- 603 on the last thread that is funny and seems weird that they ended up on a lift with them after they tweeted that Taylor better watch out.
- I'm not interested in hearing about Haylor unless it's relevant to the discussion of whether H&N are together.
However, I'd say it's currently a 90/10 split in favour or H&N on here so that should naturally keep Haylor chat to minimum (particularly If you ignore the Swift fanatic as I do)
- R2, yes. Weren't they 'lucky'...
- Happy NY 2013!
- I am a Larry Shipper, a Larry believer, if you will.
- L Girl... lols
- L Girl - How could you forget our polite Larry fan?! Having said that at least Larry fans have no desire to discuss Taylor Swift either.
- Very true, C.
- L Girl (well played sir, btw) I have started a Breakfast Show thread for that if others want to discuss Haylor whatnot here. If you want to use that to keep it to Radio One and plain old Harry/Grimmy and London scene stuff feel free.
- Link to all things non-Taylor Swift/Haylor related:
- Thanks R11! That's the thread for me :)
I've watched the video now, and I really hate to say it because it would obviously be uncomfortable for a new young couple with all those cameras, but really Harry does not look into it AT all. Taylor seems to be all over him and he just accepts it?
I agree with the poster in the last thread who said new relationships are the time you are most likely to PDA and be open!
I'm trying not to analyse too much though - the other boys are not very PDA happy either and I don't blame them, given how the fans react to the poor girlfriends!
- Re your last paragraph, N16 - this pic was analysed to death at the time:
- I'll stay here. More interested in Harry than Grimmy.
- The suggestion was the call this thread "who the hell is Harry Styles dating?" which would've made the distinction between the 2 threads clearer.
- "to call", not "the call"
(it's late, it's winter, and I'm tired)
- Sorry NW3, I missed that. Next thread, okay?
- Okay! I'll remind you :)
- Exactly NW3 and I do believe Louis and Eleanor are happy and together. So definitely trying not to let personal preferences sway me. Video is more revealing than photos though, Harry's body language was very restrained I have to say.
- Adding to my post at R16: 1D will be on tour from late February to October (with a week off here and there) and even before then they have commitments in America, Japan and France (unless things have changed over christmas) so we may end up with minimal H/N contact. But Taylor can easily fly out on her private jet to see Harry during gaps in her tour (she has quite a few) so I expect more H/T than H/N in 2013 - unless they split up.
N16 - I agree it was restrained, but he did pull her back in for those little kisses..
- He grabbed her ass at one point..
- Cheers R23!
- any chance that discussion involving Harry, Nick and Taylor, when necessary, can return here?
- I'm a bit confused by the fact that there are 3 different threads now - which discussions are supposed to go in which threads?
- R27: I havent been here in over 3 months, I cant even say how confused I am. So is this a no Haylor thread or not?
I am curious about that break up, I came here just to check what you'all are saying about it.
Is the Grimmy thing still supposedly happening? Evidence?
Is Larry Stylinson officially dead? Last I left it was on life support kept alive by a couple of die-hards.....oh and some GIFS
Now that I have been away for awhile, I kind of think Harry is straight but then that might just mean that I have been successfully brainwashed by Daily Mail and friends.
- Maybe we could use this thread for a bit?
- R29 - Works for me, after all we don't really seem to talk too much about many of Nick's other friends, so the header still applies.
- C, i'm unsure whether H&N are involved regardless of my views on Miss Unmentionable. I've always held 'those' views but only recently have I really questioned the reality of H&N and that is due to other things.
Re the trainer, I'm not informed enough to make a call on his orientation (even if someone does claim to have seen wedding pics) I just know he and N looked unusually affectionate in PRH IMO and he seems to be with N an awful lot these days.
And many (most on here) feel H is with N without actually knowing his oriantation so i don't think it unreasonable to add the trainer into the mix.
As i said the other day, I'm unclear on the whole subject.
- New, harder to google thread:
- About last night. I might have thought it was the foreign visitor but if he's definitely left the country again then unless we were deliberately mislead with no him or her mentioned then I think it could be the person most of us are thinking.
- Thanks, R32!
- Is there a new thread?
- no one made one so are we just going to use this one?
- I'm happy too, although ideally a new one with a slightly different thread name might be better.
- there is a nick gr1mshaw thread 8!
- You're welcome, C.
- Is there a part 11?
- Here you are, r42:
- What's happened to part 11?
- It's been closed it seems, R44, I don't think anyone knows why exactly.
- Honestly, I go away for 5 minutes and threads are being closed
R153 were we being naughty? ;)
- Hahahaha, J...it seems we were!
- And I was just about to ask peoples opinions about the Teen Awards. I loved seeing them talking on stage that day
- Anyone know anything about H talking Mother Theresa today. Mentioned on the interweb elsewhere and N had her in top 10 this am?
- It's from the Madame Tussauds video below. He was quite adorable and fidgety in it :).
- They were cute and beautiful that day, R48!
- What did we do?!
- did part 11 get closed? Its so weird
- I see Nick has gone back to tweeting again; 12 tweets, 3 retweets and a couple of instagrams!
R51 - Yes, the whole weekend was very entertaining, there were so many photographs and tweets from people seeing them it was almost as if they had their own chronicler with them from the Friday evening through to the Sunday evening!
The thread closing is puzzling.
- Thanks R50 - an odd coincidence given I assume the video was made ages ago?
- Nick in a Snapback is hot!!!
- Yeah, it was a great weekend, C and yup, Nick has been busy on Twitter today.
It would really be interesting to know why the thread was closed...
- Weird about the thread! Glad I found you guys again! How often do threads get closed round these parts?
That Madame Tussauds video is cute. Love how H thought they should make Mother Theresa and Gandhi figures while the other boys said celebs and stuff. Sophisticated boy!
- Yeah, it is a funny coincidence, JJ. I think the video has to be at least a month old.
- [quote]Love how H thought they should make Mother Theresa and Gandhi figures while the other boys said celebs and stuff. Sophisticated boy!
I beg to differ.
- R56, I love N in a snapback. Cuuute! And I like H in his new smurf beanie too.
N has definitely been busy today. I have tweet alerts on my phone and it was going off like crazy lol.
- Can only the person who started the thread close it? (besides a general moderator of course, but that would only be if there was anything illegal I would assume..)
- ONLY the editor can close a thread.
- So something "illegal" has to have been posted about for it to be closed? Crikey, I thought we'd passed that long ago and I didn't even see anything in the last few pages of that thread.
- The only threads I've seen getting closed were ones that had escalated into racist flame wars.
- I can't think of anything that could apply to either really, R64.
- R60 Christopher Hitchens - now that would have been an answer, though I suspect rather lost on Tussards clientele
- Some of the celebrity gossip threads have been closed when particularly juicy information has been spilled. But, I've been following all of the Grimmy threads and the newest part 11 didn't seem to have anything new that hasn't already been discussed.
- Hmm, weird about the previous thread. For those previously talking about jealous Nick, the audio linked below is a good one. The caller was Harry of course.
- RM - I remember that! Ian's laughter at the back was amusing. What I thought was funny at the time was that Nick was obviously joking, but Matt Fincham took him almost seriously.
R68 - Well now I am tempted to go and re-read it! I don't remember anything exciting either.
- So weird... I can't really find anything in that thread that's saucy. Just discussing tattoos, the Sheeran interview, tumblr girls, and some dom/sub traits. The previous thread certainly had more interesting goss in it (that tweet about N/H at the live shows). IDK.
- Maybe one of the staff just hates 1D-related stuff, lol. It's similar to when the last Louis thread was mysteriously deleted and we never knew precisely why. I guess it's just one of those things.
- Yeah e , just re-read it all myself - there's a few possibles but nothing extravagent. Hmm.
- dom/sub traits in relation to minors? (someone posted videos, were the boys underage?)
OR maybe the editor thought it was too harry/1D oriented and got annoyed? He's posted recently though and seemed fine...
- Nope, R74, nothing about minors.
- why did they close the thread? the sub/dom talk was going great haha
- Threads that question or undermine the authority of the editor are sure to be deleted.
Besides, why devote so much time talking about two men (Nick and Harry) who are so obviously straight. I know a hetero when I see one and I see two! Nick and Harry are real man's men and they have me as moist as a snack cake down there. Editor!
- I think I read something about Harry flying home this past weekend while the rest of the boys stayed in Ireland. Does anyone know anything about this? If Harry was home, did Harry & Grimmy meet up at any point?
- We only found out for sure that he was in London Sunday morning, when a fan posted a photo with him at Euston station. Someone said there was a tweet about him on the train to Crewe that morning and later on he headed back to Belfast. It seems likely he was in London on Saturday but there were no sightings of him, neither alone nor with Nick.
- There was a N sighting Saturday afternoon at/around a pizza place and I think a burger place (no H).
Still very interesting that H went back to London... Somebody mentioned that if he was going to see his Mum (which was the rumour) he could have probably just flown to Manchester instead of to London and training to Crewe. Gotta wonder what was so important in London to fly out for a day...
- e, especially because the band are rumoured to be flying back to London right after their concert on Wednesday. People were mentioning they are due to pre-record a comic relief performance Thursday morning as they have a concert up in Manchester on the Friday.
- Thank you for your responses... I too am quite intrigued by Harry's visit to London. As R80 mentioned, it makes you wonder what was so important in London... and was it business or pleasure or both???
- Glad I found this thread - strange part 11 closed. Check this "article" out from gather.com. It's basically rehashing stuff we've seen already, but it came up first under News when I googled Nick. Can't tell if writer is being serious or sarcastic.
- Poor Harry!
His enforced estrangement from Louis is causing him to continue to mutilate his body in increasingly hideous ways.
- Interesting story.
- R81 they don't have a concert in Manchester til Saturday, nothing on Friday. They will definitely be doing the Red Nose Day show live. I do imagine Harry will be back in London Wednesday night though.
- His motto is 'if it's got a pulse, it's got a chance'. If he is bisexual too, no one is safe.
- R85 Are they serious?
- That's not nice. Can she just make something like that up though? Surely there has to be some truth to it?
- Isn't her son William the guy that always gives inside info about Harry?
- I don't think she would make it up, not very nice to go to the papers with it though.
- holy shit! that's all i am capable of saying to that butterfly tattoo! jesus fuck! wow! O_O
- R90 - Yes.
R91 - comes across very weird when a few lines later she's saying he called her his second mum. And he was messaging her (I never had my friend's mum's numbers!) across the table from his mum?
- Same Will that gives "inside" info? I think so r90.
Maybe they are hard up for cash and were rubbed the wrong way by someone close to H or H himself.
- At the bottom of the article it says a spokesperson has denied it.. Why would a women that age take that to the papers about a teenager? To me it looks like she is trying to get her second 15 mins of fame...
- i wonder if cum is good for healing tattoos? anyone know? and i'm just glad that he didn't tattoo over his wonderful extra nipples lol
- Not sure about the others but Niall left Belfast Saturday too as he went to the the Rugby on Saturday (there's a pic of him getting a signed shirt)
So far on the tour most of the boys have been spotted heading home on every day off
As to the Dailt Mail, urgh. The story about him texting a friends Mum is not new on the Internet but the fact that it's Fielding wasn't known I don't think.
The whole article is bizarre beyond belief, but I suspect it's a marker in time. Sooner or later the British press was going to turn. They don't like it when they feel manipulated and at the moment ANY story about Harry is good currency.
The way they have phrased they comments about breaking the boys heart was probably not intended by Fielding but looks to me like an attempt to fuel speculation.
The other websites have a history of discussing the rumours so not a massive surprise to me.
