- My apologies for the horrifying thumbnail DL chose to represent that link in the original post. Egads.
Here's a link to a Wallander interview...*sigh*
(Note the presence of Branagh with stars in his eyes. Can't say I blame him.)
- Link to Tom's Twitter feed, where he routinely shits sunshine and rainbows, and mercilessly feeds my obsession with him
I'm done. It was worth the $18.
- [quote](especiallly love the scene in Stuttgart where he walks down the steps in the D&G suit).
I hate the scene, because it is so obviously not filmed on location and the only reason the scene is supposed to take place in Germany is for the old Jew who stands up against Loki to have a bigger impact.
I like Tom Hiddelston though, but for a time I mixed him up with J.J. Feild.
- He was brilliant as Henry V.
- I do love Tom Hiddleston but not sure why the hate for BC. He has always seemed fairly grateful for what he's achieved and on last week's One Show debunked a few rumours doing the rounds. However, you probably know more about him than I do. I can only go by the interviews I have read or watched. I assume you are the person who posted about Benedict Cumberbatch and Olivia Poulet on the blind items thread. You seem to have behind the scenes knowledge of their relationship from the way you wrote about it.
- I like him but wouldn't call him handsome.
- R5, like most people posting on a gossip site, 90% of what I write is pure projection. However, I do know people who know and/or have worked with Ben, and their opinions run hot and cold. Having said that, all seem to agree that he is enormously talented, and Hollywood appears to have the same opinion.
(And to be fair, just as Tom makes it easy to love him, Ben seems hellbent on validating my personal impressions with his foot-in-mouth disease.)
- R7 I read an interview where BC's sister said he was perfect for Sherlock as he is quite like him in real life. I imagine he is a character. Tom is, as you say, very affable. He is doing very well for himself and I think equally as talented as BC. Sorry for hijacking the thread. I am a huge Sherlock fan and was just curious about your views. Keep posting about the lovely Hiddles.
- Aww, OP. I love you. I can already tell that you're a very sweet person :)
When it comes to Hiddleston.. I'm a fan myself. He's such a nice guy. He loves his fans and he truly loves what he does. He appreciates it all. He takes it in and enjoys it. It was so funny to see the behind the scenes clips from The Avengers. He always had a smile on his face.
Oh, and is there anything this man can't do? Seriously.. he can rap, sing, play the guitar, speak 5 languages.. it's insane. He is so talented. I don't even know what to say.
The reason I like him is because he's got such a great personality. He is so confident and charismatic. He is so intelligent too. I don't know if you've seen his Madrid interview, but wow... it was heavy stuff, "love yourself". Just perfect. He is so humble and polite too, and so nice to his fans. He signs stuff for fans for like 15 minutes even if he only has 10. He knows how to be a perfect gentleman. He is known as one of the nicest actors today, and I don't think it's an act, I think it's genuine.
He's such a great actor too. He was easily the best part of both Thor and The Avengers. He loves the character. I don't think there's a fanboy out there who loves Loki more than Mr. Hiddleston himself, lol. It just seems like he got the dream role, which is ironic, since he auditioned for Thor. But he is so perfect for Loki. I definitely think the producers did the right thing by having him play Loki. It takes a good actor to bring life to such a complex character.
Oh yeah.. and he's hot too. Even with the receding hairline, I don't really care.. he's still hot. I prefer him with the dark hair though, instead of the blond he usually rocks.. I know it's his natural hair color, but still.. I think the dark hair suits him better. I was very disappointed to hear he's wearing a wig for Thor 2. Which means we won't see him with the dark hair again, sigh.
I've seen some discussion on his sexuality. I want him to be gay. I just don't think he is.. he's dated a lot of girls, and in some interviews you even find him checking out girls, and he loves boobs, seriously. Sometimes he's been caught staring at a girl's boobs. I know he supports LGBT rights though.. so at least he's a gay friendly straight guy. Then again, he is British, and most guys there are gay friendly and supportive. And he has done theatre, I'm sure he has lots of gay friends.
- Was in "MIdnight in Paris", as F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Only a very brave actor would have allowed that hairstyle.
- I have found Loki a very sexually charged comic book character since Walt Simonson drew him that in THOR, and I have to say I found Hiddleston as Loki in AVENGERS pretty much the walking incarnation of my fantasies about fucking a hit evil guy. I rubbed a few out to mental images of him afterwards.
- Agreed, R11. Loki is a very hot guy... the fact that he's evil just makes him even hotter.
Here are some deleted scenes. At the start there's a very cute scene between Loki and Thor. I have no idea why they cut that scene out though.. I think it should have stayed in, because it shows the relationship between Thor and Loki.
- Everyone loves him, but in the end, they will spit him out just like everyone spat out Robert Pattinson.
- This picture made me realize how much I love him.
- Excuse me R13, how can you compare Hiddleston to that dweeb? Robert Pattinson is one of the most talentless actors I have ever seen. He is so bad. He has no personality either, is not hot in the slightest and constantly seems high. He was lucky with Twilight. The reason he's barely relevant anymore is because the Twilight shit is almost over.
Tom Hiddleston will have a career for a long time. I agree that the fangirls have started to adore him, and yes.. most of them like him because of Loki and less because of his other work. But at least his fangirls can recognize talent when they see it. Tom deserves it, because he really is a good actor, unlike the twilight guy. He is such a nice person too, he deserves all the fame.
R13.. I'd recommend you to watch some interviews of Tom Hiddleston, because your comment tells me you have no idea how he's like. This guy is intelligent, articulate, sweet, kind, warm, funny, inspirational, talented, humble, polite and he's also very generous towards his fans. He's got loads of charisma too. He's so confident and the confidence makes him sexy. He's easily one of the most inspirational actors this decade. Please don't judge him yet.. watch interviews before making up an opinion about him. I understand that he's not everyone's taste, he can seem a bit pretentious, although I disagree, obviously.. I think he is just extremely talented and enjoys what he does, and that shines through. He actually takes his profession seriously, and likes to educate himself about the roles that he play. How can you not appreciate that? He's so different from most of the bland Hollywood actors of today. I think it's refreshing to see a guy like Tom in the acting business.
- "Tom Hiddleston will have a career for a long time. I agree that the fangirls have started to adore him"
Actually, fangirl adoration is very dangerous for a highly trained, extremely talented actor's career. And not just because he will be offered cutesey roles, but because he'll be labeled a "has-been" when the fangirls move onto someone else.
He would be well advised to discourage the little monsters.
- Another Hiddleston fan here. It's so strange. He has all the qualities I usually dislike in a guy: fair, thin, slight aristocratic bearing...BUT the man oozes charisma. And is such a great fucking actor.
His Loki totally turns me on.
- [quote]I'd recommend you to watch some interviews of Tom Hiddleston, because your comment tells me you have no idea how he's like. This guy is intelligent, articulate, sweet, kind, warm, funny, inspirational, talented, humble, polite and he's also very generous towards his fans. He's got loads of charisma too. He's so confident and the confidence makes him sexy. He's easily one of the most inspirational actors this decade.
OMG! Fangurlia Maxima Suprema!!!
You must have been fingering yourself pretty intensely while you typed all that!
- I went to RADA when he was there. I only sort of knew him since he was in his last year and I was in my first. I don't really know about his sexuality. He dated a few girls but the girls were sort of beneath him in terms of attractiveness. Nothing really steady. I'd say it was possible he'd be a gay person who comes out (to himself) later in life. At school his reputation was for being extremely serious about acting and he kind of threw himself into that. Not at all surprised he is so successful. Even in the RADA plays he exuded charm and warmth.
And yes he is SUPER nice and polite. (especially in a place where competitiveness and hurt feelings were the norm.
- Thanks for the post, R19.
- R19, let me love you!!!! Many thanks for the inside take. All as I expected.
This flawless bastard...
- I love Loki!
- Thanks for the info, R19. Though I must add that "dating below himself" doesn't necessarily mean he's gay. I just think he prefers more curvy women, and that's refreshing, especially coming from an actor. I do get the gay vibe from him occasionally though, so I wouldn't completely rule out the fact that he might be gay, even if it doesn't look like it right now. At least he's very supportive of LGBT rights, he's an ally, and that means a lot. Who knows.. he might be bi. I could actually picture him having sex with people he likes, despite gender.. pansexual in a way.
I do too, R22. Loki was the best part of Thor and The Avengers. I don't even like Thor (the character).. which is why I waited so long to watch it in the first place, but now I kinda regret not watching it earlier.. I probably would have if I had known how awesome Loki is.
- r19 here....one thing I always respected about Tom was that unlike so many people who go drama school with pretty much the sole intent of getting an agent---they all think they are already great actors (either from prior stuff or because they got into RADA) and they just want the RADA connections-----Tom already was signed by Hamilton Hodell (one of if not they best agencies in Lonon) before he went to RADA. The agency saw him in a university production of Streetcar Named Desire and signed him on the basis of that. So he could have started working three years prior to when he did. I'm sure even if he was only a moderately good actor at that point because of his looks he would have gotten some dumb TV show or movies. But instead he put in three years hard work,(and drama school is hard work!) worked his way up thru the theatre doing award winning work and will probably become a respected actor on stage and screen for life.
Lord he's perfect. I miss him! (and I still sometimes have fantasies about running into him at a RADA reunion and.....well who knows!)
- Not very attractive. Meh.,
- [quote]He was brilliant as Henry V.
He was! The difference in his appearance and bearing as Prince Hal from the later King was startling. He looked very Fassbendery in the role.
- I thought there was an unusual homoerotic charge btween his Prince Hal and Peto in the Henry IV plays, especially in their sort-of sauna scene.
- He's so much hotter than the big dummy that plays Thor.
- R28, yes, he is. He's gorgeous. Love the dark hair and fair skin and blue eyes. Just lovely.
- The other guy in the sauna is David Dawson who was in Tom's class at RADA
- What is going on here? I'm confused..
- I'm not gonna lie.. that banana story kinda shocked me. I definitely think he's straight now.. unfortunately. He keeps looking at women's breasts in interviews, and now this? at the most he's bisexual, but I don't see even that tbh.
- R25 Nah! He is 4652786453x more atractive as an actor than your lame and corny lookin Matt Bomer.
- There are very few actors who are gay in Hollywood. The percentage is around .5% - it's just a fact. Virtually every rumor of a gay actor has been refuted. Sorry.
- Are you kidding me R34? They may not have COME OUT yet, but that doesn't mean shit, you moron.. there's a reason they don't come out. Hell.. some gay actors are even married and have kids. Yes, it happens.. it's not my fault you're ignorant.
The reason I think there's so few openly gay actors in Hollywood is simply because most actors are very ambitious and are willing to closet themselves to get a career, hell.. those are the people who are the most famous. Secondly, it's not that there's few gay actors in Hollywood, it's just that most openly gay actors are weeded out before they ever get big, because it's seen as a liability. Openly gay actors find it more difficult to get roles, it's sad but it's the truth.. the gays have everything to gain by closeting themselves in the business today. Your percentage is way off. You are talking about the openly gay actors, but there's definitely a lot of gay actors in the closet.. hell, there's even been some openly gay actors who are willing to go back into the closet when they get famous. I'm looking at you Colton Haynes and Luke Evans. Ask yourself this: how many gay guys are in drama school? Exactly, so shouldn't the percentage be much higher? It it, but they're just not out.. some people are even happy in the glass closet, like Matt Bomer and Jim parsons were before they came out.
- Sorry girls, he's straight. However he rides horses well and is a great dancer. And I think he looks better with dark hair than his gingery fluff.
- I agree r35 in a way, let's be real. Hardly any Hollywood ermm .. "actors" give a shit about the craft of acting. They want to be famous movie stars, they want money, to party, be treated like a VIP star and bang as many hot chicks as possible.
- I'm not an actor, I'm a movie star!
- [quote]I agree [R35] in a way, let's be real. Hardly any Hollywood ermm .. "actors" give a shit about the craft of acting. They want to be famous movie stars, they want money, to party, be treated like a VIP star and bang as many hot chicks as possible.
Again, your problem is that you assume every actor is straight. Not all actors want to bang hot chicks.
- I don't believe you can ever say an actor is conclusively straight. The PR machines, hype, and hiding in the closet for advancement her just too powerful. Look at John Travolta....
- Exactly, R40... that's my point. Which is why I'm saying that Tom Hiddleston is most likely straight.. because he genuinely seems turned on by women, but I'm still not leaving out the fact that he might be bi.. because you never know.
- The idea of a 'gay' actor is practically a myth. You can count on one hand the major stars who are gay.
- Stupid God!
The Incredible Hulk
- Puny god!
- Sometimes you sound like Sir Ian in God's and Monster's and sometimes like a love struck teenager, OP. I don't know which I like better. Carry on.
- okay, I'm laughing at my use of apostrophes in Gods and Monsters. Carry on.
- Update: Tom's been photographed out and about with a painfully plain actress and former RADA classmate named Sian Clifford.
- He gave a razzie-worthy performance in "The Deep Blue Sea".
- Photographic evidence.
- Staring at Scarlett Johanssen's ass.
Does anyone want to explain how this picture looks "gay"?
- Benedict Cumberbatch didn't get where he is by sucking cock. Well, he might have permitted some sucking of his own cock.
- So I gather this opportunity to charm Colin Morgan into bed was likely wasted on Tom. Oh well, I still prefer to imagine them going home together after the match.
If Tom is as polite as everyone here says, though, he should get a clue that Merlin and the woman next to them could use some of the bench space he's devoting to airing his genitals.
- I still would have liked to have seen Adrian Brody as Loki
- I agree: Tom Hiddleston, yummmmm! He is hot and supremely talented. Still, you do not need to Cumberbash to promote him, OP. They both are high on the actors I'd love to f*ck o'meter!
- I don't get why people think he's handsome. He's very ordinary. Guys like him are a dime a dozen in London
Now Jamie Dornan. He's handsome.
- Sorry Tom Hiddleston fangirls - that dude pings. Benedict Cucumber, OTOH, is secure enough in his hyperheterosexuality to make funny remarks on commentary tracks about how he "fancies" Rupert Graves, etc.
- OH MY GOD...
You may not think he's handsome, but damn. This dude is HUNG.
