- Anyone watching "The Real"? a new talk show similar to The View and The Talk. The co-hosts are Tamar, Tamera Mowry, Loni Love, Adrienne Bailon and Jeannie Mai. I've caught all the clips and the entire debut episode on their youtube channel. I think it's a fun, likable show.
- So after her hit "Love and War" and the flop "The One", Tamar's next single is "All The Way Home". I love it. I wish she had never released "The One". Hopefully "Hot Sugar" will be the fourth single.
Here's "All The Way Home" (official audio)
- For those who have been hiding under a rock, here is Tamar's first single from this album "Love and War"
- Her second single is "The One"
- Is Janbot now the Tamartroll? Exact same posting style. Not saying it's bad, just wondering! I respect Janbot for her endless energy.
- R5 this is ONE thread about Tamar Braxton. How is that trolling? I think you mean spamming, and that would be making multiple threads about every little thing Tamar says or does. Confining it to 1 thread is hardly trolling or spamming. Get the fuck out if you don't like it, bitch.
and btw here is Tamar on Fashion Police 2 weeks ago (with guest co-host Nene Leakes and of course legend Joan Rivers). A gay boy's dream!
- Okay, R6 definitely confirmed my suspicion. Janbot/Tamartroll, I'm not saying you're trolling - it's just my pet name for you. I appreciate you keeping everything neatly in one thread. I actually liked Tamar when I watched the show.
- Her wikipedia lists "All The Way Home" as the next single and she did just release that audio. Why would she then tease a video of "Hot Sugar"? Both songs should be singles but not at the same time. I think most of us fans REALLY want to hear the official "Hot Sugar" in full. The live performance that leaked online has a lot of views.
- I honestly think that Tamar sang the majority of Toni's vocals on her CDs, much more than just backup vocals. Now that the public knows what Tamar's voice sounds like, I'm sure they can tell this is the truth.
- R9 if you've heard Toni live, you know it's her voice. Tamar has done a lot of backup for her, including a lot of the chorus parts of her songs, but Toni doesn't need anyone to sing for her. Tamar has the most range of her sisters, but Toni is the best at that contralto range in her family.
- Tamar's album out today! I think people are going to like it.
Anyone see her performance on GMA? I recorded it and will watch/comment later.
- Bought her album and love it. I also like her new single "All The Way Home".
Her performance on GMA wasn't perfect but it's not easy hitting those big notes first thing in the morning. She did a medley of "Love & War", "The One" and "All The Way Home".
Her album is doing well on itunes too.
- R7, R6 isn't me, but I am the OP. I'd forgotten about this thread to be honest.
- Where my people at?! Where my people at?!
- Doesn't Tamar have this huge vocal range or something? That's what I remember reading about her.
And I see nothing wrong with this thread - especially considering all the nonentities that get threads here ("Colton Haynes" anyone?) - she recently had a hit after years in the wilderness. Think it was #1 on UK iTunes which I was a bit wtf about, but nevertheless cool.
- I've never heard her music but she's adorable. I loved her on WWHLive with fellow guest, Padma from Top Chef:
Tamar: When you come to LA, we'll have to go out dancing!
Padma: The only times I go to LA are to visit my parents or attend the Emmys...
Tamar: Oooh, you bougie!
pretty funny--and her timing was perfect, too
- I have no problem with this thread, okay? I like Tamar and I love the Tamartroll as much as I love Janbot, who I seriously respect for all his hard work and knowledge of all things Janet. When I say Tamartroll and Janbot, I mean it affectionately.
- R15 yes. Tamar has a 5 octave range like Mariah Carey.
- Im tired of waiting for Hot Sugar to get a video and finally get going! I think this song is the most authentically her, everything else is just a little bland considering how outrageous she can be. I really wanted her to go ghetto for the video, but this will do.
- and Lady Gaga gave the album a shout out:
[quote]Proud of my girl @tamarbraxtonher! Her album 'LOVE+WAR' is available 2day + already #2 on iTunes! Check it monsters
The Monsters could very well help bring the album to #1 by next tuesday. It's good to be married to Lady Gaga's manager!
- so far the album will be #2 as Ariana Grande's fans are putting her at #1. There's still plenty of time for the rest of the Tamartians and Monsters to buy though.
- unfortunately Tamar has 2 burst blood vessels on her vocal chords. Hopefully those will heal up before the tour she's going on as opening act for John Legend starts soon...
