CEO, husband of "Queen of Versailles" will likely fire workers if they vote for Obama.
SICKENING. This is what they do when they don't get their own way.
Date:Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:58:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: [David Siegel]
To: [All employees]
To All My Valued Employees,
As most of you know our company, Westgate Resorts, has continued to succeed in spite of a very dismal economy. There is no question that the economy has changed for the worse and we have not seen any improvement over the past four years. In spite of all of the challenges we have faced, the good news is this: The economy doesn't currently pose a threat to your job. What does threaten your job however, is another 4 years of the same Presidential administration. Of course, as your employer, I can't tell you whom to vote for, and I certainly wouldn't interfere with your right to vote for whomever you choose. In fact, I encourage you to vote for whomever you think will serve your interests the best.
However, let me share a few facts that might help you decide what is in your best interest.The current administration and members of the press have perpetuated an environment that casts employers against employees. They want you to believe that we live in a class system where the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. They label us the "1%" and imply that we are somehow immune to the challenges that face our country. This could not be further from the truth. Sure, you may have heard about the big home that I'm building. I'm sure many people think that I live a privileged life. However, what you don't see or hear is the true story behind any success that I have achieved.
I started this company over 42 years ago. At that time, I lived in a very modest home. I converted my garage into an office so I could put forth 100% effort into building a company, which by the way, would eventually employ you. We didn't eat in fancy restaurants or take expensive vacations because every dollar I made went back into this company. I drove an old used car, and often times, I stayed home on weekends, while my friends went out drinking and partying. In fact, I was married to my business - hard work, discipline, and sacrifice. Meanwhile, many of my friends got regular jobs. They worked 40 hours a week and made a nice income, and they spent every dime they earned. They drove flashy cars and lived in expensive homes and wore fancy designer clothes. My friends refinanced their mortgages and lived a life of luxury. I, however, did not. I put my time, my money, and my life into this business --with a vision that eventually, some day, I too, will be able to afford to buy whatever I wanted. Even to this day, every dime I earn goes back into this company. Over the past four years I have had to stop building my dream house, cut back on all of my expenses, and take my kids out of private schools simply to keep this company strong and to keep you employed.
Just think about this - most of you arrive at work in the morning and leave that afternoon and the rest of your time is yours to do as you please. But not me- there is no "off" button for me. When you leave the office, you are done and you have a weekend all to yourself. I unfortunately do not have that freedom. I eat, live, and breathe this company every minute of the day, every day of the week. There is no rest. There is no weekend. There is no happy hour. I know many of you work hard and do a great job, but I'm the one who has to sign every check, pay every expense, and make sure that this company continues to succeed. Unfortunately, what most people see is the nice house and the lavish lifestyle. What the press certainly does not want you to see, is the true story of the hard work and sacrifices I've made.
Now, the economy is falling apart and people like me who made all the right decisions and invested in themselves are being forced to bail out all the people who didn't. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed 42 years of my life for. Yes, business ownership has its benefits, but the price I've paid is steep and not without wounds. Unfortunately, the costs of running a business have gotten out of control, and let me tell you why: We are being taxed to death and the government thinks we don't pay enough. We pay state taxes, federal taxes, property taxes, sales and use taxes, payroll taxes, workers compensation taxes and unemployment taxes. I even have to hire an entire department to manage all these taxes. The question I have is this: Who is really stimulating the economy? Is it the Government that wants to take money from those who have earned it and give it to those who have not, or is it people like me who built a company out of his garage and directly employs over 7000 people and hosts over 3 million people per year with a great vacation?
Obviously, our present government believes that taking my money is the right economic stimulus for this country. The fact is, if I deducted 50 percent of your paycheck you'd quit and you wouldn't work here. I mean, why should you? Who wants to get rewarded only 50 percent of their hard work? Well, that's what happens to me.
Here is what most people don't understand and the press and our Government has chosen to ignore - to stimulate the economy you need to stimulate what runs the economy. Instead of raising my taxes and depositing that money into the Washington black-hole, let me spend it on growing the company, hire more employees, and generate substantial economic growth. My employees will enjoy the wealth of that tax cut in the form of promotions and better salaries. But that is not what our current Government wants you to believe. They want you to believe that it somehow makes sense to take more from those who create wealth and give it to those who do not, and somehow our economy will improve. They don't want you to know that the "1%", as they like to label us, pay more than 31% of all the taxes in this country. Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said, "democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Business is at the heart of America and always has been. To restart it, you must stimulate business, not kill it. However, the power brokers in Washington believe redistributing wealth is the essential driver of the American economic engine. Nothing could be further from the truth and this is the type of change they want.
So where am I going with all this? It's quite simple. If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company. Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone.
