- He's made good choices in selecting who he works with and what roles he takes. By making fewer, but more notable films, he keeps star power and doesn't ruin the brand with formulaic crap that "stars" like Johnny Depp and Tom Cruise put out.
- Smart to keep his personal antics low key. I get distracted by actors who are always in the press.
- Anyone know why Leo's remake of The Great Gatsby was pushed back from Christmas Day to next summer?
- What R2 said. I give Leo D. major credit for not going the tabloid route and totally overexposing himself in order to up his "brand," like Pitt, Jolie, Clooney etc. etc. He easily could have done the famewhore thing, but he keeps his private life private. Good for him, too bad more celebs don't do that.
- [quote]Anyone know why Leo's remake of The Great Gatsby was pushed back from Christmas Day to next summer?
They don't want Leonardo Di Caprio to compete with Leonardo Di Caprio at the box office. He has another film coming out on Christmas Day.
- [quote]Anyone know why Leo's remake of The Great Gatsby was pushed back from Christmas Day to next summer?
Because it sucks
- Because the film isn't ready. Baz wants a whole bunch of reshoots.
- Oh fuck him, he isn't hot, and he said his personal hero was Eminem. That was just after the controversy about Em's lyrics, which didn't bother Leo at all.
- Did he give up the booze?
- [quote]He's made good choices in selecting who he works with and what roles he takes.
I sort of agree, but any actor would constantly work with Scorsese if they could. Not exactly a risky proposition.
- He's a major case of The Emperor's New Clothes. He's NOT a great actor. Competent, but not GREAT like his publicity team likes to shove down our throats at any given moment. Oscar doesn't equal talent either. The Oscars have turned into another publicity tool itself.
- He is not a great actor by any means. Mediocre at best. I tried to watch J Edgar the other day and found it absolutely unwatchable. His accent was laughable. He can't play anyone but himself. Titanic was his peak of beauty and career.
- I saw preview clips of Gatsby in the movie theater a month ago. Surprised it's being delayed. And BlindGossip had quite a few stories that posters think were about Leo and his upcoming engagement. Do people really think that he is handsome?
- A good actor, but not a great one and he has never deserved an Oscar. He did peak with Titanic, although I enjoyed him in The Departed
- His acting is only adequate and much labored, and he has no real presence or appeal.
For all his faults and limitations, however, he's had a fairly brilliant career, wisely sticking to respectably good projects and good company, mostly keeping his personal life under- rather than overexposed. He's avoided (or mostly so) donning tights in comic book superhero crap, cheesy comedies, and anything particularly embarrassing (excepting, maybe, that boat sinking picture which made rather a lot of money.) Physically, he leapfrogged overnight from scrawny, unattractive runt of a child star to pudgy, unattractive middle-aged man (still in his twenties), and with the groundwork he's laid and the success he's enjoyed, there's no reason to think he won't have a ridiculously long career - even if it's based on box office track record more than talent or looks or fitness for a part.
- Leo is still one of the best if not the best male actors in Hollywood today. He is, however not good looking anymore.
- If Joaquin Phoenix got his act together, Leonardo Di Caprio would be forcibly placed in a position of working far less.
I do like how Leonardo Di Caprio is not a fame whore or a sell out. That is refreshing if anything.
- OP = Lukas Haas
- Joaquin is even more loathsome. He and Mark Wahlberg were offered the leads in Brokeback Mountain and turned it down because they're homophobes. Wahlberg pretty much admitted that was the reason, and said Joaquin felt the same way. And it's no surprise, Wahlberg's a born-again Jesus freak and Phoenix was raised in a Christian cult.
- R19 I truly did not know that.
- I think Wahlberg turned it down because it was too close to home for the disgusting POS.
- He was surprisingly good in Blood Diamond.
- I would agree that in the movie Blood Diamond, Leo finally left the Titanic Teenbeat crap and starting serious acting again. Teenbeat money may pay the bills for a few years, but it is not worthy of personal pride.
- He's lucky to be white and male in that industry - endless opportunities.
- Please I have seen many pics of him and ex girlfriends Bar Raefeli, Gisele, and Blake Lively which were plastered everywhere during their dating life.