- I never heard of her until I saw a 15 second clip on one of the entertainment shows. She was speaking so ghetto it needed subtitles.
- [quote]She was speaking so ghetto it needed subtitles
ghetto fabulous boo, ghetto fabulous!
- R23 not her problem if popular slang terms are too much for your middle american whiter-than-white self. If you're under 40, it shouldn't be hard to understand her.
- I love the album!!!!!
- I put off listening to that Ariana Grande chick for a long time...but...my God, she stole Mariah Carey's ENTIRE vocal sound from A to Z. I just listened to the preview on iTunes. Literally, she's capable of sounding exactly like her down to all the idiosyncratic ornamentations that Mariah (used to) throw in there. It's not even like Christina Aguilera trying to sound like Mariah 10 years ago....it's like Ariana sampled Mariah singing and put it on a new CD with her name on it.
- Yes Ariana really is a 20 year younger and Italian version of Mariah.
Anyway, here are the other Tamar tracks off the album that haven't been posted so far.
The studio version of "Hot Sugar". YES!!!! love it. They NEED to put this out as a single:
- Love this track "Stay and Fight". You can hear Tamar's 5 octave range played out on the different tracks of the album, as she sings each one differently.
- "Where It Hurts" I think this is quite catchy and sweet:
- In this song you can hear how much Tamar and Trina sound alike. Trina could easily do this. Here is the fun "Tip Toe"
- "Sounds of Love" is a beautiful, romantic ballad. This is for when you want to get down but not nasty. I hope it becomes a single:
- "Pieces" sounds very Keyshia Cole-ish except Tamar has a prettier voice.
I'm not a fan of "Prettiest Girl" or the 2 interludes Tamar has on the album but I think all the tracks listed in this thread are strong. The album looks set to debut at #2 behind Ariana Grande.
Hopefully Tamar can get at least 1 mega smash single. I'm impressed with the quality of the album.
- I have listened to the album on repeat. It's great!
- oh she did that! She won with this album!
- Here's Tamar going gospel. Simply a beautiful job:
- The second season of "Tamar and Vince" premiered this past thursday. It was funny as hell seeing a pregnant Tamar do her promo tour.
- Tamar's voice is so excellent. We are so lucky to have true vocal talents like Tamar and Ariana to grace old R&B samples that were later sampled by gangsta rappers and now turned into sexy, slithering r&b jams. And I say that with no slight intended...I love it. Janbot, you need to switch 100% to Team Tamar (aka TamarTroll) cuz Tamar is the bidness. You know this is the truth. Tamar is shitting over Janet's discography from 1995-present with one album.
- "The One" is the only Tamar track that uses an old classic sample. The rest of her songs have more modern beats to them.
- I will say that Im more of a fan of Tamar the TV personality, than of Tamar the singer.
The album is good, I wish she would've done fewer ballads though. That's what we have Toni for. To be honest, I was expecting some good music to dance and queen out too, and the album kind of fell flat there. She went on and on about not wanting to sound R&B, so how did she end up recording all these ballads?
- How far back does "get yo(ur) life" date? I just heard it on an old Livin' Joy hit from the mid 90s.
- Not sure r41. The Skorpion Show is the first place I heard it, they may have gotten it from somewhere. Kevin and Makael starting saying it a couple of years ago and Tamar is friends with them.
- At 10 PM on Centric tonight you can see 30 minutes of a Tamar special. She's going to perform on it. It re-airs tomorrow at 10:30.
I like Tamar's album. She has the voice for big songs so I'm glad it wasn't all Beyonce-fast ish.
- I like how Tamar can sing contralto or soprano. People who don't know music don't understand how hard it is for most singers to change keys like that.
- "Get your life" is ballroom kid lingo. Tmmar hangs out with a lot of ballroom kids/queens.
- Tamar uses a lot of those catch phrases as strategy to get young people as her fans. She's 36, so she has to make herself appear not old. Her plan has worked big time.
"Get your life"
"You tried it"
All the ".com" ".org" stuff
"Lies you tell"
talking in third person
- Tamar is on the new cover of Ebony Magazine with black hair and I much prefer that on her as opposed to the blonde wigs:
- [quote] I like how Tamar can sing contralto or soprano
One is or isn't a contralto. One may or may not SING alto.
- Tamar and Ariana Grande in a TIGHT battle for #1 album. Both have clearly passed Nine Inch Nails and John Legend who also released this week.
