- Aren't you just so special, you cute little piglet, you?
- He's not very attractive either
- Frump fraus have their ways
- She is laughably frumpy though. I like how her hairstyle makes it look like she has dog ears, how appropriate!
- Rather nasty linking to a picture of a guy in drag I think!
- Hmm, wonder if the frump frau has sold any of his secrets to Faux News?
- She reminds me of the late actress Anne Ramsey.
- The Mrs. P needs a makeover badly.
- She looks like every nun I ever met.
- Nuns don't have sideburns like that I don't think?
- Just think, he's enough of a military whore that he married her because her father was a four-star general.
- And father is a major General!
- Yes Yes he is a major general!
- Petraeus is cunning, she was the daughter of the General in charge at West Point while he was there.
In the Army world and in DC his wife is a real rock star. I have lived in a small Army town for 20 years, I feel sorry for her. Wives of high ranking Army officers are the Army also. Many demands on them and an officer won't be a General unless his wife is rowing her boat for the Army.
- She's what I imagine Chris Farley's mother would look like.
- He's not attractive. It was his rank that probably got him attention from some female impressed by power. I wonder if he cheated with a civilian or a member of the military.
- Frump girl made the mistake so many women do of letting herself go after pregnancy. Some make up lessons and a flattering cut and color could do wonders for her.
I'm not saying that will keep a husband from straying but it might help the marriage to look as attractive as the woman can.
- R16, he really isn't attractive. Too bad there's no thread about him being ugly.
The woman with whom he had the affair was writing his biography. She is married, she was in the military and she graduated from a service academy. It's believed that he allowed her illegal access to classified information and documents and she sold the information, probably to Faux News.
Apparently he was in the position from which he just resigned when she met him. it's hard to tell whether power was an aphrodisiac in this case or she was just going through the motions to get what she wanted out of him. Early stages but it promises to be quite juicy. He'll be lucky if he stays out of jail.
- Didn't they get caught because the FBI found a security breach in his email?
- Thank you Phyllis Schlafly at R18.
- It has nothing to do with looks. It never does.
- FWIW, his wife was pretty cute when they got married
(but yes, she's in Anne Ramsey territory now).
- No, she's had a lantern jaw all along, that's not something that only grows after menopause. And David, though not great looking, does look better. He married her for her father's military connections, not her "cute" mannish jaw.
- I'm tired of people being driven out of office because of their romantic pecadilloes. If we based job security on everyone's love lives- there'd be no one left in the building.
Private lives are private. The only concern is job performance, and by all accounts his was exemplary.
This has to stop.
- It's not his love life driving him from office, R24.
It's the fact that he allowed a person access to highly classified information who did not have security clearance.
Apparently she was accessing his CIA email account and had been using his password to do so, and that's how she/they got caught.
He didn't get caught with his dick in his zipper. She got caught reading classified files.
So far it is believed she was either giving or selling the classified information to Fox News to embellish their Benghazi fictions.
- A poster on the other Petraeus thread just said it was Petraeus himself who was providing Fox with documents, not his mistress. That's even more interesting because it's unimaginable that he won't be prosecuted.
- How do you know they don't have an open marriage?
- Judgement matters, R24.
- He won't be prosecuted. He was the head of the CIA. They don't get prosecuted. Ever.
This whole story will disappear if Faux lets go of "Benghazi-gate." If Faux doesn't let go, Petraeus's gal pal has been set up to take the public fall. She probably helped him leak the info, so it's not as if she is some wide-eyed innocent. Think Judith Miller/Scooter Libby. Think Bernard Kerik/Judith Regan. I don't think Petraeus's mistress wants to go through a Monica Lewinski/Linda Tripp- like public airing of laundry. She's married, has kids and a fairly high position in the DC/military/media triangulated society. She's no ugly, disgruntled single mom, like Tripp, or a deluded girl who thinks she'll get somewhere by being a temporary fuck toy. She has connections and needs to keep them, if only for her kids sakes.
She should be smart, shut her mouth and tell Roger Ailes to shut his.
- Maybe you shouldn't be running the CIA if you can't even keep your side piece a secret.
- I think she looks devine.
- [quote]Maybe you shouldn't be running the CIA if you can't even keep your side piece a secret.
Maybe you shouldn't be running the CIA if you can't keep your side piece [bold]out of your secrets[/bold].
- She really should have found a way to avoid menopause and keep her man happy. A cunt, really, who deviated from her primary purpose in life.
Maybe it would have been different if she'd offered anal.
- You're being ridiculous OP, she's smokin' hawt!
- The other woman is married to Major Gayface.
- "I'm not saying that will keep a husband from straying but it might help the marriage to look as attractive as the woman can"
Please, Tiger Woods was married to a knockout and he still cheated on her. Shania Twain and Halle Berry also had cheating husbands. Some men cheat just because they can.
Btw, when Petraeus was younger he kinda looked like Jeffrey "Fatal Vision" MacDonald
- I'm a woman and I feel sorry for her, but I have to agree somewhat.
Yes she's the definition of frumpy. She's not hot, but that haircut, no makeup, the up to her neckline suits? That is definitely not a woman who cares about appealing to her husband any more, so I'm not sure exactly how sorry I should feel for her, maybe her husband having sex with another woman means zip to her.
In fairness though, doesn't look like the General does any more work than her to look good. Why should she have to put in more work.
- The mistress' book was entitled "All In." Ha!
- He's pretty ugly himself. Besides, Tiger Woods' wife was conventionally attractive ... Use your brain, dummy!
- He's a man. They cheat. He and his wife probably don't have sex any longer. He was looking for love...or at least, lust. He's a man. They cheat.
- R38. Is the mitresses' book about Patraeus titled:
Was she asking him, or screaming with pleasure?
- "Yes she's the definition of frumpy. She's not hot, but that haircut, no makeup, the up to her neckline suits? That is definitely not a woman who cares about appealing to her husband any more, so I'm not sure exactly how sorry I should feel for her, maybe her husband having sex with another woman means zip to her."
Please, you sound like a sexist man, not a woman. She's an older lady, no amount of makeup is going to make her look like a young hottie. Even if she were young and sexy he'd probably cheat on her anyway. Powerful guys get lots of attention from women, even if they are old and fug. Many find this attention hard to resist.
- I wouldn't be surprised if the Petraeuses lead separate lives. They might inhabit the same house, but she probably goes her own way and so does he. Separate bedrooms most likely. They probably don't actively dislike each other, so no need to get a divorce. They make appearances together as required for their jobs; that's about it.
It's not uncommon in long-term marriages. People co-exist and find what's comfortable for them. Some even like each other, but they haven't been sex partners in many years.
It's even more common among military officers and their wives because of lengthy separations due to the job. After the kids are raised, the wives stay home and drink and play bridge or whatever while the husbands hang out overseas and make grand war plans that get the cannon fodder killed.
- If I were Mrs. Petraeus I'd probably think, wrack my brains trying to figure out how often he'd cheated on me in the past and with whom. They've had long periods of separation in their marriage, so she's probably going to start filling in the gaps. Beyond the public humiliation of this scandal, I think the weight of the past is what could sink their marriage now. Maybe she'll wonder if it was based on a sham...
- She would have to care, R44. I doubt that she does, except for their daughter and how this will affect her.
- Come on, he's been cheating on her for years. She's been hurt by it and no longer bothers to try to look feminine because frankly, what's it going to get her?
I'm sure her father is dead and Petraeus started dicking around as soon as the coffin was closed.
- [quote]They cheat.
And they get fired. No problem.
- R46: [quote]I'm sure her father is dead and Petraeus started dicking around as soon as the coffin was closed.
That same thought crossed my mind as soon as I learned his father-in-law held a high-ranking position in the military.
As for his wife's appearance, it's clear to me she's someone who has not been happy in her marriage for quite a while now. I would be not at all surprised to learn this latest affair of her husband's is only the most recent in a history of many. The picture of them from back when they were much younger shows her as having been at least an averagely good looking young woman. I would guess that her evident giving up on maintaining an optimally attractive appearance is very likely a passive/aggressive action she has taken to register her dissatisfaction with her husband.
I'd like it a whole lot to soon hear that she's gotten herself a really good make-over and has dumped his cheating ass.
- This whole thing is just very sad.
- Come on, Holly, we're goin' on a PICNIC!
- When she was younger, she looked quite attractive.
- Mr. Pertraeus and friend!
- They both looked like hillbillies with good teeth when they were younger.
- God, Petraeus was ugly even when young.
- The wife is no Angelina Jolie but hubby is no Brad Pitt either. And even the most beautiful women get cheated on.
- This isn't the first time I cheated. You think I waited until I was 60 years old? Get real.
- I just see a woman who gave up on her marriage years ago.
Don't tell me it's because of natural aging, there are women older than her that still look attractive. She has the financial means to make an effort but she is not trying.
- R57. Yes, she's rather dowdy andd unattractive, but he's no oil painting himself.
They got married way too young--two months after graduation. Professionally they've done well, but personally, monogamy is tough for males and females, especially for someone as worldly as he is..
- Maybe she doesn't care, R57. Not everyone values looks that highly. She probably came from parents who weren't that good looking and she doesn't place that much importance on it. Anyway, why would she care about impressing her ugly husband who fucks around? She probably figures he can kiss her butt.
She is successful in her career, she has raised a child and has grandchildren. Maybe that's her focus, not her mirror.
A lot of the women I know don't bother to wear makeup anymore.
- And the plot thickens ... possibly another woman involved.
- My gawd when the camera went in for a close-up of Holly during David’s swearing in ceremony I jumped back in horror! Poor thing she's as homely as a mud rail fence and how David ever lasted 37 years with her is beyond me. He deserves a medal.
- "They both looked like hillbillies with good teeth when they were younger."
In that photo Petraeus resembles Kenneth from "30 Rock".
His wife was cute when she was young, not a great beauty, but not ugly at all.
She looks like a completely different person these days. Some women use menopause as an excuse to really let themselves go.
I'm sure she's wealthy and has a ton of time on her hands, she could have joined a gym and remained slim. Her skin looks good, had she not gotten so fat, her face wouldn't have chnaged in the extreme. She's more jowly than wrinkly. My God woman, put some lipstick on! She looks like a fucking nun!
Her hair? Nothing an excellent hairstylist coldn't fix, she doesn't appear to have thinning hair, just an unfortuantely bad and bizarre hairstyle!