- Also Leo seriously needs to do a smart comedic film. All his films ALL OF THEM have been so serious, it's getting a bit played.
- Exactly, R25. Leo has made a career of bearding with famous models/model-types. I've never remotely thought of him as someone who "kept his private life private". He's worked as hard as any 'star' to build his brand via PR stunt-dating.
- The bigger the star the more elaborate and extended the cover up of his homosexuality. Leo DeCaprio is Gay.
There are many in Hollywood who live their entire lives, just covering up the homosexuality of celebrities. It is a full time industry, which employes a lot of people.
With Leo, they messed up years back, when his so called "girlfriend" model Gisele Bundchen did an interview with her actual Latin boyfriend in South America, while Leos people were still promoting the 2 as dating, exposing the scam. Needless to say, the story disappear quickly at at great financial expense to Leo.
- He's so bloated from all that booze.
- Tobey's mother outed both Leo and her son.
- What r25 and r27 said. Amazed that anyone could think he "keeps his private life private."
- He wants that Oscar so bad. In the end, he'll get it, because he wants it the most.
- Yep, he may not go on Tv and talk about it, but he damn sure does his version of " private " by getting his pic taken with new girl, he just doesn't talk about it. But he knows what he is doing. He is doing it on his terms, in his mind.
- R19-Have a seat! Just because actors don't want to do gay love scenes doesn't mean they are homophobes. Joaquin is not a Christian.
- Totally agree with r26. It's actually refreshing to watch Leo in Titanic because he smiles, laughs, is playful, full of life, a joy to watch. Ever since then, however, he's been so determined to be taken seriously as an actor that he's constantly suffering, suffering, suffering. Hopefully, Django Unchained will allow him to cut loose again.
- R3, Funny that women's fall fashions were influenced by the anticipation of Gatsby coming to theaters by Christmas.
They've been showing previews of Gatsby and Django Unchained at the movie theaters.
Joaquin Phoenix was raised in the authoritarian Children of God cult. It really has very little to do with Christianity, and advocates adult-young child sexual exploration.
- I loved Leo in "Titanic", but his best performance was in "Who's Eating Gilbert Grape" and "The Basketball Diaries".
Leo is probably the best actor of this generation.
- A couple of days at the gym now and then wouldn't kill him.
- Oh, c'mon! Leo is not that fat, maybe a little bloated from drinking. But, it is a part of aging.
- I absolutely agree with r38
- He's not a great actor at all. He has been good when cast right- like Titanic, the small movie he made with Kate Winslet when they played a destructing suburban couple. As Howard Hughs and Hoover he was nearly awful- So aware he is trying like all get out to be that person and so not that person. And he does not have the physical gravitas to be a leading man. He has to play an ordinary American and then he does quite well.
Have no idea if he is gay. If he is, then he would lose my respect- pretty much completely. I respect no man or woman who deliberately conceals or deceives the world about their sexuality. It literally does harm to gay men and lesbians and thus seems to me to be the height of selfishness.
- r42, not everyone has the courage to come out of the closet. Deception can be justified at times, if it hurts no one. I'm sure a lot of people online deceive others. It is benign. I would respect Dicaprio even if he is closted. Oh ya, Charlie, there are countless grammar mistakes in your post.
- R42, Do you honestly think Leo would continue to get acting roles if he came out as gay?
- r44, not r42, but I'm sure he would still get acting roles even if he was gay.
- Is he still dragging his house husband around or has he finally kicked him out?
- R43= Kevin Spacey
- Well, I don't agree, OP. Whatcha gonna do about it?
- R46, there were stories that Leo finally kicked freeloading Lukas out of his house, but they've been seen together since. Probably because Lukas knows everything and has nothing to lose by talking.
- Think hes a decent actor and can be great in the right film. Ive seen all his movies and know when i see he is attached to a movie i will probably be entertained. I would like to see him have a little fun in a film instead of all the accents and drama for a change. But he soooo wants to win an oscar. And knows his best chance is aligning himself with top directors and doing drama pieces. Hopefully django unchained will be a change of pace.
