- I am a Larry Shipper, a Larry Believer if you will.
- Any word on whether Harry is still in the UK or gone to the US. Nick's in New York and Taylor was seen in Nashville yesterday.
- Thank you:).
- According to twitter Harry is still at Holmes Chapel
- Yeah, i agree we should ignore 'Q' EVERY post is predictably like the last:
"harry is not with grimmy and if you think he is you're an imbecile"
And she says this thread after thread?? It's so weird. She either has an agenda or is a total nutter. I'm starting asume the latter...
Not sure what to make of the celeb blogger tweets? does this person have any credentials?? Could they just be a celeb fanatic that has just started up a twitter and is repeating gossip we all have access to?! They said a few months ago that harry 'may be gay' and then later said how he and caroline might get back together?? If she knew that Haroline was real, why say Harry may be gay? And what's with claiming Haylor is real AND gryles is real?? I think it would be one or the other. She now claimes Harry is Bi??
AND what is this big bit of gossip? It can't be about Gryles because she says that is not secret and is old news so it must be someone else. But, if he hasn't cheated on Taylor and they have been 'going out for months' it would have to be something before her?? he said that 2013 will be a bif year for Harry, HArry has been a 'naughty boy' and twitter will explode? Has Harry got someone pregnant? Taylor??
BUT then why tweet the two questions about Gryles and none of the other questions?
None of the tweets have been deleted by the way and less someone saw other ones that were not posted on here??
AND finally, if Haylor had been going on for months, what was Conor Kennedy? AND why suddenly reveal Haylor now??
- To be fair that celebrity account is probably repeating gossip just to gain attention hence the mixed gossip
- Maybe there is some kind of compromising photos of Harry in gay bars or something.
- R9: nope. Won't be anything to do with harry being gay or bi. The press are not allowed to out anyone apparently.
It must be connected with a girl or drugs etc. Still it seems like cowell is powerful enough to stop stuff getting to the press that he doesn't want in the press so however scandalous, they must be ok with it? Although pregancy seems like the most obvious secret?! or maybe that harry was dating taylor whilst she was dating conor although how, I don't know as they were never in he the same place at the same time according to that poster NW3??
- For God's sake, where have you got the impression that the press aren't "allowed" to out people?
There is no point outing someone unless:
You have visual evidence; without this, it can all be easily denied, especially with someone like Harry, because his publicists can easily just say that whoever is kissing and telling is lying to get attention.
OR if you have the visual evidence, but you are offered another story with equal or at least heavy weight, which will sell you just as many papers/magazines/get you as many hits. Added to this, most PR companies have long-running agreements and relationships with the press, which they use to bargain with. So stories they don't want coming out can be kept at bay.
Added to this, it's pretty bad form to out someone in the press and it's very rarely done.
However, freedom of the press indicates that they have every right to report on a story such as this if they wish to and as long as it doesn't go against any injunctions taken out or doesn't represent an invasion of privacy (i.e. the pictures have to have been taken in a public place, where technically anyone could have seen/taken said photo, rather than in a private domain).
None of this is legal knowledge; it's simply common sense. I have yet to see anyone present some actual legal knowledge that proves the press are "not legally allowed to out people" and nor have I ever heard of that being true before.
Looking through the the "ask" section there is nothing to imply the author has anything but general knowledge, with very little knowledge of 1D I could have written as much. Everything is written as a personal opinion and they are all very vague answers. Even the things they said months ago have not any way been proven since so I think one can take what they are saying with a pinch of salt.
There also seems to be no reason to connect the tweet about something happening in the next week to the tweets' about Harry; they just are adjacent on their twitter feed.
- I noticed that, c, about the tweet not necessarily being linked to the Harry one.
Yeah, it seems this person doesn't actually have any inside information, but time will tell I guess.
- R11: wow that was am impassioned reply! The mirror journalist said that you are not allowed to discuss someones sexuality unless they have come out. If that is true, I', sure it extends to print journalism. what ever it is, the cleb gossip tweeter is saying it's massive and presumably will be coming out on sundaY? I agree with you though that what ever comes out would be with the blessing of the 1D camp so i'm stumped. Pregnancy or an infidelity seem the most obvious choices but would they allow that to come out!?
- harry has been MIA since boxing day night.I know his sister said they were on a road trip but someone would have tweeted if they had seen him. reckon he has snuck off somewhere. but if he went to see taylor i doubt they would be hiding away. they haven't so far. i reckon the only reason they were not seen for the last part of the skiing trip wss because of chin accident. i wouldn't be surprised if a papp exercise was planned with bieber and gf and the two of them but cancelled when harry had his accident, grimmy def flew into NYC. someone was on his plane. wonder if he is still there.
- More to the point - would Taylor have gone skiing if pregnant? I assume it's early days but she's young and it doesn't seem like the best idea. And she's got a tour coming up but there's been no rumors of her potentially cancelling dates which likely she would if pregnant.
- R15 - by them saying road trip I assumed that they were just driving from Manchester back to Gemma's university or back to HC - not an actual road trip. Harry's yet to make a flight without someone spotting him on one end of the trip so I assume he's still in the UK though likely headed for JFK sometime soon.
- what about caroline? the celeb twitter woman retweeted a tweet from harry to caroline from last year about a week ago? bit random?? could have shagged her before hooking up with taylor.
still can't believe these woman would be happy shagging harry knowing he is or has been shagging grimmy though which this woman says is def true???
- Val Teasdale posted a thank you to Harry for a krispy kreme doughnut a couple of hours ago, so my guess is that Harry is visiting them (Lou/Tom/Val/Lux) in Hull today.
- I'm starting to wonder if Harry's in Nashville. Taylor has said she doesn't want to get married or have kids in her young 20s. She's highly ambitious and career-driven.
"you are not allowed to discuss someones sexuality unless they have come out"
Ever heard of Tom Cruise and John Travolta??!
"AND finally, if Haylor had been going on for months, what was Conor Kennedy? AND why suddenly reveal Haylor now??"
Harry and Taylor went on a few dates in April, reconnected in September and started dating again in October. Taylor last saw Kennedy in mid-September and presumably broke up with him in person. When the split was reported in October, the source said it had happened "a while ago".
Harry and Taylor's relationship was 'revealed" when they decided to go public. Their level of fame (particularly Taylor's) is such that if they appear in public together, people will tweet about it or take camera phone pictures. When they first started dating, Harry told Cosmopolitan that he liked someone but wanted to keep it low-key until he was sure it was going somewhere. At that time, they hung out at each others' houses and friends' houses. When they went to New York, they obviously felt confident about the relationship's medium-term future and decided to go public.
- R20, they were hardly in the same country at any point during these past months until they went public...and when they were Harry spent the whole weekend with Nick.
- There's a decent timeline here. I'm interested to be shown any holes in it.
- I had a look back at some of the tweets by the bloke who replied to that the celeb blogger's tweet because I wondered why he'd commented. He has worked on lots of interviews and in tv but maybe of interest that he has briefly worked at r1, was at the Cosmo awards (but not sure in what capacity) and worked on CIN stating 2 of his exs were there that night. He also currently has a bf.
- Everything you describe was fed to the public by the carefully crafted PR campaign. This started to be leaked to the press and then the public from mid october. if they had REALLY only started to see each other privately at this time, they wouldn't have immediately started leaking stiff to the press. If it were REAL, they would have waited to see how things developed and then maybe gone public. Harry stated he liked someone in October. they were not in the same country for more than the odd day between september and december. Can't have been doing that much 'hanging around friends houses' ?? And why were aquaintances of harry and grimmy saying that they were still 'together' in mid november??? If you actually had insider info, you wouldn't be on this site trying to convince people. No one over the age of 15 actually believes haylor is real. particularly after the ridiculous tattoo stunt that just so happens to mimic her latest single she is currently promoting...
- Sorry missed the fact the bloke also worked at teen awards and has a picture of himself holding what looks like an official teamgrimmy sign.
- R22: haha, is that it?! If you're getting your information from tumblr that says it all really!!
All that timeline shows is that they were hardly in the same country at the same time since march. Hardly an enviroment to start dating. AND all the little 'hints' from 1D and associates were public and obvious so the tumblr girls to pick up on LOL!
This is called PR love. Thanks for confirming for us.
- Wait, what? I never said I had "insider" information?
They saw each other numerous times in October and November - I'm not saying they were inseperable, just that they were dating and getting to know each other again (after their April hookups). Harry even got a tattoo based on one of Taylor's famous quotes about dealing with stress. Niall implied there was a juicy story behind the tattoo on the Late Late Show. And the boys have been teasing Harry about Taylor all year long in at least 10 to 15 different interviews.
They have been inseparable in December and it's delusional to suggest otherwise. She stayed with his family in the UK and he holidayed with her family in Utah. They barely spent any time apart.
Why is it all a PR campaign? Just because you don't approve or want to believe it's real?! Even when they go out separately, there are twitter reports and usually lots of twitpics (see Taylor's meal at Fido in Nashville last night). When they go out together, the media will search out those tweets and pictures because they sell as a couple. It's hardly surprising that paparazzi were able to get photos of them in the showbiz meccas of LA and NYC. Paparazzi only arrived in Cheshire after twitter hounding people who met them for days, asking about their exact location.
- R25, thanks. Seems increasingly likely that something has gone on between H&N. Also, they are obviously still seeing each other regularly. In what capacity I wonder though?
R27, are you an American 1D fan by any chance?
- R14 and others:
When she says "not allowed" what she means is that no editor of even the very bottom gutter press would allow a journalist to baldly speculate over a celebrity's sexuality WITHOUT PROOF, because it would add up to libel.
John Travolta is a very different kettle of fish - there have been numerous stories of his homosexuality over the years, to the point where it has become difficult to ignore.
I've never read an article commenting on Tom Cruise's sexuality in the UK.
Were there previous stories out about Harry, then yes, they could report on it. However, were the press to cite some tweets and "industry gossip", they'd be laughed out of town.
That is why they're not allowed. It would be a pointless and fruitless exercise and it would simply make the magazines look stupid - especially since they're the ones who have been pimping out his "ladykiller" image.
Before you cite the articles from the Daily Mail - those are not speculating, they are using innuendo, which can easily be taken as light teasing and having no basis, because they are fluff pieces on the website.
- Harry's tattoos are not quoting Taylor Swift: that's completely ridiculous. It's a reference to the Serenity prayer:
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference".
They've not been inseparable in December: Harry spent almost two full days NOT with Taylor while in LA (and since they hardly have time to spend together because of the distance and schedules you'd think he'd at least have brought her along to the Haim show). And they've not spent any time alone: they've neatly been able to spend time with their families while still accomplishing PR. When Harry was spotted visiting his Dad in Manchester while Taylor was in the UK "with him" there was no mention of her being there.
Harry/Nick aside I don't think Haylor can be read as anything but PR though they may have hooked up once or twice because of it.
- Harry's bandmates teased him because they were aware of the PR bullshit. Remember Niall and Demi? Same thing even if they didn't run with this story (seems Demi was not easy to manipulate).
- "I've never read an article commenting on Tom Cruise's sexuality in the UK." You obviously haven't looked very hard. I found the link below after a 30 second google search.
"Were there previous stories out about Harry, then yes, they could report on it. However, were the press to cite some tweets and "industry gossip", they'd be laughed out of town."
Nail on head. They would be laughed out of town because there is absolutely NO credible evidence to suggest they are anything more than friends.
And, no, I'm not American or a One Direction fan. I'm English and am a fan of Taylor. I do find Harry very charming in interviews though.
- R32, ha ha, a Swift fan was going to be my second guess!
The timeline you provided just adds to the view that this is all PR both in terms of revealing how little time they could have actually spent together plus, the overt teasing (A standard PR tool)
As for evidence re N&H? Short of an actual admission or photographic evidence of them being intimate you couldn't ask for any more evidence than there already is. But you're entitled to your opinion, and i have no interest in trying to change it.
- R32 - If you're not a fan of 1D and I'm guessing not a fan of Nick grimshaw then I fail to see your interest in this topic and therefore why you're bothering with this thread.
The general rule of thumb for "outing" someone in the media - is their sexuality part of a bigger story? John Travolta's sexuality has been mentioned in the media because he was accused of molesting a male masseuse. That article you linked about Tom Cruise is about an interview with Bronson and the homophobic comments Tom made on set. More recently his sexuality has been hinted at in the media because of the divorce.
Harry's been photographed doing the "walk of shame" with Nick the same as he has with Taylor but the story/pictures run for Taylor and not for Nick because of the touchy line the media has with "outing" someone. If Harry and a girl spent part of Christmas together than that would be reported but it's not because Nick is a man. All summer Harry would be spotted leaving clubs with Nick and friends but the articles would be about Harry and whatever female was there (like with the Pixie Geldof stories despite her having a boyfriend). Those photos are considered credible enough because he's linked to a girl.
On the other hand, you need MORE THAN CREDIBLE information to publish an article about Harry/Nick because you'd potentially be sued for libel (and that's if Hackford and Jones didn't pay you off before you even published)
And I agree with R31 - they teased Niall about Demi and Miranda Cosgrove and neither or those appeared to have been anything more that idle PR. Plus they even made jokes about him and Carly Rae Jepsen though later admitted in an interview that the pair hadn't even met.
- R32 - But the Guardian are quoting an interview with another actor so they are not in anyway outing him themselves.
I am a little puzzled though as to why a Taylor Swift fan would be interested in posting on a thread devoted to Nick/Harry though. In what way do you feel you can add to any discussion about their "friendship"; or for that matter without personal knowledge, which you plainly don't have, prove that Haylor is anything more than PR?
- Well, amusingly, the Mirror feel she might be moving on from Harry....
- I'm posting in this thread because I frequent this forum when I'm procrastinating and this thread has been popping up on the front page for a long time. It just annoys me that a thread like this exists on a forum for gay people. I genuinely find it sad.
- R37 Of course this thread exists on a forum for gay people, Nick is openly gay, isn't that the point?
- No one here cares about Taylor or Caroline or Eleanor or whatever female beards are "dating" the 1D boys. Only the gay speculation/gossip is of any interest.
- Hey, I like Eleanor, she's gorgeous! And she's a good beard (well, better than Taylor anyway).
- Cheers, Sweetie darling at r40.
- About the media outing someone,you have to have info as well as evidence to out someone but it is not illegal,Perez Hilton has outed a good number of celebrities but he usually does it in a rather sarcastic way so if in trouble he can claim that he was only joking etc.
The press have dropped quite a few hints about Nick/Harry but that's as far as they can go with the subject,if there is evidence of them being intimate then i suppose someone has it but keeps it hidden or the press dont want to publish it.They cant randomly post an article "Nick Grimshaw and Harry Styles are dating",it will be damaging on both sides and it would be nothing but a negative effect.
- Also 1D are apparently going on a long hiatus after their 2013 tour and they said it themselves on The Mirror that they would like to split up and reunite years later like Take That.
The way i see it they will probably announce their break up sometime during 2013/2014 and Harry will go solo just like Robbie did,the preparations for his solo career have already began anyway.If the rumors are true their contract with Modest expires in late 2013 and with Syco in 2014/2015 so this fits well with the split,i'm not saying it's gonna happen just that it is a possibility.
Sad for the other lads though,Zayn has a good voice and the looks he could have a solo career and maybe Niall too,Liam and Louis will probably disappear.
- I think that twitter account @jcrbitch is the personal account for the person that runs one of the 1Dupdate accounts? @1Dcentral
Aren't they run by teenage fans?
She also claims that Modest Mgmt emailed her after she mentioned the H&N rumours?
- L Girl half the 1D fandom claim that Modest have emailed them or deleted their accounts and they are lying 99% of the time.
And yes update accounts are run by fans ,what they do is make other fans follow the boys around and report their locations etc.
- I was actually pointing out that the twitter account that everyone thought was for a celebrity journalist is actually run by a 1D fanatic based in the states?!
The one making the claims about N&H, Haylor being real etc?
She also claims Harry is making an 'announcment' on New Years Day?
- So now people are saying that Harry was at Heathrow 5 hours ago. Maybe a trip to NYC?
- Someone posted a picture of Harry checking in at Heathrow T5, 15 hours ago. I hope he is not going to Mexico. Flack has just flown there.
- L Girl - BA Heathrow to JFK and Newark also go from Terminal 5.
- Harry checking in.
- So he is going to NYC as we all knew thanks to their people to spend NYE with Taylor,if Nick is also there,which from what we know he is,this is gonna be interesting.
L Girl- i believe there's about zero chance he is going to Mexico or anywhere else,the press have already started doubting "Haylor" again so i suppose he is going to NYC to spend time with her and remind us all how very much "in love" they are.
- How do you know where he is going? Unless you know what flights left T5 between 8am & midday today, I don't know how you would know he flew to NYC?
- L Girl R52 Noone knows where he is going and unless he is spotted somewhere we wont find out BUT all the rumors about him and Taylor and their time spent together have turned out to be true so far,we knew a couple of weeks before the boys headed to America that Harry would be staying till the 23rd as he did,we also knew Taylor would be attending MSG or the afterparty etc.
The rumor that he will spend NYE in NYC with Taylor has been around for a while and it seems to be coming true now so my guess is he is going there as it sounds logical and they need to confirm once again to the world how very much "in love" they are.
- Well I hope he does. N has definitely flown there (no idea if he's still there) but he has been exceptionally quiet about this holiday. He didn't even tweet he was going away, let alone where. That's unusual for him.
If it turns out they are both there at the same time and N has deliberately
kept it quiet? that's pretty significant.
We'll have to wait and see I guess.
- Even if they both turn out to be there i doubt we'll find out whether they met or not,i really hope they will though.Nick also isnt that known in America so if people have trouble recognizing him in the UK it must be way harder there.
He will probably stay for a few days in NYC with Alexa and then head back to England or maybe somewhere else like Puerto Rico as he mentioned in an interview,it is rather unusual for him to keep quiet about his holidays,i agree.
- So for the nth time this week Harry was outed by one of his "friends." The guy he spent Christmas Eve with just said on a twitcam that Harry was bi and that he had walked in on Harry giving Louis a blowjob.
- Post a link to the clip in the field that says Url, r56.
- He said if he got to 1000 viewers he was going to call Harry around.His friend, in the background, said “We had a falling out.” And then goes.. “Remember when he was sucking Louis off… you got jealous.”
So i dont know if they were being honest or just joking or said that intentionally.
- The friend is @Jakey_2904 by the way and he seems to be seaking attention,he is asking people to trend stuff etc.
- Link us up, you utter penis.
- Here is a link to the twitcam,no clips of the outing part yet
Someone asked said friend if Harry is gay straight or bi and friend said he is all three so to be fair i think they are just joking around for attention.
- [quote]And then goes.. “Remember when he was sucking Louis off… you got jealous.”
Sounds like fangirl-baiting to me.
- Totally joking then. He speaks like a plonker.
- The guy is obviously an attention seeker who isn't actually friends with Harry - he just took a photo with him on xmas eve. Harry may not even know his name. He can't know everyone in the village!
I think people give far too much weight to tweets here, when anyone can say pretty much anything for attention and followers.
Regarding Grimmy, Aimee lives in NY and has also flown out. He may well be staying with her, if he's still in NY.
- So, what's the story? Are Taylor and Eleanor both beards? Their relationships are exactly the same: spending a ridiculous amount of time together, going on a lot of public dates, people from X-factor tweeting about how cute they are, going on holidays, insiders who tell us how much they love each other, too much PR, no chemistry between the boy and girl.
I believe Harry is sleeping with more people than Nick Grimshaw alone. The other names (Louis Tomlinson) are probably just not mentioned in rumours because people don't know about it. Sleeping with your gay bandmate is probably easier to hide than sleeping with someone outside the band.
I think Harry's friend isn't even that close to Harry and likes the attention a bit too much. I doubt a real friend would do this.
- I agree,another of the guys who took a picture with Harry on Christmas Eve was pretending to be with Harry and did an ask session on twitter while Harry wasnt even with him as he was attending the football game at the time.
If they were really his friends they wouldnt out him or talk about his sexuality,it is obvious that they are seeking attention,especially since that Jakey dude is promoting his clothing line lol.
- What a pillock this Jakey is!
- R65 - Most people in this thread think that Louis is legitimately dating his girlfriend: the sheer amount of time they spend together is a little difficult to call PR on and she hardly gets any benefits from dating him except for possible monetary compensation which they could avoid paying if they just set Louis up with an up and coming artist who needs the PR.
- Agreed with R68 .There has been no gossip about Louis being gay or his girlfriend being a beard and from my experience bearing situations never stay hidden for long.The amount of time spent together is nowhere near as close to Haylor and of course doesnt imply that is fake nor do the holidays,dont real couples do that?! Everyone seems to be treating her as his girlfriend and even fans or random people who happened to bump into them somewhere public reported that they looked very loved up,unlike Haylor where people where commenting on their awkwardness.
Then there is the fact that Louis did cheat on his ex girlfriend with Eleanor and judging from recent twitter events she still seems hurt over this.We also hardly know what they are doing,and you cant call this info PR as Liam/Danielle have also gotten attention and may i say Danielle has definitely been benefited from dating Liam more than anyone.
Apart from Louis' camp ways nothing else implies he could be gay,and i know a good number of people who are camp but also very much straight and personally i dont always associate behaviour with sexuality.
As for media tweeting they are a cute couple,this happened with Niall/Amy too,journalists were reporting that Niall introduced her as his girlfriend during Xfactor and that she seems lovely and what a cute couple they make.We also got quite a number of photos from at least 3-4 of their dates and even a video while sugarscape and other media were talking about this new relationship.
