- ...Baloney .Nick Grimshaw didn't get it that's why he's ranting so much about Harry.When you possess something you cool downand and relax a bit from what i know
Maybe they did it once in a drunken night but i doubt it..Or not.
Harry must like his company Very much,i get why and he's gonna miss it when he's going on tour.
Maybe this is a reason why he spends so much time with him ..i also think they were roommates for a while until he bought a new place.
I hope Harry he is bisexual but i think he's on the joke riding the wave laughing at us.
he's something of a thoroughbred smartie.
- Anyone listened to Grimmy's morning show? Harry this,Harry that. My friend this, my friend that. I have to listen and I actually like the show. I just hope his bosses don't mind all the mentions. He wanted this job all his life.
- A few things. It was reported yesterday that Harry has bought a house in Primrose Hill to, and I quote, "be closer to his BFF Nick Grimshaw".
Someone on Tumblr unearthed an old tweet of Grimmy's from 2010 where he's jealous of not being able to kiss Harry (linked). It's only dawned on me recently just how obsessed with him he is...
Also 1D are on Alan Carr's chatshow tonight and Alan apparently questions Louis on why he gets so defensive about "Larry".
- I think Louis gets so defensive because Larry isn't (anymore) real. How do you explain Harry and Nick's obvious relationship if Larry is real? Or maybe they have a happy threesome nobody knows about!
- Harry is dating Emma Watson now. He isn't gay, get over it and deal with it.
- R05, I'm sure her boyfriend will be thrilled to hear that.
NW3, Nice address!
R03, Harry's new house is in Hampstead Heath (a DM reader 'helpfully' supplied the exact address)
- The relationship with Emma is definitely made up rubbish.
Harry is linked to a new woman every other day.
Last night on celebrity juice a question was asked about which woman has now fallen for Harry's charms a comedian who knows Nick actually replied Nick Grimshaw as the answer. The answer was Natalie imbruglia.
Nick had tweeted earlier about the comedian being on the show. Then later tweeted him calling him a bitch. The comedian replied saying he was jealous. Make of that what you will.
On the radio this morning nick was talking about going out last night with a friend in a band and then mentioned singing a certain song in the shower last night and his friend told him to shut up.
- I think the friend he was referring to (that is in a band) was Jamie Hince from 'The 'Kills'
Grimmy attended his exhibition last night.
- I'm going to lay down some Harry thoughts here and I'm sorry if it's long but, hey.
What seems clear to me is that info about Mr Harry Styles is pumped out and from completely different angles and has been for some time. There is 'manwhore Harry', 'wingman Harry', 'ambiguous bisexual Harry', 'secretly gay and dating Grim Harry', 'secretly gay since X Factor days and everything's been a coverup Harry', 'Caroline Flack-obssessed Harry', 'secret girlfriend Harry', 'the Harry that sleeps with fans' and 'Louissexual Harry'. I probably haven't even covered the spectrum of all the bloody Harry's!
This to me suggests deliberately skewed info is being put out about this one person more than any of the others.
This amount of info sugests to me a person that is not 'straightforward' or easy to pigeonhole. Therefore one can only rely on one's own eyes and ears, and gut instinct.
For starters that I pay little to no heed of these Tumblr style Real One D info and 1D Secrets blogs. Utter garbage. Most of them are American and (no offense to our US folks here) if you are on the eastern seabord of the US bloggin' away you certainly ain't in Primrose Hill, Clapham Common or Milkshake City enough to know what's going on at grass roots every day. Real mates of One Diection would NOT betray confidences or blab - by setting up dedicated 'info reveal' blogs. Real friends would protect their privacy. Look how Stan is about Louis. He either talks in code nobody can understand or he sticks up for him.
And if you are not a real friend then you are simply not "close enough" to witness first hand action as it potentially takes place, or understand the motive/meaning behind it. So I discount a lot of the internet fandom wailing as teen fangirl daydreams/aspiring slashers/shippers, etc.
The 'gay Twitter' buzz is harder for me to discount. Seemingly coming from adult independent journos and industry headz within sometimes locked journals, who are discreet enough to mumble among themselves and whose words never make it onto central One D blogs or into the main fandom suggests a certain amount of tact or lowkeyness. Same with the gay bloggers, they're discreet enough not to go out upsetting the apple cart of the main fandom. They keep what they've seen or heard among their own circles. It seems to me that these people are less interested about 'outing' anyone and more about just mulling over what they're seen or heard among themselves.
If L Girl, with her industry know-how of where to look at adult conversation, had not brought the gay quotes here I very much doubt any of us would have found them or have a clue they existed. They are also direct UK, often London-based sources so I am apt to lend them a little more credence than the average Larry fangirl.
- I was chatting with a friend when it happened that because Emma "tweeted" Harry she'd be linked with him. It was inevitable.
He could turn up on TV caught blatant flagrante with half of Westminster's male MPs and he'd still be only linked to the female toilet attendant.
No offense, Emma!
- [R04] I don't believe in Larry in the slightest myself, I only mentioned that because I thought some people who go on this thread might be interested in it.
Oh that Emma Watson story was such a joke! All he did was reply to her tweet and the tabloids insist he's flirting with her. It's ridiculous.
- R11, sections of the UK gutter press are just THE silliest beasts in existence. You want to bang their heads together because they have to know most of what they write is utter conflicting gumph.
But it fills papers and creates punchy headlines (keeps someone in a job). They're not after truth n justice, they're after sales and webhits.
- I'm sure Nick has lots of friends although I thought the friend in a band might be Harry too. Was his mate listening to him in the shower the bloke from the exhibition or someone else,we'll never know.
Nick also had a question on his show about Harry styles or gangham style being better or similar. Another Harry reference.
- Joe Lycett - the comedian on CJ last night - has been on Nick's late night show and is a friend of Nick's. He is also gay. Perhaps he and Nick could hook up with each other.
- the phone call between nick and louis was cute, idk why people think they're don't like each other.
- here's the interview
- I'm still in shock about the news that Harry might be moving to a house very close to where I live! I immediately recognised the house as it is actually one of the few houses on that street (the street is more a through-road than a residential street) and I drive through it all the time! I wondered why his car test-drive of a couple of weeks ago happened where it happened... it makes sense now. I want to be cross that the papers published pictures of it, but I'm too excited to care! I honestly thought he'd buy in Primrose Hill or somewhere more central.
L Girl - It's a lovely place to live but I only have a small flat here :( I live just west of the heath if you know the area well.
Ps: I thought Nick's "friend" references this morning were Jamie Hince and Aimee Philips respectively. (Aimee is staying with him at the moment)
- Someone on tumblr (not a One Direction or Grimmy fan) just posted:
"I JUST WALKED INTO HARRY STYLES AND NICK GRIMSHAW IN THE SUPERMARKET AHAHHA."
And when asked what they were doing there, replied:
"What normal people do in the supermarket."
Then replied to another poster asking for details:
"Like I was shopping at my local Waitrose and there they were and I walked into Harry Styles like “oomph.” and then I saw Nick Grimshaw with the trolley behind him and it was like wtf. Harry had two Muller lights in his hands if you’re interested."
- Don't you think Harry Styles looks like Barack Obama with the obvious difference?.Even the facial expressionS.
he's got some fire in those eyes(see fabulous magazine cover
Nick Grimshaw is very skilled,clever and engaging on the radio.
someone somewhere said this "Harry is a clunge magnet who courts a possibly-bi image in order to gain access to more willing clunge.
I, sir, read between the lines.
He's the new Mick Jagger - dances like an androgynous gay (in his heyday) and regularly got access to a smorgasbord of clunge.
DO THE MATH!!!
It's kind of true .Except the dancing part.
He can't dance for shit and i find him the manliest in the band.He's very composed.
i see him married with children &... Anything goes.We'll never know
i'm a fool for you
- Tom Daley and Liam Payne
- You are kidding R19 right? Harry has that round babyface whereas Barry has a long, manly (and quite sexy) face going. I see no physical resemblance.
I saw some slightly disturbing pics of Harrys new tattoos. His arm is raised and his armpit is hairless. Either he hasnt sprouted body hair, which leaves me side-eyeing the 28 year old who dates a guy with delayed puberty.
OR more likely, he is shaving off his body hair, which leaves me side-eyeing the 28 year old who dates a guy who intentionally looks like he hasnt hit puberty yet.
I know theres a moratorium on the Nick-is-abit-creepy talk but this needed to be said.
- I want that little monkey out of the way so I can have Grimmy to myself. He's cute.
- A majority of young men in Europe shave their armpits nowadays, r21. (Personally I find it very unappealing, but that's the way it is.)
- Harry looks like Obama & Grimmy is cute??? God Gawd, is this the Twilight Zone?
Please explain what you find so hot about Grimmy. For my money he looks wierd with that massive head and skinny body. His show is boring as fuck because his sense of humor is non-existent. He has poor self-esteem to have to keep name dropping to impress his audience. I respect that we have different tastes but I would very much like to understand this mans appeal.
- They cut the larry part out of the alan carr interview.
I see they're still trying to play up harry as a manwhore.
- Get off his ass people
he's a singer and that photo was taken before the VMA'S so he must've shave his armpits a bit.You can immagine why :with all the press interviews cameras ,people ..smell ETC
it's crazy even to bring this conversation but he doesn't look hairless to me just strong and diffuse light.
Let the poor kid be for goodness sake.
what the hell is wrong with you
- R18 Just saw that! Although should point out - Muller Light is a yogurt here, not a beer!
Very domestic - I don't often go food shopping with people I don't live with, but that's just me.
The girl definitely isn't a 1D fan, she's shocked that people have blogs dedicated to Nick/Harry. It has become a bit of a "fad ship" lately, what with the disclaiming of Larry etc. and also Nick and Harry being seen together all the time, the upcoming two hour radio show with the two of them. It's a bit irritating, if you're on Tumblr, because it's started to get a lot of the annoying Larry traits.
Feels, IT'S REAL IT'S DEFINITELY REAL squealing, over analysation ... a real shame. Seems to happen with Harry and whoever he's linked with though, including women. Interestingly, a lot of them also think Flack was real. I'm still on the fence with them, myself, but I find the timing of the Flack relationship very suspicious; and the current resurgence in conjunction with the Xtra Factor starting up.
A girl posted up early pics of tomorrow's Fabulous article (her dad is friends with a newsagent, who got it early to put out tomorrow, which makes sense); while with the other boys, they talk about fairly serious things and the effect fame has on their relationships, with Harry it's the same old "older woman" schtick and WHO ARE YOU DATING RIGHT NOW. No mention of Nick at all - and nor was there on Alan Carr, despite pictures of nights he's had out with Nick being shown.
For me, I think it could be one of two things: he's the ladies man of the band, supposedly, so talking about women with him is the go to thing, whether he's straight or not. Or it's all to deflect from his bi/homosexuality. Either way, he once again went for some gender neutral pronouns. Something along the lines of:
"If you like a person, I don't think much else matters."
But that's not verbatim.
I don't really know ... I feel like, they give off vibes of being good friends, but not that close and then they go out shopping together for food, which I do think is very domestic (although not unheard of between friends, I will say, just closer than they sometimes make out). Also, Grimmy can't seem to stop himself talking about Harry for more than half an hour on his show.
I'm feeling a bit tinhatty today, though, so I should probably calm down! Too much wine!
- R21 - I don't know what picture you saw, but there was definitely armpit hair in the one I saw?! Have linked.
He's generally quite hairless (although only 18, to be fair) - doesn't seem to really get facial or chest hair, for example. Not really his fault!
- Oh go change your tampon, R26. We are not all twink lovers. I have not seen the pictures in question but anyone who calls out twink culture is alright by me.
- harry's tattoos looks like doodles you would draw on a notebook.
- [quote]We are not all twink lovers
[quote]anyone who calls out twink culture is alright by me
Sounds like you're the one who finds it hard to accept that others have different tastes.
- R28: WTF. Could Harry have lied about his age on Xfactor auditions? If I had to guess his age based on that snap I would say slow maturing 16.
- I have very little hair under my arms naturally and I'm 22.
By the logic of some people here, I'm a 16 year old who still hasn't hit puberty.
- NW3, Quite glad H didn't buy in PRH! I lived there for a while recently. I'm moving back in the new year & was getting quite worried about the impact he might have on rental prices! I'm not surprised he chose HH as it's more private IMO (& only a 5 min drive from Grimmy)
Links, No mention of H in the NG interview in the Times today either. They talked about his other celeb friends so it seemed like a deliberate omission to me.
Another interesting tweet:
"Just heard a rumour from q reliable source that Harry Styles and Nick Grimshaw are totally sexing"
This was from someone who works in music publishing in London and has just started working for Sony.
- I get the impression Nick cooks for his friends quite often from interviews so he's probably getting stuff to cook. It's actually made me all nostalgic as one of my very close friends used to live just of the Finchley Road and we'd often pop out to the shops there or walk into central London (or town as we used to call it) through Regent's Park. And also spend hours on the Heath when the weather was good just sitting and chatting. Lovely. Thanks for the reminders.
- L Girl - we'll be neighbours soon! We may have passed each other in Waitrose once, and now I'm hearing Grimmy is a regular there, and Harry too! Cheers for that little nugget - going back to the Digitalspy "Grim DJ" mention in november last year which was during "Haroline" and before most people knew they were close friends... the pieces are all beginning to fit. May still be nothing, but may be everything I suspect it is, and more.
Links - I feel the "Gryles" fandom on the internet is very small compared to e.g. the Larry one which shows no signs of abating. But quite! Food shopping with a trolley is very domestic, and buying yoghurt and eggs too - pour petit dejeuner demain, peut etre? Apres un nuit de... quelque chose ;)
Anon R35 - lovely to see another Londoner. I've lived here all my life! I was under the impression that most posters on this thread were American, so future contributors, please say if you're from London :)
(ps: forgot to sign off my R18 post - anyway, was me)
- R35 Completely, this is what I've reminded myself; it is a domestic-looking situation, but there could easily be an explanation behind it. The whole gang could be over there watching X Factor, after all (see Harry's latest tweets, assuming he's still with Nick).
It's definitely the tweets etc. from non-1D fans which sway me. There seems to be a general consensus amongst people that something is going on; but whether they're really in the know or not is debatable. All I would say is that working in the media doesn't always mean you have insider gossip - you're gossip is more valued, definitely, but that's just because of your title; some of these people may just be speculating in the same way that we are.
Sony is definitely interesting though; obviously, with SyCo and everything, it's more likely to have come from someone who DOES have inside information.
I read the Times interview; what he said about never having been in a relationship (the comment about no one being around to make him tea in "that way") sounded very genuine.
Linked is everything Grimmy said about Harry on Monday's show (including the interview itself). I just like the beginning, where he's obviously in the know about waking Harry up/Harry's morning personality. Cute.
(Apologies if I'm incoherent, I really have had too much wine.)
- Not a Londoner NW3 just used to spend a lot of time there either around Swiss cottage/Hampstead or in Richmond and Kew. Got to know them quite well. I am a Brit though although I don't live in England now.
- Oh, for NW3! Not a Londoner currently, but was up until recently and will be again imminently.
Definitely, the "Gryles" (I hate name-smushes) fandom is very small compared to Larry and nowhere near as intense, but I think the general nature of the fangirls that populate these things creep me out?
I love tinhatting, for example, but what some of them do goes above and beyong simple tinhatting if you ask me (this is Larry more than Gryles, for sure). Although, I think a girl in the Alan Carr studio screamed out "NICK" and it's in the aired version? This was while they were showing pictures of Harry out. I don't see how they don't understand that it's embarrassing for the band. If you're going to tinhat, keep it away from the people themselves and have a bit of self-awareness and a good eye on reality.
I think the Larry stuff, for instance, was cut out of the Alan Carr interview because it's not interesting to the general public; the Larry fandom is under the impression that it's because Harry couldn't lie about it and Louis wasn't genuine. Or something along those lines. In reality, that kind of thing won't get them taken seriously by a more adult audience; talking about the fantasies of fangirls, which you are disclaiming but which is fairly run-of-the-mill (this is discounting ALL of the so-called drama surrounding the story and just the basic facts) isn't going to get people hooked.
Or I don't think it would anyway.
- the larry thing was probably cut out because it was awkward as hell.
- he wouldn't ask the question in the first place if he didn't think it would interest his watchers.
- NW3, Ha ha, yes we will! If you see someone that looks a bit like a French teenager, that may well be me! (I'm neither french nor a teen but apparently look it lol) Born and raised in South London so going north of the river is bit of an adventure!
Links, you're absolutely right. Working in the industry doesn't mean these people aren't simply speculating like the rest of us. Just suggests that their speculation is more likely to based on substance I guess.
As the rumours escalate, the less meaningfully some of this stuff is as it's most probably just repetition. The tweets and bit and pieces I saw at the beginning of the year hold more significance IMO.
I also take more notice of those that quote sources, particularly when linked with NG.
Talking of sources, Just discovered a work friend of mine is friends with the features writer for a very big celeb weekly mag (not one my company publishes)
She has already supplied a couple of good bits of gossip which would NEVER make it to print. So far, only about soap and reality stars but I'm hoping for some 1D stuff.
- Are you going to give us any hints as the the non 1D stuff, L Girl? You could do a couple of blinds for us with heavy clues. :) I'm always up for bit of goss.
- R41 Guess not, maybe it's just because I find the whole thing very uninteresting (because I don't see it to be true in the slightest and there are very few instances of "proof" or "evidence" which I see as something to take note of).
It's a bit, "so your fans are mad, what else is new?"
Larry's been touted around the press a bit and it's actually not got anyone (other than fans) speculating, which I think is quite telling. People are speculating more about Harry's relationship with Nick and what's really going on there (by which I mean your average reader of a tabloid, where this sort of story would actually be published).
L Girl - I definitely think the older tweets are worth thinking about; the Sony one possibly because of the placement; but from now anything that's not more than speculation may just be riding on the back of everyone else's speculation, if that makes sense.
I generally liked the Alan Carr interview, but I was kind of expecting a bit more from it. Not necessarily gossip, but just something a bit more in-depth. I know that's not what Alan does and his show is comedy more than character analysis (as opposed to, say, Parky - who as far as I'm thinking right now was the last one to do something like that, there's nothing like that on TV right now), but it still felt very recycled and lacking.
They get told what they can and cannot ask - apparently X Factor is now on that list, though I can't say I mind, being asked about how they started every time got very boring - but it feels like past this list interviewers get stuck. I can't work out whether it's because the list is too long, including relationships etc., which is what a lot of interviews would settle on; or if it's because interviewers can't bear to ask them anything more interesting, because of who they are.
Either way, it felt very much like the past two interviews they've done, with a brief interlude on Perrie and Eleanor, with an obviously missing Danielle.
Is Liam/Danielle breaking up a fact now, btw? I still have yet to see a credible source ...
I feel like we never really get to know Harry at all; all we know for sure is that he's "an 18 year old having fun". Well great, Harry, but what is it you're having fun doing?! Besides the obvious, of course. Not that he owes us an answer, but I would love one ...
- who is speculating about nick and harry besides the people on this site? I haven't seen any articles or anything.
- R45 There are comments beginning to appear in the media about them. The interview Nick did a week or so ago talked of Harry being attached to his hip. Joe Lycett made joke about them on Celeb Juice and the little shout out from the audience on Chatty Man was aired whilst other stuff wasn't. I am sure there are several other examples. I know it isn't major but it is becoming mainstream which the Harry Louis stuff never has. And with that I am shutting my gob and returning to my utter indignation about Nick Griffin's earlier utterances.
- R45 Yeah, what R46 said, and also reader comments on articles online (I don't mean gossip sites, but "proper" media outlets, to use the term loosely). So as well as the actual media, also the general public.
In Fabulous, they said the relationship was under "close scrutiny". I think maybe they meant by Harry's fans; but either way, it's a very odd choice of words. It does make it sound like there's something inappropriate going on (which, in my opinion, even if they're involved it's not inappropriate). However, nothing explicit has been said, so if they did mean that it's an odd thing to put out there.
- what do you think of this
- [quote]The 25-minute interview was slashed to just 13 minutes on screen because they struggled to make the chat look good.
Well then, it was a lot more than Larry that got cut out.
- Yes, but this IS the Daily Star. The lowest of the low.
So for example, we never see any pictures of Niall out drinking. This doesn't mean he's not, but if he was going that wild, there would be leaks?
Zayn may not be out all the time, but there were pictures of him hanging out with Justin Bieber and his friend Alfredo the other week (Justin's face wasn't shown, but photos of him the same day showed the same shirt you could see in the car). And he spends time with his girlfriend.
The Louis rumours yes, okay, that's obviously true.
I can understand why Liam wouldn't want to talk about a very recent break-up, that's just bad timing.
'They only really wanted to talk about their album' - well, I watched, and I didn't even hear much album promo. They did that stupid dance skit AGAIN. Why would they want to talk about The Wanted? All The Wanted have done is badmouth them and they've so far been polite back.
The not willing to talk about personal stuff does pose a big problem, though.
They didn't seem like they didn't want to be there ... but the questioning was definitely restricted and I think keeping the clean image, if that's still what they're going for, is such a mistake. I'm surprised, really; the song is clearly about casual sex? Although as a younger listener you wouldn't necessarily know it. I thought they were going to aim at their older fanbase and that what they said in interview would reflect that, so I'm quite disappointed that so far that's not been the case.
I guess it boils down to who is really making the restrictions: is it their management, or are they saying there are things they won't speak about that are causing problems?
I think next weekend's radio shows will be really interesting to listen to.
Those Perez quotes are ancient and why anyone listens to him I have no idea. And, once again, this is the Daily Star.
- OT: Liam Payne dating Leona Lewis??? I don't think that his breakup from Danielle has been officially announced yet, has it? Oh dear...
- He has said leona was his celebrity crush multiple times, but i doubt he's dating her. I think she has a bf and he still seems sad about the breakup.
- I suspect something is going on between Louis & Liam.
- ok now this is just getting ridiculous.
- There's only 365 days in the year!
What possible explanation could there be for it?
- Do you know where it's from, r54?
- I hope Harry quits.He's to good for this shit.End of story
- Felled by an extra glass of vouvray during X factor I fell asleep ipad in hand mid post! Will post it later, but Liam and Leona?? Harry "bedding" 410 women? Including Pixie and Rihanna - lol. Who uses "bedding" outside the tabloids, by the way?
I do think there are strains showing in the group, but the Daily Star article was just made up from old quotes, the Carr editing and their own suspicions; as usual they've done little research. Like Links said earlier the Alan Carr interview was nothing particularly interesting and almost a carbon copy of their 2 previous Carr interviews, and sadly we no longer have Parky-type interviewers (apart from Piers Morgan maybe) with everyone these days going for laughs. What was the point of yet another dance-off? It would've made sense if 1D were dancers like JLS etc.
- Posting this just for the line: Your mummy or your wife?
Not a fan of tabloids, but The Sun and Mirror >>>>>> Daily Star and Mail Online as they usually come up with readable articles out of non-stories. And they have witty caption writers. Mail Online don't even try - with this story they just published photographs of the house, describing each room as if their readers were either blind or dumb. At least the Sun conjured up a story, even if it's another thinly-veiled excuse to talk about the new house..
- It wouldn't surprise me if there weren't/still aren't press injunctions up on at least one member of One Direction, and more.
The fact that so many fantastical mainstream media stories revolving around certain people (to the point where these stories are almost tripping themselves up) and appear so regularly really suggests to me over-compensation.
Also that their management/PR vehicle clearly went after the Larry fandom time after time to smash it to pieces in the press and media all summer makes me wonder if someone high up was bothered that even 'silly fangirl' gossip would encourage the wider media to start speculating. To some extent the wider media did but it was all in the middle of a huge Larry smashdown so...
- R18 that's just awesome.
Harry, Nick and a trolley + Muller Lights = success!
- When did DL turn into a tiger beat message board?
- [quote]Anon [R35] - lovely to see another Londoner. I've lived here all my life! I was under the impression that most posters on this thread were American, so future contributors, please say if you're from London :)
Not from London, Yorkshire, so can perhaps give some insight into the way northerners like Zayn, Nick and Louis think? Maybe Harry, though he's way across the Pennines from me. :)
I am going to stop calling them Gryles too. It's Harry and Nick from now on. I have also noticed the "fangirl squeeing" on Tumblr erupting in a big way and it bothers me that people can be driven apart or to denial by these sprawling social sites. I feel safe talking on Datalounge because it's a very select crew here. Though I suspect we get the odd invader now and then. No bad thing but I like that our gossip stays lower key here.
- R60 - I never got the impression that 1D's management went after the Larry fandom - quite the opposite. Louis (and not "management") did everything he could to get rid of the gay rumours, as it was the rumours that he was gay and his girlfriend was therefore a hired beard which seemed to bother him, not being linked to Harry. He seemed fine with the Harry stuff before he started dating Eleanor.
However the Harry womaniser/cougar stories started appearing post Grimmy. "Larry" as a bromance began during X Factor, and 1D and their management played it up as they realised it was very popular. I remember thinking "McFly Mark 2" at the time. Harry the womanising cougar lover really took off late last year, and my question is: why is the womaniser thing being pushed so much? It wasn't done with Westlife, was done a bit with JLS's Aston "gay rumours" Merrigold but nothing like this, and certainly wasn't with Busted or McFly. The only comparison is Robbie Williams, and that was to cover up his bisexuality.
- The history of the band can be explained in 1 of 2 ways. Either they did or didn't. Evangelical fundamentalists!
- R63 - hi, and absolutely agree with your post. I don't have a tumblr blog, I'm no longer on facebook and my twitter account has my real name on it and is kept 1D free (I tweet about tennis mainly, and of course was very active during the Olympics tweeting and retweeting with pride). I only found out about this site when someone linked it on their tumblr blog, but I haven't seen that done recently, thank goodness.
I think I'm going to call them N/H or H/N from now on. I too don't like the mushing of names, and it's overdone in the 1D fandom (Nosh? Elounor? Ugh.)
(Ps: keep forgetting to sign off: R64 was me)
- [quote]Those Perez quotes are ancient and why anyone listens to him I have no idea. And, once again, this is the Daily Star.
I think the Daily Star is probably right here, though a 'split' (imo) is nothing to do with what the Daily Star deems 'problems'. From a layman's pov (my own) I personally think at least 3 of this group are fruity (2 moreso than the other) and if so, find deceit difficult. That's not to say they are 'together', btw. I think there are drinking/partying/control issues. There are also people pulling in different directions (aptly, not just one, eh) creatively and too soon for a boyband that expects to survive.
Couple of nice pics this past week of Zayn and Niall dressed up as grunge merchant/hippie types and they actually look the part, and happy. Niall with his guitar, as ever. Love Niall. Did anybody know he can do a really good British accent? He'd be quite good in tv/films.
I think this group is coming to its logical conclusion. Louis admitted to Nick on Radio that he struggles with speaking publicly in this group and Zayn is almost antisocial in a quiet way. He's a goddess.
[quote]ok now this is just getting ridiculous.
See above re: injunctions and what's 'reportable', fun, tee hee. A gay/bi male-leaning Harry would explode heads but we're just fine with him demeaning women (many successful in their own right) the world over into mere 'one night stands', 'chalk ups'.
He said on Alan Carr that many of the girls are his friends and he gets mistaken for dating them and that sometimes it's funny, sometimes not.
[quote]I suspect something is going on between Louis & Liam.
Wouldn't surprise. And am I the only one to mull whether Peazer was a showbiz beard? Not because Liam is gay, but because it would be seen as 'cool'? For the record, I can completely see them as genuine too.
Louis and Eleanor. I don't even need to shine a tinhat for that one. He once called her a 'random tart' when she told him 'I was doing you a favour'. back in the early days. A friend of Eleanor's more recently said on twitter (on hearing Eleanor was off on yet another foreign jaunt: 'Eleanor got a better deal with Louis than I first thought' or something. A 'better deal', yeah right, drop her in it, who needs the Larry fandom to blow cover?
- R43, Z list celebs. One story involves drugs, the other relates to a guy that's currently talking to the press about being recently dumped (but based on what I heard, for reasons very different to those he is giving)
I won't say more as i'm very cautious about what I post on here (the person who provided the info may read these threads for all I know!) They could turn out to be a good source and don't want to lose them before I get the interesting stuff!
I don't reckon 1D will go much beyond their second tour, maybe one last album after that at most.
To me, their image has always been so much younger & more innocent than past boybands (anyone remember TT's first video with the mops?) I think this is a harder place for them to evolve from.
Their new single is shocking IMO and no different from the fillers on the last album. The cover is also clearly aimed at the teen (if not preteen) market. To me, that doesn't suggest an attempt to broaden their appeal in the way necessary for long term survival.
I wouldn't be surprised if their management is simply trying to make as much money as fast as possible because they recognise the end is imminent?
- I can agree that the end does seem near. It's crazy they just started but they all look ready to be done with it already. I feel like after this tour I think they'll either take a long break... Or just end it all together. I mean they must be under a contract, maybe 5 years tops? So I could foresee a break.
As for Harry's image it's just getting so bad it's almost comical. He spends almost all his time with Grimshaw, how could he possibly be such a manwhore. It's as if they want us to buy into his whole womanizing image. When it's quite clear he's not that way. He seems to be quite content in what he and grimmy has going on, so I don't understand the need to force that shit down anyone's throat.
The Alan Carr interview looked so forced. The first two times they were on they seemed more relaxed, but this time around everyone except Niall looked like they rather be elsewhere.
- [quote]When did DL turn into a tiger beat message board?
Oh come on, it's just lighthearted piss-takes and banter. We might like to shred them to bits, I don't think any of us have the matching One D duvet and pillow set.
L Girl, my honest opinion is I think they are not cut out for it, they're too real/ordinary, they can't act plasticly like their management would like. As I said earlier, another 1D clone act, Union J, is in the offing, and let's hope none of them are anything but 100% straight jocks before they sign their souls to SyCo/X Factor or whoever.
I was reading a few nice things that Niall wanted to hang out with Harry and Nick and that he and Harry are socialising more outside the band. Only gossip but... Harry's sister is friends with Niall's brother and their mother, Anne, often tweets affectionately at Niall.
- Shocking indeed, L Girl. I remember reading that they had enlisted the best songwriters in the world and were doing a lot of co-writing... and then they release a Savan/Falk/Yacoub filler as their lead single. Even their 14 year old fans are surprised they've shown no musical progression. What does one expect though from Syco and Modest management, the worst label/management combination any artist coud get?
I'd like to think Harry isn't featured much in the song because he hates it :)
- [quote]I never got the impression that 1D's management went after the Larry fandom - quite the opposite. Louis (and not "management") did everything he could to get rid of the gay rumours, as it was the rumours that he was gay and his girlfriend was therefore a hired beard which seemed to bother him, not being linked to Harry. He seemed fine with the Harry stuff before he started dating Eleanor.
No. They definitely had a go at the Larry fandom all summer, Louis couldn't plant that amount of stuff himself. MVT, Storyboard, UK red tops, blogs, interviews (that are always scripted). It was co-ordinated and very professionally done. Had the stink of high quality and fast moving all over it, coinciding with pictures and articles on 'the happy couple'. Hackford 'eye of the storm' Jones?
Louis is/was within his rights to get grumpy with over-zealous Larry fangirls bothering him directly night and day, but I'm not going to forget that he was the one 'degrading' his own girlfriend well into the start of summer on tour with Harry, knowing full well fans were blogging and analysing their every moves. It probably hit home when Eleanor actually started getting genuine abuse on Twitter/people contacting her uni whining abour Larry and bearding.
Beard or no, no-one should have to put up with that shit and he probably realised he was partly responsible for his own inaction. Coupled with the huge anti-Larry PR media push over the summer, Louis has managed to reappear as a rather baffling heterosexual rose out the other side. The One Direction US tour started as happy gay abandon but finished as a farce.
- re 70.. i read somewhere that one of the union j members is openly gay it said it on his myspace page
- I suggest you screenshot it for posterity, r73 because he'll no doubt have to 'ungay' himself sharpish if they get picked up by the likes of X Factor/Cowel, worse luck.
Is it George Shelley btw? He's a stunner though, isn't he.
- 74..yeah I NO.. no its not George its Jaymi.. Union j, a couple of them already seem gay to me other than Jaymi so who knows
also how do u reply to someone?
- R74, here? You mean as in quote someone? You need to do a square bracket [, write quote in it and close it with another square bracket ], then copy the person's text next to the closed bracket.
This site doesn't handle carriage returns well so all the quoted text can appear squashed together with no line spacing - if you are quoting a lot. That's why most people just quote parts of the same block of text separately.
-  thanks
- R74, what's really weird is George, the asthetically pretty one (though they are all decent twinks), is even dressed in striped shirts and (am I really seeing?) red jeans.
