- Thanks for weighing in, Kelli Osbourne.
(No pun intended, chubette.)
- It couldn't have happened to a nicer person.
She's always acted like a cunt, like she was always better than everybody else. Now she's fat, a flop and a drunk.
- I've always wondered what her damage is. I remember looking at her picture on a magazine cover, she was about 20 at the time, and was shocked at the amount of make up on her face. I assumed professional make up artists did someone's face for a photo shoot, but I have never seen a professional pile on make up so thick, especially on someone who is clearly nice looking to begin with. That plus the crazy hair, bad fake tan and too tight outfits all point to fucked up body image and low self esteem.
- She has two bitchy songs aimed at her "haters" on the album, Circles and Shut Up. The lyrics are so bitter and nasty, how repulsive to see a cunty 1%'er brag about how much money she has, because she's furious that there are people who find fault with HER of all people.
- Jesus, I've never found her that way at all. I think she's supremely giving and supportive on The Voice, and she seems to have a great sense of humor as well. I watched an interview with her on Dateline last week at her home and she was terrific. I don't get all the hate.
- It's fitting that she ended up on a reality talent show, that's the level of taste that goes into her crappy music.
- I'm with r5, where did it originate that she's so nasty?
- If your name isn't Rihanna, Nikki or Katie, then you're pretty much irrelevant. P!nk's new album didn't go anywhere, either, and she's got a better voice and more talent than those three.
- Mary J. Blige talked about how Christina Aguilera tried to make her kiss her hand. Go to 0:25 in the youtube video.
- Cher didn't like working with her, that tells me a lot because Cher is very well liked in the industry. She oversells every song and makes it about her, that said, she was very good with just the acoustic piano on the Hurricane Sandy show.
- The thing you didn't expect is that all the tired old fraus taking breaks from bickering with their DH's to post at Dlisted are LOVING Christina's new body, comparing themselves to her body and saying how much they love her dress, etc. I think Christina is knowingly starting to target herself to the Twilight demographic of fat women, and for that she has to be fat.
- On The Voice, she finds a way to talk about herself in every comment to a singer -- none of the other judges do this. It's so consistent it could be a great drinking game!
- [quote]I think Christina is knowingly starting to target herself to the Twilight demographic of fat women, and for that she has to be fat.
If that were true they'd be buying her albums. Adele has the fat girl demo all to herself.
- we can only hope
- I don't understand why she didn't get better material. She can outsing Britney, Rihanna, and a bunch of them.
- But outsinging is her problem. She doesn't do justice to the songwriter or song. She's not bright enough to recognize a good song or interpret one, like Linda Ronstadt.
- You are beautiful, no matter what they say!
- She also has terrible aesthetic taste, her image, her material, the people she works with, etc.
- I always sang Genie in a Bottle as Put Your Weenie in My Butthole.
- She needs to fire her stylist. And every stylist who ever worked with her.
- [quote]I don't understand why she didn't get better material. She can outsing Britney, Rihanna, and a bunch of them.
Aguilera thinks she's smart enough to exact creative control over her albums which is why they are a mess. She should just sit back and let the producers pick her material.
Instead she blames the audience for her last flop and that people didn't 'understand' her music. No, there's nothing to understand. It just sucks.
- Obviously she needs more gritty, soulful songs to sell albums.
- I've always thought she had a spectacular voice, but I never cared about her personality one way or the other until I saw her as a judge on her show. She's not shy with her comments, but she seems to be an excellent mentor.
- Aguilera is a good singer but she oversings a lot and still has no sense of what her style is. She's just all over the place and I agree her creative control has hindered her. She needs more producer input.
She is nice on the The Voice, but that's because she's on tv and being paid for it. A lot of people who worked with Aguilera in the past don't have good things to say about her. You can tell she's happy she's the only female judge. Y'all know she would be fighting if 1 of the other judges was female.
Of her recent performances of her new songs, I thought the duet with Blake was the best. "Your Body" sounds OK but the lyrics are really lame for someone over 30. I didn't like her performance with Cee-Lo last week, and her AMA performance was a hot ass mess.
She likely is done, unless she's able to find some good producers for her next album. She has to find a way to make more mature music that will still appeal to the teen crowd.
P!nk is an example of someone who has successfully been able to do that the past couple years as she hit the 30 mark.
- It's so funny that Mary J Blige's assessment 10 years ago about Christina was correct.
"In a radio interview held in 2002, MJB spilled the tea on being snubbed by a 20-something Aguilera when she went to greet her. MJB goes on to say the “What A Girl Wants” singer rudely stuck out her hand, as if MJB were supposed to bow down and kiss it. The nerve! MJB even goes on to compare Aguilera to her pop rival Britney Spears saying, “Britney Spears can’t sing like [Christina] but she will go farther than her because Britney knows how to treat people with respect.”
- She's missing that IT factor which is why she's always been a second string pop star, first with Britney and now with Gaga. And it's always made her bitter (even at 18) and try-hard and that continues to bring down her personality and her music. And it's only going to get worse the older she gets.
- If Xtina wasn't such a bitch, people would like her more. And, her performance at the AMA wasn't that great.
- Apparently, in addition to growing up with an abusive father she was badly bullied at school. Perhaps that has shaped her personality.
- Wow, she really needs to start dressing for her body. She looks like Miss Piggy.
- Even with the Luciferian art and corporate elite behind her she's STILL past her due date. Time to pull her from the shelf.