My mom, who has always been naturally slim, never got fat, she remained wrinkle free way into her mid 70s! She never had any sort of plastic surgery let alone Botox, I remember her slattering her face with Pond's Cold Cream, nothing more! My mom always had her hair cut and dyed the appropriate color for her age.
Now, she's into her 80s, sure, she looks like an old lady, but she always looks neat and well put together and she's not even rich! Petraeus seems lazy, perhaps she is depressed?
There is NO excuse for this wealthy women to look so homely! No excuse at all, except depression.
- No, she IS oddly attractive. Look at her eyes. Physically, she could look so much better and she knows it. She chooses not to because she KNOWS her appeal is in her character. That determination in her eyes is a real turn on for some. Bet she's really charming in real life action.
- "Don't tell me it's because of natural aging, there are women older than her that still look attractive. She has the financial means to make an effort but she is not trying."
Get real. No 60-year-old woman looks like a teen model. Stop lecturing women about "not trying" because you're probably a prissy queen with plucked eyebrows and bleached hair.
Men cheat because they can. Stop blaming women for men's infidelities.
Oh for godsakes. What does it matter what she looks like? He is a military career man, away from home lots of the time,and after 37 years he cheated? She is the daughter of a 4 star general, she will stiff upper lip it and they will stay together.
- The 60ish year old women I know who look like this are very fine women who have weathered and survived much more than menopause. There been through a variety of medical challenges and have put all their energy into helping others and not seeking the limelight. Also from humble conservative backgrounds where their husbands are their first and only love. One other thing, they were not raised in California, where primping is more important than duty to others.
- This thread is absolutely ridiculous. It's so obvious that the people criticizing this woman don't have the least inkling of what a decades long LTR is like.
Do you all really think the elderly people you know who have been married for 30, 40 and 50 years are fucking like bunnies? Uh, no. They barely have sex at all. They are together because of a shared history, kids & grandkids, companionship, convenience, finances---on and on. Who would want to have sex with an old goat? Even one who "makes an effort." Yuck. I imagine a lot of older people who are still "in love" are repulsed by each other physically at some point.
Even the most beautiful woman in the world at some point has a man who's tired of fucking her. Men cheat because they want something different, not because they want something better.
If Mrs. Petraeus was a goddess her husband would still be a cheater. The only faithful men are the ones lacking in opportunities.
- "Men cheat because they want something different, not because they want something better."
Seriously. Look at the guys who cheated with homely women, like Ah-nuld and John Edwards. Some guys will fuck any ass or pussy that is made available to them.
- My brother is a serial cheater. Eventually after three second chances his very attractive wife of 12 years dumped him. He was devastated, that is, until he married wife number 2. within a year.
He admitted to me that he really loved his first wife, and she wasn't at fault, tha the would probably end up cheating again. I asked him why he did it. He said I cheated because I could. If I had gotten away with it I would still be with her, still cheating.
- [quote] He said I cheated because I could. If I had gotten away with it I would still be with her, still cheating.
You slept with your sister-in-law? Ewwww.
- You don't see ME!!!!!
Mrs. Petraeus, ripping open her Maidenform bra
- Petraeus is not bad-looking, he attracts straight women because of his prestige, power and fame. I'm sure he loves his wife like he'd love a dear friend but men think with their dicks. With the way she dresses, she looks resigned and depressed... Like the passion of their marriage set sail a long time ago.
- All of the snarky comments aside, she is still the guy's wife. And, she is most likely humiliated by this revelation. Everyone on the DL knows women who look like her or act like her. She was a devoted military wife to a heroic man and she likely stood in the shadows while he received his kudos, medals and praise from the powers that be and the media. She does not deserve the shit storm that is ripping up her life.
- Is that really her at R4, or is some jerk posting a picture of a man in a wig?
- Exactly R43. My sister and her husband have separate bedrooms and make no bones about it. They don't have sex and as far as I know, don't have any relationships with anyone else. They're comfortable or just too lazy to move on.
- R67, you are wrong in everything you said.
- she can do magic with tatar tots
- r76, the wrong ones are the ones blaming his wife for the fact that he's a cheater.
- her pussy hair bush grows thick into her crack
- R67 is completely full of crap.
Not a true word in his/her long rant.
- Another thread that continues the time honored tradition of DL misogyny. His wife was old and unattractive so that excuses him of his indiscretions.
But not to the CIA.
- Snarking on an innocent cuckolded woman because she's not red-carpet ready is typical of the womyn-hatred on this site.
Hatred of womyn and LGBT youth contributes to high suicide rates in both groups.
Stop the misogyny on Datalounge.
It's killing us.
- Daughters of Gaia unite!
Serena Windsong, of The Land
- 1000's miles from home in Afghanistan for many months if not years with an attractive, smart, gifted, very athletic 39 yr old woman embedded with you who served in the military for 10 years, graduated from West Point, has a masters and almost a Phd and is writing a closeup biography of Petraeus.....
she being an over-achiever all her life, president of the student council, known as intellectually gifted....
who wouldn't want to have an affair with her if given the chance if one is General Petraeus.
He'd be nuts if didn't want to have sex with her or become emotionally close.
Another General was on CNN today singing her praises due to all of the above, as he knows both she and Petraeus.
Petraeus and Paula used to run five miles every day together in Afghanistan.
- oh no r82 is back!!!
- Thinking about doing it and actually doing it are two different things. Patraeus had everything to lose and lo and behold...
- Petraeus was probably sex-starved and who wouldn't want to have some satisfying sex in one's life if given the oppotunity.
I'm sure he and Paula also had a meeting of the minds and an emotional coupling because she and he have so much in common and both have a strong intellectual side.
- Oh hell, even if your spouse is attractive...after 37 years of marriage, you may stll love each other, but sex may not be of interest with either partner.
- Wasn't the affair only discovered because Paula lost her shit and started sending threatening emails directed toward Patraeus?
- There is now a report that Paula was sending emaills to ANOTHER woman. Turns out she was jealous of another of Patraeus' women. If true, this isn't the only time that Patraeus has cheated. And this probably isn't the first. He didn't just start cheating at 60. He may have cheated other times when he was younger. Keep in mind that he's been away from home for long stretches at a time.
- I won't be ignored, David.
- Does Patraeus have a little bunny?
- NO, R89, if you can't even read the newspaper articles before you mouth off then keep your mouth shut.
Paula Broadwell sent some mildly threatening emails to an unnamed woman who Paula thought was trying to get close to Petraeus.
- R90, you have no way of knowing whether Petraeus has had an affair with anyone else other than Paula Broadwell so keep your mouth shut.
- The rate of male/female infidelity is almost the same these days, fellas!
After all, Paula was married as well!
- [quote] as he knows both she and Petraeus.
Oh dear. Oh dear gawd.
- R93, you STFU; I read the reports. The "mildly threatening" emails apparently frightened the woman so much she went to the FBI for help. It's all right here.
- R97, if you read the reports ignoramus R97 then why at R89 did you friggin' say that Paul Broadwell sent threatening emails to General Petraeus which is not true at all.
You obviously didn't read any newspaper articles and now you trying to cover your ignorance, laziness, and prospensity to spew lies and inaccuracies.
- [quote]After the kids are raised, the wives stay home and drink and play bridge or whatever...[/quote]
Let me guess - you're an elderly eldergay. Play bridge - really? LOL Mrs. Petraeus spends her time with organizations that help wounded soldiers.
Loving the DL hypocrisy. In another thread, posters are trashing the OP for cheating on his partner. It's okay for the general, though, because his wife of 37 years is aging and not "hot."
- sorry, typos, Paula and propensity
- Please. Has anyone SEEN Steven King's wife? She makes Petraeus's wife look like a beauty queen. And he doesn't cheat on her.
Petraeus cheated because he wanted to, period.
- Steven King is one of the ugliest men on planet earth.
- R101, your post is one of the most nonsensical posts ever posted on Datalounge.
- R94. Gawker says there's another woman. So calm down. Gawker is all the news that's fit to print on the Internet.
- No, dear at R99. Officers' wives still play bridge. I understand that's the time-honored way to pass the time when they're living on military bases, especially in foreign countries where they aren't free to wander around. They all get together at the club in the afternoon, play bridge and get drunk. There's an unusually high incidence of alcoholism among this group.
They are also expected to do a certain amount of volunteer work, but only for charities that have been deemed acceptable. Veterans are a favorite cause. Officers' wives are still expected to adhere to very old and rigid codes of behavior. Wives who rebel soon discover their husbands don't advance as quickly.
Even if Mrs. Petraeus is an active volunteer, that's a few hours a week at a maximum, hardly enough to take up all of her time.
- Give her a little more credit. She's accomplished, as well.
[quote]Holly Petraeus is currently the assistant director, service member affairs at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), where she has been an important early leader of the fledgling agency
- [quote]As for his wife's appearance, it's clear to me she's someone who has not been happy in her marriage for quite a while now.
Back in the 90s, Tipper Gore started to go to hell and I was smoking with some of my men friends out front during lunch and this sad fact came up.
We agreed Al wasn't taking care of poor Tipper, and we were all quite perturbed because we all liked her.
I saw a photo of them when they were dating and she was all feisty and human and sexual (in one of four strip photos, she bit his neck), and he just sat there like a log.
So there were problems all along, and she seemed to bloom again after leaving him.
- Some men need a certain amount of ego validation that causes them to forget/betray their values. It has nothing to do with the wife.
- So the agency Elizabeth Warren fought to establish is being stocked with people like the wife of the CIA chief?
Oh boy..... Talk about your military industrial consumer complex
- Let's not forget how the life of this cutie was ruined by her husband
- Is that Laura Bush, r110? By all accounts I've read of her, she lived her own life in D.C. with her own social circle with whom she was quite active. She'd often leave the WH for gatherings with them. I'm not sure what she's up to now that her husband has become something of a recluse and can't leave the country. It was odd that she didn't attend Betty Ford's funeral.
- R110 is Elizabeth Edwards.
- r67 absolutely is correct.
Men don't cheat because of the way they feel about the "other woman" over their spouse; they cheat because of the way they get to feel about themselves when they're with the other woman.
Some of the world's most beautiful women have been cheated on among them Sophia Loren and Elizabeth Taylor.