(It's always the tall, skinny ones with so-so faces.)
- If you watch the nude love scene in the Deep Blue Sea, Tom is clearly someone who has had things up his ass. You can just see how focused he is on his hole. Most straight guys are penis focused....Tom is ass focused.
and he got where he is by his "relationship" with Kenneth Brannagh
- Not sure about your assessment R58, but I have to agree with R48 that it was a pretty hammy performance. Playing Loki doesn't require anything more subtle than ham either. Has anybody seen anything that suggests broader acting chops?
- Wasn't he the subject of a recent blind item about a meteorically rising foreign star whose boyfriend put the kibosh on one of his beards?
- Not gay, but straight, and a supporter of gay rights.
He's really a nice man, but comes across as very focused on his work and a real professional. Wish more actors were like him, more grounded and humble.
As for women, yes he does seem to be into curvier women than what your average actor would be into, which is interesting. He was banging Kat Dennings for a while from what I understand.
- hung like a horse=yummy
Prince Hal in The Hollow Crown (Shakespeare). There are lots of great Brit actors, included my beloved Simon Russell Beale as Falstaff.
Tom's gay? I have yet to make up my mind.
- I'm still not sold that Tom is straight. Coming out would be very difficult for him if he wants to keep working for Disney, now that they own Marvel. He was asked once in an interview about his sexuality, and he said he was hetereosexual, but it was a VERY hesitant, awkward response. He was publicly dating Susannah Fielding at the time, so what else was he going to say?
While he looks cozy in older photos with Kat Dennings, there was also a rumor at the time that she was bearding for him during SDCC when those photos were taken. But I don't know anyone who knows her, so it stays rumor.
He is exceedingly polite and very charming in-person. I met him at an Avengers premiere and chatted briefly with him, but he completely jammed my gaydar, which is what made me wonder if he was enjoying men and women.
I find it very surprising that - as talented of an actor as he is - he doesn't have on-screen chemistry with any of his female costars. (For example, the love scene in Deep Blue Sea was like watching paint dry. Even the kissing was boring.)
This Sian Clifford "relationship" makes me wonder even more. She is terribly plain, looks uncomfortable in every photo, and doesn't seem to attempt to wear makeup or dress appropriately for industry events (odd, given the fact that she's supposedly an actress). I have a hunch she is just a long-time friend who's now his assistant since I've not seen any evidence of her being a solidly working actress in London. I saw her standing with the other assistants & publicists at the British Independent Film Awards while Tom was doing interviews (girlfriends NEVER stand behind the line, that's always where the assistants are). I actually felt kind of bad for her since she seemed a bit unsure of herself as to what she should be doing. And, to be frank, she was dressed like a grandmother - baggy black dress, oversized cardigan, hair in a granny bun, no makeup. In my experience, actors who wear Armani don't shag women who are so dowdy. Fact of life.
But one thing I do know is that the people around him must adore him because there is NO dish on this guy. Or maybe he's just too dull. The paps follow Benedict Cumberbatch everywhere, but they don't seem that interested in Tom. Not enough edge to him in real life to hook press interest.
I did hear from a friend of a friend that he really is hung like a horse - verified during a wardrobe malfunction on one of his films. So that's lovely confirmation!
Sorry for the book! That's all I know about him - wish I actually did know more, as he's a curious one.
- Thanks R64. Very interesting "book".
- Finally a thread about him here. About time!
- I don't know.. mostly I think he's straight. He's constantly seen checking out interviewers boobs and ass. He clearly likes curvier women too. That said, R64, I have to agree that he doesn't have much chemistry with women on screen. Either he's a bad actor, or there's a reason he doesn't have much chemistry with them.. like the fact that he's gay. He might be bi. I don't think he's fully gay, since I do think he's genuinely into women, but he might be into men too.. who knows.
And to the posters who said he's a bad actor, I have to disagree. I think he's a very good actor, and he was really good in The Avengers, and especially in Thor. He fleshed out a pretty one dimensional character. Any other actor would have played Loki as a one note, but he gave the character more depth. At least that's my opinion. I actually found Loki much more interesting than Thor, and that's because of Tom's brilliant portrayal of Loki.
- What banana story? Care to elaborate?
- He is the reincarnation of Leslie Howard.
- Was he in War Horse?
- Oh, what kind of wardrobe malfunction?!
- r67 Tom spent his youth in boys' boarding schools. Straight guys raised in all male environments tend not to connect to women quite the same as ones from mixed environments regardless of wanting to fuck them. Who you want to fuck and who you are at ease with and good at dealing with in no way have to be related - lots of times it's the complete opposite.
[quote] At least that's my opinion. I actually found Loki much more interesting than Thor, and that's because of Tom's brilliant portrayal of Loki.
I haven't seen that film, but isn't the Thor character a basic lunkhead good guy while the the Loki character has some darkness and mischief to him like in mythology? That seems like the Loki character would automatically present scene stealing opportunities and would inevitably be more interesting than Thor if Loki was played by anyone at least slightly competent.
- Hung like a horse--yeah!
First time I have ever heard about Kat possibly bearding for Tom, interesting.
I've met him as well, last year at tribeca, very polite, sweet man, didn't really get a ping from him. He kept taking not so subtle glances at my friend's boob-acules while we were chatting. I guess his height gives him an advantage for looking down semi low cut dresses. Perv.
There is dish about him, he likes to have one nighters with models. There'a a story about him banging a woc model, so hot:
I didn’t know fonts on lsa liked him like that i would have spilled this earlier. i didn’t even know who he was when my friend told me about him, she had to show me his picture and frankly i wasn’t impressed lol. my friend is a model, i don’t want to say her name bc she has a bf and he’s kind of crazy lol. she was staying on the same floor where interviews were taking place, and she says that he was waiting for an elevator when she came out of her room and he held it open for her and cracked a joke or something like that and introduced himself and asked her where she’s from (she’s american) and he guessed that she was a model and when she asked him how he knew he said some corny shit like ‘look at you, you’re too gorgeous not to be one’. my friend ate it up and when he asked for her number she gave it to him and she the next day he called her and asked her to go to dinner with him and picked her up in a nice car. she told me the conversation was good and he was really complimentary and his eye contact was sexy. after dinner they went to his house and had sex. she said even though they both knew she was just there to have sex he was really polite and gave her a tour of his house. she said his dick isn’t that big but he knows how to use it and he’s good at eating the box lol. they had sex with the lights on and he kept telling her how incredible her body was. and she told me he wasn’t rude when they were done, he turned on the tv and they watched porn and had sex one more time before falling asleep. In the morning she left and she said she hasn’t been in contact with him since besides a text. my friend is black, she’s half nigerian half african american. she’s gorgeous and stateusque, and not like that awkward, hf, model kind of pretty but classically pretty. she switches up her hair a lot but at the time i remember she had a really curly weave. she has breast implants that she loves to show off so she always gets male attention lol. she’s really young, early 20s but looks and acts older. she said tom didn’t ask how old she was once.
Could you elaborate on Tom's wardrobe malfunction? Huge one?
- R64 checking in!
The wardrobe malfunction was a towel drop during the sauna scene in The Hollow Crown. My source told me he wasn't at all embarrassed about it. (Of course, actors tend not to be shy in that regard.)
I honestly think Tom is rather impressed with himself, but he's a gentleman about it.(Except when he's looking down dresses, it seems.) That said, I think he'd do well to edge-up a little. Or at least bring a hot date to events for the papers to talk about. He risks being forgettable to the public when he's not yet established as a marketable actor outside the Marvel franchise. The frenzy of his fans is really out of proportion to his industry standing. I've seen talk on other sites with fans believing that Tom making a (hetero) relationship public could somehow harm his career. But, in fact, the converse is true 99% of the time.
- Mainly responding to R64 since I could have written that post myself. I'm actually a little freaked out because my friend and I have mentioned pretty much everything you've said word for word and I'm wondering if I know you!
My friend and I met Tom at a private industry reception last year which was attended by some VERY senior people and it was fascinating to watch how he behaves around industry bigwigs. Everyone who meets him says how lovely and super polite he is, well he was definitely on his best behaviour that night. There was no hint of any of the fooling/joking around that the fans love him for - he had his most intense concentration face on as he talked to various people, nodding in agreement a lot and seeming quite restrained.
His publicist Luke was also there (who I believe is gay?) and hung around for a bit but then left quite early. When Luke went to say goodbye to Tom, he reached up with his arms to put around Tom's neck in quite a needy way, as if to say 'HUG ME'! Tom responded by wrapping his arms around Luke's waist and I'm not kidding - they embraced for several seconds, and definitely longer than you would expect for a goodbye embrace, especially two men. Tom even closed his eyes during the hug - I felt as if I was witnessing a really deep moment. I was stood not far behind Luke at the time, so when Tom opened his eyes and began to break the hug, he stared straight at me and I'm pretty sure I gave him a knowing wink of 'you two need to get a room' kind of look. I would not be surprised if Luke has a crush on Tom.
So eventually my friend and I got to chat to him and he really was lovely. Utterly polite and everything, but then he would be at an industry thing. He didn't ask what we did - for all he knew, we could have been the next big writer/producer/director, so he was very charming.
As far as sexuality goes, I think he is possibly gay or at least bisexual. He comes across as someone very emotionally intense and I can imagine him finding people very attractive and falling in love with them regardless of their gender. I do find it funny to read female fans saying he can't be gay because he's had girlfriends - like that means anything at all! My first serious boyfriend later came out as gay and we did have a good relationship while it lasted, not to mention an amazing sex life. I can definitely imagine Tom coming out to himself later in life (one of my close male friends has only recently told me he is bisexual at the age of 38, and I've known him for more than 10 years).
And yes, him being seen with Sian Clifford definitely makes me think he is not straight. He is very confident and sure of himself, seems to spend a lot of time on his image and wears designer clothing - there is no way he would date someone so plain who makes no effort at all with her appearance. She looks like she just got out of bed, threw some baggy clothes on and barely managed to pull a brush through her hair. Image is everything in the acting profession and she is just dreadful. If she was riding his monster cock all the time, she'd have a massive grin on her face, yet looks so miserable in most of the photos with him. He also seems to have so much more chemistry with men in photos and interviews. There was a photo I saw recently of Tom with Nicholas Hoult at some fashion party and it pinged my gaydar off the scale.
As R64 pointed out - he's kind of trapped now he's in the Marvel franchise. He's also said he wants to do the new Star Wars movie (Disney), and they aren't going to employ an openly gay actor.
Never mind - I fantasise lots about him having hot gay sex with other delicious actors and I really hope he is doing this in real life!
Sorry for essay - hope that's a useful contribution!
- [quote] He comes across as someone very emotionally intense and I can imagine him finding people very attractive and falling in love with them regardless of their gender.
I could tell you were a woman when I read that. That's not actually the way men work outside of slash fiction.
[quote] there is no way he would date someone so plain who makes no effort at all with her appearance. ...If she was riding his monster cock all the time, she'd have a massive grin on her face, yet looks so miserable in most of the photos with him.
She's prettier than the average non-celebrity woman. She's groomed OK, nicely dressed in a modest low key way and smiling in the photos I've seen of them out together. Maybe she looks depressed when she sees his online fangirl army shitting on her appearance, though. She looks as though she might have some brains and sophistication which is handy if you are a career minded guy using events to network and/or an intelligent person who wants to have a decent conversation with someone you are going to hang around with outside of bed.
He can be charming, but physically he's got a fairly common looking face and not especially good body himself.
- Isn't she married to someone else?
- Thor to Loki:
"Some do battle. Others just do tricks."
- Tom is reportedly dating Jessica Chastain. I'd say that's NOT gay.
- R82 - Didn't some source close to her just deny this is true?
And isn't there a thread here questioning whether or not she is in the closet as well?
It stinks of a PR play.
The gay publicist relationship is a question mark. As is that photo of Hiddleston in the car the night of the Glamour awards with another pingy-looking fellow. And his interview comments said same night about him "questioning" his masculinity, because he feels he "always falls short."
Anyone out here know him or Chastain? Is this rumor just awards-season PR buzz, or have they been seen together?
- Oooo...someone else noticed the pingy guy in the car. That same guy was also at the BIFA awards with Tom and Sian and I've seen a pic of Tom with him (dressed like a hobo) at a completely separate event. Who IS that guy???? Oh and that photo of Tom with Douglas Booth (who shares Luke as a publicist) that's floating around on tumble is the one that causes my gaydar to jam up and practically catch fire. I'm going with GAY.
- Although I think he pings as well, the other guy is probably just his assistant/publicist rep.
- Luke is his publicist.
If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, evidence leans towards boyfriend.
Totally buy that out of work Sian is the assistant who doubles as party date when necessary.
R84, would love some photo links Mr. Pingyfriend, if you've got them.
Is this the guy?
- That's him! I just searched the first twenty pages of tortilla.tumblr.com and I can't find the pics I'm thinking of...it may have been the Life of Pi premeire instead of the bifa awards, but I remember when I saw it I wondered why the fangirls haven't researched his identity. They certainly go to great lengths to find out everything about everyone else Tom comes close to.
- That should have been torrilla.tumblr.com. Damn autocorrect.
- We should get some more clues at the upcoming BAFTAS.
[quote could tell you were a woman when I read that. That's not actually the way men work outside of slash fiction.]
It might not be how "men" work, R79 but it's how many actors work. I used to be actress and I've been around many male actors. They are often bisexual or at least open to the possibility. These goes double for the morpher type of actors. They don't even have a solid identity most of the time because they are so used to becoming other people. In my experience, these guys will get drunk and get down with anybody if they are in the mood. I think it has more to do with needing a constant pressure release. And yes, young actors are intensity junkies.
I have no idea if Tom Hiddleston is gay or straight. English people are confusing in this way. By American behavioral standards, you would think most of the country is gay, what with all the charming, witty men and the plain, no fuss women. (It's a class thing in England. The real upper class women aren't supposed to show much vanity because it's beneath them. They are supposed to look like they'd rather be stomping around in their Wellies with their dogs. The upper class men tend to be the peacocks) I live here and my signals are always confused.
- I think Tom is straight (which saddens me to say, because I like him a lot). That said.. you never know when it comes to actors. Maybe he does like men too, but I don't think he's gay, at the most bi. He definitely likes women and are often seen checking them out. My money is on straight, with the slight possibility that he might be bisexual.
