All Threads by Date
Maggie Gallagher: ‘The Obama Electorate Defeated Marriage’
Maggie Gallagher at 3:00 AM today announced that the “Obama electorate defeated marriage.” Gallagher, co-founder of NOM, the National Organization For Marriage, and all her right wing radical religious zealots, suffered what clearly is the worst loss in modern history for anti-gay marriage crusaders.
“Last night really is a big loss, no way to spin it,” she writes at the home of racism disguised as intellectual elitism, the National Review — where John Derbyshire and others used to make their living while peddling their anti-minorities hatred elsewhere.
And for once, Maggie is right. There is “no way to spin it.” Maggie Gallagher, Robert P. George, John Eastman, Brian Brown, NOM, the Catholic Church, the Mormon Church, the Knights of Columbus, The Bradley Foundation, and so many others were handed their hats and told to go home by voters in four states.
Of course, Gallagher is spinning it. “Real America” didn’t vote for same-sex marriage, just those who showed up: “The Obama electorate.”
“Real America,” in Gallagher’s eyes, stayed home.
Gallagher also warned that conservatives must “figure out how to win a much larger share of the Latino vote or the conservative movement could be over.” Well, good luck getting there.
The “truce” — Rove’s Crossroads strategy — is a clear failure. I think social issues are part, but only part, of a serious effort to appeal to Latino voters. We also need to show them we care about them by doing something about the DREAM Act, and religious conservatives should take the lead on this.
Why religious conservatives? Why must Gallagher slice and dice America into classifications? Why not say, “the DREAM Act is the right thing to do for human beings?”
“We were outspent eight-to-one — and no one was willing to speak for marriage, while the whole Democratic establishment and Hollywood campaigned for marriage,” she laments. Of course, no one actually believes those numbers. Gallagher and NOM have more cash than you or I could ever imagine. I’d say than God, but since the vast majority of their secret funding comes from that general direction (think, the Vatican and LDS) , well…
Again, “real America,” which does not include “the whole Democratic establishment and Hollywood” stayed home, didn’t vote, didn’t show up.
Gallagher and her anti-gay homophobic bigoted ilk will never, ever accept the fact that the real America did vote. And won.
- FUCKING CRYBABY CUNT!
Why is it nowdays that the FUCKING FRAUS are at the forefront of the hate campaign?
Gallagher for NOM, that fat bitch saying she'd be happy if Obama were assassinated, Malkin, Coulter, etc.
The Democratic Party is a fucking FRIEND to women, and yet these stupid cows are supporting Republicans - the party of coat hanger abortions and "rape is a good thing."
WTF is wrong with these bitches???
- Yet, the Republican party, while running and now after the loss, still condescends to Latino voters. I remember Ann's meeting with some Latino women voters. Presumably, since they were there to see her they were already Romney voters or leaning. But Ann saw fit to tell them that Hispanics need "put their biases aside." Huh? That sounded like an outright insult. Now after their election, their talking heads are spinning minorities as people who voted for Obama because they want handouts. Let's bookend things with insult #???.
Seriously, which way to they want it? There are only so many Cubans to go around. Do they want Latinos or not? 'Cause if they do, they're shooting themselves right through their entitled feet.
And, Latinos are starting to favor gay marriage. I saw a poll in the spring that put approval figures over 50%. The Democrats can work with that, the Republicans refuse.
- She is correct. So, from now on, no one is allowed to get married, because it has been defeated.
- She just has no neck at all. Extraordinary!
- I will say: We can be glad that the Mormons, because of their fears for Romney, sat out the marriage referenda this time around. The Catholic Church lacked the resources to do it alone.
- Is that neck the result of unfortunate genes or does she have goiter?
- Come on Maggie! Just because no one now wants to marry your corpulent, homophobic ass does not mean that the institution of marriage is completely dead.
- The Obama electorate? isn't that the majority of Americans?
- Why does she go around looking like that?
- She's beautiful. I'm getting a chubby!
- Don't think we didn't try to stop him! We're with you all the way in finding us disgusting!
- Actually, R2, not even the Cubans are with them... Obama garnered more Cuban-American votes than Mitt.
- She's diabetic and one of these fine days she'll have some toes amputated or maybe her foot or leg or clitoris.
Her son's a big musical comedy queen, although straight.
- Female arch-conservative activists are like the Log Cabin Republicans - they think they can rise by kissing the asses of power, and don't give a rat's ass about other women or gays.
As for why women would be so against marriage equality - they may see the status of "married woman" as the most empowering thing in their lives (poor things), and may see any change in the public nature of marriage as a personal threat. And if that's the case, it must KILL that bitch that her husband has walked out.
- She looks like a "Thumb Wars" character.
- Her pussy tastes like Pepsi-Cola.
- Hey Mags, just like Robert Murray, the chief executive of Ohio-based coal provider Murray Energy, and the Las Vegas CEO, and Papa John's owner who promised to terminate employees if Obama won, it's obvious your job is no longer warranted. We, The American People will now quote Mr Donald Trump and inform you... YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED! Have a nice day.
- Hi Maggie. You are a disgusting specimen, aren't you. Gay marriage will not destroy marriage, what the fuck are you on about. Marriages end in countries where homosexuality is not tolerated at all. You guys just want to blame others for your fuck ups. Take some responsibility and stop all that crap blaming it on evil and satan. You make your own choices and you are responsible for your own lives. I know the gays and lesbians are very important in your life, because without us you'd not have anyone to blame for the fuck ups you make, but it's time to grow up and let go. We sure as hell don't need you, so stop your dependency and obsession, it's unhealthy and disturbing.