- I just posted about how nasty they all were being talking about "cracks" and "stuffing" and all these references to anal sex, it was a fun show today.
- Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't stand those two harridans.
- I like their potty-mouths.
- Vile gash
I agree with you. They are silly and obnoxious. KLG is judgmental
- Kathie Lee is quickly heading into Joan Rivers territory with all the plastic surgery.
- [quote]Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't stand those two harridans.
That's not a very nice thing to say about Hoda and Anderson!!!
- I've never watched Hoda and Kathy Lee before but I hear about them all of the time. Hoda looks black to me but I guess she's not or trying to pretend she's got no African-American ancestry. I like how Anderson's always up for reminding everyone he is indeed gay. After keeping quiet for so long, now he hardly stops talking about it.
- Yeah, that does happen when busting out!
- [quote]I like how Anderson's always up for reminding everyone he is indeed gay. After keeping quiet for so long, now he hardly stops talking about it.
I like that too. He's so much more fun now that he can be himself.
I loved it when Anderson told Kathie Lee: "I'm drunk and you're NASTY!!!!" Best line ever!
- Anderson is so painfully unfunny.
- And you're so painfully uptight, r11.
- R11 I think he's funny. And cute. And I think it's interesting how different he is during his daytime show and when he's on CNN. It's like he's two different people. I know he gets bashed a lot here but I really like him. Sorry.
- No, he's very funny actually. Real good with the zingers.
- cutie drunks, gets me hard
- [quote]And I think it's interesting how different he is during his daytime show and when he's on CNN. It's like he's two different people. I know he gets bashed a lot here but I really like him. Sorry.
I'm with you R13. I love the contrast of his very serious CNN persona and his sillier side on the daytime show, that's why I'm going to miss it. Now we'll only get serious AC. I love it when he opens up and talks about his life and experiences and stuff he does and doesn't like on the show. I don't find any of the other talk show hosts nearly as fun or interesting as Anderson and won't watch them. I'm sorry others didn't see it the same way.
- He's a nasty, ill-tempered person in real life. Oh, how I could tell you stories...
- r17 Please do share your stories of him being a nasty ill tempered person. I've always heard that he has quite a temper.
- He does, especially when drunk! Oh, Boy! Those girls surely got a huge tongue-lashing backstage!
- R17 I don't believe a word you say. And stop trying to burst my bubble. :(
- That was like lukewarm tea.
I can see why his show got cancelled.
- Hoda does have african in her. That is why she looks they way she does. Just not African-American.
- I like Hoda; she seems like she'd be fun to hang out with.
I detest KLG. She is a judgmental Rethuglican bitch who is not particularly bright and only marginally talented -- if that. I love how she always goes tsk-tsking when discussing stories about famous married guys who cheat -- as if her own husband hadn't done exactly the same thing to her. Bitch, please.
- Both Hoda and kathie seem to have had a lot of Africans in them.
- Isn't Hoda Egyptian or something like that?
- Kathie Lee republican? Really? She doesn't carry herself as the type.
- And Hoda's Tri Delt. Impressive.
- Yes, Hoda is Egyptian.
- Petition to save the show, for those who care.
- Yes she is Egyptian. There are black Egytians, white, brown, mixed, Etc....
Just like there are black, white, brown and mixed Americans.
And black, white, brown and mixed heritage hispanics. Comprende?
- R29 I care but why do they ask for your name and address? Is that going to show up for the world to see?
- You're supposed to love Hoda and hate Kathie Lee.
- r31, No it won't show up. There's a box you can check at the bottom of the form that will keep it from being shown.
- R33 I guess you can use an alias then? Sorry I'm famous and don't want my name showing up. LOL.
- If he got drunk every episode he might still have a show.
- I thought he and Ben had broken up. Rosie tweeted she saw them together at the Madonna show a few days ago. She referred to them as 'Anderson and his boyfriend Ben'.
- Yes R36 that's because they never broke up. Although if Anderson misses Thanksgiving now that the Middle East crisis is over, they might in fact actually break up. I doubt Ben's going to want to have dinner alone with Gloria. ;)
- Why do the Bendersons have to show up and ruin everything.
- I'm just watching AC360. Andy looks so tired, he can't keep his eyes open. It's 4:00 am there and he's been at it all day. He must be exhausted.
- I think I finally see his appeal. However, I'm now drinking, too.
- Funny clip.
I wonder where AC and Ben will go for Thanksgiving this year.
- [quote] Why do the bendersons show up and ruin everything?
Because that's what they do. They will create a thread like this so the webby won't notice right away and sneakingly insert Ben into the conversation.
Actually they will attempt to turn the whole thread into why Anderson will never ever love another man as much as he's loves Ben because he is the absolute apple of Anderson's eye and he would die without Ben and his big long French dick by his side because they are ALWAYS TOGETHER.
Like now that Anderson is reporting from a war zone.
- I have had a couple sex dreams about Anderson. In one he was naked in a cage and people were spraying him with a water hose (including spraying up his ass). In another dream, he was doing auto-fellatio on his show.
Anyone else have Andersex dreams?
- No worries. The benderfrau will be on vacation soon. We will have the whole thread to ourselves for at least a week. Just hang in there!
- R44 methinks the thread won't last that long. AC threads are dropping like flies on a vapona strip.
- They cancelled his show, right?
- [quote]The benderfrau will be on vacation soon.
How do you know this R44?
- Anderson 2.0 is footloose and fancy free but he still won't acknowledge a certain someone.
- I bet his tight little hole is getting stretched WIDE tonight.
- R42 sounds angry. No one has said anything about "Anderson will never ever love another man as much as he's loves Ben because he is the absolute apple of Anderson's eye and he would die without Ben and his big long French dick by his side because they are ALWAYS TOGETHER", yet here she is already foaming at the mouth because someone dared to bring up Ben. So what, we can't discuss him without pissing you off, R42? Stop trying to control what's being said here.
- r50 is a fucking liar and she knows it.
- Andy Coop needs to drink it up this week.
- So did Cesar piss off back to the DR?
- [quote][R50] is a fucking liar and she knows it.
Lie about what, r51? Sounds like you have some anger management issues.
- Trying to get this thread on track from the angry Benderson trolls...
[quote]And I think it's interesting how different he is during his daytime show and when he's on CNN. It's like he's two different people.
Okay, seriously? Do you really think *anyone* on a "serious" news show is like that 24/7? Don't be fucking ridiculous! Please don't tell me you also think politicians really BELIEVE in all of their policy positions rather than espousing what they think will appeal most to their "base." (And yes, I do mean BOTH Republicans and Democrats.) Shocking though this may seem, most "news guys" have great senses of humor. Brian Williams is a notorious prankster. Dan Rather is "colorful," particularly when drunk (though he's a happy drunk, fortunately). Peter Jennings was particularly known for his acerbic sarcastic wit. You don't get to the upper echelons of TV news unless you're smart, good on camera AND witty off of it.
- I just want to know how to pronounce Hoda's last name. Oh, please - won't someone tell me how to pronounce her last name? It irritates me so not knowing! Truly! It does!
- Anderson is a bit of a 'stuffing' man. As if we didn't know he was a bottom.
- R57 even if you take that comment as sexual innuendo, as everyone did, how does that imply he's a bottom? He could have just as well meant he likes doing the stuffing.
And R55 where did I say I thought "serious" news anchors don't have a sense of humour? I've actually said I think AC is funny. But you don't see any of those anchors you mentioned doing it day in, day out for the world to see. And I guess the viewing public isn't buying into it cuz his show is kaput. I just think it's cool how he turns it on and off.
- [quote]even if you take that comment as sexual innuendo, as everyone did, how does that imply he's a bottom?
I'm pretty sure it does imply just that, that he is in fact a bottom. If you're skeptical about what AC meant R58, ask any gay man. As if we didn't know that already, just like R57 said!
- Pathetic. Repulsive. Embarrassing.
- My source, who's never wrong about those things, tells me that Anderson and Ben are spending Thanksgiving in Portugal.
- Anderson acts like a nerd sometimes..."l've never seen Showgirls" or "Valley of the Dolls"!
Anderson Cooper bugs!
- r61 would this be your source?
@andersoncooper do you need a translator for your trip to Portugal? @andersonlive #AndersonLiveTweetSeats
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:54:10 AM
- No, that's not my source R63, but I guess it confirms what I was told about them going to Portugal.
- Interesting report, r61. I was wondering where AC and Ben would go for Thanksgiving this time. I guess we'll just have to see if there's a sighting in Portugal.
- He's STILL with that slut?
- For r66:
- R66 Anderson in NOT a slut! Stop trying to derail the thread.
- Here's another article for r66:
- [quote]My source, who's never wrong about those things, tells me that Anderson and Ben are spending Thanksgiving in Portugal.
No one cares, Fanderson.
- [quote]No one cares, Fanderson
Yet here you are posting a reply, R70.
- Anderson Live is all reruns next week so he and Ben are probably on vacation. Andy needs it, after Sandy, the election and Gaza he's probably exhausted.
- R61 So are Anderson and Ben gone all next week or just a long weekend? Maybe they are meeting Ben's family in Portugal for Thanksgiving. Didn't they spend Thanksgiving in Paris with them a couple of years ago?
- Since Cooper's talk show was canceled, he'll have extra time to spend on his back with his legs up in the air. I think the guy could use a royal rogering.
- Ben is going gray. Just like his sugar daddy. Or maybe he is dying it gray.
- Now I'm not saying this JUST to be nasty(although there is some element there), I'm merely expressing my entirely subjective and admittedly somewhat invidious opinion that Anderson is...
really starting to look like shit.
"Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't stand those two harridans."
I agree...Anderson and his boyfriend are really annoying.
- Wow, Ben's back and arms are really beefy.
- Yeah, Ben is super beefy and sexy in that pic taken at Madison Square Garden.
- I like Anderson well enough but he sounds so lame going on about his mom and her husbands, almost bragging about them. I don't know. just got some second hand embarrassment from that.
- Portugal sounds like the sort of place AC and Ben would vacation, there may be some sightings or at some point Ben or AC will put up a pic or Ben will tweet about it. I don't think anyone's going to be hunting for them and filming them like in Croatia.
- [quote]I just want to know how to pronounce Hoda's last name.
I finally heard it pronounced as "cot-bee" after many years of not knowing how the heck to say it.
AC said he had so many things to be grateful for on Thanksgiving and every day and you know Ben is a BIG part of that.
- What kind of fucked up bullshit name is Hoda? Is this bitch trailer trash or what? If she was black you racist assholes would be calling her ghetto.
- Ben posted a picture of a gate to a city which appears to be European, so I'm guessing R61 is right and they are in Portugal. So R61 is this a long weekend or will they be gone all week? If Anderson is off AC360 I'm not watching. I can barely take the President Obama bashing when he's anchoring, let alone from a sub.
- r84 That photo Ben posted is of the statue and arch at Praça do Comércio, which is indeed in Lisbon.
- R85 Thanks. Looks like the person that tweeted from the talk show audience was right. I'm guessing maybe someone asked him where he was spending Thanksgiving during one of the commercial breaks. Hope they have a good vacation.
- Rua Augusta's Triumphal Arch in Lisbon.
- So R61 was right about AC and Ben spending Thanksgiving in Portugal. I wonder what else that source can tell us.
- Someone always finds out where they are and since they seem to enjoy taking pics and posting them on Instagram, I guess we'll always know where they are. Looks like a beautiful place. I don't think AC's working at all next week or I'd be very surprised if he is. I know Heroes is coming up pretty soon though. Those two have a really great life together, no wonder AC is so grateful and thankful.
- [quote]What kind of fucked up bullshit name is Hoda? Is this bitch trailer trash or what? If she was black you racist assholes would be calling her ghetto.
It's Egyptian and not "fucked up" in the least. I'm sorry you know so little about cultures outside of America.
- Yup R89 the CNN Heroes tribute is on December 2 live. So my guess is AC and his Ben will be taking a good ten day vacation in Portugal and then returning in time for the broadcast. They do have a pretty amazing life.
- Thanks to Anderson my life is wonderful.
- I'm sure Ben is happy about his new life but I'm sure being in love with AC is far more important.
- Lisbon is supposed to be a beautiful city.
- I adore Anderson and Ben.
- Any sighting of AC and Ben in Lisbon yet?
- Not yet R96. Who knows if they're going to stay there for the entire trip, they might go somewhere else. I guess they'll be spotted at some point.
- r96 There was this tweet.
- I could have tweeted that R98 or anyone else here. Everyone knows he's in Lisbon.
- Don't people in Portugal have iPhones? Where are the pics???
- They may not even know who Anderson is over there. If there's some Americans around them, they might notice them and take a pic, but there aren't usually any vacation pics of AC and Ben. I've only seen sightings.
- Do you think they find it easy to pull in places like Portugal?
- I agree with R101, I don't expect any actual pics of them, as that's pretty rare while they're on vacation. Anderson isn't as famous in Europe as he is in the U.S.
- Pull what R102?
- Pull partners - hook up.
- I don't think that's the reason why they love to travel, r105. I'm sure they have no problem "pulling" partners back home if that's what they're into. Somehow I doubt this to be the case though.
- Doesn't seem Kathy Griffin is spending a lot of time, if any at all, with Jack Gray anymore now that Kathy has a steady boyfriend.
- They do like to travel to those Latin American countries and AC USED to love Latin men, maybe they like to pick up guys. But I don't really believe that, they seem exclusive.
- Anderson's probably sleeping his vacation away. He's said a few times that sleep is the most valuable commodity for him and that's what he does most weekends. I'm sure he's catching up. Ben's probably sightseeing alone LOL.
- R108, AC and Ben have gone to India, London, Rome, Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris, South Africa, Namibia, and Botswana. I'm not sure if it's accurate to say that they like to travel to Latin American countries as much as it is to say that they like to travel, period. Besides, Portugal is a European country.
- I guess Ben researches the places they're going to go while Anderson's working and makes all the arrangements and finds the five star restaurants/hotels and local activities and sights. Or maybe AC has an assistant who does that stuff.
