- Thank you!
- I really love this interview of 1D. Louis shuted up his damn mouth for once and we had the opportunity to enjoy more Harry and Zayn. It was so refreshing and lovely. I want every interview to be like this.
- why is everyone on twitter going crazy and saying that Nick is going to MSG to surprise Harry? Is that true? how do we know?
- Don't see how that is possible as he has the breakfast show?
- Anyone can post any rubbish on twitter :) Nick is doing his show on monday as usual - he has the four X Factor judges in.
Unsurprisingly, Danielle is in NY. I always suspected that the break-up and Leona rumours was a Syco/PR thing...
- nice to see Nick was watching XFactor tonight - looking forward to the awkward finalists interview on Monday! What if he has to talk to George ie 'Harry Style's Little Sister'?!
- Haha, N16!
- I dont even no what this is? Taylor/ Harry article.
- Wow - doesn't he look happy... tbh it barely even looks like him! They are really desperate on the Taylor angle. Sad
- I don't think that's them. Pretty weird.
- That doesn't look like Harry at all. Kinda looks like the Kennedy kid she was dating to be honest.
- "Taylor" looks like she's wearing a strange wig and her dress doesn't match.
- Funny that we got no reports of them having spoken at the teen awards prior to now - and behold a blurry photo! (Plus wasn't she still with Conor at that point? - Guess that made this not a story then but now it is)
I agree that it doesn't really look like him - the collar looks too high for the shirt he was wearing and does her dress go up in the back like that?, but the photo is so blurry you can't tell I suppose.
Either way we know he didn't spend any time with her beyond this while they were there - and we know they were somewhat friends prior to this after they went out to eat with friends after the VMAs.
- I've always suspected that outing at the VMAs had more to do with Ed Sheeran, Harry and Taylor as friends than Taylor/Harry as potential couple.
This "relationship" is so ridiculous. They're making Taylor Swift look like a complete nutjob (which I think she most likely is) and Harry, like a guy who simply doesn't care at all about his supposed "girlfriend". Not to mention there's still no 100% real proof they've even been in the same room in months. I don't see how this is good PR for any of them. It just doesn't make any sense.
- A quick google off the background of the Taylor picture determines that wasn't even the dress she wore to the teen awards. She wore a plain white dress to the show and then performed in high waisted booty shorts and a sheer black bedazled top.
She wore the stripes to her perfume launch on Oct 13th in New York. Though I suppose she could have changed a third time at the teen awards and was just wearing something similar to the perfume launch
- R15 - I think Taylor and Conor were still going strong around the time of the VMAs so I agree that it was a friend thing not a couple thing.
Trying to google their break up and it seems like it was first reported at the end of October with the statement that they had broken up a few weeks prior. With the VMAs at the beginning of September the timeline doesn't exactly match up for the "taylor cheated on Conor with Harry" rumors but still possible I suppose.
On the other hand, I stumbled across this article about Taylor continuing to go through with the house across the street from Conor's mother house which may support the rumors that her and Conor are still secretly together.
- I read somewhere that Conor Kennedy's boarding school is really strict and doesn't allow exeats or random visits. Apparently he had a period of ill-health a few years ago and fell behind with his grades, thus the need for a highly academic environment to prepare him for an Ivy league university. The rumour is that the break-up is just a break - they can date during the holidays, but no unscheduled visits/exeats during term-time.
The Harry thing just looks like something to keep both of them in the papers while they both have records out and tour dates to sell. I expect her to be back with Conor sometime soon.
- If they're friends, why wouldn't they catch up at a work gig they're both at?
I agree with NW3. Swift will return to Kennedy, Harry will be 'dumped' and teen adoration for him will soar as 'heartbreak for Harry' press does the rounds...
(Bonus PR to cancel at the 'womanising' tag)
- I think it'll just fizzle out like it usually does. Taylor wouldn't publicly dump someone, that's not her game.
- To be fair R17 that is a lovely house! If I had the money I would by it even if it meant living near my ex.
- Wow, it does not look like it's Harry in that picture at all. Even if it is him and just a bad photo, I agree with J and others, if they know each other and are friends why wouldn't there be a picture of them backstage etc...it doesn't mean this "relationship" is any less fake...
- About questioning them speaking at the Teen Awards.. I do remember listening to Radio 1 at some point soon after. One of the background-y guys on the show (not nick's show) said something about having 'gossip' about Taylor and Harry 'flirting heavily' or something to that effect.. this was pretty soon after the Teen awards (and not recently during this attempted PR push or whatever it is) which is why I'm more inclined to believe it.. However I do also remember the dj jokingly being like 'ooh hope nick's not listening' or something.. it wasn't that noticeable but made me crack right up!
Wish I could find the audio but quite sure the dj was sara cox? It was ages ago though
- I think the PR plan would have already been in motion then but who knows of course. If this is the best photo they could get of the "flirting" then they really are getting desperate as N16 suggested. He does not look happy if it is him, I agree.
- no idea about the photo that just came out.. could be anyone to be honest. Still, thought I'd post the radio 1 conversation as people were questioning whether they actually spoke at the TA's
- Thanks anyway, R25. I just meant the PR might have been in progress already, I'm sorry if it came across as dismissive or anything, that was not my intention.
People are saying Taylor denied dating Harry in an interview with Ryan Seacrest, but I haven't seen or heard any proof yet.
- There were the rumors that Taylor had asked one of the boys to dinner after the teen awards but that it got cancelled because the media found out about it so it does seem like this was the PR plan from the time of the teen awards and maybe adds weight to the idea that Taylor is still with Conor as they hadn't even officially broken up yet.
I'm sure Taylor and Harry are friends through Ed a little bit and wouldn't be surprised at them having talked at the teen awards (and when Harry talks to a girl everyone reads this as flirted) but this picture still doesn't look like them to me. Is the Sun just trying to get a jump on the competition with the "first Haylor picture" that they're willing to publish a fake photo?
- Today apparently.
Is Taylor in NY?
- The link is broken Links - is it a picture?
Taylor was in LA last night performing at the KIIS jingle ball, but she'll be heading to NY today I imagine for the R Kennedy gala dinner tomorrow.
- She was in LA last night, so it's possible if she caught the red-eye.
- I'm not sure why people are surprised to see them pictured together?
If they are taking part in some sort of PR thing together (& i'd put money on it) they are are going to be aquainted/friends and they are going to be seen together?
It wouldn't really work otherwise? Half the press already seem to be questioning it.
(not sure why the hairdresser has to be involved in everything though?!)
- Found this - Harry in Central Park with Taylor, Tom Atkin, Lou Teasdale and Lux.
- A lot of the 1d fans are freaking out on twitter over that picture, I wonder if nick says anything on the radio in the morning
- L Girl - i suppose they wanted to make it look like a happy family photo,the lovely couple accompanied by a family and a baby walking in the park on a Sunday,doesn't it sound like a movie scene?!
I think they are friends but i don't think they are dating,if it wasn't for the exteme exposure to the media and the fact that Taylor really did seem into Kennedy i'd buy it but not now.They have never spent time before not even when they were both in London for the Teen Awards.
"Payzer" getting back together isn't surprising at all,i doubt they ever really broke up.
- Possible. At that level Taylor would not be on the "red eye." They travel by private jet, usually a charter service into Teterboro.
- This might sound a bit like a "shipper" comment, but is it just me that kind of feels bad for Nick? I mean, after the confirmation that he is indeed attracted to Harry this mess of a relationship between him and Taylor, real or not, still seems kind of sad for him.
- L Girl - Agree. And I reckon a baby/toddler in tow gives the date an air of blissful domesticity - perfect for the papers and magazine front pages!
- My connection is so slow today, it's taking ages to read/post.
R36 - Not me! Nick seems happy and content with his life. Even if he was in a serious relationship with Harry (which I don't believe is the case) their schedules are divergent and will become even more so next year. I remember when Greg James was dating Ellie Goulding - it was great in theory but in reality, even thoufh they lived together they just never saw each other...and gradually drifted apart.
- R36 what confirmation? I think i've missed something!
- They could have at least have been holding hands in the picture? Although they can just keep it open that they're 'just friends'
- I just think it's all quite amusing and can't believe anyone over the age of 14 will buy it!
Beiber's secret, the spring fling no one?! noticed but suddenly leaked 'to set the scene'? H's odd Cosmo confession, the necklace stunt, the the official announcement by an x factor employee followed by confirmation by another x factor employee? It's so staged it's funny.
Whatever N&H have/had, Nick's been around long enough to know the score and how these things have to be played.
Slightly unrelated but I hope all the tv gigs the BBC seem to be giving him are reflective of good audience figures for his radio show?
- Haha, I guess a picture was bound to turn up. As mentioned nobody was buying it and I doubt this photo will change that. It certainly doesn't for me.
I do think they will leave room for the "just friends" explanation and won't really confirm anything.
- 39, last week Nick was on Fearne's show and they played a game where they had to go through a list of male celebrities and say if they were attracted to them or not without saying their names on air. Nick said yes to two names, one of them very enthusiastically. Later during the show Fearne went through the same list with a girl band and apparently Harry was the guy Nick emphatically said yes to (the other name being David Beckham)
- R43 thank you,i found the audio post by taking a quick look on tumblr,i've been away for a while so i guess i missed a couple of things,thanks for explaining anyway :)
R42 i agree,even Niall who obviously has a thing with Amy is still claiming to be single and that she is just a friend so i think "Haylor" will follow the same path,didn't Taylor denied it in a very recent interview?
- Even if a pic of Taylor and Harry kissing turns up I would wonder if it were true.
A pic has been tweeted recently of Nick kissing a girl whilst touching her breast but I don't believe that means he is seeing her.
- A tweet from a girl who works for British Fashion Council (headed by Harold Tillman, Harry's friend) talking about Nick and Harry being together.
There was also one yesterday from a club booker saying much the same.
- Fan girls r tweeting Nick asking him if Haylor is true. OK like he will tell u anything.
- Another pic of Harry and Taylor in Central Park:
- Apparently Harry's cousin has tweeted about this and called Taylor Harry's friend.
- Here is the tweet from Harry cousin.
- Taylor also said they're friends, and how would Harry's cousin know anything? Regardless of their status they do look kind of cute together.
- Harry cousin did just tweet that he does not no If they r together, as long as Harry is happy.
- As i said they are obviously going to play the friends card and leave everygjing else as an open guessing,it was expected.
- Another picture of H/T.. all I have to say is two celebrities wouldn't go for a walk in one of the most popular places in NYC unless they wanted to be seen.
- Taylor looks cute with anyone. She's a cute girl. She's not particularly stupid either. Very immature, but not stupid. Still there's something about her that I really don't like. Well, other than the fact that I personally think she's insane.
The whole "are they, aren't they" is about 99% of the PR in any celebrity relationship so it's clear they're going for that.
- Can't post a copy but @jeremydwilliams just tweeted as part of a conversation about Harry and Taylor that Harry was with Nick and not Taylor and then within 2 minutes deleted it. So don't think there is much to the Taylor rumours; after all they seriously did need to be photographed together if there was a chance of it being believed.
- A new tweet;
@GrainneMaguire: I see Taylor Swift is now "dating" Harry Styles. Seriously, does the Gay Community just have her on a retainer now?
- I'm going to enjoy these disbelieving reactions I think, haha.
- I have to say, the pics I've seen of Harry with Lux are adorable! Warms my cold, cold heart, it does.
- They really are adorable...Harry and Lux that is!
- Harry and Lux look adorable. I love how fatherly he is with her.
- *Insert witty caption here*
- That may just be this particular photo to be fair, NW3, but it all looks so awkward.
- Has there been one photograph of Harry smiling yet?
- In all the pictures they look like they don't even know each other. It's weird. To be honest it looks like an awkward first meeting where Harry had to bring other people along just to deal with the situation.
- You are all reaching, they look perfectly friendly. It must be a strange situation.
- I think Harry looks quite happy tbh but it must be pretty weird trying to have a nice day out at the park knowing that your every move is being photographed and relayed to the world to speculate on. Can't make for a particularly relaxing trip out. I'd love to know what Lux will make of all this when she grows up.
- It is laughable but perhaps it's only meant for the American public? The rumour did originate there.
(And given half of London's entertainment / media industry seem certain H is gay/bi & shagging N, I doubt anyone expects people here to buy it)
- Completely irrelevant but i'm just done reading the other thread as i was having internet trouble lately
Re; Nick admitting being attracted to Harry
I dont think that indicates a relationship or not,i find one of my friends particularly attractive too but i dont have feelings for him,i think Nick has presented himself as a "harry styles fangirl" sort of anyway so it'd be odd to say he doesnt find him attractive,a denial would raise more "suspicions" than not.
Frankly i think it was just a funny moment that people read too much into it.
N16 thanks for the info on Cara,i've heard that she liked girls more than boys but i didn't know if it was rumors or something more,she seems lovely but very "thirsty" for publicity judging by her making friends with Ora and her general attitude,she has achieved her goals though so good for her.
- R69 - It's possible that they skipped over Harry's name. It would make sense for him to give a raging YES like he did for David Beckham since he's gone on about him in the past. And do people exist that don't find Daniel Craig attractive? I can't remember if he said he found him attractive in the week leading up to that interview with him.
Harry looks perfectly happy - they've hung out a few times in the past and Harry seems to get on with people he meets right away (and they seem to have similarly odd senses of humor) but that doesn't mean this looks like ridiculously formulaic PR. They're in the second most trafficked place in NYC and one that is full of young girls which is their targeted demographic. You don't go to such a place if you're trying to start a relationship out of the spotlight. And since she's only just broken up with Conor and they've been in other countries for most of the time since it can't be anything but a new relationship.
- [quote]And do people exist that don't find Daniel Craig attractive?
Of course - people who are into twinks, for example.
- R71 I feel that like David Beckham, Daniel Craig is another exception, ha ha.
Nick definitely seems to be into twinks though.
- Apparently Harry and Taylor are going to sing a duet together at MSG.. thoughts?
- That's one of the very few things I would not be interested to hear from Harry Styles. If it's true, then it's like the ultimate huge PR move. And a very nice way to close this big weekend of heterosexuality that seems to have taken over the One Direction boys. Off the stage of course, on stage they're still as playfully gay as ever judging by their performances these past two nights.
- R73 isn't she supposed to be at an event/accepting an award? This is what i read on twitter anyway and it seemed legit.
If they DO sing a duet then they might as well win the award for the most obvious PR in history! Is it going to be one of Sheeran's love songs?! But i think that's a fabricated rumor she should have done rehearsals with him etc which didnt happen and it's a 1D concert and a huge moment for them,surely they wouldnt want anyone else stealing their fame!
Do you mean the Jingle Ball thing? I think both will sing there
- I really doubt it seeing as she's getting honored at that dinner the night of MSG and I don't see her skipping out on that early. Though I'm sure she'll make it to the huge 1D after party.
If Liam's with Danielle then that's basically all of them "taken"
Liam - Danielle
Louis - Eleanor
Zayn - Perrie
Harry - Taylor
Niall - Amy
That makes it seem more likely that they'll never confirm or deny "Haylor" but just milk it for PR. I think 1D fans are having a meltdown at the idea that potentially none of the boys are single. And it's not a good PR move to have none of the boys single.
- This is the article I read about the MSG duet. Also does anyone no when the boys will be back in England?
- R77 - Apparently they're leaving straight after they perform on Friday (and I think they're rumored to go on first) as they have a show the next day.
- J - Niall hasnt confirmed Amy,she isnt even in NYC so i think they want him to be "available" too since he's the most populat member in America and all
R77 i think they will be back sometime next week if i'm not mistaken
- They're doing Letterman on Friday but I guess that might be recorded before they perform.
- R80, I could be mistaken but I think Letterman's Friday shows are taped earlier in the week.
- They're recording Letterman Thursday I think I heard.
And I know Niall isn't officially with Amy but you'd think they'd want more than one member appearing single. (and the longer Niall goes getting pictured with Amy the fewer people will think he's single). And they've technically still got Liam
- Something "Larry shippers" dug up.
Apparently this guy has taken pictures of Louis/Eleanor in London before and was sent up to Doncaster for Louis' charity game and is now in New York. He's vaguely hinted that he took Haylor pictures but more of a "what a coincidence that they were there as I just was!" but that he "just missed them"
- J- this guy is paid to photograph 1D in general,he has photographed Danielle with Liam too when they were leaving an airport and when the break up rumors surfaced the internet he posted one of those photos again and said something like "sad news,one of the last photos i took of the lovely couple"
- didn't take long - quite an interesting angle given that the DM usually try to stick the knife in Harry and make him out to be a womaniser!
- There's a picture going around on tumblr of Nick kissing a girl and there's a big straight freak out happening right now because of it, it's hilarious.
- Sorry if this sounds insulting, I don't mean it to be. Obviously there aren't any New Yorkers on this thread - Central Park is fucking huge and relatively private if desired. Some of the most expensive real estate in the world surrounds the park (like some Posh parts of London do the same to parks) and the common tourist wouldn't find themselves in this area but by chance. The residents would not care to take pictures. The photos taken might fool flyover land US 1D fans as candid, but celebrities with much bigger name recognition than these two walk through parts of that park every single day and aren't photographed or noticed. Total tip off aka they wanted these pictures taken, but props for all of the pictures looking grainy and homemade.
- (87) Yeah, and they look pretty shabby themselves
- The girl is Kelly Osbourne, r86. None of the tumblrites seem to have figured it out!
- Harry was in central park last month taking photos and didn't get papped. He was in Times Square and didn't get papped. NYC is no LA.
- 89- I think I was one of the only people on tumblr to figure out it was Kelly Osbourne u can see her arm tattoos in the picture.
- Spotted with 'Professional Beard' Taylor Swift has removed all doubt... Hazza is gay!
- At this point, I have my doubts about Taylor being into dicks lol
- R87 - There are plenty of HD photos now!
- First of all, I don't think they're dating.
The photos being set up doesn't mean anything... Zayn and Perrie had the same thing happen when they announced they were together. Taylor has not dated anyone who's been KNOWN to be gay, and calling her a beard is dismissive to her and every guy she's been with.
- R95 the beard thing is more of a joke between fans and obviously in the industry too,most posters here have agreed that H/T is a publicity stunt/PR job to help them be in the papers and with their albums out and upcoming tours,i dont think many (reasonable) people think it's bearding,if harry is gay/bi it adds a "protection" to his image but obviously "bearding" it's not what they are going for.
I personally dont think she is a professional beard or any of these things,if any of the guys she's dated is actually gay i guess we'll never know as it's all rumors!
- In this fandom there are a lot of young, impressionable girls who will see people joking about beards and think it's okay to force that image onto someone and bother them and their relatives about it. Obviously it's not our responsibility to parent those people but I try to be careful.
- This is DL not twitter/tumblr. I doubt there's many young impressionable girls who will be trolling this deep into the Harry/Nick thread and would then go tweet Taylor and her family about it.
And it's not like she didn't get this kind of hate / beard comments back when she dated Joe Jonas. It's kind of par for the course and I'm sure she deals just fine with it and the million dollar mansions and the gorgeous celebs who continue to date her.
- There are obviously girls who come on here and tweet people or post info on tumblr, and there's nothing wrong with being a decent person on the elusive internet.
- Taylor has 'dated' Taylor Launter, Joe Jonas & Jake Gyllenhaal... she's a fucking beard and a half!
- Seems a bit odd to me that Taylor sat there with the baby on her knee. She would hardly know Taylor. Obvs just for the photos.
- [quote]Taylor has 'dated' Taylor Launter, Joe Jonas & Jake Gyllenhaal... she's a fucking beard and a half!
- Video of Harry and Taylor.
- Harry and Taylor went on a dinner date.
- starting to think harry might actually be full on gay? I still think he has shagged fans and some of the women in the papers but he was what, 16/17? probably liked both but after hooking up with grimmy, has decided he prefers blokes. loads of people keep tweeting that they have heard he is def gay and they are not directioners. swift thingy pretty much confirms it.
- Just because Taylor's had some relationships that look suspicious to you does not mean she's incapable of having a genuine one.
The guys have been teasing Harry about her since early this year. This wasn't sprung on us all of a sudden. But in October after she had broken up with Conor (and before the public knew) Zayn discretely teased him about it in an interview and Harry looked genuinely sheepish and made him stop. It was not obvious at all but it's clear. Taylor's ambitious, good at what she does and laughs at herself. She doesn't quite seem like Harry's type, she's a bit of a dork. They have chemistry in their photos, and look like they like each other. I wasn't expecting that.
Do I think they used the timing to their advantage? For sure. Do I think today was set up? Absolutely. It could all be PR, I just think the clues have been there for a long time that Harry likes her. That could be all it is.
I'm straying from the N/H thing I guess. I just don't think these tweets are enough evidence to sustain my interest.
- Forgot to add, I think Zayn's sudden need to defend Harry against rumours could be an indication that Harry was trying to get in someone's good graces. The timing of everything makes sense.
- R106: you're joking right?!! it was an obvious set up from the moment justin B told everyone in march that he had a 'very famous friend' with a crush on harry? and then 'accidentally' let it slip it was taylor? do you really think beiber who has been media trained since he was about 12 would 'accidentally' say those things to the press!?!? All the 'teasing' is part of it to make it look real! everything about this has been carefully communicated to the press. do you really think they would let the most popular member of the biggest boyband share a 'romance' with the worlds press? no, they would hide it. they would only let him appear attached for a reason.
harry and nick have been papped after sleep-overs at each others for the last 12months when they only live 10mins away from each other. they have been seen snogging in clubs since last year. they spend massive amounts of their spare time together one on one. harry goes to work with nick. nick goes to 1D social stuff with harry.they share clothes, they go to same places together but arrive and leave seperately, they buy food shopping together.
AND loads of people that socialise and work with them have said they are 'together' Even the press have hinted that they are together!! why assume they are lying when they have no reason to and harry and grimmys behaviour supports what they are saying??
Do you really think some 'public' teasing and 'very public' dates with someone with a rep for showmances, is more real?
- Lately, yes. But I guess I have to be crazy to take anything at face value rather than figure it's been carefully orchestrated for 11 months and believe every gossipy tweet I see. By the way please don't tell me N/H is face value - if it was they would have hidden it better. This is all getting a little sad.