Much like Britney's midface and outer canthus...she's in freefall.
- I did like her song she performed tonight on "The Voice" more than her other songs off this album. Anyone notice she had a wig similar to the one Lady Gaga used to wear (the short blonde bob)? lol
- r22, I knew someone who was a young woman a few years older than CA when she was first coming out, and my friend said that she was extremely stubborn about what she wanted to wear even then. According to my friend, they tried desperately to make her "the girl next door," and she wanted to dress slutty no matter what, but only agreed to what her team wanted to get her foot in the door. This was around the time Dirty came out and I was saying how she looked so much like a hooker and my friend said that had been her plan all along.
- She's very unlikeable.
And she needs to drop the weight because it's starting to affect her voice and performances.
- I use to like her until I saw her on The Voice. Last season she was a real bitch to one member of Adam's team. I've seem the same attitude from her this season, but it's not been as directed at one person as it was last season. Her attitude is a total turn off and makes me dislike her music.
Having said that, I will say her support for women in general appears to be very strong and positive, or at least she portrays that. Too bad her general nasty attitude overshadows that.
- Hasn't had a good single since 'Ain't No Other Man", which is the best thing she's ever done.
- To sum up:
She has terrible fashion sense
She needs a svengali guiding her career instead of thinking she knows what she's doing
She needs to lose weight
And she needs to be nicer to people
I think that about covers it.
- Yep. She needs DJ Premier, but who doesn't?
- R37 she is directing that attitude at one particular person - Amanda Brown. In the most performance episode when Cee Lo was giving Amanda his comments Christina can been seen in the background yawning, checking her nails and generally looking pissed off. She just giving that girl lots of attitude this season.
- I love "I Got Trouble" from her 2006 throwback album. She was at her best when she was experimenting with that old school genre. Come to think of it, she hasn't really been relevant since 2002's Beautiful.
- She is one of those women who talks about "uniting women" and "we are stronger than men" but then will gossip and cut down other women whenever she has a chance.
- The cuntiness with Mariah Carey was epic. Mariah put her in her place.
- Christina is a legendary, trendsetting pop icon. She can easily sing circles around any of these bitches in the game. She's won grammys, sold millions of albums, starred in a critically acclaimed film, and is now a coach on the top-rated show The Voice. She's here to stay and you jealous, hating queens will have to find a way to deal.
- Christina Aguilera?
- LOL I love Mariah. She can read and shade with the best of 'em. She's everything Xtina wishes she could be.
- Christina is bitchy to all the singers she views as real competition for her crush, Dez. Check her comments to the top competitors: Trevin, Amanda, and Cassadeedle Dee.
- She hasn't had a hit in years.
She oversings evertyhing she does.
She butchers the National Anthem on a regular basis.
She's supposedly a mean drunk.
Even the guys from the Wanted when they appeared on the Voice said she was a total cunt to them, unlike JLo who was very nice to them the next week when they were on AI.
- The guys from The Wanted wanted attention, that's why they were such asshole and made those comments.
Christina's album Bionic was great, it underperformed commercially so what?! I bought it and I bought Lotus and it's not disappointing either.
I don't like her fashion sense either but I buy her music for my ears not my eyes. All you guys want to do is rip her apart for her appearance or her attitude. The first is irrelevant and the second is rumors.
- what happened, R45?
- It must be simply awful to be a diva bitch and suddenly find out that nobody is interested in your records or product or stories about you any more .....
- [quote] “Britney Spears can’t sing like [Christina] but she will go farther than her because Britney knows how to treat people with respect.”
Britney has been a total cunt to plenty of people. So has Mary, as far as that goes.
- The stuff at link is just part of it r53. It all started when Aguilera, who up to that time, used to idolise MC as the singer who influenced her the most (it's all on record, she can't take back the interviews) was apparently obnoxious at a party forcing MC to warn her, in front of everyone, she'll burn out before thirty if she doesn't change her ways.
After their public spat, Aguilera stopped praising MC as an idol and started crediting Etta James and Whitney Houston in subsequent interviews.
- If she had a run in Vegas it would be a smash you bitches are misogynist but I though you liked fat chicks oh right she doesn't hag like Gaga or Madonna!
- [quote]you bitches are misogynist but I though you liked fat chicks
Oh, the irony of accusations of misogyny from someone who uses 'bitches', 'fat chicks' and 'hag' in the same run-on sentence...
- R12 there are that kind of women on Dlisted? how sad I used to love it over there.
- Can she let go of her singing career? She's just boring. Eww!!!
- Christina, Mariah, Kelly, and to a lesse extend before them, Whitney and Celine... sing junk. I am overstating a bit, but essentially they sing crap. Whitney could have had a great career after her early pop success- but she followed that up with more lousy pop and drug abuse. She never applied that wonderful voice to the great American songbook. And Celine, supposedly a very nice woman- not fucked up- sings dreck. Why will she not sing Arlen, Porter, Gershwin, Sondheim or Mitchell, Lennon and McCartney, Bachrach, Legrand, Dylan, etc etc.
I think it's because they are each (were in Whitney's case) kind of dumb. Their artistry does not match their vocal gifts.
Christina is the most awful singer with a good voice I have ever heard. Celine is a runner up.
- Christina's # 1 Fan...who gon' check me, boo?