- I though it was confirmed that Sian was just a friend? He probably brought her around to get her more acting jobs.
His relationship with Susannah Fielding was real, because they are both too unknown to stage a PR relationship for people to get excited over. I know that there was a picture of them together on "The Avengers" set, and another one of them watching a tennis match around that time frame in NYC (posted on her now deleted twitter account). But in my honest opinion, I don't think they were together for that long. I think they were friends who hooked up and decided to give dating a try. I think his jump to the American silver screen is what ultimately killed their fling.
Also, I feel like Luke plays a big role in this. He represents both of them, but I don't think he works with her anymore. I can't shake the feeling that Luke might have been sabotaging their relationship. I feel that is is too clingy to Tom. I think he might have a crush on him, despite the fact that he has a serious boyfriend.
I'm going to jump on this "Tom is straight" train. He could possible be bi, but he will ultimately end up with a woman. Just as long as he can pull Luke out of his ass and establish boundaries.
Sorry for this novel, but these are just my observations.
- Sometimes I wonder if Tom is bi and having a relationship with Luke. I see some 'chemistry' between them and the sense I get is that Tom is not as into Luke as Luke is into Tom. I think they make a cute couple (if that indeed is the case). Of course, I could be wrong.
Tom seems to be the 'it' man now and most actors when they first become famous start dating some A list actresses. None of that with Tom. This is just an observation of mine.
- R91 I totally agree with you
- please show me evidence--any kind-- that he's "horse hung!!" I've clicked every link on this thread and I don't see one pic/video showing he's "horse hung!"
- if you go to tumblr and search loki's monster crotch, there are all kinds of pics that seem to support the idea the guy is hung. There are some of him in a gray suit where he is walking and it just looks like the whole package is huge.
There is also a film he made a few years ago called unrelated, and in one scene he is in shorts, in a some sort of muddy water. He is jumping up and down, and based on the movement in the shorts, he looks pretty generously sized.
- Bulge bump
- Luke, the pr guy has a boyfriend, the crazy fangirls who are always crawling up Luke's ass whenever he tweets know who he is.
As for Tom, in videos he's always flirting or giving boob checks, and isn't subtle about it either. Borderline creepy perv.
- Wasn't he the subject of a blind item involving a rising star who has to keep his love life on the down low because he's a chubby chaser and that could hurt his image?
- The BAFTA film awards at the end of February.
Thanks to the fangirls, he was pictured getting out of his car with his fly open and some serious cock action going on.
He went with Luke of course, and I would love to know what was going on in that car. What kind of publicist lets his client arrive at a major awards ceremony like that?
- He's very cute to me.
- Hiddleston said he's "maybe heterosexual" in this interview (1:18). Soooo...non-committal then!
- Ok that pic with the fly down, Good lord, Huge!!
Wonder if he was fluffed up or that is just how it hangs all the time. No wonder he sits and stands with his legs as far apart as possible, the thing must get in the way.
- He's a cute man, my GAWD!
[quote]I would love to know what was going on in that car
A further clue R100 may be found on Tom's shiny black shoe as seen in the big BAFTA picture. Careless certainly, impressive perhaps.
- [quote]As for Tom, in videos he's always flirting or giving boob checks, and isn't subtle about it either. Borderline creepy perv.
Are you serious? That reads more like hopelessly trying to seem straight to me.
- That BAFTA pic is just sad. Fly open, semen on his shoe...what a creep.
- I think it's a raindrop. It was raining/snowing that night. I only hope it is that. I don't see any other 'stains'..eww..Man, he has got some big feets.
- Is that sperm blob for real on his shoe, or just photoshopped?
- That's one huge, milky raindrop.
- Bulge bump.
- He needs to fire his publicist. (Even if his publicist was the one responsible for his open fly, half-erect condition.) Who the &%@# lets their client get out of a car at the BAFTAs like that? He's lucky nobody cares who he is, or that photo would have been all over the Daily Mail. That said, I do think the blob on his shoe is sleet on the camera lens. There are similar blobs higher up in the frame.
I think this guy is much more pervy than his uber polite public persona dictates. And not in a good way. Does he have to wank off before every public appearance or something? There's just no excuse for showing up at a high-profile event looking like you've just been interrupted in a toilet stall.
- Wow some pretty harsh things to say about a fairly minor thing, an open fly. Like none of us have ever had that happen? He might have made a mad dash to the loo just before getting into the car. Not everything has to mean something. The shoe thing looks like reflection from the lens or water or snow. It is too perfectly round to be semen.
He checks out T&A when he thinks no one is looking. As soon as he becomes aware of the camera, he stops. So I think he def likes to look at the ladies. I guess that doesn't mean he is full on straight, of course. My gay bestie is obsessed with breasts. Michael K from dlisted is into boobs as well.
But I think TH is unlikely to be full on gay either. I lean towards straight, but open, or pansexual.
I can't hate on the guy, he does great impressions, seems genuine in his 'zest' for life, and he recently did a really cool trip to Africa for Unicef and wrote some great blogs about the trip. Seems like a nice guy. True he probably has some kinks, but that doesn't mean he isn't a nice guy too.
- There is no proof he was slapping the salami or got sucked off in the car before the Baftas. Maybe it happened maybe it didn't. I think it is hilarious that his fly was open. I noticed in the subsequent photos his fly was up. Anyway, who cares? This is nothing compared to Angelina Jolie saying she and Billy Bob Thorton had sex in the limo before a movie premiere..
- Wow, r100, talk about "Major Tom". Still, it is not Jon Hamm huge but it is impressive.
- Bulge bump
- [quote]He checks out T&A when he thinks no one is looking.
- "I find Loki to be a very sexually charged character in The Avengers (especiallly love the scene in Stuttgart where he walks down the steps in the D&G suit), but my f"""
STUTTGART!!!! LOL Those stairs are in the Cuyahova County Courthouse in Cleveland Ohio. Coem to Cleveland OP and I'll take you there.
- I hate the scene, because it is so obviously not filmed on location and the only reason the scene is supposed to take place in Germany is for the old Jew who stands up against Loki to have a bigger impact.
That would be public square in front of terminal tower in Cleveland Ohio. They had to film there be ause there are no old Jews left in Stuttgart. We got lots of em in Cleveland. Hitler never made it to Ohio.
just check out some of his interviews on youtube. You can see him take glances of the women.
This doesn't mean he is or isn't gay. Just saying he seems to enjoy looking.
- Get the impression that a few of the most recent responses are from fangirls protecting their sacred cow.
I don't really care how much of a 'nice' guy he might be. As it says right at the top, this place is for gossip and "pointless bitchery" and I rather enjoy that.
Susannah Fielding was curvy, Kat Dennings' weight goes up and down, but during Thor, she was thinner than she is on that terrible TV show. But definitely is a curvy girl. Sian Clifford, if she is or was a GF has some decent curves too, but I don't think any of these women would be considered chubby or fat in anywhere, other than Hollyweird. In Hollywood, anyone bigger than a size 2 or 4 is considered big and they are bullied into losing weight. Tom has been seen with women who are probably more in the size 6-8 range, which is still pretty slender. Dennings might approach 10-12, but her tits are so big, it is hard to say as they sort of take over her body.
At any rate, even a size 10 does not equate fat or chubby to most people.
Tom, himself, though is quite thin, and could do with about another 10 pounds imo. He was a bit heavier when he was in Wallander and looked good. He also apparently put on 25 pounds when auditioning for Thor. Branagh wasn't sure if he wanted him for Thor or Loki, so they had him add some bulk for Thor. Eventually they told him he was going to play Loki, and so after working hard to put on the 25 pounds of muscle, he had to drop it again pretty quickly to play the leaner Loki.
I wish I could find some pics of him bulked up while testing for Thor. I think he would look hot with some more mass.
- And I'm saying, r120, that it's probably all for show.
- @121, why do you get that impression? No one has come on here insisting he is a straight ladies man, and the general consensus is he seems to be a decent chap.
I think he likes to look at the ladies, but I doubt that confirms his sexuality either way.
What impresses me most about him, other than the trouser snake, is he is actually a really good actor. War Horse, Thor/Avengers, Henry V, and he was on some BBC shows that show off his talent.
What I don't like: He seems a little bit too eager to please and I think he panders to the fans a bit much. That will eventually bite him in the ass as they are mostly nutjobs who have no sense of boundaries, or they are a fickle bunch who will drop him like a hot potato with the next vaguely hot/fem British guy who comes along.
- Just saw The Deep Blue Sea....wow he is really over the top in that. Hammy and stiff.
- I didn't think he was hammy in that. I just thought the rest of the movie was so slow, so inactive that even a little bit of animation in the actor's face or line delivery stood out.
I love Rachel Weisz, but the movie wasn't even worth it to watch her. Dull dull dull
- @122, there's a movie he did called Return to Cranford, filmed while he was bulking up for his screen test for Thor. The added weight is noticeable and it suits him.
Still think the Sian Clifford thing is iffy, the woman has a face like a frog and the personality of a haus-frau. Would not want to come across her in a dark alley or even a well lit one. If he got his dick wet with that, it's a pity.
@121, I don't see any haus-fraus on here fluffing up the het angle (so he loves tits, makes no excuses about it when he's looking at women in interviews, might mean nothing, could mean something who knows) for their sacred cow, if anything the Tom fangirls are looking for evidence that he's into the sausage.
- I'm a fangirl and sometimes I wonder if he is into sausage. I am leaning on the bi-angle. I really suspect he and Luke have something going on.
- I definitely think Hiddleston is straight. He needs to tone down the 'Disney prince' and fan pandering, though. It's going to bite him in the ass when his PR isn't around. He's made it so he can't get caught making a mistake; it'll wreck the image he's worked so hard to build. That's also why he always has Luke with him, I'd wager.
Cumberbatch doesn't bother me, but I've met him. Very nice but rather shy/introverted. He's apologized and been referencing his privilege and luck as an actor left and right over the last year, which is all I ask for. We all fuck up, just try not to repeat the mistakes, which is what he's been doing as far as I can tell.
- I love how nice he is to his fans. The one thing I am concerned about are the crazies and stalkers. I am sure he has his share. He just needs to be careful of that, that's all.
- Aren't the vast majority of actors 'nice' to their fans - goes with the job surely? They're taught to do this by their management - you don't bite the hand that feeds you.
I think Hiddleston needs to be careful here - some fan stories and pictures emerging on Tumblr and Twitter yesterday from young girls who waited for him outside the South Bank awards. I can't help feeling a bit icky that he is giving full body hugs to impressionable school girls half his age, then signing autographs off with 'lots of Loki love'.
The thought of properly hugging people I have never met before in my life just strikes me as odd and I can't believe fans have the nerve to ask. He's breeding a monster here because fans have come to expect it.
- For R129, is Benedict as unearthly beautiful in person as he is on film? I know he has a very polarizing look (love it or hate it) and I'm just curious to know how it translates in person.
- [quote]is Benedict as unearthly beautiful in person as he is on film?
- And lovely Tom, at the same event as Benedict above...
(They seem to be friends. Fans tweeted pics of them together at a Sigur Ros concert a few days ago. I know they were in War Horse together, but it also seems the UK industry is fairly tight at the top.)
- R133, Benedict has described his own look as "posh alien", so I think it fits. (Though your OTT characterization is probably warranted.)
- @R132: You know, I didn't really know who Cumberbatch was until after I met him lol. I was dragged to a charity event in the fall, happened to be by where he was and started talking to him because I was bored. I thought he was really nice-looking in person. Super pretty eyes, good complexion. I thought he was younger than he turned out to be. Very sweet guy, so I looked him up later. Some of the other celebrities there were pretty damn awful.
@R131: Holy crap I'm not the only one who thinks Hiddleston is a little over-the-top with the younger girls?
Yeah, I've seen a ton of fan-sneaked photos of Hiddleston and Cumberbatch together at restaurants and stuff, so I'd definitely guess they're friends.
People need to stop talking photos of those two when they're not looking though. It's kinda stalky.
- r31, I could never ask Tom for a hug, I don't have the courage but I sure as hell would love to have one from him. I do think it is cute he gives hugs to girls and signs autographs with "Lot's of Loki love'. He just needs to be careful of the crazies. It only takes one nutjob to ruin it for the rest of us.
- Nice package and check out dem feets. HUGE. Y'all know what that means.
- There are a ton of pictures on that tumblr that show the guy is hung. Seems to like to hang to the left, but sometimes to the right.
He seems like a nice guy, but he needs to dial down the smiles. Goofy looking smile, much better looking when he is looking more serious.
He has an interesting face. Sometimes he is almost repulsive looking to me, and sometimes he looks very hot and sexy.
Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry had to make sure his girlfriend was sitting at certain angles from him or she would go from beautiful to hideous. funny ep
- I agree that Tom's toothy smile is horrible in pics. If you look at the video, it's not nearly as bad in motion as it is when photographed. Seriously, I think its bad enough to give casting people pause. Just altogether not a good look.
Benedict, on the other hand...unf. Somebody needs to start a new Benedict thread. Please.
- Tom during his bulked up phase.
- Even as slim as he is now, he has a nice ass. If you spend any time on Tumblr, you can find some great shots of his nice firm butt.
I like him a lot as an actor and he is funny in interviews. Watch him doing a radio show called the Whollywood shuffle or something like that. he was on it twice, but the first one is the funniest.
He would be so much better looking if he had stayed a bit more buff like he was in those clips.
Apparently he is a hardcore runner, and that extra weight he put on during the Thor auditions was probably hard on his running.
- Shirt open, curly hair. What's not to love?
- I think he looks better with more weight on but I think he is just naturally thin. I watched some movies he made a few years back and he was so skinny.
- He is just gorgeous. Yum!
- Nice ass.
- He seems a genuine guy that respects his fans.
(not one that interacts with them only when he has something to sell or promote like certain bastards do)
- He carries a man purse?
- Has he done any other nude scenes besides Deep Blue Sea?
- the man purse was "Swag" from the fashion show. There are other pics from that event that show him holding it up the way celebs do when they get Swag.
- Can you just imagine Daniel Day-Lewis in the celeb swag line?
