- Links, thanks. I agee, there appears to be multiple benefits to a Harry & Taylor union and it's one that would require little commitment on either side in terms of spending physical time together.
Re Dent, I agree her comment was not a confirmation. But, it does show how connected these people are that believe H&N are together. Tbh, I was more interested in the tweet added by the comedian guy stating Flack was never involved with H.
- I understand why it looks more interesting, but he has never stated a source for why he thinks that's the case; and he IS a comedian. It's hard to gauge how much of what they say to each other is statement of fact, and how much is just banter about something they suspect, but don't know.
I'm not saying I don't think there's something going on; I'm just saying it's always wise to take tweets from people you don't know, which could be ambiguous in intent, with a pinch of salt. There's been a lot of people posting in the last day or so stating "well this just confirms it for me" or "this proves it, they definitely must know what they're talking about" when for all we know, that might not be the case.
- I think a lot of what we read, see etc... could have several interpretations, but taken all together it makes sense that the one interpretation that can combine them all is most likely the correct one, i.e. Harry and Nick being in some sort of relationship.
- From reading Dean Piper's twitter it seems he's leaving/has left the Sunday Mirror? Maybe that's why he didn't post a clear denial and just, as I see it, said it was old news.
The Dent conversation was quite ambiguous but others seem quite clear (PA guy, the one that answered the anon the other day etc..)
Some of these 'insiders' may just be repeating rumours, but other's such as those mentioned above seem certain and claim direct connections. If they are telling the truth, then their tweets are pretty much confirmation.
However, as we DON'T know these people are telling the truth, I agree these tweets can't be seen as confirmation but isn't taking them with a pinch of salt suggesting they're worthless? I don't agree with that?
An admission, or a direct conversation with someone in 'the know' are the only real confirmations but I agree with R4, everything we have seen and heard over the 12 months points to the 'likelyhood' of the two being together in some way.
- Perez being just a tiny bit sarcastic, haha:
- Anyone catch Caroline on Nick's show this morning? They were funny together. I particularly enjoyed all the giggling when they were talking about what Caroline looked for in a bf and Nick saying 'Rich teenagers, that's what we're looking for'.
Sorry, not really anything to add, Im sad that we're not seeing as much interaction between H and N at the mo. Hopefully just them being discreet rather than them not hanging out anymore.
- I think it's hilarious that no one's buying it. Maybe the younger 1D fans who think Taylor and Harry would look cute together or something. Other than that, no one believes it.
- R7 Perez obviously know all this is clear BS but he's playing along anyway.
L Girl- i think Links suggested not to take these tweets for granted since we don't know these people,not that they are worthless/not mean anything.
I agree with both you and R4 ,as it was said before if the rumors were false they would most likely have stopped by now but it's been a year and the thing is still around with all these people in a position to know who claim direct sources and all,so i do believe there is truth in them,i mean stranger things than two friends hooking up have happened!
In the end,i guess it comes down to each person's judgement,we'll never get an official confirmation so it's up to each person to believe or not the rumors.
- R10, I'm sure you're right, Links is always the voice on reason on here, just wanted to check.
And I agree, short of talking to someone ourselves, we will never get confirmation. All we can do is form our own conclusions based on what is out there whilst keeping in mind that whatever we do conclude, it's not a certainty without 1st hand knowledge.
Fwiw, I believe there is something there.
- Omg- i think they are keeping a low profile and being discreet about their meetings rather than not interacting anymore.Harry was spotted in PH a day or two before they left for America so they probably met then but 1D are on and off on promo a lot recently so normally we don't get many info on them like we used to in the summer for example when they both had more free time and where both in London all the time.
Other than that we have recent tweets exchanged between H/N,Rita's tweets,Harry's mum and sister have also recently tweeted Nick and Nick brought up Harry on his show this week a few times so i'm sure they're still friends.
After all,apart from Nick,Harry is friends with almost all of Nick's friends and he has made his way into their circle and their families are close too,both seem to treasure their friendships so it would be very odd for them to stop hanging out since they are so close one way or another.There has been other times where we haven't gotten any news on them for a while in the past too but everything was fine.And i do believe that they spend more time together than we know of.
- omg - I posted at the end of the temporary thread but I watched the interview on the web cam (I don't think these are available anywhere later) and Nick was seriously blushing after that comment. Caroline was laughing throughout but even when she asked why he was smiling at her he was actually looking shell-shocked more than anything else. Very funny.
- Awwww, he was R13? That's cute!
- I definitely agree there's something to it all, L Girl, I was just saying exactly what R10 says, except less clearly!
I actually heard from someone that their friend saw them sharing a snog in a gay bar. Don't want to say anything too specific, because I'd rather say relatively anon. And you never know who's looking on these things.
- Ooooh, thanks Links! I understand you not wanting to be more spoecific.
- Links, interesting, thanks!
I know you don't want to be specific (so ignore these questions if you feel uncomfortable) but was it recently? & do you think your friend's friend is reliable?
- R13 Nick's interview from this morning is available on his radio page.
- I have no idea if they're reliable, but the friend of MINE seems to think they are.
It was a recent occasion where we know they were both at a GAY bar.
(I think that's really obvious actually, but should be okay.)
- Oh, the Rita Ora occasion?
Thank you anyway, Links:).
- Ha Ha, thanks Links. Got it!
- At Rita Ora,Links? That wasn't very recent but it sounds possible!
- 22 - but given her tweet from last week about the Harry doll, which made them sound a little like a couple, it still seems current.
- It was only a couple of months ago, what do you count as not recent?!
- Here's an interesting tidbit. Go to about the 1 minute mark. Zayn sing-songs "Free" in the same tune as Taylor Swift's "We-ee" during the "are you single question. Louis looks over at Zayn and then over at Harry who smacks him in the back.
So either all the boys are aware of the planned publicity stunt at this point and are teasing him (which is perfectly plausible) or there may be a bit more weight to the rumor than we thought.
- Links, it was 6 weeks ago, recent in my opinion!
J, Given Beiber made his comment about Harry and Swift in April and H has been answering questions about her since then, I would have thought they will have been aware that some sort of 'stunt' has been on the cards for quite a while?
When is the video from?
- Not six weeks ago, 8 weeks ago as Links said (sorry, V tired!)
- R25 i wouldn't read too much into that,people thought the Natalie rumor was real because Nick was teasing Harry about it and also Nick with Louis at the itunes interview when they had the ""argument"" on what cover song is Harry's favourite (when N and L were insisting that Torn is).
But as we know Harry denied that and said in his Now interview Nick likes making a joke out of all the rumors.I suppose the Swift thing was being "cooked" for a long time anyway,the "rumors" have been around since April if i'm not mistaken.
- The video is very recent. I think just a few days before the "necklace swap". So they could have easily just found out that Harry was going to have to PR his friendship with Taylor a bit more.
The boys always seem eager to tease Harry and Niall about rumors/PR stunts (see Niall and Demi) so it doesn't necessarily insinuate a real relationship.
- What necklace swap?!
- Have watched the whole interview (actually quite a fun one they all seem upbeat) and the bit you mentioned three times (I'm thorough) and Louis really seems to be only looking at them because they are making silly noises, Harry had started off by saying "born free" and Zahn appears to be singing the chorus to that.
- The previous tweets alleging they were seen all over each other etc were back In January I think so this is a lot more recent.
- On another note: some people still seem convinced that Harry wasn't even at Xfactor because we only got tweets from two xfactor accounts and nobody else (contestants/fans/PAs) has mentioned that Harry was there (plus no pictures while when 1D was there a billion pap photos and photos with fans were posted) Plus they mention the timing of the tweets is off (Harry would have had to be on his way to LAX though this could just be because the xfactor accounts were waiting for approval of their tweets before posting as Boyce Avenue tweeted that Taylor's rehearsals were over by 1pm)
It seems a little far fetched that they would fake something like that when they've gone through the effort of making sure Harry was in LA, but what do all of you think?
- R30 Taylor was wearing Harry's airplane necklace all over London when she was there last. And since he left the afternoon she arrived (judging by the fact we've got pap photos of her every day in London and this is the first day we get them) They literally would have had to do a hand off which isn't very romantic. And Harry was spotted in Primrose before his flight so he even might not have been the one passing the necklace over.
- Yeah, I definitely think the others in the band would be aware if a PR stunt was planned...they'd have to play along and surely they all know about Nick.
- I think that it's plausible he wasn't with her but even if he was, the whole thing seems so obviously staged that I'm not sure it's even worse analysing their 'thing'?
I just can't see how it can be anything but PR (& I wouldn't say that about other girls he has been linked with so I'm not looking at this through blinkers)
- Ohhh, any chance the necklace was a coincidence?
I have two thoughts on x-factor - 1, Harry was really there, but most likely popped in to see someone and not necessarily Taylor, but she happened to be there and why wouldn't they have a chat really. or 2, Harry went back to LA for another reason, and was never actually at x-factor. I feel his trip back to LA was maybe for the same reason he went to LA for like 2 days the other month.
Throws me with Nick though, wouldn't Harry wana get back to London when he could with the other boys? This is the second time he has randomly just been in America for longer than he need appears to need to be - VMA's and now this. There must be some reason, but if him and Nick are properly together, its slightly odd behaviour.
- J - i don't know what to believe about the xfactor,he could be there obviously but there are no photos and noone mentioned that they saw him and i bet he wasn't hidding or anything since the official XFactor account tweeted about it it wasn't a secret!
The only thing that's for certain is that the whole thing is so odd and weird and certainly doesn't match Harry's personality,even Liam said he is a secretive person and likes keeping things to himself
- 37 - From listening to Nick in the mornings he has had a terribly busy week; yesterday for example he was working from 6.30am (well probably a little earlier) through to 1am this morning so I don't think they would have really had the opportunity to see much of each other anyway.
- I think he went to LA to hang out with Gary Lightbody and the Snow Patrol guys, and it happened to be happy coincidence (for his PR) that Taylor was there to generate more rumours/fluff etc.
I'm basing that opinion purely off my own opinion of him and the situ though, no idea of the truth.
We'll probably never know anyway, or find out 10 years down the line...
- Is he not just in LA for business reasons? Either to facilitate some sort of solo project at some point (the Jagger biog rumours are still floating around) or/and to set up some sort of 'dating' deal or maybe just to further his 'mysterious' image?
I doubt anyone would fly off the LA for 2 days at a time even I they were properly single?
- R37 most tweets imply that what they have isn't a serious commited relationship and i believe that even if they do like each other a lot they wouldn't go into anything serious since they both know better than to think it would work.
Apart from that we don't know why Harry stayed longer but i think it's safe to assume it was for bussiness rather than holidays and Nick is very busy too so it's not like they can always meet even when they are both in London.
- I haven't watched it but apparently H hesitated on The Ellen Show when asked if he was single.
It seems that the way they are playing it with H is to constantly imply he is 'dating' 'hooking up' 'snogging' 'crushing' on girls whilst never officially confirming or denying any of them (or producing any actual evidence bar the odd pap shot, that supports them)
He is always deliberately vague and his answers are often identical in relation to each incident (Natalie I: "we left at the same time, I can see how it looked dodgy" etc..) Scripted?
I think he'll just continue like this. He looks like a womaniser and 'available' all at the same time.
- I was just looking into whether Taylor was in LA when Harry went for a couple of days last time...she wasn't. She was apparently filming her video in Paris and then stayed for the Paris fashion week.
I guess the trip could have been to set up the deal or whatever, but it is odd...you'd think Harry wouldn't need to be there himself either.
- To me this points more towards there being something to do with him alone that makes him go and the Taylor thing is an added PR bonus, like someone said.
- L Girl - i have noticed that pattern too,even with Caroline which he admitted it was a "relationship" (i still believe it was most likely PR) we never had actual evidence of them hanging out except in one occassion with that blurry photo from a dinner they had accompanied with other friends.Everything else was "sources" claiming that they saw them out and about but no photographic evidence.
I do believe that when/if Harry finds a girl he will announce it officially,judging from his behaviour towards his mother,sister and other people he seems caring and gentle and i can't imagine him being "serious" with a girl but keeping her hidden for the shake or publicity,not forever anyway,that wouldn't be nice to say the least.
I think Harry is big part of 1D's publicity and their people know this,if the fangirls go crazy just at the thought of him being in a relationship(see all the hate Pixie got for example)imagine how they'd react if he said he is seeing someone.So yes i agree,i do think it's all on purpose too keep the fangirls dreaming but i do believe this might change when/if Harry really falls for a girl big time.
- R46, I'd agree with most of your post but I'm starting to wonder of he might actually be gay as apposed to bi.
- L Girl, if they really go for the Taylor scenario, I'm going to be pretty convinced he is gay, not bi.
- You are all mentally ill.
Get help, get meds, get lives.
I hope Harry Styles has added security.
That is all.
- L Girl- i'm wondering the same,i just said girl because obviously if he gets serious with a male he'll obviously have to hide it or just forget about it.
I don't think we have enough evidence to define his sexuality but opposed to Niall who has been single for as long as Harry but we've seen him partying with girls and being touchy/feely with them we have never seen Harry in a similar position,it could be because he is hidding his hook-ups etc well or because he isn't interested in girls anyway.
To me Harry reminds me a bit of Mark from Westlife,Mark never spoke about his personal life in interviews and when he did he gave very vague answers and while he was seen with a couple of girls in public he never claimed to date them aka get a beard.I see a rather similar pattern here with Harry or i could be complitely wrong and wow this post sounds too tinhatt-y i am sorry.
- R50, was Mark the gay one? Wasn't really interested in Westlife, more a TT fan myself!
- Mark was the gay one. He also came out at 25, 7 years into Westlife success.
- Yes L Girl he was,also my favourite member! I was never too obsessed with Westlife but my close friend is and she actually pointed this Harry/Mark similarity to me,she read a couple of interviews of 1D and then phoned me and asked if Harry is the gay one because he reminded her of Mark.Seeing as Westlife were managed by Louis Walsh but Simon Cowell was involved too i found this interesting.
- It is interesting, R53. Thank you. I didn't know the Walsh and Cowell involvement.
- Look at Ellen DeGeneres latest tweet ...
- Link to said tweet
- Disappointing, R55. I know that's how things work, but still...
- Ellen is known to make fun of Taylor and all of the guys she gets linked to.
- I guess the way she worded it "between you and me" when it obviously isn't might imply that she's saying she knows it's PR.
- Ellen wouldn't do that, she's not controversial at all and she has Taylor on her show several times a year. She's big for that demographic and will probably do favors.
- Yeah, that's what I thought...but I don't appreciate it.
I realized she wasn't controversial at all at the Oscars. I was a big fan before then, not as much now.
- Wonder how much Ellen is getting paid for that tweet...
- Many fans have already "bought" the story,saying it cannot be PR because they don't see any benefit and Harry and Taylor are both "angels" and Ellen is their "queen".
How naive can they be???
- I guess the Ellen tweet was needed for a bit of "credibility," huh?
- R63 Really? A lot of the fans I'm seeing (even the ones who are 100% convinced Harry is straight) are saying it's definitely PR now that Ellen's tweeted it as well as Xfactor.
The fact that Ellen tweeted after the articles and other tweets suggests she got no wind of it when she interviewed them otherwise she might have made a cheeky comment then.
I agree she's just following the rumors and staying in line with her non-controversial image.
- I mean disregarding anything else, it really seems like the media etc...have jumped on this very quickly. It seems quite rushed.
- R64 it could be for that,also Ellen is friendly with Swift and had the boys on her show last week so a deal could be easily made.
I liked Ellen when she started,she was fun and honest but now she has backed up and started working with the system like it happens with all those who start as something more honest and different.
I'm still waiting for Harry or Harry/Taylor pics from the xfactor but i guess they won't come,was Harry even there?!
- I may be the only one here who doesn't get the big deal surrounding Harry. Aren't there 4 other members? I just want to know what the fascination with Harry is? Is it because he could be the gay one?
- I can only imagine the younger 1D fans believing this story. There's no way older fans aren't at least suspecting there's something weird about this whole thing. And anyone who knows even a bit about the Nick/Harry gossip can't possibly be buying it either.
- So im guessing the general
consensus here is Harry/Taylor is PR and something is/was going on between Harry and Nick? Correct me if im wrong?
- Here's Sugarscape's article on Taylor/Harry. Do I detect a lot of sarcasm? They seem to be picking up on the textbook PR relationship moves. Or maybe I'm just reading into it.
- It definitely looks like they're not quite buying it, J. Maybe they're sensing the rush as well?
- I just want to say this whole "the gay one" thing is offensive, and not because calling someone gay is bad. There is no rule about every boy band having a "gay one," it's just a joke. You're making them into a token. None of them could be gay or all of them could be gay. This is the real world.
Now I'll get off my soap box.
- J definitely! Sugarscape were also very sarcastic when they posted that article about Cara moving in with Harry which was obviously all fake!Perez's article was full on sarcasm too! These people know what's what and if they are making fun of it then that's good as confirmed that it's all PR doing.
- @r73 I agree with what you said. I'm gonna assume your addressing me since I made that comment. I'm just trying to understand the fascination with Harry? It definitely seems his sexuality is a big deal here because here's part 7 of a thread with him. So if his sexuality isn't the fascination, then what is it?
I also want to apologize if I offended anyone, that definitely wasn't the intention.
- Sorry, I wasn't only addressing you. I brought it up because I've seen it several times and finally decided to say something. So please don't feel singled out.
- R75, I personally just find Harry the most intriguing in general, but I do come here specifically to discuss his possible relationship with Nick. Everything else is better left for other forums.
- I don't think it's because of possibly being "the gay one", i think there's certain ambiguity to his entire persona. The rest of the band define him as "the perverted one" and that might have to do with a liberal take on his own sexuality (the Mick Jagger comparisons for me, come from that aspect) But in general i think it has to do with him being kind of the weird one of the bunch. He's the one with a very different musical taste than the others, the cool "indie" crowd, the visits to gay clubs, etc. He's a bit of a contradiction if you ask me, on one side he appears to be this charming "womanizing" oversexed precocious teenager, and on the other he's a loving godfather, a complete mama's boy, and a smart very polite young man. I remember Nick and Fearne Cotton discussing Harry, and Nick saying something about how his politeness can be too much sometimes. I guess he's kind of an intriguing character, which is unusual for a boy band. Or it all could be a manufactured image. If it is, it's clearly working.
- Thank you, R78, for putting into words exactly what I meant by him being intriguing. That's exactly it.
- R78 thank you,this is why i am interested in Harry too but sadly as it sounds i believe that about 60-70% of his image is purely fabricated to be appealing to the crowd and keep people talking like we do.
