- Florida? Poll Troll!! Hold me!
- Warren leading Brown in MA 51-48 so far.
- Any word on the gay votes - Maryland?
- It looks like Marriage is going to pass in Maryland.
The Voice of the Night
- PT, Warren's been called as the winner in a lot of places.
- Hope Warren's lead holds.
- You're welcome.
- Can someone post that link to MSNBC online streaming again? Please?
- I LOVE FARTING!
- [quote]Florida? Poll Troll!! Hold me!
The fact that Obama is Tied with Romney so far in FL is a good thing for the President. Romney is the one that has to win it. Even if Obama loses it, that's not necessarily a big problem for him.
Remember that Bill Clinton didn't even win FL in 1992. Only won it in 1996.
- Stephanie Cutter seems upbeat on MSNBC.
- R603 What the hell is an "electorial [sic] state?" Is your IQ above room temperature?
R607 I had EXACTLY the same thought! Gay Minds Think Alike!
- Get ready.....
Barack Obama, two term President of the United States.
Sometimes we aren't as stupid as we seem here in America. We're going to re-elect the President tonight.
- WTF is up with the BBC? Are they a bunch of freepers or what?
- Huffington Post also declares OBAMA WINS PA
- AP reporting Tammy Baldwin the winner in WI
- PEOPLE NEED TO STAY IN LINE !!!!!
SOMEONE GET ON TWITTER!!!!!
- Nate's latest update on FL
[quote]Florida has a significant Cuban-American population, and those voters tend be more Republican-leaning than other Hispanics. In this year’s exit poll in Florida, 50 percent of Cuban-American voters said they voted for Mitt Romney, against 47 percent for Barack Obama.
Mr. Obama had a two-thirds advantage with non-Cuban Hispanics in the exit poll, however — and they made up 10 percent of the voting population, compared with 6 percent for Cuban-Americans.
Thus, early returns show Mr. Obama to win Hispanic-Americans over all by 20 percentage points in Florida, and if he wins that, it’d be larger than the 15-point margin he had in 2008. If Mr. Obama ekes out a win in Florida, this will have a lot to do with it.
- Obama leading in first Colorado reports.
- I agree, R12, she's happier than I've seen her in weeks.
She knows the President is going to win.
- I hope the fuckers in Florida who are voting for Romney know that if he is elected, they will be on their own when the next hurricane hits since there will be no more FEMA. Assholes!
- R9 R10 Thanks for sharing. Now let Mommy tuck you in.
- Fox News is starting to freak out!
That's good, right?
- Omg...Obama wins PA!
- OMG!!!! FIRST GAY SENATOR!!!!!!!!!!!
- I love you PA-suck it my teabag neighbors!
- [quote]Already time for #2!!!!
Go ahead PollTroll and take your time. Wash your hands and we'll wait here.
- Congratulations to our first openly gay Senator, and welcome back Congressman Grayson.
The Voice of the Night
- Photo just now taken of a voting line in Orlando FL that had a 3+ hour wait
I'm back #tagteam @Amnai shift is over. We are almost there! #Election2012 pic.twitter.com/IKNXEjls
- And PA was not even close, yet remember that little song and dance the Repugs tried to do at the end?
Guess what, OH won't be close either.
- Obama won PA?! Really?
- AP calling WI for BALDWIN!!!! sorry for all the caps, but OMG!!!
- Is it true Nate calculates in the nude?
- God, I hope so, R14.
On another note, I seriously want to have hot, nasty sex with 2012 Poll Troll. Wouldn't it be awesome if 2012PT is Nate Silver himself???
- So people in line can actually see how much their votes count.
Please Twitter them to HANG IN THERE!!
- I wish, as a reporter, Dana Bash on CNN was either informed enough or composed enough that she doesn't call votes 'points.' It's not fucking cribbage, woman.
- If Obama gets over 270 electoral votes, he wins the election, right?
(Just kidding -- I'm SICK OF YOUR STUPID QUESTIONS, IDIOT!)
- R26 Well, let's say OPENLY gay.
- [quote]Fox News is starting to freak out!
That's good, right?
Yes, yes it is!
Please report on said "freak out". I can't stand to listen to any of those fucktards.
- First they called CO for Romney...now Obama. They seem to be getting ahead of themselves.
- MSNBC link.
- Grayson won? Really?
FL= Romney ahead
OH= too close
Colorado = Romney ahead
VA = Romney ahead
MI = Obama wins
- I don't get cable TV, so what is Fox News freaking out about?
- Since Romney lost PA, and is behind in OH, Fox News is trying to find a new path for him to get to 270.
- R41 Who? I haven't seen anyone call Colorado.
- AP has not called Wisconsin for Baldwin unfortunately. At least that's what Chris Hayes is saying on Twitter. Says bad info out there.
Please tell me if I'm wrong though.
- AP just called Brown the Senate winner in Ohio.
- STAY IN LINE FL AND VA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Very early in WISCONSIN. Only about 1% of the vote in for SENATE. Baldwin narrowly ahead.
Obama also ahead.
- The news is talking about what Romney will be doing after the election? Just fade away or go back into business?
. . . 270 . . . on the horizon.
- I was wondering about that earlier tonight, r19 - early on, Mitt seemed prone to confuse the Cuban population with the entire Hispanic population, possibly because the GOP Cuban-Americans have historically swung such a heavy stick. Interesting to see actual population percentages.
- Maddow is the fucking QUEEN of election night.
- The fact that they still haven't called NC for Mittens is bad news for him. He was expected to have a much easier time there than in VA.
- Whatever do you mean, R39?
- #StayInLine trending on Twitter!
Please go support!!
- OBAMA TAKES WI!!!!!
- R46 The only way that's gonna happen is if Utah suddenly gets 30 electoral votes.
- Wisconsin to Obama!
Suck it, Ryan!
The Voice of the Night
- Thank you, R42!!
- Tammie Brown won? I thought she got sent home with Nina Flowers.
Romney is sinking like a fucking stone.
- Since Romney has lost PA, his backup plan is now over.
He now has to win OH. And the problem with that is that the polls show him down there, so he has to hope those polls are wrong or that the Republican voter suppression can give it to him.
- Yes, bitches, stay the fuck in line! Blue, damn you all!
- Fox News are having major fits right now!!
- Obama leading in Ohio by 167000 votes, 17% reporting.
- from twitter:
Romney-Ryan becomes first presidential ticket to lose both candidates' home states since McGovern-Shriver, 1972.
- GREAT R57!!!
- Obama takes Wisconsin - according to MSNBC.
I am so proud - I was born in Wisconsin.
(At the same hospital (Mercy) in Janesville that Paul Ryan was born, within the same year too, but I can overlook that small detail)
- We need some nice young gays to go out and teach the voters still waiting in line how to make it a Conga Line.
- Dick Morris predicted 325 Romney electoral votes to Obama's 213.
- Thanks, R30 - that's Orange County, currently 75.8% reported with 58.3% Obama, 40.9% Romney.
- Someone give us the nasty details on the faux meltdown!
Delicious! Can you smell what Barak is cooking?
Mitt is toast.
- Oh, no, Brown won? I thought Warren was declared. What's going on?!
- SHERROD BROWN TAKES OHIO
- OHIO - current numbers:
- Sherrod won!
