- That's the best news I've had all day!
- Hey Dickhead OP, you think "Out Of This World" is Chopped Liver?
- So you just know this big baby has been upset ever since FV and RC took over and don't bow to his "Christian" wishes. He's such a huge homophobe you know he can't stand working with them. And I bet that awful JFP has a role ready for him on Y&R. So, do you think they will recast and if so, with who?
- TV Guide Magazine: Word is, this is one of the most amicable soap exits ever — no money battles, storyline complaints, testy negotiations. Where's all the drama, dude?
Burton: I've been through 21 years of ups and downs with GH — regime changes, cast and crew changes, budget cuts, shakeups of one kind or another, and it's been nothing but a huge positive in my life and for my family. I have no complaints, no negative feelings at all. But it's time to go. I'm going to take some time off and do nothing but relax, just enjoy life a little bit with my wife and kids. I've bought a home in Tennessee, way out in the country outside Nashville. [Laughs] Probably too far out in the country! I've been talking about leaving GH and moving there for the last seven years. The timing was never right and then the economy crashed and I couldn't sell my house in California. I went there many years ago when I did the movie The Last Castle and loved it. Tennessee reminded me of growing up in Ohio. The people are nice, it's family oriented and, now that my kids are 6 and almost 9, I want to get them planted. My contract was coming up at GH so we put the house up for sale again and it went in, like, eight weeks. That opened the door for me to leave GH.
TV Guide Magazine: They didn't freak and offer you the world to stay? Jason's departure is going to leave a big hole in a lot of characters' lives — Sam, Sonny, Elizabeth, Carly. This is huge!
Burton: Obviously, they want me to stay and I know the timing's not the best in terms of story, but the timing for me, personally, is perfect. That doesn't mean this is easy. It's so comfortable for me at GH. This show has been my life, my family. I grew up there! I tried to sit down and write a statement to the fans to say how I feel and how much I appreciate them because they have been absolutely amazing and so incredibly loyal. I'm on Twitter a lot and have gotten to know a lot them. I'm going to miss doing the personal appearances and seeing so many of the same people again and again over the years. So I tried to write something and it was really, really tough. I couldn't get through it.
TV Guide Magazine: How will the show handle this? They wouldn't dare recast, would they?
Burton: I really don't know. Right now my last tape date is Sept. 25 but I told them I'm happy to stay for another couple of weeks if it helps wrap things up. So it looks like I will be on air through October, maybe into November.
TV Guide Magazine: Would you be open to a return visit? You could always do the Vanessa Marcil thing.
Burton: I would never say that I am closing the door to GH. But, in addition to my personal reasons for leaving, I do want to see what else is out there for me, as an actor and as a producer.
TV Guide Magazine: There's buzz that you and James Franco and [former GH exec producer] Jill Farren Phelps have teamed on a TV project.
Burton: Yeah, and it's looking great. Jill went off and did that telenovela Hollywood Heights [at Nickelodeon] and James did a day's work there. Suddenly he decides he wants to make one of his own novellas through his production company and we're like, "Huh?" So the three of us collaborated on an idea and came up with a really good one. Jill will EP it, I'll produce and star in it and so will James. We'll be able to get a lot of great cameos and guest stars because of James' connections. It'll be a fun show to do.
TV Guide Magazine: So then it's sold? It's a done deal?
Burton: [Laughs] Uh...actually I'm not supposed to be talking about it.
TV Guide Magazine: Speaking of Jill, she's now over at The Young and the Restless. Would you do a role there?
Burton: Listen, Jill is one of my dearest friends. [Laughs] I'm never going to say never because , as soon as I do, I'll be popping up over there! Here's the thing: As cool as it was to know I had a nice, cushy place to go every day with GH, I think it's going to be just as cool to not have a nice, cushy place to go every day. I like not knowing what's next for a change. I'm jumping off a cliff in a total leap of faith.
- Now if he could just take Sonny with him........
- I checked out some of the GH sites to see the reaction. Even the fangurls are happy to see him go.
- Steve Burton may look hunky in black T's but he has a voice that was made for silent films.
- What about that short little gay guy who looks gaunt? Is he POS? He may be spray tanned to the max but he still looks sick. Scott Reeves is his name
- Why is everyone moving to Tennessee? What's going on in Tennessee? Tennessee DLers care to weigh in?
- Absolutely terrible copy but here is Steve doing Circus Of The Stars in Purple tights.
- More cow pies per-capita than any other state, r10. Burton is a cow pie connoisseur, he hopes one day to build a home out of them.
- Burton says in that linked article that he and James Franco are producing and starring in their own "novella." Why in the world would Franco want to have anything to do with a cretin like Burton? I thought Franco had half a brain and some sensibility.
- SB saw the writing on the wall. His Jason character is not the big cheese anymore. FV and RC have made their boys (Todd and John) the big fish in town. Sucks for Steve but it's great for Michael Easton and Roger Howarth. I bet Sonny goes next. His role has eroded too.
- Hated Michael on OLTL but now I like him and I have always loved Roger Howarth. I started watching this show when he came on.
- ..... Forgot to mention .... and I've got a lot of health juice in my garage to sell !!
- Can I spank you?
- You have your juice, cookbook and Jesus. You'll be fine.
- [quote] Why is everyone moving to Tennessee? What's going on in Tennessee? Tennessee DLers care to weigh in?
The Christian Militia. When the end days come they'll be armed and ready to greet Jesus.
- He played a hit man? And he's not a villain? How did that work?
- Who is the surprise character showed in the clinic scene? Is that Ian Buchanan?? He was on GH at one time?
- [quote]Why is everyone moving to Tennessee? What's going on in Tennessee? Tennessee DLers care to weigh in?
For the goo-goo clusters made famous in Robert Altman's NASHVILLE
- He's homophobic, but working with James Franco?
- 'He played a hit man? And he's not a villain? How did that work?'
It didn't. That's why the ratings have gone down steadily for the past 12 years or so. Sonny and Jason killed the show.
I've been watching the past couple of weeks and I'm actually enjoying watching Todd, McBain (gasp) and Jax. It's quite an improvement.
- Jerry Jacks is holding the town of Port Charles hostage after poisoning its water supply. Everyone is set to die in 48 hours and the town is under quarantine.
r22, the surprise character was Duke Lavery, played by Ian Buchanan. Duke was one of the great loves of Anna Devane's life, a Scottish mobster who came to town in the 80s and tried to give up the mob life for her and Robin but "died". Somehow Duke is involved in the storyline with Robin being held hostage.
- Also, Kassie DePaiva, Florencia Lozano and Trevor St. John from One Life to Live should be returning this fall.
- R23, when they automated the Goo-Goo Cluster plant, the quality went way down. I was living in Nashville at the time and it was a sad moment.
One of my co-workers was a Burton fangurl. She said nobody cares if he leaves. He's a lying power hungry diva and everyone is tired of him.
- The thing is I wasn't kidding about the country-western rap music.
Steve and his GH buddies like Scott Reeves (Steven Webber), Bradford Anderson (Spinelli) etc have formed a musical group called "Port Chuck" which performs at fan events and charges the fraus an arm and a leg. Presumably while making it rain with all-natural berry juice drink Monavie.
- [quote] Steve and his GH buddies like Scott Reeves (Steven Webber), Bradford Anderson (Spinelli) etc have formed a musical group called "Port Chuck" which performs at fan events and charges the fraus an arm and a leg. Presumably while making it rain with all-natural berry juice drink Monavie.
up chuck is more like it
- It is a Christian Music Group
- Spinelli is a jesushead too?
- [quote]What about that short little gay guy who looks gaunt? Is he POS? He may be spray tanned to the max but he still looks sick. Scott Reeves is his name.
Scott is all man! He's kept me very, very happy for the last 20 years.
He's born again and does the right Christian thing. Always. When I sinned, Scott made me stand up in church and confess my sin! Now I'm saved.
We both believe in free speech and supporting Christian businesses and are raising our kids to believe the same thing.
- OMG FLORENCIA!
I am so happy now.
And yeah Jason can go.
- FloLo is back on the 7th, r34. She's going on the run with that baby.
- Can't WAIT to see my beloved Trevor again!! I figured they would have to resolve his story line as he got the last scene on the final OLTL.
The TSJ fc/sf/ca Troll... back again
- Attn Florencia Lozano Fans: she's doing a play in NYC with the magnificent Kathleen Chalfant. Go for Florencia and fall in love with Kathleen.
- R36, I'm a big TSJ fan too. He is my celebrity crush. Would love to see him on GH or a prime time show. How does someone that talented and hot not have producers begging at his feet?
Never a fan of Steve Burton but it does have to suck getting tossed aside like that. Oh well, GH shouldn't have been saved over OLTL in the first place. It made zero sense.
- True. GH is becoming watchable again.
- I don't feel sorry for him. He has hogged the camera and peddled his pyramid scheme juice for years. Surely he has plenty of MonaVie money squirreled away. Good riddance.
- They have a new Maxie. Like her so far. Cute and not overeaching as much as the previous actress. With this one, the quirkiness comes naturally.
They use to make over the air announcements of actor replacements.
I am a OLTL crossover who is now getting into GH but it has taken awhile. I do love Roger and I never thought I'd say it--- I even like Michael Easton on this....
- R41, the "new" Maxie was the previous one. She had some health issues and was away for over a year.
- R41 I don't get it. I like ME here too. It's weird.
- Can't stand the old Maxie. She was horrible on Days of our Lives and even worse on this show. Thought new Maxie was at least believable. Every time old Maxie speaks, sounds like she's reading lines.
- Is it true FloLo is back this week?
- Tennessee has no state income tax, that's probably why he's moving there.
- OMG, that's Bea Arthur hosting the show in R11's link. And it's in 1988, right in the middle of The Golden Girls, so she couldn't have needed the work.
- Thanks R41-- did not know that. Never watched until the OLTL cross over and Robin Mattson came back.
- R43- I HATED him on OLTL. I was glad when he was in that accident and he was presumed dead. Now it's like a different character. He's acting the same, same long hair, same whispered lines.. maybe it's because he is a reminder of Llanview.
- Does he still look like he'd stink?
- I guess he does but there's something about him in Port Charles that makes him way more likable.
- He's still ugly.
- True R51.
And we don't have to deal with Natalie...
- R49, I think it's because when he was in Llandview there were more interesting characters on that show. I don't feel GH has as many good characters. That's why I think he sticks out more now than he did then. JMO.
- Good point R55
OLTL crossover and the former Trevor St. John Troll
- I love TSJ too! He is my ultimate crush. That man is so talented and sexy. I know he's straight and all but man is he hot.
- There is a rumor circulating that Brian Gaskill (Rafe the angel on Port Charles) was a favorite for a Victor Jr recast on the online OLTL since TSJ would not be returning long term. I don't believe it for a second. TSJ could not be more different from Gaskill, who is sloppy and unkempt and has long been rumored to have drug/alcohol problems.
- Steve Burton, thanks for posting here! I do remember you in "The Last Castle" with Robert Redford. I don't think you realize that you're popular here, and everyone knows you from General Hospital.
The guys posting here are the usual clowns, so don't take things too seriously here. I hope you find help soon, good luck!
Feel free to post here anytime.
- Bree Williamson was also not doing the online thing so they were obviously planning to recast Jessica as well since she wasn't written out in the finale. I'd be interested in where the show was headed had OLTL continued online. Surely Carlivatti had some story outlines already put together for early 2012. I wonder if he's used any of that material on GH.
- r60, the word was that John and Natalie would be "the new Bo and Nora", solving crimes while in love, but I think that was just the pitch. They were already setting some stuff up. RC was never a fan of John and Natalie, more a Natalie fan. And in the last months and weeks of the show he was playing John and Tea up together in scenes that grew very intimate. I think that would have been his angle to bust John and Natalie up and create drama for Tea when Victor returned.
They were supposed to be intent on going forward with "the two Todds" even if they had to recast Victor. Roger Howarth was expected to be back once he had a pre scheduled break and assuming they could iron out his contract negotiation, but in the meantime Blair was going to be with Ted King's Tomas, as she is now. Even on GH I don't think that is going to last, since KDP is coming back this month or next and is rumored to be staying.
They were going to recast Starr and Jessica since Kristen Alderson was moving to Los Angeles. And I know they wanted to keep Josh Kelly as Cutter Wentworth.
- R58, I admit that I don't know who BG is but I believe you. The only person I think could have handled Victor/Todd would be Michael Muhney from Y&R. I also think TSJ would be a good replacement for MM (Adam) if he should ever leave. Both of those actors should have producers begging at their feet.
- Frank puts the money up front in the promo for GH's move to 2 PM. This show is so much better since they canned the old writers. They actually showcase Ingo Rademacher and Nancy Lee Grahn.
- R45-- she was back today!!!!!!
- I don't know where that Brian Gaskill rumor came from, but I always thought it was bull. There's just no comparison. No way could BG capture the intensity TSJ brought. Michael Muhney could and he's also physically similar to TSJ. One name thrown around that would have been really interesting is Rick Hearst.
Just caught up with Friday's show and my girl FL looked great with cute baby "Victor". Robin Mattson always makes any show worth watching.
- Are Steve Burton and Scott Reeves friends with this guy? He could use some help now.
- There are rumors swirling that Kin Shriner and Rick Hearst are both on their way back to GH. The Hearst thing seems very likely as last week on the show, Molly made a point of saying her letters to Ric in LA were coming back "return to sender" and she doesn't know where he is.
- Sounds like the GH cast will soon be big enough for 2 shows. Can Maura West be far behind?
- Roger looked really hot all sweaty and stuff.
- Just a heads up--GH moves into its new time slot today. Check your local listings.
- I hope they keep Robin Mattson. She is great. Is it true that Kassie (Blair) is coming back?
- Kassie is back either this month or sometime next, r71.
- GH hit a 2.5 yesterday in its new slot! See what happens when you promote the show even slightly ABC?
- What a great tribute to John Ingle today. I had no idea he was so ill.
- Oh. My. God.
- Is Steve still gay?
- What's the latest about Ronn Moss and GH? Does it look like he well do short term role?
- I havn't heard anything about Ron Moss coming to GH. I did hear a rumor about Jack Wagner coming back to throw a wrench in the Mac/Felicia reunion. Ron would make a good Frisco recast if JW can't/won't come back.
- Does Jack look decent?
- Huge rumour is that Steve Burton is taking over Billy Miller's role.
- Jack Wagner looks wrinkled and 60. Years of golfing without sunscreen.
- Crap on a cracker, I hope the Billy Miller rumor is not true. He is a way better actor than Steve Burton and way more attractive. Friends of Jill will start destroying the show sooner rather than later.
- I think I read in another thread that Billy Miller isn't definitely leaving.
- R80, that's crazy. I'm sure JFP is somewhat unrealistic about SB (she let him eat GH after all), but I don't think even she would believe Jess Walton looks like his mother.
What Billy Miller does is not acting. He's in there to ham it up, much more appropriate to a BBC sitcom than a soap.
- If Burton debulked, you have to admit that he and Billy Miller could be twins.