- What a bullshit story. Her son Will is the same guy who did nothing but slag Harry off after he got in One Direction cause he and the other White Eskimo boys were pissed about Harry being in a new band. He only said shit about One Direction and Harry, making fun of him being in a pop band, saying how "gay" it was, making it clear they weren't friends when fans asked him questions. Harry has tweeted him a few times and even got an autograph for him sometime last year (from Travis Barker I think) and this is the guy who constantly runs to the press to complain one day about how he hasn't talked to Harry in a year and how he's so frustrated that Harry doesn't promo Will's band more when he has so many followers on Twitter, and then the next day tells the papers all about his 'insider knowledge' of Harry and Taylor's relationship. Did the same with Harry and Caroline. What an attention seeking family. This is a new level of ridiculous. Wonder if Anne will say anything since this woman was supposedly her friend and I can't imagine she's too pleased right now!
- JJ, I totally agree about the "broke her son's heart" comments, I definitely don't think that was accidental or innocent on the DM's part.
- Also JJ, there were jokey stories about harry being dared to flirt with his friend's mom or go in her bedroom or something like that (that got spun out of control by a paper once or twice) but as far as I know there was never any serious stories about him texting one of them before.
- Will made a completely new Twitter account 11 hours ago and presumably deleted the old one, wonder what was on there he might have regretted
- R101 I imagine he got a call from his Mum
"Will, seeing as you've been getting some pocket money from the Daily Fail, you know like when you called them and told them you liked H's choice of girlfriend/socks/pants/newphonecover that day. Anyway, I've decided I want a new carpet for the living room so I've had a chat with the nice journalist about H's little crush on me.....oh how we chuckled.. Anyway, think you might get the odd message from his fans just to give you a heads up"
- JJ That made me lol... I love ur posts!!!
- On another topic - I would say this is now the premier source on the Internet for speculation on this particular pairing (thanks to the CSI level investigation of other posters - love you all) which begs the question, is N lurking?
- Gemma just tweeted this.. I could guess what this is about..
- Good on Gemma!!
- He obviously has some mummy issues. It is all getting a bit creepy.
- Nick's interview with heat is out today! Hopefully someone can take a good picture of the article
- He went there. ( R107 ) (like we haven't all been thinking that)
PS aw thanks R103
- Scan on tumblr.
- LOVE the caption on the heat article - 'not snogging Harry' ha :) Well played article from Nick I think ...
- Now both Nick and Harry have said its not weird.. I hate that they even have to say that..
- R112 I love these two but when I was 17 (ages ago... like the war was on ... like the first one) I hung about with a real mixed age group and there were a couple of guys around 25 at various points. No one ever openly questioned it but lots of people thought it vaguely odd (my parents, team mates- sports club)
Amusingly, one of them turned out to be sleeping with one of the group (aged 18)
Think it's pretty normal to question a friendship like that.
- R85 I used to have a lot of respect for Yvette Fielding. I used to love Most Haunted when it first started but by the end of the show I could see it was all fake. They (Yvette and husband Karl Beattie used to be big on Living TV. Seemed to me they loved the limelight. Looks like Yvette's son Will Sweeney still does.
There is not a month goes by where that boy hasn't given an interview to the DM about Harry. To be fair I hadn't put two and two together until today when I read the latest article.
Seems to me that Yvette is looking for publicity and a quick way to get it is by giving a story to the press. Just someone else using a teenage boy's fame.
The bit about Anne's kitchen and how her son has now bought her a new gated property came across as Yvette being a little envious.
If this was Yvette Fielding, her son Will or their PR company trying to gain publicity for whatever reason, to me it's failed miserably.
- JJ Well Im 18 and a lot of my friends are older than me and they have been since I was 15.. I remember going to a beach party and most of the people were in their 20's so thats why I dont find it weird.. also I have a brother who is 13 years older than me and I hangout with him a lot.. so im use to hangout with older people
- I agree, JJ, I think it's natural people are going to wonder a bit, but it's just unfortunate that 'weird' has a negative connotation that suggests something inappropriate about the relationship, especially since I'd say a lot of people at this point are aware of the subtext and have their own curiosities about it.
Also got a bit of a laugh on the show just now at the caller who couldn't get tickets to 1D and them joking if Finchy could look into it too (he originally was going to look into tickets for another smaller act) and Nick saying "Finchy's very good friends with one of direction...the rumors are true"
- R116 YA that bit was very funny.. It could be taken in many different ways... it made me lol
- R114 Great post. Gemma's definitely acting like it's pretty bullshit too, I think "jealous" and "hypocritical" really say it all, and I think that's most likely the case.
- Looks like 1D do have a show in Manchester on Friday.
Really liked that interview in Heat Magazine with Nick. More of Nick and less of Harry which was nice.
Looking forward to the show on Thursday.
- R119 That's odd about the 15th. Wikipedia doesn't include it but their website does and you can find tickets still selling so obviously it's happening, but I assumed they would be performing for Red Nose Day since they did the official single.
Either way they're free on the 14th. Whether H goes back to London or not I'll be surprised if there isn't at least a phone-in, I'm sure radio 1 would want to get something like that.
- Then again nick might be getting annoyed with "you only got attention cause harry styles tweeted it" attitudes so who knows. I don't think it's necessary by any means, the show is going to be huge as it is.
- she gave the interview to Woman magazine not the daily mail. its not pr,harrys rep denied it and i doubt a middle aged woman would make that sort of thing. sounds like the harry who made the pussy comment. he obviously is the cougar loving lothario hes made out to be and if ed sheeran is making out he is in a relationship, hes probably still with his original cougar. don't know why everyone is so desperate to hang on to their harry and grimmy theories. it looked like it could be true at one point but it doesn't now.
- No one is saying that it's PR? I think it's a lot more ridiculous to act like there's no reason a random woman who used to know Harry when he was a teen (and has a very very bitter son!) might just make shit up or exaggerate a story to the papers for the sake of attention and some cash!
- Good for Gemma for commenting...what a ridiculous story. I can believe it as being a dare or something like the bed story and I agree the "broke his heart" part was not accidental.
- Woman magazine is a magaine, R122 - that's PR. Why else would she be doing an interview? That's true or false aside. She obviously wants some attention or money; otherwise there would be no point in doing this interview, because she's hardly doing the world, Harry, his band, his family or even her son a favour with the information.
My problem is her saying they were 'disgusting', because exactly what is she implying? That he was being that explicit? Worse she leaves it to the world's imagination, which is probably more active that Harry's sixteen year old brain.
I can't imagine many boys who would text sexually explicit messages (to their best friend's mum, who they see maternally?!) When her husband, his actual mum and his step dad are at the table. It's weird and gross and if he did, then yeah, he has issues.
Harry's camp rarely deny anything; does this make it more likely to be real or false? Or is it just because it's potentially damaging and hasn't come from them?
- R122 I agree.
I think he really is the womaniser he is made out to be. I don't think he is in a relationship though, just out to get whatever he can, such as girls in the audience at concerts.
He is friends with Nick, isn't that enough.
- I also love what Nick said about Harry in the interview! They're adorable.
- 122, if Harry is in relationship (and his 2 birds tattoo point to that), he is with Grimmy, not Caroline. I am 100% sure he is gay, not even bi, GAY.
- yeah except she isn't a random woman. she is a well known tv presenter who has worked for the bbc for years and has a rep to protect. yeah, she probably blabbed because harry upset her son but doubt she made it up. shes prob still part of the cheshire set harrys mum was and if she made up something about harry that was so not how he really is, she would lose face amoung her friends and maybe harm her career. notice how gemma didn't say she was lying in her tweet.
- R123 She's not random; she's a TV personality, albeit not on the main channels or that well known anymore. She definitely has a reason to want a story in a magazine like Woman.
- One last - I'm not saying she's lying, I'm saying she has something to gain from exagerrating the story and implying it's something it may not have been. I.E more than a joke or more explicit. Because then the story goes further (the DM for example, already) and so does her name.
- R125 His rep also denied Taylor Swift's comments recently too - it might just be that he has new representation that are finally speaking back about the stuff said about him (in both cases they were identified as "Harry Styles' rep" rather than a rep for the band so maybe that's what changed? Since we know that Simon is clearly of the mind that any publicity is good publicity. For me though I honestly think his sister commenting on it is pretty telling. There's shit in the papers all the time and Gemma and Anne rarely address it (Gemma especially doesn't). Probably also because of the personal connection in this case but still, I think it's pretty clear this was some attention-seeking.
- Everyone here is so desperate to believe they are together they dismiss any evidence to the contrary.
I don't think Yvette Fielding would make something like that up, she would look an idiot or should I say even more of an idiot.
- i didn't mean it wasn't pr for her, of course it was. i meant it wasn't pr out out by harrys people to maintain his straight image.
and why are you so sure r128? cos a few random anonamous people on here are saying he is gay and a rumour is going round the industry? i'm starting to think he is def straight and eds interview makes it clear he is in a relationship. if he aint with caroline then its a randon girl but as he is never seen any girls that are not in caroline and sams circle, i doubt it.
- The only reason people bring up Caroline is because she's only girl he ever confirmed dating - when they broke up - and they've been in the same place ice or twice since then. It's one thing to think he's straight or in a different relationship but this automatic defaulting to Caroline if its not Nick is mind-boggling to me.
- What is 'Ed's interview' I have not seen anything about this.
Russell Brand said Harry is taken too, I think he is with Caroline and that is how he got to know Nick, through her.
- Yeah, as I said, the story may really have been a dare or a joke and she's twisted it. That way it's not a complete lie but certainly taken out of context.
- yeah totally agree r133. this thread used to be good but it has turned into a bit of a joke. everything that points towards harry being straight and not with grimmy is explained away. no one wants to admit they were wrong.
- I agree, R135. It's really boring and doesn't make sense.
- R131 and R133 I think you have the best (most rational) handle on it. There may well have been some fooling around or jokes but the way the article was written (and the way she phrased some of it) made it sound a lot more serious and 'scandalous' than it actually was.
Oh come on, the Russell Brand line was a complete joke, he barely knows who Harry is.
I agree that it's ridiculous to just 'explain away' anything that doesn't line up with H/N but I also think there's reason to be a lot more skeptical of what's being spread in tabloids for the purpose of selling vs what people are saying to ther friends and confidantes on Twitter. And I think it's ridiculous to immediately jump to 'oh guess Harry must be 100% straight and in no way ever involved with N' every time anything comes up that links him with a woman (especially something that supposedly happened three years ago!) Yes, for sure, we can talk about ideas that H and N aren't together - I think a lot of people here don't think they actually are! - but when whatever new "womanizer Harry" story suddenly becomes the only piece of information worth considering obviously people are going to be frustrated.
- doesn't make sense r135, really?? harry and caroline went out and got serious. she got loads of shit for it so they faked a split and now see each other on the quiet. you're not gonna see them out all the time if they are keeping it on the downlow. neither have been properly linked with anyone else and neither are seen out abd about much. odd for single people don't you think. not really that mind boggling is it.
ed sheeran said in an interview r136 that all the boys but one are tied up. and about russel brand, he is fiends with caroline, the were rumoured to have dated, he would know.
- Right - here's my possibilities
Did she even say the texts were a come on or about trying to get it on. I only read DM briefly bt I only saw "disgusting" - maybe they weren't even sexual content. Interesting how complimentary she is in her language "sweet" "Romeo" "cheeky chappie" - disgusting is entirely incongruous with that unless it was taken it of context.
Likely, Fielding was doing an interview about something else, some journo had done their homework (for once) and said "wasn't your son in a band with H" she innocently said yes and told some stories about them being silly and H being a charmer and then them not hanging out together" Dailies then found the best quotes and hammered the story out.
Alternatively, she couldn't get any press for some project and. Allied them up and said I'll tell you about H's childhood if you cover my story.
All this would be improved immensely if anyone can point me in the direction of the original interview text in woman.
Think PR outright denial has been happening more lately. Likely a new team or approach....Will always find it interesting that Metros "lover" was never either tackled nor that any journalist didn't ask for a comment.
