- His performance at the VMA's was the only one I loved
- I really hope his career blows up. We need him to do well.
- r1/r2 agreed with all the above
- Terribly unflattering cover. They could have done better, but I'm not surprised that they didn't.
- His song is #31 on itunes now yes! I think he's attractive-not gorgeous but attractive and has a good enough body.
- I mean he is no me. But he is attractive
- And yes Horrible cover . They Just found any picture and slapped it as the cover
- He's on SNL this weekend.
- can't wait to see him on SNL. I hope they involve him in a skit.
- Dude has sold over 300,000 copies of his debut album now. He is HUGE.
- His album has a fair shot as going platinum.
- r11 300k is not HUGE . its actually a bit of a flop
- R13 in comparison to a lot of the other top selling albums out now, Frank is doing well. Also, he's not done yet. I'm sure his album sales will bump up after his SNL performance. His song "Thinking Bout You" soared up the hot 100 after his MTV Video Awards performance last week. His album is a grower not a shower, much like Adele's album.
- actually, 300k is awesome for a new solo act.
- He's sold a shitload more than I have!
- Is he the first black person to cover The Advocate?
- I want to like him, but he kind of seems like a douche bag. Am I wrong? He tweets the most pretentious bullshit. It's exhausting.
- Frank is doing very well sales-wise is this downloadable era. He's crossed over by coming out. He's also this year's "hipster/Williamsburg/Pitchfork" R&B artist of choice. That carries more weight than you'd think and has benefited other "outre" urban artists like Janelle Monae, The Weeknd and Odd Future/Tyler the Creator.
- He's the Jackie Robertson of rap, very brave guy.
- I hope it doesn't have anything to do with Monae, r19. I love her and I don't want to see her feel forced to talk about her private life, or have mainstream pressure put on her.
She's such an original artist, being sought out by some hipster bullshit site as "The Next Edgy Artist" might fuck her up.
- R18 I agree but I'm not sure if that's an act. He doesn't seem totally comfortable as himself yet so he could be insecure. I'll still take him though. We need a successful black gay male, especially in r&b.
- He is a modern urban artist. He has to exude a certain level of bravado to have mass appeal. As a bisexual male, he has to establish his swagger credentials just the same as heterosexual males.
- Isn't he bisexual? I'd hate to buy his record only to have him settle for a chick.
- Don't think
- r18 his tweets are very interesting I almost never get them but I guess thats the mistry about him
- r24 we will never know who he is dating not that we should care
- R24, yes he is bi and currently dating a woman.
- Because that's what bisexual men do.
- He has a crush on Jake gyllenhaal though
- He's not into white men.
- r31 who told you that.? i have video proof of him gushing over Jake gy
- Who is he? I'd never heard of him until his outing could someone place him in context for me? Thank you.
- r33 did you read the link in the first post?? All you need to know is there
- Thanks, r34. That really helped!
- He got paid 100k to perform at Jerry Seinfeld's wife birthday part or something
he said on twitter "the easiest 100k i have ever made.
- r35 glad it was helpful
- Are you watching SNL right now
- dude is rockin it
- Thats A list right there .To have John mayer Join you onstage playing the Guitar
Yeah that mystery woman that he didn't even take to the VMA's but instead takes his mum, his cousin and male friend who has been everywhere with him since the tour.
Le sigh. Read previous thread he has a boyfriend. Also, don't link to that Alyssa girl who he was dating a while back and who sounds like his stalker now. He even forgot her birthday and tweeted her via twitter. She seemed pretty pissed.
- First of all, did he ever admit he's bi? He's just making money out of gays but then will most likely go back to closet like all these bi guys did.
- [quote]He even forgot her birthday and tweeted her via twitter.
Oh well, typical male!
[quote]First of all, did he ever admit he's bi? He's just making money out of gays but then will most likely go back to closet like all these bi guys did.
I really want to think you were dropped on your head at birth because otherwise, if you are serious, it's just...please. Enough bullshit drama-mongering for one day.
He's a great singer doing well so either enjoy or just turn the page.
- R43 lol
- Not sure which Frank Ocean thread we are using but how great was his recent letter? Can't believe people who claim to be fans have not cottoned on to him dating/being in a relationship with Gilbert...
It's like really guys? I'm glad he confirmed his new love, is 'new', so that squashes all those ridic Alycia rumours that she fans on her tumblr.
The only person hanging out with him literally before and after has been Gilbert, who is in NY with him now! So cute!
- Who is Gilbert? And I'd much rather he ends up with a woman than with a white man.
- Didn't he say he was falling for someone new but then it ended?
- Gilbert is not white, but so what if he were.
- Who is Gilbert?
- I believe it is Gilbert Wallace - frequent companion of Frank.
- Someone asked Gilbert if he is fucking Frank...
- Jay Z is doing a collaboration with Frank Ocean, which is HUGE.
I saw that. Fangurls are so deranged. As if he would tell them the truth? Unforts for her, the question was too vague that a no could still mean yes.
I mean is he fucking him? No, he is making love to him (fyi if it was a straight couple these girls wouldn't even dare say fuck but 'are you going out with rihanna?! cute!' etc etc and the bit afterward also warrants a 'no'.
r47 I lazily read it like that until I saw that several media outlets didn't and as usual I realised I am reading Mr Cryptic and then I read it again and it's obvious they are still together-he is far too positive in the letter and continues to gush about love. Think about it, this is a man who still did not forget his first love after 4 years and dedicated an album to him!! Plus his first letter was just as bad 'we slept together every night'...what kind of sleep?
Frank O is very good at letting you interpret what he is saying, without actually saying it, so you still kind of don't know.
He has already collaborated with Jay Z and Kane, Watch The Throne. He sang the hook to their biggest song and wrote a few songs on the album.
- I agree it's ambiguous, but I don't see why you're so sure they're still together. I didn't think the letter sounded particularly positive either.
It depends on what you are looking at...
I thought the letter was really positive as he was talking about his feelings and seemed excited. I guess I am similar to him as I don't need to put exclamation marks next to everything.
But re being together, if you're a fan of his, you go on twitter and tumblr and instgram. It's pretty obvious he is still in a relationship...especially as he has Gilbert by his side ALL the time. I'm not sure what is confusing??!
If we are to think the relationship stopped before the 'special' tour, I as an intelligent person would wonder why after a break up you would go travelling with a good-looking guy around the world plus still take him to SNL a few months away??
- Yes, I've seen his twitter and tumblr. I can see where the idea he's with Gilbert came from but I don't see how you can be so sure it's true. (And travelling around the world with a good-looking guy when you've just broken up with someone sounds like a great idea to me!)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I think they're not together. I just need more evidence before I'm going to be totally convinced.
- Ok, so I highly doubt that Frank is seeing Gilbert. Possible, but doubtful. I think he's seeing Raymond Buck, the guy on the Thinking About You album cover. There are a few reason's I think this. Raymond traveled with Frank last year on tour and he's one of the few people that Frank has pics of on Instagram that's just the two of them. Raymond also has posted pics of he and Frank on his Insta, one with him shirtless hugging Frank titled Friends til the End, the day after Frank came out. One of his female friends posted a comment on the pic about how the pic and they were really so cute, and Raymond replied Thank you. The pics Frank posts of the two of them are just everyday friends things, the two with the dog, etc., and seem more date-like. Nothing like the pics he posts with Odd Future where they always seem to be doing something razy, but more like just enjoying each other's company. Another comment made on Raymonds other shirtless Frank pic, someone posted a homophic comment about Raymond getting "smashed out" by Frank. Raymond just replied, "Who are you", but never denied it and never deleted the comment.
Also, when Frank cancelled his European tour this summer but continued to travel, he tweeted "you're not here. this is most undesirable". Well Gilbert was with him then. A few days later he posted "mishu" (miss you). Gilbert was still with him. Then, the past two weeks when Frank was recording in New York, well Gilbert was with him. But, Raymond and Royston another friend flew out to see him also. Raymond was supposed to leave on a Thursday but stayed an additional few days til Saturday. After he left is when Frank penned his latest Tumblr post about falling for someone new and not "just leaving" a relationship. Also, Frank again posted "mishu (miss you)" after Raymond and Royston left. Gilbert was still there so he wasn't missing Gilbert. Then, again yesterday Frank posted a pic with he and Raymond. No proof of anything, but it makes more sense than Frank and Gilbert. I don't think Frank was ever seriously seeing that Alycia chick. It could also be Royston since he traveled with Frank as well this summer with Gilbert. He left after Frank pulled out the tour in Norway. Not sure what his job was.
- He isn't even gay. Fuck him and all his attention-whoring.
- Tried to find Raymond Buck's Insta but couldn't find it. You who know so much about Frank Ocean and Raymond Buck - do you have it?
How do you know he visited him in NY?
You don't think Raymond Buck was his first lover? I thought Thinkin bout you is about him.
- He's gay. He says he's "bi" as a cover, much like Elton John did.
- He never said he was bisexual.
- Others did
- he never said he was gay either, he's just another self hating fag
- He's gay. But I think all the intense scrutiny might have been too much too soon for him. He won't give interviews, or even say the word gay yet. He pulled out of part of his tour and basically ran away to travel at the height of his popularity. To come out is one thing. To come out in public is another thing. To suddenly have the entire urban and pop music world want you to discuss your sex life is another thing altogether. He's still surrounded by Odd Future, which is basically a bunch of unruly children that throw the word fag around like it's nothing. It's gotta be hard to be yourself in all that. He's made every attempt to creep back into semi anonymity when he was poised to be huge. I do think he's becoming more comfortable and opening up more and more.
- I think R65 got it right. I wish Frank Ocean well.
- Autotuned crap
- A lot of his homophobic fans seem to be in denial, saying things like "he just loved a man one time, it wasn't even a sexual thing". It could be that he was advised to not be too specific to avoid alienating these people. In the Guardian interview he said "I knew that if I waited I would always have somebody that I respected be able to encourage me to wait longer", which makes me think that not everyone in his circle was entirely supportive of him coming out.
- Thinking Pharrell
- Frank has a lot of young fangirl type fans that see what they want to see. Also, he writes in an indirect way that requires to decoding and his young fans seem to want to read literal translations in his words; "sleep I would often share with him" means to them that literally they just slept in the same bed. We know that you don't "come out" because you had a one time crush. He wrote an album about this lost love, and still seems not quite over it. He had a three year relationship with this person, and has now had another relationship without specifying gender. There's no need to be vague if his latest love was a woman. And yes, I partly think that someone has advised hi to not be too specific so that he doesn't alienate women that fool themselves into thinking he's bisexual.
- haha. yes, totally agree. the "sleep I would often share with him" line is so obvious and the fangirls go out of their way to not read between the lines.
and I'm surprised no one pointed out the beginning of the new Blue Whale song. i thought it was all metaphors for the sex act.
No jheri curl, Jerry Rice
Boogie board on the rip tide
Parasail and deep dive, won’t think twice
Your little baby bone boy killin' me
Swearing he’s grown when he got that steel
Jerry Rice - receiver...
but maybe it's just me :)
- Does anyone know Raymond Buck's instagram?
- Lots of his lyrics are metaphors.
Blue Whale Lyrics:
And I wasn’t much into the type,that my bros like
So I never really had no wife and that's alright
Black women ain't got no man
That's what she said to me, yeah she did
That you can date outside your race, I mean
I ain't supposed to show my love
I'd feel like a snitch outing Raymond Buck's Instgram since I don't want him to make it private if it gets too much scrutiny. I'll say that he and Frank are purposely not Instagram or Twitter friends which is telling in itself, but post pics with each other. They do have mutual Insta friends so it's not hard to find.
- His music sucks, straights can have him, couldn't care less
- He certainly won the hearts and minds that Adam Lambert couldn't touch with a 10 ft pole.
- Don't really know how to reply to a specific post here, but to [R59]asking how I know Raymond went to New York. Well, he posted photo's while he was there. Just of New York in general but one with He, Gilbert and Royston. Reading his comments and reply's from friend's he mentions how he was supposed to be coming back to L.A. on Thursday but was staying until Saturday. He also mentioned how he had a driver while he was there and how he met Jay-Z. Raymond also is credited with backing vocals on Forest Gump.
As for Frank's newest letter, I found it kind of melancholy and sad. Like how he "was falling for someone new, if he already hadn't already and how it came and went and maimed them both". He posted an Instagram pic right after that posting of him in a taxi-cab in the middle of the night (ala Bad Religion) and wrote "Lost" on the pic. The letter to me seemed to be about discontent. Like he should be happy, but he wasn't. Even talking about moving away from it all. Seems he just wants to be in love so bad is effects the rest of his life. Again, this was all posted after Raymond and Royston left New York and a few days later he posted "mishu" or (miss you), got back to L.A. and he posted a pic with Raymond. Maybe whatever lovers spat he was having is over. Again, this is all just conjecture. He really does seem to try to keep his private life private and his friends seem loyal and don't comment on it too much.
Then, a case could be made for Royston being the new love. Royston was on tour with him until he cancelled it in Norway. Royston came home and Gilbert traveled with him. He was twitter friends with Royston at one point but now he's not. They are Insta friends though but Royston's is set to private. He's never posted any pics of Royston (why I think it's not him), but Royston did visit him in New York with Raymond. When Frank posted his newest letter and mentioned having had brunch in the rooftop restaurant in Lost In Translation like 9 times, Royston tweeted "Stay here with me and we'll start a jazz band", a line from Lost In Translation.
Again, just conjecture, but I have this photographic memory (annoying sometimes) and remember what I'm told or have read, and pieces slide into place.
- As the Advocate article says, Ocean's stuff is not rap or really hip-hop, it's contemporary R&B. That's why I like it. He sings (actually sings) melody and the words are poetically interesting. It's a good record. And yes, he was very brave and commendable to reveal what he did about himself.
- OK, so I now totally think Frank and Royston Beserve are the two dating. They are subtweeting each other like crazy on twitter tonight. A twitter spat. Frank says on Tumblr and facebook, "yea. I quit" (music? the relationship?) Right after Royston tweets "idk. Follow intuition and do what you feel." Next he tweets "Isn't it lovely to have someone to blame from your choice." "Serpent." "Okay. So today ill be like,"Religion, eh. Idk". Then tomorrow ill commit to the journey back to the garden." All of this has to be directed at Frank because it all started at the same time. After Frank tweets about quitting, he starts posting vague things about how he should be in Hawaii right now, etc., etc. None of Frank's other friends have uttered a word about him saying he's quitting, so it probably isn't music he means.
- He has no sense of humor about himself. If you read his tweets, he always so serious and pretentious.
- Impressed with your Frank love life deconstruction. I'm continuing.. Do you really think he is/was seeing Royston if he's a friend of Raymond Buck's? It seems more plausible it is Raymond Buck since he put him on the cover of TBY. I don't know...
anyway, Frank said about Nostalgia Ultra that it was about one relationship = his first love. At the same time as his Channel Orange release he talked in NY times about CO album being haunted by two relationships. One he wanted to be with = still his first love, and someone who wanted to be with him = someone new. He was trying to get away from both. So if it's Raymond Buck he could either one, probably the new one who was more into Frank than vice versa.
And the one he is talking about in the new tumblr post might be him but that he has fallen more in love with him, or a totally new one. But would he really had had the time to find a new one with all the traveling?
About Gilbert, agree that they might not be together. Seems more likely it's Raymond Buck or someone else. But why does Gilbert travel with him all the time. Is he like an assistant? and why, when they are seeing each other every day doesn't he post any photos of him on tumblr? all the photos of them together are taken by someone else. Only one photo on Frank's tumblr where you can hardly see gilbert, in Rome in front of Coliseum and with the text 'Coliseum in the backseat' the same line as he uses in Blue Whale lyrics, his last song, when he is talking about hiding his love and going to rome instead...
Didn't get much wiser from this.. still confused... :)
- [R81] I really don't think it's Gilbert, unless it's something really casual and hush hush. Plus Gilbert is a part of Odd Future and I'm not sure how that would go down if he and Frank were seeing each other like that. I do think Gilbert plays more of a personal assistant role. So Frank doesn't travel alone maybe, but they're also probably friends. I know that Frank went to Maui yesterday since Odd Future has a show in Hawaii today and Gilbert didn't go. Neither did Ray or Royston. I still think there's something going on with Raymond (or was), but something seems to have soured the friendship with Royston. Like I said, he stopped following Royston on twitter after the tour ended in Norway, but still had he and Ray come to New York. He only posts pictures of Ray, though. I know that Royston was tweeting about Frank when Frank said he quit music, and some of the tweets were really pointed. That night after all the other not so veiled posts, Royston posted " Losers quit when they're tired. Winners quit when they've won. -Unknown" Then Royston started having a twitter conversation with another of their friends Elias Evan, and I know they were referencing Frank. I've seen them around. Gilbert is Frank's friend through Odd Future, Ray, Royston and Elias are more personal friends. Anyway, they never said names, but they are all friends with Frank and this all happened at the same time. The two (Elias and Royston) posted about him being a pretend altruist when it's really just conniving an fucking people over. About how being discreet is manipulative. About an anxiety disorder. Royston posted "a dog eat dog world filled with a bunch of disloyal ass fuckboys" Elias replied "hahahaa the fuckboys be out here reckless", meaning I guess talking about all this stuff on twitter. They call themselves "fuckboys", LOL. It was a really interesting conversation and Royston seemed really upset tweeting well into the morning. Then the conversation between the two got off onto some video online or something. The next morning Frank, just tweeted "Good Morning! my life is amazing. af". after having essentially quit music or something the night before. There's a lot going on there, but I do get a feeling that part of Frank's reluctance to perform more i.e., dropping off the tour, not doing interviews and being just so up and down from one day to the next probably has something to do with anxiety and personal issues. Tyler The Creator from OF says that yes, Frank quit music, but I think that'll hold about as long as he deciding to be out and open one minute about his love life then deciding maybe he doesn't want to be so out after all.
Also, I know Ray wasn't his first love. I have my theory about who that was, LOL. Ray, Royston and Elias are really young. Ray might be 20 or 21, Royston as well, but Elias just started college. Anyway, Frank's 25th birthday is tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see what he does for it. Maybe he'll stay in Hawaii after Odd Future leaves and invite someone to join him there. Maybe not. They are my soap opera for the week. LOL
- Wow! Now I'm really curious. Who do think his first one was. A hint?
the other friend he posts photos of all the time and promote is Michael Uzowuru but it's not him. He is also younger. he really has a posse of young guys who seem to -until now at least- admire him. And why not, I would too. Anyway Uzowuru seems very much like a friend or what do you think?
- Damn, you guys are some detectives
- Could someone please, at least, link pictures of these other characters in Frank's life so we can at least have a visual? I can't just google "Raymond" or "Royston" because there are many people with the same names.
- How do you post images and links in this site? I've tried and am a little too impatient I guess.
- Just paste the image ink/address on the url bar of your post, r86.
- Raymond and Frank, Raymond, Gilbert and Royston from New York a week ago
- Raymond and Frankk
- Ray and Frank a week ago that Frank Posted
- Ray, Gilbert and Royston from New York woth Frank a week ago
- Just reading Frank Ocean's tumblr acct, he is very very gay and very much a drama queen.
- Yes, he's dramatic, and yes, he's very gay but I love his music, LOL. He seems like he's sort of stuck between wanting attention and adulation until he get's it and then it's too much.
- Ok...I NEVER heard of Royston BUT you guys have, so I'm game!
I personally thought Royston was a cousin from New Orleans...as someone on tumblr mentioned...but who knows?
I was the on with the Gilbert theory...and I'm sorry BUT you don't take just a 'friend' to travel with around the world!!? Come on!! Lets be real! I also felt that whenever we mentioned G as his dude, G on his twitter was all like 'I love girls' all of a sudden.
