- If you wanna shout, you get shouted back. If you hit, be ready to get hit back.
Don't start something you cant finish. Why do fish think they get to hit people and not get hit back because they have a vagine?
- This happened in Cleveland. I've posted the local url so you can see the police report. Sha'dea is 25 and was drunk according to witnesses. She not only hit the driver while he was driving the bus, she spit in his MOUTH.
Bitch is crazy.
You goin to jail now bitch!
- Fish can't hit; they don't have arms.
Go back to class, asswipe.
- Bus drivers have to deal with a lot of shit from a lot of people each and every day. I don't blame this man for punching that bitch.
- I hope he doesn't lose his job. She threw the first punch while he was driving. It seems as if they need security on some of these public transport systems.
- Did he rip off her fake ponytail and throw it out into the street? Brilliant, sir.
- You can't really see what she did to him becaue the guy in the vest was blocking the camera's view, but it seems pretty clear that he grossly overreacted.
- r7, once she put her hands on him it was open season. Women think they can do whatever the fuck they want to a man and get away with it. If she were a guy no one would say anything. Like the bus driver said "You wanna act like a man, I'll treat you like a man!"
- I agree with r7. And I would say the same exact thing if it were a man (and I suspect most of you would too).
- The guy should be applauded. And why in the fuck didn't the RTA employee in the orange vest toss the bitch as soon as she started running her jibs?
- I remember one time I was on a bus and this woman gets on and just starts whaling on the driver. And of course the phone I had at the time didn't have video capability else I'd have recorded that.
Some RIPTA drivers deserve to get beat on.
- I wanna see either party interviewed by Anderson Cooper or Piers Morgan.
I wonder who each of The View's members will side with.
- harrassing the driver while he is doing his job threatens the safety of the whole bus, and the guy in the orange should have stepped in and taken her away so she could not jeopardize the rest of the passengers' safety.
once she hit the driver and spit IN HIS MOUTH... there is no such thing as over-reacting on his part.
The idea that someone who is attacked should somehow moderate his defense and only neutralize the situation is ridiculous. As you can see, it is over/ finished/ and she comes back and tries to hit him again even after it is finished.
He has to finish it by any means necessay to protect himself.
- She shouldnt have touched him. Here is a clearer video of what happened:
- He's been suspended. He'll probably lose his job.
- She was 25 or a teen?
- thank goodness it's not a racial thing this time. That bitch was lucky the driver wasn't female. He went easy on her ass.
- R17, describe the normal scenario for us then. Who is the driver usually, and who is the passenger?
- i hope he sues the city for wrongful termination and defamation.
- [quote]it seems pretty clear that he grossly overreacted.
Next time you walk onto a plane, slap the flight attendant R7. I guarantee you will get a lot worse treatment than that bitch got even if the plane is parked at the gate.
- R19 a female driver would have went harder at her for sure. This girl needs to learn you can't go around treating people like shit and expect no consequences.
- I have ZERO sympathy for the passenger. She deserved everything she got (and much more)!
He should NOT lose his job. I have already emailed the Cleveland RTA to provide my support to the driver.
- I work in an inner city school, and I see behavior like this among girls everyday. And they are used to people backing down.
However: Gay men don't back down from these girls, and that's something I've seen all my life. And apparently, neither do old black men.
Girls: Get some manners and hush yo' mouth.
- I wish workers in communal places could legally use taser guns on people who get unruly in public. There would be way fewer cases of people getting out of control like this.
- I love seeing mouthy bitches get beaten down.
Talk shit, get hit.
- Never leave home without my pepper spray.
- Seriously, i wouldnt mind bus drivers being armed with tasers. They should have that in the vent someone tries to assault them. There are other people's lives at stake when someone assaults a bus driver.
She wanted to get into it, she got into it.
- DL is usually insane in his celebration of violence against females but here I've got to side with the bus driver. Is he supposed to do his job, of driving passengers around, while being punched, screamed and possibly spat at? She got the consequences she well deserved.