- Sean Kaanan is returning to GH the day after SB leaves.
- [quote]If Burton debulked, you have to admit that he and Billy Miller could be twins.
Nope. They have two different looks. Billy Miller has a wider smile and a more jovial look about him.
They both have great tits, however. Billy's are even more suckable than Steve's.
- Billy's wonderful tits
- Let's have a closer look at Steve's to be sure
- Burton's body will only take him so far. If he does go to Y&R they will probably link him to Victor Newman so he can start hogging airtime ASAP!
- My girl FL rocked her scenes yesterday. She and Todd were the best part of the show. I loved the way she stroked his arm and hair as she delivered her lines so icily.
- Agree R92. I wish she'd stick around.
- Wherent there rumors that Victor JR (TSJ) was coming to Gh? If so she could stick around. If not, who else could she be paired with? Shes too good for Sonny but she would make one helluva mob lawyer. I can't really think of anyone else is her age bracket other than John, Todd, steven lars, Sonny...although age means nothing. They could have her date Morgan in a few months.
- [quote]Wherent there rumors that Victor JR (TSJ) was coming to Gh? If so she could stick around.
The former TSJ fc/sf/ca Troll
- I would bet that TSJ will be back for the Victor-is-alive reveal, but I wouldn't count on it being more than a few days' worth of work for him - at least for now. I think while RH has resigned himself to being a soap actor (and it shows in his work), TSJ is still clinging to hope for a primetime or film career.
- He was shot on Friday so it looks like his run is indeed coming to an end.
- GH is currently auditioning guys to add to the cast.
- Shirtless Todd on today's GH!!! He looks good.
- Todd's shirtless scene was hot today. And what a nice butt on him too.
- Laura Wright has really terrible teeth.
And a gigantic ass.
The Voice of the Night
- Is Genie coming back? Would live her paired with Kin.
- Is Kin back? Or are you suggesting that both Genie and Kin should return?
I wouldn't mind seeing you return Celia, but something tells me you might be the recipient of some horrid plastic surgery in recent years. Just a guess.
- Kin was considered for part of what became the upcoming Qs/business arc. Scott was going to come in and run a con, making big moves and pinning them on the dead Franco. Instead RC went with bringing AJ back and having him become a bigger force on GH.
- It's genious bringing AJ back. Even more genius having him played by Sean Kanan.
- Sean Kanan did not burn up our TV screens on Y&R and B&B. The jury is out on what he'll do for GH. My guess is not much. I think his only reason for being hired at GH is his resemblance to Steve Burton, but who cares about that?
- Sean Kanan was the original AJ...
- Back when he looked a lot better than he does today. That was a long time ago.
- R101, oddly Laura Wright has just developed the larger ass in the last 6 months or year.
She never had a large ass before 6 months or a year ago.
Her hips have also become quite a bit more broad in the last 6 months.
I find her very attractive though. A seriously good looking woman!
- Billy Miller is not looking well right now.
He looks very pale, overweight, chubby, and he stopped getting his hair blonde highlighted.
He looks a lot better with blonde highlights (or predominantly blonde)
He should also comb his hair over the two balding widow peaks and receding hairline which he was doing until very recently.
He was excellent in a recent Lifetime channel movie playing the husband who killed his new wife on their honeymoon when they were scuba diving by pulling out her airhose.
He was very cute up until the last two months.
- What is Steve Burton planning to do now that is gone from General Hospital?
- She grew a huge set of hips when she was pregnant with her youngest child and she never really lost it. Part of the problem is wardrobe, who keep letting her go braless even though her tits hang down near her waist. They also keep emphasizing her wide butt.
It was even worse when she was allowed to choose her own wardrobe.
- Daytime Confidential is reporting that Wally Kurth and Robin Christopher are returning. Supposedly we'll be seeing more of Tea and Blair also.
- Great news, r113. The Quartermaines need to be on more often. Decimating them was one of Frons' worst mistakes. With AJ coming back I hope Michael's connection is explored. Anything to reduce the airtime of the mob and Sonny. I would also like to see Jax come back; he and Skye had great chemistry. I also liked Ned and Alexis back in the day.
- Alexis got huge breast implants a year or so ago and has looked overweight ever since.
The breast implants are way too large.
She seems to have gained weight - the weight gain is obvious - and the big breast implants do not help.
- Ned will be back for Edward's funeral. Skye will be mixing it up with Todd. They have lots of history going back to Skye's OLTL run.
- I was thinking Nancy Grahn had put on a few (still flawlessly beautiful) but I hadn't noticed the implants. I'll have to pay attention to her jugs next time.
- AJ and Michael will be rivals for ELQ - due to Edward Q's will. Michael will stand by baby Daniel.
- I loved Ned and Alexis. I hope Ned is back for a long visit.
- Isn't Maxie even a little afraid that there's a Hell?
The Voice of the Night
- Technically, Sean wasn't the first AJ - besides the many child actors, the first 'adult' to play AJ was Gerald Hopkins - but admittedly, Sean had the more memorable run of the two - and then along came Billy Warlock.
- Gerald Hopkins was cute and looked like Stuart D.
- What would we do without you r121?
- I'd like to see Steve and that husky hunk Brandon Barash get together and fuck.
- Fuck that, R124. *I* want to fuck Barash.
- Sean Kanan looks kind of like Steve Burton melted a little.
- Great to see Sean back as AJ. Wonder if he's just a figment on Monica's imagination or if he's real.
Sean looks great for 45, better than he did a few years ago on Y&R. Has he has face work?
- Not before me, R125. He (and Y&R's Billy Miller) has some of the best tits I've ever seen on a guy.
- I agree this Sean Kanan is cute... don't know anything about him. Is he in the Jesus juice business like Steve Burton and that overly tan doctor Steven Lars?
newbie from One Life to Live still learning about GH
- I don't think SK is a religious guy, I have never heard that about him. I am so glad that fucker Burton is off my screen - him and his creepy stare and his one-note acting.
- He'll be on Y&R soon enough.
- I know Sean is Jewish
- I was standing about a foot and a half away from Dr. Patrick Drake this weekend. Nodded and made eye contact. You'll never convince me he doesn't play for our team.
- Steve went from twink (Out Of This World to He-Man (these days). Steroids?
- Steve went from twink (Out Of This World to He-Man (these days). Steroids?
Most likely. He went to Hawaii at least twice and saw a personal trainer there. Both times he came back looking very moon-faced and different. Subsequent to each visit, he put on a very large amount of muscle mass.
- r133 I've gotten a similar impression off Jason Thompson.
Was waiting with some other fans outside a post daytime Emmy party. We were just there to see who was coming and going.
When Jason walked out, some of the female fans rushed up to get autographs and photos. I stood back and just observed it all, as I had done all night.
So, while all these women are up in his face, who does Jason start checking out? Moi.
- He was with three other guys in a very prominently gay area of town r136. He's not as tall as he seems on TV and VERY skinny. I guess the camera really does add ten pounds.
- This is kind of off topic, but I went to the Days of our Lives Facebook page and women are freaking out over the gay bedroom scenes between Will and Sonny, so much for the misconception that women are more comfortable with homosexuality than straight men! You should really go on the Days FB page the homophobia is unbelievable in 2012, women are saying how gross and disgusting two guys kissing is and how they're done with the show, on top of that some dude posted that he don't want his kids watching some fags making out on TV in which a bunch of fraus immediately liked his comment! The sheer hatred aimed at gay men in this society is still unbelievable! Lesbians have it so much easier, the most anti-gay male straight guy LOVES seeing2 women together, while straight women could care less, but when it comes to 1 men together all her breaks loose. It's like how dare good looking guts not love pussy, how dare they? This world is so fucked and backwards when it comes to this issue, meanwhile gay male youth continue to kill themselves at an akarming rate. It's disgusting and I'm tired of all the homophobia being directed at gay men and then using a God that may or may not exist to justify it.
- r137 What part of town? Silverlake? Weho? Where?
Were they outside a club or what?
Details, please. Inquiring minds want to know!
- Ran into him Saturday on Bourbon St near the 800 block. I was in town for the Madonna concert, not sure why he was there.
- The Jews really do control the media don't they? I'm not racist ro anything but the Jews somehows always get these lucrative jobs... $30-40 million just to leave?
- Is KdP back in time to sing us a country ditty for sweeps?
The Voice of the Night
- Kassie and Florencia literally got stuck at the airport over the weekend.
Their airdates have been rescheduled for whenever they can get out of town.
- KDP and FL were also on twitter considering doing a Thelma & Louise and taking it on the road to CA by car. That would've been worth watching. They are close friends.
- That's a message from God, r143. He sent the Hurricane to NY for the express reason to keep OLTL people away from GH.
- What do we know about hunkalicious EP Frank Valentini?
- I know you'll have to wait in line if you want a turn with him R146.
- Frank and Ron are bringing back the Nurse's Ball aren't they? It was basically foreshadowed today.
- They're bringing back the Nurses' Ball to spotlight the dubious singing talents of Starr and Blair.
- Will Blair and Carly have a dust up over Todd? They seem so much alike.
Heads up! Shirtless Roger on Friday~
- [quote] They're bringing back the Nurses' Ball to spotlight the dubious singing talents of Starr and Blair.
Oh no!! Still have not recovered from Blair warbling "All That Jazz" and little Starr tapping away in the OLTL 'very special salute to Kander and Ebb prison musical' special from years ago.
- Starr and Blair duet. So disgusting, my cat left home rather than listen to any more.
- Jason Thompson looked adorable in his racecar driver costume today.
So glad they are reviving the Nurses Ball. Paging Lucy Coe.
- Frank and Ron love a ball - every year on OLTL they had the big "Heart Ball" where all the women wore red.
And they also love TO ball....
- He was there for the same reason you were, R140.
The Madonna concert.
- It's the KISH crisis from OLTL all over again, R138.
Watch TPTB drop that storyline like a hot potato before the end of the year....
- Fuck yeah!
The Voice of the Night
- Great, another veteran whose history and character they can re-write to suit themselves. Maybe they'll even have to re-write it several times to make it fit the story they want to tell.
Can you give give some examples of Ron and Frank rewriting history to suit themselves?
- I can't think of one veteran who returned whose history was rewritten. They explained Duke being alive, farfetched as it was, but it did not rewrite history except he is alive instead of dead; same with A.J. in fact Ron is making great use of A.J.'s history with Carly and Sonny and has been right on the money. Can't believe people want to continue to whine because their fave Guza, the master of rewriting history and character destruction, is no longer around to write the laughable mob story. Steve Burton's fans are pissed off and blaming Frank/Ron for Stone Cold's departure. Frankly, it was 5 years overdue.
- The 80s characters he has brought back are not the original characters. For example, Anna would not have wiped her boots on Luke and the history re-write is that she didn't really know him back then. Her character has been re-written for the continued sanctification of Luke the rapist. Anna never took a back seat to the men in her life. Remember, she was Anna Peel, and Anna Peel did not exist to support a male character.
Robert would never have acted the way he did around Robin's supposed death. Robert was John Steed and he always kept his head.
I'm not watching now, but I've been told Duke is also not being written in character.
Monica certainly is not anything like her former self.
- [quote]For example, Anna would not have wiped her boots on Luke and the history re-write is that she didn't really know him back then.
Sorry, but that was confusing. I should have said the history re-write is that she knew him well back then when that is not true. They were barely acquainted.
While I'm enjoying Sean's return as AJ and willing to suspend belief about his "death," there's one thing that seems strange.
On the fake passport AJ is using, I freeze framed the scene and saw it was issued in October 2004 under the name of Tolliver Crane. Then Alice made a point of saying it was issued after AJ died, which Monica didn't dispute.
The strange thing is that AJ died during the May 2005 sweeps.
What difference does a year make? Why are they now saying it was 2004?
As much research as they did into AJ's backstory to get it right, they would have surely found the correct date. So, why not use it?
- Have they noted that Crane Tolliver was Lila's first husband who never divorced her, thus making Alan and Tracy illegitimate? And he was later the killer of Susan Moore, Jason's mother? Is that why they picked the name?
- Tristan Rogers is returning November 15!
- When Anna did a guest stint during May 2006 sweeps, that was the first time that Luke and Anna had ever had scenes together. They specifically addressed it as the first time they had met, even though they had heard of each other.
As I recall, her debut scene was climbing down the helecopter ladder and punching Luke, later explaining she had some grievance about him.
- Oh, another thrill. But no.
A young friend calls it Zombie Hospital now.
When I see stills with more than one of the 80s zombies, I wonder how much money was spent on plastic surgery by the subjects of those photos. Yikes, not a natural looking face among them.
- [quote]The Jews really do control the media don't they? I'm not racist ro anything but the Jews somehows always get these lucrative jobs... $30-40 million just to leave?
Maybe the Jews are smarter and study more than your kind.
- I love the people who say they are not watching GH but have an in-depth opinion about it because of what "a friend told them", LOL. I assume they are the Guzaites who seem to forget no one trashed returning characters they way he did. RC at least gives them dignity, like Anna still being a kick ass who does not take anything off a man and can take care of herself. She always, however, caved when it came to Duke and would make excuses. So that is right on with her character. Duke's whole story has not played out yet; otherwise there is no difference in his character's personality; he seems like a bad guy this time around, but it is a red herring at this point. Anyone watching the show would know how much it has improved.
Heather Webber is still a psycho and A.J. is exactly the same and bringing some great story. Monica is also the same, no different and she and Tracy are getting a ton of screentime.
- There is a theory floating around that Duke is really Faison, and that could explain why he seems extra evil this time around.
- I'm glad they're using history and revisiting what Carly and Sonny did to AJ. I was so bugged by previous writers' propping up of a mobster who tortured and forced a man to give up his legal rights to his son. That angel always irked me. AJ was depicted as horrible because he didn't want his son to be around a mobster. Michael finding out how bad Sonny and Carly were to AJ is great. I would love it if Michael starts interacting with the Quartermaines more. Too band Edward and Alan won't be on the canvas.
- Angel should be angle. Pardon the typo.
- I'm Anna Devane, and I have poor eyesight when it comes to latex masks.
- Not to mention kissing rubbery lips.
Looks like my prediction about Ned leading the clan in "We Gather Together" this Thanksgiving might turn out to be true -- I recently saw a clue dropped on one of the spoiler boards that "pizza will be served" at Edward's memorial. We all know what that means...
- Both Ned and Skye are back this month for the memorial/Thanksgiving. Skye tangles with Blair, her old OLTL nemesis, who returns along with Tea around November 26th or 27th.
The Nurses Ball returns in December with Lucy Coe and others, and is a tribute to both Edward and Robin.
- So, is it Faison underneath that mask?
Perhaps Damian Smith returned to life wanting to get his share of the mob?
Or Anthony Zacchura?
Whoever it is, it has to be someone Robin knows since she was so afraid of him/her.
Maybe its Lisa Niles.
- Funny how General Hospital has brought in the experienced soap opera actor to play AJ now but they've made it so that actor looks as much like Steve Burton as possible.
