- The novelty of Artie rolling across the stage in his wheelchair has worn off. They should've graduated him last year.
- Wow. People still watch this?
- The idea that Blaine would date Kurt was never believable.
- Is the white kid with the yellow skin still on the show?
- Up for Glee.
- The 'gangsta' style Artie attempts is godawful.
I never thought I would say this, but SJP has been the best thing to happen to the show in ages. Kurt's career at Vogue is very contrived, but her character seems less blatantly preachy and unrealistic than anyone else currently on the show.
- A mash up with gravy and rain...
- From the previous thread:
[quote]Haven't watched it consistently so can anyone tell me if Puck has been dumped from the show? I only ever watched it to see him but he was barely on it after Ryan Murphy turned on him. Where is he???
Puck has been on at least 3 episodes this season, looking extremely middle-aged for a recent high school grad.
- The Kiki number was great until Lea had to butt in with that off-key hoe-down version of Turkey Lurkey.
The Turkey Lurkey section would have worked if they'd done the Bennett choreography - with Colfer as Miss Della Hoya.
- I LOVE Kiki!
- [quote]The idea that Blaine would date Kurt was never believable.
You don't actually know any really good looking people, do you?
- Whatever, r12.
- Why is the main billing still (most of) the original kids? And all of the new students, most of whom are in every episode, considered guest stars?
- Yes R14. All the old cast except for Dianna Agron are still billed under a regular contract, and all the new kids are guest stars. Doesn't really make sense given the set up for the season but that is how they chose to spend their money. Most of the cast gets paid for barely showing up.
- Because by the end of the season, all the new kids will be fired and the regulars will all move to NY and the focus will be there. With the eception of the last song, "Don't Dream It's Over" which is actually Finn's song anyway, the only good parts were in NY.
- No one cares about the new kids. It's astonishing they've held onto as many viewers as they have, when everyone predicted the worst. But people are still tuning in: to see Rachel, Kurt, Blaine, and all the other oldsters.
- Are we really not going to talk about Blaine's bathhouse circuit comment?
- I laughed hard at that R18. It's the type of humor they rarely do with Blaine.
Episode was okay, Rachel won the showcase thing for Nyada...so what's the point of that storyline if they have already established she is the best? (Also that dance off was absurd, flipping your hair and posing with a lot of make up ain't dancing).
Glad the Warblers won, would have been ridiculous if they hadn't.
So is that the end of this eating disorder storyline we have been subjected to for months? How anticlimactic.
- Enjoyed Rachel's solo "Being Good" from Hallelujah, Baby! That's a song you don't hear very often.
- Give it a rest, r2.
- Rachel singing "O Holy Night"... every Christmas, why does the show seem to conveniently forget that the character is Jewish. Of course, there are no well-known/popular Hannukah songs but for her to introduce the song as "one of her favorites"
- One year they had her do Karen Carpenter's "Merry Christmas, Baby" which conceivably is a love song, not a Christmas carol, but it's hard to get around "Oh Holy Night" being about the birth of Christ.
OTOH, it is a beautiful (if way overdone) song in Rachel's range that lets you sing pretty and belt some of it out, so I guess I can see Rachel liking singing the song.
- That doesn't bother me R22, at the end of the day it is just a beautiful song. You can appreciate that without giving a damn about the meaning.
Apparently some people are freaking out at the meta comment about lesbian bloggers not liking Brittany hooking up with Sam. I thought the comment was stupid in the context of the show, definitely the writers overreaching with the meta but I didn't see why it was so offensive.
- It is hard to watch that Lea person. In her dance/sing off with Goldie's daughter she was horrid. But then again she has a blackboard nail screeching voice...her tone, timbre etc makes her sound like one of the chipmunks.
They often cut away from her because her dancing was so bad. Her sexy poses were laughable
- I love Lea. She knocked it out of the park last night with all of her songs.
- [quote](Also that dance off was absurd, flipping your hair and posing with a lot of make up ain't dancing).
[quote]It is hard to watch that Lea person. In her dance/sing off with Goldie's daughter she was horrid.
It was supposed to be. Did you not hear her say she's going to have to win the competition with her voice? Just like Kurt's over the top audition when he lost the lead in the West Side Story musical? Not everything these characters do are supposed to be fabulous.
- Blaine in a bath house... Now there's a scene I can get behind.
- I was kind of surprised at how much I liked "Something Stupid." I'm old enough to remember when the original version was out and HATED it then. It was REALLY popular (shot to #1 very fast) and in those days of Top 40 and limited playlists, it was on All.The.Time. But Sam and Brittany's version was cute. Or maybe I'm just old. (I also loved Sam's locker rack of multiple lip balms!)
- Lol @ at Blaine's post-glee club future being working at a bathhouse.
- "there are no well-known/popular Hannukah songs"
There is THE Hannukah song.
- Agree with R10 and R19.
- At least Rachel finally admitted that she's not attractive.
- When, in the history of "Glee", did Sam ever act like he was interested in Brittany? Oh, that's right-never.
- Surprised that only one person mentioned that her "O Holy Night" was way overdone, especially in compared to Kurt's "Being Alive."
- During Kurt's singing performance I was so distracted by how the lights cast a shadow on Kurt's nose and made it look like it's deformed.
- Do you have Asperger's R363?
- I guess Finn's incredibly thin voice and total lack of any singing ability are just so taken for granted that they don't even merit a mention these days.
- Look, I tune in (as I do the New Normal) since Ryan and Brad are so "in your face, I'm gay!" and we need more of this in the States...but...
I know you're supposed to suspend your belief system when watching a show...but...
IT IS JUST BAD WRITING:
Kurt actually is asked to sing "off the cuff" in one of the most amazing Winter Solstices?! I mean, she had to re-seat Scott Rudin for fuck's sake!
Mr. Shu just comes back into the class for 30 seconds and then you don't see him again?? Is he back from his faux job in DC??
Finn: there's just so much that's bad. GET A LIFE FINN. Who would go back to school and PRETEND to be a teacher and not get paid???!
Sue: enough. One episode she's in love with the Glee club and the next she is throwing away their trophies? Just too over the top.
The thin blonde girl: one episode she is literally Damien incarnate and the next she's crying about the girl fainting?
It goes on an on.
- R39, I'm pretty sure the demographic Glee aims for does not notice any of those problems.
- [quote]Rachel singing "O Holy Night"... every Christmas, why does the show seem to conveniently forget that the character is Jewish. Of course, there are no well-known/popular Hannukah songs but for her to introduce the song as "one of her favorites"
Rachel is the only one who can sing it. Still, one of the greatest Christmas songs ever written.
- R39...Glee is a fantasy musical show, HEL-LO?
I thought Rachel's version of "Oh Holy Night" and "Being Good isn't Good Enough" was brilliant and moving.
- [quote] Do you have Asperger's [R363]?
Are you a psychic, R37?
- Okay, here it is. I'm just going to say it!
Glee should do a spin-off show of Rachel and Kurt in New York, and their struggles, trials, and tribulations at NYADA.
They should keep Kate Hudson's character. She is great as Cassandra. They should also keep Sarah Jessica Parker as a recurring character (if Kurt keeps his job to put himself through school). She is great as Isabelle.
I like Lea Michele. I think she has a beautiful voice. I also think Chris Colfer is very talented. They could have the other Glee stars do guest star roles from time to time, especially Blaine as he and Kurt work out their relationship. (But I'd want Rachel and Finn to be done with - I can't stand Cory Monteith.)
I know it's the law on Datalounge to hate Lea Michele, Kate Hudson, and Sarah Jessica Parker, but everyone who claims to hate Glee keeps talking about it on countless threads. I know you'd all watch. And then you'd run to your computers to post on DL about how much you hated it.
- [quote]Apparently some people are freaking out at the meta comment about lesbian bloggers not liking Brittany hooking up with Sam. I thought the comment was stupid in the context of the show, definitely the writers overreaching with the meta but I didn't see why it was so offensive.
It would not surprise me in the least if the writers were referencing REAL-LIFE fan boards where the resident lesbians are undoubtedly going apeshit over a bisexual TV character moving from a loving relationship with another girl to a blond male bimbo.
[quote]When, in the history of "Glee", did Sam ever act like he was interested in Brittany? Oh, that's right-never.
Actually, they've been slowing building this up for several episodes now, with Sam and Brittany united in their blonde stupidity.
- R44 I like your idea...and cancel the one with the boring kids.
- [quote]Okay, here it is. I'm just going to say it!
You *go*, girl!
[quote]Glee should do a spin-off show of Rachel and Kurt in New York, and their struggles, trials, and tribulations at NYADA.
...except the main show is already going tits-up in the ratings, so the chances of a NYC spinoff are nil.
[quote]They should keep Kate Hudson's character. She is great as Cassandra. They should also keep Sarah Jessica Parker as a recurring character (if Kurt keeps his job to put himself through school). She is great as Isabelle.
That's not how it works, cupcake. Film actresses may sign on to a high-profile TV show for a LIMITED series of appearances, but anything more than a handful is considered unacceptable -- unless, of course, it's an HBO or Showtime show likely to yield an Emmy nom.
- Agree completely with R44. If Ryan Murphy is too myopic - or stubborn - to do this, maybe Fox wlil fucking MAKE him.
On another note: I may get flamed since the board is SO over-the-top nuts abou all things "Papi"/"teefs" and similar stupidity re Raul Esparza (who I think is very good, btw, on L&O SVU), but:
I thought Chris Colfer's understated rendition of "Being Alive" was wonderful; so much better than all the bleating and overemoting Esparza did on the PBS telecast of "Company."
- [quote] Film actresses may sign on to a high-profile TV show for a LIMITED series of appearances, but anything more than a handful is considered unacceptable -
Because Kate Hudson's and Sarah Jessica Parker's film careers are just SOARING through the stratosphere, aren't they?!
- Someone asked why the lesbian bloggers freaking out. I think it's because most men including Ryan Murphy just don't get women. They found that fourth wall shit very condescending as if he was trying to handle a skittish horse because you know, women are so emotional and out of control.
Some After Ellen comments: " think it was a low blow. I feel like a schoolgirl who is being scolded. Like we're being told our anger is foolish and we should calm down...And while I may process and keyboard smash and growl a little bit, I would never get violent with anyone. After all, as much as I love TV (and believe me, scripted television is my therapy), lesbianism is not actually a mental disorder."
"It was worse in the fact that I had really been hoping what I read wasn't true and that they didn't call out lesbian bloggers as though we were some kind of man-hating angry mob with torches and pitchforks. (I typed "bitchforks" at first. But I actually do have one of those.)"
"Had the scene just happened without all that "lesbian nation" nonsense, it wouldn't have bothered me nearly as much. Would they have singled out gay men? Any other subset of Glee fans? I doubt it. This was a message. A loud one. One that took the onus off of themselves and put it on the lesbian shippers and fans. "Look at the angry lesbians, aren't they so stereotypically angry!"
- [quote]Like we're being told our anger is foolish and we should calm down
Um, you *should* calm down. It's a TV show, honey.
[quote]They found that fourth wall shit very condescending as if he was trying to handle a skittish horse because you know, women are so emotional and out of control.
As every SINGLE "lesbian drama" thread over the past 15 years of DL proves, women -- or, more specifically, two women in a relationship with each other -- ARE emotional and out of fucking control!
- R51 I actually never said any of those things and I'm not a lesbian woman. I was quoting from AfterEllen.
And judging lesbians from DL is probably equal to judging all Gay men. Half the stuff on here with the lesbian woman drama is EST
- Fox already said that there will be season 5. A British actor has been cast as Kurt's new love interest.
This is according to afterelton.
- First, Fox online SUCKS. I'm trying to watch the 'Glease' episode and wonder why it keeps 'dying' while the episode is playing, but NEVER dies during the commercials. Huh.
Anyway, I've got about 2 1/2 episodes to catch up on, but am wondering .... exactly how stupid is Marley ? As someone else said on the other thread ...does she NOT own a scale ? And is Kitty sneaking into Marley's house and altering ALL her clothes (not just the Sandy outfits) ?
What a ridiculous storyline.
- That sucks r50. Ryan is very bigoted in his views about groups that he is not a part of. He does some great stuff for gays with his shows but then nullifies it by being myopic himself.
- [quote]Mr. Shu just comes back into the class for 30 seconds and then you don't see him again?? Is he back from his faux job in DC??
He was home for Thanksgiving -- the Sectionals concert was supposed to be on Thanksgiving night. (I know, like that would happen, but still, that's why Will was there.)
I have to wonder why Morrison hasn't quit the show, or asked to be let go. But maybe that is coming? Really, it works better having Finn run the glee club because most of the audience is more invested in him.
- Kurts new boyfriend at NYADA!
- Do we think Kurt likes 'em uncut?
- A Sectionals loss would've been much more poignant with the original cast. Frankly, I don't know how they skated by last year with that overwrought Jackson medley. Let's face it, the competition element of this show doesn't have a sense of urgency. I still can't fathom how they wrote, composted, and arranged Light Up The World/Pretending a day before Nationals in season two.
Now that they're FINALLY lost Sectionals, they need to focus on why show choir is still important to the group. Maybe they can make up some sort of glee club seminar that they can attend. Wasn't Schue talking about this earlier in the season?
- Did I miss an episode ? I'm caught up and I don't recall the 'thin blonde girl crying over the girl fainting', R39 .... when did Kitty do that ??
- GLEE ratings down 13% last week.
- [quote]I have to wonder why Morrison hasn't quit the show, or asked to be let go. But maybe that is coming?
I suspect it's coming. He can't quit on his own, even if he wanted to -- every actor signs at least a five-year contract with any network show -- and he probably doesn't want to, given his lack of other employment options. His album last year was an epic FAIL, and what else is he gonna do for work, go crawling back to Broadway? It's not like he's some stellar actor or stunning stud or something.
- They only have five million viewers plus it is an expensive show to make....will it be cancelled next year?
- Most sites that follow ratings says Glee is Definitely being renewed next year and the only thing that would stop it from being renewed is if Ryan Murphy & Co decide that they're sick of doing the show. Despite the lower ratings from last year, it's still the second highest rated scripted show for Fox.
According to tvbythenumbers.com it will be renewed.
- Murphy wanted to spin off Rachel & Kurt in NYC for this year and Fox said NO. That was talked about last spring at upfronts.
Watch Kate Hudson get an Emmy nomination for her work, as long as they don't let her character get soft. It's the same formula that worked for Jane Lynch, plus Kate can really sing and dance.
- [quote]since the board is SO over-the-top nuts abou all things "Papi"/"teefs" and similar stupidity re Raul Esparza
FEETS, r48, we are nuts about Papi Raul's FEETS.
