- One last point on the idea of H&N being a cover for H/Flack.
I've never argued that H/Flack would be covered because it would be bad for H's image. I agree with everyone, a gay relationship would be seen as being even worse for H's image (given his job)
The only reason I believe H/F would be covered would be to afford them some privacy and protect F from further abuse.
- L Girl - I respect your opinion but I really am at a loss as to where you're getting your Flack ideas from. If it was still going on then there would be "insider tweets" from people like there are about Harry/Nick.
I've seen 0 evidence to suggest they are still together other than the fact that they separately arrived and left two parties this summer (one of which Harry arrived with Nick and left with Nick) which isn't saying much as they have many mutual friends.
And many of Harry's friends are getting sent hate because people believe he is in a relationship with them so why would he let that continue just to protect Caroline who has already proven she can put up with the hate.
- I agree with the reasoning, L Girl, I just don't think they'd use Nick, a gay relationship with a 10-yr age gap, and a guy with 1000 followers who works for Wonderland Online, to try and cover up something that would be that big. It makes no sense. They could use anyone to cover up Flack, there's no reason why they'd choose Nick Grimshaw.
If anything, it would be T-Swift.
Nothing in that interview suggested to me that they were still together. Weirdly, I thought Caroline acted a little OTT once, fanning herself, but otherwise it was the usual.
- Agreed with Links and J,plus if we are to think that H/F never broke up that would suggest them being together for over a year and how comes noone has seen them together? No matter how good they could be hiding,the press is more than interested in Harry's personal life and i don't think they could hide that well for so long,and anyway using Nick as a distraction makes no sense,not to mention most times H/N are together seems to be just the rwo if them.
- J, rationally, you're right. It's just a gut feeling I have. Hopefully I'm wrong and reading too much into insignificant events.
Links, I agree. There are more obvious (& less damaging) cover stories. Maybe I'm just trying to make sense of how gossipy the industry are being over N/H?
But then again, perhaps this is the norm with gossip of this nature? I've never, before, looked into a story like I have this one.
- Is there even any evidence that would suggest Harry and Caroline ever spent time alone together? From what I remember of "proven events" we had the first dinner that had many friends there, interviews, a club once with many other friends, the night Harry "spent the night" when Nick supposedly left after Harry did, and Harry getting dropped off by Caroline's sister.
With so much attention on them you'd think we'd have some date pictures but their relationship was only confirmed when it had ended. Their entire relationship takes place retroactively which is an easier sell I suppose because you can't prove it didn't happen even though there's no proof it did.
- The infamous blurry photos, J, which are clearly saved to the desktop of every newspaper journalist in Britain, awaiting their moments.
My problem is that supposedly when they most needed to be pictured together, they never were, but all we got were accounts of how they were seen here, there and everywhere. And now no one sees them together, there're no pictures of them together, but people still think they could be together?!
I'm not just saying you L Girl, btw, there's quite a few out there.
The lack of speculation over them being together, the fact that no one's replied to a single article from the papers about them being seen at the same party, just makes it a non-starter for me.
- I think we can all agree that the idea of Nick/Harry being a cover up for anything seems a bit ridiculous. There's too much at risk, both Harry and Nick's careers, not to mention the amount of hate Nick could get. A 28 year old man sleeping with the most popular teen idol at the moment? The fangirls would go insane. I personally think Nick and Harry are way less creepy than Harry and Caroline (too much Oedipus for my taste) but a gay relationship will always be more controversial for the fans (and their parents, who are the ones buying everything related to 1D)
As for Harry and Caroline, an interview doesn't say much to be honest. I've seen enough One Direction interviews to know that Harry can be disturbingly charming. He's one of those people that can have chemistry with pretty much anything with a pulse.
- The blurry picture doesn't even suggest they were alone though - it's a clearly posed photo (Caroline even looks like she's doing the pose as a joke). So it would suggest they were friends with the person who took it - does anyone remember the story behind where it came with?
And I agree with you R8 Harry's default face seems to be "I want to have sex with you" (look at him in the bathroom interview with Matt Edmondson) and so people assume he's flirting when he isn't and add that to the fact he's polite and pays attention when someone talks...
- where it came from*
- R8 As he says in the latest DM article (YOU magazine, it's out tomorrow, up on the website now), flirting has always been second nature to him.
- [quote]Harry's default face seems to be "I want to have sex with you"
Yeah - I still remember people being creeped out by the way he looked at his mother during a home visit on X Factor...
- I don't think there is any evidence out there that suggests H/F are still together,if there was the papers would have picked up on it and run a story about it.I don't mean to sound rude and i respect everyone's opinion but to me H/F seems highly unlikely for all the reasons stated above.Maybe it's because it never looked like a real relationship to me anyway or because i don't like Flack much but i don't see how they could still be a couple or Nick being a cover up,it's ridiculous.
- This is a very rude comment -
"I personally think Nick and Harry are way less creepy than Harry and Caroline (too much Oedipus for my taste)."
You can prefer Harry being with Nick without hating Caroline or being misogynistic about it.
- I can't work out if the poster is a fan or a media person or just someone who heard the rumor but her's another tweet
@AnnaSchoey: Turns our Caroline and Harry styles weren't dating it was in fact nick grimshaw and Harry! #knewit #bumfun
- This is probably gross stereotyping and a massive generalization, but in my past experience the guys that are most comfortable around women (like Harry) are not interested in them romantically/sexually. It takes the pressure off so he'd be able to carry a conversation and women are more receptive if they don't feel like a guy has a "goal in mind" when talking to them so that might explain why women fall all over Harry.
- The idea of Harry with Caroline Flack is simply ludicrous. How can anyone possibly think this? What I find most ridiculous is that everyone dismisses the thought that Harry and Louis are together, yet there are countless examples of their history together, not to mention their interaction with each other TO THIS DAY, not to mention the opportunities that they have to spend time together without anyone knowing. But no.... Harry MUST be seeing Flack. Delusional!
Now I'm not saying that H&L are together, I'm just saying that there is far more "evidence" of that possibility and/or the H&N possibility than there is of H&C.
Also, has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe Harry is "seeing" more than one person? Amusing to me that on a gay website, nobody has considered the possibility that Harry is involved with 2 or more people, maybe going back & forth? Sorry, I don't think Harry is straight. He's gay or bi, but right now he is into the boys. I think he might be going back & forth between Nick & Louis... would explain a lot actually. Let's try to remember that Harry is only 18!
And those bird tattoos... I read earlier that he told someone in an interview that they symbolize freedom. He needed TWO large birds on his chest to symbolize that??? I think there is definitely more meaning to those bird tattoos.
- I didn't make the comment, Q, and I agree we can comment without placing psychological questions on the pair ... but I don't have to like Caroline, her work or anything about her. I'm not going to be outright rude about her, or "hate on her", but quite frankly I can't stand her.
Anyway, if Harry's got issues, it's with fathers; his biological dad left and his mum's remarried twice since.
R15 Didn't take much notice of it myself, but only because she has minimal followers and used the phrase #bumfun.
R12 I don't remember that being said at all. I thought he was conscious of the fact that there was a huge camera crew, his bandmates and god knows who else surrounding them while they staged an intimate moment.
J - Nope, vaguely remember someone saying it was leaked from Caroline's instagram or something?
I completely agree re: Harry and women. I think I said last thread, it's interesting how women he's close to don't seem to view HIM sexually at all. He's just like a (best) friend. It's the impression I get from many of his school photos that float about, where he seems to be friends with mainly girls.
Of course, there are also photos of him kissing girls, so. Make of that what you will.
I do think there is a lessened pressure there; you can sense whether someone is flirting with a purpose or not and relax or tense either way. Harry doesn't make women tense, that I've noticed, in any way.
All the rest, but Niall, have sisters; I don't think you see them being received in the same way as Harry.
But do correct me if I'm wrong!
- "No im not a Larry shipper" but you probably are,aren't you? The tattoo argument kind of gave you away.Did you find this thread through tumblr and thought about crushing our party? If you have read previous threads you'll see that he have discussed the larry thing over and over and over again.
First of,the bird tattoos do symbolize freedom and are fairly common,unless he talks about it there is no reason to speculate on tattoos,he said it is for freedom and i believe him,you know sometimes people do mean what they say and there is no hidden meaning.
Noone said Harry is exclusively with Nick,i believe most of us think it's more of a FWB thing.And as for Louis,the boy have denied it,now i now this is a hard thing to swallow but how about give him a break yeah? There is no evidence that H/L are/were a thing,except from the staged gay,and if there weren't so many comments from the media regarding H/N i don't think we would be talking about it.I am not dismissing anything i'm just stating a few things.
- R17 I agree that Harry/Caroline seems incredibly slim.
If there's been something going on with Harry/Nick then it was most likely an open thing since there were other rumors about Harry though the sudden influx of gossip about the pair along with the "it's cute" suggest that it may have gotten more serious since Harry's gotten back from tour. Of course this is entirely speculation.
On the other hand, Harry and Louis haven't been spotted together outside of work since they've gotten back from tour. There are some suspicious things about Louis relationship with Eleanor but his insistence on spending all of his time with her and his constant straight forward denial of "Larry" makes it seem much less likely to be real than Harry/Nick.
Links - Are there pictures of Harry kissing girls other than the "tabloid commercial" one with Emily Ostilly? I mean, we know he dated girls when he was younger but that's common. A personal friend was actively pursued throughout our school years by girls even though many suspected his sexuality was otherwise and he dated a few of them.
- Q, I'm not hating on Caroline at all. And I don't see how my comment could be seen as misogynistic in any way. I am not attacking her, in fact if anything I am criticising Harry's relationship with women. I was just expressing my opinion about a relationship between a 17 year old boy and a 32 year old woman and how odd it seems to me. Anyway, I'm sorry if I was misunderstood.
- @ R19 Yes doll, I have read all the threads, including the Louis ass ones.
Louis has never actually denied anything :). Tweets and interviews on paper are obscure as there is no proof that he actually tweeted/stated such, or that his words weren't twisted. In ALL of the many opportunities that H&L have had in recorded interviews to deny a relationship, to say "I'm straight", to say "we are just friends and have never been together", they have never done so. Ever.
Here in this thread, Louis & Harry interact questionably and it's "stage gay". Harry & Nick go to a club together and suddenly the theme to "endless love" starts playing.
I'm not trying to start trouble, I'm as curious as the rest of you as to what the real story is... I'm just trying to make you see that you are not being as objective as you think and that honestly, there is not much difference between this thread and the Tumblr blogs.
I think Harry has feelings for both Louis & Nick and has some form of a relationship with both. Harry's age and personality fit this scenario quite well actually.
- J - I'm trying to think, but other than the tabloid commercial, no.
There was that strange story that popped up in heat (and elsewhere) of the girl who met him in a club, he told her he liked giraffes or something and then they snogged away until she went back to his flat ... and then it was never mentioned again. She was never named. She said she forgot her phone, or he forgot his, but ... generally a really odd story. No details, just that he was a good kisser and that she wouldn't tell them anything about the sex. Again, no pictures.
So that I can think of? Just the tabloid commercial thing.
We've never seen Niall kiss a girl either though. And I don't know if we've seen Liam and Danielle share one? Louis and Eleanor kind of; Zayn and Perrie definitely.
R17 The birds are a very common tattoo and yes they symbolise freedom, but he could mean from home; from school; from financial constraints ... it doesn't have to be romantic or rooted in sexuality.
- R22 I mean Louis very well could be less that 100% heterosexual - even in his most thorough denials of Larry he's never said anything about his sexuality. But you've not replied to what I said about how they've not been spotted together since they got back from tour or the excess amount of time Louis spends with Eleanor (more than what would be required for a beard especially when you compare it to the amount of time Caroline/Harry spent together) and Harry spends with Nick - neither seem conducive to Harry and Louis being in a relationship with each other.
Links - I remember that story. Seeing as it could be easily 100% fabricated I wondered why they thought it was worth publishing unless to cover up Harry's sexuality. If he was really the Lothario he's suggested to be then you'd think we'd have a thousand of similar stories.
Tattoos can literally be interpreted as ANYTHING unless Harry says what it is. I've heard they're maybe for Anne and Gemma (hence one being bigger than the other). The Larry theory is that Harry is the bigger bird and Louis the smaller - but then wouldn't the smaller bird be the one symbolically on Harry's heart? But you could make up anything and convince people it's true.
- R22 What do you call "Larry is bullshit" and "I have a girlfriend called Eleanor" and his calling the whole thing a conspiracy? Because I would call that a denial, doll. They've said they've never kissed (on film, both Harry and Louis); what sort of romantic relationship is this if they're not kissing, then?
The changing Harry's 'someone' to 'girl' I can believe; but changing whole sentences a person is saying, is just ridiculous. No journalist would print a story if they hadn't spoken to the person supposedly talking and were instead just told "print this" by some PR. At this point, fans are trying to suggest that we haven't heard a word from Louis for days at a time, because his tweets aren't him; print interviews aren't him.
You have to draw a line somewhere, where you realise that Louis IS saying these things and he is trying to get you to realise he's with Eleanor.
I have no illusions about Harry and Nick's relationship; I'm not saying it's Power of Love or whatever.
Also, why did you specify that you found it surprising that on a GAY forum it was strange no one had considered Harry was not monogamous with either? Not that we hadn't, but I find your phrasing a little condescending.
If there's a few people here that want to discuss Larry, then no one can stop you, but as far as I know you're the only one. In which case you'll be fighting a losing battle.
- I don't see why his interviews and tweets have to be twisted or made by the management or other people,yes he has never said anything about his sexuality but there is no evidence that he is gay,bi maybe.Even if some don't believd that Eleanor is a real girlfriend or something serious let's not forget his ex Hannah who he was with for over a year if i am right and there is no way that relationship was fake.
My opinion on Larry is that maybe there was something platonic but never went further than that,i really don't believe Calder is a beard for many reasons that i could state if anyone is interested in reading.
Also we have no gossip regarding H/L,if there was something i would expect people to speculate,especially is Calder was a paid beard!
- About the tattoos, they are very common. Strangely enough the birds on collarbones design has always been very popular in the skinhead community, particularly in the UK. My brother, who is straight, has the exact same tattoos. He got them when he was going through a street punk phase. So I doubt there's a hidden message about Harry's sexuality in that particular tattoo.
- What do you think Harry or Nick would say if someone asked if they kissed? The same answer as H/L gave.
Even the H/L denials are weasel worded denials (except in instances where the article is arranged to include a drop quote that is particularly misleading).
I'm here for H/N as I think that this is the likely pairing and personally I feel the more interesting one. However, it would be very unfair not to award time to the other angels of the story. Especially one that has been so contentious in the past.
- Zayn has admitted in an interview that he has kissed Liam though,he said they were just joking around and it happened so i don't see this as a taboo issue since we already have a confession from a fellow band member.
- False equivocation, r29. I'm not saying Larry is THE OTP, but I am saying that for our purposes we should consider just what kind of scrutiny N/H can stand up to. If we have to politic our way through the Larry discussion, we aren't doing ourselves any favours.
- This "Larry" anon keeps ignoring all of the things I'm saying. Tweets/interviews aside Harry and Louis have spent no time together outside of work since they've been back from tour that we no of. They haven't been spotted a single time. In fact they've been spotted out and about a lot but at opposite times.
Louis spends 90% of his free time with Eleanor - nobody spends THAT much time with a "management required beard". I'm not denying that management isn't pushing Elounor for some reason - see all the pap photos - but compare that to past beards/showmances of celebrity couples. Flying a beard out twice during the same tour and then sending them to France = overkill.
- L = J. Sorry for the typo!
- [quote] Tweets/interviews aside Harry and Louis have spent no time together outside of work since they've been back from tour that we no of. They haven't been spotted a single time. In fact they've been spotted out and about a lot but at opposite times.
That's the same logic we are applying to H/N. When H/N spottings are sparse it means something else? Remember that Larry spottings were also most often made by fans and not official media. I am not the only "Larry anon" here, nor would I even identify as one. I'm just another transfixed person neglecting their own sex life momentarily.
- [quote]nobody spends THAT much time with a "management required beard"
- I want to thank 33 for their honesty and self-awareness. To be fair, yeah, people speculate about H/N now for the same reasons they speculated about H/L in the old days, including BIs and ~industry rumors and ~look how much time they spend together/their families are friends/and so on. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.
- Long game Bearding is different. Right now they need the boys to seem available. I'm rather surprised they've publicized the relationship as much as they have - it seems like it's to ward off gay rumors whether or not they're true. Most people that don't follow the band tend to think Louis is gay.
If Harry and Grimmy continue not being spotted outside of work for 3/4 months then we can compare it to the Louis/Harry situation. And if they aren't seen together soon after Harry's arrival back home I'll reconsider their possible relationship. But as of now we have a seemingly true rumor (I don't know why the girl would lie) that Harry was in Primrose right before he left for America. And large gaps between Harry being papped which he could have spent with Nick (Louis was in Doncaster)
- Doesn't Lou Teasdale live in Primrose? I remember reading that when she was helping Harry and Liam look at houses a few months ago.
- No the Teasdales bought a house in East London a bit ago. She was just helping out as a friend.
- Thank you, Q. You author a nice post yourself.
For the record: I do think that H/N are together and I quite like it. I imagine Harry skiving off to have fun with Nick. I love the tweets that are collected here. But I will not stand for valuable contributions being shot down. It is not in good form to attack others that way. This is out of principle.
- I'm sure most people on here have seen this, but if you haven't...
(Doesn't mention or reference N/H but it's handy to have Harry interviews on this thread. And it's an interesting one!)
- J, would you really reconsider H&N's relationship If they are not spotted together as soon as H returns?
Given the recent press focus on their relationship and the constantly increasing underground gossip I would think they would continue to act as 'non couply' for as long as possible?
A continuation of the recent public avoidance between the two surely doesn't cancel out their behaviour over the last 12 months and the volume of info that supports this coupling? (correct me if I've misunderstood what you were getting at)
Even If they were never spotted together again, I think it's more likely to mean they have 'split up' rather than never happened in the first place?
It just seems to me that there is way too much to support this rumour for any future activity (new partners, gf rumours etc) or 'in activity' (for want of a better word) between Harry and Nick, to invalidate them now.
Re Harry pics kissing girls, I've never seen one. Tbh, I'm no sure how relevant they would be in determining his sexuality anyway? Someone posted, a few years ago, as part of a discussion on Nicks sexuality, that they had "known him at uni" and that "he had a gf for quite some time that he seemed into"
- After the Wonderland guy's tweet, it's going to take a lot to convince me that Harry and Nick are not together right now.
I doubt I'll ever be convinced that they never were though, given the amount of "confirmations" we've had.
- For what it's worth, I'll summarise my current position on the N/H/L situation:
I came into this even before the first N/H rumours surfaced believing that Harry was at least bi - I'd seen his interactions with Louis and unlike the Larry fans, to me it was clear that it was all rather one sided. Louis has demonstrated time and time again that he can have romantic relationships with females; he had 2 substaintial relationships (Mary I think his first girlfriend was called, then Hannah) before x factor and I'm pretty sure he dumped Hannah for Eleanor, as the two seemed to overlap and Hannah's brother hinted at this on twitter. Which explains their vagueness re: their anniversary.
His behaviour screams "straight" to me, as I do not assign sexuality based on stuff like appearance and speaking voice. And he spends far too much time with Eleanor for this to be a bearding situation. There may be HQ pics, but there are several blurry fan ones of them shopping, hanging out etc. His mother, mother's partner and sisters as well as people peripheral to 1D all treat her the way you'd expect a girlfriend to be treated.
On the other hand Harry had a brief long-distance relationship with Felicity Skinner when he was 15. She lived in Birmingham and one wonders how many times they actually saw each other... then we got reports of Harry hinting that he was a virgin before X Factor. He has allegedly slept with scores of girls, but the only 2 we keep being fed are Caroline Flack (which I believe was exaggerated for PR) and Lucy Horobin (which "Mr Horobin" said was 2 shags 3 months apart). I actually believe something did happen with both women (possibly not much more than a kiss and a cuddle) and this is why they are constantly recycled, as they are the only "evidence" of his straightness.
For a lothario, he spends very little time with women who aren't his relatives, old friends from school, work colleagues or Nick's friends. One of the reasons I'm drawn to Harry is because he very much reminds me of my best friend who is gay. I've known him since we were at university together, and in those early days he had girlfriends, but I now know that he never had full sex with any of them. He only came out in his early 20s. I'm not claiming to know what's in Harry's head, but while things like "think how much pussy you're going to get" or even flings with Caroline/Lucy (if they happened) suggest an inclination towards women, my friend above had actual girlfriends whose parents he met. Yet you'd struggle to find anyone less interested in women now, apart from detached comments like "gosh, she's so beautiful" in the cinema and the intense eye contact he makes with everyone (but may be confusing if you're a woman)
As has been said - Harry and Louis don't spend much time together outside work, as evidenced by Harry doing stuff with Liam in LA yesterday and Louis hanging out with Niall. There are so many other examples, e.g. of Louis in Doncaster with Eleanor seeing Ed Sheeran while Harry was in London. No real evidence for anything beyond close bandmate friendship except the ridiculous notion of "heart eyes" ( see my friend above - we've been besties for 10 years and even I have to look away sometimes, such is the intensity of his gaze).
Finally, there doesn't seem to be much in it for Grimmy if Harry is just someone he's fancied since X Factor. He's not a 1D fan, and has had "hot stupid models" before, so it's not like he can't attract potential partners - but since late last year he has been "Harrified" - which was pretty obvious from listening to his late night and early breakfast shows. And appeared to stop rather suddenly a couple of weeks ago, indicative of a deliberate attempt to halt the emerging rumours. But prior to this and even since then, all the stuff we've seen from Twitter etc (including friends/colleagues tweeting or referring to them as a pair) and the amount of time they've spent together suggests the H/N thing is and will remain an open secret. How serious the relationship is though is for another post!
- Thank you for a very interesting post, NW3. It makes a lot of sense and I agree with pretty much all you have said.
- R44, I second that.
- Thanks, R44 and L Girl! It honestly was meant to be a summary - don't know what happened there! I hit the word limit so had to edit it which I did by removing a couple of lines about my friend and the word charming, which was (and still is) often used to describe him. It doesn't suggest much, but I find it interesting that the same word is used to describe Harry by most people he meets, especially as we know they don't all end up in his bed...
