- No big girls this time?
- Looks like Penny Tration is representing the big girls this season.
- If their backstory is any basis, Alyssa Edwards and Coco Montrese will bring the drama. Alyssa was dethroned as Miss Gay America, and Coco finished her reign.
Drama aside, Alyssa is gorgeous. Ru likes pretty girls, so she should do really well.
- Alaska Thunderfuck finally made it.
- Jinkx Monsoon is this season's Tammie Brown.
- Can only men be drag queens? Serious question
- I'm really excited about the new season. Fresh blood. These queens look like they will bring the drama. I've been looking around the internet to get a sense of how people are reacting. The most popular queens so far are Alaska Thunderfuck, Detox and Jinx Monsoon. I've heard a few people say this is a fishy season. From the promotional material, Jade Jolie, Serena Cha Cha and Ivy Winters look the weakest.
- The rumor is that Alaska and Detox made it to the final three...
- Yes, R6, except for Bea Arthur.
- Is this the first season without any fat or ancient bitches?
- Then I'll be rooting for them to go home early, r8. There's nothing gays like to do more than spoil Drag Race, that's why they started filming 3 winners, so it can't be spoiled again. Like it was on this shit site the first season. I learned to stop reading it during Drag Race after that.
- I was hoping Danny Noriega would make it lol. He's actually hilar on YouTube.
- Detox was in Rihanna's Disturbia and S&M music videos. In Disturbia, Detox is waving a red fan across her face. In S&M, Detox has a bright yellow wig on. Willam is also in the video.
- My prediction is Lineysha Sparx wins. I normally don't look at queens before the season but I was very fascinated by Lineysha from the promotional material so I looked. I am very impressed. He is a designer and has amazing taste. Designers haven't done well in the competition. Lashawn Beyond and Madame LaQueer were eliminated early in the last season. I think it will be different for Lineysha.
My prediction for the remaining queens is: 2 - Alyssa Edwards, 3 - Detox, 4 - Roxxxy Andrews, 5 - CoCo Montrese, 6 - Honey Mahogany, 7 - Alaska, 8 - Serena Cha Cha, 9 - Ivy Winters, 10 - Jinkx Monsoon, 11 - Vivienne Pinay, 12 - Jade Jolie, 13 - Monica Beverly Hillz, 14 - Penny Tration.
- Detox and Alaska both have been applying for all seasons - I think they never knew what to make of Detox until she did that video with Willam. Alaska same reason - after Sharon won, they put on Alaska.
- Season 5 judge roster:
Maria Conchita Alonso
Joan Van Ark (!!!)
Downtown Julie Brown
Anita and Ruth Pointer
- I love how r14 has predicted the entire season before a single episode even airs!
- By the gods, I hope Detox makes it into the top 3. I've worked with her twice, and she's hysterical. Also a fierce bitch.
- I can't believe it's coming so quickly. I think it starts in very early January, just a few weeks from now. Ru's been working on a new album too, he likes to release them during the finale, having the finalists perform in a video for his new song.
- Jade Jolie and Ivy Winters are dark horses. Do NOT underestimate them.
- Isn't Jade Jolie a gay porn star?
Of course, Detox and Alaska will make it far. They're friends with the veterans and Ru.
- Detox and Alaska are not buddy buddy with Ru - both have been turned down for every other RPDR season. Chad Michaels was turned down twice.
- What's the point of having a biological female contestant?
- It's debuting Jan. 28th, still a month away, but not too long.
- One month to go. Rupual's Drag Race season 5 premieres on January 28th.
R22 Chad Michaels was asked to be on season one. He turned them down. He thought it would be trash and didn't want to be apart of it. Then he had regrets about turning them down and saw how successful it was. Then he sent in audition tapes every season. He was turned down for season two and three. I think that is why he was humble in season four and then turned into a diva after he made it so far. He felt his place was secure. Shannel, who is friends with Chad, got on season one. I think Chad was jealous of his fame and damaged their friendship because of it.
- We'll be here in two weeks, hunty !
- Hopefully the cast is better than Season 4. Those were a bunch of ugly skanks!!!
- Deven Green is going to guest star. Well, hello!
- Are you bitches excited? I know I am.
- Jade Jolie is a bareback porn performer under the namer Tristan Everhard. Link NSFW.
- How many of these low-end queens will be hideously and randomly tattooed?
- 4 more days until the new season starts ! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ..............
- It's on tonight, bitches ........
- Let them have it!
- Lineysha Sparx is the most overlooked queen heading into the premiere. I'm the only one that thinks he is going to win.
Alaska Thunderf*ck got help from Pandora Boxx in making an audition video for this season. RuPaul said in an interview just under 1,000 drag queens sent in videos for RDR5. The producers also look for drag queens to be on the show and review past auditions, so the number is over 1,000. I didn't realize there was that many drag queens in the US.
Did anyone go the premiere party in NYC on Jan. 25th? Bebe Zahara Benet was scheduled to perform but backed out at the last minute. Why doesn't he show up for Drag Race events anymore? Is he illegally in the country and doesn't want to bring the attention of ICE on him?
Sharon Needles stole the show. Here is his performance below:
- Somebody in the NSFW link about Jade Jolie claims that Monica Beverly Hills is on the 'mones.
- R36 I think Honey Mahogany and Roxxxy Andrews are. I'm not sure what Detox has done but I have my suspicions. As everyone knows now Carmen Carrera is on them but he hasn't had genital surgery. He says it's because the surgery isn't advanced enough. I think it's because his boyfriend is into chicks with dicks.
- Pink carpet interviews with all the RDR5 cast at the L.A. premiere.
- So tonight's the night! I can't watch until after midnight at the soonest, when the video files hit the internet. They used to post HD video on LOGO's site too, but the new episode wouldn't be available until about 3am the next morning.
- BOY IS A BOTTOM: the latest single from Willam, Detox and Vicky Vox
- Jade Jolie is actually kind of hot as a woman...as a man -not so much.
- Roxxy Andrews is the only cute boy. Alaska Thunderfuck looks like a junkie. Is nobody else watching? Some of them make Chad Michael's plastic surgery look God given. Amazing.
- Well - Alaska looking like a junky goes with her boyfriend Sharon Needles - they both looked like they'd have needles hanging out of their arms.
- Poor Allysa looks likes a microcephalic. Jade is adorable but my God, she's evil already. "Alaska is like a brokedown Sharon Needles."
All I can think of when I see Camille Grammar is IBS farts and Republicanism.
- Lineysha Sparks is pretty hot out of drag too.
- Ugh, I hate all those fake contacts!
Bitches, you don't have blue or green eyes, deal!
- I am hating Coco Montrese.
- AWESOME EPISODE! Lineysha got a gasp when he walked in, the only one to get that. I loved the water tank challenge. Lineysha looked like a model still Detox got the better photo. Roxxy Andrews and Vivienne Pinay would have been in my top three for the mini-challenge. I was disappointed Alaska gave up. Ru was right to be perplexed. He auditioned for all five seasons yet didn't give 100% on the very first challenge. Strange.
I'm surprised how catty everyone is on the very first episode. Prior seasons weren't this catty this early. Coco and Alyssa are dancing around their issues. I really want hear what is at the heart of their poisoned relationship.
I wanted to see how Detox interacted with the other queens. Surprisingly, he seems to have become friends with Monica Beverly Hillz who is not as talented as Detox. Next week MBH makes an announcement. I think he will either tell us he's a hermaphrodite or he is transitioning to become a woman.
Now we all know why Sharon is attracted to Alaska. He has a big dick.
- Why do all drag queens try to out cunt each other, isn't there more to drag then just being the cruelest bitch in the room?
- Did you see the Absolut Ru-Dunnit commercials? I saw Sharon, Chad and Phi Phi's. I didn't see Latrice's yet. Here is a behind the scenes video:
- Just waiting for the first episode to come out on torrent so I can download and watch in Australia.
Very excited about season 5!!!
- Lineysha is SO hot. In & out of drag. I hope she goes far but the Puerto Rican queens tend to get overlooked unfortunately.
- Ugh, why did I click on R30's link? Gross. That's all I could envision when Jade Jolie was onscreen. Gross and pathetic.
The feud between the ugly guy and the uglier guy is boring. And the water pose challenge was funnier when the girls were being hosed down. Still, I watch.
The Ruvolution is being televised
- I like the narcoleptic queen. Seattle's youngest MILF.
- These are some busted-looking ugly guys. Yikes. They make Pandora Boxx look like a stud.
No real favorites yet, but I can say I hate the cunty Coco. Nothing redeemable about her personality.
- Oh yeah, r54. Jinkx is the real deal. Actual talent beyond trying to be a passable woman.
- [quote]Lineysha is SO hot. In & out of drag.
To me, Ivy Winters has a slight edge as the hottest boy.
[quote]I'm surprised how catty everyone is on the very first episode. Prior seasons weren't this catty this early.
It's like they're doing a mashup of [italic]Drag Race[/italic] and [italic]The Bad Girls Club.[/italic] It verges on just ugly and vicious instead of entertainingly bitchy. That said, it's more than likely producer-driven.
[quote]Coco and Alyssa are dancing around their issues. I really want hear what is at the heart of their poisoned relationship.
Alyssa was dethroned as Miss Gay America 2010; Coco was her first runner-up. Alyssa apparently blames Coco for some behind-the-scenes treachery or other. Officially, though, she was fired for not fulfulling her obligations -- i.e., showing up for club bookings and required appearances at MGA preliminaries only when she felt like it. In any case, I had no idea what a sorry low-down cunt she is until last night.
I really like Detox -- I give her props for calling out Alyssa for her nastiness. I like Jinkx too -- she seems sweet, and she's just quirky enough.
Serena just looks too young to be there, in a creepy, unsettling way. Her runway look, besides being terrible, called to mind the big-girl division on [italic]Toddlers and Tiaras.[/italic] Camille Grammer got it right when she said Serena looked like a little boy in a dress. I'll be surprised if she isn't the next to go.
- Allyssa got her grill at the Dollar Store...hahaha.
- The bitches over at Lipstick Alley are lettin' me have it ...
[quote][bold]Mrs. Ivey:[/bold] I went to high school with jinkx monsoon! And she's a damn lie with that narcolepsy shit. At least he never did that in school. Lol or I never noticed but I had a gang of classes with him.
[quote][bold]Mr.Meecko:[/bold] Alyssa's hard face ass and Coco's Cicely Tyson looking ass need to gon head and fight so that they can leave...they both work my last nerve! i hate to see people wear colored contacts when they look hella fake, and i ESPECIALLY hate to see black folk wear green and blue colored contacts! Ms Coco, you look a fool!
- Hot boy pic of Roxxxy:
- I wish Penny Tration had more time on the show. Looked like a very nice queen. That had to be the most gracious and humble exit interview in the history of RDR. Oh - that's why she had to go!
- [quote]I wish Penny Tration had more time on the show. Looked like a very nice queen. That had to be the most gracious and humble exit interview in the history of RDR. Oh - that's why she had to go!
She was runner-up in the online fan-favorite competition leading up to the premiere. (The winner, Adore Delano -- [italic]American Idol[/italic] semifinalist Danny Noriega -- didn't make it on the show.) I wonder if she wasn't glad to be done with those bitches.
- It's a mean group of girls this season. It was not enjoyable to see so much bitchy drama in the very first episode. If it continues at this pace, Drag Race may officially jump the shark this year.
- Jade Jolie is so cute and the only really fishy looking one this season. But I don't think she will last long as she doesn't seem to have any sewing skills.
Why didn't Danny Noriega make it to the show if he was voted fan fave?
Alaska looks like hell...pure D-list drag.
- I agree with everyone up thread about Coco and alyssa feud...tired tired tired.
Jade is the new Phi Phi...but then again Serena seems very affected by the talk.
Love my Detox...and Roxy...the best of the best this season.
- Alyssa Edwards seems like the shit stirrer of the group. Her fivehead is very distracting.
- Jade reminds me a LOT of Tatianna.
- It's too bad Penny Tration didn't know the words to that song. Serena should have gone home. Or at least over to LollipopTwinks to make porn.
- [quote]Alyssa Edwards seems like the shit stirrer of the group.
This time around you can't narrow it to just one.
- Penny Tration was the worst queen ever to be on the show. Talk about a booger.
- The new episode is on VH1 tonight at 10pm EST. They showed Drag Race on VH1 seasons 2 and 3 I think, but they stopped last year. The American Family Associate, or whatever shitbag homophobe organization, claimed it as a victory, they had been pestering VH1 not to show it. If VH1 caved the first time (not that it was ever confirmed that's why it was pulled) I wonder why it's back? Anyway, glad it's back, because a lot of us couldn't get LOGO even if we wanted it, I don't think it's available at all in our area. I've mostly seen the show by downloading it.
- [quote] If it continues at this pace, Drag Race may officially jump the shark this year.
Let it jump, it can keep jumping back and forth over the shark, meanwhile there will be an endless pool of potential contestants to draw from. I predict Drag Race will be on for decades, even after Ru retires and they have to rename it.
- Goodness, where to start ....
First, I'm thrilled that the show is back and I thought the first episode was quite good (I could've done withouth the Hollywood music video).
Now, for the girls ...
Thus far, the bitch edit (so far) goes to Alyssa and Serena ....
I am already very annoyed with Jade's endless giggling.
There are a lot of girls that didn't make an immediate impression, but maybe as the numbers go down...
Jinx seems like a good 'character'. I didn't think her runway look was very good though, but I like the personality.
I do think (from this busted group), Ivy Winters looks best as a boy. Who was the Helen Keller contestant who said Detox was a hottie ? (Uhhhh, he looks like he's had more work than Chad Michaels).
Detox is very full of herself and we'll see if she gets more challenge wins to back up the attitude.
I must say Alyssa was definitely the shit stirrer. You can tell she loved getting under Alaska's skin with her pointed questions and also how she gave digs to Coco while they were getting ready.
I knew Penny Tration was doomed at that lip sync for your life. Serena had just gotten minutes of face time where she was set up as a real pain in the ass (I think Serena is more deserving of the 'new Tatianna' crown than Jade).
Alaska does come to the competition with a lot of baggage. (past failed attempts, winner boy/girl friend). She looks tired already....
I'll have to check out Roxxsy and Linesha a bit more. I liked Roxxxy boy confessionals, but honesty Linesha didn't make much of an impression yet.
I guess I expected the extra bitchiness after four seasons. By now, the contestants know what makes good TV and they want to get air time and make something of this opportunity like Willam and Sharon Needles have.
I don't think Coco and Alyssa will dance around each other for long. That isn't what the producers want.
It would be interesting if there were a drag queen romance this season ....just as a 'first'.
- Having just watched the 'Untucked' episode ...if they make it far enough in the competition, Jade and Serena are totally going to fuck.
- R73, supposedly RuPaul claimed in some interview that there will be a romance btw queens this season...
Also, Alyssa is the new PhiPhi. In the previews for Untucked, they showed her getting into arguments with almost everyone including Roxxy and Detox.
Serena should have gone home but Penny really messed that lipsynch off. She should go next but previews made it seem like someone may quit.
- We were talking about Ru today at work and someone brought up Ru's appearance on Project Runway season 5 and how bad he looked, he was sweating all during his time on the judging panel and looked very very gaunt. Does anyone know the scoop on what was happening with him at the time?
- Well, R76, I saw Mimi Imfurst cabaret show in NY this Nov and she implied that Ru has HIV -
- How is someone who is so hideously fug as Detox so full of herself?
Alyssa is just tragic all around. How that mess got Miss Gay America is a mystery.
- Alyssa wants to show everyone that she still has "it."
What? Skin grafts?
- I find Honey Mahogany to be incredibly boring.
