- Look how Minaj paints on her fucking nose. Is there ANYTHING real about this hack?
- Janet scares me.
- LOL what went on here?
- Wow! How old is Charlie Sheen? If he had gray hair I'd think he was pushing 80.
- Tyra has too many fucking teeth...
- This is awesome! thx for the link!
- Anne Hathaway has a moustache.
In general, they all have bleached teeth or veneers.
- The stache award goes to Degeneres.
- More hairlines please; I want to see the bases of their toupees.
Kinda sweet that Kevin Jonas is still putting make-up on to cover up his zits!
- The most flawless ones I found are:
Paris Hilton (it pains me to even type that)
Tyra Banks (hate typing that too)
Almost all of the men are disgusting.
- Eww, doesn't Katy Perry do Proactiv commercials? False advertising!!
- Even Angelina is kind of a woofer IRL
- Id like to see what the women look like without make up.
- Kristen Stewart should trim her nose hair.
- Michael Jackson must have willed Joan Rivers his nose.
- Tilda is fascinating looking...like an alien...
- Best females:
Claire Danes, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan (event though Lohan has a weird expression)
Ashton Kutcher (ugh), Matthew Fox, all the others look disgusting.
I think it's interesting that the biggest assholes in Hollywood are the ones I find easiest to look at in HD.
- I'm r18 - I think I'm rating based on perceived quality and health of skin, no obvious flaws or well-disguised flaws, no overuse of makeup. I'm ignoring facial hair on the guys.
- A lot of the make-up looks so caked on.
- Obama is as handsome close up as he is far away.
- What work have I had done?
- OMG I missed Obama. He's hot.
- What's the deal with Garth Brooks? His skin looks like a baby's.
- Harry Styles wears colored contacts
- Wow. Kate Moss has beautiful eyes.
- Nicki Minaj is the fakest fake that ever faked!
- Harry Styles has a lot of pimples.
- I will never show my teeth in public again
- Kristen Stewart and Garth Brooks have good skin. Niki Minaj needs to learn how to use her contouring makeup so it's not so obvious.
- Kidman is wearing a clear micronized silica powder developed for HD, which photographs white if applied too heavily.
Sometimes what appears to be a moustache on a female is discoloration caused by hormones. It's
sometimes called the mask of pregnancy but menopausal women (Ellen?) get it, too.
- Any close up high resolution pics of celebrity shit holes?
- Wow channing tatum, yikes.
- Jared Leto, WTF is up with those eyebrows???
- Amazing how different most of them look close-up. So many of the women have foundation so thick it looks like it's been applied with a paintbrush.
- If I were a celebrity I'd be afraid to leave the house without a ski mask on.
- Leto is playing a tranny in the McConnaughey AIDS movie.
But does he look more alien than Tilda Swinton?
- Only extremely young people look good in close-ups.
- Meryl Streep looks good. Very smooth skin for a 60-something woman.
- People who need to dial down the makeup:
Christina Aguilera - up close she looks like Bozo the Clown
Kim Kardashian - her mascara looks hideous, like she has tarantula legs growing out of her eyes
- Now I'm addicted to this site, too. Thanks, OP!
- Dear god no, say it ain't so!
- And the best skin goes to...
- Thank you, OP, this is not only fascinating - it's proving to be quite the tutorial in makeup. I hadn't realized that 98% of these women wear false eyelashes, or that flase eyelashes are available in 3/4" clumps.
I'm certainly learning what not to do!
- OMG! Karl Rove's blog neck!
- Ching chong, ching chong:
- Wow .. irrefutable proof that men sure as fuck don't age better than women but quite the opposite.
- Are there any celebrities who still have their original teeth or does everyone have veneers now?
I can spot veneers from a mile away
- [quote]The stache award goes to Degeneres.
Well, it makes sense, does it not?
- Daniel Radcliffe really, really needs to stop smoking.
- R22, it's plastic surgery that creates those weird horizontal creases, right? I shudder to think of what this old soak would look like without it. Alcohol really makes you hit the wall by 40, doesn't it?
- Kesha looks great.
- r22/r53 figure in smoking and you've got your answer.
- [quote] So many of the women have foundation so thick it looks like it's been applied with a paintbrush.
More like a spatula.
I think Tilda has amazing complexion. Her skin looks like translucent paper.
- Is it me, or is there something sexy about this photo?
- Any celebs who don't have veneers?
Jodie Foster's teeth look natural (probably just bleached).
- Post the Jodie pic, please.
- I think ScarJo holds up well.
- I'm heartened to see that everyone's mascara clumps horribly and the foundation is laid on an inch thick.
I'm no so ugly in this new light.
- Meg Ryan, still with her natural teeth.
- What's interesting to me is how some celebs look better cropped.
- Ewan McGregor and Bradley Cooper both had obvious sets of veneers done not too long ago. It's funny, because their original teeth looked fine.
