- We have 2 part 11's!
I vote we go with this one?
- Yes let's use this one i guess!
(Old poster here,since we're going with signed posts now i added my own)
- Thankyou everyone for signing your posts. It makes the thread so much easier to read!
- Larry shippers are going crazy as Harry and a friend were at a party for Louis' birthday this evening...they seem to have the idea that H organised it? From what I can tell the friend didn't mention that in the slightest!
Also seems like N took all his friends to Guildford with him to keep him company in the booth - similar to when H and his mates from Holmes Chapel all went out in Milton Keynes as Grimmy was djing there!
- Now that things are quiet for a bit - I do have one question. Without searching through the previous 6,000! posts...has someone mentioned Harry's trip alone to Los Angeles about three months ago might have been to meet with PR people who were setting this all up?
Was the timing right for that scenario? Did everyone agree he was just there to meet up with Snow Patrol, hang out with Cal?
- OR, NW3, seemed to know where everyone was and when and all I remember her saying was that Swift wasn't there at the time.
No one ever found out why he was there though.
N16, Larry shippers probably feel like all their Christmas's have come at once..
- N16 haha yeah larry shippers are going mad but that was to be expected,and of course they would have a theory that Harry threw the party lol,as always of course nothing supports their theory or shall i say fantasy?!
R5 yes i think some people have mentioned that,personally i don't know how setting a PR up works so i don't have an opinion on the matter.I think you are referring to his trip on September right? The one that lasted about 2 days? I think the reasons for that trip are unclear but he wrote songs with snow patrol when he was there a month ago not in september.
- Someone has posted location of the party and said it's Cheshire so I think for the moment people are assuming Harry organised it with that being the location. We may find out later if that's true or not.
- thank you L Girl and WL
I knew someone said that TS was not in LA in September but wondered whether H had met with PR people from Simon or from her management.
- J i think people are just assuming it is happening in Chesire because someone said this is why Harry has been in Chesire all week totally ignoring the fact that he was with Swift all the time.
You never know with this fandom,one person makes up a lie and it spreads super fast.For example i saw a few tweets a couple of hours ago saying they spotted Harry with Taylor in Germany lol.
OR all we know is that he went to a Sheeran concert although it was reported that when Stalker Sarah met him he was in the car with an unknown man so who knows really.
- Let's not start bashing the Larry shippers again... try to remember that we have now started another thread on H/N even though there is no proof that they have even spoken to each other in several weeks. Calling the Larry shippers tinhatters is like the pot calling the kettle black at this point dontcha think?
So until we get more H/N/? news... just wondering... in the thousands of posts thus far, have we discussed Harry's 17Black tattoo? I've tried to find out exactly when he got this tattoo but am having a hard time of it, does anyone know? I was reading some blog articles about the possible meaning behind it... I do realize that only Harry knows, but I found the correlation between the tattoo and the book 17 Black and 29 Red by Richard Rider quite intriguing. I have not read any of the series, but I wonder if Harry has and if the book was an inspiration for his tattoo, and whether it might relate to a specific person in his life? Any thoughts?
I will be continuing to follow this thread (much to everyone's dismay I'm sure lolz) I have signed in the past as Blue Eyed Doll and forgotten/neglected to sign many other times, and have been called the "Larry Anon" at times, but from now on I will sign as MOC.
- [quote]I found the correlation between the tattoo and the book 17 Black and 29 Red by Richard Rider quite intriguing.
I think it's really far-fetched, tbh - it seems to be a rather obscure book.
- MOC, and what is it about the book that you find intriguing? What is it about?
- He got that particular tattoo while he was in America for the MTV awards and was staying at Cal's
According to a few articles it is believed that the tattoo is a James Bond reference(see article below).I find this more possible to believe than the book theory.
Harry doesn't strike me for a book person and judging by the fact that he said in an interview he has read and liked 50 shades of Gray i doubt he reads Richard Rider.
Most his tattoos are very common(especially the birds one,also the locker etc)and seem quite random,for all we know the G one was a bet and refers to a sports club that Harry doesn't even support!
- 17 Black is the number James Bond plays - I think people new to roulette play it traditionally for good luck! That's what my dad does!
- W, I have not read the book, but from what I gather it is the 2nd in a series of 3 books about a certain group of people's lives. Two of the main characters are young gay men, one in his teens I think, and one in his 20's? They meet and fall in love, but eventually due to responsibilities they part ways, though they are still in love with each other and still keep in touch and try to be together when they can. I am not sure how things end, or what happens in the 3rd book. But I just find it interesting that the book focuses on young gay men and wonder if if this book had anything to do with Harry's tattoo.
The James Bond theory is certainly possible as well... did Harry say that was the meaning of his tattoo? Or is it just speculation?
- Sorry R14, but I don't agree that Harry's tattoos are all that common. A coat hanger???
I'm dying to know what Louis' new tattoo is on his right upper arm.
- Harry has only revealed the meaning behind the G tattoo which i explained above,i think that happened on that Scott Mills livestream? I'm not entirely sure ,and also about the tattoos for his mum and sister,both confirmed via twitter later that Harry has done tattoos about them.He also said that the bird tattoos are about travelling,he revealed that on Ellen.
I don't think he has said anything about the rest of his tattoos so correct me if i am wrong.
- Louis' new tattoo is a photographic camera and the other one is believed to be a diamon but no clear photos of that one yet.
- and why do you care what larry shippers think? it would be cute if he planned the party tho.
- it doesnt' look like a diamond to me.
- Thank you R18.
R19, I knew about the camera thank u, it is the "diamond" one I want to know! :)
R21 thx for the link, I have not seen that pic before...the only one I have seen is quite blurry and looks like the bottom of a diamond. Of course the Larry Shippers were hoping it was a tattoo of Harry's airplane necklace. But looking at the clear photo, it looks like a heart with a vertical EKG reading running through it? Or is it the cardiac nurse in me just seeing things???
- I think it looks like that too MOC - isn't his mum a nurse?
- [quote]But looking at the clear photo, it looks like a heart with a vertical EKG reading running through it? Or is it the cardiac nurse in me just seeing things???
Not just you, MOC, that's exactly what I see too!
- Cackling at the Ben Whishaw reference. Please go with that, I like giving that impression.
I'm not going to be around as much which might please some of you. Some stuff going on in my life and of course this topic is becoming moot.
I hope I haven't offended too many people with my frustrated aggression here. No two cents to add right now.
- Come back when you can, Q!
- So, thoughts?
- It just seems weird to me?
- Very weird. Not sure if i believe the article, to be honest. Only because it just seems like such a random thing for him to say.
- The thing is why would Nick talk to someone about Harrys life? Most of the time he tries to downplay their friendship and now all of a sudden he commented on Haylor at the Spice Girls event that happened on Monday and they print the article on Saturday? Why?
- Well part of the problem is that's it's the Mirror who do have a reputation for being rather creative with their stories.
They are also running the attached totally made up of quotes from "Taylor" to a "pal".
- To me - if Nick did actually say ANY of those quotes, he is attempting to help in reinforcing Harry's heterosexuality.
If this is all PR in that direction (along with added name recognition of TS) - to not play along might be to the detriment of his career at BBC and for Harry in this huge upcoming tour year.
He has, although, been fairly sarcastic about it all on his radio show...
- OR - Yes, he has.
Oddly I listened to his "everyone" hungover Friday show yesterday (I had missed it live, and Christmas cards can be boring) and there is a part where Nick and Matt Fincham were discussing Cheryl Cole referring to Matt as a mixture of Niall and Harry, after which Matt very clearly says "your one" to Nick. (it's between 1 hour 17 and 19 minutes). I suppose he could be just be meaning friend but it seems little strange way of phrasing it if he doesn't mean more.
I was under the mistaken impression that because I do not live in the UK that I would not be able to listen to recorded episodes - but I finally went to the BBC web site, and it works...
I had only heard H&N snipits that people had posted in various places.
- OR - I am UK based so it's not an issue for me, but I wonder if they have changed something on the website as I am sure it was initially a problem for overseas listeners. Glad you can now though, although Friday's episode is perhaps not a typical one.
- Since I am US-based I always enjoy reading different European on-line newspapers...
I especially liked the dailymail's comparison of Taylor on the day after her birthday at Harry's favorite Chinese takeaway vs. her extremely recent high life of yachting with the American Kennedys.
Snarky all around - concerning her love life of the past several years.
- Nick just tweeted:
Loving those "quotes" in the Mirror today Katie Hind.
The other Mirror article:
- than he said his favorite part was "for now, anyway."
- This is the tweet.. Jamie East is the guy that said Taylor was a beard during the Union J interview.
- So is Nick saying that none of the quotes are actually from him?
- Jamie East is a big shit stirrer. He enjoys causing trouble and controversy whether what he says is true or more likely not. Just be aware.
- 41-Ya I no that just thought it was funny...
- I'd ignore the mirror article. Grimshaw is acosted, unprepared, on the red carpet about his friend's (probable bf's) latest 'gf' so is just playing along. What else would he do?
Like someone said, if anything it just strengthen's the case for this being PR as when does he normally dish the gossip like that? totally out of character.
- Haha, I love Nick's conversation with the Popjustice twitter about these "quotes." I couldn't imagine him saying that and I'm glad he made sure that was clear by tweeting about it.
- Isn't there a some other forum online you can use for your celebrity stalking?
- 45 - if you know of one do let us know; it might be handy for research....
Really this seems to have come out quite well. In terms of PR the article seems to have spread, and anyone with just a passing interest will believe it, and those who actually care about Nick, and to a certain extent Harry (as I am sure a few of Nick's twitter followers are doing so because of his connection to him) seem to respect/love him just a little bit more.
It also emphasized their friendship so much that it does give them more freedom to be seen in public if they wish.
- Some girl posted this on tumblr in the 'gryles' tag. I've lost count on how many "i know someone who knows something about not letting things out about celebs blah blah" but it's a read at least.
- Would one of you more knowledgeable people tell me who/what this "Mr X" business is about?
- [quote]Would one of you more knowledgeable people tell me who/what this "Mr X" business is about?
AFAIK it's just a random tumblr troll who made various vaguely ominous, Nostradamus-like predictions about 1D in general and "Larry Stylinson" in particular (don't really know the details, though; I think one was about a "shooting" at the MSG gig - ridiculous stuff, really). Not sure why so many people take him (or, more probably, her) seriously.
- Thank you, r49. Sounds silly. Does this person have its own tumblr or was it trolling fan ask boxes? I wouldn't mind reading some of its "predictions"!
- I think it was the latter, r50 - but I don't have a link.
- That Katie Hind is persistent in saying that she is not lying and that it's in fact what Nick had said. But I just find it too hard to believe that Nick would be so open about his opinion on Harry's "relationship" to a random journalist
- Wow she's unpleasant. Why would he deny this if he said it? It's not like it's damaging to him? I definitely think he's more trustworthy than a Mirror "journalist."
- Nick didn't outright deny it though, did he? What he seemed to object to was some of the stuff she put in. Assuming she didn't have a tape recorder, she must have written down what she remembered and maybe embellished it a bit.
The reason I beleve he's backtracking after seeing it in print is because I've heard him say stuff like "American artists are usually really boring and serious when they do British radio... they don't really get it... but Joe Bloggs was different" when he's had a lively American guest on his show (recently Taylor, NeYo) so that bit certainly sounds like him.
This isn't the first time he's tried to distance himself from stuff he's reported to have said - he did the same thing after the Robbie Williams furore. He didn't say it didn't happen; he said he was quoted out of context. He also tried to distance himself from his comments on Jonathan Ross' Halloween ball after JR dismissively said he hadn't been invited to the party. Maybe he didn't know Katie Hind was going to put it in print; he may have thought he was just chatting to a media colleague.
The main Sunday People twitter page isn't having any of it...
- I could believe he said something similar about Haylor as a joke, but I think his denial is certainly implied by saying "quotes" and mentioning the "for now, anyway" part specifically.
He has always seemed to avoid talking about Harry's personal life or to say as little as possible, so these quotes seems very much out of character.
The "boring" quote I can believe though.
- If he did say a lot of what was quoted (the boring american bit does sound like something he would say) I don't understand why he's trying to play it down. It's not exactly damaging material, unlike the Robbie/Rihanna thing which could possibly of effected listeners. He could feel weird about it, if he did say it, that not even Harry has 'confirmed' it. I'm sure something in regards to it will get brought up tomorrow on the show.
- The 'quote' that makes the least sense is..
"at first I didn't know if the relationship was a real one"
That implies this 'relationship' was as much a surprise to him as everyone else. Given H&N's closeness and the 'hints' that were planted during the 6 week lead up to 'Haylor' going public, are we supposed to believe he said that and meant it?
None of this makes sense.
- That's true, L Girl. It's all a bit strange.
- In a way it doesn't matter what he said, his tweet has discredited the story and by continuing to go on about it The Sunday People/Katie Hind are just looking childish. They are at a disadvantage due to their own reputation anyway. I think if I were Nick I would just not mention it again.
- Apparently no tape.
- Now she's comparing Nick to John Terry...wow, she is not doing herself any favours at all!
- Is that cute Norwegian poster still around?
- This whole thing just gets weirder and weirder. It only makes me think that there is in fact something going on between Nick and Harry. If it's still happening, I don't know. But this new drama only makes it look even more suspicious. Especially after the Russell Howard article last week.
- Before Nick sort of invalidated the article, I did think it was weird that someone who was meant to be "more than friends" with harry at some point (if rumours are to believed) would say "I think she may be the one for him, for now" it's awkward to say the least and very confusing.
- The difficulty is that Nick often says things in a very tongue in cheek way which does not translate to print without an explanation. It is possible Nick said a couple of things which have been embellished and taken completely out of context and without the humour behind them. Katie Hind is a prat and Jamie East needs a very large boot up the arse.
- If a well known journalist asks you about your (alleged) bf's (alleged fake) new relationship you would just go along with it. What else can you do? Point out it's fake?
- also, to add to my previous post I don't actually think there is more than friendship between Harry and Nick but I quite enjoy the gossip which is why I read this thread.
- Nick just tweeted this:)
- R68 that is really nice to see that they still all hang out! Made me stupidly smile!
- He reads this thread!!
- Guess they're allowed to be seen together now Harry has a 'girlfriend'
- It made me smile too, ES, especially because I wasn't expecting it when I clicked the link in his tweet!
I'm glad they can spend time together again and tell us about it, haha!
- Sorry, that was TriBeCa Hater at r69. Forgot to sign out of excitement.
Henceforth, I will author my posts as TriBeCa. Maybe even Tribeca due to laziness.
- Just to clarify I'm at r70. NOT r69.
- Aw that pic made me smile too - I'm getting too involved in this for someone my age!!
- Smiled too much at this photo!
At this point i guess it doesn't matter much whether they are friends or lovers,whatever they have is beautiful and it's good to see them together again:)
- Been following since Part 1, but haven't posted anything yet (whoops, sorry for not contributing to the conversation!)...
Did anyone else notice these exchanges from Katie Hind's Twitter feed?
- Made me smile stupidly too. And it's in Nick's flat! Have to listen to the show tomorrow for more details.
R76 - Same. I realised this during the N/H drought - I'm just interested in seeing them maintaining their friendship and spending time together.
- So no photo ban, no hiding, H/G want to be seen together. What do you think about this?
- R79, see R71.
- Bizarre exchanges, R77. Since when have there been any laws about people discussing celebrities' sexualities on social media? It may not be the right thing to do but it's not illegal...how odd. I don't even think it's illegal for the media, if they have information...it's just not done and rightly so.
- Hm...I have a feeling this will put a damper on Ohnotheydidnt's love affair with Harry:
- Hope we see them hanging around together again.
Amazingly the night of Louis' party I actually drove within about half a mile off the venue for his party, crossing the road the hotel is on. Then later we were discussing on hear where the party may be.
- It coulf be a coincidence that after being silent for so long they now tweet again and post photos together and with their friends,or it could be not.
I remember how Nick and his friends used to tweet about spending time with Harry often and then it was all gone,hopefully we'll getting it all back now and if i have to thank Swift for this i will.
- R81, I thought it interesting that she advised the girl that It was wrong to discuss someone's sexuality if they haven't "come out" rather than inform her that it was libel?
On that note, a guy that works for a big uk agency that supplies pap photo's to the press wrote a tweet along the lines of "an open message to David Walliam, Nick Grimshaw and Harry Styles, it's ok to be gay. We don't care"
- I agree with you, L Girl. She also said "you shouldn't be writing that on Twitter, you will get yourself into trouble" in reference to a tweet that said Harry is gay and not dating Taylor. Couple that with her later reply about not tweeting until someone comes out and Bob's your uncle.
- I agree, L Girl. The fact that she also said they were "tightening up laws" about that or something was strange though.
That tweet is interesting, definitely.
- L Girl that's very interesting! Nick is already out so i take it as he means Nick and Harry as a couple.
I remember someone on this thread saying that if H/N were involved there must be some sort of evidence out there,photo or video,and the papers might be scared to post it etc.I remembered that because you mentioned the guy works for a pap agency,maybe he has seen something? Or he could has just heard the rumors.
- L Girl - that's what I thought. It's very odd as the comment about Harry "he's not dating Taylor or any other whore you or any other person decide to stick him with" could be considered inflammatory and Ms Hind could have stopped there. Instead she went on to clarify that she was talking about a person's sexuality, and then doesn't refute their comments. After all individuals actually can speculate about Harry's sexuality, but I don't think in this case journalists can. I wonder if this is why The Sunday People was so gleeful about getting the "quotes" from Nick.
I had seen the other tweet and thinking about it, isn't it a little strange to include Nick, who is out, unless of course it is "Nick and Harry" that he actually means.
So (stupidly, I admit) happy to see the instagrams though. Should Nick ever want a change in career, PR might be the answer.
- [quote]The fact that she also said they were "tightening up laws" about that or something was strange though
It sounds like a reference to the McAlpine scandal and its fallout - which is of course a totally different isue, because he was accused of a serious crime...
- I don't know anything about that, R90, but of course anything about a crime is a different matter entirely, as you said.
- All of the tumblr girls are calling Nick racist? because of the Gangster pics he tweeted... do they not have anything better to do with their lives?
- It's not all, R92, just a few fools. It happened before with his Halloween costume as well...ridiculous.
- Blackface is considered offensive, so they absolutely have every right to wonder why he's doing it.
Here's a link for anyone who wants to read about the history of blackface and why it is considered offensive:
- Nothing wrong with calling out institutional racism regardless of intent. Especially when Harry has many fans who are of color.
- Thank you NW3, I thought I might be the only one. Blackface is EXTREMELY offensive and hurtful.
- Why are you calling it [italic]institutional[/italic] racism - because Nick works for the BBC?
- I'm not too sure if I am missing something here but isn't his skin tone the same in both the hiphop instagram and the dinner instagram? It just looks to me as if the lighting is a little dull (probably because it is partially candlelight). The pictures of everyone in brighter lighting are clearly showing their normal skin tone.
- You'd think a boy band from multi-ethnic London that has a mixed race member within would think twice before pulling the blackface shit. Say what you like about Bieber but odds are he likely wouldn't think a stunt like this would be remotely funny.
- Blackface? I only see hip-hop "accessories" which are worn by many races. Did I miss something?
- Their faces aren't blacked but it was a very misguided thing to have put on twitter.
- Calling Nick Grimshaw a racist is simply ridiculous. If you follow his career and interests, you would know there's absolutely no way he's racist. And I doubt the supposed "offensive" things he's done were done on purpose. He's just joking around. If he weren't a public figure, those things would be considered just friends messing around and no one would say a word about it. Except maybe The Superfluous Social Justice Patrol from Tumblr.
