- Actually, the interview about Harry not having moved was from last wednesday so if he moved between that interview and this monday am, it would have had to have been over this weekend?
Pretty sure they were busy with promo?
I doubt what Nick said was true?
- Thank you for part5, OP.
- Actually blows my mind that people are upset by the 'Grimmy's'
1) Nick didn't pick it nor the nominee's
2) Nick is a bitch at times, the rest of the categories are just as demeaning. Its Grimmy, what do people expect?!
3) Two other people are in the nominee's, do you see them or their fans having a hissy fit. NO.
4) Its a joke
5) Louis is not some precious little china doll that people need to protect. nor does he lack in self esteem, if anything he's the most confidant one in 1D. He's proven himself on many occasion to be able to stand up for himself when he doesn't like something.
6) Its a joke
7) No-one called Louis ugly, in fact they said he was the 'worst looking one but still fit' ... so actually they were saying he's still attractive.
8) Its a joke
9) Louis, Nick and Harry have nothing to do with each other in the sense, Louis does not hate Nick, its a joke. Harry and Louis are friends. Nick and Harry are friends. Louis or Nick do not have to automatically be best friends with each other too.
10) Everyone is allowed an opinion - my order for 1D would be Harry, Niall, Zayn, Louis and then Liam - I still think Liam is pretty beautiful, but he's the least attractive to me.
I think some of the problem with the Larry fans and Nick is how America based they are. Different sense of humour. Although really, Louis mum, was it necessary to get involved in a joke?! If you were that offended, contact Nick directly, don't do it publicly on twitter where you know the fan girls are gona go mental at Nick for it. Thankfully, I don't think Nick gives a crap, nor will he ever.
- I've been away afew months but I'm gonna guess that nothings happened...... We still think Grim and Harry are hooking up but we also think that Harry and Louis are hooking up.
And although we still laugh at those silly girls on Tumblr while posting their "insights" endlessly on here.
We think Harry is gay but also bisexual and sometimes straight. We think he sleeps with older women but then he doesnt and its a tabloid plant.
We think Louis is gay but was in love with his first girlfriend. We think Eleanor is a paid beard because we saw a gif where Louis frowned at her.
We think Management is horrible and intrusive and keeps Harry from his male loves. But Harry is still able to throw out copious hints like cuddling with G or L in full view of said Management.
We think this situation is incredibly unique except that the same plot has been played out in countless other boybands and very very acurately with Elijah Wood & Dominic Monaghan (complete with "Management", "the Beard", "the Enabler", "the Blocker" and "the diversionary tabloid rumors")
That about right?
- @R3 Ohhh Scandal in Quahog! I retract my post on R4. Shits going down! I hear Grim and Louis will have a slap fight behind the chem lab after school.
- Hollz - how did Louis's mum get involved? Completely agree with the rest of your post, the whole fall-out is ridiculous! It was LMC choosing them anyway, Nick may not have seen it until he was reading them out (although he might have and just didn't care).
Bearing in mind there's also been grief for Nick saying he dressed up as a "voodoo priest" for Halloween. The unfortunate thing is - and I don't think Nick will even care, but it still stands - these people put him up on a pedestal without knowing who he is and simply because he was cool and friends with "hipster" Harry. And now they're upset because he's not the politically correct cupcake they thought he was. If they'd known anything about his past work and public persona they'd know he doesn't give two shits and can be a complete bitch.
R5 ha, before kissing and making up behind the bike sheds no doubt. And I know you were mocking in R4, but you have to admit there's a lot of unnecessarily crossed wires! I don't personally buy any of the extreme management theories - I doubt they're laid back, but they're hardly going to be the demonic tribe some fans make them out to be - but there's definitely some kind of PR agenda behind all this.
- R4, Not really, no.
Most people on here are not interested in anything to do with Larry, beards, photo bans etc..
We generally just discuss the tweets by journalists and entertainment bods ect saying;
Nick and Harry are shagging /Nick & Harry are in a relationship etc...
whilst trying to reconcile this with the press stories about Harry being a womanizer.
- any thoughts on whether Harry has moved yet and if not, why he was jogging there and if he has, why Nick would say he hadn't?1
- Well, it could be that Harry doesn't want to get mobbed there, for as long as possible, so he's not announcing he's moved in. I don't know if fans would really do that, but from what I've read it doesn't seem far-fetched.
- How did Louis's mum get involved? Please, explain this, I didn't hear enything.
- she tweeted something... it was stupid
- Links - as far as I can tell the 1D fangirls think Nick produces the show on his own; given the comments on the last thread they even seem to think he chooses the entire playlist. He didn't tweet the original idea or choose it as a category or even read out the nominees for the Louis one. Matt Fincham asked if he was too scare to and said that he gladly read them and then did. So Nick's involvement was pretty minimal. I know it's his name on the show, but really, it's not meant to be serious. I haven't seen Louis's mothers' tweet but maybe she had only heard it second hand at the time.
- I saw Louis's mom tweets for today, it wasn't anything who could be related to Grimmy's show. I don't know why people invent all kinds of things.
- Harry Styles seems to be DL's new Gerard Pique, and before that Jake G and before that LotRs. Sorry but all these guys turn out to be straight, Harry included.
- Yeah, I'm sick and tired of people discussing the other 1D members besides Harry too. Especially that Louis Tomlinson. That ugly, untalented, unfit, unathletic Louis. Let's just stop talking about him. And his ass ain't all that either. So let's never mention him again.
And you bet I knew what I was doing when I read that list! I couldn't wait to read it! He totally deserved it!
Plus I'm waaaaay taller than Louis. I just don't see what the big deal about Louis is.
- R15 I rarely, and I mean rarely, post here but fuck off. I only read this sometimes because I'm interested in Nick. I hope someone has the wit to start a thread with no 1D mention in its title because I'm not much interested.
By the way guys, how hoot were the pics of Nick and Olly Murs?
- I like Nick too, r16. But that was a nasty thing to say in response to a hilarious comment.
- Well from what I have been reading this Nick seems like a real dick. Maybe an even bigger dick than Louis .....and thats a tall order right there.
Yeesh! I doubt his producers would have made such a shit-stirring choice without his knowing.
Even if his producer is unaware of the triangle conspiracy theories (how could she not, really?! I knew and I havent been paying attention to this crap for awhile). She would still have been aware that Louis is part of an extremely tween-popular group and this could send Tween haters Grimms way. She would no doubt have told him, even in passing, to steel himself.
God, why am I immersed back into this infantile nonsense again. Whats wrong with me!!
- It's Datalounge R17. Live with it!
- Harry has at least partially moved to his new house; his cars were there the other day. Unless he just parks them there.
- Grimmy is busy co-hosting the Mercury awards with Lauren Laverne right now, this morning's events probably long forgotten. The Breakfast show's audience is much bigger than 1D's UK fan base anyway.
The Guardian is live blogging the Mercurys if anyone's interested (see link below)
- Thanks, NW3.
- I wonder what will happen in the morning? I wonder if the awards will still take place or will they not get mentioned. I took the category as a joke myself but I'm not a 1D fan. I can see that it would maybe annoy fans a little but most went completely over the top with their responses. Nick and his team are going to have to think more about any jokes around 1d in the future which is a shame.
- actually i don't think louis is the most confident by a long shot, and his mom got mad on twitter about it lol. She is very protective.
- this is what she tweeted? i think it's deleted because i went to her twitter and couldn't find it.
- I could care less about Harry, I want to know more about Louise.
- Out of interest has anyone seen any complaints by JLS or The Wanted fans? Because surely a lot of their fans are also teenage girls. Or is it just because the 1D fans are perceiving that this is related to "Larry".
- they don't have as many fans are one direction, so probably not.
- just wondering if someone can make a general one direction thread, because people seem to be annoyed whenever anyone but nick and harry are mentioned.
- IA, I would love a 1D thread. We're really grasping at straws here, anyway.
- Interesting tweet.... well i say interesting, but we've had so many of these now it's getting old!
- General One Direction thread with a poll to vote for the hottest.
- R31, A few people have now mentioned that some sort of injunction / gagging order has been granted regarding these two.
If true, it would explain why so many media professionals / friends of journalists etc..are suddenly (seemingly) in the know about this and tweeting, often, with such certainty.
Notification to the media of an injunction is surely confirmation in itself.
- So we are really at the point of using tweets by teenagers as evidence.
- No, just verifiable media professionals. There have been many.
This tweet was just 'interesting'
- I saw today that a girl on Twitter who goes by @Brigid_x tweeted this photo, which she then later deleted:
- I don't know who that is in the photo with Harry or if this is a recent photo or old or what, but I thought I would post here for you all to analyze.
The girl then tweeted this:
- She's American so doubt it's recent.
- Thanks L Girl, I hadn't even noticed that she was American! Terrible sleuth I am lol...
- There is a new pic from 19th October on twitter. The poster says it's of Harry leaving Nick's house. Difficult to tell where it was taken, but Harry is wearing clothes he wore for Ed sherin? concertwhich i think was that day. looks like hes about to get in his own car. There is no original source though.
- Could you give us a link please, R40?
- Just saw the pic on twitter, R40. Shame the surroundings are blurred, otherwise I'd have been able to tell if that's Nick's street or any of the neighbouring ones.
- Can we have a link to the tweet or picture, though? Otherwise it's a nightmare to find.
- Sorry it's here
- Thank you, R44.
- A guy tweeted that afternoon saying H had just parked up next to him and got out of a car in PRH so prob is legit.
- NW3, do you actually know street N lives on?!
If so, just look to see If there is a yellow house with scaffolding next to it (as in the pic)
- R47 - Yes I know N's street. There are a couple of yellow houses on it, but Harry usually parks on a neighbouring street when he visits and it looks like that's where he is, although it's hard to tell for sure as the pic is so blurred. But it you look closely you'll see there's a blue plaque on the house beside the yellow one, which is the giveaway!
- [quote]Harry Styles seems to be DL's new Gerard Pique, and before that Jake G and before that LotRs. Sorry but all these guys turn out to be straight, Harry included.
Then you won't mind us carrying on, right?
Okay, cheers for that.
- NW3, thanks. Either way, he was probably visiting N I guess.
Doesn't look to happy to have been papped.
- Grimmy and Gregory on the same show - I'm in radio heaven. Forget Russell Kane - someone give them their own show!
Grimmy has won this one hands down, just by using a real pool :)
- I think what we can deduce for definite is Nick (be he friend or +) is very important in Harry's life, especially currently.
All these little soujourns? Nice.
I really pay little heed to what goes on or is said publicly though with these so-called fallouts blown up by fans, because there's a lot of banter and poking and that's Nick's style. It's also One Direction's style, to throw out mixed messages, be coy or appear 'hurt' or 'offended' or whatnot. It's all buzz-generating.
Meanwhile, behind all this, these people all probably socialise like rival politicians at a bar and grill. Most times it's pure entertainment/shock value/ratings drives.
And it always works. Helped along by social media.
- Sorry I dunno if this has been posted on previous thread but "apparently" (as these things can turn out to be squibs) Liam, Louis and Zayn turned up at a gay club in Italy (!) for Halloween. Marco probably got them in as he is from there (?) if you follow the correspondence below. Nothing amazing, just a link to a nice night out if true.
Decor comparisons from the Tumblr sleuths also.
Interesting that they went out of London but a nice change I guess. No sign of Harry or Niall (at least visually).
- LMC wasn't too happy about her 25,000 hate tweets though. And I don't blame her. So what if she doesn't think Louis's attractive? And she didn't pick him for the "nomination" anyway. These girls don't seem to understand that people have different tastes!
Do we know what Grimmy was saying the day that Harry has been pictured, then?
- What do you mean Links?
- [quote]These girls don't seem to understand that people have different tastes!
What stands out about One Direction's fandom is that the most pointedly citrussy (read: qweeny) one, Louis (will always have a bit of a soft spot for the idea of L/H as a couple, despite some compelling evidence pointing away from), he gets absolute carte blanche to walk over everyone and his fans think it's 'natural sass'. They can't take constructive criticism.
We have someone here who rants about 'hating' on him, even if someone just says his singing is not particularly strong. Apparently you are not allowed a critical opinion on Louis for some reason.
It's like they think he needs defending all the time. He's as hard as a rock and could probably take on a team of ninjas. Then his mum comes running on Twitter every five mins and that's also silly. He's a man. He doesn't need girls and mum's jumping to defend him over nothing. Shrug it off, laugh and be merry.
- NW3,lol, you some sort of stalker!?
- R57 - No, I actually live in the area and have done since I was born :) Around here people tend to know which celeb lives in which house, same as in most parts of the world I imagine. Have you never done the grand tour of celebs' houses in LA?!
- NW3- I live by Disneyland which it an hour away from LA and I have never seen the Hollywood sign which I think is sad But I do live on the street where Gwen Stefani grew up and everyone knows what house it is so I understand the knowing where people live if u also live there.
- NW3, err..no?
- NW3, I think the scary thing is you know what street Harry parks on when he visits.
As for Louis' mom sticking up for him on twitter, I doubt he asked her to do so. Mothers are protective and she has every right to speak up when she thinks he's being insulted. Talk about Louis all you want but when you hold it against his mom I think it's unreasonable.
- A bit off topic but anyone wonder what happened to N's dog? He seemed so excited about him but hasn't mentioned the topic since.
I hope he didn't end up back at Battersea dogs home.
- R57, for shame, you must be new! NW3 is our resident eye in the sky.
We have him permanently parked outside Harry's 'high-walled' house with binoculars and a bobble hat on. We send him in with a tennis racket (just to give that idea of middle-class etiquette) so nobody suspects. This is usually on Sundays when Nick Grimshaw is 'making a spinach tart' for 'someone' and there's plenty of activity.
- I'm in England in case that last post made it look otherwise.
- 56, seems like your only purpose in life is to hate Louis. All your posts are the same vitriolic hate. We understand you ship Harry and Nick or you are going absolutely crazy over the posibility of Harry and Zayn together. This thread is not about Louis but you find every time an oportunity to spit your venom. Your style of writing is inconfundable but please chill out.
- [quote]As for Louis' mom sticking up for him on twitter, I doubt he asked her to do so.
I didn't say he did ask her to.
[quote]Mothers are protective and she has every right to speak up when she thinks he's being insulted. Talk about Louis all you want but when you hold it against his mom I think it's unreasonable.
You can think what you jolly well want. His mum is on Twitter publicly advertising her opinions so if I think some of her posts are silly (hardly the worst affront when fans are tweeting her directly calling her actual names and insults) I will say so. It's called democracy. Grow a thicker skin.
R65, there's no other word for you than, quite honestly, nuts. I didn't bother reading past your first line.
This is Nick's thread btw. So I will continue to discuss Nick where appropos, as his name is on the header.
You should be thanking people Louis is still relevant enough to discuss, tbh. Frankly I dunno why you are both so upset.
- Exactly 1313. Lucky you living in sunny California!
Grimmy's show was on point today. First time in ages I've listened to the entire show. So lovely to be able to listen to the R1 breakfast show without wanting to throw things at people ;)
L Girl - I fear he did. He may have felt with Aimee's dog it would have been one dog too many in a small flat.
(Oops, I said small flat! That makes me a stalker - call the cops!)
- NW3, understandable I guess. I don't suppose his lifestyle is conducive to dog ownership (and dogs from Battersea often have behavioural issues)
- R67 I only heard the last hour and a bit today but Nick and Annie were so funny. I've really missed them on the radio together.
- 56 or 67 or what the fuck your numbers are, like I said, your hate of Louis is almost pathological, please go and see a physician, you making yourself look so crazy is embarassing.
- R70, calm down love. You're the only one sounding crazy arund here.
- LOL everyone around here sounds pretty crazy.
- why don't we go back to talking about this pic of Harry leaving Nick's flat...because now we've got quite many pics of Harry leaving Nick's flat early in the mornings...and that's intersting :')
- Harry's latest tweet is a link to Grimmy's Briefer video.
- It's an adorable tweet. I love that he commented on it.
I agree, R73, it's very interesting!
- Thurston the dog in the Mirror talking about Nick and appears to be a Harry mention.
- So... Louis' mum would send a tweet to the 'boyfriend' of a boy she cares about, saying those nasty things about him?
- R77, She didn't send a tweet direct to Nick Grimshaw if that's what you're implying.
Even if she had, are you trying to infer it means the rumours about Harry and Nick are untrue?
Hardly. A mother would stand up for her son reagrdless of who she was standing up to.
-  - well maybe there is something to the Heat headline:
"Grimmy tells heat why he's wearing Harry's clothes. Are they living together? Or do they just like the way the other smells? We investigate...."
Either option is just a touch "boyfriendy"
- Chris Moyles tweet did make me laugh earlier, all the bbc team seem to instantly link Harry with Nick in any situation!
- But this will probably be of more interest to you all..... claims to have a personal connection to one of their PA's...
- You said it yourself, we're talking about a rumor made up and spread by journalists in London. So there is a big chance it is not true. :)
Guys, you know that Nick and One Direction fall under the same PR-company, huh? So I wouldn't take too seriously what people in the media say about them. Especially not because we're talking about the most popular member of the most popular boyband in the world. Harry and Nick are practically pushing their 'relationship' into our faces. I think this is all done on purpose, for whatever reason. And it started with the call-and-delete game in April.
- Oh, please, R82. You have a strange definition of "pushing it in our faces"
Thank you, R81.
