In a perfect world, people's expectations would only be limited to his onscreen portrayal but like he says quite ominously in the trailer, "If people knew who I really was, they'd reject me out of fear." If Henry is the perfect Superman then maybe, in the future, he can change people's perceptions, and a great thing will have been done. But for now, he's very limited in what he can do and how he can represent himself.
- [quote]definitively define
- R76, the IMDB thread is seriously hilarious. Look at this breakdown a fangurl had over a suggestion Henry may be gay.
- Oops. Link in right place now.
- The fangirl is actually articulate and is providing reasonable arguments to someone who is pushing a somewhat insulting "gay by association" thesis.
Nobody here [italic]knows[/italic] if Henry is gay, myself included (and I wrote half this thread); assumptions can be made based on the history of how he has represented his personal life, but nobody KNOWS except Henry what he is.
Most of the girls are just being honest about how they feel about Henry based on what they have seen of him in movies and on TV, where he is always very butch. A lot of them seem open to the possibility that he might be gay, but don't like the idea of someone saying "He has a gay friend! He's gay!" because it is demeaning.
- "Edward Cullen (it was written FOR him!)"
So why didn't he get it then? It's not like Pattinson was any more famous than him without the Twilight part.
- He was too old (25) by the time the movie got made. At least that's the conventional wisdom.
The fangurl is in denial. Henry being gay spoils the dreams of these hormonals teens/twenties.
- It's already being reported from one critic that "Man of Steel" is the best Superman yet, and Henry Cavill gives a heartbreaking performance. Also, the flying scenes are breathtaking!
- You lost me at:
[quote] Henry Cavill gives a heartbreaking performance[/quote]
Nope, not buying this critique, when the movie is pretty much top secret.
- New Trailer!
- Do you think Henry's ever pumped an ass?
- [quote]The fangirl is actually articulate and is providing reasonable arguments to someone who is pushing a somewhat insulting "gay by association" thesis.
No, no one is presenting a 'gay by association' thesis. What some people are saying is that considering the suspicious timing of the 'engagement' with the announcement of the Superman part, added to the fact that there are dozens of photographs of Henry Cavill with the openly-gay Corey Spears and other gay men in gay bars, there is more likelihood of him being gay than straight.
- Oh, well. Just one more closeted pussy in Hollywood. I won't be spending my money to see any of his movies. His acting is terrible anyway.
- I love Henry!
- Could those of you with IMDB accounts please go onto the Henry thread and make sure our point of view gets represented?
- [quote]Could those of you with IMDB accounts please go onto the Henry thread and make sure our point of view gets represented?
Don't worry - the fangurls (like at R91) come on this site regularly. I've even seen DL mentioned in a few of the thread there before.
- From a poster at IMDB:
[quote]Fact: I know he's gay or, at the very least, bisexual. Ask if you want details.
[quote]Okay. I'm acquainted with Corey Spears, and Henry and Corey used to hang (I don't know if they still do). Corey is gay. Henry used to go to East/West which was a gay bar in Santa Monica. One night Corey, Henry and a few other people left E/W for an evening of extra-curricular activities. Fun was had by all that night. All were male.
[quote]And I'll just bring up something else for verification: Henry was known to have a "girly arse" when he was in school. People who are acquainted with him will know that.
- [quote]no one is presenting a 'gay by association' thesis
That's exactly what they are presenting. In fact those very words are used in the post you linked at @ r76.
There is [italic]anecdotal[/italic] evidence that Henry might be gay: the most polite way I can put it is that the way he is representing himself to the public [italic]feels[/italic] like the way a somewhat reluctantly closeted man would negotiate his public image. However, unless Henry comes out and says it or is caught with his hands in the cookie jar, there is always going to be this grey area that people will talk about. Frankly it reveals a lot more about themselves the way they approach the subject than it does about Henry.
- Henry Cavill is "gay friendly'" not gay. Stop trying to make Henery Cavill is gay happen.
- Hello and welcome fangirl at R96. Thanks for ruining yet another thread. Sorry to say but Cavill is most likely gay. I can't wait to say "told you so" in a few years time when he comes out.
- Why should he come out? There are no consequences for him if he stays closeted (IF he's gay, that is), as the gays can't muster up a decent protest for love or money and the closet is so respected.
"you always bring drama here. you are probably a drama queen, or just a queen from datalonge, which´s the same.
btw thanks for not calling us 'fraus' , it must have taken you great efforts not to do that, i appriciate that."