- IF H is in a relationship (besides with N), it's a really damn well covered up one. And if he were in a relationship (with a random woman or hell even CF) why would they need to cover it up? Yes, the fans would go crazy for a while, but it would settle down. Unless H is in a relationship more controversial than with N, then I can't figure out why it's so secret.
There are no rumours about another relationship (from industry insiders or gossip), no slip ups in interviews, no sitings. I really struggle with who else that could be.
- Seems White Eskimo are now managed by Yvette Fielding and Karl Beattie. (Will Sweeney's Mother and step father.)
I had noticed Harry's PR have been denying rumours a lot more and the thought had crossed my mind that he may have his own representation. I wouldn't blame him if he did.
- Yeah, that makes sense, JJ and I agree it's interesting the Metro article was completely ignored. It's still there...I keep checking, haha!
- The story is too bizarre and too late in the day to be considered completely true in my eyes.
Having said that, she may well not have phrased her comments in the way that DM is portraying them (I haven't read the original text in Woman). It would have been easy as part of a conversation about her son being saddened by the lose of his friendship with Harry to say that he used to send her flirty texts. By the sound of it Harry is prone to appearing overfriendly, he seems very intense when he's being serious. When asked to elaborate she just said she couldn't comment, because why would she actually read them out to a journalist, especially is they were nothing more than just friendly, and then jokingly said they were "disgusting" to cover herself. Of course she may just be having a strange breakdown, who knows.
Still don't understand why anyone would think he was with Caroline, even if you don't think he is gay, or dating Nick, it's a bit of a jump to think he is still with someone who he "split" up with over a year with and has barely been seen with since. Seems as if it's clutching at straws rather.
- e - because caroline got so much hate and was really upset by it.
also, harry is supposed to remain single in the eyes of the fans. doesn't matter how much people gossip about him and grimmy, the fans still see him as single. not off the market like he would be if he was with caroline. they still have a chance.
i am actually starting to think the rumours about grimmy and harry were spread to distract the press not meant for the general public. perfect way to stop them digging into harry and caroline. funnt that they all seem to come from pr people.
- A lot of people in the UK entertaintment industry know Harry is gay (most recent Boy George who twitted about a gay one in 1D; I'm sure he was speaking of Harry and not Liam or Niall). Concerning Nick, is it incredible how you cannot see they are a couple. Even the papers are having a good time with innuendos and rummours. And don't forget they were seen all over each other when partying. There is not smoke without fire. I didn't hear anything about Harry and Caroline being a couple in the last 12 months.
- I'm one of the people who don't think Harry and Grimmy are together (I don't think Harry's in a secret relationship with anyone, I think things are largely what they seem on that front), but I still love their friendship and enjoy discussing it.
- R147 - None of the Nick and Harry stuff is coming from PR; it's the last thing they would want.
If Harry is supposed to remain single how do you explain Taylor?
- Ed's comment is very interesting, Because from what we know Zayn, Louis and Liam are in relationship. Niall and Harry are single. But he clearly said just one is single, in my opinion Niall. I think Ed knows Harry is with Grimmy, so tehnically he is not single.
- R147 is either a troll or a wayward fan from younger climes of the net. Possibly drools over Haroline "manips".
I agree, JJ and c, she could well have been taken out of context, though she must have said the texts were rude for them to have quoted that? The implication must have been there, even if not as nastily as the DM is implying. The whole "he broke my son's heart leaving him in the dust" thing is a bit much, though - and I don't see how much out of context that part could really be?
I'll need to read the whole article. I still think, however, that she may be needing to get her (and her son's, if she's managing the band!) name around. She hasn't been heard from recently and she may need exposure; she's been around for a long time, I doubt she wants to just leave that behind when it starts to wane.
- C - if they are in a secret relationship, they are not going to be seen. harry spends all his time in east london where she lives and not west london where grimmy lives.
i don't understand why people find it so hard to believe two people who went out faked a split to get some privacy?
there has been so much in the press about harry and other girls and a rumour spread about harry and grimmy. thats enough for the press and industry to take their eyes off of caroline and harry.
- It is absolutely pointless trying to reason with anyone on here, they believe Harry and Nick are together.
Everyone else is pr, delusional, lying etc, it's Larry all over again.
Try not to get too obsessed with it, I just hope you are not all too disappointed when the truth comes out.
- I rather think that this thread is a little like N on the radio, cracking in the pm but a little inconsistent early in the day :)
The whole thread is centred around speculation about N and G so there will naturally be biased towards him being gay.
We do mostly all acknowledge there are other options, but little has supported this and it's alway a bit .. Well...off
For example, he randomly picks a girl from audience, nothing happens. They are still texting, yet he chooses to return to London. If I was hoping to tap that I'd be sending a car and locking the hotel room doors.
The reason people don't want to let this theory go is that there is so much content to discuss. They are both popular, famous, heavily discussed in the media, best friends, there's an age gap, the media use couply wording, other celebs speculate or draw attention to it) so even if it isn't true the speculation is invited.
For what it's worth if he is straight, for my money it sure ain't Caroline.
- ffs - i'm not a troll. just think its becoming obvious harry is straight, in a relationship and caroline is the obvious person.
Am i on the right track r154 or do you not really know what the truth is??
- Exactly, JJ! To your entire post.
- R156 No, you're not a troll, you're a stubborn mule. Argue sensibly and listen to why people are saying why even if Harry is straight (which, yes, still a possibility!) it's unlikely to be Caroline - if you can't do that, exactly why are you here shouting the same thing at us each time you post? You obviously don't want a discussion, you just want people to mindlessly agree and say "oh yeah you're right, mate, he must be straight and the only woman it could be is the one he's not been spotted with alone in over a year, never confirmed a relationship with when he was supposedly with her and for which there are no rumours, even with those first two gaping holes in the theory - yeah, it's probably HER".
- Great post JJ :)
R156 That still doesn't explain the PR debaucle of Taylor Swift. I know no one wants to talk about that but for me it's the biggest thing that clearly shows H and C are not still together. They may very well have stayed together longer than they said but staging another relationship is a bit ridiculous and an entire year has passed, people need to get over it. If H and C were ever even really together! Yes he made the tweet to stop people harassing her but overall there was never anything that suggested they were in a committed relationship to me. We make fun of the papers suggesting this or that girl is Harry's "girlfriend" after getting seen together once, and it always seemed to me that it was the same with Caroline.
- R153, I can more easily buy the 100+ tweets from people who claim to have seen/have knowledge of something going on between H/N being wrong/misinformed than a cover up. I don't think that there would be a rumour started to cover up another relationship (with L/CF/other random). I don't think that NG would put his rep on the line by faking something with H to cover for CF.
Don't get me wrong, I am probably in the minority here by liking CF, and if she and H were together that would be nice too. But I think that's very very unlikely.
- Is @MHOFFICIAL2013 the real twitter for Monster House? Because it looks like it and it's tweeted that Yvette is saying the stuff about her and Harry is rubbish.
- harry has referred to his last relationship being well documented by the press - this was a few months after caroline so he was obviously referring to her. she has said she dated him an interview. those are confirmations that they were in a relationship as far as i am concerned.
about the gossip, the press might not know, they might know but like caroline and harry enough to keep it quiet so long as they have harry womanizing stories to print or maybe they were just distracted by all the grimmy rumours like i said before.
about haylor. most have agreed that was more about pr for harry, 1D and taylor not about bearding. it didn't last that long. why wouldn't caroline support this if it helped her bf? she might not have like it but it would have also taken the spotlight of her. there was gossiping after the awkward caravan interview. one of the papers wrote that rumours were rife that they were still hooking up at this time.
the day after they 'split' harry flew to LA. when got of the plane he looked like he had been crying and tried to then hide his face from the paps. maybe they split whilst he was on tour and got back together when he got back? I just don't think a lack of sitings or gossip means they are not together. If you are suppose to be hiding it, thats what you would expect.
- E, I have said before I have nothing against her at all. Like you though, I just don't believe they're together or likely ever were.
I do believe the tweets because there are so many from so many different and unrelated people who don't seem to have a reason to lie. Not every single one is credible but the volume, as others have said, makes the rumour more likely.
- That would be great, R161. Good for her if true.
- You mean Most Haunted, R161? So what, the papers have just totally made this up ... ?
- Good find, R161! It looks like it's probably the legit twitter for MH. Good on her if so.
I'm sort of thinking the press embellished her words. Probably was a legit interview for MH, got talking about her son, maybe H came up and the press made up some shit.
- R165 Yes! Wow, what a ridiculous complete error there, I was trying to remember the name to search for it after I first saw and then just got mixed up - yes, the twitter for Most Haunted. Here is the link. I think it more likely that (like we speculated) it was severely twisted out of context. And/or she's covering her ass a bit because of how bad it makes her look to be saying that.
That being said, I think the fact Gemma automatically went on the offensive says a lot about just how "not close" they are with that family anymore, or how easily she would believe that Yvette would say "rubbish" like that to the papers.
- If you accept that large scale daily media is used to misdirect, promote, hide etc then you probably have to accept anything is possible including an ongoing Flack Attack but
R162 some of what you say is plausible definitely, some is a little irrelevant (eg Harry was crying-could be the break up, the cover-up or just the aircon on the plane)
But the idea that maybe the press just like Harry and Caroline too much, are you clinical? The British paparazzi are vile, aggressive amoral, vipers that stop at nothing. They go through people's trash (till it was outlawed), they tap people's phones (until they got caught), they pay people to fly to the middle east to trick footie bosses and royals to accept bribes...... If something is going on 1) they will know 2) they won't be keeping shtum because they "like" them.
- Nice response from Lucie Tobin to a very homophobic 1D fan tweeting Boy George.
- yeah JJ the press could well have a deal with Modest. so long as they have something to print about harry they'll keep quiet about haroline. and lets face it, they have had loads to print.
everyone just automatically think all the press is to hide harry being gay when there could be other things to hide.
- And he doesn't care about the gay rumours, that is just something else that takes the attention away from him and Caroline.
They might not be seen together but have all the same friends. It is pretty obvious if you think about it.
- But Caroline said in an interview that 95% of what was said about Harry and her relationship are lies, so how could she be in a secret love affair with Harry all this time?
- year r171 - thats why i think he doesn't care about the gay rumours as he and his friends know its so far from the truth its funny! he is probably amused by it all.
when he did the lads fm thing he answered a question about what he looks for in a girl by saying 'someone' he and nick couldn't contain there giggles. it was like they were taking the piss out of the rumours. a bit like the coming out coming from nicks last night. also a piss take.
it is really obvious. i think other people on here just don't want to see it.
- So you're saying Modest pay to keep Harry relationship out of the papers so that he can stay attainable and available to fans? Fine, makes sense.
But they don't care about circulating rumours that Harry could be gay/bi and in a relationship with a man 9 years his senior, whilst he is still in his teens? Because that sounds even less available and attainable, to me, and something they'd be more interested in showing to be false. Not actively allowing to circulate and build momentum to stop people knowing about H and C.
He and his friends might find it amusing, but I doubt his management and record label do - and I think if they had the means to show Harry was in a relationship with a woman they'd grab it and run straight to the Daily Mail's doorstep.
- r172 - cos most of those articles were stupid made up like the haylor ones. you know - what she saidm what he said, what he bought her for xmas, how great their sex was. all of that probably was made up. it was the press version of their relationship because they didn't have any actual details. doesn't mean there wasn't a real relationship. if anything it kinda proves there was as what she says must mean that they were not feeding stuff to the press like you would expect if it was just pr.
- If Harry is straight, where are his girlfriends? Or you believe the rubbish stories with Rita, Cara, Lucy Horobin etc (and don't forget the beautiful girl in Belfast whom he didn't invite in his hotel room) the papers are making? But I think people will believe anything if is het. Just not a gay relationship with a man 10 years his senior.