- Lukaas does officially no longer live at Leo's LA mansion, but they are still joined at the hip all over the world.
Sure R49, it makes most sense to assume poor Leo is getting blackmailed and can't free himself. Let me guess, you never had anyone pay for your dinner and are feeling a little resentful about that?
- Just dumped another model...
- Leo and Lukas are old childhood friends, their families are very close as well. They travel together (went to Germany together), Lukas has a brother who is close to Leo, too. They (Leo and Lukas) are both gay, I think they were always more brothers than anything else, I don't get the impression (nor have I heard this from anybody on the inside) that they were lovers - maybe something happened between them once or twice.
Lukas' parents wish he were straight, but they have finally given up on that.
- They are like brothers, so their families grew really close and even travel together? I don't know R53, you say they are not lovers, but you make it sound like they are.
- I don't know anything about any possible sexual relationship - I only know they are both gay and for many years they have been one big happy family group. I don't know anything recent - my first-hand information is two years old.
- r55 How do you know they are both gay? How did you recieve this first hand info 2 years ago? Curious... do tell?
And do all the models, actresses he "hires" know this as well?
- I was at a family event - that's what I heard direct from the horses mouth, so to speak. Considering the source I have absolutely no doubt it was true.
- A family event, so you are related to either Haas or Leo? Confused... Also, who has Leo been in a relationship with? Anyone known? And what's the deal with Toby Maguire?
- Not related. Don't know anything about specific relationships or anything about Toby. Just that the two guys are gay and lots of other boring stuff about trips and growing-up stories. I saw lots of pictures, just family stuff, absolutely nothing salacious or sexual.
- He's a good actor. Not a great one. And I don't find him attractive.
And, once and for all, when a movie is delayed, it's because....wait for it...it SUCKS. DUH.
- Blood Diamond was a good movie and Leo did a great job. Also give him high marks for Catch Me If You Can, The Departed and even Shutter Island was pretty good. He did a great job playing Howard Hughes, too. I count myself a fan, no matter what he looks like.
Would be interesting to see him in a comedy.
- If you saw the Jeremy Sisto Titanic screen test, you'd realize that not just anyone could've done what he did with Jack, a character who was obviously very different from himself. Even if you are annoyed with how popular the picture was, it can't be legitimately claimed that he isn't talented or played himself there.
Honestly, Gilbert Grape should've shut down any debate.
- if Leo comes out he will never work again
- [quote]I was at a family event - that's what I heard direct from the horses mouth, so to speak.
Why was Sarah Jessica Parker at a DiCaprio family event?
- Whatever potential he had is long gone. He doesn't sell tickets. He'll never win an Oscar.
- Read the Vanity Fair story about Gisele Bundchen after her "break-up" from LDC. Iirc she was already with Tom Brady, maybe already married.
Anyway, she does comment about her relationship with LDC. It's obvious,if you read between the lines of her very carefully worded comments about him that, yes, they did have a close relationship, but it wasn't sexual.
LDC is gay; he's also a very good actor.
- Yes, thanks R55. I just don't get your conclusion. If they are both gay and a family unit, wouldn't the by far easiest explanation be that they are a couple? But whatever, thanks for the info.
- he's beautiful. he's a great actor.
and he's probably gay.
I saw him in Rome in December 2004. He dined with a huge group. There were some hot guys traveling with him. His bodyguards were standing outside. We bought one two espressos (our hag liked his looks).
- Leo and all the other closeted actors won't be able to stay in the closet forever. The times are changing, the public is much more sophisticated about these kinds of things than they used to be and technology is changing. It's not like the old days when somebody like Rock Hudson could stay closeted his entire life.
- Gay, gay, gay.
- [quote]Meoli added that despite the fact that “the girls were definitely all over him,” DiCaprio – who recently reportedly split from Victoria’s Secret bombshell Erin Heatherton after approximately 10 months – wasn’t paying much attention. “He was more with his boys,” he said. “Hanging with the rappers, getting on the mic. I didn’t see him with the girls at all.”
[quote]A second source at the party, which benefited the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation as well as hurricane relief, agrees with the celebrity deejay. “He really wasn’t flirting with anyone. It was a boys affair.”