- I am a BIG Detox fan. You cannot deny this bitch is Gorgeous!
I find Roxxy very sexy out of drag...my type of fit-fat.
Love Alaska...I thought he looked stunning in that saran wrap dress.
Alyssa is a shit stirrer...cannot stand this ugly copy catter. She has ho face as a woman and as a man. Fug.
I am not a Jade Jolie fan. fake, fake, fake. Blechhh...
This season looks like its going to be fun!
- Post on the "I Am Divine" Facebook page in honor of the RuPaul's Drag Race premiere:
- I say this with Christian love: Alaska and Sharron are junkies.
- Simple r76, he is always very carefully lit on his own show. PR is lit for normal people, not drag queens in extremely heavy makeup.
- Some people didn't like Alyssa for asking all those questions to Alaska but I was fine with it. In fact, I probably would have done the same thing. They were questions I had too. Over the past week I've seen Alaska promoting the new season. Whenever someone brought up Sharon there was tension. Episode one confirmed my suspcions.
I didn't like Penny Tration on Drag Race. He didn't seem to gel with anyone else. He seemed out of his element. He gave the worst lip sync ever. However, from what I've seen on youtube he's good.
- For those who didn't catch it last season, Detox was in Willam's "Chow Down At Chick-fil-A" video. His rap parody of "Waterfalls" was the highlight of my year.
- R82, DataLounge doesn't yet display YouTube videos inline with the short URL. Dear DataLounge, please get with the program.
- [quote]Who was the Helen Keller contestant who said Detox was a hottie? (Uhhhh, he looks like he's had more work than Chad Michaels).
FWIW, he was in a motorcycle wreck a few years ago that messed up his face pretty badly. That said, I also think his cheeks and lips are pumped with sil.
[quote]Thus far, the bitch edit (so far) goes to Alyssa and Serena ....
I find Jade much bitchier than Serena. Serena is just immature and clueless.
[quote]Serena should have gone home but Penny really messed that lipsynch off. She should go next but previews made it seem like someone may quit.
Supposedly Monica Beverly Hillz breaks down and reveals that she's transgender.
A poster at TWOP is speculating that Jinkx is TG as well but hasn't admitted it to herself yet. I agree -- she seems ill-at-ease as a boy, kinda like Stacy Layne Matthews did in Season 3.
- Penny is a mean, nasty, no class Queen! Never liked her when seeing the shows here in Cincy. This past weekend, she was involved with a incident at a bar she was performing at, with a intoxicated straight customer.
I know this because a friend of mine who was there, was helping the intoxicated lady navigate stairs out of the bar when Penny was harassing the poor lady and started to yell at my friend. He asked why she was doing what she was doing and Penny responded by yelling at him that she hates straight people! They kicked him out too, before he was able to let his wife know what was happening. Friggin' crazy, I know!
- Detox also has pec implants, which look ridiculous.
- Detox has done the pr0n as well.
- I want to strangle Jade Jolie for that laugh alone. That girl's got a LOT of damage underneath the hyaena giggle.
Detox has a Paris Hilton nose. If you were going to get a nose job, why get one that looks like that?
Is Miss Gay America an award that means something? Because former winner and first runner up are both busted.
- I wonder if Detox will prove that once again, L.A. queens are the true "mean girls" of Drag Race. But mean or not, the LA/So Cal girls have the talent and attitude to back it up.
- [quote]Is Miss Gay America an award that means something? Because former winner and first runner up are both busted.
You wouldn't think so judging from those two, but it's the longest-running national drag pageant -- one of the "big three" along with Miss Gay USofA and Miss Continental.
MGA makes a big deal out of being a pageant for drag purists -- they ban transwomen from competing, and they require contestants to do an interview out of drag, with judges docking points if they don't look suitably masculine. The downside is that MGA queens tend to look like dudes in dresses compared with USofA and Continental girls. Alyssa, however, is actually considered one of the fishier MGAs.
- I'm watching because a friend of mine is a celebrity judge.
But I'm really not enjoying it. The contestants are some messy, fucked-up people.
- R95, please tell Santino he sucks.
- Jade Jolie looks like Alfred E Neuman's sister.
- What is a 'hunty'?
- R98 Honey + Cunt = Hunty
- "Hunty" is a hypercorrected pronunciation of "honey" used by older African American women and imitated by drag queens.
It also happens to sound like "cunt", so there's that.
- That's what I thought r100, I didn't think the derivation had to do with "cunt." RuPaul has always opposed the stereotype that drag queens should be mean and cunty, although the "Charisma, Uniqueness, Talent and Nerve" thing is supposedly an intentional acronym for CUNT.
- Oops, I just realized I listed the Charisma, ect thing wrong, no need for anyone to be a cunt (or cutn) and point that out.
- [quote]although the "Charisma, Uniqueness, Talent and Nerve" thing is supposedly an intentional acronym for CUNT.
- Did Honey Mahogany remind anyone of Phyllis Hyman?
I'm surprised there was no shade thrown at Vivienne Pinay's dress. It was hideous.
- Alaska in drag looks like Santos from 1Girl5Gays.
- R105, I thought the SAME EXACT THING. Great call. He especially looks like Santos during the 1Girl5Gays naked episode.
- [quote]How many of these low-end queens will be hideously and randomly tattooed?
Surprisingly, none I think.
- I haven't seen so many ugly ass queens on one stage before.
- Preview of the next episode -- this should be good.
- Match the queen with her "celebrity" likeness:
Alaska, Honey Mahogany, Lynesha Sparx, Jade Jolie, Monica Beverly Hillz, Roxxxy, Alyssa, Coco
Lady Miss Kier, Debbie Allen, Santos, Shannel, Carmen Carrera-Loren, Cicely Tyson, Stacy Q, Tatiana Turner, Cindy Birdsong.
- Oops, forgot Detox
- I knew Coco when we worked at Disney together. Back then he was running around in a Pluto costume and wasn't nearly as cunty. In fact, he was very quiet.
- Detox is ah mazing...very funny and can cut a bitch with her words.
- They are truly an unfortunate looking bunch out of drag, and some of them in drag.
- Alyssa looks like Carrot Top out of drag.
- I can see why no one pays for porn any more if these nasty skanks are in it. I wish I could un-see the 2 links on here with their bareback porn pix. I just had to look. It's like passing by a head-on collision...you know you'll be sorry but you stare anyway.
- Please take my poll about how you watch Drag Race, thanks.
- Glad to see I'm not the only one that was disappointed. I understand trying to have a 'fishy' season, and so selecting the girliest looking men, but I didn't think much of any of them in drag.
They all look busted in and out of character, they're 90% cunt (and not funny cunt, either), and it was kind of predictable who was going out based on their shitty dresses.
I think it's because the average IQ of the queens has slipped about 20 points. And could someone explain why Sharon Needles (who looks good as a woman AND has a geeky charm as a man) is with shitty, boring Alaska who fails on both of those counts? Is it just because she's hung? lol
It's not just that the format has become tired, whoever was responsible for casting this year should be shot. Alaska is a total drag and Detox is a Burns-esque freakshow with nothing but poison in her veins.
I only like the Narcoleptic queen from Seattle. And she's one of the only ones who looks like a man out of drag, and isn't a cunt either.
I didn't laugh at anything. Last season I had a smile on my face the whole time. Lame.
- OMG Ayb...I totally disagree with your comments. Detox is soooo Beautiful. The Queens this year are a bit cuntier with Jade Jolie (Fake) and Alyssa (Texas trash) but they do make beautiful women.
To me Detox is stellar, has charisma, and has some amazing Youtubes out there. She has magic baby!
I also like Roxxy Andrews who makes a cute guy and Honey Mahogany...great personality and looks wonderful as a woman.
Alaska has a lot of baggage that he comes to the show with and I feel terrible for him. Sharon is an ultimate Drag Superstar here in the states...she is friends with Amanda Lapore and that is a lot to deal with for Alaska. I dont see that marriage lasting very long...it would surprise me if it did.
I think Serena Chacha is a very poignant story in that the way they are portraying her is this young immigrant who sees stars in her eyes and who is slowly being whittled away by the harder queens. I feel terrible for her but she is quickly being made out by the producers as the underdog of the show. In my eyes at least (that dress/lederhosen thing was horrific!)
Ru's dress on the first ep was absolutely sickening...brilliant.
- Episode TWO was a roller coaster for me. SPOILERS! DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE SHOW YET! I expected Monica Beverly Hillz to reveal he is transgendered. I wish he would have stated where he was in that process. I don't think people who are half-way or all-the-way done with the transition should be on the show because they have an advantage of looking like a woman. I think episode two brought everyone back into one pack. No one has broken out yet. When Serena ChaCha won the mini-challenge I thought, no way, that means he'll be here longer. Luckily, that didn't happen.
- I am going crazy over Coco Montrese. Smart, sharp, precise, and strong. That short red hair she was sporting tonight was killer.
- Coco was good tonight, r121. I liked her as Lashawn with that screwy makeup and a knot on top of her head.
[quote]I'm not here to make best buddies, bitch. This is not Rupaul's Best Friend Race!
The Monica Beverly Hillz thing does make me wonder what the rules are to be in the competition. First of all when she said she's a transgendered woman, I had to stop a minute and think whether that means she's female transitioning to male, or the other way around. That's just my own ignorance.
But then understanding that a drag queen is a male outfitting as a female character (is that an accurate definition?), then at what point is a trans person no longer considered eligible to be a drag queen?
It's an interesting topic to discuss and get some clarification on.
Last year there was that speculation that Willam was removed from the contest because he was trans. That didn't turn out to be the case (apparently) but I think that's what put it in my head that a trans person couldn't compete on the show. I guess that's not the case at all.
- I'm not impressed by any of the drag queens this season. They lack a certain panache. Chad Michael was and is still my favorite because he showed that drag can be an art form. He's old school drug. Witty, elegant, dignified and pretty smart. Seems like he knows drag history. If anyone can mainstream drag, it would be Chad Michael.
This season is a mess. As mean as Serena was, he's right. They're all so very ghetto. If Ru, Chad and Raja raised the bar on drag, the queens this season brought it back down to the back alley.
- Another cruise ship Hallmark moment. This one was kind of funny.
This French guy cruised me in one of the ship's bathrooms somewhere in the North Sea, the last night of the cruise. I said WTF I'm horny, he's hot, has a huge uncut dick, and I'm probably never gonna see him again. We must have both been horny (and I was VERY young) because the whole thing lasted less than 5 minutes.
When we came out I sat at my table and he went to his and proceeded to join this young, hot, very worldly-looking chick who minutes later stood up, threw her drink on his face, and stormed out!
Later in the Casino he was by himself and said hi (looking for seconds). When I asked what the earlier commotion was about, he explained, in very broken English, that he had just married this very wealthy girl and was there on his honeymoon.
Plot and cues worthy of Dynasty (which btw was very popular in Europe at the moment - 1987).
- oops - wrong thread.
But come to the "running into an fb's wife and kids thread" if that interested you :)
- Good grief, they're almost all busted.
How anyone can believe that toxic train wreck called Detox is "beautiful" needs corrective lenses fast. Please use a designated driver to get to Lenscrafters.
The only pretty two in drag are Lineysha and Vivienne.
Jade Jolie is an unattractive, self-centered cunt who appears to have most STDs known to man.
Alyssa looks like a sick horse and Coco looks like an old crack whore...Miss Gay USA indeed.
Lineysha should have won the first challenge. Roxxxy's stretch marks were showing in that awful S&M knock-off. The black biker gloves and goth make-up almost matched her brown teeth.
WTF...Penny Tration won the viewers' choice?
Out of drag, that old bitch looks like a busted Uncle Fester!
That syrupy-sweet exit didn't fool me -- that misshapen witch is as bitter as raw cocoa beans and lying about her age just like Shannel. That special bitch is pushing 40 if not past it.
And i thought it was common knowledge that RuPaul is HIV-positive.
- Meanwhile, back in the judges booth:
LOVED the friction between Kristen Johnson and Michelle Visage (or at least the way it was edited).
It was about time someone stood up to La Visage's sometimes amateurish biases. Kristen Johnson is the real actor here - with emmys to back it up - and spot-on on her candid evaluations of the queens, especially when defending the narcoleptic one, who happens to be a great comedian.
Michelle, on the other hand, has already decided she doesn't like the narco and loves Detox, and is letting that color all her commentary. It's been the same in previous seasons (her leanings for Raja and against Alexis come to mind).
Also --- VERY happy Lynesha won. She was flawless and had the Tyra Sanchez nuances down, as much as they edited her otherwise during the rehearsals.
Viva San Juan!
- Loretta Devine scored my favorite Visage smackdown. I'm sure it was unintentional. During last season's Snatch Game, Sharon Needles impersonated Michelle Visage and Loretta innocently said, "I didn't know who she was until today". I loved that comment and am impressed Ru let it stay in through editing.
Michelle Visage is the Brian Dunkleman of the new millennium.
- Wouldn't it be wonderful if Kristin Johnson became a permanent judge?
- [quote]As mean as Serena was, he's right. They're all so very ghetto.
I once let slip at work that I thought something was "ghetto" and was schooled very quickly that that word is considered a slur, which I hadn't previously realized. Serena appears not to have taken that lesson to heart on RPDR; he still didn't get it.
- Is she in A.A.? That's where Ru gets most of his crew.
- [quote]Is she in A.A.? That's where Ru gets most of his crew.
Sponsored by ABSOLUT, who provides beverages that they all slurp down
- [quote]I am going crazy over Coco Montrese. Smart, sharp, precise, and strong.
Her Serena read regarding capataining skills will go down as one of the best in RPDR history, up there with Dixie Carter's Marjorie monologue.
And her "confessional" reaction to Serena's ghetto comment threw more shade than a fat tree on a hot summer day.
Before this episode, I thought she was trying too hard (the whole Alyssa/Coco rivalry seems almost staged and contrived), but it really does all come very naturally to her.
- Ghetto, ghetto, ghetto. I'm a white guy and say that word whenever it's appropriate. If you don't like it, tell me to fuck off or whatever but it isn't going to stop me from saying it.
Kristen J's hair looked good.
I wish this show was on in 1990 or so when queens were queens. This third or fourth generation shit is weak.
- Kristen was great, and highlighted what an idiot Michelle is.
- [quote]At what point is a trans person no longer considered eligible to be a drag queen?
I think in this case Ru let Monica slide because, at least at the time of filming, she was early in her transition (didn't have boobs yet, etc.). In the real world, though, there's a lot of overlap -- i.e., a good many drag performers also live full-time as women.
- Monica's mama looked almost exactly like her.
- Yes r137, that's what got to me and when the tears started. And we see monica is at least half Puerto Rican (Dios te bendiga!).
- Do all drag queens come from broken homes? Every time we get one of these family videos on Drag Race it's always followed up with a sad family story.
- This group is the ugliest and nastiest yet. The other queens only reinforced Serena's "ghetto" comment by cussing her out and screaming like a bunch of banshees.
As another poster pointed out, there are different shades of sophistication in drag. I don't see any true drag "artists" in this season's group.
Btw, Coco is how I picture DL's version of Dionne Warwick (Warwitch) to look and act - busted and crass.
- I don't understand bitching about their looks. Yes, some are PSed to grotesque proportions, but Ivy Winters, Serena, Honey Mahogany, Lineysha etc. all have nice features. They're far from ugly.
- I'm still mixing some of them up ...Honey, Lineysha, Coco ...they haven't really made an impression.
LOVED Kristen Johnson as a judge, particularly her read of Detox, who has come to the competition as if the crown is already hers.
I thought Jade looked good on the runway in this episode. Interesting to hear that she's the big tattletale of the group. Definite shit stirrer.