That might be his bag but it strikes me as awfully Louis-alike. The main difference is that upfront, these guys seem to be more musicians with instruments as opposed to a troupe of vocalists.
- R72 - The Storyboard and MTV articles were one and the same - Tumblr's Storyboard did a piece on the 1D fandom and MTV reported it. Considering "Larry" was the 7th most used tag on Tumblr, the Storyboard researchers couldn't exactly ignore it. Blogs and magazines pick out and publish any old 1D story - Koala bear and chlamydia anyone? The Daily Blah publishing a "Larry" denial story is a reflection of journalistic laziness, not Modest management and Hackford Jones going after Larry fans.
The bit Hackford Jones were most likely involved in was some of the photographs of Louis and Eleanor, and why not? Photographs of a boyband member with his girlfriend is always good publicity, gay rumours or not. And considering 95% of the Larry stuff is a load of rubbish, they are only doing what they're paid to do by helping refute the rumours. People doctoring photographs of Harry and Louis, making up stories (e.g. that Eleanor was seen being rude to Harry) and the usual slowed down gifs etc did get way out of hand and had to be addressed.
And I don't understand your comment that the tour "started as happy gay abandon but finished as a farce". Eleanor joined Louis for most of the tour, and each tour night the boys did their usual homo-erotic stuff like whispering in each other's ears. Then often did their own thing during the day (e.g. Harry hanging out with Aimee Philips when they were in NY/NJ). But if someone was expecting "Larry" and saw Eleanor as an inconvenience I supect the tour ended up being a disappointment for them.
Finally, in a lot of their interviews the boys just trot out the same things when asked the same questions; that doesn't mean the interview is scripted. However a lot of the US radio interviews they did were really good. My favourite was one with Harry and Niall, arguably the best pairing for interviews (and in general - I think they have the best friendship in the band) done in Dallas, I think. Worth youtubing if you haven't seen it.
- R79, I think we are going to have to disagree on that one but I enjoyed reading your views, v. interesting. But yes, the tour started out very gay from what I gathered. Whether by accident or design.
On another note, and one I find increasingly embarrassing is the amount of bullshine celebrities in general are now exposing themselves to on Twitter.
For example, Harry is now directly being included into silly Larry fangirls' inter-conversations as if he'll be silently nodding in agreement with them as they berate management on his behalf and allude to him getting it on with Louis. Because they put his name url in the conversation. Just awful.
Someone decided to tweet Liam an "eharmony" link yesterday. I shrivelled when I saw it. Sometimes you cannot believe what you are seeing on there. Some of these girls are so high they think they can bare their souls or cross boundaries with these people with things that should be kept among their own circles or to their blogs. Discuss all you like, but keep it to yourselves. As we do here.
My pet hate chick on tumblr is this one -not even in the UK- who thinks she has the handle on Harry and Louis. I dunno what bullshit her 'source' is feeding her but they conviniently fail to account for much of Harry's actual movements and she thinks that because Louis mum has just started following her on Twitter that she is chosen.
Louis mum is more likely monitoring her.
- Sorry Twitter, not tumblr.
- R80 - that's what I meant about stuff getting out of hand. For some reason people on tumblr thought it was their safe haven, but everything on tumblr gets talked about on twitter and vice versa. So the boys, their girlfriends and friends are constantly exposed to this stuff.
Just browsing the Mail Online who've shamelessly copied the Sun article on Harry's house. I still cannot believe how close the house is to where I live! Might go for a wander later today. In the past I'd deliberately avoid that route as there's a very sharp bend between his street and mine; now I'll be taking that "scenic" route all the time :)
I also came across this gem - url below. As Harry Enfield would've said: Oi, Millibean! No!
- I can imagine the next Harry communique, r82:
'Just spotted oddball outside my house wearing striped bobble hat and tennis racket, brandishing a toaster oven, binoculars focused on my west wing... must be a Sun journalist?'
Then Nick will tweet: 'I thought someone had already focused your west wing'.
Banter aside, I should clarify that when I sad this:
[quote]I dunno what bullshit her 'source' is feeding her but they conviniently fail to account for much of Harry's actual movements
what I meant by that was movements that usually turn out to involve him hanging out with Nick Grimshaw or doing something mundane and ordinary - that we then see papped in the press. In her eyes, Harry is ALWAYS off downlowing with Louis somewhere.
- At about 9.30am this morning and within one minute of each other, they both retreated a pic someone had sent them on twitter adding a comment.
- The constant, conflicting stories of Harry with women reminds me a little of the sort of press Grimshaw himself used to get in the early days of his career, before his sexuality started to become common knowledge. He was constantly linked to varous female friends of his, to the point where it seemed like he was dating them all.
Of course, in reality, he wasn't dating any of them.
In his case it wasn't so much a coverup as the tabloids just being completely and utterly clueless.
- r84, was that the headmelds in leotards? Saw that, very funny.
Love this retweet from Grimmers on the 28th just happening to 'spot' a certain Wossy quote:
[quote]LOL ❤ “@wossy: Still in Ibiza. It was pretty amazing night! Got to bed at 8.....joined David Guetta behind the decks. My knees ache....”
Grimmy, such a slutbucket! :)
Also please take a minute to press play on this and stick with it. I hope the 1D boys get to see this, it's amazing.
- NW3, Any sitings of Flack or Grimshaw, report back!
(That house is a bargain given its size and location)
- R 83 - haha, I hope you'll all vouch for me being an upstanding citizen when I'm inevitably arrested for stalking! And indeed, the "Harry is always with Louis" line of thinking is so... romantic? Like life is always perfect in Larry world, except for when they are fighting management.
L Girl - I think it cost what it did because it's a new build. As you may know already, the original house was knocked down some time ago and this one was built in the 80s or 90s, although partly in keeping with the original (relatively high ceilings, fireplaces). And it is on a B road, and a bit too close to the local pub for many. But I think it's an excellent buy for Harry* as the high walls make it secure, there's enough parking for his cars, and it's very close to 2 golf courses (one 18 hole, the other 9 hole but very scenic) and bang in the middle of the loveliest park in London.
I remember Mark Ronson tweeting "good luck with the house" to Harry some time ago. I wonder if he paid cash?
*And would've been for me, if I had his money. Sigh :(
- [R86] yes it was the leotards pic.
- [quote] As for Harry's image it's just getting so bad it's almost comical. He spends almost all his time with Grimshaw, how could he possibly be such a manwhore. It's as if they want us to buy into his whole womanizing image. When it's quite clear he's not that way. He seems to be quite content in what he and grimmy has going on, so I don't understand the need to force that shit down anyone's throat.
His reputation has been ridic for a long time though. The people reading tabloids don’t usually dig deep either, so snap it up. Harry sometimes speaks out but it’s so neutral and unflustered whatever he says gets ignored or gobbled up by the next story du jour.
The only way he is going to stop it is if he does a high profile interview that refutes that reputation. If it’s not true perhaps he has gone along with it because it’s better the devil you know than them digging deeper into your actual life, whatever that may be, with/without? Slutting with women may be easier from a PR pov than having the press hone in on you? At least it buys breathing space, but at what cost?
It’s got so silly it makes me wonder if the media is trying to drop hints by running such overlapping stories, like a ongoing joke. And it perpetuates the idea that girls/women of all ages are just there to be shagged and cast off by a James Bond type but that does not seem to translate into the reality of Harry Styles, most recently out with Nick (again) and a Waitrose shopping trolley.
He's at times so incongruous with his own manwhore press image. That's what I like about him.
- In other news, Gangnam Style may well stop 1D from getting to number 1 in the UK this week. Normally the act that ends up in the number 1 spot come sunday is already at number 1 on itunes around 1pm the day the single is released, but LWWY is stuck at 2. There's nothing wrong with number 2 of course but if it happens it'll be really bad publicity for them, as they thrive on all the stories of them being the biggest boyband breaking this record and that record etc.
I give Harry until the end of next year's tour. What he'll do if/when he leaves is anyone's guess. He may try a solo career, form his own indie band or gig with an established band (White Eskimo, Concept, Paddingtons).
- NW3, That makes sense. Not a fan of new builds, prefer the Georgian terraces of PRH myself (not that I'd turn down H's place obv)
When he was originally looking, the DM reported that 'it wasn't just for him'
I'd love to know who he is moving in with? (& hoping it's not Flack)
To the person asking where the speculation re G&H was coming from (other than here) Sugarscape have even started making cheeky references (see latest piece re Dick Turpin)
- [quote]In other news, Gangnam Style may well stop 1D from getting to number 1 in the UK this week.
Are physical copy sales still a significant factor in the single charts? Or are they negligible nowadays (and only relevant for albums)? Because I think Gangnam Style will be way behind in that department.
- Absolute fucking beauty.
Harry Styles new home haunted by a big Dick.
Oh and Liam 'devastated' Payne dating Leona Lewis. Another X Factor child.
Anyway, but that's nothing up to Big. Dick.
I am loathe to suggest adorable TV presenter Michaela Strachan takes her Great British Ghosts programme to Harry's house in case she is, by the next day, somehow 'dating' him.
- L girl - me neither. I live in a Victorian conversion and its original period features is one of the reasons I'm still here. But I'd grab Harry's house just for the other things. And once I plonk a chimney or 2 on top of it, folk would be none the wiser...
Both Flack and Grimshaw bought their own properties this year. Flack used to rent in Muswell Hill but she's since bought in east London. He may move someone like Sam Teasdale in with him, or a friend from home who wants to move to London, or he may live alone - the Daily Mail probably made that up, considering he's never given a proper interview about his house buying plans.
I saw the Sugarscape article, and there was an article in Heat a few weeks ago which very clearly suggested that the writer thought there was something going on between N and H. Something like "of course we knew Caroline Flack was joking when she drunk-tweeted Grimmy about him having sex with Harry - we know Harry loves women and it is therefore no more than a very very strong bromance".
I still think 1D will get to number 1 come sunday, but I can see Syco refreshing itunes nervously every hour. Hopefully they'll put some more effort into the next single.
- [quote]I still think 1D will get to number 1 come sunday, but I can see Syco refreshing itunes nervously every hour. Hopefully they'll put some more effort into the next single.
I wish SyCo would put as much effort into sorting his moobs out. They're still atrocious.
- R93 - Missed your post. The itunes singles chart excludes physical sales and EP sales. Physical sales don't count for much these days, but EP sales do.They're number one on the itunes album chart from EP sales so yes, they'll probably end up at number 1 come sunday but it won't be an easy number 1 like WMYB was, where there was no threat.
R96 - I meant Syco the record company not Syco the owner. But I agree, he really does need to sort his unsightly moobs out :)
- R91 The 1D song was only released today so it won't chart until next week (probably at #1)
- [quote]The itunes singles chart excludes physical sales
Oh, I know. I just thought that maybe iTunes wasn't the be-all-and-end-all - but I guess when it comes to singles, it is.
But as you said, the fact that it's no. 1 on the EP charts is a big factor. I think when the single and EP sales are combined, it will definitely get to number 1.
Now let's see how it'll do in the US come tomorrow.
- "He's Turpin On My Cobbles, Nick Grimshaw In My Heart" (A Black Bess/Dappy remix).
- "To me, their image has always been so much younger & more innocent than past boybands (anyone remember TT's first video with the mops?) I think this is a harder place for them to evolve from."
The reason they won't evolve is b/c they are talentless product created by the machine. Mediocre singers, no dance skills, no songwriting ability nor musical ability (the top US boybands had all that). Also, if one compares them to the American boybands then NO, they are not more innocent. In fact, all this talk of GF's is way more adult than boybands of the past who walked the 'womanizer' line by the press along with the being 'unattached' line. The latter lie b/c management didn't want them to lose the teen girls.
Harry is no different in that he's the 'womanizer' of the group. Every boyband has a boy who represents a 'type'. The playboy, the quiet one, the funny one, the artist, and the baby. These are the usual 'types'.
In addition, male celebs get connected to whatever woman is next to them. It has happened forever, thus, 'Harry the womanizer' is no different from NSYNC fans thinking that Justin and JC were getting pussy everywhere (of course most of us grown ups knew it was Joey who was getting the most pussy but since Joey was the one who had the longtime gf in Nsync, no one could out him as the whore he truly was).
"When did DL turn into a tiger beat message board?"
I guess you weren't here when we had mulitiple Nsync threads who's thread post count would go up over 3,000 on each thread. Those were the fun days on DL. Well except for the Prancing Ponies but let's not mention those psychotics (very similar to the Larry shippers).
These guys are totally going to break up after this album. Harry is being set up as the 'womanizer', ha, b/c the press can already see that he's going to be a future tabloid star, plus, management is pushing him like they did Nick Carter and JT (of course he's a less talented version of those two). Harry's behavior reminds me of Lance Bass who would hang out with a bunch of people but there would always be one specific guy who followed him around like a puppy, EVERYWHERE. So Lance and his boy would do the same as Harry and Nick (party, go to lunch, spend time with each other, etc). Only differences are that Harry doesn't have Lance's top swagger (I guess b/c Lance was a Top who's dick appeared to control his love lorn pretty boytoys). Also, Lance always went for the hottest, best built guy around unlike Nick, who's got personality but lets face it, the teens also don't want him with Harry b/c he ain't pretty enough. There is no fantasy to be had when a dude looks like a regular, untoned, basic white guy. Sorry.
B/c of twitter and tumblr and b/c the group will break up, nothing will protect Harry when he gets caught out there with Nick doing something that can't be explained away with the 'friend' line. He's also doing the same thing JC Chasez did, which was do the pronoun game since he knew that ultimately, he'd get caught and he didn't want to appear like a lying hypocrite by only using the terms, 'girl, woman'. Harry might even have the balls to out himself as bisexual to the press. That would make him interesting.
- Old School, do you think that the sterotypical boyband is a dying concept?
There always seems to be an audience but I dunno, the whole schtick seems to be dying back with the waning poularity of shows that make boybands these days, like the X Factor.
The emphasis seems to be much more on the solo artist and the collaborator.
I agree Harry would make a very interesting public out bisexual if he were and chose that path. I personally think he is gay (could well be wrong) but coming out as bi or in a not totally committal way like Frank Ocean/Nick Grimshaw did, gives room to move.
- R98 - I am aware the song was released today; that's why we're talking about it! In the UK If you've not got to the top 3 on itunes at close of play on the day of release you don't stand a chance at number 1, unless it's a charity song with strong physical sales.
I use kworb to to track how singles are doing - have linked it below. You can see LWWY is catching Gangnam Style - the closer to 1 a song is, the closer it is to overtaking the number 1 song, which always has a score of 1. The 2nd column shows where is was in relation to the number 1 song an hour or 2 earlier. If the numbers on both columns are the same it means the song has peaked. 1D's number keeps increasing so they should be number 1, unless their sales are heavily frontloaded (happens with acts that have dedicated fanbases)
R99 - I worded the reply badly; I meant to say "the information I'm using excludes physical singles and EP sales". It'll be interesting to see how it does in other markets; it's already in the top 10 on itunes in Italy, Sweden, Ireland, Auwtralia, NZ, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Netherlands, Norway and Switzerland.
- Ha, this thread is slowly turning into a general 1D discussion! Anyway, here's a somewhat harsh Sunday Times interview and short video (Style magazine, one of the ST's supplements)
Old School - I think 1D could develop musically the way Take That did - Gary was always a songwriter and played the piano but the others were no different to 1D really. But their record company is taking the easy route that is "make as much money while we can and run". And the way they are marketed means their fans are mainly focused on the boys' image and looks. For example, they have their 1st single from album 2 released today but your average tumblr blog is arguing over Liam's new haircut and who tops between Louis & Harry.
They've done well enough thus far though - if Harry can buy a £3 million house at 18, I'm sure 2 albums and 2 tours will mean they don't ever go on the dole (assuming they don't fritter away their earnings, but that would apply to anyone and everyone).
- I bought The Times this morning and read the interview ... I thought it was a very odd article, to be honest. For one, it's strange to be quite so harsh on a group who have agreed to interview for you, when presumably their time is very tight; they don't have to do the interview.
Personally, I found the article very funny - as an older 1D fan (compared to a 14/16 yr old girl, who I think would be very offended on their behalf) - because it was very honest, complimentary where she felt due and also very witty in general.
Many papers will have a policy where copy is not available to be read over by PR/Management companies - papers like The Times that is - because it compromises the identity of the author and takes out the personality in their writing, so this might be how it went through.
Her description of Harry killed me. No real references to his sexuality, of course, but then she seemed to find him distinctly non-sexual herself and more like a child. Although she did label him Lolitus.
She called them as exactly what they appear to be. Although - and I'm not saying she should have, necessarily, although it makes me wonder if she'd really read many cutts - she didn't seem to know that much about them, or to have watched/read past interviews. Not that the article should be littered with references, but with a short amount of time to interview someone and really get their personalities across, it tends to be a journalists preference to see how they've been portrayed and how they've tried to portray themselves in previous interviews.
Then again, maybe she did, and then discarded it with the argument that much of it was, in her words, "noninformation". Which is, of course, the crux of their answers; they give little away, but hype up the fangirls with cute quotes and stock answers they know will be well-received.
Particularly telling, I think, was Niall's comment on not objectifying women, which Camilla Long found baffling. It's almost as though "oh, question on sex/kissing/dating girls, time for the line on not objectifying, girls love how sensitive that is" and the interviewer is just like, "no, I'm asking who attracts and pulls the most girls, that's not objectification".
Usually they get a round of "awww"s for that line.
- [quote]and who tops between Louis & Harry.
To be fair, this has historically always been one of tumblr's better debates.
- R102, Boybands are cyclical in nature. The market needs a boyband or a teen heartthrob for every generation of teen girl. So 1D and the ilk of boybands will last at most for a few years and then in a few years you'll have another boyband sensation. That's the nature of pop music. It ain't gonna change.
Every boyband has a slightly new take on things. It's interesting how we usually have two big boyband acts going around at the same time. We had Beatles (we can argue they were talented young male group) vs The Monkeys. Jackson 5 vs The Osmonds. Menudo vs New Edition vs NKOTB. Take That vs Boyz II Men. BSB vs. NSYNC. Otown vs Westlife. Jonas Bros and now 1D.
They are all boybands but they offer something different to the fans. Whenever we had two competing boybands people usually choose the one's they clicked with. As a baby girl I loved Menudo (my first concert and I was in the pit! *sniff* Will never forget hunky Johnny Lozada, pretty Xavier and tragic Rene). Then I fake cried for Boyz II Men while never caring for NKOTB. Then I followed NSYNC even though BSB had stronger harmonies and arguably better singers.
I think the problem with 1D is that they aren't doing anything new. They aren't raising the bar, no growth. They even have lives. Hello, when did that happen? Boybanders used to spend years and 16 hours a day working on their singing/routines. If not, out the door. To hear these 1D boys indicate that do very little all day (in terms of working on music, routines) makes me think they expect everything handed to them. Were is the passion and the work ethic? That's one reason they will die quick.
A few years from now, another boyband will explode. We always need about five members so that ever 'type' is covered and little girls can cream their panties for their 'favorities'. The hope is that they won't be as manufactored as 1D. So that the natural talent of the boys can help carry one or two to solo stardom. At this point I only see Harry being carried toward tabloid magazine stardom a la Kardashians. He doesn't show the drive or ambition of a JT.
- [quote]Then again, maybe she did, and then discarded it with the argument that much of it was, in her words, "noninformation". Which is, of course, the crux of their answers; they give little away, but hype up the fangirls with cute quotes and stock answers they know will be well-received.
I get the sense she's treating them as product, which is very much what they are as One Direction, ensemble. So there's no cute backhanders here.
It's like, welcome to the critical adult world, One D. And don't give me your stock answers. Maybe she was also annoyed because they were likely chaperoned in by that Paul character and told what to say/not to say and what she could ask.
In a sense she sees through them, so his may seem harsh but I think like many of us, we want to know who the REAL One D are, not the blousy cute images fed to young girls that we're all given (because any adult knows they are nowhere near that sugary image). I think this is the adult world demanding more of them now. That's interesting.
- The one thing I've noticed in the few interviews I've seen this week (including the one in the Times) is that Harry is certainly playing up to his womanising image?
This seems out of sync with the view that he uses gender non specific pronouns so as not to mislead the public?
- The Times article was mean, often in an unfair way (e.g., the author showcases her lack of basic research/preparation as though it reflects negatively on them, not on her) - but some of it was hilariously bitchy.
[quote][Louis] is anxious and the colour of Tango. He’s a bit frightening, like Joan Collins or Dina Lohan.
And I agree with Links about the "objectifying women" part. It always sounds so forced.
- Were these all print interviews, L Girl? Because I've noticed that for all of them what is attributed to them in print does not necessarily match up with what they say in recorded interviews. When there's a camera on him Harry tends to play down the womanising.
And I don't know about the other UK tabloids but the Daily Mail have been linking Harry and his "close friend" Nick for a while and going by some of the comments their general readership are picking up on it.
- [quote]At this point I only see Harry being carried toward tabloid magazine stardom a la Kardashians. He doesn't show the drive or ambition of a JT.
I think it's supremely hard for anyone to judge his 'drive and ambition', given he has had a short shelf life thus far and it's only been in these past few months we've seen anything near to who he possibly really is and where his musical interests lie. He did knock about in a school indie band before 1D and probably has songwriting skills and a ear for music.
I have no idea if he is classically trained or can read music, because outside of the 'I love cougars, me' rep, there really hasn't been much to go on in terms of seeing the real Harry Styles background and love of music on any level that's not shoeshined for tweeners hoping to prospectively date him. To his credit he has a powerful voice and a good stage presence.
I think L Girl put it best when she said Harry was just politely tolerating the naffness of One Direction. Tbh I can see him in a non-musical career in the longrun, a human rights lawyer or teacher, but of all of them he is among those that could have a musical career when this is over on his voice alone. In a world of competitive vocalists though, is that enough?
- [quote]This seems out of sync with the view that he uses gender non specific pronouns so as not to mislead the public?
The gender neutrals were rolled out for the Fabulous interview if I recall but he doesn't do it all the time. I think a lot depends on how he's marketed to certain audiences.
Some of it seems tongue in cheek (the womanising stuff).
- R111, All print interviews.
You're right about the Daily Mail although I think it may have been the other way around?! (online comments about H being gay and with Grimmy were appearing at the bottom of their articles 6 months ago)
I've often wondered whether the authors of these pieces took note of that sort of thing?
(Harry looks about 12 in the Times pics which I do find a bit disturbing tbh!)
- [quote][Louis] is anxious and the colour of Tango. He’s a bit frightening, like Joan Collins or Dina Lohan.
Jolly Jesus, that says it all doesn't it?
As if you need Harry's roving hands and the Larry fandom to out you?
Being compared to supercow Joan Collins and White Oprah and then some bitch noticing your bronzer was three shades darker than her's on a wet Wednesday morning? I mean, come on...the end.
- So to that twitter chick that assumes Harry and Louis are off boning at every opp, Louis is oop north doing his charity football match and parading Eleanor on the pitch like a show pony (but after a week of Larry denials, twitter blowups and being likened to 2 clapped out old bitches she's probably a welcome distraction).
And equally absent Harry was supposedly seen trundling around Waitrose with Nick Grimshaw, yoghurt in hand.
- "I think it's supremely hard for anyone to judge his 'drive and ambition', given he has had a short shelf life..."
Uh, nope. We can totally judge his drive and ambition. Maybe you've heard of a young band from the past, Panic at the Disco? EVERY interview with Panic from the FIRST onward included a mention of Ryan being a songwriter blah blah blah. And Panic got together when they were YOUNGER than 1D. Ryan Ross wrote Panic's songs and Brendon's musical ability were always front center in the press b/c they were the front men and not just pretty things to ogle. It's called branding.
1D nor Harry have much to offer and that's why he doesn't go on and on about songs he's working on or musical instruments he plays. For example Timberlake wrote the XMas song with JC Chasez when he was around 15. We Nsync fans knew that the group were boybanders but at least two were serious writers and musicians.
Harry is a shallow thing and that's why we hear nothing of his deep love for songwriting and all we hear is about his tattoos and supposed womanizing. If he had anything to offer we would know about it, just like the past boybanders who we knew played instruments, wrote songs and worked on production.
"I have no idea if he is classically trained or can read music."
BINGO. He is a product thus he can't sell himself as anything deeper than shaggy hair and a dick.
BTW, tweeners love 'the artiste' which is why Panic fans would blather on about Ryan's 'deep lyrics' (that's a laugh) or Brendon's ability to plan multiple instruments. If any of 1D had depth we'd hear about this too b/c no band/management wants a brand made up of looks and no substance. Even if their main audience is 8-16 year olds.
- I liked Ms Long's description of Louis. And Harry as Lolitus :) I didn't mind the interview in all honesty but as has been said, it isn't cool to admit you did no research. And she doesn't do sneering well; she needs to learn from the likes of Alexis Petridis.
LWWY has finally made it to number 1 on itunes. Syco can breathe easy!
- You lost me at 'shallow'.
- BTW that interview was hilarious. So much agreement with her and so many great lines. Some of my favorites:
"The only things they still have control of is their hair and sleeve-rolling. All crucial decisions here — “What’s crucial?” asks Louis — “come 100% down to us”, he nods."
"Upstairs they try on yet more padded jackets and skinny jeans, and gab about Perry and debate which tops are “more Harry” or “more Liam”, even though all the tops are exactly the same, and they are too."
"The dream is to be Gary Barlow or Take That, minus the overeating and the drug abuse"
"The band’s strength lies in its complete lack of maverick talent, the fact that they are five nice, very mediocre lads.."
- "Harry is a shallow thing and that's why we hear nothing of his deep love for songwriting and all we hear is about his tattoos and supposed womanizing. If he had anything to offer we would know about it"
Not if they're acting out carefully scripted parts Old School?
- L Girl, you really think they are acting out carefully acted scripts? I guess like Harry's script where he's photographed with Nick even though it goes against his 'image'? No script is going to make the group's brand look like it's product with little talent.
Especially if they are trying to sell Harry or one of the others for a solo career when 1D breaks up. Goes against everything we know about marketing and public relations. I think in this situation what we see (manufactored product) is what we get (manufactored product with no substance).
The boys in 1D have a lot of power to show their musical talent. Even brief mentions on twitter about writing lyrics or music for songs is a simple way to show themselves without it being interviews, etc. They could post links to their playing instruments at home (that's what a number of artists do to keep fan interest over what they are working on). Harry's independant enough to become very close with a 28 year old gay men and yet has no power to show that he has depth or musicality? Not buying it.
The idea that it's all a carefully scripted thing is a bit weird in our current social media climate. Besides, isn't one of thing the 1D fangirls love claiming is that 1D are so real and genuine on stage? Can't have it both ways.
- Old School, I guess all I'm saying is that we can't really say for sure what these boys are like as people or what hidden talents they may or may not have as we don't really know how true the image they are putting out there is?
- Panic!, from what I remember, were going for a very different audience; they weren't marketed at your average teen highschooler, but someone quirkier - emo, basically. I was probably 16/17 when they were around and they weren't my cup of tea - I was obsessed with Placebo and then The Horrors at the time - but the girls who liked them were all complete scenesters (as in, the original kind of scenester, who also liked Hellogoodbye, poor-quality screamo and FOB). The kind of girls who these days wouldn't like One Direction - or wouldn't admit to it, anyway.
One Direction's success, I think, lies in that they are accessible to your every day teenager; Long actually said it best when she said they were nice and mediocre, because that's what is so appealing. They're very accessible because they're not perfect, oiled, choreographed MEN who you won't find next door, at your school or at the local shopping centre. 1D are very much those boys, because that's where they came from.
Their stock answers, whether scripted or carefully honed by the boys themselves, are quite shallow; but that just leaves room for fangirls to read whatever they like into their personalities. Where else has the image of feminist, anti-heteronormative Harry Styles come from? Deep, philosophical Zayn? Sweet, puppy-dog Liam Payne (who is, we must remember, friends with the reviled Andy Samuels, who I actually have no problem with)? Niall, who cries when girls say they don't like him/or, more recently, is a total bro? The only one who seems to be crafting a really specific image is Louis, the "sassy" one, but then he says in interviews that he's nervous in front of crowds and the interviewer twigs that he's basically neurotic.
Either way, they do actually say that they're very involved with the song-writing on the album - whether you think the songs are good or not - and apparently when the album comes out we are to see far more solos/singing from Zayn, Niall and Louis. Liam is apparently the best song-writer and really thinks about what he's writing rather than rhyming, or something like that.
Also on the ST Style interview, which I thought was strange; the photoshoot seemed completely at odds with the content. If you weren't aware, it was shot by Juergen Teller - who apparently has said he wouldn't want to shoot GaGa or Madonna, but his daughter is a fan of 1D, haha - and had a very Nordic/indie/bleached vibe to it. Which I love, I like that kind of photography in general, and I think it suited them, particularly Harry and Zayn (yes, Harry looked young, but I'm past the point of caring that I find someone who looks like a teenager - is a teenager - attractive).
Yet her content pegged them as children - the Haribo comment; the references to milk, which I don't think were unintentional; the attention spans; making fun of their figures of speech and informality - which really didn't match up. I felt like she was meant to have gotten a more in-depth interview, but whether that was the fault of the restrictions no doubt placed on her or her lack of research into what would actually be appropriate to ask them, I don't know.
I haven't read the Fabulous interview throughout, although I did read Harry, Louis and Niall's sections yesterday. I thought it was awful how the interviewer plumbed the other boys for information on Harry, as though they were the supporting cast, really tacky. Harry I think did his usual "me and Caroline are still friends, I really just like women, of all ages, shapes and sizes, anyone can have me".
I suppose if he didn't answer the questions on women he wouldn't be in the article at all, they never ask him about what music he likes; where he goes out; why he's found a place with his group of friends; what he finds difficult about fame. Yet Louis, Zayn and Liam, at least, get asked questions around these subjects. I feel like it's a paradox with Harry; he's given the least interesting things to answer and say, yet he's always at the centre of the questioning.
- Old School Nsync and BSB were manufactured by Lou Pearlman. Who worked the kids like they were cart horses and stole every penny they made (and if rumours are to be believed a whole lot more) there is nothing to sentimentalise about that sorry messed up affair.
If we are going to compare Harry to anyone it should be Robbie Williams.
Gary Barlow was the song writer in Take That, the important one and so could called the shots to an extent, the others (Robbie included) were there to look pretty and do as they were told.
Robbie had to leave Take That before he was able to come into his own or show even a hint of his talent beyond the natural charisma he and Harry share with so few others.
If we zipped back in time to 1993 and told every one that the cute one in TT with the cheeky smile that was always making everyone laugh, would develop a serious drug problem, leave and within 4 years time be one of the best lyricist and performers in the world, they would laugh in our faces.
Boybands (yes EVERY boyband) are not about talent they are about making money for record labels. We will only know what Harry can do once he leaves and has his freedom back.
- Niall has posted videos of himself playing Guitar with Olly Murs, with friends, alone and also when he went to Westfield with Liam.
They do tweet about writing in the studio, when they are in the studio.
Harry I have no idea - maybe he doesn't play an instrument or have amazing song writing abilities. But he's got a good and quite interesting voice, and has expressed an interest in alternative music. He's also mentioned learning guitar from Niall and also their guitarist from the tour.
You don't have to be a song-writer or play an instrument to be a successful popstar, anyway.
- L Girl, there will always be 'the image' being sold BUT there are also statements and actions which give us an opening as to a person's true self. Especially in this social media world. That's how we know that Louis has a bitch side (just like Chris Kirpatrick did in NSYNC). Even with boybanders, they aren't playing a role all the time, parts of personality always leak out. We're not living in the Golden Era of Hollywood where everyone's image was micromanaged and we didn't have social media giving us insight into the true nature of people.
What I'm saying is that their behavior in regards to their musicality demonstrates their (lack of) drive, ambition and interest. Even boybanders sell their musical interest/talent side. It's just done. Period. When it's not done it's because there is nothing real to show.
- R125 - Indeed. Gary and Robbie went solo around the same time, and I remember everyone expecting Gary to do really well with Robbie flopping. Which he kind of did, at least with the first 3 singles which all did OK but not anything spectacular. Everyone still remembered him as the womanising-but-possibly-gay "fat dancer" from Take That who followed the Gallaghers around Glastonbury like an unwanted stray. Then he released Angels, which he "co-wrote" (i.e. added a word, changed a line) and the rest is history. He did eventually develop a very good song-writing partnership with Guy Chambers, but at the time of Angels, he wasn't known for song writing, wasn't thought to have a particularly strong voice and couldn't play instruments. He just released the right song at the right time.
- Old School, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one!
I like your posts though. It's good to have a non UK view here (I'm assuming you're not from the UK so apologies if I'm wrong!)