Sleeping with a bandmate is actually harder to hide given the amount of time bandmembers spent around each other and also the amount of people surrounding them(PAs,PR,make up artists,any sort of assistants and even band members as in playing the instruments not their actual bandmates.)so if something was happening it wouldnt go unnoticed
I agree though that Harry's love life isnt limited to Grimmy if the rumors about him sleeping around with both male and female fans are to be believed.
- Harry's either in Nashville or NYC. Loads of articles have said Harry and Taylor were really loved up and all over each other on nights out, so I think you're picking and choosing what you believe. In the past month, Harry and Taylor have spent more time together than Eleanor and Louis, but you think they're real and that Harry and Taylor aren't. Hmmm.
- R70 you are the Swift fan who's been previously posting here,you really don't believe in H/N so why are you still here?! People believe whatever they want to believe stop trying to set us straight we already have Q as the "voice of reason" here.
- R70 You are the Taylor Swift fan and u also said it was sad we were talking about this on a gay forum, while Nick is gay, the reason we believe Louis relationship is real is because there has never been any rumors that its not or that he is gay except from teenage girls who think hes in a relationship with Harry, while with Harry and Taylor some insiders have said it is PR and there have also been gay rumors around Harry and that he is some how involved with Nick since late 2011. As for articles saying they were all loved up, those quotes are from insiders, anyone can feed anything to the press, just like the press is saying Harry is in love with Taylor and that they would get married next week.
- There are as many gay rumors around Louis as there are around Harry - the gay fanfiction all started because of 'Larry'. No reputable gossip outlet has questioned Harry's relationship with Taylor, just teen-oriented, low-tier outlets who are trying to appeal to One Direction fans. The news about them being all over each other came from People.com, the most reliable gossip outlet in the world. The report came from a bystander at the bar they were at.
I know you don't want to me to post here because you don't like obvious truths being pointed out.
This pap agency is intending to follow Harry in NYC and says there was no advance warning of his arrival. He believes the relationship is real and laughed off the notion of a shadowy management figure pulling strings. Because it is, y'know, FUNNY.
- Wow stop talking shit about me behind my back, imbeciles.
- We know all of this, if u look back we have discussed all of the Haylor gossip, and no their are not any gay rumors around Louis that were not started by larry shippers, while there are tons around Harry that are from people who work in the business, and u cant seem to wrap ur mind around that, so I will not wrap my mind around Haylor, also Nick and Harry were doing the same things Haylor are doing now for months, but Haylor comes out of no were and ur oh so ready to believe that, give me a break.
- Sorry, , when they said "no gay rumors around Louis" they meant no gay rumors from people who aren't Larry shippers. The gay rumors surrounding Harry come from people in the industry. The gay rumors around Louis come from girls on tumblr who get excited when they see ~boykissing~
- r73 This is just a thread full of shippers, no one who wants to legit figure anything out. Either you're leaning toward H/N and talking it up/looking for clues or you're biased. Because H/N folks aren't biased. At all. So they are going to argue against everything you say and try to discredit your opinions.
- Louise is so beautiful that he must be gay. He's my favorite OKAY?
- 247papstv is reporting that Harry is in NYC and that they will be on him he entire stay starting later today--PAPs were called in advance.
Also what do people think about the number of times this week (3 or 4?) someone affiliated with One Direction has outed and then recanted about either Harry and implied Louis being gay?
I don't know the deal with Eleanor but for some reason she has been promoted by her full name since the day she started dating Louis.
I heard she may be related to an industry bigwig. Maybe we are seeing a new power couple who will be movers and shakers in the industry in the future.
Since they started dating, articles about Louis were titled with both his name and her name even if the information was strictly about One Direction achieving a new milestone or something work related for him. That's what makes me feel PR is involved regardless of their relationship status. For me if he says she's his girlfriend then she is although I don't think that's the whole story. This wasn't done with any of the other girlfriends including Perrie Edwards of Little Mix.
- R73 - I have no problem with you posting here; it is an open forum and unless you are actively offensive you are welcome to express an opinion.
However please don't think in any way you are pointing out "obvious truths", because you are not. Nothing you have reported has been anything more than information given to the publications by a PR company, because that's how publicity works; it does not actually make it true.
- Q what are u talking about, ur the biased one from day one u have never been willing to believe that anything has gone on between Nick and Harry, me on the other hand if I was given info that disproved all of this I would except that, but u keep coming back here trying to tell us all were wrong just makes you look childish.
- Well, given that Louis is the least talented member of One Direction, he'd better hope that he and Ms. Calder can be industry movers and shakers once 1D is over, because if they can't, I'm afraid his prospects are rather limited.
- He says paps were NOT called.
"in the business" - No one with any sort of credibility or status has questioned Harry's sexuality. If they had, the British tabloids would have run a story on it. You guys have said yourself that the only reason the tabloids haven't reported it is because they don't have a reputable source to requote.
Harry and Nick have NOT been doing what Harry and Taylor are doing. Get back to me when there are pictures of Nick and Harry walking around holding hands or reports from reputable outlets of them kissing publicly and passionately.
- R83 You really need to read throw all of the treads, than come talk to us.
- God 81, it's such absolute BS that I've never been willing to believe anything. All I've done is argue against people being stupid about their own "obvious truths." You can take it how you want, and obviously that's going to be that I'm totally against your cause. Fine, I don't care anymore, but your point is baseless.
- R79 noone knows anything about her family and i doubt they are well known,posters like N16 and NW3 who seem to know people have stated that Eleanor isn't related to anyone of the Calders in London who happen to work for the industry.They also knew things about Amy Green(her full name has been used like Eleanor's etc)and her family and how she met with Niall so i believe their information was correct.
I doubt there is a major plan behind L/E,they've been together for over a year and nothing big has happened so i doubt it will in the future.I think both have given more attention than needed to be honest including young fans who have for some reason made this girl their icon.
As for the guy who "outed" Harry,he isnt related to the boys or in the known he just stalks them and take photos,he used to "co-work" with those update accounts run by teens on twitter and provided them with info on the boys' location but he somehow made a "name" for himself and now he is pretending to be important.
- "Pictures and reputable reports" is the key phrase.
- Q so is yours.... and u do not argue against people being stupid u argue against everything
- Right, [R83], because shopping at Waitroses and going out for dinner and karaoke and walks of shame are things that never happened between Nick and Harry except for every single time they hung out from November of 2011 until, uh, two days ago.
The only "point" you have is that they never publicly held hands or kissed, and I'm pretty sure that point can be addressed by the fact that Harry is a popstar and it would have negatively impacted his career to be seen doing those things because our society is largely homophobic, especially when it comes to an 18 year old and a 28 year old.
- I argue against fanfiction and projection, and there is a lot of it around.
- Shopping, dinner, karaoke and staying over are all things that I have done with members of the opposite sex in a purely platonic way. Obviously, if Nick and Harry had been photographed holding hands or kissing, I might look on those other activities in a different light, but they haven't so I won't.
Harry has proven he doesn't care what the media think about age differences. Times have changed with regard to gay popstars - a large section of One Direction's fanbase would be completely overjoyed if Harry was gay. Anyway, Harry doesn't seem to give a shit about gay speculation - his Call or Delete suggestion was evidence of that. Louis is much more defensive about the rumours.
- Harry may not care about age differences, but the public certainly does- especially in homosexual relationships, where there's still an unfortunate association by the masses between pedophilia and homosexuality.
- Either Harry is terrified of homophobia and is closeted OR his One Direction bandmates make innuendo when speaking to Nick Grimshaw on national radio in an attempt to subtly out him. Chose a party line and stick to it, please..
- R91 obviously ur not going to change ur mind so there is no point in disusing this topic with u anymore
- R91 I think Swift fan is rather upset by the possibility that Taylor's new boyfriend might be gay,it's ok sweetheart it's probably not the first time and she will sure make another successful album out of this relationship so no reason to get upset :)
If you really think that H/N will walk around hand in hand kissing then you probably live in a perfect free of homophobia and prejudice society.Even famous couples who are out and proud dont do these things and are rather careful when it comes to their social interactions.
- R95 that is a good point and very true about gay couple that are out, I never thought about that.
- ^ Ha, could you possibly be any more patronising?!
- How is that patronizing? I said I wasnt going to talk to u anymore not everyone on the thread.
- R97 i'm just being honest,Taylor DOES make albums out of her relationships and i think we can all agree that at least her relationship with Taylor Lautner was complete PR to promote that Valentine's movie and that Lautner is most likely gay.
Again,if you are so sure about H/T then why are you wasting your time here? You won't convince us and we wont convince you.This is just turning into another waste of posts.
- If no one can be swayed or convinced either way, what is the point of any conversation on any side? Are we just repeating ourselves over and over? Hint: yes. So, if you want to converse you need to be open to another side's opinion without assuming they're out to shut down your fantasy and all that it loves.
- Do people here understand confirmation bias? If you don't, here you go... worth a read.
- Q, please go and and tweet all the 'stupid' people in the industry who have tweeted that they 'know' for a 'fact' that N&H are/have been sleeping together. Tell them to stop writing 'fanfiction' . Not us. I'm sure they would love to know why you think they are lying.
These are the people creating these 'rumours'. We are just trying to establish if there is any truth in them.
Stop harassing us. You are not 'the voice of reason' You are rude, obnoxious, arrogant, immature and utterly obsessed with trying to convince this thread that H&N are not and have never been involved.
We have heard your view a million times now. We get it. We just don't care.
- The pap guys have tweeted that someone they know spotted Harry at JFK earlier.
However, as Harry is regularly spotted all over the world, simultaneously, it might mean nothing .
I hope he does turn up there. Anywhere but Mexico. Surely they wouldn't let him join Flack on holiday whilst he is supposed to be 'dating' someone else?'
- I think Confirmation bias is happening on both sides.
- R104, absolutely.
- L Girl, I think you are extremely naive. Please leave me alone.
- Q we will leave u alone in u leave us alone... I think thats a fair trade..
- I am the one getting named in every other thread, there is a difference.
I am not niave. I think there is as much chance that Harry could be with Flack or an unknown girl as there is that he could be with Nick. Despite the fact that there are only rumours to support a relationship with Nick.
If information presents itself that suggests 'Haylor' is not PR, I'd happily change my mind. As of yet, I've seen none.
As for leaving you alone? I ignore the majority of your posts as they are boring and pointless but when you bait the thread by calling people 'stupid' you need to be 'called out'
You are a very unpleasant person. Please leave us and the thread 'alone' You're becoming a bully.
- What would make you believe Harry and Taylor's relationship is not PR?
- I am not calling you naive for believing in any particular relationship, just for using gossipy tweets as any sort of evidence, and they keep getting brought up. I'm not here attacking you by saying you're being naive. No need to be so dramatic. As I've said before, I have no idea who he's with and not much of an opinion.
- Without a doubt, L Girl is the most insistent, prolific troll in the history of DL.
She posted, day and night, on the Louis's ass threads until she and her ilk killed them with one photo.
Other than David E., has anyone posted so obsessively on DL?
I once troll-dar-ed her on one Louis thread and she wrote over 250 posts. Long, repetitive posts. On one thread not yet finished.
This sick cunt needs help. If Harry is worried about Taylor...
- I'm fond of L Girl. Though I do miss the Louis's ass threads.
- Q, I didn't accuse you of attacking me for being niave. I accused you of attacking people on the thread, which you routinely do, by calling them 'stupid' 'imbeciles' 'shippers' 'jerks' 'tin-hatters' ' fanfiction authors' etc, etc..
You have your opinion, other people have different opinions. An adult would be able to accept that without falling foul to petulant tantrums complete with offensive name calling.
As for using twitter gossip as evidence, you are equally niave to dismiss it.
However, I bought it up in the last post as my suggestion was a serious one. If you are so offended by these rumours, contact the source directly. The industry tweeters. They are the ones spreading this gossip and claiming it to be true. Take out your aggression on them. It's pointless regularly attacking a group of anons on a private forum. And, quite frankly, bizarre.
- R112, wondered when you'd make a reappearance. So lovely to have you back.
I just want to work out If this particular rumour is true or not. If you have a problem with that, too bad.
Have a pleasant day.
- I never called anyone an imbecile, someone badly quoted me saying that so i mocked it. i don't even use that word. that's a bit extreme. and i might call people's actions stupid but not the people themselves. let's all chill out.
- and good lord I'm not offended by the rumors or the people spreading them, I just don't consider them hard evidence.
- R112, oh, and yes, I might be 'obsessed' with finding out if this particular piece if gossip is true but I'm starting to think you're obsessed with me.
You might want to think about that.
- Q you called people imbeciles in R74! You've insulted people several times before, it's not new and it's quite annoying.
- Q, if you tone down the condescension and demonstrate some open mindness, people, including me, will really value your opinions.
I just want to work out if the gossip is true (as so eloquently pointed out by R112) and consequently prefer opinions that are objective over those that are biased (even if they are bias in favour of H&N)
- yes 119, that was where i was mocking someone else for saying i called everyone imbeciles, which i didn't do.
- Okay, Q, I found the post you were referring to, so I take back what I said about you calling people imbeciles...but you have insulted people before and generally post rather condescending replies. As L Girl said if you try to be a bit more friendly it would be much more interesting to discuss this with you, otherwise it's just aggravating.
- So pixie, theo and Barnett? Is that pixie's boyfriend are about to board a plane and Alexa tweeted "hurry"
- it's definitely going to be a 'hipster circle' NYE gathering! And I will be very surprised if harry doesn't turn up in any of the instagram photos... but of course he has to take care of the taylor business first.. but who knows maybe he'll bring her along?
- Don't even put that thought out there, R124, haha.
- It's definitely a NYE/NYC hipster meeting as it seems and i'm positive Harry will meet up with them,not sure if he will be at the photos as he is supposed to be spending time with his ""girlfriend""
- N appears to be somewhere warm now:
- Don't understand the popping into NYC? Unless Aimee needed something? N/H meet up in NYC is off the table then!
- Are there direct flights from London to PR? I'm assuming they stopped over for a day then flew out. Might even be back in NYC for NYE - who knows?
- Awwwww...well maybe Harry can join them after doing his duty for NYE, haha.
- Maybe he's going there before NYE, r130...
- Nick is spending New York in Puerto Rico - there's no way he'd fly there for a 2 or 3 day break. Harry obviously isn't with them. In fact, they had probably left New York, after their layover, by the time he arrived.
- Nick just tweeeted about his holiday, putting an end to the conspiracy about his 'twitter silence'
- Maybe, R131. We can dream anyway until we're faced with more Haylor, haha.
- Where did Nick going to NY originate from? He was seen in the Virgin VIP lounge with Alexa, but that doesn't mean they were on the same flight; there's only one VIP lounge in Terminal 3. It just meant they flew out around the same time. Was there a sighting in NY?
I thought it was odd that Aimee spoke about a Delta flight upgrade, as if they were both going to NY why would they fly separately?
There are indeed direct Virgin flights from T3 to Puerto Rico, for anyone wondering.
- I think the source was a flight attendant, NW3, but that could have been a mistake.
- Apparently he did fly into New York (see attached).
- Ps: Just checked - the Virgin Puerto Rico route seems to have been discontinued, so that explains the routing via NY.
- R136 & R137: Thanks - was wrong about the direct Puerto Rico route. I knew they used to do it as it was announced shortly after BA started covering that route. Wonder if he actually stopped over or just changed flights at JFK?
- Aimee has commented on Pixie's pic saying 'hurry up' - Nick went to Puerto Rico with Alexa and others last year too, if my memory serves me - I reckon they are all going there via New York. Maybe H too - no confirmed sightings of him anywhere but Heathrow yet...? I'll live in hope haha.
I'm going to keep out of all this fighting, but really the only thing to say is that if no one rises to anyone's bait there'll be no problem. This is just gossip, it's not worth getting your knickers in a twist over it really is it?
Hope you all had a good Xmas :)
- The idea of them holidaying in NYC was lovely but unlikely given he is supposed to be celebrating special occasions with his 'gf'.
Given that he spent christmas day and boxing day with N, they couldn't get away with NYE too. Plus it's a perfect PR opp.
Still, like N16, we can dream that he turns up in PR...
- Harry may well be in Nashville. It's a 2+ hour flight from NY, and Taylor may have sent her private jet to pick him up from Teterboro. I don't think she's been seen in NY, but I may be wrong.
- How long have the press stated that Harry will be in NYC? If he meets up with taylor and then suddenly goes MIA afterwards I will be inclined to think that he may have flown out to puerto rico? He hasn't spent a whole lot of time with that group of friends so I wouldn't be surprised if he tags along on the last few days under the radar?
- He's never gone on holiday with Nick or that group. On the other hand, he's gone on holiday with Taylor.
No doubt we'll find out in the next day or two...
- If Harry arrived in NY a day before Taylor then it isn't odd that the paps weren't called yet. He might have wanted privacy to visit with friends.
Plus, the pap who is everyone is quoting on this thread is freelance and obviously sourcing and replying to lots of 1D fans in hopes of getting info off of them so it's not exactly "professional". The same as the stupidfamous paps from last time - who banked off support from 1D update accounts.
Harry likes his privacy so he's not going to have the paps called on just him and the paps that will be called for his shoots with Taylor aren't going to be freelance nobodies. But if he's brought his security guard along like that pap reported hearing then he's not expecting a quite time in NY.
- Is there any reason people think N is in PR?
I've not heard him mention a destination or read any article that suggested one?
- I am only really a lurker hear, I ended up here due to an unhealthy interest in Grimmy that extends long before his friendship with Harry.
I enjoy reading peoples opinions about the various possible relationships between Harry, Grimmy et al. I admire everyone's ability to track twitter and other sources of information and spin them into viable stories and relationships.
I have no loyalties to anyone here, but in reply to 112, your provocation and attack on L Girl is wholey unnecessary. Whatever she may have posted in other areas, matter not and are part of her history, we all change our opinions with new information. Here she has only ever offered interesting potential relationship ideas. As suggested earlier there is a certain confirmation bias to her posts as she is clear in her opinion and wishful thinking, but aren't we all?
Your opinion may be different, but to resort to using crude language when you have run out of argument, demonstrates a lack of maturity and limited intellect.
Your opinion and objectiveness are welcome additions, but deliberately upsetting what is a fairly friendly thread, and being crude is not constructive to anyone or anything.
I was following N on twitter last year and I am pretty sure he went to NYC for NYE and then on to PR for a break before returning to UK and work too. Glad someone else remembers that too!
- There were no pap pics from Utah, so Harry is able to have a private getaway if he wants (and if he is able to). Had fellow skiiers not taken photographs we may never have known where he was those 3 days.
- R146 - I believe he replied to someone on twitter awhile ago who was talking about them going to Puerto Rico.
Also, about the paps being called: we've known for weeks that Harry would be arriving in the US on the 28th so someone's leaking accurate information somewhere.
And about the "Taylor and Harry looking loved up" articles = the only articles that say they look loved up have used "inside sources" or Mario Lopez.
All the people who have privately tweeted pictures of the pair said they couldn't really tell if they seemed couply and an article was even published with the owner of one of the places saying she didn't think they looked like a couple. So who seems more trustworthy? People with proof they saw the pair who use verifiable names or "inside sources" and Mario - in Simon's back pocket - Lopez.
For me there's little that will convince me of Haylor's viability except for time (they don't have to call the paps now = if they're in a major city they'll be found). If this lasts 100% of their tours then I'll reconsider. As of now I'd expect them to either break up just before tour or about three quarters of the way through for some added publicity.
- L Girl, he had a twitter discussion that mentioned Puerto Rico a while back and some newspaper said he had told them that was where he was heading.
- i think i remember the article was about Theo someone. I never heard of him before, but had seen him in pics with Nick before
- Here, L Girl:
- R149 - We might not have found out about their Utah holiday had they gone to a exclusive resort (the area has several - Justin and Selena weren't photographed at all even by fans except for at the airport. Since Taylor has a private plane they could have gone completely undetected) but instead they went to a less expensive place that is frequented by teenagers in the area - and sat in broad view (even elevated on the stools) where lots of people could take pictures. And in case that wasn't clear enough they took pictures with fans: group pictures so they would be in the photo together.
I'm guessing the reason we didn't have pictures of them later days is because Harry had his snowmobile accident and was probably getting stitched up in the hospital. Plus it seems like he flew home out of LAX so would have had to fly there sometime Saturday night or early Sunday morning so he could leave by midday on Sunday to make it home by the time he did. So closer to a two day trip than a three day one.
- NW3 - It wasn't really a private holiday in Utah though was it? It was all over the tabloids with details which certainly didn't come from twitter, even if they did use the photographs to look a little more subtle.
- NW3, as someone has said, paps are no longer necessary. Send two 'superstars' (particularly ones revered by teens) into a crowded area or better still a tourist holiday resort and you will guarantee instead publicising of the event.
Also (and this is pure speculation) I would have thought a pap exercise was on the cards, particularly with the arrival of Beiber & GF. However, H injured himself and was obviously very self conscious about it.
I will be shocked if we go much longer without some Haylor shots. They are overdue. We might even get a kissing picture but i still won't be convinced this is anything other than PR. Apart from everything else, H looks incredibly detached from T. That said, if this announcement being rumoured for NY's day is along the lines of Swift being pregnant, I'll take it all back!
Isis, thank you for your post. I offended poster R112 way back in the 'Louis' threads by referring to a couple of Larry Shipper's as 'fantasists' He went, quite literally, crazy and pops up every once in a while to have another go. I'm not bothered be him but your defense was very kind so thank you.
- X, thanks.
- They did stay in an upmarket area in Utah though. They were in private accommodation in a very upmarket gated community with a housekeeper and chef (all the houses there are worth millions). No unusual details came from the trip in Utah. Just that they dinned in two different places, information which would have been provided by the proprieters or fellow diners. They only appeared in public one day of their trip and Harry didn't have his accident until the night before he left (when he tweeted about it).