- I understand what you're saying, but i don't feel as if it's being 'pushed in our faces'.. I feel if you want to find something out in regards to them both you have to go searching. Ask people are I can guarantee they will not have a clue and wouldn't have heard anything about it. Majority of the public probably still think he's still with flack or some random girl as that is what he is known for 'being a womaniser'
- Interesting... the photo I posted here last evening of Harry in a car with a blonde girl (via Twitter) is now in a new article in the Daily Mail. Except they are apparently expecting their readers to believe the photo was taken in an airplane???
- I don't think these people sugest that Harry and Grimmy are in relationship. From how they talk about them is seems H/G are fuck buddies. Come on, somebody has refered to Harry as a 12 years old toy. Really insulting, if you ask me.
-  just shows how stories get changed from one website to another on the internet and it doesn't look like the DM mind that what they have printed is nothing like the real details said about the pic or where it was from. I wonder what the point of them changing these details is
- Is Nick wearing Harry's pink bobble hat in the Bieber spoof?
Earlier I meant - did Nick say what he was doing that day/the night before on the day Harry was papped having been at his house (we assume)?
- He was at an event, the "Steve Madden UK Launch", Links. I don't remember him mentioning it himself though or anything about that evening, but I could be wrong.
- Well it's nice to know that their airplane has satnav!
With regards to Nick and Harry "pushing it in our faces" watch the iTunes Festival interview with 1D, Nick and Annie Mac. They are all asked about their recent holidays which everyone but Harry answered (he has been in London with Nick for his) and then when the conversation turns to Niall's Birthday Golf event, which was the same day as Nick's last evening radio show (which we know Harry attended) Liam very clearly asks Harry
"why didn't you go Harry? And you are a golfer, a keen golfer. Where were you then? Bo.
And again Harry doesn't answer. So they are not going out of their way to mention any time they are spending together.
-  I think day before was there meet up at Villandry and Nandos.
- Yeah, Nandos and Villandry were that day too, as well as the youth centre photo and the Call or Delete recording, most likely.
- R82, Oh for gods sake,
1) It would not benefit either party to have romance/shagging rumours floating about. Friendship rumours yes, but 10 ten year same sex relationship, hardly.
2) Harry and Nick have been behaving like this scince last year. Only in the last couple of months did they become more open about their friendship (and even then they still hid alot of stuff) And now the gossip has got out of control they are back to keeping a low profile.
3) Plenty of non media people have gossiping about this since last year.
4) People reported seeing them making out in jan?
5) They have been socialising with each others families since last year (just the two of them)
6) They have been papped leaving each others house first thing since last year.
7) They have been sharing clothes since last year
And you really think a bunch of media types have 'suddenly' decided to invent and spread this rumour?
A few that tweeted it, then deleted it for fear of getting into trouble. Why would they do this if they were supposed to be spreading it.
Another tweeted 'is there an injunction'? when worried he had tweeted to much.
I bet if Harry and Nick admitted it you would still say they were faking it for publicity?
This isn't being pushed. We know about it because we look into it but everything single person I've told about this WITHOUT EXCEPTION has been shocked and they all say but 'can't be true, he dated caroline'
All for you having an apposing view but if your only argument is that everyone that says they are together 'is lying' well it's a bit pointless.
- Links, Yes, that does look like Harry's hat.
I think Nick was around the afternoon that Harry was spotted. It was quite late in the afternoon.
- I could see H&N letting the rumours persist to act as some sort of cover for H&Flack.
However, I can't see them deliberately orchestrating this. These people are not all repeating a vague rumour, they often quote specifics and how they know. Are we really saying they have all gone to this trouble on behalf of H&N?
Moreover, much N&H's socialising is often covert and recently they seem I to acting in a way to actively lessen the rumours (not push the relationship in people's faces)
And one last thing, these rumours were going around at the beginning and right through H&Flacks 'romance'
- That tweet conversation from the link in  has continued
- The Wanted is a much better group than One Direction. Haven't you guys thought of that?
- @ R87 I wonder too... maybe the point was to get a photo out there of Harry with a female kissing him? If so, it just seems desperate. The photo of Harry & the girl is completely different in nature and quality than the rest of the photos of the boys on the plane... btw, Liam tweeted those "snuggling" photos of the boys yesterday.
- Awwww... cute Grimmy tweet from Harry...
- Harry is not that hot, r99. Just because Harry is into older women (or men) doesn't make him that hot!
- We are off topic because I'm here to talk about Nick mostly. But I have met The Wanted and the weren't too hot in the flesh.1D look better in pics.
- R101, I meet the lead singer of The Wanted, and he was incredibly sexy and flirty. His light eyes were gorgeous! The guy with the long curly hair was handsome and very tall.
- One last thought on the view this 'rumour' is all made up to cover something else.
wouldn't 1D's management either..
choose a less damaging cover like a fake gf, more kiss & tells etc..
or...just get an injunction type thing so that the press can't report on whatever they might be trying to coverup?
Why choose a gay affair with a guy 10 years older than harry and looks 20 years older?
- I highly doubt anyone 'chose' this [R103]. The only reason people might even consider it could be positive pr in any way is because of the way the people involved have handled it.. Harry in particular I think.
Still sure he's straight tbh, but with the attitude that if people think you aren't that's not an insult at all.
I quite like the kid's attitude.. just letting any gossipers get on with it, having a bit of a sense of humour and not ever having a self-indulgent rant and moan (louis-style)..
- @ R100 WTH are you talking about??? When did I mention anything about Harry being hot?
- Yeh, you can't really deny that Harry seems to have a sensible head on those shoulders. Several 'well known/public eye' type people have said in the past and more recently that that the other boys didn't really say anything to them except for Harry, who they said was charming and asked how they were and what up to etc. I do think its Harry just being nice but also clever business move - be nice to people on your way up cos you might need them on your way down! Harry will be the one with the connections and the most well known within the industry when 1D finishes.
I do also like the fact he just seems let rumours and gossip pass over his head or laughs about it. I recon Nick and his friendship group have had a very positive influence on him there though, they've all been around in showbiz circles for a while, know how it works, what to avoid, how to behave and know mostly that you have to ignore the rubbish and just live etc etc ... I'm sure they've given great advice and he's generally picked up their way of being quite carefree. I think you can see that he's similar or wants to be similar to them in that sense.
- R104, why are so sure Harry is straight given all the rumours point to the opposite?
His behaviour, the womanising stories or just a vibe?
- Clearly the kissing photo of H and girl is from the back of a Land Rover, not the plane. However, I do think Harry was with the others at Halloween as there were pictures of him with white makeup in his hair.
- Also just listened to the new single. Harry sounds like a deep-voiced Lee Mavers - which is really great.
- R106, I agree completely. Harry has a great attitude in that sense and maybe that does have something to do with Nick and his friends, but he seems to be smart and aware anyway all on his own. I hope he manages to keep that attitude and isn't pushed to make any statements he doesn't want to.
For those who share my opinion that Harry and Zayn are adorable together (no, I don't mean as a romance) here is a moment from their latest video:
- Nick's response to Harry on twitter:)
- Loving the tweets between Harry, Alexa, Grimmy and Pixie :) Moylesy's tweet made me smile, as did Harry (and Gemma) tweeting about Grimmy's video.
Lol at "Thurston" mentioning a floppy haired boyband boy or whatever it was that they said!
- Nick responded in fact to management because is well known they make this kind of anouncements on boy's twitter.
- I don't think so, R113, but opinions differ of course. Anyway it was also indirectly a response to Harry's tweet about Nick's video though. I doubt management tweeted that too, haha.
- I wonder if Harry's Flash Gordon reference is about the movie Ted? If so, haha! Still gives me nightmares..
- Speaking of Zayn, these two are sexy together.
- Just noticed Grimmy's "Afternoon London" tweet with a pic of the London skyline - after Harry tweeted "good morning Stockholm" with a pic of the Stockholm skyline.
All these tweets - I reckon they're missing each other :(
- Yeah, NW3. That will be a long tour, despite the breaks, if they miss each other after three days already.
- I actually didn't link the tweets, but it would actually... make sense?
Cute that they've been watching videos or each other today!
- NW3- Good point about the tweets being linked I did not think about that but it makes sense.
- Make of this interview article what you will I guess? Whoever he is referring to whether it is truly a girl or not is quite lucky!
"I thought i did but this girl isn't really my 'type'"
- It seems like quite convenient timing, but who knows, R121.
- Whoever this girl is that he likes/is seeing, he's doing quite a good job of keeping it on the down low i guess? i mean how does he have the time aside from rehearsals/seeing nick? (not implying anything... or maybe i am) to focus on her?
- Harry rarely uses gender specific terms in person, only ever in written interviews. It does make me wonder if he said 'I'm interested in a person or someone' rather than girl and they've just changed/added the word girl on assumption. Could be totally wrong obvs!
- If he's talking about a real, actual person and not a hypothetical, it's only polite to not call her "they" or "this person." He does use gender-neutral terms when speaking generally, as you can see there.
As far as not seeing her around, if he specifically wants to get to know her out of the spotlight then he'd certainly go out of his way.
- Exactly what I thought, R124. Take away that one word (girl) and replace it with "person" and he could be talking about... anybody.
If it turns out to be a girl I hope it's Cara Delevingne :)
- If he didn't say use the feminine article people would decide it was about Louis. Or Nick.
- The girl could be Taylor Swift - she fits the description, and "Haylor" is being shipped like crazy right now. I can see Harry and Taylor getting on board with this ship. It may be another Demi-Niall which almost, nearly... but never happens.
I really like Taylor so would love it to be her.
- So people here think Harry's and Nick's morning tweets are because they miss each other? And they fill the need to tell everybody? See, this is a thing that make me to doubt their "romance": is too public, too visible. I mean why not to text, why not to speak on phone, why to use twitter when you know people will see and analize your every movement. It is very strange, but I doubt these two are a couple.
- IA to an extent, they are definitely coy about it. People think they're hiding something when I'm pretty sure they're not stupid enough to think people won't pick up on those things. When they do that it's obvious trolling, regardless of the actual type of relationship they have.
- I don't doubt they text each other when they are away. I think the photos may be coincidental, or maybe a bit jokey on Nick's side cos Harry posted his photo earlier on. In regards to the tweets between Harry/Nick and friends, nothing new. They've done it since way back when.
- It is odd that they changed "someone" in the actual quote in the article to "woman" in the headline. He may have said girl in the rest, but that was a stupid thing to do in the title.
- Totally within journalistic jurisdiction, but it does indicate that there might be an effort to show H as straight. One must consider that the media will go straight by default, even major pussy hound Simon Cowell had he given the same interview would have seen the title changes the same way.
- agree, if the title was "I like someone who's driven" or whatever, there's no controversy. He doesn't come off as the straight womanizer we apparently want to see. I think that takes a lot of credibility from the rest of the interview. There's no way of knowing what they're changing. And, considering the amount of crap that gets written about him, Harry rarely if ever, comes out to defend himself, so really it's hard to take seriously anything related to him in the media.
- Exactly, R134. Once they do that, and keep it in quotes, it becomes difficult to know what other "adjustments" may have been made. It could be none, but we don't know that for sure.
If he is planning on sharing a new relationship with the world, we will know for sure soon enough.
- They made the title gender-specific because they've quoted him saying he likes a girl; also, because non-specific headlines are weak, while the word "woman" is strong and creates an image and story in the readers mind, which will make them read the article. Though it would help with portraying Harry as straight (if he's not); it's also about getting people to read.
I don't really want to deny this, because Cosmo is frivolous, sure, but it's not a rag. Also, it's stupid to discount any evidence that points against our theories.
It's just VERY strange that this seems to fly in the face of everything we see; mostly because people usually know where Harry is and who he's with, and it's usually with people we recognise. So when exactly is he starting up this new relationship??
I also thought his description of who he likes was quite Nick-ish; but also could relate to a lot of people, so I'm really not reading too much into that. It was the "laugh at themselves" and "love what they do/ambitious" thing that made me think of Nick, though. Interesting that he says "good at something they love doing"; it does kind of imply someone older? Or is that just me?
As soon as I saw Nick had tweeted the "afternoon London", I thought of the Stockholm picture from Harry ... but it's in the same territory as "send help" and the ice-cream tweet from Nick. Coincidental, but there's no way to prove it's connected.
NW3 - I very much doubt it will be Taylor Swift. I find that whole media flurry about their supposed romance very odd; I thought they'd met very, very briefly? And then all this strange stuff with Emma Ostilly, which everyone knows was a stunt ...
Thought Harry's quote in Vogue this month was rather ... sad? I don't know, it wasn't negative, just:
"As to his role in the group: 'I float a bit,' he says vaguely"
- That is a sad quote, Links. Do you have a link to the interview? I've only read bits.
I get what you're saying about the quotes, but you're really supposed to be accurate inside a quote, unless you make it clear you're clarifying it etc... They could have used a different section where he "actually" says girl as a headline.
It is strange that there isn't really a clear "candidate", but the media will not let this go now, so we'll find out, I'm sure.
It's just so strange that so many people with nothing to gain and no apparent reason to lie would be so wrong about the Harry and Nick situation. To me that seems more far-fetched than an edited article, but still possible of course.
- R137 "It's just so strange that so many people with nothing to gain and no apparent reason to lie would be so wrong about the Harry and Nick situation."
I completely agree, if you weigh things up it's hard to believe a written article like this (where things can get easily twisted and we'd never know) when people in positions to KNOW things claim otherwise.
It's hard to keep a fresh perspective on things.
- did nick ever follow louis on twitter? people are saying he unfollowed him, and he's following all the guys in one direction but him.
- Absolutely, R138. It's all very strange. I don't want to rule anything out of course, but it doesn't seem logical that so many people would do that.
- Well, I'm pretty sure he used to follow him a while ago, so I guess he unfollowed him at some point. When and why are a mystery however.
- Linked is the bulk of the article. I think the writer has a crush on enigma!Harry; the others barely get a mention in, which is driving the fans wild of course. I do think that Harry is the most interested in fashion as an industry, though, and probably fitted in with the Vogue crowd a little more than the other boys.
I also think that, along with Niall, he's not as insular as the others (which isn't to say he's more confident, because I don't think he necessarily is); while in interviews Liam and Louis in particular, and also Zayn when he's engaged at all, interact with each other. They make in-jokes and giggle like children into each other's shoulders. Which is very sweet, don't get me wrong, but Harry and Niall are far more able to interact on an immediate basis with the interviewer; they make jokes with them, instead, and are more able to relate and progress a conversation with a relative stranger. I also think that this is why, on a sub-conscious level, they are the two with the biggest followings (or from what I've seen they have, anyway).
They're also the two who seem to have branched out the most socially.
R137 - I do see what you mean, but I think they needed to use that ambitious line, to be honest. It's fresh information. Also, they want to say woman because of their readership; girls don't read Cosmo and why would a woman want to read about a boy (nominated as one of the "men" of the year) fancying a girl? It's not TOTP. Similarly, ambitious women are part of Cosmo's demographic; independent women (whether you believe the magazine actually promotes this or not). I'm not excusing their changing the words, I'm just saying it's not as straight forward as "shit, we need to make this boy look straighter"; because there's a bit more to it.
Also, it's a fluff piece, they can afford to be inaccurate because it's short and people are aware that most articles like that are ridiculously paraphrased, because of the word limit (I used to write them for a magazine, it's horrendously tedious and more to do with getting as much info into 60 words as you can, than about portraying the person well).
Blah, I don't really think it's that important anyway, to be honest; I'd wait for them to pick/reveal the lucky lady and parade her out for the DM before I opinionate.
I completely agree with your last point. All of this and their behaviour and I'd just be very surprised to find out he's been courting, shall we say; single and straight, maybe, but pruning a growing relationship I think not.
- I think the person he's into right now is Nick. What "girl" could it be? And then to go on to say that person isn't his type?
Either way I feel bad that whoever he's into he can't be out in the open with it. Zayn is out with perrie, and Louis is still doing that thing with Eleanor. I mean if he likes someone or wants to be with someone it shouldn't be difficult, but that's the celebrity life style. I sure as hell couldn't do it.
- It could be lots of girls. Could be that model Cara or whatever. She's kinda tom boyish and crazy maybe that's not usually his type. I don't know why it has to be Nick.
- Cara was in Stockholm today.
Zayn does great with interviewers when he tries, and he and Niall have made better connections than Harry, if fewer, and he's also getting very noticeable during live performances, so he's who I have my eye on.
I'm sure if Harry does get serious with someone he will be open with it. He's probably easing into it right now.
- I would love it to be Cara I really would, but part of me is quite certain that pairing was a publicity stunt for Cara... I mean look now everyone knows who she is. She is definitely at the top of her game atm.
- I think he and cara would be so cute together. These girls on tumblr are having a meltdown at the article. I think they forget he's 18 and will have a lot of loves before he's ready to marry and have some babies.
- Well Cara tweeted just before 7am this morning that she was on a plane for NYC and given than 1D didn't arrive until the early hours of the morning, it would certainly have been a very co-ordinated meet-up.
- Thank you for the link, Links:).
I have written my fair share of these pointless articles, but never actually altered quotes. Neither did the editors. As you said, though, it doesn't really matter.
When Harry said he goes on dates, that made sense, but starting a relationship doesn't make that much sense, given all the time he spends elsewhere, be it at work, with the Teasdales, with Nick or with Ed. When was this happening?
I think the Cara thing is just a coincidence, who knows though.
- This is very convenient timing...
Given the press intrusion he seems to attract not to mention the 'hate' those associated with him usually endure, I can't imagine he would just announce to the press that 'there is a girl...' unless there is an agenda behind it.
Surely he would keep It quiet for as long as possible?