I've seen this actor on other soaps.
He has now beefed up tremendously like Steve Burton was - he's become very thick and muscled - and he's beeen given the same haircut as Steve Burton - thick hair standing straight up like a thick flat top.
- I always thought they looked alike r177. Back in the early 90's when I was younger I actually thought they really were brothers.
Lifetime is currently casting, "The Sandra Bernhardt Story". You kinda look like her. Why don't you give it a shot?
- Given the intermingling of OLTL characters with the GH crowd, I'd be willing to bet that under the mask is: Trevor St. John as Victor Lord, Jr.!
- The actor who General Hospital has just brought in as AJ was very recently on Bold and Beautiful and he had longish hair slicked back in a completely different style from the Steve Burton haircut and he wasn't anywhere near as bulked up as he suddenly is on General Hospital.
- Um, r177 and r181 - the actor playing A.J. (Sean Kanan) also played A.J. previously throughout the 1990s, opposite Steve Burton. He was playing A.J. when Jason had his car crash and when A.J. and Carly hooked up and made Michael. He left the role and was replaced by Billy Warlock, but he is back now.
- Stop with 'um' you pretentious asshole, R182.
- Kanan was fired from GH because of his bad boy ways. He was a drinker and drugged a lot and fucked a lot of chicks. His behavior was too much for the set where in the 70s coke and speed used to flow like water. Anyway, he cleaned his act up.
I think the current writer of the show is too showy and cheesy, but I have to admit that the show is fun to watch. With the old regime gone they can show the Quartermaine's more.
- Faison would be about 90 by now. If he and Anna have sex she won't need to see where a mask ends off to know that's not Duke. Faison should have some really low wrinkled hangers by now.
Wasn't the actor who just came back as AJ the one who played AJ from the time AJ was SORASED coming home from boarding school?
Gotta hand it to RC, he's making me try to make all these memory connection from watching GH back in the day.
- Anders Hove the actor who portrayed Faison is 56 r185.
- 56? Really. He looked about 60 all those years ago. He must have had a hard life.
- Some men go grey in their 20's.
- WHO names their child Cesar Faison!?
- [quote]WHO names their child Cesar Faison!?
Tell me about it.
- r177 It was the same haircut that Sean Kanan had on B&B playing Deacon over the summer.
- Did Bree Williamson get another soap?
- Bree is going to be in the new NBC drama Deception premiering in January.
- I wish GH would bring in Debbi Morgan as Dr. Angie Hubbard and somehow lure Peter Bergman over to play Dr. Cliff Warner.
- I don't think Ron does black characters. See how he has backburnered Sean?
- Ron C. does black characters. He brought back Rachel Gannon and created the Evans family. Not sure why GH is so white washed again. I don't think the Sean character ever caught on but why not bring back Simone Hardy and her presumably now grown son?
- Steve Hardy is your father!
Jeff, STEEEVE Harday is YOUR Far-tha!
- Use the force, Audrey.
- R196, great idea! Why not bring back Tom Hardy (last played by Matt Ashford) while they're at it? I miss the Hardys.
Isn't the actor plating Sean filiming some big mvie? Star Trek 2 I think>
- No, Valentini said in an interview that he doesn't plan to have any black characters because Port Charles is in upstate New York and it wouldn't be realistic. Sean is going to be found out to have been in league with Faison and quickly killed.
- I loved original recipe AJ, he was so hot and I loved hearing about off set bad boy ways. Steve and Sean really looked like brothers back in the day. I hated to see Sean go. I'm glad he's coming back. I haven't watched GH since 2009. I need to catch up.
R189 & R190 What?!? Cesar Faison is a badass name! Granted, it is too much name for a child.
- [quote]Steve and Sean really looked like brothers back in the day.
They sure did. The only problem was that it didn't make a lot of sense for them to look alike when they didn't look like their father Alan, grandfather Edward or grandmother Lila.
They looked like Monica and Jason wasn't related to Monica.
- They looked just like a young Stuart Damon, which is why the casting was perfect. Look at old tapes and you'll see. The only thing that didn't make sense was that Jason and AJ shared a room in the Q's mansion. Why?
- Thanks R193!
- [quote]The only thing that didn't make sense was that Jason and AJ shared a room in the Q's mansion. Why?
Okay so I wasn't the only one who caught this. The Q compound is supposed to be a sprawling estate and poor A.J. and Jason shared a small bedroom through their teens??
- It's great that GH is now playing with its history.
Next up seems to be Lucy Coe and the Nurses Ball. It's likely that Lucy will help turn mousy Sabrina glamourous, just like what happened when Lucy joined GH.
- Is Lucy a nice character or evil?
former OLTL fan,liking GH but still struggling
to figure out who's who.
- The real Duke Lavery lives!
- Lucy Coe is back in December.
Skye Chandler, Tea and Blair return at the end of the month.
- Lucy was like Blair Cramer.
Started as a troublemaker, married a bunch of guys and then settled into being mostly nice.
- How many gay men ar on/have been on General Hospital?
- In case any of you are interested. Frank made a call to Genie and Genie said that she wasn't interested at this time, but would be willing to take a meeting with Rob and Frank after the holidays to discuss story.
Also someone is going to do a documentary within on the show in GH and Port Charles. It will be shot like The Office or Modern Family and will have characters breaking the 4th Wall. It will be around the 50th anniversary.
- Let's make a list R212.
Here's two for starters:
1) Anthony Geary
2) Ian Buchanan
- r213 - anything on the OLTLers? Todd, John, Blair, Natalie?
- How funny is it that Geary and Buchanan are fighting over the same woman?!
- Over the years, GH has been gayer than an IKEA on Super Bowl Sunday.
Colton Scott (who later changed his name to Stephen Martines)
Richard Dean Anderson
Probably many others too
- Any "0penly" gay guys on GH?
- Marco at R217, why did you include Billy Warlock in that list? What info do you know about him? My knowledge is he's always been involved with women.
Married to Marcy Walker in the mid-80s. Divorced.
Hooked up with Erika Eleniak in the late 80s and early 90s. Engaged and broke it off.
Engaged to Julie Pinson in the late 90s. Broke it off. Got back together with Pinson and married about 6 or 7 years ago. Still married.
I suppose they could all be beards, but Walker and Eleniak have had other marriages and are now largely out of the spotlight, so I'm guessing they're straight. And I know Walker still speaks kindly of Warlock.
- Ingo Rademacher? Why would he bother getting married?
- [R201] There are no black people in upstate NY? That is a dumb remark. I am sure there are some.
- R217. Ingo is a known man whoar. He dated several of his castmates on GH...Elizabeth (can't think of her real name) Emily (she also dated Tyler C) Brenda Marcil?. And, I remember he had a little incident at one of the Soap Awards events. He got punched or almost got into a fight for coming on to an actress from another show. The BF was from the other show as well. Ingo said he was a little tipsy and didn't mean any harm. There was a write up on the incident at the time. That being said, he could be gay, I've just hadn't heard any whispers about him.
- Lucy had a gay friend back in the 90's but I can't remember his name. Laura's business partner Elton way gay and stayed recurring for awhile. Bobbie's son Lucas is gay but he hasn't been seen in many years.
- [quote]Also someone is going to do a documentary within on the show in GH and Port Charles. It will be shot like The Office or Modern Family and will have characters breaking the 4th Wall. It will be around the 50th anniversary.
All My Children already did this for its 40th anniversary and I hated it.
- I am freaking loving GH these days! And this is coming from someone who turned it off years ago because the mob crap was making me ill. It is an ensemble once again. So many old favorites back. It almost makes me sick to think how much better OLTL could have been in its final years if Frank and Ron had carte blanche with no Frons.
- r219, 220, 222 are evidence the fraus have invaded this thread.
- R227, I'm not a Frau. I'm a guy who has had a crush on Warlock since he was Frankie on Days, but was not aware of gay rumors. That's why I asked for what the rumors were, and just posted the relationships I'm aware of. I would welcome news of him being gay, although it would surprise me.
I've heard rumors about the other men Marco mentioned, so I didn't ask further about them.
- [quote]Lucy had a gay friend back in the 90's but I can't remember his name
John Hanley. The actor who played him, Lee Mathis, was dying from AIDS and was in danger of losing his union health insurance, so he put an ad in Variety begging someone to give him a job. Wendy Riche saw the ad, had Claire Labine create a character for him, and promised him that she would make sure he had at least a little work every year for as long as he lived. He passed away just shy of filming of the Nurses Ball in '95 or '96, and they dedicated it to his memory. Lynn Herring said having to film a scene where Lucy announced the character's passing was one of the hardest thing she'd ever had to do.
[quote]I'm a guy who has had a crush on Warlock since he was Frankie on Days, but was not aware of gay rumors. That's why I asked for what the rumors were, and just posted the relationships I'm aware of. I would welcome news of him being gay, although it would surprise me.
The reason Marcy Walker divorced him was that she caught him in bed with another man. There was also a rumor that he had been shared among between Jack Wagner, John Stamos, and Kin Shriner back in the early 80s. I seem to remember rumors that he and Kin had taken back up in the late 90s.
The Voice of the Night
- Who lit a fire under Laura Wright?
Catching up with the past week on Hulu, I've realized that I've liked her performance as Carly in the past month and change more than I ever have previously.
The Voice of the Night
- Carly seems like Blair Cramer to me. How will that be when KDP comes back? Or, is it short term?
- So this Robin character... she has been on the show since she was a child? I assume she is a good character. When she was 'killed off' I wonder if the writers already had it in their heads to bring her back? Whos is the guy pretending to be Ian Buchanan?
Another OLT'Live-er coming on board with this show and loving it.
- Robin came on the show in the early 90's (I think or late 80s?)as Anna Devane's daughter. It turned out she was Robert's daughter too. If you watched GH over the years you pretty much saw Robin grow up. She was very cute as a child actor and became a good actress as she got older. She's one of the very few who never got SORASed.
- Robin is just about the only character on a soap that ever got to age in real time. Kim McCullough has played her on and off since she was a little girl.
Yes, she is a very good character. Of all the canvas right now, I'd argue that Robin, Anna, and Alexis are probably the show's most unambiguous heroines. She became HIV-positive back in the mid 90s, during a wonderfully executed storyline with her boyfriend Stone, who was a former teen runaway who was sort of Sonny's adoptive son/little brother (this was back before Sonny became completely detestable). She left the canvas at first when Kim went to college (she started at Columbia, but I don't think she finished), and again when she wanted to try other things. She returned eight or nine years ago as a doctor, ready to start her residency at GH. She got involved in a very complicated relationship with former womanizer Patrick Drake (detailed in the SoapNet primetime spinoff Night Shift), got pregnant, and had baby Emma. Kim was so fed up with the show's direction, she was ready to up and quit for good, but when Frank Valentini took over, he managed to convince her to stay, pre-tape some stuff so she could take some time off, and then return in the future.
[quote]Whos is the guy pretending to be Ian Buchanan?
Cesar Faison, an evil, evil man who worked for Anna Devane at her spy agency, the DVX. He is obsessed with Anna, and has a fondness for kidnapping people, having done so with Felicia, Anna herself, Robin, Lucky Spencer (on Helena Cassadine's orders), and now Robin again.
As fucked up as it is, it really plays with the show's history perfectly.
The Voice of the Night
- Thanks for the recap Voice. It brings back great memories of when GH was a top shelf soap.
I remember through those years routing for Robert and Anna. I hated Duke. It would be fun to revisit that too. I also thought Faison was one of the best soap villans.
- Guess Laura Wright decided she didn't want a "Hi, I'm Laura Wright, and I'm unemployed" thread.
She must have realized that she now needs to earn her paycheck.
- Okay, so Sabrina catching Patrick shirtless yesterday? First time Jason Thompson has ever really pinged for me, but I totally see it now.
The Voice of the Night
- [quote]Guess Laura Wright decided she didn't want a "Hi, I'm Laura Wright, and I'm unemployed" thread.
Honest to God, it's like she's a new character. I'm actually enjoying her scenes. Everything she's done since Jason died has been great.
The Voice of the Night
- I just noticed that his body his awful. He's skinny as a bird. I would have recasted that part years ago.
Laura Wright is a smart cookie. She is one of those actors who understands that her 'okay' acting abilities means that she will be a standout on a soap and not to go trying to make it in primetime or films. So she stuck with it and has a steady paycheck.
- [quote]I just noticed that his body his awful. He's skinny as a bird. I would have recasted that part years ago.
I actually kind of like that he's not a totally buff hottie. He's a likable actor, and is always able to project that as complicated as his relationship with Robin is, he really loves her, and that he's a good doctor and a better father.
It's probably the "good dad" thing that triggers my nesting instincts.
Anyway, he's a nice counterpoint to roid-rage Burton.
The Voice of the Night
- VOTN, Kim McCullough was accepted into the ABC Young Directors program and that's why she left GH. She has been wanting to direct and she's very happy with the program. After the training I understand there's some sort of apprenticeship program so it's kind of a long-term thing. She hasn't enjoyed acting since she became an adult.
The program she's in is quite a plum apparently. I was surprised when I read the names of those accepted with her. Some of them already have established credentials.
- There are a lot of rumors floating around that both Maurice Benard and Laura Wright are on shaky ground at GH. There's not much story for either of them with the mob going away, so it makes sense that would be happening. They are both very expensive, in GH's top tier salary range, so it also makes sense economically. GH has underperformed in ratings and that means their ad revenues will be less in the coming year.
Wright was really pushing hard for a pairing with Roger Howarth and she was seen humping Frank Valentini's leg at a number of events to try to bring that about. It remains to be seen what will happen there.
So far, nobody seems to know whether KDP is going to be on contract at GH or if this will be another short-term stint. I doubt she wants to leave NYC but she's the family breadwinner and she probably has to go where the work is. If KDP gets a GH contract, that likely means adios to LW no matter how fervently she leg-humps.
- Actually, Kristin Alderson who plays Starr also aged in real time on OLTL.
- The LW/RH pairing seems to be happening at this time. They do seem to fit together but Carly seems to be another Blair anyway.
- I can handle a Carly/Todd pairing. That could be amusing. Better yet pair them and have Jax come back. Todd the bad versus Jax the good could make for a good story.
- [quote]She hasn't enjoyed acting since she became an adult.
That surprises me. She killed it in her scenes with Ian Buchanan and Anders Hove.
I'm going to have a total fanboy moment, and I don't really care: as utterly ridiculous as Faison peeling off his Duke mask was, it was just three different kinds of awesome. First off, it was damned clever of them to use the old footage of Kim as a little girl in order to start her suspicions that "Duke" wasn't who he said he was, all three actors were completely committed to it, and it was just a good moment for Robin that even after being held captive and drugged, SHE was the one who was smart enough to put all the pieces together. It was completely absurd, and I loved every second of it.
As for Carly/Todd, I have to say, as much as I never would have predicted it, even though I'd rather have Blair, I could be in favor of it if Laura Wright is sticking around. Roger looks like he's having fun playing it, and LW is bringing her A game, which, like I've said, is a nice change.