- r173 - doubt management care so long as the majority of the teen fanbase don't believe it and its not effecting harrys popuarlity.
and its not is it? the only time that happened was when harry was going out with taylor.
the more i think about it the more obvious it is. if harry and caroline were both out everynight or seen with other guys and girls i wouldn't be so convinced but they are not.
everyone seems so happy to beleive that when harry is mia he must be seeing nick - even when there is nithing to support this but they don't believe its possible for harry to be doing this with caroline?? even though he practiclly lives at carolines best mates sisters?? wise up.
- R175 Not at all the same thing. With Taylor stories about being so in love, will they get married, is she the one, etc (and same with the Caroline stories at the time they were linked) that was all coming from "sources", that's how you get stories like that. Caroline's quote about it being 95% made up is from an interview she did at a photoshoot for a fashion mag that she tweeted about doing, it was clearly from her own mouth.
But honestly, you seem to have come up with this idea about Harry and Caroline and are simply trying to stretch everything else around to go with it, paying no attention to how journalism and public relations even work! You're repeating the same illogical arguments and ignoring what anyone else is trying to point out and whether you're trolling or not it's getting really tiring, so believe what you want but you're not about to convince me anytime soon that Harry has been secretly dating Caroline for over a year since they broke up, seeing each other infrequently and only in the privacy of their own homes, paying no attention to actually looking at when they've even been in the country at the same time or not been busy at the same time enough to link the same location more than a few times. I follow Caroline on twitter and she's been all over the place, frequently tweets about her nights out with friends, documents her life via twitter/Instagram in the same way as Nick and co. Obviously we can't account for all of their time and it's silly to pretend that we can but the fact remains that, saying this who has paid a lot of attention to both Harry and Caroline since their split, there is nothing at all to suggest they've spent time together more than a few times, and you're simply scrambling to come up with a "management" perspective that suits your conspiracy.
- r176 - she is called caroline flack and prob hidden away in his east london flat lol
- Another tweet reply to the boy george hate that references Harry, this time saying he would have no time for that. Regardless of everything else, I think it's pretty great that people would think of Harry as an example against this kind of homophobia from the 1D fanbase.
- WHY does Harry have to be in a secret relationship with anyone? This is ridiculous! He's young, good looking, likes the ladies (and maybe men too, who knows) and is probably enjoying himself just fine. I don't think he's a womaniser, but I don't think he fell in some deep and eternal love at age 17 either and has been hiding it ever since. Come on now!
- Idiocy aside ...
So this comes out just after the reveal of Harry's butterfly tattoo, which half the papers label an LGBT symbol?
- yeh well r179, i follow them both too and disagree. they are often both in london and quiet on twitter at the same time. and the week harry spent all his time with nick - guess what - caroline was away filming and went away the day harry was first seen with nick.
anyway - i don't care whether you believe it or not. the arguments trying to push harry and grimmy are illogical. people are just trying to make their behaviour fit the rumours and it doesn't.
caroline and harry are together, you'll see.
- c, N16, e, GW, LG, R150 and R153 from yesterday other dearly respected posters, forgive me for the following ....
The rest of you lunchtime drop ins ....
Absolutely NOTHING is obvious in this scenario. Noone can even get a handle on all the theories let alone the truth. The press are ridiculously unlikely to be in a deal with management (WHO ARE NOT MODEST for major PR, that's hackford Jones ) but there are other ways to manage content.
Twitter>>>Harry hasn't been seen with my sisters mate since he met her at the meet and greet in 2011 and I saw a car like one his sisters mate drove in 2010 parked outside the house next door to Caroline's flat so they must be together.
Tumblr> my sisters mates dads dog saw nick and h swapping hand jobs at the Brits cocktail reception
These are not going to gain much credibility here. If you want to be taken seriously, read the papers and try to imagine why anything might be printed.
If Flack is still on the scene, I will go to Grouchos get on my knees in nothing but a mankini and bow down at her remarkable media savvy and H's incredible sacrifice for their relationship.
Have any of you ever even been to London (and I dont mean blue water or Brent Cross) . I party in East and live in South and work in West. It's not the f****in US, you jump in a cab,10 mins later you are in a different bit.
Please can you all promise me you will attend all your history classes that you are currently skipping to post on this thread as you need to be taught, source validity, primary information analysis and relative narrator objectivity.
Happy to discuss flack/straight theories with anyone not mad... Can't believe I am saying this but next to all this "come back LG all is forgiven" ;)
And yesterday's R153 - I know I've let you down, I know I said I'd try and be the grown up but .............. Well I just couldn't and to you I am sorry
- To clarify - I don't think the "disgusting messages" is from him, I'm just saying it's a little fortuitous in some ways! Perhaps it was meant to be more of a "he was ever so flirty with me, an older woman".
Mm, unlikely though, I suppose, since it's come out so badly. Maybe ignore that thought.
- R183 Okay well you're totally entitled to think that! Who knows. At the end of the day, we're all just speculating about the lives of celebrities we don't really know. Maybe Harry really will announce at some point that he's "back together" with Caroline. Maybe he'll come out and say he's been with Nick all along. Maybe he'll start dating someone else entirely. Maybe he'll write a memoir when he's older and we'll find out everything, maybe we'll never know. This here is all in good fun anyway.
- Thank you, JJ! Can always count on you to be rational about all this, impressive with this mess going on!
- R153 from yesterday here...maybe I should sign my posts like that, JJ, haha!
Go for it! I take it all back from yesterday...well not really, but sometimes one has to make exceptions!!!! Hahahaha, I can't believe I have now earned the moderator type reputation.
- Harry's family friends are going off about Yvette now too. Vicky Sherlock is Anne's best friend, climbed Kiliminjaro with her, and she tweeted reply to sugarscape (who did an article) calling Yvette a "sad bitter has been". Also replied to her daugter's tweet "people are disgusting" and said "that family is anyway".
- JJ I think you better be getting that mankini out. What and see when the tour is over.
- Thanks, R189.
- Change of topic a bit but I've seen a few times now something about the boys taking a break for a few months after the tour, is there any reliable source for this or just more twitter rumors? I would really hope they do to be honest, they could use it, and it would probably be nice to let the press die down for a little while.
- GW here - posted too much today (trolldar me if you like) and other than a ridiculous "MAYBE IT'S ON PURPOSE" madness moment above, hopefully I haven't been too bad this lunchtime ... But then maybe my Tuesday cheese sandwich went to my head.
- Funnily enough tomorrow's Call or Delete is with Caroline! Seems like they did it this morning, Sam Teasdale tweeted at both of them "did you actually expect me to pick up my phone this morning" haha!
- R190 - so I'm right then?!?
Do you actually know harry and caroline are together or are you just speculating like me?
- My thoughts: argue rationally and we'll discuss it. Use logic like yours and JJ will pick it apart like that annoying high school teacher you always hated because you were too lazy/stupid to make proper arguments.
JJ, I mean this is the most complimentary way possible; before I make a post it always feels like I have both your and old teacher's voice in the back of my head ribbing me for logic fails. I may not always agree with you, but no one can fault you for knowing what's up in the London scene, media, and source analysis.
- R190 let's make a deal. If they both admit they have been together all along, all the regulars on here come with me to witness it. Then we'll head to the pub, invite sugarscape down for a chat and become a 5 minute Internet sensation.
I am up for this (and I'm a too curvy 36 year old lesbian with a proper job do t would be more than a little awkward)
On a serious note- I am always open to reason - do you have any sources, and sightings anything we've missed that you think worth sharing - keen to know if the threadsters have been a bit narrow minded?
- I do believe Harry probably sent those texts (can't see her making this up out of thin air, and it seems in character for Harry's 16-year-old self), but I don't think they were meant as anything but a joke. I don't think Yvette Fielding is implying they were meant seriously either, if you read it in context (she talks about him being "romantic" afterwards - I don't think she'd use this word to describe him if she believed "disgusting" text messages were his favoured means of seduction). It's just the Daily Mail who have predictably blown it up into a "tried to seduce her" headline.
- GW - I like your cheese sandwich thinking if I'm honest. I've always said too many people are involved in this PR situation and think it makes for many f*** ups. This, combined with a client with a tendency to go rogue (H is regularly giving the team the slip or making deals about going places without security) makes for a special kind of mess.
R196 - weirdly, some of this is a massive compliment to me if im honest, but I really hope I don't make regulars feel like that (I have a special kind of love for this thread and it's regulars - we've been through so much together - the live posting birthday - the "lover" spot)
BUT I do try and rid us of those with only a passing interest or new to the topic. A comment from me: if you sign off (with literally anything) and regulars can get a feel for your approach then I for one, would be far more respectful. I don't always agree with people like LG but I do consider every post because I know that she has been a part of previous discussions.
Finally, I do loves a debate and that's why I loves a thread like this x
- The cover of Woman says something along the lines of 'how Harry wooed Yvette Fielding' - so whatever the interview was like, the line they've gone with is to pull people in by making out it was serious. Whether she wanted them to or not, since she's denying she said these things.
She can't deny she's getting more attention than she must have had in a year from this, though. They've got some petition to comment on The Mirror and take the story down, or say it's false. The comments have been closed off, at least.
I thought her denying it meant the Daily Mail was being its usual vile self - but considering ALL the papers have pulled the same quotes and used this story and as Woman mag doesn't look exactly like a sweet 'Harry was a cheeky chappie' cover, I'd still wonder. PR works in mysterious and convoluted ways.
Family and friends clearly think they're all out to make a quick one - and V Sherlock's tweet implies there's no love between any of them and Will these days. Don't forget he's been pimping his old friendship out for months.
- R192 There was a rumour from the 1D update accounts going around about the boys taking 9-12 months off after the tour finishes in November.
Utter tosh of course, especially since they claimed they had "inside sources from Modest".
As if anyone with that information would tell a 14 y.o 1D fan...But I do think the boys have mentioned something about a break (which would fit because Niall has to have knee surgery and said himself the recovery was 2-3 months).
Since they're working on recording new songs in between concerts right now people were assuming they must be releasing another album at the end of the year but who knows.
And can I just say, whatever Harry did or didn't do at 15/16 only tells us about his sexuality AT THAT AGE. Not about his sexuality at 19...
- Well to clear up the 'disgustig texts' story Heatworld are saying YF has exclusivley told them 'Its all a load of rubbish - its ridiculous and I'm really upset about it. Of course its not true,.
A source has also told them 'she's been completely misquoted. Harry never did that, he never said it. She's upset - these are family friends'.
- ... And that was GW again. I don't like signing off, though, it means everyone knows it's me if I say something I might later think is stupid!
- JJ, I've been posting since September, but just for you I will sign my posts...153 (without the R to avoid confusion) it is then :). I will probably forget often though.
Thanks, R202. I'm glad she has denied it.
- JJ, I've been a regular for a while and it's 100% in a good way. I like having someone who isn't going to take the crap some people sprout (you and GW are particularly good-and R153 from yesterday). We're all fairly polite but people can get carried away and silly arguments/assumptions shouldn't be left unchallenged.
- You all post so quickly! It was GW at R200!
Agreed JJ, I wouldn't be at all surprised if PR wires are getting crossed - they have Hackford Jones, of course, but don't they also have PR at the label?
Yvette getting an exclusive with Heat, eh? Well she is getting some exposure.
- R202 /3 / GW
Apologies didn't mean to make you feel you had to- i seem to always like your posts whether I know they are yours or not- just meant if you sign off I'll always make sure I read and consider properly. X
- JJ - funnily enough, I was just talking about my own willful forgetfulness, funny that you posted about signing off at the same time!
I will make a concious effort to. And as some may know, previously known as Links, but I'll drop that for GW I think. It's been a while.