- Thanks for the thread OP. I requested it in the AMA thread. Shame about Aguilera really she had a few great songs: Beautiful, Hurt, Ain't No Other Man, The Voice Within. She basically ruined everything with Bionic and acting all slutty in her motherhood.
- R9, P!nk's The Truth About Love is selling well from what I've read and Blow Me (One Last Kiss) was a good success for her. Pity Try isn't having the same success as it's a great song.
- r45 What happened between her and Mariah?
- She always looks so...oily.
And you just KNOW she has that "not so fresh" feeling down...there.
- That girl is an addict in need of an addiction. Though I have heard she likes to drink and obviously, eat a lot.
You can just tell she goes through life carrying all this baggage and resentment from her past that she can't see straight in present day. It effects not only her conduct, but how she sings.
I'd feel bad for her, but honestly, she is an unlikable cunt, so it's hard to.
- She's unable to sing a song live without turning it into a multi-note disaster. She sings to impress people more than to interpret the song.
We get it, Christina, you can sing.
- During their rivalry heyday, Xtina had much better songs than Britney. "Genie...", "What A Girl Wants" and "Beautiful" are better than anything Britney was putting out (how can anyone listen to "Hit Me Baby..." and "Genie..." and not see that "Genie" is the better song?) And Xtina cinched it by winning a Best New Artist Grammy, beating out Britney. I love the genuine look of shock on her face when they call her name as the winner.
- Genie was an absolute shit song. I preferred Britney's hits and I think they've held up better.
- "Aww bay-bay bay-bay" is nowhere near as good as "Genie...". "Hit Me..." had that generic Max Martin sound that everyone from The Backstreet Boys to N'SYNC had, not to mention Britney's lackluster, nasally vocals. "Genie..." is melodic and pulsating from the first note.
- Christina's album isn't out yet. It's premature to talk about a collapse.
- The album is out and it's a flop.
The studio talent is certainly there. Lotus features contributions from Max Martin, Shellback, Alex Da Kid, Supa Dups, Claude Kelly, and Lucas Secon, all of whom have had massive hits with a number of pop stars. But despite its pedigree, the Martin/Shellback entry “Your Body,” the album’s first single, is currently languishing in the lower reaches of the Hot 100. Does that mean those A-list names didn’t bring their A-list material to the table? Let’s put it another way: If Christina had recorded Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” would it have been a smash for her?
If the answer is “No,” then perhaps Aguilera carries too much cultural baggage with her. Her personal style has always been a hot topic of conversation, she often fails to come across as particularly likable in interviews, and earlier this year got into a very silly media feud with the lads from the Wanted. But plenty of other pop stars do those same things and manage to get away with it. In fact, in the case of Pink and Minaj, those shoot-from-the-hip moments have arguably made them more popular than they have ever been.
Are people simply tired of Aguilera? The Voice has helped her regain much of the cultural cache she lost in the latter half of the aughts, but does that also mean that it has fulfilled the average Xtina quota? Stars have gotten mixed results from their involvement in reality shows. Among the other judges on The Voice, only Adam Levine has had a true chart-topping hit since he took his place in his spinny chair.
- Christina Aguilera just doesn't have that X-factor that gets the public to care about them making one a genuine star. Always a wannabe. She, and her people, were outraged when the media focused on the Madonna-Britney kiss at the VMAs ignoring her even though she did the same exact thing. That is when it should have dawned on her that she's just a celebrity, never a star.
- I take that back. The album is out. I looked on iTunes and didn't see it in the top 100 and assumed it didn't come out yet. That is really bad when an album falls out of the top 100 within two weeks.
- The reason that Pink and Minaj can be blunt and tough without backlash is because they aren't carrying so much self-loathing around.
- Having your period during Etta James funeral.
That would kill even the cockroach-like career of Madonna
- CA has the worst voice ever. It's awful awful awful. All those vocal theatrics she does make me cringe.
- R69 - that video is adorable. She's so cute.
- r68 That's a great observation! That's exactly what she does. She doesn't interpret at all, she just shows off and it ends up a mess. Mayne I misremember but I don't think she used to do it to such an extent.
Her voice sounds so throaty now. She growls a lot and does too many runs.
- But that's exactly it r79 - her voice is wonderful but her singing is awful. I always said that you can have an amazing voice but if you don't know how to use it technically and artistically, it's useless.
A really great singer is first and foremost a story teller and she doesn't do that. As has been said here, she just tries to impress so she doesn't tell the story and oversings which ends up being a mess even vocally.
- Christina has always been a decent singer, certainly 1 of the best of the past 15 years. Her problem is it always seems like she's trying to imitate the big voices before her (Mariah, Whitney etc). Christina simply isn't as good as they were in their heyday. From the beginning of her career to present times, Christina will often oversing in performances and go off key or end up shouting instead of singing. She doesn't have that control.
Her persona and style seem forced too. She started out as the clean cut pop teen and with her next album she went way overboard trying to be all badass with "Stripped". Since that album, people have been confused about her and she struggled to get hits. On top of that, she has negative publicity with her diva ways towards people behind the scenes and other stars.
I've alwys found her to be really annoying and thought she never picked a great song for her voice, or she had a great song but chose to sing it in a stupid way.
Unless for her next album she gives control back to the right people, I don't see her being a factor ever again.
- She sings with way too much vibrato. It's as if she's trying to hack up a lung or something. It sounds so forced and strained. The whole thing just isn't pleasing to the ear.