I don't know BUT I know as a human being that if I was 'in love' with a dude before the summer etc....I would be pissed that they would take some random dude like Gilbert on tour! Come on people! Gilbert was always friends with Tyler NOT Frank...this touring thing is all sorts of new. PLUS he took him to SNL, MTV awards-apart from his cousin SK Flare,the other people were his managers the Clancy's...and Gilbert-and THEN he took him out to NY again. So yes Royston was there but WHY take frigging Gilbert!!??
No one has given me a single reason as why to take G on a 3 month round the world trip...plus come back to LA, still hang with him and take him x2 to NY??!
I'm not even talking about Tyler being a best friend but his cousin and Michael Uzuworo..who are always on his instagram. He didn't take them. But Gil.
My theory about his first love smacks of Miguel...why? Because, duh, they all used to be friends as songwriters starting in LA...both 19..plus Gil looks a little like Miguel..
I don't know but from the evidence and having being a busy person in my day, there would be no way my best buddy HOWEVER nice, would travel across the world with me for 3 months...and then again once we get back home.
TBH I will quit the speculation as Gilbert's people seem to read this stuff whenever I have posted links and he always comes back with a 'I want a girlfriend' shit..
Who knows? His tweet yesterday was so sanctimonious to Gilbert?? You could think the same about this R guy..? But check tumblr-it was ages ago posted-someone said R was his cousin travelling with him.
Royston is his cousin. And is you will see now...frank is not being very cute to Gilbert and Gilbert keeps on talking about 'changing'...just go on tweeter feeds! Also, Gilbert posted a picture of Royston sleeping with a joke when they were touring, so obv they became friends!
"gilbert wallace @OFWGilbert
Everyone wants to be on, everyone wants to be known or know somebody. I'm starting not to give not one fuck
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
15h frank ocean @frank_ocean
@OFWGilbert very good.
Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite"
If you follow both G & F twitters...G is always tweeting about getting fucked by friends and F is always saying a snide comment. Sorry but just research like I did! lol!
That is michael uzowuru. His best friend. Keep on checking.
Oh no wonder the gays never get any further!
Why don't ya'll post those images of frank playing football in Hawaii!!
- Ocean says 'he quits'...did anyone check Gilbert's twitter because it has been all OVER the place about relationships and wanting a 'girlfriend'.
Also, Royston is HIS cousin from New Orleans. Come on...why isn't he next to Frank? On a simple level??!
I don't know about Raymond Buck but it wouldn't surprise me if it was an old flame. But seriously, that note was about Miguel!
- 83 - Can you give a clue who you think his first love was?
I don't think it's Miguel though. The guy Frank is talking about seems like a very closeted guy with a girlfriend and I think Miguel seems so obviously gay to me. Think he is open to his friends, not just to his fans. Can't imagine Frank writing Bad Religion for Miguel, not 'been able to make him love him'. I think Miguel never would have turned down Frank Ocean. Just my thoughts...
- ALL them n*ggas is gay!
- See, my first love theory was Miguel as well but didn't want to put that out there. I'm the one with the Raymond Buck theory or Royston theory. I don't think Royston is his cousin. SK LaFlare is his cousin. Royston is friends with Ray and his crew, but also went with Frank on this last tour until Frank pulled out in Norway. Anyway, if Frank has anything going on with Gilbert, it's on the low. Whenever he's meloncholy and tweeting "mishu" or talking about his love life, Gilbert is with him. So I don't think it's Gilbert that he's seeing. I really, really think it's Ray. Suspiciously now, Ray has stopped following Frank on twitter and Instagram, even though he hardly ever tweets anyway, but after Frank's birthday one of Ray's female friends left a message on Frank's picture that said "Hey lonny I told ray to tell you happy birthday yesterday don't know if he told you but I hope you had a wonderful day and I miss you guys!", so they are still friends. They must read this stuff and are trying to put fake distance between them. It's stupid cause they'd make a great couple. Also, i can see why Frank takes Gilbert with him. I think with his new celebrity, it's a little dangerous to be traveling around alone and Gilbert is a part of OF. Ray was with Frank on his tour last year and at Coachella this year.
Nowm my Miguel theory: Miguel gave an interview last year where he talked about how he first talked to Frank before he ever came to L.A. Miguel was working with a New Orleans artist writing a song and wanted to know what was hot in N.O. A mutual friend hooked him up with Frank (Lonny then). When Frank came to L.A. they became boys. Then, this year another producer Troy Noka gave an interview in which he talked about how he, Frank and Miguel came up in the business together and are all really close, like brothers. Now Miguel does have a girlfriend that he's had for 7 years. He said he and she broke up at one point because he cheated. This would totally be in line with Frank falling for a guy with a girlfriend.
What really makes me suspicious is that Miguel in subsequent interviews will talk about Frank in general terms i.e.; he's talented, he doesn't care about another man's sexuality, blah, blah, blah, but he never acts like they personally know each other or were ever boys. To the contrary, he goes out of his way to distance himself from Frank and talks about his girlfriend all the time. Miguel and Frank are not twitter friends, Insta friends, or anything. Miguel tweeted once about Frank after the Pyramids video release about how he like it, but then deleted the tweet. Frank is also not twitter or Insta friends with Troy Noka, but he and Miguel are still boys. I posted a link to the video interview with Miguel.
- Frank, Miguel and Troy Noka
- Troy Noka interview about Frank and Miguel
- Frank had his 25th birthday on Sunday :)
God bless whoever Frank's boyfriend is...he seems like the type of boyfriend that takes issue with every little thing and turns it into a huge argument. Aint nobody got time for that Frank! He needs to tone that down.
Call me crazy, but I dont think Miguel is gay. He probably has a lot of gay friends because he is a cool guy that is comfortable with his sexuality.
- [R104] You think? I think Frank would probably be a hard boyfriend to have. While he's out, he's not really. While he's gay, well he's not really. While he's open about his love life, well he's not really. He seems to want all the trappings of a relationship really bad, but needs it to still be so undercover. That's hard for anyone. And if he falls for someone straight, well that's disaster anyway.
As for Miguel, I think he's straight too. But I totally see him dabbling with Frank at 19 or 20. I could see Frank falling for him, but Miguel deciding to stay with his girlfriend.
- Miguel straight? No way.
Didn't know Frank and Miguel were so close. had only seen the interview with Miguel before. Thanks for the link to the Troy NoKa interview.
Yes I can see how it all ads up with Miguel timewise as his first love. But do you really think that? My guess is Miguel's "girlfriend" is only for appearance and has been all the time. He doesn't really deny being gay either. Just 'I love women' lines. Ha has distanced himself from Frank lately but that can be because he is gay and dont want to come out, not because they were lovers. Like Ne yo and others. (Kanye has been very quite BTW)
It can of course be Miguel but I still have a hard time believing this. Maybe because I don't find him attractive at all myself :) But I can't really imagine Frank Ocean being so desperately in love with Miguel and Miguel having some straight life being with Frank on the low.
I totally believe there is something with Raymond Buck though. why shouldn't they be twitter etc friends when they so obviously are close friends. and the photo with Ray with no t-shirt on holding Frank screams love. Frank's smile on that picture. The only think Raymond Buck has tweeted in moths were 'I voted for best new artist VMA' like he had to write something about Frank but couldn't name his name.
Pharrell was also very quiet during Frank's coming out. He obviously supports Frank and had a text about Frank being brave on the billinaire boys blog, but not from Pharrell himself but more anonymous from his company. and he didn't write anything on his twitter even do he produced Frank. I don't think he is anyone of the lovers Frank is talking baout, but I just think it's interesting that he is almost 40 and there hasn't been a girlfriend in sight for YEARS. And he still is afriad to come out in favor of marriage equality even after Jay Z did.
A lot of scared down low rappers nowadays I think
- Frank is more likely to have a girlfriend than a boyfriend. Just sayin....
- [R107] Frank is as likely to have a "legitimate" girlfriend as me. Not likely at all, LOL
- I think the first love was a college student. That would explain why they were only together during the summer.
- Hmmm, interesting point about the possible college student. I have wondered about the whole summer thing as well.
- That's my boy!
Billy Ocean, Daddy
- Still discussing this nobody? Coming out didn't exactly raise his profile like he had hoped, did it?
- You're still compelled to read and comment about this "nobody"? What does that make you? Less than nobody? I often wonder about people like you that never have anything positive to say. Your life must absolutely awful.
If you knew anything about him, you'd know he has since run so far away from publicity and obviously wants the hoopla to die down. He's only given 1 interview since he came out and everyone wanted interviews with him. Still do. So his level of publicity is of his own making.
- This is a brilliantly apt review of Pink Matter and shows exactly what I mean about his metaphors etc. I do think he is gay BUT is attracted to women. Which makes him bisexual but I think he has leanings towards men.
Also, to the person that said he couldnt be with Gilbert cause of Oddfuture, that's BS. Just follow those guys on Twitter-they say fag all the time but a are a bunch of sensitive liberal skaters. Just check their twitter's.
"Frank Ocean “Pink Matter” Ft. Andre 3000 (Interpretation)
“and the peaches and the mangos that you could sell for me…” (I believe this opening line refers to the exploitation of the female body. Mango’s being the breasts and Peaches being the vagina.)
The story behind “Pink Matter” seems to be that of a love triangle between the protagonist his woman, and another man identified as “Sensei” (a Japanese word that is literally translated as “person born before another”. In general usage, it means “master” or “teacher”.) In the opening lines of the song the protagonist and “Sensei” are immersed in a “pillow talk” of sorts (possibly while stoned lol). ” ‘What do you think my brain is made for, Is it just a container for the mind’? ‘This great grey matter’?. “Sensei” replied, ‘What is your woman, is she just a container for the child? That soft pink matter. Cotton candy, Majin Buu’.” “Sensei” doesnt seem to care much for the philosophical conversation and quickly questions the role of the woman, who seems to be little more than a sex object to the protagonist. Pink matter along with the words cotton candy and Majin Buu all refer to the female genetalia and the pleasure it brings. Cotton candy being the soft sweet side of sex and Majin Buu being the dark side of our sexuality (Majin Buu was an inherently evil villian from the Dragon Ball Z anime series). The protagonist fantasizes about making love to his woman with eyes closed (I’m lead to believe this is because he likes the way she makes him feel although he doesnt love her). “’Close my eyes and fall into you, My god she’s giving me pleasure’.” The pillow talk continues briefly, but is brought to a hault when “Sensei” grows tired of the strange questions. “’What if the sky and the stars are for show, and the aliens are watching live from the purple matter?’ ‘”Sensei” went quiet then violent, and we sparred until we both grew tired. Nothing mattered, cotton candy Majin Buu’.” The listener could easily be confused on how a “Kill-Bill”-esque fight sequence could shift into thoughts of sex, however anybody who has bared witness to any homophobic banter in their life is well familiar with the term “sword fighting”. Yes, the protagonist and “Sensei” make love. This is very different from when the protagonist is with his woman, because he does not close his eyes. “’Dim the lights and fall into you, you, you. My god, giving me pleasure. Pleasure, pleasure, pleasure, pleasure over matter. The protagonist is truly in love with “Sensei”, even if he’s not quite ready to admit it to the world, his woman or even himself."
So smart! I'm going to get this guy to decipher his second letter lol!
The tumblr is coolcocaina
- I think that that's a great interpretation of the song. I don't think Frank writes anything without meaning and if you delve into what he's saying in the lyric it's clear that he's had sex with this woman (who can bare him children and if he closes his eyes and not look at her, she surprisingly can bring him pleasure), and then this man, this Sensei, after fighting it (who he only needs to dim the lights on but brings him great pleasure. The most telling lines are when he says "Pleasure of Matter" after sex with this man and then:
Blue used to be my favorite color
Now I ain't got no choice
After he's been with this man, he really has no choice, he just wants "blue matter",i.e.; realizes he's gay.
Also, I didn't say that Frank couldn't be with Gilbert, just that if he was seeing him, it's hush hush. I have read their twitters, and most of Odd Future members (there's actually probably 30 of them that hang out as and consider themselves Odd Future)were generally surprised or shocked, but still supportive when Frank came out. They'd heard the rumors but didn't want to believe it. Gilbert was actually really, really supportive as well as Tyler, but when someone asked Tyler on Formspring if he was gay as well, he said "Fuck no, that's Frank". Earl, who's close and supportive of Frank tweeted a while back "Its two niggas making out hard on the corner right now. Pretty harsh" to which Frank replied "America". I'm just saying that I don't think they are at the point where they'd be out with a relationship in the open. Those guys are young, and while supportive, they don't really want to see it. Gilbert is really young and I seriously doubt he'd be "out" with a relationship with Frank in front of all his friends. Frank and Gilbert also don't seem to spend a lot of personal time together while in L.A. either. I just think it's Raymond that he's seeing honestly.
- He's gay and ashamed that he came out. Now he wants to run back to the closet since it didn't work out for him like he liked. NEXT!
- interesting thread
- I just heard Miguel for first time. I like his music
- Frank Ocean and Willy Cartier
- Kind of irritatingly passive-aggressive, OP. Thank goodness we have you to keep our heads on straight!
- Can we go back to the Frank / Chris Brown fight for a moment. I know I wasnt the only one that scratched my head at The Game getting in their twitter fight. Chris Brown is REALLY friendly with Game. Chris did an interview last week and talked about Game's body, how "buff" and tall he is (Game is 6'5). All very suspect. Let me find out they are doing the nasty while we are spending all our time talking about grumpy Frank!
- Who is Willy Cartier?
- French Model. Frank Ocean just visited Paris to sing at a Karl Lagerfeld event, but the photo with Frank and willy is from Franks home in LA, so it has probably nothing to do with the French stay. But still - getting closer to the fashion scene and beautiful models...
- At first I didn't think anything was going on with Willy and Frank. I know that Nabil, Franks friend, video director and photographer was taking pictures of Willy. I also know that Frank is shooting a spread of pictures (as photographer) for the premiere issue of Junk Magazine, so I thought he was just photographing Willy too. Nabil posted pictures of them both and obviously took the picture of Willy and Frank at Frank's apartment. But last night, Frank went to the GQ party and clandestinely took Willy. Then today he's posting pics of Willy all over Instagram. I think it might be love : ). I also know that Willy initially posted he was only going to be in L.A. until the 11th, and he's still here. Good for Frank. I hope they are together. Willy is hot.
- Can someone please explain the red and white headband?
- Don't know what's up with the headband except that it's his signature. Anyway, Willy just posted a link on his twitter from a fan page with the pic of him and Frank from last night. The caption of the picture alludes to them dating, so take that how you may.
- Willy waiting on Frank last night to finish his interview. Awww
- And they are following each other on Insta now
- I think Willy Cartier is super adorable. That's a good look for Frank
- Both the coolest and cutest couple I could think of. Frank has even better taste than I thought.
- started a new thread .link
- What is happening to the 'Official Frank Ocean is dating Willy Cartier thread'? I can't reach it. :(
Dani, have you seen Arias tweets? She retweets a fan tweet: Don't like how frank took your Man'
And then she links to katy Perrys: You're so gay and you don't even like boys. Addressed to Willy!!!
so something is really going on there
- And the fan tweet she answers with: Thanks for support.
- Yes, Hmmmmmmm, I didn't see the fan tweet, but I saw the video to Willy. I knew I was right. If she believes it, there has to be something going on there. That bitch is SALTY behind Frank and Willy. Wow, totally missed that fan tweet. Willy isn't answering her, and you'd think if it weren't true that he'd at least tell her it's not. he's had to have seen the tweets she's sent his way.
- Yes very interesting! Strange no one picked up on this yet
- Someone on Lipstick Ally or ATRL must've read something on here because they had her tweet from yesterday. Did you see my blurb I sent you about Miguel?
- Also, maybe no-one has picked up on it because no-one is as sleuthy as us, LOL.
- R137 LOL
Yes I read and posted a loooong answer. Maybe that one disturbed the whole thread because now I can't reach it.
Short answer: think you're right about Miguel
- I just hope Miguel isn't going to try and be coy and quiet, keep people guessing to get some of Frank's "Is he or isn't he" type publicity. I really like Miguel, and think he is amazingly super talented, but he wants publicity so bad, I wouldn't put it past him.
- R138, Oh yeah. I saw this on one of the fangirl blogs today. Wonder if it's true? Wonder if Frank will be there casting?
- I don't really like Miguel so to me it's annoying that he could be Frank's big love. Don't want to think of him when I listen to Bad Religion.
I don't think he will try to get publicity from it though. To me he seems super scared people will think he is gay. what he says in interviews annoys me, how people think he is gay because how he dressed before. and he understands them bla bla. but now he has find his own style etc. I think he wants to fit in too much.
It was strange of him to say he didn't want to speak about his relationship with Frank on the record, but I think he said that off the record and the interviewer couldn't resist putting it in print :)
- R140 I think it's true. don't think Frank is there himself for the casting. That's usually not the case with music videos
- R142 Yeah, Miguel tries to be hyper-masculine in his interviews, to not appear gay at all. But on the other hand, he is such an attention whore, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to milk that situation to his advantage. He'll definitely be asked about it again now that he's refused to discuss it though. Miguel is super, super talented though. I think Frank's a much better song writer and producer, but Miguels' voice and stage presence is unbelievable. I've seen them both live, but I still like the genuineness of Frank overall. Miguel talk so much, it all sounds like bullshit when he speaks and his story changes from interview to interview.
As far as the casting, I live here in LA, and yes, stars aren't usually in on auditions, but Frank likes to control his product so much, I think he'd be there. When he appeared at the VMA's, they had dancer auditions at a studio in Hollywood and he was there. I think that's how they ended up with just him and a guitar player because he wasn't feeling the whole big production with dancer's and all and vetoe'd it.
- Oh, if it's true about the video, and Willy's in a video they're shooting, I wonder if he's coming back for this. Can't imagine they'd be shooting two video's so close together. Although, maybe this is just a continuation of the video they're already shooting. Seems out of turn though.
- Yeah that's right. there were some pics with Frank from the audition for Pyramids, right?
And if people think Frank will be there they will get loads of kids for the audition :). You in the target group so you can go?
As you say. it should almost be the same video. Strange to do the same almost at the same time. Hope Willy c will come but it could also be he is shot single and they cut to the crowded scenes with the 'super rich kids'
aria keeps posting angry disillusioned tweets: 'Survival secret: it gets worse before better, try not to panic.' and: 'Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much more for them.'
As a gossip nerd. You have to love this twitter times when famous and semi famous people post things before they have time to think and reaches millions :)
- I mean; strange if they were shooting two different videos almost at the same time
- Yes, I've seen what she's posted. The more she posts the more it makes me think there really is something going on with Willy and Frank. Obviously they struck up a quick friendship. So much so that he essentially had no time for her after meeting Frank. She definitely thought they had something going on together, since she's so hurt now. Straight men don't usually form connections like that and forgo a willing chick that probably would have made time for him no matter when. And for Frank to step out like that so quickly is also out of character. There seems to have been a real connection there.
- R147 think so too. Otherwise she wouldn't be so upset.
I like how Frank posted all these half nude photos of himself after all this buzz. Quite confident of him :)
- Yeah, I think he's in a "I don't give a f*ck what people think" mode. I like that he's not hiding and neither is Willy. Willy doesn't even have to say anything. He could just post more pics of him with chicks and that would be that. It doesn't seem like he's getting an obvious benefit from the rumors one way or another, so why not dispell them?
As far as the video shoot, no I'm not in that age range. But I wouldn't want to do it anyway.