The Voice of the Night
- Carly needs to fuck AJ stat. That is the money shot couple or a Todd/AJ/Carly triangle. Todd and AJ are more or less the same, except the rape stuff.
Did anyone else notice how grainy the old Robin/Duke footage was? Why is that footage in such bad shape?
- It's almost twenty-five years old and they're probably pulling it from the original tapes without remastering them (Because that shit's expensive).
ABC didn't always maintain its tape library very well. Most of OLTL's first ten years is lost. SoapNet was only able to air Ryan's Hope because Claire Labine insisted on keeping her own tapes, and even then, the tape stock they used was so badly degraded a lot of it was unusable. They ended up having to find the first two years in an archive in, naturally, Ireland.
The Voice of the Night
- The only shows with their full catalogs,
Days, YR, Ryan's Hope, The Doctors, Dark Shadows, Santa Barbara, Bold and Beautiful, Passions, Sunset Beach, Loving, The City, Port Charles, Capitol.
- Ryan's Hope doesn't have a full catalog. They weren't able to find a few dozen early episodes anywhere. They had to post recaps to those episodes on the SoapNet website, which were pulled from Labine's own personal library.
The Voice of the Night
- I never implied that Kimberly McCullough's problems with acting were because she doesn't like to act or that she's not good at it. There's a lot more involved in working on a soap than emoting.
She did not like her story a lot of the time, she was very unhappy with GH's management and she hated the backstage stuff. GH has been an unhappy place to work for quite a few years and it seems to be getting worse all the time.
- Couldn't agree with you more, Voice.
There's 'bad' soap opera and there's 'so fantastic that I don't care how they got there' soap opera and that's what the Cesar reveal was.
I don't like the word 'cheesetastic' but I can suspend reality and go with it when the writing, pacing and performances are great. And on Monday they were. Hell, I'm enjoying EVERY day.
Frank and Ron have given the show back to the fans.
Another example of 'so great I don't care how they got there' was the first season of REVENGE.
Loved it. Second season, not so much. Just kill them Emily. Kill them all and let your father get his justice.
- I'm torn on McCullough.
C'mon...give it a little more.
- I'm just going to pop onto Hulu and watch Monica slap Carly about fifteen more times.
I think what's finally got me at least moderately enthusiastic about LW is that they're just writing (and consequently LW is playing) Carly as a straight up bitch. I think I said something to this effect in the previous thread, but Sarah Brown always played Carly as someone who wasn't a good person, but did feel a certain amount of guilt over her scheming (I seem to remember her not being especially proud of her drugging AJ, and I know they had some great scenes where she tried very hard to apologize to Bobbie) AND also made it pretty clear that whatever horrible things Carly did were coming from a place where she was in a tremendous amount of pain. In the weird pretzel logic where Sonny is somehow a good person, we had to try to accept Carly as a good person. Now, she's just awful.
Now, if Alexis ends up as AJ's lawyer and we get some meaty scenes between Alexis and Carly like the ones on NLG's Emmy reel from Summer 2011....
The Voice of the Night
- Dark Shadows has 3-4 missing episodes.
- Guza would have never told ths story. Sonny and Jason were good. AJ was bad. The Qs were bad. There was no middle ground. As bad as AJ was Carly was just as bad and she got it all started.
- Thanks for the recap R234 VOTN
Liking the show but stil trying to figure out all the characters.
OLTL was my show. Started watching GH when I heard Roger was on.
- A.J. is so much more tolerable now that Saint Jason is fish food. I cannot imagine Steve Burton playing scenes where he is held accountable for all the ways he seperated father and son (A.J. and Michael) over the years. Get over it Jason, A.J. is much hotter than you. I cannot wait for Michael to tell off Sonny next. I think Ron cannot stand Sonny and Carly.
- The character of AJ is a big improvement over the way he was written before, but Sean Kanan is a terrible actor.
- [quote]Wright was really pushing hard for a pairing with Roger Howarth and she was seen humping Frank Valentini's leg at a number of events to try to bring that about.
LOL!! Laura humping Frank's leg. That's a hysterical image. Talk about barking up the wrong tree. Now, if Ingo started humping Frank's leg, I'm sure there'd be some action.
r249 Texas also has all the tapes from its 1980-1982 run. Additionally, I believe the syndicated 1984-1985 soap Rituals has its full catalogue.
r219 Check the link below to for a old DL thread about Billy Warlock.
If you're a big Billy Warlock fan and never heard the Kin Shriner rumors, you haven't been on DL very long. Those rumors have been around since the mid 80s. Those rumors exploded about a decade ago -- Kin and Billy, on the same day, made separate press announcements that they were calling off their wedding plans to whatever women they were engaged to at the time. Raised plenty of eyebrows. What an unusual coincidence that two men who were rumored to be lovers would both call off their engagements to women on the same day.
Billy of course, went on to marry Julie Pinson, but Kin is almost 60 and still single, never married.
- Kassie/Blair from OLTL is back at the end of the month for a few days to tussle with Skye and presumably Todd and Carly. I believe she is there during Edward's memorial. Edward will die on the show in a week or so. This will dovetail into the Nurses Ball revival which will be dedicated to both Edward and Robin, and usher on Lucy Coe early next month.
I don't know what they will do with Kassie but they seem committed to keeping Blair present in Todd's life. When he almost did it with Carly he admitted he still loved her, and her last appearance left that door wide open. I think RH and LW have chemistry, but to me it just seems as though Carly is his rebound surrogate for Blair. She even said so that night. I think the real heat is between LW and Sean Kanan. AJ and Carly is destined in the stars, and while Wright is far from my favorite Carly she has been unexpectedly great in the last month. They NEED to go there.
Clarification: Kimberly McCullough DID quit. The previous creative team had scheduled Robin to die permanently from either a car crash or HIV complications. When FV and RC arrived they convinced her to let the character's death be rewritten and to continue to recur. When this story wraps, Robin. Patrick and Emma will either leave town or remain as recurring status players.
- Who's is it that's back? Stone? I can't remember his name. He looks exactly like Jason. He never looked like Jason in the mid-90's. All that juice...
Can i taste yo juice?
- I loved Skye's female rivalries. Skye and Blair:
- Skye and Brenda:
- Skye and Faith:
- Skye and Faith (sapphic scene):
- They're going to string Kate/Connie along until they can get Viki Sleestack, aren't they?
The Voice of the Night
- So, Steve dude, are you a good man in a fist fight? Are all those pretty muscles just for show or can you handle yourself like a man?
- Wow, Anna has the balls to take Dante off a case involving Sonny?
The Voice of the Night
- It was great when Michael called Dante out about Sonny shooting him. This really isn't Guza's GH anymore.
- It's so bizarre. They're actually allowing Carly and Sonny to seem like the bad guys. I know AJ isn't a good guy either, but they're not whitewashing his history. They're clearly setting up that the only real victim in the situation is Michael.
I know people haven't been crazy about Chad Duell, but he's been holding his own with the vets, and that's impressed me.
Also, Tracy's fight with Alice was fucking priceless.
The Voice of the Night
- Voice, I never thought I'd see the day when Sonny and Carly would ever be painted as these anything other than these heroes; my favorite scene this week was when Michael reminded Dante that Sonny shot him in the chest.
And Anna telling Dante to GO HOME.
I also love Monica ripping into Carly.
I wish Carly would stop flailing her arms about; she nearly nicked Judge Judy's cornea.
I'd love to see Michael return to the Q fold and see the Q's beefed up with the returns of Alan, Celia and a few others.
Make them the core family they used to be.
- Chad Duell also has a gorgeous little body.
- I would love to see the Qs back in full strength. Add a core Scorpio and Spencer presence and this show can be something again.
- Yes he does r273 and a rumored sizeable package to go with it.
- Where'd you hear that, r275?
Forget this soap thread, we have a serious fangurl infestation in the 1D threads. They're flocking in from all over the internet.
- Any bets that Robin will break free, get back home and show up at the nurses ball?
- Chad Duel reminds me of a young Trevor St. John.
- That explains it, R279. I don't like Trevor Saint John. They both have that entitled frat boy thing.
- I thought Robin had left the show for good - to pursue other opportunities.
So she changed her mind already?
So many of the soap actors go running back.
- She was trying to pursue some directing opportunities. They were actually going to kill Robin off for real until Frank Valentini intervened at the last minute. I'm not sure if she's back full time. This may still be GH's last hurrah.
- She's recurring. I like to think that McCoullough (sp) and her interesting dentistry felt attached enough to the show to give Robin a better send-off than have her dying to save serial-killer Jason. She has said in interviews that she likes the energy on the GH set a lot more now with the new leadership. I'm glad she's around a few times per month. Patrick's dating life, however, is probably the show's worst B- plot currently going. They need to kill that horrible Britt off yesterday.
- [quote] They're going to string Kate/Connie along until they can get Viki Sleestack, aren't they
If they can get La Slezak back on television, that will guarantee ratings supremacy....
and what about Aunt Dorian - after all, Blair and Starr are already there!
- I watched today's show and was amazed at how good the Michael storyline is. Three awful people trying to explain to their kid who was the bigger victim/bad guy. Excellent story. I FFed the Spinelli bullshit and the mousy nurse/slutty doctor vying for Patrick storyline.
- What is the deal with the Propect Park rights? They keep saying they can't bring certain characters back until the rights revert back to ABC. Yet they can bring on Todd, Starr, Blair, Tea and McBain.
I want my Viki back! And Natalie too!
- GH is gone after 50th anniversary in April. Decision has been made, but they are trying real hard not to let press know for fear of fan reprisals. Sad.....they just care about profits and the crappy reality based shows and news based shows are cheap to produce, even tho they suck! Short sited and stupid management who are too young and don't have a clue. Network being run right now based of efficiency experts suggestions that were done over last 2 years.
- Doubt it r.287. They blew it with that stupid lifestyle show they replaced OLTL with and Katie is not doing what they hoped in the ratings while GH is rising. Nice try though.
- R286, I don't know if you have inside information, but that's the same thing I've been hearing. They'll gear up for the 50th, throw a little farewell party and then it's over.
GH got a bit of a reprieve because they were a better lead-in for Katie than that dreadful Revolution. With Katie and GH both getting bad ratings, there's no way to justify GH. ABC killed all three of its soaps by executive micromanagement.
Disney/ABC may someday realize why it's a bad idea to let 23 year old bean-counters make the network's programmng decisions. So far they haven't got a clue.
This isn't the GH I loved once upon a time, so although I'm feeling a sense of nostalgia for what was (and I'm not talking about GH's 80s bad imitation of the Avengers) I'm not really sad.
- I'm loving GH right now! Came back to it after about an 8 year absence, and it has been firing on all cylinders for the past 3 months or so. I can't believe the difference, it's like night and day. Hardly any Sonny, tons of Anna Devane! I love that it has moved away from the mob, and reembraced old school soap invests. If it as to go in April, at least it's going on a high note.
- I keep waiting for the day when they have Epiphany lay smack down on Obnoxious Dr. Britt for treating Sabrina like her servant.
I guess the best storyline Liz is going to get is being Amy Vining 2012.
The Voice of the Night
- R289 GH is rising in the ratings and has been. I don't know if that means it will be on past April or not, but the ratings are better than anything else in that timeslot and better than Katie's.
- That Spinelli character is stupid and it is so unbelievable that Maxie wants him. It's a waste of a story. Get rid of Spinelli, Patrick, Sabrina, the new doctor. Recast Trey and Starr. Bring back Dylan to go up against Michael.
- I hope your information s wrong. I stopped watching almost 10 year ago but started up again recently. It's a great soap again with alot of promise. It's way better than Y&R these days.
- Wrong, R287. GH is stronger in the ratings than it has been in years, and Valentini is brining the show in under budget by *millions*.
ABC is not losing money on GH, not by a long shot.
Plenty of supposed insiders said the show was gone as of last year and it wasn't. ABC has made ham-handed decisions in the past, to be sure, but it needs the branding the GH and GH alone is bringing to the table.
- Next Week On GH: The Farewell To Edward Quartermaine! Head Scribe Ron Carlivati On What To Expect!
Next week on General Hospital, familiar faces and turkey day traditions mark the emotional goodbye to the beloved Edward Quartermaine all the more special and significant. As soap fans know, John Ingle who passed away in September played Edward for all he is worth and then some. And so, GH head writer Ron Carlivati decided to craft a demise for the character that would have high emotional stakes for the Q family and resonate with the fans of the series!
In the latest edition of Soap Opera Digest on newsstand now, Carlivati discusses why the decision was made to bring Robin Christopher (Skye) and Wally Kurth (Ned) back to the fold at this time, and not others with a connection to Edward, plus what Edward’s death will mean for Tracy (Jane Elliot) and Monica (Leslie Charleson), and what will happen to ELQ? Here are a few excerpts!
Carlivati on the choice of returning characters, Skye and Ned, from a large list of MIA Quartermaines and relatives: “There’s definitely the opportunity there to bring back as many people as you possibly could, but logistically, that’s not possible. And also, I don’t want to overshadow the reactions of everybody who is already there on the canvas. There is a point where it gets to be a balance. Yes, it would be great to have 50 people come back, but at some point, it really wasn’t practical, and so we tried to zero in on a couple who made sense and would have the most impact. Ultimately, that’s what happened and we are thrilled to have Ned and Skye present at Thanksgiving.”
Carlivati on how Tracy will be impacted by Edward’s death: “For Tracy, the loss of her father will absolutely be an important life moment. It was a relationship that was often contentious, but I think the audience understands how much those two loved each other, even though they were often at each other’s throats. So I think for Tracy, it is going to be very, very difficult for her to accept that this man is gone.”
Carlivati on how Monica will be impacted by Edward’s death: “For all intent and purposes, he’s her father. They’ve lived in the same house for how many years? I think it will definitely takes its tool on Monica as well. I think, oddly, that this is a place where Monica and Tracy may end up finding some common ground in their love for Edward. And I think that’s a very real thing that people put aside their differences at a time like this.”
Carlivati on the fate of ELQ: “Obviously, this is an incredibly wealthy family and the fate of the company (ELQ) is something that had been fought over for years. So you can imagine that when the patriarch and the head of the company is not able to be there to run it anymore, there is some potential there fora possible power grab.”
So soapers, are you happy about the choice of Skye and Ned returning? Are you ready to say goodbye to Edward Quartermaine? Who do you think will get their hands on ELQ first after the reading of Edward’s will? Weigh-in!
- Valentino brought OLTL in under budget. There have been no numbers from his time at GH yet. I'm not saying that he is or isn't , but lets wait for the numbers.
- Anders Hove dishes on his return, for once does not seem cranky and insane:
He's met his maker twice but you can't stop Cesar Faison from terrorizing General Hospital! The über-tressed supervillain — played by fan favorite Anders Hove — returned to the ABC soap Nov. 12 in a triple shockaroo. Not only is Faison still alive after supposedly being blown to bits in a boat explosion, he's also the brains behind the kidnapping of Robin Scorpio (Kimberly McCullough). Crazier still, it was also revealed that he's been running around Port Charles in a prosthetic mask pretending to be Duke Lavery (Ian Buchanan). Meanwhile, he's holding the real Duke hostage. TV Guide Magazine rang Hove at his home in Denmark to chat about Faison's freaky return and, of course, we asked him the question on everyone's mind: How the hell does Faison cram all that hair into his Duke mask?
