- I still don't get why people call her fat when she's relatively the same size as the other actresses...where is the fat?
- her thighs are huge!! has she not heard of bulimia?
- Does she have a thyroid condition?
- Cunts, the lot of you.
- She's a COW
- Who the fuck is Jennifer Lawrence?
- here r6....
- Niels Bohr! Thanks.
- What a cow!
- Saw her last night in Silver Linings Playbook and she was terrific. So was the whole movie.
- yes r9 agreed she does look like a cow. At least the long gowns cover her thunder thighs.
- I think she's hot. Love her curves instead of the anorexic LeAnn's out there.
- OP is on a meth binge. On the PA Attorny General thread he said all Pennsylvanians should walled up and gassed.
- NY Mag Oscar Futures have declared her the front runner.
- I hate that fat bitch.
- I'm not doubting she's a good actress.
But let's get real.
She is the frontrunner because she is young, white, pretty, a box office darling, and American.
She's running against Emmanuelle Riva and Marion Cotillard who are infinitely more deserving.
- You haven't even seen the movie so, as usual, you don't know what you're talking about, r16. Your opinions are worthless. They always are.
- Yes, my opinion is worthless considering I predicted Meryl's win months in advance, against the hysterical crowd who was DEAD CERTAIN precious Viola Davis totally had it in the bag.
If anyone is well-placed to make predictions, it is me.
Btw, I'm not even saying JL won't win. I do believe she will win. I can live with that. She's a good actress, just not as good as her competition this year.
And I have seen Amour.
Haven't seen the Cotillard film yet, but her performance was raved about in Cannes. Enough evidence for me.
No, I don't believe you need to have seen every film to make predictions. You just need to be good at it - and I am.
- She looks like Ivanka Trump in r9's pic.
- she's not fat just curvy,at least she's not a anorexic,lollipop like all the other it girls out there.!!
- Am I the only one who thought she was OK in Winter's Bone, but nothing spectacular? In fact, I thought she carried a single serious facial expression through most of the film. She was, also, chunky in the film. She's lost a lot of weight since, so it's total bullshit that she's not into being slim.
- She's probably a size 4.
Only someone with body dysmorphic disorder would think that is fat.
- "It is me..."?
- I think she gained for Winter's Bone.
- She was good in Winter's Bone
Has anyone seen the Silver Linings movie?
- I'm watching X-Men: First Class and she's wearing a mini skirt. Her body is just fine, including her thighs.
- Of course her body is fine, it amazes me when people take the silly cuntiness seriously. Just posters trying to be funny and give this place its character.
- I'm going to ignore the fat word and just go ahead and say there is no 'may' win an Oscar for this chick. She'll have a couple in the bag in no time.
- Straight guy here. Jennifer Lawrence is incredibly fuckable.
- [quote]Yes, my opinion is worthless considering I predicted Meryl's win months in advance, against the hysterical crowd who was DEAD CERTAIN precious Viola Davis totally had it in the bag.
Meryl loon "predicted" it without ever seeing the movie first. Hate to tell you this dear, but most people thought it would be either Davis or Streep so predicting her wasn't anything special you poor deluded panty stain.
[quote]And I have seen Amour. Haven't seen the Cotillard film yet, but her performance was raved about in Cannes. Enough evidence for me.
No you haven't but thanks for playing.
[quote]No, I don't believe you need to have seen every film to make predictions. You just need to be good at it - and I am.
No you aren't but again thanks for playing.
- [quote]Only someone with body dysmorphic disorder would think that is fat.
Or someone who wishes he had that body.
- You gaggle of fags wish you looked that good.
- Great, call her fat. Buy into the disease and denigrate this gorgeous, talented young actress.
The shallow and misguided bullshit emerging from DL lately!
- "Lately"? Oh honey!
- I am told Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, and Robert De Niro are all potential Oscar nominees for Silver Linings Playbook. I won't see it at the theatre. I'll see it as a rental.
It's about time Robert did something decent. His film choices have been atrocious the past, oh, twenty years or so. Garbage, really. I don't like Bradley Cooper. He does nothing for me. He looks like a smug smartass no matter what he is doing.
Jennifer Lawrence borders on being overweight. I noticed that about her last time she got nominated for an Oscar. She was voluptuous. But I liked her in Winter's Bone, and saw her in the Hunger Games which I was surprised at. I enjoyed it. Didn't expect to.
- So overweight she's now the new face of Dior.
- She is stunning!
- "Jennifer Lawrence borders on being overweight"
According to whom - skeletor?