- Thought about the photos of F and W. Most of them in the car. So it must be part of the video. The picture with both of them in the front seat. wonder if that's a part of video shoot. Them driving around. Will be nice to see in the future. Especially now with all the gossip around them. But I wonder if Frank dares to make a video with a male love interest. thought Pyramids was pretty predictable. Ok the strippers were part of the song but I couldn't help feeling: now lets throw a bone to the straight audience. If he makes a video for Bad Religion it would be weird if he didn't sing it to a guy. But I don't think he dares. Sure hope.
- I don't think he'd dare yet to have a direct male live interest, but I was happy with the fact that he wasn't trying to be involved with the strippers in the Pyramids video. Super Rich Kids isn't really a "live interest" type of song anyway. Do you follow Miguel on Instagtam? Did you see he posted a shirtless abs pic today as well? What this, competition with Frank, or for Willy's sake, lol? It's MiguelUnlimited if you don't follow!
- Ok, interesting. Miguel just published another pic of him making a ssshhh gesture with the Tagline, "catch me in GQ's , Men of the Year Edition" out now. Ohhh, he is definitely sending out a message to Franl, lol. Hilarious. I wonder what is going on here?
- LOL no I don't follow him. Yeah that picture. haha. think you're right about the competition. Feel sorry for Miguel. he doesn't have Frank's style and taste in photographers. And what with the tattoo? Embarrassing.
someone posted on Lipstickalley about Frank and Miguel:
I dont know why but everytime I hear miguels song "use me" I feel like he is singing about a dude on dude situation lol
think so too
- I wonder if Miguel was supposed to be at that GQ party as well? Why wouldn't he be? If he's in the same issue? I wonder if that's why Frank decided to step out with Willy? Oh my?
- Aha! Interesting :D
- The plot thickens.....
- One more thought. From the interviews we know Frank had contact with his first love as late as this spring. But there is no photo of Miguel anywhere on his tumblr or insta. wouldn't it be if he were the one?
- No, obviously they kept things really hush. It's more interesting if they were indeed "just" close friends that you'd think there'd be lots of pics floating around the web somewhere. I only ever found that one in the studio with Keri Hilson. There's tons of pics with Frank and all types of folks on the web, and yet he and Miguel were supposedly close but they found it necessary to keep photos to a minimum? That's more telling to me. Oh yeah, I know that his girlfriend is good friends with that Alycia chick. They were out to dinner last week.
- Holy hell. There's an article on Sandrarose.com about Willy dating some french pop star. (can't stand her site by the way). Anyway, while Willy was here he was supposedly staying with Aria. How'd that work? Did he start staying with Frank after he ditched Aria?
- Yes, it IS strange.
found this link on Willy cartier fans twitter about Willy having another girlfriend but someone else immediately says it's not true. so probably not, but the article talks about Frank and Willy meeting at the Carl Lagerfeld event before LA. But Frank was in Paris one week ago and Willy is photographed with Carl 4 weeks ago. But I mean, they must have known each other more than a couple of days when they started posting all their photos.
- R159 haha we posted about that article at the exact same time :)
- Haha, funny. We definitely think alike. That's what I mean about sloppy gossip. Obviously, they haven't done their own research because it's easy to see that they weren't in Paris at Larls event together. Also easy to see what Aria thought she had going on with Willy. But the fact that they are in to the Aria angle makes me wonder if they'll try to talk to her.
- LOL Maybe she starts talking!
- So it's just you and me now interested in Frank Ocean on Datalounge LOL
- Haha, I was thinking that today. It's like our own personal chat room, lol. That's ok. I don't care about any other subjects on this board. Then again, maybe others just read our Sherlockian theories and gather their own information from us, lol.
- Now its not just both of you , some of us just love to lurk , and why are you not using the new thread I created ???
- R166 LOL
Because it doesn't work for me. :( whenever I try to load it nothing happens
- R165 Neither do I :)
- hmmm let me bump it up and see
- Did you see Willy's fan club on twitter called out SandraRose. They told her that Willy wasn't with Shym. She asked how they know. They asked how she knows. She said she has her "sources". She put that bullshit story together from a picture she saw.
- R169 MJ, that limo doesn't work for me either.
- okay the thread I created was either deleted , or is not working . strange .
Oh and ignore sandra , she is like MTO , she just makes shit up for the sake of it
- R170 haha, yes, I saw that.
R172 Stopped working after I posted a very very long reply. So maybe my fault :-/
- OK Hmmmmmmm, have you red the GQ article? It's an actual interview and he's pretty candid. More candid than the other interview. I'm not even finished yet but I think you'd like it. he talk about the "relationship".
- OK, Hmmmmmmm, really good article until the last question. I feel like he chickened out on that whole "is he bisexual or not" thing, but other than that, very candid. For him anyway.
- No I havent. It's not up online is it? What does he say???!!!
- Didn't check online, but it's worth owning and I never buy magazines. It's an actual interview where the writer followed him around for a day in New York during his last trip. He talks about why he decided to come out, how the relationship sent him spinning out of control, how he became a much better writer after the heartbreak and mindfuck this person put him through. Talks about how the record labels and others arguments that he'd have a much easier time in the business if he just continued to date girls, but how it was lying to himself and going against what he truly felt. Everyone would be happy except him. He talk much more freely than I thought he would. He's also a little arrogant in the piece too, but what artist isn't. He talk about homophobia in the black music industry and in black culture in general and how we have so far to go towards acceptance. Says he cried like a baby the night he posted the letter. Very good article.
- WOW! God I love him for being so open. I'm so impressed with him. Like saying he cried when he posted the letter. Who would do that? No one else. He is so honest. That what I admire most in people. I have to get it!
and that's why I think he is such a fantastic artist. Because he has to be true to himself. I connect so much with this feeling and urge. You have a need to be yourself otherwise you know you can't be happy. though I'm not half as brave as he is.
That's how you become a great artist because you don't compromise. I don't think people really understands this now but he will be a legend.
- Yes, he's pretty honest. Certainly brave and you can feel the relief he feels having finally come out. Says he was so miserable, even with all the money, but once he came out he was all at once happy again. He still won't say the word gay, but everything he's saying clearly points to being strictly gay. He just copped out on the last question about being bisexual and wouldn't answer it, even though the question before he said he couldn't lie to himself and continue dating women. I'll be glad when he embraces it fully, but I understand a need to not put himself in an easily definable box. That's mostly for his career I think. I have a lot of respect for him though.
- But if he wouldn't answer the question about being bisexual it's pretty obvious he isn't :)
- R180 : ) That's another way to look at it. I like the answer better than mine.
- In a couple years Frank will announce he's gay. He's coming out gradually which is understandable. I hope he gets to fuck lots of hot mens in the meanwhile!!
- Yes, I think so too. and I don't mind he's taking his time. You can see it on blogs, how they adjust gradually. first it was this total denial of him being gay when the rumors started. Then when he posted the letter they talked about a one time thing, now they're saying he's bisexual all the time. so I think taking time can be good as well. I can make it ok for people who like hip hop to like him when if he had done it in another way they would have felt pressured to distance themselves. so I don't only think it's a bad thing even though it's a pity he isn't totally honest.
- i've been one of the frequent posters on this thread but left because there seemed to be no one who actually really knew or liked Ocean. By that I mean also read all his interviews and also know about his relationship with Odd Future,so how happy I am to read Dani and hmmmm! Yes, finally some smart stuff being said!
1. I have been trying to find that GQ article-if you can copy and paste,it would be ACE. And I also love him because of his honesty plus he's so intelligent and such an individual! Thank God!
2. Have you noticed how the black community keep on 'ining' him? And I say this as a black woman! But it's really depressing and frustrating. It's like are you DUMB? I know Ocean speaks in metaphors and his music is laced with subliminal messages but from saying he was 'Bi' in Oldie to non gender specificness in Nostalgia to plainly using the 'him' term in Orange,it's like what does someone have to say to you to be gay??
Worst still is after this Willie thing,is all these twitteres saying it's one thing being gay 'but ho can he have a boyfriend'...I know,I kid you not. Like really. Others were saying he is taking it too far bringing a male date to the awards.
Damn. Although I am black,I grew up in a very intellectual and although conservative,it seems HUGELY liberal to other black families. I really feel sorry for Ocean. The abuse he gets from black blogs to commenters on blogs either accusing him of doing a publicity stunt or of being a 'faggot who takes it up the ass'...I mean I would be so embarressed if any of the people I knew would see my tweet anything ignorant or homophobic-it's not cool and it's seen as very,very sad (UK word). So WEIRD.
Does anyone follow Gilbert's twitter? He seems pretty p*ssed if you read between the lines, well, lol some of his tweets range from "niggers on twitter are stupid" to "Bitches lying of being gay". This is the first reason I don't believe the Willy story and the second is they had a thing;although I think they broke up..isn't it too soon? Plus lastly, Gilbert put out a twitter message to Asia the model to contact asap and then a few hours put a tweet saying "she's here". Well,I thought oh,this must be some date,I was wrong but then I checked Asia's tweets and she's just posted pictures of herself with "Everest my new best friend". Franks dog. I then checked Nabil and put 2+2 and guessed a shoot was happening, so Gilbert was there...and so was Willy as a model.
But what makes me thing they ARE dating is the fact that Willy was wearing Frank's Supreme black baseball shirt. Now please it's a far out coincidence because not only is that NOT Willy's style AT ALl but Frank has the same top and how coincidental that in all his pictures of being in LA,that is the first time he wears it! Another thing are the tweets Willy has retweeted plus that love song when he was leaving Cali. Lastly, is that Willy is Frank's type,totally. Frank has a thing for very beautiful asiatic looking men, from Miguel who I am convinced was his first love to Gilbert to this Willy guy.
I don't think he has a racial type AT ALL but all those guys above all have similarities-killer bone structures, very outwardly sexy, pretty, chinesy eyes.
- Also,there is one of Willy's friends who is going crazy over this and it's like chill, why do you care? Your friend doesn't!!? They keep on going around saying 'It's a lie, Its a lie'. So what if it is? Willy has gained HUGE attention for this which will only help his modelling work..so that's why I'm still on the fence over this one.
Re him being gay....I think he is technically Bi but he is preference is men. Like he is 30 to 70 on the Kingsey scale and he identifies as gay but I agree that he has been told not to directly answer it so R180,r182 etc he is being honest by using other ways to say it to us, be it his tumblr, twitter (did any of you see that twitter convo with him, Taco & a few others where he joked about making an inappropriate quip about teenage white boys? I was like WTF,u go!) or instagram or even the Guardian interview.
So I am actually very proud of this strategy,especially after reading comments on Sandra Rose or Media Take Out or any of those black blogs. With these kind of mindsets, you have to take it slow-which i am sure he was advised-but not too slow,which I think he feels,hence the inviting Willy to that party. That was definately done to put it out there. And I see why, black people online oddly thought he had just 'loved a man' but wasn't gay anymore....like really?????!
Also, that Alycia gal he messed with on/off for 2 years who her fanbase were obsessed with saying they were still dating-despite evidence they weren't- until Frank wrote the 2nd letter,I feel also played a part in trying to keep him in,obv for her needs but she obv didn't care that he was fighting this because she wanted HIM and thought she could change him. Plus as she so industry friendly, I'm sure many industry Def Jam folk encouraged the relationship, esp through Frank 'telling him he had a good thing there' etc
But i am so happy for Frank. Anyone read through his whole tumblr?? Man, is he DEPRESSIVE! And I say this as someone with a background in the conceptual fine arts where light reading was reading about Freud, death and the uncanny! I felt so low and really sad because he was soo sad like when he wanted to see a therapist and how alone he was. Urgh.
But now, looking at his twitter feed and his instagram and his tumblr, wow,what a change. So wonderful to see.
- Dani & Hmmmmm,
I don't like Miguel either and Frank is much more talented then him. Also, why are we comparing them? Frank reminds me of Bob Dylan or a Bjork or Thom Yorke from Radiohead-it's about everything, not the voice and in fact, it's NOT about the voice being super perfect but real-croaky, imperfect, harsh,human. I'd rather here Bjork sing anyday then Beyonce but no one would dare compare them, so why do we do that to Frank? Esp as he says that he is NOT an r&b singer??
Miguel to me is closer to a watered down version of Prince-less original, more fame hungry but musically and vocally v similar.
Frank needs to be compared to other singer songwriters NOT just r&b stars because he is black (I didn't say u guys were doing that,this is more aimed at the mass).
Anyhow, Miguel is like 100% the love interest. One of there gang-I think it included Flaunteroy) wrote that back in the days,when they were 19,they all used to hang out "Me, Lonny, Miguel and James". And how they all helped each other out etc. That was when it pinged to me that it was def Miguel.
I don't think Miguel is in the GQ magazine...is he? GQ haven't mentioned him on the site...
RE Aria, to me she seems like a fuck buddy, like Alycia was to Frank,where they pretend they are cool with the arrangement but they want more and feel they WILL get more. Y know that kind of girl? She plays the best buddy with the guy with sex thrown in. A perfect strategy so the guy will keep on coming back because he has soo much fun with the girl PLUS good sex. I also read about how when Alycia was on that Simmons TV show,the sisters used to try and get her to break up with this guy who was bad for her but she was perfectly happy to sit and wait until her time would come because the guy was still in a relationship.
The dude is def not Frank-this was ages ago-but Chris Brown while still w Rihanna. Anyway, my point isn't about the guy but her behavior, she won't quit him and will put up with what she wants to get that man. Lol, it just reminded me of her thirsty behaviour between her and her fangurls over Frank these past months. She didn't care how desp she sounded and would never deny they weren't together. She truly thought he would turn back to her but went quite after he posted that 2nd letter,which I feel he also did that on purpose to quieten her BS online.
I've noticed that Frank does that when he thinks something is getting out of hand, like after the Rihanna pics on GQ her fanbase went crazy hooking them up together. He then stopped following her and posted those infamous Willy images.
Lol, Frank is such a hoot gossip wise! Although I really should be getting on with the mountain of homework I have to do...sigh! But great to have similar nosey detectives on this thread! :-)
- Here it is! GQ interview. god I love him. He is right. They way he is telling it, like in Bad Religion, is better than everyone else. Read it!
- Thanks r187!
- R184 Welcome to the thread ME : ). For some reason the Official Frank is Dating Willy Cartier Thread went down, but that has 136 post that basically got filled up in two or three days, mostly from myself and Hmmmmmmm. Anyway, so many of your theories are the same, but I'll try to fill you in on what you missed.
OK, basically I came up with the theory about Willy's friend Ariacrescendo on twitter sending out these sub-tweets that I thought were addressed to Willy. He and she were excited to see each other and when he got here they were hanging out tight. Then I noticed that all the pics stopped with the two of them around the 10th and she started posting all these sub-tweets. Well that's when Willy met Frank and Nabil and basically ditched Aria. I was confirmed right when she basically called Willy out on twitter asking him if he'd found a new boyfriend, then posting a video directed at Willy "Ur So Gay", then thanking one of how "Frank stole her boyfriend", etc, etc. Anyway, she clearly thinks Frank and Willy have something going on, and he hasn't denied it to her. She is pissed and still sub-tweeting to Willy.
We were also in on the ShaundRoss tweets saying that he was a friend of Willy's and the story was B.S. I for one never believed he knew anything. Yes, he's a friend of Willy's, but he doesn't even live in L.A. and he and Willy don't tweet back and forth. He was just trying to be in the know until he got no confirmation one way or another from Willy then he shut up.
It was my theory a while ago about Miguel since no-one seemed to pick up that he and Frank were once close, but in the 50 interviews he'd done where they asked about Frank, he talked in general terms about Frank but never acted as if he knew Frank personally or even was once like brothers, according to Troy Noka, another producer. Then I deduced that Miguel was the infamous "love", since time they met, girlfriend, ages, etc. all fit. The cap for me was Miguel's distanced stance in interviews and now he won't discuss why he and Frank are no longer close. The sub-tweeted Instagram pics from Miguel today was really telling also. I get the feeling he's jealous of Frank, or Willy or both and think maybe Frank took Willy with him to the GQ event partly because Miguel was probably supposed to be there as well.
I never bought into the Gilbert angle. I do know that Gilbert was one of the most supportive of Frank when he came out, and yes I saw the tweets with Frank saying he almost said something inappropriate in that tweet between he, Gilbert and Taco. I also saw the tweet when Earl made some comment about two guys making out on a corner in New York and how "harsh" that was. Frank sorta called him out and tweeted "America" back at him and Earl never answered back. Frank's has slowly become more comfortable identifying as LGBT. He said in the article that it takes alot for him to not respond to some of the ignorant comment out there, but it's not worth it. Anyway, I know that he and Gilbert are close, but my theory was always Raymond Buck, the friend on the "Thinkin Bout You" album cover. Raymond accompanied him on tour last year, went to Europe and even went to Coachella with him this year, with no apparent job on the tour. He's one of the few friends that Frank will tweet pictures of and with, and he's so subliminal, but I think the "Thinkin Bout You" cover had meaning, sort've hiding in plain site if you will. He and Ray stopped following each other on Instagram when I started posting my theories about the two of them. They are still friends as Frank flew Ray and Royston, another friend to New York while he was there several weeks ago. Royston was also on this recent tour with Gilbert and only came back home after Frank pulled out in Amsterdam. Frank's really clever, and when he tweets "mishu", or (miss you) as he's done on several ocassions, it's always been when Gilbert was traveling around with him, so I thought it was to Raymond, back at home.
- ME - nice you joined the discussion too! I am following Datalounge from time to time and I was really surprised by the NON-interest after Frank ocean coming out. Why? I mean, this is real quality. ok I don't want to sound condescending and Lady Gaga has had a great impact, but Frank Ocean is on a whole other level. I totally agree with you. You can't compare him with Miguel or Beyonce. Bob Dylan or Björk is much more relevant. and I think he is even more interesting than Björk even though he's more mainstream.
I read an article with Frank talking about he didn't want to be called an R&B artist because it's racism. But is it? Isn't that because we associate it with only black artists. But that doesn't mean that should be lower i hierarchy than rock or pop.
- OK, so I'll try and write again what I wrote in the other thread that got shut down, because Frank brings it up himself in GQ. What I wrote was:
Dani you posted about Frank having trouble identifying with gays and not being able to show all of himself with the odd future crew. But personally I'm glad that he moved away from the music style and industry that Miguel stands for. I think Odd future is much more interesting both how they do things, trying to making their own kind of music, clothes tv show empire. And you can feel it's from what they want to do. But the likes of Miguel and the way Frank himself worked before OF was much more to just fit into the industry. I think working with OF made him more courageous and that what you see in all his work now, all his attitude towards things. His way of coming out. And to me Odd Future musically is really interesting so I'm glad he's collaborating with them. and it's interesting that a hip hop collective, even though not perfect in any way, are much more eager to embrace gays in their group than you see in other parts of the black music industry. Even when hip hop is so homophobic.
Sidenote. I went through all of his lyrics from the Lonny Breaux collection with the songs Frank wrote mostly for others artists, and two of them has clear references to Dorothy's shoes in Somewhere over the rainbow. I just thought you wouldn't do that if you didn't at least to yourself identify as a gay person. :)
- But Dani I also agree with you that I think he maybe shows only parts of himself with the OF crew and I understand what you mean by that. And that's of course sad.
- Okay read the interview and love this guy as always-so articulate, isn't that wonderful? Especially as he is straddling that mainstream fence....can you think of another artist who is like this? Even on the cutting edge?
Anyway, I get the iffy feeling about the Bi issue, although I agree 100% with his answer because I do believe in non labels but again this makes the not so smart and crazy fan gurls thing he is possibly straight,despite what he just said. Just saw some tweet from a girl saying she was going to have his babies after reading the article....like really???