TEEFS is now used for Jessica Pare.
- I hated the changes made to "Being Alive." Sondheim wrote those progression of musical notes for a reason. Just sing the fucking song as written, douchebag.
- [quote]I hated the changes made to "Being Alive." Sondheim wrote those progression of musical notes for a reason. Just sing the fucking song as written, douchebag.
- [quote]When, in the history of "Glee", did Sam ever act like he was interested in Brittany? Oh, that's right-never.
Most of Glee's "romances" come out of nowhere, move around randomly then return to nowhere.
- Agree with r44, but also send Tina to NY, bring back Mike Chang and Santana. I don't care about any of the others.
- Wrong, R40. You need to go to Tumblr and some of the gay teen boards. Those kids hate-watch Glee. The inconsistencies are their major gripe.
I think Glee should have moved to NY full-time with Rachel, Kurt, Mercedes, Santana and Blaine. The rest of the cast was driftwood.
- Could Trouty Mouth go too? He could be a Calvin Klein underwear model.
- It is a show about a highschool Glee club. If you spin it off to be a show about young people in NY it can be a cool new show, but it can't be Glee.
The problem is they tried to reset suddenly after three seasons. They should have graduated and replaced some people every year.
- Or they shouldn't have been in "linear time". Each season didn't have to be a school year.
- This is the first year that I've really been tuning out while watching. I mean, there have been a lot of crap episodes before this year, but with the possible exception of the X-Mas variety special, I never found them cringe worthy. Till now. Meanwhile, every few episodes there would be a couple of songs that I would download. This year, so far I've only downloaded "Heroes" and it's only because I'm worn out on the David Bowie original and the Peter Gabriel version is only good for about 30 seconds.
And really, where are they headed after this? The show is all about them competing as a glee club. Now the competition is over. Of course, I wouldn't put it past them to come up with some bullshit plot twist that would have them competing for nationals.
The Warblers all die in a plane crash! A Tornado destroys all the other schools!
- As much as I am not a huge fan of the new cast I think the first 9 episodes of this season have been better than last season objectively.
I just think people have a harder time accepting Glee's weaknesses when it doesn't at least contain those characters you have grown to love, which makes sense.
- It does not have to be about a high school glee club. It can be about a group of friends who met in a high school glee club and are now trying to make it in NYC.
I have no doubt which would be more popular among glee fans: following the original cast to NYC or more scenes of Mr. Shue and Sue in the principal's office.
- [quote] every actor signs at least a five-year contract with any network show
So how did Dianna Agron get lucky and not have to reappear this season (except for her 2 guest spots?). She and Jayma Mays are the only original regular cast members no longer listed every week in the credits?
- Supposedly Murphy asked all the actors playing graduates if they wanted to continue with the show in some capacity, and Dianna was the only one who said she would appear but didn't want to be tied to a contract.
I have no idea why they demoted Jayma Mays. It's not like being a regular on the show means they have to put you in every episode.
- glee me
- Those Lea Michele fans over on the L Chat are hardcore! I pointed out that I think many of her actions are designed to maximize publicity for herself and I got banned! I didn't even curse or condemn her.
Let it be known: Never doubt Lea's best intentions!
- Lea Michele boasts about her 'great' breasts: "They are my prizewinners."
- Lea is so full of herself.
- I've seen her tits. They were very nice.
- [quote]Kurts new boyfriend at NYADA!
OH, that's totally hardcore!
- Lea and Cory as a couple. Sweet, but I wonder how long this 'Esther/Norman' relationship will last.
- Yay for an appearance by Burt Hummel (Mike O'Malley). Boo for his storyline though.
- Christ Shankman, the editing on "Feliz Navidad was so quick it almost made me nauseous. There is absolutely no need for two second edits.
- [quote]So how did Dianna Agron get lucky and not have to reappear this season (except for her 2 guest spots?).
To clarify: actors cannot pull themselves out of a standard five-year contract without approval. Networks and/or producers, however, can unilaterally CEASE any actor contract at any point. In essence, the power is where the money is, and with pilots the power is thus situated entirely with the producers of the show. Very, *very* few actors on regular network shows have the kind of independent wealth or fame that would allow them the ability to dictate terms to the network, at least when they first sign on. There are, of course, exceptions, e.g. when a fairly well-known film star signs on to do a network show; I would assume Glenn Close, for instance, had considerable influence over "Damages," including a huge salary and probably a producer credit.
If you think about it, this policy makes sense: why would a network risk promoting a show and its actors if they can just up and leave after just one season or two? It's generally damaging to any newbie show if a significant character departs within such a short time frame.
- I agree, R91!
- R92, you're forgetting that Aaron Spelling et al sued the living shit out of her for walking off the show, and that was even taking into account the fact that she never formally *signed* any contract to begin with. But yeah, the Farrah issue (followed quickly by the Suzanne Somers issue) is one of the main reasons why networks are so insistent on locking down actors with iron-clad contracts today. At this point, 35 years later, the contracts are well-enough written to the extent of being impossible for any actor to reasonably break.
- The chick with the big nose is supposed to be a megabeeoych IRL.
- Dianna probably wanted out of her contract, and they were probably willing to let her go since it would save them money in the long run. They only want to use her for a couple of episodes, and now they don't have to pay here for 22 when she'll probably only be in about three.
- The Christmas episode didn't work for me, felt too disjointed and the Brittany and Sam stuff was a little too stupid.
Also damn Murphy, we know that Tina chick is a weak actress but calling her out like that was pretty bitcy.
- What did he do to Tina now?
- It was nice to see Coach Bieste. The Hannukah number was funny. Is the show filmed on the Paramount lot?
- They better not kill off Burt.
- That's a 2011 article R100. Burts days may be numbered now.
This episode was weird and disjointed. Who gives someone their ex as a Christmas present? Kurt was very unenthusiastic.
They've really dumbed down Sam so he could be with Brittany. Brittany is a side character that cannot be the star of the show. There's only so much of her you can take.
The anorexia story needs to die already.
- we are all hypocrites.
Americans have killed over 100,000 INNOCENT people in the last 12 years, at least half of them children. With our tax dollars, with the approval of our President, and our Congress.
Glee isn't consistent and suddenly people are weepy.
Get over yourselves. We are all killers, to some degree.
- Well you certainly tried to kill this thread R102.
- [quote]The Christmas episode didn't work for me, felt too disjointed and the Brittany and Sam stuff was a little too stupid.
It didn't work for me, either, but that's probably because they recorded a bunch of holiday tunes for the annual Christmas album first and *then* tried to build an episode around it. The results were, well, ridiculous. Only the Kurt/Burt/Blaine thing both made sense and evoked actual feeling, and it must've cost a pretty penny to film on location at the Bryant Park skating rink in NYC.
Also, I'm pretty sure Fox doesn't have its own backlot with full-size permanent outdoor sets; Paramount and Universal have them, and both are open for use (as in rental) to outside production companies.
Finally, they brought the Irish kid back for Artie's dream but *still* didn't bother explaining where he went in the first place?!?
- R104, he was an exchange student and he went back to Ireland.
- The episodes of the Golden Girls and The Simpsons which have the same vignette story/clip style are always the least favorite episodes for me.
And boy, that poor sucker called Blaine. Instead of celebrating Christimas with his brother and / or his parents he tags along with Kurt's dad and tries to mend a relationship Kurt has no interest to fix.
- Soooo happy to see the Irish guy back!!!
- Where in fuck did Brittney get enough money to pay for all thoses gifts? In what world was Artie ever considered the glue that holds "Glee" together? Wasn't that always Finn "the man we all wanted to be" Hudson?
- How could they film Xmasy and cold weather scenes in NYC? It had to have been, at most, 4 weeks ago or so. I thought production-to-air dates were a lot farther apart.
- [quote]And boy, that poor sucker called Blaine. Instead of celebrating Christimas with his brother and / or his parents he tags along with Kurt's dad and tries to mend a relationship Kurt has no interest to fix.
Hello? Burt just told Kurt that he has Prostate Cancer. Maybe he wasn't in the mood to get laid. And Blaine clearly loves Burt and came to give him support in telling Kurt.
- R109, the city's ice rinks open around Thanksgiving, and I saw some pics online right after Thanksgiving of their location shoots back in NYC. They may have very well shot the location stuff quite a while after the rest of the episode. They also filmed a number of Kurt/Rachel scenes on location, which presumably won't be aired until January.
- Wretched episode.
- Glee does film on the Paramount lot.
- I thought Tina faked her stutter.
- I'm surprised that no one called out Blaine for being self-loathing because he wanted to watch sports with Burt.
- Is Blaine gay?
- Just watched the DVR'ed Xmas episode. Really awful.
The whole Sue/Millie/Marley thing was dumb.
Still can't get over how middle-aged Puckerman looks.
- I just re-watched RUNNING WITH SCISSORS last night. What an awful film. But what's interesting is how it's almost a checklist of Ryan Murphy's tics, faves and fetishes. God, gays, Gwyneth, etc. It's practically a non-musical precursor to GLEE.
And has anyone else ever noticed how much Joseph Cross in that movie looks like Chris Colfer? Is this Murphy's type? Or does he seem himself in these elfin boys? It's just weird.
- R116 are you asking that because Blaine likes sports? There are many of us who do like sports. If you're asking if Darren Criss is gay, the jury is still out on that.
- R118 you need to read the Murphy profile that ran recently in the New Yorker - that "type" IS Murphy when he was young, which is why it pops up often in his work.
The best part of this Xmas episode - altho' Lea appeared, SHE DID NOT SING.
And in the next new ep in January - lots of hot male flesh on display: Sam, Rachel's new bf, etc. Something to keep you warm in a cold winter.
- Okay, I finally watched the episode... and screw you nay-sayers. The first several segments were really moving. And I loved the whole thing. Not the greatest episode, but good over all.
- MOVING?!?? The Artie segment was the absolute lamest stunt Glee has ever pulled, and that's saying a shitload.
- R118 you're so right. Chris Colfer is like Joseph Cross, while Andrew Rannells looks like an older version of the two of them. I bet Ryan Murphy sees himself in all these guys. He's exploring all his demons while making millions of dollars so I doubt he cares what anyone else thinks.
And that Artie stunt was not remotely moving. It made me wish he had hired that handicapped girl from the glee project. That way we could never have a dream episode where she's dancing around and he could show he really have respect for actual handicapped people. It's actually a very insensitive episode. He may as well have had a segment where the black actor becomes white in a dream episode.
- The Men of McKinley. Darren looks hot.
- And Mr July
- r102, Christmas cunt OFF THE LAND and heading to Brother SON with a knife.
- New blonde gay guy = HOT
- Next week some of the guys are shirtless, including Sam (Chord Overstreet).
- Okay, how about a recap for those of us not watching this season. I tuned in tonight and was lost.
Finn is now back and is a teacher? What happened to the army?
Blaine is now single?
Where's Michael Chan?
They're letting Puck hang out at school? Since when to schools do that? He did look old. Perhaps they should make him a custodian or bus driver.
- [quote]They're letting Puck hang out at school? Since when to schools do that? He did look old. Perhaps they should make him a custodian or bus driver.
I know they allow people to sit-in in College classes. Yeah, Puck looked older and a little overweight.
- [quote]They're letting Puck hang out at school? Since when to schools do that?
This is Glee. It's not exactly realistic. In fact, if that girl Kitty is underage say 15 or 16 and he's supposed to be 19 (hah!) then Puck could be accused of statutory rape.
Kurt's new possible guy is cute.
- The guy who plays Jake is possibly the best-looking man (boy?) I've ever seen.
- The episode last night was so horrible. Bad songs and dumb story lines.
Blaine loves a straight guy, fag hag in love with her gay, doping by a choir, and the reject New York show choir doing baby got back.
Show is pretty much dead now right
- Wow, worst episode ever. RIP, Glee. I was one of your biggest fans.
- Chris Colfer's reaction shots to the Baby Got Back performance were ridiculous.
- Can't wait to see the audience numbers. Wouldn't be surprised if this draws off a good percentage of viewers.
- Last night I found myself wanting to fast forward through more scenes than I wanted to watch. McKinkley arcs were both ridiculous and boring,focus was on characters no one really cares about, song choices lame and predictable, performances numbers were passable at best, and the main characters were virtually shells of their former selves.
I seriously can't even believe how completely off track this show has gotten. So much potential; so much disappointment.
I know it's returning for a fifth season, but out of curiosity, what do you all think it will take to salvage this show?
- This most recent episode was hamhanded, unfunny, self-contradictory, scattered, uninteresting, and lame. Glee really needs to stop with the Christmas episodes, school dance episodes, and Britney Spears episodes. Enough is enough already. As hot as the new kids are (Jacob Artist) they don't bring any of the original charm the old cast had with each other.
- "Men" of McKinley? Please.
- I thought last night was ok, there have been much worse episodes this season. As cliche and lame her subplot is, at least Tina got something to do and she actually has a lot of friend/platonic chemistry with Blaine. I like Kurt's new boyfriend even though the Baby Got Back scene was absolutely HIDEOUS, unfunny and stupid and yes Kurt's reaction shots were cringe worthy (where the fuck are his teeth? seriously where do they go?).
Weird that they brought the fat girl back (she didn't graduate?) only so she can whine about not getting a date. And the poor dreadlocks Christian dude who has had absolutely nothing to do since he was introduced is now going to be her love interest???? Yuck. Feel very sorry for that actor. He won that crappy reality show and even Unique (who came third/fourth?) has had more character development.
All the new kids are bores (what is the point of Ryder? he must of sucked Ryan's dick goooood) and the whole glee club is now too blandly attractive and TV to pull of the 'teen misfits' schtick. Love Kitty though, her and Puck actually had good chemistry and were one of the high points (even though they've now completely changed her character from crazy Christian into a slutty Santana type just to serve a plotline).
- You can tell Lea Michelle and Chris Colfer just couldn't give a shit about this show any more and can't wait for their contracts to end. Colfer especially.
I also think Matt Morrison will leave after the obligatory Will/Emma wedding, Cory fills his role fine, he is not needed anymore. And after the Glee parodies on The New Normal is clear that Ryan wants to get rid of him and Dianna as soon as he can.
- Question - granted there were only two brief shots of him, but was Becky's dance partner another person with Down's Syndrome? It looked like it to me.
- Could the glee club at NYADA have been shown as being more of outsiders? Every one except for Adam looked like stereotypical nerds and geeks, even more so than McKinley High's.
The only good part was Brittany's meta "You and I are going to do a song. It usually starts when I say 'It's Brittany bitch' or I do a magical turn" and then she does a turn and the scene turns into a musical number.
