The 20 highest grossing movies of the year (worldwide)
9 out of the top 10 are sequels.
- What a bunch of junk.
- Such utter crap. Each and every one. I hate the idea of sequels now. The worst offender when it comes to unnecessary sequels, the Hobbit, isn't even on the list.
- The Hobbit's a prequel...
- I loved The Avengers! It definitely deserves the #1 spot.
- Yes, but my main grievance is with The Hobbit 2 and 3, which can be considered sequels to the Hobbit 1, R3.
- So many forgettable animated films.
- R4, Thor and Ironman I were far better written and funnier than The Avengers. Note the number of cartoons and "family friendly" offerings.
- The Hobbit was #10 on the list.
- The Avengers is stunningly overrated and formulaic crap.
- You're right. I didn't see that for some reason. I only looked at the first 9, which were terrible. The last half seems a bit more diverse.
- Will any of these films be remembered in 10 or 20 years from now? No.
Cinema = RIP
- As recently as 2000, just 1 out of the top 10 movies worldwide was a sequel...
- By 2007, 5 out of the 10 were sequels.
- Actually you could say that 10 out of the 10 top movies are part of a franchise.
DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery.
Talking to DataLounge servers.
Please wait a moment...