- Nick Grimshaw is an adult man who chose to tweet blackface-style photos to thousands of people, some of whom are people of colour and many of whom are not his personal friends. Of course people are surprised at his poor judgement, especially considering that someone with his "interests" should definitely know that such behaviour isn't considered cool or funny.
- The gangsta photos are just a bit of fun, aren't they?
Can't think why they are being over analysed as offensive. There are plenty of websites where you can 'Elf Yourself' that are popular at the moment for obvious reasons.
Surely the gangsta'd photos are just an extension of that, and linked to Grimmy's habbit of referring to things as 'gangsta'?
- Whatever app they used to put the gangsta costumes on turned Harry's skin dark (on purpose). Institutional racism is the kind that isn't blatant, hateful, etc... Usually out of ignorance or idealism, and very much about privilege. And yes, I would hope Zayn wouldn't be too happy with it considering what he has to go through within his own fandom.
- Funny fact; only Harry's photo is new to this "gangsta" collage,the other ones were posted on Friday or Saturday after the Christmas dinner but noone said a thing.Suddenly Harry is in the photos and Nick and his friends are racists?? Lol please there are millions of people who edit their photos this way and everyone takes it as a joke,that one is clearly a joke too why are people getting so worked up out of the sudden?!
There is no blackface,the lighting is dark that is all and the gold chains aren't offensive?! None of these people are racists i think we all know that and if they took a joke too far for someone's liking then what are we gonna do? Execute them? Don't tell me YOU have never messed around with such editing or something similar.
- r102 oh so I suppose "I have black friends" is a good defense? You could learn a thing or two.
- That app does not darken the skin that is just the lighting...
- Usually when people point out that something is a thoughtless thing to do, it's better not to do that thing unless you want to be seen as a person who does thoughtless things. Some background info at the link.
- This thread is such a disappointment. 1) you don't know these people personally. 2) none of you have any idea what racism means. 3) hipsters use irony as a way to get away with it all the time. maybe they don't know what they're doing, but that doesn't mean it's not racist. 4) that is blackface.
That's all I'll say here because I'm getting angry. Good day.
- Q you keep complaining about this thread yet you've been here forever,you should do what you said a while ago and take a break from it,might be for the best.
- But r11 I'm a warrior! I was gone for 2 days, got bored and came back and saw this and couldn't keep quiet. I guess I should avoid all corners of the internet where I might find ignorance.
- R106 I definitely didn't say "I have black friends" is a good defense because I'm saying that there's nothing to defend in this particular case. But obviously that is just my opinion. And of course I'm not a racist. I'm not even "white" to begin with, not that that fact could immediately invalidate the possibility of someone being racist.
- The pictures are racist. It wouldn't be the first time someone has unknowingly done something racist. Let's assume good will from all involved. Systematic racism isn't malicious and this representation isn't either, it's just thoughtless.
I think more interesting things are going on in this story.
- R114 I agree
Racism is surely intentional or unintentional belittling of someone due to their race or nationality.
How is posting a selection of pictures made through 'Gangsta Yourself' style website racist?
They are just having some fun, eating Sunday lunch. The lighting changed as it got dark and some pictures appear darker than others nothing more. Crying institutional racism and getting upset over a few fun photos is OTT,
- Where's the joke? Stereotypes are funny. Especially when you exaggerate them and make them look foolish. Right?
- It IS racist, isis, and I think the consensus is that Nick and to a lesser extent Harry are operating from a place where they think it's funny and don't know why it's racist. The website is racist. Q is not OTT.
Besides, there are more interesting things to discuss. Like Harry being outed by the journalist on twitter.
- Katie Hind has dug herself one big hole today...
- Has she said anything new, ES or do you mean the previous conversations?
- R120 In regards to the previous conversations
- Looks like people missed the afros on Pixie and Harry. Or was that also "lighting?" And what exactly is "gangsta" about the pic below?
This thread has made me realise just how the other half think, for want of a better phrase. It's been a real eye-opener!
- NW3 - noticed that too with the pick, and the huge mouths. But it's okay because it's a joke. The punchline? Race!
- Q - exactly!
The Harry one:
- r122/NW3, those are awful! I rescind my comments about them likely not knowing the pictures are racist - how could they possibly not know?! I'm unhappy Harry seems so complicit in it. I'm close to becoming the next George Shelly fan.
- I'm disappointed that he RT'd it. His fandom is fulllll of racist kids who think he's a demigod. Now they've just got more fuel.
- He aslo added "haha" to his retweet.
I miss the days of Harry Styles being portrayed as a feminist. Accurate or not, it was something better for the fans to soak up.
- That was also ridiculous, and only because he apologized for acting/being sexist. Suddenly everything that wasn't awful that he said about women was feminist. If he apologizes for this he'll become a race warrior. But I don't see it happening. No one in his life is going to tell him to his face that this is bad. People just don't understand.
There certainly are more interesting things to talk about, not sure the twitter outing is anything more than I've already read/seen linked to hear over the previous threads, but it keeps my interest alive. Especially since people were considering giving up on the thread a day or so ago!
I am so easily persuaded. After all the Haylor PR I caught myself considering whether to download the latest Taylor Swifts album or not! In a right mind, I am not remotely interested in buying her album, just all the PR has got into my subconscious.
Still have to disagree on the racism issue, adding gold chains, caps and blingy teeth to a photo does not a racism jibe make, in my opinion.
- You must not have seen the one of Pixie, that's the only way I can comprehend your opinion, Isis. But I'll leave yall alone.
- Lets get off high horses shall we. I highly doubt such a hispter, liberal group of people are racist or sexist. don't be rediculous. has no-one ever done the fat booth thing on their iphones, all my friends have and posted them on facebook or twitter but they are not meaning any 'offense' to fat people, its just funny. people at work have printed out fat booth photos on their desks at work, and they sit next to fat people. its a joke, a laugh, something funny.
- Looked at the one of Pixie, the flash is so bright her skin is so pale and the graphics added are too big for the photo, but I spot no racism.
Any way, night all!
The voice of reason chimes in- excellent!
Never done it but I can see the humour in it.
- I think the debate hinges on this: is the appropriation of cultural paraphernalia like chains and "grills" on the same level as blackface? Poking fun at "gangstas" doesn't have the same negative cultural and historical weight as blackflace and I don't think the two should be compared without justification.
While jokes about the hip-hop subculture often imply a racial distinction - that scene isn't entirely made up of one race and it's that scene that's coming under "attack" with the instagram pictures. The punchline of those jokes is not the "race" but rather the hip hop subculture. Just like how with hipster jokes (a predominately white subculture) the punchline of people making fun of fixed-speed bicycles or plaid doesn't hinge on race.
But on the other hand I'm never one to tell someone NOT to be offended by something. So if you are offended then you're welcome to be - I just wanted to make the distinction that cultural appropriation (which could be considered a negative thing in it's own right) isn't the same as blackface. And in terms of the Nicki Beiber video they even said on the show that it was intended to be fake tan.
- Harry is 18 i think people have way too high standars for him,yes he might be mature on a certain level but he is still a teenage boy,he finds these things funny like most kids his age do,as well as a bunch of other things that older people will think of as racistic.
He's not a feminist,all he ever said was that he respects women because he grew up with his mother and sister and he had numerous female friends so he got used to the female company and likes women etc,another thing that tumblr fangirls exaggerated about,turning him into a God of feminism.
Nick and his friends might be older but they aren't the most mature people around and they have definitely had a few drinks more than they should.I do think the whole thing was intended to be a joke and noone wanted to cause any harm.
I understand why some find it offensive and others don't,personally i'm gonna take it as a bad moment and leave it at that and wait for more evidence before thinking that these people were actually meaning something by these photos and that it wasn't a joke.
- R134 I was going to say the same thing - "gangsta" is a lifestyle, not a race. You can call the lips racist, I think, but I don't entirely see it myself. I can see why people are offended and they are in their right to be, but "gangsta" in and off itself is not racially distinctive. They seem to be mocking the aesthetic style more than anything.
I certainly don't see any blackface.
- Well said, Links. MTE.
- it was mocking black people, because gangsta culture is associated with black people. but you all go one making excuses and finding loopholes while black people either feel insulted, hurt, or too self-loathing to know the difference. if a group of people gets offended by something, it's offended. this thread is shameful.
- it's *offensive, I meant, of course.
- Q: Oh dear, you're having another tantrum I see. Was it 'Jerk's' you called us all last time? Now we're all 'shameful'? Different people have different opinions. If you don't have the maturity to deal with that fact without resorting to name calling, maybe this isn't the forum for you.
- Back to the subject of the thread. Apparently harry is returning to the uk 3 days after the rest of the boys this week so expect another pr show, this time on taylors home turf of LA. I'm sure there will be another trip over the xmas period to, maybe Nashville?? Reckon they'll won't finish this until after harry's birthday beginning of feb. Also, anyone seen the aussie magazine claiming taylor is having harry's baby?!?!
- so on his breakfast show this am grimmy said he had friends over for dinner and they stayed around for ages to watch TV. AND despite saying he wanted them all to leave so he could go to bed, he admitted to Dev during their handover on his show that he ACTUALLY stayed over at a 'friends' last night.
You wouldn't entertain at your place then stay go over to someone else at the end of the night to stay over unless they are your partner/person you are shagging?!?
Wouldn't harry still be the most obvious contender for this???
- Makes sense to me, r142.
- It’s kind of obvious that he left for sex since Aimee is staying with him and he’s only got the one bed so not really an ideal situation.
And since they stayed late it would make sense for it to be someone he was already with and I really doubt he could be sleeping with anyone but Harry from those who attended that dinner,or he could left for a booty call with another young stupid model.
No matter what happened,and if that "friend" isn't Harry,then it's obviously not anyone important since if he had a boyfriend he would be having dinner with Nick and his friends.
Or Nick might said that on purpose since he knows the tumblr fangirls are looking into things,maybe he didn't want them to think Harry stayed over? I know this is an extreme theory but others have stated before that Nick is reading tumblr(we know he does)and so might be saying certain things on purpose.
- I agree nick is definitely aware of tumblr and all that but in this case specifically it seems like an odd way to deflect - it just draws attention even more to him staying with someone else when he could have just made a comment about everyone leaving idk. Bc yeah everything else points to him going over to Harry's.
- I think that article the other day might have to do with this. He didn't deny the entire thing. He probably meant to say that Taylor and Harry are in a relationship. Because of that article now the public and especially the fans will be more willing to believe that "Haylor" is real, and Nick (considered by the media and the public as Harry's bff and a reliable source) apparently knows that it's somewhat serious. It's a perfect situation for H and N to fool around on the side freely (or at least without raising so much suspicion), and even for Nick to go back to his usual cheeky comments since Harry is now "officially" in a relationship with a very female Taylor Swift.
- 146, I agree that Nick likely did talk with the journalist and say something along those lines, it would be in his interest as well if its covering up his own relationship. The journalist said there was no tape recording so I think his words were most likely pretty embellished - I mean the quotes clearly sounded nothing like how he actually talked - and that's probably what he was taking issue with, the "quotes" which weren't verbatim/were exaggerated/etc
- I agree,i don't imagine the entire "interview" was made up,i think Nick gave some vague answers,something along the lines of "Harry and Taylor are having fun they get along" and Mirror just turned it into this ridiculous article!It didn't sound like Nick at all and he never talks about his friends' personal lives so i can't imagine he did this now in detail.
And yes i also agree with your other point,now that Harry has a very much female girlfriend he and Nick can hang out without raising suspisions and the press can't really force the subject since Haylor is what they are supposed to be talking about.
- Normally i'd say that Nick likes to mention staying over someones house to get a reaction but the thing is, Dev brought it up and not many people really listens to Dev's show (or at least Nick thinks so) that listen to Nick's.
- R149 i agree,maybe Nick thought that could go unnoticed by the majority of people/fans.
- Especially since Nick mentioned at first on his show that he wanted his friends to leave so he could sleep.
(I meant to add this in R150 but hit post before i added it oops!)
- I like how the second Taylor left the country Harry was all over Nick. I expect many more moments like that now that Harry is "in relationship". On the other hand, do you think Harry's bandmates know about Harry and Nick?
- R152 I'm pretty convinced that they know about how close they are. I remember that time Niall was on the phone on the breakfast show and Grimmy asked if he could come along to the tour and he replied with something along the lines of "Well in all honesty you'll probably be there anyway". They've also mentioned in the past that he has come along to events in the past. I also thought the interview they did with Matt Edmondson at the teen awards was telling, when Matt brought up Nick they all sort of looked at each other and there faces looked like they were thinking "is he really mentioning this?" plus they found it hilarious.
They could just think they're good friends though? Liam has mentioned in the past that Harry is a very secretive person.
- OK tweeted the following yesterday. "Hmm, wonder why this man had reservations About Harry and Taylor going out...?" Then linked to their version of the article with Nick's quotes (or not)
I wonder what they were implying?
- J i think they were referring to Nick's "quote" about how he wasn't sure at first whether Haylor was a real relationship or not.
It's an odd way to present the article though.
- I'm sure N spoke with the journalist about H&T. She would have asked him about it and despite the rumours, if N&H are a 'thing', I'm assuming it's still officially a secret even though many are talking about it.
Re N's sleepover, H does seem like the most obvious person for the reasons already mentioned.
Re 'Haylor', those Harry driving Taylor to the airport pics were definately pap photo's. These must have been planned. If the paps had simply found out where the two were staying, there would be other pictures of them around the hotel etc.
Eitherway, if H is staying over a couple of day extra in LA, it will either be complete with more romantic Haylor pics or at least the inference that he is staying longer to be with her.
- def think harry and grimmy are still together. the dinner proves they haven't fallen out or broken up like someone said. All the other people at that dinner were at grimmys dinner on friday so sunday's dinner must have beem for him. AND, the last three times harry has been back in london, both he and harry have been MIA.... Let's face it, if grimmy hadn't posted that pic, we would never have known they were together. they can obv see each other on the quiet. Basically, gossip got to much, they dragged in taylor, all the tweens are convinced harry is in love and harry and grimmy can now relax again. no one over 14 believes haylor. it's so weird that some people on here have been convinced by halor so easily. they know more about harry and grimmy, harrys gay rumours and even saw haylor coming but seem MORE convinced than the daily fail readers who isn't even aware of the gay rumours. Weird...
- It's funny how those update accounts on twitter were posting that Harry is in Chesire or in other locations and suddenly Harry popped up in London in Grimmy's flat!noone noticed him being back to London!
I agree,if we haven't seen that photo we would still say that this subject is over and it was another intense friendship/relationship of Harry's that ended.I do believe that they have spent more time together than what are aware of and they don't have to be together 24/7 to prove that they are still in contact.
All i am saying is if Harry wants to go MIA he will go MIA and if he wanted privacy with Taylor he would have gotten it,not easily but he could.Maybe they will go "MIA" soon to prove their "relationship".
On a sidenote,i love those occassional twitter interactions between Grimmy and Harry's mom and sister,these two women are the most important people in Harry's life and i guess it must mean a lot to him that they like Nick.
- Also meant to add in R158,some people said that Harry's family and friends followed Swift on twitter which means Haylor could be real.
Well Taylor isn't following Harry,i couldn't believe it but i saw fans claiming so on twitter then checked it myself!
Maybe she is saving herself from unfollowing him post break-up?!
- yeah, according to those uni girls at the party, harry only stayed there a couple of hours and then drove through the night to be in london first thing saturday morning. He probably only stayed up in cheshire to make an appearence at louis' party to show a united front and all that.
- Actually there had been something about Harry coming down to London on Saturday (one of the Friday night party guests had mentioned it), and a fellow guest also tweeted that they had shared the lift with him at the Ivy that evening (a very useful restaurant for anonymity), but no one with him was mentioned.
L Girl - I agree with your thoughts about Harry's time in America; the fact that we already know that he will be returning a couple of days later than the rest of the boys seems a little suspicious. And then, of course, 1D and Taylor will be performing at the same event at New Year in New York. A point which I imagine was being referred to by the Sun a couple of weeks ago (the link is attached, but nothing new).
I do think it's all worked out quite well though, a lot less suspicion and a lot more freedom along with the emphasis of Nick and Harry's close friendship. I wonder if the Mirror reporter has realised she was played yet.
- i don't get why people take any notice of who follows who on twitter when it comes to things like this. pretty sure PR people think about all this type of stuff. What's gonna look real etc etc. twitter is so public. it's just another handy tool for them.
- Louis's party was in fact organized by his mom (and his mom's boyfriend) in Doncaster and suposedly Harry stayed for a couple of hours because he wanted to be Saturday morning in London.
- I remember seeing somewhere that Harry wanted to be back in London for 8am but I don't know how reliable that was. May have been a tweet by girl at the uni house party.
- Yes R164 i remember it was rumored that had to attend some sort of bussiness,if that is true which could be,explaining his rush to be in London i wonder why once again he is doing bussiness without his bandmates
- Earlier Scott Mills mentioned Haylor, and I guess it was kind of "throwing shade" at her, or whatever the saying is!
"Her and styles are a thing then..... that's happening. Invited him over to America for christmas and she's already met his mum, STOP INVITING YOURSELF AROUND"
It's around 29:29 if anyone is interested.
- Thinking back to few years I remember papped pics of people leaving The Ivy. mostly only staying on photo agency sites and occasionally being used by daily star and magazines. One particular one was of someone off Pop Idol so it was years ago but it did make the paper. Is it even moreanonymous nowadays?
- R166 - Wow - Shifty Swifty - Shifty eyes?! I love the way he you can hear him almost laughing as he gives the song title though. Not a fan then.
- Sorry a redundant "he" in the second sentence.
- Just remembered Gemma mentioned Haylor on her radio1 show sunday morning after she played 1D. She said she thought they were suited. She said she was only going on things she'd read and had no inside info.
- I think the reason noone is buying Haylor is because despite the "signs" the whole thing was rushed so it looks painfully staged,add in Harry looking uninterested in her in all these pap photos and people who have seen them claiming that they acted like friends not a couple and the whole thing looks just very bad.
Usually the press play along,even when they know that a pairing is staged but in this case you have a new article everyday doubting the reality of their relationship and claiming that Taylor is using him to revenge Kennedy or to get bigger in the UK etc.
The whole thing is very entertaining to me.
- Oh my, what is this???
Real? Photoshopped? Not them? Not what it looks like?
- 172- all of the above
- According to twitter, Harry went to his usual tattoo parlor after landing in LA and was there for about two hours (no paps) then Taylor shows up at half past midnight with her brother and her people and *poof* three paps appear five minutes after she does.
Is anyone still buying this?
- 174- I no its funny
- And apparently a guard brought a bag into the parlor for Harry - so it looks like since hotel pics would be too obvious because Taylor has a private home they will instead have Harry walking out the tattoo parlor hand in hand with Taylor carrying his trusty overnight bag.
"BECAUSE THEY'RE SLEEPING TOGETHER WE SWEAR!"
- Here's a photo of them at the tattoo place. They left together in a black escalade around 1:15 so Taylor literally showed up for thirty minutes tops and when they left 5 paps (who hadn't been there for the three hours previously that Harry was) were there to take pictures.
Most obvious tabloid photo shoot ever.
- Haylor in Tattoo parlor
- I'm just so tired of Haylor
- All a bit predictable really. Apparently 1D will be in NYC on NYE. I expect we'll have this for at least another month sadly.
- Harrys new tattoo and Haylor looking cozy..
- It's quite sad, prior to this I quite liked Taylor but now I just find her really annoying and clingy! And will he EVER STOP, there is not any consistency with the tattoos, they're all just so random.