Now you're having a go because they ate in a restaurant?? Do you want them to be hermits?! They had their backs to everyone in the place, and Taylor's mother went postal when she discovered someone was trying to film them?
I think Harry is in Nashville - he probably flew there on Taylor's private plane after leaving JFK. Surely we would have had some sort of sighting by now if he was staying in a NYC hotel?
- I simply saw the Utah trip as a pre-xmas family holiday which Taylor invited Harry on, not some huge management exercise to fool punters and sell records.
Last year - at exactly the same time - Taylor had a 3 day pre-xmas holiday with her mother and brother on Turks and Caicos island, for which we got blurry pap pics. Again they didn't choose an expensive resort, but would you say that was also PR despite there being no boyfriend in tow and no record to promote?
- L Girl - there is no announcement going to be made! Why are you believing rants of 12 year olds on twitter.
Harry and Taylor weren't staying in the same accommodation with Selena and Justin and weren't seen with them during the trip. Instead, they were with Taylor's mother and brother, and perhaps her father too, although he still has a finance job despite Taylor's success.
So in order for a relationship to be real, they have to never be seen in a public place?
- R160, I made that comment in jest!
- No, R160, but when the "relationship" is over-publicized to such an extent, then a bit of subtlety won't do much to make it seem less fake. It's the whole package of the illogical timeline, her supposed "bearding" history and the very crude and obvious way their publicity etc... has been handled. In addition to the whole Nick issue of course. Any of the elements alone would not really indicate a fake relationship, but all this together makes it hard to buy this as anything more than PR. It's still possible of course, but so far I'm not convinced.
- NW3 - I had no idea you were such a Taylor fan; now I understand your comments from several weeks ago.
- "Given that he spent christmas day and boxing day with N" - Time to take another look at that confirmation bias article! Harry was with Nick in the early hours of Boxing Day. He didn't spend time with Nick on Boxing Day proper (they were at the same match but in totally different sections of the stadium and with different people). Nick wasn't bowling with Harry either.
- Don't you think the fact you've got all that information about where they were staying is telling enough?
They wouldn't have had to be hermits. Several other chalets offer better snow and are exclusive so they'd be less likely to be filmed. I doubt Selena and Justin stayed holed up the entire time but they managed to have no pictures taken.
And you don't know when Harry had his accident - his friend from back home seemed to already know about the accident when she replied to his tweet and he tweeted at 11am on Sunday the 23rd (around when he had to be leaving to make it back in time to arrive early on the 24th GMT) So it likely happened on Saturday if he went to the hospital to get stitched up first and then he tweeted about it while waiting for his flight.
- C - I'm not a Taylor fan, though I like her. However I am a fan of google ;)
- NW3, when you were telling us about their timelines, did you say you had been hoping that they would date or do I remember that wrong? I may well be mistaken.
- R164 - They may have sat in different parts of the stadium but they obviously met up at some point since a girl tweeted she saw them in the toilet with Olly.
- R164, i don't believe I specified exact time periods did I?!
As for my susceptibility to confirmation bias...
I find it far easier to believe that H could still be with Flack (and may even be with her on his holiday now) than I in believe in 'Haylor'
As I'd MUCH rather Harry were dating Swift than Flack, your accusations of confirmation bias don't really hold up.
- 168, I don't know but this make me laugh: a 14 years old girl being in the toilet with 3 guys. Were her parents there too?
- R170 - Was she 14? And I'm sure she wasn't in the toilet with them though you're right that it oddly reads that way, but likely saw them walking in to it.
- R167 - You are mistaken. Perhaps you could link said post?
I wrote post after post on threads 1-11 discussing the fors and againsts of the Harry/Nick argument and people seem to be trying to dismiss my opinion by hinting that I'm a biased Taylor Swift fan? Sorry if I've got that wrong, but that's how it's beginning to read to me. Best I explain my stance then!
So in previous threads people theorised that Harry might be bi, or experimenting. After his "think how much pussy you're gonna get" comment, that Zayn recording and stuff Harry himself says, it'd be foolish to dismiss his opposite sex leanings.
So assuming he is bisexual - why is it then so hard to believe that he can be attracted to an attractive modelesque multimillionaire of either sex? Male Taylor, female Taylor - if he's bi, he swings both ways, right? Why does an 18 year old hormonal boy who enjoys the trappings of fame need to be forced to date someone like Taylor Swift? He wasn't forced to sleep with Lucy Horobin, so why is it such a leap to believe he likes Taylor and wants to be in a relationship with her?
All Taylor's boyfriends have been tall-dark-handsome types, and most of them have been very famous heartthrobs. Why does she have to be forced to date Harry? Why is it such a leap to believe she finds Harry intriguing and attractive? There have been 11+ threads dedicated to his love life on this forum (not counting the other non-Harry/Nick threads) and thousands of posts on twitter, tumblr and various blogs. People certainly find him fascinating and alluring, but according to some posters here, not Taylor. No way can she genuinely be attracted to him. She sells CDs by the truckloads, sells out stadiums, writes all her songs and plays instruments. But hey, no way can someone like Harry be genuinely attracted to such a person. Therefore it has to be a PR romance arranged by their mananagement (ps: Taylor has no manager - she manages herself).
They go on dates, but they are not "dating". They spend time with each other's families, but it is not "real". What is a real relationship then? Larry fans think it is Larry because of the way they act together, and they do have a point, but there is far more evidence supporting them just being friends, which they typically discount. Everything Nick does with Harry he does with his other friends (sleepovers, Waitrose shopping, dinner, Groucho club, christmas, valentine's day, festivals, going to see him in radio 1). Nick has repeatedly said he is single, no good at relationships and thus prefers to invest in friendships. Which is why his friendships may come across as more intense than the average.
I haven't seen anything that confirms Harry is gay, just rumours which are just that - rumours. A rumour being propagated and repeated several times does not somehow make it true. However if Harry is in fact bisexual and him and Nick had/have a thing, I've seen nothing to support it being an exclusive relationship; no more than a FWB thing, if that. This leaves them free to date other people, and Harry I believe has chosen to pursue a relationship with Taylor at this point in time. What is his motivation for this? Taylor's persistence? Pressure from mutual friend Ed Sheeran on Taylor's behalf? Wanted a girlfriend after all the other 4 guys got one? Getting older? Bored of his current lifestyle? Wants to be part of a power couple? Wants to convince himself of his heterosexuality? What motivated Posh & Becks, Brangelina, Justin/Selena, Kimye? Who knows? We can't know everything.
Instead of dismissing it as PR, I choose to see how it all pans out. Yes it is a publicised relationship, but 1D are a highly publicised band and Taylor Swift is a highly publicised solo act. She has said time and time again that a guy who refuses to be seen publicly with her is a no-no, so we have to expect all her relationships to travel this path.
- Jesus, I've read a few pages of this, and the fact that this is already the 12th thread on this non issue makes me lose all faith in humanity. What a generation of tards' and amoebeas will inherit the world.
- NW3, did you saw pictures or videos of Harry/Taylor together? In your onest oppinion they seem like two people in love? If you say yes, I pity you, you probably never been in love with somebody. On the other hand to be so naive about how publicity stunts works and how much the people involved (see H/T) benefit not only financial (more sales etc) but as public image (1D is already seen as Harry and his sidekicks thanks to this little PR bullshit).
- I did not mean to accuse you of anything, NW3. I can't link to the post or I would have checked it myself, that is why I asked whether I was wrong. It may have been someone else and I got confused. I apologize.
You are of course free to believe that they are a real couple. As someone who doesn't particularly like Taylor, I would rather not until I am 100% convinced. Then I will find Harry less likable by association, which is not something I want to do so quickly.
- NW3 - I think the rumours about Nick and Harry's relationship status comes from so many people saying that they are "romantically" involved, both on twitter and on newspaper comment sections. I personally have a "writer" friend (mentioned several threads ago) who also has said this to me. Given that the people making the comments are largely photographers, agents, people working for newspapers and the BBC, people working in PR etc, not to mention those who have seen them in compromising positions, it seems very unlikely that there are all repeating blindly from one erroneous source. I have also heard that there is definitely an injunction, so it is very unlikely that anything could be published even if any newspaper did actually want to do so.
Now obviously if you want to believe that Harry is in a relationship with Taylor you are free to do so, but repeatedly making that point does seem a little redundant. As to you being dismissed as a Taylor fan, your comment alone "she has said time and time again" would indicate a level of interest far above most of the people posting here.
- NW3, my reasons for disbelieving 'Haylor' are not because I don't think he could be attracted to her (I've always assumed him to be Bi) or that it is impossible she could find him attractive? I'm sure she could.
The reasons I believe it to be PR are:
1) Nick & Harry gossip (the nature, volume and longevity of said gossip suggest real substance)
2) Nick and Harry's behaviour. Yes, Nick may do all those things with other friends of his but those other friends are not 'straight' teenage heart throbs.
3) The timing of 'Haylor'
4) The revealing and confirmation of 'Haylor' by syco employees (not to mention the oh so subtle hints dropped by Beiber, 1D etc)
5) The back story hastily created, unsubtly fed to the public and riddled with holes
6) The shameful and obvious promotion of 'Haylor' (I'm still laughing at the recreation of her trouble video at the tattoo parlour..)
7) The total lack of chemistry in any picture or film (and let's face it, there is a lot choose from) backed up by eye witnesses.
8) The permanent accompaniment of family and friends on every 'romantic' trip
And so much more that I can't be bothered to type.
I'm not saying it is not POSSIBLE they could be real. It is possible for all the reasons you state. I just don't think it's LIKELY.
Anyway, sick of talking about Haylor. Back to N&H..
- C, did your writer friend confirm the existence of an injunction or someone else?
A lot of random, non connected people have been saying this.
- Apparently Harry is in Miami with Nick.
- Really, R179? How do we know this?
- I agree with a lot of what you said NW3 and I would not find it hard to believe that they are sleeping together on top of the PR but I highly doubt it started off as a private, or even necessarily romantic, relationship. She certainly appears to be attracted to him and he is 100% her type whatever we may say about Harry's interests.
Were it not for the timeline issues, the obvious PR from day one, the weird PR with her song, immediate family meetings (and that Harry appears to have kept her far away from his non-work friends so far), the fact that no paper seems to be buying this and continued tweets about Harry/Nick despite common and excessive knowledge of "Haylor" then I might be inclined to believe it's more.
About Harry's interest in the opposite sex: since Caroline happened I've yet to see any compelling evidence he's still interested in girls. There have been no more stories like the ones from 2011 (there's never been a date given for the Zayn audio but I think I heard somewhere it might have been from their BTR tour though this may have been more recent) and the majority of the girls he's been linked to since have been friends of Nick's.
This is entirely speculation but: If Harry does have submissive tendencies like someone suggested a few threads back then it doesn't seem impossible that he would first sleep with girls his own age (the two girls in NYC that have been mentioned before), progress to older women (Horobin - if she is in fact not just grabbing at fame, and Caroline - if that wasn't just a showmance) and then move to men.
- The granting of an injunction is a matter of public record. So there definitely isn't an injunction. I HIGHLY doubt there's a super injunction (which prevents reporting of the very injunction) because it has to be a very grave matter, and the troubles with them last year show that that method doesn't work when it comes to celebrities.
- R174 - please don't pity me - I'm not the one in denial that my favourite 1D member may be dating Taylor Swift. Thankfully unlike you I don't judge people I don't know by photographs. And you must be either naive or very young to expect a couple of no more than a few weeks to be "in love".
R175 - I think people not liking Taylor has a huge role to play here, as I absolutely loathed "Haroline" and would still like to believe it was mainly for PR. However I won't dismiss other people's opinions on the matter as people on here tend to do (not you!) as bottom line is, we know nothing.
C - how is me posting once about it "repeatedly making the point?" And what's the point of a discussion forum if only one opinion is allowed?
L Girl - That's fine. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's and I agree with some of the points you've made. However this thread is not "the Harry and Grimmy shipping thread - no alternative opinion welcome". When there's evidence supporting Harry and Nick, I'm just as interested as when there's evidence supporting Harry and Taylor.
- re Miami - could be chinese whispers. People were speculating as to N's location when he posted the pic today. Now all of a sudden it's turned into a "fact".
- R179 - Yes, I have noticed that! It seems that the thought process is along the lines of "Nick and Harry arrived in New York, Nick posted a photograph of palm trees, so Nick must be in Florida as they have palm trees there, Harry is obviously with him, therefore Nick and Harry must be in Miami." It's twitter chinese whispers gone mad.
L Girl - a different source but at the same party (and part of the same conversation).
- Yeah, I would like it to be true, x, but I think we need to wait for some confirmation, haha.
- What's suspicious about Bieber talking about Taylor's crush? That was 8 months ago. This must be the most highly orchestrated PR stunt in history, if that was a plant. What's suspicious about 1D teasing him about her. They did the same with Perrie Edwards.
What's suspicious about their backstory? They hung out a few times in April - Bieber confirmed that at the time. Please tell me what the holes are.
Lots of eye witness have said they were very touchy feely. The pub owner said they didn't look particularly couply but we got a twitter picture of Taylor with her arms wrapped around him so maybe there were being discreet when being watched. I think they look good in photos together. And don't forget that this is a new relationship and they are young - imagine the usual awkwardness and 'newness' of a relationship, and then imagine the world's media looking at you.
What's wrong with them spending time with their families. They've both said family is something that's very important to them. They've also spent a lot of time alone. I like that they're integrating each other into their lives. Taylor has introduced him to a lot of her friends. Taylor has met his bandmates and their girlfriends, and met his hometown friends like Jonathan, who started following her on twitter when she was in Holmes Chapel.
- [quote]I HIGHLY doubt there's a super injunction [...] because it has to be a very grave matter
Does it really? Here's an example that doesn't sound that grave to me(though admittedly I don't know anything about the details).
- NW3, I agree with you. This is not exclsusively a 'Grimmy & Harry shipping thread which is why I share my views on Haroline. I was just pointing out that it is possible to agree with some of your points whilst still reaching a different conclusion.
Of course alternative views are welcome. I'm glad you're back.
R182, why is it 'unlikely' that a super injunction has been passed? They have been passed for more trivial reasons than this.
- Someone on Twitter claimed that they saw Harry in Miami hence why people har saying they're there.
- R181 - I'm inclined to see it that way too. I'm not 100% convinced either way in all honesty, though I lean towards them (H/T) trying to work out something. All Taylor's relationships seem to be very intense. Harry's male friendships also seem to be intense. Nick's friendships in general are intense too. It thus makes it difficult to apply everyday rules to them.
I was the one who posted the submissive theory a few threads back which I still believe, and it's another reason why I think he may be attracted to what he perceives as a strong successdul woman. Which is a recipe for failure considering how needy TS seems to be.
But your viewpoint in the last paragraph is very interesting. I will give it some thought and see how it fits in with where I stand right now.
Fabulous post, sums up my opinion too.
I am intrigued by the N/H rumours, they always look like they are having fun, but I am open minded enough to see that Harry could easily be pursuing a real relationship with T.
Everything might look PR and awkward at the moment, but he is eighteen and this could be quite a new relationship. Whoever looked coupley and comfortable on their first few dates? Especially with the world of gossip waiting on your every move.
- C, thank. Did they strike you as being sure? R182 seems to think they must be mistaken?!
R187, I'm not going over it all again, I've explained each point before. Lets just say I've seen enough of this type of thing to recognise it.
- Thanks L Girl - sorry if my reply was a bit sharp!
That's OK, you don't have to be here...
- "Does it really? Here's an example that doesn't sound that grave to me(though admittedly I don't know anything about the details)."
Yeah, you obviously don't know anything about them. In that linked case, he lost his appeal to keep the super injunction (which is how we all read about the details...)
- R182, R188, my friend used to work for a large newspaper group. She has told me about super injunctions relating to far more trivial matters than protecting the sexuality of a young lad.
- NW3, no problem. I like a good debate!
I also agree with all of this, That's why I come here, other people's informed opinions!
I shall continue to sit on the fence and see what story unfurls over time:-)
Thank you for all your research, twitter stalking and pictures, its all good fun!
- L Girl - well they said it as if it was true, however they don't work in the legal department so it entirely possible they were paraphasing and it was just a story that was not going to be touched, rather one which could not be legally. Oddly since that conversation I have seen tweets about an injunction, so it may actually be more of a gagging order.
- RE: Super injunction. If Harry/Nick started up back in October/November of 2011 then Harry would have been under 18 and in the US would be considered a minor (not sure if the legal system works the same in the UK) and so the probability that a Super Injunction would be allowed seems higher because it would be protecting a child from excessive and possibly harsh media attention.
Also - if it's completely unrealistic to have an injunction / super injunction then why would these people who work in the media be suggesting there is one? And just because a regular injunction is public doesn't mean it's easily accessible. It's possible to completely bury it in the system.
- Cheers Isis! (R192)
R187 - They did meet twice in March/April, but I actually agree that the back story (that they briefly dated) which came out in october seems a tad suspect. However I believe the story was conjured up to make good girl Taylor mutually breaking up with Conor (i.e. dumping Conor for Harry) seem more acceptable. Similar to the story about Louis, Hannah and Eleanor, which sidesteps the fact that there was significant overlap between the 2 relationships. Allegedly.
- Re a super injunction, I've seen enough tweets and comments to suggest there is some type of 'ban' or 'gentleman's agreement' in place to prevent the topic being reported on.
More over, the tone of the reporting and obvious avoidance of ALL incriminating photo's supports this.
However, I agree with 'C' that it might not necessarily be an actual super injunction. This is a recent buzz word that I think a lot of layman have adopted as an umbrella term for any type of gagging order.
That said, there is also no reason to believe there isn't one.
- Now someone's tweeted that H is in Chicago so I wouldn't put much stock in too many "sightings" right now. (This person is just stirring the pot, btw, as I'm sure many are.)
- Look, stop citing these 'industry' people from twitter. No one with any kind of standing or reputation have said anything about this relationship. Super-injunctions are controversial and very closely monitored and if it was granted before Harry turned 18, it would have been lifted immediately afterwards. I don't think that an injunction would ever be allowed to hold for this long and for this reason, but a tabloid may still take the risk in publishing the story because it would be such a big newsstory. If they were affectionate in public or whatever and got caught, the courts would take the view that they were in a public place and so had no reasonable expectation of privacy. So, it's tinhating to think there's an injunction.
Also, with Ryan Giggs et al, there was public outrage and it was leaked all over the internet and twitter. In this case, it's just a couple of trolls and blowhards with no insider knowledge, if we're going to be blunt about it.
- R205, as I've said, I know of super injunctions passed for far more trivial reasons than this.
And as for the tweeters having no 'standing'? That's your opnion, not fact. I bet you are not even aware of half of them or their credentials.
It is not 'tin hatting' when people on here have been personally informed of this, privately, by a journalist. It's foolish to say it is.
- In the Ryan Giggs case wasn't the woman he had an affair with against the injunction? In this case neither Harry nor Nick would be against it I think. I'm not saying there is one, but it is quite a different situation.
- R205, one last thing. My friend that used to work in the newspaper industry also told me of stories Simon Cowell had 'kept out' of the press (not 1D related)
This happens all the time. It is not 'tin-hatting' or a conspiracy. But I suppose you are going to tell me my friend is a 'troll' or a 'blowhard with no insider knowledge' even though you know absolutely nothing about her like you know nothing about all the tweeters you keep rubbishing.
Constantly dismissing EVERY tweet, comment & personal anecdote that supports H&N as a 'lie by a nobody' is starting to sound rather 'tin-hatting' itself (not to mention desperate)
- A gagging order is an informal term for an injunction, folks. Super injunctions are intended to protect people whose lives might be at risk if their details were made public, such as child offenders. When the ECHR became applicable in the UK, celebrities started using them for trivial matters.
It's irrelevant that, according to your theory, Nick and Harry would both want the injunction. The battle is between the courts and the media. The problem with them is that it infringes upon the freedom of the press. The press last year revolted over these celebrity super injunctions and basically flouted them. So if there was a super injunction here, The Sun etc would publish the story regardless because it would be a massive story and a fuck you to the courts.
- "Constantly dismissing EVERY tweet, comment & personal anecdote that supports H&N as a 'lie by a nobody' is starting to sound rather 'tin-hatting' itself (not to mention desperate)" - There's nothing strange about my refusing to believe random tweets. If they were reputable people, the tabloids would run stories about their revelations. Randoms saying, "Gosh, there must be something going on between them two" or "My friend who works in media says there's rumors about them" doesn't prove anything. I don't believe them in relation to Harry and Taylor's relationship either, for the record.
- If there isn't a gagging order or injunction I still don't think the press would say a person was gay nowadays. Maybe 10 years ago.
I remember hearing an interview with a bloke who had just announced on tv he was gay. He said about 9 months before this a paper had info about him and he was on a tv competition show at the time and they discussed with him that it may help him in that show if he agreed to a story being printed from his point of view. The paper never printed anything even though he frequented gay clubs and he lived with a boyfriend. His boyfriend wasn't famous though so maybe there wouldn't be so much interest.
- I think it is strange. As is your unwavering 'opinion' that they all are disreputable and know nothing.
You don't know anything about these people. You don't know who 'C' spoke to, who they work for, what they do or how reliable they are?
But you seen perfectly happy to assume that although they said they are not 'allowed' to print this story despite it being true, they must be wrong and you must be right, bizarre.
For all you know, C could have been speaking with the editor of The Times (I know you weren't C, obviously)
You keep stating what a paper will and will not do but what you're saying is simply not true.
Go and put on one of your Taylor CD's and give it a rest.
- 'Go and put on one of your Taylor CD's and give it a rest.'
