- Next week's preview. Gabi's considering aborting. Will actually asks her to marry him. Sonny can do better than this slug.
- Freddie lost weight apparently. Here's the photographic evidence from "Scandal Crest" tonight.
- Freddie is smoking hot even with a few extra pounds on him.
- Are there any gay men still posting in these threads?
- More skinniness.
- What's the span between filing and airing? Three months?
- Correct, r7.
We know there's a big wedding coming up early next year, and it's something supposedly that is going to make gay viewers extremely happy.
- [quote]Are there any gay men still posting in these threads?
Yes, you're the only chick, dear.
- She's probably not the only chick posting.
- SOAP THREAD ALERT!
SOAP THREAD ALERT!
- She's definitively not.
- r11, this is a gay thread. You tried that nonsense in the last 5 Chandler Massey/Freddie Smith threads.
- Freddie does Hollywood Saturday Live. Chandler has done it, as well as other members of the cast.
This is from October 20, 2012. He hosted. He also played Tucker Carlson.
- Rafe. Sami pushed me down the stairs.
- Casey and Chandler were seriously crazy close for a while. I still have audio of the song Chandler wrote for Casey after Casey broke up with Molly. This was while Casey/Chandler lived together. For whatever reason Chandler and Freddie seem friendly but not as physically comfortable in real life as Chandler and Casey were. Maybe that's because Casey is touchy feely and instigated a lot of that while Chandler and Freddie don't initiate as much in 'real life' (seemingly based on pics). I don't find Freddie appealing. It's not necessarily the character or his looks b/c Freddie is a good looking guy. Sometimes it's like that. I do think Chandler has it in him to be smoking hot with another male actor in a sex scene. Just look at what he did with EJ and Chad and they only portrayed the sizzle with words/facial expression.
- Chandler's father is a big politician, or was, in Georgia, Lewis A. Massey.
He looks just like him.
His mother looks like some fitness guru.
- Freddie Smith and Casey Deidrick interview together.
- Blake Berries (Nick Fallon, the homophobe):
I love #gay people, support gay marriage, and have close friends who are gay. My job is to justify the words, actions, and beliefs of my character. I'm glad people feel strongly re Nick's beliefs even if they disagree. This is a good SL on #Days. I promise. Keep watching.
Now guess what tweet he was responding to:
wow after watching today's episode of #DOOL i think @BlakeBerris doesn't like gay people in real life
You should look back to the beginning of November on his Twitter feed. He received so much hatred over his character's homophobia. lmao
I'm sure Missy doesn't have his back.
- "So far I never said the wouldn't do this or that but I did speculate. I guess only time will tell. But I still believe it's Nick/Gabi. They come up with a plan next week together or week after about the baby. So I think something comes out of that where possibly Nick gets Gabi to retract and tell Will she made a mistake and was too scared to tell Nick but he may be the father because they had sex immediately after he was out of prison. Cameron said 9-12 weeks. There has to be a reason for that. Leaves the window open for Gabi to retract. Then comes the fake dna test. Risky or not, Gabi may convince Will its best they find out because of the situation.
Wouldn't put much stock into a rumor that was created by a random fan on twitter. That's where it originated from. I see the story being a custody battle. Once Will finds out he really is the father and finds out what Gabi did to Mel it sets up Wilson vs. Nabi and the families pitted against each other. That's where the real story will probably be.
I will bet my bank account that even if there was a Will/Gabi wedding which I am confident there isn't, Will and Gabi would never get married. So doubt we will be seeing Will living in a marriage with Gabi. The actors seemed pretty clear the wedding will be one that Will and Sonny fans will be pleased about which means there is no Will/Gabi getting married. Plus it has been mentioned many times that Nick's cunning side comes back out which means he has to pull a lot of crap with what's coming up."
- Given Nick's views on gays, once he finds out about the baby, I can imagine him saying that he doesn't want Will or Sonny to have any involvement in raising it.
- I'm usually not into older guys, but I would present my hole to Chandler's daddy any day of the week. He's almost too good looking.
- R20, you linked to a site infested by women, probably rabid, straight women. I wouldn't trust the insight of anyone there. At least DL still has some gay men posting about these characters.
Anybody have guesses as to what's going on between Smith and Massey? Massey barely touched him during their sex scene this week when his character should have been all over Smith's character. There must be a reason for the subdued chemistry between them. Is Massey tired of being identified as gay Will? Did Smith rebuff advances from Massey? Is Smith bi-polar and Massey can't deal with it? Is there another reason?
- My guess r23 is that Chandler works out everyday and does a lot to look good. He probably saw Freddie waddle on to the set looking all meh and untoned and just couldn't get into it. Wilson won't work until we get a hot Sonny.
- Confirmed: Nick has Will and Gabi do a test switch-a-roo, and classify Nick as the father of her baby. She doesn't go through with the abortion. Will hides it from Sonny.
My god, the gay fans called this shit. They're the Nate Silver of the gay soap world.
There's even belief that the wedding coming up in January will be Will and Gabi's wedding.
- Marlena apologizes to Sami. Sami: "Who are you, and what have you done with my mother?"
- EJ, Rafe, Nicole, and Jennifer.
Has Nicole gained weight?
- I want to eat out Freddie Smith's ripe ass and suck on his ever-so-slight moobage.
- OMG Where in the hell is all of this going?
- So no one has actually ever met Freddie?
He seems like such a nice guy, in fact, the entire younger cast does, which is somewhat surprising.
Freddie was originally on 90210, again playing a gay character. His episodes are all over Youtube. It wasn't a tiny gig either. He had an ongoing storyline.
Chandler's family seems very progressive, progressive to the point where their kids seemed to have been sheltered from a lot of bigotry. They all seem very civic. Chandler's father is a well-known politician, and his mother is somewhat of a fitness enthusiast. This is a "Trader Joe's family."
Freddie has very humble origins. He's an only child, and comes from a really small town where he said there's nothing to do, even if you're a college graduate. He worked at McDonald's while trying to find work.
Chandler's only been in the business a couple of years. He flew out to LA, and that same year he landed the Days role. I can sometimes hear his Georgia accent come out.
His younger brother is on Youtube. Funny, cute kid. They all look like one another.
Chandler saying that he dated a girl he didn't know was a former porn star wore him out... lol. Mmm hmm, yeah. She probably did one bean flick vid if even that.
For someone who one an Emmy, he lives in a shithole apartment.
well NIcole was pregnant
- When will NBC decide if they're going to renew Days, or replace it with The Professionals?
- Days' contract is up in September 2013 with a one year option.
The wedding that's taking place in January that'll make gays happy -- I think Will is going to marry Gabi over the baby, but stops the wedding when he sees Sonny.
This is my prediction.
- "Nick has Will and Gabi do a test switch-a-roo, and classify Nick as the father of her baby."
Amateurs! I've been doing that since high school.
- This thread title makes me laugh. I'd like to order a tshirt, op.
- r34 how can they do a t est switch-a-roo when will is definitely the father
- Nick doesn't know Will is the father. So, the test will likely be to convince him.
- [quote]how can they do a t est switch-a-roo when will is definitely the father
You must be new here. Much like love triangles, paternity test switches are part and parcel on this show when it comes to a baby storyline.
Looks like Will won't be leaving Sonny judging from those pictures linked in R2, R5 and R6.
- I met Freddie at the GLAAD Media Awards and he was super friendly and hot as hell. Chandler had an entourage around him and was constantly on the phone. It was clear Chandler was being pushed as the next big thing while Freddie was flying under the radar.
- R38 Yes new here, following this thread i.e
- Freddie in Scandal Crest last night.
- [quote]I met Freddie at the GLAAD Media Awards and he was super friendly and hot as hell.
Did you speak to him? What'd you talk about?
Was he with anyone?
Did he smell good?
He went to Congress to speak about bullying.
- This abortion story is pointless as there is no chance she will carry through with it. These writers will not relinquish the chance to make Sami a grandmother.
Elsewhere in Salem, Eileen Davidson is quite the miracle worker. She's made both John and Marlena tolerable as of late. No one else is capable of such a feat.
- Will and Gabby then Rafe and Sami.
WTF is Sami wearing?
- Eileen gave the show an epic scene yesterday. She admitted her true motives to Marlena. Marlena was deleting messages on John's phone from Kristen who was calling repeatedly to tell him that his son Brady was in the hospital. Brady saved her from a mugging. John finds out and blasts the hell out of her. Basically, both John and Brady now believe that Kristen has changed, and that Marlena is crazy.
Kristen finds Marlena alone in a hospital room, and this happens...
- Eric Brady is so beautiful he looks like he is CGI generated. He's THE reason to watch this show right now. God fucking damn.
- Gabi and Will are running around looking for $350 to get her an abortion. Will's got a little more than $40. He goes and borrows money for Sonny, who he tells not to ask him what it's for. I'm sorry, but the show is just unintentionally hilarious. Rafe finds out that Gabi's pregnant from Sami, and now believes that Nick is the father, and goes ballistic.
Nick and Gabi are getting married for the sake of the baby, and Will is being encouraged to take part in the wedding.
- R47, you left out one other eye-rolling moment. Sami, while talking to Nick, who is unaware of Gabi's condition, blurts out to him, "Rafe is just concerned because Gabi's pregnant". Cue a confused look and a "whaaaaaat?" from Nick and Sami responding, "Oh my gosh, you didn't know!" SO, in a few days since Gabi initially got the news, everyone in town is going to know her secret.
- Freddie looks really good in those Scandal Crest videos, even though the show itself is not funny at all.
I love Kristen on the show and I can't wait until she fucks Brady.
- Alison Sweeney delivered that line well, R48
- Eric Brady is a gay right?
- All Kristen/Brady/Marlena/John scenes from clip at r45.
Eric Brady's boobs are seen throughout.
Kristen has won. John and Brady now believe Kristen has changed.
Such a fucking great episode!!
Kristen and Brady are going to be bumping uglies soon. I don't think she wants John, she just can't stand Marlena. Eileen Davidson said as much in an interview a year ago. She said that she loves finding new ways to drive Marlena nuts. She can't stand Marlena's holier-than-thou attitude. Why would she want some shriveled up old peen when she could have Brady thickness?
- Tomorrow, Days is showing a flashback episode from 1997 when Susan is outed as having impersonated Kristen. Her false teeth go flying out of her mouth and land in one of the guest's wineglasses. It was the Elvis wedding, and the secret room.
Can't wait to see this again! So fucking insane. EJ was born in 1997.
- Eric Martsolf's chest is ungodly in this @7:32.
- He's mean mean mean.
- He's got a giant bulge, and there's candid video of him going nuts on the dance floor at some soap event. The guy is sex on a stick, and fun as fuck!
- It would have been a better storyline if Sonny, Will, Gabi and Nick all had an STI and they had to figure out who gave it to whom.
- That Nick guy has a textbook case of big dick face.
Anyway, I was much more interested when Will was working for EJ and straddling the fence of evil and wanting to slide down his cock.
Days needs help. Why can't they find a writer who knows the fuck how to write.
- I actually think they've written it perfectly r58. Have you been watching the show? They haven't turned away from anything. They're pushing it as far as they can go for daytime with the gay storyline. The sex scene was as big as any heterosexual couple's on a soap.
What's happening now is classic soap. Let's face it, gay guys have kids from fucking a woman before they dealt with their sexuality. That's how this entire thing happened.
- I preferred Will and EJ. Even if they weren't fucking, I liked where they were taking Will.
Agreed, I still think Will an EJ are the IT couple but they haven't shared scenes in months
- Ive watched days for for 25 years and this is the worst. I ff every episode.
- Freddie Smith has said that this baby storyline is going to push the characters' relationship to the brink of disaster, but they're on track to becoming the Salem mega-couple in the aftermath.
- John is going to walk in on Kristen and Brady in two weeks. Kristen is going to admit to being interested in someone she shouldn't be into. Brady overhears her confession at the local church.
Eric Martsolf is going to be showing off that chest and bulge a lot next month!!!
- R62 I'm with Diana. Will and Sonny are ff material. Will should have been with EJ bumping uglies on a sling.
- Ugh! All I got was a rock.
- If the PTB/writers had agreed to a Chad/Will or a EJ?Willpairing, this show would have been MUCH more compelling. Sonny is just so...bland. Hell, I'd love to see Nick make a move on Will that turns nasty as his religious bigotry keeps him struggling in the closet. There are so many possibilities, but the producers seem intent on dishing out the same old shit.
- Freddie Smith is hawt and adorable!
- I swear I saw an episode where Freddie had giant pit stains in the coffee house.
- [quote] What's happening now is classic soap.
But it has been done to DEATH, especially on Days.
Next thing to happen is Gabi and Will to marry, Gabi to miscarry, Gabi to fake being pregnant, do a baby switch, etc.
- r70, it's a gayby. That's never been done before. Keep it from his boyfriend that he knocked up a chick at the same time he was supposed to be getting involved with him -- nope, never been done. I also don't remember people faking a baby belonging to someone else when all parties involved know the truth.
- [quote] I also don't remember people faking a baby belonging to someone else when all parties involved know the truth.
R71 you must be new to soap watching.
- They could have retold the Julie/Addie/Doug storyline with Will/EJ/Sami.
Now I know they aren't going to make the show's number one leading man gay, but there was no denying that EJ and Will had chemistry or the potential for a mentor/mentee relationship. Will was doing just fine fucking all the guys at Salem's number 1 gay bar The Spot.
- Kish did a gayby. SO dramatic that whole damn storyline. Then the momma supposedly died, then Kish had to fight for their little baby girl. Yada yada.
Shit like this is done to death. Boring romances like the one Will/Sonny are in are overdone b/c tptb are terrified of having a truly hot pairing do gay. Kish and Lure were more believable in American gay soapdom. Hoped Chill would follow. Alas, we got this shit.
Chill or EJ/Will would have been MUCH better
- R73, you know an American soap will never portray a guy like Will as the slut that most young gay men are.
I never liked the Will and EJ dynamic. It was fueled by childish innuendo from writers who were too cowardly to let Will actually be a gay man. If Massey would put as much effort into Will's scenes with Sonny as he did with Will's scenes with EJ (or even Gabi for that matter), then this relationship could actually be a scorcher. As it is now, it's flat because the love and attraction flows in only one direction.
- I think people accept the Will and Sonny pairing because they want a gay storyline. They haven't really noticed that the characters have zero chemistry and zero heat, because they're so happy to have a gay storyline. I have been watching Days for years. When they introduced the character of Lucas, he was fucking. Will's father is Lucas, his Grandfather is Bill Horton. Kate is his grandma. Will has fucking in his DNA. Let Will fuck.
- [quote][R71] you must be new to soap watching.
Okay, then tell me the show and the storyline where this was done before?
- [quote]I think people accept the Will and Sonny pairing because they want a gay storyline. They haven't really noticed that the characters have zero chemistry and zero heat, because they're so happy to have a gay storyline.