- She's quite the poser... every "normal" photo she takes she's doing some cutesy pose like she's in one of her cheesy videos or photoshoots.
He's actually managed to get his arm around her in this one. Love his hand in his pocket in the picture they took with the fans. Also, looks much happier in the picture by himself doesn't he?
- Sweet god, I actually gasped when I saw that tattoo. It's hideous! The "white" sails look like rents in his skin. If he's going for a "sleeve", as people have said, a patchwork of miscellaneous images is... well, a starting point, but really. Some tattoo sleeves are beautiful, but what he's got going on is going to make his body end up looking like a piece of paper covered in random doodles.
Some girls on tumblr helpfully pointed out that the new tat a "ship"... oh dear.
That is the happiest Haylor photo I've seen, though. He must be excited about his new art. Taylor's expression is like "what have I gotten myself into..."
- Taylor has the same composed smile always,accompanied with that dreadful red lipstick and black eyeliner,i suppose as time passed and they spend more time together they'll learn to look more comfortable with each other,i think Harry's wide smile is because of his tattoo though,not Taylor.Aren't his tattoos just horrible?! I love tattoos but his are so random,boy will regret them in the future
I love how Harry's people brought him a bag because HE IS STAYING AT HERS and they are SLEEPING TOGETHER! Seriously there is no need to remind people constanly that they have sex,noone wants to know this but they do and it's making me question if they do it to remove any doubts about Harry's sexuality? Or it could be to make the relationship seem more real,or it could be both!
I won't even comment on the papparazzis "randomly" appearing minutes after her arrival!See HQ photos don't mean a couple is fake,many very real couples sell their relationships to the press because they just can't get enough publicity but Haylor is just ridiculous!
- R186: don't tell me you have been converted to Haylor too! there will be no one left soon but then that's the aim of the stunt i guess... flood the press with a constant stream of haylor images and they'll forget everything that went before. that's how people's minds work and it's clearly working lol!!
- Haha R187 no never i believe it's staged! I was just pointing out that HQ photos alone dont make a couple fake since many celebrities don't mind selling their private life for the shake of publicity and attention.However i don't think that is the case with Haylor,i can buy them as friends or even Taylor having a but of a crush on him but it's pretty obvious that there is no actual relationship and the whole thing is just a beneficial agreement on both parts,a staged relationship.
- R188: i know right. I just don't get how people on here are buying it?? don't people think its a coincident that this started up just as her single trouble was released which they are also trying to suggest is about haylor? or all the articles that were written about how quickly taylor falls in love sooo quickly right before haylro are suddenly inseperable. it's like everything is a rushed explanation to make it seem believable!!!
- R189 I think people are trying to be open minded as anything could be possible,personally i don't mind if others buy Haylor or not,my personal opinion is that the whole thing is painfully staged and fake but if someone wants to believe it's an honest relationship then so be it.
In the end of the day what i'm actually interested in is N/H,i never took interest in Taylor and her whiny music so i don't plan on starting now.
- R190: yeh your right, i'm just confused i guess because it seems so obvious to me.
- And the Daily Mail are already running it. I imagine the others will when they can actually manage to work out how to put a romantic light on being picked up at a tattoo parlour.
As for the tattoo itself; did he just see Nick's transfer one of a ship in sail a couple of weeks ago and think that will do.
- Sorry, R192 was me; I forgot to sign.
- I think this was all very carefully timed. not only is there tayors bd, christmas, NYE, harrys bd, valentines BUT ALSO, assumimg they are going to NY for NYE's harry and taylor have conveniently been in europe and the the US 5 FOR WORK at the same time, 5 times in the last 6 weeks. makes this all very easy...
- Also, how drunk does harry look in those pics lol!!! oribably why he forgot to hold taylors hands for the paps...
- I'm not looking forward to weeks of Haylor and I wish Harry would stop with these tattoos.
- What are those letters next to Harry's new tattoo? Is the H the remains of the old "Hi" tattoo - or was that somewhere else?
- If you've watched the 'I knew you were trouble' - video you probably know that the guy in the video also has a ship tattooed on his arm.
- I'm not sure about the old tattoos but why has he got a triangle attached to the top of the sails. Is that new too?
- j, No the triangle is not a new one. I think he got it a few months ago. If I'm not completely wrong I think we discussed it considering that Nick also has some sort of triangle-tattoo. But I think Harry's tattoo was supposed to be Pink Floyd-related.
- [quote]But I think Harry's tattoo was supposed to be Pink Floyd-related.
It does look like the Dark Side of the Moon cover, and I think Harry was wearing a t-shirt of that recently.
- Here's him with the shirt:
- so i've just watched the Trouble video and it's about her being cheated on by a popstar, She goes to a tattoo parlour with him, has a game of pool and even wears a britsh t shirt?!
This single is released just as she starts up with harry, a pop star who supposedly cheated on her, who is britsh, who she goes to a tattoo parlor with where she has a game of pool..
Is this actually all one big joke?!?!
- Thanks. Yes it does look like the tattoo is the pink Floyd logo on the t-shirt.
- Seriously, R203? That's amazing really.
- R205: haha, yes. The tattoo is even the same and in the same place. the video was only filmed a few weeks ago, after harry and taylor met at the xfactor USA. probably discussed what his next tattoo was going to be to make it look more real. the whole thing is a farce...
even the 23 cupcake thing. the order was placed by his PUBLICIST and they were insistant that it was 23 even though they were sold in 24's. I guess the reason for buying them wouldn't have been so obvious if they had just bough 24 and dumped one...
EVERYTHING they do is designed for the papers....
- J (R196) agree on both counts but they'll wind 'Haylor' up as soon as Harry's hetro credentials & solo artist star quality have been established!
- I'm sorry, but that's just bizarre now! I hope someone can get a few caps from the video for comparison!
Here's the screencap comparison that's been going around tumblr.
It doesn't really make sense. If they were together then why would he a) get a tattoo similar to one of the guy in a Swift "break-up" video or b) tell Taylor that he's getting a ship tattoo and then have her put one on the model?
From a 100% PR standpoint it's a bit odd as well. Is this more backtracking? Have him have a similar tattoo and eventually everyone will forget that it was in the video first so that everyone will draw comparisons to the guy in the video and say the song is about Harry?
- Thanks, R209.
It is odd really. I thought the same thing about the idea that in time people will forget which came first.
- So now as well as informing the 1D twitter accounts that harry will be syating until the 23rd, sources have now confirmed to the press that haylor will be spending time together in taylors la mansion. they sure don't want us missing out on ANY of their romance do they....
- Bet you anything that he actually stays with that Cal guy and his wife..
- The One Direction account just tweeted to a fan "I cannot quite believe the tweets you have written. I am truly horrified #sosad". There was a full stop in front of the fan's name to insure that everybody sees the tweet, but then it was immediately deleted. The strange thing is that I can't find anything particularly offensive on that fan's twitter. Weird.
- R213 That girl had been tweeting offensive Hitler jokes and a few rude things about Taylor.
- Meanwhile Nick is posting photographs of matching Converse... Most of the comments seem to mention Harry though.
- R215 There is no possible way to tell who's shoes they are, could be anyone. Nick knows the majority of his follows are probably 1D fans. Not stupid!
- R215 - Some people seem pretty sure that it's Pixie Geldof which makes way more sense.
- R216 - Yes, and the little black heart is so cute...!!
Having said that he has previously posted pictures of shoes on instagram which don't have anything to do with Harry so there may be no intention behind it.
- The trousers make me think it's Aimee.
I think it's slightly ridiculous to think that Harry could let them convince him to tattoo something specific from a music video JUST to reinforce the idea that he's with her? I doubt it's in his contract that they can ask him to get technically life-long body-art for the sake of the band.
I quite like the tattoo though; and it links in with the swallows, with the theme of travel and journeying. It looks puffy now, because it's freshly done.
This thread has turned into the Haylor tag, I'm sorry, but I barely even read this anymore.
It's nice that he had dinner with Harry and everything, but exactly where is this iron-clad evidence that they then went to Harry's and had sex?! Someone earlier said that Nick is possibly coupled up, but not with Harry; it could make equal sense that once everyone had left he'd gone there. Could easily be a very good friend he hasn't seen in a while. Did Nick mention how late it was? It may not even have been that late to pop over someone's house and then just decide to stay the night ...
The thing with the boat is weird, but it's not an unusual tattoo. Either way, it's highly doubtful Harry has gotten the tattoo in retrospect because of "management".
And whatever this cupcake business is about - publicists make calls for the people they're working with all the time. You'd probably still say the same if it was his personal assistant, though; anyone but Harry himself (or maybe he was forced to make the call?!).
Everyone seems willing to argue their way out of anything right now.
- I really like Harry's galleon tattoo. And it's perfectly possible he had decided on it after seeing it one someone else and wanted to go for something similar. Or the silly video may have been moulded to fit round a pre-planned idea and he's mildly gone along. Harry could have a million reasons for having any tattoo, all of which could be made to fit by tabs, twitter and fans. And they may still all be wrong.
Hell I wanted to be a pirate as a kid. I'd get that tattoo as well.
Louis' 'diamond' btw, looks like a broken heart jagged line? Or perhaps a pair of pliers, lol!
I do feel sorry for Grimmy though. If he is with Harry (and even if he wasn't), it's still pretty poor form for magazines to use his name and face to over-endorse something that seems to be paradoxically scrubbing him out of existence where Harry is concerned.
There's nothing subtle about this imo. It has all the hallmarks of a typical overdone Modest and Hackford job. I do appreciate, if this is the case, that things are difficult and not as straightforward as watchers may think. A lot may be at real stake here to protect.
As to why, I had a few other thoughts: a Harry with a 'steady gf' would be a way of making the press stop writing him up as a near prostitute. I think even he was getting sick of that.
I also feel this group has strong loyalty bonds between them, something which maybe goes deeper than ordinary people assume or see. Perhaps it's Harry's 'turn' because he is at present helping to protect someone else in the band, or deflect from attention/pressure elsewhere. Someone else with secrets who people would never even guess at?
Haylor looks very showmancy. I am sure at some stage they will have to kiss (probably getting training lessons right now) but I have to say Harry has thus far wobbled only slightly and I did like the picture of him with his hand stuffed in his pocket at the tattoo parlour. But there's no way he'll be rude or mean to her (why should he?) because he's a gent.
- Harry's galleon looks nothing like that dude's though. Different design and style altogether.
I prefer Harry's. He's taking a lot of shit from the terraformers on the Daily Mail about the state of his tattoo/s but I rather love his new one.
- I like the galleon too, it's a mature design compared to some of the doodles he has had done before.
- R220 - I'm interested by your comments, but I am not sure if I agree with you about Nick; surely an article which states that they are best friends, that Harry is often at Nick's and that they speak a lot when Harry is on tour is actually emphasizing their friendship. Regardless if they are involved further, it sets them up as being very close friends who spend a lot of time together. If anything it pushes Louis out of the picture rather than Nick.
- R219 - I don't think anyone was suggesting Harry GOT the tattoo to reinforce the idea, but rather was planning on getting the tattoo (big ones like this usually take some time and the tattoo artists has said in the past that Harry's had some things planned) and the guy in the video had the tattoo to reinforce the idea (Larry shippers have searched and the actor from the video doesn't appear to actually have a boat tattoo or a "Love" banner tattoo).
Though it does seem likely that the boat tattoo was just a very strange coincidence.
Links - about the after dinner sleepover. It easily could have been a booty call with someone other than Harry but if he was seriously coupled up with someone then why weren't they at the dinner part or friday's dinner? He said on his show that he was tired halfway through the british athlete awards show and that his friends insisted on staying the whole time. So it seems unlikely that he would pop round to a platonic friends house with his toiletry bag when he's got the breakfast show in the morning.
- C, I try and look at what I think is the bigger picture of what is going on here.
How this is being done is very clever. To me it is less about drawing attention to Nick and Harry's basic friendship (because the jokey pally schtick is superficial media-safe fluff tbh) than that which it potentially seeks to draw away from, now using other angles.
- Links, is it really unreasonable to assume that maybe H is the person N slept over with or is maybe coupled with? After all, he is the only person persistently rumoured to be in a relationship with N and the only male N has seemed inseparable with over the last year.
'Haylor' exhibits all the hallmarks of a PR exercise, is perfectly timed to obliterate growing gay gossip and capitalise on Album/tour sales. It also makes no sense in any other context.
There is a lot of 'Haylor' on this thread and some 'over zealous' (tin-hatting) arguing against it. However, the sudden and absolute dismissal of N&H being real given everything we've seen over the last year seems equally strange.
- L Girl, I must be an oddity here than because I could totally buy Harry and Nick together. Not sure about how 'exclusive' but I could see Harry with an older guy. I think he could handle that.
I'm not usually up for full-on tinhatting but even I had to wonder if, after a fortnight of some really shameless Haylor promotion, Harry suddenly allowed himself to be pictured at Nick's dinner party, as if to remind people he's still kicking at some level with folks he hung out with before.
This would be the Nick that was, according to a poster here, 'trying it on' with him. The one he basically goes to as soon as the showmance/band duties die down.
- Someone on tumblr made a post about how Harry now has a ship on his arm while Nick has an anchor on his wrist. Very tin hatty. Also, very cute.
- R225 - Yes, I agree. I think the article in the Mirror gave far more attention to their friendship than anyone would have expected, and I imagine the Mirror emphasized that point so as to give more weight to their story. It was also perhaps unfortunate that the Sun had gone with the Russell Howard quote a couple of days before as well, as that certainly wasn't anything the PR company would have been involved with. Interestingly Gordon Smart, who wrote the story in the Sun, was at Radio 1 with Nick today (they tweeted each other about it).
With regards to your other comment about being seen kissing, one imagines they will have to at least attempt something at New Year.
- R22, the Larry shippers were looking for an anchor on Louis with the usual battle cry of "I will kill myself if he has an anchor!".
The symbolism of ships is based on free-spirits and journeys. Both themes I'd imagine would be of interest to someone like Harry.
- Nick still talks a lot about Harry and 1D on his radio show. Admittedly not as much as before, but the number of mentions was getting silly.
I'm hoping we are going to see Harry in the Clique video Nick is currently making. Not available until 11th January so we'll have to wait and see. It would be good to see them together. For anyone who doesn't tune in or not regularly, listeners have been sending clips in which will be included and Nick mentioned one clip where people are wearing masks with photos of him and Harry's faces when they were 12 yrs old. He made some comments about the clip yesterday and was really keen to view it when it was mentioned by the others working on the show who'd already watched it. He mentioned it today and he said it was going to be included.
- oh and I meant ask if Harry definitely had something work related to do on saturday as he drove overnight to London from South Yorkshire.
He seems to cram in a lot to his days. One party to another and then down to London and was it friday her who I don't like to speak about left for America?
The other lads stayed after Louis party until the next afternoon because the party had gone on to 6am I think and Harry must have left long before that to go to the second party.
- C, if Im not mistaken, Gordon Smart is pretty well-entrenched in the One Direction camp for scoops. He has, if I remember rightly, played golf with Harry as well.
That was the time when, sausage roll and ...well yes. Hair clips.
Just bringing this back for those that have missed because it's too good not to. Not sure about the whole iffy Mr X bit though!
- [quote]oh and I meant ask if Harry definitely had something work related to do on saturday as he drove overnight to London from South Yorkshire.
Yes, he had to work on Nick.
Sorry, that was begging for it, I'm sorry!
- R234 that was what I was wondering. lol
I am a Breakfast show listener too and the same thing occurred to mind. I would be disappointed if Harry wasn't included in the Clique video in one form or another.
- My assumption has always been that IF Harry is gay/bi/with Nick, sooner or later a 'girlfriend' would appear.
I also assumed that said gf would be someone in 'the biz' as they would profit from the shared publicity & be well equipped to carry off a PR stunt.
I also assumed that Swift would be the most likely candidate due to the Beiber comments, her overseas location and her past experience. Bearding rumours aside, isn't she also a professional actress?
I guess I have just always thought that the appearance of 'Haylor' would be some sort of 'confirmation' that something is up with Harry and that's why I don't buy it (as well as the obvious sales pr etc)
(Apologies if this post is repetitive of previous posts)
- Just a few comical coincidences.
Think the Nickgate affair (quotes) are six of one and half a dozen of the other. He's probably rattled off some carp to Katie Hind which she's run with and is getting her arse in a knot over. But I'm a serious journalist!
Anyways, Grimmy on the 16th:
[quote]Loving these "quotes" in The Mirror today Katie Hind.
Delightful reply from Popjustice:
[quote]@grimmers The only way that bit could sound more made up is if you called Harry "the Little Things hitmaker"
Then today, in the (yet again) overlapping Haylor articles in everyone's fav PR vehicle, the Daily Mail, there's:
[quote]The I Knew You Were Trouble hitmaker appeared to have embraced her grungy new surroundings...
Can the world please end on the 21st. I wasn't so keen up until last week but to be honest it'd be a blessed relief from this nausea-on-wheels. And why do I always see Cowell's botoxed face beaming in the background like a buddha?
- L Girl - I agree with you; if you were interested in Nick and Harry then you really could see this coming over the last nine months or so. I wonder if it got delayed due to her relationship with the Connor Kennedy though. On the face of it, it's ideal, but I wonder if Taylor's side had really thought it through. She seems less popular rather than more so, and the headlines about her being over-bearing and acting like a stalker are hardly doing her any favours. It's difficult to imagine she is really going to sell any more albums by any of this.
- Well her album sales are going to be secure anyway, C. But she sure gets a lot of attention out of this and exposure to the European/British markets.
I really don't know a lot about her music, apart from the chart-friendly toe-tappers, just that when she opens her mouth she goes all Paris Hilton, as she has a voice four octaves lower than a man's. Which is a pleasant surprise.
- A bunch of pap shots of Harry, Taylor, and Taylor's mum leaving her house are coming out now.
Does she not have a private residence?
- [quote]Does she not have a private residence?
- C, Absolutely. Even if you removed the gay/rumours from the equation or any other motivation for it for that matter, it would still seem fake.
No real relationship gets that full on, that quickly, or is publicised to this extent. Not only are they providing a day to day itinerary, but also letting the press know, weeks in advance, where they are going to be?
It's so obvious it's mind boggling! I'm pretty sure something is/was going on between H&N. I'm ignoring Haylor from now on!
- Well it's the usual subtle Modest/Hackford way between man and woman: Tell everyone days in advance via major publications where they're going, what's planned and then follow them around incessantly, making sure it happens and the pictures (HQ paparazzi or low-res management team) hit publications a day later, with several parallel stories breathlessly vying to keep pace.
- L Girl - I'm of the opinion that whatever there was, is still going. If nothing else the fact that he told Dev on Monday morning that he had stayed over with a friend and then effectively changed the story on his own show to that he wanted his guests to leave as it was getting late and he wanted to go to bed is plainly covering something.
There are just too many random rumours, even as recently as a couple of days ago (the link given by R233 - and that comes from what appears to be an ardent Larry fan), not to mention all of the post Russell Howard quote media website comments (then adding the fact that Gordon Smart used a quote from a relative small podcast in order to write that story, which is really pretty thorough for The Sun).
Hopefully they won't drag it on too long, the emergence of the stories about Taylor coming on too strong does give me some hope though as it seems as if they are already preparing a way out.
- WAIT. Okay, so I just looked up the actor of the "I Knew You Were Trouble" video and...the tattoo isn't even really his? It's all part of his costume. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Harry was already planning on getting this tattoo (he has a sleeve planned out, apparently), which led to the team copying this idea for future press. It's clever, really.
- Amusingly this is a photograph of the transfer tattoo Nick had a few weeks ago. Also a masted sailing ship. More than likely to be unconnected; but a funny coincidence.