- no, probably not. But DDL is known to be rather reclusive and anti-social. I don't think he goes to any big events other than the major award shows.
I think Swag is stupid. The people who get the swag are usually the only ones who can actually afford to spend real money on most of that shit. It pretty much offends me.
I have heard of some actors who donate their swag to a website that then sells it and gives the money to a shelter or a food bank. Not sure if that is still happening or not, but it is a nice idea. I have heard about some swag gifts that are worth a ton of money.
- DDL's presumed antisocial nature is not what keeps him out of the swag line, methinks.
- yeah, probably true.
I think the whole celeb-fashion show appearance, + the swag is all rather douchey, but a man's gotta eat, and it seems like for most celebs, actors, doing those things is de rigueur.
Not everyone is going to be like DDL. But I don't remember much about his early career so I don't know if went through the whole phase of showing up for the opening of an envelope or not.
- you have to pay ntaxes on swag in the us nowadays...some people don't take it because you get a lot of junk you don't really want and it actually casts you money.
DDL was always secretive....he never went to red carpet type stuff.
- Lots of great new pics and interviews with TH on Torilla's tumblr.
His hair is to short, but he seems like a pretty genuinely nice guy.
- Sidebar: I simply don't understand how these actors, with their careers and film/stage commitments and award shows and interviews, etc. etc., find the time to "date" and/or have one-night stands with anyone! Methinks so much of it is hyperbole and PR.
- I gotta say, there is something about that man that makes you want to lay about naked in bed with him for the entire day on a dreary Saturday and then next run off with him on Sunday to help save children being massacred in Syria. The oozing of sexiness combined with what I believe is a truly empathetic spirit is so staggeringly hot I can't fucking stand it.
I'll Mary! myself.
- [quote]He's easily one of the most inspirational actors this decade.
[quote]The oozing of sexiness combined with what I believe is a truly empathetic spirit
You are projecting WAY too much onto him.
- No way, R160, if anything you can dispute his "sexiness" over his "empathetic spirit." The man is walking UNICEF advert if you take a look at his Twitter-- he is constantly in some shitbox country while we sit in our warm homes discussing his dick on DL.
- God, he's so ugly I can't believe he's inspired all the admiration on this thread.
- [quote]while we sit in our warm homes discussing his dick on DL.
What you mean "we," fangurl?
- "The thing about Bobby Sherman is that he really cares about the environment!"
-- Michelle Williams in DICK, sounding just like the nutty fangurl on this thread
- I just spent the afternoon watching The Thin Man, with William Powell and Myrna Loy. Watching it, I was struck that Powell was not really at handsome, but yet he definitely had something attractive about him.
That is how I view Hiddleston. He has a kind of retro attractiveness, that would have fit in very well in the 1940's.
I first noticed him as F Scott Fitzgerald in Midnight in Paris. It wasn't a huge part, but he caught my eye. (He really looked like Fitzgerald too, take a second and google him).
Then I saw him in Thor, He was great as Loki and hot with that dark hair. He didn't look as good in Avengers, though I enjoyed the movie more than Thor, which except for Tom, I thought was kind of a bore.
I think Hiddleston seems like a nice guy.
For those of you who think he is fug, don't worry, he seems to have plenty below the waste that you can focus on if his face doesn't do it for you.
- [quote]he seems to have plenty below the waste
- Tom has that quality (like the say about Bill Clinton) where when he talks to you you feel like you are the only person in the world. (at least that is how he was pre-fame) I think he is still kind of like that from interviews and stuff I've seen.
- "We," dear Tonto, yes. I don't see you over on the "WEHT acne" or "Betty Broderick" postings, so I'll gather you're here to discuss the presumed luscious cockage. Unless, you, um, follow his humanitarian missions...
- Tom and his publicist (boyfriend?) in Africa.
I mean, do publicist usually go on these "charity" trips? Seems weird to me.
- They make a cute couple.
- Luke is a lucky man!
- Luke came along for the Unicef trip because it was a publicity trip. These charity organizations ask various celebs to go on these trips to bring awareness to their cause. This works in both parties favor though. The celeb gets good publicity and the organization gets a lot of donations from the celeb's fans.
I'm not saying Tom is a publicity hound, but Luke won't let an opportunity to showcase Tom pass him. Homeboy is thirsty as fuck.
Side note: Luke has a serious boyfriend and it isn't Tom.
- Luke is creepily everywhere for someone not dating Tom.
Tom seems precious and sweet, but boy goes to the opening of an envelope. And Luke is always there to tie his shoes. WTF?
Who is Luke's boyfriend who is not Tom?
- I like him, but I want to feed him some sandwiches. He looks a little too skinny.
- Anyone actually work with him?
I'm hearing rumors about strange behavior on the set of Thor 2.
He is looking a little thin and run down. Is he a chain smoker or a drug user?
- R175...Do tell!!! I'd love to hear what rumors you've heard. I watch Tom much too closely (I admit it), and I noticed some things that didn't add up or weren't typical of Tom back during the fall (September/October).
- Ooohhh, Dish on the rumors from the Thor 2 set? I have never heard a bad word about him. I would be surprised if he smokes as he is an avid runner. Don't know about drugs, but no rumors that I know of. The only thing I have ever heard him say about bad habits is in one interview he jokes about how he toyed with the idea of giving up drinking, but then realized that was bad idea. He didn't say it in a way that sounded like he had a problem with it, just making a joke. He was speaking at an event that was sponsored by Jameson's Irish Whiskey at the time so that was the context.
- Wanted to add: I'm also concerned that his only upcoming project is a bit part in the Muppets sequel. Frankly, I wonder if his massive 2010-2012 run just got the better of him. He is only human after all.
- I wonder how it works when an actor gets involved in a franchise? Do they have to agree to set aside time for upcoming films and then possibly miss other opportunities?
I mean, he just wrapped Thor 2, and though no one will say for sure, it seems like he could be in Avengers 2. So does he have to just sit and wait as the have an option on his time, or can he go ahead and get other jobs in the meantime?
Anyway, I have heard him say he was hoping to return to theater now and then too as it is his first love, so maybe he is doing some work on that. He also seems to be very active on the appearance/PR trail, which would make me crazy if I were in the business. Seems like he could be a little less eager to be at every single event that is related to the entertainment industry.
He also has said in a recent interview how much the trip to Africa affected him. I have had friends who spent time in Haiti and came back really transformed by the experience. It really made the question things, and they struggled with it for a while. Maybe living in a world of excess is harder to take after seeing such harsh poverty.
- [quote]Maybe living in a world of excess is harder to take after seeing such harsh poverty.
Didn't seem to affect Madge. It might just be for publicity or ego aggrandizement.
- Madge's ego is unparalleled. I don't tom has reached that level yet.
I just think the man needs to eat little bit more and go on the down low every once in awhile. He will risk a backlash from his crazy fans if he doesn't stay out of the limelight once in awhile. They already are analyzing his recent pictures because he wasn't smiling in every single picture, or because he only stopped to pose for 100 fans, not 101 fans.
The guy has been too good to his fans, to open and it will bite him in the ass, and not in a good way.
- There was a bizarre comment about him being "batshit crazy" on set (ONTD), which seems uncharacteristic, but I'm still intrigued enough to want details. Gotta love a crazy bitch.
There was also a comment about him "overcompensating," which I didn't understand. Was hoping someone in the industry could chime in with the inside scoop?
WRT smoking, the running thing is surprisingly irrelevant. I have two friends here in the Bay Area who road race and love to cap off a good training session with a cigarette. It's "the best" or something.
RADA classmate, was he a smoker back then?
- Re: Tom's plans. Last I read his kitchen table is piled with plays of every genre. The stage is gagging, and awaits his choice. And sold-out notices.
The same piece told us he got a double first in Classics at Cambridge, so he's fuck-off clever. Could've done anything, world at his big feet, etcetera. Intriguing man.
- R182, I found the rumor you were talking about. It sounds like Tom is neurotic and insecure (and was possibly on something at the time, given the incessant, incoherent babbling description). A lot of really smart people who are also insecure have a tendency to "overcompensate" in conversations...it basically means they make a lot of effort to be sure you know just how smart they are. Of course, sometimes such perceptions are just a reflection of jealousy on the part of the hearer, but I can believe in toms case its probably a little of both.
My own observations were around the same time (October). Tom lost a TON of weight over the summer for the jarmusch film, then he came back to London and pretty soon after started on Thor. Some of his Twitter postings around that time ranged from bizarre to incredibly morose...all uncharctetistic. He also had this very weird bloated look at a couple of appearances...like he came home from the jarmusch shoot and cleaned out 3 bakeries. All that put together makes me think that drugs *may* have been involved during the jarmusch shoot. Just a theory.
I'll just add that it's really cringe-worthy how intimate he acts with his fans (and this from someone who loves him). I honestly wouldn't be surprised to discover that he trawls twitter for hook-UPS.
- Nice write-up at link.
- R182, Can you post the link where you read that rumor?
I am not questioning what you wrote, but I have just never ever seen anyone from a movie set, or a co-star have anything but great things to say about Tom. Hemsworth has repeatedly said how great he is and how well they work together.
I also wondered if you could post a link to any pictures where he looked Bloated. I have never seen anything like that. When he was younger he had more baby fat in his face, but I haven't seen him looking bloated that I can recall.
I knew he had lost weight for a film, and I think it aged him as his face is already quite lean and angular.
I think the whole PR side of the business sucks. Making endless appearances, having to attend things alone or with just their "handler". Having to smile, pose for tons of pictures, etc. Actors have be out there, being seen, etc. Most of what Tom has been seen at lately have been things where he is presenting something, where he has been honored, or otherwise involved in something.
Most actors do these kinds of things. Some act above it all, detached or with barely concealed disdain.
I look at someone like Alexander Skarsgard, who makes lots of appearances, is on the covers of magazines, does the Calvin Klein ads, etc. He is known to be very nice with his fans, but detached or annoyed acting with the Paps. Yet, Jared Eng is a buddy of his. Skarsgard can give off that hipster, I am too cool for school kind of vibe with the PR and Fame thing.
Tom seems to be taking the attitude of just going with it. In other words he could act prissy and resent it, or he can act like he doesn't really care, meanwhile still showing up and signing for big promotional contracts, or he can just be his enthusiastic self and enjoy the ride.
I am not saying one way to cope is better than the the other. I think basically most younger, modern actors have to play the game to some extent. And they might might have stylistic differences in how they manage it
Sorry so wordy
- I'd agree Tom seems nervous a lot of the time...pleasant guy who wants to be liked was always my impression. Don't think he was a smoker. Can't really remember.
- r182 + r175 here.
The rumor is here, in the comments section about 2/3 way down the page.
The bloating comment was not from me, that was r184
I too have heard nothing but good things prior to this, which is why I said it was uncharacteristic, and put it out there to hopefully get some insider explanation.
- Thanks for posting that link. I was thinking it was from a story or something, but it looks like it was just one of those "a friend told me..."
Not saying it isn't true, just that as we all know, we could all have these anonymous friends who tell us all kinds of things that don't really amount to anything factual.
I could see him being a talker and even rambling. I don't think he is incoherent but I think he is one of those people whose brains work faster than their mouths and they are hard to follow. My co-worker is like that. He is probably at a genius level IQ, but he can get caught in these loops of thought that most average people just don't follow easily, at first. I am used to him know but it took me forever to figure out where he was going with the thread of a conversation.
Oh, I guess it stands to figure that something negative was going to turn up on this guy.
Despite the nerdiness, the overachiever vibe he gives off, I there is something about him I find likeable. I am not sure I even think he is all that hot, though sometimes he can look really good, and other times he doesn't
- I think he is insecure but aren't ALL actors insecure? I think he just wants to please people, wants to be liked, etc. Seems like an very nice guy.
- Batshit insane? Well, in this video he is but it hilarious. He had to be on something to do this.
- that video is part of a running joke that he has with that guy from MTV. Shows he is a good sport, I guess, but a doofus
- I love that video. I am shocked that he was able to jump up onto that counter wearing cowboy boots.
- actually he is fairly athletic and graceful. There is a clip on youtube of him doing a cartwheel that is cute and some others of him dancing. He has the kind of long, lean, runner's athleticism, not the big bulky muscular type.
- Does anyone know what went on with him and Gwendoline Christie (Brienne from "Game of Thrones")? Did they date or were they just hooking up?
I heard he also hooked up with Carey Mulligan back in the day. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Thanks!
- He never seems to have real dates....just PR rumors.
- @195, he was in a full fledged relationship with Gwen Christie when they were doing a play together and she used to write naughty things on his MySpace wall. As for the other actress you mentioned I have only seen one pic of Tom with his face up against her cheek, don't know if they dated or not.
- I was reading through the posted Myspace chat and saw something that might support the gay/bisexual arguement: In the third post up from the bottom, Gwen asks Tom if he had "seen E.M.'s willy yet?"
- In regards to the last post, I know one comment asking if you've seen a dude's willy isn't earth-shattering evidence, I just found it curious, that's all.
Anyhow, he seems nice enough, but he doesn't really seem to have boundaries set up and some of the fans take advantage of that.
- there are several pics of him with his ex GF, Susannah Fielding, I think is her name.
I stumbled upon a cute clip of them together. He was getting ready to walk the red carpet for something, and they were sort of queued up waiting for his turn to walk. Just before he goes to do his walk, he stops and kisses her on the forehead. (She is much shorter), and they hug briefly.
It looks genuine, cute, and like a real bf/gf thing.
Could be staged, but the way it is filmed it seems like they weren't aware of being filmed. It is dark where they are standing and they seem unaware of a camera. He looks a little nervous and she seems like the dutiful who is there to support her man. Not sure what the event was for, if it was part of the Thor stuff, or something else. But based on that clip, I think they were a real couple.
I could see him as bi, or just open, but I do think he has dated/dates women as well.
- if you go to Youtube and search Tom Hiddleston and Susannah Fielding at BFI, you can see the clip.
She looks nice. Not really beautiful but cute in that sort of perky "That Girl" kind of way. You don't see much of him as his back is to the camera. She doesn't walk the red carpet with him and steps off to the side when he walks out.
I think that is cool, as it seems like it was his event and she wasn't trying to ride coattails in order to get some press.