Even Harry is very different in interviews,sometimes he's funny and talkative,others serious and mysterious etc while the rest have a constant attitude.I think he's both still trying to figure himself out and also playing the fame game and i reckon it can get confusing for someone his age.
I think there are good and bad parts in him and his mother and sister,maybe a few close friends too,know what's what but,as Liam said,Harry is bery secretive and hides stuff even from his bandmembers so i don't think we'll ever know how exactly he is.
- Another Sugarscape article says Harry doll sales are down 15% from the last one and his are now selling behind Niall and Louis so maybe his PR team thought his popularity has been declining because all of the womnizing "home-wrecker" stories have finally caught up with him. The Taylor story might be a last ditch effort to re-boost his popularity.
On the other hand, Niall dolls are selling the best and he's still playing the "single" card despite multiple reports that he's been introducing Amy as his girlfriend in certain circles.
- A new tweet,i can't work out if she could be inna position to know anything or is just a fan but here you go
@MissEKirk: Harry's deffo going back to Nick Grimshaws after this #closet
- Zayn and Niall do not have consistent attitudes. In fact I'd say Harry and Zayn have similar personalities, except that Zayn doesn't tend to like attention. Harry's musical taste doesn't stand out so much either. He went to a Train concert this year. You might just think Grimmy's taste is reflective of Harry's.
I think if Harry wasn't friends with who he is, certain people wouldn't find him so intriguing.
I think he's great, though. Just simpler than he's given credit for.
- There was a girl who Niall always met up with, just a fangirl and it was obviously just for one thing on his part.
Can anyone remember her name.
- True. Nick has been a big influence on him and how we perceive him. Just another reason for me to believe that Nick is a very relevant figure in Harry's life at the moment.
- I think most people view Niall as the member most ignored in 1D but i think his low profile image will pay off later.
He never gets involved in any drama and he always appears cheerful and happy so the fans love him and even though he's going out partying and drinking the fans don't seem bother by it(like they do when the other boys do that)and the press don't comment on it either.From the whole thing with Demi he's the one who gained the most as most fans think Demi rejected him so they treat him like a poor hurt soul.He's also getting conmections in the industry,hanging out with celebrity friends like JLS and going at the XFactor and fancy parties and meeting people.
His image is the most clean one so i wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be the one doing a solo career after all,his voice isn't his strongest card but he plays the guitar and write songs a lot.Let's not forget he's the most popular/loved one in America.
All these scandals won't be good for Harry,i'm afraid he might turn out as another celebrity known for his personal life/scandals rather than his work.
- [R68] this is a gay gossip website so it makes sense that the gossip is focused on celebrities who may or may not be gay. We're all aware there are 4 other members, some of us are bothered and some of us aren't. There's a general 1D thread somewhere for those of us who want to chat about the others (and those who couldn't care less about Nick!) I like all the boys but seeing as 2 of the others are in straight relationships, 1 is rumoured to be starting one and 1 just got out of a long one, there's not too much to be discussed there!
We're certainly not hating on any of the other boys :)
- Don't know too much about Twitter so don't know if the attached is something one can fake, but if not, interesting. Her initial tweet appears to be
@Harry_Styles haylor? really? haha
- R88 I wouldn't believe and "DMs" they're very easy to fake because you just need to change your display name and your profile picture and it will appear like the person you're imitating.
Harry never responds to rumors so I doubt he'd start now.
- 88, that's definitely fake. Another account wrote that she's known for starting different rumors.
- This is a new article on Nick.. its about the Breakfast Show
- @r83 couldn't have said this better myself.
- More Xfactor PR from Taylor/Harry. Mario Lopez "confirms pair was holding hands"
- J- this is starting to get ridiculous, hand-holding? On another note all of the 1D guys have been spotted leaving the Children in Need studio except Harry.
- What a stupid article about Nick, not that I'd expect better from that "newspaper."
J - What a surprise, haha! It's beyond ridiculous now...they're getting the fast-track, condensed treatment.
- 1313, yeah, how sweet it would be if he's sticking around for Nick's segment...there really isn't any other logical reason!
- Oh this is getting so much like Caroline i'm laughing!My favourite part is how we still have no photos of H/T together,did PR thought that wasn't important enough? That a few "confirmed" tweets would convince us all?
R94 that is interesting,thanks! I hope he stayed for Nick :)
- Nick is looking very good on Children in Need, very dapper! Anne, Harry's mum just tweeted about how good he looks!
- J, are they actually trying go make it look fake?!
R94, where did you hear that?
- Oh hello Nick Grimshaw - looking rather nice this evening - loving the none quiffed hair surprisingly.
I very much love Anne's comments to/about Nick - she really seems to like him a lot. And she only knows him through Harry, so Nick is clearly well in Harry's life :)
- L girl- twitter just people saying that they saw them all leave except Harry/
- I always check @nessa1dee for any updates since they have a crush on Harry and are almost always accurate,it does seem like Harry is still at the studio since noone saw him leaving.
- This Taylor thing wouldn't be so bad of it weren't so forced. But, it helps to distract from whatever they deem a problem; and keeps fangirls on their toes. So it's all a win/win I guess.
- The whole Taylor thing could be good in a way as Nick/Harry may feel more free to hang out more as 'friends'...
- Is this new? Not seen it before. H and N getting out of a car. Harry drove it.
- R105 from the look of the tags, it's from April.
- R105, never seen it before or any pics of them dressed like that.
Funny how these pics never make the papers. Shows they really are together more than we see.
- L Girl- not only that but apparently they are pretty good at hidding it too,i'm wondering how many more such pics like this are out there.
- A link to this was just tweeted. I hadn't seen it before, although it does date back to August, the second paragraph just abandons subtlety in a way I wasn't expecting...
- "For starters, it looks like Hazza's about to give a swift backhand to the arse of the unsuspecting chap infront of him. Although on second thoughts, that looks like it's Grimmy, who's probably pretty well braced for some arse action."
I don't know how much more clear they can make it,i'm laughing
- So Harry has apparently not left the CiN studio? Are these twitters usually reliable? Be nice to think if he has stayed to watch him co-present backstage!
- Wow, R109! I hadn't read that before...amazing!
- Nice sudden grin at the mention of 1D Nick ;o) (#TinHattedFool)
- R113 It may be tinhatting but I noticed it too, he tried not to smile at the 1d mention but couldn't help it, it seems!
- R111 they are reliable like 80% of the time,basically what these update accounts do is send fans who they call insiders to stalk the boys or look for them whether they might be and then report back to these accounts what the boys are doing.It's super creepy but effective.
I believe there were fans outside the studio and all around and probably saw the other boys leaving but not Harry,do unless Harry left from a secret exit or something under the fans' nose ,i think it's safe to assume he's still there
- It was adorable, R113, and VERY obvious!!!
- Well, glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that grin! Won't ready too much into it as he may have been smiling at something off camera but it appeared to be at the mention of 1D, bless.
- When Harry was about to sing little things, I thought he smiled to someone and wondered if it was nick but it could have been anyone.
- I find it sort of odd that this comedian has mentioned nick and harry on his twitter several times... wonder why someone like him cares so much? Unless he likes to just make a joke of it a lot.
- 1D going away to do something this weekend?
if not I suspect that we won't see much of Harry for the next few days, seeing as he will be hiding away at Grimmy's :)
- @thisisdavid: It must be bad for Grimmy. Harry is in the country and he has to work.
Noone is buying the Swift story after all!
- David Morgan really seems to believe that the Nick/Harry rumors are true.
- Wow. Grimmy's looking VERY good tonight.
- I cant watch Children in Need because I live in America but I am waiting for them to post the part with Nick on there website so I can watch it there and see what u guys were talking about when u said Nick smiled when 1D was mentioned
- I recon if/when we start to get photos of Harry with Taylor, people will consider it more - at the moment it seems a bit implausible and out of the blue! I think a LOT of fans just won't buy it at all, partly due to Taylor's reputation, distance, likelihood of it being real and not PR and of course those who believe Harry is gay. But some will be more swayed if we start to get pictures I think.
- 123 - isn't he just. Little bit weird seeing him trying to present the serious side of CiN, he's much better at the jokey side! But still generally not a bad job from him. Funny seeing Wogan paired up with a man instead of a blonde women. I think a needed move by CiN.
- very random note but I have to say it: I love how "submissive" Harry is, haha. He can't say no to anyone. And he does what people tell him to do.
Children in Need when Fearne wanted to shave his head he just looked defeated and hung his head to let her do it.
When people want to touch his hair he always let them, and even leans into the touch.
I saw a clip of Zayn stroking his hair and Harry basically purred, lol.
and even when interviewers or whatever call him a "womanizer" he just smiles awkwardly and lets it slide. I don't think he likes arguments.
but yeah, back to H/N. I do hope that they'll spend some time together this weekend, but they're probably going to be sneaky about it.
- It was amusing in that Swedish interview where the guy interviewing them asked to touch Harry's hair and did so for a bit and Harry seemed to be trying not to react. He really does seem to enjoy it like a kitten.
I also noticed the Fearne moment...awwww.
- R119, @thisisdavid made a comment about 1D in reference to 'coming out day'
A journalist from Heat magazine responded saying he needed to talk to him about the it. Thisisdavid has tweeted about H&N a few times since. Perhaps the heat guy shared something about H?
A number of media guys have tweeted more than once about H&N (when prompted by something relevant) I don't think it's strange. People like to show off when they think they are in the know (whether or not they are, they certainly seem to think they are)
- Someone who is obviously reading this thread just tweeted @thisisdavid about H/N,can you guys please not do this? I know he just puts the tweets out there where everyone can see but there is no need to draw further attention to it!
- R130 I completely agree, just stop.
- R130, are you telling people that they can't mention tweets on here? What's the point of that?
Twitter is far more public than this forum?! The people tweeting this stuff have all got 1000's of followers.
This thread probably has about 100!
(If they didn't want attention, they wouldn't be tweeting the info)
- Maybe someone read about it here, but I do think people may be searching for different combinations of their names on Twitter anyway. I agree that tweeting to ask anything is not a good idea though.
- L Girl - I think that person means someone has read the tweet on here and has gone out of the way to @reply them to ask them about N/H
- At least they avoided any hashtags; but not ideal.
- L Girl it's what R134 has said,someone tweeted @thisisdavid asking him about H/N.
I know that since these people tweet these things publically on twitter they should expect some sort of attention to it but i just think fans shouldn't tweet asking them about it?? It's pointless since i don't think they're gonna reply and share whatever info they have with them and there is no reason to draw more attention to it.
- But they're teasing people and looking for that attention. Why even bother to say anything if no one is curious about it? Comedians need the attention more than anyone.
- Possibly, but the 4000k + people that follow him could also do that, plus all those who stumble across the tweet when searching for 'Harry Styles'
I think this site is a far less likely place to discover the tweet!
I would never tweet something I wasn't prepared for the whole of the Twitter universe to potentially see. I'm sure these guys are the same.
Half these guys are in the entertainment industry and no doubt use their twitter as an extension of their business. I'm sure they know what they are doing!
- L Girl yes i know but i'm just saying if someone who happens to read this thread did it then it's not a very wise idea,i didn't accuse anyone of anything nor meant to cause any trouble so sorry if i did,it's just something that i personally wouldn't do.
- On another note this is interesting...
@Lispaaa: @Nessa1dee On E! news just now they asked Simon if he saw Harry at TXF yesterday and he said no. I think he would've said hi if he was there
@Lispaaa: @Nessa1dee And apparently LA Reid said no too.. and a few others that were asked. Just thought I'd let you know! :)
- R136, if they tweet controversial gossip, they should expect people to react (& maybe they them about it?)
I'm not going to stop mentioning interesting tweets on here as the information is already out there and available to a MUCH larger audience than this could ever hope to attract!!
- L Girl you got me wrong,i NEVER said that you or anyond else should stop posting tweets/news on here,i've been following this thread since part2 and i've posted a few tweets myself!
I just think fans should avoid asking if they want to,i am asking sorry again for the misunderstanding!
- R139, sorry, i know you weren't trying to cause trouble! (and I respect yor opinion)
I just wanted to point out that all we are doing is chatting about info that is well and truly out there already as apposed to spreading some closely guarded secret to the masses!!
- Never said what we are talking about here is a secret or anything but we all know 1D fans can get a bit carried away.
Anyway any thoughts on Cowell,LA Reid and other TXF USA saying on E! that they didn't see Harry there yesterday?
- R142, no need to apologise. It was my misunderstanding!
- the weird thing is that not a single fan or person working on xf managed to meet Harry or get a pic with him?
He so wasn't there...
He probably spent the day working together with snow patrol writing songs, like Gary had tweeted.
and the two accounts on twitter saying those things about seeing Harry and Taylor together both work for Syco. I smell PR so bad that it's not even funny.
- 146 - but that's the problem isn't it? It's badly done PR.
- This Harry/Taylor thing is looking like the worst PR work ever. Agree, it's actually funny.
- But if it's PR and related to Syco then Simon knows about it, and why would he slip up like that? They're just playing gamed at this point, and maybe that's all the PR they need.
- No problem, R142, I agree with you about asking the people who tweeted stuff for more details, I just felt like this forum is often but not always the source.
The Simon Cowell etc... tweets are really odd...I guess maybe not everyone was there during rehearsals...but still, very very strange.
- I don't think the girl lied about what she saw on e!news since it's something that can be easily confirmed as true or not so Simon must have said that and apparently other TXF members too.
I think this controversity is all they need,to keep the people talking and wondering what is happening,this is what i would expect Simon to do actually as he isn't the person to "confirm" things.
With Niall/Demi he was all like "Demi stay away from Niall",he even tweeted that! So he just likes the drama/attention.
It seems like it was all done for the TXF ratings after all,we'll see.
- "I love how our hate of Haylor brings everyone together Elounor, Gryles, Larry, non shippers all come together to agree that Haylor is a bunch of bullshit!!"
Just saw that on tumblr. Pretty much sums it all up.
- The girl that tweeted the comedian appears to have deleted her tweet (so panic over)
- I have no idea how u find these tweets on twitter I have tried looking and I dont no what to do, or how u guys do it, but props to u for knowing where to look
- Seems like Harry stayed after for Nick after all,here is a picture of them together backstage!
- The picture originally came from BBC's site,link below
- If this kid is gay would the coming out be a bigger problem than him going out with someone a lot older than him. From all the chatter on here it seems like he wouldn't give a shit. He already has a bigger career than the other famous gay UK pop stars like Will Young.
- @r157 exactly! At this point he might as well just say he's bi if he rodent want to claim gay. People make Harry out to seem like he doesn't care much about anything, so why is this such a big deal? Fangirls would be quick to accept Larry. I'm sure the wouldn't mind Nick and grimmy.
Harry seems very into grimmy, I can't wait until he comes out about it. Womanizer my ass.
- Even if Harry woke up and decided he didn't give a fuck if people knew he was gay (and I think he's bi), he can't out himself. He's under contracts, he has an image to maintain - that being that he's someone girls can imagine themselves with.
A boy band's demographic is 90% tween/teen girls. That can't be ignored. Estrogen is an enormous part of this. Studies have been done. There is a shitload of money left to make for the label and for the band, and Harry would have no career as a solo any time in the near future and probably no interest, not to mention his loyalty to the other 4 guys.
So it's just unreasonable and if he is bi there's even less of a necessity for him to be open.
- So according to this video Mario said that he didn't see anything because he was busy - a very different tune then what he was singing a bit later when he said he saw them holding hands!
And Simon just said he wasn't at rehearsal but Taylor/Harry are cute - so exactly the non denial / non confirmation you would expect at this point.
The one clever thing about this PR fiasco is that they've managed to link it all back to Xfactor... good for Syco.
- Nice to see that picture, Thanks R155. Looks like a dressing room? Nice that he stayed back (or maybe that was taken before) but nevertheless nice to know they were together.
J - Maybe they've realised how much of a shit job they've done at this PR job and are trying to reel it in a bit? who knows.
- Harry being supportive of Nick and R1; afterall he retweeted this when it was first done in September. Nice though.
- So they woke up in the same bed and started to tweet each other! Nice.
- J - i agree with R161 , they might have realized what a shitty PR job they did so they are holding back,or maybe they are just playing games or both.
Sure thing is the whole thing couldn't be a more obvious PR job!
I'm still wondering how will they playing it down,will they just let people talk and guess while H/T act like friends or will they actually fake a relationship?
My thought is they will never deny nor confirm anything and Harry will keep on claiming to be single!They did the same with Niall,there was so much talk about this Amy girl but he is still saying he is single.I don't think they will risk the most popular member being "commited" when they have so much promo/tour to do.
- It's nice to wake up to a H/N photo and tweet...awwww.
I am starting to find the whole Taylor PR mess quite amusing...it's a mess.
- I bet it is a gooooooood morrrrrning isn't it Harry, now your back with Nick ;o) (TH).
- 165 - This is the original; it's the second along. No pictures of 1D, just Nick and Harry.
- Thank you, R167, I saw it on the previous page, but I appreciate your help:).
R166, I thought the same thing with that tweet...adorable.
- It is amusing that the BBC (Radio1) have kind of adopted Harry as part of the team...I love that the official photo is of just the two of them!
- Interesting discussion on the Popjustice forum:
- Thanks, R170. It seems the one person who actually claims to have inside knowledge is saying that Harry and Nick are involved and that it is only a secret in public.
- Thanks R170
I agree with R171 and it also explains how so many people seem to know,secrets always stop being secrets after a while anyway!
- wow thread dead. anyway, to bad we didn't get any sneaky pics of Harry leaving Nick's place this morning (if he now did sleep over) that would have been great.
but it was good to finally see them together again last night. it had been quite a while.
- Well, sometimes photos take a few days to turn up...you never know, haha.
- I love how Larry shippers are in the middle of world war 3 right now because of Louis, while Haylor is PR and the fact that I believe that Harry spent the last night with Nick.
it's a good day :)
- What did Louis do now?
- r176 Haven't looked at tumblr (shudder) but I assume it's this tweet:
- ok thanks. I think it cute but Larry shippers are crazy so I understand why they r freaking out.
- well he didn't exactly do anything wrong, but he tweeted this to his childhood friend Stan:
"unfortunately mate people like that are a lost cause and can't stand to see me and eleanor happy. Shame really!"
and then Stan started to reply to Larry shippers that basically Larry is bullshit and Louis thatt is happy with his gf and they're so in love and you don't know them in real life and so on...
- One of Nick's X Factor tweets (Ian Chaloner is Radio 1 producer whom he works with). I think gentle teasing on Ian's part more than anything else. But amusing.
- Ooh, I missed that, r179.
