- Any gays or lesbians this season? Any cute guys?
- The world is waiting for you....
- Some gays I believe. I do wish this were on a weeknight. Football usually messes up the schedule. Lots to record tonight.
Revenge, that one with Vanessa Williams, Dexter, Homeland, Masterpiece Theatre, Boardwalk Empire.
a week's worth of shows in one night. Thank goodness for On Demand.
- I'm rooting for Josh & Brent!
- Big Brother contestants Shane and Danielle from the just finished season are close to signing on for the spring edition of Race
- Looking forward to the premiere! But I hope the rumor about Shane and Danielle from Big Brother isn't true. If the rumor is true, though, I wonder what story will the editors try to give Shane and Danielle?
- How many chances at stardom is CBS going to give reality-show whores?
- I wish Polka Spot could join Josh & Brent on the race, but she'd probably eat the clue at a crucial moment.
- Shane and Danielle would be good for TAR. They could continue the storyline of Danielle hoping to get Shane to fall in love with her while all Shane has eyes for are dollar signs and Phil's bulge.
- Brent and Josh are "Life Partners?" Do gay couples really use that term to describe their relationship? If so, it's pretty sad.
- Oh, and they're counting on the winnings to help make life better...
- I don't believe the Shane and Danielle rumor.
- I hate all of them and it hasn't started.
- Josh's boyfriend's boobies bounce.
The rock guys are interesting. I don't think they'll go as far as they think they will.
Mutt and Jeff look like fun.
The bossy man, submissive woman look irritating.
The Chips. No complaint.
The Monster truckers. This years dumb rednecks?
- A height challenge right off the bat. Nice.
- There's ALWAYS rapelling...why do people with fear of heights agree to be on the Race?
- 3 official gays, the beekman boys who are partners, but according to CBS they're "goat farmers". James the chippendale, looks good but with the personality of a queeny black man.
- Is it in the Chippendale dancers contract that they be patted down with oil? They were glistening.
- Hmm. People with rolling suitcases (monster truckers) never win.
- Worst food challenge ever.
- Phil's bulge showed up early!
- Love the kid using the clue to play against the MT's.
- Hey bitches!!!!
Sorry I petered out last season. But I am back.
- Josh is in last place.
- WOW! A food challenge in the first episode.
- Read the clues, dumbass!
- What's for dessert Gisele? Welcome back!
- Why do the gay couples have to be weird? Goat Farmers? Are the tall and short guy gay?
- In another thread someone mentioned that Josh is a Datalounger. Which one is Josh?
- Screen caps and video clips please!
For those of us not watching it
- The mix 'n match tall/short team seem gay, too.
- Josh is the Josh who used to post here, right? Used to do drag?
The twin Sisters voices make me want to turn off the sound.
The girl with the prosthetic legs looks frail. She's already turned a lighter shade of pale.
- R27 - a toss up between a pack of Devil Dogs or a banana split.
- I bet this will be one of those 'to be continued' episodes.. too many teams behind.
- Jaymes didn't really use his chopsticks to eat the frog lady parts, either.
- Peptones = Pepto
- It can't be, R34. People are already placing.
- How the fuck did Rob & Kelley and the annoying twins get done so fast?
- Ruh roh. The peelers are in danger.
- The India girls were annoying until they did the frogs. Loved the dancing and the good sportsmanship.
- Looks like the eye candy will be going home soon!
- How many of them didn't know what an abacus was?
- I think the twins are very likable. James and Jaymes don't seem to bright.
- Oh well, they were nice to look at while they lasted.
- YAY! J and B are not last.
- Oh well, I guess they're still around one more week.
- Can't stand the lumberjacks. GO TEAM STRIPPER.
- The beefcake made it.
- "James and Jaymes don't seem to bright."
Neither does someone who doesn't spell well.
- It seems like the guy divorcee might be gay too. He certainly pings. And like Shane from BB wouldn't be the first gay guy to plat straight to get 15 minutes on TV.
- He's a lumberjack and he's not okay.
- Was Rosie O hired to choose the music cues for this season? The music over the Shanghai sequences were particularly "chung ching chow" tonight.
- I'm just glad it's back. Oh, Amazing Race, you should be called the astounding race!
- Wow, so glad the first couple philiminated was that annoying "him, Tarzan..me, Jane" pair. Talk about dumb. Look for the "lady with the abascus!"
First place guy is a jerk. "Oh she is going to be a real threat!" (even if she has two prosthetic legs.) So fucking condescending.
- [quote]Brent and Josh are "Life Partners?" Do gay couples really use that term to describe their relationship? If so, it's pretty sad.
Are you 12? That term has been in use for eons, though many abbreviate it "partners." Plus, to be technical, Josh & Brent are now fiances, though I think the proposal occurred after taping. Anyway, good for them for coming back from behind! (and I hope Josh doesn't fuck up and be too nice like he was at the airport, which kept them from getting the first flight) Odd that they're described as "goat farmers," without mention that either a) they're a couple and b) they have their own reality show.
Do we have official confirmation that the blond Chippendale is gay, or are we assuming it just from his voice? I can't decide if it's actual gay voice or just a Southern twang. Or both.
Unfortunately there's no one I actively hate this season (except *maybe* the usual set of nearly identical blonde bimbos every TAR season seems to have). Jaymes, James and Trey provide some nice, beefy eye candy. I can see myself starting to hate the redneck with the bleached mohawk and the wife whose lips appear to have sucked down four packs of Parliaments a day for the past 30 years.
Also, who knew that Shanghai was so blistering hot in the summer? I thought most of China was fairly mild, though I know Shanghai's not in the mountains or anything (though it's certainly much further north than Beijing).
- [quote]Also, who knew that Shanghai was so blistering hot in the summer? I thought most of China was fairly mild
I've spent some time in southern China. It's freaking scorching in the summer, and I'm from the deep south.
- They didn't say that Josh and Brent were gay, but they did show them holding hands.
- Are the Chippendales boyfriends?
- Jaymes seems a little high maintenance.
- The bio blurb says they're just friends:
- I can't believe the differently abled girl gave up a leg by pointing out the Chinese woman in the red dress to the team that beat them. She sounded like she was on a self-pity jag that was mercifully cut short by the editors at CBS.
- We had an eyebrow during the intro!
- His jeans did his butt no favors though.
- Boyfriend for ex-Racer Charla!
- They have no black people this season. How hard is it for them to find one? Reality shows act like they're as rare as unicorns.
I root against all the twins and look alikes. Nothing more annoying than trying to figure out which one said what.
I was relieved the Chippendales made it.
Josh & Brent seem to be very slow and don't appear to have that aggressive, competitive edge needed for this race. Maybe they'll improve.
- Josh needs to whip out some of Aqua's attitude. There's no one as fierce as a drag queen who wants a free drink.
- Remember when Mirna wanted to consult with a street walker on the quickest way to that South American night club with all the soap suds? I love that woman. Making Charla do all the heavy lifting and eating challenges....Charla hauling that humongus fish, falling on her face in that miniature suit of armor...they were priceless.
- Here, Charla, eat this ostritch egg.
- I was disappointed that there were no blacks either, but they're incredibly spotty contestants. Twice the black couple, one gay couple, one straight couple, couldn't even finish the first leg. But blacks have won and placed well in this series. This is the first race without any isn't it?
- As soon as Monster Trucker picked up the papaya, I said to myself, "damn, now he's going to have to eat twice as much". Read the clues!
- The thread spoiler has ruined my hopes for Josh and Brent. We haven't had a great gay couple in ages. I think the last was the unforgettable Mary who physically swam, hauling their rowboat to an elimination with his exhausted chubby partner inside. It made me so angry that they weren't the players of the week the following Sunday. They were a spectacle.
- Love it when teams literally run past a clue.
"We're looking for a woman with an octopus."
- While a gay couple hasn't won in awhile, I will point out that Kisha (of Jen/Kisha) who won the "Second Chance" Race is happily out.
- [quote]The India girls
Sri Lanka is not part of India.
- Chippendales just how I like 'em, overly pumped and dumb. They would have deserved elimination but glad they made it.
The guys in the straight dating couples are all pretty hot. Eye candy.
This show used to have more to offer other than the scenery and feeling superior to the contestants.
- I love TAR!! I thought the Chippy boys would be eliminated but I hated to see the couple come in last,too...
That fallopian tube challenge would have been the end for me-I'm sensitive about what I put in my mouth!
- If you want to see black people, just watch a football
or basketball game.
- We're talking about black folks on TAR,smart ass at r77. Stop deflecting.
- I vote the jujitsu guy as this year's wife beater
- I'm glad Josh's BF has found another way to show the whole nation that he is a pissy annoyance.
The unforgiving lighting on this program showed me something I had not realized before: He wears a hairpiece.
- r55 needs to review her geography. Beijing is NORTH of Shanghai, hon.
- r55, jaymes, the blond chippendale, is out. He came out publicly this year and is on the cover of instinct magazine. Oddly enough he's the only black guy on the show. He's part black, the only way you can tell is his black personality.
- Both of the Chippendales seem strenuously stupid.
Honestly, none of the contestants seems particularly bright.
- kinda boring.
- [quote]Oddly enough he's the only black guy on the show. He's part black, the only way you can tell is his black personality.
Seriously?? He does not look even remotely black, and the blond highlights certainly don't help in that regard. In any event, is there some sort of "rule" that there needs to be two African-Americans on every season? We have two Sri Lankan sisters who were born in Queens but grew up in Sri Lanka. Doesn't that "count" for something as far as persons of color go?
Btw as much as I hate to say it, I doubt Josh & Brent will win or even go very far. They're both very smart, but from what I know about them, neither has done much travel outside the U.S., and it's pretty obvious that neither has much athletic ability. Almost without exception it's pairs that are in at least reasonably good shape who make it to the final rounds. Also, they're both too damn *nice*, which is not a compliment as far as this show is concerned! They need to push their way in front of lines and backstab whoever the fuck they can.
- [quote]Honestly, none of the contestants seems particularly bright.
Josh's partner Brent is an M.D. and solicited $50 million from Martha Stewart to fund the construction and operations of a geriatric wing at one of the main NYC hospitals. You don't think that requires smarts?
- Speaking of Martha Stewart, did anyone else recognize Ryan (of the first-place finishing "Dating Divorcees" from San Diego) from the ill-fated "Apprentice: Martha Stewart" spinoff?
He was, IIRC, the second runner-up. Bethenny Frankel also missed out on the top prize on that show.
- He looked familiar R87, but I never would have made that connection (I did watch Marthas version of Apprentice)
- The dark haired gay partner looks like Simon Falls and the tiny guy from the other team looks like a squished and shaken John Stamos!