Wrong. People love Will and Sonny together because they're adorable, and both are hot as fuck.
- [quote]I never liked the Will and EJ dynamic. It was fueled by childish innuendo from writers who were too cowardly to let Will actually be a gay man.
These same writers DID let him be a gay man. Sorry if they didn't have him getting blow jobs in public restrooms.
They would never do an EJ/Will sex storyline as it would look like Will's being taken over by pedophile. Chandler looks way too young, and James looks way older than his actual age. EJ is also longing for Sami, which the fans of Days love -- EJami.
- Whatever's coming up in January is supposed to be big, and it's a wedding. Now, we know whose wedding its going to be. Somehow, gays and straights collide, and it will be an arch that gay fans will love.
Sonny is apparently going to be very bitter towards Gabi without telling her why next week.
Will was actually taking Sonny's money to get an abortion. Hell, he also took his dad's.
- [quote] I also don't remember people faking a baby belonging to someone else when all parties involved know the truth.
R77 I can start with the show in question, Days.
Kristen faked a pregnancy, and hired a double (Susan) to pretend to be her.
But the one that comes at the top of my mind is Loving. Ava got knocked up by Jack, and they got married. She lost the baby. She continued to pretend she was pregnant (with padding). She convinced her sister to switch babies with her. So Ava gave 'birth' to Jack Jr while her sister had a miscarriage.
And don't forget Amber on B&B, when she tried to pass her cousin's baby as her own. Adrienne Franz won an Emmy for the episodes where she confessed about the baby switch.
I could go on and on and on, but I have to head out for lunch.
But when I get back I could give you more shows where a woman faked a pregnancy to keep her man.
- Will and Sonny are cute but that doesn't mean that they are hot. Two pretty boys doesn't make a hot pairing.
Drama, older/younger, bad boy/good boy, starcrossed romance with feuding families, slut/virgin, etc. That background raises the stakes. There are no stakes with this deadly dull pairing. Two nice boys=who gives a shit? With Kish and Luke/Reid at least you had older/younger, asshole/nice boy, con man/cop, control freak/fearful.
- SO many people are bored with Ejami and Nicole/EJ. Done to DEATH. Snoozefest.
Days won't go on after 2013 and some dull as shit storylines isn't going to improve matters.
Days has been lying to it's gay fans for years. In fact it's kind of pathetic that anyone would be stupid enough to believe in the hype when that's all we've gotten for over two years (starting with faking us on Chill).
- One more R77 before I head out to lunch.
Tina on OLTL was presumed dead. She took Gabrielle's baby and showed up at Cord and Kate's wedding and claimed the baby was hers and Cord's.
Tina was pregnant before she went over the waterfall, and everyone thought she was dead.
- Freddie Smith is the problem. There is no other way around it.
- R79, if you consider coming out and drunkenly kissing another guy to be the extent of life for a gay man, then yes, those writers let Will be a gay man. He was closer to being a eunuch than being a gay man during the reign of the previous writers. At least the current writers are letting him explore life as a gay man. It's too bad Massey is still phoning it in as much as Stefano has been lately.
- What was the so-called fight between Kristen Alfonso and Crystal Chappell? I can't figure it out.
- r86, that's how it started out. That was months ago. Have you been watching the show? They have Will and Sonny making out in public every three seconds.
- KA refused to do scenes with CC.
- I disagree, R85. Chandler Massey hates playing gay - it radiates off his being in every scene with Freddie. Let Freddie date someone else, someone who's not afraid to pinch a nip or slip a little tongue.
- THE best pregnancy story line was Annie's on Guiding Light. Being a psycho, after Annie's baby died, she continued to carry the baby in utero until she faced off with her arch-nemesis Reva atop a flight of stairs, whereupon Annie was "pushed" and fell down the stairs. I wonder if Days' writers remembered this scene when it came to writing Nicole's recent trip down the stairs at Horton Square.
- Do you even watch this show, R85? Massey looks bored in his scenes with Smith. Will seems like he hates touching and kissing his boyfriend, whereas Sonny couldn't be happier and more physical. Smith is fully invested whereas Massey is checked out and he looks it.
- Kristen / Susan's false teeth just went flying in today's repeat!
- The problem is Freddie Smith is too good for this show. There's no other way around that.
- R84 wasn't Kate played by Marcia Cross? Loved her as crazy Kimberly on nighttime soap Melrose Place.
- I think people are reading way too much into what they believe are Massey's motives for playing the role the way he has.
Since he's the inexperienced one of the couple, and Will is just getting over his reluctance about being out to the public, it's natural he'd display a bit of restraint or hesitation in his actions.
It's true that CM had more chemistry with JS than with FS but that's largely due to James Scott's charisma. EJ's just more fuckable than Sonny.
[quote]I swear I saw an episode where Freddie had giant pit stains in the coffee house.
I noticed that, too. Some people sweat more than others, especially under hot lights. That's why David Letterman's studio is like a walk-in refrigerator. The actor needs to use something like dress shields under his shirt.
- [quote] KA refused to do scenes with CC.
Untrue, KA and CC shared many scenes together.
- No they didn't. Look again. KA refused. That is the truth.
- [quote] No they didn't. Look again. KA refused. That is the truth.
Exhibit A (link below)
This is one year into Crystal's tenure on Days.
- Today's flashback episode was one of the greatest -- Susan Banks fake teeth flying out of her mouth and into a wine glass at her Graceland wedding. A drunk hillbilly. Eileen should have won that damn Emmy that year!
About Chandler, he was jumping for joy over the news of his character's coming out. I honestly think he's just stiff in every scene he's in, not just the gay ones.
You think he's disgusted at making out with a guy? Did you see the love scene? God, they were kissing nipples and everything.
- Does anyone think that Freddie Smith is gay or bi? I'm not trying to start the typical everyone's gay on DL shit, but I just can't read him, even in interviews. The same goes for Chandler, even though he says he's straight. He almost seems like a virgin.
- KA and CC may have had a total of 3 or 4 scenes together during her time on the show, mainly because KA refused to work with CC. Sony was brought in and more or less forced her to perform the scenes that they did have to have together. The entire storyline was rewritten to keep Carly and Hope apart.
- R103 first you are saying KA and CC never had any scenes together.
Now you are saying that they were forced to have scenes together.
Please pick one consistent narrative and stick with it!
- R77 we haven't heard from you. Do you still want
[quote] people faking a baby belonging to someone else when all parties involved know the truth.
from past storylines on soaps?
I've got a TON
- [quote]Today's flashback episode was one of the greatest -- Susan Banks fake teeth flying out of her mouth and into a wine glass at her Graceland wedding. A drunk hillbilly. Eileen should have won that damn Emmy that year!
What made that scene even better was that the false teeth landed in the cocktail glass of Vivian Alamain. Louise Sorel had a great reaction shot.
- I don't remember why KA and CC started to have conflict - again - though KA is a cunt to anyone other than Dee Dee Halls and thinks about getting near her storyline.
But there was a nasty showdown between KA and CC and their fans on Twitter, plus Nelson Branco, soapland's answer to Jerry Springer. They were talking about how fucking anorexic KA looked and called her on her shit. CC was let go not long after.
I'd side with CC any day. She's way more real.
KA is no different than Melissa "Chick Fil A" Reeves.
- Loved seeing the 1997 wedding again.
But one thing that struck me. These days, Drake's voice sounds rather raspy and gravely at time. No trace of such raspiness in the 1997 episode.
Does Drake smoke? Aside from being 15 years older, what's causing his voice to be so raspy now?
- r108, you read my mind. I was thinking that he must have lung cancer now or something. At least emphysema.
- Wed Dec 5th
-Nick and Gabi share their news with Sonny
- Drake also had a lot of gray hair in 1997. Not a lick of it today.
- r67 that's incest, nick is will's cousin.
I met Freddie Smith at the GLAAD Media Awards and didn't get a gay vibe at all. Just seemed like a really gay-friendly straight guy.
- 1997 was a golden age for DOOL. Here's one with Sami, Carrie, Austin, Lucas, and Kate.
- Both Chandler and Freddie have stated they're straight. Freddie said it on Twitter in the last month.
- R115, John Travolta claims to be straight, too. They are young actors in Hollywood. Take what they say with a grain of salt.
- Friday's flashback episode - Susan's Elvis wedding to John.
Was James E. Reilly gay? Who else but a gay man could come up with this shit?
- Chad is going to reveal to Sonny what Gabi did to Melanie. That's coming up in two weeks or so.
- I wonder how big Freddie and Chandler's cocks are.
- KA had a nice body back then.
- Driving Around Hollywood with Freddie Smith
- I guess we know where the show / the network stands on abortion after today's episode.
- They were never going to have a character get an abortion. Unfortunately, they overdid the Nicole losing baby story, so they can't do that one now. This gayby is going to be born. This is sort of like Sami and Lucas, and not knowing who the father was. Will came out of that. But hey, the show is going with the gay thing, so whatever.
Sonny is going to find out what Gabi did to Melanie from Chad, and Sonny is going to be one massive bitch to Gabi beforehand since he feels that whatever is going on with Will is being caused by her.
- Will and Sonny will be spending Christmas together.
Script outlines leaked have been broken down and speculated by the fans. Some think that Will and Sonny might get engaged.
As far as I know, gay marriage isn't legal yet in Salem, but who knows? We don't even know what frigging state it's suppose to be set in.
There are about 15% of the viewership that is homophobic. You'll find those idiots on the official Facebook page, and the Hulu comments, sometimes Getglue, but not often. Thankfully, those people are ripped a new one by dedicated fans, and I mean with over 400 responses.
You'd think that it would be the younger generation that's only accepting of this gay storyline, but even middle aged Middle America women love Wilson, and have been screaming for them to get together too. It's sweet.
- He's the Christmas breakdown with Sonny and Will throughout.
I can't decipher this. The fans are great at it though. I guess they've had a lot of practice with these.
I want Wilson under the mistletoe!
- R125, they have kissed pretty much everywhere already. Kissing under the mistletoe is probably a given for them, hopefully in Jennifer's house as she watches.
- Will & Sonny were voted #1 soap couple on the welovesoaps.com poll for 2 weeks in a row with Freddie Smith as Favorite Actor. Fans have clearly embraced WilSon despite the homophobic comments of a few.
- I have to say that Freddie looks a lot handsomer in the video linked by r121 than he does now on Days.
- Nicole's story = Kristen's
I can't believe it after watching this scene from 1997. Kristen pulls a gun on Marlena and John. Eileen Davidson was fucking amazing in this.
- r128, the video is from back when he was on 90210, and he was in shape. Days is filmed three months ahead of schedule. Freddie seems to have lost weight, but we won't see it until February.
- I love this show. Glad to see Kate back on this week. She's so underrated.
- R129, you said it!!! Davidson was awesome in that video.
- The fraus don't mind gay romances as long as they're puppy love in nature, with pretty boys stealing glances & kisses and holding hands. These "accepting" fraus would tune out the moment things turned sexual or if the characters were played by actors who look like real men. They would vomit at the thought of a hairy piggy bottom type playing this kind of role. As long as the characters are not totally sexualized they'll watch. Corday knows that's a very fine line.
- R133 has obviously never been on a soap opera board populated with 'fraus.' They do nothing but complain about how chaste gay couples are on the soaps and how they don't show anything. They made complete fun of shows like AS the World Turns when Luke and Noah first had sex, that showed them jumping on the bed and then having ice cream with grandma. They don't have a problem with too sexual as most complain it isn't sexual enough.
In fact read some m/m most of which are written by women and a lot of it is hard core erotica. I don't think women are the shrinking violets, clutching pearls and sitting on their fainting couches that you're making them out to be.
- [quote]They were never going to have a character get an abortion.
Please. It's NBC. On Passions, the Virgin Mary herself made an apparition to Kay convince her to abort the abortion.
Still, it wasn't as good as the ghost of Princess Diana saving Sheridan Crane's life after they had both had had, years apart, fatal crashes, chased by paparazzi, under the Pont d'Alma, but it was close in tastelessness.
- This week's SOD has an article about Will's decision.
Will is stunned when he finds out Nick wants to marry Gabi and legally claim the baby as his. The discussion Will and Gabi have is upsetting to Gabi because she loves both Nick and Will, but in different ways.
Gabi tells Will that Nick's intentions are genuine. According to Banus, Nick sets this plan in motion because he understands that if Will decides to raise the baby it will ruin his (Will's) life. There's a possibility that Sonny won't want to be with Will if he knows the truth.
Will wants to make Gabi happy, so he agrees to the plan. Ultimately, they all just want what is best for the baby.
Gabi and Nick end up sharing their plans for the future with Sonny. They want Sonny to believe that Nick is the biological father.
For all the details, pick up the newest SOD!
- Eileen Davidson and Eric Martsolf will be continuously having sex next week. Marlena walks in on hem. Eric will be shirtless again! His tits are bigger than Eileen's.
- Let me say that tomorrow's episode is to die for!! #wilson make love and tell each other I love you and we get drunk Chad too in the mix!!! This story is getting so good;)))
- The priest is Jensen Ackles grown up, right? Is he a chaste Catholic priest or a sexually active Anglican one?
- Do Anglican priest wear that get up and call each other "Father" and "Sister"? This is John and Kristen all over again. Even Nicole's story was a rip-off of Kristen. Days is repeating itself. How many baby stories are they going to keep doing? Nick is stealing Will's baby.
- [quote]Do Anglican priest wear that get up and call each other "Father" and "Sister"?
I think so. What's the point of a celibate soap character?
- Tomorrow, Will turns to Sonny in the coffee shop and tells him, "I really need to be with you right now." They fuck, and they both tell each other that they love one another in Sonny's bedroom.
- yes r140 and r141,Anglican priest are allowed to
marry and remain priest while catholic priest
are not without giving up their priesthood.
- Do you think Americans know this? They're probably going to think it's a Catholic priest, who will end up fucking a woman while wearing the collar. Here comes another scandal for American viewers.
- Why doesn't Nicole adopt the spawn?
- All the characters on the show are Catholic so it's safe to assume that Eric is indeed a Catholic priest who will be breaking his vow of celibacy in an upcoming storyline when he molests Abe's son Theo. The show has never done a Catholic priest molestation story before and are trying to be topical.
- I can't believe it. The Brady/Kristen sex scene has leaked. It's softcore porn. I can't get over this. I'm surprised then didn't go one step further and have Eileen giving Eric a blowjob.
- I saw a clip of a shirtless Will lying on the bed. So he bottoms?
- Will lies on the bed shirtless, and that means he bottoms? Can you explain that to me?
- He was facedown.
- The blond is always the bottom. Same dynamic with Kish and Nuke.
- I would think Sonny's hole would have been stretched since he's been in the gay lifestyle much longer. I guess that doesn't mean that he would have had to have done anal, but Will is new to all of that, and Sonny should have pull a versatile just to ease Will into it.
- Will and Sonny today.