- harry and nick hid it for months. we know how much time they have spent together because we have looked into it. most people only became aware of them that week in august and when the gossip and press got too much they went back to hiding.
its simple for me. do i believe a years's worth of underground 'gossip' from people know these people, who have nothing to gain by lying and who's 'gossip' totally supports the behaviour of these people
do i believe a load of tosh dished out by the xfactor/simon cowell/ID's BOSS!! that will make harry look straight and give them LOADS of press even though half of it doesn't even add up?
not exactly a difficult choice lol...
- it's been said before on here that apart from actual admission or catching grimmy and harry in the act, you're never going to get any more confirmation than we already have. so unless you gonna start hanging out at shoreditch house you've had as much confirmation as is possible for a sectret thing. Don't know what more you could need to believe in it tbh??
- Are you asking me? I don't have enough confirmation, no. I won't assume things due to their spending time together and I won't believe tweets from people because you all think they have "nothing to gain." People gossip all the time without anything to gain. If Harry is dating Taylor it makes sense that he would be spending time with someone else because they would hardly see each other.
As someone pointed out, Perrie and Zayn dated for a while before they announced it. Their announcement seemed to be a set up "candid" photo shoot. Many people thought it was all PR because of it, but it turned out to be more of a "so this is what's happening now" thing. Harry has never been public about dating anyone so I wouldn't expect him to start now if it wasn't even real. No one is holding a gun to his head. He also wears his heart on his sleeve and he looks happy in those photos. His smiles look genuine rather than the forced smile he uses in fan photos. That is what started to convince me, so the set up was probably a good idea.
You might think there's logic to H/L but I think there's more logic here at this point. Harry's behavior the past few months and mood in the past couple months has changed. He stopped getting photographed with other women, and I think he did that to prove himself. To be honest, I've never been able to convince myself that he's gay. I just don't get that vibe. I know there's supposed to be a gay one in every boy band but once in a while there isn't.
I don't want to kill anyone's buzz so I'll leave it at that. These are just my opinions. I do wonder if the poster who heard Haylor was real is still around and what they think.
- In addition, it seemed that Demi/Niall and Liam/Leona were being milked for PR, and they never took it nearly this far. If Taylor performs with them tonight then I might get a bit suspicious, but I think it'll be Ed.
- R109: no offense but you sound like a 1D fangirl and a niave one at that.
Haylor was deliberately and publicly pushed from April which is not something they would be done if there were really liked each other and had started quietly dating each other like Zayn etc..
It was the dropped until suddenly being picked up again around 2 months ago and stories were slowly drip fed to the public via the press. You really don’t think the necklace thing was deliberate?!
These stories started around the time of grimmy and harry’s clothes swapping by the way…
Haylor was then ANNOUNCED by X factor (twitter), CONFIRMED by x factor (Mario) and then ENDORSED by x factor (Cowell)
This was followed by VERY public and photographed ‘dates’, the standard vague responses from both parties to ensure the ‘are they aren’t they speculation’ and numerous conflicting magazine stories.
And the back drop to this?: 12 months worth of mounting speculation about harry’s sexuality and a relationship with a man 10 years his senior. Gossip that was getting increasingly more mainstream!!!
And that is what marks harry as different from liam, nial, zayne and any pr stunt/relationship they have been involved in. There has been no gossip/speculation to address for them. They are also not the fav of the group. If they take haylor further, there is good reason to.
You believe haylor if you want, and you seem to want to but it’s the most obvious case of PR/Bearding I’ve ever seen. A grainy pic of them snogging wouldn’t even convince me they are real. And if you using how ‘happy’ harry looks as proof? Then by that measure he must be secretly married to grimmy.
- If I was a fan girl I'd be mad or wouldn't believe in them, but if I sound naive you sound a little desperate. There is nothing mainstream about this gossip. No one is trying to make Gay Harry happen except a few nobodies. No one in the USA thinks anything of it. Things with Taylor would have been dropped when she started dating Conor. Justin Bieber says stupid things all the time. Maybe the rumours are true that Harry almost dated Taylor before and she didn't trust him. None of this is far fetched just because she's so famous. Sometimes what you hear is true. It seems like we've been gradually prepped lately to get used to him possibly having a girlfriend. He took back saying that he had ever kissed a fan. He's gotten more serious. He talked about how it's hard when you like someone because they read things. It must be especially hard when they live far away. It's like he's been preening himself. Grimmy wouldn't care if he'd kissed fans but Taylor sure would. This is absolutely getting milked to death for PR, no doubt about that. I thought the same thing happened with Caroline - they liked each other and it was also useful for PR. That tends to happen when celebs like each other.
With Grimmy Harry looks like he's having fun, like he used to look around Louis when they were best friends. It's different and you know it.
I think people here have gotten so deep into this that they think it's obvious when it's not. Maybe take a step back.
You're not going to talk me out of it and I'm not going to change your mind so let's leave it at this. Sorry if I sound aggressive, I just think it's ugly to pick apart what may be a very lovely new relationship.
- Holy Moly interviewer makes a beard joke about Harry and Taylor to Union J (but only the gay one gets it):
- I love that Union J interview!!!
- So a lot has happened while DL was down for primetime!
We've got this NY pap who has posted videos of the boys in NY everytime they've been there. He tweeted that Taylor and Conor Kennedy went to the 1D show after the Kennedy dinner (but that he didn't see Taylor and Conor together) and now there are rumors Conor is at the after party.
Also, linked is his tweet about Taylor's photographed outings.
- Also interesting: TMZ clip about the Haylor date where one of the main guys says he thinks it's a date set up by management because there's 'no chemistry with Harry'
- And lastly I wanted to see what everyone's opinions are on Henry Holland's tweet from yesterday:
"Classic magazine combo. And yes I only buy multiple magazines when the cover stars are banging each other."
with a picture of two magazines one with Taylor and one with Harry on the cover.
- J - never thought I'd agree with what TMZ have to say, but from where I'm staring they've got it spot on.
Regarding that Union J video, I'm surprised holy moly would say something that risqué.. They don't mind pushing the bar a bit do they? They must believe it to a certain extent.
- I agree about Holy Moly, especially after their muted response about that horrible article!
All these tweets and the TMZ stuff is very interesting. It's all not really working, except for the young fans, is it?
- Im not really surprised about the Holy Moly comment because Its Jamie East he is the creator of the website and he says stuff like that all the time, from what I have seen of him on Bit on the Side.
- I'm inclined to agree with the poster at R109 and the rest. If you want to read it as a conspiracy you can excuse anything, but to be honest, it does seem to stack up looking back at the hints there have been - and they've not all been obvious.
I wouldn't go as far as to call it a beautiful relationship.
Henry Holland didn't have to tweet about it; and the tweet feels more like a statement than a joke or trying to cover anything up. If he's been seeing the gossip, maybe he wants to set the record straight, so to speak.
Either way at this point I think the idea of Harry and Nick being together is just that; a nice idea, but there's nothing substantial to it.
It fits in with what my mate knows, so.
Re Holy Moly - the fact that in an X Factor interview with the brand behind it thery allowed him to say that says to me they don't care. I think they'd care more if this was a carefully set up conspiracy; especially with the reaction people are having towards it.
I'll be happy to be proved wrong, truly, but I don't think he'd mix Tom, Lou and Lux with a PR project.
- Nick mentioned Haylor on his show.
- Links- u have really changed ur views on Nick and Harry these past few weeks, u use to think something was going on and now u dont at all?
- I've been unsure about Harry and Nick for longer than that. I was still questioning Harry's sexuality - and you can never say for sure someone you don't know is straight - but while "Haylor" has PR benefits, there seems to be something to it.
What did Nick say?
I am, as ever, happy to be proved wrong (especially in this instance, trust me).
- Well it does seem when there's multiple rumors about a celebrity and girls then it turns out not to be a massive conspiracy to cover up the gay.
Regarding Nick/Harry not doing a good job of "hiding" anything though - they don't really have to do they? Most people seem dead set on Harry being straight and you've got people like Chase Crawford bringing boys to events and most non media people think he's straight. And Matt Bomer - most people I know would insist he was straight even when he was getting papped out with Simon's kids.
Henry didn't have to tweet but would he go out and buy two magazines just to clear up a rumor? I think it's more likely he picked up two fashion mags and went for the joke not with the intention to confirm or deny anything in my opinion. It's all over the papers and the television and he must have found it ironic/humorous that he was picking up those two during all the rumors and it might have already been commented on that day. I doubt he'd tweet about them "banging" as a way to clear up rumors when they're trying to stay relatively mute on the dating rumors.
- It was amusing that he insisted on comparing Haylor to Grincham, R125, haha.
Links, I understand what you're saying, but I'm not at all convinced, regardless of whether Harry and Nick are together or not. Harry and Taylor have hardly been in the same country all-year-round. They did not look like two people completely at ease with each other as they should be if they've been dating for a while...
If they hadn't seen each other for two weeks wouldn't they spend their time alone or most of it? Instead they go somewhere incredibly public and get hundreds of photos taken apparently?
Lou and Tom would want to help Harry however they can and in the end so much of what 1D does is PR, what is a little stroll in the park? They can always say in the end that they're just friends and nobody will have really lied.
- Here's the Taylor post.
Links - what do you think about the pap comment, the TMZ video, and the rumors that Conor was at MSG and the after party?
- Harry said himself, if he was ever to get into a relationship he felt was relatively serious he would try to keep it out of the spotlight. Taking a walk through Central Park is not exactly discreet.
Although, I don't feel H/T is anyway a cover up for his sexuality or N/H just seems like PR for album sales.
- He said he'd *begin* it out of the spotlight and that he liked someone. Chances are they decided they liked each other enough to make it public. Like someone said, Zayn and Perrie went public in the same fashion. But I agree, the distance will be an issue. It may be more about the thrill of the chase for Harry, as I remember reading that he likes that. I guess we'll see.
- I believe Harry/Taylor is PR, me and my mother were watching TMZ together went they did the Haylor part even my mother said it looked a lot like PR and she does not care about either person so that is an indifferent opinion.
- He said he would start the relationship out of the spotlight - which by all accounts he did, because only recently has this become public knowledge.
Just because a news outlet says something, it doesn't mean it's true? No one would believe the Daily Mail saying they're dating; but you read something into TMZ saying they have no chemistry? It's just a conflicting view.
I agree that walking out in Central Park works for publicity; but why does this mean it's not real? They could have done it alone and not taken Lux etc. But they were obviously comfortable enough to go with them.
I have no idea whether it's true that Connor was there and it depends where the information comes from. The fact that he might have been proves nothing.
What was the pap comment, sorry? Is this the deleted tweet or something?
I feel like the whole thing has been set up very deliberately to allow Harry to have a girlfriend and I think that's why it's coming across as very publicity-orientated.
Also, this does fit in with what I was told, so there's that.
Either way, whether or not it IS just for publicity and there's nothing behind it, that doesn't change the fact that for me, the Harry and Nick thing seems to be a dead end. I really liked the idea of it, but it looks like they had an intense period of hanging out as friends and now they're back to work and not seeing each other so much. Nothing they've ever done is "incriminating"; for me, it feels like I read something into it that wasn't there.
Regarding rumours; someone already said, people will gossip. And once a rumour starts going around, it tends to gain more and more credibility from the people spreading it.
- So, when did he begin it, when she had a boyfriend for most of the year? What he said was just last month...so meeting up backstage at X-factor was enough time out of the spotlight?
I can't buy this. I'd be more willing to buy that there is actually another girl he's actually interested in and hiding, than Haylor. I don't believe that though because I think the whole Cosmo thing was part of the PR plan.
Like others have said, this may be just PR for the albums and the bearding is just a bonus if at all.
- I would maybe buy "Haylor" if it weren't for the timeline being so messed up (and the continued focus on Conor Kennedy).
To me it seems like the stuff we got from Beiber months ago was the same as what they did with Niall/Demi - just linking them for PR with the potential of doing more later (there was even a BI and note: it was also linked to xfactor) but that seems to have fallen through for one reason or another. And same with Taylor - they started it off with Beiber but then Taylor got with Conor and it put a hold on it.
Then to me it seems like they decided to do the PR with Taylor post her "break up" with Conor because it coincided with the albums and tours but afterwards a bit so they can control the rumors more since they aren't doing as much press and they already had the set up. October is when we got the switch to "Harry is not a womanizer", the cosmo interview, the teen awards, and the late late show interview. And from there it's been systematic textbook PR set up.
Someone mentioned some more subtle stuff so please post if you think there was something less obvious.
- 132- my thing is when did they have time to start a relationship, they have barely been in the same country at the same time over the past year?
- R132 - They could only have been dating for two months maximum and of that they couldn't have spent more than a week together in person.
The cosmo interview where he liked someone meant prior to that he could only have seen Taylor at the teen awards since she broke up with Conor and he spent the whole weekend she was there with Grimmy. Then post that they could have seen each other once when he passed over the necklace (and maybe not even then since the first pap pics we have of her in London are the day that Harry left but I suppose she could have gotten there under the radar) And the next time was the xfactor date which immediately put it in the PR spotlight.
- Harry, Niall, Taylor, and Ed singing karaoke at the after party.
- Also - them bringing along Lou/Tom/Lux was probably so that they could continue the "are they/aren't they" rumors. Just like when Ed went with them to dinner that night. They can pass it off as "just friends" if they want to in the future while still getting all the couple PR.
I do want to mention that I'm still at the same place - the Haylor thing doesn't convince me more or less about Harry's possible involvement with Nick but it does stink of PR.
Further information about Harry/Taylor might convince me in the future but right now I'm not convinced it's more than PR
And Beiber saying Taylor thinks Harry is cute back in the day is just general tabloid fodder. Today I saw articles about both Miley Cyrus thinking Zayn is cute and Ke$ha thinking Harry is cute.
- They mentioned all the less obvious things. The way he's been acting, his band's concern with his reputation, that thing with Zayn in the one interview was a dead giveaway. You're only looking at media clues and not clues from Harry and the band themselves.
If Harry and Taylor liked each other before and it didn't work out, and then things didn't work out with Taylor and Conor, it would make sense that around the beginning-middle of October, Harry would start to make a go for it. It's also possible she broke up with Conor for him if she liked him before. Makes some sense.
- Mm, I'll agree the timeline is sketchy; but her dating Connor Kennedy doesn't eliminate him trying to get her on side (see: likes the chase etc.).
Honestly, I couldn't tell you anything concrete. I've heard they've been seeing each other from my friend (which would imply that either Taylor cheated on Connor; that they read seeing each other into Harry trying to "court" her; or that the Connor Kennedy relationship was never the real deal - were there ever any rumours on that?). Other than that, the whole thing just feels like a bit of a culmination of factors - which could well be orchestrated for PR purposes only, or could be orchestrated to have a non-single Harry as smoothly as possible.
The interactions this weekend, while they have had PR benefits, have had a real aspect to them. I would find it quite uncomfortable to think that Lux had been dragged into a PR venture; and I don't think her parents would really want to use her in that way either. If they're not close, why have her up on stage at the after party of your biggest gig yet doing kareoke with you?!
Maybe I've been PR'd, though, I don't know.
- Around the very end of this interview Harry says he wouldn't date a fan. Trying to impress someone?
- Q- I would consider the band part of the PR...others may not of course. Nothing that seems to coincide exactly with the Haylor push is particularly convincing for me personally.
They could have made a go for it then, yes, but why go public so quickly and aggressively if they're trying to see if it works this time?
- I think you could probably explain anything away - and I'm kind of being devil's advocate here - but there's always been attempts by Harry to move away from the "womanizer" image. There were the rumors awhile ago about Harry's mum looking into suing 1D's management/PR about the way they were handling his image.
And it seems to be only Zayn who's been defending Harry - not the rest of the band. Louis continued to make his sly digs about Harry. So it's possible that the "settling down with Taylor" PR allowed them to clean up Harry's image a bit and to say he's not a womanizer.
I did see the "Taylor cheated on Conor" rumors but that might just be because the Harry rumors started prior to the announcement of a break up between the pair. At the time I remember thinking that maybe Taylor getting with "womanizer Harry styles" was a way for her to get her heartbroken and restore her innocent image.
I think suggesting that Lou/Tom wouldn't get Lux involved is a case of forcing your morals on someone else. They've let her into the spotlight and continue to post pictures of her to twitter (which I wouldn't personally do to a child because of the weird fangirl obsession with her).
There's a rumor that Harry and Taylor left the after party together so we'll see if anything comes of that.
- Links - The impression I got from Lou, Tom and Lux tagging along is Harry may have felt more comfortable going for this quite public outing with someone he knows. If this is major PR and they were told to go out into public together it may be quite an uncomfortable thing for him to do? I don't know, just my take on this. Or maybe they already planned to go to central park and the zoo and it was suggested Taylor tag along? Lux is in the spotlight and featured on the Daily Mail regularly, if a PR stint really bothered Lou and Tom i'm sure so would the paparazzi constantly taking pictures of her.
- I agree, J and R146, Lou and Tom don't seem to have any issues with Lux getting photographed and a stroll in the park is quite harmless, even if it's for PR.
J, I don't really think that them leaving together or separately points towards PR or not. I think you can explain it as real or as PR whether they left together or each one alone in the current context.
- The band is not anyone's PR. They've never played into any of that, all they do is tease each other about crushes. Anyway here is what I think 109 was talking about. In this video starting at maybe 1:03 after they're asked who's free and Harry says he is, Zayn and Harry make fun of the word and Zayn says "free-eeee!" like Taylor song when she sings "wee-eee!" Which he's made fun of before for different reasons. Louis' ears perk up and Harry stops and smiles and the both look at him and Harry hits Louis and smirks at Zayn and it's so obviously genuine, and not in the sense that they're laughing at the rumour and he looks embarrassed, it's teasing and he's telling them to stop but he's happy about it. But it's not obvious unless someone tells you to look for it. His reaction is a big clue in my opinion, and Zayn seems so amused. I think Zayn really pushed for this.
I'm glad I'm finally able to share this without being alone. I don't even like Taylor much.
- If Harry and Taylor is a genuine relationship then they're kind of setting themselves up to fail aren't they?
They've both got massive world tours coming up and I really think the band-aid effect would have worked best with 1D fans - if you're ready to go public just rip it off. Not confirming or denying didn't work in terms of protecting Caroline from hate.
We've got the Letterman interview Thursday (airs friday) but are there any interviews scheduled before that?
- Not everything is PR, though. There's always the chance she went with them because Harry likes her; she's at the party because he wants her there; they left together because he wants to spend the evening/night with her, kiss her goodnight, whatever it is they do.
You're insistent on everything having a PR benefit and while sometimes it does, PR is often a spin on an already present situation.
Let's be honest, at this point in time exactly what evidence is there that Harry's gay/bi except for the vibe some people get from him and the fact that his image as a "womaniser" was plugged hardcore? Neither of those things make him gay/bi; they're tactics used in some cases, but other than that we have a smattering of rumours and one case of a boy saying he was with him (nothing supports that he was).
- To add to that, consider this is the age of social media. Jaymi from Union J basically had to come out because there was so much evidence online that he couldn't get rid of. If Harry had any real gay history it would have been very easy to come by, especially because their fanbase is the generation of social media. You can then argue that he only just decided he's gay, but that tends not to be the case.
- We actually already discussed this video somewhere, R148.
I don't really see it as meaning anything, but I can understand that some might.
This would bring me back to his reaction about fanfiction and Nick at the teen awards though, which I would see as quite similar...so is he dating or interested in both?
- Exactly Links, not everything is underhanded and sneaky in the business. Sometimes what people do naturally becomes an asset. Justin and Selena, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears are examples. Sometimes we look for conspiracies where there's actually no good evidence of any. Harry and Nick are probably very close friends. It's great that Harry is open minded enough to be best friends with an older gay man. Why can't we appreciate that?
Your friend may have meant that he had been Talking to Taylor or had liked her for that long or that maybe they had something and he was still hoping to get her back. I'm assuming he told you this after her breakup with Conor. Harry seemed to perk up a lot around mid October.
- I think that one was just pure awkward embarrassment.
- R151, there is what a four-year-difference between the age Harry got famous and Jaymi did? That is quite a lot of time for a history to develop, especially at that age. Jaymi also had a boyfriend before getting famous. That may be the difference.
I agree that everything about Harry could be rumours as well of course. I guess it's a matter of which rumours you are more likely to believe. I'm generally less likely to believe rumours told by the press in general and I don't even only mean when it comes to celebrities.
- I'm definitely not saying that Haylor being false makes Harry gay. I think it's different situations. It's just the timeline with Haylor is so weird!
Look at it this way - this is what would have had to happen.
1. Taylor and Harry hook up (either at the VMAs or the Teen awards) potentially cheating on Conor.
2. If it's the VMAs then they don't see each other again until the teen awards where Harry spends the friday she is there working all day and then with Nick in the evening - sleeps at Nick's house and then spends all Saturday with Nick. If it's the teen awards they had to have hooked up either Saturday after the Xfactor (Taylor swift booty call?) or after the teen awards before Nick stays over at Harry's.
3. Potentially a reboot of interest held earlier (that supposedly ended because of a confirmed tabloid commercial where Harry kissed a girl) they then proceed to text and skype for a month.
4. This was enough for perpetually single Harry to profess his interest in a girl to a huge magazine, for his PR team to back down on the womanizer image, for him to stop going out with his friends who are girls (minue Savannah who we know he spent time with but wasn't papped).
5. Harry maybe gets to see Taylor for a day or two max before leaving for America (no more and likely less than that as I mentioned she wasn't papped until the day he left) - enough that they agree it's time for them to agree to ease into a public relationship. She wears an identical (or wears his) necklace - his iconic paper plane - while getting papped in London.
6. Harry flies out to LA to see her (and write with Snow Patrol?) and they go to Xfactor (which happens to be Simon Cowell's show) where there will be plenty of extras around who might tweet about it.
7. They have a very papped outing in London to further confirm their relationship.
- Q- I disagree, but that is all a matter of interpretation.