- [quote]One is or isn't a contralto. One may or may not SING alto.
Ooh get us straight Miss r48!!
r47, that is the best I have EVER seen her look. That black hair is doing it
- Black hair looks better on Tamar as it softens her features. She said she wears blonde wigs because before her, her husband dated white blonde women. I also think it's because Tamar is envious of Beyonce but she'll never publicly admit that. I think it's silly for Tamar to wear blonde wigs for her husband.
- I think it's silly too r51. And her blonde wigs usually have way to much hair in them. At least if your going to go blonde, do it a reasonable length, like Traci did. Toni also looks really good with black hair, I loved the long, bone straight Indian wig she was wearing.
- agreed R52
- How did Tamar get pregnant? I mean, you know, since it's obvious Vince is gay.
Isn't Tamar known to be a ho? I remember rumors about her sleeping around with married men, including Toni's ex-husband Keri.
- I never heard those Tamar rumors. All I know is she said she was in an abusive relationship prior to meeting Vince.
The one thing I will say is contrary to whatever she says, she's clearly a gold digger. Yes, she is a talented singer and made some money doing backup for other people, but obviously she targeted Vince for his wealth and status in the music industry. He's not an ugly guy but no hot girl would ever fuck or date him if he wasn't a high-up music manager. Tamar's plans paid off and now she her album will debut at #2 tomorrow.
There's also a clip from earlier this year on Tiny's VH1 talk show. The ladies (Tiny, Claudia Jordan, skank rapper Trina and Tamar) were discussing what they like on a first date. Tamar and Trina were going on about how a man has to impress them with someone nice (i.e. private jets) while Claudia is more of the girl-next-door-get-to-know-someone type. The disagreement resulted in Claudia and Tamar throwing shade at each other and then continuing on twitter. Now they don't acknowledge each other and aren't friends. lol I'll post the clip later if I can find it.
- Rumor has it that Tamar fucked Toni's ex Keri and that initially, Toni fucked Vince first and then passed him along to Tamar.
Tamar also got a beat down when she slept with Michael Mauldin (Jermaine Dupri's Dad).
- [quote]I mean, you know, since it's obvious Vince is gay.
r54, Vince doesn't seem gay at all to me.
[quote]He's not an ugly guy but no hot girl would ever fuck or date him if he wasn't a high-up music manager.
Let's not get carried away here. Tamar is attractive, but her beauty is largely manufactured: the nose job, the wigs, tons of makeup. You remove all those things and they are equally yoked in the looks department.
[quote]Tamar also got a beat down when she slept with Michael Mauldin (Jermaine Dupri's Dad).
Who beat her down? No shade, but I would fuck Keri too. He is so laid back and sexy!
- Keri is quite hot. Toni's kids are going to be very good looking, though she was always hot herself.
Vince might be cute if he were in good shape but his obesity is disgusting. No way would Tamar have gotten with him if it weren't for his job. They met after he started managing Toni.
- [quote]Who beat her down?
Rumor is his wife did.
- The new season of Tamar and Vince is hilarious. Y'all need to watch it. Pregnant Tamar has more attitude than ever.
- I've been watching it. She went to town on that food last night.
- haha she really did chow down, but in typical Tamar fashion, decided she only wanted to try, not finish, everything she ordered.
The banter between LaShawn and Terrel is amusing. LaShawn needs to watch it though-he comes off as a tad homophobic, even if he's just joking. Terrel does a good job at putting him in his place with those weight comments.
- another song from the album, the lovely "White Candle"
- and the bonus track (depending on where you buy the album from), "Black Tears"
- I love her show. She's so funny. Watching it tonight.
- so fitting that she was featured on RuPaul's Drag Race lol.
seeing her in that tube top with her pregnant belly hanging out in that photoshoot was hilarious.
- Tamartians-Tamar is going to be performing in 36 minutes at the itunes festival in London! You can watch via the app on itunes...or I assume someone will upload it to youtube later.
Looking forward to it :D
- I haven't been watching Tamar & Vince...has Vince had an attitude change since they are having the baby? He was getting on my nerves last season with all that whining he does
- He's been teasing a very hormonal Tamar a lot lol and her assistant Terrell is a hoot too.
- Tonight was interesting...it's pretty annoying that Vince likes to crack pregnant fat jokes to Tamar despite being morbidly obese himself and also quite sensitive about fat comments directed his way. When the lady in the baby accessories store assumed they were going to have a big baby it was funny to see Vince's face.