- That Brady and Kristen sex scene was hotter and much more intense than Will and Sonny's romp a couple of weeks ago. Then again, even the Nick and Gabi sex scenes have been hotter and more intense than Will and Sonny's sex.
- R152's reasoning is both hilarious and antediluvian.
- Nuke? When were they ever in a bed? I just remember them walking out of a shower and they were supposed to have had sex. Proctor and Gamble, the homophobes, would never have allowed a scene like WilSon had.
- R154 Of course it was more intense and explicit - they are heterosexuals. The double standard is alive and well.
- I don't agree. Sonny and Will's "scenes," it wasn't merely a "scene," have been hot, at least hotter than Nick and Gabi. I mean, Sonny was kissing Will's nipple, and they had just their crotches covered. They had a bunch of hot scenes that led up to the sex scene. Those were really hot. The dialogue happening between the two of them is also really hot. That being said, this sex scene between Eileen and Eric is so over-the-top, it almost makes me uncomfortable.
There's an Emmy-Award winning stunt man returning to the show for Christmas. People think there's going to be some accident involving the wedding, and possibly Sonny.
- Interesting to see the MASH priest on todays episode.
- [quote] I would think Sonny's hole would have been stretched since he's been in the gay lifestyle much longer.
ROFL. This is the stupidest thing that has been said on a thread with many stupid things having been said.
Getting fucked doesn't PERMANENTLY stretch your hole out, Mary. If that was the case, most of you whores' asslips would be dragging on the ground!
Some man whores can still be tight, after being fucked countless times. Conversely, some virgins can be loose. It all depends on how relaxed you are when you get fucked.
- Nick is soo hot.
- Does EJ still want to fuck the living shit out of Will?
- Nick the lips is what the fans call him.
- Re: Galen Gering/Rafe
I've been meaning to post this for a couple of weeks and now that the holiday is over I'm finally getting around to it. Sorry it took so long.
I'm greatly disappointed in Galen Gering and I'm not talking about his acting. I saw him accidentally on the Jeff Probst Show a few weeks ago with several other members of the cast. The entire show was dedicated to DOOL. When Probst announced they were all going to play a game, Gering got very sarcastic and said he wasn't going to kiss anyone or do anything otherwise romantic. Since there was only one woman cast member there (Hope) that left him surrounded by men. HE CAME ACROSS AS VERY HOMOPHOBIC! Since that time, I've not been able to watch him without having bad feelings.
To be sure, I now rank him with Jennifer and other Chick-Fil-A's and don't care to see him on the screen. There was talk about him leaving the show a year ago. I wish he would ... and take Jen with him.
- Galen never struck me as homophobic, but I really don't have much to base that on.
Look, I'm gay, and if I was in a room full of only women, I'd play along and do it if need be, but I'm sure many gay men wouldn't dare do it. That doesn't mean they're all outright misogynist. He knows and works with these cast members. Since he knows them personally, perhaps he has other reasons to not want to kiss them. He could/possibly been joking around, pretending he can't stand them.
I'm surprised by Probst's personality off "Survivor." He's all pro-gay, and very nice. I thought he was going to act like this macho, fratboy, douche bag.
- I tried to recast what I heard as a joke, too. I can't. It was just too strongly homophobic, vis a vis the Will/Sonny story line. It sounded genuinely meanspirited and homophobic. That's why I said I was disappointed in him.
- I didn't see it, so. That'd be really said if he was really like that in private. I watched he with Chandler doing candid interviews at a soap event. TBH, he seems not to take the whole soap thing seriously.
- I saw the episode R164 is referring about and it didn't seem too homophobic, it seemed more as a joke. In fact, I think he was joking around with James Scott when he made the comments.
- Having watched today's DOOL, more and more I get the feeling that Chandler isn't with this storyline anymore. He was a real bore with all he's been doing lately.
- Freddie Smith just did a long radio interview today. I'll find it for you. The Sonny-Will story is here for the long-run, and they're obviously going to dramatize it as far as they can.
- Much like the audience, Massey has given up on this absurd baby story. Smith still seems like he gives a damn but he's not on much except to serve as Will's sex buddy. At least Massey seemed somewhat engaged in his scenes with Smith this past Friday when Will lured Sonny away from work so they could fuck.
- What do you mean Massey has given up on the baby story?
Anyway, Sonny is featured a lot in the coming weeks. He turns on Gabi. He finds out from Chad what she did to Melanie. Sonny believes he knows what's going on between her, Will, and Nick. Nick is trying to steal Will's baby from him, and they're getting married. Will is expected to be part of the wedding. Everyone thinks the baby is Nick's. Sonny is involved in this entire thing.
Someone said that they did this same storyline on "General Hospital" back in the early 90s, another guy pretending to be the father of another guy's baby and marrying the girl.
- Nick can pretend to be my daddy.
- R173 I always picture Nick as having an obscenely huge penis - I don't know why.
- Do any of you really think that Sonny is hot? Be honest.
- Chad and Will would have been 1000 times more intriguing. The DeMaera/Brady feud would be moved to Def Con 5 if that happened. Who cares about Rafe's entitled ho sister getting knocked up? In reality, half of Wisconsin could be her babyfather.
- R175 My Days Top 10:
5. Will (loses a couple points for the smirk)
- I find the whole angle with NIck interesting. They spent the last three months rehabilitating him, and then threw in his non-acceptance of homosexuality - and now, he's laying it on thick that Will doesn't want to be a father so Nick himself, can step in and be a dad. What hasn't been explicitly said - and I hope they do bring up - is that Nick has to be thinking that it isn't right for a gay man to help raise a kid. Given his attitude, he CAN"T think it's okay and is actively trying to replace Will in his child's life.
So, is Nick a good guy or a shady guy. I started out rooting for him, now, not at all.
And 173, you think that because tall lanky guys like Nick often do.
And can I just say, I don't know what it is about Brady - typically guys like him (basically a Ken doll) do nothing for me - they just seem too plastic. But I want Brady something awful. There's just something about Eric Martsolf that suggests something more than white bread blandness, which is what you might think when you first look at him. His acting kinda combines a gentle masculinity with a bit of melodramatic facial expressions and body movements - I don't know, all together i just find him sexy. And it doesn't hurt that Brady is a horn dog that eventually seems to have to mount every woman he comes across, former almost-stepmom or not.
- Sonny hot? Not really hot, but cute and absolutely dateable. EJ is hot - but oddly, only when he's around Will - the chemistry those two have is far and above the chemistry they have with anyone else. Chad can be sexy,but often just comes off goofy. Brady is sex on a stick. Will borders sexy but has that all american blonde big chested hot look that makes you wonder how nasty he could be. Nick seems like he would be fun, nasty alley sex. Rafe - boring. Jonas - hot body but oddly not sexy to me at all.
-  Kristen is bringing out this new sexy in Brady and now just hearing the sex in his voice and seeing it in his eyes is like hotter than watching porn.
As for Nick, he was always a good guy before he got hooked on drugs. I think his wanting to step in now is more about saving Gabi from being a single mom than his homophobia. I don't know exactly why they went there with the homophobia - it seemed against Nick's character. I for one am holding out hope that it's going to be a "teachable moment" kind of thing and that Nick is going to become more open minded and accepting. Oh, and yeah he totally has a huge dong.
- I agree about Nick, r180. Homophobia has come out of nowhere. I really don't it's consistent with his character. Let's hope they don't do a dreadful prison rape plot to explain it. Groan.
- Will and EJ was the story. They wouldn't even have to do it, just have Will fall for him hard and then scheme to destroy his mother who he feels is standing in the way of him having EJ. Who wouldn't watch that. Has Will even gone through his whore phase yet?
- R180 I had not even considered the prison rape angle. Let's hope they don't go there. Although I gotta admit, this ass wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes if I ran into Nick in the prison shower - just sayin'.
- [quote] Will fall for him hard and then scheme to destroy his mother who he feels is standing in the way of him having EJ.
And people would have been complaining about how that shows gays in the worse possible light.
- R182, neither Will or EJ would ever fall for the other due to the Johnny and Sydney connection. Soaps may be incestuous to some degree; but that is a line that would never be crossed. That's not to mention how it would be out of character for either of them to be attracted to the other no matter how much James or Chandler may have played it up. Sonny and EJ are a far more likely pairing than Will and EJ. Invest in some fan fic if you want some of that Will and EJ action.
Yesterday's Brady and Kristen sex was somewhat spicy all things considered. It's too bad Will and Sonny's first time wasn't that hot.
- I notice that Chandler Massey has chemistry with every actor on Days- of any age, male or female- except Freddie Smith, his love interest! What is the story there: Do Freddie and Chandler not get along, or have one or both of them grown bored with the storyline? Of course it could also be that Chandler or Freddie may be afraid that playing a gay character might affect how he will be perceived in future roles.
- I'm actually glad that someone in this small midwestern town with an international airport and major shipping traffic is homophobic. It makes a better story when someone has an issue with it. I just wish it was a character like Maggie or Grandma Brady.
I loved it when Lisa had a problem with Jessica and the Scottish guy on World Turns. Here was the town slut, upset about an interracial couple. It was good and gave the story layers.
- Chandler and Freddie don't spend any time together. Chandler spends time with everyone else -- a lot of time. I don't know what it is with Freddie. They weren't even following each other on Twitter until recently.
- Sonny and Will spend a long Christmas together where they discuss their dreams.
- Has Freddie always been a little thick or did he just recently gain some weight? He needs to lose about 20 lbs, he would go from cute to hot.
- R190, see the link in R2.
- How big do you think Chandler and Freddie's dicks are?
I bet Chandler shaves since he shaves the rest of his body.
- Have you seen Chandler's forearms, R192? They are some of the furriest ones on the show. He's also letting his chest hair grow out judging from all of his recent shirtless scenes. I think Freddie shaves more than Chandler does nowadays.
- I'm going to watch Mon and Tues episodes tonight but, in general, the show has been much better the past few weeks. I had doubts about the Kristen/Marlena rivalry but it's given DH her best material since the Marlena/Will coming out scenes.
R183, I take it that screenshot is not from Days. Nice ass but I still think Nick looks like a young Nic Cage, albeit sexier.
To me, his homophobia is more believable than were it from Maggie or Caroline. I'd have given the expressions of homophobia to Victor or John even. But, please no facile prison rape explanation.
FWIW, I think the Wilson hookup was steamy enough for their first time. No need to, shall we say, have them shoot their wad on the initial encounter. There is hopefully much more to come!
- For the Blake Berris fans
- Blake Berris was getting flack on Twitter, answering people who believed he was homophobic in real life. He said that he has gay friends, is for gay marriage, etc. Kristan Alfonso even chimed in a said she agreed.
Earlier he had said in an interview that Nick had experienced some things in prison, and that's why he became homophobic.
Now, did he make up this back story for himself, or is this something coming up? Days is shot three months ahead of schedule. How long has he been back on the show? If he was talking about it at the beginning of his comeback, then the hatred of gays explanation should come pretty early in the show -- or the producers explained it to him in advance. With all this baby crap, I don't see how the prison story would work in right now.
- [quote]I agree about Nick, [R180]. Homophobia has come out of nowhere.
I don't agree. He was released from prison, was around Wilson, and kept looking uncomfortable. How did it come out of nowhere? It was there right off the bat. It didn't just suddenly happen after he met the two of them.
- The one who's most comfortable doing this shit is Freddie who is definitely straight. I wonder if the first guy he kissed in his life was on television.
I said it before, Massey, I just can't wrap my head around. He's really good with the sex scenes with Camilla, but there's just something so semi-gay about him. Maybe it's because he comes across as so innocent in interviews. He said he unknowingly dated a porn star in LA. Is this to make it known to the public that he's not gay. He's the one who's really been put into the spotlight with people who want to give him an even bigger career after the Emmy win. I could see them bearding him.
- I said that the full-blown Wilson sex scene would come by February two months ago. No one believed me. Not only did it come, but it came months ahead of that. I said that they're going for broke.
The show is taking on two current topics: homosexuality, and now cougarism.
- Yes, Eileen and Eric had an over-the-top sex scene, but Sonny kissed Will's nipple, and they were shown with just their crotches covered. They also had a massive lead up to the encounter, feeling each others shirtless bodies, and kissing. I can't really trash the show.
- What's unbelievable: the writers unable to explain what the hell Gabi is trying to sell to Will, that the baby can't be raised by two parents who aren't married or living together. It makes absolutely no sense. She actually sits down and constantly says this to him. Parents don't share custody? She needs to fake the baby being someone else's, her convict boyfriend's who's agreed to marry her? She loves Nick, he loves Sonny. And... so what, Gabi? It makes no sense.
- Days is currently the lowest rated soap on the air now. They have nothing to lose and throwing everything they have hoping to generate ratings.
- Will is hiding the secret about knocking Gabi up, Sonny is going to find out what Gabi did to Melanie, and is keeping that from Will. So both are going to be hiding shit from each other. That's the official plotline just leaked.
- [quote]Days is currently the lowest rated soap on the air now.
No, it's not. It comes in at #3 of 4.
- I'd watch religiously if they'd let Shawn Christian perform buck naked every day.
- [quote] No, it's not. It comes in at #3 of 4.
LAST PLACE in
Women 18-49 Viewers
Women 18-49 rating
ALL IN LAST PLACE
R204 numbers don't lie.
- Soap ratings are shockingly back up. I guess Wilson will continue. Without the gay and the return of Eileen Davidson, Days would have been cancelled already.
"Surprise! Soap Opera Ratings Bubble Up"
A year after ABC ditched two daytime dramas, the remaining shows are seeing a resurgence.
When ABC canceled One Life to Live and All My Children a year ago, the network cited declining ratings, higher production costs and changing viewer tastes as the reasons. But this season, all four surviving daytime broadcast soaps -- ABC's General Hospital, CBS' The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful and NBC's Days of Our Lives -- have seen a surprise uptick in ratings and are outpacing the talk shows that replaced Life and Children.
“What’s happened is the core audience realized these treasures might go away,” says Bill Carroll, vp and director of programming at Katz Television Group. “They decided they’d better watch, or the shows are not going to be there.”
Consolidating that audience was a goal of recent casting moves, according to Frank Valentini, executive producer of General Hospital (and formerly of One Life to Live). “We brought three actors from One Life to Live to General Hospital, so I’m sure we brought some fans over,” he says.
Valentini cites other recent improvements — storylines don’t drag out as long, portrayals of women are more contemporary, and there are fewer flashbacks and more intrigue, romance and humor. The result: GH, which moved up an hour to 2 p.m. to make room for the new talk show Katie, is seeing ratings gains.
Social media and increasing use of DVRs also are helping drive viewers. “There’s a water-cooler sort of effect in social media,” says Valentini. For instance, a mid-November episode of Days was seen live by about 1.8 million people. Another 409,000 time-shifted to later that day, and an additional 178,000 watched within seven days. (That means about 25 percent of overall viewers watched a recording.)
