- Would she prefer "fat fuck?"
- She really is an idiot. She's confusing Full Figure with Plus Size. She bought the tits and thrusts them out every where she goes and when someone comments on her figure, she's gets upset.
- As opposed to "fat"?
- How about curvy with major breast implants?
- Later she changed her mind and remarked, "You can call me anything as long as you don't call me late for dinner."
- She passed full figure this season and is now downright obese.
- And then they showed the entire interview even with the gaffes. How come?
- Isn't she girdled to hell and back in the show?
- Christina says she wears her glasses all the time even to award shows. No, Christina, you don't.
Your tits are front and center sans any glasses, you full-figured mama.
- Full-figured is not an insult -- it's just a description. I mean, they called Jane Russell "full-figured" in this Playtex bra commercial.
- Fine, you're a cow.
- She has such a beautiful face. Those fake tits are huge!
- And Christina, of course you always try so hard to hide your full figure.
Wherever on earth did anyone ever get the idea that your extraordinary bazzooms might cause anyone to think of you as full-figured?
- [quote]She passed full figure this season and is now downright obese.
No she isn't. You don't even know what actual obese looks like, do you, Karen Carpenter?
- She's a fat cunt.
- She's just Kathy Bates without the cancer.
- DL, Would you call Marilyn Monroe "full-figured?" There's a difference between "curvy" and fat. Of course in Hollywood a naturally busty women with toned hips and a size 10 might be considered all of the above.
- "Full figured" is not an insult, but of course it's never polite to comment too much on anyone's body, even in a flattering way. I'm sure she's sick to death of talk about her bod, and all the veiled allusions to her poundage.
And yes, she is corseted to hell and back on "Mad Men", women in those days wore girdles, cinch belts, and bullet bras. It's a great look for her, much better than anything she's ever work in real life.
- She is full figured. Christina is plumper than Marilyn was. I think she carries weight well, but would look better if she lost about 10-15 lbs (like she was earlier in Mad Men).
- She probably IS clinically obese. You'd be surprised at what physicians consider obese.
- Christina is about 5'7". Clinical obesity (BMI above 30) starts at about 190 at that height. Christina is NOT 190. She might be 170 at most, and probably 160.
- Honestly, I think she is fat. Full-figured is a compliment.
- No, Christina, they're merely being diplomatic and polite.
Plus there's no such term as "fat-figured."
- It is rude to call her full-figured since she's clearly "rubenesque"
- Marilyn Monroe was much thinner. She would have been called 'curvy' or hourglass. Hendricks is full figured b/c while she's curvy, she's way heavier than most curvy celebs of the past. She's a big girl. Nothing wrong with that.
- R24 - actually the figures in the paintings Rubens painted were very full on bottom, but not so big in the boobs.
- And her ass is still flat as the Midwestern Plains.
And just as wide.
- How rude?
- She should totally play Ginger Grant in the Gilligan's Island movie.
- Her proportions are so odd. From the tits down she's really fat (just look at her midsection and thighs when she's not wearing clothes that hide it or girdle it in), but her arms and face are skinny. She has a pretty face, though.
- She's got a bit of a belly, but not much. I like her proportions, though she could lose a little.
- Full-figured = Big tits, matching hips and a small waist.
For some reason, men seem to like this look.
- R32, I thought that that was just curvy. So what was Marilyn Monroe? What size dress does Hendricks wear, without a girdle. Size 10 is now average for ladies, although not for actresses.
- I'd guess Christina is a 12 now. MM at her absolute heaviest was a 6-8 in today's sizes.
- She does have a flat ass and small arms.
- Exactly. Marilyn was never bigger than a six 8 of today. Marilyn was a C cup and at her heaviest 140 pounds.
Even with vanity sizing, Hendricks is at least a size 12. She's at minimum 40 inches on top and a 40 in hip area. Her waist isn't Marilyn's 22 inches either, she's more like 29 inch waist with heavy corseting/girdle.
- They pad her for Mad Men.
In real life she is probably full figured but the cameras make her look a little chubby.
- R36, I think MM was a solid D at her heaviest. MM also had an odd midsection, very thin waist, but she almost always had a belly pooch. Marilyn also had comparatively plumper arms. Marilyn's figure is probably closest to Scar Jo's today - though Scarlett doesn't have as defined of a waist.
- Someone is in denial. They girdle Christina up to the gills in Mad Men. In real life her waist is huge without the girdle/spanx cinching her in. Lucky for her in Mad Men it's expected that a woman would be wearing girdles and bullet bras to show off the curves.
- She looks like the pretty girl from the trailer park, in the face. In a non northern state.
- Yes, she is heavy. Luckily, it suits her...but she IS heavy.
- Even without the girdle, Christina's waist isn't huge. Actually, R40, I think Christina looks like the hot waitress at a southern diner.
- She also resembles those sex workers in the documentaries of the legal brothels, like C ranch. Same type.
- Christina, give us a week and well take off the weight! You'll have your own ad campaign too.
- She looked good in the leaked cell phone pics
- She looked great, too bad about the dead ugly husband.
- R32, So if most men prefer the curvy look, why are most actresses the opposite?
- R47: Good question.
- It is rude, she's not some old lady who is full-figured. The bitch is "Thick"!
- Christina is downright skinny compared to a lot of American women today.
- She looks a hella lot hotter in r45's pix.
- Yeah -- and I'm sure you boys all look like fucking Adonis.
- Don't call me tiny!
- Don't call me African-American!
- Don't call me butch!
- Her boobs look real.
- Her boobs are obviously fake. You can see the outline of the capsules in some pictures. And there are old photos of her in playboy that are obviously pre-augmentation.
- She's about the same size as Nigella Lawson at her heaviest.
- R32, because the camera puts on 10 pounds, and because America is conditioned to pick apart the weight of females in the media.
Most men settle for rotund because they can't attract what they see on TV or well-made porn. They say they don't want skinny women, but what they mean is they don't want Twiggy or the early Kate Moss. They do not look for plump women, but if that's the best bet, they're ok with it.