It's easy to throw out comments suggesting you are interested in someone but would keep the relationship out of the spotlight. It plants doubt in the minds of people like us lapping up the Grimmy rumours whilst requiring no need to actually produce said gf (given the statement about hiding the relationship)
I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but it's also niave to take everything at face value when there is a good chance a controversial and career damaging relationship is happening? (which rumours certainly support)
In such a situation It is quite reasonable to mistrust the information readily given out by these people.
If anything, the article makes me believe the gossip more than i did. There seemed so much, I was beginning to wonder if it could have been a 'cover' for something else but obviously not.
I could be wrong and H might start a totally convincing relationship with a woman (if he does, I hope it's Cara) but it would take a lot for me to believe it right now.
But for the moment, there is too much 'evidence' towards something involving Grimshaw or Flack for this article to really change my mind at the moment.
If H does start to see a girl, I would need some convincing it wasn't just more PR given Cowells history with this sort of stuff.
Sorry if this is a bit rambling (just left the pub)
- L Girl, I agree. The way he says "a girl he likes" but doesn't actually say dating, makes it easy to say it didn't work out for example at some point and nobody will be able to ask who she was.
- Besides being a girl and the long blond hair.. Cara and Harry have similar features and those dimples.
- Meant to add,
Everyone is saying (re the rumours) "it's so strange, they have no reason to lie?"
Exactly, Isn't that the point?
Harry, on the other hand does have reason to lie (If said rumours are true)
I know who I'd believe right now.
- Their songs seem to be leaking one by one. It's weird. I wonder of its being done to see the fans reaction, sort of a reassurance thing?
- Why are all these songs getting leaked? I have never experienced this, though I know it has happened. Does it have a measurably negative impact?
- In a word, no.
It's (almost 100%) likely intentional.
- A final thought on the subject;
The majority of the rumours re N&H usually just infer shagging etc..(rather than a monogamous relationship)
Given this, and the fact that most on here have concluded that H is probably Bi and only casually seeing N, it's perfectly plausible that the rumours and the article are both true.
H could have been involved with N on and off for the past year but recently met a girl he particularly likes?
Personally, the timing of his revelation makes me doubt that it's true but it's certainly possible.
(One thing I feel quite sure of is that all these people gossiping about Grimmy can't be lying / mistaken)
- Leaking is very typical these days, especially with heavily-anticipated albums.
- Yeah, I agree with the intentional leaking. The reaction seems good from fans, so the boys are probably happy about that.
As for Harry, I can't speculate anymore, my blood pressure raises. There are so many people this boy could be possibly involved with. I always seem to come back to nick though, solely based on all the time they spent together I just can't help but think they have or had something going on. As for any girl he could be interested in, it could be true, but it would be hard to trust Harry. He's away all the time, he's in the media all the time, any girl would be a bit hesitant about it all. Especially someone not in the industry.
I guess what I'm saying is at this point anything could be true. Like they say, 'there's always some truth to a rumor.'
- I see Harry is into blonde girls and Liam's type are black/biracial girls with tan/light brown skin and dyed golden hair.
- I've always wondered which one of the lot would date outside there race. It's not a discussion for this thread, but I do agree with you @r160 Liam likes mixed girls. Harry seems to like them blonde or brunette. Zayn idk.. Louis Eleanor.. Niall seems the type to date outside his race as well.
- Zayn dated Rebecca Ferguson and that other x factor girl he dated was mixed... I think white and filipina
- Harry and Grimmy both did a 'afternoon' and 'morning' picture tweet again today...
you know what they say, once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence and three times is a pattern!
- Indeed, R163.
Has anyone found any new, relevant tweets?
- Grimmy tweeted a few minutes ago from his en suite bathroom. Looks like that pic of Harry, Aimee and Grimmy taken just before Grimmy's birthday celebrations was also from there:
- The birthday pic - not the Groucho club as captioned:
Ps: Only posting this as I always thought the pic was from a bar or restaurant they went to earlier that evening.
- There are theories going around on tumblr since that article where harry said "he likes a girl who is not his type" that he is talking about aimee.
This theory I could definitely believe, I mean they also spend a lot of time together, she's just moved to london etc
what does everyone think?
- R167 - Very much doubt it! Harry's friendship with her is very much in the context of her being close friends with Grimmy.
(I always assumed she was gay?)
- Thanks, NW3. I didn't notice that.
- [R167] Yeah but he also said the girl he likes is ambitious and good at what they do and Aimee's job these days just seems to be Professional Fag Hag.
- I meant about the bathroom.
- I am loling at the idea of Harry being into Aimee.
- At the risk of reading too much into things, I found it kind of interesting that Harry mentioned "body language" as one of the things that attracted him to his mysterious quasi-girlfriend, because a) it's not the most obvious thing to focus on, and b) Nick does have a quite distinctive (slightly fey) body language.
- The latest talk on the twitterverse is of the girl Harry mentioned being Alexa Chung, with Cara Delevingne still a firm possibility.
This could run and run...
(If Harry hoped to cause a stir by that cryptic reveal, I think it is safe to say he has succeeded)
- harry said he had a crush on her before, i think alexa chung is his type.
- What I find odd, is that Harry at no point in that interview said he was dating nor had a girlfriend. He stated that he liked someone. I've liked plenty of people in the past and nothings come of it. It was a funny way to answer the are you single question. One of the first times he's ever not said an outright no. Maybe he is quietly dating someone but he never actually said that.
- I don't think he would have said anything if he wasn't at least sort of dating them. That's too much trouble to cause if you just have a crush.
- No, R176, he definitely didn't say he was dating. It is an odd answer. If true, maybe the interest is one-sided? Why bring it up then?
- At the risk of sounding like a tumblr fangirl, I think what he described sounds notoriously like Nick. And everything except for the "girl" part seems really ambiguous. I am bisexual myself and that's exactly what I would have said describing someone I like. I think Harry is a really smart kid. He knows what he's doing. Assuming that he is in any sort of relationship with Nick (and I'm not saying that he is, although I personally suspect this is the case), his statement is extremely convenient. He's taking care of the most relevant rumors about him at the moment; mentioning a girl denies any sort of gay relationship right now, and him seeming genuinely interested in someone takes care of the womanizing image. What I'm saying is that it's very coincidental that this interview comes out now.
- He's been asked so many times "what he looks for in a girl" or "what is his type" he always replies the same, he never mentions physical attributes (which i find weird because if i asked any male i knew that was his age a physical feature would definitely be listed) not saying that means anything but it's out of the ordinary for a boy his age.... I remember when he got asked it on the radio when he did the show with nick and he replied like he always does "someone with a good sense of humour etc etc" link if you haven't heard it.
also nick's laugh could be taken many different ways
- He said he likes a girl with a nice, flat stomach once and got a lot of crap for it.
- I wonder why Grimmy unfollowed Louis on twitter? He was the first 1D member he followed, strangely enough (at least according to his twitter chronology - unless he unfollowed and re-followed Harry at some point) but sometime in the last week he unfollowed him. He still follows Niall and Liam, and Harry of course. He's never followed Zayn.
- A story on Harry buying his mother a house has been pulled from the Express website. The article claimed that the reason for the purchase was to protect her and the family from crazed 1D fans, and the story appears to have been supplied by Harry's "best friend" Will Sweeney...
As Harry makes a point of never publicly complaining about their fans, I can't imagine him giving the go-ahead to an article like that, and this may be why it was pulled.
- NW3, that's interesting, this Will Sweeney seems to be talking a lot right now!
Thank you btw. for confirming that Nick did follow Louis and followed him first, because I saw that on his twitter a while back, but nobody else seemed able to confirm it. What do you mean with "twitter chronology?" Is there a way to check this?
R179, you could definitely be right. I hope you are anyway!
- Hi R184. By twitter chronology I meant the order people appear on his "following" list. So the last name on the list is the first person he followed (his sister, I think). I don't think there's a way to check exactly when people were followed or unfollowed, but I may be wrong...
Here's the rest of Harry's Cosmopolitan interview. I love his Marge Simpson drawing!
- Thanks, NW3! I thought there may be a way to check now, which would be interesting, but as long as you remember it the way I do, I'm good.
Great drawing, yes and it is interesting, that in this part of the interview, he said he was single, without any qualifiers. Of course it's not really a contradiction to the article since he never said he was dating, but stil...
- Well according to fangirl tweets at the time it had happened on or before 1st November.
I think the Good Morning/Afternoon tweets are related. If nothing else Nick posted the Afternoon Thurston tweet an hour before Harry came back with Good Morning Paris: hence the tweet asking why Harry was saying Good Morning when it was 3.30pm in Paris (and 2.30pm in UK).
- See, I always think when boy is asked to name (or in this case draw) his ideal women and they suggest someone completely random and away from an obvious choice, its a bit of a give a way they may not be entirely straight. I don't know what the rest of the boys said/drew but Marge Simpson? He could have drawn/said anyone who is considered hot in the celebrity world, even if he didn't mean it.
- R179, I don't think H was trying to describe N but I agree with the rest of your post.
I just don't think he would announce a real crush/relationship/gf to the press, particularly if he claims he would like It kept 'out of the spotlight' ? It makes no sense. (Even if he produced said gf, I'd struggle to believe in it right now)
I think the comments were probably made to throw people following all the Grimshaw gossip.
It's certainly worked on this thread.
- Yeah, L Girl, saying that he would want to start a relationship away from the spotlight by announcing to the media is bizarre unless it is intentionally misleading, for whatever reason.
- Grimmy has been voted the 8th most influential gay person in Britain! He and Harry would make a great power couple. :)
- That's great, R191. They absolutely would make a great power couple!
- Noticed that Henry Holland also made the list, that's brilliant!
- 192, And what another great gay power couple do you know? Please enlighten us!
- Where did I say "another," R194?
- [quote]No, [R176], he definitely didn't say he was dating. It is an odd answer. If true, maybe the interest is one-sided? Why bring it up then?
Because the 'Gay' has been getting close to the bone(r) lately? Because Twitter is awash with industry folks buzzing about 'Gryles' and some even tweeting the two directly to say 'ho ho, I know you're fucking' and even the press are hinting?
The 'my ideal women' is standard boyband shtick for the masses and what else are they gonna talk about to glossy Cosmo magazine, etc? We've had a round of ambiguous Harry, now it's the turn of straight Harry?
The group are about to embark on a major project and a world tour, they still have to been seen as mostly straight guys to attract the girls that pay for their music and concerts. It's not rocket science.
On the other hand, if you believe Harry is bisexual it perfectly fits in line with erm, Harry being bisexual. And liking ladies.
If you believe he is more on the blokey side of bisexual then it's the usual damage control and he's possibly protecting Nick or someone else. Maybe he's aware they've drawn attention to themselves and people are following them about.
I'm sure Harry will continue to make ambiguous statements one way or another whilst meeting up with Nick and other people in his life who are important. The main thing about him is he doesn't get defensive or explain himself. He just leaves people wondering. I guess he finds the right balance of mystery vs reveal.
I liked his comment about 'I'd be in a girl band' in another life. That could be a metaphor.
- Thanks for that, R196. My question about why he would bring it up was only related to it possibly being one-sided though (if it's true at all). I should have been clearer perhaps.
Other than that, I completely agree with you.
I definitely like the fact that Harry doesn't get defensive, and yeah the girlband answer was great.
- Btw, these Harry comments are all "in-print" comments which I'm automatically 'meh' about.
There's always too much emphasis placed on in-print comments as if people have actually sat down and said them word for word and they can't have been tweaked about.
I'm not trying to write his lifestory and he could like a girl, but Harry Styles Esq would have no probs introducing a girl to the world if so, or asking someone out he liked.
I would be saying this, or my team and the magazines editor's would be tweaking this about, if I or they wanted to sound desperately straight after a rash of Grimmy rumours and actual Ozzie articles saying 'hooray, a gay Harry Styles is fine by us!'.
I mean, we can't have that possibility now can we, despite that early on, he told everyone he could 'play double' and his Twitter has often resembled a Pride float in places.
Still, he's young and there's plenty of time. I think those people expecting him to come out soon will be disappointed by the way his press at least sounds.
I guess they may have got to him afterall. Shame. He could have been quite the trailblazer.
- I'm sorry, R197 should have been signed by R178, not R176.
- As a final point, I think you also have to take the comments of all the boys in the spirit of the article/magazine:
It's a boyband, the mag. content is aimed basically at young-middle aged females and tbh, what else are they going to say in these sorts of hetero-centric women's magazines but talk about women to a mag who've just given them an accolade?
- Sorry, but just noticed something else curious, as highlighted here (saved me doing it):
We (as is often usual) get a headline that doesn't actually match up with what's been "said" in the text.
It sounds as if he was pehaps talking in general and it's been changed to appear gender-specific. Hence why it reads so wackily. Because his train of thought and coherence is just all over the place otherwise, lol! It sounds as if he doesn't even know what he's trying to say. And how hard is it to enunciate you just like some girl you've been eyeing up? Not hard at all.
This is absolutely not a comment on his sexuality because only he knows, but I wouldn't be surprised if that thing is not a hack job.
I would hope they haven't obliterated his ambiguity because it's one of the things that makes him see colourful and refreshing.
- Liam's 'comment':
"Harry is actually quite secretive. He tells us some things, but others he keeps secret".
- [quote]I wouldn't be surprised if that thing is not a hack job.
*Is* a hack job.
- I thought that Liam quote was interesting as well, R202.
R201, yeah, it really sounds a bit disorganized...btw. we discussed the headline change a bit further back, if you want to check that out.
- I get the impression that he is a VERY secretive person, and in that industry, I don't blame him one bit. I wouldn't be surprised if the only people who know everything about him is his mum an maybe Gemma his sister. Although, even then they only might know half.
- I wonder if this actually has any bearing on image control at times?
In the sense of perceived threats to safety on tour from those looking for a cause celebre or cause to hate because of attention drawn?
Just a suggestion.
I'd assume pinch of salt with the Mirror but this is something that would definitely be an issue for all those with a high profile anyway.
I think Mexico is just not a very safe place.
- Really, 206? Don't get carried away. It's probably not true but if it is, it's because they've been badly mobbed in America and Mexico is dangerous. When they were last there they weren't allowed by their security to leave their hotel except for the concerts.
- I understand they get mobbed wherever they go, but are guns really necessary for teenage girls?
- Some gems from Twitter following the gun article. I expect some damage control from the 1D camp very soon :)
"one direction will be the death of me - literally"
Imagine u get shot and Niall runs over to you he touches your face he gets closer to you he whispers "...have u bought our album yet"
'I got this bullet wound for asking for an autograph.' 'That's nothing, I flashed my boobs and now I have 2 permanent bullets in my nipples'
During Moments, instead of holding up our phones, we should all just hold up guns and start shooting bullets into the sky.
"Shot me out of the sky" #quiteliterally
"They need to start selling 1D guns in Argos"
The 2 "Titanium" ones are my favourites:
"You shoot me down... but i get up..."
'I'm bullet proooooof nothing to looooose' *says a girl while running on stage*
- Zayn and Liam are being touchy feely lately during press/promos..is it because Harry and Louis don't want to whore the faux homoerotic playful bromance anymore? Management is prob aware that's how 1 direction got famous in the first place..union J is doing it so is District3 with their latest video.
new pics of Ziam in Sweden.
- As I said, I don't think the gun thing is true. It looks like Niall already told someone it's not.
- 211 - Zayn's touchy with all of them, especially Niall. Ziam has been a huge ship in fandom for a long time, though.
- The kids were recently on Spanish TV show "El Hormiguero" and I don't know if it's booze, drugs or the short expiration date of british men, but they looked like shit
- I just read an article in the mirror about Zayn saying he's protective of Harry.
“He is the baby of the group but people seem to forget that because of the way that he is and that he is so charming.
“So it is a little bit upsetting sometimes if you see him with the weight of the world on his shoulders. It does annoy us a bit. He’s a young kid and people are just giving him grief for no reason,”
and then I saw this vid where Zayn says that Harry's not a womanizer and he just seems so done with people judging Harry. Good that someone stands up for him.
- Fantastic to see Nick so high on the 2012 Pink List. Think Clare Balding should have been at number one though and if it weren't for the gay Olympians (amazing people) Nick would likely have come in even higher. I love that everyone who writes about him comments on how likeable he is.
- They are ALL touchy with each other. None of them are particularly more touchy with one than the other, they are all over each other like a rash. Its kinda nice to see boys being so close. But its why I've never bought shipping particular ones with each other, cos for every pic of Harry touching or 'heart-eyeing' Louis, there is one of Louis doing the exact same thing to Liam. The only people who are, in my opinion, a lot less touchy are Harry and Liam.
-  I see Louis looked over to Harry during the Halloween talk at the end and Harry goes bloody hell.
- I don't know how you can watch 1D ustream with Scott Mills and still ship Larry. Louis and Liam were practically in each other laps, their arms touching continuously and for more than 20 minutes they had their legs intertwined. They are very, very confortable with each other. Interesting for me was a moment at the begining when Liam's arm touched Harry, he immediatly moved closer to Louis. There are some tensions in the group, this is obvious.
- Not nick and harry but might interest some of you on here
- 219 - Yeah not to be a Larry shipper but did you see Louis face as "Pablo" real name Marco? put his hand on Harry's thigh at the end of their game? He looked a bit ehm...annoyed to be honest, but who knows.
- I'd never heard of this Will Beckman and had never seen or read a reference to him before this storyline appeared on the "Larry" tags. As usual, anything Larry must be taken with a pinch of salt. The post is meaningless without an individual link to each tweet. Larry fans are, sad to say, very well versed in the arts of forgery and invention.
- He is apparently just a fan, NW3, though he tweets or used to tweet back and forth with Louis, his best friend and his mother, I heard.