Some men just like being married, but they have no intention of denying themselves side stuff. I'll bet Rudy Giuliani has had more alternative pussy to Judi Nathan's then you could shake a stick at.
- I know of many straight men who really just want a harem of women. Sticking to one is just not enough for their egos.
- Broadwell's husband is a nice-looking guy.
- It's amazing Holly Petraeus is so fat and frumpy when her husband and children are active/in-shape. No wonder her husband cheated on her with younger and hotter women.
- [quote]The only faithful men are the ones lacking in opportunities.
- Have the FOX idiots tried to claim this is all because Petraeus knew something about "Benghazi" because ya know, Benghazi was way more scandalous than 9/11 and the Iraq War. Four deaths in a foreign country going through transition is much more horrific than almost 4000 deaths on American soil, another 4500 soldier deaths in Iraq and hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
- Why does she go around looking like that?
- How old is Holly Patreus? Not even 60?
- What does Mr. Broadwell do?
- "It's amazing Holly Petraeus is so fat and frumpy when her husband and children are active/in-shape. No wonder her husband cheated on her with younger and hotter women."
Tiger Woods cheated on his MODEL wife.
Stop being so sexist and retarded.
- The OTHER other woman revealed:
- Mr. Broadwell is a radiologist. They met in Germany while they were both training for ski patrol.
- So, it appears that the side piece got a bit haughty and began to believe she was Mrs. Petraeus. One look at all of her press and pictures, this woman seemed to have a glorified in all of the attention she received by her association with Petraeus. She even had a birthday celebration planned for this weekend in D.C where she invited this Press. Who does that? Especially when you live in another state. She went crazy.
- Yep, really R117.
Most average men don't have the likes of Angelina Jolie or Elizabeth Taylor coming on to them, so it's easier to be faithful. But the men who do have beautiful, sexy women throwing themselves at them (due to fame, power, or wealth).....well, they all succumb at some point.
Hollywood marriages never last for this very reason. Always, lots of opportunity with beautiful, young, sexy women.
- Sometimes she looks okay....
Even if she were in incredible shape for a near-60 year old woman, she would not be able to compete with the 40 year olds he apparently prefers to fuck.
- Holly needs a stylist.
- A senior U.S. military official identified the second woman Jill Kelley, 37, who lives in Tampa, Fla., and serves as the State Department's liaison to the military's Joint Special Operations Command, where among other duties, secret drone missions are worked on.
The military official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to publicly discuss the investigation, said Kelley had received harassing emails from Broadwell, which led the FBI to examine her email account and eventually discover her relationship with Petraeus.
A friend of Kelley and Petraeus, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, also said the two saw each other often, but the nature of their friendship was unclear.
- If Petraeus were having an affair with Broadwell while she was a junior officer in his command, can he still be brought up on charges now that he's retired?
- Must be something like that, R130. There is a reason he bowed out and it isn't just because he's a cheater. There's much more to it than that.
- I hope OP chokes on his own bile in the middle of the night- alone in his twin bed
- R130, Paula Broadwell was not a junior officer under the command of Petraeus.
R131, you desperately need to read some Washington Post, New York Times, and politico.com articles - then you won't be so lacking in information about this situation.
R121, you should also read some articles about this case. A good citizen has the responsibility to be well-informed.
- It is not sexist to mention that Holly Petraeus is butt ugly and desperately needs a makeover.
Her hair cut is horrid and she needs hair color to soften her aged face. She very much needs makeup on her face to conceal her very sallow pasty complexion and to brighten her entire personhood.
She seems to want to look as unappealing as possible or she just has zero knowledge of ways she could look much better.
- I heard the story on NPR, smartypants @ R133, and all they said was he handed in his resignation for cheating.
- ABC News reported tonight that Jill Kelley and Petraeus were not romanticly involved and that Jill Kelley is a family friend and a longtime supporter of the military.
Paula Broadwell was just worried that Jill Kelley might get close to Petraeus.
- R131, R135, that does not excuse you from not reading any articles on this situation in the Washington Post, NY Times, or at politico.com.
You are still uninformed and to be a good citizen you need to READ newspapers.
- [quote]Stop being so sexist and retarded.
Yeah, r122. It's so sexist to argue that straight men are more attracted to nubile young woman than to fat frumpy fraus. How fucking sexist can gay men GET?!!?!?
- R131, you automatically believed R130 while R130 is speaking from ignorance and from lack of good judgment in suggesting something that has no basis in fact - the idea that Paula was a junior officer under the command of Petraeus.
Why are you so quick to believe a vastly uninformed non-reading person such as R130?
- "It's so sexist to argue that straight men are more attracted to nubile young woman than to fat frumpy fraus. How fucking sexist can gay men GET?!!?!?"
No, dipshit, it's sexist to blame a woman for her husband's infidelities. Yeah, you're right that straight men are more attracted to younger women....which is why it's so stupid to blame her. Even if she lost a ton of weight and bought the whole MAC makeup counter she'd still be 60. And the mistress is hardly "nubile" but whatever.....
- [quote]Why are you so quick to believe a vastly uninformed non-reading person such as R130?
I happen to be a reading person, Jackass at R139. Broadwell has been recalled to active duty a number of times. Though I've been reading about the scandal, there has been no claim that she never served within his chain of command.
Since you read so much, r139, and seem to think you're the expert on the matter, please link to information regarding her active duty dates and where she was assigned for each of those missions.
- What no one here seems to get is that Holly isn't a woman who has sat at home and spent her days deciding on drapery fabric or if she should ask the maid to color coordinate her uniform to match the carpet.
In short, she's not Ann Romney or Cindy McCain. She has a job, she's educated and she has better things upon which to focus her life than whether or not anyone here approves of her hair or clothing choices.
I know this will be met with disbelief, but some people simply don't value appearance over substance. Sure, she could have tarted up a bit, but that doesn't make her less human.
- R130, you are nearly Foxian in your desire to extrapolate.
- It really doesn't matter what his wife looks like, by the douche DL standard, no matter what a man does, it's ALWAYS the wife's fault.
It's like Fox fucking news on here.
- She might make a really good blonde (after she drops a few pounds, that is).
Champagne-blonde and an updated style: it could really turn her life around.
- What's worse is David Petraeus flaunted his whores in front of his wife's face. That shows a ridiculously low level of integrity right there.
- I'm laughing at the poster who believes we'll be better informed on any subject if we read the Washington Post or NY Times.
Does the name Judith Miller ring any bells?
- On TV tonight, they are showing a photo of Mr and Mrs Petraeus with Jill Kelley and Kelley's twin sister.
Holly Petraeus has brown hair in the photo and looks a million times better with the brown hair.
She would look even better with various shades of mixed blonde colors like Hillary Clinton has.
- R67 is NOT wrong.
- And she should invest in some good shape-wear. SPANX could become her new best friend.
- Maybe Michelle Duggar can offer Mrs. Petraeus some hairstyling tips. Earlier today, "Michelle Duggar haircut" was trending higher than "David Petraeus."
Just checked again. Still is.
- Don't be absurd r142. I don't buy that "too busy with my job to care about my looks" mantra.
He is a general out risking his life for a living so his wife had EVERY obligation to look her best or at least TO TRY, but that selfish wife of his decided to be lazy with her looks. This serves her right!
Btw, have you read how accomplished the mistress is in comparison to the wife?
- Really R152? Please admit you're a just a shit stirring troll. Plenty of women who are both "accomplished" AND beautiful get cheated on.
- Is R152 quoting out of Joan Crawford's book?
- [quote]Btw, have you read how accomplished the mistress is in comparison to the wife?
At blow jobs, or life in general?
Apples and oranges, comparing a 40 year old woman with the 60 year old woman of a military officer in terms of their career success.
As an example of the disparity, in the 20 years between the two women, military careers opened up for women. The mistress graduated from a service academy; that option was not available to the wife.
The wife was able to make what was probably considered a good marriage at the time because of her father's successful military career, not on her own merit.
It would not have been acceptable for her to have a job outside her home while she was married to a military officer, especially when she had a child to raise and a husband's career to devote herself to.
It was acceptable for the wife of a military officer to have a degree in something appropriate, but only if she promised not to use it until she was too old to be successful in a career of her own. A degree in something like engineering or quantum physics would have been frowned on. Communications would be on the approved list, as would art history.
- I think we can all agree that nobody's going to say shit when Holly goes for extra helpings on Thanksgiving.
Hell hath no appetite like a woman scorned.
- NPR report from a family friend says Holly is "furious" with her husband. Is she angry that he cheated or is she angry because it made the news?
- R155, the generation you describe was the generation BEFORE Holly Petraeus' generation or even two generations before her generation.
It certainly is NOT Holly Petraeus' generation of women which you describe.
- Her husband is no prize, he is short and ugly, could you imagine him fat?
- Of course she is angry. She trusted him. Do you think she is out getting some on the side? No, and that is part of why she looks the way she does. She was comfortable and secure in her marriage and didn't feel the need to do 100 pushups a day and starve herself in order to be appealing after 30+ years of marriage, which was most likely not easy. She is married to a man who claims to believe in family values. It probably never crossed her mind that he would cheat, especially at his age. She is probably furious, not just at him, but at everyone who helped him do it. She probably met Paula several times. Hell, she probably had her and her husband over for dinner. She probably feels like a fool and is questioning everything.
I know that a lot has been made of her poor looks but the woman doesn't deserve this scrutiny. Not at 60 and not after she most likely raised their kids on her own while he was away for months, years at a time building his career. If he wasn't happy, he could have divorced her or separated. Based on the pics of the two of them, he seemed happy when they were together. He probably gave no indication he was unfaithful.
- My GOD Tipper and Al Gore were a good-looking couple.
- I agree with R160. Well said.
- R60, you act as if 60 is old, 60 is the new 40! My sister is a few years younger than Mrs. Petraeus, she looks around 35!
That's the problem with someone like Holly Petraeus, NEVER let yourself go because you're in a long term relationship. NEVER, there is NO excuse. Sometimes it's not even about getting fat, get a professional haircut, wear some makeup. It takes very little. Besides looking like a nun, she also looks very weird, a bit crazy.
Women, and men, should NEVER get too comfortable in their marriages or relationships, there will always be someone waiting in the wings for your partner's attention, especially if that partner is wealthy, accomplished and/or famous. And especially if that partner travels a lot due to their job, their eye will wander, especially when the are coming home to a disheveled partner.
