- Matt Bomer knew he was gay when he was a teenager, but coming out wasn't in option.
"When I was in high school, there was no safe haven, there was no outlet for you to speaking your mind," the 34-year-old White Collar star said last night at gay student advocacy group GLSEN's Respect Awards, where he and his partner, Simon Halls, were honored with the Inspiration Award. "So I did what any self-preserving 14-year-old would do—I signed up for the school play and also the football team to cover my tracks.
"When that happens, when you aren't allowed to speak about who you are, one of the most authentic parts of who you are, which is who you love or is who you're attracted to, feels invisible," said Bomer, who publicly came out in February. "GLSEN gives visibility and authenticity to kids all across the country."
Halls, one of Hollywood's most powerful publicists, spoke of his and Bomer's three sons.
"Having kids teaches you so many things, and one of the things we both have learned in our parenting journey is how loving and accepting and open children's minds and hearts are," he said. "Unfortunately, in some parts of the country, some kids are taught at an early age that being different is somehow bad or wrong or worthy of ridicule…Kids aren't born to be bullies, they're taught to be bullies."
True Blood star and Bomer's Magic Mike costar, Joe Manganiello, presented the couple with the award.
"You are the example that the rest of our country needs to wake up and see in terms of equality and putting and end to the bullying epidemic and making sure that every family is respected in our schools and our society," said Manganiello, who also went to college with Bomer.
Also at the gala, which took place at the Beverly Hills Hotel, were Oscar winner Octavia Spencer; Amy Adams; directors Brett Ratner, Jason Moore and Bryan Singer; Jim Parsons; out country singer Chely Wright; Wilson Cruz; Ross Matthews; White Collar's Tim DeKay and Willie Garson; and fellow honorees Bob Weinstein and Jeffrey and Marilyn Katzenberg
- [quote]"When that happens, [bold]when you aren't allowed to speak about who you are,[/bold] one of the most authentic parts of who you are, which is who you love or is who you're attracted to, feels invisible," said Bomer.
Is he trying to say what I think he's trying to say?
- Matt Bomer is a cunt/slut/whore/bitch/(etc.)
The only good thing about him are his looks. Which are fading away. He can't act and just hopes Simon can keep bringing him the lucky roles he can actually play in.
And maybe invest more in movies like 'Magic Mike'. That'll help with his financial problems if Simon saw another pretty boy starting out his career and decided to leave him.
- Yes, but r4, how do you really feel?
- Bomer looked so bored with hubby but really happy next to his 'buddy'
Poor Simon lol!
- [R6] They look really happy here :)
- Not bored at all.
- r4 - that's why he's got 4 movies to film includng plumb TNH role. Fading looks? He looks better every day and at his worst looks better than any actor and you. Is that you Ian wishing you were Matt or just the usual troll?
- Oh, for Christ's sake, please don't engage the fucking troll at R4. Just trolldar the asshole and ignore him going forward.
- Lots of nice pictures and quotes from last night. Hope we get to see the full speech.
I like Matt's crack about the gay friendliest thing Joe M. has done is dance in thong with him in Magic Mike.
- Bomer looks like a slut. I wonder how many men he is sleeping around with. And if Simon knows how sluttish he is.
- I love that Matt has become a role model. Love it even more how great his career is taking off. Will be great watching him grow on the big screen for the next 40 years. Couldn't be more deserving.
- This is what Simon's face looks like when he reads the Datalounge Bomer threads.
- Instead of responding to offensive comments, just post this.
- [R15] LOL
- The kids thinking, "Ugh, he's such a fag!"
- Simon looks like Jim Carrey...if Jim Carrey were femme and having a stroke.
- I'd much prefer Matt with a goatee; he does not grow a good beard. And I've never thought this before but Simon looks very botoxed. It's nice to see them happy together. I would love to hear (or read) their speeches.
- Someone help me. How do I do [R#]. It doesn't show anything.
- Just type r followed immediately by the number, with no spaces in between. You don't need to include brackets or any other sign.
- Why is it that the more beautiful the person, the more beauiful the hair. It's not really fair.
- Simon's ears are funny looking.
There are patches on Matt's jawline where beards don't grow. I prefer him clean shaven.
- Thanks r22
- So they didn't address the kid situation at all? First they trot the twins out for the paps to get people talking, and then just leave it up in the air?
I honestly don't think Halls knows what he's doing.
- Bomer plays bisexual Captain Terry in Space Station 76.
- Halls perfectly knows what he's doing, as well as Matt. Saddest thing is Simon is using his own kids to boost Matt's career (NY paparazzi's pics were totally staged).
- You know, it's funny that as a community we're always complaining that we are ignored or always negatively stereotyped by the media
But then, when we finally get a hot out celeb who doesn't fit the usual stereotype, and is loved by the press, we still look for sth negative to say about it
Bomer is a celeb like others out there and part of that culture includes the paps. Whether the photos are staged or not doesn't matter, pap pics are part of what makes ones a celeb. And now more than ever, we need that kind of visibility esp for the young generation coming up
- Matt's the perfect role model. Über intelligent, talented, masculine and I love that he has accepted a role model role when he really owes no one a thing. Class act all the time. They have charted the perfect career course and at such an early stage he is respected by all who know him. First out and proud leading man / sex symbol. You go....
- [quote]I like Matt's crack
I do too!
- No, I honestly don't think Halls knows what he's doing. If Matt wanted recognition for being a parent, Simon could have just called up Vogue, submitted to a nice fluffy interview about their family, posed for a nice family picture for Annie Leibovitz, and have been done with it.
Instead, they trotted out their kids for the paparazzi FOUR TIMES, encouraging strangers on the Internet and probably in Hollywood as well to play guessing games about their paternity, and then bought themselves an "Inspiration Award."
He seriously does not know what he's doing. And if he does, he's vulgar and inept.
- @ R9's link, some one just ask Simon, which one is the top?
- R29 R30 Frau and Frau. Yes, grandmother. We know.
R28 Bomer is a nice fella. But Halls is a bastard. Those who know him and worked together are aware how shrewd this man is. It's always a wonder how Bomer fell into his trap. Not that it is going bad for him.
R27 Bisexual Bomer in Space station 76. Fraus dream come true.
- .....and don't forget he bought himself a fertility award
- R33 Simon is forever top. Matt is forever bottom.
- And Matt's AIDS award, bought so Matt could come out and promote his role in The Normal Heart.
- R37 Now everything looks very conveniently set up. Halls has tied Bomer cleverly. Now Bomer can never escape his grip.
- Matt and Simon would attend the opening of an envelope. All these charity awards and they still come across as fake / shallow as hell. It's like they're carefully crafting an image instead of genuinely trying to make a difference.
- R38 Can you blame him?
I would have done the same, or worse!
- I think Matt did not receive a lot of support and love from his father. And Simon turned out to be someone who can be a father figure, mentor, partner and share a family. I know some who turned to much older lover to fill the void. Usually this older partner plays a significantly dominating role in making decisions.
- R37 Halls the Terrible keeps Matt chained to the bedroom wall at home and he didn't address the kid situation because he plans to eat the kids for Thanksgiving instead of a turkey.
- R39 You have to know Simon Halls to understand why many do not like him. It is not about his age or that he has the hottest man on earth in his bed but because he is a fox, a very cunning fox.
- Tim DeKay described Peter Burke's relationship with Neal Caffrey similar to father and son, older and younger brothers, sometimes a married couple. This is exactly how it is for Simon and Matt. We are comparing fiction with real life but that is how it is - with an exception that Simon get to screw Matt literally but Peter cannot to Neal.
- Can't stop laughing at the person flying off the handle because Matt didn't take this opportunity to address "the twin issue." Pro-tip: there is no twin issue, and your obvious hurt that your fan fiction wasn't verified only makes you sound insane.
- Just because we are a bunch of nosey bastards doesn't mean they are going to tell us what we want to know, dear paternity troll.
- r26/r32/r37, you sound upset. Would you like to sit down for a minute, dear?
And a cookie for r42. People like you are one reason I come back to this thread. (The other is for updates on Matt's odor.)
- I don't think Matt is under any obligation to talk about his private life. All he owes us is a good performance, and that's it.
I'm just saying that if he wants to go around collecting Inspiration Awards, it might behoove him to address the elephant in the room.