- No one is romanticizing NSYNC or BSB. Lou did NOT steal every penny. BSB and NSYNC were survivors who LEFT Lou early enough that they were able to make tons of money for themselves, unlike Menudo who's boys were sexually abused and had very little after they got kicked out of the group when they reached the age limit. We know Chris went to Lou and sold the idea. We know Lou signed them and worked them like dogs. Fans of NSYNC suspect JC got whored out (IIRC he stayed at Lou's house), while Nick Carter's parents sold him out to Lou Perlman (there was talk from AJ's mom who implied that Nick was Lou's favorite home visitor). Poor guy. They got out, thankfully, although we can argue that Jive was another master.
Point is that these bands had something besides being product. Even though every boyband is sold to get the cash from the kiddies. Point was we heard about their musical abilities (piano, guitar, songwriting, etc), drive and interest in music.
Panic had the scenesters and the fat little fangirls oogling them. Clearly the boys banged the scenesters and made fun of the fat acned obsessives. There is always crossbreeding. NSYNC and BSB had the little girls, the older teens and young adults along with the middle aged heifers (who generally went after JC. Poor JC, always the sexually harrassed target).
No one has rose colored lenses except Harry fans who somehow think he's got a lot more to him than he shows. Robbie Williams to me was always the star who had the desperate desire to break out and get attention. I don't see the same hunger in Harry, although time will tell.
- Not exactly how it happened lol His first album has some of his best songs (Angels funnily enough isn't one of the best imo) and was co-written with Guy Chambers. So the song writing talent was there from album 1. It was just fighting with all his other problems (drugs, drink, depression etc) what Angels did was capture the public's heart. Before Angels he was a washed up boybander who was in and out of rehab who had written a pretty decent solo album. After Angels he was the tortured soul who had opened his heart to the nation and cried on our shoulder and it was pretty hard not to fall in love with him. He released the right song at the right time, but not just anybody could have made that song as huge as it was because not just anybody has Robbie's damaged soul thing going on.
Gary Barlow is a decent song writer but has the charisma of a plank of wood, his solo career was dead in the water before it started, he unlike Robbie needed TT.
Harry shares Robbie's charisma (which really is rare) and I will be keeping an open mind as to if he has any other talent's hidden away cause Robbie's sure as hell were.
- He wasn't known as a songwriter at the time of Angels, which was my point; at the time he was known for all the other things I mentioned. I think you're romanticising it a bit - Gangnam Style has exploded all over the world right now, but no-one is falling in love with Psy. Sometimes the right song at the right time is all that's needed. Once Angels took off the album started selling, and as I said, the rest is history (though his success never travelled across the pond)
- Old School just because you do not see drive in Harry does not mean it is not there ;)
- Gots to agree that Barlow had no charisma while Robbie was the charismatic one with IT from TT. Maybe we saw it different in America than the UK, but that's what I remember from TT. Like I said before, Harry has front man charisma. There is always the one dude in the boyband who has it (MJ, Bobby Brown, Jordan Knight, Robbie Williams, Nick Carter, Justin Timberlake) thus it ain't that rare. Question is, will he burn out like Bobby or branch out like JT. If Harry has Robbie Williams career he would be very lucky and it would be a rare feat.
- I think it's interesting that apart from Harry (and, I guess, Mark Ronson) all of Nick's close celebrity friends are women (or gay).
- Anyone reading nick and Caroline flack's latest tweets?
- @r136 I'm looking at them. They sure are interesting.
- Poor 1D. What a tense week it's going to be for them; they could end up at number 3! Rihanna has overtaken them on itunes and she has form when it comes to 1D - thanks to her their album didn't get to number 1 here. Gangnam Style is also not far away and could overtake...
Word of advice for the future, Syco - release better songs :)
- Getting beaten by "Gangnam Style" would be kind of humiliating.
- I thought they'd be in this week's chart! God, got so confused.
If they have to wait a week, I don't think they'll stick at the top.
- Found this thread and thought i post my views on Grimshaw/Styles,english isnt my first language so excuse any mistakes.
I kind of always found their friendship a bit obscure,they pressumably met and became friends at an awards event around October 2011 then the next thing you know they were spending Christmas and Valentine's together,Grimshaw hosted a birthday party for Styles and they also attended a fashion event together accompanied by Grimshaw's mother and Styles was seen leaving Grimshaw's flat early in the morning looking very tired (for all the above there are articles/pics/tweets by them).It just seemed weird to me since it all happened in a short period of time and it couldnt be possible for them to develop such a close friendship in so little time since Styles was on and off on tour,may i add that Grimshaw seems to be one of the first people Styles runs to when he returns from tour.
Also Grimshaw has tweeted multiple times during One Direction's xfactor days,openly expessing his preferation/crush(take it as you wish)on Styles and he's known for liking them young.
Fastforward to now they do seem to spend as much time together as possible and really what a young popstar is doing with a 28 year-old man while he could be partying with models and such? It's really weird to me and given the fact that Grimshaw definitely is smitten by the boy and has mentioned in his show that he has kissed a popstar(i think it was the during morning Emma Watson show?)and generally dropping hints all over,i can't help but think they may have a thing going on,not dating,maybe a friends-with-benefits situation(do they still call that?)
PS: i agree with the above views that One Direction seem to be reaching their end after the WW tour.
- Has anyone else seen the atrocious Fabulous cover photo of 1D? I was horrified when I saw ZAYN... oh dear God!?! He is so scrawny, looks just sick and unhealthy. Is he ok I wonder? Drugs? Stress? I can't believe they published that photo.
And Louis is at it again, trying to prove to the Twitterverse that he is indeed not gay. This time, a fangirl questions that he got an ear pierced. And again, Louis wasn't even mentioned by his full name or tagged in her tweet at all, and he does not follow this girl on the account from which she tweeted...weird. How is Louis finding these tweets? What do you make of this???
- that Zayn guy is manorexic.UH he lookss terrible and it's to bad.
Harry Styles on that cover ,my Lord ..his eyes are mercurial.It's inevitable not to buy his cover.He's magnetic .SEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
this 2 are the only ones i care about
i hope Zayn eats something
& i am gonna have some fun tonight with that Harry picture
friends or lovers i have no ideea but Nick Grimshaw is one lucky guy /either way
- zayn does look terrible on that cover, it's weird he looks so tiny...and Louis looks taller when he is the shortest one. The other pictures are much better.
Louis probably searches his name or something. Idk why he would do that though.
- Listening to nick's show and he's talking about cooking for "his friend" who stayed over on Saturday and how they went shopping ( sounds like the spotting a few days ago of him and Harry) for food so he could cook for them. They were supposed to be watching x-factor, and he said he missed most of it because he was being domestic lol. He said it took ages and his friend kept asking if he should just take him out. He said he ended up making the pie though and was very proud. He then said him and his friend went to lunch with another friend the next day and he couldn't stop bragging about making his pie. They spend so much time together.
- 145... I no when ever nick says my friend he is always talking about harry which I find adorable!!!
- it's completely normal to discuss stuff about his life and his happenings on the radio that's what you do
Nick never talked about Harry on paper( in detail) so stop insinuating stuff
He is very respectable with Harry's image and very careful with the media.
radio is just banter,vaporr.He knows what he's doing.
- I wonder why and for how long this image of Harry is going to continue to be in the press day after day. It's getting ridiculous now. If he's spending almost every spare hour with the person we know he is, when can he possibly be bedding these 400 plus women?
I actually enjoy the radio show and all the mentions
- It is really getting ridiculous,there were always such articles about him but now you can't go a day without reading a new article about him and a different woman every time! I think it got worse since he started spending all his time with Grimshaw,could be coincidence or not but the papers are definitely pressing the womanizer image on him more than needed.
- The new single is at no.1 on iTunes. Do you think they'll manage a Billboard no. 1?
- Probably not, as they're only just picking up airplay. Unless they sell truckloads. Justin Bieber sold almost half a million copies of "Boyfriend" in one week last summer but got no higher than number 2.
- [quote]I suppose if he didn't answer the questions on women he wouldn't be in the article at all, they never ask him about what music he likes; where he goes out; why he's found a place with his group of friends; what he finds difficult about fame. Yet Louis, Zayn and Liam, at least, get asked questions around these subjects. I feel like it's a paradox with Harry; he's given the least interesting things to answer and say, yet he's always at the centre of the questioning.
Just supposition okay but suppose someone's sense of self was largely defined by their same-sexual identity/being physically intimate with the same sex/having a partner of the same sex or being part of the gay community - at this age/stage in time - to the point that the people who minded that person needed to do everything in their power to scrub that sense of identity to make this enignmatic character market-worthy for a opposite sex teen audience?
Supposing the enigma and aura was already there but the terrifying prospect of how to deal with that person's strong sexuality meant that dizzying heights needed to be hit to shift attention away? Make that person into a super slut/stud with far more ladies than humanely necessary, and nobody will focus any further?
Just theoretical, of course, and one of many possibilities (including that that person is no saint with girls an/or indeed a manslut who sleeps with 1.12 women a day to gain his 410 yearly avg).
I don't know about anyone else but I'd love to see Hackford Jones files. They are a PR powerhouse and I feel fairly certain Modest! didn't hire them just to do standard comb overs.
- [quote]Where else has the image of feminist, anti-heteronormative Harry Styles come from?
And yet people buy that he is a manwhore who discards girls like trash at the same time as reading Germaine Greer. Two parallel Harry's running alongside each other. The fact nobody has really made an effort (until now) to define that suggests to me it's been in the interest of 'mystique' in plugging/shilling the group/person from a PR PoV.
[quote]Deep, philosophical Zayn?
Or, he keeps his own counsel/has nothing to say/hates everything (I love Zayn). Watch him in interview, they hand him a mic and he ends up just holding it. Zayn's a master of saying nothing. He just smirks.
[quote]Sweet, puppy-dog Liam Payne (who is, we must remember, friends with the reviled Andy Samuels, who I actually have no problem with)?
Andy Samuels has become one of my favourite non-member members of One Direction. Along with Maz, who is quite endearing. They try and protect their friends but at the same time Andy doesn't mind getting bantery with them. The fangirls (many American) are convinced Andy is a "homophobe", though he is nothing of the sort. He is a good mate for the most part who's taking the piss. That's what mates do. Fangirls often take offence at language/culture (or in Andy's case, lack of, fnar!). And that's got to be attractive to Liam, who may also act the same when the cameras leave.
[quote]Niall, who cries when girls say they don't like him/or, more recently, is a total bro?
I like Niall more as time goes by. He has a very canny personality. I think he's sharper than he lets on and seems open minded. To survive beyond One D the gorilla on his back could be drink because he seems to like the tipple and there are endless stories about him drinking. It's funny that Niall is never defined by any sexuality. Unlike Harry, he has managed to float along single all this time but without the playa image, though in reality he may be a bigger partier/player than the others. The fact that there's never been any emphasis on him again suggests his 'role' is defined within the group. Two players would crowd the issue and turn teen girls off. You don't want too many 'badboys' in one group.
[quote]The only one who seems to be crafting a really specific image is Louis, the "sassy" one, but then he says in interviews that he's nervous in front of crowds and the interviewer twigs that he's basically neurotic.
There's 'sassy' and there's 'rude' and I'm afraid One D's fans have made far too many excuses for Louis apparent rudeness over time. And yet he cannot bear it in any shape or form towards himself/his own.
I noticed in the Fabulous interview he made some comment about 'sorry girls, I don't sleep around' but to my knowledge there had been no accusation or fandom gossip of him 'sleeping around'. He seems obssessed with Eleanor (at least in print) but I just think it's because as time has gone on he's got BETTER at talking about it/her. I think they are a manufactured union but good friends. I wonder how well he, of all of them, copes. He seems to cut a lonely figure to me.
- Harry and a certain ginger bear in LA yest(?).
Whilst I like Nick and still like Louis, and Harry might be a casanova among girls and grannies alike, he and Ed have always been my secret pref over all of them.
I really love Ed, he's so mellow.
Not going to start fabgurling, but nice to see them together
- So it appears they spent almost all or all the weekend together before Harry went to L.A. saturday shopping, cooking, x factor, staying over, breakfast, lunch on sunday from sightings and mentions.
- Yes indeed, just like the day before Harry went to LA the last time. I smiled at Grimmy describing the date in detail - thank goodness for that blogger who posted about seeing them in Waitrose buying eggs and yoghurt, as without her people would argue it was another male "friend" Grimmy was talking about.
In an interview some time back Grimmy said that the most romantic thing he ever did was cook a meal for someone (who did not show up), so to think he went to all that trouble to make Harry dinner (spinach and feta pie - a big deal for someone who can't cook)!
I love the pics of Harry with Ed Sheeran and Cal Aurand in LA. Cal is 40 yet no-one thinks his friendship with Harry is strange. It's clear Harry doesn't really care about age in the way someone like Louis does.
- The way these guys are worked to the bone the band will be thrown in the trash by end of next year with most bandmembers in rehab for actual exhaustion.
- I listened to Nick's anecdote and it sounded like the whole dinner/TV thing was just the two of them which does make them seem like a couple.
What confuses me is how open N is?
He uses the term 'friend' but must realise people know who is referring to?
He went on and on about how he knew how bad H was first thing in the morning? (on his first show)
The Joe Lycett comment was not cut from Celeb Juice (even though it is a prerecorded BBC show with N's colleague on the panel) N tweeted "you bitch"' in response to the comment but surely he knew it was coming? Lycett responded "I'm just jealous" Jealous of what? Was he referring to a 'friendship' or more?
Whether something is going on or not, they must know that their actions are leading people to believe that there is?!
It seems almost too obvious to be true?
However, the level of industry/gay scene buzz over a prolonged period, the fact that they do hide some of their interaction, the gay gossip about H and the sheer amount of time they seem to spend together suggests that it is true??
I know there is a (very plausible) view that this could be an attempt to slowly 'out' H or H&N as an item. I just can't believe they would do that just as they are launching their 2nd album?
I just don't know what to make of it?
I do remember Harry once saying in an interview something about putting loads of different info out there so no one knows what to believe.
Perhaps confusion is the aim?
- they work them like horses.Where are those parents? i don't undtrstand in a way it's child abuse.
i saw a signing way back and they were red ,full on sweet and i think on energy pills.it was frightening i'm not even kidding
the next tour looks scarry
- Meant to add, just seen a picture of George Shelley (have avoided x factor thus far)
He is beautiful. I reckon he will seriously dent Harry's popularity.
In fact, I think his band will threaten 1D as a whole.
- yes they will but you can't compare Harry with
George Shelley .
Harry is engaging .He was reckless from the start .He's goot effortless cool,poise and charisma +++ he's a very nice guy
George is sweet but a bit bland to grab my attention .
- Two final things, Nick made a reference to leaving his Conor M T shirt in his friend's car. Harry then tweeted:
" Nick Grimshaw left his CM T shirt in my car, pass it on"
A couple of minutes later, it was deleted?
Oh, and Nick was papped today wearing the distinctive rain mac Harry wears on the cover of their new single!?
Make of all this what you will!
- Does anyone have more pics or know who the hunk is in this pic? And not Ed.
- A1 - now THERE was a hot and talented boyband! I still get down to this song:
- Not sure I like their taste in coats. https://twitter.com/DirectionersMi/status/253251719578923008/photo/1
Think Nick's photo is from today
- I think Union J (ghastly name) is already denting 1D's popularity. But they could also come across as a 1D tribute act, especially internationally. All depends on how they are marketed if they do well on TXF. George Shelley plays a bit of guitar, so that gives them an opening. Harry needs to strike while the iron is hot and go solo when 1D are still at their peak.
Re your other post, L Girl - as long as Harry keeps talking about girls, and as long as Nick keeps rolling with it (remember how unneccessarily hard he's been pushing the Natalie Imbruglia story despite it being a non-event) everything they do in public can be explained away by them being very close mates. The fact that they both have other close friends makes it easier - they aren't with each other ALL the time and often socialise with each other's friends. But still... events like saturday go unmentioned (but not unnoticed) while Liam going for one drink with Leona is front page news.
And now they share clothes! (OK maybe they just have the same taste in clothes)
- L girl I saw the pic before I saw your post about the same coats.
- Nick is trolling us he's doing it on puropse.
- 1D doesn't look like they are getting worked that hard. Let's be for fucking real. Are they only getting four hours sleep like Nsync or have major untreated medical issues that can lead to death like BSB? If not, then there asses ain't working nearly hard enough. My gosh, people have such low expectations of these pop tarts that they've lost the idea of the expected work ethic for these nondancing monkeys.
Got to say, this whole Nick/Harry thing is VERY reminiscent of Lance Bass and Reichen whatshisface.
Lance had a history of sharing clothes with his boyfriends. Well, first he and the guys from Nsync used to share clothes so when he started doing it with bf it didn't look as suspect. Then it just got ridiculous.
Nick is doing the same thing Reichen did. Which was little by little help Lance get comfortable enough to out himself. The spending a lot of time together, people knowing they spend time together, the comments about 'cooking for friend' etc. Whether he's intending it or not, Nick is doing the same exact thing that boyfriends and gf's of celebrities have done when they want others to know that they own that dick. Meaning, they push the issue of the relationship out in the public consciousness until it becomes an open secret.
Nick is even an older guy like Reichen was so the whole thing between these Nick/Harry is bringing up one serious case of deja vu for me.
No joke, Harry will have to make a decision. Either keep it on the downlow or reveal info about his bisexuality (my guess what he'll claim himself to be IF he comes out). I'm guessing he'll out himself if he doesn't see himself geared for stardom. That might make it easier for him in terms of not feeling pressure to stay closeted b/c he worries the impact on the rest of the group or the label.
BTW Harry just can't make a decison to go solo. Jesus christ don't people know anything?! The ONLY way Harry will go solo is if he's let go of whatever binding contract he has with his label OR they want him to go solo and they intend on pushing it as an auxillary to the band or because they believe they've sucked out as much juice/money from the band as possible.
Harry just can't up and decide to leave 1D. Watch how other boybanders did it. The label decides if and when they want to let go. Any breach of contract will lead to one fucked up situation. So no, Harry has no choice as to the when. It's the label who'll decide IF it will happen.
- Harry Styles lookalike
- You are cute r171, but you don't look like Harry Styles.
- R164: that's Cal Aurand, Harry's friend.
And Old School: we're not stupid or naive, we know how the music industry works regarding a boy or girlbander going solo. We don't need to spell out the hows and whys of this in every post about Harry possibly going solo - it is a throwaway comment that those of us who like Harry (and are neutral about 1D) are going to post every now and again on this thread - so get used to it!
- I have seen quite a few pics of N&G clothes sharing.
The jacket H wore at last years Capital Radio concert is N's.
It is odd he would choose to wear the Jacket worn on Harry's single cover the week the single is out though.
(who ever said N was 'trolling' I wouldn't be surprised. I'd be more surprised if he didn't read threads like these)
- The one thing I wish people on twitter/tumblr won't do is assume every "friend" Grimmy talks about on his show is Harry. When he did the 10pm show it was often easy to tell which "friend" mention was Harry and which wasn't, and for me this is no different on the Breakfast show. But many "Gryles" shippers seem to think EVERY mention is Harry, like Grimmy has no other friend...
Take this morning. Harry is in LA (at least until yesterday). Grimmy did a shout-out this morning for his friend "David who is jetlagged from LA". Cue tumblr posts saying David is code for Harry. It isn't - the friend was David Gardner, who had tweeted that he was expecting a shout out from Grimmy and had earlier tweeted stuff about being in LA.
- NW3, to be fair, they are probably all about 12!
- Haha true L Girl - I really should stop assuming everyone on the net is a working adult like me!
- NW3 - this pisses me off to no end! I have Tumblr, I will admit (I'm 23, I promise! I only made it the other week!) And since I do follow a few of the (what I previously assumed to be) more sensible "gryles" blogs, I see this every morning when I check my dashboard. I enjoy Tumblr for the pictures, the occasional good writing and a bit of girly squealing; what I hate is the obsession, the insistance on everything being a fandom (has anyone seen the breakfast club nonsense from American fans?) and the lack of common sense.
The David thing baffled me. They harp on about "not tinhatting" when N and H are seen shopping in a supermarket or when Harry says he was at the studio every night, but then because Harry once said he'd change his name to David if he had to pick a name; because he's tweeted about being jetlagged from coming back from LA (can't see this tweet now, possibly deleted); and because Nick Grimshaw clearly has NO other friends, this was about Harry?
Tinhatting at its finest! The secret codes of illicit lovers and that.
Their reasoning is he names all other friends; untrue, since he doesn't name Aimee or Pixie, to name a couple.
Loved the Lily Allen interview though, good to hear her again; I forget how funny she can be.
- Links - couldn't agree more, especially about Aimee and Pixie. Aimee's back in America now but she'd been staying with Grimmy since the day of his last evening show, so I assumed all mentions of his "friend" helping him set his alarm clock and listening to him sing in the shower etc were about Aimee. Especially as they fitted in with her tweets/tweets sent to her.
I am also in my 20s (but older than you - shh!). I don't have a tumblr account but I do read the tags regularly. I resisted opening an account as I know how engrossing and time-consuming they can be, but I fear Datalounge has turned into my tumblr equivalent :)
- Well, for ages I was like "no one uses it, it's for fangirls and arty types" but actually I just post a lot of music, pictures of Harry Styles (again, 23, I promise) and rambles. Oh and Nick Grimshaw occasionally.
But seeing the other girls (and possibly boys?!) on Tumblr going on about how Harry and Nick have "a beautiful friendship", so domesticated, oh my GOD Nick we ALL KNOW YOU MEAN HARRY LOLZ and I'm like ... But Aimee was with him at The Kills art show thing, it's more likely she's staying with him?
Also their insistance that they like the breakfast show for Grimmy (unlike those imposter Harry Styles fangirls) but as soon as his mentions of 1D and Harry go down it's all "could be sleeping rn instead of liveblogging gay 28 year olds :("
I'm sure he doesn't want you listening if it's only for Harry anyway! He's about a lot more than that!
Saying that some ARE sensible and the tinhatting they do makes sense. Which is how I like my tinhatting :)
It's a nice bonus when he mentions being with Harry, but he plays good music and he's funny too, which is the main reason for listening - wouldn't stay up till 3am in the States for it though ...
- So funny that Union J is the new One Direction, and history is repeating itself. Jaimy is openly gay, at least he was before X-Factor. And now he's linked to girls in the newspapers. Like wow..
- R181 and how do we know he was openly gay? This is also said a lot about Louis, who as far as has been worked out wasn't at all.
- NW3, Well I'm even older than you if it makes you feel better!
I glance at tumblr but prefer DL as the posters seem older, more intelligent and considerabley more rationale (not that we're not all guilty of tin hatting here occasionally)
I miss the input of the 'Larry' fans though (with the exception of one)
I get the impression that posters on here are people simply interested in this particular story as apposed to crazy fans who just want to obsess about the group (although I am a bit of a Grimmy fan)
Those teens who all claim to be in love with G since his association with H are particularly irritating.
I guess we are all a bit sad gossiping about a couple of celebs love lives but this thread is strangely addictive!
It seems that most people on here are unsure of what is going on between N&H but if pushed to say one way or another, what would most people say?
I would say they are (although if Flack posted another cryptic post tmw I would probably change my mind again lol)
- Well, the other day a good friend of mine heard from her good friend (who I have no connection to) who works in music PR that Flack was indeed all for publicity - additionally, to gover up H and N. She heard this from a male exec. And that it's been going on since around November last year.
I have no idea how reliable the man is or what his connection to 1D and their PR is. However, unlikely to be a rabid 1D fanboy! Definitely food for thought though.
Personally - I would be highly inclined to guess that they are in some kind of relationship, looking at the hard facts of their interactions together, how much time they spend together and how while they have been pictured together and coined BFFs, there have also been fairly suspicious eliminations of their relationship in certain interviews and articles.
L Girl - I'm definitely a fan of 1D - Harry in particular - but I wouldn't class myself as obsessive in the way many of them are! This is the main story I follow about them. Not sure why but as you say, strangely addictive.
- The last few responses have had me nodding along, Links, L Girl and NW3. I've always liked Grimmy when I've seen him on things and from reading a bit about him just out of interest before the breakfast show started I read this rumour about he and Harry and just find it really intriguing, probably more intriguing than a 27 year old woman should but I'll just call it my guilty pleasure, Hah! I've seen a few things on tumblr but the level of madness on there is terrifying!
Im fairly convinced by N and H as a couple, mainly because of the amount of time spent together and I can help but think- if I was some 18 year old supposed manwhore in a massively popular boy band, why would I spend all my time with any friend, never mind a 10 years older gay friend who clearly fancied me,especially when quite a lot of that time had been having to keep out of sight in a dingy radio studio, when i could be out partying and pulling girls left eight and centre?
Also Im loving the breakfast show, it so much more entertaining than I ever found Moyles to be. I do have a little smile when there's a Harry mention, but I enjoy it in general not just for this.
- Thanks Links, nice bit of gossip!!
There are few things that still make me question whether it (H&Flack) was all fake but your gossip sounds like it could be legit.
The dates fit in with when the rumours started and if you're saying that H&F were initially for publicity (but then doubled as a cover for G&H) that would also make sense given H started mentioning Flack as early as the summer.
Also, the more i read about Liam and Leona, Zayn and Perrie, Niall and Demi, i can't help but see some sort of template for these unions?
They all have the same boss. They all originate around the time said boss has something to promote. The parties involved all come out with the same ambiguous comments and the press reports all follow a similar pattern.
H&F's relationship certainly appeared to reflect all the above?
Anyway, really must go and do some work!
(OMG, love your sign off!)
- Looking around tumblr i found this "masterpost" that lists all the times Nick and Harry were seen together accompanied with links and pics.
I must admit before seeing that post i wasn't sure about the nature of their relationship but now i'm fairly convinced that something more than a friendship is happening there,also i noticed that Harry seems to spend a lot of time with Nick before heading off to America and he seems to be the first person he runs to when he gets back.
- [quote]and how do we know he was openly gay?
He had a MySpace page where he listed his sexual orientation as gay (and talked about working in a gay bar). It was deleted last week, but has been screencapped.
In the DS thread on this topic there are some intriguing comments regarding Louis, btw.
One poster makes this comment:
[quote]My gaydar was spot on again! Yeah if they get through to lives (does anyone know if they do) then he will be advised to hide his sexuality. It's like Louis from 1D, my sister was 2 years above him at school and beleive me when I say, he was gay back then.
Then there's something really baffling and out-of-left-field from another poster:
[quote]I've heard from a number of reliable sources in the 'media' that Louis is in fact in a relationship with someone who Harry always gets linked with. Eleanor is just a friend thats a girl. Not a girlfriend.
He later confirms that he's indeed talking about Nick Grimshaw(!), and adds
[quote]I get the impression its not exactly a secret amongst the celebrity circle. The main person who told me only met one direction for the first time for a day at a large event and still ended up finding out. He definitely isn't someone to make up this kind of thing anyway as he's not part of that pop world. Still, who knows for sure but them! Good luck to them I say even though I find the breakfast guy repellant!!
That poster doesn't sound like he's consciously lying to me, but I suspect there's been some kind of misunderstanding at work (either on his or on his friend's part) - because a Nick/Louis pairing just doesn't make sense.
- [quote]I know there is a (very plausible) view that this could be an attempt to slowly 'out' H or H&N as an item. I just can't believe they would do that just as they are launching their 2nd album?
Depends on how you look at it. Maybe it's something we (the public, discussing it) are more afraid of/concerned over than those involved?
Perhaps the coffers have been filled with One D's almost out-of-the-blue overnight success and the rest is a mere bunfight?
I have to say, the new single, whilst cute, is an utter non-starter as far as 'progression' is concerned. Maybe it's already over and everyone is now in a mopping up stage. Whatever extra sucess they get is fine, but perhaps a second album isn't all that important?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not centering this observation (all it is) from a pov of anyone needing to reveal their sexuality or that being the be all and end all, but from a logistic pov in today's internet disposable market of quick turnover and opt out clauses. I can barely see One D going on another 12 months never mind 5 years. Another 5 years of generic "cuteness", 'catchy pop' videos, Louis charging round Twitter potshotting his fans and "Harry the whore" tales. No thanks.
Yes I see Union J as being a big threat to 1D but it may be a blessing in disguise by taking the heat off them?
As for Nick "wearing Harry's canary coat", hehe ooh ye little devil, you!
Here's a pic of them at the superbowl bash in early 2012.
- Well if I were Lou, r188, I'd be seriously pissed at the amount of time Harry was spending with my boyfriend, lol! Both in and out of work.
I guess anything's possible and I always keep an open mind because we just don't see their every movement. But you'd have thought there would be much more "Louis and Nick" buzz than one leftfield poster. Interesting though. The games that get played.
- [quote]Well, the other day a good friend of mine heard from her good friend (who I have no connection to) who works in music PR that Flack was indeed all for publicity - additionally, to gover up H and N. She heard this from a male exec. And that it's been going on since around November last year.
It would coincide with Louis tweet to Harry in October 2011 'always in my heart' which many took to mean they'd been forced to split up and go down the beardy route.
Perhaps that was when Louis either got with Eleanor for real or contractually and Harry sought refuge elsewhere, in a friendship with a kindred spirit, and it grew from there, perhaps until it became an actual threat to his main friendship/relationship.
In any case, Nick would represent a freedom (even in just a friendship) that Harry could never truly have in One Direction, by default of it being too public.
That could be my tinhatting but I'm not the only one to think this and I think it is plausible.
- I find the Nick/Louis rumour almost impossible to believe ... Unless the cover-up is a much cleverer one than we've previously imagined! As R190 says, it's best to keep an open mind, but ...
This is the only gossip we've heard regarding this so far. Why is Louis so happy to gallivant off with Eleanor throughout his downtime, while Harry hangs out with his boyfriend and more and more people continue to get suspicious about their relationship?
Nick's movements often tie up with Harry's, but unless Louis is with them (and why in that case is Harry playing third wheel?) then there's not much time between Harry and his other friends for Nick to be seeing Louis.
If this is a PR cover-up then it's kind of being negated by Harry's links to Nick; why so keen for Louis to be viewed as straight when he's not and not Harry? Louis has a girlfriend, granted, but it's hardly all over the papers splashing how heterosexual he is; Louis just does that himself. And though he hasn't done it very tactfully, it comes across more as frustration at not being listened to than "the lady doth protest too much" to me.
Again, anything is always possible, but I don't see this being the final truth!
The "my sister/brother/second cousin's best friend's friend was at school with Louis he was GAY" is an old one - Louis seems to have gone to school with half of Britain! And they all seem to have been privvy to his sexual orientation. As someone not much older than Louis, I don't think he would have been that open if he was gay. But then I'm one of those that doesn't really think he's gay, so maybe I'm making up excuses.
I actually don't see Union J being a big threat. So far (and it's early days so I'm prepared to change my mind) their chemistry isn't great and they come across far more obviously manufactured than 1D in interviews and in the performances I've seen. I think this is because the others have already had a chemistry; and George is having to fit into that; rather than 1D who created theirs from scratch as a group.
There's some clear created "slash" baiting in there as well; George giggling that he likes to be tickled? Touching each other up almost constantly in full view of the camera?
But then I could be describing One Direction I guess. Maybe it's because it's already been done - seemingly quite ingenuously by 1D - that I find it a bit tasteless for them to jump straight in with that and expect it to get them fans.
Either way, I don't like them. Prefer GMD3.
As R189 says though, it might be a blessing for another band to step into that cute, bopping little band slot and leave them to move into a slightly less intense and demanding gap in the market.
- I'm past 30 so I am likely one of the oldest posters in the 1D-related threads. I am definitely a fan of 1D...can't remember exactly how I got sucked in. For years I have been a true crime & memoir fan as I am fascinated by human behavior and real life experiences. So naturally as I learned more about Larry etc. I became intrigued and now, like others here, it has become my guilty pleasure.
Anyways, about Harry. I have posted previously my thoughts on Harry's mental state, going way back to the early XFactor days. People think Harry's desire for nakedness is totally adorbs, but in reality it is huge red flag. It is NOT NORMAL for a boy in his teens to be exposing himself to people and neither is it normal for him to spontaneously take all of his clothes off and walk around naked in front of groups of people. It is NOT the behavior of a free-spirited hipster teen who isn't afraid to express himself, though I realize that people want to see it that way. It is a sign of a deeply troubled teen. Add to that Harry's poor impulse control which he has demonstrated countless times (another red flag). Add to that the possibility that he is confused about his sexuality or that he is gay but currently not able (permitted) to live his life as a gay man. All a recipe for disaster.