So, I get what ya'll were saying. But he doesn't want to lie because he is gay. Anyway, the gay blogs won't like it even though he has given the most honest view of what it feels like being gay then ANY other actor including Ellen or Neil Patrick Harris. He also gave a cool dig at people in the closet and those who want to keep them in there! Nice.
- R184 The Supreme shirt though - doesn't have to mean anything. could be Frank just wanted him to wear it for the video shoot.
But I still think there is something between them because of Aria's tweets. :)
- Good morning Hmmmmmmm! Continued: (sidenote; yes Miguel is one of the Men of the Year in GQ) Anyway, Ray was at his home recently I know as one of Ray's friends posted a pic of himself on Frank's keyboard at the window, but Ray is now very careful of posting pics with Frank.
Also, when Gilbert tweeted about "Niggas are dumb" the other day, I think it was in reply to a few tweet directed at him talking about Willy stole his man. Someone even sent him the video "The Boy Is Mine" by Brandy and Monica, and that's when he posted that tweet. When he posted about bitches being fake gay, I know he was going out to a club with Rob I think, and you know how chicks are always walking around, holding hands pretending to be gay? I thought maybe that's what he meant.
Anyway, back to the article, Hmmmmmmm, I think you're right about Odd Future being great for Frank, and opened his approach to the industry in sucha way that it's allowed him to become and Indie sort of artist, while everyone else is trying to fit into the RnB mould. Miguel included. HEven Miguel's approach to publicity is old-style. Do any interview. Show up to every red-carpet. Try to get as much publicity as you can. Frank on the other hand rarely does interview or red-carpets and people can't get enough of him. That Indie artist spirit works in his favor.
As far as Odd Future, again, i think they're good for Frank, but I think his talent so far eclipses practically everyone in that group. Most of them have a limited window because they're fan-base is so young and you can't really be 30 and still skateboarding and hope the next generation finds it believable. They'll have to grow up some I think to appeal to more people. Frank's music speaks to so many diverse groups, his potential is only limited by his own hand. I read a reddit interview with Christian Clancy and he said the same thing, and you can tell that although they manage Frank, Frank makes all the decisions and they just come along for the ride.
I was heartened by the interview though, because you can see Frank becoming more comfortable with being "out" as time passes. he's still on hallowed ground a bit though. In black music, whether he wants to identify it as RnB or whatever, I think he understand handing his reality to the community in smaller doses. Yes ME, I think the community though they'd never actually see him "date" anyone, as if he's just supposed to be a celebate hermit. One radio personality said as much,that she just never thought she'd see him with anyone, but whatever makes him happy. I think some people are slowly coming to grips in the black community and he certainly help. Others will forever be ignorant bigots and their voices speak loudly. Anyway, sorry if I'm rambling and disjointed this morning. I have so many thought in my head, it's hard to get them out before another pops in there, LOL.
Thanks for your reply.
On Raymonds twitter,he follows Alycia. Would he do so if he was with Frank? I also read his tweets and he was talking about some girl he liked. PLUS Raymond has provided vocals to Franks music and is credited. But that is as far as I know.
Royston,is Franks cousin. That's a done deal. He is always the go to for travelling w Frank.
Gilbert suspicions came because there friendship came out of leftfield-Frank has always been closer judging from tweets/photo's etc with Tyler, Taco, Hodgy, Chloe Clancy in OF. Then suddenly he takes Gilbert on tour w him?? His best friend/cousin leaves after the Swedish gig but Gilbert stays?? All the way? Then he takes Gilbert to NY for SNL...? I only saw a pic of Gil with a fan at the SNL studios...then he takes him to the MTV awards-behind Frank are the Clancy's,SkaLaflare-Frank's other cousin-and Gil's legs. He then takes Gil again to NY-Gil tweets to another guy about meeting Pharrell,as well as being in NY-...in between all this are the timings of when they tweet, it's around the same time..then when Frank goes to Paris w Royston,Gilbert tweets about being depressed and then posts an picture of himself on his instagram rolling weed in Franks apartment-look at the floor.
Add that Gil is also looks like he does and people have even said Miguel without thinking on tumblr.
Other tidbits are when Gilbert posted on his insta about when his ex dumped him via text and how he would never forget. In Frank's letter he alludes to the fact that he's heard you never just 'break up with anyone'.
Everything on Gilberts insta from July has to do w Frank somehow. I'm sorry but I have the best, best of friends but even they would draw the line to doing EVERYTHING with me from July to....because hey, they may have work!
Also, the same day that they got back from the tour,someone posted on twitter-which I posted here-that they saw Frank & his boyf looking cosy. These guys were legit as they were from a band. I also gave benefit of the doubt and thought he ran to his boyfriend but then I thought who's boyfriend would be happy that there boyfriend took across the world for 2 months a 'best friend'??! Inc the 'best friends' life long dream of going to Japan!??
So I smartly went back to Gil.
Also like you, whenever I posted about my theories on these two on tumblr, Gilbert would come out on his twitter with stupid comments about 'wanting a girlfriend'...he even went so far as to tweet some girl that they were starting something. Well, lol, the girl since has been stalking saying why did you never get back to me? The dude gets soo many girls saying they like him but he does nothing.
He also fits the 'new' relationship in the letter. Raymond wasn't/isn't new and has been close w Frank since Nostalgia-why would it take so long?
Frank said he has a special time,esp in Japan. The only 'friend' there was Gilbert-this guy following Frank to do a docu posted pics of Gil in Dubai and Japan-apart from a docu guy and Malay,who were only with these two when it was music related.
From his angry tweets since the Willy thing-no other friend has posted apart from Royston alluding-when Frank was on MTV or SNL-one tweet said "Frank",to me this is anything but a friendship.
The Willy thing is out of character but Frank doesn't usually post romantic relations on his social media-ones that mean something.
I think they def broke up tho,the "I quit" thing and Frank seems to have been trying to get Gilbert to change,Gilbert was always posting about having to change and after the "I quit",he posted days later a tweet about how "he doesn't fuck with the wrong people anymore" and Frank who NEVER sub-tweets,sub tweeted "very good."
I'm sorry but too much drama for 'just friends'!
It's tough because the Willy situ has to confirm they are not together but Gil was at the shoot so they are still friends...?
- R195 Good morning :) I agree, also think the others in Odd future don't have Frank's talent and artistic depth. But still I love that he is working with them. When he was coming out - for me it was like; At last! I listen to hip hop and Odd future, not soul and ballads or pop. I can relate to eminem and not to Adele. I also work with art but I can much more relate with scateboarding graffiti teenagers than Adele or whatever. At the same time as I identify with the gay community and follow all gay gossips.
so to me, Frank coming out and being part of OF was like christmas. :) It almost changed my view on what was possible. Because I didn't think it would happen. And in the way he did it. He's so right in the interview. He talks about love and heartache. Not from a distance, but form the inside. and if you have experienced it you feel every word he says.
Also abut Odd Future; To me their way of working is independent and it's because they collaborate. That's one of the strengths with black culture. They're only teenagers and have achieved so much. I wouldn't have happened if they were white. Than they would have been a boy band handpicked by a manager with no will of their own.
Do you follow OF? I LOVE what they stand for too and anyone who thinks they are homophobic truly knows nothing about these very sensitive, super bright, educated skaters from LA. They are needed so much in Hip Hop and got me interested again in the genre...
But I get really tired of their constant 'fag this', 'gay that' even if they are just saying it as a word...it's so tiresome and offensive-I'm no easily offended!
They are also really, really immature and have only lived in this cacoon of LA, inc Hodgy who I stopped following after a really ignorant remark he made about gays when he was in London.
You can say all you want about college but it opened my eyes. It opens ALL eyes. Especially if you live in vacuum where everyone looks, talks and behaves like you on the surface. These kids haven't been to college and although have a wealth of life experience you can't beat...it's again with people who look, think and act like THEM.
So Frank of course feels isolated because they accept HIM but judging from there tweets,they are still ignorant about same sex relationships.
You will see that Mike G, Syd and Matt also dip in and out of the OF shit, even though Mike G is in OF. It's harder for Frank because him and Tyler are like blood brothers,so he has to hang out more w them then I think he would if Ty was not his bro.
Is it windows where Frank raps about being close to suicide and seeing those kids playing around with cars at the park and how he went with them and starts to mention all of OF at a house listening to music.
That was very telling. Funny that no one has picked it up in the media but then suicide isn't a nice topic. :-(
- R198 No haven't been to college myself. I only teach at colleges. :) So I easily identify with this collab DIY style. And that's what I teach my students. But of course, it's important to educate yourself. And often it makes you less narrow minded.
Yes Window is telling. And I think that's why he came out. When you arrive at a dead end and there is only a choice between killing yourself and trying to honest to yourself the choice isn't that hard. But you really have to come to that dark experience that forces you to change your way of living. What he describes in the article about how it changed just after he posted the letter. the freedom. I think that too, honesty, to show yourself who you really are to people is such fantastic feel in itself.
- ME, my theory on Alycia is that she and Frank may have briefly dated or flirted, but I get a feeling that she's known for a long time that he's gay or suspected it. I think she was just willingly going to be his beard if he needed her to. She may have been one of the friends he confided in. He never posts any pics of or with her and I get the feeling that they aren't as close as most fangirls seem to think. I know she went to the concert in L.A., but so did all of his other friends. To my knowledge it seems like they haven't been around each other very much at all since the album dropped or even prior to that really.
As far as Aria, I think she was a piece of ass who didn't want to just be a piece of ass. Still, what straight guy gives up a willing piece of ass, to hang out with a gay guy, and then leaves the piece of ass thinking he's also gay if there is no truth to it. Most straight guys I know would not do that, so I think there was something going on with Willy and Frank, even though they clearly were working together.
OK, back to Gilbert and Ray. I just think that whenever Frank seems depressed or pining for his love, Gilbert is there, so who can he be talking about. When Ray left New York the last time, that's when Frank posted the second letter. Ray was only supposed to be there until Thursday, but stayed til Saturday. After he left, and Gilbert was still there, Frank posts the second note about "new" relationships. I don't think he and Ray started off as lovers, maybe just friends but maybe it developed that way. Look back at Frank's Instagram and see the pics with Frank and Ray. It's always the two of them just sort've hanging out, enjoying each others company, minus Royston or Gilbert. Frank is subliminal in his messaging and I think it's no mistake on the pics he tweets. Also, with Gilbert going on the trip with Frank, they posted pics of their seats on the Emirates Air Dubai-Tokyo flight, and while they were both in business class, they sat far away from each other. Not that that means anything, but you'd think a long flight like that, they'd sit together if they were indeed "together". Also, didn't Gilbert join the rest of OF on their tour after he and Frank came back from Tokyo? When Frank went to New York the first time, Gilbert wasn't with him. Frank flew out and joined OF briefly I think n Chicago and that's when Gilbert stayed with the rest of them if I'm not mistaken. When Frank came back, one of the few pics he posts on Instagram is of Ray. When Frank tweeted that "very good" to Gilbert, it was in reply to him saying how everyone want to know or be in the know, be put on, with Frank I presume. And how he was starting to not give a fuck anymore. And yes, I know Gilbert and Frank are still good friends, so the whole "I quit" thing wasn't directed at Gilbert. Did you see all of Royston's sub-tweets to Frank during that time? Anyway, Ray posted a pic of his new job the other day. He works at a VW dealership, but he also posted a pics of a huge box of Billionaire Boys Club merchandise he'd just been sent, presumably from Pharrell through Frank since it's Pharrell's line of clothes.
- I forgot to say, re the racial thing with R&B...it's because if he was white...say like Robin Thicke or even back in the day like Jamaroquai-he would not be called an r&b singer, like they aren't. He'd be called what he is, a musician, an artist or a singer song-writer.
When I think of r&b I don't think of Ocean, I think of Usher or Mary J Blige or even oldie r&b like Ottis Redding.
So it is racial, especially as he feels le isn't r&b,yet because he is black they lump him within that genre but this isn't just the white media, the black media do it the most.
I really love this new interview because he really shows the openness of his musical knowledge.
Typical tweet below-this twit probably won't even read this GQ article. Dumbass. And I bet the black blogs won't cover it as it will ruin their sissy, pathetic,wimpy view that they want all Afro Americans to see Ocean.
The best stunt of 2012 was Frank Ocean coming out a few days before the release of Channel ORANGE"
- R196, Yes ME, I know that Ray also follows Alycia. On his Instagram, a month or two before Channel Orange dropped, he posted a graphic of the CD cover. Alycia replied, "I stole this from you". He replied, "Why are you stealing from me" and she says "because I'm special". he says "Watch when I come over the next time" or something like that. So clearly he'd been over there with Frank, and obviously he was privvy to things that she was not. Also, why is he the only one of the guys with credits on Frank's album? He's not really a musician I don't think.
Again, back to Odd Future. I don't think they are homophobic or willfully mean, but just post some ignorant things sometimes. And while Frank came out and they were for the most part supportive, most of them had only heard rumors as well and were as shocked as the rest of America. Still, I don't think Frank is at a point where he's comfortable bringing a significant other around them, nor would they probably be comfortable just yet. That's another reason the whole Gilbert thing seems far-fetched. I don't think they'd hesitate making off-handed cracks at him if there was truth to it, or if they thought there was truth to it. Like when Frank and Tyler were on that radio show cracking on each other, Tyler called out Frank's sexuality way back then, but in a humorous way. Gilbert still hangs out with them and they never give him shit when he's always posting about girls.
Also, yes Frank has made mention of suicide more than once before he came out. Whoever this guy was, he really did a number on Frank. I commend him all the more for having the courage to go against the grain and just come out not knowing how it would be perceived. I wish when I was his age I'd had the courage to come out, instead I was outed. At the time, it was pure hell, but on the other side, it ended up being liberating. I can relate to how he must have cried like a baby when it was all said and done. I know I did.
- You know who I really wish Frank was with? Michael Uzowuru. He seems to have the kindest, gentlest heart and warmest nature. If he were gay, he'd be perfect.
- R202 My guess for Ray's contribution to Channel Orange is the guy laughing on the intro "Start". Feels very intimate and happy
- I knew I'd see stupid comments like this because he said he didn't want to answer the question.
Frank is reaching...
7m OMA @bumiSAYS
Frank Ocean's GQ article is a tad confusing. You made your sexuality transparent but when you're asked if your bisexual you get defensive."
90% of humans are in capable of analytic reading nor doing they comprehend reading between the lines. Of course this is the only thing she mentions in her tweets. Nothing about the brilliant article.
If I was the writer I would have pushed him on that but I guess she figures he's gay so? But still..
- R205 Yes, that tweet or still stupid ones like this a few minutes ago:
Katherine K. @katherine_Hk
Just saw someone use Frank Ocean's name synonymously with the word "homo" ... Yeah, bc admitting you might be bi def means you're a homo.
Our inability to think deeper and dig deeper than exactly what you read on paper is sad. Either we won't or we can't read between the lines, as you say, and I don't know which is worse. I look at the above tweet and there's just so much wrong with it, I don't know where to start. The thing is, the poster thinks she's being a loyal and enlightened fan, calling out the "homophobe" that called Frank a homo, At the same time she doesn't realize that A) If Frank were Bi, what part of bisexuality doesn't include also being a homosexual? B) What have you been reading that makes you think that Frank's not a homosexual? C). You're also a "homophobe" if you think that this guy calling Frank a "dirty" homo because he "might" be bi could actually make him a homo, putting emphasis that being a homosexual is somehow bad. All the fangirls do it, "he's not gay, he's bi". It's like, what's wrong with being either. It implies that somehow he's OK if he's Bi because at least he still likes girls. But if he's actually a homosexual...Uuh, don't get me started on them. They have no idea how offensive that is while they think they're being all supportive.
- Now that the article is online, most of the blogs of course tell the story like this "Frank Ocean Admits "Crying Like A F*cking Baby" After Releasing Open Letter: Odd Future's Frank Ocean delves int...", as if of course he cried, he is gay after all. I knew they'd focus on him being vulnerable as somehow the highlight of the article.
- R207 typical. hope people don't read it like that too much. I hope being truthful wins in the end and gets respect.
about the gay bi thing. yeah, I get so tired of it. They all want him to be bi, which is homophobic in it self I think. So just for that it would be nice if he at one point can say he actually is gay. to shut them up. In the beginning it was these hilarious explanations for him not even being bi, but straight. even after posting the letter.
- R208 Well I don't see how anybody with 2 brain cells can't read that article and see that he is clearly gay, but I guess people with 1 brain do exist and they'll still swear up and down that it was a one time thing. One girl did post on twitter, "Wow, so Frank Ocean is actually gay. I didn't want to believe it. Now I have no shot at all" or something like that. So some are clearly getting it, but yes him being 100% clear one day would be helpful.
Did you see what he posted on twitter a little while ago:
frank ocean @frank_ocean
what would you do differently today if you had no fear of anything
frank ocean @frank_ocean
do it, chicken
I tell you, it seems like he's getting bolder and more comfortable with everything every day.
- Yeah I saw that :)
- He's tweeting a lot now LOL
- Yes I know. He's happy today. Did you listen to the song he linked to "Freedom" on his tumblr page. You can tell he feels more liberated I think : ).
- I have a theory! I don't want to be wrong or sound stupid so I'm just gonna see how the rest of this day plays out. I'll post it if my intuition comes true!
- R212 No I hadn't! Now I have. I think so too. Very funny with the later tweet about not googling himself. haha everything about Willy C and the interview cryin glike a baby must have come up.
So what's the theory??!!!!
- PRETTY SURE GOOGLE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR A WAR BY THE END OF THE DECADE.
- R214 OK, it's a stretch, even for me. Don't laugh, my imagination runs away with me sometimes, LOL. OK, so Frank seems uncharacteristically happy and open today. Obviously he hasn't gone home for the holidays since he spoke of Everest and Everest doesn't usually travel with him If that Craigslist posting is to be believed, they are casting for his video tomorrow, so he may be there. Willy hasn't posted all day, in over 24 hours really, and it's already past 10pm in Paris and he usually posts something during the day, unless he's on a plane maybe? One of two direct flights from Paris to L.A. would land in L.A. at 1:15 today (I used to be a flight attendant, lol). Frank signed off from twitter at about noon, which might give him time to get to the airport. Wonder if they'd bring him here to shoot more? See how my brain works sometimes? Don't laugh, LOL.
- Haha Like the way you're thinking. LOL Hope so. I thought about Willy not tweeting, but not more than that :) so. yeah, and Frank is very open almost chatty today. But didn't W fly home like yesterday? We'll se :)
- Girl tweets:
Omw Too Meet Willy Cartier ♡♥♡♥ Im Nervous As Hell
47 minutes ago
- Ok, missed this. she also posts pic with text:
I m meeting Willy Cartier todaay! He supa cute *gay* model #frankoceanboyfriedn 11-20-12
- She's in New York though, right? Who is she?
just saw the tweet
- OK, well this girl is from L.A., but I don't know if she's in New York right now since she was the other day. If I'm right, OMG!
- If you're right you're the f*ing Sherlock Holmes of Sherlock Holmsies!
If she came to NY day before yesterday, she prob still there. Maybe Frank is going to NY...
- Hmmmmmmm, this is something to watch for, lol. I hate disjointed twitter's and hers is all over the place, but she doesn't seem like she's lying about meeting him. I wonder why she is though? Frank could be headed to New York or maybe that girl came back to L.A. Very interesting. If I'm right, I might change professions and become a detective. I think I missed my calling, hahaha.
