- Yeah I'm psyched-ish, but watching the marathon on and off, I'm noticing how boring the reruns are. I have to decide do I watch Walking Dead and then 666 Park Avenue afterwards, or Revenge and then Walking Dead after. Since the new WD episode is being aired twice back to back. I'll download whatever I miss.
- There's supposed to be gay characters this season, if they stick to the comic book's story line. A gay couple in the prison they hole up in.
- I'm so excited to watch it, well I could just pee!
- OMG - I had no idea this was on tonight! Thanks, OP! A big smooch for you!
- Glenn is so cute. I miss Dale. Lori sucks.
- OK. So last season it ended with them seeming to be right across the woods form the prison, but it takes them months to find it? I don't get it.
- Well, if you don't know it's there, you're not going to make a beeline for it.
- Darryl and Sophia's mom!
- Can't wait to see David Morrissey!
- Good start to the season, I have to say. So far.
I sure hope this season is better than last season.
- Michonne finally.
- I’d never seen it, so I watched the marathon & now I’m hooked.
Anyone ever played the video game? Unconventional, but it's great. It’s a bit different than the TV show & the comic books. It’s very addicting because it’s such a good story. The choices you make affect everything that happens & can change the overall outcome. Folks play on Youtube & it's fun to watch.
- NO!! Not Hershel...
- Quesiton: When they were safely inside the prison fence- but the walkers were wandering outside in single units... um... Why didn't the prisoners outside the fence herd together like every single example of walkers have done in ever single episode so far?
- Wasn't it a little too late to save Hershel? Wouldn't he be infected after a minute or two?
- Hershel was pretty much dead already, r13. The weak and old can't survive in the zombie apocalypse.
- Which brings up a better question, r17, WHY did they take the only man who had some medical training on a dangerous venture like that - when there is a very pregnant woman back in the safe place?
UGH the idiot virus is still rampant in this show, i see.
- A writeup from io9... TV Recap
Hope I'm not accused of being a "shill"
- So far it's pretty entertaining.
- I thought it was a good episode. Got pretty exciting there in the last leg of the show.
- haha r21
- Good opener. Lots of zombie kills. They obviously have a lot more money in the budget and are spending it wisely. Loved the starvation and desperation. They were smart to raise the stakes really high to compensate for last year's complete lack of any stakes whatsoever while they camped out on the farm.
This is a very different show and I'm loving it.
- Great start!
Really liked the first few minutes of no talking -- bunch of badasses.
I was thinking the same thing R18 -- why would they bring Hershel? Not only does he have medical training, but he's OLD!
- [quote]UGH the idiot virus is still rampant in this show, i see.
Please, stop watching it and stop posting here.
It was a great fucking episode.
- They might have cut his leg off just in time to stop the virus. Although I don't know how much use you can get from a one legged old man during a zombie apocalypse. Seems like he's inevitable zombie food at this point.
- You idiots realize that if the show is constant zombie kills and without storytelling (yes they have to talk) the show will lose it's shock value. I love how you queens hate the old guy and want him dead because he's old. So typical of shallow ageist queens. By the way most of you will end up alone and old because you were so freaking picky. Sad.
- Stop, already, r27. You sound like the psycho zombie defender from last season.
- I keep hoping Rick and Lori's son Carl gets killed. That kid is both stupid and obnoxious.
- During the scene when Lori was making her big speech about what should happen if she dies during childbirth, I was thinking - Lori, do you really think they'll hesitate to kill your zombie ass? Your husband and son are thisclose to doing that now.
I still giggle at the everybody-hates-Lori memes people generated from last season.
- Agree. He should get killed for wearing that stupid hate. I can understand having a crush on a much older girl but it's sick that she seems to like him too...
- Wow. That sure was an action packed hour. Lots of chills and thrills. I had to go and check that my front door was locked. The talking walker was a great way to end the episode. Can't wait till next Sunday.
- I don't think it was a talking walker but new survivors....
- [quote]I love how you queens hate the old guy and want him dead because he's old. So typical of shallow ageist queens. By the way most of you will end up alone and old because you were so freaking picky. Sad.
Oh my, I see someone has some issues! More than a newsstand, even.
- A talking walker? Dude, that was a human!
The Carl and blonde chick storyline is going to be gross. Isn't she twice his age? I refuse to believe she's that desperate. If he was literally the last man on earth I would not go there.
- I have never read the comic books but I remember an episode of Talking Dead where one of the guests asked NIcotero if there were any talking walkers and he replied "not yet". Here's hoping. But, yeah, I read on another site that they are prisioners who have survived. If they have been in the prison all this time why the hell didn't they clear the cell block of walkers?
- R32, this show is based on a comic book series and versions of the two storylines that were introduced last night ran in the comics. Those were definitely humans.
Carl is supposed to be 13 and the blonde chick 17. It's the zombie apocalypse. Carl slaughters zombies.The artificial construct of "age appropriateness" is rendered completely ridiculous and people are going to hook-up with the least stale leftovers. Her only other options are T-dog and Dale. The writers seem to be pushing the Dale/Carol angle and you know they're not going to give T-dog story.
- I thought Carl was only about 10 on the show? It's still nasty no matter the difference. Mostly just cause I hate Carl.
- [quote]Mostly just cause I hate Carl.
So do I, R38. So do I.
- Carl is a cunt. But so is Lori, so I guess it makes sense.
- The noble not eating dog food moment was ridiculous. They are in no position to be picky.
- I thought Julie was the cunt.
- Who's the barber in the group...that Jamie Lee Curtis lady always has short hair. I hate her positivity. It's a zombie apocalypse for Jeebus sake.
- Carol's hair looks like she cut it with a knife. Which is appropriate.
Hershel looks good with the facial hair.
Lori is a cunt.
- I knew Herschel would get bitten as soon as he stepped over that zombie. Careless move. He should have poked him or stabbed it first.
- Since when do zombies take a nap?
Also, what is the deal with the two armless zombies with Michonne? Even without arms and teeth, shouldn't they still be trying to attack her and Andrea? They are on chains, but they still should be acting like they want to eat her. It's like she has tamed them...
And, no, I do/did not read the comics.
- In the prison hallways, all those zombies lying around were eaten up from the waste down but the heads were in tact- so why weren't they moving at all?
- [quote]Since when do zombies take a nap?
They're slow to react until they see or hear a noise. They have been seen to lie dormant until disturbed or made aware of a human presence.
- R46 I was watching with a friend who is thinking those two guys with Michonne are maybe her brothers she couldn't bring herself to kill so she merely removed there lower jaws and arms.
- [quote]The Carl and blonde chick storyline is going to be gross. Isn't she twice his age?
They aren't going to go there are they? With a nice hunk of black man and Daryl around? BTW, when are Daryl and Carol finally going to fuck?
T-Dog is the most underutilized character on the show.
- Why do the writers hate T-Dog? I mean really what's the (non)back story there?
- I saw it as Carl was more into the blonde girl like most younger boys do and imagine themselves as men even though they are still 13
I think she finds the crush cute and flattering. The way she smiled at her dad when he sent him away it looked like they both saw it as crush from a young boy
- r52 has it. They're not going to make the two a couple. They're just showing that Carl is coming of age and starting to notice girls.
- I love the idea of Lori's baby - SPOILER!!!!! -being still born and going all zombie on her ass from the inside.
Shane's awesomely tight cargo pants
- Yes, I know it's only a tv show but couldn't they be a tad bit more realistic when it comes to the physics of shoving a poker through a human head? Glen is casually slipping the poker through the chain link fence and it goes through the zombie skulls like they're made of soft butter.
- R55, please stop watching it and stop posting here.
It was a great fucking episode.
- Enough, R56. I'm not R55, but you can't censor people just because they don't agree with you.
- [quote]I love the idea of Lori's baby - SPOILER!!!!! -being still born and going all zombie on her ass from the inside.
They did a variation of that in the "Dawn Of The Dead" remake.
[quote]Yes, I know it's only a tv show but couldn't they be a tad bit more realistic when it comes to the physics of shoving a poker through a human head? Glen is casually slipping the poker through the chain link fence and it goes through the zombie skulls like they're made of soft butter.
They are pushing through a dead body's eye socket destroying the brain. It ain't Rocket Science.
- R58, R55 needs to watch shows that don't require his imagination.
Either don't watch a show your mind can't wrap around or don't come around bothering people who enjoy it.
- Ewww... no Carol/Daryl sex please. She is gross and looks like his mother.
- [quote]Enough, [R56]. I'm not [R55], but you can't censor people just because they don't agree with you.
Do you not see the irony in what you just said here?
- Carol is not unattractive.
- Presume that zombie heads are softer or more brittle.
- Lauri's pregnant belly looked only slightly more believable than Beyonce's collapsible cardboard one.
The whole thing about everyone already being infected with the virus (or whatever it is) has me wondering something. I am OK with that explaining the seemingly spontaneous conversion of Shane when Rick killed him.
But then I don't understand why people getting bitten but not killed is causing conversion. Theoretically whatever is transmitted through the bite is something the person is already infected with. If we accept that death causes conversion, why would just being wounded also cause it?
Does this make sense?
- I asked that same question on the Season 2 thread r46, but nobody had an explanation.
It makes no sense that those pet zombies demonstrate no aggression and stand around so passively. Hopefully it is something that will be explained later.
- After Carol asked Daryl to screw, he said something and Carol responded with 'even better.' What did Daryl say?
- I think Carol is attractive in a very real and natural way, with her natural gray hair and no makeup. Lori's belly was ridiculous looking and way to low like it sloped down. Most pregnant bellies start right below the boobs.
- r66, Daryl said "I'll go down first."
To me it sounded more like 'I'll go back first,' but according to close-captioning he said 'go down.'
- None of it makes scientific sense r64, zombies and vampires are horror fantasies and aren't the slightest bit believable. You're way over-analyzing something that's just meant as popcorn entertainment. Ghosts are pretty much the only supernatural phenomenon that is at all believable to me. Not that I do believe in ghosts, but I think they might be possible.
- Lori constantly rubbing her belly like she just came from a Mommy and Me class makes me want to light a candle at my local parish that she be the next sacrificial zombie chum. I CAN'T STAND HER!
- I don't think there's anything in the entire world more insufferable than someone who hollers about people needing to use their imagination for a show where the writers show time and time again that they have very little of that resource themselves. These assholes just throw shit at a wall and it all sticks.
- There's no way to enjoy this show if you can't suspend reality while you watch.
It's about a guy who's in a coma for a couple of months with no medical intervention who survives a post-apocalyptic zombie plague complete with military helicopters dropping napalm on U.S. cities. The coma survivor wakes up and then goes on to become the leader of a band of survivors. It only gets crazier from there.
I love it, but I know I have to watch it without expecting it to be realistic.
- Thanks, R68; but isn't that a total slam towards Carol? Is he saying he'd rather die than screw her? Or is he saying he'd rather perform oral on her first?
- He was talking about them returning to the group. Carol and Daryl were away from them walking around the enclosure (maybe slightly uphill?) while the rest of them were gathered around the fire and the girls were just about to sing that annoying song.
But suddenly horny and flirty Carol took the double entendre and rolled with it. She needs to get laid!
- Ahh...I get it, R74.
R73 who is slow
- The guy who plays Daryl is in his early 40s so he and the actress who plays Carol are probably close to the same age,I think she went gray early and she's had that same odd hair cut when she co-starred in The Mist playing an very similar character to Carol a woman looking for her children in the midst of a monster invasion.
- In the spirit of awkward questions: Why are the zombies so hungry for human flesh when they don't need food to survive? We've never seen a zombie starve to . . . whatever.
- I'd love to see and eye roll across the ground.
- Am I the only one who noticed that Andrew Lincoln is visibly older this season?
- He looks thinner, r79.
I wonder if Carol is on track to do what she does in the comics?
- Looks like poor Hershel is on the way out. I don't know if amputating a bitten limb is enough to stop the zombie infection, or whatever the hell it is. Overall, the season premiere was excellent and I'm so glad they're finally off that boring farm.
- [quote]I don't think there's anything in the entire world more insufferable than someone who hollers about people needing to use their imagination for a show where the writers show time and time again that they have very little of that resource themselves. These assholes just throw shit at a wall and it all sticks.
Please, stop watching the show and stop posting here.
- F&F R82.
- R83, I see you wrote this upthread:
[quote]but you can't censor people just because they don't agree with you.
- Yeah, I did. What are you going to do about it?
- I was thinking about Hershel's bite. It obviously would not have killed him, as Rick killed the walker right away. Since everyone is infected anyway, and the only way to become a walker is to die, why did Rick cut off his leg? Why not let the bite heal, and that be the end of it?
- I think they're going to turn Hershel into what Dale was supposed to be in the graphic novel. Granted, they have take many liberties, so one never knows.
Great episode tonight, but I am worried they're blowing their story load too soon.
- r86, It can be confusing but i believe getting bit, scratched, whatever either A; kills you and then you come back as a zombie or B; spreads the zombification directly.