- R180 - I don't think that Ian's tweets had anything to do with "haylor", they always say that we are never ever getting back together is the best song ever when they play it on the show..
- I believe that Louis is irrationally fearful of being labeled gay.
- He's rationally annoyed at the thousands of girls who dehumanise and abuse his girlfriend through social media. He's not actually mentioned the gay factor at any point; it's always been in defense of Eleanor, or other members of his family who have been caught in the cross-fire.
Why do we think Harry stayed at Nick's last night?
I have to say, I heard some stuff last night that seemed to go against all of this. And even weirder, confirmed Taylor Swift.
- Links- what did u hear?
- FWIW, someone on twitter says she saw H in Manchester today.
- Whom or where from, Links?
- lol I love that in the middle of this drama, with both "Haylor" and "Larry" trending and Louis lashing out at fans Harry twittered "Best dog in the world..Alfred" haha love it.
- Do go on Links ...?!
- Just read this in the sunday mirror and it's got nothing to do with H/N but it kinda confirms our discussion a while back about Harry being a bit lonely.
“Harry is very sensitive. He wants to talk but doesn’t want to make conversation. You have to do all the talking. He just wants a bit of company. He’s always worried about his mum. They’re all quite tight but Harry’s a little bit of a loner. He has a hell of a way about him. He’s a very charming individual. Everyone who meets him notices that. All the guys are lovely individually but Harry does have a certain something about him that separates him. No-one ever has a bad word to say about him. He gets a lot of attention from girls. Harry is a charmer… a smooth operator.”
— \tAndy Samuels
- R190 - Did you mean to write Andy Davies, not Andy Samuels? Puts a slightly different slant to it!
Thanks for the heads-up. Here's the article:
- Thanks, NW3, that does put a different slant on it.
It's a great quote though, very interesting and it does seem to confirm some of our impressions.
- haha opps sorry. I copied it from tumblr and didn't double check the name the end. but yes Andy Davies.
- I want to no what Links heard that confirmed the Taylor/Harry rumors?
- R190 That's not from Andy Samuels, it's from Andy Davies, their bodyguard.
Well all I can really say is that I know someone who knows Harry as an acquaintance - as in, their social circles sometimes merge, and this person has been in contact with him. This person is in a band and one of the other members is friends with Nick.
Because of this person being in this band, I don't see them very much anymore, so even though I knew they had the connection to Harry/Nick, it would never have crossed my mind to ask them.
However, someone else I was out with actually brought it up (the same person who's friend saw them in G-A-Y) without knowing this person had their sort-of-connections. They then said that, Harry's been dating Taylor for over a year; and that while Nick definitely wants him, and tries it on, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
So I don't really know what to make of this. It in no way has to be true, of course, they may well know no more than we do. However, I'm fairly sure he's been to parties and such where H/N have been there. It's surprised me - ESPECIALLY the Taylor part. I can't work out why they would have been hiding it for so long; surely if it's real, it's a PR dream? I'd also question the time-frame, as I'm not sure Harry could have met her over a year ago.
- Huh, interesting article indeed - as we thought about Harry, he does always seem separated off slightly. And the whole you having to make convo with him, again, I've always got that impression! And for me makes his friendship with Nick make some sense in that Nick is clearly very much a talker, probably works very nicely between them in that sense.
- Thanks, Links. It's interesting, but the dating Taylor for over a year part doesn't make any sense. I don't think they'd met by then as you said and why would she be dating someone else in public in the meantime?
- No way has Harry been dating Taylor for a year - have we even ever had a photo of them together?! or a time they could have possibly conducted a real life relationship. And if so, Haroline must again have been PR only. and why would Harry let that happen if he was in fact dating another girl. I could understand if he was dating a boy but another girl. Not so much.
Also, if Harry is indeed in a relationship with a girl or even if not and he's straight, I just cannot see Nick 'trying it on' as such, why would Harry continue to hang out with him so much if that was the case? I like to think if nothing else their friendship is a strong one, therefore surely a friend wouldn't try it on with another persons boyfriend. and if Harry isn't gay - Nick has plenty of straight male friends. I doubt he'd bother to waste his time 'trying it on'.
- I agree, R196.
- How has Taylor been dating Harry for over a year if she has been with Connor Kennedy? Also if I had a friend that kept trying to hookup with me and I wasnt into him I would not be spending all of my free time with that person, that just seems weird to me?
- Very good points, R198. I couldn't see Nick trying to force the issue.
- And Nick and Harrys' Call or Delete back in April would be oddly mean.
- I find the part about Harry dating Taylor for over a year very hard to believe (but who knows?) - but the part about him and Nick makes sense to me when I think back to that sentence about them in the Guardian article: "pop's most complex Special Relationship". After all, what's so complex about two people simply being a couple? A very close friendship where one person fancies the other and tries to get them into bed but the other feels strictly platonic fits a description like this much better, imo.
- Almost 4,000 posts about this on a gay message board? Who are you people?
- Maybe that person is prone to exaggerating and it's been more like most of this year. They probably wouldn't know minute details like that. Maybe it was off and on. But the overall story wouldn't change of course.
- I think the complexity might come from their situation, not their relationship, R203. I doubt the writer could just say "Special Relationship" and leave at that. That would have been a bit too obvious I think.
- I find it hard to believe that if Nick has tried it on with Harry and Harry is not into it why would Harry spend a lot of his free time with Nick? If it was me I would not spend all of my free time with that person if they were into me and I wasnt into them. That does not make sense?
- Why wouldn't the fact that one of the biggest pop stars in the world might be in a gay relationship be a topic for discussion on a gay gossip message board, r204?
- See, I took the pops most complex special relationship as - 'an alternative, hipster 28 year old radio DJ and a 18 year old pop band member' being best friends. why. weird. kinda thing.
Something I just always always go back too with Harry is Nick's final night time show (I just came across a clip and re-watched) and the 'I'm coming out' karaoke bit - and just how much Nick nodded/looked towards Harry and giggled. WHY would Nick do that if it had no relevance, I duno. He did it kinda slyly as well, if you were listening on an actual radio you wouldn't have even known (until example said something). Strange anyway.
Anyway, back to the present day.
- Taylor Swift is the luckiest girl alive, I admit I am jealous of her.
Taylor Lautner, Jake Gyllenhall, Joe Jonas, Harry Styles, life really isn't fair.
I don't even think she is that pretty.
- I have no doubt in my mind that H & N have done stuff at their "sleepovers". Harry seems quite experimental and Nick likes them young and pretty.
I can only assume that it started out casual for them both, but mabye turned into something more serious...but who knows
- I have no investment in this either way, but fwiw, I started to think Harry was secretly seeing someone probably a couple weeks before that cosmo interview came out where he said he liked someone. There were some clues, but I never suspected it was Taylor. Some things don't really match up there. He's such a secretive person that I didn't quiiiite buy the Nick thing, since he's not secretive about their tight friendship.
Also fwiw, when I was Harry's age, if I had an older friends who I thought was really cool, I'd probably not make it a big deal if they made it clear they wanted to get it in. I'd more than likely have been flattered by the attention and more or less strung them along. I don't imagine Nick would actually harrass him.
- I don't think the story about Taylor and Harry being together for a year makes sense. How? and when?. And I agree with the other posts, if Nick has unrequited feelings for Harry and Harry knows it, him spending so much time with Nick, going to work with him and staying at his place does sound very mean. Especially the Call or Delete thing. Why would Harry do that?
About the "complex relationship" thing, I always assumed it was referring to the ambiguity and the rumours about their relationship, the age difference and maybe even their closeness, despite being away for each other most of the time. It also reminds me of a lot of tweets and tumblr posts i've read from fans complaining about Nick and Harry being "obsessed with each other". I always find it interesting that they get that impression.
- Hi 204 - I'm 25 and from the SE of England - I'm a little bit obsessed with Radio 1 and happen to also be a fangirl when it comes to Harry Styles ;o) By some kinda coincidence, my love of the two has clashed when I realised Harry and Nick where friends. I then decided I would love it if there was some kinda hidden relationship there so I went digging. I found Tumblr, got freaked out by most of it and then found this. Its better. And why not, not doing anyone any harm.
- I saw someone say that Taylor and Harry first met on 31st March, but i suppose they could have met before.
I have seen a couple of pics of Harry which say they were taken in London today. One appears to be in a newsagents.
- r210, your joking, right? All of those men are gay (except maybe Harry). How lucky can you be if your dating life is fake?
Taylor Lautner drives around in Bryan Singer's ridiculous car. Jake Gyllenhall has been the subject of a number of threads here as has Harry Styles, and Joe Jonas was dating some hot French guy just last year.
- It would also be a bit strange if all of those tweets, and even the recent popjustice forum post were just a cunning plan to keep from Harry's true relationship with Taylor being found out.
- Gay gossip made on assumption, wouldn't be the first time. Not everyone in the industry knows what actually goes on behind closed doors.
- What about Taylor Swifts relationship with Conor Kennedy. That has only just finished and it did seem like a real relationship. Wasn't she meeting his family.
It just doesn't make sense that she is involved with Harry.
- Is there any chance the person is good enough friends with Nick/Harry that he'd be trying to "cover" for them?
Because I can't fathom how we'd not have any rumors about Harry/Taylor prior to the recent ones that said they dated a few months ago and then were broken up by Harry kissing that girl - who admitted it was for the tabloids. If he was secretly dating Taylor and that kiss picture was to cover up for it then she'd have no reason to end things. Not to mention these rumors are all media driven - I've not seen any tweets implying a relationship between the pair prior to these articles.
They're two of the biggest pop stars in the world and though them getting dinner with friends after the VMAs shows they can avoid paps a bit I doubt they could pull off a secret relationship (even an on again off again one) for a year! Not to mention they've only been in the same city a few times and even when they have been Harry spends most of it working or with other people. He spent time after the VMAs staying at his friend Cal's house - wouldn't he have spent that with Taylor? And wouldn't he have spent time with Taylor around the Teen awards instead of getting papped all over London with Nick for two days?
And if it has been on again off again just when Harry's in the same city then would you go as far as to say the pair is dating?
And look back to Grimmy's interview with Taylor - if he's really trying to get it off with Harry then why was there no tension? And he's quick to tease Harry about girls like Natalie so would he do so if he knew Harry was trying to be with Taylor? I doubt he'd respect their privacy.
And lastly, this is long I'm sorry, why would Nick and Harry be covering their tracks now (denying clothes sharing and such) if it seems like Taylor and Harry are ready to make their relationship public?
- I agree, I find this impossible to believe.
I could believe H never spilt from Flack, has been dating the Irish photographer girl or maybe some random girl but this makes absolutely no sense.
If it supposed to be such a big secret that they went to the trouble of creating Haroline and all the other stories, why would Beiber & others start talking about it months ago?
And if the above stories were not about cover but actually for publicity, why not just use the 'real' relationship?
When would they have seen each other & how have they avoided any photos or gossip leaking. Any talk of them has been deliberate?
It makes no sense that H would spend so much time with N when he could be with Swift? (he's only been over to LA twice on his own and only for a couple of days at a time?)
Why would N spend all his time trying it on with a straight friend in a serious relationship? Or spend time generally with him one on one?
Finally, it would mean that all the tweeters from the industry, people that N16 has spoken to, the candadian boy & anon posters on forums etc..have been deliberately lying, been lied to or mistaken?
Given that many of them claim connections as close if not closer to H&N than Link's contact, they are either lying themselves, or have been lied to by the producer, friend, PA, agent etc..of N or H that they heard the gossip from?
Why would these people do this?
And what about those that claim to have seen them 'snogging'
Lastly, why is H's mum so enamoured with a gay 28yo who's been trying it on with her teenage son who has a serious girlfriend. Surely she would know?
I think there could be many other scenarios than N&H but I just can't see this being one?
Links, did you mention that loads of people on the media industry seem to think N&H are together?!
- Harry and Taylor met for the first time at the KCAs at the end of March and have not been in the same country or state for most of the time in between. I follow Taylor on twitter, and for example she'd be in Nashville when Harry was in LA. As I like both parties, I'd been looking forward to "Haylor" happening (whether friendship, relationship or beardship) but their paths just didn't cross until fairly recently.
I suspect Taylor would like some kind of relationship with Harry though - after all she allegedly fancies him. I still think they're going to go heavy on this one, and this is just the beginning. That may include planting fictional meetings in the media like "Harry and Taylor went on a secret romantic holiday to Lake Tahoe in August!!" which the general public will lap up. Whatever happens/is happening is likely to be short-lived anyway, like all T's "relationships" have been.
FWIW my best friend has a friend, M, who works in showbiz and seems to know all the gossip in London; he's told my friend stuff I've read in blinds a few weeks later. I asked my friend to ask M about H/N as I imagined he'd know for sure. M said Harry was not gay (he's gay himself and definitely not homophobic) and seemed pretty sure of this. If I said what his job is it'll be much clearer why I take what he says seriously, but unfortunately I can't. But still... can he really know everything? Can anyone swear someone like Alexa Chung knows exactly what's going on in Harry's life, even though she's very close to Nick and chummy with Harry?
I suppose my point is that's we'll never know, and this applies to others who appear in the know. Earlier today I saw pictures from the new 1D store in midtown Manhattan. There were "Future Mrs Styles" T-shirts, bracelets etc available. This band is a multi-million dollar business; why would they risk possible ruin by letting Harry be thought of as gay and therefore unavailable to their core fanbase? Why would Harry himself risk being ostracised by his paymasters by doing or saying anything that suggests he's definitely gay? In a public setting I expect him to flirt with girls, with anyone observing him left with the impression that he's a "charmer" and "smooth operator". If he gets into Nick's car at the end of the night, he's crashing on a friend's sofa. And that'll be the end of it. Why would (& should) M and others be privy to whatever really goes on in Harry's bedroom?
- Great points, J and L Girl, and Taylor wasn't even IN LA when Harry went alone last time.
- New article in the Sun - Harry secretly dating Taylor:
- I agree, NW3. I do think it is possible that some people would know and some wouldn't, and it's difficult to know which ones are actually right.
I'm more likely to believe stuff when the source is a close friend or a PA like in those tweets we had, but there is no guarantee of course.
It would just be really strange that people like that Wonderland guy would be so certain about something that is not true.
The Taylor story is pretty much impossible to believe.
- NW3, when you say your friend says that H is not gay, was he saying he is straight and therefore not and has never been involved with N (as far as he is aware)
Or did he just comment that he wasn't Gay?
Personally, I can't just disregard what all these industry people have been saying (those who expressed certainty) without a plausible explanation as to why they would lie or have been lied to (as I don't think you can explain these away by saying they were mistaken given their contacts)
- Well that article sure tried to weave in all sorts of stuff to make it seem real.
So, the necklace is now a second one not the same one? Did Harry then make sure to take his matching one off before landing, haha?
- R225 - Indeed. The rumours started quite soon after H & N started hanging out, and as he was meant to be with Caroline at the time why would so many people concot something like that? I'm inclined to believe that despite it allegedly being an open secret not everyone knows, even people who appear in the thick of things.
L Girl - He said H is "definitely definitely" straight and that his friendship with Nick is platonic. But like you I can't disregard all the other stuff, although in a court of law I won't swear on oath that there's something happening beyond reasonable doubt, as my evidence will be no more than what we've been discussing since Part 1. But I think that on the balance of probability...
- Since we're bringing up connections I know someone who's worked with the band on 2 tours. I won't say what work they do, though.
- I felt like I was reading a fanfiction with that article!
Some people on tumblr figured out that Taylor wasn't actually wearing Harry's necklace as hers had the loop attaching to the plane on the opposite side. Weird that he would buy her one to match and then stop wearing his! (And as R227 pointed out - he only wore it for a few hours and then took it off?)
- 229- Would they no anything?
- J, I actually mentioned that fact here at some point...about the pendant having a hook on the wrong side. I guess they must have realized it too and changed the story, haha.
- NW3, yeah the balance of probability does favour there being something there between Harry and Nick that maybe not everyone is aware of, as you said.
In addition to that how can anyone other than Harry say he's "definitely, definitely" straight. That's impossible to say, especially about someone so young and apparently secretive.
- NW3 do u believe ur friend or do u think something mite have gone on with N and H?
- Yes, 231, but I don't know if I'm to be trusted here as I'm a lurker. I don't feel like saying something up only to have it picked apart as I've seen happen before.
- 235, but tell us what you know.
- R232 - I'm guessing they didn't want to force Harry to give up his own necklace so they figured they'd get one that looks the same and have Harry stop wearing his - so he probably didn't bring it with him to LA/NY. Then tumblr/twitter people pointed out the difference and they had to change the story and then started a rumor Harry was wearing his to match (even though he obviously wasn't). We'll have to see if he suddenly starts wearing it again now that he's back in London.
- I still think H and N have something going on. Just the fact that they spend soo much time together is enough for me. If Harry was dating Taylor or any other girl, I'm sure we would've caught wind of it somehow. All this Harry and Taylor mess is just ridiculous PR.
Harry is the go to guy for these things. He's perfect for this PR game.
- 235- I wish that u could tell us, can u just tell us if it confirms the rumors or not?
- J, yeah, that makes sense and it will be interesting to see if he does start wearing his again at some point.
- It doesn't, 239
- R241, it doesn't confirm the Nick rumours or the Taylor rumours or the Harry isn't straight rumours?
- R233 - Yes, that's what I meant. Women have married men in good faith, only to discover a few years later that they are gay. It's silly to be so sure about something when you have no access to the person's thoughts! (This is why I find the Larry conspiracy incredibly tiresome)
R234 - I still think something happened between N and H, and was disappointed my FoF didn't know more as he's usually our go-to person for any celeb we suspect is gay. Harry is 18 though, and if he's gay or bi he probably has no real history; that's the main source of these stories.
R227 - It IS ridiculous. If anything, for me the Taylor thing adds weight to what we suspect, which is why I wanted it to happen. No-one over the age of 18 takes T's relationships seriously, so this will be very interesting to follow.
1013 - Quite! So what shall we expect from this match made in PR heaven?
Declarations of love via Ed Sheeran?
A promise ring?
Rumours of a holiday home bought together?
A planned duet?
The possibilities are endless. I've never been this curious about a coalition since the last UK election :)
- This is like a riddle, L Girl
it doesn't confirm any of those rumours
- @NW3 I don't know what to expect actually. Just another few months of Taylor and Harry If PR is the focus. Other than that nothing really. I expect for Harry to run straight to nicks side after being away for a long time.
Just the usual I guess :)
- R244, does what you know suggest Harry could still be seeing Flack?!
- Hahahaha, NW3. I think the UK coalition may actually be more romantic than this one...that's how non-romantic this PR mess comes across.