- [quote]Whatever potential he had is long gone. He doesn't sell tickets. He'll never win an Oscar.
Shutter Island and Inception would disagree with you. Nothing was going to save J. Edgar. Django Unchained also looks like it could be a hit.
- Is Bradley Cooper part of his posse of pussies now?
- No matter what he does in life he'll always have his painting on the sixteenth chapel.
- One of only two real pieces of gossip that I know first hand involves Leo. I am a flight attendant and years ago I was working a flight back to L.A. from Maui, I had a guy onboard that came to the back and was chatting with me. Turns out he was a private security guard hired to sit on a boat for a week anchored a short distance from a boat that Leo and Tobey shared alone. Nobody got on or got off the boat. Who knows what they were doing, I can only imagine. This was around 1996 give or take a few years.
- R75, and the dude just volunteered all of this information to you between bites of his cheese and bologna sandwich?
- Leo middle aged???
- I would love to see him in more dramas and in less gangster movies in the future. I think he played enough of these roles and he was great but, now it's time for him to move on.
- However, i refuse to see 'The Great Gatsby',simply because DiCaprio doesn't fit in that role. He shouldn't accept to play Gatsby.
- Probably he is pretty fucked up in his personal life, but i guess that is just his business as long as he is not committing any heinous crime!
He is an actor that shines behind the screen no matter how does he look like. He is weird though, isn't he? And yet not exactly weird, i can't define him...lol! Maybe that's what a really great actor is. A person who makes it impossible for you to define them.
- I hope I have a flight where R75 is working. I have a bridge I'm selling in Brooklyn, and its got his name on it!!
- They look happy.
- Pussy Posse??? More like Man pussy
2014 Oscars Leonardo DiCaprio HUGS Winner Matthew McConaughey...
- Kate Winslet's lipstick is very sluttish. She was looking like his mother back in those days.
- R19, I could believe that about Wahlberg, but I heard Phoenix left BBM after Gus Van Sant decided not to do it. He's never given any indication of being an actor concerned with his image; the opposite, in fact. He avoids the press in general.
Phoenix was around 4 when his parents left the Children of God cult, BTW.
- With Tom Hardy in his next movie, directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu. How do you see that?
I think that's great news!
- If you want to read more and to see a photo of Leo from The Revenant....
- Good to see Leo still hooking up Lukas Haas with work.
- Hehehe R89.
- Lukas Haas is the only one he's comfortable with here. Latest pix.
- So sad that Leo's leading Tom a stray!
- Tom is going to steal the movie from Leo. He's 10X the actor Leo is.
- Black gossip sites say he knocked up Rihanna and has been seeing her for "months" but 2 weeks ago he had a ton of females with him on some secluded island.
- Black gossip sites continually fantasize about white actors allegedly in love with black women. Usually about actors who are closet cases.
- So is Lukas Leo's drug lord? His personal assistant? His one true love? All of the above?
- disgusting but I'd bust on his beard
- go-to pro bro
- [quote]Black gossip sites continually fantasize about white actors allegedly in love with black women.
I've noticed that as well, yet they are almost always white actors who have never even publicly dated a black woman. I don't know where they come up with this stuff.
- Actors who become big time movie stars very young always freak out. Everybody wants something from them. So they tend to surround themselves with friends and family who knew them before they were famous. Way to keep the gold diggers away. But the entourage tends to turn out to be gold diggers themselves. Leo's posse seems to be made up of former child actors. This is also why they need enormous salaries and big movies where all their buddies can get hired for some sort of job.
- the boys are in love. Its a squeaky clean glass closet he is living in right now. He presumably fucks around. How does Haas put up with it? True blind love?
- He is just another terribly overrated, overpaid Hollywood idiot.
- I very much disagree.
There are so many of what you typed in Hollywood, there really is no need to shit on the good ones. He has made excellent film choices, worked with legendary directors and is Scorsese's muse. What more should he do? Meanwhile Cooper will win the Oscar (IN A LEAD ROLE!!!!!), yep THAT guy from 'The Hangover' parts 1-16--HIM, he will win an Oscar before Leonardo DiCaprio! The guy who did The Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island et all.