- R211 - Just look at Jaymi from Union J. There was plenty of information to suggest he was gay: he'd had a boyfriend for three years (who he was engaged to) that would tweet him while they were on xfactor and would visit often. Plus countless photos of him with his boyfriend. He'd performed at gay pride events and was out on his myspace and still nobody reported him being gay - in fact there were articles about him being ladies man leaving clubs with girls from Take Me Out.
It's definitely a different environment nowadays: Even Perez Hilton has mostly stopped "outing" people on his site - though he did, directly after linking one of his Haylor articles on his twitter, RT someone calling Harry gay.
If Harry and women are selling papers and that's the party line Hackford and Jones are going with then the papers aren't going to complain (though the UK papers have been insinuating Harry/Nick a LOT lately)
- "You keep stating what a paper will and will not do but what you're saying is simply not true." - My posts about injunctions are 100% correct. You were talking out of your arse about injunctions and gagging orders etc. and are now trying to backtrack.
"You don't know anything about these people." - Ha, that's exactly my point! You think just because someone has connections to the BBC (like, they could be working in the canteen), they suddenly know all the intimate details about Harry's sex life. I don't care who 'C' claims to have been talking to - who is silly enough to believe that kind of anonymous gossiping on the internet?! So right, I was at a party with Gordon Smart from The Sun last night. He said that Harry and Taylor are planning to get married very soon. He said everyone in the Sun office thinks they are the real deal and will be pregnant within 6 months.
"they are not 'allowed' to print this story despite it being true" - Where, pray tell, did you read that? If you're referring to the girl from the Mirror, she didn't say Harry and Nick were in a relationship. She did, however, say it was frowned upon in lots of circles to out people.
Make up your mind. Either Harry and Nick are being very indiscreet and their relationship is an open secret in London. OR Harry is worried about the possible damage to his career and is obsessively secretive about it.
- Why do so few believe Louis is part of Harry's equation?
It's not about Larry shipping. The same arguments used for Nick and Taylor apply to Louis up until early summer when we told that management clamped down.
Those who say nothing happened between Louis and Harry since Louis' girlfriend appeared are forgetting a lot of public behavior which some interpreted as them being intimate--more than casual friends. Buttplug. Noselick. Saying they still live together even after it was reported that they did not. Jealously moments when others were involved--Nick at Itunes. First week of Grimmy's show Louis letting listeners know that Harry was with him in the early morning during his interview. Flirting and touching in interviews including recent ones--do people pass this off as fake gay?
Until June they were stuck together like glue despite Nick. Then we were told that there was photo ban and they weren't allowed to be seen together outside of work events and generally they haven't been. Louis and Harry have couples tattoos and despite Louis' girlfriend the times we do see them together they absolutely still have a closer connection than the connection with the rest of the boys.
- R215 - Mmm, not sure I would have used Gordon Smart of the Sun as your example...
- I'm not back tracking about anything. I don't know the ins and outs of super injunctions but I do know of examples that make it clear that it is perfectly reasonable that H could have one.
I also know examples of stories that you say 'would' be printed that haven't.
I've seen sources that are reputable despite your opinion that none of them are.
As for anon's here or anywhere, yes of course they might be lying but you don't know that they are. I'm take into account that they could be but I'm certainly not going to assume they are.
You've made your stance on N&H quite clear and it is clear nothing will change your opinion I completely disagree.
I work in the media. If an editor in my company told me that there was a super injunction stopping her from writing about H&N I'm sure you would also dispute that. Clearly nothing will make you believe something is going on so why you stay on this thread is beyond me.
- R216 - what buttplug? I'm intrigued!
Louis and Harry were always very open about the fact that they were flatmates. I don't understand the significance. They've always been open about them being close friends too.
There is plenty of evidence that there was "fake gay" as you call it - stuff like the "I just bought an album with my love's face on it" and "we live together deal with it" tweets, and all the "mancrush" ones. If this was a secret relationship, why on earth woud they tweet stuff like that? Or talk about creeping into each other's beds for a cuddlein interviews?
If they were in a secret relationship I'd expect... secrecy :)
- What's this buttplug business?
- C, does your writer friend work for a magazine or a paper? (if you don't mind sharing)
- Aimee posted this on instagram:
isn't that photo from last years trip to PR?
- Isis - it says "one hour ago" so probably not..
- If Nick & Co flew to PR via JFK, it's entirely possible that H may also have done this which would explain the siting in JFK but nothing more?
I still think he is more likely to turn up at Swift's gig (too good an opportunity to miss) but if he doesn't, is this the next most viable option? I'm assuming he could holiday under the radar somewhere like that?
Anyone think he may have flown to Mexico to be with Flack & Sam Teasdale or am I alone on the one?
'If this was a secret relationship, why on earth woud they tweet stuff like that? Or talk about creeping into each other's beds for a cuddlein interviews?'
Have you never heard of making a joke of the truth? Sometimes it's easier to tell the truth while everybody thinks you are joking around. I think that's the best way to hide a secret anyway.
Harry and Louis could completely be who they are, by pretending that everything was just a bromance. They could stare at each other, sit on each other's lap, live together, etc. But I think they took it too far, and people started to believe in a romance. That was the last thing they wanted.
Suppose your view of the story is true and Harry's gay, why on earth would they allow Harry to make people believe in a gay relationship with Louis then? It seems like there is just no logical reason for the behaviour of Louis and Harry, other than that they just showed what they felt. Or Louis and Harry are both straight. Then your argument would be valid.
- Yes, I looked back on Aimees' Instagram and can't find the photo then or now.
Looking back not sure Grimmy was with her in PR last year either like I had assumed.
- R226 - Or they could just be very close friends who were aware of the USP of their bromance? I reckom Harry had a crush on Louis, but it always seemed one-sided to me. Even if it wasn't, I'm sure everyone's aware that one doesn't have to be gay to have a same sex crush, hence the terms "man crush" and "girl crush".
You could say what you just said about everyone - Ant and Dec's bromance is really a romance, Harry and Dougie from McFly are really screwing each other, Jade and Perrie from Little Mix are closet lesbians etc. That they're all just making a joke of the truth. Which is fine as long as it's acknowledged as an opinion and not dressed up as fact.
I'm very keen to know what this buttplug incident was...
(I don't believe Harry is gay, by the way. Possibly bi, possibly straight-but-submissive, possibly bicurious, possibly straight fullstop).
- And I suppose the MIA on the boat will be taken as an Miami registration....!
L Girl - as mentioned before not going any further on that one on an public forum.
- Another Harry/Louis speculation! I don't think these two are even friends, let alone in a romantic relationship. Don't forget on Louis's birthday Harry made a point to attend a party in his home town, even if the papers said he is returning in UK for Louis's birthday party. I don't think Harry give a fuck about Louis tbh. Maybe in x factor days they were close, not anymore.
- R227 there is a pic on this tumblr of Nick and Aimee and its tagged Puerto Rico. I assume old so from a previous holiday. 4th pic down.
Not sure if link will work
- C, no problem. It was just when you mentioned a legal dept it sounded like a big publisher and I wondered if it might be the same company I work for!
Thanks for replying though (& sharing the info in previous posts)
- The new pic was posted today. It's stil, there. You have to scroll a tiny bit to see current pics, the ones at the top are a changing collage.
- Grimmy and Aimee usually don't waste time when it comes to instagramming their holiday pics, so as the pics were only posted today my theory is as follows:
Thursday: Grimmy, Aimee and Alexa fly to NY
Friday: Harry fles to NY, hangs out wirh Grimmy and co
Saturday: Grimmy and co fly to Puerto Rico, Pixie and co fly out direct from Gatwick to meet them as they didn't need to go to NY (Alexa lives there, Aimee is from there, Grimmy went along for the ride/to meet up with Harry)
Harry either flies to Nashville or Taylor is on her way to NY to meet him.
R230 - I won't put it as harshly as that, but I agree with you, they've both moved in from their X factor closeness. Harry clearly prioritises Grimmy over Louis friendship-wise, and Louis makes it clear that his best mate is Stan, and seems closer to Liam and Zayn nowadays.
- Taylor is performing live in Times Square on NYE on the ABC broadcast with Ryan Seacrest.
- Come on Grimmy... post something informative!
- He does have beautiful eyes.
- R236 - Indeed, that's why I think Harry's in NY as her band members have arrived NY and she usually arrives wherever she's performing a day early at least. Someone met her in Nashville early this morning, so she most likely wasn't in NY yesterday.
I agree from looking at how things have changed, Louis and Harry needed each other when the whole band/x factor thing was new.
They had a lot to deal with leaving home and family, their friends and moving to an unfamiliar city, it's a shared experience they all reference for their close friendship.
As they have grown up, learned to deal with the new status and responsibilities, and expectations they need each other less. Harry certainly seems more independent than he was. Louis has other important relationships.
To top that off, very few people can spend all day everyday with there colleagues and then also socialise constantly and not have negative consequences. For the sake of the longevity of the band, I am glad they have all developed a individual lives and circle of friend. Then coming back together is a thing to look forward to.
- I agree with NW3's timeline. Since Nick was spotted in JFK and Alexa was definitely in NYC on Friday (and because of her tweet to Pixie it seems like she is on the holiday with that group now) it seems likely that they stopped over there first (and there would have been plenty of time for Harry to see them on Friday) before continuing on to Puerto Rico.
The blizzard in NYC is probably what's helping Harry not be spotted and might have even delayed Swift's arrival into NYC today.
- Absolutely, Isis.
Ps: just looking back at my posts today - full of typos! Steer clear of the new ipad mini, guys.
- Yeah, I'm sure once they're on the road, the H/L friendship will pick up again.
- Ah, R241 - didn't realise there was a blizzard in NYC. Would certainly explain a possible delay.
- Oh dear! Maybe he never did get on the plane...
- Full article:
I hadn't though that far ahead, but I am sure it will.
They will probably be more guarded now, with PDA after the Tumblr set have turned a friendship into a romance of the century, but back on track as far as far as it goes!
- I guess no opportunity for Harry and Nick to have spent time together then! I still think it's likely Nick stopped off in NY so maybe that had been the plan before Harry missed his flight.
Odd that the mirror is reporting that he'd fly into Boston as nobody we know of is there. Perhaps that's where Taylor's private jet would have picked him up (though I don't think there were any flights direct to Boston. Most update accounts were saying there was only NYC or Miami).
- The fact that he went a day or two before Swift was due to arrive does suggest he might have been planning to meet up with N? Why else go early?
It would have been odd if he hadn't done the NYE's thing. It's an obvious story.
(Tbh, just pleased he's not in Mexico)
- Well there are direct flights to Puerto Rico from Boston too so it really all depends on where he is photographed.
- R248: I just did a dummy booking on the BA website (yes, I'm bored) and there are 3 flights to Boston each weekday - one at 11.20am, arriving Logan at 1.15pm; another at 4.30pm; and the last flight at 7.15pm, arriving 9.40pm local time. So looks like the article is correct, though the times are slightly out (may be a different schedule for xmas week)
Boston is most likely where her jet collected him from - maybe it's preferable from there? Boston is a 3 hour train journey from NY, and there are 7 flights a day to NY from terminal 5, so Boston was a deliberate choice and I don't think NY featured in his plans at all; he was probably going straight to Nashville. There are no direct flights from the UK to Nashville.
That must have mucked up their plans big time! Ditzy Harry.
- Some people are saying there were no flights to Boston (just NY & MIAMI) and that the Mirror has reported it incorrectly? I've no idea if this is true.
However, If he spends it in NYC with Swift we'll see photos guaranteed.
If no photo's show up, I think it's fair to say he's somewhere else.
- I'm glad he took it all in his stride and laughed it off, not that i expect him to get angry over something like that, He definitely doesn't seem the type to!
- I would not think there would be a direct flight from London to Nashville, I cant even get a direct flight from California to Indiana and its in the same country.
- The pap guy said his friend saw Harry arrive in JFK?
- Taylor's jet probably met his flight in Boston and took him to Nashville (she owns an airport hanger just outside Nashville).
- L girl- I was just about to say that?
- L Girl - they don't know what they're talking about. I did that route last year (en route Martha's Vineyard) and I flew direct from T5 into Logan.
That pap guy didn't seem to have any real evidence that Harry was in NY and has since gone quiet.
1D fsns on twitter are also saying that Harry could not have been in T5 for so many hours without being photographed. They're probably all quite young so won't be familiar with the concorde lounge, cabanas, N/S galleries, satellite B lounge etc.
- So is everyone now thinking Harry and Taylor are in a real relationship? If so how long will it last?
- NW3, haha, maybe, but he's still looking for him In NYC so he obviously thinks he could be there!
- NW3, he could always have left and come back? There was no need for him to wait at the airport.
- R259, not me. Particularly not after Xmas.
- R259 - No, just R256 and perhaps NW3.
- No we think Harry and Grimmy are in a real relationship. Taylor is the entertaintment industries beard and curently she is bearding for Harry.
- Not me either, R259.
- R261 - Very true, but if the courier guy was bringing his passport directly to the airport he may have hung around, hoping to catch the earlier 4.30pm flight...
- True, NW3, but between 11 am and 3 pm perhaps or something like that he could have left and come back. Who knows though, haha, and who cares really:).
- People have different opinions, R259, that is the nature of a discussion. Some think they are real and some not. Some of us are not sure.
- I've no idea who H is in a relationship with- too many possibilities...
Enjoying the speculation and gathering of evidence!
- I am poster R259 and I have do idea what to believe, I think something happened between Nick and Harry but that Haylor just seems like so much just to be PR? I really have no idea....
- FWIW, I don't buy H/T for a second. Just a gut thing, hard to explain why. As far as H/N go? Very close friends at the very least, quite possibly more. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
- with you on that x, just enjoying what is unfolding.. like a previous poster said in a previous thread said, it's like a soap opera!
- I am also looking forward to more pictures from Grimmy's holiday and it would just make my day if a partial/cryptic picture of a curly haired boy bander was posted by one of the groups!
- I am with both x and es wait and see what unfolds, but I am also here more for Nick than Harry so I like hearing about his life and I am hoping there are lots of pics from his holiday!
- soap opera, LOL, it so is!
- I doubt Haylor very much. I sometimes wonder if we are being teased with the photos and Nick's radio stories though. months ago I was convinced there was more than friendship but now I'm not so sure.
- It is a bit of a soap, isn't it? Cheers, es, isis & r274!
- Sex tape or gtfo as far as my interest is concerned. Grimmy on Harry, up Louise.
I am beginning to think that N&H realised the rumours and are teasing us with carefully constructed but equally suggestive drops of stories and pictures.
Either way it is all the fun of the fair!
- Haha, I knew this was going to happen. Some 1D fans are theorising that Harry deliberately forgot his passport to delay his reunion with Swifty...
- Harry definitely didn't hang around the airport. Val Teasdale tweeted him a thank you for the krispy kreme at some point in the afternoon so it looks like he visited the teasdales.
He was spotted at the airport around 8am ( a bit early for the 1115 flight the mirror reports) and it is only a three or four hour drive from Manchester to London so one would assume if he was actually in a hurry to get to Boston he would have taken
The passport being forgotten explain why we didn't get HD photos of Harry at the airport earlier! They were likely waiting for the complete story of Harry then getting on his flight.
And nice touch that the mirror got an inside source who knows how much Harry wants to go see Taylor rather than just someone who works at the airport.
- No way did Harry go up to Hull yesterday to see Val Teasdale. Like others I too misunderstood her tweet, but if you go through her old tweets you'll see that she was probably referring to an earlier conversation/inside joke with Harry about Krispy Kreme doughnuts - link below. All she tweeted was "Krispy kreme for afternoon tea, thanks @Harry_Styles"
Ditzy teenager forgets his passport, Sunday tabloid makes a story out of it. Slow news day, and online Harry articles get a very high number of hits worldwide.
- [quote]All she tweeted was "Krispy kreme for afternoon tea, thanks @Harry_Styles"
It's probably a tweet like this one:
- Re the twitter exchange I linked - while It looks as if Harry, Val and co were together at the time, they weren't. Same as yesterday.
R284 - good find!
There's a Coldplay gig at Mohegan Sun tonight, another reason Harry may have gone to Boston as that's the nearest airport...
- And he does seem to like going to concerts by himself, doesn't he, NW3? That could be an option for sure.
- Could have brought her one because of the inside joke - doesn't really matter either way as him hanging around the airport doesn't really prove anything either way or matter.
Him flying out to Boston and then taking her plane from there to Nashville in time to fly with her from her home town sounds much more romantic than him meeting her in NYC whether it's real or PR. Her band flew out to NY on Friday so I'd assume the original plan was for Taylor to fly out on Friday as well - some posters on this thread have mentioned Taylor usually gets to a city a few days before a performance - though Harry forgetting his passport (and then possibly the blizzard. The snow could also explain why there didn't appear to be flights from Boston at terminal 5 but then when getting a later flight Harry went through Boston) seems to have delayed this.
There's no denying they want as much PR out of this fling as possible (whether real or entirely fake).
- R286 - It'd be a bit strange him going on his own though, considering Taylor is friends with Chris Martin. I think Harry has met him just once, but Taylor has been invited to their North London and LA homes, met up with him and Gwynneth for dinner when she was in London etc.
- Haha, well I'm the one who said I don't particularly like her, so I have no idea about all that. I'll take your word for it, NW3:).
- Taylor does have a house in Boston (right next door to the Kennedy's) - I'm not sure what the distance is between that and Mohegan Sun.
As a side note: The Conor thing still confuses me - she liked him well enough to purchase a home almost literally next door to his family but dropped him for Harry in a second? And is now apparently invested in him enough that they started seeing the family two weeks into the relationship? And she rubs it in his face by leaving the dinner the Kennedy's are awarding her at to go to the MSG after party and then do a Walk of Shame with Harry?
Real or fake - I don't think Swift is coming out of this seeming very classy.
- PS: Harry's been to a Coldplay concert before by himself (without having met any of them before) so it wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary for him to go alone. Though still probably unlikely.
- R290 - Hyannis is miles away from both Boston and Mohegan Sun. However I've read from various sources that Taylor never actually bought the house - it went to what I imagine is the American version of sealed bids and she lost out to some realtor. She has not said anything about it, so until I hear from the horse's mouth I'll assume she didn't buy the house.
Even if she did buy it it's unlikely that it was to be close to Conor, despite what the tabloids claim. Her entire Kennedy thing was about 84 year old Ethel whom she met in 2011. She wrote a song about her and RFK and seemed fascinated by the family, and it was Ethel who invited her to Hyannis for the summer.
The Conor thing was just a by-product of her time in Hyannis visiting Ethel and her family, and they only started dating in mid July. It was an error of judgement though, in my opinion - like being invited to a formal dinner party and making out with your host's son under the table. You're right - she isn't coming out of this particularly well. Her people put out a statement in october that she and Conor had "quietly split up... was a mutual decision... because of the distance". The Kennedy clan however very quickly claimed through their own sources (same sources who leaked the story of Taylor gatecrashing a wedding and "kidnapping" Conor) that it was Taylor who ended the relationship.
The award thing on the MSG night was allegedly very awkward, as Ethel was a surprise no-show (she always attends) and Conor's father ignored Taylor the entire evening. May well be rubbish - as I said, allegedly! I do like Taylor, but partying all night with Harry afterwards and then Harry's walk of shame was just - blergh.
- Yeah, NW3, I don't think it was a good look for either of them, but they did seem to push it a bit at first, not even trying to be sneaky about the walks.
- I agree with both NW3 and Q the walks of shame kind of put me off, it was just weird.
- Me too, r294.
- Ethel wasn't there because of bronchitis. I think she's been getting frail in the last six months. Conor's aunt (and his late mother's best friend) said in her speech that Taylor was the sort of woman they wanted their daughters to grow up to be, so I don't think there was a cooling of the relationship.
The rumor about RFK Jr ignoring her is only because they didn't pose together on the red carpet, but Taylor arrived much later than him if you look at the arrivals video and there were no pictures from inside the gala. He had a great hug for Dianna Agron, who was there to support her friend Taylor and who Taylor had invited to Cape Cod in the summer.
I'm 90% sure Harry and Taylor are in Nashville. Taylor often disappears when there. There would be sightings if they were at a hotel in NYC.
- [quote]Louise is so beautiful that he must be gay. He's my favorite OKAY?
Ah, the return of my fav poster.
As to the rest, well, I have read through countless pages of Where's Wally? and I get the impression we are all (as usual) never MEANT to know where he, Nick, Taylor, Aimee, 1D are in essence. Until the cameras turn up.
It feels like one big game, which I'm sure it is, to allow people to go about their official (arranged) business in one spectrum or another and perhaps to get away and spend private time which goes unreported, in another.
What interests me most is how Harry rushed off to see Nick when it was Louis' party, rushed off to see Nick and family on Christmas Day and then, according to one tweet, was with Nick and other friends at Old Trafford on Boxing Day, all going unreported by the press. Nick was never mentioned as being with him, but a fan reported seeing them in/near the toilets at OT.
The first whiff of a Haylor reunion in New York and the press are all over it, the Daily Mail today has what reads like a complete fiction story about Harry's motives for racing to Taylor's side whilst running old pictures of them.
I have no doubt this (to my eyes) business arrangement will run for some time yet but Harry seems happy to let people know he is, at least, not trying to scrub Nick out of his life, even if the press is. So credit to him there.
The last few days press articles in the US/UK have proven nobody has a clue what is going on when there's an info vacuum. We've had silly singing telegram pieces, detailed marriage and babies articles (just like they did with Jake) and alternative 'Harry is boring', 'Taylor getting tired of Styles and is texting her ex' stories, all running alongside. Utterly ridiculous.