- R110 you forgot Croatia.
- Good catch, r112.
- He's really hard to look at. While covering Gaza he was making intense faces to try make himself look intelligent. Reminds me of when George Costanza made his "I'm busy working" face when in fact he was doing nothing.
- Whatever you want to think about him, Anderson was working a LOT in Gaza, he did TONS of reports and was anchoring for several hours each day and throughout the night. Yes he gets paid millions, but it's not like he was just sitting around doing nothing. And Anderson IS intelligent and knew all the complexities of the situation there. He's an easy target here for scorn, but most of it is unfair and way off base.
- yeah R115 Anderson-bashing is a regular feature here on DL.
- I'd like to see R114 reporting from Gaza. No doubt she would do a stellar job that would garner universal accolades, and would put AC to shame. Thankfully we have her to remind us of what a complete fraud that man is, and how much better anyone but him would be in his place.
Do you feel better now, r114?
- For some it's hard to accept that one person can be attractive, talented, intelligent, rich and so on.
- That is true R118 and I think that's where a lot of the negativity towards AC comes from. I noticed on the show last week that Hoda and Kathie Lee were sort of mocking his Vanderbilt background after he answered some of their questions about it and I heard him say that he never talks about that stuff and only did because they brought it up. He kind of tries to downplay it a bit.
- I think it's interesting that AC never brings up his Vanderbilt connection. He's very humble about it, as I'm sure he knows that a lot of people would be envious of him because of it. One only needs to take a glimpse at this thread to see an example of this.
- He talks A LOT about who is mom is, Gloria Vanderbilt. He likes to point that out.
- He loves his mommy.
- He Slaps his mommy
- He's ugly with a big wide bottom nose and no lips. The eye shape is as freaky as the color of them.
- His mother has known a lot of tragedy and loss and I think that has brought Anderson and her closer.
- Now I know you're kidding when you call his eye color freaky R124. You gave yourself away there.
- Ben posted another pic of an old building in Portugal on Instagram, it looks like a Gothic cloister. He takes some very nice photos.
- R127 I think Instagram makes anything look good.
- So what's the big attraction for them in Nazare, Portugal? Is it a gay resort?
- What makes you think they're in Nazare, r129? Ben posted a pic of a gate in Lisbon.
- Don't think anywhere in portugal is in resort mode in november. If they've been spotted in Nazare it probably means that they've been to Albocaca - which confirms what a classy and educated person Ben appears to be.
- Anderson does talk about his mother a lot, it's ok because it IS his mom but he really doesn't talk about the Vanderbilt side of his family that much. He doesn't go around saying he is a descendant of Cornelius Vanderbilt, one of the men who built America and who's name is all over NYC.
Ben never says where or what his pics are, he just posts them. That other guy Pablo always describes his pics.
- Ben with his B.A. in art history has probably taught Anderson a lot since they've gotten together. AC's a world traveler but there may be places and works of art that he was unfamiliar with until he met Ben. They'll probably bring back a lot of items from Portugal to add to the firehouse. Someone said their home is like a museum with a lot of art and artifacts.
- I bet this is Anderson's favorite song.
- That is stupid R134.
- I wonder what happened to the angry loon r42/r44 who suddenly disappeared after predicting that she'll have this thread all to herself for a week. Could it be that her Internet access privileges have been revoked and she's been locked up in her padded cell? If only!
- Maybe (s)he's on vacation with Andy and Ben. I hate it when they're on vacay. It's so quiet here. **crickets**
- Sorry my previous comment (R137) was directed at R136's comment.
- I think Anderson is kind of screwing up his career. Is he a news man or is he a talk show personality? He is compromising his standing as a journalist- if he indeed ever was one. He may end up neither.
- Anderson is in Nazare, Portugal. On assignment for 60 Minutes.
- Another working/vacation thing.
- Ben is with AC in portugal...
- I wonder tho they've together what 3 years now? Is it really love? Love for AC because of Ben's body and Ben obviousl for AC's wealth and connections? Or is it really that together because they fell in love for each other unconditionally and emotionally? Relationships make you wonder.
- We know R142, Ben started tweeting pics from there this past Friday. Always a giveaway.
- No need to be a smartass about it R144 k?
- It's believed that they've been together since 2008 actually and I think they really do love each other and click very well together. Anderson seems to have a lot of different interests and Ben had his own things going on and maybe got AC interested in things he never was before. They are smart, like to travel, they live as privately as they can considering one of them is famous. Ben is supposed to be very charming and funny and he hasn't gone around talking about AC or his connection to him. They seem very loyal and committed and I remember someone who claims to have been to one of their parties saying that they're very attentive to each other. Things can always change down the line, but for now, they seem really happy and in love with each other.
- R145, wow R145, sorry I came off that way, it was REALLY not my intent, I was just saying what we know and how once one of them start taking pics from some foreign land, we can always tell what's happening with them, they have a definite pattern. That's all I meant.
- K R147
And I hear you R146 Not doubting they are an item at all. Just wondering what attracted them too each other other than the obvious. But I get what you explained.
- I used to listen to Teena Marie's "Portuguese Love" and wish I could go there. Whenever I hear about Portugal I'm always reminded of that song.
- Some guy saw Anderson's show and said this:
[quote]Anderson perked up a bit during a previously taped segment in which, instead of disappearing off set, he took questions from the audience (the segment just so happened to be with former Bend, Ore. resident, Thomas Beattie, aka "The Pregnant Man"). I asked him if he ever plans to get married. He said: "I have no plans...but you never know...never say never." Other folks asked to hug him, shake his hand and one of the odd Canadian guys asked him to sign his book and then said something completely inappropriate that made Anderson blush.
He doesn't sound like he's in a big hurry to get married.
- R150 I doubt Anderson's going to tell a total stranger about his marriage plans if he has any. He was probably caught off guard.
- Anderson and Ben have been together for 4 years.
- I guess if they wanted to get married, they would've done it by now. They may not be interested and like things the way they are. Maybe they're unconventional and aren't interested in marriage or feel they have to be married to be fully committed.
- Anyone have an idea what kind of story Anderson could be covering for 60 Minutes in Portugal? I'm just curious.
- I guess R136 was right when he said that the angry Ben-hating, Cesar-worshipping, Anderson-stalking loon (AKA BCA freak!) had her Internet privileges revoked because we haven't heard from her in a while, lol! This thread has been positively drama-free without her constant interference.
I wonder too what kind of story Anderson could be doing for 60 Minutes in Portugal.
- [quote] Anderson and Ben have been together for 4 years.
Yes 3 yrs of Ben walking 10 steps behind AC pretending to be his bodyguard. A relationship made in heaven.
Cesar is so GLAD he doesn't have to be a slave to AC's warped ideologies. He can just be himself with his partner. It sounds like he is really happy since he left AC for good.
- [quote] This thread has been positively drama-free without her constant interference.
This thread especially this page has been inundated with "multiples" posting and answering themselves. This is why it's been drama free. When you make a statement and then answer your own statement you don't need any outside help.
As the webby puts it. Collaborative fiction at it's best. And please stop obsessing over the Cesar frau because the Cesar frau is not obsessing over you. Enjoy your vacation!
- [quote]And please stop obsessing over the Cesar frau because the Cesar frau is not obsessing over you
Says the Cesarfrau herself! I guess R156/r157 was allowed out of her padded cell and is now back posting with us. This is going to be entertaining!
[quote]Cesar is so GLAD he doesn't have to be a slave to AC's warped ideologies. He can just be himself with his partner. It sounds like he is really happy since he left AC for good.
Your "Cesar is living happily ever after" narrative is pretty funny, R156. Does it make you feel good to make up all those stories?
[quote]Yes 3 yrs of Ben walking 10 steps behind AC pretending to be his bodyguard. A relationship made in heaven.
Speaking of walking 10 steps behind AC, here's a good picture for you of Cesar doing just that while carrying AC's luggage to boot. Ouch!
- Interesting pic, r158. Funny how it's pretty much a text book illustration of what the Ben-hating Cesarfrau is always saying about every single pic of AC and Ben together: "he's walking 10 feet behind AC, they're not being affectionate with each other, they look miserable", etc... I guess one can play the interpretation game on just about any pic and project their own agenda onto what they're seeing.
One thing is for sure, there are a lot more pics of AC and Ben together than there are of him and Cesar, which is clearly pissing off the Cesarfrau big time.
- If no one had brought up the "Cesarfrau/Benderfrau" idiocy, we could've had a normal discussion about AC's work and life, it was ALMOST going that way on the thread. There's more talk about that crap then there are actual discussions about AC.
I don't know what Anderson could be reporting on in Portugal, we may not know for months, sometimes it takes a long time to air.
- You're right r160, but it's pretty funny to fuck with the Cesarfrau, as she gets really worked up over the whole thing and starts saying really nutty things, which is always entertaining.
About Portugal, AC tweeted a pic of the sea, so I wonder if the 60 Minutes piece might have something to do with that. We'll know for sure sooner or later.
- Ok R161, if some people think the C/B stuff is entertaining, then you have every right to have fun with it, but personally I just like actual gossip about AC and Ben, that's what gets me going around here!
Yes, his report might be another environmental piece or something, the last one from Cuba was excellent.
- Ben posted another pic.
- what would we do without Ben and his iphone?
- Wow, that's an amazing pic! Thanks for the link R163.
I wonder where in Portugal it was taken.
- We'd survive just fine R164, but I still like to post his pics anyhow.
[quote]The reputed American journalist was in coastal village centre of the country to interview the surfer Garrett McNamara who, a year ago, surfed a wave of 30 metres in the Canyon of Nazareth. Anderson Cooper is since Monday in Nazareth. The American journalist, along with a team of 60 Minutes, CBS News is doing a story on Garrett McNamara, the surfer who, last year, surfed a wave with 30 metres. Cooper, who also has an information program on CNN, 360, and a talk show, Anderson Live, passed between us in SIC woman is 60 Minutes correspondent since 2007. The program is broadcast in Portugal by SIC Notícias, on Saturdays, to 00.30. Read the whole report with Anderson Cooper on DN on paper this Wednesday.
- You're welcome R165, it is a great pic.
- I think you misread my meaning R166. I love it when he posts pics because that's usually the only way we know what AC's up to. I wasn't actually being sarcastic.
So he's doing a story about this guy...
- LOL R168, someone accused ME of implying something I didn't mean the other day and now I made the same mistake with you, sorry about that.
- R169 no big deal. I'm used to being misunderstood.
- That McNammarra kind of looks like Ben.
- AC and Ben are like our version of Liz and Dick. A modern gay romance for the ages!
- But without the drunken rages and constant break-ups/make-ups R72.
- Or should I say R172.
- Lol @r172! They're definitely cooler than any other A-list gay couple.
- R158 AC and Ben have been photogrpahed side by side together since 2009.... some pics with Ben behind him but most side by side. At dinner tables, posing for pics, parties, dinners. Bike riding side by side, walking side by side. Ac didnt hid Ben like Julio.
- What do we know about Gilles Marini? He's going to be on Anderson Live...
- R177 French, married, two kids.
- R177 Nice bod (I googled him).
- Another Ben pic from Portugal.
- He takes some nice pics. I guess while Andy's working Ben's playing.
- I was watching TCM last night and oddly enough they showed an old short film about Nazare. I'd never heard of that place until AC mentioned it. AC might have a few hours of downtime to join Ben sightseeing.
- Are AC and Ben back from Portugal yet?
- R183 I don't think so. His daytime show is still a rerun today. He'll be back by Sunday night for the Heroes special on CNN.
[italic] ENOUGH. [/italic]
- What is your problem, r185?
- [quote]Anyone have an idea what kind of story Anderson could be covering for 60 Minutes in Portugal?
I've been to Nzare and can't imagine why 60 Minutes would be doing a segment on it. It's a nice place to visit. The only bizarre thing is that the fishermen wear traditional plaid trousers and plaid shirts but the plaids don't match. They use oxen to pull their fishing boats onto the beach.
- R187 see post by R166.
- Thanks r188. Didn't realize I had skipped a page in this thread.
- I guess Nazare is a good surfing spot, r187.
- I didn't see anyone surfing R190. I now live in an oceanfront town that's known for surfing tournaments but the surfers all stick to less than a half mile of beachfront so people visiting here often don't notice the surfers. It's probably the same in Nazare.
- [quote]AC and Ben have been photogrpahed side by side together since 2009.... some pics with Ben behind him but most side by side. At dinner tables, posing for pics, parties, dinners. Bike riding side by side, walking side by side. Ac didnt hid Ben like Julio.
That's very true. I don't know why r156 goes on and on about how great Cesar was and how Anderson was so much better with him when there's practically no evidence to support that. There's so much more info and pics of Ben than there ever was about Cesar, we practically know nothing of what was going on between him and AC. We do know for a fact that Ben has been by Anderson's side for the past 4 years, seen and sometimes photographed with him at countless events, parties, dinnners, vacations, etc... We certainly don't have any such info about Cesar. If he really was dating AC for several years, how come there are only a couple of pics? Something doesn't add up, despite the Cesarfrau's obstinate efforts.
- The TCM doc said the fishermen in Nazare don't wear pants with pockets, they keep all their belongings in their hats. At least back then that was what was happening.
I saw a quote where AC was saying he had an amazing vacation in Nazare and that he ate a lot of fish, but I don't know where I saw it, some Portuguese site I think.
- [quote] I don't know why [R156] goes on and on about how great Cesar was and how Anderson was so much better with him when there's practically no evidence to support that.
She does that because she's crazy. Her fixation on Anderson's "golden" past with Cesar is nothing short of bizarre. Her epic hate for all things Ben Maisani is pretty strange too, not to mention her love/hate relationship with Anderson. She's clearly a demented former fan whose AC-obsession has led her to become increasingly unhinged and who has developed strong (and complicated) personal feelings about him and those close to him over the years. She seems to be using DL as some sort of therapeutical outlet to work out her numerous issues revolving around him.