I sure hot that Rox-Lask-Tox (or whatever the fuck it was) is not the new 'Heathers'. Annoying.
And a new drinking game is started. Take a drink every time Detox says 'sorry 'bout it'.
The Untucked episode was pretty funny with the gang up on Serena. She was way out of her league. This second week for her was just as awful as last week. Make up and outfit were busted.
Alaska is trying too hard and her Phi Phi looked baaaaaad.
Glad to get a Alyssa/Coco reprieve. That grew old fast.
- When there showed the clips of the old arguments, there was one where Sahara Davenport was included in the background.
- I think Jade Jolie is beautiful as a woman, but really fugly as a man.
Coco is really growing on me and Kristin Johnson was one of the best judges I can recall. Juliett Lewis was good too and seemed to be a fan of the show.
- I kind of like the character that Jinkx Monsoon has created. She's like a Tammie Brown, but not as whacked out - she actually makes sense most of the time.
- Here is a funny recap of episode 2 from the internet show T-Time.
- AfterBuzz TV's review of episode 2.
- Elimination Lunch is a video chat show hosted by Michelle Visage every Tuesday at 12pm EST with the eliminated queen and viewers. The shows are recorded so you can watch past shows.
- I have trouble watching this.
They aren't very entertaining or talented. And they all seem a bit damaged, sad and mean.
- Detox resting before a night on the town:
- [quote]They aren't very entertaining or talented. And they all seem a bit damaged, sad and mean.
Michelle's "after elimination" word-salad show included.
Couldn't get past the first minute.
- Michelle Visage has a column in Gay Times. Inexplicably.
- R150, the resemblance is uncanny.
- I can't stop saying "Ivvyy Wiiinteeers" the way rupaul does everytime he says her name.
- Since they all raved about how big Alaska's cock is, just how big is it?
- R155 ...who cares ? It's attached to Alaska after all.
- Ever'thins bigger in Alaska!
- I thought this challenge was going to suck but the results were pretty funny.
Despite her unfortunate nose shading on the runway, I love Jinx Monsoon. Her Mimi Imfurst was the best acting. I also liked Alyssa as Shangela. She still scares me though.
- Overall, I like this cast more than I have the last couple of cycles. I thought season 1 was fantastic, season 2 was great, and it just kept dropping a little every season. But this one - I would say (after two episodes grant you), I find them all entertaining in some way.
- Coco had what looked like normal duct tape on her head in the workroom scene when she's asking Monica what is bothering her.
I wonder if that's double-sided duct tape that holds a wig in place.
I thought it was funny when Alaska announced she needed a lot of orange paint so she could impersonate Phi Phi.
- Ivy Winter's Mimi was perfect. What an actress!
- Ivyyyyy Wiiiiinters
- I think Mariah is the most unremarkable queen that was a character in those reenactments. She's lucky she had a line during that Shangela/Mimi Imfurst blowup or you'd never hear her name on Drag Race ever again.
Poor Roxxxy Andrews got stuck with a turd on that challenge.
- The lighting during the lip sync last night made Coco look like a fading hologram on a Star Trek episode. She and Alyssa are going to milk that non-existent drama for all it's worth, aren't they?
Anyone else think Roxxy Andrews is overrated? Her makeup on the runway is frightening and that Toss your Salad character was nowhere near as funny as the praise they gave her. I can't figure out why they're singling her out so often when she's been pretty unremarkable.
- Really ?? Only one post after episode three ? Huh.
I agree. There's something off about Roxxy .... why is her make-up as dark as the African American girls ??
Funny that Alaska decided to do boy drag for the challenge. What a dope.
I was drunk playing the Rox-lasko-tox drinking game last night. Can't stand the new 'Heathers'. Bunch of boogers.
- I like Ivy and Jinkx. The rest kind of suck. I think season 3 was probably the best cast.
- JInxx was robbed! Detox looked like the offspring of a witch and a stripper clown.
- I guess the hook up is going to be between Roxxy and Detox (Roxtox).
At least the latest Untucked makes it seem that way.
Ewwwww ........is Roxxy blind, deaf and dumb ?
- I think Detox is cute as a boy and gorgeous as a girl.
Monica and Coco were the worst in that acting challenge and Vivienne was pretty bad too.
Paulina was Gorgeous!
Sick of AlyssCo...way over it.
No one else watched Ep 3?
- It looks like Detox is being positioned as the winner already. I love the show but it always seems (except for last year) that some established queens are given guarantees before the season starts. As far as Alaska and her group of Heathers, that just seems to be totally opposite of everything that Sharon was about. It looks more and more that Sharon is the brains and talent behind that couple.
- This week's Elimination Lunch. Monica Beverly Hillz didn't show up because she said she has an iPad and that doesn't work for the chat. Strange, because she was on last week.
- DL has been in Primetime since episode three aired. That's why there are a lack of posts.
I am glad Monica Beverly Hillz is gone. She was a wet blanket. I feel the season is starting to shape up. Right now, Lineysha, Roxxxy, and Detox are on the top. Jade, Vivienne and Honey are on the bottom.
Finally, Alyssa got to talk. Up to this point everyone couldn't say much because of how many there were and how limited time was. This group is smarter than I first thought. Everything Alyssa said was pitch perfect. Alyssa looked great on the runway. I think the best.
I didn't like that Alaska forced Alyssa into the cross-dressing role. I think it was shadey. He must have something against Alyssa. Were the roles already scripted? It seemed like the drag queen made up everything. Which is why it bombed. This main challenge is probably the second worst after the Gaff-In challenge on All-Stars. Detox is the only one that made me laugh. He did a great job. I was happy Detox finally got a main challenge win. Roxxxy created an original character although none of the jokes landed. Those are the only ones I would single out for praise.
Honey was funny on the runway. He looked pissed and was running to somewhere. I think they all looked good. Alyssa, Roxxxy and Ivy were my favorites.
- To Alaska's credit, Alyssa was rather nasty to her so I can see why there is no love lost there.
I don't get the Roxxxy hype. She seems rather ordinary to me.
Vivienne will be the next to go unless she can grow a personality and learn padding.
Top queens so far: Detox, Jinkx, Alaska and Lynesha, in that order.
- 'It looks more and more that Sharon is the brains and talent behind that couple.'
They're the drag A STAR IS BORN. Alaska is mediocre at best whereas Sharon has talent. Out of all of the winners of Drag Race, Sharon is the one who I think could have a career beyond the Absolut Tour. And Alaska? I doubt she'll make it to the final six.
Detox's face is melting! Chad Michaels came clean about his plastic surgery tragedy last season, I want to hear Detox's story. Besides, it may give him some much needed warmth.
- A photo of Detox's upcoming lypsynch has already been leaked.
Now sashay away.
- [quote]Detox's face is melting! Chad Michaels came clean about his plastic surgery tragedy last season, I want to hear Detox's story. Besides, it may give him some much needed warmth.
His situation is the result of a motorcycle accident, which I do wish he would address, so people don't think he chose to look that way. But like with Chad, I think Detox's face is a great blank canvas for a drag look.
- Thanks for that information, R176. I hope he does address it on the show. I won't say any more about his face.
But seriously though, don't all of them seem to be more surgically enhanced than in the past seasons?
- [quote]They're the drag A STAR IS BORN. Alaska is mediocre at best whereas Sharon has talent.
Someone needs to watch A Star Is Born again. No one was mediocre in the movie(s). The premise is more one of paths crossing in and out of stardom.
- Everytime I see Jade Joli out of drag I think of this TV character actress.
- Sorry, R178 that it's not an exact parallel but if it helps you sleep at night, yes you're absolutely correct and I need to watch it again to study how differnt it is than an offhand comment made on an anonymous gay gossip board.
R180, that's hilarious. She does look very middle aged out of make-up. A friend of mine said that she reminds him of the pill popping housewife in THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY.
- I wish there was a season of all Camp drag queens. Those are the most creative and fun to watch.
- I thought I was going to hate Alyssa, but she just might grow on me.
- Alyssa's buck-toothed grill creeps me out.
- Three episodes and neither Coco or Alyssa can explain what the hell happened. "let's just say.."
Jesus! I would say "how did you lose your crown, what did you not do?" Oh there was some administrative tasks...WTF Bitch what did she not do?? Just fucking say it.
- Coco, think more Pinocchio, and less the puppet from Saw.
- R186 Ru hit the nail on the head with that quip. I thought Coco looked like the puppet from Saw and then Ru said it.
What's the T? review show of episode three below.
- It would be fun to see this show travel like Top Chef. Go to a city and have the queens that perform at the clubs duke it out. Built in drama already because there are rival drag queens in every city.
Imagine: RuPaul's Drag Race OMAHA!!! The queens in that town take their drag way too seriously and I bet there would be some knock down drag out fights.
C. DePoulignac, Queen of Tanquir
- R180 - HILARIOUS!!!!! Didn't that lady play Dorothy's (first) sister on TGG? Either way. Funny....
- Yup! Doris Belack, R189. She also played Rita Marshall in TOOTSIE.
- T Time TV episode three review
- LOGO needs to give Lil' Pound Cake her own TV show. I love her hobbies of "ridin' dirty, and being a straight up, motherfuckin' dick pig."
- [quote]I love her hobbies of "ridin' dirty, and being a straight up, motherfuckin' dick pig.
I'm a horny cock pig too, I'm just a little more discreet about it.
- Why does Jinx pluck his eyebrows so much? He doesn't even use his own eyebrows for the base of his drag eyebrows. He would look a lot better if he let them be.
- OMG I love the Mashups they did on Ep 3! So Awesome!
Definitely Jinx and Detox were the best!
- I think Alaska (the 49th state) was looking an awful lot like Michelle Visage. Is that strategic? How can she slam someone that looks like a more feminine version of herself?
- R183, me too! I know it's all for the camera but it seems that Alyssa is taking the high road regarding the really weak feud. Coco realizes it will give her more face time so she's going on and on. Of course I'm sure they probably had drinks at the bar at night and planned the next day's blowup but I still like Alyssa better.
- Great episode last night. I'm finally getting used to the new editing this season.
I would have given Roxxxy the mini-challenge win instead of Jinx because I think he danced better. My ranking for the mini-challenge would be: 1. Coco, 2. Roxxxy, 3. Jinx, 4. Alyssa, 5. Detox. Everyone of the 11 has placed high on atleast one challenge except Vivienne and Jade. There is a lot of diversity in the wins. Usually someone is breaking away by this point and it's always the eventual winner.
I think everyone did good in the main challenge. The highlight was Alyssa and Coco dancing. Both did great. Coco should have been high this week. Ivy was really good as Lady Bunny. He even got Bunny's fall and pose right. With Alyssa's win, it means four different queens have won the first four main challenges. That's never happened before.
Alyssa called the less talented contestants princesses and the more talented contestants queens in Untucked. I like that better than heather and boogers. It's more complimentary.
- In the mini-challenge, I thought Alyssa looked like the caveman from the Geico ads.
- The double elimination was spot on. Both were filler/dead weight.
I cackled aloud when the judges shaded Honey's "caftan collection."
- You could see the EE (double e) coming a mile away, since both those queens have practically the same energy level.
I was a bit disappointed by the choreography (and hence the choreographers) - so much more they could have done especially with Miss Ross, even with untrained dancers. Also, for someone owning a dance studio, Alyssa lacks a lot of technique.
I was glad they had to wear ballet slippers. Nothing like a pair of flats to truly catch a glimpse at a queen's true proportions (Roxxxy!)
There's one thing I'm in agreement with Vivienne - I can't stand Roxxxy's unjustified sense of entitlement. She reminds me Olga Guillot on steroids (Latin DLers know who I'm talking about).
All in all, the weakest episode so far, after a bang-up first three.
- Amen! I've thought Roxxy has looked like overdone shit since day one. Finally the judges came down from whatever high they were on and read her.
In THAT group Alyssa is a good dancer. In real life, not so much.
- Weak episode and challenge. All of the fake drama was boring. 'Oh no, Alaska can't dance!' 'Can Coco and Alyssa put their made-up differences aside?'. Why do they always keep the real drama for Untucked? I didn't realize they were all turning against Jade Jolie and what a little diva she's been during rehearsals until I saw a few minutes of that last night.
The main challenge was a good idea ruined by bad execution. And I agree with R201, the choreography was awful. The groups could have pulled something like that together themselves.
Last night, Michelle Visage said something about Alyssa being the first queen to leap across the stage. How quickly they've forgotten Sahara Davenport. That was her whole shtick and she did it much better.
The bottom two didn't have a chance. They had a bad song to work with and neither one of them did anything with it. The double elimination allows them to get rid of some dead weight and then save someone from elimination a few weeks from now.
Roxxy Andrews needs to stop showing so much flesh and what the hell is going on with her make-up? Poor dumb Vivienne was right on about Roxxy. She is loud, obnoxious and not nearly all that she thinks. Vivienne may be a pale imitation of Jujubee, but Roxxy is a third-rate Chanel.
- Britney Spears for a lipsynch song? Ugh - the poor queens didn't have a chance.
- [quote]Britney Spears for a lipsynch song? Ugh - the poor queens didn't have a chance
"I'm Not! That! Talen-ted!"
- And some queens just don't know how to pad.
If you're gonna give yourself hips, be aware of how off your skinny man legs will look next to them, Coco and Alaska (and from other years, Chad, Alexis, Jujube, and many others). Interesting how it's usually strong contestants that go for this AWFUL illusion. Padding works only with queens that have the thighs (whether God, Gym, or Dance-given) to go with the proportions you seek. Better yet, don't pad. Women are spending billions to have narrow tight bodies and big tits, and only women with big everything are successfully curvy. So why are drag queens just padding the hips? It looks terrible!
Which brings me to the next question - Coco always seems to have the same hip deformity. Is that real or padded? Lynesha too, but she seems to have a better sense of proportion.
- In Untucked, Coco and others started picking on Alaska's taste levels, which kinda pissed her off, but it's kinda the truth.
Why the long face, Alaska?
- I'm surprised someone caught on to the fact RPDR has a new editor. He's the guy who edited Untucked for years.
- Alaska's trashiness is part of her charm. I thought her outfit this week was hilarious in a good way.
- R203, as bad as I hate to defend Michelle, she wasn't a judge on Sahara's season (2). Merle was still around then.
- Roxxy, honey, you're STILL fat. Just because you lost a few pounds doesn't mean you're ready to show off your body. She looks like Shannel's fat, untalented younger sister.
Honey Mahogany was a sweetheart, but she walked like a football player on the runway. I hope she left behind some of her caftans for Roxxy.
- Do Alaska and Sharon REALLY love each other? I didn't buy it.
- Honey Mahogany should have done Diana Ross circa The Wiz, he looks just like her out of drag with that short fro.
- I dozed off during last night's dance competition. This season's crop of queens does nothing for me.
- Too bad Honey couldn't just do Diana's back-up girl, Cindy Birdsong. Now THERE'S a resemblance.
Coco, who's missing tooth in the back makes HER look like Diane
- I agree with 214: Worst season yet. No future stars that's for sure.
- Alyssa is supposed to be a dancer in real life? Because in the mini challenge she was one of the worst. I still can't get beyond her teefs.
- [quote]I still can't get beyond her teefs.
But like Detox's face, his teeth help to create a striking look in drag.
- Travis Wall seems like a sweetheart. Kind of cute too. I'd known his name before last night, but never seen him in anything.
Is there something wrong with Lineysha Sparx, or is it just the language barrier that makes her seem slow sometimes?
- Does Detox have pec implants in addition to the other obvious cosmetic enhancements?
She was showing some decent looking tits a couple of times in the workroom yesterday.
- I'm sure it's just the language and culture barrier. I suspect she's actually quite sharp, in her own context.