- Well the fact is there are no significant gay rumours about him. You're explaining their absence to prove they exist. Just because they're not there doesn't mean it isn't true... well yeah. But what DOES mean it's true? Nothing! We have more evidence that it isn't true than that it is. Much more. And now you want to say everything we've ever heard about him from the media and his past friends and records is less reliable than some rumours from small time gay media gossips?
This is when you have to step away.
- I agree u cant really compare Harry and Jaymi, he is 4 years older and he was in a 3 year relationship before x factor.
- My guess would be Harry and Taylor almost happened a few months ago but didn't, maybe because of his reputation. Then he talked to her a bit again starting maybe at the Teen Awards. Once she broke it off with Conor he seriously went after her. He had already started to change. They probably talked a bit for a while, saw each other when he was in LA last and decided to genuinely give it a shot. This weekend is when they decided to come out with it. Their people were ecstatic and used it to their advantage. This is a complete theory but it seems logical enough.
Sounds like a great chase for him to me.
- Oh, I don't think there's any chance they'll last very long, what with her history and both their tours and his supposed penchant for having intense crushes and getting over them quickly.
- R158, my default is to take ANYTHING the media says with a mountain of salt.
I am not saying the tweets are more reliable, just that there is less of an obvious agenda behind them and I, personally, am inclined to believe them more. I am not saying I am right and others may have less reason to disbelieve the media and that is their right.
I just don't buy Haylor. Harry may not be gay or bi but I still don't believe he is with Taylor. Like J said, maybe "evidence" will emerge to change my mind, but right this moment it just seems too deliberate.
- To add: I've seen this a lot on the thread- we've got no proof that Harry "likes the chase" as all the girls he's been linked to seem to fall completely into his lap - no chasing involved.
The "older woman" thing could be interpreted as him going after more difficult women but actually it often implies letting them do all the work with them chasing.
- Nick just said on his show he got a friend into the 1D concert at MSG! I love how he has the power to get someone into a 1D concert.
- You are inclined to rely on them more because they support your ship. You are biased. I am unbiased in this situation as of now and I'm going with what makes sense. Gossips have an agenda and that's called attention.
- The media's agenda is to get the story first
- R165 - You've just outed yourself as a fangirl by referring to a rumor as a ship and therefore not unbiased.
I'm still wondering how Conor falls into this. Seems like a harsh move to have maybe been with Harry but when she lost him got together with Conor only to maybe cheat on him or just straight away get together with Harry and then flaunt it in the media a month after their break up?
And then Conor goes to see the boys at MSG? And maybe the after party?
- Did I say I was unbiased? The fact that I said my default is to disbelieve the media immediately means I'm biased.
You sound quite biased yourself, I might add.
Anyway, believe what you want and I will do the same...that is still allowed isn't it?
- Links, I've always valued your views and still do but I'm quite surprised at how quickly they've changed? Only a week ago you seemed convinced it was PR. All I can see that's happened since then is a couple of ridiculously obvious 'public dates' Par for the course with any PR'd relationship. I expect to see many more! I agree the last 6 weeks have been about prepping the public for a 'Harry GF' but not a real one! Still, your view is your view so fair enough.
To me, it's still quite clearly, PR/Bearding. The first Taylor news, the explosion of H/N chatter via twitter/press and their sudden dissapearence ALL happened at the same time, mid October. I don't think this is a cooincidence. Since the Taylor circus began, both the 1D fans and the press have completely stopped talking about H/N....
I don't believe 'Haylor' for 3 reasons:
1, Boybands are a business. The most popular member publicly dating is never going to be the most desired option. There has to be a reason behind it.
2, 'Haylor' is too staged and too rushed. The Cosmo comment was odd, particularly the 'she's not my type' part (anticipation that people wouldn't buy it?) The OTT stunts like the necklace? Harry choosing Swifts song? the X factor involvement? There is no evidence to suggest H/T were dating before this (Yes, Links friend thinks they are but another of Links friends saw H/N making out and another claims that H/N have been together since last year) And if they had been dating so invisibly, why not let them carry on that way? They are both touring soon so it's not like there is suddenly the opportunity to have a proper relationship that would require them to come out in the open about it?
3, There is too much to support the view that H is interested in guys and has been involved with N. Yes, if you want, you can dismiss it ALL as lies, gossip but really, what actually suggests these 'rumours' aren't true? The 'gossip' reflect's their behaviour. The 'rumours' have been circulating long enough for connected people to establish their validty. And, whilst much could be put down to chinese whispers, a significant proportion is specific enough and from sources that are direct. For these tweets not to be true, the tweeter would have had to make it up. The odd person may do this, but ALL of them? What are the chances?
I've seen so much, over such a long period to support H&N that a sudden 'media friendly' romance advertised by the Xfactor/Syco isn't going to change my mind.
I expect we'll have a good few months of stories, pics, Harry will probably stay out in the US for a few days to spend 'quality' time with Swift. But this is standard any PR'd relationship (the aim IS to make it look real afterl!) I'm just going to ignore it until the inevitable 'split'!
- I've outed myself as knowing what a ship was and knowing that you are all shippers and tinhats, whether you're "in fandom" or not. I am not a fan girl, nor do I carry on like one, so you can give up that angle.
- L Girl, you've said all of these things time and time again, and it never gains any more ground. If you're so convinced, let it lie.
As for boy band popular members being single, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears were huge. Joe and Nick Jonas were never single. Justin Bieber is like a one man boy band and has been hooked up for almost two years. A high profile relationships is better than the lead seeming single.
- But despite Joe and Justin's continued relationships they both have more gay rumors than Harry. So being single is great (see: Niall) unless you're rumored to be gay (whether or not any of them actually are gay)
For me, I've mentioned before. It's Sam's Call or Delete that's the most convincing "evidence" we have toward Harry not being 100 percent hetero. And that call to me suggested that Harry's interest in the same sex is a recent thing (it even suggests that maybe Sam has considered Harry's interest in men without him having said anything directly to her)
Also the Jonathan Pierce rumors didn't seem to circle far enough for it to count as chinese whispers. So I think the fact those exist count for something.
R171 - It makes sense for her to add her two cents in and to rehash the reasons why she continues to believe Haylor is fake. It makes less sense that some of these 100 percent Haylor believers are lingering around the thread.
- Did someone actually say there have been no gay rumours about Harry?!
What do you call a year's worth of talk from the general public and every corner of the entertainment / media industry about Harry sleeping with Nick and being Gay/Bi?!
I just can't get my head around why people think this is all made up? It makes no sense at all? (I've lost count of the tweet I've seen about H being 'confirmed' a gay or with Nick)
Only yesterday, a London Uni student tweeted that her gay best friend had 'a thing' with Harry and that 'he wasn't even that good' Yes, she might be 'lying' but if every single piece of info that suggests H is gay or with N is going to be dismissed as a lie or rumour, there is probably no point mentioning this stuff anymore.
I'm not invested in H/N. I only wanted to find out if H was still dating Flack. If he was dating Swift, I'd be pleased as it means he's obviously not with Flack but I just find 'Haylor' laughable, regardless of any other rumour.
- When Joe and Justin dated their girlfriends they did not have gay rumours. Justin Timberlake doesn't have any substantial ones anyway, kind of that everyone is gay attitude.
I don't believe 100% and I didn't want to believe at all, but recently it just started to make too much sense. If you're suggesting we're "sent" or something, you're delusional. Like we've all said, the gay rumours are not a big deal or there would have been a real effort to stop things like beard jokes in x factor-related interviews.
- R171, yes, because it's what I believe. I'm hardly going to change my views for 'variety' ?!
It just all seem so obvious to me.
- Anything worth a damn, L Girl. But you're thoroughly convinced. I'm not sure if this is a forum for debate or to keep reminding yourself of why you think this is all true. You see some things as conrete evidence, some of us don't. Fair enough.
- If Harry was gay and so brazen about it as we've been led to believe by these very reliable tweets, it would have come out by now. Photos at the very least. Just like the audio and video that came out of Zayn and then Harry and Zayn setting up their girls for the night. Those got out without getting through any management. I have a hard time believing something major wouldn't have come out by now.
Going to bed GN
- R174 Not suggesting you're sent by anyone! Just that we've been occasionally invaded by "OMG HArrY can'T be GaY" fangirls.
I didn't mean Justin Timberlake - just Joe and Justin Beiber. And there were plenty of rumors about how Joe and Demi was for PR and everyone knew it but Demi. Plus you had all the rumors of Taylor being a beard when she dated Joe. AND of course the rumors that Nick Grimshaw once gave Joe a blow job at an event.
The Beiber rumors are less substantial of course and I'm sure almost entirely grounded in the fact his fanbase is young girls and that he's not really been rumored to have slept around but instead has chosen to be monogamous with Selena.
But again I don't think that Haylor is meant to be a beard (if she was than that's backfired) but mostly a PR stunt for the albums.
- R176, I see nothing as 'concrete evidence'
I just look at everything I've seen over the last year and weigh up the probability of what's most likely.
Everything points to H being interested in guys and having been involved with Nick (or possibly Flack)
I've not change my views as I've seen nothing that conflicts with them. If I do, I will.
- Ha Ha, didn't take much to PR you lot!
- rolling my eyes at 180.
- Well there aren't exactly many photos of him with women either, Q... that were not taken out of context anyway, except for Caroline and now Taylor...the rest had people cropped out, things like that. That also doesn't mean that there aren't real stories, but we have little evidence other than the media telling us so.
- Yup, R180. I guess it's working after all, at least on some. We've been brought up to believe what we see and it's hard to resist sometimes, even if it is clearly what we're "supposed" to see.
- I'm not a fan girl, and if your only reason for saying that is that I might believe in Haylor, come on.
I'm not after Harry so is sexuality doesn't affect me. I would like to see him happy and it appears as thought he *might* be finding a way to do his job and have the freedom to be with someone and be himself all at the same time. Taylor has a pretty healthy attitude about being a celebrity and won't expose herself to any hate, so in a way it could work perfectly.
Again, my concern is for Harry to be happy and he's seemed quite happy lately. If your concern is for him to be gay or not with Flack, so be it.
- As a side note: if anyone was worried that Nick/Harry aren't still friends he was messaged by Devonte Hynes about getting tickets to the 1D show last night - and Nick managed to easily secure tickets for him. From the story he told he didn't even seem to think it would be an issue at all to get the tickets day of though he did request lunch with Beyonce in return.
I'm not saying this implies a relationship but I think certainly they're still close friends - not just a dead end like some have suggested.
I looked up the tweet you mentioned L-Girl I think and it's very interesting! The girl straight out states she hates 1D at one point and that's another guy that Harry's been linked to other than Nick.
- R184, I'm only 'concerned' with knowing what's true? I couldn't care less if Harry is gay or not.
I just think 'Haylor' is PR. I thought that last week and I've seen nothing this week to change my view.
I work in the Media industry and probably more sceptical than you and others as a result.
- I doubt Harry would be brazen in public with women, either, and groupies get their phones confiscated. Groupie 101.
- L Girl, I work in the media industry as well. I know how things work, how people are branded, and that things are often exaggerated once they get into outsiders' heads.
- R184 - you're getting very defensive about what was intended as light hearted banter. And that's lovely that you want Harry to be happy but not really relevant as believing he's in a relationship with Taylor doesn't guarantee his happiness. It's his life - I'm not going to bother him about it directly - but my speculating isn't making him less happy.
And I've said multiple times that I don't think Haylor being false means that Harry is gay. I just haven't completely bought into their relationship.
From my experience/knowledge a good 80% of relationships in young hollywood that exist between two celebs (or quasi celebs) are fake for one reason or another. So naturally I'm going to be suspicious of every "relationship" straight off the bat. Especially ones that are this textbook. It could be part of that 20% that are real but I start with a negative assumption because, well, probability.
- J, I see so much stuff like this but don't mention it as people just write it off as baseless rumours.
Looks like it's just you and I that still think something has gone on lol!
- R184, we are just going to have to agree to disagree then!
- To get us out if this endless circle of arguments, does anybody know if Harry has asthma or is this maybe for a cold or allergy or something? I'm pretty ignorant on the subject.
- I'm still with you there, L Girl and J!
- R190 - you should post more of it! I take it with as much of a grain of salt as anything but it's nice to have an idea of what's being said even if it is just invented.
I'm not 100% sold on Harry's sexuality. My theory- based on the timing of the rumors and Call or Delete he seems to have started questioning his sexuality in the past year and the rumors of him with girls since then have been rather shoddy. Not saying him and Grimmy are "totes in love" but evidence seems to suggest they've hooked up - multiple sleepovers at Nick's house when we know Nick only has one bed? And not even after nights out on the lash like when Fincham and the team slept over.
But like I said - I'm suspicious until proven otherwise so it will take a bit more to convince me of either Harry's sexuality or Haylor. When the Haylor rumors started up I basically predicted everything that's happened so far - that's how textbook it is.
- R193, yeh, that's 3 of us then!
I know I sound insistent in my views on 'Haylor' it just seems so obviously fake to me that it's hard to comprehend opposing views (although I accept they exist)
I've seen enough to concluded that H is likely not straight and has been involved with N & other guys. Nothing will come out in the press (particularly if there is an injunction) and we'll likely be fed copious stories like Haylor until 1D's career is no longer dependent apon H's image. I'm personally paying them little attention.
And for the record, I'M NOT saying the above is 'FACT' just what I personally have concluded to be the most likely situation. That's my last comment on Haylor as it's just a silly stunt IMO.
- I agree with J, L Girl. I'd love to see those tweets too, just to get an idea:).
- I don't think Haylor is real from what I've seen so far. It appears to all have been set up.
I am more inclined to believe the tweets, articles hinting or stating who Harry has been seen with for over a year rather than than this.
- I also think Haylor is a load of BS so there are a few of us.. We'll see who's right eventally I guess...
- Another thing though, why are people saying it must be real because Lou & lux wouldn't get imvolved, the boys wouldn't get involved, Henry Holland wouldn't get involved in something fake?
Are you joking. You really think close friends and colleagues wouldn't help out make a PR exercise look real when it's to help out a friend?
- Of course most of the people in here won't believe in Haylor... I was in here originally because I was interested in Nick/Harry... I just eventually decided I wasn't convinced. Carry on, because most of you are on the same page.
- I wish people would stop twisting my words. I am not saying it MUST be real because Lou and Lux are involved, what I'm saying is, I associate his outings with that family as his down time and away from the public eye. So it's a shame if that's been dragged into publicity territory for the simple reason of album sales and/or covering up Harry's sexuality. I'm not saying it's impossible; I would just like to think that despite the publicity element, there was some benefit to Harry personally (by which I don't mean "bearding" him) in there.
L Girl - you listed three sources of information from me, I only have two. The friend who told me he knew Taylor and Harry had been seeing each other for a year (by which I think they may have meant early this year); and the person I don't know who claimed to someone I do know that they saw them kiss in a gay bar. I don't think it's surprising that I would be more likely to believe my own friend. That's a bias.
Yeah, my opinion has changed pretty quickly. I'm surprised at it myself. I don't think Harry and Nick's friendship is a dead end, though, as someone seemed to assert I'd said; I think the possibility of them being involved right now is pretty moot.
I really don't like Taylor Swift (I certainly don't think she has a healthy handle on relationships) so yes, hopefully it will just fizzle out because of the tours and I can consider myself an idiot for thinking it was possibly true.
Things like the necklace do seem like duff moves. But little things keep nagging me about the whole thing. Looking at it, I know it should be straight PR, but something about that doesn't fit to me.
- Apologies Links, I thought a friend of yours had a friend in music PR who said that 'haroline' was PR and that N&H have been involved since November and that it was a known fact. That was the third one I was referring to!
- You weren't who I was referring to twisting my words, but I had forgotten that. Again, I don't know the person that gave the original information so I'm not in a position to say it was reliable/why he told her. Also I've since found out he was very drunk!
I'd love to go back to thinking it was happening, but I can't help but feel I romanticised it.
- So, I guess they are not going to go for the "are they, aren't they" version:
- Another one:
- I really want to like them as a couple but I don't feel they suit in the slightest, cara would have been so much of a better option. But I guess she's not as famous!
- haha, nice touch with wash bag! (they need to make ot clear he's staying the night lol)
- Haha, R207 ...I didn't even notice, but right you are...they're too much seriously, hahahaha.
- Poor Grimmy! And he is so crazily obsessed with this teen.
- Even if Haylor is a genuine relationship,is there really anyone in this world who actually takes Swift's relationships seriously?! No offence but the girl changes her man more often than her outfits! And i don't think she is unlucky with men; if she wanted a relationship to last she would if's not like she's lacking of anything.
Personally i dont think they'll last,they both have a demanding scedule coming up for most of 2013 and will barely see each other,if they are still dating this time next year i'd be hugely surprised.
Also some here tried to present Haylor as the fairytale love story?! With Harry the desperate in love prince trying to get his princess back and Conor as the poor boy who cant win her heart? Excuse me but that's just ridiculous! I dont know if their involvement is real or how much they like each other,you can never know such stuff anyway,but she did seem into Conor as much as Harry or any of her ex boyfriends so dont turn this into the lovestory of the century please.
As for H/N,Harry must be the way Nick got his friend Dev in the show so easily like he said on the Breakfast today; When Nick tweeted Dev to have fun at the concert last night,Dev replied and mentioned Harry in the tweet too,then Aimee replied too and wished him a good time at MSG.
- They didn't keep us waiting for the kissing pic long either, haha:
- R209 i dont think Nick is poor or crazy in love with Harry or any of the above; he might find him attractive and obviously likes him a lot as a friend but he seems happy with his life and he can obviously find a partner,i dont think he's sitting in s corner mopping; i do believe they were involved but in a very casual FWB way,i dont think there were romantic feelings in the way and there were rumors of Nick hooking up with a couple of models back in September so he's definitely not hanging over Harry.
Sorry if i sound harsh(?) i just dont like many of the comments i've seen(mostly on tumblr)where people feel sorry for Nick,there is nothing to feel sorry about.
- i saw the kiss pic on twitter last night. some people were saying they didn't think it was Harry. Is it definitely them?
- I'm not sure, R213, I just saw it now...maybe it's not?
- Also apparently Swift wrote a song for Harry called "come back,be here" which will also be her new single.
I dont know if this is seriously a thing or a joke or both combined!
- The full photo does make it look like it might not be them...I have no idea though
- I think the guy sitting to the right of Harry (or "Harry", idk), is Conor Maynard - so it might have been taken at the Teen Awards.
- I am pretty sure the boy pictured isn't Harry but i can't be completely sure,it doesnt look like him though,his hairstyle and all.
- R217 there was no after party nor they were papped going to a club at the teen awards so i find it unlikely? Obviously they could have gone unnoticed but i find it hard to believe someone took a photo of them kissing but there were no reports of them hanging out together etc and it must be an event thing because nor Harry or Taylor seem close with Conor to bring him along? He does seem like a third wheel there haha
And if it was at the teen awards then it means it was a month and a few days before Taylor breaks up with Conor,i find it hard to believe she cheated on him so openly and noone knew and they continued to be together,sounds like a brazillian soap opera to me!
Just because it's a blonde girl and a boy who appears to have curly-ish hair it doesn't mean it's them,it could be but i dont think so.
- PR, sweetie darlings.
- The picture was taking after a conor maynard gig in brighton in august. There are other pics of teh same night. The guy doesn't dress like harry either. I dount it's them. I'm pretty sure someome would have tweeted it at the time!!
- Thanks, R221.
- the gig was on August 1st. I'm sure someone on here knows harry and swifts movements to know if there were around then!
- If it's from that night then it's deff not them,Taylor wasn't in London at that time and Harry has never been to a gig of Conor,I think only Niall has sometime in the end of August because both him and Conor tweeted about it.So it's not them.
Regarding Holland's tweet; i dont think it means anything,anyone who "knows" Henry only a little bit must be familiar with his sarcastic nature and he does no favours,if he tweeted about it then it's obviously a joke i dont think he cares enough to clean up any rumors? After all he isnt bff with Harry or anything.
- I can't stand that hairdresser Lou Teasdale. It is so obvious that she wants to be a celeb herself and uses her daughter Lux as much as possible to accomplish this. Are you kidding???... she was probably salivating at the thought of the opportunity to walk through Central Park with Haylor!
She is always pimping out that daughter. It was extremely poor taste for her to dress up Lux in a matching football Jersey at Louis' charity game... the game wasn't about perfect little children, it was about very unfortunate children who are very sick or dying. I can only imagine how the parents of those children there felt, watching Louis and others parading around with perfect Lux as the "mascot" when meanwhile there was already an official mascot, one of the sick kids from Bluebell. But we never saw him did we?
That woman has no class and no couth. She should stick to her job and make herself useful... she can start by cutting Niall's bangs down a bit and bringing Louis' fringe back.
- Are you kidding ... ?
If they didn't hang out with them or play with Lux, then she wouldn't be papped. They obviously like her, her husband and the baby. She wasn't being pictured with Lux; the boys were.
I think you might have made a few assumptions about her class there. I've never seen anything that suggests she's "uncouth".
- There's definitely something wrong with Taylor Swift
- I dont think Lou is an attention seeker or chases the fame,she just happens to spend lots of time with Harry outside work.I personally find her rather irrelevant so i dont know much about her but from what i've seen she seems nice.She does post a lot of pics of Lux but she's a mother so i guess it's normal,my sister recently became a mother too and her facebook is filled with pics of the baby.
R227 she is just immature and acts like a teenager even though she is a grown up woman.I think her voice is nice enough but her attitude and her high school songs have turned me off.As for her relationships,i guess they would last if she stopped dating men for publicity which always happens around the time she has an album out.
- Wow, [R225] put your claws away! Lou and Tom are very sweet and low key, they are the opposite of celeb wannabes!
Lou has been around a long time in hair and beauty - do you think her friendships with Olly Murs and Caroline Flack are also for publicity? If anyone's desperate (and I say this in the nicest possible way) it's obviously Harry - he clearly hero worships Tom a little.
I don't really agree with how exposed Lux is, but I also sympathise - Lou travels everywhere with the boys and she doesn't want to constantly leave her baby and partner at home. We can all get that!