- unfortunately it looks like lyin' Ryan is gonna keep his seat in the house
- Sherrod Brown is called as winner by MSNBC. Also, on the Huff Post interactive map, FL now leans Romney but weirdly, MO leans Obama.
- Sherwood Brown! Hell Yes!!!
What a great night so far!!!
- Ahhhhhhh, yes!
Yes, fucking YESSSSSSS!
- Can Obama win without Ohio?
- Obama just took the FL lead again, narrowly.
- Obama presently leading Romney in the electoral race 158-153.
- Hee hee Freeperville'ss latest "Breaking News"
"DON'T POST ANY DAMNED PANIC POSTS"
Poor babies. Dispirited and dispiriting.
- Not THAT Brown, R77
- NBC PROJECTS OBAMA WINS WISCONSIN
- I'm feeling pretty good about Obama.
- R57, Can you provide a link for us to support Stay in Line??
- Twitter's saying O got New Hapshire
- MSNBC as called
I'm surprised they haven't been able to call NH yet. It's a small state and it closed a long time ago.
- Maddow is looking rather smug, isn't she? I like it.
- John King just said Miami-Dade County has only 40% of their total in
- Obama clearly hypnotized this dog:
- [quote] Can Obama win without Ohio?
Yes, but he won't have to.
- CBS calls NH for Obama.
- I love Chris Matthews line about how no one waits in line for five hours to commit voter fraud.
Republicans are IDIOTS
- Brown trounced that tea party boy scout!
- CBS calling NH for Obama
- So many posts, I can't keep up. Any word on Bachmann and Allen West?
- It's super fun watching Fox. They're spinning like mad.
- She looks that way every night, R95.
- To be fair-R88-we were posting the same thing to the nervous nellies in the first thread.
- Can someone comment on the make-up of the districts not yet reported in FL?
Also in OHIO. It's tightening up in OH with just a few districts still outstanding and I would like to know the composition of those counties.
- I think I'm going to go over there, r104.
- OK...admitted idiot here and I don't have the brain wattage to understand whatever Google will bring up for me. Maybe this little election learning will take your minds off any anxiety you may have...
What are electorial votes? How many more electorial votes will Obama have to win? There are some he has lost right now correct? So Obama wins in NM and PA but that doesn't really matter does it unless he wins the majority of electorial votes?
What are the chances Romney will win? Is he leading now in any way?
Alot to answer but I'm feeling nervous and I'm also heavily dousing myself in cheap merlot. In about 1 hour, I won't even be able to find this site but tomorrow I will so please answer.
- [quote]So many posts, I can't keep up. Any word on Bachmann and Allen West?
Allan West is BARELY ahead.
The Voice of the Night
- Rachel just announced that NBC was calling Pennsylvania for Obama!
- Why is Paul Ryan allowed to keep his seat in Congress while he is running for Veep? I thought you had to resign a position before running for another?
- I'll try, R92.
- How many seats are Reps expected to gain in House?
Jesus, will Obama ever be able to work with people who aren't obstructionist assholes?
- [quote]Can Obama win without Ohio?
Yes, he can, but it's looking like he won't need to.
- Chris Christie's Revenge indeed!
Paul ryan can't even help the ticket in his home state.
You don't pick me for the veep spot I'll fuck you over more than twice!
- Difficult brown?
- R107 Heavily Republican, sparsely populated.
- President (Florida totals)
4,644 of 6,153 (75 %) Precincts Reporting
Barack Obama 3,511,298 (50 %)
Mitt Romney 3,508,980 (50 %)
Gary Johnson 36,762 (1 %)
Jill Stein 7,404 (0 %)
Roseanne Barr 6,942 (0 %)
Tom Stevens 3,299 (0 %)
Virgil Goode 2,168 (0 %)
Rocky Anderson 1,465 (0 %)
Tom Hoefling 779 (0 %)
Andre Barnett 671 (0 %)
Stewart Alexander 628 (0 %)
Peta Lindsay 253 (0 %)
- Bachmann is looking for her husband. He wandered off to a dog park and lost his cellphone. Then he stopped some guy (who happened to be an undercover vice cop) and.............
- Fox calls it in Indiana. Richard "god given rape pregnancies" Mourdock loses.
- r109, I'm willing to pay you to stop saying "electorial"
- I can hear it already: We knew that Romney was a weak candidate all along..."
- Trying again for the Twitter link.
- Good lord, why is Ohio taking sooo long?
- Who's the gay senator?
- Obama is leading in Ohio again.
- Isn't California yet another "home" state for Mittens?
- Yes, R117.
- The first candidate to 270 wins.
If Obama gets Florida, even if Romney gets Ohio, he wins.
The Voice of the Night
- ELIZABETH WARREN IS A WINNER!!!
- R123 "It's all the hurricane's fault."
- Obama's at 158 now. Add an automatic 74 EVs (California, Washington, Oregon, Hawaii) and we get to 232. Ok, now add 10 EVs for Minnesota. Now we only need 28 more votes to get to 270. The ohio lead seems very real and is large right now, so let's give Ohio to Obama. So Obama only needs 10 EVs from a combination of NH, Nevada, Iowa, and, Colorado. ANY two of those. OR he can win only ONE of Virginia, North Carolina, or Florida. It looks pretty good, huh?
- R107, I can't comment on them all but some, like Brevard (Kennedy Space Center area), lean Republican. However, I was over there a few weeks ago and saw lots of Romney signs on the beachfront mansions and tghe like--but a ton of Obama signs in the more numerous and plentiful middle and lower class neighborhoods. Counties north of Orlando tend to be more Republican, as well, due to perceived voter suppression, with poorr Afrucan-American communities disnefranchised by the voting system--ID requirements, odd hours, freqyuently moved poll locations. The haevily populated areas are Orange County, Osceola and Seminole Counties (Orlando), Pinellas (Tampa), dade/Broward (Miami/Ft. Laudeerdale).
- THAT'S SENATOR WARREN, BITCHES!
The Voice of the Night
- OK I can't seem produce a Twitter link but just use:
Maybe someone else can provide a link.
- [quote]Heavily Republican, sparsely populated.
Same as Ohio, r107. The counties where Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland are located are all blue. It's the rural and less populated areas that are red.
- Mitt wasted time going to PA.
- [quote]Who's the gay senator?
Hillary Clinton, for starters.
- WARREN wins, bitches!!!!!!!!!!
- Liz Warren!!!!! MSNBC calls it!!!
- [quote]What are electoral votes?
These are votes in the Electoral College, which elects the President. Each state has one elector for each senator and representative.
[quote]How many more electoral votes will Obama have to win?
He'll need 270.
[quote]There are some he has lost right now correct?
So far, he hasn't lost any states he was expected to win. Nothing to sweat about yet.
[quote]So Obama wins in NM and PA but that doesn't really matter does it unless he wins the majority of electoral votes?
Each state's votes that he wins puts him that much closer to victory.
- WARREN DECLARED ELECTED BY NBC!
- R128 Yes, and then there's his private planet that all Mormons receive in the afterlife, but as of yet it has no electoral votes.
- R118, Ohio?
Certainly not FL.
- R126 Tammy Baldwin.
R128 and MI and NH and MA - he lost them all.
- R128, that'd be Utah.
- Politico shows only 26.6% in for Miami/Dade, R40 - couldn't find a direct reporting website for the Secretary of State. Slackers.