- [quote]Alyssa is supposed to be a dancer in real life?
He runs a dance studio near Dallas that sent a team to [italic]America's Got Talent.[/italic] He got dethroned as Miss Gay America because representing the title took a backseat to his business.
- You're right, R213. Unfortunately he knew nothing about her so couldn't reference any of her looks.
That's the big scandal, R222? No wonder Alyssa and Coco don't want to talk about it, it's a boring story.
- [quote]That's the big scandal, [R222]?
Pretty much. He showed up for appearances and MGA preliminaries only when he felt like it.
Incidentally, after being dethroned as MGA, he won another national pageant, All-American Goddess (India Ferrah from Raja's season is a former), and got dethroned from that one too for pulling the same shit.
- Wow r224. I would guess that with that information, there is no way that RuPaul would let him win this season.
If the bitch hasn't carried out the responsibilities for 2 other titles she's won, why risk having her disrespect or damage the 'prestige' of the Drag Race title?
- ANyone know him?
- Travis was definitely cute last night. Sort of wish I had watched his crappy reality show now.
- If anything I think you played Lady Bunny as too skinny and too pretty.
- Alyssa's audition video for season 4 was posted online. I can't find it anymore. He has a big house. One of the few drag queens that owns a house. If the pageants got in the way of him earning money than he made the right decision because drag, for most, doesn't pay well.
- Roxxy is serving Lainie Kazan realness.
- What the fuck responsibilities does a Gay Miss America have anyway? It's not like they're being asked to cut the ribbon at a mall opening or make an appearance on the Jerry Lewis telethon.
- That was just a HORRIBLE song to have to lip sync for your life to .... two dull contestants performing a dull song.
I am disappointed at how much that lame ballet challenge cut into the runway on this episode. The girls didn't even walk it, there was just a quick shot of each one for like two seconds and then they were all standing there and half of them were quickly dismissted.
No one is yet thrilling me and I am sooooo tired of that Ro-Laks-Tox bullshit. As someone else said upthread, Sharon Needles would've never participated in that Heathers/Boogers bullshit.
No doubt, the Tox part of that trio will be one of the last standing probably.
- Detox has her next "look" ready!
- Exactly, R201!
Now that you mention it, Olga is absolutely correct.
- [quote]Travis was definitely cute last night. Sort of wish I had watched his crappy reality show now.
That show was the fakest of the fake especially Travis' 'girlfriend'. MARY!!!
- Roxxxy Andrews
- Olga Guillot
- Are Ru Paul and Lady Bunny still friends? As she ever appeared on his show?
- Lady Bunny makes an (extremely annoying) appearance on each episode of RuPaul's Drag U. The budget for that show is so small that they literally can't afford to put RuPaul into drag for it (his drag is very expensive, involving a whole team of hair/makeup/costumers), so Bunny shows up as the "Dean of Drag."
- Has anyone ever seen Lady Bunny out of drag? Also are there any drag queens that look good as men?
- I am suprised that Chi Chi LaRue has never appeared in one of RuPaul's shows, not even as a judge. I thought Chi Chhi and Ru are friends.
- I don't get it r239 - what's the correlation between a low budget and Lady Bunny's role as the Dean of Drag?
I've never seen her on any episode - or is that a Drag U thing?
- Varla Jean Merman is pretty cute, R240.
And yes, Sharon Needles wouldn't have fallen into that clique shit like Alaska. She seems like she's always been an outsider and is probably suspicious of cliques. My take on the relationship is that Sharon was (is?) very insecure and Alaska being a lesser talent, recognized Sharon as the talent she was, built her up and hung onto those coat tails for dear life.
- [quote]what's the correlation between a low budget and Lady Bunny's role as the Dean of Drag?
Yeah, sorry, I know I wasn't clear. It costs the producers less to have RuPaul host (as a man) and Lady Bunny come in her cheap gear as the "elder drag mentor" than to get Ru all dragged up and play all those roles on the show.
- I love Alyssa's look in and out of drag. Helps create a memorable character. I think she will be one of the finalists.
who was the non Travis Wall choreographer? He's been on the show before, right?
- Has DeTox stuck that hook nose up Roxxy's flabby folds yet? They'd make the ugliest sex tape imaginable. And yes, I know DeTox has a sex tape but not as a trannie.
- R235 What are you talking about? I watched every episode of Travis' show called "All the Right Moves" last year. He has a boyfriend who was shown in several episodes.
R246 Nick Lazzarini was the other choreographer. He won "So You Think You Can Dance?" years back. He and Travis have a dance company called Shaping Sound.
I can't believe anyone would be annoyed by Lady Bunny. Lady Bunny, for me, is the highlight of Drag U. He is so funny.
Vivienne and Honey spilled the T on Roxxxy in this week's Elimination Lunch. Link below.
- thx R248 now I remember him
There is no way Jade is not in the bottom two next week and prob going home. She actually has quite a sexy look in drag, but she needs to bring the personality more.
- I'm hoping Jade goes next week. Then Lineysha who looks nice but is boring as fuck.
- I'm thinking Lyneisha is next to go. She is very beautiful but either she doesn't have much charisma or it doesn't translate because she doesn't speak English that well.
Plus, next week is the Snatch Game. The PRicans with language skills always do the worst at that.
I want Jade to go next though. She's pretty boring compared to everyone else.
- Jade's look is fine until she opens her mouth. She creeps me out when she's out of drag. She has such a gummy smile.
Lyneisha (sp?)doesn't seem like she wants to be there at all.
Can't wait for Snatch Game. I hope there are some good ones. Any suggestions as to who the queens should choose to impersonate?
- Did we determine the cause of death of Sahara Davenport?
- On Michelle's latest 'Elimination Lunch' with Honey and Vivienne, Michelle burst out laughing when one of the audience comments was that Jade out of drag looks like the Chucky Doll.
On Snatch Game, all I know is Jinxx does Edie from Gray Gardens. I love Snatch Game too.
- CoCo is Rhythm Nation era Janet.
Someone is Taylor Swift...maybe it's Jade.
I remember those from the flash of scenes from next week.
- Love Jinkx, but I am now obsessed with Alyssa. OMG those faces.
Lineysha I can't read. She's either: a) lost in translation, b) an idiot, or c) playing dumb. Don't tell me that any gay man (I don't care if you live on the fucking moon), and much less a drag queen, has never heard of Diana Ross.
But I respect that Ru always invites Puerto Rican queens.
- R256 I agree! His mouth is mesmerizing.
- Don't you love that Michelle wanted people to play violins for her because she gained 30-50 pounds since she started Drag Race yet laughs at the appearance of the contestants?
Every season only two queens out of nine do really well in Snatch Game. You would think now that it's a staple of every season that the queens auditioning would practice an impersonation. I don't expect this year to be different. I think Jade is the weakest one left followed by Jinx then Alaska.
Official T Time show review below.
- Janet Jackson? Oh dear. Big difference between an illusion and an impression. I smell bottom 2.
- Sorry if this has been answered before, but can anyone shed light on why Ru pronounces Ivy Winters the way she does?
- I kind of wonder why he gets his kicks with some names like that too, r260.
- LaToya Jackson would pronounce some actor with the last name Winters in the same way Ru is. It's an impression.
- I think Ru thinks Ivy's name sounds like some octagenarian at the home.
- Nothing about Sahara?
- I'm starting to really, really like Alyssa.
I was expecting a Ravin part II-type of bitch, but in reality she is very sweet, her bitchy remarks have not been done in a mean way.
Plus, of the two (Coco and her), she is the one who wants to put the issue behind.
- I assumed Ru pronounces Ivy's name like that because of the "Winter" part. Like a "Brrrrrr, it's coooollllld"
- Can someone give me some pointers as to the best episodes or best fights that were on the show?
I only started watching this year and love it, and then last night a friend just gave me a collection of ALL the episodes ever (not Untucked though, bummer) so I wondered where to start and what to go looking for!
The best fights really were in Untucked, but I'll try with a few memorable moments:
Best winning moment - Tyra Sanchez (she couldn't breathe and Raven looked at the judges and said "seriously she's not breathing")
Worst winning moment - Sharon Needles. Pre-taped aand fake. really hope they never do something like that again. Taping all three wins to avoid leaks is stupid for a show watched by 12 people.
Best evil bitch - Phi Phi. She's not someone you love to hate (see Raven, Shangela for that). You just hate her.
Best Snatch Game - Season 2 with Pandora Boxx et al
Worst Snatch Game - Season 4 with Kenya and Phi Phi who ruined the whole thing (and a very boring Latrisse Royale as Aretha Franklin)
Best/worst meltdown - Yara Sofia giving up in her lipsynch
Most daring read of RuPaul - Shanel when she no longer wanted to be there
Best character costume - Jinxx Marie Antoinette (and she didn't win)
Fishiest over all - Tyra Sanchez, Tatiana, Carmen Carrera (also three of the bitchiest queens)
Most amazing make-up - Nina Flowers, and she always remained gender bender neutral
Best lip synch - Manila Luzon's MacArthur's Park. She was really upset and rEALLY did it for her life.
Best read-in-one-breath: Coco Montrese (Untucked) to Serena ChaCha. Watch out, Julia Sugarbaker!
Hope this helps. I'm sure there are many other categories which others can help with.
Look up the seasons in Wiki
- R67 Best fight not in Untucked is between Tatianna(/everyone) and Tyra the Wedding Challenge in Season 2 (episode 5 I think?). Amazing.
- Worst/most desperate lip synch - Mimi Imfurst's infamous grab-n-lift
Quickest way of turning off audiences - The Heathers
Least prepared - Tie between Season 2 Shangela and Serena ChaCha
Most entitled for no reason: The Ivy the Cunt (from Project Runway) memorial award goes to three ladies:
Delta Work, who hung on to the Heathers for dear life, much like a high school loser kisses ass into a mean girl's group, with no talent or looks to back it up.
Roxxxy, who's working our gay last nerves thinking she's worthy of crtiquing all and determining who's cool and who's not, going as far as creating yet another group of undeserving mean girls.
Serena ChaCha - a lot of talk about Art School and education nd a lot of looking down on the other queens - and nothing, not even a complete outfit, to show for it.
- Worst teeth - Jiggly Caliente and that black queen who was all gums (who did a horrible Diana Ross in Snatch Game)
- Thank you R268! I just put on "Here Comes The Bride" the Season 2 wedding episode......
Which guys are the best looking out of drag?
- [quote]Which guys are the best looking out of drag?
Carmen Carrera - whom we'll never see as a guy again - Morgan McMichaels, and Lineysha Sparx
- Dont forget Raven out of drag and also very handsome in a butch way (sans tattoos) is Nina Flowers. I also think Shannel's blue eyes are beautiful.
- Jessica Wild was a very hot man.
- [quote]Dont forget Raven out of drag
he does have a nice body (if a bit skinny like all fishy drag queens), but my problem with him is the dramatic cosmetic surgery meant for enhancing female personas, which does no favors to his male look. And, after all, he intends to live life as a male.
Those exaggerated Michelle Pfeiffer lip handles and the excessive collagen/botox are a turn-off.
Towards the end, he was always looking like someone who ate a big greasy pork chop and still had chunks around his lips.
Chad and Detox, the Silicone Sisters
- Raven has those ridiculous lips, which take away any "male" hotness.
Raja has a very handsome face. And despite loathing him, Phi Phi is very cute as a guy.
- Worst teeth - Latreese - hands down - those front bottom row?? Hunty they could grind stone.
Worse Snatch game - agreed on Kenya amd Phi Phi but it was Jiggly with her Snooki that ruined it "snooki want smush smush snooki want smush smush.."
Most Hated - Phi Phi - just an awful person.
Most Loved - Willam! out of everyone to come out of that show Willam really comes of the most likeable and funny as shit.
Most I can't believe she is that bitter - Chad Michaels. gracious looser turned bitter loser on all stars.
- Penny Tration would have killed Adele on Snatch Game. Pity the heffa didn't stick around.
Who's the biggest drug addict on the show?
- Phoenix was by far the hottest as a guy.
- [quote] Phoenix was by far the hottest as a guy.
- Worst Winner: Raja - smug, entitled, cunty, mannish look (even in full makeup), perpetual case of bitch face, drab personality, boring
- R282 No way! Raja's my favorite winner by far. Worst is probably Bebe Zahara Benet. She was just anonymous for most of the season and then somehow won when the standouts were clearly Nina Flowers/Ongina/Shannel.
- Sorry. Raja has zero personality outside of being a cunt. Who the hell would pay to go see him in a club?
- It sucks when the Lipsync for Your Life song happens to be geared towards a certain type. Like Penny Tration being expected to sell a Miley Cyrus tune when her competitor was a teeny pocket queen and it suited her better. The songs ought to be more neutral to be fair.
- I wish they would stick to 80s club songs for the lipsynchs ... loved the Klymaxx song they played last season.
There's a meeting in the ladies' room!
- Ivy Winters is also hot out of drag.
- I have to agree with R282 - Raja was the worst winner. Manilla Luzon was clearly superior in that season. Raja did have very cool looking runway, but that was it.
- No one goes to a club to watch some queen do a runway walk. They want to be entertained, which is something Raja could never do.
- Best str8 guy makeover - Season 3's hotties, particularly Alexis'guy, who really got turned on by the whole thing, and the guy who won, who proudly kept celebrating his queen "that's my girl!" when they won
- I liked Raja, but Manila should have won.
- Raja's been doing drag for almost as long as Manila and a few other queens have been alive.
- As Ru once said, Raja is too cerebral. You can always hear the clickclickclick in his performances. He is a great stylist but has little charisma.
My favorite this season is Jinx Monsoon. She should win the season for her Little Edie impersonation alone.
- Mariah from the Raja/Manila season looked like one of the members if DeBarge out of drag.
- Coco has really become tiresome with her vendetta against Alyssa. I'm becoming more and more of an Alyssa fan just because of it. And Coco's teaming up with Jade was disappointing.
- I wonder if Santino gave Jinxx the kiss of death tonight by comparing her to Pandora Boxx. If I remember correctly, the judges always liked Pandora for the character, but never were impressed with her style.
If they all see Jinxx the same way, is she doomed to not make the final?
By the way, did Jinxx find that runway dress in the pile of outfits Honey Mahogany left behind?
Water off a duck's back...
Water off a duck's back...
"Jinxx" should be "Jinkx" in r298.
- What ever happened to both of the Julie Browns? You never hear anything about them anymore.
- [quote]You never hear anything about them anymore.
And you didn't hear much from them in this show either.
Paychecks cashed, gig done.
- Michelle should back off of the same old critique about being glamorous (she said the same thing about Sharon Needles). The best contestants are the ones with personality and not just the queens who look pretty in a dress.
- I dozed off during last night's episode. RuPaul's Drag Race has jumped the shark.
- Did Carmen Career-girl get it cut off yet?
- Coco really should back off critiquing anyone's runway. Legend in her own mind, that one.
But good god, Detox is really really horrifying in and out of drag. My eyes!
- Are you shitting me? Not one of those basic bitches knew who Edie Beale was?
- Her Little Edie was perfection. I was shocked that no one knew her.
- Those bitches are so dumb they did not know about Marilyn Monroe affair with the Kennedys.
- Yes, Jinkx's Little Edie was as brilliant as everybody else's characters were horrid. Lineysha's Celia Cruz and Ivy's Marilyn were breathtakingly bad.
Read of the night was Julie Brown saying Detox's runway looked like two giant shower caps.
- I'm so over Jade. She's a waste of space.
- Send Detox, Alyssa and Coco home. They are painful to look at...in or out of drag.