Costs also have been trimmed from what a source says was the $170,000 it took to produce a network episode in 2011 (about $42 million a year).
At the same time, ABC’s One Life to Live replacement The Chew is averaging 2.4 million total viewers. That’s competitive with GH, but in the key demo of women 25-to-54 (which is what advertisers care about most), Chew generates only a 0.9 rating, about one-third less than GH delivers. Katie also is failing to attract as many women 25-to-54 as GH. (ABC’s other soap replacement, the lifestyle self-help show The Revolution, already has been canceled.)
Given the resurgence, could this mean new dramas soon will be coming to daytime? Says Carroll, “At some point in the future, the trend will once again be soap operas.”
- If Days wants a ratings increase all they have to do is bring back James E. Reilly. He is the only writer, except Bill Bell, in Days history who has brought the show to the top of the ratings. Bring him back and watch what happens.
- R208 that is difficult to do since he is dead.
- [quote]If Days wants a ratings increase all they have to do is bring back James E. Reilly.
He's dead, honey. You got a shovel?
- R208 I actually hear JER's quite the stiff these days - really lost his spark so to speak.
- r206, that's weird, because two issues again is Soap Opera Digest, it had it at #3. Anyway, read r207.
- Well read R206 the free fall is continuing.
- "Not really spoilers but Blake and Freddie were tweeting one another about some great scenes they had just filmed and Freddie said it was just one of many great stories to come. This makes me even more sure the baby is born in March. Based on the Gabi hospital gown pic and Blakes other tweet about Nick and Sami's scenes. But it also makes me wonder since it seems to being going nuts in March that there might not be as much that comes out at the wedding as we think."
- Sami-Eric-Eric-Nicole scene from 12/4.
Finally, they have nice hair for Sami.
- Has Greg Vaughan always been this ridiculously attractive?
I swear it's almost as if he is getting better looking the older he is.
I am curious as to the reason he has been having those nightmares, hopefully they shed some more light on that soon.
I Heard Cameron is getting recast? Was there a reason why?
- The new Cameron... NSFW.
- Bryan Dattilo has taken to Twitter asking fans to help him demand more airtime. It's really sad.
If he's still not getting time when they're three months ahead of schedule, and he's hardly on anymore now (cept to bust up Wilson), then they might as well give him the ax.
- [quote]Greg Vaughan
His nipples are so fucking perfect!
Someone thought he was actually undercover, or some shit.
He's never been on this show before, right?
Deidre Hall is posting photos of him on Facebook.
I'm glad they didn't bring back the original actor, even though so many wanted them too. Vaughan is so much hotter.
I'm glad they had Will confront him as a priest, and bring up that he's gay. They wrote it very well. A "no bullshit" moment.
- I must say I like nucam.
That chin on the last one was distracting.
With Brady,Eric, E.J and the new Cameron I would say Days has the best looking guys on daytime.
- R219 Agreed, that was a very real moment with Will and Eric. I had never seen this actor before who is playing Eric (I know he was on GH) but he brings something very realistic and human to the role.
R220 New Cam much better looking than old Cam - let's hope he is a better actor too!
- I saw this in Soap Opera Digest and nearly died laughing.
Katherine Kelly Lang.
Her son may be selling his ass in porn, but our girl Kelly is selling something even closer to DL's heart - caftans (earrings not included).
- "I love caftans"
- The old Cameron had a chin like Jay Leno.
- Sonny: I know something we can do to warm up.
- Live stream of Freddie in Scandal Crest at link.
Show starts in 1hr 20mins
- Get lost, bigot
- What would Dr. Tom Horton think about all these mos running around Salem?
- This is one of my favorite on-air mistakes. While Kristen fantasizes about making love to John, at the end the director yells "clear" and Drake and Eileen instantly stop kissing. This actually aired in 1997. lol
- I love it, R229. Also, seeing Vivian and Kristen team up was awesome.
- Let's start a facebook campaign to bring back Jim Reilly and make Days #1 again.
- James Reilly died. Long live the Queen!
- I wish Jim Reilly were alive to come back. His second stint on the show was hampered because of his dual gig head writing for both Passions and Days. If he only had Days to focus on again, I am sure we would be in for some more great story lines. Nothing will ever compare to the Possession, Aremid, Lady in a Cage (aka Marlena kidnapped in Paris), The Secret Room, the Sami, Carrie, and Austin love triangle, Carly buried alive, and the Salem Serial Killer story lines.
RIP James Reilly.
- Dee Hall is eternally youthful. I switched on Days the other day for the first time in years, and, no kidding, Dee looks about 25. How does she manage to stay so youthful?
- James Reilly learned from the best. William J. Bell. Reilly worked at Y&R and got his first nomination there, learning the craft from Bell.
I just don't understand why other writers couldn't pick up the mantle from Bill Bell, Agnes Nixon and Doug Marland.
- As much as I liked most of his work on DAYS, the writing on PASSIONS was garbage.
- r235, they trained good writers like Lorraine Broderick, Wisner Washam and Kay Alden. I think the problem with these writers was that by the time these people took over, there was so much network/corporate interference.
- The last big story Reilly did was the Salem Stalker. He swore the whole thing wasn't going to turn into a dream, or turn out to be not real. The entire thing resulted in a Salem from another dimension.
"Passions" was the SNL-version of "Days of our Lives." Monkey nurses falling in love with their patients.
- Eileen and Eric Martsolf stood, signed photos, and talked to fans. The paps couldn't get over how nice Eileen was. She's a really funny chick. She makes fun of her B-movie career on Twitter, and posts photos and video from it. I like people with a good sense of humor about themselves. She's actually 'Susan Lucci' respected. Three shows were after her in the 2000s. I've never seen anything like it. She was brought back to "Days" by Sony, who ended her "Young and the Restless" contract, in order to save the show.
She still wants to play Susan Banks, which I predict she will again on the show.
She was all over the gay storyline, saying that she loves seeing two boys kissing everyday on her monitor in her dressing room. She got one of the diva dressing rooms at the studio. She's in one of the suites. She's not even near the other cast members.
That rumor of her being a man still persists. I wonder if she knows, and what she thinks about it. Snopes found out who people were confusing her with, a transvestite back in the early 1990s on some talk show.
- How much do you think Freddie Smith is making a year off this show? He's a contract player now?
I bet Chandler is or will be able to demand a higher salary after the Emmy win.
The show took major budget cuts though. I wouldn't be surprised if Deidre was making $100,000.
- Chandler singing in high school!
- Sonny is now treating Gabi like shit, and threatening her.
- Not a moment too soon, R242.
- R241 DIVA! He even does the Mariah hand movements. This wasn't as gay as the video he made of him singing a song he wrote for Casey Deidrick. He was obviously in love with him
- 244, where's that video?
His father is fucking hot.
- Eric Martsolf in wig, singing with Days fan. This guy is so frigging gay.
- DAYS has laid off most of its crew.
News is coming out that the "Days" NABET-CWA Local 53 crew members have been laid off, effective December 31. NABET comprises most of the positions in the audio, lighting and video departments. Many are long-time veterans of the show. Of the group, technical directors Mike Caruso & J.C. O'Neill have been with the show the longest, since the early 1980's. Lighting director Ted Polmanski and cameramen John Sizemore and Mike Mecartea joined the show full-time after "Santa Barbara" was cancelled in 1992. Jackie Frazier, who "Days" had write a few episodes from 2001-2003, has been a boom operator with the show since the mid-1990's. Overall, the NABET crew members were responsible for 35 of 212 Daytime Emmy nominations that the show has received through the years.
Here are some quotes regarding the planned layoffs, from the October 29, 2012 edition of The Burbank Leader:
More than 175 employees at entertainment-related companies in Burbank likely will be laid off starting in December...studio representatives said.
NBCUniversal issued 50 layoff notices effective Dec. 31, according to the state. The employees — who primarily fill technical and operations positions — are represented by the National Assn. of Broadcast Employees and Technicians - Communications Workers of America, Local 53.
Union president Steve Ross said NBCUniversal officials are saying the workers aren’t needed because the company no longer owns the studio lot in Burbank, which it sold in 2007. Some of the air-conditioning and building-services workers have been hired by the lot’s new owner, Ross said. However, production staffers who work on “Days of Our Lives” are still in limbo, he added.
Ross said he has filed grievances against NBCUniversal over the layoffs. “I don’t agree with what they’re doing,” he said.
- Probably the final step before cancellation.
- r248, it's not just Days. Workers from all over are being laid off by NBC Universal.
- They're hiring cheap labor, non-union.
Nothing to see here.
- The October 29 article states that the layoffs have come from NBCUniversal, not Days/Sony:
NBCUniversal issued 50 layoff notices effective Dec. 31, according to the state. The employees — who primarily fill technical and operations positions — are represented by the National Assn. of Broadcast Employees and Technicians - Communications Workers of America, Local 53.
Union president Steve Ross said NBCUniversal officials are saying the workers aren’t needed because the company no longer owns the studio lot in Burbank, which it sold in 2007. Some of the air-conditioning and building-services workers have been hired by the lot’s new owner, Ross said. However, production staffers who work on “Days of Our Lives” are still in limbo, he added.
- It's great when companies do this right before the holidays.
- Are they laying people off at Countess W or Basic Black?
- When did they drop the 'ilhemina' from 'Countess W?' That was a great storyline in the 90s with Billie, Alice and Maggie and the hot lab assistant that was hot for Billie but was dropped when they paired her with Bo.
- Chandler's Tweet:
ChandlerMassey: Thank you friends for the most touching gifts I have received in a long time. Your letters could not have come at a better time. Thank you!
- In terms of the layoffs, it is much cheaper to bring in freelance crew that crew that is on staff.
- Happy 66th birthday to Elaine Princi, aka the original Dr. Kate Winograd.
Born Dec. 14, 1946 -- she's one of the original baby boomers.
- Missy Reeves now has the full responsibility of supporting the family.
Her hubby Scott just got axed as Steven Lars on General Hospital.
- Well, he could always find employment at Chick-Fil-A.
What is Chandler getting at? Is he suicidal?
- R259, he was probably just sad due to the layoffs mentioned by R251.
- r260, you're probably right. I'm sure his letters to those who were laid off will make them feel so much better.
- Y'all, I'm trying to stay on this train, but the ride is getting really boring.
- I'm awaiting Will and Sonny's magical Christmas together, and Eileen Davidson is stealing and saving the show everyday.
- I've got this entire week's worth of shows I haven't watched yet.
Any particular day more interesting?
- It's all about benefits. And companies don't want to pay for them anymore. This is why we need single payer health care in this country.
- R264, watch Wednesday's show as it was by far the best one of the week. There was some good stuff with Kristen, Brady and Victor. The gays were on while Daniel and Jennifer were not.
- Ugh. Daniel, Jennifer and Nicole are the worst.
- Just watch all the Kristen/Brady/Marlena/John/Victor scenes from each day, here in HD.
- I went to grammar school with Eileen and she was a woman then. Or rather a girl.
- Just watch all the Kristen/Brady/Marlena/John/Victor scenes from each day, here in HD.
- lol @ r268. I love that rumor, but Snopes shot it down, and found the person everyone was confusing her with, a transsexual.
What was she like in school? She seems so sweet. I saw her with fans. She stood and talked to them, signed whatever they wanted, etc. She doesn't take herself seriously. She even makes fun of the B-movies she was in. I think she's the only actress that three soaps wanted simultaneous in the last decade.
- She has an Adam's apple.
- AMC reached out to her to replace Thorsten Kaye, but her heart belonged to Sony.
- Unfortunately I didn't really know her in grammar school. She was a year ahead of me at Beatitudes of Our Lord in La Mirada. I was only reminded recently at a reunion that she was in school with us. People who know her say she was incredibly nice.
- [quote]She has an Adam's apple.
So do tons of women. She's very thin.
Anyway, they're now getting her involved with the gay storyline.
- I can't believe it.
Once again it's possible that All My Children and One Life to Live will be revived in 2013.
- Its a christmas miracle!
Assuming they actually follow through this time...
- The 'Steve Burton is unemployed' thread has been shut down.
- Prospect Park -- don't do this to us again.
You didn't know anything about the soap business a year ago and you didn't have the money to finance it.
Don't get people's hopes up again. Just let it go.
- DJ Jazzy Jeff doesn't like Freddie Smith cause he's famous and he didn't get to be famous.
- Did Gabi get a haircut? And speaking of hair, EJ is starting to grey at the temples.
- Saw Freddie at the Prop 8 red carpet anniversary event last night. Thin and sexy again!!!
- Deidre looks like shit with Chandler.
Freddie's girlfriend uploaded new pix of him on her Instagram. He lost weight, thank fucking god!
Wilson is just precious in the most recent episodes.
Days is going to be airing a new episode on New Year's Day. That may be a first.
- Melissa Reeves and her Chick-fil-a eating vag needs to be fired from DAYS just as her husband was just fired from GH. Between the two of them they're the fucking cure for insomnia.
- I can't buy Freddie Smith with a chick but gay men do sleep with girls in Hollywood.
- 12/17 scenes - much ado 'bout when Gabi's due.
- R285, Travolta claims to be straight, too. It's more likely that Smith is the straight one as his co-star remains in the closet due to the tutelage of one of the masters, Miss Hall.
- Dee Dee Halls is fighting Sue Flannery for the Daytime Out In Plain Sight Award, that's for sure.
- Sonny and Will were exceptionally good today. It seems the more serious the situation, the better they are. (Did I miss anything when NBC interrupted with the President's announcement?)
- Shirtless Father Eric today. Though I don't know why he was sleeping shirtless during the day or alternatively, why Nichole would have been at the church/rectory if it was night.
- R289 Earlier in the episode he told Caroline he had been busy and not getting enough sleep. I think he was supposed to be taking a nap; it wasn't night times. Guaranteed, he was shirtless due to Nicole dropping by. There will be inappropriate touching on Monday!
- I cant even watch this show anymore.
- 12-21 clip
- Kristen scenes 12-20
- Rumor has it that Jon Hensley is in talks to replace Peter Reckell as Bo.
- Nick referred to Will as a 'gay boy.'
The new Cameron is drop dead gorgeous!
- [quote]Rumor has it that Jon Hensley is in talks to replace Peter Reckell as Bo.
Why? Peter wants to continue. Stupid show.
Anyway, Sonny knows he payed for Gabi's abortion.
- Geez Massey really phoned it in today. He was downright awful. Smith was considerably better but he was inconsistent today. This baby story is downright killing any heat between their characters.
Meanwhile, Deidrick has been great as Chad this week. He's also been looking pretty damn hot, too.
- Strong rumors out of LA today that Tomlin and Whitesell either have already been or are about to be forced out. Stay tuned.
- R299--that's a huge deal, if true. What will it mean for the storylines?
- Aren't ratings up for the show? Aren't viewers enjoying the show more thanks to Eileen's return and the two young gays? I think that is definitely a rumor not based on any facts.