- [quote]Henry Cavill is "gay friendly'" not gay.
Do gay-friendly straight guys usually spend so much time in gay bars, or with their arms draped around their gay friends?
- What's funny about it, R99?
- How many Cavill threads do we need here? Who the hell does he think he is, Anne Hathaway?
- [quote]Why should he come out? There are no consequences for him if he stays closeted (IF he's gay, that is), as the gays can't muster up a decent protest for love or money and the closet is so respected.
Well.. he won't, obviously. There's a reason he stays closeted, and I don't see him coming out until his career takes a downfall, especially not until superman is over, and even then it will probably take a few years before he comes out. And yeah.. most gays will go see his movies because he's hot. They don't care about his pathetic bearding behavior, which is kinda sad. Maybe we should boycott his movies..
- Interestingly, Henry and Jodie have the same publicist. She's also Bomer's publicist too, but I don't know how all that is negotiated with Halls in the picture.
- I wouldn't mind if Henry stayed in the closet as long as he didn't do the bearding routine.
It's when we've seen all the photos of him with gay men in gay bars and with his arms around Corey Spears and then he turns around and beards with women and fake engagements that it becomes insulting to the intelligence.
- It's somewhat more insulting to the intelligence that you would suggest a photograph of a man in a nonintimate display of friendship with a gay person is indicative of his sexuality.
- R106, are you being serious?
*A* photograph? Try a couple dozen photographs.
Not to mention an 'engagement' in which the two people engaged were never photographed or seen together.
- To be fair, R106, they were photographed once together. :)
- All of that might suggest that Henry might be gay, but the limited view Henry has given of his personal life has also included references to girlfriends, so he clearly is not ready to be defined as gay, if that is what he indeed is.
- [quote]they were photographed once together. :)
Who were? Heny & Corey are in numerous photos together. Did you scroll through all the Henry threads?
- [quote]so he clearly is not ready to be defined as gay
- Ugh, fangurl at R109, what part of "won't/can't come out" do you not understand? Of course he is seen with girlfriends.. that is what bearding means! And if you think he's so straight, good for you.. there's millions of other websites where you can discuss his straightness with other fraus. If we want to discuss him being gay, we will.. despite you insisting otherwise.
- Henry now a collectible statue for your home or office
- it is interesting to me that there is such a pervasive narrow minded point of you on this thread.
Being seen with gay men in no way is proof he is gay. Just like being seen with women is not proof he is straight.
You accuse people who post on imdb as being desperate to prove he is straight, and yet, many on here seem equally or more desperate to believe he is gay.
In the photos with Corey Spears where he has his arm around him, note that Corey's long time bf was also at that gathering. A lot of people pose for pictures with their arms around each other and it doesn't mean they are gay/straight/bi, etc. It is just a common way to pose.
I have no idea what he is, but why not just let it evolve over time. I imagine if he is gay, he will come out eventually. And sadly, if he isn't, none of you will ever believe it. When confronted with a reality that doesn't agree with yours you just stubbornly stick to your impressions.
- R114, I think most people here are mature enough to realize that having a gay friend, being at a gay bar, or posing in a photograph with gay men does not necessarily mean a man is gay. I think most of us know there are gay-friendly straight guys out there who sometimes do that.
But we are not talking about one photo or one gay friend. Have you seen all the photos posted on this thread and the other Cavill threads? Henry is photographed in various gay bars, not just with Corey Spears, but with other gay men as well.
Add that to the bizarre engagement last year that only lasted a few months and that was with a woman who Henry was barely even photographed with more than once, and things begin to add up to something unusual going on in the life of a supposedly straight guy.
- I want it, R113. But would it kill these toy manufacturers to make these figurines a little more adult-like in the crotchetal area?
My niece is better hung than that, for crying out loud! Sheesh.
- R116, maybe they are implying that Henry has a small cock?
- I agree the engagement was odd. And yes, I have seen the other pictures. They seem to be several pictures from the same one or two events. Corey himself spoke out on his blog that HC is not gay.
I don't really care if he is or not. But you guys are wrong to jump to conclusions. HC is European, and many European men are much less uptight about the gay/straight thing. They are also more comfortable showing affection.
I just honestly feel bad for people who are not allowed to tell their own story in their own time, and also who are not believed, even when they come out and directly answer the questions. I have read comments on openly gay/lesbian actors boards where they are accused of pretending to be gay because it is "cool". So it seems that if you are gay, no one believes you, if you are straight no one believes you.