- R34 actually 28 yogwm
It really chaps assess that Simon is the best in the business. Notice the increase in anti-trolls since the latest pr rankings came out? I know it's painful to see a perfect power couple on both a professional and personal level when the competition can't come near their respective talents. I guess all a troll can do is write bs online in hopes maybe one idiot will believe it? They've got it made and no one is expecting them to talk about anything, there are no issues or elephants, its all in your little mind
- [quote]Notice the increase in anti-trolls since the latest pr rankings came out?
Can somebody even begin to describe WTF this means?
- r41 - similar setup to tom ford and richard buckley.
r49 - your assessment is spot on. total power couple with matt on the verge of something really big now. anyone in simon's position has a bull's eye on his back. that's the way it is in business.
- I thought something really exciting had happened when I saw there were so many new comments. How sad it's mostly the bitter queens eating their own.
- I'm more surprised that none of Matt's family members were there to support him at this event
At least old friends like Joe M and that actress from NCIS were there.
Also surprised that Victor Quinaz - his best friend - missed out
- If all Matt owes us is a good performance, he needs to pay up. The man is merely adequate as an actor. Had someone fuglier been cast in his role on White Collar, Tim DeKay would've become the lead by Season 2. Think about, has Matt ever stood out in a single film he's appeared in?
- R10 I think the "fading looks" R4 meant is more like "Matt Bomer's looks is so yesterday".
- I think the picture of Matt with Amy Adams and Brett Ratner is interesting. I like to think of it as a "fuck you" to the suits who wouldn't let him star in Superman, even if I think it was better for his career in the long run.
On the other hand, I think it's really strange that Just Jared focused on Amy Adams at GLSEN rather than Matt, with nary a mention of his and Simon's award.
- R52 Exactly! These cunty bitches have lost their shit because Matt &Simon win at life.
- I see this thread continues to live up to its title. *sigh*
- R53 - A look at Quinaz's twitter feed shows he was in England.
- You actually went to track down Victor Quinaz.
Do your thing, Lil Matt.
- FYI Magic Mike w/ the bonus scenes out on iTunes tomorrow.
- Has anyone noticed that the new American Horror Story series features a character named Kit Walker? Coincidence?
- little matty
- native english speaking people, please explain this sentence to me:
"Our prayer is that you know the will of your heavenly Father and that you "act" with confidence when you are in it.
Mom & Dad"
they hate him because he is gay, right? or "in it" is a misprint and should be "at it"?
Great friends Simon has.
- Um, no, r64. I mean, maybe they do hate him, but how on earth did you get that from that quote? Because it talks about God? I'm genuinely confused about how you got from point A to point B.
- That sentence doesn't make sense
- Maybe they couldn't write out something comprehensible because of character limits. I remember trying to squish the quote I wanted under my name into a few words.
- [R62] Lol. And no Henry in it?
- Henry will be one of Kit Walker's multiple personalities.
- R64 I can't see any hate in that message. It's obviously written by very religious people, but IMO it's rather encouraging than hateful.
Actually it could mean something completely opposite to what you think. E.g. something like: "God created you the way he wanted, that's his will, so be it. You should never question God's decisions, but you should always follow the path he has chosen for you. When you will be sure that this is his choice for you, don't doubt anymore, be confident in what you do, because you are only fulfilling his will". Or something like that.
Of course that's just one of many possible interpretations. Also I was raised as a catholic, so my interpreation might be different than how protestants see it (I guess Matt was raised as a protestant).
Or maybe his parents really hate him, but I can't see how anybody would read it from that particular quote.
Also "act" has obviously double meaning. Act=behave, but also act is a reference to his choice of profession. IMO his parents were "winking" to him with that word. :)
- His parents sound pissed that he was going to become an actor instead of doing a real major. The "act" with quotation marks sounds passive aggressive.
- OMG, the idiot factor here and with the fan fraus on twitter debating this is astounding! Matt comes from an educated, affluent, prominent family. You really think they are going to air some personal business publicly in a quote? Logically related to his acting in a production.
r55 WTF are you babbling about, hard to translate your shit but 99.99% of the world would kill to look like Matt and have his sense of style.
- R72 Well not having "a real major" as you quaintly put it really paid off in the long run. I guess having a sky high IQ helps in life too. He is blessed.
- On the surface anyway Matt seems pretty happy, confident and well-adjusted. I'm not so sure that'd be the case if his parents were not supportive or fucked with his mind with homophobic religious crap. People can be deeply religious and still be gay-positive.
- And we know Matt has a "sky high IQ" how?
- good morning
- LOL I see the "Magic Mike" extras are out.
And his parents sound like a piece of work. As well as apparently unable to form a coherent sentence.
- After watching the extras on the Apple iTunes Download, it would not shock me if Tatum had them excised because he did not like the competition. The three that are included (Joe as the statue, Matt's Ken Doll, and Adam's Navy) are wildly sexy, gorgeously shot and give a better idea of the kind of interaction between the audience and the dancers. I don't buy Soderbergh's "It made me uncomfortable" excuse. He directed the whole movie and suddenly it made him uncomfortable?
Matt's star wattage would have skyrocketed had his dance scenes been included. Sure he made money, but you couldn't buy that kind of publicity. I can only imagine Simon Halls's fury once he saw what SoderTatum did with their investment.
This is what Lil Matt thinks of your final cut, Steven!
- quick & dirty
please don't add this to your tumblr
- More caps
- Simon doesn't seem comfortable in the spotlight, but Matt seemed almost oblivious to him. Maybe they had a fight in car.
- Simon never likes the spotlight. I'm quite sure they had a small fight before arriving. They haven't talked much in the hall but after receiving the award, they looked alright.
- Are you a mind reader sir?
- does his hole look quite used?
- [quote]I'm quite sure they had a small fight before arriving.
- [quote]Simon doesn't seem comfortable in the spotlight, but Matt seemed almost oblivious to him. Maybe they had a fight in car.
Simon was in that video at R84 for about half a second. How on earth do you get any of that from it?
[quote]Simon never likes the spotlight. I'm quite sure they had a small fight before arriving. They haven't talked much in the hall but after receiving the award, they looked alright
I've seen a load of photos and video from the event, and there's no sign of any problems between them.
Some of you sound deranged.
- [R85] How do you know they haven't talked much in the car? Have you been there?
- On Guiding Light Matt Bomer played a male hustler who was molested as a child.
- R87 It does not look too used. Simon must be a gentle man. Bomer needs to undress so much for his roles, I bet he can't even give him a hickey.
- Your point, R93?
- Just an FYI
- MATT BOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I need a strong drink after seeing those pics
- R64 Do you know what is really sad? Not even complete lack of any skills to interpret the simple quote. And not even the lack of making any logical conclusions, if you are not able to understand the quote (yeah, I'm pretty sure that his parents would criticize him publicly in his yearbook. Geez).
Even more sad and pathetic than this is the fact that his fangirls, who claim to be Matt's biggest fans and to looove him and support him sooo much, are also the first to throw shit at his parents. Really? Those are people very close and important to him and you are unable to show any respect? You don't even know those people, but you accuse them of hating him, without having any evidence. I'm sure Matt would appreciate it.
I hope that someone will show Matt what his supposed fans are talking about his parents, so the next time some of you fangirls (including the biggest stalker on earth, Laura WhateeverHerName) show up to stalk him and take pictures with him, he will be like: "No. You were talking shit about my parents. I don't want to know you". Buahaha! Can you imagine hissy fits those fangirls would throw? Not that any of them would understand why.
- R98 Matt doesn't read DL. It's only a gossip forum. Don't mention Laura Held here. Nobody likes that bitch after she trashed the entire gay community here.
- R99 I'm not saying he reads DL. Just that someone else could show him what those delusional twats talk about his parents on twitter.
I know, not going to happen. I just tried to imagine their stupid faces, when Matt would tell them to fuck off the next time they show up on set. :D
- R101 Matt is never going to do that because he is a nice man. More girls will be clinging to his neck and attach their boobs to his chest while taking pictures and he will happily oblige.
So little comments on Matt's hole. That is a shame.
- If one could actually see his hole (as opposed to just his lovely ass), R102, there might be more comments on it.
- That ass is too fine!
- Wow, it's criminal that they deleted these scenes, what were they thinking? Must have been a Chan thing. People would have come back for another show had they left in.
- R102 I know. He is too classy and polite. And he has to take care of his image.
And what R103 said. I don't know, maybe you peeople have rentgen in your eyes, but I can't see any hole on those pictures (sadly). But that ass, that ass ...
