- Get well soon, Hill. The world needs you, dammit.
- I know that Bill didn't want her to leave him and go back to DC when he was recovering from his first heart operation (according to a friend who knows him), I hope he's doing the same for Hill.
- Wow, didn't Natasha Richardson die from a blood clot on the brain following a skiing accident? Holy crap.
- Her age and these medical mishaps cast doubt on her ability to serve as prez.
- Blood clot where?
What does this mean?
I had a feeling that there was more to the fainting/flu story than was being released.
- This is why moderate to heavy drinking is good: it thins the blood. No clots.
- Will this shut up the freepers?
- [quote] Her age and these medical mishaps cast doubt on her ability to serve as prez.
Didn't stop Ronny "I've got Alzheimer's" Reagan.
- Happy New Year!
- She'll be fine. Really, she's at NY Presbyterian.
- [quote] Will this shut up the freepers?
Nope. They're being their usual, classy selves.
- Enquirer story says she may have brain cancer.
- The National Enquirer says so? Well then it MUST BE TRUE.
- How did Hilary get a concussion in the first place?
- The lengths some people go through in order to get out of work...why doesn't she just go ahead and resign now so John Kerry can be speedily confirmed.
- Oh shit!
- A blood clot following a concussion can happen to a person at ANY age, r5!
- R15 -- they aren't often wrong anymore
- The National Enquirer said no such thing.
- If I recall correctly, Natasha Richardson died of a brain clot from a concussion
- The Enquirer said she might have a brain tumor.
- It's on the cover of this week's issue r21.
- Link to the Enquirer story.
- I'm just wondering: Did Natasha Richardson also have a blood clot?
- Get better, Hills!
- Damn, get well soon Hillary.
- [quote]If I recall correctly, Natasha Richardson died of a brain clot from a concussion
She died within hours of her injury (she refused treatment). Hillary has been under medical supervision during her illness/injury, so hopefully her doctors caught it in time before it can do any serious harm.
- R4, Hillary does not have a blood clot in her brain.
She is being treating with anti-coagulatns and anti-coagulants are not used in blood clots on the brain.
Anti-coagulants are used when there is a blood clot elsewhere in the body.
- This is what Hoss from "Bonanza" died of!
- I remember Natasha Richardson having a ski accident. Was it a concussion she died from?
- Please don't die Mrs. Clinton!
- Can't all of you listen to CNN?
Brain blood clots are not treated with anticoagulants and she is being treated with antigoagulants.
She apparently has a blood clot elsewhere in the body - which is not anywhere near as serious as a blood clot in the brain.
Blood clots in the legs are very common.
- It must be from all that flying.......
- .....or her birth-control pills.
- She spends a lot of her time sitting on planes. It is no coincidence that she said she would start working out as soon as she's done with the job.
- Any word on Natasha Richardson's condition?
- Wasn't there an actress -- a Natalie or Nadine or some name like that? -- who had a blood clot after a skiing accident and then died? Does anyone remember that?
- R40 - Scroll up. Natasha Richardson.
- KABC in Los Angeles has just reported that Hilary's condition "has taken a turn for the worse".
- I really hope I'm wrong but I feel its more serious than they are letting us on.
- She could have a blood clot from atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation is what caused Bush Sr to puke and pass out in China. A fib is associated with blood clots because the atrium is not pushing steadily enough to get all the blood into the ventricle, so some blood pools in the atrium and it becomes sluggish. Sluggish blood can clot. A clot can then break off and travel to another part of the body.
- She's doing great last I heard Sonny. Those anti-coagulants must've worked wonders.
- Who goes first: George H.W. Bush, Hillary or Natasha Richardson?
- [quote] KABC in Los Angeles has just reported that Hilary's condition "has taken a turn for the worse"
The "turn for the worse" could just be a reference to the clot and being admitted to the hospital. Or did they specifically say she had taken a turn for the worse since being admitted to the hospital?
- "This is why moderate to heavy drinking is good: it thins the blood. No clots."
Hillary is a DRINKER, nitwit.
- God damn it! How did Hil's get the concussion in the first place?
- She supposedly fainted a few weeks ago due to dehydration and hit her head.
- r49 she apparently had a stomach virus which dehydrated her, she passed out, and hit her head on the way down. At least that's the story.
- She failed to read the entire thread before posting, R49.
- She looks like she has steroid face in this photo
- R49 - She had a bad bout of intestinal flu, passed out while defecating, and hit her head.
- I heard someone called Natasha tripped her over on purpose.