- Is there a reason the other two prisoners were left alive? They do not seem to possess the survival skills necessary to remain human for much longer. Are they going to become collateral damage once the military invades the prison which is undoubtedly going to happen sometime this season?
- That black guy turned into a walker almost immediately after being scratched
- R89 - they probably know the layout of the prison, so that will help.
- R90--he didn't. The long-haired guy took him out long before he would have died.
- Why is Will Wheaton on Talking Dead? He seems gayer than a goose.
- Nick Gomez...that's all
- I don't miss Shane at all.
- This is the first time in a long time Laurie has been likable. Hmmm...
- Lauren Cohan did a really great job in her bedside scene with Herschel.
I really thought that Maggie was going to smother Herschel, for various reasons. I jumped when Herschel grabbed Lori.
- Who the hell was creepin' on Carol when she was practicing surgery on that zombie?!?!
- Was anyone else kind of weirded out by the lingering shot of the dirty zombie panties?
- That's what I was wondering, R98.
- Me too, R98 & R100!
- It could be Merle spying on Carol. I have a feeling Lori will die this season,possibly in childbirth.
- I'm praying Lori dies in childbirth!
Yes, the zombies underwear shot was GROSS. They lingered a little too long didn't they?
Great episode. I like this no-nonsence Rick.
- I wanna knock that cowboy hat off that kid...
- With a machete, R104.
- Yes, r99! And the slow pulling up of her dress made me uncomfortable.
But 'Dirty Zombie Panties' is going to be the name of my new all girl punk band.
- R98, the second big storyline of the season is going to involve a showdown with a rival camp. Carol was being watched by a scout from the rival camp.
- ...even though there have been rumors that Merle is going to make a return appearance ever since he died.
- Merle didn't die, r108. And he will be part of this season. In fact, I'm pretty sure they showed him in the preview for next week.
The last we saw him, he was handcuffed to the pipe on the roof of that building the group was hiding in in Atlanta. When they were getting attacked they left him behind because T-Dog dropped the key to unlock him when they were in a rush to flee the building.
But when Rick/Daryl/T-Dog/Glen went back to rescue him, that's whey they found that Merle wasn't still on the roof, and his severed hand was still laying next to the handcuff/pipe/saw indicating that he cut off his own hand to escape.
So we were never given the impression that Merle died, just that he was missing...and handless.
- Just finished watching last Sunday's episode. Man, Andrew Lincoln is kicking ass this season! Great actor! He's one of the few English actors who can pull off an authentic Southern accent, too.
- I covered my eyes for the zombie anatomy practice.
The panties were the tip-off that I had reached my limit.
- Panties Schmanties.
When do we get to see some zombie titties?!?!?!
- Is it weird that I think Merle is hot?
- Damn, they shot all that hot military meat.
- How about David Morrissey (the Governor), r110?
- R115 - Nope.
- What a fucking ending!!! Awesome!!
- Here's some full-frontal shots of Andrew Lincoln. Boy is he small, but the pubic hair is fantastic.
- Were we supposed to recognize some of those heads?
I was buying the Guv as a "nice" guy despite what I heard about him, then he gunned down all those soldiers. Why? He is a whack-job.
Anyone know how far they are from the prison?
- The one head was the surviving soldier from the helicopter crash that the governor had spoken with.
- [quote]Damn, they shot all that hot military meat.
No kidding. It looked like he was visiting a gay porn set!
- Was the Gov supposed to represent Mitt Romney?
- You could make the argument that he didn't want to let a bunch of armed guys into his tidy village, guys that had run off during a "serve and protect" situation.
Also I think he doesn't want any other alpha dogs around, Meryl even sounds whipped.
The doctor is creepy....and I don't know why the Gov. Has floaty heads.
- We grow (some of) 'em right here in Asslanta.
- I like to look at Merle.
I'd let him take care of me during the zombie apocalypse. & that makeshift stump covering thing with the knife was badass! That reminded me of Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead.
- Do you think he cut that soldiers head off before or after he died?
- Dallas Roberts looks like he put on a little weight since A Home at the End of the World.
- Wow, what a fantastic episode.
Talking Dead pointed out that there was no Rick, Lori, Daryl, etc., but I hardly noticed.
They also mentioned that people were worried about this episode because none of the regulars were featured, and viewers might be turned off, but this was an amazing episode, nonetheless.
I thought this episode was Emmy worthy. The acting, the scripting, and the storyline was just fantastic.
It's too bad that the Emmy Academy doesn't recognize the horror genre as a "legitimate" acting arena, because they are sadly mistaken. The actors in this show are really, really great.
The guy who played "The Governor" was pitch perfect. He wasn't over-the-top like so many actors, and he played both the nice guy and villain to perfection. What an amazing actor. Now I know why the producers were raving about him, prior to the season premiere.
I love the whole feel of "Woodbury," and how out of place it is in this zombie apocalypse. I couldn't understand why everyone was so deferential to the Governor, until I saw him bash the soldier's face in.
So my first impression was that he was a military special ops contractor like Blackwater, or something, but then there was that shot of his happy little family, which was confusing.
Then at the end of the episode, he obviously got done fucking his whore du jour, and then went into his zombie head aquarium room. That just blew my mind.
I think the reason I was so impressed with this episode was because of the characters and the acting. The Governor, Michonne, and Merle are such complex characters, and the actors really brought them to life.
Even the creepy scientist (who Chris Hardwick referred to as the "Nazi Scientist") was a trip. There's so much story to tell in Woodbury, and I'm looking forward to it.
I honestly never thought that it could get better than Rick and the gang, but boy was I mistaken.
This was an AWESOME episode.
- In addition to the soldier's head, The Governor also had the heads of Michonne's pets in a tank.
I concur with the posts regarding Merle's sexiness.
I didn't find Andrew Lincoln particularly hot in previous seasons, but this season he is bringing it. It might be the longer hair and the beard, but it's probably his new hard ass attitude. He's like Shane without all of the annoying bullshit.
- You only needed to see his "O" face after bashing that soldiers head in to know the Governor is not all that great a guy.
- Gosh this episode was sooo great, I totally forgot about the other characters at the jail. I didn't even realise it, until I was reading a comment on here about it. Soooo good. Makes me wonder for next weeks episode, who is fuckin with the group at the jail? Last weeks someone was lurking and watching Carol as she messed with zombie parts. Next weeks episode someone opened the gates, they thought it was the other remaining 2 prisoners?
Also did anyone catch Michonne and Andrea when they were talking, and she said something about not knowing her, and how hard it was to kill those walkers she used? Were they her family members? Or did I miss something? I wonder what her past is, how she survived so long?
- When I read that the governor was to be played by David Morrissey, I pictured in my head David Morse, and was a little disappointed.
But now I am happy -- I don't know Morrissey and that makes for a more engaging story.
- [quote]When I read that the governor was to be played by David Morrissey, I pictured in my head David Morse, and was a little disappointed.
David Morrissey was absolutely terrific in the "Red Riding" series. If you haven't seen it you should, it also features Andrew Garfield, Sean Bean, and Mark Addy.
- It sounded weird that the Woodbyury people call the zombies "biters". Not sure which title I like better: walkers or biters.
- I like "walkers" much better. More evocative.
- I'm curious about the tea - it was prominently highlighted in a few scenes. Wonder if it'll be something the wacky scientist is working on.
I was getting annoyed with Michonne's perma-scowl by the end of the episode.
- If Michonne was on Survivor or Big Brother, she'd be voted off first.
- I got the impression that Michonne was annoyed at Laurie for being so smitten with The Guv'nor.
- The tea made me think of opium tea...
- I"m glad they finally focused more on Maria Covarubias from the X-Files.
- That's "Marita" to you, sweetheart!
- RE: the abuse...
The Gov did say that he'd be more afraid of a guy approaching him without a gun drawn.
- R142, maybe that's why the survivors in the town are 'docile'. I'd drink many, many cups of opium tea in the apocalypse.
- And I loved this episode, mostly because there was no Grimes, and no Laurie/Carl. I cannot stand that stupid family.
- After that last scene, would you say the Governor was the "head man"?
- R145 should read...
RE: The ambush....
- I wonder if Andrea will give the Governor some head?
- [quote] David Morrissey was absolutely terrific in the "Red Riding" series.
Thanks. I was wondering where I knew him from, but never got around to looking it up
- Fantastic episode! And what a great introduction of the Governor, played superbly by one of England's greatest actors David Morrissey! (I mentioned a few pages earlier how Andrew Lincoln's Southern accent is pitch perfect, but hearing fellow Brit Morrissey's Southern accent made me realize how multifaceted the accent is. Lincoln's accent is more of a traditional, backwoods type where as Morrissey's accent is a bit more modern sounding.)
I have no doubt that Morrissey will continue to impress. I became aware of Morrissey when watching BBC's excellent mini-series "State of Play." (Hollywood made their own crappy version by adapting into a movie starring Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck; safe to say it sucked.) Was a fan ever since. I'm happy that he's introduced to a wider audience here in America through "The Walking Dead." Couldn't have happened to a better actor.
- WOW! Lotta people dropped in tonite's episode.
And man, that Merle is creepy. Did you see him leering at Andrea when she was giving him the map? made me want to take a shower.
"Why didn't we ever hook-up?"
"You called me a whore. And a rugmuncher."
- so is she really dead? maybe im not really paying attention why she had to be shot...
- Great ep. Glad one person is dead, sorry about the other one. No spoiler from me other than that.
- Me watching TWD tonight: omg! ... OMG!!
- Lori - DEAD. Had to be put down by her own brat son before she turned.
Lori's baby - NOT DEAD. And not a walker/crawler unfortunately.
Carol - DEAD. Walkers ate her scarf.
Black bald guy - DEAD.
- There was no confirmation about Carol. Unless we see a body, she's probably still hiding somewhere in the prison.
There is some fucked up shit on this show. That delivery scene was exceptionally brutal, which is saying something given everything else that's happened so far.
- I lost count how many times I said 'oh my God' during this ep. Not that it matters that much after all that carnage but was it mentioned if the baby is a boy or girl?
Andrea is getting on my nerves with her goo-goo eyes at the Governor, but I understand her hesitance on going out on the road again and dealing with whatever hell is out there.
- WOW! Crazy episode, but glad Lori is gone.
Carol isn't dead.
Seems early in the season for this to be happening. They changed up Lori's death from the comics. It was effective.
- Got a funny tweet from Kevin Hearne who writes the Iron Druid books.
Kevin Hearne @KevinHearne
People on my feed freaking out about something that just happened on The Walking Dead. Must assume someone who was walking is now dead.
- I cried.
- No more whining and complaining from Lori! That was fucking intense.
T-Dog became a T-Bone for those hungry critters.
Carol is hiding somewhere. I hope she isn't killed off anytime soon, I actually like her character.
I don't think the prisoner they killed was responsible for letting the walkers in the prison. I think it was whoever that mysterious person was at the very beginning of the episode.
This show just keeps getting better.
- It's a girl baby, and it's going to need formula.
- r164, it was the prisoner that let the walkers in. Remember the shoes that were shown when he was hanging the deer for the walkers to fest on and the ax that was used to break the chain that was used to lock the gate.
- Unbelievably intense episode. The Lori stuff was outta control.
- Thanks, r166. For some reason, I thought the opening scene was somebody else, not the prisoner.
- Didn't the Governor mention that he HAS a daughter -- not past tense. The fact that she hasn't been shown leads me to assume he's keeping her zombie ass somewhere, much like Herschel did.
- I was thinking the same R169 unless he considers her head in one of the fish tanks is his daughter in the present tense.
- I cried, too.
- what happened to lori? how did she die?
- Damn does AMC have the worst, grainiest HD. I should just wait and watch a web download of the new episode.
- R172 - lori's dead??
- Who's Lori?
What show is this?
AMC? I thought American Motors went out of business years ago?
- Yes, Lori is dead. She died as a result of the improvised cesarean and Carl shot her in the head to prevent her from becoming a walker.
- i gotta stop reading boards...i didn't see tonights show! lori's dead...man!!
R175 you're funny! it's a pretty cool show. google it!
- R164 - Did you watch The Talking Dead? Gale Anne Hurd, one of the producers, was on and she talked as though Carol is dead. I don't know if she was setting people for a "Sike! Just playing y'all" moment next week, but she seemed pretty serious. It seemed serious enough that Chris Hardwick tried to move the conversation away from it to prevent spoilers.
- R178 - this tread should have had a spolier alert noitce...ha!
- Why wouldn't they show her death? That seems a pretty pathetic way for a major character to disappear. They gave t bone and Lori a death scene, why not carol?
I don't buy it.
- "Damn does AMC have the worst, grainiest HD."
The grainy look is by design to suggest the the feel of the graphic novel. The show is NOT shot with digital cameras which would have produced a very clean look:
“Every conceivable format was tested before production (of The Walking Dead),” says Boyd. “When the images came back, everyone realized that Super 16 was the format that made everything look right.
"With the smaller gauge and the grain, suddenly the images seemed to derive from the graphic novel itself. Every image is a step removed from reality and a step deeper into cinema.”