NEVER get complacent in any relationship.
I always laughed at my 25+ cousins, men and women, who married young, they let themselves go by 30-35! It was as if their lives were over. They all stopped going to the gym, the females stopped wearing makeup and started gaining 20+ pounds and walking around in baggy clothes and sweatpants.
Here were these once active, attractive, smart and fun people letting themselves completely go and not only physically, they all became dull and boring people, They all used 'being married and having kids' as an excuse.
Who cares how busy Mrs. Petraeus was, surely she could have taken some time to get a flattering haircut.
Hell, you don't have to look like Brad and Angelina, but there's no excuse to look as if you crawled out from under a rock, especially when you have the time and financial resources to maintain your looks!
Holly Petraeus is angry and shocked, really? She must be kidding herself or she hasn't got an ounce of self awareness. For all her so-called intelligence she isn't very bright.
- My above post was meant for R160, not R60.
btw, R160, you sound like a frau.
- r160, that is patronizing.
She grew up in a military family and became a military wife.
I'm sure that she was aware of the possibility of her husband cheating regardless of her appearance.
As people upthread have said, men cheat for a variety of reasons.
- I also wanted to add, people should also maintain their weight because of health reasons, it isn't always about remaining appealing to your partner or because you are on the prowl for one.
Being middle aged doesn't give everyone a green light to let themselves go.
Overweight people are at a higher risk for Type II diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
- Turns out Jill Kelley is Middle Eastern. Maiden name Jill Kwawam and her family ran a small Philly restaurant called Sahara.
She's had a lot of work done to look as good as she does - obvious nose job, cheek implants, etc.
She is a social climber, hooked up with a really fugly Cancer surgeon and banged out his kids for $$$$$$.
- Sounds like Jill Kelly should be the patron saint of DL.
- Petraeus wasn't "away building his career".
He serves THREE tours of combat duty in Iraq and served on combat duty in Afghanistan.
You, R160, trying to diminish how he was in combat and putting his life on the line for years at a time is abhorrent.
And you're trying to diminish Petraeus in order to prop up his wife for your own beliefs.
- R163, I could not agree with you more. You are right in every aspect. I very strongly agree with everything you said.
- Girls, please take a good look at her dentally challenge leprechaun of a husband before you have conniptions over her "frumpiness".
- wrong linkie ...
- Al was hot at r161....BUT don't he and Tipper look sa little butch/femme?
- [quote] It has nothing to do with looks. It never does.
You type fat, R21.
She looks like an aged beagle. Even if she could deliver Wallis Windsor quality blowjobs I don't think it's rescuable.
- Foreigners, Catholics, Mormons, Jews, Women! A mish-mash of histrionics!
- It's a tragedy that conquering generals can no longer claim the spoils of war: nubile virgins to ravage. I think she was delusional to let herself go to the degree she apparantly has when married to such a testosterone fuelled man. Expecting a leader of men to come home to a sadsack? What was she thinking? Even a $50 makeover at the hairdressers could have made a world of difference. The only unconditional love is between you, your parents, and your dog. Everything else needs to be earned, every single day.
- So true, R176. You explain it and describe it perfectly.
And you are very wise to know that love has to be earned every day between spouses. Life long love is not a given or unconditional between spouses.
- I know, R176. She should have met him at the door every night wrapped in Saran Wrap like one of the Phyllis Schlafley clones suggested for women.
No sacrifice is too great when it comes to pleasing your man.
Wives should always be lovers too...
- I am insanely hot, you are not.
So what about her looks.
"King David" is a con artist as well as
I am sick of slut shaming.
Homophobes as well as judging women by
Everyone can see mine.
Someone hacked into my account.
And posted a topless bikini shot.
Frankly my dear:
I don't give a damn.
Everyone else does.
As Always ; M
As Always ; M
- This isn't about you, M, you dumb cow.
- Maybe she was happy with the arrangement of being Mrs Petraeus and perks that entailed while he was playing around?
- That's probably true, R181. The problem is that these arrangements always hinge on discretion.
- [quote]I am insanely hot, you are not
You've got the insane part of it right but you'll never be hot, snookums.
- Maybe she thinks she looks good? Not everyone has good taste you know. I mean, her hair is combed nicely and she's not walking around in a sweat suit or jeans and a muffin top.
Perhpaps she really thinks she looks good in her ensembles.
She does have a nice smile and bright eyes.
- If M is hot it's because she's having a hot flash. Menopause takes no prisoners!
- No it is about how women are treated
I am sick of slut shaming.
Homophobes as well as judging women by
As Always ; M
As Always ; M
- As per the lyrics: love IS a battlefield. It needs to be fought for, defended, and reclaimed with every last fibre of your being until your last breath. What love isn't: a monarchy with God given rights and privileges. Yet the outrage of dumped fraus shows that this delusion is endless.
- Stop it! M is M!!! Not this poseur "as always" M
- Over 7,000 men attempted to "date" me on a 3 month tour of match.
They pick women like baseball cards.
I am a hot bitch, not from menopause either.
Don't think gay men applied for the position.
Stop slut shaming.
Stop with the house frau crap, too.
Just google my name "Marcie Wogan".
Someone took the time to post private shots.
A Lot of Heterosexual Interest.
Not from DL Crowd.
Obviously, not a fag hag boys..
As Always ; M
- Go away, M. Nobody cares.
- No you just care enough to rag women about
Do people hack into your account
To see private pics?
Bitches,jealousy just sets off my green eyes.
As Always Your M2
As Always ; M
- please kill yourself "as always, M"
- Seems it wasn't just Broadwell
here's how and why the FBI got involved
The rapidly unfolding saga of David Petraeus, Paula Broadwell, Jill Kelley and an unnamed FBI agent is getting trashier by the minute. The Wall Street Journal dropped a scoop on Monday evening with fresh details about the case, including a report of a man who sent shirtless photos of himself to Kelley, the accidental whistleblower. Believe it or not, the man sending sexy pics is not David Petraeus -- you know, the guy that just got caught having an illicit affair with his too-fit biographer. It's the FBI agent.
But wait there's more. Evidently, the FBI agent who opened an investigation into some harassing emails that Kelley, a friend of his from Florida, got a little too involved in the case. According to The Journal, the agent's "supervisors soon became concerned that the initial agent might have grown obsessed with the matter, and prohibited him from any role in the investigation."
Meanwhile, the investigators who worked their way through a maze of anonymous email exchanges between Petraeus, Broadwell and Kelley ascertained that the former CIA director and his friend from Florida may have gotten romantically involved as well. One email described a night at dinner when the anonymous writer claimed to witness Kelley touching Petraeus "provocatively" under the table. "Provocatively" is WSJ's word. We're guessing the email was a little bit more specific with what was going on with the under-the-table touching.
- I thought from the beginning of this that Petraeus is probably a serial cheater who finally got caught.
Mrs. P will probably get a nice divorce settlement, half of everything (including his military pension). She could probably afford to keep a young lover on what she ends up with.
- [quote]she could probably afford to keep a young lover on what she ends up with.
I think cats will be her only option.
- Too many pretties out there wanting to be kept. She only has to be alone if she wants to be.
- R194, a 60 yr old woman who looks like Holly Petraeus would find a young lover??
I guess you're thinking someone might team up with her for her money.
- Well, nobody is screwing her husband for his looks, are they?
- R196, what a skewed, unreal, untrue view you have of the life of 60 yr old women.
- What I know is that a woman who has money can buy love the same way men do, R199. It's been done for centuries.
- "My sister is a few years younger than Mrs. Petraeus, she looks around 35!"
Yeah, right. No 60-year-old woman looks 35, not even the rich and famous ones who've had plastic surgery.
"Who cares how busy Mrs. Petraeus was, surely she could have taken some time to get a flattering haircut."
Why the fuck do you care so much about her hair?
"Here were these once active, attractive, smart and fun people letting themselves completely go and not only physically, they all became dull and boring people, They all used 'being married and having kids' as an excuse."
The smart people are usually the ones who don't care about shallow things like looks. You sound like a shallow himbo - are you the Situation from The Jersey Shore?
- Most 60 year old women are relieved to be free of sex with their husbands after 37+ years of marriage. All they ask is discretion and that the life they built won't be disturbed by their husband's idiocies.
- [quote] Most 60 year old women are relieved to be free of sex with their husbands after 37+ years of marriage. All they ask is discretion and that the life they built won't be disturbed by their husband's idiocies.
- Well, you can't always get what you want, R202. If she knows a really good divorce attorney, she might end up doing very well for herself.
- Funny how this thread has gone from she's too ugly to live to she wants to sit home alone and knit.
- Women can't win.
I've posted a photo of Jill Kelley:
Bitches stop with shaming women.
Holly is not responsible
For her husband's bad taste.
I'd rather be a lipstck lesbian
Than be ridiculed for frau-ness.
I don't qualify for either.
Would be proud to be member of both clubs.
As Always ; M
- Are you an older woman, R199?
- [quote]I'd rather be a lipstck lesbian Than be ridiculed for frau-ness.
So nice to know you place lipstick lesbians just a step up from fraucows.
- "So nice to know you place lipstick lesbians just a step up from fraucows"
Pretty much everything is better than a womanhating fag.
- This is why I neutered my dog.
Holly isn't responsible for
Her husband's trashy taste.
Holly was a National Merit Scholar.
Jill Kelley is no looker.
In no order of preference:
Dykes,Lipstick Lesbians,House Fraus are all
Better company than dogs off their leashes.
I posted Jill's photo so you can rag on her,too
That time of the month?
Moody, surfing the red wave...
As Always ; M
- Did the General have an affair w/Jill Kelley? I know it has not been mentioned officially,,,but it does seem suspicious?
And M, Jill is fugly..
- [quote]It really doesn't matter what his wife looks like, by the douche DL standard, no matter what a man does, it's ALWAYS the wife's fault.
Many here literally worship straight men. I read a post yesterday from someone who referred to them as "Gods."
vomiting as I type
- Roundup For DL:
Noted hagiographer Paula viewed "touching" under the dinner table.
This is what sent her into her fury of then emailing Jill Kelley about her cheating on "her man".
All parties were married: to other people.
This is a soap opera presented by
Lifetime Channel. Paid for by Taxpayers.