The best-rated comment at the DM (with over 300 votes) is someone who says it's 'staged'. It seems most readers there agree. And there's a heavy air of 'staged' about Haylor imo too. Justin Bieber's "old comment" and 1D taunting aside, these people know long in advance of arrangements.
I remember when a British actress tweeted about 'fancying' Harry Styles last year. A few days later she was 'linked' to him in the UK press and the DM (again!) even ran a really stupid dodgy piece about them complete with her walking round with a Harry double! Dressed in a Hollister top.
So you only have to be female and express an interest in Harry Style and bingo! you can be linked to him, no problem.
It's my opinion (rightly or wrongly) that a sniff of same-sex interest or having a secret same-sex partner/s would be just the sort of thing to trigger off such constant crazy responses in the press.
- Pretend I can spell *Styles.
- Harry didn't leave Louis' party to go to Grimmy - Louis' party was on a friday night, Harry was at Grimmy's sunday evening. Harry did leave Louis' party, but that was to go to a friend's party in Sheffield, where he allegedly spent 3 hours. At Old Trafford Harry didn't sit with Grimmy - people who went to the match said Harry was with Olly and a few other lads.
I've read loads of articles about Nick and Harry's friendship - more than I've read about Liam's friendship with Tom Daley, for example. Grimmy was constantly asked about his friendship with Harry in the run up to starting his breakfast show. We recently had an article in the Sun about his holiday plans with a totally gratuitious Harry mention. However The Times of India, Jerusalem Chronicle and Nebraska Daily News aren't interested in syndicated stories about Nick Grimshaw hanging out with Harry, but Taylor/Harry? Very much so. So we get truckloads of Haylor, even though 90% of it is probably made up by the journalist writing the article.
The Emily Atack one was incredibly lazy journalism, just like the Pixie Geldof articles (linking her to Harry despite her boyfriend George typically being in the same picture).
Harry is fast becoming the new Cheryl/Robbie/Posh/Lily Allen, and as happened with them the amount of press that follows his every move makes it difficult to disentangle what's true from what isn't.
- He couldn't wait to get out of Louis' birthday party? Then why did he bring his mum, sister, and the boyfriend of his sister, and another friend of Holmes Chapel with him? All in very nice clothes, and Harry looked happy in the birthday pictures. I don't bring my family with me if I don't want to be at a party of a friend.
He didn't spend the next day with Nick, you just made that up. :)
He spent an evening at Nick's place for a late Christmas dinner with some friends, yes. The next day, he went to Old Trafford with his father and ex bandmates from White Eskimo. He was there with them, not with Nick.
Please get your facts straight. I came here to hear both sides of the story (Nick/Louis), but you seem to make stuff up, and exaggerate as much as the Larry shippers do. Bit annoying.
- Not making anything 'up'. I was told Harry had left Louis' party and had driven through the night to visit Nick before heading to the US.
Then Aimee's pic was of Christmas Day to my knowledge and the Boxing Day visit occurred after.
Clearly Nick is pretty important to Harry even around the period he could have spent more time with friends and family.
That is, imo, that.
- Pulled this off a blog from early November. Obviously there's no way it can be verified and could be somebody putting 2+2 tog. and assuming, rather than being in the know:
[quote]Anonymous: Harry can't say anything as he's dating Grimmy! Louis' frustration is from him (and Eleanor) shouldering all the gay rumours when Harry who is the one in a real same-sex relationship comes out unscathed. But he can't say that, as he knows no-one is to deflect from the Harry-is-a-ladies-man script. Instead he lashes out...
It would make some sense in context, and though I am not convinced by a straight Louis with Eleanor (but I like her) it could explain the OTT aggressive reactions from him and also Harry's never ending passive approach.
- R303 - I agree with you. I don't really understand why some people are still think the Christmas visit was to Nick and friends when Harry plainly went to Nick's parents home, late evening after a day with his own family, and the only not family member present was Aimee.
R302/NW3 - I am puzzled by your constant denial of sightings/tweets etc when all you are citing are stories in tabloid newspapers to prove your points. They are not known for sticking to the truth at the best of times, and they are certainly more than happy to play a PR game. You have both mentioned that Harry will be with Taylor in Nashville (and perhaps has arrived on her private jet from Boston) where do you get that information from, apart from press puff pieces? Because I have seen no mention of anyone seeing Harry at all, and you just seem to be saying that to confirm your opinions, and really saying something, however many times, doesn't make it true. Whilst I am interested in your opinions, as I am everyone elses', it is nice if they can be backed-up a little.
- R304: Haha - that was me! What blog was that?
- "Clearly Nick is pretty important to Harry even around the period he could have spent more time with friends and family." But Nick is his friend, ffs!
Harry did not see Nick on Boxing Day proper. Nick was just mentioned by one teenage 1D fan who claimed to have seen them together in the toilet (yeah, right!). Harry got his tickets through his management company and was seen with Olly in the VIP bar, whereas Nick just bought his as a regular punter.
Are we really using comments from users of MailOnline as evidence of anything? Really scrapping the barrel there.
- R306 - Don 't you know??
- R307 - With regards to Boxing Day, how do you know? Who knows what time Harry left Nick's parents, who knows what they all did for lunch, there is no way of knowing if he saw his father alone or not, who did he drive to Old Trafford with? All we do know is that he was seen with Oly and Nick at the game (and yes, the toilet blocks are together so there is no reason to doubt that she saw them together when she herself was going to the Ladies).
- C - can you give me an example of my "constant denial of sightings/tweets etc"? And an example of me "citing stories in tabloid newspapers to prove (my) points"? Hopefully armed with a few examples I'll be able to alleviate your confusion.
Harry may be in Nashville as the person he's dating is there. I imagine you think the opposite. None of this is being stated as fact, it is all opinions. Why do you regard my opinion less valid than others?
- "I am puzzled by your constant denial of sightings/tweets etc when all you are citing are stories in tabloid newspapers to prove your points."
I don't discount all sightings - just ones where the tweeters are big 1D fans or have unusual twitter feeds. If there are twitpics or their posting history seems reliable, I believe it. For example, I believed Harry was at Heathrow yesterday and I believed Harry was at Nick's in the early hours of Boxing Day because Aimee posted a picture. I don't believe all tabloid reports, especially not UK ones - but People.com and Us Weekly are reliable.
"You have both mentioned that Harry will be with Taylor in Nashville (and perhaps has arrived on her private jet from Boston) where do you get that information from, apart from press puff pieces? Because I have seen no mention of anyone seeing Harry at all, and you just seem to be saying that to confirm your opinions, and really saying something, however many times, doesn't make it true."
I have never said that's where he is, just that that seems the most likely option.
- That you refuse to believe he is likely to be in Nashville is evidence of your denial.
- [quote]Are we really using comments from users of MailOnline as evidence of anything? Really scrapping the barrel there.
As opposed to what? Bought and paid for PR bullshit parrotted by the press?
Does it offend or frighten you ordinary people are allowed a say or express an opinion? Tough.
And am I really supposed to think Grimmy and Harry just 'bumped' into each other at a Boxing Day footy match as chance occurrence after spending Christmas? You can play dumbass but I think I'll sit that one out.
I am sure if Taylor had turned up at the Man U match and had bought her tickets separately you'd be all over it, creaming yourself.
Anyway, onto other things, because I'm not arguing with Taylor Swift fangirls and PR shills...
- Louis' party lasted until 6am and Harry left went to another party and drove down to London over night, so it appears he didn't want to stop around long .
- R312, he probably is in Nashville, or wherever Taylor is, to contnue their contracted showmance.
It's not a new thing you know.
- R304, I read that. Coming from tumblr I'd never view it as fact but it makes sense and would also explain any hostility between H&L.
To me, the Christmas Day visit was really significant. I don't know anyone who would leave their family and friends (who they never see) to drive for over an hour to spend the latter half of Christmas day (& stay over) with someone who is just a friend (N lives nowhere near old Trafford or H's dad)
H lives V close to N in London, had just seen him the week before. He had just 4 days in Cheshire to catch up with family and friends yet still chose to leave them and spend time with N on 2 of those 4 days (the 2 days traditionally reserved for spending with your family and love ones)
Yes I know he watched the football with his Dad but H&N met up and may have originally planned to sit together for all we know? Nick drove down to London that evening in prep for his flight so it would have been the last opp to see him.
(Incidentally, a guy at old trafford tweeted he wasn't allowed into the loos because Harry was in there? There is something odd about the whole loo thing)
I'm NOT saying Christmas is 'proof' they are a couple as the're always alternative explanations but is does support the notion that they could be.
- From Hackford Jones website:
"Since forming in 2003, HJPR has established itself as the UK's leading entertainment PR company.
Specialising in the music and TV industries, we represent artists ranging from N-Dubz, Ant & Dec, Fearne Cotton, McFly and Boyz II Men, to One Direction, Dannii Minogue and Alexandra Burke.
A day doesn't go by when one of our clients is not in the news - whether it’s national newspaper coverage or strong presence in online media."
---- That last paragraph - no fucking shit! No really? Why's that then?
When you look at Hackford Jones website, it really has a huge stranglehold on the UK multimedia industry and probably beyond. Only a fairly small team but very efficient and well-placed.
It proclaims 'eye of the storm' services for its clients though does not specify what the 'storm' is. I think we're supposed to guess. Strategically.
I think this firm has a huge reach and is very influential. It's not a surprise to me that scoops on say, Haylor, bombard the shopfront with such vigour.
Here are a few selections from their website:
[quote]With our methods constantly evolving along with the rapidly changing PR landscape, we execute proactive campaigns promoting specific projects, as well as 24/7 reactive media profile management.
[quote]PR and publicity is a vital part of any artist's career. Responsible for breaking and sustaining the careers of many leading acts, HJPR believe Print Media, Online and Broadcast should all work seamlessly together to achieve the highest impact results.
[quote]Crisis management - HJPR's crisis management skills are second to none. Over the past 15 years Simon Jones, Jonathan Hackford and Sara Lee have handled numerous high profile media stories and hundreds of front pages, both in the UK and internationally. HJPR offers the best strategic advice to control a story in the eye of a storm; frequently called by individuals and companies to handle situations which require specialist expertise.
Sara Lee - ex X Factor PR manager! Jesus, this just gets better!
Hackford covers: broadcast, brand partnerships, photoshoot execution, crisis management, online campaigns, print campaigns.
It seems feasible to me that such a company could easily create both genuine and fake promotional tools for any of their clients. And I would wager that they already have.
- Regarding the toilets, maybe it was a security thing?Making sure no one get too close and all going in at once. Ensuring their safety.
- I am sure it was r318, but that just shows the levels of cossetting and protection involved now.
He was an ordinary boy two years ago. Now he can't go to a public loo without a bouncer on the door.
- NW3 - No, I do value your opinion, as much as most of the other posters (there are a couple I just have no idea where they are coming so I don't really respect theirs'), and my apologies if it appeared that I was implying you were stating fact rather than opinion; that is my fault for phrasing myself badly.
But I believe you yourself have said that you opinion does tend to change a lot and given that over the last few weeks or so there has been more to support the theory that Nick and Harry are more than friends (the Christmas visit, the articles and comments that followed the Russell Howard quote, and even Simon Amstell's comment on Nick's show) it seems strange that you suddenly are not even sure if Harry is bi (especially given that you say you wrote the forum comment quoted earlier). In addition to this it appears that you do at least know quite a lot about Taylor, even if you are not a fan as such, and, to me, it does seem that you want to convince yourself that she is not faking a relationship but what she has with Harry is real. Which is fair enough, but not a view I agree with, as there seem to be nothing, apart from very obvious PR fed press, which supports this.
- [quote]I'm NOT saying Christmas is 'proof' they are a couple as the're always alternative explanations but is does support the notion that they could be.
I agree. All of that is as possible as not.
- R312, There is as much chance that the Industry tweets, layman tweets, reader comments & anon anecdotes are TRUE as the're is that they are UNTRUE.
If I found out through a journalist at my company that H&N are in a relationship but there is an injunction stopping her reporting it I'd comment on the next DM article I saw about Haylor. I'd also come on here and share the info. That information would be 100% correct & reliable yet by your 'logic' it should be viewed as unreliable and untrue, simply, because you don't know me.
Without knowing the authors of the tweets, comments etc.. you cannot possibly say whether the info is reliable or not.
The fundamental difference between you and the majority of us is that we acknowledge that. There have been hundreds of comments from sources saying they know for a fact that H&N are together. If we had concluded that even just one of these was DEFINITELY true (let alone all of them) we would have our answer, could pack up and leave the thread.
The fact that we're all still here mulling over the validity of the H&N rumour is proof in itself that we are open minded about the accuracy of any of the info.
You, however, are closed minded and adamant that ALL the gossip is invalid without ANY justification for this view. Unlike us, you you've reached your conclusion on H&N. Why are you still here?
- Just throwing this out there. Let's just suppose that Harry and Grimmy are just friends. It's actually what I believe but am prepared to be persuaded otherwise when some tangible proof appears. Whether the Swift story is true or not I really couldn't bring myself to care much. What I am interested in if it is not Harry who Nick is coupled up with then who is it? Any theories? Only really interested in Nick so not looking for people to argue the Harry theory at me as I have read the threads. I thought someone would look at this angle a little more deeply but I realise most of the thread is only interested in Nick because of his association with Harry.
- Would imagine a pretty huge New Year Haylor gagfest is in the offing one way or another (HQ and covert) after what has looked like a very Grimmy Christmas.
Personally, I'd rather stay in Christmas
- R323 - No, I'm interested in Nick mainly too, and Harry only by association (actually having watched interviews with 1D they are all more charming than I imagined they would be; still not really into their music though). There doesn't seem to be any other rumours about Nick, apart from the random one about a model friend in the summer, but given that that seems to have come only from one source and the model in question has said he is straight (at different times) it's perhaps unlikely that was actually true.
- R323. The only bloke who I have seen several times in pics with Nick or at same events is Theo. There was also an article where it said he and Alexa left Nick's flat with pic in dec 2011. Later that day Haryy went to that clothing launch and was in several pics watching Nick DJ.
- Nick has said he is single on more than one occasion recently.
- But Theo is straight as far as we know isn't he?
So that isn't really a possibility.
- Harry is straight as far as we know too, but that doesn't stop the loons 'shipping' him with men.
- R329, "shipping" are you 12?!
For the millionths time, WE did not create this 'story' or start these 'rumours' proffessional adults close to the pair have.
Let them know they're "loons" and "shippers" They would probably tell you you're crazy.
Your entire argument against N&H is that EVERYONE who says N&H are together is a liar.
Not really much of an argument is it.
- I always thought that something might have happened between N and his personal trainer, who also appears to be a friend. In those infamous pictures of them all in Primrose Hill with H in the morphsuit, N and the trainer look pretty cosy! Can't remember his name or find the pic as I'm useless but they tweet each other pretty regularly too.
Theo is definitely just a friend, I vaguely know him and I would defs know if he was dating my favourite radio dj!
- [quote]Nick has said he is single on more than one occasion recently.
So has Harry.
Incidentally 'single' simply used to mean 'unmarried' before Facebook, etc, introduced the 'in a relationship' option alongside everything else.
[quote]Harry is straight as far as we know too, but that doesn't stop the loons 'shipping' him with men.
Well it shouldn't concern you then, should it?
Don't let the door hit and all that...
- I still believe in N and H being together though btw - I just don't think it's a solid 'boyfriends' type thing. I don't think Haylor is real but as discussed it certainly could be and just over publicised by T.
- Glad you're still "on our side", N16:). (I'm just joking:))
- N16 - his trainer apparently has a girlfriend, and definitely has two children.
- N16, that guy has a child (so more likely to be straight) and they only seem to tweet about gym stuff?
He's rarely pictured out and about with them and I don't think N would be so affectionate in public with him if they were together?
(but if he is gay, could have had a one off I suppose? I doubt H&N are exclusive if they're an item?)
- Nick does always say he is single. He also says he's never had a relationship, never been in love, and doesn't really indulge in casual sex. Basically, he likes to give the impression he has no personal life whatsoever. I don't really buy it, for various reasons.
Having said that, I would be surprised if he was seeing anyone at the moment simply because he doesn't really have the time.
- I know the pics you mean. I always did wonder who that was. They did look quite cosy, didn't they?
- [quote]Nick does always say he is single. He also says he's never had a relationship, never been in love, and doesn't really indulge in casual sex. Basically, he likes to give the impression he has no personal life whatsoever. I don't really buy it, for various reasons.
Grimmy, bless his heart, sometimes treats himself in a way that suggests he'd be staggered if he found out he had basic human needs or desires. Whatever you say, Grimmy.
But then again, Harry Styles asks us to alternatiely believe (through his press) he is a serial dater and user, a predator, a wingman, single or taken (depending on the audience/mood), an innocent, someone who has never had sex to someone who has had plenty, including at school if you believe his press.
In short, I don't think we're meant to know the truth?
- Man he has kids? Didn't see that coming, goes to show despite spending 80% of my time with gay people I have no gaydar whatsoever :)
Just good friends then it would seem.
R334 haha yes, I'm here as a Nick fan and H seems like such a sweetheart now I know more about 1D. I just want him to have a lovely boyfriend whoever it is!
Plus I'm probably biased because I don't like TS's music, apart from Trouble! She's definitely trying to sex up her image with that video isn't she! I suppose she's realised country doesn't cross over to Europe/the rest of the world too well.
- L Girl - you should have said before now that the rumor was started by 'proffesional adults"! That changes everything! I put "shipping" in commas to show how ludicrous I find the whole idea of people willing strangers to be romantically involved, for their own amusement.
And no, the rumor wasn't started by people "close" to them. You have offered absolutely NO evidence of this. My argument against Nick and Harry is that no one with any credibility or standing has said they're together. All of their actions can be explained by friendship.
- R327 I am sure I read back along that a radio 1 staffer had said Nick was coupled up. This is why I asked the question as I don't really think it was with Harry.
- I have nothing against Swift although not a fan. However, I love 'Trouble' and I wonder if it is an attempt to widen her appeal (with the support of the 'Haylor' campaign)
Re N's personal life. He always seems to put himself down in terms of his attractiveness and appeal to others. It's a shame, I personally think he clearly attractive.
I've often wondered If his inability to keep completely quiet about Harry despite the likelihood they are secretly involved is a reflection of this? If he is as insecure as he appears, there must be a real desire to shout "look who I'm dating!" (assuming they are, natch)
- R341/offended Taylor Swift fan, your spelling suggests you are not British, unlike the many London-based British people in the media and other British sources who claim to have inside information close to London-based British people, Nick Grimshaw and Harry Styles.
By all means, continue to place your faith in Hackford Jones and Life & Styles mag.
Others will continue to discuss otherwise. You invited yourself here, so be prepared to hear other peoples opinions.
- Professionals...? In my country we call those people (professional) gossips, and they are never right about anything. Nice to see the cultural differences.
- I assume r345, 'professionals' also includes you berating the mainstream media and all those other 'reliable' Haylor-spouting vehicles?
- L Girl - I find people who are just friends with Harry are like "Look who i'm friends with!" so I wouldn't be surprised!
I've considered that H could be seeing Grimmy's niece. They are a similar age and would have more than a few things in common. She would also be outside the industry and thus a calm influence.
- R341, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that these sources are both credible and close to H or N. however, you refuse to believe that any of them are telling the truth.
You don't know these people so you can't possibly know whether they are credible or honest. Your insistence that literally hundreds of people are lying when you know absolutely NOTHING about these people is completely and utterly bizarre?!
As I said, we acknowledge that the info maybe reliable, it may not. You simply dismiss it all without ANY justification.
You really have NO argument.
- I think L Girl hears things that are truthful. A few nights or the night before his arrest she said an 'iconic' industry figure was about to be fingered in the current British historical sex offences operation.
Not long after Max Clifford got his collar felt, to the shock and surprise of many. Few non-media people would have seen that one coming.
- [R342] I remember that. I did wonder if perhaps the people that person spoke to about Nick didn't know him particularly well and may not have been aware that Nick is gay (you'd be surprised how many people don't know!). They may have assumed Aimee is his girlfriend, as you probably would if you thought he was straight. Just a theory.
It's also possible that that poster was just trolling. I'm dubious about someone using their work experience to go around asking all and sundry about Grimmy's personal life.
- I saw a Radio One advert and Grimmy was on mumbling about 'Kanye wouldn't have to deal with this...' sort of thing.
He's really cute close up. Flawless skin. I can see the draw of the guy. He has quite a quickdraw humour and can ad lib his way out of a paper bag.
I think, couldn't be 100% sure that the date showed his Breakfast show was back on on the 7th Jan? Which would be a Monday? If that's the case then he could get in a nice long 10 days or so holiday before returning to work.
- I never understood people who don't think he's good looking? For one, let's be honest T4 presenters have to be good looking in order to appeal. (Anyone else sad about T4 finishing? Showing my age, but I loved that show!)
I think Nick is attractive, and he dresses and styles himself very well which enhances that. Maybe he's not appealing to gay guys and appeals more to women? He has lovely eyes and skin - very Irish/Celtic colouring really.
7th Jan eh? I'll be sure to start waking up a bit earlier then. I'd be so interested to know how his first 'term' as the Breakfast Show host has gone. Does anyone know?
- N16, the BBC seem to have given N a few TV gigs recently so I'm hoping that's a reflection of his popularity/the show's audience figures?
On a different note, one of the big 1D update accounts apparently knows where H is. They won't publish it but have DM'd someone and that person says H is not with Taylor?
Another has seen an instagram picture that apparently 'proves' Lou Teasale & family are in Nashville.
I have no idea how reliable these accounts are (my assumption has always been, not very) but thought I'd share anyway?
If he is not spotted until an appearence in NYC tmw, he would have been MIA for 4 days. He could, technically, be anyway with anyone? The last reliable siting with at Heathrow.
