- He was cute in the original documentary.
- Ugh, that documentary felt so staged. And exploitive. Those guys are fame whores.
- Old DL Catfish thread, including speculation on Nev's sexuality:
- He pretended to be heterosexual in his documentary. That was fun to watch.
- OP - this thread is kinda homophobic. You know this is a gay site, right?
- Anyone watching right now?
- Seems every episode will be that the catfish is overweight
- The series is more fascinating than the movie in the fact that the series feels more real. Of course, this could be staged too, but it seems more real.
I particularly loved the episode where the blonde southern belle thought she was chatting online to this studly male model for years only to find out that she was really talking to a chubby, disheveled bull-dyke the entire time.
This sort of thing happens more than you know. I know a couple of people who've been duped like this IRL.
- The OP is just annoyed that Nev pretends to be straight, R5. (You do know Nev is gay, right?)
- It's such BS. What will the mystery person be like? Will they even show up? How could we know? Except we have to mike them up before hand and get permission to film in their homes. Maybe we even get a cameraman into the home beforehand to film the catfish victim reaction as the catfish opens the door.
- R8-I saw that she was so pissed. But there was no way she could have really believed that was a guy's voice. Plus her sister had been talking online to "the model" before her.
Tonight was Kya and Dani.
- How can these people be talking to someone for YEARS and not figure out something's amiss, yet these two gays can sit down in a Starbucks with their laptop and have it all figured out within an hour? No wonder every episode is a MESS.
- WTF kind of tattoo is that on Kya's chest?
- [quote]The host Nev Schulman is so gay. He was a former ballet dancer, right?
Yup, is a trained ballet dancer.
- [quote]How can these people be talking to someone for YEARS and not figure out something's amiss, yet these two gays can sit down in a Starbucks with their laptop and have it all figured out within an hour? No wonder every episode is a MESS.
Because a lot of people suspend disbelief and delude themselves because they want to believe that an attractive, witty person would 1) be into them. 2) Be so into them that they'll sit and chat online or on the phone with them for hours each day.
If you really look at most of the "catfish victims" on the show, they aren't that great themselves. They're not a raving mess like the "catfish" but they aren't supermodels either.
- All of what R15 said.
These people seriouly need to believe these people are what they say. It helps them not to make changes in their own lives and remain deluded.
- R13-I have no clue. Kya seems like she will accept anything. She is already refering to Dani as a man. Because that's what she truly wanted. A man to be into her . I get she is obese but, she could have dressed up a bit more and did her hair. I think in the long run Dani won't like it. She is just too lazy and wants to be accepted without doing little to changed herself. Dani just wants to be identified as a man.
- I have wondered if Max was more than his camera toting friend. Both are lovely to look at.
- They are. I luv Nev & Max.
- This show is a schadenfreude's lovers dream.
If you do a drinking game based on the weight (plus-sized) and gender of the catfisher (female), you would have alcohol poisoning after 5 minutes.
- "If you do a drinking game based on the weight (plus-sized) and gender of the catfisher (female), you would have alcohol poisoning after 5 minutes."
You must have missed the one about the chubby guy pretending to be a male stripper or the guy who weighed like 500 pounds....
- I can't believe that, if Nev were gay, he wouldn't want to trim or wax that forest on his chest before showing it on MTV.
- Actually, R22, I find that very appealing. Body-scaping, like tattoos and piercings, is pretty trashy.
- says the Eldergay, R23
- Little Ronnie Reagan was a ballet dancer, and he's not gay.
- Nev is from a super rich New york real estate family. Madonna rented his Grandfather Lowell Schulman's Llly Pond Lane estate in Easthampton. He is great on camera and could be MTV's answer to Jimmy Fallon or Kimmel. He will have a long career. He is most likely bisexual. His father is rumored to be gay.
- I love Nev's hairy chest.
Part of me wants to catfish someone, just so I can be on the show and meet him.
- FYI, you bitches *do* know that the movie "Catfish" was 100% fake, right? That it was intended to be a mockumentary a la "Blair Witch Project," but a few too many people thought it was real? I would assume the TV show is the same.
- To clarify: we have no *actual* indication that he's gay, right? Just a ton of baseless speculation? Not even any rumored bfs? Typical DL...
- Just read the other thread. The gay "rumors" are based on these comments:
"I think Nev is really gay, and he's just playing str8 in the movie."
"I get a gay vibe from his partner with the camera."
"Nev and Max have to be banging each other. They argue like gays in at least a 3-year relationship."
Well, this explains why at least *some* of you are so gullible, and even think the "Catfish" movie was real!
- "That it was intended to be a mockumentary"
It was never intended to be a mockumentary
- I always assumed that Nev was fucking his friend/co-host from the show.
I used to be a "catfish", but never took it as far as some of these assholes do.
- r32, how far did you take the catfishing? Just curious.
- Just chatting online for a week or two, r33.
Maybe a few fake photos.
One time a posted a photo of a man in drag under the women seeking men section of Yahoo personals.
The ad was an obvious fake, and I still got quite a few replies from horny guys.
- "Just chatting online for a week or two, R33."
What amazed me is how some of these people devote so much time and energy to the catfishing. Mhissy the Ghetto Ubercunt was catfishing some chick for two years! I can see punking someone for a couple weeks...but a couple years?!
- [quote]says the Eldergay, [R23]
Undoubtedly, but you must be trashy too.
- Everytime im flipping threw the channels I stop on this show because by gaydar goes off and i think i'm watching two gay guys. I quickly turn it when i realize it's MTV Cheaters.
- [Quote]This show is a schadenfreude's lovers dream.
- Just watched the one with Mhissy (yes, that is spelled correctly). When she came out Jazmine acted so weird I thought maybe they used to be lovers.
- That was weird.
- I thought so too R39. They guy Josh was never shown only in a pic. I find it weird why Mhissy devoted two years of her life to make Jasmine's miserable.
Also Jasmine is lying. She isn't from NYC she is from VA.
- How long do you all think Kya and Dani will stay together?
They are together for all the wrong reasons.
- "How long do you all think Kya and Dani will stay together?"
Dani said that they have already broken up
- I've seen a couple of places where someone says that Dani said they broke up. Does anyone have a link or anything?
- R43 When was this ? Details please!
- Dani's answered the break up question several times on his tumblr. He said they lasted a few months after filming. He's now dating another girl he met on tumblr.
- Link to the tumblr please !
- Nev is a terrible actor
- R29 and R30 are homophobes.
- Dani's tumblr is beneathburiedseas
- I wish Nev would come out.
I just saw the cutest pic of Nev and RJ King.
- if you watched his original documentary or whatever it was.. you will see him in his red underwear and a tramp stamp tattoo on his lower back... yuck
- In the original movie, he knew long before he showed it that he wasn't actually talking to the girl that the "catfish" claimed she was. They filmed him telling her with a knowing look on his face to the camera that she sounded different than he expected on the phone. I also don't believe that he was ever in love with any woman.
- If Nev would come out, I would welcome him with open arms! His assistant (boyfriend?) has beautiful salt and pepper hair.
- Nev sure found time to take cute pics with RJ King.
- R8, you only got part of it right:
studying to be a radiologist online
Chelsea Handler cue card guy
Also, when Lev said they found stuff searching online, she replied: "well, it's not like I'm going to google someone or anything"
at least she's not a stalker
- R57-Remember she didn't believe he would lie about his sisters dying. Like who would tell such extreme lies !
Sunny has tweeted the show lied and she doesn't speak to Chelsea. They aren't friends.
At least RJ was nice to her about it all.