- [quote]using DL as some sort of therapeutical outlet to work out her numerous issues revolving around him.
This includes her starting or digging up threads about how Anderson makes too much money and that he ought to get a pay cut, posting negativity about his worth as a reporter, delighting in his "failures", talking about his ratings, comparing him to other reporters. She knows that some on DL dislike Anderson and she knows posting that stuff will stir them up and cause them to heap on more scorn about him and THAT'S what keeps her going and makes her pathetic life "complete". Unfortunately she's going to come back to this thread and post more insults and nonsense. I wish there was actual gossip on AC and Ben to talk about instead of always focusing on these nobodies, but there's no gossip about A&B because their lives are pretty stable together.
- What a weird thread.
What I want to know is this: where did the idea get started that Anderson Cooper is hot?
When the truth is he looks like one of those creatures they found at Roswell.
- I'm going to New York next week. If I see AC if he';s in town i'll post a pic. lol. Im be getting dropped off on 8th ave. Just south of Chelsea and West ville and Hells kitchen is just north of me. Times Square is within walking distance too, just northeast of where i'll be dropped off. I'm staying in Manhantan with a friend. I'm going to walk pass AC's firehouse and maybe take a pic. LOL
- You're "laughing out loud" at the fact that you're stalking someone, r197?
"Im be getting dropped off on 8th ave" = Greyhound
- That "idea" got started a long time ago and is still true R196, so what if you don't think he's hot, LOTS of others do.
There aren't a lot of pics of AC and Ben around the firehouse, they must sneak out.
- She's on Twitter too causing trouble and NO I didn't go out "hunting" for this, I always read AC-related tweets and one came up and sounded VERY familiar and her other tweets are similar. Issues with AC.
[quote]sarah33 @sarah33wwefan Love the way Anderson cooper lies about doing an assignment for 60 Minutes when he is really on vacation again every 3 months must be. How dumb can you be to think AC is lying to CNN about what he's doing on his 60 Minutes assignments, they know EXACTLY what's going on or else he'd be fired by now, maybe it's fine with them that he does the vacation/work thing, in fact, I'm sure it is.
[quote]sarah33 @sarah33wwefan My ass he's on an assignment for 60 Minutes that guy get's more vacation time than anybody of course rich people can get away with it.
[quote]sarah33 @sarah33wwefan @andersoncooper Wow Really? I don't know how CNN puts up with you taking off on vacation anytime you please wow wish i could do that.
- R201 that's unbelievable. I've got to check out this Sarah troll. Maybe she's just trying to get famous like the coconut flan chick. She figures if she disses AC enough he'll ream her out for the world to see. Sounds like a jealous bitch. How can you say he didn't deserve a vacation after Sandy, the election and the Middle East assignment? I think he's earned it. But he's also working. The story for 60 Minutes is not fabricated.
- Right R202, Anderson was working his ass off during the Gaza crisis, he was on tv for hours and hours reporting and doing special reports and turning up on other CNN shows. He gets paid extremely well, but he DOES work and doesn't sit on his hands there.
- Anyone who isn't just anti-Anderson knows the guy gets like 5 hours sleep a night, on a good night. He works extremely hard, never stops. I'm sure that's the way he likes it and I guess it will change a bit without the daytime show. But to say he doesn't deserve a (working) vacation is ludicrous. That Sarah troll seems to have set up that account for the sole purpose of trolling Anderson.
- R201 The Sarah troll also tweeted this: "If homosexuality was the normal way God would have made Adam and Bruce."
So she's anti-Anderson because she's a fundie bitch.
Evryone here should get on her ass.
- Sounds like 88 R205, same AC obsessed, gay-hating tone.
- Right R204, anti-Anderson, meaning there isn't a single thing he could do right in their eyes. They ignore the reality that Anderson's a hard worker and has been since starting at CNN (taking late night and weekend shifts no one wanted). One of the things he's always said is that to be a success, you have to work harder than everyone else.
- Now the nutty anti-AC troll has invaded the Luke Russert thread to get them to move off of criticizing Russert and move on to hacking up AC so she can get her jollies. No one was even talking about AC on that thread. See how she does things? Anything news-related, she has to find a way to bring up Anderson, even when no one was talking about him.
- You're right r206, that sarah33 does sound exactly like 88angel, same AC-bashing, same homophobic comments. That woman also frequently posts on DL. I sometimes wonder if she's not the Cesarfrau herself, or if not, if those two don't know each other, because some of the themes and lines of attack sure sound very similar.
- I checked the Luke Russert thread, and just like you said r208, the anti-AC troll was once again trying to derail the discussion by bringing up Anderson when no one else was even mentioning him. Do you think she's the same person who's behind the 88angel and sarah33 accounts? What a freak!
- I do think there's one (or maybe two at the most) trolls who have a huge issue with Anderson Cooper and anyone who doesn't share their hatred of him. I'm certain one is 88 or maybe she's the one creating all these accounts on Twitter, coming here and on any other site that mentions AC so she can bash him. There's also someone on ATA who only comes there to post negative things about AC's work and then gets angry when she's called on it. She is NOT being forced to watch him or pay attention to him at all, so why not let it go? These people never have a logical/sensible answer to that question.
- [quote]The TCM doc said the fishermen in Nazare don't wear pants with pockets, they keep all their belongings in their hats.
I bought a wool plaid fisherman's jacket there - no pockets.
- I guess Anderson is back in NY.
- I thought it looked like him in this photo at a meeting for CNN Heroes in LA - in the chair left of center. From the back, it sure looks like him.
- R214 everyone's sure looking at him as if he's the center of attention so it might just be him.
- r214 Looks like that tweet was bogus, it looks like him in that photo.
- Dug around some more and found the attached picture of the Heroes practice, so it looks like it may not be him after all. There was another Twitter sighting of him at the Waverly Inn in NYC tonight. So he must be going to LA tomorrow.
- Of course it's not him but some Anderfans are just desperate for it to be AC, even though he's still in NYC.
- R218 - why would people be desperate for him to be in LA vs. NYC? Does it really make any difference that he's in NYC vs. LA?
- [quote] why would people be desperate for him to be in LA
I don't know. You're the one making that claim, r219. It's not what I wrote.
It's the fraus who want the picture to be AC.
Look everyone! There's a picture of Anderson. It must be him. It looks just like him. That's the back of his head for sure. Looks like that tweet was bogus, it looks like him in that photo. Please God, it must be him. Everyone's sure looking at him as if he's the center of attention so it might just be him. I'll bet it's him. Don't you agree that it's AC? Yes, that's our Anderson. How thrilling that we have another photo. I knew that other tweet was totally bogus.
- R220's seriously overreacting!
- R220 do you believe everything people post on Twitter? Anyone can say they just saw AC in NYC. Doesn't mean it's true. Makes more sense that he's in LA prepping for a big show in Sunday night. Why wouldn't he be at a staff meeting?
- [quote] She is NOT being forced to watch him or pay attention to him at all, so why not let it go? These people never have a logical/sensible answer to that question.
The reason why these people never have a logical/sensible answer to that simple question is because they're crazy, period. Any sane person who claims to dislike AC so much would just stop watching and wouldn't bother gathering as much info about him as those loons do.
- The Sarah33 troll somehow blocked all those tweets. I didn't know you could do that. There are only 3 tweets now showing for her but it still says she has 21 tweets. Bitch.
- Interesting R224. This means that whoever is behind that Twitter account knows that we're onto her, which proves that she does read and most likely post on this thread. Yes Sarah33, we know you're reading this, you pathetic crazy bitch!
- Yes which proves that R201 was right.
- It's been obvious for a long time that Cindy Holeman, the woman behind 88angel and numerous fake Twitter accounts such as sarah33, reads and posts on DL regularly. What r224 said only confirms that. She's a hateful, deeply disturbed individual who hates the gays. I wish there was a way to ban her from DL.
- [quote]I bought a wool plaid fisherman's jacket there - no pockets.
The tradition continues.
- [quote]It's been obvious for a long time that Cindy Holeman, the woman behind 88angel and numerous fake Twitter accounts such as sarah33, reads and posts on DL regularly.
Yes, that appears to be the case.
[quote]She's a hateful, deeply disturbed individual who hates the gays.
Isn't it ironic that such a bigot spends so much time obsessing about an openly gay man, on a gay gossip site of all places? That woman is truly fucked up in the head.
- Is Cindy/88angel the same crazy bitch as the Cesarfrau?
- Probably R230, but then again, she doesn't really like the idea of AC with ANY man.
- So why is she pretending to like Cesar? Is it something she does now because she knows that the relationship he once had with Anderson is over? It seems to me that she's always putting Cesar on a pedestal because she can't stand the fact that AC is now with Ben, and everything is fair game to her if it means dismissing that relationship. I wonder if she used to trash Cesar the same way she does Ben back when AC was with him. I wouldn't be surprised if she did.
- Anderson's 60 Minutes report on that North Korean camp survivor tonight was fantastic. What an amazing story!
- R233 yes it was. And so is this CNN Heroes special I'm watching. These people are truly inspirational.
- That was one of AC's best 60 Minute reports. It's shocking to know a place like that even exists and it's sad knowing there are people there who can never escape, no one should have to live in such horrific circumstances like that.
Heroes always gets me crying and feeling uplifted, a great show to watch for a reminder that there are truly good people doing amazing things in the world.
- This guy says AC "liked" this pic on Instagram. Maybe because the guy sorta looks like Ben perhaps?
- So what was up with Anderson being off yet again yesterday? A week wasn't enough for him? He takes more time off than anyone at CNN.
- R237 He was probably hung over. There was an article in the National Enquiror last year that said he was at some bar in LA and was so drunk he had to be hauled out by his friends. I think he drinks more than he says he does.
- This is the article r238 is talking about.
- well considering that AC says he doesn't drink much, it wouldn't surprise me that he'd need assistance after drinking 6 cocktails. But that article is just gossip and heresay. Believe about 10% of what you read in celebrity rags and 0% of what you read in the National Enquirer.
- I don't think Anderson drinks much, if at all. That article sounds like BS to me. In any case, unless I'm mistaken, it's still legal for people over 21 to drink so I don't see what the problem is. Some people around here like to stir trouble by making all sorts of allegations about AC.
- R 241
I agree with you
- R242, why do you agree with R 241 instead of R241?
- Anderson's 60 Minutes piece on Shin Dong Hyuk who was born in a prison camp in North Korea this past weekend was fantastic. I think it's pretty incredible the range that AC has, which allows him to go from silly stuff like having Hoda and Kathie Lee boozing it up on his talk show to much more serious reports for 60 Minutes or for CNN.
- Here is is drunk on the air. I don't think its a stretch to say that National Enquirer article could be true. Being drunk on live tv like that is completely unprofessional.
- Here's the youtube video. Sorry!
- [quote] I think it's pretty incredible the range that AC has, which allows him to go from silly stuff like having Hoda and Kathie Lee boozing it up on his talk show to much more serious reports for 60 Minutes or for CNN.
The crime reporter for our city's daily paper wrote a feature story on a fine art topic for today's paper. Readers are thrilled beyond belief and are amazed at the range he has. It's very unusual for a journalist to deal with a wide variety of topics. I'm so impressed!!!
- Thank you R247 for reminding us all what a cunt you are.
- Anderson posted this pic on Instagram a little while ago. with the following comment...
"Temporarily blinded last week while on assignment. UV light bouncing off water. Much better now. Details today on #andersonlive"
Must have been scary. Kind of ironic though that after risking his life going to the Middle East, an innocent interview in Portugal temporarily blinds him.
- Holy shit, he looks pretty hurt in that Instagram pic. Glad it's only temporary, as it looks like he got a piece of shrapnel in his right eye. I'm curious to hear the details on his talk show today.
- R245 Ac has always said he isn't a drinker and doesn't like to drink but he does drink and said he was drunk on air with Kathy Lee and Hoda. AC contradicts himself alot. If you like to drink why lie about it, when you're spotted drinking or drink on air? lol
- I don't think he's a regular drinker which is why he got tipsy so easily, it's probably something he rarely does or just lightly when at dinner with friends or whatever.
- [quote]If you like to drink why lie about it, when you're spotted drinking or drink on air?
Just because one has an occasional drink every once in a while doesn't make them a drinker, r251. The fact that Anderson got drunk so easily with Hoda and Kathie Lee shows that he's not a big drinker. I don't know why some of you are so eager to label him a drunk and a liar for that. Some of the posters here sound like they don't go out much.
- Exactly R252 and R253. He has said he doesn't drink much, other than a glass or two of wine with dinner etc. And doesn't like beer. Which is why I highly doubt that Enquirer story. Maybe the bar put a bunch of cocktails in front of him to try but I doubt he drank them all and probably got drunk on a few sips, which proves he's not a drinker and has a low tolerance for alcohol. The guy is so scrutinised it boggles the mind.
- I'm not sure which thread has crazier fans; this one, the Bomer or the Frank Ocean current debacle. Who cares about AC possible drinking or not. He was blinded by the sun!
- I guess he knows now to wear sunglasses.
- [quote]I'm not sure which thread has crazier fans; this one, the Bomer or the Frank Ocean current debacle
I think Anderson's "fans" take the cake in the crazy department. I don't see the kind of obsessive love/hate for all things Bomer or Ocean on those threads like we get on the AC threads. I don't think there's an equivalent to the sheer insanity of our resident Cesarfrau on the Bomer thread!
- He looked fine tonight but he seemed tired and his voice was a little hoarse.
R257, it wasn't like this a few years ago. There were just ordinary conversations about AC's work and life.
- [quote]it wasn't like this a few years ago. There were just ordinary conversations about AC's work and life.
I miss those days, before the angry nuts and the Cesarfrau took over and derailed every single AC thread with their monomaniacal insanity.
- Ac was wearing sunglasses for a short time back in 2010. He and Ben were photographed riding bikes with AC wearing them. Hope he startes wearing them regularly now.
- I skipped today's Anderson Live annoying Meghan McCain who said she felt like crying win Romney lost last month... She and Nancy Grace irked me alot as cohost.