AMC’s director of production, Susan Goldberg, took a close look at the tests. “For The Walking Dead, we like the texture and the speed you can get with the Super 16 film format,” she explains. “We have a high standard at AMC for what our shows look and feel like. We feel there is a certain elegance with film, and we think film adds a cinematic quality that fits with the rest of our programming. Feature films air before and after our original series, and we want smooth, elegant transitions.”
- I don't think Carol is dead either BUT here's a theory:
They didn't give Sophia a death scene and so the writers and producers might like the symmetry of cutting to Carol as a walker next week. Maybe they would put Daryl in the position of having to be the one who puts her down. Then, when Merle shows up, Carol's death will provide the adequate disillusionment (perhaps in conjunction with Rick no longer being much of a leader) for him to go off with his brother without much hesitation.
- r178 -- yike! "Sike" is actully "psych" as in psychological!
"Psych out" is a head game meant to fool people, shortened, as you've apparently heard but not read, to psych.
- Yes but the commercials look just as grainy, r181. AMC does have a particularly weak HD feed.
- Thank you for the etymology lesson, R183, but I spelled it in a colloquial/humorous form. If you have to explain a joke, it isn't funny, but there you have it.
- There wasn't one thing in your post, r185, that lead me to believe you were joking around about that spelling.
- Lori is not dead, don't be silly. I cut my little brother out of my mom's womb and then shot her in the head and she's perfectly fine. Just leaves little puddles of blood around everywhere but we've gotten used to it.
- R169, that is what happens in the comics.
I assumed that T-dog was going to get killed off when Michonne showed up. Now it looks like he is going to be replaced by one of the prisoners. In the comics there is a character named Tyrese who I was disappointed wasn't part of the show. Maybe he will be a stand-in for T-dog.The comics are emotional roller coasters. The characters are simply brutalized in every issue. It's interesting to see the show going in that direction. I read somewhere that the ratings this season are on par with network shows.
- Look deeply, R186. Forward my reply to the finest scholars of our time and argue your theory with them. Ruminate in solitude and perfect your thesis. Then, and only then, reply with your conclusion. I vow to accept your findings.
- Yeah, if she's dead, then it seems unnecessarily cruel for the writers not to give Carol a death scene, so no, I don't think she's dead. Lori is fucking dead! Her son had to put her down! There's no other situation short of Rick putting Carl and the baby down that would match that for drama. Darryl killing zombie Carol is meh in comparison.
I get your theory R182, maybe they'll look for Carol and find her as a zombie, but I don't know, that still feels off to me so I hope they don't do that.
Michonne is really not doing it for me so far. Take away the sword and zombie pets and you have a one-note, suspicious character. No doubt, they must be setting her up for something awesome...I hope.
- Well Rick's single now, time to explore his gay side. It's high time the show had some gay characters. I'd see if Daryl's interested.
- R191 Now you're talkin! I think Daryl is hot!
- Unfortunately, Rick had to shoot his high-school fuck buddy at the end of season two, so there's no easy replacement.
But Darryl is a good poassibility, since I'm sure he was forced to suck Merle's dick more than once while they were growing up. (See prior dream sequence for further details.)
- Rick and Shane were high-school fuck-buddies? Hott!
- Shane used to come home from hot dates and tell Rick all about them, which often led to Rick sucking off Shane, either relieving Shane's blue balls or giving him a second orgasm of the night.(I think Shane used to return the favor sometimes, but I'm not sure.)
This theory sure explains a lot.
r193 - dream sequence? What are you talking about?
- Amazing, amazing episode, and completely out of the blue.
For all the bitching and moaning I did about Lori, that was a beautiful and powerful episode and scene between Lori and Carl. Sarah Callies is a real trooper for taking her "firing" the way she did, and going out with such emotion.
As much as I hate Carl and his bad acting, the scene when Lori was talking to him about being a "good boy" and "the best thing I ever did" was so emotional and so powerful. I never liked either character, but this episode changed it all for me. I'll miss the Lori character, because she was so central to the storyline. I'm somewhat perplexed as to what will happen to Rick from this point forward.
I never cared much for Tbone either, but he was a real class act on The Talking Dead. He thanked the fans and producers, and exited the show with dignity. Glad to hear he'll be in another show soon.
This show is now in utter chaos. No wonder last week focused on the Governor. Looks like he and Woodbury will be the new Rick and Co. The focus of the show is clearly shifting, with the ouster or Lori, TBone and Carol. That's a major shakeup (especially for central characters), and I'm hoping that Rick's death isn't coming up. I love his character.
Personally, I would have gotten rid of Herschel and his blonde daughter. They're kind of useless.
Does anyone know why Carol was wearing that scarf? She looked like a cancer patient. Could that be part of the storyline. That Exec. Producer on Talking Dead seemed to make it clear that Carol is dead, but I wonder... It just wasn't an exit befitting a semi-lead actress.
I'm sure so many fans of the show had their heads EXPLODE with this episode. It was so emotional and - jarring - quite frankly.
Like Chris Hardwick said... we're only four episodes in!!
Amazing show. It needs an Emmy win for acting - STAT!
- How could Carol be dead if it hasn't been explained why she was cutting up Walkers ?
- Rick is the central character of the comics and the show r197, as Kirkman the creator has said. Once he dies, the show and comic are over.
The central characters on the show are similar to those in the comic right now. Rick, Michonne, Andrea, Glenn, Carl. They are all still alive in the comic.
- R193, it was actually Carl who shot Shane. Hs is getting quite handy at killing people.
- Actually, R193, I do see your point--they both shot Shane--Rick as a human, and Carl as a walker.
- Wow -- very intense episode!
I’m not one to get squeamish about blood, but Lori’s birth/death scene made me squirm. I didn’t like her much either, but I cried.
I love this show.
- I agree about exploring Rick & Darryl in the gay way.
Perhaps that’s why Darryl didn’t take Carol up on her offer to fuck.
- Ready for Carol to be gone. Never liked her.
- Shit I missed it. Will they reshow it next week?
- Do theu show the previous episode before the new one on Sunday?? Or re run it during this week?
- Realistically though, r202, there would've been a lot more blood and screaming. I didn't like how she conveniently passed out a few seconds into it. No matter how badly she wanted the c-section, I doubt anyone could lie there and be cut open without squirming around and screaming at the top of their lungs. She would've had to be tied down.
- I think they do, R206.
8pm EST maybe -- I'm not certain, though. And AMC may even show it some time during the week, too. You should try to catch it as soon as possible - it's amazing.
- Really, R207? 'cause I would have passed out before they even touched me with the knife.
- And you would've woken up from the intense pain of having your guts cut open. She looked like she was taking a pleasant nap. Riiight.
- Good points, R207.
I assumed she passed out so quickly because she was a bit malnourished combined with the stress of walkers outside the door, while being separated from the group. But I agree that, realistically, there would’ve been more blood & a lot more thrashing about from her.
I guess it made me squirm because, honestly, childbirth creeps me out.
- Maybe shooting her in the head first would've been more believable. I don't think it would've harmed the baby as long as they got it out quickly. And it would've been a preferable option for Lori to go instantly.
- Lori was an ass for not taking those Plan B birth control pills.
- Is it Rick Jr. or Little Shane? And where's Maurey when we need him?
- It didn't effect me much emotionally because Lori and Carl are both so profoundly unlikeable.
Come to think of it, there's almost no one to root for at this point. I loathe Maggie and Hershel. Carol is bleh and has never paid off. Glenn is meh.
I'm holding off on judgment of Michonne. We know nothing about her yet. She has potential. I like Andrea because I've always liked the actress, and I feel the same about Andrew Lincoln, even though they're working hard at making him look like a monster this season. Norman Reedus is really the only one I have no confliction with liking at this point, and that will improve when he finally has to off his psychotic brother (you know it's going to happen.)
I am surprised that they offed Lori so early. There's twelve more episodes this season, and they've barely dealt with the prison or Woodbury. But some even more horrible things happen, so I guess they felt they needed the juice and the shock right now.
I wouldn't want to be an actor on this show.
- Yeah actors die off fast but it's a huge hit so they're also getting a lot of exposure. I wasn't familiar with most of them before the show, just the guy who played Dale. I'd seen Hershel but it was just a bit role, he's one of Aileen Wuornos's victims on Monster. He played a similar kindly old man, and Aileen was overwhelmed with guilt after killing him.
I'd seen Reedus too, he starred in the direct-to-video sequel to The Messengers.
- Don't forget Michael Rooker (Merle) as Henry in Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer.
- r196, wasn't there a dream/delirium sequence wherein Darryl imagined he was talking to an abusive Merle? That scene was fraught with memory and innuendo.
- I think an interesting thread to me would be to discuss how and why a show that is so popular seems to also have such unlikeable characters, and was this intentional on the part of the show makers?. I like the show a lot but agree that I don't like most of the people on it, and don't care when they die. I did like Dale and I kind of like Darryl, but that's about it. Is it the writing? Do the writers know their characters are unlikeable? Did they intend for the little boy Carl to be hated or did they expect him to be someone we root for?
- How in the hell did the crazy prisoner survive after Rick locked him in the courtyard of the prison and told him "you betta run"
- How can you not like Rick, the handsome stud who keeps saving everyone's ass?
- r219, we could argue about the likeability of characters, but I think people tune in because of the compelling situation that force those characters to behave a certain way.
- Andrea's plotline is very, very annoying.
Here was a woman who was a lawyer, right?
How can they portray her as being so stupid?
And right now, Michonne is SO one-dimensional.
The writers have trouble dealing with these female characters and it is an embarrassment that in this day and age...a cardboard-flat black character dies and is just replaced by another.
Jeez...White boy writers can't get past the "Jar-Jar Binks" mentality.
- [quote]I'd seen Reedus too, he starred in the direct-to-video sequel to The Messengers.
What? You've never seen Boondock Saints?!
- Well, I guess Lori's lazy ass don't have to 'git ta werk' now.
- This season is definitely better than season two! Andrew Lincoln has been acting his ass off -- he has never been better! That last scene where he falls down and cries in agony over Lori's death and the fact that Carol had to put her down -- some of the best acting I've seen from Andrew Lincoln.
However, I do agree about how sloppy they handled T-Dog's death. All the black characters are so one-dimensional. Granted, I'm happy to see this show -- as well as AMC's Hell on Wheels -- have a diverse cast of minorities in prominent roles, but it's sad that T-Dog was so one-dimensional that he could easily be replaced by another black actor that's only been on the show for a couple of episodes.
Same goes for Michonne. There's so much potential to make her a character with a lot of weight, but she's another cardboard cutout. The Walking Dead has a great crop of actors, but they squanders the great acting with lousy writing.
- [quote] This season is definitely better than season two! Andrew Lincoln has been acting his ass off -- he has never been better! That last scene where he falls down and cries in agony over Lori's death and the fact that Carol had to put her down -- some of the best acting I've seen from Andrew Lincoln.
Sorry, that's CARL not CAROL!!!
- [quote]wasn't there a dream/delirium sequence wherein Darryl imagined he was talking to an abusive Merle? That scene was fraught with memory and innuendo.
Yes, he was looking for Sophie and found her doll in the creek. He fell and stabbed himself in the gut with one of his arrows, then he couldn't climb up the hill to get out of the creek. He passed out and Merle came to him in a vision telling him the group wasn't really that into him. When he came out of the vision, it wasn't really Merle looming over him but a zombie who was trying to eat his foot.
I'm a season behind everybody and just watched that episode two days ago.
- [quote]All the black characters are so one-dimensional.
LOL, look at comment 158. Everybody has a name except "bald black guy".
- So then you know that dream was full of back story and meaning.
- I know everyone on this thread loves the show and I'm not gonna linger here long, knowing what I'm saying is probably not welcome, but I'm done with this show.
I agree with R223, the treatment of female characters is terrible. And gay characters? So far, completely invisible. What, did the gay people just all die?
And frankly, I'm over the whole dystopian trend in modern culture of which this seems to be the ultimate. It just leaves me depressed. It doesn't inform my life or make me think.
So I say goodbye. You can go back to your adoration now.
- Scott Wilson, the actor who plays Hershel, was quite hot and did a fantastic job as one of the killers in "In Cold Blood".
He also played Marg Helgenberger's character's father on CSI for several episodes.
- Yeah no gay characters, but even worse than that, no references to the existence of homosexuality at all! So far it's a world completely sterilized of gayness. And it annoys me because I hate thinking about all the homophobes watching who never have to leave their bigoted comfort zone. And yes it's terrible with black characters too, you'd think they would've been embarrassed how far they pushed T-Bone into the background. It's 2012, they didn't think anyone would notice what a marginal, token character they made him?
This season was supposed to have gay characters, two of the prisoners were supposed to be a gay couple according to the comic. Well one gay, one supposedly straight, who then rejects the gay guy now that they aren't imprisoned anymore. So it might be better they ignored that storyline which could've been interpreted as a bit homophobic. The writers could've made the gay guy very sympathetic though and avoided that. I think they're just going to avoid having any gay characters as long as possible.