- NW3, it WAS a great summary.
Yeah, "charming" is definitely used to describe Harry very often. He's generally sweet, polite, engaging and attentive, which all together can maybe be mistaken for interest, when most of the time it's not. I think his behaviour around Louis earlier and now around Nick is more indicative of what he's like when he IS interested. That is just my impression of course.
- NW3 i loved reading your post and i agree with everything you said,i wouldn't have said it better myself!
You said in the end that how serious the relationship is for another post,so could you write one? I've always been interested in reading people's on this specific subject as we thought it was more a FWB situation but certain things point to a more serious direction and you summarize things so nicely!
R47 i've thought about this too but we really don't know Harry,do we? So we cannot possibly know what he really is like around someone he likes.For me the fact that he spends all this time with Nick,even between breaks from work,tell me he likes him!You don't just spend all this time with someone who is just a friend!Also we have very little evidence of them when they are out together and in most occassion they would have expected to be papped so i suppose they would be cautious about it,especially if they are indeed involved.
- Hi R44 - Indeed, and his "charm" also fits in with Liam and Louis saying that Harry acted as their go-between with Danielle and Eleanor respectively.
Harry's people need to be careful that some of these articles don't act as a huge turn off to people. The one below for example, which appears to be an excerpt from the OK cover. I remember it from earlier this year, so it's certainly not new. But as such articles contradict the image he is/they are now trying to create (wanting a "steady" girlfriend, liking some girl who conveniently remains nameless) the entire publicity exercise could end up a confused counter-productive mess.
If I were Hackford Jones PR, I'd have Harry as the mysterious, intriguing one, possibly gay, possibly straight, possibly bi. Who may date celebs but could also date fans. With no regard to age, race, gender, size... There's a bit of that in Harry's responses to interview questions, but this is countered by articles like the one below cancelling out any ambiguity. And by stuff Harry says himself, perhaps guided by his "people". I don't blame him though - he's still very young, age and industry-wise.
- I second R48's request for your opinion on what kind of relationship it is (if it is), NW3!
Yeah, R48, we don't know him, so it's all speculation of course.
- NW3, yes, their PR can't really seem to decide on a consistent image they want to promote for Harry. It may be because they have too little "material," so they have to improvise somewhat.
Your suggestion of how he SHOULD be portrayed sounds lovely. I wish they would go with that.
I definitely don't blame Harry either. It must be difficult for him to know what the best course of action is and to resist any pressure from his "people," as you put it.
- Hi R48 & R50. I don't want to post anything too tinhatty, as I don't have much to go by. However I just use Nick's history of putting work and friendships before a serious relationship, Harry's inexperience (plus the fact that he may not be 100% certain about his sexuality), their busy work schedules, the fact that they both maintain that they are single but don't really seem to be "looking" and the fact that they often seem to not see each other that much (e.g. in May when Harry spent most of 1D's break between Holmes Chapel and LA, with only a few days in London) as suggestive of something that slipped from friendship into a thing in an unplanned manner, As Harry would say: "we started hanging out a lot, and... it just kinda happened"
I suppose Brokeback mountain is the best illustration of what I call a thing versus a relationship. If circumstances were different both parties may either not be friends at all or in a formal/serious relationship, but at the time in question they opt for this ill-defined "companionship" that has half their friends and aquaintances scratching their heads in confusion and the other half nodding knowingly..
But this is all guesswork based on my own experiences with no hard evidence whatseover!
What are your thoughts? I thought the comment on them being cute was just someone acknowledging that they are cute together, not confirming the seriousness of it. And few tweets seem to suggest dating or romance - if I remember correctly most of them just hint at them shagging. Which makes me think someone very close to both parties perhaps inadvertently let something slip, which has since propagated over time as the original source was reliable enough for those in the know to believe it.
- R44 - Yes I think the "too little material" is the issue here. For them to resort to that staged kiss with Emma Ostilly...!
I thought they spent quite a lot of time together in May?
H went for drinks with N the night he returned to the UK (before heading up north)
They were spotted having lunch together in nottinghill, spent the day with Annie Mac and then then the evening at a pub on another w/e.
They hand that dinner in Nobu, H spent time in the studio.
They were photographed shopping together in Selfridges on another day.
The went to the Kanye west gig together and H stayed over before flying back out on tour the next day.
And those are just the instances I noticed! (so would assume there was more?)
I've also seen a lot more tweets mentioning 'relationship' and 'dating' than I have 'shagging' etc.
Although that might just be because people feel that it's crude to term their 'thing' more 'descriptively' in their tweets?
NW3, agree with the rest of your post though.
- NW3, yes, they do seem to go through phases of hanging out a lot, then each doing their own thing. Harry seemed to travel to LA for no real reason when he'd just come back and Nick went on a holiday with his friends just when Harry got back. This in no way means I think they're not together at all, just that it is a bit of a loose attachment, not a formal one. Of course, they also can't exactly go on holidays TOGETHER, which is a pity, because I'd love to see that happen!
I agree though that they don't seem to be looking elsewhere, which implies that they are happy with whatever their arrangement is. There are things that make me think they may be serious about each other and then others that make it seem more like a friends with benefits situation.
Yes, most of the tweets don't really suggest a grand romance. That may be because of the source's impression or extent of knowledge of the situation or it may be correct. It's unclear to me.
Yes, a staged kiss definitely implies they're a bit desperate.
- Hi L Girl. Yes they did meet up a few times as you say, but then Harry went of to Holmes Chapel and then to LA, which of course doesn't mean they were "off" during that period. Their contact just seemed a bit more intermittent than I'd expect for a serious relationship, but then I suppose one could say the same for any couple in the entertainment business. The contact they had in August was very suggestive of a serious relationship though - after Nick returned from the Edinburgh fringe they were together practically every day until Harry went to LA. I suppose I'm just trying to make sense of any clear gaps in their contact.
I started searching twitter for H/N early this year and the talk then was definitely of a sexual relationship, though this means nothing as it was early days then, and in any case it all depends on the tweeter in question. For example someone who likes them might say they are dating and it's cute etc, while someone who doesn't would use dismissive crude language.
IF they really have something more than friendship I'd like to think it's something serious, and if I'm being honest I flip between both scenarios all the time. And I've not completely ruled out straight Harry either, maybe because I've always wanted Grimmy to end up with Mika!
- R44/50 - I posted before your R55 post appeared on my timeline. You've explained what I just posted in R56 but better! And I like the word "arrangement" - I'll use it in future instead of "FWB" which a few people seem to dislike..
- NW3, I have no firm view on the nature of their relationship apart from the view that it is not/was not purely platonic.
I like the idea of it being 'romantic' but that's just because I am a romantic!
I also have no firm view on H's orientation other than that I, personsly, would rule out him being 100% straight.
If we disregard the whole Nick rumour, stuff like the Canadian boy's story and tweets like the 'gay triumvirate' one from an online journalist lead me to believe he is at the very least curious...
- L Girl - Indeed, and his obvious attraction to Louis. The boys have said that Harry is the most "perverted" of them all; goodness knows what perverted means in their teenage brains.
Btw when I said "straight" Harry I meant him ending up with a girl, not him being 100% straight. Which like you I've almost completely ruled out!
- NW3, I remember the 'perverted' quote!
I've always thought that it could be teenage speak for 'experimental' (as in with different genders)
- Haha, NW3, I'm glad you liked my post and the word "arrangement."
I, too, think I've pretty much ruled out Harry being straight for myself. That doesn't mean I can't be wrong of course.
- Are The Mirror suggesting Harry and Flack are 'a real thing'
See article, particularly the ** part!?
- No L Girl - why would you think that? They've just made an article from the comments about it being an awkward interview (as you'd expect being interviewed by one's alleged ex)
I didn't think it was that awkward anyway. Caroline is a terrible interviewer and when that's combined with Harry often seeming ill at ease in the hustle and bustle of 1D group interviews...
Compare that with the itunes interview with Grimmy where he seemed almost giddy, talking more than usual and looking like he could be there all day. In last night's interview he looked like he couldn't wait for it to be over. But I've seen that look in other interviews, so it's not neccessarily a reaction to Caroline.
- I'm starting to feel like I watched a completely different interview! Maybe it's because Harry acts that way in so many of their interviews, that I don't pick up on a change. I agree there was an elephant in the room, in that people might have expected the subject to be talked about, but what exactly were they going to say? As NW3 says above, compared to the iTunes interview, Harry just seems to be in an interview he'd rather not be in.
I think the ** is in reference to how magazines often get in "body language experts" to confirm what they're writing; less likely, but possible, is the fandom tendency to talk about being body language (and anything else under the sun that might add weight to a theory) experts.
To be fair, I don't think they imply that Harry and Caroline are still together? They don't even really reference the relationship and how it ended, just how it's awkward for them because of the situation.
NW3 - great summary posts! Agree with almost everything you said, actually. Your reasons for why you can't see Louis as a serious contender, especially, say what I've been trying to express very well.
It's not a case of "I just really want it to be Nick and I'll ignore everybody else"; more a case of "I just don't think it's Louis".
- NW3, I thought the...
' ** this is a real thing'
part could be referring to H&Flack?
But reading the piece again, maybe they were referring to 'body language experts' when they wrote 'this is a real thing'?
- Links, just seen your post. If you also interpreted the ** as referencing the body language experts, I'll go with that explanation!
That was the only part that made me think The Mirror was getting at something.
- The Extra interview with 1D was cut just before Caroline was fanning herself, Harry covering his eyes and Louis laughing. It was prerecorded so it might just have been it was too long an interview, something mentioned couldn't be shown or many other reasons I suppose. So we'll never know why they were acting like that or what was said.
- Thanks Links! And I agree with your earlier posts too. I understand why Louis calls it a conspiracy theory as that's what it's become - refute everything that doesn't fit in with the theory and attribute it to "management".
L Girl - Indeed, I thought they were referring to body language experts, as Links said. It's just yet another lazy tabloid article!
- Apparently on T4 listen, 1D were briefly mentioned twice in association with the Xfactor and Scouting For Girls who wrote a song for them and Matt Edmonson who was presenting with Nick discussed the group using their royalties to build a house in the shape of Harry Styles.
This will be on E4+1 at 2.30pm , but I don't think it has any significance only a joke. The group and Harry are bound to get mentioned from time to time with the nature of his job.
- NW3, I love that you described Harry as almost "giddy" during the iTunes interview, because that is the exact word I used about it in the previous thread. He really was!
- James Arthur's into the Flack, then!
- I loved reading everyone's thoughts on the nature of the H/N relationship,i'll go with Harry's quote that NW3 mentioned "it just happened".I think because of all the free time they had this summer(yes they had recordings etc but they were in England,no shows or travelling around)N/H grew closer and possibly started a FWB thing,i believe Harry likes experimenting and i don't think Nick would let that chance go by since Harry seems to be his type(young etc).Now i'm a romantic type of person and i like to think that at some point it became more than FWB but even if this is the case,i don't think they are in a serious relationship,even if they wanted to both know how hard that'd be and a definite way for a heartbreak.I do believe though that if things were different(Harry not being the super popstar thst he is)they would try for something more serious
- May i add one last thing,some of the tweets we're getting such as the one from the guy who claimed to have personal connection to their PA and said "i've been keeping this a secret for a long time" or the "are they STILL boning" tweet suggests that whatever they have has been going on for quite a while like many here have suspected.
- L-girl: I more meant, if he gets back and we go a period of time without anyone spotting them then I'd reconsider the current state of their relationship not what might have happened in the past .
A lot of the tweets and the gaps in them spending time together would imply something less serious at the start (FWB, open relationship) but MAY have become more serious recently since most tweets refer to it as a relationship (though it may still be open since H is touring).
Someone mentioned Harry's recent trip to LA as a sign that maybe the Harry/Nick thing isn't serious, but he was only gone a day and a half and specifically a monday which suggests he was on business since he had the weekend off as well and could have spent that in LA which would have been easier if visiting friends who have jobs but instead spent the weekend with Nick (the infamous spinach pie dinner)
- J, I agree that he didn't spend a long time in LA...it was an odd trip overall. I just thought it was strange timing if he knew Nick would be off on holidays shortly after. For all I know it may have been something he HAD to do in LA right then...an appointment that could not be postponed etc...
I don't think it's an indication that their relationship is not serious really, just that their actions could sometimes imply that, but we do not have the complete picture.
- I believe that it started out casual but then it grew into something more, which suprised them both. We have evidence in form of pics of Harry leaving Nick's flat early in the mornings, often looking quite cross that he's been caught doing so.
The clothes sharing (yes it doesn't have to mean anything more than friendship but it's a bit weird that Harry would wear Nick's jumper the day after Nick wore it himself...and the fact that rumors say Harry slept over at Nick's that night before the lads fm radio show).
Nick often talked about his "friend" on the radio who he'd cooked for and they'd watched x-factor together and so on. But then it kinda stopped and I can't see any other reason then the fact that the press/media started to question his relationship with Harry. So now they have to hide their meetings and that's a shame, cause' they do look really happy together and I want to see more of that.
- J do you mean that if we go a long time without anyone spotting them you'd think that they have "split up" or generally ended whatever they had going on between them?
- J, thanks for clarifying.
- R76 Completely agree with everything you have said, i don't look into things like clothes sharing but the fact that he wore the jumper a day after Nick did is quite interesting. It does make me sort of sad that Nick is not as open as he used to be on his radio show about what goes on in his life, I do believe since the sudden media interest he is definitely holding back. He used to have no filter on his night time show which I really enjoyed. And I agree that they do seem really happy in each others company!
Watching Grimmy's last show was really what started my interest in them both, I thought to myself, hang on these two seem closer than i thought? It's great to watch back.
- Yeah, R79, that last nighttime show was great and they did come across as very close in it.
- R77 To put it bluntly: yes - It makes sense that they would tone down their reactions in recent weeks due to all of the press speculation, but both seem to be inherently social people so if they aren't spotted at any group outings together for awhile then I would consider that whatever it is between them might have ended.
I don't think it's likely that they have "split up" whatever they are yet though because as stated the Harry in primrose spotting (and him looking VERY cheerful at the airport) and the tweets between Rita Ora and Nick.
R75 I think you might be thinking of Nick's holiday after the VMAs (though Harry did spend a couple days extra in LA) as he didn't go on holiday after Harry's personal one day trip to LA - the weekend after the LA trip was the LadzFM and Teen awards. I think the VMA/Nick's Ibiza trip might just have been bad luck because of work/what time they had off: though Harry made sure to make it home for Nick's last late night show.
- J, wow, you're right I was mixing up the LA trips...I'm sorry. Ignore my comments on the subject then, haha!
- J - Disregarding whether or not they are romantically/sexually involved for a moment; I would be hugely surprised for them to actually stop interacting socially. Since last year, Harry has met nearly all of his friends (Fifi, Pixie, Gillian, Henry (at the last show, possibly before?), Kelly, Aimee and more besides who we don't know) and been seen out with a few of them without Nick (i.e. Aimee and Kelly, off the top of my head). He's met Nick's parents and Nick's met his, as well as other family members.
So I would be hugely surprised - and it would be a huge loss for Harry, I would think - for them to then sever almost all ties. And it would be really odd after about a year of friendship.
- J same anon who asked for clarification earlier,and i agree with you buf let's not forget that they are friends above all and their families are close as are their other friends,it's not only H/N hanging out so i find it hard to believe that they would fall off(is that the right expression?)one day,they do seem very good friends regardless their possible sexual involvement and,like you said,recent tweets exchanged between them and their friends show that they are still friends or anything else but definitely in contact.Also judging from what we know about them,they don't really seem to care about rumors/gossip and if they are keeping a distance at the moment i believe it's due to a PR involvement asking them to tone it down,not so much a choice made by them.In all such cases i believe it's the PR/management that gets affected since there is money in risk and not so much the people.
Personally it'd be a bit sad to see them ending,more than anything i love how two people seemigly different met and became so close,reminds me of a close friendship of mine i guess.but we'll see what will happen!
- Nick just posted up an Instagram of Aimee's birthday party.
Completely irrelevant, really, obviously nothing to do with Harry.
Although I do wonder at times like those if he wishes he could be doing things like that, rather than doing television appearance, answering banal interview questions. Obviously, he probably loves the job and the benefits, but I can't imagine it entirely makes up for missing certain events with your friends.
This applies to other things he probably misses, with different friends, not just Nick/Aimee etc.
- Links - I agree! If they were to sever all ties it would likely be indicative that they did have a relationship that ended since Harry seems to have wormed his way into their friend group quite a bit and it would be odd for them all to suddenly stop interacting.
R79 the jumper sharing was actually on the same day. Harry was wearing it when they arrived at the studio in the morning (in Nick's car) and then when they left the studio Nick was wearing it. And we know it was Nick's sweater because he wore it a few days prior.
Make that what you will... Matt Fincham has stayed at Nick's before because they had a late night out and Nick's house is close to the studio - and then Matt wore Nick's clothes the next day. So, it could have been just as platonic to have Harry sleep over and wear his sweater the next day.
- Was that after the unplanned late night team outing to Groucho?
If so, they really went on about him wearing his clothing if I remember.
A 'subtle' attempt to point out how clothes sharing could be innocent was my take on that.
- L-Girl: Yup. And there's been another time since then. I don't think the team wearing his clothes itself was planned, but Nick continuing to bring it up over and over again could easily be a defensive reaction to all of the people cornering him and asking him about Harry/clothes-sharing.
- I love how Nick looks at Harry in that clip...in the beginning before he introduces him and while Harry's asking the questions Nick gives him quick glances every now and then. and the smiles they give eachother.
ah, the love.
- It did seem a bit forced at the time, L Girl. I do think that his team wear his clothes every now and then though, but in specific circumstances.
I think Harry and Nick sharing clothes is only significant when combined with everything else...i.e. in context.
- R70 - I may well have nicked the word giddy from your earlier post, but I did think that when I watched it all those weeks ago!
R73 - One of the first H/N tweets I saw was in February this year and the seemingly in the know tweeter said that H&N were seen "snogging" in Shoreditch house. I later saw another tweet saying they were spotted being "kissy" in Shoreditch house which I assumed alluded to that earlier tweet, unless it happened twice. If both tweets were true (and why would someone make up something like that?) it does mean that whatever happened/is happening started early this year/end of last year.
R79 - Thanks for the final show link. I watched it on the night and have seen it a couple of times since then, and always smile at the bit near the start when Harry launches himself on Nick and someone in the background (a producer?) alerts him to the fact that the cameras are on. I wonder if this was his usual pattern when he arrived - jump Nick, playfight, throw a few friendly punches? Like R76 and I'm sure most of the regular posters here I really miss the free-ness of Nick's night show :(
Links - I always think that when I see pics of Nick and his friends doing fun stuff without Harry. I'm sure he's having fun in LA, but there have been times when the boys have been abroad that I've thought Harry looked a bit left out. Niall socialising with the band, Liam and Louis with their friends/girlfriends, Zayn with his duvet, Lou and Tom back in London... I'm sure he's more than capable of entertaining himself (e.g. doing stuff with Cal, playing golf) but still... Somewhat related to that, the day 1D did the twitcam in August, he looked like he wanted to be elsewhere and then looked so happy later on walking up the street to film the TeamGrimmy ad.
J - I thought Finchy staying over and wearing Nick's clothes and them making a point to mention this on the show was a way to offset the talk on tumblr about Nick/Harry sharing clothes. But as you say it's probably something a lot of his platonic friends do.
- L Girl,yes it was after that night,the one where they all left pretty late and the next there were a bunch of articles talking about how Nick hasn't yet adapted to his new job etc.
My take on that is the same as yours actually,i think this all happened after the first articles for clothes sharing came out so it makes sense that they would try and make it seem like an innocent and friendly gesture,they did instist on how not only Fincham but the rest of the team all wore Nick's clothes bc they stayed out till late and then slept at his place which i found suspicious,especially combined with the H/N clothes sharing articles.
If the way we view this is correct then for me it's another "confirmation" that the clothes sharing thing in N/H case isn't so innocent.
- There was so much warmth between them in that video, R89...very sweet.
- This thread is moving so fast! I suppose we have to get all our thoughts in before the site gets "too busy" for us peasants. You have all echoed my thoughts on the Finchy clothes sharing mentions - great minds etc!
R89 & R93 - Indeed!
- NW3, there were actually photos of Harry on the phone from yesterday or the day before, where he looked quite annoyed or upset, so I do think he is not always enjoying these trips. I agree though that he is quite capable of entertaining himself and loves his job in general.
"Giddy" really just seemed like an appropriate description, yes!
- R92, agree.
NW3, that's interesting about the Shoreditch tweets? The tweets i saw about H&N being seen 'all over each other' in Shoreditch house were from the beginning of January?
Implies that there was more than one instance unless everyone is referring to the occasion referenced in my tweet?
- r56, Funny you say you picture Nick Grimshaw with Mika as I have always fancied Mika the thinking man's Harry Styles!
- Mabye it's just me (beacuse I tend to focus on Harry because he's my favorite) but doesn't he seem a bit left out by the other boys quite often? I don't know how they act behind closed doors but in interviews and stuff Harry always gets a bit ...ignored by the others.
To me they often look bored when Harry's talking and start talking to eachother WHILE Harry's still talking which I find a bit rude. They also tend to interrupt Harry before he's even finished with what he was about to say.
The Scott Mills ustream thing is a great example.
And when they were talking about jokes and stuff and they boys started to push Harry to make a joke saying he's really funny, you could hear the sarcasm in their voices.
I don't know, it just makes me kinda sad because Harry seems like such a nice young lad, but he often comes across a being lonely while being away, although he's with his friends and bandmates.
- In regards to Harry not enjoying these trips,i bet it must be tiring and it's not the best being away from your family and friends but i bet he can entertain himself like others stated and he sure loves his job as well as ths money,fame and other advantages coming along with it.
That said,i have noticed that Harry is the one always doing something with his phone,texting friends from home maybe? Nick has said that they keep in contact and text each other very often and remember at Nick's first week on the breakfast show during Liam's call where he said Harry sent him a funny picture of something that happened? So he seems like the type of guy who keeps in contact with his friends at all times and obviously missing them.
- R70 - I saw them (lovely pics!) but I tend to think he's fine in LA because of Cal, but that's assuming Cal is around and free. LA seems the place he's happiest away from home, and I wonder if this is because he has a 2nd family there (Cal, Jen and their dog) a bit like Tom/Lou in London.