- It is a felony to assault a New York City MTA employee.
The driver did the right thing, he is the "captain of his ship" and responsible for maintaining order.
- this isnt a gender issue. it is a public safety issue. Dont try and play the gender card when it is inappropriate.
- She sure deserved to be shoved off the bus promptly. He couldn't control himself and punched her like she was another man. I don't think we want someone who can explode in that way when pushed. She got the wrong one.
I see this type of tough acting girls on a show called Pawn Stars. They make the show. They are surprised when the greedy owners get right back in their face. Everyone hates these women. They usually can't handle their alcohol.
- I told you I was hardcore.
- Permit me a mary moment. To me, this is a tragedy.
Black bus driver makes shit money. Black female passenger makes shit money.
Some dumb-ass squabble and their lives are turned over.
In the meantime, the people in power don't fight amonst themselves like that.
As long as we direct our mute rage toward one another, the owners are safe.
Told you I was having a mary moment
- She was just mouthing off when he punched her so it wasn't self defense. Drivers can't go around assaulting passengers.
- She put the other passengers in danger and got just what she deserved.
- um, excuse me. she hit him and spit in his mouth... and she was there in striking distance again. Sorry, NAN, you dont win this time.
- Lots of black women have extremely bad attitudes. They're hostile and pugilistic and they just LOVE getting in people's faces.
They wear bedroom slippers outdoors and smack their gum and cherish their cellulite.
I just try to ignore them.
- Best response ever.
- That was such a Rock 'em Sock 'em punch the other stupid bitch probably had to push the SHE A FEMALE's head back down.
The dumb cunt deserved it.
- She deserved what she got. I think her mouthing off and complaining by itself was justification. People need to be taught to show some respect to people who are just trying to do their job.
- I don't quite get it. You get on the bus, you pay your fare, you find a spot to sit or stand. At what point do you start bellowing at people and throwing your weight around? It is a 10 second exchange with the driver at most, so how does it end up with that madness from either party?
- I really hope that bus driver doesn't lose his job.
- Well, she was drunk, R43. So any slightest anything could have been interpreted as a provocation or aggression. No excuse. But you're question stands. I'm curious about the rapid escalation. I can't make out anything that's being said beyond a word here and there.
- she had it coming! *cues Chicago*
- black fish love to play that game of i can get right up to within a hair of your face or space without touching you so i can intimidate you but you cant react to it becasue i havent actually touched you and if you touch me first no matter how much i have tried to instiage or intimidate, you are at fault... Glad she got cold cocked. Wonder how that jaw is feeling about now... beeee-otch.
- Nigga done got CURB stomped.
- K.O.!!! That was some Mortal Kombat shit! FINISH HER
- I can't stand videos edited like R40's. Everyone seems to be doing that shit on Youtube these days...thinking cutting to a new clip every two seconds makes their one-liners funnier. It's annoying and obnoxious. Just say your piece and be done with it.
- Cleveland is a joke. Did you read how they went undercover and found that black Cleveland bus drivers were letting black folks ride free over 90% of the time but making white and Latinos pay.
And when this was exposed, the black community cried racism against the newspaper and TV station.
- Maybe she was upset that he asked for money?
- Btw Is it known if that bus monitor, who got harassed by those little punks, ever got the money? I hope their will be an outpouring of solidarity for this guy too. People should not have to take that treatment lying down, not from teenage punks and not from adults like this crazy bitch.
- [quote]Women think they can do whatever the fuck they want to a man and get away with it.
100% agree. You could hear someone on the bus shouting "She's a female!" as if that somehow absolves her of any responsibility in the situation. Some women think they can get physical with a man and not have some special protection against retaliation. Fuck that.
- [quote]Some women think they can get physical with a man and not have some special protection against retaliation. Fuck that.
It's called a special invisibility cloak, like duh?