Plump is ok if they bring a lot of value, especially if they love sex and aren't lazy
- R32, Thanks for responding. I wasn't advocating plump for TV, just Marilyn Monroe style curvy.
- A few decades ago, there were more sexpot TV actresses who were pushing chubby: Adrienne Barbeau on Maude, Marilu Henner on Taxi, Loretta Swit on MASH (early years), etc.
- She's a fat fuck
- My acting teacher thinks she is a one-note actress. He says she tries to be sexy in every scene she is in instead of connecting with the other performers. No subtlety in her performance at all.
- I love her on Mad Men but her film career, despite several film roles, is going absolutely nowhere.
- R63 - your film teacher has not watched enough Mad Men. Yes, often, she plays up the sexiness, but she has made Joan into a very complex character.
R64 - So what? Joan has become an iconic character on an iconic TV show.
- Is it the dress, or has Christina put on more weight?
- I'm 5'4" and if I weighed even 135lbs, I'd consider myself pretty fat. Good for her but I don't think I could let myself get that large.
It is really bizarre, as others have mentioned, that she has a thin face and arms.
- R67, I'm 5'3" and start feeling chubby around 130 (where I am now).
- I'm 5'3" and you don't WANT to know what I weigh. I go up and down. But I think Christina Hendricks has to "own" that she's an actress, and it's a pretty visual medium, especially film and TV. I read online somewhere that she finds it frustrating, to be a size 14, when it's time for costume fittings.
As well, she might: most actresses, for good or bad, these days are size 0, 2, 4, 6; an 8 is considered bordeline chunky (not be me: but an not an actress.)
There are people who have had breast reduction. Not saying she should, but I've read about plenty of people, NOT in showbiz, that have.
TO the question within: I would pleasantly but vehemently DISAGREE that calling her full-figured is just rude. Uh, NO, dear: it just shows that people have, you know: EYEsight??!!
- She needs to pay more attention to what she's wearing.
- she has a bm once a week
- Huh? R71
- New pics, even fuller.
- At the season 6 premiere, even heavier
- When Mad Men is over no one will talk about her at all. She needs to shut up and tighten that girdle.
- LOL r5
She is full figured, so what's her fucking problem.
- She looks fantastic on the show,but in real life she rarely wears clothes that suit her.
I don't find her a one note actress at all.
- I've only seen her in Firefly and Mad Nen, but she was great in both.
- Big difference between full figured, a bit overweight, and fat. All depends on how PC you're being
- Boo hoo, fatty. You make a shitload of money and are on a hit show, tough shit if you get "offended" when people talk about your gross body that is always on display. If it were me I would ask if you were in your 5th trimester with that gut. Oh and nice cankles.
- If by 'full' they mean 'full of pie and ice cream' then it fits.
- Hi webbie!
You put blocks and permanent PT on huge chunks of the US and Europe, preventing countless innocent people from posting...
Yet here I am. You will never be rid of me.
You've ruined DL.
- My god, she is big.
- Isn't she the actress who has bm's the size of squirrels?
- She really is a big woman, to call her "full-figured" is a compliment as she's clearly overweight.
- She is gorgeous and a decent actress. I guess she is a bit sensitive about how she is presented in the media. Every single article mentions her figure. I guess that must get tedious. As though that's all she is about. Her Joan is great in a show where there are few characters to care about. Most of them are horrible. Love thd show though.
- Her face isn't beautiful, she's a "jolie ladie" at best. She's wants the media to talk about her "full-figure" constantly, probably because she doesn't want to give up pie.
- Her face on its own would never garner any attention because she's pretty/average at best. She's one of those girls who think they're better than they are because their breasts get them attention. Your chest is turning heads, dear, not your face.
- I think she's gorgeous but do admit she is thick by Hollywood standards. Still, I like that she isn't a lollipop headed anorexic like everyone else.
- [quote]Her face on its own would never garner any attention because she's pretty/average at best. She's one of those girls who think they're better than they are because their breasts get them attention. Your chest is turning heads, dear, not your face.
Yes! If people stopped looking at her image and judged solely by her facial features. They'd see she's quite plain.
[quote]Still, I like that she isn't a lollipop headed anorexic like everyone else.
Most respected Hollywood actresses are a healthy weight. Hendricks is overweight.
And her fake breasts aren't fooling anyone.
- Many Hollywood actresses are too skinny: Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightly.
If CH's face is not at least pretty then I'd like to know who is pretty/beautiful.
It's not just about her lovely breasts. I like to think they're real bye. Most women would not go for breast implants that big. Plastic surgeons might even advise against that size, given the strain it can put on your back.
- [quote]Many Hollywood actresses are too skinny: Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightly.
Jolie is too thin. I don't know if Knightley is naturally thin or not, but she is quite slim.
However most fraus don't like to admit that most A-List actresses in Hollywood are a perfectly healthy weight (slim yes, but not malnourished). They also like to delude themselves into thinking Hendricks "curvy" body is the type men find attractive.
[quote]If CH's face is not at least pretty then I'd like to know who is pretty/beautiful.
[quote]It's not just about her lovely breasts. I like to think they're real bye. Most women would not go for breast implants that big. Plastic surgeons might even advise against that size, given the strain it can put on your back.
She was totally flat-chested before. She's gotten implants in addition to gaining weight.
Facially, I don't think she's attractive at all. Although it is nice to see an actress in Hollywood embrace her pale skin.
- It's not a "perfectly healthy weight" if you have to do drugs and/or develop an eating disorder to maintain it.
- First World problem.
- [quote]It's not a "perfectly healthy weight" if you have to do drugs and/or develop an eating disorder to maintain it.
Most don't have eating disorders or take drugs. They just diet.
- She's gorgeous.
Plus, what R94 said.
- She is bovine.
- R81, she's a FAT FUCK.
- R91 - Most Hollywood actresses are too thin, but Christina has had too much lunch. She does have gorgeous skin.
