- I'll go with this.
- The boiled bunny.
- The first 158 minutes of LES MISERABLES.
- This too.
- You know what I mean
- Another favorite.
- A DL classic for sure.
- Loved this one.
- These new Facebook links suck. If you want to embed the video, copy the long-form URL from your browser.
- Jesus Christ, what has happened to taste? Aside from the scene in Heathers (which I still wouldn't call iconic), most of these are second rate. I am aware though that troll-dar lights this thread up like a Christmas tree.
You want iconic? THIS is iconic
- Yes she will, Precious, she will get the hose.
- Kay sees that Michael has become just like his father, maybe worse, as he's called Godfather and the door to his world closes on her. The look on Keaton's face is magnificent.
- THIS is iconic.
- Damn--That didn't work either.
How are people who get the video to appear in the thread doing it?
- R14, you copy the address of the Youtube video you are watching and post it in the "URL" box.
- "I have been taught by masters."
Sorry for the lousy quality.
- If you can get past the idea that Boone City, Iowa never had apartments like this........
- Scenes that come to mind.
1) The scene with the icecream in Kramer vs. Kramer
2) The scene in The Champ when the dad dies. I cried my eyes out at that.
3) Casablanca - scene at the airport.
4) Dirty Harry "Make my day"
5) Plane scene in North by Northwest
6) Shower scene in Psycho, DUH!
There are so many others.
- One word, one syllable.
I can't remember what number this came in at when the list of the most iconic memorable scenes came out with the American film critics and historians scored together.
They mentioned it on Inside The Actor's Studio.
I think when Chris Matthews starts quoting it, you've made an impact.
- That's what I have been doing, R15.
- The fire beacon scene in LOTR: Return of the King.
- As God is my witness ...
- Isn't it delicious?
BTW: The dress sold for $4.6 million. Take that Judy Garland's measly $480K gingham dress!
- Yes r23!!!!
And "Diamonds are a girl's bet friend", of course!!!
- Gonna go dark on this one. First time I thought outer space could be scary. Warning - graphic.
- Deborah Kerr and Burt Lancaster's beach scene in 'From Here to Eternity'
- "I'm flying, Jack!"
- Superman taking Lois Lane on a flight of fantasy above the Metropolis skies is "Superman-The Movie".
- The scene is GWTW where Scarlett vows "nevah to be hungry again".
- Julie Andrews twirling around on a hillside in Sound of Music.
- Poor dear. She never could hold her liquor like me. *hic*
La Lawson, gentlemen
- "Julian.... take off the red shoes."
- The chestburster in Alien, of course! Who could possibly forget that?
- I'llll get you, my pretty. And your little dog, too!
- Uh, Judy, could you come back here for a second?
- Everything in The Matrix.
- King Kong and Martha Raye on top of the Empire State Building.
- Linda Blair's rotating head in The Exorcist.
- Timothy Hutton freaking out about having to take the picture with his mother Lucille Ball in "Ordinary People."
- Little Nell biting Tim Curry's leg as he reclined sideways on his throne in Rocky Horror.
- The little girl touching the tv screen in Poltergeist.
- Paul Henried with Bette Davis and the two cigarettes in Now Voyager.
Kristen Stewart intoning "I know what you are...you're a vampire" in the first Twilight movie.
The chariot scene in Ben Hur.
Spencer Tracy's speech in Guess Whose Coming To Dinner.
- Michael's kiss on the mouth to Fredo in Godfather Part II
Liz and Monty kissing in Place in the Sun
Scarlett and Rhett kissing on the bridge while Atlanta burns
Rocky and Adrien kiss in Rocky
Lots of kissing -- and by those who know how
- "Leave the gun, take the cannoli."
- "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"
- Meg Ryan's public orgasm in When Harry Met Sally...
"She's My Sister. She's my daughter." and the final line of Chinatown.
The death of HAL 9000.
"Molly, you in danger gurl."