Here's a useful critical counties benchmark chart - fuck Duval (Jacksonville), Miami/Dade has twice the votes and will swamp them out. Hillsborough and Pinellas look pretty solid - I think Obama's got Tampa now - so FL is looking better than the TV blabbermouths (who get paid for ginning up suspense) would have you think.
- R109, American does not elect a president based on popular vote. We use the electoral college. Basically each state has a certain amount of electoral votes based on its population. The candidate which wins the popular vote in each state wins all the electoral votes. The candidate that reaches 270 wins.
What we've been talking about is that Obama has many ways to get 270 whereas Romney can only get there if he wins Florida.
- Murdoch lost!!!
- RICHARD MOURDOCK'S COLLAPSE IS COMPLETE!!!
- NBC denied that they called MA for Elizabeth Warren.
But now CBS is calling it for her.
- DONNELLY BEATS MOURDOCK IN INDIANA - NBC
- Mourdock (not like I have to remember it now!)
- [quote]Who's the gay senator?
She's a lesbian. Tammy Baldwin of WI.
- So are the outstanding counties in OH mostly Republican?
The outstanding counties in FL mostly Republican with the exception of Miami/Dade?
- "We just had to pick a Mormon, didn't we?"
- Someone please give a link to the freeper meltdown. I want to see it for myself!
- What do you wanna bet the voting rate for 18-25s is around 9% or something.
- Intrade now has a 93 % likelyhood of Obama winning. It was 70 something when the polls first closed.
- ...is Romney HQ blaring Hall & Oates?
- [quote]Yes, and then there's his private planet that all Mormons receive in the afterlife, but as of yet it has no electoral votes.
Try to keep up - ELECTORIAL, try again - electorial. It's the word of the night on this thread.
- Obama regains the lead in FL.
- Did someone say gay senator?
- Nate's (well, Micah Cohen's) latest:
[quote]In every presidential election since 1960, the candidate who prevailed in Florida’s Hillsborough County, home to Tampa, has also prevailed in Florida. There is no guarantee that the pattern will hold in 2012, but the Tampa region is critical in carrying the Sunshine State (which is why the Republican Party held their national convention there this year).
More than 80 percent of the vote has been reported in Hillsborough, and President Obama leads Mitt Romney by five percentage points. Mr. Obama, as we have written, is likely getting a push from Florida’s fast-growing Hispanic community. In Hillsborough, Hispanic residents have grown by 71 percent since 2000, now accounting for a quarter of the county’s population.
Mr. Obama is also leading in another Florida bellwether, Pinellas County, Hillsborough County’s western neighbor. In Pinellas, 99 percent of the vote has been reported, and Mr. Obama is edging out Mr. Romney 52 percent to 47 percent.
— Micah Cohen
- Melissa Joan hart's collapse is complete!
- LOL R157!
- How about McCaskill/Akin?
- And it looks like we're keeping the Senate.
The Voice of the Night
- Intrade also predicts Florida will be Obama's
- "What do you wanna bet the voting rate for 18-25s is around 9% or something."
Exit polls showed 18%, same as 2008.
- SHERROD BROWN IS A WINNER!!!
- Yes, r156.
- Any word on North Carolina?
- SOMEONE JUST TELL ME OBAMA IS GOING TO WIN! THAT'S ALL I WANT TO HEAR!!
- Only negative for Democrats so far in the SENATE is that ALLEN is still leading KAINE.
- [R132]- Fox was whining that Sandy took the focus off of Libya and Obama's supposed mishandling of the situation...
- Have third party candidates figured in any of these results?
- Yes, but N Va. is still in line at the polls!
- John Boehner is speaking on Fox News.
Sounds drunk. Not crying.
- McCaskill is returning good number right now. MO could be the seat that keeps the Dem. majority in the senate.
- So those "pro-rapist" canidates are losing? yeah!
Feeling super positive.
- Obama is going to win, r177.
- Chuck Todd venting about Republicans, disgusted. Says their losses tonight are not the fault of Sandy, it's demographics and their inability to deal with changing America and Latino vote.
- That's still too fucking low, r73.
- Warren wins!! BYE BYE SCOTTY BROWN.
- Huffington Post has called WISCONSIN for Romney for some strange reason.
NBC calls WISCONSIN for Obama.
- We hate her!
- NH is official for Obama yet again
- R153 Somewhere, Richard Lugar is smiling.
- NH for Obama!
- ...Well Gary Johnson's got 1% of the vote in FL...and Roseanne, for goodness sakes. That could be votes for the President.
- Congratulations, MA! You have an awesome woman representing you in the Senate!
Any real time sites to watch house races?
- Obama 162, Romney 153.
- Swing State New Fucking Hampshire goes to OBAMA!!!
- 108 EV to go!
- I want to see a weeping Boner again!
Please, please, Obama, bitch slap that cunt right in the nut sack!
- R177, what we do know is that it looks like Romney will NOT win!
- Obama winning Colorado!
- R182 What shade of orange is he tonight? Did he go full Oompa-Loompa for the election?
- John King basically just called FL by doing the math.
- So happy for Warren!!
- OHIO - 32% of the Vote In
OBAMA - 52%
ROMNEY - 47%
- I'm feeling confident that Obama's gonna take it.
- What about the gay marriage ballots???
- Only 3 counties left to report in OH
- [quote]Huffington Post has called WISCONSIN for Romney for some strange reason.
Because it's owned by Republican AOL?
- Brian Williams: There's a whole lot of weed on the ballot.
- Sorry, 202.
Lighting was kinda dark, couldn't tell.
- Ok, so here's the plan, since it's not looking like Queen Anne will be in a good mood tonight. I'm hiding out in the LaJolla house. Some of you gays in Laguna can drive down here before you get too drunk and saddle me up. I better make a run for it soon or I'll be doing that dressage crap in the glue factory!! Hurry Gays!!!
- [R186]- I heard that from Chuck Todd. Yep Obama is winning because those darn Hispanics keep making babies... Is Chuck a republican?
- John King just said most of the remainder of the unreported votes in Florida are for Obama in Miami-Dade and Broward County, thats a huge chunk of the Florida votes.
- IA and NV close in about five minutes.
- I love you, R202
- [quote]Brian Williams: There's a whole lot of weed on the ballot.
Did Brian actually say that? Cool!
- Shitstain Eric Cantor keeping his seat, according to HuffPo
- YES, Elizabeth Warren!
- FWIW german tv channel predicts obama takes washington, california, oregon and nevada
- Quick, we need to make more angry white men!!! PLEASE!!!!
- Those three are red, r208.
- [quote]John King basically just called FL by doing the math.
For Obama, yes.
Which would be a big upset of sorts since most were predicting FL to go for Romney until just this past weekend.
Nate Silver only moved FL from Romney to Obama yesterday.
If Obama wins FL, that's very good work by Nate.
- New Hampshire's 4 electoral votes will help.
- Sylvia Brown looks like an older Courtney Love.
- Most of the unreported FL votes are in Broward and Dade counties.
- Jonathan Alter reporting in Florida -
About a million votes still not in yet from BROWARD and MIAMI/DADE - both big Democratic counties.
Florida is going to go to the President.
- [quote]Huffington Post has called WISCONSIN for Romney for some strange reason.
It looks dark blue to me.
- Well, duh, r223.
- Chuck Todd is an annoying goat face.
- He did, R220. :-D
- Shut this thread down NOW or Rafalca gets it!!