I wonder if it was intentional or just a matter of choice that the episode featured well-known rap/R&B numbers -- "Baby Got Back" and "No Scrubs" -- done by some of the whitest people around.
- "Could the glee club at NYADA have been shown as being more of outsiders?"
"Outsiders," i.e., a C-level touring cast of the atrocious "Rent," sponsored by Buffalo Exchange Clothing.
Their costumes were autumn-ly tinted to hipster color-swatch precision.
- From a 'New Normal' recap:
"In an earlier scene, Bryan and David are learning infant CPR when Bryan receives an alert on his phone. It turns out that one of the actresses on Sing! showed up to rehearsal late, reeking of John Mayer. Bryan "spoke loudly" to her, then she tweeted about the incident. Fans of the actress then attacked Bryan on Twitter, calling him "mean, with a doughy, bloodless face". The CPR trainer asks which actress it was, saying "is it the bohemian one?", and Bryan taps his nose but replies with a no. The trainer perceives the bohemian actress as a "pain in the ass", and Bryan says he could tell stories that would make her hair curl."
Clearly the bohemian actress is Dianna/Quinn. I wonder what these 'stories' are. I can't believe he is being so transparent and obvious.
- Murphy is so repeatedly self-referencing, he might as well do an entire episode of each of shows all about his pretentious cap collection.
- Who was the Cheerio with the neckbrace and why did they keep showing her even though she didn't have anything to do with any of the plotlines?
- Probably the first in line to be one of next seasons main characters, r147; we just don't know it yet. (insert eyeroll here)
Actually though,if you're willing and have time to do the research, since season 1, there has always been a re-occurring background cheerleader with a neckbrace. They just brought her to the forefront for this ep. I looks like she might me a new love interest for Jake, but who knows. "It's Glee!" after all.
- When Rachel had her big freak out about Brody being late and started throwing out the food, I was so hoping he was going to either slap her or walk out the door. Would anyone put up with that crap in real life?
- Terrible episode. I was hoping Rachel would be run over by a bus when she was crossing the street to be with Brody.
- R143, you're an astute one.
- Glee is a mess, and to be truthful, it always was. Sometimes in the earlier seasons, however, there were bright moments, but now there are no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
The writing was always wildly inconsistant, but there were often moments of wit and charm sprinkled inbetween ridiculous and sometimes painful to watch plot contrivences. Now it's about as much fun as a root canal to sit through.
And yet Ryan Murphy is constantly rewarded for being "visionary and brave," despite constantly creating shows that rely on ugly stereotypes of all minorities and essentially homophobic depictions of gay men.
The bad news is if The New Normal and Glee were both cancelled, he would balme homophobia on the part of the audience who tuned out,and studios, instead of realizing it was the homophobia he created on both shows that lead to their demise in the first place.
- 'I know they allow people to sit-in in College classes.'
Yes, I have done it a number of times. It does depend on the college. If you do it for an entire semester, it can be relatively expensine (say $500) at a really good university. Compared to what the students pay for the same course, it's a bargain (again at a really good university). Not sure, if it's available in high school though. So Puck does seem out in the cold on 'Glee.'
- Which Ep of TNN was that r145?
I don't remember that scene at all.
However, in Ep 13. the actress that plays "Brynn" on Sing! complains that her character wouldn't say the lines written and is shut down by being told that they could rewrite the scene so that her character is stabbed repeatedly in the face, requiring a face transplant, and replaced by Demi Levato.
Murphy must really have an issue with Dianna Agron. I wonder what the hell went down btw. the two.
- Sneak Peek of the "Naked" episode.
- How come every character talks like a smart ass?
- Isn't it a bit shitty for you to see everything so black? This season seems to be very strong so far and the numbers for the last episode were actually pretty good, definitely way up from before the hiatus.
- R154, you are repeatedly referring to the wrong actress: it is Lea Michele, not Dianna Agron. Lea Michele plays Rachel on the show, not Quinn. Dianna Agron played Quinn, the blonde cheerleader who was hit by a truck while texting in the cliffhanger last year, not Rachel. That character isn't on the show anymore, more or less, so obviously Murphy and Agron dislike each other, but the character on NEW NORMAL seemed to be more so evoking Lea Michele in jest than her.
- [quote]Question - granted there were only two brief shots of him, but was Becky's dance partner another person with Down's Syndrome? It looked like it to me.
Yes, the guy Becky was dancing with had Down syndrome too, but he was also good looking.
- Anyone secretly hoping Rachel will run into Shelby in New York. I always thought her exit last season was kind of abrupt. No explanation of where she went or if she took off after Quinn discovered she was sleeping with Puck. Is she still in Lima with the baby?
- Funny, but I've always heard from other actors that Dianna Agron was a nice person off camera, the opposite of the character she plays.
- You're wrong, R158. Brynn is clearly a pseydonymn for Quinn, Dianna Agrons character. The bohemian actress is clearly her as well.
The rumours of Dianna trying to advice the writers on how to write for her character aren't new, as evidenced in the link below. Besides, on the New Normal, an actress called "Clea" is said to be Bryan's favorite, so that rules out Lea.
- Considering Quinn was the worst-written, most schizophrenic character, I'm not surprised Dianna wasn't thrilled with the writing. Who is?
However, she HAS already been on the show this season and is coming back, so clearly not all bridges are burned.
- 158, you're wrong. Brynn is clearly a pseudonym for "Quinn", Dianna Agron's character. And for anyone who knows anything about the actresses of this show, there is only one actress who fits the "bohemian" bill.
It's not the first time it's been mentioned that Dianna has tried to give advice to the writers about how to write her character, (not that I can blame her). See the linked article.
And finally, it was mentioned in the episode which R145 references that "Bryans" favorite actress on his show is one "Clea".
- What did Matt Morrison do to piss off Ryan Murphy? He's never on the show anymore and the show was created around him.
- [quote]I know it's returning for a fifth season, but out of curiosity, what do you all think it will take to salvage this show?
A couple of weeks ago at the TCA, the president of Fox said they might set the whole show in NYC next season. They could call it Glee: Time of Your Life!
- I've never heard about any bad blood btw. Murphy and Morrison.
RIB initially thought the show would center around McKinley and characters like Morrison's and Lynch's. Instead the audience focused more on the Glee Clubbers. While The actors who played the "kids" rose in popularity and were doing world tours, Morrison's character sort of faded.
Missing that kind of $$, fame, and opportunity has got to be frustrating for him, since he's right around the same age as they are in real life. Though admittedly, he's not doing to badly for himself. While Glee is trying to regain its footing, Morrison, like many of the others, probably trying to find his next gig so he's ready when Glee finally tanks.
- It's an endemic problem with ensemble shows. Unless the show runner has iron will and vision, everything gravitates toward the more popular characters over time and the magic that comes from the admixture of the variety of characters goes away.
- Murphy has always had that nasty streak of self loathing running through his work, going back to nip/tuck. Every time that show would gain some story and character equilibrium, he would come back in from his latest project and do an episode or two that completely smashed the show and its characters to bits again. Some freak show storyline or guest star to turn all the characters back into monsters or jokes. He's not a big fan of consistency, or character growth, or three-dimensional characters. He's more about shock value and dark jokes. I think he holds all his LGBT characters especially in contempt.
- Ryan and Lea have both said, separately, that they frequently socialize and that they are good friends in real life. Is the "anti-Lea" stuff on TNN a big joke between them? Or do they really hate each other in real life?
- Matt gets paid and still does the voice stuff for Last week on Glee, he aint' crying.
- Morrison still collects more money from Glee than the rest of the cast except for Lynch. I doubt he is that upset given the huge nest egg Glee has given him.
- I thought co-creator and sometimes writer Ian Brennan, not Morrison, does the previously on Glee voiceover, R171.
- While I agree that Brynn rhymes with Quinn and Clea with Lea, the actress that was complaining about her lines was a dead ringer for Lea Michelle.
- R173 you are right I am wrong.
I thought it was Morrison.
- r136, Glee (2.7/7) came raging back from its winter break, up 35% from its last original December 13.
- Chris Colfer fans are all atwitter over him possibly having a new boyfriend. They've been avidly investigating and probably have his fingerprints by now.
Here he is at the SAG awards with Will the boy it appears he kisses 15 seconds into this youtube video.
- Glee plots just don't make sense..they disqualified the new directions because they left the stage..I would assume the judges would have made a exception, because they left because one of the members had a medical emergency..i think in real life, they would have stopped the competition to make sure she was ok.. Now the warblers might be d q because they were injecting themselves with hormones/ or steroids. Why would the judges care? I have never heard of this being a problem in glee clubs
- I just think all the characters have become highly unlikable...
- No, R174, she actually wasn't. The actress was blonde and not nearly as thin as Lea. She looked nothing like Lea.
- The steroid abuse at the Warblers is a total shoutout to John Armstrong and his doping.
Loved the song Marley and Britney sang, but the choreography was all over the place. It was hilarious when Britney presented her ass to Sam when she sang the word breed.
Don't care much for the new love interest for Kurt. He looks like the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.
It is downright insulting that Glee repeats the girl gets a crush on a gay guy again when the show did that in Season One already. Blaine being totally oblivious to whom Tina sings was uncomfortable. And not even Blaine having a crush on his straight buddy Sam saves that storyline.
And of course Lauren is now so very sorry and bitter that she is alone. Perfect to be in this episode about women asking boys out to a dance.
- I get that there trying to refrence lance Armstrong as he In news and if glee was about sports it would make perfect sense, but the show is about show choirs!!!
- anyone else think the way they dress Unique, makes her look like Donna Reed?
- R184 Maybe she's planning to sing "Somewhere That's Green."
- 7 million tuned in last week (not including DVR).
Where the fuck are you bitches now?
Ryan Murphy even wrote the episode and got all the guys to take off their clothes this week!
- What can you even say about it anymore? It's like it's written by chimpanzees. And yet I keep watching. Though tonight's chest-fest might be a good place to stop.
- Glee collapse is complete.
- Best music in an episode in ages. Eye candy galore. Jacob Artist is a god. And Kurt is a nelly prude. What's not to like?
- Love the line about releasing a calendar in January.
So much eye candy and hot shirless guys.
I wonder if Sam will give Blaine a pity fuck or let him suck his cock, because they are like bros and Blaine really did pull him out of the funk.
Tina seems kind of crazy. I wonder if she will pull a Claudia Blaisdel and set the school on fire by lightning candles that represent all the liars in her life?
- Jacob Artist is hot to death
- How in the world if they were disqualified, would they earn a spot just because another team disqualified?
- Tell me again how steroids affect a glee club
- Random plotting, again. Last week Blaine was googly-eyed over Sam, this week not one longing glance or sly peek -- when they hugged at the end, shouldn't something have shown in Blaine's eyes?
And Artie looked very special-needs with that turkey on his lap.
- I don't know about being better, but it was certainly a more enjoyable episode (shirtless guys aside) than some previous ones. Is Santana rumored to be going to NYC, based upon her comment? Naya Rivera has a great voice.
- Naya is supposed to be going to NY. They are telegraphing that Blaine will be there next year as well
- Ryan should just make that second series as he hinted about. This cross-cuting is just too much and yet not enough.
- With American Horror Story and The New Normal does Murphy even have the time and desire to deal with a third Glee themed show (Glee and the Glee Project being the first two)? Or would he allow someone else to do it for him?
- Murphy is known for initiating shows with great promise and then handing them off to let them die a slow painful death. Popular and Nip/Tuck are just two examples. I've often wondered how different Glee! would be if Joss Whedon had gotten first crack at it.
Murphy's also horrible at writing women characters with any substance, depth or follow-through. . . and when he does the characters are always twisted and demented somehow.
- I want a Sam/Blaine romance!
- R198 the New Normal may not get a second season with the ratings it has had lately. That'll free up time for Murphy to do what he wanted, which was to have a spin off Glee show with everyone in New York.
It wouldn't surprise me to learn Murphy has ADD as he seems to flit from project to project while seeming to get bored with it.
Re Glee, someone please explain to me how taking steroids would have made the Warblers win. I know it's sometimes prescribed for inflammation but wouldn't steroids alter someone's voice in unexpected ways?
- The Warblers had a kick-ass choreography, dance moves, and cheerleading stunts and they were all possible thanks to the team's steroid use.
- Darren just killed that Freddie Mercury number. Shame he looked like Daryl Dragon (who could have been Toni Tennille?).
Best number in awhile. Almost erased that laughable 'i'm a diva' with Tina trying to be noticed with her runway strut. Poor bitch has no stage presence.
LOVED Naya's Nutbush City Limits (not)
- He's not Freddie but did an amazing job.
- Tina's sex appeal put blaine to sleep. give it up, garl!
- Kurt for the win, IMO
- Ryan is so bored with Lima. His heart's in NYC.
- 'Bring him home' was awesome!!! I wish they'd do more show tunes like Season 1. Glad Kurt won, especially since lea was in the show. That was a moving rendition.
- Tina doing Hung Up? Unbelievably bad. Can't she text someone on the way to a wedding. I'd rather watch grannie madonna.
- The world will only be back in balanace when Ryan Murphy becomes bankrupt.
Glee, New Normal and most of Nip/Tuck have done nothing but make all gay people on tv look nothing more than self righteous, annoying, selfish, whiny, self-indulgent, loser- victims.
Is visibility at all cost such a good thing?
Where is our gay Cosby?
It sure isn't found on any of his shows.
Not a Ryan Murphy fan
- Sorry, I have not been paying attention.
Where did Matthew Morrison go? Is he coming back or gone for good?
- R211 he'll be back for his wedding episode.
Well assuming Finn doesn't take his fiancée
- And just like that Santana's in New York
- Best episode in a long time.
- I enjoyed this ep, though as with always with Glee there are obvious consistency errors. To set up the silly Tina/Blaine relationship they had to completely ignore the fact that Sam/Blaine have been built as close friends all damn season, including last episode.
And yeah they removed Matthew Morrison(sent Will to DC) for a while to give Finn's character something to do. I mean they were basically only using Matt to stand around anyway, and he still collects the same paycheck and has way more freetime.
One thing I did notice is this episode had basically no focus on the newbies.
- I assure you Matt's free time is all taken up.
- [quote] Glee, New Normal and most of Nip/Tuck have done nothing but make all gay people on tv look nothing more than self righteous, annoying, selfish, whiny, self-indulgent, loser- victims.
I just don't see that at all. Kurt & Blaine are not losers, nor victims. As for the other characteristics like whiny, selfish, annoying & self righteous--that describes every character in Glee including all of the straight ones--think RAchel who's always a selfish, annoying, whiny bitch. Think new bulimic girl--no one is whinier than her. Annoying--think stupid Britney.