- R223 - that makes sense. I read several posts saying he was very close friends with both Harry and Louis, and others saying he was Harry's best friend. Nothing is ever as it's presented in Larry-land!
- NW3, indeed.
- I think those who say that William Beckman is a friend of Harry are confusing him with Will Sweeney of "White Eskimo". I used to read his twitter, and he was always quick to point out that he was just a fan - his interactions with 1D and their circle were mostly just on Twitter.
- Still wonder what he's referring to.
- They're all very close but naturally some of them are closer than others and I'm sure that changes a lot when they spend so much time together. Zayn is the touchiest and Harry is probably the least, although he's still pretty touchy. They're not all exactly even. Zayn and Louis are probably the closest and they've been very close since the beginning. So it's not stupid to read a little bit into how they act around each other.
- I'd say that Harry and Niall seem pretty close. Harry's been over to Irland without the other boys to visit Niall and his family. And Niall's father calls Harry now and then to check up with Niall and says that he can trust Harry to take care of Niall and so on...
- I think they're back in London? If some of the 1D update twitters are anything to go by.
- Yeah they're in London. Harry and Niall are close, too (and a really cute ship) but not as close as Zayn and Louis.
- is it wrong for me to say that I don't really like Louis anymore?
in interviews he's been rude lately and talked over the interviewer and just joked around with the others instead, with inside jokes and whatever. Harry on the other hand is always polite it seems like.
Like on the ustream thingy with Scott Mills. The others were loud and joked around with eachother while Harry instead joked around with Scott. I had to turn up the volume though because Harry speaks in a really quiet and soft voice while the other boys...not so much lol.
- Harry seemingly always takes the time to talk to others who are not in/with the band. As I've said before, not only is it polite and a great way for a person to be, a credit to his upbringing, but its also good business sense. Harry won't be short for contacts when this ends, contacts in many different industries.
- R232 Completely. I had exactly the same thoughts about the Scott Mills interview. I used to really like Louis and found him very funny, but I feel like his humour hasn't matured particularly and has become more brash.
But he does seem to get on well with interviewers - especially when he's on his own and calmer. But in the Scott Mills ustream he was pretty ridiculous.
- R232, R233 it really is lovely how Harry generally makes an effort to be polite and friendly and I really did notice it especially with Scott...how he was even discretely trying to draw his attention to what people behind the camera were trying to tell him. I wouldn't even have noticed if Scott hadn't pointed it out.
- Yeah yeah we get it, Harry's the only good one and he never does anything wrong. The band is popular because they're fun, not because of how well they get along with older people. Harry just doesn't know how to be one of the guys unless Louis is behind him. Maybe because he grew up around women who are older than him.
- I also don't like the way Louis has been acting around Harry in interviews, he's been very snappy at him and has interrupted him in the middle of talking and so on...
but yes Harry seems very polite. Like Fearne said when she visited Grimmy's show, she said something about meeting 1D backstage and the others just walked past her while Harry hugged her and asked her how she's been.
and there was that article with some model who said she'd met them and only Harry took the time to talk to her.
he's got a good head on his shoulders that boy :)
- We're saying that Louis is rude, not that we don't like how jokey and fun the band are. I love that. I just think that Louis takes it too far and forgets that it doesn't come across well when fans are watching something and can't understand half of what they are saying because it's an in-joke. Or because he's being stupidly loud over someone else who's saying something you want to hear.
Harry's politeness is just an added bonus!
- well the fans doesn't think that Louis is being rude...they think he's being 'sassy' ...eh
I'd say that there's a difference in being sassy as in funny and sassy as in plain rude.
I found Louis funny in the beginning but it's starting to get old.
sorry not sorry (:
- It might serve him well to be more fun because he sticks out and puts distance between himself and the rest, and fans are VERY invested in all of them being close. I thought interviews were more enjoyable when Harry misbehaved, anyway. Just my opinion.
- I think that Harry's plenty of fun. He just doesn't get the chance to show as much while being with the other boys cause' they kind take the front seat most of the time. It's when Harry's alone or for example when he's with Grimmy (Ladsfm radio takeover) that we get to see how funny he is.
- I'm only ever interested in what Harry or Niall (mainly Harry) has to say, so until they start splitting them up I have no choice but to avoid most 1D interviews, as I find Louis very irritating to listen to or watch, and have done so since they were on X Factor in 2010.
My favourite 1D interview of all time is the one with Harry and Niall in Dallas I think, where Harry talks about Tamworth. I love the two of them together: they bring out the best in each other and their interests and personalities work well together in interviews. When all 5 are interviewed Harry and Niall rarely get the chance to fully participate, which is a shame.
I ought to add that I'm not really a fan of 1D the band; I adore Harry and also like Niall, though not as much as H. I want them to do well for Harry and Niall's sake, but I'm somewhat indifferent to the "collective" that is 1D. And I only like Harry's voice, though I find Zayn's and Liam's tolerable.
- That's true, R241.
- Someone pointed out recently that Harry has been papped at the airport in Nick's jumpers on 3 separate trips. He was wearing one again in the Paris pics yesterday.
So 4 trips now. Is it only me who thinks that's interesting?
- I thought that black one looked familiar, L Girl. It's definitely interesting. Do you have photos or a link?
- What are the other three occasions?
Also, where has Nick been photoed in the black one?
Definitely interesting ...
- H wears the cable knit on the first trip to the states in jan & the May trip to the states he took on his own. He also wore the black jumper back from a European trip in May.
Those were the only ones I saw so I'm assuming those were the trips mentioned?
N wears the black jumper in a utube clip from R1 (the clip is a bit fuzzy but looks identical to me, & it's too big for H)
I'd say they're both N's jumpers.
- okay so option 1: Harry (who's a millionare) likes Grimmy's style so much that he steals his clothes when he goes on trips.
option 2: Harry takes something from Nick with him when he's away so he can wear it when he misses him.
option 3: they just like to swap clothes.
who knows but it's very interesting indeed.
- what's the link to the youtube clip?
- I know a lot I people don't see any relevance in the clothes sharing (& he might, of course, just find these jumpers particularly comfortable)
But four trips? I think it's interesting.
- I can't link but it's the one where he is singing karaoke on Moyles' show.
The clip is fuzzy but the neckline, shape, knit & colour are the same (& it swamps H)
- It's hard to tell, but it does look big on Harry in the pictures more than the typical 'oversized jumped' look.
The thick neckline looks the same though, but so many jumpers look the same these days.
- Harry had a black jacket and white T shirt on when he went to LA on his own in May (see below).
Just compared the black jumper from last night's France trip with Grimmy's in the video. It's hard to tell; black jumpers I imagine are closet staples for guys, and even if they turned out to be the same knit/neckline/thickness etc they could still be two different jumpers.
- Talking about the bands behaviour in interviews, as much as Harry is nice and polite and generally stands out with his professionalism, that's not always the case. And he does have a tendency, mostly in smaller interviews, to be quite moody and visibly disengaged.
In the recent interview linked below he mocked the interviewers appearance (her eyeliner), mid interview and right in front of her (2.28 mins), to the point she called him out as rude. For someone apparently so respectful, I found it pretty distasteful.
- He is wearing the cable knit at the other end in LAX.
Yes, black jumpers are quite generic but this one is quite unusual in its style and knit (it's a bit opaque)
And it's way too big for H.
I'm pretty sure it's the same one (but just my opinion)
- He's worn this one before.
- Harry's isn't very opaque? But who knows maybe nick was wearing a black t-shirt under it and you would never be able to tell.
- And in May ... why do we think this one is Nick's?
- The grey one is different from what he wore at the airport and the necklines on the black ones are different sizes imo, and he always wears loose jumpers.
- R254 She's interviewed them before, a year ago ... and I think she's jokingly calling him out for speaking while she's speaking. Either way, she's not actually annoyed or upset?! I think distasteful's being a bit over the top!
I'm not saying he's incredibly mature or so much better than Louis, just that Louis annoys me more in interviews. And interviewers get visibly irritated and tense with him, which you don't see with Harry, even if he is sometimes distant.
- Links, yes, that's the European trip I was referring to.
The jumper is opaque depending on what colour t shirt is worn underneath. He was wearing black in may and white yesterday where it looks very opaque.
Links, there is a pic of N wearing it on one if the late night show guest pics.
- There's a recent interview where the interviewer is attractive and Harry is very polite until the end when he, Zayn and Louis discretely joke about her probably being a good time. So yes he can be quite a boy but he's gotten good at keeping it under the radar.
- Vac, I'm not sure which grey one you are referring to but the two I've seen are identical?
The black ones look identical to me also but that's just my view.
- The black jumpers definitely have different cuffs, L Girl.
- Who's in the picture with him, where Nick's wearing the grey jumper? Just so it's easier to find.
Personally I think the black jumpers are actually different; Nick's looks like it might be more of a cashmere knit, whereas Harry's is quite thick and doesn't look as soft. Also, the neckline is thicker, Nick's looks more worn, I guess.
Could be wrong, but with things like black jumpers and black/white t-shirts, it's hard to tell.
- Links, he is with Spector. The colours look slightly different but I think that's just the different lighting (I've seen other pics of H where it's the same)
Re the black one, my clip is fuzzy. I think they're the same but will check it in better quality.
- This is the other grey sweater. Apparently it's Harry at the airport in May and Nick in July.
- Yeah pretty sure the grey one is the same, Harry rolled up the sleeves as it's a bit bigger... the black one thought i'm not.
- Links, yes Louis is annoying and unprofessional in interviews (much as I like him). I can't watch most interviews these days.
Harry was definitely mocking her eyeliner – he was sweeping his fingers up by his eyes - and whether she knew what he was doing ( I think she did) or not, I do personally find it very rude to comment negatively on someone's, and particularly a female interviewers, appearance. It's made worse by it being directly to her face and where you now have fans commenting how funny it was and that she looks ridiculous.
I think there's a tendency to hold Harry in higher regard as he seems more mature and I'm definitely guilty of this. It's definitely interesting to see his bitchy side and R262 his naughty side. For all the notions of him being a shit actor I think he's incredibly savvy.
- He wore it in January too.
- The grey jumpers have different knits and Harry's has details by the neckline. I linked a larger photo of Nick's. It's also a different color, more cream and less grey. And the black jumpers have completely different cuffs. Trying to match jumpers is fruitless because there are so many that are similar.
Clearly they wore the same one the day of the radio takeover.
- Vac, I can't see H's as dearly as N's but If you can, then fair enough.
They obviously have incredibly similar taste though!
- Pretty sure it is the same pattern at least. They are both a basic Aran running chain stitch, although with the light coming from one side in the airport it is picking up only half of the pattern clearly. This is Harry back in January in the same sweater. It is obviously too big for him.
- Make this full size, it looks very different. Different colors, knits, necklines, details in the armpit, Harry's is heavier. But yes they both dress fairly on trend. I'm sure 1D's stylist gives them a lot of everyday clothes as well, because if you look at style tumblrs they wear a ton of Topman, a lot of nice jumpers, and their styling is a big part of their success.
- Look at the details like the lines between the chains and how think they are, it's not the same jumper. Maybe I'm more detail-oriented than you lot because I'm a graphic designer.
- Here is a big pic of Harry's. They are different jumpers, look at the neckline compared with [R271]. REALLY similar though!
- When you find out who he's been talking to, you'll understand why he's been able to spend so much time with Grimmy, why being pictured with other girls is an issue, being at Lou's a lot, and the fact that Harry is really just a basic guy.
- 277- what do u mean?
- You'll see, when and if he decides to make it public.
- So this clothes sharing means that Harry and Grimmy live together? What do you think?
- 279- why cant u just say what u no if u no it?
280- I dont think they live together but I do think they spend a lot of time at each others houses
- Many people think the girl Harry likes is Savannah Phillips as Harry spent time with her in LA and she recently visited London, but really nothing points to them being more than friends. She's friends with Lou Teasdale and Tom Atkin and is also friends with Josh. People are guessing she was the reason he flew to LA in May and stayed there longer than the other boys in september.
R280 - Harry and Grimmy don't live together. Grimmy has a flat in Primrose Hill and his friend Aimee temporarily lives there with him. Harry has bought a house about 3 miles away in Hampstead.
- R277 = ooh, requisite shadowy/I-know-things-you-don't post of the day!
Trouble is, there's one of these everywhere, at all times and 9/10 nothing happens.
The only thing I know for definite is my own gut feel that the boy is not entirely what he is made out to be in magazines and that it is still a boyband we are dealing with, people can be anything behind an image, and that goes for all of them.
- Btw, r277, that wasn't meant disrespectfilly, just a lighthearted poke. We get these all the time.
- R283 Ditto!
So what girls are there? Sam Teasdale? Cara Delavigne? Aimee?!
Unless it's someone completely unknown, but in that case, I just think there would be one photo with this girl. If they've managed to completely hide it, congrats to them, because they've done an amazing job.
- Final word on Savannah Phillips - she flew into London the day Harry flew out to LA, which completely rules her out as dar as I'm concerned.
All the other boys have followed the same pattern when starting relationships - people saw Eleanor, Danielle, Perrie and now Amy with Louis, Liam, Zayn and Niall respectively before anything was confirmed. And none of the girls was famous, yet people started speculating based on how much time they seemed to spend together. If Harry has been spending time with someone like that I think it'd have been noticed by now... as has happened with Grimmy :)
Aiden Grimshaw tweeted some time ago that he'd just heard one of 1D was gay, and he was surprised as he'd of course lived with them during X Factor. Unrelated to that, why would so many media people perpertuate the H/N rumour if there was unequivocal evidence of Harry's heterosexuality?
I agree with R283 - my gut feeling remains that things are not the way they are presented, and Harry himself has a part to play in keeping up the desired image.
- R279, Is it Flack?
- Flack is close with both Grimmy and Lou teasdale?
- That wasn't Aiden it was Nicolo Testa, who also would have know through Nick. Harry already said he doesn't want to do things in public, and undoubtedly a witch hunt has already begun. He was LA looking at properties. I never claimed to know much.
- Come on, another endless Flack discution, I don't think I can take it!
- R291, sorry but she is the only one we know he has a history with and the only one I can think of with a connection to both Grimmy and the Teasdales?
My money has always been on the person being either Grimmy or her.
- She doesn't have a connection to Grimmy that I'm aware of
- 293- Nick and Flack are friends.
- I know, I didn't mean her.
- 295- who than?
- They mean the girl in question doesn't have a connection to Nick. In which case why will it make sense why he's been spending so much time with Nick and the Teasdales/Atkins?
- ok thanks for clearing that up Links!!!!
- Links, you say 'they'? Are we assuming that two people on here know this secret then?
R290, do you know what R279 claims to know?
Personally I'm sticking with my view he is with Flack or Grimmy.
As much as anonymous info posted on boards like this may be true, I personally place far more weight on info from named / verifiable sources such as all the tweets we see. There is comeback for them.
For example, I can't imagine the guy who claims to know one of their PA's who recently tweeted N&H were together and H 'didn't like the ladies' would make that up without some fear of legal action?
(unless these people are being encouraged to spread this stuff and I can't believe this as I'm sure a less damaging rumour would be chosen to spread if one needed to be)
- L Girl, I think Links said "they" because it wasn't clear if the poster was male or female? I may be wrong of course.
- Harry doesn't care if the public speculates about his sexuality, it's already shown to have no effect on his career.
- R301, This is a business. I don't think their managment would let gay rumours circulate on the basis that 'Harry doesn't mind'!?
- Sorry, none of them mind as long as it doesn't become omnipresent. Larry rumours have been with them from day 1 and look how popular they are.
- The Nick thing isn't very big really
- R301, irrelevant. My point is, I don't think the average person would put controversial rumours out there without fear of reprisal.
I also don't think their mgnt would deliberately spread a rumour involving H & a 28 yo man. Why take the risk?
- I guess
- The rumours with Grimmy started because they were seen everywhere together non stop. You cannot stop people from speaking in this situation.
- R306, you guess what?
Can you confirm if the person you are suggesting Harry is seeing is Caroline Flack?
- I can confirm it is not
- Oh and I don't know if he's seeing her so much as talking to her at this point.
- The rumours started before Grimmy and H were seen together.
The early rumours also cited sources (aquaintances of Nick, people who work in TV etc..) Someone saw them 'together' etc..
I also don't think people would state that it is 'definately true' 'confirmed' etc.. or continue to quote first hand sources if they were just repeating a vague rumour.
Just my view.
- I said "they" because of gender, as far as I know only one person is posting.
I'm sure they'll forgive me for being sceptical.
- Of course
- It's also noticeable that none of Nick's friends have Instagramed any photos with Harry in them since the rumours became more prevalent, and yet from other tweets he has seen them.
- Q- Is there a reason why you're signing some posts but not others?
- R310, If he is only 'talking' to a girl, why does this mean he is interested in her?
Also, why do these 'chats' mean he could spend so much time with Grimmy as you said in your original post?
I don't understand the connection?
- Don't tell me you are speaking about Taylor Swift!
- Exactly, why would only talking mean he's buying property nearby or why would he bring it up in an article and draw attention to it?
If it's only talking, why not tell us who it is or who you think it is?
- Not Taylor. Talking as in getting to know each other, liking each other but not quite dating. Seeing where it goes? That's really all that works right now.
- No 315, just carelessness
- So, R306 etc... do you generally post here or did you just join in to tell us about the girl, I'm just curios. I'd troll-dar other threads, but I'm too lazy.
Is the last thread not working for anyone else?
- Why does anyone think it involves buying property?
R319, can you explain why talking to this girl has enabled him to spend so much time with Grimmy?
Makes no sense?
Also, what's the connection to Lou teasdale.