L Girl - I came across the two tweets I mentioned in february and I think July respectively, and they were from 2 different people. None of them mentioned them being "all over each other" - they used exact the wording I used - which means there were at least 3 tweets on the subject! Possibly all referring to one that one encounter, though they may have been seen by more than one person. But it sounds like something suss did happen that night. Maybe that's where ALL the rumours came from?! Haha!
- R98, you're not alone in thinking that. Though Zayn seems to try to include him/cheer him up somewhat, I do think he often seems a bit left out, even in photos. I agree about them interrupting him in interviews as well or jokingly mocking the fact that he he is not a particularly fast talker. I personally think he is interesting to listen to because he's a bit quirky and these interruptions often rob us of something unique he might say.
He doesn't seem to mind generally though and I hope that is his true reaction and he is not secretly lonely.
- something i noticed which i don't think has been mentioned on here was on the day Nick wore the orange coat, it could be seen on the back of his chair on webcam on radio 1, but when he played live while we're young he put it on. Maybe he was just cold, but he definitely put it on to play the track.
- NW3, you're probably right about him feeling quite at home in LA. I was just surprised by these photos because he looked so annoyed, but he was fine later on.
- NW3 i don't think all the rumors are coming from that one time(assuming it was just one time)they were reported to be all over each other etc,many of the people on twitter have stated personal PA or PR or a person close to them as their source of information and why they are so certain about it,rathen that saying they saw them together somewhere.
- I think NW3 was joking?!
- I've heard that Harry's not feeling so well at the moment, some fans outside their hotel said that his back hurts + he's got the flu.
and of course Larry shippers say that Louis had a cold last week so we all know how Harry got sick.
Jesus help me.
- I was actually wondering about his back after that piggyback ride for Niall...as cute as it was, it can't have helped.
Poor Harry anyway though.
- He does seem to have a bad back; he stoops more than anyone I've seen!
It must suck to be away from home when you feel ill, though. I can't enjoy a holiday when I feel sick, let alone when you're kind of on a holiday, but still doing loads of work + performing and the exhaustion from travelling.
R106 They were playing tonsil hockey, it is the ONLY solution to this mystery!!
NW3 was definitely joking (although what a plot-twist that would be ...). But no, obviously these rumours are coming from multiple sources, though who knows how many. The thing is, people have to know in the inner circle; and once a couple of people let slip to their friends, who in confidence tell their friends etc. etc. it stops being a secret. If that is indeed how this has got out into media circles.
Plus if Nick tells a couple of people, who aren't as discreet as they could have been ... maybe Harry does the same ... it's impossible to keep things completely secret, unless you ensure that absolutely no one knows, except perhaps some really zipped people. And that's not possible in their line of work.
Watching that last show is very bittersweet if you were a fan of the night time show. I really enjoy the breakfast show, and I'm actually hugely glad that there's something that appeals to me and my taste in music/humour on at that time in the morning now (I listen as I get ready for work and then on the commute). But there is a lack of freedom that he had on the night time show, which I will always miss. Then again, it's his dream, I wouldn't be down on that for the world. And I think it would be hard for him to think that all the fans he built up in those years don't enjoy what he does now (though I'm sure they do, even if at times they're drowned out by Harry-fangirls).
Re: Harry being left out. In the past ... few months, I guess, since some of the later US/Aus interviews maybe, I've had that impression. I think on the others part, it's frustrating to constantly be asked about Harry's "exploits". If true, it must just be boring for them; if untrue, they probably don't much know what to say, or appreciate having to keep up the hype of something which (let's be honest) damages some of the credibility they might have.
Harry is funny, in my opinion, but he fits in more with Zayn's humour and maybe Niall's a little; than that of Louis and Liam. And Louis is the loudest and pushes his humour to the forefront. His humour is also more appealing to their fanbase, as it's more straight forward. Zayn has come out with some really dry and funny comments in the past, but they get lost in everything else.
NW3 said nice pictures of Harry in LA - I don't like to go too much into Harry facial-appreciation, but he's got a mouth on him, hasn't he?!
- Also, a blind comment appeared on H&N in mid December (source quoted as someone's flatmate that works in TV)
So, before the Shoreditch tweets.
- L Girl - do you know where the blind comment was located? I have seen a couple, but I don't think either go as far back as Dec ...
- I just like a guy with dimples and Harry's got a great smile + dimples (well a left dimple).
and if that pic of him naked facing a window is really him...he's got dimples at the bottom of his spine as well! raawr (:
there's just something about dimples man...
- I saw the comment think it was 15th December on Ds
- Let's not forget the articles full in innuendos,to go as far as make such articles you have to be sure of the information you have,it wasn't another Harry womanizing story but something that could be damaging if untrue,personally those articles persuaded me that whatever H/N have is more than a friendship or something platonic.
- R111 Unfortunately wasn't him; turned out to be taken by a woman in Poland and posted on Flickr! I don't know how people found it or thought it was Harry; or why they said Zayn tweeted it. There's another shower photo, which as far as I know is fake, but is still doing the rounds.
Harry did leak his own, selfie nude though. Full-frontal. I think most people accept that was definitely him now.
(Some believe it was sent to Louis, in fact, and then hacked off of his phone.)
Allow me a moment of silliness, but I do love it when Harry's really smiling or laughing, he looks lovely. Not really my type exactly, too sweet and young-looking, but lovely all the same.
- R114 The curious thing about the nude picture to me is that the picture released was taken by a girl off a laptop (you can see her reflection in it) and so most people assume he had sent it to a (fan)girl but wouldn't she just upload the original if it was sent to her? So really we have no idea who the picture was sent to or how someone got access to a laptop that contained the photo. (And even him sending a nude pic to a girl at the age of 16 doesn't necessarily mean he's 100% hetero now)
I wouldn't COMPLETELY rule out Harry having sent it to Louis though even if he did it may just have been a joke since he has no problem stripping off in front of the boys.
- Links, it was on one of the digital spy blind gossip threads.
The poster didn't post regularly. They posted a blind about Gary Linekar a few months later and said that both this and the H&N blind came from the same source (their work mates flatmate who worked in TV)
They also said they rarely got info like this but when they did, it was always quite scandalous.
- The comment from 15th december I saw on DS was only discussed briefly, then I saw nothing more on there until 8th Feb when Harry was linked to Pixie at Shoreditch house, but of course one of the pics in the article was of Pixie and Nick and there wasn't a pic of her with Harry at all.
- Links, I don't know if you're referring to him mentioning he had a bad back or not. If not, then yeah, he has does seem to have problems with it on and off.
I agree it is really unpleasant to be sick while far away from home! Poor guy.
- R104 - I was joking, as Links and L Girl said! And yes Links, he does have a gorgeous mouth. Plus his puppydog eyes... he does look scaringly underage though! I wonder if this is why he gets all those tattoos, to look more manly?
Be right back - off to watch sunday night telly :)
- This is probably not important at all but i thought i'd mention it.A while back someone made a post on tumblr that their mother's friend worked at the Olympics and that she heard from inside gossip there that Harry is gay and it is apparently confirmed.Now i know that tumblr is the less trustworthy place and the poster was a fan but didn't "ship" Harry with anyone or seemed particularly interested in him so i don't think that was a lie,after all we've seen people discussing Harry being gay before.Just thought i'd mention this :)
- Thank you, R120, I had not heard that before. It's difficult to know if something like that is true, but it's just one more potential source of confirmation.
- One thing that makes me think he may be gay as supposed to bi is the interview where he say 'him'
I know some people think he says 'em' but to me, it definately sounds like 'him'
Would be interested in what others on here think he says?
- Someone wrote this about attending the itunes festival
so i was at itunes festival last night and basically i was at the barrier stage-right which means i could see perfectly nick and annie up on the balcony stage-left watching/doing the 4music filming and um okay there are a few harry/nick things i need to sob about
nick and harry interacted a lot especially in breaks between songs when harry would wander to the side and idk if they were having covert conversations or conversations with their eyes or what but ;____;
harry also sang at him a lot oh god esp during everything about you and gotta be you and one thing fuck he also looked for him during wmyb but he was doing a filming bit so
then ugh g o d okay when harry did his impression of niall/irish accent i am 99% sure nick swore at him as in stuck his fingers up at him and then harry laughed at him !!!!!!!!! so all i can deduce from this is that NICK POSSIBLY HAS A THING FOR HARRY’S IRISH ACCENT and he was not okay h e l p
i am NOT OKAY
also during one thing harry threw a snowball at nick and it was adorable and i sobbed
also jsyk harry was generally happy throughout the show like he was directly in front of us a lot and he was smiley and happy and jumpy and making funny faces at us so
but there was a random small amount of time where he looked epically sad and i don’t know if that’s anything to do with anything but hey
anyway i quit life
- I really can't tell for sure, L Girl. I tried!
- R123 Haha, what an interesting post... I did read other posts about the itunes fest that Harry kept wandering to side of stage. Adorable if this is true.
- L Girl,i'm not a native english speaker but i played that bit of the interview many many times and even made my friends listen to it(pathetic i know!)and we all agreed that it sounds more like "him" rather than "them" or "em".I think this hasn't been discussed before but it would be interesting to see what others think too,i suppose most posters here are indeed native english speakers so able to make out his accent better than myself!
- Most people say that Zayn is the most good-looking one out of the boys but I def think it's Harry.
He's got the smile, the dimples, the hair, the eyes. He's got really tall this past year... and he's got better legs than me, thin and long.
I do like the fact that he's started to wear skinny jeans now instead of the baggy ones he used to wear(:
- L Girl and others - I definitely heard "em" in that interview, and he has said "them" like that in other interviews. I think more suggestive of anything is the way he uses "a girl" when asked certain questions, e.g. "the first time I had sex with a girl".
R127 - I agree, Harry's the best looking of the 5 to me, but I understand why people prefer Zayn.
- To add to the subject, I too think he said him: he makes the same wide-eyed face he does when he's "shocked" right after he realizes what he said. He wouldn't have made that face if he had said a variation of "them".
- Yeah Zayn is the most "typically" good-looking one out of them but Harry's the one in my taste as well.
- Yeah, NW3 and R127, I also think Harry is the most beautiful, followed by Zayn.
Has he really said it that way, NW3? That would very interesting and suggestive indeed.
- I saw that post! She IS sort of a shipper (although doesn't get involved in discussions or anything that I've seen) and did go to iTunes, as she had a picture with someone. So I think she was honest. Very sweet! Although the Irish accent thing is, I think, that he was copying Nick's old Annie Mac impression of KLAXONS ARE MASSIVE.
The thing with Harry is there are SO many rumours; even if you ignore what's on Tumblr, there's more out there. There must be some truth to it? Whether he's with Nick or not.
I agree L Girl - before I listened to it, I expected it to sound like "'em" because usually these things are almost deliberately misheard, but all I can hear is "him". I'm sure there's an "h" in there.
- J, the face may well be more of an indication than what is actually audible, you're right.
- what interview is this from? I don't think I've seen an interview where he's said "him". But if he did that's quite interesting indeed!
He always seems so non gender-specific in interviews with his "someone".
- NW3, I remember you saying that before but I'm convinced it's a 'him' I can hear an H! (I'd play it to my flatmate if I wasn't so embarrassed)
I think Harry is middle of the pack in terms of attractiveness. He certainly has something but he's not classically handsome in my opinion. He improves vastly when he smiles.
- NW3 i've noticed the way he uses the word "girl" too.He was asked in another interview what would a perfect date be and his reply started with "if i was in a date with a girl" which leaves room for us to think that there is a chance he could be on a date with a boy too,right?!
Also the infamous Call or Delete to Sam where she found it oh so normal that Nick would be interested in Harry and instead of saying something like "it cannot happen/he likes girls" or whatever she asked him if he is getting vibes from Harry that he is into him too which suggests that Harry wouldn't be opposed to the idea getting in a relationship with a man.
- Not significant, but an amusing twitter exchange:
- In the interview he did with Niall the interviewer asked what's a major turnoff for him and Harry said: "a turnoff for me in a girl...is spitting"
like he just as well could answer what turnoffs in guys he has. just saying.
- Yeah,true, that one I remember, R138.
- Zayn is far more my type looks-wise; I prefer Harry's style. And when they get his hair and everything perfect, he looks great. I thought he looked his best in the Matt Edmonson interview! He's got very good skin when it's cleared up.
But as someone else said, he can look scarily young, even for an 18 year old. Which is, actually, why I sometimes doubt Caroline's interest in him; not so much the age itself, but I don't know many women (my age or older) who would find someone who LOOKS so young attractive? Each to their own, but I definitely questioned it at the time.
- He looks about 12 on the cover of Teen Vogue.
It's the fringe! (he looks older when he pushes it under the beanies)
- I don't know why everybody here think Harry is feeling alone in the band. He is a very good friend of Louis, isn't it? They used to live together and even now we don't know for sure if they are not sharing the same flat. Harry didn't move in his new house, so he must stay somewhere, no? Don't be fooled by Louis/Harry lack of free time together. Please tell me in the last year, how many times were they seen together doing something/anything? This is rather suspicious for two best friends living together (them not having any public activivity just the two of them). I mean nobody forced them to share a flat, no? So their apparent coldness toward each other is staged, to stop the rumours, if you ask me. Behind close doors they are the same good friends. Come on in one of their US concerts Harry sang to Louis :"I love you more than Stan". If this is not a good friendship, I don't know what it is. Harry isn' feeling alone and sad in the group, so stop the pity party! (Sorry for the poor english)
- when Harry smiles/laughs he looks really young. Like X-Factor young. and at times he can look really grown up as well, it's an endearing feature though.
- R142 i'm pretty sure Harry has moved to his new house for quite a while,there was a pic of Liam at his living room(people compared the backround in liam's pic with the pics we got from the inside of Harry's house),his car(s) were seen parked there and in a interview recently they stated clearly that they no longer live together,also Louis said so in the Now interview,also Harry stayed with Lou and Tom for a while in May/beggining of the summer.Also Nick has stayed over.
I don't think Harry feels lonely in the band,the boys all seem to love each other and get along pretty well,i think he was just caught in a moment where he wasn't feeling too well,happens to everyone!
- R144 The picture inside Harry's house was actually a fan shot of Liam at Harrods furniture shopping.
And I don't think Harry stayed at Lou/Tom's house for more than a night - I think he may just not have moved out of the Princess Park place. Harry's old flat he shared with Louis was haunted as well as his new one (he talked about it in a recent interview so Nick may have just stayed over there.
Louis on the other hand I agree has moved out though - rumors of him buying a house started during the US tour and he made a comment about not being able to talk about buying his house because their fans couldn't relate to it. Plus, Perrie mentioned cleaning Louis house for him once during Louis takeover wth Greg and Zayn has mentioned going over to Louis house to watch xfactor.
- and Hsrry's been seen jogging in Primrose Hill in early mornings. also didn't Nick say that he slept over at his friend's haunted house? well, Harry's house is haunted.
Harry's going to have his house-warming party soon though. all his friends...and Grimmy...and Grimmy's friends (which also is Harry's friends now).
I would like to go that party and mabye you'll get to see what's really going on behind closed doors (:
- The boys said a lot of untrue stories in their interviews. They have a management team behind them, they are not free to say what they want so don't believe everything they say. The picture with Liam was at a showroom,not in Harry's house. It remains the question why Harry and Louis were never seen together in a public place in the past year even if they lived together and were such good friends.
- That makes a lot of sense, J. I hadn't considered that.
- Haha, A tweet posted from Matt Fincham's twitter account... although he said that aimee tweeted it!
- I'm fairly certain that whatever their living situations, neither Harry nor Louis live in the flat they used to share. Harry lived in a Stoke Newington for a while, didn't he? Or around the Hackney area.
@dotsmy tweeted something about Grimmy's porcelain doll comments.
- just watched the itunes interview the boys did with Grimmy.
Harry looks so happy doing that interview, smiling the whole time and staring at Nick with his well known "heart eyes".
I have to say though, Louis looks a bit annoyed in the beginning when Harry jokingly shows Grimmy his mic with the hole in it and Grimmy laughs and you can see Louis in the background looking from his left to his right like "here we go again". he might be feeling like he's sort of losing his best mate, seeing as Grimmy has taken that spot.
But I don't know...Louis and Grimmy's "argument" over which cover is Harry's favorite was a bit weird though.
- Stoke Newington is where Lou and Tom live which is why Harry has been spotted there. He probably has stayed over a few times. I think he is in the process of transitioning from his old place to his new one.
Also the boys were not papped as often a year ago which is why we didn't get as many pictures of Louis and Harry then but there were still some if them at tescos and them walkingabout.
- Harry and Louis are still very close, even if they want to pretend something else. This is becoming evident in their interviews. In recent ones from radio tour they even finished each other sentences. And the living arrangements, nobody knows anything about Louis, he wasn't seen moving his things (like Zayn for example), same with Harry (he bought a house but he don't live there). Very strange.
- What does everyone think about this tweet? Think the girl is telling the truth?
- J, there are not pictures with Harry and Louis (doing any kind of activity just the two of them)in the past year, even if they lived together. If you have one, please post it. But we have one million pictures with Harry and Grimmy. interesting.
- No. People have tweeted worse. I suppose it's difficult to work out whether he followed her at any point, because that would show whether it's possible or not.
For God's sake, no one is saying Harry and Louis aren't close, but what evidence is there that they live together?! Compared to Louis seemingly being quite honest about moving house. He's never seen in the same area as Harry, either.
- RR - Not anymore we don't! and why do you think that is? there used be pap pics of them but when the press started to sniff around them the pics suddenly stopped coming.
- RR - interesting because Harry and Louis don't socialise as much. If he's always being seen with Grimmy, when is he spending his time with boyfriend Louis? And why is Louis so happy for this to go on?
- RR, Harry and Louis were kids when they met.
Sometimes people grow up and grow apart. It could be nothing more than that.
Harry has been spotted a lot in Hampstead and very recently, was seen jogging at 8am in the morning in the area.
I'd take that as confirmation he has moved in.
- RR You need to realize that their lives isn't a conspiracy controlled by the management to make everything seem like something that it isn't.Noone here is underestimating Louis or his importance in Harry's life but you need to accept that besides each other they have other people in their lives important to them and they will spend time with them.Harry has also been papped with Lou and Ed and Cara and other people that he's seen hanging out with,not just Grimmy and in many occassions he was with Grimmy but we didn't get any pictures so i don't see anything weird there,sorry.
- Wow, what a pack of wolves! I didn't said Louis is Harry's boyfriend, just that they are very good friends even if they portray another story. Anyway, what they have is very suspicious, and the lack of pictures with just the two of them I find very interesting. What is your explication for this? And I asked J to post just one picture please.
- RR, they just don't socialise together. It's that simple for me.
- Please don't tell me people just grow up and forget their friends. Harry and Louis lived (or live) together because they are such good friends. Nobody forced them to do this. So why now not be close? Because Harry is with Grimmy now? But he was seen with G many times in the past year. I want to know why Louis and Harry were/are never papped together.
- They don't socialise together but they live together. Interesting. So they suddenly do not have anything to do with each other outside of their flat. (Again, sorry for my english, is not my first language)
- Yes, once you get into the "you can't believe anything that they actually say" nonsense then you may as well substitute whatever you like. The boys and those close to them have talked about buying new homes and have said they no longer live together (Louis re-iterating that in a recent interview), and we have no recent evidence that shows they are still living together.
If the alternative is to disbelieve what they're saying and assume there is some cover-up then what could be the motivation other than trying to conform the facts to a viewpoint already held?
- Sorry, RR, but that seems to be the insinuation you're making?
I feel the same as L Girl. They're still close, they just don't socialise in the same circles. They have people other than each other whom they want to socialise with; Louis has Eleanor, Stan his family and friends from home; Harry has the Teasdales, his golf friends, the friends he's made through Nick and Nick himself ...
It's not a case of swapping one for the other, it's just realising there's people you need to prioritise when you're not working or out of the country. They were still new to each other a year ago.
- oh no let's not discuss Larry Stylinson here, if you want to do that go on tumblr instead.
- They don't live together.
Most of this year they've been on tour or working - they get photoed together then. They see other people when not working. It's quite normal for anyone with a job.
- RR, they are not papped together because they're probably never together to be papped!! Don't you think people would tweet sightings of them if they spent time together?
No one is saying they have 'forgotten' each other !? Just that their relationship has likely changed.
It happens to everyone. It's just life. Why assume they're immune from this?
If anything, their ages and the extraordinary life they are currently experiencing means their friendship is likely to change more than most.
Anyway, that's my final comment on the subject.
- Anytime somebody ask a difficult question, you send them to tumblr. I find very interesting and amusing this kind of fangirling which pretend to be a serious and mature discusion. But try not to be on the same page,try to question some things and all hell break lose. Good job, ladies! (And for the record, I'm not a Larry shipper I'm too old to be one, but I've seen some suspicious things with these two which I cannot find an explication for).
- Harry has moved into his new house, but he may still have his rented flat (not the "dome" he shared with Louis - that one has had new residents since early summer - but the one he moved into alone). When I completed on the purchase of my current flat I kept the tenancy on my rented flat for 2 months while I sorted out bits and pieces in the new flat; most people I know do/did the same, unless they move from an owner/occupied property which they have to sell to buy another.
R154: the girl who sent that tweet is 14. Very inappropriate, and good on Grimmy for DMing her if he did. She follows him, so he can send her a DM.
- I'm just tired of talking about Harry and Louis with Larry shippers beacuse they take every little non thing and makes it into a big deal. it annoys me to no end.
I'd say there's 50 more reasons to why you would believe that Harry and Nick are an item then Harry and Louis being one.
- NW3 does he not have to follow her in return, or is it only one way?
Is this tweet public, or did she DM it to him? Either way, I agree good on him, these people need to learn not to be so directly aggressive to the people involved. Much like how some think it's appropriate to meddle in Eleanor's life and affairs. Ridiculous behaviour.
I agree, let's move on, no one will ever agree and it's a waste of time for both parties.
- Re: 171
Harry said he had bought a flat in an interview I think (the one where he was talking about investing in property), so maybe he was living there before he bought his house?