- TMI, R54.
- Hills is just a few years older than my mother and mom's flying lead to development of DVT - deep vein thrombosis. She had blood clots break loose and travel from her legs to her lungs, which put her in the hospital twice. She's okay now but it helps greatly that she's no longer a CPA and is like clockwork in taking Coumadin and exercising more.
- r47 That's what I was thinking, but they didn't specify if her condition worsened since the original fainting spell or since being re-admitted. This was the second report they did on Hilary today; the first being the breaking news about an hour ago re. her being hospitalized. They didn't use the "turn for the worse" then. Typical shoddiness that passes for "reporting" these days, I guess.
- So how do the assholes on places like Fox turn this into a big ol lie on Hillary's part?? Honestly, I am sure Sean Hannity and company would say her death was faked, even if her body was laying 6 feet under. Those fuckers are so damn evil.
- I think her condition is worse than they're letting on. Usually a news report will include a prognosis but so far I haven't seen any. I think this is BAD.
- I remember Liam Neeson was so grief stricken he had sex with all his co-stars of the 'A-Team' movie. He seems to be coming out of the fog, but it was indiscriminate male lovers for the longest time.
- Shit. She'd better not make the 2012 death pool!
Stay strong, Hillz!
- She's got the DVTs!
- I have a bad feeling about this.
- Natasha Richardson here. Any questions?
Ethel to Tilly, Ethel to Tilly... Come in, Tilly...Over.
- R61 made me laugh out loud.
- Please get well Hillary! Damn, you should be President.
- "She is expected to remain at New York Presbyterian Hospital for the next 48 hours so doctors can monitor her condition and treat her with anti-coagulants, said Philippe Reines, deputy assistant secretary of state."
- CNN story is complete with "Hilary through the Years" which news organizations prepare in advance of someone's death.
- I just noticed that, r69. It's freaking me out.
- The right wingers are saying it is a hoax. I've let them now how vile they are, in love of course.
- I hope she gets better.
R67, you're fucking inappropriate.
- Oh no r69 that CNN link is freaking me out. They only trot out that 'through the years' shit when it's serious. God, I hope Hillary's going to pull through. She's only 65, for christ's sake.
- MSNBC just had video of Chelsea being ushered into the hospital! :(
- Natasha, are you related to Miranda?
- I hope she is ok.
- Will she be featured at the 2013 Oscars?
- I know this sounds terrible, but I'm 100x more broken up at just the prospect of her passing away than I was by the Newtown shootings. I hope she makes it through this.
- R79 - That's understandable. Hillary is a person that we have seen in the public eye for a really long time and many of us have identified with her, or at least admired her. We don't have personal connections with the people in Newton.
- leg amputated!
- She doesn't have a prognosis? She doesn't have cancer. Why do you even need a formal prognosis when you have a blot clot - probably from traveling and her being laid up recovering from the concussion.
Of course Chelsea is there. Whenever my parents were in the hosptial I was there every day.
- they gave her a broad spectrum antibiotic
- David Bloom of NBC died of a blood clot due to sitting for hours in a military tank. Flying frequently and long flights can also cause blood clots. Get well soon, Hillary!!
- This is absolutely DEVASTATING news.
What an awful year this has been.
- R82: Listen toots, they usually tell you what the condition or diagnosis means and what the likely outcome is and in this case, they haven't. At Hillary's age and given that she's not exactly the picture of health and given her body type, doctors should have recognized that she was at risk for a blood clot, especially if she was told to stay home and take it easy (probably though the doctors wanted her in a hospital and she decided against it). This is why people in hospitals get those special socks that blow up and circulate the blood in the legs. Why didn't Hillary have this brought into her house?? I just think that something is going on. Even Sanjay Goopta just said things are very vague.
- R79, my thoughts exactly.
- I wanted to go to bed and now I am worried about Hillary.
Hope she is well.
- Any pix of her fainting?
- This fucking sucks -- seems so sudden. I hope she overcomes this in the coming days and weeks. She needs major R&R after decades of working non-stop once she is replaced by Kerry.
After all, 2016 is around the corner. She needs to meet with donors and her campaign team before she knows it. Her country needs her.
- R86 = Debbie Downer. Be gone.
- Apparently she was treated for a blood clot years ago, (per CNN just now) so I'm sure her medical team are aware of the future risk as it relates to any subsequent health issues.
It is odd that they are being vague about it though. I'm not usually a Mary!, but it does strike me as strange.
