- ooh I'll be coming back to this thread to see who you guys pick since I don't follow models or fashion that much lol. Please no ugly stickly models up in this bitch! I need MEN aka ones with muscle.
- Nikola Jovanovic.
- River is probably THE male supermodel right now. I will excuse him for fucking Paris Hilton, but everyone in LA has to pass through that tunnel at some point.
- Here is Arthur Kulkov with what seems to be a substantial erection:
- Sean O'Pry
- Jon Kortajarena is probably the most high profile make model right now, supposedly dating Spanish actor Alfonso Bassave .
- The Top 50 Male Models. By and large, they're twinks. Bo-oring, bland looking twinks who need a good meal. David Gandy must be spewing.
- Nikola Jovanovic is also gay and dating Chris Fawcett.
- On another thread someone was asking what's the distinction between models and supermodels, and no one answered him/her.
What is the distinction? Don't you have to have actual name recognition like Cindy Crawford, Tyra Banks, Linda Evangelista, Twiggy, Suzy Parker, Kate Moss, etc. to be a supermodel rather than just a model?
- In that case, R9, there are no male supermodels, other than David Gandy.
- Not name recognition — just prominent at the moment, appear a lot.
- My future husband Dave Peters.
When you wish upon a staaaaaar!!!!
- OP, what's all those dots on his chest and stomach? A mole party?
- SORRY Doug Porter!!!!
- "A mole party?"
Ah, the mole. Freckles ugly cousin.
Dr. Van Nostrand
- You've got the wrong list, R7. That's the general list.
The Money Guys and Icons are the "super" models, though even that seems silly.
Noah Mills (Sex and the City) and John Kortajena (A Simple Man) are probably recognizable enough to one or two Dataloungers....
- What about the black guy who is always ruining my J. Crew catalogs?? He is so fucking ugly and this is coming from a guy who appreciates a hot brother.
- Andrew Garfield
- David Gandy hands down.
- skinny twinks shouldn't be models. How is that in any way representative of a hot guy? and no clothes don't look better on twinks-they look best on men with muscular or athletic bodies.
- David Gandy says the best paid male models earn barely over $100k a year. It's probably the only profession on earth where men simply cannot compete with women in the pay stakes. Men, by and large, don't care about fashion and aren't going to buy something because of what some emaciated twink is wearing.
- No one but David Gandy at the moment.
To be honest there's really only been one male supermodel ever: Marcus Schenkenberg of course. And even he was only known by the fashionistas. Not a household name like Linda, Naomi and the rest of the female pack. It's not fair.
- [quote]It's probably the only profession on earth where men simply cannot compete with women in the pay stakes.
Porn actor is another.
- You could also make an argument Jeff Aquilon in the 80s was a true male supermodel. But I agree: he and Marcus Schenkenberg would be the only two.
- What happened to the DL love for Josh Wald?
Has he become old hat?
- For a 45 year old man, Marcus has really really let himself go....
- I am pretty sure the top 10 male models make over $100K a year. I don't buy that one.
- Top male models make *A LOT* more than 100k a year. Someone like Gandy is a millionaire. So is O'Pry. The working stiffs who never rise above the rest - yeah, sure they are just eking out a living.
But the top guys stick with it for a reason. They are rolling in it.
- I was just walking around the mall the other day and both Banana Republic and Johnston & Murphy had very large window displays of Josh Wald so he's hanging in there. And he just netted over a million bucks reselling his Brooklyn townhouse so things must be going pretty well for him.
- No one.
- r6, poor Jon Kortajarena looks like doesnt eat at all! He is definitely one of the most in demand male models.
Nathan Owens is my favorite American model right now, very handsome and at times beautiful guy. Several female stars have picked him out of thousands of models for their projects because his smile is just dreamy. Nathan's arms are wrapped around Halle Berry in her latest perfume ad.
- [bold]Miguel Iglesias.[/bold]
There's this one site w/ nude pics of him, BEAUTIFUL, intact uncut cock. Sorry, I don't have the nude pics, but his cock is [italic]spectacular.[/italic] I bet he's a dirty little boy in bed.
- Thanks for that pic R-9. SOOOOOOOOOOOO, glad David Gandy is among the ranks of male models with beautiful, thick uncut cock.
- Mark Vandeloo would count as a male supermodel from back in the day.
- Love him, r33. From what Ive seen he has a naughty personality anyway so Im sure he's a sexual freak.
- That's a WONDROUS cock on Gandy.
- These guys are all WAY TOO BUTCH.
If male modeling wanted to be bigger, they need to add some sugar to the mix.
- Mark Vanderloo is still handsome. More so than many of the younger male models.
- Male supermodels?!!!
HEE! What a cute but absurd idea.