TV Guide Magazine: Your return was a spectacular surprise! The fans are going nuts!
Hove: I'm so happy to hear that. Unfortunately, we don't have GH here in Denmark so I'm missing the reaction. And I'm not the kind of guy who's on Facebook. [Laughs] Maybe I should start! It was quite a surprise that they called at all and very sweet. My God, it's been 22 years since my first time at the show! It's scary how fast time goes. Yet you walk back onto the set after all this time and all the same crew people are there and they're standing in the same places. It's wonderful! And crazy!
TV Guide Magazine: Had you stayed in touch with any of the cast?
Hove: I'm in touch with Tony Geary [Luke] and I talk to Kin Shriner [Scotty] maybe once a month. He keeps me up on what's going on. Two or three months ago, he told me there were rumors on the set that I might be coming back, but I didn't really believe it. There are always rumors.
TV Guide Magazine: Word is, your return wasn't the easiest thing to coordinate.
Hove: I had maybe three or four weeks' notice but getting a visa and work permit wasn't easy at all. ABC helped me find a U.S. lawyer, stationed in London of all places, who helped me out. I was pretty lucky. So I came to Los Angeles and shot for two days and flew out again. It felt so nice and secure on the set, like coming home. But the schedule is so much harder! We used to shoot one episode in a day. I did seven in two days! Kassie DePaiva [Blair] told me she once did four shows in one day. It's incredible what the actors and crew can do now. It's a whole different game nowadays but I love it a lot.
TV Guide Magazine: Will you be back for another run when the truth about Faison emerges?
Hove: I don't know. At least this time around Faison won't be dead — though that's never stopped him before! They'll probably send him to jail but maybe there will be more down the line. If [exec producer] Frank Valentini needs me again, I'm there. I will never let that show down. I'm so excited working with Finola Hughes and love that Faison is so obsessed with Anna. He's genuinely in love with her but has unusual ways to show it. His ability to love so deeply is the only redeeming thing about him. It's a lot of fun to do a character like that. It gives you the liberty to behave horribly. I hadn't seen Finola for many years but we clicked again immediately. She's wonderful to work with and pretty damn demanding. But in a wonderful way. She is determined to squeeze absolutely everything out of a scene.
TV Guide Magazine: Isn't this your first time working with Ian?
Hove: It is! He was leaving the show when I first arrived, but I knew the legend. It feels like I've always known him. He's a true gentleman.
TV Guide Magazine: So how does Faison hide all that wild hair when he's in that mask pretending to be Duke?
Hove: [Laughs] There are some things it's best not to think about. Ian and I aren't even the same height. He's a few inches taller than I am. That Faison is really brilliant!
- TV Guide Magazine: How, as an actor, do you find the reality in such a preposterous situation?
Hove: You must believe, otherwise you go nowhere. The first time I was around, we had some plot about a diamond that was in four pieces and if all the pieces were brought together Faison would have control of all the energy in the world. [Laughs] We also had a space alien named Casey! But we believed wholeheartedly in it. An actor must. There's no way around it. Otherwise it all falls apart.
TV Guide Magazine: Well, it's certainly working this go-round. Your performance is scaring the crap out of me!
Hove: Thank you very much! That's the goal! The fact that Faison is still alive proves anything is possible. You might think the soap audience would not accept this kind of thing but they do. And they do it with a lot of passion. You only find that kind of audience in America. I've never met it anywhere else. One minute they're angry, then happy, then frustrated. But they're always very faithful.
TV Guide Magazine: On top of your soap fame, you're also a big deal on the horror-film circuit. Ever attend a convention?
Hove: I just attended my very first last March, which is where I first met Kassie DePaiva. She was there for her Evil Dead movie and I was there for Subspecies. It was quite an experience. We were in a hotel somewhere out in New Jersey and it was filled with people in costume who remembered us from movies we did more than 20 years ago! It's unbelievable. [Laughs] Like I said, only in America!
- What's Kelly Monaco's storyline now?
- Fucking Val Chmerkovsky while trying to stay on Dancing With the Stars, R300...
Nancy Lee Grahn, ringside every Monday night
- Yes, and given that he did bring OLTL under budget and the ratings for it's replacement The Revolution plummetted, they will not make the same mistake twice.
- Are they really, NLG? Val is super hot.
- Another DLer pointed me to this, a SoapNet promo for the week, including the returns of Ned and Skye. It made me sad and made me smile at the same time.
If it was John Ingle's time, I'm just glad he got his one last episode, and that TPTB understood his place in the show's history and respected his contributions to the canvas.
I said this in the other thread, but I'll say it again: There can't be a harder job for an actor than having to step into a role that another actor has made iconic, but John Ingle did it, and made it look easy.
The Voice of the Night
- This has perked my Internet didn't know Anna was back?
Is Duke back(not Faison). The duke played by Ian Buchanan?
- [quote]Is Duke back(not Faison). The duke played by Ian Buchanan?
Faison is holding Original Recipe Duke at the same clinic in Switzerland where Robin is a prisoner.
The Voice of the Night
- Duke is being held hostage in a room next to Robin. Faison tried to push his buttons last week b/c Duke apparently lied to Faison about his Robin memories, which was why Robin was able to pick up on Faison/Duke not being RealDuke.
That Promo about Edward is already making me teary.
I didn't watch for years so I have no idea or interest in Dante/Lulu. She looks hotter with crazy Johnny.
- But is it actually Ian Buchanan and the actress that plays Robin are they actually back albeit
Pls say yes
- Jeff Branson is out at Y&R. Do you think Jill wants to recast Ronan with Steve Burton?
- Yeah, Ian Buchanan is back. Supposedly, Robin discovers a man she thought 'dead' in the next few months.
- Robert Scorpio is back as well. And he's been great. At least they are writing him in character.
- R311. I just watched some clips on you tube. I'm lovin it. Robert, Anna, robin, duke, Faison.
But please help me with my GH trivia. What happened to holly? Any word that Emma Samms may return?
Pls at yes.
- What connection does Skye have to the Q's? I thought she was Adam Chandler's daughter from All My Children? Can someone fill me in, please.
- Emma Samms won't be back. She weighs about 400 lbs and has lost most of her hair. She tears it out and eats it, apparently.
- She was Skye Quartermain for awhile, r313. I've blocked out all the details.
- It's true about Samms. Also doesn't bathe.
- GH made Skye Alan Quartermaine's daughter with Rae Cummings. They paired her with Ingo Rademacher (Jasper Jacks), Wally Kurth (Ned Ashton), Tony Geary (Luke Spencer) and Ted King (Lorenzo Alcazar).
It didn't work and she never quite caught on with viewers. Robin Christopher is an amazingly beautiful woman but on camera she comes across as very aloof and remote, almost cold. It didn't help that GH had Skye decide to take Alexis' daughter from her simply because she wanted her. ("Pretty little girl. I want her. Give her to me.")
- thank you R317. I appreciate the info.
LOL, R315, after reading what they did with the character I can understand why you did.
- Any chance the writers will bring back Ted King as Alcazar or his OLTL character? he was hot hot hot on GH but didn't kiss up to the evil trio (Guza Burton Benard) which rendered him unpopular and got his character bumped off.
- I'm sorry but David Lewis was the quintessential Edward Quartermaine. I find it strange that everyone is getting all sappy over John Ingle. They should have just recast.
- R314 = Anna Devane.
R316 = Katherine Delafield.
R320 = essentially right, but Ingle deserves props for being a decent guy. He was polite and said thank you more than any other actor I knew.
- Val seems very interested in and attracted to Kelly Monaco, and takes every opportunity to tell her so and tell everyone else too, plus he kisses her on the mouth.
Val may also be playing the game of letting the viewers believe that they are having sex or dating or are in a relationship because a romance garners votes from viewers.
But Val does seem sincere and sincerely interested in Kelly Monaco.
- Does NLG really go to the DWTS shows?
- I don't get the Celia Q love at all. I always thought she looked like a pig. Alexandria was the hot one, ironically, considering her fate. Not much with the acting, but oozed sex. Why she was saddled with that limp dishrag of a love interest I'll never know.
- She sure has been. It's odd because she was barely speaking to Kelly Monaco before this DWTS thing happened. Monaco is pretty notorious for getting drunk a lot and doing no-shows. She was supposed to be a guest at Grahn's Fan Club Weekend soirée over a year ago and she got drunk instead. On top of that, she lied to Grahn about what she was doing (helping a friend who was going through a hard time), but then she tweeted the truth and Grahn saw it. They were on the outs for over a year.
It seems fairly obvious that GH people were asked to be there and support Monaco, who is a mediocre dancer and not popular among GH's cast and crew.
- Celia looked like a pig? Maybe you're confusing her with Lorena Sharpe.
- Nope. Not confused. I remember the big buildup she was given before her big reveal. I was expecting someone whose beauty and smoldering sexuality would eclipse even the memory of Alexandria. Then down the stairs at the Q mansion comes the face of Miss Piggy. Dykey Natalie Dearborn was better looking. I grew to like the character of Celia, but never was she beautiful in my eyes. Definitely not in Alexandria's league at all.
- R20 - ITA about David Lewis. The man was pure gold. He is also the one who won an Emmy. John Ingle was a decent replacement but came across as a much nicer guy than Lewis' Edward who was the epitome of a rich Republican cad. His one-liners were priceless.
I don't think they should recast Edward though. As it was, Ingle was younger than Lewis and realistically Edward would be around 100 now. Time to let the character go.
- Emma Samms still looks lovely. Holly appeared back in February to help write off Ethan Lovett, her illegitimate love child with Luke (the previous writers claimed she and Luke had had a ONS during an offscreen adventure while he was married to Laura - awful retcon). Holly lied to Helena Cassadine and told her that Ethan was Robert's son in order to spare Ethan's life, and Ethan ran off across the globe to flee Helena's clutches before she could learn the truth.
Luke told Robert that Ethan was his as well to stop Robert from flinging himself off a bridge after learning of Robin's "death". Robert is back now and likely still pissed at Luke. Luke is absent at the moment because he went to Turkey to investigate the truth behind the resurrection of Duke Lavery - Duke was held in a Turkish prison for decades before Faison found him - and Luke is currently a 'guest' at the same prison.
Clip of Holly from February below. She also lied to Robert about Ethan to spare his life.
- Edward will pass away either today or tomorrow. Special episode for him on Thanksgiving.
- His last word was "Lila."
The Voice of the Night
- Emma Samms still looks good.
So,are Robert and holly still married?
- Other than NLG, which other GH "stars" have been seen ringside on DWTS, supporting Kelly? I know I saw Tony Geary there early on - but he was probably just there to see the male dancers' asses.
- R327, OMG I couldn't agree more.
Alexandria seemed like a strange choice to kill off given the Q's popularity at the time. This girl was beautiful, but, at times she seemed so nervous that the character was practically stuttering.
Sherilyn was a much better actress.
I could never figure out how she could be a Q and marry Jimmie Lee, Edward's son.
I believe Edward's real son was supposed to be this British doctor who knew Dorie Evans R.N. over in England, but a writing regime changed all that.
- R333, Haley Pullos and Lindsey Morgan, who play Alexis' other daughters, Molly and Kristina, have been there but I don't know how often. Rebecca Herbst, who plays Elizabeth, has been there a few times and she usually brings two of her children along. I think Tony Geary was there once. I don't know that he stayed for the show, but he was photographed before the show.
- I'm amazed but the promo shows Skye is actually bringing a little guest with her today - Lila Rae, her daughter with Lorenzo Alcazar (yes, the middle name is for Rae fucking Cummings). Can't believe Frank and Ron bothered with that.
I never liked Skye on GH much even though Robin Christopher is great. She didn't belong on the other soaps JFP forced her onto and when she started doing summer guest stints after finally being dumped off contract, JFP admitted Skye would only be returning to renew Robin Christopher's health insurance. It's not like the woman is Anna Lee or Lee Mathis. But I do like Skye. I just wish she'd gone back to All My Children. Hopefully RC will have her drop a reference to AMC - Adam Chandler and Edward were business rivals, weren't they? Adam can send his best wishes to the family.
- Will that snooty old bitch Amanda Barrington drop by to pay her respects? The actress who played her, Anne Jeffreys is still alive, believe it or not.
- Wonderful episode today. GH really put past and present together really well. A terrific sendoff for Edward and Lila Quartermine. Today's show ripped your heart out.
- They really did Edward and John Ingle proud.
After the Qs' dinner is traditionally ruined, Alice informs them that their normal pizza parlor is closed for renovations. They all think they'll starve, when a bunch of pizzas mysteriously turn up on the doorstep. Of course, this was Edward, making sure that everything went off okay.
They show the back of his head, lovingly looking at the family singing "We Gather Together," and then they pull back and show that he's there holding hands with Lila. They walk/roll over to the staircase while there's an audio clip of Edward and Lila agreeing to renew their vows. Then Lila gets out of her wheelchair, and they start upstairs.
I'm sure it was really cheesy and I know I'm incapable of looking at it objectively, but I don't care.
The Voice of the Night
- I was in tears watching that. I am a sentimental fool and seeing the Qs arguing again like the good old days was a treat. Noticed no one mentioned Jason's passing. I guess Ned and Skye did not care much. Ron C and Frank V have put a lot into turning this show around and away from that boring and repetitive mob crap. I don't have to look at Marble face Steve Burton anymore and Sonny is just a supporting player now.
- I'm home today so I watched the episode live, even though I'm about a week behind. I won't say too much so it won't be spoiled, but very nice ending. Well done.
- OMG VOTN, I'm crying just reading about it. Watching it is going to be heartbreaking but I won't be able not to watch. I always hope against all common sense that we get to be with our loved ones when we die.
- Didn't Edward cheat on Lila over and over gain. Shouldn't he have been holding hands with Mary Mae?
- I was verklempt.
- The Heather stuff was over the top. What is this fixation RC has for psychotic, camp women?
I found the last episode of OLTL to be sentimental and forced and parts of this episode were similarly strained. Sometimes you have to let an audience come to an emotion themselves without trying to force it over.
- Damnit, it's all these onions for the stuffing. I AM NOT CRYING!!!
I am so glad that Guza isn't around anymore. I shudder to think what today's episode would have been like with him at the helm.
- I didn't really lose it until they pulled back to show Lila was with Edward. I came awfully close during the montage of clips (I had to take points off of Brook-Lyn and Dillon being blurred out, but I realize they didn't/couldn't pay the actors, but was happy they did manage to show Alan and included the clip of Edward performing at the Nurses Ball), but it was really seeing them together that did me in. I was thinking they might show actors as young version of Edward and Lila walking into the light, but somehow, seeing them the way they appeared on the show was a lot more poignant.