We saw his health issues on The Braxtons so it's pathetic that he refuses to lose more weight.
Tamar was ready to bust in this episode! I think she was 8 months and I can't believe they shot "The One" video with her body looking like that.
Next episode is the birth!
- This week's episode was hilarious! The baby shower and Traci's wasted ass! Trina's PJ outfit?
Tamar is such a drama queen with the oxygen mask while she was waiting to go into labor.
Michael Braxton (the father) really is a selfish piece of shit. He of course made up some BS excuse as to why he couldn't come to the hospital until the next day...
The baby is born on next week's episode!
- awww...Logan Vincent Herbert is adorable. Tamar was such a drama queen of course. Vince is a drama queen too! Not wanting even his sister holding the baby? Get it together
- The video for HOT SUGAR is out and it is hot.
- Now, I love my girl, but that "Hot Sugar" video sucks and a lot of fans agree with me. I think Tamar looks really good with the wet hair style but that's about it...the dance moves aren't amazing, the concept is too simple and she doesn't lip sync well:
- Also, while it seems the team who worked on her video (known for their work with Rihanna) did her wrong, she can't put full blame on them. If she didn't like how the video looked, she shouldn't have released it. Here's Tamar popping off at the guys:
- I understand where Tamar is coming from with her disappointment with the 'Hot Sugar' video. It looks like two parties had very different concepts of what they wanted and it didn't come together. And the editing looks like it was done by someone in high school TV production class. What a waste of cute guys twerking.
But everyone knows that Tamar has a lot of creative control. When I look at her any of her videos, I really dont see anything about them that reminds me of her personality. It seems like either she or Vince picks up the phone and calls whoever is hot at the moment. It all falls flat because someone else has already done it. Its weird that with all the credentials between Vince, Lashawn and Toni that Tamar still really doesn't have a brand of her own.
- With this video, Tamar's worst nightmare of being called "a ratchet, second rate Beyonce" have come true. I'm a fan but this video is NOT the business and shouldn't have been released. When she pushed her ponytail with her hand instead of just swinging it with her head I was like gurl bye.
R76 it's difficult because Tamar has the vocals but she's not stunning beautiful and she's also in her late 30s. Her personality seems to be a mix of fun and sass but her videos are so bland.
- [quote]When she pushed her ponytail with her hand instead of just swinging it with her head I was like gurl bye.
r77, I think she would do better if she stopped trying so hard to be a video vixen that is in her 20s, or Beyonce (who is over 30 too), since you went there! Tamar is not even doing this for a living, so she might as well have more fun and stop with all these contrived videos.
- Tamar is old. Tamar looks weird with blonde hair and so much filler. Tamar has a weird husband who is probably gay. Tamar's gay husband named their baby after a character in a soap opera. Tamar's husband is gay.
But Tamar is a great singer. Tamar basically carried most of Toni's discography (listening back on Toni's songs, once i learned Tamar's voice I could tell that Tamar was the Jeckel to Toni's Hyde. The Toni records were basically Toni and Tamar Braxton albums, for which Tamar never got credit. Every emotional utterance by Toni on her songs were almost always countered by a beautiful vocal sweep with 312 harmonic components by Tamar.)
Tamar needs to not compete with Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki and other women like that. She needs to put herself in the elder goddess section of Celine, Barbra, Shania,etc. Her voice is beautiful. She is beautiful when she isn't all trying to look like a rachet version of Beyonce. She needs to bring back the adult contemporary genre, where songs akin to Vanessa Williams' "Save the Best for Last" and Celine's "My Heart will go on" (before it was overplayed) soothed your soul and made you yearn for more in your life.
This is my profession. This is my truth.
I love you, Tamar.
- I did the video vixen for most of my thirties.
- R80, very EARLY 30s and then you went crazy for the rest of them.
- Well, I'm still in my thirties... This was from 2008, when I was... 31.
- [quote]She needs to bring back the adult contemporary genre, where songs akin to Vanessa Williams' "Save the Best for Last" and Celine's "My Heart will go on" (before it was overplayed) soothed your soul and made you yearn for more in your life.
Ain't nobody got time for that!!!!
- I just don't think the sexy vibe is for Tamar. She is sassy, not sexy. I don't think most people associate her with sexiness. Now her sister Toni did subtle/classy sexy very well. Beyonce is good at the in-your-face-but-not-ratchet-sexy. Rihanna is good at sleaze-sexy-but-still-attractive-sexy. Tamar needs to have better videos in the future that represent her better.