You're so busy worrying about the gay image being projected that you can't see the show for what it is; an equal opportunity portrayal of all characters behaving badly. It would make the gay people stand out in a bad way if Ryan Murphy made them the exceptional 'good' people on the show.
- Probably the most realistic thing about Glee is that every character is a shitty person at some point. However that's mostly due to the poor writing.
- Blaine was OK on Don't Stop me Now but nothing can beat Freddie's version.
Quinn is supposed to go gay with Santana next week.
- Darren vocally is definitely no Freddie Mercury, as is usually the case with his songs his performance helped a lot, dude knows how to perform which is why Glee gives him so many songs.
Emma becomes a runaway bride.
- r220, Quinn said before she wasn't really into that.
I wanted some Santana/Brittany love. Damn Sam sucks the life out of the show.
I was thinking what happened that caused a suckfest in season 2 for a bit, then it picked up in season 3 then started to suck again mid-season.
Sam. Period, he sucks.
- I liked Darren's hair during the "Diva" song. It was wild and sexy!
- GAWD, who didn't cry during Kurt's "Bring Him Home"? I seriously was balling like a baby.
- I was balling at that time too, R225. But it wasn't from my eyes. And I wasn't watching Glee.
- Blaine in that "Diva" number looked like a reject Frank N. Furter from a high school production of Rocky Horror. Too bad he wasn't around the season they did their Rocky Horror tribute.
And is it me, or when Unique is in drag does she not look and sound exactly like Mercedes (Amber Riley)? No wonder Mercedes is the only alumni who has not had a "Return to Lima" storyline....
- Give me more Darren
- R224 Me, too, but what happened to his body hair? He used to be fairly furry, but in last week's calendar shots and in this week's Vapo-Rub scene, he's a smooth twink.
- Blaine was around during the Rocky Horror episode. I believe it was the episode before Kurt went to Dalton.
- Things that I learned from this episode:
-Santana is still a fierce bitch. I love her.
-Tina is completely bonkers now and her storyline with Blaine will end with her wearing his skin.
-The teacher/student thing doesn't even seem weird because the guy playing Finn looks older than Emma
- [quote]Tina is completely bonkers now and her storyline with Blaine will end with her wearing his skin.
PLEASE let this be a real storyline!!!!!! America needs to see a flayed and skinned Darren Criss production number. They need to go that buttfuck crazy if they ever want to be interesting or artistically relevant again.
- I loved Sue's comments to Santana -- "Don't any of you have jobs? You have to have some source of income so you can pay the staff of scientists who serve as your teleporters that you all clearly own since you're constantly showing up here." I wish that was more of a recurring thing, having Sue as the voice of reason which addresses all of Glee's inconsistencies, etc to the viewers, rather than the hatred of the glee club one week/supporting them the next see-saw.
- Santana: Please don't tell my mother.
Sue: I can't. I don't speak Spanish.
- I used to be an enthusiastic Gleek, but now I only tune in to catch glimpses of the adorable Dean Geyer and Jacob Artist. Otherwise it makes me cringe.
- Fifty percent of the time, I think...
Yes, great choice of song!
And the other fifty percent...
Damn, who the hell chose that song to sing?!
This season is kinda a crap shoot with the musical choices.
- This was the first episode I recall that I didn't know ANY of the music performed, including the song from Les Miz, which I saw on Bway some years ago.
- Is this auditioning for Funny Girl storyline some kind of inside joke?
- r233, that's why I loved the scene with the piano guy being glad to be relieved from his duties for the rest of season when the group lost sectionals.
Red is so not Blaine's color. I wonder if Darren feels being tossed aside on the set and on the show for some new hot guy (my guess: Jacob Artist).
[quote]This was the first episode I recall that I didn't know ANY of the music performed,
Not even Madonna's Hung Up?
- Darren has a solo every episode and will be in New York storyline next year - I doubt he feels tossed aside even the Jacob is superhot
- Kurt's "Bring Him Home" was awful. I can't believe anyone would have voted for him and I'm not even a huge Rachel fan.
Tina was guilty of second degree sexual assault. But I guess that's okay because it was a girl doing it to a boy, instead of the other way around.
I love the idea of Sue being the voice of reason as opposed to scheming to destroy the glee club and, oh yeah, throwing a character down stairs, causing him to lapse into a coma.
- I'm glad Tina stopped with only rubbing the VapoRub on Blaine's chest, even though the leading up to it was very creepy. Can you imagine the uproar if the sexes were reversed?
- Rachel has been at the NY acting school for more than a semester, but Kurt just a few weeks.
It's ridiculous that they would be so well known at the school. If they are the two most talented people there, it doesn't say much more the admission process...but it does not make much difference because the school does not exist.
- They were both at the showcase things that they went out of their way to explain is a huge deal. That would be why they're well known now.
- What happened to Cassandra July? And will SJP ever turn up again? I loved her.
- [quote]Kurt's "Bring Him Home" was awful.
Thank you Marlee Matlin.
- Catching up with the DVR'd episodes.
Loved the line that Artie says about not everybody looking like they are on the CW.
- Deadline Hollywood gives "Glee" some credit for Grammy wins....
- [quote]And will SJP ever turn up again?
She's busy throwing a kiki.
- [quote]She's busy throwing a kiki.
And thanks to "Glee" the Scissor Sisters - Let's Have A Kiki video doubled it's hits, although SJP's has more.
- Quinn and Santana (among other couples) are rumored to "go all the way" tonight.
Glee fandom is lighting up the message boards both in praise and rage over the event and all the spoilers surrounding it.
Meanwhile, RIB and Fox are laughing all the way to the bank on this little ratings stunt.
- I wish they hadn't gone out of their way to make Tina seem all pervy during the vapo-rub scene. When she cried it was actually a little heart breaking, but the straddling really dampened the effect.
- Oh wow--this is still on.
- Tina is so gonna be sent into a mental facility. Maybe even kidnaps Criss' and Sam's adopted baby which turns out to be a plastic doll after all.
- ooops, Blaine's and Sam's baby.
- I loved Claudia!
- Kurt and Blaine kissed. On the lips.
- Excellent mash-up of 'I'm not getting married today'.
- Who DIDN'T get laid on the Valentine's special?
the guy with the long braids
the bitchy Quinn wannabe
the girl with the big nose who can't sing
And why is Rachel taking a pregnancy test? This show is going to go "All My Children" real quick!
- Fangurls head are gonna explode over Santana and Quinn.
- [quote]Fangurls head are gonna explode over Santana and Quinn.
OMG, what happened??
- mercedes has had crac all to do this year compared to the others....
what was the cut away of brodie about?
- Told you bitches.
- I want to know where these kids are getting all this money to fly all over the country and then book rooms at the Lima Hilton. Don't you need a credit card to book a hotel room?
- R262, it looked like he was acting as a male prostitute.
- [quote]mercedes has had crac all to do this year compared to the others
The only use Ryan Murphy has for fat girls is as the fag hag or the gym teacher.
- It sure did, R265. But, I assume there will be a more innocent explanation.
- [quote][R262], it looked like he was acting as a male prostitute.
For men or women?
- Unknown just yet, R268.
We hope it's men.
Since Kurt left Vogue.com to go to NYADA, SJP is off the show.
(on a side note, the Scissor Sisters' choreographer is suing GLEE for using his "kiki" choreography without permission or royalty - this will be an ugly lawsuit)
How big is this Brooklyn apartment that it originally could only hold Rachel and Kurt, but now also holds Brody and Santana?
We heard about but didn't see at the wedding Emma's parents, Ralph Malph and that chick from NORTHERN EXPOSURE, and WEHT Will's parents, Debra Monk and Victor Garber?
And why didn't Tina just hook up with Mike Chang - he was at the wedding too wasn't he?
- R269 I didn't see Mike Chang at the wedding. And come to think of it, I didn't see Mercedes at the reception. And were Sugar, Unique, Dreads, and Kitty at either the wedding OR the reception?
- Where was Figgins?!?!?!?
- Mike was in two VERY brief midshots at the reception. If you blinked, you missed him.
- There were some good lines and we now know Puck is dating the sophomore Kitty.
"That is just wicked blasphemous, now come on, I need my arm-gays." Mercedes to Kurt and Blaine about to have sex in the church parking lot.
"You VAPO RAPED my boyfriend!" - Kurt to Tina.
- Why is Tina being played as a loser who has never had a date, when she had a serious relationship with Mike.
- [quote]Why is Tina being played as a loser who has never had a date, when she had a serious relationship with Mike.
The whole point is that the kids in Glee were losers.
- Because this show shitcans continuity for any new idea. Who here thought Kurt was a top or that Blaine would turn into a girl?
- They have never hinted (and probably never will) about the specifics of Kurt and Blaine's sex life.
This episode was entertaining. That is what I always want from Glee. Even Emma running out was amusing and not melodramatic. The hook ups were fun, Kurt/Blaine were actually allowed to act like sexual beings and not cute platonic partners for the first time and I found the Quinn and Santana thing amusing. And Brody being an escort? Why the hell not, he is attractive as hell and would have to pay the pricey NYADA tuition. Though I am sure they will continue the myth that there is really a market for sex workers that cater to women. Honestly that barely exists, both male and female escorts is a business that is 99% catered to men.
- What exactly is Brody's talent? We know he can dance, or at least partner a dancer. He must act because he hasn't sung yet (weird for a show where EVERYONE, including the manly female football coach, has sung. Well, the principal hasn't I guess. I don't object to looking at him, but is he at NYADA for acting?
- Did I miss something? Why are you thinking that Brody is a male prostitute? All I saw was him getting ready and going out. What happened that I either didn't see or didn't understand?
- No, we saw him leaving what looked like a posh hotel room counting a wad of cash.
- Far more likely that Brody is dealing drugs.
- Oh, I guess I wasn't watching closely. I saw him leaving someplace and counting cash but I didn't make the connection. Thanks.
- Actually, Brody did sing with Rachel at that bar in NY- which is when Finn was visiting and suspected something was going on between them. But since then, they've pretty much only used him as eye candy.
And I kind of miss the secure Blaine that was a Warbler. He had it so together, I never dreamed he was younger than Kurt. Now, Blaine seems love sick and insecure most of the time. He needs to get his mojo back.
- No, the implication was that Brody and Rachel chose NOT to have sex upon her return because they had both just had sex.
- [quote]And I kind of miss the secure Blaine that was a Warbler.
True! Remember how confident he was in his sexuality?
- Rachel told Brody she has "plane tummy" or something like that which was the reason she didn't want to have sex. What was she referring to? Bloating? Does that happen to women after a flight?
- It's nice that Rachel and Brody now have a "mature, adult relationship" after she completely lost her shit when he was 10 minutes late for dinner just two weeks ago!
- So is Rachel pregnant by a no-good male prostitute/drug dealer and Finn's going to take her back anyway and they'll raise the kid like it's theirs? And I find it kind of a bad editing job when the episode makes it look like that she just realized thanks to her calendar schedule that she is overdue and conveniently has a pregnancy test at home.
Why was Blaine's outfit so different (color scheme wise) than the others in the final number?
Really like the guest appearance of one of the finalists of the Glee Project (guess the winner is there to stay? His promised seven episode commitment has passed quite a while ago).
- Perhaps we have guess something was wrong when Brody so casually walked naked to the breakfast table in full view of Kurt a few shows ago.
- A good episode for season 4, but since most the episodes this season have been crap, that is not saying much..just some episode plot holes...
1:) I guess unique, bieste,kitty, the dreadlock guy, sugar, and even puck weren't invited to the wedding
2) mike was invited, but he was just a cameo
3) since mike was technically there, why didn't Tina get some from him
4) when did Blaine and especially Kurt become horny rabbits?
- So will was gone most of the semester, but he suddenly got his history class back?
Nether Emma or will have adult friends, except sue who is not much a friend?
All these kids were able to afford nice hotel rooms?
How did jake and Artie get a room anyway?
Don't you have to be 18?
It is the middle of the semester all these kids can
Just leave school to come to the wedding?
- Is Rachel so naive that she doesn't know about
Condoms or birth control?
Wait Kurt Is a top?
So the wedding is cancelled yet no feels guilty about going to the reception?
- For some weddings with lot of guests, doesn't the bride and groom's families sometimes rent suites or sometimes an entire floor where the reception is being held? I assumed this was the case with Will and Emma's wedding.
- Im a with pointing out glees inconsistencies, but it is a musical comedy R291, it never tried to go for superrealism.
- R290 I think Puck was there.
- There's no way Kurt has sex with anyone.
- What was the indication (to Rachel) that Brody just had sex? I just watched the show again, and still don't get that.
- Who the hell's asking for superrealism, R294? A nice dose of actions that would happen on planet earth would be nice once and a while.
- Obviously, like any show glee takes licenses in
Order to be entertaining, but what bothers me is that the characters completely change personality from episode to episode
- Previous to this episode Kurt was shown to be pretty reserved when it comes to intimacy and sex with Blaine..now he is having sex with Blaine in a car in broad daylight..
Quinn is suddenly a lesbian?
- It felt pretty strange to me that the kids and all of Mr. Schuester's guests were whooping it up at the hotel, after Emma ran out on the wedding. They didn't think it might have been more respectful and supportive to not party all night without him?
- [quote]And were Sugar, Unique, Dreads, and Kitty at either the wedding OR the reception?[/quote]
Will barely met most of these guys before he went off to Washington, so it doesn't really surprise me they wouldn't be there... but then, Jake and Marley and Ryder were all there.
I would just assume they were around but never on camera, like Beiste.
- That should read:
[quote]And were Sugar, Unique, Dreads, and Kitty at either the wedding OR the reception?
Will barely met most of these guys before he went off to Washington, so it doesn't really surprise me they wouldn't be there... but then, Jake and Marley and Ryder were all there.
I would just assume they were around but never on camera, like Beiste.
- Puck was at the wedding - he had a closeup doing one of the "Amens" at the end of the "Getting Married Today" number.
I thought Will was a SPANISH teacher. Certainly that's what he taught when he was married to Terri in the first season. Did that change after the Ricky Martin episode?
- [quote]I guess unique, bieste,kitty, the dreadlock guy, sugar, and even puck weren't invited to the wedding
What about April "Kristin Chenowith" Rhodes? She was supposed to be a high school buddy of Will. Why didn't she show up at the wedding?
I guess I'm a bit strange. When I was in high school, there were a few teachers that I really liked, but I never got involved in their personal lives. If they got married or had a baby, we would send a present, but attending a ceremony or visiting the hospital was considered crossing the line into their personal lives.