- Nick saying that was dumb and seemed out of character
- [quote] Why? Peter wants to continue. Stupid show.
Not at the salary they are offering Peter.
[quote] Aren't ratings up for the show?
Days is in 4th place. Out of four soaps.
- Can we have a Freddie Smith weight update please.
Does he qualify for the lapband yet?
- Flashback: Will drunk on eggnog.
This is part of the gay storyline.
What a little bitch.
- There's a couple good outbursts by Sami in that clip too.
- Tomorrow's full Christmas Eve episode is up already. Sonny and Will spend the holiday together.
- Freddie's hair looks like shit. Kristen is even more batshit.
- Jennifer's hair looks much better than usual. Sami's not as much - could really use a trim.
- It's the holidays in Salem! Which couple do you most want to see share a kiss on New Year's Eve?
Will and Sonny!
Go vote. They're in the lead!
- 2004 Christmas
- Another show from 2004, not Christmas, but close. Sami and Lucas were great together.
- Disappointed that Will and Sonny didn't have a Christmas kiss.
- On tomorrow's show, Will and Sonny fuck on the altar during high mass.
- Why didn't Sonny hang his ball on the tree? His ball should have hung next to Will's like the other couples. It's because they'd remind people of testicles, right?
- You don't get an ornament on the Horton Xmas tree unless you're a blood Horton or married to a Horton or are height/weight proportionate, which leaves Sonny shit out of luck.
- Well, turns out that Will is going to turn on the gruesome twosome after it finally dawns on him that his child will be raised by a bigot.
Nick referred to Will as 'some gayboy.' One gay person on the interwebs didn't see this as an insult. "He's gay, and he's a boy."
Days is now a day behind. The Christmas episode will air tomorrow. Today, Christmas Day, the Christmas Eve episode aired. Sonny didn't get a ball on the Christmas tree.
- Sonny should get all the balls he wants.
- How far ahead are they filming?
- Tomorrow's Christmas episode. Wilson under the mistletoe.
- Nick's going to have a nervous breakdown watching them kiss.
- That's a great kiss.
I like Sami's red coat.
- [quote]Disappointed that Will and Sonny didn't have a Christmas kiss.
They do. The US now a day behind because of the shooting.
Christmas episode is tomorrow, and Wilson kiss big time! Video above!
[quote]How far ahead are they filming?
Eileen Davidson is the best thing to happen to this show. Fuck me! What a bitch!
Wilson + Eileen = Gayest show on Earth!!
- They revealed in today's episode that Kristen truly isn't after John in the romantic sense. She wants pure revenge.
Gabi went up to Sonny to wish him a merry Christmas, and as Sonny is looking at her, and she's looking at Sonny, he just says, "Excuse me," and walks off, leaving her there. Dumb bitch got bitch smacked!
Deidre Hall told her followers on Facebook to go to her Twitter account to read her rant about American Airlines, or some shit. Honey, you're not that important. Get over yourself.
- Mention of PFLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) on today's show.
- r325, are you in the US? Haven't seen today's episode yet. Canada is a day ahead.
- [quote]Strong rumors out of LA today that Tomlin and Whitesell either have already been or are about to be forced out. Stay tuned.
Not a peep on this yet. How much longer do I have to stay tuned?
- [quote] How much longer do I have to stay tuned?
When Corday announces Jon Hensley as the new Bo
- Don't be so quick to dismiss r328. There is a Sony insider posting on this thread and the YR thread.
- r329, we don't have a YR thread. Soap Threads are banned. This one, and the others, survive because of the gay storyline that we're focusing on.
I'm also not a Sony insider. I just follow other boards for the show. :)
- [quote]Strong rumors out of LA today that Tomlin and Whitesell either have already been or are about to be forced out. Stay tuned.
Who are those people?
- [quote] I just follow other boards for the show.
So the Tomlin-Whitesell rumors are just the fevered imaginings of soapfraus?
- I don't know much about the writers, hon, but if they're going, since last fall's reboot, how many switches/firings of the writing teams have occurred now?
- R332, this thread is rampant with the fevered imaginings of soapfraus. Other than the truly obsessed fans bitching and nitpicking about what guy Sami should or should not be pursuing, the show has been warmly received since the new writers' material started airing back in August. The gays, the hot priest and Kristen have kept things interesting the past few months.
- Peter Reckell is selling his home for a whopping $3.9 million dollars
See link below
- r334, we told you to fuck off a few months ago. ENOUGH!
- I would love a scene of Lucas sitting in on a PFLAG meeting.
"I love my gay son! And his boyfriend!"
- The Christmas Day episode rubbed me the wrong way. Since when did everyone on Days get all religious all of the sudden? I knew this priest storyline was going to be painful to get through.
Not only that, but we have to still deal with the Daniel/Jen storyline, which is the cure for insomnia.
- I so wish the ghost of Jack Devereaux would show up just to freak out Jennifer.
- R338 - the show has always been high in religiosity, even when Marlena was possessed.
- [quote]The Christmas Day episode rubbed me the wrong way. Since when did everyone on Days get all religious all of the sudden? I knew this priest storyline was going to be painful to get through.
Do you post on Getglue? The exact same comment was posted on there.
- They really need to get into the Will/Eric storyline. They started it, Eric coming back, meeting Will, and Will confronting him with the fact that he's gay, and that he must have a problem with that.
- I wonder if Tomlin could helm the online OLTL reboot?
- Days just produced the best Marlena vs. Kristen catfight scene. Deidre slaps Eileen in the face. Eileen at her craziest @ 6:00
This is the campiest, gayest show on now. It's not even a soap opera.
- Thanks R344. The slap is actually at 7:03. Marlena's speech was great too.
I also really like ED's curls.
- Eileen played a heroine for 13 years after she left Days in the 90s. No wonder she's rejoicing in playing evil again!!!
- 12-27 sneak peak.
- I wish they would dress Sami in something like this.
- The wedding show in January has a famous stunt coordinator set up. Something's going to go down.
Nick better not split with Gabi, or he's going to have to pay child support. That'll get him to admit that the 'gayboy' is the daddy.
I still don't get this, 'we can't let people know, because I'm in love with Nick, and you're in love with Sonny' shit. It makes no sense.
Gabi and Nick tried to kill people. Great parents!
- Sonny gon wreck dat ass!
Update of Friday from @DaysCafe
1. Will has a nightmare that means Nabi moving away with his son and say stops. He wakes up in bed. Sonny asks whats wrong. Will says he does not remember nightmare. Sonny kissed him, goes to shower for work...... OMG WilSon spend the night together, this is so sweet and romantic. And look at this, we know that its Will is going to be the father of a baby boy YAY...
2. John says he should ask Brady and whoever he is seeing out for New Year with him and doc. Marlena drops her coffee. After board meeting, Kris tells Brady it is risky and they should cool it a while. He wants her at his office soon. Kris goes smiling and father Eric wants to talk to Brady.
3. Dan knows Jen is not sick and says he wants their date.
4. Nabi wakes up in bed. Nick has interview with Kate today. Gabi says not to forget their meeting with Father Eric. Nick goes to the interview. Will sends Gabi a text and they must meet now. She calls him and he says they need to talk... Puke at Nabi and YAY Will... But more YAYs your way when you tell the truth to Sonny...
5. Father Eric wants Brady to help men's shelter NYE but Brady is not able to. Father Eric thinks he has date and asks who. John tells Marlena he just wants to be a part of his son's life and thinks he has a woman already. Here comes Kristen
6. Dan tells Jen yes he misses Parker but is crazy about her. She is happy. They go to a pub together. Dan and Jen at the pub and remember their dart date. She say to dorkman she is ready for another game.
7. Mar does not want to talk to Brady. John not happy then calls phone. Kris taunts Mar about troubles with John and she says she is meeting Brady at office. Marlena slaps her.
8. Will tells Gabi about his nightmare and she says it could happen cause Nick is his dad and not Will. Sonny kidding with Kate and Nice comes for interview. He says Sonny should not talk to her like that. Kate shows him her offer. Kate tells Nick that Sonny was kidding with her.... Gabi is such a *****. I just hate her. And so do I. I hate Nick. How can he speak to Sonny like that when he is going on an interview. He is definitely mental.
9. Dan and Ken engage in dart throwing. Jen drinking beer, sucking at darts but she and Dan having fun.
10. Nick wants more than Kate is offering and says he will talk to Sami and get back to her because this is a bidding war... URGH Nick... Just leave already...
11. Kris and Marlena clash. Kris threatens to tell John she went nuts when she said she has meeting with Brady at office. Mar says she might John the truth. Kris does not think she will. And walks way.
12. Brady did not want to tell Father Eric who is his new woman,
13. Gabi wants Will to butt out but he says he is part of this discussion and is not sure if they are doing the right thing for their baby... Finally Will... C'mon and go to Sonny and tell the truth.
14. Sonny tells Kate when she gets to know Nick. She will like him even less... Love you Sonny.
15. Jen gets good at darts. Jen is now in mood for dessert. Takes Dan to her house.
16. Kris wishes John Happy New Year and Mar sees. Mar mad about Kris with John and tells him to go to Brady's office and now to invite him for NYE. Kris at Brady's office and they make out on table.
17. Dan and Jen almost kiss in the house and then hospital calls Dans. Later the kiss.
18. Gabi gets to the church. Father Eric tells her he knows she has been holding back in Pre-Cana and says what she tells him in confidence. Gabi looks ready to talk. Nick on his way to church. Gabi tells Father Eric there is something she wants to tell him. Kate runs into Will and says she does not trust his cousin Nick... This is so slow. Somebody just spill the beans please.
19. John goes to Brady's office and finds him shirtless on top of Kris kissing her.
- I'm wondering if Freddie's time at DAYS is up...
Not that they're on much, but both his onscreen parents are taking other gigs - Wally Kurth is back at GH and Judi Evans just took a recurring role on The Mentalist.
Maybe Will will get a far less chubby BF? (Or even better, he and EJ can do the deed....)
- Judi and Wally are criminally underutilized. Both are great actors ...don't understand why they're barely on screen at all.
- r352, they're about to be replaced by Beth Chamberlain and Kurt McKinney.
- r353 Very clever. You know your soap history.
- Why is Suzanne Rogers getting top billing, and not Dee Halls? Dee deserves it more than anyone. Except for a couple of crumbs of story here and there, Suzanne has been nothing but furniture for the past 35 years. Dee is the star.
- Suzanne Rogers is an Emmy Award Winning Actress
Dee Hall is a three time Emmy Award loser
- [quote] Judi Evans just took a recurring role on The Mentalist.
That is great for Judi, cause at one point she was ready to leave the business. But then she got re-hired by Days as Bonnie.
Good for her.
- They really need to dump Melissa Reeves and Shawn Christian.
- Ugh, enough with the Freddie is fat shit.
Suzanne Rogers gets top billing because she has been with the show the longest. Debuted as Maggie in 1973.
Dee Dee Halls had the "And Deidre Hall as Marlena Evans" end credit upon her return in 1991 until being let go in 2009. Apparently, she didn't get it back when she returned in 2011.
- Alison Sweeney needs either Peggy McCay or James Reynolds to leave, so she could move up to third billing.
- So if Suz dies or leaves the show before it ends, who's next in line to get top billing? Please don't tell me it's that haggard anorexic Kristian Alfonso?
- After Suzanne the billing goes
2-Peggy McCay as Caroline Brady
3-James Reynolds as Abe Carver
4-Alison Sweeney as Samantha Brady
5-Kristian Alfonso as Hope Brady
6-Lauren Koslow as Kate Roberts
- What if Maree Cheatham returns on contract as Sister Marie? Would she get top credit and bump Suzanne to second? How does that work? Most shows list their cast memebers alphabetically. Does any other show list them in order of seniority?
- [quote] What if Maree Cheatham returns on contract as Sister Marie?
She would be considered new, and go to the bottom of the list.
- Julie has been there longer than Maggie but isn't a regular anymore
- Days does their cast credits by longevity. Always have.
Those that were killed off and brought back in the 2003-2004 masacres had their billing restored.
If Drake hadn't been fired in 2009, he would be #4 in the billings. He started with the show in 1986.
- [quote] Dee Hall is a three time Emmy Award loser
And a chain smoking lesbian, too!
- When Dee was fired she was making just shy of $12,000 per episode. She now makes $7500 per episode. Drake was about $8000 per episode when he was fired. He now makes $3000 per episode. It was never about the money for Drake, he is very well invested, he just enjoyed coming to work. This is why you have never heard any diva rumors about Drake. Allison Sweeney is currently the highest paid on Days.
- Kristian Alfonso was so pretty in her early 20s.
- 7500 per episode is a SHIT ton of money. What other actress nearing 70 is making that much cash other than Meryl?
- Inside word: the truth comes out at the wedding in January.
- [quote]I'm wondering if Freddie's time at DAYS is up...
We already know that Wilson is going to be a long=term couple now. Freddie is going nowhere.
[quote]Maybe Will will get a far less chubby BF?
Freddie is thin again. You won't see it for another three months though.
- Freddie was cute when he had a slight beer tummy. I'm surprised his face was still so sculpted and not all bloated up.
- Freddie is thin again. You won't see it for another three months though
Does that mean his black tank top will be taken off-contract?
- Dee used to make 12K an episode with 3 to 4 episode guarantee.
I'm guessing at 7500 she's at a 1 or 1.5 episode a week guarantee.
- One thing is for sure. The show was a lot better when Marlena was the unabashed star of the show during the 90's. Drake, Dee, Eileen, and Joe were THE reasons to watch the show back then. Over the course of the last decade, as they gradually phased out their characters, the show became infinitely more boring because of it.
- Marlena/Dee is good in small doses. Eileen, on the other hand... More please!
- Freddie did have bloat face.
Corday just confirmed in this week's SOD that Wilson is full-time, and won't be going anywhere in 2013. They're abandoning nothing. The characters are now a staple of the show.
- 12/31 show sneak steamy peek.
- I was hoping Sonny would invite Will to join him in the shower today, but didn't think the show would go there.
- Sweetheart, you'll see John and me in a shower scene before they throw two guys in there together.
Suzanne Rogers, Top-Billed Star of Days of Our Lives
- Grandma Kate is now going to ruin Nick.
- Look for Kate's inner Winograd to be on full display as she makes mince meat of Nick.
- Kate is the best. A phenomenal actress that plays the simpering femme fatale to perfection.
- I love Kate/Sami fights!
- I loved when Sonny asked Kate, "Can I call you Grammy Kate?"
- Nick is Will's cousin?
- [quote] Kate is the best.
It would have even been better if Elaine Princi returned to the role she originated.
- [quote]I'm guessing at 7500 she's at a 1 or 1.5 episode a week guarantee.
She appeared in 93 episodes through the end of October, and her screen time increased in November and December, so either your estimate is low or she's gone over -- something DAYS used to do all the time, but hasn't since the new budget-consciousness set in.