- Had to put in my two cents on the worst winner - Tyra Sanchez. Beautiful and fishy, yes, but what a dud of a personality. There's no "there" there, no wit or anything. Bebe Zahara came across as exotic and sweet-natured; but Tyra is just a nicely shaped turd, IMHO.
- Tyra winning over Raven, Jujube, and Pandora almost made me stop watching the show. Hate her.
- I just love that those dumb bitches are proud they don't know who Little Edie is instead of ashamed.
I remember a Chris Rock routine that went something like "Nothing makes a ni--er happier than not knowing the answer to your question."
I am beginning to think faggots are the same way.
- Detox's lip synch was terrible. I was expecting something good after she claimed she was well known for her lip synch.
- Michelle can't be pregnant, can she? Wouldn't her eggs be fossilized by now? Girlfriend is fat, fat, fat. It's time for her to head down the path of Ru's last 'best squirrel-friend that he couldn't live without' Merle Ginsburg.
Never heard Ru mention his 'bestie' again. I wish he'd get a sassy black squirrel friend and get this party going.
Oh and it's time for Roxxy and her fat spanx weeble body to head on out. She ain't got no gown. She ain't got no game.
- If Detox is famous for that unhinged jaw lip synching - it can't be because people think it's good.
Jinkx won the Snatch Game - but she had NO competition - those girls were awful. Well, Roxxy was okay, but didn't get much screen time.
And I can't believe they didn't know Little Edie either! Do they not read? Are they not interested in anything except what's right in front of them.
Oh, and Alyssa is fat and buck toothed, but I do love her reactions.
- [quote]Are you shitting me? Not one of those basic bitches knew who Edie Beale was?
[quote]Those bitches are so dumb they did not know about Marilyn Monroe affair with the Kennedys.
THANK YOU! I can understand the Puerto Rican girls not knowing certain things about American pop culture, but the rest?! Please. It's just a bunch of simple-minded "Boys In Dresses" this season.
- And Ru gave "Marilyn" the greatest straight line of the night -
"Are you in politics?"
To which the logical "Marilyn" answer would have been -
"No...it's vice versa."
- All gay men know grey gardens...I like Detox but that Kesha was bad. Jade as Taylor Swift>? uhhh now that was bad, They were all bad. excpet for Alaska when she said out of her anus I laughed out loud.
- [quote]Jinkx won the Snatch Game - but she had NO competition - those girls were awful. Well, Roxxy was okay, but didn't get much screen time.
I thought Alaska was a distant second, followed by Roxxy. Alaska's too skinny and she didn't sound anything like Lady Bunny, but at least her jokes were in character and passably funny. Roxxy wasn't good, but she wasn't awful like the rest.
Did anybody else catch the borderline-racist shade Detox was throwing at Lineysha in her talking head, calling her LaQuisha, etc.?
- They totally edited that, "Who is Lil Edie?" part of the program to make it look like no one at all knew who she was. The editing on this show is so shoddy!
But really, Tamar Braxton?
- Oh that one answer by Alaska WAS funny....I forgot about it.
But the poor thing is so homely - in and out of drag. Someone like that has to depend on her personality...and - well - you know where that leaves her.
I'm not sure Michelle said it about her - but Detox does indeed look like Alice the Goon from the old Popeye Cartoons.
- Detox reminds me of...
- Personally, I really like Alaska, but I'm not very interested in fashion, so I care more about who is funny than who is fishy.
- WORST Snatch Game EVER ....The two Julie Browns were like 'WTF..." and so often as someone up thread said, it was literally "crickets".
I am so happy that Detox was in the bottom two. Bitch, I guess that shit smells worse than you think it does. Busting up Rolaskatox will be fun, fun, FUN (Vivienne and Honey indicated on their Michelle Visage 'Elimination Lunch that those three douches intentionally lined themselves up first in front of the work room entrance so they could walk through first saying "Rolaskatox". UGH.
And what the fuck was up with Detox's fucking achy breaky lip shaky lip sync performance ? That was fucking weird and Chad Michaels would NOT approve.
I love Jinxx ... her Little Edie was perfection and I'm totally thinking it was editing that some of those retards didn't know who she was (you really didn't see Alaska or Alyssa or Detox saying that...).
Cute little Ivvvvvvvyyyyyyy Wiinnnnteeerrs lucked out because her Marilyn was DOA (she should've REALLY done a funny, DEAD Marilyn) and some of the lesser performances saved her.
And Detox 'peeing' on the stage as Kes$a ...huh ?
- I was disappointed in the Snatch Game. Usually two are very good (and five do terrible). This time none were. I think Alaska did the best on Snatch Game. He wrote jokes on the card. Everyone else was doing their jokes outside of the card. He captured Lady Bunny's sense of humor and looked like a younger version. This challenge along with the pageant girl mini-challenge have shown that he can make up funny jokes in the right situations. Jinkx did a good job of impersonating Little Edie. It was quarky but not funny. I'm getting tired of Jinkx's woe is me attitude. If you position yourself as a funny drag queen then be funny. Santino got it right with his comparison with Pandora Boxx. Both of them position themselves as camp queens yet can't come up with jokes and are down much of the time. I disagree with the judges on Detox's Kesha. He captured Kesha's persona very well. I laughed so hard when he pissed. He was unafraid of doing the most offensive impersonation. Coco got Janet's look right. The jokes weren't there though. Roxxxy was bland. I saw nothing of Tamar in his impersonation. Jade and Alyssa were forgettable. Ivy was terrible. Marilyn had a breathy voice. He easily could have done that to give the impersonation life. But the one that stuck out like a sore thumb was Lineysha. He was a total mess. I thought he would take the crown. I'm disappointed he wanted to go home. He gave up and basically said to Ru with that performance to send me home. The filming of the show is about three weeks. It shouldn't be difficult to stay for that brief amount of time. There are no excuses for not developing a good impersonation. They know Snatch Game will be a challenge.
- Untucked was 30 minutes of bashing Alyssa. I didn't like it. Coco, from day one, has bashed Alyssa and has tried to get everyone else on the show to not like him as well. He is obsessed with Alyssa. Two episodes ago when Coco and Alyssa were on different teams Alyssa shined. He finally got to talk and was quite funny and charming. Coco needs to go. If Coco wants to focus on tearing down Alyssa instead of showing the viewers what a great entertainer he is then I don't want to see him.
- Coco is beyond tired.
Bitch needs to go home.
I like Alyssa, Alaska, and Detox.
- Detox really missed an opportunity last night. With that nose of hers, she would have made a great Paris Hilton. Though I doubt that would have been any funnier than her Kesha.
- Jade is a nasty little twat -- much more so, IMHO, than Serena ChaCha.
- I think Jade summed herself up pretty well. She can play nice, but if you work her nerves or read her, she's going to (try to) give as good as she gets.
It's funny though because for the most part, SHE seems to work everyone else's nerves and also can be counted on to diss just about anyone.
- I'm starting to think that Coco is the JanBot. She does not know how to let something go.
Jade is not all that and I hope she goes next.
Jinxx is my favorite but I loved Pandora too. I appreciate the work those queens put into capturing the look and attitude of another era.
If I had done Marilyn, I would have been spilling pills and almost OD'ing. Also, how do you not know she fucked the Kennedys?
I can't believe that as old as these queens are that they don't know their gay/camp history.
- r328, Alyssa is a cunt bitch of the highest order and deserves all the shade she can get. The way Coco describes the way Alyssa argues was EXACTLY right. You sound ridiculous defending that Simpsons overbite trick.
- Detox's performance at the snatch game was abysmal for someone so experienced in drag, as was frankly most of the others. The total lack of talent (or education) was evident throughout. Ditto for Alyssa. Jinxx, Alaska and Roxxy are clearly going to be the last ones standing. I kinda wonder how long this show can continue with such meager talent and obvious set-ups such as the Alyssa/Coco feud
- The minute Drag Race turns to all camp queens -as a straight viewer I'll jump the sharkk - I know the internet is full of haters of everyone ever made public in the world, but geez such nastiness can only come from nasty people. You guys hate her but I love Alyssa's attitude - it's a competition - not a "best friend race".
- I have said this before, but I worked with Coco at Disney. We didn't hang or anything, but we have some common friends on Facebook and there are some pretty recent pictures of him and Alyssa getting pedicures.
- I had a dream that Coco got eliminated but he wouldn’t leave.
COCO: “I’m staying, I’m not going anywhere”
RUPAUL: “You don’t have to go anywhere. But you won’t be filmed and you’ll have to pay for your hotel.”
Woke up thinking that would be good drama.
- [quote]The filming of the show is about three weeks.
According to RuPaul in this article, it’s about five weeks. But, then again a) the article is from 2010 and b) that may include some pre/post-production non-filming time.
- What happens when a queen gets eliminated? Do they get to go home? How come we don't learn about who the last three are, then? gotta admit I never really thought about that.
- Jinxx is the only likable and truly talented queen in this group. The rest are too skanky. I think Ru is running out of worthy queens to put on the show. All the good ones have already competed.
- It happens to every reality show that involves any level of skill. Especially when they crank out seasons so quickly. Most of the people on the second season weren't good enough for the first, many of third season were probably second season rejects and so on. The talent pool never has a chance to replenish itself. And so without any real talent, they resort to cheap stunts like feuds, etc. This season is full of PhiPhis and that gets old fast.
- Some of you are looking back at past seasons with rose colored glasses or have increasingly higher standards. I finally was able to watch Rupual's Drag Race at the beginning of season 4. I didn't have Logo before last year. I have since watched seasons 2, 3 and All-Stars. I am watching season 1 right now. The level of talent every season is about the same. This season unlike 2, 3 and 4, no one has dominated the competition from the start. There have been five different main challenge winners in five episodes. I think like season one the tide will turn in mid-season and someone will start dominating the competition.
- When Ru walks around the workroom and gives advice to the queens, he doesn't seem to like most of them. The only ones he likes are Alaska and Jinxx because they both make him laugh.
- He can't even stand the sight of my face!
- Makeup in the dark was too tragic - at least Alaska went for humor. Coco was actually the worse.
I hate Rulaskatox - they sound like a diuretic. I hope they crash and burn.
- Damn - Detox has had all that plastic surgery and still looks like shit? Nothing to brag about, skankie-poo!
Bitch Coco should have left.
- Not a Coco fan, but I think Jade needed to go first. I'm loving the elimination order this year. I feel like the top eight are actually the best of the bunch for once.
- Has Alaska been able to squeeze out a single tear?
- She's tres Jolie but is she sea worthy??
- Soooo Detox paid thousand and thousands of dollars to look like something concocted on Face Off? I wouldn't brag about that.
Roxxy was channeling Lanie Kazan slutty realness. And she's an utter moron.
Those two "legends" need to go next.
- Like Roxxy but she's skating through at this point
Love that Detox has been a plastic surgery junkie but left her nose alone. WTF
They are totally milking the coco/alyssa drama as long as possible. Its played out - but i'm sure they'll be there til almost the end......
Now can I have the producer's man babies? Gurl, he cute......
- The Coco/Alyssa thing is really old and boring at this point.
- Great episode. Detox has won 4 out of 6 mini challenges. I thought Alyssa did a little better this week. My order would have been: Alyssa, Detox, Roxxxy, Jinkx, Ivy, Coco, Alaska, Jade. Somehow they all did really well putting on their makeup in the dark. Alaska smeared his for comedic effect. I really loved this mini challenge.
Every season one of the queens gets the opportunity to select the stuff for the other queens and they always try to undercut them yet they deny it when questioned. I think Coco and Alyssa would shine if they weren't paired together.
I think they did great collectively on the main challenge. Usually singing challenges are bombs. The video was great. They came up with some funny lines. Jade was the worst. I had a difficult time picking who was second worst. I would have picked between Coco, Alyssa and Alaska. Ivy was by far the best which means there have been 6 main challenge winners in 6 episodes. I have no idea who is going to win this year. It's totally wide open. Next week is a comedy challenge and that could mean Alaska wins.
- The single "Can I Get an Amen?" is below
- 1) Lucian Piane is super cute, and he's got a good personality for working with those queens who don't know dick about the recording studio. I wish he was on the judging panel too (just to see some more of him) and they could save LaToya for another challenge. The only thing I don't like about him is the crappy records he produces.
2) I knew Detox couldn't have gotten that chest from doing any pushups. But I've never even heard of people having some of the procedures that she's done. And I can't get over that she has silicon biceps.
- Why does Television Without Pity not recap RuPaul's Drag Race?
- This week's episode showed Coco as the reigning queen ... of passive aggressive behavior.
I hate PA behavior.
Get rid of her
- I agree R359. Coco is lashing out because she's over her head. I also think that Alyssa handled the entire situation this episode with class and restraint.
Btw, how cool to see the Pointer Sisters! "Automatic" would have been a funny lipsynch number with the bass vocal.
- This is the worst season yet.
- Lucian Piane and Travis Wall are super cute. They could be brothers.
- They are all so unsavory looking out of drag that I would be uncomfortable being in a room with any of them. The only one who still resembles a human being out of drag is Roxxxy.
- The video Alyssa received from her dad destroyed me. Moments like that are the reason this show towers over all other reality shows, going places and exploring pain that nobody else on TV will.
- Although Detox is talented there's something about her that's very hard to root for. She's just not that likeable.
And shoulder implants? WTF?! I didn't even know they existed outside of a gag on Will & Grace.
- That was a sweet video from her dad but the cynical little bitch in me couldn't help but think he probably wouldn't have done that if it wasn't for television purposes. I'm a cunt.
I'm tired of Coco. She just doesn't have the ability to let down barriers and go at a challenge whole hog. See her miserable ventriloquism challenge. That could've easily been the best character but she didn't even try. Seems like the bickering and drama making are the only thing she puts any effort toward. The Pointer Sisters looked amazing.
Jinx Monsoon is my favorite but I thought she billed herself as Seattle's only narcoleptic, Jewish drag queen but last night she said she was raised Catholic.
Detoxx's surgery litany creeped me out. What happens to that silicone as she ages? That Rolasktox thing needs to stop. I'm guessing Roxxy will be next.
- In a rare moment of complete agreement with Michelle Visage, I must congratulate her for showing those three (I won't add fuel to the clique's notoriety by repeating that stupid name) the business.
They are forming an alliance of mediocrity and it's gonna come bite them in the ass. Plus they are unbearable, undeserving, self-appointed, and self-congratulatory "quality" queens.
Or even worse, as LaToya said (another one I can't believe I'm agreeing with) ... is that all there is?
- FYI, part of Detox's litany of surgeries were (allegedly!) reconstructive surgery after a car accident.
I still love Jinkx the best, but Ivy Winters is a close second. That runway look was faaab!
- This is the first season where I don't care at all about who wins or who goes home. In past seasons there was at least one person to root for. But I still watch.
Perhaps Ivy Winters is interesting since he makes his costumes. But we don't get to see his personality on the show. Maybe he doesn't have one.
- [quote]That was a sweet video from her dad but the cynical little bitch in me couldn't help but think he probably wouldn't have done that if it wasn't for television purposes.
Or if he didn't think he was gonna get a cut of that $100,000.
- Jinx is the only one I care about. The rest are soulless.
- [quote](allegedly!) reconstructive surgery after a car accident.
Someone on another thread (or maybe on another forum: TWoP?) linked to post-accident photos. The trauma was real, and not safe for lunch.
- The runway theme was "show us your favorite body part on you" and Roxxxy walks on with yet another skimpy dress made of bands that highlighted - first and foremost - his polyurethane titties!... and then his fat legs, and at a distant third his curvy ass.
Coming up next - Coco's beautiful hospital blue eyes.
- I know me too [R371]. I hope he wins but I have a feeling it won't happen because he isn't "glamorous" enhough.