- Maybe animated videos?
- lol K. Michelle and Tamar are obsessed with bashing each other. Check out the first page of this:
- I swear Vince is as much of a diva as Tamar.
Logan is going to be 1 spoiled brat. I just hope he doesn't take on Vince's eating habits.
Tamar looked nice with black hair during her Ebony cover shoot.
- Tamar was on The Chew today and it's clear she doesn't cook at all lol. All she grew up on was fried southern food but clearly she doesn't/can't eat that all the time.
She always gets nervous changing Logan because, as she puts it, she's afraid of hurting his "frank and beans" lmao.
- I watched KMichelle on the Skorpion Show. Both of these broads are too old and not famous enough to be throwing all this shade, it just looks tacky! KMichelle better enjoy all this attention, because once she leaves Love & Hip Hop she is OVER. K is talented, but Tamar will be set once the talk show comes back.
I've been trying to get into Tamar and Vince, but Vince just grates on my nerves when he is interacting with Tamar. Lashawn is hilarious, but Im not sure I like how he talks to Tamar's employee? stylist who is gay. Me thinks he is protesting to much.
- R89 his name is Terrell. I agree that LaShawn's treatment of him is annoying.
Next week in the preview it shows that Vince agitates Tamar so much she swats at him lol. I wonder what kind of fights they have off-camera...
- Tamar is so messy sometimes on twitter. I don't why she bothers replying to her haters lol. K.Michelle's fans like to antagonize her and like a fool she falls for it.
- I wonder if Tamar will come after Ashley Reid for asserting that Toni fucked her way to success...
- I agree, R89. Vince is the whiniest adult male I have every seen in my life. Everything she says is a problem and 99 percent of the time she's joking around. I know that some of it is shtick but not all of it. He's an overgrown, whiny, annoying baby. She definitely married him for his money and connections. He argues with Tamar like he's fine or something.
I kind of understand the adult contemporary comment. Music has become so vulgar that it lacks creativity. Artists of the past had to come up with creative ways to talk about sex and intimate relationships. Today they just straight talk about fucking, ass up face down.... That's why music of the past is so much better than most of the music today. And I'm saying this as a 25 year old.
- I watched the latest episode of the Skorpion Show, Kevin seems to be having a falling out Tamar over the K. Michelle interview. Tamar needs to stop being so petty, it's getting a little ridiculous.
- R92 I doubt Tamar knows yet. Can 1 of y'all who has twitter tweet her this interview and tell her what Ashley Reid said? Y'all know Tamar is NOT afraid of twitter beefs and neither is Ashley. It would be amazing to behold.
- Ashley is an idiot. Why even bring Toni Braxton into the Pebbles/TLC situation?
What's the time mark for when she brings up Toni because I cannot sit here and listen to the whole thing. She talks like a fucking idiot.
- Jesus, if you have to tell someone how intelligent you are and how you're above average... you're not.
- How old is Ashley?
- Late 20s, I think.
- OK, thanks. I guess I was raised very old-fashioned ( Southern born and raised parents) but I'm just astonished at how quickly and easily young people name-call and talk crazy to older people these days. They really shouldn't be talking like that to anyone but it just seems that young people today have no respect for older people and it's disturbing. I just wonder if they would say these things to their mother or father? Maybe the internet has emboldened them.
- I think it's funny that whoever those people are, they basically say TLC and Toni didn't really get screwed over by La Face and it was just them not being responsible with their money.
While some of that might be partially true (but everything I've read has backed up their claims), what I thought was funny was how they named off the artists who didn't have financial issues under La Face. All male. Go figure.
- All men? How pathetic! Ugh.
- R99 and R100 no, Ashley Reid is actually early 30s lol. Pebbles had her as a teen.
Anyway, in the interview Ashley slams Toni saying she only made it big because she slept with Bryant Reid, LA's brother. Bryant is actually a good looking guy.
Whether or not that happened, c'mon-Toni is very talented.
I emailed the ustream radio show link to bossip and they put it up lol. Now bossip and twitter are going HAM on Ashley again.
- I doubt Tamar will say anything publicly. She's signed to Epic Records, and that's where LA Reid is too. As foolish as it was for Ashley to diss the sister of someone who is signed to the same label her father oversees, it would be even dumber for Tamar to risk getting dropped.