- Some of them appear to have really nice skin, so I don't understand why their MAs go overboard.
- r44 - Who is that?
- [quote]What's the deal with Garth Brooks? His skin looks like a baby's.
He appears to be wearing foundation.
- "Any celebs who don't have veneers?"
Keira Knightley and Kristin Kreuk look "natural" in their pics
- Janet looks like a troll doll. Really, a troll doll. Scary indeed.
Katy Perry and Jarel Leto both have little round doll eyes. Katy's skin looks spackled for chrissakes, bad skin.
- Danny Trejo's face is melting off...
- Famke Janssen (X-men, Taken)
At 47, she has better skin than many women I know in their early 30s. But maybe the outdoor lighting is just making her look better? Click for super hi res version.
- Louis Tomlinson, r66. Known around DL for his ass and possible man friendly ways with Harry Styles, 8 threads ensue.
- Ewwww....it's just you r57.
- Nope, r71 - she looks like someone in their late 40s who takes good care of themselves.
- r72 - Ah, ok. He should give some skin care tips to Harry.
Incidentally, he looks a bit like a young, pre-heroin Ethan Hawke in that pic.
- He actually looks like Stephen Dorff r75.
- r76 - Yeah, I can see that too. Dorff aged out of the pretty quite young though. Louis better keep up his facial regime.
- [quote]Louis better keep up his facial regime.
Off topic, but what would be a good facial regime?
- I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, but the reason the people in these pics look so bad is because they have been run through photoshop filters. The contrast and saturation on mast of them have been turned way up. That's why Nicki's makeup is so obvious. Lindsay looks downright horrific in candids, yet her pic was not adjusted so much so she looks less awful in comparison.
- I'm scared!
- [quote]good facial regime
Regimen! Not regime. Good grief.
- He's sexy...I'd totally make out with that...
- r82 - Oops. But the world might be a more peaceful place if more countries had facial regimes.
- I hate you R80. I wish I could unsee what I just saw.
- R25, what you're seeing is not proof of colored lenses but a dilated pupil caused by drugs (Molly/E most likely).
- R79 A lot of them seem to also have been sharpened in photoshop. But you're definitely right on the saturation. I think it also has to do with the lighting and flash photography which can make people look harsh.
- I guarantee I could take a hi res photo of pretty much anyone and give it this same treatment in photoshop and make them look like shit. Jack the saturation and contrast and put a quick high pass overlay...bam photo disaster.
- OMG. Keith Richards looks FUCKED.
- They why aren't they ALL photoshop disasters? Some of them look just fine. And sorry, but that mess on Katy Perry's face is not the result of heightened saturation! A mess is a mess.
- The most makeup award goes to Garth Brooks. Ashton Kutcher, Jeremy Renner, Tom Cruise, Jake G., and Leo Di in their second photos, come close. And of course, Pee Wee.
Some of the younger dudes have brow and lash gel/tinting going on along with light powder instead of heavy foundation like Garth.
- Keith Richards looks like a California Raisin
- "Keith Richards looks like a California Raisin"
A California Raisin with veneers or implants. Those blinding white teeth look funny as hell; perfect teeth in a gnarled, brown face.
- Wow. So much make up!
- One Direction --- FACES OF METH!
- Yikes! I thought this was Michael Jackson at first!!
- Taylor Lautner was the only guy I saw with great skin and any sense of youth.
Queen Elizabeth looked beautiful for and old woman. Great skin and without any deep lines in her face.
- Funny how Cameron Diaz's acne-pitted skin doesn't look so bad in her pictures.
I was looking for pictures of Vanessa Williams (re the above and another ProActive spokesperson) and I came across the following. Dear God, I can't unsee it. I guess that's how you look after so many years of Depp.
- I take that back about Taylor being the only beauty. Chance Crawford is pretty damn perfect too when photographed up close.
- Youth only lasts a moment, but butt ugly lasts a lifetime.
- I literally shrieked out loud at that, R98.
- The site is messing with the photos. The lighting and tint is shopped on them.
- The eyes have it.
- Rashida Jones looks wonderful considering her age. That is fantastic skin. (Yes, she has a little bit of foundation on, but not much)
- Oops, I fucked up the link to Rashida Jones. Sorry--this should be better.
- Tom Ford is a total asshole and narcissist, but I've got to admit, for someone over 50 he has fabulous skin.
- Adrianne Curry has good skin without any makeup...
- LOL, R107
- Oops--fucked up the linbk again! Here's Tom Ford:
- They've definitely bumped up the magenta values- a lot of copper/brown eyeshadows are looking dark red, and black eyeshadows have blue highlights.
The reason for spackle makeup for red carpet events- you have to look good from 20-40 feet away- not enough foundation and powder, you'll end up looking greasy and blotchy. Guys will always look better darker, hence all the bronzer.