- Thinking back to the breakfast shows again, there have been more mentions than i think we've talked about here, so perhaps they aren't becoming less of them.
There seems to be some connection with stay by Rhianna. The doctor who questions where he said the quality was better than 1D questions because they are all will you marry me?, will you go out with me?, why are you so fit and the actor who plays the doctor said that's just from you Nick and he jokingly agreed.
Also he talked about buying Taylor's album and then did the buzzer and said his finger slipped.
- 1)Many of Nick's mentions on the show about 1D/Harry are because the band is hot topic right now and Nick is supposed to talk about them,he obviously might be talking about them a little more because of Harry but it doesn't mean he is "obsessed" like some fans like to think.
2)Sorry but personally i don't buy the idea of Nick being coupled up; if he has a boyfriend why wasn't he invited at the Christmas or Sunday dinner? Pixie brought hers on both occassions! And why didn't he tell his friends to leave early so he could have some alone time with him?If empoyees on BBCR1 know then his friends definitely know too.If it wasn't Harry it was definitely a booty call,you don't sneak around in the middle of the night to see your official boyfriend or visit a friend.
3) The tattoo thing is just ridiculous,some here say that it goes too far so it cannot be planned,well there are occassions in which entire marriages have been faked you think a tattoo is too much?! Kristen Stewart faked cheating on Robert Pattinson with A MARRIED MAN WITH KIDS for publicity!
- [quote]Amusingly this is a photograph of the transfer tattoo Nick had a few weeks ago. Also a masted sailing ship. More than likely to be unconnected; but a funny coincidence.
Yes, also there's a small flying bird transfer above the main one. Could be a dove with a leaf in its beak. Or a bluebird.
Nick has an anchor on his wrist and a loveheart. He probably has others as well.
Louis got what looked like a camera tattoo the very week Haylor went into overdrive at MSG.
O/T: Sometimes I think Louis is aging faster than any of those boys. Every time I see him in one of those dopey knitted jumpers sitting gurning he reminds me of a senile old man. What have they done to him! He looks tired out. All his sparkle's gone.
- From IDLYITW Dec 19. Can't better Dlisted for the funnies though (and his obsession with Prince Harry):
[quote]Taylor Swift Bought Harry Styles $80K Of Beatles Stuff
[quote]When Taylor Swift turned 23 earlier this month, Harry Styles spent $1,500 on 23 cupcakes, a Jimmy Choo bag, and earrings. And since Taylor Swift has no fucking idea how to take shit slow, because she's a codependent slut who falls in love with anyone famous who says hi to her, she just dropped $80K on Beatles memorabilia, because Styles is a fan. New York Daily News reports:
[quote]Nothing says love like $80,000 worth of Beatles memorabilia. In a sign of just how fast her latest relationship is blossoming, Taylor Swift has called around Liverpool record shops in an effort to purchase the perfect gift for her beau, One Direction singer Harry Styles, London's Daily Star reported. It'd be the perfect gift for 18-year-old Styles, despite his boy band pedigree, is a huge fan of the Fab Four.
[quote]Conor Kennedy reportedly broke things off because apparently Taylor Swift was already talking about babies and getting married. And this was left than a month ago. Note to self: 1.) Tell Taylor Swift she's pretty 2.) Tell her I'm a fan of cyborg dragons with laser eyes.
- Nice new lumpen pics of Harry, looking as if he's overseeing a removal van from a driveway.
Keep it up!
- Well it seems like Niall is getting another publicity stunt!
According to "sources" Taylor wants to set Niall up wih Selena Gomez after Justin Bieber "broke her heart by cheating on her with a VS model".
Funny right? If i recall correctly a month ago there was an article that Niall met up with Selena while they were in America.I suppose this new "romance" will lead to a "conflict" between (ex) best friends Gomez and Lovato and also between new bffs Niall and Bieber who also talked about Taylor's "crush" on Harry.
See how everyone is connected in this?
This whole thing just stinks of publicity!And wasn't Gomez spotted holding hands with Justin like a few weeks ago?! Hmm
- I agree. Louis looks so insecure and tired the whole time. Poor baby. Sometimes I think people forget he is only 20 years old.
And the thing is, he is trying to hide it. But the harder he tries to hide it, the more obvious it gets.
- Re Louis;
To be fair all the boys look tired.If you see Zayn without make up you can tell he has black circles under his eyes.
Liam went through a "wild" period as he called it during his short break up with Danielle,he was partying and drinking a lot.Recently he visited the ESB and he was reported for innapropriate behavior,even in very recent photos with Danielle he seems tired and rather sad.
Louis is very close with his family so he must misses them an awful lot,he always talks about how he tries to spend as much time as possible with his family and girlfriend because he doesn't get to see them often.
I suppose the work is draining them out.
- [quote]I'm of the opinion that whatever there was, is still going. If nothing else the fact that he told Dev on Monday morning that he had stayed over with a friend and then effectively changed the story on his own show to that he wanted his guests to leave as it was getting late and he wanted to go to bed is plainly covering something.
Or there is nothing there, and he's just careless or reverting to stock for-use-on-radio phrases.
I don't think anything celebrities do in public can be scrutinized for obscure meaning, because these people are aware that their words and deeds are public.
- Niall is the only one in the band who hasn't had a girlfriend since TXF and add the obvious publicity stunts with Demi and Selena. Why aren't there gay rumors about him?
- There is already an article on Sugarscape and Perez,which i'm sure will spread further,where an "insider" talked about Selena wanting to date Niall.
Someone said earlier than H/T might be part of something bigger,it seems that it is.Looking back i realized that the first Selena/Niall article dates back in April SURPRISE SURPRISE!Around the same time the H/T rumors started.
- This PR stunt seems to be turning into a bloody business deal.
- Posters on ONTD have linked it to this BI, r258:
[quote]These two young female stars have each become as well known for their romantic entanglements as they have for their talent. And now they are hatching a plan together!
[quote]They have each taken part in PR-generated couplings in the past, and they know that being part of a celebrity couple generates more publicity than dating a “regular person”. So… what if they upped the ante and together dated a couple of famous guys who are “related”?
[quote]The teams behind the four young stars are now exchanging phone calls trying to figure out if they can pull this off from both a logistical and contractual perspective. If approved, every time these two couples go out together, expect absolute bedlam among paparazzi and fans… and the internet to explode! If nothing else, it would certainly provide excellent material for all four kids once the contracts expire.
- R259 exactly! and everyone has something to gain out of it,we have already gone over the benefits for 1D and Taylor but let's take a look at rest.
Selena Gomez; she has a movie on,working on new projects and also an upcoming album this spring.Her relationship with Justin got a bit boring so i guess they "spiced things up" by "breaking up" then blatanly held hands at an award show etc.The reason why they "broke up" is young upcoming model Barbara Palvin,reminding anyone of the Cara Delevigne stunt? They are friends and both walked the VS show recently.
Justin Bieber; he is good friends(or "good friends")with Niall and Zayn,loves being in the spotlight 24/7 and he's touring around in 12/13 the world like 1D.The "beliebers" have a rivarly with "directioners" so i guess that would keep their interest like it happens with 1D and The Wanted.
Demi Lovato; she doesn't have much going on right now,XFactor is ending this week,as far as i know she doesn't have any music plans like touring or making more music and she can't play up her depression story for the 10000000th time,not to mention her connection with Cowell.It's no coicindence that Gomez dumped her in favor of becoming bffs with Taylor "always in the spotlight" Swift.Lovato's star is slowly sinking so i guess she must do something to stay in the papers.Being the heart-broken almost ex who sees her old bestie getting together with her rumored boyfriend sound like a good headline,right?
- If they are going ahead with Niall/Selena it would explain why we haven't seen or heard from Niall/Amy since the start of November or why Niall insisted he is single in every interview and even on twitter.He cannot be seen with another girl when they are setting up a "romance" for him.
- r172 gives me pause. It would have been before the H and Nick timeline and it looks like a real cell phone photo. I would hate to see it dismissed here b/c if it's real, it answers the question of why the Swift relationship was rushed.
- R263 - Definitely not real. It went around a few months ago and I think was found to be a clip from porn.
- Regarding R172
the photo on the couch is from an xfactor clip accompanied with the infamous "now kiss me you full!" quote
the bed photo is indeed from gay porn like other photos that appear to be H/L making out,if you watch the video it's not even the same purple t-shirt and the pajama bottoms is a very common design
- If anyone is still doubting then linked below is a masterpost of 1D lookalikes from porn videos and also a few manips,the photo mentioned earlier is also in there.
- I like this independence Harry shows lately. He is doing his thing and don't give a fuck about the other guys in the band. This is the first step to a solo career imo, to distance emotionally and phisically from the other guys. He will be very succesful in a year or two when he will start his solo journey. This Taylor stuff is really helping him to be view separatelly from the band.
- Nick knows how to fuel the rumours, doesn't he? He said that he bathes with Harry, practically outing his boyfriend on national radio. What do you think about that?
- 99% of the things Nick says are a joke so i don't think anyone would take him seriously,he has done similar jokes with other celebrities in the past so it's nothing new,he didn't out him lol.
- He said he doesn't bathe with him. The interview where this was mentioned was very funny though. Especially before and after 1D's record of the week was played. He was asked about Harry wasnt he and there was a joke about bathing and what not. Asking him what he does with Harry. I was only listening and you could watch online, which would have been good so you could see Nick's reaction rather than just hearing the laughter from everyone.
- R268 - to be fair, it was Simon Amstell who said after they played 1D
"So tell us about him, this Harry Styles, that you bathe with, or whatever you do with him"
So not quite the same really.
Having said that, watching it on the live cam was very amusing; not a relaxed moment for Nick.
- All these celebrities that come on the show 1d/harry... they know something.
- I especially like that Simon Amstell has no filter!
- i do think that they know or at least must have heard the gossip so they are teasing Nick about it.
- I've noticed when he has guests on like joe lycett and keith lemon, people that know nick well, they speak to him about harry or ask him questions about him in a away that shows they know they aer very close. it's hard to explain, but they ask questions like "has he got nice skin" or "can he grow stuble" in a way that just seems like they know nick would obviously know this stuff..
- Z yes i've noticed that too.
The thing is,these people are comedians so you can never be sure whether they are just joking or actually know something.
In this case i assume they do know or suspect something since they all talk to Nick about Harry etc,plus this David guy from twitter who is a comedian too and friends with Lycett seemed to believe the H/N rumors and have tweeted about it a few times.
- c - so what did Nick act like then? I wished I was watching. He seemed to change the subject quite quickly whereas usually he likes Harry being brought up.
- j - Actually the responses either side of the track were a little different.
Nick was grinning when he was talking about 1D being record of the week, and was really red (I am not quite sure how to describe the expression exactly but there was definitely a moment as he was talking when the grin turned into a bit of a grimace and his eyebrows went up) when Simon was laughing at him for playing something by his own friends (they had just discussed not having a track by Simon's friends available).
After the track his colour had calmed down and he was just smiling normally at Simon as they were chatting. When Simon started "tell me about him" etc he started looking down and fiddling with the controls (he was bringing in the orchestral music which then comes on) and actually although you can hear a lot of laughter it was actually Simon and Fincham rather than Nick who took in rather a deep breath (which sounded like a bit of a wheeze directly after Simon's laugh).
It was all friendly and smiley though, it looked obvious that they are friends.
- C- thanks for that. I think I heard Nick say something like "what do you want to know?" really quietly after Simon said "this Harry Styles."
- Awwww...I hope someone recorded this, C.
- Someone already posted it on tumblr. It's funny that they're talking about One Direction in general and then Simon goes "Well, tell us about HIM" without a previous mention of Harry's name. It sounded like what you would ask someone about their significant other.
- Word has it that Louis, Zayn, and Liam were at a tattoo parlor last night and Louis got a tattoo of a compass. Not sure if this is true or just rumor though. I don't know if Harry & Niall were there or not.
- I heard the audio and I agree, R282. I'd love to see the video though.
- Loved the exchange between Grimmy and Simon Amstell about 1D/Harry. Very loaded!
- So looks like Harry spent most of yesterday sans Taylor. They had their weird photo op in the morning and then Harry got lunch with Lou Teasdale, supposedly had a meeting with Sony and rehearsal for xfactor, and then went out to Studio City with TMills and HAIM from 6:30 until their show ended around 11:30.
Taking a break so she can be the doting girlfriend at xfactor sound check without these continued rumors of her being clingy?
- R286: probably needed a break from the constant pretending...
- pretty long article about whether haylor is real or fake by The Examiner. Even mentions the grimmy rumours. They have been writing articles about harry being gay or bi or articles hinting something is going on with grimmy for ages..
- It's only small, but I'm pretty sure he only knows Haim through Grimmy too - I remember them being on Nick's night time show and one of them saying 'I don't know them [1D] but I have to be nice, one of them follows me on Twitter' or something like that. And it was about Harry!
As an aside, I'm not a fan of the grandad flat cap!
- N16 - Nick has certainly seems to have known them for a couple of years, and I am pretty sure they were on his evening show more than once. There was also something about Harry when Haim did the No, No, Yes etc game on Fearne's show; it's about half way through and it's really a rather strange reaction, and again mentions the twitter/instagram follow.
- 288- where is the article?
- In case R288 isn't about, I think they were referring to the attached. The mention of marriage is a worry.
- The marriage mention isn't new and if the rumors are true then Taylor must be really clingy and talked about kids and marriage with Kennedy and other ex boyfriends too.
Regardless of how her boyfriends viewed their relationship,Taylor always seems to fall for them and then being heart-broken when they broke up so i assume her feelings are honest to an extent.Maybe she is one of those people who fall hard and fast for everyone.
- I don't know anything about the Examiner - is considered reliable in the States? Most news outlets here don't comment on claims from fans, otherwise all of McFly would be gay too!
- MOC- i dont know about Liam but Zayn and Louis definitely got tattoos yesterday,Zayn got a big skull while Louis a compass and the fans are joking that they are the Pirates of Carribean.
Jokes aside i do think that Harry has a new found love for navy-themed tattoos,both the birds and the ship symbolise travelling.I assume he talked about it with the boys and they decided to go down that road too.
Zayn's skull is a very common tattoo on sailors like Harry's birds.The compass represents finding your way back home and Louis always talks about how much he misses home and since he spends all his free time there i suppose that's what the compass is about.
I wouldn't connect the compass to the ship simply because even though it sounds romantic,Nick has an anchor too so i don't think either proves that Harry is dating them.
- N16, anyone can publish just about anything on The Examiner. It is *not* a legit news source. More like an open blog or something.
- N16, read this:
- Thanks x, to be taken with a more than hefty pinch of salt then!
- So according to twitter all the boys except Harry have checked out of their hotel and will be heading back home tonight after TXF,only Harry will stay a few more days like it was rumored,to spend time with Taylor and will probably be back in the UK for Christmas.
It's interesting how they won't be spending Christmas together but they will both be in NYC for NYE right? So i guess they can have Christmas to themselves and spend NYE doing their PR thing.
- I think it would be crazy even if this is a real relationship to spend Christmas together and not with their familes after this short amount of time dating.
- First off, nice to see we're all here on the 21st. It's still fucking raining in Blighty and Harry is still power bearding but hey, you can't have miracles every time.
The Swift/Gomez rumbings around Niall stink to high heaven yet again (the first thing I thought of was that Blind Gossip item), as does this end-of-year "Haylor". Absolutely ridiculous imo.
Thank fuck for Nick Grimshaw. Whatever his involvement is, he provides a breath of fresh air with his cheek and sass.
However, something else I spotted today in the DM, running several items on One Direction lately. Zayn looks lovely with his hair flat and new tattoos. Louis looks a bit chirpier and Liam is really growing on me. He has a lovely singing voice and probably feels as restricted as others by the regime of PR and contracts in this group. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a side to Liam we don't know about.
Niall's quote about tattoos was good:
[quote]Speaking on X Factor USA, he said: 'I have one [tattoo]. It says, "I love SC", and it's on my bum.'
- Some American lad on twitter claims his male friend 'hooked up' with Harry in a club when they were in Chicago. By the sound of his tweet, he isn't lying, but of course, his friend might be.
I'm seeing more and more tweets from people saying they have found out Harry is gay from 'insiders' etc.. so thought I'd mention it anyway (@bgobbles)
- Oh yes R301 it's good to see the end of the world isn't here,it would solve many of my problems but i have so many things to see yet,what a shame would be for the world to end!
1D are hot topic right now so no surprise there are lots of articles on them,even when they do nothing worth noticing the papers still write about them.
Niall is very cheeky and funny i don't understand why many here seem to find him dull? Sure he might not be interesting gossip-wise but he definitely has personality! I laughed when i saw the quote,i like his humor i must say.
- L Girl- i always take such claims with a pinch of salt,for every guy who claims to have hooked up with Harry there are 100 girls who claim to have hooked up with him(or with the other boys)and some of them have some pretty convincing stories!Some may seem like they have no reason to lie but people have claimed weirder things for attention!
For these reasons i always find tweets from eponymous people from the industry more reliable.
When were 1D in Chicago? I don't think they were there recently so i guess that hypothetical hook up must dates back sometime in winter/spring when 1D were in America for about 3 months.
It's an interesting tweet anyway and once again L Girl i am amazed by your tweet finding skills!
- R304, haha, oh I know if could be rubbish but equally, it maybe true so thought I'd share it anyway!
They were in Chicago in the summer for a concert I believe?
(Looking for twitter gossip is a fun way to pass the time on the train jouney to work. No skills really involved tbh!)
- L Girl, you're a natural.
The claim was some months ago and if true, would tie in with N/H not being entirely exclusive (or at that point, see rumours of Nick supposedly sleeping with others as well as H) but I think it's nice that H/N always seem to gravitate back together all the time. They clearly have a binding fondness despite distance and work.
- as most of us seem to think that if H/N are together it's not an exclusive thing, the twitter guy is only mildly interesting- another potential check in the "could be interested in men" column, and not one we can really verify.
- Yes, you can't set too much by it but it's interesting. Some US bloggers have a rumour going around about some girl caled 'Brooke' he 'hooked up' with from first time NTC visit (allegedly) who is going to throw spanners in works for Taylor Swift.
Given that I think Swift is a setup and would hardly be bothered in reality, and fangirls also hav a tendency to embellish or outright lie, I wonder if this is yet another lead off to nowhere. There are SO many rumours about Harry shagging everyone, and then he sits there and plays innocent, looks sad and says he's a wingman.
You have to factor in some very good acting lessons here. Teling people what they want to hear, and of his own volition, benignly allowing people freedom to speculate, even if his people try and go the routine path.
The other day he was asked on TV about getting married and having kids and stressed yes, he's always wanted kids, whilst theatrically scratching his nose (Louis smirking).
I wouldn't like to put a concrete tag on Harry's sexuality, he's young, it could be all over the place. But I personally think the potential rumoured leanings towards males (at times at least) is what worries his handlers more than anything else.
It was probably nothing but in the NYC park pictures with Swift I'm sure he was chowing down a bag of nuts at one point. Just my dirty mind working overtime...thought it was funny though.
- Sorry first NYC visit.
- Also, if anyone was ever in any doubt as to who was the golden child of One Direction, and why a tie-up with Swift would have been timely just check this little lot out from the Daily Mail today:
If you are anyone other than Harry look away now. I suspect even Harry would curl up and die at some of this. It's from just one article:
[quote]The five-piece, made up of Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, and Liam Payne, looked like old pros as they hammed it up for the crowd.
Harry's name up first on the list.
[quote]The boys meanwhile have went strength to strength, with the mere mention of Harry Styles name enough to make teenage girls go weak at the knees in the States.