- It's bad enough that AC has Meghan's (I hate how she spells her name) dad on 360 nearly every week. I bet she's as nasty and mean as her daddy.
R260, he looked good in those glasses too. He ought to wear them, but he said it makes him feel distant from people, but he's kind of reserved and private as it is so you'd think he'd welcome that distance.
- R260 Another AC contradiction. LOL He should wear them again tho. He looked cool. AC respects McCain. I respect him too for his service in armed forces but obviously his antigay ways makes me respect him less.
- This is a long article which no one may feel like reading, but it's a good explanation why so many reporters kiss McCain's ass when he doesn't really deserve it.
[quote]And then there's the special treatment, given no other American politician, to allow McCain to make his case to the public. When Media Matters conducted a study of Sunday-morning network guest lists, it discovered that the most frequent invitee during the nine-year period of 1997-2005 was McCain, who had appeared 124 times--over 50 percent more than his closest competitor. What's more, not only was he the most frequent guest, he was the most honored. McCain was accorded eighty-six solo interviews.
I bet AC would rip someone's head off if they dared criticize McCain.
- And if you didn't know folks now you know. It's quite obvious who Anderson bats for on any given day. What the multiples said above is true.
I get home and have an hour to spare. Kick back and eat my lunch and decided to watch his daytime show. Haven't watched it or AC360 in ages. Who do I see??? Whiny assed Megan McCain aka Ms. Piggy on his show for the 3rd time and now hosting.
It seems like he gets fixated on these fake bleach blonde chicks on a regular basis. He's also had this bleach blonde republican pundit chick on his AC360 show a lot. Somebody needs to tell him blondes went out of style in the 80's when Farrah Fawcett went out of style.
Moral of this story is I just couldn't do it. The minute I saw Megan McCain I turned my tv to The People's Court with Judge Milian. I've lost a lot of respect for him especially after hearing all these horrible things about him at another blog. I think they are probably true. Just look at who he keeps company with.
When he puts that much energy into haivng a well known prominent democratic pondit on his daytime show (WHICH HE HAS NEVER HAD)and woohoo over them they way he does that republican skank Megan McCain I may give his show another try.
Judge Marilyn Milian
- R265, come on, are you serious? Like he's only supposed to have Democrats on his show? I'm sure Andy Cohen's a Democrat and he's co-hosted twice. He's had Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, and Madonna on and they're all Democrats. Rosie co-hosted for him and she's a Democrat. Gabrielle Union co-hosted. She's a Democrat. Should I go on? People just want to find any reason to criticize him. Why does it have to come down to politics? Does that define who he is? Is he not for gay rights? Did he not, just last night, have the issue of the ban on gay conversion therapy on his show? Does he not speak out against bullying, especially the plight of young gays being bullied?
BTW I wouldn't call Meghan McCain a prominent pundit. She's John McCain's daughter and that's what defines her.
But I do agree he needs to find some new co-hosts. He's recycled the same ones a few too many times.
- [quote]I've lost a lot of respect for him especially after hearing all these horrible things about him at another blog. I think they are probably true.
Why, if it's on the Internet, it MUST be true!!!
- [quote]When Media Matters conducted a study of Sunday-morning network guest lists, it discovered that the most frequent invitee during the nine-year period of 1997-2005 was McCain, who had appeared 124 times--over 50 percent more than his closest competitor.
How convenient you left out the facts that a) McCain was still sane at that time and espousing moderate views that viewers affiliated with both parties could embrace; b) McCain-Feingold, the first major bill to significantly rein in campaign reform and "soft money" coming in from corporate America to politicians as a de facto slush fund, was passed in 2002, thus turning McCain into the country's most prominent critic on pork-barrel legislation and unlimited campaign spending; and c) was the first prominent Republican to start criticizing the Iraq war as a bad idea, and went off on Rumsfeld in particular as early as 2003.
- [quote]decided to watch his daytime show. Haven't watched it or AC360 in ages.
Who do you think you're fooling, R265? You're ALWAYS saying that you don't watch his show anymore but that you happened to catch it this one time, and it was either A) really bad or B) you got sick of his (alleged) Republican bias. You're always saying this on every single AC thread, so stop pretending that you barely watch him because it seems that you spend quite a lot of time doing just that and then whining about it. If you don't like what AC does, fine, just stop watching him. Clearly you're incapable of doing that, but why do you have to come here and try to convince everyone that he sucks or that he's a Republican? As R266 pointed out, Anderson has had plenty of known Democrats co-hosting with him (in fact the vast majority of his co-hosts have been Democrats), but of course you conveniently ignore that.
- McCain has ruined whatever reputation he had by endorsing and still supporting Palin, going after Susan Rice and looking like a bitter old resentful fool, still angry over his loss to Obama and trying every trick in the book to stay relevant.
When Cindy Lauper was on Anderson's daytime show, he was obviously annoyed when she went off on Romney, some guy tweeted AC and said some disparaging remarks about Cindy's comments and AC tweeted back "I hear you". Dems don't get that kind of support from him. Once again 360 is hauling in more Republicans tonight to push the idea that Obama is the problem in the fiscal cliff discussion. If he doesn't want anyone to believe he's biased, he ought to fix his show and allow more liberal voices. Last night he had Erick Erickson and Rich Galen on AND McCain AGAIN to do his usual Obama bashing schtick. When does AC have a Democrat on as frequently as he's had on McCain? Once in a blue moon he'll bring in Maher or Michael Moore, but McCain's become a regular and no other Democratic politician has. That's a fact.
- [quote]McCain has ruined whatever reputation he had by endorsing and still supporting Palin, going after Susan Rice and looking like a bitter old resentful fool, still angry over his loss to Obama and trying every trick in the book to stay relevant.
I don't disagree, but this has nothing whatsoever to do with a Media Matters study conducted between 1997 and 2005.
- FYI R270, Anderson has James Carville or Paul Begala a lot more often on his show that that tool Erickson.
- I'm talking about McCain TODAY, he doesn't deserve the slobbering attention he's getting from the media, nor does he deserve a unchallenged platform to go after Obama on AC's show with NO liberals ever invited on to offer another opinion.
When Carville is on, AC allows his shrewish, hateful wife to talk over him and get the last word, same thing with Begala and whatever conservative AC has him debating. They are terrified of offending right wingers and their idea of looking non-partisan means shitting all over liberals and treating right wingers with kid gloves.
- I'm sorry R273, but I don't see it the way you do. I just think AC is trying to remain objective and neutral by not taking sides. Look, as a Democrat, I may think that most Republicans are full of shit, but I can still appreciate what Anderson is trying to do by refusing to be partisan. He's not Rachel Maddow, and he's not Glenn Beck either, and that's ok with me.
Speaking of despicable conservative pundits, I'm glad that Tea Party cunt Dana Loesch has been dropped by AC. She hasn't been on 360 in months.
- Sorry, but when he brings in McCain and discredited commentators like Fran Townsend and Bob Baer to speculate and cast doubt on the Obama Administration's foreign policy skills and doesn't even attempt to ask a Democrat on to join the discussion, he is TAKING A SIDE.
Mary Matalin and Bay Buchanan are just as heinous as Loesch but they are still regulars on AC360. AC is not as balanced as some would like to believe.
- [quote]AC is not as balanced as some would like to believe.
Let's agree to disagree, r275. Some would like to believe that AC is a raging Republican, and I just don't believe that's the case. Besides, I don't understand why some people around here focus so much on whether Anderson is liberal enough or too conservative when it comes to fiscal issues. As R266 said, is he not for gay rights? Did he not have the issue of the ban on gay conversion therapy on his show? Does he not speak out regularly against bullying, especially the plight of young gays being bullied? As a gay man, those issues matter a lot more to me than where he stands on taxes.
- He was very hard on Obama, someone who clearly supports gay rights and going very easy on Romney and Republicans, barely mentioning their objection to gay rights.
- Once again R277, I think the situation is more subjective than you think. For example, I don't think AC ever showed anything that would lead me to believe that he supported Romney. But that's my opinion, and you're entitled to have a different one.
Looking at AC's work over the years, he strikes me as a pragmatist first and foremost, who's really not interested in partisanship. I think his experience working in war zones where the issues are very real and stark makes it difficult for him to take too seriously the kind of over-heated, somewhat hysterical political ping pong that both Republicans and Democrats play back home.
- Well right now AC is calling out the Republicans in the Senate, led by Santorum, for voting down the UN Treaty on disabilities. But R277 won't see that because like others here he/she only sees when Anderson is "attacking" Obama. In order to be non-partison it is sometimes necessary to go after the Democrats as well as the Republicans.
- "think the situation is more subjective than you think."
Show me where he challenged Romney on his position over gay marriage and gay rights.
I can bring up many articles on him bashing Obama over gay marriage. Yet when Obama publicly came out in support of it, Anderson remained quiet.
And you can thank someone and remain neutral.
- Sorry "non-partisan" not non-partison.
- Why is it now that when Anderson's about to do a story on some rotten thing Republicans have done, he now announces that he's not taking sides, he's just reporting facts. The thing is, when he goes after Democrats, there's NO disclaimer, he just attacks them. Why do conservatives have to get a special disclaimer when he reports something negative about them? It's because AC/CNN are terrified of upsetting teabaggers, but upsetting Democrats is perfectly fine.
[quote] it difficult for him to take too seriously the kind of over-heated, somewhat hysterical political ping pong that both Republicans and Democrats play back home.
This is a possibility, but he's done lots of things that make me question what side he's on when it comes to certain issues. With McCain, he seems like a neocon.
- R280 I don't think it's the place of a news anchor to thank the President for supporting gay marriage. I'm sure he reported on it. But thank him? No. Not gonna happen. Can you show me another news anchor who thanked him? If so, then I guess I'm wrong about that.
- Check out the AC360 promo tweets sometimes because they are ALWAYS pushing the Republican agenda, quoting the Republican guests (especially if it's a snide hit on Obama) and not highlighting what Democrats say.
- [quote] But [R277] won't see that
I did see it and as I said above, he had to put in an apologetic disclaimer before even reporting and he repeated it at the end of the report. He wouldn't do that if he was going after Obama, he only does it when reporting something heinous that Republicans have done because heaven forbid he just simply report that they have done something horrible.
- [quote]Well right now AC is calling out the Republicans in the Senate, led by Santorum, for voting down the UN Treaty on disabilities
Lol, I was just watching that too, r279. Anderson had John Kerry on, and another Democrat, and they were both criticizing Senate Republicans for their actions.
Funny how whenever AC has Democrats on his show, or show their sides to be more reasonable (like he did in this instance), his critics on DL never seem to take notice. It's only when he's perceived as not going hard enough on Republicans, or when he's confronting a Democrat for something that they did, like when Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (who even as a Democrat, I cannot always defend) was caught lying, that his interaction gets unfairly singled out around here. I feel that this happens a lot.
- Should he have to announce that he's not taking sides when he calls out Republicans R279 and R286? Shouldn't he also do that when he attacks Obama? He never does. Seems biased to me.
- R285 do you watch AC360 regularly? Because he makes that statement about not supporting either side almost every night. Not only when he's attacking Republicans.
- R285, can we just agree to disagree on that one? You think Anderson isn't liberal enough, you believe that he's a Republican, that he's a conservative partisan, and I just don't agree with that. Personally, I think his relentless focus on LGBT issues, bullying, etc..., is a lot more important than how many times he has John McCain on his show. But you're free to feel otherwise on the topic. This is the beauty of living in a democracy, not everyone has to agree on everything.
As to that apologetic disclaimer you speak of, this is something AC does all the time, whether he's introducing a segment in which he goes after Democrats or Republicans. To me, it speaks to his general distaste for partisan politics, which is what I was talking about when I called him a pragmatist.
- Who pissed on this thread? It's so yellow.
- McCain gets a regular platform to go after Obama. Name the Democratic POLITICIAN who gets a regular spot on 360 to counter McCain's attacks. There isn't one.
We can agree to disagree on all of this R289, but I'm not the only one who's noticed the right leaning slant CNN has taken ever since Obama was elected and the Tea Party gained prominence. I just hope Zucker will change the direction of the network so that it (and AC's show) is TRULY non-partisan and not just paying lip service to it.
- [quote]I'm sure Andy Cohen's a Democrat and he's co-hosted twice. He's had Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, and Madonna on and they're all Democrats. Rosie co-hosted for him and she's a Democrat. Gabrielle Union co-hosted. She's a Democrat. Should I go on?
Please do. The only problem I see is that these Democrats you listed are not on shows like "Meet the Press" and "The Chris Matthews Show." I wonder why that could be. Can you give us a hint, R266.
Are those two shows also anti-Democratic? We should demand that Madonna appear on "Meet the Press."
- [quote]I'm not the only one who's noticed the right leaning slant CNN has taken ever since Obama was elected and the Tea Party gained prominence.
Then maybe you should write a letter to CNN letting them know of your beef with their coverage instead of posting here, if you really feel that strongly about this. Complaining about Anderson on DL and trying to convince others who don't see the situation the way you do just seems pointless to me. You have your opinion, and I have mine (which someone else shares, judging by the recent posts here), and that's ok, we're allowed to view this differently. Just live and let live, r291.
- R292 was Meghan McCain on Meet the Press? I missed that.
- I guess an AC thread on DL would be incomplete without R292 and her shitty attempt at witty sarcasm!
- [quote]Then maybe you should write a letter to CNN letting them know of your beef with their coverage instead of posting here, if you really feel that strongly about this
I just thought we were allowed to talk about whatever we want here R293. I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm just stating my thoughts and opinions about CNN-AC just as you were stating yours and I'll continue to do that if I notice something on the show. Anyone who doesn't want to get into it again is perfectly free to ignore my comments. Suggesting that I complain to CNN is a waste of time because they don't care or listen to what viewers think.
- We get it, some people think AC is a Republican, and others disagree. Both sides believe they're right, fine. Can we now move on? Because this is really getting tedious.
Let's discuss AC and Ben instead!
- "I don't think it's the place of a news anchor to thank the President for supporting gay marriage."