- She needs to accept that the public has turned on her as a result of her inability to properly brand herself and select material that would result in sales. She will either get dropped or be like Madonna and get a "come to Jesus talk" where she's told she has to give up control and take input or her ass is out on the street.
No woman wants to be in this position, where after 10 years in the industry that they don't have the talent to market themselves and can't do anything without handlers, but it's the truth.
- I always really liked her
- Mariah oversings as much as Xtina, has equally shitty material and engages in nearly the same amount of cunty behaviour. The difference is that Mariah has a sense of humor and seems to be in on the joke.
- [quote]A really great singer is first and foremost a story teller and she doesn't do that.
Exactly. There are a lot of great singers who have very limited voices, but they can create emotion without pushing for it.
- Her problems: her new music is terrible. I enjoyed Stripped and Back to Basics but it was all downhill from there. Too many songs about how sexy and naughty she is. And yes, her image is a mess. We can say it doesn't matter, but in the pop world image is everything.
- At least she made it to the top, something most of us haven't done.
- [quote]At least she made it to the top, something most of us haven't done.
Likewise, Kris Jenner.
- Precisely, R89! Back To Basics was great but then Bionic came out and she lost her star power. She could have made a comeback with her next album but Lotus is flopping as well. I also believe it has everything to do with image, attitude, and the right sound for her voice. She should have sampled more from the Back To Basics era.
- [quote]Mariah oversings as much as Xtina, has equally shitty material and engages in nearly the same amount of cunty behaviour. The difference is that Mariah has a sense of humor and seems to be in on the joke.
Mariah is a fucking loon with no maturity, but she has an awkward sweetness underneath all the prima donna antics, which make her somewhat likeable. Christina on the other hand just comes across as a petulant skank who has no clue what to do with her voice.
- It's time to let Christina Aguilera go. Just saying.
- Christina is just desperate now, trying to team up with other recording acts to score a hit. Last year Maroon 5 proved to be a good pairing even though she was only in the last third of the song. This year on her album she has a song with Cee-Lo and a song with Blake Shelton.
On Pitbull's new album, he has a song featuring Christina lol
Basically, Xtina is genre-whoring and seeing where, if anywhere she can get another hit. I'm guessing that will shape the direction of her next album.
- What I hate about her music is her ballads. I would have preferred Lotus not have any - it would have made it much stronger. Her ballads always seem to drag down the pace of her albums.
- Her new single is awful and the entire album is a big flop. She better keep her fat ass on The Voice or she'll be forgotten pretty soon.
- [quote]And Celine, supposedly a very nice woman- not fucked up- sings dreck. Why will she not sing Arlen, Porter, Gershwin, Sondheim or Mitchell, Lennon and McCartney, Bachrach, Legrand, Dylan, etc etc.
In reluctant defense of Céline, her French-language career does include plenty of what might be called the Great Francophone Songbook.
- R98 too late...this is her last season. She wants to focus on her music. Christina is choosing to walk away and Shakira will take her spot.
- She quit The Voice????? OMG!!! Is she on crack? That was the only thing that kept her relevant. Her two last CDs have been total flops!!!
- Yes, she's "taking a break" from The Voice because, supposedly, there's millions of people out there, demanding a tour in support of an album those same millions apparently forgot to buy.
- hahahaha I am about to die laughing with the prior post. Xtina is dillusional.
- J'adore charlie and his adorable attempts to add to the conversation!
- Her image has been weird and unrelatable (do you really want to dress like a slut when you're so chunky) and, as previous posters have said, she oversings everything.
She needs better songs and a softer image.
I do get the impression she's pretty stupid, which doesn't help.
- She isn't brave enough to really put herself out there as an artist.
She couldn't take the heat she got for her anger in "Stripped."
So she does this whole trashy/slutty look and pretends it takes bravery to look that way when her sexuality is the one thing she's really confident about.
She's dying as an artist.
- R105 has her exactly - nicely done.
- She was at her vest when she did "Beautiful." Emotional piece, video showed her relatively unadorned, chipped teeth and all.
Fast forward to these days when the makeup is applied with a trowel. I can't be the only who has wanted to take a fire hose to her to get it off. Put her back in jeans and simple blouses.
Strip down the look and the singing and she could have something again.
- Let's not confuse knowing how to sing with being an artist. Calling Christina an artist is as silly as calling Britney or Thomas Kincaide (sp?) or Nicholas Sparks artists. They're craftspeople. Not artists.
- She has a tendency to oversing sometimes, but my goodness, what an impressive set of pipes she has. They put Britney's to shame, never mind about Janet Jackson...
- [quote]They put Britney's to shame, never mind about Janet Jackson...
Janet's singing sounds like Celine next to Britney's nasal caterwalling.
- True, R110, she's always had a great set of pipes, certainly better than Britney, Janet, Madge, Gaga, Rihanna and most of the others I can think of. As always, it's choice of material that gets in the way.
With Aguilera, it's also her love of trashy, skanky, downright ugly "fashion" for every occasion. The image is so off-putting, I don't want to hear her songs.
- R110 practically any successful female recording act in the biz puts Shitney Schmears to shame, except Tra$ha. Christina does have the ability to sing great, but she tries too hard and usually comes out sounding annoying or over-the-top.
If she had a more controlling producer (which her ego won't allow) her career could be much better.
- I think Clive Davis needs to be managing her.