- Wow, 80% of DL thinks cold-clocking a woman is "justified." Nah, officer, no misogyny here!
- How the fuck does it matter that she is a woman, idiot? What about thinking a 25 year old lunatic who attacks an elderly bus driver deserves to be cold-clocked.
- [quote]How the fuck does it matter that she is a woman, idiot?
Hmmm, let's see: 220 lb man punches 100 lb black teenager in the face. Nah, nothin' wrong wit that, my nigga!
- Then maybe the 100 lb black teenager shouldn't have hit the 220 lb man first.
- Someone left this comment on one of the sites linked to here:
A simple public records background check shows that this fine young lady has a history of theft, disorderly conduct, assault, obstructing official business, telephone harassment and menacing. Mansfield area. See a pattern????? Lock the filth up.
Yes please, lock that filth up. I'm not sure I agree with the uppercut, but I can definitely see his frustration and losing it for a second. Unfortunately this man has a job that requires him to have to deal with the public in a way that doesn't involve violence. She had that coming to a certain extent, but this is not a man with a temperament for dealing with difficult passengers. He should retire and she should go to jail.
- Yep, R59, bitch was ASKING for it! Just like any little kid threatening their parents with ridiculous drama is just DYING to be punched!
- I'm sorry that sort of "ghetto" behaviour is disgusting. From both parties.
- She is 25, on the height of her bodily fitness. She is not 100 pounds.
Still she seems to be weaker than him, so that means he must let her punch and spit on him as she sees fit and not get worked up, because hey, it's just a girl? Fucking insanity. She chose to attack him and deserves the same reaction as any adult. If she is too weak to fight, well than she is a moron to start fights, isn't she? Valuable lesson right there.
- Now she is a little kid, lunatic at R61? So women should be treated like toddlers forever? Aww, now she spat in his face. She is just so lively and adorable!
- Did you have to state that you are 'black',op? I seem to recall actor Matthew Fox slugging a female bus driver...
There are a lot of crazy people out there, of all stripes.You knew exactly what you were doing by posting that video.
- [quote]Yes please, lock that filth up.
Goodness, yes: please fill our prisons with black women guilty of minor crimes! We don't have enough white women imprisoned for such offenses, and never mind that it costs $100 billion a year to imprison these people, locking them up is MUCH better than tryin' to rehabiliate a nigga!
- They put her cell phone on the police report, wonder how many angry men have called her by now?
Battering a city employee is not a minor crime R66, that would be a felony and that bitch deserves to be in jail. Wonder how many kids she would have to send to their 40 year old Grandma's house, while she's getting her ass beat by women who have gotten a lot worse than an uppercut.
- A refresher on the Matthew Fox incident:
- According to the article, the bus driver is 22, not "elderly." She shouldn't have touched him (and I don't even understand what started it in the first place). But since he had to pursue her in order to attack her, his attack wasn't in self-defense so much as it was in anger and revenge. I think he could have just as easily kicked her off the bus without getting as violent as he did.
- No, R69, the driver isn't 22 years old. He's a 22 year employee of the transit system, so the driver is probably in his 40's.
- R70, he's 59 years old, it says so in the police report.
- He was wrong to punch her. Period. She was a jerk, yes. She apparently spit on him and may have touched him. But his response was over the top. I could see if he stopped the bus and ordered her to get off OR even taken her arm to lead her off. These bus drivers - especially one who has been on the job so long - should know how to handle unruly passengers. He should have stopped the bus and called the police; if she hit him I would even think he would want to call the police and file a complaint of assault. But violence is not always the answer to violence.
And, R51, Cleveland is not a joke. There are a lot of great things happening here. There are crazy people everywhere and one or two negative stories does not make a city bad. If that were the case, New York City, LA, Chicago, Miami, etc would be the armpits of the nation.
- [quote]thank goodness it's not a racial thing this time.
Yes, it's just a concerned thread by a pack of gay men who just incidentally hate women and black people.