- r373, I cracked up at Coco's favorite body part being her heart. She must have misunderstood the challenge as "what do you miss most".
- I can't stand Jinx - his woe is me no one gives me props attitude it annoying. It didn't work for Jade Jolie..it don't work for Jinx. We get it you were not accepted, poor you, you do a different kind of drag...blah blah blah and you curl up and sleep because rolaskatox won't cheer you. Get over it. I mean her shading last night was insane. I would have put her bottom two for that alone.
I think Alaska is starting to feel third wheel in the trio. I think he is hysterical. The makeup challenge? That was down right funny with the lipstick on the teeth.
- I forgot about that tragic cheekbone shading! Who do you want to win? Alaska? She is horseface fug in and out of drag, but funny.. Hiiiee.
- R374, I think Jinks is being groomed to win and her not being glamorous is her "flaw." Didn't Sharon get the same critique last year?
If Jinks doesn't win then it'd be down to Detox or Roxxy. Detox is an edgy queen like Sharon and Raja, while Roxxy is glamorous and refined like Chad, and I think Ru likes different styles in her winners.
- I'm ready for Coco to go. Her lip synching is the only interesting thing she's done all season, and I'm tired of her attitude.
- Can someone post a link of Detox's face after the accident? I keep hearing about it, but haven't seen the pictures.
- Jinx looked like hell on the stage. That was glamour? Looked like a last minute thrift shop Halloween costume.
Agreed with Michelle's comments on Alaska - she's so boring on the runway. She tries to be this kooky character so hard (and usually comes across fake) and then comes out in these super cheap, tired-ass prom gowns week after week. If you're going to go for kooky do something unexpected like Ivy's picture dress, something with a little personality. Didn't Sharon give her runway tips?
- Here she is..
- Dum-dum @ R382, that's Pete Burns.
Here is a photo of Detox before she was Detox.
- WOW at that Detox pic...not the same person at all. I love Detox's look...I think she is very striking. The silicon aspect of it is a bit of a downer but hey...she is a werking girl and it is about the look, not how you got that way. She is beautiful and talented... (Not the Detox troll btw)
Thank God Jade is gone. She is someone that is every bit as fucked up as CoCo...her breakdown that no one talked about prior to the competition in the personal segment showed a lot about that girl. But I do not like harsh at all.
Roxxy gets a pass from Mich/Bitch every week. Sick of it.
Love Alaska and that read was uncalled for...she is a great gal with a heart of gold.
Jinks is going to be the winner...she has a GREAT voice. Ivy has good skills (sewing singing) but no edge to her. Yes she is beautiful in a way that Detox is not but ho fucking hum~!
Coco...tired of you hon...
Alyssa I like better each week but that overbite is omg...not winner material? Is that shallow? I cant help it.
- Jinxx and Detox are the only ones with enough talent to win this thing. Detox, however, is not likable at all. She's almost as bad as Phi Phi O'Hare.
- This season feels very predictable. The order of eliminations thus far has been absolutely no surprise.
Kudos to Jinx and Jade for skipping in after "Rolaskatox' and singing their own names. Made me laugh.
It was Jade's time to go. Her biggest draw was her bitchy confessionals, etc. Her look was always the same to me. With a different colored cheap wig.
Of the remaining girls:
I'm liking Jinxx and Ivy best and hope they both go far. Ivy is very fishy and talented with her costumes. Also always a beauty. Jinxx is quirky and likeable and seems bright.
It's time for the evil trio to be broken up and I hope Detox takes the first fall. Her litany of surgeries was sad. WHAT did you pay to look like THAT, girl ?? And her nastiness always just comes through. Very unlikeable this season.
Why does Roxxy do her make up so dark ? And, sorry ...but you ARE representing the 'big girls', Miss Thing.
Alaska .... sad to say, but this season she is definitely showing why she was't chosen for any of the first four seasons. There was all of this talk about Sharon's FABULOUS boyfriend who was PASSED OVER for four seasons ... Uh, no .... you're basic.
Coco --- cuckoo .... time to pack it in next week, girl (why do I feel a set up coming for an Alyssa/Coco lip sync for your life ??)
Alyssa -- makes me laugh, but I don't like her character or her drag. Not my thing.
- I agree that Coco's grudge holding is tired, for Detox to sit there and flat out deny that she was trying to undercut her by putting her with Alyssa is BS. Bitches in this competition refuse to take responsibility for anything. That said, it was up to Coco to rise above it and she just couldn't. If I were Ru, I wouldn't want someone who would flip out if someone looked at her cross eyed.
Rolaskatox is mediocre and they need to start sending those girls home starting with Roxxy. Holy crap, she looks like a walking Jell-o mold. What does Michelle see in her?
I felt sorry for Alaska (even though I don't like her). How is she supposed to show heart on the runway? Stand there with an armful of rescue puppies?
Untucked just tore me up this week. Go watch it if you haven't already. Alyssa's dad just sat there and said every single thing I wish my parents would have said to me but never did. I'm rooting for her a little bit more now.
- Agree R387. Posted earlier before I watched 'Untucked'. Now I kind of want Alyssa to bring it home to her dad.
- Why was everyone trashing Jinx's runway look? I couldn't take my eyes off that Veda Pierce realness she was serving.
- There is nothing remotely refined about Roxxy. Her wigs are shit. Her makeup is shit. And she dresses like a cartoon. Not to mention she's as dumb as a stump.
Priceless moment brought to you by Dumbass Roxxy
- Gawd, I forgot about the sequinsed dress.
- I guess Jade Jolie is now Jade Tritesse.
- I wonder who they'll bring back this year. Honestly, I think everyone who's been eliminated deserved to be, and I don't want to see anymore of them.
- Most boring season EVAH
- Do you think Michelle Visage realized that Jinx was doing her in the 80s video? She was a dead ringer for Visage. zRulaskatox is so mediocre. And if Jinx is going to get called out for contouring how does Roxxy get away with making her nose look like a burn victim every week? And her runway wig this week was a disaster. She better hope there's not a challenge that involves reading cue cards.
Detox reminds me of Raven. And the body augmentation explains a lot. Her arms looked really weird last week and I couldn't figure out why. The biceps don't move and her triceps were non-existent, pure flab. Very weird.
- I LOVE THIS SEASON 5 - SWIM FISHES SWIM!!!
- Detox's ass cleavage on the runway was so trashy.
Jinx and Ivy will be the final two.
Coco will be cut next, then Alaska.
Rolaskatox will implode when Alaska tries to break away from the clique. Fighting ensues.
Alyssa and Coco reconcile.
Stay tuned, huntys!
- DLers, out of this season's queens, who do you think is/has/was/will be:
1. Prettiest, in drag?
2. Best looking, out of drag?
3. Best sense of style/fashion?
4. Most talented?
5. Top three finalists?
Here are my picks:
1. Prettiest, in drag - Jade Jolie
2. Best looking, out of drag - Ivy Winters
3. Best sense of style/fashion - can't decide
4. Most talented - Jinkx Monsoon
4. Final three - Jinkx Monsoon, Roxy Andrews, Detox
5. Winner- Jinkx Monsoon
Other predictions: Coco will be gone next. She's already been in the bottom two twice, and along with Alaska, she's the only remaining contestant who so far has not won one of the main challenges. I wouldn't be surprised if next week we see a "lip synch for your life" with Coco pitted against her nemesis, Alyssa.
As noted above, Alaska hasn't won any of the main challenges. Her Lady Bunny was terrific, but she's mostly been underwhelming in the other competitions. She will soon be sent packing.
So, too, will Ivy Winters. She's lovely but just not terribly entertaining or witty (as we saw with her disastrous impersonation of Marilyn).
Alyssa has confidence and style, but (other than dancing) not much in the way of performance chops.
That leaves us with Roxy, Detox, and Jinkx. Roxy has sass and style, but no class. Detox is talented -- has won a number of the mini challenges, in addition to one of the major ones -- but is erratic. She's had some major lapses (see: her Ke$ha debacle). Jinkx is by far the most talented. The only thing that could sink her is the fact that she's somewhat lacking in the runway/stylin' departments. But on the basis of her brilliant Little Edie alone, she deserves to win, and I'm rooting for her.
- 1. Prettiest in Drag: Lineysha Sparx
2. Hottest out of Drag: Ivy Winters/Lineysha Sparx
3. Best Style: Detox/Lineysha Sparx
4. Most Talented: Jinkx Monsoon
5. Finalists: Jinkx, Detox and Roxxxy
6. Winner: Detox (though I'd prefer Jinkx)
As you can tell, I'm missing Lineysha. Yes, she couldn't speak English and sucked at Snatch Game, but she never looked less than sickening and did have talent (her Tyra Sanchez impersonation was spot on, plus she makes all her own clothes). I suppose she might be bought back later on in the series.
- I'm getting tired of them giving Roxy a pass. They get on the other girls for doing the same look for every runway and Roxy gets praised for the same body suit with cutouts and the same damn wig for every runway.
- She does remind of somebody like Lainie Kazan as someone mentioned. I agree they should read her tacky Barbarella runway outfits.
- I just had a cocktzail.
- That's wrong English, R404.
- [quote]I guess Jade Jolie is now Jade Tritesse.
"Tritesse" means sadness. Afraid to ask, but... are you trying to do a play on opposites?
You do know that the French word "jolie" means pretty, don't you?
It doesn't mean jolly, ma/mon cherie...
- r405 >> clueless
Roxxy's polyurethratane sequinses
- Roxxy looks like she could be Shannel's younger, uglier, sluttier, dumber and less talented sister.
- I'm also over roxxxy, particularly because most of the judges are constantly kissing her XL ass.
- Jinkx for the win!!!
I'm so over both Detox (mean-spirited, plus if you are going to look like a surgery monster then be like Chad Michaels and be classy and above it all) and Roxxxy, who has not an ounce of talent.
- Just watched Untucked. Coco is a horrible actress. She can't fake sincerity for shit.
Roxxy is just loud.
- Jinkx is my favorite, and it's true that Coco can be annoying, but you have to admit she burns it down during the lip syncs. Also, Coco's commentaries are funny, and he's cute out of drag. I'd rather see Roxxy, Detox and Ivy Winters go before either Coco or Alyssa. Their drama is fun.
- Michelle V. has a boner for Roxxxy the same way she orgasmed over Phi-Phi. Can someone please enlighten me as to what is so "polished" about their tired drag that she loves them so much?
Meanwhile, she hates on Jinkx the same way she hated Tammie Brown and the same way Santino disliked Pandora. They should just change the name to Rupaul's Project Drag-Runway, because aside from Sharon Needles, all they seem to care about is look, look, look.
I don't know about anyone else, but when I go to a drag show, I'd rather be entertained by camp and wit rather than some Beyonce/Lady Gaga look-alike.
- 1. Prettiest in Drag: Lineysha Sparx 2. Hottest out of Drag: Ivy Winters/Lineysha Sparx 3. Best Style: Lineysha Sparx 4. Most Talented: None. There are several that are talented in different ways like Ivy and Lineysha in making clothes, Alaska in making jokes, Alyssa in conversation, etc. 5. Finalists: Jinkx, Detox and Roxxxy 6. Winner: Detox
I fear Jinkx will win. He has gotten such a positive edit and so much camera time. He was already one of the fan favorites before the season even began but it's grown since. I have a feeling Jinkx and Roxxxy will be the final two. Jinkx isn't the best camp queen they've had. Alexis Mateo, who is a pageant queen, is way better at creating original camp (and not copying from movies like Jinkx) humor both visually and verbally. Remember his pregnant Alicia Keys? Jinkx's makeup is bad too.
- [quote]I don't know about anyone else, but when I go to a drag show, I'd rather be entertained by camp and wit rather than some Beyonce/Lady Gaga look-alike.
Same here, and that's what they should be focusing on: who's the best entertainer. If I'm going to a drag show, I want to be entertained. I don't care about who's the fishiest or who's the most fashionable. If those were the things I wanted, I would go watch actual female models.
- Out of all of the contestants over the past 5 seasons who would you pay to see perform?
For me, it's:
- Tammie Brown
- Jinkx Monsoon
- Sharon Needles
Pretty/fishy doesn't matter as much as funny and entertaining.
- I'd add Manila to that list. She's stylish and pretty, but also quite clever.
- [quote]"Tritesse" means sadness.
No it doesn't. I don't think "tritesse" is a word, not in French anyway.
- Alaska should have been Miss Jane Hathaway for Snatch Game
- R419, that would have been beautiful.
- I'd pay to see:
I'm with the others on here that like their drag queens funny and clever, and not necessarily pretty or fishy. I'd like them to have an ounce (or more) of intelligence.
- Jolie means pretty. It doesn't mean happy. The opposite of jolie is laide.
- Roxxy is kinda hot on the runway. Like Pam Grier at her best. But beyond that, she's insufferable.
- Manila is my favorite queen, but I'd also go see Pandora, Sharon, and Tammie. So far Jinkx is the only one I'd watch in real life from this season.
- Does Roxxy speak decent Spanish? I saw a few clips but I have no idea if it's any good or not.
- Yes, Roxxy (whose surname is Feliciano) appears to be a heritage speaker of some variety of Caribbean Spanish, to judge from the brief conversation we heard her have with Lineysha.
- Are they doing a live finale like they did last season?
- R413 and R415, I totally agree. I love Jinx and she's definitely my favorite and the strongest this season but I don't think she'll win. Even though Michelle is screaming the loudest about Jinx's lack of glamour, I think she's just being Ru's attack dog and Ru agrees. I also wonder if she's got the fortitude to make it to the end with that vicious bunch of bitches. If she does I'll be impressed.
There is no one this season as versatile as Sharon Needles. She could go all out Marilyn Manson but was just as convincing in last year's political debate challenge. The judges pigeonholed her as creepy but she was more than that which gave her the win. It was the first time talent trumped 'glamour' on the show. I don't think that will happen again this season. If Jinx was a little prettier, she'd have a better chance but they'll go with beauty. Though none of the remaining contestants is really all that pretty.
- Perhaps Michelle is so pro Roxxxy because they look alike? At least to me they do. Roxxxy is the drag version of Michelle.
- I want to know what they do for their post show appearances. Surely Ru and her team come up with an act for them. I just can't imagine Tyra Sanchez or that douche from the other Tyra's modeling show being entertaining at all.
- What exactly is Roxxxy's talent?
- I'd pay to see Nina Flowers. She was fierce.
- That's a good question, R430. Has anyone ever seen one of the shows? I imagine that it's probably lip synching from the best ones, some runway from the pretty ones and a couple of skits. If they have queens who can really sing and/or dance, they might get a chance to feature that.
- I live in Florida and here we get contestants from the RuPaul Show all the time. And when they advertise in the bar rags, the queens make sure to point out that they came all the way from the RuPaul Show.
- [quote]Are they doing a live finale like they did last season?
Last year's finale was taped in front of a studio audience, but it wasn't live. In fact, it was taped three times, with each of the three finalists "winning", so the true winner wouldn't leak.
- "tristesse", (not tritesse - that was obviously just a typo), means melancholy/sadness in French ...and it's certainly not the opposite of "jolie", which means pretty (they're not even the same type of word, one's a noun and the other one's an adjective).
- I agree with the ones people would pay to see, plus I'll add Jujubee (whom I love and find so funny) and Latrice.
- What are their acts like?
- I just want to see Alaska's big cock.
Am I wrong for that?
- Can't stand Roxxy's overdone eye makeup, seriously. Can't even see her eyes most of time. GURRRRL
- Why the hell does Roxxy insist upon exposing her disgusting, bloated body?? I know you lost weight, but that doesn't make you hot. COVER IT UP
- SHOCK! America's reigning drag superstar, Sharon Needles, sucked Alaska Thunderfuck's dick on stage in Australia. Link below,
- Are they singing live, r442? Their oriental harmonies are pretty spot on!