- @198, E.M. is Ewan McGregor. He and Tom were doing a stage production of "Othello" at the time. Gwen was just being cheeky about all of the full frontal nudity Ewan does.
- r202 put an r in front of posts instead of @...it will help people to know whom you are referring to
I was reading one of his interviews and he said that Tony Hopkins once called him camp after a shoot.
- Camp? Acting wise?
- I'll try to find it, can't really remember what exactly it was.
- Tom Hiddleston: "We were walking down towards the casket and he said, 'Can I tell you something, Tom?' and I went, 'Absolutely. Say it up straight. Tell me, tell me anything.' And he said, 'You’re doing this very strange thing with your wrists.' 'Oh, my god, what am I doing?' And he said, “You’re just...it looks a little bit camp. Maybe you can butch it up a bit.'”
Chris Hemsworth: [Laughing] "And he said, 'Isn’t he, Chris, don’t you think?'
That's the bit from the interview.
- I know nothing about acting, but when you are playing a supervillain wearing horns, dressed in green leather, in comic book/mytholgy based film by a director who is trying to insert shakesepearan heft to the comic book based movie genre, playing "camp" might be hard to avoid.
I think it shows good spirit and humility to tell the story as no one would have had to know about it otherwise.
I think Tom can be a bit on the cheesy side, but I do believe he takes his 'craft' very seriously and sharing that story is about him learning from a master like Anthony Hopkins.
- Hey, are there any people on here who know Tom, or associate with the London acting scene? Tom is looking very very thin lately, to point where I wonder if he has an eating disorder. I am just wondering if he is a) prepping for a stage or film role or b) the stress of fame and showing up to every flipping event is getting to him, or c) he has an eating disorder
- I have to agree with everyone who said that he was terrible in The Deep Blue Sea. Downright amateurish in comparison to the divine Weisz and Beale. I thought he was good in Thor and awful in The Avengers. He didn't make any impression on me in MiP or War Horse.
TBH, he's like the budget version of Michael Fassbender. Not as dangerous or charismatic.
Ha! Thanks for the clarification. Gwen seems hilarious and if Ewan did show his willy to Tom then bravo!
- He is going to get even thinner, r209. He is now taking part of this "Live below the line" which is something that simulates what is like to live below the poverty line and eating as such. At least the food he is eating is healthy.
I don't think he has an eating disorder. He is just a naturally thin guy but I think he looks much better with more meat on his bones.
- There are pics of him as teen and he was more filled out. Not fat, but definitely had some weight on him. As an adult he has always been pretty lean, but did buff up a bit to test for Thor.
He is leaner now than I have ever seen him and I think he looks terrible. He isn't a classically handsome guy anyway. He is more attractive as a whole package as he has some charisma that shows through. But as thin as he is he is starting to look like a caricature of himself. His already angular face is exaggerated, his nose is taking over his face and his legs, which always appealed to me, cause I like the long lean look, really look pencil legs.
I hope he doesn't lose anymore doing that Below the line thing for Unicef.
I think he has gotten thinner since he returned from his trip to Africa, maybe he is having a reaction to see such poverty and malnutrition and feels too guilty to eat
- He's an obsessive about running and in one of his earlier films he was as thin as he is now. This UNICEF thing he is doing where he is eating £1 worth of food a day certainly won't help matters. He is getting way too obsessive with the UNICEF thing, that's all he tweets about now, and not much else. I think a lot of people, even a lot of the more obsessive among them are tired of it. He needs to get a job, plain truth.
- obsessive thoughts are not uncommon for people with eating disorders. I think this guy has issues with food. Being an actor means your career is so up and down and so to have some sense of control and order, some people turn to controlling with food and exercise.
But enough arm chair psychoanalyzing. I just want him to gain 15 pounds and look a little healthier. He has a nice long cut to his body. Some pics suggest he is hung, which is nice. So put some fat back into his face and he is kind of an adorably dorky smart guy.
I don't think he hammed it up on Deep Blue Sea. I think his character was supposed to be labile. He was damaged from the war. Everyone else in that movie was rather muted so his character stood out.
I think that Rachel Weisz was drawn to him because compared to her husband, he seemed so alive, so colorful, passionate, etc. So I think that was how he was supposed to be
I do agree that he was a better Loki in Thor, than in The Avengers, but I think it was because in Thor, it was easy to sort of empathize with Loki. He was more interesting as a character in Thor because he was conflicted and hurt, rather than just plain evil. He was lesser son, found out he was adopted and he was always overshadowed by the lunkhead Thor. In Avengers he was more one dimensionally the bad guy. And he played it more smarmy than evil.
He has worked a ton with Ken Brannagh and I think Brannagh was going for a more nuanced performance from him. Where as with the Avengers is was more there as a plot device to move the story forward, and unite the Avengers. If he had played Loki as a conflicted bad guy it would have been hard to rally the troops against him.
I still like The Avengers better as a movie, though. I thought Thor was kind of dull. And I was distracted by the terrible hair or wig of Chris Hemsworth.
The movie poster of "Only Lovers Left Alive" with Tilda S, looks interesting. It will be a small release, but Jim Jarmusch is an interesting director so I think the film could be pretty cool.
- I'm really hoping his career will take off--he should be getting great offers for leading roles.
I agree that he is too skinny. He looks too angular and his features get too sharp looking.
- Interesting actor and he seems a genuinely nice guy, not just PR bullshit but he needs to work more.
- Sorry, Loki enthusiasts, but I've got the pasty Brit angle all sewed up in Hollywood, and I'm not giving it up.
- Benedict Cumberbatch is definitely another interesting British actor.
- Hiddleston and Cumberbatch were both in "Warhorse".
- I would climb Benedict Cumberbatch like a tree, but Hiddleston is terribly overrated. He is being way too picky way too soon, he is still very much an outsider to the movie industry besides his Marvel movies and as much as I love him, his F. Scott Fitzgerald or War Horse outing didn't make him stand out. He should be making tons of movies right now but instead he chooses to sit at home and wait until his dream project comes along. Still he is a dreamboat and hey if the guy can afford to sit on his carved-out-of-fucking-marble ass, it's none of my business. Not like I'm going to get anything out of it.
- Yeah, Tom needs to really start working. The man can act, he has proven that.
- R221 How do you know he is just sitting at home waiting for his dream project? I have seen interviews where he seems to imply he is reading a lot, considering stage work etc.
I just think he is kind of hard to fit in to some projects because he has a very specific look.
- Cumberbatcb has an even more specific look.
- ... a rather alien amphibian look.
- Cumberbatch is just gross, his looks and his endless baby mama obsessed chatter. Ugh.
As for Hiddleston, he will never be leading man material, but if unique looking English is in, he should be getting as many jobs as Cumberbatch.
- Why hasn't he found some gal to pop out a few kids, r226? It's not like there's a shortage of candidates vying for his Sherlocked ass.
- [quote]his endless baby mama obsessed chatter. Ugh.
Does he have kids? Or just talk about wanting them.
- Tom does not have kids but wants them.
- [quote]Cumberbatch is just gross, his looks and his endless baby mama obsessed chatter. Ugh.
I meant Benedict...I didn't understand this quote.
I hope that the ONTD teenager idiots are on DL.
- Does Benedict have a baby mama? I am confused.
- When the spotlight moves on, "Cumberbatch Hiddleston & Redmayne" (CHR) will be a prestigious agency for actors from top schools and colleges.
Post-Oxbridge, an interview at CHR will be vital for ambitious young actors. 'Hugo's been signed up by CHR. Already got a part in the new BBC Trollope. Can't be bad.'
- Ambitious and good actors.
- There's so much GAY going on in this pic...I can't even.
FWIW, Tom is working. He has a part in the new Muppet movie, bless his lipless, muppet-faced heart. I just want to squeeze him. (Of course he might crack in his current state of thinness. Come back brawny Cranford Tom! Let me love you!)
- Why is he doing the Muppet movie if he wants to be taken seriously? He should dump his whole management team and boyfriend/publicist.
Right now he should be doing what McAvoy and Cumberbatch have done, and find himself an amazing classic play with a twist, like McAvoy's grunge Macbeth or Cumberbatch's creature oriented Frankenstein and try to win an Olivier for Best Actor, because only then he can justify Loki and move on to more serious film projects.
Only after that he can go indie or blockbuster again, but not now.
And his whole unicef thing is turning into a fiasco, isn't his publicist telling him that he's pushing it a bit too far?
Or maybe he knows all this but he just can't fire his publicist because they're secretly dating.
- I feel your frustration, r236. I hate Windsor with the intensity of a thousand fan girls for how he's mismanaging my precious Tom. He's also Emma Watson's publicist, and she's successfully pushing the envelope in her quest to expand her image and prove she can act. Why is he thwarting Thomas's progress with his apparent approval of ridiculous fan enabling (that dreadful Loki'd video, among other examples) and these overly earnest charity shenanigans (although Tom's blog entries from Guinea weren't entirely without merit). I love Tom with all my deluded heart. Maybe my Windsor rage is just the blindness of seething jealousy, but I seriously want him to take flying leap.
- Anon 236 here.
Oh god that Loki'd video should go on WHO's records as the primary cause of second hand embarrassment in adults.
I wholeheartedly believe that he is 200% invested in his charity work, but the guy doesn't know where to stop and clearly his publicist is doing nothing to stop him both in charity shenanigans and fangirl department. I also don't get why he's enabling the fangirls, it must be creepy for him too to know that there are 14 year olds who devote their time and energy to analyse the outline of his cock and write porn about it. Like dude it's not rocket science you are already famous and rich you just need to try to stay that way! You don't need 14 year olds to do that just go back to doing what you're good at! Why are you doing weird movies with vampires and puppets!! Go back to theatre!!
- I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.
Okay. I'm done...for now.
- r235 (aka Hiddles Troll)
There is a lot of gay in both pics.
The publicist is a major fail.
Tom seems like a very nice man who tries to do good. He seems to respond enthusiastically to kindness, which may explain the patience with the publicist and the fangirls (who are clearly now on this thread).
He needs to cut the cord.
r236, the member of his "team" that approved that Loki'd nonsense should be fired on the spot. Painful.
- I love that Loki'd video. I thought it was great. He is not afraid of embarrassing himself.
- He is such a doofus which is one of the reasons why I love him. He does need to get a new publicist though. I do wonder if he and Luke are dating. I have wondered that for a while now.
- If he is dating Luke that is tragic cause Luke is hideous. I didn't have a problem with the original Loki'd video. I see no problem whatsoever with having a laugh over playing a superhero or supervillain. What I thought was unnecessary was when the released a "Making of the Loki'd Video", That was when it just crossed over into painful.
THe Vampire movie is not going to be like a Twilight or True Blood thing. The Writer/director is Jim Jarmusch who is well respected for his quirky indie movies. As far as the Muppets goes, is he full in it or just a cameo. Lots of big names were in the last Muppets movie, Amy Adams, and several big names in cameos.
I hate the muppets so I doubt I will see it.
I like Tom but I agree, he needs to focus on being an actor, he needs to understand and implement boundaries on his fan relationships and he needs to gain about 25 pounds.
- Any stories on Luke or is he just incompetent as a publicist
- New interview from this morning...
GODDAMN SON-OF-A-BITCH ASSHOLE!!!! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh...
Excuse me while I cry into my tea.
- He needs to wear these pants more often.
- R245, were you joking or did you really like not that interview, cause I thought he seemed pretty nice. And I don't find his passion for Unicef annoying at all.
- I think 245 was joking. Had to be. How can someone not like that interview and that adorableness.
- That's what I thought. Just when I think he has crossed over into too cheesy, I will catch an interview with him and he is too fucking cute.
I don't get a strong gay vibe at all, at least not in this interview. But odds are he has given it a try.
- He is just adorable. There is nothing phony about him either.
- R250 - How would you know there is nothing 'phony' about him? He's an actor - massive clue there. He would be capable of making you believe whatever he wanted you to believe.
R244 - I think he is just useless as a publicist. He certainly allows the fans far too much leeway - he actually responds to them for a start. A friend of mine runs one of Cumberbatch's fansites and she said she 'rarely' gets any response from Benedict's publicist, but then Cumbersnatch is busy with actual film work, while Hiddleston languishes at home reading theatre scripts! Tom is not nearly as established in his career as he should be, to be taking time out of doing films. If he was getting film offers, we'd be hearing about them and getting confirmation that he's been signed up to stuff.
I think he comes across as too theatrical in his films, and has thus not made the transition from the stage very well and could well be a reason for the lack of good film offers. Even Loki (particularly in the Avengers) gives the impression of being on a big stage 'dictating' orders to an audience.
I thought it was also very notable that in the interview on This Morning, he described the female attention as 'alarming'. He used to say it was flattering. That did make me feel sorry for him.
- I usually steer clear of these obsessive-fangurl threads, but even I have to admit he is a cutie-pie in that interview at R245.
- I've only seen him as Scott F and Prince Hal, both of which I liked and will watch again as a result of this thread. Certainly I'd like to see him on stage.
FWIW I caught understated ping on 'This Morning.' TH came across as the young Foreign Office official he could so easily have been - though the FO would consider the tie-pin a bit dressy!
Clearly whip-smart, I imagine he'll immerse in acting to see how far it takes him, while maintaining serious outside commitments. Clever people like to achieve in a broad range, explore all their abilities, and usually succeed. Arise Sir Tom.
- rabid fangirls in this post makes me sad. this is not tumblr 12 year olds, please, no.
- How do you know that, r254?
The only fangirl I see in here is you.
- We are here. We are legion. Expect us. Eheheheh.
- The Hiddleconda was hanging right tonight...in so many ways.
- And closer...
- Okay, so I'm the only one awake who cares, but...damn.
- LOVE this man.
- Bumping for the bulge pics from last night. Caught a bit of this awards show train wreck, and honestly, Hiddleston is "meh" in pictures but fucking HOT in action.
- With those goods, he should be getting his pants tailored longer in the crotch and wearing more supportive briefs. That shit looks uncomfortable.
- Caught some replays of last night. Hate to say it, but he came off a little douche-like. As in cringe-worthy.
Man can wear a suit, but needs to learn when to zip it and keep it brief when he does open his mouth.