- I wonder what caused the weight gain. Her mother is on the heavy side, so it's probably in her genes, but she was still slim in "Burlesque", and during the promo for Bionic, which was after she'd given birth. It was like one day she was thin and then poof--she was heavier.
- Agreed,[R116]. What's most shocking about her weight gain is how rapid it's been - she's gained about 70lbs or so in like two years. Perhaps she's on some medication?
- I think a lot of it is booze and drugs. It also doesn't look like she takes care of herself or exercises AT ALL.
- I feel sorry for whatever happened to be beneath Christina at the time of her collapse.
- She didn't gain 70lbs for crying out loud. You need treatment for the eating disorder that's causing you to distort so badly R117. Or even better, stop concerning yourself with what women weigh.
- At her skinniest she looked about 90 lbs. Now she looks around 150.
- r109 Don't compare Christina to Britney. Their only similarities are that they are popstars and bottle blondes. Britney is completely manufactured with no vocal ability whatsoever.
I'd bet that there aren't that many in this thread who even bothered to listen to her album before bashing it. It's a solid album as was Bionic.
The haters keep harping on her weight as if that has anything to do with listening to her album.
- Her new CD is a big flop!!!!! Next...
- I don't especially like her, don't like her singing period.
What would be interesting to me is if she hooked up with a producer like David Foster and what might come of it.
- Yeah, Xristina, we all know that you got the pipes but you are trying to hard. Too much screaming has been your demise.
- R85 you mean the same Madonna who is the world's biggest selling female artist of all time, and is currently on the top grossing tour of the year, and one of the top grossing of all time with $300 million sales.
- Is Christina releasing only ONE single from this album? She and the label just gave up already? That country song doesn't count.
- I'm surprised her label hasn't dropped her yet. She hasn't had a hit album or single in 7 years (singing the bridge on that Maroon 5 song doesn't count).
She was dumb as hell to quit The Voice to "go on tour". She had to cancel plans to tour with "Bionic" because of poor sales, so how is she going to tour an album that had even worse sales? Nobody's going to buy tickets to hear that shit.
- Christina is returning to the Voice for next season. Plus she has lost weight.
- [quote]I'm surprised her label hasn't dropped her yet. She hasn't had a hit album or single in 7 years (singing the bridge on that Maroon 5 song doesn't count).
I was thinking the same thing. If even being on "The Voice" can't help her sales, then nothing will.
- I think returning to The Voice is a mea culpa that her singing career is over.
- She's the new version of the old Ashanti. Singing hooks on popular songs.
- The magazine I used to edit ran a feature on modern recording technology and one of the experts interviewed cited Christina's latest album as an example of a very bad recording.
- Shelf life, people. Even the greatest singers have a time limit. The next one comes along and you're no longer a commodity. Happens to all but a select few. Talent doesn't matter anymore; it's all about illusion, now.
- I use to like Christina Aguildera and her music until I saw her on The Voice. I thought she came across as a raging bitch and was so turned off by that. I was glad to see her gone last season and wish she'd stay gone.
- Talent without Taste. Wouldn't know a pop hook if it hit her in the face. Say what you will about Britney, but she picks good songs and songwriters: Max Martin, Pharrell, Cathy Dennis, Dr Luke
- [quote]Say what you will about Britney, but she picks good songs and songwriters: Max Martin, Pharrell, Cathy Dennis, Dr Luke
You're insane if you think Britney Spears has ANYTHING to do with the creation of her albums. There are numerous rumors floating around that she doesn't even sing anymore, that her records are recorded by a sound-alike.
(I'm no fan of Xtina Haguilera, I just can't stand people who think Britney is anything but a zombie.)
- R137 Thank you. These Shitney fans are so delusional. She can barely take care of herself, let alone have any say in the people she works with. All of her decisions are made for her.
- RCA might be thinking about dropping Christina Aguilera from the label, r128. They are probably discussing that behind the scenes.
- Who is bumping the XTina and Britney threads?
I feel like I'm back in 1999.
- Christina had a chance to hook up with Clive Davis when she dropped her first manager but she didn't want to be controlled. So she picked Irving Azoff who let her do whatever she wanted careerwise.
Too bad she didn't know how much she didn't know about the music industry. Also her tremendous ego didn't help matters.
- Poor Chrissy! Not! She probably went off the deep end the minute she found out her ex boyfriend Jorge was gay.
- She lost weight.
- [quote]She lost weight.
And? What's that got to do with her flop career?
- There's no way being on The Voice will help her career. She comes off as a raging cunt on that show. Pissed she'll be back for season 5, but at least she'll be gone again for season 6.
- Her extra weight was holding back her career R144
- R146 No honey, her shitty music and cunty personality was/is holding back her career.
R145 Why is she going to be gone again for season 6 (not that I want her back)? Why doesn't she just stay gone?
- I love her personality. She does not give a fuck.
- I would assume there is some sort of contractual issue, and that the producers would prefer to have Shakira and Usher over Christina and CeeLo. So instead they're just going to alternate seasons.
- R148 Most people who act/say they don't give a fuck are usually the ones who do give a fuck the most.
- I don't think she came off as a cunt at all. I think she came off as a chick that wasn't afraid of standing up for herself and her opinions. Even at this point in history, people still get deeply offended by women that don't placate and act sweet in order to keep the male ego safe.
No she did not give a fuck whether or not Adam liked what she had to say or not. Adam was such a fucker and full of himself and an asshole. But because he's a good looking male he can do whatever he wants and no one will correct him.