In my own personal opinion sexuality is pretty fluid. Some are more to one end of the spectrum than the other, and many who are not. As attitudes change people will feel more comfortable blending the lines even more.
Maybe HC decided to dabble, maybe he always has been open either way, or maybe he full on gay or straight and just likes to keep us guessing.
But stop trying to make him fit what your own issues and fantasies. And stop the whole indignant "Oh he is awful for bearding", because you just don't know anything for certain. You may wish you did, but you don't.
- [quote]Corey himself spoke out on his blog that HC is not gay.
Link please. Even if he did, he would be expected to provide cover for Henry. And didn't he post a photo of Henry looking into a mirror several years ago that he described as 'my love' or something like that?
[quote]HC is European, and many European men are much less uptight about the gay/straight thing. They are also more comfortable showing affection.
Not really - not in the sense you are suggesting. Most European straight guys are not quite that affectionate with other men.
- "...But! ...But! ...But!"
We [italic]know[/italic] there is circumstantial evidence that Henry might be gay. But it is [bold]circumstantial[/bold]. Stop trying to act like it's anything but.
- R120, isn't the evidence that he is straight also circumstantial?
- Wow, R117. You think so? The Man Of Steel screen caps show a very healthy bulge, though. I wonder if Henry is uncut and long, or if he's thick. The shape of the fingers is usually a good rule of thumb.
- The Corey Blog is odd. He had a lot more pics posted about 2 years ago. As soon as HC got the Superman thing, the pics were gone, as was his post about HC not being gay.
He wrote a paragraph about it, where he says that HC is a sweetheart, and very open and accepting of people, but is not gay.
Someone skilled at advanced searches could probably find it and I think there was an old Fan site that had re-posted it in in one of the threads.
Clearly Corey could have just posted that as a favor to help HC with some spin control after the big MOS announcement.
- [quote]Henry now a collectible statue for your home or office
Where can I get that statue??
- [quote]he says that HC is a sweetheart, and very open and accepting of people, but is not gay.
Does he explain why Henry likes spending time in gay bars?
- Well, hard to say on that one. Cavill himself has talked about past hetero relationships, dating women, so that would possibly tip the scales away from circumstantial evidence.
While the rumors he is gay hinge on pictures, and supposedly being at a gay bar a few times, and for a brief time having a gay roommate.
In a "court of law" that would be considered far weaker evidence than his past history or his own words.
There isn't a lot known about his private life. He has been pictured on what might seem like "dates" with some women in the past. The Jillian Michaels thing seems like a rumor without any substantiation.
The first engagement was odd, but who knows, it may have been real, and he has been photographed with Carano several times, before it was publicly known and under the radar, when their were no known paps nearby to record the relationship to disprove Gay Rumors. They have been spotted here and there quietly since about September. And if he really was bearding, it would seem he would have made sure that he was photographed with her in Puerto Rico to sell the idea that they are soooo in luuvvv that they can't be apart even for work.
They seemed pretty chummy in their pics and seemed to have some sort of affection for each other.
So really the preponderance of evidence, taken at face value, with no deeper interpretations placed on it, would seem to indicate that he is straight.
- [quote]Cavill himself has talked about past hetero relationships, dating women
Because gay men have never done such things in the past, right?
- [quote]In a "court of law" that would be considered far weaker evidence than his past history or his own words.
Thank you, Marcia Clark, but this isn't a fucking court drama.
The question is whether Henry sucks cock, gets his ass fucked (and/or fuck ass), and swallows cum instead of eating/fucking twat.
Most everyone here assumes he does, except for twatsquatters lke you. Get over it!
- R126, your 5th paragraph sounds suspiciously like what the fangirls are saying on the Henry thread at IMDB
- [quote]In a "court of law" that would be considered far weaker evidence than his past history or his own words.
You're getting WAY too carried away with this one. I already conceded above that Henry has claimed publicly that he is straight and that he has talked about women in the past. I even said that I'm open to the possibility Henry may not be gay.
But it's ridiculous to think that because an actor says he is straight that it is compelling evidence of heterosexuality when dozens of actors who later came out as gay have done the same thing.
Taylor Lautner also claims to be straight and like women (eg. he 'dated' Taylor Swift). Do you believe him?
- RE: HC and the gay bar, I thought the story was he came to Hollyweird with pretty much no money. While he had some films, British film and TV don't pay near as well as US industry does.
Anyway, it sounded like he got a job either at that bar, or at another bar. He had bartended in his home town before between acting jobs, so that was a skill he had.