I think that in the beginning, 1D mgmt encouraged Harry & Louis' friendship because Louis acted as a stable influence and guidance for Harry. Louis also was instrumental in cultivating Harry's confidence. But then, they became TOO close. Whether they were lovers or not we do do not know for sure, though my thoughts are 100% YES they were. Their relationship, whatever the nature, was too risky once they set foot in America, and at that point something happened. I think that mgmt felt they needed to drive a wedge between them because 1) they did not want to ruin the image of the group and 2) Louis had too much influence & control over Harry, thus having too much influence & control period.
So Louis & Harry, who were once attached at the hip, are now, as far as we know, rarely together outside of 1d-related events. Nobody can be sure exactly what went down, but it is clear that Grimmy has taken Louis' place as Harry's friend and confidant (babysitter). And it is my belief that mgmt not only approves but was instrumental in setting it into motion. There could be NO OTHER EXPLANATION as to why 1D mgmt/PR would allow Harry, teen idol to waltz around town with a man who is almost 30 and is openly gay. It would not surprise me if Grimmy is on their payroll or benefiting otherwise somehow. I believe that Grimmy cares for Harry and certainly is lustful of him but I also believe that he is 1D mgmt/pr eyes & ears and he is basically babysitting Harry for them. Because Harry is crazier than a shithouse rat and Option Grimmy is the least of the many Harry evils that mgmt/pr could potentially have to deal with if Harry were allowed to run loose.
And Grimmy is the perfect solution, really. If Harry is gay, Grimmy is the perfect mentor as he is also in the public eye and has been down this road before. Grimmy is mature, level-headed, and will be discreet as he has his own career to protect. If any questions do arise, 1D can explain the friendship away as a "business frienship" and have Harry do some PR, as he did for Grimmy's show. There is a lot of room for spin. Also, pap Harry in the tabloids with a hot chick, 98% will believe it. I don't think it's Harry's sexuality that has mgmt/pr panties in a wad as much as it his mental/emotional health.
Also, I think mgmt is hoping that by hanging out with an older, more mature crowd, it will help Harry with his confidence and independence. And make him look like an actual front man of a band instead of a lovesick puppy following Louis around.
As for Harry & Louis, feelings are surely still there, whatever the nature. They clearly care about each other a great deal, it was very sweet to see them giggling and carrying on like school girls during the signing in Germany.
Long post, I know...
- Interesting discussions! I'm glad we have more "names" now. As Grimmy would say: L Girl, Links and omg - hiiiiiyaa! And all you lovely anons, do introduce yourselves.
Going back a few posts:
L Girl: indeed, all these supposed unions all have SC in common, but they need both parties to play ball and in Demi's case, she was allegedly just not game as she'd made such a big deal to her "Lovatics" (sounds like a cough remedy!) that she was "healing" this year etc etc and won't be getting into a relationship as part of this process. But I can see Liam half-heartedly playing the Leona game, and Niall would have played ball too.
I do think Harry and Caroline did have a thing. He had a little crush on her in the summer, and I think they were encouraged to date along the lines of "both of you like each other, and it'll be good PR". My "headcanon" (for want of a better word) tells me that C knew from the outset that it was all superficial with Harry (like his Emily Blunt/Kate Beckinsale/Rihanna/Emma Watson/Frankie Sandford etc crushes) and they snogged and had sex once or twice at most, if at all. And that was it. I'm single, you're single, we like each other, so let's have fun... this weekend. And maybe next.
I think this was why nothing made much sense to me; it seemed to be no more than a hyped up fling which had in fact ended at the time it was being reported. Stuff like : H is taking C home to meet his family, H is spending christmas with C, H is doing this and that with C all sounded very strange when they were never seen together (just like Cara now, who he's moving into his new house with - lol)
The unanswered question for me at the time during & post Harry/Caroline: why push the manwhore/cougar image, when the received wisdom has been to have boyband members single and seemingly available to that one "princess" smiling shyly in the front row of a concert (one of the reasons I think Niall became more popular in America)?
Disclaimer: I don't know what's going on, but this is what I think:
(1). Harry is still discovering himself; he enjoys making superficial connections with the opposite sex, but for deep lasting emotional ones, his leanings are same sex
(2). He has slept with a handful of girls/women, but they have been no more than one night stands or one week flings
(3). He is in an open or FWB relationship with Nick, and has been for months
(4). He does not feel "settling down" at 18 is the right thing for him, hence (3)
(5). Grimmy says he's "too busy" etc to settle down, so on the surface (3)
suits him fine
(6). However both parties flit between 3 (head) and wanting to be in a serious relationship with each other (heart)
(7). Some of their friends, family and the media know what's going on, but not all
(8). "Larry" was a red herring: Harry had a huge crush, but this was not reciprocated in the way the Larry shippers think. It may have been these feelings that alerted Harry and others to (1) though
(9). H won't come out any time soon as he does not think he is gay - see (1)
(10). Ignoring 1-9 Harry may be straight and they are therefore just good friends, but if so Harry must get a kick out of being a cocktease... but why would N put up with this? And still sound so giddy about Harry? One year on he should have moved on to someone else.
- [quote](9). H won't come out any time soon as he does not think he is gay - see (1)
Harry sure thinks he's gay on his Twitter, lol!
My god we have such a massive range of opinions here today (all plausible) and even a Louis/Nick hookup from dear old DS.
Who knew Wednesday's could be so fruity.
- Great post NW3 - a lot of points that could make sense!
Regarding (10) - Nick himself has admitted he gets bored very easily of people, especially popstar types who he has little obsessions over (to paraphrase his words, I read this in one of his Breakfast Show run-up interviews though). So if Harry is just a cocktease friend, then I think Nick would have cast him aside by now, as you say. They've known each other over a year now.
I agree that IF they are together, then it's meant to be a loosely defined and casual thing (FWB, as you say) - however, they seem to be domesticating recently. Add to that all the family meet-ups (the parents and, also, those blondes they were photographed with outside the Lansdowne were Harry's cousins I think) and increased time together, it seems to be quite a serious thing. Whatever it is.
I do think, however, that Harry's quite comfortable in his sexuality, whatever he defines as. I think bisexual, but as you said NW3, I think his more emotional romantic relationships are with men; I do agree he crushed on Louis (unrequited) and his feelings for Nick don't look "straight"-forward.
R195 - I had a banana for lunch and it's made me very opinionated.
- [quote]It is NOT NORMAL for a boy in his teens to be exposing himself to people and neither is it normal for him to spontaneously take all of his clothes off and walk around naked in front of groups of people. It is NOT the behavior of a free-spirited hipster teen who isn't afraid to express himself, though I realize that people want to see it that way. It is a sign of a deeply troubled teen.
Well to be fair, I think that's been a lot less obvious of late. It started out as a running joke and I do wonder if like a lot of other aspects of One Direction's career (sexualities being possibly the main tangibly interesting thing because it certainly ain't the music!) it didn;t just keep getting rolled out and beaten to death with a different spin each time (like the Natalie Imbruglia nodding and winking that's boringly gone on for weeks to the point where she's had to get herself papped with her lowkey boyfriend to avoid becoming another bedpost notch).
I always took it to be very much tonguue in cheek ref, plugged nonstop to make up for lack of interest in 1D's music. It's always been about the people, rather than the music here. I think that Harry is getting that now? Hence the hanging with other crowds rather than the safe shagpile of One D world.
I do wonder about his dad. He seems to have an amicable relationship with him but again, there are curios too.
Example: there was a screenshot of his dad tweeting Harry a 'thank you, son' for 'going to see your nanny in hospital' last month.
I found this odd tbh. Why even publicise that? It's your son. Just call or text him? Better still, go see him? Why put it on Twitter when you can ring him up and say thanks? Maybe it's nothing, but I find this kind of thing so unnecessary.
- I agree with everything Links and NW3 said regarding Nick's relationship with Harry and i also think that Louis is straight and it reminds me of those occassions where people think that someone is gay for no apparent reason and they keep pushing that opinion,also i definitely don't trust any sort of "insiders" that people claim they might have because in most cases it's not the truth.
Anyway i guess it's all guesses and opinions until the truth comes out but i don't see Harry coming out(if he is indeed not straight)anytime soon,i don't think 1D will last for much longer but they have a tour to look forward to and i don't think they would risk that.
- r193 - fascinating post.
- Links, I wouldn't normally commit myself but I get a sense of a good connection between Harry and Nick.
I think Nick has tried to portray himself as a bit enigmatic by claiming he's never been in love, which is just utter fucking bullshit, we all know. It's as if he's been scared to take himself seriously.
But I think there might be more than infatuation and crushing where Harry is concerned. They seem to really like each other beyond the goofing about and mock mocking. Maybe it's challenged him for the first time, unexpectedly, who knows?
- I agree, the whole "i've never been in love or in a serious relationship" Nick seems to churn out a lot I find to be imo complete crap. What many people forget (or don't know) is that he was actually in a relationship/dating Nicolo for a good six months maybe longer. (Nicolo was kicked off the x factor live shows first in 2010 if anyone remembers) I remember pictures of Nick in the papers on crutches in early 2011, and then listening to one of his night shows and one of his friends said something along the lines of "remember when he broke his ankle trying to impress an x factor loser" This was all before november 2011 however, before N/H are rumoured to have started 'seeing each other'
- R201, I wonder if he's said it to keep from press prying into his background before he was ready to be more specific about himself?
I cannot believe this guy gets to 28 and has not known love. If he paints himself like that I'd guess he could be in danger of being seen as more the "child" in a friendship with a man 10 years younger (who also appears to be a parody figure in the press, but for diff. reasons). That's slightly unsettling, so I'd like to see him give it a bit more oomph. Not on Radio One. But in his personal interviews I suppose. I'd like to know what makes him tick.
- Since I had nothing better to do (as is obvious) on an aft owed from work, it was pissing down I decided to go and count the number of times "Twitter Louis" has shilled 1D's new single LWWY (the one he couldn't remember the name of last week).
Like a trooper he's product placed no less than 11 times since September 21st (and has been absent some days). This got retweeted from Zayn (had to remove the URL/tags because DL won't post them in body of text):
[quote]What you all up to today? Grabbed a copy of LWWY from HMV yet? (url).........Retweeted by Louis Tomlinson
Hello everyone...and go buy our single, fast, now!
Then an hour ago:
[quote]Louis Tomlinson....Amazing to know we are number 1 in the midweeks but we have to keep pushing guys ! Rihanna is catching up !
Wow, settle down, Boo Bear, lol! You're already multi millionaires.
I assume that by 'keep pushing, "guys"' that means the drop-kicked Larry contingent are assumed to be opening their wallets? ;)
- He's hot when he hasn't got his spazz face on. Looks like a diff person and I like it.
- Harry Styles is so Sexy.I saw him once in a trench coat and i was flored.Killer looks.
i can only imagine him in 10 yearstime..Roarrrr
- Huh - really interested to stumble across this - I read many a paper/online gossip column and had started to notice articles with Harry always have Nick in them which made me wonder ... I have no real interest in these boys but have always had a bit of a liking/fascination with Harry Styles and his portrayal in the media! Weirdly the thing I've never really considered is Harry's sexuality, I've always thought he would probs swing both ways and not really care.
What stood out to me most in the last week was a recent Daily Mail article saying Harry bought his new house to be near 'bff Nick Grimshaw' ... now I don't usually believe anything the mail say but that kinda stood out as a bit of an odd statement. So I decided this evening to have a little google of the two boys and WOW - like a million and one pictures of them together, articles of nights out, nights in together, festivals they went too, Nick throwing Harry's 18th, twitter links that show Harry's mum and sister being very fond on Nick etc etc etc ... now of course they could be the very best of friends, which undoubtedly they are butttt, something tells me there is more.
IF Harry was doing all this with a women, there would be no doubt at all that the media would be all over this as his new girlfriend, with Nick, best friend. I also think certain articles hint as much as they possibly can that there may be more to this, but are prevented from or advised heavily to not print. Maybe. This is all my opinion! I see Harry was in LA from Sunday eve and landed back this evening ... like a day and a half trip to LA, by himself ... ?! Something tells me business meeting of some sort, but why? what? and not involving the other boys?
- So, anyone know anything about tattoo's? Cos I just read a tumblr post about Harry's star tattoo which until recently was just an outline which he has now had filled in. People were saying star tattoo's that get filled in mean the person is ready to come out ... I realise this may be nonsense ;o)
- Harry's trip to LA is rather suspicious,the official version is that he went to see Ed's Sheeran concert and support his friend but it's not like this was his first or biggest concert and they are deff not that close so Harry would fly across country to see him.Also Harry left without anyone finding out but then he made a fuss about being with Ed by tweeting and all.
What i find interesting is that a girl,whose father works in the music industry,had tweeted a few days ago that Harry would be in LA soon but noone believed her,if Harry's trip was just a visit to a friend why did the music industry know about it? Stalker Sarah also knew Harry was in LA and it's known that someone from her family works in the showbizz and that's how she gets to meet all the celebrities etc.
Something tells me that Harry's trip in the States was most deff profesional and they tried to cover it up by having Harry going to Ed's concert so the fans wouldn't question it
- he did something for a computer company.Promotional stuff.
- r194, get some help.
- Wich company, R209?
To me it's not unbelievable that Nick made it to 28 without being in a relationship or love.
- not true.
I heard him once on his radio show saying that he declared his love to someone two years ago at Reasding festival.he is a very sensible person He just doesn't want to share it all with the world.
now let him be
if you ask me i think he is in love with Harry Styles
- Yehhh, I too think he's a little crackers about Harry Styles. The way he talks about him and brings him up all the time reminds me of how everyone is when they first meet people they really like and you just can't help dropping them into convo all the time. Cute :o)
- Mentionitis, r214!
- 1D have a "big" announcement tomorrow, according to Zayn on twitter. I'll put money on that being that for the first time in X Factor's history, we're getting a performance on the saturday night (from them). This will be a desperate bid to beat Rihanna and Psy to number 1 (Rihanna is 5,000 copies ahead of them with Psy not far behind)
They have the Radio 1 takeover between 8 and 6 on saturday, but X Factor doesn't start till 8. I think they are really worried aout the negative publicity that could arise from debuting at #3. Which is silly, but they are so over-hyped that anything less than number 1 will be seen as them underperforming.
- Just read an article to that effect although they are claiming it's to benefit the show rather than the band? (they won't be performing their single until later in the month apparently)
I predict the 'Haroline' rumour mill will start up again after this W/E...
- Just saw an article on twitter about saturday's X factor. I guessed right about 1D appearing, but according to the article they aren't performing LWWY, which is rather daft. Looks like their people truly think their presence is enough to sell singles and improve ratings. Most of their promo for this single has been interviews and photoshoots; not a single performance of the song.
Wonder what the big announcement will be then? 2nd single? Something like the Pepsi deal, or European/Asian/South American tour dates? I would've expected a hastily organised signing on saturday, but that'd clash with the radio 1 thing. Which I'm really looking forward to! (Grimmy and Harry's - not bothered about the others)
- I think the announcement will still be their appearance on the show?
- Missed your earlier post L Girl. Probably, or maybe the news is that for 1 day only the single will be reduced to 59p :) Hope they don't get that desperate!
- They shouldn't have this all around pressure about being nr 1. Rihanna is way way a biger star then them.One Directin are beginners in the industry and they did so well.Unexpected succes.
I don't think is fair to have such expectations.
about Nick and Harry i don't know what is going on but i can see Harry spends &cherishes every free moment with him.It's like they are entangled.
He must like him a bit...More... than everyone else
what about Zayn he's got a roommate and no one
seems to car.ePut some lenses on that one /why are all eyes on Harry?
- I've always wondered the same thing? What's so special
about Harry? Harry and grimshaw are clearly a couple and to be honest, between Louis and Harry, I reckon Harry is the gay one. As I've seen someone post before he just hides in plain sight.
Nick is gay and Harry spends most of his time with him. I think it's no brainer there's something there. For whatever reason Harry seems to be pegged as the front man, so right it may be awhile before he comes out. He still has to kind up to the ideal of teenage fantasies. He's only really admitted to being with one woman and that's Caroline. So louis is in a relationship with a girl but he's the gay one (he could be) and Harry spends most of his time with a gay male and has only been really into one woman, and he's the manwhore? It doesn't make sense to me.
As always he's hiding in plain sight. It's way too obvious.
- R222 - yes indeed. I'm with Links here; I really don't believe Louis is gay. I think people confuse rudeness with sassiness, and all the things cited as reasons why he is gay make no sense to me and are borderline homophobic (e.g. his voice, the way he walks)
I think Louis sees himself as some sort of nurturer. Probably relates to him growing up with a mother and 4 sisters. He often said he craved a little brother (never a big brother) and I think this is why he took Harry under his wing during X Factor. This would have been neither here nor there had Harry not had the inclination I think he has (i.e. to develop deep emotional bonds with guys).
Louis has obviously moved on from Harry as his nurturee (his throwaway comment about him in the Sun proved that) and he's variously tried this with Ryan O'Shaugnessy, Tom Daley, Conor Maynard and now Adam Burridge. I think it's just a space he's trying fo fill.
Zayn I suspect just craves familiar company from Bradford, and the friend who lives with him (Danny or Anthony Riach - not sure which) is one of 2 brothers he grew up with; they are I gather his closest friends (same English/Pakistani mix, same age).
- no [R222]You misunderstood me.
i meant Zayn has got a guy roommate and people are not talking about him as much as they should /he's living with him since day one / they focus only on harry's sexuality
i don't know why but if it was to choose a gay/bisexual member i would pick Zayn.i just feel it.
actually i don't care about the other members- i pay them no mind) except for Harry
i know why Harry is the star of the group there is no point even bringing it into conversation .He just IS.
- Yeah, I don't really buy Louis as gay either, but haven't read/seen as much about him. I wonder if his annoyance about the whole Larry thing is that he can't turn round and say 'Of course we're not a couple Harry's dating Grimmy!' That'd frustrate me.
Im also interested to see how Nick and Harry's show on Saturday goes. I've watched stuff from Nick's last night time show, which seemed quite like, unplanned and real I supposed (Loved the bit about a live on air spoon, anyone else notice someone tap on Harry's shoulder and point at the camera? I guess reminding him they were being filmed?) But I imagine Saturday's will be a bit more tightly managed? It's such a funny contradiction, the bits that I've read in magazines (which admittedly isn't a lot) where they're really pushing the Harry = womaniser but the candid stuff is more or least all him and Grimmy together.
- I think the Saturday radio show won't be as "real" as grimmy's last show was, they're going to be more aware and probably hold back a great deal imo.. I feel as though are hyping it up to be something amazing. They'll probably just be a lot of banter.
- Loved the karaoke part during Nick's last night show,Harry and Nick just seemed to be in their own little world and Example was just awkwardly standing there(adore him by the way!).I agree that Saturday's show will be more planned and managed and we'll probably get some banter and teasing but i am looking forward to it anyway!
Also Nick is obviously a really touchy/handsy person,we always see him touching/hugging/kissing his friends in photos etc but he almost never does that with Harry? Seems to me like a consious effort to keep some distance because paparazzis etc.
- The Evening Standard have written a strange little piece on Harry.
Sounds like the Natalie Imbruglia thing was true given the additional detail they provided.
They also questioned his relationshipnwith NG. Perhaps we really are seeing something that isn't there on that front?
- The Evening Standard article reads like a fairly standard recycling of other articles to me, L Girl. I'm not sure which detail make you think the Natalie Imbruglia tale is true?
- L Girl... that article sounded like it was written by a 12 year old so I dont no how you can take that seriously
- R229, The details about the other Austrailian and the wood?
Just sounds like they have actual info rather than simply repeating previous articles?
Plus they seem quite sure nothing is going on between H&G. All other reports on this subject seem to take a more vague line?
- R230, I agree, it was odd.
But it's unusual to add such specific (& strange) details if they are not true?
- Link to the article anyone?
- You're right that it was very definite that there was nothing going on with Nick, L Girl, and the tone of it was a little odd, but in the end it's just a frivolous article in the Evening Standard and I'm reluctant to put too much weight on it.
"Harry LOVES the other boys. Especially his Primrose Hill neighbour Louis." Perhaps the writer is just a Larry shipper?
- Here, R233.
- R234, Does it change your view on the validity of the Natalie story or the likely hood of something going on between N&H?
I would personally take more notice of the Evening Standard than the other papers that report on this type of stuff.
- I think Natalie is about as likely as all the other women Harry is nebulously linked with, L Girl. He's very charming as a person and he has that womanising reputation hanging over him, so it only needs him to be seen speaking to (or standing near) a woman and people leap to conclusions.
(Agree with you about the Evening Standard, but then I've seen a few newspaper articles lately that have read oddly, as if they're barely toeing the party line).
Given the long-standing rumours about N&H (and the weight to them), I'm surprised by that article. Not sure it changes my view though.
- I find it very hard to believe that Natalie would have sex "in the woods" with a teenager she'd just met.
- R237, Thanks.
I agree, it's odd given the level of rumours from supposedly 'reliable' sources.
You start to wonder how 'reliable' they are but then it's hard to believe all these people are lying or mistaken?!
(Links, if ever the subject some up, see of your friends friend can confirm if he was repeating rumours or knows what he know for a fact!)
- I really don't take that article seriously,it did seem like it was written by a 12 year old as someone already pointed out and Natalie has a boyfriend after all? Not that this mean anything but i suppose she went with him at the wedding and i find it unlikely too that she would have sex in the woods with Harry or anyone really...many say that Nick pushing the Natalie rumor is just proof that something happened but if they are such good friends would he give it away just like this? I think he's just making fun of that rumor like always.
I guess we will never know what is really going on with Nick and Harry but my personal opinion is that they are more than friends.
- The ES article seems like a very tongue in cheek joke article, that's what I took from it anyway.
I kind of wonder if maybe Nick takes the piss about all the people linked with Harry because he knows its not true? It'd be pretty funny to tease your secret bf about his womaniser rep wouldn't it?
- Omg i think someone else has said that already and it sounds likely,Harry said in recent interviews that he doesn't want to be seen as a womanizer and that most things written about him are inaccurate,then Zayn commented on that too saying that people give him a hard time for no reason.It seems like Harry is trying to get rid of the playboy image so i don't think Nick would make fun of him,i think he's making fun of these rumors because he knows they are not true.
- I think It was the Standard's very definate statement on H&G NOT dating that stood out to me?
First time I've seen that.
- L Girl that definitely stood out,there was really no reason for that,was there? It's not like there has been articles talking about it,it's all online gossip and speculations from what we know.If anything i find that statement and the way it was written quite suspicious like they are trying to prevent people from thinking about it,overally the article was a joke to me.
- As others have said, the article is very tongue-in-cheek.
Saying that Harry and Nick are not dating may not necessarily be more true than the "fact" that Caroline Flack "is now living peacefully on a small Scottish island with a new identity".
Of course they're not going to answer the question "Is he going out with Nick Grimshaw?" in the affirmative. Isn't it more interesting that they bring it up at all - and that they go on to say "but you’d be forgiven for thinking so"?
- Yeah, its an odd article tho in that it doesn't appear that they've done an interview with him, just pulled stuff together. So really they could say whatever they like that fits in with the generally vague nothing that is put out there from 1D interviews. There's been lots of reports about how restrictive their management are about interviews at the moment so all the ES article can be based on is old interviews and such.
Talking of interviews did anyone see Grimmy's heat interview? Its the closest I've seen an article come to asking outright if there was anything between him and h without actually asking... I can't remember exactly what was said (thank god, when I start memorizing magazine articles I'll send myself to gossip rehab) but they asked about why the were such good friends, what they did for nights out, and then asked if he'd seen any of the fanfic about him and H, it totally felt like there was a question missing, really weird.
R242 - oh yeah, i meant he's making fun of the rumours not H. I 'd find it pretty funny to joke with my secret bf/gf about their latest fling if I knew it wasn't true, but then I enjoy being in on a secret.
- After reading that article, it doesn't change my view that I think N/H have more gong on that meets the eye... it is easy to brush of a question like that with a "oh no! we are just really good friends"
Idk, but i got a weird vibe from reading that article as if someone is really trying to kill the rumours... what a weird question to start with?!
- There have been a few articles and interviews asking about their friendship or bromance, but it does seem a little different that more recent questions mentioned above ask about or strongly suggest that people think they are together
- Re: the Evening Standard article ... usually, I'd agree with L Girl and say it's worth listening to them, since they are far more sensible than the red tops, but that article was shocking. As in, badly written, cobbled together and unprofessional shocking. The language was too informal and it came across more like an online article than something published in a respected paper.
I highly, highly doubt that Natalie Imbruglia had sex with Harry in the woods at James Corden's wedding, where she was most likely there with her boyfriend. Who she has been photographed with since the rumours started, clearly in an attempt to squash them.
Some of the "new" facts struck me as odd and very out-of-nowhere, as did some of the Harry quotes; she clearly didn't actually have an interview with him, so I'm assuming she's basically picked them from other interviews and articles and stuck them in where they make sense. It's not uncommon to do that, at all, but at the very least you shouldn't take a quote totally out of context or crop it to fit your needs, which phrases like "I love cougars!" seem to be ... or entirely made up.
For example: you'll find him in the Lansdowne pub with "his boys" or Grimmy's glossy posse?! Who exactly are his boys, because I don't remember us hearing about them in The Lansdowne. The glossy posse, as I remember, were Harry's cousins.
Since when was Louis living in Primrose Hill, as well?!
The end of the article, I thought, was as tasteless - if not, surprisingly, more so - as the tabloid stuff we've heard. At least they didn't so crudely suggest they had a quickie up against a tree! And I think the other, past-it Aussie is Danni Minogue; she's sniffing around Harry, is she?
Because of how the rest of the article came across as unresearched and baseless, I'm kind of ignoring the comment on Nick. Because whoever wrote this, doesn't seem to know anything at all. Maybe she's right, maybe she's been told in no uncertain terms that Harry is straight as a ruler and had quick but amazing sex with Natalie Imbruglia; but she certainly didn't give that impression through her writing.
NW3 - missed last week's Heat (oh, for shame!). What were Nick's answers? Doesn't look like it's been posted on the website, unfortunately.
Looking forward to tomorrow, anyway! As has been said, it will be more tightly controlled because it's planned and it's a band activity, but hopefully Nick won't hold back (doesn't seem to feel the need to at 6.30AM, why later in the day haha)!
- A quote from Heat magazine that I've seen online appears to be the same as if read before,possibly from Fabulous mag,but I'm not sure,so that might not be new either
- Something I've noticed in every interview with Nick where he is quizzed on his friendship with Harry is his keenness to get across that he and Harry are equals.
He always rejects the notion that he is some kind of mentor, older brother or protector etc and says he doesn't recognise an age difference.
I read the heat interview and think this sentiment was reflected there also.
- L Girl, you read it! You wouldn't be averse to giving me a very quick rundown of what was asked/said would you, if it's not too much? Not sure why it's not up on the website, but I find his answers to questions about Harry interesting - for the reasons you just stated.
Fandom is very keen to paint Nick as the father/brother figure (I think partly because of the now widely-seen interview with Sugarscape, where he tells the story of being mistaken for Harry's dad; and partly simply because of the age difference). However, Nick from what I've read seems keen to get across that they get on because they have similar tastes, they find each other funny and ultimately they get on well as friends, whatever the nature of their relationship.
- ah, been trying to post a reply for ages! Links, here's the relevant hits of the heat interview, forgive typos, my phone is having sporadic keyboard trouble!
Heat - one of your most famous mates at the moment is Harry Styles. How did you two meet? Nick - I think we met at the teen awards last year. I hosted it and he was on it. You kind of become friends with the band because tout interview them maybe ten time in a year.
Heat - Do you notice the age difference? [Nick is tenders older than Harry] N - Not at all I've for friends of all ages.
H - what's an average night out for you two? N - They've not really been average nights out - they've all been sort of unplanned and fun! we do all sorts together. Were both northern and we get on well because we've got a similar sense of humour.
H - Are you protective over him? N - I don't feel protective - he's smart and savvy enough not to need a protector. He's probably wiser and more clued up than me. He's conquered America and all that, and Im like 'Let me tell you about the time I DJed in Milton Keynes...' He's like 'I've just played Madison square Garden, so Im fine for advice thanks' [Laughs.]
H - it must be mad the attention he gets... N - He gets more attention than anyone I have ever ever witnessed! Its so full on. Having been on The X factor as well its like people - quite rightly - think 'I voted for you so pay me attention!' People wouldn't go up to, say, Rihanna the same way they go up to him. H- a lot of 1D fans follow you on twitter...Yeah everyone who follows me is called something like 'Mrs Styles'. H - there are 1D fans who tweet saying 'Im crying, Nick retweeted me'...
N- Oh yeah! Its crazy. I get a glimpse into what its like. No wonder pop stars go mad - its so weird. I think its good that they're in a band though, as there's five of them. He's not going to lose it.
H - have you seen the fan fiction about you and Harry? N - No, but I've heard of it. Let me see... [heat begins to read some of the fanfiction which centres around a call between Nick and Harry..."Harry's been driving him everywhere. How is he going to get around if he ruins this? How's he going to get to the grocers?" N - How am I going to get to the grocer without my driver?! [Laughs]
H - You, Harry and Caroline Black attract a lot of attention. Was it difficult for you when they split up? N- Not at all. They're still friends and still see each other. I don't want to talk for either of them but it was totally amicable from what i got.
H - She's had a tough time on twitter... N - It was cry the stuff she got! Did you see that voodoo doll thing? That was insane. Imagine an editor being like 'Yes lets print some bullying... H - Have you and Harry had matching tattoos? N - that's not true. False story! We don't have matching 'lads' tattoos.
Also, thoughts on the radio 1 takeover? I've not heard it all, nothing outrageous from what I heard though. Interesting that apparently Liam said he knows Nick cos he's always going along to stuff with Harry...
- The radio 1 takeover was nice to listen to, they both get on so well it was very natural compared to the rest of the boys imo.
I did find it funny when a caller asked what Harry looked for in a girl and Nick sniggered quite loudly and he went on to say "someone who has a good sense of humour..." hmm gender neutral pronouns again, but maybe i'm just reading too much into things. But anyway it was adorable to listen to them both, it can't be denied that they are very fond of each other!
- I didn't have any high expectations from the radio show,it's not like they were gonna declare their love for each other but it was it was entertaining and you can't deny that they had a great time,always laughing and sharing jokes!I noticed the "what are you looking for in a girl" question too and Nick's reaction,"knowning" Nick i guess it wasn't a coincidence but i don't want to read too much into it.
Apparently Nick was at the studio yesterday with Harry(fans met Harry outside the bbcr1 studios and then Annie Mac mentioned Nick was there and he and /someone/ pulled a prank on her).I guess they were working on the radio show or something and they were seen leaving together later.Harry today wore the exact same outfit as yesterday and he drove in with Nick so people assume he spent the night at Nick's which won't be the first time really.They also left the studio together today and had lunch at a restaurant.
- I listened to some of the show. I didn't notice the laughing re the girlfriend question but if it was in response to H's "someone's" I wonder if they are really laughing at the fans who place so much importance on this?
One thing I did notice though; they were talking about favourite Xmas presents as kids. They move on to scaleletrics (no idea how you spell this) and N said "we bought some ..the other day" and then immediately change it to "I bought some.."
I may be reading way to much into that but thought I'd mention it anyway..
One last thing, a fan bumped into N&G having dinner together last night (she posted a pic so think it was legit)
- L Girl could you please post the pic of the dinner if convinient?
- Thanks for the Heat write - up, Omg. Cringeing at Heat reading fanfic out to Grimmy!
L Girl - I heard that too (the "we" changed to "I") and thought it was rather sus. Also Grimmy started talking about Harry listening to something on his way to the show (implying they arrived together) and Harry changed the topic.
Assuming he wasn't feigning ignorance, Grimmy not knowing any 1D album tracks negates his claim that he is a massive 1D fan - it's just a cover for his love for Harry :)
Listening to Harry's song choices, you just know that if Harry wasn't in 1D he won't listen to a second of their music. Apart from "I want" and even then, in an "omg I kinda like this McFly 1D album track but don't tell anyone" way.
- Harry is anything but straight. Its so obvious that he's not. All this media attention about him being a womanizer can be 1 of 2 things.
1) all those stories are planted, no doubt deflecting the fan girls from the truth.
2) anything harry is attached too seems to sell. So every paper tries to get some sort of story about him because again, they know fangirls will snatch it up.
The boy seems so into nick I have no idea how anyone could think he's straight. He likes women yes, but for emotional connections I think he leans more towards males. He's getting to be with grimmy out in the open with out all the chatter he once got with Lou. He and grimmy seem to genuinely like eacother, where as him and Louis always seemed a bit one sided.