And how do you explain people with links to Grimmy claiming he is the one with Harry?
It's very hard to believe you when you are being so vague?
- I'm sorry, I don't have that much information, I just know of a girl he likes and she's nice and hopefully something good will come of it. She's a pretty regular girl so he can talk about her when he's ready I think.
I would guess that rumours have to do with all the time they spend together and I think Nick tweeted a lot about Harry before they met? I honestly don't know much about them, so maybe there's more to that, but there's definitely a girl now.
I do post other threads once in a while but have not posted on this series of threads before. I got the information recently.
- Actually the last thread is working again.
- R323, how do you know you have been told the truth?
- R323, you still won't explain how 'talking' to a girl has enabled H to spend so much time with Nick
Why it means he is always with Lou Teasdale?
- Thank you for explaining, R323.
Can you at least tell us how you got the information and why you believe it?
The rumours about Nick and Harry came from numerous unconnected sources, which to me, makes them more believable, especially since they were not anonymous.
- L Girl - I guess you never quite know for sure. I have one degree of separation and this person would have no motivation to lie that I can think of. He shared the information because we were talking about other people who know them. He does not know Grimmy either, so it seems as though I'm coming at you from a different perspective and there may be additional information he doesn't know about, but knowing the situation, and having looked into it tonight, it seems unlikely. That's about all I know!
I have to run for now and I'm sorry to be vague! I felt like telling someone.
- R328, one last question, are you saying the Grimmy runours are 'unlikely' ?
- You'll see!
- L Girl - yes, at least currently. Bye!
- Sam Teasdale?
- The motivation the source may have to lie is to help combat the Grimmy rumours?
I'm not saying R331 is lying but I'm going to disregard them for the moment.
Until somone can come up with a plausible explanation that invalidates a years worth of N&G rumours coming from named industry people, quoting sources etc..I'm going with the view he is (or at least was) with Grimmy.
R331, is leaving too much unexplained and the timing is too convenient.
(Tbh, so long as he's not seeing Flack, I don't really care)
- I agree, L Girl. The motivation to come up with this story right now is there. I'm not saying it's the case either, but it's possible.
We simply have too many different statements confirming Harry and Nick being involved in some way, to completely dismiss them now because of an anonymous "tip" that doesn't even provide any details.
- It's also quite puzzling that they choose to share this information, which they have obviously been told by someone close to Harry, with a forum that comes pretty high up on a google search for "nick harry gay".
- See, the more I think about it, the more I think this girlfriend stuff is rubbish.
EVERY girl linked to Harry has been hounded by the press and fans alike.
If Harry was genuinely interested in a girl and only at the 'talking' stage tring to 'work out if it could work', would he REALLY announce this to the press?!?
It wasn't a slip up. he mentioned her twice, quite pointedly. He clearly wanted to get it out there.
announcing something like that to the press is like a red rag to a bull!
Why do that in relation to a new / unsure relationship
And then say, in the same statement, you want to keep it AWAY from the public?!
I could maybe beleive it if he was actually talking about an established / serious relationship that he wanted to get the public used to before finally going public with it.
But that contradicts what the 'mystery poster' from today is saying?
Finally, would he be thinking about starting a realtionshop just as he is about to gp on tour?
The only feasilble explanation for Harry's announcement in my mind is to get everyone talking about it (which we are)
And why would he want that?
Because at the moment, everyone is talking about him and Nick.
- Call be crazy, but I think the person Harry was talking about is Nick, and that they'll make their relationship public in a couple of months.
- Call you crazy! A boy 18 years old being ready to make public a gay relationship when he is at the peak of his career? I don't think I heard anything more stupid than this!
- Sorry, not going to happen r337. You crazy.
If it did though...that would be wonderful.
- I think they'll keep on with the 'don't-confirm-anything'. And at some point they just get caught while they're kissing or something. Is if they are together or involved in some way.
- Nice idea but I doubt it will ever happen.
At the end of the day, if Harry is gay/bi, just like every other boyband member over the last 20 years he will be made to appear straight. Achieved through the use of tabloid rumours and fake dates / relationships etc..
We should EXPECT to see gf rumours / dates etc.. NOT immeadiately interpret them as evidence he is straight.
With someone like Harry, the situation is more tricky as he is the most popular and by rights should be seen as single as well as straight.
Rumours of a secret gf are the perfect solution. He appears straight but there is nothing out there solid enough to worry the teens too much.
All i'm saying is if he gay or bi, I would expect to see dates / a gf at some stage. It wouldn't change my view that the Nick rumours are true. There is just too much out there.
We will only really know, 5 - 10 years down the line when he either comes out or settle down with a girl (even then he still may be bi and have been involved with Nick)
- I do think the possibility of there being footage outing Harry is actually pretty high. For as small a thing as Louis and Harry might never have been, they were all but outed in a bar.
Rightfully, he seems to be content being publicly "in" no matter what emotions contrary are pinned to him by spectators. This makes the probability of being outed scary. There are ways to be out or partially out, even in his situation, and he does not take them.
- He's very young and under a lot of pressure, I don't blame him. I wish it were different but I understand his reluctance, if he is in fact bi/gay.
- If he is Gay/Bi, I don't think we will know until the hype of Harry Styles dies down. I can see it now in years to come, him being on a 'piers morgan life stories' type show revealing things about himself that nobody knew.
As amazing as it would be if he did come out as gay/bi and in a relationship with Nick (if gossip is to believed) Syco/Simon would never allow it.
- I get the feeling that Harry is bi. Not straight, not gay.
Simply because he always answers the questions he gets with 'someone' instead of just saying girl/girls.
and in an interview with him and Niall the interviewer asked what's a turnoff for him and he answered with: "On a girl...a turnoff for me is spitting".
he never wants to gender specific his answers and that's quite clever of him because if/when he comes out he hasn't exactly lied.
- That argument still holds water if he is gay. Which I think he is. He can't just come out and say "I'm attracted to Roman noses on guys," can he? But he can say that he doesn't like features on girls and that he does like somethings about people. I think he's gay as a picnic (or a Pick Nick) basket.
- R290 - Indeed it was Nicolo, not Aiden. But my point remains - if there was clear evidence of H being straight I'd expect a quick dismissal from people like that, not "well, I never" type responses. Harry is not the first famous male to regularly hang out with another man - after all that's why the term "bromance" was coined :)
- I don't belive there is anything to this 'mystery girl' rumour but the poster who seems to think there is could have been hinting at Sam teasdaale as mentioned by someone further up.
She is the only person I can think of that would connect Grimmy and Lou Teasdale.
I can also imagine she would be the sort of person that might pretend date Harry if he needed that a favour being that the Teasdales are so close to Harry.
- Think one direction are performing on the x factor on Sunday, I won't be surprised if Grimmy goes along too. He may just make a meal out of it and be on the xtra factor panel though, as Flack has been asking him for a while! Would be the convenient thing to do!
- You guys realise that this speculation will go on for many years to come, right? And odds are that he is straight or will end settling with a woman either way. Just thinking about the hours wasted going on about Robbie Williams....hell, I could have got a hobby, taken a class, done shit with those wasted hours. Dont be like me kids. Dont be like me.
- R349 - Their performance was pre-recorded last week. They are off to America sometime this week.
- R351 Oh I didn't know that, thanks!
- [quote]L Girl - I guess you never quite know for sure. I have one degree of separation and this person would have no motivation to lie that I can think of. He shared the information because we were talking about other people who know them. He does not know Grimmy either, so it seems as though I'm coming at you from a different perspective and there may be additional information he doesn't know about, but knowing the situation, and having looked into it tonight, it seems unlikely. That's about all I know!
Yeah but the trouble with this is every man and his dog has a tale like this.
Your story, for all it may be as valid as anything else we've heard, comes smack bang off a Cosmopolitan item saying the same off a ton of Grimshaw rumours and sightings.
It's just too convinient, and to turn up here.
Sorry. I think you've been sent. This is too well-timed for me.
- If these threads go down, someone's been sent. It's happened here before discussing sensitive matters.
- R354 If that were to happen, it would be confirmation enough for me.
- Also, if this person 'doesn't know Grimmy' then how can s/he know what goes on with Grimmy? But as said this all seems very precision timed to me, alongside that article, which is just clumsily written.
You may be genuine. You may be on/semi on a grapevine or you may be a scout, sent out to spread ripples. I keep an open mind. But if your person doesn't know Grimmy I don't see how they can have anything other than a one-sided picture.
The other thing I came here to say was that I won't be speculating on this any longer. I'm neglecting my life!
For me Harry Styles is a really nice young guy, a good guy. I believe he is bi at the very least and perhaps in/was in some kind of relationship with Nick Grimshaw, perhaps also Louis at one time. I personally believe the claims that say his people work hard to cover his same sex leanings up because it ties in with all the older rumours the Canadian boy, the bloggers, the industry folks who saw and were told things way back at the height of the Flack thing. And it ties in with elements of Harry's persona that I think would be hard to fake, and frankly unnecessary.
But there's too many games being played and I get the sense this will continue as public peek a boo until One Direction are finished, with internet forums being used to begin new rumours or spread constant back and forth ripples.
Bottom line, fwiw, I wish Harry luck be he straight bi or gay and if he is either of the latter 2, I hope he is able to live his life as he chooses someday without the need for all this constant bullshit.
Which I am now removing myself from.
- Likewise, r355. The other series of related threads saw one removed which makes me think that at one time there was something going on there too.
- While we're on the subject, most of my posts on the earlier H/N threads have been deleted and replaced with gobbledygook. Didn't realise my ramblings were that contentious!
- R356, Before you leave, and I understand your decision completely, could you tell me what you mean by "the Canadian boy" etc...or at least point me in the right direction, please?
- What do you mean, your posts have been replaced? Can you give an example?
- How odd, NW3! I read in one or two earlier and remember seeing random, out-of-place posts!
- do we know where Harry was the days before the radio one teen awards? or who he was with? because this just turned up and looks one or two days old?
- As an example comments 118 through to 120 seem a little out of place. Although 120 is charming in it's own way.
- R356, the frustrating thing is that plenty of people in the media are confirming this. You just don't know how much you can believe them.
I don't know anyone personally who would know but I know people who do know people in the know. The problem is trying to persuade them
to ask the question.
Someone I know who has DM contacts was too embarrassed to ask. Someone else who knows an editor of a big celeb title will ask but only if 'it's appropriate to bring it up"
Anyway, I'm trying.
- That's been happening everywhere on DL lately, r363. Nothing personal, just a glitch!
- R362, I think that photo is from last year's teen awards...unfortunately.
- That was the 2011 teen awards.
The Canadian boy thing is a young gay guy met 1D & claims to know of an episode involving H that implies he likes guys. He has mentioned it on and off since March (seems genuine)
- L Girl, thanks for explaining the Canadian boy thing.
- r359- Ah yes, the Canadian boy was a gay guy who seemed to have known Harry during/soon after X-Factor and potentially had some sort of fling with H or more likely just knowledge of his sexuality. This was a little known thing that was discovered by a few more people after some sort of tweet exchange where the Canadian was very concerned he'd said something about Harry he shouldn't have. I think H's account was following him at the time. It was innocent enough, no use of @ to link the tweet to H's account, no mention of his name either if I remember right. It was supposed to be a major proof of H's persuasion.
I could be conflating a few different occurrences here. At one point the gay rumors around Harry moved so fast that every few hours there was a new and huge revelation on tumblr from twitter sleuths, someone who knew a school friend, or whatever. If you missed a day, you missed a lifetime. There would be accounts who were offline for a day and asked for the previous days happenings and people would submit full pages of details. Of course this was when Larry was at a fever pitch. A Harry Styles historian is in order I guess.
- Wow, R369, thank you. I am pretty new to all this, and haven't heard most of these stories. I would love a Harry Styles historian to fill me in:)!
- Alas, my long post was not needed. L Girl summarized the Canadian boy's involvement nicely.
- I appreciate both your answers, L Girl and R354/R371!
I didn't know there were many such stories, so you definitely added to my knowledge!
- You are welcome. Probably the best kept secret is that Harry has a taller, better looking twin brother. Pictured here.
- Sometimes their mom dresses them all matchy.
- They love each other.
- Harry and Edward on a couch.
- Hahahaha, R373, R374!
- I have never heard of these gaystories about Harry. Can someone please fill me in or link to some tumblrpost?
- In between the inordinate amount of Louis and Harry dish there were stories of H's sexual proclivity, H being a pass-around boy at parties, the Canadian boy, a decent number of Grimshaw mentions (some with request "H is just his type" amendems), someone who saw H at a club friendly with a guy as if nobody would know who he was, and they go on and on. Each as reliable as the next, but all making up a narrative that says H likes the d. Some are detailed in the Ass of Louis threads parts 1-7 here.
To be balanced, one seemingly knowledgeable poster went on about how Harry had rough sex with female fans and grabbed their boobs.
- Interesting, R379. Thanks again. That does sound like a lot of "evidence", if contributed by different people etc...
I might just have to go through these threads in detail. I've only ever skimmed them pretty much.
- [quote]some with request "H is just his type" amendems
request should = requisite. Autocorrect maybe?
- Louis with a guy pt1
- Louis with same guy pt2
- 382 & 383 - totally and utterly platonic hug to a friend hello or goodbye while drunk.
- Bizarre that my posts in an earlier thread have been changed!! I don't even know anything!
- woahhhhhh I was away a day! these threads move so fast. just here to say categorically Sam Teasdale is NOT the 'girl' in question. She has a family-like relationship with Harry it would be too weird, plus I'm pretty sure she's dating someone. And as a final thought her type is a dirty rocker, not a pretty young guy like Harry.
- That second photo is of Louis with Zayn's best friend and I think another friend. Very straight.
- Agree. I always assumed he was close to the Teasdales because of their shared hipster-ish tendencies and because I remember reading somewhere that Harry was the godfather of Lou Teasdale's daughter. There's tons of (extremely adorable) pictures of him with the baby. I see them as kind of an adoptive family for Harry more than anything. Which only shows how unique his personal relationships are. What regular 18 year old international popstar divides his free time between a one year old baby and a 28 year old gay man? I guess that's why I like Harry. I kind of get the feeling that he's a complete weirdo who's just very limited by his circumstances and forced to keep a lot of his personality hidden.
- @R388 I feel that way to.
- IF the N&H rumours are true (I might be wrong but I believe they are) I wouldn't be surprised if H does starts publicly 'dating' somone soon.
The openness & timing of the Cosmo comments suggest something quite deliberate imo (similar to the public flirting and mentions between H&Flack prior to their 'fling')
1D are currently doing individual interviews with Now magazine. If H makes another reference to this girl in his, then to me, it will look like a public 'relationship' is being set up?
Despite the Flack affair and the numerous womanising stories, the Grimmy/gay industry gossip has steadily increased. Not to mention the start of V suggestive pieces in the DM and Heat etc..
The appearance of a 'gf' seems the obvious next step.
It will be interesting to see how this pans out.
- And it would enable H to openly spend time with N which he doesn't seem to be doing right now.
- H is incredibly busy, working long hours every day. They're flying to LA tomorrow or Wednesday. He won't have time for Nick regardless.
- Oh, stop being such a buzzkill, R392. We get it.
- I don't think so, but alright.
- So are 1D in the UK at the moment? On a mini break or still promoting?
- US tomorrow until Wednesday or Thursday
- Can someone create a new One Direction thread? i would like to discuss their new album Take Me Home.
(Sounds quite good, better than their first)
- Here you are, r397:
- The 1D lads returned from France on saturday night (via private jet, natch) and had sunday and monday off. They've all been MIA since saturday night, although Louis was spotted at an Ed Sheeran concert in Doncaster last night. I don't think Harry has been seen anywhere since they got back, which is unusual...
(A reminder that it's election day in America - this site may get really busy later)
- Grimmy starts his show with BEP's I've got a feeling. US election night song? Aimee is an Obama supporter and campaigner, so this night will be a really tense one chez Nick.
- I agree, R388. He really does have some interesting connections.
- I am working the election polls tomorrow... 15 hour day... its going to be a long day...
- Apparently Harry has had a pregnancy scare ...
It's in OK I haven't managed to get a copy yet!
- Links, they're most likely rehashing the quote he made two years ago about his first time.
Magazines do this all the time when short of original material.
- Was it with his friend's mum? This story is about him sleeping with his friend's mum and having a pregnancy scare.
Basically, it's in a magazine but not the OK out at the moment.
- Holy oedipus complex!
- Links, have you actually seen this article or just been told of it?
If a story like this had been published in a high profile magazine it would be all over the place by now?
- A friend of mine saw it on the cover of a magazine on the train, but I haven't seen it myself. I agree completely, surely it would be everywhere? Also weird if it's in OK it's not really the first for that kind of gossip. So definitely wait to see if it comes out tomorrow; there's a chance she had an advance copy for whatever reason. But my friend may have misread or not seen the proper story. I assumed I'd be able to pick it up and read it, which is why I posted, but that's not the case so definitely don't take this as fact right now. Could easily have been a misleading headline.
- OK is a very reverential magazine. It doesn't usually print exposes. Given Harry's reputation, this story would be huge.
The majority of the weeklies are published today. Assuming your friend saw this week's issue, it should be easy to check.
I would assume it's nothing though and is most likely referencing the 'first time' story.
- Theres a different story online about Caroline loosing her phone and Harry's number and photos are on it.
- R410, The Sun have no idea what's on her phone or if there are there are pictures of Harry on it.
Just the usual speculation.
- Looks like it was a misleading headline earlier; not sure what the mother involvement is, but it's just Harry saying you should always use a condom and that he had a scare his first time or something, as L Girl suspected. Kind of releived to be honest!