- Hmmm.. pot stickers!
Candy Crowley, CNN
- What about Texas??? The suspense is killing me!!!
- DEMOCRAT Maggie Hassan wins GOVERNOR of NEW HAMPSHIRE
- Mourdock lost Indiana and cost the Republicans their longshot bid to take the Senate. It was God's will!
- OK so exactly how many people live in those three Republican districts in OH, A.K.A.--I'M DYIN' HERE!!!
- Chuck Todd is republican. Savannah guthrie straps one on and rides him home.
- Huffpo is NOT calling Wisconsin for Romney.
- We're coming for you, Rafalca! Just stay calm.
- [quote] Huffington Post has called WISCONSIN for Romney for some strange reason.
I'm surprised they didn't call it for Kim Kardashian.
Who gives a fuck what Huffpo calls?
- [quote]Sounds drunk. Not crying.
So basically, it's any night of the week.
- [quote]Well, let's say OPENLY gay.
Right. Ms. Baldwin is replacing closeted gay Democratic Senator Herb Kohl.
- I suspect John King is right, r217 - the math in FL looks good. Stay in line, Orange County!
- Troll Poll, does that mean all NH elected officials (gov, senators, congress) are women?
I believe they will be the first state ever...
- Alternate history: President Cobain.
- R226 That's true, and it was only pale blue, so it was the closest of all the states. (There aren't any pale reds; only NC was medium red, and VA and CO medium blue.
So far Nate has been spot on.
- I LOVE YOU, R239. W&W!
- Chill, r240. Not a lot. They are pretty much rural areas.
- Has the ginger Kennedy spawn been elected in Mass?
- So far, the pro-gay position is prevailing in Maine, Maryland, and Minnesota. Let's make it a clean sweep!
- OMG only 3 points between Obama and Romney in OH with only 2 Repug counties left. I can't take it.
Also: FUCK THE VOTER SUPPRESSION FUCKWADS IN OHIO!
- This shrimp, it hasn't been sitting under the lights has it?
- I'm running for president?
- Joe Kennedy is speaking on my local news. Joan Kennedy is in the background! She looks good.
- We hate huff post, it crashes and is inaccurate.
- God, I hope we can take Florida so won't have to be be on pins and needles over Ohio.
I had to unfriend this person on Facebook because of all the nasty things she was posting non-stop against Obama. It would be sweet revenge.
- Thank you [R142] & [R149] for the explanation. I understand it more now. You kinda talked me off the ledge LOL!
Yeah, [R122] you can pay me to stop saying electorial....enough to pay off my mortgage and car payment. If Romney wins, I'll need that shit paid off. Oh and toss in enough for property taxes. No more ELECTORIAL posts for me.
drunk dumbass @r109
- Too early to call = Obama winner in sate, right?
- [quote]Mourdock lost Indiana and cost the Republicans their longshot bid to take the Senate. It was God's will!
- R254 Let's sweep Michele Bachmann out at the same time. She probably has her own broom.
- Calm down, r255. No reason to panic.
- It's deadlocked at 162!
- Nate has NV as dark blue, so it should get called pretty soon.
- Obama leading in Florida by 38000 votes. The gap is widening.
- R248, not congress. Just NH senators and governor are women.
- [quote]I'm running for president?
No, you ignorant slut.
You're running AFTER whichever candidate wins so you can whore yourself out for even more publicity.
- Obama won New Hampshire (officially)! Romney's road is getting increasingly tougher to hoe...
- Really good gay night so far!
- Nate's latest, on Ohio:
[quote]Ohio has been slow to count its vote, but President Obama has gotten reasonably strong results so far in south-central Ohio, often beating his 2008 margins there.
In Ross County, Ohio, home to the town of Chillicothe, Mr. Obama trails Mitt Romney by only one percentage point with about 80 percent of the vote counted. Mr. Obama lost the county by eight percentage points to John McCain in 2008.
Mr. Obama also leads so far in Pike County and Scioto County, two counties south of Ross County that he lost in 2008, though they have counted less of their vote at this point.
— Nate Silver
- NH to Obama
- Bill Hemmer of Fox trying to invent some scenario that gets Rommney the magic 270...and then finally gave up and admitted Obama is more likely.
Bill does not have the flair and the magic screen like CNN's John King...
Enjoying the sad Fox coverage.
- Pro tip: When trailing Republican campaigns begin saying they're going to win MN and PA in the final days of an election, they won't.
- Ohio, come on dammit.
- Alan Grayson is back!
- Is Al Sharpton ill? He looks like a waif.
- Dick Morris thinks that the states are being called way too soon!
- Claire McCaskill won!
- YES!!!! AKIN LOST!!!!
- MCCaskill wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- CLAIRE MCCASKILL KEEPS MISSOURI
- Minnesota marriage ban going down 60-40.
- CLAIRE MCCASKILL!!!!
- NBC calls for McCaskill over Akin.
- Obama is still showing 51% in Ohio with only two rural counties remaining.
It'll be close, but I predict the Prez will hold the Buckeye State.
- BREAKING in MO: McCaskill wins. Dem majority in senate. Huge
- Anyone watching Current tv coverage? It's VERY 20something.
- Can someone do a screen capture of the FOX News panel and create a funny meme on them tonight? lol
- Somebody here says three counties left in Ohio, somebody else says Ohio is still voting.
Which is it?
- Axelrod to Brokaw: "Our campaign was based on reality, RNC with some kind of mystical faith."
- Oh there you are Chris Hayes, sporting a new suit, tie, and haircut. We pondered your whereabouts this evening.
- Way to go Claire McCaskill - SHUT THAT WHOLE THING DOWN!
- RT @ryangrim: I don't see any way Romney can win Florida given this map:
- [quote]The candidate which wins the popular vote in each state wins all the electoral votes.
Except in Maine and Nebraska. In these states, two electors' votes are made based on the candidate who received the most votes statewide. The remaining electoral votes go by congressional districts, awarding the vote to the candidate who received the most votes in each district.
- AP still hasn't called WI or NH, but they did just make the bold move of awarding UT to He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-President.
- Go Claire!! $20 bucks well spent!!
- Am I the only one who finds Chris Murphy preppy geeky hot?
- I think Obama is going to win, too.
- Get that hack extortionist Sharpton off the TV, we don't want to be associated with him.
- [quote]Has the ginger Kennedy spawn been elected in Mass?
Yes he has been
- Chuck Todd reminds me of a used car salesman.
- Love it! Grayson is a true Liberal!
- 100 million dollars that could have gone to providing healthcare for wrestlers with broken down bodies who made that bitch rich, went to LOSING TWICE!
- According to this map, R292, there are 2 counties yet to report, but only 3,525 of 9,550 precincts reporting
- Obama should do a crip walk to celebrate.
- Fuck off, R302. We love Al. We hate you.
- CNN CALLS NEW HAMPSHIRE FOR OBAMA
- Micah on VA
[quote] More than two-thirds of the vote has been reported in Virginia. At the moment, Mitt Romney leads President Obama by four percentage points, 51 percent to 47 percent. But keep an eye on the Washington suburbs: Fairfax County, Loudoun County and Prince William County, where only a tenth of the vote has been reported so far.
In 2008, Mr. Obama carried Virginia, the first Democrat to do so since 1964, largely based on his strong showing in Northern Virginia. Mr. Romney will need to cut into Mr. Obama’s 2008 levels of support in the socially moderate, affluent suburbs of Washington to turn Virginia red again.