When said person does several in depth reports criticizing the President and Vice President's mishandling of an important equal rights issue (as he himself said), then I do think it's his place to acknowledge the positive and enormously brave step that the President and Vice President took on the issue.
Especially someone who spends a lot of time focusing on bullying in the GLBT community. He, more than anyone else, should have spoken out about what a positive move forward this is in terms of acceptance in the gay community. And yes, say Obama did a good thing. Nothing personal about it.
Rachel Maddow has criticized the President numerous times over DADT and gay marriage, yet took the time to praise Obama for the repeal and the endorsement. And don't tell me she's a "news personality" while he's a "news anchor". They both deal with current events on their own shows. No difference at all.
But again, you show me where's he called out Romney over being against gay marriage.
- Fine by me, R297. I'm over this conversation anyway. I've said all that I had to say on the topic.
But it looks like r298 is determined to keep it alive.
- I was actually over the conversation when I posted R291 for the record. Back to AC and Ben.
- Ok R300 back to AC and Ben. I thought it was strange on Anderson's show yesterday (and repeated today as well) when Anderson showed the photo of himself with the eyepatch on and joked that it was his new Match.com photo. I was thinking, would a married man say that? I don't think so. Not that they're married but they are in a committed relationship. Why would he say that? I think AC and Ben are a cute couple but I thought that comment weird.
- I agree R298.
- R301, you know they're not monogamous - a certain Central Park candid could've told you that.
- [quote]I'm over this conversation anyway. I've said all that I had to say on the topic.
Too bad that didn't happen at noon today.
- Well whatever the story was behind that photo, AC obviously forgave him because they're still together. I'm just curious if anyone else thought that was a strange thing for him to say? Maybe he's trying to make Ben jealous.
- No offense R305, but you're a straight woman being a bit too literal here. As a gay man, I took AC's comment as what it was, a joke. I wouldn't read too much into it if I were you.
By the way, Ben posted more pics on his Instagram. He's got quite an eye for photography.
- I just chocked that up to AC knowing he has the freedom to give the impression that he's single since he's never officially publicly acknowledged being in a relationship with Ben or anyone else for that matter, BUT I have no doubt that AC and Ben are exclusive.
- I forgot, no one's allowed to question AC and Ben's status here. What are we allowed to discuss where they are concerned then?
- [quote]What are we allowed to discuss where they are concerned then?
Ben's big dick!
- R309 :)
- Enough with Anderson and Ben. We're over it.
Moving on to Kathie Lee and Hoda. Do you think the kids will try to get in her AA by the end of the year?
- Since when does R311 speak for everyone? I'm here to say that I'm NOT "over" it and will talk about whatever I please here.
- Anderson started his show tonight by going after 3 Republicans senators who flip-flopped by voting no on the American Disability Treaty. He also singled out Rick Santorum for making false statements about how this treaty would allow the UN to gain oversight over healthcare and interfere with the US Federal state laws. He brought back John Kerry to further his point. So much for AC being a conservative toadie...
- Who's going to go against that treaty other than nutty, far right lunatics like Santorum and his ilk? Even some Republicans supported the treaty. AC sometimes leans right on the show and goes against the President, but he's not INSANE.
- He is a Republican. And I'm not discussing the issue any further.
R311 Since the thread is about Anderson and Kathy Lee and Hoda, it makes perfect sense to talk about Kathie Lee. Something different for a change.
I think things haven't been the same since she left Regis. And the work she has had done is showing that she isn't aging gracefully.
How old is Frank anyway?
- Talk about K&H, but don't tell others they can't talk about AC and Ben. Ben's in AC's life and the subject is going to come up.
- Exactly, R316.
- I tell you, having AC publicly out makes his daytime show much more lively and fun. I was crack up when he makes some type of innuedo about his sexuality. The cohost and audience laughs too.
His producer Terrence though is super "out" he sounds like he could be part of a liza minnelli fan club or something! lol
- I agree R318, I just heard him with Lisa Rinna and that toy demonstration, "keep pumping, keep pumping - that's the first time I've ever said that to a woman"! And his funny reaction to Rinna when she said she "I shot my wad". I think being out has made him more open and relaxed, but it also may be about his show going off the air and he's just decided to let it all hang out for the hell of it. I do think Anderson has always had a risque sense of humor, even back in the WNN days, but now he's more willing to show it more.
Terrance really reminds me of Andy Cohen every time I see him. He seems extremely hung up on Honey Boo Boo.
- [quote]lisa rinna @lisarinna
@andersoncooper said his talk show today was dirtier than its ever been. I take that as a compliment. :)
- Terrence is Flaming as hell no offense lol I'm not saying it as like I don't know gay friends like that but I bet he's a judy Garland and her daughter fan and probably founded the fan clubs! lol
- Yeah, Terrence doesn't hold back either. I think a lot of people didn't know AC was gay for a long time because he didn't act the way Terrence does, you would only see a tiny glimpse of it every now and then, but he's more subdued.
- AC was more subtle because of his personality and maybe the nature of his work as being a anchor or reporter, you aren't allowed to be too "flaming" in that postion. AC also didn't change his voice to sound steroetypical gay so that "threw" some people off too. But I first started follwing AC in April or so of 2007 on 60 minutes. He did the "stop snitching" story and I always felt then that he was different. Masking something, the posing, the squinted eyes, tight tee shirts. Something that faux or perhaps a sub behavior or masculine gay act of a man who wasn't fully comfortable of being "out" but wouldn't quite deny it either.
- Poor 88angel is having a meltdown now that AC is showing his true gay colors.
- I thought today's show was very funny, especially Andy's reaction to Lisa's comment about blowing her wad. Although I must say Lisa's lips were a bit distracting.
- [quote]I always felt then that he was different. Masking something, the posing, the squinted eyes, tight tee shirts. Something that faux or perhaps a sub behavior or masculine gay act of a man who wasn't fully comfortable of being "out" but wouldn't quite deny it either
Anderson said when he came out that he was never uncomfortable about being gay, but I always felt he was because he couldn't really be upfront about it.
- AC just had a really great discussion on 360 with Jeffrey Toobin about the Supreme Court's decision to take up the issue of gay marriage.
- Anyone who hides their sexuality is uncomfortable with it.
- R328 how many times does it need to be said here? He never hid his sexuality. His friends, family, coworkers and everyone here on DL I'm sure knew he was gay. He travels to countries WHERE THEY KILL GAY PEOPLE. Why is it so hard to understand why he never made a public statement about his sexual orientation? He has said he wanted to protect his coworkers who may have been in dangerous situations with him. Watch his recent interview with David Letterman, which is probably on You Tube where he talks about this.
- blah, blah, blah
- [quote]Anyone who hides their sexuality is uncomfortable with it.
Given how often Anderson alludes to being gay on his show, I doubt he can be accused of being uncomfortable with his sexuality. If anything, he loves being gay.
- He is most definitely NOT uncomfortable with his sexuality now, R331 is right, he seems to love to emphasize just how gay he is on a daily basis on the talk show.
Jeff Toobin's over making predictions after his Obamacare SCOTUS debacle.
When AC's doing 360, I completely forget about his lighter talk show persona, it takes some skill to be able pull that off. He's so different on 360, with the exception of the Ridiculist maybe.
- [quote]He never hid his sexuality.
That's right, r329. And that's the exact reason he never prepared a coming out statement for Andrew Sullivan. That coming out statement doesn't exist because Anderson Cooper was [bold]always out.[/bold]
And when it comes to Ben Maisani, they're [bold]always together.[/bold] We know all your themes, R329.
- I can't believe you're still going on and on about this, R333. Now that Anderson is out, you can take a chill pill and relax.
- Thank you R334.
- [quote]I can't believe you're still going on and on about this,
I can't believe you're too stupid to note that 333 is merely a reply to R329 who is "still going on and on about this." Isn't it time, R334, to put a stop to this lie about the recently out Cooper?
- I don't know what you're problem is R336 but maybe Anderson turned you down late one night or something. Get over it. You can either believe him when he says he was out to his friends and family or not. I really don't care what you think. But you don't have to spread your venom here.
- Stop your moronic kvetching R337.
Raymond Burr was out to his partner and their friends of many decades. Tab Hunter was out to Rudolf Nureyev and other friends. Anthony Perkins was out to Tab Hunter and some other friends.
You know very well those men were NOT OUT!!!! Isn't it time to stop your idiocy 337?
Why did Anderson Cooper write that e-mail to Anderew Sullivan? Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows he wrote it to come OUT!!!!
- yes R338 he wrote it to come OUT to whatever idiots in the the western world were left who didn't already know he was out. But as he said in that Letterman interview if he's captured in a place like Iraq or Afghanistan the first thing they do is google his name. And guess what comes up? The fact that he's gay. He said he didn't want to endanger his life or the lives of the people he's with (his cameraman, producer etc.) Is this so hard to understand? He felt that he HAD to come out because he was worried people thought he was ashamed of being gay and he has said that isn't the case. What are we really arguing about here? Do you despise him because it took him too long to come out? Isn't that his choice? What is the problem here?
- [quote]he wrote it to come OUT
[bold]EXACTLY!!!!!! "He wrote it to come OUT"[/bold] R339.
Cooper and Letterman discussed why he remained in the closet. Where did anyone indicate they despise him? That's all part of your very overactive imagination. Do you like to create conflict to accompany the lies posted by people here?
[quote]What are we really arguing about here? Do you despise him
Why do you need someone to tell you what you are discussing? The topic in this segment of the thread is the lies posted that claim Anderson Cooper was "out" - not like or dislike of Cooper. Are you unable to comprehend this fact? Will you continue to post silly claims of despising Cooper? How long have you been a Cooperfrau?
- R340 calling me a "Cooperfrau" is your way of taking attention away from your obsession with Anderson's personal life. Was it really that upsetting to you that he didn't get on AC360 and say "I'm Gay"? Because that's what it sounds like. You totally ignored everything else I said in my post about the dangers of going to places like Iraq as an opening gay journalist. I guess you would be more than happy to go there yourself and get on a soapbox and tell the machine-gun toting Jihadists that you gay? Have fun while they're hanging you upside down by your feet and cutting off your genitals.
- R339, it's no use arguing with R338/r340 because she's an irrational nut who has to have the last word in every conversation. She's still ranting about Anderson not being out six months after the fact because that's all she's got against him, and can't let go of what used to be her main talking point around here. Sad, really.
- "openly gay" not "opening gay". :(
- Let's go back to talking about Ben and Anderson.
[quote]Anderson Cooper was seen dancing and cuddling with his boyfriend Benjamin Maisani in the front row of Madonna's MDNA Tour at Madison Square Garden in NYC. At one point, Ben had his arm around Anderson, nuzzled his ear and had his hand on the anchor/talk show host's backside.
- Approaching 350 responses to this nothing thread?
People, Anderson Cooper is not going to marry you and make you a rich socialite. It's not going to happen, so stop stalking him.
- Of course he was closeted until he came out. He knows this. Everyone sane knows this.
- Thanks for that link R344, they even look good from behind. They're still very much into each other after 4 (or more) years.
- Why is it that, six months after he came out, people are still attempting to claim AC was never in the closet?
He bravely came out to Andrew Sullivan, yet there are still deniers about him being in the closet. If he was already out, he would not have written that very touching letter to Sully.
AC discussed, with David Letterman, the fact that he had been in the closet, yet the fraus like R337 - R339 - R341 - R343 don't want that discussed. They want to rewrite history to make him into a life-long champion of gay rights who saved his entire staff from being murdered in foreign lands.
- Thank you for that link R344, that's quite a find. I think this is the first time that someone manages to catch AC and Ben being affectionate, in public no less. I wonder what the angry Cesarfrau who's always ranting about them not looking like a couple in pics and claiming that they're walking 10 foot apart from each other will have to say about this one! It's going to be pretty tough to spin that Ben looks like Anderson's bodyguard when his hand is resting on AC's ass, lol!
- [quote] I wonder what the angry Cesarfrau who's always ranting about them not looking like a couple in pics and claiming that they're walking 10 foot apart from each other will have to say about this one!
She's been surprisingly silent lately, and I doubt she'll have much to say about this pic, since as you pointed out, there's no way for her to deny what's going here. I found another pic on that website where Ben is holding Anderson in his arms:
- Kathie Lee & Hoda
- R344 Bens was probabaly telling AC something by having his hand on his butt. Like later tonight when we get home.... mmmm mmm LOL
- There are more pics of AC and Ben, some with Kelly Ripa, and even one with Rosie O'Donnell from that concert.
- [quote]Raymond Burr was out to his partner
Well, that was pretty daring of him.
- Those are great pics R353, Ben is all hands when it comes to AC, he can't get enough of him and even Kelly's getting in on the AC-luv. Although it may not appear that AC's being as affectionate with Ben as he is with him, if you look close, you can see that AC looks like he's holding Ben's hand or touching his leg and maybe even sitting on his lap in some of the pics, it's just another example of how in love and bonded that they are.
- Wow, I never thought I would see a pic of Anderson and Ben being affectionate and cuddly like that. They had to know that people were watching since they were in front of the stage at a big concert. I wonder if they knew they were being photographed and just didn't care. AC sure has relaxed a lot since coming out.
- They were both wishing they could get cuddly with Mr. Consuelos instead.
- Doubt that VERY much R357, they seem to be totally into each other only, like they just met and it's been almost five years now.
- On the second pic in the last row, some woman is taking a pic of the whole group and Ben didn't try to stay out of the shot, he's got his arm around Anderson. I guess if the woman was from a magazine or something, he wouldn't pose with them? Or maybe that's something in the past now.
- [quote]you can see that AC looks like he's holding Ben's hand or touching his leg and maybe even sitting on his lap in some of the pics, it's just another example of how in love and bonded that they are
Bastard! Anderson was never that affectionate with me in any of the 3 pics that were taken during our short time together!
- LOL, r360.
- He wasn't in love with Cesar, that's the difference.
- [quote]He wasn't in love with Cesar, that's the difference.