Hope she's OK. I always thought she would've been a better president.
- If they amputated her legs, would they send the stumps for cankles research?
- All I can think of to say is Dear God, NO. But she is one tough lady and she'll soldier through this.
- F&F r93
- She obviously had symptoms like headaches, vlurred vision, balance issues, and when the docs were checking her out they found the clot. Not uncommon after a concussion.
They do have to monitor you closely when they first put you on anticoagulants. She will probably have to have physical therapy, a special diet, and an exercise regimen similar to what they do with cardiac patients.
She probably won't let them keep her too long in the hospital, but I would say maybe a week to ten days. When she goes home she will go with a full compliment of PT, nurse, trainer, and physician.
I know they have a house in D.C. & the house in Chappaqua, but do they have an apartment in Manhattan? That would be the easiest.
- The comments on various news sites by right-wingers are absolutely disgusting and show what complete trash they are.
- [quote] Apparently she was treated for a blood clot years ago,
Really? I wonder if she has a Greenfield filter?
- I know not everyone on this board (including me)knows everything about every famous person, but I can't believe pepole don't remember that Natasha Richardson died in 2009, was famous, was Vanessa Redgrave's daughter, etc.. Those of you acting dumb about her should fuck off and die, already. Unless you're kidding, or 12 years old.
Back to Hilary: I hope she'll be all right; this is very scary. At least people seem to know who SHE is.
- R99 must be new here.
- Could Bush 41 outlive Hillary? That just ain't right.
- R99 - I'm surprised that there isn't a thread for Natasha on DL.
- But how did she die, r99? No one's told us yet.
- Since we have no idea where the blood clot is...how much should we worry.
When The Enquirer, said brain cancer...it made me wonder.
One thing, she travels so much, how can we trust all the people she meets with...in all those countries?
- Everybody please pray for Hilary's full and complete recovery. Just toss one up to Big G. It helps.
- This thread is in my thread watcher and every time a new post registers, I'm terrifed to click on it. Godspeed, Hillary.
- Where is Bill? Any sightings?
- Somebody get Miss Dionne on standby!
- The problem with Richardson had as much to do with the lack of proper diagnosis as the extent of the injury. And her situation was caused by bleeding, not by blood clot(s).
The treatment she is now receiving should do the trick, unless some serious issues are involved. They obviously aren't, as seen by her schedule and vitality before her fall.
With the Clintons, I never completely trust news, because they are by now masters of manipulating the story the way they want it. However, it does not appear that anything is occurring here other than what is being reported.
- Breaking! She has passed.
- Fuck off r110. It's not true.
- Calm down everyone there's a likely reason they're not publicizing everything here. They're not going to release every detail of her diagnosis and prognosis as they usually would for a celeb or person of her standing due to the fact that she might be running in '16 and they're being extra careful what they put out there about her health. It could be twisted by opponents as evidence of her unsuitability to run or serve.
They won't release more details until they know exactly what's up and when she'll be released, and even then after careful wording/vetting by her pr team. There's a lot at stake here.
- where are our fake DL doctors? Is R109 one?
- R110, that was really inappropriate.
- A neurologist on Daily Kos looks at what's been reported and revised his diary once he learned of the treatment given.
[quote]I wrote the diary prior to learning that Secretary Clinton is now on anticoagulation. Anticoagulation for subdural hematoma treatment is rather unusual. If the clot is intracranial, then perhaps the anticoagulation is related to something like a dural venous sinus thrombosis or a cerebral venous thrombosis - two entities where anticoagulation is the standard of care. Another possibility is that due to her sedentary nature over the past few weeks following her illness and concussion - she developed a clot elsewhere in her body - i.e. in her leg (known as a deep vein thrombosis - DVT) which also requires treatment with anticoagulant agents.
DVT is what kills people on long airplane flights when they don't get up and walk around.
A venous thrombosis is a form of stroke.
- She'll never be prez now. Which is a good thing for her. Because she's aged significantly in her current role. Like many women in management, she's allowed the role to consume her: she doesn't seem able to push back.
- Everyone flag r110 NOW! Same goes for r116.
- R116, blood clots are common.
She does not have a blood clot on the brain.
She is taking anticoagulants - anticogulants are not given for blood clots on the brain.
So many of you are so foolish and ignorant -
Joe Biden had a brain anerysm - a blood vessel bear gus braub burst, and he recovered and ran for president.
Sanjy Gupta was on explaining how blood clots caught like this are not life threatening.
- Hillary, Thatcher, Bush hospitalized.