The music is more impressive than the fellatio
- Looks tiny. And god, why do all these queens think they can sing?
- wow how classy of them
- Boy-Alaska is apparently/supposedly hung like a horse, and obviously the top in that relationship. Normally, I would find that image disturbing, but Boy-Alaska is not bad-looking.
- R442 Those two are major drug addicts.
Tonight's guests are Bruce Vilanch, Deven Green and Nayda Ginsberg.
- Why does Roxxy have to paint herself to look like a turd every week? Hasn't she ever heard of a spray tan?
- She's a turd before the paint job. I hate that bitch - I hope she goes home tonight.
- Yes, Alaska, Sharon and unfortunately the one who did the terrible Marilyn all have that rangy, used, look that drug addicts get.
- Oh and Coco too.
- R447, what's their drug of choice? I hope it's not tweak.
- Roxxxy is that fat girl in High School who lost a few pounds over the summer and now thinks she is such hot shit that she she can get away with wearing revealing, sexy clothes.
- why is it every time Roxxxy does her make up she has a bird nose??
I love Alyssa's bucked tooth tard face...it is so dreamy.
The best line was "that is her real nose? Oh dear....." for that muppet faced Jinx.
- Damn - how much weight has Michelle visage gained? You saw her full view for the first time when she consulted with the queens in the workroom. she's damn near Chris Christie. I guess those Joisey Goils fill out.
- that fat bitch roxxxy pulls out the 'my momma left me at the bus stop' after the lip synch for your life. Then she and Alyssa both stay. That heffa shudda gone back to the home stable.
- Fukashima ain't got nothin on Miss Roxxxy's meltodwn! Bitch, this ain't "Queen for a Day.!
- Alaska's cock look pretty big soft in the video.
I wonder how big it is hard?
- I was so behind Sharon and loved her, but this is so unbecoming. That's not drag, that's shock for shock's value. This makes so sad to see that trash going on.
- Roxxxy is such a manipilative cow, to use the old "my mother abandoned me at a Greyhound station!" excuse whe he thought he was going to be eliminated.
Deven Green is soooooooo beautiful.
- I can't believe they used that awful song for the LSFYL. Roxxy should have been booted. She fucking sucked despite the waterworks.
It seemed to finally dawn on Hag-tox that Jinkx is real competition.
- Detox is so unfortunate looking.
- Stellar episode. I loved it. I was so surprised how many queens were able to form good jokes. Usually these stand up comedy challenges make me cringe. This one by far was the best of any season.
The other queens overperformed in the reading mini challenge that I thought Alaska got drowned out. I expected Alaska to stand out because this is his area of expertise. But I was glad how he used his win not to undercut anyone instead let them make their own beds. The order of the main challenge was excellent. The roast was great. Alaska, Coco, Detox and Jinkx nailed it. I think the judges were way too hard on Alaska. Ivy was ok. Alyssa and Roxxxy were terrible. Why did the mic act up when Alyssa was on? I would have chosen Roxxxy to stay based on the lip sync although I didn't see him actually lip syncing. Alyssa looked frantic. I think nerves get to him on the main stage. He talks so clear backstage then on the main stage is a mess. I guess now that both were saved that this year no queen will be brought back like the past two seasons.
- [quote]Why did the mic act up when Alyssa was on?
I think it was because she was clutching it for dear life.
- Roxy should've gone home tonight. Her entire lipsync consisted of whipping her hair around. But at least it covered up the thunder thighs. I think the new trend is when any queen thinks they might go home, they pull out a sob story on the runway. And I will admit that I am more and more of an Alyssa fan every week. I wish she and Coco would team up and bring down that dreadful trio Rotaskalox or whatever they call themselves. Alaska is just plain boring and Detox is just very unfortunate looking.
- Hate Roxxxy. Bitch needs to go. That "story" was so staged.
Alyssa is such a moron, but damn, she's growing on me.
- She told it twice. First time in the lounge while they waited for the decision and then again on stage. Calculated!
- I'm in total agreement with Roxxy's speech. I just rolled my eyes when the waterworks started. Granted, his threesome broke up with Alaska leaving the fold, followed by his awful critique from the writers and ending with his crappy performance at the roast. He knew he was going home, and the bitchy queen he had on display all season was no more, just panic.
- No doubt being in a contest like that brings out a lot of shit in a person. I don't think Roxxxy was lying when she said she was feeling worthless. And I don't think she was lying when she said that it brought up memories of being a child and abandoned. The judges like seeing vulnerability in the contestants, that always gets you points if you can get humbled enough to break down in front of everybody. Pay off may be big but that doesn't mean it is easy to do.
- [quote]Deven Green is soooooooo beautiful.
She could use a dozen or so of Michelle's extra pounds. Borderline anorexic (she's too sharp for it to be heroin).
Add me to the list of skeptics who rolled their eyes at Roxxy's all-too-desperate yet convenient waterworks. I only started tearing up during RuPaul's sisterhood speech, which in my mind had nothing to do with train stations.
Coco was stellar, but STILL unable to let go of the tired shit stirring rivalries. I hope she goes next week (or Roxxxy - or Detox).
Alaska is growing on me - she even looked cuter as a boy this week - and leaving that stupid clique was a good first step to recovery.
Finally, between the members of that panel of judges, there were over 100 logged-in years of substance abuse and I loved it! Ironic how they were all treated to cocktails by Absolut for the roast.
Michelle Visage's old lady fat elbows
- Michelle Visage is a founding member of the Fag Hag Hall of Fame. Fat becomes her.
- Jinx is the camp queen, Lyneesha was the glamour queen and Roxxy is the Stunt Queen! Alyssa looked looked like an over the hill Saloon Girl from a bus and truck OKLAHOMA and was dreadfully unfunny but I'd rather she stayed than Roxxy. At least she didn't pull any melodrama bullshit. If there was ever a time for a double elimination it should have been last night.
I am more convinced than ever that Coco is a ringer. When she does poorly it always seems intentional and then magically she pulls out the stops in the lip sync. And last night she was again energetic though I don't think she should have won.
- [quote]The best line was "that is her real nose? Oh dear....." for that muppet faced Jinx.
But... but! Her makeup last night completely concealed the size of her nose. I usually think she's quite unfortunate looking, but last night she looked aMAZing.
- Is "stunt" a contraction of "stupid cunt"?
- I hate that face Jinkx makes when reacting to something she finds funny or exciting. It's too "on."
- Roxxxy should have gone home this episode. That lypsynch was dreadful.
Alyssa is really growing on me. I find her very funny off stage ("Yes GAWD!" lol) and there's a sweet charm to her.
Alaska is finally starting to come into her own, but I think it's too little too late.
Jinkx disappointed me this episode. I didn't find her routine very humorous and her drag look was homogenous "glamor".
Coco gets a pass for her Jinkx impression in "Untucked". Damn, that had me laughing.
- [quote]Alyssa is really growing on me. I find her very funny off stage ("Yes GAWD!" lol) and there's a sweet charm to her.
Alyssa seems very much the sort of person I'd be friends with in real life. For that reason alone I tend to pull for her.
- [quote]Is "stunt" a contraction of "stupid cunt"?
While that's appropriate in this situation, it refers to a queen who is always pulling "stunts"--the type who borrows money with no intention of paying it back or who turns on the waterworks to get out of trouble. Just a shady bitch.
I'm endlessly fascinated by Alyssa's little chicken head out of drag. I can't keep my eyes off her. I think she looks like a Liza/Ellen Foley mash-up as a girl, and so much prettier than her real self.
- I don't think so R474 but it could be. I use it to mean one who's not above low down tricks to get attention or what she wants, like using childhood misery to help avoid sashaying away. Correct me if I'm wrong somebody.
I loved Jinx's look last night. Very Arlene Dahl.
- How many of the posters on this thread are straight women? Straight women who need to get their cred on?
- Jeffrey Moran is hot!
- Straight woman here. It's one of my favorite shows. Sometimes I cry along with the girls in the lounge or on stage. That being said, while Jinkx is talented, her playing the victim all the time is getting OLD. I'm kinda over Detox, Ivy's days are numbered, j'adore Alaska, and I can't help but like Coco and Roxxxy. I'm back and forth on Alyssa.
- Coco served up some Laquifa realness.
- I think Roxxxy's meltdown was genuine but only triggered by the fact that she thought she was going home..and she should have for that lame roast performance. I did get a little misty when Ru started crying
- Ivy Winters is a total bore, which is an unforgivable sin for a drag queen. She needs to go.
It's strange to watch all these emotional moments on Untucked, which brings all the girls together. Then when they come back from commercial, it's like none of it ever happened. They immediately go back to their old, catty, bitchy ways. You could get whiplash from it all.
- [quote]Damn - how much weight has Michelle visage gained?
The weight just moved to Michelle from Santino. He looks like a cadaver.
- I think the producers are staging these emotional moments every week in an effort to attract straight women viewers. Untucked was more fun in previous years.
- I think you are completely spot on, r484.
Roxxxy's were not tears of childhood regression breakthrough but "tears for fear" about what was going on at the moment.
Then when asked about the bawling, a light bulb went on in her head and she dug into her bag of childhood sob stories. We can all come up with at least one of those and, properly sold, they can land with an impact.
Before you know it - Voila, Shantay You Stay
Shout, Shout, Let It All Out
- How dare you! Drag queens have feelings too!
- [quote]Then when they come back from commercial, it's like none of it ever happened.
You really think it happens in the televised sequence? The reaction shots alone are spliced, diced, and sprinkled throughout according to where they fit the dramatic progression.
You didn't think all those comedic reactions from the contestants actually happen at the moment something is said, let alone that things go from hot to cold in an instant? The latter is more believable in completely scripted reality shows, which this one may only partially be - what with what i believe are certain hired and planted ringers meant to instigate, like Willem, Shangela, and Coco.
"Reality" shows make stars out of ... editors.
- I think Roxxy's meltdown was genuine...on the first take.
- Oh no, shady r491, you didnt just ask for this clip, did you?
- I think Ru was going to keep them both anyway. Remember, in a previous episode he sent both home (deservingly so) after the lip synch. Don't they need to film a certain # of episodes per season?
Plus they both deserved to stay. It was a really good synch-off.
Coco was ok but I didn't think she deserved the win.
- That Absolut vodka guy is always so surly.
- [quote]Plus they both deserved to stay. It was a really good synch-off.
Roxxxy had good movement and energy, but you couldn't really see her lip sync for all the wig-whipping.
Somebody at TWOP brought up a really good point about Alyssa, whom I'm liking more and more: As she'll tell you herself, she's not a comedy queen, but when she's just fartin' around in the dressing room she can be a scream (e.g., her mirror faces). Plus she's so derpy-looking as a guy.
- [quote]The weight just moved to Michelle from Santino. He looks like a cadaver.
He looks so much better, though, with the shaved head.
- Alyssa isn't the prettiest, most talented or funniest by a long shot, but she does seem sincere. And her gasp at seeing her father's image touched my flinty heart.
- Is there a screen cap of her father's image anywhere?
- The funniest moment last night was when Alyssa was rehearsing her routine with the comedians. The way she cracked herself up after ripping Santino a new one was hilarious.
- What did they have TOTALLY UNFUNNY Michelle working with the queens on their material instead of Bruce, Deven and Nadya?
What a waste of airtime.
- In the workroom, the cameramen were working overtime to hide Visage's body. In the workroom was the first time i think I've ever seen her without a dais in front of her.
- [quote]What did they have TOTALLY UNFUNNY Michelle working with the queens on their material instead of Bruce, Deven and Nadya?
Because "nobody knows Ru better than I do." *rolling my eyes*
The thing with this show: they line up fabulous guest judges like Deven Green and Lily Tomlin and have them basically do nothing.
- Let me get this straight: they make themselves freaks by wearing women's clothes- then cry about it?
There's no "victims" here. Take off the hair and make-up and you'll be just another bitchy fag.
- Is anyone else sick and tired of the pompous, hideous and unfunny Michelle Visage as a permanent guest judge? She almost ruins the show for me. And get rid of boring, unfunny Santino Rice, too. He adds absolutely nothing to the show.
- I agree. Santino and Michelle are really boring.
And Michelle has an edge to her that only comes out in testiness, not wit.
- Merle Ginsberg shouldn't have left. I guess she thought that greener pastures awaited her once she left Drag Race.
- Merle was a contestant on "Launch My Line", that **terrible** Bravo fashion design show. She was the runner-up.
- I think Jennifer North got lost on the way to Free Republic.
- A drag superstar should ultimately be likeable in addition to being talented.
Alyssa has likeability in spades and she looks great in drag. The only other likeable queens are Alaska and Jinkx.
- Unlike Santino, Michelle does go back with Ru, all the way to their KTU radio days and VH1 show. Also, she is/was a performer unlike Santino. Can you tell which judge I want dumped?
- Jeffrey Moran simply must be my next big thing.
- My beef with Michelle is that once she has it in for you, you're done with her. You can see the disgust in her face when a queen she doesn't like hits the runway.
And Roxxxy with her "They shouldn't make challenges that I'm not good at" BS is ridiculous. Ru wants a well rounded queen who can host and improvise off the top of her head, as well as bringing it in the looks department. I went searching for my eyes right after they rolled out of my head with her stunt tonight. Bitch, please.
I wish we could have seen more of Coco's performance. She was really funny.
- If you look at the queens who get asked to be on Drag U or All-Stars, it's the ones with personality and humor. That's why I don't understand Ru, Michelle and Santino always praising the glamour queens and criticizing the funny ones. I don't think most viewers care that much about what they're wearing, or how well their makeup is blended. They care about who's the funniest or who has the best personality.
- Great episode. Some of the queens soared (Coco, Alaska, Jinxx), some were just so-so (Detox, Ivy) and some plan BLEW (Alyssa and Roxxxy).
Alaska coming through the workroom door singing "Alaska" and apparently not letting Roxxxy and Detox know that their clique was DONE. Every queen for himself. Sadly, not so little Alaska is still in Sharon's shadow and her look is stale. (That blond wig she wore is styled exactly like the black one...)
The editing of Roxxxy reading Jinxx as being phony about her insecurities only to have Roxxxy have her fake meltdown on the runway. She was truly awful in the challenge (and apparently knew it with that second wig planted on her head --- THAT was for the lip sync for her life she knew she'd be doing later).
Also, I'm on Team Roxxxy's Mom --- I would've left that annoying, fat mean little three year old's butt at the train station too.
Michelle in the workroom made me uncomfortable. She didn't have a single encouraging word for any of those bitches.
Coco came up with the bright idea to do a CHARACTER and then stay in that character. Much easier to tell the jokes that way, when you're already acting a part. Good for her. Some of those lame-o's were still reading off their cards at the roast.
Was a little surprised that Alaska and Detox both pretty much called it on the judges having a higher expectation of them. And thrilled that Detox once again underwhelmed.
I'm liking Alyssa too .... funny reactions, funny self awareness (or lack of it, really) and quick to throw shade around the whole room.
Jinxx is still my favorite and I hope she keeps making it further .....I knew Michelle's final BRAVA was coming, but I didn't think this was the look that necessarily warranted it.
Coco again proves to be a mean 'girl' ... a couple weeks ago she turned on Jinxx, who criticized her professionalim. At that time Coco called Jinxx 'human garbage' and this week Coco joins in with Roxxxy to bully Jinxx. Lame.
I mention Ivy last because, well I almost forgot about her totally. While I think Ivy is definitely the cutest as a boy, otherwise unforgettable and I'm thinking probably the next to go (Coco is going nowhere until she lip syncs for her life against Alyssa, I'm sure)
All in all, with the reading, the break up of Rolaskatox, more Detox bashing and the downfall of Roxxxy ....it was a great one. Wish that fatso had gotten the boot.