- There are so many hypocrites in here. You are the SAME as crazy tumblr fangirls, you're just crazy DL fangirls. You are the same as Larry tinhats, you're just Gryles tinhats. Your "contained" forum is easy to find without looking for anything about Harry being gay. The fact that you're older and don't tweet Nick and Harry about this and you end your statements with "but of course I could be wrong" is trivial. You sit here and pick apart every time Harry smiles or doesn't smile in an interview. You try to convinced yourselves, via theses on here, that this is a great and all-consuming romance, just like Larry tinhats. Why are you so convinced you're different, or is it an attempt to fool yourselves?
Just continue tinhat Harry and Nick and admit that's what you're doing and take responsibility for it.
- This thread deserves the award for "most written, least said".
- Sorry I crashed your party, I promise this is my last post. I want to say something about Grimmy/Harry. I believe these two are good friends, Grimmy is crazy about Harry, Harry is young and impressionable, so they probably added a sexual touch to their relationship. But I don't think they are a couple, in a classic sense of the word (please don't sue me lovers of Grimmy). I don't think Harry is in love with Grimmy, I believe he is flatered by all the attention and adoration Grimmy is showered him with. In all their photos I didn't saw a boy in love, most likely a boy who love the kind of social life (meting famous celebrities, being invited to good parties and shows) Grimmy provides for him.
- Noone said they are living an eternal love story,just that they are two very good friends who have some casual sex if you are to believe all the gossip.
- Very, very repetitive, self-congratulatory, pats on the back.
RR, Harry is exTREMELY impressionable, sensitive, worried about what people think of him. He'll probably make a lot of mistakes through being friends with Nick. But if it wasn't Nick it would be someone else.
- "but I've seen some suspicious things with these two which I cannot find an explication for"
Funny, there's nothing you've said on this forum that hasn't had an explanation provided that you didn't dismiss as "they've never denied it" (they have) or "you can't believe what they say" (weasel words). You want to ask something difficult, ask why Louis almost always looks so aroused when Harry whispers in his ear, not why they haven't been papped together like there's some secret arrangement going on behind closed doors. Or provide some evidence that they're still sharing a place.
And some of the most prolific Larry shippers are in their 20s and 30s - you don't suddenly stop being a consipiracy theorist because you had a birthday.
- Q, but it's not like with Larry. There's much more evidence that points to some sort of involvement between H & N. I haven't seen any reliable tweets that indicates a relationship between H & L.
- "And some of the most prolific Larry shippers are in their 20s and 30s - you don't suddenly stop being a consipiracy theorist because you had a birthday."
Exactly! Read that statement again.
- Q you seem to really dislike Nick and this thread so why take time posting? You might think Nick isn't an appropriate friend for Harry but his mother and sister seem to think he is so excuse me but they must know better than you do.
- I don't dislike Nick. You're trying to simplify this because I'm not entirely on your side, and I shouldn't need to be in order to participate in a discussion.
The fact that "reliable tweets" are your evidence is part of the issue. A tinhat is a tinhat.
- Q, still more evidence for H & N than H & L.
- Q, you crack me up. I only read this thread for entertainment, and only post in it to debunk misplaced Larry theories, much as you only seem to post to point out what you see as hypocrisy.
I have no position on whether H/N are dating, fucking, in love, or even have actually been in the same room at the same time.
- As someone said earlier, this is becoming a case of lots of posts, nothing said. I don't have any interest in Harry and Louis as a couple, because I don't see it as possibly real. My only interest is when something comes up seemingly confirming the Harry and Nick rumours. Until then, I don't really want to argue any more about all of this, because it's just an endless cycle.
Q - the literal definition of tinhat is someone who creates and believes in conspiracy theories. If it turns out that Harry and Nick actually have become less close - fine. There is a possibility that the reason we haven't seen them interacting is part of a PR job, but there's no real evidence to suggest this is the case; no one reliable or who would have such information has said so. I'm open to either conclusion. I'd find it strange if they fell out after a year of getting closer; but as L Girl said, friendships change, especially when you are younger like Harry. I'd find it strange if all of these people who work in media and PR were wrong; but mass groups of people have been wrong about bigger things.
I'm happy to discuss Harry and Nick's friendship/relationship, but apparently that's now considered tinhatting, despite having nothing to do with the definition OF tinhatting.
To be honest, until anything else crops up worth discussing I'm stepping out.
- Oh I don't mind entertaining you, I'm not here to impress anyone.
- Links, that's a real shame. What's made you decide that?
- It's really quite sad that people come on here and insult others to the point that they don't want to be involved in the discussion any more.
I for one looked forward to Link's contributions finding hers to be particularly well written, intelligent and balanced.
I hope she reconsiders.
- L Girl - Not never posting again, just can't be bothered with the discussion right now! I'd rather we were talking about something relevant and not going over old ground with the photobans, whether the 1D boys are in control of their Twitter accounts, where do they live etc.
It's all getting a bit Ass of Louis.
I'm all for being challenged in what I'm talking about, but I'd rather I was being challenged with some substantial evidence that stood up to what we've been seeing re: H/N, rather than ACTUAL tinhatting from people who believe in Harry and Louis. If you have some substantial H/L evidence, great, but that's not what you're bringing to the table.
Ha, very sweet of you to say L Girl; I'll contribute when I have something to say, for sure, but I don't like getting into petty debates over stupid theories that have no basis, or which have already been pretty much proved to be wrong.
- L girl, I think Links really does have a point. There are many posts about very little right now. I generally only read and thought something must have occurred as there were so many new posts but actually a lot of posts were covering old ground. It's much more interesting when there are posts about new stuff to read.
- Links, understandable. Pleased to hear you're not leaving the discussion for good!
I look forward to posts from yourself, NW3, J and various anons and have learnt to ignore posts on views i'll never agree on, topics that are irrelevent and particularly, posts designed to be deliberately provocative!
It's fun and harmless to discuss the validity of the gossip already out there. If people want to mislabel it 'tinhatting' let them!
- I think that the tour cannot start soon enough. At the rate things are going N/H is going to be public knowledge soon and the band/Harry could suffer major consequences.
- Agree with you 194. Even though I want H and N to be open (if they're dating or whatever) I know that the band will have to suffer some consequences. Many fans is brought up in the generation that are very accepting in general. Still there are many fans, mostly the younger ones that no longer will be supportive. Also many parents won't buy their children tickets or merchandise. Sad that it's 2012 and people still can't be open about themselves to recieve hate etc. But at the same time an outing could possibly lead to that more younger people feels more comfortable with themselves and we take a step closer a non-homophobic world.
- This thread blew up! I can add a little info re Harry's living situation. Since they finished their tour in the US/Oz Harry and Louis have both lived apart - they moved out of those flats all the boys were in. Harry bought a flat in Hackney - I believe in Stoke Newington. Lou and Tom actually lived/live in the Holloway area and he lived with them for an extended period of time. I think it was v recent that he moved into his new house in Hampstead.
I don't believe he lived in his flat alone ever. I think he bought it as an investment.
As far as all this chat over him being isolated at times in the band, yeah he sometimes is but from what I can tell usually ONE of them is! They are all very close and share a sense of humour but obviously some days they slightly shift alliances about. I wouldn't say the others take the mick out of him any more than they do any of the other boys.
I think Harry's certainly handsome and a real cutie with those dimples but Zayn's the one for me! That boy has real breakout RnB superstar potential post-1D.
And, finally, I agree with NW3 - in that infamous video I hear 'em' as in 'them' and as my best mate is a Manc and has a similar accent (and I'm northern too!) I think I'm right.
Links, I enjoy your contributions too, but I agree this threads gone a bit crazy for now... I think not enough was made of Matt Fincham's tweet!!
- N16- Do u mean the one about which boyband will be on Nicks couch next year? that was funny and he said Aimee said it he just tweeted it.
- @dotsmy: Not sure why Grimmy's getting so catty about "porcelain face". It'll be nice for him to have a replica for when Harry's out the country.
I think Links already mentioned this tweet but it hasn't been discussed? It's referring to the tweet popjustice made about Shelley i believe and Grimmy replied calling him porcelain face.
Now the only thing i find interesting about the tweet is how he says Grimmy will need a replica for when Harry is away which to me it suggests that what H/N have is a bit serious? Why would Grimmy need a replica if they just have casual sex and he could be sleeping around with others too? This is just my take on this tweet anyway.
PS. For those who don't know this guy has tweeted about H/N in the past and seems to know what is going on or at least have some interest in the story.
- you guys really need to stop acting like you're better than the larry shippers, it's embarrassing.
- Simple solution for you, r199 - don't read this thread if it bothers you so much.
- Interesting that the guy who tweeted that used the word "replica" and not something like "replacement".
- Wow. I'm a little surprised at the direction this thread took. I think "Larry" is a non-starter right now because supporters of the pairing have cleverly come up with a solution where no evidence is the evidence.
Aimee's joke is a bit curious but I don't think it really stands on its own. Just toss it in the pile of tweets from their friends.
I think the "replica" is just because Shelley looks like Harry - I don't think it's necessarily indicative of something more serious.
NW3 and N16 both of you thought he said "em" - what do you make of his facial expression shortly after he says it? Do you think it's just because he thinks people might have heard it as him?
- Totally sounds like HIM to me? I'd bet money on it!
Q: All you do is slag people off and disagree with anything that suggest that harry and grimmy are together. Your posts are so boringly predictable they're pointless. I automatically ignore them now. I even don't know why you would waste your time visiting a thread about a subject you clearly don't believe in. So strange.
- I hear both them and him, depending what I listen for. His reaction afterwards is really suspicious though. I don't think he would react that way if he said them.
- J, do you have a visual clip of the interview and If so, would you mind linking it?
I've only ever heard the audio clip.
- Around 3:50
- Thankyou R206.
His facial reaction is certainly interesting?!
It's harder to hear what he says in this clip. It's clearer in mine and it's most definately 'him' (or maybe it's just easier to hear when you're not distracted by the visuals?)
- L Girl, yes it's his reaction that makes me believe he said him. You have a link to the audio?
- I'm on an iPhone and it doesn't let you link? (I would otherwise)
The background screams seem quieter on my version so Harry is easier to hear.
It's probably on utube somewhere if you search.
- Did anyone see Grimmy and LMC hack Matt Fincham's twitter this morning? Not really relevant but amusing nonetheless! Screenshot below.
- I actually think it sounds more like "him" in this clip than I did when I heard the audio only, L Girl...oddly enough.
I had mentioned here yesterday that I couldn't tell.
- The whole team is so hilarious, R210. I love it.
- I don't think he would have his guard down so much in a situation like this to accidentally say "him".
I interpreted the face he makes afterwards as the realization that the point he was making was really obvious (of course you wouldn't want to have agirlfriend with whom you couldn't hold a conversation) - it goes along with the halting delivery of "that kind of helps" - a slighty self-deprecatory "what the hell am I talking about?" thing.
- R213 Yeah, i'm with you on that... it's definitely (th)'em, that is how i say it and it does sound awfully like him but i'm pretty sure it isn't. Not quite sure why he would ever say him in an interview he's not completely oblivious to his surroundings?
- "Larry Anon" here (not a Larry shipper but someone referred to me as the Larry Anon so I'm gonna go with it)
Links, please don't leave. I really am not trying to be troublesome... I feel just as "sure" of my take on things as you do of yours; we just simply don't agree :).
I also meant no disrespect when I mentioned that I don't understand why, on a gay mb, nobody seems to consider that maybe Harry is seeing more that one person or possibly flip-flops among 2 or more. It's not that I think he couldn't be monogamous; rather, due to his young age he might still be trying to figure things out. I would think that people here would be more understanding of what a very young possibly gay kid might be going through.
I think that H&L did fall in love with each other early on, but perhaps didn't even realize it was happening at the time. As they became more famous and people began to call them on it, Louis panicked, was scared shitless, and bolted back into the closet and slammed the door shut. He then went into extreme hetero mode to the point of overkill.
Louis himself has said that he would do anything to protect the image and success of 1D. And I believe it. Look at him lately...he often looks so stressed. And repressed? Hmmm.... I think it is very possible that L&H still love each other and spend time together when they can, maybe this is an arrangement they have agreed upon for the sake of the band. The way they interact, to this day, you can see there is still very much something there.
But meanwhile, after Louis locked himself in the closet, Harry was hurt and a little "lost". I think that he clung to Nick, much to the delight of 1D mgmt, and friendship turned to something more. Yes I believe that H&N have been intimate with each other and I believe that Harry loves Nick. But he is not in love with him. At least not yet. I think that Harry will have to have some closure with Louis at some point before he can really move on, but since they are "stuck" with each other for at least another year, and as long as Louis still wants to play, I don't know that Harry will be ready to let go anytime soon.
I also want to make a comment re: Harry being "left out". As I have said before, I think that Harry is being manipulated into being "left out" because mgmt wants him to be seen as an independent, mature, "grown up" individual apart from 1D. This is why, as I have said before, they are in favor of his relationship with Nick & friends, etc... this is why Harry is often photographed in album/song covers "off to the side" of the boys... mgmt wants Harry to be seen somewhat as a separate unit. And this is of course because mgmt sees him as the one with solo potential once 1D fades out. Does that make sense?
- R215, your theory sounds plausible. I'm not sure I agree entirely, but it is possible that this is what happened/is happening.
- But you are shipping Larry, clearly. For the record, "management" (what you mean is their label) doesn't see Harry as the one with solo potential. He's more the guy who attracts older fans to 1D, a project they are very set on continuing for as long as possible. You're correct that their moves are very calculated, but that includes things you may have considered careless little clues when they happened.
- The inspiration for Styles' hairdo has been identified.
- R217, What careless things are you referring to?
Are you an actual insider or just ones these superfans who thinks they actually 'know' stuff??
- R18 Ha! Uncanny.
R219 I don't think the anon is implying that they are an insider, simply that what you deem to be careless clues are actually deliberate moves that play to the conspiracy-minded. Part of the fanservice, if you will.
Correct me if I'm wrong, R217.
R215. That's a very nice fanfic. It's good how you've incorporated a few facts into it.
- I'm not an insider to anyone's personal life, just in the business and familiar with theirs. It's safe to say no one's public image - and the public includes you - is an accident. At least in the past six months or so, since they really blew up. Now let me assure you that I'd be surprised if anyone's had to fake anything.
That said I'm interested in the story here.
- R221, Ok, thankyou for explaining!! What do you mean by 'I'd be surprised if anyone has had to fake anything'?
Also, what do you think of all the gossip that these people are tweeting about Haz & Nick? Do you think this could be one of the things their record label is deliberatley putting out there and if so, why?
- Sorry R215 but i agree with Links,your story sounds good and all but more like a fanfiction.We've had people before who claimed to be close to the boys and their families,in that case i don't see why you would come and post on this board about their lives.
- Well for most of this I'm giving my opinions.
I don't think that individual tweets would be orchestrated, but to be totally objective they could all come from the same source of gossip. I have seen someone on the thread who says they know one of the tweeters so I suppose they would have more to say about that.
Either way, the label considers the whole situation a positive and has set up photos. It makes Harry interesting and appealing to a different crowd. If anything more than word of mouth came to be, it might create a problem, but if that was the case they wouldn't let it happen. He remains shrouded in mystery while seeming very open about himself. There is a lot of psychology behind every popstar.
- Harry about Grimmy in Nowmagazine:"He's just so funny. He just make me laugh a lot". Yep, he seems really in love!
- R224, So are you saying you think Nick and Harry are only friends and that the rumours have been made up and spread deliberately. How do you know photos have been set up. Do you also think Haz is therefore staight?
- One thing i don't understand is why there HAS to be more to H/L than a friendship and the usual staged gay we've seen before.To me their interactions reminded me too much of Harry/Dougie from mcfly and that said,these two have done way "worse" but i don't think anyone ever doubted they are nothing more than friends.There is no actual evidence that shows a relationship,no gossip about it no rumors about Louis being gay or his girlfriend being a beard.I'm not opposed to them having something but personally i just don't see it.
More than this let's not forget we are talking about two young teenage boys,i could accept that they had a few hook ups(also Harry has great chemistry with Zayn so a hook up with them could be possible too)but i honestly don't think they are living a forbidden love story,it's romantic and all but rather unrealistic if you ask me.If that was the case they would be rather miserable,wouldn't they? And they don't seem like it to me.
Last but not least,even if N/H aren't sexually involved and all these tumors are just a mistake,it doesn't take away that they are friends and that i don't believe it's fabricated but some people seem to love thinking so
- I'm sorry? I didn't say that, I said I don't think so. I don't know his orientation, sorry.
- R224, Also, what did you mean by this..
"If anything more than word of mouth came to be, it might create a problem, but if that was the case they wouldn't let it happen"
- Come on, Zayn is straight, don't make him more that he is!
- R224, Sorry, I'm not trying to put words in your mouth! Just trying to understand what your view is on all this in terms of Nick and Haz being together and also, which parts of your post are your opnion and which are fact? I'm assuming the set up of pics is fact?
- Haha i didn't mean Zayn is gay mate,i'm just saying if some think that H/L have hooked up because of the ""sexual tension"" then H/Z have some of it too so anything could be possible,i don't think any if the band have hooked up with each other though but they all have a bit of flirting going on,which is rather typical in bands and people read too much into it.
R225 Do you have a link for the interview? Thanks :)
- Zayn has chemistry with all boys, mostly with Liam, so don't make this a Harry/Zayn "unique thing because it isn't.
- R225 Have you got a link to that article, I can't seem to find it?
- R221, R224, you're very interesting but I'm not sure what you're trying to tell us?
Do you know anything about whether N&H could be involved?? ( you seem to know what their record label thinks about it)
Are we wasting our time even discussing the possibility?!
If not, what are your personal opinions on the matter?
- R225, he could very well be:). I love that quote, because that's personally the best thing I can say about someone I'm in love with. Of course I love people who make me laugh in general, but I do think there is more to it than that when it comes to Harry and Nick. I hope the rest of the interview is great too. He seems to be back to his gender-neutral pronouns, at least in the preview quotes.
- R234, the interview comes out tomorrow, but the previews are here:
- I think the poster has made it quite clear. They have tipped paps off about when Harry and Nick will be somewhere together; so clubs, the radio station, and then there's an allowance for them to follow them elsewhere afterwards. If the label/pr didn't want thos pictures out there - no reason why not, it's all innocent enough and friendly - they could prevent them being printed.
If photos of them being engaged in something that was clearly not friendship were taken or have been taken, then the appropriate people can prevent them being printed.
It's not really to do with whether or not you believe Harry is gay or straight, with Nick or not, it's just how the situation would work.
As has been said, his being seen with Nick gives him a different image from the rest of the band (the others have their own images, too) so it's beneficial for him to be seen with the cool, indie set. It attracts a different audience.
Whether the reason they're holding back on further pics of this to further that image because the press were getting too close to the truth, or because too many people were beginning to think something was going on (whether it is or not) is another matter.
As the poster has said - it's all very tightly controlled, there won't be much out there that isn't deliberate.
- I have no idea what the extent of their relationship is, but I don't think tweets were set up for it. Their friendship is seen as a positive by the label. Anything beyond that, probably not. But the tweets are still word of mouth, so I don't think it's a real problem. If anything more were to surface, I think it would be run through their people before it came out. But who knows? I don't think any of them would be that careless in the first place, and I would be shocked if we ever got confirmation one way or the other.
But that all adds to the intrigue, doesn't it?
- By which I meant deliberate press, not the tweets!
- That makes sense, R239.
- R239, thanks for replying.
What is your view on their relationship based on all the info we have been discussing here (tweets, super injunctions etc..)
Platonic or something more?
- The 1D fanfags in these threads put the Prancing Ponies to shame.
- One last: Wooton in those tweets at least has kept it gender neutral. Good on him. I know some people hate him for his previous interviews (Louis in particular) but he's surprisingly honest.
Interesting that Harry says MORE than 90%. Makes it sound like he's barely been with anyone at all.
- Thank you, Links. It goes both ways as well - Nick gains younger fans. Notice in that quote up there that Harry talks about how entertaining Nick is on the radio.
Links, does knowing that their management have promoted their relationship change your views on whether something is going on or not between them?
The validity of the tweets etc..
- Here's the thing that sort of makes me doubt H/N (the majority of me believes that they are involved in someway) Surely if something was going on they'd be a 'lock down' sort of speak of quotes like that 'He’s just so funny. You can hear that on the radio – he just makes me laugh a lot.' PR aren't stupid, rumours are pretty rife at the moment with them both at the moment so surely they wouldn't allow this to be published? Syco and people like Max Clifford are incredible and keeping things secret, so if anything WAS going on I don't see them allowing any pictures being published or articles referring to them both.
But then could it be a double bluff sort of strategy the label are using? If you read the digital spy fourm someone posted "They are NOT dating at all because if they were Simon Cowell with his pal Max Clifford would be making sure that there were zero stories like this in the press. Cowell is the master of cover up and this is far too in your face. So its not happening despite what people would like to think."
And this got me thinking, he could be right?
- L girl, I don't mean to make you think that I'd know that any better than you would. I wouldn't be at all surprised either way. I have "friends of friends" who have (allegedly) had casual sex with Harry but it says nothing about his sexuality. I would lean toward believing that he's bi, though, which seems to be a common belief.
- In many occassions they haven't been papped though and this happened before the sharing clothes articles so i don't think their friendship is all set up for publicity? It goes beyond every publicity stunt we've seen before what with the involvement of family and friends.I believe it's one of those occassions where both sides have more to gain than just a friend but their spending time together is an honest act.
Like it was said already i don't think we will ever get a confirmation on whether N/H were sexually involved or not,even if something is going on their people won't let it come out and frankly i don't see Harry coming out,if he is gay/bi,anytime soon.
LINKS, what you said makes sense.
"Whether the reason they're holding back on further pics of this to further that image because the press were getting too close to the truth, or because too many people were beginning to think something was going on(whether it is or not) is another matter"
There have been at least 2 sets of pap pics of Harry leaving Nicks over the Last month.
I always wondered why they never made it into any article. They Daily mail normally makes up any old rubbish around new pics?
Also, I saw a tweet to Nick that said something like, "admit it now, you can only makes those pics of harry leaving your flat looking well fucked dissapear for so long"
- 248, Thanks. Just interested in your view on it all.
I assume your friends of friends who allegedly slept with H were all women?
- L Girl - yes, two women.
- R252, recently?
- R250 could you link us to the tweet? That's interesting!
- As recently as over the summer, but I don't want you to think they're fans or groupies.
- R255, Ok.
I'm assuming he is definately not with Flack then.