- That bus driver is black, you might have noticed?
- For all the people questioning why the incident escalated so quickly, we have no idea how long this was going on before someone started recording.
- Cold cock, not cold clock.
- If the punch killed her this thread would be very different
- Funny how gay men gloat when women get physically beat down; we'd never get that many "happy that bitch/cunt/fish got fucked up" if a man had behaved exactly that way towards a bus driver.
- I agree that DL doesn't like or support many women, or black people. But I think this has more to do with frustration over all the entitled assholes out there that you can't just slug. And really want to. And living vicariously through this guys punch.
I pretty much am.
- R78: True, and you'd never get all the "ghetto/hoodrat/those people" comments, to say nothing of a wholly gratuitous Michelle Obama photo, if the people involved weren't black and the posters (including OP) weren't white racists.
- The Michelle Obama pic makes me LOL!
- The thing is: He was at work and she wasn't.
He was representing his employer and is expected to respond responsibly. He should have called in transport or municipal police and let them arrest her.
His lack of self-control will, rightly, cost him a job -- and his employer a huge financial lost.
You may be gloating at this horrible woman getting a smack down, but she will get the last laugh. She's going to wind up with more money than most of you after her law suit.
- So what's on her Ipod?
Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
You Rock My World - Michael Jackson
Rosa Parks - Outkast
Love TKO - Teddy Pendergrass
- "The Main Event"
Ice Cube - Check Yo Self (Before You Wreck Yo Self)
- Learned a great lesson from an MBTA driver in Boston once. He was being besieged by a group of four thugs who seemed intent on hurting them for ejecting them from the train. Knives were coming out, so he grabbed one of them and got him in a choke hold. Then he told the others he would break their friends neck if they didn't leave. He got the back doors open and a group of people left to call the cops. Everything turned out all right.
Years later I was being hassled by a group of 9 or 10 year olds who were intent on swarming me and robbing me. I did the same thing as this bus driver. ( I'm a woman 5' 5" and 120lbs.) Only I was on a wharf and threatened to chuck the kid in the water. His friends took off, and I was not robbed that day.
- Her weave was found in God's attic.
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round
5ive - When the Lights Go Out
Olivia Newton John - Lets Get Physical
Beck - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes
Elton John - I'm Still Standing
Faithless - Muhammad Ali
Paul Oakenfold - Starry Eyed Surprise
Blu Cantrell - Hit 'Em Up Style
Thompson Twins - Doctor Doctor
- MORE PEOPLE SHOULD DO THIS! SHE'S A CUNT!
- Wow R86, that's some story.
- I'm glad he hit her because she had it coming, but I agree it was the wrong thing to do. If he wasn't on the job - fine, have at it because you're protecting yourself. On the job? You have to find other ways. Plus, he would have had a really good case for assault against him, particularly for spitting in his mouth.
- Magic Bus
- R86, you are awesome!!!! I bet those brats never forgot that.
- What pisses me off is that the other passengers are giggling and videotaping this and enjoying the entertainment. Even when she hits him and spit on him all they do is "Ohhh" but when he DEFENDS HIMSELF they wanna step in and say "Oh, she's a female, you bad bad bad man"
Fuck this shit. This bitch got what she deserved. This is the new millennium BITCHES... you want full equality, you got it!
- He did a Mortal Kombat move on her.
Wendy Williams should have them on her show and Wendy should give that trash a real lashing. When Wendy used to do her radio show, she'd use the term 'negroidian' to describe the antics of this female. I love that word.
- R78, you're wrong. If it had been a man there wouldn't be ANYONE saying the driver was wrong.
- I don't care if you're a man or a woman, if you hit first, expect to be hit back. That woman was asking for it.
- The idea that someone would defend a young male thug who is attacking a bus driver and getting punched is ludicrous. There would be very little hesitation to laud the driver as a hero.