For what it's worth, Obama is winning in Loudon County and essentially running a tie (with the advantage to Romney) in Prince William County. The Obama machine in Northern VA has been strong, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's able to eke out a win.
- EW R300. That combover!
- It's c'est possible that Obama could win the electoral vote and Romney the popular vote? Talk about karma.
- NBC PROJECTS CLAIRE MCCASKILL BEATS TODD AKIN
- Sarah Palin on Fox NOW, bitches.
She's disappointed. Said the auto bailout ads really hurt Romney.
- NBC has it at 162-162 after giving MR UT, MT and WY.
- NBC - SHERROD BROWN DEFEATS JOSH MANDEL - OHIO
- Man, Florida is close!
- Why do you love him, R109?
- Florida closing in on 90% of precincts!
- Orlando voter whose wait time tweets I have been posting in these threads HAS JUST tweeted that she has finally voted. It was a four hour wait for her total.
- McMahon conceding live on CSPAN.
- Sharon Vosmek @Vosmek
RT @stephpalmeri CNN projecting a massive decrease in binder sales and huge layoffs in binder factories. #stayinline
- Missouri Senate calls. Todd Akin also a rape victim. So far, every iffy Senate race has gone our way, with VA still open but looking good.
- Excellent news about McCaskill
- JOE MANCHIN WINS SENATE SEAT IN WEST VIRGINIA - NBC
- R321 Time to start looking for hanging chads!
- I actually do love Al. I don't think he's perfect but I like him.
- One of the 2 OH counties that was left to report is now indicated as leaning blue!
- John king > chuck Todd
- R292, Ohio by counties at the link below, with percentages reported - the largest counties and their percentages of the statewide vote are:
Cuyahoga \t11.7 \t
Franklin \t9.8 \t
Hamilton \t7.4 \t
Montgomery \t4.9 \t
Summit \t 4.9 \t
Lucas \t 3.9 \t
Stark \t 3.3 \t
Butler \t 3.0 \t
Lorain \t 2.6 \t
Mahoning \t2.2 \t
Lake \t 2.1
- Thanks, Ciaran @R297. I've learned something new tonight.
- Luckiest politician this election cycle: Claire McCaskill...perhaps the luckiest EVER! I imagine she cannot believe her good fortune.
President Obama is second luckiest, by dint of the "47%" videotape. It played directly into the characterization of Romney that Obama had painted all summer.
[quote]Is Al Sharpton ill? He looks like a waif.
I heard he was a vegetarian or vegan or something I believe. He looks older than 56.
- Seems like ID and OR should be called quickly.
- Very proud of Tammy Baldwin! Hard to believe we're in a world we're she can be out and proud and elected in middle America!
- Dana Bash looks really good tonite
- R312 if you don't already know, Loudon county is 100% white folk so they must have been listening to Chris Rock.
- PRO TIP: If you'd like to be a member of the U.S. Senate don't say ridiculously offensive things about rape
- Palin is bloviating on Faux, she "can't believe" people are choosing Obama.
- I hope the vote will not be contested in Florida if Obama wins...of course if Romney wins, that is a different story.
Massachusetts Q3: Medical marijuana
Yes (Winner) \t63%
- Tweet from the Atlantic’s Matt O’Brien @obsoletedogma:
"Romney’s last internal poll had Obama winning Ohio by 5 points."
I’d love to hear a reporter ask some Romney spinner about this tonight: “Why did you lie to everyone about how the campaign was going?
- CBS has just moved IA to "Leans Obama"
- R312 R338 It's LOUDOUN, not LOUDON.
- Why, R329? Please don't associate him with Obama in you personal life.
- WHERE IS THE NATE SILVER APPRECIATION THREAD?!?!?!?!?!?1
- Wisconsin Senate race was just called in favor of Tammy Baldwin; the first openly gay Senator.
- Al needs to put on weight....
- Fuck. That cunt beat Bob Kerrey in Nebraska.
We all knew it was coming but still, I've always liked Bob Kerrey.
So far, nothing that was in question has gone Mittens' way - it's been all Obama, all night.
- #election2012 our path to the nomination is not blocked as long as we do not lose Ohio, NC, Fla, and Va
— @DickMorrisTweet via web
- R340 Well, maybe not in MO. But he'd have won in any of the southern states.
- I think the media is purposely holding back the results of the swing states.
- Anyone monitoring Fox? How are they spinning this?
- That's alright, R341. She also can't believe the earth moves around the sun.
- R338, what does Chris Rock say? What has he said to sway people?
- Projecting now: Our next President will be Obama.
- McCaskill wasn't exactly what I'd call "lucky", her Mom died casting her opponent as even more of a monster. I'd rather have my Mom than a senate seat, but that's why I'd make a poor politician.
- Pipe dream, r352.
Suck it, Dick!
- R336 Has someone actually called it for Baldwin? I haven't seen anything yet.
- Can someone please tweet Dick Morris that he's a stupid, toe sucking, asshole.
- Have the CNN Grill send my order over NOW
- I predict that Sen. Elizabeth Warren will bring fire and leadership to the Senate. I'm poor and in CA but sent $50 each to Warren and Baldwin. I'm just like so many other folks out there who did the same.
Enough people sending small amounts can effectively counterbalance rich GOP donors and Koch Bros/Rove PACS!!!
Fuck you, Karl.
- I, too, love and admire Rev. Al, having moved on long ago from his early blunders. He's a terrific advocate and an informed and valuable addition to the MSNBC lineup.
- R354 That may very well be true. They don't want to call the election before the polls close on the west coast (8PM for CA.) No one cares about AK and HI.
- R361, I think MSNBC did.
- I can't find the link here, R357, but you might want to google Chris Rock Obama white people.
It was hilarious, so shouldn't be missed.
- Jon Stewart is live tonight. Looking forward to his take on the results.
- Per CBS, they're calling it for Kaine in VA
- CBSNews called Virginia for Kaine. Oh I hope it's right.
- The intricacies of the Americn electoral college are fascinating, ain't they Ciaran? I bet even the citizens of Maine and Nebraska didn't know that stuff abopur their owwn states.
- Karl Rove is bloviating on FOX saying that Ohio is breaking for Romney.
- R363 Hope you like horsemeat burritos!
The Lady Ann
- But where's Dick Morris' "landslide"???
- Florida still voting right now. STAY IN LINE!!
- Teabagging douche Joe Walsh is HISTORY!
- The chocolate fountain is sputtering - are they going to melt some more?
- CBS's Schieffer is right: if the GOP hadn't tossed out moderates like Shays (CT) and Lugar (IN), they would be having a much better night.
- CBS projects Nevada for Obama
- JUST TELL ME AGAIN OBAMA IS GOING TO WIN!!!
- Obama just needs to win Colorado and Wisconsin, and this thing is over!
- Ohio is getting closer, bitches.
I'm a little worried.
- so has everyone calmed down?
- CBS now changing Iowa from "Leaning Obama" to "Likely Obama" ans touts Nevada as "Likely Obama"
- R367 No, I just checked. No call yet, and Thompson is ahead.
- Anything on Cantor?
- Three toss-up Senate races left: Montana, Nevada, and Arizona.
Romney’s margins in Appalachian Ohio are behind McCain’s margins there.