- This is fun! LOL
first I thought she had a part in the video. But it was only the audition ow right? Strange if Willy C would attend that one. And don't think she is a model doing a job i NY either. Hmmm, strange
- She talks about doing a show and performing in different tweets. she seems super young
- Yeah, she seems like high school age. Well if what she says is true, at least we know he's stateside. This is very interesting indeed. She seems like the type that might ask him if he goes out with Frank too. Gotta watch her twitter. My boring day from work just got interesting : ).
- Wow, Frank Ocean really has some Stans on this thread! Not meaning to be nasty. I like him too, but damn gurls! LOL.
I must say hes working the mysterious thing to the hilt. He seems to understand that a little mystery makes him infinitely more interesting in today's pop landscape.
Also I don't know how someone can listen to Channel Orange and not think it's R&B. It's pure R&B. We just don't realize it because so much of music is truly about one of two things: sex or love. That's it. What makes Channel Orange so great is that it's a true work of art that covers all kinds of different things.
I think it's the best R&B album since Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. I just hope he doesn't have some artistic freak out and never releases another record.
- R228 haha LOL
- R228 I'll try not to take offense, lol. Anyway, Frank is a master marketer for sure. He knows how to keep his fans interested. I liken my Frank interest to a game or a puzzle. The more he tries to hide or be coy about, the more determined I am to put the pieces together, haha. With the internet and social networking, there really is little real hiding anyway. Friends and acquaintances are blabber-mouths, without even realizing it. And yes, I think Channel Orange is a brilliant album obviously. There's nothing else like it out there right now.
Anyway, I just returned home and I can see it's a boring night on twitter. Time to catch up on the shows I've missed.
Lol, it's not stanning. It's called being nosey at an interesting artist!And once it gets stan like,I tend to get bored and leave,like I did the Bomer thread where stans were just making weird sh*t up to suit there weird disillusions and coudn't take any criticism about Bomer. Boring!
I agree re Lauryn Hill but was that r&b? When I think of r&b I think of Maxwell-ahhh! or D'angelo-ahhh! or Usher-ahhhhhh!. I'm not a fan of new r&b at all and just don't feel that CO is r&b.
But I do love old r&b!
Dani, I don't think the Gilbert theory is far-fetched at all tbh and has more ground then the Willy one but who knows? and I actually think that he's friends/acquaintances etc are super sleuth!! I also think his stans are super sleuth too!!
Dude lives in Hollyweird and I've seen so many fan tweets saying he was with a guy but yet not once do they ever insinuate that it could be a boyfriend yet you and I KNOW if it was a woman,they would be ALL over that!
And the amount of times I randomnly have seen pictures of him w Gilbert somewhere, only to see the picture again in some stans tumblr w Gilbert cut off-I'm not banging on about the Gil theory,jus saying-is crazy.
I know for a fact that a lot of these stan sites don't post stuff about him to do with a guy, as I sent something through once they ignored,but they will spend several posts wildly speculating about him w Rihanna "because they'd be SO cute together!" (w that talentless whore?) or that him and Alycia are so cute as a couple,when no images of late have been seem of them together.
Lol,so we're tough!
Also,this is much more interesting then reading shitty celeb sites and as a problem solver who needs release from gruelling essays, it's fun!
- As usual knew the gays would whine about him not saying he was Bisexual-the Gawker article is so poor but I can't be bothered to argue on that.
I do like this article below on global grind and props to this lady for saying it as it is.
"When Frank Ocean sings, I listen. But when Lonny Breaux writes, something else happens. Waves of a new consciousness envelope me and suffocate my ability to comprehend how all of these perfectly constructed words can take on a life of their own.
Nostalgia, Ultra was the soundtrack to an entire summer of searching. It played in constant loop as I went on journeys I assumed would lead to finding myself post-college graduation. I never really knew if I was coming, going, settling or growing, but hearing those songs will always bring me back to a time of fleeting fear and freedom, a place I am sure someone on the brink of revealing their sexuality frequents.
I had no idea who Frank Ocean was personally, I knew nothing of his personal story, but I knew I loved him and I knew I would continue to love him song after song, track after track. I knew one mixtape in, that he would always be my Nostalgia, Ultra.
After a year-long love affair with his melodic sounds, I read one of the most beautiful pieces of literature I have ever come across: His coming out letter.
Word after beautiful word, Frank spoke about a summer he fell in love…and you know the rest.
Did I care that the elusive artist I had grown to love was once in love with a man? No. Did it break my heart that when he was singing the beautiful words of "Strawberry Swings" at concerts he would never pass me a wink that would be the beginning of our leap into a future of beautiful lexicons together? No.
It didn’t hurt one bit and I didn’t love him any less.
This morning, after Frank's coming out letter and one Channel Orange later, I sat down to read the GQ article in which Frank artfully dodged questions about the “boxing in” of his sexuality and labeling his sexual preference. Some presume that Frank isn’t open to admitting he's more than bisexual in fear of losing his fans, both male and female. But let's be honest, does it really even matter? Trey Songz could gyrate his well-oiled pectorals in circular motions until his hip joints fail, but does that mean he will ever choose you and only you to love and to muse? Most likely not.
In the GQ article, Frank Ocean reveals the sole reason he is able to sing about life, love and experience is because he loved, he lived and he experienced, and it just so happens that he experienced all of the aforementioned with a man.
“I had never been in love. I had never been heartbroken. When that happened, that's really what changed everything. That turned me into a real artist. It made the difference between somebody hearing something of mine and being like, "Wow, this is a fresh approach," and somebody hearing something and crying, you know?”
The truth is, without boxing in his sexuality, Frank leaves the ability to dream a free one. He maintains the power to sway the adoring women in the room, and the fantasizing men alike - why would one want to give up that spot?
Gay, straight, bisexual, it’s all moot. He is a human on the search for love, whether it's in search of love within himself, his music or another man, that is none of our business, as long as the end result continues to be beautiful.
I live by a simple rule: if it's love let it be love, if it’s lust, allow it to be lust, but just don’t muddle the reality of others while searching for your own inspiration. Frank Ocean hasn’t muddled our reality, he’s simply altered the fantasies of a few adoring female fans who believed they would be “the one.”
Gay, straight or an elusive place in between, the ladies will always love Frank Ocean because after all, what good is a jewel that’s still precious? -Rachel Hislop "
Because there is no way dude isn't gay but I do think a part of him is being strategic as he sees this as business,though to not lose his soul,he balances this by being more transparent on social media.
- R231 Nosey. Yes, that's what we are. And problem solvers : ).
ME, I'm going to give your Gilbert theory some weight today. Investigate it myself. It's not even that I think he doesn't fool around with Gilbert, I've said as much, I just never thought it was love or anything. I guess mainly because when Gilbert is with him he still seems to always be longing for something. So at most, I thought it might be occasional fooling around, but not love. It doesn't seem like he'd put himself through being in a relationship with a closeted person again, but maybe he has, so we'll see. Gilbert, for his part, doesn't seem too concerned with Frank's feelings if it's true. Always after women or pretending to be anyway. You said there were pictures from the documentarian that followed them on their trip around the world? Where can I find those?
Maybe too, I never gave it much weight because most of Odd Future doesn't interest me in the least, outside of their interaction with Frank. I've never seen Frank out, but I've seen most of the guys in Odd Future several times in Hollywood and the Fairfax district just hanging out doing stupid things. The last time I drove down Fairfax around Halloween, they were kicking and smashing a pumpkin to pieces in the street, slowing down traffic. I've even seen Gilbert walking Everest in Hollywood recently, but I've never seen him and Frank walking the dog together. I live only 4 or 5 blocks from the building Frank just moved into and no-one would even look twice at the two of them together in this area. I guess that's why I've always just thought of him as an assistant and friend.
Willy on the other hand stood out mostly because of the GQ event. It just seemed so out of character to show up at any event, much less one filled with paparazzi where he didn't have Kelly deflecting questions from reporters. But to show up with Willy out of thin air and have him walk the carpet as well when he knew there'd be speculation? He's got lots of friends, why take this stranger. That night with Willy is when he tweeted "time, in fact, does not fly when you're having fun... it jogs." It reminded me of his letter when he said that when he spent time with his first love "time would glide". I just thought he was being really deliberate with those words.
The author of you second posting captured my feeling about Frank's music perfectly. Beautifully written.
- More typical comments from black men/women..
"Genius with a Penis @TheSnob
!!!!!! RT @iamKeithan: Frank Ocean is trying to use his sexuality to stay relevant."
Urgh. I need to stop torturing myself with ignorant people but this guy has like 5K followers! WTF is wrong with people?? And did they not read how uncomfortable he was with talking about his sexuality? The guy can't win.
This reminds me of Obama; the liberals hate him and the gays hate him, despite the fact that he is the ONLY democratic (or any) president who has furthered their cause more so then any.
Damn, these pictures I just saw randomnly and because I don't have a fanfic tumblr-it's arty-I haven't like reblogged or liked any of the images. Sorry. But they were on tumblr, put in frank ocean & also gilbert wallace (it will be a long search!)-gilberts instagram-francisco soriano's instagram and frank ocean insta search. Also check G's twitter.
I agree with u re Gilbert and I think that's why he broke it off-it all fits. Especially when G started tweeting about how lonely and depressed he was. When I was stalking G's tweets, I thought exactly what you did and thought to myself-this MUST piss off Ocean, this dude is really childish and is NOT ready to be in a same sex relationship.
I also don't think G is gay. I think Frank was his first and will probably be his last. But they are still close-you don't spend 24/7 with someone for 2 months and then do it again weeks at a time in NY (separate occasions) to not be super close-he has been there through the whole coming out, walking off stage, the japan holiday, the SNL experience and so I don't think it's that easy for them to just break off the closeness,y'know? That's why it seems so odd why they would still be in contact if they were in love.
Also, I love Frank BUT I think there is some truth in that media take out story about him with Tricky-Def Jam guy who discovered him-and also Ocean having a thing for straight boys.
The guy likes to be challenged, likes a chase and thrives off complex situations....y'know?
I also think because he was straight for so long plus has lead that life for so long with sex with guys undercover that he probably feels more comfortable with curious straight guys and Bi men...
Dunno,just my thoughts.I def think he seduced G.
& I am game with the Willy thing...he is too much of Frank's type for nothing to have gone on OR for it to happen.
- R235 I too am worried about Frank having a thing for straight boys. Or at least now with Willy. There is something there, everything points to it. But Willy seems to have been only with girls before, so I'm worried he is only curious and charmed and flattered.
Gilbert totally straight. Well.. he pings when he dances in the Terry video.
But I have no idea what to think about if he and Ocean have had anything. I thought that at first but then with the second letter it didn't fit. He talks about a relationship that suffers from him being away all the time. and that doesn't fit gilbert. who was with him. Anyway seems like history now.
Obama - can't understand why gays complain about him. That he stood up for marriage equality before the election. I mean, cmon
More about Frank having a thing for straight boys. Miguel, he doesn't really give off much of a straight vibe, so... I'm more into your theory about his asian boyish taste
- R235 & R136 I totally gave weight to the Tricky Stewart story, but I never thought that Tricky was "the One". I read this on UrbanInformer once:
“I know about what goes on behind the scenes cause I work as an engineer in recording studios. I worked w/ Frank & I know the people that hang in his circle real well. Before Frank revealed that he was bisexual he was kinda in the closet. He was a mouthpiece for a lot of closeted married and single bicurious/bisexual men in the industry. A lot of these dudes have a sexual fetish for being serviced by other men. In the very very beginning Frank kinda passed as a straight dude so he didn’t arise any suspicion when he was always seen staying late or spending the night with certain dudes that he kicked it with all the time.
The open secret in small industry circles is his affair with his married producer Trickey Stewart. He was good friends with the wife Makita however he betrayed her by sleeping with her husband. the most scandalous is how he serviced Trickey in the living room on their sofa while she was right upstairs sound asleep. he did this a lot after studio sessions until she discovered what was going on Frank is a nice eccentric young man however he can’t really be trusted cause he ruins every friendship he has with women. He is addicted to the thrill of pursuing men who are in heterosexual relationships. a lot of his female friends fell for his charm, trusted him as a friend only to get burned when they discovered he tried to make a pass at their men behind their back. It’s awful when he is in a relationship with a woman cause they don’t know whether the guy’s he kick it with all the time are just friends or a sidepiece. All his relationships w/ women don’t last long at all.”
I didn't believe all of it, but I believe there is some truth in there. I do think he has a thing for straight men too, and maybe even thing for the drama of it all. I don't think Gilbert is gay either. Frank would probably have been his first if they did mess around, and yes probably his last. Frank once wrote on his tumblr, "Humans need sex and companionship" or something to that effect, and I just don't think he's traveled around for months since coming out getting none, so yeah maybe he fooled around with Gilbert. But would Gilbert be ready for a same-sex relationship? Nah, I just don't see it. So this new love wouldn't have been Gilbert it seems.
- If he recoils from using the term "bisexual," ya know he would freak out if you called him "gay." Not that this is unusual for any dude who is attracted to dudes, but people should not call him gay.
- Also, it seems that Frank has been documenting this past several months, but all of his projects seem to take so long to come out. The pyramids video took forever. much longer than a typical edit on a music video. Maybe he's documenting up until the Grammy's or BET Awards or something and then will put it out. I'd be totally interested in what his year has really been like As much as he'd like to show anyway.
- Some of you must not have close platonic relationships with heterosexual dudes. It is nothing to be concerned about. A lot of bi/gay dudes today do, and it's all good. Bros are a great thing!
- A question for Dani...
Who in the hell is Frank Ocean?
Google is your friend. Don't be shy. I use it ALL the time!
Go on my friend-no one's your mummy on internetz lol!
He is. That Francisco dude is documenting it all. Since the sweden thang.
Ahh, thank you. Phew. Got really confused there. Thanks again.
Okay noted. Will never. Call. Him. Gay. Thanks again anon. So wise.
People were stupid,dumb and dumber to think Frank's first love was Tricky or Kanye. Dude only goes out with hotties!
We'll agree to disagree-I think it's G. His tweets. His anger over this Willy thing etc etc. Again, my mate walked during her lunch hour to bail me out when I was travelling in Barcelona and she was barely on a lot of money BUT I think she would draw the line as travelling around the world with me for months on end plus to cities and not think about her own career!?
Anyway,until otherwise we're at a stalemate Dani ;-)
- R244 LOL at the Google crack. As far as Gilbert, I think he gets paid. I assumed that was his job, working and traveling with Frank. He tweeted to someone a while back that he was looking at apartments to rent, and you can't spend all your time with Frank and work some other job too. He must have some form of income and in L.A. they definitely want proof of employment to rent you a place.
Not that I don't think he provided other forms of service occasionally, LOL. But for now, yes stalemate ME!
- That Tricky rumour was posted a few days after Frank came out. If someone really had this inside information why the hell wouldn't they say before he came out? That would have given it some credibility. As it is it just sounds like something made up by a woman who's paranoid about gay men "stealing" their boyfriend.
- R246 Who would've cared about Trickey Stewart and Frank Ocean BEFORE Frank came out. Frank was barely known, and while Trickey is known in industry circles, he's not exactly hot gossip fodder.
- I think, in fact I know that R241 was being facetious. Obviously Dani and a few others are obsessed with this topic and have no life.
- Haha, well then how sad is your life that you lurking this topic to see what we post gives your life meaning?
- R247 He was not unheard of in the right circles. That story was first posted on Lipstick Alley which had plenty of gossip about him before he came out. The anonymous account they have there is basically an invitation to make things up. There are also a ton of posters there who are obsessed with gay men stealing their boyfriends.
It wasn't his apartment-it was a friends and he's always talking about how broke he is!
As far as I know that rumour wasn't that NEW. Since Novacane went really big back in April 2011-there's been quite a bit of goss about him, inc the Tricky thing, as well as Alycia shit.
But so what? Why does r241 care? What does it have to do with them? Is this not a gossip site!! For chrissakes, I never understood why commenters care so much about what others want to post. If you don't like it..Go. Datalounge has sooo many posts, that sometimes I can't even remember the last random post I made...so why the hell put yourself into a thread you done give a FUCK about?
Do you not think i am TIRED of the Anderson posts? Or stupid posts about Twilight? Or about elder gays? Etc but am I posting how pathetic these posters are to do the 3000th post on Anderson Cooper??!
Come on. Keep the bitchy comments to celebs.
I agree about the mental posters on that site. INSANE homophobic women who are so dumb, ignorant and uneducated about anything that doesn't look like THEM.
- I heard plenty of gossip about him, but never the Tricky thing. If you Google it the first reference seems to be an anonymous post on Lipstick Alley (just after he came out) from someone claiming to work in a recording studio. Then the other places that reported it have just taken it word for word from that forum. The original post sounds like total bullshit. If it had just said that Frank and Tricky had an affair I maybe could have believed it but the rest of the story is ridiculous so I'm 95% sure the whole thing is made up by a homophobe.
- R252 I don't know whether the Trickey Stewart story is true or not, but Trickey didn't dispute it and neither did his wife. Again, I don't think he or Kanye were the One, but I wouldn't be surprised if elements of the Trickey story were true. Kanye just seemed like gossip bloggers throwing lies against the wall to see what might stick. There's all types of gossip going around in Hollywood. I hear it everyday. Most gossip usually comes from a morsel of truth somewhere in my opinion. Frank's penchant for straight men might just be the truth in that story
Anyway, in other tidbits since I'm actually gossiping on a gossip site; Frank liked Willy's Shirtless Indian pic on Instagram. He doesn't usually like many pictures. Bold that he picked this one to like, I thought.
- R253 Did he!!!?? :)
- R254 Yup, he did.
- So I wonder. Where is Willy now?
- I don't know. He tweeted a video today but didn't say where he was. Loo.ks like Frank might be in new Orleans
- R253 He's not going to deny a random internet rumour, it'd just bring more attention to it. I don't usually totally dismiss gossip, but this one just doesn't have the ring of truth to it in my opinion.
- R258 Again, I don't know. The only thing is, if you're going to completely fabricate a story, you'd think the poster would come up with someone more interesting than Trickey Stewart. Frank's worked with dozens of producers that might have been more salacious than Trickey and his unknown to most wife Makita. It just seems too random to be fabricated 100%. But then again, some random nobody could have just read the producers credits off Nostalgia Ultra and said, I've got the perfect story to make up. I'll even throw in a blow job on the living room sofa while the wife (Oh, I better find out her name since I'm some random nobody with no knowledge)is asleep upstairs to make it sound even more legitimate.
Just seems like a lot of randomness to have no knowledge at all. But hey, what do I know?
- R259 That's exactly what you do if you want to make a plausible sounding rumour. The more details the more people will believe it (as your post shows).
I also think that if Frank was so indiscreet that a random engineer knows the details of his sex life there'd be a lot more gossip about him. In reality it seems like even some people who know him were surprised when he came out.
Willy is in the new Rolling Stones video-that was what he tweeted,unless u r talking of something else?
That is BS and you know this! I worked whilst at university in the music and arts industry in London and boy can some stories be told..namely about Kate Moss. BUT it never came out. Why? Because no one would squeal as they still worked there...and also don't give a f*ck. I could tell u some stuff but why? I don't want to but I will say she is a bitch!
Gossip about Ocean and Tricky is nothing new. Understand THAT. Also understand that human nature is funny...if you're at the bottom-with them-they won't gossip about you BUT once you shift and excel...dude, just watch some of your so called best friends fuck u over!!
- R262 That makes no sense - if stories are told then it HAS come out. There's no point in discussing this any more. If people want to believe every single piece of gossip they hear about a celebrity then that's their prerogative. I prefer to look at the source and decide how reliable it is. The source for this is clearly bullshit.
I'll tell you something funny about human nature - people make up crap and post it on the internet.
- r239 if he put out a "My Truth" style docuseries or something I'd lose it.