Kind of put the Thor 2 on set behavior thing in a new light.
And Luke was his +1, of course. Sat between him and Chris Evans. What publicist does that? They are totally a couple.
- I don't know anything about Tom Hiddleston but taking your publicist or agent to an awards show is very very common.
- So you know that feeling you have the morning after you finally hook up with your biggest crush? At the time it's happening, you're thinking "YES!!!", but then the next day, you're like..."Woah. Too much reality."
That's me today.
Tom was trying WAY too hard last night. It was like a mix of pre-meditated calculation and rarefied cluelessness. I feel better knowing that r264 wasn't buying it either. I thought it was just me being hopelessly cynical. Or maybe it's both of us being hopelessly cynical?
P.S. He's going commando and wearing tight pants on purpose, I just know it. Seriously diminishes the joy.
- 3rd cynic here, what was up his pseudo-sarcastic tirade about Loki the with dog being better bred and having more followers than him, why Tom why? Why don't you just sit still, shut your mouth and be pretty!
I don't think he's a huge fan of underwear. I saw him in this very low budget indie movie and there is a scene where his character changes into his nighties. He takes off his trousers to put on his pj's and TA DAA, commando! So unless he's super skilled at taking his pants off along with his trousers it's safe to say that the "Hiddleconda" is slithering wild and free most of the time.
- "Oh, daraling...please don't be cross with me for being a complete dork."
- I like him, but his pandering to the fans is going to be his undoing.
The problem with that, is those kinds of crazy fans will turn on you in a dime. So you are on top of the world today and tomorrow their is a huge backlash and you are back to nothing.
He has considerable talent, hung well, graceful movements ( as the other poster said, in motion he looks great) and unique looks. He needs to rise above the fan-gurl scene and focus on his acting and longevity. Personally, staying away from lame MTV awards shows is the first step. No one cares and MTV has pretty much lost all relevance anymore.
I prefer an actor who plays a little hard to get.
- He's in Vogue with the severely overexposed and barely legal Cara Delevigne. It's just plain creepy. She's like 19. Oh god how in love was I with this man just 2 months ago and suddenly the tables turned. Now I know what being Adele must feel like.
- I guess I don't see why him posing with a professional model would change your mind about him. I doubt that he was the creative person person behind the pictorial.
And the pictures are fine, at least the ones I saw. It isn't like they are pawing at each other.
The Older guy/ Very young woman combo has been around since biblical times, so I guess, I don't find it all that shocking.
I have never seen her before, but she is very pretty. I much prefer her to Lara Miller or whatever her name is with the gap tooth
- She is obviously gorgeous to the max but that's not the point. The point is TH is turning into an attention whore and he's trying to be a full time celebrity instead of an actor and the fact that he brings his publicist to the opening of an envelope is proof to that.
I'm sorry but the fact that he's agreed to do a shoot with a 15 year old with scrawny legs is degrading for women and it just feeds Hollywoods obsession with youth.
For someone who's been trying almost too hard to build a persona around the educated respectful Englishman prototype should have seen this coming. Oh well, anything for a spread in Vogue!! Because, you know, Vogue is after all worlds leading movie and theatre magazine..
So sad to see him doing down that road, I wish he was more like Cumberbatch but apparently this one wants to be famous more than he wants to act.
- is that girl really on 15?
- no she's 19 but severely malnourished.
- Cumberbatch did the same thing in Vanity Fair with model Lydia Hearst, whom he then dated.
But agreed, one does not usually equate Shakespeare with posing along side 19 year olds in Vogue.
- The pictures in that Vogue article are just cringeworthy - he looks like the creepy uncle who has his eye on his hot niece. Yuck.
I tried to read the text with the article but had to stop after a few sentences as I had vomited all over my laptop. It's like the worst fanfiction you've ever read. Seriously - who approved that kind of article?
The Vogue thing coupled with his equally cringeworthy appearance and behaviour at the MTV awards have confirmed to me that he is nothing but a shallow industry ass-kisser who wants everyone to love him.
And for the love of god, Hiddles - ditch the Armani suits and go for Tom Ford.
- The Vogue shoot has a creepy sugar daddy vibe which does not help. They should have paired him with a model closer to his age (well if they make them anymore, seems models these days are getting younger and look more like little boys like the model in the shoot does) to promote the sexy angle the magazine is trying to put across.
- god of ass-kisserry
- Clearly cumberbatch also had his moments of fame whoring (Lydia Hearst? Seriously? Yuck.) but wanting to get more momentum with high profile photo shoots is one thing, trying to make a career in acting by modelling is another. If he had a movie coming out soon this would at least be somewhat relevant but now it's just creepy. Kudos to anon 276 "he looks like the creepy uncle who has his eye on his hot niece", that's exactly what it looks like!!
Plus I don't like how he keeps saying how proud he is of his work as Loki and how it's the most blablabla work he's ever done but then he ups his game at more grown-up award shows and suddenly it's all Prince Hal/Henry V.
I will never understand how smarmy dude gets away with it when Cumberbatch is being called an arrogant asshole for acknowledging the fact that even though he has been to an expensive school his family was not rich and he doesn't want to be miscast.
I just saw his MTV red carpet interview, she told him to do a 360 and when jokingly asked if he felt objectified as a man he blurted out "i have huge respect for you guys now, like, you have to come out here and show your asses"
Well that explains why he needs his babysitter ALL THE TIME. His personality is leaking through the "charming gentlemen" persona.
I loved him when he first became relatively famous with Thor, he was so ambitious and enthusiastic and he didn't feel the need to hide it. Now he's like the guy in college who secretly studies his ass off just to say "wow I really didn't study at all, I have no idea how I got an A" He's like the lovechild of Anne Hathaway and Taylor Swift..
YOU BROKE MY HEART TOM I HAD HOPES AND DREAMS YOU WERE GOING TO BE COOL AND AMBITIOUS AND YOU WERE GOING TO SHOOT LOTS OF MOVIES AND YOU WERE GOING TO RULE THE WORLD INSTEAD YOU BECAME GOOEY AND STICKY!! (plus your taste in women is shit for a man who's trying so hard to be an established artist, you keep eyeing bimbos in your interviews)
- I really need to spellcheck, sorry about all that but my point is clear I suppose.
That red carpet show was hilarious, he was flirting with everything in a skirt and acting the alpha male role. I guess his fangirls thought it was so cute that he gave the blonde with the big tits his coat, what a gentleman yeah. Uh no, total creeper move, and then he moved onto the next girl in the low cut dress with her tits almost out, and did the same "visual, not to subtle" boob/ass checks.
Meanwhile, his gay pr guy was running around and trying to corral him, so funny.
- R279 -
You are right that he changes his personality/behaviour according to where he is and who he is with.
That unfortunately smacks of insecurity and neediness - he tries to fit in and wants to be liked and obviously doesn't feel he can be totally 'himself'. If you're totally confident in who you are, you don't 'change' yourself for anyone.
It's sad - I honestly thought he might become a huge star but his lack of current work is very worrying. The studios are falling over themselves to sign up Cumberbatch and that is clearly not happening for Hiddles.
- I need to go back and read the latest on him.
- Wow people are so quick to judge. Tom hit the jackpot with roles in Midnight in Paris, Thor, War Horse, Avengers, Thor 2, The Hollow Crown series, the indie Only Lovers Left Alive. Upcoming he has The Muppets, and Black wings has my Angel.
This is all since 2011, so I don't think he is doing too badly.
I don't think he or anyone else associated with Thor expected Tom to get more attention than Hemworth, and he was clearly the fan fave with the Avengers as well.
I imagine that is all heady stuff and it would take all of us time to find our mojo.
He may take some missteps along the way, but he has been consistently nice and gracious.
Yes, he does come across as too eager to please, and yes, he hasn't established good boundaries with his fans, but I don't think he is a bad guy.
And I guess i don't think the fact that he was sneaking a peek at some tits and ass on the red carpet is all that bad, either.
I think his publicist is not necessarily steering him in the right direction, and I think he needs to work with Tom to put some distance between him and the fans, and he needs to coach him in seeming sincere but not to the point of looking like an eager puppy dog all the time.
The guy has a lot of talent, but I don't see him as leading man material. I think he is better as a character actor. And I think he would have a longer career this way as most leading men, are a dime a dozen.
- I still need to catch up on the latest on him but I agree with you R284.
- His pandering to the One Direction demographic at the MTV Awards has put me off this guy for good. What a load of contrived nonsense he spewed.
And I agree with the creepy uncle vibe with these Vogue pics. He should be embarrassed.
- R286, for goodness sakes, it was the MTV movie awards. The whole show is pandering in one way or another. It isn't a serious show. It is basically a crap fest. In fact, I am more disappointed that he went to the show than I am about that joke. I think the show is lame and ridiculous.
I thought the joke was fine. I thought the rest of his speech was too long, but that part I thought was fine and fitting for the event.
- Cue the inevitable backlash...
Come now, girls, Tommy boy's just playing the game. Awkwardly, yes, creepily, occasionally, but look where the game has gotten Cumberbatch. If I remember correctly, his fangurls were equally butthurt when he went off script. He's certainly no worse off for having fought hard to raise his profile. Indeed, Cumberbuns seems to have learned quite a bit in the last year, so props. Let's hope Thomas benefits equally. (FTR, I think the Vogue pics are beautiful, but that second rate fan fiction on the part of the editors sucks.)
- the Vogue pictures don't bother me either, though I think the story is dumb.
R288, Backlash is right. Tom seems too good to be true, a nice guy, no nasty rumors out there ( a vague remark about the Thor 2 set is all), has a passion for his charity work, and seems to be enjoying his celebrity.
Sure he's a bit overeager, and has some weird fans. But now after one appearance on the lamest of lame award shows, suddenly he is a creeper, showboat, leering asshole.
I for one would rather have Tom shamelessly embracing the scene, than to have a hipster act too cool for School, while all the while making sure they get as much if not more media coverage.
I can't knock Tom for sincerely seeming to enjoy his celebrity.
He will learn, he is, afterall pretty bright. He just doesn't have it down yet
- Yes, MTV Movie Awards is all pandering, but Hiddleston panders to EVERYONE. His lame attempt to connect with 20 year-olds is just the latest example in his lack of identity, and letting his dick hang loose on a huge TV broadcast reeks of desperation. He's like that kid in school who was always dying for approval and desperately trying to fit in with every group. He's established no industry identity for himself, which is problematic since most people don't immediately connect him with Loki since the look is so different. He's just some random British guy in a ubiquitous Armani suit. (I completely agree with whoever mentioned he should switch to Tom Ford!) I'm not much of a Cumberbatch fan, but I do think he's become a much more distinct personality in the industry. While actors don't like being typecast, the public needs to identify them with some sort of image, and Tom's image at this point is just skinny & British. Meh.
- Just sounds like a typical actor to me. I think most of them probably have interpersonal identity issues, and were often the kid in school trying to fit in.
As much as they are "in group" once they hit the big time, you just have to know most of them are socially awkward nerds who turn narcisstic eventually because the industry feeds them. Until of course they are no longer needed and then the industry forgets about them.
I don't see Tom as any worse than many.
- More of the Hiddleconda..
- I think he's trying to score the 50 shades part.
- Lol @ R293
As thin as he is, that dick probably makes up half of his body mass, especially when hard.
I think Steve Anell is getting the 50SofCrap job
- what happened to sian clifford? suddenly she disappeared off the face of the earth.
- He must've shaved his beard.
- [R294] I had no idea who Steve Amell was, then I googled him, oh god. He's like Thor 2.0 Beta Version. YES I WOULD WATCH THAT SHIT MOVIE. YES. Smart move producer. Smart move.
- r295, maybe she went back to being a bag lady, she had the face for it.
- R298 I laughed too hard at this, I should feel bad.
- NO, Tom should not do that '50 shades' shit. Please don't.
- The Crow....oh no...it is a jinxed movie...don't do it Tom!!!!!
- Wait, what are the rumors about Tom on set of Thor 2??? I've been searching through the comments here and can't find the actual rumor.
I agree: I don't see TH as any worse than many. But then, fraus and teenagers are so fickle.
The rumours were on an ONTD thread in response to his Flaunt magazine article. However, I've just checked the thread again and the comments detailing his apparent bizarre behaviour on the Thor 2 set appear to have been deleted.
Whatever is going on, he has been looking awful skinny and haggard of late. He hasn't looked really good since the Avengers press tour.
- the comments about his behavior were just part of a bunch of comments. Not part of an article or anything, so I don't think they can really carry much weight.
I agree he is too thin. He looked better with about another 20 pounds on him.
He is apparently an avid runner, and of course he is very passionate about World Hunger. I think he looks thinner since he came back from Africa. I wonder if seeing the terrible poverty and hunger affected him emotionally. I had friend who worked in Haiti for several months. When he came home, he had a hell of time feeling like it was ok to return to the comfortable life he always had. I think it was a version of survivor guilt.
If he plays in the Crow, I bet he will stay thin, but he has another movie, playing Robert Capa, and he may need to gain some weight to look more like him.
- ONTD is full of deranged teenagers.
- Tom's date to the MTV awards and the Iron Man 3 premiere last night was a guy named John Macmillan. You get a good look at him in the beginning of this video, but he's in the background in pretty much every photo from both events. Hiding in plain sight, folks. Not even.
Tom's new beau perhaps? Is he an actor too?
- Yep, he's an actor
- I knew it. Gay.
- He has these friends, Sian Clifford John Macmillan Laurence Spellman, unknown actors that he likes bring to parties e premiere and I can't understand why. maybe he doesn't like be alone
- He didn't bring Sian Clifford from London to LA on a working trip. Or to two red carpet events over the course of ten days.
r307 has it properly spotted, I think.
- But not to the clippers game. So he brings his beau just where someone can clearly see him. Hmmmm
- r313 That suit with him is an industry type. That was a business meeting/perk. Understandable that the sig other might not be there.
However, we don't know that he wasn't walking just out of frame of all of those pictures.
Sad if he won't come out because he doesn't want to hurt his career. What year is this?
- Tom and John Macmillian in "Friend request pending".
I think he likes to have a +1 at these events, regardless if it's his right hand hag Sian or that babysitter of his, Luke. Guess this is the new +1.