- [quote]Seems every episode will be that the catfish is overweight.
They should have named it "Blowfish". Oh!
- I love Nev he is so cute and I don't believe he is gay, but either way I will tune in to watch his fine ass. What a turn on to be a genius and hot, I can't ask for more.
- A lot of straight men are ballet dancers like jean Claude van dame and Patrick swayze
- I was watching the movie Catfish again, and didn't understand why Nev put up with the whole facade, and didn't demand right away why the woman lied. You feel sorry for her, but still..
- They had a black, overweight, queeny gay guy on last night. He used a blond female as his profile pic, and got 100's of horny guys to have online sex and send cock pics to him.
When confronted by the Catfish team and Tyler (the catfishee), he made excuses about how he has such a hard time being gay in a small town, etc. He was so not sorry -- he was full of bullshit when caught. It was also revealed that: 1) he used multiple fake profiles to play his game and 2) he got kicked out of college cause he pulled this routine on his RA and got caught.
Tyler was cute but dumb. He was so dazzled by the pretty face (and sexy talk online) that he was went along on a basically futile trip to maybe find his true love online. I was yelling "you fool" at my TV all during this episode. To Tyler's credit even though he was pretty pissed by the deception, he didn't get aggressive. He gave Aaron some advice about not hiding who he is.
The episode ended with an update that Aaron has moved to NYC to be able to live his life in an accepting community.
- Another thing about Aaron; he said he used a picture of a blond, blue-eyed female on the profile cause that's what he wishes he really was. I think he also admitted that he liked to lure straight men.
The most remarkable fact is he fooled these guys cause he never Skype'd or even called them; all communication was via email or text so they never heard Aaron's voice. All of these guys went into this "relationship" with a person whose excuse for never speaking to them was "I don't have a cellphone". In 2012! Tyler went along with that for almost 2 years. How crazy is that?
It's sad that Aaron didn't spend some of his internet time looking for help with his identity problem.
- Nev is a hottie- so is his pal. Great personality & manner too.
- "The most remarkable fact is he fooled these guys cause he never Skype'd or even called them; all communication was via email or text so they never heard Aaron's voice."
Memo to all the straight guys looking for love/sex on the internet....
If a "hot model" or stripper type starts engaging you in cybersex and begging you for dick pics but won't ever talk to you on the phone or send pictures of herself....you are chatting with a guy.
- Oooh, that last one was awful..
- Once I saw Aaron living in NYC,I was happy for him but concerned.
Most of his identity issues comes from not being able to express who he is and problems from childhood.
I felt sorry for Aaron so did Tyler.
I don't believe Aaron was really sorry until he realized Tyler was mad but took the time to understand him.
The update Tyler gave his friends was funny.
But two years and no phone calls? He's almost as dumb as Jasmine.
- [quote]"The most remarkable fact is he fooled these guys cause he never Skype'd or even called them; all communication was via email or text so they never heard Aaron's voice."
Everyone should know that it's a "Red Flag" that someone is not being truthful. A lot of these people on Catfish are stupid not to see that.
Btw, I get the feeling that Nev is not a nice guy when the camera stops rolling.
- r39. Every board I've been on, a few people have come to that conclusion. I know I did. I totally believe they used to mess around.
- R70, Nev interviewed Mhissy a few weeks ago, and she confirmed that their relationship started out sexual. Jasmine came up to her at the mall and asked " Are you into girls?"
The interview was posted on the Catfish Facebook page.
- Lesbian drama!
- The Aaron/Amanda-Tyler episode proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how scripted and phony this is. If not, Tyler may be a hottie but he's dumber than a box of rocks. And gay as a box of pink feathers.
- Whaaat? Thanks @r71, I didn't see that.
- R73 is projecting
- Have two catfish ever catfished each other?
- [quote]Have two catfish ever catfished each other?
Rhymes with "Bustin" and "BPD"
It wasn't pretty.
- [quote]Have two catfish ever catfished each other?
There was the Thomas Montgomery case (who is now serving 20 years in Attica Prison):
Tragic online love triangle built on LIES: Two middle-aged lovers who started affair by BOTH posing as teenagers... before torrid romance drove Sunday school teacher to murder 'rival' over woman who didn't EXIST
Thomas Montgomery began an unplanned online affair with a girl he believed was 18 years old called 'Jessi'
Montgomery told 'Jessi' he was an 18-year-old Marine
When Montgomery's wife discovered the affair she sent 'Jessi' a photo of her 46-year-old husband and their two children
'Jessi' broke off the affair and began a new one with Montgomery's 22-year-old co-worker Brian Barrett
Montgomery became so jealous he shot and killed Barrett
It turned out 'Jessi' was in fact a 45-year-old woman called Mary Shieler who used her own daughter's pictures to send to men online
- More from R78's story at link. Also the events were made into the movie "TalHotBlond".
- Here's the full story regarding R78's post:
- [quote]The Aaron/Amanda-Tyler episode proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how scripted and phony this is. If not, Tyler may be a hottie but he's dumber than a box of rocks. And gay as a box of pink feathers.
I get the feeling that Tyler is at least bisexual, Otherwise, why would a handsome guy like him look up a potential date on the Internet? His friends joked if he went out on the date. And, they were jokingly cavalier about it, instead of being shocked. They had that "here we go again" attitude.
- I think Tyler may be gay. The 18-month long virtual courtship let him deflect questions about not going after the hot local girls who no doubt were throwing themselves at him. His friend said the girls don't know what to make of Tyler because he's "a good guy" which they aren't used to. By that he meant not fucking around.
I'm surprised they didn't make more of the sexting. That makes the whole thing at lot less innocent. He did this to 100 guys. Creep.
- I'm going to start a new thread about Tyler. People who don't watch the show will not come into this thread, but they might want to know about him. I know I would if I hadn't seen it.
- When I saw that the subject of this episode looked like a Sean Cody model, I knew immediately that he was being Catfished by a guy. And Aaron was so sexually aggressive as his female alter ego, I'm surprised none of the guys figured out sooner.
- Nev was mad crushing on Tyler. That man is at least bisexual - he was leaning into him a lot, and was overly interested in his sex life.
- "Btw, I get the feeling that Nev is not a nice guy when the camera stops rolling."
I agree with this. Any warmth he projects is very contrived.
- I think his friends know that Tyler might be in the closet, judging by their reactions and attitudes. Also, Tyler's interest in talking to the gay guy. Most straight guys would have ran off immediately.
- If you look at the confrontation scene at 25:00, Tyler's hair undergoes a temporary makeover in what is presented as mid-sentence (when he says he's heard about stories like this but never expected it to happen to him), then returns to it's original (bangs) shape. Hmmmm.
- Wow! That is a dead giveaway...good job, r88!
- No gay man would leave that forrest on his chest.
- A lot of younger gay guys have different opinions on body hair, R90. They're getting hairier and hairier.
- Max kinda looks like Bently from Amateur Straight Guys, but with gray hair.
- Omg, he does!
- About Nev not being nice, in one of the early episodes Max made a comment about Nev being mean/harsh to people. On a phone call to one of the catfishers, Nev had been kind of wimpy in dealing with some BS story. Max said something about it and Nev basically said, "Well I can't just be rude to someone." Max responded that he sees Nev be rude to total strangers every day. They laughed about it and dropped it but it was probably one of the more truthfully revealing moments on the show.
- Nev is transparent and mean. He also forced the butch woman in the first episode to come out. The word terrorist would fit nicely here.