He's not single. He's in a relationship with nick. It's just way too obvious at this point. Hell he's not even trying to hide it.
- All the above plus,
Liam from 1D was asked the question do you ever see nick or know Nick or something and he said yes cos he comes down to a lot of stuff with Harry ...
Also, when the girl asked Harry how long it took to do his hair and he said 5 mins, Nick said 'hmm more like 15'.
They implied a couple of times they came into work together this morning -- 'tell them what you were listening too on the way in'
Harry finished 1D work yesterday and hopped over to spend the evening with Nick in R1, nothing odd given they had a radio show to prepare, except the other boys all went home.
They went out for lunch after the radio show today - Nick and Harry were both tweeting about the same person and Nick then posted up a pic of said person in some sort of cafe/coffee shop.
The above and the fact they literally laughed and giggled the whole way through the show and the fact Harry is absolutely glowing with happiness in pics with fans after the show has left me totally and utterly convinced they are more than friends. I think they would make quite an impression if they came out as together, I for one would love to see it happen.
- R257, I've tried to link but can't (because I'm on a phone I think)
It was only a picture of the girl and Harry but was def from last night based on what he was wearing. The girl mentioned that she saw him as he was coming out of a restaurant in North London and that he was with Grimmy.
NW3, 'I Want' was the only decent track on the album! (IMO)
- I linked to a blog with a pic from today ... bro or ro -mance, look how happy they are together! I think its ro-manace personally, but whatever, I think its lovely two people of different ages and such an unlikely pair really, met and became such amazing friends, cos clearly they have the best time together. Harry never smiles so much as when he's around Nick.
- Ah, I'll have to listen out for those when I listen to the show on Monday. Also from some twitter pics it seems Harry was wearing the same outfit yesterday and today, which is odd for someone who must get clothes sent to him left right and centre, so maybe they did stay in the same place and travel in together? You'd think either way he'd have a change of clothes with him, lol.
You're welcome NW3, happy to have other people to discuss my Nick and Harry theories with, Hah. That bit was super cringey, do you see what I mean about it seeming like they were just dancing around the question? I mean...they read fanfic out to him, but didn't ask what he thought about it or if there was any truth behind any of it, v odd. Do you think journos are just banned from asking those questions?
- They're adorable together, I listened to for a short while and one bit harry said "i loveee radio one" and nick laughed all shy and was like "shut uppp" almost sounded like you could hear him blushing. Didn't sound like he meant radio one!
In regards to them being together, i'm not so sure but i do feel as though from nick's side he has feelings for harry.
- This is a sorta male version of Lindsay and Sam?
- 1D are at the x factor tonight, and i just saw this tweet https://twitter.com/holly_dwight/status/254654852116914176 .. moral support? awwww
- Meant to add earlier, some guy (on twitter) having just found out NG is gay claims to have found out he is sleeping with Harry and also, the tweeters friend?
Might be rubbish but thought I' put it out there...
(his name is Rickyticky for anyone who wants to see the tweets)
- I really think it's just your wishful thinking that harry is gay.
- Oh c'mon, ignoring the amount of time they have spent together before today, they spent yesterday evening, this morning, lunch, someone tweeted they saw them at 4pm together and now Nicks at x-factor. They are so together.
- omg.. that song for Union J.. what was Louis Walsh thinking? honestly.. it was just horrible all around.. and I know they can sing, because they did so well singing Call Me Maybe!
- I was talking to my mom about Harry and Nick and she has no idea who either one of them r and i told her about how much time they spend together and she even thinks they r a couple. Which goes to show u its not just peoples wishful thinking
- Harry may not be gay but he's definitely not straight. His preference is definitely men and women leaning more to men. I like how people think that nick is the one that's soo into him, it's clearly not that way. The feelings seem completely mutual. I just want to see what's gonna happen when they go out on tour.
Harry is still very young, but I think the boy knows what he wants and what he likes. I'm sure he could be dating a female right now, he probably has many to choose from, but he spends all his time with nick. I like them together, they see to play off eacother well.
Niall - straight. (hell probably asexual)
Liam - straight
Louis- straight (or in denial idk)
Zayn - could be bi stronger leaning towards women
Harry - definitely gay or bi. No question.
- People actually think Louis is straight here?
- Did anyone see extra factor? One direction were mentioned by Louis Walsh. Linked to Caroline and she looked embarrassed.
Now after more confirmation today that N and H spent time together again and the radio show and pics with them and especially H looking so happy I was assuming that the Caroline thing might not have been true.
- Louis is gay. He always looks so uncomfortable with his 'girlfriend' - anyone see the kiss at the olympics, oh dear god. I think thats why him and Harry became such good friends. They seem more distant these days, I don't think Louis likes the fact Harry outgrew him and made a new best friend. Harry seems to have a lot more freedom than Louis to be himself, Louis is like PR machine, moulded into what they want him to be. He never seems happy in interviews like he used to be. Sad in way.
- i don't think harry is sexually attracted to nick, he doesn't seem into him like that.
- I don't know if Louis is gay but i really don't see how people can say they are 100% sure he is gay only by the way he acts?? Or that he looks "uncomfortable" with his girlfriend...He may be in denial but from non paparazzi pics i've seen he seems pretty happy with her and don't all couples look awkward when photographed anyway? Plus his family seem to really love her especially his sisters and you can't say that young kids are pretending to like her and they are forced by the management,please don't bring any paranoid larry bullshit in here.
R276 how would you know if Harry is attracted to him or not? I don't think you can "tell" that by pics to be honest.
- hey, I'm in no way a Larry fan/follower at all, I don't think they were ever together, but I just mean I think if Lou is gay or questioned even that that is maybe why him and Harry became such good friends in the early days. I hope Louis is really happy with his girlfriend, I'm sure she is lovely, I just personally don't see the love there from pics but who are any of us to anything about any of these boys really! :o) I do think Louis seems kinda off in interviews and stuff atm tho ... he always looks kinda annoyed or tired or something! But anyway, back to Harry and Grimmy haha!
- R278 sorry if i came across as rude i just don't like it when people judge others' sexuality just be the way they look or act etc because they could be right but they could also be wrong and yeah in the end of the day it is all speculations and unless we get an official confirmation i don't think anyone can be absolutely sure as to what is going on with these boys' lives.I do hope Louis is happy too,i think he looks tired in interviews because let's face it they are tiring and i've also seen people saying that he has a general problem of keeping focused so maybe he's just distracted? Who knows!
Yes,back to Nick and Harry! I wonder if they are indeed in a relationship,personally i think they are,how they will handle thibgs when Harry will go on tour? And if they will ever come out?
- New day, new Harry article. This time it's about lonely Harry wanting a girlfriend.
Looks like a Hackford Jones PR attempt to repair Harry's manwhore image which culminated in that ridiculous story about Harry sleeping with 410 women in one year. Very different interview from the one the same friend was wheeled out to give a few months ago...
- This was the interview with same friend from June this year:
- All those articles are soo hilarious to me. If he wanted a girlfriend he would have one. As for Harry not being interested in grimmy, I definitely beg to differ. You do not spend that much time with someone you're not interested in. It just makes no sense.
I think Louis and Harry will eventually get close again. The tour their going on is basically all of next year, so that will be plenty of the time for them to rekindle their friendship or whatever.
I definitely think harry is in some sort of relationship with grimmy. Either that, or he's in a secret relationship no one knows about... but all these stories about him is definitely a cover for something. Only time will tell.
- Doesn't this friend have anything better to do than give interviews about Harry? Never heard of him or saw Harry hanging out with him,seems like an attention seeker to me
- This might be an unpopular opinion but i do think that maybe Louis and Harry aren't that great friends after all? Their friendship was deff pushed since the fans loved their "bromance" so much and many of the things they did seemed on purpose rather than a random act of love,also reminded me of Harry/Dougie from mcfly and all the other "bromances" that are obviously pushed too much for publicity.Harry was never seen with Louis outside their work stuff and even when they shared an appartment Louis spent most time back home with family and friends.Same thing happened with "ziam",the moment more fans started shipping it you had Zayn all over Liam singing to him and all.
I am not saying these boys aren't real friends,i am just saying that maybe they aren't the best friends most fans seem to think they are
- Omg: just saw your post about the Heat interview. I think journalists are in a difficult position; Harry has been sold as a straight, cougar chasing lady-killer and they buy into this by writing articles themselves linking him to girl after girl. I reckon they suspect something's up but are mindful that pushing that line of questioning really hard could invalidate any future articles about Harry and girls, if that makes sense. It was the same with Robbie Williams all those years ago - so much talk about him being gay/bi on the internet and in blind items, but the papers were more interested in exclusives on his escapades with women as they made good copy.
Findyourbliss: The Emma Ostilly PR story from April was what really alerted me to the fact that there was something to hide. We were fed stories beforehand about Harry planning to hook up with an ex girlfriend while in New Zealand, then pics emerged of them kissing and Harry trying to take her to his hotel room, and then a story about how they dated briefly when she was in the UK etc. It all seemed to be going well... until she had a change of heart and admitted on twitter that it was all set up, and that she'd had a boyfriend all along. This was swiftly followed by a press article that explained how disappointed Harry was at not being able to see his ex when he was in NZ - hastily dismissing the Emma Ostilly thing and suggesting that there was another ex.
R284: I do think the boys are genuinely close, but I don't think Louis and Harry are as close as they used to be during their "bromance". I think their lives outside the band have diverged sufficiently for them to not even remain friends should 1D break up after the 2nd album.
- L Girl: Such a shame "I want" was never released as a single. The single choices were bizarre - in what planet is "Gotta be you" a better ballad than "Moments" or even "More than this?" No doubt the same inexplicable strategy will be used for Album 2.
They'll be lucky to finish in the top 3 in the UK charts today, with RiRi, Adele and Psy still outselling them. The hastily arranged friday/saturday promotion only resulted in a slight increase in itunes sales; all too little, too late.
Ps: Forgot to sign off my R285 post
- I must be a rarity round here as I think Louis is at the very least bi, and is/will probably be gay.
Looks, behaviour, attitude aside and yes gay teenagers play football too, he was displaying classic signs of a young man coming out or at least comfortable with his ambiguous-looking sexuality on his school Bebo pages towards the end of his final school term. In my opinion, despite the girlfriends that's still plausible.
I don't KNOW as he is gay, but I think he is. The real shame would be that if he did feel more comfortable after school and during the X Factor with some emerging sexuality then because of One D he has likely almost certainly been forced back in. In, out, in. That's a very gilded cage to be in if that's the case.
- The Natalie Imbruglia article I take absolutely no interest in because the bulk of the print press are all scum to me, fed by hacks and PR and often just allowed to run off whatever assumption they like, based on precious little research, jokes, or hearsay. Sorry.
Harry may be absolutely no saint but I just don't think the UK press have a decent ligament between them so I would give it equal weight for being true (because I don't know Harry and his predilictions) and because the papers employs absolute arseholes who write what they want.
Jimmy Saville's dreadful paedophilic disposition was covered up, nay alomst supported, for centuries by the media establishment, so anyone's routine gay/bi/straight orientation ought to be a cakewalk to manage by comparison with today's methods of high end PR and shoddy/materialistic/quick fix journalism.
Someone clearly does not want Harry Styles to be thought of as a gay or bi man. Whether that is Harry Stylrs himself is debateable since on a one-to-one level he seems completely open to interpretation and even welcoming of hints and innuendo about himself. He also continues to use his gender neutrals (most recently when asked on Radio One what he looked for in a girl and chose to say 'someone') and hang with Nick almost as a permanent fixture. It might not be love but they are obviously having fun in whatever context.
- R282, Agree. The press coverage is either to hide a relationship with Grimmy or another relationship even more secret...
Anyone else noticed that Flack is currently wearing a dark grey beanie a identical to the one Harry wore when he was put into 1D at bootcamp...
(Yes, I know I'm 'obsessed' with this particular theory)
- R287 - could you direct me to the part of Louis' Bebo page where his sexuality appears ambiguous, as I can't find anything to that effect? Have linked it below.
- I'll also hazard at a brief timeline of possible events as I see them. Flame away:
Louis and Harry met and clicked at the start of X Factor, start going out/messing about.
They become closer as the year goes on. Parents/families seem to approve via Twitter. By October 2011 Louis is either by arrangement (after his festival gushfest about his 'boyfriend' Harry) or by choice, then dating Eleanor Calder.
Harry starts being linked to Xtra Factor host Caroline Flack. That's nice (and also convinient).
In the picture by now is Radio DJ/TV presenter Nick Grimshaw - right up to the new year and beyond with whom Harry is hanging out.
Big One Direction tour starts in 2012. Louis and Harry lapse back into their old routine left to their own devices, which by May 2012 is drawing so much online attention denials start being issued, articles written and many rumours/conspiracies occur.
By the end of the tour there's a sourness between elements of One D fandom and Louis/management. Harry is given a free pass as he doesn't get "publicly involved" with such online warring and is perhaps less 'fragile' than people assume and more 'sensible'.
Despite being linked to dozens/hundreds/410? women over the year by August/Sep 2012 Harry has gravitated back to Nick Grimshaw.
Louis has painted himself into his nice Eleanor corner and hangs out much more with Liam.
Grimmy and Harry start to become a regular fixture on the London scene for the rest of the year whilst ongoing womanising/sex stories continue to be printed up about the latter. Nick makes jokes out of it all, enjoying the banter and Harry squirms.
It'd be easy to write Harry and Nick off as PR for Radio One except that they end up being seen out everywhere on their off time too and with no obvious female company. Still, of course, we don't see everything. But if this were a het pairing they'd be married in the press by now.
All this has the effect of several fans begining to doubt 'Larry', or switch teams to 'Gryles'.
After 18 months+ Louis is "straight" and "deeply in love", Harry has a new 'bromance' and gets to hang with Nick whilst still 'championed' by the British press as sex pest of the year.
Attention has shifted away from Larry with the added bonus that it's unlikely Grimmy will handle the friendship like Louis Tomlinson. He's too easy-going, confident and knows how to deal with innuendo/pressure to crack.
As an aside, Harry picks his candidate to win X Factor for this year. I see this headline and wonder if it could be openly gay Lucy Spraggan and then click the link....
- [quote]Anyone else noticed that Flack is currently wearing a dark grey beanie a identical to the one Harry wore when he was put into 1D at bootcamp...
But then she would wouldn't she?
Spends the entire year lowkey and claiming 95% of what was written was false then turns up in a "Harry beanie" (which, to be fair, Louis aslo has a gret beanie and so do lots of people, it's not just particular to One D) as soon as X Factor bootcamp begins.
- NW3 you don't think he seems ambiguous on his Bebo pages?
- R293: No I don't, as I said earlier. He sounds like every other schoolboy to me. Do copy and paste an example of said ambiguity - very interested in what you're seeing that I can't see.
L Girl: why would a PR company (or the press) try to hide a long term relationship with an older woman by linking the guy in question with several older women? What is your thinking behind their desire to hide Harry/Caroline (as I'm sure that's what you're hinting at) by linking Harry to 37 year old Natalie Imbruglia? Or Harry to the 32 year old Radio DJ who took legal action? What do they have to gain by constantly linking him to women, full stop? And why don't they bother with Niall, or any of the single guys in The Wanted, or Conor Maynard?
- R292, I get what you're saying but it is identical (and quite unusual, not just a generic grey beanie)
I know there appears to be far more reason to believe H&G (there are so many tweets confirming & quoting sources that I've stopped posting them)
However, Flack things like this keep popping up which are hard to explain away IMO.
- NW3, Because I don't believe the reason for hiding the relationship would be to protect Harry's image.
If they are hiding it, I believe it would be to allow them privacy, protect the relationship and to shield Flack from further abuse.
Also, i think fans could cope with rumours of one night flings with older women but that is very different from H being in a committed relationship with an older women.
- I love this pic from yesterday
- A reason for the constant press stories for Harry could be deflect attention
from Flack & H.
I'm not saying I believe all this above the likelyhood of H&G, just that it's as plausible that H could be with Flack as with Grim.
When she stops wearing H's clothes, attending parties with him & tweeting about Harry (before suspiciously deleting them) I'll write her out of the equation but for the moment, she's very much in the frame as far as I'm concerned.
- Ricky directly tweeted Grimmy and Harry with this on 5 Oct:
[quote]I know that you (@Harry_Styles) and @grimmers are shagging. You can't hide from the truth, Harry. Not forever.
Interesting. Perhaps the 'friend' he alluded to was part of the alleged 3some some time ago?
If he's only just found out "Grimmy is gay" he's a bit behind the loop!
L Girl, clothing association is difficult. Last week Grimmy seemed to wear Harry's yellow album jacket, further back several of his jumpers, a possible Grimmy ring and someone even thinks they've spotted a Louis and Nick shared pullover (dog forbid). It could be indicative of anything or nothing, mates clothes sharing or 'lucky coats/hats'. The number of times Harry and Louis have been assumed to be sharing clothes is infinite as well so I don't read too much into that.
Linked is a possible Harry and Grimmy/Aimee antiques excursion, though of course there is nothing to directly 'link' the two pictures. Harry's would appear to be on a UK racecourse?
- I read a lot "it is possible for a gay man and a straight man to be best friends you know" I know this OF COURSE it's possible but not even I hang out with my best friends every moment of the day?
- L Girl-(there are so many tweets confirming & quoting sources that I've stopped posting them)
... No, post them! That is by far the most interesting part of this thread.
- who is Ricky?
- R299, I just think there is a difference between sharing clothes with friends of the same gender and clothes sharing with an 'ex' gf?
Plus, you would think that hat would be a pretty sentimental item of his?
- Here is a 'rumour' tweet... someone who is the the music industry replied to her to squash it however.
- R301, ha ha, ok but remember they might be rubbish!
A guy tweeted that he had heard that H&G were involved. I ignored this tweet as I would any tweet that has no obvious links with anyone that might know anything. However, a couple of says later, he tweeted that he had heard from several people connected with the x factor that H was "100% gay and Flack was his cover"
Someone else tweeted that she had heard from her gay friend who works in the media that H&G had shagged and Flack was a cover.
This is what is confusing. All these tweets are popping up but at the same time, Flack is seemingly parading around in arguably Harry's most prized hat?!
Either way, something doesn't add up.
- L girl, I am not dismissing your claim about Harry and Caroline. You are as likely to be right as any other theory but in terms of the clothes thing I can say that I would still wear something from an ex if I liked it especially if it was an amicable split. I still wear jewellery that an ex bought me because I like the jewellery and we split due to distance. It doesn't have to really mean anything.
- L Girl - how do you know it is the same beanie? Especially considering Harry wore said beanie in 2010, a year before he met Caroline. Seems a huge jump to state they now share clothes?!
- This beanie? (linked) I don't really understand; this isn't like any of Harry's hats, not even the really old one from when he was first on X Factor. You say "clothes sharing" plural; other than the necklace, what else is there?! I'm not including the hat, since it's not the same.
Apparently Caro's gagging to "fix" James Arthur, anyway, so I'm sure that'll be taking up her time ... I mean, they could be trying to cover up her and Harry, but it's more likely that now that she's got a name for herself, they're trying to get her individual press not linked to her "ex".
Either way, as someone else mentioned, clothes sharing isn't really conclusive of anything. People pick up clothes that look similar; they borrow clothes and keep them; they borrow them and wear them for reasons other than for sentimentality. I wouldn't use clothes sharing as conclusive evidence of Harry and Nick either, despite the jacket; usually it turns out the items aren't the same (black t-shirts, white t-shirts, rings ...)
L Girl - why would the hat be sentimental to him? He wore it once during X Factor auditions and it was never seen again - fair enough, this was the day they were put in 1D, but a whole year before he met Caroline. I don't see why he would have given it to her, or why she would want to wear it. The one she's wearing in the photo is definitely different.
R304 Weird reply to the tweet, 'literally my two husbands'?! Just because she doesn't look like a fangirl, doesn't mean she's not; the original tweeter is probably just someone who's stumbled across threads like this one, or looked through some of the posts on Tumblr listing much the same things as have been discussed here.
- R306, I just think, added to everything else, it means something? (& certainly goes against the theories their fling was made up or very casual)
NW3, I know it seems odd that she would suddenly start wearing it now and obviously, I don't know it is the exact same one but it is identical.
If I could link pics I would but if you can check them out on the net. Flack is wearing it in a recent Sugatscape piece. H wears it with the green polo shirt/cardy combo at bootcamp.
That tweet dismissing the N&G rumours is from a young women who has recently started working in fashion PR In London. Relevant?
- Sorry, Links from the post about Caro and the beanie.
Here's Harry's in 2010.
- R308, The hat is identical, honestly (if somone would tell me how to link pics via a phone, I will)
Flack also tweeted a pic of herself in it (whilst singing with olly) if you want to see it from a different angle?
It's def the same.
I obv don't 'know' it's sentimental but he wore it throughout bootcamp and the fact he wore it during a life changing moment would make me think it's likely that it is significant? (& he is supposed to be v sentimental isn't he?)
- On a separate note, here's 1D on the carpet at the Teen Awards today. Harry's looking pretty lush.
- Links, thanks for posting pics!
Her's only looks slightly different because she has folded it over I think.
- Lol, I wish L Girl would keep posting all the Harry and Grimmy tweets, they're fascinating.
I appreciate it is hard to totally write Flack out. We don't know these people/deeply. However, given that everybody has worn at least one item of someone else's clothing at some point in this story (Harry wore Zayn's jacket one day, randomly, for example), there are still so many ordinary, seemingly unconnected people tweeting about Harry and Nick randomly more than anything/one else (unless several members of the entertainment industry and the random public have been labouring under a masssive misconstrual, deliberately orchestrated).
Also, nobody's posted so far to indicate Harry is taking Ms Flack out to lunch/visit an event without being recognised by someone who would jump on Twitter and blab. Wouldn't something have reached blogs, Twitter, Facebook, whispers, rumours by now?
We found out Harry and Nick have socialised in family settings but nobody has said the same for Caroline Flack? Of course it could happen, but would a random face surely not report back given the internet is so accessible/well trawled/open? Louis and Harry couldn't go out at one time for being recognised and twittered about going to Rosso, etc? Even if the accounts were sketchy or jumbled? It would at least get out there.
Is it feasible CF favourites his tweets because she is his friend? Attends parties and invites because they move in the same circles? Wears similar/matching clothing because a/b/c/d reason (see above). You could say the same for all 3 scenarios for all of Harry's bandmates too, who do all the same, regularly.
Each to their own and you can't rule anything out. But I would have genuinely thought there to be much easier ways of under-the-radar dating that didn't involve being linked to an older gay man with an obvious eye for the boys.
I don't really think it's Harry with the problem, if he were with Flack or Grimmy. It's those around him with the PR issues of image that care how he' seen or come across, hence the conflicting stories.
- Just did a comprehensive google search. Links is right, the beanies are completely different. Different design, even different shades of grey. I had put in links to the pics of both beanies blown up, but it looks like datalounge doesn't allow this as my post was rejected.
I'm going to try and catch the teen awards despite saying goodbye to my teen years almost a decade ago. Need to see my Gs Harry and Grimmy!
- Can someone tell me how to link pics as the two pics I have show them to be identical?
I'm not sure about much in this whole saga but I am about this?
- What has Zayn done to his hair?!
- I've read through this entire thread because I came across it on tumblr. I. All for ships in fandoms, it's fun, it's hillarious and its nice to pretend. But it's entirely another thing to do what your doing. YOUR INSANE. Just because harry wears his emotions on his sleeve doesn't mean he's gay. He gets attached to his friends, and follows them around because he's sweet and that's what he does. How can you sit there and say "I know for sure harry is gay or bi" you honestly have no idea whatsoever. It's like if you went to school and every day of your life someone told you that you were gay. And you weren't but they said it over and over and over. How do you think harry feels having people like you sitting at home and analysing his friendships with people to the very last detail. Harry made it ovbious he likes girls, and if anything he's one of the boys that would just say exactly how he felt and not let management stop him. He's done it before, whereas Louis quite clearly hides things because they tell him too. He's closeto grimmy and yes grimmy is gay but so what? If harry was close to a girl this wouldn't exist, you wouldn't be speculating. It's almost like you want him to be gay because you think that's "cool". Harry doesn't flirt with guys, he doesn't stare at them like Louis does, or anything. I've even seen posts on here saying you think Zayn and Niall are gay. Are you serious? Let them live their lives and stop writing out what YOU want to happen.
Finally I want to say again about grimmy. You say that because they stay at each others houses, share clothes, go to party's together that they must have a "thing" lots of guys do this, it's not uncommon in the slightest and your blowing it so fucking out of preportion. For example harry used a gender neutral word and everyone jumped on it and went "OMG HARRY AND GRIMMY ARE SHAGGING" please, save yourselves the embarrassment and save harry from getting hurt by your constant telling he's gay and just stop.
Posted the on the other thread too
- [quote]I just think there is a difference between sharing clothes with friends of the same gender and clothes sharing with an 'ex' gf?
Tbh, from what I've seen, I think he treats people equally.
Also, if you are coming at it from a heterocentric angle (which could be correct!) then you would probably give it more impetus than say, him wearing Zayn's army jacket or some baggy old jumper of Nick's. But who's to know the sentiment/meaning behind the item? Or its timing?
You assume the woman is more special/noteworthy than any of the men?
Lol, I'm done tinhatting for the day though. All grist for the machine and the variety of opinions is good to hear.
- An old article: Nobu date. What wasn't mentioned was that Harry hung out with Grimmy in radio 1 that night; he didn't just drop him there.
- Another old link. Last one, as it's almost time for the Teen awards!
Remember Harry going to see Jay Z and Kanye with Liam and Danielle in May? They may have been in the same concert, but it was actually Grimmy he went to the concert with. They went clubbing together afterwards (but were never photographed together, as usual)
- [quote]YOUR INSANE.
It's 'you're insane'.
[quote]Just because harry wears his emotions on his sleeve doesn't mean he's gay.
Yes luv, we know.
If a thread on a dedicated gay discussion site that you chose to gatecrash offends you, which it clearly does, then it's less an issue of 'insanity' than your own choice.
I assume you crash the national UK press and complain about the Harry Styles manwhore articles with the same vitriol and resentment?
- NW3, Can you quickly explain how I can link?
(Harry stayed over the night they went to Jayz too)
- First of all I was unaware this was a guy discussion forum
Second I don't care that harry gets portrayed as a man who're or even gay but its the facts you all sit here and little rally insist he's gay. I've seen people post that they know he is. No, you don't
- It has to be done. R318 Oh Dear! As previously pointed out it is you're not your.
Who are you directing your post at? I am a very occasional poster here and I don't really know anything about any of the people this thread is discussing. It is all pure speculation. Nobody as far as I remember has claimed anything different. People chat here for a bit of, and I quote: 'gay gossip' and 'pointless bitchery'. Nick Grimshaw is a fairly well known - in the UK anyway - gay man and who he hangs around with is interesting to me. Others come to the thread for the Harry Styles and 1D stuff.
This is not Tumblr and not to be taken too seriously. Lighten up darling.
- R320, You obviously haven't read this thread properly because if you had, you would clearly see most people are posting about what they 'think' not what they 'know'. Two totally different things.
R314, I agree with the majority of your post (lack of sitings, Flack&Harry simply socialising as friends, the absurdity of using a friendship with a gay guy as a distraction etc..)
However, somethings can't be explained away and the hat thing is one for me (if someone could tell me how to link i'd show that they are identical)
For the time being, my money is on a continuing relationship with Flack. Just my view though.
- L Girl - right click on an image, click copy URL and the paste it into the links box underneath the text box and above the name box :)
R324 I wouldn't bother, there's too many people posting here and who were posting on the old Louis threads for you to change the tide.
None of this is hurting Harry, as far as I know most of this stays on the board and isn't getting tweeted to him or anything.
- R324 Oh dear again! It is whore not who're, darling. If you post on DL you need to use correct spelling and grammar or the grammar trolls will come after you. I am not one of them.
Nobody on this thread claims to know anything.
- I don't think Harry and Caroline are still together for all the reasons other listed above,especially that if they were someone would have seen them whether that is a fan or the paps.Harry with Caroline didn't seem to have a serious relationship to begin with so any interaction could be in friendly terms? I am still friends with my ex and i was with him for over two years so i guess they could be friends too and they only dated for a couple of months,they also move in the same circle of friends but the only place they were both there was Nick's party??
Again that theory is as possible as anything else but personally i find it impossible,also the beanie isn't the same,the colour and design are very common though so i get why some thought it was the same,clothes sharing for me isn't a valid enough agument for two people being involved especially when clothes look so much alike today and it's easy to get confused.
- aww Nick and Harry on stage at teen awards
- Two more tweets from yesterday. She is journalist and he works for The Sun...
Just seen Harry Stiles in the passenger seat of a Merc driven by Nick Grimshaw at Portobello. #justsayin'
@joaniwalshi we all know why... #DidTheyKissGoodbye
- well those tweets are interesting...
- oh wow - Harry and Nick at the teen awards! When Nick called Harry back, it was so pointless but so cute! I LOVE them together. Clearly crushes going on on both sides here!
- Just watching the Teen awards on the red button. Grimmy brought 1D on to the stage just to tease the audience, and said something to Louis who replied "thanks, NICK" with what looked like a glare. He then very unneccessarily called Harry back to whisper in his ear.
He just said "hello to Mrs Styles... there are so many people with that surname". And he keeps mentioning 1D (but we all know he means Harry)
- 1D just won their first award - best Brit album.
Very interesting tweets! Can't work out her reply after his though?
"Bit difficult to unstrap the child seat. I'm not really feeling that Wand Direction anyway. More like One Misdirection."
Don't get the latter two sentences!?
- Lol Louis and Grimmy - this is better than panto!
Grimmy: And Louis, if you're looking for a 6th member...
Louis: (curtly) Sorry mate, we're full.
Grimmy: Er, I think that's a maybe from Louis!
- Nick was ovbiously deliberately putting questions to Louis to avoid the awkward long eye contact he and harry have when they talk
- I'm really enjoying this thread because unlike twitter and increasingly tumblr, everything stays where it should (on here) and relatively lowkey..
so the tweets from random people seemingly unconnected to them are quite interesting, not sure about presenting them being at the same place and crashing round each other's houses as conclusive though.. I mean to be fair they are friends so that would be expected anyway?
- NW3 - it's a treat this awards show and nice that it's on during the day! Is there going to be a male hottie of the year award? I think we know who'd win.
Ha love Grimmy's female hottie speech haha.
- R338 It's more what these people - working for tabloids who write all the womaniser stories - are implying about their involvement together.
- Very interesting tweets, R331. It was tweets and online posts like this which alerted me to these 2 all those months ago.
Links, I think she's making a dig at both the band and the relationship, but I could be wrong.
I remember an interview with 1D where Louis was critical of Harry dating older, and now I wonder if it was Grimmy he was thinking about. I think he disapproves of Harry & Nick's relationship, whatever it is.
- Links - Indeed, a very welcome treat on a sunday afternoon! I hope there's a male hottie award too! Loved Grimmy doing a Kanye on Emma; she couldn't even be bothered to do a video message, so well done Grimmy!
- I find Louis beyond annoying,if this bitchy behaviour isn't just an act he likes to put on then the kid has issues and the fame has gotten into him big time
- Teen Awards - You know normally I'd laugh off the Louis thing as jokey but he's just coming across as a bitch.
Harry cannot stop looking for Nick, nor grinning at him like a loonatic. Its killing me slightly. Whatever is between them, keep doing it because its worth those amazing smiles and the happiness the give off around each other. They are an unlikely pairing if you think about it, so its nice to see such a friendship at least between them. Maybe if Nick really never has been in a very serious relationship or in love as he claims, and they are together, maybe Harry is the exception he probably wasn't expecting.
- Louis's bitchiness is prepared to keep the joke going each time they talk to Grimmy; he's not actually being short with him? Well acted though ... Ha.
Award number two! Think they'll do a clean sweep. One Thing might be my favourite single of theirs so far. Really catchy.
NW3 - good point! She didn't. Not a huge fan of Emma Watson, she's very keen to leave her teen fans behind and become more "indie".
Interesting theory that Louis doesn't approve of Nick because of the age gap! I don't think he's homophobic - whether he's straight or not, since there's some differing opinions here - but he maybe thinks Nick is a bit ... Flighty, I guess. I don't think he should worry, whatever Harry's feelings, Nick seems to adore him.
I meant to say - we've been through the Bebo thing before and I have seen nothing on there that says Louis is gay apart from the standard teenage jokes all boys make about "bumming each other mega gay lolz".
- Louis to Grimmy: I'm not going to tell you again mate, we said no.
What a bitch. At least the Louis fans can't dismiss this as management speaking for him.
R344: couldn't have put it better!