- [quote] Oddly enough he's the only black guy on the show. He's part black
Wow, I would never have guessed the guy on the left is black, but if you say so.
[quote] Speaking of Martha Stewart, did anyone else recognize Ryan (of the first-place finishing "Dating Divorcees" from San Diego) from the ill-fated "Apprentice: Martha Stewart" spinoff?
Wow, was that him? Hmmph. I always thought he was gay, and had a fling with Howie from that same show.
Overall, I'd have to say that I'm not thrilled about any of the teams this season. Nobody stands out as interesting, save for the Chippendales, and they are sure to go home soon.
I like teams with interesting background stories and good personalities, but so far, I'm not impressed.
- ..the discussion of race in this thread is at a second grade level... i for one am glad we are now at a point where sometimes people "can't tell" whether someone who looks 'white' has other racial heritage floating through his or her veins.
maybe in another couple of centuries -- if humans are still here -- everyone will be a lovely shade of caramel.
- He says is brother and sister are biracial:
- [quote]i for one am glad we are now at a point where sometimes people "can't tell" whether someone who looks 'white' has other racial heritage floating through his or her veins.
Well, the Senator from Massachusetts can tell!
- Jaymes actually sounds kind of sweet in that article. I hope he's not a Reichen in disguise.
- If he says his siblings are biracial without including himself, then doesn't that make you think he's NOT biracial? Like maybe his mom had a relationship with a black guy after he was born?
- There seem to be three gay teams.
Someone earlier mention the Chinese music overlays, but that was just all the pinging going on.
I was hoping Chippendale would lose.
The only eye-candy this season is straight Trey.
- Trey, the Texas football player, is freakin dreamy. I would follow him around the world, who cares about the challenges.
I like the Chippendales more than I thought I would. But why do they have "Chippendales" on their clothes and backpacks? Are they being sponsored?
Are the Monster Truck couple the first team to be shown tugging rolling suitcases instead of wearing backpacks? They won't last long, I'm afraid. They seem fun.
- "Josh" and his partner...
They both seem so hungry for attention. Josh, while I have nothing personally against the man, made the Datalounge a sea of Josh threads back when he published his book, and many people ended up banned from the site for showing their irritation with and frustration at him.
The partner I know used to be on the Martha Stewart show until he was let go and they've since ended up in New York magazines and done the Planet Green show.. NOW I look up at the television and I see them yet again. This time, the story is that they "became unemployed and bought a goat farm" which just isn't true.
I wish both of them good things but they're both so incredibly hungry for attention and validation that it must keep them awake at night.
- A bit of a tangent, but, holy shit, Asians will eat anything! Frog fallopian tubes!?
You know they spun some bullshit that it has some health benefit and/or stimulates one sexually. They always play that card for consuming something ridiculous.
- I'd totally fuck that midgets holes!
- This is going to be the best season in years! Finally, the producers picked some good gay couples.
Despite what they say, BOTH of the Chippendales are gay. It couldn't be more obvious. The Substitutes are gay, too.
The divorcee who finished first is a closet case. He pings off the charts.
I think you have 7 gay guys on this year's show.
- I was fascinated by that,too,r99-so much so that I had to look it up! It's called Hasma,and like they said, it is a 'desert' in that country. Yuck!
- In that article R92 linked to, James states: "I was born this scrawny, pasty white kid with bad teeth, bad skin and bad hair. So I tell everyone: Don’t believe everything you see and don’t kill yourself to look a certain way. Be happy with what you got,” he says.
He's white and it's his siblings who're biracial. "He also remembers the discrimination his mixed-race family faced. (His little brother and sister are bi-racial: African-American and Caucasian. “But we are a colorblind family!”).
He's like the blond child of Heidi Klum with the biracial brothers and sister.
And there's no law that says they need to have a black couple, the same way there's no law that says there should be gay people either. It's just nice to see a race that's a huge part of the United States actually represented and everyone being the same is boring.
Now who's going to weep when they visit the African continent?
- Michael K at Dlisted is so silly! He says it looked like Jaymes was slurping up more than just fallopian tubes in that task!
- Correction: Jaymes
- I'm white and I would weep if I were to visit Africa. It's the cradle of civilization. That's incredibly humbling.
- R102, Hasma is a [italic]desert[/italic]? Is that anywhere near the Gobi?
- The Amazing Race (2.5/6), which just earned another best reality competition series Emmy, was down 17% for its lowest-rated premiere ever.
- I've never watched this show, but tuned in last night because Josh being on and all the Emmys got my interest.
I thought it was pretty boring. I thought it was going to require skill, but it was more like a Fear Factor gross-out.
- Wow. The ratings were bad. And they can't even blame it on football. I thought it was a solid opener myself. They've done better, but Amazing Race is a marathon, not a sprint.
- I need a fucking better lead-in!
- [quote]The thread spoiler has ruined my hopes for Josh and Brent.
Don't believe everything you read. J&B make it farther then the "spoiler" wants us to believe.
- How many times can we watch the same show over and over? I'm amazed it's lasted this long
- Yeah R87, I noticed Ryan from Martha Stewart Apprentice immediately but I have a little crush on him. He is very cut throat but that woman was ridiculous to tell them where the lady was. I would've just said, "Keep looking!"
The India girls are so annoying, can't wait until they go.
- I did recognize Ryan but had to look him up to recall from where. He looks like he could have done gay porn. And not gay-for-pay.
I love that the one metal rocker brother is named Abba. He must have hated having to explain that back in the 70s and 80s.
- Where was TAR on time last night? It didn't start until 8:37 in my area. A start that late probably pissed off more thn a few viewers. I really don't understand why the producers don't insist CBS move it to anotyher night to avoid this shit.
- [quote]Jaymes actually sounds kind of sweet in that article. I hope he's not a Reichen in disguise.
Well, he's not "married" to his on-camera partner, so he can't dump him three weeks after the finale to pursue fame and "fortune" in Hollywood.
[quote]"Josh" and his partner... They both seem so hungry for attention. Josh, while I have nothing personally against the man, made the Datalounge a sea of Josh threads back when he published his book, and many people ended up banned from the site for showing their irritation with and frustration at him.
Clearly, your recall is faulty. (Have you had a check-up for early Alzheimer's?) Criticism of Josh never resulted in "many bannings" from the site, and it reached its peak not when Josh's first book came out, but rather when it became known that he was friends with known fabulist James Frey. It is a conspiracy theory, and nothing more, than criticizing an authenticated poster on here will lead to bannings unless the behavior is truly batshit-crazy.
[quote]The partner I know used to be on the Martha Stewart show until he was let go and they've since ended up in New York magazines and done the Planet Green show.. NOW I look up at the television and I see them yet again. This time, the story is that they "became unemployed and bought a goat farm" which just isn't true.
Brent was never a permanent fixture on Martha's show; he was merely a frequent guest, as was Nate Berkus for years on "Oprah." At no point was he "let go." Both Josh and Brent VOLUNTARILY left their NYC jobs (Josh in advertising, Brent in medicine) to pursue their Beekman farm project, a hybrid of both reality-show fame (btw their show is now on The Cooking Channel, not Green Planet) and a genuine day-to-day enjoyment of country life, with a side line in e-commerce sales of soaps and goods produced by their farm-animal coterie.
At no point was it stated in their TAR intro that they "became unemployed" and then bought the farm; on the contrary, they bought it while BOTH still employed and ultimately decided to leave their city jobs to run it full-time (though Brent did that earlier than Josh did).
- [quote]Where was TAR on time last night? It didn't start until 8:37 in my area.
West Coast? It started on time in Eastern and Central. Btw you may as well just set your DVR now to record an hour after the stated show time (or just record "The Good Wife"); there wasn't a delay for most of the country this week, but there inevitably will be at multiple points in the fall.
- [quote]A bit of a tangent, but, holy shit, Asians will eat anything! Frog fallopian tubes!?
Actual Chinese food - not American Chinese food - is fucking terrifying to most people.
- LOL, I have to agree that I thought Jaymes' slurping up the fallopian dessert spilled all over the red tablecloth did look like a scene from a porn film where the cum lover cleans up every last drop of the "give it to me, baby" juice. In fact, he did the task quite well!
- [At no point was it stated in their TAR intro that they "became unemployed" and then bought the farm; on the contrary, they bought it while BOTH still employed and ultimately decided to leave their city jobs to run it full-time (though Brent did that earlier than Josh did).]
Go back and watch the intros. We all know the real story, but they DID say that they lost their jobs and bought a farm. I thought it a little strange, too. But maybe they just edited their story for a one-line intro.
- Actually, they both lost their jobs about a year after they bought the farm. Then Josh got a new job but Brent stayed unemployed and worked on the soap business. That is just about the time the reality show started filming.
- I don't know why, but the premier left me underwhelmed. MTV's Challenge - Battle of Seasons on the other hand features a lot of gay Real World members from various seasons (like Cancun, New Orleans, etc.) and hot guys (like Zach from Real World: San Diego).
Last Amazing Race season was also the first one I gave up on at around one third of its run.
The two million dollars twist sounds pretty stupid to me since it only puts a big target on the team's back that came first in the first episode.
- What's the truth about Josh and Brent?
[quote]ultimately decided to leave their city jobs to run it full-time
[quote]Actually, they both lost their jobs about a year after they bought the farm.
"Decided to leave their city jobs" says that they quit/resigned their jobs.
"Lost their jobs" says that they were fired or laid off.
In their interviews, on-air and in CBS's "Meet the Teams" videos, the implication is clear, that they're running the goat farm because they had no other choice but to do so after "within six months we both lost our jobs."
Are they creating a fictional back-story involuntary job loss because it sounds better than "we wanted to leave the city to run a goat farm."?
- According to Josh's last book, they both lost their jobs in 2008 because of the recession. They almost split up, but somehow got the reality show and slowly patched things up. Josh is the one who wanted to run the farm, but got a new job in Advertising so had to stay in NYC weekdays while Brent stayed on the farm. That was the plot of most of the reality series. Who knows what the story is these days, since the show went off the air. And yes, they are major attention whores.
- Am I the only one who thought it was douchey of the couple that won the leg to get the info from the chick with no legs and then run past her to win?
- [quote]According to Josh's last book, they both lost their jobs in 2008 because of the recession. They almost split up, but somehow got the reality show and slowly patched things up. Josh is the one who wanted to run the farm, but got a new job in Advertising so had to stay in NYC weekdays while Brent stayed on the farm.