Also, I hate the shade he gets for being bisexual and I'm so sick of everyone, gays included, trying to put everyone else's sexuality in some neat little box. We get it, you think girls are icky. It doesn't mean everyone else does, especially someone who had presumably real relationships with women before discovering men.
I truly can't wait to see him in concert. My BFF can't stand him tho. Thinks that CO is crap and he can't sing. I think he's freaking nuts, but you'll be surprised how many gay men are Frank Ocean haters. Crabs in a barrel...
Oh, and Nostalgia, Ultra is just OK. Doesn't really resonate as the work of art that CO is. But there are some nice songs.
We'll never know unless something comes out...
Agree about gay dudes and Frankie. Also black folk. 90% of of the hate he gets in social media is black people, gay black men and then gay men.
Crabs in a barrell indeed!
- Frank Ocean did not go to New Orleans for Christmas.. I follow on of his friends on IG and she was at his house Wednesday night and they're at a brunch right now. Her instagram is Meganabboud. If there was any tension between Royston and Frank like one of you said it seems to be over because Royston's at the brunch too.
- I didn't mean Christmas I meant Thanksgiving!
- R266 Yeah, Ray posted an instagram pic from his house Wedsnesday night as well so I'd figured he hadn't gone to New Orleans after all. I think the guy in the pic with him was that Megan girls brother. Also, I believe Royston went to Paris with Frank as well, so I figured whatever happened between them was over.
I started my Black Friday shopping on Fairfax today, and when I tell you I NEVER see Frank, even though others tweeted that they'd seen him in the OF store and eating at one of the restaurants there today, but it seems like I can turn around in L.A. and bump into Tyler, or Taco or Nakel. I see them ALL the time random places in Hollywood or on Fairfax. Anyway, I only stayed over there long enough to hit a couple of stores since Melrose and then Best Buy were my more important targets. The lines at the OF, Supreme and Diamond stores were crazy though and I definitely don't shop in the OF store anyway so no reason to stick around. I'll see him around one of these days though, LOL.
I never brought that weird tension between Frank & Royston. Royston is his cousin. I think the person who said this was dead set on Raymond being Frank Oceans bf.
- Royston is not Frank's cousin. They're just friends. The only person that's truly related to Frank is Chito aka SK LaFlare
- R266 R270 I didn't think Royston was his cousin either, but I don't know. The reason I thought Frank and Royston had a falling out, or at least a spat was because the night Frank posted Yeah, I quit, Royston definitely called him out all over twitter. He wasn't even hidden in who he was talking about, posting Losers quit, and post after post that night of the 24th into the morning of the 25th. He and Elias got into a conversation about it and Royston was pissed, you could tell, because he kept posting until it got off into some other subject. Anyway, maybe Royston is just the friend or family member that doesn't hesitate to call you out on your bullshit, which is great. I'm sure at this point Frank's got so many "yes" men around, that you need someone to tell you like it is without fear of ruining the relationship. I know that Frank used to follow Royston on twitter too, but stopped following him at some point as well. They are obviously still friends though.
How do YOU know? Anyway,don't shoot me,I just read it on one of Frank's stan blogs when a girl posted that Royston-his cousin-was going away on tour w him & Gil because the stan had got it wrong about the tour. So don't shoot me! There also seems to be a New Orleans familial resemblance.....plus Frank goes on about his family already in LA. On one of his insta,his cousin/half brother calls him out on not speaking to his Dad-who is in LA. I clicked on the poster and boy does he look exactly like Frank! But whatevs.
Oh okay. Sorry. I only found Royston's twitter a few days back and maybe he deleted those tweets cause I didn't really see anything, well not much. I agree w you which is why Royston is obv such a close person in his world. Around that time G was acting weird too..tweeting one of his whiney depressed stuff...
Aaaanyway Dani,Willy just replied to a poster on his Insta that he is in LA from Monday...could your theory be right? ;-0 The vid is on the fri & sat....lol
I am soo intrigued for this video! Dancers??! Are we listening to the same song??! Wooah...but hey is Nabil so it will be excellent as always!
- [quote]There are also a ton of posters there who are obsessed with gay men stealing their boyfriends.
I've noticed this too, and this view seems to be common in forums frequented by black women (no I don't mean to start something racial or stereotype an entire culture), has anyone else noticed this trend? The atmosphere is almost hostile to gay black men in particular.
- R272 Wow, so Willy is coming to L.A. on Monday :)? Cool. If indeed the video is true, it shoots later in the week. Wonder what they're doing until then? I hope there's lots of interesting interaction between he and Frank. I know that Aria chick has been posting for him to call her, can't forget him, etc. I guess she's over her tantrum but looks like he's ignoring her.
Also, did you see Frank called out/responded to some chick on insta yesterday that called him a Fag? Frank also posted insta pics of his dirty Nike "Rainbow" Chukka sneakers on insta. Not sure if they're part of the LGBT inspired Nike Be True "Rainbow" line and campaign they put out this summer, but those sneakers came out the same time with the same "Rainbow" color scheme. Doubt if Frank wouldn't know this, so maybe he really is getting more comfortable identifying as LGBT.
Anyway, if you go back to Royston's twitter, and these tweets started right after Frank posted that I quit, Royston replied with "Idk. Follow intuition and do what you feel.", then "Isn't it lovely to have someone to blame from your choice" "Okay. So today ill be like,"Religion, eh. Idk". Then tomorrow ill commit to the journey back to the garden." "Losers quit when they're tired. Winners quit when they've won." After that Michael Uzowuru tweeted "i just want all the bro's and bro-ette's to be happy" and Royston retweeted it. Then Royston went into a convo with Elias, calling him conniving, fucking people over indirectly, being a phony altruist, having some kind of anxiety disorder. Then they both talked about how they the "fuck boys" were on twitter talking recklessly. Anyway, a few days later Royston posted about how bad he felt, like someone had killed his dog or like he had lost love or something. A few days after that Frank took him to Paris.
- R273 There is an ingrained idea in the black community that most gay black men are on the DL, so some black women have this unfounded mistrust of gay men. In truth, because being gay in the black community still has a stigma attached to it (though it is slowly getting better), there is still a small proportion of gay black men that will never come to accept themselves as such and will live that downlow lifestyle forever. I think that's why I identify with Frank so much and root for him so hard. Whether he knows it or not, he does a lot to dis-spell the old stereotypical ideas of what it means to be black and gay, by just coming out and being visible.
- Oh my god how thirsty is Aria?? U see that tweet she did of her and Willy kissing with "call me..maybe" WTF??
Lol,remembers me SO much of Alycia behaviour w Frank until he posted that 2nd letter!
You know-I don't have a clue BUT this sounds like his 'quitting religion'?? That Royston dude is REALLY religious...I can barely read his tweets which is why i prolly missed all you wrote. It's like that other cousin. Really? Get a life about christianity, don't you have OTHER interests? So boring!
Durhh! I don't think it's starting any racial thing, anyone with an internet connection and a brain can find this on forums. As a black woman I find it disgusting. Humiliating. Dumb. Ignorant. Retarted. Slow. Urgh, I can go on and on. It's like read a book or two will ya??!
Oh and Dani, like I said before, I knew SO many girls like Aria and Alyssa when I was at college. They were fun to party with but they were boy crazy beyond sanity. They wouldn't nec be whores..but guys ALWAYS came first and they would chase a man they wanted to the death,even the guy wasn't interested.
Lol! Not the healthiest way to start a relationship.
- Urgh, Dani I keep on forgetting to answer some of your stuff so I keep on making multiple posts but yeah, I saw him calling out that girl. I def agree he seems much more content w who he is.
Re the shoes,I don't know. Gilbert has the same ones. See his instagram-the last picture BUT they could be Frank's as he appears to have been house sitting as he is in Frank's home.
- R276 Exactly! I don't know what Willy did to Aria, but that's the thirstiest chick on the internet. Obviously she has been trying to get his attention non-stop. I guess she's tried embarrassing him, calling him out, and now she's at begging practically. As far as Alycia, I very rarely have read her texts. I just never bought the she & Frank story. Has anyone ever seen them together period since the album came out? Plus, she seems so full of herself, I just can't.
- It seemed to me that Alycia liked people thinking she was with Frank because it was getting her attention. I don't know if she actually thought she had a chance with him. Maybe I missed something, but it doesn't seem the same as the Aria thing (who is clearly insane).
- R277 Royston is really religious. Sometimes. But his tweets make a lot more sense than his cousin SK Laflare. I never know what the hell he's talking about.
Another reason I thought he had something going with Ray is because he's so lowkey with Frank and on insta whenever someone makes reference to him either being gay or alluding to it he never, ever disputes it and never deletes the comment. Plus, unlike Gilbert who seems to have a job of some sort on tour at least, Ray doesn't but Frank still flew him to New York and took him on tour last time. They've been hanging out every day since Wednesday too. Has he ever flown Alycia anywhere? No.
- R281 Haha, Aria is definitely insane!
But Royston is No romantic interest. Dude,he isn't cute and lets be honest,we love frank but dude is SHALLOW. Royston is a family friend.
Or are you talking about Raymond? How do you know they've being hanging out?
But READ Alycia's tweets Dani & r281-she is OFF THE CHART. SO similar. They did go out but it was very similar with this Aria thing, where it's friends w benefits BUT the girls want more and think they CAN/WILL get more.
Thing is if I was a straight guy, I would totally try out Frank. Intelligent groundbreakers are soo attractive!
Also,if Ray has been hanging with Frank since Wednesday. That throws away your theory about Frank and Willy, cause why the hell would you hang out with your ex 'love' before you hook up w someone new?
Also, Frank didn't have any merch to sell at the last concert but he did with this one. Why didn't he take Ray? Instead of G? He was away with G for 2 months....didn't Ray miss him?
- Also, it Raymond doesn't cover the 'new' relationship.
Too confused lol!
We're dealing w smart people here...my lazy gossip ass may have to quit cause it just doesn't make any sense....though relationships never do!
I'm gonna go w the now. We'll see if this Willy thing is true..
- R284 No, I was talking about Royston in the beginning of the message, but Raymond as a love interest in the second half. I think he and Raymond have/had something going on. I didn't think they started as a "relationship", but maybe developed into one months ago. Plus to put Ray on the Thinkin Bout You cover? Why not Alycia or any woman for that matter? Frank is deliberate sometimes. I know they've been hanging out everyday because of that Megan girls tweets. She said she'd hung out with the same people everyday and talked about Everest trying to hump her last night. Ray calls her his little sister and she'd only be hanging out with Frank if Ray was there too. I got the feeling that when she and the rest of their friends left Frank the other day that Ray may have stayed because when their friend Ibrahim posted pics of them all smoking after,Royston and the others were there in the pics but no Ray. Or maybe he was taking the pics. I don't know. Some of his other friends have posted pics from Frank's new place, but the one pic Ray posted from there didn't have Frank in it. He's really careful about there relationship and even stopped his follows on Insta and twitter after speculation started that they might have something going on, trying to put fake distance between them. Ray's friend's are also really careful to not make a lot of reference to Ray in association with Frank on twitter even though they only hang out with Frank in association to Ray and Royston it seems.
I'll read Alycia's tweets, but I just thought that back in the beginning they may have had a thing but that she was one of the people he'd confided in about being gay. She certainly wasn't surprised when he came out. I also believe that she likes people thinking that there was/is something going on with them, but again, why does he never fly her anywhere to be with him? Even last year when he took Ray with him, why not Alycia? You know she would've gone. He barely remembered her birthday months ago.
- R285 Well, I know that if Frank did or does indeed have a "new" love, when does he hang out with this person? He seems to always be with, Gilbert, Ray and Royston, or Tyler and those guys. I assumed his love is in that mix or associated with that mix somewhere. When he was away with Gilbert and Royston, he would tweet Mishu (miss you) sometimes. Ray was the one at home. Plus his second meloncholy letter about the new love was posted right after Ray had left him in New York and he made reference to "when you're in a relationship you're never supposed to just leave." When he came back to L.A. he seemed happy again and he posted the pic of he and Ray on Instagram.
I don't know how things with Willy will play out. Will be interesting though.
- Been on work trip. Now back to real work! :)
So much. I'm confused
My theory is. Aria and Willy has def been together. From the pics from both of their instas and their tweets. Now Aria obviously thinks Willy is dating Frank. And Willy hasn't done anything to tell her otherwise. so I assume Frank and Willy have something going on. Otherwise Willy should have told Aria nothing was going on.
Embarrassing with Aria telling willy to call him.. Maybe. What is that. Still worries me. Hope willy doesn't fall for that. I don't trust curious guys...
OK. Back to Frank's love interests. Frank and Willy has something going on.
But I thought Buck was his former affair. From all the different things we've talked about. If he was a friend like M Uzowuru he wouldn't be so secretive with their friendship. AND - you don't put a friend on Thinkin bout you cover.
But then I saw the Buck's photo of him and guy on his lap (who is that?) in Frank's apartment. (Love his carpet. Makes our work much easier :) With text "Me and my bitch". Would Buck if he had been together with Frank and they had their "last thing" as late as some weeks ago after NY hang out so relaxed at Franks and joke about it. Seems too relaxed to me for someone maybe being dumped.
So - I'm confused. what do you all think?
Couldn't find the Insta where Frank called out the chick. What did she say and did he answer? That's very unusual. He never answers. Then we know he has read all the other comments about him and Willy.
So... tomorrow night... W is coming...
- How can you see Meganabboud's Instagram? It's private.
- R289 Hi Hmmmmmmm! That guy on the pic with Ray is that Megan gir's brother. It seems a bunch of them have been hanging out with Frank this week. They're all Ray and Royston's friend's though. The caption was just a joke, but someone commented, "I knew you were gay" and he didn't reply. he never does when people say stuff like that to him on Instagram. Another of Ray's friends was with him at Frank's week earlier this month and posted a pic from Frank's too. You're right, Ray seems to go to such lengths to be so secretive about the friendship if that's all it is. I assumed it was back on after New York because when Frank came back he got happy again and posted a pic of Ray on Insta. But then Willy came along, so I don't know. We will see beginning tomorrow : ). Ray has definitely been with him every day since Weds. though, but in a group of friends.
As far as Frank commenting on the Insta photo, it's the pic with the Fop from his window. Some girl posted "Fag", then "JK", then "ILY". A few others commented on her comment then Frank said "Thanks for the joke Deniece. Very rare and innovative". When another poster told him to not just respond to the retards on the board he told her "luv you too breh".
- R290 You can't see her Insta but she posts pics on twitter sometimes. Nothing great though, but she tweets everything. There other friend posted a pic of the group of them at dinner the other day but Frank hid his face. That's another thing, Frank follow some of Ray's friends even, but not Ray. And they aren't great friends of Frank's obviously because they are too excited that they get to hang out with him. Doesn't make sense.
- Thanks Dani! What does Jk and Ily mean?
- R293 JK (joking) ILY (I Love You)
- R287 I also think he confided in Alycia about being gay (or he might have said bi to her:). she was very proud of him when he came out. Tweeted can't believe I'm being part of something historical etc
She also made someone else's tweet about she was the one Frank was kissing in the end of Channel Orange a favorite. So I think, probably they had something and I agree, even if Frank isn't that interested, she wants people to believe otherwise.
But anyway I believe she is on Channel Orange kissing Frank. That's why I think Raymond's participation on CO is the laughs in the beginning. Like Frank embeds the whole record with his two relationships. That's why I used to think Ray was his first love and Alycia the one he wanted to get away from, as he stated in that interview. Where he talked about his two relationships that the record was about.
- R295 Yeah she totally wants people to believe that. He isn't kissing at the end of CO though, it's like feet shuffling, walking outside, not kissing. She's the woman talking though I believe.
- Raymond retweeted this once and I thought he was talking about Frank. "I just want one relationship, with no cheating, no lying, no ex's getting in the way."
- OK, I have to listen again :)
- R298 Whoa! I think I'm on to something Hmmmmmmm and ME. That chick Megan, Raymond's "little sister" tweets everything and tonight she is going in. I think she's talking about Frank and Rayymond!. I mean who else does she know who's popular and in the media? These are her tweets in the last 5 minutes: "Why do people wanna be popular and be known?" "How do you benefit from people idolizing your life?" "Do you feel important when people know you and wanna be like you?" "You can be the most popular person in LA but none of these people care about you or give any type of fucks about you." "When you're struggle, nobody is gonna help you." "Why do people hold on to dysfunctional relationships?" "What is the purpose?" "You guys haven't had a good day in three months, he cheats, you guys fight and argue but you still wanna be with him." "I mean, I guess." "Yo imma stop cause I'm talking to myself lol." "And I feel like I'm annoying everyone that follows me." "Like people now days really feed into the bullshit of the media. Nobody has a mind of their own." "People really make decision based on other people's decisions." "And don't get me wrong, it's cool and natural to look up to somebody but you guys looks up to the wrong people" "Think about the guys and girls you pursue"
- Ahh,Frank seems happy in his tweets?! Lol, that dick tweet! Well Willy should arrive in LA soon! ;-b
- R299 OMG, if that's about Frank and Ray it's really something! Agree Frank is the most likely celeb but you never know. she might know someone else. but the most popular person i LA. Frank should be the one. But we don't know if she is talking about the same person in the cheating tweet. could also be about another couple. But.. anyway.. Very interesting. In that case, does she mean Frank is cheating on Ray with Willy?
It's strange, I can't read her twitter either, says private.
R301 LOL The dick tweet :) haha very bold.
And Willy is tweeting when he leaves for LA. With all the buzz his last visit i LA made, he can't really mind that everyone thinks he is dating Frank.
What will happen :)
- R301 R302 Hmmmmmm you might be trying to follow the wrong one. Her name is @MegaaNastyy. I don't follow her and it's not locked for me. She is a tweeting mess. Probably had 50 tweets in 10 minutes. She kept going on getting into not liking religion until Royston told her to shut up, she wasn't smart. All those suspect tweets were in rapid succession, so I thought maybe she meant Frank and Ray. When she got on the media and stuff I really thought it, since I never saw her tweet about knowing another celeb. She doesn't hesitate to let it be known that she knows Frank.
Yes, Frank is in a good mood. And Willy is on his way. I hope this turns out to be truly interesting.
- R303 Thanks. found it :)
- People coming out these days really isn't news. Unless they are hypocrites, like preachers or right wing politicians. When he came out it wasn't a big deal to me. He's just one of many and decided to share his personal business. Big deal.
BUT do you think its about this Raymond guy? Or Frank w Willy?
Alot of twitter people inc his friend Shaun think its BS about Frank & Willy.
So what's the deal?
I just now think that Willy and Frank are together-BUT its new...so I will wait and see.
i don't think he does mind. I really think these two are hooking up...
On a purely animalistic level-and I know nothing of this Ray stuff-the texts speak for themselves.
It's too coincidental...
- R306 None of us really know do we? Just speculation. I know his friend Shaun thinks it's untrue, but Aria the chick he'd obviously been sleeping with thinks it's true. Why let her continue to bash him all over twitter if it's untrue. Unless he really likes Frank, it is true and he just doesn't care?
But then again, I have had this suspicion about Raymond for a while. There's too much there that doesn't make sense. I guess we'll see when Willy get's here. Who knows, he may be coming for a completely different reason and not Frank at all. We shall see...
- R307 It is my hope of hopes that Frank and Willy are really like fuck it, really don't care and are seen proudly together all over town....Yeah, I know. Asking a bit much, but I can dream can't I : )
- Hadn't paid much attention to Shaun D Ross's twitter in about a week. he hasn't been talkin g about Willy And Frank not being together anymore. He's been in Paris a few days but didn't post any pics with Willy, but lots with other people, so i don't know how close they are. Willy did like a bunch of his Insta photo's though. Shaun did however retweet Frank Ocean the other day though. I don't even think he was following Frank before last week. Interesting.