- Thelma, Louise, car, Grand Canyon
- "You talkin' to me?"
- Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny!!!
- Communicating with the alien mother ship in Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. Doo-doo-doo-doo-doooo.
- I think those earlier YouTube links won't embed because they're secure (https prefix). Get rid of that and they should work fine.
- This is iconic -
- Ann Margret rolling around in beans, chocolate and soap in Tommy. I can't find the whole song on youtube, just part of it.
- this one-
- [quote]Deborah Kerr and Burt Lancaster's beach scene in 'From Here to Eternity'
Uhh, have you seen the OP?
- Fatal Attraction bathroom brawl
- "They're all gonna laugh at you!"
- But you are blanche... you are!!
- NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!
- Most depressing thread ever.
This to you is iconic?
- "E.T phone home"
- This. Director Rouben Mamoulian told her to think of nothing. Not the best quality, but it gets better in the end.
- Marx Brothers in the crowded cabin.
- The piano chords and...
- Olivia Newton-John removing her leather jacket in "Grease"
Tell me about it, stud.
- Interrogation scene (Basic Instict)
Boombox scene (Say Anything)
Lipsync/Dancing in Underwear (Risky Business)
Twist and Shout (Feris Bueller's Day Off)
I'm funny, how...(Goodfellas)
- "Tale as old as time..."
- Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
- How could no one have posted this one yet?
- Sharon Stone flashing her cunt in "Basic Instinct."
- "But y'are, Blanche... y'are...!"
- Superman flying around the earth, turning back time to reanimate Lois Lane's corpse.
- Marlon Brando in a torn shirt crying, "Hey Stella!"
- r71, she doesn't do it in that clip. The cut it.
- Norma Desmond (Gloria Swanson)in Sunset Boulevard
"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."
- Final scene in Dirty Dancing
- Bonnie & Clyde ambush:
- NSFW: The pinball competition in "The Accused".
- r18...don't you mean french toast scene in Kramer? Was there an ice cream scene?
- [quote]Was there an ice cream scene?
Yes. It was a stand-off between the characters played by Hoffman and Henry.
- oh yeah...I forgot that scene...I think the iconic scene is when the kid runs across the park into Meryl's arms and away from Dustin.
and we didn't these idiots just get joint custody.
- "Flashdance" water scene
- I know you all hate the movie itself, but I loved that twisted, heinous scene in "Alien Resurrection" when Ripley discovered the clone-lab full of human-alien hybrids. And the most humanoid Ripley-clone begs her "please kill me." You have to admit, that was one of the most harrowing individual scenes in any of the 4 Alien movies. Flame away, but I think that scene was brilliant in such a sick, sad way.
- 'Norma Rae'
- 'The Sweet Hereafter'
- Out of Africa
- Risky Business train ride
- Thanks for this thread. It's reminded me of happy, sad, scary and haunting films. It's cathartic for me right now (I'm very sad). And a little escape once in a while is a good thing.
- The subway train scene from Michael Lucas' "Wall Street"
- "I'm singing in the rain . . ."
Janet Leigh takes a shower in Psycho
Strauss + outer space in 2001
"They're here" - both in Poltergeist and Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Fred Astair & Cyd Charisse dancing in Central Park in The Band Wagon
the football game in both Horsefeathers and ("Oh, my, God - they've SHOT him!") M*A*S*H
Rosemary see her baby for the first time
"You talkin' to ME?"
and this . . .
- This scene from Casablanca; so important in changing Rick, making him more human.
- This is brilliant.
The sound integration is perfect-Walter Murch I think.
- Old, but good.
- Sorry about the R91 link. That's what I get for not watching the whole thing to be sure it's the whole movie clip.
Now THIS is what I meant to link (especially beginning @ 1:51) . . .
- Another oldie, but my personal favorite
- I hope you feel better R89.
- Your hand is a fist, give it to me.
- Singin' in the Rain ...
- So it was written, so it shall be done!
- Raiders of the Lost Ark