- Who is Tamar's husband? Is he a producer?
- r106, her husband is Vincent Herbert, a big shot in the music industry. He has had a helping hand in a lot of music careers, mostly starting them.
I know this is kind of gross, but I wonder if Vince and LaShawn have done the nasty.
- That's a visual that we did not need.
- lol sorry r108, but everyone keeps suggesting Vince is gay
- LaShawn and Vince aren't ugly-if they both fucking got in good shape they wouldn't look half bad.
Vince especially is just disgusting to look at. He's so fat his lips and tongue flap when he speaks...all that damn blubber in the way. BTW this is his body AFTER losing weight when he had that health scare. He may have lost what, all of 50 pounds? Good Year Blimpy needs to drop another 150 at least...
- Tamar is releasing her christmas album soon.
Thoughts on this song "She Can Have You"?
- Very interesting to see LA Reid's cameo on the finale tonight. He was at her album release party, as he's one of the heads of Epic Records, the label Tamar is signed to. It was weird seeing them be so friendly, as Toni isn't on good terms with LA, at least not according to her VH1 Behind The Music episode.
Now we know why Tamar didn't say shit this week when LA's stepdaughter Ashley made those comments about Toni.
- Tamar on Tom Joyner yesterday
- Really Tamar? You love 2 Chainz that much? wow
- I think "Love and War" has somewhat of an adult contemporary vibe to it. I know it's contemporary R&B but truthfully speaking those two genres aren't mutually exclusive and are pretty much the same thing ( Ballad heavy, synthesizers, drum machine...). It's just that typically adult contemporary= Hey! I'm still here, remember me? Over here! So someone like Tamar wouldn't want to be associated with adult contemporary in any way.
- A lot of people complain about the state of modern music and I most definitely understand. Many people believe that commercialization and greed are to blame and I tend to agree.I believe that commercialism, greed and desire for more and more profit killed authenticity, creativity, originality, and quite frankly, variety in music. I'll use Hip Hop as an example ( I know that Hip Hop is constantly bashed here by the usual suspects, but I think that this is an important point). People who aren't as familiar with this particular genre are probably completely unaware of the large number of sub-genres that Hip Hop contains.
It may be hard to believe but there is a Hip Hop sub-genre called Rap Opera,we also have Nerdcore Hip Hop ( which is pretty fun. A lot of PH.D rappers. It's pretty popular with Hipsters who aren't really popular here), Jazz Hip Hop, Political, Progressive, Conscious, Hip Soul, Country-Rap, Rap Rock(though I think most people are familiar with this one) Hip House, Alternative, and on and on. As I mentioned most people are unaware that these sub-genres even exist and it's not their fault.
In the 80s and 90s, many of these sub-genres were well represented on radio and video air-play. We had Conscious/Political Hip Hop acts like Common, KRS-One, Public Enemy, Nas.... We had Comedy Hip Hop acts ( My personal favorite) such as Biz Markie "Just A Friend", Postive K "I Got A Man", Beastie Boys, Eminem started out in this sub-genre, Missy Elliot, Digital Underground "Humpty Dance".... We also had Jazz/Alternative, Hip Hop artist well-represented such as The Roots, Digable Planets "Rebirth Of Slick ( Cool Like That), A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Arrested Development ( Love, love love them!)....
The point I'm trying to make is that we had VARIETY. Interestingly, Comedy Hip Hop with its satirical and witty lyrics was the most popular sub-genre of Hip Hop in the late 80s and early 90s. This was until the big money train showed up in the form of Gangster Rap. This controversial sub-genre became so lucrative for music executives that it not only became the most dominant form of Hip Hop music, it became the ONLY form of Hip Hop music. Hip Hop became synonymous with Gangster Rap and remains so even today. Hip Hop artist were required to conform and become a Gangster rapper. otherwise you simply wouldn't be signed and those who were already signed but didn't conform were placed on the back burner and eventually dropped from their labels.
There was no room for Jazz, Comedy, Political, Alternative Hip Hop music simply because these sub-genres weren't as lucrative. Therefore, commercialism and greed have essentially ruined and (exploited in horrific ways) a musical genre.
I just used Hip Hop as an example but this applies to all musical genres today. It's no longer about quality, it's about quantity and big profits. Of course I'm aware that commercialism has always had some involvement in the music industry; it's just that I believe that commercialism has become so extreme that it has led to incredibly stringent conformity which leaves very little room individuality.