- "Jennifer Lawrence borders on being overweight."
Anna Wintour! Welcome to the Datalounge!
Seriously, that girl is very slender, probably underweight by medical standards. She has lovely hourglass porportions, so she photographs as voluptuous, but anyone who thinks she's fat has no idea what a healthy female body looks like.
- R35 sounds like a 65-year-old woman.
- On the set of the next HG movie. She's dropped a few lbs.
- r39 sounds fat too
- [quote]According to whom - skeletor?
Skeletor was actually quite beefy outside of the face. Lawrence is the opposite - pretty slim in the body, round and chubby in the face.
- Jennifer's face isn't all that round.
- I'll admit I may have put on a pound or two, here and there, but you people talk like I should be ordering fabric at Georgia Tent and Awning.
- Jennifer is very sexy. Her figure is very attractive. Nothing fat about her.
- She's really hot in this clip in Silver Linings with Bradley Cooper
- Jennifer Lawrence is a beautiful girl, and is certainly NOT fat! Jennifer also supports her gays, so stop with the fat comments!
- Jennifer Lawrence: By Hollywood standards, I’m considered ‘obese’
Fri, 9 Nov, 2012
Jennifer Lawrence may star in "The Hunger Games," but she vows that she will never engage in extreme dieting just to fit into Hollywood's rail-thin world.
In a new interview with Elle, the statuesque 22-year-old gets candid about the unattainable body standards in showbiz, revealing that, among her peers in the industry, she is inexplicably thought of as someone who is overweight. "In Hollywood, I'm obese," notes the Kentucky native. "I'm considered a fat actress." To make her point she adds, "I'm Val Kilmer in that one picture on the beach," referring to the 2007 photo of the actor in his bathing suit, which generated a slew of nasty headlines. She then goes on to talk about her food habits, saying, "I eat like a caveman. I'll be the only actress who doesn't have anorexia rumors."
- When do you think I'll get my oscar? By 2020?
- Right now she's considered the one to beat, R50. Two Oscar noms by 22 ain't bad.
- 2015 or sooner.
- She's getting it this year for the Silver Linings thing.
- she looks to me like a size four
- I love Jennifer so much, and she also loves her gays...please, give her the Oscar!!!
- [quote]Jennifer Lawrence may star in "The Hunger Games," but she vows that she will never engage in extreme dieting just to fit into Hollywood's rail-thin world.
bad idea....no one wants to watch a fat girl.
- Jennifer at the Hollywood Film Awards. Jodie Foster introduces her.
She's a tall, not slight, woman. Probably a 6/8, but perfect for her.
- A little zaftig.
- On the Letterman show from 2011 with dark hair. She reminds me a little of Emily Deschanel.
- Thank god she didn't get the role of Bella in Twilight. It might have ruined her career.
- I agree, R60
- [quote]Yes, my opinion is worthless considering I predicted Meryl's win months in advance
Oh big deal. You predict her every single year for every single film. Last year you even predicted her again for HOPE SPRINGS this year.
- Most straight men are not into rail thin women. Gay men must be running Hollywood.
- I think she has a brand new case of trout lip. Tsk, tsk...
- Her old lips:
- Bangs suit her.
- No chance. Quvenzhané Wallis has a lock on the Best Actress trophy. Case closed.
- Jennifer Lawrence is not fat. She is hot. She is also a very good actress still learning her craft so she will also improve.
- My doctor put me on Quvenzhané for my depression.
- Kristen Stewart is seething with jealousy!
- She's a bit young isn't she for a lead Oscar? Has a long career in front of her with a lot of opportunities. I dont think she's going anywhere in the near future. Would they really give it to her this early on?
- R25, R10, Just saw Silver Linings Playbook at a critics' screening. Jennifer almost stole the movie. Funny&dark rom/com.
- This is probably the fattest thread on all of DL, poster-wise. Hopefully you food addicts will swarm here and not fat up the rest of the threads.
- And Oscar does not guarantee longevity. She can get one early but that doesn't mean she will have a 40 year career. The way its going, every actor is replaceable now.
- And = An
- She's got another Oscar bait role next year with Serena, also starring Bradley Cooper. Plus the Glass Castle has potential too. She's going to be around for a long time.
- On Leno talking about how she got into an accident.
- On Ellen she talked about her mom voting her Oscar ballot and being a member of the Academy.
- Jennifer once said that her mom was like Dina Lohan but iwith good taste.
- She seems to be in a sweet spot now when she can play anywhere from 18 to 30.