- JJ - No need for forgiveness! I rather feel you are being kind by acknowledging them. Don't know if that comes off schoolmarm'y or not, don't especially care...
As Yvette Fielding has denied the article (I imagine she made some passing comment about Harry's flirty nature and it was greatly exaggerated) we are in the same position with regards to the press as we were yesterday, so I am unsure why we now have to deal with a bad tempered influx of comments about Harry being in a secret relationship with Caroline. Speaking personally I am not likely to be persuaded by an argument which is effectively "because I say so" against things I have been told directly by people who have witnessed them together.
So returning to Nick, I really liked the Heat interview, it treated Nick as adult, and the questioning of his friendship with Harry was from the point of view of why he should be interested in Harry rather than the other way round; something which seems to have been much more prevalent in the press of late. The ES comment and even DM articles are now taking the line that Harry is following Nick around which is probably much nearer to the truth and refreshing to see. It was charming to see how obviously proud Nick is of him too.
As someone mentioned the photo captions were amusing; I am beginning to wonder if there is no PR arrangement in place on these as there have been several cheeky ones of late. Plainly this is something to watch for!
- C, I really enjoyed the interview with Nick too. Good point about it showing a different perspective, one that makes sense and yeah, the captions were amusing :).
- well i'm sorry see but R190 has pretty much confirmed caroline and harry are together and goven a specific time as to when it will come out. no disrepect by why whoudl we believe you above them? everytime it looks like the grimmy rumours are just rumours, you let slip a bit more to convince everyone. you've never mentioned before that your sources have seen them together. sorry but your starting to look a bit sus to me.
after the r190 reply, it looks like the mystery is solved.
harry and caroline are in a relationship and will come out once the tour is over. makes sense as they have both just moved. probably into harrys new house.
- Now you're just being ridiculous, r211.
- oof didn't mean "schoolmarmy" JJ! The teacher I am referring to was a really young sarcastic guy that me and all my friends loved...not the average teacher for sure.
c, agree about Nick's comments. I thought they were perfectly done-especially his questioning of how people can think it's weird that a popstar and a DJ are friends.
- r213 - i'm specualting about the house thing but r190 has as good as confirmed that caroline and harry are together. still i suppose you will ignore that as it doesn't fit with your theories.
- R211 you do make me laugh...
- I thought this bit about people meeting Harry was really sweet too:
"It's not like he's some weirdo who can't talk. He's really funny. When anyone meets him, it's like, "Oh yeah, he's really nice and interesting." And they immediately understand."
- I've posted alot on here since I found the thread a few months ago but thought the signing off was a members thing. Anyway from now on I will be Agent 'K'. My thoughts very briefly on what I have seen to date :1. I believe the Lucy Horobin thing happened 2. I think the Caroline Flack thing probably happened 3. I think H was trying to work out his sexuality at that time but I am pretty convinced he is now in a relationship with N. 4. I am sure Taylor was PR to cover for said relationship.
Bottom line - despite a relationship that receives very negative press neither H nor N has made any attempt to address it in either a serious or jokey way.
- They just seem so fond, appreciative and admiring of each other, R216. Regardless of anything else, I love that.
- What if I tell you Harry and Elton John are together. Just wait till 2015. Mark my words.
There, I just said Elton John and Harry are definitely together. And I gave you a date. Now you HAVE to believe me. That's how it works, apparently.
- Hey guys,
Just checking in after a few weeks. Seems like its been mad here. Just to remind you best mate works PR for 1Ds support act an has confirmed it was Larry but they split in 2011 over H's insistence he was bi, then he shagged C.
- Oh imagine, R219 ...
(R211's having us all on, right?!)
- Actually, Nick is really straight and is covering up his long term love affair with Caroline by pretending to be gay and Harry is really dating Simon Cowell.
- This thread is just getting weirder and weirder.
I still want to know what Harry was doing in London over the weekend!
And Links is now GW? Trying to sort all this out... where is LGirl? Does she have a new sign-off too?
- fine then. you all ignore r190 but r154 implied the same and other posters have come on here and said the same.
harry and grimmy are not together but happy to let the rumours spread as harry is hiding another relationship. now confirmed as caroline falck by r190.
still if you want to all bury your heads in the sand its up to you.
GW - it's r190 thats saying they are defintely together. why don't you ask them if they are 'having you on'
- Yes, R222 that makes perfect sense! I think you have figured it all out... and Harry dated Caroline as a favor to cover up for Nick & Caroline!
- MOC, LG doesn't have a new sign off but she isn't posting as much anymore I think. Definitely still around though.
- R222 I KNEW IT!
- R224 Since you don't seem to get why everyone is just laughing at you: R190 was one anonymous comment from who knows who with absolutely no validity to suggest they could actually know what's going on, so obviously no, we are not all going to take their word as true and accept that's that. I really really hope you're just a troll and not actually suggesting that not believing every anonymous based on nothing actually makes us less reliable or rational.
- laugh all you want. i'll be the one laughing when caroline and harry come out.
- Hi MOC, yeah, I'll sign off as Links though to keep it simple for anyone who's not around when I posted that.
- R222 here. I am one of the occasional posters who believes that Nick and Harry are just mates but I cannot for the life of me see how people can argue that Harry is with CF. There is no logic to that argument.
- Links, what do you think about Harry and Grimmy now? I know that at one moment you started to believe that Harry and Taylor is a real relationship.
- Oh god..... Just had a flash forward to me in a mankini in Soho with a load of teens pointing and staring.
R190 is your source information from the industry or friends and family or a sighting or something else?
- R232 Thanks for reminding everyone ...
I heard from someone who had vague links to N that he had been with Taylor - but both their time line and their certainty that it was her specifically was dodgy. Although I still have friends who, though with no specific connections, don't entirely believe it was PR, and they are in the media. I would bet a fair bit of money it was, but you can never know FOR SURE.
Re H and N, a large part of me thinks it could be legit, for most of the reasons we've been discussing. This is a pretty messy situation though, with a lot of crossed wires, so saying anything for sure would be stupid.
- Just in case anyone is interested in the investigative aspects of tumblr
- NB this is what I mean by some of the better aspects of tumblr. Love this persons work and ppt evidence style approach. Done with humour, thoroughness and new source material. Who is this tumblr person and can we get them posting on here?
Though I would say, Nick, if youre on here...seriously, buy some more clothes.
And anyone working in fashion, please get some t-shirts made up with "mine" and "not his" made up but otherwise identical and drop them in to the breakfast show. Now that, i think would be funny.
Finally, Links- ill never forget GW. Together with R153 and others we got a thread closed. But will dutifully re-address you as Links. X
- JJ what are you talking about, you got a thread closed? Please explain.
- Harry and Nick often said they go shopping together. In fact I saw one photo of them shopping in some mall last year. I don't think they take each other chlotes,rather they buy similar things.
- MOC - last night 187 posts in of part 11 of gr1mmy & co (but thread 40 or so I reckon in reality)
We got shut down.
I've never been shut down for anything
- R238 IDENTICAL things? That's def more suspect (and a bit weird frankly, no one wants to match their BFF/BF unless they're 12). There's this denim shirt, the grey sweater, possibly the babour jacket and the yellow raincoat. Which H was actually pictured in outside of the photoshoot, so H took the yellow jacket from the shoot and wore it...then N decided to buy it?
- R220 are you someone new. Was that just more bullshit.
I always thought Harry and Louis were together but had split, that's why Louis got so pissed off.
- I posted at R190, I have no source, it was just a hunch and not to be taken seriously. Sorry.
I do think they could be together, just so many coincidences.
- R238 That "mall" was Selfridges (the same day as Nick got mistaken for his father and Harry for Frankie C, perhaps?). And yes, I'm sure they do, and maybe they have the same shirt - but it's equal chances they share it.
JJ - I would love to know what we did. Maybe it was my violent aggression. I became rather choleric. Regret it all now of course ...
- R240 - actually I think I prefer that theory - makes them sound like 40 year old dull lesbians going through the old u-haul merge. Maybe they'll be their chihuahua a mini matching.
Funny how everyone assumes N to be the "leader" when he has the far more effeminate habits. Wonder if it's his age or something else?
- When was Louis so pissed off? Do you have
some inside info?
That was Links at R243 by the way.
- r242 - are you posting from the same pc as earlier?
- N has admitted to them grabbing each other's clothes to wear before, so when they're wearing an identical shirt over and over I think it's safe to guess it's one shirt they're sharing rather than they both decided oddly to buy the exact same shirt.
Slight tangent here, but a related point I wanted to make, especially after all the Caroline stuff this morning: Multiple people seem to keep complaining that any theories that oppose H/N are never considered around here, and while there's definitely sometimes some confirmation bias going on, when there is a simple explanation that supports H/N and someone else is suggesting a far more complicated/convoluted counter-argument, naturally most people will default to the simpler explanation in a case like this, where there's enough that's messy out there.
- JJ - I wonder that myself, especially since that's my default assumption. I think it's probably his age and the fact that he's quite a bit older than Harry, who's still in his teens (although that's only a technicality, by 19 you're barely a teenager anymore ... Or you don't think you are, anyway). Add to that that 9 times out of 10 Harry's default setting seems to be very obedient and he's quite quiet and slow, where Nick seems more outgoing and dynamic and probably leads conversation etc.
Could have it the wrong way around totally, of course. One regular N/H tweeter - who believes them to be together, though he's never stated his sources - seems fairly sure Harry "leads" so to speak.
- Yeah, I think I know who you mean, Links, and have been curious as to how they know or think they know this.
- Links and 153 I think I know who you mean as well, I've been in these threads for a while and I think they've been linked before? I found some links to Popjustice but I have no idea if that's relevant or not
- R241 thought I'd responded before but maybe not.
1) maybe check out the little troll dar button
2) Meet sarcasm
I shall leave it to other regulars if they think it worth explaining
- Yes, I assume we're all thinking of the same person - and they have links to Popjustice (friend of Nick and a writer for the Guardian, Peter something I think) and Grace Dent, possibly Caitlin Moran, I can't remember. Tweets have been linked on these threads a few times, since they commented on PopBitch.
N16's gossip suggests quite the opposite, as does his taste, if we're going to be very stereotypical.
- JJ, thanks for explaining. I cannot find that thread, is it still available to read?
And Links, 153, and R251 please stop talking in codes! :) Who are you talking about and what did he/she say/know? I think I must have missed this in the closed thread...
- White tshirt with blue trim
- r242 - i don't think you did post at r190.
Why are you saying you did?
- You'd have to search for the relevant tweets, MOC, but it's "dotsmy" on Twitter if I'm thinking of the same person as Links.
Here is the link to the closed thread, it hasn't been deleted.
- MOC - they've been linked since early threads! I'm worried about getting threads closed, which is why I'm being circumspect! Could be too much linking to personal accounts, or something?
If Nick was a carton of Ribena, Harry would be the straw.
- That was me, 153, at R257.
- R243 - Just a quick note; the photograph in Selfridges (escalator etc) is the Oxford Street, London branch (I spent a happy year working 10 minutes away from it; there is not a fitting I wouldn't recognise in that place!) whereas the the "father" story was in Manchester. Not especially relevant though.
My only comment about the shirt, apart from the fact that really it seems likely there is only one; it would make even less sense if they went shopping and bought identical ones, is that really it is standing up very well to the constant laundry because according to tumblr it's pretty well worn. (There is also a very pale denim shirt (Harry wore it bizarrely over a rather too large grey woollen sweater when they went into the Radio 1 chart show one Sunday) that looks a lot like one Nick wears too, so I think they may regularly do this).
- Links - To put this delicately, wouldn't Nick leading in one area also go along with Harry being a straw (and I can't believe I have just typed that, on so many levels....)
- Oh, Links, I'm sorry for saying the name then. I do hope that was not the reason the thread was closed. It would be nice if we could find out what the problem was so that we can avoid making the same mistake again.