Do you know anything about their relationship? Real or not? Serious or not?
- Oh no, no one famous or anything.
As I said, I don't know about his personal life. That seems highly unlikely, though, especially if he has been having sex with other people.
- Didn't notice this last week, but Wonderland were pushing the point a touch.
- So where do we stand with H/N now? Do we still think they have/had something more or just a friendship that was viewed the wrong way by some?
- Nothing said here has changed MY mind, R259. I still think there is something going on between Harry and Nick, but am undecided on whether it's a relationship or more casual.
- That's interesting, R258! I hadn't seen that either.
- R259, Tbh, nothing posted today is really new or conflicts with what most think already.
H is most likely bi, in some sort of casual/open relationship with N which their management's have captilised on (from a friendship angle) for publicity.
- Forgive me if I don't jump on the bandwagon of believing this story about Harry sleeping with two of this Anon's friends of friends. They originally started off saying they weren't an "insider" and then all of a sudden they know people who have slept with Harry? You'd think that would be one of the first things they'd have pointed out.
While I'm still not 100% sold on Harry being gay I still require just as much evidence when faced with stories like "harry slept with two of my friends" as I do on Harry/Nick as I don't believe him being straight is a default.
The "I don't want you to believe it's fans or groupies" comment seems suspicious to me.
And most of the pap shots we have of Nick and Harry haven't been published in any articles - but instead are sourced off of photo publishing websites. Plus, there are a lot where we just glimpse bits of Nick's arm and have to put the pieces together (see the photos published after Nick's last show when they are leaving the club - Nick isn't even in any of the photos. It's Harry and Pixie apparently walking together when obviously she's walking away from him).
- I don't think it changes anything really.
There has beem too much other stuff and none of what this new poster invalidates it.
I'm really sure all the gossip doesn't come from the same original source. Loads of the tweets have mentioned direct sources. For the gossip to have all come from the same source, they would either all have to be lying which seems unlikley given who they are and how public this ie OR their sources would all have to be mistaken. As these sources are often people who work or know Grim or Harry, this can't be true either.
- J - to a certain extent I think the combination of saying that they know nothing of Harry's personal life but do know two friends of friends who have slept with him which is confusing. Maybe it was just badly phrased.
Out of interest doesn't anyone else think it is a little odd that Nick and Harry's friendship is one few subjects that Dan Wootten previewed in his tweets? Is this going to be of general interest?
This is the tweet mentioned earlier by a different poster. All of their other tweets are about 1D but I think they like them more than Nick. It's slightly sinister really.
- J - that is why I said "friends of friends" and "allegedly" - I'm skeptical too! Don't think I'm using that as evidence of anything, but also don't completely count out the possibility. Even if it's true, it tells us nothing important about him. But I don't personally know either of these women, so do take it with a grain of salt like you have.
- 266 - Apologies for my above comment, I misunderstood; I thought you fully believed the comments but were covering yourself.
- Thanks for the tweet, R265.
- J now that you mentioned the Pixie incident,when all the articles linking her to Harry after the night out after Nick's last evening show,in one article(i believe it was on telegraph)there was a quote that went like "Despite rumors linking Styles to Pixie Geldof our sources tell us that he spent the biggest part of the night by Grimshaw's side"
I don't have a link for it but i remember it since it stood out.
- R265 When he did his preview of Louis he picked the quotes most likely to cause drama (aka his "Larry" quote and his quote about the Wanted) so it seems like he's aware of what rumors are circulating which means he's aware of the Nick/Harry rumors that are going around whether or not they're true (and I think he might have done all the interviews at the same time a month ago so he seems to be well tied in to the gossip which also might be why he was allowed to ask about Harry and Nick Grimshaw's "Friendship" - it would have been before the clothes sharing articles)
- R269 I remember that as well so I can second that. It also reminds me of another older quote about an event that Harry was supposedly partying at that said something along the lines of 'Harry Nick and Henry Holland spent most of the night swaping fashion tips in a corner'.
- It's a shame we'll probably never know for sure. You can entertain the possibility that in about 10 year's time (OK maybe 20 years) one of them'll release an autobiography where they finally tell all (think Boy George/Jon Moss). But to be honest Nick is always so cagey about his personal life, I can't see him ever willingly confirming anything. Harry does seem more open in comparison, when he's not being throttled by 1D's management anyway. You think DL will still be around by then? We can start a new thread called "Harry Styles & Nick Grimshaw - we bloody knew it!". :)
Actually I've never been entirely convinced they're anything more than friends, but it's the tweets from people in a position to know that make me really wonder.
- I'm getting confused here. Where's the evidence that their management (I think people mean PR company - Modest management do not do their PR) are behind the pics of Grimmy and Harry? Which pics are these exactly?
The pics of Grimmy and Harry after Kanye West/Jay Z?
The numerous pics of Harry arriving and leaving Radio 1 late at night?
The paps waiting outside Finchley Road Waitrose for them?
The paps that capture them catching the same taxi after a night out?
The paps that followed them to Paradise in Kilburn and captured their karaoke night out plus matching trainers?
Or was it the pap pics of Grimmy staying over at Harry's haunted house?
The tabloids don't need to look to far to find a story to cobble together as we're now in an age of instant fan pics, pap pics and tweets. Harry has replaced the likes of Cheryl Cole and Lily Allen as the most written about celebrity in the UK, and he is thus followed around constantly like they were. He spends a lot of time with Nick, and this is why they are photographed together.
I'm more intrigued that we haven't seen more incriminating pics of him (e.g. with a girl we can't identify as a friend etc) and this is either because HackfordJones PR have buried any such pics, or Harry's life just isn't as exciting as it is made out to be. I'm inclined to think it's the latter.
Apologies if this has been covered already - I am posting from my phone and I can barely see the screen!
- H is vague about N and gives a carbon copy (and very brief) answer as to why they get on 'we're from the same place and have the same sense of humour' etc, etc..
All sounds very rehearsed.
- Oh, & just seen Interesting twitter conversation with the guy who replied to Wonderland guy on Saturday (@djjaykey)
- NW3 i second this! Also most times N/H were papped was after leaving/going to a club and there was always a womanizing story to go with the article(Rita Ora,Caroline Flack etc)they were never focused on H/N hanging out together.
- I agree completely, NW3. There is no way this is PR.
Here is the interesting twitter conversation, L Girl mentioned:
- L Girl,i've noticed that every time they get asked about their friendship they always reply the same,how their sense of humor matches and they are from the same place,a very vague and seemigly rehearsed reply like you said.
- Very interesting, L Girl. Wonder why he replied to her? He doesn't seem to know her and she barely has any tweets except that on H/N?
Definitely an implication that it's a relationship more than 'arrangement' between friends. He is in a position to possibly know people in PR ...
I can't work out whether his mentioning the clothes sharing means he's reading this into it, or if he's just making a 'duh' statement.
FTR - nothing's really changed my mind, I'm kind of going with the flow on all this.
- Also, no mention of the 'girl I like' either. Probably just thrown into the Cosmo piece to get people talking.
- Well that Jake guy doesn't hold back does he? A lot of tweets have been coy but he doesn't leave much to the imagination.
- Links,i think it's more of a "duh" statement as he mentioned he knows someone who works with them as his source of information.
- I'm with you there, R282, that's what it sounds like to me too.
- This latest tweet is probably the most convincing thing I've seen yet.
- I saw that tweet earlier and wondered if he would answer it; it's noticeable that neither of them are "@" Nick or Harry into the conversation so it is only going to show up if you follow either of them or are using twitter search which I imagine they are not thinking many people are going to be doing (this is plainly misguided). Also I feel there is a slight sense of "power" in knowing something from @djjaykey.
- The tweets are certainly adding up, R284, each one a bit more specific on the source...very interesting.
- Links, a very large proportion of the tweets come from guys that not only work in the industry but are also gay.
I wonder whether they are motivated to gossip about this because they feel a bit offended that it's being hidden as if it's 'shameful' in some way?
I also wonder if journalists are doing the same because they feel frustrated by some sort of 'gagging order' that may be in place?
- L Girl that coukd be the case,it has happened before! Think of how many famous people we know that are still in the closet or have been for many years while everyone knew and gossiped and hinted in articles about their sexuality.A perfect example is Lance Bass,i believe everyone knew he was gay and he was seen leaving gay bars many times but despite the growing gossip and the whole thing being common knowledge he only came out after the band was done etc.
Also if you read other threads there are many who seem offended by the fact that certain celebrities are obviously gay/in a relationship but are hidding it.
- The most induring thing for me in this whole 'mystery' is the obvious attempt to hide much of the time N&H spend together.
Regardless of the recent publicising of their friendship/relationship (if we are to believe this is what has happened) there are many clear attempts to hide their socialising.
This suggests two things; they're together a lot more than we know and for some reason, the public is not to know about it.
That pretty much invalidates the DS theory that 'nothing is going on because it's so transparent' as we know that it is not transparent.
Also, oddities like the Canadian boy, rumours back in November, the guy who says N is sleeping with both Harry and his friend? These don't fit with a PR campaign (not unless it was incredibly complex and forward planned?!)
- It's not really been mentioned but does anyone else feel that if this is true and it does come out then it is more detrimental to Nick's career than Harry's?
On a lighter note, a tumblr girl amused me.
- R290 i see it as being damaging on both sides; Harry is viewed by the public eye as the womanizer/playboy and i can assure you if he came out to be gay/bi and in a relationship with Nick they would lose a good number of their fans,especially the young naive ones who like to think they stand a chance with him,the whole thing would be a scandal anyway.
It would be damaging for Nick of course,Nick might be known to be gay but a relationship with someone so younger would deff shock people,especially now that he is still trying to gain the trust of the listeners of his morning show(many still want Moyles back,what even!).Then again Caroline didn't get much damage out of her relationship with Harry,it might have been a heterosexual relationship but still the age gap was there,yet she survived and i think she was more benefited than not from the whole thing.In a few words it depends on the person and how they will take it.
- that tumblr girl has got it right though. Harry always says "someone" instead of "girl" and he always says that what's most important to him in a "girl" is someone who can make him laugh, someone who's got a good sense of humor and so on...
Harry & Nick seem to have really fun together and they always look happy in eachother's company...great to see. and Harry did look really giddy in that itunes interview.
- Completely unrelated, but Harry replied to a girl earlier saying that he "loved that song" when she tweeted lyrics to The Rumour by You Me At Six. I hadn't heard it, so I thought I'd give it a go - either he has a sense of humour or he's incredibly narcissistic! Either way, he's fanning a flame.
I've linked a version with lyrics. It's not my kind of music AT all, but I'd give it a listen to just to see the lyrics, because surely he KNOWS.
- I remember when he posted that song way back when he was on X factor, that's why she probably sent him those lyrics... quite fitting I suppose though.
- Links,i don't think we can relate that song to what we are discussing here though? It could be for any rumors,from the womanizing ones to all the larry stuff or h/n stuff or just the gay rumors in general.
Plus i think Harry likes this band and he does have an alternative taste in music so i personally wouldn't read too much into it.
- R294 Oh really? I didn't follow them on Twitter back then. I wouldn't have pegged him as a YMAS fan ... he seems to prefer guitar/rock/folky indie from what he's been posting and talking about recently. Stil, obviously doesn't mean he can't like them.
R295 I was referring to all the rumours, not what we're discussing here particularly? I just thought it was amusing that he chose to reply to it and the content of the song. He's not thick, he knows that people will read into it from whatever angle they want to, because it could relate to any of the stuff that gets said about him. He can be a complete troll, when he wants to be.
YMAS is not alternative, by the way, just a different mainstream.
Everyone takes things so literally these days! I'm not reading anything much into it other than Harry possibly having a gay old laugh at everyone.
Re: who is it most damaging to. It could be very damaging for Harry's career with 1D, for sure, but for the public in general in Britain, which is Nick's audience, it could be VERY damaging. The age-gap will be seen as more predatory because Nick's an older man; much in the same way that had Harry and Caroline's ages/genders been reversed, Caroline would have found it far more difficult to come back from. As it was, people were baffled by Caroline's interest in him; had she been a man and Harry a girl, people would have found the fact that Harry was 17 borderline pedophilic.
That's not my personal opinion; but it's the opinion your average Sun/Mirror/Star/DM reader would have.
On an emotional and personal level, the kind of backlash Nick could get from that would, in my opinion, be far harder to deal with than a loss of fans for 1D. They could still easily have a strong core fanbase.
- I've pointed out before that Nick has always seemed VERY keen to get across in interviews that he does not see himself as a mentor to Harry and that he doesn't see him as any older.
I've always wondered if that's because he is aware (if a relationship was revealed to the public) that the average DM reader would immediately assume he had taken advantage of Harry and is therefore trying to paint them as equals (despite the age gap)
It really doesn't help that the age gap 'looks' much bigger than it is. I've seen many people shocked to find out N is not on his 40's.
And it's a very sensitive time for the BBC right now.
- [quote]It really doesn't help that the age gap 'looks' much bigger than it is. I've seen many people shocked to find out N is not on his 40's.
I don't think he looks anywhere near 40, but Emily Dean (a fashion editor and tv producer who's Frank Skinner's sidekick on his radio show) has hinted that he's older than he claims to be.
- I can't imagine he would lie. It's too easily disproved.
He is looking younger since he has lost weight but in the photo's of them around feb, the age gap looked huge.
- L girl I agree with u why would he lie about his age anyone can disprove that. Also he is looking younger now that he loss weight, I have a brother who is 30 and him and Nick look around the same age so I no a lot of people that look the way Nick looks in their late 20's early 30's he also has a sister who is 11 years older than him and a niece who is 18
- RE: 299
At the risk of sounding like the world's biggest creep, he's not lying about his age, he's listed in the official birth register for August 1984 with the correct full name.
(yeah, I looked, I was too intrigued by this idea that he was secretly 42 or something ;) )
- Haha, R301. I'm glad that's settled then.
- I WANT A MAN
- I'M A NICE BITCH. I WANT A BEAU.
- R303 Don't we all?
Thanks for clearing up the age thing; I've never thought he looks older than 30, myself.
Weird, he's only 5 years older than me, though. I can't quite get my head around that. He's really done VERY well career-wise for his age.
- R305 take care of me. Be my man.
- RE: 305
He's a year younger than me and weirdly, he makes me feel better about heading towards the dreaded 30. If he can still be ridiculous and not act like a grown up all the time, I guess I can get away with it too (in small doses, I don't have a job that pays me to be fun and silly, sadly!).
- R306 I would if I wasn't a woman.
R307 I think anyone over the age of 21 wishes they had a job that paid them to be fun and silly!
R308 you are a bitch. Who do you love?
- The DJjaykey guy doesn't follow the Wonderland guy. How would he have seen his tweet without searching for if and why would he do that if his friend knows N&H? (surely he has all the gossip there is?)
It's seems insane to think some of these tweets could be plants but this one doesn't make sense to me?
- What does it mean flag saved, or flag failed in here?
- He may have him in a list L Girl, or may follow someone else who RT'd him.
- R312, thanks, you're right, he follows someone who retweeted it!
God, I can't how suspicious I've become following this story (It's embarrassing)
- I think he is just replying to @Karenanneb who has included both of them in her first tweet. She appears to have linked both of them into the same tweet because they have both tweeted recently, and both been referred to here, about the same matter.
- No problem, L Girl:).
- He tweeted about it before this Karen woman got involved.
- Just a thought but DjJayKey may know LMC - separate to Wonderland Shane - as they have a Brighton connection?
- Flags are not ment for threads like this one or the posters in it. F&F is to flag a post for Flames and Freaks - a grave offense. And W&W is to flag a post for Wit and Wisdom - post flaged as such are culled on the sidebar of the forum for a more prominent view. Back in the day you could see some W&W posts here end up on the Weekend Update portion of Saturday Night Live.
- Yes, I was referring to his original tweet to the wonderland guy.
- That's interesting, N16. I didn't know of this connection.
- r318 was in reply to r311
- It seems the DJ guy follows a girl who follows the wonderland guy and retweeted his tweet.
Shows that this stuff is coming from multiple sources I guess as the wonderland guy doesn't follow the DJ guy either.
- L Girl i think everyone would be suspicious but the tweets are coming for multiple people who are claiming different sources so it's not one person spreading lies.I could be wrong but i think it's one of those cases where a few people told other people and it goes on so the rumor spread around.I don't see anything suspicious in all these people gossiping,they have nothing to gain from all this(they don't @ N or H so it's not for attention)and may i say they could face some sort of damage if spreading lies? Not to mention they seem 100% confident in the info they are sharing so the person whom they heard it from must be one in a position to know.
For me H/N being sexually involved is a closed deal,i don't think we'll ever get an official confirmation but we have too many evidence to ignore,and i am sure none of this is their PR team work since it would be damaging on both sides,especially for N as it was discussed earlier.
That said i don't think they are in any sort of relationship,just two friends who casually hooked up,it doesn't seem too weird to me as i've been in this position,but that's just my opinion!
- Agree. I think they're definitely in some sort of sexual relationship. The terms of said relationship, only they know.
And yeah, there won't be a confirmation unless they get caught. And, honestly I think it could happen if the suspicions keep growing and people start paying more attention. Or maybe someone already has proof and they're just waiting for the story to gain more exposure, and a good offer from a tabloid. Whilst a confirmation is unlikely, at this rate if we get a denial soon I wouldn't be surprised at all.
- R324 even if they get caught i think their PR team/management would do anything to prevent the evidence(photos or videos i suppose) to make it to the papers or the internet,there is too much money at risk and i don't think they would allow this to happen.If you ask me i do believe there must be some sort of evidence out there,at least a picture of them getting more intimate if we are to believe those tweets who claimed to have seen them getting intimate in a club back in January etc,but i don't think anyone is brave enough to post them for the scandal they would cause.
I don't see a denial coming either,noone has "officially" claimed in an article etc that they are dating or anything,it's just a few hints on those share clothing articles and the people gossiping,so i don't think anyone would go up to them and just ask them if they are dating,it takes some nerves to do that but it's a possibility i guess,after all i'm nowhere near the bussiness to know how these things work,just my knowledge from what i see :)
- Oh yeah, when I say a denial I mean assuming someone directly asks or suggests something to one of them. And, seeing how intrusive journalists have been especially with Nick concerning Harry, I wouldn't rule it out.
- I wouldn't be surprised if they asked Nick,but i don't think they'd ask Harry.I think 1D's interviews are being tightly controlled anyway and,correct me if i am wrong,but the Now magazine is the first time Harry gets asked about his friendship with Nick,right?
Nick has talked about meeting him and their friendship(even though his answers are always the same; vague and counted,hardly giving anything away)on his show and a few interviews so yeah i think if they are going to ask one of them that'd be Nick in my opinion.
That said i think that by the time 1D will start their World tour the whole thing will hardly matter; we probably won't get any H/N interaction for months and who knows how things will be by the time the tour is done.
- Interviewers have asked them about Larry so it's not out of the question.
- R328 But interviewers have only recently been allowed to ask about Larry because while they were benefiting from the stage gay at the beginning - it was only when the general public started to believe that Louis is gay that they decided to disprove it. It's unlikely that they would let anyone mention Harry/Nick (even to disprove it) because they don't want to draw the general population's attention to the idea of it.
Nick might be asked but he's been very good at avoiding questions he doesn't want to answer.
- And on a more shallow note, I just saw the little preview of 1D on Ellen and, excuse my fangirl moment but, Nick you lucky bastard.
- Just noticed a pic of Nick outside radio 1 yesterday and he was wearing his or is that Harry's jumper.
- I see "Harry Styles" is slowly creeping back into Grimmy's mentions... he just can't help himself :)
In other news, 1D's new album is doing incredibly well almost everywhere. Even Little Things could get to number 1 in the UK this week, which means they could do the coveted double. And possibly have the number 1 album both sides of the atlantic. Amazing stuff!
- Yeah, NW3, he really can't help himself for long:).
That's great news for them about the album and single!
- Yes mentioned a few times in the first 40 mins of the show. Antique shopping which people suspected had taken place together and looks likely did. Changing of Finchy's Twitter details and background and posting about Harry . Also playing Little Things. Waiting to see whether he comments after he plays it.
- I find this odd and don't know whether to believe it or not. What do you think?
- I really don't think Harry and Nick went to the antique fair together. Harry was spotted and photographed a couple of times, neither with Nick and Nick went with femail friends. I think he said Harry suggested the market to him thouugh. I don't think they would go together let alone tell everyone of they had, it just screams 'couple'!!
- A new twitter conversation:
- Ooer, Jeff Leach is relatively well known as well.
Meanwhile in Now, Harry says he wants a girl he can chase (old quote, but the interview was done a while ago).
Bonus: no mention of Caroline, for once!
- I didn't even read the biographies before posting that and one of them is actually the celebrity columnist for the Sunday Mirror...wow.
- ... And the other guy writes for The Mirror. To be fair, he neither confirms nor denies by calling it "toot". He could mean old news; he could mean it's rubbish.
- Links, can you post the question about Nick? I can't find any scans.
Thanks for the other information:).
- He response to Dean Piper implies Dean's response is part of a media coverup?
Who is Jeff Leach? He seems pretty certain.
- Yep, I'm at work so it might take a moment. Stay tuned haha. Although there's nothing that's not been said before. Wooton asks about Larry as well. His responses to that are actually quite vague, so some of you might be interested. I'll type it up when I've got ten.
- Great, thanks, Links. I am not in the UK or I'd get my own copy, haha.
- L Girl - British comedian, but quite left-field. Had a bit of a vogue five-minute fame and doesn't get as much TV coverage anymore, so not THAT many Brits would even know him. I think he was on BB last year as a guest, last I saw him. 8000 followers though; quite the statement to make.
Can't work out if by "toot" Piper means rubbish (I.e. Untrue) or just old news, as Leach asserts. Leach clearly thinks the former.
- Hmm according to his wiki, Jeff Leach has worked with Nick before in 2009 for T in the Park. Maybe he's friends with Nick?
- Sorry, as in Leach thinks Piper is implying the former.
- Dean Piper's attempt to dismiss it shows that these tweets are not one big orchestrated campaign by Harry & Nick's people. All the media people that are gossiping about this are further down the rung in terms of position in the media. Dean Piper, Dan Wootton, Gordon Smart etc al are all celebs in their own right and on good terms with harry and Nick so I would expect them to keep quiet if it were real. Dean Piper's response just adds to the credibility of this runour if you ask me!!