I think Christina has been a fool about how she has handled her career but she has not been off based when it comes to her critiques on the Voice.
- R149, they're alternating because some of the judges (Levine, Shakira, maybe Ceelo) still tour and make a lot of money--alternating seasons is helpful for that.
- R152 But CA doesn't tour, so why does she need breaks?
- Oh please, what about her constant bullying of female contestants on The Voice? That isn't the behavior of a feminist or some who doesn't give a fuck. She was down right awful and nonsensical when it came to Amanda Brown and Melanie Martinez in season three, and it was only after her entire team was eliminated and that it was apparent to everyone that Cassadoodle Pope was going to win that Christina warmed up to her.
- That makes sense, r152. But Levine and Shelton are much more profitable than CA, but they're not taking seasons off (yet).
- She's fat and tired!
- Part of Christina's problem is that she is on RCA, which has undergone
severe budget cuts and is very bad at promoting its artists to radio. Sure if you're Timberlake, with money of your own for promotion and J-Z
getting you on the all important "urban" stations, RCA is ok. But everyone in the music business knows RCA can't compare to UMG at getting its artists radio play.
- R157 While it's true that RCA is a mess, it is a cop-out to blame them for Christina's failing career. She's on the number 1 rated singing competition show viewed by millions of people a week each season - what more promotion could she ask for? Look at J-Low - being on American Idol resurrected her career (unfortunately), but The Voice hasn't done the same for Christina's. Why? Because her recent albums suck and she has a shitty personality that turns people off. End of story.
- Well, they didn't want JLo on The Voice, because she can't sing and has no real knowledge of music. Unfortunately, it looks like a desperate Idol
is taking her back.
As far as JLo's career restoration, yeah, she has had some hit songs, co-featured with Pitbull. But anyone apparently can have a hit when they are co-featured with Pitbull. The Christian conservatives and country music fans who watch Idol must get a secret thrill when they watch JLo grind her ass into Pitball's thrusting crotch.
- Yeah- I think it's rich what Mary J. Blige said, considering what a pompous overblown ego she had the first few years of her career.
I never got a bad impression of CA - just that she has low self-esteem.
- Chrissy is terrible on The Voice. This is the same show that pitted Frenchie against Tarralyn in the live battles. And that's why this show will not produce a breakout star. They don't promote the winners. It's all about the shitty judges. Sasha Allen should have won this most recent season.
- Duh! Adam Levine at the big network press event to kick off the new season told the press that the show is not about producing a big breakout pop star. It is about presenting new talent in the context of a TV show. People who appear on the show should be grateful just to be on the show.
Of course, for Adam Levine, the show is about HIM.
- [quote]They don't promote the winners. It's all about the shitty judges.
I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Not one of the winners has been heard from since they've won. The whole thing is a platform for the already famous judges to get more publicity. Sadly for Christina though, the publicity isn't helping her record sales at all. In fact, her last album was her lowest-selling of all time.
- In essence The Voice can be compared to an old time variety show. The judges are the STAR co-hosts, who sing and plug their latest singles and cd's. The contestants are "guests" who appear and sell their wares as best they can. The guests are interchangeable, and of no real importance beyond putting on a TV show.
- Christina's music needs to evolve. All her songs are about what a horny whore she is or how she loves to party, just like her shit at 21.
Christina Aguilera getting sexy with another girl
- Christina had an open marriage so she could date other women xxxxx
“The bodyguard told me it was an understanding within their marriage and that she brings girls home and Jordan’s okay with it…I met Christina in the bathroom and she told me she liked to play with girls. I ended up not pursuing anything with it because the situation just seemed so weird to me, but Christina was definitely looking to hook up…My understanding was that Jordan wasn’t involved when she brought girls home, so maybe the divorce is because Jordan’s jealousy got the best of him.”
- She is not very clever though. She has such a beautiful and strong voice and she wasted it.
Look how beautiful this song would be if Pitbull was absent and if they add some more lyrics in it.
Listen from 0:15 this song sung acapella by Christina. Really it could have been a good song. Pitbull made it cheap with his presence and with the hip-hop background. He should leave Christina lead the way, and cut the hip hop crap.
This song should be a ballad. Not a dancing song.
- Being back on The Voice is good for her. Aguilera's main problem is she never knew what kind of a recording act she wanted to be. Pure pop? gimmicky pop? r&b? It's fine to do different styles, but Aguilera never made it seem like she was bringing her style to these genres of music. It always seemed like she was chasing trends, hence most of her music is forgettable. 11 years ago when she was doing her "Dirrty" phase (similar to Miley Cyrus' new style), I knew people wouldn't take her seriously after that. While teeny boppers bought up that album, they left her in the dust afterwards.
Aguilera was the closet singer to Mariah Carey that we had until Ariana Grande came out this year. Unlike Carey, Aguilera doesn't have many signature songs. Maybe "Beautiful"? What else really? Now with Grande coming out successfully, I think Aguilera will only be able to get hits as a guest on other people's tracks. The funny thing is her parts of "Moves Like Jagger" and "Feel This Moment" were the best parts. Maroon 5 and Pitbull relied on her guesting to make it sound good, but she didn't get much out of the collaboration.
- Don't know who Ariana Grande is so I don't know that she's eclipsed Christina yet.