- Most Americans today have a distorted view of what is a healthy body size. Hendricks is overweight, look at her thighs in R81's link
Sort of like how their taste-buds are distorted and have become accustomed to food the is unnaturally sweet.
- Whoa r100. Those pics are not good, she is huge and she has ham hock arms too.
- Whilst at my link at R99, I saw Mariah Carey far slimmer than Hendricks.
- She looks better in R100 link.
- R92, where are the photos it her flat chested? If she really was flat chested and went for this size then she really is dumb and her plastic surgeon totally irresponsible.
Admittedly I've really only seen her in Mad men where she is usually well covered and wearing a lot of underwear.
Straight men really do like big breasts though it isn't usually a deal breaker. Women like CH and Nigella Lawson really are considered gorgeous. It isn't just some media myth. They could both maybe lose a kilo or two for health reasons but have such pretty faces and nicely curvy bodies this doesn't detract. Is every overweight/obese woman considered attractive therefore? Of course not.
R92 you've selected possibly the most beautiful Hollywood actress ever to argue your case - Grace Kelly. CH isn't as beautiful but then who is?
- here she is before and after. She had tits, just not huge ones.
- Wow r105 she was kind of cute before, had a little Lauren Holly thing going on. Now she's gross. Did she just get big tits so she could excuse getting obese? Like how Jessica Simpson got pregnant again to get off her crappy weight watchers diet.
- She's nowhere near obese for fucks sake. Dramaqueens.
She is quite a lot heavier than when she was young though, so of course her boobs would be bigger. Boobs are just fat. That dress in the after pic is just gross, I don't think her tits look that insane normally. Just saying. She could have easily have a boob job too.
- sorry but that pic at r81 is an obese woman. This is her without girdles.
- I bet her uncorralled boobs hit the top of her feet.
- What a fat fuck
- [quote]R92 you've selected possibly the most beautiful Hollywood actress ever to argue your case - Grace Kelly. CH isn't as beautiful but then who is?
Yes, that was unfair. Beauty's in the eye of the beholder but I just don't think the woman's face in R105's link is pretty in fact at times she can look downright homely.
A good way to judge someone's looks is to imagine them without makeup and bald. Somehow I think people are judging Hendricks looks on her overall image and that fact the the media and other people keep saying she's beautiful.
I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's the manly chin. Here's a photo below, admittedly not the best angle but it shows her without that pouty pose she seems to be pulling in every other picture:
- I'm just not seeing the supposed beauty everyone keeps talking about.
This one's fairer, head on angle:
- She had a nice voluptuous shape the first season of Mad Men. But she's gained about five pounds each season.
- Ugh r11, she's got those little baked bean teeth. Like George and Jerry's coach in high school
- Sorry I meant r111
- She was so beautiful and lithe as "Saffron" in those Firefly episodes (although that was 10 years ago.).
- How did she gain such a massive amount of weight? She seems to have put on about fifty pounds, what did her agent think? Wasn't she worried for her career. She is very big for an actress.
- The weight gain has been gradual.
- R111 & R112 is my online doppelganger. I concur.
When she's not contorting her visage in that pose by splaying her lips and lifting the cheeks, she's plain as dog shit in the face. She has that southern trailer park demeanor and features, Think Reba McIntyre. The Judd mother.
If we're talking gorgeous heavy weights then Delta Burke would fit the bill. Now that is some face. She's a beauty on any level. Not this fly by night Tits McGee and her makeup job.
- You're doppelganger here, R119 and I also agree with you on Delta Burke, she had beautiful cat-like eyes.
- My link failed. Imagine beautiful eyes.
- Doppel, your link doesn't work
- I'll look in the mirror -and see you.
- Look at this link... if it works...
- Delta was gorgeous.
- 124, dare I say Delta is even more beautiful than Vivien Lee in Gone With The Wind? Her eye shape is catlike, almondesque.
- Holy Hell!! A plastic surgery dizasstur! Now that's a sin.
- I think she looks lovely r128
- Cheek implants aren't for everyone. Especially one whose weight fluctuates. She looks more akin to Roseanne before her botched surgery. RoRo had her cat shaped eyes erased or were they just squinty? Don't remember.
- Delta would've been perfect as Elizabeth Taylor in a biopic in the early eighties.
Delta has Type II diabetes, which might explain her face's puffiness in recent years.
When Delta gained weight during "Designing Women" the media were quite nasty. Yet Christina is being applauded for her "curvy" figure.
- You're absolutely right r131. I remember they even had that (very special) episode where she overheard people calling her fat from a bathroom stall or something, to address that she did know she was getting shit about her weight. I don't remember her being half as big and she was a great actress. That's weird and I am glad you brought it up because you would think it would be less acceptable now but I guess not.
- I disagree but I'd certainly like to hear from Miss Hendricks why she thinks it's rude.
In any event, I love her.
- If I were Christina, I would find being called full-figured tedious and boring from hearing it constantly. Being an accomplished person - and she is - and constantly being linked to a physical attribute is always demoralizing, no matter what that physical attribute is. But I would like to think I'd have the presence of mind to not confuse the annoyance with with rudeness. She is full-figured. And proof there is nothing wrong with it.
- [quote]If I were Christina, I would find being called full-figured tedious and boring from hearing it constantly. Being an accomplished person - and she is - and constantly being linked to a physical attribute is always demoralizing, no matter what that physical attribute is. But I would like to think I'd have the presence of mind to not confuse the annoyance with with rudeness. She is full-figured. And proof there is nothing wrong with it.
She encourages it. Full figured is the politest way to describe her, she's overweight.
- There's no way around it. Full figured doesn't really cut it for this doll. Grotesque is the only word.
- Wow. r129's link is TRAGIC.
- Hendricks has a plain face. I always roll my eyes when people say she's beautiful.
- She also looks much better as Joan than as Christina.
- She may look better as Joan but her shelf precedes her into every scene. Not a pretty sight, and I would think she has trouble walking almost anywhere.
- She looks better here.