- NW3, I would like to think Haz being MIA is due to him socialising with Grimmy under the radar before he jets off to LA...
- New tweet...
Alex Wheeler @AlexWheelerBass
I've heard down the grapevinr apparently that Harry Styles and Nick Grimshaw are in a relationship. Explains why they wear the same clothes
- R413 That's what I like to think, I really wouldn't be surprised.
- Well Nick went to Sadie Frost's for bonfire night last night ... No evidence to suggest Harry was there. Although he could well have been and just not been in the pictures or sort-of mentioned.
- They always used to hide the time they spent together. They are probably doing it more than ever now.
Nick often talked about his plans never mentioning Harry. People only found out when they were caught out and about.
Much easier not to get caught out when you are around your mate's houses.
And, Harry hasn't been seen out anywhere else during the last few days.....
- What does MIA mean please?
- Missing in action.
- Ah right thanks
- I wouldn't be suprised if Harry's been "hiding" out at Grimmy's these past days since we haven't seen him out and about.
And we do know that the first thing Harry usually does when he comes home from a trip is to hang out with Nick and it's often also the last thing he does before going away somewhere...
Pretty understandable that they want to keep their "hangouts" from the public eye as much as possible because of the speculations and gossip going around town. They have to be more careful now.
I don't know if they're in a relationship or not but I'm sure they've had sex. Nick likes them young and pretty and Harry seems quite experimental.
Mabye it started out casual and grew into something more? I'm happy for both of them it that's the case.
- BBC R1 breakfast show was overtaken by A radio 4 showlast week.
I reackon the sudden hiding of Nick and Harry's relationship could be as much to do with the performance of Nick's show as anything else.
He was roundly critised for his obsession with Harry and ID.
- According to someone on Twitter, Harry was apparently spotted in Primrose Hill today?
- the pregnancy scare story is slowly making its way around the magazines and gossip sites... just saw it published on digital spy.
- 422 - The radio figures are for the last few of months of Chris Moyles's show. The figures for Nick won't be out until January.
- So, why are they repeating an old story, I wonder and why has no magazine etc...gone with his comments about "liking a girl" from Cosmo? They usually waste no time writing about anything that makes him look straight!
- They rarely if ever repeat stories that are not online due to laziness I would guess.
- Maybe, but I somehow doubt it. It's not a long article and there was great deal of reaction to it...you'd think they'd capitalize on that. I'm glad they didn't to be honest, but I'm just surprised.
- Well to be fair, recycling a story about a pregnancy scare and something about him sleeping with someone's mom is an explosion of straightness. But again, extremely convenient.
- The tweet about Harry being in Primrose Hill today mentioned above.
- Yeh, that's the tweet. She also later tweeted Harry directly saying she saw him today so it's prob true.
I really don't think anyone would deliberately avoid speading the cosmo comments. There is no reason for them to. The spead any runour about Harry that they can to get hits.
They probably just haven't seen it.
- Did this girl not later say she saw him whilst "walking" to the airport?
- She never said that, at least not on her twitter account.
- I must have misread it, don't worry!
- A person commented on the most recent Harry Daily fail article that the whole OK article was probably a PR exercise to combat all the Grimmy rumours and to hide his true, less marketable sexuality. They thought it seemed odd to have a whole article on just him. I didn't read the OK article but I wouldn't be surprised.
- Well, the article was a mess of old quotes from what I've seen. I didn't read the whole thing either, but yeah, it does seem to be a bit of PR to combat the rumours as that person commented, R435.
- An article about Harry loosing his virginity was used during a discussion on Loose Woman on ITV1 this afternoon apparently. Only saw the pic of H myself. Missed what was said.
- There's an article on the daily mail about Harry's tattoos and there's a quote about his 'things i can' 'things i can't' tattoo:
"He also declined to divulge what the tattoos actually meant, but his band mate Niall Horan quickly said: 'It’s a London thing.'
Wonder what that means?
My interpretation of those tattoos was what harry is free do and what he can't do due to being in the spotlight...
- THANK YOU!! R398
- 437 - Yeah. and also in the interview at the late late show the interviewer asked Harry if it's hard to go on dates and where he could date someone and Niall quickly said: "London".
and let's not forget how Harry used "someone" when asked if he wanted to meet a nice girl and Louis coughed not so subtly.
something fishy is going on but who knows what it is.
- Haha! Rita Ora's tweet after she found a Harry doll in her dressing room before her O2 gig:
LOL look who I found in my dressing room @Harry_Styles I CAN'T BREATHE! @grimmers u did this didn't you! #missuboth
- Rita ora's tweet was cute "#missuboth" ... i've noticed people who are friends with grimmy always seem to involve Harry is some type of way, for example i follow one of grimmy's close friends on instagram and a few weeks back she posted a picture of them both (it was from the radio show they together) with the caption "i love these #ladz" almost as if they come as a pair? If that makes at all sense...
- I find it interesting that girls who actually know him and have spent some time with him seem to view him as a good friend and nothing more. Also, that Rita refers to them as a duo almost ... ? That's maybe stretching it though.
Nick played WMYB on the show today, which is sweet.
- Snap, R442! Which friend do you follow?
- Links - Her username is emilyannsonnet... Aimee Phillips also liked the picture!
- It really is a sweet tweet and I love that they seem to be seen as a pair!
- Looks like she was his dog sitter 3 weeks ago, R445 ... Sadly looks like Aimee coming to stay (with Thurston) meant he couldn't keep the dog. Must have been a shame for him.
I think he's obviously gets on well with Nick's group of friends, it's good to see.
- About Niall and his London comments, frankly at this point I think Harry and Nick are together and Niall knows about about it. That whole conversation on the Breakfast Show about Nick wanting to go to all of their UK shows or something, and Niall going "to be fair, you probably will be there" and the way there was a short silence and then Nick tried to make a joke out of that, to me, kind of gave it away. You could hear Niall being deliberately cheeky.
- So it seems that the press have found the Cosmo article BUT they are all missing out the two bits where Harry says he likes a girl?!? That is SO odd? They did it with the Caroline hooking up rumours the other day which might make sense. If these writes know and like Harry they might not want to spread rumours he might want kept quiet. BUT, he himself talked twice about this girl in Cosmo so obviously wants people to know right? So why would the press not want to mention it?
- Although a couple liek Sugarscape are now mentioning it.
Most haven't mentioned it though. Weird though don't you think?
- An article repeating the Cosmo article; not especially interesting in itself until you look at the photograph they used at the bottom of the page. I wonder why they thought that was the most relevant...
- Ha ha look who's lurking in the back of the photo.f
- So Harry has gotten ANOTHER tattoo.. I have to say this is my favourite out of all his tattoos.. he also has a black filled in heart by his shoulder which i haven't seen before.
- R453 Oh god that's hideous.
Someone needs to tell Harry (and Zayn) to STOP with the tattoos.
- It's a matter of taste, R454. If they like them who cares?!
Grimmy replied to Rita's tweet. Called the "Susan Boyle" doll sexy.
- So Taylor Swift has suddenly turned up in an identical necklace to Haz. And wore it as obviously as she possibly could. The moment Beiber announced to the press his 'famous friend' had a crush on Harry,this was obvious PR. I'll laugh if these two start pretend dating.
They may as well just stick Harry in a shirt with "I'm Gay" printed on the front...
- So true, R456. It would be absolutely hilarious and blatant PR.
- The whole necklace thing is completely bizarre! He's been wearing it for a year or so? Before he met her, in any case. The whole thing seems so obviously orchestrated. They knew Harry's fans would recognise the necklace instantly (many have bought their own copies) and it's quite an unusual design. As in not a pendant or something plain/generic, which you could pass off as coincidence.
No doubt Harry sent her some apologetic text messages and she forgave all, ditched the other bloke and came running ...
I like the new swallow tattoos. Anyone else think they're not matching? One seems bigger and more decorative than the other. Looks like he's got more on his shoulder, but no close ups. Just a huge black heart like Zayn's one. It looked like he had "love" written on script on his chest on the Scott Mills stream as well. It's impossible to keep up.
Don't seem to be any more (credible) tweets or anything though. And no rogue pictures surfacing.
- Well, it seems he covered up the love tattoo with the sparrow or swallow or whatever it is, Links. The birds are different, yes. Some are suggesting they could represent his mother and sister.
- Tweets will automatically decrease as the gossip spreads. It ceases to be 'news' after a while.
I've seen enough to be convinced personally. The last tweet, referencing the PA seeme particularly legit. He also implied H was gay. An unlikely thing to makeup given H's press rep.
- Yeah, L Girl, for some reason that guy convinced me completely as well.
- Were you being sarcastic Links or do you really think they were/are together?
There certainly seems to be a PR misson going with Harry. What with Harry and Nick suddenly avoiding public outings, like literally overnight!
The Ok article, the 'I like a girl' comments which are now everywhere, which I'm sure was intended. And Now the taylor stuff? This may be just one of many diversionary tactics and may stop at the necklace thing or may turn into a full blown showmance.
Whatever, all of this of the back of mounting media gossip, tweets and press speculation about Nick AND all just as an album release and US tour around the corner.
can't be anything but PR. They had to do something.
About the tattoos. A gay lad tweeted that Haz'z now had every gay tattoo in the book. He even siad he had only ever seen swallows in gay porn LOL
- And the Swift thing?
I know I banged on about H wearing Flacks necklace & how this was some sort of 'evidence' but here, it's just too obvious.
The whole Swift/Styles thing always seemed fake, the necklace stunt just confirms that.
- It definitely smells of PR, R462.
As for the tattoos...do the swallows really also have a gay association? I had not heard that interpretation.
- Regardless of whether they're a couple or not I really miss seeing them hanging out together. :(
It's a shame they feel the need to hide their interactions now, though I understand why.
- I expect the press speculation was the turning point. Tweets, even when they are from the industry were probably tolerable. You have to search for them and it isn't instantly obvious that they are media or showbiz people.
But when magazines and papers with massive readership like Heat magazine and the Daily Mail start writing articles with obvious hints 'Are they living together' 'Do they like each other's smell?' or my favourite...'raiding each other's CLOSETS' etc etc..I guess it was time to be less obvious.
I mean, even The Guardian was getting on in the act.
- R462 I was being sarcastic, don't worry. Looking at it properly, you'd be mad to believe it; they've barely had any interaction, the necklace stunt is ridiculously obvious (as L Girl pointed out; it's less subtle than the references to Flack wearing the same one); and all of this on the back of mounting speculation and growing suspicions from people NOT involved in the 1D fandom, who they definitely don't want believing any of it.
It's a real shame that it's meant they can't be seen together (if this is the case; I'll always be fairly reluctant to call it case closed unless something completely concrete shows up). Although I would say I'm fairly certain this seems to be what's happened; the media started to push it, but if you ask me it's fairly clear there were insinuations they almost certainly would have printed if allowed.
After all, if all that's happened between Taylor and Harry can mean they're dating; why the hell did no one make this point about him and Nick?
I have to say, I didn't know the swallows had a gay association? The star I had heard; although I'm sure someone pointed out that it's really a nautical star that has that association. His mum and sister could be the answer; although that means he has a lot of body art dedicated to them.
Also, if you look at the current Yearbook pages floating about, both Harry AND Louis make jokey references to the rumours about themselves. On pages where they have to say things that remind them of each other or describe them, Harry writes on Louis's "the rumours!!" And Louis writes "Hi!". Hi! Has been brought up also in the Scott Mills interview where Louis says something about it, laughing; if he did write it (which he could have done, the writing is similar) I don't think it means anything deep and romantic.
- R466 The Guardian article was written by Nick's friend, weirdly. Agree about the papers/magazines with big readerships; too many people start asking questions (see the DM comments, after all).
- I agree with Links, it's not 'case closed' without some sort of formal admission or first hand confirmation (which I'm still trying to get btw) However, I'm as certain as one can be (without said confirmation) that these rumours are true.
- The volume, nature and timings of the 'rumours' is such that they can't be excused as a misunderstanding or fabrication.
- There is absolutely no motivation for said fabrication.
- There is very obvious motivation for those involved (& their representation) to disseminate information that discredits the rumours.
That would be my very simple take on the situation anyway.
- Apparently Harry's necklace chain broke or something in an interview a few days ago and that is why he isn't wearing it. You can't tell exactly in the video at this link, but it seems to be true. An odd coincidence...
- Just saw this screenshot from a Swedish interview on Tumblr where the boys had to read out their most recent text messages. Larry shippers think its Louis as Harry's screensaver, but could it be N?
- R470, Whether it's harrys actual necklace or a matching one, it's irrelevant. They purposely trying to advertise a connection between the two. It's fake.
- Can't imagine he'd be so stupid as to have a secret lover as his screensaver?
- Oh, I know it's fake, R472. It's just amusing that they can't even fake things without things like chance ruining them for them somewhat, haha.
- R474, Very true!
- Maybe not R473 but if you watch the full vid he wasn't exactly that with it for the whole conversation and he wasn't expecting the question. Sneaky fangirls also managed to work out his passcode for the phone!
- N16, Those fangirls are certainly resourseful!
It does look like a bloke?
- It does, R477. I'd love it if that was his background but some have suggested it might just be album art in his music section or something.
- I wondered the same thing, N16 ... looking up close on YouTube, it's still hard to tell. It could really be anyone - but it's almost definitely a male. I don't think he expected to have his background zoomed in on - nor his messages, which the camera tried its hardest to focus on!
Are they on Ellen tonight/this afternoon or whenever her show is?
- R478 Unless he made album art his background specifically, iPhones only show album art when the music is playing.
- Here's a fun analysis on the background pic. Whoever it is, it does look like a guy.
- Links, interesting, thanks. I don't know much about them.
Now I'm curious again.
- Btw. the photos in this tweet show the same pendant hanging in different directions...that shouldn't be possible if it were the same one, since there seems to be only one hook? I'm not sure.
- R481 What they've failed to pick up on, in the last section where they circle the light, is that the hair isn't right, as there's no quiff. Also, the set of the shoulders is too high and the tilt of the head is the wrong way. The left side of the screen is in contrast too dark, in comparison to the picture of Louis, where the difference in shade of colour is quite minimal. Also, the darker shade (supposedly the mirror/wall) doesn't go behind his head, as it does in the picture of Louis.
Once the screen lights up (i.e. when he puts his passcode in) you can see that the contrast on the picture is quite stark; possibly black and white, or someone in front of a very white wall with something black/a dark shadow to the side.
- Hmmm don't think it's Louis but it certainly could be, or Nick, or any of the other boys tbh. My current screensaver is my best friend and I'm defs not dating her! Would be nice if it was Nick though.
On another note the guy he got the text from is Cal Aurand - the guy he stayed with in LA and the friend he got the Greenbay tattoo for. This kid has such an affinity for older people! Harry is definitely an old soul - he makes One Direction interesting for sure. And yes I like the other 4 boys too. God I came to this forum as a Nick Grimshaw fan and I'd barely heard of them now I'm a bit 1D obsessed! Sad or what?!
It's Caroline Flack's birthday today - Nick will be out for that so we might get some pics of him tomorrow
- R483 Not if he got a new chain put through it haha.
Hers is much longer?
Also, I think that blue pendant he wears means more; he doesn't always wear the paper aeroplane these days, but he's rarely without the blue pendant.
- Links, I was thinking the same thing about the tilt of the head as well as the top of the photo.
N16, I love that about him too and he does make One direction interesting, I agree.
- Links, but the hook the chain goes through on the pendant itself would have to be redone too.
- Well it certainly doesn't have the same background as that one of Louis. Given that it's on Harry's phone isn't it more likely it's a photograph he has taken himself?
- Links, I don't think it's actually that picture of Louis, that's why I thought it was just a fun analysis. But it is a good post for being able to really look at the pics.
You have tumblr quality analytical skills lol!
- R488 True, but I was joking anyway, I highly doubt it's Harry's necklace. Taylor probably bought it herself.
Sorry, I'm not a fan of her or her music. If Harry was dating her I'd be highly disappointed!
N16 - Yeah, I noticed it was Cal! I think it's great he hangs out with older people and they actually seem to like him and want him around.
I do like the rest (it starts with Harry and then suddenly you like them all, it's quite troubling), though after Harry, I'd say Niall interests me the most. He's almost as enigmatic about his private life as the elusive Zayn; and his love-life is just as shrouded in mystery as Harry's.
I wonder if they'll go to Groucho ... seems to be the haunt of choice these days. No doubt the DM will publish something tacky about one or the other of them missing Harry?
How long has Nick known Caroline, out of interest? I'd never heard of her before Xtra (apparently she used to do kids TV, but she must have been after my time - and elsewhere, I heard she was a late-night poker/gambling host?), but she seems to have made her way into his group of friends and made as if she's always been there. I think it's quite clear that they're not AS close as the 1D/Grimmy fangirls would like to make out (one and all massive fans of "Haroline").
- R490 ... should I take that as a compliment?! Probably not!
I realised I probably sounded aggressively correcting after I'd posted that, and it wasn't against you in any way, I know you just posted it for a bit of fun! I just get quite annoyed at these girls/boys, who immediately assume things without looking at it objectively.
I would love for it to be Nick, for example, but the hair looks flatter than Nick's and the face quite dark and shadowy. It could really be anyone. It could be a friend from home; it could be Cal Aurand for all we know.
- Links, it was a complement, you weren't aggressive at all. I only posted that analysis as others had already brought it up.
I'm from the old Louis boards and I do quite miss the discussions we had (sad, I know!). Situations like this make me miss it more as a lot of tumblr has tunnel vision as you know and as I'm a huge sceptic it's nice to debate with others.