[quote]The Heather stuff was over the top.
It was, but it served its purpose: To establish that Heather is still a threat, that there's something in Edward's will, and, of course, to ruin dinner.
That said, Alice knocking her out with AJ's exuberant "NICE!" was almost worth it.
I have to say, in his scenes with Michael, Sonny seemed almost human. Almost.
The Voice of the Night
- Quartermaine Thanksgivings are always hilarious and silly.
AJ's reaction made it gold.
- Todd, Carly and Skye crash Blair's wedding to Tomas Delgado in Llanview next week - when they discover he looks exactly like Lorenzo Alcazar.
- Still available, folks.
- I'm with you VOTN, I've been watching GH on and off for about 25 years and cheesy or not, I
teared up at Edward and Lila walking up those stairs.
- I only caught bits and pieces of it. I will have to go back and watch it online later. I was shocked that we got to see Lila Rae, who we've never seen since she was a baby. Was that Robin Christopher's real life daughter playing her again? I thought it was delicious that they included Heather in this also. I often forget she was Edward's "other wife".
Skye did say that if they had to lose Edward and Jason, it was nice to have AJ back but Ned sad nothing about Jason
- Just watched the Thanksgiving episode. I can t believe how well done it was. I gave up on GH years ago so my expectations were low. I cried like a baby.
- The actor who used to play Lee Baldwin was who stepped in to play Edward there at the end. The voice was John Ingle.
They put some time and effort into that tribute. I was wonderful.
- Oh you were, were you, R355?
- R355 gives good line readings.
- Let's pretend Bob Guza wrote the Edward Quartermaine death and tribute. How would it have played differently?
- No flashbacks, no Lila, just an hour of Sonny remembering Jason and seeing Edward in the background behind Steve Burton.
- If Guza were still around, that would mean JFP was too. Since JFP fired Anna Lee knowing she was near the end of her life and needed her SAG insurance, I'm hoping she would have been too embarrassed or ashamed to bring Lila back to go into the light with Edward (I wouldn't count on her having human emotion).
Heck, JFP would have fired JI because his health had been failing for some time. That would have solved another pesky problem and Thanksgiving would have sucked again.
Guza would have had a rival gangster break into the Q mansion while they were eating pizza. Jason would have gone in with guns blazing to kill the evildoer. Sam would have been right behind him with only her nipples covered and her tits flapping in the breeze.
- Yes, Jason would have been having Thanksgiving dinner with the Qs while a mob rival breaks in and shoots him. Sonny is right behind and arrives in time to kill the shooter but he gets Edward instead. Edward's last dying words would be "Sonny".
The past few weeks showing. The Qs and the Scorpios shows that this could still be a damn good soap.
- Just watched an abbreviated version of it on YouTube. Very touching. And respectful to the viewers as well as GH history. One question---is that Scott Reeves playing Steven Lars? When did he start looking so much more masculine? When he was younger he had total gayface(and everything else).
- Yes, leathery, slut-shaming Scott Reeves is Stephen Lars.
The Voice of the Night
- Still loving me some Heather Webber ...lol
- Thanks to this thread I watched the Thanksgiving episode. I thought it was an amazing tribute. Walking off with Lila was so true to the history of this soap. It s way obvious that there are new people in charge. Unbelievable that it took ABCD this long to figure it out. And yes, I cried.
- Oh, they had it figured out before - at least, for their plans. I don't know what the original plan was when Brian Frons was hired, but his last few years there were along the lines of "do what you can to give the higher ups NO reason to keep soaps around." He was in charge of soaps and his decisions brought them down to the ground. I think this turn around after he left (and GH was on life support), is something of a fluke they weren't planning on but are kind of happy for since ABC's plan to replace soaps with cheaper fare with higher ratings has hit several snags. I think GH is still on borrowed time because ABC will CONTINUE to work to find a cheaper replacement - but with Frons and Guza out of the picture (and Guza wasn't trying to kill the show, he was just a horrible, repetitive, single focused writer), the show actually has something of a fighting chance to extend it's life and at least go out on higher ground when the end eventually comes.
- I always thought that Brian Frons was purposely sabotaging the soaps to get rid of then. Nothing else makes sense.
- Is it true Peter Hansen played Edward in that last shot? Is it possible we will see Lee back when they finally bring Scotty back?
- If Guza had been writing it, there would have been a shoot out at the church. Some hitman going after Sonny's son Michael, but instead taking out Monica.
Michael would have grabbed the gun and started shooting, taking out all four hitmen in just two shots, thereby proving he could be a worthy replacement to Jason as Sonny's enforcer. Also proving once and for all that Michael is truly a Corenthos rather than a Quartermaine.
Few Qs, more mob was always Guza's philosophy. So Edward's death could have accomplished both! Guza would be a happy man.
Then JFP would have produced the hell out of it and submitted the episode as her Emmy reel, thereby winning GH another Emmy for the year
- Anyone else cant stand Sam/Kelly Monaco? Such a low energy character, such a bad actress.
- Well, I cried too.. and I never knew who Lila (Anna Lee) was or Edward for that matter. I am one of the OLTL followers who switched over to GH. Now that some of the characters are beginning to fall in place as I figure out the back stories, I am loving this show.
I do remember Ms. Lee playing one of the nuns in THE SOUND OF MUSIC.
- R370, she's a support system for a pair of tits. She's got nothing else going for her.
- I don't understand the Sam/Monaco fanbase. She is a terrible actress and so fucking boring. I hadn't watched GH for years but I can imagine how horrible she and Steve Burton were 'acting' in scenes together. She needs an energetic actor in her scenes for us not to fall asleep (e.g. Roger Howarth-who should have had scenes with Sam, who he took the baby from instead of harpy Carly).
Praying Maurice Bernard decides to leave.
- Roger Howarth had real chemistry with Kelly Monaco, who does need a good scene partner to work. Their scenes were electric and actually very soulful for Todd. It reminded me of his forbidden romance with Rebecca Lewis, played by Reiko Aylesworth. Carly is just too much.
- I likedSam with Todd and McBain.
- The end of the tribute with Edward and Lila was such a loving hat tip to GH, the Qs and both John Ingle and Anna Lee. I've watched soaps for years and always been intrigued and ultimately disappointed when an actor dies offscreen before they do on the show. I've never seen one use a faceless actor, or pair of them for that matter, to such great effect.
Consistency is definitely not a strong suit of the current GH but by god it's an awesome roller coaster of drama each and every day - make that commercial brake.
I gave up on GH about a year or two into Guza's reign (when Riche left?) after absolutely loving the Labine years. I often followed the ratings and was actually glad when they dropped under Guza/JFP. I saw the great viewer reaction to RC/FV on OLTL and loved the fact they had turned the show around, so I decided to watch GH from around August. I am absolutely loving the show, every day. Such a rarity. I must say most of the stories or characters have very little depth or emotion compared to Labine's days as Head Writer.
That said, loving the reinvigorated GH.
- Promo for the week. Blair, Skye, etc.
- reply 368 Yes, it was Peter Hansen. He and John Ingle were long time friends.
I have no idea if he is coming back. He looked pretty frail himself.
- I've discovered over the past few weeks that I really like Julie Marie Berman, and I think today I finally figured out why. She reminds me so much of Genie Francis. It's not just that Lulu has a lot of Laura's traits, although her decency certainly speaks to that, it's that I could totally buy them as mother and daughter.
I hate to admit this, but Tracy's inheritance being a jar of Pickle-Lila Relish made me smile. Not because I think Tracy is awful, but just because I was glad they remembered Lila's role in getting the Quartermaine fortune back.
The Voice of the Night
- A friend just told me a story about Victoria Wyndham that dates back to the 80's. She and a friend, both in their teens and skipping school, were waiting outside the AW studios, in Brooklyn I believe, hoping to meet a few stars. Out walks Victoria Wyndham but before they could get to her, an older drunk woman pushed them out of the way and started ragging on VW about her hairstyle.
"You used to have the best hairstyle on television. Now you have that fuzzy-wuzzy pubic head."
Wyndham was not amused. She shot the woman one of those angry, icy RACHEL stares and then ran to her limo.
- Nancy Lee Grahn (again!) and Leslie Charleson ringside tonight cheering on Kelly Monaco on DWTS.
- Who's running Kelly's Diner these days?
- Thank you R382! I'be been trying to remember her name for 2 days.
- [quote]Who's running Kelly's Diner these days?
That would be Shawn, ex-Marine, ex-bodyguard, rumored to be affiliated with the bad guys and may not be around much longer. So, yes, do drop off that resume!
- That would be a perfect job for Roxy Balsom.
- Love it, R385!
And what a perfect little bit of synchronicity that the spot was previously filled by her old running mate, Roger Coleridge.
- Gotta love those BLT's at Kelly's!
Heather Webber thinking of Steven Lars
- Blair's wedding to the Ted King Character Clearinghouse is on Friday!
- That's funny r380, and the drunk woman was right.
- If the producers wanted to bring on Blair full time contract, do you think they would offer her the same deal AMC gave Susan Lucci? Flights home each weekend and two months off each summer?
Add Tea to the mix.
- I don't think anyone will ever give any woman on daytime a Susan Lucci deal again.
I do think it's likely that we will see much more of Blair and other OLTLers after January when the Prospect Park holding deal ends. That is supposedly what has kept Melissa Archer (Natalie) away. KDP seems to think she will never be on for more than short stints because her character is "redundant" with Carly on GH, but I think there is plenty to do with Blair and Tea, even if they are only recurring characters. I think they work well in that role.
- Can someone please explain this supposed Prospect Park holding deal? I don't understand how they can use Todd, Starr, and McBain full time but have limits on Blair, Tea, Natalie. Believe me, I'm in no rush to see Natalie again but the whole thing is a mystery to me.
- Don't know about Melissa Archer but I thought that Kassie and Florencia didn't want to relocate to California.
- I don't know about the others but I seem to recall "Starr" not signing on with Prospect Park.
- Neither she nor Roger Howarth signed a deal with Prospect Park. But Kassie, Florencia and Michael Easton were among those that did.
- Does this mean that come January Niki Sleestak might appear in Port Charles?
That would be HEAVEN.
- I don't think the PP deal has anything to do with it - it's more about managing the budget and maintaining a 25/75-ish OLTL/GH balance.
PP deal was was more than likely pay or play anyway (and it would have been for the rights to all of the stories and characters, not just ones played by actors who happened to sign).
They couldn't bring too many people over full time so they went for bang-for-buck - the two guys they thought women like and could drive story (as well as Starr I guess because she's young and gives Todd some depth/color). Then they figure Blair, Tea, etc. (maybe Natalie) who can play off of Todd and/or McBain are more or less available on recurring basis when needed as they don't have too much else going on besides stage and other TV guest spots.
- The only thing Kassie DePaiva has going on besides her GH guest spots is that infomercial for the No No hair removal product (that's her in the green robe).
- Kassie has actually gotten some horror work. After OLTL ended she started putting herself out there on the genre convention circuit and was quickly picked up for a remake of a Mexican horror film. The horror genre takes care of its vets these days. She did Evil Dead 2. I think she'll not hurt for character parts in that scene if she wants them.
- My understanding is that once Prospect Park announced it wasn't going ahead with the online version of the shows, the actors who had signed were released from contract.
However, PP had licensed the rights to the characters from OLTL and AMC. That licensing agreement expires in January.
So, any of the OLTL characters that have appeared on GH in the past year, ABC had to pay a fee to PP to use them. That's why only Blaire and Tea have recurred, in addition to Todd, Starr and McBain who are on contract at GH.
Any number of OLTL characters could cross over for a few episodes and easily fit into the storyline -- Natalie, Clint, Tomas, Dorian, David Vickers, Addie (Starr's grandmother), Viki, Jack, Sam . . .
Rumor has it that some AMC characters will be on GH for a story arc sometime early next year, once the PP deal expired. David Hayward and Angie Hubbard could easily fit into the show.
And maybe David Hayward has Alan Quartermaine and Georgie Jones locked away, ready to be brought back to life. One can only hope . . .
- God, I would have fit in great in this new landscape. Damnit, why did I drop dead?
- Brody (Mark Lawson) would be so cute for Maxie.
- Did the show actually have a "Stephanie Burton" on today as a potential surrogate for Dante and Lulu who turned out to be a money grubbing bitch?
- Really stupid mistake on today's show: the headline on Skye's ipad read "Blair Kramer"- honestly, how that possibly slip through?
I'm loving Skye - wish she would stick around awhile - she is connected to everyone. Can't wait to see her with Todd and Blair again.
- [quote]Really stupid mistake on today's show: the headline on Skye's ipad read "Blair Kramer"- honestly, how that possibly slip through?
I've seen it spelled that way for years, although I've also seen it spelled with a "C." Maybe they never agreed (or cared about) on an official C/Kramer family spelling.
- You guys may not like Kristin but I think she has really good chemistry with Roger.
Just don't ask her to sing.....ever..... again.
- Back in 2008 when Dorian took over Buchanan Enterprises, she made a big deal about changing the name to Cramer Enterprises. She even presented a logo for CE.
This mistake is simply the fact that the prop masters at GH are not familiar with the OLTL history.
Not the first time it's happened since Frank and Ron took over. As I recall, back in the spring when Kate was reading a book called "Oh yes she D.I.D.", the subtitle of the book said something about Viki Lord and Niki Smith, but spelled it Vicki and Nicki.
- I agree R404; but things do slip through!
Isn't your post missing a 'could?'
But I love how we're all into the show.
I look forward to GH every day again; I haven't said in that years.
- Characters vocalizing how miserable and underhanded Carly and Sonny have been throughout the years are real plus for me.
- Jack Wagner on a return in TV Guide: "There was a call in February when I'd committed to Dancing With the Stars and wasn't able to go back, and since then there's been nothing," reports Wagner, who also declined B&B's recent invite to return for Stephanie's teary farewell. "General Hospital is always dear to my heart and I'm really happy Kristina's back. She still looks so beautiful. Kristina and I haven't talked about it, but I have a feeling if I went back that would probably garner just a little bit of attention."
I would like to see Frisco, but the guy has been a deadbeat dad for over 20 years. I think the healthiest thing they have done with Felicia the Flea is for her to get over her need to be with and emulate men like Frisco and Luke, and recommit herself to her daughter and to poor Mac. It's made me like Felicia for the first time since the 90s. I fear Ron will try to reunite Frisco and Felicia and I can't get behind that.
- I agree with keeping Skye on the canvas. I always enjoy watching her. Yesterday's scenes with Carly were actually entertaining (even Carly doesn't bother me lately). They have this cat fight and then realize they have a common cause- that was good.
A mix of the old characters with a couple of OLTLers mingled in has done wonders for GH.
- KDP should rethink that feathered bob. Sure, it's low maintenance and flattering but she's gotten enough mileage off of that look and it looks tired to me now. It reminds me of growing out short hair.
If I were her, I'd totally rip off Finola Hughes's hair. She could also go back to her tried and true bouncy long pageboy too since that's probably her best look.