Okay, I stand corrected, but in my defense, I haven't read Josh's most recent book. I can easily see why Josh would've been laid off due to the recession, but couldn't Brent just go back into geriatric medicine? (as recession-proof a job as it gets)
[quote]Who knows what the story is these days, since the show went off the air. And yes, they are major attention whores.
Actually, the show's *still* on the air, but these days it's on the Cooking Channel, for some reason. I would assume the story these days is that they're supporting themselves from a combination of Beekman farm-product revenues, compensation for their reality show and probably for special appearances now that they've become minor "gay celebrities" (I spotted them at the last GLAAD awards doing the red-carpet thing).
- I hope the Kelly Kapoors² get Philiminated soon.
Mirna not Millionaire
- [quote]Odd that they're described as "goat farmers," without mention that either a) they're a couple and b) they have their own reality show.
a) EVERYONE knows they're gay. No need to announce it when the gayvoice speaks for itself.
b) The t-shirts broadcast it enough as it is.
- I've been watching TAR since Season 10, I'm black and it's probably the most diverse show on TV, no one can claim they don't make an effort to have on as many different types of people as possible. I don't mind that there's no black team this season, actually it's a relief because I get stressed out wanting them to do well or win, now I can relax a little and enjoy the show a little more.
The Shanghai skyline was really beautiful. I'm so happy TAR is back!
- I'm hoping they have a speedo challenge this season. It seems like forever since they last had a swimming challenge. What season was it where Phil posed in a speedo when introducing the challenge?
- A couple of seasons ago, they did a bodybuilding challenge in Austria. Lots of eye-candy. The guys all had to wear skimpy posing briefs, oil up their bodies, and do posing routines. Thank goodness Charla wasn't on that season.
- Google "Josh Kilmer Purcell" and explain the #2 hit that appears....
- Josh is the taller one?
- R132 Yeah, she would have kicked all their asses. Then she and her cousin would have mocked them all calling them a bunch of pussies.
- R132, I remember that challenge. At the time, there was still an older guy in the running and he had a surprisingly hot body for his age.
- You can't be black making dumb statements like that,r130.
And the gay couple are boring. I'm surprised there's so much talk about them on this thread.
- Starting time is supposed to be at 8:30 but with games, might be starting later.
- Oh, dear. CBS!!! And throughout the season, on the East Coast, whenever there are double-header football games on CBS (that means, 2, for those of you way-sports-ignorant), it will start at 8:30 (I read this several places, so there.)
Sunday night CBS troll, in NY State
- R131- They were in Russia I believe and the contestants had to run through the streets in their underwear. There was a shot of Phil in black underwear as he was describing the challenge.
- Gisele, what's on the Amazing Race menu for tonight?
Minsky's left over combo pizza for me.
- Hello TARers -
Hoping we get a nice shot of PhilBulge21; Tommy's is just meh.
Starting in a couple of minutes..
- Too much good TV on Sunday. Race, Revenge, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Homeland, Masterpiece Theatre.... need a chart just to program everything.
- I'll have what she's having.
- The little girl in the glasses with Phil is adorable!! I want one! (I should call Angelina.)
- ARE gays naturally better at balloon animals?
- "The most badass Sri Lankans you will ever meet"
I wouldn't doubt that.
- The sisters could get eliminated and I wouldn't mind. Not at all.
- I love their enthusiasm.
- I still don't understand how the girl with two prosthetic legs is a huge thread, per the guy who came in first place last week. Is he presuming she doesn't feel any fatigue or has some bionic implants?
- You mean is he and idiot? I would have thought that was evident.
- I'd love to party with the Sri Lankans, the Chippendales and the male from the dating divorcees.
- The gay farmers are The Fabulous Beekman Boy.
- So are the goats taking care of themselves during the race?
- DAMN!! I liked them.
- I like the Chippendales too. Did someone mention that Josh, the goat farmer,posts here?
- Were those the people who came in first last time?
- He used to, R156, and may still post here anonymously, but I haven't seen a post by him in a long time.
- R157 - they came in second on the first leg.
- I want a tee shirt which says "Beggars Are My Homeboys"
- R156, read the fucking thread.
- Always sad when a strong and likeable team gets hosed by a bad cab driver.
- I always hate it when the teams start yelling at the cab drivers.
1) The drivers probably speak little to no English. 2) The drivers may be poor and driving a cab is one of the few ways to earn money. 3) The cabs are not going to be state of the art and are probably years out of service. 4)Screaming and yelling things such as "I want to go THERE!", "GO FASTER!", etc is never helpful as it seems in any language.
- Watching Will tremble during the balloon challenge while Gary yelled at him was uncomfortable. On last week's episode, Gary snapped at Will and Will responded by saying "Yes Sir." It gave off a Marcie/Peppermint-Patty vibe. Very odd.
- Geeze, get on the back of a scooter and ride to the finish line and get a clue. So exciting!
It would have been if they had tortured the racers like they tortured the animals to make them go faster.
On the other hand, a little girl with big glasses giving out clues was the cutest thing ever.
"I like your nails!"
- Mr. Monster Truck seems like he could be abusive.
I felt bad for Mr. Charla.
- I was hoping Will and Gary would be the new Mirna and Charla but the camp factor isn't there. They're too intense.
- I'm finding this season to be a real snooze.
- I stopped watching after the 1st ep.
Too many good shows on Sunday night.
- The substitute teachers are tough to watch. They give off a lot of bad energy. The tall one in particular seems to be very angry and sad.
the tall one must post here
- Snoozefest of an episode.
- All I want to know is when we can expect to see Phil and the peelers in some speedos.
- [quote]I felt bad for Mr. Charla.
They were the ones who claimed to be "super fans" of the Race...the last guys who did that were out at the 3rd episode.
A lot harder than it looks, huh guys?
- I was devastated that the team with the proselytizec legs were doomed by the bad taxi. I wonder if she had chosen the scythe type legs if she would've beaten the Texans to the mat in the first episode. At least the two million dollar incentive is still intact, but I haven't heard such over the top mooning over a mate's manliness outside of Olive Oyl in a Popeye cartoon.
- I think it's time to put down the Shiraz, R174.
- LOVED proselytizes chick and her very hot HUGE penis bf. GOD! He was fucking hot!
- I'd love to fuck every hole on Will. I bet he has a beer can size dick! Yum!
- Nice, that the Beekman boys are still in it. But they fade so much in the background that I hope they hang around for some time like the straight/gay brother team which won a couple of seasons ago (beating the Cowboy brothers).
- Trey's cute.
- The Beekman Boys fade into the background until they open their mouths and a horrible bleating sound comes out.
- Starting in a few minutes (around 8:20). Thankfully "The Walking Dead" repeats at 10:00!
- Walking Dead repeats at 11 PM cst., midnight est.
- I kind of like Jaymes. He seems like a big doofus. A big, sexy doofus.
- God, this season blows. First team at the pitstop a half hour into the show? Snooze.
- Gisele must have had a football game that we didn't have here. Race started on time.
And R183- I agree. I like Jaymes too.
- It's not a great season.
- [quote]The Beekman Boys fade into the background until they open their mouths and a horrible bleating sound comes out.
I love you.
- Not liking the tall guy on the teacher team; he's so condescending to his partner.
- Uturn used exactly as it should be: when you're near the back of the pack and KNOW who else is behind you. No doubt Mr. Charla & friend will have a hissy.
- R185 - Tommy's game went late tonight on the East Coast; the fucker SUCKED tonight!
Hoping to see some PhilBulge v21.
- I want to see Bo and his jandras
- Whoa, Charla and Mirna were lucky.
- Couldn't Monster Truckers have U-Turned the twins? Therefore they would have beat them? I forget how these things work.
- You can only Uturn people behind you...I THINK the twins were ahead of the monster truckers at the time.
- THIS is why we win the Emmy every year!
- Just read the rules, you can only U-turn a trailing team.
- Hate to see Racers yelling and screaming at non-English speaking third world drivers. "Don't you speak ENGLISH?!" The safe bet is that they don't.
- I like the Russian mobster going to all of the dinner theaters around the country, and they are all doing Mame.
- Oh, please don't let the salt of the earth Monster Truckers fall prey to the locals next week. They're the one team America is behind.
- Non-elimination round?
- [quote]Non-elimination round?
Feels about time for one. Are they headed to India next?
- Dye Job Chippendale is so damn irritating.
Mr. Monster Truck looks like a rooster.
- The one Chippendale said he is from Virginia...anyone know where?
- LOL R199
Glad the eye candy didn't get eliminated yet. Also like the shrieky Sri Lankans.
- The Trucker guy and the Teachers are no fun to watch.
- The teachers are the worst. They're not going to last too much longer, though, I'm sure. It was the blonde bitches' stupidity that got them through this week.
- I like the teams that are left, longhairs excepted.
- Who was Phil-iminated?
- [quote] Uturn used exactly as it should be: when you're near the back of the pack and KNOW who else is behind you.
I agree that it was a great use of the Uturn, r189.
But I also think it would be smart if a team had Uturned the Sri Lanka twins to try to get them to use their Express Pass.
That thing puts the other teams at a huge disadvantage.
- Do the other teams know who has the Express Pass though?
- If those girls hadn't quietly sneaked up on Male Charla and Mirna, I think they girls could have beaten them on a foot race to Phil. I bet Male Charla can't run very fast.
- Give the substitute teachers a bit of credit. They were the only ones who had to do both challenges because of the U-Turn, and they still finished before the blondies.
Have we established for a fact that both Chippendales are gay? Do the other teams know that there are two gay teams?
I expect that we'll be getting a few borderline homophobic comments soon.
- The Chipmunks couldn't be less sexy if they tried, especially the hillbilly with the bad dye job.
- The Chippendales don't get eliminated before going to Amsterdam according to the first week's "this season on TAR" segment. They were clearly shown in Amsterdam.
- The blonde girls must have wasted/lost an enormous amount of time in the pedicab, given that Charla-Mirna got the U-turn.
- This is a mighty slow thread if no one has yet commented on Jaymes' line, "I don't know how many dudes have had their mouth on this thing before me."
- I want to fuck that midget's holes so bad!!!!!!!!!
- I'm beginning to like Jaymes the Chippendale more. I like the soft Southern accent and the combination of being slightly dumb, funny & hot.
I'm surprised that Josh & Brent are so laid back. You can't win the Amazing Race with that attitude. Plus I thought they'd show a lot more personality given they're TV pros. You'd think they'd do everything they could to sell themselves and get airtime.
- [quote]Do the other teams know that there are two gay teams?
Since there is team Helen Keller, yes. Everyone knows.
Mr. Charla is repulsive... those faces he was making while eating turned my stomach.
- Glad those screaming, nasty blondes are out.