- Max is even worse than Nev, I think. You can see him smiling whenever the 'catfish' and 'catfishee' are put on the spot. He's your typical T.V. producer.
I think Tyler is at least bi-curious. You could tell that he was intrigued by Aaron's sexuality - if the cameras weren't rolling, he would have asked him 'how gay men do it'. The only reason why the two didn't stay friends is that Aaron was not Tyler's type - if Aaron had been a 'bro', he and Tyler would have already done it.
- I saw this episode and Tyler showed no interest in Aaron or his sexuality. None. How are you people getting a bi-sexual vibe from him? I think a lot of you are projecting, as usual.
- People still think shows like this are real? It's as fake as any Bachelor or Housewives or Hills type program.
- Speaking of MTV and Tylers, how about Tyler from Buckwild? That pretty boy hillbilly is cute as fuck.
- Ew, R99.
And how can you stand the show?
- [quote]Also, Tyler's interest in talking to the gay guy. Most straight guys would have ran off immediately.
That what not his choice. If he ran off, no show. He must have agreed to stick around in advance. He clearly did not want to go back the next day, but Nev and crew pressured him.
[quote] How are you people getting a bi-sexual vibe from him?
I don't. But his lack of interest in the local girls who were "available" to him is intriguing. Unlike most people who fall for this sort of thing, he would have no trouble meeting girls. Instead, he hid behind this ridiculous text and e-mail only relationship for 18 months, claiming the local girls were too "shallow." No doubt, but he's no rocket scientist.
Kalamazoo is not so far from Flint. Her refusal to meet him or speak to him meant he was very motivated to keep a fake relationship going.
- Just checked. The "across the state" distance that was such a roadblock to their meeting was a 2 hour drive. 18 months?
- Didn't he find it weird that "Amanda" was begging for naked pics of him, but didn't send any of herself?
Why would he keep that "relationship" going if he wasn't getting anything out of it? It's not like he couldn't get real sex from girls, if he wanted it.
- Also--as Nev notes, he's wound up pretty tight. Doesn't really show his emotions. In a extra clip they show his father who calls him a chameleon. These don't prove anything, of course, but are consistent with a closet case.
BTW--"Amanda" said Tyler was "bigger than most" in the sext. I hoped for more given his enormous hands and feet.
OTOH, he is tweeting about his high school "sweet heart" and now has a girlfriend at college.
- Tyler isn't all straight. He's the very quintessence of 'curious'.
- Also, I'm not one of those guys who thinks that every hot guy is gay or bi... Most of them are straight. However, those of us who were in college not too long ago notice the behaviors and stolen glances of the 'straight' guy who just needs a few beers and a massage to discover another side to himself.
- r99 Yes I hope we get to see more of him in his underwear. Or naked.
- Turtles are funny
- How many cocks has Nev sucked?
- Last night there was a black guy (Rod) who was talking with a transgender female (Ebony)for 4 years. He said he wasn't gay but he found her on a LBGT website. For some reason the guy used his cousins picture and used a different name and let that ruse go on for the whole 4 years.
When they finally met up, the transgender female turned out to be a real female, who confessed that she had been a lesbian for the last 15 years and had an 11-year old kid that she never told Rod about. She got angry at Rod's deception but felt that her lies were minor. It also came out that she'd been giving Rod money here & there. Rod didn't seem so interested in Ebony after finding out she was not transgender. He must have a thing for shemales.
THe whole episode was a confused mess.
- Rod/Ebony was probably the weirdest episode so far.
I swear I'm not gay, but I go on gay websites to meet guys!
I'm a dyke who's pretending to be a tranny for no particular reason!
Rod just needs to come out already.
- Rod seemed slow/mentally deficient, and Ebony seemed semi-educated with a slight tinge of ghetto princess. I could not see them being together.
- Did they say what Ebony did work-wise? Her home seemed very nice.
- Did anyone notice the preview for next week? It featured a black gay couple. The light-skinned one (the catfishee) was actually very attractive... He shouldn't need to have an online relationship.
- Rod and Ebony are very confused people who need to get laid.
- "Rod and Ebony are very confused people who need to get laid."
Well, the show said that Ebony has a gf now
- I watched an episode without knowing anything about Nev and Max and my dvr started after what I now know is the opening explaining Nev's story. After watching the show, it was very obvious to me the story of two partnered gay men who go around the country solving crimes of identity theft. Imagine my surprise, upon learning more about them and seeing more episodes, to find that not everyone sees it that way.
Note to the production company: we don't need a scene where Max or Nev don't want to get out of bed in the morning in every single episode. Same with when they approach the catfish house and don't know which door to go to, only to have someone exit from a side door. If that's your idea of building suspense, it is stupid.
- Is it just me or does Max dye his hair salt and pepper? It looks like a bad dye job, and his face looks to young for his hair.
- They should add Tyler from the previous episode as Nev's second sidekick to really gay up the show. (Also, he reminded me of gay porn god, Mike Henson of "Big Guns" fame).
- [quote]I'm a dyke who's pretending to be a tranny for no particular reason! [/quote]
I think she made herself perfectly clear. She was battling cancer and didn't want a physical relationship. She just wanted a friend, someone to check in on her.
Over time, she developed feelings for Rod, who is just a closeted gay man.
The only thing I couldn't figure out of how she was able to have a child, without being with a man. In vitro, adoption, or something I'm missing?
- R120-I'm guessing sperm donor or she had a one night stand. Even though she doesn't seem like the type to let herself do that.
I do think it was wrong of them both to deceive each other. She could have just told him the truth. He was using her more or less. Rod wanted a chick with a real dick. Not strap on.
It seems sorta someone would put themselves through all of that for four years to maintain a friendship. Paying some dude she doesn't even know.
What type of real man takes money from someone who is ill? Not only is Rod closeted he's a weak excuse for a man.
Look how disappointed he was when he found out she was not a TS girl. Apart of me thinks he had figured it out. She wasn't a TS girl. That's what he wanted and since he didn't get it. He had no problems telling her it was all about the money.
- R101- You don't get it. Tyler was looking for a trophy girl.
If you heard him speak on the local gals. He referred to them as immature and stuff.
Tyler is the type of guy that wants to brag about having something different. I could see someone like him indulging in fantasy vs the real thing because he was superficial.
There were signs everywhere Amanada wasn't real.
- "After watching the show, it was very obvious to me the story of two partnered gay men who go around the country solving crimes of identity theft."
I love this. Is it just me, or do the myriad scenes where both of them are getting out of bed meant to coyly signal their homosexuality?
- Isn't Nev essentially a catfish as well considering he duped the girl he was speaking to into believing he was heterosexual? He and the female were dishonest.
- They did a send-up of "Catfish" on last night's SNL. Adam Levine played Nev and interjected every sentence with 'I'm Nev'. Taran Killam played Max 'cause they couldn't get anyone hotter.
One of the better sketches in an otherwise disappointing show.
- It was funny, R125, but I would've liked them to have referenced the homoerotic tension between Nev and Max that's been discussed so much, not just on here, but on straight message boards as well.
- Those two are straight-up fucking. I bet Max knows the taste of Nev's ass very, very well.
- Stay on topic about the show. Please make a new thread if you want to foam over homoerotic fantasies of Nev and Max.
- Fuck you, R128. This is a gay board, and we'll do what we please. If you want to have frau rules, go to TWoP.
- I think R128 must be new to the DL.
People are talking about Nev and Max because a new episode hasn't aired in nearly a week. Also, the two are gay, and that's what we talk about here.
- I have to agree. He seems gay but he was pretending to be straight. Anyway, he is adorably cute.