Stupid Famous People - the paparazzi video guys - have tweeted that Taylor set up fake 'boyfriend' shots with her past 4 'boyfriends' I think they would be well placed to know!
I don't know what to make of it. I was pretty sold on Nick and Harry, but in a casual sense. Maybe he's trying things with Taylor, but it seems too perfect for me, and the timings are dodgy. If they are legitimately together I would imagine she has cheated on Conor.
- Whether or not the relationship is false - I'm not sure how this is good PR for Taylor? Aren't her fans supposed to think she's innocent and virginal? Not jumping into bed with Harry a month after breaking up with Conor?
(This doesn't reflect my personal views but rather what I'd imagine her ten year old fans will think)
- N16: if you're ever in their company again and you can do so subtly, see what the industry guys who know that were so certain about grimmy and harry think about haylor? they're bound to have an opinion!
- J- this is why i think the story of her and Harry being interested in each other for a very long time is a set up; her fans will buy it and see it as her being reunited with her real love,i'm sure most of them didnt like or care much about Kennedy anyway and Harry is a much more appealing boyfriend.
And i agree with everything N16 said.
I still think H/N had something casual and i dont think i will change my mind on that,i'm sure stranger things than friends hooking up a couple of times(especially if drunk)have happened.
- I'll try my best! I'll actually be at an industry event this week where I might see one or two people. No promises but I won't shy away from the subject if it comes up!
- N16, well it's worth a try! can't believe that so many peole would be so certain if it was all crap? Some of these peole know grimmy. wouldn't they have just checked?
And, that sick chirpe thing did say that theor tip off was that haylor was all fake.
- I don't know if it's just wishful "Harry can't NOT be single" thinking on their part - but a lot of 1D fans on twitter seem to be convinced it's all PR.
If Taylor/Harry have been together than why not book her into the same hotel as the boys - and ED - and avoid pap situations like the one from last night?
And if the intention was to "ease 1D fans into the idea that Harry is taken" then the single day jump from chastely walking in the park not touching each other to the implication they're jumping into bed together seems a bit odd.
I haven't decided if I think the pictures are more or less of a determination that it's entirely for PR. I can't imagine why they'd set up another photo opp for the pair right after the after party rumors and on one of the biggest night of Harry's career but then there are paps waiting at 4am.
- I hadn't thought of the hotel thing...you'd think if they were really together it would make a lot more sense for them to be staying at the same hotel, I agree, J. Surely, their handlers would co-ordinate under those circumstances?
- I'm still sold on Nick/Harry. I think Harry is most likely bi, and his relationship with Nick is a friends-with-benefits sort of agreement. Seeing them interact during the Lads FM/Teen Awards weekend kind of closed the deal for me.
Right now Harry probably likes Taylor, they seem friendly and their relationships is great PR in theory. I mean, they are getting massive coverage, but it is making Taylor seem a bit desperate (and a cheater in people keep questioning the timing). And in Harry's case, sure it takes care of the "womanizing" image and any current gay rumours but for any guy, having a relationship with Taylor Swift comes with immediate "beard" talk.
I'm sure the rumours about Harry and Nick will continue. Tweets will keep coming as well as little hints from the press, but we will never get a confirmation. I just hope everyone is okay with the situation. Particularly Nick.
- Is the simplest explanation: Taylor/Harry PR scheme turned hook up?
- It's possible, J, but I don't really see that as the simplest explanation. I think either real or PR is simpler, not a combination.
- I also wonder how Nick feels in all this.
- Harry Styles @Harry_Styles
Last night was the best thing I have ever done. WOW
- I don't think Nick would care much - if it is PR it's got it's purpose and if it's real then he's apparently known for awhile (and would know if Harry is straight so I doubt he'd be hung up on him in more than a self-deprecating jokey way)
I am surprised that we haven't gotten any more rumors about Nick's hookups that have happened since he started the breakfast show and is now a bigger part of the rumor mill.
I suppose he's now limited with Aimee staying with him and the one bed thing.
- if the cosmopolitan comment, necklace, recent press story plants & the xfactor tweets etc.. were not PR but a way to get people used to a 'attached harry' why not just let them be seen together naturally over time like amy and niall and louis and el.
I'm sure fans would have got used to the idea of haylor far more easily than this. How can it NOT be PR
- J- i dont think we'll ever know but i do think Harry and Taylor are friends,i dont think they have anything more going on but even Ricky Martin for example has confessed that he liked the women he had a "relationship" with and didnt use them so i dont think it's unlikely Harry and Taylor to like each other but i dont think they are living a big romance like some want to present it,i dont believe in "love" in such young ages anyway but that's just me.
And before my words get misunderstood i am not saying Harry is gay or anything just that it's not impossible for him to like her without being into her/in love with her whichever wording you like.
And i am amused at how quickly it all escalated,from them denying their possible involvement and claiming to be friends,to holding hands and declaring their "love".Also i cannot ignore the papparazis/reporters claiming this relationship to be all PR.
- They've got about a week to plant a convincing storyline of pictures/rumors/outings before both are separated to the opposite sides of the world for who knows how long. Perhaps that explains the quick escalation? It's got to stand up even when people haven't seen them together in awhile.
- Aw c'mon Nick is fine! He isn't a poor school boy with an unfullfilled love!He is a grown up man who seems to be pretty content with his life.He has said it himself; as long as he has friends and family around then a relationship isnt that important.
If Harry is straight then Nick cant have anything more than a friendship with him and maybe a platonic crush,but apart from his occassional fangirling over Harry which can be easily taken as a joke then i dont think we have anything else to support the theory that Nick has actual feelings for Harry.
If they had/have some sort of involvement and Taylor is PR then he has been in the bussiness for way longer than Harry,he knows how things work.If there is truth to H/T then he must have known and why wouldnt he respect that?!
Let's not forget that he has apoarently hooked up with a model in September so he's not exactly waiting home for Harry,i'm sure he has had other hook ups too but he's a very private person so i'm not surprised we havent heard any more rumors.
- Taylor Swift is cohosting the Grammy nominations tomorrow in Nashville so is probably leaving sometime today / early tomorrow so that further explains the rush job with their story! Jumping from park to hand holding sleepovers in a day! (they like putting Harry with bags to secure the idea that he's staying the night don't they? Remember the infamous bag he had leaving Caroline's...)
And rumor is that 1D is on xfactor Saturday so will leave straight after the jingle ball.
- Yeah, that may explain how fast this seems to be moving.
They actually have another Jingle Ball on the the 8th in London as well.
- Harry this morning. Looking very pleased with himself.
To be honest, I'm confused and I don't really know WHAT'S going on or what I think about this thing, so I'm just going to sit back and see what happens. I don't think there's much point sharing any conclusions, because at the moment every time something new crops up it throws me.
For example, I find the showing them going into the same hotel together last night very odd; it doesn't play to Taylor's image (though it does play to Harry's), but for both of them, it's not a message I would think American parents want their young daughters and teens seeing.
Personally, I have no judgement; whatever they've done (if anything) that's fine. But the majority won't see it that way.
Anyway, yeah, I'm just going to reserve my judgements because every time I say something, something else will make me want to take it back or change my mind again. The whole thing both looks like PR and then doesn't in other ways.
- Is he carrying a computer mouse?
- I don't really see much of an expression there, Links, but as we've said, it's all a matter of interpretation.
- Either way straight people bore me to death lol
- But why would they leave by the front entrance within minutes of each other knowing that there were photographers waiting unless they were seriously making a point. The whole thing looks so set up it's difficult to believe it's possibly true.
- R249 - I agree. I'm reserving my judgement for now.
The hotel thing is odd on so many levels. I agree that American parents would not be okay with that image and whether or not Harry and Taylor are actually together the hotel was preplanned as Harry had both the shirt he changed into for arriving, plus the one he carried for the morning, and his wash bag.
I can't imagine his PR team letting him do this if Haylor is real - and when the boys are on 1D trips they seem pretty locked down so it seems like they must have given it the go ahead for some reason.
- Haha, R250 I didn't even notice that...I'm not sure it's a mouse, no idea what else it could be. Maybe it's an adapter or whatever it's called...
- Well they have to show as much of them as possible like others said,she is busy and he is busy and who knows when will be the next time we see them together so the more we see them together now the more "info" the papers have to work with and make it up for the time they will be away from each other.
I think the hotel thing was to "secure" any doubts that they are a couple,their walk to the park/dinner/after party could be seen as a friendly gesture especially since they werent alone but accompanied by Ed and other friends.Noone can mistaken them getting in a hotel together as something else though,right? And i am sure they could have avoided being papped if they wanted to.
I wouldnt read too much in Harry's expressions,he is generally a happy and polite person with natural charm and flirt as well as an intense look as many people who know him have pointed out!if i started analyzing his expessions i might as well believe the crazy larry stuff! (This goes for whoever said he has chemistry and looks smitten by Taylor).
- Another industry tweet; he's a publisher in East London.
- R251 I was joking, but please continue to take everything I say dead seriously.
R250 He's holding an iPhone charger ...
J - Entering and leaving via the front door doesn't really surprise me either way; celebs always do, because it's a chance for some press. And though it might look sus, it's not exactly negative. It's just a bit questionable.
I find the whole wash bag thing a bit weird ... why not just take a normal bag?! His big leather one is really nice!
I suppose the line would be that he just wanted to spend as much time with her as he could before they go their separate ways and possibly don't see each other for ... well, a long time. I'm not sure when they'd next have the chance to cross paths.
Out of interest, when she was writing with Ed, was this around any of the times when Harry "mysteriously" went to/stayed longer in LA?
- Also, has anyone seen the video where she tells a fan she thinks it's love, or something? Together or not, I think that's a bit much.
I'm really not a fan of the girl.
- Yeah... the idea behind showmances is to create a story. Look at all the cringey "the one who got away" stories that the tabloids were spewing with little to no evidence beyond a "source".
As I said Taylor is going to the Grammy's so they had very little time to flesh out this story. If she leaves today (or even tomorrow if she goes without seeing Harry) I'll be more convinced.
Day one - Romantic stroll in the park with another couple (Very similar to Taylor's walk with Jake and Maggie)
Day two - she goes to his after party and then they have their little sleepover. The classic waiting until the third date scenario if you count Xfactor as one.
(I'm constantly going back and forth on this PR vs. real thing.)
- Links I agree - too early to say if 100% PR or PR that turned into something more. I think now both are likely.
I will say I'm pretty convinced Harry's slept with Nick at some point in time though.
He's carrying a phone charger.
- Oops, apparently someone made up the subs, sorry! Apologies to Taylor, I guess.
- R258 - I'm pretty sure we've confirmed in the past that the times he went to LA she wasn't there (though I could be wrong) except for when he stayed longer after the VMAs (but he was confirmed to be staying with Cal and was seen around the area Cal lives in a lot) and then the xfactor thing.
- Links both times Harry went to LA she wasnt there; the first time she was at Nashville and the second one she was at Paris shooting her video and then stayed for fashion week.They have never crossed paths during those mysetious trips of Harry's in LA.
- Can someone fill me in on Taylor a little, sorry but I have no idea about her apart from witnessing a painful X Factor performance and hearing about her many boyfriends...
Is she a JoBro purity ring save-it-til-marriage type? I would find it really hard to swallow Harry dating a virginal type, especially given that his relationship with Caroline (which I believe to have happened, however brief) was APPARENTLY pretty much about sex
- Wow, Links, I was just responding not attacking you. You can always make the fact that you're joking a bit clearer. It often does not translate in writing. All I said is that sometimes people do really perceive things differently, not that one is right and the other is wrong.
- Ah, okay, I think we have discussed before, I was just thinking of the Ed connection.
I can see her more with Ed than Harry, to be honest. Their songs kind of match up, in a weird way; he writes about pining after exes and first loves and lost loves; she writes about people falling out of love with her and doing her wrong. Sounds like he's the piece to her puzzle.
I like Ed, though, as a person, and I think she needs to seriously grow up. So I wouldn't actually be happy with them as a pairing!
I find it difficult to believe it's PR turned into something more; just because the actual PR we've seen has been so short lived? If pictures of them had been showing up a few months ago, I'd say different, but the pictures are only showing up now. And there's only a couple that are old (and even then the resemblance to Harry is questionable ...). So for me, I'd say it's one or the other. I just can't really fathom which.
One thing I keep going back to is that some of it is just so clunky, surely they wouldn't orchestrate it that way? So is it perhaps just that for one reason or another, they've had to get the truth out in the open?
I've always wondered; is there NO chance that her relationship with Jake was real?? People don't even seem to consider it!
As for Nick ... I don't think he's pining away. However, a lot of people keep saying "he knows how the industry works"; yes, he does, but it's not really how the circles and his industry specifically works. Hipster bands and models and designers (and also, these days, radio and TV presenters) don't have to worry about sexuality in the same way that people in bands like Harry's do; and though he knows a lot of famous people, I can't think of anyone he's been linked with who's been in quite the same position (i.e. demographic, popularity, label- and management-wise) as Harry.
So in the context of "something was going on" and if you're thinking in the context of "it's fairly serious and possibly exclusive from X date" I don't think the bearding thing would go down so well. And I'm not sure many of his friends would look on the whole situation too kindly either.
That's just my thoughts though, I could be very, very wrong!
- Again, R266, I'm just being sarcastic; I'm not angry at what you said or what you think or anything. Sorry if it came across that way.
N16 - I was literally just saying this to someone, actually. I find it difficult to imagine someone who has had sexual relationships - and who by all accounts isn't shy about one night stands and hook-ups - to go back to having a celibate relationship with someone. And I thought that was her whole line. Didn't someone even post something like that earlier?!
Which makes him walking out of the hotel looking tired and peaky (my interpretation of course) even weirder.
- Thanks for the tweet, R257.
- No problem, Links, I'm generally cranky today I think.
- Taylor used to be 100% the virginal type - and all of her "relationships" were rumored beardings (ie Joe in his purity ring days and Taylor Lautner) until she was linked to John Mayer and Jake G when her lyrics got a bit more risque.
I personally think her relationship with Jake was real as 90% of the songs on her new album are about him and I don't think she'd do that if it was purely PR. Plus all the gay rumors thrown at Jake never seem to stick.
Maybe the sleepover is her attempt to "grow up" a little bit and get an older audience (by that I mean reclaim the 15-18 demographic). For the most part she still acts like she's a pre-teen girl and most of her fans are under the age of 15.
- Links - Whilst I normally would agree with you about Nick, I think in the light of the recent BBC scandal the idea of a 28 year old Radio 1 Breakfast Show DJ dating an 18 year old pop star would not go down very well in certain circles and would possible hurt his career more than Harry's, which both he and his friends would realise even if they didn't like it.
Am amused by his likening Haylor to Grincham (the faux relationship between him and his straight producer) on his show, and then answering a random tweet about hand holding. Can't help but think there's some comment there....
- Out of curiosity, (i'm not very informed on PR and the media industry) if this is a 'showmance' is it possible that Harry could have asked for it, you know, brought it up to his label maybe? Just to take the edge off all the rumours?
- [quote]most of her fans are under the age of 15
I think she's got more adult crossover appeal than you're giving her credit for (certainly more than 1D). I remember the New Yorker's Sasha Frere-Jones giving her extravagent praise, for example.
- R272, that has always been my view. I've heard of another big BBC entertainer possibly connected with JS story, which IF true, would be catastrophic for the BBC.
They're in a sensitive position right now.
- Could you give us a clue, L Girl?
- Well considering how bad the PR job was with the Ostily girl in Australia i am not surprised at the rather rushed H/T thing if it's all PR.
That one was so short-lived because of the photographer's tweet which Ostily retweeted and the discovery that she was actually engaged to someone,if these things havent happened then who knows how that would turn out?!
I dont think Swift is a blushing virgin either,maybe that's the image she wants to pass but definitely not the reality.I think her most "scandalous" relationship was with John Mayer though,many of her fans didnt like it at all and just like all the rest it was short-lived anyway.
She seems as if she wants to pass a new image,more mature and grown-up but unless she stops being immature herself things wong change.
- R274 - she's got cross over appeal in the country music circuit but for the most part her adult fans (unless they have children) aren't going to be bothered by who she is or isn't dating so the PR isn't going to be aimed at them.
Plus the teen demographic is the most sought after So my point was that a possible sleepover with Harry might be aimed to make her edgier for those teens - the same way her album is more pop (and wasn't there a slightly dub step song?) because country music was really big for a few years but has been losing it's appeal in recently - Lady Antebellum was the last country band I've really seen cross over to top 40 radio (minus that horrendous Red Solo Cup)
Taylor might be willing to shake off a few of the younger fans to continue to stay in the papers.
- R276, sorry, not getting involved in that story!
I will say the info came from my friends husband who works for a very reputable broadsheet, so probably reliable.
Links, apologies if I sounded critical of your change of views earlier. I agree, they should change if the info changes!
N16, I'm with you in so much as the one thing I feel sure of, is something happened between H&N regardless of any subsequent 'relationships' (real or fake)
- Marvelling at this thread's speed today! When I left for work it was at a-hundred-and-something.
This is classic Taylor Swift, is it not? Her "relationships" follow the same pattern - she is photographed with the boy/man in question, then the media start creating stories around this one set of photographs. When doubt begins to creep in (as she is no longer seen with said boy/man) another set of photographs crop up, usually with her leaning into said man or holding hands with him, cue another flurry of stories in the papers and magazines confirming the rumours. Then her PR people let it slip that the "relationship" has ended. Every one of her "relationships" has lasted no more than 2/3 months i.e. from the first set of photos to the leaked break up. Apart from Conor Kennedy, all the guys she's "dated" have had similarly busy diaries which explained away the fact that they spent most of the "relationship" in different cities/countries.
Whatever it is that drives Taylor when it comes to relationships, past behaviour suggests it isn't a desire for a long-lasting union, which means the writing is already on the wall regarding "Haylor". As someone who likes both parties it is a shame, with someone like Ed Sheeran who has steered clear of a showmance/fauxmance with her (thus far) better off in the long run as he can develop a real long-lasting platonic relationship with her. With Harry, fastforward to May (probably won't last that long) and there'll be fictional stories of awkwardness and reported attempts to avoid each other etc.
I adore Harry and really like Taylor, but let's call a spade a spade - these are no reclusive Joan Armatradings. They both love associating with famous people and are thus a match made in media heaven. Those of us who expected this as far back as April when Bieber said that Harry could have Taylor "if he wanted" are enjoying the spectacle and watching the next move with interest. I admit I didn't predict central park with a baby, but I suspected we'd get a holding-hands pic to "confirm" the rumours. Then little contact until the NRJ awards in France or the February Grammys. Harry may fly out to LA for a few days in December, but that'll be it. Until the "break up".
As for N/H - well, I still don't think they've ever had anything serious, but I don't think any of this confirms Harry's leanings either way. However the fact that people predicted months ago that Harry and Taylor will embark on a Very Public Relationship must justify people's scepticism? It wasn't just me - I remember this really funny girl from Minnesota on tumblr who had a "countdown to Haylor" on her blog. In May.
Finally, I agree with the person who said PR doesn't equal fake. Harry has one of the most successful female artists around "in lust" with him. Hell, I'd kiss and hold hands with Taylor if I heard she fancied me! I'm straight but I'd happily date her, if the end result is a mortgage-free house in Hampstead for my sins, like Simon Cowell's "girlfriends" get post-split. Harry, whatever his leanings, has everything to gain from this liaison and very little to lose. He may be a VIP to 1D fans, but to the world he's 1/5 of a manufactured boyband. Taylor Swift is a singer-songwriter who plays guitar and has won 6 Grammys. This is the celeb-dating equivalent of "marrying up"
Apologies if this post repeats what has already been said. In summary: I'm agreeing with most of you, I think :)
- I wonder if Taylor will announce a Grammy nomination for 1D tomorrow?
- How did that post end up so long?!
In other news - loving all the MSG pics, tweets and reviews! I think I'm slowly becoming a 1D fan! Resistance is futile! I blame Harry.
(Shame I don't like what I've heard of their new album. All "meh" songs)
- R281 - She's co-presenting with LL Cool J so maybe, maybe not.
I hope 1D get at least one nomination. Best new artist, best pop duo/group, best pop album, record/song of the year all possible. Don't think they stand a chance with album of the year. Pop album of the year an outside bet.
- NW3 - I'm with you on the worrying onset of a 1D fandom - I'm an indie Nick fan, this was never meant to happen! Still not too keen on their music though, so I suppose that's OK.
The thing which confuses me about Nick and Harry is that if they are only casual or FWB how do so many people, who are seemingly not personal friends, appear to know they are together?
- NW3 possibly an irrelevant question but would you like Ed/Taylor as a pairing then? Excuse me if i am wrong but this is the vibe i got from your post,i'm just interested because others have expressed a similar opinion.
- R284 - Yay, I'm not alone! Dammit, this was never meant to happen. I think I'm just having a "proud to be British" post-London 2012 moment. It'll pass!
I suspect the rumours originated from a combination of that Shoreditch house kiss that many people seemed to have witnessed (which may or may not have been platonic) and someone close to them letting something slip. This applies to both scenarios: if there's nothing, the kiss/cuddliness was just Nick and Harry being their tactile (possibly drunk) selves, and the thing that was let slip may have been misconstrued; won't be the first time.
I don't think there's anything out there that ever suggested a serious relationship between N and H - neither party seemed interested in this, which is the perfect foundation for something casual.
R285 - No, quite the opposite! I like Harry, Taylor and Ed, but Taylor isn't friends with any of her numerous exes, so in no time at all the post-break up awkwardness will begin between her and Harry. I'd much prefer if she became platonic friends with Harry like she seems to have become with Ed.
I like Taylor wirh Conor Kennedy, and I hope that's who she ends up with in the long run.
- NW3, haha, I am one of those that has been waiting for 'Haylor' since Beiber's comment! Particularly as the H/N rumours escalated.
Maybe that's why this hasn't changed my opinion on H/N (it's all playing out quite predictably so far)
- Okay NW3 thanks for replying,after those Ed/Taylor rumors which were expected anyway,many fans seemed to like them as a pairing which i personally didnt understand.