- Who would have guessed that the Monster Trucker guy would utter the words: "Git 'er done!"
I'm thinking that when you are a little female and you are going to try to carry that many plates to a table, you may want to remove that heavy backpack first.
Those poor blondes having to get Indonesian drivers who don't understand or speak English. How awful for them.
- Its even funnier that the Monster Truck guy talks like that and is from Boston.
- [quote] I like the soft Southern accent and the combination of being slightly dumb, funny & hot.
...except, as we found out tonight, he's from Virginia, which is not in the South. (Girlfriend's faking the accent, in other words.)
- I'm so happy that Barbie & Skipper came in last, with their nasty, entitled attitudes.
Josh & Brent seem to be enjoying themselves.
At least they got some camera time this episode.
- [quote]...except, as we found out tonight, he's from Virginia, which is not in the South. (Girlfriend's faking the accent, in other words.)
Virginia's not in the South? Could've fooled us!
- I thought Josh was joking when he mentioned having authored a cookbook during the egg challenge. Yet, there it is for sale on amazon. I like the guy but enough already.
- Josh had a lot of personality and humor when he used to post on DL, but he's so boring on TAR.
- Is there REALLY someone from DL on TAR 21? I thought I remembered seeing something like that a long time ago, but I don't know what to believe around here.
- R223 Virginia was Southern enough in the Civil War. The national capital of the Confederacy was Richmond, Virginia and it was home to confederate president Jefferson Davis. It also ratified secession from the Union.
It was a state divided but enough of those southern gents moved there and they probably have descendants living today that it's entirely possible for some people there to have southern accents.
- R228, yes, Josh Kilmer-Purcell was a frequent poster here for years, as josh(authenticated).
- Not all of Virginia is a DC suburb.
Jaymes is from Chesterfield, VA (between Richmond and the NC border).
- And, plenty of those southern VA boys have cute accents (and big uncut cocks).
- Don't believe a thing you read around here, r288.
- Make that r228.
- Welcome home!
- I never left, r235. That's what makes it so fun.
I can't add any more to this thread (for obvious reasons,) but thanks to those who wish us well. I do appreciate it.
- Oh wow, so it's true! Congrats on making onto the show!
- you're the most handsome and darling team there, r26.
- Tommy's game went late tonight, so AR will be late tonight on the East Coast (by almost an hour).
- Why are Jaymes and James always so fucking slow at everything? They're hot, but lord they're dense.
- It's on Gisele!!!
Papa Murphy's pizza in the oven
- Love the Race but I wish they'd go to France, Germany, the UK, Russia. I am so tired of the third world countries..
- "LONG, STRONG & HARD!"
- Well I ain't eatin' while they are baggin' rats.
DVR THIS and over to "Revenge" and Gabriel Mann!!!
- Pausing eating on the rat challenge.
- Oh hell no! The fast forward is not worth the rat task!
- LOL Gisele! Me too.
- Can they shove a fucking rat down the throat of that fucking twin??!?!??!?
- Hate the twins...
- Those rock "stars" (the kind no one has ever heard of) are repulsive and need to go home. Cannot stand to look at those lame geezers.
- Aqua! Gets a shoutout!
- Hope we get a challenge where the Chippendales have to strip down.
- Shut up Mr. Mirna and Charla. You've been giving your exit speech for 3 episodes. And no, you didn't let down "all the fans" of the Amazing Race.
- Crying as I type.
- Happy with tonight's result. Time for those 2 to go.
- Ack, that rat thingy had me pushing buttons on the remote too.
One of these racing couples had better get me interested in them pretty soon, because I ain't never felt so apathetic about any of the racers before this edition of the race. Even the alleged eye candy isn't doing anything to prick up my interest. I do have an irrational hate for the Monster Truckers, but it's really just him. What a fucking stereotype.
Even Phil looked like a tool in that hat.
- Those Sri Lankan sisters are so shrill.
- I want to be pampered at a luxury resort spah.
- Hoping Trey makes it to a speedo challenge.
- Besides the gay team, the only other good looking boy is the one attatched to the swooning Texan blond. "Oh, you scared the teachers off with your muscles.."
- I'm salivating at the thought of Trey going shirtless.
Bad Dye Job Chip still drives me crazy with his big mouth. Twinsies' mouths are even bigger though.
Give it up for Rooster Cogburn on the bus challenge. He's old and fat, but got it done.
- COME ON TWINNIE!
- Is there something wrong with the Indian people? That whole country/continent seems terminally depressed. People washing in/bathing in/drinking the same water,garbage everywhere,so many gigantic rats that killing them is a national sport it seems. How can such otherwise smart and intelligent people live like this? I have a huge pet peeve about liter-if you see garbage in the street,especially in your neighborhood,how hard is it to pick it up?!! Anyway...
The sisters are a force to be reckoned with. They're quick on their feet,and are persistent in challenges. I'm with the person who expressed dismay at Jaymes and James poor showing each episode. Nice attitude,but they might as well be senior citizens! And next weeks preview looks like they fare no better. I like them,reminds me the Bopper team from last season,but I don't think they have what it takes to go far in this game.
The Teachers got a rather quick send of for supposed fans of the show. I think the tall one made them unlikeable. Too bad for the smaller,nicer one.
The Trucker guy can't get eliminated fast enough for me!
- (You do realize they weren't in India, right?)
- I cannot stand the Sri Lankan twinnies. Their incessant screaming makes the entire show difficult for me to watch. I was hoping that at the end of their metal spike-forging challenge, the blacksmith would drive the spike into their shrill screaming heads.
Oh, and how about those lovely "you just cost me a million dollars!" monster truck drivers? Typical scuzzyy, Republicunt behavior. Not sure if I heard correctly, but did the narration also say they were ministers?
In their cast bio interview on the CBS website: Pet peeve about your teammate: [italic] I don’t like when Rob farts in public.[/italic]
Jaymes' crack sweat
- Has there ever been any indication that the Chippendales (or any other team for that matter) knew who the Beekman Boys were before they started the race?
I don't have a good feel for how well known they are so I don't know if any of the teams (but especially the known gay Jaymes) would be aware of these guys. I'm gay, but have only heard of them from reading this board and other sites like AfterElton. I've never seen their show (it might be on a cable channel I don't have) and wouldn't have recognized either their names or faces if I met them.
It was amusing when Jaymes found out the taller guy has done drag and asked what his drag name was.
- Josh, in this episode, it seems like your team and the Chippendales are getting along really well - perhaps even forming a coalition. When it's appropriate, we'd love to hear your thoughts on doing the race with James & Jaymes.
- [quote]Has there ever been any indication that the Chippendales (or any other team for that matter) knew who the Beekman Boys were before they started the race?
You'd think he would have known about AquaDisiac if he'd known who Josh was.
- Yes, Trey and Alexis seem to have gotten lost in this thread, despite doing well until last night. Trey may be the best looking guy with the best body TAR has had for a number of seasons. So I want at least a speedo contest,
or a soft-core porn spin off.
- "You spread and I'll pound."
- The goat farmers try to chat up Trey (wearing shorts)
- Funny video. The goat farmers tell their life story in 2 minutes, name dropping like crazy. Alexis is very interested. Trey is like, please do not touch me.
- The Amazing Race (2.3/5) was down 12% from last week.
- [quote]One of these racing couples had better get me interested in them pretty soon, because I ain't never felt so apathetic about any of the racers before this edition of the race.
Then don't watch. This is the best race in years. The cast is cool. Love how the Twins did the Iron challenge and the Beefcake sat there sewing.
- Austin, TX resident and former Longhorn deep snapper Trey Wier lists Lance Armstrong among his sports heroes.
I wonder how he's taking Armstrong's recent disgrace. Probably the same as all the other Lance fangurls.
- Have you ever heard of a "pipe-off"? That's when you whip out your flaccid cock to see who hangs the longest. I'd like to see a Final 3 pipe-off with Trey, Ryan, and Jaymes/James.
- [quote]"You spread and I'll pound."
I busted out laughing when I heard this. TAR is a family show I suppose, but they love the double entendre. Those twin girls were also saying some stuff that the other teammates thought were racy during the bus challenge. TAR does that on purpose.
- Twinnie!! Twinnie!!
- Gisele, hope you are safe and don't lose your power... I think you're on the East coast.
- R279 - Aawwww. Aren't you sweet; I am on the East Coast. Sending you big hugs and smooshy kisses. Tommy is not back for a couple of nights.
TAR is not running late tonight; I feel bad for the rockers.
Guess what I am having tonight???
- Have a feeling tonight will be a non elimination leg.
- All that muscle and no ability to count.
- Go Team Beekman!
- The gay team are making gays in Bangladesh look bad.
- Josh still feels fabulous!
- Poor Jaymes and James. I can't believe Rob and Kelley are beating them.
- Do you still feel fabulous?
I still feel fabulous.
And love their shirts.
- Team Monster Truck scared MoonMoon when they arrived at the mat.
- I'm surprised Jaymes and James actually figured out the clue about where they needed to go.
- And the Beekman boys are gone, yet!
- YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY! They are saved!
- Oh thank goodness...it was about time for a non-elim!
- They're making me cry.
- Aw, they're saved! And also very sweet.
- Jaymes and James... please take off your shirts before you get eliminated.
And Trey too!!
- Turkish Baths next week!
- Jeez, those Sri Lankan sisters are obnoxious. First of all, the constant shrieking of "Twinnie" is annoying. Second, if you constantly do it, sooner or later someone will pick up on it, probably to annoy you back. Third, the one woman who was also doing the task asked "Have you ever done this before?" Of course she was being facetious. There was no need for the SLs to be bitchy about it.
- I love the loud Sri Lankan twins and how they don't give a fuck if they're annoying that dark-haired dude. They really kick ass as the tasks.
The Chippendales + Trey is a decent amount of eye candy left in the race.
Glad the non-elim went to Josh & Brent!
- Next week -- Feets
Do twins actually go around calling each other twinee?
- Couldn't they have given us a flash of Trey in the Turkish Baths during the teaser? Here's hoping he gets more time during that sequence next week than the Monster Truck guy does.
- Im scared about the longhaired's feets.
- loved the little Bengali child joining in the "GO TWINNIE!"
- Loved Jaymes reaction to the cold water next week! Turkish Baths...mmmmmmmm.....
- I want to see Jaymes' feets. I'm sure they're tanned and masculine. Trey's are probably on the boney side but I'm fairly sure that they, too, will be attractive.
- I'm over hearing about the goat farm in every other sentence and the "we lost our jobs" BS... again and again and again. Enough.