- Did the gays placate Tina with the promise of a makeover?! I thought the making out in the car was kinda hot.
I'm not sure I like wheelchair girl making an appearance. I thought she had the worst voice on the Glee Project, but hey, good for Artie. How did they have sex?
- Glee already has a very bloated cast, just how TV works that Will doesn't have a huge social circle, they barely have written him storylines since season 1. And they are going to book Chenowith or Bieste when they don't have room in the script to give them something to do.
- R304, he eventually became a history teacher. He apparently wanted that from the beginning but the only opening was for a Spanish teacher.
- What about that weird wedding when Burt and Finn's mom got married? It was ALL ABOUT KURT. They even gave up their honeymoon, so Kurt could go to Dalton Academy, which lasted all of 6 weeks.
- Wasn't Gwyneth's character a substitute teacher who somehow taught Spanish (rememer the Lindsay Lohan line?) as well?. Spanish seems to be Glee's version of the 'Defence Against the Dark Arts' course from the Harry Potter books. Kind of cursed.
- best train wreck on TV!
- Loved the Kurt-Blaine make out scene and the duet. Darren Criss really does know how to sell a performance.
First chemistry we've seen with these two in awhile.
- The fat lesbian fangurls have forced Ryan Murphy's hand into ruining this show. This shit isn't even about glee club/being an underdog anymore. It's only about Klaine, Quinntana, Finnchel, Britanna and all that bullshit. I want my show back.
- Tina Cohen Chang winning the diva competition?
Lo, another shark has been jumped.
- However, any reason to have Naya on regularly is AOK.
- It would have been funnier if Mercedes had said "I need my Marvin Gayes."
I think Rachel's bf is screwing older women for money. Wouldn't him fucking Kate Hudson's character all too easily have been a hint? Plus his shirt was unbuttoned when he left the room.
- That entire color scheme was a nightmare. Just horrible
Ugliest pink and red dresses ever!
Except Santana, bitch looked fierce.
Cannot believe they are going there with Rachel. So, what, she has the baby and ruins her life and her dreams or she has an abortion and tortures herself for it for the rest of her life?
- Damn good episode so far. The black and white number with Will and Emma was perfection. 'Shout' had more energy than anything lately.
Fat pregnant Rachel is whining and bitching. And 'Moulin Rouge'!
Now all we need is Artie to roll over a cliff into a sinkhole and we'll have a total winner.
- Good episode
- Sugar had the best line of the episode: "Let's do The Artist, so that we don't have to sing."
- Loved "Shout" and all the mash ups tonight. Great episode! I actually cried with "Come What May" and "Diamonds are a girl's best friend".
- I did not like Puck's brother at first, because I thought he was a hoodlum, but I've had a change of heart. Because, he's proven to be a talented singer lately.
- Next week is NSYNC! I'm seriously going to cry!!
- The worst written character is Emma Pillsbury. Mental health activists should protest them for what they've done with her.
- The Santana character appeared very dykey in this epi.
- Blaine on his knees (as he should be)
- and ass up
- R317, they'll probably do what every daytime soap fan has seen thousands of times, have Rachel miscarry her baby. That way, we don't have Rachel saddled with a kid, and they will avoid upsetting certain christian fans by having her abort a baby she clearly doesn't want. In other words, a complete cop-out.
- How are the ratings for this shitty show these days?
- Kinda wish they hadn't made it a "dream", but Criss sells it. Colfer... not so much. He's shown in the past that he can sing in a lower register (I know, he's singing Satine's part, but...), so why didn't he here? It's jarring when he comes in and wouldn't have been if he hadn't been so up there.
Regardless, I still teared up...
- It's the top-rated scripted show on the network and the president said pretty recently that he plans to renew it for "the fifth season and beyond" so it isn't going anywhere, obviously.
GLEE is still one of the Top 5 DVRed shows, too, every week it airs.
Suck it, haters.
- Santana's antics made me laugh
- Really good episode. LOVED "Come What May" - the producers are doing a damn good job of making me fall in love with Darren Criss. The opening Will-Emma number was great and I really liked the "Danger Zone/Old Time Rock and Roll" mashup. "Diamonds/Material Girl" seemed lazy in comparison since it was the same arrangement as in MOULIN ROUGE but they did it well. I even liked "Unchained Melody" and "In Your Eyes" and I usually hate those songs.
- Anybody thinking they want the NYC Glee cast to be another version of Friends?
- If this show wants to be edgy again, Marnie needs to resolve her dilemma with young Puckerman and Blake with a 3-way.
- So Brody is SUPPOSEDLY a drug dealer. I'll wait for his explanation as opposed to Santana who tearing the large apartment apart just because she has nothing else to do.
- Marley is so boring they need to let her succumb to her bulimia and have Jake and Ryder get together.
- Santana digging through the trash was gross. When did this character become a psycho?
I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying the most recent Glee Project winner.
- A little bit of Santana goes a long way. No one would put up with someone who was so unrelentingly negative and cutting as she is, even if she did offer a shoulder to cry on.
Either have Brody on or don't. It's ridiculous to say "he's in the shower" when we know he won't be appearing in the episode because the producers didn't want to pay him to show up.
Once again, Finn proves how mentally defective he is. He confesses the kiss to Will as if it actually meant something to anyone or as if he was some kind of credible rival for Emma's affections. That Will and the show seem to be taking the whole thing seriously is ridiculous.
I now know that "Diamonds/Material Girl" was taken from "Moulin Rouge," but is it really a mash-up if you only use one line from MG?
- The Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend and Material Girl mashup was lame. All the other songs and performances were great though.
- Thank you Ryan Murphy. Only you have the balls to have two guys singing a gorgeous love to each other. Even "SMASH" which takes place in the world of Broadway is strikingly devoid of gays. Thanks and it's not taken for granted.
[quote] Kinda wish they hadn't made it a "dream", but Criss sells it. Colfer... not so much. He's shown in the past that he can sing in a lower register (I know, he's singing Satine's part, but...), so why didn't he here? It's jarring when he comes in and wouldn't have been if he hadn't been so up there.
He didn't because he's not the director, or musical producer and he sang it as he was told to. He has a unique voice that has sold a few million song downloads. They wanted a blend of both voices. If he lowered his voice it would be no different than Criss's and no harmony.
- This episode would have been so much better if Ryder and Jake had sung Unchained Melody to each other.
- [quote]Thank you Ryan Murphy. Only you have the balls to have two guys singing a gorgeous love to each other.
Yeah, that Glee does this type of thing shouldn't be taken for granted. That was an unabashingly romantic and loving duet between two guys. Props to them.
I loved the guys mash up, the songs went well together and they rocked the outfits. Also damn, little Puckerman has some sexy ass legs. The girls mash up didn't come close.
All the performances were pretty good though, though unchained melody didn't really work for me as I don't give a shit about the newbie love triangle.
- [quote]Yeah, that Glee does this type of thing shouldn't be taken for granted. That was an unabashingly romantic and loving duet between two guys. Props to them.
And the make-out scene in the car a couple of weeks ago.
And virtually every heart-felt scene with Kurt's dad defending him and supporting him.
THESE things make the show worth watching...
And it doesn't hurt that I absolutely love the song "Come What May".
- [quote]as I don't give a shit about the newbie love triangle.
It should be an actual threesome where they make out with each other like the two guys and the girl from The Following. That would be hot.
- Even on far less gay message boards, people are questioning the Brody is a drug dealer, not an escort Santana conclusion. Does not mean Sanatana is wrong...it's TV, not real life...but still interesting.
- I do wonder if Brody hooking up with Kate Hudson's character is part of the revelation about Brody's secret? Both him being a drug dealer or hustler wouldn't look good for a teacher who is involved with Brody outside school. But who am I kidding? It's probably already forgotten like it never happened.
Santana is always quick to disparage male beauty. She was the one who gave Sam the trout mouth nickname, wasn't she?
- Yes, anonymous.
- Where is Kate Hudson's character?
Will we ever see a Sam/Blaine romance??
- Santana's rummaging through all the drawers in the apartment was hilarious.
- [quote]Santana's rummaging through all the drawers in the apartment was hilarious.
And you know your roommate did the exact same thing while you were at work.
- [quote]And you know your roommate did the exact same thing while you were at work.
My roommate would never do that.
- I sniffed my hot blond roomate's underwear while he was in the shower.
- Can you love Darren Criss any more? Great episode.
- What color is Overstreet's hair supposed to be?
- if Kurt gets a new bf Blaine should have a new beau too,
or at least some blond, blue-eyed meat.
Blaine should unleash his inner slut, imo.
- Blaine should unleash his hair. I am sick of that slicked down shit on his head. Do they think we won't understand who the character is if he changes his look once in a while?
- Did Rachel ever find out that Brody slept with Kate Hudson?
- Kurt should be getting more handsome as he ages. Instead he's getting more frighteningly ugly.
- yes, she found out, freaked out (despite them not being exclusive, apparently) to which Brody said something to the effect of 'Don't be that crazy girl.' but it's Rachel we're talking about. the girl is nothing but insufferably crazy.
something tells me she won't react well when she finds out he's an escort.
- Great mash up with Bitch is Back and Dress You Up.
Loving the Blaine vs Sue feud.
- So, now we're back to the old mean Sue who is actively going after the Gleesters individually and as a whole? BTW, have we ever seen Blaine's parents? I doubt any parent would let their kid be given that crap. And Becky's slapping Blaine on the ass was wrong. Can you imagine if the sexes were reversed?
- they should have shown brody with multiple partners, including men, since that's more likely than banging cougarish ladies for money.
nice closeups on blaine's ass, though. someone working on that show is as obsessed as we are, or else just knows what we want.
- Finn is mentally unhinged and oh so very creepy
- So that was the soon-to-be-ex Mrs. Bruce Jenner as Brody's cougar. Interesting.
- I really enjoy this show and love when it goes over the top but the Feud episode was too much. I was cringing with embarrassment for the performers, mostly Finn, Schu, Blaine, and Sue.
I still like the NYC storyline though and hope that Santana sticks around. I dread Finn becomes a teacher and remains a main character, though. Bad actor, bad singer, bad dancer. Ugh.
And that's what you missed on Glee!
- I liked the musical scene where Brody sings and dances with his female client in the elevator.
Finn is one mean fighter,
Very good show tonight!
- I thought last night was terrible.
Did they actually make a shaming joke about Blaine being a bottom? Seriously? I wonder how the closeted kids in Middle America took this.
I've come to hate the Unique character, and part of it is the actor. But they're also writing him/her as an unstable loon and a professional victim, which is not helpful.
Finn looks like he lost a good deal of weight. Which would be wonderful, except he now looks 35.
And try as they might, no one gives a shit about the new kids.
- R369 = Debby Downer
- R369 writes the truth.
Maybe Ryan Murphy has some issues he needs to work out. I have a feeling he's writing some kind of Catfish storyline with Ryder and it's Monique who's the one doing it. Didn't he originally make Kurt some kind of stalker? (I missed the first year) Plus I don't think he's insulted the Transgender community yet so they're due.
I thought the Finn losing his job & flying out to New York just to punch out Brody was really stupid but a lot of the kiddies are cheering this one.
They should have stuck with the drug selling storyline. Selling himself to older women just makes him seem sad. And if you're going in this direction then they should have shown him with men too cause that's more believable. I think women would more likely hire escorts that they can take to parties and places rather than just pay directly for sex like they showed.
- And of course the person who Cody or whatever his name is is chatting with online is NOT the young blonde girl we see. Who is it? Unique? Becky? A guy?
- In the promo for next week, it looks like Blaine finally tells Sam he has the hots for him - that should be fun.
- Is that Puck still on or did they get rid of him?
- They sent him to California. He makes appearances now to advise his brother about stuff.
- This episode was kinda a hot mess. Darren should stick to being adorable because he cant do believeably angry. I know they wanted the pants tight so they could do the ass shot which I am not complaining about but Im not sure the poor kid could breath in that top.
Naya being sexy cant save that mess of a Abdul song.
Also Finn calling Rachel his future wife was creepy ass hell.
The boyband mashup was fun to watch at least. Dreading the afterschool special resolution to Finn 2 0 online thing.
- [quote]Also Finn calling Rachel his future wife was creepy ass hell.
Why? Even twelve years old know that's how it's going to be. As it should.
- I meant Unique not Monique
- No one else caught Sue's "Mommie Dearest" line? Tina complains about Sue's Nicki Minaj number not being fair and Sue responds, "Ah, but nobody ever said life was fair, Tina." Love it! A shout out to the elderg@ys still watching.
- "Bitch stole my pillow."
- Thank you ladies, gays, inbetweeners, and life-long hag.
- "In the promo for next week, it looks like Blaine finally tells Sam he has the hots for him - that should be fun."
I thought in the promo Blaine asked Sam, if he had a crush on him? I thought that would be an intersting turn of events. I could see Sam ending up being bisexual.
- Maybe Britney convinces Sam to experiment?
- [quote]Also Finn calling Rachel his future wife was creepy ass hell.
I thought it was romantic. Finn is fighting for his woman.
I heard that Sam comes out as a bisexual. Remember the earlier shows when Curt thought Sam was gay?
- I also liked Sue's line about Tina finding another boyfriend - "Lance Bass... Or RuPaul."
- Unless Sam and Blaine already did it...
Did we ever see who the guy was that Blaine slept with when he cheated on Kurt? Wasn't the text message he received signed S.? But then it turned out it wasn't Sebastian, the most likely candidate at the time? I may have missed something, though.
Unlikely, given the friendship Sam and Blaine developed, which doesn't seem too awkward so far--but stranger things gave been written for TV.
- Add me to long list of people who wonder how Finn has the money to fly to New York just to confront Brody? The same could be said for so many of the characters who so easily fly between Lima and NY or in the opposite direction.
- I can see Santana, her dad's an MD. But how did Rachel's dads get money? Kurt's dad's tire shop certainly is not likely to be a cash cow. Finn and Sam we know are poor. So are the Puckermans.
So is Jesse. How can Finn be a teacher when he has had no schooling past high school?
- [quote]Add me to long list of people who wonder how Finn has the money to fly to New York just to confront Brody?
Obviously Santana called and paid. She has NY money her Mother gave instead of college. That's how she paid for the hotel room too.
- It's been an uneven season, but I quite enjoyed last night's episode, in part because Kurt had such a minor role. God, he annoys me.
Poor hot little Brody. I was sure Finn was going to fuck him in the hotel room.
And did I interpret the bottom joke correctly, that Blaine and Kurt occasionally mix it up, with Kurt on top? What?!?!