I think her relationship with Kennedy was the most honest one,this is the way i see it and i might be biased here but i do believe the rumors that they havent exactly broken up but it's more like a break since he is in much pressure with his studies and from what i understand his family is very strict with these things and didnt seem to approve of Taylor much.
- L Girl - Indeed! All too predictable, especially the "sneaking" out of the hotel with washbag and last night's shirt. Straight from the Cowell Manual of Relationships. At least they've spared us the couch jumping, although there's still the Letterman interview tomorrow to look forward to...
R288 - I feel the same, and I predict "Haylor" will be over long before the end of May which I gather is when Conor gets his long summer break from school (until september)
- So wow, he's "dating" Taylor Swift, that's pretty much the confirmation you fucking 1D stalkers needed. He's gayer than Richard Simmons Christmas tree.
- I just wish they'd done all this with a bit more subtlety. I guess we should thank them for making clear just how fake it all is and I shouldn't blame them for the rush with their busy schedules, haha.
- Pap is now saying nobody was tipped about Haylor arriving at the hotel together.
- L Girl and r290 the only sane ones here.
- The same pap that said the morning shots were not a tip off posted this an hour ago.
[quote]We just bumped into Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel walking around. :o)
and in reply to an incredulous responder.
[quote]Well, yeah, basically. ;)
- Now that I've thought about it the paps not having been called for the arrival pictures actually makes a lot of sense whether it's PR or fake.
The intention may have originally been to have him be seen leaving the next morning minutes apart from Taylor with his wash bag. So rumors would run rampant but there would be no direct pictures of the incident for parents to complain over.
Hand holding might suggest it's real but there's a picture before they held hands so they might have just panicked at the flash and Harry tried to "protect her" from the camera.
- That makes sense, J and would mean they didn't intend it to be quite as blatant as it turned out.
- I really dont believe the paps were NOT called for this,i would believe it if that person havent changed their story.
- there is a tweet by a girl talking about something her mum told her, mentioning Harry and an interview which took place in Finland. Have 1D been to Finland?
3rd tweet down.
May be nothing unless the mother does have inside info.
- It gets a bit dodgy when you're trying to explain things away though, no?
All depends on whether you believe the pap or not, I guess.
All we can really go on is what we've seen ... and nothing suggests they weren't holding hands? I may not have seen all the pictures, though.
I'd love for heat to do one of their body language analyses on them, though. I've always wondered what they'd say if they did the equivalent on H/N, just out of interest!
- R298 I think they may have done during that recent European press tour or they did some interviews in London with foreign press.
She seems like she's a Harry Styles fan but she also refers to Cara as Harry's Ex further down in the feed so I don't think she's a shipper or inclined to think that Harry's gay so I think she's probably actually relaying something - whether the interviewer who talked to her mum had actual information is undetermined.
- Here is one where they weren't holding hands yet, Links:
- R298 This sort of stuff gets made up all the time. How does her mum know about a girl in Finland interviewing them, when this girl lives in Scotland? Fair enough, maybe her mum lives over there, but how exactly did she talk to this girl. And how did the girl find out from Harry anyway!? I doubt he's shouting about how he's shagging Nick all around the hotel rooms and junkets of Finland ...
Not having a go at you, btw, just saying there's a lot of holes in things like this. And I doubt she'll be posting any more information. She'll want followers or retweets, most likely.
No idea if they've been there or when, though, sorry.
- R229 - they definitely were holding hands I just meant the first picture of them getting out of the car they aren't yet.
And them actually holding hands makes the most sense which is why I said it first but I provided the other option as well so people can compare and contrast.
- I too thought Nick comparing "Haylor" to "Grincham" was pretty funny, and maybe intentional. And the fact that he said nothing more was kind of odd for him as he loves to go on about popstars. His friends included.
I love that he goes on tumbr and knows pretty much everything the fans say and do and that he takes it so lightly. And I hope he realises that there's a lot of girls out there not even from the UK that stay up every night listening to him and lusting after him, even if they know he's gay.
I predict this "relationship", real or not, will be over soon, Nick and Harry rumours will keep surfacing and Taylor Swift's next album will be hilarious.
- Well, he is closing the car door. It'd look more bizarre if he was still trying to clutch on to her.
What I mean is, if the pap wasn't tipped off and they were holding hands, but this is PR - why, exactly?
Something's got to be not right and it's either that it's not real, or the pap actually was tipped off. So take your pick!
I'm not being aggro, sorry, I'm just saying in the end there has to be an explanation for it. And why would this guy say they weren't tipped off? Paps are tipped off all the time, it doesn't have to be for some fake relationship cover-up mission; it can just be for some straight up press.
R304 "lusting after him, even if they know he's gay" - I imagine it's a bit creepy! Most of the tweets and tagged Tumblr posts are.
However, did think the comment about Grincham/Haylor was interesting:
"Haylor is the new Grincham"
"Grincham's not a thing"
and repeat "Haylor is the new Grincham"
All depends on whether or not they know what they're implying.
- R304 that's the only thing for sure,like NW3 pointed out Taylor isnt seeking serious relationships and they are all short-lived.
Even if they were serious about it(which i dont think they are and im still not convinced it's not all PR)i dont see how it would work out seeing how busy they both are,they will eventually drift apart and put an end to it.
I think everyone awaits her new Harry-centered album more than anything,some of the posts about it on tumblr are pretty hilarious!
- 304 - and the fact that he rang up yesterday, on the evening of the concert (he didn't say whom he rang oddly) and got his friend onto the guest list was rather nice too. Not to mention the 15 1D hoodies he has at home (with the confirmation of their number from Fincham).
- R305 - sorry I didn't clarify that well did I? I meant that yeah it does seem more likely that they're holding hands just to hold hands but was comparing it to the alternative. (Personally I've never understood holding hands especially when it occurs straight after getting out of a car - maybe on a stroll or something but I don't get the point for such a short walk)
And my point about them not holding hands at first was just that they knew they were getting photographed before they held hands since the flash had already gone off when they got out. Not that he should have been grasping onto her immediately for it to be real.
Grimmy has to know what he was implying but maybe he was just going for the joke with the implication that Haylor isn't real? The tweet he replied to about him and Finchy holding hands was interesting in context of this as hadn't the hand holding Haylor pictures just come out?
- Nick and Jake G discussed Jake's real beard and Nick growing one for ages on the show last week, which is funny in relation to this, but is likely to have nothing at all to do with it at all.
- I agree with J,i dont understand hold handing in general but it seems to be something all the 1D boys do so why not Harry?
Whether the paps were paid or not these two must have known that they are being followed,it was expected after all,so i dont see how hand holding means anything at all? They obviously have to do such things if people want to buy this relationship! Personally seeing Harry holding hands made me laugh a little.
I think Nick knew what he was implying,why he did so it's unknown,it could be just a joke or it maybe he did want to imply that Haylor isnt real but unless we can read his mind i dont think we'll ever know!
- When 1D were in Sweden like a month ago there was a swedish radio station called "The Voice" that had an interview with them. A few days later they spoke about them on the radio. And one of the host said she knows which of them who is "the gay one". I haven't heard about anyone else who has noticed that. It's just vaguely mentioned in the end of the clip. I can't find the video now though. But the interview is named "swedish radio hosts in bed with one direction" or something like that. (Yes, the same one where you can see that Harry has a guy as background on his phone). The video is somewhere on their youtube-channel, like a month ago.
- That's interesting, thanks, R311.
- 311 - There is a link a couple of threads ago. At the time the Larry shippers were convinced it was Louis but the hair was too dark and the expression seemed to some people to look more like Nick, in the end I think everyone gave up as it was just not clear enough to work out who it was.
- R311 - there does seem to be a few general rumors about there being a gay member of 1D. Nicolo who was on xfactor with them also said he had heard recently that there was a gay one and said that he lived with them and didn't know at the time.
But that swedish interview was with Louis, Harry, and Niall. And a lot of non 1D fans just seem to assume Louis is gay because he's camp so it might just be that.
- this is the in bed video, so the other we are looking for is on their youtube channel?
- What if in a shocking turn of events - Niall is "the gay one." He's only been linked to Demi, Tulisa (?), that girl from Spain, and now Amy. I haven't really heard rumors about him hooking up with fans but still nobody seems to question his sexuality.
I always thought the Amy rumors seemed very legitimate and never really questioned Niall's sexuality prior to this but now that I'm thinking about it there's a shocking lack of evidence. Not to mention his celebrity crushes are people like Demi and Miranda Cosgrove who aren't exactly heart throbs.
- oooh nice to see the declarations a few pages back.
I have been watching the thread for a few days and am not too sure how I got into this.
I blame Nick and Harry, I loved Nick being announced as the new Breakfast Show host after a mere three hours of mourning for Chris Moyles.
Loved the evening show, but couldn't listen every day and now I can. His enthusisasm for everything 1D is contagious and I am easily persuaded of what my opinion/interest should be.
The teenagers over on Tumblr are a bit to frightening, but this seems like a safe, more mature and balanced place to read about my secret obsession!
- I must admit, IF Harry and Taylor did expect a pap free zone on return to their hotel, it does suggest the 'sleepover' wasn't publicity?
J's explanation that he may have stayed over simply for a 'planned' pap exercise the following morning IS plausible but is it likely? The handholding despite being papped is a bit sus though...
EVERYTHING ELSE about 'Haylor' seems totally fake whilst EVERYTHING about N&H seems real so I'm now quite confused. It just doesn't make sense?
(Still if 'Haylor' is real, 'Haroline' obviously isn't so 'every cloud' and all that...)
- A guy who works in tv that I've met at BB and xfactor parties, tweeted about 1D stories, in reply to a tweet about there being one gay member in a boyband. This was a couple of weeks ago. Now he knew who all the gay xfactor contestants were at the time of the competition a few years ago and at least two weren't out then.
- I don't see how they would expect a pap free zone since they obviously knew every step of theirs is being followed and papped? Just like it happened the other day at the park/zoo/dinner.
Especially Taylor but also Harry know paps are following their every move and have experienced that in the past so i dont see how they wouldn't expect this.
And if the paps show them getting together in the hotel then obviously they would wait outside the hotel room the next morning i dont think that's surprising either.
- l Girl - It seems a little odd that there would be a pap at the hotel at 4am in the morning if they hadn't been tipped off. As far as I can see Taylor had only been papped the day before at the 1D hotel so it's not even as if they had been camped out there waiting for her.
I have, in a way, rl reason to think Nick/Harry is real, but can't go into that at all, which annoys me rather.
- It's in Swedish but they're talking about One D and at 3:17 the dark haired guy (who's gay) says something like "you know what they say, there's always one who is gay". And then he says something like "I hope it's not Liam, he's the ugly one". Of course all the fangirls reacted to that. But what happens afterwards is that they suggest Louis or something just like a joke but then the girl says "no but I know which one it is". I interpret it as she means that there is a gay one and she knows who it is.
- R319 so did that guy say if there is a member who is gay in 1D and who that person might be?
Was the tweet by any chance one that read "if only you knew the stories about one direction..." ? Because i think we've discussed this a couple of threads ago.
- R321, can you give us any hint that won't compromise you?
- If they had truly wanted pap free outings then they would have had Taylor stay at the same hotel as 1D. It's that simple. With her at a different hotel they get rumors every time she visits 1D's hotel and every time Harry visits hers.
They have security who would have been aware of the pap and easily could have dropped one of them off and then circled around and dropped off the other to avoid pictures.
- 323 yes it is that tweet but he 'll definitely know and I would say more than one of them. It was me who talked about it. He stops in the hotels during the tours and sees who goes back to who's room at the end of the evesning.
I got the impression no many people on the thread took notice at the time.
- L Girl - probably easiest to say that they write for a living (quite sure they are not on here though so that won't really give me away). Nothing too detailed just that it seems current.
- R326 Would maybe add some weight to the Harry/Louis rumors or the Harry/Aiden or Aiden/Louis....
- R326 he does that? It sounds rather creepy! I would question how he gets access in the hotel but seeing as that person seems to have connections it cannot be very hard,since even fans have sneaked in hotels and taken photos of the boys and their girlfriends etc.
Are you friendly with that person? You said you met him,right?
- R327, thanks! Sorry, I'm being a bit slow but are you saying someone who 'writes for a living' shared info with you re N&H being currently involved?
If so, do you mind saying how recently you heard?
- R327 so you know someone who writes in a magazine(?) and is in a position to know whether H/N is real or not and has confirmed to you recently that they are dating?
- Without compromising myself further; yes, not just friends; last Friday, although don't know how recent his information was; and not for a magazine.
- 329 he may find out which hotels through work or contacts or because same hotel is used in each town year after year. I went to a concert and a friend was stopping in contestants hotel and loads of fans were pretending to know her to gain access. It wasnt difficult to get in and drink in the bar and look out for contestants and other celebs in attendance.I don't know him . Wish I did would love to ask.
He also said a name of another contestant before 1D year who hasnt said he is gay yet or maybe he isn't.
- R332, thanks. One last question, did he seem certain?
- 333 - That does sound very creepy; I had presumed at the time that he worked in someway for Syco and was just loose-lipped not that he was effectively stalking them.
L Girl - He started that particular conversation.
- R435, ok, thanks. Appreciated.
- 335 maybe I've made it look creepy how I've explained it. He's usually there with a couple of women. One of which definitely worked for BBC last year. Of course this isn't the channel xfactor is on so who knows but it gets him access to Robbie Gaga Rhianna etc to get photos with and 1D when they were on chart show at R1 other Sunday.
- How do I find threads 3-7, I am new to this sight and can't seem to navigate back.
Thanks in advance.
- What i do is type on google "Harry Styles and BBC radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw PART" and after PART the number of the thread i want to find and i usually get the right results :)
- Still think Haylor is a combination of real and PR. I think Taylor has mostly real relationships and plays them up (without saying anything) because eventually they become her albums. It'll be interesting to see if Harry talks about it on Letterman. I don't know if Taylor's ever confirmed a relationship and Harry hasn't either.
But all the photos from last night/this morning were a bit much. The walk of shame, really Harry? Obviously to make a statement because he knew it would be photographed.
- R340 i partly agree; i do think they are friends and get along,i dont think they are in love with each other though and i still believe the whole thing is for publicity and a big one,i dont think any of her other relationships got as much attention as this one.Frankly i think it's a beneficial agreement that both of them have a lot to gain from.
As for the photos,if they did not want to get photographed they wouldnt (like at the xfactor rehearsals or their supposed dinner with Ed after the VMAs and we know Harry can go MIA when he wants to,obviously Taylor too),so they obviously knew or expected to get papped and Harry's "walk of shame" like you mentioned or the hand holding etc are obviously there to make a statement which i dont understand the reason behind it unless they want 100% to convince people they are together.
The thing i'm most excited about at this point is her new album and all the Harry related songs.
- I think what Taylor does is date someone, make it obvious with photo ops, not say anything or read anything about it, it ends and she writes songs about it. She seems in love with falling in love, and Harry DOES seem to like the chase. He chased Caroline and has said he prefers to be the one who pursues. Louis called him fickle. So a short thing could work for both. I do think they like each other at this point though. I just think they're going overboard with the photos to A) get on magazines and B) not have to come out and say it.
- I do think they like each other,not that they are in love and Taylor doesn't seem to want long term relationships as well as Harry; they cant have anything serious anyway what with both their scedules being super busy and none of them seems willing to settle down which is normal for their age.I also find Taylor very immature and rather annoying but that's just me.Harry has his immature moments too.And i still think it's PR
At this point i expect some sort of confirmation,a few more dates and then the break up and Taylor either going back to Kennedy(i dont thinknthey are over,just my opinion) or moving on to the next famous man and Harry moving on with his life.Obviously an album dedicated to Harry is to be expected.
- I think Harry may have swooned her away from Conor but she could definitely go back to him when all is said and done.
- R344 if that were the case i dont think he would have gone to their concert at MSG last night and it was confirmed that he was there,not at the after party though.I believe the rumors that she and Conor had a break for the shake of his studies rather than a break up and they got a chance to promote "Haylor".
Like NW3 and L Girl and i'm sure other people as well i was kind of expecting "Haylor" to happen since the first rumors started to appear so everything so far is going the way i expected it to and i havent changed my mind about my previous views.
- BUt if Conor was at the show and not the afterparty, and Taylor was at the afterparty but not the show, what does that have to do with anything?
- I didnt mean it in a Taylor/Conor way,what i meant was that i dont think Harry stole Taylor from Conor or even worse than Taylor cheated on him with Harry because if that was the case then surely Conor wouldnt go to the show of the guy who stole his girl?! That's the way i see it anyway,sorry if i wasn't clear.
- His tweet was very tacky, I hope he was being stupid and didn't mean it the way it came off.
- 348- whos tweet was tacky?
- What tweet are you referring you R348 ?
- Sorry. Harry's last tweet.
- I took that tweet as it was about MSG not Taylor.
- @Harry_Styles: Last night was the best thing I have ever done.
That one? I'm sure he meant the MSG but phrased it that way so people would think he meant "doing Taylor" too,just a usual teenage cheeky game with words i suppose.He deff knew people would read more into that.
- Regardless of how he meant it I just think it came off a bit rude. I'm not one to be offended by teenage boy humour at all.
- This will be the beginning of the end for this band, already distancing the members and prematurely. Too bad.
- So harry spent another night at taylors hotel. arriving at 11pm, in the full glare of the paps going through the front door?! WITH overnight bag!!
This is way too obvious. whoever said the pr stunts leading up to this as easing the public into the idea of harry having a gf was way off. This is hardly 'easing' anyone in!! They are certainly making harry look like a hetro redblooded male...
And the after party pics that were obviously leaked!
- I'm quite surprised people on this thread place so much faith in the paparazzi (cough fucking splutter!) to tell a truthful story to save their lives and a mass of industry insiders who would know Taylor and Harry's every moves.
It wouldn't be much of a tip off either if you knew from a greedy cabbie two popstars were heading back to a hotel. Backhander anyone? Please, this industry is grubbier than six week old knickers! They all lie through their teeth, lol.
We know for a fact Louis and Eleanor have One D management people taking pictures of them and videotaping them walking round because they've even caught themselves filming one another.
Why should Harry and Taylor be any different? Or more special?
And despite Link's faith in his friend we don't know Link's friend, or his intentions/reasons. Just like we can't prescribe accurate value to tweets or what some pap says on Twitter.
Imo, Harry and Taylor were being shuffled into place ages ago with the crowd being drip fed steely bits of info. There's nothing to suggest this wasn't planned long in advance so Harry gets his go of being 'taken' for awhile.
The only mistake people have made is in assuming Harry, with his cheerful disposition and carefree gayesque attitude, isn't potentially as much a devious game player as anyone else could be. There is little integrity in this game at this level and the gay rumours were getting noticeably louder, often fuelled by the subject himself. And they were louder still up until mid-this year with he and Louis. Louis alone would have been a great reason in someone's eyes to plan ahead for 'Haylor'. Imo.
This is what the likes of Hackford Jones PR are for. They don't pay powerful PR houses to sit on their hands. They actually strategise long in advance for eventualities.
My opinion only, and I'm sticking to it but not trying to convince anyone else. I find it all highly bogus and yes,
Taylor Swift was happy to get papped with Jake, Maggie and Maggie's young daughter Ramona on their lovely strolls in New York. So why would featuring Lux be an issue? Lux has already been papped numerous times.
Sometimes I think many have an old fashioned view of what PR is. The players don't see it as immoral or unethical, because the child is innocent regardless. It's just another day at work for them.
- R357: yeah, total agree. the seeds were sown for this along time ago. And Leona Lewis has apparently admitted this week that her 'fling' with liam was a stunt and that she didn't want to do it. like i said yesterday, liam, zayn even louis haven't had gay rumours like harry has. there is far more reason to do this PR job. someone, who lives in america i think, said the gat rumours were not mainstream about harry??? well maybe not in the US but in england/london they are. massive newspapers like the daily mail were writing articles about grimmy and harry that were SO suggestive that that the top rated comment was' are they lovers' Also, multiple people have tweeted that they have overheard ON TEH TRAIN that grimmy and harry are dating. So to the person that said the rumours aren't out there. THEY ARE!!!
- None of us think all of this isn't PR, we just think there may be truth to the relationship. They are using it to create PR, and very obviously.
- This still isn't bearding, this is an america thing. Harry will become a BIG celebrity in america from this association. The gay stuff is nowhere near us except for a few loud Larry shippers. Even that is very underground. Harry will be on many magazine covers this week. Not as a straight guy but as Taylor's guy.
- R360 that 'we' bit is subjective to you.
It's fine to keep an open mind but I'm skeptical. I don't reckon to talk for anyone else.
- [quote]Not as a straight guy but as Taylor's guy.
Yeah but it's the same thing.
- No it isn't. The important part of the union is WHICH woman it's with, not that it's a woman.
- Yes it is. Jesus, do you need a 101.
- R360: yeah, you might think it's true but it's very hard for us in london to believe its true when loads of journalists are saying he is in a relationship with grimmy. someone else posted on here yesterday that a journalist told them only last friday that they were 'more than friends' just before all the taylor hinst started to drop, the magazines were FULL of grimmy and harry stories calling their bromance as 'bromance' in quotation marks, mentioning 'closets' (we don't use that word ever, in the uk unless to suggest someone is gay)they were asking thinsg like, 'do they like each other's smell' 'do they live together' grimmys twitter feed, which his team monitor was full of 1D fans asking if they were boyfriends! All this was happening just before the taylor stuff and now it's all dissapeared. it may not have made it's way to the us but that doesn't mean it wouldn't have if they had let it carry on!
- Give up this idea you want to have that I'm stupid. I work in the media, I witness pop culture's effects on people. They don't think he's gay. Taylor is about the only thing bigger than 1D right now and will secure Harry's spot as a household name.
- R367, the american media or uk media??
- R368: haha, just realised you are 'Q' you have been posting here for months trying to disuade people from thinking harry is gay or with grimmy wilst normally insulting people in the process. Even if you are in the media you obviously have an agenda (the fact you don't sign off most of your posts is dodgy for a start)you are obviously american and way to removed from what happens when harry is off duty at home. people on here live around the corner from both harry and grimmy, go to the same clubs, know their collegaues and have mutual friends. forgive me if i take more notice of them than you!!