The history aspect of the rumours makes sense. If there is no history, the assumption will be that he is straight, If for whatever reason he is not aware of anything going on between Harry and Nick, then he can't say anything else, especially with the amount of women Harry has been "linked" to.
- Sorry, anon, but I already don't believe you and you haven't said anything!
There's no reason to "hype" your audience if what you have actual evidence: we're discussing rumors so state your case and don't be upset if nobody believes you - it doesn't matter if nobody believes you if you think it's true!
You've gone for the traditional "I'm worried nobody will believe me" and the "people rip apart what other people say" so that if anyone does you'll have those statements to fall back on.
- Yes J, this is exactly what I knew would happen. You'd come up with some backward psychological way to declare what I'm saying is not believable. If I had said anything I knew, you would have figured out another way.
You need to realize a *lot* of people know the two parties involved here, and once in a while someone will say something. Some people with objective opinions and information will sometimes enter your bubble, and you chase it away because you don't even want to entertain the thought that your fantasy might not be reality.
Go back to reading your queeny "media" twitter gossip, then.
- R244, should I your silence regarding my last post as a confirmation that it does relate / confirm Harry is still seeing Flack?
- NO, L Girl, I've seen you ask a million people about her and they are NOT together! I don't think one person has ever said they might be! If you take anything away from our conversations please let it be that.
- But it was a real relationship back at the time, r251?
- R251, I'm well aware I'm obsessed with this idea but I just don't like the her or the idea of a thirty something woman being involved with a teenage boy!
So thanks for replying!
- Please, I've been dead for months now, can I just rest in peace?!?
- 1013 - It was a rhetorical question :) but if it does take off I hope it allows Harry spend time with Nick without press intrusion, as the world and his wife will be all over "Haylor".
R233: Exactly, especially with the highly publicised Caroline liaison. And Caroline herself will continue to toe the party line, as will Harry.
R251 - How would "the tour guy" know what goes on in Nick's Primrose Hill flat? Or Shoreditch house? Or the Groucho?
- 249- Does it have to do with what we are talking about or not. From the post it seems like u dont believe any of the tweeter rumours, I could be wrong but thats what I got from it? Also I just wanted to no what u knew I wish there was a way u could tell me without feeling like people r going to pick apart what u said.
- "Queeny media twitter gossip? Am I supposed to take you seriously now?
Keep in mind I have no idea what you're going to say! I purposely said I didn't believe you before you stated what you knew so I couldn't have "non-objective" thrown in my face". I would be perfectly willing to believe you! Just state what you know outright! I just don't get why you're fussing over it and not just saying what you know!
- Exactly, NW3. The tour is a completely separate matter from Nick in my view.
- My connection didn't work with them until this year.
- 260- can u just tell us what u no, nothing bad is going to to u? what can we do?
- NW3, he wouldn't know much about that.
Whoever asked, I don't believe the twitter gossip that doesn't match up with what I've been told. You can find a lot of gay rumours about anyone if you're interested enough. I have good reason not to trust these types who know less, and much less directly, than the "tour guy."
- 262- im guessing u dont believe the Harry/Nick rumours? or the gay rumours?
- One last thing on Flack (in my defense) many magaazine (including one my company publishes) have claimed that they continued their relationship so I didn't make the idea up!!
Anyway, R260, why would you dismiss all the 'media' twitter gossip?
Some of these people work for paper such as The Guardian and The Independent? Other's work for reputable magazine, some even work for the BBC and Sony!
Many others have claimed the info has been confirmed by colleagues of Nick and Harry's (they have often been specific to the point they have referenced their actual work)
Why are all these people knowingly tweeting the same, very controversial, lie?
Because that's surely what they would have to be doing as their positions in the media / N&H's professional circles are such that they can't just me 'mistaken'?!
They would, without doubt, have the resource to check the validity of the info before tweeting it so publicly?
- In light of the fact that Harry always gets compared to Mick Jagger, i found this tweet interesting/funny:
- Oh, that is interesting, R265. I saw it and had no idea what he meant, haha.
- L Girl you are overwhelming just to read, much less talk to. Please don't let my opinions sway you. I just don't give any of the sources I've seen mentioned more credence than my own.
- [R265] This twitter convo too :)
- On a different note. if we are talking about gay boy band members Jaymi from Union J just came out!
- R267, I'm just trying to undertand why so many seemingly normal professional people would lie?
I've always assumed that only mentally unbalanced /attention seeking people behave this way?
Just interested in an explanation yet no one that dismisses these tweets seems to be able to provide one?!
- I can see you (and others) coming to conclusions based on the amount of time they spend together, but not based on the tweets you've found. There are always a lot of people giving false information, on purpose or by accident.
- I guess coming out gives them PR and distracts from the other obviously gay one. Good that he could do it, though.
- [quote]distracts from the other obviously gay one.
- I find the amount of time they spend together suspicious thats mostly why I believe there is something going on between
- Yeah. Since he's the face I think they want to keep him looking straight. Aren't they pushing him with Ella?
- Ya!!! im pretty sure George is gay to!
- R271, I just need to hear a believable motive for that to be credible.
Logically, Harry's 'people' would have a far greater motive for dishonesty re this subject than any of these people.
- Well, but you can use that logic for any potential scandal. It happens with everyone. I haven't seen his people deny anything, anyway, other than Harry denying being with various women. But I'm basing my opinions on what I've been told and what my own impressions have been of Harry. That's just what I'm choosing and you can choose what makes more sense to you :) Believing you know anything at all as an outsider is probably fruitless, though.
- r278, please just type out what you know. It would put a lot of us out of our misery of speculation!
- Jaymi has a startattoo. Harry has a startattoo.
- Just that Harry and Zayn have had fun on tours, so it doesn't seem like Harry could have been in a monogamous relationship with anyone during that time.
- 281- thanks for telling us, I dont think anyone thought Harry was in a monogamous relationship during the tour?
- R278, I don't claim to 'know' anything?! If I did, I wouldn't be on here!
But the people who tweet claim DO claim to 'know' and like you, claim to be 'insiders'
I can't see any reason to doubt them or view them as any less credible than the person you know. If anything, they seen more credible as they are not anonymous.
Despite what you may think, I don't have a preference as to whether H is gay or who he is with (so long as it's not Flack)
I'm just interested in whether 1D & Harry specifically are being 'misold' to the public. I think it's dishonest to misrepresent people in this type of situation. Particularly, if it's for fanancial gain and involves capitalising on the fantasies of niave preteens.
- How would your connection gather this information? Believable and actually colludes (pardon the word, just had to) with the other posters here.
- That's kind of old news, r281 - there was that audio recording of Zayn making a booty call on behalf of himself and Harry, after all.
What about Niall?
- R281, thanks but was there anything else?
We all thought this anyway didn't we?!
(I wonder how Taylor feels about this of they have been dating for the last year?...)
- I was always under the assumption that the boys sleep with fans while on tour. I never thought of Harry and Nick's relationship (which I think is real) as an actual monogamous relationship. Even if it was a public straight relationship, i would still assume one or both parts involved sleep with other people just because of the amount of time they spend apart while touring.
- I think a lot of people are forgetting these boys are young. Sleeping around on tour isn't far fetched, so that's old news. They'll be on tour for awhile come 2013 and I expect them to do what teenage boys do.
Harry's mature demeanor gets people into thinking he's ready to settle down and ride off into the sunset with someone. I highly doubt it. If he and nick are a thing, they probably have no label on what they are. Which makes sense, they are both too busy to really commit.
As far as the Taylor swift situation, it's not even worth speculating. I think she's a beard. But even if she isn't and her and Harry are in a "relationship" how long will that last?
I reckon 1D will either take a break after this your or go there seperate ways. Harry is probably setting himself up for that. The boyband thing doesn't last forever, but I don't see 1D having much longevity after this tour.
- All of the Larry shippers on tumblr are using Jaymi from Union J's coming out that it means Larry is real? How does it have anything to do with 1D or Larry?
- L Girl, without a doubt they are being "misold" in many ways. I don't have to be an insider to know that, it's just common sense.
If Harry sleeps around on tour why would he need a beard? Isn't that enough of an alibi? And sorry I didn't know everyone knew he did. Niall doesn't have as much fun, whoever asked.
- Haven't been to tumblr, but I assume they are playing the "now SyCo knows to be honest from the beginning" card, r289. As in letting a gay member come out now is an admission of guilt for then. Actually, if the reaction to this is great then some possibilities probably open up for 1D.
I'm still v curious as to r281's knowledge of tour events. It would be nice to hear more details.
- Jaymi coming out was a great thing. He's not ashamed of who he is, and no one can try to recreate him in their image. I really respect what he did. I just wish everyone were that comfortable in their skin.
- 291- yes they where playing that card
I am also very happy for Jaymi it was a brave thing to do!
- Niall doesn't seem the type to do much sleeping around. The boy truly does seem lazy, he doesn't look like he could muster up the effort.
- About Niall, anyone seen that gif going around tumblr of him literally dry humping Zayn? Pretty funny. Kind of hot too, not gonna lie.
- R290, if you're referring to Swift when you mention beard I think most believe she is PR, but not specifically to cover a gay relationship?
But, on the subject of why H may need a beard, whilst we assume H sleeps around on tour and the uk press have successfully convinced must of the uk public that he is a womaniser, many of us still believe H&N are involved in some way, half the media industry are referring to N&H as an 'open secret' and recently, some of the uk press have jumped on the bandwagon with alot of innuendo and hints.
- Hi 291, not much that I know is juicy. Just a lot of "boys will be boys" things (about all of them) that I'm sure you've read elsewhere, and little bits about what each of them is like. Supposedly all of them had groupie action in the beginning and that changed by the time my connection started working with them, when of course Louis and Liam had serious girlfriends.
- I'm now wondering if r281 is implying that Zayn and Harry had fun together.
- As much as I'd love that, I'm not implying it. I think they shared rooms a lot, though. My connection wouldn't know what happened when their door closed!
- @r298 I would be up for that pairing.
- I still wish this anon would provide some detail that we haven't already heard or some proof of actual connection because as of yet it sounds like any "1d Truth blog" that you have on tumblr. We've all heard the Harry sleeps around shtick but none of the rumors have ever seem credible to me in the way that some of the Zayn ones do. (I'm also convinced that their management team has them on a pretty tight leash about allowing girls into their hotel - judging by the video of Zayn through the peephole). And I don't see why Niall wouldn't join in on this if it was happening - yes he seems a bit lazy but 1D picking up groupies seems as easy as ordering a pizza on the phone.
For one - why bother to troll around a thread about Harry/Nick if you're 100% convinced that his sleeping with girls on tour makes him straight? I see you willing to share your info if you spotted the thread but why not just post and go? Why take the time?
I used to be on board the "Bisexual Harry" train but recent "evidence" has lead me to believe that maybe he does identify as gay (at least since the Caroline drama)
- J, you just put an awful lot of words in my mouth. You can think Harry's gay all you want and I won't stop you but regardless of that, he and Zayn picked up groupies together on tour. Be reasonable. Even the other posters seem willing to believe that. Clearly the idea of this upsets you.
That's all I've told you because that's what I've been told. I don't see how the fact that I haven't said something you haven't already heard means anything about my credentials. I was merely backing up the so-called "rumours" that it seemed like people here were poopooing.
- I didn't mean to put words in your mouth and I apologize if it sounded like I did - I would just like to know why you are bothering with the thread?
The "rumors" that you're backing up are ones that have been going around among a few 1D circles (and many of those people with "inside information" were proven to be fake and many of them started rumors for friends) - I've not heard them from any credible non-anonymous source and that is why I'm skeptical. I'll take your information with the same skepticism because I have no evidence that you're not just a 1D fan off of twitter. If you had some more evidence of how you know this person or what they do then I'd be less skeptical.
There are one or two regular posters on here who have shared information that makes me more inclined to believe them though I still don't 100%. And I am more inclined to believe people who openly tweet their info on public twitter accounts and have verifiable jobs and connections within the media.
- J, do you not believe that audio that was leaked where Zayn and Harry were getting groupies to their hotel?
- I go back and forth about that audio. There seems to be enough reasons for people to believe it and enough reasons for people to believe it's fake.
Niall's comment(I don't remember what it was) made me inclined to believe it was real - or at least that the boys weren't supposed to deny it. Though I'm not sure why they wouldn't deny it (even if it was real they had enough of a case to say it was false) as it doesn't come across as good press to me.
But then there's things like - how did the person who posted it get a hold of it? They said they did to expose Zayn and Harry for taking advantage of fans but the girls in the tape seemed like they knew what they were getting into and if they posted it(they did record the audio after all for some reason) then they got no recognition (fame) for doing so and most likely didn't make it up to the hotel (blocked by security? Seems likely) or they'd most likely have more "evidence" since they went so far as to record the audio tape.
And if the tape is real then Zayn could just be using Harry's name to pick up girls (I know I would! The boys all say he's a great wingman and who is a better wingman than a gay man?) A lot of the fan started rumors I heard involved one girl hooking up with Zayn while the other chatted with Harry.
But I definitely acknowledge that I've gotten rather invested in this Harry/Nick plotline and would be disappointed in the boys for taking advantage of their young fans (they can sleep around all they want but for some reason I'm put off by groupie rumors) and could just be willing the tape away.
- I think the girls may have a) been disappointed that the guys never talked to them again, and b) wanted the attention, even anonymously. I do agree that there's a power imbalance between them and fans but I'm not sure how much even they understand that at this point.
I'd also be extremely surprised if Zayn needed any help getting a girl, from everything I've heard. That and his face.
- That would definitely make a lot of sense! But why stop with the audio? You'd think they'd go further once it was clear that only a few people were getting upset about it.
The power imbalance is definitely what squicks me about it - and while they may not realize it, surely the people they work with would explain it to them (I'm thinking Lou would at least say something to Harry) but everyone I've heard only has nice things to say about Harry and they usually deny his reputation as a womanizer though I suppose for them it might be easy to write off the power imbalance.
Maybe Zayn wanted more than one? Ha ha, I don't think he'd need help - but young girls usually have at least one friend with them and (as crass as this sounds) you'd need to pawn them off on someone. Wingman aren't always to get a girl - a lot of the time they're to distract the friend.
- Yeah, what kind of joke? You think Zayn Malik can't get a groupie on his own? Every single one of them could get one, a fit one, with a snap of their fingers.
I think the issue was taking advantage of underage girls, and putting two and two together it didn't seem like they could have actually been underage. They must have been bitter, and I don't blame them.
- It's a while since I heard it and it's not a clear memory, but isn't there something a little dodgy about the audio quality in that "Zayn's" comments are very clear whereas the girls, who one presumes are recording, are quite fuzzy?
- I don't think sleeping with a few groupies on tour makes you a womanizer. Like I said there's a power imbalance but the girls are also consenting and know on some level that it's just for a night. It's rare for someone even less sought after and older to turn down that kind of thing on tour. Who's to say Lou disagrees with it or considers it her business to lecture Harry about it if she doesn't?
- R308 As I explained I said that if he was in fact a wingman (which is entirely speculation) it would be to distract the friend rather than to help Zayn get laid. Young girls are not likely to go to a hotel by themselves in the middle of the night.
R309 Yeah, Zayn's voice was much louder but that could just be because of how the audio is being recorded - though if the phone itself was doing the recording he might be louder but you'd expect some sort of feedback from his voice being played out the speaker. The question of why they'd be recording while in a car for an unanticipated phone call remains
R310 You're right. It's a case of me expecting my morals to be held by other people which isn't fair. Though if these girls were underage then I don't consider them consenting because they're not old enough for it to be informed consent. And judging by the fact that they were maybe upset enough at the outcome to post the audio they did not realize what they were getting in for.
- Oh I would say they were at least 17 and Harry and Zayn were barely legal themselves. Let's remember how old Harry was when he started talking to Nick and Caroline and not apply double standards there.
- No double standard here! I equally side-eye Caroline and Nick for possibly taking advantage of 17 year old Harry!
However, most of my squick over the groupie thing is the boys taking advantage power imbalance of them being fans (with the underage bit piled on top). I would be less likely to be a judgemental judy if they were sleeping with underage girls who weren't fans.
- Re Jaymi from Union J coming out... well, he was never "in" and just confirmed what everyone knew. His boyfriend of 3 years has been at the X Factor studio every night, and before X Factor his status on facebook was "gay, in a relationship with ~". He also had an old myspace page where he stated he was gay. He would have looked like an idiot if he'd carried on the charade of pretending to be straight.
In other news, there's an artice in the Mirror which shows Niall holding hands with Amy Green. And it looks like the Liam/Leona thing hasn't died a death (see below)
It'll be interesting to see how the fanbase reacts to ALL five boys potentially taken and unavailable. Harry/Taylor and Niall/Amy happening at the same time may be too much for some, and could see people switching their allegiances to Union J and Emblem 3. Perhaps that's the plan?!
- Why would they be purposely sabotoged by their people when their star is still rising? They're guaranteed to bring in money and those other bands are not. I think relationships just get interest from people who might otherwise pay no attention. That article about Liam and Leona is just silly, though.
- Ps: The Harry/Taylor story and the Liam/Leona one are the front page leaders on the Sun and Star respectively. And 1D/Harry are on the cover of today's People newspaper. The Niall story is in the Sunday Mirror, but I suppose Amy Green is not famous enough for their front page.
People magazine are reporting H/T (link below). Stuff we've seen already, but there's something at the end I hadn't read before.
All I could think reading the article was: Way to start a relationship "out of the spotlight" Harry!
- Still the same three sources/quotes and no photographs; surely they could have planned this better.
- R315 - My comment and the end was a joke; of course it's all done for publicity, publicity and more publicity! The Liam one is silly - I won't be surprised to see a reunion with Danielle in time for next year's tour.
- Check out Stan's twitter
- Did Harry and Nick actually tweet good morning within 2 minutes of each other this morning?! Brilliant. Thats my tin hatting done for the morning.
- Haha, yes, R320:). It was four minutes though, let's be fair.
- Hehe - I particularly enjoyed Grimshaw's Mick Jagger comments last night. Obviously no relation really, but given the look-i-likey connection to Harry, it made me chuckle.
- 321 - oops, my apologies. 4 minutes apart. Ahaha, seems a little coincidental. But of course it absolutely could be!
- I was just being silly, R323:). Of course it could be a coincidence, but it's fun to joke about, especially after all the drama last night!
- A tweet about the injunction! Although she appears to currently be in Oslo she is based in Dublin and Niall's brother is one of her followers. The tweet is pretty thorough.
- That's interesting, R325. I have no idea if she would really know anything, but it could be.