- Better than what? Puh leese.
- Better than in some recent pics.
- She looked even bigger on the new Mad Men episode.
- I always thought full-figured was a polite way of saying fat. She is certainly not fat. That being said, I always referred to her as the lady from Capital Knockers City. Is that better?
- She's not quite fat, but she is pushing fat. She is now past voluptuous.
- I'm a straight chick and I found myself getting turned on my R pic post.
- Can anyone take her seriously either as an actress or as tits on wheels?
- She'll miss being called full figured when they're labelling her WEHT?
- LOL for R147 I'm a gay dude and I too found myself turned on by that pic.
- She has huge fake implants like Dolly Parton and she's fat. What does she expect?
- Filming the Ryan Gosling movie
- She's pretty and a good actress, but I hate the character of Joan. She's cuntier than Betty truth be told.
- Joan is sharp tongued, but she's not whiny like Betty. She's also managed to make something of herself.
- It's a good thing Christina's got the Joan role going for her. It's the best she's gonna get, I'm afraid. If only she wasn't so grotesque. Her talent isn't full-figured at all.
- She must have the world's best publicist:
- She has an unusual body. Her face and her limbs are a lot slimmer than her torso.
- ok, is lard ass acceptable?
And those boobs are just ridiculous.
- Just Damn, r81.
- Her face is so beautiful. How does she not get carb face or double chins?
- How much more weight must she gain before the media start calling her fat?:
- Don't bother. She's there.
- Actually, I think it's a real disservice to the nation's health to call fat women "full-figured" or "curvy" -- they're fat, maybe even obese, and if they don't have Type 2 diabetes, joint pain and heart disease, they will.
- She's definitively chubby.
- She's built like Tyler Perry's Medea
- [quote]Don't bother. She's there.
Of course she's there, but the media are still being complimentary to her, whilst suggesting that women half her size [italic]are[/italic] fat.
- The media should stop obsessing over women's looks. It's perverted and pathological the way women are constantly being scrutinized. Of course, it's a savvy tool to powertrip women but I am bored with the fucking nagging in regards to women's appearance.
- [quote]The media should stop obsessing over women's looks. It's perverted and pathological the way women are constantly being scrutinized. Of course, it's a savvy tool to powertrip women but I am bored with the fucking nagging in regards to women's appearance.
That sounds somewhat reasonable. But Hendricks is the one pushing everyone to talk about her "curvy", "womanly" figure, so they don't call her fat.
- It seems to be the way to promote this show. They talk about her tits and Jon Hamm's huge cock.
- I like her curves - unlike many here - but admit that she is overweight (not obese). I think she gets away with it because the weight hasn't gone to her face. Anyone obese claiming her as one of their own, is having themselves on.
I still think she is healthier looking than some of the stick insect actors around the place.
- [quote]I like her curves - unlike many here - but admit that she is overweight (not obese). I think she gets away with it because the weight hasn't gone to her face. Anyone obese claiming her as one of their own, is having themselves on.
Yes, but at times she does look at the heavier range of the overweight category, see R81's link. Constance McCashin has a better figure than her, despite her infamous love of junk food:
- Yes, R172, but I have to work out like a fucking *bitch* to keep my svelte figure.
- What if we just call her a great big fat person.
- Christina Hendricks is a human roach nest!
- But ya are, Blanche.
- Describe her to me. I know what would be first on my list.
- She'd totally rock the cheese ball contest at michfest.
- She looks so matronly:
- So matronly...and so grotesque.
- She's lost considerable weight.
- "Curvy" is a shape, not a size. Marilyn Monroe was absolutely tiny-- she hips were 36 inches-- but her waist hip ratio was the definition of curvy.
Hendricks is just fat.
- r182, you have to factor in the bust. Hendricks is (was?) busty.
- Marilyn fluctuated, but you are right, she was curvy based on her proportions.
Christina is curvy herself. She has a relatively small waist for her bust and hips. She's also no longer fat based on the recent picture.
- She's craftily dressed in black. Her tits still precede her into any room. And now she just looks weird.
- Look at how slim her waist is, R185. She's lost weight.
- I think MM's hips were 36 at her smallest. They were not 36 in Some Like It Hot or Niagra.
- She claims her boobs are real.
- In news that will please the yearnings of many men, Christina Hendricks is set to play a stripper in the film adaptation of Gillian Flynn's best-selling thriller "Dark Places." The "Mad Men" actress joins Charlize Theron, Chloe Moretz, Nicholas Hoult and Corey Stoll in the Gilles Paquet-Brenner ("Sarah's Key," "Pretty Things") film.
Hendricks, who is no stranger to attracting buzz, plays Krissi Cates, who years ago accused a man (Stoll) of being a child molester. Krissi is down on her luck and must address secrets from her past that have implications for the accused man's older sister (Theron).
"Dark Places" marks one of two acclaimed Flynn novels to ink a movie deal recently. "Gone Girl," a 2012 best-seller, will receive a David Fincher adaptation, with Rosamund Pike and Ben Affleck in the lead roles.
- Even slim Christina still looks grotesque.
- Big titters!
- I feel bad for this girl. People discuss her figure and her shape so much, but it really has nothing to do with her. Men love to tell anyone who will listen that they think she's hot, because it's a way of bragging that they aren't shallow because they'd fuck a fat girl. And women love to applaud her full-figured shape because they think it will help them to better accept their own physical flaws. Because she's overweight, people think it's okay talk about her in a strictly sexual sense. But if she had an athletic body, and people said they same things about her, it would be perceived as being as creepy and exploitative as it is. Not to mention a weird form of pity.
But, most of all, if anyone gains a little weight, the LAST thing they want people to discuss is their weight. And that's all anybody discusses about her.
- i WISH someone would call me "full figured!"
- Let's face it, Christina. As the years go on, calling you full-figured would be a high compliment.