- Larry shippers are all oh so certain that Harry's backround is Louis,it's quite amusing!I don't think the person in the photo is Louis or Nick but it could be anyone,even someone else from the band! It doesn't mean anything but i'd still love to know who it is.
As i've been without internet for a while and i've missed what was previously discussed,have anyone mentioned the cosmo(?) article where harty says he likes a girl and wants to start a relationship with her?
- R494, Yup, we've discussed that in this thread somewhere...maybe 10 pages ago or something?
Links, haha, no problem, I'm not a fan of her music either. She seems okay personally, but nothing more than that really. I just wanted to make sure my logic was sound:).
- An additional thought,i don't think Louis could be his backround in terms of "he is my boyfriend" because let's face it anyone could see his lock screen even by mistake and jump into conclusions so if they were in a relationship and Louis had a beard to try and cover it all up i don't think Harry would just blatanly add Louis as his lock screen photo.
I hope my thoughts make sense since english isn't my first language.
- I posted here a few days ago about Harry and women, and I've read up a lot since then, and I think if they do a thing with Taylor I wouldn't call it a gay cover up. They have a new album coming out and Taylor is massive in America (her album went platinum in the first week) and they are very set on getting as big as they can there and making it last. Harry being connected, even vaguely, to someone as big as her right now will help with their star power and sales. But it's important that he still seems available to the fans he already has, so it won't become anything serious. That's just what I think.
- Anyhow, his background is clearly a guy and that's definietly interesting.
- Any thoughts on Perez retweeting this tweet
- R499 Perez would like anything with the world gay in it,when he first started he kept making posts calling every single celebrity gay even people who were't until he took it too far and he had to be stopped.
What i am saying is i do not have any sort of respect for him but he is a massive gossiper so if Harry is gay/bi he obviously knows about it or at least have heard rumors!
- Another thing,is "Children In Need" anytime soon? Sorry but i'm pretty bad keeping up with events etc.
I read that it's next Friday and that 1D will perform while Nick will be presenting,deff something to look forward to if it's real!
- It is next Friday, R501. One Direction are performing and Nick is one of the hosts, yes.
- R501 Yes, but I don't think 1D are performing while Nick is presenting. The presenters do stints throughout the night. Or I think they do? I know they do for Red Nose Day, but I don't usually watch CiN.
Perez is a gossip whore, but would I be right in saying he hates a closet-case? And doesn't have much respect for outing-etiquette. All the same, as R500 says, it's likely he would know ...
Linked: Keith Lemon chats about Harry about half way through, with Nick. I have to say, Nick always seems fairly unphased by chats about Harry ... and laughs along with the Russel Brand/Natalie Imbruglia jokes. It's hard to tell whether Keith believes all of it though? He certainly bangs on about Harry being the second coming of Casanova every week.
I do like Keith Lemon, btw, and he IS cheeky and usually pushes boundaries a bit. So either he's pushing it for talking about Harry being a sex-machine; or he's pushing it because it's all bullshit.
- I am inclined to believe he pushes it because he knows it's rubbish.
As for Perez, yeah, he probably either knows or has a hunch at least.
- Oh i'd be disappointed if Nick isn't hosting while 1D perform,i love seeing some N/H interaction on camera!
I think he pushes it because he knows it's rubbish yeah,i agree with R504
- I watched a couple of 1D interviews today. One was Irish from a few weeks ago, the other the one with Harry looking at the text on his mobile showing the pic mentioned previously. In both the impression was given that they were able to date someone in London without anyone knowing because its a big place. i found that quite interesting that this was mentioned in both. I suppose they spend a fair amount of time in the capital but all the same when Harry says he's single, bit strange maybe
- Just reading the Cosmo interview ... Harry's the only one who didn't asked who his man-crush was. Shame!
He scrubbed out who the sexiest woman he's ever kissed is.
And drawn Marge Simpson as his ideal woman.
(I know we've discussed this before, but for anyone who missed it or wanted a little summary ... times are hard.)
- R505/R504 Yeah, I tend to think rubbish.
- Perez has outed more celebrities than anyone else around. At one point nobody would take his picture because he was generally abhorred for this practice. However, he's never wrong. Even those who he's outed that haven't come out are known to be gay by the right circles - ie Kevin Spacey. And he's had a fascination w boybanders...outing Lance Bass but not Robbie Williams (who isn't gay). If he really retweeted r500's tweet, it's signed sealed and delivered.
- He definitely retweeted it, R509. Check his timeline, it's from yesterday sometime, so not too far back.
- Links - I'd go with the rubbish angle as well especially when Keith says "and he tries to get off her" and Nick asks "who did? Chris did?" which would imply he knew Harry didn't.
Perez does at least know Nick. although probably not personally, so who knows maybe he views this as a more subtle approach.
According to the Radio Times (this week featuring the photo of Nick and Ken Bruce) 1D are performing around 7.30 and 10 and Nick starts at midnight, so they will be there backstage at least at the same time.
- If Perez did retweeted it i think things are getting tighter for Harry,if he is gay that is.I know Perez isn't the most respectable person around but this will deffinitely draw more attention and gossip,i won't be surprised if a "girlfriend" appears soon or if Harry keeps playing the "i'm single but liking a girl" card.
- Here is a screencap:
- That didn't work, I'm sorry. Another attempt:
- Perez and Nick do know each other fairly well. I don't think they're close pals or anything (I'd like to think Nick has better taste in friends than that) but they seem on good terms with each other. Perez used to regularly pop up on Nick & Annie's Sunday night show doing showbiz gossip and stuff. I think he could well know. Interesting that he RT'd that.
- Is it me or were there posts on this thread about Grimshaw possibly dating a model that have now disappeared?
- Maybe they were on the previous thread, R516?
- The Datalounge take on Taylor Swift.
- R518 I can never tell whether or not this is serious? I don't really know much about Jake Gyllenhaal, Lautner or Joe (?) Jonas ... I didn't even know she'd dated Jake!
Actually, I don't know anything about Taylor Swift, would be the more correct statement to make.
R516 Possibly in the last thread? I don't think they'd be deleted, neither party would be controversial.
- New tweet about half an hour ago. My phone won't let me link. Search full names of Nick and Harry in Twitter search it's tweeted by someone from London who works in tv.
"Is Harry still boning Nick"
- r520 - I just looked it up, and also found this:
- Wow, R520! Does the guy work for the same magazine that just had an interview with the band?
Here is the tweet anyway:
- And another tweet from the same guy:
- Thanks, R522.
Yeah, I'm really intrigued by this Wonderland magazine guy...the interview JUST appeared...very strange.
- Reactions keep coming in:
- Woah, online features editorial at Wonderland? They just did an interview with them.
- R524 He's Online, though - likely works on the blog and website content, so wouldn't be involved with the interview or anything like that. Or I assume wasn't in this case. Still, he'd obviously know about the interview coming out.
He's not rumour-mongering though. It's quite a short and blunt tweet (as is his reply to the 'controversial' comment) and he's not @mentioned anyone. He'd know people could find it, but there's just no visible payout for him from this?
All very strange.
- Exactly, Links! I'm really surprised!
- What i get from all these tweets is that N/H is nothing close to a secret anymore,if we believe that they are involved that is.
Personally the more tweets i see the more i believe it,all these people cannot be wrong nor have any reason to lie/spread false rumors,they must know things for a fact to talk so openly about it.
What makes me sad is how little we see N/H hanging out lately,sure they are both busy and H is away a lot for promo but something tells me they're being discreet about their meetings.
- Also if they are true then from the "it's cute" one it would appear they are an actual couple.
- The only explanation would be that it is orchestrated. That people are being asked/encouraged to tweet occasionally; or being asked to spread rumours to people who can't keep their mouths shut (i.e. some of the past tweeters, who have fairly insider jobs but aren't connected to 1D or close enough to the music PR industry for it to be serious or for it to bite them when it comes out as untrue - if it ever did). Similarly, these sources are going to be hard to find.
This guy is slightly different; especially as Wonderland is a respected culture magazine (up and coming) and he doesn't look like the type who'd be up for spreading rumours, even if he had heard from someone fairly reliable.
This is all guesswork; I don't know him at all, and I could be wrong. But from what I'm seeing on his account/blog and from what I know about Wonderland, it's unlikely he'd want to jeopardise his credibility.
Which leads us to R529 - it's either just not a secret and a case of everyone knowing, but just turning a blind eye and not mentioning it. Or it's a case of some HUGE conspiracy cover-up for God knows what. I can't imagine what they'd be covering up with a homosexual relationship with a man 10 years Harry's senior.
(Apart from Larry, of course ...)
On the other side, this Kevin guy seems to be saying he's either said too much, or given the wrong impression. Can't work it out. I'd link, but just watch his Twitter cos he keeps updating.
- Quick add on:
R530 Agreed! Not just FWB as has been suggested.
- Yeah, I agree as well, R530 and Links!
The Kevin guy probably feels like it was supposed to be a secret since he was told in a DM and now it's not so secret...
- The Shane Hawkins guy that tweeted asking if Harry and Nick r still boning is followed by LMC who works on Nicks show... that could be something?
- That's interesting, 1313!
- I don't think it's a cover up for anything it would be insane and damaging on both parts,if there is something then it's N/H being involved,clear as that.I also don't think that people are tweeting on purpose,i guess it's one of those cases where it started as a secret then something went wrong,maybe someone releaved too much? And now everyone seems to know and feel confident enough to talk about it.
Cover up for Larry or any other relationship in the band is just a huge no for me,H being gay and in a relationship with a 10 year guy his seniir is as damaging as him being involved with someone from the band in my opinion.Also see how N/H behaviour has changed since more people started talking and after those shared clothes articles? They've became more careful about their meetings.
I also don't think it's a cover up for Harry and any female,Harry is seen as a womanizer by the public eye and the majority of fans,finding out he is gay would be way more shocking than him being in a relationship with a female.
- The fact that they haven't been seen together in weeks, only makes is it more suspicious. They stopped hanging out in public when those articles about them sharing clothes and spending time together started popping out, and when interviewers started aggressively pushing the subject of Harry on Nick. Since then Nick barely mentions Harry on his show, and when someone else does, he gets a bit defensive.
I don't know if Perez knows something but it always seems weird to me that every time there's news about Harry, he uses as many references to his supposed womanizing ways as possible. So much that it really sounds like a joke.
- Also another reason why i don't think N/H is a cover up but something honest,it's not just about these two,their families are close and their friends too.We've seen Anne tweeting Nick a lot and sometimes Gemma too,let's not forget that they have spent Christmas together and we have claims that Nick has been spotted having tea with Anne while Harry was seen out for dinner with Nick and his family.Harry also seems friendly with Pixie,Alexa.Aimee and the rest and equally Nick is friendly with Niall and Liam mentioned that Nick always comes down to things with Harry.Also we rarely find out about their meetings,it's not like they go around talk about it 24/7.
If this is a cover up then it means their lives is a lie and i honestly do not believe that,it's too much.I might be wrong but in case all these people aren't wrong then,for me anyway,N/H is a real thing,whether it is FWB or something more serious.
- Yeah, I definitely cannot see this being any kind of cover-up either. That just makes no sense to me.
- Thanks, 1313. I don't follow LMC, so that didn't show up. Definitely interesting, although doesn't imply they know each other (from the sounds of it, she seems like the type to read Wonderland). But she could see the tweet in that case.
R357 Agreed. I was thinking about this when I watched the Entertainmentwise interview, and he says they go out "once in a blue moon", really trying to play down the connection. Which for a second, made me think, maybe we're making more out of a few friend dates than is really necessary?
But what gets me is that they're clearly very close; they've met each other's parents; supposedly spent last Xmas together (been meaning to ask: is this confirmed, as Harry merely mentioned he thought he would be?); Nick threw Harry's 18th birthday party; there was a period of time when stories kept cropping up about them going on nights out together; pictures of them at a pub with Harry's cousins; Harry's had Nick cook him dinner (and I'd be surprised if that was a one off); it's implied that Harry stayed over and they went for roast dinner with Nick's friend the next day; it's implied Nick has stayed over Harry's (the haunted house thing); they've shared AT LEAST one jumper; Harry has met pretty much all of Nick's friends; Niall implies Nick will be attending the O2 shows for the next tour ...
It goes on. Nothing necessarily "incriminating" ... but then why try and say you only hang out a bit and rarely go out? Why suddenly stop being seen with him; barely tweet him; never mention him on the show.
I don't think he's hugely into 1D as a band, so that's not my issue, but there is a seemingly distinct lack of Harry in his life that we're being allowed to see.
I'd say they'd just fallen out; but the recent tweets about the Bieber video and Little Things, the way Anne Cox still tweets Nick; and the tweet from today saying "yup! it's cute", imply that's not the case.
This is a roundabout and ranting way of saying: seems like a PR backtrack to try and cover up something that's already out there.
- ok I'm worried this might expose me so please ask me nothing more about him as I really enjoy indulging in a bit of gossip here...
This guy Shane is one of the people I was talking about who previously confirmed the rumours to me. I have a vague connection to him through Uni. He is big on the Dalston gay scene as is LMC.
Didn't expect that tweet but not surprised as, like I said before, when I brought up the rumours it was a blunt, almost bored, confirmation I received!
- R538 Far more succinctly put than myself.
- Thank you for explaining, N16.
- R540 Links i've thought about this too,that they might have fallen out but it would be so out of place,how can you be so close with someone for over a year and then drop him? Makes no sense and both Nick and Harry seem loyal to their friendships and as you said recent tweets and interactions prove otherwise.
I am absolutely sure that they do hang out more often than we are allowed to see,let's not forget that we know about the majority of their meetings because a fan or two spotted them by luck or because we connected the facts and found out they were together,there are many meetings that we knew nothing of until later on such as Harry spending many nights with Nick at the studio or his recent sleepover at Nick's after the Sheeran concert in October!
Also,Nick has mentioned that he doesn't see Harry often(which obviously isn't the case)before.I don't remember the interview but i think it was on Fabulous? He said something along the lines of "we see each other mostly at work because he's very busy." Seems like he's trying to act like it's no big deal but it deff is.
- Links, he follows LMC too, so it's likely they do know each other. I agree that it seems there has been a recent attempt to play down their connection, but it seems it cannot be contained anymore, not completely anyway.
- N16 - Thanks for telling us! You really didn't have to.
Is LMC gay, or just part of the scene? Answers my question about him not knowing her though; I'm assuming he does, in whatever capacity.
It's weird, I go out in Dalston a lot; makes you feel a bit cringey when you think about it. It's probably actually less cringey if you actually know them.
I won't ask more about him himself, but I suppose this vetoes the idea that there's some kind of injunction which prevents people from talking about it? Or does that just apply to media outlets? Obviously, this is his personal account.
The guy saying they're cute - seems he's actually seen them together in a couple-scenario, do you think?
- [R544] Harry was papped in Primrose Hill the other day (round the corner from Nick's house I think someone said it was?) and looked very unhappy about being spotted there. Says to me that he and Nick are still making time to see each other on the quiet. Wouldn't be surprised if they skype a lot too.
- In a twist of fate, Harry and Caroline were on Xtra together tonight.
Apparently there was much chemistry. Anyone see?
- Links i was aware of the interview but didn't watch it since i don't live in the UK and more importanly i cannot stand Olly and Caroline,i find them unfunny and boring.Anything interesting mentioned?
Can't wait for all the articles talking about their chemistry and blah blah,will they ever give up on this story? It's beyond dead and boring now.
- Links - I saw it and it was mostly Harry looking at the floor and not saying much. Let's just say it was quite awkward.
- Links - Happily there is always a link on Twitter. Not really seeing anything awkward myself, there seem to be a lot of comments about the fact that he is staring at Caroline but really half of that time he is looking at Olly who is sitting next to her.
- R549 Didn't see it live, just watching it on YouTube (ah, 1D fans, I can always count on you). I'll link.
Agreed on the Caroline Flack front; disliked her before I'd even heard of 1D, so I can promise you it's not some weird Harry-thing that stops me watching anything she's involved in. Don't mind Olly; don't have any strong feelings about him, though. His talent isn't in presenting, if you ask me.
R550 I find it hilarious that the 'Haroline' fans (oh yes, they exist) think she fanned herself because Harry was making her hot. Or that he 'stared constantly at her'. I didn't find it awkward, per se ... just uneventful. He looked at the floor a lot, I agree, but generally he didn't seem bothered and Caroline was just her usual pain in the arse self.
To be fair, I thought Harry smirked more when James Arthur was mentioned; isn't Caroline meant to have a crush on James?
- Well PR appears to be back to pushing the "older woman" angle; I suppose it makes it easier for him not to be dating a girl his own age if he doesn't want to.
- Links same,personally i have never heard of Caroline before the Harry thing but the reason i dislike her is because i find her extremely boring and she honestly has nothing to offer why is she getting jobs anyway? Sharing your opinion for Olly too.
I watched the interview,i'd say it was a bit awkward but nothing serious,uneventful like you said!
I've heard that she has a crush on James too but also Olly,both could be just PR though and i'm not very interested in her love life anyway.
So why don't we go back to N/H instead which is more interesting!
- I've not watched the xfactor Flack/H interview but regardless of whether something ever went on between them or not (I'm undecided) the press coverage and continuing hype around them would surely leave Harry feeling awkward in any nationally televised piece? (He looked equally awkward/coy/embarrasss when being interviewed by Nick IMO?)
Just wandering what prompted the discussion on N&H being a cover for something?
It crosses my mind every so often (that it may be a cover for Flack&H still being current) but then I remember that various people who have tweeted incriminating posts have deleted them or backtracked?