- Q: oh and i don't believe you work for the media. I saw you getting all prissy about harry being referred to as a womaniser. you sounded like a teenage fangirl. harry's womanising image is created and perpetuated by the media. I can't believe after that reaction you are part of it!
- I've been here being the only objective person, I haven't pushed in either direction. You can use the fact that I haven't pushed H/N to convince yourself that I'm pushing the opposite, but I'm not. I'm just looking for what's true.
- I was offended by the TERM womanizer, 370. I work in the media and I also consider myself a feminist. You've probably seen that pop up a lot.
- Q: 'No agenda' you're joking right!? Everytime i read one of your unsigned posts I know it's you because you are always, WITHOUT EXCEPETION, posting something to suggest harry os straighta and not with grimmy. You are so predictable it's unreal so don't give us that'objective' rubbish (although you clearly have your own objective)
I've said it before, you clearly beleive harry is straight and not with grimmy, which is fine but why waste your time on a forum trying to persuade other people of this. it's just plain weird!!!
- Q: oh and there is no 'Z' in womaniser...
- Just a theory but, here goes:
Should they 'confirm' Haylor (likely), when Harry heads home to dear ol' London, he can now 'hang out' with Nick Grimshaw, with whom he's been seen more and more frequently lately, with the safety net of being 'spoken for' by Taylor Swift.
So any even regular excursions with Grimmy are nullified by that. He can't possibly be seeing Grimmy or getting up to mischief if he's with Swift, but it makes it easier to move around.
- Someone has written on the Daily Mail website that harry was seen, by multiple sources, exciting taylor's hotel the first night through a back exit, ariving at his hotel before returning to swifts hotel later to emerge in the morning. Might be made up rubbish but interesting...
- I'm always posting about how Harry's straight? You're so very completely wrong I'm not going to bother arguing. I post sometimes about how he's not necessarily gay, sure. Because I don't know and neither do you. I see that you're trying to trash me entirely and it won't work. I'm not this one-sided maniac with an "agenda" like, actually, you are.
Womanizer is the spelling where I hail from.
- 376 that IS a bit weird considering if he's not sleeping with her, he could have just booked his own room.
- If people are reading innuendos of a sexual nature into Tweets: 'last night was the best thing I've ever done' at some point btwn the 3rd-4th, Louis Tomlinson posted: 'Wow, just wow' out of the blue.
So you can make anything fit. Personally I think those quotes refer to the concert, because they all seem to continuously assess their stage performances and take an interest in the shows.
- Q: well I hail from the country that invented the language and there is no Z love. You clearly have an agenda. Just do us all a favour and sign off ALL your posts so we can gloss over them as they are irritatingly/boringly predictable, just like your last post.
I expect the sleepover was last minute as no one was buying the 'relationship' up to that point. He probably wanted to go back to his hotel where all his stuff was...
- Why do you think I have an agenda? I'm not in here saying Haylor is 100% real and Harry is straight. Are you confusing me with someone else? All I do is argue against bullshit reasoning in either direction.
Your cultural elitist argument about my spelling is off the walls ridiculous. Your language is barely recognizable compared to what it came from, and mine is a dialect in its own right, so I'll spell the way I was taught to. The fact that this was brought into the discussion is embarrassing. If you want to know whenever it's be, troll-dar.
- Ladies, settle down now.
Let's keep it calm.
- Q: No, I'm not mixing you up with anyone else. Every single post you have added to this discussion has clearly opposed any idea that harry may be into blokes or with grimmy to that point that you have marked yourself as someone with a clear agenda. As I said, everytime I read one of your posts, even though they are unsigned, i troll-dar to check it's you and everytime it has been. That is how predictable your posts are. Deny it all you like but it's pointless given we can all read your posts and see how one-sided they are. All i ask is that you sign ALL your posts so i can ignore you without having to troll-dar and go back to check that you are you. It's irritating and a waste of my time, just like your posts.
- 383, you're wrong about me and my posts. Simple as that. Now go ahead with your theories about other people and leave me out of it.
- Someone made a good point yesterday. Many have argued that the necklace, xfactor flirting etc.. wasn't PR but real hints that taylor and harry have been dating. If this is true, why not book them all into the same hotel to avoid the daily walks of shame in front of all the paps. It's not like this trip was unplanned. If an established couple knew they were going to be meeting up it would make much more sense to go for hotel arrangements that allowed them privacy... Harry must hook up with people all the time so knows how to go under the radar. Funny that the last time he was caught doing the walk of shame was with during his last 'showmance' with Flack...
- And even that was only one time by maybe one camera and he genuinely looked exhausted.
- Q: As i said, It's not a theory and there is no point denying it as we can ALL read your posts?! I'll believe you when I read a post that doesn't try and suggest that harry is a) straight b)not with grimmy c)is seeing/likes a girl..
- Q: haha, glad to see you're continuing to prove my point with your posts...
- Q: oh and get your facts right. He was papped with caroline more than once. But you wouldn't know that as being in the US you not exposed to our media enough to know what is really going on as I have already said..
- You're reading incorrectly into my posts then? I feel like this is a witch hunt at this point. I wasn't talking about your theories about me but about N/H. I was also saying his walk of shame was AT LEAST more believable with Caroline. You chose to interpret that the way you wanted to. Please try to leave me alone as I have as much a right to be here as you and I'm not harrassing you. Enough.
- Q: as I said. Just sign off your posts and I'll happily ignore you from this point on.
- Then maybe you should sign off yourself so I don't bother trying to have a two way conversation with you.
- Q: happy to. And if it seemed like I was on a witch hunt, i'm sorry. That wasn't my intention. I just don't appreciate people that appear to have an agenda.
- So now it's rumoured that haylor will be flying to nashville together tonight. Is it me or is this getting ridiculous now...
- Just my thoughts, flame away:
I had a look on Twitter today (have not been listening to the radio recently) and it seems Grimmy has or is threatening to grow a beard, supposedly challeneged by Jake Gyllenhaal, of all people (god this is getting ludicrous, I'm drowning in innuendo here).
I don't know the exact back-story but have linked the page where people are tweeting about it. This was on or around November 29, well before all the Haylor madness kicked off in the US.
It could all be lighthearetd nonsense, related to 'Movember' or Jake's bushiness but in light of recent events before Haylor even got papped, and Nick's 'knowing' quips I have to wonder if Grimmy is making a point? He's not the most subtle. Timing is spot on with this too.
Since his own name has come up so much in relation Harry's it's feasible he's prepared to play along (with usual sarcasm chucked in for free) because he too needs to dodge the heat?
If there is truth to Grimmy and Harry then although the BBC Saville drama is NOTHING to do with them and shouldn't even remotely be categorised in the same way, the public can be idiotic and tv bosses will be running scared of absolutely everything right now.
[quote]So now it's rumoured that haylor will be flying to nashville together tonight. Is it me or is this getting ridiculous now...
Oh they probably will. It won't stop now will it? Everyone's in for weeks/months of this.
- Supposedly they have rehearsals for the jingle ball today but maybe they'll have an early shift.
- It's been suggested One Direction as a whole are going to Nashville for the Grammy thing? We'll see.
I dunno, I lose the will to live keeping track of this shit sometimes. I'm only here because of Grimmy/Louis tales and possible Twitter hookups with male students, etc.
The PR and envelope openings I could happily ignore.
- Have you seen this clip from an interview with Union J?
- That thing is hilarious, r398.
Is it just me or does anyone find the Holy Moly interviewer hot in a young hairy-nerdy kind of way? I also think Jaymi is really attractive, he has a nice smile and he's always laughing.
When Union J got the boot last week his boyfriend came on and gave him a huge hug and kiss. It's great having an openly gay bb member because it makes their interviews so much cheekier with some risque innuendo. I laugh that so much of it ends up on Tumblr and the girls all become experts in bearding and Grindr.
- L Girl - was the BBC presenter connected to Jimmie Saville you mentioned yesterday Stuart Hall who's been arrested?!
- [quote]And even that was only one time by maybe one camera and he genuinely looked exhausted.
If I'm not mistaken that was the time he was staying over at Nick's? Lots of conflicting stories so hard to say.
I do think Jaymi from Union J actually glows. I'm sure it's his personality but you have to wonder if he's thriving too because he's allowed to be a free agent. I'm not drawing comparisons to Harry or anyone else here, I just think it's really nice to see someone young and current who's out, confident and having fun.
The biggest test will probably be for his boyfriend, when he's away, but they seem a pretty solid, dedicated couple.
- The paps photos outside the Greenwich Hotel were intentional. The hotel, which is part owned by Robert Deniro, is connected back of house to the restaurant he owns next door (Tribeca Grill). Part of the reason so many celebs stay there is that they can be spirited out onto Franklin Street through the restaurant or through the parking garage on North Moore and avoid the paps at the hotel entrance. If they wanted to go unnoticed, it would have been easy.
- R400, No. Way more high profile and iconic.
Off to an industry do. Going to try and interrogate some drunk Daily Mail bods..
- L Girl, have fun.
- Thanks for the info, r402. Always good to have local knowledge onboard.
- I'll add to r402 and say the DeNiro "made" the TriBeCa area by buying up lots of property years ago and most high profile residents (some pop star named Beyonce included) walk about unnoticed everyday there. I do think that the neighborhood is pretty, but a horrible inconvenience as far as location in the city goes. Don't get the appeal for the $.
Sorry, couldn't let the Londoners have all of the real estate talk on this thread.
- I think it'll be interesting to see how Harry handles the 'who's single' question they'll inevitably get on Letterman... Perhaps they'll deflect it or not allow it but it's unlikely. My guess is the old 'we get on really well' followed by a smirk and an awkward pause. At that point one of the boys usually jumps in and helps him out (this is going on past form with Caroline)
- I think it'll be different this time - they've held hands, spent 2 nights together... if he says he's single it'll mean she was a booty call. Or he'll look like a liar.
The fact that it's being publicised in this manner makes me think David Letterman will be encouraged to bring it up tomorrow. So it won't even be just the usual "who is single and who isn't" - it'll be a direct question about Taylor, I reckon.
R402 & R406 - Loving the NY real estate talk! Favourite place in the universe (outside LDN, of course!)
- They will probably confirm the "haylor relationship" and more fangirls will cry,to me it's gonna be just another PR move.
I still dont know if they will officially admit it or do so in an indirect and not so clear way,Taylor has held hands and kissed her previous boyfriends(or "boyfriends") in public but never confirmed anything? Im not paying close attention to her but this is what i remember.
Also did Leona really admit her thing with Liam was PR? Someone posted about it before i think? Funny how a month ago she referred to Liam as a friend who is very charming etc,shows how good PR works.
- yes NW3 I agree he'll be asked directly about Taylor. It must be a little frustrating for the others don't you think? I mean they just sold out MSG and yet every single headline is Harry Harry Harry...
Saw ST today but she didn't mention anything about Haylor. Will keep ears open.
- I dunno, I think they'll go the indirect route, along the lines of,
"She's really lovely and I really like her, we have a laugh and I enjoy spending time with her."
Basically how he played off Caroline - which at the time no one really called a relationship, but is now billed as his ex-girlfriend. Similarly, Heat called Cara his ex in this week's issue; it's very easy to gloss over how nothing was ever confirmed after the fact. Especially since no one wants to be the one saying, "No! We weren't really dating!" Unless it's someone undesirable.
I suppose it depends how pushy Letterman gets - whether he tries to force a direct answer. Alan Carr did in their second interview with him and caved fairly quickly when Louis diverted and Harry just laughed and smiled rather than answering. I'm not really a fan of Letterman from the clips I've seen; does he tend to get pushy?
This tactic means he doesn't have to deny it, whilst still looking sweet because he compliments her.
On whether Harry left via the back door and why, instead of just getting a different room; if it's true (this is a Daily Mail comment, after all) then I wonder whether the party was continuing elsewhere and he went to join? It would explain his looking a bit pale and peaky, whilst Taylor looked like she'd had seven straight hours sleep.
Anyway, just some thoughts!
He was seen going back again last night, wasn't he? This time with the full-on leather bag from his Caroline days. Blurry and far away shots from what I've seen. And then his exited alone again this morning. For all we know, Taylor might not have been at the hotel ...
Does anyone else feel like their personalities don't match? I don't know whether this is why the pairing bothers me. Taylor seems very earnest and straight forward, not innocent exactly but quite naïve in some ways; I feel like Harry would go for someone with quite a robust sense of humour, very loud and almost brassy (see: Louis, Caroline, Nick, Niall - to name some of the people he often seems to really enjoy hanging out with - though not to say he doesn't with the others). I think it offsets the fact that he seems quite laidback and slow-paced, but can indulge in some fun. I just don't get the vibe from Taylor that she would fit in well with his personality.
I don't know either of them, though, so feel free to shoot me down!
- N16 - It really is a shame that this Haylor storyline has overshadowed the MSG gig. It may be useful for "burying bad news" though, should 1D be overlooked by the Grammy committee tonight!
Nashville is only a two and a half hour flight away... the way things are going I expect Taylor will board her private jet almost immediately after tonight's show to return to New York.
- Links,i was actually thinking this! What i dont understand is why they picked Taylor over Cara for PR? Cara would be a much more realistic "girlfriend" since they both live in London,move in the same circles and seem to match in humor and personalities,let's not forget that she ADORES being in the spotlight.Cara is always busy as well as Harry so they wouldnt have to be seen together often at all.
But i guess they picked Taylor because she is a much more known amd appealing personality in America which is the big market anyway,Taylor is more experienced in these things too,i guess they wouldnt risk a fiasco like with the Ostily girl in Australia.
- R413 - I don't think this is neccessarily a HackfordJones orchestration; this is typical Taylor Swift, with Harry and his people gratefully grabbing this fantastic opportunity. One of 1D dating Taylor Swift?! Would anyone have believed this could happen this time last year, when Flack seemed like a great catch?
Links - It doesn't matter that they aren't well matched. It won't last!
- Re David Letterman. He was pushy 10 or 15 years ago, but gives a pretty standard interview today. He could have eviscerated Justin Bieber a few months ago and didn't. If he knows the guest, he rips up his notes and throws them over his shoulder dramatically to show the audience that "real" conversation is happening. Don't think that will happen here. Late Night is a choreographed song and dance (well, being as 1D does not dance...).
- NW3 i know it is typical Swift i was just wondering,even a staged thing with Cara would be more pleasant than having to deal with Swift's face everywhere.
I've said it before but even though she is a talented girl her personality or at least the way she comes off in interviews etc really turns me off.
- R413 I definitely agree with the earlier poster that it's to do with being Taylor Swift's Boyfriend (real, fake, PR, covering up his sexuality, whatever). If this was about bearding, they could have picked any girl; and a better choice in that situation would be someone like Amy Green or Eleanor Calder, because they're unknowns and there's no other reason for him to be dating them other than either because he likes them or because they need him to have a girlfriend.
Taylor is huge in America; she's got a very nice image, which will off-set a lot of the old "womanising" rumours; she's younger, which counteracts the constant "cougar" comments, which I think are getting old; she gets loads of press, especially in America, where I think they could do with being in a wider range of print magazines (as opposed to "tween" magazines) ... the list goes on. The running joke about her being a renowned beard is probably a small price to pay for that kind of coverage. Also the running jokes on him being the subject of her next song (each time I see that joke I wonder if people think they're being original?).
Similarly, she's got her own negative aspects to her image, so the heat's not all on Harry. Looking through the comments on the DM's articles, though there are a lot of "it's just PR people" type comments, there are none about Nick. Rewind a month or so, and even articles on Harry which didn't involve Nick (and vice versa) were getting comments about whether they were together, or comments on Harry's sexuality. These have all but disappeared.
NW3 - I'm talking in the event that it is real (I know, I'm in the minority for even considering it!); and in the event that it's not, they just seem a bit odd together. But as I said above (and other's have noted); if this is PR, then I think for the main part it's about him dating Taylor Swift. As you say, who'd have thunk it, the chubby, curly-haired sixteen year old (even a stud back then, it's always the innocent looking ones, eh) dating America's sweetheart?
I always got the feeling Letterman's hugely staged; I find that with a lot of American interviews, possibly because the interviewees always look so comfortable and relaxed! Feel like Alan Carr's gone too far that way, though. Still funny, but there's not a lot of bite left. The most recent 1D interview was like watching marshmallow float in a bubble.
Not that I'd want to see 1D eviscerated!
- What gets me is you have Harry spending tons of actual quality free time with Grimmy; at Radio One, movie/s, shopping, going to antique fairs and lunch dates, all arguably 'coupley' stuff that the utterly rags refuse to acknowledge and yet 48 hours with Taylor Swift in less than clear scenarios and its absolute mayhem, they nearly have them married off.
Anyone wanting a wicked giggle should bookmark this page. The Beard Club on Twitter has been rattling along for ages. I signed up for it a long time ago as it had some deliciously tart things to say about Simon Cowell, whom I cannot stand and so this was a gift. It also includes info on Chelsea footballer Frank Lampard, Kanye, Seacrest, Russel Brand and Katy, James Corden, Cheryl and Cashley Cole, among others, now including Haylor.
TBC believes Cowell is partnered up with Paul McKenna! Gotta say I didn't see that coming.
- to be fair the subject of him being her next song is not exactly a joke is it? it will happen. And it's going to be another whiny hit about being an innocent girl falling for the wrong man, etc. This whole thing is not only PR right now, but fuel for her next album, which people will immediately link to Harry. Her audience will feel more sympathy towards her because everyone will go for the "oh, poor Taylor, Harry is a player, we knew this would happen" aspect of the relationship.
- Perhaps they chose Swift over Cara because she isn't London based and this limits the time they would be expected to be seen together?
Btw, did anyone see my conversation with that poster that had a chat with a journalist on Friday that suggested H&N were together? Significant or to be ignored?
- L Girl- yes i agree,Taylor not only lives in Anerica but is super busy too so her scedule wouldnt allow her a "romantic getaway" to London or vice versa with Harry going to America.
I did saw that conversation,i dont think it was particularly significant but we shouldnt ignore it.That poster didnt let out many details but from what i understood they think that person would be in a good position to know,right? They also said they didnt know how recent the information was but i suppose it was recent since that person only brought it up last week.
- [quote]I definitely agree with the earlier poster that it's to do with being Taylor Swift's Boyfriend (real, fake, PR, covering up his sexuality, whatever). If this was about bearding, they could have picked any girl; and a better choice in that situation would be someone like Amy Green or Eleanor Calder, because they're unknowns and there's no other reason for him to be dating them other than either because he likes them or because they need him to have a girlfriend.
But one could also argue that Taylor was a great goto candidate because she's trodden this path before and knows the industry ropes well. Taylor might be more confident about stepping out than Harry (hence the family outing with Lux, they were his reassurance?).
You don't have to fully 'use' a celebrity if they are in an agreement with you as you both know the score. Drafting a civilian in is more risky (unless you're Eleanor and were born for cameras).
I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor and Harry weren't genuinely working on songs together behind all this.
- [quote]Btw, did anyone see my conversation with that poster that had a chat with a journalist on Friday that suggested H&N were together? Significant or to be ignored?
I missed this. :( Was it another goodie?
- Do you think Eleanor's Louis's beard, then?
I thought they didn't use Cara because partly because of the London thing, but also because she possibly wouldn't be up for the rigmarole of a whole "relationship". I don't think it would fit in with her image, either.
Oh God, the thought of them writing a song together is awful; but also unlikely. Harry's actual music taste seems to veer quite a way away from the Taylor/1D market.
I definitely don't think they're using each other, by the way. If it's PR, it's mutually beneficial and keeps them both in the press. If/When it ends, Taylor gets some musical mileage out of it. Harry's/1D's profile gets a bit bigger out there, and there's the added bonus of him looking very straight if that's something he needs.
- R416 - I think the numerous boyfriends thing is just a means to an end; a foundation for her songwriting and a way to straddle different markets (country, teen, pop, singer-songwriter). Her general demeanour, the way she dresses, her lyrics and the fact that she tried to get together with Tim Tebow who espouses abstinence before marriage makes me doubt that anything of note goes on on these relationships, which may be why they don't last more than a few weeks.
Links - your 2nd paragraph in post R417 expands on what I was waffling on about last night. The minute Taylor made it known that she had a thing for Harry, what we're seeing now was only a matter of time and timing. As you've listed, there are so many useful boxes to tick from the Harry angle. Also Taylor is huge in America but 1D's global reach is wider. For this reason this happy union may well last longer than the others, and could become Taylor's "first longterm relationship". They will be in different countries between February to July anyway, which should make it easier to stretch this to 6 months.
R418 - I mentioned a friend of a friend some time ago who seems to know everyone and everything. He told us about PMcK and SC ages ago, even before I'd read it on a blind.
- What's really boggling my mind is why they're making sure we know they're having sex every night? I've never seen this before, even with people with less innocent images. It's bizarre and bordering on gross. Harry might as well be wearing a shirt that says "I'm having sex with Taylor." Someone really wants us to know. We'd see them as a couple without that part, wouldn't we?
- [quote]Does anyone else feel like their personalities don't match? I don't know whether this is why the pairing bothers me.
Her voice might be four octaves deeper than Harry's but she's missing a peen and that's always a worry.
- I agree 426, its a very odd image for them to be pushing on Harry and Taylor! I know he is known as a womaniser but if they are going down the whole relationship line with this, then it seems a bit weird. And they can say that no paps were told to be at the hotel door all they want, Harry and his team know full well fans and maybe they odd pap will be camped outside the front door all day and night hoping for something.
Plus. its a posh hotel, there is also no way there isn't a back door they could use if they wanted to keep it quiet. Especially on the second night when they had experienced what happened the night before! Even if this thing is real, no-one can deny its a horribly pushed publicity exercise that no-one is seeming to actually like! Not sure its the best move for 1D popularity ...
but then, I'm British, I know of Taylor Swift but she's not massive over here really, maybe 1D fans in America would love the pair?