My website will direct you to WSJ coverage of the "naughty" touching that led to the threatening emails that led to The FBI investigation that led to the sending of an FBI agents own shirtless photos to 1 of the women involved.
These were so called "intelligence" agencies involved. Many with degrees & honors & I'll bet they were Eagle Scouts, too.
Send In The Clowns: This Is Getting Uglier.
Quit picking on women for the actions of their
As to my sexual orientation, I was born this way. Strictly dickly. Not by choice.
Not everybody is lucky enough to have other options. I neutered the dog.
Your Only M
Meryl doesn't post here.
As Always ; M
- Just Follow me on Twitter
Twitter Followers Get Breaking News First
Jill Kelley was recipient of topless photo.
I am sick of these morons.
Sure DL could write better script.
This is what happened, cannot change the facts.
Cannot change my sexual orientation either.
As Always ; M
Play nice: I know if Thomas is a bottom or a top.
Also, those who hacked into my private pics weren't interested in the hot straight guys working for The Department of Defense who sent me very revealing photos you would enjoy.
Very hot stuff....
As Always ; M
- the bottom line is: no man would want to have sex with her. there is not the least thing about her that is attractive. she allowed herself to degenerate into that condition. she could have kept active, had a great hairstyle, remained slim and as attractive as possible but she didn't, by choice. so...who's to blame Petraeus for stepping out? he made a poor choice because the woman's obviously a psycho. but I don't blame him for looking elsewhere.
- "Yeah, right. No 60-year-old woman looks 35, not even the rich and famous ones who've had plastic surgery."
I never said my sister was 60, I said she was a few years younger than Holly Petraeus.
My sister is 54, she has always looked youthful, she has always looked much younger than her age. Great skin runs in our family, she doesn't have any wrinkles and neither do I. She has luxurious glossy youthful hair, everyone always tells her she has "Pantene Hair'. Her hair is as gorgeous as Eva Longoria's hair looks on those TV ads.
Looking 'young for your age' doesn't mean a woman has to dress like a whore, in too short dresses or spiky shoes nor does it mean a man has wear skin tight A&F T-shirts and skinny jeans when he's 50.
Maintaining a fresh youthful look is also very much about how one carries themselves, it's not always about coming across as younger, it can be about spirit.
Face it, Holly Petraeus looks like a real drip. Her sad sack appearance makes people assume she IS sad and depressed.
I have some long time older friends, a few are about 10-15 years older than I am. These guys project an air of coolness and hipness, you know like an aging rocker who doesn't look stupid because he doesn't dye his hair jet black and doesn't continues to wear skintight clothing? These guys simply look cool and fashionable, they don't look silly as if they are trying to re-capture their youth. Two of them are fine artists and they look the part.
"Why the fuck do you care so much about her hair?"
Her hairstyle is so bizarre, it looks like a cross between a Cocker Spaniel and the Quaker Oats man! Not many people would find her hairstyle flattering. From the looks of it, I'm assuming she cuts and styles her hair herself, a professional stylist would not allow anyone to leave their salon looking like that!
I've worked in the visual arts my entire working life, a long time. The first thing we see when we meet a person, is their appearance, how they present themselves. If you tell me people aren't hired based on their looks, well, you are lying. This is true, especially in fields where a person's ability takes a backseat over their attractive looks.
Sure, it's unfortunate they a lot of people judge others on appearance, but face it, that's ALL we have to go on before we get to know a person, before we even talk to them. What initially attracts one person to another but their appearance? You look at an attractive man who might be your 'type', then you want to meet him, no?
Double standards exist in the str8 world (Harvey Weinstein and the gorgeous fashion designer Georgina Chapman, anyone?! A stunning younger trophy wife and an incredibly unattractive weasely but very wealthy mogul) and gay men can also be quite petty about others looks.
It's hilarious that so many here seem to be alarmed that many posters are commenting on this woman's looks, this is, after all, a gay gossip forum!
- Yeah, he's a real catch. Don't know why she didn't get that hair done specially for him.
- You should be neutered as well:
Shaming women for husband's behavior is
Game of Fools.
Take this up with your therapist.
I wanted to be bi, I just didn't make the cut.
Sexual orientation isn't a choice.
Born this way.
Your M Of Datalounge bitches.
Meryl does NOT post here.
As if, really.
As Always ; M
As Always ; M
- I think she's a nice looking woman when she smiles. She really lights up.
- Why would she let herself look like that? It's her fault
- her pussy is very hairy as is her hole
- The women in this story all come across as crazy.
The wife who looks like a Hanna Barbera cartoon on a bad day. She let herself go ages ago.
Bored husband cheats on her with younger and slimmer woman.
Then the husband's mistress sends threatening emails to a female acquaintance of the couple, thinking the husband is doing her.
The other other woman contacts the FBI to complain which makes everything blow up in the public.
Oh the drama!
- Already noted this is a low rent Lifetime Channel Miniseries event.
Right person could coo sweet nothings in my ear to get control of project.
My contacts are very noteworthy.
Players, you have been outplayed.
As Always > M
As Always ; M
- [quote]and gay men can also be quite petty about others looks.
You don't say, R176. Snort.
Can't wait for you to throw yourself off a bridge when you can't keep the wrinkles at bay any longer. You're already a bit long in the tooth. Young gays are laughing at you because you 'think' you're still hot and you aren't.
Oh, and I'm fucking your bf
- Stop pimping your lame shit here R183. You've already been warned.
- [quote]It's hilarious that so many here seem to be alarmed that many posters are commenting on this woman's looks, this is, after all, a gay gossip forum!
Because you're gay, dumbass. What women look like is none of your business. You don't see us commenting about what men look like and believe me, there is a hell of a lot of more to pick apart. I guess women do EVERYTHING better, including being gay!
- Please. I remember my mother fixing her hair and putting on lipstick when my dad was expected home - she did it because she cared about him and wanted to look her best for him. Men do the same for women. It's called making each other happy. A simple enough gesture to make toward the person you are supposed to love. It's the natural law of attraction.
Stop being intellectual idiots about this as if you don't try to make yourselves as attractive as possible including you, Ms Vanity aka "M." Your vanity and ego when it comes to your perceived appearance takes the cake.
Holly looks like she goes out of her way to look unattractive - as if she wants to turn him off. Maybe she does this in other aspects of their marriage as well. Sexuality is very visual especially for men.
Holly was a merit scholar? LOL! So were lots of us - that's pretty meaningless when you're an adult. Gee what were her SAT scores?
I can easily see how Petraeus may have bonded with this younger soldier. They had a lot in common, they worked closely together & because of the book he probably shared a lot of his life and feelings with her and he may have been miserable in his marriage. No matter how successful you are there are some things that you can't live without for long - sex, love, physical affection. Many people in long marriages gone cold don't realize that their feelings have shut down or what they are missing until they are awakened again.
- [quote]I remember my mother fixing her hair and putting on lipstick when my dad was expected home - she did it because she cared about him and wanted to look her best for him. Men do the same for women.
Fix their hair and put on lipstick? Not where I grew up.
Your mother was a geisha. Holly Petraeus is not.
- You're very invested in this topic aren't you, R187.
- I think R187 is very accurate and right on in saying:
What love isn't: a monarchy with God given rights and privileges. Yet the outrage of dumped fraus shows that this delusion is endless.
- R230, you are very strange.
- R228, my mom was a very intelligent and independent woman. She was certainly never afraid to speak her mind and she and my dad had many disagreements over a 43 year marriage. But she loved her husband and wanted to make him happy. They would still hold hands when they walked together. It was a lovely example to see two people caring enough about each other after so many years.
If you don't understand about trying to make yourself attractive to your partner/spouse then you're a fool. Both partners in a relationship have needs and it's no use having a relationship - a real one and not just an economic/contractual one - if you don't care enough about each others' needs. I hope at least you are willing to smell nice and clean for them. Or is that too geisha-ish for you?
R227 Reality based
- r231 is a frau....I'm beginning a trace on her IP address as we speak. I will let DL know of the results and where to find her.
- Do you give that lecture often, R232? It's bullshit from the 50s that doesn't work now.
- Have right at it, idiot @ R233.
- r235 etc....you sound like you are frumpy and ugly like Mrs. P. Did you husband leave you too? Are you bitter? Maybe you should kill yourself! Do it!!! You'll never be as good as her.
- [quote]a geisha. Holly Petraeus is not.
A Geshia must stop a man with one look. Holly Petraeus could induce vomitting with one look.
- Why are the post numbers all screwed up on this thread?
- [quote]she did it because she cared about him and wanted to look her best for him
[quote]Men do the same for women.
Hahahaha....oh my sides!
- Sorry, that "over invested" comment was directed at the delusional queen with the "Happy Housewife" mom @ R227, not at R187.
- I'm beginning to feel sorry for some of you posters. Nobody has ever tried to be attractive for you or please you? Wow! That's a 50s thing? Wow! Not at DL. We always care about how we look.
What the hell do you think gets people together in the first place? If you think that need disappears you're either very young and in for a huge shock one day or you're Holly Petraeus who's already had her shock.
R233, hurry up with your investigation of the fraus. I think they're fucking with our numbers.
Too many to count
- You are so funny, R236. If you only knew how wrong you are. That's not too surprising, considering how deranged you sound.
- It is not 1950's mores to want to look attractive for your partner.
- What are books? What is literature?
- Why is it always the biggest misogynists like r241 who deify their mothers. Guys are so fucked up.
- Of course it isn't, but it sure rang that little momma's boy's bell.
However, the stuff about the mother being home waiting for time for the father to come home was a page right out Ward and June Cleaver's book. Now the mother is as likely to be late coming home from work after a long day as the father is.
- LOL! R245, I'm a full grown woman. I love and admire women - well for the most part. There are plenty of bitches running around. Back to remedial writing analysis for you.
My mother didn't work so she was usually home when my dad got home.
But I admit I adored my mother. My brothers adored her as well. She was loving, kind, very humble, very beautiful and very principled. Much of my very liberal, even radical stances come from her and that was waaaay back in the day. I can't imagine I'll ever be as good a person as she was. She would be amused that someone thinks she was a geisha. Though she was a very sophisticated and beautifully groomed NYC gal.
R241 & many others
- My mother stayed at home too, and she was sometimes very strong, but that was a very different time. The reality is that when men were the sole wage earners in the home, they had more power.