- Al looks way to thin, he has a bobble head look going on.
- PoliticoLive says a Top Republican says "Young people voted. Hispanics killed us."
- I would think people in Ohio might have a brain.
- 3 point difference in OH with 1 precinct outstanding.
I guess that's the best news KKKarl has had all night.
- R382, he already won Wisconsin.
- CBS calling VA for Kain
- [quote] Anything on Cantor?
Per HuffPo he retained his seat
- Obama is going to win, r381.
"They" won't "call it" until the west coast polls close in another 1/2 hour. So just hang on.
- WHERE'S GLORIA ESTEFAN??????????????????
- R388 What about WI? I still haven't seen a call.
And AP has STILL not called WI for Obama. They're REALLY being cautious this year.
- In Maryland, with 31.6% of the vote tallied on Question 6, in favor of marriage equality, For 51.3%; Against 48.7%
In Maine, with 14% of the vote tallied on Question 1, in favor of marriage equality, For 54%; Against 46%
In Minnesota, with 7% of the vote tallied on Amendment 1 which states, "Only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in Minnesota," For 42%; Against 58%
- Right wing repuke homophobe loses long held seat in the house in Maryland! Roscoe Bartlett who has been in the house for a million years just lost his seat to the Democrat in Maryland!
- Chris has very little self control and major anger problems:
- One COUNTY, R392. 4,812 of 9,550 precincts have reported in so far. Others still to report within the counties that have already started reporting.
- Reading the right-wing freakout on all the blogs is delicious justice.
I've been frequenting a right-wing battleground watching website for the past few days and they predicted a blow-out win for Romney.
Nonetheless, they are freaking the fuck out in the comments section. I'm salivating.
- CNN just said Mitt is in the lead in Wisconsin.
MASSACHUSETTS SENATE: ELIZABETH WARREN OUSTS SCOTT BROWN
re: MO Sen, our decision desk says McCaskill ran 56-39 percent among women. 47-48 among men. And women are 56 percent of the electorate.
- Tweety simply can't govern his mouth, can he? Every time they go to commercial he's mouthing off on his still-hot mike: "Why are we hearing from these people before the concession speeches?" was his last quip.
- W&W for R298.
- I'm terrified that Romney has more than two million more votes than Obama. There aren't that many people left in the parts of the country that haven't been counted yet.
- On behalf of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and Senator-Elect Tim Kaine, YOU'RE WELCOME!
The Voice of the Night
- UM, NBC IS PROJECTING THAT ROMNEY IS WINNING BY ONE POINT -- WTF???!!!
- R403 WI's been called for Obama already.
- I wish Republicans had brains.
Instead of trying to suppress the votes of people who aren't like you, shouldn't you consider adopting policies and candidates that appeal to more Americans in the middle?
- [quote]Ohio is getting closer, bitches.[/quote]
Cleveland is only 9% in. Obama is going to win the state big with 58% of the vote in.
- Shutup, R409.
- CBS just gave Minnesota to Obama.
- Yeah, there aren't a lot of people in California, R409/moron.
- Good tweet:
One emerging lesson for Republicans: Be nice to immigrants. They're apparently staying here and becoming Americans who vote.
Our precinct was on the news for being the only one in the county still not finished. The line cut off at 7 but people are STILL voting
(Orange Co. in Florida)
- MSNBC called Wisconsin for Obama, a while back. Maybe half an hour ago?
- R409 are you familiar with California?
- I can't DEAL!
- [quote]I'm terrified that Romney has more than two million more votes than Obama. There aren't that many people left in the parts of the country that haven't been counted yet.
California is not in yet. This is a common occurrence.
- R410 The Macaca Moment lives!
- What's happening with Wisconsin? Why is it suddenly in play again?
- PoliticoLive says a Top Republican says "Young people voted. Hispanics killed us." --R390
Okay, bitches, you know what that means.
Tomorrow is Blow A Young Latino Day.
- .@algore – with the caveat that we're waiting for AP's call – is "confident" Obama wins #Florida. x #Current2012
It's over bitches. Romney is done. He can't win without Ohio AND Florida.
- All counties now reporting in OH. Obama has a 50%-48% lead over Rmoney
- NBC calls Arizona for Romney
- CNN still hasn't called WISCONSIN for Obama, but they tend to be more cautious/conservative than other networks and wait longer to call it.
- I was surprised that NBC called WI for Obama - it's really too close at this point. CNN still has it in play.
- On Fox News, Palin says Bain ads hurt Romney, says she is crossing her fingers, "hoping that things can turn around.
- R409 Do you realize that one out of every nine people in the US lives in California?
R411 Are you talking about the popular vote? Who cares? Bush II certainly didn't.
- VOTN, where are you seeing KAINE winning?
- A friend I trust just reported that over 70% of Asian-Americans voted for the President!
- [quote]Tomorrow is Blow A Young Latino Day.
For some of us, EVERY day is Blow a Young Latino Day.
- HuffPo has OH still out, R429.
They also have WI for Romney, not sure what that's about.
- Howard Fineman on MSNBC is saying Romney command is radio silent, MIA from cameras and ignoring calls and emails
- I'm one of those, R427!
- I'm still waiting for someone to point me to a Baldwin call. I don't see one anywhere.
- Poll Troll CBS called it for Kaine
- O’Reilly: Minorities and women voting Obama because they ‘want stuff’
- Helen Lawson elected ambassador of Cambodia!!! CNN just called it!
- VA is getting closer, Obama was down 75,000 15 min ago, now down just 36,000
- R440, what does your community think of conservative politics? Do they think the immigration stuff is racist?
- MSNBC is reporting that Romney & Co. are incommunicado.
- McCaskill winning Missouri by a large margin:
52 McCaskill vs 41 Akin
Dana Loesch must be devastated.
- Obama is pulling away from Romney in Florida, bit by bit.
- [quote]Fuck off, [R302]. We love Al. We hate you.
No, we don't. We had an entire thread on it.
- The NOH8 campaign called it for Baldwin but nobody else is calling it from what I'm seeing.
- Apparently they're playing Scott Brown's concession speech at Romney's Boston "Victory" party.
How long after 8:00 Pacific do you think we'll have to wait for a final call?
- "O’Reilly: Minorities and women voting Obama because they ‘want stuff’"
Yeah, crazy "stuff" like wanting to decide what happens to your own body. Because men DEFINITELY would give up control to the government over their own bodies.
- [quote]O’Reilly: Minorities and women voting Obama because they ‘want stuff’
Women want their ovaries back.
- R441, Baldwin and Thompson are close as far as I can tell. I don't think she's ahead yet.
It was known going into today that Baldwin would be in a very close race and that she was less certain to win. Nate Silver still projects she will, but if she does it won't be by much.
- Over 50% of precincts now reporting in Ohio
- There are so many idiots on this thread. Or trolls pretending to be idiots.
- I'm hoping it's some kind of murder suicide deal r447...or Rafalca's revenge!
- Reuters, for a start R451
- [quote] Palin says Bain ads hurt Romney, says she is crossing her fingers, "hoping that things can turn around.
Well isn't that special, Sarah. I have my fingers crossed you'll have a massive heart attack standing in line at Chick-Fil-A.
- Who cares R443, I want free stuff and government handouts too, who doesn't.
- Nate on CO:
Obama Leads So Far in Denver Suburbs.
Early bellwethers in Colorado bode well for Barack Obama.