Loving the Catfish storyline with Ryder.
- [quote]And did I interpret the bottom joke correctly, that Blaine and Kurt occasionally mix it up, with Kurt on top? What?!?!
Because Kurt is more effemin@te he can't top? Those stereotypes are tired.
Apparently the original sign said "Blaine is a bottom" but FOX made them change it.
- [quote]It's been an uneven season, but I quite enjoyed last night's episode, in part because Kurt had such a minor role. God, he annoys me.
Poor hot little Brody. I was sure Finn was going to fuck him in the hotel room
Kurt annoys you Creampuff? Like looking in the mirror, isn't? You're Finn comment way gayer and more annoying than anything Kurt ever said.
- I disliked the show trying to show Ryder as a bad guy for not knowing how to address Wade/Unique. It was already shown that Ryder had no problems with Wade or when he presented as Unique and accepted it. But because Ryder used the term "dude", all of a sudden he's a bigot?
- "Obviously Santana called and paid. She has NY money her Mother gave instead of college. That's how she paid for the hotel room too."
There's nothing obvious about it. If true, Santana spend over $600 plus for no good reason. In real life someone who came to New York, lived in your apartmant, and tore the place appart looking for dirt on others would lose friendships quickly. Why was Santana so determined to show up Brody in the first place?
- Well Kurt's dad is a Congressman and that pays well and Finn might get money from that source.
- Anyway, if we did an "inconsistencies of Glee" thread we'd have 600 posts in about 45 minutes. Consistency is not their bag.
- It's obvious where Finn got the money to fly to NYC. He's been blowing customers behind Burt Hummel's garage for money.
- [quote]There's nothing obvious about it. If true, Santana spend over $600 plus for no good reason. In real life someone who came to New York, lived in your apartmant, and tore the place appart looking for dirt on others would lose friendships quickly. Why was Santana so determined to show up Brody in the first place?
Are you new to the show? Santana clearly stated that she was looking after Rachel because she considers her family. She has been a cold hearted bitch on the outside, that's her demeanor, but has shown to have a huge heart(her love for Brittany) since the pilot.
- R398: For the record, I have not watched every episode, but I am not new to the show. I am also aware that Glee is full of inconsistencies
but it was clear that Rachel and Kurt were uncomfortable with Santana as a roommate from the time she moved herself in.
Maybe it's the writing...Finn and Santana have no real lives since high school while Rachel and Kurt are attending an elite school. Santana's bullying may have worked in high school, but she seems ridulous now.
- Not watched yet...but I can't see Kurt topping anyone...he is too much girl.
- If Kurt's cock gets hard it's not too hard to imagine Blaine sitting on it. Voila!
- It is hard to imagine Kurt doing anything but squealing and rolling over on his belly the moment Blaine tried to sit on said cock.
- Sue made a comment later in the episode about Blaine being on the bottom of the pyramid. I assume the "Blaine is on bottom" banner was meant to be a bit of a double entendre. It certainly would be more clever that way, at least.
I also thought this episode made Unique look like an asshole. Ryder said he was confused because one day she was wearing women's clothes and the next day she was wearing men's. I think that's pretty understandable confusion and doesn't make Ryder a bigot. More importantly, I think the Unique character isn't doing anything to help the trans community. Unique isn't so much transgender as just a drag queen and it's a little ridiculous that this obvious "persona" is supposed to be her true self.
- Well I think they'd need a transgender writer to do justice to Unique, and I suspect they don't have one.
- R404 they have a tranny consultant who thus far has approved the dialogue and costume choices.
- [quote]I meant Unique not Monique
Well, it certainly wasn't ME!
OSCAR Winner Mo'Nique
- I hate Unique. Pretty much hate most of the new characters.
- Copacabana was cringeworthy - what a hideous low for Glee. surprisingly, Blaine's stripped down Phil Collins was quite good.
I love that Lord Tubbington is into scientology.
- And the hideous low is reset with Spice Girls featuring Unique as a 400 pound African-american Baby Spice.
- Loved Creep. That's one of my favourite songs.
- The Facts of Life references made this episode for me.
- Unique creeps me out.
- Loved the "Wake Me Up, Before you Go-Go" number! Darren looked hot with the earring and non-slicked hair.
- Best episode ever! OMG! I loved every single number. This is what Glee does best, just have fun. Wham!, Manilow, Collins, Bobby Brown, ABBA, Spice Girls, Radiohead. (Yes, one of those is not like the others...)
- Terrific episode, minor story development but the songs were great. Darren is phenomenal. But I don't know a straight guy who would react the way Sam did. Blaine's got it bad.
- Chord looked so, so, so fuckable tonight.
- I agree, r416.
- So, will Chord come out as a bisexual in the show? The rumors have been very strong.
- Agree R416
- First episode in ages that I've truly enjoyed. This should be the new formula: one part plot to twenty parts cheesy production numbers. Worked out well tonight. And how nice to see Darren Criss without all that fucking gel in his hair.
- As others have said, I had forgotten how cute Darren Criss is with his naturally curly hair. Loved him in the Wham number. I don't want to sound transphobic but I'm still confused about Unique. Is she supposed be transgendered or just a drag queen? Regardless, the sight of her dressed up as Baby Spice will keep me up at nights.
- The Darren Wham hair was amazing. It reminds me a lot of his pubic hair. I don't know why he doesn't insist that the hair gel go.
- Can we talk about Jacob Artist's slamming dancing on Perogative? Damn.
- Definitely agree, Artist can definitely dance his ass off.
Also agree that Chord looked hot this ep. I actually like that Glee went there, gay and straight guys can be good friends, I have several, but it is unrealistic to think a gay guy would never have those thoughtsif the guy is attractive.
Ive been lucky to have friends react similarly and be cool with knowing you are attracted to them, not all straight guys are dbags. In a way I hope Sam doesn't go bi, as hot as that would be, it kinda ruins the message.
But really a phil collins love song? Glee, why do you have to be so melodramatic.
- Darren Criss was just on "Kathy" on Bravo.
Kathy (swiftly) asked him when was the last time he had vaginal sex with a woman?
When I say swiftly, I mean she blurted it out from nowhere. It was awkward and the audience gasped.
- unique is an extremely annoying character to me..
- things i still dont understand..why do all the cheerios always wear their uniforms all the time? when i was in high school the cheerleaders only wore their uniforms on football game days.
-where did finn disappear to? He beat up Brody and then he goes into hiding?
-Where did Cassie disappear to? and Sarah Jessica Parker?
but the biggest thing i still don't understand is how when the glee team was disqualified, they are suddenly back in the competition..Even with the Warblers dq, the new directions wouldn't suddenly because qualified again!
- why do they always dress unique up like a drag queen?
- [quote]I don't know why he doesn't insist that the hair gel go.
Because Ryan Murphy is a Nazi.
[quote]why do all the cheerios always wear their uniforms all the time?
(Seriously, he has a uniform fetish. The Cheerios, the Warblers, etc.)
- I will be so pissed if the Chord/Darren hookup doesn't happen... literally the only reason I'm watching!
- So how did he respond, r425?
- It's clear that this show isn't written for an audience of high school kids. The songs are all old - from my generation.
Class of 84
- Agree about Darren Criss' hair. It was nice to have an episode that focused mostly on McKinley
High. For the moment, it was great to see the younger cast members shine.
- Darren's shorts weren't as short as George's shorts. Just sayin'.
- "Where was Finn?"
Who cares? Neither the actor nor the character is remotely interesting. Or talented in any capacity.
The only thing I'm curious about: who, exactly, was going to pay for the hotel room he trashed? I'm assuming Santana paid for the room and flew Finn in for the big confrontation, so exposing Brody as a hustler is getting to be an expensive proposition for her.
And did Finn just leave again without seeing Rachel? Glee's lack of continuity has always been ridiculous, but now it has reached extreme levels.
- Those really aren't continuity problems, R435. They are just lazy storytelling issues.
- You seriously think they would ever turn Chord gay? Silly willy! Not happening.
- Yeah, with his kind of easy going attitude they won't turn Sam gay. Only homophobes and bullies turn out to be repressed homosexuals.
- "And did Finn just leave again without seeing Rachel?"
An occasional lapse is fine. But, Finn was not in this week's episode in either Ohio or New York. What happens when this year's group of seniors graduate? Just my opinion, but the New York scenes are less and less interesting each week.
- R431, he kinda joked around and said "yesterday", then deflected some more by saying he and Lily Tomlin had just had an affair.
It seemed as if Kathy was itchin'to ask the question by the way she just blurted it right out of the blue.
I know he says he's straight playing gay, even thought I haven't seen the words come out of his mouth. BUT, if you watched the show for the whole hour, he does come across as GAY. When Kathy asked the question, they cut to the actor from Modern FAmily who had a big smirk on his face.
- Darren has always come across as a little gay, personally I believe he is (at least primarily) straight. I know people who were involved in theater at Mich at the same time he was and at least they had no reason to think he wasn't straight for what it is worth.
- I thought Kurt was still dating that Adam guy? So why was his plotline for the episode about his boyfriend pillow?
The New York storyline is disappointing. It's purely a device to keep Lea, Chris and Naya on the show... there is no interest in actually telling stories about their experiences moving to the big city and pursuing their dreams. They just sit around talking about their relationships.
- Kurt mentioned Adam so they are apparently still dating...just it is happening completely off screen. Spoilers indicate the actor hasn't even filmed another episode yet.
And yes, the NY side of the plot has been very shortchanged this year. The format they have done this year really isn't sustainable.
- Darren has also talked about growing up in the San Fran theater scene on multiple occasions, I guess to emphasize that he's grown up around gay people (and I recall him saying something about it being an "honor" to portray one half of a gay couple or to be a symbol for gay youth or something treacly like that. I like him, but it did make me roll my eyes just a little, the way he phrased it.)
Still, he strikes me as the type of person who believes in sexual fluidity, even if he identifies as straight publicly. Like if he's drunk or high enough, or else is just really into a guy, he'd probably try something. And then of course there's the casting couch rumors. . .
- Darren is ambitious like any other actor. Right now he is still stuck with Glee and acts all humble and shows gratitude to the show that gave him his big break, but yeah, he most certainly is doing all the proper networking so Glee won't be the only thing he's known for.
- The show just put out a casting call for Santana at 5, Rachel at 5 and Kurt at 3. Didn't they do a flashback to them at that age once?
- Muppet Babies. Dear God.
- Glee should be more like Game of Thrones, with nudity and beheadings.
- To be fair to DC about the Kathy interview - Kathy led the vagina question with - "You play a hot gay guy,and you're a hot straight guy, you must be getting tons of pussy. When was the last time you had vaginal sex?" I think her implication was he's a pussy hound getting it all the time and probably had some groupie in his dressing room. He deflected and said - "Umm, yesterday" and then cuddled up to Lily Tomlinson and says, "but a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell" or something like that.
He was looking quite fuckable and when they put his name on the screen it said "Darren Criss - Gleek God".
Later he said "shit" which got bleeped but later dropped an F-bomb that did not and the next time they showed his picture and name, it said - "Darren Criss - Curses Like a Sailor".
He has worked on some charity events with JTF and they are friends so there was some playful banter with JTF. He seemed a bit in awe of Lily Tomlin. I think if DC was gay, Kathy would've called him out on it.
- R449 yea she calls them all out...what utter bullshit.
he is gay.
- [quote]Glee should be more like Game of Thrones, with nudity and beheadings.
Yes, yes and yes! Can I choose who gets naked and who gets his/her head chopped off? Cuz I have some very strong opinions on the subject.
- That Adam guy is really cute. Love his British accent.
I am kind of tired of Kurt and Blaine together. They should each have their own boyfriends.
- No, R449, she did not lead with "you must be getting a lot of pussy." She said that after the audience gasped at the question and she wanted to deflect her previous question of basically asking him if he was gay by pretending she wasn't asking him if he was gay.
- What's with the gang all squeeing about their childhood love for the Spice Girls as if they grew up with them? The timeline seems way off to me as this year's seniors would have been born in 95, and the Spice Girls were pretty much done by 98.
- [quote] He seemed a bit in awe of Lily Tomlin. I think if DC was gay, Kathy would've called him out on it.
These two sentences contradict one another.
- You're forgetting, R454, Tina's obsession with Vicki the robot. It is, given her age and the fact that it is not rerun ANYWHERE, extremely unlikely that she would have even heard of it. Next week she'll probably dress up as Ann Jillian and beg for a job at Breadsticks.
- I didn't think the Spice Girls thing was weird, but the Small Wonder thing was really off. Small Wonder does get mentioned everyone once in awhile in magazine or online lists of the worst TV shows. I'm surprised Glee has never done a Cop Rock reference.
- There is a sex tape featuring a talented young Glee star.
The name of the star, and the nature of "activities" in the tape cannot be released while the show is still popular/ on the air.
- I call bullshit. "Young" suggests it isn't Jane Lynch. And "talented" suggests it isn't anyone else.
- I'd only be interested in the sex tape if it were one of the guys, but I bet it's one of the gals.
Jayma Mays, you slut.
- [quote]You're forgetting, [R454], Tina's obsession with Vicki the robot. It is, given her age and the fact that it is not rerun ANYWHERE, extremely unlikely that she would have even heard of it.
Psssst they've had VCR's for thirty years now and there is a possibly she taped the show when she was younger. Just sayin'.
- This is first-hand information, a Data Lounge exclusive
- What you are saying doesn't quite make sense to me R458/R462 if there was a party that had this sextape and wanted to release it they would do it while Glee was popular.
What party would have it and want to release but would chose not to do it while the show was running unless it was one of the actors themselves.
- R463, I didn't say that it would be best released (if at all) when the show is off the air, I meant to say that this tape could potentially be damaging to the show, and may have a huge (and negative) impact to those involved.
- Yes, R461, considering her character is supposed to be 17-18 years old, I suppose it's possible she somehow taped a show that ended 7 years before she was born and wasn't really rerun anywhere after that. Those Asians truly are amazing!
- Presumably then this alleged tape would have to be either lea michele or cory monteith having gay sex yes? They're the only ones that a gay sex tape could have a negative impact I would have thought. No one would be shocked at that Santana and a sex tape gay or otherwise. And thd Finn and Rachel pairing is the main theme of the show. I'd probably plump for Cory Monteith if I had to make a guess. But haven't I read on DL that there are pics of him in a MMF threesome anyway?
- [quote] I don't want to sound transphobic but I'm still confused about Unique. Is she supposed be transgendered or just a drag queen?
Ryder asked the same question in a previous episode and was called an insensitive douchebag!