Leave Leo alone r102
- He picks the same type of roles - brooding, pain etc. When did he last do a comedy? I dont see a range.
- Pacino doesnt have a rage nor does Clooney.
Mcconaughey is the only relevant actor acting today with any 'range'.
- "Black gossip sites continually fantasize about white actors allegedly in love with black women."
"I've noticed that as well, yet they are almost always white actors who have never even publicly dated a black woman. I don't know where they come up with this stuff."
Don't all women of different ethnicities who read gossip sites like to fantasize about there favorite celebrity? How does that only apply to black women? The hate for black people on this website is so strong. Black women are now vilified for even having fantasies. What about the gay men on this site who post countless threads about screwing some straight actor who won't give them the time or day?
They Hate Us
- [quote]When did he last do a comedy?
There were comedic elements in "The Wolf of Wall Street" and moreso in "Django Unchained".
- R107 FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Just another bitter RACIST DLer
- r 93
Agree. Tom is the superior actor. It’ll count for nothing if he can’t keep his personal life together and the demons at bay.
- R99, so true. Leo has never publicly dated a black woman.
- R110 So now a groupie throwing their arms around a celeb is considered dating? LMAO!
- Hello R99
- I still don't think he dated that BW with the blue phone with her arms around him. Every single time he goes out with his posse and people it has been with WW, not BW, never. Till this Rihanna thing.
I also think he was excellent in Wolf Of Wall Street, which was great btw. Really Scorcese is back with that flick.
The problem with the black gossip sites is that they're convinced that Leo is in love with RiRi, and that is not true. They even quoted a "source" who said that "Leo is just having fun, it's just fun for him."
And taking this further, I think that there seems to be a high amt of BW that kill themselves when the swirl thing ends and a lot of WM use BW, just like they use tons of WW, for sex, not relationships.
Based on the above source quote, I doubt that Rih is pregnant, if she is Leo will not marry her nor settle down with her. He is not interested in settling down with anyone.
Also, I really thought he was gay for a very very long time, he might be bi or he might have grown out of his bi/gay phase like some guys do and he's straight now. IDK.
- R113, this don't look like a gay man.
- The Rihanna pregancy rumors came from MediaTakeout. Most black people know that Mediatakeout make shit up and consider that site to be a joke. It was actually a playboy playmate who happens to be a friend of Leo who tweeted about the Leo and Rihanna kiss. I don't take it this seriously either but Rihanna who is notorious for calling the paps everyday everytime she steps out of the house has been M.I.A for an entire week. No, selfies, no tweets and no daily pap strolls which tell me something is going on. I'm a Rihanna stan btw.
- Bossip picked it up R115 she's been back tweeting but she's sort of underground right now which is weird since she has a selfie-narcissistic addiction.
BTW, here's Rihanna before she became famous with weaves, wigs, green contact lenses.
- R116, that pic has been on the internet for years and its a photoshop picture.
- No it's not 'shopped. Her nose is really wide here too. That is her in the other pic.
- Ok let's look at her twitter acct. She's behind some WG on there right now. Is it for a movie? It's not DiCrapio btw.
- Those photos look like he's talking to the women because it's loud, or maybe hugging. It's not like they are kissing.
- Di Caprio doesn't have any range. He gets his choice of the best scripts out there because he's a big box office draw and directors want bums in seats, but he hasn't developed as an actor. He's like Jodie Foster, he falls back on his usual grimaces. McBongo acted him off the screen in Wolf.
He's aging badly too, with the heavy, square peasant's face and doughy body.
- I never got what people see in Leo. When I see pics of him with 20 models all I think is giant douchebag. Plus he looks so dumpy when he is out and about, he reminds me of Adam Sandler in that way. Have you noticed that he doesn't show any emotion when he is photographed in public? He always has the same stone face and that stupid granddad hat that he wears.
- When I see him with 20 models, I think he's really clueless because nobody thinks he's having sex with them.
His modus operandi is always very young, blonde foreign models in need of a career boost. When they get too famous because of their 'association' with him (Gisele, Bar) he dumps them. It must be because he no longer has total control over the situation. I'm sure they all sign confidentiality agreements.