Mr. Obama leads by about three percentage points so far in Jefferson County, west of Denver, which typically tracks the statewide margins closely. He also leads in Arapahoe County, east of Denver, where he leads by six points with two-thirds of the vote counted.
- I hope that Mitt really didn't prepare a concession speech. I'd love to see him do it off the cuff.
- From R403's link, where there are many gems to be found, one poster opines:
"Where gallup, rasmussen, suffolk etc have just lost any remaining credibility. Again GOP will not win another national election for a generation at this point. Peraonally i believe the hardcore right wing tea party were a good chunk of the death nail of the party. GOP will have to give up gay marriage opposition, never ever mention the words rape contraception or abortion again. Immigration will have to be dealt with immediately. All around we are screwed as a party and a nation."
Death nails - who knew?
- Could O'Reilly just die? If one of those FOX assholes would die, it would make me very happy.
- VA SEN race looks TIED to me:
- Obama has won Minnesota
- NBC: Obama takes Minnesota
- So what's with the mixed signals about WI?
- These "real time" maps on HuffPost are all fucked up. Nothing has updated in forever. It says WI is blue but Obama only has 47.5% of the vote. Makes no sense.
- FReeptards want Romney to challenge Pennsylvania Ballets
ROMNEY DO NOT CONCEDE THIS ELECTION !
CHALLENGE THE BALLETS IN PENNSYLVANIA !
59 posted on Tue Nov 06 2012 19:36:49 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time (Mexico)) by American Constitutionalist
- They said Balwin won on the BBC
[quote]Tammy Baldwin and Elizabeth Warren Win: Record Number of Women Running in Election 2012
- Death nails! Love it!
- SLATE: Left-Leaning Tweets vs Right-Leaning Tweets
- [quote]Palin says Bain ads hurt Romney, says she is crossing her fingers, "hoping that things can turn around.
I wish she'd kept her legs crossed more often.
- Well didn't we try to tell the freepers about Gallup and Rasmussen?????
- VA surprises me. I thought Obama and Kaine would win by several points each.
Odd that Obama is doing better in FLA than VA.
- Todd Akin on the verge of blubbering
- The USA's demographics get better for liberals every single day.
- [quote]They said Balwin won on the BBC
How can the British know before the Americans?
- Anyone have any info on the right to die measure in MA?
- The Huffington Post is a mess. I've decided to use NBC & CBS instead.
- Do any Republicans ever think it's people like Palin who hurt the Republicans?
- "CHALLENGE THE BALLETS"
- Tammy Duckworth wins!!!
- John king is unofficially via his magic map is thinking that Ohio and Florida is likely to go Obama ......
- With 33% counted, Michele's only up by 2 points (less than 2,000 votes.)
- Challenge ballet. It's boring. I prefer modern dance.
- Brown's speech is exactly the reason why he didn't win. He's a nut. He's turn into the Christian Taliban. He's frightening. If you're not watching this, you need to Youtube it tomorrow.
- Diane Sawyer appears under the influence of something; she is kind of leaning over when she talks and she is just talking funny. I hope she is not ill.
- Sarah Palin looks very upset. Perhaps Ann could let her shoot Rafalca from a helicopter; that might cheer her up.
- R479 - Northern VA is slow to count, and they break for Obama. Watch Romney's lead shrink, and soon it will be tied.
- Kaine narrowly ahead of Allen in VA according to NBC:
- Todd Akin = "legitimate rape"
- R443. That's right. And some of the "stuff" we want is fucking Romney, his family, associates and the disgusting Repug party out of our fucking lives.
- The fact that NBC held off on calling Minnesota and called Michigan right away is just absurd. It should have been called right when the polls closed.
TED NUGENT IS GOING TO DIE TONIGHT!!!!!
- What can we expect with the popular vote? I'm watching ABC and Romney is ahead by about 2 million votes.
- Todd Akin's "concession" speech is unbelievably bitter.
- Aiken is disgusting in defeat.
- Sorry, I think that was Todd Akin, not Brown.
- Mood inside Romney ballroom being described as "funereal" by some inside. They're watching Scott Brown's concession on the monitors.
- Missouri goes to Rmoney.
- Bachmann's race in MN is close. With 32& in, she has a small lead (51% to 49%) over Jim Graves
- [quote]I'm terrified that Romney has more than two million more votes than Obama.
CA is more than enough to counteract white Southern bigots.
- Who the fuck cares about the popular vote, R500?
- [quote]FReeptards want Romney to challenge Pennsylvania Ballets
Now the freepers are mad at the toe dancers? WTF?
- NBC hasn't called IA or NV yet ...
- [quote]CHALLENGE THE BALLETS IN PENNSYLVANIA ![/quote]
Jesus. They want to shut down the arts too?
- Um, R500? Wait for about 10 minutes when the CA polls close
- MINNESOTA CALLED FOR OBAMA by CNN
- Fox News is saying recount in FL.
They said that Romney will lose FL by 10,000 votes.
- Just remember this when the Ohio votes are counted.
- NPR says the Rmoney camp is subdued and his supporters are going home.
- ROMNEY WINS ARIZONA
But he's not winning by as much as he should be.
- I hope, hope, hope Ted Nugent dies tonight. He wanted to kill our president, I hope Nugent is killed.
- [quote] NBC hasn't called IA or NV yet ...
CBS has declared both state will 'likely' go to Obama
- Agreed, R507. It's practically Mexico now! That's good for us.
- Obama leading in FL by 37000 votes. And Miami-Dade is only at 75% of precincts reporting.
- I George Allen giving a concession speech!?!?
- R502 Actually, I thought he was incredibly gracious to Ruben Studdard.
- What is Akin saying? I don't have time to watch it at the moment.
- Loved hottie Julian Castro's admonishment to repugs for alienating hispanic vote. Everytime he opens his mouth beautiful words come out
(and I want to shove my dick in it)
- I am so amazed and excited about FL!
- Obama needs to declare this his official victory song.
- [quote] FReeptards want Romney to challenge Pennsylvania Ballets
Over my dead body!
- Heidi Heitkamp may win in North Dakota. It's so close.
- Kaine can probably beat Allen once Northern VA comes in, but right now it is Tied.
- WHO THE FUCK IS EATING IN THE BACKGROUND ON MSNBC COVERAGE RIGHT NOW???
- Remember George Will predicted on ABC this weekend that Romney would take Minnesota?
- We need to run Castro in a few cycles.
He will be President. I said so of Obama in 04 and I said so about Castro at the DNC.
- I love this schoolmarm so much.
- AP hasn't called: WI, MN, NM, ID, MT when nearly everyone else has.
- It is absolutely incredible and unbelievable that Obama is going to win this election by every standard and yet CNN has had Romney in the electoral lead the ENTIRE NIGHT. Obama had a ten minute lead very early on.
This is ONLY because CNN refuses to call states even when they have information that obviously leans Democrat.
Are they the new Fox News? Even Fox has conceded the election at this point. The atmosphere is positively funereal there.
- TIM KAINE!!! YAY!!!
- Don't worry about Obama and the popular vote. Here in California, it's 7:58 pm, and the polls will be cloing in two minutes, and we're going to bury that lying fraud Romney.
- Aikin was blabering about policy more than being gracious in defeat. God this and God that and the direction the country is going.
Good riddence to trash.