- Hahahaha, right before Harry's turn on The Hits Radio, guess what song they're playing?
"We are never ever ever..."
- It's good that Links, NW3 and the anon shared their info last night as i'd rather hear ALL the gossip out there, however conflicting it is.
Their sources don't seem anymore reliable or connected than the bulk of what we have already seen though.
I reckon I've seen close to 150 pieces of insider gossip on this topic now (tweets, forum posts etc) Half of this comes from people who are in the 'industry' or claim personal connections with H&N's professional/personal circles.
About 95% of it suggests H is at least Bi & involved with N in someway (the other 5%, such as Link's contact, implies the opposite)
So, given that there is no way to know who's right (they ALL seem well placed to know what's going on) It seems logical to go with what the majority are saying.
Particularly, as N&H's behaviour seems to support this.
Unless someone comes along with a verifiable source that outweighs ALL the others & an explanation for why the other sources would all lie, i'm assuming what I always have...
...Harry is Bi & involved casually with N (or.. still seeing Flack)
Certainly not buying the Taylor farce.
- L Girl - Why do you still have Flack as a possibility despite there being absolutely no evidence supporting this? I find it really baffling, as it's pretty clear to me that in dating terms (whether real or fake dating) Harry has progressed beyond that chapter. I'd understand you thinking he may be secretly dating someone like Cara Delevigne or even Caggie Dunlop, but I'm really struggling to see this Flack thing you see. And I think I speak on behalf of almost everyone who posts on here!
Even the most obsessed "Haroline" shippers on tumblr and the laziest journalists out there now accept that the H/C ship sailed a long time ago...
Apologies if this comes across as rude - certainly isn't my intention. I'm genuinely curious!
- To be honest, even without the tweets from people supposedly in the know, I'd still suspect there's something between H and N. The amount of time they spend together, the sleep overs, Harry driving him to work and picking him up after, Nick looking like he's swooning over Harry and Harry grinning like an idiot every time he's with Nick (the iTunes interview, for example). And apart from that, I usually pay attention to the little details. Like Nick's story about how much time it took him to cook his famous pie for "his friend" (later we all found out it was Harry) and saying that his "friend" had told him "do you want me to just take you out to dinner?". The fact that it wasn't a "hey, let's go out to grab something to eat" but a "take you out" seemed very unusual and sweet.
The times they've been on the radio together, all I hear is flirting. On one of Nick's last night shows you could hear Harry being there (he was also seen on their web cam for a bit) and I don't know what he was doing, but he had Nick trying to suppress giggles and whispering "stop" in a tone you could find in a 12 year old play-fighting with their crush. In the LadsFM thing they did, there's a part where Harry talks about how much 1D "looooove Radio 1" how they "love 'em so much" in a voice that is pure tease and then Nick telling him to shut up in a very particular tone, again. You have to hear it, just screams double meaning to me.
Well, and there's also the little twitter coincidences like the one this morning. When you think about it, there have been a lot of those.
On another note, was Harry spotted anywhere this weekend at all?
- I agree, R330. There's a lot there that gives me the impression that there's something going on.
He said he went guitar shopping and was seen at a couple of stores or something. I saw photos but I'm not sure exactly what or where they were.
- NW3, ha ha, you're not being rude and I completely undertand why most people on here seemed baffled that I won't discount her. I get why it may seem irrational!!
But in answer to your question, there are a few reasons I suppose:
1) If we are to believe the press at the time, they seemed VERY serious only days before they split making the 'split' seem questionable in the first place.
2) There are obvious reasons why they would fake a split (bad PR for the US tour, the hate towards her and privacy for the both of them)
3) Plenty of press rumours following the split that it was 'fake' (H was seen driving to hers but drove on when he spotted paps etc..)
4) Press rumours that they were still together throughout his touring (Now mag reported that Flack was overheard telling a barman in May, that "they were still on", an Aussie mag said their source 100% confirmed that also)
5) H wearing an identical pendent to Flacks (if not the same one) for 6 months following the 'split'
6) Flacking moving east (to where H owns a flat) the week he came back in July. Enabling them to hook up seeing that the press no longer know her address?
7) Small things like her tweeting him saying " your still logged into my iPad"
favouriting his tweets, her evasiveness on the subject etc..
I'm not saying that H being with Flack is the most likely scenario but unless it is ever proven that their relationship was all PR (as rumoured) I won't discount it being a possibility.
I still believe N&H being involved presently (or at some point) being more likely though.
What's your view on H&N following Link's info, and your own from "M" ??
- Someone asked if the person I know would want to cover up for Harry - no. I perhaps shouldn't have billed them as connected to him; they're more connected to Nick. The friend of mine and the band and their general social circle are a big part of the Dalston scene (if you think you have figured this out - although I'd like to think I'm being vague and there are a lot of bands on the Dalston scene - PLEASE do not post your speculations). They know a lot of people through people etc.
Why is this so much less credible than a guy who, yes, works for Wonderland, but as far as we know is no more friends with Nick than the guy I know? It might not be directly, but he is very close to someone who is friends with Nick.
I'm not saying what he said is worthless - far from it - but I think it's foolish to discount opposing gossip just because it conflicts with either H/N or (more bizarrely) H/C. I'm not really looking at this from a Harry/Taylor point of view, more from a 'is-Harry-gay?' POV. Stan has also asserted Harry's sexuality for him already today. I'm assuming the gender neutral fans are fuming; but it IS interesting to me that Harry avoids confirming gay/bi/straight, when everyone around him seems happy to call him straight. I've always wondered whether his gender neutrality and, to coin the phrase, "cupcakeishness", is a bit of a PR move. It certainly appeals.
I'm more than happy to say that I think the time frame for Taylor sounds skewed and exaggerated from my friend's part, by the way; but bear in mind we were very, very drunk and he was rambling a little when my other friend asked!
Quite frankly, at the moment, despite some compelling gossip on Twitter - and that is including some tweets which I am inclined to think are in-jokes and shouldn't be taken as seriously - I still wouldn't call this anything near certain. People seem to think Harry slept over?! Where is the evidence for that?!
Other than the photo from CiN, we haven't seen evidence of them being together for some time. And though people keep saying "think of how long it took for some of their outings to be realised!" this is becoming a bit like the Larry Photoban. If you're willing to believe that no evidence of two people being together is proof of them being together, then you're in a win/win situation.
- L Girl - did you realise that Nick and Caroline were housemates for a while in Shoreditch.
- Saw a pic of Harry in a pub in Fulham yesterday afternoon, and tweets to confirm about him being in the pub. He was also spotted hailing a cab on Fulham road according to another tweet. Also a pic of him with a couple of people in what looked like a newsagents.
Also t4 with Nick at the moment mentioning one direction and showing tattoos , first one which of course is the birds on Harry's chest.
- Holy twitter feed. Breaking: Louis Tomlinson's best friend looses shit on gaggle of 14 year old girls, displays chavy roots.
- Links, I don't think your friend is any less credible than the likes of the wonderland guy but I can't see any reason to believe he is MORE credible either?
If you have 10 credible sources saying one thing and one credible source saying the opposite and you have no means to establish which of those is telling the truth, logic dictates you go with the majority, surely?
You seem quite convinced by your source though?!
R334, a tweeter (who seems convinced that H&N are together and Flack was cover) made a reference to them being roommates so I wondered?! The tweeter wasn't you was it ? Lol!!
- Ah, but Louis wins with a less subtle approach!
- Nick is doing a personal appearance, probs DJing at a club called Wonderland in Maidestone I think it was, is there any connection to the Wonderland mag?
- Links I bet we have actually met before in real life ha, seems like we move in the same circle. Pretty sure I can guess what band you are talking about but I'll not speculate here.
I am inclined to believe your friend is telling the truth about what he *thinks* the situation to be, but like you and many others I can't get my head around them secretly dating for a year! For one thing if they actually were then time and space dictates they must be almost celibate which we can all agree is highly unusual for a teenage couple ;)
One other tiny thing relating to the groupie chat and someone thinking Lou might tell Harry off for it... um her boyfriend is/was the lead singer of indie band The Paddingtons, so she's kind of a groupie herself!! I think Harry's older friends accept him as a peer rather than having a protector/older sibling relationship with him anyway.
- Links, I don't think anyone is actually assuming Harry stayed over, it's just an interpretation as a result of Harry apparently being the only one who didn't leave after their performance.
It is true that we have found out about meetings they've had a while after they've happened...just look at the photos from April we just saw yesterday or the day before. This doesn't mean that anytime they're not seen together it means that they're just doing so secretly. It is however possible that they are.
As for discounting opposing views. I agree, we should not do that. It is simply a matter of how many people claiming to have inside knowledge that are saying there is something between Harry and Nick compared to how few are saying the opposite. The few might still be correct, but right now, since we can't give them a qualitative rating we'll just have to go with quantity.
The Wonderland guy, as well as the DJ are apparently also part of the Dalston scene, as N16 explained, and claim the exact opposite to your source. Again they could be wrong, but at least we have them "on record" saying that.
R335, please tell us what he says when you can:).
- L Girl - No sadly I'm not blessed with any direct gossip, nor am I on twitter.
- Harry just posted this... Wonder if one of them is Aimee's dog?
- N16, like Links, you have had contact with people associated with N (but who are stating the opposite)
Given that, what's your take on all this now?
Does it make you doubt your sources now or all those tweeting?
- This tweeter is always at Xfactor and Big Brother events, parties and concerts.
He knew all the gay people who weren't out the other year on XFactor. Joe's year.
- N16 I was wondering because they are Dashaunds
- That's intriguing, thanks R345.
- R342, just wondering, how do you know about Flack & Grimmy being flatmates?
- I think Aimee's dog has more white on him than those.
- R347 I forgot to say he knows people who work on these shows and for BBC
- How much do you recon Louis best friend knows about Harry liking women as he stated this morning? I bet the 1D public relations team are having a heart attack, the fans are so upset with Louis lol.
- Thanks, R350.
- The tweeter I mentioned above obviously thinks one or more of them are gay. Wish he would hint at which one, hes not usually wrong in the long run.
- L Girl - it's not that my friend has convinced me particularly, although I take their opinion into account; but the tweets about N/H are stacked up against a lot of conflicting information.
For example, the Caroline Flack and Lucy Horobin rumours. The rumours that Harry slept with dancers back on X Factor. The rumours that he has slept with groupies whilst on tour. The audio of Zayn (which people have been very quick to dismiss, calling Harry a Gay Wingman?!). The fact that he may well have actually said "there is a girl I like" to Cosmo, who may have not misprinted his words to include a gender specific. Harry himself constantly stating "I'm young and having fun - just not as much fun as some people think". No, it's not gender specific, but it conflicts with an exclusive relationship with anyone.
The reason this isn't called gossip is because it's right in front of us being printed, and is therefore considered to be PR, but it's still a part of the story and it's still coming from somewhere; in the same way that gay gossip tweets come from somewhere.
I still think there's something going on between the two of them, don't get me wrong, but I'm not going to be stupid and say everything printed about Harry and women ever is a lie?
N16 - that's probably a better way of putting it, that he's seeing the situation in a certain way and perhaps hasn't been corrected. I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that he read the Taylor Swift thing into it, or got the time frame wrong, because it doesn't make sense. He seemed pretty sure of what was going on between H/N, but it is possible he read the situation wrong because he couldn't believe Harry would be interested or something like that. I really don't know.
Ha, you probably do know which band, it's not a huge leap of the imagination!
- L Girl - Mainly because I listened to Nick's evening show for quite a while. Having just had a look on google the attached mentions it about two thirds down.
- How many screaming, kicking, utter meltdowns do you have to have on the topic of not being gay before your public takes notice that you are either actually gay, a homophobe, or both? Move along, nothing to see here... whilst Harry carries on being a lovely cherub who seems happy to stay off of the twitter airwaves.
- This thread has entertained me today thanks for that. I also think I have just regained all my love for Louis. Good for him standing up like that. Lots of respect for someone who puts their friends and family before all the shite of fame.
- I wouldn't be surprised if we found out the boys in 1D have messed around with each other in the past. A couple of pages ago someone mentioned they thought Zayn had or has a crush on Liam. I think so too. And, apparently a lot of fans do too (let's not forget that according to an interview Zayn and Liam have kissed before) I think there are some very weird tensions inside the band, and it's not the usual cute-fake-gay stuff. And I've known enough "liberal" guys to know that they can fool around with other guys and still consider themselves straight, as long they're not in a relationship or get feelings involved.
- R356 It's never been about people thinking he's gay; it's about the mass hatred of his girlfriend. It makes me laugh, when all these girls squeal, "please respect my opinion, I'm getting bullied on Tumblr because I ship Larry :((((". What the fuck do you know about respect or bullying, when you actively abuse someone through social media yourself?!
I completely respect and understand Louis when he cracks at these people, because they don't seem to understand the concept of people being real and having feelings.
Harry can ignore it, because none of Harry's friends and family get vitriol spewed at them, because none of them ever mention Eleanor. Actually, Gemma got some nasty mentions when she DID tweet Eleanor, getting messages like "not you too Gemma ...". Gemma replied that she thought Eleanor was a nice girl and had no reason to dislike her.
But apparently Harry's not the one directly ruining Larry (despite not being an active part in the relationship either, from the looks of things), so he doesn't get the same abuse Louis and co. do.
Wonder what pub/restaurant Harry was at? As someone else said, think the dogs are a bit too dark with not enough white, for one to be Thurston.
When did Nick and Caroline stop living together, does anyone know?
- Links, I have generally believed all the girl press you mention (not every piece the press has ever printed) but certainly the specific stories you highlight. The tweets from Ed sheerans mate re Horobin convinced me of that one for instance. I believe the Irish photographer, the Natalie I and certainly the xfactor & 'tour shags'
However, the majority of the tweets don't conflict with this do they?
I've seen a couple stating H is totally gay (and momentarily question the above press when I see them) but on the whole, they are all just saying N&H are shagging/together/ in a relationship.
All of which could be true even if H has/is still sleeping with women?
I wouldn't TOTALLY rule out that the press is all PR (people with connections ARE saying he IS gay) but it's unlikely in my mind.
H is so young, all his woman could be put down to 'working out' what he wants/likes and that may turn out to be men OR he is experimenting with Men due to curiosity OR he is genuinely just Bi?!
The info I find more unbelievable from your mate is that N regularly tries it on with H?! Why would you do this more than once with your straight, teenage, attached friend?
Moreover, why would H stick around for it?!
- Louis can't win either way. No matter what he does!
Hmmm, I think its good to discuss the opposite side of Harry being with Nick/gay - as for all we know, thats actually the truth! I personally think there is something with N&H, but if it is just friendship, then what a lovely one.
To be fair, I look at H&N from a personal point of view sometimes. I'm engaged but my best friend is a boy. Anyone who didn't know us and saw me with best friend would probably assume I was with him as we are close, have many a inside joke and spend a lot of time together. But he's literally like my brother. The thought of kissing him makes me cringe. haha. but its obvious we are not together when we are with our respective other halves. When two people are single a la Harry and Nick, its much easier for us to think there 'must' be something, but it could be a similar situ I suppose.
But then all the tweets ... I duno! I do love a good speculate!
- L Girl I don't doubt the honesty of the people I spoke to, but like Links, we were all drunk, and at the end of the day all anyone can do is speculate unless they are told straight from the horse's mouth.
I think given the majority of the gossip relating to them and the jobs/contacts the people who are spreading it have means something happened with N and H. No idea if ongoing but I would hope so.
I do believe he fooled around with Flack too in the past, not for publicities sake, although it was certainly used to both parties advantage. I don't think it is ongoing and that is partly due to my slight link with Sam T.
I think he is young, impressionable, charming, rich and famous. And having a good time :) He certainly isn't the first boybander to swing both ways.
One thing I can't believe is Taylor Swift, they just seem incompatible to me but stranger things have happened! Just stinks of PR though.
H and Niall just tweeted a very cute video of H, Liam and Louis fooling around in a rehearsal. These boys are very sweet :) Also I like the fact that Louis stands up to bullies, his gf and family get so much shit it's unreal.
- N16, thanks. Keep us updated if your hear anything else!
- L Girl - Sorry, I agree with what you've said there, I thought there was something about him being totally gay floating about. But no, it doesn't conflict, but it conflicts for anyone who thinks he's been in a long-standing relationship with Nick.
Re: why would Harry stick around/why would Nick keep trying it on.
I don't think he meant aggressively trying to force himself on Harry, more subtle flirting, making sure they're very close, etc. Taking him nice places, introducing him to the right people. Which leaves two options for why Harry sticks around (if this scenario is correct): it's subtle and he's not aware of what Nick's doing; OR, he likes the attention, it's flattering that someone like Nick would fancy him; OR, the cool-factor he gets from association and the people he's now friends with more than make up for any discomfort he feels. Also, the fact that Nick is still his friend first and foremost? Just because he might be flirting with him, doesn't mean Harry can't still hang out with him or want to be his friend.
All that is pure speculation, mind, and no one has to take what my friend has told me as factual. I'm not sure it is, after all.
- Links, thanks.
(& If ever you get to speak to your friend's PR friend who seems convinced H&N & Flack being PR, see what he makes of your other friends news!)
- Links - after someone earlier mentioned Nick's last show I watched the webcam version again and whatever is between them does seem two-sided. Harry is twice shown the camera by an off screen producer at the beginning but still continues to crowd Nick rather (who is somewhat limited in his movements), you can see their heads are especially close during the "best Guest" bit (which turns out to be Harry) when the camera angle is facing the others, and it's not as if they are on their own, the studio is full of friends so this is obviously normal for them.
I've attached the link, it's quite lengthy but really it's the first 4 minutes or so when they are doing Harry's interview which are relevant. (He is involved in the rest of the clip too).
- Links at r359, don't you think that it is odd that Louis and his friend instigate these rampages? Louis seems to seek out this sort of public confrontation. What do you think Larry Stylinson is about - Louis not being gay? The tweets are equal parts about being thought of as gay and the delegitimization of his relationship. The fascinating thing is that this has happened several times and it's alarming that, given the power dynamic previously discussed, Louis would spew such vitriol to 14 year old girls with no sense of boundary. I think he has a massive mental imbalance even more than I think he is gay. The Times interviewer seems to have given the more honest look on Louis.
Sorry to derail the progression of this thread. I think it would be in bad form to let our opinion of Louis be unaffected by his actions. Why excuse an adult of 20 something years for immature behavior?
- Louis should have taken Ed Sheeran's advice on how you bite back at haters, by saying: "I think you need a hug" instead of Louis' subtle: "Fuck you".