[quote]Sharp dressed man: Harry showed wonderful Style as he pulled out his best dance moves for the performance
[quote]Dirty Harry: The singer will have needed a shower after giving everything he had on stage
Nice tie-up with the Strolling Bones t-shirt later on in the item. Everything at DM has to be cutely wrapped up in a bow.
[quote]Earning their keep: Harry's sidekicks also did their best to keep pace with the group's breakout star
That's Niall and Zayn, btw, 'earning their keep'. And where is this 'breakout star'? They al appear teamplayers thus far?
[quote]One Direcionmania: Even Saved By the Bell beefcake Mario Lopez was put in the shade by Harry and his cohorts
Read: Harry and...those other guys.
[quote]And off they go: But there was still time for fans to catch one last glimpse of the band's main star after the interview
The main star being...you know who.
I'm not going to debate the rights or wrongs of this but it's clear who the star of the show is meant to be in terms of publicity and charisma in this group
To the person above who said people think Niall is dull, honeslty, though there's not much to discuss about him in terms of lifestyle and rumour, he is one of the main reasons I follow this group. Liam is growing on me too. I think Niall is the glue that keeps these guys kicking and he also seems to have genuine musical ability and interest.
- even if harry is totally in love with someone you wouldn't expect him to exclusive. he's 18 and out of country half the year. he'll have needs... as will who ever he is in a relationship with AKA grimmy. funny how more stories are cropping up about boys blokes. no stories like this for the other boys. def think he is at least bi.
- I think Harry is interested in both men and women,after all there is the infamous recording of Zayn giving directions to two fans about how they will get to the hotel and reach his and Harry's rooms(and Harry couldn't wait to "get the booty" !)and i bet this wasn't the first nor the last time it happened.
He is young and has all these girls(and boys)throwing themselves at him,it's too tempting not to get advantage of such a chance!He and Grimmy are definitely too close and if they are more than platonic friends they might feel more about each other but i don't think they would commit,it would be silly anyway and Harry always talks about being young and having fun so i suppose commintment isnt in his plans.
He's always been the star of the band,even since the early X Factor days the fans crowned him as their favourite.Harry loves publicity,he could pick a more quiet life like his bandmates who spend their free time with their families,girlfriends and old friends but Harry's always in the spotlight,even his friends are well-known people from the industry.
- I'm inclined to wonder if they play this Swifty thing longer term, or go the amicable or cheaters route.
Nothing would surprise. In the Daily Mail, funniy enough, they've managed to find the most ridiculously camp picture of Simon Cowell as yet available, name-dropped him and also made reference to Demi's 'crush' on Niall, by using a picture of her laughing to denote how 'giddy' she was at seeing them/him.
Honestly it's like a mainstream Magna Carta of fakery at the best of times!
Is it any wonder ordinary people and cynical industry tweets look of more interest to me?
- [quote]I think Harry is interested in both men and women,after all there is the infamous recording of Zayn giving directions to two fans about how they will get to the hotel and reach his and Harry's rooms(and Harry couldn't wait to "get the booty" !)and i bet this wasn't the first nor the last time it happened.
I was always a wee bit suspicious of that, for voice and amplification reasons.
Also you never actually hear Harry, he's just made ref to. This is one I file in the question mark draw as being equally true or a fan hoax tbh.
Of more interest to me is the person that once posted here suggesting Harry and Zayn had once mucked about, but wouldn't elaborate.
- it would be very easy to extend haylor as they are both on tour for months. they could easily keep their "relationship" going until the summer without actually having to compromise their own lives much at all. They would hardly have to see each other being that they are both on tour. they can pop up once a month in some city for a photo op to keep up the charade and that's all they would have to do for people to think they are 'together' meanwhile, harry can shag as many guys as he likes without the rumours...
- R314 i think it's rather silly to dismiss that audio note as fake or that Zayn used Harry's name to get girls.I know some thought it might not be real but i dont see why it would not be?
First of all the sound quality was rather clear and you could tell it was Zayn straight away; for them to have faked his voice that well they would need a machine thing(i dont know how to call it??)and i doubt they would go this far.It also sounded like they were in a car and the girl sounded rather worried/in a rush etc,can teens act that well?!
Zayn doesn't need to use Harry's name to get girls,just the fact alone that he is Zayn Malik of One Direction would make many girls drop their panties right there!He is considered the most attractive member,usually after Harry and he did say something about Harry's room.
In my opinion that wasn't a fake audio note and it's not like it's the first time fans record such stuff!There is another one from a different occassion with just Zayn but the sound quality is very bad so i couldn't listen well.
- [quote]He's always been the star of the band,even since the early X Factor days the fans crowned him as their favourite.Harry loves publicity,he could pick a more quiet life like his bandmates who spend their free time with their families,girlfriends and old friends but Harry's always in the spotlight,even his friends are well-known people from the industry.
Isn't it mostly what we're just told though?
Liam says he is secretive which suggests there are times/things he doesn't divulge with his bandmates.
He also seems to keep constant links to his family and old schoolfriends without dragging them into PR scrapes and is able to maintain a deal of privacy with his movements to some extent.
I definitely think there are times when he can move around freely and other times he is being papped deliberately for effect. Same for any star really.
- What the fuck is this?
- R316, don't get upset. I can send a virtual cuddle if you want?
I just file it, as I say, as a question mark. Neither wholly believable or unbelievable in a world where anything goes.
- It is clear their management are planting the seeds for Harry's solo career. And him distancing from the boys add to this. Their aggresive publicity campaign in the last month will pay off I think (with Taylor's help). I give this group maximum a year.
- R319 i didnt get upset at all i just think it's pointless to dismiss everything,there are good chances that the audio post was real,like it could be faked it but my personal opinion leans towards the real part.
Sorry if it seemed like a personal attack to you? It really wasn't i just have a bad way of phrasing things i guess.
- That Zayn audio is obvious fake. Why will Zayn record himself in such a compromising situation, because "his voice" is the most clear in the tape. Also this fandom is famous for faking many things.
- so harry has stayed on in the USA just as his mgmt deliberately leaked. who wants to bet where he will turn up with taylor?? current rumours are houston, ventura, nashville and even australia.. although they don't ACTUALLY have to turn up and be papped now because of course because they have publicised this sooo much that when ever harry goes MIA, everyione will automatically assume he is with her. Quite clever really....
- S'cool, r321. No biggie.
Yep looks like Harry is being setup for stardom on his own, despite the public denials. I wonder how happy about his push the others feel? Maybe it was always in the works?
Tattoos: Louis' right arm is loking more like a Harry doodlepad then ever. I love Zayn's sleeve, it looks really good now all tied in with the banding and I must be among a handful who thinks the new galleon is among Harry's better tattoos.
I stil think a trip to the laser surgery will occur at some point for this guy. Some of the tats seem a little silly and spur of the moment. Really classy tats tied in together well can make a man look stunning. Too many in random styles from baby/toddler print to sophisticated pro design can make someone look a bit unhinged. You don't have to look that desperately covered over.
If he bulks up he could carry it off okay though.
- I feel like Harry takes a lot of his tattoo inspiration from Tom Atkin, the randomness of them and how they seem to be randomly placed. I personally think it look silly, and harry looked much better without all the arm tats. The only one I like on him is the swallows, they were very well done. Zayn's tattoos look great and well thought out, placed good as well. Love how they all seem to be coming together, he's gonna look so great with a full sleeve.
- Yeah, I reckon Harry is in danger of going down the Jocelyn Wildenstein path of tattoos in a bit. The birds, the ship, star, the stuff on his shoulder is fine, as are the Things I Can and Can't, but the random doodles and scrawled bits everywhere look like someone practising a storyboard in rough and it kind of neutralises the effect somehow whereas Zayn's comes together really well. Harry's very magnanimous to let different people with varying levels of skill just ink him randomly. I wouldn't.
Louis needs to reign the random shit in too and get a part sleeve to draw it together and tie it up tight, like Zayn. Liam's is fairly well done and intricate wording always looks good. His chevrons just look there for the sake of it but coud have some meaning for him. Bit random though?
Zayn's look so carefully done and professional. He's almost cripplingly beautiful.
- yeh, they are def setting up harry for as a solo career, prob why he was happy to go along with the taylor stunt. All the tyalor stories, distance from the band, song writimh stories etc, they all make him look special and are creating an image that distances him from the whole boyband thing. crucial if he wants to make a success of this. All the little trips to la are obviously about that going solo too. Especially as taylor wasn't ever there when he was.
- And the "Harry and his sidekiks"(see Zayn and Niall) or "Harry and his cohorts" clever words the papers like to use lately will add to the growing tension betwen Harry and the other boys. One year tops is my guess.
- I even get secondhand embarrassment for the other 1D guys though, reading articles, when they get called Harry's 'cohorts' and 'sidekicks'. Like Grimmy being sidelined, now Harry's bandmates are being spoken of like they are 'pals' of 'the star'. Owch. But it's hard to say who's behind it or what the intent/motivation is.
I wouldn't go as far as to suggest he's deliberately distancing himself from the others but someone is sure making it seem that way in the press. I don't think that "Yoko Ono" ref was randomly placed either.
Then, unbelievably, we get that Yoko Swift has bought Harry $80,000 of Beatles memorabilia the very next week!
Someone is taking the absolute piss here.
- So One Direction's boss, Voldemort, is now 'dating' Carmen Electra. In another exercise not at all designed to open doors. And shut others.
Love the very unstaged photo of porky botox head leering at the ex-Mrs Jett (over his stomach) and such non-PR terms as: 'smitten', 'adorable' and 'spill the beans'! Fantastic.
- Liam has said 'it's obvious' what the chevrons mean - they represent his 4 bandmates. They are all going in One Direction after all :) I don't like Zayn's tattoos individually that much, the boombox and the chillin' one are awful, but they look great all tied up as a half sleeve and I like the placement of his other ones.
He would look great regardless though - that boy won the genetic lottery for sure!
I think it must be awkward for the band with all the Harry attention. I don't think he would even be the one that had most thought about a solo career tbh, Liam has always been the most focussed and driven of them all.
Grimmy's final show for Christmas was great fun this morning - I thought it quite apt that his first 'Big Thing' was 1D and his final one for the year was them too!
- Is Grimmy going to Spain, anybody know? Because apparently Harry is flying there. I don't know if the information is true.
- apparently an update account made the spain rumour up.
- I read on the 'net a poster out shopping in the US was banging into current Taylor Swift promo including big new perfume adverts (Swift has her own perfume).
The poster was very pissed off, saying, 'I can't go anywhere without her staring at me! She's everywhere!'
- The link posted above was to another o/t article not meant for here. Good read though!
- It's quite sad to see them pushing Harry further away from the boys and into the spotlight, they were all such great friends, but I feel like they're going to start resenting him.
- 336, I think this is good for a future solo career, Harry making a name from himself (like Justin T or Robbin W). The band is already seen as "Harry and his sidekicks" so this is great. Don't forget how much Nick helped him all summer to socialize with big stars (Rita Ora etc), so I think is a clever plan, imo.
- Even the Grauniad are talking about Haylor!
- Apparently it's illegal for paparazzi to take photos outside celebs homes in LA.
So the photos outside Taylors home where obviously set up.
The whole thing is a complete joke.
- To be fair all the boys have chosen their own circle of friends/family/girlfriends to spend their time with,it's not just Harry who seems rather distant,they have all chosen their own path and even though they still spend time together once in a while,they usually spend their free time apart.
Zayn for example didn't attend Liam's nor Louis' party and he also missed Louis' charity football and i was rather surprised at that since he and Louis seem close.
To me this seems rather normal,you can tell thry are still good friends but they spent so much time together at work so it's only natural for them to want to spend their limited free time with the ones they dont get to see much outside work.
That said i agree that Harry is hugely promoted and it's all a good set up for a solo career.
- It seems to me that a lot of the rumors of Harry and girls are old (ie this Brooke from the BTR tour) while the rumors of him and boys are newer. So if we look at the Call or Delete with Sam maybe he started leaning towards 100% men around then (May) since she said he was questioning things or thinking about things (and didn't seem like it was out of the realm of possibility that he might like a boy)
About the recording - there's another pretty convincing youtube video where a guy pretends to be Harry and prank calls fans who tweet Harry their numbers and they believe he's Harry.
- Well we already guessed it.
The DM are reporting 'she is buying a house near his'.
- Taylor Swift needs therapy. But the better question is...WHY do guys continue to date her? They KNOW it's going to end and when it does that she'll write a song about it.
- One of the update accounts has been in contact with some paps this whole trip and apparently Harry did not stay over at Taylor's house last night.
- I know people will say this post is tinhatting, so be warned. Skip it if you wish. Some of us believe that the "birthday party" for Louis Tomlinson was really a wedding party for Harry Styles and Louis. It's not about being a "Larry" shipper. It's about making sense of the information we have. We aren't sure when Harry and Louis got married but we think it was when they were in NYC. The birthday party was a cover/after party. I know people on this thread will disagree and are all about Harry and Nick. Just note the opinion for the record. We don't have proof. Just things that don't add up and some information from others who are more invested. Lou Teasdale was there and did hair/makeup for Harry's sister and others. The pictures they released of Louis' party showed Harry and Louis in matching shirts and Louis was in jeans and vans. The pictures of Louis' mother and her boyfriend showed they were wearing sequins and a Tux. Louis is a fashionista. He is not going to attend an elegant party held in his honor in jeans/Vans. According to the reports it said casual black tie but accoutrements they reported were the highest level formal black tie--champagne,crystal,formal sit down dinner, etc. Louis is fun loving and casual--I would have expected a casual fun party for family and friends if it was really a birthday party. Harry's best childhood friend was probably there to be his best man. Also, we don't really know who was there and not there. It was VERY secret. Why would a birthday party have to be that secret? None of the other party's were. If Louis' girlfriend was really there, we would have gotten pictures of Louis and Eleanor and not Louis and Harry and Liam. There is still a photoban surrounding Harry and Louis. Harry had his friend tweet from the uni party that his favorite Beyonce song was Single Ladies (If you like it put a ring on it). Also Harry's Black Pearl ship tattoo is a couples tattoo with Louis' compass which points towards Home. Again I know people will disagree. Just putting it out there. I wonder how Harry and Louis handle the PR/girlfriends/beards/etc, when publicly aren't even supposed to be close friends any more. They both are possessive and get jealous easily. No body expects them to come out now but why can't they just be BFF's who are in a band together with people they may casually date in the background? Why does Louis' GF have to be the 6th member of 1D and go everywhere with him like Harry/Taylor. I agree they are setting Harry up for a solo career. I wonder if he can handle it alone. The boys protect him a lot, especially Louis. He often doesn't know what to say in interviews. I don't think Liam, in particular is thrilled that all the promotion is about Harry. This Haylor thing is really crazy and I think they are trying to let people infer everything from the pictures rather than having Harry give interviews since he doesn't like to lie. 1D PR has about 10 PR lines going at least at any one time and everything is planned. The next two months are predicted to be chock full of 1D PR drama. Very rarely do they deviate from the plan regardless of how it is received by the fans. That's the part that is most strange. They don't seem to care how fans react to the Drama they create. Haylor is crazy, even news outlets are throwing shade at it but they just carry on as planned. The big question I have is what is the endgame for 1D and Harry? Why so much drama? They could create most of the same buzz, attention without the "multiple" walks of shame, constant abuse of fans on twitter, daily articles about crazy fans, over the top security--there were articles making fun of the amount security they had at X-factor. Is the security to protect them or keep them from straying? 1D has stated that they are going on a long hiatus after the 2013 tour. Their concerts are already sold out. What are they gaining from the (often negative)constant drama? Why haven't we seen any industry collaborations/duets when everybody and their brother says they want to work with 1D? Everything surrounding 1D is very strange.
- oh i'm sorry 345, a wedding party - thats gotta be the BEST made up story I EVER heard. I had a very good chuckle at that - c'mon, the boys are 18 -20, they are not going to get married at this point. blimey, i thought i heard it all.
- Courtesy of this twitter - Taylor and Harry are now on a "romantic ski date" in Park City, Utah.
Guess that poster from awhile back about them being the next Kim/Kanye and popping up all over the place was right.
- Romantic date*
*plus Taylor's brother.
- 345, please stop posting. I don't know whose blogs you read but I have yet to see a "Larry" blog that ever said that. Also, if you haven't seen, this portion of the thread appears to be dedicated to the PR of Haylor. No offense.
- I really hope Harry is going home for Christmas...
- I love how their ski date is already being written about.....
- They're on skiing holiday together in Utah and apparently Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez is there as well. Wasn't there a blind a few days ago about two publicity couples going on holiday or something? I can't find the links now.
- Here it is. Can't really see Harry and Justin as friends though.
- People are saying this is Harry confirming Haylor? What do u think?
- R254 GOD that is awkward, and that is the most unconvincing "maybe" I have ever seen in my life.
- Larry shippers need to accept that Louis and Harry arent bffs anymore because they have probably fallen out and move on with their lives instead of making up these stories that are out of reality.
I know it's a hard pill to swallow but the facts show this,Louis even wanted to move out since April from their common shared appartment and he confessed it himself their people didnt want the fans to know so they kept on pretending they live together.They are never together to be seen not even in the same city(Louis usually at manchester while Harry in London),Harry left Louis' party earlier so he could attend another party where he stayed for 3h,we have videos from MSG where they dont even interact and even when together in America Harry spends his free time with others.
Life changes and people fall out it could be nothing more than that.All the boys have chosen their own circle of people to socialize with outside work and dont spend time together anymore since they see each other at work everyday.
And since there has never been any gossip on Louis being interested in men and the only "proof" people have is him being camp i do think he is straight,he had two very realistic long term relationships before Eleanor and he even cheated on his ex with her! Trust me bearding situations never stay a secret so if that was one we'd know by now.
- I agree 356 - except I don't think they've fallen out, rather drifted apart as they've grown up, made different friends and formed different interests and likes. They do still interact in interviews and on the red carpet - there are plenty of clips of them doing so at x-factor USA but I they just are not as close as happens in life!
- Yes this is what i meant R357 but english isn't my first language so i make mistakes!
You can tell they all are good friends but they have made different choices in life.I am not opposed to the idea of Harry/Louis but nothing shows that they have ever been involved and i don't see why some fans insist of it so much especially when Louis has shown his annoyance towards the subject.
The whole Louis thing is just turning into another Robbie Williams situation and it's rather annoying.As for Louis/Harry it's pretty obvious to me that many of the things they did was clearly staged gay for the fans that their people promoted in a big way for a long time until Louis reacted to all the conspiracy theories so it stopped.
I've been an Mcfly fan for years and i've seen them doing way "worse",they know their fans love it so they are always all over each other.For years certain fans thought Harry and Dougie could be involved but it never ended up like Larry.
- Heaven knows if this is true, and I presume if it is it refers to CIN (or perhaps the Teen Awards as there is reference to a dressing room). It does however tie in with a girl also from Belfast, who's father works for the BBC, who tweeted something about them being together a few weeks ago.
- Thank you, C. They do seem to be quite reckless...if all these reports of people walking in on them etc...are true.
- Didn't a model booker tweet something similar a whole back?
- L Girl - No, from what I remember that was a reversal of the above..
- I take a lot of these tweets with a massive pinch of salt... I find it hard to believe that they would engage in sexual activities in a professional environment.. It would be careless and stupid.
- There is also the attached. It makes more sense if you look at the rest of her recent tweets, @LibWilko. She also says
"Well I didn't 'tell' anyone on Twitter, but I have heard from a reliable source that Harry 1D and Grimmers are an item!"