- R72... riiight, like holding her hand and leading her off the bus would happen as easily as you described. The bitch assaulted him, what makes you think she would comply with his wishes? The bitch got on the bus and did not want to pay when he asked her for the fare. He ordered her off the bus, thats when she started the melee, first with the arguing, then the assault on him. If he didn't defend himself what else would she have done? You damn punks are really fucked up to think that there is rationality in dealing with irrational and wild people.
- Of course you love the word, R95, you "caucasoidian"
- [quote]Then maybe the 100 lb black teenager shouldn't have hit the 220 lb man first.
...who was driving a bus full of passengers at the time.
He could have crashed and killed everyone.
They need to put her in stocks in the public square and let all the bus riders beat her with a stick.
- It's always a certain kind of person you see in this situations, isn't it?
Makes a fellow wonder just why certain people are so baffled over the stereotypes painted on them, when they are so frequently proven over and over again to be true.
- Ghetto animals. Stereotypes exist for a reason.
- I'm so sick and tired of women thinking they get to do whatever they want to men without recourse.
It literally sickens me - including all of these knee-jerk responses saying that he was in the wrong.
Sometimes women like this NEED to be punched - it will save many people down the road from the same behavior.
Next time she goes off she may think - hey, I got hit last time, maybe I shouldn't do this. Then we're all better off.
Men know this, but women are supposed to get a free pass. FUCK THAT! If he gets suspended, hopefully she gets a prison term for assault.
- I am TOTALLY against a man hitting a woman, but that bitch deserved it.
Maybe now she'll think twice before mouthing off to/threatening a complete stranger, or anyone, for that matter.
- If a cunt wants to act like a man then let them. They'll get a beat down if they mouth off though.
- R106 - let me just say - she wasn't "acting like a man" - despite what the driver said.
There aren't too many men how would smack a driver and then spit in his mouth - unless he had a death wish.
She was acting like a provoking asshole - regardless of gender.
- My my my - look how Fox News cut out the fact that she hit him first and now she has manners.
- R72, you really think that crazy bitch was going to allow him to take her by the arm to get her off the bus? She was already menacing him, as soon as he took his hand to touch her arm to escort her off she would have lost her shit. This was an uncontrollable situation, he was menaced and she pushed him over the limit. I see shits like this here in NYC all the time, especially after school on the subways and buses near the public schools. They scream and act like lunatics, all for attention because they don't get any at home.
- Violence begets violence. Both were in the wrong - as a city employee (esp with a co-worker nearby) he should have been able to handle this young woman without putting himself in danger of losing his job. I'm hot-headed and I've even been slapped by a female co-worker in the midst of a heated debate years ago, but I would still NEVER throw a punch at someone. It gave me far greater satisfaction watching my assailant go through disciplinary proceedings and hearing her grovelling apology. She learned a lesson and knew she was lucky to keep her job.
If there's any justice the disrespectful bitch on the bus will have ABSOLUTELY no comeback and the assholes filming/laughing about the situation will hopefully learn a lesson too. I hope the bus driver will get a desk job or early retirement rather than any punitive action which ruins his life.
- Like she had a job...
Oh, when he popped her in the jaw, her weave-wig popped off.
She's our new Rosa Parks.
- Has Gloria Allred set up her podium in Cleveland yet?
- Attention idiot girl defenders.
1) The bus driver had no option to "walk away", the girl had EVERY opportunity to walk away.
2) The bus driver was OPERATING A MOVING BUS when she bitch slapped him. He could have crashed! People could have been killed!
3) He (safely) stopped the bus, got up, socked her in the head, and threw her crazy ass off the bus. BRAVO!
She started the physical assault, not in some random location, but against the driver operating a bus that was full of people.
This is self defense not only of the bus driver, but ever passenger on that bus. Many people were in danger because of that stupid cunt.
- Why didn't anyone stand up to this girl? The bus was moving and she was distracting the driver. You would think at least one person would try to make sure this fool didn't get everyone killed. There was no recourse for the driver to take but to "neutralize the threat" so to speak.