- I have no idea if it was Channing's decision to delete those scenes, because he is jealous, or they are all (director, producers, editors etc.) simply stupid, but it was a very bad idea.
I may be the only one, but I don't think that Channing is a good dancer at all. Yes, he is very good technically, you can see that he has a lot of training and experience, but that's it. His dancing lacks any grace or charm, it's not sexy at all, it's just technically impressive. But good technique is not enough to be a real dancer. I'm pretty sure he would never make it as a professional dancer, as opposed to erotic dancer, when having a good body is more important than having real talent.
Now Matt is complete opposite. It's obvious that he is not as experienced as Channing, he is not match for him technically, but he has a natural talent. His dance movements are naturally seductive, they are smooth and sexy and graceful. Can you imagine how he could dance if he had the same amount of training and experience as Channing?
- dat ass is so tight and beautiful!!! Luckiest man fucking Simon Halls! Now I am 1000% jealous of him. I have mental image of him licking, biting and fucking that!
- It's so unfair that Matt seems to be perfect in everything
Anyone here with some strange story about him - I need some consolation
- When he was on Guiding Light he dropped by Jay Hammer's bar (his on-screen dad) and said to him "Hi Dad"
They had never met before.
- The BIGGEST question is how does Halls manage to keep that ass happy!
- [quote]Anyone here with some strange story about him - I need some consolation
Just this one.
- R110 Was he stalking him?
- R110 I don't get it. What do you mean?
- Matt Bomer at the Grove with Kit and Henry
- Walker is not with them because Simon took him to get a DNA test. He was beginning to get suspicious.
Sick of another staged photos. Totally. ugh
- Why do you think that's a staging?
- This is first time I have dared venture into a Bomer thread.
I'm gonna die tonight, right?
And Halls is a top? Looks like a big ol' power bottom to me...
- It looks like he's trimmed but not totally shaved down there
- R120 Unless i'm visually impared, you cant tell
And anyway, he repeatedly said in interviews for MM that he had to wax off everything and it was super painful
- R119 You are insane to think Halls is a bottom and Bomer is a top. It's very opposite. Matt likes to lean his head on older men's shoulder while Simon likes pat and clasp shoulders very manly way.
- This again? You're going to give Lil Matt a concussion.
I checked my download and only 8 SECONDS of Matt's Ken Doll routine made it into the final cut, none of which he took of his clothes. The full sequence is 3 minutes 20 seconds. (Magic Mike is only 90 minutes long.)
SoderTatum wanted Matt's name on the film, in part to bring in the gays I'm sure, and I'm sure they liked the additional money that the Hallses invested, but they didn't actually want him in the film, being more beautiful than Channing and stuff.
What's especially pathetic is that SoderTatum deprived themselves of possibly up to $20-30 million in additional box office that would have resulted from repeat viewings if people actually, you know, enjoyed the film (check out the most popular comments on Rotten Tomatoes.)
I know Matt likes to act like he worships Tatum and Soderbergh, but c'mon, you can't tell me that they wouldn't have gone ballistic when they found out what was cut.
This is an approximation of Simon Halls's face upon seeing the final cut of Magic Mike.
- Well said R123
Even Channing himself admitted that the Ken doll routine was his favorite, and that Matt was the most beautiful being he's ever seen
- Bret Easton Ellis and Dana Brunetti feuding on Twitter
The rumor of course was that Simon is Dana's friend and got BEE removed from the 50 Shades screenwriting shortlist after BEE compared Matt to Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and BEE retaliated by trashing Matt's sexuality repeatedly, making several news outlets.
- R123 you are totally correct with one exception, Matt brought in the straight women too, they adore him. Basically Matt filled a huge numbers of seats for the film and had they left his scene intact plus the other guys, they would have doubled their money with repeat business and word of mouth business. But we all know Matt is on to much better things and as someone said above on the verge of something great.
- For the "staging" troll, The Grove is a popular place where stars take their children to movies, papps there all the time waiting.
- R125 That rumour doesn't make much sense, because he was removed from that list first and only after that tweeted the comparison between Matt and Jesse.
I doubt Simon had anything to do with BEE's fate, probably only in BEE's delusional mind.
Most probably it had nothing to do with Simon at all, BEE just tried to be controversial like always to get some attention, but it got out of hand, because fans started defending Matt, which lead to BEE's revenge, which lead to more defending etc. and the twitter war happened. Plus media completely unnecessary started covering that stupidity instead of ignoring it.
- Grove pics are candid, but NY pics were totally staged.
- R129 Why? They were all taken outside or very near the same hotel. Once someone leaked info that they are staying there, paps could wait there for them.
Also what would be the reason to stage any photos? Matt didn't have anything to promote then, White Collar already started almost a month earlier, he had no new movies, so why? And why have not one, not even two, but four sets of photos staged in the same time? Doesn't make any sense.
- Those screencaps of Matt are scorching, he was way hotter than any of the other cast. I wonder if Simon makes sure no other really hot gay men are included in the casts of any of Matt's movies? Maybe that is why Luke was left out of TNH.
- I totaly agree with [R130]
- First they took the twins out so everyone could see how different they're beginning to look.
- Then they posed for these pictures to show how much Matt loves his children...
- Here's Matt giving a kiss to Walker...
- WIMBST, I'm asking just out of curiosity: why are you wasting your time here? You know that nobody likes you, nobody believes your crazy theory, you will never convince anybody. So why?
I know it must be boring in a psych ward, but surely you can find something to do with your time. Maybe try to do some crosswords?
- Then they posed for these pictures to show what a close family they are. They are each holding each other's twin, and Halls is wearing Matt's shirt that Matt was photographed wearing earlier this year that he figured Matt's fans would recognize.
- R136, why do you hate Matt so much? Don't you think it embarrasses and devastates him to know that his self-professed fans don't believe his son looks like him?
- R133 On that picture Walker looks very much like Simon. It's like the same person, but different age.
Thank you, WIMBST for posting that picture. You helped to prove, that Walker is Simon's biological child.
It was nice and almost sane from you. I see you are getting better.
- R139 if you say so.
- Thanks for all the links on pictures and sites especially the cut out MM scenes.Gotta say WTF on this thread and Jared.Man,some retarded trolls around.
- More work from Ryan Murphy...
- lol for amatuers. The photos with kids posted so far were all staged. In the biz, everybody knows it especially about these cases, keep being delusional "everything about Matt is genuine!!! Not staged!!" gurls!
- I know he wants to maintain his relationship with Murphy, but IMO he should avoid playing any more gay characters on screen at this time. He's already playing a bisexual in Space Station 76 and a gay man in The Normal Heart.
I don't want to see his career ending up with him being consigned to playing "the gay man."
R143, if I'm to believe you are "in the biz", I hope at least you are not a writer, as you are apparently practically illiterate. Whatever, you are an asshole.
- R144 I fully agree with you. As a gay man, I am proud that he broke it all and became the first leading openly gay man, he should maintain it and rock it. Besides, The Normal Heart is not performing well on television. My boyfriend and I don't watch it because it's just lame. It looks like Murphy is using Bomer to boost the show ratings. And Bomer will oblige because he is a good guy and his friend now but also because Halls is Murphy's publicist.
He is doing Space Station 76 purely because the Director is his friend. Yet, he got a bisexual role. They attended and graduated from the same college.
- *Meant The New Normal is not performing well.
- I don't think the Normal Heart is happening, at least with Matt in the role of Felix. Recent interview w Ruffalo says they are expecting to shoot in spring and that would interfere with White Collar, and Matt has to lose weight for the role and gain it back for his show. Also noticed his name was omitted in the Vogue profile of Ryan Murphy as being in the cast.
Plotnik did go to CMU but 10 years before Matt, doubt they were friends before this movie.
I believe Jerry O'Connell will be Matt's love interest in SS76.
- I also hope that Matt will not be cast in TNH. He should honestly avoid these gay roles that will just typecast him eventually
Murphy loves his gay characters campy and just plain silly and Matt deserves better than this esp if he wants to play lead on the big screen.
Finally we have an out actor who doesn't fit into the stereotype and has a chance to curve a path for others after him. So here's to hoping that Simon and his friends will be careful with how they promote him out there
- But, he's playing (played) a straight guy in White Collar, In Time, Magic Mike, Glee (!), You don't love me yet, and Winter's Tale.