- There are loads of posts today I can't keep up. I was going to point out the paler blue shirt also just posted about the white tshirt witb blue trim worn by both. My source says there is or was no Larry but not being a 1d fan I can't says whether what ive seen goes against that.
- C - As in, while Nick is a straw in their social life, he becomes a carton in the bedroom? Or are we talking bendy straws and bedroom athletics?
(Having too much fun with this metaphor, I apologise.)
- Thank you Links and R257, going to go read up now...
Just want to say that I think it is unlikely that H&N are buying the same clothes, they probably just like to share clothes.
- R263 What white t-shirt with blue trim do you mean? That awful one with the wide scoop collar? Or the one H wore to Ghana?
Regarding your source, have you posted before? Would love to hear anything else you've heard if you're willing to share:)
- R262 Don't apologise, it's a wild guess! Especially as we hadn't been talking social media! I wonder whether it was discussing possible preferences for certain types of sex? But that's been discussed since the Ass o' Lou threads.
- dot**y also knows or has tweeted with Jamie East from Holy Moly if I remember correctly - the guy who made the beard comment to Union J, and D has also tweeted about H/T being faked. He's never mentioned sources but he said he was "preeeeeeetty sure" that H/N a real thing after someone said "it's just rumours isn't it?"
- So if H/N like to share so many chlothes, this means they live together?
- Thanks for the info about D's connections, I always dismissed his tweets as they seemed more put out for a reaction/jokey
- Links - Yes, I am now sniggering inappropriately. I am afraid I went straight to a bedroom scenario, or perhaps from what we have heard, an apparently unisex toilets one. I was going with the analogy of Harry being the one using the straw, but of course, if Harry is indeed the straw then yes, that would make him more the leader here. Am worried by the Ribena though!!
- R263- yes I have posted before. I said I heard L isn't gay. But usually we avid discussing him. Yes it is the ghana t shirt. Worn by N in Ireland.
- Ah, I see, as in Nick providing a drink of RIBENA through a STRAW? I was thinking more of the straw piercing the carton, but I now see my metaphor was flawed and could be interpreted a different way!
- R269 - Regarding them living together, read the last four lines of the attached. It seems a very strange sequeway from the main aspect of the article, and I rather felt at the time they were testing to see if it was noticed.
- R272 I assume you meant to reply to my post at R266 ? I remember you from a few threads back then, nice to see you're still around. Will look up the ghana shirt...funny because the band actually put up some of the items they wore there for auction but all of H's clothes were absent. Would make sense if the shirt was N's...hm.
- R275 - yes sorry put my own post number. That is interesting about clothing from the the Ghana trip being auctioned but not H's and yes I have been here for a long time.
- the person who actually did post at r190, can you come back and just let us know if you have a source? you don't need to go into detail??
- While we're on the topic of creative metaphors for sexual roles, I was amused by this one I saw on the DS forums once: "I think Harry's the postman and Nick's the letterbox."
Personally, I tend to agree (either that, or that they're totally versatile), just based on general gut feeling. I know many here see Harry's body language and general demeanor as indicative of being submissive, but then again you can also find contrary indicators there - like the fact that when we see him and Nick play-fighting, Harry is generally the "aggressor" (didn't Nick even complain of having a sore arm after "LadsFM"?)
[quote]N16's gossip suggests quite the opposite, as does his taste, if we're going to be very stereotypical.
Yes, the former is the one thing that makes me question my assumption. The latter isn't really indicative of much though - I myself am exclusively into twinks as well, and love being dominated.
- R278, didn't Nick once tweet something that implied he was versatile? Then again hes also said he was a Top as joke on his show...I can't remember the actual context though.
- OH! I remember that top comment...they were talking about MBE's for some reason and he said "Nick Grimshaw T.O.P" and then giggled to himself.
- Hahahaha, loving the metaphors everyone!
Also, JJ, R197, is it really bad if I would genuinely be up for a meet up with everyone if we ever find out Harry and Nick are together or even if we find out they never were?!
Like the 1D fans eagerly awaiting their "I knew it!" moment, I'd just want to celebrate enduring and making it through to the other side!
- ahahah RM I would actually be totally up for it...would be absolutely bloody hilarious.
- what comes to my mind is an interview with 1D in Germany I think it was, when someone asked Harry what he was doing the day before and Louis cheekily said: "Trying to walk..." while Liam bursted into a fit of giggles and Harry just looked annoyed ;)
- I remember that, R283, haha.
- Re the playfighting/punches, I found Nick's restrainment of him a bit more notable? Do you think it's more likely they're versatile or have fixed roles?
- I guess I'm in the minority when I say I automatically assume versatile unless anything major suggests otherwise.
- ok so now I just picture Nick pinning Harry to the bed...not bad :)
- so nobody else thinks its suspicous that r190 came on here to claim harry and caroline are in a relationship. and then, someone else comes on here claiming to be them saying that it was just an assumotion.
sounds like pr damage control to me.
- Photos of Nick and Caroline today linked below if they haven't and been seen and I saw mention that there is a video of Nick on 1xtra today on facebook but not looked yet.
- I think Harry seems quite submissive around Nick (and most males, really) but I'm on Team Versatile for some reason.
- R283 I remember seeing that. Felt a bit sorry for Harry to be honest. Louis really can be a bit of an ass sometimes.
- There are hints that N and the breakfast show team are doing a 1D Kiss You video parody on Thursday.
- Yeah, I agree, R291.
I also agree with you, NB / R290.
- Dear Boss, I realise I have neither signed off my budget, nor done my workforce allocation today, it may sound like I have been cracking through the todo list but in fact I have been having a brilliant day discussing the sexuality and media management of a teen popstar and a radio DJ and educating young US and Brit schoolkids about PR management and internet etiquette. I appreciate you don't pay me for this, but really its been quite brilliant.
All - I am all about the power bottom (look it up youngsters) Except weirdly until today I had only ever considered that role for popstar but now am wondering.
RM Yes - it will be like the end scene in Armageddon except R190 will be Willis
R288 If that is damage control they need to all be fired instantly. Piss-poor social media management. I should be hired instantly instead :)
- year its a poor attemot if thats what it is JJ but you can't deny its fishy?!?
someone comes on here to confirm harry and caroline are secretly together.
then someone else comes on here pretending to be them saying its all rubbish...
- This may just be a sad failing in myself, but for some reason I just cannot imagine Harry physically f*cking Nick. Possibly because many of Harry's personality traits are ones I relate to and so I envisage him in my ... Position, shall we say, though that's probably less explicit than it sounds.
Mainly that he seems very indicisive and open to manipulation (not necessarily negative). For example on the post-Brits show, Harry says he's being asked to rap the answer to a question and dithers quite a bit (Fincham says several people are telling him to do so) and Nick quite firmly says "you say what you want".
This is all very firmly on the projection scale, though!
- Amusing bit of investigation I just did:
Was wondering about the "trying to walk" comment in that interview - if we're taking it that's what Louis could have meant, they were in Germany right, so how does the timing work out. The 1D boys were in Germany to do that interview on September 22, 2012. They did the iTunes festival (where, as I'm sure no one needs reminding, Nick and Annie interviewed them, some glances and giggles between N and H, multiple reports from people there of Harry goofing around during the set with his attention on N, throwing the snowballs at him, laughing and looking over, etc) ...on September 20. If Louis was actually referring to anything to make fun of Harry and wasn't just making an inside joke/referring to something else... Harry spent the day after iTunes festival "trying to walk".
- R295 Maybe someone was annoyed with how much weight it was being given and tried to get it dismissed? The comment was nowhere near revealing enough that anyone would actually need to worry. Hackford Jones has better things to do with their time, you're starting to sound like some of 1D fans perceptions of what PR companies spend their time doing
- Sorry, I want to expand and say that despite seeing submissive elements to Harry's character, I don't see him as meek or shy, either. I think he's probably quite forthright about what he enjoys and wants, but maybe likes being told what to do (projection alert code red ...). And I know people can be a multitude of things, but can anyone really see N being tamped down?
Anyway - some lovely timing deductions from R297 above!
- R289 - According to Caroline Flack's tweets, Nick and she recorded tomorrow's Call or Delete this morning (one imagines they went for lunch afterwards hence the photograph). They apparently phoned Sam Teasdale but she didn't answer, saying, via another tweet, that she knew better this time, or words to that effect.
- I noticed that Links, and loved Nick for it, for being patient with Harry and protective. I guess it could also imply a bit of control, yeah.
R297, yeah the timing certainly works if that was what Louis was implying. Others were saying it implied him meaning Harry was clumsy, but I don't think he's THAT mean.
- yeah well r190 and r154 have confirmed harry an caroline in my eyes. i'm surprised your all dismissing it when you think about how long everyone has been trying work this out? but then its not the answer we were all hoping for is it.
- R302 I am beginning to think you genuinely are off your rocker or 12 y.o. Will ignore your posts from now on if that's what you're taking as confirmation lol
- I love this thread, there is an element of madness combined with some significant research and or stalking. Without you I might have forgotten my interest in n and h, but now I have a fully blown obsession with a teenager and his dubious tattoo and his flirty friendship/relationship with a highly entertaining northern DJ!
Keep up the good work!
- 302 - how on earth can you get 'confirmation' from an anonymous source on a thread? Sure, we all speculate but the ones who think they are actually together get their beliefs from actual pictures and accounts/knowledge of them being together. I certainly would never believe an anonymous source on here and I debate trusting those who sign their posts off to be honest!
Please - give me an explanation as to why you are so convinced from these anon posts?
- Links at R296 - Thanks to you I am now using tissue to get coffee out of my keyboard.
R297 - now that, is some serious research. Off to watch the clip now but loving your train of thought.
Hey R302 - what exactly are you referring to? Why are you so sure R190 knows the inside scoop. I am honestly interested in wht you are so sure R190 knows something, when they are a one time poster with no source material?
I am now desperate for R190 to return.
- Ignore the troll, they have no point or logic to contribute.
- I loved that bit on the radio when Harry asked where Louth was and Grimmy went on and on about it..."Where's Louth? Is he one of your new friends? Louth are you back there? Looouth?" He seemed kinda jealous while Harry was giggling like a little girl (:
- THAT >>>> R304 Isis
- already thought caroline and harry were together because of all the stuff i said earlier so when a couple of people come on here and say that yes they are thats confirmation. especially when neither have posted before and especially when someone puts a timeframe on it. posters that just jump on and post a couple of things are not people like us interested in the subject and trying to work it out. they obviously KNOW something. people seem happy to believe n16 and c. they are just as anonymous. signing off with a couple of letters does not make you less annoymous.
- and of course when Harry was talking with someone on the phone and Nick was like: "Harry get off the phone! Who's on the phone to you? ...Who's on the phone?"
- JJ - What about it made you spit your coffee? Ha, those last few have been heavily subjective and dubious posts from me! I'm vaguely embarrassed!
R308 I found that amusing, but since he was referencing the dread Alibi, I think he was teasing Harry about being a little hipster floating about on the Dalston scene with his hipster friends (hence the funny name), rather than any jealousy! I could just be missing that, though.
- yeah JJ - i want r190 to come back too. just to say they were just guessing like the rest of us :-(
- 310 - no they obviously do not KNOW something. they could be speculating, lying or indeed trolling, a bit like i suspect you are. How about I log onto my boyf's computer and come on stating 'H&C are absolutely together, just you wait and see' - does that make me a good source?
- @dot**y is followed by a journalist who used to work for channel 4 news and who now writes regularly for Pink News and also runs the Out4Marriage campaign. I only found this out by looking up @dot**y and it came up on my twitter. I happen to follow this journalist because I support the campaign. Therefore I would say dot**y is not just a random tweeter but someone with a degree of inside knowledge. The journalist would not be of the gutter/tabloid sort.