- I applaud the man BUT.... he should have thrown her off the bus when she started. Unfortunately he is going to lose his job for this.
- It would have been better if he stopped the bus and dragged her off it, closed the door and drove away.
But I DO understand his rage in that moment.
- She was wrong, of course. But I have to laugh at all the "equal treatment" crusaders on this thread who don't give a shit about equal treatment between men and women unless they feel men are getting the short end of the stick.
- I don't think you're laughing at all R117. I think you're sitting there seething in judgement as you pretend to know what other people are thinking.
- Why are people trying to spin this as HIS fault? The bitch clearly sought our a confrontation and she got one, as well as her fucking weave flying off!!
Just as funny the fifth time watching it!
- I wish the video would have a Batman punch graphic added, and the sound of the impact increased. Some CGI teeth flying out would be cool too.
- Judge Judy would rule in his favor. She said to one girl who struck her boyfriend that everyone male or female has a right to defend themselves.
- I'm a RN and we get attacked by patients all the time. I only wish this guy had hit her harder. Just because we're city employees does not make us punching bags.
- F&F R121/R124. The advertising should get this asshole banned and the not-funny comments veer from preening delusion to offensive idiocy.
- "It's always a certain kind of person you see in this situations, isn't it?"
Yes-angry and crazy. I hate threads like these because it plays to the racism against people of color that is barely contained. That girl(or bus driver)do not represent an entire race,just like Colorado movie shooter James Holmes does not represent all white folks,does he?
- MORTALLLLL KOMBATTTT!!!
- raaaaaaaacit, 128. How dare you use the "f" word and call us "folks" your disgusting racism and derogatory terms have no place in civilized society. how would you like to be called names like "folk"
- as if that makes a difference r78. look at what the faggot OP put in his title. Hoodrat is absolutely racist terminology to describe someone.
- I don't have to "pretend" anything, r118. It has been made abundantly clear in countless threads over the years. It may not be everyone but it certainly is the vocal majority.
- He should have just called the police. Most bus drivers do that when they have problems on the bus. He did not respond appropriately. Her criminal background has nothing to do with this.
- Sure it does, r133.
Obviously she's assaulted people before so she thinks it's ok. It shows a history of her cuntiness and should be taken into consideration.
Who is she going to punch next? An airline pilot? A cop? You?
- Hey R131, I'm the OP of this thread. I'm neither faggot, nor male, nor white. I live with hoodrats, and this chick IS A HOODRAT.
- R134 I think her punching days may be over
- If you truly are 'black' or 'non white',r134,then you should have known by now the kind of reaction posting that video on DL would do. And you should look inside yourself and ask why you felt the need to do it when you know how people on this board fell about other people of color-especially when they 'show their ass'
And r130-I'm sure joking but you and op should ask yourself this question-does a complete stranger in another part of the country-or world for that matter-who has nothing more in common with you than skin complexion-decides to act a fool in a public setting,do you think that has something to do with you? That girl is only an embarrassment to HERSELF and maybe the family that 'raised' her.
Unfortunately, a self hating racist like George Zimmerman ascribes behavior like this to an entire group of people and decides to confront an innocent black kid simply because he was 'walking while black'
Whoever that girl is,she has absolutely nothing in common with anyone I know,except a shared skin tone.
- Ghetto apes are going tolearn one that people are tired of being terrorized.
- Whis is it that women are always shrieking for equality, but draw the line when comes to getting a pop in the chops or having a door held for them?
This is a new era, fish.
- Anyone who calls women fish doesn't care one bit about treating women equally to men - except in situations like these. Then all of a sudden they care very much.
- Bus Drivers are the most exposed of all. They should have barriers or something to protect them from nasty drunks, like bank tellers.
- I completely agree with a protector wall. A pope mobile kind of thing.