- Is this the new OLTL thread? I'm so excited. Any word when David Gregory and his surgically altered breasts will be turning up?
- Tea's feets! Seriously though, she has incredible legs.
Michael is really growing on me. Love that he's calling bs on Sonny and Carly.
- Michael looks like a young Trevor St. John.
The former TSJ Troll
- Is my Andy Trischetta legal yet? I want to begin fantasizing about him, but I promised I'd wait til he became of age. Please tell me he's fair game now.
- What is it with Laura Wright and "sure as the hell?" I've never heard it phrased like that before, but since I noticed it once, I've noticed it every time she's done it.
As tiresome as I find Connie/Kate, I can at least admit that Kelly Sullivan acts the hell out of the part.
The Voice of the Night
- Jack couldn't do GH b/c Dancing With the Stars had started?
- Lucy Coe is back either next week or the following week. Expected to be here for awhile.
KDP is expected to return as Blair for at least several more stints.
- Michael is really growing on my too! I never thought I'd see the day when I'd say that, he used to annoy/bore the pants off of me.
I would love it if Skye stuck around, but I have a feeling this Alcazar thread is going to be the catalyst for her to leave. "Tomas" won't show for the wedding, and she'll end up searching for him.
And that's ok, just as long as she come back with him!
- I love that they're using Ted King's stint on both OLTL and GH to drive plot.
Very smart of Ron to combine both Tomas and Alcazar. Makes me feel like life is still happening in Llanview, even though we aren't seeing it daily.
Also loved that Skye mentioned her Uncle Stuart in Pine Valley. All Skye's Pine Valley connections were so routinely ignored during the Guza era, so this was very nice.
Now I just wish that Skye would make mention of how much Sonny looks like a guy she knew in Pine Valley named Nico Kelly.
- [quote]Very smart of Ron to combine both Tomas and Alcazar. Makes me feel like life is still happening in Llanview, even though we aren't seeing it daily.
But in post-apocalyptic Llanview, Tea's house is the only building still standing.
I ended up with a huge shit-eating grin on my face at Robert's "Mrs. C!" to Helena.
The Voice of the Night
- Not so. We have also seen John and Natalie's new house. Much nicer than that fleabag hotel room he lived in for 8 years.
- They could really use an African American couple. Maybe a love story between an ex-husband and ex-wife reuniting at age 55. Just throwing it out there.
- That cow Carolyn Hinsey assures us that OLTL will be back!!
- R425 Yeah, I really believe her. That cretin will say anything to get attention and remind the world she is still alive. OLTL is not coming back.
- David Gregory has a recurring role on NBC's thriller soap, Deception, Bree Williamson is also on that show.
- The rumor is that they're casting a gay male sidekick for Sabrina.
I approve of this. I would have rather had Lucas Jones and a boyfriend to move back to Port Charles, Jack Manning and Morgan Corintos and falling for each other at military school, or especially McBain convincing Anna to hire Fish for the PCPD while Kyle gets a job at GH, especially since I would hope we might even get to see them get married, but I'll take what I can it.
Just please, find somewhat for somewhat to bring Kevin back as Connie/Kate's shrink.
So we know who's supposed to Liz and Sarah Webber's biomom? Annie Logan?
The Voice of the Night
- [quote]So we know who's supposed to Liz and Sarah Webber's biomom? Annie Logan?
- How McBane still survives is an unsolved mystery for the ages.
- A woman named Caroline was Elizabeth's bio-mom and married to her father Jeff in a story that went nowhere and had no resolution.
- [quote] How McBane still survives is an unsolved mystery for the ages.
He's a vampire, silly...
- It should have been OLTL that survived, not GH.
- The gay character at GH is really not that good looking.
- If they're going to do a Lucy Coe-type thing and turn mousy Sabrina into a glamourpuss, then GET ON WITH IT.
The Patrick-Sabrina-Brit plot is not just the B-story, it's the Z-story. Only reason it's even remotely tolerable is that it's leading up to the Nurses Ball.
Will Robin escape and make it home in time for the Nurses Ball? The climatic moment being when Robin enters the theatre.
- R235 What gay character is on GH?
- R436, I hope they're not planning to try that with poor dull Robin. Since no one cares if she's dead, the scene would be purely anticlimactic.
- The gay friend for Sabrina - Felix - has already been cast and is on in a week or two to make her over.
- They are all still supposedly in the process of recasting Jack.
- Lynn Herring has said she expects to be on through to at least March.
- If one more character from OLTL shows up, some of those GH fraus on the soap boards are going to have a fucking meltdown. They already think the show has taken over (even though 90% of the cast is GH) and they whine and rant. Personally, I don't see a need for Jack anyway. I would like Todd to be free to put in other stories. I can't stand that cow Blair.
- Now that a handful of Llanview characters have been incorporated in the GH fold, have they resolved the OLTL cliffhanger that revealed Victor is still alive?
I am not watching GH, but I'd like to know how they brought closure to that story...if they have.
- Is Ted King actually coming back on? Or will they just say that Tomas ran off because his past as Lorenzo was discovered?
- It's the character of John McBain I resent. I want Robert Scorpio!
- Why would they recast Jack when they had the perfect Jack who was was going to be smoking hot the minute he turned legal. I wonder if he's legal now?
- Not yet, r443, but it's coming. You should watch the show, it's great.
- I too was a dedicated OLTL viewer, but I watched GH for the first time on Friday to see Todd, Blair and my beloved Tea.
Did they ever explain what happened to the baby Tea was carrying by Victor? She was not pregnant on Friday and the baby should have been born by now..
- r448 Yes the plot has been resolved. They did an entire 4-month baby switch plot about it.
Tea's son whom she named Victor died during childbirth in June. Todd and GH looney Heather switched the baby with the baby of Sam and Jason Morgan who was born at the same time.
The plot was resolved in October, done fairly quickly thanks to Steve Burton (who played Jason) leaving the show.
Baby Victor is now with his mother Sam and is now named Daniel. Tea went back to Llanview and is pissed at Todd for his part in it.
- The only way Claudia is returning is if she's married to Anthony Bouvier!
- I expect more OLTL appearances come January when they don't have to pay for the PP rights to the characters.
- R448, that baby died, but Tea was given Sam's baby -- thinking it was hers. Florencia did a great job when it all came out.
- Really, R451? Port Chuck, here I come!
- Thanks, R449 and R452.
Now how soon before Queen Erika Slezak comes to Port Charles?
- Darlings, they'll bring back Emma Lutz before bringing back Claudia & Brian... Or Claudia & Anthony Bouvier for that matter!!!
- WHET Sharon Wyatt, who played Tiffany? Loved her southern accent. Didn't Tiffany marry Sean waaaày back when?
- I fully expect people like Erika Slezak and Jerry ver Dorn to make some kind of appearances.
- Sharon is not well. She was on Passions for a bit, but in recent years she's been suffering from some disease where her jawbone has basically been disintegrating. They've been trying to do reconstructive surgery, but it hasn't worked.
I always loved Sharon & Tiffany Hill, so it's been so tough to see. There are some stories online about it - I think Entertainment Tonight did a clip a couple of years ago. I couldn't even watch the whole thing because it was difficult to see her in that condition. (I know, MARY!)
And I know some crazy things get posted on DL, but this unfortunately is true, and not a troll post.
- [quote]WHET Sharon Wyatt, who played Tiffany? Loved her southern accent. Didn't Tiffany marry Sean waaaày back when?
I'm unsure of the reason why, but she and John Reilly, who played Sean, were let go in the mid-90s. At the end of the season season of General Hospital: Night Shift, Robert (who was in the hospital dying of cancer) had a dream that Tiffany, Sean, Mac, and Luke appeared to him. First, they got major style points because they used the classic GH theme from the 80s, and even more style points by faithfully recreating the set that they used for Robert's house in the 80s, down to that hideously unsafe staircase with no bannister.
Anna had already appeared in the flesh to be with him while he was sick, and they had tried to get Holly for the hallucination as well, but Emma Samms had a conflict.
The Voice of the Night
- Am I the only one who remembers Angela Shapiro's ill-fated attempt to get soap fans to help underwrite the shows by encouraging them to buy (tacky, cheap) costume jewelry as featured on the show. I remember they expanded to other housewares after a while (I seem to remember they expanded it to bedding (again, cotton-poly blend that cost far too much than they should have).
I was reminded of that when Maxxie pulled out her Hershey bar on Friday, though of course it wasn't nearly as obnoxious as Guza and Steve Burton making sure that their gullible audience would think MonaVie juice could cure viruses and so forth.
I can accept a certain amount of Disney corporate whoring, including Liz's kids being safe from Jerry's toxin by having Audrey taking the to Disney World.
As an aside, part of my is bothered by Maxxie called Mac "Mac" these days, since once upon a time, she called him "Daddy" since he was much more of a father to here than Frisco ever was. The in same vein, during the Markham island flu story, Mac got to punch Robert in the face and tell him getting to be Robin's surrogate father was the best think that ever happened to himl
The Voice of the Night
- The deterioration of Sharon Wyatt's bones (osteonecrosis) has been attributed to Fosamax, a drug that is routinely prescribed to millions of women without thought to its side effects.
Many are coming to believe osteoporosis is nothing more than a ruse to sell drugs to gullible and frightened women. The tests for thinning bones were developed by a drug company and given to doctors at no charge.
- I love that the CIA agent to delivered the news about Tomas was named Ted King.
- More Helena and Robert please!
The Voice of the Night
- I know that some people who used to have SoapNet don't anymore. I still do and the OLTL reruns are at the start (sort of) of the Kish storyline.
Today was the episode where Fish went on a dinner date with Layla. Kyle was sitting at the bar watching them and telling Christian that there are things the roommates don't know about Oliver and that he's just using Layla.
It's fun to relive those episodes.
- "The Real Cassadines of Spoon Island."
I would totally watch that.
The Voice of the Night
- Love the Kish story!
- ABC has repeatedly tried to buy back the Prospect Park rights to OLTL and AMC over the last year, instead of just waiting for the license to run out as they do next month. Rumor has it they are considering re-launching one or both as a limited run summer daytime series or on ABC Family. Huge grain of salt.
GH is casting a teenage boy aged 14-17. Either Morgan or Jack Manning but all the rumors I have heard is that Jack is back with Blair soon.
- r467, there is no feasible place to even put a "re-launch". Even if they dump The Chew, I doubt they would throw money at a canceled soap opera.
The people at ABC were complete morons for throwing 2 shows away at once. They might be riding high if they left the GH/OLTL block followed by Katie.
- This show needs grand dame Sleestak!
- Steve, before I give you a job I need to find out, are you a top or a bottom?
- R467, they sold off OLTL. The sets are gone, the costumes are gone, everything is gone. They wiped the place out. They gave the actors almost no notice that they needed to vacate their dressing rooms, it was done in such a hurry.
It would be ultra-expensive to rebuild everything from scratch. If they thought OLTL was too expensive before, how would they feel about building it from the ground up? As much as I would love to see OLTL's glory days again, I can't see it happening.
I doubt GH is going to go on beyond its anniversary. I think they'll do an anniversary show or a series of shows, and then kerplunk.
- Serials were never about the sets. Heck in the 1970's the walls would shake when people shut the doors too hard. They could start off slow and build up the shows again. Bring them back with smaller casts and 1/2 hour format.
- R472, why would they bring back shows they perceive as having failed at the end of their runs? Indeed, the remaining soaps are only drawing a small percentage of their former audience so there's good reason for the networks to feel that way. B&B, which is a half-hour, is not faring all that well. It used to make more money because the shorter format was popular in foreign markets, but it's lost some of those markets now.
I would love for some of the better shows to come back, but it's been a long time since I've clapped for Tinkerbell.
It's not just sets when we're talking about rebuilding. It's cameras, it's lights, it's sound, it's hiring a cast and crew and trying to get people to come back after they've moved on.
Those old rickety sets you're talking about would not work for today's viewers. Look how critical posters are on the soap threads about how the shows look? Can you imagine if they went back to the original standards?
- Given the recent ratings, I can't imagine keeping GH isn't on the table. Before? Maybe it was a done deal. Now? With the failure of The Revolution and the horrible showing of The Chew, ABC has to be just a tad nervous.
- Any lawyers in Port Charles these days?
- Word on GH is that it's safe through to the anniversary. Another decision point would come around February - which would put its cancellation date at fall at the earliest, IMO. But given the numbers and the new investment in a companion reality show ("The Real General Hospital") I am not convinced that will be happening. ABC likes the numbers.
- Robin Strasser tweeted she's off to LA "on business". And "looking forward to seeing FV"
Does this mean Senator Aunt Dorian is coming to Port Charles?
Before Dame Viki? AN OUTRAGE!
- If only they could tell the story of how freshman Senator Dorian made it onto the Intelligence Committee (as per Monday's show, Blair mentions it).
- [quote]If only they could tell the story of how freshman Senator Dorian made it onto the Intelligence Committee (as per Monday's show, Blair mentions it).
Marco Rubio is on the Intelligence Committee and he's just about to finish his first two years.
In the Majority side, Mark Warner and one of Udalls are members and both are in their first terms.
The Voice of the Night
- MISS Coe if you're nasty!
The Voice of the Night
- So what's the deal with Tony Geary? They've rewritten the current story to give Robert all of Luke's lines. I know all about Geary's vacations, but they've managed to work around that successfully so far. I can't help but think something is not right.
MB has signed a new contract. Worst news I've heard since OLTL and AMC were cancelled.
And does anybody actually watch The Chew? I always catch the last few minutes of it before GH and can't believe the superficial drivel it is. A panel of essentially worthless little personalities who have absolutely no star quality or charisma who spend the time sitting around a table talking about useless trivial aspects of their lives like they were twittering anything that comes to their minds... and they all obviously can't stand each other.
- Thanks for posting the clip of Roberts 80s reunion. Sean and Tiffany looked great.
I'm so sad that Wyatt is going through so much health problems. Hope she gets better. She was one of my all time Faves.
With Lucy coming back is Scotty far behind?
- Geary's absence was apparently a personal issue.
Rumor has it FV is fed up with the copious vacations and this will be Geary's last contract under his old terms. TG could exit in April for the anniversary with Genie Francis.
- Hinsey is a pig for toying with those already battered fans by suggesting the soaps might be back.
- Sabrina's gay fairly godmother who comes supplied with lipstick in his pocket was fun yesterday.
Hope they develop the character a little more.
- I hope they do something with that rat nest of hair she has...
- FV confirms in the mags that Anna confronts Faison next week with the help of Robert and John. Faison tries a swap with the real Duke somehow, but Anna catches on. Anna and Robert then head for the infamous Swiss clinic. This ends Anders Hove's run (too brief) but the story continues.
Lynn Herring debuts next week as well. A new podcast interview with her is linked below. She sounds thrilled.
- LH also confirmed that she is on through to spring and that the Nurses Ball will air in a couple months.