Again it is only heresay, but again it is from someone with no obvious interest in either party.
- Oh, just stop. We all know Harry and Louis probably have a history. And we all know Harry wouldn't date three Nick Grimshaws if he had the opportunity to date Louis.
Stop with lying to yourself. Harry is smitten with the boy since the day they met. Louis seems to care about him. We don't know anything about their situation. We don't know if Harry is still hanging out with Louis, we don't know whether they still live together. The only thing we know is that it is weird that Harry bought a new house, but isn't living in that house. The weirdest thing is that Nick made it seem like he slept with Harry in that house. And we know that they are not allowed to talk about their living situation, a dutch interviewer told that.
Nick likes the rumours, that's for sure. In your world it may all be 'Harry and Nick', but Harry's world may be different. And I have to say, it is certainly not helping that Harry is always emotional while singing Little Things and looking in Louis direction. It is certainly not helping that Louis and Harry ignore each other during big events, but are exactly the same bromance-couple they used to be during small private gigs. It's just weird, whatever happened between them.
- R366, we are not going to "stop". This thread is about Nick Grimshaw. No one is interested in Louis here. If you're not interested in Nick Grimshaw, stop reading.
- @ R356 etc... The Larry shippers don't have to accept anything. You are entitled to your opinion, but several things you stated in your post are completely wrong.
Anyone with eyes, a heart, and a soul can see that there was most definitely something more than friends between Harry & Louis. Yes, the dynamics between them have changed, and there could be a million reasons why. One big reason could be that Louis is terrified of being seen as gay. He has said on more than one occasion that he would do ANYTHING to protect the band and its image. It is obvious that these boys are under enormous pressure and the fame/responsibility has possibly forced them to be something that they are not. We simply don't know all of the facts and we certainly don't know what goes on behind the scenes.
As for Harry & Grimmy, I think it is time to see it for what it is. Several threads back I explained my theory that H&N was encouraged by the label to help Harry assume some sense of independence from Louis. At the same time, Nick was the perfect role model for gayling Harry. AND Harry also benefits from meeting people in the industry and learning from mature, experienced people. AND all of this promotes the opportunity for Harry to be seen as a mature, independent young man in preparation for a solo career. Grooming Harry for solo didn't start with Taylor, it started with Nick. And, might I add, Nick has done an amazing job. Harry is much more confident on & off stage and looks like a true star when he is performing. And the distance between he and his bandmates has been established.
I should also add that Harry and the other boys might not even be aware that they are being manipulated into these situations, keep in mind they are young and it is possible that their label manipulates them when they feel it is necessary.
I do believe that Harry & Nick have been intimate with each other, but I don't think they are in love and I don't think it is anything serious. Their "friendship" benefited both of them personally and professionally. Nick clearly gets off on his association with Harry, a massive ego boost for him I'm sure. I question Nick's feelings for Harry when he does things like the obscure tweet from the Sunday lunch last weekend... if he knows Harry is supposed to be with Taylor, why would he do something to fan the Gryles flames? LOL Nick just can't control his ego sometimes...
Anyways, I'm with L Girl that Operation Haylor is PR and is the planned follow-up to Operation Gryles. Sadly, Harry has become the label's prize puppet. I feel for these boys, I believe they are close and love each other but the next year is going to be very hard on them and I hope that they can keep it together.
To sum it up, my opinion is that Gryles is a friends-with-benefits situation, and Larry is not over but it's unclear as to what extent or nature of a relationship they have right now.
I also agree with the anon that posted that Louis looks sad/tired/stressed lately. I think it is obvious why. Liam also is not himself, he looks angry and hostile a lot lately. Zayn is a scrawny mess, I suspect a drug problem but I hope I am wrong about that.
- Moc, I have no view on what may or may not have happened between Louis and Harry or any interest in Louis generally for that matter.
However, I disagree with your appraisal of H&N. Whatever the nature of he relationship, I believe it evolved naturally, with no outside orchestration. Until recently, Nick's public profile was very low (so no benefit to H) and those who did/do have a view of H&N's relationship, at best, see it as unusual. At worst, weird or inappropriate.
I personally love Nick and his relationship with Harry but I'd bet anything his management and publicity teams don't.
- I agree, L Girl.
- "I explained my theory that H&N was encouraged by the label to help Harry assume some sense of independence from Louis."
That is absolute crazy.
- Well of course isn't this the theory all larry shippers love? That everyone in Harry's life want to be his friend so they can take advantage if him while Louis is the only person who can make him happy.
You can have whatever opinion you want about their personal lives i don't care but you can't deny that Harry is friends with these people because he wants to.Anyone who has followed Nick for longer than this summer knows how excited he gets with new people and it was the same with Harry but he never used their friendship to show off.Everytime he said a story he said "my friend" not "Harry Styles" and if we didn't put the pieces together we wouldn't know that friend is Harry,and sometimes it wasn't.
Their friendship is genuine and dates back a year ago,it only became bigger this summer since both had more free time to spend together.Dont tell me that Harry doesnt look happy with Nick or that he spends all this time with him just because their management told him to,it's ridiculous!And if that isn't enough look at how much his mother and sister seem to like him! They arent stupid,if Nick was taking advantage of their son they would know.
As for their living conditions,Harry is often spotted around the area where his new home is,doing stuff like jogging early in the mornings or shopping at the local tesco so this means he lives there.
- I have no idea how popular 1D were towards the end of last year as I didn't follow them, more interested in Nick, but N and H appeared to be going to events and parties together by late October onwards. I recently saw some pics on Facebook of Nick djing and Harry was there stood to the side nearby. This was 1st December2011 and I don't think Harry was there for work reasons but can't be sure obviously.
I think they became friends but I don't suppose the popularity of 1D has hindered N's career.
- I don't know about the rest of you, but I am completely ignoring the "larry" posts here. I don't even bother reading them to be honest.
- C, that was an interesting twitter conversation. The tweeter is a writer / journalist and seemed to be implying that she knew about H&N but had 't personally spread the gossip. The fact that she retweeted a tweet about H&N that stated 'the media know but are not allowed to report' is particularly interesting IMO. She doesn't follow the author of that tweet and there have been an awful lot of N&H tweets she could have retweeted instead.
R373, are you sure that wasn't from the time N DJ'd in Milton Keynes?
- First of all, I never said that mgmt/label/whatever "set up" Harry & Nick, and if my post inferred that then let me clarify. I think that the label recognized the friendship between N&H and encouraged it, for all of the reasons mentioned in my post. INCLUDING the one about distancing Harry from Louis, at least from a public perspective. How can you not see how dependent he was on him????
@ R372 , calm down Nick. Never did I say that Harry isn't happy with you and that your friendship isn't genuine. All along I have been saying just the opposite.
L Girl, I respect your opinion. I realize that you are not interested in Louis but I am interested in Harry as a whole, not just certain facets of his life. So just skip over my posts if you find them dull :)
- Moc, sorry, I wasn't complaining that your posts were dull! Just explaining why I wasn't going to comment on the Louis part of your post!
- The djing wasn't in a night club and pics were posted 2nd December 11 so last year. Mentioned night before.
- I don't think i have seen these photos R373 could you link us please?
- R378, I've seen a picture of H&N at a Guy Fawkes party so they were definately socialising as far back as early November.
Do you have links to your pictures?
- This is one of the pics. A few more in that album. I can't remember where I saw the ones posted a few days earlier.
- They didn't start singling Harry out as a solo artist with Nick - they started way back with Caroline.
Is it so hard to believe that Nick and Harry would be careless enough that they'd be walked in on? Nick's had past rumors with being walked in on with Joe Jonas - and the Nick/Harry rumors started with people seeing them kissing at Shoreditch House.
Them being careless would explain certain circles knowing (usually connected to Nick's social circles), the disparity between some people calling it a relationship and some people saying they're sleeping together, the rushed Taylor PR, and the rumors of Nick's "secret parties" also suggest that they're aren't exactly shy or private.
And if it was at CIN that they were spotted then they wouldn't have seen each other in awhile - and Nick had plenty of time before he had to be on stage - so a possible quickie doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.
- R381, thanks. I'd seen one of those pictures before but didn't know when it was from and assumed it was taken in R1. Interesting.
- Harry and Louis are bandmates (Louis is closer to Liam imo) but Harry and Grimmy are lovers (I don't know if exclusive). If they are just friends, why all this gossip from so many sources. There is no smoke without fire.
- R382, the rumours started back in November, way before the tweet I saw about them snogging in Shoreditch so there must have been sources other than that episode.
The pictures are interesting. Harry is generally by Nick's side so most likely came specifically with him. This was right in the middle of his 'love affair' with Flack and whilst I appreciate she may have been 'busy' that night or H simply accompianied N as a 'friend', these pictures could also support the rumours that H&N were involved by this time and that Flack was just a distraction.
- The Shoreditch kiss,them making out at GAY at Rita Ora's and even the "secret parties" i could believe them since they dont sound out of reality.
I'm still not sure about people walking in on them,if the rumors are to be believed it has happened more than a couple of times and would they really be that careless? If it happened i guess it could be once or twice and then it spread so some may claim that they saw them while they havent and have just heard the story.
- They also attended a bonfire on November :)
- The pic with the Union Jack, I always assumed that it was taken at Radio 1 also L girl.
- R385 - the rumors definitely started sooner. There was the blind gossip article that suggested Nick and Harry were together from around november-december and the Guardian article that said outright that Haroline was a showmance was from around the same time.
I also found a recent interview with Caroline and Olly Murs interesting. They talked about the "harry stuff" and the hate and articles Caroline was getting at the time and Caroline mentioned a time when she felt really upset about it and pulled over to the side of the road and called Olly and chatted with him for awhile. I found it a bit odd that she would call Olly instead of Harry but I suppose if the hate was making her doubt their relationship then maybe she would rather talk to a friend about it rather than the guy she might call things off with (especially if the rumors that it was just sex/fwb are to believed)
- I wish harry would stay away from douchebag grimmy.
- 390 I don't thhink so if they are lovers. I bet Harry will run to Nick the second he'll come back. Now he has a "girlfriend", no reason to avoid being seen with Nick. A girlfriend is the best cover up.
- Happily with their families living so near they will at least have the freedom to meet up without anyone reporting back on them. After all they are unlikely to have an arrangement with the paps for follow their every move...!
- I find Nick so damn creepy and gross... why would Harry even touch him when he could have just about any other guy in the world right now? It defies logic!
- Sugarscape posted an article on Nick's hair or whatever this ridiculous article is about and they referred to him as Harry's bromance instead of naming him right away,i'm not sure why but it is odd so i thought i'd mention it.
Also have we discussed this tweet?
@grimmers: "i might come out tonight, maybe not though" @Harry_Styles, Philosopher, November 2010
What i am interested in isn't the coming out part as it could mean literally coming out aka going outside and might not have anything to do with his sexuality,but the date on it,November 2010? Did they know each other back then? I think that's a very blurry part of their story,sometimes they have claimed they met at the Teen Awards,others at a Gala and Nick has mentioned once on the radio that he knew Harry before but didn't specify when exactly that before was.
-  Do you wanna talk about it, love? You sound like someone I know. :)
- R394 have you watched the sugarscape video about N being mistaken for H's dad? Think it's that one where N explains about meeting 1D and H back when they were on x factor. Easily found on YouTube I think.
I don't thinkthere's much info other than N saying he'd interviewed H a couple of times and then met again at GQ awards not sure when think Sept 2011. Don't think there's much more details anywhere else either. Is that date you gave definitely correct?
- R394 - I think it may have been a simple typing error as Nick posted that in November 2011. With regards to when they met as far as I remember Caroline Flack introduced them at an X factor event in the September 2011, then they sat at the same table (with the rest of 1D and James Cordon) at a GQ dinner and then they worked together at the 2011 Teen Awards in the early October. (That's going from comments on various radio shows Nick was presenting at the time.)
- Something that confuses me about this topic is that all this stuff is reputed to have happened last year, right?
So why do you all think it's still relevant?
I also thought Grimmy's orange haired friend was his gf, which she apparently is not?
I give props to people in the public eye who can appear to give so much away while keeping so much private (if that BBC internship anon was right about him being in a relationship)
(And I swore off celebrity gossip for the new year, oops)
- R398 Grimmy is an out gay man why would you think someone was his girlfriend?
- R398 the only people that think Aimee is Nicks girlfriend are people that dont no he is gay... also all of the gossip took place in 2012 and the end of 2011 so why wouldn't it be relevant?
- Does anyone no if Harry is going home for Christmas or is he staying with Taylor?
- R401 Nobody really knows for definite. The thing is, the press could report that he is in fact with her at christmas bur could still fly back home for it. Harry can easily stay MIA and no one would be the wiser. So, unless there is photographic evidence of him being in America or the UK for christmas, none of us will really know.
- There's been a pretty consistent rumor that Harry would be flying back on the 23rd (which started from before they even left for America but from what I can tell never had a source).
Either way, supposedly they left the chalet the evening of the pictures. So they likely went back to LA.
- Has anyone seen/heard/know of Harry's whereabouts today, btw?
- [quote]I take a lot of these tweets with a massive pinch of salt... I find it hard to believe that they would engage in sexual activities in a professional environment.. It would be careless and stupid.
It's not a 'professional environment'. It's a dressing room.
- [quote]if he knows Harry is supposed to be with Taylor, why would he do something to fan the Gryles flames? LOL Nick just can't control his ego sometimes...
Because that's his man and he knows a lot of people actually like the idea of them together so he pushes the envelope?
Well, it's a possibility too, right?
[quote]Has anyone seen/heard/know of Harry's whereabouts today, btw?
Last seen hurtling down a mountainside on skis to escape an giant beard of snow avalanching after him. With dreadful pillar box red lipstick on.
- [quote]Oh, just stop. We all know Harry and Louis probably have a history. And we all know Harry wouldn't date three Nick Grimshaws if he had the opportunity to date Louis.
Now I'm quite the fan of Harry and Louis, if indeed they were/are and I certainly think there's form between them, maybe not as much as fans assume but imo there's definitely a spark.
But, I think you are ignoring evidence. Which is the amount of time Harry actually spends with Nicholas Grimshaw, when he could be with Louis, doing quality 'couple things'.
Are you seriously saying that Harry and Louis got hitched last week and then Harry charged off straight away down the motorway to Nick's party right before leaving for beard duty in the USA?
What was so important about seeing Nick that would make him leave his new husband (I'll humour you) and shoot off like that?
Please, I'm all ears if you have any answers because these trips to Nick's before or after events seem to happen rather often.
- Re H's whereabouts, @airforce_carl seems to be suggesting that H was at a club called Revs? In Manchester last night? He even posted a picture? Odd?
- If he has any sense he'll be in Manchester.
- The picture of 'harry' in revs looks nothing like go just similar hair.. Oh how I wish it was him though!
- R410, really? I thought he looked identical? Even has on the same Jacket he wears?!
What do other people think?
- Hard to say L Girl, bit blurry. Certainly someone who's styling himself on his look right down to the clothes.
It might just be an instance of some guy spotting someone who looks like a celeb and taking a pic, putting it up on Twitter for laughs. It would be nice if it was Harry (because Nick is possibly in Manchester visiting family, or they have come down to him in London), but it's hard to tell from that angle and blur factor.
If I were Harry and that wasn't me, I'd hire him to do my bearding for me so I could cut loose! Excellent likeness.
- A few tweets earlier that bloke had mentioned Harry and the number of followers. without searching back further its difficult to know whether it means anything like he follows H and mentions him a lot, so might just have seen a lookalike in a club. I'm not sure I'm convinced it's H.
- Interestingly enough, the Daily Fail are now 'moderating' the readers comments on their daily Haylor items/schedules.
- One of the fan sites on Facebook reconned Harry was due to arrive back about an hour ago.
- [quote]Harry had his friend tweet from the uni party that his favorite Beyonce song was Single Ladies (If you like it put a ring on it). Also Harry's Black Pearl ship tattoo is a couples tattoo with Louis' compass which points towards Home.
You use this to confirm Larry?
Why not that 'Single Ladies' has more to do with Nick's Beyonce fetish? His latest tweet has a pair of hands and Beyonce and Nick written on cups!
If Harry's tattoo is a 'couples tattoo' with Louis then why not a 'couples tattoo' with Taylor Swift and her dumbass video or Nick Grimshaw and his anchor and boat?/flying bird transfers (also similar to Harry's birds tattoos)?
Louis compass tattoo (which looks way better up close than further away) may be no more than how important home (in the North) is to him?
Someone has speculated Harry's new tattoo is to do with his love of Man Utd and their symbol. I can't stand football (I like Torres' big arse and that's about it) so know nowt about that but all of those things are possible. And they may all be wrong too.
- I'm truly irritated by this Harry/Louis talking. If they are such a couple how you explain the fact Harry cannot left sooner Louis's birthday party to attend another party in the same evening. Is like he stayed from courtesy as a favor to a friend and nothing more.
- Just thought I'd point out that the IF it is Harry in that picture (& it really looks like it to me?) the bar he was In was a 5 min walk away from the restaurant N was in last night...
- A few comments about Taylor Swift from a DL thread from August this year, when she was dating the Kennedy kid (also 18?). It's interesting, read the whole short thread.
[quote]She's rumored to be a lesbian and this kind of 'high profile' bearding arrangement sealed the deal for me.;;;;;;;;;Can you imagine the fans' outburst when they find out that all her broken failed relationship songs over some (closet case) guy were more fake than usual?;;;;;;;;;by: Anonymous reply 19 08/22/2012 @ 01:37AM
[quote]Swift bought a $5 million home across the street from the Kennedy compound. She's investing big bucks in this relationship.
Now it's the same thing with Harry.
There are also some tales on there about her times with the Kennedys, allegedly barging a wedding and visting graves, channelling Jackie O, etc.
I'm not sure I believe she is this psycho, I think she's very clever and in control of her own image, just letting the world think she's nuts because at the end of the day it all sells product.
- Mostly we get airport pics when the boys return but maybe Harry sneaked back in somehow. Have there been tweets about where Nick was last night?
- The face shape looks too skinny to be Harry's and anyway, why would Harry be in Revs? He looks as though he is stood alone and no one is taking any notice he is there. If Harry was in a revs in any part of the UK he would be mobbed.
- I don't know if that is or isn't Harry r241 (looks as likely as not), but your notion that underage tweener girls (One Drection's main demographic) are going to be in a vodka bar in Manchester presumably evening/late at night is a bridge too far.
Adults, wouldn't 'mob' Harry. They'd let him be. They're men, they're not even looking at him. Men wil just go: 'it's Harry Styles' and carry on drinking.
Or eye him up
- Sorry, r421.
- The pic was posted at 2.30am by a guy. It looks like him to me but it's also the fact that the jacket is the same as the one he has worn a lot over the last 2 weeks (see birthday pics with Taylor) perhaps h was waiting for someone?
Might not be him but the fact that the guy looks like him, is wearing an identical jacket to his and was identified AS him by the guy who took the pic suggests there is a high chance it is.
If, of course, airport pics materialise later, we'll no it's definately not!
- "Will Rodgers"' again, from the Daily Star. The main paragraph repeats parts of itself, for impact elsewhere:
[quote]"I've known him since he was four years old. I know it sounds funny, but even in primary school he always had a few girls on the go. It was rather amusing. From Year Four, when he was about ten, Harry started with proper girlfriends. He just had this unbelievable way with girls all his life, and it looks like none of that has changed."
I don't even know where to start with this. Save to say it reads to me like all shades of desperate.
- Someone with my kind of humour
- Posted 11 hours ago:
- A teacher tweeted she'd seen Harry driving (in the uk) about an hour ago. It's a case of pick who you think is most reliable I guess.