- I really liked Ebony's house.
- The next episode has a cute gay blatino in it. Let's see how he interacts with Nev and Max.
- As I stated before stay on topic. Don't give a fucc if you don't like it. Stop spamming with homoerotic bullshit.
- Max is only 30. He's been with the same Gil for years. I doubt he bearded himself years ago in preparation for this huge MTV role he knew he was destined for.
I could see maybe Nev hiding in the closet, because of the implications his coming out would have on the authenticity of the movie.
- F&F R134.
- Yes, F&F R134. Be sure to talk about anything gay, as it upsets R134/peg so!
- I'm not afraid to talk about anything gay you silly immature queens. I want to discuss the show. Not my fault you don't get laid. You are in here spamming the thread while most of us want to discuss the actual show.
- Fine, R138. Then I HEARD on the next episode, Max shoots thick, creamy ropes of cum onto Nev's hairy chest, while Nev moans and chants Tyler's name under his breath.
Start your own fucking message board if you want to be a dictator about thread topics.
- I love you, R139.
- I would be Ebony's friend for free; she seems fun.
- I've heard the same gossip posted by R7 in this old thread.
- So Nev is gay now? Yawn. Again more wishful thinking with this thread.
- Someone in this topic obviously didn't realize OP's intentions were to talk about Nev's sexuality.
- R141 She does have a bubbly personality. I'm glad she found someone.
R139- Yawn. Lame comeback. It's not my fault you don't get laid. You want to spam the thead asshole on how you would to lick Nev's hairy ass? Do it somewhere else. Yes this is a gay messageboard. But you make yourself sound desperate if you constantly talk about sex. This isn't a gay porn site numnuts. Playing into unfortunate sterotypes here. Like gay men can't stop thinking about sex enough to post anything intelligent.
So back on topic for those that want to discuss the actual show. I won't be entertaining anymore trollish post towards me because I stated my opinion.
- I don't care R144. You can read as well as me. The title of the topic is the show. Go bounce to a gloryhole then.
- "I won't be entertaining anymore trollish post towards me because I stated my opinion."
Look at Miss Thing over here! Who the fuck does she think she is? Do you think your opinion dictates the confines and limits of all topics? So bizarre.
- R147 I made myself clear asshole.
- Nev and his boyfriend are fucking hot. I wanna see them bone. They should call the show "Starfish," as in Nev's gorgeous chocolate starfish.
r139 is obviously a fat frau who's been duped by an online romance that turned out to be a queen looking for a laugh.
- Maybe you wouldn't get trollish posts to "entertain" if you weren't posting them to begin with, R145. And you have no idea how often I get laid. You don't know anything about me. And I don't know anything about you, except that you're a belligerent battleax with a sense of entitlement, as well control issues that lead you to think you're the moderator of an anonymous thread on a gay gossip site who can demand that other people follow a rigidly defined set of rules that you set forth even though you're not even so much as the fucking OP of this thread.
We're going to talk about what we want to talk about, and if you don't like it, then go to iVillage, IMDB, TwoP, or just take a shower with an electric radio.
- Let's not make R148 state his boundaries again! It's his way or the highway, folks...
Which of Nev's nipples is more sensitive: the left one or the right one? Every night, Max relives Sophie's Choice.
- Definitely the right one, R151. But Nev likes him to twist both of them while Max fucks him in the ass.
- Notice how he mentions his smooth, hairless chest!!!
- r146, you're going to make me throw up.
- Rico is HOT. He seems like quite the catch...
- The mulatto gay guy is very good looking.
- I think this Nev dude needs to come out as gay. He needs to publicly say he is gay and if that Max guy is his partner he needs to state that as well. I'm reading the Facebook link and am reading the homophobia on this page...if he looks past this, he needs to be outed then.
- Wow, that James guy is so lucky... Rico is quite evidently a good kisser. I guess there is hope for the gay 'Average Joe' to bag a stud...
- Nev has a girlfriend?
I'm so proud of my girlfriend who's song 'Irresistible' played in tonights episode. Check out her facebook page and her amazing jamz. (sorry ladies - I'm totally in love)
- The alleged gf:
- Fraus love to catfish.
- FWIW, even the frauen on TWoP don't believe Nev is completely straight.
- That Facebook page is the gayest that has ever gayed. I had to hotkey it before my screen melted.
- Are closeted gay men and women catfish? They are deceiving after all.
- R160 - I though the couple at the link were married..
- Rico from last night's show was HOT
- Agreed, R166. Rico could do way better than James... He's gorgeous.
- She's cute.
- Oops, I forgot I was posting on DL:
She looks like she has fetal alcohol syndrome. And a dick. It's funny how EVERYONE has been telling Nev to come out and now a GF magically appears? Definitely a PR pairing.
- I hated James. Thought he was a total freakshow! "International model"?!?!?!? Really? And what was with that story about him stealing a bus or something. His explanation made NO FUCKING SENSE!!!!!
- I won't say that I hated James but he was annoying. I don't know what to make of the bus story. He says he drives buses now and passed a background check. Rico seemed really desperate for a BF and willing to overlook just about anything. How he ever believed that James was a model is beyond me. But I hope it works out for them.
- Please don't tell me you didn't see the sexual tension between Nev and his boyfriend and Rico. They kept hugging and touching and flirting. No doubt they took advantage of their new little papi's vulnerability and had a threesome... mmmm...I hope so.
- Nev is very hands-y with the guys on the show. If he plans to stay in the closet he needs to rein in his touchy-feely instincts.
- I agree with you, R171, that Rico seemed desperate... Why would he be, though? He's a handsome fellow.
- I have no idea, R174. I think he may have self-esteem issues (like Kya). He overlooked too many things. He clearly wants to be loved very badly. I'm sure he has probably had a difficult past.
- 168 - Nev is just a very compassionate person. He is touchy feely with males and females on the show. He is a very empathetic person and appears to deeply care about what happens and the scars these scams leave.
It is fascinating to me that most of the women (victim or scammer) aren't just fat but humongous.
Get off the computer and go outside and move a little people.
- I meant 173 - Not 168
- James annoyed me with his fast talking and jabbering. When he was on the phone with Rico and demanding that Rico tell him that he loves him. He seemed the type to take advantage and be the alpha male. I'm glad that they didn't last - he was shady.
- Didn't last?
- On his Twitter page, Rico has a photo of his new b/f, and says he and James are friends now.
- Rico is a handsome guy! Really cute! I liked that he thought about things, and forgave. Not sure if I could, but I bet that is just for ratings anyway! Hope he finds a love!~
- R180, link? please?
- I loved that kiss between James and Rico at the end of the eppy.
- Rico's new boyfriend.
- Rico saying he and James are now friends.
- I liked Rico better with the cornrolls. The new BF doesn't seem all that. So 80s with that high top.
- He was being snatched bald by those cornrolls R186
It's a pity though, because he was looking hot.
He could get a better braider, who wouldn't pull so tight on the hairline.
- Did anyone notice Nev resting his head on Rico's shoulders during the flight?
What's he trying to say?
- Does anyone know If there's a clip online where nev shows his trampstamp? I'm looking for the actual video clip, not the picture.
- Is photog Max, Nev's partner?
- What happened with the rapist Catfish?
- Nev Schulman @NevSchulman
Mike is such a sweetheart. Do you think Felicia is the right girl for him?
Do straight guys call other men sweetheart?