- Macmillan is definitely the bf. They've known each other for years (both toured with the Cheek and Jowl production of Cymbeline). Sian was doing beard duty for Tom and Spellman, but when they broke up, Sian was dismissed as well. Surprised how ballsy Tom is being. Guess he imagines all that red carpet tit ogling is enough to throw everyone off.
- Fan snap of the pair bts.
- They look good together, I wish he didn't feel the need to stay in the closet.
What do you guys think about his supposed one night stand with a model? Was that an "in vitro" by publicist? Can (or more correctly, would) a publicist go that far?
I def. believe he's 100% gay, there is not even talk of him dating/banging ANYONE, no actor is that obsessed with that side of their image unless they're hiding something.
- Tom and his boyfriend on London a couple of weeks ago.
The bf is hotter than Tom. Definitely less goofy looking.
I thought the same - he's been single for ages now but no talk of him doing ANYTHING with any woman, other than rumours of him hooking up with a few industry women during the Avengers press tour. But that was nearly a year ago!
However, the Cumberbatch has been single for a similar length of time with no talk of him dating anyone either, though I have never got gay vibes from him at all.
Still think it's incredibly odd that Luke sits next to Tom at big events, when other publicists clearly don't. Guess Tom just likes a +1, and he does strike me as the needy type. I think this is why he encourages the fans more than he should because he secretly enjoys the validation they give him.
- Hiddles troll, do weigh in here.
- I do rather like the like the guy and I hate to be prejudiced, but Eton school boys and the like are spreading like a cancer throughout British Society. They are usually very talented, but there are a lot of talented people out there. Thier mummys and daddys spend a fortune on their educations and for that they buy the biggest step up you can get in your career, they certainly don't need to suck anyone's dick to get their big chance. For that reaon I can appreciate the Hiddlestones, the Cumberbatchs and the Remaynes of this world, but it is the ones that have dragged themselves up from the bottom of the shit heap that I love.
- R320, have you been to tumblr? There's been countless of rumors there with him dating women, there was even a rumor of him dating Jessica Chastain, and some other, less famous woman, can't remember her name though. I just don't understand how you can think Tom is gay. How do you explain him checking out a women's boobs and ass, which he has done on many occasions? I can buy that he's bi, but fully gay seems like a stretch.
- Is there anything concrete about his gayness or are you frau cows just moo'ing on because you like to finger yourselves over the thought?
- Oh, I don't know, r324...how about the discussion of his boyfriend (with photographic evidence) at r316 and r319? Don't be an asshole. If this thread bugs you, use the back-to-threadlist function.
- R323 dear fangirl, as a straight female I can confidently state that my boobs have been fondled by more gay men than straight.
R320 Cumberbatch came out of a REALLY long term relationship as far as I know, he had a rebound with a frightfully similar looking girl. I don't think he's as sexual as his fangirls make him out to be, he looks like he's completely obsessed about his work only work work work work. And it's paying off.
I don't want to couch psych anyone but comparing these two, Hiddleston's soft spot seems to be his masculinity as he tries to play that up constantly whereas Cumberbatch is battling with his nouveau riche status because he wasn't as well-off as his Harrovian mates but he always kept up appearances even after he was famous and now he's always working to justify those 'appearances'.
Moo moo boo hoo frau!!!
- RE: him being too thin lately:
Loki supposedly has been rotting away in Asgardian prison for quite some time, so maybe he's simply started "method acting".
Then again....who knows. Maybe it's stress.
- Just because he takes a friend with him to events is not Proof he is gay. Alexander Skarsgard has a whole Swedish Mafia that he hangs with constantly and at least one if not more go with him to almost every event. Yet most people don't believe that AS is gay.
Your logic is ass backwards, He took a woman (Sian) to several events, and that was proof to many that he was gay, then he takes a man with him to events and that is also proof he is gay. So to me it seems like no matter what, being seen with a woman, or seen with a man, and people are going to want to be convinced he is gay. Yet there are people who have posted on here that they know him and know him to be straight and that gets dismissed.
It is fun to gossip and such, but like it or not, not everyone is gay, not everyone is straight and some might be Bi.
- I have long wondered if he is gay. He has been single for so long and you would think that other famous women would be seen with him and he is becoming so well-known. At first I thought Luke was his bf but now I am not sure.
- he is only 32 or 33 years old, right? Aren't a lot of men still unattached at that age? Straight, bi or Gay, he can probably get as much action as he wants. He is busy, he travels, etc. I don't think there is an issue with him being "single".
- Only people who have nothing better to do get married before 35.
- How do we know this John Macmillan guy was at the MTV awards? I don't remember seeing anyone with him but Luke...
Also Tom, John Macmillan and that Laurence Spellman guy all know each other and have worked together. That could be awkward if he was making his way through them...
And how do we know they flew over together? They easily could be both in LA and caught up with each other.
Just because a man brings a man to an event doesn't mean he's gay.
This is just a whole lot of speculation.
- I hope he doesn't do the Crow.
- Who let the fangirls in here? Just because the guy is single, it does not mean he's not getting his dick wet as much as he wants.
- not a fangurl, but the guy has money, has fame and is hung. I imagine he can get laid whenever he wants. Now whether he wants to do it man on man, man on woman, or man on whatever is nearby, I don't imagine he is living a celibate life. Or if he is, it is his choice, not because he can't find a willing partner.
- I'm one of those fangirls and if he is gay, so what? As if I ever had a chance with him even if he were straight. He is just nice to fantasize about. I just think it is sad he cannot come out since he is part of the Marvel franchise. That is, if he is gay.
- r333, please direct your attention to the bottom gif
- [R338] Thanks, hadn't seen that. He seems to be hiding the rest of the night. I just saw a post about someone meeting them both and he introduced him as "my mate" and they got no gay vibes from them but who knows.
To fantasize about?
Get a REAL life, fangurls.
- He's too defensive about his straight cred to be anything other than a card carrying closet gay.
- Like none of you have ever fantasized about a famous person, r340.
- He just presented the Olivier Award for Best New Play. It's being broadcast on the radio. He sounds hot and probably hetero.
- sorry, as much as it would be pretty cool, I don't think he is gay. Bi maybe, or at least bi-curious, but not gay.
- So did he bring his bf to the Olivier awards?
- Yes, he brought Luke to the Olivier awards. He also arrived ridiculously late - we were all inside and seated by the time he turned up. Seriously - if Queen Helen Mirren can arrive on time, so can he.
Spotted Tom in the foyer after the ceremony and he made a beeline for the after party queue with a stern look on his face and talking to nobody, whereas most other people were happy to hang around and just chat.
His presentation speech was also long and boring - thankfully ITV managed to cut it to the bare minimum when they showed the highlights later on.
I noticed he sat next to a chap all night who later tweeted him. The bloke's profile has got gay written all over it!
- I figured Luke would be there.
I meant John Macmillan.
Which bloke has gay written all over it - Tom, or the chap he sat with?
Are you actually serious? You think that because he's dated a few women and checks out boobs that he can't be gay? One of my female teachers at school was left heartbroken after her husband of 20 years came out in his late 40s (and after fathering 3 children) and left her for another man.
The fact he's had relationships with women means precisely zero. He might not be gay, but just because he's obviously dated and slept with women, doesn't mean he can't be.
Tumblr gets its knickers in a twist all the time over nothing but rumours. The Jessica Chastain thing was disproven by Jessica herself, and despite the fans thinking that he dated Kat Dennings and/or Gwen Christie, there's no concrete proof he ever had proper romantic relationships with either of them.
The only 'confirmed' girlfriend was Susannah Fielding, and that was obviously some time ago. He has a pretty crap relationship history if you look at the facts and not the rumours.
- R347 - the bloke he sat with. Doesn't necessarily 'mean' anything of course, but I liked the way the guy said it was 'a pleasure' to sit next to Tom 'all evening'.
Nice and cosy.
- and he is this close to asking tom out, he's still tweeting. bwhahaha this is too funny.
- Wonder if Luke will try to shut him down?
- R348, the same argument that you make that he is likely gay can be used to say he is likely straight.
In your logic, just because a man has a dating history with women doesn't mean he isn't gay. Well, yes that's true, but it also doesn't mean that he is gay.
I always find it funny how in the dl world, if a guy dates a woman, it doesn't mean anything and he probably is actually gay. By this reasoning all men are actually gay.
And as much as we would like to believe that, sadly, it just isn't true. At least some men really are straight.
Now I don't know about Tom Hiddleston per se, but his dating history is with women. He flirts with women. So I would say that there is at least a slightly better than 50% chance that he identifies as straight.
I realize we have been fooled before. And Tom may yet decide to come out. But he might also just be a straight guy
Ah, yes, but with other actors we usually have some story about how so and so picked up someone in a bar and some such. But with this guy, nothing. What about his previous dating history, did he date guys at Rada or at college? All this chatter just seems to be based on pictures of him and some friend he took with him to a premiere. Is he actually dating the friend or is it some story some thirsty fangirl cooked up? Where are the BI's about this guy, want to see them, just curious.
- I vote closet case.
- re: gay rumors
Wonder if Hiddleston will go as far as his buddy Renner did and knock a 16 year old up too? He's stuck with that frau for life, hope it was worth it.
- there is a former classmate from RADA that posted on here way towards the beginning, who stated that Tom dated women while at RADA and that he came across as a nice guy, but very serious about his craft.
I now that many of us want him to be gay, but I just don't think there is much evidence. Yes, his mgr is gay, but he has a BF.
- r346 That is too bad. He seemed to be all smiles when signing autographs. Wonder what happened once he got inside? Sounded like he was in a bad mood.
- I vote for bi.
- I think a lot of people keep forgetting that actors are actors, and they sometimes don't subscribe to the same sexual identifiers as the rest of us.
Just an observation based on my time working with actors. I don't know if Tom is gay or straight, but I wouldn't be so quick to put him in a specific box. I know it's not popular to put forth that whole idea of loving/lusting for the person, not the gender, but I've seen it with actors more than I've ever seen it with normal people. And I do mean NORMAL people. Actors are pretty fucked up in a multitude of ways. Fun, gorgeous, charming, but fucked up, moody, weeping, NEEDY people. They NEED attention. They'll flirt with men and women to get it, and many times sleep with both. I've seen actors who were a thousand percent identifying as gay go off and shag a female co-star. That's just what goes on in that world.
- I don't tjink he has a bf or gf or whatever. He's only work work work, premiere premiere premiere, "hey I'm here say my name and go with interview" he doesn't have any kind of private life. And he seems everyday more sex starved to me
- I bet he was in a bad mood because he just found out that he is not in the running for The Crow anymore. Apparently Alexander Skarsgard is now the frontrunner. I like him too, but I could physically imagine Tom in the make up and pulling it off more than I can Skarsgard. But I think they are both fine actors, though Tom is more theatrical and intense and Alex is more like pot on simmer, slow and understated. Very different styles.
- I'm glad he is not making 'The Crow'. The movie is cursed anyway. Plus, that movie should not be remade.
- Sassy bump
- Wow this guy is fug..
- No, this is fug.
- The rumor has been that Tom's team completely effed up The Crow for him, that they were the source of the leak about him being in talks and doing his own makeup test and that the talks were serious, not just a casual conversation. If it's true, it proves even more how badly Tom needs to upgrade his team. It's an embarrassing, amateur move to float this story like a done deal and then have it completely tank. Subsequent tweets from the Jeff Sneider, who originally broke the story, seems to indicate that a fuck-up occurred. He said:
"The Tom Hiddleston in The Crow news was MUCH MORE than a simple conversation, just FYI. I've got all kinds of evidence proving otherwise..."
"By the way, I've read THE CROW script and Hiddleston was perfect for it. As a fan, Skarsgard strikes me as all wrong, but he's available now"
"I can't help it if my reporting prompts agents to overreact & pull clients out of projects they want to do. It was 1000% true when posted..."
- He needs to fire that moron Luke, the leak was 100% his fault and the other thing is red carpet wise, he's turned into nanny, nurse and off the chain guard dog.
- r366, if true, then Tom needs to fire his team immediately and that includes Luke. How could Tom be off the 'The Crow' project if he was perfect for it? It could not just be an incompetent team. It's just as well, look at what happened to Brandon Lee.
- Guess Luke Evans is now going to play Draven. Hope Tom learned something from this, he needs to fire his management team and get a new one.
- Hiddles Bump
- Word around town is that Tom really wanted to do The Crow, the talks were quite serious, and then his agent put the kibosh on it over terms. The other thing is that they had Luke Evans on the chain and then Tom’s publicity team really screwed up with their leak and pissed off everyone involved. Evans’ publicist, meanwhile, came out with a statement that Luke was the original choice, which now makes Tom’s agent/publicist look even more incompetent. I have solid word to confirm that the whole leak about him doing the makeup at home came from Tom’s people. That’s an incredibly amateur move on their part. Between that leak and Evans’ statement, now Tom looks desperate instead of the actor that everyone should want. It's good that the Thor sequel hits in the fall, as it buys him more time to make Hollywood pay attention, but he will begin to run out of time to get cast into films that will put him on the map outside of the Marvel universe. Indie films are often good work from an acting standpoint, but they don't sustain a career in this industry. I think this Crow reboot is a bit of a train wreck story-wise, but it would have given him the ability to carry a film in foreign markets (which is where all the money flows now). He really needs that if he wants Hollywood to keep him on their casting list.
- But isn't that what non A list actors do, always desperate for parts until they get one? Hitting the pavement or the casting couch for a job. Tom still has to pay for the upkeep of his fancy house in that fancy part of London.
- R102, and he also says "definitely hetero". She's asking him if he's meterosexual (because he wears boxer shorts in bed), and he says "maybe hetero, definitely hetero, that's just my particular preference, I've nothing against metero or anything else, for that matter".
- Stop clutching your pearls over Tom's career. He'll be fine, he can actually act and he's good looking. Don't forget that his vampire film with Tilda will premiere at Cannes. That will make people notice him outside of the Marvel world, and who knows, he would leave Cannes with a role offer.
But in regards to his PR, he has the power to kick them to the curb if he feels that they are incompetent.
- The dude is het, no fluid sexuality, no lgbt, just straight. Yes they do exist, wow.
- R376 R377 wow you guys must be fun at parties.