- Well @/brookeplemmons1 has been tweeting about Harry still being in Utah (well last night at least) with Taylor, so who knows.
However the original comment about Harry returning on the 23rd (I think it must have been mentioned in an online article, I can't remember where though) didn't specify whether he would be arriving in the UK on the 23rd or leaving the US on the 23rd.
- Liam (definitely growing on me), grabbing Harry's cakes on Ellen.
- Brooke also says she saw him in a hot tub but has no pictures... her excuse for not having ones of him and Taylor walking around is that she was on a bus but why no pics of him in the hot tub? I'm always skeptical of teenage girls when they don't have pictures and are obviously one direction fans who "went out looking for him" and then seemingly found him by accident (plus not only did she see him on the street while on a bus he's also staying in the same place as her!)
The teacher who spotted Harry driving may have just been a look alikes as is the picture of the guy at revs (which I don't think looks 100% like Harry but I could be wrong since it seems like a bit of a coincidence for him to be wearing a similar coat and so close to the place where you say Nick ate dinner) but that all seems to tie together in a believable story. Harry's not been spotted in a few days so him and Taylor could have easily flown to Nashville and then he could have taken connecting flights out to Manchester - then gone out with friends in Manchester (the guy behind him and to the left looks vaguely familiar)and then drove out to his family today.
I don't think it's likely Harry and Taylor are still in Park City - they might be in LA or Nashville (and Harry might have managed to get back to the UK undetected though that seems unlikely) but I've seen no evidence to suggest they're still in Utah.
- I wouldn't toss any of them out of bed but Liam is the true stud in the group. I'd ride him like a pony.
- Yet more Haylor from the Daily Mail today, who are already assaulting their readers with multiple stories. Notice also that the once heavily-papped Louis and Eleanor is now forgotten as Harry gets pushed right up into promoland 24/7. I'm not linking it.
There's nothing to see, a few no-chem pics in bobble hats again. This is the best one-liner the Mail come up with:
"Pictures of the pair show them sitting with their backs to the crowds, facing the slopes with Harry's arm slightly brushing Taylor as they eat."
Gee willy whizz.
The reader comments are scathing mostly.
- R434 - I am particularly taken with their headline though "It's all downhill from here...."
- Yes that wasn't lost on me, either. ;)
- Tweet about Nick being at The Press Club just off Deansgate. Is this anywhere near the club H was at? thats if he was in the country last night.
- We can't assume it's H. Looks like him but might not be, could be just a very good impostor!
However, as I can only assume the poster was talking about Revolution vodka bar in Manchester then there's one smack bang in Deansgate Locks.
- What are the chances of there being a Harry Styles look alike at a bar a few minutes away from where Nick Grimshaw had dinner earlier that night and wearing a jacket similar to the one Harry has been wearing recently?
Though having said that I'm sure we'll get dozens of HD photos of Harry at an airport sometime soon that will prove it to be a look alike.
The day trip to Utah kind of reads to me as them trying to get the paps off their every move in LA so they could be free to spend time apart.
- Jameela Jamil is doing the request show on radio 1 right now and just said
“Obviously Grimmy’s big thing this week is One Direction *chuckles*”
My favourite thing is when EVERY employee at radio 1 makes a joke about grimmy/harry/1d.
- I love that too, R440:).
- I was watching a Dan Howell twitcam video from a week or so ago, in which someone mentions Haylor. He discusses Harry and Taylor and someone messages saying no one ships Haylor.
Then after being asked more questions they are mentioned again. He talks about asking Nick when he sees him on thursday if Larry is real so he gets the inside scoop , but says he won't because the knowledge will be too powerfull over the internet. He said he could ask Nick if Grarry?, which I would assume is Nick and Harry, Haylor or Larry are real. He said he would die with that info, so he's best to avoid it.
- Forgot to mentioned earlier in the twitcam he was asking what to wear for some reason and someone messaged him and said a 1D onesee and he said Nick would like that.
- R443 can u post the link?
- I love Dan Howell! He's kinda cute too.
- Its the second video down. the one which is 105.22 long.
I know the Haylor bit starts at 3735
- I always 'assumed' dan and grimmy had a one night stand sort of thing back when they were doing the BBC fun and filth cabaret thing. They seemed sort of flirty in the videos they filmed and then this tweet was interesting... but maybe there's another meaning.
- this link to the tweet is probably better as it shows Nick's replies too..
- Dan totally pings. Plus he's Nick's type.
- It's funny that Dan Howell comes up here seeing as him and Phil Lester have their own "larry" kind of situation to deal with.
- someone asked him if he had a girlfriend in the twitcam and he said no
- Well, there are some long since deleted formspring posts that posit their situation a little more on the confirmed side.
- R449/R450 - I don't think there is any meaning to that particular series of tweets; the fact that Dan says "we were concerned that we left you actually dead on lmc's bed" would indicate that firstly they were not alone together and secondly Nick was out of it anyway.
- R452 Dan and Phil's situation?
- Dan used to identify as bisexual on his blog and formspring, both of which were deleted a long time ago before he and Phil became really e-famous. Don't think they were ever a couple though.
I've always wondered what the story behind that tweet was. Sounds as if Nick at least tried it on with him.
- r455 summarized what I was referencing, r454. I ment that in the Dan/Phil case at least their orientations were aligned for a plausible relationship whereas Larry (as far as we know) featured incompatible orientations.
- The Mirror reports they are now separated for the holiday...
- Well the Mirror would know, being One Direction's peeps fav PR vehicle of choice for 'breaking news'.
I like how all the details of most everything Haylor has done have been reported well in advance despite potential security issues.
Interesting that Australia might be in for a round of Haylor, since Europe and the USA have had to have them rammed down the neck in the last few weeks.
- [quote]I've always wondered what the story behind that tweet was. Sounds as if Nick at least tried it on with him.
I love it how people always assume Nick is the one 'trying it on' with everyone? Why?
Taking his/others involved Twitter replies into it pretty much reads like a typical night of drunken revelry involving a party horde crashing on beds that don't belong to them.
- Was anyone else rather amused by Harry's last tweet (the attached includes a reply from Lou/Sam Teasdale's mother). He appears to be quoting from the following song, called Michael Finnegan (mainly sung by children), because that is really not how you spell Chem Chiminee (from Mary Poppins)
"There once was a man named Michael Finnegan,
He grew whiskers on his chin chinnigan,
The wind came up and blew them in ag'in,
Poor old Michael Finnegan (begin ag'in)"
If so, points for an obscure beard reference!
R459 - Yes, I do agree with you; I have never seen any evidence that Nick is in any way a predator.
- C, that's not obscure. That's a Harry Styles special.
- Haha you seriously can't write this!
- Lol, no but seriously I have no idea. Might be a Mary Poppins ref or what you mentioned, C.
Funny anyway. You never know with him. He keeps people guessing.
- I wonder how badly Harry wants to come out, and how that might or might not affect contract negotiations when they've fulfilled their Syco agreements.
- Yeah I'm thinking it's a Harry Styles special there.
R464, did I read correctly that they are taking a hiatus after the 2013 tour? What does that mean exactly? A recording/touring hiatus or putting the band on hold (ala Take That) or refocusing? Or is it another way of saying that's it, folks?
In a general sense, I guess it's at what point all these guys have had enough of One D. I'm sure they have a loyalty to one another and believe in what they are doing as entertainers but the backdrop is inane and repetetive. The fauxmancing is diabolical and their lives seem so ordered. You wouldn't maybe notice as a 'fan' because everything they did would be for you, so maybe you wouldn't question it. But looking in as an outsider with more of an interest in the people, it does appear a highly regimented way of existing.
I might be poor as a church mouse but I'm still free. Freer than Harry, or Liam. Even with all their money, you can't beat being your own master.
- OR (R457) - forgot to mention earlier but Unreality TV ran the Mirror story yesterday, so one presumes the PR bulletin went out on the 23rd, when one imagines Harry was already home.
- Chin chinnigan, chin chinnigan...
This post could also be referring to the high winds. It is a clever thing to tweet as there are so many interpretations. I knew the rhyme,but didn't get the beard part until I read it here.
Your interpretations keep me coming back, not sure what to believe:-)
- Link to a (I assume) non-doctored tweet from Harry wishing Louis happy birthday.
(On a separate note, the official One Direction Twitter account referred to Tomlinson as 'Louise', which brings back memories of our DL poster who would appear on every Louis' Ass thread to proclaim his love for 'Louise'.)
From the way Harry's message is written 'Hope you're having...' that he's a. not with Louis b. possibly not even in the same place?
It makes sense that people are in diff. places for Christmas. But it doesn't (on the face of it) look as if a Larry birthday is in effect.
- So I wonder where Louis will have his party today? That's if he has another. I'm going out in Doncadter this evening but I suppose it'll be a private venue or room so no chance of spotting him or Harry as some believe he will be around.
- Harry arrived at Heathrow this morning with an injured chin. No obscure beard reference in that tweet I'm afraid.
I expect Harry left states on the 23rd, just as the update accounts were informed (nice that H's people are keeping us so well notified re their budding 'romance'..)
Harry was spotted at Heathrow alone, however, a young fan is claiming her friend's dad (a pilot) met both H and Swift on the flight over here? If she really was spending Xmas with H (which I highly doubt) wouldn't they have just flown over on her private jet straight into Manchester?
If they really were together, what would be the benefit of advertising H flying in to London alone, whilst sneaking her in? Even If they were real, would she really spend Xmas with someown she has been dating for a few weeks?!
- L Girl, I'd suggest a good deal of info is put out to misinform things get misinterpreted. This fandom is famous for making things up. It's not impossible she's here. It's thus far been a very full on campaign of Hayloring and they seem to be the new Kanye and Kim, popping up everywhere.
I still think there's something cryptic in that tweet since the ref is quite obscure. Fun though!
- Another thing, if Taylor is going to Australia for Christmas they may have been going out on the same flight or setting off at the same time.
It's just impossible to tell with the amount of info put out and fan interpretation. I care less about Haylor movements being true or false than to find out if/when Harry hangs with Grimmy.
- Why she fly commercial at all if she has her own jet?
- Sorry, missed out a 'would' in the above post.
- Harry's looked a right plonker all holiday with her.
Do us a favour, where's Grimmball?
- I find it hilarious the things people think are tweet worthy hahaha
- I assume there's a superfluous "r" in that tweet, r476 (unless Nick supplements his Breakfast Show salary by stocking pharmacies in his spare time).
- R476 - She also appears to be working in Cambridge so she may be mistaken too....
- Just now:
[quote]Tom Frizzell@TFrizzell -- Just seen @grimmers in tesco car park not looking too happy. Hey it's nearly Christmas! -- 24 Dec 12 from Oldham, Oldham
- that boots tweet is inaccurate then!
- So Harry is in Holmes Chapel and Nick's in Manchester.
- Taylor is in Nashville with her family. She's not going to Australia any time soon. She was there earlier in December and the tabloids are running an old quote from before her trip. Her next scheduled appearance is at the Times Square NYE celebrations in New York.
- R482- how do you know taylor is in Nashville? No reports of her there? Someone on twitter said that she was on Harry's plane today to London cos her neighbour spoke to them and said it more than once?? She then tweeted that Taylor wasn't on the plane. Maybe management told her to that? If she is here with Harry in secret, they are real!!!
- I want to know where they get their sources from?
- H appears to be with N now, according to :this pic posted by Aimee:
- That's what I like to see, r485, cheers.
- there was a tweet that said a person saw Harry, Nick and Olly in the toilet at the Man-U match...
- This place has been super dead lately :( But H + N spending Christmas together (again) was nice to see. And then they went to the same football match the day after but not together?
Also someone raised the idea that the shirt Harry was wearing today/at the match looked a lot one Nick has, and seemed a little big on him (though to be honest Harry tends to wear clothes that are a little bit big or small on him for some reason and the shirt wasn't that distinctive so it could just be a similar one).
- Well, if they were seen in the toilets together (with Olly)then it seems like maybe they WERE together. It's not unlikely that the person didn't recognize Grimmy and his dad next to Olly and Harry.
- Hm true, Nick's not as recognisable/famous as Harry and Olly so it could be that.
- The thread has probably been dead because datalounge did this silly thing these past couple of days where you have to pay to post.
I assume they were together at the football game but not seated together,someone said that the head of Modest was sitting with Harry and Olly so maybe modest provided them with the tickets? If yes then obviously they would be seated in different places since i suppose Nick and his family bought the tickets themselves.
It was indeed very lovely seeing them spending Christmas together,whether friends or lovers you cant argue that whatever they have seems to be very important to them.
- This is the second Christmas in a row Harry and Nick spent together. I don't know how could anyone deny they are a couple. This is the proof we needed they are together and the sources in London were right. And I like they don't hide anymore thanks to Taylor.
- So H drove 40 miles across Manchester just so he could see N on Christmas day? That makes him a pretty special friend IMO...
I'd say whatever was going on between them is definitely still going on.
- I remember some people here dismissed last year's possible Christmas meeting as a twitter joke,seeing them spending time together this Christmas though doesn't make it impossible for them to have done the same last year.
Harry spent most of Christmas day with his mother,sister,step father and step brother and later in the night headed over at Nick's so it could be the same case last year.They are definitely comfortable with each other's families and personally i wouldn't leave my family on Christmas day to visit someone else unless that person was my boyfriend or a very very close friend .
R488 Harry was wearing black pants and a white t-shirt at the cooking photo and the same at the football game,he just pulled a sweater on top of the t-shirt so i assume he was wearing the same as at Nick's since he probably slept over,the dinner lasted till really late judging from the cooking photo Aimee posted around 2:30am UK time so it'd make sense for him to sleep there since the day after had plans at Manchester anyway.
- Njck is Harry's boyfriend, case closed. That explain Nick's laughing about a posible romance between Harry and Taylor, and Harry's bandmates hilarious reaction on the same subject (on X factor red carpet).
- I don't think you can say any of this 'proof' or 'case closed' An alternative explanation can nearly always be found, however unlikely.
That said, I wouldn't leave a family (who I scarcely see) and travel that far on Christmas day for someone that was just a friend (or even a FWB's) Particularly when I had only seen said person the weekend before for a Christmas dinner.
- L-Girl - Actually the photograph of Harry eating at Nick's with Pixie etc was labeled "top 5 roast dinners of all time" rather than Christmas dinner as the one on the previous Friday had been, so I wondered then if they were seeing each other on Christmas day.
I do feel I should voice my appreciation of Aimee Phillips and her Instagram habit though. I did like the subtle inclusion of an identifiable tattoo.
- What kind of proof do you need? A sex tape? Them saying they are a couple? It is pretty obvious H/N send the mesage they are together in a subtle way: by spending the most important and family holiday together.
- I agree with L Girl, I'm pretty convinced they are a couple, but I wouldn't want to say it is 100% confirmed...pretty close to it though, haha:).
- Do none of you spend Christmas with friends, though? Especially close friends, especially if you live near each other?
It's not that unusual to knock on. This isn't really proof of anything, apart from the fact that they're friends, which we knew.
- Nothing is officially confirmed until they say so themselves but everything we've seen and heard so far is as good as a confirmation to me,they might not be a couple but they are definitely more than just friends or FWB.
- haha, so harry and grimmy spend christmas daya nd boxing day together! they are so a couple!!!
I think thr instagram picture was prob a slip up on aimees part as i doubt after a long day and lots of drinking she thought about the that fact that you could see a little bit of harrys tattoo. i def don't think they were intentionally trying to let people know he was there, not when they are trying to hide stuff.
that's probably why harry didn't mention grimmy at the football because they onbiously were there together in some way. they wouldn' spend xmas day together with harry sleeping over which he must of as they were drinking and NOT see each other at the football. harry didn't go with olly. he just sat in the same VIP bit. you wouldn't recognise gtimmy with a hat on so he could go under the radar.
still, grimmy is now off on hols with aimee and others so i'm sure halor will be switched back on VERY soon. expect a visit to NYC over NYE's or something.
AND the sun article?? clearly as plant from their PR team. even forgetting the fact that harry and grimmy were together on xmas day, stories like that are always made up as no one could ever know that harry and taylor were skyping each pther unless they told the press.
Haylor is obv a load of rubbish - not that we didn't know that already!!
- R500, No.
And they don't exactly live around the corner from each other. It's at least an hours drive.
H has friends who do live around the corner and relatives he seems very close to and has very little opportunity to see yet he left them to spend Christmas night with a 'friend'? That's not the norm.
As I said, it shouldn't be viewed as 'proof' of anything but it is certainly behaviour reflective of two people in a relationship.
- all the reasonable people have gone. spending part of christmas with someone means you're together, great. if this case is closed just end the thread.
- Q: you must have trouble with basic reading. If you read the posts properly you will have understood that most people DO NOT see this as PROOF, just an indication that there is something to the rumours. The case is not closed so we will not end the thread. As you only seem to come on here to slag people off I can only assume you ae actually some sort of teen fan. Please go away.
- I bet all these people doubting H/N are Larry shippers. It is obvious Nick means so much more to Harry than Louis. Harry ignored Louis on his birthday (except for a lame twitter attempt), he even made a point to attend some party on the same day. What do you take from this? Imo H/L are simply bandmates, they are not even friends.
- haha R506, I bet Q is a secret larry shipper teen. she knows way too much about one direction to be an adult... AND she is weirdly emotional about this topic.
- Just trying to sort all of this out...
Harry spent most of Christmas day with his family. He spent the latter part of the evening into the morning with friends including Nick. This really is not that unusual. We already know that H&N are special to each other, don't we? SOMEONE wanted everyone to know that Harry was at the gathering, as evidenced by Aimee's shameless post to instagram. They knew everyone would figure it out. I'm starting to wonder if Nick himself is the source of many of these "industry rumors".
As for the game on the 26th, Harry himself tweeted "Good day at Old Trafford with my Dad, @ollyofficial and the Essex boys. Great game.. Harry McGee is a keen Skier." Can someone please clarify how we know that Grimmy was there? I must have missed that part?
- Grimmy said on his radio show that he was going to the game on Boxing Day, but obviously had different seats.
- Somebody post on twitter he saw Olly, Harry and Grimmy together at stadium.
- Someone tweeted that Nick was at a game and was seen with Olly and Harry,apart from that Nick said on his show that he would attend a Man Utd game on boxing day.
As for those who think Nick is shamelessly promoting his friendship with Harry let me remind you that before the rumors srarted getting louder Nick,Harry and especially Aimee would tweet about having dinner with each other etc so it's not an odd behaviour.
Apart from that,Nick and Aimee and Pixie always tweet a lot and post many photos everytime they spend time together and most of those Harry is absent so it's not like they ONLY post photos when Harry is there.
They have nothing to gain out of making a point that Harry was there,but since MOC has defined his/her larry views before i wouldnt expect anything else,larry fans have been trying to dismiss Nick/Harry as PR since day one
- It is funny the second Harry had a "girlfriend" we have all these proofs of H/N hanging together nonstop. Is like they don't have to hide anymore.
- Ill never understand how people think rumours surrounding a 28 year old gay man and a 18 year old could be PR, it's actually laughable not to mention damaging if the mainstream public knew.
In answer to your query. Harry spent the day and early evening with his immediate family and then drove (at least an hour, someone local has estimated it at about 90 minutes) to Nick's parents home where Nick and Aimee were visiting (there were no other friends there). He then stayed over (in photographs at Old Trafford he appears to be wearing one of Nick's shirts) and on Boxing Day attended the football match. Nick had previously mentioned on his radio show that he would be going with his father, and others, and yesterday he and Harry were seen there together. (see attached tweet).