- Thanks R315 , I was the one who originally thought he was a random tweeter.
Unseen pic from March 8 (think it was Graham Norton's Big Chat but not sure)...Either way- hello chest hair:
(and bonus Example's GF and Keith Lemon)
- yeah well i just don't know why r190 and r154 would come on here just to lie. i can understand a larry or a gryls fans making up something about either of their ships because they want t believe it and to convince other people. not many people want haroline part 2 so why lie.
- R315 - Yes, that's the thing isn't it. For some reason so many of the authors of random tweets have very direct links to the subject matter, and seem unlikely to risk tweet lies (if nothing else it would harm their reputation as journalists). I think the most unexpected of this nature was the two ITN journalists discussing Nick and Harry last month.
R310 - Just as well you haven't been here when the "Larry" supporters have posted, you could have been swayed into a total different viewpoint....
- Links - was filling in some numbers with a colleague, flicked back on my PC and saw "cannot imagine H physically f*cking N" at which point I laughed and spilt my coffee an tought "gah ...this may be my favourite thread ever"
- I hope your keyboard is okay, JJ! Brutal honesty is always the best policy, I think. I only can't imagine it because - and I noticed it particularly in the latest Instagrim photos from post-Brits - Harry seems SO slight in comparison. I'm sure many would happily roll their eyes and tell me that means nothing, though!
- Off topic, but does anyone know if Nick's flat is 3 stories? Just because he mentioned a cellar, and we know from the pics post Brit's that he has a basement entrance (where his living room area/dining room seems to be) but he also talks about "going upstairs to bed". But then I swore that some of the pics of what I thought was his dining room showed windows with a view (so at least second story)...
- Haha, Links, he does seem quite slight. I felt it in particular in his photos with Ben W. It's similar with Nick but not quite as obvious.
Btw. (at JJ in particular, haha) I'm amused at how Ben was basically dragging him by his clothes here:
- Links - No, I have a hard time trying to imagine it too.
Harry is sooo the bottom ;) at least for most of the time. *wink*
- Links - think Im probably with you on the whole role thing and please dont ever refrain from telling it like it is. Love it.
But as to not being able to imagine it....well if I really really try, I think.......yes yes if I really. really try it seems I can indeed imagine it.
After all that R190 R154 etc I have now been left wondering if there are 100's of teen tumblr shippers lurking in the background and occasionally not being able to resist commenting, wanting to play with the big kids.
Alternatively, its one kid logging in from different computer terminals at school.
Or there really are that many oddities.
- Just went back to watch the "trying to walk" interview and it's not quite as straightforward as I remembered. The interviewer asks "what's a typical day for you" and while they're starting to answer Niall says "what were we doing yesterday" (directed at Harry who's sitting beside him). The camera isn't on Louis when he says "trying to walk" so I'm not sure where he was looking, but Harry looks at him after he says it and does a bit of a smirk, you can see his mouth kind of curving up, Niall looks over at Louis really surprised, and Liam laughs and then ends up burying his face in his hand while the Niall and Zayn keep answering the question - Liam's embarassment is pretty much what sells it for me though that Louis was referring to exactly what we think he was referring to and not any "clumsiness". The comment isn't explicitly aimed at Harry though.
- In case the very kind poster who searched through photographs of Harry in coats and who found the one I meant on the last thread, hasn't seen it, Harry today in a Barbour (and it does still look just the same as Nick's). (And, yes, I plainly have a Barbour related problem...)
- But Nick is a bottom too. Some months ago a guy said a friend of him hooked-up with Nick in a bar(in spring last year) and he found Nick is a bottom who don't rimm strangers, otheways a proper gentleman. The details he brought made me think he said the truth. Nick used to hook-up with guys and he is a bottom.
- hmm it's weird because Harry just screams bottom for me...not just because of those submissive things he does but he just seems so...bottom-ish. lol. But they can both be versatile I suppose ;)
- R327 - Yes, I remember that, although the rest of his post was a little sketchy so I wasn't totally convinced, it was the Edinburgh Filth and Fun 2011 (August).
- R325 It's usually referenced as a Larry video - as in Louis being the one trying to walk because Harry went hard when they were at home.
True JJ, if I was REALLY pushing my brain to the limits, it's not impossible to imagine ... Role wise, I don't think Harry comes across all that Dominant, though probably not retiring either. Impossible to know, of course, but a great thing to speculate over! Away from Nick I've seen plenty of "look at submissive Harry" moments.
Another fairly tame one would be Nick directing Harry in the Ask Nick Anything section of his last show. Apart from a relationship, though, that could simply be an older friend thing.
- R327 It always seemed odd to me that Nick would reveal this to a stranger in a bar who he wasn't even going to hook up with?! Especially the rimming part.
- I while ago whilst searching I found something that someone had either posted elsewhere or tweeted saying, not much is going on with those two, they are both bottoms in reply to someone else saying they were together. I'm not sure either of these people actually had any inside info though and were probs just speculating, but they were males IIRC so I don't think typical 1D fans.
- haha I didn't get the chance to post this vid yesterday because the thread was closed down ...but everyone was talking about how Harry likes when people touch his hair and I found this vid that just fit in quite well:
(he's like a freakin' kitten...seriously.)
- Another post about Nick on DS a long time ago mentioned how nice he was. This was in relation to a hook up when he was DJing at a university somewhere. He and Harry seem to have that effect on people. Everyone who meets them comments on how nice they are. Boyd Hilton who wrote the Heat article commented on Nick in a tweet too.
- ahah c I was actually going to post that! It actually isn't from today though. Lux is in London with Tom (Sam T instagramed a picture a few hours ago) and H wasn't wearing that jacket in any of the other fan pics. I think it was from Saturday so when you mentioned your theory about Tom and Lux dropping off Lou and H at Euston you were probably right!
- Talking about whether Harry's more submissive.. the most blatant indication for me was one interview when they were asked about whether they'd be into a woman telling them what to do (or something along those lines, it's killing me that I can't remember the wording at all because I can't find it now!) and Louis kinda hummed about it and was like "depends... depends on the situation, depends on the girl" or something like that, and Harry was positively SQUIRMING out of his seat, literally wiggling around and just said "Yeah". Take that however you want in regards to his sexuality, but it seemed to indicate to me that he'd be up for someone else being more dominant.
- Maybe it is N who is the POWER bottom.
Just cant see it though.
R336 - You KNOW whats coming next? "Link me up bro" lol
- R336 - The Euston drop off was someone else's theory, because I hadn't seen any photographs of either Lou or Lux with Harry at the time, but that certainly looks like the Accessorize at Euston so it would all fit in.
- I've seen that R336, and that is pretty much what I remember. I agree it may imply something about his submissiveness as does him wanting to be a bed? That was an odd and interesting answer, haha.
R333, and that's just a small sample...he really is like a kitten.
- I can just picture Harry being into that...being submissive because he just acts very much like it at times. and with that I mean that he doesn't mind when people order him around and does things without arguing about it.
and he can never tell people "no" it seems...
let's not forget the way he just leans into people when they touch him or how he just goes with it when the guys pushes him about at times.
- I'm trying to find it right now, JJ, I just saw a gif of it on tumblr that reminded me yesterday but I appear to have lost that too! Will post a link as soon as I find it :)
- R339 - And yet I remember Harry saying he wanted to be the Big Spoon, it's all so confusing....
Actually that reminds me of Nick saying that he couldn't really be a big spoon as his arm went numb after 15 minutes (I think some people heard this as 50 minutes at the time too).
R336 - One wonders what the interviewer thought the target audience for that interview was meant to be?!
- in the meantime here's a gif appropriately captioned "is he booty popping?"
- C - Harry's answer (on a mainstream Australian radio station, where they made it very clear "all" their Australian fans were listening) was that it depends who he's with.
- That was me, 153 again at R339.
Hahahaha, I love it, NB!
- Links - sorry that was me being pervy at R324
Euston Lux theory was mine.Was a highly unproductive Sunday morning but basically
Lux was in Belfast in pics backstage on Thurs
Harry disappears on Saturday
Harry tweeted around 9.15am Sunday a couple of times. One to Lou saying "last time I involve you in a plan"
Then Tom tweeted Lou from Lux saying "love you Mummy, Miss you Mummy" implying she was no longer with Lou.
Some random tweeted around 9.30 saying he thought he was on the train with H.
He tweeted he got off at Crewe around 11.30. (this fits with the 9.15 out of Euston (I know - Im a freak)
Then there are lots of random tweets like "man Im sure I just saw Hary Styles in Crewe station" (Crewe is nearest main station to Holmes Chapel)
Pic of fan and H confirms he was sighted at Euston pre 11.15am
To get to Euston at 9.15am on a Sunday implies either driving super early am or private jet or staying in London.
My guess is Lou and him hatched a plan to surprise his Mum, he wasnt allowed to/didnt want to travel alone by train and for some reason didnt want to drive or get a car (maybe didnt want to leave the car up there)
My guess is for whatever reason Lou let the secret slip, was late for the train (doesnt fit with having time for fan snaps) or forgot to pick up the tix :)
AND yes I am fully aware I have too much time on my hands.
- [quote]I agree it may imply something about his submissiveness as does him wanting to be a bed?
At least Louis seems to have interpreted the "bed" comment that way:
- JJ, I swear you're better than some of 1D update accounts. I've often thought they could get a lot of scoops if they tracked this thread. Though I am sure half would faint with shock at the other stuff we discuss...dom/sub dynamics about their idol and his older DJ BFF may be a bit much for 14 y.o.s I'd imagine
- Links - Thanks, that makes more sense, it was only a vague memory, probably from the "before I actually cared about 1D" time, that now just seems a distant, but happy memory. How did this all happen? I'm a Nick fangirl!
- JJ - Try not to laugh, but attached is a photograph of the Accesorize in Euston, so it may well be that Tom tweeted Lou just after she got on the train, as the photograph of Harry and Lux and a fan really does seem to be there.
- Oh c - I dream of the days when I didn't care! A couple of YouTube videos and I was fascinated. Although these days it's more of a care about Nick and Harry ...
The bed comment is a classic - and it's old, too, this is back when they were first promoing WMYB as a single.
- ooh thanks c!
- Have finally just read Heat mag. If they are together his PR team aren't going to be pleased. The interviewer has deliberately used positive words such as "amazed" by their friendship and yet Nick appears to have used both "weird" and "weirdo"
I know he is using them to deny but thats bad media training. It means anyone who hasnt heard people think its weird will know have those words associated (and trust me when I say a good portion of teens dont actually read the Daily Mail (X))
With no real foundation, my suspicion about the "Harry hates staying alone thing" is that it would be incredibly difficult to explain why he stays with N in a 1 bed flat otherwise. As a teen I constantly crashed at peoples houses when we'd been drinking, I didnt freaking move in though. I'm willing to bet he doesnt stay elsewhere as often as the implications
- C - right, its official we are all bats**t.
There are tumblr girls shaking their heads at the screen right now, wondering if this is what their future is when they hate their adulthood.
Its too late for us but they could save themselves.
Quick all of you lurkers (except R190 - I still dream of your return), gently go to Internet Options and select delete cookies and browsing history, then carefully close your screen and take your laptop/ipad/ipod/iphone/etc, go downstairs give it to your parents and repeat after me "Mum I dont want to end up a 30-something dyke discussing the various outlet stores at London National Rail stations at 8pm on a Tuesday with people I dont know just so I can work out if a popstar whose musiv Im not even into was staying in London last Saturday night.......Mum I need help.."
- Still looking for the interview where Harry was squirming but I stumbled on the interview from last June which was the only time anyone outright asked "is there anyone hiding their homosexuality" if anyone here is interested in that and hasn't seen before. It's only with Zayn and Harry, Zayn says "definitely not" and Harry doesn't say anything until one of the interviewers turns it into a joke about the other interviewer. I would say the banter drops a bit after that point, although that's a bit subjective, but either way I don't think Harry was pleased (and with good reason, what a horrid question).