The Cesarfrau isn't going to like this one bit, lol!!!
- Looks like Anderson might be losing his anchoring gig at CNN. He probably will not be happy about that.
- Too early to tell R364
- Well of course he's not going to be happy, IF it's true and that remains to be seen.
- [quote] IF it's true and that remains to be seen
That's a big IF, considering that the source is the NYPost, which is always so eager to print anything that will make Anderson look bad, regardless of its accuracy. Let's wait and see what happens, shall we?
- The only reason we've seen AC being affectionate with his trade is because he has nothing else to lose. Nobody is watching his shows and everything he touches since he's been with Ben has failed. His career is destroyed.
And as far as Cesar is concered. You have to be a complete imbecile to say that AC was not madly in love with Cesar. That was a bait comment anyways. You don't live and share your life with someone for 6 years and not love them. Unless your'e psychotic.
EITHER WAY CESAR COULD CARE LESS?
- Looks like AC may be living in a box by summer possibly losing both of his shows. It seems like everything AC has tried professionally since dating Ben the past 3 years has failed. Maybe the grass is not always greener on the other side of the track. Maybe he gloated too much about his all of his fancy houses. The universe has a funny way of humbling you. Failure has a funny way of hitting you over the head and waking you up. Maybe Cesar and his partner are sitting back watching all of this self-destruction.
- Oh shut up R368/369, no matter what you say, AC will always have a better life than YOU even if he loses all his jobs. He has money and love and 60 Minutes and a LIFE. He will always find work. All YOU have is your bizarre obsessed love/hate thing for him. That's the only thing that keeps you alive. You are pathetic.
- And something must've hit YOU over the head R369 considering how crazy you are.
- [quote]You have to be a complete imbecile to say that AC was not madly in love with Cesar.
Dear delusional Cesarfrau, why do you make shit up like this? There's absolutely no proof that Anderson was "madly in love" with Cesar. And we all know how his "love" for Cesar didn't last very long! But keep living in the past if that makes you feel better about the present, Cesarfrau!
[quote] You don't live and share your life with someone for 6 years and not love them
How do you know that AC and Cesar were together for that long? As to sharing their life together, since AC was constantly seen dating other guys around the time he was supposed to be with Cesar, I don't think they were spending that much time together, nor does it look like they were living together.
[quote]Looks like AC may be living in a box by summer possibly losing both of his shows
No, it doesn't look that way at all, but I guess you keep confusing the voices in your head with reality. I can guarantee you that whatever happens to him, AC will definitely NEVER be living in a box. You, on the other hand...
[quote]Maybe he gloated too much about his all of his fancy houses.
When has Anderson ever gloated about "all of his fancy houses"? Did he personally sent you a letter "gloating" about his wealth, you poor crazy Cesarfrau?
[quote]everything he touches since he's been with Ben has failed
So now the delusional Cesarfrau blames Ben for Anderson's career choices? Is Ben also responsible for 9/11?
- Lol @r372! The perfect response to R368/r369's insane posts.
- Yes R372 I was about to attempt a similar dissection of the "Cesarfrau's" posts but you beat me to it. BTW this "rumor" about Zucker replacing Anderson is just that, a rumor.
- Yes R374, somebody in the other thread said that he attended a taping of Anderson's talk show and that an audience member asked AC about the NYPost item that claimed that Zucker was putting Ann Curry in his time slot. Anderson said it was all bullshit, and pointed out that the NYPost is owned by Rupert Murdoch.
- I love how the CesarFrau goes on and on about Anderson being madly in love with Cesar, just when the very first pics of AC being affectionate with a man (Ben, the one who's been seen and photographed with AC way more often than anyone else before) in public turn up. Give it up CesarFrau, whatever Cesar was to AC, it's all in the past and it certainly was never half as meaningful to him as his relationship with Ben is.
- Anyone saw today's show when Ian Mckellen complimented President Obama for passing anti disrimination laws for glbt people and endorsing gay marriage, AC's reaction was rather odd. He ignored MCkellen's comment and put his head down and made a grimace like type expression with his face. It doesn't seem to matter to AC that Obama is on his "side" in terms of rights.
- You're totally projecting your own bias, r377. I saw the show today and I certainly didn't see the reaction that you describe. Anderson didn't make a grimace at all, he actually agreed with Ian McKellen.
- I see Anderson has the second home he bought on LI up for rent. Where are all the posters that said he bought it as a birthday present for Ben? He bought it because that's where he and Ben would be married and it would be used for Ben's family when they came for the wedding? Or my favorite, that he was going to build a hallway connecting the two houses!
- No need to be smart ass R379, no one was claiming to know for sure what Anderson was planning to do with his second home in the the Hamptons. Those posters you're talking about were just offering various explanations as to what he would do with two homes in the same location. I don't remember anyone claiming to have actual insider's info.
Now we know that Anderson is going to rent that second house during the summer, but what will he do with it the rest of the year? We know that he and Ben go to the Hamptons throughout the year, not just during the winter, so that second house could still be used by Ben's family when they're visiting.
- Just watched the clip of AC that R377 was referring to and I would guess that Anderson didn't have much of a reaction to what McKellan said about President Obama because of not wanting to look like he favors one political side over the other, I just think he's always very conscious of that and his instinct is to hold back or put on his poker face whenever politics comes up.
BTW, Ben is following "Barack Obama News" on Twitter, so I know AC must get an earful about the President and liberal views from him.
- He hasn't had any African-American co-hosts on the show for a few weeks, maybe they blame them for the low ratings and are just going to have white/Latina women co-hosting for the remainder of the shows or maybe he has put his foot down and since the show's cancelled he's not going to work with anyone he's not comfortable with. I've noticed the women he's brought back to the show to co-host and those he hasn't, he hasn't brought back ANY black women co-hosts and he has a lot of black female fans.
- Anderson has been doing some great reporting from CT. What an awful tragedy.
- 360 was very moving last night. They couldn't show the interview that Anderson did with the parents of one of the victims because of technical problems, but it will be shown tonight. They showed a clip last night, it looks like such a sad and powerful interview.
- I can't wait for that interview either, r384. Anderson has been very good covering this horrible news story.
- I want to see it too, I was sorry they had technical issues.
- Anderson's talk show is gone.
He may lose his CNN show, too.
Who can blame him for boozing.
Maybe he can get a gig with Kathie Lee and Hoda?
- R387, when will YOU be gone?
- Anderson is pissed that he didn't get kidnapped like Richard Engel. It would have been a ratings bonanza.
- Shut up R389 with that bullshit.
- [quote]Shut up R389 with that bullshit.
Heh! The Anderfrau at R390 can't take a joke about her idol. The ferret-faced albino needs Connie Chung to teach him how to get ratings.
Ben's kissing FB
- Heh heh! Honey, YOU are the joke around here R391 with your insane obsession with attacking Anderson 24/7 and bringing up non-entity Connie Chung, as if anyone is dying for her to come back. Only in your warped, bizarre "mind". Even IF Anderson had a so-called ferret face, it would still look better than your tore up mug - is that what's killing you sweetie?
- Have you lost your mind R392. You forgot to accuse me of being 88angel. You're really slipping, old girl.
- You bore me R393. And as far as slipping goes, you slipped over into insane a LONG time ago. I'm not going waste any more time with you so bye nutty trollina.
- Come back! Come back R394. Speaking as an official "Multiple" and a truly demented Cesar-lover, I demand that you return so that I can live up to your 24/7 attack claims. We need your brilliance to shine in this important thread.
- Any recent sightings of AC and Ben?
- No recent sightings, but AC has been busy working in Newtown every day since Saturday.
I wonder if AC and Ben will go anywhere for Christmas this year, or stay in New York like they did last year.
- [quote] He hasn't had any African-American co-hosts on the show for a few weeks,
Who would know that. Most people stopped watching months ago. But it is very interesting YOU count the number of whites vs. Latinos, vs blacks that are on the show. You sound like you belong over in the storm front blog. By the way how many gays has he had on the show co- hosting with him? That's the bigger question.
N O N E!
[quote]I've noticed the women he's brought back to the show to co-host and those he hasn't, he hasn't brought back ANY black women co-hosts and he has a lot of black female fans.
I doubt if black women are kicking and screaming and beating down the studio doors trying to co-host a show with a host that sucks and a show that sucks. Trust me he is no Denzel Washington and most heterosexual black women hate gays and the gay lifestyle anyway.
- [quote] maybe he has put his foot down and since the show's cancelled he's not going to work with anyone he's not comfortable with.
Clearly if he is uncomfortable with any group of people including black women it shows us he has very LOW self-esteem and can't hold his own. This is probably one of the reason his show is being cancelled. Maybe mommy bought his career after all. But I'm thinking since the show is trash and has been cancelled nobody of "IMPORTANCE" wants to waste their time to be on it to promote their projects including black female celebrities. Ellen and The Steve Harvey show is the place to be along with the Wendy Williams show. The first 2 shows I mentioned are receiving very high ratings.
- [quote]By the way how many gays has he had on the show co- hosting with him?
He had Andy Cohen as his co-host.
[quote]most heterosexual black women hate gays and the gay lifestyle anyway.
I don't know which is worse in your comment, the latent racism or the latent homophobia. You're a cunt, R398/r399.
- I am sure after this week, Christmas will be spent quietly. All three ways will be cancelled.
- Anderson's interview with the parents of Grace McDonnell, one of the young Sandy Hook victims, finally aired tonight on 360. It was incredibly touching and brought me to tears. To go from watching this and then come here and read R398/r399's insane, obnoxious, idiotic comments, really drove home for me how truly pathetic such deranged haters are. I wish there was a way to ban such a hateful cunt.
- Why do so many here despise Anderson? Am I missing something? Is it jealousy or something else? I'm relatively new here and I've read a lot of posts like those on the previous page but I don't get it. Is it because he took too long to come out or is it because he came out? Is this just a troll trying to incite people? I like Anderson. By no means do I think he's perfect as a reporter/news anchor but I think he's sincere and tries to do the right thing. And he makes me laugh. But this week he's made me cry with his reports from Newtown.
- AC has been fantastic in the coverage of Sandy Hook this week.
[quote]and then come here and read [R398]/[R399]'s insane, obnoxious, idiotic comments, really drove home for me how truly pathetic such deranged haters are. I wish there was a way to ban such a hateful cunt.
Add R401 to that list too.
R403, I'll try to explain what I've observed over the past 7-8 years of being an admirer of Anderson, maybe someone else can explain it better later on. There are a few or perhaps only one vile person who has been knocking around the AC fan community for a few years or so and this person (or persons) is obsessed with AC to the point of insanity. What's crazy about it is that she has no respect for him as a person or reporter, thinks he's a worthless, overpaid, lazy famewhore who has achieved nothing of significance and has only gotten where he is because he's a Vanderbilt. She totally discounts his actual work history/accomplishments as a reporter and tries to minimize their value, she believes his colleagues resent him and she frequently compares him unfavorably to the likes of Connie Chung, Aaron Brown, Don Lemon or any number of reporters. She hates anyone he's friends (especially female friends) with and despises his current bf who is the scum of the earth in her eyes and is only out to use AC for his own devious purposes (truth be told, she's really only angry because Ben is THE one and AC loves him to death and she can't do anything about it). She delights in the thought that AC will be left destitute, out of work and utterly humiliated at some point and is licking her chops for that moment to arrive. She believes he deserves no success whatsoever, only scorn and negativity. In spite of all this, she is utterly CONSUMED by an unstoppable obsession with him. There are people here who have genuine issues with Anderson and don't care for him in any capacity, but THOSE people don't spend huge chunks of their lives obsessing over how much they hate him, for them, it's an observation here and there and they're done, they go on with their lives and don't live to start threads about how pathetic AC is or hunt for threads that will guarantee that shit will be flung in his direction by other DLers on a daily basis to make themselves feel better about their own lives. These people are NORMAL critics of AC. Most of the negative AC threads/comments here are a product of this person's insane and scary mindset. The anti-AC troll who posts here and other sites that feature AC is most certainly NOT normal, she is hateful towards him and those of us who enjoy him and his work. Logic and reason don't register with her, she is a vile, nasty and probably dangerous AC stalker/hater who is incredibly twisted and mostly pathetic, she needs help desperately, but has this air of superiority and tries to pass herself off as the one who has everything right when she most certainly doesn't. Anderson's not perfect as you say, but NOTHING he's done warrants the kind of sustained and crazed vitriol that has eminated from the hateful anti-AC troll(s) over the years.
- Thank you R404 for your informative answer. That clears things up a bit.
- You've described only one person R404. What about the other side of the coin? Is it blank? Is there no person who attacks anyone who mentions something that's not in praise of Anderson?
- Thank you R404 for your detailed and eloquent description of the obsessed Anti-AC Troll, whose behavior is very familiar to anyone who posts here on a semi-regular basis.
R406, no one comes close to the Anti-AC Troll when it comes to attacking other posters. I have yet to witness anything even remotely comparable coming from the "other side of the coin". I don't think anyone expect constant praise for Anderson, especially not on DL where he's been a target of scorn for not being publicly out for so long. If you can find actual examples of someone viciously and repeatedly attacking other posters simply because they don't praise AC, please identify such comments because I don't think there's any equivalent to the behavior of the Anti-AC Troll.
- The anti-AC troll is also known as the CesarFrau, because she's obsessed with Anderson's ex, as she keeps bringing him up in conversations and is always arguing that he was the one true love of AC's life (as opposed to Ben, whom she deeply hates and accuses of all sorts of evil schemes and designs, like a bad serial villain!).
- It's good to know that anything said against Anderson Cooper is all the work of one person.
- [quote]It's good to know that anything said against Anderson Cooper is all the work of one person.
Nobody said that, r409, but I guess you know that already. You're just pretending not to understand what we're talking about here. The real question is, why would you go out of your way to deflect attention from the Anti-AC Troll by pretending that the issue is simply one of hypersensitivity to any criticism of Anderson? Because you know full well that this is simply not the case.