- Those two guys are gay. Nev pinged with me the moment I caught the original documentary. I thought, I wonder if he himself is aware that he's gay. He can relate to these catfishers because he's one. He used his catfish to cover for his gayness. A straight man will not invest in such a relationship. He wants to get laid! Nev's the nightmare of all straight women who fear becoming Mrs. McGreevy. I get the feeling that Nev wanted to [i]be[/i] the woman he was pursuing in the original documentary as much as the catfish did. We all have known the closet case who entered into a relationship with a woman he secretly wanted to be. That's Nev alright. There's no excuse for this deception in today's world.
- Nev is soooo hot. I hope he is gay.
- Mike had total BDF. I would suck him dry, and then eat his musky ass out after.
His previous GF left him for a woman, though? Straight guys don't take that sort of thing well...
- Whens the Catfish reunion?
- I think that Max guy is in his 40's so his gray hair is not a surprise. He has loose neck which makes me suspect he's that age. If somebody knows his birthday, please post. I could be wrong and he just has aged poorly for such a young guy. He's also gay.
This Nev fellow is also gay. He has a tramp stamp too.
I think this show is awful. It exploits people with obvious mental health issues. The "documentary" had them laughing at that 40 year old woman who was probably slow. The same with her husband.
- [quote]He can relate to these catfishers because he's one.
Thought the exact same thing. I think everybody on this show, hosts included, need to see a psychiatrist.
- Just saw this. Very interesting article about the show.
- I don't think Nev is gay, and I kinda believe the premise of the original documentary - the stuff about the handicapped twins just felt too real and sad to be a fake.
What I never believed was the part about Angela pretending she didn't plan the whole thing from the start. Why would she pretend to be her daughter, if she had no intention of fooling Nev?
- At first blush, James looked all macho and thuggish, but the more he talked, the more he seemed less than masculine. Rico seems like he likes very macho dudes.
- I don't think Max is that old. Max is a cutie though, and I get more of a gay vibe off him than Dev though I do both of them!-
- Saw the rerun just last night where Nev gets up out of bed in skimpy tights. Tribal tramp stamp just above his butt, incredibly hairy chest, pits and treasure line.
- any nudes of NEV?
- Mike was hot. Holy shit his arms and chest were nice. And he was nerdy, which is a plus.
So why is he hooking up with that FAT FAT FAT chick?
- Found this tidbit in r202's article:
And another female catfisher says she knew her catfishee was not interested in a relationship with a woman, despite the fact that the series portrayed the duo as a couple with romantic interests. According to the cast member, she always knew her co-star "to be gay," but that once "the show started, he got scared and backtracked," resulting in an all-too-confusing conclusion of events that raised more questions than answers. (MTV — where I was an employee from November 2008 until May 2011 — declined to comment for this piece.)
- R209, that's clearly the fake tranny and the dude ho lost total interest once he found out she was a woman.
- yup r210, that episode was confusing as fuck.
- btw I watched that episode earlier and when the lesbian who pretended to be a tranny said at the end she was happy because she had a new woman who was always wrapped around her, Max says in the queeniest voice imaginable, "thats about my personal fantasy"...he was joking right because Nev cracked up.
- hahahahaha check it out: giv-collection of Max and Nev's gayest moments.
- ***she had a new woman who was always wrapped around her, Max says in the queeniest voice imaginable, "thats about my personal fantasy"***
Straight dudes get off on two women together. I believe that was what he was trying to convey.
- I ship Nev and Max.
- I was disappointed that Rico didn't appear in person on the reunion. That man is beautiful.
And yes, Max and Nev are at least bisexual. Where was Nev's girlfriend, the one that the PR people were pushing recently?
- Nev sure sounds pretty gay in his caption of this picture he took of Rico.
- Nev and Max both said they are NOT a couple. In fact it was the very first question that was asked at the reunion. Are they bs-ing?
- The voice Max used to emphatically (he thinks) state that they were a couple of journalists and that's the only kind of couple they are, was the ka-weeniest voice I have ever heard.
- Any hot dudes?
- I see Rico Swaqq is making appearances at clubs.
- Rico is one of the cutest guys I've seen on any mtv show ever.
- Max looked great at the reunion. He's so hot.
Nev looked liked shit. Very thin, almost anorexic - ish.
- Nev looks like a hairy alien.
Max is really good looking.
- Catching up on season one of this show and have watched the first four episodes.
Nev and Max are totally fucking. They're doing an MTV show and as they travel, they share a room. Uh-huh.
The format of the show is a bit too much aboug Nev and Max (even the fact that so far, one or both of them ends up being filmed shirtless at some point in every other episode).
So far, it's interesting. In this day and age, it still happens a lot, but if someone didn't want to meet you or Skype after even a month or two, I think mmost people was abandon ship.
- People on twitter are so rude: first tweet after he posts a picture of his boyfriend:
"I guess you won't follow back cuz I'm not black"
- [R61] "A lot of ballet dancers are straight including Patrick Swayze."
I rest my case. The man was a raging alcoholic his whole life, he married his dance school gf when she was 20, they stayed married with no children, adopted or biological for 32 years, all the while he was stating he wanted children.
Sounds like a closeted case with a happily bearding wife to me.
Didn't the biggest beard of them all Kirsty Alley say she was having some kind of "emotional" affair with him or something?
- The show is returning soon. Will Nev have sex with any of the male catfishees?
- MTV is showing a marathon today.
I never bought the original Catfish. This one seems about 50% real; I believe that the dupes who contact the show genuinely want to meet their catfish and might even believe them to be real. But I don't believe that the "reveals" are real time.
The most authentic part of the show is Nev & Max's love banter.
- When are Max and Nev getting married?
- Here's the plot of every episode- ***SPOILER ALERT***
1st half hour: "They are my soulmate"
2nd half hour: "They're fat? I'm out of here!"
- How old is Max? And why hasn't he come out?
I love it how when Cassie was going to show the picture of Steve to Nev. She prefaced it by saying don't you fall in love or something along those lines.
- Is it Max's camera that always manages to get a closeup shot of Nev's crotch as he stands up? And they never edit it out. Hmmm...
- Even my older sister, who lives a very traditional housewife existence, recently asked if Max and Nev are a couple. When I said that I wasn't sure, she said "Come on!"... And insisted that at least Nev had to be gay, if not Max as well.
- Supposedly, though, Max has been dating some Brazilian woman. He speaks Portuguese with her in a video. He speaks Portuguese horribly.
Nev, on the other hand, seems to have no steady female mate.
- Fun photo of shirtless Nev tweaking Max's nipple...
- I thought Max was married to a woman. Interesting he's wearing a Taylor Lautner "Twilight" t-shirt in the above pic. Was that for some movie event or is Max just a fan?
- OMG!!! A nekkid pic of Rico F. Swaqq!
*melts into a pool of cum*
- I don't believe Nev has a real girlfriend, he was once training to be a ballet dancer for Christ's sake!
- What I've taken away from this show is, if you start talking to someone on-line you should assume their pictures are fake and you're really talking to an overweight sociopath. Truth?
- Anyone watching the new season?
- I have, R243. It doesn't have the drama of the first season, though. The only constant is Nev's constant touching of the male catfishees. In every episode this season, he has grabbed and rubbed their shoulders. He has even given one of them a lingering hug.
- They've sucked the drama out by trying to be less "fake" and discovering the truth before they even meet. Yeah, that's more realistic, but not as fun.
And the show is obsessed with Nev's feet.
- Doesn't Max tell the cameramen how and what to film? I guess he's obsessed with Nev's feet...
- They've shown less of his crazy hairy chest this season. That's a shame. You just know that Max uses that fur as a pillow every night.