- Oh shut up, R117. You're the one asking for a photo of Hilary Clinton fainting.
- Natasha Richardson died from bleeding in the brain - her brain became swollen from the bleeding.
Hillary is receiving anticoangulants which are given for blood clots in the body, but not in the brain.
- Omg, that sounds horrible.
- [quote] Joe Biden had a brain anerysm - a blood vessel bear gus braub burst
I guess you know whereof you speak, R118.
Were you able to activate your LifeAlert?
- Joe Biden had a brain aneurysm - a blood vessel burst near his brain and he recovered and ran for president.
R122, as for Hillary, no, a blood clot is not 'horrible'. You're an idiot.
Blood clots are common and hers has been found and treating with a blood thinner.
- Any news?
Who is next? The Pope?
- R126, hopefully.
- Since so many on Datalounge have zero attention spans or the attention span of a knat.....
you probably won't read this article describing Hillary's condition...
and briefly about blood clots in general and how blood clots in the leg or other similar body parts are not serious, while blood clots in the brain or lungs can be very serious.
R125, Hillary does not have a blood clot in the brain or lung. Because if she did, she would not be treated with blood thinners which is how she is being treated.
R125, do you not have a TV or a computer? Are you posting from outer space? CNN has no further reports right now. Neither does FOX.
- I love DL, but it's scary to think that some people get their news from it.
- [quote]or the attention span of a knat.....
- 8 People Who Thought Hillary Clinton Was Faking Her Concussion
1. Former U.S. U.N. spokesman Richard Grenell
2. The New York Post
3. Newbusters hit the press for "disingenuously reporting the Hillary excuse for not testifying without the slightest bit of skepticism."
4. Charles Krauthammer called Clinton's concussion "acute Benghazi allergy" Sean Hannity added "let's see the medical report on that."
5. John Bolton called it "diplomatic illness."
6. Outgoing Congressman Allen West said "I’m not a doctor, but it seems as though – that the Secretary of State has come down with a case of Benghazi flu."
7. The Daily Caller's Jim Treacher demanded to see her medical report to believe she was ill.
8. Monica Crowley called it "a virus with impeccable timing."
- sorry, gnat
and R130, you have the brain of a gnat
- I am a gay right center and I am praying for hilary
- [quote]So many of you are so foolish and ignorant - Joe Biden had a brain anerysm - a blood vessel bear gus braub burst, and he recovered and ran for president.
Thanks to the above paragraph, I was able to laugh this month.
- Theoretically...can Hillary choose Obama as her Vice President? He has never served as VP....
- That settles it. I am letting my ass be deflowered. Because if Hillary is not in the race...well then I/we might as well get used to getting fucked every day now!
- [quote]I am a gay right center and I am praying for hilary
The nerve of a racist piece of shit like you claiming to be "religious." Fuck you, asshole.
- Does this mean Hillary wasn't faking after all?
Wonder if any of the people who said she was faking will apologize now?
- No need to apologize. Let them just all play in heavy traffic. I'd personally love to push Krauthammer down a flight of stairs. He's vermin, as is Bolton.
- I haven't read a lot about Hillary's condition but I do know you can fully recover from blood clots. She dearly needs the rest she will be getting now. Here's hoping she will soon be happy, healthy and well.
Sending healing thoughts to HC
- No, R136, the Constitution only allows a president to serve for ten years in any circumstance.
- Really, R142? How times have changed.
- Unless there's something more to the story than a blood-clot, as The Enquirer claims.
- Ten years?!
- R142, isn't it two terms which would mean eight years, not 10?
- If you are VP that became President but seved for less than two years, you can run on your own for two complete terms. LBJ could have run again in '68, even though he had served 5 plus years.
- It's a good thing she didn't beat Obama, we need an able body president.
- [quote]LBJ could have run again in '68, even though he had served 5 plus years.
Luckily the Vietnam War put a stop to that.
LBJ stole what should have been JFK's 2nd term.
- Status update. Natasha Richardson is still dead.
- [quote]Joe Biden had a brain anerysm - a blood vessel bear gus braub burst
I once fucked a bear named Otto Braub-Burst. Any relation?
- R143, the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution became law in 1951 because of FDR's four terms. It limits a President to a maximum of ten years in office.
A Vice President who becomes President upon the death of the previous President can only run for two terms of his own if the previous President died during the last two years of his term. If a President dies during the first two years of his term, his Vice President-turned-President can only run for one full term of his own.
- [quote]the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution became law in 1951 because of FDR's four terms.