A short stint on TNN won't do him any damage, on the contrary, it will create a lot of buzz for him, which is great!
- It looks like Ryan Murphy is using Matt Bomer's on going high popularity to promote TNN which isn't doing good. Bomer being Bomer, will never say no to a friend and Simon's client.
He is also doing TNH. He will shoot as healthy Felix immediately after White Collar shoots. White Collar creator Jeff Eastin said he will accommodate big screen filming for Bomer, in his own words, "as his movie career is finally taking off". Bomer will then have to lose weight and shoot again in October/November.
- [quote]I don't think the Normal Heart is happening, at least with Matt in the role of Felix.
Read what R150 said. Eastin has said he'll be accommodating Matt's movie schedule for next season's filming of White Collar. It was pretty obvious he was referring to The Normal Heart. The role is far too important to Bomer for him to give it up. Fox/USA will have to accommodate him.
And the Vogue 'journalist' was just being a fuckwit not including Bomer's name in that Ryan Murphy article, as the other names that were included were the older, supposedly bigger 'names' like Julia Roberts.
- R150 that is an unlikely scenario. It would require big stars like Julia Roberts and Mark Ruffalo and a busy showrunner like Murphy to commit their schedules to working months apart on location, and it would also require shutting down and restarting production which is incredibly expensive (RM paying out of pocket too) all of this basically to accommodate Matt Bomer. USA would also not be too pleased to have Matt missing from the set. When you are the lead on a TV show, the network tells you what your schedule will be, not the other way around.
Not gonna happen.
- R151, who arranged for the Vogue article to be written, and would have vetted the information that was provided to the journalist?
- No one's wishing him a happy 35th bday?
- Well, if he doesn't end up doing it, at least it'll be one less gay role for him to be type-cast by. Hopefully he can get another good role which will enhance his career without putting him in the 'gay role' box.
If he ISN'T doing it, though, he needs to stop doing any more favors for fucking Ryan Murphy.
- Best place to do that is at the relevant mattbomerfan.com post, R154, where he might actually read the good wishes.
- TNH is happening with Matt in a leading role. They had always planned a split filming schedule and USA will accommodate Matt since he is their biggest star on the network. they want a few more good years of White Collar ratings and get it to a syndication deal.
- LOL! I was just getting ready to mention his B-day. Have a great one, Matt! 35 is going to look mighty fine on you.
Additionally, I heard they are putting the scenes cut from MM on the DVD as extras, On sale October 23. We can only hope...
- R150 it is happening :) because he will need time to look sick, they will have to shoot his sick part later. i'm really worried for his health though.
- R157 USA would not profit from a syndication deal, Fox would.
USA would not accommodate Matt so that he could appear in an independent film. They are paying him a lot of money to appear in each episode. He is the star of the show and they need him there for each episode. They will make sure that they benefit from his popularity before he does.
It's called show business, not show help a brother out.
- Meant to reply R152
- R160 Jeff Eastin, the creator of White Collar himself said he will give Matt time to do films. It doesnt count? He must have said that after consulting USA.
- Look, Matt is pretty, he has landed a powerful and connect husband/sugar daddy. He is just using those connections to get roles, it's how it's done. I don't like the show "The New Normal" at all but Murphy likes pretty boys and so he puts Matt on his shows. I'm not saying Simon is pimping Matt out and payment is in parts on TV and Movies but Matt is definitely benefiting from Simon's power.
And Simon gets a guy who loves his kids and is young enough to keep up with them. A win/win situation for both Matt and Simon.
- R162 Jeff Easton doesn't pay Matt's salary, the network does. Matt is the show. Look at the key art. Would you enjoy White Collar if Matt was noticeably absent from several episodes?
Easton was probably being polite, but like everyone else in show business, his own interests are his priority.
- Matt has moobs, child-bearing hips, and no bulge to speak of. Next....
- r160 - Oh yes they do need to keep Matt happy or he can very easily walk to many new opportunities. White Collar could go for many years but his contract just through 7th. He can easily say I'm done with 7. USA would not want it's big star unhappy, they need him happy to keep the fans engaged since he is the show. No engaged happy Matt, no WC, simple as that. So they will accomodate his movie career would be bad business not to.
r163 - no succesful actor today gets anywhere in show business without help, no one, Matt is no exception. He had help in the door, now his talent and looks are getting the job done.
r165 - LOL, the world disagrees with you, his body is god like but keep trying
- R165 Jealousy is a dangerous emotion my friend!
- R165 moobs yes, child bearing hips yes. but no bulge? are you kiddin?
- R166 White Collar's ratings are not special enough that USA would need to kowtow to him. White Collar typically gets a 1.0 rating in 18-49. By comparison, Honey Boo Boo's last episode got a 1.4.
This is not Seinfeld and NBC.
Additionally, it is unlikely the show will continue after Season 7, as shows get increasingly expensive the longer they go on, especially when cast contracts have to be renegotiated, while the ratings tend to go down.
I swear, talking to people who know nothing about show business is like talking to children.
- Eastin made a specific comment about having to write certain episodes with less 'Neal' time in order to accommodate Matt's movie career. It seems clear it was a comment relating to next spring's filming for TNH. Why would he pull that kind of comment out of his ass when it would be more likely to bring him trouble (fans complaining about lack of Neal) than anything else?
But you 'in the know/in the biz' people who think you know better, go ahead and carry on preaching insufferably to the rest of us. We'll find out soon enough what happens next spring anyway.
- Honey BooBoo, shows with white trash appeal will always do well in ratings, look at Teen Mom. WC is very expensive to produce due to location shooting and the Fox issues with USA. 1.0 in key is a great cable number and falls in the middle of USA shows but WC has among the highest media buzz of all USAs due to Matt. because of the sunk investment, they do want it around beyond S7 or at least Matt in some capacity though he will no doubt move on from cable which he is too good for at is point. I enjoy WC but it is inhibiting his career now so I thing he needs to move on ASAP.
- He will not see this, but whatever:
"Happy Birthday Matt!!!"
- Happy birthday Matt! [R154] I'm sure Simon is making him have a great one!\t
- Matt should thank Murphy. Usa shows only get so much exposure. Getting your face on the network means a bigger audience which The new normal has.
Sounds like some people. Think playing gay is inferior to playing straight. When you stop thinking like that you know you've made progress.
- Jennifer Connelly joining Winter's Tale. Enormous cast assembled already (Will Smith, Russell Crowe, Colin Farrell, William Hurt, Jessica Brown Findlay, Eva Marie Saint and of course Matt).
I have the book and started reading it, it's magical realism and strikes me as essentially unfilmable - WB only green lit a $75 million budget so I'm guessing they're removing the fantasy elements. Either way someone like Steven Spielberg or David Fincher I could see directing this, but not Akiva Goldsman (for his first film!)
- R174 Generally you are right, but not in case of TNN, which currently doesn't have much bigger audience than WC. The show is loosing ratings. I'm afraid that when Matt's episode will air, it could be already on the verge of cancellation. Matt's apperance will probably boost ratings, since all his fans who don't watch yet, will probably tune in.
And nobody says that gay roles are inferior. The problem is typecasting. For wahtever reason gay actors often are offered only gay characters to play, if they are offered anything at all. It's insulting, because it's suggesting that they are not talented enough to pull off a role that is not similar to who they are in real life. BEE was very clear about it, and unfortunately there are many people who think like him. Straight actors don't have such problems. Supposedly they are talented enough to pull off any role, gay or staright.
Another problem is that there are not many gay characters written for TV or film, and pretty often they are the same, cliche type. I swear, the next time I see another gay character being usual comic relief on the show or movie, I will vomit.
So once a young actor is typacasted to play only gay roles, he will not have a prolific career. He will get offered the very few gay roles, that weren't already offered to straight actors, and probably will play the same role over and over again.
Personally I hope that Matt will play gay characters in the future, and I hope that will include some steamy, sex scenes (so I can imagine it's me in bed with him, haha), but not in this stage of his career, when it's too dangerous to be typecast and never move foreward.
- The vast majority of Americans have no idea who Matt Bomer is. And his last name is too close to "Boner." Heinous.
- The majority of Matt's past and upcoming roles are straight characters. While there is concern about typecasting, there has never been a Matt Bomer before. Masculine and can play straight better than most straight actors. His talent and looks will provide him excellent career choices for years to come.
- R177 The vast majority of Americans can't name the Vice President or find most states on a map. Matt has millions of fans all over the world who could care less about his orientation, they focus on his talent. But the next 12 months will be very big for Matt and within a year, the majority will know the name MB.