I get the feeling that he met Corey working at the bar, like maybe they were co-workers and that was how they ended up as roomies.
As far as hanging out at the bar, the pics seem to be from the same one or two events. And they look like after hours kind of parties or something. Could be HC, living with Corey got to know his circle of friends, and that was who he hung out with. I have gay friends and have gone to a gay bar with them for a birthday or other celebration and it was lots of fun.
I don't know if HC was a regular at that bar, but it does seem as if was there, with a group of people who were the same people each time, at least once or twice.
SOunds like most of you in here are gay. Are you really going to say that you have never had a straight friend? You have never had a straight friend come to a gay bar? Your own judgmental attitudes are almost as bad as the redneck homophobes or the crazy fan girls who need HC to be straight for their fantasies.
- [quote]British film and TV don't pay near as well as US industry does
Probably pays far more a year than the average Joe is making though, yes?
- "[R126], your 5th paragraph sounds suspiciously like what the fangirls are saying on the Henry thread at IMDB"
R126: "And if he really was bearding, it would seem he would have made sure that he was photographed with her in Puerto Rico to sell the idea that they are soooo in luuvvv that they can't be apart even for work."
From IMDB: "If HC was gay, I don't see why he'd go to PR to visit Gina, where no paps even took pics."
- R131, have you ever seen The Wizard of Oz? Because you ain't in Kansas anymore, Dorothy! Go stroke your pussy on some other thread while filling your head with hearts of Henry.
The truth is that he hung out in gay bars with other gay boys, he swam in swimming pools (at the Mondrian!) with other gay boys, and he really [bold]really[/bold] feels uncomfortable filming sex scenes with women (just Google his several interviews on the subject). How many str8 boys do that?! Now really, go latch on to a truly het star and get your panties wet over that unfortunate slob.
I wasn't getting carried away, I was making a joke, which is why I said "Court of Law" in quotes.
From strictly the available evidence, there is more "evidence" he is straight. But as I said, that is just looking at the surface of the evidence, not digging deeper into motives behind what he says or does.
If you were to make a little chart, and have known evidence he is straight on one side and evidence he is gay on the other, there would be more entries on the straight side.
But being able to prove that each piece of evidence is absolutely true, well that is where it gets tricky.
I do think HC likes women, at least some of the time. There are some pics out there of him with the actress who played Ann Boleyn in the Tudors. She is rubbing up and down all over him and he isn't shying away. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is there too, and there is "0" chemistry between he and the actress. Of course JRM was probably drunk or stoned at the time.
He is a good looking guy, personality seems a bit wooden when he is at events or making work related appearances. In candids he seems looser. But really why not just wish him to be bi, and then there is some to go around to satisfy everyone's fantasy.
- R134, I'm open to hearing alternative theories from people such as R131 as to why it's possible Henry could be straight, but when they do so I think they need to do a better job explaining why a straight guy would spend so much time around gay bars and gay men.
Now as for the Mondrian, is it predominantly a gay swimming pool/resort area? I've never been there. Is the clientele entirely gay or do straight couples go there as well? I can't quite tell from the photos and I've never been there so I don't know.
- R135, you do realize that Jonathan Rhys Meyers has been rumored to be gay or bi for many years too, right?
- R135, Henry [bold]DOES NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE FILMING SEX SCENES WITH WOMEN[/bold]. He's not straight. Not even bi. Get over it already.
- R138, aren't there straight actors who also feel uncomfortable doing nudity and sex scenes too?
- Instead of attacking why don't you answer?
Why would he go to PR and fly under the radar if he was just bearding with GC? How does that make sense. If he was trying to convince the world he is straight, it seems like he would want lots of photographic evidence.
Why did they date for 3 or so months before an official outing together if it is just a beard?
And why can't you be an adult and talk about it instead of being a whiny little bitch who has to put people down who disagree or who at least are open to the fact that there could be more than one answer to the question.
You are all so sure of yourselves, but why? Why do you care so much. And I have never said he was definitely straight, I just answered the question that the evidence was circumstantial either way.
Some of you have made up your minds and are not able to conceive that you may be wrong.
In your world, a man who dates women, is still gay, a man who is married is still gay, a man who denies being gay is still gay.
And honestly, if you are working in show business as a straight man, there is a huge chance that a lot of your friends and associates are going to be gay. So unless you plan to never socialize with other actors, Just about every straight actor out there has gay friends. So are they all gay now?