- So none of One Direction were nominated for "male hottie"? I suppose they couldn't all be up for it and it's not great to separate one from the rest.
Maybe I'm missing something but all I'm getting from Louis's comments is scripted?! Meanwhile Harry grins like he's sapped all the electricity from Christmas.
- I think the whole Louis/Nick thing is scripted,awards shows EVEN TEEN ONES need something to spice things up and on their radio interview he sounded fine,it is only on camera that we see this so i suppose it is an act.
Harry is just so happy being around Nick you'd think his face will fall off from smiling too much,whatever these two are up to it clearly makes them happy so keep it up boys!
- Links: You're probably right that it's a running joke with Louis acting really well. Normally that's what I'd have thought, but this time it seemed real to me, especially combined with his earlier glare.
And those were my exact thoughts when I went through the Bebo site..
Gemma's interview with them just now was lovely. They have such a good relationship with Radio 1, and the Harry/Grimmy relationship/friendship just makes it all the more special.
- In reference to what someone said up there "Harry is just so happy being around Nick you'd think his face will fall off from smiling too much,"
I think this picture describes that perfectly, so adorable!!
- Ohh look at that picture from 350 ... Harry's face! Smile falling off face. they make a really good looking little couple actually. I think they could do good.
- I agree, tweets from people who really don't give two hoots about 1D or Grimmy do make me wonder, much more than the sort of fangirl tweets you see lots of.
Also I thought that it was really interesting that Nick dropped Harry off at X Factor y.day, we know from tweets that he was in the studio with him but then went home to watch the show...and today David Gardener tweeted H and G saying thanks for the Teen awards tickets. I know these are all fairly tiny insignificant things, but it all feels like very coupley behaviour and like someone else pointed out if Nick was a girl and Harry was spending this much time together they'd have been married off by the press by now.
Oh yeah, so the Team Lads thing y.day amused me because having seen Nick's tweets where he uses #Lads or things like that, its normally in a really piss taking way, i.e. out drinking cocktails #lads I know its nothing specific but it amused me.
- 346, are you serious? they're obviously joking around.
- damn you guys hate louis.
- I don't hate Louis, I don't really have an opinion on him, i think a lot of his banter is just that, rather than hating Grimmy. I said before that I wonder if his annoyance about the gay rumours/Larry stuff is that its N and G that are a couple, but obvs he can't say that?
- Thanks for the instructions Links, still didn't work, must be because I'm on a phone. The hats are identical though, I guarantee it (although I agree they look different in your pics)
Interesting tweets from the Sun journo although contradicting tweet from the PR girl who does sound rather certain? (on the other hand the Sun guy is likely to have better sources)
I'm going to keep an open mind and post anything relevant to H&G but right now feel it's highly possible he is with Flack. Hope I'm wrong but that's my gut feeling (N&G is almost seeming too obvious now)
- Oh Nick Grimshaw, only you would write Harry on your forehead. However, unlike the thousands of screaming girls, you probably get to go home with him ;o)
- No i think louis' annoyance with it is because they hate on eleanor and bring his family into it. They even asked his little sisters about it.
- So you think management of whoever else would prefer people assuming Harry is with Nick and being gay rather than being with Flack?
I used to really enjoy your posts L Girl but after seeing you taking seriously that ES article which was obviously childish and unprofessional and believing that H/C are still together based on a similar beanie and an unfavoured tweet i feel kinda disappointed.
- R359, Ha ha, sorry to disappoint!
If a relationship between H&Flack is being hidden, I don't believe it would be about H's image but more about protecting their privacy?
There are many many reasons I think they may still be together (apart from the hat and tweet) which I won't bore you with.
I appreciate that it may be irritating that I constantly swing between two quite different views but it's just what I think.
Humour me (or ignore me) I really don't mind :-)
- My prediction in R138 was right! #MysticMeg
Lovely to hear Grimmy's dulcet tones on the chart show :)
- RNW3, that's pretty catastrophic for a first single from an unreleased album from a band with their level of hype?!
- I think they have been unlucky that gingham style has become so popular. I thought they would only reach number 2 as Rhianna is internationally recognised
- L Girl I would hardly call it catastrophic.
They aren't really a singles band anyway their second single of UAN scraped in to the top ten at 9 and they don't make cross over music as such. So WMYB aside their songs aren't going to attract much attention out with their (substantial) core fanbase.
But that doesn't matter because the record industry is about money and money in the industry these days is made through touring, merchandise and endorsements. I see no evidence that 1D are struggling to sell tour tickets. If that does happen there may be cause for concern a top 3 single however is not.
- I can't help but notice how Grimmy kept asking Harry what he will do after 1D/if they want to do a radio show together etc,he did it at the itunes interview then at his phone interview in the first breakfast show and yesterday.Maybe one direction are already over? I don't remember which one was it(i think Louis or Zayn) but i remember them saying in the "fabulous" interview that noone knows how long they will last so they are enjoyining the present,maybe i am reading too much into this but that reply seemed rather pessimistic to me.Anyway i don't see 1D lasting for more than 1-2 years.
- They also came in above Adele, who charted a #4?
I don't think it's that bad; at no point have they or anyone connected to them or even the press predicted they would go in at #1. The pressure and expectation has all been put on them by fans and non-fans, which I don't think is particularly fair.
Rihanna's an established artist with a very solid fanbase and who also appeals to those outside of her fanbase, which 1D currently don't so much (or not enough). I think they were very prepared not to chart at #1. Psy's just been a freak hit; and I would be very surprised if it's still high in the charts by mid-week, they've overplayed it on Radio1 (I believe on purpose) and people are going to be sick of it. It's funny at first, then dancey; and then you just want it to stop.
I don't see it as catastrophic, L Girl; after all, it's a high chart place, the song's obviously popular if it's getting close to Rihanna and has overtaken Adele (so far, I think Adele will rise). I also think they're saving stronger songs for the second single, closer to Christmas and album release. A good single along with album release will boost sales; and a number one around Xmas, if they can manage it, would be impressive.
NW3 - what did Nick say on the chart show? Bitter tears of disappointment that he'd let down Harry?
I'll be looking forward to his live-tweeting X Factor tonight. His teasing of #newharry and "it's that guy from LadzFM" gave me a smile last night.
L Girl - re: Caroline, I just don't see exactly what time he's spending with her (or indeed any other potential lady) and why they're so happy for him to be chilling at the studio with Nick all hours of the night, having dinner with him, going on "double dates" with Nick's producer, going shopping, going on picnics, going on nights out where she does not seem to be present ... bit neglectful!
Also, have we mentioned how Nick threw Harry's 18th birthday party? I find this very sweet. And also probably a big celebration on Nick's part. [/tinhat]
- R364, Yes, you're right in terms of their other revenue streams.
But a band that is supposedly the biggest in the world struggling to make the top 3 with their 1st single in their home country is pretty poor IMO.
I can't imagine their mgnt is happy.
- Links, you're right, there are many holes in my Flack theory (for one, how H would have the time to see her given he is glued to G)
However, there are also things I find hard to find alternative explanations for.
Some people have a propensity to believe, more easily, things that fit with what they want to believe. Perhaps I do the opposite lol.
I wish these people would do the decent thing and just tell everyone who they're shagging!
(Would be very helpfull)
- correcting myself before someone else does their 3rd single One Thing scraped top 10 not GTBY.
L Girl I'm finding it hard to see were you are coming from with this pessimistic out look at a top 3 single. Only finishing behind one of those freak novelty singles that come along every so often and one of the worlds biggest/most popular artists.
Had the boys scored a top 3 after a string of number ones fair enough. But their only number one to date in the uk has been WMYB which sold so well because it was a cross over hit that appealed to EVERY one not just One Direction fans.
One Direction has a large core fan base. It is enough to get them a top 3 single. But money isn't in singles it's in touring and One Direction sell tour tickets like they are going out of style. Charts are less and less important.
Any artist could release a single that will out sell 1D 2/1 but will that same artist have a fanbase that will spend the kind of money One Direction's fanbase will on merchandise and tickets?
And who said One Direction are the biggest band in the world?
Most popular with teenage girls? yes, most popular with the media? yes biggest in the world? I don't think even they believe that.
I think the boys will be fine for a couple more years :)
- L Girl - I think this release was handled very badly. Their record company was so confident the song had no competition, as at the time the release date was chosen Gangnam hadn't yet gone properly viral and Rihanna brought her release forward by a week. It was only when they realised it wasn't getting to nunber 1 that they arranged promotion. So no signings, no live performance, no regional radio tour... In the end it sold about half of what WMYB sold this time last year. So I agree it is an underperformance.
Links 1 Adele was only released on friday and ended up 1,500 sales behind 1D on just 2 days worth of sales. They are very lucky she released on friday (50th anniversary of Bond) as otherwise they would have been number 4! I agree about the unfair pressure, but it came from the record company who made a song and dance about their record pre-orders etc. But I agree it isn't catastrophic - they now know (hopefully) what they need to do to get the album promotion right. The next song choice is key, and the promotion has to be top heavy.
Grimmy didn't say anything noteworthy - he just plugged his breakfast show. I was busy listening to Reggie and was nicely surprised to have him interrupted by Grimmy :) I wonder if Harry is sharing that roast dinner he spoke about? I'd like to think they're together, with Grimmy reassuring Harry about the chart position and letting him know how well he performed today, but knowing Harry they probably won't talk about 1D at all..
- R369, perhaps catastrophic was too harsh (& yes, ostensibly, a no 3 is great) but from my perception is that artists of their popularity releasing their first single of an released album would expect a no 1.
Each subsequent release will probably chart lower, particularly once the album is out.
I'm no expert on this but it seems to be the pattern as far as I've observed over the years.
I'm not suggesting the end is nigh but it pegs them at a different level (popularity wise) than I would have originally thought them to be following their international success.
- We'll have to agree to disagree L Girl and see how the next single pans out! I think they'll have learnt from the mistakes they made this time, perhaps resting on their laurels in relation to promotion (compared to WMYB they've done next to none) but I think the leakage was a major issue. Any further tracks will be closely guarded I think.
I'm a bit confused I thought 1D were performing tonight?! Why did they make that random performance last night? Another thing that surprised me; they missed out on an X Factor performance for promotion.
In the long run, however, their performance today was really very good; and they were all very personable on radio. Maybe too late for the single, but good for the album in general.
I hope Harry is enjoying a roast, consoling himself that nothing will ever be as bad as last night's Union J performance.
- Links, you may be right.
Tbh, I'm not really bothered how they chart.
I really just want to know who's sleeping with who! (sad I know)
- Something that may be nothing, but has always been at the back of my mind, was during the Grimmy/Harry interview on Grimmy's 1st Breakfast show. They were talking about Harry being away a lot on tour and Grimmy said "I'll have to get another friend" and jokingly suggested Finchy as they had similar schedules. Now Finchy is already Grimmy's friend (they certainly socialise together every now and again) and Grimmy has many other friends anyway. Why would he need a new friend with a better schedule just because one of his many friends is away a lot on tour?
Replace friend with boyfriend and it makes more sense :)
Ps: One night only - one of my favourite songs being murdered by Rylan!
- WTF?i just want to throw up only by reading all this.You people are Sick.
Get a life it's not cute anymore.
You are worse than TUMBLR girls +Twitter all together.. .Far worse
- Verdict on tonight's X factor:
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose..
Where is Grimmy and his comedy live blogging when you need him?
- Maybe he's too busy eating his roast dinner with 1D.
- Just watched a video posted by bbc radio 1's Twitter. It's from back stage at teen awards. The 1d lads have to draw each other. Names picked at random. Harry gets himself. Under the ddrawing he writes "average". Other lads laugh. Maybe they didn't hear the physcolgist on grimmy's show saying he had an average face. Harry obviously still has that in his mind.
- Sorry it was the breakfast show Twitter
- so N stayed at H's house from what he said on radio,after having the roast dinner mentioned on twitter and at the awards
- He couldn't have been more obvious when saying that on the radio that he stayed at his 'friends' house "...and before I was about to go to sleep they then told me the house was haunted!" Hmmm
- At this point I feel like nick just wants to scream out loud about he and Harry. He always finds a way to talk about him indirectly, on his radio show. They seem to be in love. It's a beautiful thing.
- Two guys with great asses: New Orleans Saints quarterback and Louis Tomlinson of One Direction.
- 382 - YES, I really agree, I think Nick is internally screaming that he is with Harry, to me its like he is dropping hints left right and centre as much as actually can, he knew people would link up between haunted house and Harry, he's not stupid. To me thats almost like, I'm giving you everything I can, work it out.
And the indirect non stop want to talk about Harry, again to me, is all a real tell of someone in a new-ish relationship who can't stop thinking/wanting to talk about this new amazing person. I do that. Ha.
- R375, For someone so disgusted with this thread, you contribute to it pretty regularly...
- So some gay guy who is a hairdresser for TV shows tweeted about the N&G rumour stating it wasn't a rumour and he had heard it from a 'VERY' reliable source. A writer replied that it's a 'well worn' rumour and the hairdresser replied that it was 'def not just a rumour'
This guy used to be flatmates with Amy Winehouse (& invented her beehive apparently)
Make of it what you will.
- L girl where can I find the tweet?
- I think the hairdresser deleted that tweet as i follow that hairdresser and can't seem to find it? But i did see "@MrAlexFoden
Wow! Seeing & speaking about so many people in the Industry tonight that can't come out/lie/go with girls to cover it is actually shockin!"
- I found his twitter but there was no tweet about Harry and Nick but i did see the one where he said that its sad how many people cant come out and have to hind it
- He deleted them shortly after. Some one asked why and he said it was too early to be controversial!
He was emphatic that it wasn't just a rumour though.
- Okay, I'm just going to throw this out there:
Do you honestly believe that Harry isn't fucking the old women and young girls that are continuously throwing themselves at him?
"Think how much pussy you're gonna get."
- Inevitably, the online Tumblr "Gryles" community has been discovered by the Breakfast Show team. Tumblr's surprise at this is, as always, baffling; you go on and on about someone (Grimshaw and/or Harry) for long enough, tweet about it enough (whether you @mention or not) and they won't be able to miss it! The social media person's tweet about reding fanfic was quite funny though. They don't seem too bothered.
However - it's actually Nick's constant talk about Harry and how much time they spend together (even if he doesn't nme him, he knows when people are going to join the dots correctly) that makes me doubtful. He's very open about it, when right now Harry, surely, can't really come out (if gay and with Nick).
However, the constant tweets from people who, if anyone, would be in the know are hard to ignore. This latest tweet in particular is very adament, where before the tweets have just been very knowing and just on this side of rumours. Do you know what shows he works on, L Girl? Wonder where he got his info from. And the journalist who replied obviously wasn't sure.
- Another rumour tweet here who claims to have a reliable source.... this is all too interesting
- I don't think he is. He's with Grimmy every free minute he has
- I find it very uncomfortable that Nick and all the radio breakfast team read everything on tumblr.. but Nick doesn't seem bothered at all. I get the impression he enjoys the attention and speculation.
Before reading this thread I didn't have any idea about the rumours or did i believe one bit of them.. now i'm not so sure.
- Links, 'King of Thrones' is the show.
Are you also doubting they're involved? It does all seem a bit too obvious to be true now?
- L Girl just because something is obvious, doesn't mean it isn't true... PR can't control every tweet and everything that comes out of nick's mouth.
- I wouldn't say I'm doubting. There are elements to this which kind of nullify it being a cover up at all; it is, as you say, starting to look obvious. The tweets just linked - I'm not so sure. If they are together, why is he showing random girls texts from Harry? Whether she works with him or not, that's an odd move unless she's a good friend (unlikely if she's blabbed to this bloke, who hardly seems to be in Nick's sphere).
Equally, there's the argument that a few tweets here and there - where neither involved party is @mentioned - isn't going to turn the tide of the rest of the population who believe Harry's straight and just friends with Nick (who a lot of people see as either a hanger on or just good friends with famous people generally). Nick being open about their friendship can, in fact, only strengthen this in some ways, especially if he never addresses the rumours or the specific Tumblr community who "ship" them. Futhermore, apart from the hair dresser, we don't seem to have had any tweets from people who KNOW anything for sure, or they haven't said so.
So while to us, who have been looking at this for a while and are adding things up, it seems obvious; to the general public and the general fan, it's just a bromance and if Nick sleeps over in the spare room (as was implied, whether true or not) it's just "hey, look how bromantic we are!".
Harry's spending all his time with him, though, and I don't really see where he could be fitting in another relationship; at least not a serious one (I.e Flack).
But as one Larry shipper pointed out; "Louis probably slept over the same night as Nick, difference is, he was in Harry's bed." So there's always that ...
- R397, Yes, I agree and you can see attempts to hide it but not as much as you might expect?
As Links says, they wouldn't make it so obvious If it were true? (If i'm interpreting you correctly Links)
Not unless they were preparing for H to come out which seems highly unlikely at the moment.
(All the tweets do confuse things though)
- The tweets mentioned above are very interesting.
I am not a 1D fan. I found this thread because I saw the DS rumours thread last year and had been watching to see what happened on and off since then.
Is there any truth in the Louis rumours? I actually vageually know a 19 yrs girl who lives on the street he's from but have never dared ask her. She'd probally think it was odd if i did ask.Just wondered if that may give more idea about thelse two.
- Putting aside my views on Flack for a moment, one thing that makes me think N&G could be involved was Liam's comment on Saturday.
I listened to it yesterday and he did make it sound like they were a thing.
H accompanying G to stuff is easy to understand. H presumably doesn't know to many people in London and G has access to exciting contacts/friends/events etc.
G accompanying H is harder understand (if they are just friends) G supposedly is super busy, has loads of interesting friends & place to go. Why would he go to so much stuff with H?
- Union J's perfomance on saturday might have been crap, agreed. But it was partly the idiot Louis' fault. And it was their first performance. They were probably really nervous. I know Josh has an amazing voice, but he was god awful on saturday. It was very false and out of tune. Then again.. I doubt one bad performance will hurt them.. I mean, they already have a bunch of fangirls that will vote for them no matter what. They did survive that performance after all. I also think the comparisons to One Direction are hilarious.. people forget that One Direction had an awful first performance too, yet look at them today.. so Union J's first performance means squat. I'm sure they'll do much better this week anyway.
- I thought you meant Louis Tomlinson, I was very confused! Don't really like Union J, I think their chemistry comes across as false and it's too focused on George Shelley. Whose face I also find wholly disturbing, but that's by the by.
Not sure why we're discussing them? In relation 1D, all they can really do is take over the younger age group and make it easier for 1D to go older and less clean cut, if they decide to go past the 2nd album (think this depends on next year's tour and how interest stands up).
I think 1D could actually do something like what radio 1 have done; 8 years with Moyles and they've gone for Grimshaw, expecting the ratings to drop but in the long run it's worth it because they'll have the right demographic and the credit of playing more music and music which is good. Obviously, 1D don't have the history of radio 1, but in terms of gaining money and fame through these first two albums, they'd then have the option to lose some of their fans but keep the ones who like a more "respected" genre of music and gain new ones.
Just a thought, and obviously the situations aren't entirely the same, but with money they would have the option. Might take more than two albums though.
Back to H&G! (L Girl - you've put N&G I assume you mean H?)
I heard Liam's comment too and thought the same. We see Harry going on Nick's nights out a lot because it's newsworthy that he's hanging out with that group; Nick hanging out with Harry at 1D events looks entirely more suspicious because exactly why would he? Even for a friend. He sees Harry on nights out with his own friends.
- Heat interview with Flack this week; she won't answer questions on Harry Styles (they literally put "Silence" in answer to the questions they ask) and says she's single and dating. Meets people through her friends. Would definitely date a younger man again. Says most things she's read about herself (and Harry?) Is rubbish.
Make of that what you will.
- I agree N hanging out at 1D events is less easy to understand than H going with him to places.
- Also in heat! A story on the matching orange coat. They wonder who borrowed from whom (doubt Harry borrowed a jacket for his album cover) or each own one to "look like weird twins". Although I thought this was interesting:
"Or do the friends each own one and wear them out together"
Now I'm ready to admit that I could be reading WAY too much into this, but I thought it was weird that they used the word "friends" since people are well aware they're friends and the sentence would have flowed better without it.
But that, I think, is tinhatting.
- Links, yes, I did mean H&G!
What Harry questions did they ask Flack?
What do you read into her silence?
- If I'm honest, I read into it that she's trying to halt the Styles questions because she can now be interviewed in her own right; and it's saying to anyone who does read her interviews just for Harry gossip that they won't be getting it anymore. At the side of the interview, they placed pictures of her with Olly, Rizzle Kicks, Dave Danger, Harry, Louis Walsh and Frankie Cocozza; showing with some of those that she's in the celeb circle without Harry.
They mainly asked her about the abuse she got about Harry, not about the relationship itself or the breakup; maybe because they haven't, but maybe because there's actually nothing there.
She does say, in answer to "what kind of girlfriend are you", that she wears her heart on her sleeve; whenever pictured or taped with Harry, I never saw her looking particularly enamoured. More fond, at most.
Although, they were never really pictured together once they'd started "dating" anyway.
Finally they ask are you still friends, she says: "if I even say that we're stil friends, that would blow up into something". Which implies that they're not and people shouldn't read anything into it, but does still leave the door open - and people WILL speculate from that comment. Meanwhile Harry has recently said they are, as has Nick. She also won't answer the question about what he's like in bed, quelle surprise.
She seems really to be drawing a line under it all.
- N mentioned on the radio about Heat mag and a coat or jacket ( I was tired at the time as it was way too early so not sure which) I hadn't realised he meant the album cover one.
- Oh, also, 1D will be on the cover of Wonderland next month; edgy editorial, will be very interested to see (actually my favourite magazine!).
- Links, thanks.
One thing i remembered her commenting on recently was how she talks about H in interviews, only because she is always asked.
She was responding to someone who sent her a tweet complaining she never shut about him.
I guess a reluctance to talk may be due to that, may be because it wasn't real in the first place or maybe, because it's still on. Could be any of these I guess.
One thing i realised is that I have never seen a comment from H on N or any questions put to him on the subject (it is always the other way around)
Must be one of the 'banned' subjects.
- Yes agreed, with Flack it's hard to tell; she seems generally reluctant to talk about him or their time together, rather than banned or tight lipped and wry.
Have been thinking this about Harry and Nick since the Fabulous and ST articles; his association with Nick and Co isn't even mentioned and was only alluded to on Alan Carr, with the picture of Pixie. I had thought it was just because while asking Nick about overnight sensation and cougar maniac Harry Styles being his BFF made sense, asking Harry about the 28 year old DJ and his indie crew doesn't. Most fangirls don't know who Nick is apart from a guy Harry occasionally hangs out with, so why would they be interested in reading about him? Also he's not famous outside of the UK.
Still, neither was Caroline Flack. And not even people in the UK knew who she was. Yet no journalist seems to want to touch the subject with him - which does suggest it's banned. Or at least discouraged. But then surely more journalists would have said they weren't allowed to ask? Look at that Canadian journo who blabbed (although I thought his publishing that was unbearably tacky, especially when the questions he was banned from asking were so well-worn and he must have known they'd been asked a million times before?!).
- I think there is meant to be another instance of sharing a grey jumper, the one N wore on saturday, seen before on H.
Different to other grey jumpers with a weave which have been compared before.
This sounds hilarious I know. Looks like they've shared a few items of clothing and bought same shoes
- R411 Yeah I was just thinking recently that Harry's never been asked about his friendship with Nick, whereas Nick is asked about Harry a lot. I doubt it's a banned subject though, more likely it's just because most 1D fans probably wouldn't care that much about his friendship with Nick? IDK. I know there's a "Gryles" fandom that's starting to get bigger, but still.
Anyway I'd love someone to ask Harry why he likes Nick so much, I'd be really interested in what he has to say. We never hear it from his side.
- Just saw the picture of the jumper, definitely the same.. I presumed it was Nick's though as it looks a little bigger to be Harry's. Plus the picture of Harry wearing it was taken today.
I know sharing clothes can be meaningless, but I just find it funny how a millionaire popstar who has (i'm guessing) many many items of clothing is sharing his 'best friends'... my tinhat wants to say he just picks it up as he leaves Nicks... but i'll not go there.
- If anyone is interested....
- So the jumper was worn on Saturday. Would Nick have had time to wash and dry it after such a busy weekend.
Don't think I would wear clothing belonging to a friend without washing it first. Maybe that's just me.
- j: the jumper was worn over clothing, so won't have needed a wash until 3 or 4 wears! And they are blokes :)
Links: you wondered about Nick being indiscreet with the texts. Having listened to his radio shows for the best part of 3 years, I can confirm that Grimmy is one of the most indiscreet people I have ever come across! Even just yesterday alone he told the nation that Harry kept texting him after the teen awards, and then read out Coxy's text to him. I feel like I know everything there is to know about Gellz, Rhonda, Chung, Henry, Pepo, Liv, Aimee, his parents etc just from listening to his night show. I've thought "gulp, I hope they're not listening" many a time. Proudly showing off "Arry's texts sounds like the sort of thing Nick would do.
The thing is - as long as he keeps saying he's single, calls their escapades "ladz" outings and teases Harry about women, no-one can say they are anything more than very close friends. If they really are more than friends, no-one can out them if both of them insist they are single. And the rumours continue, but will remain just that until one (or both) of them comes clean.
Remember Joe Lycett tweeting Nick that he was jealous of him and Harry? Joe is gay; would he be jealous of a platonic friendship with a teen popstar?
- It's so refreshing to come into a thread with rational mature adults. The fans are obviously not gonna read into anything nick and Harry are doing, because they see it as harmless.
I just wanna see what's going to happen when Harry goes on tour. At this point will he just be fucking girls on the road? He and nick are obviously in adoration of eacother. They seem to have mutual feelings when it comes to eacother and I feel like this is who Harry is. Him being with a male is so much easier, because fan girls will think nothing of it. While him being with a female brings the world closed to an end. I reckon Harry likes it this way, I'm not saying he's gay but he seems to have a strong leaning towards men, so this all works out well for him.
As for nick, I think he could fall for Harry, (if he already hasn't) and he's so in love that he can't help but bring him up.
- j: I think I misunderstood your post! I thought you were suggesting it wasn't the same jumper. Just seen the pics - very cute! The jumper is big for Harry; why would he buy an oversize jumper?
I'd glad to learn from Grimmy that Harry has moved into his new house. Wonder how he's getting on with furnishing it? I wait patiently for my house-warming invite...
Links: where was it mentioned that Louis was with Harry and Grimmy sunday night? Louis could have been watching X Factor from his own house, but was in Manchester that night anyway, according to one of the papers.
- I was being sarcastic NW3, I HIGHLY doubt Louis was there; that was just an excuse from a desperate Larry shipper!
As I've said before, sharing clothes does not mean people are in a romantic relationship, or even having sex (as the ex-Larry-now-Gryles shippers of Tumblr seem to think, which is very frustrating and causes a bit of deja vu); but it's still very sweet and they do seem to share or own a lot of the same clothes.
About Nick being indiscreet; I agree, he's very open on his show (part of his charm), but he obviously never goes too far. None of his friends would still be around if he was sharing important secrets rather than telling stories; Henry, for instance, did the same thing with the "diesel casting" story. However, if it came to something like his relationship with Harry, I'd like to think he wasn't showing random girls or whoever their texts and not caring who knew.
Unless, of course, Harry doesn't care. In which case, the fact that it's a secret at all would make little sense, other than them wanting to be private ... again, going against him showing a girl these texts.
He clearly cares about Harry a great deal and I don't think he's the sort to jeopardise that.
(All this being said with the assumption they're together, of course, and setting aside the fact that they might not be.)
I think we all know Sara Cox would happily have repeated that text on air had she been there haha. And Harry's weren't incriminating either. It's more the fact that he would have been showing her something very personal. So I'd say either the girl was lying, or exaggerating the truth (i.e. someone else she works with told her they'd seen texts/knew they were together etc.).
I don't know, I find those tweets a bit problematic; also the blokes seem like complete twats.
- Links, watched a utube video today and you may be right about the hats.
Today, N referred to a 'she' in regards to who he had a roast dinner with on Sunday evening. He referred to a 'they' in regards to who's house he stayed over at on sunday when talking about it yesterday.
So he either a) had dinner with one person and then spent the night with another b) he bought it up again today adding the detail of the roast and the 'she' to mislead people following the gossip from yesterday or c) he knows two people who have recently bought haunted houses...
Re the texts N was supposed to have shared, i assumed they were suggestive texts as otherwise, would they be proof I anything? I tended to agree with Links that I would be surprised if he would share these with a colleague? (although the tweeter seemed legit)
NW3, I agree re the Lycett comment
Re clothes sharing, If it weren't for the fact that they have been sharing clothes since last year, I would be starting to think this was now deliberate...
(I noticed, today, he went on about lending a jumper to his producer. May have been an innocent comment or may have been damage control?)
- Oh and I agree, clothes sharing doesn't in anyway confirm a relationship but it does suggest that they spend a lot of time at each other's homes.
- Yes i realised it was the same jumper just maybe more a coupley thing to share unwashed clothes than a friend thing.
As for producer borrowing jumper not sure if with that in mind we spot harry doing the same and put 2 and 2 together or think nothing of it..
- Links: looks like I misunderstood you too, haha. Got in from work to so many new posts; I really didn't read them properly as I was so eager to put my 2 cents in before Datalounge sends out the "too busy for your post please pay us $18" message..
I agree Nick is always respectful; his is that sort of indiscreetness (is that a word?) that his friends/family would secretly enjoy.
I thought Nick showing the texts (if it happened) may have been him proudly showing off something about Harry. I do this a lot when I'm just starting a new relationship and really like the person. It was the girl in question who I reckon was indiscreet. I can imagine Nick trying to be coy and passing the texts off as a 1D fangirly moment, but being so painfully transparent. Didn't someone once liken love to insanity? It makes people behave in ways which don't always make sense. (And I'm not even thinking really senseless behaviour like that 30 year old teacher)
L Girl: H & G could have gone for dinner to a mutual friend's home, and then gone back to Harry's. Or he could be backtracking, considering he reads tumblr and must now realise he has a much bigger audience and can't get always get away with these little anecdotes the way he used to at 10pm.
- I thought the staying over thing was very sweet, and a very coupley thing to do, I mean staying over with someone on a work night when you have to get up at 5.30am and they don't is a real kind of... 'I want to be with you as much as possible' thing isn't it? I know we don't *know* it was H but we don't know anything really!
L Girl i wondered that, if they're just being too obvious now? But maybe like I think Links said, it just seems obvious because we're looking for it?
- Re: Being so obvious...
Maybe its just the case that Harry does want to come out as bi or whatever he is but management wont let him. Maybe he feels uncomfortable with not being honest with fans. He and Nick could be dropping hints all over the place in the hope that fans will see through the womaniser rubish and uncover the truth. Possibly they are also rebeling as much as they can get away with in the hope that one media outlet will throw caution to the wind and run with the story and give Harry the perfect opportunity to come out.
- A paparazzi video of them..not sure which day this is from, but sometime this week :) The day Harry wore Nick's sweater.
- I've kept in touch with him since x factor when I lived in England. He is just a kid, don't be fooled. He's experimented with a couple guys, neither of which were Nick, and probably enjoyed it, at least with one of them. But since day one he has been trying to get his dick wet like it's his job. Have you ever seen him interact with an attractive woman?
Anyway, I can't believe you are falling for the sweater sharing. You're so gullible. They look at tumblr and twitter. Social media is making everyone's job easy. Nick knows when he mentions Harry on air he gets a million tweets and posts. You're believing what you want to believe and Nick is gaining listeners just by acting coy. Harry's more the orphan type in Nick's group. Experiencing what he has in life doesn't take away daddy issues.
Anyway no one will believe this so bye, I tried
- Oh and why on earth would Caroline put herself through what she did with Harry for PR? She got hate from young girls and was embarrassed in front of her peers. They could have picked any number of woman Harry's age to put up a front.
You're all thinking so hard about every little thing, you're forgetting common sense.
- ^^^ Maybe you're gullible one, believing everything you're told?
I've never taken any notice of anonymous sources anyway - if you really were close to the person in question you won't be posting about them on a gay website. I'm sure Harry and Grimmy's close friends and family are aware there is all this stuff written and discussed about them, yet thus far not a single one of them has said anything to refute the rumours.
- Meant to say "maybe you're THE gullible one"
In other news... (I miss that from Grimmy's 10pm show - sniff) this morning was the first time he got through an entire show without mentioning 1D or Harry. Well done Grimmy - that must have been hard!
Omg: Robbie Williams recently said that he felt sorry for Harry as in his day he could just about get away with anything as there wasn't the instant media (twitter, instagram, online papers, tumblr etc) to report his every move. He didn't say this, but there was also enough time for his PR people to respond, which isn't the case now with PR companies left doing no more than damage limitation or "burying" bad news, politician-style.
