World's largest organism dying
A 106 acre aspen grove in Utah, where every individual is a genetically identical clone from a single root system, is dying due to climate change.
- Is there an update since that article is a year old?
- It consists of 47,000 trees.
- Granted it's not as big in area as the honey mushroom system in Oregon that covers 2,200 acres, but it weighs approximately 6,000 tons, much bigger in terms of mass. And much older too.
- So too nobody's really surveyed all of Russia, Canada, and the Congo looking for the biggest trees and fungi, but nonetheless, it's the biggest one so far discovered.
- Yea but did you guys hear about the iPhone 6!?!?
- You would die to if you had to live in Utah.
- Victory is mine.
- And I thought this thread was about Sally Struthers...
- Over the years Utah has had a lot of radiation from bomb tests and now from Japan.
DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery.
Talking to DataLounge servers.
Please wait a moment...