- Who cares- just another episode of rabid nig apes tosing their turds to each other. I wouldnt be surprised if Michelle Obama would go and visit her in jail just to share "kill whitey" jokes.
- R144, that's real deep thinking there. What's the matter. Did the aliens forget to remove the anal probe again?
- My white sister used to pull shit like this woman did. If a man spoke to her in a way she didn't like, she'd tell him to stfu. If he persisted, she'd throw a punch. Only one man ever hit her back.
She was beaten to death by her bf in a fist-fight that she instigated.
her big sister
- Sorry, R146, that's awful. I hope you and your nephew are OK.
- How do you know she instigated it? Were you there?
- The comments
- Petitioning CLEVELAND TRANSIT AUTHORITY: GIVE BUS DRIVER HIS JOB BACK!
- you can't
- [quote] He should have just called the police. Most bus drivers do that when they have problems on the bus. He did not respond appropriately.
No. Have you taken leave of your senses? That bus driver needed to immobilize her immediately. She posed a danger to him, his passengers and those on the road. A bus out of control is pretty dangerous.
She had already been threatening for a while and then she started to choke him and punch him. That assault had to be stopped immediately and that danger to him and other passengers removed immediately. And was he to guess if this violent and out of control woman had a weapon?
He punched her. He didn't cut her arm off. Men get punched all the time and recover. She'll survive. She got right back up to continue her attack on him didn't she?
I think he was rather brave. I think that she became violent when he started teasing her and the passengers started laughing at her. She needs to be barred from using public transportation in Cleveland for a good amount of time and barred from any route that driver is on. She can fucking walk.
- Black people are funny/
- I signed the petition @r150.
- It's been meme-ified.
- [quote]She had already been threatening for a while
At the very first threat stop the bus and dial 911. Why are the bus drivers of Cleveland not given any training/rules on how to deal with this not-that-uncommon urban occurrence? If he did not break any bus company rules/training, he needs to sue to get his job back since it is not illegal to defend yourself after someone assaults you which is legally what she did if she put her hands on him and, worse, spit on him.
- from the Facebook responses, it seems that it is the white population that says,"He should have called the police. " The black population responds," She should have had her ass beaten."Perhaps it's similar to white mothers who say to a children throwing a tantrum," Now Aiden, you're going to have to have a time out," and the AA mother who just hauls off and slaps the kid across the butt.
- He shouldn't have decked her. The bus company will get sued and he could lose his job if the petitions don't work. He should have grabbed her and taken her off the bus. If she continued to escalate the situation he should have called the police. But they must create some kind of barrier so that drunken teens can't make physical contact with the driver. It would protect the driver and all of the passengers.
- R159, her initial assaultive behavior should cut the chain of any liability. Plus good luck to her finding a jury to side with her. All her background will come out at trial.
The bus driver's statement to the police that she punched him, spat at him and started to CHOKE him is all he needs to establish self-defense. The bus company cannot take away his right to self defense and by all credible acounts so far plus the video he has that in spades.
- Could someone start a thread on this video? At least nobody gets hurt.
- [quote]But they must create some kind of barrier so that drunken teens can't make physical contact with the driver. It would protect the driver and all of the passengers.
C'mon, who's going to pay for that? It's cheaper to beat her ass down. Problem solved.
- Fair post, r160.
The exception though is the one noted upthread: did he act accordingly to company policy in his handling of the entire incident?
Yes, at the point where he assaulted her, he was acting defensively; however, if the company has a zero tolerance policy, he should have kicked her off the bus when she was verbally abusive.
The company could argue that because he didn't handle the incident by the book, he put himself in the situation where he had to get physical.
- [quote]That bus driver needed to immobilize her immediately.
Which a man his size could have easily done without the massive punch to her throat. Complete overreaction - understandable, but wrong.
- Looks like Cleveland's RTA does have some balls. They are filing a misdemeanor charge against spitting hoodrat Shidea Lane.
Driver remains suspended without pay.