- Manila and Sharon are two of the best there ever was
- There was one particular scene of Detox in the workroom where she was shirtless. I couldn't help but be amazed as I looked at her body and realized that every thing that looks like muscle was all fake. Fake pecs, fake shoulders, fake biceps. So weird.
- I LOVE Alyssa...her personality is so real and her sense of humor is very endearing.
I feel terrible for Detox. He is all about the look and I think he really needs to step it up in the challenges. Coco and Alaska were the best in the Ru Roast.
Alaska needs to win a challenge! OMG I am so worried about her.
Ivy is next to go you are right.
Also on Team ROXXY's MOM. It says a lot about the emotional scars he must have to work the tears that much. But he in the end is so unlikeable.
- Doesn't this minstrel show with its embarrassing stereotypes bother anyone but me?
- The only fags I'm embarrassed by are GOProud/Log Cabin Douchepublicans like R518.
- An earlier poster said that Alaska reminded them of Carrie Nye and last night she really did look like her.
- RE: Michelle; I didn't mind her so much in seasons 3 & 4. But for All-Stars and Season 5, she's become a little too volatile and biased (w/out the career cred to back up her bitchiness). At this point, I think Latoya Jackson would make a better permanent judge.
- [quote]And get rid of boring, unfunny Santino Rice, too. He adds absolutely nothing to the show.
I agree. He'd probably be of better use in a cooking show, to determine whether or not cream cheese is a dessert.
[quote]I don't think most viewers care that much about what they're wearing, or how well their makeup is blended.
I do think viewers care about costumes and make up a lot more than they care about how cream cheese is blended into desserts and dips.
Sorry - left the troll-dar on accidentally and couldn't help myself.
- I really don't get the love - or even warm like - for Alyssa. I just think she's far too dumb to win. And a winning personality? I must be watching the wrong show...she is quick to throw shade, but homegirl can't take it.
I did LOVE how delighted she was with herself in the roast challenge. The "oh my gaw I can't believe how WICKED I am!" hand-over-the-mouth guffaw has become a new favorite in my household.
I think Jinkx is genuinely insecure - she may be playing the game at a higher level, like Roxxxy suggests, but I'm not convinced of that yet. Roxxxy's "mama left me at the bus stop" came across and far more calculated.
- Roxxxy's line about Coco/Alyssa "I'm just praying that ONE of you goes home" sums up my feelings on that too. So fucking tired.
Maybe Roxxxy's confession was calculated but Ru pulled it out of her. And it was obviously on her mind. It made me cry.
I still want Jinkx to win.
- I really wish they would invite Lady Bunny to judge or at least some old school drag Like Lypsinka or Charles Busch
- Ru has a policy of not having other drag queens on as guest judges. I've heard it's because the drag world is too small, and they're too likely to know the contestants, or something... though that doesn't make sense, since the guest judges have no real input into Ru's (and the producers') decisions, and since Ru already knows many of the contestants in real life.
- So far, the only queen I'm pulling for is Jinxx. If it were just a beauty contest, Ivy would have this one in the bag, but I think she's a bit too nice. My fear is that this will end with Alyssa and Coco being the final two.
I truly hope that RuPaul is better than that.
- [quote]I really wish they would invite Lady Bunny to judge or at least some old school drag Like Lypsinka or Charles Busch
I'm getting the distinct impression from the queens Ru picks to be contestants: Ru doesn't like competition from people with real talent.
- Jinkx will not win.
- [quote]Maybe Roxxxy's confession was calculated but Ru pulled it out of her. And it was obviously on her mind. It made me cry.
I saw it differently. I saw a drag queen in despair falling apart because she knew she was in trouble, who then took the oppoortunity that despair brought her (the massive bawling) to turn it into a childhood memory sob psycho-drama.
What makes me think that? Notice that the first time she was asked "What's wrong?" by Ru (who knows a ratings opportunity when she sees one), Roxxxy paused, tried to gain her composure and said "nothing, never mind." That's because at that moment the only explanation she would have been able to provide would have been "I'm being rejected and throwing a tantrum because of it."
It wasn't until RuPaul insisted and she knew she had to come up with something that she had enough time to reach into her bag of tricks and connect her current feelings of rejection with a childhood trauma.
Most of us, especially social minorities, have something we can produce from our childhood that can make people feel sorry for us for a at least a brief moment.
Case in point - like millions of others, I was molested as a 10-year old and, like millions of others, thought it was my doing because I was aroused by my molester. And like many millions, I never protested about it.
One day I decided to share my story almost as a joke, and the outpour of sympathy and free passes I got made me realize "gee, if I were a real manipulator, I could use this to my advantage" (I didn't because, ironically that's the one thing that I can't produce tears with - I'll cry on cue thinking about positive acts of human kindness but the negative stuff leaves me dry).
Maybe I'm projecting, but there was nothing there to convince me that Roxxxy was anything but a desperate queen on the verge of losing, being able to produce tears and then coming up with a great free pass. What kind of evil cruel human being would eliminate her after that?
The same thing made Ru wait another week before getting rid of Beverly H. Only if the tears happen mid-performance (as was the case with Yara Sofia on Season 3) is Ru forced to send them home, because in that case the queen is allowing her emotions to interfere with her work and unprofessionalism is not rewarded in ANY branch of life (except maybe shock comedy).
- That's what a lot of people saw, R530. Roxxy isn't smart but she's not dumb. She saw the writing on the wall and pulled out the reality TV trump card. On CHOPPED, it's recently departed relatives, on DRAG RACE, it's bad childhoods. Her tears were just as calculated as RuPaul's but Ru is a much better actress. I really hope she leaves next week.
And R529 is right. Jinx won't win no matter how good she is because she's not pretty enough and Ru will always go with pretty over talent.
- R531, then why did Sharon win last season?
Like Jinks, she performed really well in challenges and always got called out for not being glamorous enough.
I thought Detox would win but she's been completely underwhelming, while Jinkx came out of nowhere and is gaining many fans ala Sharon.
I think it'll go like this:
- Oh, and before anyone says anything, I know Manila, Jujubee, and Raven also broke down in tears mid-performance, but as opposed to Yara, they used that emotion to add to their performances, finishing them triumphantly. Yara just melted down and then froze (if that imagery is possible!:)
Whether she realized it or not, Manila was actually employing Method techniques, and ended up with what is considered by many one of the top two LSFYL performances ever.
- After seeing her performance for Mother Ru it was interesting that Roxxxy seemed so blasé when sharing the bus station story backstage on Untucked. She also provided far too many details (the bench was green) for me to think she doesn't whip this out whenever it can help her catch a break.
- Exactly r534! The experience that she had VERY CALMLY discussed with her fellow queens in the Illussions Lounge (which BTW I agree it seems she discusses freely at all times and was not any major meltdown breakthrough) was fresh in her mind when she finished LSFYL, knew she was in trouble, and was asked what was wrong, This prompted her to grab the freshly and CALMLY delivered anecdote and use it to her dramatic advantage. But I don't buy that it was what produced the tears, as we would have then seen a preview of some sort of emotion during Untucked.
- She cried backstage too. I sort of saw it as "Oh, Jinkx, your mom was an alcoholic? Well, my mom is gone." I wonder what the deal is with Roxxxy's mom? I can't imagine abandoning 2 kids.
- I'd have left that fat bitch at a bus stop too.
- [quote] I can't imagine abandoning 2 kids.
To harm both of your children is truly heartless.
- I agree r523 I can't stand Alyssa. Not sure why everyone is loving her.
- Alyssa is entertaining - the facial expressions alone...
- Alyssa is hilarious and she doesn't realize it -- that's what's so great about her. She's the definition of camp: so bad, she's good, and with no knowing wink. Plus, she looks pretty good.
- What's Detox's reputation besides appearing in porn? All season everyone has talked about having high expectations for her and I see nothing to support those lofty goals. Besides having a double jointed jaw, what is her claim to fame?
- I don't know r542, because for all that silicone and implants, bitch has one very pronounced Adam's apple
- R541 is definitely onto something about Alyssa. She's not that pretty or talented and she's not even good at throwing shade. But she does make me laugh. I think it's because no matter how bad or wrong she is, she gives it her all. She's a Texas pageant girl at heart and it's kind of endearing.
- Detox did the Chik Fil A video with WIllam and Vicki Vox last year that got millions of hits on Youtube, and recently, another video, This Boy is a Bottom. She also does a lot of performing in LA, has been in music videos, etc. She's not a small town bar queen dancing for a dollar.
- r542, Detox was the most well known because she appears with Willam in a bunch of music video parodies. Fans associated her with Willam and expected her to deliver just as well as Willam did. If you look up some of her performance on youtube she also does an amazing job lip synching. So people expected her to do really well, and she's been rather bland on the show.
- [quote]she also does an amazing job lip synching
The lip warble? I've seen enough queens do it to not find it the least bit "amazing".
- They're downplaying Detox to make it seem like an even field, so her win is more of a triumph. But she has it in the bag.
- [quote]She's not a small town bar queen dancing for a dollar.
Then, why does she perform like one?
- [quote]Then, why does she perform like one?
- R547, I never said anything about the lip thing. I've seen her do amazing lipsynchs without relying on the lip thing.
R548. I disagree. They aren't downplaying her, she's just not delivering. She's mediocre on this show which is why everyone is disappointed with her.
- All I know is Alaska and Detoxx both sound like they are on Xanax at best and heroin at worst. Alaska Thunderfuck is a type of weed and Detoxx is we, detox.
- r544 you bitches are easily amused and sucked in.
- Alaska is a textbook example of vocal fry. Every sentence ends in a long, painful croak.
- I had noticed that from day one r554!
And HIS is purely affectation, since he has a deep bass voice (which he sometimes uses for comedic effect like he did at the beginning of the reading challenge he won)and does not need to force his elocution into a croak, like helium-voiced girls who are trying to sound serious or sexy are forced to do.
- Alyssa will be a longtime star on Drag U regardless of a Drag Race win. She'll laugh all the way to the bank to Coco's chagrin. As numerous posters have mentioned, likeability and humor trump all else.
- R552: Alaska Thunderfuck and Sharon Needles are heroin junkies.
And re Detox, I've never seen him live, but you can do A LOT editing a video.
- I-VVVVVVVVVVV WIN-Terrrrrs, will win
- Is this Detox?
- Ivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee Wintrrrrrrrrrrrs is cute as a boy (as those hideous creature go), but is a drag nonevent.
- Count me into the Alyssa camp, she tries to be the drag superstar, when in reality she is just a goofy character. But I don't see insincerity in her, and that's one of the reasons I like her more and more with every episode.
- I hope Alyssa is a regular professor on Drag U. Many of the professors live on the West Coast. I guess the show doesn't have a big travel budget. That's why I worry we won't see much of Sharon Needles. He was on once last season. It's pretty much assured Jinkx will be on because he's a fan favorite. Detox likely will show up because he lives in Southern California.
I liked Alyssa when I saw his interview at the Drag Race premiere. He is fun. His personality stood out.
- Watched the clip at 562. Still don't see it with Alyssa.
- Alyssa doesn't know the difference between being a mean asshole and being funny. I'll give that her costumes are probably the best out of the bunch.
Did you watch how she eats? Because her overbite is so big she has to stick food through the side of her mouth. Kind of like when you feed a horse a carrot.
- Poor Alyssa, Lookin like a horse
- Manilla is one fierce bitch and she should have won over Raja
- Love Alyssa and those ginormous glasses she likes to wear. I know everyone is playing for the camera but she seems to be genuine in her actions.
- I think my top lip sync of all time is Dida Ritz vs. Princess. Dida just fucking nailed that performance.
- r566= Manila Luzon
- Dida is my fave LSFYL as well....those legs and those moves won me bitches.
Still love Alyssa and Detox's YouTubes are sickening. Many videos on there are evidence...she is the best Lip Syncher I have ever seen.
Team Roxxy's Mom!!!
Shangela Laquifa Wadley
- It would be great if the other queens walked into the work room wearing Team Roxxy's Mom tee shirts.
- Roxxxy should do this song at her next lip synch
- LOL r573! The name of the group is just as appropriate as the name of the song!
- I'm a bit confused as to what Detox and Roxxxxxxxxxxy's relationship status is supposed to be. Are they a couple? Are they best girlfriends? Are they a stunt couple?
- They're a dull pair who thinks they're all that and then some, with self-appointed authority to be the arbiters of what's cool and what's not. Unwarranted mean girls.
They are a bore.
Stay away like the state, Alaska.
- R573 I think it would be even funnier if one of the other queens did it, holding a little pink Samsonite suitcase with her fat ass hanging out of a little baby-doll dress with slit up the side.
- You just know that Vicky Vox is already being cast for Season 6. And I have to say that out of Willam, Detox and herself, I'm most looking forward to a BIG queen that finally delivers!
- [quote] I'm most looking forward to a BIG queen that finally delivers!
You'll be waiting...
- [quote]Penny Tration, Delta Work etc
Those girls didn't even come close to delivering. Even I, by far the best plus-sized girl that has competed in RPDG, was a bit rough around the edges when it came to some of my wardrobe.
And I sucked at Snatch Game.
Queen Latrisse, Large and In Charge
- I wonder what celebrity impersonation RuPaul would do if he were competing on Drag Race. Ru is always just Ru.
- [quote] I wonder what celebrity impersonation RuPaul would do if he were competing on Drag Race. Ru is always just Ru.
- I would do Dioone!
- There won't be a new episode on March 25th.
Someone needs to make a new thread because this one is almost full.
Official T Time TV review of episode seven. If you just want to here the review you'll have to skip to the 15 mintue mark.
- [quote]There won't be a new episode on March 25th.
Is that so the queens can observe the resurrection of our Lord?
- Oh God
Depantsing the andrew Xtian models for the mini-challenge was wonderful. I want the full footage.
Roxxxy does blackface again for the perfume challenge. I'm fully committed to team roxxxy's mom!
- Roxy's nose makeup is getting worse and worse. What is she trying to accomplish? A smaller nose illusion? I hope she goes and soon.
- looks like Ivy and Roxxxy for the lip synch for your life!
- Not understanding Ru's love for Roxy.
- Roxxy always looks like an oversexed Mexican mom.
- what a missed opportunity - Roxxxy (triple X intended) deserved to march her fat ass home after that flubber/blubber last week.
Ivy was too introverted to shine - it's odd that she's a performer.
Coco is just psycho in 'untucked'. that little midget is getting as unlikable as Roxxxy.
Good for Jinkx for defending herself from Coco's diatribe.
- LMAO, R590. Perfect description.
- Coco is just an old crab. The whole Alyssa thing has burned itself out so she's looking for another victim.
- I actually can't believe Jinx is still there.
Bitch be tired and unimpressive.
Ugly, too. Both ways.
I continue to hate Coco.
- If anyone's drag is tired, it's Coco's and Roxxy's. Both are underwhelming and both are unhinged, thinking that they are all that.
- Coco didn't exactly top the dumping at the bus stop story. Your parents died of cancer. Shocking. Because 98 year olds never die of of such a thing.
- Ru really takes the obligatory reality show sob story shtick to a whole new level.
- It's really annoying that Ivy went home so the producers could milk the Coco/Alyssa rivalry, which has already alienated half the audience.
With Phi Phi last season, and Coco this season, the pit viper nonsense has taken a lot of the fun out of one of my favorite shows.
We're almost maxed out on this thread...can someone start a new one?
- Part 2 thread
- final bump for Roxxxxxxxy dragging her sad, fat ass home next week.