- Um, Michonne is a lesbian. It will be revealed later.
- In the comic series, R234, she's not. Do you know something about the direction of the television series that's different?
- This thread is starting to read like an affirmative action discussion. I don't really care about the sexuality of people trying to survive being ripped to shreds. I'd think any sex that happens on the show is more out of loneliness and situational convenience than orientation or attraction.
I think we are forgetting the demographic of the graphic novels. The Big Bang Theory portrays the nerds as comic book lovers, but I don't see those characters reading these novels. I see long haired redneck geeks into death metal reading these novels. The demographic of the comics is probably more homophobic than gay.
- The new black prisoners name is Oscar. Let's start using it.
- It's a comic book. It's not Ibsen.
It's a comic book setting with comic book characters and comic book sensibilities. That's why you don't really care about the characters. They each get a one-dimensional personality (the bullying tough guy, the abused mother with the sweet daughter, the pizza delivery guy who was really good at video games, the bitch, the black guy who says two words, the girl who wants to rebel against her dad and have lots of apocalyptic sex) and then they fade into the background as new one-dimensional characters are added.
It's just bad guys versus guys who aren't as bad, vs monsters/insane criminals. That's what comic books are.
- [quote] I don't really care about the sexuality of people trying to survive being ripped to shreds.
I do. Everyone wants to see themselves reflected in the popular culture.
- Right r239, We'll keep our eyes peeled for the fat bitchy queen they rescue from his mom's basement who has survived for months eating nothing but cheetos.
- I see you reflected in every fucking asshole they run into R240.
- In the last couple episodes of a BBC show called "Survivors" , they did explore two women having feelings for each other....and it was kind of refreshing.
I've been a life-long sci-fi/comic book geek , so I think R238 has a good point, but I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of our gay lives reflected.
Also, im happy Laurie is gone.
- Norman is hot in this movie. Spoiler: he kisses Alan Rickman.
- This show is entertaining but terribly written and acted (in most cases). Andrew Lincoln is a poor, melodramatic actor and I thought his final scene was laughable.
I do think a couple of the characters are well written. Until this season, I think Andrea had a decent arc - the depression over her sister, wanting to die, and then becoming an unhinged, loose cannon. It seems that they started softening her up and trying to make her more likeable this season but I think she is far less interesting in this Governor's romantic interest role.
- I wonder if AMC is going to break up the season like last year. 6 episodes now and the remaining ones next spring. Hate when they do that.
- Question for Zombie experts from non-Zomboid:
Can Zombies "learn"?
If not, then perhaps the best thing for the survivors to do might be to sail to an unpopulated island(one of the Channel Islands off LA maybe) and hole up there. The Zombies would not be able to build a boat, sail one, or pilot a plane to get the survivors.
wants to know
- R246, that's probably what coastal survivors have done. The prison is in West Georgia, so the survivors would have to trek across half the country first.
- WTF are they gonna feed the baby?
- I agree with everything r244 said. I keep watching because the make-up is astonishing and I like a couple of the actors but I'd love to see 3/4s of the cast die. Lincoln was absolutely horrible in that scene, but I think Lauren Cohan who plays Maggie is actually terrific and saved that moment as best as could be done.
- r245, eight episodes now and eight episodes in the spring.
- Lincoln was terrific in that scene. If you don't like the show, go back to watch Masterpiece Theater and shut the fuck up.
- Shit, they're breaking up the season again? I hate that!
- Rick and Daryl are filthy. I want to see them take a hot,steamy shower together. Is it wrong that I might also want Merle to join in?
- Yes it is wrong as it would be cruel to Merle. He was a notorious fister.
- I've seen a guy break down just like Rick did...so I think he did a great job at being devastated.
- r251 maybe you should consider stepping away from the television box if this gets you so worked up.
- r253 Darryl and Rick spit-roasting Glen is the scene I would love to see.
- I agree, R253!
And Michael Rooker just said on twitter that Merle should get some action!
And I said it before, but maybe Darryl being gay isn’t such a big stretch. He didn’t want to sex up Carol, and with, I’m guessing, a homophobic big brother -- it could be interesting.
Perhaps his love interest could be that mustachioed prisoner who was checking out his big hog, or that tank of a prisoner who doesn’t beg for his life, but might beg for some ass. Or just that shower scene sounds good.
- It is somewhat amazing that they seemed to trade one black character for one that is nearly a carbon copy. Why bother?
- R246, Michonne did suggest that to Andrea in Sunday's episode. The only problem with it is the supplies issue.
In the remake of Dawn of the Dead, a handful of survivors actually went to an island after the mall became overrun. It didn't end well.
- This is the best thread devoted to a TV show that I've ever seen on the DL.
- Land of the Dead - 2005 zombie movie with John Leguizamo. Zombies learned to cross a river, and since they don't breathe, they were able to stay underwater without drowning.
- Preview of next episode
- I know nothing about do-it-yourself c-sections but do you automatically die? Should Carl have been looking for a needle and thread instead of just standing there?
- Walking dead totally awsome...... is now my 2nd on list....NCIS IS STILL NUMBER ONE. Abby and ziva totally hot...enough said....
- Ncis is better however Walking dead is number 2 on my list....abby and ziva. Enough said
Since she had a previous c-section and she said she felt the baby wasn't coming out, the odds are likely that her uterus had already ruptured before Maggie even cut her open. She was a goner no matter what.
- I liked Carl for the first time. I think his acting was good waiting for the baby to make a sound and when he saw his father...
I didn't like Rick's reaction at all he was like GIMME ME AN EMMY!
- I hate the treacly, but Rick's reaction was well done.
- Next week's description of TWD is Rick deals with another death. I knew Lori was dead meat for awhile T Bone felt like a background charcter. I will miss Carol...
- R268, I was thinking the same thing. I finally liked Carl. I think the writers just penciled in "Carl wanders off and gets into trouble" for most of his scenes.
However, I did like Rick's reaction. It felt very true to life to me.
- Carol's not dead,just missing.
- One broken chain and those zombies were fucking everywhere...
- The only thing that bugs me is that Daryl never retrieves his arrows and never runs out.
- I've seen him retrieve a few R266 but I've wondered that myself. I figured he made a run to the local sporting goods stores.
- So how many episodes are left before the winter break? 1? 2? I HATE it when these networks break up their series like this.
- Eight episodes now (we've seen four, so four more to go) and eight in the spring.
- I like what's going on in the prison.
Bored with the Governor.
- Surprised. Not many shows would have the balls to kill off two of their original three leads.
- I wish they'd show the Governor's ass. He's got an amazing ass!
- What was axe man's motivation for letting the walkers take over the prison? Not a very safe way to eliminate the tribe considering the walkers would eat the surviving prisoners, too.
- I agree with other posters about drinking the Governor's Kool-Aid (tea).
The Andrea of the farm had hardened into a tough and independent chick. I'd have to believe that her time spent on the road with Michonne further fostered that as her new mindset.
The fact that she has relatively quickly become comfortable with the status quo of the life in the village runs contrary to her character.
At first I thought the idea that the tea being some sort of mind control or mood suppressant was goofy. But there is clearly something we don't know about it yet - it was obviously significant given the comment the Governor said to the mad scientist (Dallas Roberts) about how important his tea is.
And we've seen Andrea drinking it, while I think Michonne has consciously avoided it. I think any spunk or independent thought that Andrea has is being suppressed - as it is with all the other residents. Michonne's gotta do a Moonstruck...slap her a few times and shout "Snap out of it!"
Also, I'm very glad they gave an explanation for why Michonne's pet zombies weren't displaying any aggression. Even if the mad scientist turns out to be a really bad guy, at least he provided some good information - even though it's just a theory. When zombies lose their ability to eat, they will lose the urge to attack.
- Interesting that you bring up the tea. I hadn't considered it was being used to control the population.
- Tea and slaughtering all other potential alpha males helps control the population!
- Notice how the townfolk walk around aimlessly like zombies. Or they're bad actors.
- OMG Check out young Herchell!
- And here:
- For anyone who is interested in seeing a young Scott Wilson, IN COLD BLOOD will be aired on Turner Classic Movies Wednesday, November 14th at 1:00 AM cst; 2:00 AM est
Scenes actually filmed in the Clutter house
- Scott Wilson AKA Herschel got busted for DUI in Georgia this past summer, while filming the show.
- I never thought about drugs controlling the town. Andrea is acting like a dumb bitch.
What's with all the zombie heads in the aquariums?
- So yanking zombie teeth will make them docile?
- R291, are you even paying attention?
Removing their jaw and arms does it.
- Everybody giving up on zombies?
- Of note to the Andrea being drugged theory, they made a point of showing her take a long drink from a large water bottle and Merle made note of it - he knows what's going in that lab, too, doesn't he? Perhaps the Dr. played by Dallas Roberts is putting some sort of steroids/cure/antidote in the water supply or building up people's resistance to the zombie virus by flushing them with antibodies ala a flu shot? It could be anything, really. This season rules.
- Boy, the governor is a fucked up dude...
- I think Rick has gone off the deep end...
- WTF is Rick doing?
The Gov is a sicko.
Michonne should have told Andrea what was up.
- The guy fighting Merle is FUCKING HOT!!!!!!
- Where was Lori's body? Isn't Rick in the room where she gave birth?
- I think the zombie consumed it.
- R299 - I think we're to assume that the last walker that Rick was stabbing ATE Lori. That's so gruesome and crazy - how's anyone (Rick) supposed to deal with that?
I really thought that Rick was gonna find Carol hiding deep in the prison. Guess she's really dead.
Ringing phone whaaa?
- They buried Lori, which is why her body wasn't in the room. Though I don't think we've heard the last from her.
I'm really glad the Governor is as fucked up as he is in the comic, though I doubt they're going to go quite as far as the comic did.
Also really enjoyed the nod back to the Cherokee Rose episode from season 2.
- WIth two dueling stories that had to kill off some of the prison characters to save money....that's my guess, and the new prisoners are probably MUCH cheaper. Rick's reaction was pretty dead on, when I found out my Mom was killed in a car accident, I literally threw the phone down and screamed just like him.
- Shit R300 I didn't even think of that but she was dead and a zombie wouldn't bother with a dead body and would leave a big mess.
Rick's gone off the deep end. Andrea is still being a dumb bitch but I think the "zombie games" are a wake up call for her. They should have made Andrea and Michonne a lesbian couple.
- How did they bury Lori? Who went in and got her? They were digging graves, but I don't think anyone was buried.
- I think Carol could still be alive.
- The actress who plays Lori is listed in the credits til Dec. 2. TDawg is not listed. Maybe she will come back in flashbacks. I think Carol is probably alive and hiding.
- Maybe the baby will be immune to the virus. Something to think about.
- Anyone else thought that they would show zombie babies in the day care center?
- I don't like how they're making Michonne out to be some kind of Psychic Negro. She has no logical reason to suspect anything wrong yet. We the audience know it but she doesn't yet.
- I don't know R310. I think the Governor taking her sword and displaying it like a trophy probably set off some mighty big alarm bells at the very beginning. And everything she's found out since then has just pointed to the Gov. being a big ol' ball of crazy.
So .... who's on the phone? Or was Rick hallucinating?
Re: the Governor's zombie head theater room. Am I the only one who thought masterbatorium?
- This show is just getting too gross and graphic.
- I want Rick to take a shower.
- LOL at 313...now people are going to start complaining on how graphic the show is. Isn't this what you wanted? More zombies, more blood? Shock value is wearing off for me, I liked last season better. You had to wait to be shocked, not every two fucking seconds.
- So they pulled the teeth on the zombies in the thunder dome...right?
- We did too R309. We were very disappointed not to seem some bloodthirsty, flesh craving, zombie toddlers.
- R315 - correct.
- R316 - (in a zombie voice)
- Apparenly Darryl is the modern day outlaw Josie Wales.
- carol will kill jump out as a zombie and bite someone.
- Darryl placing the rose on Carol's grave(?) reminded me of Braveheart for some reason with the similiar music.
It's about time Rick went off the deep end! He's held it together so long and has had to make life altering decisions. I say let his murderous freak flag fly.
I see during the celebration, everyone was drinking the punch.
- "IT'S IN THE PUNCH! IT'S IN THE PUNCH!"
- Yep, Lori was eaten. They just said so on the Talking Dead.
- Why would they eat her? I thought they only ate the living. Or was she just fresh enough?
- They ate dead animals at the beginning of the show.
- Did they? I remember them chomping on Rick's horse in Atlanta, but not them eating road kill.
- I think they have to be fairly fresh.
- They gave a clue that Carol is alive in the preview for next week.
- Number one rule on a soap opera if there is no body the person ain't dead...
- I must have missed that clue R328. What was it?
- I also think Rick deserves to have some freak out time. Plus, he’s being productive by killing a crap load of walkers in the prison.
And I can’t wait to see Michonne & Merle fight! I hope they don’t fight to the death though -- I love them both!
Merle’s thunder dome match with that strapping, young hottie was fun to watch! It may have been better if they had fucked during it –- they were in a lot of sexually advantageous positions, after all.