- 76% positive. Brings tears to my eyes seeing us be that sensible at last.
- Shidea Lane???
- [bold] Criminal Charges Filed Against Cleveland Bus Driver, Unruly Passenger Seen In Viral "Uppercut" Video [/bold]
- How did it all turn out?
- If you look at the second video in the linked article R43, you can see that she argues with him for about two to three minutes before he hits her.
I have to agree that she deserved it, but I'm wondering what people here would be saying if either part were white.
- This sums it up. That's all.
- We watch these ghetto fights all the time. They're funny as hell. Here's another one in the woman asking for it genre.
- And possibly the best one.
- and a pack of teens picking on a senior until guess what....they get a senior moment.
- Sadly, even if the bus driver is vindicated, he will be a target now.
He was just having a bad day and overreacted- with unfortunate results.
And they wonder why more people don't ride public transportation!
- Meanwhile, on the rear stage..
- What preceded the video clip? How did this argument start? Before they start hitting each other, he was doing his best to goad her along, saying things like "I'll bring my daughter up here to whoop your ass, I'll bring my granddaughter up here to whoop your ass". Before she supposedly spat in his mouth (I can't actually make that bit out from the video) he had charmingly threatened her with "somebody to slice your face up". This bus driver had the worst training ever for dealing with recalcitrant passengers. And what was that other bus employee doing, just standing there?
There should be guidelines for how to deal with unruly customers, which don't involve punching them in the face (especially when you are male and they are a much smaller female), choking them, pulling their head around by their hair, and literally throwing them off the bus. In fact, there probably are such guidelines and this driver didn't make any effort to follow them, violated them and did his best to escalate the problem. I wonder what that says about his driving style.
- "Well, I looked up from reading the Holy Scriptures and proceeded to search my purse for the change my Ontie had given me to go to the homeless shelter and administer to the poor... when all of a sudden-- [dissolves into tears] "
Li'l Miss Shaddiyah
- And, this wasn't self-defence: self-defence is when you attempt to stop someone as they are attacking you. Here, she had moved away from him, he stopped the bus, got out from his seat, went up to her and punched her in the face. His closing statement "you wanna be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man" shows he's a fairly beligerant and probably aggressive individual himself, who thinks an argument in a workplace situation is a "competition" to be won, not a situation that needs to be defused.
The driver did everything he could to escalate the situation - and most of the time he was arguing with her, he was also driving the bus, without a care for the safety of his other passengers.
- r177, r179, did you watch the video? Who do you think these people are, Harvard debate school students? Bus companies don't have the funds to provide drivers with 4 years of psychology training to talk down drugged up, gutter trash. The driver was attempting to do his job while being abused by a foul-mouth nut. She got what she deserved.
- Yeah, I saw the video and I saw him behaving completely inappropriately, doing his best to escalate the tension and acting in violation of his company training. You don't need 4 years of psychology training to be aware that in a situation like that you de-escalate the tension not add to it, especially for someone who works with people all day long and it would be highly surprising if this is the first time he's had a problem passenger.
His employer, the RTA, had this to say:
"The employee handbook says an employee can be discharged if he uses overt force, strikes ... a member of the public," she said. "We understand he feels that his actions were in self-defense, but we disagree. The appropriate action should have been to pull over the bus and alert transit police and let them handle it."
He has been fired for violating his employer's regulations, which are in place for good reason.
The driver said "I've run over those events in my mind 1,000 times and I don't know what I could have done differently."
How about not answering her back to start with, especially since you were still driving the bus? Follow your company's regulations and once you saw she was getting aggressive park the bus and call the transit police? Even if you felt agry, try and control your anger so you at least just punch her, not choke her, drag her by the hair and throw her off the bus?
She should be prosecuted for whatever she can be prosecuted with as well, and so should he.
- He absolutely should have been fired. The only reason the white faggots on this board are defending him is because if there is one thing the fags hate more than a black man - it's a black woman.