- Unique has said she identifies as a woman (or at least she said last season that the difference between her and Kurt was that Kurt identifies as a man). She has also referred to herself as a strong black woman and uses the girl's bathroom. That sounds like she considers herself transgendered.
The confusion is only because her parents want her to wear boy clothes around the school for fear of being bullied so sometimes she turns up in the show still dressed as a boy. In the choir room and in performances she can supposedly be herself. Also the name 'Unique' sounds a bit like a drag name but I expect the show chose that before they figured out there was a difference.
- That is my problem R468, the stage name and over the top persona come off more like a drag performer than a real transgender person but I do agree the show has made it clear that she truly identifies as a women.
- A very special episode!
- I really thought they were setting up sweet Rider as the school shooter, which would have been very daring/disturbing. But no. It turned out very Glee-esque.
- Yeah, that was actually on a way to being an interesting episode until they named the shooter. My eyes nearly rolled out of their sockets. Up to then, it was moving. (Though what the hell was all that asteroid stuff about?)
- On to more interesting Glee subplots. Who's been Catfishing Rider? I'm guessing Unique.
- Hopefully, tonight's episode means that Jane Lynch is free from this show!
- I'm going to Broadway, bitches! Have fun at sectionals.
- Of course she was taking the fall for someone like Becky that she thinks did it. Duh.
- Tina and Bieste were ridiculous. That's not how the lovelorn really behave. Rider was being catfished by the cafeteria lady, right?
- Schue is really going to tell them to twitter and text instead of calling 911?
The Lord Tubbington shit is the height of idiocy and Britney is a waste of space.
When the crisis was over, why would Rider not have stood over by the backpacks in the room and called again to see which had the phone in it? Problem solved.
Showing Marley's mother alone in the kitchen cowering was really weird.
What is Emma doing elsewhere to keep her from doing this show? And why does the world see what an asshole Schue is but not Coach Bieste?
Please tell me Artie and Kitty are not being set up to fall in love. Would. Never. Happen.
On the positive side, there was no lumbering, talentless Finn.
- The idea of the show doing an episode about school shootings was interesting but the actual presentation, especially the rationale behind it was bad. Becky borrows her father's school and brings it to school? Why? Was she going to have one last talk with Coach Sylvester before offing herself? And then Sue taking the blame? I also agree about the catfishing plot -- it's apparently someone in the glee room but Rider or no one else thinks to check after he calls the number? Too many flaws in the show and not due to any suspension of belief, just bad writing.
- 'Glee' review: "Shooting Star" gives us a bang, then a whimper
- An entire FLEET of sharks just got jumped, and I ain't talkin' West Side Story.
How utterly crass to exploit an important topical issue and reduce it to this... idiocy.
Plus, there wasn't enough Blaine.
- "On the positive side, there was no lumbering, talentless Finn."
They had to pull him from this ep, because he would have killed the suspense by single handedly taking out the gunman with his heroic chair kicking ablities."
- 4 more eps and that's it for this season.
Next season is def. the last, too...
- I was actually sort of moved by the image of Brittany standing on a toilet and crying during the shooting.
- All good covers this episode, which otherwise sucked.
- I thought the scenes in the choir room and Britney in the bathroom during the shooting were well done. It was an odd choice to fit the catfish story into that scene, when most of the kids were ordered by Schue to be on their phones. Did we see everyone in the room on the phone? I know it is a way to save money, but to ignore that Sugar and Sam don't exist when not in the room is odd. I like the NY portions, but the show has to choose a setting so it can afford a cast to fill that setting.
- hmm, not sure what i think of this episode..I will give it credit, it did keep me hooked during the shooting part. But then it ended really weird..I still don't get Becky's motivation..I understand she was scared about the future, but was she going to kill herself in front of Sue? Was she going to kill Britney for graduating ? Was she going to go on a rampage? If she was suicidal it is odd that she would come to school to kill herself. Why didn't she do it at home? and by confessing to the crime and leaving isn't Sue worried that Becky will plunge into greater despair, now that her mentor and protecter is gone?
It actually would of made more sense if Ryder was the shooter..He felt bullied by being cat fished..
and speaking of that..Was anyone else really annoyed that he still didn't find out who was doing all this to him? i have a sneaky feeling it is going to be Unique, though...
- hey yeah where was Sugar? Was she absent from school that day? Nobody seemed all that worried about her..
It was odd they couldn't fit her in the plot, but they showed the lunch lady
and if they had the lunch lady in a couple scenes couldn't they have a scene where Marley and her mom hug after everything was settled?
and it was a bit odd that in the middle of this crisis situation, Ryder was all concerned about this person who may or may not be real..
- I think the only people we saw actually on their phones during the shooting were Marley, Kitty, and Artie, so that means it could be a lot of people. And frankly, there's no law that says you can only have one cellphone. They could have their normal phone, and then be using a prepaid to talk to Ryder anonymously. However, that doesn't matter because, like most of you, I think it's Unique too. I think it would be funny if it was Sugar or Joe though, since they haven't been on the show for the past few months with no explanation, but I'm sure they'll pop up dutifully when they go to regionals so they can have their twelve warm bodies to compete.
As far as Becky's motivation, I think it was supposed to be for "protection." I'm a little fuzzy on that too, though. Frankly this episode would have been fantastic if they wouldn't have pulled the Becky cop-out at the end which was lazy and nonsensical.
I'm starting to like Ryder a lot. He's by far the best newbie.
- speaking of missing characters. Did Emma ever return to school? or is she on leave or something? It seems odd as the school councilor that she wouldn't have played a larger role when the school had this horrific event happen.
- Blake did get a chance to show his acting chops, for which he was praised during the Glee Project.
- oh wait Joe was missing too. but like sugar nobody seemed to worried about him.
I couldn't understand the plot point of having Tina outside.
so with Sue gone, does that mean the plot of Blaine taking down the Cheerios that they played so heavily on the last episode is going to go nowhere? Probably the glee writers hope the audience forgot this little detail
- I think it's clearly Unique doing the catfishing. Especially after that little Ryder/Unique storyline.
- I am sure it is going to turn out to be Unique. Even though if it is this is a pretty dumb plot point. Ryder is not gay and they have already done two storylines of relationships that can never happen, i.e. Blaine and Same and Tina and Blaine.
- Cannot stand Unique.
- [quote]Schue is really going to tell them to twitter and text instead of calling 911?
Calling 911 involves talking and making noise.
[quote]When the crisis was over, why would Rider not have stood over by the backpacks in the room and called again to see which had the phone in it? Problem solved.
Maybe being relived he wasn't shot to death distracted him a wee bit.
[quote]]Showing Marley's mother alone in the kitchen cowering was really weird.
Why? She was in the school hiding like everyone else, and she and her daughter were worried about each other.
- [quote]..I still don't get Becky's motivation. I understand she was scared about the future, but was she going to kill herself in front of Sue? Was she going to kill Britney for graduating ? Was she going to go on a rampage?
Really? She was terrified of going out into the real world. In school she was accepted by Sue and The Glee Club but she would most definitely has had a hard life. She saw her safety ending and was scared. In her mind she was using the gun to protect herself. Many kids bring guns to school, some get caught but many don't.
- Britney is the worst-written character. She has an IQ of moss, but aces her SAT and speaks articulately. Her thought processes are so disordered and strange that she should be institutionalized, but no one seems to care or even notice.
I was hoping Becky would shoot her... accidentally, of course.
- When I heard this episode was about a school shooting, I was hoping it would be Emma's demise
- Emma actually would have made a good shooter.
- I thought Coach Bieste and the new blonde whom Rider thought was texting him would be goners.
- I would never forgive Ryan Murphy if he killed off Coach Bieste. Never.
- Degrassi: The Next Generation was much better and had more drama with their school shooting. Plus it featured Drake doing a squealy scream while getting shot in the back.
The metronome thing was ridiculous. The boys and girls having total drama hissy fits moving from one corner to the other was silly, too. Brittany hiding in the toilet was good, but really out of character, because the Brittany we know wouldn't be able to comprehend what's going on until the matter was resolved (and if she had been shot she would only notice and feel it in the next season). There is only one lunch lady and she didn't have the idea to leave the school through the exit where all the food gets delivered? Sue taking the fall when she did stuff like pushing people down the stairs (she couldn't just tell Becky to shut her trap about the incident?)? Why would Riley's Catfish stalker use a picture of a local girl?
Really you have more chances to get hold of a fish with already slippery hands than having a consistent from start to finish character on Glee. But then by now you don't watch the show for consistent character development, do you?
- I agree with the above posters. Brittany hiding in the bathroom was very effective and probably Heather Morris's best dramatic work in the entire history of the series.
However, it was TOTALLY out of character for her to be smart enough to hide in such a way, since minutes earlier she thought her pringles can was a scientific telescope.
I think the episode as a whole was just ok but like every glee episode, tries to be too many things, instead of one really good thing.
It's like last season, when the episode was dealing with the drama of teen marriage between Rachel and Finn and inexplicably, the episode turned in the final moments into an anti-texting/driving PSA where Quinn got into the car crash.
- Glee needs to stop this shit. They try to do these shocking dramatic plots but they don't do real follow through. Quinn getting hit, Rachel being pregnant, a gun at Mckinley. It is just inserting random drama for no reason because we know it will be swept under a rug.
Of course it ends up being Becky just being confused, and then Sue will take the cover but she will end up back anyway.
It is just...why bother?
- Becky should have blown away the whole cast, and let's just call it a day. This show is done.
- Is anyone gonna post about Jenna an Darren's horror show of a scene when she broke down about not being with the Glee club during the shooting?
They may carry a tune and be attractive, but actors they are not.
- Though no one was killed and the killer at school want who you thought, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is the only other show which I remember doing a school shooting episode and it was much better than Glee's episode. As mentioned elsewhere, the people who commit acts like this in real life are hurt and damaged. The resolution last night just seemed so contrived. It's no wonder the episode seems to be panned in most reviews and online discussions.
- What R506 said.
- So looks like Lynch left the show early to start rehearsals in NY for ANNIE.
- They could still revive the show if they could get a hot fuckbuddy for Ryder.
- Eleven minutes of high drama
- [quote] it was TOTALLY out of character for her to be smart enough to hide in such a way
There were students hiding in each of the stalls, so it's reasonable to assume that one of them told her to hide like they were.
- The last scene should have been Becky in Coach Sylvester's office with the gun, saying how she's afraid of leaving school and going out into the world, then pulling out the gun. You hear Sue off-screen yell "Beck! NOOO!" and then a gunshot. Leave up to the imagination of viewers until the next episode -- does Beck off herself? does Sure grab the gun at the last moment?
- Brittany is written in much the same way that Rose was written on Golden Girls-both displayed several levels of stupidity in each episode. Morris was awful in her scene earlier in the episode with Lord Tubbington-she still seems to have no clue of how to set her head and body in different shots so they'll cut together relatively smoothly. However her bathroom scenes were the most effective of all.
- Yeah, the ending was totally "Glee".
What a cop-out.
There were too many story lines going on in one episode. Sue's speech, which was totally on-point, was the best part.
- In addition to Patty Duke and Meredith Baxter playing a happy lesbian couple Blaine encounters in a jewelry store the season finale will include two MIT professors (is Brittany a mathematics genius and on her way to MIT?) and a Broadway casting director (please God Rachel doesn't get the role in Funny Girl).
- r517 yes Patty Duke will be on GLEE. Can't wait.
- Does anyone think they will shift all the action to NYC next season, and the show will basically be the Rachel and Kurt spin-off that they had originally planned in 2011?
- [quote]Though no one was killed and the killer at school want who you thought, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is the only other show which I remember doing a school shooting episode and it was much better than Glee's episode
"Buffy" killed or at least endangered high school students every week so it was easier to fit a story like that in.
[quote]As mentioned elsewhere, the people who commit acts like this in real life are hurt and damaged.
Nobody committed an "act like this" in the episode. There was no shooting, just a gun that went off by accident. So it's not really an appropriate criticism.
- Blaine asking Kurt to marry him is the stupidest thing they've done yet. Does Ryan Murphy, a gay man in his 40s, really think gay boys should marry each other at 18?
- Didn't think Becky being the shooter was so bad despite being far fetched . What I didn't like was Your Song (sung so beautifully by Ewan McGregor) wasnt done very well the guy sung it ok but singing it a bland generic blonde girl he meet on the Internet made the song seem shallow. Also haven't really watched this season but Britney deeply in love with the blonde guy was also far fetched.....
- [quote]So looks like Lynch left the show early to start rehearsals in NY for ANNIE.
So she'll be playing Rooster?
- Annie of course...
- Kinda lost about Ryder's secret admirer too. The phone rang in the chorus room.
Doesn't that mean that it was someone in the Glee club or in the room at that time??
Should it have been easy to figure out after that??
- I bet Sue will make a comeback like Anthony Weiner when Lynch's stage gig is finished. The show won't survive without Glee Club having a big enemy to team up against.
- I'm hoping for a crossover episode where Lord and Lady Tubbington visit the folks at Downton Abbey. I can only imagine the Dowager Countess's reaction.
Later, they can visit London and take tea with Mrs. Slocombe's pussy.
- Kirby was my favorite character in the film. Whether that was the writing or Hayden's doing I don't remember, but she was the clear stand out in my opinion.
- Whoops, wrong thread.
- I think Unique is going to end up being Ryder's secret admirer.
My So-Called Life did one of the best school shooting episodes called, "Guns and Gossip". It would be a very timely episode today even though it was from 1994(!) in that involved the bullying of the gay teen character (Wilson Cruz) and the gun he brings to school for protection that accidentally goes off. Glee ended their episode the same way MSCL did with the kids returning to school to find a metal detector at the entrance. Naturally, MSCL's take on this topic was much more fleshed out and effective.
- I'm almost certain Unique is the Catfish, but I hope I'm wrong. Transgendered characters don't need any more reasons for people to think they're freaks and not to be trusted.
- In the real world, wouldn't Becky be receiving counseling of some kind? Instead, Sue just tells Mr. Schue to watch over her, which really helps alleviate Beck's problems.
- I don't think Unique is the secret admirer. At one point Ryder said Unique's ringtone is "Bootylicious."
- The Catfish is Tina. She left her phone in the room and couldn't get any texts from anyone. Remember her emotional display outside? She needed to know if they were okay. Surely she'd have gotten a text or checked Twitter if she'd had her phone.
Besides, we all know she's dick starved and kinda crazy.
- It's Ryan Murphy, so the Catfisher will be fat.
- so the big question in what stupid way will they bring back Sue? Cause you know they will. In the real world, even if she confessed that it was Becky, she still wouldn't get her job back. She covered for a student who brought a gun to school, she lied to the administration,and wasted school resources and police resources by having them come out and search the school. Yet in Glee world, she will somehow get her job back.. So how do you think they will do it?