As I have said before, it makes no difference to me at all about Henry. I just think it is a good idea to try to be objective.
Yes, there is some reason to consider he could be gay. And yes there is as much reason to consider he could be bi or straight. I suppose he could also be asexual and not really care, or pansexual and not really care who or what he gets it on with.
- Yes, R139. There are indeed other "straight actors" who also feel uncomfortable doing nudity and sex scenes.
With other members of the same sex.
- @ 135,, if you listen to just about any actor, male, female, straight, gay, they all say that filming sex scenes is uncomfortable. They aren't sexy.
They have a camera shoved in their face, they have to choreograph the movements, placement of their hands, angle to kiss, etc so it shows to the best advantage of filming. It isn't like they just say "Ok, just pretend to fuck and we will be over here ready to throw some cold water on you if you get too carried away".
So if that is your final proof that he is gay, then all of Hollywood is gay.
And seriously, I don't think even this crazy group would actually believe that.
- [quote]Why would he go to PR and fly under the radar if he was just bearding with GC?
Who knows right now? But I'm not sure the question is relevant. In any situation it's important to see the forest from the trees.
That means that if someone is involved in a bearding relationship, they may not necessarily always have along a huge group of photographers in tow to document it or watch it. That doesn't mean the relationship is real just because they didn't try to 'show it' to the press each day of its existence.
- No actor feels really comfortable doing any sex scenes. They're always awkward.
- R140, it's because we've been through this same shit before. From Rock Hudson, to Ricky Martin, to John Travolta, to Tom Cruise, to Jodie Foster. For all of your elaborate court-drama scenarios, you're too busy making up fantasies to recognize facts when they bite you squarely in the ass.
- Okay, R142. Watch this one. The male interviewer is absolutely sure that Henry would've been hot for his co-star. Guess what? Not even a little bit. Ha!
And his mannerisms were a little less practiced back then, no?
Yes, there have been other actors who hid their sexual orientation, but less and less now.
But you can't make the jump that because Rock Hudson his is orientation, then all manly actors must be gay.
No doubt there are a lot of gay men in show business. And there are probably some actors who continue to successfully hide it and have married, had kids, had very public affairs with women, etc.
But that still isn't enough, on an individual basis to assume that HC is absolutely gay. It might be enough to raise the question, but it isn't the logical extension of the situation.
There is no logic to say because Joe is gay then John must be gay. It just doesn't work that way.
If it did the converse would be true. Meaning that if an actor has straight friends he must be straight.
I am not saying that I know for certain HC is straight. I am saying that I don't know what he is, but on face value only, he is communicating through his actions and his words that he is straight. That is how he presents himself to the world.
If he is doing that because it is true or not, isn't the debate. At this point only he and his closest friends know the truth.
So you can sit here and debate it, fantasize he is gay, hope he is straight, all you want but the fact is none of you know anything for 100% sure.
- Interesting, R146. I haven't seen a clip of Henry that young before. He had only just turned 20 in that interview since they are talking about his recent birthday. That means he was still 19 when he filmed the movie they are talking about.
- R147, you are simply delusional. Henry's earliest actions indicate that he had (has?) a preference for hanging out with a gay crowd. No girlfriends in sight. Whatsoever. Conclusion: Gay.
He has now (at the age of 29), been linked to only three women (all of them mannish) during his entire career. One of then is an out lesbian, and the other two are rumored to be lesbians themselves. And there are no obvious displays of affection (kissing, etc.) depicted in any images that I've seen. And yet the rampant rumors of his homosexuality persist. Conclusion: Closeted.
Yet, like an obstinate child you refuses to see reason, you continue to stubbornly insist that "on face value only" he is "straight." You're reasoning skills are absolutely ludicrous.
- Exactly, R148. Which means that his "straight" hormones should have given him a raging hard-on at the slightest touch by a hot naked female. But obviously that didn't happen. Gee...
- @146, his co star in that film was quite a bit older than he was I believe, and played the mother in the film.
I don't think it is too surprising that a boy of 19 might not find a woman 10-15 or more years older not his cup of tea. They didn't ask if he thought the girl who played his love interest was attractive or not. Who knows what his answer would have been.
I think that is a cute interview of him and he is much more spontaneous than he is now. Someone got to him and has coached him to within an inch of his life and now he comes across so stiff and awkward. When he lets his guard down a bit, he seems to have a good sense of humor, but he is way to rehearsed. His press rounds for MOS might be very painful