- The scientist in the compound looks like John Ritter.
- I have to say that the English actors on the show do great accents. The governor, Rick, and the chick screwing Glen are all English.
- Why couldn't they use local actors?
- My EYES. =8-( The Talking Dead just showed a sneak peek of the next episode, and the Governor and Andrea start kissing. I'm going to hurl zombie guts into a pail!
- Thought it was cute to see Daryl give the baby some cuddles. Looks like his character's been around the daddy block before. Wonder if there's some history behind his character we haven't seen yet...
- THe reason T dog had so few lines is he didn't get paid as much so if he had under 5 lines of dialogue I think the pay scale is less. Carol is off to reduce the actor payroll since there are so many new actors to pay. IMO.
- R336, was sweet to see the kinder side of Daryl. Love him.
- Andrea has the WORST taste in men. First she pushed aside Dale who wanted nothing but the best for her, the she sided with Shane who was clearly insane at that point and now she leaves Michonne aside to stay with the creepy Governor despite all evidence that he's evil.
- Daryl placing the Cherokee Rose on Carol's "grave"was a nice harkening back to last season.
- I thought Rick would find Carol kill her wrongly thinking she was a zombie...
- I wonder if the three graves are where the bodies are buried or they are just memorials. I really hope they're memorials because I'd like Carol to still be alive somewhere. I like her character.
- That could still be a possibility r341. I never read the comics so I never know what to expect. I'd die if he picks up the phone and the voice on the other end says "Check the children". Or better yet, asks him if his refrigerator is running. If it's an army or national guard unit doing reconnoissance he needs to say "more brains" and hang up.
- With the exception of T-Dawg they are only memorials R342.
- Looks like Rick has gone straight from Emo to Psycho.I want Carol to be alive and alright,hasn't that poor woman suffered enough!
- I guess its safe to say because the comics are so different than the series but just in case...
SPOILER ALERT... in the comics Carol kills herself...
- R,346....you put SPOILER ALERT at the top
* then the spoiler
That being said, one thing I do appreciate in the show is how they sometimes frame a shot with that comic book look....
Like when Glen is standing behind Rick and Rick has the crazy eyes....both guys are in focus, it's a pure comic book layout.
- Wow, so many interesting questions being brought up in this thread!
First off, Producer Glenn Nicotero clearly stated on Talking Dead that the bloated zombie at the end of the show, had eaten Lori.
Basically, he dragged her (hence, the blood trail), and then consumed her. That's why his stomach was so fat. He couldn't move because he ate the whole body. Rick knew it, and that's why he kept stabbing the zombie. Unfortunately, he knew it was futile to try and take her consumed body out of the zombie's stomach, and that's why he was just sitting there in a daze.
The other mystery is Carol. Interestingly, the exec producer Gale Anne Hurd last week on Talking Dead was adamant that Carol was dead, as was Nicotero this week. Both of them wouldn't give spoilers, so I think that they're setting us up for Carol to return.
Daryl was so cute with the baby, as well as leaving the Cherokee Rose on Carol's grave. His character is still the most interesting to me, because he has such a hard exterior, yet he is so gentle and kind. And it doesn't hurt that Norman Reedus is so fuckin HAWT!
I have to say that I really hated the zombie gladiator games. It was so fake! I just don't buy that people who are just months into a zombie apocalypse are already staging entertainment like this. I don't buy it one bit. I have to say that it was the cheesiest thing I've seen on the show in a very long time, and I hope we don't see it anymore. SO DUMB!
However, that Latino guy with the bulging biceps was smokin hot!
I'm already bored with the Governor. So far, he's combing his dead daughter's hair,and staging stupid gladiator games. Yawn. We've already seen the storyline where a lost loved one is kept in secrecy, while the living relative pretends that they're still alive. Isn't that just a re-hash of Hershel's barn?
I don't like the Woodbury storyline. I want to see more running away from zombies, and suspense, and terror. I don't want to see a dumb soap opera unfold in a little "town" that is trying to return to normalcy. I want to see a fucking zombie apocalypse!
As action packed as this season is already, I'm really hoping they kill the Woodbury storyline. It's so lame.
I also hope that next season they replace young Carl with a hot 18 year old Carl who kicks ass, and shows his bad assed self having grown up in this dark world. It would be so much more interesting.
Of course, Michonne will be back next week, because she was never really "released" from Woodbury. I really hope they don't turn her into a hopeless, helpless Andrea character. The previews show Merle rescuing her in the woods, but that would really suck because Michonne is supposed to be a badass chick, not some helpless goof.
Someone please tell me this season gets better.
- Hmm,I watched "Talking Dead" last week and the producer was not adamant that Carol was dead, I thought she was non-committal.
At first I didn't like the gladiator games...then I realized they were staging them like WWE wrestling with the zombies having had their teeth torn out.
That made some sense, cause people are just that stupid.
- So I'm guessing the Govenor isn't just going to let Michonne go right?
- I LOVE zombie gore but I still don't like how easily these zombies are sliced and diced into multiple pieces with just the slightest swish of a sword. Like they're made out of sawdust or something.
- The acting of Rick is laughable...talk about chewing the scenery...it was hard to take....
- **comic spoilers***
Lori is the one on the phone. Rick has gone crazy.
- I thought the zombie arena games were a bit over the top too, but I can see it happening. The governor is crazy and hates biters because of what they did to his family. There's no TV, movies, sports, etc. for entertainment and someone with a twisted mind could decide that this "sport" is great for the masses.
It's possible that many of the townspeople are acting like they like this - the doctor didn't seem that enthused watching. They're taking a cue from the governors reaction.
- I couldn't get through the 3rd installment of this show. The whole zombie concept just seems so unsophisticated a theme. It also gave me flashbacks of the good people I've known throughout life that have succumbed to crack addition.
- Weren't the zombie games in the book more gruesome somehow? I thought they were man vs. zombie - for real? Am I wrong?
- Did anyone else catch the doctor say "there's something in his eyes" about a captured zombie? It would be interesting if they went with a concept of the zombies getting more cunning and developing some primitive intelligence or even holding vague memories of people and places. We've already seen the little girl with the teddy bear (why would a zombie carry a teddy bear) and the black guy's wife returning to the house and trying the knob every evening in the first season.
- Why no gays? Don't any gays survive the zompocalypse?
- Dallas Roberts maybe?
- The Talking Dead guy mentioned last night some "moments" between Michonne and Andrea. They did have a certain chemistry. They were alone and together for 8(?) months? And those two male prisoners?
That Andrea is a horny bitch and I could totally see her being a switch hitter.
It would make sense for people to switch hit in such circumstances especially as the men outnumber the women. I'd think that eventually they would start fighting over women unless they had some other "release".
- Was it my imagination or did the zombies that Michonne found in the cage (and then hacked up) look a little weird? Some of them had really white, pasty looking faces. Made me wonder if these were ones that the doctor had experimented on.
- I can't tell if that doctor is a good guy or a bad guy. Right now he's something of an enigma.
- [quote]With the exception of T-Dawg they are only memorials [R342].
Not exactly. They are graves waiting for the bodies to be recovered. I'm not sure they found T-Dawg's body. The last time we saw him he was being consumed.
- They found parts of T-Dawg. A mangled mess.
- [quote]As action packed as this season is already, I'm really hoping they kill the Woodbury storyline. It's so lame.
I feel the opposite. We have more than enough zombies. The village is mysterious.
- I watched this show at 7pm on Sunday and had zombie dreams all night long.
- I like the town story too. What are they hiding? As Michonne said it looks good on the surface but they are only showing what they want them to see.
I'm assuming that Michonne will find the prison and at some point there will be a showdown between Rick's group and the Governor.
- The Cherokee rose looked really fake to me. It only blooms once a year and the flowers fall apart easily.
- Ok so maybe Woodbury is hiding something, but so far it's been a big snooze, and the zombie games were idiotic.
- R369 try and hang on. I have a feeling that Woodbury is going to get more and more sinister as the season progresses. The Governor will reveal his true self or something will happen to make Andrea attempt escape. The zombie games were only the beginning of her awakening.
- hate that the season will be split up again with final episodes not being shown until feb or March.
- Why so many posters lately complaining about a TV show about zombies walking the earth having unrealistic elements?
- it's not a documentary?
- r351, I too thought the zombies were a little to easy to slice through but since they have been decaying for awhile i guess it's not that unbelivable.
- It would be even gorier and cooler if it took quite a few whacks of the sword to kill off the zombie, as opposed to one quick swipe which cuts through the torso like soft butter!
- [quote]Why no gays? Don't any gays survive the zompocalypse?
In the comic, 2 of the prisoners are gay.
They don't last too long.
- It looks like Andrea attempts to escape Woodbury in the next episode. I think there will be a showdown between the Governor's group and Rick's group at the end of the season.
- The Walking Dead actors still appear to be shocked that the show is such a mega-hit.
- I think this may be the best season of the show!
I usually can't stand Dallas Roberts but for some reason he's not annoying me this time.
- For the fans of Norman Reedus...
The director/producer that was on Talking Dead last night said there was a scene they cut where Maggie and Daryl stop on their motorcycle trip to that nursery and have an apparently emotional conversation. She talks about the trauma of having to give Lori the C-Section and then consoles him about losing Carol. It sounds like Daryl is partly driven to take care of the new baby because it was important to Carol.
He spoke about the cut scene during the on-air broadcast, but he talks about it again on this online bonus segment.
He was also a little evasive about the bodies in those 3 graves. When Chris Hardwick excitedly tried to ask about Carol really being in that grave, there wasn't a direct answer. Both guys started talking at the same time and the only thing that I clearly heard was that Lori's grave did not contain a body. And that's also explained by him (as has already been mentioned here by other posters) because they hadn't recovered her body and bloated belly zombie had eaten her.
- Wasn't Lori eaten by the zombie with the big belly?
Carol is probably hiding somewhere, terrified.
- I saw that show too, R380. It made clear how much stuff gets cut that would help explain some of these questions.
Also, I wanted to comment on the zombie trap...what a good idea! It runs on solar, has a machine making noise to attract zombies who then fall into a pit. You just go and clean them up. For a long term settlement, you could place the traps as a first line of defense.
- Yes R381, Lori was eaten by that zombie. Carol's story is unclear at this time.
If you hate Jamie Lee Curtis/Carol/William Dreyfus (inside joke) I hate to spoil it for you, but that old, grey ragdoll of a hag isn't finished yet. They're not going to turn her into a cause (a la Sophia) but she'll emerge alive as a PSA for PTSD (or menopause or whatever) from a dark corner. Then the core group watches to see if any of her hideous wounds will "turn" her. (Adding insult to injury, clearly.)
This shit spills over the half-season lapse, and [STOP READING, DUMBASS] Merline has to kill her because his neo-Nazi, "pussy" bro can't do the job. Carol, the abused wife/ragdoll/not-that-despondent Mommy, kills Merline in epic fashion.
- Tastless, post-mortem question for Lori.
Who ate you best, Lori?
C) Bloated-belly zombie
- I (heartless) 385.
- I agree with both R348 and R349 regarding the zombie games. I agree with R348 in that the way the games were shot was cheesy as hell, but R349 was right in that people (especially those who now have several levels of their needs met) would still want entertainment. The show is set in rural/small town Georgia and just like the two "Help me, Jesus" prayer scenes in the season two opener, it is likely that people in that part of the country would enjoy a pro-wrestling style show involving the walkers.
- If it does go down that way,it will be good that Carol at least gets to take down an abusive woman hater with her.
- English R384 or can someone else translate Ted C's jibberish? Thanks
- There is a gay couple in the books ... Eric and somebody (I forget) who are found way after the prison, several books in. They were hot in cartoon form at least.
I really like how the show does and doesn't follow the books; and in some cases combines characters and events. Lori didn't die this early in the books (nor alone). I'm very curious what they will and will not take from the books. Some scenes they just can't get away with I'd think.
- After re-watching the episode, I was also wondering if the scientist is good or evil.
He didn’t seem to like the zombie fight club – but was he morally opposed because it’s barbaric & stupid, or was he opposed because he’d rather use those zombies for experiments? He was already in a sour mood because they were using a lot of generator power to make ice & such for the festivities.
And that scene where the Woodbury folks go get more zombies in that trap had me wondering. It looked like a zombie bit his arm, but he had some tinfoil jacket thing on. Then Merle remarked that he wouldn’t make fun of the coat anymore. Did I miss something, or am I reading too much into it?
Nerdy speculation is fun!
- My attempt at translating R384's SPOILERS:
Carol is alive and will be found, but she is seriously injured. The group stands vigil, unable to treat her wounds as they did for Hershel, waiting for her to die/turn so they can destroy her brain. When that does finally happen (in an episode after the break), Daryl is unable to put her down. Merle attempts do it instead and is gruesomely murdered by Carol in the process. This last point implies that the group will move (willingly or unwillingly) to Woodbury at some point.