- It's just the SEX part. It's too much information and for what? Why couldn't they show them on more dates holding hands? That would say dating to me. And of course there are other ways to enter the hotel. They also could have put them in the same hotel. I get all that, the PR. But the walks of shame are just what? Really? I don't know I can't get over how out of character it is for most people in general, let alone them.
- Swift IS massive over here. Not as famous as she is in the US or as famous as Rihanna and that ilk. But I don't think I know anyone who doesn't know who she is.
I suppose they want to have a pop royalty couple, the Jay-Z/Beyonce of chart music. And they're certainly getting all the press in the world as the DM seems to have a new photo every five minutes updating the world on their movements with or without one another. In this sense I appreciate why they have done it on a PR front but I also think their personas seem rather incompatible. Though I can't say I have met either so who knows.
- It's a rather ugly thing to see really,like others have pointed out Harry might be known for his intense sexual life but Taylor isn't,and according to NW3(and others i know share the same opinion)it might not be just an image but Taylor herself might have adopted abstinence in her life.
I suppose they are going for the "they don't have much time so they spend every minute together" scenario but they could've added a few more hand-holding romantic walks to it,the way they are presenting it seems like they went straight to bed after their second date which isn't a very nice image for anyone,especially their younger fanbase who likes having a clear image about them.
- I do think it's meant to be PR full stop. That being decided, the overnight part is reparative work on Harry's burgeoning gay image.
On another note, I thought this board would know that Simon Cowell of all people is gay.
- Yeah, I've heard the SiPat thing before. I have no idea whether it's a big rumour, but a friend of mine who tends to know these gossipy things had heard it (she's not in the know, she just keeps abreast of what's being said! For example, she's heard a lot of these rumours, though she wouldn't know whether or not they were true). It doesn't count for much, but for the record she thinks there's something to it (H/N, not SiPat).
NW3 - I just have to wonder why she's so happy with all of this, if this is the case?! I understand if she believes in celibacy before marriage, but surely she would like some romance? Real romance that is ... I get the impression from her songs that what she's writing about is either very idealised or very clichéd. The ignored highschooler who's in love with the jock; or the Romeo and Juliet, fate and love scenario. It's like despite all of these "romances" giving her "experience" to write from, her songs still feel quite empty and two-dimensional to me.
I agree her reach isn't so global; none of the girls I know (I have younger siblings, so I'm talking their friends) are really that into her, and I think that's because her image is too Good Girl for the UK. Stepping out with Harry, the "playboy", roughs that up a bit. Two sleepovers certainly does. (R430 - but she is hugely famous, I'm just saying I don't think she's popular like she is over there.) Also, up until recently she's been much more country, which is big in the US, but I don't know any teens here who like that.
Although I STILL don't understand how everyone was so cert her and Jake G was fake?? Can someone explain this to me one day ... saw the People magazine shoots though, nothing could look more staged if it tried. Incredible, really.
R426 I really agree. There's something very weird about basically watching Harry walk out two mornings in a row, supposedly after shagging all night. I mean, he should go out and have lots of good sex; but I really don't want the awkwardness of watching him do the walk of shame. I couldn't bear to watch the pap videos. It's just TMI. And yeah, there's very few people you would find doing that for publicity - and if there's no publicity angle, there's even less reason to be doing it so openly.
I think it's all very strange, since no one seems to like the pairing, fan or otherwise; yes they're getting loads of press, but is it really the kind they wanted out of it? All publicity is good publicity, but I do wonder whether it's the outcome they were hoping for.
- I didn't know what taylor looked like before the teen awards but maybe I'm in the minority. I knew a couple of her songs though
- Taylor does have lyrics about sex, so I don't think she's saving herself or promoting that. She does present a clean image though. I just can't figure it out. If on the off chance it's all real, it could be Harry enjoying the fact that he can be himself for once and taking it too far. But Taylor? Very curious.
- Oh and Links, I didn't really think she and Jake were fake. They had fake photo ops, but were together off and on for eight months and we didn't see much of them. I never bought toothy tile as a real person to be honest.
- Isn't Harry's mum in NYC? Think she may have left today... bet she is loving the walk of shame pictures! Hmm
- [quote]Do you think Eleanor's Louis's beard, then?
Always have done. Not because of 'Larry' but because of other things specific to her and Louis.
I feel Modest have learned some lessons from the critical Larry fandom though. They've definitely tightened up their game with Louis and Eleanor. On a related note, the same may happen with Harry and Taylor. They've already gaffed with the hotel planning which looked ham-fisted (esp when you have locals standing there going: 'why the fuck didn't he cut through the restaurant or come out back) but they may play the rest out unexpectedly perhaps? No no quick split, no breakup song...
You can't keep pulling the same stunts every time so I might even expect (though it may not happen) a different approach.
I think I'm already missing Harry and Grimmy Waitrose and bj tweets.
- Even if it was a real thing,which i don't think it is,surely Harry would be more discreet about it? Everyone can guess what they might be doing in a hotel room but from interviews etc i've gotten the idea that Harry respects women but the "walk of shame" and his recent tweet "last night was the best i've ever done" make him look like a right prick,On the other hand same thing has happened with Caroline so maybe they are following the same line here.
Links- i really don't think they care much what the fans like? Sure they don't like the relationship but they wouldn't like Harry with anyone really,they might not approve of "Haylor" but they won't turn their backs on 1D or Taylor just for that,most (especially Taylor's fans) are used to her romances anyway and everyone is convinvced it won't last long.
OF COURSE it is the publicity they wanted,everyone is talking about them!Even people not familiar with one or another party will see them and discuss it,i really don't see anything negative out of it.
Look at Caroline,she got hugely critisized for dating a teenager but she's still in the scene,she is getting jobs and now everyone knows who she is.
- Lol, Simon Cowell being a big old closet hugger ain't at issue, r432. I just didn't know he was hugging it with Paul McKenna.
- Oh they can't keep Taylor forever if it's fake. She needs to keep it moving and she's too big to be held down by 1D. Not the best choice of beard imo, but great for a career boost. (She is much bigger than 1D in America.) I don't believe that Eleanor is a beard though, they seem a real couple in every way and if they wanted to hide his sexuality there would be need to go to the constant trouble.
- *No need, sorry
- [quote]Oh and Links, I didn't really think she and Jake were fake. They had fake photo ops, but were together off and on for eight months and we didn't see much of them. I never bought toothy tile as a real person to be honest.
No no Toothy Tile was real alright, just ignore Ted's embellishments.
I can't go into detail but I did have access to some pretty good info at one point and it did point towards Jake being involved with one guy in particular for a time.
When Taylor dated Jake there were howls almost right away. It was a PR circus from day one. For some reason the pairing just didn't fly with the public. Big age gap. Lots of soppy stories and magazine fillers. He was coming off some massive gay rumours and a string of alleged hookups with actresses (plus a dody story about US Olympic snowboarder, Gretchen Bleiler, that her boyfriend had to deny!) Taylor already had a rep as a beard.
Though nobody knows if they were genuine, because of timing and circumstances/assumption there's a good chance it was an arrangement. There used to be a date a day story about Jake at one time. He must have 'dated' half of the US female population.
- Pretend I can spell 'dodgy'.
- He could be bi, then, and if he had a boyfriend maybe he needed a coverup for that. I have a good friend who's seen with her own eyes how much Jake likes women.
- Ed was on the 'Katie' show in America which aired today (not sure if it was live) but she asked about taylor and harry, seemed awkward. He replied with "Well that's what the papers are saying" Link below...
- I thought I was the only one that found the "morning after" pictures a bit too much. And kind of gross. But I guess that level of tastelessness can only point to 1D's team making sure Harry is perceived as strictly straight. Especially in front of the american audience which, at the moment, I doubt knows much about the existence of Nick Grimshaw.
Maybe it's them trying to prevent something. Maybe they're afraid something incriminating might surface and they're trying to make it seem like the boy couldn't possibly be gay if he's having regular sex with an attractive female. I'm pretty sure that alone, could convince a lot of american fans (particularly young naive ones) of Harry's heterosexuality.
- [quote] i've gotten the idea that Harry respects women but the "walk of shame" and his recent tweet "last night was the best i've ever done" make him look like a right prick
It's always mixed messages with these guys. He, or whoever wrote that, certainly knew it could be read two or more ways, even if the premise was innocent and about the show, which was huge.
- Links - She's extremely driven career-wise, and I wonder if the early excitement (and press coverage) of a new relationship is all she needs? In the sense that she (paradoxically) doesn't really need a man. Dating an 18 year old who lives in a different continent and has a womaniser reputation plus a full diary just seems silly - even the dumbest bookie won't take bets on them lasting a year. She also doesn't pause between "relationships" which suggests there is no real depth to these unions.
R439 - Simon Cowell related publicity is often ill-thought out, like the Leona and Liam one. She's now back with her dancer boyfriend, predictably; pictures of them together surfaced the day after the Liam/Danielle pics. I assume they could only keep this up until MSG which Danielle wasn't going to miss.
Poor Ed. There's no escaping 1D and now Taylor talk, is there? Hope he got a chance to plug his own album, though I won't be surprised if interviewers start asking him to play Little things or Everything has changed.
- People are taking the Ed comment that Haylor is real, of course hes not going to say anything its not his place to.
- So what's the general consensus on this now? Real or not real?
- Ed is very talented but like everyone else linked with 1D especially Harry(see Nick for example)once their friendship becomes public it is all they get asked about.I think last year Ed was massively annoyed at some point when he kept getting questions about 1D rathen than his own work which he was promoting anyway!
It is expected that people would ask him about H/T since he is friendly with both,and his vague answers are expected too,it's not his type to talk about others personal lives anyway.
- Not real. PR.
- My thoughts too, r447. The public walk of shame he did (or had to do) was tasteless, once was bad but twice to bring the point home? That's not classy.
- "Last night was the best THING I've ever done", to correct the above.
I just read it as cheeky innuendo. I can totally see why some people would see it as offensive, and might think I'm excusing him because I like him, but honestly I think first and foremost it's about MSG; and the secondary meaning is meant to be a bit of a, "omg I had sex lol!!" kind of joke.
Which would actually make it very Harry and I'd be inclined to think it was definitely Harry who wrote it. Does it make anything ring more true, in which case? Or is it meant to be more of a sarcastic, knowing thing because he knows what people will be thinking?
Don't think I can watch the Ed Sheeran video, I'll get extreme second hand embarrassment. I don't think he'd want to confirm or deny before they do, so I don't think it's particularly got bearing on real/not real/PR.
- L girl- of what Haylor or Nick and Harry?
- I'll buy that the Pope buys his own shoes before I buy Haylor.
- R456, Haylor.
- Links the Ed video isn't bad,I watched it and I am a person who gets really embarrassed for people even when their made up characters on TV shows.
- Haylor - not real
- Of course Harry posted that on twitter,i don't understand why people(mostly fans)think that these boys are under massive control and their management is tweeting instead of them? Sure their tweets might be controlled but that's happening with all celebrities and apart from tweets thanks talk shows etc for interviewing them i'm pretty sure every other tweet comes from the boys themselves.
I did find that tweet a bit tasteless or may i say the double-meaning joke was tasteless but i guess we don't share the same sense of humor with Harry,it does fit his cheeky teen nature though.
I'm standing with my first impression on all this,L Girl.I think "Haylor" is all for publicity but i also think they are in friendly terms and like each other,i don't think they are in love or have romantic feelings for each other and judging by them both they don't seem to seek romance or "true love" anyway.
and i also do believe H/N were involved at some point,just a casual thing,not serious.
- I'm going for 'not real' for the moment.
I was momentarily swayed by the first night's sleepover but the second very obvious sleepover plus the timings and public nature of this whole thing just rings untrue to me.
Plus, there is just too much out there to discount N&H IMO.
(No luck with the DM peops btw. Gone before I got there. Hopefully N16 will have better luck)
- Harry definitely has dry humor, and I completely get that he knew someone would detect a double meaning and he thought that was funny. Even so, combined with the two blatant walks of shame now, it's just starting to gross me out. I never put him on a pedestal, he's always been cheeky, but I always considered him a bit more tasteful to the public. Maybe 16 year old Harry is still around more than we thought. Fun in interviews, not so much when he pulls this.
- A new tweet,i doubt it means much but i'm putting it here anyway
- 464- Its nothing its just two girls talking about it.
- I consider this his OFFICIAL COMING OUT!
- N16, who's ST?
- Not N16, but I believe ST = Sam T.
- R468, Thankyou.
- Harry appears to still be in NY, according to his last tweet.
- Haylor's still registering as PR on my radar.
- No grammy nom.
- Grammys keep last shred of dignity. 1D is campy and lowbrow and better stay that way. Zayn seems to realize this more than the others, who often take themselves way too seriously. I hope they never campaign for a nomination.
- Oh, they've nominated "worse" acts than 1D. They never win, but they use best new artist as a nod to breakthroughs, even if they're bubblegum pop.
- Zayn is the best, though.
- Is this real?
- 476, no it isn't. Its known to be a fake account. Note the two r's in the twitter name.
- R476 that is a fake account,Nick's twitter is @grimmers not @grrimmers ;)
- The two walks of shame are baffling when they could so easily be avoided? Be it real or not, the 'relationship' could have been conducted and PR'd without that aspect. Their mgmt must have known it would crush already wounded 1D fans making it a negative move.
There must have been a specific reason for it such as leaving no uncertainty in the public's mind about the nature of the relationship or Harry's hetro credentials.
I can't see how this isn't PR and wonder if it was influenced by the HolyMoly interview.
- L Girl,would the Holy Moly interview had a big effect you reckon? I am not in the media so i dont know how influencial Holy Moly are.
I think most people would take that comment as a joke and others would ignore it but surely it would raise some eyebrows too,i really didnt expect it!
The way i see it,someone really wants us to know that Harry is straight and sleep with girls,those sleepovers/walks of shame were super tasteless and made them both look bad,even if it was real you'd thought Harry would respect Taylor a bit more?! The image she has is very clean after all.It just doesnt fit with anything.
It's so unplanned and rushed and weird i dont see how it could be anything but PR.
- I don't know whether it would have had a major impact but it's out there along with general rumblings about Taylor being a beard and some news outlets questioning how real Haylor is (including the Daily Mail)
If I was their PR, I wouldn't take any risks.
- Well the only thing they achieved is to make people,like myself,question Harry's sexuality more.Harry could be straight but if he was would they really do that ridiculous sleepover/walk of shame twice? They are definitely want to make a point.
And when you have Taylor coming out of the hotel looking fresh and relaxed like she took 8 hours straight sleep and people claiming Harry left the hotel only to come back later(apart from DM i saw people on twitter saying the same and apparently fans who have camped outside saw him leaving too),i highly doubt anything happened at those sleepovers.
- So apparently harry has confirmed he is single? If that's true, surely this week with taylor has all been PR? why act like they have and then say they are not together unless it was for show???
- So Taylor was just a booty call then?
- Where did he confirm he was single?
- Links i am not the same poster but from what i've seen on twitter he apparently said so on E! News? I dont have E! In my country though so it's not something i watched myself and can confirm on.
- yeah, that's where I saw it and it's not confirmed which is wht I said IF it's true. I was looking at the pictures of haylor coming back to the hotel at 4am and all the ones where they are supposed to beholding hands are blurry while the others are totally in focus. there was only one bloke taking the pics. maybe the handholding ones where faked. it's hard to tell BECAUSE they are so blurry!!!
- what hotel is this? soho grand?
I may have to get my stalk on.
- the first night when they got back at 4am.don't know which hotel it is but the daily mail pictures are a mix of sharp and blurry ones and the only ones that are blurry are the ones that they are holding hands in so it's impossible to tell if they really or they have been manipulated...
- I think that might be taking it a bit far ... The shadows of her legs look a bit off against him, but faking a whole picture when they could just have them hold hands for real seems odd.
I'd wait for Friday for a confirmation on whether he says he's single or not. Although I'm not expecting a definitive answer even then.
- yeah maybe links but maybe it was an after thought? harry was very drunk apparently? you can't deny that it is only those pictures that are blurry and their blurryness makes it IMPOSSIBLE to tell if they have been photoshopped...
- I dont think the photos of them holding hands are photoshopped,the hand holding each self probably is staged but i dont think they'd go as far as photoshop the photos,there is no need.
I'm interested to see Harry's reply on Taylor but i don't think it's gonna change my mind on anything,Letterman's interviews are so predictable and rather boring anyway.
- yeah but why would some be in focus and some be blurry when they are from the same pap? its not even a distances or movement thing as there are sharp and blurry close ups and sharp and blurry shots when they are walking away. the only difference between the blurry and sharp ones is that in all the blurry ones they are holding hands. yeah that could have just held hands for the camera but maybe they didn't think to???
- I just think that's a bit too tinhatty. The hand-holding may have been staged, but with him going into the hotel and coming out the next morning, the idea's already there. There wouldn't be much need to photoshop in some hand holding.
- Wow, so Max Clifford has been arrested in connection to the JS case.. not that i'm surprised as he is the king of covering things up. Pretty sure Simon is one of his associates.
- I think it is definitely straying into Tumblr territory to say the pics are shopped. There's no need to - as others have said - the intent is pretty clear when two people go into a hotel together carrying an overnight bag!
- Max Clifford?! Bloody hell. Not surprising but that's high profile.
- Had a look; his arrest is not connected to Savile. Part of the same operation but the section looking into offences not related to Savile himself.
- Holy Moly article - seems like they've looked at the diary and seen how ridiculous it is, too. Also, a sneaky mention of Jake G, which makes little to no sense.
- Forgot the link ...
- I think everyone with a bit of common sense can see how ridiculous and staged the whole thing is!
The Jake mention is indeed sneaky and doesn't quite match with the article,he's not her most recent ex either so i don't know what to make of it.
- Whilst ostensibly a joke, Holy Moly's beard comment in the Union J interview illustrated their position on this.
- The JG reference couldn't be more shoe-horned in!
- So i suppose Holy Moly think this is a sort of bearding situation? Looks that way.
- A body language expert has (predictably) been called in to assess how real 'Hayor' is. She seemed unimpressed exclaiming "is this pairing for real?"
The article is on the entertainmentwise site if anyone is interested in looking it up.
- L girl- That is funny..
- The pictures of Swift and Styles remind me of my own days taking out girls to keep up appearances. Especially the respectful and standoffish body language.
- OK so I asked around- the breakfast team are very much a seperate entity to the main radio 1 'crew'. Grimmy is a lovely guy and a bit flirty- he is also coupled up. When my reply to this was whether it is styles the person in question laughed. I think its assumed at R1 that Grimmy is chasing him- but then if he is in a couple?
Hard to read- will keep you updated. Will try and speak to Breakfast production...
- R508 so Grimmy is in a relationship?
- R508, thanks. What makes you think it's assumed in R1 that N is chasing H?
Also, if you ask anyone close to N, pretty sure they'll flat out deny it!
- So is Grimmy dating someone else and chasing Harry or chased and got Harry and are now together? I'm confused.
- The smile and look was a "you wish" kind of look. I think his namedropping annoys people as well. Ive had convos with people who are annoyed Moyles was dropped from his contract early- whether that anger is directed towards Grimmy I dont know.
- R512, so did the person deny N was dating H?
- so Nick has a boyfriend?
- If Grimmy is coupled up then I'm not sure who it would be with if not Styles as he doesn't seem to have THAT much free time.
There are a few possibilities: Maybe Ian from the breakfast show? I'm not sure of his sexuality but I think he's straight. Or else maybe Tyler James who he's been pictured with a few times recently - does he go both ways? Or maybe his trainer he's mentioned a few times on the show and tweeted - and was he the guy Nick had his arm around in one of the park pictures with Harry/Aimee and company the day of the morph suit?
- The only people he is regularly pictured with are his female friends and Harry?
I can't imagine a boyfriend would be happy with N's supposed crush and constant socialising with H either?
Also, wouldn't all these media types that think H&N are together or even Link's friend have some sort of inkling?
- If Nick is seeing someone who isn't Harry then it must be someone out of the spotlight or else others would be gossiping about it too
I think at this point Links' friend could have been correct; it seems as if Grimmy chased Harry but nothing happened? it comes in contrast with all the other info we've gotten though,and some came from inside the BBC right?
I would assume H/N maybe had something and maybe Harry saw it as a joke but Nick wanted more? It is possible
R515 i think Ian is straight as well as Fincham and i'm not sure if Ian and Nick were close before the Breakfast show? There aren't much info on Tyler James but i assume he's straight too,and doesn't seem close with Grimmy,more like an occassional pal.
I'm afraid i know nothing about the trainer,i wouldn't read much from that scene at the park though as he wasn't with them the entire time and Nick seems very flirty/touchy,you can tell so from most of his pictures(paps or personal).
- If N's "coupled up", why does he say he's single?
- I find it hard to picture Nick seeing anyone due to how much of his time is occupied. In pictures on his instagram and his friends, Aimee, Pixie etc when they're at shows the pictures they have nobody out of he ordinary seems to be there? Surely they'd come to social gatherings with you? Unless they are quite busy themselves? RE: N chasing H, I wouldn't be surprised.
- If its not Harry the only other person I would think it could be is Ian but I have no idea what his sexually orientation is, but Nick has been following him on twitter longer than anyone else, but that most likely doesn't mean anything.
- L Girl- i assume if Nick got a boyfriend then it's probably something that happened very recently and it would explain why not many people know about it,it could also explain why we don't see much of H/N,maybe Nick likes spending time with his new man instead?
On the other hand Harry has been away for most of the time we haven't seen H/N together and up until the end of October their behaviour was rather couple-y; you can say that the Nandos lunch/Villandry/going back to BBCR1 was a friendly thing but the next day Harry was papped leaving Nick's house right before the Ed gig at Brighton(and someone spotted him parking at PH earlier)which would suggest a couple move.He was also spotted at PH right before leaving for the airport for America(?).
And there are the tweets between Grimmy/Anne/Gemma,the tweets from people in the industry who might not work for BBC but i don't suppose they would know much less or more than the people our informer asked etc,especially since these people don't seem to particularly like Grimmy anyway.
and like you said,if Grimmy was with someone i don't think that person would be okay with Grimmy constanly having Harry as his companion,especially if Nick actually has a crush on him and chased/is chasing him.