- To address your Caroline point first: for one, they didn't know that would be the reaction to the relationship and as things got out of hand, the relationship was cut off; for two, no one had the foggiest who she was before she started seeing Harry, except that she would be the new Xtra Factor presenter. As soon as she was involved with Harry, due to their age gap and his rising fame, everyone knew who she was. People watched the Xtra Factor; far more than would have without her connection to Harry.
HOWEVER - no one has ever stated they know for a fact the relationship was false (no one sensible at least). I have a lot of doubts as to it still going on, but as to the reality of it early this year it could go either way; the benefits the relationship had are what makes it suspicious, but they definitely don't mean the relationship was a fake for sure.
I don't think you know Harry. You're not English, for one, unless you're saying you met him post-X Factor, in which case in what capacity and how do you know about his experimentations? That implies you're close. Why are you on this message board, though?!
I do however think your point about them playing up to the Tumblr and Twitter fans is valid; it's entirely possible that they get a kick out of seeing the girls wet themselves over pictures of them sharing clothes, especially since the matching shoes were such a hit. It's not the clothes sharing that indicates to me they might be involved though.
Personally I've never said Harry's not attracted to women; and I think it would be stupid to say that he's lying when he says he's a natural flirt and does so with women. And I'm sure he's very charming with attractive women and adept at seducing them. There's a very strong possibility that he does so.
Linked; interview where Seventeen magazine insert the specific [girl] because Harry as usual forgot to make things clear. (Second question.)
- I'm on this message board because I'm bored and googled something and I want attention, why do you think? Are all Harry's friends too awesome to get bored and troll the internet? Even Harry gets bored and trolls the internet. I'm not English but I was in school there during their season of x factor. I keep in touch with Niall, too. It's obviously totally up to you whether or not you believe me.
Of course chances are I don't know every single thing about Harry, but he's not exactly a private person and Niall talks a lot, too. Harry doesn't try to hide anything, he just doesn't confirm things either. Rumors go away. If this somehow blew up he'd ignore it, but it won't. That doesn't mean he doesn't know exactly the ambiguous impression he gives off. Look how well it's working for him. And people are feeling sorry for him because they think he can't come out? Please. Even if he was strictly gay it would not be an issue in his life right now.
- Thanks for the 17 article, Links. I wonder who he had in mind when asked about being in love? His first girlfriend Felicity? I always thought that was puppylove.
- R434 You went to school with Harry then and were close enough that you met Niall through him?
I agree even if Harry was gay, I don't think he'd be bothered about not coming out right now; he's not being forced to hide from the people he'd want to tell after all. The only thing that I would say would be hurting him would be the negative press about his sexploits and the negative reactions people have to them.
I'm sure Harry's friends do get bored and google him or whatever; but you'd have to have done quite a specific search for Harry AND Nick and even the question of their relationship to find this thread. Which if you already know what's going on between them (nothing, if I understand you correctly) why would you?!
And you think he has daddy issues - why? Are you implying whatever's going on with Nick has to do with them, or?
A lot of people claim to know Harry or be his friend on the net - you can understand why I'd doubt you.
NW3 - I suppose it doesn't necessarily mean it's someone he's been in a relationship with. The only person I've ever been in love with was just a very good friend (who had no idea, cliche). I don't really know anything about Felicity or their relationship, so I wouldn't like to comment. Do you know much about it?
Could mean Caroline, even, I guess, if we're going by their being real.
He's very careful with his gender neutrals; but I do have to say that his "friend" above makes a very good point. His ambiguity is practically famous now, especially to a subsect of his fans, so it's very likely that he's aware of what he's doing. Also, sometimes a gender neutral does make more sense to what you're trying to say, even if you are only talking about one gender. For example, "I like nice girls" sounds like "I like good girls" or "I don't like girls with a bit of edge" whereas "I like nice people" translates to personality. I also think there have been occasions where he could have been gender specific and hasn't been, both conciously and not.
It's strange how people think Louis and Harry are gay for such different reasons; and Harry's so much more legitimate and unoffensive.
On the jumpers, however; I don't think they were aware. Nick wore it on Thursday 4th to the radio; Harry wore it two days later before their show together. Nick would have had to have remembered he'd worn it two days before AND been photographed; and then suggested Harry wear it, though knowing they would definitely be photographed this time. Pretty forward thinking and manipulative just for a kick. Also, did he take it to Harry's when he picked him up? More likely Harry stayed over and chose it to wear.
Feel free to tell me I'm insane!
- R429, If you were in school during their series of xfactor, you obviously didn't go to school with any of them so how did you meet them? If you're telling the truth, I'm assuming you got to know them throughout their time on the xfactor making you a teenage fan who happened to stay in touch. If so, you can't have known them for that long and given that they're normally all over the place and you are not even based in England, I wonder how much you could really know? You may have been around them during xfactor and formed your own opinion based on that, but now, presumably, what you know is simply a case of what you're told.
Either way, most people on here wouldn't dispute the majority of what you have said.
Most people assume that Harry has been pretty active with female fans, that something happened with Flack, and that being only 18, he is probably experimenting all over the place with lots of different types of people.
We have also previously said that we suspect that Nick and Harry are smart, well aware of the rumours (most probably aware of this thread) and no doubt use those rumours to their advantage. They would be silly not to.
However, that doesn't mean there is no substance to those rumours and I would be interested to know what makes you so sure that they are false?
Since last November, countless people connected to the media industry and the London gay scene have suggested they know something is going on. People have even seen them being intimate at clubs.
Yes, it's possible that they may all be lying or all repeating false information that's been fed to them but why? This seems unlikely to me. (particularly as these rumours started before their friendship was publicised)
Moreover, it is very unusual for a straight teen to spend so much time with a gay guy 10 years his senior who has made it very clear he fancies him.
There have been many occasions where they have tried to conceal the time they spend together (but failed because of twitter gossip) For all anyone knows, they may be together more than we think.
We obviously don't know what's going on but I'm not entirely convinced you do either.
Regardless, we are simply gossiping/speculating because it is an interesting story. It's harmless and as you pointed out, most likely what their respective mgmts want us all to be doing so I'm not really sure why you even posted here!
One last thing, if your story is true, you can't be any older than Harry. It's odd to refer to him as 'just a kid' if you are one yourself??
- NW3, I would suspect he is referring to Caroline (when talking about who he has been in love with)
Regardless of whether it is still going on now, I think they were serious at the time. I know I've mentioned this before but I think the fact that H was papped being dropped off by Flacks sister (kids in tow) supports this.
It says to me, they were either so close he met her family. Or, so desperate to spend time together, they had to meet at hers to avoid the press?
This was a couple of days before their 'split' which is one of the reasons I have doubted it.
You have said a couple of times that you know they split way before it was reported. I just wondered where you read this or heard this as i've not seen any gossip along those lines?
Links, agree with you about the jumpers.
- Addressing what I missed - Harry and Caroline stopped dating a long time ago. It lasted maybe a couple months. Of course they knew she would be getting hate because of the age difference. She was supposedly very embarrassed by it at the time. That wasn't the first instance of issues involving women in the band, but I don't think they knew it would be as bad as it was.
Anyhow I'm not incredibly close to them but I've seen things, been drunk with them, have mutual friends and talk to them every so often. I've witnessed their relationships with each other a lot. I know what his dick looks like. I am definitely close enough that he wouldn't lie to me about dating someone. I have not slept with him.
As far as seducing women, he has slept with a lot of (female) fans and so has Zayn. This is known among their fans but not really the media I guess, who thinks he's only connected to celebs. I know them because I was a fan, by the way, and became a friend. Don't ever think their fans don't know a LOT of stuff.
It wouldn't be unheard of for friends and family to lie to protect Harry if they thought it was necessary, but if they said anything people would analyze their motives. There have been other girls I know who said things people didn't like and got chased off tumblr by crazy fangirls. They've got the scoop if you can find them, but I'm warning you none of it's very exciting.
Again, don't feel disheartened because I wouldn't call him all the way straight.
So that's all I want to say. I lied a bit about my identity and so on because I'd like to keep them as friends and who knows if any of them would end up here via googling. I didn't say anything damaging (or that hasn't already been said elsewhere) but people don't want friends with big mouths.
I honestly didn't know this was a gay messageboard when I replied. Peace!
- Oh you posted again. I met them during x factor and spent a lot of time with them on the x factor tour and on some dates on their American tours. I'm saying what I've been told about their friendship because no one would have a reason to lie to me about it, especially since I know about things that are more scandalous. That doesn't mean it's without a doubt the truth, but chances are.
Sorry if I missed other questions, but I'm gonna really go now. If it makes you feel better, just spin this story into being impossible. You are all good at putting spins on everything.
- R439, This may be a gay board but it doesn't mean all those posting on here are gay/bi. I'm straight.
I mention this as I think a lot of people (yourself included) may attribute our arguments to some fantasy we want to keep alive.
I assure you, Harry being straight, bi or gay makes no difference to me. I'm simply intersted in this story as are most others I assume.
- R439 I don't think anyone here is disheartened as none of us really know anything and we all enjoy a bit of speculation from time to time. I come here for the Nick angle to be honest. I like Grimmy and enjoy reading news about him. The people posting here are a little less fan girly than the likes of tumblr so it's a fun read.
I sit on the side of the fence that Nick and Harry are just friends but would be happy enough if they were in a relationship. I think it would be good for Nick to meet someone to be in a relationship with.
Nobody here wants either Nick nor Harry to be hurt by the speculation and I think it is obscure and anonymous enough for it to not impede on their lives at all.
- I don't remember the photos of him being dropped off by her sisters, to be honest, but Nick said of the split in Fabulous;
'It was more a case of "you're getting shit for this and I'm never here".' [Paraphrased]
First I think it's interesting he quotes Harry here rather than Caroline, who is his friend and I think has been his friend longer. It sounds a lot like he's giving Harry an excuse.
Second, that he says Harry was never there; it implies they barely saw each other, at least not nearer the time of the break up. If all was genuine, it sounds a bit like it fizzled out and neither really had the inclination to keep it up.
If he went to see her days before, I think it was probably just to talk things over.
- You're a fan who knows he has daddy issues? I'd say that's a bit more intense than anything we've posted.
The rest of your story has become eerily similar to the multitudes posted on Tumblr; "fan from the early days, became friends, got drunk OMG they took me on tour ... Oh and I've seen his cock".
So have I, love, and I don't know him personally.
You might be being honest, but I don't really believe that any of their fans are actually good friends with them, no matter when you met them. And you did yourself no favours lying from the beginning.
- R442 Here here!
Now. I meant to ask L Girl - have we already discussed people seeing them together in clubs or am I just being forgetful/missed it?
- Although I do believe they keep tabs on everything social media, more than we think and to a certain extent play up to the rumours, I don't believe it's constantly a thought of theirs... the jumper scenario I believe wasn't done to start more speculation but more of an accident, the matching shoes however i believe were deliberate.
- I'd love to know what Harry has done that is 'so much more scandalous' than sleeping with underage fans, a female tv presenter in her 30's, a married women in her 30's & a male DJ 10 years his seniour...
- Links, I mentioned a tweet by a young guy over Xmas about his friend seeing 'H&N all over each other' to the extent he concluded H was gay?
Another poster said that people had seen them kissing in clubs and that people were surprised that no pictures had leaked yet?
You asked said poster where they had seen that and they couldn't remember.
That was the extent of the conversation on that subject I think!
(if you google Harry and Jodie flack you should be able to find the pic btw)
- I doubt that Harry and Caroline ever really dated. I saw someone tweet this a few days ago:
"Been told by several people who are involved with xfactor that Harry styles is 100% gay and the Carolyn flack story was a cover up #gossip".
You can still find the tweet using the twitter search function if anyone is interested.
I've seen several tweets that claimed Flack was a cover-up, all from different sources. None of these people are fans of One Direction, so I'm inclined to believe them. And I find it hard to believe that all of these people are misinformed.
And I don't think the pictures with Caroline's sister have to mean anything? Either Harry really is good friends with Caroline and her family, or these pictures were staged. Personally, I'm going with the latter.
- I saw that tweet too but wonder how accurate it is I don't believe he is 100% gay. There have been rumours of all the fans H has slept with for ages and the DJ thing was true.
If Flack was all PR (& I'm not convinced) i personally don't think it was to cover up H being totally gay?
- People need to give up this idea that the guys are untouchable and too good to mix with mere mortals. They are regular guys with regular friends. They hang out with each other and nobodies all the time. Harry is particularly close with Zayn.
- One thing I will add though (in relation to flack's sister) is that they look like paparazzi pics.
That pap was lucky to be at kings cross station the exact same time as them.
- Nicolo just tweeted something interesting.... this amuses me as Nicolo used to date grimmy.
- What makes you so sure that married DJ story was true? I used to believe it was true, but I've been having doubts lately. I know she was fired, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean anything? She could have done anything to warrant being let go.
And I don't believe fan rumours, but that's just me.
- Although thinking about it, the pic can't be staged as why would they do that a few days before they announce a split?
If anything, the Nicolo tweet would suggest H&N are false as surely he would know?
- R454, A girl who seems to know H's mum's best friend was talking about it before it was released to the press. She tweeted that it was coming out in the press a few hours before it did.
Also, there were some tweets from a friend of Ed Sheeran about it at the time it was supposed to have happened.
I don't know for a fact it's true but IMO, it was.
- Was thinking the same L Girl but Nicolo has done and likes to play coy... he likes a reaction.
- I have a feeling Nicolo is on the wind up with that tweet, but it's interesting nonetheless.
- Thank you for that glowing insight, R451. Who knew Harry was close to Zayn! And I don't doubt they mix with "nobodies" but despite what they say in interviews, I doubt that fans who do things like google them are the people they hang out with. More like people who don't care about the band. Harry's photographed nearly everywhere he goes anyway; and usually he's with Nick or a variation on his group of friends.
L Girl - I wouldn't rule it out completely? I've never seen or heard any believable stories of Harry sleeping with fangirls, whereas with Zayn I have. Also there's more rumours with Zayn generally, where Harry there rarely seem to be any at all.
I still find that DJ thing a very odd story; all I would say is that it makes little sense for their PR to authorise it. So either they had nothing to bargain with or there was something bigger to run.
We've been over this before though, I think. Also, the DJ was nearly a year ago now; yet it came out so late. So why? They'd been able to keep it under wraps for months, what changed? To be honest yeah, maybe he slept with her once or twice, but the backlash from that was pretty ugly; especially when the husband got involved.
At a stretch, he could be 100% gay now, even if he wasn't so sure then. But to be honest I doubt a few people working on X Factor would be privy to his percentages of sexuality.
- Is the girl you are talking about the same one who tweeted the thing about Nick corrupting boyband members she fancies? Because I'm pretty sure she's not actually friends with any of the boys' families. She's one of those fans who often meets the boys and get's referred to as a regular by them, and I suppose she has met their families as well, but she's just a fan, she said so on her tumblr. She won't divulge her secrets, but she always seems to know where the boys will be at a specific time. She seems to know a lot about the boys, so that would explain why she knew about the DJ story being leaked.
- Not necessarily - people keep saying they definitely dated but all we know is that during X Factor that year they hung out quite a bit and Nick was a bit obsessed. I think he did his usual of getting bored fairly quickly, because since then it doesn't look like they're close at all. At the most I'd say they fucked around casually.
Unsurprising that he wouldn't know which one despite living together; Harry would have been only 16, Louis the oldest at 18, the rest in between. I doubt they would have been out by that point, at least not to strangers.
I don't think he'd have a clue about Nick and Harry's relationship.
Re the Caroline pics - they might have been about to split, but it's still publicity and something for people to read. If anything, it sounds more like they were prepared to run a "story" to it's conclusion.
- Harry is particulary close with Zayn? How do you know this? I never saw them hanging together in their spare time. I'd say Zayn is particulary close with Louis from what they say in interviews (spending time at each other houses, having lunch together - they were spotted in some pub 2 weeks ago - and recently staying overnight -Louis himself said this). Harry is "particulary close" with Grimmy (and Grimmy's friends), not so much with the other boys, from what I observed.
- People on tumblr have gone back on Nick's tweets to way back in 2010 when Harry was on x factor, not sure how, probably used tweettunnel or something to do it. But it is very interesting to see that Nick was (you could say) obsessed with him. One made me laugh: "id my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night. @Harry_Styles"
He sure likes them young!
- Links, agree totally with the oddness around the timing of DJ story release. There is still something about it that makes me think it was real though.
And yes, I agree his sexuality (what ever it is) may be different to what is was a year ago given he is so young (a friend of mine didn't conclude she was gay until her mid 20's)
But, given the stories about the DJ and the fans, it seems unlikey to me he would have been considered 100% gay back last July when the Flack stuff started up?
If they did originate as PR, I reckon it was more about publicity do the show and 1D.
- What i find interesting,like Links said,is that Nick obviously gets obsessed with people easily but he also gets bored too(i think he admitted that himself on the radio or an interview i can't remember exactly).Yet he keeps Harry around and we all know that he was obsessed with him during the xfactor,always tweeting about him and one direction,and here we are two years later and Nick doesn't seem bored of him.
- R460, yes, that is the person. And you're right, she doesn't appear to know the families of the boys but she certainly knows stuff!
- It must be a nice feeling knowing that MANY people want the person you are with or always hanging around with atleast... Harry probably keeps him on his toes.
- R463, Nick's long standing (not to mention obvious) attraction to H is one of the things that makes me believe he and H could be involved.
I just can't get my head around a straight teenage boy spending ALOT of his spare time (if not all) with a gay guy seemingly besotted with him without there being some reciprocal feelings.
As with everything, it's possible, but unlikey IMO.
- Harry is particularly close with grimmy and also Zayn. Zayn is close to Louis too, yeah. He's very close to all of them except Liam not as much. Harry isn't always papped. Either he's expected somewhere or they set it up. So yes, he hangs out with people other than grimmy. He hangs out with Niall a bit, too.
- R463 Are you sure that's real? I followed Nick that year and was watching his tweets (at the time I was interested in Nicolo and obviously Nick was interacting with him) and I don't remember that? His tweets about Harry seemed to be mostly joking and there weren't THAT many of them. Same as most adults reactions I think; adorable but young.
L Girl - the fact that her husband got involved, the backlash and her being fired are definitely indicators that it was true. They could have come up with something far less controversial; but then again, it's died down for the most part and has only contributed to Harry's image.
Which now, as we know, is a lonely boy looking for true romance. Whatever happened to Cara moving in? Natalie Imbruglia being charmed? He's a fickle boy.
R462 I think they're all close. Louis and Zayn get on particularly well; as do Liam and Niall I think. Harry I think is close to Niall these days, but has his friends outside the band. As, interestingly, does Niall; they're just not as famous and papped. However, they are in media and celeb circles. I don't think for a second he's as homely as people suspect; he's just got a good balance going and he's not got in with as high profile a group as Harry.
- Agreed. I can't believe for a second Grimmy quoted Romeo and Juliet to a ostensibly straight 16 year old boy!
- Sorry, as people have said, Nick DID tweet about Harry/1D a lot; but I don't think he was that serious until a bit later. Either way, as pointed out, he's clearly besotted and has yet to ditch Harry like he has others.
R467 Could be. I also think Harry's not too needy; he's just happy to be wanted around and only ever wants people to like him. Not in a manipulative way, but in a genuine one. And I buy Nick's explanation that they're very similar in humour. Unexpected, maybe, but they obviously click as personalities.
L Girl - I agree with this. It's not unheard of or impossible, but it's unusual.
Has Nick ever explicitly stated attraction to Harry? (I'm assuming this would be going back to before their friendship.)
- Sorry if it ruins your idea of Harry being superior and above it all which makes you socially acceptable despite your interest in him, but he enjoys being in a band and loves his bandmates like brothers, just like he says. They all have friends outside the band who they don't get to see much when they're on tour. Zayn spends nearly as much time with his best friend as Harry does with grimmy despite having a serious girlfriend.
- Strange, I never noticed Harry and Zayn going somewhere together in their free time, but "they are such good friends". Belive me, if they were spending time together the paps will be all over them, seeing that Harry is followed nonstop by these. So from what I saw Harry and Zayn are friends just as Louis and Harry (play-ups for camera).
- Pretty sure that the Romeo and Juliet quote was by Fifi Brown, a friend of Nick and Pixie Geldof.
- Zayn doesn't go out with anyone and rarely gets papped. Harry does get papped with Niall sometimes because Niall goes out. They do all go to each others' houses. I'm not sure why we're arguing this; does it bother you that he might be close to Zayn?
- Has anyone on here ever seen anything to imply that H split up with Flack way before it was reported?
I saw nothing in the press, on twitter or the usual gossip sites to support this yet it has been suggested on here, several times, that that the relationship ended a good month before it was announced (despite press coverage to the contrary)
I just wonder where this view comes from?!
Links, i saw a tweet that he responded to in which his colleague was photographed being kissed by Harry. His response suggested he was very jealous. I'm sure I've heard him chatting to others who have said he fancied H and he agreed?
It could have all been in jest I suppose?
- Links: https://twitter.com/grimmers/status/28586395790 this tweet does make me laugh.
- No one's arguing that they're not close or "like brothers", or that Zayn doesn't hang out with his best mate from home; we know these things. However, I'd also put money on none of them fucking each other. Also, their names aren't Nick Grimshaw, which is in the title of this thread with Harry specifically.
I don't really understand where you've got the idea that we think Harry hates being in One Direction and doesn't enjoy spending time with his bandmates? We don't see them together much, no, but they work together constantly and are going to be on tour together for a huge stretch of time; I'd say it's wise they don't overdo it with each other in their spare time before that.
Doesn't mean they're not close.
- R478, what does the tweet say (link won't work)
- Some people here have a stupid, romanticized notion of what he's like and seem to think he's holding himself back and only Nick (of all people) is good enough for him. Then that pushes the agenda.
- It's the old Tweet to Matt Edmonson about the kissing photo, L Girl:
"You're totally being kissed by Harry Styles #jealous #hateyou #hatemyself" [paraphrased, because copying and pasting by Blackberry is a nightmare]
Always thought this was a bit of a joke? To be honest, I can't really see Nick seriously fancying Harry back then. Cute as a button, yes, but not exactly hot. Although I suppose even back then there was something about his personality that drew you in (hated myself a bit too, come to think of it). Wonder what it is about him.
- Links, I agree there is something about him.
I don't fancy him but I am intrigued by him.
No idea why!
- Seems I answered your earlier question by mistake, L Girl! To answer your other one; personally never seen anything about them breaking up before hand (H&C).
Nick's very good at coming across as serious for a long running joke; I think he was fascinated (for want of a better word) by Harry, became friends with him and then realised he seriously liked him (in whatever capacity).
R481 Then you're misreading the agenda. I don't think he's holding himself back for Nick (?) - I think they're very good friends and Harry likes spending time with him and his friends by extension. I also think Harry likes spending time with his bandmates. In fact your statement that he doesn't get on with Liam so well is odd, since Liam has been at his new house recently. So don't think that's the angle I'm pushing.
However, this is a thread discussing Nick and Harry's relationship; so there will naturally be more focus on that.
- Someone recentley mentioned an earlier post in this thread " people had seen them kissing in clubs and that people were surprised that no pictures had leaked yet" I'm sure it was me and I definitely read it. I'm not a crazy1D fan and it wasn't on tumbler or anywhere like that. I was just looking to see what I could discover online about these two.
- Nick saw something that he wanted and got it. He seems to have always had a little crush on Harry and now they're a "thing"; see dreams do come true. Harry is wanted by lots of peoole male and female. So it seems to me, nick is happy to have him right now.
As far as the closeness of the boys, I've always felt that Harry was the odd one out. They are all close, but Harry's other interests are more interesting than hanging with the boys on their time off. Harry is still very young, so while I don't think he's straight, I wouldn't be suprised of he gets into a serious relationship with a female. I genuinely think Harry just likes who he likes. He doesn't look the type to label himself at all.
- R486, I'm assuming you're just speculating like the rest of us on here?
- I was talking about Zayn being not as close to Liam although they are still close. Just not as close as the others. But now I'm not talking about Harry. Just letting you know. Liam just broke up with his gf so he's getting extra love, also from Harry.
- You're projecting, especially because of how obviously close to Louis he was for so long. Maybe you think because Harry's posh that he's more interesting, I'm not sure. You don't really know his interests or those of the rest of the band, just grimmy's interests that rub off on Harry. He needs a hero and someone to make him feel like he's cool.
- Harry's posh?!
- Just seen an update of the UK singles chart and 1D are now at number 7. So not doing as well as some expected.
- They have a new Pepsi commercial out today with Drew Brees which probably means they'll play the super bowl. They're also not a singles band, they sell albums. WMYB was more of a fluke. So they'll be fine. I don't think they expected that much from this song; more to fill in the gap of time since the last single and get people excited.
- I'm laughing at all the projections onto Harry. Out of the lot of them, Harry seems more rooted into himself than the rest. He's the youngest but he is definitely more mature. But he is still young. I don't think Harry has been in love like he thinks he has.
I don't think Harry is straight. I don't think he and nicks relationship, whatever it is, is weird. I don't think he's as close to the boys as some people want to let on. I've read things where it makes Harry out to be some weak poor soul who needs guidance. I just can't see him that way. Like another poster said, of Harry wanted to be with a girl, he would be. It's clear though that he chooses to be with nick.
And it's also clear he likes to be the enigmatic one. As mysterious as people try to make zayn seem, I think Harry is truly the mysterious one. I'm sure there is so much more to him than meets the eye. This is why he's the most interesting one, he gives you a lot then takes it all back. I would like a night out on the town with him, he seems like a fun time; that's for sure.
Where can I meet him? xx
- Louis is from one of the most posh areas off Doncaster. No nothing about the others home's
- As long as tour dates are selling out, they'll be fine. And wow isn't the superbowl quite a big deal? Being from the UK I wouldn't really know, but from what i've heard it is?
I wonder how H/N will cope when 1D's tour starts up, looks like a pretty hardcore run of dates. Relationship or not, they've appeared to have become pretty reliant on each other.
- Yeah 493, you're obviously not projecting at all.
- The band all say Harry is the posh one because he's from Cheshire, which is seen as a fairly wealthy county; however, from the looks of his house, he's hardly rolling in it. They have a bungalow, I guess, but it doesn't necessarily make him posh. It's just the image they liked to put out there in the beginning, and he's well-spoken.
Didn't know Louis was from the posh part of Doncaster! The accepted view is that he's had it tough and his mum has had to work a lot to keep them going; he's fuelled this, I think, by constantly saying it's great that he can now help her out.
The other three I have no idea. I think they like to add to Zayn's mysterious air with his Bradford background; but not all of Bradford's rough. Liam's from Wolverhamptom and Niall from Mullingar; don't know much about either area.
I've been thinking exactly the same, R495! Both are busy people though, Nick has other friends and Harry will be with the band.
Do you really think they'll play the Superbowl? I'm assuming that's a huge deal?
- wow big post day! Lots of interesting theories going on! I don't have much to add really, just that when people go in about Nick's tweets from when 1D were on X Factor you have to remember the context, loads of people were talking about 1D and Harry in particular, there were loads of articles in Heat mag etc along the lines of 'If they weren't so young we totally would' so I don't think him saying he was jealous of someone getting a kiss from Harry was an unusual thing, loads of people were talking about them, its only interesting because H and N are friends now.
- With you 493 --- Harry is by far the most mature of the boys despite being the youngest. And also the one who comes across as the most himself even at 18. I thought his choice of music on the radio was very telling, it was very very different to anything the other boys played, much more quirky, indie esk, to me reveals a little bit more of what he's about and why he's grown close to Nick and his friends. I think he probably knows who he is in terms of his sexuality, and is fairly comfortable with it. I personally think he is gay but I wouldn't be shocked to hear him come out as Bi either. (On a side note, I also thought the radio show was quite telling in that Nick has no idea who was who on 1D singles and had no idea of the names or even much recognised an album tracked Harry played of 1D. This to me showed that not only is his 1D obsession a bit of a joke but also that his 1D obsession mostly covers up his need/want/like to talk about Harry.)
People talk about Harry not caring about gender when it comes to relationships but my thing is he doesn't give a crap about age. He's proven this over and over again with his friendships! I'd say the majority of Harry's closest friends are older than him by a little bit at least (Ed Sheeran, Nick, Lou Teesdale, hell he was the only member of 1D at her child's 1st bday party, oh and the person he stayed with out in LA after the VMA's, he was like 35!), although I'm sure he hangs out with people his own age too, but generally it seems a bit that way.
- L Girl if the pap pics with Caroline's sister had been run as a story on their own I would have been inclined go believe they were genuine. But they weren't. They were accompanied by the usual quotes from "sources" telling how close Harry was to Caroline's family and that their relationship is getting serious. There was an obvious PR agenda behind those pics.
Maybe Harry and/or Caroline decided enough was enough and halted the "relationship" a few days later and pulled the rug out from under their PR's feet....
- R500, good point.
- Check out the latest responses fo the tweet from @rickyticky (the tweet where he says N is sleeping with both H and the guy's friend)
I don't know whether to believe it but I did see a very similar tweet a month ago which i initiallly ignored as the tweeter said it was about H & Aiden?
- I wouldn't be surprised if there was an injunction. However, I'm starting to think that Harry really might come out soon. I know most people here seem to agree that they wouldn't risk it with the new album coming out soon, but maybe after that? They have until late February before Harry goes on tour. Harry and Nick's relationship has been publicised since August in a way that it definitely wasn't before.
L Girl, you heard Nick's joke about Harry secretly dating a woman and management working on a way to break it to the public. Do you think he might have been talking about him and Harry? To me it seems like they are setting things up to seem like Harry and Nick are the best of friends, and they are now allowing people to speculate on the matter? I know the Daily Mail changed their initial account about Harry and Nick's close friendship, but I don't think it changes the fact that Harry and Nick are now allowed to be seen together, at least as friends. Maybe they are trying to ease people into the idea that Harry and Nick are going out. The slow build-up would be, on the one hand, to protect Nick, because I think people's reaction to the age gap would be less intense if they show them to be really close friends first? On the other hand, the build-up would allow people to speculate, and if Harry does come out, this would give a lot of people the satisfaction that they already called it beforehand?
The increasing media attention has made me suspicious, but by itself it doesn't really have to mean anything. However, the Dianna Ross coming out joke definitely does, at least to me? It's not the kind of joke you would make if there wasn't some truth to it? Also, blind items are often not to be trusted, but the recent one about a very popular boyband member being outed soon is very interesting. And then there is the tweet from the girl who claimed that the Harry/Nick relationship would be "leaked v soon". All these things don't have to mean anything on themselves, but if you add all them up, it think it's definitely a possibility?
- L Girl I looked on Twitter can't find responses
- I suspect a super injunction may have been placed by management and not by Nick or Harry themselves. It probably also gags Nick and Harry from saying anything and that's why they choose their words so carefully. Also if those tweets are real it sounds as if they have an open relationship which would explain a lot of things....
- Anyone seen the backstage awards video with the 1D questions where fanfic and N and H are mentioned. Seems a bit odd for the interviewer to mention it to me.
- These are the responses:
@RickyTicky they have one of those super injunction things that's why the papers always write about their close friendship
@captainlola Haha, is that true? Have you heard this rumour as well?
@RickyTicky haha apparently so.. My friend works in media at bbc and itv.. Apparently common knowledge but not to be spoken of!
- J, some girl responded to the tweet saying that N&G have a super injunction which is why the press can only ever refer to then as 'close friends'
I saw a similar tweet a month ago where a guy said they had a super injunction but he thought it was for H & Aiden Grimshaw.
One think that made me question the girls tweet was that she said her friend worked in media for both the BBC & ITV? Surely you can't work for both?!
That said, I've always been surprised by the nature of the reporting on N&G, especially the omission of the 'I'm in love with Harry' element of the Call and delete prank in all the press coverage?
But, if there was an injunction, why do that sort of thing in the first place?
R503, I have thought along the lines you are, for all the reasons you state but wouldn't that mean the super injunction story is rubbish?
I'm confused by it all tbh and a bit suspicious of all these tweets claiming reliable sources?
- R505, I agree about the open relationship. What things were you referring to that it explains...
- A super injunction sounds very extreme ... Is there a criteria for getting one or is it just if you can afford it? I'm not up on my law.
L Girl - They might have thought it was about Aiden because of the name Grimshaw, if first name's weren't mentioned, and assumed depending on how well documented it was at the time that H and N were friends?
I watched that interview J - also thought it was a bit odd, but Matt Edmonson would probably be aware of internet rumours (maybe knows if they are involved) and it was quite a funny joke. Harry's reaction didn't give much away, I don't think, except that he looked a bit shy. All the other boys were laughing though?