- What kind of weirdo are you r192? Sure, some women might enjoy calling a heavier woman sexy in order to feel better about their own weight. (Though the ONLY celeb I see that working for right now is Hendricks, actually.) But there isn't a single men in this universe who pretends to lust after the sex bomb secretary from Mad Men so that they don't seem shallow. Are you insane?
- She's fortunate in having a thin face.
- Can we talk about her lack of talent?
- R197 - She is talented. She's been able to make Joan into a complex character.
- I'm not saying they're pretending, R195. I'm saying they're more vocal about their lust for her than they would be with someone of a more conventional shape because they think that makes them seem more admirable.
- Or maybe they like big boobs, R199
- Wrong outfit.
- I'd call that a hell of a lot more than full-figured. I'd call that wearing a tablecloth to enhance her tittays. Poor baby.
- At least this outfit works with her figure.
- I'd prefer her naked body to Claire Danes skinny and gross looking body! Hendricks has the perfect fuck body.
- Somewhere right in between Claire and Christina would be nice.
- Honey, you should consider being called full-figured as a full-blown compliment. Take it in the spirit it's intended.
- Christina carries it better than Kirstie.
- I dated Tom Irwin right after his breakup with Christina. The girl is a total bitch. She used him hardcore. I think she's great on Mad Men, but she is typical Hollywood: soulless.
- This bitch has been 37 for 200 years. God damn.
- She's 38.
- And her cup size is M, for MAMMOTH.
- Her size worked in the early days of Mad Men. Now she's carrying too much weight and it doesn't look good anymore.
She's not a blimp but she is fat. The industry standards for the industry she chooses to work in actually do matter.
She looks much prettier in person, really gorgeous.
- She's put on at least 20 lbs since Mad men started.
- She's like Sandra....from Confederate Northern Virginia where they still worship Robert E. Lee.
Yes, she's hot and beautiful but like Sandra, she's hiding A LOT (this is all conjecture, I'm sure).
- Sandra who?
- Here's a younger Christina in a commercial.
- Jeez, have never seen her before. I googled her, she's a life support for two buckets of silicone.
- R217 - You've never seen her before?
- No 218, I don't have cable. Breaking Bad, Sopranos etc., I've never seen them.
- She is on Mad Men. But she's been talked about a lot.
- And the bitch denies her udders are implants.
- Bitch should be lucky anyone finds her flabby, pasty, flat-ass attractive at all.
- Hard to believe in that commercial she once looked human (forget full figured).
- She looked great in Firefly.
- She also looked fine and was terrific in the 2011 NY Philharmonic production of Company with Neil Patrick Harris, which finally got aired on PBS a few weeks ago. She played the dumb airline hostess April really well, although she did strip down to her slip and bra, and, well, she probably shouldn't have.
- She's a good actress.
- She's still a house, good actress or not. Christina, honey, I think you should get used to "full-figured gal" and take it as it's meant: a high compliment.
- I don't know what her problem is. I have her figure (although my E cup size is natural)and I love it. So do the men--and women.
- R228. Are you a man or a woman?
- I know, Christina. I feel the same way when people talk about my giant, long, thick penis straining to escape my pants .
- A man with an E cup size?!
- She'd look better if she lost 20-30 lbs.
- R231. These days you can't be sure. It never hurts to ask! LOL!
- Big Tina's interviewer's rebuttal:
[bold]Hollywood's voluptuous beauty was offended? Go (full) figure...
Last week I dropped the F-bomb and it went global. No, I didn't swear - the international media storm was because I called the Mad Men actress Christina Hendricks ''full-figured''.
I asked: ''You have been an inspiration as a full-figured woman; what is the most inspiring story that you can remember?'' It seemed inoffensive to me, so I was shocked when she refused to answer the question and told me it was ''just rude''.
I was not intending to be rude. In fact, I think she is one of the sexiest women on the planet. Indeed, I would die for some of those curves! But no one can deny that Hendricks is voluptuous and, whether she likes it or not, she has become a poster girl for full-figured women - especially when considered next to your typical size zero Hollywood actress.
I hope she realises that refusing to own up to the fact that she is full-figured only breeds more insecurity on body acceptance.
Unfortunately, she has now made the term full-figured a dirty word.
In response to my story, the editor-in-chief of the US-based Plus Model Magazine, Madeline Jones, told me she was disappointed by Hendricks's reaction. ''I was personally offended by it. She is a curvy woman and she is fuller than most women in Hollywood, so therefore she is a role model to plus-size women,'' she said.
''She is a role model to 65 per cent of American women and millions around the world. What a powerful statement she could have made. She should be humbled that she can inspire so many people. The fact that she made such a big deal about it shows truth about how she feels and how she feels about her plus-size fans.''
Curiously, on the same day as my interview, Hendricks answered questions from News Ltd, including ''Have you ever felt a time in your career that you have had to change just to fit a model type'' and ''Have you ever thought 'Oh gee, should I lose weight?''' She answered: ''It's important to embrace who you are and celebrate who you are and we are all completely different and I think that's gorgeous.''
Exactly right! For the record, full-figured is defined as ''amply proportioned'', it does not mean fat or obese. It is a term to describe buxom and shapely, with broad hips and lots of sensuous, womanly curves as opposed to an androgynous waif-like figure. To me, this is political correctness gone mad.
So why did she take offence? No issues or topics were off limits for the interview and in my weekly Date with Kate column I often discuss weight, health and fitness. Her publicity people had approached me as she was being paid a significant sum of money to promote a brand of glasses in Australia.
As a journalist, my role is to ask what our readers would like to know. Her shapely appearance is an important part of her appeal, so it would have been unprofessional not to ask the question - albeit politely and with the best intentions. When I asked Kim Kardashian - who is also regarded as voluptuous in Hollywood terms - a similar question, she replied: ''I feel excited that young girls look up to me and I'm not your typical stick-skinny girl.''
Hendricks later told The Sun-Herald that she prefers her shape to be described as ''feminine''. But does that mean that I'm not feminine because I'm slight?