- Links, I think since it is in response to something he says he knows is true and he says that it is better than that old "toot", it implies they're both true, just that the information he has is newer and maybe juicier. That's how I read it anyway.
- Links, thanks. I think Piper was trying to say it's rubbish which I would expect him to?
If someone like him acknowledged it, that would be as good as The Mirror putting it on their front page.
His account is just an extension of his column don't you think? (rather than the personal accounts we see of other's who just happen to work in the media)
The other guys insistence just shows it's real IMO.
- R348 And his lack of response after Leach's reply.
R346 Yeah, now you mention it, he might be ex-T4. Does his wiki say? Don't think they're friends though. Could be, but as a comedian and someone seen on TV, you'd expect them to have been linked once or twice.
R349 That is how I read it, but it's hard to say for sure.
- Well he has some involvement with the BBC and this year's Children in Need.
- Links, yeah, it is but, as others have stated, I guess he can't confirm it in full, so that is as much as we're likely to get from someone in his position.
- Yeah, Piper's is definitely more of a gossip account, L Girl. Courting a bit of controversy, but not giving anything away. Surprised he responded at all in some ways, but in others it gets the people going, to quote. It's not about friends and family following him and interacting with them, so the more people hanging on his word the better. Plus good for the Sunday paper.
I said Leach probably isn't friends, or more a situational friend, to Nick (if he was closer he wouldn't have tweeted it) - but as far as I know (which isn't much and doesn't count for much) is part of the London scene and I think would be somewhat in the know. He hasn't got anything to lose or anyone to answer to.
- Piper was definately trying to dismiss it.
But as Links says, his lack of reply to the guys final response says a lot.
- My take on this conversation is that the rumors about H/N being involved are true and like others has said this isn't rumors spread by their PR,more like people who shared the info with others until it became something everyone knows.
- R356 I do agree to an extent, but I think we need to realise that Dean Piper is not confirming what Jeff Leach has said; he's pretty much calling it old rubbish, though leaving it open for speculation. I'm sorry, but the gossip columnist for the Mirror isn't going to out and say "yeah, old news" on his public Twitter account, where many readers follow him.
- Links i agree and i think his lack of response says a lot,the other guy seems 100% certain of H/N being involved like most media people who have previously tweeted about it,but i wouldn't expect the Mirror guy to confirm it,like you said readers may follow him and if he shared more info than he should that could affect his career maybe.The fact that he isn't completely dismissing it though and his lack of response in the end just adds more credilibity to the rumor.
@1DLMixAccess have posted Harry's interview on now magazine!
- Links, I agree but I would be surprised and suspicious if he had acted in any way? The press's formal position on this seems to be 'close pals' he is just following the party line being a highly visible member of the press?
To me, it just validates all the other tweets as it shows that they are not purposely trying to create a cover from something else?
What do you think?
- Thanks, R359!
- After reading Harry's interview i must say it just confirms what we already know about him; he likes hanging out with older people,he loves his mum and sister too much,rumors with potential girlfriends are rubbish and he doesn't bother with rumors and speculations anymore.
He is back to using neutral pronounciations too so the "i want a girl that i can chase" quote seemed a bit out of place for me,especially when he replied the girlfriend question with "if i like someone" and yet again stated that he is single.I don't know when the interview took place but i think it's safe to assume the girl mentioned in Cosmo was just a comment thrown there to keep the people talking.
I LOVED his replies on Grimmy,they were vague like always but he seems genuine happy for him getting the breakfast show and again mentions sense of humor and manchester as the reasons why they became close,like Nick has done too.
Personally i found nothing interesting in the Larry replies,he said it's crazy and that he can't sit and feel bothered with every rumor,just like he said before about the girlfriend rumors!
- 359 Thank God, typing up any answers on my phone was going to be a nightmare.
I agree it invalidates the theory that Harry being in a relationship with Nick is some sort of long-term PR stunt or cover for whatever reason, but I've always thought that would be a bizarre rumour to spread anyway.
I think it's strange he replied at all, unless he felt that if his followers saw the reply from Leach and he hadn't responded, that would look more suspcious (which it would; we would have speculated as to why he'd ignored it ourselves). There's not really a correct response, other than to dismiss it as vaguely as you can. I don't know if it's worth saying he's left it open; he can't really be called a liar if anything did come out, because he can say he meant it was old news.
With such a high profile paper and columnist it's all speculative. They're never going to confirm anything until they have/want to. If I believed most Harry The Lothario stories, I'd read that tweet and think people were just trying to court scandal.
- Okay, so the girl chasing quote is an actual old quote, not from the interview because I have read it before.
The answer about Nick is pretty much the exact same as Nick's about Harry, so I think they have established a certain co-ordinated response. To me this implies more than friendship too, because if you're "just friends," why would you need to be so careful answering that question.
Anyway, it was a good interview I think.
- Oh, wow, Links you were going to type the answers on your phone! That was not my intention, so I appreciate that you offered to do it anyway.
- Links, thanks.
- Piper acted the way anyone in his position would if you ask me,the attitude of the press towards H/N is presenting it as a friendship so he can't confirm anything,just the fact that he aknowledged it though and his lack of reply is enough for me,as said before i don't think a confirmation from people in a high position will ever come and Leach was more than certain of the rumor so there :).
R364 i've thought about this before but then again Harry never talks much and neither does Grimmy so the vague replies could simply mean that they don't like giving much away about their personal lives in general.The fact that their replies are almost identical though it's funny to say the least!
- Oh, yeah, I can't upload photos on here! I was just going to paraphrase so don't worry. Thankfully someone out there has scanning skills.
R362 and R363 Agreed. And yeah, the girl chasing quote is old. They used it Okay as well, I think.
I don't know about a co-ordinated response, but it is weird they botj cite being from the same place. Harry expanded on that with the comment about Nick's brother and his dad being from the same area of Manc. His answers were very nice, though. Especially about being happy for him about the show - clearly he listens, anyway!
- Links, yeah, Harry's responses were definitely sweet! I do like that he added a personal touch with the family connection, but it really sounded very similar to Nick's. Anyway, it's not a big deal at all. I'm happy he was asked and that there was no denial or something:).
- Also Harry said(when asked why Nick made a fuss out of the Imbrulia rumors)that he loves making a joke out of all the rumors so i guess this confirms what many believed that these rumors are indeed rubbish and Nick knows so he's just mentioning it all to make fun of it.
- Yeah, R370.
- The Leach bloke has now deleted his tweets. Wonder if he got into trouble for mentioning a 'media coverup'...
- Have the Jeff Leach tweets disappeared for anyone else?
- So they did disappear, huh, R372? I was just asking. Yeah, maybe someone told him to delete them...interesting.
- Silly to delete them. Just makes it look like it's being hidden.
- Deleting tweets like that, to me, is more confirmation than the actual tweet itself.
- I agree, R376.
- I am on my phone and when i go to Leach's twitter i see nothing but when i go to Piper's the whole conversation appears for me,including Leach's replies obviously.
- Maybe you're getting a cached version or maybe they haven't been deleted and it's a glitch.
- So has piper's reply gone too?
- It's still there for me, R380, but without context it means nothing to anyone reading it.
- Btw they both follow each other.
- Could be possible that Dean DM'd him suggesting that he delete the tweets?
- That could be, R383.
- I notice someone else asked if the tweet was about H.
- If tweets are deleted then it's the first time happening right? I think it is interesting how the interaction was with someone working in an obviously high/knowing position aka Piper for Mirror and then suddenly the tweets are gone,the rest were conversations between people who did work in the media but not well known and noone would see them unless they looked them up.In this case anyone could see them since Piper has a very big number of followers.If he deleted the tweets it would look more suspicious considering his working position(and he didn't give much away anyway) so the other guy deleting them wouldn't be so obviius and without Leach's tweets,Piper's make no sense like someone said.
I know this may sounds too conspiracy and excuse my bad english,i hope i make sense!and yes deleting tweets is more like a confirmation for me too.
- One Direction are LIVE on the Today Show right now, their new album has just been released on iTunes...OMG!!!!!
- The other tweeted reply mentioned above is far more subtle!
- That one is funny, R388:).
- I expect Piper probably just didn't want that conversation on his twitter account as its a represents 'The Mirror'
He was probably expecting the bloke to drop the subject after piper's first response, but instead, he comes back with an accusation that the media, including Piper and his paper are covering this up!!
- Harry on Ellen once again mentioned that he is looking for someone funny with a good sense of humor(my friend told me,i didn't watch it myself).
Well Nick definitely has the humor,doesn't he? Also again that he is single and no mention of the girl in cosmo,more proof that this was just a comment thrown there for whatever reason.
R390 Agreed,i guess it looked bad no matter which way you're looking at it.Silly move though,it's gonna make those who saw it(like us for example)more suspicious and certain of the rumor.
- The bloke who asked the question more subtly works in PR in london.
- Hmm, just to express the other side of the coin: while yes, this could confirm the rumour, and he was asked to delete it because of an injunction or the press having agreements to keep it hush hush (and Piper's twitter is clearly an extension of the Mirror in this case); on the other hand, Piper may have just DM'd him to put him straight, explaining that there's nothing there, hence Leach deletes the tweets.
I'm not saying this is what I believe to be the case, but you need to be objective about this. While some things do look suspicious, they can have innocent explanations. We don't know why he deleted them. Maybe Piper just didn't want the claims associated to his account, true or not?
I can't say I'm surprised they were deleted; I did wonder if they would be. Especially when Leach accused the media (and therefore the Mirror) of covering this up; the point of the press is to bring news to the public, not help hide it, even if it is about someone's private life.
The other tweet is far more interesting; very subtle, and if his bio is to be believed he works for Cohn & Wolfe. Doesn't mean he necessarily knows anything of course - working in PR does not by default mean you are correct about all rumours!
- Links, I agree that it's important to look at both sides, but if it was completely untrue, he could have either ignored it or clearly denied it.
- Links- i don't think Piper would deny or confirm to Leach,especially since Leach doesn't seem to hold back on his words.The most logical explanation would be that true or not the whole conversation just looked bad especially for Piper and Leach's accussation of media cover up so he was probably asked to delete them for that reason.
- Links, I thought of that as a possibility.
However, so many tweets have cited sources (that I would assume to know more than Piper) friends, agents, producers, PA's all directly linked to N&H.
If It was the case that Piper knew this not to be true, then that would make all the other tweeters liars as their sources, if they are who they are claimed to be, wouldn't be wrong. I just don't this can be the case.
It would also mean all the anons that post on here and elsewhere about people they know who have confirmed the relationship, super injunctions PR cover ups etc are also lying.
And, those who have tweeted they have seen them 'snogging' etc..
I can't imagine so many people would publicly lie?
I also think, that given that these rumour have been floating about for a year now, if it were all one big misunderstanding, it would have been realised before now?
But obviously, what you say is a possibility.
- Agree with r394 and L Girl,i don't think Piper would knew more than other direct sources mentioned by other people,if Piper knows something it must come from a similar source than everything else is coming and yes if the rumors were untrue they would have died down instead of becoming more often as time passes and i can't believe all these people are lying.
- yeah, I mean some of these people who have tweeted work for the Sun, the guardian, Sony, one even writes music reviews for the BBC!!
However low their positions might be in the company, they are going to be in a position to easily check if these rumours are true with colleagues in a similar positions as dean Piper.
Can't believe they wouldn't do a simple check on the rumour before tweeting with such certainty to the whole of the twitter universe???
- I missed the deleted tweets - what did they say?
- just remembering that someone has deleted tweets like thsi before. The celeb hairdresser who used to live with Amy Winehouse tweeted the gossip saying it was from a VERY relaiable source. Someone responded, oh that's just old runours, and he replied with something like' i promise you, it's not a rumour' He then deleted the tweets.
someone tweeted him and asked if he deleted because it wasn't true. he said something like, "it's just too early in week to be contoversial, make up your own mind, smiley face" He lated tweeted, more generally about how many people were in the closet, fake dating etc.
So, I think some people may delete because they have been advised against it, not because they have found out it's not true??
- To add to poster 398 I've personally heard rumours from those working at/for Dazed and GQ
- R400 i didn't know that,thanks for bringing it up! Yes if he said it was from a VERY reliable source and not just a rumor it doesn't make sense that he deleted it because it was untrue,let's not forget Nick was close with Amy so if said hairdresser was her friend too/lived with her,he was in a very good position to know.
- I'm just stating that it is a possibility. I agree that with everything else that's been tweeted or spoken about, it seems unlikely to be untrue.
Lovely article from Entertainmentwise, who one minute seem to be Harry's greatest fangirls, the next damning of him. Seems the powers that be don't see the Cara connection as entirely savoury or helpful. I agree, but not with Harry, just the image in general. She's known more for being a model than a socialite now - and she's a bit too upper-class for DM and Sun fluff stories.
- You also have to remember that Harry's 18 and if this stuff with Nick IS true, then a boy of that age coming to terms with his sexuality is a potentially sensitive issue. These people may be thinking twice about outing someone like that. Not everyone's as unscrupulous as Perez Hilton!
- N16, do you think those at Dazed and Confused and GQ would know for certain? Did they seem certain to you?
I'm not buying the Cara thing personally. Anyone like that immediately profits from an association with H whatever the Sun says!
I knew of her because I'm interested in Fashion but I bet very few others did before Harry!
- N16 - recently?
- I don't see Harry being in a relationship with Cara personally,i still think the whole thing was a publicity stunt and the papers are just recycling stories.Harry himself stated they are just friends.
Love how Harry is presented to be the bad boy though and funny because i am sure noone knew who Cara was before her being linked with him! Don't you just love the press!
- Yeah, R404, I think the guy may have felt like he shouldn't have said that simply because it was not his place to, not because it's not true. If he knows Nick personally, he may have felt it was better to leave this up to Harry and Nick.
Everyone else has had a bit more distance to those involved. If he is also involved with Children in Need it might mean he would be seeing Nick soon.
- Links, it's good that you always present a well rounded view.
Sorry, i hope it didn't look like people were ganging up on you!
- R410, The celeb columnist for The Mirror (Dean Piper) tweeted he knew some gossip.
An actor/comedian he knows responded "is it that Harry Styles and Nick Grimshaw are a couple?"
Piper responded dismissing the rumour.
The actor responded saying it was true and accused the media of covering it up.
- R408 This is kind of what I was getting at more than it not being true - he could also potentially get a little backlash from it. It's not necessarily a suspicious move by the omnipresent Management or Media. It could be, but it might just be a case of him realising it's a bit tacky.
L Girl - not at all! People can believe what they like and if that's a confirmation for them then that's fine, but I'd need a lot more to confirm it to me. Bigger rumours have become 'fact' when they're not, I'm sure, although I do think the amount of people who seem to have quite close connections with Nick in particular increases the chances of it being true.
Agree with all of you about Cara (I didn't think they were together, by the way, I meant the media connection although they're clearly friends). Some people would have heard of Poppy, but Cara not so much, unless you read certain magazines or blogs. If she wants to be a supermodel in the literal sense of the word - and we're due a new one - as in world famous, she needed to get her name out there.
People turn their noses up, but tabloid, gossip magazine and weekly coverage is the way to do it. Harry's a good choice for that right now and he's in her circle of friends.
- Yeah, I agree, Links.
- This would be in reference to the original post I made about having rumours confirmed to me by east londoners/friend's of the Teasdales/people with vague connections to Nick etc.
Some of those people worked for those 2 publications. I have only ever been in one circumstance where the rumours were confirmed to me by people I believe *could* be in a position to know (not that they would definitely, but they could) and this was just about the time N transferred from night-time to breakfast
- N16, thanks.
Do you have a general view on the Dean Piper/tweet deletion thing today?
- Thanks, L Girl. Do you perhaps remember the exact wording of the last tweet?
- L Girl, my first impression was that by 'old toot' the Mirror journo was indeed confirming the rumour and dismissing it as old news - implying that his original tweet was related to fresher/juicier gossip.
I think I read it that way because the experience I had was similar - when I brought up rumours of them together it was like 'pshh old news' so I think if hipsters and the like on N's scene have known for ages then surely journos have known even longer.
I agree with those who say the tweets being deleted as good as confirms it to them.
I hope we hear something about them when H is back from the US - they are very cute together, whatever their relationship status!
- R416, it was something along the lines of..
"it's not toot, but it is old news"
He then said something about the media's dedication to covering this up has been very amusing.
- Thanks again for the details, N16.
- N16, thanks.
- On another note I love how unashamed the boys are about how much 'stage-gay' stuff they do - there's a clip from Ellen of Harry doing his usual charming deflection of questions.
Ellen asks him what he looks for in a girl and he replies 'someone funny, someone like you' to which she replies, 'I'm afraid I'm taken, I'll look out for someone like me' Then Liam and Harry both shout 'Niall!' haha
Maybe because I'm only just starting to wade through all the 'ships' etc. as a newish fan but I don't get why such a huge deal was made over Larry in the first place! Off topic I know, but Zayn seemed to have such an unrequited crush on Liam it was painful. Louis reads so straight to me - he's just super camp!
Let's not get into Larry territory again though, we all know how that goes.
- I notice that part too, N16, it was very sweet!
- N16 - My theory as to why 'Ziam' didn't go the same way as Larry is because Liam started dating Danielle so early. Hannah was relatively invisible to 1D fans, so she didn't interrupt the 'Larry' interactions (unlike Eleanor, who has the gall to go to shows and events to support her "boyfriend"!); fans had a long run of Harry and Louis doing their fanservice, amping up the tension, and then Eleanor came along.
I agree, Louis does read as straight to me as well, but camp. I know quite a few guys who are very camp, but also very, very straight. Some would take offense at being seen as gay, even (although this is not a healthy stance, I should point out).
The ships were all fairly equal at the beginning; Ziam and Larry have the biggest followings, but Larry just went stratospheric. I doubt anyone predicted it.
- I hope we hear from H/N too soon,from what i know 1D will be on and off the country at least till the start of December and i don't know what their plans are after this but i think they have a small break.
Also Nick mentioning Harry on his show today as well as recent tweets exchanged between them and their friends can dismiss any thoughts that they are keeping a distance/aren't friends anymore.
- Thanks again, L Girl.
- Re Zayn and Liam:
From what I saw of 1D at the start (in 2010), Louis and Harry very quickly set themselves apart from the other 3 as best mates, and the rest of the band had to go along with it. Unlike foursomes (like McFly, JLS & Little Mix) where pairings came easily, this left an odd number.
Liam chose Niall as the band member he wanted to become best mates with, potentially leaving Zayn out. Zayn however chose Liam as the bandmate he wanted to get close to but Liam didn't want Niall left out, etc etc.
Harry aside, I didn't think any of it was infatuation, just interesting group dynamics. It's interesting how we all see things differently!
- Irrelevant to the discussion but did Louis and Liam really throw food to the fans? I just read that on twitter and apparently it happened yesterday,i don't know in what context that was and if it was meant to be a joke but personally i find it just rude? And i'm not suprised for Louis,to me it was obvious the fe has gotten into him quite a bit but Liam?? I thought he was better than this!
- Yeah they did. Fans on tumblr tried to defend them (as always) by saying that it was a joke, that they (and the fans) were laughing.
but according to the fans who were actually there (from twitter) they said it was rude and that they didn't want to get half eaten pieces of bread and chocolate thrown at them.
- I don't understand how this is remotely funny? I don't know if it's because i'm quite older than the average 1D fans or because i don't get the humor but i don't see why would anyone want to get half-eaten food thrown at them?? I saw that they were laughing at pics,Louis and Liam,but reading through twitter the fans,like you said,seemed rather upset and didn't find it funny at all.
I know it's normal for fame to get into them since they are young and evetything is happening so fast,but i don't think that was a nice move and ti be honest i would love to see Harry going solo.
- I think throwing food in general is a terrible thing.
- I've always liked Liam and thought he was the sweet, sort of innocent and had a good head on his shoulders type. But lately i've grown to dislike him.. I'm not sure if it's down to breaking up with Danielle but he's turning into a bit of an arse? As for Louis, well, i've never been much of a Louis fan. No excuse for chucking food at someone?
- R431 i think Liam himself has said that he is feeling "wilder" after the break-up and since i always thought he was a nice guy too,i'd like to believe that all this is just a post break-up reaction but then again,not a nice move.
I've always found Louis rather obnoxious and too loud for my taste,i don't think he is "sassy" but rather rude or simply doesn't know how to control his emotions and phrase his opinions nicely.I wouldn't say i dislike them just that i am mostly interested in Harry and Niall rathen than the band as a whole,i'm too old for their fandom/music anyway.
- Again with the Louis's hate. You don't miss any opportunity to jump on him, don't you? This is becoming ridiculous. I'm starting to believe Grimmy is in fact the one posting here all this stuff about Louis. And about Harry going solo, he will do beautiful but he must bring Grimmy on the tour to poke him in the cheek whenever he sings a note.
- Ha ha, Louis is the devil himself here, pour soul. And Harry is the saint who can not go wrong. The fangirling here knows no bounds and is truly embarrassing.
- Liking a particular person does not make you a 'fangirl' not does disliking a particular person make you a 'hater'
People are just discussing their personal preferences.
Let them get on with it without stooping to name calling.
- Harry was finally asked in a mag what he thinks about the Larry rumors and he answered that he wasn't bothered by it..I love his attitude!
- well you can't help it if you don't like a person, just being honest here.
I thought Louis was really funny back in the xf days and he still has his moments. But I don't think he's "sassy" as in funny but rather as in rude. but the fans are quick to defend him for his actions in interviews where he's been completely ignoring the interviewer and instead talked to the others boys.
now he throws half-eaten food at people and I heard that he'd flicked of a girl yesterday who'd yelled "Larry Stylinson" at him. this could very well be a rumour but it actually wouldn't suprise me if it wasn't.
pretty sure that fame has gotten to him, which is sad.
- Just because people dont like Louis does not mean they hate him. I am here because I like Nick and Harry I dont really care about the rest of One Direction as a whole but out of everything that I have seen of 1D Louis is my lease favorite thats because I dont like his personality and he annoys me when he does interviews. Everyone has their own opinions.
- I think it goes both ways. A lot of fans cannot see them as real people with personality flaws and who make mistakes, and are therefore disappointed when stuff like this happens and they can't live up to the sweet, incredibly loving and caring personas their music sets them up to be.