Every artist is a clone of another. They can't be individuals because the artists are required to do whatever makes the executives the most money. Sex kitten female Pop singers are fairly lucrative right now. Rihanna has made many executives very rich, fat, and happy by being a sex kitten. She's proven that's it's very lucrative. Now it's time for Miley to make some greedy executives very rich by being the sex kitten they are requiring her to be. Artists must submit to a template that their record companies believe will guarantee success. They have very little say, especially early in their careers. Saturating the marketplace with a certain music style is very lucrative for record companies. But it's boring for us, the consumer, and of course the quality suffers. We also become tired of the artists because they never go away, because they are required to produce albums sometimes twice a year. I just don't see how this can be turned around
- Sorry my last post was just a massive rant that I needed to get out so I decided to write it here. So you guys can just ignore it. However, I have a question I hope someone here has the answer to.
About a week or so ago I came home and turned on the TV and there was the Queen Latifah Show ( I didn't even know she had a show) and there was an artist performing. This guys was amazing. He had an old school bluesy sound and he was playing the guitar. This guy was great, I was so impressed but I forgot his name. I'm hoping someone watched the show and knows who this guy is.
The Real has been officially RENEWED!
That means in the fall of 2014 it will be on daytime!
Y'all know Tamar will be getting into some mess with plenty of celebs in the news lol
- I am a fool for Ms Tamar! I couldn't stand her at first, but I have grown to love her like family.
I have even become quite fond of the sad sack Vince and no longer find him unattractive.
Heavy yes. But he could change that with a little Star Jones surgery.
- Hilarity! Earlier this week, a wannabe makeup artist gay called out how bad Tamar's makeup was in her now infamous "Hot Sugar" video. Tamar responded and was clearly annoyed but the best part is her makeup artist Terrell (the one we've seen on her Tamar & Vince show) got involved and traded insults with this random guy.
- Obviously I meant to add all this happened on twitter
- I've only seen her a few times on the net/YT etc. But the blonde hair she tends to have doesn't work her. She should try chestnut or something.
- Im also tired of Tamar with the long blonde hair. Every now and then is ok I guess for Vince, since he likes that, but otherwise it just looks ridiculous
- If you guys look a few pages back you can see Tamar's pic of a cover on a magazine with black hair (it was either Ebony or Jet). I like her more with black hair. Brown would be fine too.
The blonde look is tired on her, I agree. At this point, you would think Vince loves her enough with whatever color she wants. No reason for her to keep wearing blonde wigs just because he used to date blonde women before.
- well...that Soul Train Awards performance wasn't any good. and that outfit! smdh It's not her fault that her vocal chords are messed up but she shouldn't perform until they're healed (I know that will make her lose money but better than making people think she can't sing when we know she can) and get a better stylist. You're not Beyonce boo.
- Why is her voice fucked up? She hasn't had a busy live career, has she?
- R126 it happened sometime over the summer-she got 2 burst blood vessels. It happened just before she had to go on tour as John Legend's opening act, and of course the fall/winter is award show season. This problem couldn't have come at a worse time for her. We know she can really sing, but all her critics are having a field day with this. I agree with them calling her out on trying to copy Beyonce's image and style, but a healthy Tamar can sing circles around Bey all day.
If I were Vincent Herbert, I'd have Tamar rush to work on a new album ASAP after her vocal chords heal. That Christmas album is flopping. Her voice is taking longer to heal because she's still on tour with Legend and obviously she needs vocal rest.
- oh Tamar and K.Michelle...how long will this go for?
- On Tamar's new christmas album, she does an absolutely BEAUTIFUL duet with Trina. They cover that cute "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)". Trina has such a sweet tone and her voice is similar to Tamar's. Take a listen:
- Tamar's new video for "All The Way Home" is leagues better than the very ratchet "Hot Sugar" debacle video. My only critique is that most of the video takes place inside the house lol and the song is about thinking about someone on the way home...sigh...who comes up with these "concepts"?
Anyway she looks better but FUCK NO to Vince playing love interest!! He looks like a giant chocolate munchkin doughnut.
- [quote]My only critique is that most of the video takes place inside the house lol and the song is about thinking about someone on the way home...sigh...who comes up with these "concepts"?
LOL! I think its cute that Vince is her love interest. They might was well get their money's worth out of the house!
Im still mad at this girl for the Hot Sugar flop though. That song was supposed to put Tamar over the top.
- My favorite song on her album.