- They tied AJ to Faison! I'm in heaven. You could see the wheels turning in Anna's head today. Excited to see her confront Faison, but sad that it means the end of Anders Hove, who is always fun to watch. I have to say, Ian Buchanan has done a pretty good job of playing Faison-as-Duke. From the moment he's stepped on screen. his portrayal has felt creepy and awkward, even before the audience knew the truth. It will be interesting to see the contrast when he gets back to playing "real" Duke.
- You are so jealous it is sick. Jason Morgan " Steve Burton " was terrific most men would die to look like him. Not to mention you ol sickos can't even decide who is who Todd & Starr are great easton same ol same ol no lust their looks bad and does not add to show. Sam and him do nothing for the show together JASON OR AJ, or JASON BACK DING BATS. ou bring 5 peeps on to get for 1 leaving he was a very big star. How about you doing something to look that good Steve Burton I hope you return or we see you on prime time soon. Good Luck MISS YOU!!!!!!!!
- r490, although your post is very hard to read, I get that you want SB back. But truth be told, Burton left on his own accord because he wasn't top dog anymore. He had it easy for the last decade. FV was not going to play the bizarre game of favorites that Phelps, Guza and Frons did which gave Burton such privleged status for the last decade. Burton is also not willing to branch out as an actor - he's lazy and entitledand, and extremely homophobic. Working in this new environment filled with gay men in charge made him uncomfortable. MB, KM and LW know who butters their bread and have accepted the changes - SB refused to and was very unhappy with ME coming aboard and striking up such chemistry with KM. KM was very welcome to the new story direction; SB wasn't. When the pyramid scam money runs out, SB may come back begging for his job back, but he won't be given so much power again. It will be sheer necessity that he will come crawling back.
- R491 - while I think you lay an awful lot at SB's door, i do agree with the general notion that his removal from top spot on GH did play into his departure. In the short time the new team had been running things, Jason was no longer always right, Jason no longer always saved the day, Jason actually actively made wrong moves, and Jason didn't always get the girl. At best, Steve probably realized he would be having to share the spotlight that usually went exclusively to his character, with at least one other character (John McBain in this case). I think all these changes and his decision to make personal changes in his life at the same time, absolutely tied together.
And as much as I've detested MB's Sonny for years - and honestly, felt some negativity towards MB for willingly hogging the spotlight with SB to the detriment of the show, I have to give him some credit for staying on and signing a new contract when it is clear that while Sonny is still important to the canvas, he is no longer co-center of the show. He's one of several, and in some ways, he has been shoved a bit off to the side to deal with mob stories.
- R491, I agree with the gist of your post but there are a number of factual errors.
[quote]FV was not going to play the bizarre game of favorites that Phelps, Guza and Frons did which gave Burton such privleged status for the last decade.
FV has his own bizarre game of favorites. He has a large stable of "pets" whom he favors. Why else would anyone as supremely untalented and unattractive as Kristen Alderson be given as much airtime as she gets? FV has even pimps her singing career, which is a joke.
I don't like Burton, but he has tons of money. The "pyramid scheme" money was a drop in the bucket. He was making a few million a year on GH, and he owns a number of successful businesses. He's greedy and he'll never have enough, but there's no danger of his money running out.
He could very well be homophobic, but I've actually never heard that about him. I've certainly never heard that it affected his dealings with FV and RC. He was mightily unhappy that he was no longer top dog on GH when ME and RoHo were brought on, and that he objected because the writing for his character was worse than ever, but I've never heard anything that implied that his problems with the new leadership at GH were based in homophobia.
I think what amazed me most about R490's post was SB's looks. His looks were in the past. He hasn't aged well and the years of overtanning and neglecting his skin and all of his yo-yo dieting have taken their toll. He loves to overeat, especially the worst kind of junk food. He bragged about eating a dozen Krispy Kremes in the back seat of a car on his way to a PA. If he doesn't weigh 300 pounds by the time winter is over, I'll be surprised.
- Looks like the fraus have invaded who are wailing over the loss of the one-note Burton.
- One frau, R494. Those who posted afterward disagreed with her.
- Someone over at Mediadomain came up with a good call on Olivia's visions regarding Lulu's dog-baby: jackals are canines - Damian's nickname is The Jackal. Lulu and Dante are going to be bringing up Damian's baby.
I'd love to know the terms of MB's new contract. Paycuts? More vacation time? As someone else said, it is big of MB to accept the changes his status has undertaken. He's really nothing more than a supporting character to the more pronounced Kelly Sullivan. I was really expecting him to walk. But MB is smarter than Peter Reckell or Ronn Moss, 50ish actors who feel they can throw away a job at this time in careers that only centered on soap operas - in a time when there are only four soaps left on daytime TV. I personally don't think MB is well - he looks haggard and lethargic; perhaps his bi-polar condition is dragging him down and his health isn't in the best position to give up a job.
- Bipolar disorder becomes more difficult to manage and properly medicate as a person ages. MB seems to have done well for the most part, but at his age patients generally have to start making some medication adjustments. It's a disease that tends to age people.
MB's wife is beginning a new career in producing, so this may not be the best time for him to quit. He may need the stability of work now more than ever.
MB has been through some life changes that have probably taught him to adapt. SB has never had to learn any of that.
Peter Reckell and Ronn Moss hated things that were going on with their respective shows, so it wasn't only about money with them. They have both invested well and are probably looking forward to a soap-less future.
- I find it hard to believe that FV and RC are the first gay men Burton ever encountered. I am sure most of the actors on daytime are gay. I am not so sure that would have played a role in his departure. Ten years of being top dog and having the writers and EP bow to your wishes is more likely the reason. He even refused to do love scenes and his insistence on not removing any clothing led to some ridiculous scenes (Liz, a nurse, putting a bandage on his shotgun wound around his bloody jeans rather than removing them). Frankly, it is like a new, better show without his sleepwalking acting dominating the show.
- I'm really hoping they do something to rework Sonny Corinthos because I am not looking forward to a continuation of all that has been happening so far. The scene yesterday in which he apologized to Connie for her getting raped by Joe Jr and then in the next breath coming on to her like a creepy old man was disturbing - not in a fascinating way. The character continually repulses me. I can only see the next step for Sonny is try and go legit, and hopefully we can see him take a few hits from a stronger AJ to humanize him. It would even be satisfying to see Sonny hanging from a meathook begging a grinning AJ to be let down.
And they have to get rid of Johnny Zacchara. The character is just floating around carrying the shame of killing a child. With AJ in the picture and an inevitable Todd-Carly-AJ triangle and a Sonny-Connie-AJ triangle looming on the horizon, we don't need Johnny anymore.
- [quote]And they have to get rid of Johnny Zacchara.
No! They have to keep him. I've grown very attached to him. Take Dante instead.
- The ridiculous obsession with Kristen Alderson is quite mind-boggling. Does her mother have blackmail material?
- We need Sleestak on GH!!
- I agree that Johnny is better than Dante, but Dante has family ties. Johnny has none. He's a free agent that orbits the family structures of GH and he's been backed into a corner with this latest story. There is way too many potential leading men on this show right now.
- Way too many potential leading men, but few of them are attractive.
- I always thought that when a gay man produced a soap, the chances would be far greater that it would be visually appealing.
Under FV, GH's hair, makeup, wardrobe, lighting, editing and photography have all gone downhill, and its music sucks.
Are we sure this guy is gay?
- I would get rid of both Johnny and Dante. I would recast Dylan and age Michael a bit so that they can go head to head against each other. Also, Lulu needs a different leading man, a dirty white boy that is going to rock her world and get her caught up in danger and intrigue. I'd also create maybe a new doctor and a young law student who dates a recast Kristina, but is actually hot for Alexis. I would get rid of the black bartender guy and his kid.
- R506 So let me get this straight - get Lulu a white boyfriend, get rid of the blacks, make a couple more changes and we're all good?
- No silly, I wasn't being racist. I said a dirty white boy, Dante's white and a cop and too clean and good for Lulu. Lulu needs a man like her father, who just comes into her life and turns everything upside down. Someone who is nothing but trouble.
The black bartender guy is completely useless, not because he's black but because he was brought on by a different regime for another purpose. The show has changed, and the character doesn't fit anymore. If he was still Carly's bodyguard and had the hots for her, that might be interesting.
Oh and I would also get rid of Star Manning.
- The problem with Starr Manning is that she's not being written correctly. She's the daughter of Todd and Blair, she should be a major-league schemer.
We're just now starting to see this again. Glad they got rid of her Teen Mom shackles.
- The problem with Starr Manning is that they need to hire a different actress to play her.
KA does not have the talent, presence or looks to pull off the part she's playing. Too bad, because I enjoyed her when she was a kid but she hasn't grown into the role.
- Spectacular show today. I wasn't expecting that last scene. I love how the show reserves these little surprises in the age of spoilers.
LW and CD rocked in their scenes.
Today was the first day I actually liked that Sabrina character. I loved her scenes with Todd and that scene with Patrick in the elevator was sweet.
- R510, ITA. Alderson is no Heather Tom.
- Johnny is the only man on canvas who has really smoking chemistry with Kristen Alderson.
That said I would like to thank GH for putting little Chad Duell onscreen prancing around in tiny boxers again today. Whoever is responsible for having him constantly in his underwear in December is a great humanitarian.
- Johnny also has the best chemistry with Maxie.
GH was stupid for firing Ingo Rademacher because he worked well with every woman they ever paired him with, but Brandon Barash is a close second to him.
- Why do they keep forcing us to witness Patrick's tiny little bird chest. Thank God that big dicked twink Chad Duell gave us a little show today.
- How do we know of Chad Duell's package?
- Hard to believe that Chad was recently married. Lucky wife getting plowed by that cutie.
- r510 Fifteen years ago, people might have said the same thing about Kimberly McCullough (Robin).
Kristen Alderson may not be an Oscar caliber actress, but we've known her in that role since 2000. That counts for a lot. We've watched her grow up and that has established a huge bond with the audience.
That longtime connection is something only the soaps can provide. But its even rarer for soaps to allow a child actress to grow up in a role.
Kimberly McCullough, Erin Torpey, Christie Clark and Allison Sweeney are the only other ones I can think of who we've watched grow up on the show. Well, I guess you could also count Eddie Alderson on OLTL too.
I like her in the role. I like the character.
- The difference is Kristen Alderson grew up on OLTL. This isn't OLTL, this is GH which requires a higher caliber of acting and a different look.
- R518, I thought the same thing many times about KA while I was watching OLTL. I also thought it about KMc on GH, although I didn't like her when she was a child either.
This is GH we're watching now. Many GH viewers did not watch KA/Starr grow up and they aren't interested in cutting her any slack because she's not very good.
- In the current edition of Soap Opera Digest Scott Reeves talks about his character being an LSD baby and how that would affect the person he is playing today.
Heather took LSD while pregnant with his character, Steven Lars.
- I don't give a shit if OLTL viewers watched Kristen Alderson grow up there. That show is dead and buried - she's not regarded with any affection or familiarity by the majority GH audience. She's Frank and Ron's pet. Why else do you think Kassie is always passive aggressive on her twitter about how OLTL crossovers are 'helping' GH and making up stories about how people walk up to her every day crying for Llanview? Please. GH is the top ABC soap - always had been, always will be, aside from a stint in the early 90s when AMC reigned during Janet/Natalie in the well.
Back to my point, the OLTL people have a mighty high opinion of themselves. Roger Howarth and Florencia have become these terrible hammy actors.
I can't stand Ron's writing.
- I feel bad for personally attacking the OLTL transfers on here. I just feel there's a whole agenda at work and it's like the Friends of Frank, you know? I like Kassie and Roger. I'm just projecting.
- Angry fatty alert at R522
- What Frank and ROn did to Heather Webber was really obvious and lazy in my opinion. The worst kind of Baby Jane Hudson laboured camp. I love Robin Mattson but the writing was so grating and one-note for her that I couldn't wait for her to leave.
- I already apologized r524. I just wish people could understand why I take it out on the Llanview people, even though it's not really their fault. They represent the transference of a specific vision onto a show that never worked the same way. GH has just become so pedestrian. You'd think two gay men would give us an exotic ticket to some adventurous port town. The actors aren't even trying anymore. Everybody is just running off the mouth with their lines but nobody's really PLAYING it.
- No one should bash Ron and Frank for trying to turn this show around, but Kristen Alderson is not GH caliber. There a million actresses who could play Star much better and be attractive at the same time. GH has always been an actor's soap. I'm going to compare the soaps to their primetime equivalents.
Days = Melrose Place. Campy, over the top, oversexed, with hot guys and beautiful women doing outrageous things.
YR = Dallas. Great production values, solid performances every once in a while, but bigger than life and melodramatic.
BB = Dynasty. Nothing else needs to be said.
GH = Was always like a cable drama. Solid acting, complex storylines, complex characters, played by actors who could really act. Alderson can't act. She's was okay for OLTL, she's out of her league on this show.
- Bizarre comparisons. Days is about as opposite to Melrose Place as a show could get. Days is a conservative happy religious show (Eric Brady's come back as a priest for god's sake). Melrose was a brilliant satire of the human condition, a cynical vicious innovative little upstart.
Y&R and Dallas? I'd compare Y&R more to early Dynasty, pre-Alexis. I wonder if Bill Bell lifted Victor and Heather Tom's Victoria and her hatred of Ashley from the original Blake/Fallon/Krystle relationship.
- Someone clearly never watched OLTL at its best if they think it was the low-class soap compared to GH.
- r522 Sorry you're not liking Ron and Frank's vision for GH.Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone is entitled to prefer Guza's vision for Port Charles.
But you do realize that if not for Frank and Ron, GH would now be history. Guza, and Garin who followed him, aided by JFP, where taking the show straight to cancellation.
So as much as you're bitching about how horrible it is under Frank and Ron, keep in mind the show could be dead right now.
Would you rather have a show to nitpick over or a canceled show?
- I can't believe after years - YEARS - of people complaining about Guza and PHelps' one note portrayal of Mob Hospital that people are now complaining because - basically - OLTL characters are on GH. Never mind that the show is now more balanced than it has been in a decade. Never mind that after years of a slow, agonizing death, the Quartermaines are front and center again and are actually growing. Never mind that historic GH characters - Robert, Anna, Lucy, Heather, Faison - are back for short term arcs or permanently. Never mind that the mob is FINALLY not the center of the show. Never mind that PCPD is once again being shown as somewhat competent. Never mind that every new regime brings on new characters and as such, Frank and Ron actually made a brilliant move by bringing on 'new' characters from an already established show to mix things up and bring in new viewers - and it's worked.
The show is finally worth saving again.
- R531, the only one that is out of place is Kristen Alderson as Starr. Todd and McBain are fine. The periodic guests stints from Tea and Blair are fine. Alderson is the problem. She's weird looking and can't act.
- K. Alderson's whole situation is almost tragic. She's not physically attractive, is not a good actress, can't sing but because an EP who's known her since she was a kid has an attachment to her, she's in a job that exposes her to endless scorn. I don't blame her for collecting a paycheck, but, and I mean this literally, her presence could kill GH. She needs to go to nursing school and let someone who can capitalize on the opportunity to keep GH on the air take the Starr Manning role.