- AC is kinda carrying on his daytime show like its not cancelled or maybe there is relief that it is? He or any of the cohost hasn't mention it, maybe he's hoping for a reverse decision?
- I guess he's just being professional and maybe mentioning the cancellation just puts a damper on things because he has to continue with the time he has on the stations across the country and they probably don't want that mentioned too much. The right time to say something will be on the final show, but he might be talking to the audience about it now in between commercials or whatever. I wish the decision could be reversed myself.
Well looks like AC will have an African-American co-host coming up soon.
- What is the big deal about Anderson and black cohost? He has had D.L. hugley, Gabrelle Union, a local reporter woman, nene of course. A black actress, I forget her name but she is known to play in Tyler Perry movies... I think some people on this site try to make AC to be a racist and I think that is outrageous and far from the truth! He has said his personal hero was a black man, Gordon Parks. When did this racist nonsense even come about?
- He just said that he's glad he was born gay because it gives him a certain perspective and an outlook that is unique and he wouldn't want to change it for the world. That's a pretty strong statement, as strong as his coming out letter, IMO.
- when did he say that R414
I think the most powerful statement from him or any other gay person who came out was "I'm gay, always have been, always will be." I couldn't be any more comfortable, happy with myself and proud."
That was like whoa... kiss my ass bigots! lol
- He said it near the end of the show. He was talking to a little person who objected to another person having their limbs lengthened and AC said something about it's better to be accepting of your differences instead of trying to change them and then he made that statement about how he'd never want to change being gay.
- That was a great statement, r416. I really like him so much more now that he's out. I never expected him to talk about being gay so often and so openly, and I couldn't be prouder or happier for him. I remember people on DL swearing that Hell would freeze over before Anderson would come out and talk freely about being gay, and boy were they wrong!
- But he also spoke yesterday about his fear of being kidnapped when talking about Richard Engel's kidnapping. I'm certain that is a major reason why he didn't "come out" sooner. He said that was his biggest fear when reporting in a dangerous country like Iraq, Afghanistan etc.
- Do Anderson and Richard know each other "professionally"?
- I never heard anything about them being friends or that they even know each other, but AC expressed how happy he was that Engel was freed on the show.
- I think you might be right r418. It's interesting that he decided to come out now that he no longer go to all those deeply homophobic countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, where being an openly gay journalist would be a huge liability. I believe Anderson is at a point in his life when he doesn't really have to prove anything to anyone, he's gone to a lot of dangerous places in the world already, and he may be thinking of traveling less to such places, and spend more time at home. The fact that he's been with Ben for many years and that they seem pretty happy together probably also factored in his decision to come out.
- Yes, I think he's probably going to travel less for work, he seems very settled with Ben.
- You sound like a broken record [R421] and [R422] Yes and they will live happily ever after together in a box because at this stage in AC's life he's so lousy at what he does everything he touches gets cancelled. We all know AC came out because he wanted BIG ratings but the viewers turned their noses up at him because they knew his AGENDA. It wasn't sincere. I'm sure he's pissed the public has turned their backs on him.
- I have to say I have been watching Piers Morgan for the past week. He has been kicking ass and taking names giving it to the NRA representatives. He's been so passionate about the shootings and he's not even american. His show is the only show worth watching on CNN. I'm so glad somebody on CNN is growing some balls aside from Don Lemon. Those are the types of people I choose to support.
- [quote]Those are the types of people I choose to support.
And yet here you are again r424, posting on an AC thread! Funny how you never spend much time, if any at all, posting on the (very few) threads about Don Lemon (your idol, apparently) or about Piers (your new hero, bless your heart you poor dear!), but never miss a chance to swoop down on any of the AC threads and bore us to death with your claim that you stopped watching him long ago! Speaking of broken record, you take the cake, dear r423/r424.
You really need to get a life and stop obsessing about Anderson Cooper. He's doing just fine, living his life as an openly gay man, happily in love with his bf of 4 years, and doing a remarkable job covering the tragedy in Newtown. What do you do all day besides come here and whine like a little homophobic bitch, R424?
- Thank you R404 for making it clear that one person is behind all the anti-AC problems. And thanks to R408, we now know her other nickname. Now it all makes sense.
- [quote]Thank you [R404] for making it clear that one person is behind all the anti-AC problems
And thank you for repeating yourself, r426. You already posted that very intelligent comment (r409), and as I told you myself before, you're being obtuse on purpose. I guess the Anti-AC Troll should also thank you for going out of your way to defend her by making fun of those (like me) who are sick of her bullshit. And of yours too. So thank you for your participation to this thread, it is truly invaluable!
- [quote]I guess the Anti-AC Troll should also thank you for going out of your way to [bold]defend[/bold] her
Yes, I couldn't stop myself from heaping praise on that wonderful person. As you know Anderfrau troll, we all admire her so much R427.
Is that tin hat a bit tight on you, Dearie? You're oozing a lot of yellow - ...R229, R233, R241, R244, R248, R259, R309, R317, R383, R385, R407, R410, R417, R421, R425.
- Interesting that r428 keeps trying to deflect attention from the obvious troll on this thread by directing all his sarcasm at the posters who take issue with her insane personal vendetta against all things AC. I can't help but wonder why.
- Another thread that reveals the extreme mental illnesses of the Benderson fanbots.
None of you idiots own guns, do you?
- Once again, it's the same ol' games on an AC thread: first the crazy anti-AC Troll gets called out for her tiresome insanity, then the usual cast of apologists jump in and attack the posters who dared to call the crazy bitch out, and now the cycle is complete with R430 directing his wrath at the "Benderson fanbots".
Let's go back to discussing AC and Ben instead, shall we? In particular, let's talk about this pic showing Ben holding Anderson in his arms while watching Madonna perform on stage. Not too long ago, such a scenario would have been considered fantasy material for desperate Anderfangurls, but now we have an actual picture of this. Is this what's pissing off some people around here?
- But you do realize the "apologists" is just the crazy anti-AC troll talking to herself R431, because that's what it is.
I agree about the pics of Ben being affectionate towards AC, but I'd still like to see AC being more demonstrative publicly. Are there any pics of AC with HIS arm around Ben, because it seems to me that Ben is the one who's still more comfortable about showing public affection. AC hasn't quite taken it as far yet, but he's getting there.
- Some people or persons keep making AC seem like a racist and I think its pathetic. Sure AC isn't an angel but there is no evidence that he is a Racist or has anything against black people. Some dumb arguement came up about him having less black cohost. He's had several! The people making these accucations just try to throw everything negative towards AC without having any merit or reason. Maybe they can't deal with their own self loathing or are anti gay posers on this site. Who knows.
- They probably hate the fact that Anderson is openly gay and are coming up with all sorts of BS accusations to make him look bad, r433. They can't deal with the fact that he's being affectionate in public with his bf Ben, but since this is a gay gossip site, they can't attack him for that so they come up with fake allegations of racism.
- Ben was in the audience today. He two rows behind the girls talking about their downton abbey drinking game. If you pause it right as the girls sit down, you get a great shot of Ben smiling.
- R431 thanks for that pic. Wow Ben is quite muscular isn't he? I like that pic. It's nice to see them being somewhat affectionate.
and R435 I'm recording the show now. I'll look for Ben in the audience.
- I guess those people who kept saying that Ben was the game changer for AC were right after all. Anderson is now proudly out, so much so that he doesn't shy from being very affectionate with his bf at a very public event in front of thousands. This is such a change from the way Anderson used to be. Ben is truly the game changer that some have been saying he was all along.
I missed today's show R435, where can I find it online? I wonder how often Ben has attended AC's talk show.
- I saw him, but I wonder how often he's been in audience, maybe he wanted to meet the Downton Abbey cast. I wonder if AC introduced him to the audience?
- Ben is seated in those beige tweet seats that are right out front in a sort of prominent area. At some point AC might decide to acknowledge him publicly on the show.
- yes I just watched the show and saw Ben in the audience. I'm guessing they are both big Downton Abbey fans and Ben probably wanted to meet the cast and see the show in person. He looked cuter than I thought he was (going on the photos I've seen of him).
- I agree, Ben looks better than in most of the pics I've seen. I spotted him in the audience right away, he's so cute! This is pretty much what everybody who's met him always says, that he looks much hotter in person.
- Jake Tapper is going to CNN for an anchor role, so will he replace Anderson? Uh oh. Or maybe he'll be on in the morning. Anyhow I HATE Tapper - another reason for me to hate CNN now.
Jake is leaving ABC News for an opportunity at CNN. You’ll hear more about his new anchor role from his new network. For years, Jake has set the pace for the White House press corps. A ferocious reporter – and now a best-selling author – he has built a reputation as one of the most prolific and multi-talented journalists on the beat, scoring scoop after scoop. For the last three years his fellow White House correspondents have honored his work with a streak of Merriman Smith Awards for Presidential Coverage under Deadline Pressure.
- Was this one of those taped shows or did they do this episode of Anderson Live today?
- Yes, Ben is very good looking, they are a hot couple.
- I think it was one of the taped shows, r443.
- Ok thanks R445.
- You can also see Ben in this clip sitting behind where Anderson's standing.
- Ok it's a new show CNN's developing for Tapper, but still I wonder what time will it be on?
Thanks R447, it looks like one of those guys Ben's sitting with was with him on the Downton Abbey show too if that's Ben in the back with the blue shirt on in your clip.
- I guess Ben is now retired?
- Ok, Jake's going to anchor the 4 pm hour on CNN. I won't be watching.
- Here's the clip from today. Ben looks cute.
- So Ben has attended the show prior to the DA episode. I guess I'm going to start looking for him in the audience now. I don't think he was ever in the audience during AC's first season of daytime.
- Good eye R447. I saw that show but never noticed him.
R449 retired? I'm pretty sure he works nights since he runs a bar. Maybe he went straight to the taping from work.
- Ben looks absolutely adorable in that clip, r451. He should smile more often, he has a very sweet and sexy smile. He also looks younger (more boyish) than in some of the pics I've seen.
- Ben must hangout at the AL studio a lot and is friendly with the staff. AC's staff seem to be very upbeat even though they are losing their jobs.
- This show broadcasts at like 7am. Why would Ben be there if he works nights?
- The CesarFrau is going to have a meltdown over this sighting of Ben in the audience, lol!
- Ben doesn't have to be at the bar 24/7. He can make a taping.
- Does Cesar still live in the states?
- Actually the show tapes in the afternoon when it's not live, R456.
- R460 I think you're right about that and I know the Perks of Being a Wallflower show was pre-taped because I remember seeing clips of it before it aired. So that show would have been an afternoon show as well. Ben probably doesn't get up till noon or later.
- Someone was recently asking about a new sighting of AC and Ben, well, there he is in the audience of Anderson's talk show!
- This was in another thread:
[quote]Anderson Cooper dancing at the Roxy on many an evening (going back several years ago obviously). He definitely had a thing for young Latin guys.
Cesar has been classified as black or blatino, but he's probably one of those Dominicans who don't classify themselves as black, only Latin(Soledad had a show on this recently) and AC probably didn't see him as black but latin. This is more debunking of the rumors about AC and black men. He only dated Latin guys and was never into black men as the old rumors suggested (some even said he had a PREFERENCE for black guys which was not true). I've never seen Anderson with any black men in all of the time he's been famous and he's always been seen with white or Latin men.
- I don't know why some people are so hell-bent on painting Anderson as some weirdo rich white dude with a dark skin fetish. As a person of color, I find it borderline offensive for both sides. Why does it have to be about a (rich, older) white man objectifying "the other" (a younger, darker man)? What happened to the notion of being attracted to someone because of who they are, regardless of their skin color or ethnic background? In any case, judging by AC's dating history, it's clear that he hasn't been exclusive to one ethnic group: he dated 2 Caucasian guys (Steve and Ben), and one Latino (Cesar). I don't understand how that makes him into the creepy white guy hungry for dark meat that some people around here want him to be.
- BTW this episode with Kathie Lee where AC gets drunk is being replayed on Tuesday. I'm actually surprised they're even having a show on Christmas but its a rerun at any rate.
- AC is whiter than white. He wouldn't have anything in common with a black man and its still more acceptable for A- gays to date a Latin and not a black man. ACs main circle of friends include no blacks. Look who he hangs with and travels with the most so why were those rumors ever started? He has no interaction with black men or women outside of work.
- R466 what does him being "whiter than white" have to do with him dating a black man? I do not think he's racist like some here seem to think. Just because he hasn't been seen walking hand in hand with a black man doesn't make him racist. And I have no idea whom he hangs out with other than Ben, Kelly Ripa and Andy Cohen. But I'm pretty sure he has more friends than that. How do we know he doesn't have any black friends?
- Some people are trying really hard to paint AC in a negative light, so the fact that he never dated an African-American is deemed enough of a proof that he's racist. This is ridiculous. Just because a white man hasn't dated a black person doesn't make him racist.
- The notion that AC is guilty of racism because he has dated mostly other white guys is idiotic. If that's all it takes to be labeled a racist, then how come such charges aren't being leveled at Ellen for only having white girlfriends? Why aren't NPH, Rosie, Matt Bomer, Elton John, Rachel Maddow, Ian McKellen, Jodie Foster, David Geffen, Thomas Robert, etc... being accused of racism too, since all those people have only been known to have white partners? Why singling out Anderson then?
Oh, because the anti-AC troll who has made it her personal mission to find fault with every single thing Anderson does or doesn't do, that's why! Of course, how could I forget that around here?
- It's not that he's a racist, it's that the old rumor here of him having a preference or a fetish for black men made no sense considering his lifestyle, interests, circle of friends or whatever. No matter how smart or worldly some people are, there are still cultural differences, outlooks and interests that complicate relationships, especially the black-white relationship and there are plenty of racist gay white men out there (maybe even in AC's circle) who wouldn't feel comfortable having an African American as part of their group. Don't pretend like there isn't racism in the A-gay community in NYC, don't pretend like there are a lot of African Americans at those exclusive functions that AC sometimes attends, there aren't. Remember someone said AC led a compartmentalized life before Ben? He was probably keeping folks like Cesar away from his high society friends/functions, but Ben is accepted. Times have changed but that doesn't mean it's a utopia, even in AC's world.