- R384 here I have a broken arm and painkillers... nothing I type is purty. Carol is injured, and may or may not die. (Note that in previous eps they've been worried about scratches.) Merline leaves the psycho-workshop village and ends up with the gang. He jumps the gun on killing Carol, and she opens her very well sealed can of whupass on him. (She must REALLY miss her vibrator.) He's left either dead or minus another limb, and we STILL won't know if she's going to turn zombie on us. (That's not the big cliffhanger for this season.)
- Regarding Milton (the scientist) and his attitude to the walker fights, I think the answer is: all of the above.
He was annoyed by the waste of resources which were diverted from his experiment and that walkers are better used for research than for staged fights.
I also think he might object to the fights on moral grounds. During the breakfast with Andrea and Michonne, the Governor said that Milton believes that walkers retain some memory of who they once were. If that is true, then how awful to essentially torture them and prolong their agony for entertainment.
One could argue that Milton also tortures the walkers through his research, but I'm sure he feels the end justify the means. This would make him morally ambiguous, but righteous in his own mind.
Finally, I think Milton would find WWE-style entertainment, whether it involved walkers or not, to be stupid.
- R390 - Eric and Aaron
- Is the chick that plays Andrea a lez?? There is something tomboyish or butch about her?
- I was hoping for a baby zombie too. Have we seen one of those yet?
They probably get eaten whole and don't turn.
- So is the idea, the survivors end up in Woodbury? what about Michonne does she eventually meet up with the group as well?
- I like how every one looks apocalyptically sexy. Except Herschel and Carl.
- Dumbest Show Ever
- Dumbest comment ever
- Please... this show is laugh out loud ridiculous.
- I only have seen episodes with Michone (sp?) when she and Andrea got caught by Merle. I didn't watch the show last season, so I don't know if she was in previous episodes.
All she does is scowl and wear the same skin tight clothes every day. And did they really have to have her be so obviously, mutely, scowlingly suspicious from the get go regarding the governor? Couldn't the writers have let the audience be lulled into a false sense of security about Woodbury? It would have been that much more shocking to see the governor do what he did if Michonne hadnt been telegraphing us in capital letters from the first minute that things aren't what they seemed to be.
It seems she is a posturing, one-dimensional character. The female Gary Cooper of the show. Or a female Charles Bronson. The governor really hadn't done anything all that suspicious at the crash site when Andrea and Michonne first see him. The black soldier was turning Into a zombie and needed to have his brain destroyed. And the gov said to never waste a bullet (which makes sense), so he used a knife.
- [quote]So is the idea, the survivors end up in Woodbury? what about Michonne does she eventually meet up with the group as well?
In the comics, Michonne arrives at the prison first, she and Rick end up in Woodbury for a while, bad things happen to them, and they escape.
There is an epic Woodbury assault on the prison which ends that storyline with a huge body count and the survivors move on. Could make a good end-of-season episode.
The comic also has many more characters than the TV show.
T-Dog, Earl and Merle do not exist in the comic.
Sophia is actually still alive in the comic. Go figure.
Who knows what the TV show will do.
Here's what The Governor looks like in the comic.
- R404 Daryl doesn't either in the comics.
I think the producers just loved Norman Reedus and his perfs to make him full time. He's not a member of the regular cast in the first season, just a guest star.
Glad they kept him around. Norman is hot as hell.
Shane was killed off early on in the comics but was kept around through the end of last season.
They're obviously working off a similar template for the comics but not following it directly.
- R404 that's the guy from Machete!
- [quote] And that scene where the Woodbury folks go get more zombies in that trap had me wondering. It looked like a zombie bit his arm, but he had some tinfoil jacket thing on.
It's more of the WWE/redneck trash culture, akin to dog fighting. Have you ever seen those idiots train attack dogs, by wrapping themselves in protective gear, and then taunting the dogs to bite them? Same concept.
These are the reasons why I particularly hate the Woodbury WWE zombie fight. I don't watch that shit in real life, and I certainly don't want to watch it on a tv show. It's not my thing AT ALL. Trash culture to the extreme, and I don't find it entertaining, even to tell a story.
I know that Kirkman is a Kentucky redneck, and he probably wrote the Walking Dead comic book by drawing on his own real-life experiences, but I really hate redneck culture, and all it entails.
I say ditch Woodbury storyline, ditch the prison, and head to DC or Philadelphia, where the story can have more dimensions. Right now, every scene is basically taking place in backwoods Georgia, and when you think about it... that's really lame.
- Btw, was anyone else bugged by Gale Ann Hurd, hovering over T-Dawg during the Talking Dead after show?
That really rubbed me the wrong way, and she reminded me of the Communist Party censors, who made sure that the common folk didn't get out of line and "say the wrong thing" to the media.
Gale Hurd REEKS of corporate overlord, and that permanent scowl on her face, along with her know-it-all attitude, just bugs the crap out of me.
She was like the High School Principal sitting next to the misbehaved student, just waiting to throw him in detention, if he got out of line.
I don't know why all these execs end up on Talking Dead. Is their attempt to get television face time? Or are they really there to censor the actors?
Whatever the case, please never include Exec Producers on the after show again. Okay, Chris Hardwick?
- it seems most people dislike her but I think Carol is the only decent female character (and one of few passable actors) on this show. I like how they've given her a really slow character arc and built her relationship with Daryl (who I also like). Hope she lives.
Poor Melissa McBride hasn't got her name in the opening credits after 3 seasons on the show despite having a more significant role than many of the regulars who do. I think it might have something to do with her connection to Frank Darabont.
- 407: they do head to DC in the comics. I bet they will in the series as well.
I think T-Dog was in the comics ... Real name Tyrese or something, an ex football player? Had a daughter who survived as well.
Having known Sophia was still alive in the comics really made her barn/zombie scene a big surprise for me. The actress playing her sucked, so I wonder if that was part of the decision for the change. Herschel also had like 5 more kids in the books ... Well, for a short time.
And for others who read the comics, I kinda wish the creepy twins made it to the series.
- Like Lost they realized too late the young actors would outgrow their roles so the probably had to get rid of the charcter of Sophia' Either Carl will have a growth spurt or the actor who plays him will get his walking papers...
- [quote]Is the chick that plays Andrea a lez?? There is something tomboyish or butch about her?
Are you asking about real life? She does ping. She pings in her scenes with Michonne too. (Did something happen in those 8 months? )
Laurie Holden in real life is 42 and suspiciously, eternally single.
- Dumbest show ever???? How about My Mother the Car, or perhaps Fresh Prince of Bel Air ? Walking Dead has a helluva lot less dumbness.
- I suspect Laurie Holden (Andrea) is a lesbian. Someone as good-looking as she is, 42 years old, never married and no kids just kinda says "lesbian" to me, plus there's a slightly butch vibe from her.
- Since Rick's over-the-top reaction tp Lori's death TWD has been swimming in shark territory..
- Carol deserves a break or at least a good lay by Daryl.
- R412, Yes. I was asking about the actress that plays Andrea. She played in the movie "The Mist" and she still seemed very butchy even though she was kind of femmed up. Or maybe it's just the Mariska Syndrome (character is butch but actress may not be).
- I notice men over 45 (Dale, Herschel) have survived the zombpocalypse, but no women in that age group seem to have survived.
- Why didn't Michonne know that everybody turns zombie after they die? Rick told his group, didn't he? Andrea should have known that and told Michonne.
- Rick told the group AFTER Andrea got separated from them.
- I just watched the first 3 shows of this series and noticed a couple things.
1) the dead didn't turn so quickly in the beginning, Rick walks past lots of dead people who don't jump up and bite him.
2) early zombies show evidence of retaining some of their past personalities, I.e. the little girl picks up her doll and the black lady tries to get back into her old house.
3) watching 3 hours of Walking Dead guaranteed that I could not fall asleep that night
- [quote]I notice men over 45 (Dale, Herschel) have survived the zombpocalypse, but no women in that age group seem to have survived.
Dale is dead.
- Yes, but Dale survived the initial zombpocalyse. No older women did. I guess menopause slowed them down and they couldn't run fast enough.
- Carol wasn't over 45? Sure looked like it.
- Deleted scenes from the second season.
- Did anyone catch a lezbo vibe between Andrea and Michonne? Dare i say the producers were actually trying to go there.
- I was just wondering the other day how the nursing home survivors were doing. Bummer.
Are we to assume that it was the Governor that raided the place? It seemed like the government "cleaners" were all gone by that point in the story, though it's unclear.
- [quote]the dead didn't turn so quickly in the beginning, Rick walks past lots of dead people who don't jump up and bite him.
Not only that, but in season 1 there were many corpses who obviously didn't have any head wounds yet they didn't turn into walkers, even though they'd all been dead for some time. I assume the "everybody turns into a walker, no matter how they die as long as they don't have a head wound" plot device wasn't thought up by the writers until season 2.
- BTW, thanks r425 for posting those deleted scenes, I didn't know there were any.
- I'm only half watching - why did Merle shoot that little cutie with the curly hair? That son of a bitch...
- He refused to lie to the governor that Michonne was dead...
- So is Merle going to torture Glen and his girlfriend? Will Andrea find out and save them?
- Carol LIVES! Andrea fucks the governor! Glenn kidnapped! Michonne shows up at the prison--with the FORMULA!! It was a busy episode...
The whole phone thing was just weird...totally out of place. But it seemd to set Rick back on track to sanity.
- Andrea has the best and worst taste in men. She's picks 'em like gays do.
- I had no idea what was going on with the phone until I realized it was Rick's internal monologue.
Loved the last shot of Michonne standing at the fence with the walkers and Rick just staring at her like "WTF is this?" Nicely done.
I knew Carol was still alive.
- "Since Rick's over-the-top reaction tp Lori's death TWD has been swimming in shark territory.."
HAVE you ever shockingly lost someone? When I told my Mom was killed in an auto accident I had the exact same reaction. I think he did he research. Maybe you are just a cold. callous gay.
- 428 the virus could be mutating. Just a thought.
- Does anyone know where to download the Talking Dead? Can it be livestreamed anywhere? Thanks!
- Agree with R436. When my sister died, my parents simply couldn't function. My father was on the floor just moaning and shaking: this was a tough marine. My mother was screaming. I was really young and had to handle the funeral arrangements.
- Why don't the zombies want to chomp on Michonne?
Was the curly haired guy supposed to be Indian? He didn't look American Indian or Indian Indian.
- Because white meat is less fattening, R440.
- At Zombie Thanksgiving, who gets the wishbone? And what do they wish for?
- r440 Michonne is covered in the zombie blood and guts, and that somehow masks the scent of a real live person so the other zombies thought she was one of them. Rick and Glen discovered the same thing in season 1 when they were in Atlanta.
- R44, Michonne gutted that walker and she was covered in his blood and entrails so she smells like a zombie.
- How did Michonne know to go to the prison to find the rest of the group? I'm trying to remember if she heard Maggie and Glenn say something about it while she was creepin' but I don't remember them saying anything about where they came from.
Either way, I'm excited that she is finally with them now. I was thrilled at the prospect of them uniting when I saw that it was Maggie and Glenn that she was spying on, then let down when I realized that wasn't going to happen as Merle took them away. But then that closing scene left me pumped up again.
Side note - how awesome is it that Woodbury has chick guarding the wall that can't hit a damn thing with her crossbow?
- r445, Glenn and Maggie mentioned the prison twice.
- I never thought I would say this but I'm liking Carl...
- Michdyke just followed the zombie stream and they were going to the prison...that's how she found it.
Ricky's scenery buffet is getting tiresome.
I was surprised the gov had such a hot bod...you kind of saw his trunk.
- He didn't look too bad did he R448? I'm kind of starting to find him a little bit sexy which galls me because he's so not a nice person.
- Michonne has been hiking around that area and probably has seen the prison.
I love her bringing the baby food. Love that Carol is alive.
Andrea has terrible taste in men.
The archer being such a bad shot indicates to me that the people of Woodbury are mostly not the excellent killers/survivors that rick's group are....if zombies get through the wall these people are toast.
I worry for the golden lab.
- A pretty good body on the gov, esp. for a British guy.
- 436...reel it in, honey. It's a tv show.
- 416...NO. Daryl should be gay. I'm tired of these shows trying to appeal to dittoheads. Let's get a gay character in Daryl. That'll really fuck with them.
- R453, aren't they going by the comic book? Are there gay characters in it?
- R453....if you put a capital R in front of the post number, we can hover over it and see the comment you are referring to.
- So, does Daryl actually love Carol? Is he afraid of having sex with her because he doesn't want to get her pregnant? Or is she, you know, sort of like Cheryl *down there*.
- He might just feel protective of her R456 but, if he does love her, he's probably scared of getting too involved and attached due to the fact that either one of them could get killed at any time.
- I prefer to think it's because she's all brambly down there, R457, and, well, there's probably no Massengil.
- Remember that Daryl started out being like an abused dog...it has taken a long time for him to admit he even has any feelings. Thinking Carol was dead might be a catalyst for him to finally express his love.
- [quote]Michonne is covered in the zombie blood and guts, and that somehow masks the scent of a real live person so the other zombies thought she was one of them. Rick and Glen discovered the same thing in season 1 when they were in Atlanta.