- Jennifer can look forward to a long career of playing opposite actors much older than she is.
- She is gorgeous.
I've only seen her in The Hunger Games. She had the perfect figure in that, and her acting was fine.
- Jennifer Lawrence was born to play Katness Evergreen in The Hunger Games...she's FABULOUS!
- [quote]Thank god she didn't get the role of Bella in Twilight. It might have ruined her career.
However, she might have improved the movie, because she is a better actress than Stewart.
- I've seen her in movies and I still can't remember what she looks like outside of what her character looked in the movie. She's good at changing up her look?
- [quote]On Ellen she talked about her mom voting her Oscar ballot and being a member of the Academy.
That pissed me off! Makes me hate her mother. I did not find it endearing.
- She was too curvy for the Hunger Games role but she has a fantastic body in general. Not for the character of Katniss who we read over and over again was thin thin thin due to only eating the small game she hunted.
love JL, just not as Katniss
- In a bikini yesterday. She has a small waist and a full behind.
- A few more - and some with her brother! Good genes run in that family.
- Is she dropped 20# she would be smoking hot.
- R90 - She doesn't need to lose a pound. She basically has Claire Dane's body but with a full chest.
- She truly has the perfect hourglass figure.
I used to give the "Jennifer is fat" trolls the benefit of the doubt and would charitably assuume they were sending up Hollywood culture, but now I think their view of women's bodies really is that warped.
- If Quvenzhané Wallis wins, it will be the best story of the Oscars. It's the one cool WTF moment when you first learn about it.
The rest of that Goldderby list is bizarre...
Affleck as Best Director?
Les Mis as Best Picture?
- If Quvenzhane Wallis and Denzel don't win, there gon' be riots in Compton, Harlem and Detroit, I'm tellin' you that.
- Jennifer Lawrence is a fat bitch and her pussy stinks.
- Jennifer's body is phenomenal, but her brother proves that she's genetically predisposed to being a little chubby if she's not careful.
- This thread is warped. This woman has the perfect figure.
It's the likes of Kiera Knightley who have unappealing figures and who probably inadvertently encourage eating disorders in teenage girls.
- [r90] must be mentally ill. Some gay men think anorexic is hot, apparently. Lawrence has a killer body, most straight men and mentally healthy women would agree.
- Jennifer Lawrence made a scene at the ceremony last time she was nominated because the Governors ball didn't serve pork rinds.
- More pics of Jennifer and her brother.
- Scene of JL in the Bill Engvall show
- She's not going to win the Oscar, though she will be nominated.
- The ONTD crowd are mad at Jennifer because she said on the Ellen show that she named her cat Chaz Bono because the cat is a female with 'masculine energy'.
So now they've labeled her transphobic.
- That's kind of hilarious, R103. What did Ellen say?
- What was the audience response?
- Named Most Desirable Woman by Ask Men.
- Anything new?
- She looks great on the cover of Vanity Fair.
Who ever is running her career is really doing a great job.
- She's not fat but she doesn't have a very pretty face. Eyes too close together and chipmunk cheeks. I hate that every starlet now is called a beauty whether they are or not. Let's just say she's attractive and leave it at that.
- She was terrific in Silver Lining... And if she is a cow then cows are beautiful.
- She's not the frontrunner. Her heat died weeks ago. It's all about Emanuelle Riva and Amour now.
- Riva will be lucky to get nominated. Right now the frontrunners are Jennifer Lawrence and Jessica Chastain.
- The Emanuelle Riva who failed to get Golden Globe/SAG nominations?
I loved "Amour" and think that Riva gave the best female performance that I've seen this year (haven't seen Silver Linings or Zero Dark Thirty) but her buzz is fading. It's still a Chastain vs Lawrence race with Naomi Watts as a possible spoiler, at least for now.
And I'm 90% sure that "Amour" will lose to "The Intouchables".
- Just saw SLP and Jennifer is NOT fat. OP is one crazy bitch.
A few scenes don't work but overall loved LOVED movie. It will be a shame if Bradley is not nominated. He's just as good as she is...
- Saw Silver Linings Playbook this afternoon. She was awfully good.
- She's the anti-Kstew. Thank god.
- I can't stop thinking about Silver Linings Playbook which is a sign of a great movie. I hope that floozy from Zero Dark Thirty doesn't win (haven't seen it yet and I loved JC in The Help).
Can someone please tell how the ending in the book and movie are different?
LIK (currently in IN)
- She's hosting SNL on January 19th.