- Hiddleconda bulge bump
- He throws like a girl.
- can that bulge even be real? I mean in that link it looks like a round lump, not dick.
Either he tried to roll it up and keep it from hanging down his leg like it usually does, or he is augmenting the package because he knows the whole tumblrverse is talking about his endowments
- TLDR this thread but fwiw Branagh has been married for years to a fat brunette and has kids with her, shows up to award shows with her. She had been friends with HBC, his previous gf & HBC dumped him then he went with this one after a few years.
- He's more of a supporting actor.
- Typical semi-fug, odd-looking Brit with a wrinkle in his pants that makes him look like he has a big dick. How DL typical. UK men seem attractive only when they are mixed with ancestry from the Continent.
- R384 it is def more than a wrinkle. In some shots you can see the full penis outline and it hangs down the leg.
In the most recent link posted it is a huge bulge.
I don't think he is an extremely handsome guy, but when you see him in motion, and hear him speak he is attractive. Not gay though, or at least not exclusively. Bi, perhaps.
- That he likes women is pretty clear, there are pics and Videos; he checked out the female Journalist or he gave ambiguous reply.
If this guy goes so far with his sexual curiosity that he thinks about experience with men, I don't know, but there is this very strong straight behavior.
Maybe in the past, when he was at Eton, you know Teenage boys in public schools without girls ....
The last gay-related thing what I read with Tom involved was a message from someone who said he worked on the set of Avengers and that Jeremy had a crush on him and flirted all the time with him, but Tom is straight!
- ooh, that's a fun little tidbit of information. There are several behind the scenes pictures where you can see Jeremy looking up at Tom.
- Reaching..... Big time.
- oh Fuck off. Everything on DL is a reach, that's the basis of gossip, moron
- Has anyone seen the promo clips of the new Jim Jarmusch film he's in with Tilda Swinton? Doesn't look too bad, but then it's hard to judge as the clips are so short. Keeps his lovely accent, which I'm glad of as I thought he was going to have an awful cod-American voice.
- He and Tilda Swinton seem to have good chemistry.
- I guess r386 has never heard of a little thing called overcompensation, nor of obfuscation. That's okay, r386. One of these days you'll gain some perception.
- My guess is the fangirl at R389/R392 is overcompensating for her slash fantasy with not very well placed zings.
- [quote]He and Tilda Swinton seem to have good chemistry.
They're both unusual-looking, posh, clever, rich and talented. Uncommon common ground.
- They look alike, as if they could be related.
- Love his curly hair.
- @390: Here are the clips:
- R396, thanks for posting that link to the picture with his curly hair. He looks pretty hot in that pic. Obviously he has a few more pounds on his frame and it looks good on him.
He has joked that with his curly hair he could be Gene Wilder's doppelganger, and you can see the resemblance to a young, Gene Wilder. More handsome than Gene, but definitely a resemblance. Too bad Tim Burton didn't use him to remake Willy Wonka ( Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) instead of Depp.
- Tom and SWINTON as vampires in a Jim Jarmusch film:
- Is he going to Cannes?
- I'm quite sure he's going
- New photos from his new film! I love Tilda Swinton btw.
Seems to be a very interesting film!
- He's going to play Coriolanus for Donmar's fall season with Mark Gatiss.
- That's it. I'm moving to London.
- Yikes. I'm the op of this monstrosity and a determined, longsuffering fan of Sir Hiddles, but I have to say it:
Only Lovers Left Alive looks dreadful. So much 2009 hipster dreck. *sigh*
I hope against hope to be proven wrong.
- I'm with The Hiddles Troll on this one. And tackiest of tacky names 'Only Lovers Left Alive' doesn't help one bit.
- Thank the gods!!!! Terrific buzz for Only Lovers Left Alive at Cannes today.
- And a review from The Telegraph (4 stars out of 5).
- I'm glad it is getting good reviews.
- Cannes photocall.
Jesus...WHAT DOES HE HAVE IN THOSE PANTS???? Not sure if I like the massive nondescript bulge or the pornographic free-balling best. What say you DL?
- He's got one of those old iPhones, made back when when they looked like bricks. First gen.
Also he's hung, so there's that too.
- Yes, r411, I see the phone, darling. Not the first thing that caught my eye, though.
- Honestly, I think the bulge looks fake. In pictures from the past, you could see bulge, and it was impressive and looked real. You could even make out the lovely VPL. But in these pics, either he is doing something different to camouflage the VPL, or he is trying to accent it for more attention. I like Tom, but he is obviously very tuned in to what his fans write about him. There are multiple tumblr sites that are dedicated to his bulge, and I think he is well aware of it and is now, feeding into it. He could find pants or underwear that would fit him better. But I really think he likes the attention.
It is a shame really, because he is a talented guy, and when you watch him in action, he has a sexy graceful quality.
- Must be suit. In pictures from the Red Carpet, in a black Tux, the bulge looks more natural, and still impressive. Skinny guy, Hung, long legs, tall, and great voice/accent. Yum!
- This whole bulge discussion is turning into Beyonce's fake baby bump.
- Perez Hilton weighs in. I know y'all hate him but this is quite funny.
- Hiddleston just upped his game for Bond, he's releasing Ian Fleming James Bond audiobooks.
- Merciful Christ r417 that bulge is truly a thing of beauty!
- Jon Hamm has some serious competition here.
- Oh my
- So did he bring John Macmillan to Cannes?
- I didn't see any pics with him. But who knows...
- No, he didn't bring John. It was just him, his make up lady, and Luke. I'm very proud of Luke for staying in the background with the other publicists and assistants. Hopefully Tommy Boy laid down some boundaries about personal space. I get claustrophobic looking at pictures of Tom and Luke.
Also, Tom looked so good at Cannes! He and Tilda definitely have chemistry. I hope the movie takes his career to the next level.
- He needs to fire make up lady, his skin looked so patchy and weird at the photocall with Tilda. He looked like he had the beginnings of skin cancer or something and I guess make up lady tried to put toner on and that made it look worse. Needs more sunblock.
Luke is creepy, he even dresses like Tom now.
- I think he has had some sun damage to his skin and he has such fair skin, hence the blotchiness. I have fair skin and have that same blotchiness in places from spending too much time in the sun.
- I agree his skin looked awful in Cannes
- Typical Brit who has no idea what SPF or sunscreen are..
- I love how he took a complete 180 and never tweets about anything but charity anymore, he must have realised how creepy his fans are.
- Apparently he wasn't at that big UNICEF rally either yesterday, but a lot of his rabid fangirls were and they were stalking all over the place looking for him. He's been broadcasting about that rally for months now.
- Tom is to be commended for stepping back from the fans a bit. He was naive about how accessible he was being, and was in danger of it biting him in the ass. He was photographed with a friend of his (Sian Clifford) a few times, and his fangurls went ballistic. They made up fake ID's and opened new twitter accounts in order to stalk this poor woman, wrote terrible things about her and may have even made threats.
Most fans are probably harmless but there are some real nutso's out there. After Alexander Skarsgard and Ellen Page were seen at a hockey game, (not exactly a romantic date, obviously), Ellen had a twitter stalker who threatened to kill her. She had to get the cops involved. I don't know if the the crazy fan was a fan of his or of hers, but crazy is crazy.
For some reason, Tom attracts really really crazy fans. I think part of it is because he is not traditionally handsome. Attractive yes, but not matinee idol handsome. So those fans can more easily delude themselves that they would have a chance with him. And then the fires get fueled by sites like Tumblr and all the Cosplay and these freaks get the lines between fantasy and reality blurred.
- Oh god there's so much smutty Tom Hiddleston fan fiction on tumblr! It's not even Loki fiction it's directly TH fiction! So creepy!
- I know, it is gross, r432.
- His charity work is getting irritating....how much does he donate?
- Has courting the fan girls/boys ever really worked for an actor? Gerard Butler indulged (indulges?) his legion of crazies and look how shitty his career is. Any examples of where this has worked for an actor's career in the long term? Because, otherwise, I don't know why Hiddleston or his team would go there.
- The charity thing was just a PR move, people are starting to realize that now that he bailed out of that IF rally last weekend.
- Any gossip on him?
His skin still looked like shit at the Much Ado About Nothing premiere yesterday. He really needs to see a derm. Otherwise he looked fantastic,even in the ugly shiny jacket.
- Maybe he was working, r436. Still. He did tweet about a lot.
He really needs to take care of his skin. Looks like it has had a lot sun damage.
- Does he ever miss an opening night? sheesh...famewhore...stay home once in a while.
- I don't know what to think about his shiny jacket. True it's horrid but then again he is a try hard and poor Tom just looks so SO happy to be photographed and his eyes are all happy & sparkly & blue & gorgeous, he might actually pull it off. A for effort poor bby.
- About the Unicef event: there was a huge crowd going to that thing... maybe it was too crazy to handle and there wasn't enough security (being a charity event and not a glamorous one)?
Anyway, it's true that lately he seems less "available"... and even a little annoyed, as it seems from pap's photos...
(or that's because he got caught in a pretty much recognizable cafè??)
I think that his skin is going better, after the terrible appearance in Cannes... but I really don't like the new haircut, though. I suppose it's for the Capa movie... but I still don't like it.
- Well seeing as Bill Gates was there as one of the speakers, I don't see where they would skimp on security. There was an off limits area for celebs from what I understand and Tom was not there. Those thirsty fangirls would have tracked him down, no matter where he was at the event.
He didn't go, that's pretty obvious and if he had no doubt he would have blown up his twitter feed with tweets about being there.
- R441 - His face says, "Leave me alone", but the script in his hand says "LOOK AT ME!!!"
- LOL R443, you are so right. God knows I love him, but how many celebs would go to a coffee shop with a scrip (and carefully facing out so people can see)? It's the only thing that makes me wonder about him... he seems to have this irrepressible thirst for fame/adulation that boarders on the desperate. Otherwise he seems like an unnaturally gracious gentleman. Except for that thing about the banana on the Amsterdam train of course.
- Banana on Amsterdam train? Care to elaborate?
- LSA had some dish on this guy in a recent thread, said he likes young pretty black women, he had a one-off in London with an young American A-A model he picked up at a hotel. I think he's bi.
- Allegedly he watched Daniel Percival eat a banana out of some girl's vagina on a train in Amsterdam.
- He really is a lovely young man,isnt he? I sort of late to the party,but I just saw War Horse and he was the best thing in it!
I predict he will get an nomination/Oscar within the next few years!
- R448 = desperate IP-changing fangurl.
- Rumors seem to be that he ocassionally picks up models for one nighters, but nothing more than that and tries to come off as wanting a woman with brains and an attitude of who gives an eff. Curious to know if the models he's bedded were those ano aliens they try to pass off as high fashion runway or plus size print models (well anyone over a size 0 is plus sized in that industry) who don't eat cotton balls for lunch.
Read an earlier post in this thread that he's into curvy girls, and that brunettes are his thing. Interesting.
- He seems gayish in those photos coming out of the coffee shop.
- its refreshingly sneaky of him to skip the unicef rally after weeks of fangurl goading and he looks so grumpy in those candids buying coffee. he is growing up! aww.
- For a long time Tom Hiddleston has reminded me of someone, but I couldn't figure out who it was. When he was younger and had the curly blonde hair, the Gene Wilder resemblance is pretty amazing, but now with the shorter, reddish hair, he looks less like Wilder and more like someone else.
Today, randomly, I was watching an old episode of Wings, and it hit me. Tom looks a lot like Steven Weber, who played Brian Hacket. He has done a ton of TV, and though not really handsome, he has a sexiness to him, imo. I see that same quality in TH.
- A friend of mine worked closely with him a couple of years ago and told me that his fans are really out of control- they hacked her FB and Twitter accounts and contacted him through them. She had to close both accounts. According to her, straight.
- r454, They really are insane, also heard they got into his facebook, and also hacked his twitter. Bet he regrets ever encouraging them.
- Am I the only one who thinks he's gay/bisexual who just really hasn't met someone special enough to warrant a confession to anyone super close to him? He seems like a very private person who does his thing sexually/relationship wise without much council from others. He (supposedly) enjoys the company of women, but his interactions with Chris Hemsworth just ping my gaydar like it's nobody's business. You don't look out/gush over/compliment/beg for attention from someone like that without having more than friendly feelings. I think if he meets the right person (dude-wise), he may still not come out & say he swings both ways, but I think he may be more apt to admit it to those close to him & perhaps others. I have other theories as to his preferences, but this is the most obvious one to me. That is all.
- Jesus, hacking his Twitter and Facebook? I knew his fans were crazy but I didn't know they were that crazy. Makes sense that he seems to be pulling back a bit now. I was wondering how long he was going to keep up all the fan service
- Still don't understand why there are no gay stories about this guy, or mentions of ex-bf's if people on this thread are saying he's gay/bi. There has to be a shred of evidence somewhere outside of "gaydar/vibes from the mothership and oh he looks gay coming out of a coffee shop". Even actors who are buried deeply in Narnia like closets have at least a whisper about them.
457 posts about him, someone must know something.
- I really hate the crazy aspect of the fandom but it was inevitable. Hacking his fb and twitter--that is a new low. It kind of makes me sad he is pulling back a little but he has to. I loved how accessible he was to fans but that seems to have changed now. The crazies ruin it for everyone else who know better and respect boundaries.
- Some of the fan girls remind me of the Crowe hags.
Tom is a really nice guy. I've met him a few times at various industry parties in NY. No gay vibes, and he didn't check me unfortunately (I'm a guy). Still he was gorgeous in person with a genuine handshake and very polite. Charmer. Not to go into detail about the last time I met him or who he left with etc, but I noticed he left looking coupled up with a woman he didn't arrive with who wasn't as cute as me *wink*. Lets just leave it at that.
I'm bi, and was told on a thread here once that that bi-sexuality in men was actually a myth, so yeah denial in many forms sometimes runs deep around here.
- R461 I want my fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery. Spill.
- Seriously. Description required.
- [R461] Can you give any other details? Which event this was at and such...?
- There will probably be a time when there is a Brad Pitt moment where he comes home and a fan is sleeping in his bed while wearing his clothes.....
- r465, that would most likely happen.
- I think most of them are too fat to fit in his clothes