Don't believe for a minute he's with Rhianna because 1) he's probably gay 2) she's too famous, he wouldn't have control over the situation and 3) black women have never been included in his 'romance scenarios'. Everybody knows the white actors who prefer black women (DeNiro, McBongo, etc.) and Leo's taste in beards runs to insipid blondes.
- MTO is saying Rihanna is pregnancy fat now, and people think it's DiCrapio's.
Pic at link.
- Leo has certainly been successful at fighting the pretty. After being drooled over as Romeo and whatever-his-name-was in Titanic, he was obviously so eager to be taken seriously that he killed his youthful beauty ahead of time with booze, fat and partying.
The irony is, he doesn't seem to realize his looks are gone for good. He's fighting a phantom at this point.
Hard to believe he ever looked like this:
- And speaking of aging out of beauty, look what I found while googling young DiCaprio:
(though I will say that Pitt -- who also fights his pretty very strenuously -- has clearly aged far better)
- Sorry, inept copy/pasting at r126 above:
- I'm the reason Leo has the career he does. He still has yet to thank me, the turd. Titanic's a better movie than any of his "serious" work...and has one of his best screen performances, of course. No one else could've pulled it off. And NO it's not just me saying this!
- I think he is one of the most overrated actors working.
He was better suited to playing a boy. I never find him convincing as a grown man.
- Titanic wasn't a film; it was a special effect.
The script was atrocious.
- I think ALL his fans date from Titanic (though of course they won't admit it). I've seen all his movies and can't remember a single one that impressed me since Gilbert Grape.
- He was in a movie called "Marvin's Room" with Meryl Streep and Diane Keaton, and he was very, very good in it. It came out in the mid-90s.
- R130, tell that to my 11 Oscars and $2 billion grosses and go back to waiting tables while I'm king of the world.
- Titanic would not have been a hit without Leo. All those teenage girls paying to see the film multiple times because of Leo. Without him the film would have been a monumental flop.
- R134, it would have been a hit. Even when it came out, I remember criticism because Winslet (who is younger than Di Caprio) looked so much older than him.
Di Caprio had the baby faced, androgynous look of a member of a boy band which is why he appealed to all those little middle school girls who would go see the movie 100X. But that made the romance that much less believable for an adult. He was only sexy if you hadn't yet made it through puberty.
- It was certainly believable for the Academy, who voted for Titanic in a landslide, and many more people than teenage girls. It was number one at the box office for 16 weeks in a row or some insane number. Even Avatar didn't do that.
- When I went to see it, it was me and a theater full of 12 year old girls. I was afraid I might be arrested.
Same audience for Titanic that later materialized for Hunger Games.
- I will say that Boogie Nights would have been a better movie (I still give it a 9/10) if LDC had taken the lead instead of Marky Mark. He was first choice. Still, PTA worked his magic to get Marky's only decent performance to date.
- I loved him in Catch me if you can. He screws up at choosing his project in general.
- I thought he was good in Blood Diamond and that his accent worked. Usually his accents suck. Am I delusional?
- Yes, R140. I thought it was bad. But then I only watched the trailer.
And what the fuck is a guy who made a movie about blood diamonds doing hanging around with Naomi fucking Campbell? He's sort of a hypocrite with his charitable efforts.
We don't need another Bono.
- Isn't it interesting how many real life people Leo has played? Jack Nicholson, in comparison, played mostly original characters. All three of his Oscars were original.
- Let's count, R142:
This Boy's Life
Catch Me If You Can
Wolf of Wall Street
That makes seven so far.
- Actors who star in biopics win Oscars. That's the only reason he's played so many real people. He's obsessed with getting an Oscar. He's playing another one in his new movie.
His Texas accent in The Aviator was pathetic. He can't do accents and shouldn't try. He's just a movie star and he wants to be a great actor, something he'll never be. We'd know by now.
- The most hilarious thing ever: Leo getting eaten alive by Daniel Day-Lewis in every single scene of Gangs of New York. My God, he looked terrified.
- The Revenant: trouble on set.