- I want to see a photo of Mark Vanderloo in the loo.
- r38, do Pablo and his juicy lips have enough sugar for you?
- R20, Straight female and definitely agree. Also want to see personality/passion behind the eyes.
- I have my eye on quite a few of them who could also model in drag.
- [quote]You could also make an argument Jeff Aquilon in the 80s was a true male supermodel. But I agree: he and Marcus Schenkenberg would be the only two.
Although some posters will undoubtedly disagree, I include Tyson Beckford who *did* become a name within, and outside of, the industry.
- Really nice OP and r32. More nominations please...
- Sebastian Sauve
- bump for more pretty boys
- A couple of years ago it was reported that Gabriel Aubrey, who was one of the highest paid male models at the time, was making 600K annually from all of his contracts.
- How much do male models make, like the ones you see on tv that do commercial modeling? Or the ones that do clothes ads in magazines like GQ?
- Models only make serious money when they are contracted to become the face of a luxury brand. A lot of good looking dudes have walked the runways and done catalogue and print ads for J. Crew, Ralph Lauren, you name it. It's prestige work but it's never gonna make them really rich.
By contrast, Gisele Bundchen has deals with Pantene, Esprit, Versace, and others. Kate Moss, at an age where most models retire, has million dollar deals with Top Shop, Vogue Eyewear, :Longchamp, and Rimmel. Forbes estimates that Adrian Lima made 5 million in 2011 from deals with Donna Karan, Mavi Jeans, Victorias Secret, and others.
Now thats some serious freaking money.
- Please no more European or Brazilian models. Where are the all-American models?
- Wow, I find almost all of them hideous. Strange, because I get both GQ and Esquire at home and there are far better looking models in most of their print ads than any of these guys. About the only two of these that seem halfway attractive to me are Tom Barker and Matthew Terry.
- Maybe if they hired more attractive male models, they would be more successful.
- "And he just netted over a million bucks reselling his Brooklyn townhouse so things must be going pretty well for him."
no he didn't. the property hasn't sold yet (I live two doors down from him).
and the price tag is currently at 2.5 million, not a paltry mil.
- Is Jon Kortajarena family? Weren't there photos of him and a male friend walking together a few years back?
- Supposedly r56, but I can't imagine he is. Matt Gordon is also suppose to be gay.
- BTW according to gay model Chris Fawcett he lost work after he came out an said there are many photographers who refuse to work with gay models, also I read somewhere lost of designers won't hire gay models either.
[quote]I didn't mean to be openly gay in the industry; it just kind of happened. I have trouble with holding things back, or trying to hide things that I don't feel like I should have to. Regarding the industry, I think sometimes people are quick to label you, and it's sad that it's like that. In this day and age, as much ground that we've seen breaking when it comes to equal rights, I feel in some cases [discrimination exists]. I know there are plenty of photographers who won't shoot gay models, and I think it's sad because they're passing on models who are truly talented and have a great gift.
- Markus Shenkenberg looks great in the video but his tits are way over developed.
You are speaking sense, so DL'ers are likely to ignore you but thanks for posting this. It's the biggest myth that the fashion industry is not homophobic. Like Hollywood, everyone in it is GAY but they'll be DAMNED if any of their models are OUT and GAY!
r45 Ignore the racist idiots on this post. Of course Tyson was one but unfortunately he didn't do much editorial, esp in America.
You do KNOW that Forbes is like OK Magazine right? Right? Like, er, PR vehicle-MAJAH? Speculate to accumulate, the oldest trick in the book that even posters on DL who are supposed to be more savvy then most don't GET. DUH. Oh and TopShop dumped her weak old slutty ass. Kate Moss this is.
The bottom line as someone mention is campaigns but also catwalk. Both and you are SUPER.
this David Gandy guy is a one trick pony-I don't see him doing NY shows let alone Paris ones. I don't see him in editorials and I don't see him in several campaigns. I only know him from ONE campaign-granted, it's a big one but it's his only one. He reminds me of Heidi Klum,more famous for being a top model then actually being a top model!
Jon Kortajarena is def top, so is Francisco Lawchoski, Willy Cartier-Frank Oceans boy is (Givenchy, Benetton to name a few), Ben Evans-Tyra's toyboy is getting there...Andrej as well,although he mainly does women..
Jean Paul Gaultier catwalk shows are always a good place to look as he hires all the big ones...
- I'm pretty sure Joao Vellutini is gay.
- R56, that was Spanish actor Alfonso Bassave.
- model bump
- Jon Kortajarena when asked @2.20 if has a bf or gf,he responds by saying, that's not your business. I can't help but think a straight guy would have said I have a gf or single.
- Kortajarena looks like a sales bottom with nasty attitude.