- Princi's Kate was a doc, the role originated by Deborah Adair was not. Hard to believe Deb played this role before and Kate was a sympathetic character.
Lauren Koslow would have been a great Lorie Brooks recast on Y&R if Bill Bell had known about her in 1982.
- Hollywood's busiest woman -- soap opera actress, The Biggest Loser hostess, published author and then some –- celebrates a milestone next month: her 20th year anniversary on Days of Our Lives. Yes, it was way back on January 22, 1993 that a 16-year-old Sweeney made her daytime television debut as scheming bad girl, Sami Brady. In honor of the momentous occasion, Sweeney reminisces about her wild and wonderful ride as Sami. Plus, she reveals why she juggles so many gigs and discusses her precious family: husband, Dave Sanov, and their children, Ben and Megan.
Do you think that Sami's the same person today that she was when you first started on the show?
You must read my tweets or my Twitter followers. It's funny, because half of the fans feel like she's not at all like the Sami that started, and the other half moan and groan that she hasn’t changed a bit. So I don't know...
Well, certainly she's matured some. Hasn't she?
I think there has been tons of change in her. Obviously, when she first started, there were a lot of childhood pranks and antics... She did some horrible schemes! Then, you see her today and in some ways I think there is a nice through line. She does have sort of a questionable moral compass and this attitude of sort of whatever it takes to get the results that [she's] looking for. That's sort of acceptable to her. But at the same time she's really wised up a lot. Her goals have changed in terms of, she's not willing to do some crazy scheme to [make someone] fall in love with her anymore... So in some ways she has grown up. But still, for her, all bets are off... There's not a lot she won't do.
Let's talk about Sami's guys. Would you say her relationships with men have changed over the years?
It's funny, because Galen (Gering; Rafe) and James (Scott; EJ) have both come to the show in the last five years, and I think that would really be the beginning of a change in Sami's character. For the first 15 years, she did have men in her life, but she was the one who was always sort of chasing after them and pulling them away from someone else that they were interested in. For me, that was a really different character; a really different story to play. When [Rafe and EJ] came on the scene, it sort of became about these men fighting over Sami, and [Galen and James] don't know any different. They're always like, “Sami's always got these men fighting over her.” I’m like, “Are you kidding me? What do you mean always? That just happened. It just started. That's new for me.”
Do you have an all-time favorite Sami relationship?
The most obvious answer would be, over the course of 20 years, this thing she's had with Lucas (actor Bryan Dattilo) and all the different ways that their relationship has manifested itself. It has been a wonderful through line for me. But I still love the challenge of... I'm going to give you a totally PC answer... because otherwise Galen and James will kill me. I also love the challenge of EJ and how hard that dynamic is to balance with the horrible things they do to each other. [It's] so much fun to play the different sides of it. Then, there's the wonderful storybook romance [with Rafe] and the safe house; that fun first story where they kind of fell in love while he was protecting her. That just had a really different feel to anything else Sami had done. They're three very different stories, and it was really fun to have the opportunity to play all three.
You juggle a lot of gigs on a daily basis. Why do you like to stay so busy?
It's true. I do a lot of different stuff and certainly most recently I've started directing at Days... I love being busy and trying all these new things. It's just how it keeps me going creatively... There's something really fulfilling about always feeling like it's a new day and [there's] something new and challenging to keep me on my toes. And that, for me, is really fun and exciting.
- Good article, R393. I think Allison, Dee, Lauren. Kristian and Suzanne are the smartest cookies on the show. They knew enough to hold on to a good gig and were smart enough to be able to fit in side projects as well. They are also still in the "public eye", which can't be said for many of their former big stars. I always thought Victor Webster, Krista Allen, Stephanie Cameron and Victor Alfieri would have been way bigger stars than they are now if they had remained on the show instead of leaving abruptly. They were stunning lookswise and also decent actors (especially Alfieri).
- Why wasn't Kristen Alfonso at the Horton family Christmas?
Yeah, I know, technically Hope was there via an internet connection, but it all played out as very strange. Why wasn't Hope there as part of the actual ornament hanging ceremony.
Back during the summer, an insider mentioned that Kristen was feuding with Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes, who have had minimal screen time in the last six months. In fact, Hope hasn't had any scenes with Doug and Julie during that time.
So was this weird Horton Christmas arrangement connected to that feud?
Or was this just come convoluted way of avoiding dealing with Peter Reckell no longer being on the show? Hope could easily have attended the ceremony, then said she and Ceara were catching a midnight plane to join Bo with Shawn Douglas, Belle and Claire.
Or was it something else entirely?
- [quote] Princi's Kate was a doc, the role originated by Deborah Adair was not.
So what. Dorian from OLTL was a doctor and when Robin Strasser took over, she wasn't a doc.
- People, this thread is for WILSON! Takes your frau shit out of here!
That being said, here's fat Freddie. Ironically, Chandler is the one holding pizza.
- #WilSon is not on the NYE episode just so everyone knows:(
I wonder if this is due to that Friday's school shooting. Everything is delayed a day.
Canadian fans will have the ep up on New Year's Day if it was suppose to air then.
- r.396, if you were aware of OLTL's history, you would know that Dorian lost her medical license when she over-medicated Rachel Wilson and Rachel died and Larry Wolek was put on trial for her death. Viki cast the deciding vote to oust Dorian from the hospital which was the beginning of the Dorian/Viki feud.
- No matter R399
When Robin Strasser took over the part of Dorian, she was no longer a doctor.
Just as when Deborah Adiar took over the part of Kate, she was no longer a doctor.
- AGAIN, THIS IS A THREAD FOR WILSON!!!!!
GET THE FUCK OUT FRAUS!!!!
- Freddie when he started on the show. He looks better with a 'little' meat on his bones. Not into that double chin.
- [quote] People, this thread is for WILSON! Takes your frau shit out of here!
Um, this is the sort of lunatic bullshit that made the Webmaster delete soap threads, and it will get this thread, and all subsequent ones, deleted right quick. So you need to put a sock in it.
- r403, soap threads are banned. Our Wilson threads have lived because this is a gay storyline, and Freddie Smith and Chandler Massey are not in part gay icons.
Now, get the fuck out.
- Ahem. Maybe we can cut the melt downs in this thread. Just a little bit. Thanks.
I forgot how hot Sonny used to be. Even with the recent weight loss, he doesn't look half as good as he did when he first started. No wonder Chandler checks out in the love scenes. Our boy deserves... nay, DEMANDS a hot piece of ass to play his love interest.
- Week of January 14:
Monday ("The Wedding Stops")
Chad drops a bombshell at the wedding; Sonny is horrified over Will's secret.
- [quote]Why wasn't Kristen Alfonso at the Horton family Christmas?
It was simply the writers' (clumsy) way of disguising Peter Reckell's absence. There was never any "feud" between Kristian A. and the Hayes, though Susan Hayes resented Julie & Doug being pushed aside for Hope and the younger crowd. That resentment was dealt with 30 years ago, the last time Susan & Bill had any significant screen time together. And Kristian and Bill have always adored Bill. (Everyone adores Bill, it's Susan that's prickly ... or was, I understand she's much calmer now, though still sharp-tongued).
- R408 - Bill/Susan and Kristian Alfonso have gotten along for most of KA's run, you're right, and old issues had been resolved for years.
But something happened when KA and Crystal Chappell had their battles, and KA apparently either alienated a lot of people on the show and the crew, or stopped talking to people based on whether they were speaking to CC.
Rumor has it that KA apparently saw one or both of the Hayes in conversation with CC and hasn't been very warm to them since.
- Freddie tried to crop a pic he posted of himself and his friends from back home on Twitter. He tried to cut out the cigarette he's holding. If he's been smoking this whole time, he must overload on the carbs BIG TIME.
- Crystal Chappell's biography is being published soon as an ebook. I hope she has a lot of Days dish, esp. about her last stint on the show.
- Will it be called I, Carly, I, Olivia, or I, Maggie?
- Or "I like Vagina"?
- Where is this weight loss everyone is talking about? He still looks doughy in that pic with his unattractive friends.
- Some nice photos of Chandler on this blog. Not sure if you need to log on and/or be a member to view.
- According to Nelson Branco, Crystal's book is called The Perfect Art of Imperfection.
- R416 - ENOUGH!
This thread is dedicated to Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith!
- The thread is for DOOL.
- Are you all new here? The Y&R thread is about OLTL, the old GH threads talked about ATWT, welcome to DL.
- Yeah, then where the hell is my thread, bitches?
- R419 Thank you for telling it like it is - this demented Wilson fangurl is losing her fucking mind and her marbles.....
- R414 obviously only considers appearance when constructing a circle of friends. Evidently camaraderie, loyalty, decency, reliability, common history and interests, etc. apparently have no place in determining a friendship if the other person is not hot. I cannot imagine how lonely and insufferable you must be.
Evidently only breeders are allowed to celebrate New Year's Eve in Salem. Who knew?
- Huge Wilson fan here. They're so adorable together. I want to see scenes of them reciting Elizabeth Barrett Browning poetry to each other, longing gazes, those sorts of sweet innocent things that I've been told young gays in love do.
- [quote]Thank you for telling it like it is - this demented Wilson fangurl is losing her fucking mind and her marbles....
READ THE FUCKING TITLE OF THIS THREAD!
Soap threads are BANNED!
This is about two characters specifically, and two actors.
Don't like it? Get the fuck out!
- Wednesday, Will finally gets into it with Nick over his 'gay boy' remark.
Blake Berries (Nick) wrote yesterday that he was filming the climax to this storyline, and that Freddie Smith is awesome in it.
- [quote]The thread is for DOOL.
No, it's not. We don't do soap threads. This is a special deal, as we're talking specifically about a gay storyline WITHIN a soap. Soap threads are banned on DL.
- I slept with a street hustler and all I got was this lousy syphillis.
- Roger Howarth, Don Diamont, Grant Show, Van Hansis, Jason Thompson. Eat it, r.424.
- R426, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, you are the one who is constantly derailing this thread with your policing. Relax. If you continue your position as thread monitor, this thread might as well be closed because no one will care any more. Have fun and don't be a Cheryl.
- Brady is dumber than a sack of hammers. Kristin is having a ball with him. I hope they don't fall in love. Why resort to the standard plot?
Good for Will! I hope he gets Nick over the gay boy remark.
- The show sure knows how to pick a punch (no pun) for the New Year.
I think Will confronts Nick tomorrow, Wednesday.
- SPOILERS January 7 to 11
And here comes the ceremony...
Abby helps Gabi get ready for the big day when Chadsworth drops in and, surprisingly, doesn’t raise hell. The upset happens elsewhere. Gabi asks Will to be the baby’s godfather and Nick freaks out about it. He insists that can never happen. It isn’t all bad for William though. At least Sonny offers him a key to his apartment. When the wedding ceremony begins, everything seems to run along smoothly until the end, when someone stands up and publicly smashes Gabi and Nick’s baby story to pieces.
- Top notch Will and Sonny episode today as the chemistry between Massey and Smith was on full display for a change. The guys also had some great interactions with Nicole, Gabi and Nick.
- Freddie is still a fatty. I thought he was on a diet. It's really noticeable next to Chandler's ripped body.
- "We won't be over until you're dead and buried."
Eileen Davidson to Deidre Hall
- The entire interwebs agree, this is Eileen Davidson's Emmy nominated moment!
- More on KA vs. Crystal Chappell, please. Crystal is nuts and a drunk while KA seems ominous. But the Nelson Branco meltdown on twitter that cost him his job over those two was really weird.
- Nick is the most vile scumbag on Earth. Days is really writing these stories correctly: Wilson + Bristen, BUT Wilson is dragging with this stupid wedding. They are writing the homophobic, bully twat perfectly.
BTW, Allison Sweeney is now directing the show.
- r435, that scene with Kristen and Marlena is the most exciting thing I've seen on this show in over a decade.
I don't know how they fuck up 99% of this show. It's all so bad or boring. Kristen's return was crap til that. If they can actually GO THERE full bore with a Kristen vs Marlena story again as opposed to having Kristen just scowl at people, this might have legs.
- Nick was NEVER like this when he was on the show before. He was a sweet geek with a brilliant mind, not a religious bigot. He must have been raped in prison and had a complete mental breakdown. That's the only thing I'd accept. It is a totally different character.
- I don't know all of Nick's background, but it's my understanding he went to jail for killing someone. Is that right? However, Will decides to let HIM be the father's baby and is now more upset that he's made one anti-gay remark (and not a terrible one, considering) than that he's a murderer?
- Attempted murder.
[quote] that he's made one anti-gay remark (and not a terrible one, considering)
Did you see the scene where he said it? Nick hates gays with a passion.
- I want to know if Kristen is going to be Brady's date at the wedding.
Kristen's next target is Nicole, who thinks she can take Kristen on. Eileen Davidson says that Nicole has no idea who she's dealing with. Both tried to pull scams with their dead babies. Nicole is the poor man's Kristen.
- [quote]Freddie is still a fatty. I thought he was on a diet.
The show is filmed three months ahead of schedule. You'll see him trimmed down next month.
- We've been talking a lot about Freddie getting fat. What about Will? His face and neck have gotten rounder and rounder. Also, check out his waist and ass which they try to keep hidden under bed sheets and larger size pants. I don't find him as attractive as I once did. But I must say, I still adore him.
- Only the hypocritical, basement-dwelling, Homer Simpson-esque body fascists on DL would ever consider either of these guys fat. I suspect every DLer who is aghast about these two actors' weights is probably carrying a good 50-100 pounds above their ideal weight or they have a meth or coke addiction that keeps them emaciated.
- Crystal Chappell has a new "book" out. She is naked on the cover to placate the horde of ravenous dykes who comprise the majority of her modern fanbase.
In it she talks at length about how Kristian Alfonso and Corday conspired to blame her for the ratings and get her off the show. I can definitely believe that, but I also know how much Crystal loves Grey Goose, and attention.
- I'm 6'2 and 185 lbs of muscle, but I'm not playing a hot young guy in a romantic storyline on a soap. He is way too fat, not gastric bypass fat, but fucking fat and sloppy. If I were the EP, his ass would have been fired and the part recast months ago. You wouldn't come on my set looking like that.
- The bigger issue for me is the lack of sexual chemistry between Chandler and Freddie. They are so boring together. Chandler had it with James and had it with Casey... But with Freddie there is just something not hot about them as a couple. They are a cute couple, yes. A hot sexy couple, no. Freddie is simply not a soap stud and if they continue with Wilson, I would prefer them to recast the part and give us a truly hot piece of ass worthy of kissing Chandler's beautiful chest. Even with Freddie's recent weight loss, he still is the least attractive of the younger set.
- Did they fire and recast Lexi's brother (forget his name) because he wasn't "hot" enough? I think Freddie is definitely cute and it seems realistic that Will would be interested in someone who looks like him. I just loved how Lucas was warning Will that Sonny was a big ol' whore when he was in Europe and that Will needed to be careful (insinuating that Sonny had STDs).