Last but not least,Grimmy is often pictures in nights out and events and always with his female friends,he might have a boyfriend waiting back home and he is a very private person but i just don't see a boyfriend fitting in his scedule as we know it.
- Ian to me screams hetero, but I could be wrong.
- I love this pic of Nick, Ian and Fiona!
- Here is one with Nick, Matt, and Ian!
- I'm pretty sure Ian is straight too,he did appear to have a big crush on Emma Watson when she was on the show(and that's why he went with Nick to watch Perks,then Harry joined)and i'm pretty sure other celebrity female crushes of his have been mentioned on the show,obviously this could mean nothing but he screams hetero to me too.
Also if it's him and Nick chased Harry then wouldn't it be super awkward? He has seen himself H/N interacting and has commented on it in a teasing/joking way rather than a "jealous boyfriend" one.
After the LADSFM thing,Nick spent the day with Harry not Ian and after Perks he did went on dinner with Harry and Ian wasn't there
As for the follow,i don't think it means anything.I'm pretty certain Nick isn't following Ian on Instagram for example,Aimee does.
- Now that Aimee is staying with Nick in his one bedroom flat - you'd think he'd not be staying at home as much and instead would be at the boyfriend's house but other than the time he said he slept over at a friend's (who many of us assumed to be Harry because of the "haunted" comments) he is usually talking about letting Aimee in at certain hours or
Someone awhile back speculated when he would talk about his cell ring for a few days rather than his blaring alarm at home that he was staying somewhere else (and maybe at Harry's because the timing kind of coincided with his arrival and departure) those nights but he's been mentioning his own flat a lot this past week so not having a bed to share doesn't seem to conducive to a relationship.
The trainer has a kid (so likely straight), but by his tweets spends a lot of time with Annie, Aimee, and Grimmy. And having a kid at home would explain the lack of sleepovers. And on the Ian side of things they spend a lot of time together but also teased Ian about Emma Watson and Girls Aloud.
- apparently Harry confirmed he was single on Letterman?
- By the sounds of it, the R1 guy didn't deny it was Harry? He just laughed.
The poster didn't seem that sure what it all meant so I wouldn't assume N does have a bf?
- To be honest, I think the consensus is Taylor and Harry has to be PR (and I know I thought it might be real, but the hotel shit has just turned me right off; completely tasteless).
But it's looking less and less like Nick and Harry is a thing that's happening, at least not now.
- L Girl i agree,the info that this poster had weren't exactly clear,for example N having a bf but chasing H at the same time,so i don't think we should take it all for granted until further info come up.
By this i mean no offence to this person but obviously people wouldn't openly gossip about Grimmy in his workplace and since they aren't close to him nor appear to like him much i would be cautious about how legit the info is.
- I agree with Links. They're really pushing something with that hotel thing and it's probably turning a lot of young fans off. The only solution would be Harry reacting negatively to how private he's been forced to be in the past. Either way it's tacky and most likely BS.
But yes it also doesn't sound like N/H is true.
I think Harry might like Taylor and Taylor might be somewhat using Harry. She seems a bit too powerful for him, anyway. I don't think she needs a man, and I don't mean to say she's gay. Nothing wrong with not needing a man at this point in her life (other than for songs).
- Q- i don't think Taylor is so powerful to be using Harry or anyone,she seems a bit romantic and reserved and doesn't come accross as a strong personality.
I could believe that there is a mutual interest or that it's all PR but not that Taylor is using Harry,the role doesn't fit her and as much as i love Harry i can't see him being so helpless in love that would be allowed to be used.Everything he has done with Taylor is too open too,unlike Harry's style since everyone says he's keeping things to himself etc.
The whole thing is so right in our faces i don't see how it could be anything but staged.
- What I mean by powerful is in the industry, especially in America. She's on top right now. Harry can get some help from her and that's about it, but I'm not sure if that's even his concern.
- Taylor has a rep for having her people call paps on everything, regardless of who she's with or what she's doing. She is very mechanical in that sense. Very very ambitious. I don't think Harry is a lovesick puppy, I think he knows what's going on and is having fun with it anyway. Taylor probably is, too. The hotel photos push it past the line of reasonable, though, and I can't figure it out. It might be that this is the only time they'll have to spend together and they want to make it abundantly clear to the public exactly what's going on because it won't last long but it'll benefit both.
- I think there is enough reason to believe H&N have been involved and plenty of reasons to explain why they are not currently seen together (I won't detail them as apparently I'm not allowed to repeat my views lol)
So as to the current status of their relationship, I'm reserving judgement on that for the moment.
- I also think 'Haylor' is blatant PR and don't believe anything 'romantic' (short lived or otherwise) is going on.
- L Girl- haha! And I agree with what u said.
- Q,sorry for misunderstanding you,yes i agree with the definition you gave on "powerful",she sure knows how to do bussiness and how to be successful,she has achieved so much in not much time.
L Girl,i agree with you.
- I don't think I'd call it "romance" either. Just some fun. Just my opinion. It doesn't mean it's impossible that anything ever happened with Nick. But if Nick might be coupled up... maybe it's moot at this point.
- I used the word 'romantic' as a euphemism for shagging...
- Q - if you think its a moot point at this point, why still discuss. I don't think you ever thought they were together so I'm confused by you interest in a Nick and Harry forum discussion? Please do explain.
- Incidentally, I don't think there is any confirmation that Harry has said he is single is there?
I wouldn't be surprised if he either says he's not single or is non committal on the subject. The last few days will defiantly be viewed as PR if he says he is single.
- I'm not convinced anything is going on at all. And I think the way they're doing it is tasteless. I'm surprised either party is happy with it.
Basically, all this could amount to is casual fucking, due to their schedules over the next year and their schedules in recent months. Unless they have managed to build something strong over telephone/text/email etc. (Which I'm seeing as unlikely) then from now until, what, September next year? They'd have to build a relationship almost from scratch that way. Which I don't think anyone would recommend.
So if it's casual fucking, why be blatant? They'd want to hide that more; this isn't just maturing an image, it's not something the public wants to see (judgemental or not).
So how do we know Harry confirmed his singledom on Letterman?
- 541 - because we're all discussing it? And because I never discounted the possibility that something may have ever happened? Again I'm being singled out when Links and I have a lot of similar opinions.
- Links- apparently a girl who was at the taping posted it on twitter/tumblr but I have not seen it so who knows?
- Exactly Links, the public does not want to see this, the fandom does not want to see this, and the fandoms mothers sure don't. Maybe they're trying to use reverse psychology on us :) Why would they go to such ugly lengths if it wasn't true? (I'm being facetious)
- Q- I think why people single u out is because from what I remember from ur posts u have never really believed anything has gone on between Harry and Nick, while Links has.
- Links seems to change her views depending on what information is currently available as do most posters.
Q, you have been very consistent in your views from day one. I have to agree with 541. If you think there is no point in discussing N&H (& it has always seemed that way tbh) why are you on a forum dedicated to discussing them?
- All my posts have done is point out the errors in your logic when trying to determine whether N/H is real. If you want to solve a mystery you better make sure your clues are accurate.
- Q, the only reason I can think they would advertise casual shagging is to combat the gay rumours.
- It could be that or it could be a rush job on creating a relationship because they won't have any time to do so otherwise with their schedules, and inevitably it won't last. But if more gay rumours made their way to America in the future then yes, this would be a good retroactive strategy.
- I don't think they would use reverse psychology or anything,i think that's stepping a bit too far in theories,if it's anything it's bad handled publicity,even if there is some truth to Haylor they are definitely pushing it for publicity and obviously in the wrong way.
My guess is that they want to present it as "they don't have much free time to spend together so they are taking advantage of every minute".
The info about Harry saying he is single seems to be coming from fans that were at the audience like it happened with Ellen.
- I agree, L Girl and posted as much at r432.
Q - I like you. Stick around.
- Q, Haylor maybe happening in the US but our press is full of it. Harry and Nick press and rumours have all but dissapeared....
I don't think this is all about the American market.
- Tribeca hater, do you did!
I should add, I don't think they are actually shagging btw (although we couldn't possibly know)
I thought the body language expert was interesting though.
- * so you did (v tired)
- Sorry, I do change my mind constantly it's probably v annoying!!
If the park had been followed by more intimate and relatively innocent dates I might not have reverted - but as TriBeCa Hater said, the overnight stay is too, too blatant. Harry could have been seen to be dating; but why does he have to be seen as having sex?? It's very much "his relationship with Caroline was all about sex" all over again, but with pictures just in case we missed that.
The fact that it's Taylor makes for good American profile building.
People should stop bitching at Q, they might have some differing view but they're being sensible too, not just trolling!
(These threads are bitched about all over DL, let's not be harsh on someone who seems to want to stick around haha.)
- I agree on all accounts. Not sleeping together (more likely doing each others makeup if we are taking bets).
The body language expert was a nice touch, if not a legitimate exercise.
Last, was the MC (don't want to say the full name incase his people troll and have this thread deleted) arrest what you were hinting at earlier?
- Thanks to the couple of you who are sticking up for me, it warms my cold heart. I think I'm trying to play fair here.
- We'll melt you down soon enough - once you're in it's impossible to leave ...
- Links- tell me about it, I have no idea how I got into this and I have no idea how to leave butI dont really want to. haha, I really need a life.....
- Links, it isn't annoying. We may have been 'unsettled' by your change of heart on Haylor last week but I think everyone genuinely values the posters who do change their views depending on the changing info out there. I do anyway as those are the views clearly not biased in anyway.
Q, to be fair, hasn't always been that pleasant to posters on here...
TriBeCa hater, was your MC question aimed at me? I wasn't sure if you were referring to my info on the JS list?
- I've been here for a while and kept my sanity. I do talk to people from all aspects of this situation though, and try not to go by hunches. I have people who know Nick but have no right to ask them anything, nor do I think they'd know much.
- Q- i don't find your posts annoying,i guess it's probably the way you say things that might bother some but it's always interesting seeing things from different aspects!
I've been following this story for a long time myself and my views change depending on the information we're getting,i still haven't decided on anything but i do feel as if N/H were more than friends at some point.
I think it's gonna be interesting to see if they're going to spend any time together when Harry returns.
- Out of interest why is it generally thought that Nick is the one chasing Harry and not the other way round, as a fair warning, this may be lengthy.
Going through what has been previously said their friendship seems to have started at a GQ dinner when Harry suggested that they BBM each other (it's mentioned when Nick sits in for Scot Mills; Nick sounds happy but surprised about the situation), not long after at the Teen Awards 2011, Harry slaps Nick on the backside (not something I have seen Harry do to anyone but the rest of 1D and unusual since it's the second or third time they have met); then they meet up in Manchester (again apparently Harry's idea) a couple of days after a radio interview.
On Valentine's Day Harry flies back from Paris with 1D and goes straight to met Nick.
Seemingly this happens often when he is leaving or arriving in the country.
On the Call or Delete it is Harry who suggests that Nick says that he is in love with him; which was a little unexpected.
In the summer Harry is spotted with Nick in PH or outside of Nick's flat and Harry himself says that he is at Radio 1 for Nick's show every night, and is seen driving him to and fro most evenings, although he lives the opposite side of London. And in the film of Nick's last evening show Harry certainly appears to be very attached; literally at some points.
Then there is the iTunes festival interview; both somewhat giddy, and the other reports of Harry singing to Nick when performing.
Even more recently it seems that he stayed on at CIN after the rest of 1D had left for Nick, and after that he is seen in PH again just before leaving for Germany.
Now obviously Harry has been invited to all of these things, and we know that Nick also attends ID events (both Liam and Niall have mentioned this) but it really does seem that Harry is fitting into Nick's life and not the other way round which is not really something one would expect if Nick is the one chasing him.
(Apologies if this doesn't read especially well but I was worried that it would be even longer if I went for proper sentences.)
- Q aren't you American? Do u have friends who live in England?
- At this point anything could be true. It could be genuine with Taylor, he could be with Nick, he could be with another girl (aka cara, caroline etc.), he could be having some secret affair with one of his bandmates, he could be playing the field with girls or boys... the point is there is absolutely no way of proving one way or another whats true and whats not. You could find 'evidence' for all of the above but surely it can't all be true.
- Maybe I'm being kind, but I think frustration at people sometimes being unable to see the wood for the trees can lead to people sounding harsh. I know I've maybe come across the same way.
And it's always useful to have someone pull you back down to earth when you start getting carried away!
- I live in America and am from London (moved when I was very young though and my language might be a mix) and have friends in NYC and London who know Nick through business situations. I also have friends who vaguely know a couple of 1D members. Probably not as connected as Links. But as I said, I work in media, and before I did I spent a lot of time around bands and hipsters, gaining connections (among other things). Thank you for asking!
I think you can look at it two ways - Harry could spend a lot of time with Nick because he wants to be with him. Harry could also exaggerate the amount of time he spends with Nick to make himself look cleaner to someone he's crushing on. Nick as wingman might be far-fetched, but either way they are obviously quite genuine friends at the least.
- R566 very interesting post,i haven't seen it from this aspect!
I think most people might assume,without actual info,that Nick is chasing Harry because he is older,openly gay and has a reputation for liking them younger.If someone questioned their friendship i suppose they would assume Nick is the one wanting more.
I might be wrong but i think this could be the case with the BBC person who provided info to one of our posters.
- R567 Q means on this thread and talking to people here ...
R566 I absolutely agree; although I think part of it is Harry wanting his lifestyle, as well as being enamoured of Nick himself. The idea of being a cool indie Londoner is definitely something Harry subscribes to.
I hadn't thought of it all in consequence like that, though, it is very Harry at least tailing Grimmy for one reason or another.
- Q Thanks for the answering! I am American so I dont have any connections but my brother is very connect to English party DJs but that really has nothing to do with this.
- I do still find it really odd that Links' friend who actually knows Harry said he had been with Taylor all year. That's something it's hard to get past.
- Q- I thought Links friend knew Nick not Harry?
- Links, I'm not sure if you are saying Q is seeing things more clearly than everyone else (if so, I disagree) but my issue with Q is that all her posts have been negative towards the idea of H&N and visibly biased.
I saw an argument on here the other day where someone was being overly aggressive towards Q (which wasn't nice) but they had a point.
I just prefer the views of posters that appear to have no clear desire to believe one thing over another or, if they do, are able to believe info that goes against views they normally hold.
Those people clearly have no agenda.
- 568 - not sure if your comment was regarding my comment directly over - 567- if it was I have only included things which have been discussed on air or photographed so I think it is all true. My point wasn't to speculate about the nature of their friendship just to point out that it doesn't seem to be as one-sided as Nick chasing Harry, which does seem to be unfair to Nick as anything between them seems far more equal than that.
- Oh, I see, it was just a curious question!
Sounds like you're far more connected than me! My friend is probably three degrees from Styles himself, if not more. One from Nick but I doubt has had a proper conversation if even met him.
I don't think Harry's exaggerating though. I think he genuinely spent a lot of time with Nick then (if not now, as we can't be sure). I don't think Nick would have initially been so keen to talk about his good friend if not.
The fact that he barely mentions him, even in publicity based links and convos, I find sus.
- L Girl, I think a lot of people here ARE biased and WANT Nick and Harry to be together. Often they will try to match clothes that aren't the same, or theorize that Harry must be with Nick when we aren't getting photos of him. I find those things to be biased.
By disputing those, and not disputing the possibility of them having some sort of relationship (nor disputing the possibility of Harry and Taylor) I consider myself unbiased and without agenda. I'm interested in the story and how many different directions it could take. But I will not grasp at straws and I will call people out when they do. In the future I'll try to do it more politely, if that would suit you.
- Links - Given that they are pushing the relationship with Taylor I think it would be stranger if he did keep on mentioning him; after all whatever their relationship he must know that there are rumours linking the two of them and this is not what 1D want at the moment.
- To be clear:
My friend is very close to a friend of Nick's. Technically he has access to social events Nick would attend; and to information on Nick himself if he asked for it. I think that when he said a year, he meant early this year. However, the person he is close to who knows Nick is not THAT close to Nick himself. They're more industry friends that friends before the band formed.
I really don't want to talk about this too much because it's far too close to home for me. You either believe this info or you don't - and I do not care either way. It wasn't meant to stretch out this far!
I don't mean Q is seeing things more clearly. I mean they're not afraid to express an opposite view, even if it's something we don't like. I haven't found them offensive personally. Why does it matter that they don't agree with H/N?! If we all believed devotedly here this wouldn't be a discussion. Someone not agreeing is no bad thing.
- As for my connections I know two who know Nick, one hangs out with him socially once in a while, one only knows him through work but they're friendly. I know one person who more or less knows the whole band, but is only good friends with Zayn and to a lesser degree, Louis.
Luckily giving out that information doesn't incriminate me because they're all from difference sources, but I can't really go into anymore detail on who they are.
- Q, but what have you heard from them? What do you know?
- I meant *that weren't friends before the band was formed.
No one here would have heard of my friend. Harry Styles himself probably does not know my friend. Nick Grimshaw would know the name but would not count him as a friend or even associate to my knowledge.
- I think the problem with contacts is largely knowing how much of what they actually believe is true. There is often no reason to doubt their faith in their views but they still don't have to be correct.
If someone wants to keep a relationship secret, they do, often using misdirection, and the close friends who do know are not going to tell anyone just because they are asked.
- Q, I agree, we are all guilty of doing that sometimes, myself included. I've certainly thought clothes sharing has gone on when it hasn't etc etc...
However, being suspicious and looking beyond the obvious isn't ALWAYS tin-hatting. The media and management of people in 'controversial/sensitive' situations WILL deliberately mislead the public. It is not unreasonable to think this COULD be going on here. Famous people do have relationships that they would like to hide and action will be taken to conceal said relationships.
Yes, we don't know that it is definately happening here but the idea that it is is not unreasonable and should not automatically be dismissed (particularly when we have seen evidence of this with H&N)
I often (to the annoyance of most on this thread) see info that makes me believe that Flack and Harry could still be seeing each other. I dislike the Idea of this immensely so I'm certainly not one for only seeing/believing what I want to.
I also have no problem when posters who dispute popular theories on here. My issue (for want of a better word) with you is that I have only ever seen posts that dispute the idea that H&N are together or suggest Harry is seeing a girl.
If you have information that we don't that leads you to believe this, then fine, please share. Put us out of our misery.
But If you don't, if you are as clueless as the rest of us, then respect other people's opinions/interpretations. Because at the moment, you come across as condescending and dismissive. Particularly when anyone questions anything as being something it's not.
(IF, for example, Harry and Nick are in a relationship that they are trying to hide, the idea that they may be seeing each other on the quiet is hardly unreasonable)
- R583 I think Q said in R564 that they don't like asking questions and that maybe their friends wouldn't know much anyway.
Personally i don't even live in the UK or have any connections,i do have some media connections but they don't expand further than my country,and my country isn't that big or interesting.
- As I said, I haven't talked to Nick's acquaintances because it would be embarrassing/unprofessional/probably fruitless.
Zayn won't let out information about anyone. He and Louis are protective of Harry. They're the ones to confide in. My acquaintance is very respectful of that, too (not that I've asked). He's known Zayn for a long time. But Zayn and Louis did tease Harry about Taylor quite a bit, just like the rest teased Zayn about Perrie.
Other than the hotel photos, everything about Haylor does seem to make sense to me, so I'm bewildered at this point. The walks of shame put it all out of whack.
- Q - Now this may well not be the case, but if Zayn and Louis knew that there was going to be a Taylor/Harry PR relationship in the near future, and if that is what it is, it would have been planned for quite a while, going ahead no doubt when Taylor was single next, then it would have been perfectly normal for them to have teased Harry about it.
- Sure, 589, there could be all kinds of solutions. I'm just bewildered at this point. You could say that even if N/H were involved casually, Harry could have still had a thing for Taylor. You could say a ton of other things, too. I felt like I've seen a lot of genuine evidence in Harry's reactions to things, but now I'm confused.
By the way how do I reply to a reply so that it links to the comment? Never figured that out.
- I would never ask directly (it was brought up apart from me when someone asked generally who Harry was dating and then jokingly is it Grimshaw ha ha etc. - perhaps hence the very blunt and slightly unkind reply - and we were told an "as far as we know from X, Y, Z it's TS but Grimmy wants in").
Does no one else find it uncomfortable that someone earlier has been asking around R1?!
Basically, I think my viewpoint was with Q - things added up about Harry and Taylor, but the hotel stuff to me is almost too publicity orientated to coincide with a genuine relationship, because it's so crass. To acclimatise fans and public alike to a genuine relationship, I feel they'd be far more subtle, innocent and quiet.
i.e. The Eleanor and Louis approach, which in most other situations (read: where Larry doesn't have such a cult, intense following) would have worked. Similarly, Zayn and Perrie. The latter especially don't shove it in anyone's face (unfortunately to a degree, Louis must keep his relationship somewhat public and constantly known).
- Q - literally R and then the post number you're referring to!
- OH and we need a new thread soon (eek, quick isn't it).
- R592 thank you, assuming this worked
- Links, what do you find sus about Nick not mentioning Harry on his show so much these days? (if that's what you were saying)
- Harry photographed leaving his hotel a little bit ago with his trusty overnight bag in hand. Guess photographing him with his bag leaving that hotel adds a little bit of a change in scenery for pap photos. Not a single member of 1D has left out the front or even been photographed at their hotel.
- MTV just released this video of previous "Haylor" hints in interviews. These are from, like, waaaay earlier in the year. Any thoughts on this?
- I don't have anything much to add to this discussion but I just wanted to chime in regarding a previous post about how American fans might love the idea of Taylor/ Harry. From a North American perspective, I strongly dislike the coupling as does everyone I know (and just to clarify, I'm not the regular "fangirl" age) despite the fact that the couple can be viewed as pop royalty. Also, from what I can gather from the greater North American public (via twitter), no one seems to be bouncing off the walls about how great it is that these two hugely successful musicians are coming together (although hugely successful is definitely an over-exaggeration for One Direction over here). That being said, I just don't understand why they would have put them together. No one seems to like it and everyone thinks it's fake. I assume they just simply didn't foresee this negative reaction.
- Thanks, R596!