- (The question is at about 5:20 by the way sorry)
- Didn't realise which picture you were discussing, c and JJ - earlier I spent a moment wondering if it was Kings X, but the screens and the placement aren't right ...
I've done worse in my own head working out timelines. The worst part is the satisfaction I feel when I think I've got it right. I should be getting satisfaction from achieving career or personal goals, not because I've worked out exactly why Nick's "friend" must have been Harry that one time.
- I haven't laughed at a thread so much in ages. Keep it up everyone. JJ you are becoming my favourite poster ever.
- JJ - But at least you are not alone.... And whilst I am displaying way too much interest, it so is Nick's Barbour.
- Thanks, R355, I hadn't seen that just heard about it. I'd personally take it as Zayn meaning nobody was hiding anything in the sense that they themselves and people close to them know...though of course others could interpret it differently. I love the relaxed way he answered anyway...just shrugging it off pretty much.
Yeah, Harry not being pleased is quite understandable. That was a bizarre question.
- R357 - my absolute favourite was the baking one.
R358 and everyone who has been complimentary today, I really appreciate it! I love posting on here and really enjoy the dynamics of all the great (and not so great) posters, even the hilarious weekday lunchtime crowd and the early Sunday night lot who are all obsessed with their preferred partnership.
I love a chat about pop culture and media but I work in a very different industry.
And to those who think I ramble and post too frequently, or would like to punch me over my typos and spelling , then I thank you for your tolerance.
And remember, we may not think another Flack Attack is likely or preferable but you would get a fat girl in a mankini outside a private members club in compensation so swings and roundabouts.
- It seriously does look like they are sharing several items of clothes. With all their money you could just go out and buy, have someone to buy for you or order online without worying. Although maybe it could be argued the majority of H's clothes aren't at Nick's so he runs short and thats why it occurs, but then we think N also wears Harry's which he appears to have left there at Ns too.
- wait, to c about the coat; how do we know it's nick's? yes we've seen harry in it but i've never seen nick wear one? or im missing the pics?
- C what would be interesting then would be if we could find a pic. of what coat he was wearing in Belfast on Friday (because I think H and Lou flew back Friday night). If its different then its an incy bit of evidence that he was staying with N on Sat. ( although he could have had that Barbour coat with him in Belfast I havent checked the pics)
- Barbour jacket poster here (L sometimes). Looked into the white shirt with the blue piping on the neck that someone mentioned earlier. Don't think it's the same one but there aren't enough picture of Nick in Derry for me to tell. Maybe will leave a message in that tumblr girls askbox and get her to look into it? lol
- C - not that I'm bothered or anything but ......... IT SO IS. :)
R153 - I suspect a fan submitte the question and the journo hadn't heard the rumours ad just thought oooh - that's controversial. He appears to be some kind of shock jock,
- 153 - with you, when I first saw the vid at R355 I assumed they meant no one was hiding because none of them have ever explicitly labelled themselves a specific sexuality (even Louis, though he is keen to let us all know he is NOT Harry-sexual).
Is Jamie Winstone the first to explicitly say Harry (or any of the band) is straight? Allusions from anyone else in the media aside and the vigorous "Harry likes women" press Harry gets.
- Links, Jonathan from the Drums said h wasn't gay too
- and Louis' best mate Stan said H was "clearly a fan of women" when he got into a twitter battle with larry fans a few months ago.
- Was he also wearing the grey 'boyfriend jumper' today ? I too might ask the tumblr girl to investigate bc. she has one hell of a skill! I went out in odd boots the other day so I can't be trusted!!
- R153 I think Zayn simply said that because regardless if someone is "hiding" anything like that, they're not about to admit it in the middle of a random interview. What's more interesting for me is the fact that Harry was silent, and the potential shift in his behaviour afterwards.
But yes, like JJ said, he was definitely just going for the shock questions. Harry also gets asked at the beginning about "cougars" and then the very last question is (conveniently also just pulled from twitter) "how many times have you had sex"
- R368 Quite correct, thank you!
I think the Ghana t-shirt and the one Nick wears in Derry are the same, I've seen several photos that indicate it. T-shirts they're more likely to have the same each, though, depending where it's from.
- I think she was the first, yeah, Links. I may be wrong but I can't think of anyone else at the moment.
Yeah, exactly about none of them having labeled themselves really.
That makes sense, JJ, but it's still ridiculous he actually asked it...
- Hey Links - what she actually said was "isn't gay" (FYI I don't think wording massively matters/issignificantinthisinstance but others do.
We appear to have assembled a crack investigative team. Stuff Grimmy, why aren't we working on JFK murder and the pope abdication at the same time.
What am I saying, focus, right Grimmy and H tumblr - I'm coming in
- Ah, yes of course Jonathan said that, but it was soooo awkward and forced, but again that was my impression. I only remember him when it comes to the hook-up rumour, haha...confirmation bias at its finest.
If we consider Stan, we'd have to consider Andy (allegedly but by a lot of people) saying Harry was gay...I'd rather ignore both to be honest.
- JJ, you're right, we should ensure correct wording when quoting so that we can discuss loopholes! Although I always think intention is important - and her intention was clearly to say there was no way Harry was interested in very male Nick Grimshaw. But if she didn't want to lie and he IS bi (or pan/any of the other sexualities you can be, I don't like to simplify the spectrum and I know pan is very popular in relation to Harry) then she's worked her way around it.
- 153 - who's Andy? Is that Liam's mate all of tumblr seem to hate? What did he do FFS?
Wow this is so new to me. Very excited
And when did he supposedly say it? Was it a "you're so gay" type thing when he refused to eat a rotten egg or a "h is gay and the sooner people learn to be comfortable with that the healthier the world would be" type thing?
- R371, of course I agree Zayn wouldn't actually say they were hiding something...it's just that his reaction seemed very natural, so either honest or he is very good at hiding/delaying his reactions. I agree about Harry's silence and behaviour being more relevant too.
- K is there a photo from today of him in the jumper please?
- For those interested Caroline Flack is on Nick's show about 8am tomorrow. Nick just posted it on his twitter. He's also asking what the rule is about reheating chicken. Looks like someone is hungry.
JJ you have been most entertaining tonight. Keep up the good work.
I love all the theories, this thread has become really addictive.
- Yeah, he's Liam's friend, JJ. Supposedly he said he was not gay, unlike Harry, or something to that effect but I don't know the context on a twitcam session. There is no recording that I'm aware of, but when you go back to the time in question on tumblr (I can't actually remember when that was, I'm sorry) many people were reacting "live" to the comment, so to me it seemed like it did happen.
Love this JJ! Too old and too embarrassed! God if anybody found out about this secret minor obsession...they would view me in a very different light!
I am certain the picture of Accessorize is Euston, been passed it so many times!
I didn't know what a Barbour jacket was until yesterday, I keep learning new things.
- v - a belated reply but the attached is a photograph of Nick in his Barbour (it's a Bedale as is the one which Harry is wearing - no two different models are quite the same, different pocket placements, collars, coloured linings etc).
JJ - Yes, not only have I become a "Nick and Harry fangirl", I have become a "stroppy teenage Nick and Harry fangirl", can I go any lower??
- JJ - I haven't seen all the evidence or been around for a lot of it, but the gist seems to be that he's racist, homophobic and misogynistic.
From what I've seen he's your standard lad from a place like Wolverhampton, a bit ignorant, yes - but his best friend is black and he lives with a gay man, so I assume he's not militant and perhaps has made some ill-thought out comments on race, sexuality and women. Not excusable, but also nothing I don't suspect some of the boy's other friends have said.
I'm sure someone else could explain this better?
- wow... just trying to catch up on the hundreds of posts from today. in the nicest possible way you guys have bats in the belfry!! some of the posters on this thread are rambling about literally nothing, it's baffling!
- N16.. I did get insane for a little bit there.. I woke up to about 200 new posts.. it was crazy..
- Obviously I had some type of premonition that Barbours are going to be the thing this season as have asked the folks for one for my birthday although I'm selling out and going the navy blue route. I'll be in the Nick and Harry gang.
- Hi R379. @SophiaHannon on twitter met H today and has posted lots of pics which I would attach if I knew how.
- Thanks k I'll have a look.
- R387 - I went even more subversive and replaced my old one with the black!
- K I don't think it is
- Here's one, R389:
- My Barbour's Liberty print lined - fancy!
- Sounds lovely, Links. Oh hell, off to the Barbour website for a browse. Was just getting one from the local farmer's supply type store. Now I think I'll go for something fancier.
- Hi 153. Re: the australian interview. For some reason I didn't find Zayn's answer completely convincing although I am not sure why. In any event that interview couldnt have been any later than mid April 2012 by which time 1D had been away from the UK since Feb. 23rd. So if like me you think H was exploring his sexuality in 2011, that something might have happened with CF and nothing probably did happen with N until after Christmas 2011 there wouldn't have been time for H and N to have developed much of a relationship to talk about at this point anyway. What I'm trying to say is that Zayn might not have even been aware of Hs realtionship with N at this point in time.
- Now I know what a Barbour jacket is, but what are you all on about blue/black? Liberty lining?
Feel like I should own one, what can a 35 year old, female, townie do with a jacket like that?!?
Peer pressure's all in my head!
- Nick is on a bit of a tweet rampage tonight!
- R396 You can hop into your 4x4 and do the school run. :)
- Did DL eat my link to Nick's RJ King tweet?
Here it is again anyway:
K, that could well be, which would mean to Zayn, he was telling the truth as far as he knew it. Anyway, it doesn't really affect my opinion that I think Harry is with Nick, one way or another really, it was just interesting to see.
- isis - haha, I live in the countryside now, but when I bought it I was living in London. Liberty lining is basically - their new(ish) collection uses the vintage Liberty prints for the lining, rather than the classic check. Which I half wish I'd gone for, for that authentic look ...
I also have a nice grubby one handed down from my dad, which isn't Barbour, but some countryside label. It never fails to garner an, 'is that vintage??' response. Vintage in the sense that some of the mud on it is from 1975, yes.
I much prefer the waxed jackets to the quilted ones which got popular a year or so ago. I wondered how long it would be before we saw Harry in one, though - they're aaalll the rage, after all.
K @ R395 - I do know what you mean, I think it's because his reply was so instant and he didn't even sound surprised by the question, as though they'd been rehearsed in how to respond or knew the question was coming. The questions did seem off the cuff, though. I haven't watched that interview in some time, now that I'm on a laptop I'll go have a view.
- ES He was talking about bums and chicken and kids.. lol
- Nick is hilarious on Twitter at the moment, haha!
- I went for the classic green myself.
(My friend has a black liberty lined one though and it is lovely)
- Nick is turning into me on twitter.. just tweeting crap.. its funny
- You will all be happy to know, that I am pleasantly surprised at the range of Barbour jackets and if I was inclined to spend £250 on a coat, I would pick a Navy blue mac!
Back to something relevant:
From N's last tweet he is watch an episode of 'I didn't know I was pregnant' or something called 'My sex Robot' all of which are making me giggle!
- N is hilarious on twitter!! H being on tour sure gives him a lot of free time. :P
Holy cow this threads been busy today.
- nice to see you back Links!!
- Well it seems to be the sex robot!
- isis - Oddly I think it was One Born Every Minute on Channel 4 - which means there are two programmes on at the same time dealing with childbirth!
On a different note when I listened back to part of the post Brits show earlier (there was a reference to it this morning on the thread) Nick asks Harry at one point, when they are talking about Nick's mother, if Harry thinks his mother is an "accommodating" mother. Such a strange question seemingly out of nowhere as well.