- R176 Thanks for this rational explanation. This is what I felt too and tried to explain.
This time Ryan Murphy needs his help to boost his show and he is giving him the favor.
- He'll also have to contend with the homophobic and jealous middle aged 'suits' of the industry
I personally want him to stay away from Ryan Murphy and his silly shows, esp this one. So thank God its (hopefully) just one episode
Already there're jitters amongst some of his straight male white Collar fans who just found out that he's gay - thanks to the recent articles about him - and have said that it kills their interest in the show (although you wonder why because Caffrey is straight and is a fictional charactor)
Matt is a very talented and beautiful actor, but he seems like someone who depends on others to tell him what to do and is very naive about alot of things. Simon is a well known gay activist (and clse friend of Ryan) who will go to any lengths to promote his agenda, so matt should be carefull that he's not used as a pawn in this game - it could backfire on him esp
- r177 - Matt is better off than most name recognition wise and it will only get better with his movie career blooming like it has shot up for the last 6 months. Could be worse, he could be a Henry Cavill or an Ian Somerhalder or any CW actor, or a Josh Barrowman with less name recognition than Matt.
- [quote]Already there're jitters amongst some of his straight male white Collar fans who just found out that he's gay - thanks to the recent articles about him - and have said that it kills their interest in the show
And you've seen evidence of this where, R181?
- One thing we were unable to find out was who were Simon Halls ex lovers. He probably never dated anyone famous before. Or as beautiful as Matt Bomer.
- r183 - yes, where?? I've seen the opposite, straight men feeling quite comfortable commenting on Matt quite a bit, just look at FB comments.
- Twitter is your friend, R183
- I've searched Matt's name on Twitter on a number of occasions, R186, and never seen any straight men having a problem with him being gay (well, except Bret Easton Trollish).
I'm sure there are a few homophobes who are going to have a problem with it, but I would have thought that the additional gay support he'd gain for being openly gay would counter that.
I still see the homophobia of Hollywood being Matt's biggest problem, which is why I agree with those who think he should be careful about taking too many gay roles. Those Hollywood bitches are just dying to stick Matt in a box and limit him, you know they are.
- BEE is not straight.
I love Bomer and his family to death but there are times I like to let my mind wander and imagine him having something on the side with Joe M
Honestly, how come a guy like Joe is single, and never really seems to be linked to anyone? I've heard gossip here and there, but.......
Anyway, I just felt like sharing my fantasies. These two boys seem to extremely fond of each other, love them.
- Joe and Matt are best friends. Let's not ruin how beautiful friendship can be between a straight man and a gay man.
- R190, 'fantasizing'
I know that they're close friends, and obviously nothing is happening btwn them, but I think it's quite normal to imagine them getting it on - they're both hot
Surely i'm not the only one!
- [quote]BEE is not straight.
Oops, of course he's not. His rampant homophobia had me forgetting that for a minute.
- You are NOT the only one, R192. *shifty eyes*
- Agree with R187.
BTW, I've also searched twitter a few times, not only I haven't seen any hate or criticism of Matt from straight fans, male or female (with a few exceptions of course), but actually I've seen a few times straight males admitting to have a man crush on Matt. :D
Of course always followed by inevitable disclaimer "But I'm not gay myself". :D
It must be the first time that openly gay actor brings such reactions from people. Proves that Matt really has this something special, that would help to make him the next big star, if he is lucky and carefull.
- R194, I knew it :)
- Looking at the web response to Matt's deleted scene, it's almost egregious to imagine what it would have meant for him if it had been in the original release. Women all over the world would have been talking about him; he'd truly been a sex symbol. It would have been unprecedented for an out gay actor.
Channing Tatum and Soderbergh deprived him of that. I can picture Channing watching the dailies and saying, "This gets cut!"
It must have been awful promoting the movie, knowing how they screwed him over.
- At least he got $5 million to soften the blow. R197. Otherwise, I agree with you.
- They might have made $6 million if the scene had been in there.
- The $5 million was just Bomer's share (related to his investment), R199. The movie overall made well over $100 million.
I'm not arguing it would have been considerably more had they left in Bomer's full stripping scenes, and those of the other supporting actors as well. The main complaint from women who went to see the movie was not enough stripping. Leaving all that out was a huge mistake.
- R195 I agree that most of the time it's positive, but remember that WC is very popular esp amongst the black and latin straight male community (duh!) and we know how homophobia is rampant there
Though it's sweet to read from time to time comments about 'man-crushes', Matt being so sexy, and even the guys who'd not accept him being gay, admit that he's a good actor and Neil Cafrrey is who they look up to - not Bomer (silly yeah but...)
So, here's to hoping that this is just the beginning of good things happening for our boy and those who'll come after him, INSHALLAH!
- And you wonder why Matt, Manganiello and Rodriguez didn't attend Channing's bar opening this past weekend, even though they were invited
- The whole thing makes a lot more sense now, why Adam Rodriguez and Alex Pettyfer pretty much shunned promoting the picture except for the junket (which was probably contractually obligated.) It was practically a con job, using the other guy's names to get people to go see what was essentially a Channing Tatum vanity project. None of them would have made the movie if they knew their dance scenes would be cut.
- What's up with my favourite 'twitters' hiding their twitter pages
I used to stalk Laura and Alex's pages for the latest Bomer gossip but apparently sth infuriated them and they've now made their pages private
- I'd consider it good riddance to reading Laura's prattle, R204. Rarely have I come across a more smug, self-righteous, self-satified human being.
- R204 Supposedly some 50 shades of whatever fans were stalking and bullying them, so they made their accounts private. I swear some people are completely crazy. In this case I'm talking about both, stalked and stalkers.
Also agree with R205
- R202 But did the opening really happen last weekend? Supposedly it was all rumour and the bar is not even finished yet.
- Thanks R206
But closing one's twitter account because of that just plays into the bullies' hands making them think that they've won
I really don't care that much about laura and Alex personally, but they did give us fans nice tidbits from time to time about Matt & Simon, and i'll really miss that
Anyway, good luck to them!
- R208 So he lied on twitter? Maybe wanted to fool fans, so they will not follow him there.
Whatever, I don't care about him anyway. He is neither talented nor good looking enough for me to care about him.
- R207 Ok, it wasn't the official opening but still!!!
- [quote]What's up with my favourite 'twitters' hiding their twitter pages[/quote]
this happened (see picture). of course, this 'claire b' person made everything up. laura believed it (probably because the same day she got some hating from some 50 shades of crap fangirls for not liking something they have done in matt bomers birthday video), gone private, unfollowed and blocked a bunch of people.
[quote]I used to stalk Laura and Alex's pages for the latest Bomer gossip but apparently sth infuriated them and they've now made their pages private
[quote]I really don't care that much about laura and Alex personally, but they did give us fans nice tidbits from time to time about Matt & Simon, and i'll really miss that[/quote]
[quote]I'd consider it good riddance to reading Laura's prattle, [R204]. Rarely have I come across a more smug, self-righteous, self-satified human being.[/quote]
did somebody put a gun to your head and force you to read her tweets?
[quote]Supposedly some 50 shades of whatever fans were stalking and bullying them, so they made their accounts private.[/quote]
twitter practically *exists* to be stalked. example: i see matt with his kids, open twitter and tweet "omg i just saw matt bomer with his kids!", laura (or whoever) stalks 'bomer' tag, see my tweet and asks me about it. Later she and her 'bomer twitter brigade' talk and gossip about it and r204 enjoys reading their gossip. one big happy familly. :) now laura must make another twitter profile, this one public, to serve her curiosity.
[quote]I swear some people are completely crazy. In this case I'm talking about both, stalked and stalkers.[/quote]
let's face it. matt is an actor. whatever he does professionally (films, charity, award shows, photoshoots...) we will know about it sooner or later when his 'product' comes out. but what some fans (short from fanatics) really want to know is how he behaves in his private life (with simon, kids, frends...). there is no point in hiding that. matt knows it, simon knows it. if somebody tells you some personal tidbit about them and you refuse to share it with others because you think is too personal or you think matt wouldn't want others to know (but *you* know it!), hallo you are hypocrite.
[quote]But closing one's twitter account because of that just plays into the bullies' hands making them think that they've won[/quote]
exactly! bullies need to be ignored. although i don't understand how you can freely write your name or post your pictures on the internet with all the freaks out there. i long for good old fashioned message boards or forums. and i'm around lauras age.