That's the Republicans for you. They try to stop success when they see it.
- I bet it was really an abortion.
- True r140 - it does show, once again, how wrong these Republican commentators are about EVERYTHING, especially Krauthammer.
- pparently it's not serious. However, she had clots in her legs during the 2008 campaign.
- Hillary is OH-Vah, she was done in by Fatso Oprah, who's love for sugar-homo Obamo won it for him.
- R157, it ain't over till it's over.
If Hillary runs in 2016, it is hers.
- We don't know where the clots are? If they were only in her legs, she'd have said so.
Nope, this is probably an abortion gone wrong.
- The impression I got was that there was a clot in her head, not inside her brain,& she's taking anticoagulants. I don't think this is in her leg or her lung.
They said "a blood clot" so it is one, and likely directly related to the concussion. My guess is she had symptoms that wouldn't go away like a headache or blurred vision and they checked and found it.
I wonder why they didn't find it when she first fell? Of course maye she refused to go to the hospital. See? When you are told you should go to the hospital to be checked, do it!
- It's already been confirmed its not her head, it's her leg. She travels to three countries in 24 hours many times. It's probably from being kept still in a hospital bed.
- It says that she also has "unspecified" problems.
That is definitely female things. Prolly an abortion gone wrong.
- [quote]Prolly an abortion gone wrong.
This joke has been made about 5 times on this thread. ENOUGH. This is not a laughing matter. Some of us are concerned about her health.
- If you're so concerned why did you vote for Obama and break her heart.
- R164, how do you know who I voted for? I was a Hillary supporter during the 2008 primaries. I voted for Obama when he was chosen as the nominee.
What does this have to do with anything?
- It shows you don't care about her. You only vote for whatever candidate gives you food stamps, SS disability and allows you to murder babies legally.
- We appear to have a right-wing troll on the board, or perhaps someone trying to parody one.
- How is she gonna run in 2016 if she ain't got no legs, y'all?
- For every witty r40 (Nadine, LOL!) there's always a dense r41.
- Oh r166
At least peg was interesting.
- [quote] We appear to have a right-wing troll on the board, or perhaps someone trying to parody one.
So why doesn't everybody show they are in on the joke by STOP ANSWERING IT. Any 12 year old knows that trolls thrive on attention. So deny it the attention it seeks by ignoring it. .
- R164 is such a tiresome turd
- I'm still going with atrial fibrillation. They probably tried cardioverting her and it came back. Bet she gets a pacemaker.
- [quote] and how blood clots in the leg or other similar body parts are not serious,
This is really, really wrong.
A blood clot in your leg can kill or cripple you. Parts of it can break off and travel to other parts of the body and kill you, which is what happened to David Bloom.
I have a relative who is in constant pain and walks (not very well) with a cane due to a blood clot in his leg. He had to have a spinal cord stimulator implanted for the pain.
Blood clots in the leg are serious. They are not immediately life-threatening but must be treated ASAP so the clot doesn't travel (become an embolus instead of a thrombus) or extend ((causing permanent leg damage).
Depending on how large the clot is, they may place a greenfield filter in her inferior vena cava to prevent pieces of the clot from reaching the lung. She may be placed on anti coagulation therapy for life, which isn't fun.
- It's not a laughing matter. And a downturn in Hillary Clinton's health is something to be genuinely bummed out about.
- Didn't Natasha Richardson die after having a lesbian affair with Hillary?
- Is she on the hormones?
- What R171 said.
The DL has always been an easy mark for trolls.
- Deep venous thrombosis (DVT) from all the travel.
- DVT, when caught, is very manageable.
The fact that they haven't come out and said that's what it is, is concerning.
There's no good reason not to—doing so would save lives.
At minimum, she's having tests to rule various things out. On the other end of the scale, she's had a cancer dx and they're determining how to roll out the announcement (remember how Apple stalled by claiming that Steve Jobs had a "bug"?) to preserve her political future.
- A blood cot...You 'mos are so ignorant.
She is an obvious lesbian.
She got the clot as she was having vadge sex with another woman who blew air in her cunt and that caused an embolism. They are just calling it a clot to hide her perversion.
As for 2016, she's TOO FUCKIN' OLD to be president. Americans want a young hip president, not one that will break her hip.
Hillary could've been president but she got usurped by Oprah, who declared Poz Face Obama to be president, so all the liberals followed her blackness and white guilt voted him in.