- Some of you people are awful! While she has no clue or even cares who you are here you are taking time out of your day to bash her. Keep hating and being jealous as she wins an Oscar! Sorry some of you are probably untalented wannabes. Go Jennifer you are beautiful and talented!!!
- Why do people keep calling Jennifer Lawrence FAT? She supports her gay fans, so be respectful!
- I just saw Silver Linings Playbook, and Jennifer was horribly brilliant.
A well deserved nomination.
- OP = Lara Flynn Boyle
- She quoted the First Wives Club in her Golden Globes acception speech. How can you hate on that?
- She ain't winning it. It's Chastain's to win at this point, with a possible upset by Riva or Wallis.
R123 How do you know she quoted the film? "I beat Meryl" isn't exactly unique. Her whole speech in fact was rather blah.
- "What does it say, 'I beat Meryl,'" is what Jennifer said when she stepped on stage.
It turns out, the talented young actress was actually quoting 1996's "The First Wives Club."
In the film, Bette Midler's character says to Goldie Hawn's character, "Once you were a terrific actress. You even got an Oscar to prove it." Bette's character sees and touches the golden statue in the scene, saying, "'I beat Meryl.' That's what it says."
- Chastain and Lawrence weren't competiting against each other last night. Lawrence is still the front-runner to win the Oscar, and her speech came off very likeable and genuine.
You could say Riva deserves it more, but Lawrence definitely deserves it more than Chastain's performance in Zero Dark Thirty which didn't require any exceptional acting.
- "but Lawrence definitely deserves it more than Chastain's performance in Zero Dark Thirty which didn't require any exceptional acting."
Playing an obnoxious cow doesn't require any acting either, dear. And it obviously isn't a stretch for her after seeing her last night.
That shout out to Weinstein was interesting, to say the least. She wouldn't have even had the role had Hathaway not turned it down.
- She looks really cute here!
- AnnE would have been insufferable in SLP.
- I am not sad to be dying soon. Another generation of - how do you say it - twots? twets? It is something like that.
- She's not fat OP - she's fine and a great actress.
- Jennifer will not suffer the Oscar curse, we all know she has at least 2 movies coming out that will be hits...
- Jennifer Lawrence is beautiful and extremely talented!, she is not fat at all, and even if she was you have no right to say that about anyone! shame on you! imagine how that could affect someone.
- She knows. Howard Stern on fat Jennifer...."she could work out more"
- She has pneumonia.
- Is she gay?
- Only if she's a man R136.Llooking at her it is a possibility.
- Girl has no filter
- Women aren't meant to look like teenage boys, you asshat. She's so not fat.
- Hmmm I didn't know Anne Hathaway turned down SLP. She would've been interesting and more age appropriate, but J Law did kill it in that movie. She's definitely got something.
I guess this is ageist, but I'd love to see Chastain or Watts take the Oscar. Jennifer Lawrence is so very young. It may be way too much, too soon. But what I will say is that she's the closest we've come to a new Julia Roberts in a really, really long time.
Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty was good, but it was more of a tightly controlled character study and it was a character that was very hard to connect to.
- Chastain was good I guess, but Maya was sort of a meh character. There wasn't much for Chastain to do, and it doesn't really strike me as an Oscar-winning role.
- " But what I will say is that she's the closest we've come to a new Julia Roberts in a really, really long time."
R140 - I don't think JL is the new JR. I'd say she's more like Kate Winslet at the same age.
- No, r142 I think my JR comparison is valid.
J Law, while I love her, is simply not at Kate Winslet's talent level at this age or any age. And as much as I love Kate Winslet, I could not see her as the credible lead of a cute, bubbly romantic comedy, something that Jennifer Lawrence could probably do in her sleep.
Julia Roberts was so big in her heyday because she did both dramatic stuff and really good comedies. No great actress for sure, but she had star quality that doesn't come around very often. I feel the same way about Jennifer Lawrence. I don't think she's this amazing actress, but she's got major star quality, great instincts, and a spark on camera.
I know romantic comedies have killed many a young actresses career in the past decade, but I wish someone would find a really good one for JL to do. It would be an enormous hit.
- On Conan, about her lusting after John Stamos
- You are all fucking idiots. Jennifer Lawrence is gorgeous. I'm much rather have her riding my cock then some stick twig whose pussy will break because of the impacts of bulimia, drugs, and smoking.
- She is not fat!!
J.L. is a healthy, beutiful, talented, young woman!!!
Leave her alone!!
- I love the hat!
- Well, she did!
- She won!