I can't comment at an industry level, but as an avid listener of BBC1 breakfast show, I think he has really hit the mark.
I was a devoted listener of Chris Moyles, I loved his 'Saviour' thing and attitude. I was devastated he was pushed for about three hours before being delighted by the appointment of Grimmy.
He's been entertaining, played lots of good music, hasn't offended anyone,(RW-thing out of context) he has happy and uplifting, enthusiastic chat, natural conversation, seems to over-share too many details at times just like his predecessor. A good mix of relevant guests, and that's coming from someone way out of their demographic!
I also think it is a significant contributing factor to me being here and a developing obsession with a boy bander!
- I saw that L Girl, but these accounts often say this kind of thing 'we know where but we're not going to say' in order to gain more followers, I wouldn't put much stock in it. They are fanning the flames of the rumours he's with N, purposefully I think, by saying H is 'on holidays' and confirming he's not with T.
As for N, fingers crossed his BBC work will give him more crossover, I just hope he manages to hold onto enough of Moyles' audience to have longevity!
- Good to know R355! I love his show, but I hated Moyles, it's nice to know liking one isn't mutually exclusive to liking the other!
I do miss Grimmy's evening show though...
- N16 - That's entirely possible. @1Dneews seem to know where Harry is, and apparently according to them he is not with Taylor, and are wishing him a happy holiday. So who knows, but it is possible that they are trying to infer he is in Puerto Rico too....
According to Lou Teasdale's recent tweet's she seems to think she's at home though.
- my classmate's step-sister makes $81 every hour on the internet. She has been unemployed for six months but last month her pay was $12571 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more here FAB33.COM
- until I saw the bank draft that said $8822, I didn't believe that...my... brother woz like they say actualey taking home money part-time on their computer.. there uncles cousin had bean doing this 4 only a year and just now took care of the depts on there place and bourt a great Infiniti. we looked here, FAB33.COM
- Hated Moyles. Was chuffed when he was binned!
The update account claims they will confirm where H is once he is in NYC. Will be interesting to see of they do.
There are also twitter rumours H is in Mexico (I think the rumours apply to Swift, Beiber etc as well) Anyone think this is true? I know i'm being neurotic about this but Flack is there. Does anyone think there is a chance he may be with her there?
- L Girl - If there is evidence to support N/H, I'm fine with that. Please point me to some of these "credible" sources who are "close" to both or either men. I've asked you this already, and you refused to provide me with any details.
- As I suspected, Taylor's band aren't flying to NYC until tomorrow. That means Taylor is most likely still in Nashville too. It makes sense that they'd all fly in together on Taylor's plane.
- R363, they are in the last 12 threads and 8 Louis threads. You can find them. I'm not spending my Sunday evening doing it for you.
Moreover, there are many anon sources that might be credible, might not be. My point is, you cannot possibly know and therefore cannot legitimately dismiss them.
- That you can't tell me, offhand, of one credible source who is close to them says a lot. I think I'd lose the will to live if I had to wade through 12 threads of this shit.
Of course I can legitimately dismiss anonymous internet posters! People with common sense and any sort of inquiring mind do it all the time.
- L Girl - Just to answer to query about Caroline Flack, I think there is very little chance of Harry having reunited with her on holiday; after all last Christmas, when they were supposedly together, Caroline went off on holiday with friends for 10 days or so, and Harry was in England at that time (part of time with Nick it appears). The only time I have heard of them being in the same place in the last 8 or so months was at Nick's birthday party, which of course makes sense as they are both his friends.
R366 - from your last comment, please do wade through...
- I don't get it, r366. Of course people who are genuinely close to them, i.e. friends and relatives, arent' going to publically gossip about their secret love life. The most convincing stuff that could realistically be around is gossip from people who can credibly claim to have some inside knowledge, and people who work in PR/magazines/TV in London fulfill that criterium.
If that's not enough for you, one wonders what you're doing on a gossip forum.
- R366, I'll give you one off the top of my head: a woman that writes for the guardian. The tweet is there, go search for it.
You cannot legitamitly dismiss a source you know absolutely nothing about?! If you think you can, I'm lost for words.
I'm not going to discuss this with you anymore as you are clearly incapable of being reasonable. And tbh, I don't really care if you believe H&N are together or not.
It's strange, if you are so certain that there is nothing there, that you waste your time on a thread dedicated to working out if there is.
- C, maybe, although last Christmas they had gigs so he couldn't have holidayed with her?
If they were privately together, surely they wouldn't risk H holidaying with her whilst he is publicly 'dating' someone else? Even if the resort was super private, it would only take one person with a camera phone & it would be out there. Would they risk that?
Wherever he is, I doubt he is with Swift as I don't think they'd keep it do quiet.
- Industry experts = journalists who write crap linking Harry with every female that moves. What gives them credibility?
- Not your Flack obsession again L girl. Give it a rest.
- R372, I know I'm obsessed. Sorry.
Just looking for some reassurance that I'm being ridiculous.
(I just can't stand the idea of 'Haroline')
- Not sure how to direct a post at someone specifically but to the person/people who keep insisting that there's no reason to believe H/N could be more than friends because those tweets aren't proof: no, of course they aren't proof and no one is saying they are! Obviously no one has "proof" or there would be no need to continue discussing. Harry and Nick spend a lot of time together, are quite involved in each other's lives, spend time with each other's social circles/families, and are clearly quite close. If Nick was a woman everyone would be assuming they were involved. Harry's sexuality has been speculated about for ages and he's always remained quiet about it, even tweeting happily back to fans who address him as gay rather than getting defensive about the issue like Louis. People are speculating about him and Nick because the closeness of their relationship is grounds for speculation. It's that simple. Acting like no one should speculate simply because the tweets themselves aren't solid proof is ridiculous.
- L Girl I'm pretty sure from what I know via Sam T it's just Caroline, Sam, Alex who also owns Bleach and a photographer Matt on hols. No Harry. He might have gone if Lou/Tom were there but he's not friends with Matt or Alex and I don't think he'd feel comfortable even if him and C were on or friends or whatever. Hope that helps!
I'm one of the sources who has heard from people connected to N R366. I'm not sure why you say you won't read the threads and attack us over harmless gossip, yet you keep posting? What's L Girl ever done to you? It's all just speculation. It doesn't hurt anyone. Believe what you like, no one's feelings will be hurt if you don't agree with them...
- T is apparently in NYC now.
- Thanks N16!
I'm interested in all information from all sources, including you guys on here. I obviously keep an open mind and don't view anything as 'proof' I just don't understand how someone like R366 can dismiss all these sources when they know nothing them.
A clear case of 'confirmation bias' if ever there was..
- Aimee just posted this:
- very much clutching at straws (and said mostly in jest) but... who's behind the camera?! :)
T has arrived in NYC now, I think H will be there with her on NYE.
- Pixie also posted a pic of just the three blokes recently, but yes who is taking the pic?
- I think it's Fifi Brown - she's the only one in the group that isn't in the picture.
(ps: forgot to sign my earlier post)
- I'd love it to be Harry, but I guess it could be another tourist, someone at their resort, something like that...
- Ignore above post - Fifi Brown is in London!
- If Harry is there, it's safe to say he won't be appearing in any of their pictures!
It doesn't seem like he has been with Swift so e is obviously being V secretive about where he is?!
- Just adding my two cents: when you find yourself saying "for all we know" you should stop and rethink the validity of your argument.
Harry is such an international man of mystery, I love it.
- Um, why wouldn't he appear in the pictures if he's there? They've never been shy about tweeting/ posting pictures with each other in the past.
- Q, "for all we know" simply implies ambiguity/possibility in regards to one point. It does not 'invalidate' an argument. I genuinely think you post on here simply to provoke.
R386, Maybe on this occasion, he would like to keep his holiday secret.
And how do you know he hasn't been shy before? If he's been at events but not been included in the pictures you wouldn't know he was there in the first place and therefore wouldn't know that he had avoided being photographed.
- Will be on the lookout (as much as one can be on the lookout from a flat in North London) for Harry +/- Taylor at tonight's Coldplay gig in Brooklyn. Maybe I'm just living vicariously; I'd give anything to be there tonight! Or at their gig tomorrow with Jay Z - even better.
Chris Martin is staying at the same hotel as Swifty, so their paths should cross anyway.
(Pardon the Coldplay mentionitis, but CM is my alpha and omega. And we went to the same university, which makes us kindred spirits)
- Jesus L Girl I can't make one simple criticism without being accused of attacking. Why don't you just ignore me then. Agree to disagree for the sake of the other posters.
- Haha, enjoy then, NW3:).
- Is Swifty a chameleon with her boyfriends? I ask because she's dressed awfully H-like in that photo from today and I don't recall her ever looking like that before.
- Q, it was a pointless and invalid criticism. You can't provoke and not expect a reaction.
You and Swifty should start your own thread. I think you'd get on well.
- R390 - cheers, I most certainly will!
I post without thinking sometimes - internet logorrhoea?! Chris Martin shouldn't need a hotel room as they have an apartment right there in Tribeca. He may have been visiting someone - his bandmates, maybe?
Anyway enough about him :)
- I saw an old pic of Aimee and Harry on tumblr yesterday. Harry was posing eating a plate of pasta, so it appeared to be a private pic. Posted March I think but Harry looked quite young. I never thought at the time but I wonder who took the pic. Was Harry likely to be out for diner just with her?
- NW3, my brother and sister both went to that Uni. You may well have been there at the same time as one of them!
- Probably when he was hanging out with her in NYC (when the band were there for a while)
- R396 yes could possibly have been then.
- R391 - now you mention it, she did the same thing when she dated Jake.
R394 - As Q said, Harry hung out with her in NY in March. There are loads of pics of them together, including that infamous trip to a nightclub's gay night with Jonny from The Drums.
L Girl - Really? I appreciate you can't post their names, but there's a good chance I either know them or know of them if they are around my age. Thanks to a soc I was in I knew loads of people above and below my year.
Shame there is no private messaging service here! Also, I think we'd argue less if we got to know the person behind the post...
- NW3, I know. I've often thought that! I would happily reveal more about my self to certain posters and would love to ask other's questions about their sources etc as I'm sure some of us probably have mutual acquaintances!
If there was a way I could share my twitter without posting it publicly on here, I would!
Re your Uni, my brother is 27 and my sister is much older but was there around the same time as she did her PHD there. My brother looks like a younger Dominic Cooper If that helps!!
- Noticed a H&N tweet. In this instance there is nothing to suggest this person is connected (although the way it is written suggests she has been told something)
I mention it though as it's the first I've seen with romantic connotations and I liked it.
@obtusemusings (for anyone interested)
- Hmm L Girl, forget about me possibly knowing him at university - is he single now???
(age-wise he'd have been one or two years below me, assuming he didn't take a gap year...)
- In all honestly L Girl I didn't read any romantic connotations in regards to that tweet, if anything I thought it was an sexual innuendo straight away?
- Awwww, that is sweeter than the usual tweets, L Girl.
Here it is btw:
- I read it the same way as L Girl, R402, but you may be right of course.
- I too thought it was sexual. Sounds like the title of a Gryles fanfiction!
- He did a masters straight after his BA so I think he would have been there about 6 or 7 years ago? (he's nearly 28)
You may have noticed him though? He's 6ft, good looking and very well spoken.
But no, he's not single. Recently got engaged!
- I read it as romantic! Maybe that's just because I am?!
- i think that tweet could mean either.
- Typical L Girl - the best ones are always taken! Ah well.
What I want to know before I go to bed is where this little fucker is.
- R402 that might be a cultural thing? To me (a Brit) it reads as romantic - we use 'in deep' in the same way one might say 'head over heels'
I wonder where she heard it/what prompted the tweet? Seems to be unconnected to anyone.
Just something little regarding T changing her style to match her partners- if she's really dressing like H well we all know who she is actually copying. He's made no secret of the fact he admires N's style! Quite funny really.
- Oh he is a sweetheart isn't he NW3! Although looking very very young there indeed
- I read it as romantic/serious too, L Girl. "In deep" has always meant "head over heels" or "smitten" when I've heard it used.
- NW3, haha, yep, they always are!
Harry's whereabouts is a complete mystery, even more so than normal?!
I'd like to think he's taken a short break in PR (he was apparently spotted in JFK) He could be anywhere but if he were in a city, you would think there would be sitings?
It does seen like he hasn't been with Swift though? That pap who has been searching for him in NYC for days doesn't think he is there?
- Forgot to sign off my post... and I am british, but maybe i just have a filthy mind! It could be interpreted either way!
- N16 - he is isn't he? Such a sweetheart. Loved their former bodyguard saying that no-one ever has a bad word to say about him; he didn't say that about any of the others.
I agree the phrase "in deep" isn't typically sexual, but the way she phrased the tweet can be interpreted either way, depending on how your mind works...
- Snap, es!
Re Harry, though Puerto Rico can't be ruled out, I still think he's with T but lying low. Maybe he's aware of the fan backlash and doesn't want to upset people by flaunting their relationship? There are several tweets floating about from girls saying they'll slash their wrists and burn all their Taylor Swift CDs if "Haylor" is ever confirmed.
- I think she's using "in deep" as a double entendre.
- NW3, well that pap is literally camped outside Swift's hotel so I'm sure we'll find out soon enough!
- L Girl - someone on tumblr just said that they (Taylor and Harry) are at the Coldplay concert! If it's true, so jealous!!!
- Any idea about the name of the hotel. I saw a tweet with a hotel name where harry was supposed to be in NY yesterday, but cant for the life of me find it again. My remeber if its same.
- NW3, I've never understood the appeal of Coldplay myself but H does seem obsessed with them?!
Let's see if Tumblr come good!
- I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Harry said Chris was his "all time hero", someone told Chris this in an interview and blushed it was sweet!
- L Girl - heresy!
Here's the tumblr post - very blurry picture. May be a hoax...
- I still think whatever is going on with La Swift that Christmas is somehow more meaningful? That Aimee released that picture on purpose in the the thick of the positive/negative rumour machine. A bit like a fuck you to the world? Good for them.
That's just an outsider's interpretation. I am glad Harry doesn't appear to want to dissasociate himself publicly from Nick, even if the mainstream media has tried to make him appear little more than a comedy prop for someone else's "new relationship".
None of it suggests they definitely are a couple (though I personally suspect there is something there) but it's very endearing that Harry should go down to Nick's family home on Christmas Day.
No matter what happens with Swift or anyone else, I think Christmas kind of overrides it all really. Which leaves a nice vibe somehow.
- NW3, Mmmm... Hard to tell? A couple of people on twitter have mentioned he's been spotted there too though so maybe?
I'm not convinced he's been with Swify all this time though. I get what you say about the over invested fans but I think it' a little late for that!
Still, I guess we'll never know where he's been! (as is often the case with Harry!!)
- L Girl - true!
This is the girl's twitter. Love her username ;)
- R424, that's pretty much how I feel about it all (although I'm not convinced the picture was to deliberately signal H was there)
- NW3, that does look like Harry's jacket.. (& I'm ashamed that I know that!)
- Well everyone pretty much thought it was a countdown to them popping up sooner or later, if that is them.
I'm kind of meh about where Harry has been and who with. He wouldn't have much time to do anything post-Christmas. I don't think he can possibly be with Nick/friends all the time and if he has to see Taylor (either contractually or genuinely, I lean towrds the former) then that's all there is to it.
- A brown hooded jacket, L Girl? I don't recall one like that.
- R430, I think the hood is a separate sweatshirt underneath?
- R429, there was no way H wasn't going to turn up for NYE. This chapter has been advertised since the story began!
- He's got two hoods in the pic. Here, look:
- 'Taylor's' hair seems too light blonde to me at the top in that picture? probably staring at this picture way too much not sure, but taylor has always had a mousy dirty blonde colour.. unless she's had highlights or something. just comparing it to that picture
(probably looking way into this because i'm actually in love with her hair and have wanted it that colour for a while haha!)
- L Girl - I'm not convinced it's him. The "Harry" looks bigger than Harry, and the girl's hair is lighter than Taylor's.
Will reserve judgement until I see a clearer pic. Now all we need is a similar blurred pic from Puerto Rico to put the cat amongst the pigeons!
- [quote][R429], there was no way H wasn't going to turn up for NYE. This chapter has been advertised since the story began!
Well a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! (Harry.)
- The hair seems the wrong color and length... IMO.. and why would hair be wearing a nets cap?
- I dunno, she could have had her hair coloured for the New Year.
As could Taylor.
And she always wears caps.
- R430, NW3, yes, I think you're both right. The jacket does have a hood & H's hair looks wrong too?
NW3, after the other tweet I already have a lovely romantic picture of H&N in Puerto Rico in my head!
I'm off to sleep now with that lovely image...
- Nick's instagramming away now! Fetching short shorts :D
- Aimee is probably with them in PR so will likely be taking the photos? It would be good to see the full gang reunite soon, if they haven't already.
Can you post a link to Nick's instagram pics please?
- Remember the bloke I said I've met at xfactor and BB parties who knew about rumours,well hes just tweeted about 2012 memories and mentions "meeting Nial in soho. #enoughsaid"
- J, that's a good one!
- J what is that supposed to mean?
- I live up north in uk but I have been out with gay mates in soho in london. You dont have to be gay to go out round there obviously.
- R441, you can see his photos on his twitter here:
- Thanks for the link, r446.
Here's one subtle reply re: the short shorts:
"CAN I SUCK YOUR DICK".
- J- Ok I'm not from the UK so I didn't know that... that's true u don't have to be gay to go to places like that....
- You're welcome, R447.
I do often wonder and laugh about the bluntness on twitter etc..., haha.
- @447 Jesus christ, I don't know what I get more second hand embarrassment from, the fact that they have the guts to write something like that or the fact that they're probably only about 14
- I like this one:
- Please an someone tell me where this Coldplay concert is being held?
- Barclays Centre in Brooklyn.
- You're absolutely sure, r453? Not the Connecticut one?
The one at Brooklyn has just started? Is that right?
- 100% sure, and yes, it just started, r454.
- Thank you, r455.
This may be total coincidence, and it may not even turn out to be Harry and Taylor, but, look at Nick's shirt:
- Love it, r456!
- This article is funny to me...
- NYE! :)
Latest rumour is that Harry was in Minneapolis yesterday to watch the Green Bay Packers vs Vikings match, presumably with Cal. He then caught a flight (destination unknown) out of Minneapolis afterwards.
It seems a bit too random to be made up, so for now I'm going with this. I wonder if his "disappearance" relates to his original plans (whatever they were) being kiboshed by the passport blunder and the northeast coast blizzard? However if he did go to the Packers game it was probably part of his original plans...
- Hmm... looks like the source of the rumour is this one tweet which said that a "Harry Styles" was paged at Minneapolis-St Paul airport. He could have misheard, there may be more than one Harry Styles in the universe, and Cal's twitter offers no clues. Surely someone would have seen him in a crowd that big?
That Sun article is funny. Where on earth did they get the information from? Reads like something Gordon Smart made up last night.
- When the band (band?) was on XF, Louis manned a youtube channel for them. That channel morphed into the official one. Which was deleted today. Here are the posts that went out before the switch. The time stamps in the screen shots are misleading in that the captures were taken some time ago.
- Why on earth would Louis "man" an unofficial 1D youtube channel?
Another work of fiction from the Larryverse.
- It was unofficial as it was the host channel for video blogs. If you think an X Factor staffer went around making those comments then you are writing your own fiction. You know what they say about the truth sometimes?
- Than fiction. Look in the background.
- Can we please not start with the Larry stuff..
- Only if the next thread can be titled honestly.
"Harry Styles and Grimmy PART 13: A Fanfiction"
- Once upon a time Harry Styles wore a black, yellow and green shirt and jeans while being pictured inside of a building with a fence outside.
Once upon a time Louis Tomlinson was pictured outside of a building with a fence around it while a kid behind him wore a black yellow and green shirt and shorts.
CLEARLY THEY HAVE BEEN SCREWING SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME.
Larry is real!!!!!111
- I don't mind the Larry stuff, as long as we get posters who've heard of photoshop. For those who haven't, you may find the link below helpful.
- NW3... haha.. I love ur sass!!!
- r467 are you kidding? All this Nick bullshit is just that... bullshit! I wouldn't be surprised if Nick and his hipster mates were the ones bolstering these threads.
Why did the Larry thread disappear anyway??
- How is this Nick stuff bullshit but Larry is real, I have yet to see anyone other than teenage girls who believe in Larry. If u can give me evidence other than heart eyes and touching each other, go ahead but I have yet to hear any.
- Larry thread disappeared because Larry shippers are crazily invasive and take tinhatting to a level that DL doesn't need to be associated with?
also [R472], if Nick and his friends visit this forum and contribute, then wouldn't that say a lot more about the possibility of Nick and Harry than "Larry is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard?"
- This thread is embarrassing. Get a life, fags.
- Oh [R475], you're so witty! Look at you, coming onto a gay gossip forum and dropping "fags" like an insult.
- "You cannot legitamitly dismiss a source you know absolutely nothing about?! If you think you can, I'm lost for words." - I can, just like I dismiss the hundreds of thousands of twitter users who swear they know for a fact that Obama is a Muslim.
- To whoever guessed that I'm from America - I've already said that I'm from and based in the UK. It's a very weak argument to suggest my opinion would be less valuable if I were not from London, as if you can detect the validity of people's tweets just because you're in the same city.
- Does Henry Holland not holiday etc with Nick and his friends anymore? He used to always be around...
- R477 I do not understand why you keep coming back if ur just going to keep telling us we are wrong?
- R479 He has been mostly out of the country for the past couple months for work and I think holiday with his boyfriend... thats what I got from twitter.
- [R479] I think he mostly goes on holidays with his boyfriend, but they're still good friends.