- Okay looked up on youtube. I have heard Ariana just didn't know who was singing. She's cute but it is easy to tell she can't really sing. Autotuned.
Christina should get Taylor Swift to write some songs for her and she'll be golden again.
- R171 look up Ariana Grande...she can sing very well live. She does near perfect covers of Mariah Carey. Check out her version of "Emotions". Aguilera is screwed.
- All you need to know about Ariana Grande is that her brother's name is Frankie...
- Stripped may have seemed a hot mess, but it was really her one moment as a cultural icon and her biggest album worldwide, a risk taking success that gave her a schtick.
The jump the shark moment for her was that ridiculous Back to Basics album. After this 360 no one knew who she was or what she stood for with this Madonna wannabe reinvention. It didn't help that the contents behind the style and packaging were non-existent. Tuneless, hook-free all shouted songs that would give anyone a migraine.
How the arrogant cunt thought she could get away with putting out Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy-style nonsense like "Candyman" in the 21st century beggars belief. She was given way too much creative control and no one was there to say "no". She also had the misfortune to have her album out in the same era as Winehouse's Back to Black masterpiece, which showed her how reinterpreting the old skool was done and made her shit look even more laughable.
So with 3 flop/dud albums in a row she's in Janet Jackson territory and there's no way back for her. Bitch be done.
It's a shame as she had so much potential but as said the unlikeability means you can't even root for her. Biggest waste of talent ever and the worst material of any diva other than Jennifer Lopez.
- The funny thing is that Xtina took the last season of "The Voice" off because she was expecting to be on tour for her new album. The one that turned out to be the biggest flop of her career.
Don't forget the tour to support Bionic was canceled due to poor ticket sales.
All the while, Maroon 5 and Blake Shelton have both toured extensively, taking full advantage of the exposure.
Before Levine did The Voice, Maroon 5 was in a career slump and it looked like they were probably done. Shelton had been at it a decade before The Voice, but the show helped him score the biggest hits of his career, and now he's finally at the point where he can tour arenas.
- Aguilera's problem is she wanted to have more control over her music after the first couple albums, but her musical instinct/intuition suck. She should simply stick to singing and picking good producers to get her back on track. The edgy thing isn't for her.
- I just watched this video (look at the link below)
Omg...the person who made this must have been really sick when he/she created that video. However, i laughed a lot with his/her naiveté. This person believes that Britney Spears is better than Aguilera. Yes sure, whatever...
Saint Britney! Let's not mention the voice and the talent of course...it would be unnecessary to compare Aguilera's voice with Spears! Ew!!!!!!!!!
- You think Christina Aguilera is a fake?
I think she is getting wet when women like her.
- The Lotus tour not happening is a blessing for her. She was fat and messy for two years. Thank god she decided to get her body back. Who wants to see a fat pop star? At least she's getting 17 million for the Voice.
- Adele is fat and she is a pop star.
- So after Lotus flopped, she's back on The Voice. Now, she's back to being a "featured" singer and is copying a page out of P!nk's book this time. Earlier this year, P!nk had a massive hit with her song "Just Give Me A Reason" which featured the lead singer of indie-pop group Fun.
Copytina is now sitting atop itunes being featured on a re-recording of indie-pop group A Great Big World's song "Say Something". Of course middle America is eating it up. In the last 3 years, Xtina has tried so many different styles of pop, desperate to get another hit that it's silly. Earlier this year we saw her jump on the Pitbull train and got a top 10 song with that. Anyway, this new single is decent but a bit boring. I expect it to be a massive hit.
Christina as a solo artist seems to be OVA though. The public likes her featured on tracks (Pitbull, Maroon 5 and now this group) but she hasn't had a solo hit single in years.
- I prefer P!nk's "Just Give Me A Reason".
It definitely seems like Christina is throwing every genre of music against the wall and seeing what sticks for her with fans. She doesn't seem (and never did) to have a musical identity.
Her first album was pure poppity cheeseball. Her "Stripped" shit was her attempt at "growing up" by doing her version of r&b pop and trying to be "bad ass" (see Miley Cyrus now). Every album she just seemed like she was trying to imitate a certain style of music, instead of letting us know who she is. Finally her fans were like "WTF".
- Actually, she is just about the only pop star I can tolerate. I think she has a gorgeous voice that is totally wasted on the kind of crap that passes as music today. Her voice is well-suited for some jazz standards, imo.
Plus, since she has lost weight, I think she looks stunning.
Below, a duet with Andrea Bocelli which is fantastic.
- She doesn't have her own musical identity
- Spot on R182. I acknowledge that Christina has a very powerful voice, but it's not a voice that I particularly like. Maybe if she was more restrained, I could tolerate her more, but the girl has to sing EVERY DAMN octave in the scale in EVERY one of her songs.
Plus, she always came across as a major phony to me. On the first album, she was a pop princess, the second album she fancied herself a hoodrat, then the third album she was a 1920s chanteuse and on and on. She needs to pick one identity and stick to it & stop trying to follow trends.
Lastly, I don't understand why anyone who has a legitimate singing voice (which she does) would resort to using so many gimmicks to stay relevant. Homegirl just doesn't have a clue when it comes to managing her career.
- I hate that visually, she imitates Vadge (who of course imitates old hollywood starlet style). Aguilera shouldn't need to copy anyone.
- I remember she came out the same time as Britney and Jessica Simpson. Christina was the talented one but her personality is what killed her. She just seems like such a bitch.