Many mothers today work as many hours as their husbands, then they go home and do most of the child care, cooking and housework. It doesn't work and is patently unfair to hold them to a standard that existed decades ago.
Having said all that, my theory is that Holly Patraeus was a partner to her husband and his success was due to their combined efforts. Having come from a military background, she knew how the game was played, perhaps better than her husband did in the beginning.
- no one cares about your mother r248...you sound as old as dirt...please die.
- After you, R249.
- [quote]Having said all that, my theory is that Holly Patraeus was a partner to her husband and his success was due to their combined efforts
Do you wear Christmas sweaters r250?
- Nice try at humor, R251.
- you can see the lack of self-worth in her eyes...there were many affairs and many years of denial by the pasty little porker in the plaid coat
- This article says his men called him Mr. Burns.
- Now we get to see US General John Allen's wife as well. The General currently in charge of Afghanistan is under investigation for 20,000 to 30,000 exchanges (mostly emails) with married Jill Kelley.
The unpaid "social liason" in Tampa also a "special friend" of David Petraeuseus. Gosh she sure is a busy lady. Married as well, that whole "sancitity of marriage" doesn't appear to effect Jill's fondness for Generals.
Apparently, the US is running out of Generals who are not penpals of Jill Kelley. I feel certain these will eventually be determined to be just the ususual stuff: discussion of the weather, recipe ideas, etc. All 20,000 to 30,000 of them.
Your own M2 keeping you informed here at DL.
As Always ; M
- Stop pimping your shit here R255. No one needs to be "kept informed" via the illiterate ramblings of your blog.
- One can agree with you, r216, as I do, about "not letting yourself go," however, you seem to be operating from the premise that if you don't, that guarantees that your partner/spouse won't stray.
Nothing could more incorrect. As someone upthread so eloquently put it, no matter how beautiful a woman is, someone is tired of fucking her.
Christie Brinkley, Elin Nordegren, Sophia Loren, Elizabeth Taylor could attest to that.
One again- men don't cheat because the other woman is better then their spouse;they cheat because of the way they feel about THEMSELVES when they're with her.
And the satire just writes itself- now Morning Joe is asking that paragon of fidelity Newt Gingrich about the Patraeus affair.
- It's a little odd that Petraeus behaved like an irresponsible idiot and yet his wife is being scrutinized and judged as if she'd been the one having the affair.
- [quote]my theory is that Holly Patraeus was a partner to her husband and his success was due to their combined efforts
At the time of their marriage, Holly had two decades of viewing how one moves up to a high rank in the military while her new husband had only four years experience with the military. I have no doubt that she played a vital role in helping her husband get ahead in the early years of their marriage.
While we can see how she eventually turned into a frumpy frau as she aged, there's no doubt that he never got ahead on his looks.
- Petraeus, prior to joining the military.
- Not everyone's raison d'etre is to be hot and to do the sexy time from here to eternity. Some people have families and invest tremendous emotional energy in their children--even when these children are grown, and want to protect that sense of family from here to eternity.
And for those people, a marriage isn't just about being fit or intellectually compatible or what have you.
If you look at the response in this thread, you can see that there are those who sympathize with the children and/or with their parents who invested in them as parents--and those who don't.
I certainly don't want to advocate that one attitude is better than the other. But it might explain why Patraeus and his wife are still together.
As for Mrs. Patraeus letting herself go--now that I am older, I think that most young people are beautiful. Not everyone ages beautifully, and in Holly's thick upper arms and well defined chin, there are are signs, even in youth, that age will not be kind. Mr. Patraeus worships exercise, and being a leader to fit young men. There was bound to be a continental divide between the two where looks and appearance were concerned.
At least Hilary dropped the headband and learned to get highlights.
- Mrs. Petraeus could be fit, hot and willing, but the problem seems to be that Gen. Petraeus was not looking for better, just different.
- A lot of couples are looking at a step down in financial status when they divorce, so they stay together. This is especially true in expensive areas like NY and DC. I knew a divorced couple who lived in the same apartment in Manhattan (with their kids) because the husband couldn't afford a place to stay until he finally found a girlfriend with a good job. (Surprise -- their kids are fucked up).
I'm sure Petraeus made decent money, but not the kind of money that former political and military people make in the public sector once they step down. I'm sure there's a certain amount of entertaining that must be done -- having certain people over for cocktails if not dinner, etc. Petraeus and his wife are used to a steady, stable life in the DC area. When he goes overseas, all bets are off.
- Ah yes, ugly wife therefore...
First of all he is just as "unattractive" as she is. In fact I would say more so- he is in shape and looks like Poindexter, i.e. a major nerd with a stooped back and hair that looks as real as a brown shag rug looks like hair. She looks like a very nice plump middle aged woman- roughly the same as 2/3 of all middle class Americans.
I have been in two long term relationships in my life- I am 59- both men were more or less 10's on the looks meter. In one case I totally lost interest physically but wanted to stay in the relationship, fix the problems (substance abuse) and work on the physical attraction part later. In the other the physical attraction remained but all else was untenable.
Petaeus is just another egotistical powerful man tempted by the adoration of sycophant and good ole horniness.
- Look, the girl is a hot ass mess. She looks like she've been slapped in the face with a wet diaper. GAWDLY! I'm sorry but some women just give up. The big secret is that most wives simply grow tired of fucking their husbands. They just don't want to be bothered by the dick no more. Seriously, she's probably doing this shit on purpose. But like I said most wives simply could care less if their husbands are getting pussy on the side as long as they don't find out about it. As in Petraeus' case, oops.
- I'm not going to attack her. She's not so much unattractive as she is ungroomed and gave up.
I have noticed there is a huge difference between military men and their wives. Most of the women are fat while hubbies are fit and in shape. You would think these women would care for themselves better than they do.
- The general is in the closet. He's just using the extra marital affairs as the lead in. Watch and see.
- R263, the Petraeus' did not live in DC most of the time as you state over the course of their 37 yr marriage.
They moved 24 times in 37 years.
They only moved to suburban Virginia right outside of DC when Petraeus became CIA Director 14 months ago.
- [quote]They moved 24 times in 37 years.
Wow, what a lonely life she must have led.
- WHO is this 'M' douchebag? Please GO AWAY.
You are tedious, no one wants to read your relentless drivel.
- Why are so many here defending this woman's frumpy ungroomed and droopy appearance? She actually looks OLDER than her 60 years!
Even if a person no longer wants to fuck their partner, why must it manifest itself in not caring about YOUR appearance? That's usually a sign of depression, it's not always because you are trying to repel your partner.
When my father stated on his road to depression, the first thing to go was his appearance, my mom caught this immediately. He didn't get fat, but he kept wearing the same clothes everyday and basically started to look like a homeless person!
I have lots friends who are not currently in relationships, one female friend even describes herself as 'asexual now', because she's had two bad marriages and no longer wants to spend the energy looking for a decent man. She hasn't let her appearance go, she doesn't have low self esteem. She is stunning. She's in shape and has a gorgeous face.
Care about yourself, for yourself, not for others. That's the problem, too many people are obsessed what others think of them. You cannot be in love with another if you don't love yourself first! I'm not talking about being self absorbed or being conceited, I am talking about respecting yourself!
I'm also tired of people blaming having children as the reason for their physical downward spiral!
Perhaps it's the field I work in, that so many of my friends still look attractive and well put together? I do find that people working in 'nerd fields' tend to slack off in the appearance department, such as teachers and academics. An old friend is a teacher, her once shapely body now looks like a barrel! She's stopped wearing makeup and dyeing her hair. Then again, I do recall her telling me she has been taking Paxil. Sounds like depression to me!
Just because a person is no longer on the prowl for sex or a relationship, this doesn't mean you must look like a schlump and just stop caring are yourself.
There is usually depression at work, when one's appearance takes such an extreme and downward turn.
- Mrs. Petraeus is not as bad as this thread would lead anyone who read it to believe.
She has postmenopausal weight gain, but so what? DL doesn't approve of her hair style, also so what?
I'm sure she's anathema to those stylists whose livelihood depends on getting women to throw out their hairstyle, makeup and clothing every season and start fresh. She's found a hairstyle she likes and she sticks with it. It's low maintenance and that's its appeal.
She probably has few or no associations with the highly styled and anorexic, those women whose feet hurt from being wedged into stylish shoes. Her women friends are probably just like her, comfortable and a bit frumpy and perfectly happy with the way they are.
- [quote]Her women friends are probably just like her, comfortable and a bit frumpy and perfectly happy with the way they are.
Exactly. Thank you. Over invested woman basher @ R271 assumes too much in making the giant leap in suggesting that someone who cares little for their appearance must be depressed. I find with older women like Mrs. P., the opposite is often the case. She's living her life on her own terms and is comfortable in her skin. She not insecure like so many women who pluck and primp and get plastic surgery in a desperate attempt to look young. Now THAT'S depression.
Lots of very attractive, high maintenance 50+ women are crying in their soup right now---dumped and unloved.
- I know a lot of straight dudes with HOT wives that still cheat. Straight men just want a different vagina.
- "Her women friends are probably just like her, comfortable and a bit frumpy and perfectly happy with the way they are."
WHO CARES what her friends think? That was the point of my last post here, you twit.
The sames goes for R273, I don't think any woman who has let themselves go that far, is, as you put it: "living her life on her own terms and is comfortable in her skin." That's just a cop out for lazy women to give up and YES, a lot of that attitude has to do with depression.
Do you want to know how many people I work with who are on anti-depressants, men and women?! A lot.
YOU have to care about yourself NOT CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK. If you were well groomed before menopause and had a certain signature style etc, no, it's not normal to not care anymore. I don't know many people who are comfortable walking around as if they just got out of bed.
When a person lets themselves go that far, be it a woman OR a man, there's something else going on, usually severe depression. I'm pretty sure if a close friend of yours suddenly had an extreme change in appearance, you'd be the first person to ask them what's going on.
Did you really READ my post? OR just pick out the part so you can call me a woman basher? All you got out of my post is that I am woman basher? Give me a break.
Reading comprehension seems to be a HUGE problem on DL.
Here's what I said: "Care about yourself, for yourself, not for others. That's the problem, too many people are obsessed what others think of them. You cannot be in love with another if you don't love yourself first! I'm not talking about being self absorbed or being conceited, I am talking about respecting yourself!"