Since referring to Hendricks as full- figured, I have had countless abusive tweets, emails and comments about my weight. But I choose not to take offence. Yes, there are plenty of things I would change about my body. I would love bigger breasts and I'd kill for long legs. But I am proud of my body because I know that I eat well and I am healthy.
Above all, I celebrate women of all shapes and sizes.
- Link for above:
Closing bold tag.
- [quote]And the bitch denies her udders are implants.
Her breasts are big because she gained so much weight. They're probably quite saggy without support. I have a friend who's built just like her. A good bra makes all the difference.
Look at what Lohan's (now obviously real) large breast looks like from the side. That's clearly a natural (and premature) sag.
- [bold]Bold over, yet?[/bold]
- In this picture.....
- And this one.....
You can see how Christina would be a great WW
- [/bold]Back fat
- Ham-hock arms
- Side profile
- She is gorgeous.
- [quote]She is gorgeous.
It's "ginormous", sweetie.
- Full-figured is putting it mildly, and kindly.
- Back fat #2
- Big Tina endorses everything. She looks like a gal who enjoys her margarine:
- Give her a fucking break, she is a hot mess, but she was a scream in the Neil Patrick Harris version of Company, and should better more comedy turns.
- Rose Mcgowan's fat little sister
- R220 - She does not have the WW look.
- Thigh fat:
- She does look gorgeous. Even in photos revealing backfat, the entire rest of her looks amazing. She's thick and beautiful, lets accept it and move on.
- R252 - That's actually flattering. Who is with her?
- She's unhealthy.
- Why does no one remark on her resemblance to Gabourney Sidibe?
- Have never understood the obsession with this sow. Bad dye job and her breasts are disgusting. Massive mounds of shapeless fat, squished together and overflowing under a too-tight top. Maybe quantity over quality matters to straight men, but I've seen good tits and these ain't good tits. These are fat girl tits.
- [quote]Plump is ok if they bring a lot of value
We're talking about women like they were steaks at the local Kroger now?
- Remember she has BMs the size of squirrels.
- She is full-figured and gorgeous. This is such a tedious thread. Let it go.
I love how you Americans obsess over certain celebrities being "fat". The truth is that more than 50% of your population is overweight. Not sure why you take it out on this woman or Jennifer Lawrence (who basically has the perfect figure) when there are millions of truly overweight men and women you could target.
- Her younger self had blondish hair and a normal-sized bust. If she regrets the attention her artificial hair and breasts generate, she should return to her more natural features.
- Better than calling you fat bitch-chi-sha... go run 'long now...
- There are far worse things she could be called
- Let Tina alone! What's done can't be undone and she'll just have to live with all the augmentation! And so will we.
- Probably best to say nothing then !
Calling her 'full figured' is being 'kind'.
She's borderline Zaftig.
Really. Give her a few more years and you'll see. PLUS, truth is the ideal for the past 40,50 years has been women that are no bigger than a size 8.
- R262 - Christina is several sizes larger than Jennifer Lawrence.
- Howzabout ZAFTIG?
I love that one...
- Zaftig fits Christina.
- Call her a whale
- Gut at 0:25
- I like the glasses R272
- Funny thing is, in recent photos (last several months), she appears to have lost about 15-20 pounds--maybe not from her boobs but from her midsection, and looks much better. In that last photo upthread she looks way thinner than last year's show (including her face). Maybe calling her full-figured has actually worked...
- She has lost some weight and is getting back her shape.
- Side gut
- Pot Belly
- Pot Belly 2
- "Side gut". How's that for her nickname?
- [italic]Although Hendricks had to be dragged away from the hot dog stand, she promised to return.[/italic]
- That before picture is hot! The perfect woman. Shame she didn't get famous earlier.
- R279 looks like early in Mad Men's run.
- She looked slimmer at Sundance this year:
- The size of squirrels, people!
- She looks best at the weight @ r279
- ^^ Yeah, WHAT are you going on about?
It's unfortunate that she'd understand a comment about being 'full-figured' to be negative. I sensed it as a nod to her having delicious curves--a welcome sight, from a purely lustful perspective. But, I do understand it was kind of dim for the interviewers to have not worded it more carefully.
And I [italic]love[/italic] a girl in glasses.
...Here's a heartbreaking Mad Men scene, when Joan's good friend Carol admits that she loves her.
- R259 = very gay man
- Who said "I'm so over you" in 1960.
- All right, you're not full figured, You are FAT!
- Pic from a month ago. Not slim, but not bad.
- There's STILL an expedition lost inside those sagging, droopy, oversized meat curtains!
- Squirrels, I tell you - SQUIRRELS!!
- R298 Elizabeth Moss's face is terrifying in that pic.
- [quote][R298] Elizabeth Moss's face is terrifying in that pic.
Julianna Margulies looks awful in that picture with Tom Hanks. She took the zero percent body fat a tad too far.
- "morbidly obese" would be more accurate
- Holy cow, R299. You are an off-the-chart 'mo.
As for us gay girls, [italic]I'm getting that tingle in my tummy[/italic] just looking at these photos of her.
- Elisabeth looks overweight too, and she does not pull it off well.
- [quote]Elisabeth looks overweight too, and she does not pull it off well.
I saw Elisabeth M. in NYC last summer when she was shooting a film and she does not look overweight. She looked petite in person. It is crazy how much weight a camera adds.
- Camera or no camera, it's completely obvious that E. Moss is slender. Some people are just insane.
- Hendricks is a natural blonde.
- No joke - SQUIRRELS. Seriously.
- Tipping me over in a field is even ruder!
- What's this squirrel shit?
- Big Tina looked fatter than ever in her full-figured interview:
- Loud prints don't work on big women like Christina:
- No they don't.
- Big Tina's outfit from the interview:
- I actually like it R315
- Are they really as big as SQUIRRELS?
- Timeline of her weight gain:
- Nothing about Hendricks is natural as this 1999 photo proves.
- That's some photo, R319! Thanks for posting it.
- ROLF, R245.
- R319 - She's not flat chested there.