- She needs a good manager who will, figuratively speaking, smack her around. She knows she has a good voice and thinks that translates to being good at managing her own career. Clearly it does not.
- A huge distinction between Madonna and Christina is that when Madonna did the whole reinvention thing, she experimented with visuals and cultural archetypes, but she remained herself throughout the process. Madonna didn't change her persona to suit the theme of the album she was promoting at the time.
On the other hand, Christina will put out something like Bionic and then go on a promotional tour wearing leather and dog colors and talking ad nauseum about her fake bisexuality. Or she'll put out Stripped and have rappers guest star all over her album while she's showing up everywhere talking with a street accent like she grew up in the hood.
She couldn't even grasp the concept that reinvention is about experimenting with styles not changing your entire personality.
- Maybe the public just got tired of her over-singing and lost interest. She's always been hyped as an undeniably good singer, but her obnoxious voice is probably her main problem. It's like with Whitney Houston, she's the cliched choice to name as a "great diva", but I'll bet most of the people who say it rarely subject themselves to her bombastic, emotionally-hollow, MOR music.
- People actually bought Whitney's records, r190. Christina had one hit album.
- Christina's Christmas album is the worst atrocity of oversinging ever. Even with that she was copying Mariah who famously put out a very successful holiday album very early in her career.
- Nice try R191, Christina has sold over 40 million albums and it wasn't just her debut nor Stripped nor Back to Basics. She's also had several highly successful tours.
I love Christina's voice but was disappointed in the last two albums. I bought both, don't regret it because there are tracks I enjoy but they don't showcase her voice enough.
No matter what Christina does, her detractors are never satisfied as they herald shit which shall remain nameless.
- Nah, she's an insecure, cunty butterface. See she got her undeveloped jaws remedied. old lady with no dentures look.
- lmao @ R193 who knew we got a Xtina stan up in this bitch?
- I really enjoyed her performance with Lady Gaga last night:
- R1, LOL... And meow!
- P!nk tells of the first meeting between the four divas (Lil Kim, Maya, Xtina and P!nk) for "Lady Marmalade" with Xtina and her spokesman showing up with the spokesman telling the other three that Xtina will be taking the high part, thank you very much.
P!nk claims she stood up to him and first thing was she introduced herself to him as he had failed to ID himself to the group and then politely told him that no, Xtina will not be taking the high part as that is why the meeting was being held to decide on the parts. Apparently, Xtina just stood behind the spokesman and let him do all the talking.
That was it for P!nk and Xtina and then Linda Perry went and wrote "Beautiful" for Xtina and the bond between P!nk and Linda was broken too. P!nk didn't like Xtina imitating her vocal style on the song.
- Christina is desperate. I remember when Gaga just broke Christian was insulting her, asked if Gaga was a man, etc. Now she's playing second fiddle to Gaga on her own reality show.
- The way pop works today everybody is "featured" on someone else's
music. It started in hip-hop or rap, because obviously rappers can't sing and needed to feature someone who could carry a counter melody. Without "featuring" rap would be dead. From rap, these featured collaborations moved to pop. So Christina doing collaborations is just part of the music biz today.
- R200 the term "featuring" does come from hip hop but duets and collaborations have always been around. In the last 15 years though, they are much more common. It's actually annoying how certain recording acts pop up on every song.
Gaga and Xtina recording a song together would be nice though. It would definitely be a hit and given the positive reception of this performance, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the future.
- r200, that doesn't change the fact that Christina hasn't had a hit of her own in years.
- Christina is nothing more than a glorified backup singer these days. As others have said, she hasn't had a hit on her own in years; she is only noticed when she is featured on someone else's song.
- What she should do then is humble herself and form or join a group. Clearly people still like hearing her, just not by herself lmao
- No what she needs to do is to shrink that massive ego and let someone put together an album FOR her instead of assuming she knows what is best. Her problems started when she decided to deny her pop roots and go with the electronic trend. Her fans did not follow her because electronic music takes her best feature and puts in the background, her voice.
People want to hear her sing. They just don't want to hear the stuff she recorded. She needs to decide to listen to some genius that can put together a project that is more like her Stripped album. It was well produced and was great to listen to beginning to end.
She is her own worst enemy.
- "No what she needs to do is to shrink that massive ego and let someone put together an album FOR her instead of assuming she knows what is best"
A lot of singers make the mistake of thinking that singers MUST write their own songs, so they record the crappy stuff that they wrote instead of recording better songs that were written by others.
- Xtina now ENGAGED to a production assistant!
- There is also the money factor, r206. Artists make a lot of their money from song writing royalties. That might be the most important factor in artists recording substandard material they wrote or cowrote. Also singers want to be recognized for a talent other than just being lucky enough to be born with a good voice. These people couldn't care less about their fans though, if they willfully throw their talent away on mediocre material. Not that I'm saying that's Christina's problem, her compositions might be lacking, but her voice is also obnoxious whatever the case.
- Passed by a magazine cover tonight that said she is pregnant
- R209 again? so this will be a shotgun wedding...
- Her last album was produced by Max Martin. If you can't get a top 10 hit from a Max Martin song then your career is screwed. Regardless of Christina's commercial success she will have a long career because she can sing. She will do live events like sing the national anthem at baseball games or have small tours. I don't think her downfall has been entirely from the material she puts out. I think the public didn't connect to her as strongly as other stars like Britney Spears.