- I'm no fan of Laura's but that stream of tweets posted at R212 is very harsh. She does lord information over people though - if you have info you can't share, just DON'T SAY ANYTHING. Don't say you have info and an inside source but can't share much about it; that just sounds fucking obnoxious and she has definitely done that.
That is typical fandom shit, though. Every fandom has that crap, and I can't believe Matt or anyone associated with him would be shocked or troubled by anything Laura has done or said. She's never said or done anything harmful; she's just been a bit over-eager in the fangirl department, but as I said, EVERY fandom has at least a few of those people.
- TNN has been given a full season, and it has a 2.0 rating with the demo that matters, so it's not the sinking ship that some think it is. It's not the best show, but it is startling to watch a network show that is so focused on a gay couple, and to see it doing okay.
I agree about the dangers of Matt doing too many gay roles, but I don't think that is the case, it seems pretty balanced right now.
I do think Matt is as interested in gay activism as Simon, I think they're both very invested in Matt being a pioneer that way. Maybe Hollywood hasn't reached the point where it will accept a leading man movie star who is out, but I think Matt is still going to have a good career, and one that will be lasting, and not just a flash in the pan this year's leading man.
- My God R212, I didn't know that all this was happening - so sad
All Laura did was get a bit of information about Matt's new film (not all of it) and share it with the fans. And most of us were really happy with this information, and happy for Matt at the same time
Listen, Matt has some of the most respectful fans out there who really want him to succeed, Laura included, and to discredit one of his most loyal and intelligent fans like this is not fair
Now I understand why she had to do it. She better stays off twitter for good and avoid any contact with any of Matt's friends or co-workers. They must think she's the worst kind of stalker out there and could even call the cops on her
And knowing how protective Simon is of Matt, I can just imagine how he would react if this news reaches him, since he's met Laura twice and all that.
WOW! - Still so shocked
- I imagine the DVD of Magic Mike will sell VERY well. Especially if there are deleted scenes.
- I too valued Laura's info, sad it devolved to this.
- R216 everyone has already downloaded the scenes from the Internet for free.
- TNN ratings so far:
Viewers (in mln) 6.88->7.00->6.08->5.09->4.5->4.86
Demo (18-49) 2.5->2.5->2.2->2.0->1.7->2.0
It is sinking, just very slowly.
- For those who miss twitter stalking gossip LOL
Matt was seen yesterday at pharmacy in LA. No more details. No info about what he was wearing or what he was buying. But considering that he had to give his name probably some prescribed medicament? I doubt they would ask him for his name if he was just buying condoms.
Which leads to another question: Do you think Matt and Simon use condoms or they don't need them anymore at this stage of their relationship?
Let's get back some fun in this thread. I'm tired of fangirls drama.
- [quote]Do you think Matt and Simon use condoms or they don't need them anymore at this stage of their relationship?
- R219 TNN went up from 1.7 the week before to 2.0 this week in the 18-49 category and from 4.5 million viewers to 4.8 viewers. That's called an upward trajectory so it's not a sinking show as you said.
I also don't think Murphy is going to run out of guest stars willing to do his show anytime soon. He's got Nicole Ritchie and George Takei also doing an episode. If Matt Bomer wants to turn down this part I'm sure he could be replaced with another handsome actor like Jonathan Groff. Bomer should take work when he can if he wants to stay in the public eye.
- Also R176 TNN is not in danger of cancellation. NBC has ordered a complete season, the back nine for it already.
- So the show is loosing ratings for 5 weeks, than goes up for just 1 week and that means it's not sinking? Please. If it was the other way around, I would agree with you.
And really? Nicole Richie and George Takei? One would think you are talking about George Clooney and Angelina Jolie themselves. LOL
C'mon, comparing Matt to Nicole is actually insulting.
And nobody says it will be cancelled this season. But it probably will be canceled after the first season, if ratings will continue going down.
I still can't get over Nicole Richie, the critically acclaimed actress, replacing Bomer. LOL Indeed, her acting talent is remarkable.
And with all respect for George Takei, but he never was any kind of big star. Actor of one (supporting) role.
- Also, once again with all my respect, but Jonathan Groff isn't any kind of superstar either. Most people never heard about him. He is maybe better known in theatre world, but outside of it, not so much.
And before you jump all over me, I'm not saying that Bomer is a superstar himself, because he is not. Hopefully one they he will be. Just the examples you are giving are completely funny. Look at their filmography. If you say that Bomer needs to take any role possible, they definitely need it much more than him. LOL
- It seems that I can't shut up, but just one more thing. You say that Bomer should take work when he can to stay in public eye. So should he accept the role in 50 shades of crap, if he was offered? It would definitely help him stay in public eye.
You see, not every role is worth taking, just to stay visible.
And no, I'm not comparing TNN to 50 blah blah. I'm just asking general question.
- Can someone make the fat straight hag at r226 shut up?
- Jonathan Groff is no Matt Bomer on any level. Better example should have been used. He would love Matt's career and looks.
- agreed R200 - imagine my shock when MM turned into an art house film straight from appreciation class, right before my very eyes. of course, they got my pre-order for the blu-ray disc.
- Why we are talking about Laura the bitch and Alex the pompous shit? Both are shits. Obnoxious. Rude. and fucking pathetic.
From now on, just do your own research. Why the fuck rely on bitches for information?
Besides, it was not 50 Shades fans who started it. Laura went around bitching and telling fans to hate that beautiful birthday message video just because some fans wrote they would like to see Matt Bomer as Christian Grey.
If Matt was seen having steamy sex with a man in a movie, they will get off with it. BUT because some fans want him to see with a woman (it is part of his acting job after all!) she is cussing and bitching about it.
Don't give that Laura bitch the attention. After all, she called the gay community minus her gay celebrity crashes many nasty things.
- R220 If I were Simon, I would be unhappy to use condoms with Matt. I hope Matt is as committed in his relationship with Simon as he appears in public. They should be way pass the condoms stage to become a trusted bareback couple.
- The most official opinion you're going to get about Bomer and 50 shades of literary trash:
- What did Willie really mean there?
- Will Garson talks shit sometime. He called a 15 year old girl stupid and another girl insane. He himself is a stupid bully. Matt Bomer is never going to take up Christian Grey of 50 Shades role but it does not stop fans from wishing. But that does not give anyone a right to be rude and shit to fans who love Bomer. Matt Bomer himself did not say anything rude. Just because Garson is friends with Bomer, it does not give him a right to talk rudely with a Bomer fan. Everyone just needs to grow up. That fat stalker who locked her account, Garson and 50 Shades fans. The only authentic grown up person in this entire shit is Matt Bomer.
- Why do you all think that Matt would never take the 50 Shades job?
He would be playing a lead role (a hetero one at that) in a very popular film that would earn him very good money, and give him the star status that he needs
The fact that he's beating out popular 'straight' actors in the polls reveals alot to the industry bigwigs that an actor's sexuality doesn't really matter to the audience as long as the actor/actress delivers - and i'm positive he can
The gay comm. needs him to get this role as it would go along way in creating a level playing field for all actors regardless of whether they're gay or not
Please, let's all look at the big pic here and avoid all the sideshows. It now depends on whether Matt takes the role or not - but i'm hoping that he does.
- [quote]They should be way pass the condoms stage to become a trusted bareback couple.
- R235 I agree, he would take it if it were offered to him and I also think he would do a very good job.
However, it would NEVER be offered to him or any out gay actor. Let's be honest, it would be a huge distraction when marketing the film to have Matt's sexuality brought up constantly in articles about the movie. As nasty as Easton Ellis was in his Twitter attacks, which I'm sure were borne out of a personal vendetta, the reason they got attention is because 1) people wanted an excuse to talk about Matt's sexuality and 2) many people agreed with him.
Also, I think 50 Shades is a POS but the reason Matt is the star he is today - the one with the potential to be an openly gay leading man - is because of those 15 y.o. girls who want him in this movie and don't care about his sexuality. It's tremendously encouraging.
- This new generation of fans, mostly below the age 25, do not care about Matt's sexuality. They only see him as a sexy hot man who they can fantasize. But at the same time, they have respect for his relationship with Simon. They try to imagine Matt a bisexual (which he is not) and it is a harmless imagination which will give Matt a fantastic boost in his career as an actor who could do leads to play straight characters. Only these old hags who like to see him only pinned under a man having negative thoughts about Fifty Shades. However, as you said, he will not be offered the role and that's why I think he will never get to do Fifty Shades.