- How about "Facunt" or "C-Barge"?
- [quote]How about "Facunt" or "C-Barge"?
Appropriate. But Hendricks official DL designation is Big Tina Hendricks or Fat Sow Christina Hendricks.
See AnnE for for Anne Hathaway whilst Anne Fakeaway or Anne Fauxhumilityway also work she's already been given an official name.
- She's looking thinner on Mad Men.
- How about calling her a fat ass famewhore who got fake tits to help with the famewhoring? How would that be classified?
- Are they really as big as squirrels?
- Yes, as big as squirrels.
- Just saw her in "God's Pocket," where her breasts looked beyond ridiculous. They were practically up to her neck and nothing on her moved naturally. I watch a LOT of indie movies with a lot of different body types and never even notice when someone doesn't have a Hollywood figure... until Christina.
- Christina Hendricks: 'Calling me full-figured is just true.'
I fixed that for you.
- I thought she looked good in R331's pic.
- Too fussy. Makes her look even fatter.
- That's a good pic R337
- Is it true she's really good in God's Pocket?
- Mel Brooks: "Calling me Jewish is just rude"
- She looked much slimmer in the last Mad Men where Bob Benson proposes.
- She looked mammoth last season.
- She looks like the fat office frau:
- Full figured is better than overweight cow!
- Good lord are those huge knockers real?
She looks pregnant in the belly area. Unless she has stopped wearing Spanx.
- She looks good here.
- On the Tonight Show. Definitively slimmer, and looking gorgeous.
- New photos. Still fat.
- No, R355, she looks huge. Her face and arms are still but her body's huge. She isn't even curvy. Look at the photos above. Her waist is bigger than her husband's and barely goes in. She's Spanxed to the max in every outfit. Can we see a photo of her where she isn't covered up and in shapewear. She's overweight.
- She looks the same size as always in that gold skirt ^^. If you think she isn't overweight take a look in the mirror. She has a gut.
- Her waist is about 30 inches with girdle. It might be smaller than her hips and boobs but there's no denying her hips are wide.
- Her publicist works over-time to promote her "curviness". She's just a great big fat person. She should be thankful no one called her "stocky" or "big boned".
- Her waist.
- I'm an ass man and big tit fan...but some curious reason she does nothing for me. On paper that hip-to-waist ratio may perhaps equal classic hourglass; in reality, however, it's the waist numbers that matter most. Hendricks waist is far too thick and merely makes her upper body, shoulders, hips, and overall appearance robust or matronly.
Academic studies have found that by altering a models picture by narrowing just the waist to achieve the perfect ratio 0.7(IIRC); or alternatively only altering the hips (broadening) but leaving waist unaltered..the smaller waist wins virtually every time among males studied. Moreover, guys will specify a preference for an smaller waist than the standard 0.7 ideal.
In my opinion that real ideal sexy curvy woman is a mixture of the delicate and plushly fleshy. Christina, however, is in BBW territory. Not that that's a bad thing. In keeping with the shows era, I think "curvy" should be reserved for classic Gina Lollobrigidas, Sophia Lorens, Marilyn? (in her nude pics she has no ass or tits to speak of).
Hendicks's lustrous luminescent alabaster skin IS kinda hot tho.
- She's a top heavy hourglass.
- WTF? Is some brazen cad copping a feel in R355? LOL
- That's hysterical R365 and it looks like a woman's hand.
Maybe a randy lesbian?
- You must be at least kinda gay, R363, if Christina Hendricks does nothing for you.
In her 1960's Joan get-up, she is unquestionably sexy.
- R365 good question.
- I like her character on Mad Men (although I did not watch the previous season because Winer lost me and I can't be bothered if he can't be bothered), and in general I think she is a good actress. However, she seems to be in the most shit indie movies that she does over her hiatus. Except for Drive, which she had a minor role, she cannot seem to get in any decent movies. I hope that changes once Mad Men is over next year.
I will say that I see her having a film career over John Hamm. He does not have that elusive "it" factor for the big screen.
- Christina in Company (2013). I can see her having a Broadway career.
- BMs the size of squirrels. Just reminding you.
- She has a gut in everything.
- i liked her in Company.
- What did R220 mean by WW?
- Wonder-woman, R383?
- The bitch is fat. Her ass is incredibly flat as well. She actually has a horrible shape if you look at her sideways, but her boobs camouflage all of the problem areas.
- She looks slimmer in R379
- Thank you 384!
- She has rather pronounced collar bones.
- She looks more like a walking mountain range to me.
- R358 Her husband looks very skinny though. If she is overweight then she's the best looking overweight person in the world.
- I think she looks wonderful.
A normal sized woman, and one who is put together and cares about her appearance. Looks classy and doesn't look bland, suburban or as if she stopped giving a fuck.
- Perhaps it's rude to call someone full-figured. But then it's also rude to call someone fat, even though it may well be true.
- Interview in The Guardian to promote her film with PSH, God's Pocket. Disappointed to learn she's one of those people who register their pets as service animals so they can carry them on planes, despite all lack of therapeutic need.
- R393's link
"I've been asked by Hendricks's PR not to ask any questions about her body in the interview. But, obviously, I try to bring it up anyway. Hendricks spots the approach from a mile off. "Don't do it," she says firmly, before I even get to the end of the sentence. She smiles but it's quite clear she means it. She finishes her raw steak and then places her knife and fork together on the plate. Just like Joan, there's a steely underwiring beneath that pale-skinned, blush-cheeked exterior."
- I love the subtle dig at her eating raw steak. Bitch, you can stall me all you want but I am gonna write that you are a COW!
- And the wine.
- Joan being a total bitch to Paul Kinsey:
- Huge Tina
- R397 - Paul deserved it.
- R386, that photo is older, all the others are recent.
- If R379 is Christina looking 'good' I don't want to see what she looks like now! Those melons she calls tits look like they're suffocating.