- So AC has mostly dated white guys, why is that a big deal? As R469 said, most famous gay people also date people of their own race. It doesn't make them racist. Now just because one is white, one should obligated to date other races for fear of being accused of racism?
[quote]He was probably keeping folks like Cesar away from his high society friends/functions
There might have been other reasons apart from his skin color for that. Maybe Cesar wasn't very polished, or maybe he was awkward in social situations? There could be a lot of other factors at play explaining why AC didn't bring him along to high society functions like he does with Ben now. It's not all about race, you know.
- So what was the purpose of those people claiming AC had a preference and a fetish for black men, that he "gravitated" towards black men? This was said here constantly by numerous people, even some who sounded like insiders. Why would anyone start a rumor like that, especially when he was mainly seen with Latin men back around 2000-2006 even though I never saw him with a single black man other than Cesar who probably didn't consider himself to be black?
- People claim a lot of things about AC on DL, r472, yet it doesn't mean that those rumors are actually true. There are a lot of fake insiders on those AC threads. If Anderson really had "a fetish for black men", then how come he's never been seen nor photographed with one? I think it's just one of those things that people like to make up about Anderson on DL, like the story that he had an extensive Hello Kitty collection (!?!). It's not like Anderson goes out of his way to hide who he's dating at any given time, so if he really had a thing for black guys, then there would be at least a couple of pics.
I also think that people like to exaggerate around here: just because AC did date one Latin man (Cesar), and was later linked to that dolphin trainer from the Real World Miami, doesn't mean that he's only attracted to Latinos. Yet that's exactly what some DLers would have you believe, regardless of the fact that before Cesar, Anderson was dating a white guy (Steve) for several years, and that he's been involved with another white dude ever since (Ben). Frankly, I'm surprised no one has started to spread the rumor that AC is only into French guys now. Maybe it's just a matter of time...
- There used to be a persistent rumor that he had a black bf while he was at ABC, but again, no real proof or pics of any kind. There are no pics of him with Steve Elzy either, but that's apparently a fact that they dated. My guess is that Anderson's never dated a black man and I believe this because he really doesn't seem comfortable around them.
- [quote]he really doesn't seem comfortable around them.
Really? Link please, 474.
- What's up with all this talk about AC and race? R474, where is your evidence that Anderson doesn't seem comfortable around black men? Just because he hasn't dated a black man doesn't mean he's "uncomfortable" around them.
- I've watched him over the years and he's not comfortable, he's a little on edge and tense with them.
- [quote]hipmamajenn We just walked next to Anderson Cooper. He is tres handsome. He was with his boo.
Maybe they're not traveling for the holidays?
- Pic of AC and Ben having lunch somewhere in NYC today. Ben has a beard.
- or maybe it's not Ben.
- R179 LOL like an old married couple AC's reading the paper. I wonder who was able to get so close to take that pic? But it's not really a beard. More like scruff.
- i meant "scruffy"
- Yes, they ARE an old married couple, secretly married.
- Secretly married my ass.
- They could be R484, been together a long time now.
- I really have no idea if AC and Ben are married or not, or if they're even interested in the idea. But I guess it could be possible for them to be secretly married, like Janet Jackson was for years. If she could manage to keep that marriage a secret, anything's possible.
- AC was throwing innuendo around today on his show about "chocolate" and I don't think he was referring to candy....
- [quote]AC was throwing innuendo around today on his show about "chocolate"
Why would he take a chance on innuendo about scat? I find that hard to believe.
- Not that. He was definitely referring to MEN. Gayle King or one of those Neely people said "once you go black, you never go back" and AC said "sweetie, you don't need to tell me that". He also said something about how he likes to slip in some chocolate every now and then. Well, AC had black but he did go back so it doesn't apply but it was funny that he'd even hint about it.
- Remember a few weeks ago when Anderson liked a photo on Instagram of a guy skating without a shirt on?
It looks like the same guy (Leo) in the photo r479 posted.
He was at the same Roger Waters concert in Sao Paolo which AC and Ben were at. His Instagram gallery shows he posted a close up of Anderson's yearbook photo (the one with the Yankees cap). He recently posted a photo of Bedlam too.
Sometimes I wonder if AC and Ben have an open relationship. I suppose it could explain those photos of Ben in the park.
- The guy looks a lot like Ben. Does AC need a clone around if Ben's unavailable? I remember that whoever took the guys photo made a snarky comment about AC "liking" it. There was a lot of confusion when those pics of Ben kissing other guy came out - some articles said AC and Ben were exclusive and some said they weren't, so who knows?
- [quote] ACs main circle of friends include no blacks. Look who he hangs with and travels with the most so why were those rumors ever started? He has no interaction with black men or women outside of work.
You don't know what you're talking about. On season one of his show, Anderson had a panel which included a young black woman (I think she might have been a writer or local tv personality) who he specifically referred to as his "close friend". They've hung out several times and have been to each others homes.
- I finally had to look at this thread about 3 people no one should have any reason to care about. More than a month and approaching 500 comments.
I haven't missed a thing apparently.No one should ask why a gay man wants to stay in the closet.
- I wonder who took the photo @ R479 because I don't think I've ever seen a pic of AC and Ben together in a restaurant that wasn't hard to see or where Ben wasn't trying to hide from the camera. That's not Ben with AC, it couldn't be because I don't think Ben would've allowed his pic to be taken with AC in a private setting like that, he would've gotten angry like he did with this girl at some pizza place a while back. Apparently he didn't know his pic was being taken at the Madonna concert and that pic with Fergie and AC at a party seemed to have been done as a favor to Jared Eng.
- R494 he was just filmed last week in the audience at Anderson's show. If he doesn't want to be seen with his BF why would he go to a taping of his show? And that sure looks like Ben in that photo. So he has some stubble. That doesn't mean it's not him.
- And what about the photo of Anderson and Ben walking together after Sandy? That's pretty out in the open. How could they think no one would take their pic? And look, Ben has stubble in that pic.
- The person who tweeted the pic at r479 is from the Hamptons. That restaurant is more likely out there near their Quogue hideaway and they are more relaxed and off-guard there.
- R490 that guy skateboarding on instagram made some comment like "look Anderson Cooper liked my photo". No one who is in a relationship with someone would say that. They would just let it go. I have no idea why Anderson "liked" that pic other than maybe he was drunk and wasn't thinking straight.
- Ben just looks different from that angle on the restaurant pic. I understand them being a little more relaxed in the Hamptons, but it's unlike any other pic I've seen of them in a setting like that, no one but the paps on the street get that close and this looks like a professional shot in a way. But then again, AC did say a few times that people take his pic all the time on the street and in restaurants. There just aren't that many restaurant pics of them out there. I remember about two and both were not as good as this one.
So since we've established it's Ben, I guess there's no open relationship!
- I think he "liked" the pic because the guy looked something like the man he loves, Ben.
- R500 i was thinking the same thing. He probably "liked" it so he could show it to someone (maybe Ben himself). That Leo guy is very cute but if you look at his photos you'll see many others of him with another guy who is probably his BF.
- [quote]If he doesn't want to be seen with his BF why would he go to a taping of his show?
Well, most viewers aren't going to know who Ben is and the ones who do may have even missed seeing him in the audience (I did until it wsa pointed out here) and Anderson certainly didn't acknowledge him (at least not on the actual broadcast), so Ben is safe going there.
- [quote]Sometimes I wonder if AC and Ben have an open relationship. I suppose it could explain those photos of Ben in the park.
And don't forget the pics of Anderson and the real estate guy. Of course they have an open relationship but all mentions of that make Benderson fraus' heads explode.
- I never got this guy; I figured he was appealing to a lot of gay guys because he had such a great job and this great life in New York being a serious journalist.
But I can't imagine anyone seeing him that way now.
But I'm sure he's very nice (in case he's reading this.)
- Looks like AC had lunch with a hot younger stud that looks like Ben R479 LOL AC no doubts likes darker, more buffer younger guys than himself. This dude sorta looks arab.... Maybe they are just friends or Ac and Ben have a happy open relationship.
- Since it now looks this thread is about to get crazy for the remaining time it has left on DL, I'm just going to say that the man in the restaurant pic is Ben and no, there's no open relationship between them, period. Those are the unassailable facts.
- The ears on the man in the restaurant pic tell the story when you look at Ben's ears in other pics.
- That guy posted a pic of Bedlam on his Instagram, and Ben liked another one of his pic, so it looks like he's a friend of Ben as well as of AC. Even if that's him in that restaurant pic with Anderson (I'm not sure, as the guy looks a lot like Ben), I don't see why some of you jump to the conclusion that they have an open relationship. Seems to me that the guy is just a friend of them.
- R507 his ear is covered by his hat. Yes Ben's ears kind of stick out. But that's Ben in the restaurant pic.
- R508 that guy wasn't Ben and maybe that guy is just a mutual friend of the Ben and AC lovebird couple.
- R508 Where's the picture of Bedlam that Leo posted and the one Ben liked? I didn't find them.
I agree that it may be Leo that AC was having lunch with. All of the ear is not covered by the hat and it didn't seem the same shape as Ben's ears, but again, with the hat and the angle it's hard to tell.
- Leo posted a B&W pic showing a snake drawing from Bedlam.
- R512 I don't see where Ben "liked" that snake photo. Bedlamnyc is a tag but no like from Ben unless I missed that. Or is it another photo Ben "liked"?
- Oh i just found the photo Ben "liked". Interesting choice.
- R514 - That's interesting. Is Ben letting Anderson free to see if he comes back or is Ben hoping Anderson sets him free? Kind of an odd thing for Ben to like, IMO.
- A black dude on Twitter just said he saw AC on the street, asked to take a pic but AC ignored him. The guy seemed very pissed off at AC, but I've heard that AC will ignore people like that a lot. He's not obligated to take pics or acknowledge anyone, but it does make people angry and they take to Twitter about it.
- That must be the open relationship motto. It is an interesting thing for Ben to like.
- Here's a thread we can use if this one closes or gets shut down.
- Thread went dead since last night hmmm
- Kathy Griffin seems to have dumped Jack Gray now that Kathy has a boyfriend.
- They may still be friends, but that's what happens when a friend falls for someone, you see them less.
- Anderson in Hawaii.
- R522 How do you know it's Hawaii?
If it is it's funny because just the other day on his show he said he had never been to Hawaii and now he's there. I think they had given a trip to Hawaii to the woman who won the ugliest Christmas sweater contest and he mentioned he had never been there.
- He and Ben sure do travel a lot. What a life they have!
- He and Ben sure do travel a lot. What a life they have!
- Sorry for the double post. I thought the first one didn't take because of my stupid tablet.
- Yeah it is a great life, they can do whatever they want. Yes he did say he'd never been to Hawaii. I wonder how he likes it.
- Saw another tweet from someone who saw AC in Hawaii...
(hope the link worked)
- I'm assuming the trip to Portugal wasn't a real vacation since Anderson was working on a 60 Minutes story but this trip probably is a vacation for AC and Ben. Hopefully Anderson wears sunglasses this time.
- Anderson just tweeted that he's in Hawaii on assignment for 60 Minutes.
- Ok I take back what I said in R529. I guess this is another working holiday.
- Someone tweeted in reply: "Interviewing @lancearmstrong?"
I guess that's where Armstrong lives?
- Out Magazine readers have voted Anderson Cooper "Man of the Year"!
- R533 Out magazine caters to affluent white gay man. Obvious and completely predictable choice.
- R534 I know these polls don't really mean anything. I was just relaying the message.
- Of course Anderson was selected Man of the Year by the readers of Out. He's by far the biggest coming out story of the year. I know AC doesn't garner much love on DL, but in the real world, he's loved by the majority of the gay community.
- R536 is right about this.
- I also agree with R537. I think lots of people were waiting for him to FINALLY come out, so it was big news even though some here are going to try and dispute it over and over.
Here's a pic of AC in Hawaii at the airport with a fan.
- Several candid photos of Anderson in Hawaii,but Ben isn't in any of them. Wonder if he made the trip. That photo on the Bedlam Instagram page was taken from the back of a boat and posted before what would have been sunset in Hawaii the day Anderson arrived. Maybe Ben was elsewhere with friends or it was from their yacht vacation this summer?
- Is Ben, by association with his wealthy affluent white WASP partner, now affluent too?
- R539 where did you see the candid shots of Anderson in Hawaii or are you talking about the two tweets? And I was thinking the same about the sunset shot that Ben posted. I thought maybe it was from their Portugal trip.
Anyway Anderson's back on AC360 tonight so it was a very short trip. Maybe Ben didn't go this time.
- R541 They are on Instagram - just search for the andersoncooper tag.
- Yes Ben is super rich since he's hooked up with AC but he wasn't broke prior to that, his bar was profitable and now there's Bedlam.
- I don't see any pictures other than the ones AC posted. Can't find the candids.
- Me either R544. I see a lot from New Years but I can't seem to find any from Hawaii.
- Anderson probably took Kathy to HI -- she triggered something deep inside him when she kissed his penis on cable television.
- Here's one from the LA airport.
- At the hotel with Tim Robbins. The others are another one of him at the hotel, one ordering lunch from what appears to be some kind of lunch stand and one eating in a cafe. There's also two or three where he posed with fans, two at the airport and one at the hotel.
- Is Tim Robbins seriously wearing a wife beater while talking to Anderson Cooper? LOL.
- Yeah R549 whats wrong? He's just relaxing.
- I love how AC pronounces Hawaii as "Ha-why". Another one of his weird pronunciation issues. If he didn't have to go there for work, I'm not even sure he would've gone there. He doesn't seem to do USA vacations much.
- [quote]Out Magazine readers have voted Anderson Cooper "Man of the Year"!
Excellent choice since his coming out made a nice splash last summer.
- Anderson was the biggest coming out story of 2012, and it looks like Jodie Foster will be the biggest (sort of) coming out story of 2013.