If a super injunction has been placed, I think it would definitely have been by their management. However, there have been a couple of sly digs wondering about what's going on? That Evening Standard article, for example - although it denied it straight away. Also that the Daily Mail had to edit an article because of what they were implying? It IS odd that no media outlet has really even made a joke. I wouldn't count Matt Edmonson's, because he sets the whole thing up as talking about fiction.
- Thanks for the tweets.
- L Girl - I would say from mid-September onwards tweets like this should be taken with a pinch of salt. I don't know who this girl is - and I'm not sure how you could work for BBC & ITV except perhaps as a freelancer? - so I'm not sure how reliable she is. But a lot of people will, I think, start having "reliable sources". The bigger the rumour gets the more people start wanting to be heard and citing a reliable source is a good way.
- If there is an injunction, I don't think it's impossible that they're slowly getting rid of it? I'm guessing the injunction would be placed by One Direction's management, so if Harry was coming out, it would make sense that Modest would have a hand in the articles that are being published about Harry and Nick.
Also, this is unrelated but with the talk of an open relationship I thought I'd mention this, but the tweets from a good month ago about Harry's alleged threesome are actually about Nick. I did some digging and found a RT of the original tweet that was deleted. If I remember correctly it said something like "Heard a rumour that grimmy is shagging one of one direction. Crikey." Harry was never mentioned in the original tweet. The guys who were tweeting about this didn't seem to particularly like Nick, which is why one of the replies to the tweet about the threesome was "oh? how awful". They seemed to think Harry is quite attractive, so I doubt they would say having a threesome with him would be awful.
- So is the general consensus that the Injunction tweets are rubbish?
- To be honest I'm not really sure. Because it does make some sense; if you think about the fact that the commenters on the DM's website have picked up on it, then it's ridiculous to suggest the writers haven't (and we know they have anyway, or some at least). So why are insinuations not being made? I'm not suggesting they'd out them - that wouldn't be a good move even if they did sell papers, I don't think, although I wouldn't put it past some of them - but barely anything's been said about it. Just the constant parroting of what good mates they are, which would be fine, but we know they spend more time together than is publicised and the journalists must do to.
So with that in mind, she could well be right. It's just how reliable she is that makes me hesitate. What did you think??
- Super injunction sounds very extreme to hide a relationship? I believe there could just be a deal in a place but an injunction surely would take a lot of time and effort to set up? I don't know, it sounds weird.
And I watched that interview in the toilet, found it quite amusing. I guess it okay for Matt to mention Nick as they are very close friends? He not just some random interviewer. I did replay the bit a lot when he mentions Nick to watch the boys reaction to it... Niall sort of looks up as if to say "is he.. did he really just mention Nick is sexual terms?" The rest of them just found it hilarious. Maybe i'm just trying to read into it a bit, it was funny nonetheless!
- I feel utterly embarrassed for everyone in this thread. Just look at your lives and how long you're spending analysing all this every single day. Jesus.
Nick's 'long standing obsession' with Harry around X Factor was clearly, obviously rooted in fangirlish irony, just like all his celeb mates like Henry Holland/Peaches Geldof who have incredibly camp senses of humour. (Henry Holland's obsessed with Hillary DeVey from Dragon's Den, FFS). But it turns out Nick and Harry actually got on in real life. Which is cool for them.
Harry ain't gay. It's obvious. And he's certainly not going out with Nick. If there was some crazy injunction (which there isn't, because if there was it would be ALL OVER THE INTERNET as they're completely pointless) then his management would certainly not be alright with Harry hanging out with Nick and getting papped together. There's no conspiracy.
Also, despite his sense of humour Grimshaw is seriously fucking ambitious: and he would never jeopardise his cushy R1 breakfast job by fucking a heart-throb teenager. He's not dumb.
- Also Anne Cox just tweeted Nick, but nothing interesting.
- Links, The fact that this is the second tweet about a super injunction gives it some credence and a quick look at the girls followers suggests she is part of the music / media scene.
The part where her friend works for both the BBC & ITV is odd though.
On the other hand, both you and I have been mentioning for a while that the tone of reporting was odd.
For example, Heat keeps running stories; the Flack tweet, the bromantic weekend, the jacket etc.. yet each time, stress they're just friends? It's as though they want to put the info out there but then cover themselves by concluding it's all innocent?!
I have however, seen an artical by unreality tv where they covered the story which ended with something like "maybe they're in a relationship or maybe just good friends"
Would this be allowed under a super injunction? Are there rules as to how and what you can refer to or is it the case that it's a blanket ban on the mention on anything suggestive? I really don't know enough about these injunctions?
Then there is the recent openness from Nick. Does this not go against the point of a super injunction or do they act like they do because they know that they can, without the press making anything of it? (assuming an injunction is in place)
One thing I can't get my head around is why seemingly respectable people would tweet things that are totally untrue? Twitter is pretty public. Wouldn't they worry about repercussions?!
Sorry, that was a very drawn out way of saying I'm not really sure?
- R517, If you're right, there are ALOT of seemingly normal professionals and journalists making up and tweeting the same lies?
- Interesting tweet from @mrmediauk..
(may of may not be related)
- I really do applaud you on your tweet finding skills L Girl haha!
- Ha, I'm just a wannabe investigative reporter! (& I'd be good I think..)
- This is only a first impression - and I haven't looked on his website - but he doesn't seem like someone who'd be privy to any information? His begging for follows is fairly tasteless. Was the superinjunction comment linked to Chris Brown? Either way, don't think it's relevant, myself. If he had earlier tweets relating to the two of them I'd consider it? But he could be talking about anything or nothing.
Obviously the guy he was tweeting works at ITV, so he must have some sort of connection, but to be honest I think it was just fairly bad banter and a reference to something else.
Very good tweet finding skills indeed!
Agree with your post at R520, L Girl.
- Links, just looked at his tweets and they do look rather desperate!
However, he does have 40k plus followers and is presumably connected with the media industry in some way?
Also, whether he knows something or is just joking, I think that there is a decent chance he was referring to N&G given the conversation it followed? (Also, of R517, is correct, it's not hard to find out about injunctions?)
But you might be right. It probably means nothing (just thought I'd put it out there)
And to anyone else who wants to come on here and mock/berate us; don't bother.
We know we are sad, we don't care, we are just interested in this story for whatever reason!
I expect that 1D'a mgmt would be more upset if people weren't gossiping about them.
We just speculate between ourselves and don't spread our views further.
The people tweeting to the world that Harry and Nick are dating and they have found this out from Nick's colleagues? These are the people you should be worrying about! (not us)
- Your earlier question about Entertainment Weekly - is this a non-UK site? In which case they don't have to enforce the superinjunction. UK outlets only have to eliminate what is injuncted, not the whole story. If there IS an injunction (I assume it's been taken out since April last year? Although this has triggered a memory of an injunction related to 1D generally now, which I can't place) then it is most likely focused on Harry and the nature of his interactions with Nick and carefully ommitting any implication that something's going on there.
If anyone knows anymore about an injunction I'd be interested to know!
The tweets from that guy - you're right, he is in media, but I don't really see how the two guys mock-sexual tweets relates to N&H??
- Links, I connected the tweet to N&G because they kept on mentioning their 'bromance' which is obviously how N&G have been sold by the press?
A tenuous connection, I admit!
The piece was in Unreality TV which I think is British? It's still online if you want to check it out?
Speaking of US outlets, a couple, particularly The examiner have written a few articles about H being gay/bi or with N?
- Sadly I think R517 has it right. (Could do without the insults though!)
Btw all this talk of tweets reminds me of one I saw the other day from a guy saying Nick was dating a male friend-of-a-friend of his (it was in reply to someone asking if Nick was gay, if I remember rightly).
Also I remember listening to Nick's evening show a few months back and he alluded to having gone on a date with someone recently (which ended a bit disastrously), so I'm inclined to think he probably is seeing someone at the moment (who isn't Harry).
Despite the above I still find speculating on N&H strangely addictive. I suppose I just like their friendship really. I would take R517 's advice and take a look at my life choices but I think that's a can of worms best left unopened.
- just seen a couple of pics N has tweeted. love related.
Love looks not with the eyes and what looks like tattoos, possibly just writing on fingers which appears to say Love forever + ever. Can't read the last word.
- I don't think Nick is seeing someone at the moment,if he did he wouldn't spend so much time with Harry,would he?
- For someone who 'has never been in love' or not interested in relationships he sure has become soppy!
- R528, was that the ricky tweet about how N was gay and sleeping with one of his friends? (as well as H)
I'm not sure there is something going on but neither am i sure there isn't tbh?
There are so many tweets over such a long time from people that would probably know stuff.
Unless your tweet is more valid than those?
If N is dating someone else, they seem to be playing a very clever and involved game with H IMO!
Not too bothered what people think about how invested we are in this subject. If it weren't for gossip. Celeb stuff fuels my industry. If it weren't for gossip, I'd have no job!!
- I wouldn't read too much into those pics he tweeted,the love does not look one is a book dedicated to Alexander Mcqueen anyway.If Nick is seeing someone else why would he play it up with Harry? And spend all this time with him? He could spend it with his lover instead of having people speculating about him being in a relationship with a teen heart-breaker.
I'm not sure what the nature if their relationship is but all these articles and tweets can't be all wrong right?
- Data Lounge kindly lost my last post, I hate retyping!
So the tattoos/writing seem to say "love from + [something something]". Could be "ever" but it's on his knuckle and the last word I have no idea.
The Alexander McQueen book, I would ignore were it not for the context of the previous tweet?
Either way, he must know he's courting the interest in himself and Harry? One comment on the tattoo/writing photo:
"That looks like H's hand ..."
It doesn't as far as I can tell and we don't know what Nick's handwriting looks like.
It's horribly cringey what some of these girls will so blatantly say TO him.
Two alternatives: these came after a tweet about Annie's album; and it's Lou Teasdale's birthday. Bit romantic for either of those though.
If he's dating someone else he's not spending a great deal of time with them and they must be pretty casual for him to able to stay over Harry's house?
- Looking again, the last word written on the fingers could be meh. Which is what N has as his Twitter profile,but that's a guess
- Seems like they went furniture shopping sometime in the summer althought i don't trust tumblr posts much (link on the bottom).
One Direction are in Paris for promotion since today,once again Harry spent quite a lot of time with Nick before a trip...
- Judging by his recent sappy tweets N could very possibly be seeing someone & good luck to him. No I don't think it's H.
H seems like a lovely guy, very accepting and comfortable in his own skin at such a young age but straight, people aren't used to seeing that I guess (Life isn't a fanfic guys)
- Someone posted that possibility on Tumblr, R537 - but the last letter isn't an H.
- Don't think it is, R537? But nor is everything as straight forward as Harry is straight as the day is long. If there were no rumours I'd stop questioning it.
Do agree that if these tweets ARE for Harry it's far too obvious. He knows what people are thinking and in real life people don't drop clues like that.
Still don't think he's seeing someone else though? Especially not someone from two months ago! He said the date went disastrously after all.
- R532 No it was from someone else. I was inclined to believe it just because it seemed like a casual discussion between friends rather than anything gossipy. God knows though.
When I said I thought he was seeing someone I meant fairly casually, rather than some sort of serious relationship. I suppose that doesn't rule out him seeing Harry as well, but I'm not convinced.
- R537, All very reasonable but I personally can't ignore all the tweets and bits of gossip over the last year.
Just seems too implausible that so many professional people would go on line and tweet stuff that they either know to be untrue or had doubts over.
And that's without factoring the way both parties have been behaving during that time?
Perhaps it is all a hoax or one big misunderstanding but it seems unlikely to me.
Links, If ever you get the chance, see what your friends friend on PR really knows!
(H went shopping with his stylist on that occasion, not N)
- R339, well according to that Ricky guy he is also seeing his frsomehow knows?!
- * friend
- I'm not sure if she's still working with the people, I think it might have been a one off favour for the fests, but I'll see if I can glean anything more.
They all go antiques shopping all the time, you can't even tell if those are the same ones. This tends to be the problem with Tumblr though; speculation suddenly becomes fact. Like many of the Larry theories; like the Daaz ice cream and now these tattoos/writing, which no doubt to some will be incontrovertible facts about Nick's heartbreak over Harry.
Not like he's a grown man with a life or anything.
Then again, maybe they just are that obvious!
All that gets me today is that Nick definitely knows. He knows about his little "fandom" of 1D girls. He sees them blogging about his show and mentions of Harry, attributing every "friend" reference to him and their relationship. So unless this isn't as secret as we all think, he's playing a bit of a game. Yet, he doesn't seem the type to want to bother with mind fucking teenage girls and young women. And those tweets don't look all that jokey, they come across as serious.
Much like the Drake lyrics last night.
- L Girl why so quick to dismiss the tweet about Harry and Aiden? surely there is far more evidence that there is a super injunction out between them than there is between H&N?
With whom Harry is photographed with all over the shop and is forever working with?
If there was any kind of super injunction between H&N then I doubt the papers would be allowed to print pics of them together. I also doubt that H management would go to all that trouble and then allow H to associate with N so frequently even going on his show so frequently.
Lets not forget it is A initials Harry has tattooed on his arm not N's ;)
- R539 I didn't mean the story of the date that went badly was necessarily the same person, just that it showed he is at least dating, which he presumably wouldn't be if in a relationship with Harry.
The way Nick used imply his love life was a bit of a shambles on his evening show always seemed so sincere. I miss the evening show in a way, he seems so much more guarded on breakfast because he's aware so many people are listening.
Oh and I think Nick has been aware of the rumours about him and H for a while. He reads popbitch and they mentioned it way back (in a way that suggested they didn't believe it).
- That A tattoo is meant to stand for 'Anne' his mum... the Aiden conspiracy just seems to far fetched for me to even consider, but who knows?
Now that Nick and Harry are incredibly aware of the following they have attracted they can manipulate the situation as much as they want. It's even harder to determine what is real and what is set up. Things are becoming too obvious for me to believe.
- I guess I would dismiss it because H is continually seen with N (evidence by the general publics tweets more than the press)
Admittedly, most people wouldn't recognise Aiden so if they did see them together they probably wouldn't mention it.
Also, I know nothing about super injunctions but from what Links said, they could relate to a particular story around two people not ALL association / pics between them?
It's not out of the question I suppose, but all things considered, it seems less likely to me.
And a massive coincident that two people have heard there is an injunction involving H and a different Grimshaws?
(I would trust the girl's tweet over the other one partly due to the detail she added?)
- Am really not sure if there is an injunction in place or not, or whether it is more in the interests of the press not to out them. It does seem odd however if either of them are dating anyone else though; they have been inseparable since Harry returned from the US; if they were in an open relationship before it seems a little less so now.
There was also a rather odd comment from Nick on the Saturday morning broadcast (I think it's just after 30 minutes on the condensed version) when Harry is talking about meeting Ronnie Wood - whom he meet with Nick rather than with his bandmates. Nick very clearly says "it's good when you can make Mum and Dad like me" and Harry responds "yeah" which just seems like a strange conversation between friends.
Heavens knows what Nick is up to with his tweets though; although I do like the humour of Harry's "all alone in Paris" latest.
- See to me, I don't think in the media Harry and Nick are being that obvious ... I've googled them several times and the stuff printed on them is extremely limited! There are repeated articles about them hanging out a bit and articles about Harry which mention Nick as his BFF but thats about it. Yet we know they do a LOT more. But you have to hunt for it on sites like this or use tumblr. I think if you use tumblr a lot, then yeh, you would think they were being obvious cos as soon as a minute thing happens its re-posted a billion times but if you don't, I think there is a surprising lack of media coverage on them. I did a little experiment at work today with some colleagues and out of 20 people, only 2 knew even knew Harry and Nick were friends, and one of those was only cos they caught some of their radio show on Saturday and realised they must be. The rest, who all admitted to reading newspapers, online celeb stuff and celeb magazines, had no idea. And this a cross section of like 20 - 48 year olds. So I don't think they are actually being that obvious outside of the people who like one direction or grimshaw.
In other Nick and Harry news, Nick's tweets are a little odd today - whats with the hand with writing on it with no explanation?! Usually his tweets are very self explanatory and pictures have hash tagged comments. Bit odd I think.
- If there is a super injunction, it would be for outing them, not pictures. Fun thing is, I see Harry as the slight rebel of One Direction, he's a bit different, likes different music, hangs out with older, alternative people (like nick but also Ed Sheeran etc) and has the worlds oddest collection of tattoo's known to man. IF Harry is gay or bisexual or somewhere inbetween all that, I think he probably really doesn't wana hide it but has no choice. Out of everything that could be and would very much be controlled by 1D management is the boys sexualities, they cannot afford for them to not like girls at the moment.
I see Harry and Nick's being together (however that may be) as a slight finger up at the control over Harry. If they are simply friends, Harry being such close friends with a quirky, gay, 28 year old is still not that great for the bands image. People, like on here, question it and therefore Harry's sexuality. Larry shippers are running scared. Its not great. I think Harry and Nick genuinely are the best of friends, but there flaunting of it is done with a bit of glee and humour on both parts. But then again, yeh sure Nick rabbits on about Harry a bit but them being together at weekends etc is actually in theory kept quiet ... its only cos the paps have found them, people have tweeted they've seen them, and an unassuming Emma Watson and Yahoo online outed them as being a film showing together. Its not like Nick talked about Harry going, in fact he said he was going with his producer. And had that one person not seen Nick in Waitrose with Harry the other weekend, we would have only ever been speculating that his friend he cooked for was Harry!
- Interesting, Hollz! Good experiment! I definitely think you're right in that if you're not looking for the information or the stories, you wouldn't really know.
This post on Tumblr (I'm going to link to them, I hope they don't mind ...) is saying it's Harry's writing (see comparison).
I'm skeptical. I think the "f"s are the same; the "ever" has similarities to the "Everything"; and there's a slight similarity in the "Love". In which case; when did 1D go to France/could Harry have done it the day before and it's not washed off/tattoos? Otherwise, is it Nick's own writing? Or from someone completely different?
I do think the "f" in "from" is a definite indicator, I'm not going to lie, but it's tenuous and hardly 100%.
His new tweets seem a bit cheerier!
- Hollz, R451, I agree. A lot of the time they spend together isn't apparent or advertised to the masses.
The last Friday night when they dined together for example. I only saw that via a tweet and pic from the girl who met them. It was not on the press, have not seen it on tumblr, it didn't even make it to those update accounts. I'm pretty sure the only people aware are the girl, her friends she tweeted and me (& anyone who has read this!)
Likewise with H staying over after the JZ concert in may (which they def tried to hide)
Or when H dined with his parents.
The odds of me noticing ALL the times they have been together or other people seeing and tweeting about them is v slim.
Meaning, logically, they are together more than we know?!
(writing this mod bottle of wine just in case I'm sounding slightly excitable lol)
- So the suggestion is that the last word is Nick. Now it has been suggested to me, it makes me think it could be. Still think it's forever not from which makes sense.
- Nick's tweets are probably for national coming out day.
He is definitely the type to play with fangirls. It gets him listeners and is fun. It also gets you guys talking and listening. He probably does have a crush on Harry. A ton of people do when they meet him.
Nick is a replacement for Louis for Harry. Not romantically. He is lost without a best friend to play off of or someone to flirt with. Since Louis got serious with his girlfriend and tinhats with lost all concept of boundaries, they've grown apart quite a bit.
I'm not sure why you're all convinced Harry's gay. Maybe this whole thread is some kind of wish fulfillment. Harry just wants the people he thinks are cool to think he's cool. The songs he played on radio 1 were not chosen by him except 2 (passion pit and cage the elephant). The others were chosen by Nick or were in heavy rotation at Radio 1. Most of the members only picked a couple of their songs, so that was all Nick. Don't forget that Harry's 18 years old. He's insecure just like most people that age. Don't let his politeness and charm make you think he's some kind of adult in a child's body.
But if solving this "puzzle" is helping you sleep at night, carry on.
- I don't think the last word is Nick ... I also think they are Nick's hands and its something he or a friend has written. That said, its really a none Nick like tweet, so I do think there is some message to someone on it but it could be about ANYTHING.
I've seen stuff about Nick being sad or heartbroken, really. no. I admit his lyric tweet yesterday was a bit weird, but if you wana take it as it was to Harry, you could take it that he was saying, you could do so much better than me. If you wanted too. My main reason for thinking Nick is ok in terms of Harry is cos Harry's mum tweeted him this morning to say she was listening to the show. If there were any problems, she probably wouldn't have done so.
Still, I remain very curious about Nick's tweets today ... lets see what come next. When is Harry home?
- Aha, L Girl, it's raining outside, it's not like anyone could be out doing things! That's my excuse, anyway.
I missed the tweet about the girl who saw them out for dinner? Could I get a Twitter name? (I would look back in the thread, but it might be too much effort.)
Was the JZ concert the same night they went to Embassy? I remember noticing then that all photos were of Harry, but you could still see Nick in the background (recognisable only because he was wearing some trainers he'd tweeted about yonks back). Since then I think they've had to accept that photos will be printed of them together, or else Harry might not be in the press as much.
The fact that Harry was somehow at Nick's over Christmas is hugely underplayed. And it implies they were already very close even then; why was Harry not at his own family's?! And then the dinners and Nick having tea with Anne Cox ... the fact that she seems to know him so well?
And there's the old picture in Feb of Harry leaving Nick's early morning.
- You all don't seem to know much about either of these people.
And anyway, someone working for Radio 1 wouldn't tease Harry about fan fiction if it were true, and he would know.
- See Anne Cox knows Huw Stephens from radio 1 ... she was at his stag do and he mentioned it on the radio with Niall that he knew her from the 'news' or something ... so something tells me she maybe met Nick that way as well as through Harry but I might be wrong. The christmas thing was baffling ... I got the impression Harry's family had christmas with Nicks, from Harry's 'I hear i am coming to yours for christmas' , implies his mum told him that I think. But Harry and Nick has only know each other for a few months at that point! They've been very close for a while I think, its just been more hidden or less interested in until now!
(ps. Nick is not a bloody replacement for Louis! I hate that argument. Harry is allowed to have more than one close friend. I actually find it interesting that we are now seeing so much more past times Harry actually hung out with Nick, clearly wasn't with Louis even back then was he. While I'm sure him and Louis remain good friends, he has a different friendship with Nick which he clearly enjoys. I too have a couple of best friends who are very different and I enjoy hanging out with each of them for different reasons, pretty common I'm sure!).
- R559 - I completely agree, I despise the argument that Harry has been taken under Nick's wing because he's depressed over Louis/Nick's obsessed with him/he needs a replacement. They're friends because they're friends; they get on and like spending time together, in whatever capacity. People need to stop making this about Louis all the time.
Yeah, Anne was at his "stag do" on the radio (she played innuendo bingo, it's on YouTube somewhere) and she used to do a news feature with Huw every week or something where he'd call and ask "what's up?" I think? I don't think she met Nick through him, though, I think it would have been through Harry.
Nick always says they met at the Teen Choice Awards last year, but I'm sure I read somewhere that he met Harry during X Factor? I could be wrong.
R556 They're definitely Nick's hands. And I agree, the last word isn't Nick, and I'm doubtful that the second word is forever? It would be very distorted. It's possible, it's written on a finger after all. I don't think the last word's "meh" either. How's this: "Arreh?"
Very odd afternoon tweets indeed; I don't think heartbroken or sad, exactly, just a bit soppy and romantic. For whoever.
R558 Sounds more like something Matt Edmonson WOULD do, actually.
- Rock on, r555. This site has a tradition of claiming that many celebs are gay, so this isn't a special case of wish fulfillment...just one of many. That being said, some of us have a decent level of accuracy in being able to identify someone who isn't straight even from afar - it's just a perk of being gay. Since the speculation is contained (and obviously considered dubious by many), there's really no harm.
- Links: They met at a GQ dinner or something, I remember watching a video where he said he met them.
- Something that i always had in mind is what Liam said during his radio takeover,when asked if he knows/sees Grimmy he replied yes because he always comes down to things with Harry.Now judging from the fact that almost all of Nick's friends are around his age,except Harry,i don't see why Nick would join Harry in whatever plans he had with the other boys who he doesn't seem pretty close with anyway.Sounds like one of those cases where you really like someone and you're willing to follow them around even if you don't like the whole plan much.
- I get why people are sceptical about N&H being involved in some way. When I first heard the runours, I thought they must be rubbish.
And, even now, half the time, I'm convinced H is still involved with Caroline.
However, the reason I can't dismiss the possibility of a 'thing' between the H&N is the sheer volume of people (from the Media, Gay scene and the general public) stating that they are?
Admittedly, I've never followed a story like this before so perhaps this is the norm. However, I just can't get my head around so many people (journalmedal, media proffesionals, people from the gay scene, the general public ordinarily uninterested in 1D, people that claim to work with N) all saying the same thing and over a year long period ALL spreading the same falsehoods?!
Surely they would think about the repurcuasions of spreading lies?!
Add to that the fact the pair spend an unsual amount of time together?
You can't be surprised people thinks they're are together in some way?
- How can you be in this thread and not feel absolutely crazy?
He's a replacement for Louis because he fills the same space Louis did. He's not depressed over Louis, but he needs a similar type of friendship. All his friendships are intense but most people don't have the time or the obvious crush on him. If you can't see the similarities in the two friendships you're in deep denial and know nothing about any of these people. Well, probably both.
- [quote]Also, despite his sense of humour Grimshaw is seriously fucking ambitious: and he would never jeopardise his cushy [R1] breakfast job by fucking a heart-throb teenager. He's not dumb.
Why would it jeopardise his job?
- Rosie O'Donnell posts here, r565. Would you call her crazy to her face? The contingent of posters clamoring about over the Harry and Nick hidden relationship are probably a bit off, but they are good fun and mean no harm. I like them, even.
But you have to agree, the friendships between Louis and Harry and Nick and Harry are remarkably similar. With the proviso that Harry likely shagged Louis.
- 567 - she posts in this thread?
- Part of the allure of being anonymous is the propensity for people who wouldn't otherwise post online to let it all hang out and have an interaction that places them on the same level as anyone else. It's a luxury, this arena. So I don't know if Rosie O'Donnell is posting on this very thread.
Now let's talk about Harry Styles.
- To the few people on here criticising us;
All we are doing is discussing the possibility that Harry Styles and Nick Grimshaw are involved in some way.
We are only doing this because numerous people (who are seemingly more in the know than us) are saying on twitter, in forums and even the press (sometimes explicitly) that they are and that they know for 'definate' ?!
For example, the Super Injunction discussion. We didn't event this as a 'theory' on this thread. A woman who's friend works for the BBC tweeted that she 'knew' there was an injunction for Styles and Grimshaw and that their relationship was 'common knowledge' within their work places.
Of course, this may not be true. The same goes for the dozens of other pieces of information similar to this. We are not saying we believe all this, we don't know what to make of it as it does seem far fetched and the opposite to the image for Styles presented to us by the press.
This is why it is interesting topic and this is why we are discussing it.
I've said before, you may think it's bizarre that we having these discussions but perhaps your criticism/insults would be more appropriately aimed at the journalists, professionals etc who are posting and tweeting this information and claiming it as fact. (if you believe the idea of Styles and Grimshaw together is lunacy, then surely the people tweeting that they know it's true are the 'crazy, deluded' ones?)
We are not claiming Styles and Grimshaw are definately together, we are simply discussing those that are claiming that.
- All of this is a fair point but fyi things like blind items and tweets are drummed up from gossip found within fandoms, for the most part. Then the rumors spread from there.
Anyway carry on peacefully, don't mean to kill your buzz.
- This tweet and replies are interesting... i'll be honest it's a bit vague but thought it was interesting. The people tweeting are all involved in the media in some way.
- (and rumours within fandoms come from shipping)
- So was popbitch saying that the N/H rumours were good as confirmed??? It was hard to follow because they were talking in riddles.
- Some rumours are true, some rumours are false at the end of the day only a small number of people know the truth so the best any of us can do is speculate on the facts we do know. It keeps us amused and isn't hurting anyone so whats the problem?
- No it's another rumour. I don't think I dare link to it as it could be anyone and its illegal. Rumour was about radio star and his musician mate.
- What is illegal I'm confused???
- j, the twitter that posted that rumor said it's definitely not n/h.
- What was suggested that the unnamed pair were doing was illegal. I'm glad it's says its not them.
- My interpretation of the converation was they were initially discussing the pop bitch rumour recently posted (about the loo and 6 grams) but then referred to the 'other rumour' presumably about N&H going on to conclude that that rumour was confirmed?
- Just laughing at N talking on the radio about the works night out last night and them all staying over at his and they have borrowed his t-shirts to wear this morning
- But popbitch didn't say it was confirmed, just some guy.
- I think a translation would be:
He though H and N were the two guys in a toilet allegedly doing something illegal.
His friend expects a different kind of rumour - I.e. That they're involved sexually/romantically
He says that's in the bag; she is pleased because she's been telling people (probably one of our reliable sources!).
I'm far more sold on these two, don't know why.
I think we've figured out Nick's hand art anyway:
Love Forever + Ever Amen
Eliminate the love and you've got a song by The Drums. He's not involved with Jonathan is he??
- R581 An orgy perhaps?
R582 Completely, just because he's confirmed doesn't mean it's a cert.
- R582, I know. All I'm saying is that it appeared that the first tweeter tweeted about the drug rumour. The second tweeter said she expected to see a different rumour about N&G (the one we are all talking about presumably) The first tweeter seemed to reply, no not that one, that one is already 'in the bag'
At least that's my interpretation of their conversation?
- Links, it was two different people.
- 583: He's at the very least friends with him so I wouldn't be surprised.
- Sorry R586, two different people for what? You mean his friend and popbitch? I'm not saying popbitch confirmed it!
- Links and I are saying the same thing:
2 media people started a conversation on twitter about the latest pop bitch rumour (drugs in the loo) specualting that it could be about N&H. They then referred to the other rumour about H&N (the one we are discussing) The tweeter who originated the conversation stated he thought that that rumour was pretty much confirmed.
Links, re your questions from last night, I can't remember the name of the girl who bumped into N&G last Friday but she seemed ligit. She posted a pic which was obviously from that night and she mentioned Grimmy more as an aside than anything else (she didn't seem remotely interested in the fact he was there)
Re the JZ gig. Yes, it was the night of the embassy clubbing.
Re Johnny Pierce. I've always assumed something went on with them at some point but only due to pics I saw.
Can anyone with a proper license to this forum possibly start a new thread for us?
- Actually the initial tweet predates this week's Popbitch hence the comment about losing the bet when it turns out to be about drugs (Popbitch comfirms in a separate tweet to him that this one is not about N & H), the rest of the conversation seems to be about the other rumour though.
- I don't know anything about these two guys or whatever their relationship may be (clicked on the thread by accident and thought it was fun) but I work in the industry and just to say, working for both the BBC and ITV is super common. Most people in the TV industry are freelance and move between shows and broadcasters. The superinjunction, from what I know about them, seems unlikely, but the part about someone working for both isn't anything unusual.
- What happened to NW3?
He/she disappeared after I asked how they knew when H&Flack actually 'split'?
I hope he/she comes back.
- R591 Glad you've said fun rather than creepy and insane!
I don't know much about broadcast journalism, but I assume it's the same as freelance journos etc who hop from paper to paper.
I'm very hesitant to say they have a super injunction, that's quite dramatic; more likely agreements in place? At the moment, Harry/1D and their PR give the papers a lot of press, so there's no real reason for them to out them and do more harm to their relationship (between PR and press, I mean) in the long run.
All assuming, as usual, that suspicions are correct.
Re Johnny Pierce, I don't think there's anything going on now?? They spend A LOT of time away from each other and though I'm sure they're very close as friends I can't imagine they're involved now.
R590 - so Popbitch came out an hour after he tweeted his guess? Lucky he guessed it would be about a DJ and musician friend even if not the right ones!
- I think emails like the popbitch ones are probably released over a few hours, I got mine around 5pm which I think is around when he tweeted? wonder what he meant by practically confirmed, like is he basing that on more thatn just the general rumours etc?
- From the same guy who tweeted his speculation about the Popbitch blind item:
- What about this reply
- They are featured today in the miror's Celebrity News with a pic on stage at the awards.
"Get a room, guys! Introducing the best celebrity bromances"
"Check them out and decide for yourself whether they are man-dating... or just man-mating."
- R596 What's potentially interesting about that is both those guys are friends with Joe Lycett, who is of course friends with Grimmy. Just sayin'
- Anyone able to start a new thread?
- Did everyone see that nude pic of Styles that leaked awhile back, He sent it to a fan. I was surprised, and not surprised, just how well-hung he is.