- Dark-haired dude was a total asshole at the check-in when he said he was disappointed in second place when it was obvious his girlfriend blamed herself
- it was eerie that a little black goat led them to the marked bamboo poles. They're the sexiest team as far as I'm concerned. The most handsome and the best dressed and have the best temprament.
- It's obvious, R308. They're goat whisperers.
- It would be hard to come in first when the long-hairs had a two-hour head start.
- [quote]I'm over hearing about the goat farm in every other sentence and the "we lost our jobs" BS... again and again and again. Enough.
What I find even more canned and phony are the "I would lay down my life for you" declarations for the cameras.
There is something very calculating about that. And emotional exhibitionism -- even when not rehearsed -- is icky.
- R311 is bitter and single.
- The Amazing Race (2.4/6) was down by 8% from last week when it followed a football overrun.
- [quote]Dark-haired dude was a total asshole at the check-in when he said he was disappointed in second place when it was obvious his girlfriend blamed herself
Eh, they're both smug, obnoxious assholes. They're a good match.
- I was wondering when they'd get to a non-elimination, it took a while, but I do remember Phil saying at the beginning that he'd be eliminating most of the teams.
- [quote]it was eerie that a little black goat led them to the marked bamboo poles. They're the sexiest team as far as I'm concerned. The most handsome and the best dressed and have the best temprament.
LOL. I see the beekman "boys" have arrived @R308. You two are about as sexy as my 2 vegan aunts who are librarians and have never married and live together with all those cats.
- I'm really loving this season.
Sorry to offend anyone, but, really, I would never visit the cesspool known as Bangladesh.
I like the blond haired James. or Jaymes. He has a hot accent, and looks like he's packing big.
The gays are pretty cool, too.
- To me the teaser for next week was the best thing of the episode. Oh, and the little boy joining the go Twinnie chant.
- The goat farmers are fine, but agree that Trey needs more screen time.
It is surprising that anyone would call the g.
- [quote] The goat farmers are fine, but agree that Trey needs more screen time. It is surprising that anyone would call the g. farmers sexy.
which is why it is obvious that the post in question was made by one of the goat farmers.
- I think Trey appears in a car commercial, at least locally here in Washington.
- [quote]but I do remember Phil saying at the beginning that he'd be eliminating most of the teams
As he does every season. All but three teams.
Total snore of a season, though at least the tasks were somewhat difficult (if mostly just physical) this leg. This race is way too straight forward. Was hoping to see the "boys" sashay away. Hopefully next week.
- Jayne and Jane, I mean Jaymes and James are doing plenty of sashaying themselves.
- I've taken to yelling "YOU JUST COST ME A MILLION DOLLARS!" at any service person that disappoints me.
- I'm really surprised that Trey and his attachment haven't been doing better -- I had them pegged from the outset as winners, since the young and athletic teams tend to do best on TAR.
- Remember - it's a feets episode tonight!! And we get to see Jaymes in his natural habitat - a bathhouse!
- Fuck! Tommy is home today.
I'll see if I can preoccupy him in the Northwest wing of the compound.
- And the twinnies fuck over the rock stars. Is what they did against the rules?
- OMG - Ryan in the Turkish bath with his feets - HAWT!!
- Just starting on the East Coast.
- I'm always whipped after a long haul flight....it must be tough to have to actually DO something other than go to the hotel and nap.
- Dear lord Jaymes and James are hopeless.
- Damn, now I don't hate the fake rock stars anymore. Karma is going to get those nasty twins.
- I don't watch much TV, so I haven't seen a lot of political ads...but these Romney ads are both irritating and (seemly) ineffectual.
- I hope Phil has a great surprise for the thieving twins.
- Wait til you hear Phil's 'master baker' line. He's such a cheeky monkey.
- I still love the twins - and the conniving blonde cheerleader!
- Someone threw the twins their clue from the clue box. Don't you have to pick the clue out yourself? I sure hope so. However, the twins didn't seem upset in their interviews so far, so I doubt that anything happens to them. I'm sure the chippendales don't get eliminated this week since they were shown in Amsterdam in the previews the first week.
Damn those goat gays are dumb. How could they not read the f'ng clue correctly????
- Master baker. Hee hee.
- Dr. Brent has a "nice, flat head."
- Damn there was some fine flesh on display in that Turkish bath. Having been to one in Istanbul I can tell you that you would NEVER see men and women in one at the same time. That is absolutely forbidden.
- Jaymes and his feets!!!
- Trey's pecs and abs!! OMG!!
- pulling the chippendale's pants open to pour water down.
- I think there was a quick butt cheek shot of Jaymes.
- I hate this WOOOOOOOO business
- They win 5 nights in Australia and will spend the same amount of time traveling to and from there. Not the best prize.
- Five days in a hotel room with Trey is worth it, Gisele.
- Aren't Trey and Lexi virgins saving themselves for marriage. Are they going to share a room, and bed, on the trip?
- Teams with rolling suitcases do NOT win the Race.
- Sick of that show off trucker idiot anyway.
- dammit, the three I've waited to see half naked the most did the bagel challenge. I wonder if controversial tats had anything to do with their decisions?
oh, and nothing but fucking romney ads for the entire hour.
- This leg was really an eye opener:
- Both gay teams seem pretty dumb. The farmers couldn't read the clues right and had to buy ice creams twice. The Strippers don't realize what their strengths are, Jaymes would have sold those drinks faster than shy James. But still I'm rooting for those two teams.
- I was rooting for the twins until now. They have shown their true colors, and bad karma will catch them. Also, the Christians should know that stealing is a big NO NO in the Bible.
- The Rockers have gone up in my estimation. They seem graceful and nice people, but I don't think they will win. Grandpa Abba will make them lose.
- I still can´t stand the Alpha male team, I hope they lose, but I have a strong suspicion they will win it. That type of team always wins it.
- I'm glad the Monster Truckers are out. They seem tea party republicans.
- Who's the alpha male team, R353?
- but you could just tell the monster trucker had a nice chest. It was a shame not to bare it.
- TAR is being ripped a new hole on FB because they didn't punish The Twins/Team Texas.
- [quote]you could just tell the monster trucker had a nice chest
LOL!!! The monster trucker was a fat old pig.
- I the long haired seem like nice people
I'm sure TAR staff "helped" them raise the money for the leg knowing that the other teams took their money..so rude.
- Jaymes makes me want to touch myself. He has a great body and fun personality.
I was really nervous the Beekman Boys or the Chippendales would be eliminated. So glad they made it.
The monster truckers came off good in this episode and redeemed themselves in my eyes. The husband seemed abusive in earlier episodes to his wife.
I felt bad for the rockers. They believed that it was an accident they lost money. They had to ask the poor people of Bangladesh for money. The Sri Lankan twins really are bad apples. The race should be played fair.
- Troy's nips.
- This is a bad trend that I hope TAR will move to change. If there's no rule that a team can steal from another team, there needs to be one for next season. Otherwise, dirty tricks will take over, I think. One of the things I like about TAR is that there's a remarkable LACK of dirty tricks for a reality show. I'd hate to lose that.
- [quote]I was really nervous the Beekman Boys or the Chippendales would be eliminated.
As has already been pointed out on this thread, the Chippendales were shown in the previews in Amsterdam during the first week's show. So until they get to Holland they are in no danger of leaving.
[quote]I'm sure TAR staff "helped" them raise the money for the leg knowing that the other teams took their money..so rude.
Absolutely right. There is no way they could get all that money so easily in a dirt poor country without the producers' help.
- I think the Beekman Boys knew that a shirtless episode was due, and figured out that the Turkish bath detour was it. I'm sure they compare themselves constantly to the Chippendales and to the two str8 hunks, and risked falling behind and even possibly losing in order not to subject themselves to ridicule from overly critical gay fans (oh, like the kind you find here on DL, perhaps?).
- Oh, and I'm now completely disgusted with the twins for stealing the Rockers' money, and am completely disappointed in Trey and Lexi for playing along with them. The fact that none of them were even penalized at the end of the leg is completely mystifying to me. Is CBS saying that it's OK for one team to steal from another?
- In a season awhile back, some team was penalized for hiding another teams materials to build I think a bike but stealing money is fine?
- I'm sure on survivor ..you can't steal someone's immunity ..you let others know about it but I think the finder is the owner. Am I right?
TAR should have never let that happen.
- It's the producers fault that the Twinnies and Trey and Lexie stole the money. I'm certain if both teams knew that Abba and James had received heartbreaking news from home last week they would've behaved differently. I don't know why the show doesn't allow teams to mingle after the challenges anymore.
- TAR has always helped whichever teams the producers want to make it to the final. The "rules" have always been applied selectively.
- that's not twue, r368. Fow most of the wace's histowy if you came in last duwing an non-elimination leg you would have to litewally beg youw way back in.
- I'd gladly buy a drink from James' snake.
So long Rooster Cogburn!
The twins taking the brothers money was low. I hope Karma bites them in their cooches.
- We got to see Trey's saucer-sized nipples and people are carrying on about dirty tricks. Have people lost all sense of what is really important?
- Trey is a p-whipped bandit.
- Trey is hot. Glad the eye candy - ie, Trey + Chippendales - is keeping out of last place.
The Beekmans need to shut up about that damn farm - get a new soundbite for gosh sakes!
- I wanted to see the Beekman's naked. Instead I got grousing with pastry balanced upon its head.
- They probably wanted to make sure the story got in somewhere so they used it every time. They didn't realize, I'll bet, that CBS would use it every time.
- r361 - No one was "tricked" - Team Hair misplaced their money. They were pretty cool about it and knew it was their own fault.
The twins were clearly hoping the money belonged to Abbey & Asshole, and it was a reasonable, if not particularly sporting, tactic to keep it.
- [quote]I wanted to see the Beekman's naked.
Those are the 2 least attractive guys on the race.
- Oh those Sri Lanken twins are despicable. I just hope one of them gets kicked in the head by a horse in the next challenge right in front of her sister.
- [quote]pulling the chippendale's pants open to pour water down.
I'm sure he's used to that, only usually it's money that goes in, not water.
- The other James would have been the better seller. He's got the personality for it.
- I hope James and Abba find a way to repay those people who loaned them money.
Favorite part of the episode: Jaymes telling the camera he wasn't sure of their current placement, and advising the audience to look at the bottom of the screen to see what position they were in. Fortunately the CBS editors complied.
- I just love Jaymes.
- [quote] This is a bad trend that I hope TAR will move to change. If there's no rule that a team can steal from another team, there needs to be one for next season. Otherwise, dirty tricks will take over
Okay, they did not STEAL the money. As ugly as what those twins did was, one team's money fell out of their bag, and the twins picked it up as "found" money.