- Taylor Swift?
What's up with him and these whites.
- Larry or Gryles, both views are going to be challenged by a NYE kiss on the jumbotron with Taylor Swift.
- R484, I doubt many people here (on either side) will be swayed by a NYE kiss with 0l' Swifty. Especially if it's broadcast on national TV and splashed across the internet. Considering Ryan Seacrest already confirmed he'd have pics of the "haylor kiss," well, it sounds just like what we've already gotten- a "relationship" having every single drop of media attention possible wrung out of it.
- Ryan Seacreast said no such thing. Guys, stop believing the rumors children start on twitter.
- R464 etc.
Yes, it's incredible that two boys, with very different hair and stature, could have the same generic t-shirt, probably from Topman, H&M, River Island or Primark.
I think it's very clear that the two pictures are of two different boys. It's not even photoshop. It's not even really coincidence; t-shirts like that are always a dime a dozen amongst young boys.
Don't know why people are getting on their high horses though; as if some of the stuff you come up with on here is any better! You've turned travelling over to Manc at 2AM, Boxing Day/Christmas Day Night to see a mate (when your family are likely all in bed back home, and you're seeing your dad the next day/that day, in the same city, so it makes sense to make the stop off to see a good friend) and then sitting separately from him at Old Trafford, but probably seeing him during half time, into an epic love affair.
You keep saying Christmas is so significant, but really, it's just another thing that COULD mean something. The only way any of this means anything more than friendship is if they're fucking. Ergo, you'll be arguing in circles unless they confirm they've been doing the dirty this whole time.
Also, there haven't been tweets from anyone "in the know" as you put it, for some time. All you're getting now is rumours from muddy waters and anyone you originally put faith in doesn't seem to be saying anything at all; not even commenting on Harry/Taylor, which surely you'd expect?
- Harry and Louis in a relationship - a fantasy made by teen girls based on the boys closenes in X factor days. Today H/L are not even friends, I mean they don't do all these things all the frends are doing ( they don't party together, they have different friends, they don't do anything together outside of their work). Harry and Nick ia a relationship- speculation of many people working in media and entertaintment industry (based on their closeness, Valentine day, 2 Chrismas, sleepovers etc). Come on, they spent Valentine day together, what more proof do you need they are a couple?
PS Sorry for my bad english.
- R472 The 8th Ass of Louis thread apparently got locked after a nude pic, allegedly of an underage Harry, was posted.
Lord, if it had anything to do with "tinhatting," these Nick threads wouldn't have made it past the first one.
- If you're not in a relationship (and sometimes even if you are), Valentines' Day is just another day. I spent it with friends last year because I was single.
- R488 - The Valentine's night thing doesn't sound that romantic when you look at it objectively. Harry and the rest of 1D were in France all day, and Nick was doing his usual 10-12 midnight show that night. Alexa Chung was with him in the R1 studio. Harry called into the show for a phone-in, then met up with Nick and Alexa when the show ended at midnight. All 3 of them then went to the Groucho club.
- Can someone not just create another larry thread for the Larry fans so they will go there? It's not that I mind their views, but they're not relevant and there is no room for them. This thread has a finite amount of space.
And maybe another one for the Taylor Swift fan? Funny how she keeps dismissing all sources yet doesn't have the guts to address the regular posters here who are also sources to tell them personally, that they have 'no credibility or standing'!? (not that I'd wish her to, i wouldn't wish her on anyone)
Her presence on here is odd, pointless and appreciated by no one.
NW3, didn't The Sun publish a near identical Skype story on Xmas day? What did you think to that twitter account @jrcbitch claiming she has a massive revelation about H and that "twitter is going to explode"?
R485, I'm fully expecting a kiss and won't be swayed by it. I'll only be swayed by relationship evidence that can't be faked. Harry still appears not to be in NYC. If he really hasn't been with Swift these last 4 days, it does add to the fakeness of all this?
- L Girl - I see such posts on twitter every now and again, and not only from the 1D fandom. It's just a way get followers and become "twitter famous".
Anyone with "bitch" in their username shouldn't be taken seriously anyway :)
- L Girl - funnily enough, I'm a different person to the Taylor Swift fan. I don't disagree that the tweets are relevant; simply that they've dried up and that these sources aren't exactly scoffing over all the media attention Harry and Taylor are getting, which is what I would have expected.
Your inability to calmly rationalise with someone, instead stating point blank that you disagree and anyone else can gtfo, is odder. Also, your continued obsession with Caroline Flack, despite no evidence that he could still be seeing her; far less evidence than there is to suggest he might actually be in a relationship with Taylor.
Unfortunately, you're at the point where nothing will convince you, because you read anything they do as PR. If it's too obvious, such as HQ pics, then it's PR; if it's LQ, then it's cleverly orchestrated to make sure fans take photos of them in public. They kiss, well it's been set up; they don't kiss, well that's because they're not together. They look awkward because they're not together; they look happy and friendly together, well they've had to become friends. They introduce each other to their respective families and they don't want to spend time alone; but if they spend time alone, then it's because he's not integrating her with his friends, such as Nick.
So what, exactly, would convince you that their relationship is legit? Because if your answer is nothing, then there is no point in this thread at all. The point is to discuss whether or not Harry could be gay/bi/curious/with Nick Grimshaw; but in order to do that, you have to accept when things don't add up, and there are things here which don't and you're blinding yourself to them. NW3 has made multiple points which have made sense in regards to Taylor and Harry, whilst admitting that there are also holes in their timeline and backstory (there are, I am aware of this); but the rest of you simply shout "IT'S SO OBVIOUSLY PR" and call that the end of that. You then attempt to steer the conversation "back to H/N" and yet there is nothing new to discuss, so you will simply be wasting posts trotting out the same old shit from something like thread 6.
- NW3, good point!
- L Girl - I think anonymous posters here who claim to have inside information, or know people who do, are full of shit. I've already said this.
"relationship evidence that can't be faked" - what is that, exactly?
You don't have the foggiest idea where Harry is.
- There is no relationship evidence that can't be faked; short of seeing them having hot sweaty sex. People have already asserted that they believe Harry's management could have convinced him to get the ship tattoo to bolster the relationships believability, on the grounds that whole marriages have been faked, why not a life-long piece of body art? (I don't believe the tattoo has anything to do with Taylor (or Louis) anyway.) Unless you have an example of relationship evidence that can't be faked?
It's unfair, really, that had Harry done any of things he has done with Taylor with Nick; you'd be screaming that it's beyond reasonable doubt that they're together. It's the same double standard you call the press out on when they ignore things Harry does with Nick, that were they done with a woman, he'd be linked to her as a romantic interest already.
Posters on here who have info - I am not calling them liars and I am not discounting their information (I can't speak for the other poster you were directing this at, but I assume it would also be aimed at me). For all I know they might be lying, but assuming they are being truthful, then it's all worth paying attention to. However, no one has come here saying they have heard from X, Y or Z who is in either man's inner circle that they are together. You wouldn't expect them to, I know, but gossip in satellite circles has always happened. You don't know where these people heard their information from in the first place; did their source lie or exaggerate? The point is, you don't know it's true any more than I know it's a lie. And that's not because the posters here are untruthful, it's because anyone in the chain could be untruthful.
Anyway, way back didn't someone say they'd heard Harry had been seeing Taylor for some time? That's been conveniently pushed to the side and forgotten.
- R494, the Swift fan's arguments make no sense and to be honest, I've become so frustrated with her, I've decided to no longer respond as it's pointless and you're right, I can no longer, calmly have a conversation with her.
The comments / tweets will lessen but that's to be expected. It's no longer news. Everyone knows (or thinks they do) As for why they are not rubbishing the 'Haylor' claims? The H&N tweets generally followed insinuating articles about H&N and behaviour by the two suggestive of a relationship. Perhaps the twitters felt it was ok to gossip as it was already 'out there' The ushering in of Haylor was a clear sign that H is supposed to be officially straight and obviously NOT with N. You would feel less comfortable publicly gossiping in those circumstances (this is all pure speculation and just a possible explanation)
I have no problem with 'Haylor' fans. I'm pleased that NW3 has rejoined the discussion. I don't agree with the bulk of her current views but she is polite, friendly, open minded an reasonable in her arguments. She has a place here. Someone like Swifty, who is adamant that N&H is rubbish and 'Haylor' is real has no reason to be here. She's made up her mind. She's just irritating people.
I have not made up my mind re N&H, that's why I'm here. I think it's highly likely but I'm not yet convinced.
As for what would convince me of 'Haylor' as i've said previously, the whole point of a fake relationship is that it looks genuine. There is very little that can't be faked so yes, little we see going forward isn't going to convince me. Obviously, If they announced they were having a baby, I'd be convinced but a kiss?! She is an actress afterall. Nothing about there relationship has appeared genuine so far.
What would really convince me are believable explanations for everything that has gone on before both in regards to H&N and the whole lead up to/set up of Haylor. I'm not alone in my view that this is PR. You just have to look at twitter and newspaper comments to gage the general view on this (& those people are oblivious to N&H etc)
And re Flack, yes you're right. I am obsessed with that idea and embarrassed because I know, rationally, that I'm probably being ridiculous. There is just something about that whole chapter that, If real, ended strangely. Plus, I found the whole thing quite unpleasant. Consequently, the smallest thing convinces me. I most probably have some sort of 'confirmation bias, In reverse.
At the end of the day, I'm a pretty logical person. I've been looking into this for a long time & seen/heard hundreds of bits of information re H&N. Observed their behaviour, considered the press response to them and on balance, it all adds up to something going on. I don't know that for a fact but it's what I think most likely. Haylor, on the other hand seems manufactured from start to finish. However, if I see evidence to the contrary, I'll adjust my view.
- R497, I haven't forgotten the claim that Haylor had been happening of some time but it was shown to be impossible unless it all happened over Skype. The same poster also reported that a fof knew that H&N had been involved since November 2011, another fof saw H&N snogging in GAY in September. That poster seemed nothing but genuine so I wouldn't dismiss any of her information, conflicting though it is.
That said, I mentally stored the Haylor claim as I have anything else that might support Haylor. As I said, I take everything into account to try and come to an 'informed' conclusion and on balance, the 'evidence' for N&H currently still out weighs everything else, IMO.
- I'm still with you there, L Girl. I think you said at some point that time may convince you of Haylor and I agree that that might be the only thing to convince me...but if they do last a long, long time I will have lost interest in them anyway and won't care anymore most likely, haha.
- R500, I don't even know if time would convince me. It would depend how they spent that time.
There is just something so fake and odd about the whole thing and that view isn't driven by a desperate need to believe in H&N.
If instead of Swift, Harry had started up (or revealed) a relationship with Flack, Cara, the Irish Girl, Caggie, Emily Attack or even an anon from home I would have bought it immediately.
Haylor just doesn't sell.
- I don't think Harry is gay. I do believe this young boy is being turned out by older men like Nick and Simon. The Tayor thing looks forced. They trying hard to make Harry in to the new Mick Jagger and Taylor is suppose to be his Marrianne Faithfull. Fake manufactued BS.
- Yeah, I agree, L Girl. It does depend on the way the time is spent of course...I do mean a long time though...a few months or even all of 2013 won't be enough since they will be on tour and won't actually have to meet up much to keep it going.
Anyway, I try to keep an open mind, but I really will lose interest if Harry is with Taylor in particular, so as I mentioned sometime before, I will need a lot of "evidence," haha.
- Oops - I've only just seen C's reply to my R310 post. Thanks for getting back to me. I absolutely am not trying to convince myself of anything, I can assure you! Even before the Taylor story broke, I always (and honestly) said that the sex of who Harry dated didn't bother me, as long as I liked the person. So Nick, Taylor - same difference.
When Harry and Grimmy were single and were spending loads of time together, I asked the question that many others did i.e. is something going on between them? Using all the evidence available my initial conclusion was yes, as why else are they spending so much time together and seemingly uninterested in meeting potential partners?
But I became less convinced, as did some others, when they didn't actually seem to spend *that* much time together. Yes they may have been meeting in secret, but with no evidence supporting that I didn't want to make assumptions. Take away that week-long date in August, and their contact wasn't any more than you'd expect of two close friends. Grimmy has spoken about a male American friend who spent christmas with him a few years ago and of course he had Aimee in tow this year, so close friends are clearly welcome in his home on christmas day. As I said upthread Harry spent last Valentine's night with Grimmy, but Alexa was with them all night. He regularly visited Grimmy at radio 1, but so did Aimee, Gillian and Pixie. And so on. If their management was so keen to cover up their "relationship" I don't think they would've promoted the association by letting Harry do the Team Grimmy ad and the Ladz FM broadcast.
However it was a friend of a friend scoffing at the idea of N/H dating and dismissing the rumours that began my shift, not Taylor. I posted about this at the time; thread 7 or 8, I think. Like you, I can't post his job title on a public forum but he is certainly in a position to know these things. If it matters, he's gay himself and always ready/willing to out people. Sure he may have been wrong, but it got me thinking and objectively re-analyzing the "evidence".
From what I've seen of him, I choose to believe that Harry would rather stay single and available than pretend-date someone. I disliked Haroline, but I still can't convince myself that nothing happened between them. However while my dislike of a pairing doesn't make me impervious to evidence supporting the relationship's veracity, it does make me more likely to dismiss stuff I don't want to hear. But rarely the entire relationship.
If Taylor had spent christmas with Harry it wouldn't have got the Grimmy treatment: it would have been dismissed as PR. She flew from her home country to spend her birthday with him. If Grimmy takes the day off to spend his birthday with Harry, would people dismiss it as irrelevant to the discussion?
I have seen the tweets and gossip; while I don't dismiss them, I can see where they may have originated from. One of the early ones was about H/N "being kissy" in Shoreditch house, but we're talking about 2 people who have form when it comes to tactile behaviour with friends (Harry with Louis/Zayn/Ed, Nick with Aimee/Alexa/Kelly). One of my favourite Harry gifs (below) looks anything but platonic, but it is. This sort of thing could well be one of the sources of the original story, with it being embellished over time in typical chinese whispers fashion.
Finally, if Harry and Grimmy did in fact have a thing, who's to say that they haven't since ended their relationship, with Harry moving on to someone else? They may have had a thing in the summer which has since ended amicably. Certainly all I've seen since the famous week-long date is two close friends being close friends. Which is heartwarming in itself; I'll take that anyday over a FWB arrangement.
ps: R487 and L Girl: thank you for your comments :)
- NW3, it's funny you mention Christmas as Haylor spending Christmas together would have definitely convinced me!
- I admit we only really get one or two sightings a month except for august which has been discussed but I also think back as far a last feb there were a few more occasions. Plus september and october saw them together a few times but most could possibly be dismissed as they were working together. It's difficult to come to any conclusion either way really. I don't think I would spend as many days, meals and sleep overs together as they did though even if I was working with a friend.
- L Girl, you've just given exactly the same argument as anyone who believes Harry and Louis are together and Eleanor is Louis's beard; nothing will ever convince you, because to you it doesn't look "real". You've gone native.
Why should they be together for a protracted period of time? He's 18, not looking for his future wife; she's 22, probably having fun and dating men she fancies. That's how life works. It might not work out between them. Which, incidentally, I suspect it won't; their personalities aren't suited at all. I agree with people who have said - since the old Louis threads - that Harry has a fairly obvious submissive streak. Taylor doesn't strike me as particularly dominant - or she doesn't want to be, anyway. Her public persona, through her music, seems a strange mix of angry ex meets submissive girl who wants to be taken care of by Prince Charming.
But please, don't make me laugh saying you would have believed any of those girls were something more than PR; Caggie Dunlop, really? Cara, who was lambasted on here as a famewhore, crawling her way to the top feeding off of peoples' adoration? Emily Atack?! You and I both know you would have dismissed all three as PR stunts. I know I would.
As you can probably tell, I have followed this saga and, much like NW3 says at R504, there was a time when I assumed something was going on. However, looking back, and seeing that week they spent together as an anomaly, there's nothing more to what they do together than an intense friendship; something Nick is known for, and Harry is becoming known for.
I also suspect that Harry was at a loose end this summer, which is why he spent SO much time with Nick (not suggesting this is why he spent any time at all with him, simply that it increased); the rest of 1D, except for Niall who was in Ireland and much like Harry moves in his own circles, were loved up at this point. He likes Nick and he likes Nick's lifestyle; why not have some good fun and spend loads of time with him if there's nothing else to do in-between a few work commitments?
I think NW3 makes a good point in saying that Harry's body language could be - and has been; his interactions with Louis and Zayn, particularly - misinterpreted as sexual or romantic, when it's more likely that he's tactile.
People who say they work with 1D or for certain companies; what role do they play, exactly? Where did they hear it from? You put a lot of faith in people you don't know and/or who's own gossip is already second hand.
- It's funny that L Girl seems to only be talking about what she thinks is going on without trying to convince anyone else, yet everyone seems to want her to justify herself over and over again. Nobody here needs someone else to convince them of anything, we can all decide for ourselves and come to different conclusions.
- Which is fair enough, R508 and she can believe what she likes; no skin off my back. However, she does seem intent on ignoring a lot of things. It's irritating to have someone ignore the argument and simply state "PR" over and over.
Either way, I've said my piece and I think it's clear what my own opinion is (if it's not; there's evidence both ways, but I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility to believe Taylor and Harry are actually giving something a go). I don't have much interest in arguing it over and over, without discussion that goes further than "believe what you want, it won't change my mind". I'd be happy to listen to any new information on Harry and Nick, but at the moment there isn't any. Peace out.
- Not Swifty, I don't know what you want me to say? I answered your queries honestly?
I genuinely would have believed any of the other H/female pairings but if you want to accuse me of lying because it doesn't suit your argument, that's your prerogative.
There are literally a 101 reasons (all mentioned before) that lead me to believe Haylor is fake. I've given you a number of examples of instances that will change my mind, so i haven't 'gone native' but again, you seem to be ignoring this as it doesn't fit your argument?
At the end of the day, nothing, thus far, has convinced me that Haylor is anything but PR. I'd be lying if I said it had.
Is that what you want me to do, lie just to agree with you?
- R508, one last thing. I have said, more than once (most recently at post R177) that i believe it is POSSIBLE that Haylor could be real. I just don't believe it is LIKELY.
I am not dismissing ANY possibility in these discussions. Simply sharing my views on what I think is most likely.
You seem reasonable. Please accept that I'm being honest here.
- Sorry, R511 was meant for R509!
- Oh L Girl, I believe you. I just meant that you should not be forced to justify yourself over and over because you are simply stating your opinion, which you have every right to. I agree with your opinion anyway. It's all about taking all the "evidence" and coming up with a conclusion that you are convinced with not that anybody is pressuring you into.
- R508, I know. Sorry, I addressed the wrong person!!
- Ah, no problem, L Girl! I was worried my post had been misunderstood somehow:).
You have pretty much summed up my more recent thoughts about N&H. The intense friendships, Harry at a loose end over the summer, the tactile behaviour.
From a body language perspective, all the tactile stuff is a submissive way of reinforcing group dynamics. Not so common in the US, but quite common for Europeans and the UK, especially mid to late teens prior to a first meaningful relationship.
- There are plenty of reasons to believe that Haylor is real and there are plenty of reasons to believe that it is fake. So I don't understand why everyone is bothering criticizing people for their opinions.
Personally, I am cynical and it takes time for me to believe that any relationship between two public figures is real. Especially when a relationship starts in the public eye and the couple has almost no way of meeting up more than once or twice before their first publicity release - Harry's Cosmo article (subvert) / Taylor wearing Harry's necklace (obvert).
They laid the ground work out far before that and the whole second half of the summer was spent rewriting Harry's story as not a womanizer. There would be no need for this full PR rewrite if they weren't trying to make the relationship believable. I think what L Girl may have meant about her list of girls (I would have believed a Flack do-over, Cara, or an unknown) is that they had the time to actually SEE Harry in person.
So, because of the way the relationship started, I am fake until proven real - if we continue to see times like this where Harry is unaccounted for and possibly with Swift during them then I'll be more inclined to think it has become a real relationship (because even if we have no proof they've been together if it happens several times it's harder to write off as PR).
I haven't retracked the people whose tweets we've seen in the past to see if they've said anything about Haylor but I remember one of the more recent ones was questioned "What about Swift" and replied something like: "Unless he's turned it's just for show". And the more recent posts insinuating Harry/Nick
Finally, I'm not saying Haylor being PR makes Nick/Harry real. And most posters on this thread have said that Harry/Nick is more of a friends with benefits situation anyway so a potential lack of time together doesn't mean they're not hooking up when they feel like it. And Christmas wasn't considered proof by anyone I saw but rather just another piece of potential evidence enhanced by the fact they also may have spent Christmas together last year (and Harry had apparently met Nick's father prior to Christmas). And RE: The male American friend someone listed as Nick having brought to Christmas before - when Nick said it on his show I considered it possible he may have been talking about a past relationship.
- Didn't finish my one comment! The more recent posts insinuating Harry/Nick don't need to mention Taylor (they obviously know of the existence of Haylor as it's been in every major media outlet) because just implying Harry/Nick suggests they believe Haylor is for show.
- A bit of a belated reply to your comments NW3, in a way I am in a similar position as I came into this out of interest for Nick, and was curious as to why he was spending so much time with Harry (didn't know much about 1D at the time).
My friend (I am in a slightly difficult position really of being not being able to mention where he works or even what he actually does beyond a more general term of "writer") initiated the conversation with me about their relationship (he called them "together"),as he knows of my love of Nick's shows and thought I would in interested, and his source (which he named) would be sound, so I have no reason to doubt him. (This was on 30th November). So as I result it's unlikely I'm going to believe in the "Haylor" relationship anytime soon, but that's a personal choice obviously.