Just saying :)
- Oh, I totally agree, R366. I do think Harry is close to him. But being tactile with someone isn't necessarily an indicator that you like someone romantically/sexually? Harry likes to be touched and to touch people; you can see this in his interactions with everyone. I thought this was illustrated very well when Pablo/Marco was brought onto the ustream with Scott Mills, and kept his hand on Harry's leg.
I'm not saying everyone makes a conscious effort to touch Harry; but that sub-consciously, people feel comfortable being tactile with him because he's very responsive and comfortable with it.
But I agree, he's not dragging Nick along, nor is Nick acting on something he's getting no signals for.
I'm talking with the scenario of Nick being interested/Harry apparently not, here, but this isn't necessarily the scenario I see being true.
(Although "best guest" turned out to be Example/Elliot, I think?)
For a long time I've thought something is going on between the two of them; what I've been told doesn't necessarily change that view (and I know a few other RL friends who agree with me on that view), but it's an interesting angle to look at.
- R367 I'm sorry, but he has NEVER said that being called gay bothers him; he's said that he finds it confusing, because he's in a legitimate relationship, but what makes him angry is the vitriol spewed by 14 year old girls with no sense of boundaries (to use your own words ...) at his mother, sisters, best friend and girlfriend.
Furthermore, this isn't just a few people chatting about how he MIGHT be gay; this is a legion of people telling him he's a coward, a liar, a bully etc. just because he's not being "open" about his sexuality. Which must be frustrating, when in his view he is being very open and honest, therefore not a liar, coward or bully. Just trying to stand up for himself and his loved ones.
I agree that The Times interviewer was right; but wouldn't you start being a bit of an anxious wreck as well, if your every word started being twisted against you?
- Links - I think it's Harry. Nick says "no, it's actually him" and dips his head at Harry (you have to literally watch the back of their heads) and Pixie and Gilliam are looking directly at Harry when they are saying "Jelz".
- R371 "jelz" or rather "gelz" Is what grimmy and co call Gillian from what I can see. I'm pretty sure they aren't using the essex lingo for jealous...
- I agree, Links. That's exactly the problem. He has never defended himself against the gay rumors, he does it when he's fed up with the abuse his family and loved ones go through because of these girls trying to force him out of a closet he might not even be in.
I'm honestly so sick of "larry" shippers and their lack of respect. They're absolutely obsessed and it has nothing to do with wanting the people involved to be happy with themselves, it's all about them wanting to see their own sexual fantasies come true. It's incredibly disturbing that they'd take their own desires this far.
- Well Nick certainly does, but you may well be right.
- Nick says, 'Gelz is A-List'. I forgot that, you're right; it ends up being Gillian after the jokes about Example.
- Another relevant twitter conversation for anyone interested @LewisCorner (sorry, can't link)
- He's a music journalist for Digital Spy
- Thanks for pointing it out, L Girl, here is the link:
- Links = Oh, you're right; I missed the Gelz is A list at the end.
- R478, thanks for linking. It doesn't seem to include the more relevant part of the conversation though?
- L Girl, what does that part say? I'm not sure I know what you mean.
- I know of Seamus too - he has written for Wonderland
- I don't understand, that's all I can see of the conversation wherever I view it?
- The person i mentioned was the guy that responded to the Seamus guy? @LewisCorner.
Seamus posed the question "doesn't that make Harry gay" (paraphrasing) LewisCorner responded "I've been saying this for yonks" (actual words) and then they continue...
Following on from what N16 posted, it shows that not everyone is in the loop about H&N (assuming it's true) even when they work for the same magazine?! (Wonderland)
- Those tweets are there in the link, L Girl.
I agree about it seeming that not everyone is in the loop.
- R385, really? I can only see the initial tweet by Seamus? (perhaps it's my phone)
The conversation wasn't exactly earth shattering but relevant given the guy is a music journo. Just adds to the picture (or one of the pictures anyway)
- So if Stan is speaking the truth, that means Harry is straight? Stan tweeted that both Louis and Harry are straight.
So if he is speaking the truth, I guess we can say that Harry is not in a relationship with Nick, or sleeping with Nick. Or are there people here who believe that Stan doesn't know what he is talking about? I think he does, he is so close to Louis. If he is not lying on purpose about Louis, then I can't understand why he would be lying about Harry while nobody asked him directly about Harry's sexuality.
- R387 Yep, I agree he would know and if Harry WAS gay/bi he probably just wouldn't have mentioned him, as opposed to lying.
So unless it's a huge secret (which it can't be, since Tweets indicate it's open in the industry), this is a pretty major opposing view.
- Hm, I debate about Stan - I don't necessarily think he is lying, but I do wonder if he is covering for Harry possibly. I don't think Louis is gay therefore I think Stan is being honest. Ifff he does know Harry is gay/bi, he will also know its contracted that Harry can't come out and the importance of Harry being seen as liking women.
But I may be totally wrong. As Louis best friend, you would think he would know either way to be fair.
- Well he said Harry was "a fan of women." That could mean he likes women, but he didn't say he doesn't like men too. I very much doubt he'd say Harry was gay/bi and ignoring everything about him could be a confirmation of sorts.
Anyway, after saying he wins because his friend buys him cars, I think it's a bit difficult to take him seriously.
- Also didn't Liam's friend say he wasn't gay like Harry at some point... I only heard of this didn't see it. So which best friend do we believe?
- Links, all he said was Harry's a fan of women?
Unless i've missed a tweet?
The one direction boys have said this a million times. What's new about Stan saying it?
- To be honest though Stan saying
" and I think it's more than obvious that Harry is a fan of women?" isn't quite the same as saying Harry isn't gay/bi; not to mention he would hardly out him if it is possible to do so.
Perez Hilton has plainly had second thoughts, apparently Harry just can't commit to Taylor...
- That was quick, R393, haha. This "relationship" is really taking the express route.
- I think he was joking/being sarcy about the best friend/car thing but I dunk, as Louis best friend, I do think he needs to rein it in a bit. I get that he's defending his friend and friends girlfriend but still. enough.
- 391, which of Liam's friend?
- r391, yes Andy Samuels said that. It was dismissed as taking the Mickey...not so fast.
No r393, I think that when the subject is homosexual relationships and someone says "I think it's more than obvious that so-and-so is a fan of women" they are saying exactly that so-and-so isn't gay/bi. L Girl, it's the context in which he said it. As far as I know this is the first time Harry's sexuality has been brought up by someone in the know in the context of dismissing gay rumors. Stan is not very tactful as evidenced by his other tweets.
- In the context of the conversation, I think it's clear he's indicating Harry isn't gay, as that is the point he's making about Louis?
Yeah, Andy said something like that, but it was never recorded and the actual verbatim has been lost with time, as with most things. I doubt he said it seriously.
Of course, Stan could be covering for Harry due to contracts. Of course, he could be saying it because you can read that phrase any way you like.
But in context, I think it's being pedantic to ignore the gist of what he's saying.
- I agree with L Girl - Harry himself has said stuff like "I like girls" as have the rest of the band. Also if someone says "NW3 is a fan of men" I'd wonder what they actually meant; it's an odd choice of words.
(L Girl - thanks for your reply to my question a few pages back. The conversation has since moved on, but I'll post my reply sometime tonight)
Still think Harry is bisexual and experimenting, thus not ready/willing to commit to anyone...
- Links, you're the one who said we shouldn't ignore opposing views. It seems to me many people saw what Andy said, why should we take him any less seriously, particularly since he has made a few homophobic remarks in the past. It would seem like his reaction would be defensive and not joking and why would he say that about Harry in particular.
Again, I don't know who is correct or who is telling the truth but it's important to consider all the "evidence."
- 394 - Well from twitter alone they must know it was unpopular. Silly timing with a new single out though.
Liked the line "Given the beautiful Swifty's track-record, it wouldn't be surprising if she was unconsciously attracted to those less available"
- Well, Harry said on The Hits this morning that he and the boys mainly talk about girls. That girls are 90% of their discussions.
R401 Exactly, but if we're talking context, then Andy, who likes to make jokes that are a little close to the bone, who was also on a twitcam to his followers, many of whom are 1D fans ... why would he out Harry? They're friends; they've gone out just the two of them in the past on nights out, though people like to make out that Harry hates him for some reason.
I don't think he's homophobic, but that's by the by.
Sure, Stan could easily have been making the comment vague and oblique because Harry is in fact bi/gay; but if he is, why did he mention Harry at all? He didn't have to include him, when they were discussing Louis.
I'm only fighting this one, because Stan is super close to the band; much closer than a lot of other people who we've seen comment on Harry's sexuality.
- Links, I just meant the phrase was such that it could have multiple interpretations as well as the obvious one!
If Harry turned out to be Bi or Gay, no one could repeat that phrase and accuse Stan of 'lying' ? It's to ambiguous.
But, my point was, even if he said, outright, Harry is not gay, are we suppose to automatically believe this?
Since day one, H has been painted as the most hetro of the lot. In every print or filmed interview he and the others make a point of this (remember Louis' revolving door comment?)
Grimmy, R1 everyone always goes on an on about how Harry loves woman. Stans comment was absolutely no different?
Maybe i'm just too cynical but we are talking about the biggest boyband in the world who's popularity (and the billions of RSV that comes from this) is seeming totally dependent on the popularity of the group members (which in turn, relies on them being straight / available)
Are we really saying that they wouldn't lie if the image of one of the most popular members was being threatened by gay rumours? Particularly as they release their album and single?
Harry claimed he was single when reputedly dating Flack. He has since said he was in a relationship with her. Ergo, at some point he has lied outright.
I'm not saying Stan was definately lying but Image is everything in this business. So i wouldn't be surprised of he did.
I know I've said it a million times but these people have every reason to lie about something like this.
The twitter gossips have no reason to.
(NW3 look forward to hearing your Flack views!)
- He did say that Links, but that might be because he does like girls, just not exclusively and the other boys won't exactly want to discuss boys, right?
As for Andy, well, he doesn't seem to think much before talking, so mentioning Harry in particular might just have been his first instinct because it's true. It still might not mean anything, but it could.
Stan being very close to the band would then mean that he knows what the official line is. I think he just doesn't want it to seem that Louis is homophobic, so saying Harry "is a fan of women" makes it seem like they are both in the same boat and it's not just Louis he's defending.
We can go around in circles for a long time, because both "best friends" seem pretty close to the band, neither seems particularly tactful and both may have had reasons to say what they did. Maybe they're both right, i.e. Harry is bi. That to me could explain both statements. I don't know that for sure though, but I don;t have any reason to believe one of them over the other either.
- I definitely think we can't disregard Stan's statement as you would think he would know.
But to play devil's advocate: I also think that Harry's possible experimentation with Nick (beyond maybe sharing a few drunken kisses at Shoreditch like tweeters mentioned in the past) might have only begun once he got back from tour as that is when the rumors seem to explode and the amount of time spent together seems to have gone from friends to couple like behavior.
And also, we have Liam who said recently that Harry is very private and that he finds out about things from the tabloids more than he does from Harry so I doubt Harry's actually sharing word of his conquests with the boys (Even the quote from their security guard implied that Harry is kind of separate from the other boys). I think their comments about talking to each other about girls is just an attempt to show how "good friends" they still are.
So if Harry's experimentation is recent and he's not sharing info with the other boys then maybe tweets like the guy who knows the PA are just arising from speculation when Nick shows up at 1D events all the time. And most of the "insider tweets" seem to be coming more from Nick's circles than 1D circles.
And my last comment on Stan - his point is to prove that Louis and Harry aren't together so it's not like he brought up Harry's sexuality completely out of the blue.
- I do think the easier possibility is that both Harry and Louis are in fact gay, maybe or maybe not had something, and Harry currently has something with Nick as a pile of solid evidence indicates.
Otherwise, we are twisting ourselves into some improbably territories.
- r407 - I used to be pretty certain that Louis was gay, but would his friend be THAT invested in defending the legitimacy of his relationship with Eleanor if it was true? I guess it's possible, but it would be pretty pathetic.
- When did the tour finish? I thought that during Feb they spent a lot of time together at events etc
- J, I don't see how the guy who knew the PA would just be speculation though. The PA would know if anyone would!
At the end of the day a close friend IS more likely to 'know the truth' BUT if the truth is supposed to be hidden (as would be the case here if H isn't straight) they are also be more likely to 'lie about the truth'
- That is a great line, R402:).
- In other news, well done to 1D for getting the number 1 single and album in the UK. They'll soon be in the Radio 1 studio, if anyone's interested.
They're also number 1 in Australia, Taiwan, Sweden, Ireland, Norway, Belgium amd Holland, and will almost certainly chart at number 1 in USA, Canada, Phillipines, New Zealand amongst others.
This gravy train ain't slowing down anytime soon :)
- L Girl - I've been a PA before and really all that would need to happen for them to say that Nick/Harry are together is for Nick to show up at a bunch of 1D things (like Liam said he does) and speculation would start. Especially since there seems to be an attempt to keep Nick's attendance private. And that is pretty convincing to me as well. The other boys might read stuff into it but maybe are choosing to be ignorant because they know Harry's past (I'm not saying this is true but it is an option. A lot of time family members can't see what's right in front of them)
Tour finished in the beginning of July and Nick/Harry definitely spent a lot of time together prior to that but things like Harry driving Nick to work, Nick making dinner for Harry (which he has said making a meal for someone was the most romantic thing he had ever done), the "let me take you out", and them spending a full week together and more all happened since the end of tour.
The Call or Delete with Sam doesn't seem 100% planned out to me so it would fit into the timeline that they were just friends at the time. And that's when Sam mentioned Harry is questioning things and that Nick should talk to Lou (also I think it's shortly after the Harry/Jonathan Pierce rumors)
- The tweet about there being one gay person in a group seems to alleggedly be L. If tweets are to be believed. The original tweeter seemed to suggest the name given by someone could be true. The person I wanted to suggest a name, didn't elaborate further about his info.
- I doubt Stan know anything about Harry's sexuality to be honest. As Liam has said, Harry is very secretive so I believe that he keeps things to himself and that not many people know that he's gay/bi (if that's the case).
or mabye Stan does know about Harry but didn't want to out him on twitter, they're friends after all.
- J, re the PA, that does make sense but the guy was quite specific that he was talking about 'fact' and also claimed, H doesn't like girls?
Re H&N, from my recollection they were together at least a few items a week in the period between their 1st us trip and April trip and then again, the break in April/May?
Harry has always been painted as the most obviously straight one by the press and comes across as very straight yet half the media world (who would have the resource to check) seem convinced he is not straight.
There has to be a reason for that.
- So the chart show went from Harry discussing his tattoos to Nick plugging his breakfast show before the number 2 record was announced
- 417 - followed by Reggie's query to Harry after he mentioned Robbie Williams.
- Was anyone watching the chart show live? Was Nick in the studio aswell as 1d? I assume his part waS recorded.
- Harry's wearing a grey jumper again ... can't work out if it's the one we were debating might be Nick's, though.
Great news for them though! Up All Night is actually STILL in the charts, 51 weeks on. Goes to show that it's not flash in the pan buying from a chunk of fans.
Personally, I think Harry's bi at the least. And it's definitely true that at this point, no one could really be accused of lying; because it's never been stated that Harry doesn't like men as well.
On the chart show, I thought it was interesting that Reggie asked what the tatts were about (things I can/things I can't), but Harry didn't answer. There was definitely an element of clarifying that it doesn't say "things I cunt" though.
- R419 - Grimmy's message is always pre-recorded; he does it twice during Reggie's show. But I noticed Reggie's comment when he announced Robbie Williams, and I wondered if it had anything to do with the Grimmy-Robbie-Radio 1 controversy? Probably a stretch, but that's the first thing I thought of!
- Haven't listened (or watched) the chart show in years but as McFly were on I thought I would today. The 1D boys looked well and happy of course.
- R419 No Nick wasn't in the studio. It was a pre-recorded piece.
- I really wouldn't trust anything said by anyone "close" to the boys regarding their sexuality. Right now with the "larry" shippers' hysteria, the Nick rumours, the pressure of their huge world tour and knowing the short lifespan of boy bands, no one is going to risk stuff like this getting out there. And, to be honest Stan doesn't strike me as the most reliable source, especially when it comes to what Harry might or might not be doing behind closed doors with Nick. I'm sure some, if not, all the boys would know about this, but I doubt they would slip information like this to anyone, even their closes friends, who could open their mouths to a tabloid for a good amount of money. As much as you might want to, you can't rely on loyalty in a business like this.
Personally I think Harry might be bisexual, but like I said in an earlier post, I've know way to many 18, 19 year old boys who consider themselves straight even after fooling around with guys, just because for them it doesn't count if it's not something regular or if it's not an actual relationship.
For all I know, Harry could just be experimentig, but his obvious attachment to Nick, the fact that he seems to genuinely care about him and the way he flirts with him wouldn't make sense to me in a strictly platonic relationship with a gay man who fancies him.
- R420 - No that's his off white one that Larry people thinks he shares with Louis but is obviously a different sweater than the one Louis wears.
- Links, it's either Grimmy's jumper or Harry's jumper that we thought was Grimmy's but wasn't!
I'm not even going to take a guess given my spectacular failure relating to the last jumper matching converation.
But, neither Harry or Nick were spotted out last night so would love to believe it was Nicks!
What was the comment about Robbie, if you don't mind me asking? My radio kept cutting out during the top 10 and I didn't hear anything!
- From tumblr, take with a grain of salt of course:
- R428 What did that tumblr post say? It has been deleted
You can choose to believe this or not but I’m going to post it anyway. My good family friend works for various gossip magazines. She told me that one of her good friends was at a party, and went into a toilet which a couple of people had forgotten to lock. Inside we Harry and Nick Grimshaw ‘getting it on’. So apparently Harry is bisexual which some of you may know, or think you know. I obviously don’t know if its 100% true or not but I just thought I’d post this anyway.
- Well, it seems to have been deleted now, but it was about Harry and Nick getting accidentally caught "getting it on" in an unlocked bathroom at a party.
I have no idea how true this is of course.
Links - can you tell me that your friend absolutely said Taylor specifically and not that he's had a girlfriend for all this time? It's interesting in the context of something I heard.
Stan would DEFINITELY know about Harry's sexuality. His very close best friend lived with Harry for months. He's been out on tours with them. They've been on holidays together. He really had no reason to bring up Harry's sexuality no matter how you look at it. If Louis is straight, Larry is not real, no matter Harry's sexuality.
And the only "evidence" we have that Harry isn't straight is his friendship with Nick, to be quite honest, and as you've all shown, people will often take what they see and turn it into something in their heads. So the gossip doesn't necessarily mean anything. You might say his gender neutral pronouns are further evidence, but the rest of the band use those a lot as well.