- Could be Blaine. They didn't give his character a believable role. Nothing to say to posterity? Are you joking?
- Well Sue is supposed to have a solo in the episode after next, so we won't have to wait long, R536.
I was also irritated by Sue covering up for Becky. Yes, Becky didn't mean to fire the gun, but she is clearly going through some serious issues if she was willing to bring a gun to school, yet Sue just leaves her there without any counseling when she could be a threat to herself and others.
But I'm sure she'll be back to happy, sassy Becky next week, since it is Glee and all.
- Regarding Ryder's Catfish story plot. I do hope the show doesn't pull some Twilight shit where the guy who doesn't get the girl pairs up with a relative of the girl (in this case her mom).
- so i am confused, is the girl Ryder thought he was talking with always been at Mckinnley High or did she transfer into the school?
- That was the shittiest "Glee" episode ever. And that's saying something.
- How the FUCK did they make regionals?
Yes, the Warblers were disqualified but so were McKinley for leaving the stage. So wouldn't the third team, the menonites, move to Regionals?
- Will the shooting actually be mentioned on this week's episode and/or will we see any aftermath? Or like most of Glee's plots will be conveniently forgotten to make way for some other plot line?
- Ryan Murphy has already addressed that, R542. He would like to remind you that it's just a television show.
- Sue won't be there.
- Sigh. I suppose the glory days of Glee are well in the past. Another mediocre episode. They got me all excited about hearing Dreamweaver and then didn't sing it. And then Rachel sings Don't Stop Believing for the umpteenth time at her Funny Girl audition? How boring. I was hoping she'd sing Mama Who Bore Me.
- I would have rather heard an Annie Lennox song than those two crap original songs!
It's amazing that Finn wants to be treated like an equal teacher. He doesn't even have a college credit yet. At this point, the Glee club needs to ditch Will and Finn, and get Beastie to act as their "sponsor." They seem to all get along and do a good job at running the club themselves (e.g. Guilty Pleasures episode).
- I liked the first original song, wasn't too impressed by the second one, though.
- Guilty Pleasures was so much fun. There need to be more episodes like that.
- R543, yes they mentioned it.
- I loved Rachel's audition. It was also a new arrangement.
Lea Michele is a real talent. This show lucked out. It's easy to buy her as the big del the show makes her out to be.
Which is why the show just needs to focus on the original cast in NY. These new kids are ok singers but they're dull and have no chemistry.
Rachel, Kurt and Santana are in NY. Move Quinn and if you have to, Blaine and Brittany up there and drop McKinley.
- R551, I think they should just spin off NYC.
Keep the Glee show (Finn stays there) and the new kids... but have the rest in a show in NYC focused around them.
There's enough material here for two shows easily.
- R552, I know RM tried to do that, but FOX rejected the idea. But I think it's a good idea.
- [quote]Rachel, Kurt and Santana are in NY. Move Quinn and if you have to, Blaine and Brittany up there and drop McKinley.
And they can all live in an apartment building managed by Sue!
- So Finn just decided to go to college and started right away? In February or March or whatever month it's supposed to be?
- R555: It's Chinatown, Jake.
- Notice how Rachel's Mom never calls first, but always seems to know where she is and what's she's doing? Rachel should take out a restraining order. And how come her overprotective dads haven't been to visit? You can't tell me they aren't into New York.
- And... Sam was pretending to have a twin why exactly?
I just don't understand what they're thinking when they write this stuff.
- And nice timing with an episode about Finn's partying airing while Cory's in rehab.
- So Sam's twin is the catfisher?
- I loved how Marley, the new girl, not only just happened to write some songs but she evidently had written the musical scores, background vocals, choreography, etc
- i think i enjoy watching this show from week to week to see how absurd it gets.. this weeks odd logic
-How did Finn suddenly become enrolled in college? Most colleges in the United states are nearing the end or are in the middle of the semester.
Plus you can't just join a college on a whim. you have to be accepted. in the 2 or 3 weeks he wasn't shown, he suddenly became accepted into the school?
and he is suddenly living in the dorms, where apparently anything goes, including not monitoring naked people in the halls and allowing Puck to live in the dorm room even though he is not enrolled in the school.
and in typical Glee fashion just as quickly as they wrote in the sudden plot line of him enrolled in college, they write in that he suddenly got a leave of absense from the school. and where does this leave Puck? but i am sure we will never find out, just like we will never find out who was doing the cat fish!
- i think i hate Unique more and more each episode..Also how are Sugar and Joe going to suddenly learn all these new songs that Marley wrote..They never come to practice. Perhaps instead of yelling at Blaine , Mr Shue should be yelling at them.
speaking of Marley's songs. She is obviously a prodigy that she wrote these songs with full vocals.
- [quote]i think i hate Unique more and more each episode
Me, too. It's because she has no real character. She identifies as female. And that's it. That's the sum total. And from that, we're supposed to feel for her and root for her? We're not even interested in her.
- plus Unique dresses horribly..
- Rachel auditions for a huge role on a Broadway show, and they call her an hour later? i just don't think it would take that quick. Also when casting a big show like Funny Girl, i am sure the producers would have someone already in mind for the role, most likely an established Broadway performer. they might have casting calls for the lesser parts, but i just can't imagine they would pick someone off the street to play the lead role in a major revival
- Where is this college that Finn is attending?Is it in Lima, so Mr Shue can just drop by to talk to him? and if it Lima why can't Finn attend school and work with the Glee Club? why does he have to leave school, especially since he apparently just joined it last week?
- Is there a rule on Glee that the entire cast can not be present for an episode ? Joe, Sugar, and Emma were all missing from this episode. Then when Rachel was imagining her friends on stage, they brought back Mercedes for a split second, yet they didn't bring back Quinn, Santana, of Mike Chang.
- [quote]Is there a rule on Glee that the entire cast can not be present for an episode?
It's kind of hard to fit the entire cast into one episode when there are a bazillion of them, don't you think?
- R568 That's because Quinn, Santana, and Mike were not Glee members in the pilot.
- the bf and I are arguing about this point I try to make to him:
I don't care that it's a "just a tv show". There's writing. And then there's HORRENDOUS writing.
I almost felt like Sherwood Schwartz wrote that last episode. I mean, it was just toooo convenient.
Are we supposed to suspend belief? Yup. But to a degree.
LAZY LAZY LAZY.
And, is Ryan Murphy secretly straight and banging the fuck out of bald Nene? I. Don't. Get. It.
Finally, I will just sign off with "youuuu haveeee morrrre friends than youuuuu knowwww"
- I admit - I am one of those people who will defend GLEE all day long. I do think people demand a higher level of quality and consistency from GLEE that was never at the top of quality and consistency - EVER. And the amount of disappointment and vitriol aimed at the show doesn't seem to be in proportion to the sins it has committed. It was a unique show on the TV landscape at one point - but it was never high quality, it was never consistent, it was both realistic and fantasy-like from the beginning. There surely has been a drop off in constant entertainment - but again, nothing that equals the numerous complaints. Much like kids in a school yard, I just think GLEE is one of those shows that was once the popular kid and now is the picked on kid.
THAT being said - last night's show has to be the worst episode I've seen of GLEE. Aside from Rachel's audition fantasy of the original group, I found nothing entertaining in the episode. Will was at his most insufferable, and I didn't understand why the man who on more than one occasion almost peed himself over new, original songs then was so against them; the new songs had some decent melodies but the lyrics were beyond trite; Finn and Puck's storyline felt like we were seeing an old guy's version of what they think a crazy college experience is, reality completely damned - the whole episode felt as though it was thrown together over the course of the day at best.
I regularly and happily suspend my brain when I turn on GLEE - I'm used to people breaking out in song in the middle of the hall, I'm used to teachers doing things that in reality would get them fired, I'm used to the show being fantasy fiction - but the sins of this episode were that it was sloppy, uninspired, and boring. Very little effort was put forth to make this a viable episode.
- There need to be some changes on GLEE next season. I don't mind seeing New York, and McKinley, but enough with the back and forth throughout the episode. Devote one full half hour to one group and the next half hour to the other group, and alternate their position from episode to episode - New York the first half hour one week, the second half hour the next week.
New York needs to be expanded in terms of friends for Santana, Kurt and Rachel. Presumably, Blaine will be added next year and perhaps Finn, but they need some regular New York friends to occasionally interact with. And those three are the strongest & most entertaining singers on the show - too often, their stories are all talk while McKinley gets the lion's share of the singing - that needs to at least balance out in the future.
McKinley on the other hand, needs to be shaken up and leaned up. Once the latest group graduates, other than Blaine becoming a regular in New York, I don't think we need to see Artie or Tina again. If Mercedes can be relegated to three appearances a season, then Artie and Tina shouldn't be seen more than that. Sam can appear a few times, but only because I do like his friendship with Blaine. Meanwhile, let's find Will auditioning for some touring musical and getting the job and leaving McKinley. His relationship with Emma has grown stale, and he just seems flat now as a character. Send him out the door (bringing him back for the last few episodes - i expect next season to be the last) and let's find a new teacher to replace him.
- AND they need to shoot NY in NY, it is so obvious most of the scenes are not shot there.
- R573, wouldn't that new teacher be Finn?
- I predict RM will fast forward at the end of the season a couple of years.
- [quote]Where is this college that Finn is attending?Is it in Lima, so Mr Shue can just drop by to talk to him? and if it Lima why can't Finn attend school and work with the Glee Club? why does he have to leave school, especially since he apparently just joined it last week?
Finn is attending the previously unmentioned University of Lima. And they never said he had to leave school to help coach the glee club -- he is doing it for college credit while he goes to university.
- Joe and Sugar seem to be gone. I wonder whether Samuel Larsen got fed up with them not giving him anything and quit. She got a role in a series for next season so she might have been shooting the pilot.
- I thought Unique was supposed to be a big star, the most revered vocalist at nationals the year before, and yet seems to have almost no personality.
- Joe and Sugar were there last week.
No they weren't R580. Joe and Sugar have been absent for a long while with no explaination. I guess they just didn't want to pay the actors when they knew they weren't going to give them jack shit to do.
I really don't understand why Ryan Murphy is so damn in love with NeNe Leaks.
Marley is the blandest attempt at a lead character ever. I think the actress is fine but I just can't care about the character because they haven't made her character at all interesting. It makes me respect Darren Criss more because Blaine is also a very bland character who he managed to make me care somewhat about even though he isn't a great actor. That takes starpower.
Glee used to be this collection of crazy, quirky personalities. Outcast doesn't work because that isn't really true anymore. I don't know why they wouldn't make the newbies more interesting. The talent is there, but the conceptualization is off.
- " It makes me respect Darren Criss more because Blaine is also a very bland character who he managed to make me care somewhat about even though he isn't a great actor. "
His very tight pants don't hurt, either.
- My favorite scene, despite the not so implied homophobia, was Blaine and Becky in Coach NeNe's office bring forced to repeat her oath.
"I swear to neverrrrrrr use my fruity froo-froo voodoo in school."
Becky and Blaine, talking over each other: "I swear to neverrrrrrr use my fruity froo-froo voodoo in school."
- BREAKING: Glee renewed for TWO more seasons!
- Sigh, two more years of this. Fuckin Glee, I wish I knew how to quit you.
I'm very curious to see where the show is going next year and who is going to be involved. I don't think they really have a clue what they are doing.
- I wouldn't count Joe and Sugar out yet. They randomly pop in and out of episodes - I had forgotten about Sugar completely and then suddenly she was there again. They even brought the Irish kid back at Christmas for no discernible reason so I expect we'll see Joe and Sugar show up in the season finale if not before.
- I also think we will see Sugar in the season finale. The writers were idiots to not develop Sugar more. Vanessa Lengies has more experience in the TV biz than several of the main cast members. Ryan and his staff do not know to write for a large cast and when it comes to using minor characters they give too much screentime to the worst ones like Becky. Becky has always been a waste on the show and many viewers do not like her and people have ripped apart the showing because of gun plot.
- The scene with Rachel singing with the original cast members really drove home what charm-vacuums the new cast members are.
- I wonder if Princess Lea will stay on for two more years? What about Colfer? He was snubbed at the Emmys last year and will be snubbed this year as well, so maybe he will abandon ship soon?
- R589, and do what?
- Wouldn't it hurt to jump on a Slip 'n Slide on those floors in the dorm? Talk about painful.
And is NeNe as bad as I think she is? I cringe whenever she comes on screen. If she's such a "rich bitch", she should buy herself some acting lessons.
- Might have been mentioned already but the one frat brother was played by the same actor who plays Chad on Days Of Our Lives.
- it seems they are setting up Blaine to help Sue get her job back. But being Glee, this maybe another plot point that goes nowhere.
- Colfer is going to have a HUGE future. He can play a gay elf on AMERICAN HORROR STORY. Then a gay imp on THE NEW NORMAL. Then a gay pixie in the Ryan Murphy show after that. Then a gay sprite on the one after that. His options are endless and varied.
If he's smart (and he might well be) he'll continue his move to the other side of the camera.
- [quote]What about Colfer? He was snubbed at the Emmys last year and will be snubbed this year as well, so maybe he will abandon ship soon?
Yes, he'll quit, because most actors only work for the awards.
[quote]and do what?
Oh here we go again. Five years ago Chris Colfer was a high school student. He went to an audition for "Glee" to play the role of Artie. He didn't get it. Instead, Ryan Murphy created a character just for him and rewrote the pilot. In those five years Chris Colfer was nominated for two Emmys and won a Golden Globe, and a SAG Award. Through the Glee soundtracks he has earned two Platinum Ablums, and three Gold Albums in the US alone and traveled the world for two summers in a sold out Glee Concert Tour.
He wrote a New York Times Number One Best Seller with sequel on the way. He wrote a screenplay, had it published in book form, and then executive-produced the feature film. Wrote the pilot and will produce the upcoming "The Little Leftover Witch" for The Disney Channel. Oh and he was named one of Time Magazine's most influential people in the world.
[quote]and do what?
Probably anything he fucking wants to.
- [quote]Wrote the pilot and will produce the upcoming "The Little Leftover Witch" for The Disney Channel.
That project is DEAD.
- [quote]Probably anything he fucking wants to.
He's done one movie, that he directed himself, that was straight to VOD. Yeah, I'm sure he can do ANYTHING he wants. He's in such high demand.
- My bad, he didn't direct it.
- Colfer in a new live musical version of PINOCCHIO.
- Nothing about Finn and Puck being mistaken for gay at the frat party?