- I agree Dani. We'll see. I'm on the W & F train!
- But Dani, how do you know she's Raymond's little sister?? I still don't know where you get that Raymond stuff...? I can't find anything about him although I haven't looked like crazy...
Funny, I thought Mega girl was Gilbert's friend, as that's where I first saw her tweets and then I saw her tweets w that Michael Uzi guy and then I saw her tweets w Royston but for the longest while I only saw her communicated with Gilbert.
I still think it's Gilbert until I see any/some evidence that he's w Raymond guy because it all links to Gilbert..again.
When that stuff was going on about Frank & W,Gilbert tweeted 'Don't come buzzing around me though when it's done' something along those lines...and he just tweeted something about being hypnotised, which sounded like Frank was hypnotised by W.
PLUS the 3 months.....guess who has been hanging 24/7 w Frank for the past 3 months.....Gilbert.
Bottom line is, Ray must be some kind of psycho who needs SERIOUS meds to be in a relationship w a guy that has taken a really goodlooking boy on tour plus other important stuff w him for 3 months solid as an alleged "assistant"...though I've only heard the assistant theory from you Dani tbh..
- "Granpa @MegaaNastyy
Aw family meal with Raymond, Elias. Lonny, royston , Jonathan , Ibrahim, Mauricio , and Nabil 💗"
To me sounds like there all best friends/family...I don't think Raymond is anything more then a brother..
- Last thing, if it IS Raymond and they have just been having issues the last 3 months, then why did F say in his open letter that the 'new' love came and went? By 'new' did he mean since the 'one'? Which could mean Alycia OR Raymond because it's been 2 years odd since....
By 'new' if he meant since 3 months...then it falls into Gilbert category....
Either way it's claiming he is in a relationship right now, which brings q's to this Willy thing..
But the cheating thing has me stumped. I def see Ocean as a cheater and don't think he's this asexual sensitive boy that some weird people in the media and on blogs like to portray him as BUT saying he's w Ray....and cheated on him...he was doing it whilst hanging out with Nabil or Royston...his brothers....isn't that sus?
Anyway, no wonder Frank wants to move out of LA. His scene is soo incestuous!
- And another thing is that Nabil seems to get on well w Willy-follows him on insta and twitter-both recent so obv after the shoot w Frank...so would he be buddy buddy w a guy that his best friend wants to cheat on with his other best friend?? That doesn't make any sense. At all.
I'm not saying don't work w the guy as he is a super frigging model but you don't go as far as following him and calling him bro etc..
- R312 OK, I'm going to go through my Raymond theory for you. I first noticed Ray because of Frank's instagram. The pictures with Ray just seemed different than the ones with other people. More intimate, just the two of them, Ray with the dog, etc. Then realized Ray is on the Thinkin Bout You cover. I checked out Ray's insta and realized he'd been on tour with Frank last year and earlier this year. Frank took him to London and Australia I believe. Not sure if Royston was there but he never took pics with Royston. Now Frank and Ray used to follow each other on Insta and Ray followed Frank on twitter. I realized all the other people are highschool friends of Ray, though he's older than them: Megan, Elias, Royston, Ibrahim, Nabil (different Nabil)Jonathan. Now Frank follows some of them on Insta and used to follow a few more but deleted them including Megan.
I don't think Ray and Frank were at first more than friends, but I think Frank clearly liked him by the fact of the pics he'd post. Mind you, they all knew Frank was gay already. That Megan chick posted when Frank came out about how she heard the songs last year and knew the real story behind them.
Now the day Frank came out is the day Ray posted on insta his shirtless pic hugging Frank with the caption "Friends til the end". That Megan "his sister" commented "this is really so cute" and he replied "thakns Megan". Now he had another pic from that same set of him shirtless sitting down hugging Frank and Frank practically in his lap and some other poster commented "he just got smashed out by Frank Ocean" and he replied "who the fuck are you" but never anything like just friends or I'm not gay or anything. He never replies anything like that when people suggest he's gay.
OK, so fast forward to the concert here in L.A. on July. On the way to the show Frank got in a car accident. In the car with him was Ray and Elias. That Megan girl asked Elias if it was only the two of them with Frank and he said yeah. If in July Frank was seeing someone "new", he surely didn't take the person to the show with him, which is why I though he and Ray had developed a "new" relationship. Alycia went to the show but she drove herself. Elias is just Ray's good friend and Frank's through association with Ray. Megan and the other didn't get tickets either. Royston wasn't with him but either. Ray never posted any pics from the show and Elias only posted one. After Frank came out is when Ray became really hush, hush on Frank, never posting pics of him.
I think somewhere in these months or just before Frank came out he and Ray became more than friends because their friendship became more and more hushed. People started following Ray on insta and talking about him in blogs so he and Frank stopped following each other, but Frank continued to follow some of Ray's friends.
Now the tour continued and Frank was with Gilbert and Royston on tour. He came back to L.A. briefly before the international portion of the tour started. The day Frank left he tweeted "Imma mishu"(I'm going to miss you, but Gilbert and Royston were going with him. Several times while away with Royston and Gil, but even with just Gilbert he'd tweet "Mishu" (miss you), and who was at home? Raymond.
Then, really hush hush, Ray and Royston joined Frank in New York. Everyone knew Gilbert was there, but no-one knew Ray was there also. Ray took pics of New York and posted them but none of Frank. He talked about having a driver while in New York and casually mentioned how he'd met Jay-Z. He was supposed to leave there on a Thursday but ended up staying until Saturday. After he left is when Frank posted the second note about how when you're in a relationship you should never just leave, but also of wanting to get away from L.A. If there is another someone "new", he surely hasn't been meeting Frank anywhere and for a while Frank seemed to never be in or want to be in LA. You could tell alot was on Frank's mind after Ray left. He posted a insta pic at night of a taxi meter of a cab he was in with the caption "Lost".
- Once he came back from New York, he got happy again and posted another insta pic of he and Ray then got a new apartment in L.A. Elias tweeted something about all his friends were away when they were in New York and someone tweeted how is was messed up that Frank wanted to move. Elias said that he'd changed his mind about moving and instead was just in New York on vacation.
Ray posted when he was away with Frank on tour in London I think that he couldn't wait to come home. I don't think he likes traveling like that which is why he probably didn't go on tour as well. Seems he just got a new job at a VW dealership here. Obviously he and Frank are still friends hence Frank hanging with Ray and Ray's friends last week. I know that Ray had been at Frank's several times before then because one of his other friends posted a pic from Frank's house earlier this month, but until the other day Ray had never posted a pic from there. He's very careful and never posts pics of the two of them now. He goes out of his way too much to keep there thing private except amongst his friends and maybe they don't even know what's really going on with Frank and Ray.
As far as Willy. I don't know. I mean, why not take Ray to the GQ event with him. Why be so public about Willy and not Ray. I don't think Ray is necessarily out of the closet but he never disputes anyone calling him gay. Something is up with Frank and Willy for sure, so I guess we wait and see.
Pic below is Ray's other friend from Frank's apartment weeks ago.
- Dani Megan did go to Frank's concert in July and so did Ray. They arrived at the venue way before Frank due to the car accident. The people in the car at the time of the accident was Elias and his cousin SK Laflare.
I think you guys are way off base with your Ray and Gilbert theories. I don't think he's seeing or dated either one. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.
Elias Evans @padawanevans
I really got into an accident today.
@MegaaNastyy is it just you, him, and ray in the car?
@padawanevans yeah, why?
- R318 I thought I remember reading that Megan pouting about how she wanted to go to the show? Maybe I'm wrong about that. But I don't know why Ray and Frank are so hush about their friendship now. They never were before. And when would Frank have had time time to have a "new" relationship that wasn't already in the works since he was gone for practically 3 months. He was definitely missing someone at home while he was out with Gilbert and Royston. New York would've been the perfect getaway to be with this someone new, yet he took Ray.
- OK, so right off, Willy isn't staying with Frank. But he stays only about 5 minutes from Frank's apartment building.
- How do you know?
- R322 He tweets with his location finder on. If you click his location it'll tell you his approximate address, sometimes actual address. He just tweeted and that's the address that he was at last time. It's in the Hollywood Hills here. Frank's building is like 5 minutes from there by car.
- R323 OK :)
I hope they will post something with both of them, but I'm afraid they won't since the latest headlines :(
- R324 Well we'll know if he tweets from Frank's house at least since he's done that before and I know that address. I'd almost be more suspicious if he didn't tweet alot here this time since the last time he was here he tweeted like crazy, several times a day, but less so when he hooked up with Frank. He and Aria posted pics and tweets constantly. He did that everywhere until the stories came out. If he's really stealth this time, would make me think he was with Frank.
- R324 He's tweeting pics of Nabil so at least we know he's with Nabil. Sure he'll be with Frank soon then or maybe already is.
- R325 yes, agree. And I know it's asking too much to get a new photo of them.... or a new arm pic on Frank's insta... or something. I wish Frank was a little more relaxed with his gayness and dating life...
though I have a feeling he would like to be. he has this urge to be open at the same time as he's secretive
- R326 so that's a good sign!
God, I'm a stalker
- R328 LOL. This is fun though. Like putting together a puzzle someone doesn't want you to put together. i think Frank is making small steps to be more out. I know we want to rush him, but I think where I was years ago and where I am now, can't blame the guy for being cautious. He's got a lot to lose.
- R329 Yeah, ITA
and this IS fun!
Which one is Raymond???
But WHY take Gilbert? I am completely down with your thesis but I just don't understand why you would take such a cute guy across the world with you who you weren't friends with from the start..it's too random..but...
Just doesn't make sense why he would take Gilbert to NY when he has Royston and Raymond there?!?
But your story does make sense..
You know where Frank stays??? So you said he is staying where he stayed before....but I thought he was staying with Aria last time? Like which friend would make their friend stay in a hotel/apartment when they come and visit!?
Could he be instagraming from a near by venue in the Hills??
But I don't like or get this story with Willy if Frank is with Raymond. That's mean. At least w Gil, the tweets that followed seemed like they had some falling out...so the Willy thing made sense...but if he's still in touch with Ray, like you said Dani...what an asshole! Or maybe they are just friends....?
I mean you said Ray doesn't like to travel..maybe he doesn't like the spotlight on him either-if he isn't out, like you said!?
Is Ray cute??
But your story years ago was different I am very sure??
But then I am the activist type, even tho I'm not gay or whatever, I do believe as humans we have a responsibility with the power we have to do good...however relevant it is to our situation.
Now I've heard the Ray story-there is NO way he is with Willy. That would be too cold and fucked up. He would NEVER be that public about it....their friends would leave Ocean. No doubt.
So maybe he has done this whole GQ public thing with W,to stir up Ray. Get him to step up publicly in the relationship...
Interestingly, I think Willy is who Frank would love to be with/or be but Raymond-the car dealer!-is who he is/and will end up with.
Don't you agree Hmmmm and Dani?
Frank is very open minded, creative and left field but his friends are all very socially conservative and hate moving away from their home town. Very close minded and small town minded..
- R331 Raymond is second to Frank's right. I know initially on tour Gilbert was selling the merchandise at shows. So he was getting paid. Maybe when Frank cancelled the tour he realized it also cancelled money making for Gilbert? Maybe too he did have something with Gilbert on the side and decided to keep him around. It's no coincidence that Frank is only ever surrounded by men. I'm sure he's attrected to Gilbert, but he wasn't missing Gilbert while away because Gilbert was with him. Too, it would probably be lonely traveling around by yourself and Gilbert is like a companion at this point. Maybe Gilbert is part of the problem. I know all the other folks Ray hangs out with aren't really as close to Frank as Ray. Most of them just graduated highschool in May, but Ray is 20 or 21. So is Royston. Michael and Gilbert seem to have become friends with them through Ray and Royston and knowing Frank.
I don't have an insta.....how can I see it?
I've gone out with guys like Frank-MINDFUCK. Urgh. From being friends w pretty girls or just acting sus...urgh.
I do get your story now w more detail. I think Ocean is a player!!
- R333 That's why I say Frank is stuck being different people in different worlds. On the one hand, he goes out and plays kickball with a bunch of kids barely out of highschool. Then he's a world traveler, hanging at GQ parties with top models. His close friends seem to be very basic, everyday people, even though it seems he's tried to pull the close ones along for the ride a bit.
He seems like he'd like to be with a Willy type, but he doesn't always fit in that world. He barely ever parties and didn't before coming out either.
- R334 You can view instagram on pc with Statigr.am/viewer,php. Ray's insta is Kingcr3ampie, Frank's is Francistenebaum.
- I don't have an insta Dani...can't see what he looks like.
Nah, tried can't see it. :-(
Is he cute?
- Raymond is why the whole "new" relationship doesn't ring true to me. When did he have time for that. If there was someone, I'd be pissed and jealous that you never take me anywhere but are always around these other guys. Why I think the "new" relationship is amongst these other guys. Unless he's kept this person a secret from everyone else too, but he can't be spending much time out with this person if it is indeed someone outside of all these other people.
- R333 I think Ray and Frank have been in some kind of love relationship. Because of the things Dani wrote. For me also the Thinkin bout you cover is a big deal. with the lyrics obviously about his love he puts Ray on the cover and Ray agrees to and proudly still has it as his twitter photo.
What got me questioning it though was Ray's last Insta photo from Frank's apartment with another guy on his lap somewhat joking about being gay. I am very sure something has happened between Frank and Willy (as I wrote before - because Aria's reaction) and Ray couldn't have missed this. Would he be so relaxed at Frank's place if he knew Frank was seeing Willy? That made me puzzled. And he really looks like he's having fun, not like Aria when she tweets photos to make Willy jealous. Hmm, I really don't know.
Or this is what Megan girl is referring to. Frank still hangs out with Ray and cheats on him.
Or - as you wrote. I don't think Ray is out. I don't think he's the guy Frank will end up with though wanting to be with someone like Willy. Quite the opposite. I think the guys Frank has been seeing before have been people in his circle of friends that aren't totally out. Now he is out to the whole world. And he will move in other circles. Probably still hang with Michael Uz, Taylor and others. But, with the Chanel event in mind, I think he will meet people in the fashion industry more and meet very open and cool gay guys who doesn't want to hide their relationships at all. So maybe this will also lead him to be more open. even if Frank can be a cheater and not easy to live with, from his lyrics, I believe he really wants to be in a relationship. That's also why I think he opened up about his sexuality. He doesn't want to live a down low life and just hook up for sex. I think he knows that in the future he will want to live openly with his partner.
- See if you can see this. The pic he posted after he came back from New York and reunited with Ray.
- Also, I get the double life thing..at art school I had to balance that stuff all the time because I'm very 'real' but I'm also very 'flouncy'...I like the pretentious talks about life and going to art galleries. And it isn't easy balancing those group of friends but from what I've read, Willy seems like a really nice cool guy...he just happens to be arty. His mum is a well known dancer and his Dad is an artist...
Plus he's from Europe..we're a lot more bohemian here then in the US! :-)
- He and Ray months before Frank came out.
- Forgot to wrote: if he and Ray are seeing each other and Ray is not fully out, maybe he is losing patient with him and knows it won't lead anywhere. Hence the Willy dating.
Ahh...I thought that was Michael Uzi...
I agree. I've been through this when I started to discover my creative side....my 'normal' friends didn't like it..at all.
Someone like Willy must be so attractive to someone like Frank-bohemian, free, living, goes out w girls...w guys...dresses like he wants...has no hang ups...
- Ray's hot. I saw that pic.
- R346 R341 Yes, I too think that Frank will inevitably and eventually move in different circles. He seems to be fighting it somewhat though. He, I'm sure get's invited to all sorts of things and never goes. Which is why I think him tweeting about time jogging when you're having fun at the GQ event with Willy was surprising and probably surprising for him too. Nabil is another friend that seems outside of his other friends. I know he's friends with Odd Future too, but he's really friends with Frank first. He's artistic, Australian, has a different frame of reference than the kids he hangs out with in Odd Future and outside of it.
- Ray He's slim too like Frank likes and has Asian eyes almost like Frank likes
- Ray's cute. The tall guy is his older brother. I don't think Ray's out to everyone either but they've gotta wonder about his friendship with Frank. Taking him on tour with no real job to do>
- r348 & r349
Nabil is mature. I LOVE what OF stands for but I find them sooo childish and small minded.
Ohhh poor Ray! I'm rooting for Ray now...though Willy is more my kind of guy-physically and intellectually.
- R352 I just want him to be happy and out with somebody. He said in his New York Times interview that in the future he wanted to have a nice home, have somebody he loved and kids in the future. I don't care if it's Ray or Willy. I certainly feel sorry if he is indeed with another someone new. That person must feel neglected as hell. You post pics with you and Ray and you and Willy but not with this "new" person. I'd be pissed. That's why it's gotta be an inner circle someone.
- R353 Yes, he often talks about kids. I really really hope he will have kids while being together with a guy and not end up in some boring relationship with a girl to make babies
- R354 I think he will marry a guy. When Obama said he was for same sex marriage, Frank posted the Newsweek cover calling Obama the first gay president on his tumblr and said he was proud that the President came out on the issue and didn't straddle both sides of the fence. He also say "I don;t think marriage is between and man and woman but between love and love", all before he came out. I find it nearly impossible that he'd legitimately ever again be with a woman, unless it's just to mother his child.
- yes I really love his Obama newsweek comment and that was before he came out. And I love We all try. I always come back to that song
- r353, r354 & r355
I agree. There is NO way he will EVER be with a woman again after what he has just been through. There are many, many bi men who NEVER come out because...why do you need it? If your pref is a woman??
He said in the GQ article how soul destroying it was for him to have to go out with women. An "upkeep",were his words.
There is NO way in hell he will ever end of with a woman. I agree w Dani that I want him to be happy. Would I go out w him in real life? No. Would I call him out? YES (I don't agree w his religion nor his political affiliations which are to the right) BUT doesn't mean I don't have a HUGE amount of amazing respect for this young black guy living in the US and being himself. It's a bonus point that I love his music, style and his ideas.
But dude is a very narcissistic individual. I've always felt that he is incapable of seeing how he may hurt others because he truly feels his needs are the most important. He isn't being mean...which makes me understand his obsession w the simplicity of religion-he NEEDS to be told/read that one must be good....in order to live a good life.
(FYI this is nothing new,I've had Ocean's number since I read all his interviews)
- Lol, I do think that one thing we can ALL agree on...male..female...or queer....if you had the chance w Willy at your grasp..you would GO for it!! :-)
NO ONE can tell me that FO didn't make a play. No one.
- R358 Haha LOL. Agree :)
R357 political he's to the right, how do you mean????
- R358 Oh, Frank clearly has a thing for Willy. To step that far out of his norm knowing there'd be rumors. If he's not with Willy, he wants to be and I bet he did make a play. I hope his play worked tbh : ).
Too, I bet Frank is difficult to be with. He seems moody and sensitive, and might not realize when he hurts others. Again, he's straddling so many worlds, not sure if he wants to be out in public. A lot of his wounds are probably self inflicted.
Did you see Gilbert's sulky posts today? "Lol yo main bitch weak" "Today I will be better than yesterday" "And so on". Hmm, wonder who he's talking about?
- R332 I skipped this question, sorry. Yeah, Frank's new apartment is in Hollywood. It's a fairly new building and it's only 5 or 6 blocks from where I live. I recognized the view he tweeted weeks ago and there's only one apartment building with floor to ceiling windows all around. It's pretty swanky and expensive right in the heart of Hwood. I think he also lived in the Hills before that. That location finder on twitter isn't always exact, but it's usually only a door or so down. Never blocks away and that's where Willy tweeted from last time he was leaving to go to Paris.