Mrs. Petraeus must be suffering from a deep depression to allow herself to look this bad. She was cute as a young woman, this change is extreme, not all menopausal woman turn into schlubs.
Some menopausal women don't suffer from any symptoms at all. My elderly mom was one of them, she breezed through her menopause. She never gained weight, never had hot flashes, never had wild mood swings and didn't lose her hair. Don't make ANY assumptions about menopause! OR use it as excuse to become lazy.
Don't assume an extreme change in a woman's body is always part of menopause. I can't tell if the people attacking me are gay men, lesbians or visiting fraus.
Weight gain can be covered, Mrs. Petraeus was cute as a young woman. Her cuteness is still there, somewhere.
Did any of you ever watch the British version of the TV show "What Not To Wear"? Not once did either of the female hosts ask their makeover guests to lose weight. They made their guests look better simply with clothes suited to their body frames, gave them flattering hairstyles and used a bit of makeup.
Something as simple as a form fitted blazer created the illusion of a waist for a woman with a straight up and down body. Overweight people don't seem to realize, wearing very baggy clothing can actually make them appear heavier.
Mrs. Petraeus look can easily be fixed with a flattering hairstyle, it will transform her. Instead, she leaves her house looking like a cross between Ben Franklin and the Quaker Oats man.
- [quote]She's living her life on her own terms and is comfortable in her skin.
Oh, just stop. Do you really think she's been living her life on her own terms for the past week?
- The other general's wife has a similar style. Maybe that is how generals' wives look.
- I've known a few women her age like her. They allow themselves to get frumpy because the sex part of the marriage is over. In every case I know, the wife did not have a sexual relationship with the husband for years, because he was an asshole. Women let themselves go as protection. Doesn't mean they are depressed or hate their lives,they just hate fucking that asshole they are stuck with.
That's usually in cases where the couple has too much to lose, career wise, a bunch of dependent kids, religious beliefs prohibiting divorce, or whatever. When a woman wants to get laid, she dresses sexy for whatever her size and shape is. That woman is wearing a "I haven't been fucked for years" sign.
Doesn't mean it's her fault either. Maybe he's been fucking around for years and that killed their relationship. My grandmother was the same - her husband fucked around, she loathed him and didn't give a shit what she looked like, because why bother? They never divorced. Some people don't want to be alone in their old age.
Marriages of convenience.
- Why would his wife want to fuck Petraeus? He's hideous.
- R275, I would respond but you're such a mess I don't know where to start.
I will say this. Menopause is a fairly short event that marks the beginning of hormonal changes in women's bodies. Women who have undergone menopause are permanently referred to as being "postmenopausal." Many women become plumper at that time. To the degree they accept the changes in their bodies and their lives, they experience lessened anxiety and they become more comfortable. Women who assign more value to youthfulness are naturally going to experience more anxiety.
- Women's menopause can be really different from one woman to another. Some women has an easy time of it, others sweat profusely and are constantly overheated through the whole thing, which goes on for months or even years. It's ridiculous to say women are having a tough meniopause on purpose. It can be hereditary.
It's normal to gain weight around the waist after menopause. I've been reading up on this lately, because I'm about that age and I've been on a diet. I'm losing weight everywhere but the waist. It turns out this is extremely common in women over 50, because of increased testosterone after menopause. Women's caloric needs also go way down after menopause. Skinny old ladies are eating nothing and fighting their weight every day. Some women don't want to be OCD about their weight every day until they die.
If your husband is going to run out on you over your stomach size, the marriage is hopeless anyway. Fat people can have good sex. Look at Newt Gingrich. He's a fat pig and he thinks he's irresistable.
weighs 125, much bigger waist than at age 30.
- I agree with 275.
Holly exudes nothing but complete indifference and functionality. Her clothes, hair, her entire way of dressing up is functional meaning she puts something on in order not to be naked.
- "She probably has few or no associations with the highly styled and anorexic, those women whose feet hurt from being wedged into stylish shoes. Her women friends are probably just like her, comfortable and a bit frumpy and perfectly happy with the way they are."
Give me a break, looking stylish and less frumpy doesn't mean a woman MUST wear the uniform of anorexic fashionistas!
Women don't need to be 5'8" and weigh 100 pounds, they don't need to wear those ugly platform pumps with the spiky too high heels, the type of unattractive shoe which makes the front of their feet look like horse hooves or have their hair cut by Sally Hershberger or whatever her name is!
A close friend is a boyish looking lesbian, she has more style than Mrs. Petraeus. She even wears bit of makeup now and then, but even without the makeup, she has her own attractive style.
Being stylish and put together doesn't always require you wear the latest designer fashions or need to wear uncomfortable shoes.
- [quote] Menopause is a fairly short event that marks the beginning of hormonal changes in women's bodies.
My mother is 82 years old and still has hotness (not really hot flashes because the heat lasts for a long time, not just in a flash), insomnia and other symptoms that began in her 50s and never let up.
You can't predict how long someone will suffer from menopause symptoms.
- [quote]Men do the same for women.
No, they don't. Straight men who keep themselves presentable throughout their lives are the exception. Most let themselves go after marriage, if not before. Not that you'll ever read about it on DL, where all straight men are "hot."
- People on certain antidepressants can gain a lot of weight.
- R283, your friend wants to be stylish so she makes the effort.
It's not a one size fits all world, and I doubt Holly Petraeus gives a big rat's ass about being stylish. She would probably see it as a waste of time. Her social life revolves around the Army, and that's generally not a group that pays much attention to style.
She looks like she's all about comfort. A co-worker who dresses a lot like her says god made elastic for women like her.
- R284, your poor mother. You realize she's not the norm, don't you?
- This thread has become boring.
- My neighbor was an attractive older women who suddenly decided she didn't trust western medicine, modern food or medication or anything that wasn't all-natural.
She stopped wearing makeup, sunscreen, using moisturizers. She stopped dying her hair, wearing contact lenses (didn't want the chemicals used to rinse the lenses to get inside her body). She stopped using artificial sweeteners, eating processed food, taking her medicine (including her thyroid medication. She's using some "natural remedy" instead).
She gained weight, has white hair and looks like crap. But she doesn't care. She's convinced she is much healthier and will live longer.
You never know what gets into people's minds during middle age.
- Petraeus friend, socialite Jill Kelley.
- R288, In her family, she's the norm. Five female children, all never stopped having menopausal symptoms.
- Sometimes the body's thermometer never recovers completely after menopause and you are stuck with a condition which produces a sort of hot flash long after menopause - sometimes forever. It's not quite the same nor does it have the almost clockwork regularity that hot flashes can have. It's just the way it is.
I gained a great deal of weight as I went through peri and actual menopause. But I worked at it and I lost it all in my 50s and I was in great shape and could fit into my old tiny little sizes-thank goodness I preferred classic clothes. It's ridiculous to think that a woman with her resources and privileged lifestyle couldn't take the time to do something. Generals make very good money (often with lovely housing provided) and they are provided with "help" to entertain. And, as we can see with the lovely and ever helpful Jill, they have "volunteer" social secretaries.
If they get a divorce she better hang on until he makes more money or all she'll get is half of his pension - which ain't bad - plus health insurance and other military benes. I predict they end up divorced - once men realize they can have an active sex life again they want it.
- R280, you seem like a bitter idiot, a person who wants to win every argument, even though they're wrong.
I'm a mess? You're uninformed. I would like to know if you are female, because you are quite defensive about 'the menopause'. Go post at iVillage!
I have friends who are doctors, artists, basically people from all walks of life, men and women, younger, my age and older. Gay and str8. I'm a gay man, if you need to know.
I don't only know one type of person, though, working in the arts, yes, I am around people who seem to care more about their appearance than say a scientist or an academic.
I know a bit about menopause, a cousin is a GYN oncologist. Menopause doesn't always cause such extreme changes in appearance and yes, I'm quite aware how long menopause lasts.
Not everything in a woman's life goes South in menopause or in post menopause. You appear to be clueless about a subject you think you're such an expert on!
Both my youthful looking 50+ sister, the one with the luminous wrinkle free skin and gorgeous hair and our elderly mom, have experienced menopause, both of them still look great.
Neither have had plastic surgery, used Botox or had any facial or body work done. Perhaps a lifetime of not smoking, not doing recreational drugs, eating well, not consuming hard liquor and having an active lifestyle their entire lives, has helped? It could be great genes. Who knows.
My sister had uterine cancer and was advised not to start a HRT med. Yet after a complete hysterectomy, she still looks vibrant.
You coming here lecturing me about my personal experiences, then putting every menopausel women in a nice little labeled box, is wrong and quite stupid.
Don't argue with a person who knows women who have not let themselves go due to menopause, menopause is not always a valid excuse to start looking like you crawled out from a swamp!
It shows you how 'old' Mrs Petraeus looks to some people, especially when they refer to her as "an old lady". She's not old at all, she's still quite young especially as people are living much longer these days!
- Oops forgot to add that people here are spouting nonsense about military life and wives. There are plenty of stylish and attractive military wives especially among the higher ranks.
Maybe in the old days they were frumps but not so much now. A lot of them work themselves. They have free access to Officers' Clubs which usually have pools and tennis courts etc. and damn they even used to get free plastic surgery at Walter Reed - the surgeons needed to stay in practice so they needed to operate - this was before the recent wars though. So it was a joke about the face lifts for general's wives.
Holly could try to look at least professional and well groomed. She doesn't even look that. It almost seems like a form of arrogance. But she is a general's daughter and a general's wife so I wouldn't be surprised. It's the Sally Quinn attitude of thinking you're better than the rest.
- He married her to use her army connections. She, coming from a conservative army family, needed a merkin.
- Yes, R296, I forgot to add that! Holly Petraeus' look could be about her arrogance.
There are a lot of people who think they are so above it all and above everyone/
These types march to their own bizarre drum, they could give a hoot about what anyone thinks and that means, anyone!
Their appearance is a big 'Fuck You' to everyone, that could be her reason for looking like death warmed over. She brings new meaning to the words: Hot Mess!
- David Petraeus' very odd stooped back is strange for a man who is only 60.
I don't think I've seen a man with such a dramatic stooped back who is only 60.
I wonder what has caused it. His head is thrust forward like a turtle head.
I know he had two serious accidents so maybe one of those caused it. His parachute deflated at 60 feet and he fell that distance breaking his pelvis.
And he also got shoot in the chest in another incident.
