All Threads by Date
Christmas leftover make excellent congee
It does not have to be turkey, can be made with duck or goose, or chicken or even some other stock or meat.
Very good use. I add cabbage for extra nutrition.
- Enjoy OP.
My Christmas dinner came from Jack in the Box.
- When I was in SF there was a place on Noriega at about 30th Avenue that made the best congee. The preserved egg with greens was awesome.
- Welcome back Congee.
- Can you make congee out of leftover rice pilaf?
- Of course you can....
- I just got a Congee delivery from a NY place. Let us see how it compares to the best Congee.
This one is simple...boiled egg, greens and fish paste.
- I just had leftover congee with a poached eggs...wonderful breakfast.
- Stop trying to make congee happen, OP.
- Whatever you feel about Congee among more than one culture it has already happened. It is a hugely popular dish in much of the world.
- Can I make congee with wilted veg?
- Cabbage makes me fart.
- Man cum works well with Congee
- I finally saw congee on a menu in Chinatown NYC and tried a 'fermented egg and duck'.
- I've only had congee once, hating the texture. I think I was expecting something more like a savory rice pudding?
DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery.
Talking to DataLounge servers.
Please wait a moment...