- Okay , let's recast Sonny. How about Tomas Skoloudik?
- R451, now he i wouldn't mind seeing in sex scenes with Will. ;)
- [quote]They are a cute couple, yes. A hot sexy couple, no.
That's exactly what the show wants to portray. Having a gay couple on the show is still somewhat controversial in some parts of America.
Having a "hot sexy" couple that oozes sexuality would just make middle America even more uncomfortable with the gay thing.
Whereas having a "cute" couple is a lot safer, a lot less threatening to middle America.
- Not to mention incredibly boring. I guess we are stuck with a dumpy Sonny then.
- Do we always have to waste our precious energy trying to make Middle America feel comfortable?
- Out of the two, Sonny is better looking than geeky Will by a mile.
- Other than his eyes and maybe his tits, I don't think there is much about Massey's physical appearance to like. He has bad skin and a weird nose protruding from a plain face. His hair is awful. He has no ass. He has exceptionally wide hips given his body size. His forearms and legs are exceptionally hairy. He is remarkably unremarkable all things considered. For me, Smith is the hotter one of the two.
- Casey Dedrick (Chad) is a very good young actor, but who cares about his relationship with Abby? She is NUTS. Has everyone in Salem forgotten how she stalked and tried to get Austin to fuck her a year ago? There was a rumor online that the writers wanted to have her actually attack Austin when he dumped her, but I guess the powers-that-be got squeamish about it. Too bad, That would have made her character actually interesting.
Oh, Kristen is killing it on the show. She has single-handedly added an energy that hasn't been on there since 1997.
- Here is a pic of Chandler's daddy. Some big Georgia democratic politician. So you can see where he gets his looks from. It is awful that Chandler has to be paired with schluby Freddie, but at least it's a gay storyline. Those two Fish boys weren't hot either and neither were the Nuke and Neid boys over at World Turns. I am surprised at Days, which has always put beauty over acting ability. This is the show that has given us some luscious eye candy of the years.
- Does anyone else think Blake Berris is hideous looking?
- Blake Berris' big dick face is the only thing that saves him.
- Chandler's father is far better looking in that photo. Chandler's head and neck are turning into a beach ball as is his ass ... and his acting has become a yo-yo ... sometimes good ... often trite.
- [quote]In it she talks at length about how Kristian Alfonso and Corday conspired to blame her for the ratings and get her off the show.
That's true! Louise Sorel said in her exit interview to TV Guide that an actress on the show (which everyone at the time speculated was Chappell) was specifically told that she was the cause of the bad ratings.
I just read that Days hit a low in Women 18-49. I wonder how long it will be before Corday starts blaming Will and Sonny?
- Why would Alfonso conspire to have her fired?
- "Do you have feelings for my son"
"You're sure an idiot."
is every woman, aside from Gabbi, a blonde?
- The problems are a Sami with no bite, a triangle that isn't a triangle so much as it is an experiment in how much boredom an audience can take, an EJ who has lost his edge, a himbo doctor and a goody two shoes who try to outdo each other with pained expressions, and a bad girl that has been reduced to playing matchmaker with a piece of sand paper and a way too girly Sami.
- Here is Leo with a bunch of topless babes!
- R466 - I don't think Sami is too girly. I do wish they could write her as more in control of herself.
- They did recast Lexie's brother, but I don't think it was about looks but because the first dude was a shitty actor.
- The guy looked like a black Jay Leno, he was fired because of his looks. The new guy is hot to fucking death.
- Fuck you, R470. That's simply not true. Drink bleach.
- No, he's right. The Leno jokes were everywhere online.
- Somebody on here had reported that Alfonso had refused to do scenes with Crystal. They were called a liar. Guess it was true.
- Blake Berris is the best looking of the young actors IMO. Freddie a close second.
- Blake has unconventional looks but he's beautiful. He and Uncle Eric are the best looking guys on that show.
- I was the one who posted the Leno comparison all over the web. Not even joking. Glad someone picked up on it and agrees. The replacement has posed nude. Fucking hot as hell!!!!
- Crystal writes in her book
“Somehow, with no effort or even awareness on my part, two camps evolved. It became the Kristian Alfonso/Ken Corday camp vs. the The Crystal Chappell/Gary Tomlin camp, and everyone apparently felt compelled to pick a side for the preservation of their jobs. The crew and even a couple of directors began feeling as if they had to pull me offstage, out of sight, and whisper if they wanted to pay me a compliment.”
When Chappell learned that DAYS EP, Ken Corday, wanted her off the screen and given less airtime, (after trying to shepherd Carly Manning into stories that did not directly involve Bo and Hope) things took a drastic turn for Crystal. In fact, when Corday told Gary Tomlin to get Crystal off the screen, because it was her fault that the ratings had plummeted, Crystal revealed in this exclusive excerpt,
“I wish I could say that personally, off-screen, I handled it all with grace and dignity. Unfortunately, that would be a lie. I felt diminished. I felt unfairly targeted. I felt bullied. I felt as if showing up on time, lines learned and ready to work on whatever material I was given counted for nothing. I felt as if my soul was in pain and shrinking fast. I began disliking who I was and who I was becoming. I was torn between wanting to go to work every day and dreading it at the same time, wishing the air there would somehow magically clear and knowing it wouldn’t. To lower my confidence level even further – and I take full responsibility for this – I reverted to some old, tired, habitual self-destructive behavior. I began hurting myself again, especially scratching myself hard enough and deep enough to leave marks while I slept.”
There is also a shocker that DAYS recently asked her to return again as Carly! Her answer to that appears in the memoir, too.
- Chandler Massey was the most-searched-for actor at Shrine to the Soap Hunks in 2012.
- I was watching the Nick & Will scenes from earlier this week and the character Nick kept reminding me of someone and then I remembered who, Nick resembles Horace the telegraph operator from Dr. Quinn Medicine Women, albeit a much younger version of Horace. Despite the less than flattering comparison, Nick did managed to rock the suit and tie and comes across as pretty hot in his scenes with Will. I predict that this whole baby storyline will end in an attack on Will with Sonny coming to Will's rescue/defense, Abby becoming a pariah in Salem and Nick returning to prison to face possible gay retribution for his crimes against Will. Just my take on things, but would hazard to guess that the odds are better than 50/50 for such an outcome.
- [quote] Did you see the scene where he said it? Nick hates gays with a passion.
I'm guessing the reveal there will be that some dude porked him in prison.
I also don't see a whole lotta chemistry between Will and Sonny. And it ain't Chandler's fault, because that boy has chemistry in spades with Casey Diedrick and James Scott.
Of course, I'm sure mentioning this will elicit the same reaction from Wilson fangurls as the suggestion that the dude who played Noah on As The World Turns was not a great match for Luke, and in fact couldn't convincingly act the part of a supermarket bagger asking, "Paper of plastic?"
Nuke fangirls RIOTED at the VERY suggestion that Jake Silbermann was anything less than this generation's Olivier. *eyeroll*
[quote] Does anyone else think Blake Berris is hideous looking?
R460, he was fug the last time around, but he's gotten a bit handsomer. Still, DAYS needs to have a few real lookers with muscles for DAYS (no pun intended). And one of them needs to be for Will. Sami can't have them all.
- Crystal was beyond excellent in her role as Carly. Didn't she win an Emmy for it? She can act circles around Kristin Alfonso - obviously Kristin was threatened and used what pull she had to get Crystal fired. I'd be fine if I never had to see Hope on screen again.
Crystal actually brought out a lot of acting talent in Missy Bigot Reeves, who usually is quite wooden in her exchanges with her "cuz" Hope. The Carly/Jennifer savior from self-destruction thing was quite good. Kristin was just pissed that she had to wear an ugly orange jumpsuit for six months while Crystal was making out with Bo.
- [quote]I also don't see a whole lotta chemistry between Will and Sonny. And it ain't Chandler's fault, because that boy has chemistry in spades with Casey Diedrick and James Scott.
I would agree with you, R480, were it not for the fact that Smith also has chemistry with Deidrick. Then there is Massey's infamous interview last summer in which he all but admitted he wasn't interested in his character having a relationship. Now contrast that with Smith who couldn't wait to hit the sheets. To me it seems like Massey is the one sabotaging things, even if he slips up occasionally, like he did on Wednesday when he actually invested some energy in the scene in Sonny's bed.
- [quote] Crystal was beyond excellent in her role as Carly. Didn't she win an Emmy for it?
She won her Emmy for Guiding Light, and although she did a great job as Carly, her role as Olivia - even before the famous lesbian storyline - was much deeper and she played the FUCK out of it.
Crystal was the star of GL and, in my opinion, the show's best actress, though she had to nudge Kim Zimmer's fat ass out of the spotlight to get any recognition.
But Crystal did indeed get a nomination for her most recent go round as Carly. (In addition to her win at GL, she got three more nominations there.)
- I slept with Freddie Mercury and all I got was lousy rug burn.
- Crystal Chappell's a bipolar drunk. It's always someone else's fault that she got fired. She gets blasted and blames everyone else for her online behavior while keeping a bunch of dykes on a string.
Zimmer is that you?
- Blake looks attractive when his hair is slicked back or actually done. Other days, he looks hideous. Someone said "dick face" and that sounds about right.
Chandler's boyfriend in real-life needs to teach him how to kiss on-screen.
- Blake looks anorexic. Have you seen him turn sideways? He looks like a concentration camp victim. His hips are Scarlet O'Hara. It's frightening.
We have a pic of him in his underwear. He has no cock.
He's nicknamed 'Nick the lips.'
- FREDDIE SMITH ANNOUNCES HE HAD BELL'S PALSY:
"I loved the scenes this week I was a bit nervous cuz I had Bell's Palsy during these eps some of you might have noticed that"
So, weight gain thanks to steroids?
- Anyone over the age of 18 that uses the word "Fugly" needs to be hit by car.
Maybe Chandler doesn't want to kiss Freddie's ashtray mouth and I don't blame him(see r410). Freddie's hot so it's sad he's a smoker
- r491, who knows if he's a big smoker. Maybe just casual.
- Kristian Alfonso is an anorexic hag who has been getting people fired from that show for years. Her diva fits are legendary, not to mention her coffee and cigarette breath.
- [quote] Her diva fits are legendary
And one of the reasons Peter Reckell finally said, "Enough of this shit."
- Back in the late 90's, at the height of the Princess Gina storylines, there was a funny report about Kristian's on-set diva drama. Apparently during one shooting day, she had a big fit and poor Peter had to endure it. The guy who plays Stefano apparently found it amusing though.
- Chloe returns Monday.
- Chloe actually showed up at Daniel's door at the end of Friday's episode. She didn't have Parker with her, so he's presumably either with Philip or the girl Chloe took with her to Chicago (Kinsey?).
- When does her daddy Craig come back? Kevin Spirtas is FINE.
- I'm surprised Kevin doesn't get talked about around these parts much. Sexy gay daddy!
- Sexy daddy Kevin on the right:
- I don't know much about this Chole, but could she get that homophobic Missy cunt off the show?
- Chandler is too in love with his odd acting choices to make things work with Freddie, R480. Why does he have to smile for every little thing?
- r502, he smirks like James Scott tugs at his non-existent earlobe. Chandler has cut down on the smirking though. I wonder how much of this is nerves.
- [quote] could she get that homophobic Missy cunt off the show
- Alfonso had a vicious diva fit on the guy playing Franco. Dee Hall was also in the scene and Dee told her sweetly, "This is a happy set. Save the drama for the screen, dear" and walked off.
- Missy had nothing to do for months, in fact, I think she was gone off the show a year ago. Why are they wasting time on her character and 'Daniel'? There's nothing there. She's not necessary. It's hilarious that fans are complaining about her grey hair showing up on the show. The show is suppose to be cutting corners. Cut her already, and I mean that even beyond the anti-gay thing. She's just not needed.
- I never understood Kristian's appeal. Besides, she's way too ethnic looking to be a Horton. Very poor casting.
- Jason Brooks needs to return pronto. My god, was he hot. I can't tell you how many times I jerked off to his shirtless stint on Friends.
- "NBC Boss Addresses Days of Our Lives' Future: 'It's Not Going Anywhere'"
It appears the sands will continue to flow through the hourglass for the foreseeable future.
Addressing the fate of its only daytime soap, NBC Chairman Robert Greenblatt expressed confidence that Days of Our Lives would remain on the air beyond its current contract cycle, which expires in September.
“I think Days is going to stick around,” Greenblatt told reporters Sunday at the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour in Pasadena. “I don’t know that I’m at liberty to say that officially yet, but it’s not going anywhere.”
Days currently ranks last in the ratings among the four remaining soaps, averaging 2.3 million viewers. It recently tied an all-time in women 18-49 (0.7). (Reporting by Vlada Gelman)
- Eileen posts her body on the beach.
- Nice Adam's apple, Eileen. Her sons are kind of cute; they just need to hit the gym for me to give them a second look. The poor little creature in green looks malnourished.
- KRISTEN BLAKE!
Sorry, I have the glamorous subtype of Tourette's.
- Eileen is 53 years old. Her body and face in Days is fucking magnificent, even if she had a bit of work (can't tell). No one can beat her acting in the show. She went from goody-goody for 13 years on Bold and the Beautiful and Young and the Restless, right back to completely psychotic. She's actually frightening in Days. The show has written her brilliantly. I don't know if it's because it's her, or what.
I'm probably in the minority, but I think they handled the gay storyline wonderfully. They didn't have the character jump straight into bed, and I called it -- everyone said that they wouldn't do a big sex scene, and the show did. In fact, I said that it would be by this February, and it actually happened sooner.
Like the Kristen character, they've gone slow, and chipped away to the final result. This Gabi storyline is really slow though. I do think the Nick homophobia bit is being written perfectly. They've really captured the revolting pos that actually exist in the real world, the type of person gay people have to put up with.
The show brought back the most respected writer in the industry.
The Jennifer/Daniel shit needs to be cancelled, along with this Rafe/EJ/Sami nonsense. It goes nowhere. Again, a waste of time and money. The only stories that are working anymore are Wilson, Kristen, and Gabi/Nick. Everyone else needs to either be fired, or their storylines need to be cancelled/changed. Billie is leaving AGAIN. Hope has no point. Victor and Maggie do nothing. Nicole and Eric haven't gone anywhere yet, but I'll give them more time. Nicole is Kristen's next target, and Nicole thinks she can take her own. They're basically the same character, albeit, Nicole is weaker, which is the point.
I'm telling you, they have people on the payroll that shouldn't be on it. God, I wish I worked in accounting there.
- Only the youngest boy in the pic is her son. She and Vince have one child, Jesse. I don't know who the other 2 guys are, but they must be brothers. The one on the left looks a lot like Zac Efron.
- R507 - "I never understood Kristian's appeal"
She was gorgeous when she was a slightly chubby 20 something. She really was "Fancy Face".
- Eileen D is 53? She looks great,really must take care of herself.