- Max is straight and hot. Nev is gay.
- That last one was creepy as fuck.
- Nev and Max seem more couple-ish than most ACTUAL gay couples I know.
Felt bad for the gay veteran with a Purple Heart - the one who got catfished by the annoying fat guy.
- That was Framel, R250. He was repulsive and had an attitude as big as his ass. Nasty fucker!!!!
- Nev is a dick.He went to Sarah Lawrence and punched a woman in the face. It was difficult to kick him out because his mother was involved with the school. A letter writing campaign by the students finally got him kicked out.
- [quote].He went to Sarah Lawrence and punched a woman in the face.
Maybe she was a bitch.
- R252, where can we find this story?
- Nev will come out when he feels the attention on him is beginning to fade. It will be a big fanfared production and he will in some way convince MTV to devote a marathon to the event. This fame slut will make it work in his favor when it's egotistically prudent. So while we're all still giving him the attention he requires for day-to-day survival with our speculation about his gayness, there is no reason for him to come out. But I'm sure the "documentary" is in the works, as the cameras just happen to be rolling. I just don't don't understand why a fraud as transparent as this guy is receives so much interest.
- Nev is from a very rich family. His Grandfather is a huge developer in Westchester. Nev is Gay. No question. A friend knows his mother and step father very well.
- His mother's connection to Sarah Lawrence delayed his leaving the school after he punched the girl.
- If Nev comes out won't that just confirm that his documentary - in which he was allegedly catfished - was, as alleged, a fraud??
- Yes--he was originally catfished by a woman. The whole thing might have been fake, but it seemed pretty real to me.
- [quote]I was watching the movie Catfish again, and didn't understand why Nev put up with the whole facade, and didn't demand right away why the woman lied. You feel sorry for her, but still..
For the sake of the film.
I know they want to create the impression that it's two guys on a shoestring budget wandering around the country carrying only what fits in a carry -on bag, but sometimes they acknowledge that there is a crew following them around. No doubt producers or other people involved with the show also tag along. So--Do you think they really share a hotel room?
- The latest guy - army sergeant guy - was hot. I would have eaten out his ass, PTSD or not. I wonder why the blonde Olive Oyl chick ultimately rejected him?
- r261, I was trying to read her expressions - it seemed like she was really dismayed when he told her he started their online romance when he was still married
- What I don't get is Max is constantly filming with that little black camera and there is a film crew filming them...I mean come on Max..no one is using your footage.
- Haven't yet tuned in to any of season two .... very important question ..... are Nev and Max still shirtless in every other episode ?? Any shower scenes with both of them yet ??
- Last episode was super awkward to watch. The girl with the horrible skin and the overbite and the fried bleached hair appeared to be mildly retarded, and she did nothing to hide her disappointment when the guy came out of his house to greet her.
Thing is, it was obvious she was expecting a hunky marine with a John Cena body and the guy, while hot, was a bit out of shape. She could barely look at him. It was uncomfortable to witness.
- "Thing is, it was obvious she was expecting a hunky marine with a John Cena body and the guy, while hot, was a bit out of shape. She could barely look at him. It was uncomfortable to witness."
To me he looked the same as he did in his pictures. I think she was just nervous about meeting him for the first time. Or maybe she thought he'd be turned off by HER appearance. Her skin looked kinda meth-y.
- Yeah, I didn't get the impression she was disappointed by the way he looked. I think she was still upset by the fact he was married (she found this info out when Nev and max did their investigating) when he started their online relationship.
- She looked borderline anorexic and the bad skin and straw hair didn't help. The guy and his family seemed genuinely nice. She seemed shady - not sure what she was really after.
- This couple had Skyped before. Her issue is that when she went to Alabama to meet him he never showed up and didn't answer his phone. He said he had been arrested on his way to meet her. Yeah right. Except it turns out to have been true.
I think they broke up over sex.
- Tonight's episode was the craziest one since the Mhissy episode last year. This guy was legitimately scary.
Also, I have a feeling this show will get cancelled after an eventual Jenny Jones-style murder scandal. One of these homophobic straight guys who've been baited into sexual conversations with men posing as women is bound to snap after being exposed and humiliated on national television.
- I just watched the one with the over-weight girl with the fake eye. Man, so depressing.
- R269, there's a video on the mtv site where they talk about why they didn't stay together. Basically, they both blame each other for the breakup. Btw, if you have seen the girl's facebook page it is clear she has issues with drugs and/or an eating disorder.
- The last one had to be faked. That guy was clearly acting.
- The Artics and Jess episode was the craziest f-ing one yet!!!!! It is NUTS!!!!!!!!!!
- "Tonight's episode was the craziest one since the Mhissy episode last year."
My exact thought as well, R270. Mhissy (love that psychotic name) and Justin acted like they were trying out for the Legion of Super-Villains.
Has Max had Botox? His forehead doesn't move as much. When is Nev coming out?
- Laughing forever at Justin, AKA "Jessie", the self-righteous do-gooder, busting cheaters everywhere. Did you hear it when he said, "Well, I'm obviously NOT gay," and Nev shot back really????? And he said something like "Okay, well, you got me there."
HILARIOUS CRAZY PEOPLE. That guy was scary. S-C-A-R-Y, and Artis is an idiot for not seeing what Nev and Max saw on the fake FB page...what is it with these people???
Oh, and last week's REAL "Jesse" was wrapping her forearm in some kind of bandage, while wearing the skimpiest clothes ever in what looked to be extremely hot Alabama. She sure looked like an addict to me.
- "S-C-A-R-Y, and Artis is an idiot for not seeing what Nev and Max saw on the fake FB page...what is it with these people???"
Yeah, the "woman" Artis was talking to online was obviously just some porn hoochie...did he really think she was a down home girl living in small town Illinois?
- That guy Jessie's slow clap was hilarious. Do slow claps happen in real life? I can't imagine some fool slow clapping at me in a public park. Artis falling for that obviously fake profile and investing a whopping 5 months into the relationship was hilarious. That episode was like the participants catfished Catfish.
- Max said on Twitter that Justin's balls kept falling out of his shorts, and they had to shoot around it, and only interviewed him at his house if he agreed to wear underpants.
- R279 Of course Max would spot and remember that. He and Nev are just soooo gay. I use to be a HUGE fan of Catfish season 1. This season is just so damn scripted. The catfish person is already mic'ed up when Nev and Max and the person they are catfishing show up to their house. And the one guy who catfished last year name Aaron said he was paid $10,000 to do it.
- NEV=GAY. The entire show is an acting job based on a format he created and sold. The participants all signed releases or it couldn't be shown anywhere. That's all it is!
- Nev and Max: best (and most obvious) chemistry of any twosome on TV.
- They're together, right?
- I'm not sure if Max is gay (I wish he were, since he's the hot one), but Nev is as gay as fifty cravat-wearing marmosets. Why don't they show his thick chest and back hair anymore? The camera loved his hairy torso last season.
- They made a point of showing separate hotel rooms in the last episode.
The hottest guy was the first episode--Tyler Haden.
Turned out his dream girl was a dude.
- I remember Tyler, he was cute.
- The second I saw Tyler, I KNEW he was being catfished by a guy. He had a Corbin Fisher-y way about him.
- [quote]The second I saw Tyler, I KNEW he was being catfished by a guy. He had a Corbin Fisher-y way about him.
I was thinking the very same thing.
- Check out the pics on Tyler's Facebook.
- The 15 Gayest Nev And Max Moments On “Catfish”
- If it isn't just completely fake, this show is chock-full of willfully ignorant numbskulls who lack any self-awareness. Why do these pathetic people assume they can attract someone far better looking than them? Millennials have such a warped sense of entitlement.