My interest now really is how it all plays out. It's also been nice to have somewhere to discuss Nick and the breakfast show (well it was, but that element seems to have lessened in recent threads).
- c I am in the exact same place as you! I can see why Haylor and Gryles might be real, but I've heard it's the latter. Still happy to discuss all avenues! I am such a Nick fan though I would much rather H was with him.
I have reason to believe Haylor is PR but has been said many times there is no way of knowing - H and T haven't even verbally confirmed it yet.
I love being able to discuss the Breakfast Show too - once he's back on air I'm sure that can resume. It appears from Pixie's last pic that Guy Lowndes and Remi (his gf) are there too - previously they had been unpictured. Gives me hope that there are other unpictured holidayers too!
Nick has publicly said before Harry gets attention like no one he has ever seen - I have no problem believing his friends wouldn't post pics of him until they were home in order to protect his privacy.
- R517, yes, that is what I meant.
The list of girls I mentioned seem more H's type, have a more believeable history with him and have been based in the same city as him for the last 6 months.
I also agree with the rest of your post.
- There's a whole lot of pressures for entertainers this high up in the food chain that we can't even conceive of but I just feel things are straightforward with any of One Direction.
Maybe a break or hiatus would be good for them, get away from the spotlight and mayhem. Or just end it altogether and go off and enjoys their money, lives and loves. Be who they really are (and perhaps who they cannot be right now).
- [quote]but I just feel things are straightforward with any of One Direction.
That should read things are NOT straightforward...obviously.
Any Haylor PDAs tonight are going to look contrived to lots of eyes so it's difficult to 'win' whatever you do at this level. You can't please everyone. But I feel pleasing people is what this group has been all about and it must be very draining.
I just get this vibe that (despite whatever press is thrown at me) Harry is just a nice boy on the bus to Gaytown, Haylor is PR and perhaps Nick, out of all of them, is of some/most significance. And that Larry fans are using old gifs and tweets to dig their heels into the sand and refuse to move on.
Those are my thoughts and I could be wrong on all counts. But, there you go. Just what seems most plausible to me, while we are mulling all our stances.
- Harry has seemingly gone to ground these past few days (good for him) and it'd be nice if he could have gone away with Nick and co. but it's probably more likely he is in the US and has been doing his own thing. There was talk he was at Coldplay on his own which came off twitter so, big grain of, as ever.
The main reason that made me doubletake the 'Haylor' Coldplay pics was that for A list popstars they were not only sat among the peasants but they looked very exposed sitting there with no security at their backs.
- Coldplay is playing Barclays Centre in Brooklyn again tonight, with Jay Z this time. Maybe H will show up there :)
- [quote]If Taylor had spent christmas with Harry it wouldn't have got the Grimmy treatment: it would have been dismissed as PR.
But then you seem to avoid acknowledging that a large section of the much more powerful and influential (than us) mainstream media is churning out Haylor as if fact, in both the US and UK - maximum exposure (in a way Grimmy and Harry never never were, in fact they were sniggered off as a 'bromance' mostly). We've seen it all before and to be fair, we've seen the same tactics used by Swift in the past. No offense to her but she's an old pro when it comes to cameras following her around.
These things always seem to occur at a time of high rumours and assumption so naturally many are suspicious. If you want to believe that's fine, but I don't think it's wrong to question. I myself questioned at one time whether Nick and Harry were just a nice business arrangement to garner Radio One new fans off the back of 1D, but chnaged my mind on the finer points based on digging deeper.
[quote]She flew from her home country to spend her birthday with him. If Grimmy takes the day off to spend his birthday with Harry, would people dismiss it as irrelevant to the discussion?
We can't discuss Grimmy and Harry in the same way we'd discuss Haylor because the dynamic is different, the gender is different, the culturally accepted 'norms' are different (sadly, still) - out there. And the people are different. We have two repped as straight stars and a gay man. You know, there's dynamic differences here.
Yes, as much as it COULD be genuine it would also be easy to arrange a "birthday trip" between two 'het' young stars. Damn it she has her own jet, she can do what she wants.
When people come here and say things like Nick is 'trying it on' with Harry and that 'if you knew who he was talking to you'd know he's been able to spend so much time with Nick' (because someone thinks Nick Grimshaw is going to act as gooseberry for a year+ for Haylor) then of course I am going to question those motives when Harry then spends Christmas Day, not with T, but with the guy who we're told is 'trying it on' with him, and who he takes to Liam's b'day party, out of his whole circle of friends.
These things don't add up. And it feels like smoke and mirrors so of course people are going to question. But don't assume you understand everyone's motives. It's not about criticising Haylor for the sake of it. A lot of my pondering for example comes from statements/inferences that don't seem to fit the then human relations I see in front of me.
Each to their own. And I'll leave it at that.
- H *is* at the Coldplay/Jay Z concert tonight, according to twitter pic from Barclays Centre.
- It's not often I agree with a lot of what shippers of 'Larry' have to say.. but I find their analysation of the video of the 'Haylor' kiss pretty accurate. Shame really because I quite like the idea of them both together, but something just feels incredibly off
- I also don't dislike Taylor Swift, I think she's quite sweet really. Of course her and Harry look photogenic and 'cute', anyone standing next to them both do, they're attractive people.
I'm sure she is not really her hysterical press image, in as much as Harry is not really his, but I feel they lack energy and spirit of a genuine couple in love.
His hands down at his sides, cheek kissing polite approach (even the now famous NYE kiss which girls are screaming about on Twitter) is no more than a backshot. You hardly get a redhot vibe off the back of her hair!
I find it very hard to discern any oomph between them. He appears to me to look a bit morose in some pictures with his head down a lot.
If he really was in Brooklyn as now suggested it makes Nick's picture that same day all the more interesting to me. He also posted a good one this morning. He's such a fun guy.
- I thought he just just looked a bit uncomfortable kissing in a public place surrounded by thousands of people with camera phones. I would! Taylor on the other hand seems to like PDAs with boyfriends.
What they call "weird kissing thing" is Harry kissing her repeatedly.
- [quote]What they call "weird kissing thing" is Harry kissing her repeatedly.
It's like a child bumping noses kissing with a parent. Interesting, though they are both more than capable of real and faked kisses in any situations. This is showbusiness.
I still can't get passion from it. He looks remote and doesn't really look at her much. Rather than stand and enjoy the moment they move off straight away, right away from the camera filming them. Which I would think is one of their handlers.
As if, job done, right off we go.
- It just looked as awkward and unconvincing as the other PDA's. Are we surprised? And what was with the looking away during the hugging? Shouldn't he have buried his face in her shoulder or something? I thought he is supposed to be super tactile and affectionate? He looked as miserable as sin tbh.
They had planned to have the kiss televised but pulled out at the last moment. Perhaps they realised they might struggle to pull it off? How can it be real if everyone knew it was planned?
From what i can gather, he hadn't spent anytime with Swift from when he left the UK until he turned up for the kissing scene? (why go and see Coldplay for the 100th time when you should be supporting your new 'gf'?) They've been In different cities and even different states from each other I believe and and are apparently booked into different hotels.
Still looking fake to me...
- He did look quite caring / concerned towards her though which I thought rather sweet.
- Maybe it is the uncomfortableness of being surrounded by thousands of people and cameras, it could well be. I just feel that if you like a person (especially in the early stages of a relationship) you are sort of giddy over them? Like, I want to show this person off to the world, hold hands, hug, kiss etc. You're happy and don't care who knows it. Or is this just me? It was a NYE kiss not a makeout session, surely you'd be more uncomfortable BLATANTLY doing the walk of shame?
But I do agree he looked sort of protective over her.
- "From what I can gather"
Gather from where exactly, L Girl?
- L Girl, people forget that Harry is no stranger to camera-ready kisses. The Ostilly kiss that was supposedly faked for a tabloid scandal (and with what appeared to be bodyguards trailing round after them) show Harry is quite capable of acting up the charm when necessary.
The NYE kiss is not too terrible, and there's clearly some nice affection between them (I would imagine both he and she are loveable people on a one to one level) but he looks very distant.
- [quote]Maybe it is the uncomfortableness of being surrounded by thousands of people and cameras, it could well be.
But then you do have to option of not standing there knowing someone is pushing a cell phone into your faces and going somewhere more private?
- Not L Girl, NW3, but there is a photo of him apparently at that Coldplay concert venue and then photos with fans in Connecticut, I believe. That's all I know.
- Yeah, R536, "distant" or "detached"...for most of it anyway.
- A pap on Twitter camped outside her hotel and kept fans constantly updated too. He said Taylor went to ground in her hotel and Harry never showed up at all. The pap got so tired of waiting he went home apparently.
Harry also missed a day by 'forgetting his passport'.
- Maybe I've missed something, but the Emma Ostilly kiss only ever showed the back of Harry's head.
- NW3, I deliberately used a vague phrase because as always the information is sketchy but I thought worth mentioning! (not claiming all of this as proven fact)
One of the main update accounts 'confirmed' H was in the states but but not with T. T was spotted in Nashville and NYC alone whilst H was in CT with friends. He dropped into a fans house (who may have known said friend's) who was told to keep quiet as his whereabouts of the weekend needed to be top secret?
Given how they flaunt their 'relationship' at key moments, there is no real reason to keep his whereabouts so private unless he is not with T when he is supposed to be? And with T, was what we where we were led to believe he was. If they just wanted privacy, they would just go somewhere private?
- I for one cant wait till Nicks show comes back on.. I miss it!!!
- The Emma kiss looked as awkward as the Taylor one.
- "Taylor on the other hand seems to like PDAs with boyfriends" - There was absolutely no PDA of any kind with Jonas, Mayer or Kennedy. With Jake, she was once photographed with her arm slung around his shoulder. Kennedy is the only guy she has ever shown real PDA with - they held hands and kissed.
"They had planned to have the kiss televised but pulled out at the last moment." - Wait, is there any source for this other than 12 year old girls on twitter?
"why go and see Coldplay for the 100th time when you should be supporting your new 'gf'?" - He travelled back to Manhattan in time for Taylor's performance. There was no need for him to hang around just to watch her in hair and makeup or record a New Years message.
StupidFamous think Harry and Taylor flew out of New York between 5 and 9am this morning. LA or Nashville maybe?
- I do feel a bit for both of them; they are not very old (Taylor seems younger than 23 somehow) and this doesn't look as if it's easy for either of them.
On a different note, a tweet from a club night/DJ booker about Nick and Harry. He seems to be involved in festivals as well so I imagine he has a few mutual acquaintances with them, or Nick at least.
- [quote]ybe I've missed something, but the Emma Ostilly kiss only ever showed the back of Harry's head.
The kisses with Taylor don't show much of Harrys face either. It's hard to tell mood. I've seen a lot of the rear of Taylor's head though if that helps.
I may have been mistaken but there seemed to be a woman standing nearby pushing a phone into their space so I'm sure the happy couple footage will hit the net soon. By coincidence, no doubt.
- "T was spotted in Nashville and NYC alone" - Taylor wasn't seen in Nashville since Harry's arrival in the US. The house he visited in Connecticut is only a couple of hours from NYC. We don't know that he stayed there overnight.
- Thanks for the tweet, C.
- [quote]He travelled back to Manhattan in time for Taylor's performance. There was no need for him to hang around just to watch her in hair and makeup or record a New Years message.
And yet curiously he is able to hang out at Radio One at something he's not involved in whilst Nick is on air!
- Why the need for secrecy though, R548?
- "of any kind with Jonas, Mayer or Kennedy" *or Lautner
- R538, I knew about the Coldplay concert. This is what we know about their movements:
On friday, Harry allegedly flew into Boston airport. No-one saw him on saturday or sunday. He visited friends (of Cal) on monday during the day. In the evening he went to the first half of the Coldplay concert (started at 9.45pm, finished at 11.05pm) then went straight to Times square. After midnight he went to a party Taylor hosted for her departing drummer. At 3.30am, he was seen entering Taylor's hotel with her; they were holding hands and she was wearing his black jacket. He hasn't been seen since then.
As for Taylor, she was seen arriving at her hotel on sunday with her mother. No-one saw her between then and NYE night when she was seen soundchecking on stage with her band around the time Harry was at Coldplay, then performing at 11.40pm. She was then seen with Harry as above. No-one has seen her since then.
Just wondering how this translates to them spending no time at all together, when no-one saw Harry at all between friday and early monday? According to people who follow the band, Taylor had a meeting about the performance on sunday, yet no-one saw her leave her hotel for this meeting. Paparazzi waiting outside her hotel today have gone home as they have been told she has checked out, yet no-one has seen her or Harry since 3.30am.
- C, I saw that. No one is sold on this bar 12 year olds and 'Swifties'
I agree, i feel sorry for H&T. A NYC pap's TV producer friend working on the event confirmed they pulled out of a televised kiss. They must realise they are becoming a bit of a joke.
- R550 - also according to a tweet from someone working at the stadium he left at 11.30pm, and it's apparently a 20 minute drive back from there, so he probably just made it back for midnight, which is why there don't appear to be any sightings at her performance.
(Yes, the last night of Nick's show was lovely; as he said then, "I'm here, like every night, I just can't say anything").
- Yeah, but JayZ and Coldplay probably weren't doing a joint concert in Jay's home borough when he was hanging in Nick's radio studio! Harry has hung out with Taylor during her soundchecks before (VMAs and X Factor). Look, it wasn't a Nick v Taylor statement. I'm just saying we should read anything into his concert attendance.
- [quote]At 3.30am, he was seen entering Taylor's hotel with her; they were holding hands and she was wearing his black jacket. He hasn't been seen since then.
Was he seen being bundled out through the back again?
- Well, at least for the first two days, we have to apply the same rules as we do about Harry spending time with Nick, NW3. The fact that we don't have "proof" they spent time together doesn't mean they did but kept it secret. We don't know that they did, so we will have to assume they didn't until we know otherwise. After they went back to the hotel is another matter. Here it is of course more logical to assume they were together.
- I think we may need a bigger boat. Can I put in a polite request that those that want to discuss Haylor thread to needle start a separate thread and the Grimmy threads to discuss the Breakfast show and Harry where relevant to Nick?
I feel like there's way too much Swifty on a thread not even titled about her.
- Their are some people who believe Haylor is real their are some who don't, their are people who believe Nick and Harry are involved, some don't, their are people not sure... we all have different opinions and that is OK... but can we please stop fighting with each other....
- A slightly different angle on the kiss
- L Girl - I could say the opposite i.e. that only "jellus" 1D fans and conspiracy theorists gave the kiss more than a second's thought. Most people thought: aww, sweet... and that was it. That someone did a second by second analysis of it is rather worrying.
R552 - John wasn't really a boyfriend though, and Joe Jonas' management didn't even want them photographed together. I was going by what she's alluded to and how she was with Conor. After the first couple of weeks Jake acted like he didn't really want to be with her and even called the police once when they were being chased by paps, as I'm sure you know.
Ps: this thread is moving much faster than I type so my responses may be several posts late.
- The next thread should be titled: Why in the holy hell is Harry Styles Dating?
- I for one want a thread where we cant talk about Nick and his show, because I am here mostly for him!
- Yep, but Harry is as capable as anyone else of being able to kiss women in public. That's not an issue to me. And there are people virtually sticking cameras in their faces so he better be able to pull it off at the very least.
Absolutely each to their own but I just don't buy it. He looks too detached the rest of the time.
- I am frightened by the death grip that Taylor gives him after the first round of kisses.
- NW3, I wasn't aiming my comment at you but the more fanatical Swift fans who except everything presented by the press/syco without question!
It looks fake to me and I'm not going to apologise for that view :-)
- Hang in there, Nick fans! Nick talk will start up again when his show is back on air.
- R568 I cant wait!!!!
- R568 - 6 days!
- R558 - True, but the difference is Harry doesn't live in the east coast of America, so it's not a stretch to assume that the purpose of his trip was to see his girlfriend who we knew was scheduled to be in New York the same weekend.
R563 - I think that's an excellent idea.
- They pulled out of a televised kiss and managed to achieve exactly the same effect very publicly in front of different sorts of cameras instead of finding a private getaway.
They have every right to stand there of course, but if Harry felt uncomfortable (as suggested) he could have insisted they go somewhere private - like on a rooftop balcony.
This was designed to be seen in my opinion. That they take off straight away into the crowd instead of standing leisurely and enjoying the moment just looks like job done to me.
But that's me. Others may see deep romance here I dunno.
- NW3 please, come on.
You've just documented Harry Styles past few days - timeframe by timeframe - to a point that left me wondering if you have a tracking device on him and you're 'worried' about others?
- Dan Howell is doing a webcam again. I got the feeling he doesn't believe Haylor is real, but it was moving topics quickly. He said Taylor was a ship no one likes IIRC. He mentioned Larry and Gryles briefly. I don't think there is much of note, but again he talked about asking Nick but said he won't.
I might re watch when its available.
As for the hug Harry gave Taylor in the kiss video, its very much the same as he give fans when he has pics with them.
- Some celeb bloggers are hard up for Haylor pics and have used Nick's photobooth pics with each individually to shop the two of them together. Surely there are enough pics out there of Haylor without doing a bad photoshop job.
- R575, they're probably struggling to find one where H looks happy....
- R575 - To be fair to them, if they are not British they may have no idea who Nick is and not be aware that they are photoshopped (although I think there is a random hand somewhere belonging to Nick). They are after all the only photos they will have seen of Harry laughing with Taylor.
- NW3, whether it's a stretch or not is not really relevant, because it's not a stretch to think Harry would continue to spend as much time with Nick as he has in the past...but we can't assume that, and we can't assume Harry only travels to the US alone to meet with Taylor, since he has had these mysterious trips before when Taylor was not even in the US. Meeting up with her was of course part of the plan, since he did meet up with her, but it may not have been all. There would be no need to make the fans in CT stay quiet until midnight...
- Careful L Girl, that is what Larry shippers say about Louis and his "girlfriend".
- Just read somewhere that Harry and Taylor are back in Utah...
- R579, it was a joke!!!
- As was my retort, L Girl.
- R574, Harry seems a good person. I like Taylor too as an individual she comes across as quite nice, though I know next to nothing about her music.
I am sure they are friends whatever. I also (personally) feel sure they are bearding and the signs have been there for a while. I don't think the Larry phenomena helped and this may (imo) even be to try and finally stamp that out, planned long in advance. The Larry girls just will not give in. At least with Nick (whom I think could be a likely candidate on evidence) there's something recent to link the two socially.
I think Haylor will play out as long as it needs to for whatever reason and then the next thing will come along. It might be that no performer can truly be their selves whilst in the glare of a spotlight. Only after these things end can any of these people steer their own ships. That's my take and I'll stick to it but as always, variety of opinion is no bad thing.
Countdown to Nick's show starting again. I am looking forward to it too. Will make a nice change from all the Hayloring.
- There are loads of pictures of Harry and Taylor where he has a massive grin.
247papstv do not say that Harry and Taylor originally arranged to kiss on the jumbotron. His producer friend wanted to show them kissing (because they're big news) but Taylor left the production area straight after her performance and didn't stay around after the ball dropped.
- R582, sorry! (tired and V hungover)
- A different angle of Taylor and Harry, one presumes during the countdown.
- Scroll down to see the hilariously badly photoshopped pics.
- C, he really can't wait for that kiss can he (lol)
- C, that copper behind them's nodded off!
- R578 - I don't see how asking the CT fans to not say anything adds to the argument either way; the 1D lads do that often when they take fan pics.
An interesting tweet below, since people like to pay attention to them:
- I saw someone elsewhere ask who the bloke in red glasses is, who's in the video and can be seen in the pic right next to Harry, no fans or fans other than him? got close.
- Do we really believe, after the pain H seemed to go through with the Time Square PDA that he would partake in a snogging session amid a lift full of people?
- NW3- Correct me if I am wrong but didnt u have a friend that told u that Nick and Harry are some how involved?
- But then can we argue that just as people question what consistutes a witness seeing 'snogging at Shoreditch house' that a peck or two and a snuggle in an elevator might be deemed 'making out'?
It's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it? Shoreditch is a private club, an elavator is very public, also, if you want to be seen.
- NW3, if Harry spent all his time with Nick then just spent a few hours in CT, why tell the fans to keep it quiet till midnight, i.e. the time he would be at last seen with Taylor?
I can understand asking fans not to say anything if they're afraid of being tracked, but in this case it was the girl's house I think, then he seems to have left for NYC anyway, so nobody would have found him based on that tweet.
I am not saying there is no chance he spent those two first days with Taylor, but we should be fair and apply the same criteria to Haylor as Harry and Nick, regardless of what is a stretch or not.
- R591 - That's Grant, Taylor's guitarist. Her mother and brother are also in the video (Harry hugged them before the clock struck 12)
L Girl - why would the girl lie though?
R593 - No, definitely not me!
- Am I missing something with the tweet; all I am seeing is Taylor clinging to his back, and Harry looking the other way. Should I be seeing video or something?
- The only stretch I want to see is the next thread being kept (hopefully mostly) to Nick, Nick/Harry where relevant and the Breakfast Show with Grim's one-liners and cheek.
- The pic isn't hers - she described what she saw further down.
- The guy with the red glasses is Grant Mickelson - Taylor's guitarist and close friend
- NW3, she's a teen fan?
I'd like to apply that same question to the 300+ people who claim H&N are together... (all non fans, I might add)
New thread anyone?
- R598 - You need to start a dedicated Nick Grimshaw thread for that, I'm afraid.
- Earlier tweet by one of the girls in the lift " Taylor better watch out tonight these fierce gurls are coming for Harry ;)"
the later tweet by other girl calls them an "adorable couple" and the fact that they actually ended up in a lift With Haylor after tweeting