- I love Eileen as a the vamp, but miss her on Y&R as the voice of sanity in the Abbott clan. Peter Bergman needs ner now.
They cannot think of making Allison Sweeney a grandmother or Dee Hall a great grandmother can they? Poor Fra Reid played a great great great grandmother on this show and she wasn't even 70. Me thinks Chad will cause Gabi to miscarry before the baby is born and the fallout will be the new story.
Missy Reeves's hair will turn more than gray if the producers sign Jon Hensley. I think he would freak her out more than the return of Jason Brooks. When Missy was still a practicing Catholic she and Jon were planning a wedding, then she hooked up with Christian weirdo Scott Reeves and seemed to redeem herself. Missy was quite the slut in the day!
- R517 - Sami had Will as a teen. Alison is 36 (I think), so it's not too far fetched.
- R508 Jason Brooks will never come back to DAYS. I liked him, but that whole Missy episode burned all his bridges there, even with people who couldn't give two shits about Missy and her holier than thou act.
She can clutch her pearls and claim divinity all she wants, but as R517 says, that pussy has been passed around quite a few times, and that's just the shit we know about. Girlfriend was from Jersey. Nuff said.
- This Jan 2013 Alison will celebrate 20 years as Sami Brady on Days.
She is 35.
- 36 - she was born in Sept. 1976
- I don't get the appeal of Alison, or Kristian, or Missy Reeves.
Never have, never will.
- KA in late 1983. She was stunning then.
- I like Allison She doesn't seem to take herself too seriously and works hard.
- R505, was that before or after she told the day player waiter that if he didn't get out of her light he'd never work on the show again?
- Kristen last week to Marlena who is rushing out of her hotel room:
Marlena: We're done here.
Kristen: Oh, that's funny, because we're never gonna be done. Not til you're dead and buried!
It's funny, isn't it? This time next year you could be my stepmother-in-law.
The smirks Eileen gives are hysterical. She's loving this shit, and finds it funny as fuck!
Kristen arrived at John's hospital room last week, and again she's putting all kinds of shit into his head about Marlena. Marlena walks in, and Kristen gets up on top of the hospital bed to watch what's about to go down. It's too funny. All she needed was a box of popcorn, waiting for the fight to ensure in front of her. She then gets up and walks out of the room with a childish, "Bye!"
- Alison has a really ugly crying face. Can't believe she's directing the show now.
- I'm sure her son would be heartbroken to her that r511
- Are you shitting me? Alison is DIRECTING THIS show? This past week was really good...so, maybe I can get used to this.
- You know, she's not a great actress, but I kinda love Alison Sweeny
- I don't know what eps she's directing. I'll have to look. They did a spread on her last week. The show has multiple directors. The past week was good because of the writing, not to mention the acting by Eileen and Drake.
- I can't believe that skank has had EIGHTY FOUR Digest covers. She makes my skin crawl!
- I really like Alison's crying scenes.
- Did anyone see today's episode where Brady was getting dressed to leave the hospital? I would swear he said something to Kristen like "Are my moobs (boobs?) covered?"
- Good Sami/Nicole exchange
- Eric Martsolf should be contractually required to remain shirtless as long as he is on the show.
- This Chole actress looks like a drag queen.
- Eric Martsolf sang country music at Dollywood
- Is the Chloe actress still dating hot-to-death Brandon Beemer? I would ride him for days, no pun intented.
- Yep. Chloe actress is fucking this.
- Here she is with him. NSFW
- 2nd part. NSFW
- She's Iraqi, or Iranian, or something.
- She was in a reality series starring her trashy family. Gross.
- She's like Christina Aguilera, going out, looking like a clown with all the over-the-top makeup, and bad fashion. Tone it down, dingbat!
- Saw Missy yesterday -- not only is her hair looking like grey shit, the makeup they have on her is so caked on so thick that when she creases her forehead, you see a big dried up piece of makeup cracking up on top of it. It's really embarrassing. She also has brown teeth. Meth mouth.
- R547 - I think Missy Reeves has seriously pissed someone off because two years ago she always looked great, kind of like Gwen Paltrow's slightly older sister. Polished, great skin, pretty face.
Someone on here said that she basically got Matt Ashford fired because she would run to the producers and say that he looked sick and wasn't ready to go back to work (this is heresay), I think as a means to get her back in the romance with Dr. Dan. I wonder if what's happening to her is karmic payback because she's getting to the point where she's starting to look like something is wrong with her, at least by soap opera standards - the grey hair, fucked up makeup, yellow teeth. I don't think I've seen anyone look that bad on television before other than Britney Spears.
I think Matt Ashford is hot and would love to have a go in the sack with him. I also think Missy Reeves does a good job portraying Jennifer Horton, even though I hate Missy's personal politics. I would guess that she's either on drugs or the relationship with her husband has taken a bad turn and things aren't going well in her home life.
I've seen horribly homophobic people change their ways and become fervent supporters of the gay community. I hope this will be the case for Missy, because I think she's a good actress and I like her character. I just hope she gets the help she needs.
- Missy's not changing. She was hardly in the show earlier this year. In fact, when she began showing up in bits and pieces, they had her looking like an old schoolmarm. I didn't even recognize her. Her character is going back into the hospital in a week. She's just not necessary for this show anymore. I'm surprised Days didn't give her a strict warning about her homophobic behavior. Here they are trying to go after homophobic bullying, and she's over there supporting homophobia. She really is an idiot, especially when you read the fallout over the entire incident. She just didn't understand what she did wrong. Then she pulled a Stephen Fry and co., and deleted her Twitter account.
- It is interesting that Corday and Missy kisses and made up.
Once she left the show, Corday sued her for breach of contract and aired her dirty laundry (about the affair)
It was a 5 million dollar lawsuit, and an injunction from her working on another soap.
They settled out of court (who knows what she paid) but the money was donated to AIDS charities. How much, no one knows.
But I wonder if the injunction to work on another soap is for her lifetime?
- Wait a minute! When was this lawsuit? Whose money went to an AIDS charity?!
- R551 it was the first time she left the show in 1995
Scott found out Missy had a fling with one of her co-stars. He insisted she quit the show. She tearfully called Corday on the phone and said she had to leave.
At first he thought it was just a leave of absence. But then the Reeves family changed their phone number, and he could only speak to the Reeves lawyer. And Corday was later told Missy has left for good, though she still had a year left to her contract.
A year later Missy was very close to signing a new deal with Bold & Beautiful. Corday got wind of this and then filed the lawsuit.
- [quote] Is the Chloe actress still dating hot-to-death Brandon Beemer? I would ride him for days, no pun intented.
Oh honey, no. Nadia and Brandon are bearding for each other, just like JP Saponski and Farah "Bag of Hair" Fath were/are.
And yes, Brandon is super hot. Pretty eyes, too.
- Kristen breaks up John and Marlena again, and calls for a manicure once she leaves Brady/John/Marlena in their hospital rooms. lmao
- R554 Meanwhile, as great as Eileen looks....
.....Dee's voice has gotten nine octaves deeper, and Drake Hogeystn looks and talks like he's had a stroke.
- Drake out at Days. Can't believe it.
Here's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.
On the January 7 episode of Days, John left Marlena and moved into a hotel. On the show's January 18 episode, Drake Hogestyn and his character actually leave Salem, and they'll be off the canvas for a few weeks. What does that mean for Hogestyn's future with the soap? Well, the actor recently tried to rally his fans' support on twitter, tweeting, "If you want to see more of John in 2013...NOW is the time for you're voices to be heard."
Meredith Scott Lynn will be getting more screen time as Anne, the Salem University Hospital worker who has it in for Jennifer. She's back on January 11, when Chloe meets her and realizes she could be an ally in her quest to win back Daniel.
- Tomorrow's preview... everyone's off to the wedding.
- [quote] Drake out at Days. Can't believe it.
I can, and I bet it's permanent. Drake and Dee's return hasn't really made a big splash. Dee on her own with Will has been a fan favorite, but bet they split Marlena and John up and send John away for good.
- Drake can come and cry on my shoulder. I don't care how ancient he appears. Looks may fade, but BDF is forever.
- Wow, Meredith Scott Lynn has really fallen far from the days of "Legally Blonde".
- They shoot three months ahead. I think we would have heard something sooner. Dee and Drake are pretending to be Marlena and John on Twitter. Eileen's character is now going after Nicole and Eric. I guess John is pretty unnecessary, at least at the moment.
- How big do you think Drake's manhood is?
- Drake's dick is actually a googolplexian dream dimension, R562. People who touch it witness 50% of the Universe, and those who wrap their mouths around it ingest the other 50%.
- Oh Dee, you are a fucking riot. Love ya, babe.
- Drake Hogestyn is a desperate soap has been. Anyone who has to beg fans for support is hard up. He and Ronn Moss are two of the worst actors I have ever seen on daytime and they never got any better.
- If Drake Hogestyn wants fan support, he better start doing some shows on CAM4. He needs to learn how to work to satisfy his fanbase.
- Missy looks and acts like Grandma Horton. She clearly is just picking up a check and doesn't care about anything except that she gets to work with Shawn Christian. She could not have been less enthused about the return and subsequent demise of Jack last year. She phoned it all in.
Jennifer, sadly, has become dead weight because of Missy's lackadaisical performance and attn to her appearance. I'd sooner dump her (and Daniel) and bring back Jack.
- His fanbase is middle-aged fraus who want to see him quoting Elizabeth Barrett Browning to Dee. They don't want to see him doing anything remotely sexual.
- Who played the Jennifer of the 1990s? It was another actress for a bit there.
- [quote]Drake Hogestyn is a desperate soap has been. Anyone who has to beg fans for support is hard up.
Bryan Dattilo did this same thing on his Twitter account a month ago. He's become Lisa Rinna, someone who's also on the show wandering around for no reason.
- Stephanie Cameron pinched hit for Melissa Reeves in the 90s.
- Deidre only agreed to return in the early 90s if they produced some soap opera she had in mind. The show would only be produced if some series got cancelled, which people thought would happen, but the show didn't get cancelled, and Dee got nothing but a possession storyline. What a cocky woman. It's not like she had anything else going on -- cept that made-for-tv movie biopic she did. She even went on Oprah to promote it.
- Nadia is gorgeous.
- Today's Wilson scenes.
- Nathan Owens is fucking gorgeous.
- Monday January 14:
Will comes forward and reveals the truth. Sonny runs off.
Tuesday January 15:
Marlena offers Will support.
Sonny and Will discuss Will's lies.
Wednesday January 16:
Marlena's wearing a wire when she goes to see Kristen.
Thursday January 17:
Kristen surprises Marlena by not outing herself on tape.
John hears the tape and hears Kristen's revalation that Marlena was happy Brady was sleeping with her because it'd mean there was no room for John in her bed.
Brady finds Kristen's note to Marlena.
Friday January 18:
Sami's past comes back to haunt her when she and Will discuss his role in his child's life.
- This week:
Nick objects to Will being the baby's godfather; Kate seeks revenge on Chloe.
- [quote] He and Ronn Moss are two of the worst actors I have ever seen on daytime and they never got any better.
Though if I had to romance a raspy voiced dyke on air and sell it as the Romance of All Time I'd have an uphill battle, too. Maybe we should ask John McCook about that one.
- Stephanie Cameron was beyond gorgeous and she and Mark Valley made a spectacular couple on the show. I was sad when they both left.
Drake allegedly leaving/being pushed out shouldn't be a surprise to any soap watcher. Nobody's job is safe anymore and even vets like him and the guy who played Bo find themselves out of work due to the new reality of tv watching in 2013. They would rather hire cheaper younger actors than continue to pay the older ones what they are used to.
- Freddie could still lose a few lbs. Nadia could stand to gain a few.
John Aniston plays grumpy very well.
- I have the answer. Fire Freddie and hire Matt Dallas to play Sonny.
- I have a better idea. Let EJ stuff Will's ass with his big, uncut cock.
- Why does Corday keep his buddy Josh Taylor on the show. Roman is a totally useless character.
- Nadia looks like a fat drag queen with a really bad Jersey Shore tan. Totally fake.
- Haters, Nadia is a crassic beauty.
- R582 EJill 4ever. I also hope they will turn hotter Cameron gay or at least bi and that's why they recasted him.
- [quote]Haters, Nadia is a crassic beauty.
Crassic, is right!
- Never having been a regular viewer of Days during ANY of Nadia's previous runs (I come and go as a regular viewer), I was really surprised at how - flat she is. Beautiful. Yes. Distractingly so at times. But absolutely no depth, no subtext to her acting at all. It was so evident in her scenes with Mary Beth Evans who is capable of acting more than what she is saying - but Nadia basically says her lines, slight voice inflections and ... that's it. Her expression rarely changed, no matter what was coming out of her mouth.
Heard they may be writing John Black out for a while (or for good), which I find odd considering that Kristen's return is because of him and Marlena - so to remove him from the equation, particularly as she is involved with his son, seems short sighted. Unless her plan is to now move on quickly and destroy all of John and Marlena's children - which means she's done her job with John, is close to completely screwing Brady over, and is moving on to Sami and Eric to get at Marlena.
Beyond the physical, I still don't get Daniel Jonas. I liked the actor when he was on ATWT all those years ago, but he is WAY too earnest on this show, and pairing him with Jennifer - who is always pleading or upset or anything that requires her NOT to smile - is just too much.
And Rafe. Zero - ZERO - interest in him. I was so happy when he was moved out of Sami's orbit, only to have the new former writing regime come back and get them attracted to one another again. Why? It dulls Sami.
And poor Lucas. When they finally moved Rafe out of Sami's orbit, Lucas was the third prong of the EJ/Sami/fill in the blank and I enjoyed it. But with her attention turning to Rafe again, Lucas has been left doing nothing but talking about other people's stories.
- Kristen's next targets are Nicole and Eric.
- What did Nicole do to her she wasn't even on the show back then?
- I wish Philip would come back and that they would give me screen time to Lucas. Lucas is so cute.
- Days of Our Lives will keep airing at least through September 2014, NBC announced Wednesday.
In a statement by NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke.
"We are thrilled to announce that Days of Our Lives is not going anywhere. It is NBC's longest-running drama series by far and is one of the most historic brands in television,"
- Kind of amazing that it got a renewal.
- Especially since it is in last place among the four soaps on the air now.
- The classic Daniel/Jennifer romance got it renewed.
- [quote] The classic Daniel/Jennifer romance got it renewed.
The Manwhore and the Prudish Cunt? Doubt it.
EJ's huge uncut cock is what did it.
- Actually, my star power got us renewed.
Starring SUZANNE ROGERS as Maggie Horton Kiriakis
- Goddamn right! Maggie Horton is the SHIT!
I don't care if that red comes out of a bottle now, bitch, you are still the DAMN DEAL! You go, bitch!
- Nadia is classically beautiful. Her eyes are incredible.
- I just vomited in my mouth after reading r597.
- THREAD CLOSED!