- Spot on r237 and r238. Laura et al are the worst kind of faghags. Matt has the wierdest female fans who really emasculate him. And Willie's a jealous asshole who's obsessed with that girl from Girls. He's always tweeting to her and I don't think she has replied once lol!
- [quote]Only these old hags who like to see him only pinned under a man having negative thoughts about Fifty Shades.
Thank you for this visual.
- Here's Matt in 2004 wearing a very nice suit.
A nice suit that is clearly too big for him.
- One of the best side benefits of Matt playing Neal Caffrey has been his learning to have his clothes beautifully tailored, R241. Now he always looks amazing, and it's a joy to behold.
And I agree with R234 that Willie Garson has behaved badly to Matt’s fans on Twitter. That most recent nasty comment about 50 Shades was not the first time. Matt needs to ask him, very nicely, to not respond to his fans at all if he can’t do so with understanding and respect. I don’t want Matt to do 50 Shades either, but the fans who do want that are not disrespecting Matt, they are simply being enthusiastic fans who see Matt as the fantasy man of their dreams. That’s the kind of adulation careers are built on, and Garson needs to stop being fucking superior and shitting all over it.
Matt makes it clear in his appreciation of his fans (as per most recent birthday present response message at mbf.com) that he doesn’t judge them, and it’s not up to any of Matt’s colleagues to do so either.
- Willie Garson reminds me of a male version of that faghag. Obnoxious, annoying, pathetic. I like his character Mozzie but I do not need to like him in his real life. He comes off a crazy person sometime. But no, Matt will never say anything to Garson because Matt is very polite and he will not want to hurt his friend's feeling. Matt is simply lovely, kind and one of the most humane person and many try to take advantage of his kindness. Willie Garson also told a fan that @iMattBomer is the real account of Matt. He has misdirected the fan just because she asked if he know if that account is real. Now many believe that is Matt's real twitter account which is not. I am pretty sure Tim DeKay gets thousand times more tweets about Matt but I never saw him misbehaving with a fan. He knows each fan are valuable to Matt and he will always respect that.
- My point, dear r242, is that he is wearing a very nice suit that is much too big for him.
One that, perhaps, belongs to a larger man.
- Er, no, dear R244, he always used to wear jackets that were too big for him. Unless ALL his clothing was shared with someone else.
- Willie Garson is just jealous of Matt's popularity. It's pretty obvious, not matter how much he tries to hide it. And there is no excuse for him to be rude and nasty.
I can't believe, he really lied to to that girl that it's real account? Not only it wasn't nice to lie like that to that girl, but he also managed to destroy Matt's reputation for some people probably. Most of those fake celebrities accounts are incredibly stupid and they make the celebrities, they pretend to be, look like uneducated idiots. Great, that now some people believe that one of those inept impostors is really Matt and it's him posting those idiotic tweets. And all thanks to great "friend" Willie Garson. What a pathetic looser.
- "Dad, why do other men masturbate to pictures of Daddy?"
- [quote]Er, no, dear [R244], he always used to wear jackets that were too big for him.
That's because the jackets were Simon's.
God, Matt's fans are dense.
- [quote]"Dad, why do other men masturbate to pictures of Daddy?"
- [quote]That's because the jackets were Simon's.
You'd know all about being dense, R248. Matt used to wear 'too big' jackets when he was much younger, way before he met Simon. Really best not to call other people "dense", when you're a total idiot yourself.
Also, Simon is slightly taller than Matt, but in no other way "bigger". He's as thin as a rail, and was even thinner when he was younger.
God, trolls on this thread are dense.
- Is Willie G a closet case? Coz he sure acts as one!
- R246, I went to check out that fake account on Twitter, and that latest fake Matt has more than 4,000 followers who seem to believe it's really him, and after only a few days. So Garson potentially did some real damage there. What a total prick.
- R248 Do you suggest that Simon couldn't afford to buy Matt his own clothes?
That's true, trolls on this thread are incredibly dense.
- Willie may be one of those celebrities who shouldn't be on twitter because his ego can't handle it. It's the wild wild west out there and this isn't entirely a bad thing, but you better be able to deal with it
USA wants the actors on all its shows on twitter because their marketing people think social media helps promote their shows. (No statistical data to support this though and it would probably be difficult to show causation anyway.) Willie has been sold a bill of goods about how wonderful social media is. He probably thought he'd go on twitter and have adoring fans telling him how great he is and how much they love Mozzie. Instead he's got these girls and young women asking him about Matt. I understand he'd be annoyed but he's handling it poorly.
Matt has refused to go on twitter even with Jeff Eastin pressuring him. Tim DeKay finally gave in, but there might have been some financial incentive involved. Every so often he puts out tweets that look like promos: "Just had some awesome candy @dylanscandybar ! Such fun!" and "Headed home for a long weekend with the family. I love @JetBlue from JFK to Burbank!"
All this just makes Matt look that much classier.
- [quote]Also, Simon is slightly taller than Matt, but in no other way "bigger". He's as thin as a rail
- [quote]Matt used to wear 'too big' jackets when he was much younger, way before he met Simon.
And when was that?
- I get the feeling that some of you believe that if you look at enough paparazzi photographs of a celebrity you will actually get to know him in some meaningful way.
- R256 2008
- Matt is too smart and classy to expose himself to the retarded trolls that would be all over him on Twitter, never mind the fangirls. Imagine the ignorant homophobes and the jealous trolls that currently leave comments on entertainment sites like 'E' and JJ commenting on Twitter. He doesn't need it and he's likely too busy to manage it anyway.
- That suit doesn't look like something Simon would have worn, if you look at all the old videos of him his suits looks pretty pedestrian, and [R250] is right, Simon is thin.
The fans who don't want to see Matt do Fifty Shades are not fraus who only want to see him with men. They're fans who think its a piece of crap and are afraid that if the movie fails it will hurt his career.
- Willie Garson has nothing on a lot of you guys when it comes to being rude, nasty and judgmental on this and other threads. The name-calling would make Richard Pryor roll over in his grave. Yes, Matt is gracious and polite. Can you imagine him reading some of the threads involving himself?
P.S. Simon is 6'2. Matt is 5'11 on a good day.
- Unless those women have a crystal ball they can pull out of their asses and look into the future, no one knows what kind of movie 50 Shades of Grey will be. That will be determined by the screenplay, the director, and of course the cast. The studios paid a lot of money for the movie rights in the hopes of turning the books's huge domestic and international fan base into box office gold. That they hired the producers behind the critically acclaimed The Social Network indicates that they intend this to be a prestige production.
The challenge for the screenwriter will be to tease out the complex underlying emotional elements in the relationship between Christian and Anastasia while handling the sexual elements delicately. The producers want the movie to be erotic, not pornographic. Think 9 1/2 Weeks. They will need a director who can handle this kind of delicate material, balancing the emotional elements with the erotic ones. If this is done right and they cast the right actors, the movie will be a huge hit. Even if it's not critically acclaimed but at all half way decent, it will rake in the bucks and really elevate the profile of the leads.
Could 50 Shades turn out to be a bomb? Sure. There are no certainties in the movie business. You want certainty in your life, don't be an actor.
However, as someone else noted they're not going to offer the role of Christian to an openly gay actor. I would love it if they did because that would be a sign that things have really progressed for gay actors, but we're not there yet. Still if not the 50 Shades of Grey producers, then hopefully there are other producers and decision makers out there taking note of this wave of female fan support for Matt and maybe, just maybe be willing to seriously consider the idea of an openly gay actor playing a straight leading role.
- R262 Can you prove that people stating their opinions about Willie are the same as those posting nasty, rude comments? No? So back off.
And if you insist to judge everybody here by what a few trolls do, then don't forget that you post here as well. You are one of us, rude and nasty dataloungers. LOL
Go away, nobody needs your judgemental, obnoxious opinions.
- Thanks, [R262] you've proven my point. And if you'll notice I said a lot of and not all of. There is a difference.
- R263 agree 100%.
- Yeah, [R262] god forbid we have another nasty, judgmental datalounger! LOL!
- [quote]Can you imagine him reading some of the threads involving himself?
I suspect he has at least once.
It resulted in this.
- Willie Garson is a weirdo.