None of what I said is to say that I don't think there's any way something's ever happened with N/H, but it must be viewed honestly and without a bias.
- Not sure why a "secret" couple would have sex in an unlocked bathroom at a party full of strangers.
- True, but if they sometimes get a bit careless, it might explain why there are quite a few people who seem so certain they're involved.
- I don't know... in their positions do you really think they'd get that careless? They're both ambitious professionals.
- the tweeter I mentioned earlier who had xfactor gossip from a couple of years ago, met the 1D lads tonight and is going to be on Xtra Factor asking a question
- Well, Links also said her friend's friend saw them "snogging" at GAY. I honestly have no idea, but this is at least the third time we've had a report like this. Maybe it only happens in places they feel "safe."
- Well, there have been tweets from people supposedly seeing them kissing at parties, so if this bathroom story is true, it wouldn't be the first time they've been careless in public.
- Kissing can be chalked up to a things friends sometimes do when they're drunk, so if they're seen it's not career-shattering. If those stories are true.
- R432, I'm assuming you've heard H has been seeing someone for a long town but not Swift? Is it someown that has been mentioned in the press before?
- R432 The story became convoluted as it was told to us (my friend from the band started out telling us about Nick's intentions, and his best friend finished by explaining that he's been seeing Taylor Swift - hence why I'm more skeptical about the second half) so it's entirely possible that it was simply "he's had a girlfriend all this time" and our other friend thought he'd spice it up by saying it was Taylor Swift.
Obviously this conflicts with the spotting I got from my other friend; he said it was full on making-out, not just a kiss.
Is the person who posted on Tumblr a 1D fan? Why did she delete the post? If it was a party where they knew a lot of people, it's possible; or they thought they'd locked the door. But I would take the whole thing with a salt shaker. There's no way of knowing whether or not it's true.
Though we have no evidence for Harry's sexuality, other than his connection to Nick and the gossip from that; and his gender neutrals (as said above, he's not exclusive in using these); it is interesting that he's the only one who's been picked for media industry gossip about his sexuality. The rest of them haven't that I've seen.
- Links, I think she's a 1D fan but not one of Harry and Nick together it seems? She posted it in Nick's tag anyway, not one of their combined ones as far as I saw.
- Wow i haven't been on for a day and there are so many new posts already!i won't comment on anything as i think most things have been covered by previous posters already.
I just want to point out one thing; all these people who share gossip aren't directly connected to H or N,they might move in the same circles but they aren't their close friends or relatives so i doubt they would know anything for sure.I'm certain the rumors about H/N being involved but also about H being with Taylor or any girl in a secret relationship and straight cannot all be true at the same time.It all depends on the person,whom they heard the gossip from and how they viewed it.Unless H and/or N say something themselves it's all just rumors.
Let's not forget we are talking about famous people,i bet their privacy is what they value the most so i doubt anyone but very very few selected family members/very close friends know the truth about it all.
I do think that many of these people might have heard that Harry hooked up with a female they know,so they jumped to the conclusion along with the media reports that Harry is 100% straight or that they heard Harry hooked up with a male so they thought he is definitely gay.
- I agree 443. I just don't think they'd be so brazen if they were hiding Harry's sexuality. I don't think many people actually know what goes on either way.
- Thanks, Links. He definitely said for a year?
Was Harry's possible sexuality a big topic before he became friends with Nick?
- R445 i am not Links but Harry's sexuality has always been a bit of an issue,there were claims from a canadian boy that he know Harry has hooked up with male(s) and a few other things.
I bet other posters can help you more with that though as i come here as a Grimmy fan and those claims were when i wasn't very interested in Harry/1D
- There's also the Jonathan Pierce rumour J mentioned, R445.
- What Jonathan Pierce rumour? didn't he denied that Harry was gay in an interview (after they were both seen in a gay club)?
- That rumour was after Harry became friends with Grimmy, though.
- Apparently the source of the information was Jonathan's ex who told a friend, R448.
He did say that in an interview, bringing it up without being asked and was quite awkward about it, and again Harry may well not be gay just bi, so he's not lying.
It is just a rumour though of course, but it was worth mentioning in response to R445's question.
- R449, can you tell us what you heard? Does if involve H secretly dating a girl and would we know her?
Thb, no one really talked about H that much until Flack, the timing of which coincided with the Grimmy rumours.
- 450, that's what I thought when I read that interview. That denial was kind of unnecessary and it only made me think that Harry might be bi.
- R452, the video was very awkward.
- R450 Do you ave the link to that interview by any chance?
- I agree that they really didn't start talking about Harry in general prior to his friendship with nick but on the subject of his sexuality you had the inconclusive Larry rumors as well as rumors he was out as bisexual to many people at his school but I never saw any direct links for those rumors
- J, did the rumours of him being out as bisexual get passed through the Larry shippers? Were they using it as evidence?
I'm just trying to get some facts straight, thanks.
- J @ R455 - where did you read he was out as bisexual at school? I didn't really start seeing the rumours about anything until I looked further into them generally at the beginning of this year. By which point rumours were pretty rife.
People keep asking about my friend's story - what I've typed up is what I've said, stop cross questioning me as though I'm going to come out with some gem that will change the whole light on the thing. He said Taylor Swift and he said for over a year. He could have meant a different girl; he could have got it completely wrong.
- R454, I can't find one that's working right now, but I will post one if I do.
I saw it a while back at the following link, but it's not working for me now:
- Haha sorry Links. I guess I was starting to resemble another frequenter of this thread. Thanks for your answers.
- The bisexual rumors were passed through Larry lenses which is why I mentioned I never saw anyone say it directly but I just thought I would point out that the rumors did exist. And though the Larry stuff has been proven pretty false recently it doesn't completely rule out something happening during xfactor though likely not until nicolo left the competition if anything did happen.
- R459 It's okay, just a waste of time for everyone more than anything :)
- I missed Grimmy's live blogging of x-factor tonight, he always goes quiet when Harry is home I've noticed ha ;o) (I joke, sort of, although it does seem that way!).
- It must be very frustrating for Louis to say repeatedly that Larry is bullshit and for Stan to say Louis is straight and for people to absolutely refuse to believe it. Larry was a very close friendship and I never saw anything sexual about it. Women have friendships like that with each other all the time.
- Completely unrelated, but I think is funny how everyone involved in this story is somehow connected; so, Joe Jonas dated Taylor Swift, and supposedly had a thing with Nick, who has interviewed Taylor (a pretty uneventful interview), who collaborated with Ed Sheeran, (and there were and still are rumours about them) one of Harry's best mates, Ed was also interviewed by Nick who is bff/maybe more with Harry, who's now being linked to Taylor. All that's left is like, Joe Jonas dating Ed Sheeran or something. I'm sure there are a lot more connections. I could have a lot of fun making a diagram with these people.
- when Ed was a couple of miles from me last week he stopped at a local hotel and Louis was there too.
- 465, so you mean that Ed and Louis have a secret relationship? ;)
- R466. No, all 1D are probs friends with Ed
- On the subject of Nick and Harry maybe getting caught and that they would be more discrete - if the Joe Jonas rumor is to believed then weren't they also caught in a restroom? It seems like maybe Nick might have a bit of a kink for public places if both of these and the Shoreditch/GAY rumors are true.
- Ed has stated in his twitter that he isn't gay sometime in April and like others said he is friends with all the 1D boys.
- R464 - Another connection: Harry meets and becomes close to Lou Teasdale through X Factor/1D. She is in a relationship with Tom Atkin from the Paddingtons, who is close friends with ex-Son of Dork guitarist Chris Leonard. Chris is very good friends with Ed Sheeran and his producer Jake Gosling; he writes and plays guitar on Ed's album. Harry and Ed meet when Ed was sleeping on Jake's sofa, and they become good friends. Ed supports Snow Patrol on tour and becomes good friends with Gary Lightbody. Harry was in LA writing with Gary last week, possibly an Ed connection? Taylor is friends with Ed; they wrote a song together for her new album. Gary Lightbody also wrote a song with Taylor which is on her album.
This angle really doesn't involve Grimmy though so not as interesting! Also although it is friendship based, it's also work related. And it isn't just Harry that's close to Chris - Niall seems closer to him in fact, and Ed is quite friendly with the rest of the boys, Louis especially.
There was a time Grimmy seemed friendly with Louis; they even tweeted each other a handful of times. Grimmy has of course since unfollowed him on twitter.
- Sorry J this just seems like shooting from the hip. I'm not discounting all rumours but I think that particular one is unlikely. I've been a bigtime partier and around many celebs and literally never walked in on that type of thing even among guys who were publicly out. If the Joe Jonas rumour is true, it could have happened in a bathroom because they had no opportunity to do it anywhere more private. Harry and Nick obviously have those opportunities.
- R471 I was more going for the joke!
Though I've been made aware of one or two incidents involving other celebs that as far as I know most people seem to be aware of but aren't publicly out (I'm in the LA area) and bathrooms.
- I never got the Nick and Louis unfollowing each other thing. Did that really happen? Why?
- R427 - Missed your question! I've forgotten exactly what was said, but Reggie announced Robbie's record and then asked Harry why he was grimacing. I think that's the word he used. I don't think it was of any significance as Reggie can be a bit weird, as I'm sure you know! If it'd been someone like Matt Edmondson I'd read more into it, but it was probably just Reggie being Reggie.
- Anon grimmy appears to have unfollowed louis but louis is still following him
There is a site called doesfollow where you can check these things
- Also Grimmy seems friendly with Niall to if their radio interactions are anything to go by,they were more friendly/funny and less awkward than with the other boys!
- Does anyone know how press injunctions work?
There have been a few rumours of one concerning H&N.
IF one was served, does it have to 'confirm' the story that the press are banned from reporting on?
If so, confirmation of an injunction would presumably confirm this story? (which has to be better than trying to work out which conflicting piece of anonymous information we keep getting on here is actually true?)
- Yeah and it makes sense since Niall apparently is very close with Harry.
I still don't understand why Nick unfollowed Louis tho. But I'm sure the "larry" shippers that dislike Nick must have plenty of theories about that.
- Something else i've noticed is how all the single boys in 1D are currently in an available/non available position.
We've discussed H/T and the obvious PR job there but same thing is happening with Liam and Leona and the "reported dates" from "sources" close to the couple,Liam still claims to be single and only friends with her just like Harry with Taylor.
And then there is Niall who is obviously spending lots of time with that Amy girl but keeps claiming to be single.
It seems like their team wants to keep the fans in a constant "are they single or not?" state of interest/agony which works perfectly for the young fans
- R475 - I don't know the exact day it happened, but it was the week Nick did "The Grimmys" on his show. May have been related to the response he got from that - a terse DM from Louis, maybe?
It is commendable that in 2 years, Harry has managed to stay calm and polite on twitter. No meltdowns, no rudeness, no spats with The Wanted, no swearing, no flouncing off. I remember Grimmy saying Harry is "the most easy-going person" he's ever met, and he really seems that way on twitter.
- L Girl - injunctions concerning sexuality have been contentious in the UK for some time now. The story of H&N, H&L, or H& any combination of possible people would not necessarily have to be true or even imminent for an injunction to be filed and approved. It must, however, concern privacy or have allegations present in this case.
Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has commented on the propensity for twitter to negate the function of any injunction as there are no laws on twitter. This is of particular intrest to this thread because of the veracity of tweets we've accrued detailing H+N.
Yes, I think it must relate to that. Apparently the unfollow was on 2.11.12 (which was the Friday).
1D were also in Sweden that day doing X factor and press stuff and really the only thing of note was the attached interview, where Louis is shall we say, being sassy (or unpleasant to be honest) to Harry. (First 2 minutes).
- Despite all i do still believe that H/N were somehow involved.It could be because the idea isn't so earth-shattering for me,sure the age gap is an issue but Harry seems Grimmy's type and Harry is still young and probably willing to experiment,and frankly weirder things that two friends fooling around have happened.
I might be seeing things that way because i've been inna similar position but noone really could know what is going on behind closed doors.
- R481, thanks for replying.
I'm going try and find out the real gossip through work. Two of our titles write suggestive pieces about H/N/Flack every week. They will know what's going on.
It's got to be easier than trying to work out from all the different anonymous gossip on here!
- 482, I've noticed sometimes Louis tends to be rather um pleasant towards Harry, interrupting him or making fun of him. Seems strange, and uncalled for.
- Louis does that to all of them. It's friendly teasing and Harry knows it.
- Agreed R486, people need to stop making out that Harry gets upset by Louis's teasing. His flounce off to the bed was a joke as much as Louis and Niall berating him for his random answer.
- One thing i don't believe is that Nick keeps trying to make Harry sleep with him but Harry is denying,not for the denial part but i honestly don't think Nick is desperate.
We all know that he can find young and attractive partners and let's not forget the rumors about him and a model(i think it was RJ King?)hooking up in September so i find it hard to believe that Nick is mopping around and keep hitting on Harry
I can believe that possibly Nick hit on Harry but Harry refused ONCE but no more than that,i can't believe Nick is sickening in love with him or anything,and i don't think Nick would hit on anyone he knew he wouldn't have a chance with,especially if said person was straight/in a relationship.
- My best friend has a thing for straight guys and he will try and try to wear them down, even good friends. It becomes like banter. Sometimes it works, though.
- R489 i have friends like this too but i don't think that is the case here given how close friends they are and how Grimmy has had many partners who were "young stupid models".
I just don't think Grimmy is stuck with Harry(i don't know if that is the correct expression),obviously i don't know him and what is going through his head but both Nick and his friends have mentioned how he gets obsessed with people and things and then he just forgets about it after a while(we can see this with the "thing" he had with Nicolo).
To say that Grimmy is trying desperately to sleep with Harry for over a year really doesn't fit with this character as we know it.
But it could happen who knows,this is just my take on things.
- Agree. To think that Nick keeps trying to bed Harry, you would have to assume that either Nick has a MASSIVE crush on him or that he's fixated on him. In both cases I think a strictly straight Harry would have taken some distance. Which he hasn't done.
- I don't think Links was suggesting he was acting desperate about it, but okay.
- R492 i wasn't referring to what Link's friend said,i think that's been covered pages before,it's an opinion i've seen quite a few fans suggesting,especially on tumblr/twitter(and the fans seemed old enough to know better)so i found it rather ridiculous.It sounds very romantic and all but rather unrealistic.
- R492 No, I wasn't, but people seem to have read a lot into what I was told.
And at no point was it ever said that Harry is exclusively straight.
Nor that just because Nick wants to fuck Harry, that means he's not fucking other people at the same time.
- Ah, okay, I know what you mean now, sorry. As in the numerous 'from one to nick grimshaw how obsessed are you with harry styles' ever so original and funny tweets.
- Yes Links,exactly!
Something else i always found interesting and i think you Links pointed out in R441 ,how Harry is the only one getting gay rumors out of the five of them,i mean from media people/the industry in general not the fans.
I find it interesting because he always had the womanizing rumors following him so for people to think that they are gay(especially those who have stated they know so on twitter for example)there must be some sort of evidence? Many of these people belong in the gay scene themselves so they are in a position to know this sort of gossip.
Anyway in the end i don't think we'll ever know for sure and gossip won't stop,except in maybe in 5-10 years when 1D will probably be done for good and noone will no longer care,Harry might talk about it all.
- So for people to think that HE is gay*
Sorry i typed "they" instead of "he" in R496 ,God i'm tired!
- These boys are so crazy, I love them. this is from yesterday.
- There was a lot of Harry mentions on Nicks show when he was interviewing Jack Whitehall!!!! Jack brought up the clothes sharing! It was funny!
- It really was funny, R499!
- 500- also the half naked pic of Harry on the girls wall!
- R501, I didn't watch, just listened, but yeah, the whole thing was quite funny:).
- To be honest, I kind of like Louis bitchy behaviour towards Harry. He is trying to be mean, but as soon as he looks Harry straight in the eye you can see his face change from hard to soft. And then, in the end of the Swedish video, he feels the need to touch Harry's knee. So I don't think you should take his behaviour too seriously, I prefer to see it as friendly banter. However, he never did this before the US tour. He really changed his behaviour towards him.
- I think this Harry and Taylor thing could have some truth to it.
- Andy (Liam's friend) had a twitcam where he mentioned Harry and Taylor and it sounded like he implied that there's a real thing going on between them.
- 504- why?
- This is what Andy said. For anyone who wanted to no.
- It's going to take a lot more than that to convince me of this Taylor thing, haha.
I'd be willing to believe many other stories, but this one is not logical.
He may want to seem well-informed, when all he knows is from the papers. I mean Liam himself says he finds out news about Harry from the media because Harry is so secretive.
- Andy's comment is kind of just sticking to what you'd expect him to say if it was PR though doesn't it? I mean it's exactly what they've been doing so far - it doesn't directly confirm or deny anything but suggests they've been spending time together and are happy.
- Btw., it does look like the Harry's pullover could be the same as Nick's from these photos
- There is a mark on the bottom hem of Harry's jumper and when we were comparing them before I'm fairly sure there was a pic of N and same mark was visible. It maybe won't wash out.
- I have a feeling I have seen the mark before R511, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have a link to other photos where Nick is wearing this?
- No i dont know where to find the one with mark. The are photo agency pics of N in same or similar jumper in Oct 2011, but the images are small and too far away.
- Thanks anyway, R513. Maybe someone else will help us out.
- Like NW3 has said people will start saying how happy H and T are or how they have gone on secret vacations and other planted stories.
I could believe the Taylor story but it's so obviously staged and it took so much publicity that i don't,plus it came out of nowhere and they have never spent any time together.
- Wow, alot happened over the weekend?!? Are people really believing this Taylor rubbish?? It's so staged it's embarrasing! They put her in Harry's most famous necklace, OVER a BLACK dress, at an OFFICIAL papped event? It couldn't look more like a statement if they tried! And..who announces the relationship to the world..someone from The X Factor! Who confirms it to the press..someone else from the X Factor. Even Cowell has got in the act and publicly given them his blessing!
Of course Andy is going to say they are happy together. It's supposed to look real!!
It's clearly working. so many tweets from ID fans about how Harry can't be gay now if he is going out with taylor.
As for Links story, how could that be real? even if the timings are wrong and they have only been dating for half that time since the end of March, that would mean that every single person he has been linked to him since was PR? And when would he have even seen her in the last 6 months? As NW3 said, they have rarely even been on the same state in that time?
And if links friend didn't get the timings wrong but got the girl wrong like someone else seems to think, when has he been seeing her and why is spending his spare time with Grimmy? Also, how have they evaded both the paps, gossip grapevine and all those tweeters with phones? And how does Haroline work in this theory?