Meanwhile, I think the boys themselves probably find it hard to differentiate between the fandom mob and individual fans as people. I think they also probably find it hard to realise that a fan isn't an ever-loving and accepting thing, who goes along with your every word and likes you just for yourself. They want a certain thing from you.
Which is a round-about way of saying; you shouldn't shout something in someone's face, especially when it's something you know they're uncomfortable with, and you should expect retaliation. I don't know if he flicked her or not, but that's not punching her in the face; that's wanting to hurt someone who's saying something that hurts you, or has hurtful connotations.
Similarly; you shouldn't throw food at people when you're on a hotel balcony, especially when it's half-eaten. It's distasteful and rude. I'm hugely surprised someone from their management team didn't tell them to stop, sit tight and smile, instead. Or at least just throw food at each other.
However: I went to see Test Icicles once, and the lead singer stuck his hand down his pants, scratched for a while at his pubic hair, and then flicked his fingers out at the crowd in the front. So as throwing things at fans goes, theirs is quite tame.
Bands and fans don't have symbiotic relationships; the band can never love and know you in the same way you do it, so you're always going to be disappointed. And I think they always have a slight contempt for fanatics, who know so much about them.
I don't like Louis. I like Harry. We don't know that Harry wouldn't have joined in if he was there, though.
- Links I used to love Test Icicles back in the day! I like Louis, generally speaking, but he is obviously painfully insecure. I think he puffs up his chest and acts the class clown to deflect from this being so noticeable. While that makes him unlikeable sometimes, I did some questionable things at 20 in order to make myself feel better and I would hate to be judged by my actions then nowadays!
I think he actually has a 'heart of gold' and he is very perceptive if you watch interviews closely. Zayn Harry and Louis are the ones that interest me. Niall seems far too young and Liam is nice but a bit dim (in my opinion!)
- Louis is very protective, quite a big brother type, probably from having all those little sisters. He probably sees his role in the band differently than the others. He's more responsible for their playful/touchy-feely image, which is a huge part of their popularity. I think he takes the role very seriously because he IS insecure about his importance.
Zayn has been very protective of Harry too, recently. He's definitely blossoming himself.
Anyway I agree those three are the most interesting. Looks like their album is set to slay.
- Louis is a protective person,i think he has confessed so himself in early interviews,it also explains why he defends his relationship with Eleanor as well as his family so much with all the fandom/twitter hate etc,he seems very protective of the people he loves.
I personally don't like their album/music much but i do find a few of their songs catchy and of course their album would do well with such a dedicated fanbase,i think young teen girls are the best ticket to success.
- absolutely unrelated but, I loved Test Icicles!
- Setting aside all his other questionable behaviour for the moment, Louis is interesting in that despite the poor way he's often communicated his annoyance, he remains the only member of One Direction to relentlessly defend himself and his loved ones from fan abuse. You could say he should just ignore it, but that clearly doesn't work for him. I don't really blame him when you see the awful things directed towards Eleanor and his mother in particular.
In comparison, Zayn and Liam's ex-girlfriend endured (and still do) horrendous, predominantly racist abuse and Zayn never spoke out about it and just let it chip away at him for a long time, which is terribly sad.
I wish Louis defended himself more tactfully and had better impulse control in general. However, I vastly prefer him standing up for himself and not just thinking he and those close to him have to tolerate bullying as the price of fame.
In terms of protecting his bandmates, something that's been happening in recent interviews is Louis becoming visibly annoyed when interviewers bring up Harry and older women and many have interpreted this as evidence of jealous Louis and 'Larry'.
To me, the way that Louis makes his displeasure clear and then Harry usually looks at him before answering and has finally, finally, started to refute his womaniser image after two years of silence, seems to be evidence of Louis helping Harry to assert himself.
Louis started shutting down at these types of questions first and in a short period of time the others followed, no longer just laughing along.
I think when Louis sets a more defensive tone in interviews the others tend to feed off of that and have the confidence to speak more honestly. He's a massive influence on the group, it's sad that he seems so insecure.
But that's just my impression, probably totally wrong. It has been interesting to watch them speak more honestly for whatever reason.
- Back to the Harry/Nick discussion,does anyone know if they will be seen together at Children In Need? I heard that Nick will be presenting in a different time than 1D but i wasn't able to confirm this!
- RM/ r444 Your impression is as valid as anyone else's! And makes sense, too. Yet another interesting viewpoint in this saga...
- RM totally agree with everything you said,we have seen Zayn getting annoyed by rumors(when he deleted his twitter) and Liam defended Danielle on twitter once or twice but Louis is definitely the most protective/outspoken one and what saddens me the most is how many fans interpret this as being their PR team's doing so they keep up the abuse,the things sent to his girlfriend and family too are absolutelu horrible and i was so proud of him when he stood up to all this bullshit as he called it,he could have phrased it better but i guess he had enough.I really wish the fans would stop acting that way,don't they see they are causing trouble?
I agree with the part where Harry is standing up to the womanizing rumors and the boys are helping him with this,apart from Louis,Zayn has stood up for Harry too like Q mentioned in previous post.
Generally even though i don't particularly like Louis i love the way he is treating his loved ones,he often talks about Stan his childhood bestfriend too which i find very sweet of him and i believe in the future he will learn to phrase his opinions in a better way :)
- Abot Liam and Louis throwing the food at fans, I heard the stories and it seems the fans outside the hotel asked them to give them the half-eaten food (sandwiches and chocolate). The girls gathered all the pieces and put them in the purse. So I don't think what the boys did was a malicious joke, just them having fun.
- The only thing I like about Louis is how he tries to protect Eleanor from the Larry Stylinson nonsense. Articles like the one I've linked below illustrate the scale of the ludicrous "conspriracy" as he rightly calls it.
Otherwise he's just another irritating boybander, like many before him.
- I'm a bit late in watching it, but I saw the Up All Night tour video of their performance and I noticed something. At the beginning a video is played introducing the boys, they start off with Harry. In the "likes" section, of a snippet "likes/dislikes" with the name, it says he likes girls, but none of the other boys pertain anything to specific genders. Also,Harry has three likes as opposed to the other boys who have two, so I disregard that he couldn't think of anything else to say (girls was last listed). So the PR (or whoever, I really don't know who was in charge here) could have been trying to hide Harry's sexuality since early on (the date of concert was Jan/Feb I believe). It's HIGHLY unlikely (hell, I don't even believe it myself) that this has anything to do with anything, but I thought I'd share with you guys.
- I like many things about Louis, and I don't think his relationship with Eleanor is one of them. For example he never talk about her in video interviews, and he seems edgy when the topic of girlfriends is mentioned. On the other hand, he is a totaly different person in written interviews, he cannot stop talking about her. This seems very suspicious, and this is an exemple of good PR job imo. Also he does use neutral gender (so Harry isn't the only one). Min. 0:24
- Another exemple of Louis using neutral gender (min. 1;40), and let's admire Harry's laugh when Louis is asked how he likes girls. Very interesting.
- They all use gender neutrals sometimes. Niall did in the Ellen interview. I think it sounds more unusual to say "a girl" in most cases. Louis seems happy about Eleanor in most of the video interviews I've seen.
- He doesn't like talking about her in filmed interviews because he knows how many fans react to her. Also, she's not a public figure and their relationship is actually quite private; though she is photographed with him when they are out (especially in the US), he doesn't give much else away other than how he feels about her. In written interviews, he probably feels less on the spot and can think properly before he speaks.
That Wired article is very interesting; it's mainly on the subject of Twitter, so it doesn't delve into the more questionable bent of those girls. As in, Tina is not Eleanor's sister and does not exist; she's the fictional twin E substitutes with, apparently. His involvement in the media and the companies involvement with Viacom and Syco meant that he was in a position to recommend her as a "beard" to Simon Cowell. The fictional mother worked for a modeling agency; models, of course, make very good fake girlfriends.
The invasion of privacy is ridiculous - and encroached on someone's life who doesn't even know those involved.
Harry's laughing because the question sounds like he's being asked how he likes them during sex.
R453 is right, saying "I like a girl" can sound awkward and stilted, so "someone" is often preferable. This applies to times when Harry does it as well. I don't think all Harry's gender neutrals are purposeful; unlike the others though, he rarely specifies gender unless asked.
- How about Louis calling Harry "babe" on the scene? Is this straight behaviour to you? Watch from 2:20 to 3:18. I think he forgot he was on the scene and made this mistake. Watch Zayn's reaction, is hilarious, and Harry trying to tell Louis everything is OK ("Hello babe, you OK? while looking at Louis). And Louis needed almost 2 min. to recover from the shock. Take another recording from this day and watch closely Louis's face: he looked crushed.
- Sweetie they all call each other babe, it's common in the UK
- When did the boys call each other "babe"(in serious tone)?
- 456, Sweetie, boys in the UK don't call each other "babe". What are you talking about?
- Louis calls everyone babe and tends to call females "love." Zayn calls a lot of people babe, too. I'm not going to search through videos for examples, if that's what you're looking for.
- LOUIS calls everyone babe. Sometimes as a joke, sometimes not. Not everyone in the UK calls everyone babe; but some people use it as a term of endearment to close friends and family as well as romantic interests. I do it myself. Zayn seems to do it as well.
I doubt Louis just "forgot" he was on The Scene. And I also doubt he needed two minutes to recover from anything. I can't watch the vids right now, but I've seen most of them before and most times these moments are hugely blown out of proportion and misread.
Can we please stop wasting posts discussing what in my eyes amounts to an overinvested teen fantasy with little to no factual basis. At least not if all we're going to do is look at old videos which were gushed over in the old threads already.
- No way Louis is straight. It is obvious he's not interested in girls. He looks at any girl like she's the most boring thing ever.
- Louis and Zayn call other men babe? This is new. Could you mentionto some exemples where they call each other babe in serious manner?
- Very interesting video, and doesn't seemed a joke from Louis's part.
- According to twitter it looks like Harry may have been spotted at LAX a few hours ago while the rest of the One Direction team arrived at Heathrow a little bit ago.
Any theories on why Harry would be going on another day and a half trip to LA (he's got to be back in London for Children in need so it can't be longer than this) right after he was just there? Some people are saying it's to see Taylor Swift at Xfactor.
- Also wanted to point out that the person posting about Louis / calling the boys babe is all the same person. Check troll-dar. R451 R452 R457 R458 R461 R462 R463 all the same person.
- I'm afraid i don't have any theories but i don't believe it could be for Taylor Swift
- I just saw on twitter that the boys have rehearsals for CIN tomorrow amd that the only person who saw Harry at LAX is supposed to be on a plane for another 5-6h,maybe this is trolling? Or maybe Harry is indeed there but by the looks of it he HAS to be back in England today,i don't think he can miss rehearsals
- The rehearsals for Children in Need are tomorrow, so it is unlikely he'd be able to stay in LA long.
- Am I incorrect in thinking there is another thread for general One Direction discussion?
- No, R469, there is one, you're right.
Exactly, R467, he has to be in London very soon.
- Could it be for work? Last time he was there(when he went to the Sheeran concert)i believe it was for bussiness,a rumor was going around that he met with a big company that want him to do a promo thing for them.It could be for any reason really but i don't think it's for anything love related simply because papparazzis in LA are super stalky from what i know and if that was the case they would have caught him,also when he was there last week he was mostly with the boys or in the hotel,didn't go out much.
Or he might caught a different flight than the boys,when they arrived to America he went on a different flight with Lou/Tom/Lux.
- There were rumours that he got a connecting flight to Manchester to see his family, but they were also stating his grandma had died which is untrue so don't know how much credence we can give to them. I very much doubt he went to LA with Children in Need etc.
- The LA rumours may not be accurate (see tweet below) and since there were photographs of Harry parking his car at the airport before they left for America he may just have taken a different exit upon leaving.
- Thanks R473 and yes it could be that or he might have taken a different flight from the boys,we'll see!
- Maybe H has stayed longer in NYC to visit the Irish photographer girl he was connected to earlier this year? (she lives there)
Of all the womanising stories, her's seemed the most credible?
Of course, she may just be a friend.
- A girl on twitter tweeted him a couple of times from two hours ago or so, saying someone she knew sat next to him FROM New York. She didn't say where to, but I think it was London, so maybe he just took a later flight back for some reason.
- Here is one of the tweets:
- Actually that was the wrong one, she corrected it in this one to say FROM New York not TO.
- Now magazine have posted the Nick Grimshaw part of their interview online.
They have referred to their bromance as in 'bromance'. Suggestive?
- R479 with the quotation marks? If yes then i would say it is suggestive!
R478 thanks for the tweets,seems like he took another flight then,apparently not later than the boys so he didn't spenc extra time in America
- Maybe, R479, but I think the fact that they picked this part to put online is even more interesting...adding the clothes-sharing bit too.
- Have also read twitter rumours that a 'Harry decoy' was deployed in LAX to start rumours and reduce crowds at Heathrow. (someone posted a pic of him in NYC, very authentic)
So maybe he is home but departed/arrived seperately.
I don't think he's been spotted anywhere in NYC or LA? Who knows.
- 479 - Well their friendship had often been called that in the media so I don't think that bit is particularly strange, however the full quote seems more of a statement
"Then there's his high-profile "bromance" with Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw, who he even shares clothes with these days"
- R483 i think R479 meant that they called it "bromance" instead of bromance like they added the quotation marks and all which are often used as suggestion for something more(sorry for my english!)
Thanks for posting the full quote as the site won't load for me,it does sound like a statement or like they're hinting there is something more.
- 484 - Yes, looking back I sure you're right; I missed the quote marks first time I read it.
- Yes, with the quotation marks. And, there are no quotation marks in the hard copy version.
I also noticed they ended an online article about their clothes sharing with the quote from Robbie W about 'Harry just having fun' and the 'whether you're a ladies man or a man's man' quote?
Totally irrelevant to the article and now seemingly removed?!
- Oh? That's really interesting L Girl!
- L Girl - Just quickly, there are quote marks in the magazine copy:
- I could be wrong here but i noticed how the press has started running stories and dropping hints about N/H after the first sharing clothes articles; if we are to believe that they are involved and the press did try covering it up like the Leach guy said,do you think they started feeling more brave let me say after that so they started running stories,make it known to the public? There were a few hints before Heat article but now we are getting something every now and then?
Sorry if this makes no sense at all.
- I'd love that to be the case, R489. I think we'll have to wait and see if the trend continues.
- R488, yes you're right.
I skipped to the page with the question (about them being tight) they referenced in the online article. There are no quotation marks in that part. That's what i was referring to
Apologies for the confusion!
- L Girl- that's very interesting,i found Robbie's comment interesting anyway and i bet if Harry is gay/bi he'll definitely know.
Leaving aside his possible involvement with N,there are enough stories/rumors about Harry being gay which is odd if you think about his womanizing reputation.
People on this thread have said that when they mentioned the gay rumors to their friends they dismissed it as a lie because of his womanizing reputation.So for all these media people(many of which are in the gay scene too) to seem so certain that Harry likes boys despite all the rumored girls in his life there must be some sort of truth to it.
- R480, Yeah, they def put bromance in quotation marks! I think its def suggestive!!. R481, good point.
I think the plane tweets prob mean they 'smuggled' Harry back into the Uk to give him some privacy and and to get everyone trying to work out which secrey girlfriend he is visiting!!
- It also, slightly off topic, shows that whilst there are definitely people reading these posts that use Tumblr no one using the 1D twitter accounts seem to as they don't appear to have picked up on the earlier tweet about Harry's flight.
- Well, Links, you certainly have an answer for EVERYTHING don't you? You really are a piece of work. My opinions are "fanfic"? Really? Just because they don't support your obsessive Gryles endless love theories? Only YOUR opinions are the ones that aren't a "waste of time"? Whatever...
The hatred of Louis here on this thread is truly scary.
I still don't understand why it is so hard to believe, as I do, that Harry's love life could be more complicated than we realize and he could be seeing more than one person?
And this entire thread has mostly been an analysis of random tweets, am I the only one that has noticed this?
Whatever, carry on...
- R495, as far as i've observed, Louis & Harry rumours all originated from teenage fans desperate to believe the fanservice. There hasn't been a single piece of 'evidence' from a reputable source to support these rumours.
Conversely, the Nick and Harry 'rumours' are coming from professional adults with connections to: UK tabloids, UK broadsheets, UK magazines, Sony, BBC radio, Global radio, ITV, the London gay scene, the London comedy circuit and people that work directly with Nick and Harry.
A lot of these people have gone on record as saying that they know for 'certain' this rumour is true.
The fact that they have done so, publicly, by means of a verifiable twitter account that clearly identifies them and their employees adds to their credibility. It doesn't detract from it.
So, i'm really not sure what the point of your post is, other than to cause trouble.
But whatever, carry on...
- 495 - what do expect from a forum made to discuss Harry and Nick?! We are all very interested in them and then alone. I don't give two hoots about Louis or Larry, nor do I want to discuss them on a Nick and Harry thread. Fair enough if this was a thread about Harry alone or Harry and Louis or Louis alone or indeed Larry - but please, we want to discuss Nick and Harry - ONLY. Use the 1D thread to talk about the boys individually or ships between them.
- Can we not start with this fight again? If some don't like what is being discussed here they can simply ignore it and go on or use anither website to discuss what they want to discuss.Noone here is hating or claiming to know anything.
Now can we please move on instead of making pointless circles? As someone else has pointed out this thread is moving too fast but the majority of posts are pointless and add nothing to the discussion.
- I duno if this was already discussed? Did anyone notice that Nick mentioned an antiques fair on the radio and said Harry had been (in relation to it being 'cool' cos Harry had been) ... nothing amazing other than I thought it pointed out another occasion they were clearly together which we would never have known about! :o)
- Seems as though none of the 1D fan twitters know where Harry is, goes to show that he is VERY good at keeping a low profile.
- Judging from the fan who claimed that her friend(?)saw him in the airplane as well as the fact that he was photographed outside the NY airport i suppose he is already back in the UK,he has to be anyway since they have rehearsals tomorrow morning/evening.
There is a theory going around that they let his look alike in LAX to confuse the crowds so that he'll arrive quietly in the UK,i don't know why all the secrecy but i guess it's to keep the fans talking and wondering what is going on,he is the member that gets the most attention anyway.
Obviously he is good at hidding as well as the other boys,Zayn is MIA most of the time after all! On a last note; the update 1D accounts on twitter don't know everything,remember that day when H/N went to Nandos? Most update accounts noticed that hours ago while pics of Harry and fans were all over the internet as well as people claiming that they saw/met them,and there are many more examples were the were wrong or late at posting news.
R499 i think it was briefly discussed but i think Nick meant that Harry went there another time rathen than they went together? This was my impression but they could have gone together too.
- R501 Yeah, i'm pretty sure he is probably back in the UK now with the CiN rehearsals taking place and that. Wonder what all the secrecy is for, unless he just didn't want to be papped arriving in London and followed afterwards... who knows.
- R501, do you have a link to the photo outside JFK?
I think it's likely he's back in London too anyway.
- R502 as i said before i believe it's purely for publicity and to keep the fans going,it won't be the first time this is happening!When the boys were in LA for the VMAs the fans spend a day looking for them and it turned out they were seperated in different hotels to confuse them and everyone was talking about it.It may sounds odd but no publicity or "mystery" is bad.
Obviously that is my take on the matter so it could be for other reasons too,who knows!
- Oh, it was Newark not JFK?
- R503 sorry just saw your post! A fan uploaded them on twitter,the photos were outside Newark airport(i hope i spelled it correctly)and not JFK,i took a quick look but i can't find them anymore,seems like the person deleted them but the tweets that he was seen there can still be found in the search!
- No problem, R506. I searched twitter myself and saw the tweets but no pictures. Thanks anyway.
- The original rumour was that he wanted to go to LA first to see Taylor Swift. I think that's what they're going for. I mean, not him actually going, but get to people thinking that he is.
- Yes Anon i heard that rumor too,too bad the fans realized the fact that the guy in LAX was actually his look alike,1D fans are better at these things than all the detectives in the world!
The whole Harry/TSwift thing is too much PR for me,apart from the fact that we have never actually seen them hanging out,they didn't even interact when she was in London for the BBC teen awards,Harry spent that Friday/weekend with Nick and we have pics to prove that as well as pics of Taylor doing promo stuff around London.
Isn't she supposed to be in the XFactor tonight? Sounds like something Cowell would plan,what a devil this guy is!
- A new Sun article. Out of interest does anyone remember Nick having to answer questions about the extent of their bromance as the Sun asks? Apart from that odd interview at the Cosmo awards perhaps.
- I'm sure it's nothing but a couple of weeks ago on tumblr there was a picture going around, it looked like a backstage picture or something and you could clearly see Harry and Liam and in the background there were too guys that looked ridiculously similar to them. I won't jump to conclusions about them actually using look-alikes, but I found that very odd. It's not unheard of, but it does sound a bit excessive. I was surprised the tumblr fangirls didn't make a fuzz about that picture.
- That's interesting, R510. He's playing it down again and saying he's single and busy etc...
It feels like everyone knows what the rumour/reality is but everyone is going to continue to pretend otherwise. Not that that is surprising at this point.
- 512 - the idea of a "set phone call" is particularly adorable don't you think? Has anyone ever queried that??
- Not that I'm aware of, R513! It is a cute idea and an odd thing for him to say.
- R510 those quotes seemed like older ones just a bit changed for the article,that or they cornered him and answered him because he "sounds" a bit annoyed.He has mentioned in the past how they don't arrange calls or dates and they contact whenever they can because they are both busy.
R512 i agree,like we said before Nick knows how to avoid "wrong" questions and i don't think anyone will directly ask him or Harry about the rumors(whether they are true or not),they are dancing around the subject and i guess this is how far they can/are allowed to go.
Linked below is an older article where Nick states that he talks to Harry all the time,i thought it was funny how his replies has changed in a few months!
- "he often has to answer questions about the extent of their bromance". Um. When?
- Could be possible now that they don't speak a whole deal after that older article was written, or maybe he is just trying to play it down. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do have set phone calls, I mean with someone as busy as Harry anyone who wants to get hold of him will have to plan ahead to get in touch with him!
- I remember reading something like that, R515. It is funny how he's playing it down now!
- I think they probably call/text a lot more than N is making out.