THAT'S why TAR didn't penalize them. It's a HUGE technicality, but the twins didn't steal the money. They "found" the money.
Nevertheless, taking $100 of "found" money in such a poor country like Bangladesh, was beyond reprehensible. And being from Sri Lanka, they should have known better. If I was related to those twins, or even knew them, I'd be ashamed and embarassed.
I'm happy the Republican monster truckers went home. They were obnoxious.
The openly gay team is so goddamned boring. And stupid. I wouldn't be sad if they went home.
I am so hot for James and Jaymes. Those two are two beautiful hunks of 6'4" meat, and they're both incredibly sexy. LOVE them, and I was so scared they almost went home.
I like the bitter 2nd place team. The guy (I can't remember his name) is so snarky, and he's constantly cutting down the other teams. LOL. I forgot the line, but he referred to the six other racers in the travel agency as being DUMB. And it's hilarious that he hates the twins and the rockers.
This episode has made me want to go to Turkey. What a beautiful country!
- More discussion about me, please.
What would y'all like to be doing to me?
- [quote]I wanted to see the Beekman's naked.
I just vomited a little...
Only a couple of times this week did they have to tell us their fairy tale about losing their jobs and having to save the farm... except this time they saved the whole fucking town while they were at it.
Get over yourselves boys.
- [quote]Favorite part of the episode: Jaymes telling the camera he wasn't sure of their current placement, and advising the audience to look at the bottom of the screen to see what position they were in. Fortunately the CBS editors complied.
LOVED that moment.
- Abba was surprisingly hot near-naked (with the flesh-colored thing he was wearing, I was taken aback for a moment when I thought he WAS naked) -- as were both Jaymes and James, who were less chunky than I expected. Trey, OTOH, was a disappointment, despite what some say here, because he's too white and hairless and the top half of his torso is overdeveloped.
- Jaymes & James might be breakout TAR contestants...like the cowboys. Not too bright, but cute and nice. (The red-headed cowboy, not the dark-haired one).
- Trey's nipples--We want to cover you in Tupelo honey and suck. Bet you already knew that.
- Dear Trey's nipples: a few simple words -- spring-loaded clothes pins.
- To his credit, Trey was initially opposed to keeping the found money, but gave in to the majority. Am I the only one who heard him say he didn't want some dude in the Turkish bath. Did it turn out that all the attendants were guys? Trey is cute but dumb.
On flying to Austalia, you get jet lag on the way back...not on the way over.
- I'd love to see Jaymes as a contestant on a summer season of Big Brother... lots of shirtless shots.
- Jaymes Chippendale pose
link possibly NSFW
- [quote]Okay, they did not STEAL the money. As ugly as what those twins did was, one team's money fell out of their bag, and the twins picked it up as "found" money.
Horsehit. The other team was in the same room and they knew it. The whispered and conspired, where they simply had to say "Did anyone lose some money?" They didn't. They STOLE it.
- Hope this works.
- Trey in uniform.
- My God that Christian boy is all kinds of sexy hot.
- Lexi reminds me of Buffy from 'Family Affair' as she must have looked in death.
- Ryan gets his feets scrubbed.
- [quote]This episode has made me want to go to Turkey. What a beautiful country!
No shit, especially after Bangladesh.
- [quote]I hope James and Abba find a way to repay those people who loaned them money.
- What a week to have a hurricane. I guess I'll watch it online.
- Love that screencap @ r399. Ryan's bulge was glorious and the feet scrubber is pretty hot himself. I want to see it turn into a porno.
- Istanbul is beautiful and HUGE!!!
- Poor Brent looked like he was going to burst into tears when he had to fight for the ice cream cone.
- Brent is very unhealthy looking now that he lost so much weight. And they both seem borderline retarded.
- I thought it was Ryan who said he didn't want a male masseuse. More fodder for supporting the idea he has issues with his sexuality.
- Sorry, but the twinnies and Team Texas should have been penalized...what are the odds that they just happened to find US currency? They knew exactly where it came from and they stole it. Bad form for the producers not to call them out on it.
- James Chippendale needs a chin implant in the worst way possible.
The men of Turkey seem so flirty and sexed-up. Is bisexuality a common thing there? They all seemed gay in the bazaar.
Thank goodness they finally make it to Europe next week. The European episodes are always so much better. I love the beautiful scenery.
- What does that Turkish sherbet drink taste like?
- It's şerbet in Turkish.
- [quote]I wanted to see the Beekman's naked.
The Beekman's naked what? Naked houseboy? Naked goats?
- Without a football lead-in, The Amazing Race (2.5/6) was flat with last week.
- [quote]Damn, now I don't hate the fake rock stars anymore. Karma is going to get those nasty twins.
James Lomenzo is a bassist who has played for White Lion, Megadeth, David Lee Roth and Ozzy Osbourne. He's very wealthy and has performed in front of sold out arenas for millions of people. If you add up the album sales from albums he's performed bass on, it's probably close to 100 million. He's not a fake rocker at all.
Abba is a lawyer for musicians, he's probably not hurting either and I'm sure he's a multimillionaire several times over. Knowing they are the wealthiest in the group, I don't really care if they win, but they are genuine, nice guys and I hope they go far.
Stripper Jaymes has a great personality, I can see why he's becoming a fan favorite.
The Indian girls should be disqualified from the show.
- Maybe it's having been on the road as rockers/rock support for so long, but the rock guys DO NOT PANIC, and they just take it in and go. I usually like an underdog team, but these guys are a very strong combo, and I wouldn't mind seeing them win.
- Those shriekLankan twins have worn very thin, very quickly. They stole that money and they should have been penalised or disqualified.
The rockers don't need the money presumably so whatever, though I like how the handle adversity.
The Beekman'boys' are behaving in a really stupid manner at times. I really wanted to root for them. Hopefully if they stay in they can lay off the Wonderful Life routine about how they saved a farm and a whole entire town.
- What is up with saving the town? I caught that last night but don't know what they meant.
- Las Beekmans are circling that drain closer and closer every episode. Hope they finally get off my screen next week.
- "I thought it was Ryan who said he didn't want a male masseuse."
It was Ryan. Ryan and Trey walked in together, and were shown together right after the remark. But, the voice matches Ryan's, not Trey's. I thought Trey was more likely to use the word 'dude,' but was wrong.
- A man who gives massages is a "masseur" and a woman who gives massages is a "masseuse."
the more you know!
- One shocking development is Ryan's full throated defense of the Terrible Twins on Titter. He explained that what wasn't shown was the Twins impassioned attempts to turn the money over to production, but they were rebuffed. The show has a non-interference directive when it comes to the race. It's the highest ideal of the Amazing Race.
- Why couldn't the twins have just given them the money after the fact?
- Ryan's twitter page
- Abbie Twitter Page
- Twinnie #1 Twitter
- Oh sure, now they are whining about the "villain edit"...
Karma is a bitch to bitches.
- Twinnie #2 Twitter
- Phil's tweet on the matter.
"Lot of reactions 2 last night's episode. Questionable sportsmanship? Your call. But not against the rules 2 keep lost $ found on the ground."
- [quote}The show has a non-interference directive when it comes to the race. It's the highest ideal of the Amazing Race.
Exactly, the producers don't step in as to affect the race. They probably tried to hand it over to the producers after they left the travel agency to hinder the Rock Stars. They were on camera taking the money, whispering and being secretive. The twins knew where the money was from, they were all in the same room at the time and it was their responsibility to return it to the rightful owner.
- I love that the exotic Sri-Lankin's last name is Anderson.
- [quote]I love that the exotic Sri-Lankin's last name is Anderson.
And are originally from Brooklyn. Thanks for paying attention, r430
- Am I the only one who saw asshole Ryan steal the cab from the LEGLESS local man in a makeshift wheelchair??
WHAT A DICK!!!
- James Lomenzo (rocker) is a really nice guy. My sister dated Mike for a while (the HOT lead singer from White Lion) many years ago and I met them all several times.
After Mike dumped her (aka, after she caught him in their hotel room with another chick), James and his then girlfriend let her stay with them. She said James was truly the nicest guy on the band.
Here's a photo of them. James was a cutie. (2nd from left)
- Oh, that's hot. Very homoerotic pic. I'd love to see James and the hot guy on the far left make out. Damn.
- Beekman Boys twitter
- Did he steal the cab? Or was the man trying to beg. I thought they highlighted that because Ryan didn't give him anything and then later the natives gave the Rockers money when they begged.
- [quote]Exactly, the producers don't step in as to affect the race.
It's like the Prime Directive...
- The one Kirk broke week after week? If there's no interference then are we now saying the producers didn't make sure they got money.
- [quote]The one Kirk broke week after week?
?? What post are you referring to?
- The Prime Directive post.
- --Appreciate the pic and 'inside' info, R433
- [quote]They had to ask the poor people of Bangladesh for money.
Yes... those well-dressed, well-groomed, perfect-English-speaking poor people of Bangladesh who not only very gleefully gave money to the Rockers but even asked them how much money they wanted.
Judging by the couple of people shown giving the Rockers money, the "poor people of Bangladesh" seem to be doing very well indeed. That poor woman must have been late for her spa appointment because of the Rockers begging for money.
- I hate those Sri Lakunt "twinnies". I hope karma kicks them in the kunt.
- Sorry don't buy the "found" money. They knew it was the rockers and took it which could have completely lost them the leg. It's not like a team asking you for directions and sending them the wrong way. The rockers didn't ask to have their money stolen. Or like next week, when they forget or leave their bag somewhere that is their fault.
This puts TAR in a bad light.
Have the rockers tweeted?
- The well dressed ones gave money, but they did ask poor people until the well dressed ones came up to them.
- Justin (from Zev and Justin_ tweeted...
If we knew mugging other teams was legal we would've played it differently. @AmazingRace_CBS @zevglassenberg @mikewhiteMW @JenMarieHoffman
- It's too bad the Rockers assumed the money fell out in the taxi. They could have said, when everyone was still there, "Hey everyone, our money fell out of the bag. Can you please look around and help us find it?"
[quote]This puts TAR in a bad light.
How, exactly? Afterall, the money was provided by TAR in the first place. It's not the show's responsibility to baby-sit the teams, otherwise the show would be expected to step in each and every time a team did something stupid or immoral, like leave their passports in a Russian taxi or on the ground at an L.A. gas station, or lose their clue, or accidentally take another teams backpacks, or intentionally take another team's taxi, or give another team false directions... and on and on and on...
This wasn't against the rules, and why should it be? It wouldn't be an issue if the Rockers were more diligent with their money. The interaction of the teams whether good or bad is one of the things that makes the show. How boring it would be if behavior were regulated by a bunch of nanny producers.