She already knew to use her slaves for the same purpose. She should not have been surprised.
- It makes you wonder...we assumed smell was why she had the walkers. Maybe she thought it was the shambling?
I've heard the walkers were people she knew.
- It was interesting that Darryl said he could only go out and play when Merle was away. Some fucked-up family dynamics there!
- Is that really a spoiler, R461? I thought it was pretty obvious.
- I love Daryl and Carol together (I don't even care if they make it a romantic relationship or not). They are the two best characters on the show by far. I want them to go off together and ditch the rest of these losers (other than maybe Maggie).
- Just being careful, R463.
- I hope if the previous poster was right about Carol turning I hope the rest was right and she gets to rip Meryl's guts out!
- [quote]if the previous poster was right about Carol turning I hope the rest was right and she gets to rip Meryl's guts out!
THat would be MARVELOUS!
- R428 and others...the CDC guy said that we all seem to carry the illness, he was unsure it it was viral, fungal or bacterial (which also seems weird as a CDC guy would have covered bacterial/ fungal identification in his sophomore year in college, not to mention that a shot of amoxycillin would probably take care of a bacterial infection and a fungal brain infection , while no remedy exist could probably be made in no time flat, ) He also noted that the length of time to "turn" varies by individual from several minutes to several hours. The virus may also be mutating.
According to the CDC the infection takes hold of the brain at the base of stem and spreads to the motor control centers allowing the dead to walk, but did not (at the time) affect the higher functions such as memory or identity. It would make a bit of sense that the longer a brain stayed infected the more of the brain might become activated. Likewise with a smaller brain (such as the little girl with the doll).
- The CDC guy was really FUCKED UP to blow up the only place where a cure could be found.
Also, the governor sure looks pasty. What's up with THAT? Why is he so pale? Nobody else is... is the mad scientist dude drawing blood from him and trying to do something with it?
- I suspect Merle was sexually abusing Daryl and this is why he wants him back. In his twisted mind,Daryl is his property.
- I hadn't thought of that r469 but possibly the mad scientist has been doing experiments which allow an infected governor to be normal.
- I don't want to get too Dr. Phil here but I think Darryl is attracted/repelled by Carol because she reminds him of his own Mother. I believe Darryl was physically abused, but not necessarily sexually abused, by his Father. Merle was probably Daddy's favorite and was tasked with keeping Darryl in line when Daddy wasn't around. Darryl's Mother was an abused spouse and was incapable of protecting him. Darryl feels quilt because he was unable to protect her in turn. Carol has a similar history and Darryl blamed Carol for Sophia going missing and not protecting her as a "good" Mother would. It would also explain Darryl taking on the protective Father role with the newborn. He seemed upset that Rick was stepping up and finally taking an interest in his daughter. I like Darryl because he is the most complicated and interesting character on the show.
- I hope Carol doesn't die; she is an interesting character.
- The CDC was predesigned to blow up once power supply to maintain it ceased. It was to assure the viruses etc stored in there couldn't get out.
- r466 I never said Carol TURNED, but Merline tries to take her out all the same. (Mommy issues for him?) Carol, however, kills Merline in epic fashion, and she might as well spit on what's left of him. Maybe she found an old stash of Activia?
I can't wait to see this because it's supposed to be grizzly.
- Questions for anyone, but particularly anyone who has read the comics -
In s2:ep1, Rick's group got stuck in a snarl of cars on the highway. In some cars there were dead bodies that were seemingly untouched. These bodies didn't appear to have been attacked by walkers nor had they turned.
Was it ever explained what killed them? Why didn't they turn? Did they turn, but being zombies, couldn't figure out how to work a seat belt and thus "starved" to (a second) death?
Did the idea that everyone is infected start in the comics or is it original to the show?
- I figured the virus was being breathed in by survivors. Like mold spores.
That little insight into the Daryl/Merle world was pretty interesting. I have no doubt where Daryl's loyalties will lie when the time comes.
Have to say I think the actress that plays Andrea is u bloody awful.
- It would be the coolest thing in the world if Daryl was gay...
- [quote] Also, the governor sure looks pasty. What's up with THAT? Why is he so pale
[quote] I can't wait to see this because it's supposed to be grizzly.
Carol turns into a bear?
- Carol and Michonne will separate from the rest of the group and form their own camp for womyn.
- It would be awesome to see Merle get taken down by a little abused housewife.
- I gotta say when I saw Michonne show up with the baby formula, I got a little choked up. (I know, "MARY!!!!")
The curly headed guy was supposed to be Italian.
- The night of the election to get my mind off of it, I watched the episode where Lori gives birth. Later that night, I had nightmares that Joe Biden was a zombie and was eating me. LOL!!!
- So, was there a gay couple in the prison?
- In the comics there was a gay couple.
- The exiting of Shane has left a huge hole in the eye candy department for me. They need to introduce another stud, ASAP. Rick ain't cutting it.
- I just have a feeling this show wouldn't allow a gay character. There was a lot of pseudo-religious bullshit in the beginning, and this 'dommsday' programming really appeals to the tinhat freepers.
- awww heck, Rick cuts it damn good.
- [quote]I just have a feeling this show wouldn't allow a gay character. There was a lot of pseudo-religious bullshit in the beginning, and this 'dommsday' programming really appeals to the tinhat freepers.
You must have missed the scene in the first episode where the television was on and Pat Robertson was blaming the Zombie Apocalypse on the gays.
- [quote]The exiting of Shane has left a huge hole in the eye candy department for me. They need to introduce another stud, ASAP. Rick ain't cutting it.
Fuck man, you need to catch up with the rest of the country!
- I like Norman as Daryl but I agree he is no hunk. Shane was a very interesting villian and he is missed. They are trying too hard with the Governor. I suspect he will be boiling puppies soon...
It's more effective if the Dueling Banjos from Deliverance is playing in the background.
- Last page! Bump for tonight's episode.
- I think pages go on to 600 posts.
- Glenn is one bad-ass motherfucker...
- Indeed r495.
- Next week will be AWESOME!
- The burning question in my house. Will they kill off the nice black guy AGAIN?
- My burning question is why Rick didn't ask Michonne why the walkers weren't trying to chomp on her, at least at first.
- I think Rick realized she was covered in zombie blood. He covered himself with zombie innards in Season 1. They finally noticed her because of the fresh blood from her gunshot wound.
- Isn't the white prisoner a bad guy? Didn't he let walkers into the prison using a deer carcass?
Why don't they cover themselves in zombie gore when they go out on a mission like heading for Woodbury? They shot up a bunch of them outside the prison. They're bound to come up against walkers when they're on the road. Gut the zombies and cover up.
- I think Rick and Michonne are two messed up people at this point.
Now it seems like Michonne's silence is partially shell-shock.
Why couldn't she say...I've been with Andrea...I feel like I know you guys already! Or hey Daryl! Your brother Merle is alive and creepy.
Or, on the other-hand, why tell them anything if no one probaly will believe you anyway.
It could be a strategy to use Daryl and wait and see what happens.
- No R501 that was a black prisoner who was a buddy of the Hispanic "leader". Rick thought he'd been eaten by zombies.
- r502 i was trying to figure this out too. She couldn't speak at the fence - for the zombies. But later in prison- she could have said something about Andrea.
She was with Andrea for months and Andrea herself said Michonne knew "everything" about her. So Michonne knows the characters she was watching.
Apparently she still doesn't trust anyone and just doesn't speak unless she has to but - even still.
And why didn't anyone notice she was carrying formula... and ask why immediately?
And... why didn't they make it just a tad bit more obvious that Merly and his gang were out to kill her- right away. One simple line of dialogue would have cleared that up and made her clearly the 'hunted' one. But her attacking 'first' made her look overly aggressive and mitigated that situation. plus they made Merle sympathetic with that kid for a bit.
There are just some lazy writing moments. For all the concentration on their monologues the writers are missing basic moments of reality. I'm all about show -don't tell- but they're just NOT explaining things well.
- Best espisode yet.
Glenn is a badass now!
- Not as long as he stays QUIET, r498.
Notice he's not saying much these days. He learned from TDog.
- I'm still amused by the poor direction which leads to groups of the walkers appearing from nowhere at the drop of a hat. With all of their snarling and growling, it's not like the walkers can sneak up on someone. Yet almost every episode features a zombie horde of one size or another that has somehow executed a stealth massing around the humans. You'd think they would start watching their backs.
Almost as amusing are the walkers that are left to wander or stalk their prey instead of being killed on sight. The walkers around the prison fence can easily be killed but the humans just let them stand there clawing at the fence. They also left that solo walker along the side of the road as the humans parked their promotional vehicle on their way to Woodbury in tonight's episode. I understand the need not to waste ammo or make much noise; but these humans are reasonably efficient and methodical zombie killers. Taking out any lone walker should be as easy as blinking for them and it should be a priority.
- If she had mentioned the brother, there wouldn't be the surprise when Daryl and company run into him.
- In the woods, I thought they were going to let Michonne take out that hoard. She's supposed to be a bad ass who's lived on her own for ages now.
She just stood there because... ? What was she doing?
- [quote]Almost as amusing are the walkers that are left to wander or stalk their prey instead of being killed on sight. The walkers around the prison fence can easily be killed but the humans just let them stand there clawing at the fence. They also left that solo walker along the side of the road as the humans parked their promotional vehicle on their way to Woodbury in tonight's episode. I understand the need not to waste ammo or make much noise; but these humans are reasonably efficient and methodical zombie killers. Taking out any lone walker should be as easy as blinking for them and it should be a priority.
This. After the hoard trampled the fence at the farm, I would think they'd be concerns with zombie gatherings.
- Does anybody watch that comic book show with Kevin Smith? I'm not being sarcastic. Is that show interesting to people who like comic books?
And does Kevin Smith own any shirts that aren't hockey jerseys? Does he ever wear real pants?
- Watching The Talking Dead.
I want CM Punk. Badly.
- Why does Andrea stroll around everywhere with that shoulder bag, like she's going to Walmart for shampoo.
- Jeez R504 who are you, Richard Fader of Fort Lee NJ?
[quote]She was with Andrea for months and Andrea herself said Michonne knew "everything" about her. So Michonne knows the characters she was watching.
Andrea doesn't know about the prison, why would Michonne know this rag tag group were the people Andrea was talking about?
[quote]Apparently she still doesn't trust anyone and just doesn't speak unless she has to but - even still.
She was shot, she was in pain and shock.
[quote]And why didn't anyone notice she was carrying formula... and ask why immediately?
They did, the red basket is what got Rick's attention. They did ask her as soon as they got her inside. You can't talk by a walker or they know you are dinner.
- Was Glen's thumb the only finger that was free for him to use? Otherwise, wouldn't it be better to use your middle finger in the zombie eye? It's longer and would penetrate the brain better.
- When a zombie is decapitated, it doesn't destroy the brain. It just separates the head from the neck. Theoretically, the brain is intact, so the head is still alive, so you could be bitten on the ankle by a decapitated zombie head that's just lying around. Like people who have been bitten by decapitated snake heads.
- How would Michonne know that Darryl is Merle's brother? I don't remember Merle whipping out a poster-sized family tree illustrated with photos when he abducted Glenn and Maggie. All she witnessed was a guy from Governor's Town abducting two strangers. He mentioned a brother but its not like she could pick Darryl out of a lineup based on a conversation she might have overheard while she was hiding and watching.
- Michonne did hear Merle ask Glen and Maggie if his brother was alive and Glen said yes. So she knows Merle's brother is at the prison. She could have mentioned that the guy who took Glen and Maggie recognized Glen and has a brother at he prison. And he has a knife instead of a hand.
- I was thinking the same thing R513.
- Me too R519. What the hell is in that thing? I know it's not money, credit cards and lipstick.
- Andrea's a skanky ho.
- You and me both, r512. You and me both.
- You ever been bit by a dead bee?
- It was really nasty of Rick to slam Michonne in the gunshot wound after she said the person who took Glenn and Maggie was the same son of a bitch who shot her. There was no reason for that.
- I hate that next week is the final last episode until March(?) when Season 3 picks up again.
- The scene between the Governor and that girl was one of the most terrifying moments in the entire show. Ironic that this is a show about the undead and the creepiest scene was something like that. It was like, "OMG...don't go there." I was scared for that girl the whole time.
- They talked about that on The Talking Dead R526. They were all "don't go there". The Gov was just fucking with her head though.
Did anyone see the sneak peek when Michonne finds the Gov's daughter and is about to take off her hood after?
- [quote] The walkers around the prison fence can easily be killed but the humans just let them stand there clawing at the fence
Yeah, the could at least set them on fire if they don't want to waste bullets. Or Daryl could just go down the line poking them in the eye with one of his arrows.
- I'm finding that every time there is gore like the eye coming out of the zombit Glenn stabbed, or the the zombies feeding on that guy's intestines, I cough and gag. I guess I could never work in an ER.
- I thought the writers/director brilliantly showed how the sexual subjection of Maggie was way crueler than the beatdown Glenn received.