- Hillary the "I've fallen and I can't get up." candidate for 2016
- Wasn't there a poll just done about how popular she is with Democrats?
- Please FF the self-loathing fuck at r181.
Hillary threads sure to bring out the scumbags.
- She should have been President.
- Well aren't you a special little snowflake, R181.
Please seek professional help.
- Those of you who seriuosly answer R181 need more professional help than he does. He knows he is a troll and is successfully getting the attention he doesn't deserve from OCDs who cannot let trolls be ignored. Ignoring trolls is how you get rid of them.
- Christ, will there be one day where no one shoots anyone in this country?!
- Sorry, wrong thread.
- wtf r u on about r188?
L̸͋ͤ̌̉̑͊͌ͩ̋̎̎̂͏̮̻̘̺̝̺͙̹͇̩̣̭O̓͛̿̔ͨ̓̆̌͛͒ͩ̋͏̛͕͖͓̦̳̤͍̗͓̰̳̜̙͓͉͕̥́͢L̴̶̢͍̠̙̰̥̞̦̯̜͉̭̤̮̊ͦ̇̋̒͞ͅ ̸̡̳̳͇͓̙̪̹̮̣̲̗̺̠̭ͤ̍ͫͥ̽̆ͤ͆̽ͥ͜͟͡ţ̶̧̥̠̖̖̯̟̟̹͇̗̖̦̣̰̜̺͖͇̻̅ͧ̉̃ͨ͂̆̉ͬͧ̔͒̀͢h̯͖̮̗͙̬̲̒̆̂̒ͫ͊̊̌̊̂̇͛ͬ̈̃ͫͮ̌ͤ͡͡a̶̢̾ͫ̾ͬ̌ͤ̆̅͜͡͏͚̞̘̠͔̞͚ț͉͚͕̟͂ͭ͐ͭ͆̃́͢s̴̢͈̦̘̳̞̭̭͉̗̞̯̔ͦͩ̊ͩ́͑ͨ̈́ͦ͆̀͡ ̨̢̦̞̩͙͊͊́̑ͬ͗͛́́f̹͇̼̳̯̫͇̬̞̙̺̘͌ͩͯ̄ͨ̇͝ư̢̧̝̗̣̳̺̖̦̩̠͍͎̩ͩ̎̅͗ͮͭͧ̿͂̏̄͛̽͆͑͒̍̒͡ͅņ̴̼͇͉̮̖͌ͮ̾̂̆̑ͦ̉͘͟͢ņ̵̤̗̳̺̞͍̱̞̽ͬ̂͂̔̚͢y̶̿̽͐̾҉̵̞͖̮̰͙͚̠̰͟ͅ.
- And yet R187, here you are responding to the people responding to the troll, perpetuating the thread even further.
Physician, heal thyself etc.
- If it was GW Bush it'd be OK to say the same things but since it's a lesbian it's bad?
You all are hippo-crits
- But, nonetheless, there YOU are, r192, responding to the poster who responded to the people who responded to the troll.
Medical Re-insurer, insure thyself.
And so on and so forth, like two mirrors facing each other
- [quote]You only vote for whatever candidate gives you food stamps, SS disability and allows you to murder babies legally.
I don't care about the first two, but I give money every year to keep the third one going!
- False equivalency, 192.
Telling someone to keep the line moving by not responding to the nutcase on the soapbox is not the same thing as engaging the nutcase on the soapbox..
- I am afraid, because of the troll we'll kick into Primetime again.
- [quote] I am afraid, because of the troll we'll kick into Primetime again.
Pay your $18 and voila, fear be gone!
- And yet R196, since you're posting this message on a public forum, you're engaged in conversation with the nutcase on the soapbox whether you like it or not.
Let. It. Go.
- And yet r199, ...
You know we could all keep going about this into infinity, right?
- Wait, she's at New York Presbyterian guys! This is great news! She's receiving world class medical care and will be absolutely fine and leading the diplomatic efforts of the Free World in no time! Thank GOD for New York Presbyterian!
- Dear R184 - Consider it done! Thanks for the heads up.
- Trolls keep on trollin cuz somebody's got to do it
- NY Presby is where Clinton had his heart surgery. It was NY Cornell back then. I liked it better when we had 1 Cornell and 1 Presbyterian instead of 2 Presbyterian hospitals in NY. More competition.
- I'll just die if she dies.
- Blood clots in the legs are only life threatening if they are not found and not caught in time.
Hillary's blood clot was found and caught in time.
David Bloom's (NBC reporter) was scrunched up in a tank for long periods and his leg blood clot was not found nor caught in time.