- Five more minutes until the west coast checks in. Do you think they'll start calling some of the other states if they'll put Obama over the top?
- MSNBC Kaine wins in VA!!!
- R479, you're just too excited to remember that VA's DC suburbs, heavily Democratic, are always late arrivals in the returns.
Calm down, dear. You're fine.
- NBC finally projecting Kaine as the winner in VA.
- [quote]NPR says the Rmoney camp is subdued and his supporters are going home.
Adios, motherfuckers, and let the doorknob hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
- Allen already conceded. Speech and all 2012 Poll Troll!
- WARREN IS GOING NUTTY
- R533 And Castro has a twin, so there's a backup if he's sick. Sort of like Kevin Kline in "Dave."
- I do not understand the popular vote being this close. I cannot believe Romney is ahead of the President. How could that many people vote for this douchebag. I am astounded I tell you!!!!
- Candy Crowley to waiter at hotel Romney watch party:
"Get me a whiskey and don't be stingy baby."
- As did Scott Brown, Poll TRoll
- The OFFICIAL Poll Troll ELECTION NIGHT THREAD*
PART 3!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
- NPR map has the PResident creeping to within a point in VA, holding steady leads in OH and FL.
- Not sure there is a major swing county in a battleground state that Obama isn't carrying: Hillsborough (FL), Loudoun (VA), Hamilton (OH)
- The selection of dippin' sauces is very poor, very poor indeed.
- California LOOOOVE coming up!
- Does anybody think it's just killing the broadcasters not to call Ohio and Florida right now? They're doing everything but with this 'harder to find a pathway' meme.
- Candy Crowley is soo unfunny.
- R554 They're not a beverage, dear.
- VOTN was premature, but it's official: Tim Kaine has won.
- This is really a cliff-hanger! Chills!
- RT @denverpost: FLASH: Denver Post projects Colorado victory for Barack Obama #COvote
- Finally Obama takes electoral lead.
Game over Repukes.
- They wanna wait to call anything to draw out their ratings or people will be switching to "Everybody Loves Raymond" on TVLand.
- At 11 pm the west coast states now tallied and Obama has 243 electoral votes.
- CALIFORNIA!!!! Obama
- Per NBC 243 Obama 188 Romney.
I know, I know, we were always going there but still - biggest batch of electoral votes in the nation.
55, bitches, all going to the President.
- Everybody get ready to call this motherfucker.
- Hawaii with Aloha!!!
- Joe Walsh Election Results: Illinois Congressman Defeated By Tammy Duckworth
The volatile race between Walsh, a Tea Party favorite, and Duckworth was one of the nation's most closely watched congressional battles. Nearly $6.6 million in outside spending was reported in the contest, including $2.7 million worth of ads attacking Duckworth poured into the race by conservative super PACs in recent weeks.
- NBC has CA and WA, but not OR, NV, IA
- OK so what else do we need?
- So really, when you think about it, it's the east cost, with a few parts of the midwest, that decide the presidency, because everybody else is pretty much locked into habits.
- From Daily Kos -
8:01 PM PT: I did a benchmark county audit here. Overall, Obama maintains a 40,000-vote in Florida with 94.2% in. Thing is, the bulk of the leftover vote is in Miami-Dade and other Democratic counties. Obama will win, but might be close enough to drag out via recall or whatnot. Still, Florida won't matter. Thank god.
- After 2000, CNN is too chickenshit to call anything.
- I always hated Raymond personally.
- Rmoney wins North Carolina
- Jeb Bush reportedly tweeted that Romney lost Florida
- CALIFORNIA, WASHINGTON for OBAMA
NORTH CAROLINA for ROMNEY
- [quote]Joe Walsh Election Results: Illinois Congressman Defeated By Tammy Duckworth
- President Obama has been reelected. With the present calls for him, plus the sure-things California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii and Nevada, and his being very strong in Colorado and Iowa and now sure to win there, he reaches 272 electoral votes without Ohio, Virginia or Florida even being considered.
It was NOT close, in terms of electoral votes. The rest of the evening now is just raking in the chips. The game is won.
- Oh shock! Rmoney wins NC.
- DEMS KEEP THE SENATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- @rauldemolina ABC News sources say that Jeb Bush told The Romney campaign that they lost Florida
- Romney takes North Carolina
- If he gets OR, NV, IA and CO, as predicted, we don't need to worry about FL, VA or OH.
- Well that is a good day's work, Tammy Duckworth.
Joe Walsh gone... wow, that's really great. He's such a disgusting excuse for a human being.
- The freepers are so delusional. If Obama wins tonight, the GOP is going to be in the wilderness for a long time. They're blaming 50% of Americans for "stupidly" believing that Bush ruined the economy. They're saying they need to get the word out that the Bush tax cuts are great. Oh and they need to get rid of the RINOs like Scott Brown and every other Republican who's lost tonight.
They're inability to self-reflect is their biggest downfall. They don't seem to realise that they are currently the Incredible Shrinking Party.
- Dammit! I was the "Obama will win North Carolina" troll.
- The pig of pigs Joe Walsh is gone!
- Is Fox really talking recount in Fl?? Wouldn't it be moot if Obama got to 270 without it?
- Whats happening with Tammy Baldwin?
- Can peeps post schadenfreude freeper meltdown descriptions? Tenor of rage, despair etc.
- Link to the Rmoney is MIA.
Did he take his magic underpants and fly to his new home planet?
- Of course the Freepers hate Ballet; all the men are gay and it is a heavily funded art.
- [quote]The pig of pigs Joe Walsh is gone!
Well he can go back to playing guitar with The Eagles, then.
- He's got Iowa!
- Obama wins Iowa.
- IOWA!!!!!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Obama has Iowa.
- Iowa! If Colorado's true, this is it, right?
- FUCK YOU SHIT ROMNEY!!!!!!
- Obama is at 249 electoral votes. Only needs 21 more...
- Jesus, the NY Times is slow updating their map and totals.
- Ohio from Obama.
- Two-fucking-forty-NINE EVs, bitches!
- The Osmonds must be pissed.
- @ rauldemolina : ABC News sources say that Jeb Bush told The Romney campaign that they lost Florida
- "WHO THE FUCK IS EATING IN THE BACKGROUND ON MSNBC COVERAGE RIGHT NOW???"
I think the Republican strategy pigeon on Rachel's panel is eating crow off camera.
- I'm the "Romney takes FL and NC troll," R589.
I'd be thrilled to be half wrong.
Obama is wining Hillsborough county, fuck you freeper!
- FLASH: Denver Post projects Colorado victory for Barack Obama #COvote
- Iowa goes to the President.
Florida is going to the President.
That's it, then. Congratulations to our newly re-elected President, Barack Obama.
God what a relief.
- r588 - the RINOs like Scott Brown should actually be the FUTURE of the Repub Party if they have any hope at all of re-gaining traction as a leading party in this country again...even though Brown lost (deservedly, to the excellent Liz Warren) he will lose only by a slim margin in a traditionally very blue state where he had widespread support and appeal.
Murdouck's loss in IN (red central) to a Dem and other Dem wins tonight should be taken as a call for change....the teabagger wing needs to be excised and the far-right re-examining its goals.
- OHIO! OHIO! OHIO!
- MSNBC just called Ohio, and the election, for Obama!
- I hope this means DL will be FUMIGATED!
Go cry, freeper vermin. Don't come back for four years!