- I missed the back story on the old guy in the bed. What was that about?
- Glenn would never have kept all of his teeth after that beat down
- I was uncomfortable with the Governor hugging Maggie in front of Glenn.
- The old guy in Woodbury was dieing of cancer and volunteered to be a test subject to see if any memories remained after zombiefication.
- I hope they kill that snarky mexican muscle guy that works for the Governor,he's just an asshole.
- They are all assholes R535...
- Yeah R356 but he has that frat boy tough guy wanna be attitude plus he pointed his gun at Maggie's head when Glenn picked up that table leg so he's a bitch too.
- Merle will think new black is T Dog or T Bone. They look just alike...
- I don't see any reason why the governor and Merle kept Glen and Maggie alive. The governor is obviously a serial killer. It's seems he would kill both of them just for convenience sake.
- Yeah, he's probably dying to add them to his collection of heads....
- Gratuitous but shot of Andrea. I wonder how disposable Andrea will become to the Governor...
- I'd say very R541. Ultra creepy how he repeated what he said to Maggie to her.
I bet it pissed him off that she didn't knock when she entered either. Andrea got real comfortable real fast. She's in for a rude awakening.
- [uote]Why does Andrea stroll around everywhere with that shoulder bag, like she's going to Walmart for shampoo.
That's where she keeps her personables. She don't want no Zombies lookin' at her Tampax!
- [quote] Why couldn't she say...I've been with Andrea...I feel like I know you guys already! Or hey Daryl! Your brother Merle is alive and creepy.
Talking Dead guests that it's definitely for leverage. She has the most information on both sides, and being the suspicious person that she is, Michonne only reveals what she needs to reveal. Information is power.
The Governor really is a creep. I wonder what is really motivating him. It can't be his daughter, since she's already dead. Michonne should have killed him when she had the chance. Sword, right through the brain.
Nice to see Carol back. I wonder what was the point of having her go missing for two episodes. Seems so random.
Also random was the paranoid hermit. Are we to assume that he didn't know there was a zombie apocalypse? He said he'd "call the cops," which presumes there are still people in the world who don't know what happened. That's an interesting little tidbit.
So the baby's name is Judith? That's odd.
Why did the Governor seduce Andrea, but he was violent with Maggie? Is it because Andrea's stupid? Why didn't he pull that shit with Michonne?
Seriously, I have more questions than answers.
- Really? You think the faux rape trip of the gov was worse than Glen's beating?
Ooooo poor defenseless woman had to show her tits and be subjugated...oooo he's going to fuck me...really there is a zombie apocalypse going on.
She couldn't just show her tits and say have at it big boy and diffuse the power? But no, she's a weak woman.
In the meantime Glen is beaten to a pulp.
- I think the Gov kept them alive so they'd be available to question some more if Maggie lied.
Thanks R544 for the Talking Dead info on Michonne.
I think the hermit was crazy...not unaware. The dude snapped.
"Judith" reminded me of the bible story of Judith and Holoferenes...she cuts off his head...so maybe it s a good name for a zombie apocalypse baby.
Though little ass-kicker rules.
- Painting of "Judith"...
- Good Point r547.
[quote]How would Michonne know that Darryl is Merle's brother?
It wouldn't be hard to figure out. Darryl is the most red neck of the group. Hershel would be to old. She knew Carl is obviously Rick's son and Merle didn't mention a 'nephew'. Darryl is the obvious choice plus they would have the same accent and dialect. That's not rocket science.
- The moment when Darryl was steeling himself to open that cell door was gut wrenching. Jesus. That and when Rick realized he was hallucinating were both really good acting moments.
- Really r521? REALLY?
Like you wouldn't be all over it?
Can't a girl get laid when the opportunity arises? She hasn't seen the Gov.'s dark side and he's really charming and handsome.
- Imagine there's no medical care. If you get a toothache, your tooth has to be yanked. Diabetes? You're gonna die. Irritable bowel syndrome? You're gonna get left behind, literally and figuratively. People will be ugly and smelly in the zombie apocalypse. And of they lose their glasses, they're gonna be all squinty trying to figure out if that's a zombie on the other side of the field.
- haha R550 she also screwed Shane, who was a psycho. She should have gone for Daryl, then I'd respect her.
- [quote]And of they lose their glasses, they're gonna be all squinty trying to figure out if that's a zombie on the other side of the field.
This terrifies me so much since I'm very near sighted.
[quote]The walkers around the prison fence can easily be killed but the humans just let them stand there clawing at the fence
I know they haven't said anything on the show, but in the comics they made a point to say some zombies around the perimeter could act as another barrier between them and any outsiders who might want to come into the prison.
- [quote] Imagine there's no medical care. If you get a toothache, your tooth has to be yanked.
That terrifies me more than zombies, no anesthesia.
- So I'm thinking that the black guy from the prison is a goner?
- Is Andrea playing the Governor?
- I recently had a tooth infection that needed a root canal and I cannot even imagine having to go through that in a world with no medical/dental care. Fuck!
I agree that Andrea has turned into quite the stank ho, and she's gotten too comfortable too fast.
I looked up David Morrissey (the Governor) and was surprised to learn that he's almost 50! He barely looks 40.
- No, sadly Andrea is not playing the Governor.
She just has horrible taste in men...or at least she's blind to the craziness in them.
- I'm really disappointed in Andrea. She started with the potential to be a real badass, fucked bad boy Shane, more as a tension relief/horny thing. Now, she's got blinders on and is being willfully blind and stubborn about Woodbury and all she's thinking about is the Gov's dick. Now, it looks like Michonne/Maggie are the badass women. Even Carol is starting to get more fans.
- On Talking Dead a guest suggested that Andrea looks for the Alpha guy that is going to get her through the apocalypse.
Also...I wish someone would do a photo shop of Baby Judith as Shane's kid vs. Rick's kid.
- I was thinking the same thing, R545. I was so hoping she would rip off her shirt and say "here...you LIKE these tits?? This is what you want you big ole perv??"
- r545, r561 just curious. Are either one of you women, and have either one of you ever been sexually assaulted?
- Who gives a fuck what gender we are, R562, or if we' ve ever been "sexually assaulted". It's a TV show and they could've written and filmed it anyway they wanted to.
She can stab and shoot zombies in the head without batting an eye, but is all shy and timid showing her tits. Give me a break.
Have you ever been in a zombie apocalypse?
- I'm saying it's not unrealistic for woman in that position to be terrified. Not at all.
She was still brave and told him essentially to go to hell. It was only when Glenn was threatened that she caved.
And you can fuck off.
- LOL r551. I'd been dead of a heart attack last year.
I was about to add cramps to that list but women also wouldn't have all the stuff to make their cramps so bad in the first place. No easy access to caffeine, or alcohol or crap food. (Or much of any food for that matter. )
- Well, I guess you told me, asshole.
Anywhoo, back to the show...
- Look bitches, I've just spent an entire year getting my ass chased all over Georgia by cannibal zombies who, by the way, chomped my sister and I had to blow her goddamned brains out. So right now I just want to kick back, take some r & r, drink whiskey and fuck. I think I've earned it. Peace.
- I am a guy who has never been sexually assaulted but I know at least six women who would have ripped off their shirts and shouted "What you want to see my tits you pasty ol perv?"- they are
That chick at the GnC store-
- Remember that Maggie is a pastor's daughter. She is tough, but she isn't some sexed up tart. It took a lot for her to "give herself" to Glenn, if you don't remember. So she is exactly the type of woman to feel terrified in that moment.
I'll also add that if it was just about showing off her tits, it would be one thing. She knew and the audience knew that the treat of a brutal rape was hanging heavily in the air. We all THOUGHT he was going to do that to her. I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of women would be scared if they thought they were just about to be raped.
- How and when does the Governor die in the comic?
- In a massive assault on the prison (complete with a tank) r570.
A repeatedly raped Michone sliced him up and left him for dead in Woodbury. His return is a surprise. That's also when Lori dies in the comic along with others.
I'd expect it to be the season finale, as its the end of their stay at the prison.
- The governor is hardly "handsome." He's hideous. And smarmy. And he was from the start. Stop drinking that casting Kool-aid.
Also, why do the zombies run around in Little House on the Prairie outfits? It's ridiculous.
- How very nice for you to state such a thing for all the womenfolk in your life, r568. Good thing you're here to speak up for how they should behave when threatened with rape. I'm sure they would appreciate it.
- I think Michonne won't mention Merle to Daryl because she wants them all to go on the assault on the compound. Daryl might have issues with going if he knew his brother were there, or maybe he'd try to contact his brother and give them away or something.
- r572 I've noticed that too. The zombies are all dressed alike. None of them seem to be wearing "modern" clothing, esp. the women. And none of them are in various stages of undress, or completely buck-ass naked, as many of them would be in reality. Of course it's just a tv show but I notice things like that.
- [quote]Also, why do the zombies run around in Little House on the Prairie outfits? It's ridiculous.
This season is supposed to be 10 months into the zombie apocalypse.
The zombies are supposed to be sun weathered, starving, dehydrated, and dirty.
I don't think the costume dept. got it exactly right.
Realistically (for zombies) they should be mostly "lurkers" by now. Sitting quietly, conserving their energy until "food" comes near them. They can't possibly have enough energy to just walk around for 10 months straight. They'd be perpetual motion machines.
This is the flaw in long-term zombie fiction.
- [quote] tart. It took a lot for her to "give herself" to Glenn, if you don't remember.
WTF? Are you watching the same show? She jumped Glen's bones on their first trip to the pharmacy. He was shocked.
- R574...I think you got it right.
- You're welcome, bitches.
- Are we really nitpicking the reality of the zombie apocalypse? Because if we are I don't give a rat's ass about what they're wearing, what I want to know is if these things are dead and decaying why do they still ooze out bright red blood and how the hell can they eat anything if they're already dead? I'm pretty sure the digestive system would be next to useless to a corpse.
- Some of the newer genre of the "zombie" flicks have eschewed the eating human flesh and just made them rabidly violent animals who will tear you apart like 28 Days Later and Pontypool R580. That's a lot more realistic.
- R580= simpleton who doesn't understand you can try to proffer internal logic and be creative and fun!
Go back to the Hallmark Channel.
- I would imagine that new walkers are made all the time, so the more 'fresh' walkers are people who died more recently. So maybe the 10-month old walkers are just sitting somewhere, but people must still be dying daily for a fresh batch. It doesn't explain the shit clothes though.
- Truly, where are the zombies in skinny jeans and Converse, because that's what we'd be seeing a few miles out of Atlanta.
- Here is a long, kind of interesting, Walking Dead discussion from The Atlantic magazine.
- Zombies live outside most of the time, trolling for brains. They don't wash. They don't do laundry. They go traipsing through woods and swamps and in prisons and on farms. They stumble around. They get dirty. They tear their clothes on fences and branches and barbed wire.
The show could do some fun things with the zombie clothing, though. Graphic tee shirts. . "I Went to Atlanta and All I Got Was (rest of shirt ripped off).
"Jesus Saves." They could have a Yankee fan zombie, an Old Miss zombie, a zombie in a Tupac shirt, a zombie wearing a Romney/Ryan button.
- Yep, I've seen those R581 and I liked those two. I've seen pretty much all the zombie related stuff and read most of the Walking Dead graphic novels and I love World War Z (the novel). I was just commenting (and half joking) that if we're going to get nitpicky, there's more important stuff than clothes we can pick apart.
- Do the comics ever hint at what caused the dead to walk in the first place?
- Sadly, the R85 article from the Atlantic is truly too long and too uninteresting, and way way way too self-important sounding.
- Winter finale Sunday.. show returns in April of next year.
I hate this split season trend.
- Why isn't the governor's daughter making zombie noises when Michonne sees her? Is there some kind of rhyme or reason to when zombies make their grurgle (growl/gurgle) sounds and when they don't?
- She was kind of making noises R591. Kind of like raspy breathing or something. Certainly a noise that would put me on alert.
- Raspy breathing; check
Sack on head; check
Hands bound and covered by sack; check
Zombie apocalypse; check
All of this equals
"Come here, sweetie!"
- LOL @513!!! Once she morphed into the badass sharpshooter, she ditched the purse. Now, she is back to the clueless Andrea that we saw in season 1 (green shoulder bag and all).
- R15 don't they have to die to turn? Or can they turn just from being bitten? I thought the same about Hershell. His blood stream would have been infected pretty quickly. Yet cutting off his leg did the trick. That's why I thought maybe they have to die to turn.
- I gave this show a shot not too long ago because no one would shut up about it and I was deeply disappointed. TWD has got to be the most overrated show in the past 5yrs. Right up (or down) there w/ Lost and Family Guy. Lots of attempts to stretch a barely there zombie apocalypse plot line that goes nowhere, not to mention the insufferable subplots meant to strengthen character dynamics but are just boring and trite.
- r594, to be fair, someone with a bag over their head, especially a child, would sound like they had laboured breathing.
Maybe that is what Michonne assumes is the cause of that noise.
- I meant r593
- The next thread has been created.