So, when you make your decision to vote, ask yourself, which candidate understands the economics of business ownership and who doesn't? Whose policies will endanger your job? Answer those questions and you should know who might be the one capable of protecting and saving your job. While the media wants to tell you to believe the "1 percenters" are bad, I'm telling you they are not. They create most of the jobs. If you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the "1%"; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country.
You see, I can no longer support a system that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, so will your opportunities. If that happens, you can find me in the Caribbean sitting on the beach, under a palm tree, retired, and with no employees to worry about.
Signed, your boss,
- I realize after the fact, that there was an earlier thread. But this deserves another mention just to remind you that there are evil people in America.
- This is what used to happen all the time before the introduction of the secret ballot. Employers would require their workers to vote for their preferred candidate and would fire them if they disobeyed. Ah, the good old days.
- Yes we've heard. Yesterday.
- He has the nasty, hateful, ugly face of most Republicans.
- r4, please see my post at r2.
- He does, r5. Just look at that mug.
And he has the nerve to participate in that "Queen of Versailles" movie. You know what? I don't really hate rich people, especially people who've worked their butts off. But I truly, truly hate rich people who are so far out of touch with reality that they may as well be orbiting Jupiter.
This blackmailing and threatening of voters is truly a desperate measure. Why anybody in this world would stand along with Republicans in this year's election is truly mind-boggling. But this is America in the 21st century. The Great Enlightenment which gave birth to our country has dimmed to a speck over the past 12 years.
I sincerely want to spit in this man's face. I really, really do.
- I hope someone kills him.
- That would not help Obama very much, r8. They would make him a martyr.
- [quote]I sincerely want to spit in this man's face. I really, really do.
We spit in every one of his homecooked meals lovingly prepared and served by us.
His chef and waitstaff
- I just watched this film on Bravo. This guy is a complete major jerk! His ego is enormous that he thinks he is GOD. He said he got Bush elected president and it was all because of him. He also said people are happy because of him,on and on. I don't doubt that he was a major player in getting Bush elected and I'm not surprised because this has been going on for years and years. Most presidents gain their power position through connections by the major wealthy. This both political parties. George Soros has been a major contributor to Obama getting elected,and George Soros is extremely feared and powerful. Kennedy got elected through his father's well connected very powerful cronies.
- How many people did he fire?
- R12, I think he said around 7,000 people. However, he and his wife claimed they made adjustments in their lifestyle ,so they didn't have to fire,ore employees.
- he didn't fire them guys...he couldn't PAY THEM.
The guy is the lowest form of low. Bragging about taking advantage of stupid poor people.
And, why isn't he being investigated??? HE REALLY WAS HEAVILY INVOLVED IN THE 2000 ELECTION and he said on national tv: "I got Bush elected, and it wasn't legal".
He is a power-player. His ego couldn't keep his mouth shut.
Investigate this white trash loser.
- So, to recap, because Siegel values hard work and bootstrapping, he supported the legacy-admission, gentleman's C, company-ruining, AWOL candidate?
- The family is trash. Complete and utter trash.
He was threatening to fire employees if they voted for Obama, but the wife goes on WWHL and claims they stopped building their ridiculous house in order to "save jobs." Niqqa please! How stupid do these hicks think we are.
- "If they raise taxes, I can't afford to pay my workers."
"I'm going to be sitting under a palm tree in the Caribbean without a care in the world."
Anybody see the disconnect here?
- The wife is one of the worst dressers I have ever seen. She is so unbelievable tacky! You notice with all of their money, they don't own priceless art and antiques? They look like reproductions around their house and just a lot of junk. Also, the wife was showing the warehouse housing the objects she is putting in the new Versailles mansion. A lot of it, again, seemed like made in China reproductions or just really bad copies of old beautiful objects d'art and copies of high end antique marble garden statues. Why the hell with all of that money would they buy reproductions, and not own priceless art and antiques? Man! Theses people are thee most trailer trashiest of trailer trash.
BTW, The guy is a first rate creep! When he was married to his first wife, he had three children with her and he became a millionaire and dumped her with their kids. They had to struggle to survive and they were so poor that they ate spam. However, he did send his kids some money only to buy some school clothes and that was it. He never saw them nor he didn't care to see them on their birthdays Christmases, etc. However, after all of that crap what he did to his first wife and his children, when one of his sons got older, he made his son an offer if he would like to live with him in his wealthy lifestyle. The backstabbing son accepted his dad's offer living the extravagant lifestyle! If that was my father I would tell him to screw off! The son sounds like a creep like his father!
- Still here, posting from Budapest!
- Notice how they were squeezed out of Las Vegas? They were too tacky for Vegas.
- That Westgate tower was indeed the tackiest fucking thing on the strip. Ugly as all fuck.