- Thanks for that link r64. Jon K is definitely gay or at least bi! I think most models develop an attitude from being in the business.
- I think fro a guy who looks like him, he seems actually really nice. He doesn't come off as hugely stuck up or diva-ish, even when he said that's none of your business, it wasn't really snobby.
- I think he seems pretty nice too r67.
- Yeah I don't think a straight guy would be so coy about being straight.
If he is gay, he'd be one of the hottest gays on the planet.
- I think the guy who has the Armani Exchange campaign is gay...placing him among the hottest gays on the planet as well.
- Sebastian Sauve isn't gay, he has a girlfriend.
- He isn't the one I'm talking about, r71. I hardly want to out a nice person.
- David Gandy and his beautiful, intact cock deserves to be posted again.
- Top model bitches
- Wow R32, Nathan Owens is a work of art.
- r75 I think so too. He has a beautiful face (full lips, long eyelashes, sharp jawline) and his body is perfection. IMO he is what angels would look like LOL. And it helps that he is a sweetheart!
- Yeah, who has replaced me at the top?
- Do you mean Alex Cunha r70?
- is it just me or are most of the male models nowadays very similar in looks and features? There doesn't even seem to be room for a "rugged" type like Gandy?
Also, are most of the male models still coming from Brazil or the U.K.?
- r79 models are generally similar in looks and features at any point in time, according to what is in. The "rugged" look will be back in style again in a couple of years. The guys with bodies of fifteen year olds and 25 year old faces are in right now.
I dont think exotic looking guys (ie Brazilians) will be out of style anytime soon, as long as gay desingers and photographers exist.
- Mmmmmm, Nathan Owens....::drools::
- Cesar Casier is gay and stunningly beautiful.
- Mat Gordon is so hot, rumored to be gay.
- Oh my, the model Nathan is hotter than fuck.
I volunteer to lick his armpits and Im not really into that sort of thing
- more tea on Kortajarena and Nathan Owens please
- Nathan Owens is more a fitness/commercial model, he isn't really fashion like Kortajarena or Mat Gordon. And since only fashion models can be supermodels, isn't really a super male model.
- Cesar Casier is beautiful, r82.
- r70, did you mean Cesar Casier as the face of Armani Exchange?
- Who is Cesar's bf?
- I found a Polaroid and he's even hotten than in the editorial/commercial shoots posted above. Who's had him?
- Cesar has just released a cook book, the next barefoot maybe?
- Model boyfriends, Juan Manuel Arancibia & Nicolas Ripoll.
- Nikola Jovanovic is hot and openly gay.
- GIve us all of your dish r91-93.
- Nikola Jovanovic has been dating Chris Fawcett for a while now.
- r95 Nikola looks good enough to eat in that pic!
r85, here is a pic from Nathan's instagram. He goes in and out of gayface a lot in his pics. He does have a girlfriend.
- The gun show? Oh Jesus, total douchebag. And where are the "guns" exactly? And is today the day to post something called "gun show"?
If moles and manorexia make someone hot than he's very hot. Because he's covered in disgusting moles.
- The Caesar guy LOOKS 14. When did this place get over-run with eldergay pedos??
- Cesar Casier is 24, he is a year older than me.
- Yeah, its not just eldergays that post here...Im 24 and I would let Nathan Owens fuck me until I couldnt feel my legs anymore, if he wanted!
A lot of these guys look like they dont eat at all :(
- R101= 64.
- R34 yummy cock
- up for pretty boys
- What about Canada's Simon Nessman? He's awfully pretty, albeit a bit thin...and he's straight, BION.
- Simon Nessman is a David and probably the only one working right now.
Still, I think Cesar has a much better presence and could be just as versatile - high and broad fashion.
- Simon's face is perfection.
- I love Mat Gordon. He's not as in the frame these days but a few years ago he was very in demand for the catwalks and adverts. Who can forget the Paco Rabanne advert? Totally owned it.
For those that love gossip this appeared on Queerty from 2008. Make of it what you will:
[quote]A reader sent us this barely intelligible tidbit. “Last week in Paris, the two met at Ungaro show. They are Gucci-face Mat Gordon (pictured) – already very rumored, male Kate Moss – and soap-hater Jon Kortajarena. Allegedly a redheaded booker in Paris has phone-pictures to come put.” Kortajarena’s website describes him as a “versatile model”.
- Why is Jon a "soap-hater"? What IS a "soap-hater".
- Give Simon a burger.
- r110, he dated a Spanish soap star or something.
- A friend of mine (male) dated Mat Gordon several years ago in NYC.
He was raised Mormon and has (had?) issues with his gayness because of it. My friend said he wouldn't have anal sex.
- Kind of sad story, R113. Let's hope Mat has loosened up over the years and found a good and patient partner.