Yeah, it was pure cuntiness on the part of the Twinnies, but that's The Amazing Race.
- A bigger pic of Ryan and his feets.
- It's inspiring that fat rooster Rob learned to love gays thanks to the Beekman's.
- [quote]The twins knew where the money was from, they were all in the same room at the time and it was their responsibility to return it to the rightful owner.
It wasn't the twins responsibility to do anything with the money. It was Team Hair's responsibility to hold onto it. It was cheeky to keep it, but not a big deal.
- TAR is no more "real" than any other "reality" show. the producers control the results all the time on all reality shows.
- you sound wrong and cynical.
- You sound naive and silly.
- [quote]It's inspiring that fat rooster Rob learned to love gays thanks to the Beekman's.
Yeah, that's great. Maybe it will inspire you to learn when to use an apostrophe.
- Why would the twins have to ask the producers to take the money? All they had to do was walk over and ASK the rockers if it was their money.
Some of you would find excuses for a serial rapist.
- R455? Fuck you. Just fuck you. There is no NEED to say something like, "Some of you would find excuses for a serial rapist." That is completely uncalled for. There is NO excusing a serial rapist. Thankfully, when that unfortunate incident happens, women's bodies have a way of shuting the whole thing down.
- Wow, that Ryan guy has tiny nips.
- The TV crew following the Rockers may have been why people were willing to give them money. People may have assumed the rockers were important or something and wanted to help or just be in front of the American cameras. Just a thought.
I saw White Lion in concert when they were the opening act for AC/DC at the Richfield Coliseum.
- [quote]The TV crew following the Rockers may have been why people were willing to give them money. People may have assumed the rockers
Well, they are huge rock "stars" so I just assumed those poor people all knew who they were.
- I'm thinking the people who gave the rockers money might not have actually been 'poor', and least not by Bangladeshi standards.
- I'm not suggesting that Bangladeshi people recognized the rockers but instead were attracted/intrigued by the camera crew. Would you be a bit curious if you saw two men in your tiny town being followed by a film crew? Would you stop if they approached you? Would you want to help them if you knew you were being filmed?
- The point is...where did all these well off english speaking bangladeshis come from all of a sudden? Were they working with the production crew?
- Give it gurl. Your mother needs you upstairs.
- I keep thinking Jaymes would be one sweet top. I get totally turned on every time he's on screen. Incredible body, great personality.
- Jaymes a top? Hahahahaha. James on the other hand...
- [quote]Would you be a bit curious if you saw two men in your tiny town being followed by a film crew?
The Amazing Race is also broadcast all over the world.
- Mmm.. how much do I want this man pounding my feets...
- No, R462 Not everyone in Bangladesh lives in dirt and filth. Most, yes. All, no.
R461 Has a good point that is probably accurate. People want to be on TV, which made it easier for them to get money from people.
- It's on tonight!
- Anyone have a favorite team?
I'm rooting for The Rockers!
- Gisele, I was watching football this afternoon, and saw one of the New England Patriots patting Tom Brady on the butt. I know this will come as a shock to you, but I thought you should hear it from someone close to you.
- It looked to me like the first lady to give the rockers some money and who spoke almost perfect English, got the money from the back of that big assed Mercedes stopped on the street.
- R472 She's the Bangladeshi Ann Romney (except for the part about giving money to strangers.)
- [quote]TAR is no more "real" than any other "reality" show. the producers control the results all the time on all reality shows.
This accusation gets made every season, and shot down every season. It's considered a game show, therefore it's a federal crime to fix it.
Aside from the fact (as has been pointed out), "fixing" the show on the fly would involve that many more teams of production staff, etc. These races are mapped out WELL in advance, and require massive planning/permits/government permissions, fees, etc.
- No it's not, R466. Not the American version, anyway. Don't lie for the sake of an argument.
- Oooh, swimming challenge! Speedo alert!! The Chippendales in speedos!!!
- R471 - I saw that. He is being dealt with as I type.
- The bathing caps are hysterical.
- Jaymes and James in speedos... sweet!
- Unfortunately, Trey picks the task where his clothes stay on.
- My thoughts too R480
- The Chips in that hilarious synch swim challenge have me laughing so hard, like a great old Lucy routine. Or Streisand going the wrong way on roller skates. All this elegance and then them diving on their tummie, moving like oafs.
They are adorable though and you have to admit the ShriLankan sisters are a blast too, the giggle over no cabs stopping for them when they were VIPs in Bangladesh. THANK GOD the show has remembered to cast some teams with personalities again. A few dull ones slipped through but I love a lot of these people. A return to form!
- Also, challenges are pretty hard this year...both the library task and the swimming are not gimmes.
- Those Texans certainly are brighter than they look.
- So who's going home, the goat farmers? I wonder how many hours they and Abbie/Ryan were behind?
- I love when Phil sends people to "spahs"
- Agree, would've been nice to see Tex in those speedos. He has a truly great mouth. And, for once, am rooting for goat boys, would be nice to eliminate the ugly breeder couple.
And one more things: Russians are coming across really wonderful in this. Warm and funny and calm and not any of the cold stereotypes. And their country looks beautiful.
- Wil this be a two part episode?
- Trey and his girlfriend seem really sweet.
I'm pulling for them and James and Jaymes for the finals.
- No, R488. They've already had a team come in first place.
- those beekman boys in speedos....ewwwwwwwww. The rock "stars" looked better.
- I'd love to be pullin' on something on Jaymes and James...
- That moment with the sisters was very endearing. I was preparing myself for an epic bitchfest about racism in Russia, but then they started giggling and made the crack about Bangladesh.
The synchronized swim task is one of the better ones they've had in a while. Not only did we get speedos and those awesome caps, but it requires skill and stamina while not being impossible to complete.
- Ruh roh... the rockers are in twubble!
And I guess it will be a two-parter. Sorry, R488.
- Yup, to be contunued.
- That was so f'ng dumb...leaving all your belongings in a cab in Russia! Dumb. Speaking of dumb...that goat farmer queen can't swim? What a mess those 2 are. Why doesn't that other team leave? How long will this take?
- Just when I make a nasty comment about them upstream, Ryan and Abbie do something honorable by waiting. To their credit. I don't think the AR gang would let them go home after that anyway -- so bye bye goat boys or yet another non-elimanation.
- Okay, I'm gay and even I can't suffer the two goat farmer queens.
Seriously, they need to go.
- I cannot believe the other team is sticking around for this. Go, go! And I say this as someone who is rooting for the goat farmers.
Leave your bags in the cab if you must, but ALWAYS keep your passport on you. Jeez.
- Yeah, thought that was pretty decent of Abbie & Ryan to stay.
- What do the previews indicate? Did the final 2 teams from tonight have to do another task so determine the loser of that leg? they just showed the 2 of them doing a task and no one else.
- It looks bad for the Beekman Boys. Hopefully, the rockers never find their passports. From the previews we know Ryan and Abbie make it to the next leg. Jaymes and James looked great.
- Yay! Naked Beekman's!
- The Chippendales are such adorably sexy puppy dogs! I want one. Or both.
The twins are my favourite girl team since Charla & Mirna. "We fight like a married couple then make up like little kids."
- The Chips remind me of so many dude friends I have had through the years that are just so good-hearted and fun that you almost forget how beautiful they are physically. Almost. And I love that one of them is gay and like this, not just the straight one. If only there were a billion of them out there just like this.
Chips for the win!
- I find the Beekman's too beautiful to bare.
- I've come to like the Chippendales much more than I thought I would--and having them in speedos for an extended time tonight was just, well, proverbial icing on the cake.
Overall, this has been the best season in a while.
- Tonight's episode was proof of why it deserves its Emmys year after year.
- I'm very happy with the first and second place finishes. Both Trey and Lexi & James and Jaymes have been very positive, friendly teams (most teams this season have been as well) and it was good to see them finish at the top.
- Lexi is too broody for her own good. She's going to chase Trey away if she keeps nagging him about putting a ring on her finger.
- Jayme's music video.
- God, I wanted to see Trey in a speedo tonight.
- Nobody looked sexy with that floral shower cap on their head.
- They were wearing floral shower caps? My attention was elsewhere. ;0
- The short Beekman looked pissed because he couldn't wear the pink swimsuit that the girls wore. I think he was happy with the floral bathing cap.
- OK, that music for the pool routine will stick to my brain like a fungus for the next few hours.
- Cheers to Lexi and Trey for getting through the Russian library roadblock. I spent 10 days in Moscow, and never figured it out. They are much smarter than I initially thought. Hope they win it all this season.
- Thank you, Amazing Race, for giving me my weekly primetime dose of beefcake!
- Sigh. We missed seeing Trey in a speedo. Maybe he can not swim well.
- So how many gays are on this season and are they all still in the running?
- Wow! We didn't hear a single fucking thing about goats or farms or losing our jobs.
Now that's Amazing.
- The gorgeous chips talking the twins out of using their express pass was very nice. It was not the time to use it. I'm sure the twins will NOT thank them for it. If you could swim you passed the sych swim thing eventually as the long hairs proved. Those beekman boys looked awful in speedos and swam like rocks. too sad.
- I've noticed that with most tasks requiring people to learn or practice a skill or dance, eventually, they let them through. The Russian swim coach was a hardass, but she probably had a set number of times she would let them do it before saying: oh, just go ahead.
- Who's the gushing frau who keeps going on and on about how "beautiful" the "Beekmans" are?
Jesus Christ, give it a fucking rest mary.
- Thank you R525.
- [quote]No it's not, [R466]. Not the American version, anyway. Don't lie for the sake of an argument.
Dude, "The Amazing Race" whether the American version or not is broadcast all over the world including Asia. The site of two backpacked people being followed by a camera crew in a race is not entirely foreign to everyone they meet. Plus the fact it's 2012 and there are DVD's and episodes streamed on line.
The United States version of The Amazing Race is rebroadcast in several countries around the world. Episodes of The Amazing Race also air in several other countries shortly after the American broadcast, including Latin America, China, Vietnam and the Philippines.
The popularity of the show though the service led to CBS allowing for the option of creating international versions of the show in October 2005. The Amazing Race Asia was one of the first versions created, following essentially the same format as the United States version.
- [quote] you have to admit the ShriLankan sisters are a blast too, the giggle over no cabs stopping for them when they were VIPs in Bangladesh.
[quote]The twins are my favourite girl team since Charla & Mirna. "We fight like a married couple then make up like little kids."
Are you kidding? They are THEIVES, then they bitch to the swimming teacher that she doesn't speak English. You're in Russia, Fools. The Rockers were robbed twice in the race.