- I think she jacks up the size of her implants each time she puts on weight (see link). She's either delusional or in denial if she thinks people aren't going to comment on those freakish chin rests. In contrast, Dolly Parton responds with humor and doesn't take herself so f*ing seriously.
- [quote]I think she looks wonderful. A normal sized woman, and one who is put together and cares about her appearance. Looks classy and doesn't look bland, suburban or as if she stopped giving a fuck.
- What do you queens care about her weight? You don't see straight guys going on about Jonah Hill.
- [quote]You don't see straight guys going on about Jonah Hill.
No, but you see gays guys discussing his disgusting obesity.
- Well, actually maybe straight guys do make cracks on his weight but the difference is he is is/was/is once again genuinely obese. Christina Hendricks isn't. I doubt many straight guys are put off by her weight.
- And my point is gays aren't supposed to fancy her, just as straights aren't supposed to fancy Jonah Hill or other guys.
- She has what might be called a Lainie Kazan figure.
- She'll be lucky if she's called anything once Mad Men ends.
- [quote]And my point is gays aren't supposed to fancy her, just as straights aren't supposed to fancy Jonah Hill or other guys.
The gays don't fancy him either. At any weight.
- She seems to be doing well in theater.
- There was a blind about her getting turned down at auditions specifically because it's thought she is too fat, and that she is losing weight and is considering a breast reduction.
- where was that BL?
- Looking fat in recent video.
- That lardy thigh.
- R415 - That was a well done video.
- She’s Melissa McCarthy without the jokes.
She’s Precious without the welfare check.
- There’s a deluded three hundred pound frau on this thread. Everytime it gets bumped up, she’s there heralding Big Tina’s weight loss and how she’s soooooo not fat.
- Profile shots are not her friend.
- It’s rare to see obese people care like her. Most have given up.
- She looks normal. Considering the normal ‘Murkin, that’s not a healthy thing.
- The stop for Curvytown was forty pounds ago. She’s in Fatgirltown.
- If she only wants to lose weight for roles then she’ll gain it back. She needs to want to lose it for the sake of her health.
- She's lovely, and not at all obese.
- R427 = Ginny in Billing.
What happened to those brownies Shelley brought in, Ginny?
- If she only wants to lose weight for roles then she’ll gain it back. She needs to want to lose it for the sake of her health.
- She was miscast in Company. Too fat to be believable as a sexy air hostess. I see the baby voice and now she’s supposed to be sexy, but she isn’t, she’s big.
- Her phony baby voice sounds so odd on a great, big, fat woman.
- Big boobs, big thighs —— where’s the nipped-in waist?
- She’s not an hourglass. Her waist doesn’t go in —— without Spanx.
- She’s a cello.
- Darlin’, she’s a whole orchestra.
- Once the roles stop coming in after Mad Men ends, she’ll probably blow-up.
- She needs to get back to here Firefly weight. What happened?
- Maybe she has a glandular problem.
- Too much lunch R437
- She's a lot thinner than Melissa.
- She's a life support system for those silicon melons.
- She looks thinner here at an Emmy pre-party.
- She doesn't, R442. Although, black suits her. Dark colors are slimming.
- With Bellamy Young and Betsy Brandt. CH looks better.
- Wonder what this bitch looks like naked
- Fashion disaster
- What about "Ed-Asner-esque" ?
And what's more, this discussion is useless without pie. And ice cream.
- How is it this bitch keeps getting younger with every article written about her? She's gotta be well into her 40s now.
- Born 1975 supposedly.
- She at least looks proportional in that outfit in R447
- She has a thin skin and hates the constant carping over fashion faux pas or what she perceives as the non-issue of her weight. "I am too emotional," she admits. "I do take things personally because someone is always wanting to criticise or say something negative. I don't know why it is. I'm sure there's tons of blogs out there about how horrible Meryl Streep is." She guffaws at the thought. "And we all know that's not true."
She's right that her physical attributes come up again and again whenever she is interviewed or written about. On one level you can understand why – in a world where wraith-like thinness in actresses is revered, Hendricks is full-blooded proof that gorgeousness can exist, and be embraced, in a different construct. Her costumes in Mad Men – fitted dresses with nipped-in waists and knee-length pencil skirts worn over uncomfortable girdles and underwired long-line bras – only served to accentuate her hourglass figure and have influenced a host of fashion designers.
On another level you can also see why Hendricks is fed up with talking about it, because it is demeaning to suggest that the success of any woman's work depends on her vital statistics rather than her talent.
I've been asked by Hendricks's PR not to ask any questions about her body in the interview. But, obviously, I try to bring it up anyway. Hendricks spots the approach from a mile off. "Don't do it," she says firmly, before I even get to the end of the sentence. She smiles but it's quite clear she means it. She finishes her raw steak and then places her knife and fork together on the plate. Just like Joan, there's a steely underwiring beneath that pale-skinned, blush-cheeked exterior.
- Call her a fat cunt who can't dress for shit who is weeks away from emulating the last phase of Joan Crawford's career and see what she says. Full figured never bothered Marilyn Monroe or Jane Russell. Pretentious basic cable twat. Better yet, TWUNT! El Twunte Grande!
- Do you ever get tired of your own nastiness, R453?
- She's chubbier than Marilyn was.
- I'm totally gay, but I would love to explore Christina's curves.
She is sex on a stick.
- no 454. It keeps me alive. I kill your pets! I KEEL them!
- Calling me sarcastic is just true.
- [quote] "Call her a fat cunt who can't dress for shit who is weeks away from emulating the last phase of Joan Crawford's career and see what she says. Full figured never bothered Marilyn Monroe or Jane Russell. Pretentious basic cable twat. Better yet, TWUNT! El Twunte Grande!"
R453, your post made me laugh till tears rolled down my legs.
- [quote]I'm sure there's tons of blogs out there about how horrible Meryl Streep is." She guffaws at the thought. "And we all know that's not true."
Could she be pretending that she hasn't been on DL before?
- [quote] Calling me full-figured is just rude.
Would she prefer fat?
- She is overweight, but Christina does have great skin.