Sanjy Gupta on CNN explained that leg blood clots are pretty run of the mill if found and caught in time, unlike blood clots near the brain or in the brain or lung.
- Older people who experience serious health issues tend to go soft in the head. Hilary will be a dotty old lady long before 2016 rolls around.
- It was reported that she has had previous leg blood clots - one report said 2008, another report said also 1998.
Those dates need to be verified.
R207, a blood clot is not in the category of 'serious health issues'.
And Bill Clinton had open heart bypass triple bypass surgery in his early 60's or late 50's and he certainly is not 'soft in the head'.
- You can die of a pulmonary embolism without ever knowing it came from a DVT in your leg because you didn't know you had a DVT
- Yes, but Hillary's blood clot was found and caught in plenty of time and is being dissolved with blood thinner, so your frenzy and worry about her demise is uncalled for
- [quote]a blood clot is not in the category of 'serious health issues'.
Disappearing from public view for three weeks and failing to testify at the Benghazi hearings makes it seem like there is a serious health crisis going on. People don't take off a month of work for trivial health issues.
- R211, she did not want to testify at the Benghazi hearings and had her aides testify for her.
You really are a exaggerative alarmist which is not an attractive character trait.
Your use of 'serious health CRISIS' is ridiculous and you are an immature alarmist.
- R211, you are a raging fool who stated at R207 that Hillary would now be soft in the head.
You're an idiot.
- The freepers will feast on those three weeks like buzzards on a corpse.
- She had a dvt - behind her knee cap - in 1998. It was considered serious and she admitted to being frightened.
- Even progressives reported that Hillary did not want to testfy at the Benghazi hearings held in December because she wanted to wait for a major written report to be released so that she would know what the findings were surrounding Benghazi and then would know how to respond.
The report was released a week or two ago, so now she has been able to read it and know all the details found.
- [quote] so your frenzy and worry about her demise is uncalled for
Frenzied? I'm merely a healthy professional of 25 years saying that yes, blood clots are a serious health problem. They're not varicose veins, they're not muscle sprains. To repeatedly say that "blood clots in the leg are not serious" is plain stupid. They're serious. They're unpredictable. Of course they need to be treated -- so does diabetes, so does strep throat, so does a brain tumor or a broken ankle. But don't designate a health problem as "not serious" when it has the potential to permanently injure or even sometimes kill somebody. All health problems need to be treated. But all health problems aren't equal.
Hillary Clinton is getting the best care in the country. But other people aren't so lucky and should know that a thrombus is a problem. Yes, it's more dangerous when it's in the lung or the heart or the brain but it's still serious. And we don't know how big it is. It could be a long motherfucker.
The hospitalization is to give her anticoagulation intravenously or via the abdomen. They'll check her INR value and eventually prescribe oral warfarin. If everything is copacetic, she'll then be discharged, following up with anticoagulation based on her blood values.
- They just released the location of the clot. A venous thrombosis indeed, and between the brain and the ear. Doctors said there was no sign of stroke, thank goodness.
[quote]"In the course of a routine follow-up MRI on Sunday, the scan revealed that a right transverse sinus venous thrombosis had formed. This is a clot in the vein that is situated in the space between the brain and the skull behind the right ear. It did not result in a stroke, or neurological damage. To help dissolve this clot, her medical team began treating the Secretary with blood thinners. She will be released once the medication dose has been established. In all other aspects of her recovery, the Secretary is making excellent progress and we are confident she will make a full recovery. She is in good spirits, engaging with her doctors, her family, and her staff." - Dr. Lisa Bardack, Mt. Kisco Medical Group, and Dr. Gigi El-Bayoumi, George Washington University
- I hope she doesn't get C diff!
- Where is Natasha Richardson's located?
- I never ceased to be amazed at the vehemence of misogyny and hatred against this woman but WOW this event really brought out the nastiest Clinton-bashing stink of the Right wing.
- What is your source r218?
- CNN a good enough source for you, R222?
(CNN) – Hillary Clinton's doctors said Monday that the secretary of state's blood clot is located "between the brain and the skull behind the right ear."
Clinton remained hospitalized Monday at New York Presbyterian Hospital for a clot that was discovered during a follow-up exam related to a concussion she suffered this month, her spokesman said.