- r528 - last night was their fault. If you're traveling in a race like this, I'm guessing the one thing you'd always be mindful of is having your passport on you at all times. Fanny packs might not fit the rocker image, but they'd keep them in the race.
- How cute that some of you think that one of the Chippendales is straight.
- I think Jaymes and James are a couple, actually.
- Why do both of the Chippendales have the same scar on the upper part of their arm?
- "I think Jaymes and James are a couple, actually. "
If they weren't before the race, they will be by the end and that would be a good thing.
- I LOVED this episode.
And the Chips! JESUS!!! I love them. Which is gay?
But, and I've been a fan since Team Guido, for the love of Chanel, PLEASE find a masculine gay couple again.
I mean, even the pretty Russian girl with the jacked teeth was making fun of little Beekman.
- R534- Jaymes, the blonde is gay.
- I agree. It was nice for a change not to hear about losing jobs, raising goats and almost losing the farm.
- This show is so much better when they race in Europe. The scenery is better, and the challenges are better.
- r535, wow, that's what I was hoping. So fucking hot.
How do you know?
- Jaymes came out in the Advocate or something.
- [quote]last night was their fault.
Both times were their fault. Doesn't take away the fact that the twinnies went from one of the best teams in years to petty theives.
- [quote]If you're traveling in a race like this, I'm guessing the one thing you'd always be mindful of is having your passport on you at all times.
- nothing in the Instinct article even hinted at him being openly gay...
- And what about this from the article makes you think he's NOT openly gay, R542?
“I was from such a sheltered area. You can’t fault people for being ignorant when they don’t know any better,” he says. “Growing up, the only things I thought you could be if you were gay was a hairdresser or a drag queen. Those aren’t bad—we need hairdressers and drag queens—but I felt like I didn’t fit in. My church and my family were telling me I couldn’t be gay, but I knew what I felt and who I was, but I just didn’t see any role models.”
Growing up this way took a toll on his self-confidence, and it would be years before Jaymes would be in a place where he could fully be himself—and be proud of it.
“That’s what sucks the most when I look back on it—I was taught that it was a big deal. I was taught to feel bad about myself, that it was a struggle,” he says. “All I should have been taught is that ‘you are you, you are love, and it’s not a big deal.’”
- Jaymes came out on one of the talk shows, Ellen maybe
- Part of me respects the decision the Beekman Boys and Ryan & Abbie made to finish the leg together rather than compete against each other. Actually I'm shocked that the previously uber-competitive Ryan & Abbie would agree to it.
But I don't understand how they are thinking it would end. Even if they try to step on the pit stop mat at the same time, one of the duos has to be considered the last place team. So did they make an agreement (that we didn't see) that one of the them would voluntarily take last place?
Props again to Ryan & Abbie for waiting at the syncho swimming challenge. It's at that point that the Beekman's should release them from whatever deal they've made and tell them it's stupid for them to sit and watch when they could be finishing up the leg. I have a feeling that's what we'll see in Part 2 - the Beekman's will tell them to just go. It's what I would do.
In the preview we see Ryan & Abbie competing in the next leg, but not the rockers or Beekman Boys. So we don't know if it took longer for the rockers to get their luggage back (if they even do) or for Beekman's to either complete or give up on the swimming
This can't be a non-elim leg, can it? The second one is usually closer to the end, but you never know.
Hopefully the Beekman that posts here will explain about the arrangement (among other things) after we see the finale.
- [quote] Hopefully, the rockers never find their passports.
- [quote]Those beekman boys looked awful in speedos and swam like rocks. too sad.
No they didn't. They aren't overweight or out of shape, not everyone can be a Chippendale, who makes a living with their body. Their diving was funny.
- Did Ryan mention Martha Stewart yet?
- That short Beekman Boy looked like Ruth Bader Ginsburg diving into the pool.
- What does it mean when you click on the (ff)and then it writes flag saved?
- It means you've doomed someone to hell, R550. Hope you're happy with yourself.
- R550 It indicates you're into fist-fucking and forwards your identifying information to the FFA. (Fist Fuckers of America.) Hope you've got plenty of lube "on hand"!
- i don't get it. Seriously what is flag saved or flag failed in here?
- It's 'freaks and flames', R550. In the olden days, there used to be red tags that the moderator would give to asshole freepers, etc., but now you 'ff' people who are racist, etc. I'm not sure it actually does anything, though.
- So there is a moderator for this room?
- I loved the Sri Lankan sisters until they stole the money...they're still my favorite team in this cast but I don't like as much as before because that just wasn't cool. The country couple split the money with them though, so they're just as guilty. I'm impressed they were able to do find those 4 books, as those 2 seemed to be kinda dumb for the first few legs of the race.
I can't stand Ryan, but I respect how he's acting with the gay couple in this leg.
I'm assuming the gays or the rockers are going to be eliminated at the conclusion of next weekend's episode...
- I wonder if Lexi, or even Trey, worked in a library at some point while they were in high school or the University of Texas. Amazing job finding the four books.
- R550, it's the Fast Forward. Take it, take it - before the twinnies get here!
- Yeah, dumbfuck at R137, I can't imagine why there's so much talk of a gay couple on a gay site.
Especially when one of the two used to be a DL regular. (Sometimes annoyingly so, but definitely a regular.)
- Why are Ryan and Abbie so mean to Trey and Lexie? Trey and Lexie couldn't be any nicer to everybody if they tried.
- How much did we love Jaymes saying that he looked like Mama from "Mama's Family" wearing that flowery swimming cap?
Plus, I loved that they both wore their little Chippendale bow ties while in speedos.
- "Trey and Lexie couldn't be any nicer to everybody if they tried."
They could have tried to give the rockers their money back, R560.
- What R562 said..
- Ooo, what a burn, r562. High five!
- I loved when the Rockers jumped into the pool and the Russian synchro coach was translated as something like "This doesn't look good"
- Ryan filled out that Speedo nicely, front and back.
- R547 you're delusional...the gay couple looked awful in their speedos. I expected more out of them to rep harder for us. Fat? no but just average at best...ick. Obviously the Chippendales guys looked the best, then Ryan. Trey would have looked better than Ryan...too bad he did the library challenge instead.
- Brent Ridge has a hot little body. I'm not surprised since he's a doctor and knows the benefits of staying trim. It was hard to tell how well Josh was built since he kept his towel around his chest, but the love, tenderness and commitment between the Beekman's is sexier than all the vulgar posing by the strippers. It's amusing, but it's not the kind of thing you bring home to mother. The Beekman's explained how they had to play down their affection for each other on the advice of the producers because the race has been run in Muslim and homophobic countries.
- Josh, enough already!
- "Brent Ridge" sounds like either a porn star or a soap opera character.
- Why are they called Beekman Boys?
I assumed that Beekman was their last name (or at least one of their last names), but that doesn't seem to be the case.
- Beekman owned the home they live in
- Their farm upstate is called Beekman Farm. Their reality show is called the Fabulous Beekman Boys.
- Oh dear god r568. That is the Frau post of the century and I have never even used the term Frau before. If your big heart, lace hanky and Calico Kitty Cat get in the way of your eyes and your dick that badly, too bad for you.
Beekmans = sad looking in a speedo
Chippendales = hot
It's really just that simple.
- Plus, R574, there's nothing to suggest there's a reason not to take Jaymes or James home to meet mother. I think my mother would rather like Jaymes, actually.
- [quote]"Brent Ridge" sounds like either a porn star or a soap opera character.
Or possibly a housing development.
- They may very well be nice people once you get to know them, but their goat farm story was boring the 2nd time, much more the 10th time.
They are pretty shameless self- promoters...Cooking Show is just one example.
Beekmans are playing TAR again four guys who are much more sexy & three with good personalities (James, Jaymes, Trey).. even
Ryan has become more likeable.
So far the Beekmans come across as extremely self-involved, sorry I wish I liked them more.
- r568 - If you're going to keep stanning over that team, it would be far less irritating if you just stopped with the unnecessary apostrophe.
- [quote]Why are they called Beekman Boys?
Why are they called "Boys"????? They're around 50 aren't they?
- Waiting to hear which "reality TV couple" will be starting the race very soon. Danielle and Shane from Big Brother? I'd happily watch them over Willie and Russell Hantz.
- R580 I vote for the Chmerikovskiy brothers from DWTS.
- Great idea but wrong network. Has to be a CBS created couple, right?
- Why were the goat farmers in such horrible financial shape if Brent is a doctor?
- I believe I read that Brent got caught up in a scam involving fake Faberge Easter eggs.
- Hanging out with friends last night (we're an informal TAR fan club), one of them got a text from another of the group...she was at the premiere of The Performers (the new Broadway play about the pron industry), and James & Jaymes were both there! Of course she posed with them and sent a picture.
- You must be watching a show in bizarro world r568, because their behavior with each other is about the same as on their canceled reality show, read: completely unaffectionate bordering on pathological. One would never know that they were a couple. They seem physically repulsed by each other.
It's uncomfortable to watch.
- I agree, r586. I usually root for the gay teams, but those drones do nothing for me. They're just drab and miserable.
- [quote]You must be watching a show in bizarro world [R568], because their behavior with each other is about the same as on their canceled reality show
Cooking Channel announced in April 2012 that it had picked up the series for a third season.
- Jaymes and James were in NY last night at the opening of THE PERFORMERS with Henry Winkler, Cheyenne Jackson and Alicia Silverstone. Pics up at playbill. I wonder if my friend Jenni Barber, also in the show, got to meet them?
- A commercial that aired during Survivor last night showed that Josh and Brent make it to the next leg!
- I think it's clear that either everyone makes it because it's a NEL, or the rockers go because of the passport mess.
- Brent and Josh are quite dysfunctional in their relationship, all their lovey-dovey talk aside. There are episodes of their reality show where the passive-agressive levels are hazardous to bystanders.
To the person who asked about why they were poor if Brent was a doctor: He may have graduated medical school, but he worked as an intern with Martha Stewart before being fired (the pathetic co-dependency of which was covered in sad detail on one of their shows). I doubt Brent ever earned a cent as an MD.
- I pulled a train with the Beekman goats!
- lmao that Beekman stan needs to quit it.
- R534 -- the beekman troll is obviously a beekman. pathetic.
- We need a new thread. This one has grown as big as Trey's NIPPLEZ.
- R587 - then root for the other gay team, Jaymes & James.
- I love that they call themselves "boys". It must be nice to be so deluded at their advanced ages.
- I wish Jaymes and James were unshaven. When the fuck do they have time to shave their bodies on the race?
- Link to new thread
- They shave each other in the shower each morning, R599.