- [quote]Nathan Owens is more a fitness/commercial model, he isn't really fashion like Kortajarena or Mat Gordon. And since only fashion models can be supermodels, isn't really a super male model.
Then guess I'm out of fashion - give me more of Nathan.
Kortjarena and Gordon look like they are signed up with the Bergen-Belsen Modeling Agency.
- Last he was on the radar I think Mat was living in Paris and really enjoyed it over there.
He seems such a sweet man. Nobody ever seems to have a bad word to say about him. His family are huge though, he has like seven or eight siblings, maybe more and he used to help on their farm as a child.
I didn't know they were Mormons. That is rough if he's gay. Hope he's found someone nice.
- [quote]Model boyfriends, Juan Manuel Arancibia & Nicolas Ripoll.
Gross! They look like twin brothers.
- Tracked down some fairly recent pics of Mat. I think this is his latest work at bottom of page. He still looks good and is quite chameleon-like with a change of hairstyle, he can pull off a lot of looks.
- Ugh, he looks old and hippy/thunder-thighed in R118's link.
- r115, Nathan Owens thinks these bitches have no good taste:
- Hernan Drago is still around, isn't he?
- Drago is the closest thing today to Jon-Eric Hexum in olden times.
- 80s boy Andre Van Noord is still working today. He's not well known outside of fashion, but he's sort of a male supermodel. I think he's still better looking than the current crop of new faces.
- [quote]Ugh, he looks old and hippy/thunder-thighed in [R118]'s link. He's over!
Whilst I do think Mat's better modelling days are behind him and smoking hasn't been kind to his skin it's bit hysterical to call him 'thunder thighed' and 'old'. He certainly isn't. He barely looks like he eats and he looks way healthier than many models out there.
Oliver Cheshire seems to be in the news a lot lately, mainly for dating Pixie Lott but it seems to be raising his profile as well. Is Matthias still considered in the top 5 models?
- Matthias is still in demand. I think he photographs better than almost anyone.
- At R118, Mat doesn't look like a model, he's barely even attractive. Wouldn't turn a head on an NYC street. Even with lighting/retouching, he seems to have constant-hangover face and premature aging.
- Matthais candid, yum.
- Kaloyan Kolev. Gorgeous body, gorgeous eyes, gorgeous cock.
- Sean O'Pry and his dog Lily Labue.
- Don't most models double as exclusive escorts? Or at least make themselves available to those with money who can help them out?
- Is Sean O'Pry gay?
- WOW. Can you even imagine looking in the mirror everyday at a face like the ones posted here?
What must it be like, I wonder, to be so fucking beautiful..
- Who would you rather?
- No male super model is gay, they are not allowed to be, a hint of the homos and a model is blacklisted. It's weird, but fashion, is 20 times more anti-gay than Hollywood.
- Anyone else hear that Mark Vanderloo is a cross dresser?
- Sean O'Pry
- Can you imagine how insufferable these people are?
- Garrett Neff, by far.
- Where have the Brian Buzzini's of the world gone?
- The top Sexiest Men are more my type.
- Kaylan Morgan has a monster cock! WOW!!!
I bet that thing opened a lot of "opportunities" for him.
- Damn R141 you just made be obsessed with looking up pictures of Kaylan Morgan. So damn sexy. He seems to do more underwear modeling than fashion modeling but that is fine by me. Does anyone know how much underwear companies pay their models for campaigns?
- The Dark Underbelly Life Of The Male Modeling World
- For an article entitled dark underbelly there wasn't much meat to it.
When he asked a group of models none of them had anything bad to report. The worst they have ever experienced is maybe someone's hand lingering a a little too long when changing their clothes? The big scandal he refers to is someone that made the models change into a speedo in front of him?
Most of the models themselves seem to think it wasn't a big deal and that if they weren't turning on the photographers they were doing something wrong.
Honestly my big takeaway from that article is that is seems there is LESS using male models for sex in the industry than I thought there was. That surprises me.
- Zachary Porter seems to be the one everyone is talking about these days.
- Sean O'Pry, Ryan Taylor.
- There was an extremely handsome model whose name I can't remember, and my description probably won't help much. He had thick, wavy dirty-blond hair and masculine features, including a strong chin and nose, and was often tan, though not overly so. I believe he modeled for Ralph Lauren. He was popular in the late 80s and early 90s, I think. Not Joel West.
- Is David Gandy gay?
What do we know about him?
- Brazil models are so hot!
- Some are, R150.
- As hot as I find Sean O'Pry and Garrett Neff, they have the personalities of a blank sheet of paper floating in a shallow bowl of milk. For some reason, the guys in the 90's seemed to have a little more going on (my personal favorites were Alex Lundvquist and Joel West).