- Well Willy just posted a video after a Jean Paul Gauthier show of him and that pop star Shym. I wonder if he's trying to give subtle hints that he's not with Frank like that? : (
- R362 Yeah, strange video to post. That's an old one and also the one that made that gossip think say he was dating her. Not good :(
He posted a new LA position also
- Yah, he posts locations on his instagram pics too. That's near the location on the insta pic with Nabil, so he must still be in Nabil's office. That Aria chick is at it again sub-tweeting.
- Also, saw this earlier, posted about 2 hours ago.
My moms friend saw frank ocean on the plane #solucky"
Not sure if that girl meant today or you know how these kids tweet about shit that happened weeks ago.
- Wait, just saw this too. This just happened:
omfg saw taco and frank ocean at wingstop I'm dead
That's probably the Wingstop in Ladera where they hang out sometimes.
- R364 You think? What did she tweet about it?
R365 Was Aria tweeting that or someone else?
- No, I believe the Taco and Frank sighting. Aria tweeted a Marilyn Monroe saying about how she difficult and insecure, blah, blah, blah. You gotta love me on my worst day too, whatever. Aimed at Willy I'm sure.
- R368 Yeah, I saw that. her usual bla bla
I thought the willy after fashion show vid was a bit odd
Hmm...I can't think what article/interview it was...but he has done many,so you CAN find it lol! :-)
He was candid as always and just mentioned he was the republican of the group (OF). To be fair to him and many Americans, I think he is most very likely a libertarian but you guys don't have any third parties, so they tend to vote to the Right, although they don't believe in government.
Here in the UK we have people who vote for more parties although it's a two horse race-it's just not Right & Left.
- The randomness of this vid could be a message to Aria??
Bottom line is he is NOT dating that singer. At least Aria did not think so when he spent a few weeks with her in LA!?
If I was Willy,I'd want to stay well away from Frank and his drama. He's in a sticky mess. He has one dude-Ray-he is so in love w him and will put up w him no matter what. He has a weird situation w Gilbert-who seems to put up w him no matter what and shows no signs of quitting his 'link' w Frank; another thing Gil used to always do merch w OF & was very best buddy w Tyler,since Frank I've not see them together and he only did Philadelphia on their tour, choosing instead to stay in LA all the way through, even though ALL his friends were on tour!
The issue F has is that he's a loner who doesn't like to be romantically-physically alone. He seems to NEED/THRIVE of being emotionally needed/obsessed by. W someone like Alycia it was safe and an ego stroke because he knew he could never ever love her but he's bit off more then he can chew with Ray & G.
I think G was under the impression that F was not w Ray fully over these months since July. Also, remember that NY article when Frank moaned about his "pitiful" personal life? And said how he was in a revolving door situation he "had to stop" where he's in a situation where one party "will say anything to keep me there and I will say anything to keep another here"...
At the time I thought it was Alycia and Miguel-A will say anything to keep him from leaving & he will say anything to keep M from leaving. I know think M is Ray...no? A put in feeders when CO came out how her and F were in an on/off 2 year relationship plus she was in both his albums, so this goes in line w what he said. And Dani's theory that Ray is closeted, well at least to most people except close friends,may go in line with what F said.
In defence to F, from the NY article to the 2nd letter about love having come and gone, it doesn't seem to me like he feels he was in a secure/solid relay w Ray anyhow...so I think what that Meganasty girl was ranting on, seems a little 'one sided'..i.e you see what you want to see but not the whole picture in a personal dynamic between 2 people..
- Oh and I do think F&W would make a great couple,don't get me wrong BUT W is a man, y'know?
Frank would have to step it up if they were to hook up on a non purely sexual basis.
Not saying G & R are not men but their relationship w F is so unequal-financial status,maturity,world experience-that it's like he is dealing w boys.
Off the boys subject...who thinks F had a thing w Brandy?? Because I bet all my monopoly money that he did! They both sang on each others songs-especially highly sexual ones....those candids w Stacey Bartha...the fact she calls him her "dear,dear" friend even tho he doesn't follow her or Stacey on twitter or insta...
That's the problem when you are constantly evolving as a person due to your circumstances-v conservative background-and your sexuality with out having gone to college/university.
Most of us did what F is doing in private lol during 3/4 years of university/college (I went from skater to hip hop girl to dance to indie until to got my style/thing)but he is doing it in public and it looks like he is 'using' these people, whereas at the time..that was 'him'..
" A lot of his wounds are probably self inflicted."
They are super self inflicted. I feel v sad for him because a lot of it is racial and sexuality BUT this is based on his very narrow American experience, where everything is so boxed.
But I think America is the kind of place-from what I've seen and heard-that you make your own. A close friend of mine went to live out in LA w her skater ex. She worked in clothing/costume industry w an amazing company,so she was in her dream job but she found LA really soul destroying and fake-she's the total opposite of someone who follows the crowd. BUT she made the situation her own, found herself some cool liberal friends and hang out around Venice beach.
When I look at F's insta...LA seems not fake but really cold and big. Too much openness but not with nature but w cold grey roads.
When I look at W's insta in LA,it seems colourful, a little crazy, creative and somewhere I'd like to visit.
See where I'm going w Frank and his attitude?? He really is just a scared little boy who is good w words because dude has MAJOR fears!
- Ray tweets pic with girl. Anyone knows who she is? Friend or more? Does it mean anything? Reaction to Frank?
- I thought Ray hadn't tweeted for yonks?? You two should've been recruited to find Osama Bin Laden!
- R375 :) Sorry. I meant he posted on his Instagram
- Frank's at a Jeremy Scott party with Nabil and his friend Melody Ehsani. That girl Ray's with is one of his friend's I think. I've seen her screen name before.
- CYBER STALKERS
LMAO! Cyber Stalkers? On a gay gossip website??! Next thing you're going to say 'you can't believe you stepped on bear shit in a forest'! Lol.
Babe, this thread is NADA compared to the Anderson Cooper thread. Close second the Harry from One D thread that I think has gone on to it's 8th instalment...or the you get the picture..
- Haha, Frank needs some more booze down his throat! Looks glum as fuck..!
I completely forget the Matt Bomer threads...wow...those were pretty stupendous. We even used to get detail of how Matt walked with his head to the side..
THIS is what gossip sites are about! :-)
- R372 I don't think Frank had anything going with Brandy. She's had a boyfriend for a while now and she's said recently in a tv interview that she knew about Frank and thought it was brave of him to come out and tell his truth. Honestly, I don't think that within his music circle it was a big surprise. The rumors were out there and some knew definitively that he was gay.
Isn't it funny that the two times that Frank has stepped out publicly is when Willy was in town. probably just coincidence, but I wonder if Willy went or was supposed to go to the Jeremy Scott party last night. There have been tons of events in L.A. recently with the American Music Awards recently in town but Frank didn't attend anything, not even the awards themselves. Willy comes in town and he cosmopolitan all of a sudden, lol.
As far as Willy and Ray and even Gilbert, who do I think Frank would be better with? If he has been with Willy, I think it'd be a great match and expose him to more life, but honestly, the distance might prove a bit difficult. His career trajectory is going to expose him to so much more anyway, but does he want it? With Ray, I think it's comfortable like coming home. I think he can be his goofy real self around Ray and Gilbert for that matter too, and stay grounded in reality. Those parties aren't reality. He still has to live a regular day to day life when the camera's are off. The problem with a Ray or Gilbert would be integrating them into that other world. I really think Frank would benefit from being with someone who is his age or little older than him. Someone who is fully out but also has a life of their own. I don't know how much he wants to be exposed to gay culture, but he should maybe have a balance of friends, so that he can see firsthand what a successful gay relationship can be like. I doubt if he's ever even been to anything that's specifically a gay event. He lives 5 minutes from West Hollywood but I bet he's never been to a gay bar or seen the pride parade.
As far as that girl on Ray's insta. She's liked a lot of his pics before, like his other friends do. Even pics with other girls, so I think she's just a friend. I saw her pics on twitter and none with Ray, but she does have a baby and it's not his to my knowledge.
- R381 Well, it would be strange if Willy DIDN'T attend a Jeremy Scott party. So my guess is he was there.
Hmm....still iffy bout the Brandy thing. People cheat all the time..
Re W&G&R etc I agree w you 100%. Not much else to say but I will add that they aren't making it easy for him to break away..from G's sub tweets SO obv aimed at F to Mega's rant about 'they won't like you like we do' to F not moving to NY now cause R was upset (you mentioned that I think) to OF crew aggressively being against ANYTHING that isn't like them..loudly to the OF manager (female) persuading F that 'his family is in LA'..
But at the end of the day, our dude goes on about vanishing the fear but he hasn't vanished all his!
- That's what I was thinking Hmmmmmm. I need some photo's though. He and Frank have been suspiciously silent on twitter, huh?
- R383 That's my one fear about OF and Frank. Because his talent so eclipses theirs, I hope he doesn't hold his career back to stay true to them or whatever. His ceiling is limitless, but I get the sense that he stays affiliated out of loyalty. I don't think he should abandon them in any way, and collaborate on projects with them sometimes, but in reality, his career could be on a completely different level than theirs but I feel he holds it back. Loyalty to "family" or whatever. He really could be one of the greats one day; have a body of music like Prince or Stevie Wonder or someone that lives on forever, but I just hope he doesn't stifle his career to not seem like he's gone Hollywood.
- Brandy interview below. Frank said that he'd confided in some people and told his story. I'm sure almost all of them were women and I bet Brandy was one of them. They seem like they've known each other a while.
- R382 Yeah, been thinking the same. They're very quiet :)
R385 I'm not really afraid of that. I think Frank puts his career first, or rather his artistic development. I don't think he will let things hold him back, but he's very young and has been through a lot. I think he needs feeling safe and for now he does that with his OF family. but all of them are very young. Everything can happen. Im' actually more worried about why is he hanging around with Ray and his College friends? Most of the OF crew express themselves artistically on quite an advanced level. The childish approach can fool people but they're very professional and have achieved so much for being so young. Even if they doesn't have the artistic depth that Frank has.
But what does Frank get out from hanging out with this Megan twitter hysteria for example? Is it just because of Ray? To me that's more surprising. But I think he will move on, keep some friends, but also find a lot of new ones. People that can challenge him more. Talking about the Jeremy Scott party. Didn't I say that he would move more towards fashion people? :)
No I don't think Frank had anything going on with Brandy. Can't feel it.
- R387 Yes, you did say he would move towards fashion people. I love how his personal style, at certain times anyway, is growing up too. You know, I said I didn't think Frank had ever been to an exclusively gay event, but looking at the other pics from Jeremy's event, it was pretty damned gay, LOL.
As far as Ray and kids he hangs out with, that's another reason I think there is something else going on with Ray. Why else is he with those kids? All the other friends really are just friends through association with Ray and I highly doubt an of them even have Frank's phone number except Ray and Royston. He even hid his face in the dinner photo with them and I think he doesn't take pics with them purposely. Most of them just turned 18 this year. He surrounds himself with such young people sometimes. He'll grow out of that I think.
- R388 I also think he's with them only because of Ray and Royston. And there has to be something attractive with either of them for Frank.
So the Jeremy event was gayish? ;) Can imagine. Good for Frank! LOL Where did you see the pics?
- I can just imagine the fashion people drooling when they see Frank enter the room. And pretending hard not to care, because they want to be on top of everything ;)
- R389 This guy pabloolea posted insta pics, but none of Frank. ASAP Rocky and M.I.A. were there. So was Perez Hilton for a little while so I hope he says something about it.
- The's one pic of Frank at this event,but nothing about Willy :(
Perez is really funny like that, especially when he really likes people and he really likes Frank, so I don't think he would blab unless he feels it's right. Remember (or not) when Mika first came around? And it was so obv he was gay and he was besties w Perez? This was also when Perez was at his most bitchy and blabby...anyway, he never outed Mika..even though he knew.
So don't take it as truth if he doesn't mention seeing Willy as it would be ridic of Willy as a fashion model not to lol go to a big LA fashion event?? Like networking...ALL the time! Way it is... :-)
Oh and I wasn't saying he should ditch OF, I LOVE what OF stand for but I have on occasion seen them, esp Kelly, gang up on one of their group because he wanted to move away. I was actually shocked by how she behaved and she scared him witless. He wasn't as young as Gil and was at least 21...
Also, I'm not talking about people like Tyler-I think Ty knows he's lost Frank in terms to bigger/different things-or Syd or even Taco...OF is a group of like 20 solid characters who always hang out etc together in their 'community'.
Frank could only go to the Fashion side, with people like Ricardo from Givenchy to Lagerfield really keen on supporting cutting edge cool artists, Frank would be a fool to not get involved to especially get an insight into a more open gayer world.
I noticed the quiteness on twitter and insta. Completely caculated. I also think Frank ok'd that really random, clumsy and odd tweet W did of him w that singer after the Jean Paul show..lol..like I know his English isn't great but I usually get what he is trying to say but this time it just seemed sooo odd!
Also if he was trying to genuinely tell the world that he is str8 not w Frank, I would've thought it would've been SO much smarter and effective to reply to one of Aria's many tweets plus RT that tweet of them kissing!
- R392 :( :( :(
Saw that. This guy is like an out of country guy who came from Germany or something like that for the event..he was star struck lol! (Also would he know Willy?) This event was LA trying to be edgy and fashion cool...there was no way people were going to be talking about seeing W & F there! Fashion faux pas darhhhling!
- R393 Yeah, true, Perez never puts his friends in trouble. Also thought about that with Mika at the time. Really unfair to the other ones he outs.
Maybe you're right about Willy's tweet being calculated. Very odd :-/
- Only other pic I found, but there was a Red carpet so maybe he walked it. That other guy is friends with Jeremy I think because he was in Hong Kong too. Wonder if the photog's didn't know who Frank was at the party?
When does F ever walk the red carpet? Like never. The only time he has done so was the MTV awards. Begrudgingly. That was why the GQ awards was so....out of step w his behaviour.
- Gilbert retweets: I don't want relations ...
G's best subtweets have to be 'Ambition can kill a man' and 'You've just drop that. What? Your integrity'! LMFO! F causing trouble by rocking their community has brought on a very funny and witty G.
Re your tweet...I think it's relationship. And it'd make sense because dude gets some really cute girls who want to date him etc..not just stalkers but girls from his LA not OF scene..but he always brushes them off..
His focus has been solidly on F since early July and I would love him (cause he sounds like a nice guy) to go travelling or something BUT if he hooks up w a cool girl..all good.
Lol, F is such a mindfuck-as a friend or a partner.
- My fav Gilbert tweet of all time: Come on me nigga.
Which can't mean what i think.. because in that case... Would he write it ;)
- R401 I remember that one. I laughed hard at that.
That was ACE! It was so obv F at the time but now that multiple people travelled w them...it could be Ray or Royston?!
There was another similar tweet, where like this one, it seemed random, plus the person posting made random mistakes beforehand but pressed send...G wouldn't do that as he knows his phone!
- WTF Willy seems to be writing some romantic tirade to a girl on his instagram
- R404 yeah I saw that. I tried to translate but couldn't make much sense of it. I think he was at Jeremy Scott last night though. He's with a guy, or was with a guy a couple of hours ago that tweeted a pic with him this morning. That guy was at Jeremy Scott last night, something with MIA. Hard to imagine Willy wasn't there too. Guy is @Ttyl8er on twitter.
- This is a rant,so bear with me BUT is anyone else posting or lurking really pissed off w how stupid twitter or tumblr people think Frank is SO lucky to get Willy? Like 'why would he be with Frank..lucky Frank'...URGH!
I even saw this dude say 'Well if Frank can get Willy, I can get who I want...'
Ermm...Hello? Am I like the biggest geek that I find brilliant intellect and creativity attractive? Furthermore I find guys like F attractive..always had a thing for really dark skinned men..but whatevs...
I think to ME Frank is a superior catch-even though he's a nut job:-) - W knows this...so does anyone w a brain..
Just wished they'd stop being so stupid but I'm not on Twitter so I can't lash out! :-(
- R405 You sleuth!
- Just went on his insta...
To me it sounds like a story...not a romantic poem to a girl from v soon...in fact in sounded familiar but I think that could be his influence, like say Milan Kundera, who writes like that...or even Bukowski..
I thought it was v good but I saw it more as a show of his skill as a writer? Also, it's of course an experience but again THINK of the randomness people...
Oh, I speak and understand fluent French. :-)
- R405 LOL. Yeah I'm crafty. R406 Frank is the catch here. Willy's good looking, don't get me wRong, but looks are not talent. I think Willy will find if he's not with Frank and it becomes known, he'll lose a few twitter followers. I know some just follow him because of Frank.
- Also, I do like that passage. Very simple but poignant.
French people are so poetic!
- R408 yeah, but still, it's to a girl. :(
But..yes it IS but I don't think W is gay at all. I think he's Bi but more to the female side...this whole F thing is out of character,hence the mad tweets from Aria and Shaun...
It can't be to anyone he was in a relationship w like Sh'ym as he says she didn't know I liked her and then left...?
- He didn't say 'amoureaux' which is 'love' but 'je l'iame' which is liked...
- R412 translate it for me. My Google Translate is crap!
Also, maybe this is his way to say he is not with Frank. But really, why wait is long until you are back in L.A. and people expect you're here to see Franl. Seems orchestrated to me, but maybe he isn't with him. Really, he could've said that weeks ago.
Urgh. The juste is a 'moment' (very french) when he was sat beside this girl that he never told he like her and he hates himself for not doing so. But she has to go-he hasn't told her but thinks of the amazing love sex they could have etc but she's gone and well, he missed his chance.
It reminds me of that famous french book that I can't think of in English but was about 'les temps perdue' ...It was like a 2 volume book...all about the idea of missing your love..
Due to time..
- Seriously guys..to me it seems like him flexing his creative muscles..nothing more..
In fact I took it as post to show that he isn't just a 'model' but is a talented individual. Again..he has NEVER done this before...
You do know the french n'est pas? Ils sont toujours entre de parler de l'amour! lol! :-)
- This goes with what I was saying about..time lost/love lost if you don't take that opportunity..
Saw this as a reply to W's post..
"No matter how impossible, unattainable, or unimaginable something may seem..if it's meant to be, it'll be."
Her's is succinct but we both got the neutralness of the post about missing opportunities, if you don't take them..
To me this seems v relevant to F...but whateves!
- R417 Thanks for the translation. As you say, it just seems so random, out of the blue. But yeah, whatev's. Even with his last two out of character tweets, he and Frank both are suspiciously silent this week. Especially Frank. Willy's tweets are just bizarre. But maybe Frank doesn't want to upset Ray? Who knows? They'll slip up eventually, LOL.
- Well, since there's not much going on in Frank and Willy world today besides a few pictures (Frank's at the Clancy's with Rick Rubin and Tyler), how about another question, crass as it may be. Anyway, I know I've wondered. Do you think in Frank's particular relationships (assuming Miguel, Ray, Willy and Gilbert and whoever else you can think of), do you think Frank is top or bottom? And why? LOL.
1. you always know whats up! how do u know ty is there?? just saw kelly's twitter..
2. lol,since you posted this F has posted a picture of a flame and Nabil has posted a picture of a graffiti w 'be happy'. At the bottom he wrote 'u know'...thoughts?
3. I think verse all the way but with Miguel it was the only time he wasn't in control either as a top or bottom BUT I think as one night stands/flings, he is purely top. someone with the major control issues this dude has would never be just a bottom and bossy bottoms tend to be from what i've seen super confident people sexuality wise..