Whilst it certainly doesn't prove anything, I for one have never spent Christmas day with my family (particularly in his case, one he sees relatively rarely for an 18 year old) and then driven through the night to see a friend. I don't know if you are British and therefore have grown up with the tradition of Boxing Day or not but here they are generally treated as a joint holiday and one would normally spend the two days with family or significant others which is why, I think, most people are seeing it as some form of confirmation of their importance to each other.
- MOC, I have to disagree. H spent Christmas night with N and his family and most probably stayed over. He didn't spend it with 'friends' . Aimee was there spending Christmas with N's family as N seems to regard her as part of the family.
It is unusual however you want to look at it. Nick and Harry's hometowns are not close and no one knows what time he turned up there?
As for Nick spreading the rumours, unlikely given the effort they make to hide their interaction. As someone said, his friend probably didn't think about what she was posting at 2.30am after a booze fuelled day.
Most people looking at this objectively would interpret H & N spending Christmas day & night together as significant.
- I meant to add, in Britain it's customary to spend Chritsmas eve with friends and Christmas day and Boxing day with family/partners
- This thread is embarrassing.
Harry spending time with Nick and other friends late on Christmas Day is not a big deal. Harry traveled to Manchester to spend Boxing Day with his father, who lives there. He brought his father to the football match and they later went bowling together (without Nick).
- I agree that the fact that Harry spent a part of Christmas Day with Nick and Nick's family (again) is quite significant. Just one small caveat: we can't say that he drove to Manchester [italic]just[/italic] to see him: Harry's dad lives in Manchester as well (and I think Harry's grandmother is living with him now because she's ill), and he accompanied Harry to the football game on Boxing Day - so the trip to Manchester was probably also motivated by the wish to visit his dad and grandma on Christmas.
- By that logic, Aimee must be in relationship with Nick too. She has spent all of Christmas with Nick and his family.
- Yes because that is logical as nick is gay?
- R519: Aimee has no family here or any where else to spend xmas. totally different situation, obviously so where is your logic?
why are you visiting and posting on a thread you find embarrassing? THAT'S embarrassing!
Doesn't harry's dad live in alderly edge? that's nowhere near oldham?
and how do people know harry drove to see his dad on boxing day? do you know him? we only know harry spent xmas with grimmy because we saw a pic of him there. stop making assumumptions are reporting them as facts.
- You're right. It's not logical to say Nick and Aimee are in a relationship because Nick is gay. Just like it's not logical to say Nick and Harry are in a relationship because Harry is straight.
- We know Harry spent Boxing Day with his father because both Harry and Olly Murs tweeted about it.
- I never stated that they were in a relationship, no one knows. And it's open knowledge that nick is gay.. Do you know Harry's sexuality? Can you clarify that he is straight... Oh wait I forgot he is with t swift, makes sense.
- yeah except you have no idea if harry is straight, gay or bi R522. only harry knows that.
- no one is saying harry didn't spend boxing dat with his dad. we are just saying he probably also spent it with grimmy. grimmy doesn't even like sport yet he went to watch harry's favourite team.
anyway, what we are saying is that you can'y harry went to oldham because he went to see the football with his dad? one, i've only heard his dad lives in alderly edge and two, old trafford is half way between where harry lives and grimmy lives. he went way out of his way to visit grimmy.
- Oh, come on. Harry says he is straight. This whole 'conspiracy' is as silly as me claiming that Nick is lying about being gay.
- R527 oh come on, you are just being unreasonable now!!! Harry has never commented on his sexuality. AND there is no conspiracy here. no one sat here and made this up. countless people who work with them or know harry or grimmy are saying harry is gay/bi and with grimmy and that they know this for a FACT. we are just trying to work out whether we think what they are saying is true.
- Things are simple,if you are interested in the story you can follow this thread,if you think there's nothing to it just ignore it?
By posting to dismiss what others say you are just wasting your time,noone here knows anything more than what we see and hear and we definitely dont need parenting.It's all harmless gossip and speculations so i really dont see why you find it so important to set us straight or whatever it is that you think you are doing.
I have no knowledge as to where Harry's dad lives but they were together at the football game and then went bowling just the two of them.
Even if you regard H/N as a close friendship and nothing more you cant deny that Harry going over to his to spend part of Christmas with his family IS significant.And there were no other friends,just Nick's family and Aimee.
- "countless people who work with them or know harry or grimmy are saying harry is gay/bi"
This is very interesting and I'm surprised it hasn't been reported by the media. May I have a list of names, along with their comments, please? On Call or Delete, his friend seemed very surprised that Nick thought he was gay, and had seen no supporting evidence.
Harry has not said "I am straight" in an interview. But he has laughed off the Larry rumors as ridiculous, he has spoken on dozens of occasions about women he finds sexually attractive and he is dating a woman.
- R530 you clearly haven't been threads if this is news to you. Off the top of my head, people have tweeted about them who work for:
The Sun, The Guardian, The BBC, Sony Music, Global Radio, Mix Magazine, Grazia Magazine, Wonderland magazine,The Independent, Kiss Radio, NME Magazine, Holy Moly, Heckler Spray, Regional newspapers, Digital Spy, Heat Magazine,
Not to mention many random people working in the following fields: pap agencies, photograpers, Tv runners, Tv editors, comedians, regional radio presententers, kids Tv, journalism, music PR, Fashion, publishing etc..
AND then there are the people who have heard indirectly from people who work with harry and grimmy or know them AND the people who claim they have seen harry and grimmy making out AND know people who have hooked up with harry.
if you want specifc names, read through the threads, the tweets are there.
AND as for why it hasn't been reported, many people have tweeted there is an injunction and even if this is incorrect, the woman that works for the mirror said only last week that you are not legally allowed to out someone in the press. reporting this story would be outing someone. there have been countless pictures of harry leaving grimmys place or driving with him. NONE of these pictures have ever made the papers whilst pics of harry carrying coffee do.
What the press did start to do was write articles dropping heavy hints and innuendo which they are allowed to do. It was around this time that taylor swift suddenly appeared. funny that.
We don't know how many of these people are lying or mistaken but these people have been saying this for over a year and ALL work in an environment where they would be able to easily checkout whether the rumours are true before spreading them. it's highly unlikely that SO many people from SO many differents aspects of the industry over such a sustained period are spreading something that is completely untrue.
And as for the call and delete call, the woman says, and I quote, "he probably does" when speculating whether harry could be interested in grimmy.
but whatever, as R529 says, if you are convinced you are right and there is nothing to the rumours, stop wasting your time on this thread. We believe there COULD be something to the rumours and therefore want to gossip. If you don't, go and do something more constructive with your time.
- I hope this thread doesn't get deleted now that I have listed all those sources. The tweets are already out there on twitter anyway WITH names which I didn't mention.
I'll create a new thread if this one does vanish.
- Thanks, R532...I doubt it will be but you never know...
- I asked for evidence from their actual co-workers and friends, not innuendo from the gutter press and random 'industry' twitter accounts.
I find it depressing that this is a discussion on a gay message board. Like, it is considered impossible that a gay man could have a platonic friendship with a younger guy. That's why there's so much innuendo from Russell Howard etc, and it's depressing to see that sort of attitude internalized by gay people themselves.
- R534: no one unless they are totally thick would tweet a source's name!?
And since when has the BBC, The Guardian and The Independent been'gutter press'?!
Obv, nothing will convince you that something is going on but to be honest we don't care what you think. We are not trying to convince you.
Believe what you want but like we keep on saying, if you don't like the thread ignore it and go and get a hobby.
- Why would anyone care about posting the name of a 'source'? They obviously don't care if they have already publicly made a comment on it. And LOL at anyone who thinks there is a super injunction about this.
Please point me to the BBC, Guardian and Independent articles that suggest they are a couple/ romantically involved.
- Nearly every boy band on the planet has at least ONE homo member, and of all of them I think Harry is the likeliest. His behavior screams closet case to me-- obvious showmance with a professional beard Taylor Swift, stealing time away from the press with Grimshaw, the planted "girlfriend" stories. It all adds up. And what would a young, rich straight guy have in common with someone like Nick Grimshaw? Not much.
All the 1D guys look gay to me but Harry's the one that probably is.
- R502 where is Nick off to on holiday? Someone just tweeted they thought they saw him and the poster is at Heathrow.
It was good to see Harry and Nick meeting up over xmas.
- R536: please read these posts properly. They are tweets, not articles and if you want to find them, search the threads and find them yourself.
i am on here to gossip with others interested in trying to work out if the rumours are true. i am not here to try and convince anyone let alone people who have already made up their mind. I couldn't care less what you believe if i'm honest.
- The only occasion I suspect Swift bearded was for Taylor Lautner, and probably not intentionally. They went out for a dinner a few times and then her publicist told People and Us Weekly that she wasn't into him. LaineyGossip says she was already seeing John Mayer on the downlow around the time that went down.
How are Harry and Nick 'stealing time away from the press'? They tweet each other and family members, post instagram pics of each other, attend media-related events together and are papped together in London. THey don't care if people know they're friends.
Yes, there is no way a 'young, rich straight' could possibly enjoy the company of an older, rich gay man unless sex was involved. What's your conspiracy theory to explain Nick's friendship with young Pixie Geldof? Oh right, you don't have one because Pixie's a woman. UGH.
- "They are tweets, not articles" - Then they are random 'industry' tweets, not comments from Harry and Nick's co-workers and friends as you originally stated.
- R541: based on your posts, I'm starting to think you are actually quite thick.
Consequently, this is the last time I am going to reply to you. Bye.
- I think Nick might be going to New York. Check @chloeclayton's tweet.
- Oh I also just saw a tweet from someone who said she saw Nick with Alexa Chung. Alexa tweeted a few hours ago that she was going to JFK, so I think it's likely Nick is indeed going to be in NYC.
- I think Harry will be in NY for NYE, if the rumours of him and Taylor celebrating "together" will prove to be true. So more Harry and Nick, yay!
- Weren't there rumours that Harry/One Direction would be in NY for New Year's Eve...with Taylor being there too?
It would be great if it was Nick Harry would be with for New Year's...if they end up there at all of course!
- kinda hoping that harry does go to watch his 'gf' in NYC on NYE's now...I don't think the rest of 1D will be there as one of them tweeted to another one about seeing him in the new year.
- Haha, R545...we had the same thought...I hope we're right!
- Thinking the same thing, r545 & r546. I bet Aimee's with them, too.
- AND i might add, grimmy has not once mentioned where he is going on holiday in fact, i don't think he has even mentioned that he is going on vacation. Very out of character for him...
bit like he didn't tweet he was at the football. he knows when he needs to keep things quiet...
- "Apparently it's been confirmed that the boys will be performing at Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve in NYC hosted by Ryan Seacrest!"
I found this on twitter and it's been rumored that they would be perfoming there for a while but i dont know how reliable those 1D update accounts are(it's where i saw the tweet above).
I dont think Nick's holidays in NYC are related to Harry,Alexa is often travelling there for work so Nick is probably going for company,it would be nice if we had a meeting though.
- Nobody is suggesting that it's impossible for Nick and Harry to just be friends. I haven't seen anyone reasoning that their age gap and Nick's sexuality is what means they're maybe together. In fact you've got 11 parts to this thread debating whether they're friends or more.
Instead it's the amount of time they spend together, certain hints about them having "sleepovers", media tweets, and so forth.
And if you want direct sources: Sam Teasdale never once said "but Harry's straight" during Call or Delete. Plus, Nicolo who was on xfactor with them tweeted he found out one of the 1D boys is gay. Plus, the hints from R1 DJs and even Liam and Niall when talking to Nick on his show.
- [quote]Sam Teasdale never once said "but Harry's straight" during Call or Delete.
That's one thing that's always stuck out in my mind.
- I thought, wouldn't it be convenient if Nick's holiday was to NYC after he mentioned a holiday on the show. That was after I had read something about Taylor having work commitments in NYC for NYE. I also read somewhere that 1D were also working at the same event, which is contradicted by their tweets to each other.
- 1D is not on the list of the event hosted by R Seacrest. The rumour is just about Harry going to NY (for more Haylor bullshit press of course).
- On another note, I think Harry's on a bit of a Mary Poppins kick. His latest tweet alludes to a song from the movie plus the "Chin chinnery" tweet.
- I agree with R517. Not that weird or unusual.
- R557 _ Well to be fair you would since you have already voiced that opinion at R500.
With regards to Nick's holiday, the Sun reported a few weeks ago that he is going with friends in the New Year (so one presumes this is after the 1st). Oddly they include this line,
"RADIO 1’s NICK GRIMSHAW knows there’s no chance of going on holiday with best mate HARRY STYLES.."
There is also this from the Mail, again in early December:
"Nick Grimshaw is swapping the cold streets of London for Puerto Rico this Christmas. He told us he was going away with a whole bunch of friends."
- N was spotted sitting with Alexa Chung in Virgin's 1st class lounge. She is off to NYC. He is either going with her or just happens to have a flight with the same airline at the same time to a different destination I suppose.
It seems more likely he'd go somewhere hot and relaxing but I guess we'll not know unless pictures pop up.
- I doubt they'd have similar flights to different locations - it'd be a bit of a coincidence. It seems more likely he'll go spend a few days in NYC with Alexa (and maybe Harry if he ends up there) and then down to Puerto Rico in the New Year.
These rumors about Harry's traveling plans have been correct so far (ie. Him leaving the US on the 23rd) so I'm assuming we will see him heading towards NY in a day or two. And then I'm sure we'll be informed of his travelling plans again whether it's country hopping with Taylor, back to London for work with 1D, or maybe to Puerto Rico with Nick's friends.
- I saw some comments about this so I thought I'd give my 2 cents. Louis' "camera" tattoo is actually more an H disguised. That's why it looks not that well done. We think the one on his shoulder is an Audio Heart tattoo but don't have confirmation. Heart on his sleeve, etc.....
Did anyone see the tweet yesterday showing the picture on the day Louis had his camera done featuring Zayn getting a v line tattoo? We think the legs in the black jeans were Harry's. He was supposed to be with Taylor at the time the tattoos were being done in the middle of the night. Which supports the HAYLOR PR stunt angle. This was the first night before the first walk of shame when it was reported that Harry was seen back at his hotel. Note the hashtags on the photo. The comments about the photo are also very interesting.
Over the last few days the Tweets about Harry or others in One Direction being gay have increased on Twitter. It's curious. People are making jokes on Twitter about how many times Harry has been outed by people who know him.
Beyond the tattoo pictures one of Harry's aquaintances, Nicholas Kusnir tweeted "Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day you said you were gay... Taylor Swift’s next Christmas single...." and then later said it was a joke. But the first time he was challenged he responded that he knew Harry. And then about 30 minutes later he tweeted My last tweet was not 'outting' Harry. I think we can all agree that he likes women... A lot. Especially those going through menopause. Which actually is even more a joke. So 18 year old Harry is either gay or prefers women going through menopause. Most think Nick was told to recant the original tweet during 30 minute lag time.
Some think that Harry wants to be outed and may be trying to get it done through the backdoor since he probably can't say he's gay due to his contract.
- Found these tweets out from tumblr but apparently there's some "harry drama" going down or something according to this person...
@ItsJRCBitch: Shit is gonna go down next week. Twitter will explode.
And right after:
@ItsJRCBitch: @Harry_Styles You’ve been a naughty boy.
Then, an hour ago she posted two answers to her ask.fm account saying that harry and nick have had sex:
@ItsJRCBitch: Did harry and nick actually do it LOL ? — Yes! I wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t true. Everyone knows?!…
Another entertainment reporter then tweeted this in response:
@alexthemagix: @ItsJRCBitch woah, calm down. There’s a time and place for this kind of thing and it’s not on in the public domain on Twitter…
- That sounds interesting, R562, thanks.
- Were some of the tweets deleted?
- R564 yes they where. When I looked for them they were no longer there.
- which tweets are you referring to? as they are all still there for me?
- The twitter will explode one and the one to Harry...
- and here..
- Thank you, R568/R569:).
- I don't know if they should be taken seriously. They appear to just be a celebrity blogger with an avid interest in 1D and have covered their bases by saying both rumors: Haylor is real and has been for months (plus said Harry hasn't cheated on Taylor) and that Harry has slept with Nick and everyone knows that.
Not really sure how the timelines would mesh if Harry isn't in an open relationship with both.
- Though the guy who replied to the Nick/Harry section and said that they shouldn't talk about it on a public forum also works in the media in London.
- Yeah, R571, I agree that the timelines wouldn't make sense...the whole Haylor timeline doesn't as we've all discussed before.
- The celebrity blogger's tweets aren't what interested me, but what the guy who works as a freelance camera operator/showbiz journalist said. That 'JRCbitch' however needs to be careful, true or not, those tweets are libel. Especially now that the UK are getting tougher with tweets and things.
- Which tweets were deleted?
When did they say Haylor was real?
- R574 - The response was interesting as it supports what others have said about a possible injunction.
- R575 - Go to their ask.fm and scroll down a little bit. It's near the top.
- R577, can you link the questions? I'm not a member so can't login.
- Nick was spotted at JFK...
- Nick wasn't being secretive about the Man U match - he talked about going on national radio!
Taylor spent Christmas in Nashville. Loads of people took sneaky pictures of her at Fido last night. I knew that rumor about her being on Harry's flight was just started by tweens. They've only been properly dating since October so there's no way they'd spend Christmas without their own families.
- It's embarrassing that my laughing at embarrassing comments like "this is the proof we've been looking for" makes you people so defensive as to suggest I'm a young Larry shipper. I don't ship anyone, I think Harry's a real person who should do what he wants and without people tweeting BS about it to get attention. As far as my getting emotional here - really? You're reading that into my comments? I just don't mince words, and you can stop telling me to leave. I like that one person who showed up for a bit - it it sad that you think a straight boy and a gay man can't be friends. Even sadder that you're using shoddy anecdotal evidence to suggest 1D MUST have a gay member. Again, Harry is a person, not a game.
If people here act reasonable so do I but jesus.
- Q- You have never believed anything has gone on between Nick and Harry, So why do you keep coming back? Just let people do what they want and dont worry about it.
- I have never believed they were definitely together, you're right. Learn the nuances.
- Also Q no one is saying a straight and gay person cant be friends, My brothers best friend is gay so I no it is possible, we are just saying that their seems to be stuff going on between Nick and Harry that cant be explained away was just friendship, we may be 100% wrong and they may just be friends but we will never know that until one of them says it, so for now I will continue talking about a topic that I am interested in.
- "we will never know that until one of them says it"
That's very silly. They refer to each other as friends all the time. And anyway, things can be obvious and true without a definitive statement being made. For example, the Queen of England has never said she's straight, but we can assume it from her conduct.
- Fair enough and I'm glad you don't think that, but I've seen people on here using it as reasoning. There are so many fallacious arguments made here it can be a bit much. Why am I around? Not much of an idea. But I am (at times), so you can all learn to live with it and the fact that I'll step in when I think something is BS.
- R585 How is that silly? I think the silly thing is assuming someone is straight. You cant judge someone based off their behavior, I did that once with one of my best friends I assumed he was straight because of the way he acted turns out he wasn't.
- Assuming anyone's sexuality is silly.
- So everyone is probably gay unless they explicitly say otherwise.
- but that would be assuming?
- some people don't read posts correctly...
- haha Q u think ur funny......
- We really need a new thread!
Also please stop fighting with Q,it's pointless.They have stated their opinion long ago and that won't change so if you don't agree with them just skip over their posts,this is what i do most times anyway.
With fighting we are just wasting posts and time,nothing more.
- Why do people keep trying to get me to shut up? It's kind as pointless as me arguing with you all.
- Here's part 12: