- Josh Marshall October 11, 2012, 5:38 PM
The Romney/Ryan camp has apparently insisted that Ryan be referred to as "Mr." during the debate rather than "Congressman." So Biden — presumably he's going by "Vice President" rather than like "Doc Biden" or something — has to refer to Ryan as "Mr. Ryan." Presumably this is because Congress is generally unpopular and they want to seem like outsiders. But isn't this exactly the kind of thing that makes you seem juvenile when someone leaks this on you? Good idea? Hard to figure.
- I hope Biden got the memo & "accidentally" refers to him as "Congressman" all night.
- Even better, Ryan refers to Biden as "Mr. Vice President" and Biden replies with an "Aw, shucks, you can call me Joe".
- r1 I was going to suggest that too. What will the Ryan people do, issue a complaining press release?
- Ryan and Romney have to be two of the biggest pussies to ever run for Pres/VP.
Can you imagine if they did get into office? They're both so delicate they would have tons of requirements for the press and everyone else on how to deal with them.
They should be embarrassed but they're too self-righteous for that to sink in.
The fact that 90 percent of Mitt's TV appearances have been on Fox is another indication of how fragile they are.
There are so many reasons why these guys are a joke. They have no business running for the highest offices in the country - yet, America has them running neck-to-neck with Obama. It's maddening.
- Oh lord, CNN has brought out their usual "undecided" voter group for instant polling. Are these the same people every election?
- Fuck CNN and their right wing biased bullshit.
- Sarah Palin's very first words at the 2008 debate: "Can I call you Joe?"
- Post funny crap here, bitches! I just can't stand to watch. In return I'll be giving you updates on Househunters!
- Palin's still being stupid - from ThinkProgress:
[quote]On Fox just now, Sarah Palin tells O'Reilly there are some hilarious "antidotes" about the '08 VP debate in her book.
- CNN had a taped interview with Ryan and he was asked about fact-checking some of the things he said. Paraphrasing, he said something like that if people are going to call him a liar, he's going to fight back and also suggested that fact-checking has a political (read: liberal) bias.
- Fight back my ass, he can't defend the shit that comes out of his and Romney's mouths. All he can do is continue to lie about it.
- [quote]fact-checking has a political (read: liberal) bias
Those damn liberals and their pesky "facts"!
- It's gonna be slow cuz we'z in the prime time.
- Waiting for Joe to kick Paul Ryan's ass.
- I'm nervous! Go Joe!
- Dr. Jill looked nice in black. Mrs. Ryan was wearing some fluorescent pink number.
- Well time to watch Project Runway. I'm WAY too nervous to watch the debate, but I hope that Joe kicks Lyin' Ryan's ass out of the building.
- Joe gets a bum rap. He is a great fighter and an old hand. He can break him.
- She called him congressman
- Hold me, Daddy! I'm too scared to watch!
- Biden needs to mention the GOP defunding embassy security.
- [quote]There will be nine segments to this debate.
And there are nine segments to that ham. Goddamn. I'll bet there's enough room in my purse to take at least four of them with me.
- Repubs wouldn't fund more security for embassies. Say it, Joe.
- YES, R22....exactly
- I'm so nervous watching this!!
- Joe sounded too political. He better mention the defunding.
- He's pure evil, but man does Paul Ryan have some purty eyes.
- SAY IT JOE!
- Joe's already laughing!
- Biden wants at him
- GO JOE!
- OH SNAP
- Biden does have a great smile, that is an advantage over him. Ryan smiles just as snarky as Romney.
- He mentioned the cut in embassy security funding!
- Go Joe...those fuckers defunded embassy security. Tell 'em!
- Joe's on the attack.
- OH SHIT HE DID IT
GET HIM JOE
- That's a bunch of malarkey!
- Is Radditz a moderator or does she think she's in the press corp right now?
- Ryan is getting lost.
- OMG! A water sports question!
- Is it me or is Ryan sweating?
- [quote]Biden wants at him
And I want at that pudding. Is it banana? Or butterscotch? I don't care. Ahh, banana. Just like the kind my Gamma used to make off the back of the Nilla Wafer box.
- Ryan is all talk, and full of bullshit.
- Joe's doing better than Ryan.
Ryan is in over his head.
- Could Ryan not find a larger (Made-in-China) flagpin?
- Death to Paul Ryan!
- Ryan is just not ready...
- Ryan is definitely losing so far.
- "I'd like to move to Iran."
You may have more rights there than here, Martha, if Romney gets elected.
- OMG OMG, keep it coming guys!
Househunters is over but Selling NY is on and is fabulous Real estate porn this week. One apt has a living room so big is has 15 windows overlooking 3 different sides.
- Biden is practically laughing at Ryan's comments.
- Saudi claim is a LIE. Ryan's a jackass.
Saudis want to go after Iran. This is the "Iraqis throwing babies out of incubators" all over again.
- Ryan looks nervous
- LOL, R42
- Joe got this!
- These two guys have the worse poker faces ever.
I'll have to DVR the rest of this and enjoy it later.
- Biden be whipping the bejabbers out of that Ryan rascal!
Go Joe Go
- I don't care what some of you bitches think, I love Candy.
- Go get him Joe!
- Joe's chuckling might play against him, cool it Joe.
- I LOVE Martha!!!
- Oh snap! She called him "Congressman" again.
Oh for fuck sake, enough with Americans having their heads up Israel/Bibi's ass!
- Ryan is freaking out.
- It's fairly obvious from those workout pics that Ryan was never on steroids so we won't get to see roid rage.
- Ryan looks like he wants to walk out again.
- Do we like Martha so far?
- Candy Crowley troll. Talk about TEDIOUS.
- Joe, PLEASE correct Ryan for still referring to "the Ayatollahs," plural. THERE IS ONLY ONE!
- "Ryan, you ignorant slut ... "
Dan "Joe Biden" Ackroyd
- Spinning the centrifuges faster?
- I suspect Joe is DYING to say the word "bullshit."
- Biden is DOMINATING this. He's making Martha look like Jim Lehrer. "Facts matter, Martha!"
He's got this. Ryan looks like a child.
- Maddow would have kicked ass as a moderator.
- FACTS MATTER BITCH!!
- thnak god for Biden.
- I feel like I'm watching a wise elder debating a 16 year old boy.
- Biden's doing a great job, but only a few things might keep him from having a decisive victory tonight:
1. His grinning and laughing at Paul Ryan
2. Calling Prime Minister Netanyahu "Bibi," and never "Prime Minister Netanyahu" or "The Prime Minister of Israel"
- Thank you, Martha, for starting with foreign policy. Ryan looks like an IDIOT talking about this topic sitting next to "I've known Bibi for 30 years" Biden.
- Martha is getting on my nerves
- Barack, are you taking notes?
- I love Biden's giggling, kinda like me!!! Ryan has really thin lips, he is so cute when he takes a sip of water and flushes it around. I wonder if his hole is really hairy?
- On Twitter "Eddie Munster" is trending
- GO JOE!
- This is like watching your big sister egg your favorite crazy uncle into beefing with your goob brother-in-law at Thanksgiving - I can never predict how these things play in the media but I'm enjoying the hell out of it
- Ryan has that scared smile you get when you know the teacher's humiliating you in front of the class.
- Joe: "Mr. Romney changes his mind do much, I could be wrong."
- 47% - Yay Joe!
I just jizzed!
- YES! Finally a reference to the 47%!
- Joe brings up the 47% and Romney's taxes!
- that double patty melt is coming up on me
- Was watching the Current TV coverage because they had a twitter feed going but evidently they are only showing the crazy ass repug tweets. I'm watching Rise of the Dead now and reading the posts here. A lot less nerve wracking.
- Thought Biden was gonna curse for a second there.
- Preach, Joe! Preach!
- Biden's going for the jugular.
- Joe is older enough to pull off the laughter bit.
- Joe's on fire!
- What's Candy up to? She must be starving!
- Go JOE!!
- "Bibi" is the "Bobby DeNiro" of foreign policy discussion
- This sounds great!
And by the way the CORE agent finally got the really odd artsy apt sold after reducing it by $1 Million! Go Tom!
- Raddatz is on his side, but Ryan is scared of Biden.
Biden is crushing him.
- Is Ryan starting to breathe hard and gulp?
That's always a sign of him getting upset.
- Biden says he has known Netanyahu for 30 years. They are friends/acquaintances. He can call him Bibi.
- Damned if Ryan don't look like Smeagal...some Gollum shit up in here.
- For an old dude, Biden certainly looks like he appreciates the value of .gif-ready debate moments
- Ryan is not able to keep up. His little tales are quaint and heartwarming and nonsensical.
- Only a Republican would say that unemployment going down means we're heading in the wrong direction.
- Get back on Twitter and post some shit then R94.
- I. HATE. THESE. FUCKING. PERSONAL. BS. STORIES.
- from Patton Oswalt's twitter:
"Ryan is a nervous Walmart manager. Biden is an irate customer with the receipt, the warranty & he's friends w/ the store owner."
- Ryan keeps drinking water, a sign that he's very nervous. I agree that Paul Ryan is way in over his head.
- Did Joe bring up the embassy?
- [quote]2. Calling Prime Minister Netanyahu "Bibi," and never "Prime Minister Netanyahu" or "The Prime Minister of Israel"
His buddies call him "Bibi" and frankly, he's a corrupt piece of shit who along with AIPAC and the neo cons want more American kids to die along with countless civilians.
He deserves no respect for trying to drag us into another war.
- Sanpaku eyes! Sampaku eyes!
- Ryan's grin is so forced.
- "Stop talking about how you care about people. Show me something!!!!!"
- [quote]This is like watching your big sister egg your favorite crazy uncle into beefing with your goob brother-in-law at Thanksgiving
Eggs. What I wouldn't GIVE for a tray of deviled eggs. Yellow whipped goodness surrounded by pure white yummyness.
Thanksgiving. Is that cranberry stuffing I see? It's still in the can? Doesn't matter. I have a letter opener and it's never failed me before.
- OH SNAP!!!
- You know Joe has a big one. That grin says it all.
- This is thrilling.
- It's rictus, R118.
- Stimulus. I fucking LOVE this debate!
- Beau Biden said Dad works so hard even does the laundry!!! Yea right
- He borrowed Romney's rictus.
- Hacktastic Martha Raddutsz and Paul Ryan are claiming "Social Security is going broke!" WHICH IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE! We pay into it EVERY WEEK so it NEVER GOES BROKE!
Where do people get off claiming these LIES!
- I'm glad Ryan is a weak debater, in case he tries to run for the top job in '16 or '20.
- Biden is crushing Ryan. Ryan looks like a scared cockroach.
- [quote]2. Calling Prime Minister Netanyahu "Bibi," and never "Prime Minister Netanyahu" or "The Prime Minister of Israel"
No one gives a fuck about Israel except Bibi and right wing nut jobs who weren't going to vote for Obama anyway.
Why the fuck do you care about a foreign country?
- Biden is chortling at Ryan.
- I wish Joe would stop laughing. He's making me nervous.
- I fucking love Joe, but he has to stop laughing even with the preposterous bullshit coming out of this little douchebag
- I loved when Ryan tried to zing Biden about his gaffs and Joe told him he meant everything he said, just like Romney (47%).
- Oh, good, let's talk about health care with Paul Ryan.
"I heard that death panel argument from Sarah Palin"
- Hey, R126, DataLounge is liberal space. Get the fuck off this board.
- This is more entertaining than every RuPaul's Drag Race reading challenge put together
- I love Candy.
- Nice comparison there to Sarah Palin. Go Joe.
- Obamacare works!
- Ryan's face is getting all red.
- Ryan is dying!
- Yes. HE WENT THERE. "I heard this death panel bullshit from Palin." !!!!
- Dammit, now I wish I was selected to moderate the Vice Presidential debate instead. It's proving to be so good it HAS to be fattening :(
- IT'S A VOUCHER
- I'm out of the country and have a horrible internet connection that prevents streaming, so your posts are all I have to go on.
You're making me so happy, but if I read tomorrow about how Ryan kicked Joe's ass, there will be Hell to pay.
- Betcha Joe has a throbbin' hard-on right now.
- Ryan is a robot with a script.
- I now understand why Biden's had two aneurysms. I am seriously afraid he's gonna pop a vein right in front of me on national television.
Biden needs to laugh a little less when the camera isn't on him. And Ryan looks like an elementary school teacher, who does porn.
Got to hand it to him. Ryan is doing his best to flog what is clearly a very dead horse.
- Finish him, Joe!
- Winner: Biden.
The Voice of the Night
- OMG daddy Joe, you can fuck me anytime... you're the man!
- The Candy Crowley posts are very tired.
- Biden's laugh is ripping Romney/Ryan's mask off. Go Biden!
- Biden is crushing Ryan. Biden has gravitas speaking about Medicare.
- Oh lordy, the Palin mention! Two alternate-universe LA Fitness managers in a pod.
- Please, Joe. Stop laughing.
- Everybody knew Biden would laugh. Look at Ryan, he looks like a scared Little Rascal.
- So many inaccuracies from Ryan's lips.
- Biden's grinning and interrupting are annoying. Sorry, they just are.
- LMAO...one thing Joe Biden can pull off is the grandfatherly routine...
Loved when Paul Ryan tried to get Joe to stop interrupting and Joe Biden snapped back, "Well I wouldn't if you weren't takin' all 4 minutes!"
- I absolutely love Joe Biden's WTF face when Ryan said 100% coverage for people who can't afford to make up the medicare premium difference.
- Damn, can't stop watching this. Hope Obama is taking notes.
- Ah, that magical moment when you break into peals of contemptuous laughter at the exact same time as the VP
- Ryan cut or uncut?
- Did Ryan bring his mommy tonight?
- Ryan's bladder is going to explode.
- Biden is demolishing Ryan.
Raddatz is in love with Ryan, though. She's straining to make him palatable, but he's not helping.
- One heart-beat away from that lost-looking smarmy guy on the right?
No thank you.
- Keep pace with a voucher...go Joe!
- Ryan is all hot and sweaty after his PX90 workout and Biden is pumping him in the shower room.
- Do you think the media is going to declare this as a win for Biden, or is this going to be a DL-only cheerfest? I can see Chris Matthews having a meltdown proclaiming that Obama is done.
- Biden is doing well with his points but he may be undoing it with the over the top smiling and laughing. He's actually throwing his head back now.
Though if I had to listen to Ryan's bullshit, I would be smirking and laughing too.
- Grinning and interrupting were winners for Romney, weren't they?
- Thanks Martha...Lyin' Ryan supported Bush's plan.
- Is Ryan a closet case....? He is hiding something big.
- Ryan can't relax and get rid of that red face. His blood pressure must be skyrocketing. Where's your PXfucking90 now, boyo?
Joe's crushing it.
- Ryan's lips and eyes are turning red.
- I actually like it that Biden interrupts Ryan. You can't let these assholes get away with their lies, you have to speak up.
- Joe needs to stop with the laughing. I'm reading on other websites that it's not making him look good.
- What R175 said.
Haven't we all been doing that?
- [quote]Ryan is doing his best to flog what is clearly a very dead horse.
Horse. Never tried it but I always wanted to. I'll bet it'd look just like that roast beef over there at the end of the table. Marbled, juicy and pink in the center. You can cut it with a fork. Any forks? No? That's what teeth are for.
- Repugs are probably regretting pressuring Romney to pick far-right Ryan.
- let Biden laugh. he's also showing extreme seriousness when he needs to but he's not being a creep like Ryan is.
- The Right is furious over the way Biden is acting towards Ryan.
- Joe's smiling is indeed a bit annoying but he can get away with it because he's being the smart elder who knows the whippersnapper needs to wise up.
- Fuck these people R182... they loved it when Mitt Romney did it... they said he looked presidential. Now that Joe is doing it, they hate it? FUCK THEM!!!
- You have to ridicule Ryan. He's young and green and foolish. Biden doing that to him cements that in the public's mind.
- Fuck off obamabots - Ryan is amazing and he is meticulously dissecting the lib bullshit Biden is trying to sell the American public.
- I like the way you think, R173
- Bill Maher just posted this on his FB page:
"Hello 9-1-1? There's an old man beating a child on my tv."
- Fox has already declared Ryan the victor.
- Good, R187!
- Just noticed "malarkey" and "Eddie Munster" are trending.
- Joe is wiping the floor with this boy.
- I would not interrupt someone who was speaking, but I'm not running for office against a sniveling, lying opponent.
Joe can barge in when he needs to.
- On Intrade, stock in Obama is up about 3% since the VP debate began.
- Go, Martha. "Do you have the specifics"?
- Are we watching the same debate? Biden is an obnoxious, rude asshole.
- Still working on the specifics....
Good answer Lyin' !
What an evader...
- R191 whatever you are smoking you should stop now and get help.
- Moderator: Ryan, do you have the specifics to your tax plan?
Ryan: Have I ever shown you a picture of my dog?
- Martha just nailed Ryan.
Biden: "Can I translate?"
- Tweet from Bill Maher
[quote]Hello 911? There s an old man beating a child on my tv
- Okay Martha just put Ryan on the spot "no specifics again then" "Do you actually have a plan to pay for that?"
- Biden's laugh is shaming Ryan.
- The Right is upset Biden's laughing?
Fuck them. They've shoved this birth certificate bullshit and held the country hostage for years. . .let Biden mock this fool.
- There's no water left in that cup,Paul...
- Going after Romney's taxes!!
- what should I order at the CNN Grill? Something fried? Need a snack NOW
- [quote]Fuck off obamabots - Ryan is amazing and he is meticulously dissecting the lib bullshit Biden is trying to sell the American public.
Wow R191. What debate are YOU watching?
- [quote]Ryan is doing his best to flog what is clearly a very dead horse.
Holy fudge! Consuela? Check the stables right now!
- Are the dial voters on CNN really "undecided"? They are turning it up for Ryan the second he opens his mouth.
- Look at those puppy dog eyes on Paul...
Get him, Pitbull Joe!
- r206 - good one! Love Maher.
- "Oh now you're Jack Kennedy?"
Joe Biden can have me every day of the week!
- R194, is that true?
- "Oh, now you're Jack Kennedy?"
This is done.
- Ryan is double-talking.
Fired up and ready to JOE!
- We can't afford $800 billion going to people making more than $1 million a year!
- Joe doesn't need any water-he's like a well oiled machine!
- How original, r206.
- just want to sniff Ryan's hairy hole
- 97% of small businesses make less than $250,000 and would not be effected!
- Joe throwing up his hands
- Martha is forcing Ryan to account for budget.
- Wow, Biden is brutal, yet as expected a true statesman.
- forgot how much I LOVE Kentucky gravy, you know they use lard which makes it so yummy
- I turned it off when Martha and Joe were debating.
This is bad form. I don't understand the screaming and yelling. It's like dad and mom fighting after a night of drunken bowling.
- Oh pencilhead is getting his ass kicked in!
- I am DYING for this bad bitch to move on to social issues and ask about the war on women
- No doubt R201 was fine with the act when Mitt performed it - except Biden is does it with facts.
- Ryan comes off like such a creepy weasel and I have to say. I'm really starting to like Biden. Now I'm sorry I missed him debating Palin 4 year ago. What a show that must've been.
- Joe hasn't been perfect, but he's mopping the floor with pretty boy. It all makes Obama's performance last week even more shameful.
- What is wrong with Martha Radditz's face? She is one ugly chick, despite her great hair.
- Ryan is a lying fucking dweeb! I was to throw my television out the window! He's a shape-shifter!
- Oh,Jeez,there's goes Lyin' Ryan with the 'heart felt' stories again...
- I told you guys not to mock Joe Biden. People discount him but he is salt of the earth and an OLD, OLD hand at this game and government.
I knew he was the perfect VP pick in 08 when people moaned and I knew he would do this tonight. He is the perfect foil for Obama's cooler head.
- R215, they're attention whores.
- Raddatz is a bit of a hawk. Biden schooled her when she tried to sniff about "a civilian leader"
- Rethuglicunts are tweeting about how Ryan is winning and kicking Joe's butt. The poor deludes messes are as fucked up as gay Paul.
- r234, I'd love to see them address some LGBT issues. We already know where Biden stands.
- Oh r232, you're such a tender blossom. Perhaps you can go back to your room and delicately practice flower arranging.
- re 210,
I noticed that too. He keeps trying to drink more water and there is no more water to drink
- Freeper meltdown on the DL.
- I love Joe. He won't let this asshole get away with all their bullshit.
- I think Obama will rise to the occasion now that JB has raised the bar.
- Eat my ass, Janesville scum
- Republicans are all for the singular being's responsibility to take care of themselves until it comes to the military. Am I the only one that sees an oxymoron for personal responsibility between that and their view upon the "Gay agenda?"
- Lyin' Ryan makes me want to throw a brick at the television. That stupid grin, those vacuous eyes, that silly brain with distorted reality.
- Now Ryan's getting tangled in the weeds.
- R236, it's on youtube. You'll love her calling him "O' Biden" several times.
- omg...the one of my best friends line....
one of my best friends is black...
one of my best friends is gay...
one of my best friends is fighting in afghanistan...
- Joe's being better now. Less emotional. Jill must have given him the slash across the neck signal from the audience.
- "just want to sniff Ryan's hairy hole"
Right now it's probably ripe with crow and fraud, flushed out by all that water he's consumed.
- joe is getting stronger as the debate goes on...
- Martha is so desperate for more warmongering.
Unfortunately, Joe knows foreign policy better than her.
- Oh this sounds so great!!
And now Househunters International is in Kuala Lumpur with an extremely entitled Midwest family!
I hope they find the kitchen with the granite that they like.
- R238 Martha had a bad peel plus she is a heavy vodka drinker
- Ryan is ready for a night of water sports
- [quote] People discount him but he is salt of the earth and an OLD, OLD hand at this game and government.
Salt. I always carry some. Glad I did because these mashed taters need something. I don't care if that gravy has a skin on it, just dig right through and I'm good to go.
- "Joe hasn't been perfect, but he's mopping the floor with pretty boy."
Pretty? I know you're masturbating over Joe's performance but some of your vaseline must have gotten on the Paul Ryan's side of your tv screen.
- Joe is schooling Raddatz. She keeps sniffing about "civilian leaders".
- She said "pulling out"
- R262 = Sally Quinn
- "That's what we call Fighting Season." MARY!!
- Did you for get to mention anyone else,Paul?
- Biden is on fire!
- Joseph Biden, have mercy on that boy.
- Martha is a professional embed, so of course the US military is never wrong.
- Oooooo, Joe got Miss Thang bobbing her head!
- Instant polling Shows Joe killing it.
- Martha has let completely lost control.
- Is Ryan doing his Black Drag Queen head bob?
- Ryan's been out of water for a while now.
I haven't noticed Joe drinking any at all.
Ryan is sitting there with Joe's full glass of cold, deliciously refreshing water and he can't drink it?
Gee that's too bad.
- Holy fuck!!!! Love Joe Biden
- lol...it is a different country
- You know Ryan has to piss.
- Thank you.
Now will this translate to the polls... at all?
- Martha is eating up all the fucking time talking about the war that she loves so much. It looks like once again, there will be no discussion of domestic social issues. DAMMIT! :(
- They don't do Joe any favors when they shoot him from the side, do they? That's quite a waddle he's sporting under his chin.
- ryan got more water...did he take joes?
- I love Joe's laugh. Be who you be Mr. Vice President. Don't listen to the twidiots. Do what you do and to hell with the bozos.
- Ryan: "We wouldn't do this, we wouldn't do that."
WTF would you do, bitch?
- RYAN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PROPOSING THEN..
- [quote]Biden is on fire!
Just like the fire crackling in that grill. I'll take sixteen of those sliders, as fast as you can whip 'em up.
- Joe spanked Martha. I know she feels like she knows everything as an embed, but OH MY GOD ALL PAUL RYAN HAS IS JOHN BOLTON'S TALKING POINTS
- Ryan's nose is growing and growing and growing as the night wears on....
- Biden 2016!
- When Joe goes on too long,it gives that lying weasel Ryan time to collect his thoughts...liars should be kept on their toes at all times
- Can't think of many things that Republicans hate more than facts.
- [quote]Ryan is sitting there with Joe's full glass of cold, deliciously refreshing water and he can't drink it?
I love you.
- "Afghans, AFGHANS!!!"
Biden's close to calling him a fucking retard.
- Tonight just reminded me that foreign policy is one of Joe Biden's strong suits...he's provided Lyin' Ryan quite the history lesson tonight.
- Joe Biden doesn't take their crap. That's what I love about him. He's mopping the floor with this little shit!
- Joe is the man! And people think Ryan is hot?
- coulda shoulda woulda
- They have a problem with the Arab Spring, yet they want to give weapons to the opposition in Syria?
Who is the opposition in Syria, Congressman?
- [quote]Now will this translate to the polls... at all?
Normally, no. But because so much attention was paid to the first debate and its outcome, there is enormous interest in this one. I wouldn't be surprised to find that it does generate a bit of a bounce for Obama.
- Ryan keeps going back to the same weak points about Syria, no depth.
- Um no r277. Your candidate SUCKS. Get lost.
- Joe is on fire and killing it.
- Joe Biden is going to haul off and punch Paul Ryan.
- Biden is stunned and sickened by this inept liar/loser just like Obama was during his debate with Romney. Pres and VP know and state the facts and if people in this country weren't completly fucked up they would know they are voting in evil idiots. Some many of my co-workers are rethugs and I am so glad I am voting by absentee while I am cruising to the the carribean. It would have been sickening to be around them if Romney/Ryan get in, just like the election we lost and the one they stole. Sucked!
- Mention women and gays for fuck sake!
- Can they move on to domestic issues already, this is ridiculous.
- I love Biden's expressions especially when Ryan throws out something completely absurd. While Biden may be laughing and such, he is serious about this and there were a few moments where he looked like he could not believe the words out of Ryan's mouth.
- ohhhh yesssss abortion
- Ryan looks incredibly weak and uneducated.
- " It looks like once again, there will be no discussion of domestic social issues. "
WTF do you think Medicare and abortion are?
- What Paul Ryan is really thinking:
"I'm missing Honey Boo Boo Chile right now!"
- I could hardly take my eyes off the wattle at the beginning, R287. Not a good angle at all. He's still winning, praise baby jesus.
- Oh, Martha! This abortion /religion question is such bullshit! Did she really think this was worthwhile!?
- Martha pressed Ryan for answers, and he could never give any.
He looks like a wet-eared, scared kid and Biden looks like your dad.
- we do not care about your fucking bean
- BEAN!! Give me a break.
- ryan is going there...THAT IS YOUR OPINION jackass.
- I love you R266!
- I'd be terrified if Ryan actually became President. Too young and ignorant.
- He nick-nameed his child "Bean."
Why the fuck didn't i think of that?
- Ryan just lost the Vice Presidency.
- Look at how Ryan's approval lines among the undecided completely flatlines while he talks about his pro-life position.
- I love butter beans with lots of butter and salt
pinto beans give me nasty gas
- Oh, Ryan is whining about "infringing on religious liberties". Ryan just opened himself up.
- When we went to get our sonograms, our little baby was in the shape of a bean, and we nicknamed our little daughter Bean.
Oh Ryan's gonna get it now! He just so contradicted himself on abortion.
- "A Beanie Baby Story"
Starring The Lyin' Ryan Family this fall on TLC.
- Biden speaking on his views on abortion spiked on undecided voters on CNN, men and women
- re 324...i love you
- Paul giving Joe the look of love.
- Ryan keeps making his sad muppet face while Biden speaks on abortion.
- Ryan is coming of as just another off the shelf fucked up Republican.
- [quote]BEAN!! Give me a break.
Beans. Nine bean salad, green beans covered with crunchy onion topping, black bean dip! Why didn't anyone TELL me???
- Who the fuck gave that overfilled bladder more water?
- Ryan just lost the election with Martha's second abortion question.
- Ryan just called the fucking Supreme Court "Unelected Judges"!
Does he deny they are the third freaking branch of our entire government?? Unbelievable! Martha couldn't have stopped and asked about THAT!
- Can't we all agree there's no chance of Ryan children serving in the U.S. Armed Forces?
- No GLBT issues? Boooo!
- "Who the fuck gave that overfilled bladder more water?"
Joe pissed in Ryan's glass, and not just metaphorically.
- OMG Go Joe, slipping in the 47% again!
- Best photo (so far) from the debate:
- I'm so proud of Joe right now. He totally redeemed himself tonight.
- I'm assuming that T-Paw or Rob Portman would have been a better VP pick?
- Ryan just tinkled a little.
- I just passed a bean; top that Congressman Ryan!
- hillarious tweet...
@AdamHammer: My baby was in the shape of a bean and to this day, I suspect my wife may have slept w/ a Mexican - Ryan #VPDebate
- LMAO...Ryan didn't even try to address the amorphous "hero." At least Biden played along...
- "bean" is now trending lol
- Why did Martha let Ryan filibuster again?
- I think Natalie Portman would have been a better pick this point. Or even Winona Ryder.
- Love that Joe mentioned that the items which Obama proposed were voted down by the likes of Paul Ryan.
- Ryan actually has the temerity to attack Obama for not providing specifics!!????
Martha: "Congressman Ryan, do you have any specifics?"
Ryan: "Martha, is that a shiny light there?"
- Stupid last question, Martha!!
- Ryan's coming across quite well here. Sorry to say, but it's true.
- Honesty? Did Ryan just say honesty?
- Ryan sounds like Alan Alda in the "West Wing" debate episode.
- [quote]I'm assuming that T-Paw or Rob Portman would have been a better VP pick?
T-bones? I'll take twelve. And don't give me that Heinz 57 shit either. This bitch takes A-1 or nothing at all.
I lied. I'd eat them if they were smeared with dogshit.
- I love how you can take Ryan's statements as classic definitions of irony.
- Fucker isn't even answering the question on negative campaigning. He's on automatic pilot. Ugly man. And he looked embarassed when the moderator said "perhaps one day one of your children will serve". Answered my question whether Ryan served. Played with G.I. Joe as a kid. Makes him an expert on the military. Right.
- To paraphrase Ann Coulter, "Janna Ryan wants to go home with Joe Biden"
- r346, T-Paw is the world's biggest nonentity and he still probably would have been a better pick
- my comfort food is harvest soups with heavy cream, sometimes I crumble hot dog buns on top with loads of cheese
- All Ryan has is his dramatic pauses and talking points. It's not enough and I don't think anyone's going to like it, since he can't answer specifics and Biden called him out on all his slick lies. He also couldn't deny they would infringe on abortion.
- The news is good from the Huffpo -
- Now comes the bullshit analysis.
- Ryan's summation is terrible.
- Christ. Ryan's closing statement sounds like a cover letter for a resume.
- How is Obamacare a takeover of American healthcare? Isn't it more customers for insurance companies?
In all honesty, isn't Romney a job destroyer more than a job creator?
- Joe's sincerity trumps Lyin' Ryan's faux scripted platitudes any day of the week. I can't believe anyone would take Ryan's pablum with any degree of seriousness.
- Thanks r344.
- So Ryan and Courtney Love both gave their kids' the middle name of "Bean."
I'm pretty sure there's a correlation there.
- I hate my bean
- Biden by a mile.
- Wow, not a single person under than the Candy Crowley Troll finds her jokes funny.
- I wish Joe Biden would debate Mitt Romney now!
- Ryan's closing statement made him look like he was running for high school student council.
- Joe won it for me.
- Damn, Biden's sons are HOT!!
- Megalols at Ryan wiping his forehead the second the debate ended
- "On the issues that matter to people, all Biden."
- Palin did better in her debate with Biden & that ain't saying much.
- I can't wait for the Onion's "Joe Biden" to take his victory lap. I'm thinking tomorrow we'll read about Joe celebrating in a strip club.
- Wolf Blitzer just said the debate was a draw. WTF?? Please go on his twitter feed and call him out for the moron he is.
- I wouldn't want to be the cleanup crew mopping up the urine under Ryan's podium.
- So, HONEST opinions, bitches - who do you think WON?
Let's say what we honestly thought, rather than what we hope is the case.
We need some objective analysis to know what Middle America is thinking.
- [quote]Ryan's coming across quite well here. Sorry to say, but it's true.
Not sure what debate you were watching, but no. Just no. Biden wiped the floor with this pissant little shit.
- Fox is calling Biden defensive and aggressive and Ryan as strong.
Joe's closing statment was heartfelt; Ryan's was a TV commercial for Preparation-H.
- I didn't buy Ryan's close.
- Biden had to drop out of a Presidential race for lying. Govt doesn't work for the ppl
- [quote]Ryan's coming across quite well here. Sorry to say, but it's true.
Oh honey, stop. He said nothing of substance. It was all "we wouldn't do this and we wouldn't do that and we also won't tell you what we would do."
- HE SMIRKED! HE SMIRKED! HE SMIRRRRRRRRKKED!!!!!!!
- We won!
- Totally, r385. But I'm also interested to see how Onion Paul Ryan punishes himself for his performance...
- "Paul Ryan embarrassed himself on Afghanistan tonight. He didn't even understand the question."
- [quote]So, HONEST opinions, bitches - who do you think WON?
Not even close: Biden by a mile.
And I freely admitted last week that Obama sucked for letting Shitt get away with one lie after another.
Ryan may get propped up by Faux News and by those interested in keeping this a horse race, but in all honesty, Ryan was woefully outmatched.
- CNN is calling it a draw😳.
- Biden will draw fire for his dismissive chuckles and his condescending attitude. In the final analysis, Romney's policies just don't work, especially with working class people, and most especially, women.
Biden was better with Palin, but then he had so much more to work with back then.
- CNN, what a bunch of fuckers. They're calling out Biden for his smirking, eye-rolling and interrupting. And they're saying Ryan more than held his own. With what, lies and non-answers? If anyone's on twitter, please flood them about their bias.
- Go Vote for Joe on CNN's debate poll.
He's winning 2:1 now.
- I think Biden was frustrated because it so hard to counter a liar. Romney and Ryan did nothing but lie about their stances. Ryan despite saying he was against abortion would not reply to Biden's charge that Ryan said he thought women being raped should not be allowed an abortion.
I think Obama needs to lie like Romney.
- Biden gave unrefuttable facts, Ryan....no facts.....nothing...Zilch.
- Now you know if they attack Joe for being forceful when they slobbered all over Romney for same...
- John King just said that Dan Quayle had that awful debate and George Bush still won 40 states.
- CNN (eg. David Gergen etc.) are saying it was a draw on substance, but that Ryan won on style?
- CNN is afraid to draw their own conclusion until they hear from the other networks ... wimps!
- It energized the Democratic base - which is really important.
Ryan didn't make any huge gaffes.
So it's a win for the Dems because turnout will be a deciding factor.
And Joe won the "who would you rather have a beer with" contest.
- I didn't see it, R403.
- Right r407, the VP debate was never going to have that much influence anyway. Nothing really to get worked up about either way.
- [quote]Go Vote for Joe on CNN's debate poll.
- Question for CNN and Fox: How can Ryan even be considered to have won when he flat out said three Democrats supported his proposal and each of those Democrats has said they do not?
When I did high-school debate, that was a loss, kiddo.
- The CNN poll is on the bottom right of their front page.
- Need link to CNN's debate poll.
- Bottom right.
- Reince Priebus just on CNN, as dismissive as ever, saying they actually counted the number of times Biden laughed and interrupted. The CNN reporter did try to say that Ryan interrupted as well. Priebus also said that Biden didn't provide any details, especially on taxes.
- The CNN poll link. It's down the page a bit, on the right.
- R410 is right. This debate is not gonna change minds of undecided voters. What it will do, however, is bring disheartened Democrats back to the fold, and because of that, it's a win for Biden.
- Where the debate makes a difference, at least in the short term, is that we'll finally stop the bitching, moaning, handwringing, and concern-trolling from the left. They got what they wanted tonight. In that respect, this debate was a game-changer.
- On CNN's home page, try doing a search in your browser (control+F), and type in the words "Quick vote" to find the poll, where Biden is leading 66-34.
- If you don't have a Twitter, get one. It's free and easy.
Tweet and re-tweet everything pro-Biden you see.
Rethugs are trying to steamroll BS about Ryan winning.
Funny too, because all the compliments they give him are the exact criticisms everyone directed at Obama.
- How can they call out VP Joe for the exact thing that Mitt did? The only difference is that VP Joe wasn't lying.
- Chris Rock: Paul Ryan says the President is "projecting weakness around the world." Osama Bin Laden responds with silence.
- My Joe, my Joe.
- CNN will likely change their tune once the votes are up.
That's exactly what they did for the presidential debate.
- Interesting post-debate image.
- On Twitter Freepers are asking people to tweet that Ryan won, even if they think he didn't.
Don't let the court of public opinion fuck us again.
- Why was Romney presidential and forceful but Biden was rude?
- PLEASE flood CNN with pro-Biden tweets.
- I think it's a generational thing.
Vice President wiped the floor with congrassman Ryan.
In Vice President Biden's day, that would have meant he was the winner.
Congressman Ryan participated. In his day, that would make him the winner.
- Washington Post front page has Biden winning 70%. I'm getting really ticked a cable talking heads.
Biden wiped the floor with Ryan. So what if he laughed at Ryan?
- Who do you think fared better in the vice presidential debate?
Biden 66% 2054
Ryan 34% 1059
Total votes: 3113
- Why indeed, R431.
- Liberal commentators are saying Biden kicked ass while right wing commentators are saying it was a draw.
That tells you all you need to know -- Biden succeeded in firing up Democratic voters while Ryan was forgettable at best.
That is all.
- Unbelievable that Biden gets chastised for what Romney was praised for.
- Pretty much, R437.
- R 434
Laughing at Ryan's idiocy was really the kinder response.
- Keep voting. Joe's winning two-to-one.
- Fucking CNN. They're all but calling Ryan presidential, saying he presented himself and his position/facts better than Biden. Every time they mention Biden, everyone has to make a derogatory comment and occasionally laugh.
- I'd fuck biden, happily, I don't care how old he is.
- And, while you are at it, please vote in the CNBC poll, which the Freepers have obviously targeted because Lyin' Ryan is ahead.
- Btw I was watching NBC, and they had pretty much the same shtick as CNN: calling it a "draw." Tom Brokaw, who actually moderated the Quayle/Bentsen debate, also pointed out that Bentsen both wiped the floor with Quayle *and* brought up the same Jack Kennedy comment, but Bush/Quayle still won. (Not mentioned was that Bush was the incumbent VP and Dukakis was one of the weakest presidential candidates in Democratic history.)
- It felt like Biden was playing in the main for Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Florida.
Which is all that matters.
If you were a senior or a working class mother, you probably thought Biden won.
He's like everyone's slightly tipsy, happy drunk uncle....
A little boisterous, a little loud, a little dismissive of those who disagree, but overall a jovial old guy.
God Bless Grampa Joe.
- That's why we have to make some noise, R443.
- R201, you're a fucking moron.
- Lay off the CNN opinion vote. It's not a poll.
Calm the fuck down.
CBS News did a flash poll of undecided voters, i.e. a scientific poll which has:
That's in line with most commentators.
And the winner of the flash polls opens up his lead over the next day (thanks MSNBC!).
- One of the comments from the Guardian article (obviously from a Tory asshole, and obviously stated BEFORE the debate):
"Ha. Gaffe-o-matic vs. one of the best minds in politics. Biden won't be able to plagiarize like he did in law school or from British Labour politician Neil Kinnock. He won't dare discuss current affairs. What a loser."
Daft cunt! (as the Brits say)
- R447, Biden was playing to the adults.
- R450, you're not the boss of me.
- How was it a draw? How can Ryan claim to have one at any point? By any basis?
I DON'T GET IT.
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R) of Tennessee is a cunt.
That is all.
- Did anybody hear Paul Ryan call the Supreme Court "Unelected Judges"! Really? One third of the three co-equal branches of our whole system of government is reduced to "Unelected Judges"? Wow!
- Tweet the CBS poll.
Click on the icon in the upper left corner.
- Can you imagine the Supreme Court elections?
Oh my god - the primaries!
- Where was Ryan's "substance" that everyone keeps referring to?
- [quote] if I read tomorrow about how Ryan kicked Joe's ass, there will be Hell to pay.
You'll only read that on the FReeptards' website.
- Who's the bitch on CNN 's panel?
- R456, while I agree with you on point, I must also point out that the judicial branch of our federal government does not consist solely of the Supreme Court. We have thousands of district and appellate-level federal judges in it as well, and in reality, they establish far more general law than the Supreme Court, which hears only about 75 cases per year these days.
- It was all those rambling, lying bits, R459.
- CBS poll tweeted.
Took me forever because I'm brand new to Twitter but I did it, goddammit.
Now I'm looking for more to tweet.
I consider it my version of working a phone bank.
- R459, Ryan had "substance" only in the context that he had no major gaffes, and that he was reasonably well-coached on foreign affairs. Which is not to say Biden didn't wipe the fucking floor with him, given that he was working in the Senate when Paul Ryan was LITERALLY A TODDLER.
- The President stopped on his way to wherever and said some nice things about VP Biden and his debate performance. He seems happy with it.
- Obama should be pleased, Joe just wiped the memory of his dismal performance vs. Romney. Now my President needs to step up to the next debate opportunity.
- [quote]The President stopped on his way to wherever and said some nice things about VP Biden and his debate performance. He seems happy with it.
He damn well should be. Seems happy? He should be fucking ecstatic.
- Ryan's closing was so pathetic. Speech 101- Rehearsed, cliched, and phony.
- Well you know how he is, Mr. Cool, Calm and Collected. I didn't mean to imply a lack of enthusiasm on the part of the President.
He was happy about the Biden win. He was also somewhat reserved and "presidential" about it. No surprise, he IS the President. He can't spike the ball - at least not in public.
- Sorry, R468, I didn't mean to imply anything less than enthusiasm from the President. He was happy with the job VP Biden did, but he IS the President. He can't spike the ball. His response was pleased and "presidential" at the same time.
- Beau Biden = Teh Hotnezz
- Mary Matalin is an absolute bitch, I didn't like the way she talked to the man on her left telling him to "look it up". How about she looks up CUNT in the dictionary. I'm also beginning to question CNN's polls, everyone I know thinks Biden won. Ryan is a liar and I'm glad Joe called him out on it.
- Stepping down from Air Force One, President Barack Obama praised his vice president's performance in the debate.
"I'm going to make a special point of saying that I thought Joe Biden was terrific tonight. I could not be prouder of him. I thought he made a very strong case. I really think that his passion for making sure that the economy grows for the middle class came through. So I'm very proud of him," he said, according to the White House pool report.
Obama added that he talked Biden after the debate.
Sorry - I obviously only heard part of his statement.
- I have been ambivalent about CNN as I watch them struggle to get back on top as a news source. They were bullied by conservatives and the right and have overcorrected. I tend to start in the middle on most political topics (although I vote for Democrats in elections since they usually represent the cumulative views I hold). But I'm done with CNN now. Their is not even veiled anymore. I used to think David Gergen was most often fair in his assessment. I don't listen to him anymore.
- CNN will continue to lose viewers because the illusion of objectivity comes at the expense of the truth.
They're an absolute disgrace.
- I totally agree r475. I used to watch CNN regularly and still do on occasion, such as these debates, elections, etc but no more. Their bias is showing more and more and, worse than that, is the sheer unprofessionalism as newspeople. Call me an eldergay, but i can't imagine any old-fashioned news reporter (Cronkite, etc) acting as they do.
- Frank Lundtz had a focus group from Ohio on Fox. Almost all the members had voted for Obama in 2008. They claimed they were undecideds now. They weren't favorable towards Biden's smirking. Most undecideds go for the challenger.
- R477, I was a looooong time viewer of CNN, but I haven't watched them in probably a year for the reason I stated at R476.
- R478, if Biden had Ryan in the fetal position, FOX/Luntz would declare Ryan the winner. Give it a rest with the FOX bullshit.
Why do you watch that garbage anyway?
- Mary Matalin has dead eyes. Shark eyes. Doll eyes. Eyes that look like she's been possessed by the Devil. Eyes that look like someone has been working Root magic on her. Those eyes scare me.
- I agree too r475. CNN never again.
If America votes these dopes, Romney/Ryan into office, they deserve everything they get. America would be totally stupid to elect these two and I hope they suffer incredibly if they are elected.
- What kiss me is how Anderson Cooper puts himself out there as some great journalist in the likes of Walter Cronkite, Edward R. Murrow and so on. He lets his bias show so much, not only on television but also in his tweets. And if anyone questions him, his typical response is to say that he treats everyone the same, keeping them honest.
- R482, since you're not from here, I gather you're not aware that only a few million people, if that, hold the presidential election in their hands? Because of our electoral college, it's all up to the voters in the handful of battleground states. Not coincidentally, Republicans have been heading all kind of shenanigans to disenfranchise typically Democratic voters. So, no it's not a black and white, simple thing.
- I was reading some tweets during the debate and somehow got one from Team Romney ... after I gagged and nearly fell off the treadmill I realized I couldn't tell where it had come from. There was no retweet or anything like that. Does Twitter just randomly send you tweets? Because, if so, they missed the mark on that one by about a billion miles.
- We have to work hard to make sure the election isn't close. Karl Rove is going to steal it if he can and that is no bullshit. GOTV is critical. There is also an outside chance that Ohio will halt the early voting, so if you live in Ohio and you can vote do it ASAP! Don't wait.
- I have NO idea how "What pisses me off" got auto-translated to "What kiss me"
- CNN has become so biased now, they let their conservative commentators run all over the liberals, barely letting them talk. None of the reporters ever challenge the lies of Romney/Ryan or their surrogates (Soledad O'Brien is the ONE exception to this). They are shilling for the right wing now and I hate that Candy Crowley will be the next debate moderator because she is not going to be fair to President Obama, that's a given.
- Hmm, that random Romney tweet must have been an Android app thing. I don't see it here in my desktop tweets.
- [quote]Mary Matalin has dead eyes. Shark eyes. Doll eyes. Eyes that look like she's been possessed by the Devil. Eyes that look like someone has been working Root magic on her. Those eyes scare me.
The eyes of someone who has no soul. The eyes of someone who defends Rush Limbaugh and Todd Akin. She is a sick woman and I despise her.
- FOX NEWS' CHRIS WALLACE: I've Never Seen A Candidate As Disrespectful As Joe Biden Was Tonight
- God, the Republicans look like a bunch of pussies right now. Whining because Biden was so mean to poor, little Ryan. Hilarious.
- [quote]FOX NEWS' CHRIS WALLACE: I've Never Seen A Candidate As Disrespectful As Joe Biden Was Tonight
I thought Biden was strong and vice-presidential!
- I love this pic of Ryan and Biden passing each other after the debate:
- Ha, no love lost there R494.
- Had the meat buffet at the CNN Grill along with some hot dogs, my feet are really swollen
- Reading the comments on that Business Insider link...it's like conservatives truly inhabit a different universe than the rest of us.
- Good picture R494, Paul Ryan is looking at Biden like "I can't believe you just did that to me, old man."
Biden's looking back like "Yes I did."
- loved it, watching the replay anyone who thinks Paul Ryan won that debate is lying to themselves.
- Keep eating Candy, maybe your feet will swell up so much that you won't be able to walk next Tuesday and they'll have to replace your big biased ass.
- R497, I was about to write something similar. What a vile site and all of the idiots give each other hundreds of thumbs up for *any* negative comment -regardless of accuracy- directed at Obama/Biden. Diseased minds over there.
I mean, you sure as hell don't have to love the Dems, but give me a fucking break with this bullshit of trying to act like Ryan didn't get his ass handed to him and that Biden is just a big "meany." Fucking cowards.
Those of us on the left called out Obama for being weak when he debated, yet these fucking assholes have the nerve to call US the "kool-aid" drinkers? Losers.
- The right wing loons, pundits and loony pundits who are whining about VP Biden being "mean" or complaining about his expressions are basically admitting that Biden beat their boy on content.
- Well, if the general consensus is that liberals/undecideds felt that Biden won and conservatives are claiming the debate a tie, the truth is that Joe must have won handily. Conservatives would never readily admit a loss; they are incapable of showing any objectivity.
- Huffington Post Survey says Joe WON
- Martha totally lost. Tired, old, dehydrated, raspy, fumbling, seemed like the wrong energy for this debate.
- I thought Martha was good, the best moderator I can recall actually. Far better than the doddering Lehrer.
- Since you are both Catholics and please get personal because this is an emotional issue, how do you guys feel about the killing of little babies...I mean abortion
- Anyone who has ever watched Martha Raddatz knows she is all business, very professional and knows her issues, particularly foreign policy.
Her skill tonight showed. I think she should have moderated the Presidential Debates rather than the VP. You can not possibly choose Candy Crowley over Martha.
- [R485] That was a promoted tweet. I saw it as well and was confused. Apparently you can pay to have a message tweeted to people even if they don't follow you. There was an option to dismiss it, which I did, hopefully to let them know I didn't appreciate it.
- Biden clearly won. The media is showing cowardice and pro-Romney bias in claiming Ryan won. They are using the words that should have been used to describe Romney in the first debate "aggressive, disrespectful, etc." Joe could and did speak in a commanding style because he had substance, experience, and knew what he was talking about. Romney was aggressive with nonstop bluster and lies coming out of his mouth.
- I agree that Martha was a good and tough moderator. She didn't let them weenie out
as past moderators have done.
- LOVE R494's pic. Biden and Ryan look exactly like tomcats looking aslant at each other just before the howling and asswhipping start. Biden, the old experienced yard cat, balls intact, is about to make pampered, neutered house cat Ryan REALLY regret darting out the screen door.
- I don't know why, but've always had the impression that if God has a face it looks just like Biden's.
First numbers are now up, link up shortly. Debate drew less than 30 million viewers, 40 million less than the 72 million in 2008.
CBS: Vice presidential debate (8.3 million, 5.3/8)
ABC: Vice presidential debate (7.5 million, 4.7/7)
NBC: Vice presidential debate (7.1 million, 4.4/6)
FOX: 5.2 million
72 million in 2008 for Sarah Palin + Joe Biden.
- Where is the DL Poll Troll? What have the polls said about who won the debate?
- [quote]Debate drew less than 30 million viewers, 40 million less than the 72 million in 2008.
Actually, it drew 51.4 million viewers. See link.
- So, in hindsight, Biden's VP debate performance may have stopped or mitigated the Obama slide, but it did not really create an Obama bounce. The third presidential debate is crucial.