Read the full statement from her doctors:
"In the course of a routine follow-up MRI on Sunday, the scan revealed that a right transverse sinus venous thrombosis had formed. This is a clot in the vein that is situated in the space between the brain and the skull behind the right ear. It did not result in a stroke, or neurological damage. To help dissolve this clot, her medical team began treating the Secretary with blood thinners. She will be released once the medication dose has been established. In all other aspects of her recovery, the Secretary is making excellent progress and we are confident she will make a full recovery. She is in good spirits, engaging with her doctors, her family, and her staff."
- Dr. Lisa Bardack, Mt. Kisco Medical Group, and Dr. Gigi El-Bayoumi, George Washington University
- The blood clot is between the brain and the skull... right behind the right ear.
- CNN is explaining it fully
- The Associated Press @AP
BREAKING: Doctors: Hillary Clinton making excellent progress, predict a full recovery from blood clot.
- Some poor slob with minimal or no health insurance would never have had a follow up MRI.
- Good. She'll be fine. Now on to the presidency in 2016.
And those dimwitted motherfuckers who have been attacking her over this can spend the next four years rimming Bill twice a day.
Hillary Clinton Progressing After Blood Clot In Head, Expected To Fully Recover: Doctor
BY JOSH LEDERMAN & MATTHEW LEE, ASSOCIATED PRESS
WASHINGTON (AP) — Doctors treating Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton for a blood clot say the clot formed in her head but they stress that they are confident she will make a full recovery.
In an update Monday on Clinton's condition, her doctors say the blood clot did not result in a stroke, or neurological damage. The clot is located in the vein in the space between the brain and the skull behind the right ear.
Clinton's doctors say that to help dissolve the clot, they are treating her with blood thinners. They say she will be released once the medication dose has been established.
In their update, the doctors say the 65-year-old secretary of state is making excellent progress and is in good spirits.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton spent a second day at a New York hospital on Monday, under observation for a blood clot, stemming from a concussion she sustained while battling a stomach virus.
The illness has kept her out of the public view since Dec. 7, and has started to raise a host of questions as her team keeps typically tightlipped about the details: Where is the clot located? How severe is her condition? How soon will she recover? And, as Democrats are privately if not publicly speculating, how might her illness affect a decision about running for president in 2016?
Aides disclosed the blood clot Sunday, with her spokesman, Phillipe Reines, issuing a statement that said: "Her doctors will continue to assess her condition, including other issues associated with her concussion." He had no immediate update Monday on her condition, raising the question of whether she will return to work before she steps down as secretary of state.
After decades in politics, Clinton, 65, says she plans to spend the next year resting. She has long insisted she had no intention of mounting a second campaign for the White House four years from now. But the door is not entirely closed, and she would almost certainly emerge as the Democrat to beat if she decided to give in to calls by Democratic fans and run again.
Her age – and thereby health – would likely be a factor under consideration, given that Clinton would be 69 when sworn in, if she were elected in 2016. That might become even more of an issue in the early jockeying for 2016 if what started as a bad stomach bug becomes a prolonged, public bout with more serious infirmity.
Not that Democrats are willing to talk openly about the political implications of a long illness, choosing to keep any discussions about her condition behind closed doors. Publicly, Democrats reject the notion that a blood clot could hinder her political prospects.
"Some of those concerns could be borderline sexist," said Basil Smikle, a Democratic strategist who worked for Clinton when she was a senator. "Dick Cheney had significant heart problems when he was vice president, and people joked about it. He took the time he needed to get better, and it wasn't a problem."
It isn't uncommon for presidential candidates' health – and age – to be an issue. Both in 2000 and 2008, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., had to rebut concerns he was too old to be commander in chief or that his skin cancer could resurface.
Two decades after Clinton became the first lady, signs of her popularity – and her political strength – are ubiquitous.
Obama had barely declared victory in November when Democrats started zealously plugging Clinton as their strongest White House contender four years from now, should she choose to take that leap.
"Wouldn't that be exciting," House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi declared in December. "I hope she goes – why wouldn't she?"
Even Republicans concede that were she to run, Clinton would be a force to be reckoned with.
"Trying to win that will be truly the Super Bowl," former House Spe
- Wasn't challenging the veracity r223, I just wanted to post the news in another thread.
- [quote]Some poor slob with minimal or no health insurance would never have had a follow up MRI.
You're right however I think the person who would be the least to blame for this would be Hilary. She tried...about a decade ago to remedy this.
- not one update in days.
- why should there be an update? She's at home resting and hopefully taking care of herself.
Hope Bill is with her making hot tea and fluffing her pillows.
- So I think we can all agree that this ends her presidential aspirations, correct?