AND what about the troll who came on here a few weeks ago to say that Haz is 'talking' to a girl but not dating her and that it was not Taylor? Or the other one who said his mates have had casual sex with Harry over the summer?
It's funny. There have been loads of different press stories and gossip on here about Haz and girls over the last 12 months. No one has ever seen Harry with any of these girls apart from in the odd pap shot. The only one consistent rumour in the last 12 month is the Grimmy rumour. And people see them together all the time. People have seen them making out, people that know them say they are 'together' Yet this is the rumour everyone now thinks is rubbish?
R432, you really think all the people who work andb play in Grimmy's circle just assumed they are a couple and spread that without just checking. Yeah,that really makes sense.
Also, Stan was replying to a tweet accusing him of saying gay rumours were bad. Harry has way more gay rumours than Louis so it's obvious wht he would include him in his reply.
Sorry for ranting just shocked at how little it takes to PR people on here!
- 516 - I pretty well agree with everything you've just said.
Nick, this morning, before playing her new single said
'We like Swifty don't we" and "she's definitely my favourite American pop star, on a major level"
and really did sound sincere. There are strong rumours that she actually hasn't split up with the Kennedy boyfriend although his family wanted them to, so really this works for both parties involved, and with their tours they don't even have to play at being a couple. Afterall Taylor has known Nick far longer than she has known Harry.
- R516, I really don't think many people believe the Taylor story. I certainly don't. We've already discussed, as you've mentioned, how blatant it all is. It's a mess and a rushed one at that for some reason. Maybe we'll find out why sometime.
It certainly seems like they decided to go with this story sometime last month and started planting several things, like the break-up story in May, the Cosmo interview and then the necklace etc... There was also the Capital FM interview where Harry chose Taylor's song, the day after those break-up rumours began, and the host wondered whether there was any gossip there.
As you said, the fact that so far the only people confirming this are X-Factor people etc... just makes it all look even more fishy.
You are right, the only consistent story has been Nick. The people insisting they're together don't seem to have a reason to lie or anything to gain, whereas many of those confirming the Taylor story have either or both.
- I agree with pretty much everything you said, 516.
- Agreed with everything R516 said
And i actually do believe the story that Kennedy/Taylor arent over or at least it seems possible to me,she really seemed to like him and i'm pretty sure she met his family didn't she? So this works great for them
- If Harry and Grimmy are a couple and no one is saying they know that for sure, but if they are,their management will be doing everything to convince people the opposite is true and that Harry is as straight as. So why are people shocked when he say's "we talk about girls 90% of he time" or Freinds 'tease' him about girls?
Just listening to Grimmy. He is very quiet about his weekend and didn't seem to socialise apart from when 1D were at Capital. No one saw him or harry out socially all weekend apart from Harry's trot down the Kings Road and pub lunch.
I've noticed a pattern to this when ever harry returns home after being away.
- Friday night Nick was at the CiN after party. Saturday, Harry went shopping with Chris Leonard. Sunday, Nick was dog walking whilst Harry was at vocal rehersals and then Radio 1 Chart Show and Nick was at a birthday party for a friend.
- I meant R1 not Capital. But otherwise, as you confirm, Grimmy only seemed to go out when harry was unavailable sunday pm. And harry only popped out for lunch on sat, as far as we know. How do you know he was at an after party. It didn't end until 2am?
- I don't think we should assume they are together whenever we don't know where they are,i mean they might as well be but they might not.
There are many times where we didn't find out they have spent time together until much later and i bet they do spend time together that we don't know of.
But i don't think we should jump into conclusions,Harry just got back after being on and off on promo for weeks so i guess there are other people he wants to see apart from Nick.
- Wasn't assuming. Just pointing out the possibility.
- R525 i didn't say it wasn't possible,after all they weren't busy 24/7 all weekend so they could have spent time together even for a little while.
Like for example a few weeks ago Harry was with Niall at a chinese restaurant and Nick appeared to be with Aimee so we assumed they didn't see each other but then someone tweeted that they saw them together at the chinese place that they named and the timing fit and all so yeah everything is possible.
Personally i prefer having some sort of comfirmation before assuming they have spent time together but obviously we dont know their moves all day everyday.
- There is def a pattern to Nicks twitter activity and Harry being around, especially when Harry has been away for a period of time. They obvs hung out at CiN, hence the picture which kinda said to me that the others did leave and Harry stayed behind cos where was the piccie of the other boys?! ... They then tweeted about 5 minutes apart good morning on saturday, but thats me tin hatting. And then Nick was with friends when Harry was busy with 1D. I may be totally wrong but i recon they def hung out at some point during sat and/or sun ... they are after all good friends, I know I can't wait to see mine when I've been on holiday or something for a little while :o)
- Well if Harry was in fact wearing Nick's sweater yesterday then we know for a fact that they did spend time together because Nick wore the sweater once while Harry was gone and so would have had to pass it over at some point this past weekend. He wasn't wearing it at CiN so they didn't pass it over then.
- I do think these two jumpers are the same but thats not to say they both don't own the same one. The shirts are very very similar but hard to tell.
- The blue shirts are COMPLETELY different, just watch the video interview he did with Jack.
- The sweaters are slightly different, different proportions in the knits. Talked about this before. And if they do borrow each others' close they could have them at their own houses anyway.
- It's definitely not the same sweater as the one linked but I thought it might be the one they have shared in the past (though I could easily mistaken as I've gone back and forth about whether or not they are the same). And that one couldn't have been at Harry's because Nick wore it while Harry was in America.
- Ah, either way, their fashion sense is cutely similar :)! Harry once said something about dressing like the people you look up too or something, their wardrobe of their actual own clothes (and not the ones he wears by 1D stylists) must be weirdly similar!
- Most likely their stylist sends them clothes for every day and they pick what they like from that. I loved Harry's Burberry Leather jacket that he wore in Spain and to the airport.
- I think the two grey sweaters are the same, depends on the light and the angle of the person in the pic. Even the cuffs are slightly baggy and not tight fitting.
Ithe pic of grimmy from over a year ago?
- 535 - Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the same one. The shirt is plainly different from the front, but Nick has worn a very similar one on his breakfast show, but then so probably have most people. Harry's sweater which was compared before (he wore it at the airport in LA) was much heavier than this one.
Don't think Nick has a stylist for casual clothes at least; he has often tweeted about, and posted photographs of himself, shopping.
- look at these two pics
- The post was removed 537 - what was it?
- I get an error message there, R537, What were the pictures?
- R538 only sweater pics.
This is another pic of Harry in sweater
- Nick has a stylist for events and stuff, but for everyday I think he wears what he wants; he's not a brand in the same way Harry is. Harry I think is allowed to pick his style to a certain extent, but is probably advised on brands to wear.
What was the post at R537, it's been removed?
Also, I'm not sure about the jumpers. There's just something not quite the same about the colours.
Nick and Harry do have some similar denim shirts, but EVERYONE in the UK has those, it would be impossible to say they were sharing.
Really, the only item we have proof of them sharing is that grey jumper with the elbow patches. Nick says he bought his own Topman yellow jacket. I don't think the black one Harry's worn is the same as an old one of Nick's. And there is something off in the knit and colour of this grey one we've been debating for ages.
If anyone can find pics where we can tell they're the same, then ...
- compare pic in link R540 with this pic in following link
- Unfortunately, I don't think it's the same.
- why? knit is same and neck and cuffs
- I think the twist on Harry's is thicker and wider, to be honest. And Nick's is creamier.
- The whole pattern on Nick's also looks flatter, less defined somehow in addition to what R545 said. I really wanted it to be the same one, and I may be wrong of course, haha.
- It is definitely different. The twist is much wider than the ropes on Harry's, and about the same in proportion on Nick's. Also yes, the color is a bit different.
- I think it could be the same, just by now it's more worn and since Harry's skinnier it fits him differently.
- It doesn't seem likely that they would continue to be as lax about wearing each other's clothing after Nick facing the spanish inquisition about the jumper and the jacket. I doubt we'll catch them at it again though I suppose they may wear each other's white t-shirts and other items everyone owns because we'd never be able to tell who they belong to.
As a side note - remember when they wore matching trainers? They do seem to have a similar style.
- 548, that isn't how it works. There are a lot of differences besides the fit, anyway. Why are we so obsessed with clothes sharing here? You don't have to insist on it to prove a point, and it looks petty.
- I agree, J. I think they will be more careful from now on. I also agree that they do have a similar style.
- Was no one else intrigued by R432's post (and subsequent questions) ?!
Based on their interrogation of Links, they are obviously inferring that they have heard H has had a secret girlfriend for the past year?
There would only be one candidate for that (it would certainly make sense)
- Let me guess ... FLACK??
- It would make sense of your friends information. Perhaps he was told that H has a secret gf but not who. He then jumped to conclusions following recent press?
If he has had a gf for the past year, it could only be her (& that week H spent all his time with N, she was away filming)
I've aways thought that H is with either N or Flack. If the recent info you, NW3 and 432's have shared is correct. It would all fit.
- Have we seen this tweet? No idea who this person is. The latest person that he has followed is Nick. If the list is in correct order.
- The whole i think Harry is with Nick thing aside - I honestly do not believe Harry has had a secret gf for a whole year. For one, there is no way we the media would not have gotten some clue - some kinda picture/pap shot of Harry and said girl in public. As much as you can keep a relationship secret, they cannot possibly have stayed indoors or in completely private public venues for the whole of a year long relationship. Especially in America while on tour. I'm not saying Harry has not hooked up with girls in the last year, but the media and indeed fans would have noticed one repeat girl. Bit like Niall's possible girlfriend. Harry and Nick have seemingly kept their friendship fairly secret recently yet we still have had people who've spotted them and the odd phone photo of them together. Its nearly impossible for Harry to go unnoticed.
Also, why keep it secret for so long? His band mates have/had girlfriends. Poor Harry's if Louis, Liams and Zayns (to a point given shes already famous) girls all got to go visit the boys in amazing places in the US and UK/Europe and not Harry's!
- R556, I agree with everything you say which is why it would have to be Flack.
The press have continued to speculate and they have been spotted at the same parties (as you say, this doesn't apply to any other girls)
Also, if any gf were to be hidden, it would be her due to the public reaction before.
- The thing I heard was definitely not an entire year
- Given H has only been back full time for 3 or 4 months it's unlikely anyone he has met since then would already be considered a 'girlfriend' ?
And he was travelling all the time before that so surely couldn't have forged any sort of relationship on the road.
The only other viable candidate in my mind is the Irish Photographer. Flack is still the obvious choice.
- You can certainly call someone a girlfriend after 4 months, but what I heard doesn't really match what Links heard so I wouldn't pay it too much mind.
- L Girl - nobody agrees with you on Flack: all "press speculation" has been in tabloids and I've not heard a peep on twitter from anyone in the media speculating about Harry/Caroline continuing. It's all for PR for xfactor (I'm still not 100% convinced their relationship wasn't for PR in the first place, or at least vastly blown out of proportion for PR).
Until we get new information I think you have to let it go. They were spotted at two parties (I think) - one of which was Nick's birthday. That's it.
- Thanks, R555. Do we have any idea who this is?
- 560- what did u hear?
- J, I agree with you on the lack of industry gossip front.
Just putting it out there in the context of the new (maybe unreliable) info we have heard over the last few days.
If H is not with N (& i still believe there's a good chance he is) She would be the obvious alternative IMO.
R460, just because your info doesn't match Link's, it doesn't mean it's automatically wrong?
- Also, if Harry is doing this PR thing with Taylor then it seems unlikely that he is in a burgeoning relationship with another girl. He may be casually seeing other girls but if he was serious then I think they would hand the Taylor PR over to Liam.
I think the most likely options are:
1. Harry is single and casually dating girls while doing this PR thing with Taylor.
2. Harry is in a relationship (fwb?) with Nick. And "dating" Taylor as PR (with bonus sexuality coverup).
3. Despite the amount of press surrounding the situation and the general textbook PR bull - he could actually be pursuing something with Taylor.
- He said it was better to start a relationship out of the spotlight. I'd want a chance to figure out how much I like someone before letting the fangirls make her life hell. Don't know how that ties in with Taylor PR, unless they recently decided not to go for it.
- I always thought Harry liked Caroline and their people used the timing to their advantage for PR. It could *possibly* be that he's been flirting with Taylor for a while and this was the right time to expose it. That's the only way it would make sense to me.
- If I ever wondered about Harry's sexuality, the TS "romance" cleared it up.
The only man she's dated who may conceivably have fucked her is John Mayer, and even JM is widely rumored to be a switch-hitter. And, without question, he's her equal in the famewhore department.
TS is the queen of the beards in the US, and a particularly poor choice for a beard, in my opinion. Especially as she revels in writing revenge songs about her exes.
- I don't believe she's bearding, I believe it's for PR. Not very many people think Harry is gay.
- If they are going through with it, it's definitely PR. The convenient bearding it's just a plus.
- Agree 100%, Anon/r570
- Looks like the song Harry wrote with Gary Lightbody was for the Fifty Shades of Grey movie soundtrack.
(Can't wait to hear all about the Rihanna gig from Grimmy this morning!)
- NW3, that's interesting. It's odd that he would be doing this alone, especially since he doesn't have much experience. I still think there may have been another reason for these LA trips that we don't know and things like the songwriting and Ed's concert were just added bonus.
- R573 - That's what I thought.
I wonder if he'll also be singing the song i.e. without the rest of 1D?
- NW3, that would be very strange. Has that ever happened, that someone in a relatively new boyband sings without the others?
- I'm sure Nick says certain things on purpose on his show. Taylor swift mention, The T4 tattoo game with The birds on Harry's chest and then talking about not locking toilet doors
- I don't think that was true. That account tweets the boys and posted a fake trailer. Not very official.
- R577 - It not being official doesn't mean it's not true... we just have to wait and see.
R575 - Maybe they wanted Harry's name on the project for added publicity?
Even if it isn't true, the fact remains that Harry wrote a song with Gary Lightbody separate from the 1D boys. As he is not an established songwriter, I'm very curious about this.
R576 - It may also be that the Taylor stories have distracted people from suggesting he's more than friends with Harry, which means he can talk about him again :)
- If it's true, then probably, NW3.
Exactly. I just don't think the band's management would give him this somewhat separate identity/image unintentionally.
- I agree with poster in previous page,if Harry is with someone there is no way he could have kept it secret 100% for all this time and how is it possible for random people to know but not the media?
He did say he prefers starting something in private but there is no way noone ever sees them unless they stay indoors all the time.
And when is he spending time with said girlfriend? When he is with Nick most summer? When he spends time with Ed and the Teasdales? Or when he was back home with his family and meets with other friends?
Even from an outsider point of view it makes no sense.I could believe that he is hooking up with girls but not that he has a steady girlfriend.
- And we do get different gossip but all these people seem to move in the same circles and/or belong to the gay scene,yet most of them seem to know about H/N but then we have some people like Links' friends who have heard a different story so i think the whole thing is confusing to say the least.
- And of course if the various tweets have been correct, then Nick and Harry have been "seeing" each other for a year now because they date back to last November.
- Did anyone understand this tweet:
"So what's this I hear about @Harry Styles and @grimmers shagging? Super Injunction my eye"
He has obviously just heard the gossip about them but what does he mention a suoer Injunction and that it doesn't beleive it?
If he didn't know about Harry and Grimmy, how we he know about the super injunction rumours?? Weird...
- Yeah, it was a strange tweet. Maybe he's saying that enough people know and are talking about it so there can't be an injunction or it's not working? No idea.
- I'm probably way off, but I thought it meant that he had just heard the rumours including the one about an injunction, and he's saying injunction my eye as in "ew I don't wanna see that". Maybe? I don't know.
- R585 No, "my eye" means "as if". He just seems to be some random though, he could have seen the rumours anywhere or heard them from anyone. They aren't only going around the industry.
- One of his followers is Marcus Collins from the X factor. Could have heard from him? They're both mancs.
- I only see a fanpage following him, not the actual Marcus Collins, R587? Are you sure?
- Harry being adorably odd:
- Harry really does remind me of a kitten. Weird kid, that one. And I just saw a gif of Niall kissing Zayn in a radio interview. They really have no concept of personal space. I think it's cute. I've been a fan of bands famous for their stage-gay tendencies, but these kids seem to honestly have trouble keeping their hands off each other.
- Yeah, they do and it's lovely, haha. Harry is very much like a kitten, an odd kitten.
- The way i see the injuction tweet,this guy probably doesnt believe the injuction rumor as from what it seems too many people are gossiping about it already and even though i dont know much about injuctions if there was one people wouldnt make the clothes sharing articles etc,that's my take on this anyway.
L Girl,i remember you saying a while ago that you would try and find out about H/N from some reliable sources,any luck with that? I'm just wondering i don't want to come across as annoying.
- aw, Harry's like a little kitten or puppy play-biting Niall's hoodie.
and I loved Harry, Louis and Liam's banter with Piers on twitter, lol.
and Harry being adorable and not being able to be mean and insult anybody even in joking just called on uncle Simon for help instead :)
- R593 - that twitter battle was a real treat to come back to after a busy day at work! Piers Morgan VS Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Ben Winston, James Corden, David Walliams and Peter Jones :) And it's still going on - loving it!!
- Another day, another girl...
Heat article on Harry & Cara:
- NW3- seriously?
- It's getting ridiculous. He's becoming the official PR boy for the UK. Every woman in need of a bit of a career boost gets linked to him and that's it, said woman starts making headlines on her own. Flack and this Cara girl are the best examples. They weren't unknown before him, but they sure owe a lot of their new found popularity to him. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but every time one of these random articles comes out, I become more and more suspicious that there is in fact something being covered up. These girls help covering up whatever is really happening with Harry, and Harry helps them gain some more popularity. The Taylor Swift story is a whole another deal, but still there's something very odd about all of this.
- Oops someone needs to co-ordinate their PR better. Of course Heat would have gone to press before the Taylor story but they really should have been informed.
It is odd if nothing is going on between Harry and Nick that these three have stronger links to Nick, Caroline, with whom Nick was living at the time, Cara, who is very close to a couple of his close friends, and Taylor, who he has interviewed since 2009 and plainly gets on with, and has been mentioning frequently this week.
- R592, nothing yet. I work in magazine publishing and whilst I don't personally know anyone in editorial, a couple of friends do and have said they'll enquire if they can do so descreetly.
These particular magazines are well known celebrity titles that write about H/N/F every week. For legal reasons, they'll presumably know whats what.
If I find out anything and can share responsibily, I will.
- Could someone please start a new thread? Thanks in advance!