- Here is a photo of Holly Petraeus from 3 or 4 years ago before her hair went ALL gray or before she allowed her hair to go all gray.
She looks better with the brown hair in this photo. Still looks like a nun though.
- R295 = Norman Bates
- R301, wow, such wit, are you a comedy writer? Such stellar talent.
It's always so easy to call people silly names when you can't add anything intelligent, or insightful, to a discussion.
- [quote] David Petraeus' very odd stooped back is strange for a man who is only 60. . . I wonder what has caused it. . . I know he had two serious accidents so maybe one of those caused it. His parachute deflated at 60 feet and he fell that distance breaking his pelvis. . . And he also got shoot in the chest in another incident.
- R302, no amount of dieting, exercise or wrinkle cream will keep me from fucking your bf.
- Norman Bates is not only funny but true.
- No man wants his wife to look like Sergeant Schultz. Our fighting men deserve better. He should have just divorced her.
- He looks like Mr. Burns so Sergeant Schultz is an upgrade for him.
- What r274 and some others said. Hollywood is filled with beautiful women who have been cheated on. Many times their men even cheat on them with women who are LESS attractive. Yet no matter how many times it happens, people act shocked.
Men are dogs. The end.
I have over 40,000 readers.
You don't like my blog?
Write your own.
Certain you will be divine.
Your lame caustic remarks don't fill pages.
Find someone on Craigslist to fix the pain.
As Always ; M
- How sad that someone's life is so pathetic that they have this bizarre need to blog about a job they once held down. It's like 90-year-old men sitting on a park bench telling about their past. Who cares? People look and shake their heads in pity.
- Is M., former criminal prosecutor, really PPSM desperately seeking more attention?
- This post isn't about life I once had.
It is about the jealous crotch sniffers of DL.
Forever worshipping their mommies.
women hating, ever so critical.
No one could live up to your standards other than an adored fag hag you once met long ago.
Bitches, feel the pain of your own game played on you.
As Always ; M
- Only a homosexual would be married to a sow like that.
- He's not exactly a dreamboat himself. I think when they first got married they were equal to each other in attractiveness and still are.
That slut "biographer" who was fucking him...God, what women will do for in order to be associated with a guy who has money and power and prestige. And that other woman, that military groupie; I guess she's been fucking army bigwigs, too. Christ, you couldn't pay me to fuck those guys. These women are REALLY fucked up.
- Petraeus wasn't very attractive at all in his West Point picture, but seems to have grown into his looks as he's aged and looks quite good for a man his age, I think.
- I love reading all the gay men arguing with each other about menopause with such vehemence.
- [quote] I have over 40,000 readers
LOL! If so then how come you only have 44 followers on twitter. So almost none of those 40,000 readers are on twitter? So do the drill and prove it.
[quote] Is M., former criminal prosecutor, really PPSM desperately seeking more attention?
Maybe a reaction to her recent divorce. She is insufferable and can't stop talking about how gorgeous and smart she thinks she is. She interprets everything from her rather odd and incredibly vain perspective.
According to her every man wants to bed her and thinks she is faaaaabulous. And everything she writes is prescient - even when it can be proven it's not. What kind of enotional cripple talks like that?
This is very typical of many prosecutors' mindsets. Often it is that arrogance and blindness to reality and to their own limitations that causes them to be wrong so often.
Since she's so into violating the privacy of others re: Thomas Roberts and even poor little "Genie," et al, maybe she'd like to share all the details of her own divorce. Maybe she could post the transcript of her divorce hearing and we could dissect it.
How about it, M?
- First of all, he's an old man who has power and that is why those women are with him. Mrs. Petraeus must have known on on some level what he was doing and just plain gave up or felt she couldn't compete. Is she a frump? Yes but has she been wronged? Absolutely. I hope she divorces him and you watch the change in her appearance. That woman has been abused.
- Do we have another [...]-Royale (or whatever its name was) on our hands?
- She may be a frump frau, but she'll never be a TRUMP frau.
- I think R318 is right. She's depressed because Petraeus has been fucking around, probably for years, knows she can't compete with younger and better looking women, and she's given up. When women like that get away from the men that are constantly undermining their self-confidence, they start caring about their appearance again.
Nothing makes you feel like improving your appearance is futile and hopeless than being married to someone who is fucking around everywhere but at home.
I bet when the whole story comes out, this women is the latest in a long line. He only got caught because he picked someone who wanted everyone to know who she was screwing. Meanwhile, Mrs. P knows she lost the war long ago and surrendered.
- Such assumptions. No one here understands older married women at all. Why do you all assume this frau was crying in her soup because her weasel husband wouldn't fuck her? Women past menopause are often no longer interested in sex and even less so when it's with the same boring dick they've been screwing for 30 years. ZZZZZZZZ.
They are quite happy and relieved to be, as my old aunts used to say, "done with all that." The thing they DON'T want though, is to lose status as Mrs. so-and-so. Many are quite aware that their husbands are whoring around (usually with paid whores) and simply don't care as long as they aren't confronted with it or embarrassed by it. Their only concern is that their position as "wife" is secure, they continue to be financially supported and their family stays intact.
The only thing that Mrs. P is probably pissed off about is the fact that the situation is now public. Now she has to put on a show of being all indignant and hurt. It forces her to act, whereas before she could be quite content looking the other way.
- I think R322 has a good point. Discretion is important to these women. Knowing is one thing but everyone else knowing is public humiliation.
- R322, I've known people in the kind of marriages you're describing. In a few cases they've had a verbal agreement but in most there was a tacit understanding that one or both will be fooling around.
The absolute bottom line requirement in every one of those arrangements was discretion. You can fool around all you want, but your partner is never to be forced to deal with your life outside the home.
I was told when the Lewinsky mess blew up in Bill Clinton's face, what Hillary was mostly pissed about was his lack of discretion and that he had hurt Chelsea. I always thought that had the ring of truth.
- The Frump Factor and Holly Petraeus
- It's one thing to fuck around, quite another to blame your partner for your fucking around. Sorry, there is no woman that's going to be happy about that. It is depressing. That's completely different than couples whose sex life is over because they're bored. You can be bored without trying to blame the other person and put them down.
I agree with the idea that some women are done with sex after a while. But why are they done? Mostly because they feel they are being used as a hole to cum in, and their partner feels contempt for them as a person. I don't know what Petraeus thought of her, but everyone else seems to think she's an ugly piece of shit that deserves their contempt. I don't think she deserves that. Nobody knows what she's like, or what he's like. She's moved dozens of times and raised their kids all over, not everyone could do that. She must have something going for her.
My guess is that in a military community, a general is a Big Fucking Deal and women have probably been throwing themselves in his face for years. Doesn't mean he's really charming or irresistable. Probably he's a conceited serial cheater who's been at it for years.
- "but seems to have grown into his looks as he's aged and looks quite good for a man his age, I think."
Are you fucking blind? He's butt ugly. No way I would ever fuck that thing.
- Mr. Petraeus also looks like a fucking frump.
Broadwell just wanted to hump a general.... no matter how weak he looked.
- [quote][bold]everyone[/bold] else seems to think she's an ugly piece of shit that deserves their contempt.
We've contacted the Vatican and are nominating you for sainthood, R326. According to you, you're the only one on the planet who doesn't see her as an ugly piece of shit.
OTOH, you must be a Fundie Republican. Who else would make such a moronic claim?
- Why would anyone want the lame advice or fashion commentary pertaining to Hollister Petraeus from you assclowns?
Grow up Peter Pan
Their personal biz is none of yours.
NOYB as my dear father (still very much alive)
Would always fill out on forms asking nosy questions about our family income, sources, etc.
He never wore makeup girls.
Air Force Captain, you jealous bitches.
Learn to mind your manners.
You are as insane as noted hagiographer Paula.
- He looks like Mr. Burns from The Simpsons; probably acts like him too:
- R330. Go. The. Fuck. Away.
- M. is changing her sig. yet again for our DL benefit. No longer the Star Jones type, she now claws her way to the top either as PPSM, or a former prosecutress, or some owl blogger, and the soon-to-be [...]-[...].
- [quote]she now claws her way to the top
The top of what? The trash heap?
- R331, no. You're a fucking bully.
- Just because they're not interested in sex doesn't anymore doesn't mean they're happy to see their husband fucking around with other women, r322.
- General Allen's wife looks like a garbage bag.
- Is she Mrs. Sandusky's sister?
- Shouldn't you boys be busy serving dinner to paying customers right now?
Contempt/jealousy of women as you cannot attract the attention of men in uniform is Conduct Unbecoming Bitches.
Why are women always blamed for hetero men's horrible taste in cheating choices?
Was Elizabeth Hurley too ugly compared to ho Divine Brown?
Elin Woods not as purty as DP porn hags?
Marilyn Monroe not able to keep a man, either.
- This is what Datalounge looks like.
- This is what self-loathing homophobia looks like.
- This is what self-loathing homophobia looks like.
- Occupy Datalounge.
- IMAGINE IF EVERY OCCURRENCE OF THE WORD "CUNT" OR "FRAU" ON DATALOUNGE WERE REPLACED BY THE WORD "FAGGOT."
- IMAGINE IF EVERY OCCURRENCE OF THE WORD "CUNT" OR "FRAU" ON DATALOUNGE WERE REPLACED BY THE WORD "FAGGOT."
- IMAGINE IF EVERY OCCURRENCE OF THE WORD "CUNT" OR "FRAU" ON DATALOUNGE WERE REPLACED BY THE WORD "FAGGOT."
- Women are gang-raped and murdered in India because of how much people like you hate women.
- Gay men are murdered every day because of how much people like you hate women. Lesbians are murdered ever day because of how much people like you hate women. Transgender people are murdered every day because of how much people like you hate women. Women are murdered every day because of how much people like you hate women. Little boys,, little girls are tortured on grade school play grounds every day, their lives ruined, because of how much people like you hate women.
- When a dog is bad, you rub his nose in is own shit and say, "No."
I rest my case.
- When a dog is bad, you rub his nose in is own shit and say, "No."
I rest my case.
- When a dog is bad, you rub his nose in is own shit and say, "No."
I rest my case.
- Will Mrs. Petraeus seek a divorce from her cheating husband?
- Actually, rubbing a dog's nose in shit does nothing to train the dog.
Maybe the troll can just eat shit and save us all the trouble.