That said, whatever skin burning procedure Cyndi Lauper went through earlier this year (pics on the web), her skin looks fabulous- and she's supposedly 59. Contrast to Kirstie Alley, who is 61...
- Kirstie Alley:
- Cyndi has always had nice skin. She definitely takes care of it.
- Uma has beautiful skin (I know she's wearing makeup, but you can still tell):
- Taylor Swift: Perfect skin
- So do Uma and Rashida have coke boogers or what?
- R96 made me laugh out loud.
- site got shut down?
- Wow, Jonathan Rhys Meyers looks fucking gross up close! I never did think he was good looking, but this is really bad!
http://celebritycloseup.tumblr.com/search/jonathan rhys meyers
- The obvious nose contouring on a lot of the women just amazes me. I thought JLo was the only one who did that.
- The guys who look good are all wearing makeup. Man makeup is a good thing.
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers does look really bad. He looks so dried out too...look at those lips.
I'm scared to see if there's one of Chris Pine on there. He looks bad on screen sometimes so I can only imagine what he looks like in a picture.
- Kirstie Alley looks every bit of her almost 62 years!
- You guys should try a little test. Get a hand mirror, hold it in your lap and then look down into it. You'll see the horror that would happen if someone took a picture of you close up.
The only people that can stand up to that kind of scrutiny are young with skin not acne prone.
- Yikes! DL favorite Gerard Butler:
- Do you think Enrique Iglesias lower lashes have mascara on them?
- Stephen Amell. Yum yum yum.
- Henry Cavill. Hot. Just damned hot.
- [quote]The obvious nose contouring on a lot of the women just amazes me. I thought JLo was the only one who did that.
I'm a man, and I do it too, with Neutrogena salicylic acid anti-acne makeup. It does make my nose look smaller.
- Henry Cavill. Link fixed.
- Cavill's eyes are a beautiful color.
- Stephen Amell extreme closeup.
Drop-dead gorgeous. This guy is absolutely stunning.
- Stephen Amell. Again, makeup makes the man.
- R134 needs a cataract exam.
- That Steve Arnell photo is not an extreme close up
You think people look bad close up wearing make up. They'd probably look even worse without the make up. Make up is covering up blemishes, uneven skin tone, wrinkles, large pores etc.
- [quote]That Steve Arnell photo is not an extreme close up
Really, R136? Did you click on the image to embiggen it? The only way to get a closer look of Stephen Arnell than the pic at R133 is to point the Hubble telescope at him.
- Wow r131, perfection!
- R128/R129/R131/R133/R135/R137 = Fanboy meltdown.
This wasn't meant to be a thread for your wetdreams, and your pictures really aren't high-resolution close-ups.
- R139, put on your glasses, gramps. And take your anti-bitter meds (or go pet your cat, whatever peps you up).
And I hereby fire your ass as self-appointed hall monitor.
- R140 Now, now. No need to get so upset. Run along to the Henry Cavill fangurl thread now sweetie.
- R139, you're not only bitter, you're retarded.
- Now, now. It's "intellectually disabled", or "special". Polite people don't say "retarded".
- Chris Christie is terrifying. He looks like a demonic Mr. Potato Head.
- I"m not R139 but come on R142 that's a soft focus close up and is nothing like the extreme High resolution close up of all the other celebs from that site.
- I'm not R142, but he (or she) is right on two points: 1) those are definitely close-up shots that only blind shit-stirrers can't (or refuse) to see; and 2) those who continue to argue the point are indeed retarded (and no, there's nothing "special" about you).
Beautiful images, R142. I also adore Henry Cavill and Stephen Amell. Exquisite taste! Please keep them coming.
- Not as sexy as this:
- R146 has never seen an HD TV set. You can check out this new fangled technology at the local Best Buy (or Walmart if that's too high class)
- Anderson Cooper
- unknown celeb Max Greenfield looks cute in his close up
I looked him up and he's willing to go full frontal if cast in fifty shades
- is Dominic Monaghan gay? He looks pretty handsome. I also think Channing Tatum looks really handsome as well. W However, after seeing these guys up close is like a balloon that has been deflated! Man! most of these guys are not good looking at all and they look more average than before. They are unsaved and look sloppy! I'm amazed so many people with bad skin and so many have pock mark damage to their skin. There are so many women with fake eyelashes too.Kim Kardashian said she wants to the next Elizabeth Taylor very badly! Honey? keep dreaming because you don't come even remotely near Elizabeth Taylor.
- Anderson looks good in r150's pic. Very smooth skin for a 40-something guy.
I didn't even recognize Tom Hardy in r147's pic. What's funny is how some celebs are almost unrecognizable up close.
- R152 I actually think Kardashian holds up really well in closeups (and I'm certainly no fan). Her garish makeup detracts from her looks: without makeup she is much more fresh and beautiful.
- oh dear god!!
- John Boehner looking AWFUL