- It's not a millenial thing, R292. There are plenty of portly 40-year-olds on Grindr who say on their profiles that they'll only respond masculine hung jocks under 25 because that's what they think they're entitled to. It's a delusional narcissist thing. And most of the people who would sign up for a reality show like Catfish to intrude on their personal lives are already delusional narcissists, regardless of age or generation.
- "Why do these pathetic people assume they can attract someone far better looking than them?"
They don't think they can attract someone far better looking than them - if they did they'd have no problem using their own pictures instead of another person's.
- Yeah, the fortysomethings are quite adept at catfishing, it seems.
- Us Weekly does this feature called "25 Things You Don't Know About Me" where stars list things that you supposedly don't know about them. Here are some excerpts for the one they did with Nev:
5.I hope to live in Paris someday
9.I sing in the shower. My go-to song is Schubert's "Ave Maria"
11.I love cleaning. I'm a bit of a neat freak.
15.If I could lunch with anyone, it would be the late George Balanchine.
16.When I was 17, I got a lower-back tattoo. I call it a "champ stamp." I regret it every day.
24.I wear boxer briefs
He seems like a big ol' Mary. George Balachine?!
- "Champ stamp?"
As in champion cock jockey.
- I meant the "catfishee," R294. The generally average-to-unattractive person who wants to meet the hot (fake) "catfisher" they've been chatting with for months, sometimes years. Women who look like models, or even porn stars, tend to only be interested in ugly or average-looking men if they are rich. Men who look like models tend not to date fat Midwestern high school girls. It's odd to me that people with average looks and lives would assume that people with above-average looks and lives would ever be interested in them that way. If the good-looking people in your everyday life barely notice you, why would a hot stranger online take to you so suddenly, and with such passion? Why don't they see the scam coming a mile away for that reason alone? Sometimes you can see the disgust in their faces when they finally see the person who "reeled them in," and it's clear that, in addition to the deception, they're put off by the scammer's average-to-unattractive looks in return. They feel they deserve better; they want the hottie in the pictures.
Obviously, some of the catfishing victims featured on the show have been quite attractive, so it's interesting to see that the "catfishers" are aware that they are probably NOT attractive enough for the person they are crushing on, which tends to be the truth when they are unmasked. At least those shitty sociopaths are self-aware enough to know they'll need a fake profile to get the attention of the more attractive person they covet.
- Smooth move on the part of Nev, Max, and the producers this week for flipping the script on the obese hypocrite who didn't like the fat catfisher by making her disinterest in him sound like it had to do with her own insecurities, and not the fact that he wasn't the ripped God she thought he was, and felt she was entitled to. You could just tell that it had nothing to do with her insecurities, but they knew the episode wouldn't play as well if she came across as the unsympathetic bitch that she was, who Nev and Max could barely hide their disgust for.
- He was good looking for a big guy, and a much better person than she deserved.
- "Smooth move on the part of Nev, Max, and the producers this week for flipping the script on the obese hypocrite who didn't like the fat catfisher by making her disinterest in him sound like it had to do with her own insecurities, and not the fact that he wasn't the ripped God she thought he was, and felt she was entitled to"
Except she had been talking to him since she was 13, and he didn't even bother to send the (fake) photos until a year ago. So I'm not sure why you think she believes she's "entitled" to a "ripped God."
- This show is phony as fuck, but for some reason I'm still watching.
Max is such a bitch! Wonder if he ever posts on here?
- Did anyone catch the glimpse of Nev's hairy Yeti chest last night? Pretty glorious... That man does not trim at all. I wonder which guy gets to sink his hands in all that?
Ashley was such a cunt in her coldly dismissive tone. Mike had a cute face and a kind heart - he was way too good for her.
- Both of these guys are closeted. I don't even watch that show because of it. Max has extreme gay face and gay hair.
That Nev "catfished" that poor mentally challenged woman and made a fool of her in front of the nation. If Nev ever came out and I was that family of that poor woman, I would prosecute those two assholes and MTV. I would at least see if I had a case.
- "That Nev "catfished" that poor mentally challenged woman and made a fool of her in front of the nation. If Nev ever came out and I was that family of that poor woman, I would prosecute those two assholes and MTV. I would at least see if I had a case."
What woman? You realize that people have to sign a release form to appear on the show, right? They CHOSE to be on tv.
- Oh, I didn't know that. Hmm...but this Nev guy lied too.
- R304 is talking about the original Catfish movie.
In it, Nev is "supposedly" catfished by a mentally unstable woman.
He thinks she's really some hot model type, but back in the real world she's kinda weird and odd looking.
- Funny when Nev stated that he would want to "make love" to a "lady" he'd met and fallen in love with online, and Max couldn't keep a straight face.
- Plus, she was quite cunning. Deeply disturbed/mentally ill with a host of issues (including abuse, most likely), but of average intelligence at least. Her husband, on the other hand...
- This Nev douche is a gay man desperately trying to not be gay and he duped this ill woman. Nev is aware of his homosexuality as is all closet cases who get married to women or use women to conceal their homosexuality. I would still see if I had a case.
- I always thought it was interesting that there was so little pushback from Nev when the gay rumors started flying. (I think someone posted here a while back that Nev was handsy with both genders even back in college.) Yes, he briefly said he was dating a ballerina, but he dropped that charade pretty quickly... I think it's a fairly open secret that Nev prefers men.
- Well, I hope Max really is gay.
- Max is married to a woman, R312. Of course, that could mean nothing, but I think he might actually be the straight one of the duo. Pretty bitchy for a straight guy, though, if that's the case...
- Highly manipulated but essentially true is my assessment. No gay vibe from either guy for me. My problem is that there are so few cute people (for logical reasons). We need another Tyler.
- "No gay vibe from either guy for me."
Are you a woman from Nebraska?
- No he's not R313.
- Nev has really lost too much weight in the face. It makes him look slightly haggard and like he's in his mid-30s, even though he's only 28.
Another closeted gay dude.
- Damn! I was hoping Max was gay.
- He is, R316. It's some Brazilian chick - she's either his fiancee or they're already married. Go search if you don't believe me.
- I thought so at the time, r318. But he's had a girlfriend at college. Given where he was from, it could be that he simply didn't find the local girls very attractive.
- Well, that settles it, R320! Gayse closed!
- Proof for R316. Max could still be closeted, but I'm inclined to think he's straight.
Nev, on the other hand, is an inveterate homo.
- Nev was catfished by someone posing as a hot chick. Why would a gay guy be privately lusting after a hot chick? It went on for years before he made the film so I doubt it was a set-up.
- Nev is probably one of those self-hating gays, R324. You can even have self-hating gays who, while supportive of homosexuality in their friends and others, are really afraid of acknowledging it for themselves. There are quite a few of them out there, if most of the blank profiles on Grindr are any indication.
- Girlfriend = Straight.
- I think you are rather loose with the word "probably," R 325. Making "Catfish" would be an odd choice of occupation for someone living a lie.
- Yeah, just like being a politician would be a bad choice of occupation for people without moral scruples, civic care, and an understanding of political theory. And yet...
- Max is hot, would like him to be gay but he probably isn't. Gray hair thing is pretty spectacular.
I haven't seen the original movie, but have heard what happened in it. Nev does have gay qualities but you never know. Maybe he really did fancy that girl in the movie. Maybe he's bi.
- [quote]Yeah, just like being a politician would be a bad choice of occupation for people without moral scruples, civic care, and an understanding of political theory. And yet...