A couple of months ago, N tweeted Becky from Scott Mills show (N was guesting on his show) teasing her for telling him 'Barry' was on the phone for him. H had presumably called the studio to try and get hold of N (I don't think their mobiles are supposed to be on in the studio)
It's a small incident but the fact that H has N's work no to get hold of him made them seem particularly close to me.
- That's an amusing anecdote, L Girl, thanks for sharing:).
I'm sure they talk a lot as well.
- And the fact that he would call N whilst he is supposed to be working? Just seems like couple behaviour to me.
- Yeah, because it must be important enough to call during work but also something that nobody else can help with, which if they're only friends seems less likely.
- L Girl i remember than incident as well,i think they even tweeted about it?! It's a very cute moment though and as you said the fact that their work isn't getting in the way of them communicating indicates that they are very close and it does sound couple-y.
Also when Liam did his call on Nick's first week they were talking about something funny that happened on the set(the boys were filming something)and Nick said that something funny have happened the other day in the bathroom and Harry sent him a pic,i found that cute too!
Their phones don't have good signal at BBC,i remember Nick saying that his phone rang during a show once and he was surprised as he ususlly doesn't get signal.
- That Liam exchange was definitely cute, R523! It was like Liam wanted to include Nick in the moment and he knew he'd want to be!
- I don't know if this version of the article has been seen, but under title it says get a room.
- Thanks R525 i personally haven't seen it.It could be a joke but judging from everything else i don't think it is and "get a room" is definitely not subtle!
- 525 - Well it certainly gets to the point. I watched the video again too (I forgot to stop it) and she seriously doesn't seem to believe some of his answers, she is just short of sniggering part of the time.
Oddly none of the on-line quotes are quite in full, this is the print quote
Dan Wootton: "You must have been really pleased when he replaced Chris Moyles on the Radio 1 Breakfast show?"
Harry: "Oh yeah. ecstatic. I was really happy for him. And he's doing a great job, too."
Isn't ecstatic perhaps a little extreme for a friends' new job? Particularly from someone who seems so laid back.
- R527 I can't even picture Harry using the word ecstatic... but that's just me.
- Something i remembered,when Niall did his call on Grimmy's breakfast show it took a while for Finchy to pass the line on because he said he thought that was Harry,so it must be pretty common for Harry to call on Nick's show maybe.
- New twitter conversation...
- R531, It's looking like Flack was PR.
- It definitely is, L Girl!
Thanks for the tweets, R530!
- Grace Dent is followed by both Nick and Lou Teasdale...
She only said "lol," but still...
- L Girl- i think she was,Harry had a bit of a platonic crush on her so their PR team probably took advantage of this to create the "relationship" and the press played along.
R533 thanks for pointing this out,since she is followed by them she obviously isn't in a position to say much but still the fact that she replied without dismissing it but said "lol" instead is good enough for me.
- That tweet as good as admits N and H were or are more than friends anyway. And the person who says she never touched him is another comedian and from London.
- Apparently people have seen Harry at the rehearsal studio for Children in need in London today so wherever he was yesterday he's in London now.
- Flack is on the breakfast show tomorrow.
I wouldn't be surprised if that is used as an opportunity to dampen the N&H rumours a bit (teasing, innuendo etc.. to raise suspicions about her and H again)
- I wonder if Nick m has Ben practicing for CIN too?
- Exactly L Girl,i was thinking about this too.
Also the whole mystery with Harry yesterday as well as the girl mention in Cosmo look like a distraction to keep the people talking and guessing and to take the attention away from H/N,plus some extra publicity is good now that their album is out.
- Grace Dent is quite the twitter 'personality'! I should think that as good as confirms it - the fact she commented on it - as she's defs tweeted back and forth with Grimmy before. She's a columnist and writer, I'm pretty sure they'll have met a few times before.
It looks more and more like the real deal. It would be so lovely if they *are* together if they openly came out about it! I think they make a good looking couple tbh
- It really would be lovely, N16. I guess you never know, it might happen. I agree, they would certainly make a good-looking as well as an interesting couple.
- I agree. and just the fact that Harry says that Nick makes him laugh all the time. To have someone that you can laugh with is like the most important thing for me in your partner.
They look so happy together and when they did the Lads Fm thingy Nick was laughing all the way through. And the Itunes interview, as people has mentioned before, Harry was sooo giddy! I loved it.
I just can't see them NOT being a couple. Not with the sleepovers, the clothes sharing, the secrets, the rumours going around media people and stuff in London.
- They spent christmas together.
- Valentines's day together.
- Nick threw Harry his 18th b-day party (not his friends, not his family...but Nick).
- Nick went with Harry to Liam's b-day party which was so not his scene at all.
- Nick invited Harry to have dinner with his parents when they visited in town for the weekend.
- They've had dinners with Harry's mom Anne.
- The sleepovers!(and a cross looking Harry leaving Nick's flat early in the mornings).
- Harry being friends with all of Nick's friends. Like my boyfriend's friends are also my friends.
- Yeah, I think all the tweets plus all you've stated, R543, really paints a pretty clear picture.
- Yeah exactly. I mean if there's nothing going on I'm not going to lie, I would be pretty disappointed.
also, let's not forget all the nights Harry spent with Nick at radio 1. like just hanging there, spending every little extra bit of time with his bf. I can't see friends doing that.
- From what i get from twitter Nick and Harry were both at the same time at the CIN rehearsals so i guess they met already.
- Sorry i meant the auction! Nick and Aimee tweeting from the CIN auction and Harry's car was spotted there,a few fans claimed they saw him too.
- Just been scouring pics of attendees at the auction. Nick is sat right at front. No sign of Aimee or Harry
- Nick, Pixie Geldof and Aimee Phillips at CIN auction.
- I don't think Harry is there? If he is maybe he's backstage?
- Cara was also there. One of H's rumored "girlfriends".
- Now there is this article but I dont no how this can be true if Harry is in London? Smells like something Simon Cowell has cooked up?
- Looks like that 'delayed' flight was planned to fit with this story... don't believe a word of it.
- Its starting to become ridiculous. I dont believe it either.
- There's not been any photographs of Harry in London though - just more rumors. And if Louis really was in Manchester like some twitter accounts are reporting then perhaps they had another day off. Harry will have to leave LA soon though if he plans on making it back for Children in Need.
Looks like they may be going ahead with the Taylor thing after all... I figured they would just let the rumors run their course without every mentioning them.
- Wasn't Harry living a forbidden romance with Cara like three days ago according to the Sun? It's getting so ridiculous and how could he be in LA when the band had rehearsals today and his car was parked outside? (fangirls checked the number and all so to be sure,according to twitter) and they have Children In Need tomorrow afternoon so he must be in England anyway.
Apart from the fact that he has already stated that he is just friends with her,it does sound like something Cowell would "cook" like 1313 said,he is in XFactor after all and i heard something about the ratings not being as high as they wanted to.And anyway if he is there with her how are there no pictures leaked?!
- @TheXFactorUSA: Together in the lunch line (Cheeseburgers) laughing & smiling was @Harry_Styles & @taylorswift13! :) #internationalpoproyalty
Well they just tweeted this...
- Taylor thing is happening apparently. This was just tweeted by the Xfactor account.
Someone want to make a new thread?
- Well, X Factor USA are going with it; not photographs still though...
- I could see it coming, wasn't sure what girl they were going to pair him off with but I guess Taylor Swift is convient as they both have new albums out and great PR for the X factor at the same time. Simon is not stupid, and 1D fans would be incredibly gullible to believe a word. The whole same necklace ordeal was just planting the seed. Wonder if they'll stage some hand holding pictures?
- I agree with R560 but i'm not sure if they will play the relationship card(as it would be too complicated with them being in different countries and busy and having to travel around and see each other lol) or if they will play the friends card leaving people thinking whatever they want to think.
- Harry has tweeted thanking PlayStationEU; strange timing.
- Strangely though, a girl, who appears to British and based in the UK tweeted a picture of an autograph from Harry gave her uncle as he was sitting with him on the plane.
Unless her uncle photographed and sent her a pic of the autograph. he must have been on a flight to the UK?
The timings of the girl's tweet fits with the tweet from the other girl who's mum's colleague sat next to him on a flight from NY to the UK.
Somone also tweeted that paps followed H to Newark shortly before the rest of the band left for JFK.
All of this suggests he arrived bacK in the UK yesterday, albiet, under the radar.
If thw above is true, then it is even more clear that this is blatant PR (although Beiber's confession and the necklaces made that obvious!)
Even if he is there, it's still clearly PR. If he was really pursuing her, pretty sure he would be keeping quiet and would have been told to wait until he has free time?! (not the day before a live TV performance, the week of their single release!)
If they really have flown him out there, it just reaks of desperation to me. Also, I'm no expert on fake relationships but it has always struck me that those with long distance involved are easier to maintain as there is an obvious explanation for minimal contact.
This also all fits nicely with the sudden perceived distance between H&N.
I'm 99% sold on N&H being together in someway now.
I'm not saying I couldn't be dissuaded from this view but there would have to be something very authentic and a lot less obvious than this (plus an plausible explanation for all the info that points to H&N being together)
This Taylor thing is just too silly. I'll personally be ignoring it if it develops.
- Haylor (Harry and taylor) are already trending on twitter. These fans are going to eat this up.
- Taylor to me seems like a professional bears though. So this definitely makes me believe in a cover up. It's so sad, but that's the way it goes.
- I think it's probably pretty obvious but here are a few more reasons for the Taylor thing being PR
- Xfactor down in the ratings: They have their first public outing at one of the most public places you could have one - positively surrounded by paps.
- Taylor and Connor broke up VERY recently so when did she have time to develop something with Harry that's serious enough to come out publicly (Harry has stated you can't start a relationship in the spotlight)
-The distance. They've only met a few times. Again too soon for the spotlight.
-One Direction's new album, their new single, Taylor's new album
-Rumors that Taylor cheated on Kennedy (needs to be a broken heart victim again?) Rumors Taylor is still with Conor (see attached article)
-Harry was supposedly accompanied by his manager to LA
- L Girl- what Beiber confession?
I agree with everything that you said and even if Harry gets in a convicing relationship with a girl this doesn't mean H/N never happened,there is nothing that could convince me that H/N didn't happen,i don't know if they are/were FWB or more but all these people in the media with direct links to H/N and also in the gay scene cannot be wrong so whatever happens from now on to me H/N was or still is a real deal.
I know there are other rumors that turned into facts while they weren't but it's not just people talking but also articles dropping hints and H/N behaviour that fits the puzzle perfectly.
- Well he was writing with Snow Patrol yesterday. Which of course is another link to Taylor Swift as they have also written with her. From Gary Lightbody's previous tweets he is at his home; sadly don't know enough about Snow Patrol to know where that is!
- R567, About 6 months ago Beiber announced to the works press that a 'very famous' friend of his had a 'huge crush' on Harry, but that he was sworn to 'secrecy'
Anyway, he let if slip shortly after, that it was Taylor Swift.
The whole things seemed bizarre & I assumed from that point on, that there was a high chance they would start 'dating' at at some point.
- Thanks L Girl :)
The whole thing is just so painfully obviously staged that whoever buys it must be thick! I could believe it if it was another girl but not her.
On a lighter note Alexa Chung tweeted this(link below) which shows how close Harry is with Nick's friends as they must definitely have spent more time together than the 2-3 parties we know they've all attended.
Also another cute moment,at Nick's last evening show when they called Alexa on the phone(she was on a bussiness trip)when they named who was there she immediately asked if Harry was there too like she knew that Harry wouldn't miss Nick's last show.
- *world's press.
- This should unfold rather nicely. The timing is just right, both of them have albums out, upcoming tours. This will be such entertainment for the next few months. Fan girls will eat it up, to them it'll be a dream pop couple, while people with commen sense know better. It sucks that the business is wired in this way, but that's life I guess. Taylor is the perfect candidate. Just like an above poster said, she's like a professional beard already. She's sweet, homely, down to earth and clean cut. They couldn't of picked a better person to be honest.
As for nick and Harry, I'm sure whatever they have is still in tact. Nick knows the business well enough to know shit like this happens. So if he and Harry are a thing, I'm sure he's understanding of this little set up.
- To be honest if they weren't worried about other rumours would they really be going ahead with the Taylor thing? Surely it's better for Harry to be available, and having a quick look at the "Haylor" tweets it's not popular or generally believed.
- Oh and if we are to believe the rumors H/C was a set up too and we can't forget those staged kissing photos of Harry and the Ostily girl in Australia.
I'm pretty sure if Harry was straight he could find himself a nice girl and there would be no need to create all this.
Niall has been single since the XFactor(i'm not sure if he is now dating his friend Amy?) but you don't see anyone being bothered by it or trying to set him up with girls.
- @r574 I completely agree. It's definitely all coming together now. Harry is the gay one.
- Demi Lovato
- Twitter fans aren't buying Haylor. They seem to think he's gay too. So you can't win can you?
- This whole Taylor/Harry thing seems so rushed and staged, it's ridiculous. I mean, even if they're trying to cover up Harry's sexuality, did they really have to do it now? Just when the rumours about him and Nick are starting to get more serious and from more reliable sources, just when the media starts throwing little hints? Honestly, if I had any doubts about Nick and Harry being involved, they're sure gone now.
- His album is out this week, it's not a coverup, it's just PR. The Nick story is going nowhere.
- No one is really that into nick and Harry. The fan girls definitely don't see it. So Harry and Taylor have to be for PR.
- Q,R579, instead of constantly telling us that there is no N&H story, why don't you tweet all the journalists and collegues/acquaintances of Nick's that seem certain there is?
I'm sure they would appreciate you putting them straight.
After all, they're the ones starting these 'rumours' we are simply discussing them.
- I see a different part of the fandom than you, and there aren't a lot of people who are interested in it either way. I'm not talking about what happens in real life, just the story itself.
- Q, Fair point. I take back my post then.
- The main point of Harry/Taylor would be PR (note the similarities between it and the Niall/Demi rumors and nobody believed that was a sexuality cover up though most agreed it was for PR)
The fandom isn't the general aim of stunts like this - they manage to write off any possible relationship (see Niall/Amy) as long as it means the boy in question is single. So many of them will deny Taylor until their dying day without questioning their sexuality.
Harry/Taylor rumors as a sexuality coverup are aimed at the general population (non 1D fans), casual one direction fans who buy tickets but don't stalk them on social media, and in the US PARENTS of one direction fans. They just tack on Taylor's name to the list of women Harry has been linked to with no further questioning (with the added benefit of him being with a "nice girl" after all of his scandalous rumors)
In addition, One Direction fans and the media have been increasingly aware of Nick's existence and the media have been pushing the "bromance" so that might have been enough of a hint towards Harry's sexuality to cause his PR team to lock in the Taylor rumors.
- I'm really interested to see how Harry/Taylor will be played out.Will it go down the Niall/Demi road aka "we like each other but stay friends because of the distance" ? Will they leave it as a mystery or will they create an actual "relationship" ?
Harry seems to be their man for all things PR/publicity stunts (Cara,Emily Ostily,Caroline maybe and now Taylor) which is understandable since he is the most popular member and all but it's sad really.
By the way J,i agree with your opinion.
- @r585 I think it'll be a relationship that eventually gets broken up due to distance. They'll use the whole tour and busy schedules excuse.
What would entertain me more is if it's actually a real relationship.
- The curious thing to me is Harry's response on the Late Late Show in Ireland when asked about Taylor.
The interviewer asked about that rumor Taylor asked one of the 1D boys to dinner but people found out about their reservations so they didn't end up getting dinner. Harry straight out said: "She didn't ask me" (and we've all assumed him and Nick had a roast dinner at a mutual friend's house and then Nick spent the night at Harry's house) and then it was kind of implied that she maybe asked Liam since he changed the subject when asked.
So how does that all tie in? Did they just decide recently to move forward with the Taylor rumors?
- J that night after the awards Harry was with Nick,there was a picture of a fan who met them afterwards and she took a pic with Harry and mentioned that Nick was with him.
In fact that entire Friday/weekend were spent by H/N together and if Harry was at least friends with Taylor,wouldn't he go out with her? But he didn't so even as a friendship this whole thing just makes no sense.
I think yes it was probably a rushed decision for whatever reason,if Harry was indeed with her and about to announce it why didn't he say anything on Ellen or on Today Show? It's all so rushed it's ridiculous!
- We discussed The "Haylor" thing in Part 3. With Demi/Niall and Leona/Liam never really taking off wasn't this inevitable? If it wasn't Taylor, it would have been Cara. Both parties have everything to gain from this from a PR point of view, especially if as usual Harry doesn't confirm anything, leaving him theoretically available. Though confirming their relationships never stopped people from claiming Louis and Zayn's girlfriends were beards anyway..
Taylor is now in her cross-over stage (country to country/pop) and has been making good inroads into previously uncharted territories, like the UK and some parts of Europe. Aside from this, she needs material for her music and long ago decided that short term relationships with famous men was the way to do this, as it gets people talking.
I'm actually fine with "Haylor" as it's a union I understand. I like both parties, and I think they both genuinely admire each other. She fits Harry's Cosmo description of the girl he likes, as Taylor looks more like a librarian than a pop star. I've long expected Harry to get together with someone really famous, as Grimmy predicted a while back. Harry and his people seem keen to get rid of the manwhore image perpetuated by the media, and would certainly also want to get rid of the emerging gay rumours. Whatever the reasons, it makes great copy; a match made in PR heaven :)
Doesn't change anything we've discussed before though. Liking someone doesn't mean you fancy them, and from what I've heard of Taylor she has some rather traditional views. I expect everything they do to blown out of proportion. They're both on the road for most of 2013, so we're talking a dinner date here and there for the best part of a year, and some chaste hand-holding while Harry gets his rocks off elsewhere.
Harry writing with Gary Lightbody is VERY interesting. Is this why he's been going to LA? Are they hoping to trial his solo work while 1D is still going? Why would he write for the band on his own when they've just released an album? Gary Lightbody is friendly with Ed Sheeran (Ed supported them on tour) and of course Ed and Taylor are now close friends.
I was surprised to read in some rag that the Harry doll is now the 3rd most popular of the 5, according to Amazon. (This is in contrast with HMV, where the Harry slipcase album outsold all the others, including the ordinary "Take me home" album). I wonder if it was felt that Harry's popularity was being adversely affected by all the womaniser/gay rumours?
- To be fair no one said they were dating and it was tweeted about right before X Factor. So it could have been for that and Harry can continue to say they're friends. I'd be surprised if this was taken very far, at least for more than a couple weeks.
- When has Taylor Swift ever dated a straight guy?
- R588 The picture/fan you're talking about is actually Xfactor the night before the teen awards. Though I agree that we've got photographic evidence Harry spent almost the whole weekend with Nick and would not have had a chance to see Taylor.
I just wanted to point out that he seemed to be denying it a few weeks ago and now all of a sudden it's going forward full throttle. I wonder what would have caused the rush job - it's obviously going forward with a lot of sloppy mistakes.
I'm still not convinced they'll ever confirm anything. Might be like the Harry/Caroline thing where they'll say they are friends until it "ends". Dinner after the VMAs (with friends) is the only time they've been spotted together as far as I know.
Personally I thought Taylor and Ed Sheeran would have made a cute couple, but I guess that's not happening (He's not her usual looks preference).
- I agree with Q,they didn't say they were dating that was the obvious assumption made by people and i don't think they'll take it too far either.
NW3 do you think their "union" is honest though? I would be highly surprised if this was an actual relationship to be honest.
I also think we need a new thread?!
- R593 - well, there are several shades of grey between friendship and a serious relationship. If two people kiss a few times but no more, does that make them more than friends? I have a gay friend who used to think he was straight as he was able to date, kiss, cuddle and make out with girls for short periods. I don't think his relationships were dishonest - he needed to go through that process for various reasons...
Also as J said they'll most likely never confirm anything, which means no-one can be accused of lying a few years down the line.
Yes we need a new thread! Could a kind soul make one for us? Thanks in advance!
- I feel like Taylor is probably some kind of compromise (that is not meant against her at all) for Harry. The publicity without having to have an actual full-time beard that he has to pretend to date in an obvious way.
I'm still waiting to see if any photos turn up of this.
- Can anyone make a new thread?
- R576 - Indeed. I think this is mostly Taylor's doing though. She allegedly went after Tim Tebow in a huge way, and dating a Kennedy didn't happen by accident. Nor did Selena Gomez ditching Demi to become her best friend. She thrives on the publicity that comes with fellow celebrity association, and Harry seems to like this too, which is why I think they are great PR match.
She's become close to Ed Sheeran since the KCAs; maybe he played a role in brokering the deal?
A part-time beard is indeed the best kind of bearding. Both very busy, so no-one expects them to spend much time together.
This is exactly what happened this time last year with Harry/Caroline - news items, unconfirmed sightings, then "confirmation" from unnamed sources...
- I think it might be PR.. but because both their profiles are rising in each others countries and harry is the most popular member, similar to Niall/ Demi and that Liam/ Leona flop story.. also it would be great timing! (nothing to do with nick in my opinion, like someone previously said it really isn't a 'thing' for the vast majority of 1d fans at all)
It also helps that they are actually friends and know each others acquaintances well.. so yeah could be good to see how this unfolds as I'm not really a fan of the 'band' only H piques my interest for whatever reason so anything that raises his profile I'm cool with.. as long as it ends well for him and T doesnt do her victim act
- NW3, are you saying you think Harry and Taylor is real or PR?
You sound like you are saying there could be a real romance of sorts in R594 but a bearding/PR exercise in R597?
There a couple of unions that I could have bought into if they were to happen with Harry but I can't see how this could be anything but PR?
It's just so staged and obvious and as others have said, both parties have too much to gain (regardless of any gay rumours)
Just a bit unsure on what your view is on this is!
- I'm 99% positive Gary from snow patrol is in LA - which makes it look very likely Harry has been so.
What I don't get is, if Harry is with Nick, which I've been fairly convinced something is going on, why would he go to LA when the rest of the boys fly home? ... surely he'd want to get back as soon as he could to see him as he's been away on and off a lot? ... and why only Harry go to write with Snow Patrol, did the rest of the boys not want too?! ... it makes me think something weird is going on, I just don't know what.
Business meetings but why? ... why did he go to LA for like 2 days the other month?! more meetings?
Or I guess maybe he was just meeting a friend but he's JUST been in LA, so why fly back for a random 2 days?
Ever wish you could be a fly on the wall? ;o)