- Cankles, R268?
- USA Network social media people are probably cringing seeing as Willie Garson spends more time on twitter lashing out to fans and showing how resentful he is towards Matt madness.
- Can someone tell USA Network that Garson needs to tone it down or just delete his account? At this rate, Matt might lose some fans on issues he has no involvement. Sometime I think Garson is harming Matt's image just as much as Brett Easton Ellis did before.
- The only thing Garson is damaging is his own career and image.
- Joe Henderson retweeted Garson.
- For fuck's sake, Willie Garson isn't doing anything wrong. He's entitled to have his own Twitter like everyone else. If Matt's fans keep bothering him with 50 Shades nonsense, he has every right to call them out on it. I can't think of anything more insulting than contacting an actor to ask him for information on another actor.
[quote]Sometime I think Garson is harming Matt's image just as much as Brett Easton Ellis did before.
That one gets a twofer.
- That's what fans do! That's what all the fans do stupid! Have you ever seen Tim DeKay's mentions? He is so fucking polite to shit he is asked or tagged sometime. Willie Garson is just losing the plot and presenting himself like a moron. Don't defend a wrong doing to support another wrong doing.
- Pushing this into threefer zone, r276.
Lil Matt's getting a headache.
- Matt should honestly shave his legs. I really loved his smooth look on MM
- Nicely shaved legs!
- Willie Ggarson is gross. I checked out his Twitter fee once when I was thinking of following him and saw this exchange he had with a kid where he was incredibly condescending and rude. He basically told the kid to fuck off and use Google, to which the kid replied that they couldn't use their laptop in the hospital. I felt awful just [italic]reading[/italic] it, so I was sure he was going to apologize, or at least be less of an asshole in the future, bug no.
Having said all that, I agree, more or less, with r275. The 50 Shades fans are very pushy and inappropriate. That they don't see why an actor would be offended by being tweeted constantly about another actor says all we need to know about them. Hell, that they even think it's okay to behave in that manner jn the first place says all we need to know about them. Can't we all agree that they both suck?
- I prefer him hairier, but that is a very nice picture, r279. I woul not kick a waxed Matt Bomer outta bed.
- Willie Garson sucks. But Mozzie rules. Thanks to Jeff Eastin.
Bomer said waxing was a painful process and he will never do it again. But this pair of waxed legs look yummy! Pretty! Bomer's legs are nice, they are thin compare most guys. May be Halls likes him a little hairy too.
- [quote]Can't we all agree that they both suck?
Your recommendation is cogent and has been accepted by the committee.
- Why do guys hate shaving their pits and legs?
- Why the long faces, boys? Cheer up!
It's Father's Day!
- I can't believe people are still discussing Matt in 50 Shades. If/when 50 Shades is even made, they're going to get some D-list, bottomed-out has-been actor or a desperate nobody. No one with a decent career will touch that kind of role.
- Few people asked Garson about what is his problem with Bomer and his fans. Few suggested he needs to be polite. He blocked most of them. But replied one.
- So there's some really ugly, fatty, sticky, rude women stalking or possibly harrassing Matt all the time and Matt was fed up with them and wasn't too nice to those blobs. I think Garson was talking about it. I really don't blame Matty, I would spit them.
- Not at all R288. Garson couldn't take it when fans asked him about Matt. How is Matt? If Garson saw Matt recently? Do they hang out occasionally? Can Garson tell Matt that fans like to see him as Christian Grey? Hi Willie, I made this 50 Shades poster for Matt, because he is not on Twitter, can you please show him? Shits like these which are not too much of a shit. Tim Dekay gets more but he neither responds or tells them to fuck off. Nobody was stalking Matt and Matt in his entire career never told a single fan to fuck off. Once he could not sign autographs and he bowed, smiled and politely say he is sorry and that he needs to go.
- Killed the thread, didn't I?
You guys didn't even think it was possible, did you?
- Lol, is the thread dead?
- I don't think too many people are enjoying Father's Day.
- I'm starting to believe. There really do look alike.
- Just Jared just needs to post another paps set of photos and the thread will roll again.
- I think Father's Day might have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm not sure Matt will ever be able to tell the truth about this. His hardcore fans will be devastated. Lil Matt will just be an awkward open secret, like Natalie Portman and Baby Aronofsky.
I made a little movie. Please don't post it to your blog or Tumblr.
- Per E Spoiler, Matt will play Brian's ex on the New Normal who cheated on him with a woman.
"misslicorne: Anything on theNew Normal? Something about Matt Bomer's character?
Bomer's character Drew will have eyes as blue as the ocean on a warm summer day. Wait, that's a given. It's Matt Bomer for crying out loud! You want something new? OK, the reason he and Bryan might have broken up? Because Drew cheated on him...with a girl. That should make for a very awkward reunion for the exes."
So I guess he'll be playing a bisexual? Is that playing up to his female fan base?
- tim and mats kids go to the same school.
- Nothing much changes on the Bomer threads. Matt continues to be flawless and the perfect role model while much of the DL crowd is delusional with fantasies and trolling. Loved the the poster that actually believes Matt reads DL, made me laugh out loud! It is a relief to see some inteligent comments here, just few and far between.
- Flawless and perfect role model? You straight fag hags would eat Matt's shit and declare it tasted like foie gras. It's you cunts who are laughable.
- r299 sounds like Laura or one of her fellow fraus.
Flawless and perfect role model? You straight fag hags would eat Matt's shit and declare it tasted like foie gras. It's you cunts who are laughable.
- Yeah, for Bomer's fag hags who troll in other actors threads-perfect role model. So delusional they won't admit that their role model won't be getting any serious straight role for more than 2 minutes because of his super shallow gay looks and limited talent, but rather believe it's because he is an out gay actor.
- R302 Bomer's beauty must really annoy you, lol!
I'm sure you look like a troll and wish that you had even half the life that he has - nice career, wealthy husband, beautiful kids, perfect body, straight/gay admirers (male/female) etc
Frustrating isn't it!
- We heard you the first time, R300/301. I know it's frustrating to see a human being of so much greater value than you in every way get so much attention, but you're just going to have to learn to live with it, I'm afraid.
Oh, and yes, blatant misogyny really is SUCH an attractive trait.
- [quote]Matt continues to be flawless and the perfect role model.
- R302 let's play a troll game. Please name another lead actor in a current hit tv series that will have filmed 4 movies during his series hiatus and 6 films within 15 months of each other, 3 with top tier director producers, the majority of which are straight roles, plus 2 tv guest roles. Then name any lead actor of a current tv series that has headlined a movie that is top or second billing. Guy is in demand, should keep you busy for a while.
- R302. I know who you are, faghag! You tweeted this list not long ago. And, if anyone tells about Datalounge, you go on saying oof no I don't go to that shitty place! And show off like you are better person. But here you are, caught more than once. And, you also like promoting your own blog frequently and brag about oh! how did I get so many visitors today? Stupid woman.
- Meant that reply for R306, not to R302.
- According to Andrew Rannells interview they start filming TNN episode with Matt next week.
- R309 YAY!
- TITLE: The Leading Man
AUTHOR: xxxx xxxx
LOCALE: Hollywood, New York
PERIOD: mid-2000s to present
LOGLINE: A handsome young gay actor begins a relationship with a successful publicist who plots him on a duplicitous course to stardom.
Worth writing the synopsis?
- R306 If you mean, he's in demand for bomber materials playing the same vapid looker for few secs then vanished again, i agree.
- Jesus, there are some tedious fucking trolls on this thread. If your life is so sad that you feel the need to go on a thread about an actor that you obviously disdain and trash him to make yourself feel better about your own lack of attractiveness and success, you might want to take at look at your attitude and choices. Just a thought.
- With multiple threads of matt bomer flooding this forum, i'm expecting only flowers and rainbows.
- But in R313's world it's okay to trash Willie Garson.
- r312 LOL she tries her best
- R315 Nobody is trashing Willie Garson besides himself. When he stops being rude and nasty to people, then people will stop criticizing him.
BTW he tried to do some damage control recently, supposedly he was misquoted in the interview article. LOL Well, if he tried to be a little bit more nice and diplomatic in what he says about his co-star, then maybe nobody would accuse him of being bitter about Bomer's career. I don't know, maybe he is not really bitter, but he behaves as if he was. He completely lacks any social skills. Every time he opens his mouth, or tweets, or whatever, he comes oot as a very self-centered, unpleasant person.