Politics is the perfect place for such people.
- Not in the eyes of the public, R330. They are the most ill-suited people for that job, and yet there they are...
- There they are, elected by the public.
- Yeah, exactly. Thanks for proving my point, dear. There closeted Nev is, even though he's not the best-suited for his job.
- How does that prove your point? In fact, what is your point?
- "Making "Catfish" would be an odd choice of occupation for someone living a lie."
Remember this, R334? You said that it would be odd for Nev to work as the host of "Catfish" if he was living a lie.
Lots of politicians live lies, and yet they are still politicians. They are stupid, and could be found out, but they are still politicians.
Nev is closeted (living a lie), and yet he is the host of a show which exposes lies. He is stupid, and could be found out, but he is still the host.
- I said it would be an odd choice of career. And it would be.
- Yeah, but just because it's odd doesn't mean it's unlikely... As proven by the politicians engaging in both public lives and secret contradictory desires.
- The points you have raised about politicians prove nothing about Nev. His situation is unique. I think his choice of occupation exposing people who are lying does mean its less likely that he is lying about his sexuality, but I never said it was any kind of proof.
- "I think his choice of occupation exposing people who are lying does mean its less likely that he is lying about his sexuality"
This is what I'm getting at, dear. You contradicted yourself with the statement about politicians. His working to expose liars does not make it less likely at all that he is lying about his sexuality (despite what you say above), just as a politician's stance or contention - as we have seen many, many times over the years - does not mean that he does not subscribe to a certain behavior.
- Nutshell: he's saying that Nev could still have secrets even though he works to expose the secrets of others.
- Yes, I know, R341. I have never said otherwise. It's just a factor that me think he is less likely to be secretly gay.
But what's with the politicians?
- Stop talking to the dim-witted straight cunts. They don't get it. They'll never get it.
And they're really just here to talk about how sure they are that someone (anyone) is straight, not gay.
- Believe it or not, R343, as a gay man I don't feel obliged to agree anytime someones says a public figure is gay because they ping.
He's cute/he pings; he's gay.
But he has a girlfriend/is engaged/is married.
He's in denial/He is lying/she's a beard/they don't have any children/their children are adopted.
Of course there are closet cases with beards. Far fewer than some people here imagine.
- How old is this woman? She has a Russian/Polish "17 but will look 40 in three years" look about her.
- Never mind - she's mid-20s.
- Tonight's episode is supposed to be a lesbian one
- How on earth do people believe that Max dude is straight?
- I'm curious how he always gets people to agree to meet in person. It seems like there is a lot of editing and he probably offers them money to appear on camera because they all change their mind in the end.
- Max doesn't really ping to me. He's effeminate but in that sensitive, straight guy kind of way. Nev, however, pings from outer space.
- "I'm curious how he always gets people to agree to meet in person. It seems like there is a lot of editing and he probably offers them money to appear on camera because they all change their mind in the end."
Yeah, it seems like those phone calls always fit a similar pattern. "No, I don't really have any interest in meeting that person I've been catfishing. I'm really busy right now...well, okay let me think it over. I changed my mind. I'll meet him/her!"
- This article says that they reach out to the perpetrator first.
- [childish epithet posted by a bigoted tool]
lol - I love this.
- I had it on the other night and the young guy said, "I didn't think she'd be that heavy." Duh...why do you think you've never met her?
I have to say, I think most of the guys are closeted gay because, straight men want actual pussy, even if it's fat.
- Tonight's episode features a girl who thinks she's having an online romance with Bow Wow (the rapper/actor)! LOL!
- I am constantly amazed at how people don't know the person on the other end is a total Liar. Gay men seem less to fall for it given they have been doing online hookups for years and are used to the real person not matching the pic..
- A few weeks ago,Chelsea Handler asked Nev if he was "gay or transexual or anything". And he flatly told her he was straight.
- When Handler asked him the question, he first answered "All of the above."
- OMG!!!! Dee Pimpin'!!!
- So the Catfish on last night's episode was a drug dealer, right? That's how she got the 10k?
- Major "Stud". Bow Wow saw the last night's episode & invited both Keyannah & Dee on 106 th & Park. That's how she got girls. It was a "challenge"
- I enjoy this show a lot, but I also wonder what damage it's doing showing these LGBT people as deceptive predators. I know it's a reality show, and these people actually exist and are doing these things, but it seems more often than not, it's a person of the same sex who's the catfish.
- No I think its showing people of all genders and sexes are deceptive and you should be careful. Be very careful. I'm straight and I don't judge all gays for the ones that are deceiving. I am disturbed at the ages and how young some of them are
- The wrap-up special last night suuuuuucked. Nev and the producers seem to think that people watch the show mainly for his dynamic with Max. Uhh...not so much.
- Just saw this on my Facebook page:
A subject of MTV's "Catfish" series, Michael Fortunato, died in Hartford, Connecticut, Saturday from a pulmonary embolism, MTV News has learned. The 26-year-old New Jersey native starred in the "Ashley and Mike" episode from season two, which followed he and 20-year-old Ashley Sawyer as they met for the first time after being in a seven-year online relationship.
An autopsy has yet to be released, but Mike's younger sister, Gena, confirmed the death to MTV News Monday night. A spokesperson for the Farmington, Connecticut, chief medical examiner's office told MTV News that Fortunato died at Hartford Hospital as a result of a pulmonary embolism due to deep vein thrombosis, with other significant contributing factors including obesity and cardiomyopathy.
- Oh no...that actually is very sad. Yes he was terribly overweight, but one seldom hears of a death of obesity related illnesses at 26. It just goes to show that it's never too soon to make necessary changes for the good of one's health.
- Just saw the Seas 2 reunion show. I never got any real gay vibes from Neve, despite the overwhelming opinion here on the DL. Howver, Max always "pinged" to me.
Two interesting things on that subject on the reunion show, hinting that Max is gay:
1. A couple from the show got engaged during the reunion special. Neve proclaimed he'd be the best man. The couple told Max he could be the maid of honor, but would have to wear a dress. They then corrected it and said a pink tux would do.
2. They were reading tweets, and one said the writer felt sorry for Max, always having to ride in the back seat. Neve said "That's OK, he likes it in back." with a smirk on his face, and Max did a double-take.
- Is anyone still watching?
The last few shows have been kinda lame. That Kidd Cole guy seemed to be mentally ill, or something.
Looks like Tracie Thoms is going to be on the next episode??!!
- For me it's all about Max's lips. (mwah!)
- "The last few shows have been kinda lame. That Kidd Cole guy seemed to be mentally ill, or something."
I thought the Kidd Cole one was bizarrely amusing. The one about the lame girl who fell for a "musician" was just a snooze.
The Tracie Thoms one should be interesting.
- So is every fucking catfish-er a big fat ass?
This show is so manipulative to the average idiot MTV viewer. Nev and Max have really become experts at baiting and exploiting the victim to create the perfect catfish scenario for their fake little reality show.
Max needs a haircut.
- Josh Groban needs a haircut, too.
- "So is every fucking catfish-er a big fat ass?"
The last "catfisher" wasn't fat - just a lying, manipulative asshole.
- Nev inserts many different MTV props into his rectum and then removes them and sniffs them...
- Nev has a nice, warm, moist, hairy, musky anus
- I imagine 'hairy' should be closer to the beginning of that list, r375.
- This show has taught me that there are way more predatory lesbians out there than I would have thought.
- ^ Predatory? Being a phony and a liar doesn't make someone a "predator"