Also, if were for show, why do both N&H actually hide a lot of their interaction?
And as other's have pointed out, it extend beyond them to their families?
Nick seems to follow people on twitter after he has met them. I noticed he started following H's sis shortly after H was rumoured to have popped up to visit his family (the same w/e he and grim were spotted in Waitrose)
I'm assuming a lot here, obviously, but it's just another thing that suggests that what is going on is real?
- L Girl - the cover-up theory was just me saying that along with the tweet from the guy working for Wonderland (have you seen it?), there's not much explanation for people with such reputations to be tweeting things which could potentially jeopardise their credibility unless they were being prompted to by whoever.
It's a tenuous theory, I don't believe it myself; I was just thinking that this was the flipside of all the tweets being true and founded.
He looked less bored and embarrassed with Nick, I would say. But that doesn't mean much to me; as you say, with the press coverage etc, you're going to end up looking awkward trying to find the appropriate facial expression anyway. I didn't think he looked awkward even, just ... normal. If it wasn't Caroline, it wouldn't be an interaction worth mentioning, if that makes sense.
Whereas with Nick he was far more smiley, jittery, seemed excited ... could have been for the performance, but he appeared to enjoy his presence more.
- I will add though that if H is not/was not with Nick, I'd say he is def with Flack.
I know I'm the only one who thinks this but it's the only other plausible explanation.
- I don't think he was awkward or coy when Nick interviewed them, L Girl. I felt like he was actually really giddy and talkative during the iTunes interview at least. It was sweet.
- L Girl nothing prompted the cover up thing,i mean no tweets or anything we were just discussing all the possibilities but i think we can rule this one out.Obviously you never know but it seems too unrealistic and weird and i don't think Caroline is still relevant anyway.
I'm still undecided as to what the nature of the N/H relationship is? Clearly they are close friends and noone can doubt this but if it's just FWB/something casual how do all these people know? I bet they don't make out in public so this leads me to believe that people must have seen them acting like a couple.
- Links, thanks, just wondered if anything particular had prompted the discussion.
I've previously mentioned the theory that it could be a cover but only because I find it hard to dismiss Flack in all this but even then, there are things (as mentioned) that conflict with this theory.
Yep, just saw the tweets. As others have said, they seem to be written with a tone of certainty / statement of fact? Just adds to my view that this is real? As does Perez's retweet.
One thing I feel sure of (assuming it's real) is the sudden distance between them is deliberate and a result of the press.
And that in itself suggests that this is real as apposed to a cover story for something else.
- Hi Links! Yes, LMC is gay too
- L Girl - Agreed.
What I find odd, still, is that he works for Wonderland. I suppose, since it's a personal account, he maybe assumed it wouldn't be seen - but since he works for the online section of the magazine, that seems strange?
As for Flack, I really don't know. And don't expect to ever find out at this point, unless in a plot twist it turns out it's been she all along. However, I don't think H/N is a cover up for THAT, because they could easily find a young girl? I.e. someone like Taylor Swift.
Has anyone else noticed the fangirl (I assume) replying to all of these tweets asking "where did you hear this?" and variations thereof?
I don't know if she's seeing the tweets here or is tracking mentions on twitter, but I'd advise she stop, it's not doing anyone any favours. Least of all herself.
- Meant to add that I've been wondering whether H&N's distance might also have been in anticipation of 1D' current US promo trip? The US seems less 'gay friendly' than the UK. If those press articles had continued, it might have promoted unwanted speculation over the pond?
Just a thought?
- I didnt no LMC was gay!!! I really like her on the breakfast show and I felt really bad for her when all of the crazy 1D fans tweeted her 25,000 times when they said Louis was the lease attractive member of 1D
- N16 - Cool. Doesn't make any difference, mind! Does mean the guy has a connection to Nick, though. Although obviously isn't completely in the loop (otherwise would know for sure? Unless he's putting it out there on purpose and using the question as a means, which is all very conspiracy theorist).
- L Girl - definitely think that's a factor, especially since a small section of the fandom seems to be getting in on 'Gryles' and listening to Nick's show.
This guy also retweeted (only thing of note, perhaps, is his twitter description, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything).
- Honestly those fangirls who reply to those tweets need to go away and never come back,this is what i don't like about DL,any of them can see those discussions we are having and ruin things by asking people how they know like it's happening right now.
If you are reading this then please stop,if these people realize their comments are being discussed they will back up and stop talking abouf it,which usn't helpful at all!
L Girl,whatever the reason why they are keeping a low profile about their relationship it is definitely suspucious to me,if they were just friends they could laugh it off and go on with their lives,both seem not to care much about rumors anyway so the only reasonable explanation us that this time we are dealing with something real not just a rumor.
- Links, I agree. That is another reason that I'd question N&H being a cover.
Of all the covers you could choose, a same sex relationship with a 10 year age gap (that looks more like 20 years based on their appearances) would surely be more damaging than any other cover option? It's not like the public weren't buying all the new womanising tales following Flack/H' 'split'?
N16, thanks for being so candid on here. Much appreciated.
- R558, I agree he seemed sweet and chatty but I definately saw looks of self consciousness there. Similar to how he appeared with Flack that first time.
Maybe for different reasons though.
- The wonderland tweets have made there way on to tumblr.
- Here's a really wild theory: maybe Flack was strategically chosen as a cover in order to "prepare" the public for the case that the relationship between H and N should be found out.
The public (even in Britain) would undoubtedly react much more scandalized to a relationship between a teenage boy and an older male than to one between a teenage boy and an older female. But if it should become public now, people would already have digested the age gap, and could not make a big fuss about it without exposing their underlying homophobia.
As I said, wild and far-fetched, but an entertaining thought...
- Agreed about these stupid tumblr fangirls and their lack of boundries. Recently one of them got access to all Aimee's private facebook photos and had the bright idea of posting loads of them all over Tumblr just because they had Nick in them. It crosses a line really.
Re LMC, she's quite open about it. There's an old guardian article here of her talking about an ex-gf. Her quote about bisexuals made me laugh.
- Did someone really hack Aimees facebook page?
- Tumblr is the scum of all websites,i'm a mature person but these crazy teen girls scare me away,sad to learn these crazies read this thread,please go away????
Anyway if Harry is indeed gay i can see him pulling a Lance Bass aka everyone knowning/speculating that he is gay but he never comfirming anything until the band is over and noone cares much anyway.Does anyone remember Old School? I think they've made a very spot on post somewhere in thread no2 or no3 comparring Lance/Reichen to Harry/Nick.
- I was about to post that. Yes, the tweets are on tumblr now. My guess is fangirls are gonna start digging deeper and "larry" shippers are gonna flip shit. I just hope they don't start sending hate to Nick.
- I also really hope Nick does not get hate he seems like such a nice person.
- R567 Not only not helpful - their lives are, despite this thread and its purpose, not for our entertainment - but also invasive in a way I don't think this thread is.
L Girl/R568 - I went for lunch with a friend today, and when I casually mentioned the info I'd gotten from my friend's friend in PR, she refused to believe it. She cited Flack, Horobin, "all the other girls" (what other girls? It's a sign of good PR that they've managed to create an image of Harry as having been with loads of women despite only two or three being publicised and named). She also didn't really know he was friends with Grimshaw, at least not closely.
Yet, she quite likes 1D and is a regular pop culture reader.
Which is why I don't see it as a cover-up. Unless you're reading DM etc. online, none of it really makes it to mainstream print. Heat, yes, but then it's in a totally jokey, 'bromance' context.
R571 Definitely interesting ...
As for Tumblr ... they don't have boundaries. Some of those 'shippers' come from the Larry sect, which I think we all know doesn't know the meaning of the word invasive, yet practises it at any and every opportunity. Posting Aimee's facebook photos is just weird, I had no idea that had happened ...
As said above, if you are reading these and thinking of posting the tweets on Tumblr, please DON'T. You will get these people into trouble, whether the rumours are true or not, because both people connected to 1D and BBCR1/The Breakfast Show will be checking out these tags.
Furthermore, if there is something to cover up, drawing attention to it in this way and trying to create a ship/fandom atmosphere, will only make the need to cover up more apparent and the means stricter. Post things the two parties involved make public by all means, but tweets away from the two of them and their immediate friends shouldn't be publicised to Tumblr in this way.
Also, they already seem to be sending "anons" to Larry shippers (the Gryles tag is a real mess, I would not want to be a regular on that thing), who aren't taking it well. I don't think their reaction is all that important though; IMO, 1D seems to be disowning them altogether anyway. What is weird is the sudden appearance of "in-the-know" anonymous people messaging these people about Harry and Nick. Funny how these things come out of the woodwork ...
- R571, not that wild an idea!
Links, that's funny. I also had lunch with a couple of friends today, shared my N&H gossip and got exactly the same response! Total disbelief on the basis that H went out with Flack! They only stopped laughing when I showed them the PA twitter conversation.
In fact everyone I have ever told the gossip to all respond in the same way; "can't be true because he went out with Flack!"
- This whole situation has really upset me,they clearly have no boundaries nor seem to realize they are dealing with real people with lives and feelings,let's say they do anything for their ship which is just insane,these people could get in much trouble!
The invasive nature of the whole thing and hiw bad it can turn makes me think about quit speculating and just let things take their own way,i don't think we will ever get an official confirmation on H/N anyway.Yet i can't seem to give up on this story!
- 579- I agree with ur whole post
- That is odd! I don't generally bring it up, unless it's on-topic, which for once it was (she's a big JLS fan; the Aston rumours seem to be making the rounds again). I didn't bring up the tweets - she's not on Twitter and probably wouldn't be that interested - but she didn't seem swayed by the PR information. To be fair, friend of a friend always seems tenuous! If I hadn't met the friend of in question, I'd be sceptical.
I definitely don't think it's a "wild" idea. There has to be some kind of agenda behind all this "older woman" and "cougar" stuff? I always thought it was just because it was such a niche thing to pin on him; no one else, that I can think of, has such a USP. If you could call it that. But your theory DOES make sense, even if it does feel incredibly tinhatty to say it.
Still looking at the "gryles" tag; the tenacity of the Larry shippers really is inspiring, in some ways ... but also incredibly frightening. I think that, were Harry to out and say "I'm dating Nick Grimshaw!" on Ellen next week, they still wouldn't give up. And Louis can scream into whatever microphone he likes that he loves Eleanor Calder, they won't believe him. Which goes to show, it's not about freedom of sexuality at all.
Then again, I would find it difficult to ever believe Harry was dating Taylor Swift. He'd have to do some hardcore convincing.
Loved that interview with LMC, by the way, really good story.
R579 Hmm, I do know what you mean. I wouldn't like to think that any of this is affecting them or damaging. But then I would hope that we're not actively creating rumours ourselves, only reacting to what's out there. And I myself would never get involved in the milling of said rumours, because I don't know anything for sure.
Tumblr's a very different ballgame. I'd like to think that people reading what's here have a bit more sense than the people hacking Aimee's facebook or showing tweets to thousands of fans. And if you don't have that sense, then please leave!
- On the other hand, he posted up on Twitter and named them in full. He has to know it's going to get seen; especially by fans who track Harry's name.
- Here here 579
- Nick did an interview with dave berry at the student radio awards the other night, it was posted on tumblr this morning but weirdly has been made private now.. probably because dave berry called Neil Fox a cunt in it.
But during the interview, they were talking about the breakfast show rivalry and dave said something along the lines of "You can have work experience joe, i know you have taken a shine to him" and nick quite obviously got embarrassed and said "i don't know what you're talking about." Doesn't necessarily mean anything but thought it was interesting.
- Links about larry shippers,this is what i find highly disturbing,they don't just want louis and/or harry to be gay,they only want them to be gay AND together for all their lives which is so incredibly crazy and stupid seriously how old are these girls and what is their problem?!
What i meant with my other post was that exactly,that i hope what we are talking about isn't causing any damage like larry did for example.But people talking about it or fangirls being their weird obsessive selves cant be more damaging than magazines openly hinting on their relationship or Perez RTing a tweet calling Harry gay.
- Oh come off it with all of that self-entitlement stuff. This thread is just as invasive / entertainment based as tumblr is. Hacking facebooks for pictures = invasive. Posting tweets on tumblr that have been publicly tweeted on a Twitter where all of the people involved in them have twitters and could see them = not invasive. If they wanted their info private then they shouldn't have tweeted.
About "Haroline" - It obviously didn't just happen as a "gay cover-up" but that doesn't mean it was a real relationship. The suspicion in Haroline lies in the fact that she was just starting on xtra factor (ratings were down) and 1D's album was about to be released and a "scandal" like this would get them in the news in a way that him dating a B-level celeb his own age wouldn't have. The relationship with Syco/Xfactor is clear and this gave publicity to both - and then once the boys started to break America the romance was swiftly ended because a scandal like that wouldn't go over well in America (plus the xfactor season had just ended)
The papers may have caught wind of Harry/Caroline at that first dinner (where other friends - likely Nick - were in attendance) and their PR teams capitalized on the possible scandal. It possibly working as a cover-up for Harry's sexuality is then an added benefit.
- "...what i find highly disturbing,they don't just want louis and/or harry to be gay,they only want them to be gay AND together for all their lives..."
"...fangirls being their weird obsessive selves..."
- Could the wonderland tweet be to offset any speculation following the Flack interview?
I haven't watched it but have looked at the tweets. The consensus seems to be there was lots of 'sexual tension' and awkwardness?
To those of you who watched it, was there anything that could leave people thinking there was still something going on?
- R586 Good points. Bump back down to earth.
If this became something that was damaging, I would stop. Personally, I have no connections and it doesn't come into my personal life except for a couple of times where it's served as gossip fodder and for the most part has been ignored anyway.
Personally, I'd never touch someone's facebook. But as J has said, these people are posting on open accounts on a public site, where they know 1D fans look, as well as general interested parties. I'd be extremely uncomfortable if someone came here, posting pictures they had taken from a FB, no matter what the content.
I just really hate most of the people I see posting on Tumblr.
Agree about "Haroline" - those have always been my reasons for suspicion, and I've doubted about them before I even had an inkling about Nick or Harry's sexuality.
- R587 If Harry ended up being gay with someone else, or not gay at all, I think I could probably live my life without feeling the need to sob onto my keyboard.
L Girl - So you do think the Wonderland guy's tweet might be to cover up Harry and Caroline?! He posted before Xtra, as far as I can tell.
The interview held no sexual tension to my eyes, but people are reading that into it anyway, so it doesn't really matter. They barely spoke to each other. Harry looked at her a fair bit, but you tend to do that if an interviewer's talking to you. He looked at the floor some, could have appeared awkward.
- I watched xtra factor and didn't see anything. I think a lot of the younger fans feel guilty about the way one direction fans treated Caroline and try and make up for it by reveling in their "moments" now when they know it isn't happening so it's not going to intrude on their desires to one day marry Harry.
There may have been a smidgen of awkwardness but that's just how Harry acts - if anything you'd expect it to be less awkward because he knows Olly well and supposedly dated Caroline. (As pointed out in his interview with Nick he was very chatty and even spoke over some of the other boys.) I'd say there was just as much sexual tension with him and Scott Mills the other day as there was with Caroline.
I think you need to back off on the Flack thing. There's no way anyone is going to tweet about Harry in a far more damaging relationship with Nick to cover-up a do-over with Flack.
- L Girl,i didn't notice anything that could give away a possible H/N relationship,the whole interview seemed rather unimportant to me and i'm pretty sure noone would give it a second thought if Flack wasn't there.
Sexual tension could be interprented many ways and most of these comments came from fangirls/"Haroline" shippers so i wouldn't pay too much attention to that.
If the Wonderland tweet was to throw away the attention from H/C why not mention Swift or Cara but Nick? Makes no sense.
- Links, Just read all the Haroline tweets and wondered about the timing of the Wonderland tweet?
I guess they would have put something more substantial out there than one random tweet if that was the motivation?
Just putting the idea out there to see what people thought?
I stand by what I said earlier though that I think the interview would be awkward regardless. For the reasons I mentioned but also, I think both are acutely aware that the slightest interaction between the two could and probably would be immeadiately pounced on by rabid 1D fans resulting in more hate thrown Flacks way.
- Sorry i'm poster 592 and i meant a possible H/C relationship at the first part of my post but wrote H/N out of habit,sorry!
- Part 6 ready to go.
- I dont see why they would use a gay relationship to cover up a straight one it does not makes sense... because If H/C is true why use nick as a cover up, a gay relationship is far more damaging to a career than the one they r trying to cover up if its true?
- Agreed, J, the overcompensation now is so ridiculously retrospective and almost pointless. As you say, as much tension as with Scott; i.e., it was pretty much like any other interview.
I think the fact that Harry was more lively and interested for the iTunes interview says more.
L Girl - I'm sorry, but they could have put out anything they wanted to 'combat' how the 1D fans are going to react. Why put out a tweet from the personal account of someone who works for Wonderland online? It might have been posted on Tumblr, but there's still a huge section of the fandom (don't check the tag; aren't on Tumblr to that extent; aren't stalking Twitter) who wouldn't see that.
The idea of him being with Nick just isn't preferable to him being with Flack; they have too many other options (young, heterosexual ones) to choose from.
Thanks, R595. Are we finishing this one or moving straight on?
- J, I won't dismiss Flack being a factor whilst I see reason to believe she could be. I don't expect others to agree with me but I'm not going to drop it
whilst I think it's still relevant. More than happy for people to challenge these views though!
By the way, I noticed another thread 5 for this topic (must have been created at the same time as this one)
Could be used when this one is full?
- R595 Thank you! I was just about to ask.
- Just seen R595 (ignore my suggestion!)